Windows Support Forum

Acer Aspire 5750 Shuts down after few seconds of powering up.

Q: Acer Aspire 5750 Shuts down after few seconds of powering up.

Hi everyone

My laptop Acer aspire 5750 shuts down after few seconds at power on. I have checked the ram, hd, battery, power pack on a similar brand laptop and are all working good.

I removed the fan and heat sinks, cleaned them plus the inside cover. After all this I had every thing back together powered on machine and found fault still persists.

At the moment right now I think I have a faulty mother board caused by a short.

I need assistance if anyone can help me get around fixing this fault.

Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer Aspire 5750 Shuts down after few seconds of powering up.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer Aspire 5750 Shuts down after few seconds of powering up.

If you think it's caused by a short, you'd have to remove the board from the shell, lay it on cardboard, and try and power it up that way.

If everything is secured in place, I'd lean towards motherboard failure as well.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/acer-aspire-5750-shuts-down-after-few-seconds-powering-up-276769/
Relevancy 84.01%

My personal laptop has shut down several times after the power button was pressed. In some cases it powers and and boots up to the windows screen or sometimes halfway to the windows screen and shuts down.

I checked with a similar model laptop and confirmed ram, hd, battery, power pack are all working good.

I stripped laptop and cleaned cooling fan, inside cover and heat sink. I even removed the dvd drive and cpu.

After putting back every thing and retested my the fault still persists.

I am suspecting I may have a faulty mb may be caused by a short somewhere.

I really need assistance here to work around this fault to get the machine working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-shutting-down-after-few-seconds-after-power.1163327/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello all.
My sister in laws Acer aspire 5750z-4885 was recently sat on and the screen is cracked. I was going to replace it for her but before I order a new screen I was wondering if it is even just the screen and not something else that I cannot repair. The laptop since getting the screen cracked will shut off after powering up in about 4-7 seconds or so I haven't used a stop watch lol.
I am wondering if perhaps there is a short or some other dmg caused by the screen being cracked that will not be remedied by replacing it. I have limited experience with cracked lappy screens. Thank you all so much for any and all replies I love this board and it has helped me many times in the past.

A:Acer aspire 5750z-4885 shuts off after 4 to 7 seconds

Yes, the cracked LCD screen can be the cause of the shutdown. Replacing the LCD panel is not that difficult for someone experienced, but for you it might be too much. You have to disassemble the top cover without breaking the plastic. The video cable might not be included with the new panel, so you would have to use the old cable. The cable connection to the panel is very delicate...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5750z-4885-shuts-off-after-4-to-7-seconds.191911/
Relevancy 90.73%

It sounds as though I m shuts powering up... after seconds PC off having the same problem or a very similar one as dmdmkm on a PC I m working on I ve worked on computers for years and this is PC shuts off seconds after powering up... the first time I have come across this problem I was PC shuts off seconds after powering up... brought an eMachines T AMD Athlon w W power supply that would no longer boot when the power button was pressed My first guess was that either the power supply was dead the power switch on the tower was broken or the motherboard was fried To kill two birds with one stone I bought a new tower with a W power supply and transferred all the components over to it Now when I go to boot the PC it powers up for - seconds and then shuts right off The only things plugged into this motherboard are a PCI modem and a stick of memory MB DDR PC everything else is built into the motherboard If anyone has a suggestion that can help me either fix this problem or narrow the problem down so that I can identify exactly what s wrong with the PC so I won t have to go though all of this again if it ever shows up in a future PC it would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

I've checked out Acer 124 BCCODE on 5750 Aspire the forums fairly throughly but I still am not having any luck nbsp Right now I'm installing the WDK so I can decipher the minidmp so I'll add that shortly nbsp I'm running a Aspire nbsp Windows -bit Intel i M gb Dual Channel DDR Mhz - - - ACER JE HR mobo WD hard drive nbsp I bought it second hand - I'm experienced enough that pulling parts and testing things doesn't bother me but this has me stumped nbsp BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750 When ever I stream video and less often download software it crashes with a BSOD which generally means heat overclocking instability or damaged hardware nbsp The fan wasn't working right - so I thought easy fix - replace the fan clean everything up and redo the thermal paste nbsp Still happened nbsp So now it gets more problematic nbsp Stress tested the GPU with FurMark - mins - no crashes Stress tested the CPU with Prime - mins - no crashes no errors no warnings Temperature never goes above 'Disabled' Turbo by setting the power for the processor to less than nbsp Still happens Chkdsk this is a fresh Windows install with nothing more than Chrome and some windows updates added - hard disk comes back clean instantly I'll be replacing this in the future anyway with a TB M T Samsung Memory test - had an gig sodimm in it to begin with nbsp It was not and only one nbsp This tested out with an error in the first pass nbsp I thought AH HAH got you nbsp So I replaced it with the exact memory this beast calls for Two sodimms - gig each nbsp So that everything is optimal nbsp Did a memtest - all is good nbsp Nope still crashes nbsp So do I try to replace the HD nbsp Or give up and replace the mobo nbsp Or wait til the WDK downloads which caused me to crash a few minutes ago nbsp The fact that it crashes when I'm downloading or streaming makes me think it's the harddrive in spite of it testing clean nbsp Right now I'm unemployed so the unhelpful suggestion of buying a new laptop as the parts I'd need are way less than a new laptop would be isn't needed nbsp

A:BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750

Update: I think it may be the HD. Was running the extended test through WD diagnostic and after 41 mins it crashed with that BSOD.  Near the end of the diagnostic.  Hmmm... Appears a new HD is in order.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/BCCODE-124-on-Acer-Aspire-5750/td-p/424256/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.01%

I am using a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with vist home edition. when i utrn on the computer a toshiba sceen pops up and within seconds the laptop shuts down. there are also times when it shuts off while i'm using it. How do i fix this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-shuts-off-within-first-10-seconds-of-powering-on.1078010/
Relevancy 89.01%

I put my laptop on sleep mode last night in error - I usually use Hibernate.When I cam eto turn it on this morning then nothing happens.The blue power light is on but the screen is black.I have tried switching off and on again but nothing happens. Also removing the battery.Help?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-not-coming-out-of-sleep/td-p/451839
Relevancy 89.01%

I only know my laptop can play blue-ray disc movies, but that's it. I don't wanna buy foreign made DVD's just to find out they won't work because my laptop can't play DVD's made of a different system. If someone could help me with this that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.  :-)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Is-my-Acer-Aspire-5750-s-DVD-player-PAL-NTSC-TV-system/td-p/462993
Relevancy 89.01%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521
Relevancy 89.01%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 87.72%

Just built a new computer ASUS m n -D mobo AMD Quad Core GB Corsair RAIM EVGA GTX Brand new off for itself powering 4-5 PC shuts after custom built seconds up graphics card NZXT Ultimate Cooling Chassis Took a GB harddrive out of my old computer a gateway It ran like a champ for approximately weeks Now it will not power up at all when I press the power button When I unplug the PSU or flip the off switch on the PSU and then plug it back it the computer immediately begins to try to power up without me even pressing the power button It will begin to power up for about seconds lights up Brand new custom built PC shuts itself off after powering up for 4-5 seconds CPU fan starts case fans start monitor lights up etc but then will immediately shut itself off At first I thought it might be the power button cord on the chassis and I fiddled with the connections on that and then I pressed the power button and it began to start Again however it shut itself down after a couple seconds After the first time messing with the power button connection the power button will not do anything ever The computer still attempts to start itself after being unplugged and plugged back in but always dies nbsp

A:Brand new custom built PC shuts itself off after powering up for 4-5 seconds

Do two things, updated your specs in your profile and lookin in your case, tell us what psu you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-custom-built-pc-shuts-itself-off-after-powering-up-for-4-5-seconds.121358/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am unable to use the scroll on my pad, this is really annoying as i have to use the slide bar at the side of each window.
Can anyone please help, i'm a bit of a novice with computers too.

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Scroll probem with smartpad

Nearly 300 views and no ideas from anyone? Do i need some more info in here or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219806-acer-aspire-5750-scroll-probem-smartpad.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

Could anyone show me the steps of changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493?

Thanks,
jd

Relevancy 87.72%

My laptop won't boot after I changed the video configuration settings in the bios. Any time I turn on the laptop it just makes a clicking noise & switches itself back off so I cannot change the settings back.
I have tried to reset the cmos battery but I have been unable to remove the keyboard to get to it.
is there a way I can get my laptop working again?

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Won't Boot After Changes in Bios Settings

With your receipt, take laptop to any busines-oriented computer store [for example I've used Altex in AustinTX], let them fix the problem for you. Once, they've fixed your laptop, make changes in video configurations in Windows OS, after making external media backups of your OS partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376548-acer-aspire-5750-wont-boot-after-changes-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi folks
I've got an Aspire 5750 laptop and am having network problems.
My network is a Workgroup, all machines running flavours of Win7.
FROM the Aspire I can log into the other comps and access the disks on them.
TO the Aspire: in explorer on another machine I can see the symbol and name (ACER-I5) of the Aspire but cannot connect to it.
Network diagnostics states:
------------------------------------
Problems found
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the
device or recsource (ACER-I5) is not responding.
------------------------------------
Any suggestion as to what to look for to solve this would be most welcome as I am somewhat of a network novice.
Regards
Bob

A:Problems with Acer Aspire 5750 network connection

Try removing the Microsoft Virtual Mini Wi-fi Adapter.

As far as I'm aware, it's something Microsoft has introduced for connecting to a wireless hotspot so if you've no need for it just delete it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217626-problems-acer-aspire-5750-network-connection.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have an Acer Aspire Recently wireless connection has been spotty on my computer Phone and other laptops in household work normal using our Wifi On my Acer there is the F button that you re supposed to turn Acer / Aspire wireless Can't 5750 adapter network on press with the Function button to enable disable wireless Unfortunately that Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750 key and other keys on one side of the laptop are broken So I use a wireless keyboard that doesn t have that F wireless button Problem is I can t turn quot on quot the wireless function on my computer There is no small switch on the external body of the laptop Every time I tried to connect to my Wifi I get a notice that it couldn t connect and to reset my network adapter The network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced N is enabled when I check the Device Manager Says it s working normal Without pressing the F button function I can t find get to that screen to enable the Wifi Any help would be awesome Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I know nothing about problem name: BlueScreen Acer - 5750 [SOLVED] Aspire event the actual software or hardware of my laptop [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen I just know how to go to different sites Lately my laptop keeps randomly cutting to a blue screen with white text usually occurs without warning but the laptop will restart itself and everything will return to running normally until the next appearance of the blue screen The laptop is just over years old and came installed with Windows OS - Windows x -bit or x I'm don't know what that means The online specs say that it was a -bit What was original installed OS on system I think it was I'm so sorry I was given to laptop as a gift Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer It was pre-installed Age of system hardware - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No CPU - What does this mean Video Card - What does this mean MotherBoard - What does this mean Power Supply - -cell Lithium-ion battery System Manufacturer - Acer Inc Exact model number - Aspire - G Mnkk S N LXR B SNID I don't know what the last two were but I included them in case they were helpful

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen

Hi,

All of the attached DMP files are of the IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE (4a) bugcheck.

This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.

This is most likely being caused by a problematic and or buggy device driver, so let's go ahead and enable Driver Verifier to get further information:

Driver Verifier:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.
If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・ Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.

My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?

They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump

Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-5750-problem-event-name-bluescreen-720201.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Today my AIO went kaput! Refuses to power up for no reason. Power Cord is working fine. 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire U5-610 is not powering up.

aeromell,

Here are some steps to perform:

Remove power from the desktop.
Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
Plug power back in to the desktop.
Press the power button to turn on the desktop.

All-in-Ones with internal battery (as applicable):

Remove power from the desktop.
Look for a battery reset pinhole near the power port for the desktop.
Plug power back in to the desktop.
Press the power button to turn on the desktop.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-U5-610-is-not-powering-up/td-p/359846
Relevancy 82.99%

hi.
My acer battery was getting bad and my computer suggested I change it. Now with my charger plugged in(with or without battery) my laptop will power down after 15-20mins. I have ordered a new battery and will try it but I would have thought my laptop should run fine without one plugged in? Any idea the cause of this? My laptop would run for several hours on safe mode but even now safe mode is being powered down

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5334-powering-off.211242/
Relevancy 82.99%

hi.
My acer battery was getting bad and my computer suggested I change it. Now with my charger plugged in(with or without battery) my laptop will power down after 15-20mins. I have ordered a new battery and will try it but I would have thought my laptop should run fine without one plugged in with charger? Any idea the cause of this? My laptop would run for several hours on safe mode but even now safe mode is being powered down

A:Acer aspire 5334 keeps powering down

It may not actually be a battery issue. There is power circuitry in a laptop which interacts with the battery as well as charging or powering the laptop. The power circuitry could be faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5334-keeps-powering-down.1146187/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi nbsp An hour ago my computer randomly shut down while I was using it At that time it was connected to the AC adapter and I had just plugged in a USB Hub that also had an external V5-573G charging not Acer Aspire powering or on power source When it shut down I noted that the indicators for power and charge were both switched off in spite of the AC adapter being powered on Moreover I wasn't able to boot the laptop despite the battery being at I tried unplugging the AC adapter and waiting for some time for any stray charges to dissipate and also held the power button for seconds while the AC adapter was unplugged I even tried a spare AC adapter to no avail and found that my adapter was able to charge another Acer laptop I tried searching for a Reset button on the body of the laptop given that this model has a non-removable battery However I wasn't able to find one If this laptop had a removable battery I would have been able to fix it by now However I don't want to nbsp remove the back plate of my laptop and risk losing my warranty It would be much appreciated if someone knew how to fix this without touching the battery through the reset button or an alternate mechanism nbsp Solved Acer Aspire V5-573G not powering on or charging Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire V5-573G not powering on or charging

Never mind, I found the reset button. It's in the middle of the back plate, for anyone who has the same problem.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-573G-not-powering-on-or-charging/td-p/438856/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi guys,

I've got my uncle's Acer Aspire 5536 that I am having some trouble with. He said that the laptop just decided not to work.

When I press the power button absolutely nothing happens.
When I plug my charger in, the power button lights up blue and so does the battery light (Orange when was charging, now blue).

There is still nothing happening when I press the power button though.

I've tried taking the battery and charger out and holding the power button for a few minutes then connect the charger, to no avail!

I popped the casing above the keyboard off to make sure that the power button wasn't just stuck. All seems fine.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

A:Acer Aspire 5536 Not Powering Up. Plugged in and Charges Battery Fine.

see if you get anything with the hard drive removed

any sound when you start like fan running

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5536-not-powering-up-plugged-in-and-charges-battery-fine.1070330/
Relevancy 79.12%

this is my problem my aspire m shuts down seconds into boot cycle but this only happens after i turn it of over night to get the pc started i have to turn the power off at the socket then turn it back on to get the pc to into shuts aspire 10 seconds down m1610 boot start ihave to do this between and times to get it to boot up then it runs fine all day i can restart it and it boots ok ive tried startup repair and it cant find any problems its like it has to warm up each time i turn the power off then on again it gets a bit further into the boot process before it shuts down until it starts and runs fine ive run avast aspire m1610 shuts down 10 seconds into boot antivirus and superantispyware and have found no virus its really doing my head in at the momment im leaving the pc aspire m1610 shuts down 10 seconds into boot running constantly as turning the power on and of or so times cant be good for my pc ive got a dualcore e cpu and gig ram ive had the pc for over years with no problems im wondering could it be the psu or a motherboard failure or something else also i c ant do a complete system restore as it cant locate any back ups which is weird becuase i have backups stored on the pc any help would be greatly appreciated as im pulling my hair out over this thanks nbsp

A:aspire m1610 shuts down 10 seconds into boot

ive just checked all the capasitors in the pc as i heard this could be the problem but there are no bulging or leaking caps,so im back to pulling my hair out again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aspire-m1610-shuts-down-10-seconds-into-boot.981194/
Relevancy 78.69%

My Acer Aspire shuts down loses power - seconds after powering on It started when I was playing a Acer laptop after seconds down shuts video game and the laptop suddenly shut down I thought it was overheating so I let it cool down About an hour later I Acer laptop shuts down after seconds turned it on and it boot normally but min later the laptop shut down again Next time I tried it turned off minutes then seconds later In those s after pressing the power button no errors or beeps occur just the Acer logo screen I even get past Acer logo sometimes or go to Bios password prompt if i press F just before laptop powers off Acer laptop shuts down after seconds This all happened in the course of a few hours laptop was working fine beforehand no overheating think so cause games lagged when laptop was overheating previously If I turn it on again just after it powered off the laptop shuts down in seconds as opposed to seconds if i leave it alone for a while Also according to task manager CPU and RAM usage is normal when shut down happens Tried Cleaning out the fan and the heat sink wasn t that much dust Fan works Applying new silver thermal grease to CPU and GPU after removing the old one Powering on with only one RAM stick then only the other black screen when I take out both Powering on without Wifi card Powering on without the battery only on AC power Then only with the battery in Powering on without Hard Drive Powering on while putting pressure to the middle of the keyboard read that this might pop the CMOS battery to it s slot if that s the problem Pressing the power button for min There are a lot of people with Acer Aspire who have powering on and off in endless loop problem Supposedly GPU reflow helps I don t think my problem is the same though because my laptop shuts down and doesn t restart Also my screen is working This is the only computer I have Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Acer laptop shuts down after seconds

Sounds bad.

Are you able to run Memtest for any length of period? Search for YUMI Multiboot. Download that, install it to a spare USB stick. Download memtest from yumi program. Boot off of stick and run memtest.

If not get a new motherboard/cpu off ebay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-shuts-down-after-seconds.172489/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I m hoping for a bit of help and advice on this issue before I go taking anything apart or delving into the insides of my laptop or taking it to a repair shop When I turn the laptop on I get the Acer screen and then the top left quarter of the screen goes black and the whole thing freezes see the attachment However when I plug the laptop into my TV screen via HDMI it s absolutely freezing) Acer freezing Aspire (and screen 5750 not fine and starts up no problem Even when I take the cable out once it has started up it works Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) fine on just the laptop screen but it s something about the start-up that makes it freeze I also shut it down unplugged the HDMI and started it up again on just the laptop and it worked fine again so really confused about what is going on Has Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) anyone come across something like this before I ve attached my computer specs below too Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-screen-freezing-and-not-freezing.1168938/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,

my acer laptop 7520 shuts itself down after booting for few seconds.
It has Vista but dont think its a software / virus issue. As I got into BIOS / booting menu, it did not stay there. it shuts itself down.

I removed CD rom from laptop but had same result. It has two 1GB rams, I removed them one at a time but had same result. I then removed Harddisk and tried to make it boot from USB, but had same result. It was shutting down after 10 - 30 seconds. I see the Fan running when ever I start the laptop. Fan is very clean. no dust, dont think its a heating problem then.

please can some one advise what could be issue.
thanks.

I ran it on full battery but had same result. Then I removed battery and connected the power cable into laptop, same result. it shuts down after few seconds.

A:Acer laptop 7520 shuts itself down after few seconds

Sounds as though its over heating. You might try taking a can of air and blowing the vents out. If this has not helped. You may need to take it to a repair shop. and have the thermal pads replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-7520-shuts-itself-down-after-few-seconds.200584/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello
i have an acer 5515 laptop. Recently it developed an issue. The computer shuts down within seconds of startup. Safe mode does not help. Could someone please help me with this issue, i can answer any questions needed as far as model, os etc.

thank you for your help.

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello
i have an acer 5515 laptop. Recently it developed an issue. The computer shuts down within seconds of startup. Safe mode does not help. Could someone please help me with this issue, i can answer any questions needed as far as model, os etc.

thank you for your help.

A:acer 5515 notebook shuts down within 3 seconds of startup win vista

What happened prior to the problem? There are many possibilities as to why it would exhibit those behavior. The first thing to check if the CMOS battery is dead or needs replacement. You would have to open up the laptop and read that manual and remove certain parts such as RAM, HD, network card or reseat the CPU and check if there are burn mark on the mobo itself.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470341/acer-5515-notebook-shuts-down-within-3-seconds-of-startup-win-vista/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all nbsp I have my laptop for about years now and use it daily for my work I often put it to sleep Aspire down shuts 573G V5 Acer Randomly instead of shutting it down since I Acer Aspire V5 573G Randomly shuts down take it with me all the time and use it at several places nbsp days ago after putting it to sleep and Acer Aspire V5 573G Randomly shuts down going to a different place I tried turning it on again After pressing the powerbutton is started and I saw the acer logo on the screen but after a second the laptop just shutted down The same thing happened a few times after each other Also note I sometimes had to press the power button or times before something would happen Then the computer stayed on for a longer while but after - minutes just started shutting down again When this happens it first shows the shutting down signal and then abruptly turns off As if it loses power After that I got it to turn on and it worked without problems for the rest of the day and yesterday as well Even though I didn't do anything nbsp Today the same problem occured again Not starting starting for a few seconds and shutting down again then after minutes then after Now it's been running for about minutes nbsp I already tried the battery reset I also opened up the laptop and cleaned out the fans but that didn't help nbsp Two times it also automatically went into recovery mode but when I tried the repair problems options it started to shut down again nbsp TLDR My computer randomly shuts down and have no clue what is going on Does anybody have any idea on what might be the problem or what I might need to try Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp I run windows and BIOS Version Date Insyde Corp V

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-573G-Randomly-shuts-down/td-p/462940
Relevancy 72.24%

hi good day everyone, im having a problem with this switch 10 laptop it wont turn on, after i install some driver of board.. isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated.. after the installation it won't turn on any more.. but there a charging indication... please help me i want to retrieve those data. and is there any way to retrive those data, because when in open the unit, i found out that there is no hdd on it, i'll guess some sort of embedded memory on it is using.. please help me..

A:ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 SHUTS DOWN and WONT TURN ON

>>> i install some driver of board>>> What driver? What board? >>>isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated>>> Bios firmware isn't automatically updated? Did you try to update the bios firmware? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-ASPIRE-SWITCH-10-SHUTS-DOWN-and-WONT-TURN-ON/td-p/445004/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey everyone I've been having this quite annoying problem for a few weeks now more like a set of problems actually Basically over the last few months the laptop's become steadily rubbisher it's been getting slower and the CPU doesn't seem to be able to take as much as it once could E g just being on webcam on gchat will just slow the entire laptop down to the extent that the video becomes super-lagged It won't run many processes simultaneously any more and it's pretty annoying I'm running a dual core AMD Turion RM- processor GHz with gig DDR RAM and Acer Boot 5535 Down [SOLVED] on Aspire Shuts an ATI Radeon [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5535 Shuts Down on Boot HD Gfx card So the major problem here is that when I turn off the laptop even if it's just to restart after installation of something it just won't turn back on It turns off fine seems to be no problem with that but when it boots up again it will just turn off when it gets to the Starting Windows screen I'm running Windows btw When I leave it off for a good fifteen odd minutes then and then only can I restart the laptop and it seems to just about get to windows by the skin of it's teeth I don't feel any cool or hot air coming out of the vents at the bottom which I think means that my fan's probably clogged up and although I sit the laptop on a usb cooling fan it doesn't seem to be enough- would it be worth cleaning the fan out with compressed air or something could that be the solution to my boot problem Running SpeedFan without knowing anything [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5535 Shuts Down on Boot about advanced configuration reveals that my internal fan doesn't rotate but as I said that may be a question of misconfiguration S Another thing I've noticed is that when I right click My Computer and go to properties under Installed RAM and Processor it just says Not Available which seems like a really weird thing to happen S What else it randomly turns off when I run a game Recently when turning on Call of Duty or Crysis it just shuts down with no warning when I get to the menu And then there's the problem of having to wait another mins or so before I can restart There've been no hardware changes I've tried system restore but am not sure if that's a safe bet any more because of it's high frequency restart problem S Was thinking of just reinstalling windows and cleaning the hard drives but I'm still not convinced it's run smoothly again Having had opened up the laptop during summer the heatsink had gone black rather than copper coloured and I read somewhere that this is not a bad thing as it's just been coated for insulation S Though it looks more burnt than anything else to my untrained eye Have run loads of virus scans and I've cleaned the registry and stuff so I don't think it's got anything to do with software The problem was first noticed when I tried to install an external bluetooth dongle without luck actually but I gave up on that and uninstalled all of what had been installed in the process Also I tried to install Office k on it but it just refuses to it encountering errors on setup and stalling the process I think I would have been able to install it fine usually I hope there's something that can be done to clear this all up The laptop's not in the worst state it'll still run OKish in day to day use but watching movies being on webcam even listening to music can make it angry which seems pretty absurd to me considering the system spec is pretty decent- it should be able to handle windows media player with google chrome surely Thanks so much in anticipation Nitish

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5535 Shuts Down on Boot

Hello Nitish and welcome to TSF,

Are you still in warranty? If so, call Acer to set up RMA.

First order of business... Clean out that fan. You should feel some air movement from the rear exhaust vent. That would explain the app crash for games, and possibly the restart issue as well.

If your computer is out of warranty I would suggest opening it up and manually cleaning it out. If it is completely clogged, canned air won't do anything.

I am having trouble finding documentation for your computer.

Second order of business...
Download and run the hard drive manufacturers diagnostic from the link in my signature. If there is an option, make sure you download the DOS utility and burn it to disc.

When you pull apart your laptop, check the label on the HDD for the manufacturer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-5535-shuts-down-on-boot-533003.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have as i mentioned Acer Aspire 7520G with a 8400M GS (256MB GPU)
And after 30min of usage monitor turns off and for again 30min stays black
after 30mins the screen just comes up and everything is normal.
What is the issue! I have all driver (from Acer site) and Win Vista HP x64

A:Solved: Acer Aspire 7520G Monitor shuts off sometimes!

You should try it with an external monitor and see if it happens with it as well. The 8400M GS may be defective, many had issues with bad solder joints and overheating issues breaking them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-7520g-monitor-shuts-off-sometimes.1124668/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guy! So the title basically says my problem.

I have switched power plans, tweaked the settings, looked it up, and other stuff but I can't seem to figure out the problem. This laptop is about a year old and I have never changed any settings (except from different power plans) and it just started doing this recently. The laptop is not physically damaged in any way and neither are the inner workings (programs, code, and such). I would really love to know why this is happening because it shuts down the laptop completely and I need to restart it every time. It is really getting on my nerves because I have to open and close my laptop all the time to tote it around the school campus. If anyone has a fix or suggestions they would be well appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Acer Aspire V5-122P-0649 Shuts down on lid close

Most likely set for sleep or shut down if on battery in Power options. Simple Basic computer 101 stuff.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55526-acer-aspire-v5-122p-0649-shuts-down-lid-close.html
Relevancy 72.24%

hi good day everyone, im having a problem with this switch 10 laptop it wont turn on, after i install some driver of board.. isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated.. after the installation it won't turn on any more.. but there a charging indication... please help me i want to retrieve those data. and is there any way to retrive those data, because when in open the unit, i found out that there is no hdd on it, i'll guess some sort of embedded memory on it is using.. please help me..

A:ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 SHUTS DOWN and WONT TURN ON

>>> i install some driver of board>>> What driver? What board? >>>isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated>>> Bios firmware isn't automatically updated? Did you try to update the bios firmware? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-ASPIRE-SWITCH-10-SHUTS-DOWN-and-WONT-TURN-ON/td-p/445004
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello everyone,

I registered on this forum to get some help. Acer support did not provide me assistance (I have warranty till june 2013).

So the problem is that my computer shuts down after some hours when in stand by. It has happened more than ten times already.

I followed the procedure on how to post this issue on this forum. I uploaded the ZIP file to this forum. If someone can find a solution for this problem, I'd be very thankful.

Kind Regards
Glenn P.

A:My Acer Aspire 5750G Shuts Down After a Few Hours Due to Blue Screen

Welcome
Make a system restore point in the event that you want to restore the changes that you will make.
The cause of your problem is a driver that I am not familiar with it is
Description:Deterministic Network Enhancer for NDIS 5.1 Company:Deterministic Networks, Inc.
I have found this on the Driver
http://www.citrix.com/lang/english/lp/lp_1680845.asp
If you can go to the website and update the driver.
If you are not familiar with it or have software that would use this driver make an anti virus scan
Download and make a full scan with malwarebytes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242287-my-acer-aspire-5750g-shuts-down-after-few-hours-due-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My HD failed ordered new one... need to get a Win 7 home os download.  I have the product code that came with the laptop, jsut need to get the right software.  Help\!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-5750-os/td-p/435219/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

My HD failed ordered new one... need to get a Win 7 home os download.  I have the product code that came with the laptop, jsut need to get the right software.  Help\!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-5750-os/td-p/435219/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

I thought the problem was with the screen as when I attached external monitor the monitor showed windows etc all normally. I changed the screen and then replaced battery and restarted but it still boots up in the main colour of red, have tried re-calibration of colour but this does not correct this issue. Laptop has Intel I5 processor and 8gb of ram and cpu is running cool. Can anyone provide me an answer to this frustrating problem which I thought was the VGA but maybe it could be with the LED cabling which is my next focus!! Open to any solutions from the community , thanks in advance!! Geoff

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there I have an Aspire This has been a great laptop for me but over the past few weeks the power adapter connection has been really sketchy The issue seems to be at the connection where it plugs into the computer itself The power cord seems to come disconnected somehow frequently If I unplug it from the laptop and then put the plug back in again this fixes it for a few seconds but then the power button light starts flashing and it's disconnected again nbsp I was hoping it was an issue with the adapter itself so I bought a replacement one but it isn't any better than the one that came with the power supply Aspire 5750 laptop Is this a common issue I assume it's a problem with the connection inside the laptop where you put the plug in but I'm off warranty and have no idea what to do to fix it Do I need a new laptop While I'm fairly decent with most software programs hardware for me is a totally different Aspire 5750 power supply ballgame Any help would be appreciated nbsp Thanks

A:Aspire 5750 power supply

The power socket is soldered to the power board  and repeated pulling and pushing it can sometimes pull loose or crack a solder connection. You will need to disassemble the laptop to resolder/replace the power board. New board http://www.cdsparts.com/p-3374-new-acer-aspire-5350-5750-5750g-5750z-series-power-board-cable.aspx?C... Disassemble https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maoRU9NhyJo

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750-power-supply/td-p/390145
Relevancy 66.22%

I thought the problem was with the screen as when I attached external monitor the monitor showed windows etc all normally. I changed the screen and then replaced battery and restarted but it still boots up in the main colour of red, have tried re-calibration of colour but this does not correct this issue. Laptop has Intel I5 processor and 8gb of ram and cpu is running cool. Can anyone provide me an answer to this frustrating problem which I thought was the VGA but maybe it could be with the LED cabling which is my next focus!! Open to any solutions from the community , thanks in advance!! Geoff

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 66.22%

HelloI have very wired issue  my laptop freeze randomly .I just browse in the net or write something etc and the laptop freeze.Do you have any idea from where to start or how to fix that issue.I am on winodws 10 64bit

A:Aspire 5750 window 10 issue

Is this temporarily or do you have to reboot ? If you get the spinning circle and it comes back after a while that is different from a solid freeze. Are you using McAfee ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-window-10-issue/td-p/419008/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

I plan on a win 10 upgrade.  any problems with drivers, especially for the synaptics touchpad?

A:windows 10 driver for touchpad, aspire 5750

Well, one windows 7 driver asks works properly or you have not tested Used Google translator

Se eu fosse útil, um Kudos é apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como Solução se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor.Acer Aspire 5733 - 6668 Core I3 4GB 1066 2X2,HD 500 , Windows 10 Pro Insider 19393.5

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/windows-10-driver-for-touchpad-aspire-5750/td-p/444586
Relevancy 65.79%

I plan on a win 10 upgrade.  any problems with drivers, especially for the synaptics touchpad?

A:windows 10 driver for touchpad, aspire 5750

Well, one windows 7 driver asks works properly or you have not tested Used Google translator

Se eu fosse útil, um Kudos é apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como Solução se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/windows-10-driver-for-touchpad-aspire-5750/td-p/444586/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a problem which suddenly appeared, after years of use with no problem.  It is just this one device, Aspire laptop, that has the problem (we have 2 smartphones, 2 desktops, 2 laptops and a tablet).  So nothing wrong with network, router etc.  It's a problem for this one computer only. 1) laptop will initially connect to network, automatically as one would expect.2) after several minutes of use it will state that there is no longer an internet connection (at that moment other devices connected no problem and router signals all look good).3) closing browser and re-opening does no good.4) doing a restart of the computer ALWAYS fixes the problem, it comes back up with WiFi connection, but it will lose the signal again, same way in another several minutes. Should I purchase and replace the WiFi card myself?  I have replaced boards in computers several times over the years and understand the precautions.

A:Aspire 5750-6677 won't hold Wi-Fi connection

Hi uphiller Yes, if you're capable of it, then replacing it will be OK. It certainly sounds like yours has an intermittent fault! However, you could use a wireless USB dongle like this:A cheaper & easier way of doing it!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-5750-6677-won-t-hold-Wi-Fi-connection/td-p/404357
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a problem which suddenly appeared, after years of use with no problem.  It is just this one device, Aspire laptop, that has the problem (we have 2 smartphones, 2 desktops, 2 laptops and a tablet).  So nothing wrong with network, router etc.  It's a problem for this one computer only. 1) laptop will initially connect to network, automatically as one would expect.2) after several minutes of use it will state that there is no longer an internet connection (at that moment other devices connected no problem and router signals all look good).3) closing browser and re-opening does no good.4) doing a restart of the computer ALWAYS fixes the problem, it comes back up with WiFi connection, but it will lose the signal again, same way in another several minutes. Should I purchase and replace the WiFi card myself?  I have replaced boards in computers several times over the years and understand the precautions.

A:Aspire 5750-6677 won't hold Wi-Fi connection

Hi uphiller Yes, if you're capable of it, then replacing it will be OK. It certainly sounds like yours has an intermittent fault! However, you could use a wireless USB dongle like this:A cheaper & easier way of doing it!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-5750-6677-won-t-hold-Wi-Fi-connection/td-p/404357/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

Anyone had any success getting this model to run under Windows 10? Mine just randomly locks up completely, requiring a complete power down and restart.

A:Aspire 5750-9292 Randomly Locks Up

Acer doesn't support this laptop for Windows 10 and has no drivers for it. Check Device Manager for problem drivers and try to find Win 10 versions. Install them one by one until you find one that works or roll back Win 10 to your previous build of Windows. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-9292-Randomly-Locks-Up/td-p/391361/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

I have been  seeing lots of event id 11 cdrom errors in my event log for the last few weeks, is my drive failing?Computer is running Windows 7 and according to system information there are no problem devices.If I put a disc in it, you can see it light up but thats all, nothing else happens, no other message is shownI've tried reinstalling it but still no joy, any other suggestions I could try especially as it hasnt been used that often,Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750-multi-drive-error/td-p/449560
Relevancy 65.79%

Anyone had any success getting this model to run under Windows 10? Mine just randomly locks up completely, requiring a complete power down and restart.

A:Aspire 5750-9292 Randomly Locks Up

Acer doesn't support this laptop for Windows 10 and has no drivers for it. Check Device Manager for problem drivers and try to find Win 10 versions. Install them one by one until you find one that works or roll back Win 10 to your previous build of Windows. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-9292-Randomly-Locks-Up/td-p/391361
Relevancy 64.93%

I've noticed over the last few weeks that my laptop is running slower than usual. It's 7 months old. I'm not to sure exactly what is causing this i'm not very computer savey and could use some help please. I've ran anti virus checks and they've come up clear. All help is greatly appreciated. The laptop specifications are

Brand: Acer
Model: Aspire 5750
Itel core i7 2ghz
4gb ram DDR3

Thanks again

A:Aer Aspire 5750 Windows 7 64bit running slow

Generally windows gets slow with age. Have you installed many program's, are there many icons near the system clock? A lot of program's have services set to run at startup even though its really not need. If there are a lot this can use up ram, slowing the system.

Although with your spec, that would take some doing. Always try and use at least two virus scanners. Download malwarebytes (free) and give a scan with that. If your system uses a traditional hard drive ( not SSD) make sure it has been defragmented.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/300158-aer-aspire-5750-windows-7-64bit-running-slow.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Sorry I am no expert at computing but I ll do my best If I am wrong at anything please correct me I have a Acer Aspire laptop Launch (Acer Manager Dritek 5750) running Windows OS Lately Dritek Launch Manager (Acer 5750) I have noticed that when I use the Fn keys on my PC it performs a function but it doesn t show any icon on the screen and more importantly doesn t show the Launch Manager when I press Fn F not enabling me to turn my bluetooth on or off Also sometimes the drivers for most of my network adapters according to Device Manager Dritek Launch Manager (Acer 5750) I have a code error This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code Once I couldn t connect to the wifi but when I reset my Launch Manager driver using Acer eRecovery Management The wifi could connect Now I can connect to the wifi but I would very much like to use launch manager to turn my bluetooth off Any help would be much appreciated and please keep it simple for noobs like me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dritek-launch-manager-acer-5750.1074808/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello all I've had this problem on and off for almost a year My Acer laptop will randomly drop the connection to my router modem Often I will be wireless) dropping (Broadcom Acer 5750 browsing on Firefox or another browser when suddenly the page requested will crawl along and a quot page cannot be displayed quot will occur Often if I wait a few minutes shut down the browser or laptop reboot and it's good to go again The odd part is Windows will not always show a bad connection on the wireless icon on the toolbar Sometimes there will be the yellow connection issue but often the connection shows as working fine I have tried many times with a clean install of Windows Home bit clean and up to date drivers from Acer I updated the BIOS a few days ago but the problem remains Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping It is not a major problem but it occurs at least a few times a day I also tried putting linux on the hard drive for a few days no dropped connections but then again it was not tested very much The driver used is Broadcom The actually modem router setup seems to be fine as I never get dropped connections on my Android tablet and devices The wife never complains of problems on her Samsung laptop Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping which is running Windows Stater her Android tablets are good too I am Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping not entirely convinced running Linux resolved the issue as I never fully tested it Possible network adapter dying Would love some suggestions thank you

A:Acer 5750 (Broadcom wireless) dropping

This type of wireless disconnect problem can be caused by a million different things but the most likely problem is the power saving feature being turned on.

You can turn this off by going into Device Manger and opening up Network Adaptors, right click the wireless adaptor you are using then click on Properties, you will have the option to turn off power saving in the power management tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/320843-acer-5750-broadcom-wireless-dropping.html
Relevancy 64.5%

First hello all, now i bought a computer Acer aspire 5750. There isn?t one driver and I on?t know wich driver to install? Can somebody send my a link with right driver please?

A:acer 5750 nvidia driver problem.

If it really nvidia NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Automatically Detect NVIDIA Products

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/248226-acer-5750-nvidia-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 64.07%

i got a new motherboard its a asus p4p800x and my computer randomly shuts down after around 30ish or so seconds for no reason im curious what could cause such a problem it does it in bios/windows or any activity you do.

my full computer specs are

p4p800x motherboard
p4EE 3.0gighz w/ ht
2 512 ocz 400mhz pc3200 ddr ram
128mb ati radeon 9200
2 hd's 20gig WD and 200gig WD
cdrw 32x 8x 32x
3-1/2 floppy
onboard sound

hope one of you guys/girls can help solve my problem ty

A:Computer randomly powering down within few seconds

I had similar problems and by disabling utilities one by one I was able to narrow it down to the SmartDrive programm for my video card. It is not neccessary so I disabled it anyway. I found out it was down to a weak PSU - 450w but weak on the 12v rail - only 13A.

I would check your psu but before then try going into safe mode and disabling all unneccesary software and then enable it bit by bit until you find the culprit.

Do you get any beep codes?

what is the full spec on the psu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-powering-down-within-few-seconds.26129/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I have been asked to fix a PC by a friend but I am afraid it has gotten a little beyond my knowledge This is an emachines w windows vista machine Onboard gpu Upon powering on the machine receives power and then will shut off a few seconds later If I try this a few more times the machine will stay powered on I can access bios and some other settings If I then attempt to boot as soon as the bar for windows starts loading the machines either restarts or powers off seconds Windows on logo at restarts after 3-4 PC or powering The same thing happens in safe mode I have swapped power supplies no difference There are sticks of ram and I booted with one at a PC restarts 3-4 seconds after powering on or at Windows logo time no difference I have reset the CMOS battery same In the hopes of a corrupted windows installation I swapped around the hard drives Plugging the eMachines into my own PC I was able to access the hard drive and cleaned it up a bunch while I was there apparently the pc belongs to the woman s kids for the most part Infections from hell Cureit got most everything I think That is besides the point though I plugged my windows hard drive into her computer and the symptoms were repeated I was able to tell it not to restart on errors and got some error codes from a BSOD x b x B xC x x Researching that points to drivers device conflicts But I have ran with bare minimums already and swapping hard drives should have eliminated any possible driver conflicts all drivers would be stored on the hard drive if I am not mistaken I am able to run an older version of Ultimate boot cd up to the menu screen I m doing a ram test now although I figure it will come back fine I ll edit if I find different EDIT It ran memtest for an hour it completed test with zero errors I ll let it run longer later However if I attempt to run the Ultimate boot cd program itself a windows logo pops up and then the PC crashes I grabbed the newest version of UBCD and that crashes before I can ever get to the menu even Also if I attempt to open or close the CD tray while it is booting it will always crash it seems That would seem like a power issue but again that should have been eliminated with swapping the power supply Does all of this point at the motherboard being bad Is there anything else that might cause these symptoms Shorts wiring If you can t tell I m trying my hardest to avoid the inevitable yanking of the motherboard and taking it to a repair shop to have it tested Are there any further steps someone can recommend me taking Is there an easy way to test the motherboard at home I am no hardware expert but I might be able to borrow a multimeter from my father if that might help me somehow Any advice is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:PC restarts 3-4 seconds after powering on or at Windows logo

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

* Check the SATA cable connections to the motherboard and the harddrive. They are notorious for becoming loose because of their poor design. Do you have another SATA cable to switch them out?

* Have you scanned fore viruses? Since there was as erious time of infection this system may still be infected.

* Tell us the make and model of the power supply and its purported supplied wattage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-3-4-seconds-after-powering-on-or-at-windows-logo.156171/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there guys,

Ok here's the situation. I've just got a new Samsung F1 750GB (32MB cache, wayhay!) SATA harddrive and I've decided to make it a backup HD. Without a decent external HD box around, I decided to connect the HD internally and enable hot swapping so I can manually plug in the power cable and turn on my HD only when I need it (just to make Al Gore happy..)

Now here's the problem. If I connect the SATA cable to my MB, and turn on the HD, windows will freeze (cursor also can't move) for about 5 seconds and then goes back to normal (scans the HD for autorun). If I don't connect the SATA cable, it doesn't freeze windows when I turn it on. If I then connect the SATA cable after the HD is on, it also doesn't freeze!

Software? Hardware? Luck?

Cheers.

Relevancy 63.21%

I have an Acer Aspire 5750 laptop that I recently updated to windows 10. Since then I have had two independent intermittent problems that happens multiple times a day. The first one is I loose the batter icon and have found the only way to restore it is to re scan for new hardware in the device manager. I have to do this every time it happens multiple times a day. The other is for some reason my wifi drops out. For some reason it is still on and can see my wireless network but won?t connect to it unless I restart the entire laptop. This is really making me hate windows 10. Any help would be great ThanksT

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Apire-5750-windows-10-wifi-and-battery-issues/td-p/448583
Relevancy 61.06%

Greetings I have had my dv - dx for many many years and my battery doesnt hold a charge because I never took it out when plugged off shuts on powering dv7 after 1sec HP in I never unplugged it i used it like a desktop My problem though is that when I power on my laptop it instantly shuts off before anything can even appear on the screen My charger is working because there is a light on the laptop that turns on when the power cable is in and when its off and plugged in the lighting bolt charging light blinks My laptop is cool and not hot because I havent been able to turn it on in a week I did try unplug and drain the battery by holding for secs but still shuts off instantlynormally i can still run my laptop plugged in with no battery but no I cant turn it on One thing i noticed different is when I plug in my power cable the light turns on then turns off then turns back on and stays on when my laptop shuts off the charge light shuts off then comes back on I also bought a new charger but for some reason when I plug it in the light turn on then turns off and stays OFF so strangeany idea what it could be

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-dv7-shuts-off-1sec-after-powering-on/td-p/5835103
Relevancy 60.63%

My tablet was on power and the video was playing while downloading windows 10 to upgrade from Windows 8.1. I was out of the office for one one and when I came back I found the tablet is off. On my surprise when I turn it on it starts and I sign in it displays the desktop for few seconds and turns off. Or if I turn on if I don't sign in it will also shut down for hardly 30 seconds. Please can any one help me how to solve this problems, I fail to get to the automatic repair or diagnostic test and repair. Please I need your help.

Regards
Augustino

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/41163-my-lenovo-tablet-2-shuts-down-soon-after-powering.html
Relevancy 60.63%

i have a compaq. i just got a new power supply offline (a dynex (bestbuy brand) 500w off ebay)

my comp has always worked fine. no problems. i go to install the new power supply. i hook it up, then power it on. the fans get going, and 5 seconds after that, the computer shuts off.

any suggestions?

Relevancy 60.63%

A computer is not powering off after Windows shuts down. Once Windows shuts down, there is a click (perhaps the hard drive powering off?), and the video signal disappears, but the computer remains on. At this point the power switch will not turn the computer off unless I hold it in. This happens about 50% of the time, and the other 50% of the time, it shuts off normally. All other operations seem to be normal.

I guess this is a bad power supply, but I wanted to see what others thought. Could it be the motherboard as well?

Relevancy 60.63%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 60.63%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 60.2%

Not sure if this is the right board but I couldnt' see a board for the Aspire F series of laptops My laptop shut down unexpectedly yesterday whilst powered to the AC mains nbsp I did not see any unusual messages on the screen nbsp Since that time I have not been able to power up the laptop at all nbsp It does nothing and is completely unresponsive nbsp When connected to F5-571-50S0 not up Aspire powering the mains power no light even appears at the front of the machine so it is as if the laptop Aspire F5-571-50S0 not powering up is completely dead nbsp I can see that there is some guidance for other models to do a power reset by removing the battery and holding down the power button for seconds BUT with the Aspire F series the battery is internal and I would need to completely unscrew and remove the laptop case to access it so I'm reluctant to do that unless it is a definite thing that will fix the laptop nbsp I have tried to raise a support ticket here but no response yet nbsp Does anyone here have any suggestions nbsp I have only bought the laptop new months ago

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-F5-571-50S0-not-powering-up/td-p/445951
Relevancy 60.2%

Not sure if this is the right board but I couldnt' see a board for the Aspire F series not F5-571-50S0 Aspire powering up of laptops My laptop shut down unexpectedly yesterday whilst powered to the AC mains nbsp I did not see any unusual messages on the screen nbsp Since that time I have not been able to power up the laptop at all nbsp It does nothing and is completely unresponsive nbsp When connected to the mains power Aspire F5-571-50S0 not powering up no light even appears at the front of the machine so it is as if the laptop is completely dead nbsp I can see that there is some guidance for other models to do a power reset Aspire F5-571-50S0 not powering up by removing the battery and holding down the power button for seconds BUT with the Aspire F series the battery is internal and I would need to completely unscrew and remove the laptop case to access it so I'm reluctant to do that unless it is a definite thing that will fix the laptop nbsp I have tried to raise a support ticket here but no response yet nbsp Does anyone here have any suggestions nbsp I have only bought the laptop new months ago

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-F5-571-50S0-not-powering-up/td-p/445951/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.76%

i have an Acer laptop which i have owned for a bit over years its never had problems before a month or ago i began to notice that the laptop stopped charging the battery-- the battery icon would tell me plugged in not charging and would state the current power level it decreased over the weeks from something down to days ago i powered it on and the computer started up as normal got to the home screen and then shut off the laptop will no longer power up when plugged in there are no power indicator lights i used to leave my laptop plugged in a lot i honestly did not know any better until too late my battery power lost life-- when i first bought it it had hours of life on average later it would only Acer Stops Laptop Wont Up- Turn ON Powering have power for - minutes and much later it would not stay on longer than a few minutes once the battery stopped charging and held fixed levels it would not stay powered up Acer Laptop Stops Powering Up- Wont Turn ON at all with no power plug inserted another thing- my original power cord broke- a coworker order another for me but it didnt fit right so we spliced the cable-- this was over months ago my questions- im trying to troubleshoot- could the obvious dead laptop battery be the culprit-- a friend told me that a Acer Laptop Stops Powering Up- Wont Turn ON laptop usually can power up with no battery when plugged into a power source did i burn something out what can i check Acer Laptop Vista gb hdd gb ram ghz cpu nbsp

A:Acer Laptop Stops Powering Up- Wont Turn ON

If you are using an incorrect power adapter it may not be supplying the proper voltage or current to both charge the battery and run the laptop, and that could eventually have damaged the laptop and adapter too. Did you compare the voltage and amperage between the new and old adapters? The voltage and current info is printed on both the adapter AND the bottom of the laptop. Splicing the end on the adapter automatically tells me it wasn't the correct one, maybe the specs match up but I would be surprised if they did.

Almost all laptops will run with no battery.

I'd be leaning toward faulty or incompatible power adapter. Or a broken DC jack in the laptop or damage to the power circuit. Maybe the first thing to try is to take it into small local shop and see if they have a proper power adapter or a compatible universal they can try with the laptop - tell them you want to try it before you buy a replacement adapter from them. Most shops will have universal units or maybe even the correct Acer one as they are pretty common and shoudl be willing to allow you to test it before you buy one from them, big box stores a may or may not be so helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-stops-powering-up-wont-turn-on.927337/
Relevancy 56.76%

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

A:Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

A:Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 56.76%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 56.33%

A friend of mine has a problem with his PC and called me for help since he has no access to the Internet So here is the problem his fan was too noisy so he got a new one and tried to replace the old fan The new fan didn t fit so he put back the old one He pushed the shuts PC down seconds 30 in Start button the fan started working the monitor turned on displayed black screen nothing happened and the PC turned PC shuts down in 30 seconds off in seconds No error messages no beeping He tried to boot from a Win Installation CD - same thing happened His PC is desktop Compaq Presario SR T OS is Win XP Prof I also need to mention that he has two HDD-s he has no clue what model and he was complaining that recently he was getting some HDD failure message when he was booting but the PC was working I read some tips on-line and he tried to fix the problem but not success so far Can anyone please help us out here Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello this i the problem i have been dealing with and have been trying to fix for last couple of days and i hope that someone can help ne My friend basically gave me his whole old computer and he helped me put it together We only shuts 3 PC after seconds down forgot to plug in the audio cable i couldn t find were to plug it in at This is what happened i accidentally plugged what i know now is a plug from the power supply that is supposed to power a fan well i accidentally plugged that into the motherboard were a usb slot or something is supposed to go and i forgot to unplug it from the wall so whenever i turn on my computer is basically turns on for seconds and PC shuts down after only 3 seconds turns off the only way i can turn it on is by plugging it in to the wall because now my power button doesn t work I have no idea were to begin this is the computer PC shuts down after only 3 seconds gateway gt just google that because i cant post links Thanks nbsp

A:PC shuts down after only 3 seconds

Did you smell or see any smoke? We all made mistakes like this at the start... The motherboard is probably fried

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shuts-down-after-only-3-seconds.136834/
Relevancy 56.33%

The other day I went to boot up my PC and it turned on for about seconds off seconds PC 3 Shuts after or less the fans lit up and turned and then it died At that point there was a green light on the on off switch that remained steady green It doesnt appear that the machine even got to CMOIS or the hard drives spinning up power pressed - seconds on then dead I kept turning it on and off and tried different outlets too EVENTUALLY it DID power up and has been running fine since on multiple shut downs and reboots I am wondering if this is possibly power supply related I just ordered a PS tester Any idea what could cause this A switch stuck Insufficent power Dust Failing PSU Shorted wire Is PC Shuts off after 3 seconds it possible to isolate this issue Since the PSU tester will for sure so its fine now The pc is used on different sites for business purposes and if it crashes it will be devastating any help would be greatly appreciated SPECS ASROCK Motherboard ghz AMD Athlon XP CPU MB RAM HD s nbsp

A:PC Shuts off after 3 seconds

yes your problem happened to me 2 days ago when my comp started up for 1 sec and dead, the motherboard LED light were on except wont tart up, i got my computer fixed when i found it it was the PSu tht broke, i chnaged a new one and sweet now

So change your PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shuts-off-after-3-seconds.60491/
Relevancy 56.33%

Recently my computer froze as I was watching a film I decided to power it off but when I went on to power it back on it shut down after - seconds and I also got no monitor signal The computer is a seconds PC 5 after down shuts custom build and has been running fine for a year Here s a full list of all the results and troubleshooting I done PC shuts down after 5 seconds -Checked if all the connections were correct -Reset the CMOS by removing the battery and moving the jumper -Made sure that the power led on the mobo was working -Tried to run system in barebones configuration PSU mobo cpu and RAM only -Tried to run the PC without the RAM inserted waiting for mobo to give beeps but it didn t I thought that the motherboard was faulty so I ordered a new one and replaced it but the problem remained I then decided to take the computer to a tech who said the CPU was dead I orderd the new CPU and a HSF for it and after placing it in there was still no difference With no hope I decided to try the old mobo with the old CPU and it went through POST giving one beep which according to my manual means that the mobo detects all the components Now I m sure that the case speaker is working fine I was able to get into the BIOS with the old mobo and I saw that the CPU and mobo temps were fine When I turned the computer off and tried to turn it on the problem would appear again I tried resetting the CMOS again and the PC would POST again so I thought that I needed to reset the CMOS everytime for the PC to start But then I realized this was wrong and the PC would only post once in about attempts of turning it on Sometimes when it did POST the screen would freeze and go weird I also tried running the PC in barebones configuration with a w PSU but the problem remained Also I took the PC with the new mobo and new CPU in to a friend of mine and he says that CPU is dead from ESD note I didn t use an antistatic mat when replacing components When I did replace the components I done it on a solid desk So now I would like to ask which component is actually dead Is it the mobo CPU or what Thanks in advance to all the people which help me with solving this problem PC specs Asus m npv-vm xKingston gb ddr RAM Amd Athlon x W PSU nbsp

A:PC shuts down after 5 seconds

Also I checked all the caps on both motherboards and they look fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shuts-down-after-5-seconds.149556/
Relevancy 56.33%

I Have fitted a new motherboard (MSI K9AGM2) toegether with an AMD Sempron cpu and 1 gig ram purchased as a package. The unit booted up but while I was in setup keying in date and time everything shutdown (unit ran for 5 mnutes). Now when I try to start it goes for 1 to 2 seconds then everything shuts down including fan on power supply. If i unplug the Jpw1 (power for cpu) it keeps running ok and doesn't switch off without the cpu. Heat sink checked and reset - doesn't seem to be hot and couldn't in 1 second. Have unpluged power to hard drive and cd but that doesn't change it. Must be something switching everything off at startup. Any idea's??

A:Shuts down after 2 seconds

Make sure you have connected that 4, 6 or 8 pin power connector from the power supply to the motherboard near the CPU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shuts-down-after-2-seconds.97879/
Relevancy 56.33%

hi everybody I am using an old AMD system since and it had few misc upgrades ram hd graphic cards psu etc over the years it few shuts down seconds within PC was working fine with all the upgrades as well the PC shuts down within few seconds past few months i started to leave the pc with internet connection on for days and weeks ago when i returned home the pc was off after days of continous activities PC shuts down within few seconds I tried to PC shuts down within few seconds power up but there was no response i switched off the power switch and turned it back on it powered up for few seconds and shut off again on occassion i thought i smelled some burnt smell coming out from the system but i was unable to determine from which part i read numerous forums and concluded that the prob lies with the psu i bought a new psu it boot up all the way to window and it shut down by itself again and since then its the same prob again with the new psu so now i am doubtful whether its the psu issue i read somewhere it could be possible virus and there are AV for those but the qn is how do i use AV when i can t even boot up beside this what else could be the prob appreciate whatever advice you may have thks nbsp

A:PC shuts down within few seconds

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Can you boot into safe mode?

Can you access the bios?

Try disconnecting anything not required to boot the system. Just leave 1 stick of ram/hdd/video card/cpu/mobo and see if it boots.

Check that the heatsink is properly attached.

Check the mobo for any swollen or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

See if any of the above helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shuts-down-within-few-seconds.88303/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a pc with a 1.7 celeron cpu, 768 MB DDR Ram, cd-writer, dvd-burner, a 40 gig and 120 gig hard-drives, and a Radeon 9700 pro video card. Also, the power supply says 400 wats. I bought it as a barebone system January of last year. Haven't had any problems until a week ago. When I try to turn it on, either it won't come on at all, or it will start to boot up, but after about 3 or so seconds, it shuts off. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem. I want to try to fix this myself, currently I don't have the funds to let someone else fix it. Any help given is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 56.33%

So just today while i was on my PC, it randomly shut off. No warnings. Nothing.
I thought it overheated so i watched some TV and came back an hour later hoping it would start up fine, but instead my computer made it all the way to the desktop then shut off. After it shuts off it continues to try and start back up by itself but fails and shuts off.
Ive gone through and made sure all the wires are plugged in securely and it still hasnt fixed the problem. Everything seems to be getting power which leads me to believe that i might have a bad power supply.
Specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR
Cpu: Intel E6300
Gpu: Radeon HD 4870
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 150gb
RAM: Corsair 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) (1600MHz) DDR3
PSU: Sunbeam PSU-COM680-BK-US 680W ATX12V

Relevancy 55.9%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575
Relevancy 55.9%

Is this normal for a 6 month old machine..? I can't update windows 10. The message says that there's not enough room to update windows 10, so I buy a 32 gig card....still it says theres not enough space,,,so I try a 32gig usb stick....still no joy.....So I take it back to PC World where I'm treated like a child and told that they won't take it back...they'll just send it back to Acer to have windows 8 put on ...??!  and did I realise it was a cloudbook and NOT a laptop...!! Left the shop with steam coming out of my ears...so, my question is this....Has anyone out there succeeded in updating their windows 10 cloudbook Because that despite having owned and worked with computers for over 30 years I cannot solve this problem....(Nor have I experienced such poor ill informed salespeople as I have in PC World....but that's another story...

A:^ month old acer ao1 431 C2Q8 ACER ASPIRE ONE CLOU...

you need an USB flash drive or external HDD with at least 16Gb and it must be NTFS formatted.http://www.thewindowsclub.com/upgrade-devices-less-free-space-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/month-old-acer-ao1-431-C2Q8-ACER-ASPIRE-ONE-CLOUDBOOK-14-can-t/td-p/460976
Relevancy 55.9%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button P3) (included ... Acer Aspire Acer Keyboard Case with an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and then the device no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... seem to be the only one with this issue so far possibly due to the newness of Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663
Relevancy 55.9%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and Case Aspire (included with Keyboard Acer Acer ... P3) then the device Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i seem to be the only one with this issue so far Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... possibly due to the newness of nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello im user of Acer Aspire ES - I have been using it Bluelight Acer Aspire ES1-331 Acer - Shield doesnt... from February with Windows For a long time Acer Quick Access and Acer Bluelight Shield were working properly but some days ago something happened and option of sharing WiFi disappeared it was under Rozruch do pulpitu from AQA and it became impossible to turn Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... on ABS Earlier when i turned it on or off it happened immediately Now some dots are going around for a few seconds and i get that nbsp http imgur com a EpfjtIt means You cant control that device the same happens when i change intensity of ABS - nothing changes however it can write that it changed On the screen high level is turned on but Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... you see that it is a lie I am using it on Admin accoutn of course I reinstalled Acer Quick Access but nothing changed and i cant use Acer Bluelight Shield nbsp Rest of options of Acer Quick Acces works Wifi and Bluetooth Thanks for reading

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-331-Acer-Bluelight-Shield-doesnt-work/td-p/446697