Windows Support Forum

LAN Upload Speed Issue

Q: LAN Upload Speed Issue

Hey Techist Community I was wondering if you guys could help shed some light on this issue since it's been puzzling me for a couple of days now I recently bought a new wireless router which is wirelessly bridged with my Router Modem downstairs all setup fine on my laptop it shows down and up through the ethernet cable excellent stuff However on my desktop PC using the SAME ethernet cable I get down but zilch upload on speedtest net the upload doesn't even start to test it OS Windows -bit Professional Ethernet Driver Installed Killer E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Downloaded latest version from the MSI website earlier Motherboard MSI Z -G Gaming Socket HDMI D-Sub DVI -Channel Audio ATX Motherboard So ye laptop gets down and up then using same cable and not moving the router whatsoever I put it in my desktop PC and I get down and zero up I believe Upload LAN Speed Issue this is a hardware issue which Is why I posted it here but if I've posted in the wrong section then please accept my apology

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/lan-upload-speed-issue-277107/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: LAN Upload Speed Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 71.81%

Hello everyone I'm really hoping someone here can give me a hand I've been tossed back and forth between twitch issue / streaming Twitch.tv upload low to (Due speed) gaming tv support my ISP and a few other forums that mainly discuss internet speeds Here is some basic information to get started Location Edmonton Alberta Twitch.tv streaming / gaming issue (Due to low upload speed) Canada PC Lenovo Y P Laptop OS Windows Modem Hitron CGNM- -SHW ISP Shaw Communications Twitch.tv streaming / gaming issue (Due to low upload speed) Broadband Package Additional Information My laptop is plugged directly into the back of my modem using a ethernet cord Problem Extremely low upload speed despite one service Ookla Speedtest telling me that i'm getting what I pay for I'm having issues live streaming games on twitch tv video buffers for my viewers having issues watching livestreams buffers occasionally - guess this might be a common issue and i'm also have some really bad ping in games like Path of Exile Here are some speed tests The first one is using Ookla this one is partnered with my ISP so they use this to determine if i'm getting the speeds i'm paying for unfortunately this service says that everything is okay I've included both a speed test for here in Edmonton Alberta And another test for the server that is closest to the twitch tv server out in Seattle WA Ookla seems to look okay I should be able to stream with these speeds no problem Now after speaking with twitch support staff they advise that I use other services to determine why when I try to live stream i'm buffering for my viewers This is the test done at testmy net This service tells me that i'm only getting Kbps Which is definitely much lower than either of the above tests And the last test is the most important one they mentioned that I try and run as this test determines which server I have the strongest connection to in order to live stream http i imgur com sNFzLs png This above image is stating that I have Quality Basically telling me that i'm unable to stream I had one of my friends who lives about minutes away from me who is also using Shaw - but on a lower plan Broadband run all of these tests His Ookla came back fine he scored a Mbps on testmy net and then linked me this image to his Twitch Bandwidth test https cdn discordapp com attachments PNG Now that i've explained everything here are the steps i've already taken to try and rectify my issue Restarted Computer Restarted Modem Tested on Wireless Tested using different ethernet cord Contacted ISP Ran Malware Bytes and Virus Scan Tested Wifes Acer laptop Booted up in safemode Contacted ISP and got a replacement modem - from a Cisco to a Hitron Reformatted my computer Downloaded the most up to date LAN drivers Posted on this forum After all of these steps i'm still left with no improvement My ISP can't do anything as they base is solely off of Ookla If anyone has any other suggestions - i'm all ears Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627123/twitchtv-streaming-gaming-issue-due-to-low-upload-speed/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok long story short My download speed is fantastic mbps but once again my ISP Comcast has found some royal way to mess up the entire deal Basically whenever I try to upload for some reason sometimes the upload will fail and the few times I CAN get an upload going the speed is abysmal we re talking mbps or less I have tested against multiple devices on my network rebooted the modem router it s Comcast s all-in-one thing that includes a router I tested against a computer plugged by wire directly to it Can someone give me some general tips other than quot Call them and yell at them quot again When I say quot can t get upload quot I mean like going on speedtest net watching it show a ms ping download speed then hang on upload to sit for all eternity and returning no upload metric My connection to game servers is equally as stunted at this point nbsp

A:ISP Upload Speed is nonexistent, making upload connections doesn't always happen

If 192.168.100.1 (in your browser's address bar) brings up some modem status check the signal levels (see attached for mine). The Upstream Power should be 30 to 55 dBmV. If you can't get this data I think that your ISP can check it remotely. For more info along this train of thought see What kind of signal levels do I want on my cable modem?.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/isp-upload-speed-is-nonexistent-making-upload-connections-doesnt-always-happen.1153159/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 62.35%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I already tried safe mode with networking so i assume it s not about viruses or my antivirus Here s upload than is speed Download lower my speed. from a tcp ip analyzer TCP options string MTU MTU is not fully optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU to for better throughput If you are using a router it could be limiting your MTU regardless of Registry settings MSS MSS is not optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU value Default TCP Receive Window RWIN RWIN Scaling RFC bits scale factor Unscaled TCP Receive Window RWIN is not fully optimized Download speed is lower than my upload speed. even though it is a comparatively large number The unscaled RWIN value is lower than it should be Also RWIN being close to and above does not justify the header overhead of enabling TCP Options You might want to use one of the recommended RWIN values below For optimum performance consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS Other RWIN values that might work well with your current MTU MSS up to Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS bandwidth delay product Note this is not a speed test Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms MTU Discovery RFC ON Time to live left hops TTL value is ok Timestamps RFC OFF Selective Acknowledgements RFC ON IP type of service field RFC I have a desktop where I am getting around kbps with the same modem Just enough for my mbps kbps connection But when I try to use this laptop the connection becomes like this Down is in average and up is higher os is windows xp nbsp

A:Download speed is lower than my upload speed.

Try TCP Optimizer. I've used it for wireless connections with XP, it has never made things worse for me, sometimes helped dramatically, and it will save original settings so that you can revert to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-lower-than-my-upload-speed.976376/
Relevancy 61.06%

I just switched over to my linksys router last night for my wireless because the small usb adapter I had sucked. my download speed went from 2-3 up to 58, HOWEVER, my upload speed usually won't even connect on the speed test from speedtest.org????

I can pull up maybe 1-2 website I frequently visit immediately, but 99% of other sites won't even load, or I get the text based webpage....what could the problem be?? My friends laptop works fine, my phone works fine, signal strength is good....??? Also i disabled antivirus and phising/popup blockers. etc

A:Download speed is good, BUT, upload speed is 0...?

lots of visits i see, can someone please help me out here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-good-but-upload-speed-is-0.1109312/
Relevancy 61.06%

So I ve always kind of had this issue not something really new However after testing my wife s PC to see if it were a router issue or something I realized I m in a bad spot My speed test had my D L at like Mbps and my U L at like Both spiked during the test around Comparing to my wife s PC when I did the test was Mbps D L and Mbps U L Her PC has the hard line into it while mine is directly connected to the router The provider goes through her PC etc Is there some tests I could do to find out higher than Upload download speed speed... my if it s Upload speed higher than my download speed... My PC My Router or Just some settings Thank you Also I saw someone ask on another one of these issues for the netstat -n so here is mine Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED nbsp

A:Upload speed higher than my download speed...

Interesting thing, I refreshed my net and restarted my PC, and it was peaking at 322.5KBps, but now it's back down to like 10-20KBps (at least when d/l from steam).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upload-speed-higher-than-my-download-speed.167450/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm using a Compact Wireless-G Linksys USB Adapter with Speedbooster, and getting higher Upload speed than download speed on every speed testing website I try. Any thoughts on why?

Router: WRT54G2 Firmware vers. 1.0.01
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 640989 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 58.91%

I ran a speed test and I got a happy 20Mbps download and a not so happy 2Mbps upload. Why such a difference? I tried loading a video onto Facebook and I ended up cancelling because it took so long. Any way to better the performance?

A:speed test/upload speed

that's normally what isp's offer here the upload is approx 1/16th of the d/l speed unless you open a business account and you need a registered business to open one

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/speed-test-upload-speed-456868.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am running BPFTP server on my computer. I test my upload connection at www.toast.net and it tests out at 384kbps. But when I try to download from my server to somewhere else(aka access it from work) the transfer rate maxes out at 45kbps. I called comcast to question whether or not they limit FTP speed and they said they dont. Does anyone here have any helpful info as to what may be limiting my speed? I have checked all my settings and they sre fine as far as I can tell, there are no limits in place.

Relevancy 56.33%

is there any ways i can increaser my upload speed? it is currently at 25.6 KByte/sec
(=205 kbps)

the game im trying to play is soldure of fortune 2 and to run a server it best to have the hightest up load speed as possable. any tips?

Relevancy 56.33%

I am wondering why my upload may be slow.

Speed: http://www.speedtest.net/result/167112726.png

I am not sure why, when I visit www.youtube.com , the thumbnails on the images do not show and that. Should I try a long power cycle on my router/modem?

A:Upload Speed

Thats a very fast upload. Your ISP is regulating that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speed.606710/
Relevancy 56.33%

How do I increase my upload speed onto the net.

A:Re Upload Speed

Please try not to double post. I've combined them. Upload speed is primarily a function of your ISP. They offer upgrades at an increased price. If current speed is less than promised, call the ISP and see what solution they offer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/re-upload-speed-641106.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I didnt have this problem before i was wondering what are the things that can cause this.
I had comcast over my house this morning and on his laptop he was getting 2.5 upload while at mine was at .5 and he was blaming that. As the night before it was up to par, I called them because i would notice my games chopping up due to internet and letting me know that my internet connection was poor. So i was wondering what are some of the things that can cause this.

I scanned for spyway with malwarebytes nothing. I scanned my pc with nod32 found 2 or 3 things cleared them still getting the same speeds, I unplugged all ethernets and reset both modem and router.

Computer is hooked up Wired, and he also did the testing on his laptop wired.

A:upload speed low

I notice there are two drivers available for win 7x64 for your network controller. Have you tried both of them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143330-upload-speed-low.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Just bought a new Samsung notepad installed all software plus norton 360 and when i do a broadband test speed i get no upload if i try and download my game i want (LOTRO) it wont start downloading. i have gone to four different houses and it does not work, took it back to pc world they test it and it works bring it home still does not work i can although download windows updates this is driving me nuts new laptop 24 hours old and because it works at pc world they say its my problem please please please any ideas all security settings as standard on other laptop so now lost

A:No upload speed

Hi and welcome to TSF

Where these four different houses using a different ISP ? or the same as yours.

Sounds like a problem being limited/blocked by the ISP, if it works OK when you take it back to the place you bought it.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-upload-speed-602539.html
Relevancy 56.33%

FMI. What's the maximum (I know you never get the max.) upload speed using a DSL connection? Computer is attached with CAT 5 cable to DSL modem

Relevancy 56.33%

Alright so I'm not a tech savvy as I'd like to be but I've been wanting to do live streams for video games I play and my upload speed is about 400-600 kbps and I read you need about 1000+ kbps. I've looked around and a few sites say standard Roadrunner gives 1 MB of upload but the Roadrunner site says .5 MB and it took awhile to find. My friend lives just a few miles away and has the same internet but his upload is 1 MB+, download speeds are about .200 MB apart. Wondering why it's like this, I use a Netgear WPN824 v3 router connected to the PC not wireless.

A:Low upload speed.

What max upload speed does your ISP say you are paying for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-upload-speed.988945/
Relevancy 56.33%

My normal internet speeds are around 53 Mbps and 11 Mbps. Tonight I was trying to upload a few very small things, but it wouldn't work. Checked my speed at speedtest.net and I'm getting my normal download speed (53 Mbps), but speedtest.net gets stuck calculating my upload speed, and after about a minute of "Connecting" it will finally go and I get between 0.02 - 0.04 Mbps.

I phoned my ISP, and they told me they don't control the upload speed and they are saying it is something with my computer. I don't know what to do at this point or what it could be.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all My company uses a custom module in salesforce com that allows us to upload files directly to salesforce Basically a quot drag and drop quot module We are seeing very slow uploads using this feature What I have discovered is that it seems to be an issue with Windows' send buffer size If I use a FTP program such as Filezilla I get great upload speed Upload speeds If I open the same FTP site in Internet Explorer the upload speeds slow to a Upload speed crawl So it has to be Upload speed a limitation of Windows My laptop Upload speed dual boots Windows and Ubuntu If I load salesforce while in Ubuntu and attempt to upload a file I get great upload speeds Do the same thing from within Windows on the exact same network and I get horrible upload speeds Does anyone have any idea how to correct this issue I see lots of posts when doing google searches but no resolutions Any ideas Thanks

A:Upload speed

Hi, this setting is On by default in server 2008+ yet OFF in Vista and Seven try this from an elevated cmd type:-

netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp press enter

If you wish to turn it off then

netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=none press enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upload-speed-546788.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an ISP that advertises speeds of DL, up to 1.5 Mb and UL, up to .384 Mb
I am experiencing a degradation of Upload video on my Skype account. So I did an internet speed test, SPEEDTEST.NET, with the following results. DL 1.17, UL .26 and a ping of 29MS over 100 miles.
A month ago I did not have any video problems.
What could be causing the slowdown and can I fix it without buying the faster broadband package? I am otherwise satisfied with the broadband I have.

A:Speedup upload speed

It's not something you can fix, except to find a new ISP. ISPs, especially crappy ones like Comcast and Charter, tend to oversell the bandwidth they have available in any given area, which is why you're seeing a degradation in upload speeds. Ideally the upload/download is symmetrical, but rarely will you see that except in business packages and dedicated lines. Beware any ISP that sells internet packages with a upload speed that's less than 1/3 the download speed. It means they've already overloaded their infrastructure and their service will only get worse as time goes on. All the focus goes to download speed in those situations. You can demand a refund for them not providing the bandwidth they sold to you, but I doubt that will get you anywhere.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/105733-speedup-upload-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Is there any adjustment,program or trick to increase Upload speed?
Vista Ultimate 64bit.
My speed is:
Download 110-125kB/s Upload 25-30kB/s
---------------
ISP 1000kbps/225kbps

A:Increase Upload speed?

Question instead of answer; what speed are you getting, and what is the rated upload speed as stated by your ISP?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/195565-increase-upload-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

How can i fix my upload speed to my server... I keep timing out and pages are taking 3 mins or more to load.. i have ran virus scans, i use microsoft security essentials, ran malwarebytres, disabled my virus protection to see, did a recovery , started and restarted my modem and router multiple times,, checked all wires.. did a speed test ping 10, download 3.60 upload ZERO... and after all this it still dragggsss... all computers and playstation network is dragging badly, my netflix wont load a movie, can some one help me??

Relevancy 55.47%

I just got this AIO on July 8, 2016. There is no upload speed when performing the speed test. Every other computer and cell phone/tablet in the house has perfect upload speed. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with my ISP, and we could not fix the problem. I have tried uninstalling the network adapter driver and installing a different one, but that did not work, either. I'm thinking I need to return the computer, but if anyone can help me before I do that, I would be very appreciated.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/aspire-z3-710-no-upload-speed/td-p/443094
Relevancy 55.47%

So I have a 6mbit/ 768kbit cable connection.

I recently had a crash with the hard disc so I had to replace it and with that i had to install xp again. The connection worked fine for a while. Then i downloaded the fixes to windows and I suddenly got no upload speed. The download is fine, but the upload is from 7 to 100 kbits pr second.
I use AVG antivirus and have put on and off the windows firewall but nothing worked.

I called the internet provider today and they will send somebody to me on monday, but if it is something in my computer then the cost would be quite expensive and unnecessary.
So, I basically wanna see if I could eliminate the possibility of my computer being the sinner.

If this message isnt informative enough please ask and I shall try to give the information needed.

A:Problems With Upload Speed

Sorry for delay in reply. Is this matter solved in the meantime?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72059/problems-with-upload-speed/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm using Norton 360 in windows 7 and recently upgraded my FIOS internet speed to 25/15. The 25 download is at 25 when I run the speedtest on both Verizon and non-Verizon test sites. The upload speed is stuck at around 6. A verizon tech tested the router through his laptop device and was getting speeds of 25/25 through their site. I'm am assuming that my firewall/security software is responsible for the slower upload speed. Any suggestions on increasing the file upload speed?

A:File Upload Speed

Quote: Originally Posted by dunndm1951

I'm using Norton 360 in windows 7 and recently upgraded my FIOS internet speed to 25/15. The 25 download is at 25 when I run the speedtest on both Verizon and non-Verizon test sites. The upload speed is stuck at around 6. A verizon tech tested the router through his laptop device and was getting speeds of 25/25 through their site. I'm am assuming that my firewall/security software is responsible for the slower upload speed. Any suggestions on increasing the file upload speed?

Hi and welcome

I would start by testing with norton disabled. I assume you are using homegroup for networking. Homegroup uses IPv6 which sometimes causes slowdowns and random drops. You could change from homegroup to workgroup and disable IPv6.

Let us know if we can be of help

Ken J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40486-file-upload-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys I have been tackling this problems for a couple of weeks now and it s driving me crazy Suddenly my upload speed on a Windows desktop Realtek NIC has dropped down to such small levels that I can attach files in Gmail or even think about suddenly is very speed bad upload My using dropbox Many sites that depend on exchanging information in both ways also are barely accessible SYMPTOMS Cannot attach quot big quot files in g-mail takes forever a kb file takes almost minutes Dropbox web interface takes minutes to load Speed testing sites report great download speeds on the ballpark of - My upload speed is suddenly very bad Mbps my hired speed is Mbps but the upload test usually times out when it doesn't it reports very slow number less than Kbps - I hired for Mbps some other websites are near impossible to use Some are just fine I can watch you tube and download perfectly I m in a home network behind a router Dlink My upload speed is suddenly very bad DMG - provided by ISP all other devices on the same network are working fine Windows laptops IMac desktop couple of cellphones with good upload speeds prior to the problem start this same computer was working fine I had to user my laptop to post this message this is ridiculous My upload speed is suddenly very bad The bad upload speed is also present in quot Safe Mode with Networking quot WHEN IT STARTED Only two things I can pinpoint happened just prior to I noticing the problem Uninstalled Oracle VirtualBox and installed Oracle VirtualBox this thing creates some virtual net adapters Already uninstalled it to no avail Heavy utorrend upload use I though it could trigger some DoS protection on my router WHAT I DID TRY several different versions of the turning off some of these quot Chimney Offload State quot quot TCP Window Scaling heuristics quot and Autotuning in various combinations Uninstalled VirtualBox e re-installed it a couple of times it didn t change anything installed or not Turned off quot Denial of Service quot protection on my router just to be sure I was not the router reseting my network adapter as in Resetting your network adapter in Windows MY SPECS Vivo fiber in Brazil optic fiber connection supposed to be - Mbps Reaktek NIC - D-Link router AV Avast Free IP Config results below Nothing works I really don't want to format this one Help -------------------------------- ipconfi all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name Titan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D- -AC- D- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f bc f a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained quinta-feira de dezembro de Lease Expires quinta-feira de dezembro de Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-DC- -F - D- -AC- D- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E CE - - FC- E- FF A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:My upload speed is suddenly very bad

do you have ASUS iControl installed? Any asus software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388252-my-upload-speed-suddenly-very-bad.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Recently I noticed that my Internet's upload speed is EXTREMELY low No problem with Download I have almost a M Download But i ran a speed Upload Slow Speed test on Speedtest net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and downlaod was fine no problem but i simply wouldn't upload I Slow Upload Speed tried sending an email Slow Upload Speed with a small attachment very slow took like minutes to add the attachement I have AVG Internet Security with everything turned on Here is my HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe Slow Upload Speed C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Users Dan Desktop Dan HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Live Search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL myAOL HP R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Live Search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Live Search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page myAOL HP R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run WAWifiMessage ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe O - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - Extra context menu item Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - A... Read more

A:Slow Upload Speed

Hijackthis is ok if you run a HP computer.
Did you install a prog before having this problem?
Try a speedtest with AV/Firewall disabled. (post the result)

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/154988-slow-upload-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello

My problem is that my upload speed is real slow after my pc came back from repair. They changed the CPU, motherboard (Gigabyte) and RAM
Using Vista Home Premium.

Ping & Download is normal...

Someone know what it might be?
From Speedtest.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1655636813.png
On other computers i get about 1MBps.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi i have inexplicable issue. My internet speed is 10Mbit/s (down) / 1Mbit (upload). My spec: [email protected], 4GB RAM, Maximus Formula, 8800GTS, NOD32, Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 2009, Vista x64 Business Edition SP1 (new installation) + full updated. Network drivers : Marvell Yukon 88E8056 - 10.64.10.3
And my problem is: when i try test speed (speedtest.net) i see there 970kB/s (OK) in Reliability And Performance Monitor (1Mbit) - OK, BUT in Task manager it shows utilization 2% from 100Mbit = 2Mbit/s (WHY ???). Finally im using network vista gadget and it shows too 250kB/s = 2Mbit/s.

SO WHERE IS PROBLEM ??? THX

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/189559-my-upload-speed-bigger-than-should.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone,

I am having some problems with my internet connection. I have Vista Premium 32bit. and I am connected wireless to a SMCWBR14T-G router. I am not the only user connected to the router, my bro' is using it also but he is connected through a wire.

Everytime he gets connected my internet connection starts to temporarly disconnect me. I disabled IPv6 and Auto Tunning Setting, reinstalled the wireless driver but the problem still remains. I went to speedtest and made several tests on my connection speed. The results vary a lot but what remains almost constants is the fact that my upload speed is very close to or a lot higher then my download speed.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/438961069.png

Is there a way to limit this upload speed and would that help to anything? Thanks for your replies.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/218851-upload-connection-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

The speed test on my 2 Windows7 machines (PC and netbook) have recently started to show a fine download speed but when measuring upload speed the dial moves up to 400 and then gradually sinks back to zero over the next couple of minutes. It doesn't register any final upload speed. I can upload files to emails up to roughly 200kb but nothing any larger.
However my old laptop with XP has none of these problems. Hard wiring makes no difference and it's not the router, because the XP machine works fine with the same router that uses the Windows7 PC.
I've uninstalled Adobe Flash and re-installed it for the Windows7 machine. No change.
Same problem whether Firefox or IE.
Grateful for any advice...
Thanks

A:Upload speed drops to zero

Is the router a little on the old side? It is rare, but there are some routers that just don't work with Windows 7. I had an old Linksys one in a coworker's home office that needed to be replaced because her computer was upgraded to Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181247-upload-speed-drops-zero.html
Relevancy 55.47%

is that possible to control the upload speed (the bandwidth,k/s) through XP? if not, does anybody know where can I find a free software to do so?

A:control upload speed

Can you explain a bit more, what you want to accomplish?

Do you want to limit the speed to a lower level than the maximum achievable by your connection? What type of connection do you have?

There is nothing easily accomplished within XP, but if your exact needs are known, there are likely some utilities available

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-upload-speed.169584/
Relevancy 55.47%

The speed test on my 2 Windows7 machines (PC and netbook) have recently started to show a fine download speed but when measuring upload speed the dial moves up to 400 and then gradually sinks back to zero over the next couple of minutes. It doesn't register any final upload speed. I can upload files to emails up to roughly 200kb but nothing any larger.
However my old laptop with XP has none of these problems. Hard wiring makes no difference and it's not the router, because the XP machine works fine with the same router that uses the Windows7 PC.
I've uninstalled Adobe Flash and re-installed it for the Windows7 machine. No change.
Same problem whether Firefox or IE.
Grateful for any advice...
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speed-dies.1012833/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I have an odd issue with windows x ultimate I have recently installed windows and first of all everything feels slow compared to windows vista I know it shouldn't but I can feel a big difference in different situations like slower as most 0,03mbit upload speed menu s most of the time Waiting time in most applications More than in Vista My mouse drops the selection in all applications including windows explorer The easy way to explain this would be If i play an FPS game and fire up my machine gun I push my 0,03mbit upload speed as most left mousebutton and hold it down But after a second it stops fire even if i hold the button However most annoying is the network issue I have tried all i can think of Reinstalled the network card driver Forced it to use full duplex Turn of firewall Turn off antivirus but nothing helps The roof of my upload speed in WIN is mbit It should be at least mbit Someone who knows what i should check i have mbit down and mbit 0,03mbit upload speed as most up now and it should be mbit down and mbit up I can't even upload a picture to imageshack Gigabyte Ga-ex -ud core i gig cosair ddr Gigabyte HD

A:0,03mbit upload speed as most

Have you attempted to update the firmware on your router?

Have you tried it with the A/V uninstalled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/108671-0-03mbit-upload-speed-most.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all this problem has been bugging me for ages and I did all I can to try to get it fixed but it just isn t working let me explain the situation I was using Windows XP lan cable plugged into desktop directly from router modem and been having some bad upload help! Upload speed ... problem Please troubles Downloading speed isn t all that great too but still ok I have been running tests from speedtest net and my download speeds are usually pretty consistent around mpbs whereas my upload speed - when lucky I d get a mpbs otherwise I d get an error message saying the upload file cannot be read At first I thought it was my router s problem so I tried resetting the router numerous of times calling ISP but that didn t work out As well as the fact that my brother was having no problems at all Then one day I decided Upload speed problem ... Please help! to try and plug Upload speed problem ... Please help! the lancable into my laptop instead and wow the speed s great fine upload download speeds from speedtest net yet my desktop just isn t getting what it should be getting I have tried Scanning for viruses adwares spywares - nothing exciting Updating drivers - didn t work Reformatting computer - didn t work and now currently using Windows Buying an external network card instead of using the onboard one - didn t work either So now I seriously believed I tried all that I can can anyone tell me what I can do My desktop isn t all that old it s approaching years old but specs are still ok E duo core ghz Geforce GT gb Ram External sound card Auzen X-Studio External netword card TP-Link can anyone help me T T thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I upload files to is crawling. upload now speed FTP my web server everyday and it worked fine until now My upload speed is slower than dialup when I am connected through the router either wirelessly or via a lan cable If I connect to the cable modem directly my ftp upload speed is normal I have cable internet and connect via a Dlink DIR- wireless router I have been using it for months with no problems and did not make any settings changes When my ftp upload slowed down I tried my neighbors wireless internet netgear and his is having the same issue as mine and they started on the same day Troubleshooting steps I did are FTP upload speed is now crawling. as follows Tried uploading to multiple servers and received slow results on all of them Tried uploading with multiple ftp clients and received slow results with all of them Tried uploading using multiple PC s both Mac and Windows same results Reset the router to the default settings and received same results Contacted ISP who said the connection to my modem was fine Normally I would assume the issue is with the router but the fact my neighbor who uses the same ISP is having the same issue makes me wonder if the ISP has made a change Does this seem like a router problem or something the ISP is doing nbsp

A:FTP upload speed is now crawling.

Let's see, two different sites have the same problem. That seems obvious to me, I wouldn't be looking on your end, it's obviously either the ISP or the target FTP server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-upload-speed-is-now-crawling.612034/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just got this AIO on July 8, 2016. There is no upload speed when performing the speed test. Every other computer and cell phone/tablet in the house has perfect upload speed. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with my ISP, and we could not fix the problem. I have tried uninstalling the network adapter driver and installing a different one, but that did not work, either. I'm thinking I need to return the computer, but if anyone can help me before I do that, I would be very appreciated.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/aspire-z3-710-no-upload-speed/td-p/443094/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

i dont no if this is slow or not but if someone can look that this for me

guys so there is nothing i can do ??

A:upload speed is slow

Thats faster than mine..... Them numbers are useless without knowing what youre paying for.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283011-upload-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 55.47%

First off I feel like I should apologize It seems like I ve almost been spamming my problems only to find a solution for them five minutes later So I ll try to work on Variation Speed Upload that More to the point this isn t so much a problem as it is a irritation a confusing issue if you will I host Upload Speed Variation a private minecraft server that just one friend and I play on I did all of the port forwarding correctly and yet all I get out of my upload speed is a measly - kbp s and that s if I m lucky On average it s more like - bp s Now here s where the confusing part comes in I also upload to youtube not at the same time and when I upload I get an average of kbp s upload Not that great but it s a huge increase over minecraft So I m just wondering is there a reason my upload speeds vary so greatly between these two activities I mean does it have something to do with YouTube having good servers or something like that I m not really expecting an answer that will fix my problem but I m hoping for one that can clarify I m in no hurry Thanks

A:Upload Speed Variation

Hello,

Please do a speed test at http://speedtest.net and post your results here so i can get a general idea of what your speeds are.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448324/upload-speed-variation/
Relevancy 55.47%

I tried to upload a file on mediafire but speed was too slow(around 45 KB/s).Is there any free file hosting service with good upload speed and resumable too?I'm in a college use proxy to connect to the internet.The download speed varies between 100KB/s and 1MB/s.

A:Slow upload speed

Here is a list of some, i have not used any of these except filehosting.org. Hope this helps ou get started

http://www.tipsblogger.com/2009/07/10-best-free-file-hosting-service-providers/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442744/slow-upload-speed/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi my download speed and upload speed went very slow a week and half back before this they were fine upload speeds of kb speed Upload slow and download speed of - kb Now my download speed has come back to normal but my upload speed is still slow getting - kb upload rate I use a Upload speed slow router speedtouch Product Name Thompson ST v Serial Number CP JT RA Software Release Software Variant EX Boot Loader Version Product Code Board Name BANT-W Operating system Windows Vista Hijack log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows PixArt Pac Monitor exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myaolbroadband co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myaolbroadband co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search aol co uk web isinit true amp query s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe quot O - HKLM Run Monitor C Windows PixArt PAC Monitor exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quo... Read more

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

My download speed was like 1.53 Mbps and my upload speed was 0.01mbps... i can't upload any file, what should i do? Thanks

A:Can I increase upload speed?

Can you please give a little more information?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-increase-upload-speed.157452/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey

My friend he got comcast right and his upload speed is like 4000 kbps and mine is disappointingly 109 kbps. is there anyway to make it so i can share his upload speed. either a remote connection or whatever, i just need to know, he lives in my neighborhood and etc. please reply asap.

A:Sharing your upload speed

not unless your connected to his router by a rather long cable.
Or Wireless.

If you have the same ISP you might want to try contacting them sounding somewhat frustrated and mentioning "throttling" (They hate that.) but simple put you two should have close to the same upload speed if you are on the same ISP and the same membership plan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-your-upload-speed.656590/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a job offer with at&t but i cant seem to get my upload speed where it need to be I have the highest dsl that they offer believe it 512kb upload is there anyway to up my speed just a little my test results were 409.01 kbps they require Minimum 410 kbps now my upload speed varies from 37-40 when i run the testany ideas? I have done a few registry tweaks but it didnt helpthanks in advanceAmandaEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Upload speed question

Try the Quickstart at http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/index.html , for comparison.

I have cable and my upload speed (right now) is 500 kbps.

DSL is a tad slower than cable when it comes to speeds.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390231/upload-speed-question/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've got 20 meg broadband but my upload speed doesn't go past 100 kb/s. My download speed however is fine and can reach any speed, but my upload seems to be limited.

I have read through all the guides on this site and used the recommended settings, it just seems weird it's only my upload and not download.

I'm using uTorrent and my ISP is Virgin.

Has anybody came across this problem before and got a solution?

Thanks very much

A:Upload speed capped at 100 kb/s

Is your answer here? http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081231021909AA37wR6

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speed-capped-at-100-kb-s.787151/
Relevancy 55.47%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I download something I'll get 160kbps Max on ATT DSL. I was uploading something to MediaFire and my Max speed was almost 500. I always thought DL speed was always faster than UL speed. I'm hoping to get better internet soon. If I try to connect to EA Servers on my Xbox 360, when I play Battlefield, my internet auto-restarts and then I can play.

A:Upload Speed is faster than Download

Look at the upload/download speeds very carefully. Is it mega-bits or mega-bytes per second. Big difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137616-upload-speed-faster-than-download.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i have a msi Motherboard with a amd dual core hypr link a gt evga gb pci exspress card and a nvidia net driver all drivers are current and upto date i am very positive about that about weeks ago my upload lost and cant ago my weeks why speed me isp upload tell 3 speed went from kbs down to kbs i have a wire hgv-b adsl modem with a lan line connection and a MB connection threw At amp T Uverse and they cant figure out what the problem is they have tested the line and replaced the modem times in the last weeks ive lost my upload speed 3 weeks ago and isp cant tell me why tested the connection on every speed test there is on the net and they all come back with the same results according to the config on the modem i have Incoming kbps outgoing kbps now speed test results are this down speed KBps up speed KBps weeks ago the up speed was at - KBs the down speed is fine i hit well over Mbps and the up speed is whats the problem seeing as i own a shoutcast server radio station and was able to send up KBs and still get almost a MBps down speed now i cant even go over kbs up or i wont be able to use the internet or it will be realy realy slow im just woundering if a MB connection from Uverse is the problem or if i did something or if this seems like a isp lie in speed and should tell them to go F ck themselfs and find a new isp any ideas or help would be much appreciated

A:lost my upload speed 3 weeks ago and isp cant tell me why

I had exactly the same problem. Turned out to be the nVidia network configuration. From your Control Panel, open the NVIDIA Control Panel. Under network settings see if "Enable First Packet" is checked. It may well be as that is the recommended configuration. Change the configuration to Disable FirstPacket and see if it helps. It dramatically improved uploads from my computer to a local network server. I can now upload in a couple of seconds what took 5 minutes before.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/224670-lost-my-upload-speed-3-weeks-ago-isp-cant-tell-me-why.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Has anyone had this upload slow speed? Sudden problem before I m running windows xp and all of a sudden Sudden slow upload speed? yesterday my upload went from around mb which is my limit for my ISP to anywhere between - kbps My download speed is just as quick as it s always been I have called my ISP Shaw and they suggested something is blocking my connection because my ping was either really high or really low I apologize I don t understand how ping works I just ran a speed test and the ping was at ms and the upload was kbps it took nearly minutes to calculate the upload speed I was told a virus could be blocking my connection so I have ran numerous anti-malware removal programs including Sudden slow upload speed? SuperAntiSpyware malware-bytes avira anti-vir cc cleaner spybot search and destroy they removed some viruses but still have not fixed the problem My ISP s customer service rep suggested that maybe download accelerator plus may be blocking it but it didn t fix it either I ve also tried a system restore to a point that was about a month ago I m completely lost and would rather not wait a couple days and pay the computer store to clean my computer I apologize for just joining and making this my first post but I m desperate Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

My wife s Samsung laptop started exhibiting problems when she tried to upload attachments to web-based email I eventually ran a speed test on several different sites and found that while (Speed Tests) Upload Fails the download portion of the test was great the upload portion Upload Fails (Speed Tests) always failed It actually seems to run but slows down and eventually times out Several other Upload Fails (Speed Tests) devices using the same wireless router work fine I ve tried several things - Rebooted the router - Taken down the firewall Windows - Completely removed the virus software AVG - Ran virus and malware checks - Rebooted in safe mode with networking All have no effect except rebooting in safe mode Then the upload works like a Upload Fails (Speed Tests) champ So it seems to me something is running that is blocking the upload I ve even went into MSCONFIG and systematically disabled services to see if any of them were the problem again to no effect I m pretty much out of ideas Anyone help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD E A E A E A EA EA Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Thanks kep nbsp

A:Upload Fails (Speed Tests)

how did you remove AVG - did you use the tool -see below

you also have Avast - it may be worth removing

you could try a clean boot and see if that helps
have a read here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

see if that works - if it does - use the "add half" process to add back items -

AVG Removal Tools
http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities
http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities

> removal tool, that can be used with AVG 2013 http://www.avg.com/tools#tba2 - > on Installation Tab > use the AvgRemover
> removal tool, that can be used with AVG 2012 http://www.avg.com/tools2012.tpl-mcr1#tba2 -> on Installation Tab > use the AvgRemover
> removal tool, that can be used with AVG 2011 http://www.avg.com/tools2011.tpl-mcr1#tba2 -> on Installation Tab > use the AvgRemover
> removal tool, that can be used with AVG 9.0 http://www.avg.com/tools9.tpl-mcr1#tba2 -> on Installation Tab > use the AvgRemover
> removal tool, that can be used with AVG 8.5 http://www.avg.com/tools8.tpl-mcr1#tba2 -> on Installation Tab > use the AvgRemover

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-fails-speed-tests.1114329/
Relevancy 55.04%

How to limit upload speed on win7? I already tried netlimiter and few other programs and when i set upload limit to lets say 30 its keeps uploading between 15 and 45 so middle is 30. Is there a upload limiter where i can decrease these difference by 15?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519632/how-to-limit-upload-speed-on-win7/
Relevancy 55.04%

are there any ways to limit the download or upload speed of IE7?

A:How Can I Limit The Download Or Upload Speed Of Ie7?

Have you looked into a proxy?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57645/how-can-i-limit-the-download-or-upload-speed-of-ie7/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello am from Lithuania Europe Have wired LAN internet direct to PC no wireless Mbps download upload both to Lithuania and abroad Dell Latitude Windows Firewall Nod Windows Noticed my to upload Slow abroad speed upload to Europe is only - Mpbs to Lithuania - - Mbps Download is - Mbps to everywhere in Europe Disabled firewall and Slow upload speed to abroad Nod - nothing changed Scanned with Nod and Malwarebytes - nothing Can t understand Slow upload speed to abroad where the reason is Also have to note my first hop of tracert always gives time outs so time outs for DHCP Sometimes in the morning after turning my Dell on I notice I have upload for Mbps to Europe for - minutes then upload fails to - I also noticed during this short term of that fast upload first hop of tracert gives no time outs Contacted my ISP they came turned their PC on and got - Mbps upload Told problem was on my side and left Any ideas on my upload nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-upload-speed-to-abroad.1167483/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a router Linksys WRT54G. Is there a way in Windows 7 or the router to restrict the upload speed for computers connected to my router (wireless)?

A:Need to Restrict upload speed in router

You might be able to restrict some things if you have any settings named QOS (quality of service). I just looked in my router, it has some settings for that but it appears to be pretty lame in respect to limiting a user to a preset upload speed.

I also checked my switch. I think a managed switch could do all the things you want, and more. It appears to me that a managed switch would do a better job of Traffic Shaping than a router.

Haven't tried any of that, as of yet. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Crash2009

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247385-need-restrict-upload-speed-router.html
Relevancy 55.04%

A few days ago out of the blue my upload speed went down to practically zero. I know it's my computer because the other computers on the network can still upload fine. When I run a speed test the download comes back fine (~1275kbps on a 1536kbps connection) but the upload either doesn't finish or comes back at something like 10kbps. My connection for upload is 800kbps. I use qwest dsl. Thank you for any help.

A:Sudden upload speed slowdown

First of all, are you sure that the other computers are not uploading (P2P) and therefore use the bandwith?
If not, how is configured your connection ? (router, ethernet, wireless, usb)

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/152234-sudden-upload-speed-slowdown.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm currently trying to get an importnt postion for a job but it requires a upload speed of 635-640.But my computer upload speed is currently 437.10 ,what can literally make my upload speed run faster? PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS ISSUE,THANKX!*

A:slow upload speed from internet

Ultimately the upload and download speeds you get are determined by your Internet connection. You need to contact your ISP to find out the normal upload speed for your connection. If your speed is substantially slower than this your computer or other hardware may have issues. But in most cases you would need to buy a faster connection from your ISP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-upload-speed-from-internet-610003.html
Relevancy 55.04%

MY internet takes forever to load a page need speed log crawling, hjt upload checked I have dsl elite not dial up I just got through cleaning for vundo and i think there might be some left somewhere or some adware slowing me down Ive ran mutilple checks with various programs ran registry fix my computer runs fast just not internet anymore let me know if you see anything in the log thank you here is the connection test i did testmy net test results Download Connection is Kbps about Mbps tested upload speed crawling, need hjt log checked with kB Download Speed is kB s Upload Connection is Kbps about Mbps tested with kB Upload Speed is kB s Tested From http testmy net Main Test Time - am HJT LOG Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Josh Application Data Microsoft spoolsv exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files UnHackMe hackmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - F E D- A - F-BDB - C A A DC - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - BHO e helper - F E - E - CBE- AE- DD B CC - C Program Files Helper superfindout dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKCU Run UnHackMe Monitor C Program Files UnHackMe hackmon exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA Microsoft Office Off... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/upload-speed-crawling-need-hjt-log-checked-212635.html
Relevancy 55.04%

What is the ratio supposed to be between the download speed and the upload speed in a normal working configuation so upload Why is my Solved: slow? speed My webpages are taking forever to load I Solved: Why is my upload speed so slow? used this speedtest http my verizon com micro speedtest broadband and the result was download speed Mbps upload speed Mbps This problem started yesterday and I don t know how to troubleshoot or fix the problem Here is my system and equipment that I am using My provider is cable Brighthouse hooked up to their Scientific Atlanta modem and from there it is hooked up to a Belkin Connect N wireless router Solved: Why is my upload speed so slow? I am not using the wireless on my laptop but am wired directly to the router Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation MPAD-MSAE Customer Reference Boards Not Applicable Not Applicable Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Why is my upload speed so slow?

What is the ratio supposed to be between the download speed and the upload speed in a normal working configuation?Click to expand...

Whatever your ISP declares it to be (presumably they have configured their network that way). For example, my cable ISP advertises 12 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up.

I'm not convinced that the results from that Verizon test are reliable for people who do not have Verizon service. How about trying Speedtest.net? Using that what results do you get with a connection to the router, and what do you get with a connection directly to the modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-is-my-upload-speed-so-slow.972167/
Relevancy 55.04%

Based on comparing my upload speed between my computers I think someone could possibly have the ability to monitor and hijack my PC I have done internet speed tests from numerous websites speed PC Fishy upload monitored? being on PC suspect PC and PC in safe mode I have tried switching ethernet cables between PC and PC The PC being monitored? Fishy upload speed result always seem to be PC - mbps download mbps upload PC - mbps download PC being monitored? Fishy upload speed mbps upload PC in Safemode - mbps download mbps upload Which made it even more suspicious to me I did not have any peer-to-peer applications running during the speed tests Both PC and PC are connected to a gigabit switch which connects to my router I have windows for my OS Please help me figure out what's going on Edit Nevermind this Figured out that one of the default applications that came with my motherboard Killer Network was limiting my upload speed on all applications Good to know Please lock or delete this thread

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610483/pc-being-monitored-fishy-upload-speed/
Relevancy 55.04%

is there any way to increase my upload or transfer speed, or get it back to normal?

A:2000Pro upload speed got slower

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://charter.msn.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\PROGRA~1\ZONELA~1\ZONEAL~1\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeadAIM] rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\AIM\\DeadAIM.ocm",ExportedCheckODLs
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-us/4,0,0,76/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6FDB0065-2787-11D6-B1D8-0001023916FC} (CLOActiveXInstaller Control) - http://www.igl.net/clo/install/CLOActiveXInstallerProj1.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2003120501/housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {80DD2229-B8E4-4C77-B72F-F22972D723EA} (AvxScanOnline Control) - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/bitdefender.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/unicode/iuctl.CAB?38266.9084953704
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} (YAddBook Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/suite/autocomplete.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,16/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {C5E28B9D-0A68-4B50-94E9-E8F6B4697516} (NsvPlayX Control) - http://www.orbitalgrooves.com/nsv/nsvplayx_vp6_mp3.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC05BC12-2AA2-4AC7-AC81-0E40F83B1ADF} (Live365Player Class) - http://www.live365.com/players/play365.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000pro-upload-speed-got-slower.312147/
Relevancy 55.04%

My pc problem? the is my Slow Upload speed, friend has highspeed cable and is getting kbps dl but only kbps upload Thats right I didn't miss a number kbps upload I had her send me her hijackthis log file I don't Slow Upload speed, is my pc the problem? see anything too out of the ordinary but maybe you all do She just got her pc back from the shop I should mention so it shouldn't be her pc but who knows Thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C taclient jre bin java exe C taclient tag tawcl exe C taclient MediaBroker exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office winword exe C taclient taspeedg taspeedg exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Roadrunner R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SiSPower Rundll exe SiSPower dll ModeAgent O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run HPHUPD C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run PhilipsDM quot C Program Files Philips Philips Device Manager Bin DeviceManager exe quot O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embed... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

I'm having serious problems with uploading since I installed the Win7 recently. Whenever I upload something to a site like mediafire, megaupload or even youtube it reports a ridiculously high upload speed like up to 70MB/sec, which I know is completely false since the fastest I've ever gotten on this connection in reality is more like 70KB/sec. The sites will report the false upload speed and the upload will get to 100% in a matter of seconds but then it just hangs at 100%. I've tried every browser and they all have the same problem.

Anyone familiar with this problem or able to offer a solution? I hope it isn't an ISP problem cos that'd just be awkward.

A:Windows 7 false upload speed

might help you out.

Nod32 & False Upload Speeds (Fix)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/36922-windows-7-false-upload-speed.html
Relevancy 55.04%

HELP!!

I do not know what I have done. I have cable with fast d/l speed but u/l speed is terrible. Cable tech support has not been able to help at all. Have read many forums and cannot find anything addressing only upload probs.

Setup:
2 comps connected to dlink di604 router then to motorola surfboard modem. router is just to share internet connection. the comps are not networked.

I keep getting timed out when I send an email w/ 3.7MB attachment using Outlook Express. If I try to send the same with IE the page just locks up. My P2P also has no u/l speed even when set to max.

Cable co says I have the max package which is 5MB down/ 1MB up.

Cant figure out which switch to flip, this slowdown is in both machines.

Thanks

A:Upload speed slow 4 kilobits/sec

Try hooking up one machine directly to the cable modem. See if it speeds up, if it does it's your router. If not, call the cable company back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speed-slow-4-kilobits-sec.465391/
Relevancy 55.04%

I wasnt sure where to post this but for the past couple months my internet has been running a little slower and I have been getting bad lag on XBOX LIVE. I am connected through a wired Linksys Router and have Charter cable internet.

I went to speakeasy.com internet speed test and found that my download speed is 2938 kbps and my upload speed is 222kbps. Is there supposed to be such a large difference between the two and does have anything to do with my lagging connection?

A:download vs upload speed issues

I also ran a diagnostic test on my computer and it says: [00000001] Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller - failed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-vs-upload-speed-issues.456399/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys!
I'm having a big trouble with my internet connection. The Upload speed is extremely slow...
after i got a new mainboard, that problem appears
Here is my http://speedtest.net result:
download speed: 9.45 Mbps
upload speed: Failed, cannot test the upload speed

And the result from http://ip-adress.com/speedtest/ :
download speed: 9.11 Mbps
upload speed: 0.02 Mbps

I'm tired with my suck internet connection! Upload a 1MB photo to Facebook took me hours...
This problem has started for a week and I have no idea how to troubleshoot or fix the problem.
Can you guys help me out
thanks a lot

A:Why is my upload speed extremely slow?

Anyone?
Please help me...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-my-upload-speed-extremely-slow.1092435/
Relevancy 55.04%

My download speed according to speedtest.net is 2.23 Mbps. According to the at&t tech who came to the house it's closer to 3Mbps. (He came about a week ago to tell me my dsl modem had gone bad.) But, the highest download speed I can achieve is 300Kbps. I don't understand why. I have a new dlink router and modem in one. The network is all wired. Does anyone have any idea what cause this issue?

A:Download Upload speed limit

speedtest.net is the correct speed

downloading things is not just dependend on your connection but also on the connection where you are downloading from

for example if your connection is 2000kbps and the opposite connection has an upload speed of 500kbps you wont be able to download faster then 500kbps

also if your provider offers you a connection speed of 3mbps you will never get that exact ammount due to loss on the line its dependend how far away your house is to the main line (telephone central) and how far your modem is from the isra point in the house all those things together create a speed loss so nobody actually gets the maximum speed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-upload-speed-limit-500713.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am on FIOS 35/35 plan.

On my Vista - Download 34Mb/s, Upload 38 Mb/s.

On my Windows 7 - Download 34Mb/s, Upload 3Mb/s.

FIOS tech said the problem is SendBufferSize, They (Verizon) did not have a resolution at this time. How do you change this in Windows 7?

I have already installed FIOS Optimizer. Ive tried speedguide.net advice, same results.

A:Windows 7 on FIOS strangles upload speed

Quote: Originally Posted by thesuperstar

I am on FIOS 35/35 plan.

On my Vista - Download 34Mb/s, Upload 38 Mb/s.

On my Windows 7 - Download 34Mb/s, Upload 3Mb/s.

FIOS tech said the problem is SendBufferSize, They (Verizon) did not have a resolution at this time. How do you change this in Windows 7?

I have already installed FIOS Optimizer. Ive tried speedguide.net advice, same results.

If you can get from verizon the correct value for "sendBufferSize" you can use regedit to modify or insert the value.. Any idea what it should be?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59688-windows-7-fios-strangles-upload-speed.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have done multiple speedtest from www.speedtest.net over the past 3 days and when I am directly connected to my modem, my download speed is roughly 35 MBPS however, when I am on wifi (literally 5 feet from the router) my download speed is roughly 20 MBPS. I have the Belkin F5D8236-4 router found here http://www.engadget.com/products/belkin/f5d8236-4/.

Is this slowdown of speed due to my router/interference or what?

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a feeling this thread is the wrong place!

I am trying to set up an internet connection to get the highest upload speed and reliable speed.

Have settled for an internet package that provides wirless N router and unlimited internet usage.

Now I have to buy a good laptop that has the ability to connect to the n class router. I of course want the laptop to be able to provide the fastest upload speed.

I have found a toshiba intel 7 that has a 802.11 bgn. Would this connect to the wireles n class router, and would it be a good laptop for gaming?

Any other suggestions/recommendations for a fast upload connection would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!

A:Laptop in order to get highest upload speed

Hi notatechi, and welcome to TSG.

Unless you are paying for some extremely fast Internet connection, your upload speed is most likely going to be limited by your Internet connection and not your local network connection of type of computer. Typical residential broadband service is usually advertised by the fast download speeds, while upload speeds are a fraction of the download speed.

I believe the maximum speed for an 802.11n connection, per the original standard, is something like 150 Mbits/sec. The 802.11n standard has been revised a few times and the limit may be more like 600 Mbits/sec. these days.

A computer that supports an 802.11bgn connection means that it can connect to a wireless access point (router) that uses 801.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-in-order-to-get-highest-upload-speed.1085936/
Relevancy 54.61%

Got 50/10 internet today but when I run speedtest with my desktop PC results are following:

I only get about 0.6 Mbps upload with this device but with my laptop (connected it to same cable than my PC) and with my phone (wifi) I get stable 10 Mbps.

I'm using Windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials (same with my laptop). Also tried closing firewall but that didn't make any difference.

A:Slow upload speed with 1 PC, others work fine

Well I got it sorted out, it seems that Net Limiter 3 does limit speeds even while it is not running :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250694-slow-upload-speed-1-pc-others-work-fine.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I m having problems with Wifi download speeds on my new laptop I have ATT Wireless speed DOWNLOAD problem (Upload okay) DSL at home and a Wire HW wireles modem -bit encryption My desktop download upload speed ratio via ethernet is typically kbps--tested consistently through different sites including the ATT speed test page My new laptop s wireless readings however are kbps--yes kbps for download times slower than the upload speed Occasionally once in a blue moon the download speed can go up to kbps for a few secs and Wireless DOWNLOAD speed problem (Upload okay) then drops again The consistent Wireless DOWNLOAD speed problem (Upload okay) continual download speed is around kbps Connection strength btw is shown as excellent in Windows wireless assistant s tray When connected via ethernet the laptop readings are the same as those of the desktop A friend s older Toshiba laptop had kbps readings on that same wireless connection last tested about two weeks ago I ve talked and run several tests with the ATT and Wire guys No help--as far as they can tell there is no problem with the line or the modem My drivers are up to date I ve installed Intel s Wireless Management Suite to see if it could help but it s made no difference Any clues as to what might be causing the download slowdown and how I can fix it Thanks in advance for responses nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-download-speed-problem-upload-okay.513652/
Relevancy 54.61%

In the area I live, AT&T is the only ISP, and they are only able to provide there FastAccess DSL Xtreme 3.0, not available in my area is the FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0

I need to get my upload/upstream speed to a min of 410 kbps, it tests out now to 264.38.

Is there anything I can do or is there something I can purchase that will allow me to increase my upload/upstream speed?

Thanks...

Relevancy 54.61%

i've got telewest broadband 4mb whts my upload speed?

Relevancy 54.61%

Problem: Router upload speed extremly down after connecting computer from 1st floor.

It start happened few weeks ago. I thought it's maybe Comcast problem, but if I connected modem straight to my computer (without the router) - worked perfect. So...

I changed to another router - same result... Than I tested the router by connecting clients one after one. It worked fine utill I connected computer from 1st floor.

I tested again and and again, and I figure out the problem - BitTorrent. I have no idea what is it, never used this, and asked to not use this anymore, because it cause my internet speed.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello there! we are having a Lan Party, and 4/5 people have 94Mbit download speed & 64mbit Upload speed.

the last person has 94 Mbit Download & 0.36 mbit upload, so something is definetly fishy here.

what we have done so far to try and fix it: Tried 3 diffrent cables (even cables others have used that have worked fine), tried connecting him to diffrent switches & directly to the main switch.

we have also updated hes network drivers, nothing has helped.
i myself have a degree in IT support, but i have never seen this before, so i am trying my luck on the interwebs & hoping someone somewhere have seen this issue. and hopefully hes network card is not fried.

A:94mbit Download | 0.36mbit Upload speed...

first thing to check there would be whether his antivirus/firewall is interfering with uploading

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/94mbit-download-0-36mbit-upload-speed.1090422/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am a new DropBox user. I find the upload speed to be quite slow - am getting about 15kB/sec even though I set DropBox preferences for unlimited download and unlimited upload speed. The speed test at DSLReports.com measured my download speed at 580kb/sec and my upload speed at 139kb/sec. Why is DropBox so slow? Is there anything I can do to improve the upload speed? Or is this just a misunderstanding on my part?

Thank you.

A:DropBox upload speed is slow - Any way to improve?

Oops  -  forgot to include my platform in my post.

Windows 7 Home Edition, using Windows Firewall & Avira anti-virus

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488161/dropbox-upload-speed-is-slow-any-way-to-improve/
Relevancy 54.61%

Computer Specs -Quad Core GHz - gb RAM -NVIDIA gts mb - gb Network Adapter -Windows XP -Latest DirectX Internet amp Networking Specs -Rogers Ultra High Speed Extreme Plus game Internet / hosting speed upload mb Canada s fastest and suspose to be most reliable -SMC W-G modem router combo I use straight Lan and not wireless Additional Information -all needed ports are open for the applications -runs in DMZ mode -all anti-virus amp firewalls disabled -cable lines amp ethernet cables are functional -internet provider says everything is running fine on their end The problem When playing games such Internet upload speed / game hosting as Counter-Strike and Warcraft Other players complain about massive lag issues when I host For Warcraft its fine when - join my game but when we get a full house of - within the first couple seconds of the game starting everyone says it lags and over the people get dropped from the game In Internet upload speed / game hosting Warcraft if a player doesn t have the hosted map he she would download off the host first and if the host is currently uploading already to another player then it would download off the next available uploader When I upload a map to somone it can take - minutes when the next available player uploads it it takes - seconds And I ve spoken with those other players who upload faster then me and they use standard cable of like mb thats x slower then mine I can run - copies of World of Warcraft at the same time fine on a west coast server im east coast and I get no latency issues But then when I go to host for - people on a Warcraft game which takes th of internet to process it does t work to well Every possible solution that I could think of over the past few weeks has been checked and double checked over and over and I can t seem to find a solution It was working fine months ago nothing has changed Tests -Speed tests show mbs download kbs upload efficientcy -Ping to modem router and other computers on network are fine Any help on this bizzar matter is greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I explain most of everything on this video just in advance upload packetloss speed, Very high of amounts low this is the first video I ve ever recorded so sorry if I m a little slow on explaining I have had Charter Communications in my house for years about months ago I noticed my upload speed at or less and my packet Very low upload speed, high amounts of packetloss loss at - at random times throughout the day I have troubleshooted absolutely EVERYTHING inside the home new modem directly connected to the modem second PC I m not a internet connection newbie So I called a Charter Tech out he came out and used his pingbox and pinged the line running into my modem and said it was dropping packets so he knew and agreed there was an issue with the connection he then walked outside and pinged the line running into the box on the side of the house and it wasn t dropping packets or it wasn t at the time he then determined that it was the lines running throughout my house so he ran all new cable wire from the box on the side of my house to the modem and cable TV Once he was finished running the new cable lines we came back in and the packet loss had stopped so I thanked him and sent him on his way the next morning I woke up and the same issue was happening so that clearly was not the problem I then called another Tech to come out and this time the Tech came out but the upload speed and packetloss issue wasn t happening so he pretty much said he can t help if there isn t an issue at the time SO MY QUESTION IS What do I do Do I keep calling Charter and have them send techs out all day until one comes out and the issue MIGHT be happening at the time they get here Sometimes the tech can t get here for days the issue might not be happening then I have been told I need a quot Line Tech quot but I have NO idea how to get one of those out Any advice would be STRONGLY appreciated nbsp

A:Very low upload speed, high amounts of packetloss

Keep calling and keep records of times and speeds.
After a few days you may see a pattern. If you do have a pattern, such as time of day, where the sun is warming up things and or drying out things.

We had a kinked over head line, that when it got warmed up it stretched and lost signal strength.
Then another time, a "Box" when cool we lost signal but when it warmed up and dried out we got the signal back.

But in your case it just may be the cable and/or a connection that are on your house.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-low-upload-speed-high-amounts-of-packetloss.1172072/
Relevancy 54.61%

Can anyone maybe tell me how I can raise my download speed/upload speed at uTorrent files?
I am downloading Assassins creed 2 atm, before it was like 500 kb/s.
Now, the download speed is 82 and upload speed is 50kb/s.

Maybe anyone knows how to fix this?
Ty.

A:How to get fasther download/upload speed at uTorrent

Read the rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-fasther-download-upload-speed-at-utorrent.920168/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi. I've been corresponding with windows vista forum for the last week to see get my computer running better. I am starting a customer service job with a company and I will be working from home talking to customers through a headset from the company's website. The company requires at least 1.45Mbps upload speed. I have yet to make that speed. I upgraded my plan with Hughes Net and I'm suppose to get 2Mbps upload, but still no luck. I cannot start my job until I get my upload speed faster. Is there something I can do on my computer to get to the 1.45Mbps upload speed required? I don't want to lose my job because of this problem. Could someone please help me. It would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

Relevancy 54.61%

Starting around monday my internet download speed went from 25-30Mbps to 3 Mbps (tested with speedtest.net and the xfinity speed test.) I've done the tests on three separate computers: two running XP (one wireless, one wired) and one running win 8 (wired.) I've reset the modem (router is built in) as well as unplugged everything for a few minutes and plugged it back in. The modem/router are fairly new, the internet was setup only around 3 weeks ago. I did the dslreports.com line quality test and it showed 7% to 20% packet loss. What can I do to fix this?

Thank you for you time.

A:Download and upload speed randomly got much slower

Since you mentioned using the "xfinity" speed test may I assume that you have Comcast, or at least cable service from some company?

The problem could be anywhere from the ISP to the modem/router. Can you think of any changes around Monday? Such changes could be adding another device or appliance to the electrical circuit powering the modem/router, modifying the coax cables or connections in any way, utility work near the cable drop to your residence, high wind or lightning if you have above ground cables, etc.

If the modem/router is plugged into a surge protector or power strip have you tested with it connected directly to an outlet?

Have you checked with your ISP to see if they know of any problems or have had other complaints from your neighborhood?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-and-upload-speed-randomly-got-much-slower.1128255/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi This issue started about months ago I have noticed the following issues I cannot download large files It starts downloading then it stalls I cannot download videos on Youtube and other video site to stream the video While trying to figure out the problem I ran some speed tests on Upload down speed never finishes slows stalls and then the following sites http www speakeasy net speedtest http speedtest net Having probelms with the upload speed test In http www speakeasy net speedtest the test shows complete but the test keeps on running and upload speed goes down while running the upload speed test on http speedtest net sometimes it cannot connect to server to upload the file When it connects to the server I get error saying that it cannot read the file it uploaded Had Comcast come out to take a look at the cable and they claim that it was the PC s fault and not the cables s fault I have the cable Upload speed slows down then stalls and never finishes coming out of the modem to a linksys router WRT G then to my PC I connected the cable directly from the modem to the PC and still had the same proble I have the following System Manufacturer Velocity Micro Model Edge Upload speed slows down then stalls and never finishes V Processor Intel core Quad CPU Q GHz Memory RAM GB system Type Bits Windows Edition Windows Vista Home premium SP If you need more information let me know I hope you guys can help me Thanks Bob nbsp

A:Upload speed slows down then stalls and never finishes

Test with another computer and/or test your computer on another network.

Try ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speed-slows-down-then-stalls-and-never-finishes.999198/