Windows Support Forum

Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update

Q: Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update

Hi I have a USB Bluetooth Dongle I use this with XP sp that I keep fully updated I did an update today and following this my bluetooth dongle does not work I have used the windows update site to look at my update history and it tells me that one of my udates was this iAnywhere - Other hardware - ISSC EDR Bluetooth after doesn't Bluetooth update work windows USB Adapter I think that if i remove this and try again my bluetooth dongle should work edit I should add that I am unable to find this program to remove it - which is why I am posting I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and it doesn t seem to do any good Does anyone have any ideas please Will I Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update have a ghost image that I took today just before doing the windows update I could just restore Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update the image but am a little nervous because I have never done it before nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update

Hi,

You'll be glad to know I stopped being a WUSS, and restored the Ghost image I made this morning. It was nerve wracking but went well. I'm posting here after all.

Will

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-windows-update.111783/
Relevancy 93.74%

The problem appeared in two different laptops (Lenovo and Fujitsu). The bluetooth hardware is not visible in device manager anymore, but unrecognized device appeared. Driver reinstall doesn't help. Driver installation setup says there is no bluetooth hardware.
PC Suite is installed , worked fine before.

How to restore bluetooth?

A:After Windows 7 update bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

Eventually Fujitsu went to service as it stopped booting even from CD and USB. Had MOBO replaced. Came back yesterday had win 7 installed. Everything was fine till I installed Nokia Ovi and tried to use Bluetooth. Then the same hapenned - first USB unknown device than no boot at all. I am desperate - I dont believe this is hardware (2 mobos?) but I can't access the machine at all. If this was software it should boot from Win 7 DVD - but it hangs displaying 'starting windows'. I can access BIOS setup and I can boot only some DOS emergency boot CD allowing me to copy or erase whole disc, but I can't reinstall OS. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-windows-7-update-bluetooth-doesnt-work-anymore.985379/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW doesn't Windows Bluetooth My Professional on work 7 x64 J laptop with built in bluetooth Broadcom Widcomm Alps My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional something like that some drivers had the former name others the last one I use Windows x Professional and it seems that the bluetooth doesn't My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional work After the fresh install few months ago it worked Meanwhile I didn't use it because I didn't need it But today I tried to use it but it can't find my device mobile phone I tried with many device but it seems that the bluetooth doesn't scan for devices I can't also see it from other device my phone doesn't see it I tried three driver versions but none of them does anything more than what I have described above The install does all good but after that nothing work I see the BT icon in tray near the volume icon but if I click on it it appears an empty page scanning for new device forever Neither adding a device nor opening the settings worked The quot Allow new device to connect quot is blurred gray so I can't click it If I uninstall the driver Windows uses its own driver but this does also not work I think it's not a driver problem but a Windows one since it worked some time ago I don't know what to do Can anyone help me Thanks in advance

A:My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

Hi,
After the fresh install (few months ago) it worked.

So we know that it does actually work with Windows 7, but you just cant get it to now.

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

The "Allow new device to connect" is blurred gray, so I can't click it.

What about "Add a Device"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/58744-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-windows-7-x64-professional.html
Relevancy 76.11%

After tha last automatic update of Microsoft Windows 10 the bluetooth doesn't work. I can turn it on and off, but it doesn't recognize other devices and is not detected its presence from other devices, such as smartphones, so it is impossible to put them in communication and exchange files. Please, may anyone help me? Thank you, very much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-doesn-t-work-after-last-windows-10-updates-on/td-p/5795594
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse Bluetooth doesn't work on my Professional Mouse doesn't work on Bluetooth 64bit Microsoft 7 Windows Dell laptop Here is some more detailed information Laptop Dell Vostro Operation System Windows Professional bit SP Steps to reproduce turn on Bluetooth of Sculpt Touch Mouse go to 'Devices Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit and Printers' add a device double click 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' on the list of popup screen the 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' device icon will be added to device list on 'Devices and Printers' ovserved that the icon of 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' was grey out and couldn't be used tried to move the mouse but no response and the light on the top of the mouse keeps flashing red lt -- gt green The Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse was suppose to be setup install in one minute That's why I prefer to buying the Microsoft mouse product But it wasn't It took me few days to try to install it and it was still failed Could everyone tell me how to fix that Thanks

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Try installing this software/driver for microsoft mouse and keyboard first: Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/363911-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work-windows-7-professional-64bit.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Cant get it to updateand when i use thr troubleshooternit doesnt work either Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Administrator doesn't doesn't troubleshooter and work 7 update Windows administrator on - - at Running from D Users Administrator Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check D Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit D Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D B DA D A E EB A DD D Windows system Drivers tdx sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FE A DFA C A E AE C AAB D Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed D Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit D Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit D Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit D Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed D Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system es dll gt MD is legit D Windows system cryptsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CA BECEA DE ADDAD E A C D Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CF F FAE DE AD EB D Windows system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit D Windows system iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit D Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Edit Topic moved from Windows to the more appropriate forum due to FRST log Animal

A:Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work

Hello,

Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561979/windows-7-doesnt-update-and-troubleshooter-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

A:My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karstin1812

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

Hi Karstin,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You would need to re-install Bluetooth software/driver for your system. Please check the link below for finding out the drivers:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289528-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-bttray-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi i ve got the problem that I can t do updates of AntiVir or Windows When I go to the Windows update site it redirects me to google So I need your help please HijackThis logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm work and doesn't Windows AntiVir update update exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows update and AntiVir update doesn't work Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif Windows update and AntiVir update doesn't work exe C Program Files Windows update and AntiVir update doesn't work HomeCinema TV Enhance TVEService exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Google Google EULA GoogleEULALauncher exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www aldi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google de R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www aldi com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files FlashGet getflash dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run TVEService quot C Program Files HomeCinema TV Enhance TVEService exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Skytel Skytel exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Google EULA Launcher C Program Files Google Google EULA GoogleEULALauncher exe GE O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run XboxStat quot C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe quot silentrun O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft... Read more

Relevancy 69.23%

i'm using windows xp service pack 2. i try to go to the windows update page and all i get is a blank white screen and on the bottom left hand corner of the screen, it says done. but nothing is there. if i edit the top url, i can go anywhere i want but just not windows update. i have no viruses, spyware, adaware as i have a thorough check of all and came up empty.

Any suggestions.

Relevancy 69.23%

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. When I clicked on window update, it took a long time for the window to appear. The left side bar of windows update is red. When I clicked on check for update, an error : window update cannot currently cheak for update because the service is not running.. You may need to restart. But restarting dis nothing.

I tried to use fixit but I got an error " am error occurred while downloading one or more components"
the diag_mats_network_global also doe not work.

Relevancy 69.23%

When I try to use Windows Update, it says computer has to be restarted; if I restart, it just goes back to the same thing. I had a recent infection and got it cleaned up with help on here.   I've also tried the various windows update repair tools, and they haven't solved the problem. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks.

A:windows update doesn't work

Hello

This is a problem with very, very many possible causes. We must start at the most common, and keep persevering until we hit upon the one which applies to your computer. Please stick with me.

People will look online and find simple solutions for you (such as the Windows Update reboot registry key). Whilst this is a cause, it isn't a *likely* cause. Please understand that I have not unintentionally overlooked it, but we are better off starting with more common, but more advanced solutions.

Most common solution to this problem: transactional logfile corruption (don't worry, you don't need to understand that )

So, please start an Elevated Command Prompt: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/

and copy and paste in the following:fsutil resource setautoreset true %systemdrive%\
attrib -r -s -h %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\TxR\*
del %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\TxR\*
attrib -r -s -h %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*
del %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.tm*
del %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.blf
del %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.regtrans-ms
and press enter after the final line if necessary.
If you are asked if you are sure, type Y and press enter.
You may get some errors on some of these lines. Please just ignore them (they are normal), and let me know whether this resolves your problem.

Thank you!

Richard

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492643/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

My computer was recently infected.  I think we got it cleaned, but I'm not 100% sure.  Now when I try to use Windows Update, it says computer has to be restarted; if I restart, it just goes back to the same thing.  I've tried the various windows update repair tools, and they haven't solved the problem.  If a file has been corrupted, can anyone help me resolve that?  Any other help is also appreciated.  Thanks.

Please complete your topic in Malware Removal area as there are items that still need attention -fireman4it closed it on 08 April as you did not reply to any questions -See > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489699/possible-zeroaccess-infection/#entry3021737 You can still request for the topic to be continued - Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491250/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey The last time an update was installed was in January since the Windows work Update doesn't next time i was offered an update Windows Update or any of the programs that use windows update fail to update Also i can't download the updates manually standalone msu installers also dont Windows Update doesn't work work windows defender IE installations also fail to update And unfortunately i have deleted the recent system restore checkpoints before i knew about this problem Windows Update gives error i have tried the quot solution quot to delete temp update files and all other solutions i could find on the internet Windows defender gives the same error The updates can be downloaded from windows update but cannot be download not even manually in msu package I also lost many shortcut files of MS Office the icon Windows Update doesn't work turned white and they lost their target Some shortcuts of rd party programs are also lost which were supposed to be in c windows installer blabla I have Windows Vista Home Basic with SP SP came with the ssytem when i bought it This is very weird I have no other choice than to reformat drive and use recovery disk Please help

A:Windows Update doesn't work

Originally Posted by Huki

Hey,

The last time an update was installed was in January..since the next time i was offered an update, Windows Update or any of the programs that use windows update fail to update. Also i can't download the updates manually..standalone msu installers also dont work.. windows defender, IE8 installations also fail to update. And unfortunately i have deleted the recent system restore checkpoints before i knew about this problem.
Windows Update gives error 80070002, i have tried the "solution" to delete temp update files, and all other solutions i could find on the internet. Windows defender gives the same error. The updates can be downloaded from windows update, but cannot be download (not even manually in .msu package)
I also lost many shortcut files of MS Office (the icon turned white and they lost their target). Some shortcuts of 3rd party programs are also lost (which were supposed to be in c:\windows\installer\blabla\

I have Windows Vista Home Basic with SP1 (SP1 came with the ssytem when i bought it). This is very weird. I have no other choice than to reformat drive and use recovery disk. Please help.

Hi Huki,

Have a look here;
http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

Also check that your system date and time are correct

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/217718-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am running Windows 7 x64 on my Asus G73JH laptop.

I already performed a clean reinstall in the hopes of fixing this problem but to no avail.

So my issue is when I open Windows Update and click on the check for updates button it does one of two things. It either just flashes to the checking for updates loading screen and then returns to normal, or gives me an error stating that the Windows Update service is not running despite it really being up.

I have tried the Windows Fixits and many other solutions such as deleting certain folders and restarting the service but none have worked so far.

This is also the log file I receive when I attempt an installation of .NET Framework 4 Standalone Installer

OS Version = 6.1.7600, Platform 2
OS Description = Windows 7 - x64 Home Premium Edition
CommandLine = C:\f5870403d8371dd6be3d8c307aab\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64
TimeZone = Central Daylight Time
Initial LCID = 1033
Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
Operation: Installing
Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup
Package Version = 4.0.30319
User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded
Number of applicable items: 11
Exe (C:\f5870403d8371dd6be3d8c307aab\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
Exe (C:\f5870403d8371dd6be3d8c307aab\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu) failed with 0xc8000247 - (null).
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0xC8000247) (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:06).

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289074-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I purchased a Gateway desktop with Win7 installed, but no installation disc. When I try to run Windows Update, it takes me to the site, but the shield is X'd out, and it tells me the service is not running, although in fact it is. I have seen others reporting this same problem, at sites all over the Internet, and have seen about a dozen suggested solutions, none of which works for me (or for a lot of other people). Any advice on this, apart from waiting for Microsoft to fix it (and deliver the fix in some way other than WU)?

Have you tried turning off your firewall for a few minutes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/172960-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I had a virus last week I don t remember the name but it was one that loaded a exe file with different names every time I connected to the internet The files where something like xjhijm exe or something like that The number always changed Well I ran different antivirus until I get it clean It seems to worked out Then every time my computer started the svchost exe in the system went up to usage of CPU for a while I read that if I took the wuauserv from the svchost path and put separate will help to fix this It did but now my Automatic Updates don t work Even if I go to the windows update website I get this error Please change your Internet Explorer security settings To save changes to your doesn't Update Windows HELP! work settings for this website you need to enable userdata persistence for Internet Explorer Complete the steps below and then click Change settings to the left and try saving your changes again In Internet Explorer on the Tools menu click Internet Options Click the Security tab click the Internet security zone icon and then click Custom Level In the Settings dialog box scroll to the Miscellaneous section Under Userdata persistence select Enable Click OK and when the security warning dialog box appears click Yes Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem error number x A yourself I have tried all the steps posted on the microsoft to fix that error number but none of them worked for me I ran hijackthis to see if you guys can help me identify what the problem is and if I still have a virus Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS HELP! Windows Update doesn't work system spoolsv exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com HELP! Windows Update doesn't work vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files HELP! Windows Update doesn't work Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Shared cinetray exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager SkypePM exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-update-doesnt-work.550603/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi have Windows XP 64 bit installed and am trying to update the system. When I goto windows update I receive the following error:

[Error number: 0x8009200D]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

====

There were a few fixes I tried, but none worked.
The first one:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 mssip32.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll

Second one involved disabling cryptsvc, renaming the catroot2 folder an reenabling cryptsvc.

None worked.. anyone have any ideas?

A:Windows Update Doesn't Work

So I was finally able to update once... After a reboot it worked allowing me to actually load the windowsupdate site. I downloaded the 6 or so patches it had available for xp64 pro and then rebooted to install.

When I booted up again afterwards it did not work, giving me the above errors again. Weird! Anyway, eventually it again worked again (It seemed random, I didnt do anything different that I could tell)

But this time, it said there were no updates to download. So my question is now, Is there a Service Pack 2 update for Wnidows XP Pro 64bit? If so it does not show up on the list.. if there isin't... is the 64bit version vulnerable or does it have those upgrades built in elsewhere?

Anyone here familar with the 64bit xp pro?

p.s. Oh yea, it has now stopped letting me onto windowsupdate again. Showing those above errors... anyone have an idea on those either? Heh I'm stumped.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-doesnt-work-60950.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Im running windows vista ultimate x and for the past few months the windows updater hasn't been working I had a virus malware problem for the last few weeks and I think I cleared that up the guy in the HJT forum told me my log was clean The Update Doesn't Work Windows problem is that I currently have important updates - Windows Update Doesn't Work and ive always had updates for the past few months Whenever I try to update them most of them fail sometimes all After this I restart and it takes a while to configure the updates before loading desktop Then the next time I restart the Windows Update Doesn't Work same updates are back in windows update There are also ultimate extras that always fail whenever I try to update Anybody have any idea what the problem is Maybe they are blocked from updating or something I have Windows Update Doesn't Work roomates who might have messed with some of the settings I should also mention that I don't think im receiving new updates either Its been the same updates for a few months I still dont have SP etc I just now tried updating again and I took screenshots The Updates Ultimate updates The updates failed My update history the failed ones go all the way back to April and the ultimate extras have failed ever since february As you can see all the same updates keep failing And im pretty sure I haven't been getting any new updates for a long time either

Cmon guys, somebody please help.

Just give me ideas, any suggestion that might come to mind that could possibly be the problem fell free to post. I am absolutely clueless and I know somebody on this forum knows something helpful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153921/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys,
Well I've had my computer for like the past, 1 year or so.
Just like a few months ago, during August, there was a popup at the taskbar saying that windows can't download the update or something like that.
So, yesterday, I used the Operating System disc that I got when I first got my (gateway) computer, and reset everything. But, it still doesn't work!! I can't even download itunes anymore. I keep pressing the "Try again" button, and it doesn't work. The error code I get is "Code 8007000B".
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!?

A:Windows update doesn't work! :(

Using 'Windows Help & Support' feature

Windows Update error 8007000b

If you receive error 8007000b when you try to install Windows Vista updates, the Windows file system transaction log has become corrupted. The transaction log is used by the Windows file system to recover when a file error occurs. To correct this update error, you need to clear the log. Here's how:

To clear the file system transaction log
Click the Start button . In the Search box, type Command Prompt, and then, in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

In the command prompt window, type fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\. (This assumes that C: is the drive in which Windows Vista is installed. If Windows is installed on another drive, change the drive letter accordingly.)

Restart your computer.

Download and install the update again.

If the problem persists after you have followed the steps above, go to the Windows Update Support Center website to try to find more information about the error code or to request support by e-mail.

Help and Support search term: WindowsUpdate_8007000b

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-doesnt-work.905929/
Relevancy 69.23%

My computer is windows 7 ultimate service pack 1. My windows update doesn't work. I can't search for new updates because it displays the error Code 80072EE6. Therefore i can't update my windows.

Relevancy 69.23%

forget about my post there s an other place it fit s better sorry for mistake i have also just set up a old samsung-notebook with Win -ultimate-x and Windows Update doesn t work Please Please someone can help I still have tried several things But nothing stopped svchost allocating whole cpu till stopping wuausrv KB doesn t help nor net stop bits net stop wuauserv windir system regsvr exe windir system vbscript dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system mshtml Update work. doesn't Windows dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system msjava dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system jscript dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system msxml dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system actxprxy dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system shdocvw dll s windir system regsvr exe wuapi dll s windir system regsvr exe wuaueng dll s windir system regsvr exe wuaueng dll s windir system Windows Update doesn't work. regsvr exe wucltui dll s windir system regsvr exe wups dll s windir system regsvr exe wups dll s windir system regsvr exe wuweb dll s windir system regsvr exe Windows Update doesn't work. Softpub dll s windir system regsvr exe Mssip dll s windir system regsvr exe Initpki dll s windir system regsvr exe softpub dll s windir system regsvr exe wintrust dll s windir system regsvr exe initpki dll s windir system regsvr exe dssenh dll s windir system regsvr exe rsaenh dll s windir system regsvr exe gpkcsp dll s windir system regsvr exe sccbase dll s windir system regsvr exe slbcsp dll s windir system regsvr exe cryptdlg dll s windir system regsvr exe Urlmon dll s windir system regsvr exe Shdocvw dll s windir system regsvr exe Msjava dll s windir system regsvr exe Actxprxy dll s windir system regsvr exe Oleaut dll s windir system regsvr exe Mshtml dll s windir system regsvr exe msxml dll s windir system regsvr exe msxml dll s windir system regsvr exe msxml dll s windir system regsvr exe Browseui dll s windir system regsvr exe shell dll s windir system regsvr exe wuapi dll s windir system regsvr exe wuaueng dll s windir system regsvr exe wuaueng dll s windir system regsvr exe wucltui dll s windir system regsvr exe wups dll s windir system regsvr exe wuweb dll s windir system regsvr exe jscript dll s windir system regsvr exe atl dll s windir system regsvr exe Mssip dll s net start bits net start wuauserv wuauclt resetauthorization detectnow even del content of windir SoftwareDistribution Download after stopping services doesn t help

A:Windows Update doesn't work.

forget about my post ... there?s an other place it fit?s better ... sorry for mistake

Code:
Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
-----------------------------------------
Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-P6YY3-YMY46-84MB4
Windows Product Key Hash: jTV2kipiYLyHbVtWLMP48o3GWwc=
Windows Product ID: 00426-OEM-9154277-24190
Windows Product ID Type: 3
Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.001
ID: {AFE27E9A-51FE-4FED-BDC0-C1A5FB868B97}(1)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Ultimate
Architecture: 0x00000000
Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
TTS Error:
Validation Diagnostic:
Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 109 N/A
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{AFE27E9A-51FE-4FED-BDC0-C1A5FB868B97}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.001</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-84MB4</PKey><PID>00426-OEM-9154277-24190</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1578092904-2457771745-111237317</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>SAMSUNG</Manufacturer><Model>CORONA</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix</Manufacturer><Version>HCNODEM0.86C.0000.X.0000000000</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20041008000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>E3BB0900018400FC</HWID><UserLCID>0407</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0407</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Mitteleurop?ische Zeit(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
Softwarelizenzierungsdienst-Version: 6.1.7601.17514

Name: Windows(R) 7, Ultimate edition
Beschreibung: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_COA_... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379642-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Suddenly, I noticed that Windows update no longer works. I still get automatic updates, but for some reason I can't manually update things. Anyone else seen this? If you note, they're asking to install an Active-X control, but the information bar doesn't popup to allow me to continue.

I set the security back to defaults, but that didn't seem to have an effect.

Relevancy 69.23%

As most should know, windows update or microsoft update uses i.e. (internet explorer) as the default web browser. But for some reason when i go to windows update page the screen turns up blank and says done. Need help.

Hello Are you using windows XP ? Then you might want to try this:http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htmGood luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39680/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

Windows Update doesn't download from MS anymore. When I try to manually update my comp opens a new browser, goes to Micorsoft Windows Update. In the browser it sez:

"Checking for the latest version of the Windows Update software...

Depending on your connection speed, this might take a minute. During this time, you may receive one or more security warnings. Review each security warning to ensure that the content is signed by Microsoft, and then click Install or Yes to install the software."

But nothing happens. On the left side of the window, the Install Updates, View Installation History, & Restore Hidden updates is greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated...

Bill

Hi,
That's normal if you have a dial-up connection (like me), as it does actually take about 30 seconds and then the page refreshes by itself, but 30 sec. is max for that page...
During that time you will not see anything happening (no progress bars, or hourglass) or anything, but if you're running SP2, you may get a Windows Update ActiveX download warning which you should allow...

NOTE: If it gets stuck there,
1. Try deleting your temporary internet files..
2. Setting your Internet Zone security level at Medium..
3. Adding *.microsoft.com to your trusted internet sites list..
4. Accept all cookies from Microsoft.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-doesnt-work.309360/
Relevancy 69.23%

My Windows Update was working fine up until about two weeks ago.  Two weeks ago my Kaspersky ran out and I switched over to Bit Defender.  I am trying to install a new program and get the message that my Net Framework needs to be updated, there is a current Net Framework 4.0 update but it won't download.  I ran the troubleshooter and tried many other things to get Windows update working.  I get the message "Windows cannot search for new updates"  code 80080005.  My most recent check for updates was on 8/20/2013.  Checking my update history I had numerous updates up until 9/10/2013, I was also able to download one two days ago, but there are two more and they will not download.  I might add that the numerous updates until 9/10/2013 were all installed successfully, and it was not until I installed Bit Defender that I cannot use Windows Update. 

No guarantees but you might like to try the following sequence:

Uninstall Bit Defender using their removal tool:
http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall/

Uninstall Kapersky using their removal tool to remove any remnants:
http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

(Windows Defender now active?)

Run the MS Windows 7 Update Fixit Tool:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/

Test Windows Update functionality.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509455/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

when i click windows update i get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." i can open other pages in iexplorer, except windows update pages. i had Thinkpoint, which appears to be gone thanks some advice from this forum. system restore attempts have also been unsuccessful. i'm not sure if the windows update and system restore issues started before the thinkpoint infection. thanks.

Hi -
As a side note , please do not use System Restore until an expert has finished malware cleanup and tells you it is OK -
You may re introduce some of the infection back to your system -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365570/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

I've had this problem for quite a while now and it's starting to drive me crazy My bluetooth devices can't connect to my laptop because it appears as though they can't find it at all The device work doesn't Bluetooth bluetooth speakers was already added and used to work with my laptop and it still works with my phone or other computers without any trouble but my laptop's bluetooth just isn't working I Bluetooth doesn't work can't delete it from my added devices to try and re-add it Worst of all I can't open Bluetooth settings at all Not using Control Panel not using the bluetooth icon not using search just not at all I click it and nothing happens So I've tried to look it up in Services msc to see if it might be disabled but it says it should be running In msconfig it says the Bluetooth service is stopped however Either way I'd love to use my bluetooth devices with my laptop again so if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Go back to Services and right click on the Bluetooth support service and double click on it.

When the Bluetooth support service properties open look to see what the startup type is, then click on Start in the the Service status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537040/bluetooth-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all!

I have bought a HP 6730b notebook (type: HP KU216ET), it has got built-in Bluetooth. I have installed 32bit Windows 7, but the bluetooth doesn't work. I cannot find any driver to make that working good..

HP Compaq 6730b Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center - here is a driver for XP, but when I install, it said that I have to turn on Bluetooth... I don't know what to do...

I don't know what's the type of the built-in Bluetooth, maybe broadcom, I tried this driver: Broadcom.com - Bluetooth Software Download

but there's the same message while install: Turn on Bluetooth...

What can I do? I have a bluetooth mouse, so I need to make bluetooth working good...

Thx a lot!

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Look in "Services" and see if it's enabled.
Type services.msc in the start search box, then click on the gear icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/15617-bluetooth-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Running Belarc Advisor it told me of 4 critical Windows updates, namely KB2653956, 2656368, 2656369 and 2675157.
Going to Windows Update it indicated these plus one more KB890830 (be that as it may).
However it also stated that Automatic Update is On (as always) so how is it that I have never been informed that these updates were ready (as usual) to be downloaded and installed? Is it that Auto Update does not always work? Running Windows Update on another XP Pro computer I use on the same ISP, same router, indicated no updates needed.
Any advice please.

OS XP Home

A:Windows Auto. Update doesn't always work?

Hi -Have you looked in Windows Updates (Review Update History) to check if these items are listed as Failed OX << Red cross in circleFirst try MS Fixit tool to repair the windows updates if there is a problem http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/Please let us know how this M/soft FixIt goes -Thank You -EDIT - a few people have had problems with these 2 KB items - 2656368, 2656369The Fixit item has helped them

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450522/windows-auto-update-doesnt-always-work/
Relevancy 68.8%

all i get is blank screen log work pop to out and any doesn't attaching update ups this windows that windows can t pop ups windows update out and attaching any log to this doesn't work open things if i attach any logs i also get this when trying to update windowsi also get the walmart gift card offer and other pop ups and generic host processes for win shut downs the one intruding the most according to norton is zz jhfda dot com my computer also freezes up if it runs idle too long just tried to add the log to this post and it would not worki get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage its the same screen i get when i try to go to windows updateswalmart gift card pop ups windows updates will not work gmer scans but will not save or copy it freezes up intrusions blocked a lot in norton Almost always the same address trying to get in generic hose process for win has encountered problem Cant send log files from my computer so i am using another computer to send the dds and hijack this logsDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Margo at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS OV EM exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system OBroker exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Documents and Settings Margo MARGO- E E Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Secure Online Account Numbers Helper eaa -d b- f- c- fcb - c program files discover soan DiscoverSOANHelper dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton antivirus engine IPSBHO DLLBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class e fb- dd- f -b ac-b cae f a - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dllBHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllTB EPSON Web-To-Page ee d f- b- - d-c b ... Read more

A:pop ups windows update out and attaching any log to this doesn't work

update. have tried to run combofix...i know i shouldn't have but i broke my arm since my last posting and was really really bored just sitting around. Here is the log.

ComboFix 10-12-26.01 - Margo 12/26/2010 16:11:28.1.1 - x86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.959.268 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Margo.MARGO-53E48E117\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
AV: Norton AntiVirus *Disabled/Updated* {E10A9785-9598-4754-B552-92431C1C35F8}

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\documents and settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat
c:\documents and settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat
c:\documents and settings\Margo.MARGO-53E48E117\Application Data\ACD Systems\ACDSee\ImageDB.ddf
c:\documents and settings\Margo.MARGO-53E48E117\Application Data\inst.exe
c:\windows\Tasks\At1.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At10.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At11.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At12.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At13.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At14.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At15.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At16.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At17.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At18.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At19.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At2.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At20.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At21.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At22.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At23.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At24.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At3.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At4.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At5.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At6.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At7.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At8.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At9.job

----- BITS: Possible infected sites -----

hxxp://buy-download.norton.com
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2010-11-26 to 2010-12-26 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2010-12-17 22:38 . 2010-12-17 22:38 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer
2010-12-13 13:30 . 2010-12-13 13:30 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Eric.MARGO-53E48E117.000\Application Data\Yahoo!
2010-12-01 14:13 . 2010-12-01 14:13 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Administrator\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-11-30 14:27 . 2010-11-30 14:27 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\system32\wbem\Repository
2010-11-30 14:27 . 2010-11-30 14:27 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY\Local Settings\Application Data\Temp
2010-11-30 14:27 . 2010-11-30 14:27 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY\Local Settings\Application Data\Temp
2010-11-28 00:56 . 2010-11-30 14:27 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe
2010-11-27 01:22 . 2010-11-27 01:24 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Margo.MARGO-53E48E117\Local Settings\Application Data\NPE

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2010-11-30 13:50 . 2010-11-24 21:18 4706 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\PerfStringBackup.TMP
2010-11-24 23:38 . 2010-11-24 23:38 60808 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\S32EVNT1.DLL
2010-11-24 23:38 . 2010-11-24 23:38 126512 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS
2010-11-16 16:58 . 2010-10-07 08:17 1324 ----a... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368180/pop-ups-windows-update-out-and-attaching-any-log-to-this-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,
I just joined the forum and this is my first post, so i apologize if it's not the right section.

I just did a major update to the system, even though about every time I update Windows, something stops working. I couldn't resist the urge...
After the update i noticed my alt gr key it's not working anymore, i guess it's been hijacked by some service or background app, but i can't figure out who's the culprit.

I'd appreciate if someone could help me before i do a system restore.

Thanks,
Roland

A:Altgr doesn't work after windows update, help!

There might be something here to help you resolve the problem Alt Gr Key Doesn’t Work on Windows 7 Anymore — A Solution | Don't Panic! – It's just IT.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295096-altgr-doesnt-work-after-windows-update-help.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have this exact issue:

A Bluetooth device stops working, and you receive error code 43 together with event 17 after you resume a computer that is running Windows 7 from sleep

It used to happen sometimes on Win 7 32 bit, I've now changed to Win 7 64 bit and I can replicate it everytime I put the machine in and out of sleep.

The only way to fix is to use a different USB mouse to go into Device Manager and disable/re-enable the bluetooth device.

The reason for my post is that I requested the hotfix, yet upon trying to install it, I get a message telling me that it's not applicable for my PC?

Win 7 64 bit Home Premium, SP1, with all available Windows updates installed.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

A:Bluetooth doesn't work after resuming from S3

Usually power state errors like this can be resolved through driver updates too.
Have you pursued seeking driver updates via the company that provided the device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187340-bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-resuming-s3.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I just instal my laptop with windows 8.1, but the bluetooth devices can not connect with others devices such as smartphone, tabs, etc. whereas in the device manager there are two devices for bluetooh. please help! Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-bluetooth-device-doesn-t-work/td-p/5782028
Relevancy 68.37%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.37%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi
I recently bought a new laptop (ASUS K70IC) that has no Bluetooth (BT). I also bought a Bluetooth mouse with it, Genius 905BT and an USB Bluetooth dongle, I thought that would work. But it doesn't. Other Bluetooth devices show up when I search for them, but the mouse doesn't. I tried that in XP SP3 too (desktop PC) but it doesnt show up there either.
So my questions are:
1. Does anyone have a configuration of a BT USB dongle + BT mouse?
2. Do you think it should work? (BT dongle + BT mouse)

A:Bluetooth mouse doesn't work

Have you put your mouse into the "Discovery Mode"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/51551-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all I need some Bluetooth work Helix doesn't help with my new Helix - CG nbsp I've been using this machine Helix Bluetooth doesn't work for almost a month and bluetooth never even showed up in Windows With all the drivers installed BIOS updated to latest version Bluetooth is not working neither showed up ever in Device Manager nbsp Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS and the Bluetooth service also in Windows Services but no change Disabling and re-enabling it in BIOS with several restarts was also no success nbsp nbsp I tried Broadcom's official driver too but the driver couldn't even detect my bluetooth device nbsp Recently I upgraded to Windows to see if it solves the problem but still no change I installed the official Lenovo Bluetooth driver The installation was quick and succesful but still no bluetooth after all nbsp I think I tried every possible solution but there is still no Bluetooth in Windows Device Manager What could I possibly do now nbsp Thank you in advance Solved Go to Solution

A:Helix Bluetooth doesn't work

I've had the exact same problem with my 3701-33M. Sent in to Lenovo and it turns out the bluetooth device was missing. Pulled out another brand new one I had on hand, same thing, sent in, no bluetooth card physically installed. The build sheets for these device serial numbers show an asterisk next to the bluetooth device saying "or equivalent". Received my replacement unit under warranty and guess what? Also has no bluetooth. Seems like a full manufacturing batch went out without the cards even being installed. Pretty dodgy QC on these Helixes unfortunately.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Helix-Bluetooth-doesn-t-work/td-p/2193130
Relevancy 67.94%

At first it worked fine for all the downloads except for Tinker. But now it is all downloads--- when I try to download anything (Important & Optional) I get the following message:

Failed:
Error Found:
Code 800f0818 Windows Update encountered an unknown error

Additionally, Windows DreamScene doesn't even appear as a possible download....

I spend the last 2 months talking to Vista tech support with no luck...

Oh and this happened on both the first m15x and the replacement m15x that Alienware sent me after the first blew up

A:Vista Ultimate, Windows Update doesn't work....

bump (sorry)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-windows-update-doesnt-work-356207.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I ve scoured the internet for answers but wireless problems are so vast that I can t pinpoint the Update doesn't Solved: work SP1 WiFi after Windows answer to my problem This is what happened Internet and computer working fine as usual Windows Updater offered to update with Service Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 Pack Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 I confirmed After the computer restarted I tried to go about my business NO INTERNET CONNECTION Uninstalled the Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 Service Pack restarted Still no connection Other Symptoms I watch House too much -Opening Dell Wireless WLAN Card utility spurs the following message quot The Wireless Network Adapter could not be accessed This application may have diminished functionality as a result quot - Dell Wireless WLAN card Utility says Radio Disabled -Radio Configuration Dell Quickset WiFi Catcher says Switch Status Enabled So somehow this service pack did something that disabled messed up my wireless -- and now I don t know what to do I am running Windows Home Vista Premium and am using an B G N Draft wireless chip from Broadcom Dell Help would be awesome please nbsp

A:Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1

Are you sure Service Pack one didn't restart you WLAN Autooonfig on your PC?

http://www.home-network-help.com/wlan-autoconfig.html

Maybe you want to make sure thats all turned off since your just using the dell supplied software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-doesnt-work-after-windows-update-sp1.796404/
Relevancy 67.94%

This is my wife's computer and when asked to help it run faster I cleaned up the programs and tried to update windows but can't Internet Explorer doesn't work either it just loads the error screen Firefox does work I don't have any idea what to do next Thanks slow ie work etc. computer doesn't update / / Can't windows / If it helps I am more tech oriented than an average user I have also worked with bleepingcomputer before and the previous rep made a great impression with how helpful he was DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Erin DeBenedetto at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - FW Norton Internet Can't update windows / ie doesn't work / slow computer / etc. Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Can't update windows / ie doesn't work / slow computer / etc. Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF Can't update windows / ie doesn't work / slow computer / etc. B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI HA EXE C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Erin DeBenedetto Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion Webcam tsnp std exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FAMT HA EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FARN HA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Erin DeBenedetto Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll TB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun EPSON Stylus Photo RX Series c windows system spool drivers w x E FATI HA EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo RX Series quot M quot Stylus Photo RX quot EF quot HKCU quot uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings erin debenedetto local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun SunJavaUpdateSched c program... Read more

A:Can't update windows / ie doesn't work / slow computer / etc.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.

First Location
Second Location
Third Location

Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266357/cant-update-windows-ie-doesnt-work-slow-computer-etc/
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm Domain Environment Update Work Doesn't Windows in trying to set up a new PC around the Windows Update Doesn't Work in Domain Environment office but as soon as I establish a connection to the domain Windows Update keeps giving me ERROR F This may sound wacky but I've narrowed the problem down to the clock as in time After checking the Event Viewer logs I found this Windows Update Doesn't Work in Domain Environment Code Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-CAPI Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer LABPC com Description Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at lt http www download windowsupdate co uthrootstl cab gt with error A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-CAPI quot Guid quot bbca a -b - dc-a c -b d e fb quot EventSourceName quot Microsoft-Windows-CAPI quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt LABPC com lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt http www download windowsupdate com msdownload update v static trustedr en authrootstl cab lt Data gt lt Data gt A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt As soon as I take the computer off the domain Windows Update works properly and I don't see that error message If I put it back on the domain and I lose the ability to update and my error log is riddled with the error seen above I've tried everything suggested here to no avail The reason this is an important matter is because we are running Microsoft Security Essentials as our antivirus and it gets its virus definitions through Windows Update Without Windows Update we have no functioning antivirus Thanks for any help I appreciate it EDIT I've never had this problem before It's only with this new batch of PCs we bought about a week ago

A:Windows Update Doesn't Work in Domain Environment

Welcome eaturbrainz { like the user name BTW.}

Links below that should address your problem.
Note they are in a random order.

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates

Updating Windows Update Agent (Windows)

System Update Readiness Tool - CheckSur.log File Analyzis

Windows Update error 80244016, 8024402f, or c80003fa

Troubleshooting

How to troubleshoot problems connecting to Windows Update or to Microsoft Update

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/182783-windows-update-doesnt-work-domain-environment.html
Relevancy 67.94%

New Acer Aspire, but I pitched the box, so can't return it. Anyway, It initially worked fine for about a week, including Windows Update. Got to a point where every window would say (Not Responding) and resources were maxed out. I couldn't isolate the problem and didn't have any valuable info on the laptop yet. So I did a complete System Restore back to OEM spec.
I tether to my cellphone for internet. So I installed drivers and Access Manager for that. I go into Windows Update and click to check for updates. It runs for about 20 seconds then disconnects from the internet and pops up an error code. I've gone through all the steps that can be run down there.
SP1 is not installed yet.
I'm at a loss here and need help, I'm not tech/nerd savvy, but I'm not computer shy either.

A:Windows Update doesn't work after OEM System Restore

Try downloading SP1 from here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-u...ful-links.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/167502-windows-update-doesnt-work-after-oem-system-restore.html
Relevancy 67.94%

First I feel like I'm so close after many hours of struggling to getting my system back but just one more major problem doesn't restore. Update C: partition after work Windows Windows Update doesn't work I need some expert advice Second sorry for the long upcoming explanation but I think it is necessary to get meanful advice Please be generous and read my story if you possibly can help How it started I have a Dell XPS Studio MT with a two HDD RAID system It has three partitions C System D Recovery Unnnamed It shipped with Vista Home and I upgrade to Win Home HDD was causing errors the RAID was dying I was getting many BSODs I bought Acronis True Image Home I was NOT able to clone the entire disk as an image because of the BSODs I was able to backup sector by sector the C and D partitions I did not backup the unnamed partition I was also able to have Win backup save off the C partition I then replaced to the two hard drives WD GB with two new hard drives Seagate Momentus XT GB and reestablished the RAID with these new drives First I used the Win recovery CD and its backup to restore the C partition The restore was successful but it wouldn't boot There was no MBR Windows didn't ask about nor put a MBR back on the system Next I used Acronis recovery CD and its backup to restore the C partition It did ask about a MBR which I said to do The restore was successful and when complete it booted up to the Win login Yeah I logged in and checked things out Everything seemed fine my stuff was back Until I tried Windows Update If failed saying that the service isn't running I checked the server was running so its a false error report I found Fix It for Windows Update and it did stuff but no good Windows Update still fails I then got a clue that it won't run unless Windows thinks the software is genuine So I ran the MS validation site It reported that I was missing files and to fix that I needed to install Windows from a genuine DVD Which I have I ran the installer in custom mode it wouldn't install in express mode as the DVD was older version The installation almost completed and I get a dialog box saying the Win was not compatible with my hardware Get out I don't know what to Windows Update doesn't work after C: partition restore. try next Of course I have compatable hardware it was running on the old drives and running on the new drives with a broken Windows Update HERE WHERE I NEED YOUR Windows Update doesn't work after C: partition restore. ADVICE and thank you for reading this far I feel that I'm so close to being fully back up and I don't want to give in and start from scratch by install Windows on a wiped disk and then loading all the programs and data file one by one back onto the system Do you have any clues tips hints knowledge at what it might take to Fix Windows Update in my case Get Win installer to ireinstall on my computer and not report the hardware incompatiblity that is help Windows Update doesn't work after C: partition restore. me restore what apparently is missing that makes Win think the hardware is bogus THANKS

A:Windows Update doesn't work after C: partition restore.

1. Open Services.msc and stop the Windows Update service.
2. Open C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and delete its contents (this will remove the cache and any history).
3. Reopen Services.msc and start the Windows Update service (the above folder structure will be recreated).
4. Now use Windows Update as normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/235909-windows-update-doesnt-work-after-c-partition-restore.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I was an idiot and accidentally clicked on an email link and windows hibernate access anymore can't doesn't update work of an email I was trying to delete knew it was a quot bad quot email It then tried to open my Adobe Acrobat and I shut off the wireless connection after about seconds but it was too late and I can no longer access Windows Update page it just tells me IE cannot display this webpage I also noticed that I can no longer hibernate my computer anymore Windows Defender told me that something was trying to install and I denied permission to it I ran Malwarebytes with the latest updates and it found a few things which it deleted but still can can't access windows update and hibernate doesn't work anymore t access Windows Update I also tried the http safety live com onecare from microsoft and did the full system scan with that and it found issues but only fixed It didn t actually tell me what those other issues were so I couldn t manually do anything about them Every once in a while my expired in Dec Norton Anti-Virus will tell me I have a trojan and denies access to file quot overlay xul quot I have also tried several other scanners to little or no effect trendmicro s online scanner and hitmanpro I have hijack this installed but have not ran it as of yet as I wouldn t be able to make heads or tails of the report anyway I m hoping someone here would be able to help me Thanks in advance

A:can't access windows update and hibernate doesn't work anymore

Hi ALT_EST,Let's first start with clearing out some temp files using TFC by Old Timer which you can find here along with instructions on how to use it. Just make sure you close and save any work before you run it as it probably will require a reboot.Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.Do not run a scan just yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.Once you have finished with the above steps, please post the MBAM and SAS logs for us to take a look at please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312614/cant-access-windows-update-and-hibernate-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all, I recently built a new computer on the Z170 / Skylake platform from a Z77 / Ivy Bridge based computer.

I noticed USB 3.0 seems to be an issue with Windows 7, which I'm having problems with. But I also encountered problems with Windows Update, which just seems to hang when checking for updates. I assume this is Microsofts way of forcing you to install Windows 10...

Is there a way to get Windows Update working again?

A:Upgraded To Z170 Mobo, Now Windows Update Doesn't Work?

There are no issues with usb 3.0, just use usb 2.0 ports for the keyboard and mouse and install with a dvd, no issues at all.

There are millions of threads here about windows update, we can`t keep answering every single question about them

Just get windows update going and walk away, don`t let your PC go to sleep and in a week or 2 the updates will show up

But seriously, just let it run overnight and all will be fine in the morning.

Microsoft has fired all the Windows 7 update personal and are down to 1 windows 7 update server and it`s running Windows ME

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394629-upgraded-z170-mobo-now-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm trying to add a Canon imageCLASS MF7470 printer to my laptop. When I plug it into the USB, Windows 7 detects it, but as unspecified. It says no driver is installed. When I do a Windows update it comes up with other imageCLASS models but not the one I have. I've tried going thru these threads to locate my options but nothing works. When I go to add printer, properties is as far as I can go cause the only tabs I get there are general and hardware. This is a work printer for a jobsite, so of course the disk has been lost at some point, but I need this running ASAP.

A:Add a Canon printer with no driver and Windows update doesn't work

Here is the driver page for Canon, just specify your OS, download drivers, install and go at it could be that MS just doesn't provide them. However Canon does for both 32 and 64 bit.

Canon imageCLASS MF7470

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/94910-add-canon-printer-no-driver-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all, I recently built a new computer on the Z170 / Skylake platform from a Z77 / Ivy Bridge based computer.

I noticed USB 3.0 seems to be an issue with Windows 7, which I'm having problems with. But I also encountered problems with Windows Update, which just seems to hang when checking for updates. I assume this is Microsofts way of forcing you to install Windows 10...

Is there a way to get Windows Update working again?

A:Upgraded To Z170 Mobo, Now Windows Update Doesn't Work?

There are no issues with usb 3.0, just use usb 2.0 ports for the keyboard and mouse and install with a dvd, no issues at all.

There are millions of threads here about windows update, we can`t keep answering every single question about them

Just get windows update going and walk away, don`t let your PC go to sleep and in a week or 2 the updates will show up

But seriously, just let it run overnight and all will be fine in the morning.

Microsoft has fired all the Windows 7 update personal and are down to 1 windows 7 update server and it`s running Windows ME

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394629-upgraded-z170-mobo-now-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Dell vostro 1220. I recently upgraded from XP 32 to 7 64. Everything is working fine except the bluetooth adapter. The drivers are installed, it appears in the device manager but not in Control Panel > Network and Internet. I've tried different bluetooth stack software but the problem seams to be with the hardware. It just won't switch on.

I did some hardware upgrades as well more ram and HDD to SSD, all working fine. OS install went well, back up was fine. I'm out of ideas other than I broke it when opening up the laptop. I hope this isn't the case.

Suggestions?

A:Bluetooth adapter issue - it exists but it doesn't work

Quote: Originally Posted by nyler

I have a Dell vostro 1220. I recently upgraded from XP 32 to 7 64. Everything is working fine except the bluetooth adapter. The drivers are installed, it appears in the device manager but not in Control Panel > Network and Internet. I've tried different bluetooth stack software but the problem seams to be with the hardware. It just won't switch on.

I did some hardware upgrades as well more ram and HDD to SSD, all working fine. OS install went well, back up was fine. I'm out of ideas other than I broke it when opening up the laptop. I hope this isn't the case.

Suggestions?

Hi nyler,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let me know which wireless/bluetooth network card you have on the system. You need to update the application and driver for the system.

Let us know the model so we can provide you the exact link to get it updated. Check this video which would be helpful in updating all the drivers:

Updating Dell Drivers

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308665-bluetooth-adapter-issue-exists-but-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi!I tried to reinstall the drivers for wireless, but it seems that the device manager recognizes that the notebook has bluetooth (Ralink_RT3290), however, it does not function. Can you please help?Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-g6-2303-sh-bluetooth-detected-but-doesn-t-work-on/td-p/5833858
Relevancy 66.65%

Pasting in contextual information from another post OBconflicker Bi nf worm keeps reappearing windows defender monitor stops working slow computer windows search protocol windows pop up Malware virusPop up windows keep appearing quot Windows search protocol host stopped working stopped, protocol search work, doesn't firefox work microsoft host windows slow, itunes doesn't and was closed quot Itunes occassionally doesn t work Media Sync doesn t work Hard Drive keeps working microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work in the microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work background Windows Defender no longer monitors the running programs End of added information microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work OBLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp nkapg r exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp smss exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system WerFault exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp system exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low services exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low smss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low notepad exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low login exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BGScan exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml pt amp n ce dR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhost Inserted By STOPzilla O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progr... Read more

A:microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289777/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-slow-firefox-doesnt-work-itunes-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have windows 7 on an acer aspire 5517. After the latest windows update KB2539636, the computer will not work except in safe mode. When in regular mode it freezes while trying to load the main page. We tried system restore multiple times and system restore failed. We tried multiple dates on system restore. I've tried to delete this update through remove programs, but it won't uninstall it in safe mode. Please help.

A:Computer freezes after new windows update, system restore doesn't work

Hello laceydahl & welcome,

Re Windows Update KB2539636 & associated problems....

Quote:

How to obtain help and support for this security update

For home users, no-charge support is availableby calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft International Support website:
Please Verify your Location

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited no-charge email support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting the following Microsoft website:
Help and Support

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through your usual support contacts.

MS11-069: Description of the security update for the .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1: Aug

Links for you to peruse.

Update KB2539636 will not install - Microsoft Answers

Update KB2539636 will not install - Microsoft Answers

Windows Update errors ? A troubleshooting guide - 4sysops

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184953-computer-freezes-after-new-windows-update-system-restore-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys the answer to the question is probably yes but i want to be sure doesn't Infection? protection work/Antivirus stopped. update Windows realtime I'm running windows bit sp and this is what happened there will be some missing information but Windows update doesn't work/Antivirus realtime protection stopped. Infection? pc stopped working in middle of night and I was a little in panic so I may have forgot something Note My OS is in Italian so the system messagges are not exactly the same of an english version because I'm traslating them The short version is Realtime protection of antivirus doesn't works tried both with avast and then avira reinstalling cleaning doesn't works windows update doesn't work and microsoft fixit can't fix it D I don't know if there is a problem with admin rights or something like this the first error i got was from dropbox that couldn't obtain admin rights or it is a malware The long watch out is a wall of text version with everything i tried until now is here Step programs stopped working just after I installed mass effect from origin but this could be unrelated I wasn't using pc because i was waiting for ME to finish the download I remember that i couldn't launch firefox anymore pc started to go very slow task manager didn't start and windows updates message popped up and another strange thing i couldn't use the keybord combination using alt gr on the italian keyboard the must be done with the alt gr So i rebooted the system Note I have windows update set to manual I have to chose what do download so when the message popped up it wasn't downloading nor installing At this point I had avast and zoneallarm updated and working Step after reboot things started to going crazy First error was from dropbox it said something like cannot obtain admin right and then closed Then Avast runtime protections were all shutted down and I couldn't restart them no error if i tried they just stayed off Third strange thing was the splash screen of zoneallarm that popped up usually there is only the tray icon at startup Step First attempt to find if there was any malware Started Avast scan but the scan stucked at the first file scanned svchost exe and no matter what it will be stucked forever even after reboot Uploaded svchost to virustotal and it seems clean Then i updated and launched Malwarebytes it didn't found nothing except a file that couldn't scan The file was C Windows System drivers sptd sys but i can't upload it to virustotal nor copy it because file is open in System Step I remembered that there were windows updates so I tried to start them but to no avail The first attempt was working fine downloaded about mb of updateds but then it couldn't install them Others attempt all resulted in fail with a generic windows update error Tried to use windows fixit it says something like windows update services needs to be restored But it doesn't do nothing just try to find a solution for an insanely ammount of time more than an hour I guess it is stuck Step tried to repair avast installation with no avail so unistalled it completely with some clear unistall tools found online Avast clean up tool and installed avira Avira realtime protection was on finally the quick scan found nothing but when i rebooted the system avira realtime protection was off and as with Avast i can't put it on again Even if i should have unistalled avast completely there is still the avast antivirus service even if it is not running Step Download some others antimalware programs in panic surely roguekiller and another rootkit removal programd that found suspicious the zone allarm executables Unistalled and cleared them no difference Step Hiren Boot Cd from an usb drive Launched miniwxp and with it malwarebytes found something surely a trojan in an exe unde system but I can't remember the name anymore and i don't have any log However cleaned it rebooted in safe boot I don't know the name in english msconfig- gt boot- gt the boot with esse... Read more

A:Windows update doesn't work/Antivirus realtime protection stopped. Infection?

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets. Do NOT use spoilers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524486/windows-update-doesnt-workantivirus-realtime-protection-stopped-infection/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,after last big update of Windows 10 : - bluetooth is diseappeared, it isnt' working anymore and moreover the light of audio and wifi on the keyboard is always on. I tried to reinstall BT drive with no success. Matteo

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-audio-led-and-wifi-led-don-t-work-after-update/td-p/5797166
Relevancy 61.06%

I installed Windows 8 enterprise eval x64 as a windows to go setup.  Everything works fine except when I goto the store to download an app I get the "your purchase could not be completed" error.  When I try to check for updates it fails with
code 80070057, when I try to use the trouble shooting program i get the same error as the updates.  I'm running as an admin with my Microsoft account, I have tried a local account.  I have been searching all day.Like electronic music? www.thespanningtree.net

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5ca56460-b1cc-40ce-8f97-4509ad96a083/windows-to-go-system-wont-update-wont-install-apps-and-troubleshooting-doesnt-work?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Windows XP SP3 PC from a user who was infected with malware, I used Malware Bytes to remove the offending software, and now I am unable to open the Windows Update page. I can browse to other pages but after a few minutes, I get redirected to another random page. I also keep seeing the Just In Time debugger. Tried a Registry edit I found recommended elsewhere, to fix that issue, but that didn't last. At this point, neither SAS nor MBAM see any malware present, but I am stuck with my problem. Existing antimalware package is MS Forefront. All utilities I have used have been updated to the most recent definitions.

A:Malware Bytes cleaned malware, now Windows Update doesn't work, webpages randomly redirected

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322525/malware-bytes-cleaned-malware-now-windows-update-doesnt-work-webpages-randomly-redirected/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I tried to update one of my computers to Service Pack 2 and it said it failed, so it tried to revert the changes back, but it took too long and I canceled the reverse the changes. And when I restarted the computer, it just doesn't load, you see the Windows XP bootup screen, but after 5 minutes of the boot screen the computer just restarts and continually does it. I would like to know how I can fix it. Thanks.

A:Tried to SP2 Update but computer doesn't work

Hi, I tried to update one of my computers to Service Pack 2 and it said it failed, so it tried to revert the changes back, but it took too long and I canceled the reverse the changes. And when I restarted the computer, it just doesn't load, you see the Windows XP bootup screen, but after 5 minutes of the boot screen the computer just restarts and continually does it. I would like to know how I can fix it. Thanks. It looks like you may have to reinstall the whole OS if the repair feature on the XP Install disk don't work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28525/tried-to-sp2-update-but-computer-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am running a P4 with 1MB of RAM with Windows XP. I just updated to SP2 two days ago and now my Norton Live Update will not run. I think it is blocking Norton from connecting to its host because it will not establish a connection. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?

A:Live Update doesn't work with SP2

i believe nortons has a patch at site for that, not on liveupdate...i'll check for you'

edit---couldn't see patch-but a possible patch for sp2... i saw somewhere is gotten via..... liveupdate ---of course.

Maybe a reinstall of norton's[not full] may be required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/live-update-doesnt-work-with-sp2.269648/
Relevancy 59.77%

After the last Sandboxie update both FF and IE weren't working correctly. I went back to the older version of Sandboxie and FF is working fine; however, IE just doesn't load at all. There is very little I do with IE, but occasionally use it.

Anyway to fix this problem?

A:IE doesn't work right since last Sandboxie update

Hello,

First thing is to just clear out the tmep files

Open IE => Tools => Safety => Delete Browsing History

then do this:

Open up Notepad => Click on Format => Make sure Word wrap does Not have a tick next too. If it does just click it to turn of Word Wrap. Close notepad.
Click Here to download ToolbarCop. Save it to your desktop.
Go to your desktop and extract toolbarcop.zip.
Go to the extracted files
Double click on Toolbarcop.exe
Click on the notepad symbol:
A notepad file should pop up, please copy and paste Everything from the notepad file and paste it back into this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-doesnt-work-right-since-last-sandboxie-update-682319.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone,

I am using a Wacom Cintiq Companion and just upgraded to Windows 8.1. After the upgrade my right-click stopped working and when I try to right-click it freezes my left click so I have to restart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jack

A:After update to 8.1 right-click doesn't work

Hey mate, welcome to the forums.

First, you'll need to update all drivers to the newest 8.1 drivers. Fill in your system specs so I can direct you proper

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34957-after-update-8-1-right-click-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Have an Access 2000 form that includes a subform for a child table. I want to update a checkbox which IS on the subform after the user enters a value in the field [Result]. Wrote a SetValue macro as follows and call it AfterUpdate:

Item: [Forms]![TestDetailSubform]![InitialDrugTest]

Expression: IIf([Forms]![TestDetailSubform]![InitiaDruglTest]=No,IIf([Forms]![TestDetailSubform]![TestType]="I" And [Forms]![TestDetailSubform]![Result]="P",Yes,No))

I've tried several iterations, but every time it runs, I get the message "Microsoft Access can't find the form 'TestDetailSubform' referred to in a macro expression or VB code". This is difficult to understand, since the field that has the macro is IN the TestDetailSubform!?! Why am I getting this message/how can I make the macro do what it's supposed to do?

A:Update macro doesn't work

Never mind! I found the answer. You'd think after using Access for 5 years that I'd remember that in a SetValue macro, you DO NOT/CANNOT include [Forms]![Formname] in the expression; you must only include the control name. So all of the "[Forms]![TestDetailSubform]" text in the expression has to be removed... after which it works fine.

Sorry for cluttering the forum with junk...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-macro-doesnt-work.236388/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, Can anyone help me? After Windows update my webcam resigned to work. I also downloaded the latest camera driver and nothing has changed. It is curious that for example on Skype video messages work, but video conversations don't work. Does anybody know how to solve this problem please? Thanks a lot for any response  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Webcam-doesn-t-work-after-Win-10-update/td-p/5817136
Relevancy 59.77%

When I try to use the Update Connector it just puts the Logo screen on the desktop and does nothing else. When I look at Task Manager is does not show the applicaton. When I try to uninstall I get an error and have to reboot to get rid of the IBM Connector logo scree. Then I can uninstall. I am running Windows XP SP2. Anyone have any clues on this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-update-connector-doesnt-work.323707/
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows went wrong Again First I lost all my favorites then my Computer experienced exceptions what ever they are followed by random Crashes So I did a clean install using my ISO disc and tried to Install Page Plus X which was working fine before but it won't work now even though I installed the latest patch I get told its an incompatible Programme even Plus new after update work doesn't X4 Page though it worked OK Page Plus X4 doesn't work after new update before I did a clean install with a note that says that Microsoft are looking for a Solution you could have fooled me also I did Page Plus X4 doesn't work after new update the bit about using the Settings that worked on a Previous Programme but that didn't fix it either Also uninstalled and re installed the Programme but that didn't help either as did installing net framework Also when I get new emails I am no longer getting advised of any new emails so I have to keep checking my email box myself I looks like I may have to do yet another Clean Install I've tried turning off the Automatic Updates but that doesn't seem to work maybe I'm doing it wrong so how do I do that please Many Thanks For Your Help

A:Page Plus X4 doesn't work after new update

Hi
1. Page Plus X4 crashes for me as well. Did you get the giveaway version recently? Win 7 compatibility doesn't work. The error isn't BEX so adding it as a DEP exception is unlikely to help. Win 10 compatibility isn't claimed, so uninstall alas.
2. No idea how you get advised of new emails, so can't advise. (I use POP peeper, freeware, which periodically scans my accounts and waves a little flag if sthg new and allows me to process mail quickly).
3. Favourites- in which browser?
4. You can't turn off Windows updates in Win 10 Home, you can opt for a scheduled restart in Pro or deferred, or you can kill Windows updates altogether manually. See:
Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36309-page-plus-x4-doesnt-work-after-new-update.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have another forum here and I have been told to post here because I can't update windows and system restore doesn't work. I have tired everything stated on the other forum please help. :D Thanks.

A:Automatic Update Doesn't Work.

I looked at the other thread. Assuming you now have a clean system, you should be able to do Windows updates. You didn't tell where it stops.
When you get there, does it begin scanning your computer or do you get an error? If error, they now have automatic answers - if you just follow their links to fix, they'll tell you to add 3 Microsoft urls in your Internet Explorer. Also do permit some ActiveX components to load and run. They're needed for updates.
Then after you do all that, click on ZoneAlarm client and on the Main tab just turn off privacy completely, just for this one job. After you're able to download the updates, turn privacy back on. I found that it was not enough in v6.1 to change Microsoft site settings. It has to be done on the Main tab. I repeat, TEMPORARY switch only.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74704/automatic-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 59.77%

Can anyone give me some ideas on what to do Here s my situation I was playing Counter Strkie a half life mod and was about to shut down my comp when i decided to get the windows critical update patch to see if that would help my comp from freezing on the quot Windows is shuttung down quot screen by the way it didn t work update doesn't critical i did after CS help but i got another fix for it After i got the up date i shut down CS doesn't work after i did critical update After i while i came back to my computer to play CS again but it would freeze every time i tried to enter a game I think this must be because of some kind of conflict with the update patch and half life no HL games will work I tried uninstalling HL I used RegClean to take all of the HL reg entries out That didn t work I tried it more times but to no avail I just tried Doing a reg restore from about days ago That didn t work I plum out of ideas and i m going to reformat my hard drive if i can t find a way to fix this Someone must have an idea Can anyone please help me nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,
We have got problems with many computers that have Windows 8.1.
The problem is that mouses on many computers stopped to work and mouse pointers has dissapeared from the displays.
We use HP computers and HP mouses. I suspect that problem arose with this update:
BizLink Technology, Inc. - Other hardware - HP USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter
(Computers get also a couple of updates of Microsoft Defender)
These updates aren't listed between 'Installed updates' under 'Programms and Features' but exist in 'Update history' under 'Windows Update'
Is it possible to delete or rollback this update?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a4c5b2c-7d88-4c78-9220-c66118cd24f8/mouses-doesnt-work-after-update?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 58.91%

I have dell Inspiron 5559, I updated my bios to the current version but apparently my quickset isn't working. I tried to uninstall but it says "Your computer's Bios is outdated. Update your bios firmware to current version." I cant update the quickset too! What should I do?!?
Thanks in avd. ...

A:Quickset doesn't work for BIOS update.

Hi,
We?re listening. We?ll surely check and assist you. We don?t like customer?s upset and inconvenienced We request you to share the service tag/express service tag, the name on the account and your email address through a private message, so that we can for specific drivers and update the same to you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ?Send private message?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993105
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there would be grateful for any help on a problem that has me completely stumped I have an AJP laptop that was running Windows ME I've recently upgraded to XP Pro The upgrade didn't go entirely smoothly until I updated the BIOS now R if that helps Hey BIOS work doesn't update, Monitor is since it XP? or presto XP Pro installs and runs like a dream Except that since the BIOS update the laptop monitor is not working properly when I power up I have a blank screen with flashing horizontal or vertical lines sometimes both together I've hooked up an external monitor which is fine and the laptop monitor 'flashing style' changes according to what I am doing suggesting that it is receiving information and trying to do something with it Device manager says everything is working properly I've updated the graphics card driver S Twister K And then I deleted all the programs I didn't need or could easily download again one day in case there were Monitor doesn't work since BIOS update, or is it XP? any conflicts Oh and ran a full virus check for good measure I've scoured the internet spoken to AJP support and tweaked everything I can think of I'm assuming that it probably isn't a graphics card problem since it all appears perfectly on the external monitor Should I be tweaking something in the BIOS or a system folder Any suggestions

A:Monitor doesn't work since BIOS update, or is it XP?

Double check that you got the correct bios update for your exact unit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-doesnt-work-since-bios-update-or-is-it-xp-27486.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Running on HP Envy x360 with AMD FX-9800P Radeon R7. After a lengthy session with Dinesh in HP tech support modifying registry and updating BIOS, was instructed to do a factory reset. Issue seemed resolved until updates were installed. Currently, tablet mode sometimes works and autorotation doesn't work at all, rendering tent mode useless when tablet mode does decide to work. Not sure if it's related or purely coincidental, but I did notice that tablet mode started working after doing a hard reset. No such luck for autorotate. Tried going to display settings under control panel and the option to autorotate screen automatically isn't available. To my knowledge all drivers are up-to-date. Thinking maybe this is a Continuum issue? Any suggestions are welcome.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/After-Anniversary-Update-autorotation-doesn-t-work-at-all/td-p/5766236
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm using a E6230 running BIOS A01. I want to update to the latest version, A16. The update process runs without error and reboots the laptop. However the BIOS version is still A01. I've tried updating from A01 to A02 as well: same result. I tried to update running both Windows and a USB drive with DOS. What do I need to do to install A16? Thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996990
Relevancy 58.91%

I've been fighting with Microsoft update web site for about a week and a half now. All of the sudden when I go there to get updates, all I get is the option to click on Express or Custom. Then when it gets to the page where ya see the green balls moving across the page while its scanning my system to see if I need any updates, it just stays there and if I stay at that page too long, my PC locks up.

I'm running XP Pro with 500MHz and 256 in ram. I've tried to contact Microsoft tech guys that I can barley understand and they have no idea what's going on. It doesn't make any difference if its a fresh install of XP Pro with nothing else installed except for my wireless card so I can connect to the net, or the current system I'm running now.

I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem. I really don't expect any answers here because the guys who I could barley understand from Microsoft and have spent about 3.5 hrs with, had me renaming files and shutting this and shutting that off and on and nothing has worked.

They have told me that I'm the only person who has called with this kind of problem which I think is a bold face lie!

I welcome any comments or suggestions. Excuse me if I don't answer to this post right away because I'm trying every trick I know to try and get the updates my PC needs.

Prospect.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
i bought SATELLITE P50-A-144 toshiba laptop a couple of months ago with windows 8, that became 8.1 with w. update.
Since that moment, fn+z key doesn't work, it only says keyboard light deactivates whenver i press it.

How could i fix it? it makes my ocd tingle.

Thanks all for replies :D

A:Satellite P50-A-144 - FN+z key doesn't work after Win8.1 update

Strange. Something like this should not happen. I have updated my machine but everything works properly.

I don't know if this will help but try to reinstall Toshiba system driver and Toshiba function key utility.

You should find it on Toshiba download page - http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp
Check it out.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77252-Satellite-P50-A-144-FN-z-key-doesn-t-work-after-Win8-1-update
Relevancy 58.91%

Running on HP Envy x360 with AMD FX-9800P Radeon R7. After a lengthy session with Dinesh in HP tech support modifying registry and updating BIOS, was instructed to do a factory reset. Issue seemed resolved until updates were installed. Currently, tablet mode sometimes works and autorotation doesn't work at all, rendering tent mode useless when tablet mode does decide to work. Not sure if it's related or purely coincidental, but I did notice that tablet mode started working after doing a hard reset. No such luck for autorotate. Tried going to display settings under control panel and the option to autorotate screen automatically isn't available. To my knowledge all drivers are up-to-date. Thinking maybe this is a Continuum issue? Any suggestions are welcome.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/After-Anniversary-Update-autorotation-doesn-t-work-at-all/td-p/5766236
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello to all the Forum helpers here I have a problem Win IE11 now tried doesn't IE8 and Had Update work. Install to with Windows Update trying to install IE When I built the comp I had IE installed Apparently Windows Update has tried to install IE I don't usually use IE Had IE8 now Win Update tried to Install IE11 and doesn't work. for browsing since it is usually slower and a clunker so I didn't give much thought when it quot Updated quot and didn't know it was trying to update IE from to As I have been searching this issue apparently I didn't uncheck the quot Automatically Update to newer version of Internet Explorer quot in help about Apparently it was coming through updates as quot Important Updates quot to automatically download amp install I would like to have IE working again as some websites do not work properly without it Have had serious issues with IE in the distant past when running se I'm new to this forum and haven't used mspaint in years to try and post screenshots Please be patient with my responses Thank you

A:Had IE8 now Win Update tried to Install IE11 and doesn't work.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Change your windows update settings,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2797-windows-update-settings-change.html
Uninstall ie11,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/313358-internet-explorer-11-uninstall-windows-7-a.html
Hide the ie11 update,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html
I would suggest upgrading to at least ie10 but at the very least ie9,
ie9 download select your windows version and language,
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-9/worldwide-languages
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-languages
With most issues your best option is to reset,
Reset process first opening Internet explorer

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/325018-had-ie8-now-win-update-tried-install-ie11-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Updated to Windows from Windows two weeks ago Had problems with Firefox Tried to download to replace existing Firefox CNET site appeared to be correct but something seemed wrong so I killed the download But - The windows start menu doesn't come up when I click on the icon but if I right-click a text menu does appear and lets me for example shut down - If I click on the Windows End icon in the task bar the screen flashes but End does not come up Ditto for the Windows Store icon - Somewhere SpyBot S amp D was erased etc windows - problems 10 doesn't appear, menu windows doesn't start key work, but I was able to download it - If I double-click on a photo in Windows Explorer I get a popup that lists the name of the jpeg and says Invalid Entry to Registry If I right click on the photo and go to any of the options the photo is opened except if I choose Photo - Firefox cannot properly display the Yahoo mail page though Pale Moon windows 10 problems - start menu doesn't appear, windows key doesn't work, etc and Opera can - I have Avast Anti-Virus and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and when I run their scans they find no issues SO there are a few issues that I need help with

A:windows 10 problems - start menu doesn't appear, windows key doesn't work, etc

Hello,
Well the first thing you should try is to Run System Restore to before all of these problems started or to when you first installed Windows 10.
Then try to download Firefox from there website
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Third thing is I would recommend to get rid of Avast it is low end and could be allowing virus I recommend ether McAfee or Norton Security.

Those are some things to think about
but it is all up to you when making your final decision

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588007/windows-10-problems-start-menu-doesnt-appear-windows-key-doesnt-work-etc/
Relevancy 58.48%

Well my computer is mostly running fine there's only this problem avant browser work doesn't ie, Can't update antivirus, of me not being able to update any antivirus antimalware that I want to including super anti-malware malwarebytes I can't update kaspersky internet security cuz its not activated - try to activate the trial or use a commercial license code to activate it gives the error quot unable to connect to server quot but when I use a Can't update antivirus, ie, avant browser doesn't work key it gets activated And I have been recently infected with a virus rootkit so maybe its not fully removed Anyways here's the hijacthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Zain e-GO Zain e-GO Zain e-GO exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Avant Browser avant exeC Windows system DllHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search mywebsearch com mywebsearch CtQXMIl gTzmFxAR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www mirarsearch com useie amp q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dllO - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - Extra context menu item Add to Anti-Banner - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ie banner deny htmO - Extra context menu item Block frame with Ad Muncher - http www admuncher com request will be i d menu ie frameO - Extra context menu item Block image with Ad Muncher - http www admuncher com request will be i d menu ie imageO - Extra context menu item Block link with Ad Muncher - http www admuncher com request will be i id menu ie linkO - Extra context menu item Don't filter page with Ad Muncher - http www admuncher com request will be i menu ie excludeO - Extra context menu item Download all links with IDM - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEGetAll htmO - Extra context menu item Download FLV video content with IDM - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEGetVL htmO - Extra context menu item Download with IDM - C Program Files Int... Read more

A:Can't update antivirus, ie, avant browser doesn't work

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.*If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. *If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. *If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.**If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. In order to be notified via email when your topic has a reply you need to enable topic notifications. To enable topic notifications you should do the following: 1. Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your control panel. 2. Scroll down to the Options category in the left hand side menu bar and click on the Email Settings link. 3. Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable 'Email Notification' by default?. 4. Set the If ticked, choose default type: menu option to Immediate Email Notification to have an email sent immediately when someone repliedThe topics you are tracking are shown Here.Because the e-mail notification system is not completely reliable, please check your topic once a day for responses.----------------------------*-------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274099/cant-update-antivirus-ie-avant-browser-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 58.48%

A couple weeks ago I ran an .exe that I really shouldn't have.

My computer went down the tubes pretty quick. Couldn't access the gui taskmanager popups, hijacks, background changed the works.

I can now access the gui task manager again.

I am NOW using Panda and Adaware.

IE still gets Hijacked often. Lots of popups etc.

Can't get google searches to work in Firefox 2.

I have Win XP sp2 and some updates afterwards, but can't get updates to work now (I'm sure part of the problem).

Have a covered enough bases to post my Hijackthis log file?

Thanks for any and all help.

Andrew

A:Hijacks, Can't update win XP, google search doesn't always work

It sounds like you have been attacked with malware.

Don't Panic! The HJT Support Team are very proficient with these sorts of things.

With that said, we recommend that you read this article… "IMPORTANT - 5 Step Process: Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

After your system has been verified as clean, if your are still experiencing those problems come back here and we will assist you further.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hijacks-cant-update-win-xp-google-search-doesnt-always-work-257892.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Yes after the big update, my Kobo E-reader can't synchronize anymore with Kobo Desktop, and the OS asking of format the hd Kobo, I already have contact Kobo and still wait for some responses , but if someone have have a idea how fix a problem thanks
Cariboou

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58821-after-big-update-kobo-ereader-doesnt-work-properly.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Everyone, we've a Problem. After we've updated a HP ThinClient T610 to the newest ThinPro Version (5.2.x) it doesn't recognized the WIFI Adapter anymore. I've tested it with another one, but even this one doesn't work. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? Or is there a list with the supported WIFI Adapter on it? It would be great if anyone could help us. We should provide a solution to the customer. By the way: the adapter ist shown in the USB-Manager. But it doesn't recognize it as a WIFI Adapter. It's just there that i could redirect it to the session, not to connect to a Wireless-Network. Many thanks!Alex

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T610-WIFI-Adapter-doesn-t-work-after-ThinPro-5-2-Update/td-p/5711207
Relevancy 57.19%

Help my windows 7 laptop just keeps rebooting and i cant get to safe mode or recovery what should i do ?

A:system recovery doesn't work and safe mode doesn't work and just keeps reboting

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631274/system-recovery-doesnt-work-and-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-just-keeps-reboting/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi, I know there are many in the forum who have the same problem as mine. 

my computer was running fine last friday. I tried to start it on saturday, it says it can't startup and need to repair startup. I did run the repair but still can't startup. I tried to use system restore to earlier dates, it still can't startup. The computer has trojan virus before and I tried the anti-malware from internet to kill them. seems that it create more problem for my PC. I have some important files in the computer that I wish I have archived. 

wonder if any one can help. thx in advance.

A:can't start up computer-window7, repair doesn't work, restore doesn't work

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493688/cant-start-up-computer-window7-repair-doesnt-work-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I am having several problems with my computer. I am using XP Pro SP 2

1) I cannot open links from the Yahoo home page when using Firefox. I have no trouble with it when using Internet Explorer.

2) I have tried manually updating my AVG anti-virus software and I get an "The Connection with Update Server has Failed" message

3) I cannot run "REGEDIT". I tried this after reading on the message board that this could be a sign of a virus or other malware.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg

A:AVG won't update, can't open Yahoo links using Firefox, regedit doesn't work

Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it.Before saving any of your security programs, rename them first. For example, before you save Malwarebytes', rename it to something like MBblah.exe and then click on Save and save it to your desktop. Same thing after you install it. Before running it, rename the main executable file first

Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run..Another work around is by not using the mouse to install it, Just use the arrow keys, tab, and enter keys. ~ Courtesy of boopmePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here or here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.Please include the following in your reply:MBAM log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224311/avg-wont-update-cant-open-yahoo-links-using-firefox-regedit-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows Voice Recorder doesn't work after update to version 1511 (OS 10586.36). When I go to use Windows Voice Recorder there is a message that pops up saying "before you can record, we need access to your Documents folder". I'm not able to figure out how to give Windows Voice Recorder access to the documents folder so any info on how I could do that would be very much appreciated. Thanks for any help I can get with this.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36331-voice-recorder-doesnt-work-after-update-version-1511-os-10586-36-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I bought my Satellite Z in August and installed GB extra RAM in it Worked fine the Ultrabook detected it and had total GB of RAM Yesterday I stopped ignoring these Toshiba Tempro messages and installed the suggested BIOS Update to Bios don't know which version it was before Now I have several problems First one my Ultrabook doesn't start anymore with the extra RAM I press the power button then the power LED starts blinking times yellow time orange in RAM work Update, doesn't anymore Satellite BIOS - Extra Z930 after loop The screen stays black and the CPU fan raises to maximum level Only when I remove the extra RAM then it starts Second problem without my extra RAM it starts but sometimes with Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore the CPU fan at maximum level So i have to restart that it stops Third problem Windows only detects GB of RAM I have now no extra RAM istalled so it should detect GB of RAM like when I bought it Now there are only GB So is this what happens when I install suggested updates - - So what can I do now At least I want my preinstalled GB of RAm back Is there any BIOS downgrade or something similar to revert the changes

A:Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore

OK, solved the problem. I found a BIOS downgrade to 2.1 at this page: http://www.blog-drivers.com/2012/07/toshiba-portege-z930-notebook-drivers.html
Now I have my 6GB back :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69088-Satellite-Z930-after-BIOS-Update-Extra-RAM-doesn-t-work-anymore
Relevancy 57.19%

I cannot get Windows Media Encoder to home, Encoder work at does work Windows at Media doesn't work at all at home but I have no problems with it at work so I Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work know I m not trying to do something with it that it can t handle At home every time I try to convert either an AVI or a VOB to WMV either using the wizard or the custom settings it lets me get through it all and then when it starts Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work trying to encode it throws up the message quot Windows Media Encoder has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot It never gives me any more information than this just crashes and closes I ve tried repairing it through the control panel as well as completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it hasn t helped At home I m running Windows XP Media Center At work where I ve never had it crash I m running Windows XP Professional Is there something in Media Center that causes it to crash Is there any patch I can download or thing I can do to get it to work on my home computer Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work

I'm currently having the same problem . I open the .vob file set the output folder , settings etc etc . just as it was about to start converting , WME just stops and crashes . I use windows xp home edition so if your company's xp professional can make it work im thinking it is something in the professional edition which allows it to work not something in our edition that doesnt allow it to work. Are there any alternatives for encoding a video? i dont have much cash right now so i was hoping i might find some freeware alternatives . thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-encoder-doesnt-work-at-home-does-at-work.582955/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all, After updating the BIOS to version A16 or A17 doesn't work memory card reader :(
On the aforementioned version of the BIOS, when you want to turn on the computer with a memory card inside the system do not get up! Of course, without a memory card system will get up normally but when you again put the memory card the system still can't see it.
The last working version of BIOS is A15 where you can use a memory card reader.
My OS: Windows 10 Pro (x64)

A:Latitude E7440 - memory card reader doesn't work after bios update

I have exactly the same problem. Last working version is A15.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19664521
Relevancy 56.33%

I downloaded Win x drivers for our Ricoh Aficio MP from Ricoh to load them onto a machine freshly updated from XP to Win Every time i driver Default update won't Ricoh Win7 it. printer work, doesn't mp171 try to install them Windows tells me the default driver it chose is the best one and won't install it The driver it is using does squat the printer was working fine when it was connected to XP now the most we have gotten out Default printer driver doesn't work, Win7 won't update it. Ricoh mp171 of it is a few pages of jibberish when we tried to print a photo I have tried manually installing the driver from the device manager i tell it to use a folder on the desktop where i copied the driver but when i press next it immediately says the driver being used is up to date I tried telling it to read from a dvd i burned the driver folder on to it doesn't like that either I am toying with the idea of deleting the default driver from system but copying it first to a data key disconnecting from the 'net and then installing the one from Ricoh

A:Default printer driver doesn't work, Win7 won't update it. Ricoh mp171

Hi briligg, Have you tried installing the drivers in admin mode Run as Administrator Some times you have to overrule win7 and tell it you know best this time

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/306941-default-printer-driver-doesnt-work-win7-wont-update-ricoh-mp171.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi All
Windows8.1 do not recognize any bluetooth., But Windows 8 will be easily identified. Install bluetooth driver in Windows 8.1, but I do not know why I can not be activated.

Model: Asus k53sd

A:Bluetooth does not work in Windows 8.1

Not sure if this is your problem but it is what worked for me due Bluetooth Support Service not having the right permissions:

Unable to REMOVE Bluetooth mouse

Does Bluetooth Support Service show up as running in Task Manager/Services?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/34125-bluetooth-does-not-work-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently just bought a msi z87 mpower Intel motherboard and it came with a blue tooth adapter. now for some reason I can not enable the device. there is no wireless tab under the change pc settings in pc settings however it is listed under device manager. it says every thing is correct with the driver and when I go to control panel and go to devices and printers the Bluetooth device is not there. I even did a fresh install of windows 8. not sure how to fix this one.

thanks, have a nice day

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38912-windows-8-bluetooth-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf