Windows Support Forum

Need Wifi Internet Connect Wired To Pc/ 2pc's

Q: Need Wifi Internet Connect Wired To Pc/ 2pc's

Good afternoon Geeks.

Because Virgin are lame they are making me wait over a monthy to sort my broadband so i need a temporary solution.

I've been looking into Mifi devices as pay as you go/ rolling contracts however most of the devices lack an ethernet port.

My question is can internet me transfered from the mifi device to my pc via a usb/ micro usb cable?

If yes, can i usb-usb my pc to a second pc so they BOTH have internet access.

A quick response would be beneficial.

Kind Regards.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need Wifi Internet Connect Wired To Pc/ 2pc's

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need Wifi Internet Connect Wired To Pc/ 2pc's

Do both PCs have Wi-Fi?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/need-wifi-internet-connect-wired-to-pc-2pcs.304891/
Relevancy 87.72%

After latest Microsoft update on 9/25/2016 I can not connect to the internet either wired or WIFI. Says network adapter is working fine.  Uninstalled and reinstalled another driver version in compatability mode but no help.  running the troubleshooter it says can not automatically bind to IP address??  Any thoughts?  Was windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 about 2 months ago with no issues.  Can't find a windows 10 driver for my network adapter.  I think it's a Broadband 4313.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-can-not-connect-to-the-internet-either-wired-or-WIFI-after/td-p/5782565
Relevancy 73.1%

Hooked up a new router Wed night (Belkin). It worked fine. The wired computer had no issues and my laptop worked great down the hall. Thursday morning there were no problems either. Last night though neither computer would log on. The laptop would see the network then not connect. The wired computer wouldn't go online at all. When I unplugged the router, the wired computer was able to get online (even though it was still connected through the unplugged router, although I think my son had a USB hookup from the modem to the computer, so I think I understand that). Anyway, I tried resetting the router and modem, but no dice.

Any ideas? Why would it connect and work perfectly fine and then nothing? For either computer? What is the router doing to not allow the signal through even though nothing was changed?

A:Wifi won't connect, wired also flaky

Please supply the following info, exact models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wont-connect-wired-also-flaky.604515/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi only 8 Windows connection Will - connect not to wifi wired I'm alright with technology but I've come across a problem I cannot solve About two weeks ago I turned my laptop on and everything went blank it couldn't read my drives no data nothing After rebooting it a few times with a lot of swearing and Windows 8 - Will not connect to wifi only wired connection threatening Windows 8 - Will not connect to wifi only wired connection to chuck it out of the window eventually everything came back HOWEVER since that night I have been unable to have a stable wireless connection I have even reset my laptop to a factory setting I then sent it away to get repaired and I'm still having the same issue I've spent about two hours on the phone with my ISP but all of my other devices such as phone and iPad connect to the internet fine although it does drop randomly every now and then I have a perfect connection when it is wired and works at a very good speed but if I try to connect to wifi it either says 'Unable to connect to this network' or 'limited' internet connection My wifi also works to my ps and I'm able to stream videos without any annoying buffering The make is Lenovo and the model is Z It's about a year and a half old Is my wifi card if there is one broken Can I just buy a USB port dongle that will connect to the internet Or is there a magical cure

A:Windows 8 - Will not connect to wifi only wired connection

Lenovo g580 wifi fix wach this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWr7v62SD58

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54665-windows-8-will-not-connect-wifi-only-wired-connection.html
Relevancy 68.8%

ok here is what i have main desk top is and a and comps ps3 a and networking wired wifi 3 one wired wired printer help has this help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc AU PCB x C E B Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled it also has a belkin usbwifi alltel g air card what i need help with is want to conect and share the internet and files this comp though a linksys wrt g router that is wired to the ps and a d-link hub the d-link hub is wire to desk tops and a laptop and a hp printer where do i start for some reson i can only have ether my desktops and my main on net or my ps if ps is on and i want to start net on a comp i have to shut off ps and restart all comps what am i doing wrong nbsp

A:help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired

lets see an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-networking-3-comps-wired-one-wifi-and-a-wired-printer-and-a-ps3-wired.1020626/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N with Windows I have been using Time problem fine. with Wired internet access works Internet WiFi. Solved: Warner Internet It worked fine until yesterday WiFi stopped working out of the blue When I tried wired connection works pretty well Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. I do not recall any significant changes to my computer while this happened So now I can connect to the wifi hotspot but it says quot No Internet Connection quot When I connect the LAN wire with the WiFi router internet works The moment I remove it it says No Internet Access although computer is connected to the hotspot and signal is very well The drivers are being shown as up to date in device manager I tried following instructions given here http www wikihow com Repair-Winsock-and-TCP IP This didn t work Problem persists I have been through some threads around here This is the ipconfig output C Users Depp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Depp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter CableNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. A -BA-DB-D - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A B EA- DDD- CED- D- F D D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBBDDF -CCAB- EFF- C - F D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-ACB - - A-EFCE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-access-problem-with-wifi-wired-internet-works-fine.1088713/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a linksys WRT GS wireless router and a Sprint Modem and I am using Windows Vista I can get internet by connecting with a wire to the router but not wirelessly only getting local connection with wireless Settings for Linksys Router Internet Connection Type Automatic Configuration - DHCP -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Optional Settings required by some ISPs Router Name Host Name Domain MTU Auto Size Greyed out but says -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Setup Router IP Local IP Address Subnet Mask -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Address Server Settings DHCP DHCP Server Enabled Starting IP Address Maximum Number of DHCP Users Client Lease Time minutes means one day Static DNS Static DNS Static DNS WINS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Settings for the Sprint Series Modem System Status System Name EMBARQ ZyNOS F W Version V ACZ DSL FW Version TI AR Standard ADSL G dmt WAN Information IP Address IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway Active Can't can when wired on wifi get internet but DNS Primary DNS Secondary DNS VPI VCI LAN Information MAC Address f a d IP Address IP Subnet Mask DHCP Server DHCP Start IP DHCP Pool Size Primary DNS Secondary DNS IPCONFIG in Command Prompt when used on my Vista when connected to the router wired AND wirelessly Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Can't get internet on wifi but can when wired Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe d f d ff c b IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe dc d fe e cd IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e cba b c Link-local IPv Address fe cba b Can't get internet on wifi but can when wired c Default Gateway Need any more info just ask although i doubt u will P S dont really care if u guys know all this also do i need to look into bridging my modem with my Router and exactly what IS bridging and what does it do Oh AND whats the difference between LAN and WAN nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I've been having trouble with my internet connection for the past few days. It seems to be a battle between my router and modem, but my question is about the sidebar on windows 8. When I click on the internet connection icon (?) in the lower right hand corner, the sidebar appears, showing the internet connectivity. My PC is wired to the router and modem, so should I need to connect to my router listed under the WiFi listing? Can I be wired and wireless at the same time? And if so, will it cause problems?

A:Internet Connection - WiFi & Wired?

If you are plugged in with a cable and connected wirelessly then Windows will default to the faster connection which is usually the wired one. As soon as you unplug the cable then the wireless connection will be the connection you are using. No problems with that at all.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26201-internet-connection-wifi-wired.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Tech Support Guy System Info or Wifi Wired Internet No Access: Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB No Internet Access: Wifi or Wired Motherboard LENOVO KL Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I cannot connect to the internet via my router either by wifi or ethernet cable It was all working fine until a couple of hours ago I can get online by using my phone as a hotspot and connected to the laptop via the USB cable The phone is connected to the router via WIFI and works find So do other laptops on the same router When I do I diagonse problem in Windows I get quot the DNS server isn t No Internet Access: Wifi or Wired responding quot message I ve tried doing an ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdnd to no avail Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hey everyone I have an issue with internet connectivity I used the internet via wifi yesterday and it worked fine Turned the computer on after hours and no internet Must have lost power during that time no lights on modem router so I rebooted the modem router and laptop I showed connected to the wifi with or Wifi Wired No Solved: Internet no internet My father had me plug in directly out of the modem I did this and still had no internet Our modem showed a flashing pc activity light Solved: No Internet Wifi or Wired wifi and wired Tried a wifi hotspot today and showed connected with no internet When I ran the troubleshoot Solved: No Internet Wifi or Wired I received the following home and hotspot Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource DNS server is not responding My computer works fine otherwise Also my parent s laptop works like a champ last night and today on the internet wifi Trying to get this cleared up before classes start next week There may be a slight delay in my responses due to the problem Any help is truly appreciated Thanks Golferguy s Daughter nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Im an american that relocated to canada to play online poker Internet in building? for to internet it possible get a wifi shared me Is wired is very important to me First place i stayed at the internet was wifi very very bad and unreliable Moved to another apartment and was told internet here in this building is Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building? very fast in montreal uses videotron Well many times the internet has problems and doesn't connect or works but it disconnects on and off or is very very slow basically doesn't work Thing is when i was looking for an apartment i have to look for a furnished place and of course internet Some places they told me the internet has both wired internet and wireless I prefer wired b c its more reliable At this building internet is wireless wifi and shared between apartments I use the internet more than anyone im pretty Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building? sure People here probalby just go online very little a day but to me i need it on all day The router is about floor Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building? when i go down the stairs Its basically in this room where there are routers there and connections I was told if internet is ever slow or doesn't work just go there and unplug the router wait minute then plug it back in I did that last time and it worked but didn't work that well and i had to wait a while for the wifi to work My quesiton is is there a way for me to get wired internet I know some apartments here in montreal have option of wired as well I wonder how this would be even possible I mean is each apartment given a router and a modem inside the apartment Or would they have to connect a wire from the modem in the apartment to the router outside the apartment I know you can call and have wired internet installed from a company but probably is i only need it for few months and i think many only do year contracts Does anyone know what other options i have I think the other option is to get a wireless internet stick and use that if my wifi doesn't work Again my building is a bunch of apartments that are all furnished and everything with cable tv and internet and electricity I had moved here b c i was told the internet was very fast and reliable but its not that reliable I dont even care about speed that much i just cannot have disconnections Thoughts

A:Is it possible for me to get wired internet in a wifi shared building?

The fact that residents have access to the router at any time would be a big concern for me personally in terms of security especially if I was doing online poker. I take it the routers are small Linksys or smaller types of routers rather than enterprise grade? 16 apartments sharing the same wireless signal with potentially multiple devices in an apartment! That will simply kill any end user wireless router. Since you technically aren't authorised to change anything I cannot offer any support that would require configuration changes on the router end.

Do any other people suffer the same issue? Do you receive any disconnections on public WiFi? This can help determine if your machine is the issue or the supposedly throttled wireless network.

When obtaining a wired apartment, you will normally get an RJ45 hole in the wall with a cable to which you can then connect a single device or router for network connectivity. You will not need a modem at all. Your wired connection will pass through the building where your bandwidth will be controlled and then routed to the internet.

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308129-possible-me-get-wired-internet-wifi-shared-building.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, I know the dangers of using public unsecured Wifi or wired connections, such as, those at hotels.

I am thinking about purchasing a VPN based public wifi protection firewall, such as, the one offered by Comodo, Comodo TrustConnect for vacation

TrustConnect Wi-Fi Internet Security Features:
Securely encrypts all data transmitted over both wired and wireless Internet connections
Creates a Virtual Private Network to hide all personal web-surfing information
Utilizes industry-standard 128-bit encryption

Is it going to be the equivalent of my home wifi that is secure with password?

Any other products you guys know of and trust for this purposes?

Thanks!

A:Public Wifi/Wired Internet Question-Help Please

Generally this would be similar to using a proxy server when connected to another network. There are software based options available for proxy VPN services online that are relatively inexpensive (roughly $30.00 per year) and is as simple as opening a software and using a username and password to login.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551342/public-wifiwired-internet-question-help-please/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all i use a laptop that has Ethernet and WiFi cards usually i use WiFi only as default internet source but when i connect the Ethernet cable- gt the WiFi network doesn't stop or shut down automatically -in such situation does really network act parallel -is there a way to quot tell quot windows that when Ethernet network is on WiFi network adopter will close it self i don't want to Disabling enabling in device manager every time Thanx edit i Internet Wired to the at wifi connections time? same and the tried this but didn't work quot You can change the order in which Windows connects to different network adapters to do this go to the Network Connections window there press Alt select Advanced gt Advanced connections open the Adapters and Bindings Tab There you can change the order of the network adapters in your case try placing your LAN connection to the top of the list this should cause windows to use the braodband Ethernet connection when it's available and only go via wireless when not quot

A:Wired and wifi connections to the Internet at the same time?

Quote: Originally Posted by prukeyhi

~~~
-in such situation does really 2 network act parallel?
~~~

Not normally. It would take special software to make that happen and probably a special router.

Quote: Originally Posted by prukeyhi

~~~
-is there a way to "tell" windows that when Ethernet network is on , WiFi network adopter will close it self?
~~~

You might check to see if the Wireless Network Adapter has a "disable upon wired connect" setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386821-wired-wifi-connections-internet-same-time.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I've a wired network at home like this:

Code:
Internet
|
ADSL Router
|
Dlink Switcher
|
I'm going to buy a new tablet (ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10), which supports internet through wifi. I was wondering how can I share the internet access with the new device? What new devices should I buy and what changes are required to my network setup?

Thanks in advance.

A:How to share wired Internet access with WiFi device

I figured it out, I need an AP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-share-wired-internet-access-with-wifi-device.199110/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey everyone I really need your help. I woke up this morning to find my computer constantly shutting down to protect my computer. So i ran my windows xp disc, formatted my computer and wiped/re installed it all. Now I have activated windows but I can't connect to the wired internet.
The setup is my Dad has his computer next to router etc, with me in another room with wired internet, and another computer/xbox in other rooms also wired.
I have looked on the internet and one word keeps popping up which is drivers. I know very little if anything about computers so I'm really struggling. I just don't know how my PC isn't connecting. The ethernet is in the back plugged in and i presumed it would pick it up...I wish...Please help...at my wits end.

A:Please Help I can't connect to my wired internet

After you installed XP did you install the chipset drivers and network card drivers? What brand/model is the PC or if home built which motherboard do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-i-cant-connect-to-my-wired-internet-577264.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Alright so this is my dilemma I am connected to the internet through a wired connection I am also setting up a wireless printing network Here is the problem whenever I connect to the wireless router so that I can share my printer I cannot browse on the internet The vista network logo on the toolbar also loses the quot earth quot in the symbol but yet says that I am connected to local and internet Now what really confuses me is that I can still use AIM but yet both firefox and IE does not connect to the internet As soon as I disconnect from the Wireless network my internet comes right back the Solved: internet separate to Cannot when WiFi wired browse a connected I have searched for hours on this and could not find much other than changing my metric setting which also didn t change anything I believe it is a vista setting because others with Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi the same basic setup except for the fact that they have XP can still connect to the WiFi and browse the internet through the LAN Here is a link to a screenshot of my computer specs http img imageshack us my php image specsht jpg And here are my IPCONFIG results when connected to both Wired and Wireless Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users schmiddj gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name schmiddj-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi Area Network Physical Address - - - C- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- -CB-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Mittwoch November Lease Expires Sonntag Dezember Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R MM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - F- - C-A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ac b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a ca df f fdfc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe df f fdfc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DDD A -AABE- -BD - C F C br AC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users schmiddj gt Any help is much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot browse the internet wired when connected to a separate WiFi

The direct solution to your problem is to assign a static IP address (make sure it is outside the wireless router Dhcp server's address range) and mask, leaving the Gateway and DNS blank.

Windows XP defaults to the wired connection when multiple Gateways are specified, which may explain why the other PCs do not have the same problem.

There is a reason why you need to use two different networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-browse-the-internet-wired-when-connected-to-a-separate-wifi.766271/
Relevancy 65.36%

First time post I'm on the verge of giving up working this out on my own Kindly let me know if I've failed to follow any forum decorum or done the basic checks on my in tethered), all & & Win7 Ubuntu? but in No wired (wifi internet work own or anything thanks I'm on Win Home Premium but dual-boot into Ubuntu most of the time Decided to try and upgrade to Win so boot into Win after months of not having been there and I have Windows Update do its thing On one of the reboots the internet stops working Here are the things I've tried and various combinations of them Restarted a lot Wireless Wired Tethered from phone wifi on two different phones Tethered from phone data on two different phones Uninstalled the NIC driver downloaded from manufacturer's website and reinstalled Uninstalling the Windows Updates System Restore but for some reason all my restore points don't work Restarted my router Restarted my modem Called my ISP and checked that nothing looked wrong Thing is all of the above wired wireless tethering all ways works in Ubuntu That probably suggests this is not a hardware issue Network and Sharing Center keeps suggesting that I am connected to the internet with every method of connecting that I have listed above but I can neither access any websites nor ping them I still can go to my router configuration page Attached is my ipconfig Please let me know what other things I should do to diagnose and solve my internet problem Thank you so so much for all your help I freaking want Win now No internet in Win7 (wifi & wired & tethered), but all work in Ubuntu? more than ever with all this happening

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381139-no-internet-win7-wifi-wired-tethered-but-all-work-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So just this past weekend I re-installed Windows 8.1 on my dad's ASUS Notebook (K55N), but now its WiFi internet speed is a good ~25% slower vs wired directly to the router (Linksys E4200), that was definitely not the case prior to the fresh install. I did run Windows Update just after the install just to make sure it downloaded the latest driver for the WiFi Network Adapter (it did download one).

Power Plan is set to High Performance.

I really have no idea what's going on, my dad has another laptop, and there, its internet speed is exactly the same Wireless vs Wired.

I really need your help here, thanks.

ASUS K55N: Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

A:ASUS Notebook WiFi internet speed slower vs wired

Sometimes the Windows update drivers make things worse. Did you try the ASUS drivers? Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47933-asus-notebook-wifi-internet-speed-slower-vs-wired.html
Relevancy 65.36%

i have Lenovo thinkpad e531 x64 win 8

I just got new speed internet and when I connect my computer using ethernet it's signifiantly slower than wireless on the same laptop.

On my other laptop the wired produces very fast results (faster than wifi) so the problem is my laptopr's ethernet connection.

what can i do?

My ISP provider came with his working laptop, pluging in my ethernet cable in his laptop and the internet speed it was 300mb/s.
and on my laptop is 17 mb/s....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383335-wired-internet-speed-much-slower-then-wifi-lenovo-thinkpad.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Recently the internet on wireless computers went out It seems to come back occasionally if I hard reset the router however its Cannot Wireless on devices, connect can wired on internet internet. to extremely tempremental The issue seems to be that I cant ping the Default Gateway IPconfig -all is below Windows IP Configuration Host Name seven Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Cannot connect to internet on Wireless devices, can on wired internet. Controller Physical Address - -E - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e f a c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A- - - -E - - -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B B E- AE - - D - F C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c e d b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c e d b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled This happens on all computers and a kindle Macs included Anyone have any ideas or need any more info nbsp

A:Cannot connect to internet on Wireless devices, can on wired internet.

I don't see any wireless network adapter in the info you posted.

Regardless, if the same problem happens with multiple devices, then there's clearly something wrong with the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-on-wireless-devices-can-on-wired-internet.970969/
Relevancy 64.93%

I connected my computer to my router though an Ethernet cable. But my computer did not "see" the network. I dropped a wireless adapter into the computer and it picked up the network just fine.

I just built this computer, and installed windows 7 home premium 64bit. Normally I would just use a wireless adapter anyways, but this computer is going somewhere that does not have a wireless router.

Thanks for your time
Brad

A:Cannot connect to the internet though a wired connection

Hiya pal and welcome to the forums

Could you fill out your system spec in full please .... this might help us figure out your problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221792-cannot-connect-internet-though-wired-connection.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Just did a clean windows x installation on a build a box computer with a new hard drive Install went fine Plugged it in to my month old Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router WRT GL and it doesn't recognize that there is any connection at all Windows says quot No connections are available quot and troubleshooting can't identify the problem The light on the router and on the computer comes on I am running a wired connected XP computer and Win x wireless connected computers just fine Ran ipconfig all and it came up as follows Host Name Bottomdweller-PC Primary DNS suffix Node Type Hybrid IP routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No There is no Ethernet Adapter Local Area wired connect or Can't my the Router internet to Network listed at all That seems to be the crux of the problem It does show up when I run it Can't connect to the internet or my wired Router on my XP connected system I went through everything listed in wired pc won't connect with router and nothing worked When I typed type ncpa cpl into the search box and hit enter I get a blank box Nothing listed at all Again no LAN All wires are connected I've tried booting in Safe mode with networking I've Can't connect to the internet or my wired Router even connected the computer directly to the cablevision modem I've installed a USB Linksys wireless adapter and although it installs fine it doesn't see the router at all I've also tried reinstalling the router directly on this computer but it doesn't see the router at all I've tried setting up a new connection or network Connecting to a network and choosing a homegroup and sharing option but since you need a network to connect to first I couldn't do it At this point I'm at a total loss Help

A:Can't connect to the internet or my wired Router

Welcome Bottomdweller

Is the ethernet connection integrated on the MB ? On this build a box computer, did you get a driver disk with the MB ? Did you install the MB Drivers ? Does your network adapter show up in Device Manager ? What is the make & model of your MB ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/167110-cant-connect-internet-my-wired-router.html
Relevancy 64.93%

This is my first post so hi!

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and it's been working fine for a few days, but since yesterday I can only use the internet when i connect using wireless. My other PC and xbox are not having any trouble (they are wired). The network is showing as unidentified and when I diagnose I get the message "Local Area Connection doesn't have valid IP configuration".

Can anyone help with this? I really hate using wireless.

A:Can't connect to internet using wired connection

Welcome!

What does your LAN properties say?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/66253-cant-connect-internet-using-wired-connection.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I recently purchased internet wired/wireless connect Cannot to a new acer laptop with windows xp sp I have tried connecting wirelessly using the Cannot connect to internet wired/wireless built in wireless pci card but no luck The card is fine it is enabled drivers are good everything It finds my router I hit connect in windows it asks me for the wep key I insert it then it says connecting or waiting on wireless network with a picture of a pc connecting to a server the status bar goes back and forth for about a minute then it stops closes the dialog box and never connects The weird thing is under properties in internet connections I insert the wep key which is keys long but it always seems to erase it and replace it with like characters or so I even connected the laptop to an ethernet cable clicked internet explorer but it said I was offline I looked under the connection windows and it said the connection was live and working I just don t know what to do I have read every article online with no solutions Someone PLEASE help ME nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

My comcast cable modem went kaput a few days ago. I bought a new motorola surf modem. I just purchased a new d-link dir 825 modem today as I thought my other router went bad too. I am able to access the internet on the wireless portion but cannot connect wired. The router is connected to a 24 port switch that is connected throught my wired house network. The computers do not recognize or see my home network, only the wireless one. All of the cables are good. Even when i connect from the new router directly with a an ethernet cable to my laptop it does not see the wired network. There has to be some kind of software setting that is out of wack as it does not appear to be a router, switch or cable issue. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

A:Can't connect to the internet wired, only wireless

Soulds like a NIC clone issue u got there (feature needs to be enabled on the router). The Router hasn't learnt of your ethernet connection, to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89207-cant-connect-internet-wired-only-wireless.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there I was using my HP Pavilion dv one day when the internet decided to stop working I am running Vista and the wired to connection connect internet on Can't network connection in the bottom right corner noted that I was running on only a Can't connect to internet on wired connection local connection rather than local and internet I figured that maybe my ISP had disconnected me Not the case - even had a repairman in to help me out but he didn t have a fresh clue Didn t help that I am currently living in South Korea and he doesn t know english Anyways he plugged in his laptop and showed me that it worked fine on his computer so he couldn t do anything for me When I find a wireless hotspot my wireless works just fine but I can t get a wired connection working Tried using a different modem and had the same problem Although I tried a friend s wired connection and it worked problem free So I figure maybe some of my wires or both of my modems are faulty but that doesnt make sense in the way that the repairman was able to connect on his computer problem free Anyways if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated Cheers Phil nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

My desktop cannot connect to the internet. It is using a wired connection. I tried connecting to the internet both wired and wirelessly with my laptop and it was able to access the internet both times. I used the same ethernet cable for my laptop and desktop too. Could this be a hardware problem for my desktop, or could there possibly be settings on my desktop that are screwed up within it? When I plug the wire into my desktop, light from the plug comes on, both green and orange. And when I look at my modem, it shows that my desktop is in fact connected to it. The bottom right corner of my desktop shows that there is a computer screen with a caution sign in front of it, meaning "No internet access". Please help!

A:My Desktop cannot connect to the internet! (wired)

Do you have a dedicated ISP you subscribe to? Have you called and talked with them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325427-my-desktop-cannot-connect-internet-wired.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My desktop cannot connect internet! My cannot to (wired) the Desktop connect to the internet It is using a wired connection I tried connecting to the internet both wired and wirelessly with my laptop and it was able to access the internet both times I used the same ethernet cable for my laptop and desktop too Could this be a hardware problem for my desktop or could there possibly be My Desktop cannot connect to the internet! (wired) settings on my desktop that are screwed up within it When I plug the wire into My Desktop cannot connect to the internet! (wired) my desktop light from the plug comes on both green and orange And when I look at my modem it shows that my desktop is in fact connected to it The bottom right corner of my desktop shows that there is a computer screen with a caution sign in front of it meaning quot No internet access quot I ve been having weird issues with my router recently It was going on and off the past week and then yesterday it just completely stopped My modem was not My Desktop cannot connect to the internet! (wired) able to receive anything from the router Today I called the company and they reset my signal and said everything seems to be fine with my router The modem was still not working so I got another modem the same modem that was used when testing my laptop and desktop in the first paragraph and those were the results I portforwarded the other week and I dont know if any of this has to do with my desktop not connecting to the wired internet but I was doing some whacky stuff on my desktop under Networks when attempting to portforward so I feel like I should say this to make sure these aren t potential causes I have a technician coming tomorrow anyway to check the router out but since my laptop is working I feel like Im pointlessly making him come out here to look at a working router Pls help and thank you nbsp

A:My Desktop cannot connect to the internet! (wired)

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-desktop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-wired.1122038/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Vista on it. We just recently got wireless internet for the house. The software for the wireless internet downloaded fine the first day, and the computer connected to the internet. I surfed for no problem for the first week. Then problems started to arise. The computer won't connect so I plugged it into the wireless router, and the internet worked. Then that won't even work. I uninstalled the wireless software, but when I went to reload it, it won't load because of C++ Runtime error. The computer says it has a wireless local connection with local at IPv4 and limited at IPv6. The computer won't work when it is plugged into the wireless router and internet modemn either.

A:Can not connect to internet wired or wireless

Connect with a wired connection to the router and post the following.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-connect-to-internet-wired-or-wireless.932483/
Relevancy 64.93%

im havin the same problem as listed by another user here http forums techguy org networking LED TV internet via to my wired connect LG 3D Cannot router the -lg-tv-wireless-dns-issue html i was able to connect to the gateway and got stuck at the DNS SERVER i connected my pc to the network and found out these details Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Cannot connect my LG 3D LED TV to the internet via wired router Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b aa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June PM Lease Expires Wednesday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C - A- D- - - - -C - DNS Servers Cannot connect my LG 3D LED TV to the internet via wired router NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled even after entering all the details manually after referring to the above details the connection settings stopped at the DNS SERVER i got this error Failed to connect the network Cannot connect with a name server Home netowrk is available Check the DNS server address and contact the Internet service operator please help me out of this thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all After system restore on my HP pavillion dv running XP Home SP the internet stopped working It was working fine before the restore All other machines in the house work and connect I have tried many things but no luck - renewed IP - rebuilt IP stack Cannot to connect internet...wired or wireless - Cannot connect to internet...wired or wireless disabled network cards shut down forced computer to recognize and reload drivers - reloaded SP - hard restart on modem computer router - checked a multitude of settings auto configure on - upgraded modem to lynksis E Here is the ipconfig all script Windows IP Configuration host name pc primary DNS suffix node type unknown IP routing enabled No WINS Proxy enabled No DNS Suffix Search om cox net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connectio Physical Address - - - -A - E Ethernet adapter wireless Network Connection Connection specific DNS Suffix om cox net Description Intel R PRO wireless ABG Network Physical Address - - - C- -FF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday December PM Lease Expires Monday December PM My laptop will show connected to the network wired or wireless but no access to the internet All help is greatly appreciated Mark

A:Cannot connect to internet...wired or wireless

When I had this problem a couple days ago, and I too tried everything. The only way I could get it working was to remove the WEP password from the WiFi router and change the SSID. (You can unplug the modem during this). Shut down everything, then rebooted. Everything worked and I could access the router with the new SSID. Then I set a new password for WiFi in the router, turned the modem and other computers on, accessed the new SSID and entered the new password and everything worked on all the computers.

Good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-connect-to-internet-wired-or-wireless-535309.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Help!!

I got a new Compaq CQ40 laptop and i can't connect to the wired or wifi internet at work..

i've tried everything i've seen on the firums..

it works fine on both wired and wifi at home..

also i was able to connect wired top our lan when i first bought it a week agao.

A:Can't Connect to the internet at work both wired and wi

It would seem at work you may have some network restrictions setup by your Network admin there. And what ports are available for networking connections etc. You would be best to check with your Network people first.

What can you tell us about your work network, wifi setups?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59372-cant-connect-internet-work-both-wired-wi.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a W7 desktop, internet tv, and an Windows xp laptop wired connected to a switch that is connected to a wireless and wired router connected to a cable modem. The desktop and tv connect and work just fine. The laptop will only connect to the wifi signal but will not connect to the wired setup. I want to use the wired as the laptop location gets a varied wifi signal. When I connected the desktop to the broadband, I was asked for and entered my username and password which resulted in a successful connection. When I did the same thing on the laptop, I get a message that says it cannot connect. When I run trouble shoot, I get a message that says their is nothing wrong with my connection?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, BK

A:Laptop won't connect to wired internet.

Hello,

This Thread is now Closed, you are being assisted in Networking Support.
Desktop connects to wired internet,laptop will not.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-connect-to-wired-internet-676817.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My Windows Vista HP desktop PC refuses to connect to the internet. If in safe mode with networking internet works. Also if in normal mode it works ok every once in a while but is not dependable. Any ideas? I'm thinking Virus or similar, or maybe a driver.

A:Can't connect to wired broadband internet

Hi, we need some info about your system Please go to start search and type:- cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt copy & paste all below in the code box:-

Code:
echo > 0 & ipconfig/all >> 0 & systeminfo >> 0 & netstat -r | more >> 0 & tasklist /v >> 0 & tracert www.google.com >> 0 & net start >> 0 & echo >> 0 & notepad 0
press enter (be patient it will take a min or two).

Please post the notepad outcome here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-wired-broadband-internet-675933.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all

About a week ago, my desktop suddenly got disconnected from the internet, and kept on saying that it was currently connecting to the internet. While all the other wireless laptops in my household work fine. I've called my ISP's tech support, but they didn't help much and suggested a problem in my area and had sent engineers to fix something, but it hasn't done anything. Anyone know what might possibly be wrong with my computer?

Specs:

Windows XP
D-link Router system.

P.S: My OS is in South Korean, and alot of things are in Korean, which for the most part I can't read..So just a heads up.

-Thank you!

Relevancy 64.93%

I disconnected my wired internet on my pc by right clicking on the internet icon down on the right toolbar and therefrom i disconnected. Right now I can't connect it back. I've tried unplugg and plugg it in (not working) and restarting the pc (again, not working). Help?

A:Disconnected wired internet don't know how to connect again

FIXED! i uninstalled hamaichi and then troubleshooted problems. It said "the local area connection adapter is disabled". I fixed it and now it works!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235460-disconnected-wired-internet-dont-know-how-connect-again.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Tech Support Guy internet Cannot SDE with connect through wired router to Hoping you Cannot connect to internet through wired router with SDE have the answer Using a Linksys wired router with iMacs and a Windows PC and everything Cannot connect to internet through wired router with SDE is working just fine connecting to the internet Now I have to use an SDE looks like a flash drive that connects to a usb port to go to work However the SDE will NOT recognize the router and connect to the internet I have to disconnect my PC from the router and connect it directly to the modem in order to connect to the internet I need to be able to do this through the router so I m NOT dead in the water with my iMacs I know it has something to do with the internet settings on the SDE but I m NOT even sure the SDE will allow me to change the settings What do you recommend or what would you do to connect through an SDE Any ideas I have contacted the VSC tech support and they say contact Linksys Linksys says they support the linux the SDE runs on and also say change the settings on the SDE I have to plead ignorance in these matters since this is supposed to be a quot secure desktop environment quot and a completely different operating system Would I damage the SDE if I changed settings Might I set off alarms LOL Not sure it would even allow me to change the ip address and DHCP settings Is that my only alternative Have any other knowledgeable ideas Would appreciate any information you might have to offer Thank you so much for your time Virtual Service Provider VSPACP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-through-wired-router-with-sde.1008187/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am running Windows Vista, on a Compaq.

I am using a d-link DI-524 router, which has been working fine, and still continues to work for the other PC. The wireless function (wi-fi) is also working well, as the MAC laptop and the iPod touch are able to connect to the internet.

I use Static DHCP for the PC in order to open ports for it. I do not use the same feature for the Compaq, but instead enable DHCP to distribute IP addresses to the Compaq.

So the problem is, starting last week, out of the blue, the internet in the Compaq stopped working. When I used the Windows Diagnostics, it said that there might be a DNS problem. There is only Local Connectivity when I connect both Wired-ly or wirelessly. I know this since I am able to access the router's Web Configuration.

Please help me fix this! Thank you in advance.

A:Solved: Cannot connect to the Internet (both wireless and wired)

The fact that wired and wireless both have the issue points to a likely stack corruption issue.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

See if that changes the symptoms.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-both-wireless-and-wired.839885/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all network connect Internet while local(wired) on to Can't I have a laptop on which the OS installed is Windows XP This laptop is in a local network wired network and Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet is also in a wireless network and we Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet access Internet with the wirelesss network The problem is that when I access Internet I can t connect to the local network i e when I ping a machine Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet which is in the local network the ping does not succeed How can I do to be able to access to local network while surfing on Internet I provide the following details about the local network and the wireless network The machines on the local network are connected by switches and there is a Windows Server window controller on this network My laptop is configured to obtain its Ip adress on the local network by DHCP My laptop is also configured to obtain its Ip adress on the wireless network there is a wireless router by DHCP I can access Internet only by wireless network I can not access it by local network Thanks Thanks you in advance for your answers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-local-wired-network-while-on-internet.903237/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I've recently moved house and have signed up with a new internet provider. I can't connect to the internet with a wired or wireless connection. My partner has got the wireless working perfectly on her laptop and I got wifi working on my phone with no problems, so I think it must be something specific with my computer.

I used a wireless connection in my old house, and I remember it took some time to get that working properly too, so obviously my computer doesn't like change!

I'm now getting the IPv4/IPv6 connectivity messages and can't even get close to finding a network.

I would be most thankful for any help you guys can give me!

Cheers!

Relevancy 64.07%

I will try to give as much detail as possible here I am not a computer wiz but I'm no dummy either I have xanadoo internet It is mostly reliable and I know it is not my internet connection because my desktop works just fine in fact I'm using the same ethernet cable for both I just unplug the desktop ethernet and plug it into the laptop I also know the laptop detects the cord because it tries to identify a connection when I plug it in It has never worked for me at home only if I connect through WiFi Here's the weird part I know it CAN work in my apartment because My and is it wired up internet not to set laptop Dell will the connect my brother is tech savvy and I asked him to come over and troubleshoot it and when he tried it it worked like a charm That part is SOOO frustrating to me I've tried about ten different times and it NEVER works I know the internet My Dell laptop will not connect to the internet wired and it is set up is working at those times because I put it right back in my desktop and it works just fine I did try to go to internet options and add a connection even though I don't think it's necessary since it worked for my brother with the same ethernet cord but it asks for a name and password from my ISP which I don't have and when I try to connect without it it said something about a problem with the router but there is no problem with the router I came right back to this computer and as you can see it's working fine Both are Dells The laptop is a Dell M Both running on Vista PLEASE HELP Thank you in advance

A:My Dell laptop will not connect to the internet wired and it is set up

and welcome to the Forum

When you switch from one pc to the other, be sure to Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-dell-laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-internet-wired-and-it-is-set-up-647769.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello all I d really love some assistance with this issue No matter if I have my HP netbook connected to a wired or wireless connection I m stuck on the quot Acquiring network quot prompt I ve followed along in previous threads up until a certain point In the services page DHCP cannot start due to error I tried SFC SCANNOW and the anti virus software on the netbook picked up a trojan that s in this file quot WINDOWS System drivers netbt sys quot My anti virus has quot quarantined quot the virus and it cannot be accessed until the virus software is updated and Laptop or Internet connect cannot to wired wireless can deal with the trojan However I cannot update the software until I can connect to the Internet I m not sure if netbt sys is needed for this I did not see it in the DHCP dependencies list Other than that the SFC SCANNOW option did not find anything else I was thinking I may need to nuke the system and re-install Laptop cannot connect to wired or wireless Internet XP Laptop cannot connect to wired or wireless Internet however this is a netbook and I don t have an XP install CD handy I am however familiar with how to connect the netbook to another computer to use it s CD drive Can anyone think of anything else I can do here I would love to not have to buy an XP install CD Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

So I got home from visiting my fiance and setup my laptop only to find that it Wired Internet Wireless Can. Connect. Can't Interent couldn t connect to the wireless network This had happened before and I d gone to bed and it Wireless Interent Can't Connect. Wired Internet Can. resolved itself No dice this time The wireless internet DOES connect at my fiance s house I ve tried running all my anti spy-ware anti virus and basic scan programs I ve updated the wireless card drivers I ve reset the router and modem many times and tried to quot repair quot the connection many many times I ve reset the computer a few times I even sat through the thick scans my computer has built in when you hit F at the startup No matter what I do I can t get the computer to connect here But the people I live with have no problems As for computer Wireless Interent Can't Connect. Wired Internet Can. stats It s running Windows XP It is using a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card GHz processor Gb RAM Not sure what else to give you so let me know if you need more I basically was Wireless Interent Can't Connect. Wired Internet Can. hoping that someone could tell me a test I could run or something I could reset or something to get it working again it s worked for months now and all of a sudden gives me issues when I come back from my fiance s after a period of time Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I was working on my friend's girlfriend's computer because she felt that there was a virus on it I attempted to do some things System internet to wireless won't wired connect or with it to try to clear it up but to no avail I tried running Malwarebytes on it but it seems as though whatever is on the computer prevents it from running I tried to rename the install files to something else but the system only allows the program to install on the System won't connect to internet wired or wireless computer but not run it I also tried running the Symantec antivirus that was on the computer when I received it but System won't connect to internet wired or wireless that came back with no results Also I cannot connect to the internet using that computer I plugged it directly into the modem but nothing and I attempted to try a wireless connection but that keeps coming back with the message Windows cannot configure the wireless connection If you have enabled another program to mange this wireless connection use that software System won't connect to internet wired or wireless There is not another program on the computer that I could see Thanks for Your Help DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Bridget at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Documents and Settings Bridget Application Data U LaunchPad exe F dds scr C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks Softonic English Toolbar f -f f - -bac -e ec e - c program files softonic english tbSof dll BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Softonic English Toolbar f -f f - -bac -e ec e - c program files softonic english tbSof dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO HP Smart BHO Class ffffffff-cf e- f b-bdc - e e a - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dll TB Softonic English Toolbar f -f f - -bac -e ec e - c program files softonic english tbSof dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun ATIPTA c program files ati technologies ati control panel atiptaxx exe mRun SynTPL... Read more

A:System won't connect to internet wired or wireless

I assume you're posting from another computer, as you don't have an Internet connection on that computer.

Step 1.
Things I would like to see in your reply:

If you are transferring files with a flash-drive then you need to do this on the computer that you are posting from.

Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop. Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

If that doesn't work use Panda USB Vaccine

Step 2.
TDSSKiller:

Please read carefully and follow these steps. Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
Extract its contents to your desktop.
Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Step 3.
ComboFix:

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Step 4.
Things I would like to see in your reply:
The content of the log from TDSSKiller in step 2.
The content of C:\ComboFix.txt from step 3.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/system-wont-connect-to-internet-wired-or-wireless-523901.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have been unable to connect to the wired ethernet in my house. Attached is a screen shot of my ipconfig /all. Wireless works fine, and I know I dont have a default gateway for my wired. How do I fix this, this is driving me crazy? Windows Firewall is on, and Im pretty sure that it is the only one.

A:Desktop won't connect to Internet through Wired Connection

From what I can see here with the default 169. IP showing up, this usually means that the wired connection is seeing the router but it's not giving it an IP as it should be.

Have you tried resetting the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315485-desktop-wont-connect-internet-through-wired-connection.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm attempting to connect to the internet through the wireless router using a wired connection. The wired connection says it's unidentified. I can connect just fine though the wireless, and it works if I connect it directly to the cable modem.

I tried using each of the ethernet slots on the router, but none worked. I thought the router itself was no good, but the problem persists with the new one as well. I've tried a few suggestions from around the net and none of them worked. I've pretty much hit a brick wall at this point.

Relevancy 63.21%

OBJECTIVE:
Currently running a wireless network but I have 2 desktops downstairs that need WIRED internet. I don't want to have to buy 2 wireless cards to connect both machines to the internet AND network (I also need to transfer larger files since we work with heavy graphics).

SETUP:
Both have Gb network cards installed.
- One is a server, running on windows 2003 server
- The other is a regular desktop running win xp pro sp2
I was thinking of purchasing a wireless access point router or bridge that has about 4 ports (in case I add 2 more machines). Would be great too if I can use this same system to upgrade our bluray player =)

Currently, the cable modem is attached to a belkin wireless pre-n router [F5D8230-4] here's link: http://is.gd/mleI

Can someone help?

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,

My HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop recently stopped connecting to the internet. I'm not sure why, but there is an adapter in the device manager under the network adapters called 6TO4 adapter, which has a yellow exclamation mark next to it. It says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I am running my system on Windows Vista Home Premium Servce Pack 1.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 63.21%

I'm trying to fix someones laptop. The wired and wireless internet won't work. The wireless card can see my home network, but after a about 30 seconds after trying to connect it says that the connection has been unsuccessful.

Since it didn't even work in safe mode I thought maybe it was something in the registry. I tried CCleaner and it didn't work.

Also tried, connecting to a different network, uninstalling the drivers (but computer keeps finding the drivers and reinstalling them) , some lines in the cmd that were supposed to reset my tcp/ip settings. I'm lost. Nothing else seems to be wrong with the computer, no other fishy activity. Thanks in advance.

btw Toshiba Satellite Win 7 x64, I have tried wireless and wired and multiple access points.

A:Can't connect to internet. Wired or Wireless. Even in safe mode.

In Safe mode few drivers are running, unless you chose Safe mode with networking, and even then it'd probably only be the ethernet port that worked anyway.

Has your router been programmed with a MAC whitelist?

Resorting to a registry scrubber isn't an awfully good idea...

Are the correct drivers onboard for ethernet and WiFi adapters?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205551-cant-connect-internet-wired-wireless-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Just woke up yesterday and desktop won't access the internet. It shows a normal connection but neither IE nor Firefox will display a page. ("Page cannot be displayed")

Someone on another site suggested trying "netsh winsock reset" which didn't seem to accomplish anything. What can I do to fix this or figure out my problem?

A:Desktop won't connect to internet (wired) but wireless laptop does

I should add that I have not had any problems with my laptop connecting wirelessly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wont-connect-to-internet-wired-but-wireless-laptop-does.108252/
Relevancy 63.21%

For the past week I have had a wireless connection and a wired connection to my router, I cant connect to the internet. Also all of my roommates are able to connect to the internet. I have also tried the TCP/IP Repair stack options but that didnt work. Could anybody please help me out??

A:Have a Wired & Wireless Connection to Router but Cant Connect to Internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-a-wired-wireless-connection-to-router-but-cant-connect-to-internet.740945/
Relevancy 63.21%

One day I to connect Wired cannot suddenly and Internet Wireless NICs came home and my family PC could not load anything in the browser The network icon in the system tray shows connected but the yellow-triangle exclamation point is Wired and Wireless NICs suddenly cannot connect to Internet present Starting in Safe Mode w Networking does allow Internet browsing to work This is used by my kids I think my son tried to install something that is interfering Between the dashed lines are the troubleshooting steps I performed confirmed ------------------------------------------ There are no proxy servers set up in the browser configs I have IE Firefox and Chrome none of them work This problem affects the wired and wireless NICs They will both get a DHCP address from the router but then they will not pass any data They cannot ping the router McAfee Security Center is installed and working properly I disabled the firewall and that did not help The ARP table on the PC looks good and has an entry for everything else on the network including the router I checked the router and the MAC address of the LAN port matches the one in the PC's ARP table Two PS 's an iPads two iPhones and an HP printer all work on the same wireless network without issue My work laptop is working fine on the wireless and it works fine using the same router port and cable that will not work for the home PC All network related services are started on the PC Anti-Virus was up to date to the day networking stopped and a full scan revealed no infections at all DNS entries are present The PC will get DHCP but then cannot communicate or ping anything else in the network It's almost like broadcast will work but not unicast Device manage sees both NICs and their drivers I deleted the NICs and rebooted allowing Windows to rediscover them The problem came right back There are no proxy servers set up in the browser and I have IE Firefox and Chrome None of them work It seems to be O S related since it impacts only this machine affects both NICs and won't even respond to pings -------------------------------------------------------- It looks like System Restore was ever enabled so I may not have any restore points to fall back on Anyone have any ideas for next steps besides re-installing the operating system Thanks

A:Wired and Wireless NICs suddenly cannot connect to Internet

What DHCP address are they recieving from the router, and what brand router do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253167-wired-wireless-nics-suddenly-cannot-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I just did a fresh install of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and it won't connect to the internet.

The ethernet port has blinking lights.

The notification icon area has 1 internet icon labelled 1394.
This connection has the following items under its properties:
Client for microsoft networks
File and printer sharing for microsoft networks
and internet protocol (TCP/IP).

I go to Install and it doesn't list ipv6.

0 Bytes Sent and 0 Bytes Recieved.

... I have a cable modem provided by the High Speed ISP and one ethernet cable leads from it to the ethernet port on the computer... I powered off and powered on the cable modem and nothing changed. Wireless internet works still.

****I try clicking REPAIR and the following error displays:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Failed to query TCP/IP setting of the connection. Cannot proceed. For assistance contact the person who manages your network.

A:[SOLVED] Fresh install XP Pro x64 won't connect to Wired Internet

P.S.

If you need screenshots of whatever, let me know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-fresh-install-xp-pro-x64-wont-connect-to-wired-internet-765490.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi! I'm Chrissy. I recently reinstalled windows 7. That all went well and I had the desired outcome. One little problem though - no internet. I'm directly connected to my Linksys E2000 router. When I connect the ethernet cable into its Jack, the light comes on. The wireless is working fine (I'm connected to it right now, using my phone to type this very post.) The ethernet controller in my device manager has a on the icon. I have no ida what to do, what drivers to install ... anything. I'm at a complete standstill. Any help? Thanks so very much

A:reinstall of Windows 7 - Can't connect to internet wired thru router

Hi chrissy welcome to Sevenforums

What is your exact Laptop model or Motherboard model ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288014-reinstall-windows-7-cant-connect-internet-wired-thru-router.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I was wondering if it's possible to connect to the internet with an iPod Touch wirelessly using a wired network. I was thinking that maybe you could plug something into the usb slot on the pc and then it could send out signals so my iPod touch could connect to the internet wirelessly. Is this possible?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I am working on my friend s computer it has not been able to connect to the Internet since some time in July Wired or wireless networks he has tried several including where he works school mine and several others through wifi and hooked directly He noticed the problem not or Wired Internet, Wireless Vaio connect Sony to will Solved: started when he attempted to uninstall an antivirus software called WebRoot while he was running the installer for MS Security Essentials The details are a little fuzzy at that point but he says it kept rebooting and a friend of his booted it up in safe Solved: Sony Vaio will not connect to Internet, Wireless or Wired mode and restored the machine to it s last restore point before the issue and then tried installed an updated driver for the wifi adapter as he read it can cause the kind of problem it was having I am not sure if the Internet connectivity problem was happening before this or because of this It s been a few months so it s been forgotten It will recognize wireless networks but then when you attempt to connect it will say it had trouble connecting and is not connected but then says quot limited connectivity quot by the wireless network you tried to connect to When turn wifi off and hook a cable in the Local Area Connection with go from quot network cable unplugged quot to quot enabled quot but will not recognize the network or connect All of the windows tools say it is a driver problem with both I got the computer yesterday and it had no antivirus on it Webroot or MS Security Essentials It had Windows Defender on but it was disabled I went through his programs and deleted useless stuff and programs that I have read cause Internet connectivity problems like Bonjour I ran CCleaner after this rebooted I installed Windows Service pack that I noticed must have downloaded but not been installed back before the problems started No effect on the problem I disabled Windows Firewall tried connecting same problem I re-enabled them I installed MS Security Essentials to make sure it didn t cause the problem of rebooting that my friend had earlier It installed with no problem but it is disabled and it can t run without being connected to get updates it says Finally I moved on to the drivers I removed them all from device manager reinstalled them using the downloads on the SONY site for this specific model added them back They didn t show error by them before uninstall and appeared the same after reinstall No change in anything after reinstall SYSTEM SUMMARY OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name JAMES-VAIO System Manufacturer Sony Corporation System Model VGN-NW F System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc R Y SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name James-VAIO James Time Zone Central Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys SYSTEM SUMMARY gt COMPONENTS gt NETWORK gt ADAPTER Name WAN Miniport SSTP Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport SSTP Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS SSTPMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name RasSstp IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Name WAN Miniport IKEv Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport IKEv Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS AGILEVPNMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name RasAgileVpn IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway... Read more

Relevancy 62.78%

SOLUTION In typical techie fashion as soon as i ask for help I solve the problem I did crtl r - gt ncpa cpl - gt properties - gt configure internet working to fine. desktop. Other connect Can't from devices wired - gt advanced - gt network access - Can't connect to internet wired from desktop. Other devices working fine. gt Type in the unique address seen for the network adapter when ipconfig is run type it without dashes This worked immediately My PC is Windows and it hasn't had internet issues before Last night it stopped connecting to the internet This morning is has been the same Wireless connections are working fine but my desktop doesn't have a wireless card so i need to fix the wired issue with it I've tried the ethernet cable on other devices and they work so i think it must be PC settings I PC restored to last night pm and it didn't fix it I've tried ipconfig release and renew and it didn't work I've tried uninstalling AVG and turning off firewalls I still am getting the yellow triangle with quot no internet access quot IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway I've tried updating network card drivers and disabling and re-enabling it Anyone able to help please Cheers Xander

A:Can't connect to internet wired from desktop. Other devices working fine.

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/cant-connect-to-internet-wired-from-desktop-other-devices-working-fine-861066.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, my internet connection is fine, my videogames and other pc's are running off o my wifi just fine. as was this laptop until a couple days ago. I can pick my network like I could normally but after I connect to my network it will not connect online. even if I plug the cable into the laptop directly. I would appreciate any help....this is such an odd problem. Im running on windows 7 btw

A:Cant Connect my Acer Aspire 5532 to the internet, wireless or wired

I am experiencing this same problem since this morning. I receive updates buy I cannot access the internet nor play WOW. I have an Acer Aspire 5532 with ATHEROS NPLIFY 802.11 WINDOWS 7 OS 3 GIG RAM 180 GIG HARD DRIVE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-my-acer-aspire-5532-to-the-internet-wireless-or-wired.1001749/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have found many similar problems to mine, but not the exact one so here goes.

HP Pavilion, Windows 7, 64 bit home premium, i7. Westell 327W wireless router (at&t version)

I have no problem at all connecting to the internet via the wireless connection in my new desktop. But often when I connect with the LAN enabled it simply refuses to connect. The problem is very repeatable with yahoo.com, att.com/speedtest and other sites. I can see and access the rest of my network fine wired only. And on the occasions I have been able to connect, the speed tests are fine.

I just have no idea why it occasionally refuses to connect (have not been able to connect to these sites for several hours now after multiple reboots) via wired and never has any issues over wireless. I have already disabled the router firewall and have the same issue with all non-windows services disabled.

Help!

A:Windows 7 machine fine to internet via wireless / won't connect wired

You need to decide whether the problem is with the wired ports on the router or with the computer that is plugged in. Have you got another computer you can plug in to the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/240493-windows-7-machine-fine-internet-via-wireless-wont-connect-wired.html
Relevancy 62.78%

So I installed windows vista 64 bit recently but I have a problem. The internet wont work Wired or Wireless. I check the device manager thing and saw that there was a triangle on my Network adapter(Realtek RTL8101 PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) ) and on my Network Controller and SM Bus Controller.

I have downloaded drivers from Toshiba but when I Run them they say failed to locate Vista64 Folder which I did not touch or tamper with. I just extracted and ran and got that error. I also tried Atheros Drivers but no luck.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop(I also check the bios but everything was enabled.)

Please help this is really frustrating since this is my best pc.

Relevancy 62.78%

Desktop won t connect to internet I have a Belkin router and my laptops connect to the router w/wired to can with and desktop internet to Unable laptops but connect internet My Netflix Rokus connects to the internet I have tried your suggestion with reset winsock and reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults etc Nothing I tried pinging and this is what happened C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping Pinging Unable to connect to internet w/wired desktop but can with router and laptops with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Unable to connect to internet w/wired desktop but can with router and laptops Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping Ping request could not find host Please check the name and try ag ain C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ping www yahoo com Ping request could not find host www yahoo com Please check the name and try ag ain Do you think that my desktop is broken This is what came up on ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Administrator DESKTOP gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TanyasDesktop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - B-B - B-CF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b c b de b P referred Temporary IPv Address b c d a fae abd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe b de b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August PM Lease Expires Monday August PM Default Gateway fe ff fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- - E-DC- - B-B - F- B-E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet w/wired desktop but can with router and laptops

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-w-wired-desktop-but-can-with-router-and-laptops.1065626/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone,

Right now I have 2 routers, wireless (192.168.1.1) one that is connected to internet and a normal wired (192.168.3.1) one connected to local network.

When I have the wirless connected with the wired one unplugged, I can gain access to the internet.

The minute I plug in the wired one to access the local network, the wireless one still shows connected but the internet connection is lost ONLY on my PC. Other people connected to the wireless can still connect to the internet no problem.

I am running on Windows Vista Business 32bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Wireless internet connection is lost when I connect to a wired router

Any ideas? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-is-lost-when-i-connect-to-a-wired-router.670867/
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm running Vista Home Premium -bit on a Gateway M- FX laptop and I'm unable to get internet via wireless or ethernet It said it was there was a problem with my IP configuration but upon checking the properties IPv4 Wired or Wireless exist Can't to doesn't connect internet because of my wireless adapter where normally ipv and ipv are located in the list there was nothing It wasn't present in my wired adapter's list either I clicked the install button and was able to install ipv back without incident but when I try to install ipv it says quot Could not add the requested feature The error is Access is denied quot The image attached is the area I'm referring to where ipv is missing from I've tried using netsh exe to reset my IP quot stuff quot and winsock but after restarting nothing is different I've uninstalled and reinstalled my driver for both my wireless and wired adapters I've scoured the web and Can't connect to Wired or Wireless internet because IPv4 doesn't exist found a very small few articles of people with the same problem but none of them have found a solution Can anyone here think of anything else that I might try Thanks in advance for any help I receive I can provide any additional information that might help you to diagnose my problem

A:Can't connect to Wired or Wireless internet because IPv4 doesn't exist

Go Start>Run ("Start Search" in Vista/7), type in:sfc /scannowClick OK (hold CTRL, and SHIFT, hit Enter in Vista/7).Have Windows CD/DVD handy (with Vista/7, most likely, you won't need it). If System File Checker (sfc) will find any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD (rarely in Vista/7 case).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340422/cant-connect-to-wired-or-wireless-internet-because-ipv4-doesnt-exist/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been unable to connect to anything on my wired network for about the last week I don't remember making any changes however I just became unable to connect I having done a little troubleshooting I can connect to Wifi to Connect Wired Devices Can't Devices the shares of my Windows Home Server if I use the IP address The name does not resolve Flushed DNS and restarting DNS server Flushing DNS works on one client to allow Can't Connect Wifi Devices to Wired Devices browsing by the name amp restarting DNS works on the other However neither works after a restart Only my Wifi clients are experiencing this issue My wired clients desktops PS Xbox and Boxee can connect perfectly This issue is not limited to my server I can't connect to shares on my desktop nor print to my wired printer Some network background I have DSL through CenturyLink and have a Linksys E router Sent a test page from one laptop to the printer at pm it finally printed at pm

A:Can't Connect Wifi Devices to Wired Devices

What security software do you have on your wireless machine? Is it part of the same workgroup as the rest of your machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/171446-cant-connect-wifi-devices-wired-devices.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My method of communicating with the internet is via a wireless connection to a wireless router, etc.

When I connect a debug tool via the wired ethernet connection I lose the my internet connection.

I then have to diagnose the connection where a dialog box pops up to show which connection type, wired, or wireless. I have to select wireless and go from there.

Is there a way to override windows XP to only search for an internet connection via wireless? It is quite a nuiasance to have to go through the reconnect process once I plug the debug tool in...

A:When I connect Wired ethernet device I lose wireless internet access

No. The reverse would be true, and depending on the quality of your equipment and connections you could, but the normal case is what you are experiencing. Anyway to go wired first, then wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-connect-wired-ethernet-device-i-lose-wireless-internet-access.110900/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 61.49%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Ever since something happened I keep on getting this error and I can't log in to any online services please help me. Thanks in advance.
I'm currently using windows 8.1 and it keeps saying " Exception ESocketError in module ISHelper.exe at 000F14DB"

Relevancy 58.91%

So basically my HP will connect to WiFi and I'm able to access my browser and all but when I try to use something like the app store for example it displays an error message saying something along the lines that I cannot connect. I'm afraid I'm missing out on automatic updates because of this. There's also the limited access icon near my connection.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-connect-to-WIFI-but-not-internet/td-p/5837887
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I am having issues connecting to internet through wifi. Tried all the options that were suggested on various sites but nothing seems to work. The wifi signal is excellent, pings gateway but when I open the browser it says page cannot be found, normally it use to goto the gateway page and after giving username and pwd I could access internet.

Internet works perfectly on my other laptop with exactly similar settings.

Please help.

Thanks,
Shoab

A:Cannot connect to Internet using WIFI

Hello and welcome.

Click on Start, in the search type CMD click enter. When command prompt turns up type in Ping www.google.com click Enter, then copy and paste the results back here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-wifi-477070.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Im having trouble connecting to IE via my wifi internet, Im running IE8, and win xp pro.

Sometime ago I switched over to cable wifi and really have nothing but trouble.

Funny thing is Im able to get the internet through Safe Mode, so why can't I get it normally.

thanks.

A:can't connect to internet via wifi

Would anyone like to have a go at this.I can only use internet via safe mode, IE and firefox won't connect normally.I have ran all the scans that I have such as Norman and malwarebytes and I'm all clear.My os is win xp pro s3 IE8.its getting to the stage where I'm about to chuck the puter into the sea.thankseddie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522275/cant-connect-to-internet-via-wifi/
Relevancy 58.91%

I can't connect to the Internet when I am on WiFi. What can I do?

Bill

A:Can't Connect to the Internet using WiFi

Hey, If your computer has problems connecting to a wireless network, issues with speed or dropped connections then try this simple walk through here:  Help with wireless troubleshooting. -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-Connect-to-the-Internet-using-WiFi/td-p/5698130
Relevancy 58.91%

my home network is windows xp but my laptop is windows vista i use to connect to my home network using my wifi but i can't on my laptop when i use my laptop i got to connect using the ethernet cable to connect to the internet i would like to use my wifi instead of the cord can anybody help me out also when i try to connect using wifi it's says i am connected but can't connect to the internet

i have includes system specs in ipconfig /all results as attachments

A:wifi won't connect to internet

If you go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, and look at the Network connection diagram, is Internet X'ed out? If so, just click on the Internet. Does that work. (I'm sorry I can't be more specific but, for some reason, I can't get there right now to be more precise. I think I need to reboot.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300380-wifi-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I can connect to the internet when I am using my aircard but when I connect to wifi through the VZ access I can not get on the internet. "It is saying I am connected to WiFi". a box shows up asking me about dialing 777#. It worked a couple of days ago so i am sure I did something to a setting with out knowing.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I can only get local only on my desktop at the moment I have been browsing forums trying to fix it for the last few hours and can t seem to get anywhere I am running Windows Vista Home Basic I have disabled IPv tried setting static IP etc but so far not getting any results The adapter is an abit AirPace The connection works with an ethernet cable If anyone can gie me any help please let me know The relevant results to Can't wifi internet via connect of ipconfig are here primary test with DHCP and secondary without Can't connect to internet via wifi Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description abit AirPace Wi-Fi Wireless Network Adapt er Physical Address - -AF- A-C -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS Can't connect to internet via wifi over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - - -C - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description abit AirPace Wi-Fi Wireless Network Adapt er Physical Address - -AF- A-C -DE DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - - -C - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I can connect to my home router through ethernet with my laptop, and I can connect wirelessly to it with other computers.

My laptop can also connect wirelessly to routers other than the home router. For some reason I'm having issues connecting wirelessly specifically with this laptop through this specific router. I need help troubleshooting. Diagnose and repair said there may be a problem with the DNS configuration.

I can't ping IP addresses either even the internet connection icon on the bottom right of the screen indicates that its connected to both my LAN and internet.

I can't connect to the NAS, so the LAN isn't working either.

Sorry, the title wasn't well thought out. I would have edited it if it was an option.

A:Internet won't connect to WiFi

Hello, lets do some cleaning up and see if that helps you out .
How to Flush DNS in Windows Using the Command Prompt

Step 1 ? Close all open web browsers and applications on your computer.

Step 2 ? Open the Windows command prompt by selecting the ?Start? menu and entering ?cmd? in the search text field box followed by clicking the ?enter? key.

Step 3 ? At the command prompt, enter ?ipconfig /flushdns? followed by pressing the ?enter? key. After a moment, Windows will display a message similar to: ?Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.? Once the message is displayed, the DNS will be flushed removing all incorrect entries.

Then , we want to get the IP reset, so, lets renew its settings and see if this also helps out :
you will type in the command box : ipconfig /release then enter, then next ipconfig /renew then enter, this will reset the IP , now restart and attempt to have it reconfigure its connections to your router. Post back results please.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294012-internet-wont-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Anybody there can help me out? I cant connect to the internet through wifi at home but i can connect it through a cable at home and wifi in my school. What is wrong and what should i do?

A:Cannot Connect Internet Through Wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by Charlot

Anybody there can help me out? I cant connect to the internet through wifi at home but i can connect it through a cable at home and wifi in my school. What is wrong and what should i do?

start by telling us your computer specs, and network setup
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122270-cannot-connect-internet-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I cannot connect connect to internet using wifiAfter troubleshooting it is showing "Problem with wireless adapter or access point"I updated my wifi driver and rebooted my system and then i tried again, even then it is not connecting.In driver details it is showing that the driver is working properly.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/CANNOT-CONNECT-TO-INTERNET-USING-WIFI/td-p/5724247
Relevancy 58.48%

My comp was infected with a virus until I finally got MBAM to work and delete all my viruses and rootkits. My Internet was working fine both ways before I installed it. But now i can connect to it, but when I access the Internet in any of my browsers (firefox, ie8, opera, or safari) I get a blank screen in firefox after going to any site, and the rest just say that it's not connected to the Internet. Even tried going into Safe Mode with Networking, no luck. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I am using windows xp sp3 with firewall off and system restore disabled by group policy and using the admin account does not help solve the problem either.

A:Wifi or Internet cable won't connect me to Internet

Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...." ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.EDIT I moved this to Am I Infected also

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344877/wifi-or-internet-cable-wont-connect-me-to-internet/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello mates internet ( but in access) internet with not no wifi Connect I seem to having a problem with my internet connection but only in one of my PCs i can connect with my Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) wifi to the modem but then it says lt lt no internet access gt gt and when i openmy browser opera it says Networking error note the other computer Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) works fine can anyone give me a hand here cheers C Users costas gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name costas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -DE- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D-F - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f a d c ef f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e d d ced c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - C- - - D-BA-AA-E - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-AA-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D ADD-D DF- -A -E B CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - AEF- AB -BE -ADCA FBA A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B - - A E-A -A E DE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users costas gt nbsp

A:Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access)

Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-with-wifi-but-not-in-internet-no-internet-access.1062660/
Relevancy 58.05%

I cant connect to any wireless connection. I tried at my house and school and it shows either a red x, yellow triangle, or yellow ball showing connections are available. I can connect through ethernet though. I ran into this problem a few weeks ago but it was fixed after I did a malware scan but I have done many scans and everything clean. I also did ipconfig. Can someone help me?
Thanks

A:Laptop cant connect to the internet using wifi

If malware was involved try running this
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Also, more specific specs on your system would be helpful.
Model number ...stuff like that.

It wouldn't hurt to look for updated driver/software for your wifi device either.
Which I could point you to if I knew what kind of system we were dealing with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256481-laptop-cant-connect-internet-using-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Laptop got a virus and I used system restore. When the computer came back up, it would not connect to the internet. It is a wireless signal and the computer recognizes the signal is there, but it won't connect. The connection box says "Connections are available". It also says "Not connected" and "Limited access". How can I get this fixed?

A:Wifi signal is there but won't connect to the internet

and welcome to the Forum

What exactly hapens when you try to connect? . .

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-signal-is-there-but-wont-connect-to-the-internet-616647.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Can connect to wifi but no internet connection?

hello! I'm having a connection problem. I'm using a Compaq with windows vista. it will connect to my wireless router at home but has no internet connection. if i hook it up to the ether-net cable it works with no problem. i can take my computer to my sister witch has WiFi and it works with no problem.. i also have another identical computer that i use at home and i have no problem out of it.. its just old and beaten up. and i wanna use my newish laptop.. any help would be appreciated. im not good with computers so if you can walk me through it that would be awesome. my router is supplied by my internet provider.

A:Can connect to wifi but no internet connection?

Go to Start type in CMD locate cmd.exe right click on it then select "Run As Administrator" at the command prompt type in each command the hit enter.

Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /all

copy and paste the /all contents here.

Also shutdown your system. Unplug your modem and router wait about 3 minutes. Plug them back in what for all lights to stabilise. Power up the machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/can-connect-to-wifi-but-no-internet-connection-643582.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Our internet connection was working fine until one day we cannot connect anymore I tried using the ethernet cable directly from the modem and it was working fine so I thought our Belkin N wireless router was the culprit I decided to buy another one Linksys E but we had the same problem Our laptops and phones can detect connect the wifi connection but cannot access the internet It s really frustrating already http www hp com ph en support-topics network-internet-support cant-connect-internet html I tried following the instructions above but to no avail Here s our IPConfg Windows IP Configuration Host Name sysuser-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF-E -D - DHCP Enabled access internet to connect cannot Can but wifi Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe Can connect to wifi but cannot access internet dd fb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FD- D- F- - - C- B-C -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - C- B-C -C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I also tried to reset ping the router but it doesn t seem to respond C Users sysuser gt netsh winsock reset The requested operation requires elevation C Users sysuser gt netsh int ip reset Reseting Echo Request failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Global failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Interface failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Unicast Address failed The requested operation requires elevation There s no user specified settings to be reset Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

My dell laptop won't connect to any site or app needing internet (internet explorer, netflix, the app store...) but I'm connected to wifi and the wifi works on all my other devices. Please help!

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Sir,
I have Router model 3G/4G TL-MR3420,
I want to use it to share internet through WiFi, I can logon on that router to configure as Wifi name, Password and after that, i restart that Router and i tried to access internet through wifi, after that it's said no internet connection even it's know wifi name available.
Can you share me step by step please to configure it to get internet working through wifi?
I will give you more informations if you need.
Regards,

A:No internet connection when connect through wifi

VeasnaYim,
Welcome to Seven Forums!

First off, check to see if your internet indicator light on your router is on. If it is not, then it is the router that needs to be reconfigured. Otherwise, disconnect and reconnect to the router and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321557-no-internet-connection-when-connect-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I try to connect to hotspot in friends phone for file transfer from WIFI.
But since my friends data connection is off, and when i try to connect , it shows me "no internet access" and wifi doesnot get connected .
After turning on-off wifi multiple times (around 15-20 times), sometimes it gets connected . But it never gets connected in 1 shot .
Is it compulsory to have internet access to connect to a hotspot?
Is it bug or feature of windows ?
I use lumia 640xl lte with latest windows 10 Anniversary update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436870-unable-connect-wifi-if-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Lately i cant connect to the wifi but is says it does connect. My desktop that is connected with a cable to the router still works fine but everytime i get on like my iphone, laptop, and xbox it cant. It dosent get any internet but it says it has wifi im really not sure what to do im not so good with all this stuff so please help my iphone connects to the wifi it has the bars but it dosent whave internet same with the laptop and the xbox it has been like this for 3-4 days now

A:cant connect to the wifi but the internet still works?

The first thing you should try is to reboot your router by powering it off, wait 20-30 seconds, then power it back up. This is especially true if those devices that don't connect now, connected fine in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293908-cant-connect-wifi-but-internet-still-works.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Up until yesterday, I could connect my iPhone to the internet via my Win 7 laptop using an ad-hoc network and internet connection sharing. Now I can connect the two with the wifi ad-hoc network, and my internet connection is shared, but the iPhone just can't see the internet connection. I know it's a Win 7 problem because the iphone connects to the net fine using an ad-hoc network and connection sharing when I boot my laptop (MacBook) into OSX (snow leopard).

Both networks (3G internet and wifi ad-hoc) are classed as 'work' networks in Win 7. Can you help ? it's a real pain having to switch to OSX to update my iPhone.....

Things I changed recently - installed Boot Camp 3.1 64bit (am running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit).

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there! I'm not not really techy. I was looking for a customer support number for Tp-link but thought that this forum may be helpful since I can't find their number anywhere on the net. Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc. I just noticed that if I turn off my router, the Ethernet light on my modem turns off, but the power and dsl lights are still on. Is there a way for me to use my pc even if my router is turned off? If I remember right, i've tried it before and it worked... But now, I have to turn on my router just for me to be able to connect to the net on my pc.

A:Can't connect to the Internet when wifi router is off

Every router user manual I've ever looked at includes a customer support number for the company. Have you looked in the manual?

Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc.Click to expand...

Could you be very specific about your network, beginning with your type of ISP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-the-internet-when-wifi-router-is-off.1026902/