Windows Support Forum

(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

Q: (Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: (Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: (Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400
The Win 7 Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.
This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.
Relevancy 87.73%

I just got a Dell Latitude E6400 with Windows XP Professional but the drivers will not install and I don't know where to find them or which ones I need. My service tag is: 6J3FVL1. If anyone can point me in the right directions that woul help tremendously.

A:Help with drivers for Dell Latitude E6400 with Windows XP Pro

I've renamed your thread to help those viewing the forum to provide better feedback.

Head to or (depending on your region) and go to support, then enter your service tag, then select the drivers required listed for Windows XP.

Generally speaking you will want chipset, Wireless, LAN, sound, and video, as well as additional drivers for Dell keyboard shortcuts and such.
Relevancy 86.8%

my computer is running slow when I am browsing the internet. I have checked the task manager and I see the following running and I am not sure if they are good. I checked on the bootspeed and some say it is good and some say that could be harmful.

If there is some thing that you need to help, please let me know what to do and I can do it and send the logs

thank you in advance for any help

A:windows 7 dell latitude e6400 running slow

What speeds are you paying for from your internet provider?
Relevancy 86.8%

I have a Latitude E that I recently clean installed WIN ultimate on Everything was working problems? Latitude Windows Dell 7 E6400 docking great and Dell Latitude E6400 Windows 7 docking problems? continues to work great undocked When in the docking station however I tend do have problems I thought initially it was just related to the NIC card as it seemed to only start misbehaving under a lot of network activity and disabling the NIC and running only on wireless seemed to fix it but in ALL cases I have to do a cold boot Simply restarting it would not help and when I finally would get logged back in after a simple restart the CPU was already pegged Today however it seems that even with the NIC disabled that it also exhibits the behavior although today I was using an external USB drive connected to the docking station i have since removed that as well to see if I can stabilize I've downloaded and installed every latest driver bios firmware I could find Nothing has worked What occurs is over time and sometimes that's not long my CPU quickly pegs at and stays There are no particular processes pegging it either I can end process on many in my list with no change Over the last week I've only been in the office a couple of days using the docking station and on each occasion I have problems at least - times within the day The rest of the week I've been undocked and had no problems and I run this thing all day long I have no messages in any logs that I've found indicating any type of problem Just extreme frustration I've talked to a couple of other D-Series users who suggested that they had a similar issue when docked but found some vista 'docking' drivers that fixed their issue although I can find nothing for the E-Series no firmware nothing Any ideas I'm about to have to roll back to XP and not excited about the thought as I need the docking station for multiple monitors etc Tks J

A:Dell Latitude E6400 Windows 7 docking problems?

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem? If you did, I hope it wasn't "rolling back to XP" since that is not really an option I would like to explore either. I noticed this problem for me started about 3 weeks ago and it only happens when I am docked as well. I have tried other docking stations, but that didn't resolve my problem either. Just wondering if you have been able to find a "fix".

Relevancy 84.01%

Hi there, trying to connect using bluetooth on my dell e6400 but it isn't working. Bluetooth indicator led is on and when i scan for devices with Bluetooth, search results on windows 7 don't show any device. Although in my mobile phone Bluetooth search shows "dell 370 Bluetooth minicard" and when i tap to connect it says "unable to pair. incorrect pin or password". I have tried connecting to other Bluetooth devices but same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:DELL Latitude E6400 bluetooth not showing any device in search results on windows 7

Under Settings->Connected Devices have you tried the "Add a device"? option to see if it shows there?  I had a similar issue with a Bluetooth mouse that wouldn't pair.  I had to delete it from the Bluetooth device list and then add it with the Add a Device option.
Relevancy 82.77%

I'm looking into buying an affordable small travel notebook/laptop. My budget is fairly low, only consisting of a few hundred Dollars.
I have found this specification list from a local used store:
I haven't found any new condition sellers so far. Also, a few questions I had were:
- Is this notebook capable of running Windows 10?
- As I'm a designer, can this notebook run Photoshop cloud edition?
- Is shipping notebooks overseas possible and safe?
it is really hard for me to determine what's wise or not. Because I'm inexperienced in the hardware field.

A:DELL Latitude E6400

This is a nice reliable computer. Unfortunately, there are no Windows 10 drivers available for download. That does not mean it may not run it. It is that Dell did not verify this computer to run Windows 10 and did not create any drivers. 
Looking at the system requirements to run Photoshop Cloud software; the computer meets the requirements.  
As far as shipping notebooks overseas it should be fine as long as it is packaged well toh avoid being damaged. 
Dell has some reasonable priced laptops that may meet your budget located on our Dell Outlet website below., Even with Windows 10. 
Dell Ooutlet
Also, check our sales site in the section labeled "Deals" at the link below. Plus, they come with warranties.,  **Do an internet search for discount coupons on Dell Computers** 
Dell Deals
Relevancy 81.84%

I'm planning on getting a new dell latitude E6400 for college next year and in the customizable options for RAM one can choose 4.0GB DDR3-1333MHzSDRAM, 2 DIMMS or 4.0GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM, 2 DIMMS for the same price. I assumed the RAM with 1333MHz would be faster, but the Dell support tech support people (who did not really seem to know what they were talking about) kept saying they couldn't find any information about the latitude E6400 having a 4.0GB DDR3-1333MHz RAM. So, which RAM do you guys think I should choose?

P.S. Should I go for 64 bit OS or 32 bit? And what exactly would be the difference?

Thanks so much!

A:RAM dilemma with Dell Latitude E6400

Without know the CPU, best guess is it doesn't matter.

Looking here:
the laptop has a P8700 CPU, which according to Intel has a 1066 BUS (
Most likely the board they are using only supports this bus, so buying the higher will just downclock to the 1066.

I'd go for the x64 OS.
Relevancy 81.84%

This is the only laptop I could get with a modem for dialup Windows installed ok registered ok It came with disk It is refurbished but looks like it was never used I am used to XP so I have a lot of questions entered Internet connections but it only connects and does not go anywhere Do I need Java Comodo says it cannot be installed Malwarebytes cannot update Firefox installed ok without any add-ons Can I install WOT on W Can I install Malware Search Can I install NoSquint Dr Web I have to get to the point where I can go onto the web to get Superantyspyware and update Malwarebytes had it from a USB older version I managed to fix my old laptop here to of Dell new help with lot E6400 Latitude a Need Solved: be able to ask questions but I need the newer one this year Solved: Need a lot of help with new Dell Latitude E6400 old gets too hot fast Any help is very much appreciated Please do not send me to youtube a minutes clip takes hours to get through the phone nbsp

Relevancy 80.91%

I am using Dell Latitude E6400 from previous 3 Years, Yesterday I get problem there. I am not able to on it. Power Button is not working, if we connect the adopter then light of adopter turn off suddenly. I also have tried to on it by direct at adopter with removing of battery but result is same...Can you help me??

A:Dell Latitude E6400 Power is not turning on

Remove the battery and the AC adapter. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Connect the AC adapter only and see if the laptop powers up. If it does, re-install the battery. if it again won't start, the battery will need to be replaced
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi Everyone, I have problem with my Dell Latitude E6400.. I use Windows 8 and 7 But the problem remain same.. My lapi got hanged after some time.. Specially when I watch video on any media player or watch online video.. Anybody help me plz.. I install NVIDIA graphic driver too.. But the problem remain same with my system..

A:Dell Latitude E6400 graphic problem

Hi SaAni Awan,

Please click on the link below to troubleshoot the issue you are facing with your Dell Latitude E6400. You may have to update the BIOS on your computer in order to resolve the issue.

Latitude E6400 Intermittent Slow Performance, Lock Ups, and Overheating:

Click on this Youtube link for a video on how to update your Dell PC's BIOS in 99 Seconds:

Follow instructions mentioned below prior to the BIOS update.

Ensure that the AC Adapter is connected to the computer prior to the BIOS update.
Disconnect any third party peripherals connected to the computer before performing BIOS update.
Remove any cd/dvd from the optical drive prior to the BIOS update.
Do not turn off the computer during the BIOS update.
Do not restart the computer during the BIOS update.
Ensure battery charge is more than 10% during BIOS update.

Note: Plug your computer to a good, working wall jack before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you may have to replace the BIOS chip or motherboard.

Additionally, you can also check the link below to troubleshoot system performance issues.

Troubleshooting System Performance Issues on my Dell Laptop:

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards.

Babita G
Relevancy 80.91%

Attached is the ZIP file requested but I was unable to create a quot perfmon report quot file I receive an error of quot Error An error occured while attempting to generate the report The system cannot find the path specified quot when attempting to generate the report I tried to manually create this report based on some information I found instructing me to create a Win - Dell E6400 - 7 Latitude bit 64 nwifi.sys BSOD report using a User Defined Data Set inside of the Performance Monitor tool but I'm unable to create a Win 7 64 bit BSOD - nwifi.sys - Dell Latitude E6400 User Defined Data Set for some unknown reason I do not have an active quot next quot or quot finish quot button within the 'Create new data collector set' wizard If there is an alternate way to create this report please advise and I'll do so More background on my error I have a Dell Latitude E with Windows bit I received the BSOD this morning with a quot System Service Exception quot error and an indication that the error is tied to the NWIFI SYS file The BSOD happens when my machine is booting up and it bombs just as I typically would see the quot CTRL-ALT-DEL to login quot type of message My machine seems to work fine in Safe Mode With Networking and switching off the wireless card using the physical manual switch on the side of the laptop prior to bootingdoes not affect the issue at all I have updated my Dell Wireless Driver to the latest version available from the Dell website to no avail I made no changes to my machine in terms of hardware driver software or any other software since the last successful healthy reboot Thanks for any help you can provide

A:Win 7 64 bit BSOD - nwifi.sys - Dell Latitude E6400

Disregard my post. I have resolved the issue.

It was tied to the version of Symmantec Endpoint Protection at my company. I upgraded (uninstalled old and did a clean install of the new version) my version of SEP and fixed the problem.

More context around my activities in troubleshooting the issue on my Dell Latitude E6400 Windows 7 64 bit machine:

I first thought it was a hardware or driver issue tied to the wireless driver, and tried the following two things:
1) Updated my wireless driver to the latest available from Dell (I was at least one release behind)
2) Swapped my hard drive into a different E6400.
Both failed, and the issue remained.

I tried to use the ?repair? function in the Windows ?F8? boot screen of available diagnostic options. Fail.

I tried to restore my machine to an earlier restore point several different times with the two available restore points. Fail.

Around this point I went home for the day (after a final attempt to do a system restore). When I got home (and assumed my machine was still useless) I fired up my machine in ?normal? mode (I had been using ?Safe Mode With Networking? during my troubleshooting), and everything worked. Puzzling. I assumed my last ?system restore? attempt had been successful in resolving the issue. I used my laptop last night without issue.

I got into work this morning, docked my machine, logged on, launched a couple of apps, then?.BSOD! DAMMIT!

I then figured that the issue was tied to something that my machine was communicating with on the company network. I found a support article online that mentioned Symantec. I then had to work to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) in Safe Mode (which isn?t easy since the Windows Installer is disabled in Safe Mode). I found a program called ?SafeMSI? ( which allows you to install/uninstall in Safe Mode.

I uninstalled SEP, rebooted in ?normal? mode. SUCCESS! So, the issue was tied to SEP. I upgraded to version 11.0.6A of SEP, and the issue has not reappeared.
Relevancy 80.91%

Yes hello I just created an account here because I require some help I've been having high CPU Usage lately Here are my system specs Dell Latitude E With an Intel Core DUO and it has GHz processor with Dell High on E6400 Latitude Usage a CPU GB of Ram a GB HD it has Intel Family on board Graphics My programs installed are iTunes Adobe Reader Adobe Flash Player Java Power ISO WinRAR Team Viewer Google Chrome cCleaner Avast Microsoft Office Professional Plus amp my HP Deskjet Printer Software High CPU Usage on a Dell Latitude E6400 But I could only have just IE window open watching a movie on Netflix and I notice that the words coming from a person in the movie do not match up with what I'm hearing Like what I'm hearing is before what their lips are saying And it's not my internet connection High CPU Usage on a Dell Latitude E6400 because I've tried watching the same High CPU Usage on a Dell Latitude E6400 movie on another laptop and I don't have that problem And when opening my eBay page it's very slow to load same as Gmail too And did I mention the very high CPU Usage during all of this With only application open which is IE the CPU Usage can go anywhere from to in just a few minutes and on occasions even a few seconds I've tried many different things From stopping and disabling unneeded services in services msc to setting the affinity in certain processes to using only core and not cores to running both Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials with no virus found on both I even ran it in safe mode still high CPU Usage Even ran a boot scan with Avast no virus found I even thought it was my audio driver So I disabled all enhancements on all playback devices Still no change Also my OS version is Windows Enterprise bit I just don't know what to do anymore I hope someone can help me Maybe a team view Please let me know Thank you for taking the time to read this post and sorry if it's a little long I just tried to be as detailed as possible Thank you again

A:High CPU Usage on a Dell Latitude E6400

Click your Start orb, then in the search bar, type msconfig, then press enter. open up the startup tab and deselect anything that should not be starting at boot if you are unsure about some, just ask
Relevancy 80.91%

My Latitude E6400 Laptop Have Some Charging Problem
1.When I connect Charger to My Laptop Blue Light Blinks
2.When Battery Full 100% At That Time Blue Light Blinks

A:Dell Latitude E6400 Charging Problem

What is the problem exactly?
Relevancy 110.94%

My Dell Latitude E6400 has windows 7 installed everything works fine but I cannot get my integrated camera to work. I've tried installing the drivers on the dell website with no luck. If I check under the device manager it says unknown device. I tried updating the driver from the device manager also but I get nothing. Can anyone help?

A:Integrated Camera Dell Latitude E6400 Not working

Flash your system with bios A27, as well as update your chipset. You didn't say if your OS was 32- or 64-bit.
Relevancy 110.94%

Whenever i try to install the video driver for the dell latitude e6400 off their site, i get "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." I have just reinstalled windows, this laptop is 4-5 years old and still works though. Ive come to you guys in a need of help.

A:Dell Latitude e6400 driver installation problem

Which video did it come with? It came with either Intel or Nvidia graphics, and Dell has a driver for each.
Relevancy 110.94%

Hi all, as title says can I add it ?

Dell Latitude E6400 little Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P9500 (2.53GHz)
256MB nVidia Quadro NVS 160M

If need Other Specs just say
I think it pre assembled by dell but i don't know exacly...
Thanks, For help.

A:Can I add Dedicated video memory to Dell Latitude E6400

Leftas welcome to the Seven Forums.

No you cannot. If you need more memory on a video card, the only way to achieve that is to buy a card with more on it.
Relevancy 110.94%

I recently imaged my Dell E6400 laptop with Win7Pro and the status indicated that it needed troubleshooting. I ran the troubleshooter and when it eventually completed there were 2 problems that could not be fixed:
- Base System Device does not have a driver
- Broadcom USH does not have a driver

I've googled these but nothing comes up that's specific to these devices. Anyone know what they are and where I can find the appropriate drivers?

Thanks in advance

A:Missing device drivers on Dell Latitude E6400

Have you tried rebooting? If you are missing drivers, Windows Update will try to install them.

You can also try this program to automatically find drivers for your hardware. Driver Easy - Free Driver Detect & Download Software
Relevancy 109.65%

Hi ...
Type of Dell Latitude E6400 computer has Bluetooth, but does not function

A:Where can I find Bluetooth to a computer program(dell latitude e6400)

First of all check if your Bluetooth is turned on.If the Bluetooth tray icon has a red mark then click on icon and turn bluetooth adapter on.Can you transfer files to/fro from your laptop to any other Bluetooth device e.g cellphone.
The most common solution to Bluetooth problems are the re-installation of Bluetooth drivers.
Relevancy 109.65%

I am attempting a new installation of Skype 4.1 on a Dell Latitude E6400 with XP Pro. All goes well until the very end of the installation. At that point I get a message box with Shortcut Setup - Fatal Error During Installation
Relevancy 109.65%

I am facing issues on my Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. Everyday it crashes with blue screen 4-5 times a day. Common symptoms are, when I move from wired network to wireless (wireless does not work and system hangs and eventually crashes), or when it is in a sleep mode. Sometimes, without switching to wireless also hangs and crashes. The blue screen says something like DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and code 9f etc. I updated the Ethernet and wireless drivers too, but it didn't help.

It has Windows 7
- x64
- OEM version of windows 7 Ultimate is installed from Dell
- Age of system (hardware) is ~2 years. I got it now from my office IT.
I am attaching the zip file containing perfmon html report and files from Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.

Will appreciate if you can help, what is going on and what needs to be uninstalled or upgraded.

A:BSOD on Dell Latitude E6400 4 times day Error code 9f

Hi and welcome to SF
Please in this order,
Remove Mcafee from your system (for testing purposes,because Mcafee is a bsod source).
Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials with windows firewall enable.
Update software\driver for Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport or Cisco Systems VPN Client.
Cisco Systems, Inc
The driver in your system is old from 2005 is no way to be compatible with Windows 7.
Update software\driver for Ricoh Memory Card Reader.
Home | Ricoh Global
Update software\driver for Conexant SoftK56 Modem.
Conexant: Support

Finish with the above steps and post back with results\news.
Relevancy 107.5%

I have a Dell Latitude E6400 on which the LED Screen Display / Video shows steady vertical lines in the right half of the display (partial display on the left side is good, see picture). I have already tested the external VGA port - it displays correctly on an external LCD monitor. The vertical lines are constant and of the same brightness, regardless of the position of the laptop lid. Could this be a problem with the inverter or the LCD display ribbon cable? Or something else? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

P. S. Please note that the golden glow on the top left side of the screen is just a reflection of an ambient light.

A:Dell Latitude E6400 LCD / LED Video Screen Has Partial Display Vertical Lines

It's not the inverter (assuming the display has one);  that simply controls the backlight.  It may or may not be the cable - likely it is not.  It looks like a damaged display panel.
Relevancy 95.03%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Relevancy 94.6%

Hey all nbsp I ve got a Dell Latitude E where the driver installer for the Dell Wireless wireless card fails nbsp I m running Windows -bit the computer boots in UEFI mode and I ve installed all of the drivers according to the Latitude E-Family Re-Image Guide I ve got a log as well it says this nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp fails on on mode) Dell Windows E6320 installation 1530 7 driver Latitude Wireless (UEFI 64-bit Dell nbsp Original command line E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp s nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) Value x FFFFF nbsp Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe s v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp nbsp Original command line quot C Users Administrator Desktop Drivers - Dell Latitude E E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE quot nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt
Relevancy 93.74%

hi friends there is this old dell laptop, yesterday i upgrade it to windows 7 but the graphics driver is missing. is there any i can use to solve this problem?! Thank you

A:Dell Latitude X1 Intel Graphics Control
Relevancy 92.88%

Did an update in from Windows 7 64 bit where it worked fine. Updated to Win10 and noticed that the touchpad driver doesnt work and the brightness wont work properly. I have tried everything to fix them and nothing! Dell doesnt officially support Win10 on this laptop. It's pretty frustrating! Thanks!

A:Can't get Windows 10 to work on Dell E6400

Officially, Dell only supports EXX30 series and newer. But a lot of times, W7 drivers do work in W10.
I would go to Dell's website and pull the touchpad driver for W7 and see if it works.
Relevancy 91.59%

I recently purchased a Dell Latitude 7370 with the QHD panel. I was very surprised to find that the new 7370 line is plagued with the infamous Dynamic Brightness Control "feature" that cannot be disabled, especially when Dell is just now removing DBC from the XPS 15 and XPS 13 QHD models.
Dynamic Brightness Control is a dealbreaker, and I would not have ordered the 7370 had I known it was a supplied feature. Is there any information as to whether or not a patch is in the works to be able to update the display firmware to remove DBC in the near future? Any help or information about how to disable this will be greatly appreciated.
Relevancy 89.87%

We use MDT, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, To deploy windows 7 and windows 8.1 images to our latitude laptops.
the Control Vault driver is not installing as part of the cab file that has been imported into MDT, there for I have to install it as an post install application.
the switches for the control vault by typing "/?" are shown as /s /f.
the driver installs fine if I run it on a laptop by opening command prompt and the silent install switches but it will fail when MDT tries to run the same command during deployment.
Has ayone had this problem and how have you fixed it?

A:Dell Latitude Control Vault Driver installation fails during image deployment via MDT

Hi saeidans,Thanks for posting.This forum is primarily consumer questions, and yours appears to be one that doesn't fit into this category.  Please post your question here for more expert advice.  Thanks.
Relevancy 89.01%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.
Relevancy 88.58%

I've had a Dell Latitude D630 for over 6 years. I bought a used Dell Latitude E6400 off eBay, but when I put the hard drive from my D630 in it, it would not boot into Windows. It would run until the colored balls started to rotate it would flash a quick blue screen of death and pop into the Window startup repair. The startup repair ran for a while but said it could be repaired, I thought it was fix, but it reboot and did the same thing again. Why. I'd like to use my old hard drive if possible. I had the startup repair pop up every once in a while on the D630, but it never was able to fix it and I didn't try a restore. Any help would be appreciated.

Dell E6400 Specs:Intel Centrino 2 Duo 2.5Ghz
4GB ram

A:Windows Will Not Start After Moving Hard Drive from Dell D630 to E6400

It would help to list the specs of the two units for comparison.

Usually this is a driver problem. Try entering into Safe Mode via F8 as Windows begins to boot. If it works, disable any driver that doesn't pertain to the new machine. Especially critical is the video driver.

You can also try the VGA option at F8.

If not, access the bios of the two machines, and make sure the new machine is set to the same SATA setting - ACHI or IDE - as the original machine.
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much
Relevancy 85.57%

for the basics and schoolwork
and which is newer 

A:which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

The E6430 has a metal case and is more robust, but uses an older CPU and chipset.
The E5440 is a plainer chassis with a newer generation CPU and chipset.
The E6440 is the concurrent update to the E5440.
There are too many possible configurations to definitively say which is better -- it depends on the CPU, GPU, etc. in the specific model (or that you choose when you order one, but since the E6430 isn't a current model,  you may be looking at used systems).
Relevancy 85.57%

I own a Dell Latitude E6430.   I am looking for a Dell Companion 12000mAh or 18000mAh type of device to power and charge my Dell Lattitude E6430 when I am traveling (no outlet available).   When I view the compatibility list for both the Dell Companion 12000mAh and the 18000mAh I don't see the Dell Latitude E6430 in either list.  I went and purchased the 12000mAh and I am attempting to use this to charge and power my Dell Latitude E6430.  It powers my Dell Laptop for about a minute and then quits.   Is there a solution for this problem?   And/or is there another Dell Companion type device that I can purchase that is listed as 100% compatible with the Dell Latitude E6430?   I would like to either get this solution working or purchase the product that is listed as 100% compatible.
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello I have a Vista Dell E6400 and I just moved to California. The Ethernet at my house in GA worked fine and then when I tried to connect it to A LAN Ethernet in Florida it says that there is limited or no connectivity. Please help me please.

A:Need help with my Vista dell e6400

Hello Moneymo2013, could you please elaborate some more I would like some more detail? What do you mean when you try to connect to your Ethernet at your house? Do you mean when you try to connect to your router or your cable/DSL mode via the network interface card (NIC)?
Relevancy 82.99%

The switch on the right above the headphones has a radio tower on the left end of the slider. When the slider is pushed to the right, there is red/orange visible. So to connect to a router, do I slide the "wireless switch" to the right or to the left? Sorry, but I cannot tell which is "on."

Also the next button to the right of that wireless switch is called the Wi-Fi Catcher Network Locator. To a non-geek, can you tell me what that is for?

A:wireless switch on Dell E6400

Hi ejlgcpa take a look at this

How to Enable Wi-Fi on the Dell Latitude E6400 |

From the manual

DellTM Wi-Fi CatcherTM Network Locator
The wireless switch on your Dell computer uses the Dell Wi-Fi CatcherTM Network Locator to scan specifically for WiFi wireless local area networks (LAN) in your
NOTE: For more information about the wireless switch, see wireless switch.
To scan for WiFi wireless LAN, slide and hold the switch in the "momentary" position for a few seconds. The Wi-Fi Catcher Network Locator functions regardless of whether your computer is turned on or off, in hibernate mode, or in standby mode, as long as the switch is configured through QuickSet or the BIOS (system setup program) to control WiFi network connections.
Because the Wi-Fi Catcher Network Locator is disabled and not configured for use when your computer is shipped to you, you must first use Dell QuickSet to enable and configure the switch to control WiFi network connections.
For more information on the Wi-Fi Catcher Network Locator and to enable the feature through QuickSet, see the Dell QuickSet Help. To access the Help file, right-click the icon in the taskbar.
Relevancy 82.99%

I have tried without success to resolve a BSOD problem on my DELL laptop that started around October th see attached JPG It can happen on win XP BSOD DELL Laptop E6400 after BSOD win XP on DELL E6400 Laptop the computer has been on for or hours or within a few minutes of use from cold The computer was purchased in October but not used till February this year The most recent hardware addition was the Dell Wireless HSPA G modem This was in June but has taken a few weeks to get working I have attached a short report and full HTML reports from HWiNFO I have run Memtest over night with the original x GB RAM sticks but no problems were reported Even so I just installed x GB Kingston value range sticks Again Memtest did not report any problems I experience the BSOD with either my usual or my backup HD created using Acronis Sadly my backup was generated after the first BSOD There seems to be no difference which drive I use I have a C partition as NFS for all progs and D E and F partitions as FAT with my data I have been checking previous posts and so am also attaching a TSF XP Support zip I have several full memory dumps but even zipped are over Mb which would be difficult to attach The minisumps pointed to a problem with the Acronis drivers so I removed this programme and deleted the driver in question but the problem persisted My feeling is the problem is associated with Eudora or the HSPA modem but I have no evidence Any pointers would be welcome Thanks G

A:BSOD win XP on DELL E6400 Laptop

Update, previous memory was 2x 1GB not 2x 2GB
Relevancy 82.99%

I do not like using the Dell Touchpad as the heat from my hand (or so I think) causes the cursor to jump around. I tried to disable the touchpad through the file at c:\Program Files\DellTpad\DellTPad.exe but it only works when I clear all the checks, close the program, re-open, check what I want, then apply. Once I restart, the touch pad is enabled again. I read though the old posts - I could not find any help. BTW - there is no icon for this in the tray although the box is checked in the program. I have to go to the program .exe file every time. Thanks....

A:Solved: Dell E6400 Touchpad

OK. I should have read all the other posts first. I downloaded an updated driver and now my problem is solved.
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi Everyone

i Have Dell Laptop model Dell Latitude E6400
i have a problem with my Wifi. I tried it already with OS Win Xp, Win7 Windows8
the Wifi still not working. the driver is installed correctly i can see the wireless button in the right side and some wireless found available. when i click the SSID and put the security code. after a couple of seconds nothing happens and it says Can't connect to the network. Now im using cable so i can used an internet. actually in windows 8 the driver was automatically provided with the OS but still can't connect error. but still i saw all wifi online. i tried to disable the wireless security from my router but still the error will come. after i double click the SSID in says can't connect to the network.

Hope any 1 experienced the problem and can share here how he/she fixed.

i need your help.

A:Dell e6400 core i5 Wireless malfunction

Quote: Originally Posted by lordjoban

Hi Everyone

i Have Dell Laptop model Dell Latitude E6400
i have a problem with my Wifi. I tried it already with OS Win Xp, Win7 Windows8
the Wifi still not working. the driver is installed correctly i can see the wireless button in the right side and some wireless found available. when i click the SSID and put the security code. after a couple of seconds nothing happens and it says Can't connect to the network. Now im using cable so i can used an internet. actually in windows 8 the driver was automatically provided with the OS but still can't connect error. but still i saw all wifi online. i tried to disable the wireless security from my router but still the error will come. after i double click the SSID in says can't connect to the network.

Hope any 1 experienced the problem and can share here how he/she fixed.

i need your help.

Hi Joban,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Kindly check the system under safe mode networking:

Safe Mode

Let us know if it works correctly there. Also, let me know the model number of wireless card installed on the system.

Check this article for further troubleshooting:

Note: Steps are for Vista but it would be similar for Windows 7 as well.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
Relevancy 82.13%

Help After leaping into Dell new E6400 BSOD, Vista x64 on Frequent the world of bit computing I am experiencing daily frequent random BSOD's and I am at a complete loss Hoping someone on this forum can offer some advise Here are my system specs brand new months Dell Latitude E w Vista Business x SP w G RAM CPU t ghz nvidia graphics card Also dell port replicator external lcd monitor and dell bluetooth keyboard and Frequent BSOD, Vista x64 on new Dell E6400 mouse I have been experiencing a variety of BSODs and it would seem mostly due to sleep or hibernate events but this could be my imagination My system Frequent BSOD, Vista x64 on new Dell E6400 is setup to save the BSOD id's and can supply ID's and mini dumps on Frequent BSOD, Vista x64 on new Dell E6400 request BSOD's id's fe e d f appear to be the most frequent Also have occational quot appcrash quot naming STacSV exe idt audio but also for other applications such as IE Another annoyance is with BT mouse and or keyboard which looses connection at what appears to be at random times Here is what I have tried aside from reading all the posts on any forum I can find Have installed all available drivers from dell's website Upgraded bios from A to A Disabled the powersaving mode so LT does not hibernate or go to sleep - just simple screen saver followed by poweroff on monitor Ran the memtest tool memory appears to have a clean bill of health Currently I have removed the laptop from the docking station and am running standalone just power and bt mouse to see what happens Any additional suggestions would be appreciated Thanks in advance
Relevancy 82.13%

Symptoms - BSOD after long idle periods.

Details -
System - Dell Latitude E6400
O/S - Windows 7 Enterprise x64
O/S Source - Volume Edition, clean install
O/S install age - approx. 1.5 yrs
System age - same as O/S age

Sorry, I was unable to include the perfmon file as perfmon just kept running and running and never finished for some reason!
Any help is appreciated!

A:BSOD at idle on Dell Latititude E6400

Hi, racerx; welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having trouble. Unfortunately, you zipped the tool and uploaded it instead of uploading the files. Please run the tool and upload the resulting files:
Relevancy 82.13%

Just received today new Dell Lattitude E6400 laptop from ebay.Trying to to get this pc set up for my elderly mother.Windows 7 is installed on this.Can't seem to find any good info on this problem.The cd/dvd tray will not open.The tray seems to have 2 buttons on it.My laptop only has one.Is one button a lock ? I ask because sometimes by accident open the one on mine.Anybody got any clues about this laptop ?  Any help greatly appreciated.
Found a way to manually open the tray with a paperclip.But,this problem still exists.The tray won't open and it will not play a cd.

A:Dell Lattitude E6400 cd/dvd tray not opening

Right click on computer from the start menu and left click properties   on the left hand side click on device manager.. In the device manager under CD/.DVD Drives  click on the plus sign and right click on the name of the device that drops down and left click uninstall. reboot the computer and see if it fixes that..   If that does not work... reboot computer to the BIOS screen (might have to press the "DEL" Key to launch ) see if the drive is detected there if not its a drive issue
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a situation very VGA will via resolution Dell E6400 Screen - not 1920x1080 display much similar to the one described in this post below My machine is Dell E in its lowest configuration and default video card Dell E6400 - Screen resolution will not display 1920x1080 via VGA et cetera I got a Dell HM monitor that's capable of and the highest I see available is x something with x not even shown x BTW looks awful It runs by default the quot recommended quot x I deactivated the notebook screen shut down the lid making the HM the only screen to no avail I downloaded the driver for the HM also to no avail What else can I try I am running this via VGA port could this be the problem should I get the Display Port cable There is Dell E6400 - Screen resolution will not display 1920x1080 via VGA no HDMI in the laptop computer just DVI Dell E6400 - Screen resolution will not display 1920x1080 via VGA VGA and DP I was under the impression that VGA can display I was also under the impression the stock video card can run p Screen resolution will not display x Quote Problem- I have Sony Vizio display name of E VP x When I right click and go to screen resolution it will not let me go pass X I have tried using amd vision and clicking on use EDI and it helps and shows x However under screen resolution when I right click on my desktop it still will not let me change and only shows X Also while running games x is not an option for me to select under screen resolution How can I fix and or solve this problem Thanks in advance

A:Dell E6400 - Screen resolution will not display 1920x1080 via VGA

VGA should support 1920x1080. But you're better off using the DP.
Relevancy 80.84%

Can somebody please help? Keyboard back-light not working since the installation of windows 8.1. It was working totally fine on windows 7. Installed the Dell control point application but it didn't helped.
It flickers on its own sometime but that's all.
Relevancy 80.41%

My friend acquired an old Dell C400. I was suggesting that he put Windows 7 on it, but would that even run? I know I installed Windows 7 on my old Toshiba Satellite that is 8 years old.

A:Would Windows 7 run on an old Dell Latitude C400?

Download details: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

Try this and be sure.

It probably would not be advisable.
Relevancy 80.41%

I just got a full version of windows 8.1 in the mail and it wouldnt install. They said at microsoft it would instal and my computer was compatiable. Right now I have problems with the time changing on the computer, it may be a batery on the mother board. And when I start the computer I have to push the f1 to get it started. I am running windows xp and microsoft has outlawed because I brought it from a computer repair company and duplicate. And I have the microsoft security tags with the star show up all the time. I want to delete all of windows xp and put windows 8.1 on. They gave me a phone number to call for windows xp at microsoft. what should I do? I dont have a windows xp boot disk.

A:dell latitude c640 and windows 8.1

If this is your system I do not believe it will run Windows 8.1 .
Relevancy 80.41%

We have a latitude XT3 laptop 64 bit and I tried upgrading to windows 10.   However, when I did the screen goes crazy.   I am able to click on things because it is auto selecting items.   The mouse jumps around, the touch screen will not work because it acts like it is clicking on things itself.   It almost acts like it is possessed.
It works fine on windows 7, but when I upgrade to windows 10 this occurs.   I also tried upgrading all the drivers on windows 7 and the same thing happened.   I had to do a system restore to fix the issue.   What is the issue and is anyone else having this issue.

A:windows 10 upgrade dell Latitude xt3

Just this week I upgraded a XT3 from Windows 7 to 10. It works normal when connected to the docking station. But once it is disconnect from the dock, the mouse pointer starts jumping and I couldn't control the mouse and keyboard. When it is docked, things get normal again.
Do anyone know the fix?
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm thinking about putting Windows 7 on a Dell Latitude D520. I find no drivers offered from Dell for Windows 7, only XP and Vista.

Has anyone here ever done Windows 7 on a Dell Latitude D520?

A:Windows 7 on Dell Latitude D520--anyone done it?

W7 should have all the drivers for that model, you can check device manager after W7 is installed to be sure. Most Vista drivers will work in W7 in case you need them.

Run the W7 upggrade advisor to check for potential problems.

Relevancy 80.41%

i'm looking a bit of advice if anyone could please help me?

I have an old Dell Latitude 100l laptop, with XP installed. I use it for University work. Now I've was able to download from Uni a copy of Windows 8.1, as an ISO image onto a DVD disc.

When i try and boot to the disc, it says "loading files"........and after a while i just get a black screen.

Is this because I cannot load Windows 8.1 onto my Dell laptop? this is the spec of my laptop. I appreciate its old, but i use it just basically for doing my Uni assignments so don't really want to purchase a new laptop at this time (being a student! )

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Latitude 100l with Windows 8.1?

I would suggest running the Windows 8 upgrade assistant to see if your system meets the minimum specs. Dell only supports Windows 2000 and XP on this machine so some hardware drivers may not be available (from other than Dell) and that can be a major stumbling block as Dell tended to use some proprietary hardware.

The 1GB MAXIMUM memory is going to be an issue, that is insufficient for Windows 8 (or even Windows 7).

Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant - Download and Run
Relevancy 80.41%

I downloaded Windows 8.1 from MSDN. When I tried to run the setup from Windows, it said the OEM key is not supported with Windows 8.1. I surely can use a retail key from the MSDN account but that is my office account, and I should be able to use the key that I paid for anyways.

Is there any work around?

For example, on the desktop PC, when I edited the ISO file to bypass setup from asking for the key, I could simply activate using my original Windows 8 key after the installation was completed. I don't want to see anything weird happen to my existing recovery functionality and stuff so i was thinking about updating Windows to 8.1 instead of clean install.

Any ideas?

A:How do I install Windows 8.1 on my Dell Latitude 10?

Windows 8.1 Preview requires a generic key for the ISO to install correctly. The generic key is:
NTTX3-RV7VB-T7X7F-WQYYY-9Y92F for all users.

Windows 8.1 RTM requires a specific key, I believe.
Relevancy 80.41%

I recently purchased a used Dell Latitude E6400 laptop from a local computer shop. The computer is running windows 7 professional. I would like to create a system backup disk before I do anything on it. I want to be able to used this disk to re-image the laptop back to the original windows 7 system in case there is ever a need.

I do not have a product key for windows 7. i am not sure if this is an issue or not.

one of the people that work at the store told me about a product ACRONIS and that i could use the trial version to create the backup.

there is also the system backup program that comes with windows 7.

i am not sure what other information that you need for this request. if there is something that I missed, pleas let me know and I will try to gt if I can

Relevancy 79.55%

I am trying to upgrade my work hard drive GB because I was running out of space to a Samsung SSD drive GB I created a system image and a system restore disk in preparation using windows tools Then I swapped the drives tying to get the SSD to be the primary No luck Then I swapped back the old drive my failsafe but it failed to boot as well suspect MBR was damaged So I reimaged old drive to a personal windows image but that didn't help though it proved the drive was usable I now have copied the system image data onto the old drive from the SSD drive using the command prompt in the system restore session So I have a system image on both the new and old drives I have the old drive connected with cables to the USB port The SSD is installed in the windows SSD Moving on Latitude drive bit 64 Dell to laptop I am trying to use the system restore disk to restore the backup image on the USB drive old hard disk to Moving to SSD drive on Dell Latitude windows 64 bit the SSD drive I keep getting an error with multiple potential issues A probable system disk may have been excluded by mistake I don't think so A USB disk may have been assigned as a system disk seems possible but their solution doesn't work An invalid disk may have been assigned as a system disk seems possible but their solution doesn't work Next step I want to try is to move the data to a network drive Moving to SSD drive on Dell Latitude windows 64 bit to see if that works but I am not optimistic

A:Moving to SSD drive on Dell Latitude windows 64 bit

ok, so it appears that I could simply now restore from C: to C: now that I have a system restore copy on the SB drive, which would not allow me to execute before.

Relevancy 79.55%

I recently unlocked the BIOS on this machine and now i am trying to install Windows XP as I still use it however when i try to boot a USB with the setup this happens

A second later this happens
I don't know what to do as there's no OS on the machine. Does anyone know why this occurs?
Relevancy 79.55%

Before this thread gets merged or closed I would like to inform people that I have already went through this forum and tried everything i could find regarding this issue Here is what is going on when I go to the start menu to initiate shutdown or 7 32 Windows shutdown bit Dell E5510 Does not Latitude restart the computer will close Explorer exe but the back ground will still remain open and I still have control over mouse everything remains functional except that explorer exe is shut down I can not open task manager or any program and it Windows 7 32 bit Dell Latitude E5510 Does not shutdown remains so until a hard shutdown is made by Windows 7 32 bit Dell Latitude E5510 Does not shutdown pressing the power button until it shuts off After rebooting the machine it takes me to the recovery screen where it asks if you want to boot into safe mode and what not Things I have tried Selective start up- removed all no essential programs and services from start up Edited registry settings- adjusted the waittokillservice timeout Disabled USB selective suspend Checked for malware - computer is clean repaired windows update - did this because it happened during an update uninstalled previous updates and re-installed I have not yet messed with Bios settings I am at a total loss here as I have never seen this before I appreciate your help in resolving this issue Thanks

A:Windows 7 32 bit Dell Latitude E5510 Does not shutdown

Ok I am attempting to flash the bios with A10, but in order to do so it makes the computer restart, which causes the issue to not shutdown. I am officially banging my head against a wall....
Relevancy 79.55%

Got a Dell Latitude D- here that someones bought off ebay D-400 Windows! with no Dell CD Latitude Reinstall to How drive: very cheap BSOD leaving to infinite reboot Thought best thing to do would be to reinstall windows but alas no CD drive Here's what I've tried - working external CD drive with Windows CD in Very limited BIOS options but by setting it to boot from Harddrive last it still doesn't boot Dell Latitude D-400 with no CD drive: How to Reinstall Windows! from CD - Boot from Ubuntu Pendrive Can boot fine only thing is that the wifi doesn't work considering just installing ubuntu and getting round the wifi problem - BartPE Spent literally hours last night trying to follow the guides for making a bootable Windows install pendrive Quite the opposite of the ease of Ubuntu One or two places I may have gone wrong but its taken so much of my time already trying this Other things I was thinking of trying and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice - Connect the harddrive to a PC or a laptop with a CD drive and start the install off on that Maybe reconnect the HDD to the laptop once it restarts after copying the files from the CD the first stage of the windows install process as nothing specific like drivers will have been setup just guessing - Network install I've read briefly on this I think I have to boot from a pendrive then connect to a computer on the network with the XP CD in its drive How easy is this Is it more effort than making an Ubuntu pendrive much thanks Dan gent
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello, I've been trying to install win me on my latitude d610 (no hdd) using an oem install disc from my dimension l700cx. The issue comes after the reboot during the install, every option results in the laptop rebooting to the dell logo screen. I was wondering if there's any way to make it work, the idea was to install me on the laptop and share the wifi connection with the desktop because I don't have a network card yet and the laptop don't have an os any way. Thanks for looking and please go easy on me with this I haven't used windows in a long long time.

A:Windows me install on dell latitude d610

You need a HDD to install an OS. Why are you bothering attempting to install Windows ME? Its long past end of life and was a terrible Windows version.
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm planning on reinstalling Windows 7 on my Latitude E6430, but it's been so long since I bought it that I'm not sure if I have the correct re-installation DVD.  I have a couple of Dell laptops, and the one DVD I can find has a dark blue label, with the following Part Number at the bottom:
I also have the driver disk, which mentions that it's for the Latitude E6430, so I should be good to go if I can Windows 7 successfully installed.
Thanks for any advice.

A:Reinstalling Windows 7 on Dell Latitude E6430

The driver disk is too old now. Get the drivers from Dell Downloads and Drivers for your model, All the Dell reinstall disks can be used as long as it is the exact same version of win 7--Home, Pro, SP1, Media, etc.
I have to warn you about reinstalling windows 7--it rarely works without major problems. Windows 7 is not supported by MS except for security updates and many have found that it would not reinstall properly. Be sure that a reinstall is needed. Why don't you consider upgrading to windows 10 while you can get it free? That offer is over at the end of July.
Relevancy 79.55%

hello i have a dell latitude c840 and it is giving me a fit lol.. it will load the bios goes to the windows xp load but then goes to a black screen and just sits there . it will load in safe mode. will not do a system restore tried it a million times. does does anyone know why it is doing this and or how to fix this problem??? PLEASE HELP ME

A:dell latitude c840 windows xp no load

if it loads okay in safe mode it usually means a third-party driver is to blame, and that includes device drivers as well as software which installs a driver, such as a third-party firewall, antivirus package, or cd-burning software.

If you remember installing anything recently which falls into any of those categories, uninstall it in safe mode then try to start Windows normally.
Relevancy 79.55%

I've been running Windows Ultimate RC x Build on my Latitude XT and it's been 7 Tablet Ultimate XT x64 Latitude Dell and Windows running great I previously had some issues with the pen not working with the BETA but all of that is fixed in Dell Latitude XT Tablet and Windows 7 Ultimate x64 the RC All of the current Vista x XT drivers work on Win My specs are Intel LV Ghz Dual-Core Processor GB of RAM ATI Radeon x GB Samsung SSD drive Booting up into Windows is extremely fast probably due to a combination of win and the SSD drive I often run dozens of IE and Excel windows and it multitasking speed and load capabilities are pretty impressive Multimedia performance is decent it scored low for AERO but I was able to play P x files perfectly without any lag even though its only a Ghz dual-core processor Unfortunately it cannot handle P x without A V Desync My only quip is that the multi-touch feature could be improved Although it could be a Dell hardware limitation rather than Windows Otherwise having a touch tablet is very convenient with Windows The on-screen keyboard is a lot bigger and easier to use and many of the touch features have been improved I programmed my fingerprint reader so I never have to type in the annoying and long domain passwords I tried out the Windows XP Mode it's essentially a virtual PC session of Windows XP with all the hardware being shared and working by default It also maps your local hard drives by default I had to enable the virtualization option from BIOS before I could get it to work My favorite feature has got the be the quot Windows Key P quot to interchange between monitor and projector modes All in all it's an impressive product I hope the RTM is released ASAP Oh did I mention the windows and users folders are several GBs smaller than its Vista counterpart Since I only have a GB drive I'm always conscious of that Tablet Windows Ultimate WIN

A:Dell Latitude XT Tablet and Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thx for the post, good info. Needed that.
Please help me! Does Dell XT need the special installation order with win7 as well, or we dont have to care about the order anymore?
Thx, have a nice day!
Relevancy 79.55%

Greetings I am Anthony I will get right to it I have a Dell Latitude D Laptop notebook Originally I got it used and it had Windows XP and did not come with any discs drivers etc However I wasn't a fan of XP So I converted this computer to Vista This was a bad idea Vista freezes alot while doing almost nothing Registering to this site and creating this the Latitude Getting XP back onto D610 Windows Dell - Help? topic lags very bad Getting Windows XP back onto the Dell Latitude D610 - Help? When XP was on this computer the computer ran very well for this low end hardware I have about GB ram and the cpu Pentium M category When I had XP I could play my favorite game and have background programs running minimized The game is Star Wars Battlefront or Battlefront one - These games are from the - and have very low hardware requirements Those games ran very good on XP On Vista I can barely load the game I begin either game and it takes well over minutes to load up - and reach the start screen It takes another eternity to load any levels The games load SO slow that joining internet servers times me out The game and web browsing slowness is just examples of how Vista is currently sucking Here is where the problem pops in I cannot find a way to re-install XP I have an XP disc but it is not made for this computer -Booting from this disc results in Line of the file blah blah blah is invalid I have tried various things including installing Windows Windows on this computer failed bad no hardware worked - went back to Vista I got desperate enough to illegally torrent several different versions of Windows XP which of course always end up failing won't boot gives boot errors and so on Note I am not trying to break any forum rules by talking about illegal software I need to know what I need or what I need to do install XP Back on this computer I am very desperate I prefer fast XP over sloppy slow Vista any day I would prefer only professional responses from people who know how to deal with these issues instead of poking me with gibberish questions Computer specs currently Windows Vista Ultimate -bit Bit computer GB Ram CPU Intel Pentium M google search the computer model for info I didn't change any hardware I do have a better computer running Windows with GB ram and a cpu I still very badly want to fix this computer to use as a backup Thanks you

A:Getting Windows XP back onto the Dell Latitude D610 - Help?

I would prefer only professional responses from people who know how to deal with these issues, instead of poking me with gibberish questions.
No need to worry about that, all volunteers here.
Contact Dell and they can probably sell you an OEM WinXP disk for that model. That should solve the loading problem, and the drivers should be slip-streamed into the install disk (make sure before you buy). Professional enough for you?
Relevancy 79.55%

Because of software problems, I made an image of Windows 7 as I had it, cleaned the hard disk with DBAN (Darik's Boot and Nuke), and reinstalled the software on my Lenovo laptop from the Windows 7 disk. This has worked OK, but my Dell Latitude won't boot from the Windows 7 disk. Please tell me how I can get this laptop to boot.

A:Dell Latitude won't load Windows 7 from disk

Too many unknowns here for me to help much.

What did you create the image with, and what partitions did you backup/restore ?
Macrium, Acronis, AOMEI, Windows built-in backup program, etc. ?

Your specs show Win 7 Enterprise.
Is this a business PC, and is there an IT support staff that can help ?

and reinstalled the software on my Lenovo laptop from the Windows 7 disk. This has worked OK, but my Dell Latitude won't boot from the Windows 7 disk.

How did you reinstall software from the Windows 7 disk if the Windows 7 disk won't boot ?

I'm a home user with PC's using Legacy MBR installs (not UEFI).
When i mess with things and a PC won't boot, a Startup Repair fixes the problem.
Startup Repair
Relevancy 79.55%

i have tried to reinstall windows xp on my dell c600 and i get different erorr msg stating that one file or another cant be loaded or are corrupt each time its a different file ive tried using 3 different win xp disc on a couple attempts it will freeze while loading files
have also tried different harddrives

A:install Windows XP on Dell Latitude c600

I would run a memory tester

Download the prebuilt ISO, burn it to CD as an Image (not data), boot from that CD and run the memory test for a couple of hours or overnight to stress test the memory. If you get errors with this test you have a bad memory module, if you have more than one memory module installed remove all but one and re-run the test, test each module individually until you find the bad one.
Relevancy 79.55%

I reformatted the hard drive and tried to install XP home Edition for my Latitude D600, but keep getting different error messages.

#1 The file viaide.sys is corrupted.
#2 The file \i386\vgaoem.fon could
not be loaded. The error code is 4
#3 The file toside.sys is corrupted.
#4 The file partmgr.sys is corrupted.

I thought it was a faulty operating system disk, but I've tried three different disks. Can you help me? This is not the first time I've reformatted desktops and laptops.

A confused person

A:Install Windows XP on Dell Latitude D600
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello all,

You guys have helped me before on a ram issue for my desktop. Now I'm having trouble with a Dell Latitude e5510 laptop. I'm trying to install windows 7 64 bit on it. I went through the install process and wiped the hard drive to start new (the hard drive was almost full of crap I don't use anymore, so I wanted to start fresh).

When the installation finished, it restarted itself for the first time, showed the Dell logo, then remained stuck at a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the corner. Nothing else. I was baffled by this, so I tried re-installing it again and it still won't boot.

Any ideas on what it could be or how I screwed it up?

A:Dell Latitude e5510 Windows 7 64 bit installation help

see this link:

Computer Boots to Black Screen with Blinking Cursor | Computer Tips

it lists possible causes and fixes--could be as simple as a USB connected device or needing to have the CD/DVD inserted or removed
Relevancy 79.55%

I am unable to start up my laptop. I get this error message.."the following file is missing or corrupt. \WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMced start up file.

I do not have the original system disk nor do I have any Dell repair disk.

Can anyone tell me what to do or where I can get a disk from Dell or other source?

I took it to a computer repair store and they could not fix and said I needed disk from Dell.
Thank you.

A:dell latitude D600 with windows 2000 pro OS

You can order the disks from Dell or check Ebay. You can also get Win 2000 on Ebay for about $60. You will need re-install the OS or do a repair installation.
Relevancy 79.55%

try some of the common passwords for administrator like admin or administrator and see how that goes.
Relevancy 79.55%

I just noticed that the Dell Latitude E5520 is not in the list of laptops tested with Windows 10.  When will it be?  I want to take advantage of the FREE upgrade to Windows 10 and it turns out my desktop computer, an Optiplex 380, is also not yet tested with Windows 10.  This means I am unable to upgrade for FREE until these get updated drivers.  Please let me know when I might be able to upgrade my two Dell machines to Windows 10.  Thank youo.

A:Dell Latitude E5520 - When will this be compatible with Windows 10

Thank you for writing to us.
As of now we sure that our testing team is working on the compatibility of the system and the Operating system.Once the testing is done it will be on the Dell support site and the update and drivers will be available. 
Relevancy 79.55%

When I received a computer first, Windows 7 was installed and I reinstalled Windows 10.  Now I would like to install Windows 7 again.
How can I Windows 7 OCEM product number?
How can I install the Windows 7?

Thank you.
Relevancy 79.55%

OK So I have this really frustrating issue maybe one of you guys can help me 8.1 Issues Windows and Internet Latitude a with XT Dell with So I installed Windows on my Dell Latitude XT and so far everything has been going great except for this one issue Whenever I turn on my computer or restart it once it is loaded I can't connect to the internet The computer connects to the WiFi network just fine but if Internet Issues with Windows 8.1 and a Dell Latitude XT I open Internet Explorer or the Windows Store or anything else then it just says unable to connect What fixes it is going to Internet Options and resetting everything Then everything works fine until the next reboot I can't figure out what is going on Everything works perfectly until I reboot then I can't connect to any websites until I reset Internet Options Obviously there is a setting or something that is messing it up but I can't figure out what it is On another note this started when I installed Dell Quickset which is the program that controls the Tablet PC buttons on the front and a bunch of other features Would appreciate any assistance you guys can provide Thanks -BenjaminsiPod Update It is so weird I can access the Windows Store but can't get any pictures Internet Explorer doesn't work at all but Google Chrome does albeit slowly It's like it's only blocking certain Windows Servers

A:Internet Issues with Windows 8.1 and a Dell Latitude XT

Make sure the wireless switch is on. It will be either a sliding switch on the left or right side edge of the computer, a key combination or single key. Toggling this switch will turn all the wireless connections (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Mobile Broadband) on and off, at the same time. Look for a wireless icon...
Relevancy 78.69%

Our Dell Latitude D810 laptop has contracted a virus and we need to reboot it. Right now it stays on the Windows screen and won't come off. If anyone knows where I can find the driver numbers or a bootable environment that would be helpful. We were running Windows XP pro on it, but we purchased it refurbished, so we don't have the software to reinstall anything. If there is a way to get to the desktop screen I can remove the viruses and get the computer up and running, but I am not computer literate enough to know how to get off the loading screen...

A:Need bootable environment for Windows XP Pro - Dell D810 Latitude

You are going to have to get a XP install disc from a friend if possible. You need to wipe the hard drive and install Windows fresh
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a Dell Latitude E4310 which has been acting slow lately, but now I think it finally snapped. When I started the computer up today, I got a BSOD right after "Starting Windows". The information is as follows:

*** STOP: 0X000000ED (0xFFFFFA8004609940,0xFFFFFFFFC000009c,0x0000000000000000,0 x0000000000000000)
Relevancy 78.69%

i have a Dell latitude E and i cant get windows working on any other hard drive then then the special hard drive i setup on it i cant for the life install windows using the uefi bit on this computer i am trying E6410 install/boot Dell cant latitude windows 10 to hot swap a hard drive to this laptop from my old laptop yea i know thats not good but when ever i try to boot i get a ton of BSOD's with different errors some include irql not less or equal driver crorupted expool Kernel security check failure now i have been able to hot swap this this hard drive with other laptops and it boots my old windows no problem but on this Dell latitude E6410 cant install/boot windows 10 laptop i cant install anything even if i try to fresh install windows it also gives those errors above especially Kernel security check failure the only way Dell latitude E6410 cant install/boot windows 10 i have been able to use this laptop is to install windows bit in another similar dell laptop then put the hard drive in this laptop and boot with legacy mode

A:Dell latitude E6410 cant install/boot windows 10

I know some Dells needed a BIOS update before they'd run Windows 8 or later - have you checked it has the latest BIOS?
But also - does it have the right hardware to run UEFI?
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I recently upgraded my Latitude E to Windows successfully asisde from finding a SD card reader not working PCI bridge device was disabled in Dev manger everything is working great I am hover missing one feature i had while running Windows UnderControl Panel Hardware and Sound Power OptionsChange Plan settingsChange advanced power settingsI used to have an option for Dell enhanced somethingThis would give me the option of several fan speed profileseg Ultra cooling silent normalI have all the latest drivers installed fo rmy service tag nbsp FP JSY Inc Dell commndManagement Application P W WN A EXEIve also tried nbsp Dell Power Manager ApplicationSystems-Management Application P W WN A EXESystem-Utilities Application N TV WN A EXEI may have 10 speed Dell Fan Latitude Windows E6530 profiles access to these profiles in bios but a switch them around regular depending on my current so I wish to continue to be able to change from inside Dell Latitude E6530 Windows 10 Fan speed profiles the OS Any hep on how to get this feature back appreciated Cheers
Relevancy 78.69%

not much more to be said i guess.
i have a dell latitude D600, and i need drivers for it, mainly the ethernet (it doesn't work right out the box with windows 7).
any help would be much appriciated. thanks in advance

A:Dell Latitude D600 Windows 7 Drivers needed

Quote: Originally Posted by Shazamy13

not much more to be said i guess.
i have a dell latitude D600, and i need drivers for it, mainly the ethernet (it doesn't work right out the box with windows 7).
any help would be much appriciated. thanks in advance

Im assuming you went to and checked. You can use their vista drivers for 32 bit by installing them in compatibiliy mode.

Let us know if that doesn't work

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello Experts I am being bothered with some issues which I give up trying to fix I have got a go ahead from the security guys in this awesome forum and I think I am free from virus Trojan Malaware etc I have the following issues When I shutdown a weird end application called quot Sample quot is prompted to end without which the shutdown doesn't happen please can some tell me how to fix this When I click on control panel It takes a lot of time and then a window appears with message IPC error no connection SM RC ENOCONN Tried all the options found in google Not sure what is Inter Processing call or server related any help would be appreciated Error screenshot attached I tried to delete few unwanted application and could not get my MSN messenger work so after a struggle was successful removing it from my system and installed it again however when I reinstalled I cannot login as immediately get error code error I tried without success the following options here Error or Messenger Support Space As advised I have SuperAntiSpyware Spybot search and destroy Winpatrol Scotty and Snoopfree along with ESET anti virus running ESET is set to scan in smart mode only during idle however during my startup anti virus starts and it takes a minutes before SuperAntispyware starts and only then wireless starts and only then I can access any task in the system Is that cost I D505 XP Dell [SOLVED] Windows Latitude Issues. pay to keep my system safe Please advise Note I cannot do system restore as I just got my system [SOLVED] Windows XP Issues. Dell Latitude D505 cleaned and do not want to go back and do not even know which point would be good Any help would be appreciated Thanks a ton P

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP Issues. Dell Latitude D505

I removed a link from your post - as I believe it's a scam site, luckily, your AV did alert and prevent you from downloading.

Did you try to reregister the .dll files per the instructions found here? What step did you fail on?
Relevancy 78.69%

A client's laptop will not load Windows 10 with latest updates installed from power on while it is plugged into the docking station.  The screen will be black with white circling dots.  The client can undock and boot the laptop just fine and plug it into the docking station afterwards.  Not entirely sure why it's not booting while docked though.
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello all! My Dell Latitude D520 won't boot. It shows the the bios screen then repeats itself. I have not made any changes to software/hardware and I was using it 3 days before. Please help!

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello All,
I have a Latitude E5470 on Win 7 x64 that I am not able to use the soft key toggle switch (FN + Prtscr) to turn on or off the wireless connection. This functionality works perfectly in the Win10 laptop, however seems that the driver does not allow or is not functional in the Win7 environment. (In Win10 the airplane mode appears when I toggle the option.)
Have anyone experience this issue or knows of a workaround to resolve this in Win7 ? 

Thanks in advance. - Ron
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Everyone. I have my new Dell Latitude D620 that i purchased and have recently wiped the hard drive. However, i have now realized that my desktop OS disc is not working to install windows onto my laptop. Are there any other ways to install windows without purchasing 200-300$ software? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Missing Windows OS disc for Dell Latitude D620

If it is a new machine, then you can get a replacement from dell. Just let them know the one you have will not complete the install. If it was purchased from a 3rd party and is used, Find out if it is still covered under warranty. If it is, ask that person to call dell and do a change of ownership. Once there system shows you as owner (or you get the info used when they purchased and/or registered the computer, if you bought from a friend) you should be able to get help from Dell.

Good Luck. Let me know how it turns out.
Relevancy 78.69%

Issue with video driver for Windows 10 64 bit solved.

Used this driver and it worked.
Relevancy 78.69%

No problems connecting to internet after turning on After hibernation it connects to my network but it says quot no internet access quot Wireless card is DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card I've tried a billion things that I've read in various posts Reinstalled the wireless driver Windows lost Latitude internet 7 hibernation, is - After Dell Disabled IPv Changed the adapter power management Reset the WINSOCK and IPv TCP IP stack But I don't think it's my wireless After hibernation even Windows 7 Dell Latitude - After hibernation, internet is lost if I connect my ethernet cable it still won't connect to the Internet I contacted Microsoft support and they said I had to ship them my computer for as the computer needs a fresh reinstall of Windows And that I couldn't reinstall Windows myself without repurchasing since I no longer have the original CD It seems drastic that I need to fully wipe this laptop clean Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this Below are some printouts of my ipconfig There are some quot Media disconnected messages quot that appear which I don't understand Here is ipconfig when I first turn on and everything works fine Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap ABA - - ED-A D- F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F D - BFA- DA -B E - D D F A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap EBDDF - - E - - F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C EED A-B - - DF-A B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix AND HERE IS IPCONFIG AFTER HIBERNATION WHEN THE INTERNET NO LONGER WORKS AND MY ATTEMPT TO RUN IPCONFIG RELEASE Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap ABA - - ED-A D- F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F D - BFA- DA -B E - D D F A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap EBDDF - - E - - F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C EED A-B - - DF-A B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users FrogFrancine gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its m edia disconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IPv Ad... Read more

A:Windows 7 Dell Latitude - After hibernation, internet is lost

Welcome to Seven Forums,

When you reinstalled the wireless network adapter's driver did you download and install the latest driver?
Relevancy 78.69%

I am lookin for suggestions on this error in device manager. Dell does not seem to have a fix for this.

A:PCI serial port driver error on Dell E6400 Laptop with Win7 entprz64

Hi there .... Have you tried to perform a windows update? It could be to do with the version of Windows you are using!
Relevancy 78.26%

I picked up a E6400 (x2 qty) from ebay and a product key from another site.  Used my 64 bit home premium disc  to install win 7.  Something went wrong and I changed hard drive to WD 250 install and got endless update problem

A:Fresh Install-Endless Windows Update problem latitude E6400 laptop

I have used Google and Bing to search about this problem.   I have tried numerous fixes including MS fix-it tool.  I have an error code which will be included in next post.  
Thanks in advance
Relevancy 77.83%

I am looking for windows 7 video controller drivers for dell latitude d505. Where can I find them?

A:Windows 7 video controller drivers for dell latitude d505

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]
There's no support for Windows 7 from Dell. The last OS supported was XP.
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a Dell Latitude D180 with windows XP. Sometimes my computer will turn on just fine. But most of the time it doesn't. When i try to turn it on only the power symbol will light then turn off. However if i keep trying to turn it on it might work. Sometimes it can take 3 tries other times it can take 20 or more times. I just want it to turn on the first time. Its not the battery. I have switch the batteries with someone who have the same exact computer.

Relevancy 77.83%

My laptop has been running really slow. I saw once BSOD screen but didn't write down info. However, BSOD screen appeared only once so far...Right now just slow performance.

I've done:

1. defragmentation

2. disk clean up (system tools)

3. scanned with Windows Live Care...nothing showed (my version expires soon as it's free)

I came across Windows Memory Test on one of the forums saying to test/ check RAM etc...

Any further suggestions...?

Hi .Take a look at the following...IMO, it's worth reading.Slow Computer - Louis
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a Dell Latitude D and Windows The generic Windows sound driver made the sound for the laptop run but not with the docking station I installed the Sigmatel drivers for Windows Vista bit They also worked for me on Windows First they didn't wanna install but then I made a BIOS update from Revision A to A and it solved the problem Now again I have sound for the laptop but when connected to the docking station the following happens When I set the normal speakers as output Sound starts to play through the speakers connected to the docking station but aborts quickly for example the Windows sound when changing the volume When I set the SPDIF out as output No sound at all The Sigmatel website obviously doesn't provide drivers since it's not existant anymore The audio business was sold to IDT but the IDT Website sucks Detailed descriptions of all sound cards but no drivers at all There was an IDT modded drivers section on laptopvideo go com before but unfortunately the project is dead I can't even find the uploaded files anymore Anyway one doesn't know if it works for Win at all Audio device STAC Device-ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS F amp REV amp C AAC amp amp I tried the following drivers from the Dell website already which according to Windows work but give me the described sound problem - Y VM - R - R - sound 8 D630: Sigmatel/IDT Windows drive on Dell Latitude R - R Any ideas how I can get this to work Any other IDT drivers available

A:Windows 8 on Dell Latitude D630: Sigmatel/IDT sound drive

Generally, only Dell supplied drivers work properly on a Dell PC. Non Dell drivers will either not work or not work properly in most cases.

Have you tried posting on the Dell Laptop forum? That would be a good place to start.
Laptop - Dell Community
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello again. I used Darik's Boot and Nuke to wipe the hard drive of my Dell Latitude D620 laptop, and am now using the official Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition disc that originally came with the laptop, to reinstall everything. It goes through a hardware configuration check, then into Windows Setup. Setup appears to load all files correctly, then shows "starting Windows". At this point a blue screen appears saying "a problem has been detected and window has been shut own to prevent damage to your computer. Technical information listed below is: ***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF76130BF, 0xF7A5F208, 0xF7A5EF08) pci.sys - Address F7130BF base at F760/c000, DateStamp 3b7d855c. I'm not 100% certain, but I think the laptop may have shown the same error just before I used DBAN. Any thoughts?

A:Windows XP setup problem on Dell Latitude D620 after using DBAN

Microsoft says:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x804E518E, 0xFC938104, 0xFC937E04)

WUSB54GCx86.sys- Address 92D89498 base at 92D7c000, Datestamp 45c04cc9
Note The parameters and file names in this error message might vary, depending on the cause of the Stop error. The file name in the second line of the error message, WUSB54GCx86.sys, is an example of a driver file that might be causing the error.Click to expand...
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop and when I try to do quotation marks, I push shift and the quotation mark key, but nothing shows up on screen until I type the next letter. When I had my old computer (which had Windows XP as its OS) there was no such delay.

Also, if the next letter following the quotation mark is an I, my computer does this:
That comes from me pushing the shift and quotation mark key, and then pushing the I key. Why doesn't it just do "I"? (in order to make it do that I have to type the letter I first and then go back and put in the quotation marks around it).

Does anyone know how to fix this so my quotation marks just show up immediately when I push the shift and quotation mark key, or how to make my computer stop doing this: ?

Thank you!!

A:[SOLVED] Weird quotation marks on Dell Latitude E6410 with Windows 7

Welcome to TSF!

Go to Control Panel | Clock, Region, and Language | Region and Language
Check your Location and Keyboard settings, sounds like it's set to a Non-English keyboard which uses that method to type the various diacritical marks (like the umlaut ?) over letters.
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Dell Latitude D620 and I was Downloading something at a hotel on a unsecure network and it stop downloading. Now it won't get on the net with IE. It is a download CPU so I don't have email setup. I tire relosding the driver with no luck. I reloaded Windows XP and on it because I couldn't think og anything else. It still won't get back on net. The Wifi will connect to network but it will not get on net.

Any suggestions? It usually works when I reload windows. Thanks for help.

A:Dell Latitude D620 Wireless Wifi Stopped Working Windows XP OS

Can you do the following:

Start then run type in cmd hit enter.

In the big black box that comes up type in:

ipconfig /all >> c:\ipconfig.txt

Copy the file to a flash drive and paste the contents in your next post.
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a curious Problem with a Fresh windows 10 Install (restore from Dell Media) and he Fingerprint Reader.
I installed all drivers inkl. Dell Security Tools. 2 Fingers are recognized in Software.
But after Restart from Windows, Login is only possible with PW or secure Question. When i then lock the laptop, login with finger print is available and possible ?!
Also when I then shutdown the Computer and re-power on, fingerprint login is also possible.
But when i press Reboot in Windows, the reader is again not available.
Also when the Computer hits standby and then is power on again, fingerprint is not available.

What can I do to get this reader always available ?
Relevancy 76.97%

How i said in subject, my display had annoying ghost of closed apps windows or icons when opet other content.
I tried linux and windows 10 and both os go with weird shadow
That frustrate me so much

Please help.
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi everyone I'm struggling with Dell Latitude notebook PC's that I'm trying to install Windows Pro Latitude both 2 with Windows 3440's Dell Install, 0x154 BSOD Clean 10 on One of which has been running Windows flawlessly for years the other one is brand new out of the box never been opened As always when doing a reinstall of an OS or even a fresh install on a newly delivered computer I test the RAM and HD 2 Dell Latitude 3440's with Windows 10 Clean Install, both BSOD 0x154 RAM is tested with Memtest what else and for the HD's I have a few different sector checking utilities I use on them All tests passed on both machines as I expected So I start the install I'm using a fresh copy of Windows -Bit After zeroing the hard drive in each machine I start the install Installation goes smoothly I then download the drivers all from Dell's website for the Latitude for Windows -Bit and install not necessarily in this order Intel Chipset Driver Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Trackpad Driver Audio Driver via Device Manager Ethernet and WiFi Drivers via Device Manager SD Card Reader Driver Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Video Driver On one machine the person needed it back this was the one I had wiped Windows on and done a fresh install to Windows Pro so I installed my usual set of applications and then gave it to her On the second machine I was done with it for the night and didn't start the software load because it was getting late so I shut it down and started it up again and somewhere in here I can't remember where it threw a UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION x bluescreen I fired it back up and collected some logs attached and tried for the next half hour or so to watch videos on YouTube in p full screen launch Windows applications shut down and boot up the computer restart the computer which we know is different than shutting down by default thanks to Fast Boot and anything else I could possibly think of to try to make it bluescreen again and I couldn't I also just received a message with a photo attached from the person using the first computer and it's a photo of the exact same bluescreen that she just received while resuming her session on her laptop I think she opened the lid after it was asleep but I can't confirm the exact action taken When I had that machine last week everything went fine during the installation and software load and I thought it was good to go On the laptop I do have with no software installed at all besides the drivers I tried installing the Intel Driver Update Utility just to see if by chance it detected new IRST Chipset or IME AMT drivers and it didn't The only driver it detected was a video driver that could be updated but detected that the current version was a manufacturer specific driver Everything I can find in the bluescreen logs seems to relate to a disk error or storage driver and that's what I've found online relating to this error too But I have a really hard time believing both drives are bad especially with one machine that worked flawlessly with Windows Professional for years and another brand new out of the box having the exact same issue and both tested by me using my usual tests before proceeding with an install Thanks again very much in advance for any help This is thoroughly annoying The attached file below is from the Latitude that I currently have with me the one with no extra software installed besides drivers from Dell's website and that's it This bluescreen seems extremely difficult to reproduce reliably