Windows Support Forum

Diplayport Output to 27" Monitor with Displayport to HDMI Ad...

Q: Diplayport Output to 27" Monitor with Displayport to HDMI Ad...

I've tried several Displayport to HDMI Adapters to connect the displayport on mt ZBook 14 to my 27" monitor and the Top, Bottom and Two Sides are cut off by an inch or two, but the rest is fine. Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution OR does anyone have a proposed solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Diplayport-Output-to-27-quot-Monitor-with-Displayport-to/td-p/5711595
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Diplayport Output to 27" Monitor with Displayport to HDMI Ad...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 87.29%

We are just not getting the results that we were hoping for, we are connecting thru a SPDock. Any direction would be appreciated.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440248-what-best-way-connect-sp3-sp4-monitor-hdmi-dvi-displayport.html
Relevancy 86%

I have a dv7 series laptop.  I also have an HP elite 2201x monitor that only has a display port connection.  I bought a DisplayPort to HDMI converter, but it doesn't work.  What do I need to do to be able to use this monitor?  Thanks.

A:Can I connect a DisplayPort monitor to hdmi on my laptop?

I find myself in a similar situation, please some find an answer for this!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-I-connect-a-DisplayPort-monitor-to-hdmi-on-my-laptop/td-p/1508683
Relevancy 84.71%

I am trying to connect the HDMI port on my nVidia GeForce GT 640 video card to the DisplayPort input on my HP Compaq L2206tm monitor. This is the reverse of what is expected by cable fabricators who have lots of cables and adapters for the opposite configuration, i.e., DP on the videocard and HDMI input on the monitor. There seems to be a uni-directional vs bi-directional issue involved with DP, but I don't quite understand it. Anyway, the uni-directional choices I am seeing are in the wrong direction. Anybody dealt with this and what is your advice for me?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/54604-hdmi-diplayport-video-issue.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi So eagerly i tought to buy this cool looking laptop for a huge i needed it to output to a hdmi monitor ot TV so sometimes i could see movies as well now i had special version) new dell or 13 DA200 output not monitor (2015 Hdmi dell to 9450 does HDMI xps adaptor via tv to buy the special DA dell adaptor and in the past weeks it s been a complete nightmare i WAS NEVER ABLE to make it work permanently The chat support was no help at all usually simply resuming to try and replace the part but i do think the part is good and i didn t feel like waiting weeks for it to ship from china The ethernet and usb work on the DA adaptor EXCEPT HDMI nbsp SOMETIMES it would work dell xps 13 9450 (2015 new version) does not output HDMI to tv or monitor via special dell DA200 Hdmi adaptor briefly until next restart i had tried everything ever available on the internet The laptop is running Windows as it s restricted to that version i tried to install other versions with lots of issues and compatibility issues so dell xps 13 9450 (2015 new version) does not output HDMI to tv or monitor via special dell DA200 Hdmi adaptor nbsp i have installed reinstalled and installed different versions of the video driver for all possible windowses and none worked what did work was very brief until next restart and that usually happened when i had a fresh windows install after the first restart i will get a non working hdmi again nbsp nbsp I have tried several hdmi cables so i know it s not the hdmi cable or the tv ot the monitor and nobody seems to be able to help

A:dell xps 13 9450 (2015 new version) does not output HDMI to tv or monitor via special dell DA200 Hdmi adaptor

Oops I see my first post got sent, even if the website failed...
Anyay.. I talked to Dell Support and they told me to update the firmware for:
Intel (R) Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update
(version 02.05.04,A00)
downloaded forn Dell.com/support
Enter your service tag and you will find it under Chipset on the driver download page.
That fixed it for me!
It was a known issue for the guy i talked to.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19668708
Relevancy 77.83%

Are there any adapters to do this or ways to do this? I can't seem to find any.

I am buying new monitors, the dell u2414h. Now, while this does have hdmi, I will be connecting multiple monitors together to extend the display from the laptop to give me multiple screens. The problem with this is that it only works if you use displayport and not hdmi, so I need a way to convert the hdmi to displayport or mini displayport.

I will primarily be using these monitors with my laptop that has displayport, so that is why I am getting these monitors and that won't be a problem. I will most likely hook up other laptops to the monitors and hdmi is way more common from what I have seen on laptops than displayport and is why I need a way to go from hdmi to displayport or mini displayport.

Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Hdmi to Displayport/Mini Displayport

You can't, HDMI does not support daisy chaining in the manner that DisplayPort does and you can't use a simply adapter to go from HDMI to DisplayPort and get the features of DisplayPort.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-to-displayport-mini-displayport.1114644/
Relevancy 77.4%

After a Windows 7 Starter update my LT 40 Gateway no longer sends a signal to my Samsung TV via HDMI. The only way is if I shut them off and turn the TV on as the pc boots but it keeps reverting to the laptop screen after a while. It was working fine until the last security updates. How can it be fixed?

A:No HDMI output to second monitor

I guess it was an intermittent problem from a bad HDMI cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352274-no-hdmi-output-second-monitor.html
Relevancy 77.4%

So I have both a monitor and an HDTV that i want to be able to use on my PC. However in order to get one to display i must unplug the other device. Is there a way to switch between my TV and PC monitor while having them both plugged in?

A:monitor/hdmi output

have you tried right click on the desktop choose personalize>connect to a projector or other external display (left hand side)?
does the f5 key switch between displays? (when the tv is enabled)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/monitor-hdmi-output-545282.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,My monitor on my laptop will not display anything except when I turn it on where I have green lines down the right half of the screen but everything else is black. This last about 30 seconds and then my monitor remains black. I have attempted replacing the monitor however that one stays black and has no display either. Regardless of the screen I have attatched, I have no problems connecting it to my TV via HDMI and using it that way graphics wise. Upon closely inspecting the motherboard I have not seen any cracks or any other damage. Any insight on this problem would be very appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/LED-Monitor-won-t-work-HDMI-output-does/td-p/5655731
Relevancy 75.68%

Problem AMD HDMI output would not play sound via HDMI cable to monitor speakers Testing the AMD HDMI sound output gave the following error message Device in use by another application This FIX worked for this hardware configuration MSI motherboard Realtek Audio onboard built into motherboard AMD Video board installed withHDMI cable to monitor See how the Device Manager sound devices should look when correctly configured below Issue FIX HDMI speakers output AMD - sound monitor no to s The Realtek HDMI Drivers had been assigned to the AMD FIX - AMD HDMI no sound output to monitor speakers HDMI card under Device Manager Sound Video and Game Controllers There are multiple hardware devices drivers that are conflicting Actions Required There are FIX - AMD HDMI no sound output to monitor speakers instances of the AMD HDMI card that should be shown under Device Manager You must uninstall the Realtek hardware and drivers so that only the AMD HDMI device is showing The AMD HDMI and Microsoft device drivers must be assigned to the AMD hardware How to fix Under the Device Manager sub-heading Audio inputs and outputs AMD HDMI Output High definition Audio device Right click and select Properties Driver should show driver provided by Microsoft Under the heading Sound Video and Game Controllers AMD High definition audio device Right click on the device to display the menu window Select Properties Driver tab Driver Provider should say Advanced Micro Devices If the driver provider is wrong you will need to uninstall the Device and the Driver Right Click on AMD High definition Audio device Select Uninstall You must also check the box to removethe drivers for the hardware After the AMD High Definition Audiodevice is uninstalled At the topof the Device Manager screen select Scan for Hardware Changes The system will detect the AMD HDMI Sound Card and install the correct AMD sound drivers Verify that the HDMI hardware has been detected and the correct driver has been assigned to it Your Device Manager should look like something like this when you have the AMD HDMI sound working Make sure that all other conflicting sound devices are disabled under Device Manager Sound as shown below Additional information If you have downloaded and installed updated Realtek sound drivers they will overwrite your working AMD HDMI drivers and the same problem will occur where the AMD HDMI won t output sound to your monitor Uninstall the Realtek hardware anddrivers Then under Device Driver you will need to select Action then select Scan for Hardware Changes Verify that the configuration is correct as shown above

A:FIX - AMD HDMI no sound output to monitor speakers

Originally Posted by laserlight

Problem: AMD HDMI output would not play sound via HDMI cable to monitor speakers.

Testing the AMD HDMI sound output gave the following error message:

Device in use by another application?

This FIX worked for this hardware configuration.

? MSI motherboard
? Realtek Audio onboard (built into motherboard)
? AMD Video board installed withHDMI cable to monitor
? See how the Device Manager sound devices should look when correctly configured below.

Issue(s):

1. The Realtek HDMI Drivers had been assigned to the AMD HDMI card under Device Manager, Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

2. There are multiple hardware devices/drivers that are conflicting.

Actions Required:

1. There are 2 instances of the AMD HDMI card that should be shown under Device Manager.

2. You must uninstall the Realtek hardware and drivers so that only the AMD HDMI device is showing.

3. The AMD HDMI and Microsoft device drivers must be assigned to the AMD hardware.

How to fix:
1. Under the Device Manager sub-heading ?Audio inputs and outputs?
? AMD HDMI Output (High definition Audio device)
? Right click and select Properties, Driver, should show driver provided by: Microsoft

2. Under the heading ?Sound, Video and Game Controllers?
? AMD High definition audio device
? Right click on the device to display the menu window
? Select Properties, Driver tab
? Driver Provider should say: Advanced Micro Devices
If the driver provider is wrong you will need to uninstall the Device and the Driver.
3. Right Click on:
? AMD High definition Audio device.
? Select: Uninstall
? You must also check the box to removethe drivers for the hardware.
After the AMD High Definition Audiodevice is uninstalled.

At the topof the Device Manager screen select ?Scan for Hardware Changes?
The system will detect the AMD HDMI Sound Card and install the correct AMD sound drivers.
Verify that the HDMI hardware has been detected and the correct driver has been assigned to it.
Your Device Manager should look like something like this when you have the AMD HDMI sound working :

Make sure that all other conflicting sound devices are disabled under Device Manager ? Sound, as shown below:

Additional information:
If you have downloaded and installed updated Realtek sound drivers they will overwrite your working AMD HDMI drivers and the same problem will occur where the AMD HDMI won?t output sound to your monitor.
Uninstall the Realtek hardware anddrivers.Then under Device Driver you will need to select Action, then select Scan for Hardware Changes. Verify that the configuration is correct as shown above.

I have now worked out it's def a driver conflict between what appears to be Microsoft's standard driver for audio (that comes with Windows 8 via online driver collection) and realtek or amd drivers (when you try to install either of them).

I had noticed no matter which driver I installed it would always show "High Definition Audio Bus" with an exclamtion mark and it was driving me crazy as couldn't get HDMI to be recognised for audio - only video (ie extend or mirror displays worked fine).

I finally had a eureka moment this weekend and started a new install of Windows 8.1 BUT this is what I did:
1. I disabled the onboard sound via the BIOS
2. I went through the windows setup but on setup I chose customize settings rather than express settings - in here you need to ensure (for now) that it won't try and find/download and install drivers via windows update so turn this off for now
3. Now when I finished the rest of the setup and got into Windows I simply downloaded the realtek AMD driver from: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/down...Down=false
Select "ATI HDMI Audio Device" (2.70) and run and install this.
4. Restart your PC and you will have the HDMI audio working now. I tested this with the AMD Catalyst Drivers too and it did work ok too but I'd read in a few places it was better to use the R... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/21357-fix-amd-hdmi-no-sound-output-monitor-speakers.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have LG 27 inch monitor when i connect Hdmi cable from laptop to Monitor nothing happens. I even installed drivers for the monitor successfully.  I tried my laptop to other pc by hdmi to dvi and it works. Please help.  Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/No-Display-of-HP-HDMI-output-to-LG-27-inch-monitor/td-p/5650581
Relevancy 75.68%

I have Win7 ultimate, 2xNvidia 480GTX running in SLI and an ASUS VE278 monitor. It works fine using DVI but when I connect the monitor to the gc with the HDMI cable and switch the monitor to HDMI mode I get the Windows background, but no mouse pointer or anything to work with. If I try and boot the PC with just the HDMI cable attached the monitor says it can't find an input signal. Does anyone know what the problem here might be?

A:HDMI output not working to my primary monitor

Now I have found out if I run dual monitor you can't use HDMI with S-vid or DVI at same time for some reason they fight Maybe this just something I have notice with vista and windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/147422-hdmi-output-not-working-my-primary-monitor.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I am plugging a HDMI cable into the HDMI port on a Dell E5440 laptop and the other end of the cable, which is Display Port, into a Dell P1914S monitor.
Nothing shows on the external monitor no matter what I do or try on either the laptop or monitor?  I have tried this on a Dell E7000 series laptop also with no result on that one either?
Does the HDMI port on Dell laptops support video or do I need to utilise some other means of connecting a second monitor.  Bear in mind there is no VGA output on these laptops.
Thanks in advance
Wayne

A:Dell Laptop HDMI to Dell Monitor DisplayPort?

Display port is NOT bidirectional. You can go from DISPLAY PORT OUT to HDMI IN but you CANNOT GO HDMI OUT to DIsplay port in.
I would suggest an HDMI to VGA adapter.
https://www.amazon.com/View-Hdmi-Converter-Raspberry-Board/dp/B00F04N28I

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19994340
Relevancy 68.8%

My dad is wanting to get a new PC He has monitors he'd like to get hooked up to it and all of them have DVI single two a run to monitrs DVI Use output DisplayPort and VGA input He is using these monitors with his home and work PC so due to the ports on his work PC one of them will need to be connected via VGA They're resolutions are x x and another x The PC he's looking at has two graphics card options quot NVIDIA GeForce GT GB DP VGA quot and quot AMD Radeon HD GB DVI DP Full Height quot is there any way all can be hooked up What Use a single DisplayPort output to run two DVI monitrs I've seen is that there is that these adapters can cost a lot around - and get bad reviews and they don't register as multiple monitors However I've seen some advertised as having extend mode would it be reasonable to use that on the x displays and then use a rd party program to split them into separate displays Is there any good way to go about doing this or should we look for a PC that has a xDVI graphics card Thanks

A:Use a single DisplayPort output to run two DVI monitrs

You will be better off getting a card that hass the needed outputs that you need. While DisplayPort has a means of sending two display signals down one cable, it is bare far from being supported.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/357030-use-single-displayport-output-run-two-dvi-monitrs.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I replaced my monitor with a Dell that has VGA, DVI and DisplayPort. My PC outputs VGA or HDMI, so I'm using an HDMI to DVI cable(previous monitor is VGA and DVI only). My only gripe with this cable is that the DVI end is hard to attach/remove. I can get HDMI-DisplayPort cables or adapters, this would be so much easier to deal with than trying to screw that DVI cable in place, but I need to know if outputting HDMI into the DisplayPort is going to cause any issues with picture quality.

I see either dedicated cables or converter boxes on eBay, converter box would be cheaper and I can use whatever HDMI cable I have on hand.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/384510-hdmi-displayport-any-drawbacks.html
Relevancy 67.94%

So I have a Thinkpad T with NVIDIA Quadro NVS M with a VGA out and Displayport out Windows Pro -bit For the past few months I have simply just used a VGA cord from the VGA out to the tv and used external speakers for my tv setup I to LCD TV Displayport/HDMI 1080p recently bought a Displayport to HDMI adapter so I can pass both video and sound to my tv digitally Video and sound passthrough works just fine my laptop picks Displayport/HDMI to 1080p LCD TV the tv as a secondary display But I can t get it to run at p Over VGA it automatically set itself to x and never had an issue Now over HDMI it picks up at Displayport/HDMI to 1080p LCD TV x Hz NVIDIA control panel recognizes x as native but when I set it to that setting the screen edges are cut off top bottom left right they are off the screen I ve read this is what is called quot overscan quot but I m no television expert I tried resizing the screen but then another issue became apperent green dots all over the green like snow in different positions as time passes I have ruled out the new DP to HDMI adapter by pluggging my laptop with the same adapter and hdmi cord to my ASUS VH H monitor through its own HDMI input automatically runs at p with sound with none of the above issues I have spent a few hours Displayport/HDMI to 1080p LCD TV reading through similar topics on this forum and others but most conclude with driver update Unforunately since Lenovo opted out of Nvidia s driver program Im stuck with Lenovo s driver which is quite old Sept so thats off the table I ve read too this seems to be common with Windows and not Vista and XP Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it It would be nice to run my tv at p from my laptop and not x

A:Displayport/HDMI to 1080p LCD TV

Hello & welcome to sevenforums,

What's about duplicate the laptop screen over the Hdmi cable in the Windows 7 display settings, not your video card drivers?
So the laptop will be overscan, but not the digital TV that will have the full screen without any black borders or cutted edges.

But looks the duplicate display will stay at 1366x768 / 60hertz, 32bits colors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/147978-displayport-hdmi-1080p-lcd-tv.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,I hope someone can assist me.  I have an M83, Quadro 410, Windows 10.  Ive updated the bios, NVIDIA drivers and all Windows 10, Lenovo updates. Using the VGA output the Quadro 410 works fine.  But when I try to use the Displayport output all I get is a black screen.  The screen is still on and not in screen saver mode. Any advice?Thanks Mat.

A:Displayport output Quadro 410 is black screen

How exactly is the DisplayPort (DP) connected to the monitor ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Displayport-output-Quadro-410-is-black-screen/td-p/3280615
Relevancy 67.08%

GA- GPA-UD H rev GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM - GA- GPA-UD H rev Note Simultaneous Yamaha receiver sound HDMI - output output no Gigabyte to output for Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output DVI-D and HDMI is not Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output supported What I'm trying to do is output just my sound to the receiver via HDMI cable but still use the DVI to my monitor for video From the note above taken from the MB specs sounds like this is not possible This is new business to me and wondering Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output how others do this seems little information I can find I am ordering a HDMI to DVI cable so I can disconnect the DVI cable from the computer and instead run both video and sound through HDMI to the receiver then the video to the monitor Hoping this works If all fails then I am relegated to separate digital through S PDIF optical link to my receiver According to the experts this is less than ideal since now the multi-channel dolby and DTS signals can only be received via HDMI Wondering if I get a Blu-ray player for my computer how this is going to all work out Hoping that HDMI to DVI cable does the trick Anyone with experience with this kind of set-up and the aforementioned hardware greatly appreciated And Happy NEW YEAR

A:Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output

As you have a separate video card, its capabilities should determine how the video works, not the motherboard. The video is routed to the video card.

If you had some type of integrated Video on the motherboard then the motherboard's specs would apply. For example, I have an Intel i7 3770 CPU and this model has built in Intel HD4000 video which is routed to motherboard video connectors and thus the motherboard would determine how the video is distributed. However, I'm using a separate video card and thus that determines how video is distributed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/271681-gigabyte-hdmi-output-yamaha-receiver-no-sound-output.html
Relevancy 67.08%

On my ThinkCentre M92p which has Windows 7 pro installed I am using a standard monitor from the onboard VGA.
But now I want to run a 2nd display to my LCD TV. So I have a new cable into the onboard displayport and the other end is HDMI into my TV. Nothing showed on the TV (no signal). So I went to the display settings and click on Detect but (Another display not detected) came up. Then I went into BIOS and set up the video to Multiple Displays. Still No Signal.
As far as I know I have the correct drivers for this model from the support downloads. Driver (b2vdo41us14.exe)
I am hope now someone can guide me through what I am doing wrong. And be thankful for any input.

Mod:  edited title for clarity

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:M92p - DisplayPort to HDMI not working

What is your BIOS version ?    And exactly what cable are you using for DP to HDMI ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M92p-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-not-working/td-p/3353252
Relevancy 67.08%

I am trying to connect the HDMI port on my nVidia GeForce GT 640 video card to the DisplayPort input on my HP Compaq L2206tm monitor. This is the reverse of what is expected by cable fabricators who have lots of cables and adapters for the opposite configuration, i.e., DP on the videocard and HDMI input on the monitor. There seems to be a uni-directional vs bi-directional issue involved with DP, but I don't quite understand it. Anyway, the uni-directional choices I am seeing are in the wrong direction. Anybody dealt with this and what is your advice for me?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/54604-hdmi-displayport-video-issue.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, I just installed my windows 7 (64x) again (after formatting the hard-drive) but now I have a problem with the audio from displayport to hdmi. I can't transfer the voice from laptop to TV anymore. I checked almost everything. Disabled the video and audio cards, set the AMD HDMI output as a default device or even disabled the rest but nothing worked so far. My display: AMD mobility radeon HD 5000 Any suggestions?  

A:displayport to hdmi after installing a new windows

Hi @sasan79, Thank you for your inquiry. I grasp that you have formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows 7, but now you do not have audio on the TV.  Previously it was working fine. Have you done all your Windows updates?  Have you run the HP Support Assistant?  Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues that may also help. Please let me know the results. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the ?Thumbs Up? below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/displayport-to-hdmi-after-installing-a-new-windows/td-p/5585654
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi people - and hopefully Lenovo staff - nbsp I have a new T s and having problems connecting my Samsung DisplayPort T440s HDMI: Not detected to monitor to it nbsp First the hardware - Lenovo ThinkPad T s i - U GHz GB RAM SSD running Windows Pro bit- Samsung SyncMaster S B T VGA HDMI - mDisplayPort - gt HDMI adapter nbsp The problem When I connect the monitor to the computer to the mDisplayPort via the mDisplayPort HDMI-adapter and HDMI-cable nothing happens Windows native Display Settings dialog's Detect link says Didn't detect another display The monitor works fine via VGA-cable The monitor works fine with my tv set top box via T440s DisplayPort to HDMI: Not detected HDMI The computer works fine with my tv with the mDisplayPort HDMI-adapter and HDMI-cable The computer T440s DisplayPort to HDMI: Not detected works fine with my work monitors via pure mDisplayPort- gt DisplayPort cable So - everything works except said connection to the monitor nbsp I have tried - Latest Intel HD Graphics driver from Lenovo version dated - - Latest BIOS upgrade GJET WW v dated - - Latest Intel HD Graphics driver directly from Intel but I was not allowed to install it I have to use Lenovo's driver - Getting the Samsung driver for the monitor from Samsung website though the latest version is also v from nbsp This guy has the same problem I think nbsp https forums lenovo com t Windows- -and- - T s-and-Dell-S H m-p nbsp Is there a difference in a pc monitor via HDMI and a tv via HDMI Tv is a Sony Bravia about - years old sorry don't have the model number hereHi people - and hopefully Lenovo staff - nbsp I hope anyone can help me nbsp Best regards nbsp SvendK nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440s-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-Not-detected/td-p/3320094
Relevancy 67.08%

Dear Support Team,
I have got an E6410 with a DP > HDMI converter. The video part is working fine on the TV but the audio does not work at all (is still remain on laptop).
I have downloaded and installed the latest software and drivers form  dell.com for this type of laptop but the problem is still the same .
I have  the latest  Graphics Driver for the Intel HD Video card from Dell Support Center.
Do you have any Idea ?
Displayport on E6410 doesn't support audio transmition?
Regards
Jorge

A:Displayport to HDMI audio problem

Please, any idea?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19384010
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello to all P I have Y50-70 (860m nvidia) laptop. I buyed new monitor Dell U3415W . I know that my laptop have only hdmi connector ...  I have connected my screen with hdmi cable and its works but i have 2 questions : 1) If i will connect my Y50-70 with HDMI to DisplayPort Converter i will get better performance ? or somthing better than regullar hdmi ? some examples of the Converter https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-DisplayPort-Supporting-Technology/dp/B00EDT0072https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-DP2HD4KS-DisplayPort-Audio-Converter/dp/B00LVA2LSW 2) In my nvidia settings i see that my hdmi port is not serving my nvidia 860m ... do i need to change some settings ?  Thanks !!!!! 

Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-with-Dell-U3415W-hdmi-vs-displayport/td-p/3417737
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello. We have connected a HP 8200 Elite to our Samsung TV with a displayport to hdmi converter 1 year ago, and it worked well. A week ago we bought a new TV table and after reconnecting the HP 8200 to our Samsung TV we get no signal to the TV.Yesterday I tested to connect a HP monitor with displayport to the HP 8200 with a displayport cable, and it did work.Today I was and switched the displayport to hdmi converter at the Kjell & CO reseller, BUT WE STILL GET NO SIGNAL TO THE SAMSUNG TV. I have connected a monitor with the RGB contact / cable, and have tested to change the display settings to make it work, BUT WITH NO SUCCESS. Could a straight displayport to hdmi cable solve the problem? Regards Roger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/No-signal-when-connecting-displayport-to-hdmi-converter-to/td-p/5713020
Relevancy 66.22%

I can't find in description of HP DisplayPort to HDMI 1.4 Adapter(F3W43AA) if it is compatible with my HP EliteBook 8760w?  My laptop: http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c02847569-1.pdf 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/compatibility-check-of-HP-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-1-4-Adapter/td-p/5781727
Relevancy 66.22%

I own an HP 8440p with the NVS3100 graphics card. I have tried all suggestions regarding getting the DisplayPort to pass audio through a DP-to-HDMI adapter with no success. I have even tried purchasing multiple adapters in the hopes of findingone that worked, even HP's own pricey adapter.  Can I conclude that it is now settled that the HP 8440p with the discreet NVS3100 (not the integraed Intel Graphics) simply cannot be made to pass audio from the DisplayPort to to an HDMI adpter? If the answer is that it cannot then I will start shopping for a new laptop with a native HDMI and not the troublesome DisplayPort. Thanx, Redlyne

A:Has DisplayPort to HDMI Audio Out Problem Ever Been Solved?

My displayport adaptor to HDMI, when connected to my monitor, cuts the top, bottom and sides off by an inch or two, but the rest is okay. Is this the problem you are having? I've tried a few adaptors, all the same result.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Has-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-Audio-Out-Problem-Ever-Been-Solved/td-p/5711508
Relevancy 66.22%

I purchased a MiniDP to HDMI cable that is capable of 4k resolution. I hooked it up to my X1 (Gen1, model 3444-G7U) laptop into my LG TV (which also supports 4k). I can't get the TV to go above 1080p! Again, the TV is brand new and 4k capable, the MiniDP to HDMI cable is 4k capable, and it's connected from my X1 laptop's MiniDP port.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Carbon-X1-3444-G7U-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-cable-Not-Working/td-p/3322251
Relevancy 66.22%

Ok so, I'm using this monitor : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001834 which has displayportI'm using a lenovo y40 as the computer.And lastly, I am using this as the connection betwen DP and HDMI : https://www.amazon.ca/Rankie-Plated-DisplayPort-Cable-Black/dp/B00Z05JMKO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=146... I am using windows 10 I connected it successfully, but windows is not detecting the monitor. Not sure if the cord is not compatible, dead or I am missing a setting. Help would be appreciated 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Displayport-to-HDMI-Multiple-Display-lenovo-y40/td-p/3371643
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm trying to run audio to a stereo receiver over an HDMI cable attached to my computer (T420s) through a DP to HDMI adapter. I have the DisplayPort++ symbol on my computer, so a passive adapter should work. The only playback device listed though is Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD. I've tried installing the Intel Graphics Driver listed on Lenovo's site, hoping it might install the Intel Display Audio driver. It did not seem to. I still have to Intel audio in the device manager. Any ideas on what to do to get audio to my stereo receiver?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420s-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-audio-not-working/td-p/3392771
Relevancy 66.22%

Can the xps 9550 run the laptop screen and 2 external monitors (one to hdmi, another to thunderbolt/displayport)  simultaneously with no problems?
Can someone test this ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19711161
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi gang,

I have a asus z87pro mobo. i currently have a dsub monitor and dvi monitor plugged into the appropriate ports and both monitors display independent desktops under win7 64bit quite nicely.

My specific question is:

which adapters would allow me to connect 2 additional dsub 1900*1200 monitors to both the hdmi socket and the displayport socket, so that i run a total of four monitors.

I have seen this :
HDMI
PC HDMI to VGA SVGA RGB HDTV Video Cable Converter Adapter PS3 XBOX 360 Apple TV | eBay

and this
displayport
Display Port Male to SVGA/ VGA Female Adapter Convertor Changer Cable Lead Wire | eBay

But i am unsure whether they would both allow me to run a further 3rd and 4th connected pair of dsub monitors.

Can you advise?

A:Hdmi/displayport to svga adapter/convertor

Is this your board ?

Motherboards - Z87-PRO

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321521-hdmi-displayport-svga-adapter-convertor.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I would like to buy something like thishttp://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/mini-displayport-12-to-hdmi-20-uhd-activ...Should I be able to see 3840*2160 UHD 4:4:4 @60Hz on my Samsung Smart TV? It works with my desktop pc. I have read some other threads here where people have troubles with this on T450. Anybody has tested this and can confirm?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460-and-4K-60Hz-over-Mini-DisplayPort-gt-HDMI-adapter-anybody/td-p/3449374
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello guys!

I recently ran into a problem with my main LCD TV(I need to replace the power supply.) I use that LCD TV for my desktop computer, and right now all I have is my laptop. I use synergy to control both computers. However now it doesn't matter because I cannot see the desktop portion. Is there anyway for me to output my desktop computer to my laptop monitor?

Both my Desktop and Laptop have HDMI input. I also have the HDMI cord on hand right now I just don't know how I'd go about setting it up. I'd like to use synergy to control the desktop AND have it's output be on the laptop until my power supply arrives and I can fix my TV.

Relevancy 65.79%

I'm trying to hook up my TV with my computer, and for the most part it's working. The video goes through and I get how to control it and everything. The only thing not working is the sound.

I'm using an HDMI to HDMI cable, and like I said the video is fine. Also, when the cable is plugged into my boyfriend's laptop, the sound comes out of the TV.

So this must mean the problem is with my computer specifically. Although, this computer is only a month old, so I wouldn't think anything is out of date.

I have no idea what's relevant, so I don't know what to post screenshots of, but I've read tons of other threads with the same issues but none of their solutions seem to work for me.

A:Realtek HDMI Output ATI HDMI Audio -Not Plugged In-

Info on your computer would help. We can only talk in generalites or suggestions without it. In most cases, if you have a full HDMI port with both audio and video, when you plug in an HDMI cable Windows changes the default audio playback device from the "Speakers" (your PC sound card) to "HDMI".

In your case the ATI (now called AMD) should be the device that is feeding the video and audio.

As your PC is only 1 month old, the PC vendor's tech support should be the ones to call since you haven't been able to find a solution to date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/261246-realtek-hdmi-output-ati-hdmi-audio-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there I am working with two monitors The first is a ViewSonic si... losing keeps Monitor First DVI-Displayport with VX wm LED monitor connected to the desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M First Monitor with DVI-Displayport keeps losing si... p via aDVI in monitor to Displayport Desktop cable The card is an Nvidia Geforce nbsp The second monitor is First Monitor with DVI-Displayport keeps losing si... VGA nbsp Every so often the ViewSonic's signal goes out At first I thought it was the DVI Displayportadaptor but upon getting a new cable the problem persisted I then assumed it First Monitor with DVI-Displayport keeps losing si... was the latest Nvidia driver update so I rolled back The monitor's signal returned for a few days but then eventually lost its signal again nbsp This process repeats every time I install an older driver the monitor comes back but eventually dies I am trying to figure out what is the cause of this problem AFAIK it cannot be the Displayport as the Geforce is compatible I have concluded it must be the ViewSonic monitor nbsp Any help as to what may cause this loss of signal would be appreciated I have a feeling it might be because I have not used an 'active' adapter and only have used passive ones nbsp I just wish this information wasn't so vague and hard to find nbsp Displayport hasn't really taken off that well has it nbsp

A:First Monitor with DVI-Displayport keeps losing si...

Kindly set the display resolution to  1366*768 and set the Nvidia display to multiple display.

Best Regards,
Tanuj

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/First-Monitor-with-DVI-Displayport-keeps-losing-signal-Geforce/td-p/726783
Relevancy 60.2%

I have the option of connecting my laptop using either of these two cables:

1) DisplayPort to mini-DisplayPort
2) DVI to mini-DisplayPort

Is there any advantage to one over the other?

Thanks for your help!
Paul

A:Which monitor connection is best? DVI or DisplayPort

Both should be identical as they are both digital.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-monitor-connection-is-best-dvi-or-displayport.1057759/
Relevancy 60.2%

Is there a way to connect a displayport monitor to an IBM style PC? Found a new monitor in my brother-in-law estate and was wonder if there is a way to use it. Thanks for any help

A:How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

If the monitor and the video card in u'r computer have the same connections, and u have a power cable for it. It should work if it is new as u say. Try it and see. That should not cost anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-run-a-displayport-monitor-on-a-pc-using-windows-7.209543/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Everyone I am attempting to configure EyeFinity with monitors My graphics card a PowerColor HD Eyefinity get work 3rd - monitor Can't it to with DisplayPort! has supports a maximum of monitors and Can't get 3rd monitor to work with Eyefinity - it has DisplayPort! it sports the following monitor outputs x DVI x HDMI amp x DisplayPort My monitors are all the same brand Dell and model U HM UltraSharp they each sport x DisplayPort x DVI amp x VGA connection As all of my monitors support DisplayPort I see no need for a DisplayPort adaptor and I have connected my monitors as follows DVI VGA by way of DVI Adaptor this is because I am using a KVM switch DisplayPort Ironically only the rd DisplayPort connected monitor is not working with EyeFinity I have manually set the connection on the monitor through the monitor s menu to DisplayPort Further when I turn the monitor off and on I see the message quot No DisplayPort - so the monitor doesn t quot believe quot that it is connected Windows - x - Professional on the other hand responds to the monitor being turned on and off by making the long quot doo doo quot sound that it typically makes whenever a USB connection is established However this being said quot Screen Resolution quot item only ever reports that two monitors are connected Furthermore ATI Catalyst can only see two monitors connected - it sees one Analog due to the adaptor and one digital as pictured below Any help with getting my rd monitor will be greatly appreciated I have considered uninstally amp reinstalling the driver - but I am not convinced that this will help as the monitor is reporting quot No DisplayPort Cable quot Thanks Davo nbsp

A:Can't get 3rd monitor to work with Eyefinity - it has DisplayPort!

Try to make DisplayPort as primary Monitor and boot up from there make sure is it work first and then add each monitor on to the system ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-3rd-monitor-to-work-with-eyefinity-it-has-displayport.1037192/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Everyone I am attempting to configure EyeFinity with monitors My graphics card a PowerColor HD supports a maximum of monitors and it sports the following monitor outputs x DVI x HDMI amp x DisplayPort My monitors are all the same brand Dell and model U HM UltraSharp they each sport x DisplayPort x DVI amp x VGA connection As all of my monitors support DisplayPort I see no need for a DisplayPort adaptor and I have connected my monitors as follows DVI VGA by way of DVI Adaptor this is because I am using a KVM switch DisplayPort Ironically only the rd DisplayPort connected monitor is not working with EyeFinity I have manually set the connection on the monitor through the monitor's menu to DisplayPort Further when I turn the monitor off and on I see the message quot No DisplayPort quot - so the monitor doesn't quot believe quot with monitor get work it Can't Eyefinity to - 3rd DisplayPort! has that it is connected Windows - x - Professional on the other hand responds to the monitor being turned on and off by making the long quot doo doo quot sound that it typically makes whenever a USB connection is established However this being Can't get 3rd monitor to work with Eyefinity - it has DisplayPort! said quot Screen Resolution quot item only ever reports that two monitors are connected Furthermore ATI Catalyst can only see two monitors connected - it sees one Analog due to the adaptor and one digital as pictured below Any help with getting my rd monitor will be greatly appreciated I have considered uninstally amp reinstalling the driver - but I am not convinced that this will help as the monitor is reporting quot No DisplayPort Cable quot Thanks Davo

A:Can't get 3rd monitor to work with Eyefinity - it has DisplayPort!

DisplayPort can technically drive up to 3 monitors, but I am fairly certain that you cannot easily mix it's output with another digital output unless the video chipset can allow it (and this would be high-end, because DVI and HDMI are based on older technology and would require decent amounts of horsepower that a single GPU isn't necessarily going to be designed for). Nvidia makes some laptop video chips that allow splitting the signal between VGA and a DisplayPort port, but that's analog and digital, so it's a lot easier on the chipset than pushing 2 digital outputs at the same time (with content protection, scanning, etc. required by those interfaces).

The latest DisplayPort spec allows daisy-chaining of multiple DisplayPort displays on the same DisplayPort port from a video source, but to do so you need to purchase the requisite cabling or adapters to achieve multimon on the DisplayPort port and all devices along a DisplayPort multimon daisy-chain must be DisplayPort 1.2 spec or higher devices.

There are adapters that you can purchase that can take a DisplayPort signal and output it to multiple DVI endpoints (which could then be downgraded to VGA with an adapter on the DVI port), but you generally need to be driving the same monitors at each endpoint too which can be a pain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/209451-cant-get-3rd-monitor-work-eyefinity-has-displayport.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everybody!
I've recently got two monitors, but the secondary monitor doesn't show anything. I have a NVIDIA Quadro 4000 with 2 Displayports and 1 DVI. The Monitor is a Samsung S22D300 (both of them).
When I connect the monitor through the DVI connector it works fine (with both monitors) but not with the Displayport (none of them). What can I do?!

I have tried already to unplug and plug again. install newest drivers from Nvidia... AHHHHHH!!! help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/402183-monitor-not-displayed-through-displayport-nvidia.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My external monitor ASUS PB278Q stopped working. I switched out the DP cable which is newly purchased. I have my GPU driver updated and I'm pretty sure I've updated most other drivers on my laptop as well. I'm connecting the DP through the 433835U TP MiniDock Plus Series 3 (https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-433835U-MiniDock-Docking-Station/dp/B0085MQLMQ). For some  reason the laptop doesn't seem to detect the monitor or vice versa. The monitor says DP cable no signal. Other inputs like the power adapter and the wireless mouse I attach to the docking station do work however. I'm not sure what else I'm looking at. I haven't tried using the other inputs like the hdmi (id have to buy an adapter) or the VGA and the one other one it has since I dont have cable for those... I'm not sure how to resolve this. Please provide support, thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/External-Monitor-not-connecting-to-the-displayport-on-the/td-p/3432252
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,

In a few weeks (I can't wait! ) I will replace my laptop with the Surface Pro.

Right now, though, I have my laptop connected to two monitors: One via VGA and other via DVI. I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64, so this all works great.

So the big question is whether it is possible to have multi-monitor support via the one-and-only DisplayPort that is on the Surface Pro? If so, what--if any--additional hardware would I need?

When I'm docked at home and using my Surface Pro as laptop, I really need to keep the functionality of using both external monitors (one is 31" and the other 29"). I would really hate to go back to only being able to use one.

If you can provide any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

A:Multiple Monitor Support Possible via DisplayPort?

http://www.displayport.org/faq/

there are 2 options:

1) DisplayPort v1.1a hubs available today that allow you to connect multiple monitors to a single DisplayPort connector. Various output configurations are available for these hubs including DisplayPort, DVI, and HDMI.

2) you need DisplayPort monitors that support daisychaining. DisplayPort v1.2, supports monitor daisy chaining.
DisplayPort v1.1a displays are fully compatible with DisplayPort v1.2 PCs and graphics cards. A DisplayPort v1.1a display can be the last display in a DP v1.2 chain.
Here’s an example:
A PC with one DP connector is driving two monitors via daisy chaining. The 1st monitor is a DP v1.2 monitor with input and output connectors. The 2nd monitor is a DP v1.1a monitor. DP v1.2 PC—> DP v1.2 monitor with in & out connectors—->DP v.1.1a monitor.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/18636-multiple-monitor-support-possible-via-displayport.html
Relevancy 59.77%

So I've been using a monitor via DisplayPort through the past week with no issues. Suddenly today, I turn on my laptop and the port is no longer detecting any monitor at all. I'm willing to troubleshoot this using any links or advice provided, please help.

I've tried restarting my computer, plugging the port in/out, plugging my monitor in/out... this problem seemed to have occurred out of seemingly nowhere. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

A:Windows 8 not detecting DisplayPort Monitor

Alright, figured it out.

I'm guessing, that I probably set my external monitor to deactivate before unplugging it. The next time I plugged it in, it wouldn't activate at all for this reason.

I solved this by switching the way it got input from my laptop, going from DisplayPort to HDMI. Then I reactivated the monitor, and was able to switch back to DisplayPort.

In my personal opinion, this is truly the most idiotic thing I have dealt with so far in Windows 8. Hopefully display options such as "deactivate" don't stick around after unplugging them in the next iteration of Windows.

- Garret
EDIT:
It happened again. Did some more research and the solution here worked:
ASUS PB278Q 1440P MONITOR "DISPLAY-PORT: NO SIGNAL, AND HDMI: NO SIGNAL" GTX 780

Relevant comment:
There is a feature on newer motherboards in which they have sleep state settings outside the control of the operating system. Go into your bios and go to APM configuration. Look for ErP setting (default is usually disabled) and enable it to S4+S5 sleep state. This solved my problem, now my monitor will show a display after computer wakes up from sleep or when powered off.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/61545-windows-8-not-detecting-displayport-monitor.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Basically my question is how do I change my default boot display to DisplayPort instead of DVI DETAILS Looked all over and couldn't find a solution DVI) (ONLY Work WITH Monitor Doesn't DisplayPort with My computer Monitor Doesn't Work with DisplayPort (ONLY WITH DVI) only allows me to boot up in DVI and nothing else My motherboard and monitor support HDMI and DisplayPort but I've only ever gotten them to work as Monitor Doesn't Work with DisplayPort (ONLY WITH DVI) my secondary displays In the past I ignored it because I had multiple monitors and could just use one with DVI and it would boot on that one and when it popped up with windows it would change my main display to the other one which was using DisplayPort Now I only have one monitor and both DVI and DisplayPort are plugged in but only DVI will work It is the same monitor that worked as a secondary monitor with the same DisplayPort SPECS x ASUS VE H Black Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor x MSI X A-GD Plus LGA Intel X SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard x BYTECC DP- K ft Black DisplayPort male to DisplayPort male Audio Video Cable M-M

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626956/monitor-doesnt-work-with-displayport-only-with-dvi/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello amp thank you in advance for your assistance A month ago I installed a new Sapphire HD Radeon GB DDR Dual-X OC GPU amp began experiencing BSOD issues with driver atikmdag sys Would quite often go as long as a week between BSOD The BSOD seems to be associated with DisplayPort attached monitor Have while monitor? streaming DisplayPort BSOD on attached two monitors attached via Dual DVI which work fine Can stream no problem The third monitor which is attached via DisplayPort seems to be the culprit Streaming The Mentalist on CBS com last night on that monitor amp it crashed right away Watched Mentalist on another monitor with ease Have been working my way thru AMD Article Number attempting to resolve this myself Several driver versions with same results Always use the AMD uninstall utility restart Driver Sweeper restart amp CCleaner for good measure before installing next driver BIOS is current as are Windows updates Have a W BSOD while streaming on DisplayPort attached monitor? PSU the BSOD while streaming on DisplayPort attached monitor? GPU came overclocked from the factory amp I did down clock for a short time which did not help The GPU runs cool in the low 's the new PSU runs about degrees hotter than the Dell OEM PSU But it was crashing before with the cooler running W Dell PSU Sapphire recommends a W PSU for this GPU even tho the uses less energy than the ATI Radeon it replaced Purchased a new SSD amp this past weekend performed a clean install of Windows went very well Windows found all the drivers even for the new Sound Card The Intel Driver Update Utility says there are newer Chipset Drivers avail RAID drivers too But I had the newer Chipset drivers before the fresh install of Windows amp it was crashing then So I have no idea where to go from here Suppose replacing the displayport cable then contacting Sapphire for a replacement GPU are the next steps Here is a paste from the memorydump file to go along with the SF Diagnostic ZIP Code ADDITIONAL DEBUG TEXT Use ' findthebuild' command to search for the target build information If the build information is available run ' findthebuild -s reload' to set symbol path and load symbols FAULTING MODULE fffff a nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP d DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff a ac to fffff a cbc STACK TEXT fffff ffd fffff a ac a nt KeBugCheckEx fffff ffd fffff e fffff ffdab fffffa c a ba fffff c b atikmdag x ac fffff ffd fffff b e fffffa cbe af fffffa c a fffffa c atikmdag x fffff ffd b fffff b e fffffa c f fffff c fffffa c cb fffffa c atikmdag x f e fffff ffd fffff b d fffffa c fffff ffd b atikmdag x e fffff ffd b fffff b a fffffa c a fffffa c fffffa c a bb atikmdag x d fffff ffd f fffff b d fffffa c fffffa fffff e b atikmdag x a fffff ffda fffff bf fffffa c b fffff ffdaf fffffa c fffff atikmdag x d fffff ffda fffff b ae fffffa fffffa c atikmdag x fffff ffdb fffff c fffffa b a fffffa a e ab atikmdag x dae fffff ffdb fffff fcf fffff fd e fce ab fffff fe c atikmdag x fffff ffdbc fffff a a c fffff fd fffff ffdc fffffa a fffff fe c atikmpag x fcf fffff ffdbf fffff a a fffff fd fffff fffff nt KeSynchronizeExecution x ec fffff ffdd fffff ffe fffff ff fffff ffdd nt KiCpuId x d STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP atikmdag ac fffff a ac cc int SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME atikmdag ac FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME atikmdag IMAGE NAME atikmdag sys BUCKET ID WRONG SYMBOLS Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD while streaming on DisplayPort attached monitor?

Well it's a bit odd that I would come across this info now after a month and a half but - apparently there is an issue with the 20 pin on displayport cables. The infamous pin 20 issue.
To be fully compliant a displayport cable must not have pin 20 wired through.
The monitor is feeding power down pin 20, and the video card is feeding power out as well and the some video cards don't like it, (the power feed is to provide power to active converters, DP to VGA, HDMI etc.)

This thread is pretty close to mine:
How a Bad DisplayPort Cable Can Ruin Ruin Your Day
For about 2 months I've been struggling with a BSoD error related to atikmpag.sys on my Windows 7, core i7, 2x 5870 Crossfire system.

First, I assumed it was a driver issue. At the time I think the 12.1 Catalyst drivers had just been released. So, I rolled back to 11.10 or so. BSoDs continue anywhere from every couple of days to as often as every couple hours.I formatted my system partition and reinstalled Windows to try to fix.

Guess what? BSoDs continue!

Finally, after all of this, I decide on replacing the DisplayPort cable as the last possible point of failure. I should have mentioned that I'm running 1 native DisplayPort and 2 DVI ports. I replaced it with one from Accell off Newegg and it's been over a month without any further BSoDs. I've heard of plenty of issues out there with DisplayPort adapters, but never thought I'd have an issue with a straight DisplayPort cable distributed with a Dell monitor. Having a Windows BSoD from a bad display cable was definitely an eye-opener for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309234-bsod-while-streaming-displayport-attached-monitor.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there I am working with two monitors The first is a ViewSonic VX wm LED monitor connected to the desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M p via a DVI in monitor to Displayport Desktop cable The card is an Nvidia Geforce adapter signal Monitor DisplayPort losing on nbsp The second monitor is VGA nbsp Every so often the ViewSonic's signal goes out At first I thought it was the DVI Displayport adaptor but upon getting a new cable the problem persisted I then assumed it was the Monitor on DisplayPort adapter losing signal latest Nvidia driver update so I rolled back The monitor's signal returned for a few days but then eventually lost its signal again nbsp This process repeats every time I install an older driver the monitor comes back but eventually dies I am trying to figure out what is the cause of this problem AFAIK it cannot be the Displayport as the Geforce is compatible I have concluded it must be the ViewSonic monitor nbsp Any help as to what may cause this loss of signal would be appreciated I have a feeling it might be because I have not used an 'active' adapter and only have used passive ones nbsp I just wish this information wasn't so vague and hard to find nbsp Displayport hasn't really taken off that well has it nbsp nbsp nbsp Mod nbsp edited title for clarity nbsp

A:Monitor on DisplayPort adapter losing signal

Kindly set the display resolution to  1366*768 and set the Nvidia display to multiple display.

Best Regards,
Tanuj

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Monitor-on-DisplayPort-adapter-losing-signal/td-p/726783
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all, I am trying to connect 2 external monitors (Asus VW22AT) to my W550S laptop.Via the VGA connection, it works fine (for both monitors, i tried one by one), the display automatically sets to 1680x1050 resolution. My problem comes from the mini displayport which i used with DVI adapter (I also tried with VGA adapter), I can't get the 1680x1050 resolution, it recommands to use a 1920x1080 resolution but the screen is blurred. If I manually set to 1680x1050, the image doesn't use all the screen, each side is black on 3 centimeters thus the image is also blurred. Do you have any solution please?Best regards, Jean

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Issue-with-external-monitor-via-displayport-1680x1050-resolution/td-p/3435509
Relevancy 58.91%

Dear all As subject, I read some articles from Internet and bought a Displayport_to_VGA to connect : the Mainboard's integrated Displayport with 2nd monitor. But system cannot recognize the 2nd monitor at displayport. I haven't seen any setting on BIOS about this.  Can anybody help me to fix this problemMany thanks, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Dual-monitor-with-integrated-Displayport-of-HP-Prodesk-400/td-p/5718013
Relevancy 58.91%

HI;

I have 2 monitors on my Dell Studio XPS with a Radion 5700 series card. I'm doing more video editing now and I would like to add a 3rd monitor.

I'm finding out there are not that many Display Port monitors to choose from.

I know that the Apple monitors are DisplayPort and they are nice screens, but they are very $$$.

Can you suggest anything under $500 with a DisplayPort in the 23" to 27" size range?

Thanks Much

Jamie

A:Looking for suggestions on mid-priced 23" or more DisplayPort Monitor

These all have Display Port.

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Monitors, LCD Monitors, ASUS, Yes, 2ms-3ms, 1

I have the ASUS VE258Q 25" which is out of stock but is available at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VE258Q-25.../dp/B004ZMH65Q

Very nice monitor.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202155-looking-suggestions-mid-priced-23-more-displayport-monitor.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an S-Video port on my computer and I am going to run it to my 46" Projection TV.

What I want to know is how to switch b/t S-Video out and the VGA out so I can switch between my monitor and TV - is there a keyboard combination I have to hit (like on a function key on a laptop)?

I will only be viewing video files on my TV (so it won't be too often that I use the S-Video out port).

I remember doing this a while back, but it seems like I had to do a restart and unhook my VGA connection to get the S-Video feed to work - there must be an easier way.

Thanks ALL!!!

A:Switch b/t VGA Monitor output and S-Video Output

Depending on the card, I am personally better versed with ATI, but I know my Nvidia also, you can set up a dual display and set the S video to play all movies at full screen, and through the control disable the TV when not in use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switch-b-t-vga-monitor-output-and-s-video-output.400453/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there, My sound is not working. I only have a HDMI Sound output. However, I don't have any HDMI Output in my computer. I reinstalled windows a couple of times lately, but i don't know for sure if thats the problem.
Right now im using Windows 7 32-Bit, My hardware specs are: CPU: Intel Duo 2 Core. Graphics Card: AMD ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series. Any help or such will be Very much appreciated

A:Sound not working, Only have HDMI Sound Output, But no HDMI port in PC

the HDMI sound is most likely off your GPU but that series seems to not have a HDMI port so that is odd. If you can make sure your onboard audio is on in your BIOS and also run the tool on this page so that you can update all your system info for us. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/362876-sound-not-working-only-have-hdmi-sound-output-but-no-hdmi-port-pc.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey All So I'm running xR X crossfire with xQnix Qx monitors One of the qnix monitors was Setup (DisplayPort w/ Having Monitor issue?) issues Triple purchased with HDMI DisplayPort connectors along with the usual DVI connector normally these monitors only come with the D-DVI input I had a monitor with just the two DVI-only monitors setup for a while that was working fine Since installing the third monitor I'm experiencing several weird things - On boot until the Windows login screen comes up Windows there is nothing on the non-primary DVI monitor so my setup is my primary monitor is one of the two DVI monitors and then the left and right monitors is another DVI-only and the DP monitor - If the monitors go to sleep or I Having issues w/ Triple Monitor Setup (DisplayPort issue?) put the computer to sleep and wake it up any windows that were on the non-primary DVI monitor are moved over to the primary DVI monitor Windows on the DP monitor do not move in this configuration - WIthin CCC after sleep monitors off I have to restart CCC's control of the color settings for the non-primary DVI monitor I'm forgetting what the actual button says but it's the button under the Display color controls settings where you can manipulate the R G B channels - I have to use the GPU for color matching since the monitors don't have any inherent ways to change R G B levels If I only connect the two DVI monitors this is not an issue If I connect one DVI and the DP monitor after sleep wake any windows that were on the DP monitor are moved over to the primary monitor again note that this didn't happen when all monitors were connected I have tried the newest version of CCC as well as the current beta version - same behavior in both I have tried using HDMI instead of DP - same behavior Aspects of this sound similar to the issues discussed in this post http www overclock net t dealing-with-displayport-hdmi-autodetect What I don't understand is why the second DVI monitor is acting so oddly when all monitors are connected Why would there be no picture when the computer boots Any input would be appreciated Thanks

A:Having issues w/ Triple Monitor Setup (DisplayPort issue?)

I run a triple monitor setup on my desktop PC. 2 DVI and one HDMI on my GT 640. The one using HDMI goes as follows Mini HDMI on video card to normal HDMI to HDMI to DVI adapter. What I notice is regardless of which monitor is set as primary my BIOS POST screen and the initial Windows Boot screen always shows on the same monitor on one of the DVI ports. The video card determines what monitor the POST screen shows on. For me it depends on how many monitors I have plugged in and what ports they use. I have never seen it where it didn't show. The logon screen then shows on my Primary monitor. I don't use sleep or hibernate so I can't help you with that. Why you don't see your POST screen I don't know, I have seen other people report the same thing though. I don't remember if they found out why though.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/50692-having-issues-w-triple-monitor-setup-displayport-issue.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Often when I initially turn my computer on I get the message from the latest AMD driver:
"The System has detected a problem with the connection between your computer and the DisplayPort display that will prevent you from using the highest resolutions and/or refresh rates." and my 4k monitor would be in 30 hz not 60hz. To fix this problem I either reset my computer or reset the monitor and most of the time it will then go to 60hz. I have already tried a new displayport cable, fresh installed the video drivers and face the same problem. Can anyone help please?

A:4k monitor reverting to 30hz from 60hz Displayport problem

Hey, I had the same problem and I just solved mine, so hopefully it will help yours too.

All I did was unplugged the power cable for 5-10 seconds. After I did that Windows prompted me that "You must restart your computer for these changes to take effect."

Once I restarted everything was fixed. Hope it helps! Good luck to you!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/65968-4k-monitor-reverting-30hz-60hz-displayport-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am currently troubleshooting about laptop docking station dual monitor combinations all with the same issue nbsp when laptop monitor black to... connecting sleeping Displayport When the laptop is sleeping and then docked the displayport monitor will not Displayport monitor black when connecting sleeping laptop to... wake up nbsp It has Displayport monitor black when connecting sleeping laptop to... to be unplugged and replugged into the docking station each time nbsp nbsp The second screen plugged in via VGA does wake up as I can move the mouse on it but the DP screen will continue to sleep nbsp The setup nbsp nbsp nbsp Elitebook Folio nbsp G docked into a HP Ultraslim docking station nbsp monitors both nbsp dell one connected via Displayport the other VGA nbsp The monitors are some variation of a Dell nbsp s nbsp Steps taken to try and fix Updated ALL drivers on the computer Updated Docking station firmware bios firmware monitor firmware Installed Displaylink and ran the configuration tools Disabled DDC Ci on the monitors Ensured the monitor is set to the DP and not auto select Installed the monitor drivers to look for additional settings nbsp Nothing I have done has had any change nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Displayport-monitor-black-when-connecting-sleeping-laptop-to/td-p/5775757
Relevancy 58.48%

I am currently troubleshooting about laptop docking station dual monitor combinations all with the same laptop black sleeping when monitor Displayport connecting to... issue nbsp When the laptop is sleeping and then docked the displayport monitor will not wake up nbsp It has to Displayport monitor black when connecting sleeping laptop to... be unplugged and replugged into the docking station each time nbsp nbsp The second screen plugged in via VGA does wake up as I can move the mouse on it but the DP screen will continue to sleep nbsp The setup nbsp nbsp nbsp Elitebook Folio nbsp G docked into a HP Ultraslim docking station nbsp monitors both nbsp dell one connected via Displayport the other VGA nbsp The monitors are some variation of a Dell nbsp s nbsp Steps taken to try and fix Updated ALL drivers on the computer Updated Docking station firmware bios firmware monitor firmware Installed Displaylink and ran the configuration tools Disabled DDC Ci on the monitors Ensured the monitor is set to the DP and not auto select Installed the monitor drivers to look for additional settings nbsp Nothing I have done has had any change nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Displayport-monitor-black-when-connecting-sleeping-laptop-to/td-p/5775864
Relevancy 58.05%

I've just got a new laptop a Samsung RV418, which has a HDMI output. I've tried to get a picture from the laptop to my TV but with no success. The Fn4 key only toggles between the laptop screen and an external monitor but no picture arrives on the TV.

Any suggestions on how to get the HDMI output. I've checked the HDMI cable is OK and that i have specified the right HDMI input on the TV. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate.

A:How do you get HDMI output

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum

If you right click on an empty part of the screen and select screen resolution. your TV should show up here it may need activating see piccy.

I hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/165562-how-do-you-get-hdmi-output.html
Relevancy 58.05%

ACER Aspire 5810TG, windows vista home premium. HDMI cable linked to Tecknika TV. Video works, sound has worked through TV until today at it won't pick up that it's plugged in. Tried rebooting. Tried disabling and enabling, uninstalling and installing Realtek HDMI output ATI HDMI audio. Out of ideas...HELP! =]

A:HDMI output

Can you use the keyboard fn key + another key (whichever one allows you to output the video to another screen)? If you don't know what I'm talking about, there is a keyboard combination which shows a screen that says computer only, duplicate, extend, or projector only. This allows you to direct the video, so you could have the screen show on both the computer and the tv, just the tv, just the computer, etc. It is the fn key + one of the f keys. Mine is f7, but yours probably isn't the same. Just try messing around with the fn key + one of the f keys to get the duplicate, extend, computer only, projector only screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-output.1089764/
Relevancy 58.05%

I need to connect an additional monitor to my new All-In-One touch screen desktop but apparently there is a setting to configure the HDMI port as output. Can anyone help???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-output/td-p/5722912
Relevancy 58.05%

How can I check whether my HDMI output is broken. When I connect external display says "no signal"

A:HDMI output

Hi,Please try to hit F4. By the way: What is your computer and its Operating system ? Did you downgrade/upgrade your machine ? To help us answer question quicker, please read this:   http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/bd-p/HelloRegards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HDMI-output/td-p/5686295
Relevancy 58.05%

I have been trying for 2 week, to no avail, to connect an external monitor to extend my desktop to my ASUS ET2203 through an HDMI cable to an ASUS VE245HA. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon Mobility 4570.
I have:
updated the drivers and Catalyst Command Center
Changed cables
Attempted to force output, but the only output available i through VGA, and it will not output anything
Reset my whole PC to factory setting just in case
Spent over an hour with tech support, who claims it should simply plug and play.
Screwed with the output resolutions.

Nothing has helped.

When i connect the hdmi cable to the back of the PC, there is no automatic discovery in windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:No HDMI output

have you checked your bios settings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/107426-no-hdmi-output.html
Relevancy 58.05%

(computer specs in profile)

i recently bought a decent hdmi cable to go from my laptop to my tv, for the first few times, it worked but now i just cannot get the picture from my laptop to my computer, ive tried using FN and F1 as it is on my laptop, this doesnt work. i also tried going to 'connect to a projector' and 'connect to an external display'.. and still, this didnt work, any help will be much appreiciated.

Relevancy 58.05%

ok recently on 1 of mu computers i brough msi geforce 9500gt with HDMI output for TV
so the problem is i dont have hdmi slot on my tv is there any chance i can get some converter cable from hdmi to svideo coaxial etc
i just want to watch video from my pc on my tv i am not rushing for hdtv yet
sorry for language i do my best

thanks guruman

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-hdmi-output.763910/
Relevancy 58.05%

I can not get the HDMI jack to output to my TV.Is there some setting I need to be changing?I assumed it would work as soon as it was hooked up.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-Output/td-p/5770900
Relevancy 58.05%

hello all i have a hp dv wm laptop and the Hard drive is starting to fail pretty hard core so i went today and bought a SSD for it wait first let me say this the screen is gone like cracked and all white with black spots all over cause it was dropped anyways i installed the SSD onto another computer to install windows which went smooth as possible i put the SSD into the laptop and powered it New output HDMI SSD/No on i hear the windows sounds and all i can see little movement on the laptop screen My main problem is when i plug the HDMI or the VGA in nothing happens on either screen So i was wondering how can i go about getting this fixed so i can install the correct drivers and have a somewhat normally functional laptop ive tried installing the laptop drivers while the SSD was in New SSD/No HDMI output another computer does not work computer New SSD/No HDMI output just crashs due to wrong drivers being installed I cant think of anything and time is ticking with this old hdd which i am currently using yes i know not the best decision ive made any ideas i can use

A:New SSD/No HDMI output

Could I install the basic display driver from microsoft? would that work as a temp fix till i get drivers installed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550074/new-ssdno-hdmi-output/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi All

My first post :

Will be buying a new HD monitor, but I do not have HDMI out or DVI-D out from my CPU so what do I do .Right now I only have VGA output.

A:How to take HDMI output from old CPU which has only VGA

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119395
^
there are vga to hdmi cables, but they WILL NOT WORK. you MUST buy an actual converter like above to convert an analog signal (VGA) to a digital signal (HDMI)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-take-hdmi-output-from-old-cpu-which-has-only-vga.186272/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just bought myself a new Samsung 42 HDTV to use with my ATI Radeon HD 4350(?)

Question is, does my pc now output its graphics in HDMI, or only when i watch HD movies through it? I've looked and looked but no dice so i thought i'd ask you bunch of experts

A:HDMI Output?

Your PC outputs it's video signal via whatever cable is connecting the graphic card to the display. If you have it connected via HDMI then your PC is outputting the video via HDMI. HDMI is just the name of the interface. Whether you're watching HD movies or not, the signal is still being output through HDMI. Your PC doesn't output "HDMI". If it's connected with HDMI, then it outputs in "digital" as HDMI is a digital interface.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/106265-hdmi-output.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey, i have an nVidia Geforce 9200 integrated graphics card in my Acer X1301 system (Windows 7 32 bit). Its being used as a home theatre system that has a plasma screen plugged in via HDMI cable and the tv is connected to a home theatre system via a optical cable.

I am having trouble getting the computer to send 5.1 audio... i have plenty of 6 channel movie files and DVD's but none of them play, if i look at the sound device in device manager 'High Definition Audio Device' it is set as the default and works find using stereo... the device details say that the max channels is 2, i have tried nVidia audio device drivers, Realtek HD device drivers but all only allow 2 channels, is there a way around this???

Ive spent the last 8 hours straight trying to fix this so any help would be great!!!

Thanks, Paul.

A:HDMI 5.1 Output

Quote: Originally Posted by rrafluap

Hey, i have an nVidia Geforce 9200 integrated graphics card in my Acer X1301 system (Windows 7 32 bit). Its being used as a home theatre system that has a plasma screen plugged in via HDMI cable and the tv is connected to a home theatre system via a optical cable.

I am having trouble getting the computer to send 5.1 audio... i have plenty of 6 channel movie files and DVD's but none of them play, if i look at the sound device in device manager 'High Definition Audio Device' it is set as the default and works find using stereo... the device details say that the max channels is 2, i have tried nVidia audio device drivers, Realtek HD device drivers but all only allow 2 channels, is there a way around this???

Ive spent the last 8 hours straight trying to fix this so any help would be great!!!

Thanks, Paul.

Try here: Home Theater Computers - AVS Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/97305-hdmi-5-1-output.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Peoples,
I just received my new Dell UltraSharp u2412m monitor!
Now I try to connect my Dell XPS15 laptop (via its mini displayport connection) to my new monitor via a mini displayport to displayport cable.Sadly it doesnt seem to connect and the monitor instantly goes into Power Save Mode...
What am I doing wrong here? Is this possible/compatible in the first place?
Thanks very much in advance!
Moris
Ps. the monitor instantly works with an old laptop via vga connection...Plug and play...

A:Problem connecting my XPS15 laptop to my u2412m monitor via displayport

Try using a different connection--hdmi would be best if the laptop has that. You can use a hdmi to dvi cable--same technology and those work. Those can be bought for less than $10.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19433952
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
I can't seem to get the HDMI output on my XPS15 to work.
I connect the laptop to a Sony Bravia FullHD TV, but nothing happens.
I made sure that the HDMI cable was not at fault using another laptop, but it is fine.

Do I need to enable something?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990151
Relevancy 57.19%

My HDMI display will not give me full screen. I am allowed letterbox but my actual viewing area is cut off by 2" on top and bottom only. I've gone into display properties, tried to change size and multiply displays to no avail. What can I do to get full screen? Any  assist and input is appreciated.. gwill71731

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-Output-Display/td-p/5847449
Relevancy 57.19%

My HDMI display will not give me full screen. I am allowed letterbox but my actual viewing area is cut off by 2" on top and bottom only. What cna I do to get full screen?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HDMI-Output-Display/td-p/5847451
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Back with Big Problem.

Terrible sound lately and found out this problem. Now I did a lot of finding out and know now I need to change things in my BIOS.

Normally by using the F2 command on starting ( Dell inspiron M501R ). Well, it opens but the arrows don't work.

I am on windows 7 sp 1 64 bit. Is there any other way to get into my BIOS ???

Cannot look or listen to any thing with this horrible noise. It started from one second to the other while looking to QI.

Already, thanks for your help and time,

Thelma

A:ATI HDMI output is unplugged

Thelma just how old is this machine? - a Google is telling me it is from around 2010 so I am thinking the CMOS battery may be a tad under voltage (it controls the BIOS)

Now a few more specs would be nice too
System Info - See Your System Specs

Unfortunately I don't know of any software that will show up volts within a laptop - apart from taking it apart and physically measuring that battery with a multimeter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/370636-ati-hdmi-output-unplugged.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone I have a problem with my HDMI output I have a Problem, HDMI Output PLEASE HELP Dell Inspiron running Vista Home Premium bit I recently discovered that I can hook my laptop to my in LG HDMI Output Problem, PLEASE HELP Plasma display via HDMI and do homework large and in charge Unfortunately it has stopped HDMI Output Problem, PLEASE HELP working Everything worked fine for a few days I just plugged my cable into the back of the tv clicked quot Connect HDMI Output Problem, PLEASE HELP to Display quot in my quot Personalize quot window from the desktop right-click drop-down menu and everything worked perfectly I have not adjusted the refresh rate or resolution or any other setting for that matter When I came home from school today I repeated all the same steps but now when I plug the cable into the computer the sound when you plug into a port aka dooDEE I know I'm nuts just say it to yourself keeps going back and forth between plugged in and unplugged DEEdoo Repeatedly over and over as if I would keep plugging it in and unplugging it again As if there is a problem with a driver I have searched all through the device manager for 's and disabled the HDMI Audio Output Codec then re-enabled as well as reset my plasma display to default settings The personalize panel also cycles through quot Display Connected quot and quot No Display Detected quot during this time Please if you're a guru extend some help if you're gonna ask if the tv is plugged into the wall don't waste our time Any help from knowledgable sources will be much appreciated as I really do not want to pay Dell to walk me through something that is probably very simple I might add I recently acquired this computer from my mother so obviously there is no prior restore point as she does not know what that is I already tried that Please PLEASE help me out as the big screen is much easier to do homework on Thanks so much and God bless Thanks again Rick

A:HDMI Output Problem, PLEASE HELP

hi, have you tried updating the graphics drivers, most of the time, the drivers are most usually at fault as you've stated previously
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=245580

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/292301-hdmi-output-problem-please-help.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a hp pavilion g7 laptop that does not have sound. How do I fix this problem?

A:AMD HDMI output - not plugged in

Hi welcome to the forum

check the default playback device is set to the hdmi audio

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/374882-amd-hdmi-output-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there guys!Im having an issue with the HDMI output of  my laptop. Model is HP 14r-003la, was purchased 10 months ago and it came with WIN8.1.I installed windows 7 Ultimate 64bits a couple weeks ago, and after the windows update process retreived all the needed packages , I verified this issue started.So, I tried to download the video driver from the HP website, but when trying to install it, says "your computer does not meet the minimum requirements". The OS has Service Pack 1 installed.I did not find any other post with the same issue. Video is working, but the HDMI output is the problem here.Would appretiate some help on it. Thanks!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-output-not-working/td-p/5737670
Relevancy 57.19%

My laptop crashed when removing the HDMI cable... totally dead... had to pull the battery to get it restarted. Now unfortunately the HDMI output is no longer recognizing the TV unless there is a second VGA monitor connected. Does this sound like a hardware issue?

A:HDMI output not working.

Sure sounds like it.

But first, go to Control Panel > Display > Change Display Settings > and click the Detect button with the HDMI connected to the TV.

I have been operating under the assumption that you should never "hot plug" HDMI connections. Turn off the laptop and TV, connect the cable, then turn them on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/176319-hdmi-output-not-working.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi output Pavilion 15 HP hdmi allI have an HP Pavilion -bc nx with Integrated Intel HD Graphics and a dedicated GTX M gb I want to use the HDMI out to use my p TV as a monitor to watch a movie or play a game while closing the laptop lid When I do so the game becomes very laggy and slow unplayable When I run Fraps it give me fps This happens also when I open the lid and choose duplicate displays and adjust the resolution to p as well as when I close the lid and choose show display HP Pavilion 15 hdmi output only HP Pavilion 15 hdmi output the TV In both cases When I play the game while duplicating displays it runs ultra smooth on the laptop display and at the same time still laggy and jittery on the TV yet both HP Pavilion 15 hdmi output diplays give fps nbsp I am sure it is not a hardware problem but how to solve this problem Any kind of adjustments or settings I can modify N B I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the new ones for both intel and nvidia from HP website also I tried another TV nbsp Hope someone would help meThanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-15-hdmi-output/td-p/5736537
Relevancy 57.19%

Sony PC to Toshiba TV- no sound. I have used this many times without a problem. I've checked the cable and tried other HDMI inputs on TV. Computer is Sony w/ I3 chip running windows 7. thanks

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I recently bought a Sapphire hd and was briefly able to use the card s built in audio function via an hdmi cable to my television I stopped for roughly a week and when I next tried to use the sound again it didn t work Within that period of time I installed some Realtek drivers for my audio so I could have that cool function where when a new device is plugged in it is detected and a menu comes up This shouldn HDMI Plugged Not In Output ATI t pose any problem with my previous setup explained though should it When I right click the volume function in the Quick Launch area and go to quot Playback Devices quot I am able to see my ATI High Definition Audio Device with a picture of my television but it says below that it is not plugged in im running windows if that offers any help Thanks to anyone who can lend a helpful tip in my strange predicament nbsp ATI HDMI Output Not Plugged In

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-hdmi-output-not-plugged-in.142604/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I would like to know if it is possible to get this working I have an HP G Notebook with an Nvidia Geforce M running with Vista basic bits HDMI Component? to Output I have an HDMI output plug an HD TV CRT monitor with component and s-video inputs HDMI Output to Component? I got a cable with an HDMI plug on one end and HDMI Output to Component? component plugs at the other end When I plug my computer on the monitor via this cable I get absolutely no reaction not even in the peripheral panel I get a short slight sound on my TV though but nothing is showing and no further sound is heard I try to expand my display to a second screen into Windows display panel but it does not do anything I try to force TV detection in NVidia but the box that I should tick for that is grey and I cannot activate this My drivers are up to date and I have tried loging in as Administrator under Vista after having activated the admin account in cmd No improvement Is it just not possible or does anybody have any idea Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

After the windows 10 update, I no longer have audio coming from my tv when i run my hdmi through it.  I have the intel 4600 graphics card with the IDT High Definition Audio Codec installed if that helps at all.

A:No Audio Through HDMI Output (TV)

Hi: See if the instructions I provided to this forum member at the link below also work for you... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-sound-to-tv-when-using-HDMI-from-computer/m-p/5686914... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Audio-Through-HDMI-Output-TV/td-p/5709451
Relevancy 57.19%

first heres my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free output problem HDMI - MB Motherboard Acer JM -MS Base Board Version Base Board Serial Number Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled for some strange reason unbeknown to me my HDMI port just stoped working out of the blue the HDMI output problem system was still under warrenty and i thought it was a hardwear problem so i sent it in for repair just got it back today but still nothing i have tried different cables and also different ports on my tv also i went to the acer site and DLed the driver pack for the VGA which had old drivers inside it installed those and still no luck not sure exactly what hardwear to remover from the devie manager to try and just reinsatll it mayb e that will work any other ideas besides a system wipe nbsp

A:HDMI output problem

well I want to thank all 87+ people who have viewed this forum and i just want to say **** you thanks for not helping

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-output-problem.983361/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, friends!
I'm tired off looking for answer.
So I came here to look for help, I know you're smarter than me.
I have ASUS Notebook X53U - SX155V
So my problem is AMD HDMI Output - Not Plugged In . And my PC don't have sound at all. Even microphone don't work. I think it's not drivers fault, because I reinstall them for few times. But maybe I can't get the right drivers..
So.. I'm worried about this:
I think you understand, what's the problem.
And this pic (I'm not sure how to tell about it, because of bad english, but I hope you understand)
This error apears when I want to turn on songs on WinAmp

Please help me!

A:AMD HDMI Output - Not Plugged In

Uhmmm if it's hooked up to the TV you need to Disable the on board sound and the AMD card will automatically kick in

You have to disable the onboard to use HDMI sound from the card and when your done unplug and re enable onboard sound

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/317727-amd-hdmi-output-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi

I have a HP pavillion dv6 and cannot get sound to transfer via HDMI ?

I have icons for Headphones/speakers and bluetooth handsfree but no icon for HDMI how do I restore icon as i think this may be the problem ?

Any shortcuts - advise will be appreciated on my old laptop there were function keys that controlled HDMI out put surely there must be one on this system ??

Confussed

A:no sound output on tv through hdmi ??

did you download and install the hdmi drivers ? is it listed in (device manager\ sound)?
scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/134439-no-sound-output-tv-through-hdmi.html
Relevancy 57.19%

A while back I purchased a Creative Labs external USB sound card for my notebook.
It seems ever since I installed the drivers for the external sound card,
I am unable to receive sound through my notebook's HDMI output.
Can anyone help with this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-sound-via-hdmi-output.964442/
Relevancy 57.19%

this is driving me nuts

basically i have a motherboard with a dvi input and hdmi input.
i have my monitor connected via a dvi port
i have my tv connected via a hdmi port

however once i plug the tv in, my monitor is undetected even when i search for it only the tv is found. i have to connect the monitor via hdmi again for it to be seen then the tv will go blank obviously. is there anyway to output both at the same time?

my video card is intergrated ati 4520
my monitor is connected to the motherboard port in a weird way. from the monitor its a dvi to hdmi cable, then using a female hdmi converter into a male dvi connected to the dvi port

Relevancy 57.19%

Okay so, my computer recently crashed and had to reformat it.. lost everything

Everything was working just fine, until I had to reformat.

Now, I have no sound at all coming from my headphones and it says that the AMD HDMI Output is not plugged in.
I don't really know how to fix this..

Before reformatting, I was using these 2:
http://computerwizard.co.uk/files/wp.../vga_cable.jpg
http://www.pcforce.co.nz/bmz_cache/4...ge.281x270.jpg
But then switched to this:
http://www.konecable.com/ZenCart/images/hdmitodvi.jpg
I don't know if this can affect anything..

Here's what I have
Headphones: Astro A50
Monitor: Asus VE278Q
Graphics Card: AMD Redeon HD 7570
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/29898-amd-hdmi-output-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 57.19%

So I'm using an M73 Mini Tower with 1 VGA and 1 Display Port output as a PC for a dashboard that's to display stats and different data refreshing in internet browser windows. Our IT department has purchased two VIZIO 50' TVs and we have the PC mounted behind the TVs which are also mounted on the wall. We have one of the TVs connected by using a DisplayPort to HDMI cable and it has an active video signal. Here's the problem. We're trying to get the other TV connected as a second monitor through the TV's HDMI input, but the TV doesn't recognize the PC output. We've tried using a VGA cable with a StarTech.com HD2VGAMICRO converter. We've also tried a VGA to RGB converter cable which also failed miserably. Any suggestions?

Mod:  edited title for clarity

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:M73 Tower - Output to 2 HDMI TVs

You've got that Startech adapter backwards.  It is FROM HDMI TO VGA, not the other way around.

You can't feed an HDMI display device from VGA onboard.  Your easiest solution is just to install a discrete graphics card (which I'm guessing you don't have in your M73).  Something low-power like this Sapphire AMD low-profile R7-250 is modestly priced, and comes with both low-profile and full-size brackets.

Since you have a mid-tower case, your options go beyond this suggestion, but you have to stick with a low-power card.  Somewhat more expensive is the Gigabyte GTX 750ti OC card, again with low-profile or full-size bracket.  Better performance specs than the AMD card, but you may not need its performance.

Finally, there is the low-power EVGA GTX 750ti SC card, which is full-size but shorter.  Best performance, but again a bit more money.

I don't know anything about the inside of the M73, but the description talks about "half-length full-size PCIe x16" expansion slot.  I don't know what "half-length" might imply, but the full-size EVGA card is actually the "shortest" of the three so it is actually the most likely to fit in your case.  The first two are low-profile height cards and are thus longer but less high.  All three are under 60W power and should work fine with the PSU of the M73.

All three of these cards have multiple digital connectors (HDMI, DP, and DVI) and no VGA connector.  The AMD card has miniDP and microHDMI but the box includes adapter dongles so that you can use normal cables to go to your Vizio TVs.  Since you want two HDMI connections, you will need an inexpensive miniDP->HDMI or DP->HDMI cable for the second one (depending on which card you go with).

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M73-Tower-Output-to-2-HDMI-TVs/td-p/3325208
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, Im having a major problem, no sound to my TV, I did a custom build using gigabyte mobo GA-78lmt-usb3 5.0 version , Im running windows 7 ult x64 and my sound does work but only after i restart my computer or simply just unplug and plug back in my HDMI cable but the sound goes away when i power off my tv and then back on, when i power tv back on i get the AMD HDMI is not plugged in and it is grayed out also a red X on my speaker icon in lower right hand corner, i have installed every driver update I even called and was in contact with tech support from gigabyte and they claim they cant get the problem to duplicate on their end, they sent me out a new board but same exact problem, and yes ive done all the obvious, new cables, plugged into diff TV im stuck and need help

A:AMD HDMI output not plugged in

you seem to know what your are talking about and doing, please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/357749-amd-hdmi-output-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys, I have an ASUS s550C running windows 8 and my HDMI to my 32" RCA flatscreen doesn't work anymore. The cable works fine with the xbox, correct tv modes, but now as soon as I plug in the HDMI to the Ultrabook the Ultrabooks screen goes black and the tv screen says unsupported. What gives? I have tried extended, 2nd screen only, and all screen settings, 720/1080I etc. Ideas?

A:HDMI output not working

Any chance your individual problems are somehow related? Did they both happen at the same time? Did you do something right before?

Need some Windows 8 Homegroup help

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/32557-hdmi-output-not-working.html