Windows Support Forum

Admin Bios Admin "Unknown"

Q: Admin Bios Admin "Unknown"

I bought an used Elitebook HP 8570P for my grand child , it works OK but Bios Admin is unknown,We can not get to bios set up by using "EsC" then "F10"Model 8570PSerial # 5CB3020QM4SKU # B5V88AW#ABA. Pleaswe help me to reset the Bios Password to blank (Nothing).Your help is greatly apprecicated.Tks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Admin-Bios-Admin-quot-Unknown-quot/td-p/5710917
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin Bios Admin "Unknown"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.04%

BIOS password was set on a Vostro 3560 and it doesn't appear to be the same as what I remember setting it as
I understand that you could reset the password or change it to a master password...

The machine is a month old so its in warranty and its details are as follows:
SYS DISABLE 3298F8F22F47D21F
SERVICE TAG <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>

Can you let me know if you need any further details, and I can message you these?
Thanks

A:BIOS Admin Password unknown

I have the same problem .
someone else you can help me .
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19531046
Relevancy 95.89%

I recently found myself locked out of my system s BIOS having never set an admin password myself Since then I ve had many problems including forced reboots physical memory dumps while trying to perform scans requested in the malware detection directions for this site I don Password set unknown anonymous by Admin person to / BIOS me t know specifically what is wrong but have had software detect anonymous users logging on to my computer remotely without appearing as users in the control panel I ve reinstalled the operating system counteless times BIOS Admin Password set by anonymous person / unknown to me and always find the same problems within hours if not minutes of installation completion Finally and I m not BIOS Admin Password set by anonymous person / unknown to me sure if it s relevant but Windows only recognizes some odd Gb storage space on my Gb hard drive Also the computer will boot normally but not in safe mode or any other diagnostic condition when trying this a screen comes up listing all installed drivers and computer freezes Any help would be much appreciated Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Ted Cassel at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings Ted Cassel My Documents Downloads HijackThis exeC Documents and Settings Ted Cassel Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Ted Cassel Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Ted Cassel Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Ted Cassel Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Ted Cassel Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Ted Cassel Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Ted Cassel Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com igBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dlluRun Google Update quot c documents and settings ted cassel local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot cuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeDPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp go microsoft com fwlink linkid DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SERVICES DRIVERS S cerc cerc x S TMPassthruMP TMPassthruMP c windows system drivers tmpassthru sys -- c windows system drivers TMPassthru sys Created Last - - ----a-w- c documents and settings ted cassel defogger reenable - - -c----w- c windows system dllcache ieframe dll mui - - -c----w- c windows system dllcache icardie dll - - -c----w- c windows system dllcache ieapfltr dll - - -c----w- c windows system dllcache ieapfltr dat - - -c----w- c windows system dllcache ieudinit exe - - d-----w- c windows system appmgmt - - d-sh--w- c documents and settings ted cassel PrivacIE - - d-sh--w- c documents and settings ted cassel IETldCache - - -c----w- c windows system dllcache iecompat dll - - d-----w- c windows ie updates - - -c----w- c windows system dllcache xpshims dll - - -c----w- c windows system dllcache msfeeds dll - - -c----w- c windows s... Read more

A:BIOS Admin Password set by anonymous person / unknown to me

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305025/bios-admin-password-set-by-anonymous-person-unknown-to-me/
Relevancy 91.16%

If someone with greater technical savvy than I can help it would be appreciated If logs would help please advise which I've tried to find dislodge hijacker ru URL I feel like I'm playing chess in the dark against grand master as grim reaper Losing money time and peace with situation Windows level techs have remotely tried to fix separate cases and top tech guy at Corte Madera CA store unable to fix problem DCOM flooded with error messages by time OS completes corrupted SOS fix mbr & Reset by corrupted replaced shortcuts book, built machine(s) in admin cannot as all bios, standalone broken RAT. admin Welcome nbsp song dance Unable to fix corrupt certificates with unknown and unsigned certificate extensions Default built-in admin replaced by Defaultuser Paths changed on any owner created admin accounts which no longer have any admin privileges despite still being named as admin Attributes changed on Library files so documents saved and pusic ripped cannot be accessed Rollback option on drivers also SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced all changed immed after start up st time Disk Management loses ability SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced to format or save info on USB devices which are converted to RAW format Thrice weekly reset of system does nothing but allow brief window of usage Network settings corrupted and based on description believe DNS cache to be poisoned Tried using sysinternal accesschk but log shows for less than second amp disappears Procmgr shows huge amounts of svchost programs running simultaneously Though my guess is that both machine and network corrupted probably primary and rest result of ports left open by st so don't know where to start VM and proxy attempts circumvented by unchangeable command bypass proxy for localhost command nbsp Not just Windows purchased Mac OS x which worked great for months until shrug Windows script started getting written to Mac library Devices w every OS of Windows since XP every OS x of Mac Linux iOS Android all have permissions amp admin changed to point where I have lost access to system files nbsp Registry corrupted but nothing in regedit or tools from sysinternals can fix Cannot make myself NET USER on Windows machines since all my user accounts get changed to standard I cannot imagine a situation wherein I could possibly be more f ked Experts new machines software have cost fortune Would eat worms but can't find Sorry for length but could not figure out how to shorten SOS Excellent opportunity for someone to be hero Thnx for any conceivable solution aside Luddism

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7ed882e2-1d72-46d3-8752-d7b551e10785/sos-reset-cannot-fix-as-book-bios-mbr-all-corrupted-standalone-machines-corrupted-by-rat-built?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 86.86%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 80.84%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I just purchased a new lenovo v570 laptop runing windows 7 home premium.

I scanned an image using my Epson NX 400 usb all-in-one printer. Then I tried to save it to my external USB enclosed sata drive. I haven't had any problem like this before. They said, I didn't have permission. I am running the laptop as an administrator. What other permission do I need? Antivirus and firewall software is all up and funny functional.

A:Scanned Image Using Windows Paint. Asked For Admin. Permission, but I am on Admin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanned-image-using-windows-paint-asked-for-admin-permission-but-i-am-on-admin.1051243/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone Here is my latest Vista woe s Dell Inspiron gbRAM gb HDD Core duo T GHz Vista Home Prem - auto update AvastHome Windows Defender AVGAntispyware RUBotted Threatfire Some background I have profiles on the machine Admin which is my original Admin account I've used it to install apps etc Basic which is my everyday non-admin profile that I use for just about everything New Admin files Admin can't App Admin - Permissions Problems / Install UAC, Public / access which is a new admin account I created for trouble shooting but it has the same problems that the original one has There are basic issues I'll use one particular instance as an example but it's not the only instance AND it's an intermittent issue - sometimes problem happens sometimes it doesn't Ten minutes after this instance I downloaded and installed an app and it ran fine In my Basic profile I downloaded Skype and saved the file to my Public Downloads folder I right-clicked quot run as administrator quot Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files to try and install Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files and got this error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I tried just clicking it to run it without quot run as administrator quot and got the same error I did some searching on the error and found some postings elsewhere but most were very old and in WinXP instead of Vista but I tried investigating the things mentioned in those posts - I ran the AVG scan and removal tool for the Gaelicum A virus - it didn't find anything - I checked the properties of the file and it did not say anything about coming from another computer and needing to be unblocked - I logged out of my Basic profile and logged into my Admin profile and all the same problems happened - I logged into my New Admin profile and all the same things happened In my New Admin profile I copied the file from the Public Downloads folder and tried pasting it into my New Admin's own Downloads folder and got this error Destination Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file NOTE This happened IN MY ADMIN PROFILE Click quot Continue quot and get this message User Account Control Windows needs your permission to continue If you started this action continue File Operation Microsoft Windows AD - - - - B BDB E Click quot continue quot and the installer begins It runs a while and then I get this message the dialog box says its a message from Skype but I've gotten similar messages from other software I've tried to install Cannot write the installation package on the disk Please make sue that you have the necessary disk space available There are GB available on this disk This is not a new problem so I can't think to associate it with any particular software change and so 'restoring' to an earlier time isn't helpful because it's not tied to any particular time that I can identify I haven't changed hardware AND the associated issue at least I think it's associated is that sometimes installing apps in one profile doesn't flow thru to the other profiles and I can't find any rhyme or reason to that - I've had this happen whether I install the apps while in my Admin account while in my Basic account and using quot run as administrator quot to install or whether I'm in my Admin account and using quot run as administrator quot EVEN THOUGH I'm IN MY ADMIN account because some apps seem to require that kind of thing Then the icons for that app won't show up in different profiles' start menus I can't even search for the apps - have to sometimes dig into C xx to find an executable to create a shortcut Sometimes then trying to run the app and I'm talking about something basic like maybe a PDF viewer or something like that it says I need administrator permissions to run it I'm so tired of all this Can someone please help me I'm ... Read more

A:Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files

Helloooooo??? Anybody out there?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me.

[UPDATE] incidentally, since writing this I have been able to install a couple of other small apps (but have also run into the same problem on a couple of others).

Thanks
Buck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-admin-permissions-app-install-uac-admin-cant-access-public-files-260867.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 78.69%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
I'm new to Windows 7.

I'm still trying to master the file permissions.. I need some help and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I have a folder with mp3s (created with my old Windows XP system). I've included this mp3s folder in the "my music" library and then I inspected the folder and took ownership of it together with everything it contains (following instructions I found on the Net).

Nevertheless, when I'm trying to delete or move a file I get the message that I need to provide administrator permission! But I thought I am both administrator and owner...

Also, when listen to the songs with WinAmp, it seems I cannon save any song data. I get: Cannot save metadata: Error opening file.

I suppose, it's an aspect of the very same problem.

What am I missing?

thanx.

A:I need admin permission to delete/move file (but I'm both admin/owner)

Take a look on the properties of the folder see if you have an unblock button . If you do click on it .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/297001-i-need-admin-permission-delete-move-file-but-im-both-admin-owner.html
Relevancy 78.69%

We have a script that installs a program (Office 2007). It then imports some registry file settings. It imports HKLM and HKCU. We have noticed that if this is installed as a local admin, the settings seem to take if we scan the box as a local admin(we are running a security scan to determine this (the security scan checks multiple gpo's supposed to be set by the program/reg imports). If we scan as a domain admin, the system doesn't seem to show they are set. We believe we see the opposite if it's installed as a domain admin. For the domain scan they are set, for the local scan they are not. Does this have to do with how you can change registry entries as a domain admin versus local admin? The registry settings are imported with reg.exe import filename.reg like commands in the .bat script. Any ideas are helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpo-settings-reg-files-local-admin-versus-domain-admin.984826/
Relevancy 78.69%

Basically I have two admin accounts one of which belongs to another member of family and one which belongs to me. Heres the situation:

The person who owns the other Admin account is changing my accounts password (also an admin account). Surely there is some way to make it so that I can not have my account's password changed unless it is logged on to my actual account (so my account's password can only be changed if my account is logged on?)

Is there a way?

In urgent need of help!

Thanks!

A:Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Here's an article (for Win2K) that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309799But, IMO, the issue here is that the other person can't be trusted. In such a situation I'd suggest making the other account into a Standard User account - that way they won't be able to mess with your stuff, and they'll be reliant upon you for anything that requires administrative privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153087/prevent-admin-accounts-from-changing-other-admin-account-passwords-in-xp/
Relevancy 78.69%

Frustrated with admin rights - Please help me.

Just purchased new PC - HP Pavilion desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 during installation. I've downloaded Google Chrome as my default search engine with no issues. I've attempted several times to download Google Earth. Download fails: "Google Earth needs administrator privileges to install."

I am the only user on this PC and User Account type indicates that I'm the "Administrator".

Why won't Google Earth install?

A:Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin)

Hello and welcome!

Sometimes you have to run the installation file and deliberately make it "Run as Administrator" by right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting this option. Not sure if this is the case with Google Earth but worth a try.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33461-google-earth-wont-install-admin-privileges-required-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
I need to either change a guest log in (kid's access) to
adminstrator, or a way to reveal or change the password
for the Admin profile. Thanks for your help.
I tried this already: Run: cmd net user guest *
I tried to rest the guest password this way but
it didn't work - I'm thinking it is because I am not
logged on as admin in the first place. What do I do now?
Thx
lrr

A:change guest login to admin or figure out admin password

you cant change an admins pw from a guest account....at all

only way to change the admin pw is to boot to safe mode and enter the sys admin account or use a hacking program iso which you can find easily but use at your own risk....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-guest-login-to-admin-or-figure-out-admin-password-314097.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi from my research I saw this is the best place to ask these types of question Any help is appreciated policy Group admin. cannot admin error; as login Here is the gist of Group policy error; admin cannot login as admin. my issues Windows I had just Group policy error; admin cannot login as admin. finished downloading a file from our Google drive directory it was for some anti virus Right after the anti virus installed Windows froze up and an error popped up It stated Windows had crashed or something along those lines I had to unplug the cord Once rebooting I noticed it was taking incredibly long The screen went to yellow showing signs of loading then to black I could move my mouse here After this happened the login screen appeared Everything was very slow I tried to right click and noticed it freezing up After it finally loaded the login screen I entered in my pin but it took over minutes then went to black After other tries to boot I had very mixed signals Sometimes it made it to the login other times just a black screen On one occasion I got this error The Group Policy Client Service Failed The Sign-in The Universal Unique Identifier UUID Type Is Not Supported Sadly this is for the admin account I have no idea where to go from here and have a lot invested file and program wise and thus time wise into this set up for work Any ideas where to go I cannot access system restore or anything as it won't let me log in Any help is appreciated Edit title shouldn't say admin at the end Meaning I cannot log in to the admin or any other profile

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616132/group-policy-error;-admin-cannot-login-as-admin/
Relevancy 77.83%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word All Office features MS user with but work not admin Admin with Pro or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user one All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself I can't access the help files When I log in as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win system me Programs asking passwords and for admin user admin Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password Of course the sys admin has no password and my local admin does So no matter what I do I get it wrong Earlier today I was trying to reset the tiles in my start menu to default I followed directions I found on the web activated the sys admin account went to the sys admin account the users app data tabletray But I kept getting the error that something quot was already in use quot and I couldn't copy all the files I went ahead Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords and pasted what I had in my local admin and standard user account then I disabled the sys admin account Now some programs icons I installed earlier today have disappeared I have to go to an admin account to gain access and turn them on MSI afterburner And any program that needs Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords admin access I'm not sure if I'm giving it access or it's just starting without admin access Seems like the next time I re-boot or log off I have to do it all over again when a program asks for elevated access it shows sys admin account AND local admin account above the password box Is that normal I could have sworn it only had my local admin account listed before If I have to re-install where do I Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords get the free win upgrade again are those files saved on my pc

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58127-programs-asking-me-system-admin-user-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 77.83%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with one Pro work not MS user features All but admin with Admin Office with or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user I can't access the help files When I log in All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Guys I'm new to this forum as in this is my first post so please be gentle with Admin? Standard Account to Hidden (Admin) Transferring me if this has been answered before So anyway I have a standard account with admin privileges turned off UAC etc but it doesn't seem to be elevated all the time for example I still see the quot admin shield Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? quot icon next to some programs on my desktop Most of the time I have to right click and select quot Run as Administrator quot from the popup menu and also Windows still asks me when something needs admin mode and do I want to continue I have Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? activated the hidden true admin account on my PC and when I log into that everything is elevated and great no more prompts etc which is what I want But the problem is it looks very basic I want to be able to transfer all my settings from my standard admin account to my true admin account is this possible I've tried going to system- gt advanced system settings- gt user profiles to copy the account across but the copy button is grayed out If this is not possible is there any way to make this standard admin account the full type which is always elevated Hope someone can help me I'm getting very annoyed having to give permission for things I want to do all the time Thanks in advance -milw rm

A:Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin?

Hello milw0rm, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You could use the tutorial below to elevate your standard administrator account to have the same elevated rights as the built-in elevated Administrator account.

Be warned though, that all Metro Store apps and the Store will not work in an elevated account.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/16240-transferring-standard-admin-account-hidden-admin.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have an hp mini 1000 netbook with the admin passwords in the bios and win xp. It was my cousins who is no longer with us, so my aunt gave it to me. Noone knows the passwords. How can I bypass them or override them? I can get in as a guest but it is too limited. What are my best options?

A:HP Mini admin password unknown

You need to talk to HP, after changing the registered ownership, and may need a document about the fate of the previous owner. You may have to send it to a certified HP service center with a formal notice of change of ownership included.
As for TechSpot, there is a policy to not provide assistance with passwords.
What you want to do is usually very difficult in the best of circumstances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-mini-admin-password-unknown.148971/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a teacher that purchased a laptop for her classroom. (Her funds - Her laptop.) She now has a password on her admin account in XP that someone gracously set. Any ideas on how to reset that password without reloading XP? There are no other accounts setup.

Thanks,

Rigel

A:admin account has unknown password

Petter Nordahl-Hagen's offline nt editorhere is a password editor... it works really great for NT and 2000...sometimes works for XP sometimes not...if it does not work... the password hash will be trashed and mostlyit will have to have the harddrive wiped and windows re-installed.but... it is free, where quite a few other editors cost $$$--rex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/12477/admin-account-has-unknown-password/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have an 'Unknown User' on the Administrative permissions folder. It has an outlined head for an icon instead of a filled in head as is the usual accounts. This account has special permissions. As I only vaguely get how the permissions are inherited, I did not change anything. I did find it odd however, because it was never there in the past. Whether it is a new feature or not and is it harmful is I guess what I am looking for. The other question is who is Null in the Outlook services. There is Bigfoot and 3 other easily recognizable services, but Null has never been there before. Thank you in advance.

Quicksandy

A:Just who is 'Unknown User' in the Admin Permissions

Hiya

Moved you here where you may get a better response

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-who-is-unknown-user-in-the-admin-permissions.285641/
Relevancy 76.11%

So for the second time this month a Windows Update has basically killed my machine As I was going to bed at GMT WindowsUpdate started an auto-install and rebooted my as made admin act available? Admin no privileges WinUpdate machine As I logged into the Admin-level account normally it appears to stop loading any of my programs - firewall AV email everything Volume appears and that's it I click my browser icon on the jump bar and it popsup an alert box that says quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item WinUpdate made Admin act as no admin privileges available? quot I get this on everything command prompt window Games on non-boot drive Windows utilities programs themselves Funnily enough although quot Run as Admin quot on my browsers doesn't work using the quot Run Safer quot option through my OnlineArmor firewall program guard does allow a browser to run But not anything else And not as with Admin Privileges Bloody annoying I can't uninstall anything quot Last Known Good Configuration quot and quot Safe Mode quot does nothing for this problem There's no way to access quot System Restore quot so even if there is a restore point which there should be - I made one after reinstalling at beginning of the month the last time this happened I can't use it The quot Shut Down quot button on the Start Menu constantly tells me to click it for the update process again times or so and it's still there I can access My Computer through Start Menu and move files around What in blazes is happening And why twice after a Windows Update that I cannot defer or block P GHz GB Dual-Channel PC- RAM ATI HD MB GPU Win Ultimate -bit EmsiSoft's OnlineArmor firewall Avast Anti-Virus

A:WinUpdate made Admin act as no admin privileges available?

Addendum :

Managed to create a new Admin-level user.
No go. Same problem. Will not run anything - not enough permissions?!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/214648-winupdate-made-admin-act-no-admin-privileges-available.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I've been trying to remove all my sims 3 games cause they aren't working they are saying version 0.0.0.0 but my computer tells me i have insufficient access please contact system administrator, I'm the only one that uses this computer and I am the administrator Ive been trying to uninstall it for weeks now and have tried force uninstall programs as well can anyone please help me?

A:cant uninstall programs says need admin access but i am the admin

Did you try the free version of Revo Uninstaller?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-uninstall-programs-says-need-admin-access-but-i-am-the-admin-701354.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi.

The main (and only account) I have been using since the first beta came out had administrator privileges.

Today when I booted up I noticed that my account could no longer do things that are associated with an admin account, such as installing certain programs and writing to certain folders.

I created another account with admin rights and that account has the exact same problem. I tried removing the admin status on my account and putting it back on but that did not work.

Anyone else have this problem or have any advice on how to get my account seen as an admin account?

A:Admin acount no longer has admin privileges?

Hello iroden.

Check out my recent other post for a similar matter
NewSID.exe HELP!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4912-admin-acount-no-longer-has-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

A:admin user lost some admin rights

Quote: Originally Posted by Witch

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

Whats the name of the file?
Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194988-admin-user-lost-some-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 76.11%

There is a user Dad with admin privileges on a Windows machine this is me There are other users kid and kid with no admin privileges my kids - I want to let kid and kid access the contents of a directory in my userspace C Users Dad In fact it's not users wants a directory share to non-admin Admin with at the top level let's say it's C Users Admin wants to share a directory with non-admin users Dad ownCloud photos because it is I want Admin wants to share a directory with non-admin users to let kid have read write access and kid read only access I navigated my way to C Users Dad ownCloud and then right-clicked on photos clicked on properties clicked on the sharing tab and did what looked like the sensible thing gave the kids the required access I then logged in as kid and attempted to find my way to C Users Dad ownCloud photos I got there -- but on the way I saw far too much -- kid can see a complete list of the names of all files and directories in D Users Dad not ideal and also names of all files and directories in C Users Dad ownCloud which is not acceptable because that is my entire life in the cloud Is this expected behaviour when sharing directories in Windows If not what did I do wrong If so then this is no good and I guess I need a workaround The problem is that I am not at all sure that I can move the directory because it part of a cloud storage service like Dropbox but a different company and as far as I know that directory ownCloud photos the one I want to share with my kids must be a subdirectory of ownCloud the one that I really don't want my kids to be able to view the contents of Also not a viable solution is re-organizing the directory structure of ownCloud i e putting photos at the top and everything else in another directory called quot not for kids quot or whatever -- the problem with that solution is that this directory ownCloud is shared by me on many machines and if I start changing things around then various scripts running on other machines would immediately fail -- the directory structure cannot be messed with I think I need to have most directory names in C Users Dad ownCloud not visible but the entire directory C Users Dad ownCloud photos visible I'm not worried whether the kids can access the directory directly or via some network share or anything -- I just don't want them to see the names of all files and directories in C Users Dad ownCloud In unix this would be easy to do because one has very fine control on who can see what one could remove read access from C Users Dad but still allow read access to subdirectories How does one do that in Windows PS Lol quot I'm having trouble sharing quot a clickable option on the Share window That sometimes applies to my kids -- nice to see that it applies to me today

A:Admin wants to share a directory with non-admin users

NTFS Folder Permissions

I'm thinking if you create a symbolic link in C:\Users\Public you may be able to let the kids go directly to the shared folder. Perhaps then you can deny Traverse permission to block the parent folder. But I haven't done it myself.

Stoik Joker,who has the NTFS permissions page in the above link, is also a regular poster on DonationCoder.com. You may be able to ask for clarifications there. And of course someone with SysAdmin type experience may chime in here.

If you succeed using external info please post the solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330950-admin-wants-share-directory-non-admin-users.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I admin has My is corrupted PC so Admin user now privileges name NO created an administrator account for MSConway and changed my original account pmconway to user My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges Now when I log in to MSConway I get quot The user name or password is corrupted quot At the cmd line I entered quot net users quot and saw that my Admin account is mistakenly named quot Ms Conway quot Also when I use quot net user quot for MSConway that name is not recognized nor is any variation on Ms Conway like quot Ms Conway quot quot Conway quot quot Ms quot quot Ms What can I do I really want to upgrade to Windows but I'm stuck with no Admin account Also my Windows DVD came with my refurbished HP and says quot Intended for distribution with a refurbished PC quot When I boot from that DVD I don't get an option to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows so I'm wondering if I can even do a clean install with this type of Windows DVD Can I I'd really appreciate any suggestions Thanks a lot Trish

A:My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges

See Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable about enabling the built-in admin account. Once you get it set up I would take a system image with third party software (aomei, eg) so you have a fallback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377115-my-admin-user-name-corrupted-so-now-pc-has-no-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm just getting a new HP Envy - computer set up Came with and then was upgraded to I started with a Microsoft id which set me up as Administrator and that's working fine I set up a Local account with Type Administrator which it shows in the User Account profile I expected that this new Admin account would be a full-on Admin with the ability to see and edit all files pictures documents etc including system stuff but it does none of that If I check the Properties Security on a folder file it will show the account saying that it is Admin and showing the same controls as my Admin account but it is unable to see any of the set but as Admin, as New Admin account doesn't 8.1 work Library documents which reside in the structure under my Admin name which is where I pasted them after copying from my Win machine I haven't really done any other testing to see what else it could could not do once I found it couldn't even pick a new account picture for itself Are my expectations wrong or is there something else I should have done or done differently I have deleted and then recreated it I haven't done anything with Homegroup as there is nothing to share Should I We're a single computer printer home My goal is too have New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin only two accounts This new one as Admin account and a new Standard account for daily use both as Local Accounts New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin then remove my Microsoft Admin user account Thanks for your help

A:New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin

Have You taken ownership of them?
This should work in windows 8.1 too. It works in My Windows 8.
Take Ownership of a File or Folder
Read the directions.

An administrator can take ownership of any file on the computer.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512168/new-81-account-set-as-admin-but-doesnt-work-as-admin/
Relevancy 76.11%

I installed a few programs last night and I lost all my admin privileges I m using an account that has admin rights and yet these happened - run button in the lost account admin privileges! Admin start menu has disappeared Admin account lost admin privileges! - turn off button has also disappeared I can only log off - I cannot run the task manager when I press ctrl-alt-del - some sys tray applications stopped being started up with the windows skype msn messenger icq adobe lightroom daemontools - when I load Adobe Photoshop CS I get this message that says quot You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have administrator privileges quot - I m sure there re more things waiting to be discovered But the thing is my account has admin status I ve run adaware to clear out all spyware already I m attaching a HijackThis log can anyone help see what s wrong Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe E Win UTILIT MICROS rapimgr exe E Win Utilities NOD nod krn exe E Win Internet Tools Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe E Win Internet Tools eMule emule exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe E Win Utilities HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Win Utilities Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG - quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY -C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck -C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite - quot E Win Internet Tools ICQLite ICQLite exe quot -minimize O - HKLM Run BigDog -C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKLM Run Phase One Media Reader -E Win Graphics CAPTUR DCIMImp exe noscan CheckAutoStart O - HKLM Run CTHelper -CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp -CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched - quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader - quot E Win Graphics Lightroom apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run nod kui - quot E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr - quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS - quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Global Startup Launchy lnk E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res E Win Internet Tools ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - E Win UTILIT MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name... Read more

Relevancy 76.11%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi All My Vista Admin Account was hijacked by an unknown hacker or script The hidden admin took over as head admin on my HP Vista Desktop disabled almost all my HW and SW permissions and then created a hidden group of users also some with deny permissions Trying different kinds of malware or anti virus removal By Hacker Vista Unknown Admin Hijacked guides does Vista Admin Hijacked By Unknown Hacker nothing They all report no known virus trojans or malware found Everywhere else I have posted asking for help in deleting the hidden admin and its user group and restoring myself as the admin on my PC with full rights and permissions not one single person had replied Vista Admin Hijacked By Unknown Hacker with anything helpful Here is what the hidden admin did Can not download install run or uninstall in Normal Boot Mode Do not have permissions to do so anymore Can not print or install a printer Do Vista Admin Hijacked By Unknown Hacker not have permissions to do so All System Restore points are hidden Do not have permission to create a new pt or even run sys restore Disabled my network cable card and can not view or see any of my Home Wireless Network Identical Vista Desktops and XP Laptops All my PCs are using wireless network cards The hacked one uses USB Wireless so I can still get online I do not have permission anymore to create or see any kind of wired or wireless network Erased disabled or hid IE I never use it I have used Firefox for years So Firefox is still working so I can ask for help online view my home pages and bookmarked pages and send and recieve email Disabled or hid all MS Management Consoles I do not have permission to use them Disabled Task Manager or took away my permission to use it Disabled my CD DVD Drive or at least the ability to run anything from it Disabled my access to my external backup drive USB Thumbdrives I can see but do not know if I can run anything from them in normal boot mode Disabled any kind of troubleshooting software and security software I already had Anti Virus Spyware PC Check Up Windows Defender Most of my software is creative arts music video photo that seems to be working ok If I boot in Safe Mode with network support I can download run and install some programs Part of my network now shows in Control Panel My Wireless Desktop and my Router Still nothing in printers MS Management or Backup and Restore Linux and Dos Boot Discs work and Vistas Dos Window seems to be ok Any ideas on how to get rid or the hidden admin and its user group and how to get my full admin rights and permissions back would really be helpful Thanks MidiVox

A:Vista Admin Hijacked By Unknown Hacker

Hi Again,
I am making some progress by just going around my PC and manualing resetting permission in property boxes. The auto play window now displays in normal bootup mode. When a CD or DVD is placed in the drive. Nothing on it runs, but at least you can see it.
I was able to remove hacker admin user name TexMex1 by loading the old XP style UAC Console. Then that user name changed to show the reg string for the unknown hacker. I do not know anything about editing the reg.
In Safe Mode, I unlocked and restored part of my permissions on my external back up drive. And I have delete all the hacker users from the property boxes of the software I use the most and made myself owner of that software instead of the hacker.
I have many different log files now from different pieces of troubleshooting software all saying no problems found. No missing or corrupt MS Services found. No hard drive problems. If anyone makes any kind of troubleshooting software to scan for and remove hidden admins and users or restore permissions, do not know what it is.
I signed up for a Remote Tech Repair Service, with a money back guarantee, we can fix your PCs problems. I told them exactly what my problem was before I signed up. A hacker hidden admin took over my PC and disabled most of my permissions and admin rights. So far in 14 hours of remote repair, they have not once actually tried to find the hidden hacker admin delete it or done anything to restore my lost permissions. They keep running the same troubleshooting software I can run in safe mode and get the same results. Nothing found.
Last nights tech told me. Its very easy to restore your permissions and find the hidden admin, but we have not done so because that would not solve your lost permissions problem.
Instead he tried to do an inplace Vista Repair by downloading a Vistasp1 iso image and then had me burn it to a DVD. Of course it did nothing because DVD drive does not work in Safe Mode and I can not run anything in normal mode. That might wipe my hard drive anyway, so I would not have allowed it anyway.
I have no Vista problems except for lost or changed permissions by the hacker.
One repair tech even uninstalled Win Patrol, the only piece of software I have that will try to find hidden boot files for you and discover if any of them are hacker created or have hacker code hidden in them. I did find one hacker created user in one and deleted that user.
Most so far, say its impossible for any hacker to hijack your Vista Admin account and change your permissions and also impossible for a hacker to create a hidden admin on your PC.
Thanks for any idea or help.
MidiVox

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-admin-hijacked-by-unknown-hacker-502278.html
Relevancy 75.68%

serial : CNU237BK29product : LW883AW#ABF

A:bios admin pw

Did Enter   e9l7fxps7o Use that code to go into the BIOS.Disable all passwords that are enabled.If asked for the CURRENT password use that code.If asked for NEW password just hit enter.If asked to VERIFY password just hit enter.Save and exit. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/bios-admin-pw/td-p/5685326
Relevancy 75.25%

ADMIN PASSWORD POWER ON PASSWORD required and is unknown to me.  model no;11-k059TU.p/nN4F24PA#ABG PLEASE HELP

Solved!
View Solution.

A:admin pasword power on, password unknown.3 tries says system...

Hi: Enter this unlock password... 40941038

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/admin-pasword-power-on-password-unknown-3-tries-says-system/td-p/5657428
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I am working on restoring a computer It is running Windows XP home SP with all updates installed now Previously it was still a malware Solved: unknown admin privileges lost some basic Windows XP Home SP install with no updates installed The computer had many virus and malware on it that I have removed Solved: unknown malware lost some admin privileges Most of the hard drive is compressed It had lost access to regedit but I restored that I removed most of the spyware and malware and infected files I ran very many antivirus programs and removers that are linked in this forum Disk cleanup was done It seems that the virus activites have stopped but I still can t control certain things Problems are that I can t view properties on my computer can t open any control panel modules desktop display settings won t open can t open user accounts and settings and I am logged in with administrator privileges The error I get is quot Restrictions - This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in efect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot I get the error twice for each request The administrator account is still active I plan on removing that There is was more but I can t think of anything right now HJT log attached nbsp

A:Solved: unknown malware lost some admin privileges

I'm still looking for help on this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-malware-lost-some-admin-privileges.634237/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
I have tried every password ever used.
I have tried going to cmd prompt
I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/31028-admin-password-unknown-missing-files-after-upload.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I got the windows/systems32/system/config is missing/corrupt error message. But when I tried to
repair with my startup disk I found I have an admin password set. I have no idea how or what it was set to. So I cant change the booting sequence and the machine never gets to look at my cd drive. I have no important data on the drive is there any way I can erase the drive manually?

Thanks for listening to me rant.

Bill

Relevancy 75.25%

In short For several years this computer was just completely vulnerable and got a lot of nasties The last days I've been obsessing bringing it back to its quot so fresh and so clean quot state Through following other topics on this forum and others I've accomplished a lot Downloaded a lot of trustworthy apps for assistance XP Edition User/Admin Home SP2 Unknown Overide Basically most of if not all the viruses are gone or at least blocked or at least I Unknown User/Admin Overide XP Home Edition SP2 believe Currently running quot avast quot and feel pretty safe As well set up this host file thingy that is supposed to at least block spyware and junk from actually connecting to the computer Although my computer is as fast if not faster since the first time it was turned on way back in there still remains Unknown User/Admin Overide XP Home Edition SP2 a concern AND this may or may not be because of a virus Back when I was a kid I know I messed around a lot with so called quot tweaks quot hmm maybe that quot TweakXP quot program Anyway my computer is messed up because of it now --------------------------- Main problems There's a highly suspicious svchost exe in my processes My computer name is registered quot W T quot There is an quot Account Unknown quot storred in the profiles -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'll provide the specs Basic stuff Quote Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Build DirectX Version c Display adapter Name NVIDIA GeForce MX Revision A Codename NV Technology um PCI device bus x device x function x Vendor ID x DE x DE Model ID x x A Performance Level Processor ID Number of cores max Number of threads max Name Intel Pentium Codename Northwood Specification Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Package platform ID Socket mPGA x CPUID F Extended CPUID F Brand ID Core Stepping B Technology um Core Speed MHz Multiplier x FSB x MHz Rated Bus speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instructions sets MMX SSE SSE L Data cache KBytes -way set associative -byte line size Trace cache Kuops -way set associative L cache KBytes -way set associative -byte line size FID VID Control no HiJackThis Quote Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcsacore exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system mspaint exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe C Documents and Settings AdMIN Desktop firefox exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run avast qu... Read more

A:Unknown User/Admin Overide XP Home Edition SP2

Your Ubuntu errors imply hardware problems. Now XP software is going to cause that. Ad-Aware is junk and I would get rid of it. Your thinking is somewhat flawed I think. MORE stuff does not mean faster, it means slower. It's like loading rocks in your trunk and expect the car to go faster.

You want useful and necessary rocks. Get rid of everything else. More stuff means not only more slowdown, but more things to break and cause problems.

Registry Mechanic is trashware is may be one cause of your problems. Get rid of that also.

For general system optimization you are going backwards. Start general and focus on specific if that is warranted, but do not go around looking for multiple specific problems on the chance they exist.

First and foremost, run chkdsk several times and get good, error-free scans. HD errors are the biggest cause of problems I see, and they are also the easiest to fix. I also like to run HDD Regnerator from the Hiren's Disk to make certain the drive is error-free and all the 1's and 0's are 1's and 0's and not a bunch of 1/2's, lol.

Second, make sure your power supply is adequate. I'd guess @ 50% of the PSUs out there are less than adequate. Bad power causes system file corruptions which can then cause any problem imaginable.

Start uninstalling all the junk. Get rid of EVERYTHING that doesn't have a purpose for being there. If it's there "In case you need it", then uninstall it in case you never need it. You an always install stuff. Getting rid of stuff is the hard part.

A good online AV scan from ESET or Trendmicro is good enough unless you have clear symptoms of malware, in which case you need to go to the Securities sub-forum for expert assistance in removal.

Hijack This used to be useful, but it is now considered obsolete. They have better tools now. However, AutoRuns is still useful, IMO and it might be constructive to run that and see what's going on there.

Finally a full-on System, Monthly defrag using MyDefrag really speeds up boot, shut-down and access times for the HD. It will shave 5 seconds from the boot time from a clean system that only has a badly fragmented drive. (Defragging will not fix errors on startup)

Check all your drivers in Device Manager. Click "show hidden devices" and report any flags.

Check Event Viewer for any errors in startup in System and in Applications. Startup errors indicate problems and also slow-down boot times. Event Viewer can also show non-startup errors that will also slow down normal operations.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-user-admin-overide-xp-home-edition-sp2-535659.html
Relevancy 74.82%

HI,I can't remember current BIOS Admin password.Used BIOS Configuration Utility to change it- didn't help.How can I reset it? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BIOS-Admin-password/td-p/5658562
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, Lost PW and my code is 63268801 after BIOS reset with Windowskey+B+Pwr . What code do you have for me please? ThanksGerard

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Lost BIOS Admin PW

@PapyGerard? Enter    72140227 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Lost-BIOS-Admin-PW/td-p/5616804
Relevancy 74.82%

i can't get into my BIOS mbecause i need a admin password and i don't have one i tried t3 times and i got the error code 80670314 please help i need to reset y pc cause the system got corrupted

Solved!
View Solution.

A:BIOS admin password help

When prompted for password try 35758930

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-admin-password-help/td-p/5606348
Relevancy 74.82%

Here there!Can you also help me generate the Admin PW for BIOS...after 3 attempts, the KEY says: 50250491

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,  I just bought this laptop but can not get to the BIOS to change the boot options due to an admin password. Can someone help please.The code I get after three invalid tries is System Disable  69403154  Thank you for your help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Admin-BIOS-Password/td-p/5659919
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, forgot the BIOS password of my CQ58. Halt number is 64134360. Does someone know how to get into the BIOS? THX in advanceSponsje

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 74.82%

i forgot my bios password please help ..i have hp 6560b .i can boot the system normaly but the problem is the bios admin password . ater 3 time fault there is a keybord opened and after that it system locked restar the system ;\

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-admin-password/td-p/5741563
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a HP laptop that a friend set a bios admin/power on password that he no longer can remember. After 3 failed attempts I receive a system disabled 93381416 code. Can you please advise me as to how I can remove this password as my laptop is now worthless.

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,  I have a second hand HP EliteBook 8470p . i have installed Windows 10 64 bits Enterprise. I need the Bios Admin password to enable virtual machine to be configured such a s vmwares workstation . Please help me

A:Bios Admin password

@KonanNestor? For that model you will need to contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.  http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-Admin-password/td-p/5828053
Relevancy 74.82%

I can't remember the bios administrator password I used on my laptop. After three wrong attempts this code was given: 84836352

Relevancy 74.82%

I have a new puter in has an admin password as it was a corp. castoff.
I have entered the password and get OK.

And then I am in bios, Hp nx6110, f10 to get to enter password.

I have the win 7 installation disc in the dvd drive, and now for the big question. Now that I'm in how to I tell this beast to install?

This was an ebay buy, I hope I have not been burned...
Thanks for your assist.

A:Bios admin password I have, OS not.

If you are able to get past the BIOS password you should be able to boot from the DVD and begin the install process. In the BIOS you may need to set the boot order to boot from CD/DVD first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bios-admin-password-i-have-os-not-654710.html
Relevancy 74.82%

my computer was erased and i cant install anything cause i cant Gget to the boot menu cause there is a admin passcodei got the system disabled code of 88094375

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 74.82%

hey I am having trouble loging into the bios the error code is 54635512. please help me!!!

Relevancy 74.82%

System Disabled 76998828

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 74.82%

I've recently puchased this machine 2nd-hand, however, the BIOS admin password didn't come with it. As a result, I'm unable to bring the BIOS up-to-date. Would you please advise how HP can assist me reset the BIOS admin password. Thank you. Kind regards. rayB

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-Admin-Password-not-known/td-p/5730488
Relevancy 74.82%

I have forgotten Admin password in bios ,pls tell me how can I reset my bios admin password.My laptop is dell n5110 15r.

A:Admin password in bios

You need to call Dell support.  Have your ownership details handy along with a credit card -- the call won't be free of charge.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986633
Relevancy 74.82%

I need the bios password (THAT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE SET!) system disabled after 3 attempts, 51499148. Absolute disgrace that HP have resorted to these tactics to get people to register their product and bump page hit statistics!

Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,i need some help here i got code system disable 37748747whats that mean ?Thx be4

A:Bios Admin Password

@Red_One? Please enter:    28620389 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-Admin-Password/td-p/5766932
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi! I forgot the administration password for bios on my Probook 6560b Can you help me?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Admin-password-for-bios/td-p/5757461
Relevancy 74.82%

My HP Envy dv7 gave me the message system disabled after 3 trys (Code: 71311379) can you help me?thx

Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, can you please help me, i don't know what Bios Password i have. When i try to enter a password than i get this Code: 84773176. (System Disabled) Thanks in advance   

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 74.82%

I need the bios password for lockout error 59495365.I enter the password incorrect three times and it disables the system .All help is greatly appreciated thanks!

A:Need bios admin password

@Cohencohengone? Enter    46593961 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Need-bios-admin-password/td-p/5612709
Relevancy 74.39%

Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Sarita on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore is disabled attempting to re-enable failed access is denied Backed up registry admin regedit, Cannot system or account on, restore, put unknown firewall hives Performed disk cleanup Percentage of Memory in Use more than Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended Cannot regedit, put firewall on, or system restore, unknown admin account -- HijackThis run as Sarita exe ---------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system Cannot regedit, put firewall on, or system restore, unknown admin account winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Documents and Settings Sarita Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE IKUOXH dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Sarita exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'Default user' O - Global Startup Adobe... Read more

A:Cannot regedit, put firewall on, or system restore, unknown admin account

I described my problems in detail in the windows xp forum "But I'm the Administrator" should I re-post it here so you know my exact problems I am experiencing? One thing I did not mention in that post, i am unsure if it is related, but I cannot see my wireless network in the system tray, and I did all the normal procedures to ensure it is there. It ought to be there, and I used to be able to go to 'start' and then 'connect to' and it would have 'wireless' and then it would bring up all the networks and strengths, but now the only thing that works is my dell wireless utility. If that helps at all...Thank you so much in advace, your time and help is much appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-regedit-put-firewall-on-or-system-restore-unknown-admin-account-178489.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Our organization recently moved to requiring the when card smart authenticate user to admin or name password bad Unknown use use Unknown user name or bad password when admin use smart card to authenticate of smart Unknown user name or bad password when admin use smart card to authenticate card authentication when logging into computers nbsp We have set this using group policy and is Unknown user name or bad password when admin use smart card to authenticate enforced on the computer not the user account Along with using PIV cards we have also configured the username hint field so that administrators can put their admin account name in the field in order to run administrative actions on a system The problem we have been seeing regarding our admin users who need to perform admin tasks on a user's system is they get an error message that states quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password quot This only occurs when at a user's machine who is currently logged into the computer when the admin puts in their smart card do a run as and select their smart card enter their pin and their admin username in the hint field The only work around to this is we have to reboot the computer to login as an admin to complete the admin tasks which is a pain Has anyone ran into a similar problem like this We have been spending countless hours days trying to figure out why this is occurring Microsoft has not been able to figure out the issue either Greatly appreciate for any suggestions for resolving this Thx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c89d64cc-97f4-483b-834d-76dafc09c979/unknown-user-name-or-bad-password-when-admin-use-smart-card-to-authenticate?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 73.96%

I've been ,trying to get in to bios to reload to  factory specs, as a result of an error message saying the enviroment cant be found contantly.My  when performing automatic repair adminastor account was not found so unable to use all restore options stuck on automatic system repair.The error code when attemping to get to bios is 53866293 please help me 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/forgot-bios-admin-password/td-p/5725128
Relevancy 73.96%

My boyfriend locked my computer so I couldn't access the bios menu because I wouldn't give him my Windows login password. Now he can't remember the password. The system disabledcode it gives is 70239445Model HP f272wm

Relevancy 73.96%

Hello All, I would like to know how can i remove my BIOS Administrator password, as far as i know i have never saved a password for BIOS ADMIN, but whenever i try to go to bios admin it asks for password that i do not know now. I need to make some changes, so how do i access bios setup now. when i enter 3 wrong passwords, it gives error system disabled and a number written below 66276313(somthing like that) Can anyone please guide me? have tried ho bios flash as well. Thanks in advance experts. Regards,Yousaf

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 73.96%

My error code is 65104384 pls help

A:Cannot reset Admin BIOS password

@k6rl? Enter   70862900 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Cannot-reset-Admin-BIOS-password/td-p/5685274
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello, I need to reset password BIOS of my notebook Hp Elitebook 8470p.I 've read all about post ,I tried the step by step: Press [F10] Bios Setup | [Enter] x 3 |  On-screen keyboard displays | [Enter] | "System Locked press the power to restart the system" displays.  Can you help me to reset password ? Thanks and regards,

A:Reset admin BIOS password

@nguyenzung? Contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.  http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Reset-admin-BIOS-password/td-p/5730715
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello, I'm needing a BIOS reset password.  The current halt code is 5C533F4A. I have tried https://bios-pw.org/ and the results do not work. Thank you.-Timothy

Solved!

View Solution.

A:BIOS Admin Password Reset

Hi, Your notebook is producing a hexadecimal halt code which is stored in ram as a 'one off' and will be re-calculated after a reboot.  This indicates you have one of the later AMI bios's and unfortunately none of the current code generators will work for this - surprisingly, you can still remove a power on password from the machine by removing the rtc cell ( leave the power board connected ) then hold down the power button for 60 seconds before re-inserting the rtc. The bad news is that the rtc is on the 'wrong' side of the system board so will require quite a lot of disassembly - see Page 115 of your Maintenance & Service Guide. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-Admin-Password-Reset/td-p/5574154
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello, I gave my notebook to a friend of mine a year ago and they set a bios password that they can't remember.I called HP Kenya and they told me to contact their agent whom advised me to buy a new motherboard.Is there something that can be done other than disposing what I have? I only need to enable the virtualisation in the bios and have to access it first.

A:Forgot BIOS Admin Password

Dear Customer, Welcome to HP Support Forum and we are glad to assist you. This is to inform you that all HP Business Notebooks such as Probooks  or Elitebooks have more stringent security than consumer models infact they don't produce 'halt codes', the password cannot be derived from the Serial Number and thecode is stored in non-volatile memory so removing the RTC cell will not reset the password in this case. Please have a look at this link. http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/49497-HP-Probook-Elitebook-BIOS-Password-Reset-Utility Replace the BIOS chiphttp://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Elitebook-8470p-8470w-8570p-8570w-8770w-Programmed-Bios-Chip-No-Password-... Please Contact HP Business Notebook support they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Forgot-BIOS-Admin-Password/td-p/5827655
Relevancy 73.96%

my dell  inspiron  N1440 bios admin password forget, please help me to reset my password

A:to reset bios admin password

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Are you talking about the BIOS password or the Operating system password.
If its BIOS password we would suggest you contact Delltechcenter on facebook or @Dellcarespro on twitter or you can call tech support .Also have the proof of purchase for the system .
If it is the Operating system password you can reinstall operating system .
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984529
Relevancy 73.96%

I forgot my password and now I have a system disabled message with a code 66620306. HELP!

A:Forgot admin/bios password

Hi: Enter this unlock code... 79788928

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Forgot-admin-bios-password/td-p/5615294
Relevancy 73.96%
Relevancy 73.96%

I have problem when using bios settings, error is system admin disabled..Error : 55117163This is my error codeI want admin passwordPlz help me asap

A:Bios error with admin disabled

Hello,Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting ! Please, restart your computer.  Use this 40875165  to access the BIOS and to change settings/password.  Let me know if this helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-error-with-admin-disabled/td-p/5687867
Relevancy 73.96%

I am in sales. I have a new Dell d610 Latitude Laptop. I need to reset some of the stuff in the BIOS for wireless, etc and the IT guys at my company seem to have mislogged or fogotten the admin pw for BIOS. Anyway they have given me five alrady and non of them work. They say I will have to ship the unit in to Chicago and they will fix it. That will take a WEEK that I do not have. How can I reset the password? The settings in the BIOS I need to change are locked and the message says the setup is locked-enter the admin pw into SECURITY UNLOCK SETUP to enable changes. Any advice is welcomed!

A:How to reset the BIOS admin password

This subject was briefly mentioned HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-reset-the-bios-admin-password.48537/
Relevancy 73.96%

AnniiHP Pavilion 17 Notebook PCSerial #: 5CD43539KLWindows 10 Home

A:Bios admin system disabled

@annjonny When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times. Post any code you receive. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-admin-system-disabled/td-p/5836261
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi there, I'm wanting to set-up the BIOS on a group of machines with the same admin password by setting the BIOS on one machine, and then replicating that one on the other, but I can't seem to do it with these new models (I have to set the password separatety on each machine - takes ages!). In short, can the Security Settings be saved as well, or do they have to be set individually? Any advice on how I can do this? Many thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Replicating-BIOS-with-Admin-password/td-p/5713670
Relevancy 73.96%

Code is 81847902.Thanks.

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 73.96%

I keep getting "system disabled" with the code 90344953   please help

A:how to bypass bios admin password

Hi, Enter  25022365 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-bypass-bios-admin-password/td-p/5777149
Relevancy 73.96%

In the process of installing windows 7 Professional I discovered that I could not get into the BIOS or setup because it was password protected. I?ve tried a number of things including installing HP ProtectTools Security stuff and it seems that all that has done is to create more login passwords. I can now get into setup but as a user but not as an administrator and so I cannot change password. There is also another screen that shows up where I must enter a password and I?m not sure if that?s happening because of the HP Protect Tools that I installed and then removed or because of something in the BIOS. I?ve uninstalled HP Protect Tools and reinstall windows 7 and I still see both password screens. I attempted to update the BIOS using a file downloaded from the HP support website but cannot because I don?t know the admin password for access the BIOS.

A:BIOS/CMOS admin password

@brublag? Contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.  http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request. Or download these files. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zu4kdgxm052l87d/AAAMi-kfX4AVH8oTCbsOM4X9a?dl=0 Insert clean USB flash drive. Then run USB Image tool. Choose the flash drive then click on RESTORE. After restore remove flash drive. Insert flash drive into locked laptop and boot. ?If HDD is installed remove before booting.? At C:\OUTPUT   type CD..  ?Then hit enter? Type HPBR   ?Then hit enter? First thing is to save your settings. Select #3 re-program. Press ?S? to save system information. Type HPBR and hit enter. Select   ?FIRST RUN? Then select model. After reboot repeat same as above but this time SELECT ?SECOND RUN? Some instructions here. ?If you cannot boot from USB there are instructions to make a bootable HDD.? http://mazzifsoftware.blogspot.com/2014/01/hp-bios??-unlock-for-dos.html More here. http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/49497-HP-??Probook-Elitebook-BIOS-Password-Reset-Utility REO I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BIOS-CMOS-admin-password/td-p/5780426
Relevancy 73.96%

I have an HP G71-340US and I can't remember the BIOS pwd. The disable code is: 62891546. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Reset BIOS Admin Password

Hi: Enter this unlock passcode... 73799588

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Reset-BIOS-Admin-Password/td-p/5708085
Relevancy 73.96%

I recently purchased a Pavilion Notebook 17-g192dx and set the BIOS Admin password incorrectly and cannot unlock it.  After the third attempt, I get this message: System Disabled[i 51052544] What should I do?  Any help would be greatly apprecipated!  I'm trying to get this laptop ready for my wife as a gift.

A:BIOS Admin Password Lost

Hi: Restart the PC and enter this unlock passcode... 44930580

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-Admin-Password-Lost/td-p/5842505
Relevancy 73.96%

Error message 532563391 on admin bios

A:Bios Admin Password Error

Hi, Check the halt code you've posted as it should contain 8 digits. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-Admin-Password-Error/td-p/5739821