Windows Support Forum

Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi]

Q: Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi]

We are getting dozens of these Alerts generated at our Exchange Server What is causing it and more importantly what procedural steps do we take to prevent the alerts from generating ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Details Windows Event Alert was recorded Time Date Time Windows Event Time Date Time Windows Event Log Security Windows Event Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Windows Event ID Windows Event Severity Failure Audit Windows Event Logon Process: ID w3wp; 4625; Events Failed Advapi] [Event Procss Type 8; Name: Logon Message An account failed Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi] to log on Subject Security ID S- - - Account Name EXCHANGE SERVER Account Domain DOMAIN Logon ID x e Logon Type Account For Which Logon Failed Security ID S- - - Account Name Username Account Domain DOMAIN Failure Information Failure Reason Unknown user name or bad password Status xc d Sub Status xc a Process Information Caller Process ID xd c Caller Process Name C Windows System inetsrv w wp exe Network Information Workstation Name EXCHANGE SERVER Source Network Address IP ADDRESS Source Port Port Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only - Key Length This event is generated when a logon request fails It is generated on the computer where access was attempted The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon This is most commonly a service such as the Server service or a local process such as Winlogon exe or Services exe The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested The most common types are interactive and network The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request - Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request - Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols - Key length indicates the length of the generated session key This will be if no session key was requested ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi]

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Failed Logon Events [Event ID 4625; Logon Type 8; Procss Name: w3wp; Process: Advapi]

Account For Which Logon Failed:
Security ID: S-1-0-0
Account Name: [[Username]]
Account Domain: [[DOMAIN]]

Failure Information:
Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.
Sub Status: 0xc000006a

Process Information:
Caller Process ID: 0xd5c
Caller Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Network Information:
Workstation Name: [[EXCHANGE_SERVER]]
Source Network Address: [[IP_ADDRESS]]
Source Port: PortClick to expand...

I would start there. Where is the source of the attempt? Inside or outside? If inside, it should be easy to determine who the source is (assuming that this is an internal server). If outside, you may have someone trying to hack an account.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/failed-logon-events-event-id-4625-logon-type-8-procss-name-w3wp-process-advapi.4045827/
Relevancy 91.76%

Hi tech support again Anyway every time I install windows I get this error just as its completing its installation and sending me to the desktop This error only appears after installing windows and only occurs once I never see the error again While this may not seem like much of a problem I am worried it might be a contributing factor to my other tech support problems I have tried installing from both a CD and USB event process failed Interactive - logon Windows 7 initialization See log - has drive Both had the error What is causing this and how do I stop it I am willing to reformat again I don't know how to make sense of the event log if that matters System Specs Below OS - Vista Windows -- gt Windows x -bit or Windows 7 - Interactive logon process initialization has failed - See event log x -- gt x What was original installed OS on system -- gt None custom built PC Is the OS an OEM version Windows 7 - Interactive logon process initialization has failed - See event log came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer -- gt Retail version self-installed Age of system hardware -- gt Almost week Age of OS installation - Windows 7 - Interactive logon process initialization has failed - See event log have you re-installed the OS -- gt Almost week CPU -- gt Intel Core i - K Processor M Cache up to GHz Ivy Bridge Video Card -- gt EVGA GeForce GTX HD Superclocked Video Card - MB MotherBoard -- gt MSI Z A-GD Power Supply -- gt OCZ ModXStream Pro Power Supply - -Watt Modular Dual V Rails SATA Plus Case -- gt COOLER MASTER HAF RC- -KKN Black SECC ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Memory -- gt Corsair Vengeance GB PC DDR RAM - MHz CMZ GX M A C

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-interactive-logon-process-initialization-has-failed-see-event-log-644924.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Recently, my laptop has been giving me errors saying that Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the
event log for more details. It takes me a few tries before it goes away.

A:Logon Process Failed

Is this about the same computer you already started several threads about ? Please see my remark here : http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...ol_caller.html

I'm giving you a warning for multiple posting, we can't help you efficiently if different advices are given in different parts of the forum. If those questions are about another computer tell us about it and I'll revert the warning.

Quote:

MULTIPLE POSTING

This refers to posting the same question or same replies in multiple areas of the site (also called flooding). Please only post only once. If you feel you have posted in the wrong forum, contact a Moderator or Manager, who will move the post for you. This also includes the creation of multiple new threads on the same or similar topics and sending PM's continuously to one or more Staff members.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/logon-process-failed-303040.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Windows 2003 server local policy keeps loosing the users that I set so that it can be browsed accross the workgroup. I can browse the server from the other pcs in the workgroup only for a few minutes until the policy looses the users all by itself. I cannot find anything that can explain what's going on. BTW - I can browse the other computers from the server with no problem. The local policy on the other computers don't change themselves. TY

A:logon failure: the user has -been granted the requested logon type at this computer

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

If you see this message the following should be done on the computer containing the shared files:

Download the following and install it

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=4544

after installation is complete, click on: Start, All Programs, Windows Resource Kit Tools, Command Shell

Then enter the following commands. (Attention: they are case sensitive.)

net user guest /active:yes
ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest
ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest

The first command enables network access for Guest, the two subsequent ones change two different policies to allow network access for Guest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-computer.693444/
Relevancy 105.35%

I've tried every fix that I can find on the internet to get around this issue. I've identified the problem to be the local policy on the 2003 server that allows incoming access erases the accounts I add after a few minutes, therefore I can no longer access the server from another computer in the workgroup. I can always access any computer from the server. I need help....please. TY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange1-logon-failure-the-user-has-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this.693734/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello all This is my first ever post usually with a bit of searching I can find the answers to most computer related issues I have but no matter how hard I look I cannot find the answer I need granted not has Logon requested the logon this compute user failure: type been the at to solve this rather annoying problem So here is the low down I have my desktop PC running Windows Ultimate I also have a cheap old Asus netbook running Windows XP home edition SP not much on it so it runs ok I am trying to share files between them so my Mrs can access the music on my PC So Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute far I have been able to access the shared files folder from my netbook on my PC I can also detect the PC under the Workgroup tab of 'My Network Places' on the netbook However whenever I double click on the 'Richyv-pc' icon in the Workgroup folder is comes up with an error message that states quot Richyv-pc is not accessible You might not have perrmission to use this network resource Contract the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot I have granted full share access to all the wanted files from my PC with access to 'Everyone' with read write control I have tried many different things from many different forums but none have fixed this problem Im sure Im missing something obvious but I just cant see it My PC is part of a homegroup because of my work laptop that I bring home from time to time but I dont think this is causing the problem Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Richy V

A:Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

Hi and welcome to TSF see the steps here and check that you have followed them Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute-645121.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I accidently screwed up the administrator account and once, i tried to install a software and it came "You need a administrator password to proceed"so i typed it then it came the error"this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer i tried a lot but its still not working and i cant install anythin..so please help me

A:Logon failure:this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-failure-this-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-compute.1084708/
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi, I have a few questions regarding the security event viewer log as i like to know if my pc security is being attacked. i have a standalone pc without connecting to any other network. i am still using dialup service but will go broadband very soon.

1. a few logs show anonymous logon type 3 - what does it mean? is someone trying to logon to my computer behind my back?

2. audit failure - what happens when it shows audit failure?

hope someone could shed me some light on the above. pls let me know if you need more info from me. many thanks in advance

A:windows xp security event viewer- anonymous logon type 3

Not sure about type3 logon, but the audit failure is supposed to be there. If you use the welcome screen where you click an icon to select your user, widows tries to logon to each account automatically. If any users are password protected, an audit failure will appear in the event viewer. Type 3 logon is a network sharing logon. Check to make sure you are not sharing a drive or a printer to the net. Open the control panel, choose network connections, choose your adapter, and click on settings. Uncheck file and printer sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-security-event-viewer-anonymous-logon-type-3.297388/
Relevancy 104.92%

I have two win xp sp2 pcs. Both of them are in the same workgroup. I can ping each one from the other. I can access the shared folders of one pc from the other. But the reverse is not true. I cannot access shared folders of the other machine.
I am attaching the error message here.

A:logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type

After going through a similar thread I installed windows resource toolkit and entered the command mentioned in that thread. But now I am getting Access Is Denied instead of logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-237417.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hie guys Iwas looking on some postas with regard to this topic and tried to implement the suggestions I followed the suggestion below To resolve this problem on the remote computer select Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt Properties gt Add Users or Groups add everyone or any users you want to be able to access the computer from the network This fixed the problem on the interim and at The Logon Failure: the user logon requested granted been not type has t I could access my file shares and printers However when I restart the machine or even log off nad log on again the prblem resurfaces and all the user accounts Iand groups i wolud have added to Administrative Tools gt Local Security Settings gt Local Policies gt User Rights Assignment right-click on Access this computer from the network gt will be removed and the field empty hence I suspect spam the disallow remote access Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t by editing these entries Any ideas on how Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at t this can be resolved would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-failure-the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-t-441971.html
Relevancy 104.49%

So a while back I was watching a video and a pop up appeared and I it asked me if I wanted to download something and I clicked no. But that same pop up continuously appeared and I accidentally clicked yes. The computer froze so I forced shut down and whrn I tried to turn it on again, the BSOD appeared. It turned off a second time and then when it restared, the safe mode window appeared and I ran that and it tried to fix the problem but now whenever I try to get on, there is a black screen with a window that says" interactive logon process has failed. Please consult the event log" I click ok and I just appears again. There is no getting past it and I am unable to do anything on my. Computer. Please help

A:Interactive logon process has failed...

Please download the free version of Malwarebytes.
Update it immediately.
Do a full system scan
Let us know the results at the end.

Malwarebytes : Download free malware, virus and spyware tools to get your computer back in shape!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231663-interactive-logon-process-has-failed.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I have a Gateway MX6920 that had Windows XP preinstalled on it, I formatted and installed Windows 7. it only has the basic Windows 7 programs on it +Firefox, Google Chrome, TeamViewer, & an Anti-virus, but I have an ongoing issue where the computer completely freezes. the mouse doesn't work, no programs open, and I cannot bring up the task manager. if I press ctrl+alt+del it will still be frozen for about 5 more minutes, then give me the following message the "logon process was unable to display security and logon options when ctrl+alt+delete was pressed" and then just keeps being frozen until I cold boot shut down.

I scanned for viruses, ran sfc /scannow, with several programs but they all report clean

I am at a loss and this is a daily issue

Googling this error message brings up limited but unresolved issues

A:the logon process was unable to display security and logon options whe

according to the following link:

Failure to display security and shut down options. The logon process - Microsoft Community

it looks like the windows winsock needs to be reset. Hopefully doing that will solve the issue: to do that; do the following:

open a elevated command prompt(click start, programs, accessories, then right click on command prompt and select run as administrator) type netsh winsock reset hopefully that will help. If not that then in the same command prompt; type the following: netsh winsock reset

try one of the above commands and see if that helps to resolve the issue.
netsh winsock reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323233-logon-process-unable-display-security-logon-options-whe.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I have this error box on my dell laptop and I can't get rid of it. I have tried to set to an earlier recovery point but it always comes back with the same error. All attemps to repair it has failed. Any ideas as to how to fix this short of reformat?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/interactive-logon-process-initialization-has-failed-440570.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Hello,I recently received a new ASUS Eee PC running Windows 7 Starter. It started fine the first 3 or 4 times I have tried to use it, but now, I am receiving this error message:Interactive logon process initialization has failed.
Please consult the event log for more details.I get the same message in safe mode, and the Repair Your Computer and Last Known Good Configuration options do not work. The computer has not created a system restore point, and I could not burn a system image due to lack of a burner (I have an external one on order).Is there anyone who would be able to help me solve this problem? Thanks!

A:Interactive logon process initialization has failed

If this is new, then you should probably contact ASUS support or your retailer. The more things that you do to try and repair this on your own, the more they will try and blame the problem on you resulting in possible repair charges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378555/interactive-logon-process-initialization-has-failed/
Relevancy 103.2%

I am completely rubbish with computers, dont know much at all.
I removed Avast anti virus from my HP desktop computer, when i restarted it the screen is black with a note saying "interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details".
The computer is a few years old now but it did work fine up until now.
To make matters worse, i dont have a recovery disk, plus there is some data on the computer which i need to keep if at all possable.
help me please

A:interactive logon process initialization has failed.

Go back a few days before the problem began with system restore. The software will be back, but then we can remove the correct way
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287757-interactive-logon-process-initialization-has-failed.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I have a PC process initialization failed has Interactive logon that dual boots both XP and Yesterday I restarted my computer to go from to XP to play a game all fine and dandy so Interactive logon process initialization has failed far Interactive logon process initialization has failed When I came back onto windows the Windows intro logo loads disappears as usual but instead of loading by desktop I get quot Interactive logon process initialization has failed Please consult the event log for more details quot So I decided to go check my event log I booted on XP went to G Windows System winevt Logs copied the file Application evtx to my USB key and opened it up on another Win system to check it out I thought I could find the error but I can't get any logs out of the event log The last entry being a month ago for some reason I want to avoid formatting my Win partition at all costs so this is my last resort countless hours of searching on google has given me nothing I find this frustrating as I am not a 'noob' with computers I usually fix other people's problems but this one just has me stunned Also Safe mode doesn't work System restore doesn't work System repair doesn't work Nothing works I've tried almost everything so far Please keep in mind that I do in fact have complete access to my G partition which is my Win partition Thank you very much internets to the person who can help me solve this

A:Interactive logon process initialization has failed

Welcome!

Have you tried a Startup Repair?

You can also try logging into the built-in Administrator account in Safe Mode. You may have a corrupted user profile.

If you can log into that account, you can create a new account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73001-interactive-logon-process-initialization-has-failed.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I have a dell laptop Studio 15. Windows 7 Home 64bit. Tonight I got some strange error saying it couldn't find some file. Then it restarted it self. Did a disk check. Found tons of errors, fixed them, and then when it restarted I got the error "Interactive Logon Process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details.

# 1 How do I consult the event log when I can't even get to a command prompt?

#2 Is there a fix somewhere for this? Dell didn't give me a windows 7 operating system disk. Called them and had them send it to me but it will be 1-2 business days. Hoping to get this fixed tonight though if possible.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Melissa

A:Interactive Logon Process Initialization Has Failed....HELP

I found a Windows 7 Recovery tool for those that don't have the windows 7 cd rom. It did a scan and this is what it found.

Diagnosis and repair details:

Registry is corrupt

Repair action: registry rollback

Result Failed: Error Code = 0x20
I tried to do a restore point to restore it to a previous state. That failed as well.

Right now am doing a chkdsk /r on the drive. Hope that works. Otherwise. I'll have to wait until Dell sends me the windows 7 operating system disk and then just hopefully reinstall windows over itself. That should fix the registry issue. It has in windows xp in the past. Will this work with windows 7?

Mel

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/128473-interactive-logon-process-initialization-has-failed-help.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Hello All I've seen this a number of times Wife brought computer out of sleep mode and got this happy error message Had been having problems bringing out of sleep mode in the past and initialization failed interactive logon process has had to power down on occassion interactive logon process initialization has failed Has anyone really found out what this means as I have an inflicted computer with this nonsense and can't boot up Vista Based on alot of wasted effort and reading I have tried Running Repair - No errors detected Running Restored Points - same error message Got Disk from Dell - Repair from Bootable Disk - no errors detected Looked at Event Log - didn't really know what I was looking at one user stated a corrupted manifest file which was nowhere in the log Chkdsk at the command line - no errors Can't run SFC since I now have a pending repair that requires a reboot to finish but never gets there Time to take a gun to my head Any words of wisdom regarding this issue or am I doomed Thank you Thor Lane

A:interactive logon process initialization has failed

Maybe think about reflashing your Bios, alot of sleep problems relate to your bios. Actually you didnt mention that you did this, go to your manufacturer's website and see all the drivers and software updates for your computer, install those.
NB\ Reflash your bios as a last resort, the drivers and software updates should come first for your dell.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246575-interactive-logon-process-initialization-has-failed.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Please consult the event log for more details.

I am not knowledgeable with computers, could someone walk me through how to fix this? It is an hp laptop.

I cannot boot past startup at all. This happens in all the variations of safe mode as well.

I can press f8 on startup and go to repair your computer.

Startup repair doesn't detect anything.

System restore doesn't help too.

System image recovery does nothing too.

Anyone here know how to fix it and walk me through it?

Relevancy 103.2%

Dear Forum failed the... has process logon [SOLVED] to create I did search this forum for this problem and I hope I didn't miss it but to my surprise I found no mention of it Otherwise many other forums have several and lengthy threads [SOLVED] logon process has failed to create the... concerning this problem from way back in to the present And none of the threads that I looked at concluded with the fix Hopefully for some reason I just never saw the right post and someone's going to tell me that I'm wasting the forum's time because this was solved a long time ago But here it goes Every once in a while after I tap the space bar to wake the computer up and after the Vipre antivirus immediately announces that it's downloading new definitions Vista locks up shortly after Vipre is done its download And when I say Locked up you do have some slight functionality but you can't do a shutdown or restart You have to eventually do a hard shutdown If you hit ctrl alt del for the task manager the screen eventually goes black Then after a while a message box appears with the title bar text quot logon process has failed to create the security options dialog quot and the message text starting with a quot X quot in a red circle icon quot Failure - Security Options quot After you click on the message box's OK button you now go to a very strange foggy looking desk top And as many times as you hit ctrl alt del you can return to the black screen with the message box then click OK and return back to the foggy desktop I read many posts on this in several other forums and the only apparent commonality is Vista bit bit Symantec Norton Vipre Western Digital Seagate HP Dell DIY rigs except for running Vista it seemed like eveyone complaining of this problem had a different kind of system And the only post I read that sounded like the person might have knowledge of this said it has to do with Windows Firewall and or Windows Defender I do use the Windows Firewall but not the Windows Defender that's turned off as recommended by Vipre I believe I hope someone can help me with this and like I said I hope this problem was solved a long time ago and I'm just wasting everyone's time Sincerely Rand

A:[SOLVED] logon process has failed to create the...

Hi Rand -

What happens if you remove Vipre a/v (as in get rid of it completely - un-install)? Do you have link for this product - I've never heard of it, not that fact really means anything of course.

Does it have a firewall?

What happens when you boot into SAFEMODE ? Try it - tap F8 repeatedly during boot-up.

I assure you - never a waste of time to try and help. After all, by my calculations you have about 5.5 years until you build your next system, right?? (I read your post from last fall !!).

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-logon-process-has-failed-to-create-the-362838.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I've just finished doing a boot time Avast scan on my nephew's laptop - but now after it finishes that and continues to load Windows, I get this message:

Sounds rather serious to me - can anyone help? I hope this doesn't involve having to send the machine away. I recently had to do a factory default reinstall as the system had stopped responding - no matter what I did (it started doing that after installing the Norton crap that came with it, so Norton's going nowhere near any system of mine in the future.

I'm going to try Windows' repair options, but I'm not too hopeful.

Edit:OK - after a couple of restarts (before trying Windows' repair options), Windows has loaded successfully. What could've caused this and what can I do to avoid it happening again?

A:Interactive logon process initialisation has failed

No one at all? Has this been posted in the right place, if not could a mod please move it? Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/149013-interactive-logon-process-initialisation-has-failed.html
Relevancy 103.2%

This seems to be happening a lot in my Event Viewer. What could cause this on a stand alone windows 7 workstation.

every 61 or 62 seconds

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551834/event-4625-failed-log-on-attempt/
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi, I have this on login attempt

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
It then logs off and directs me back to same screen.

As I stupidly only have one account I have no access to play with any windows options!!!

Please he lp
Just turned on other PC on home network and was able to access the shared folders on problem pc.

Is there any way to correct without a clean install?

Thank You

SOLVED....... Big apologies to all staff at TSG.. I didn't search enough posts.

But I found this and followed exactly. Don't know if it was for Vista, but workedlike a charm on Win 7 x64 Ultimate.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/787436-solved-user-profile-service-has.html
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-but-only-one-logon-account.927771/
Relevancy 102.34%

Please help! I am trying to logon to my computer and am getting The User Profile Service failed the logon message for both my Lucy and Lucy Administrator profiles. I have looked on here to find a solution and have tried to do a system restore but it tells me that there are no settings to restore to ?? Most other messages just dont make sense as Im not great at dealing with computers when they go wrong! I would be really grateful if anyone knows how I can sort this out. The only thing I can do is log into Safe Mode and I have no idea where to go from here!
Thanks

A:Vista logon issue - The User Profile Service failed the logon ???

Hi Lucy

The following tutorial will give you instructions on how to fix this - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277998-vista-logon-issue-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hi,

I have a laptop which has stopped running since yesterday evening and gives me this error on a dialog box due to which I am not able to logon to the system. When I restart my machine, it gives me 4 options i.e.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networks
Safe Mode using command prompt
Logon normally

I tried all 4 of them if atleast any of these allows me to login, but none worked. I referred to the solutions and fixes available on the internet, but all of them says that I need to press F8, enter into a safe mode and operate the issue from there. But even pressing F8 doesn't make any change.

Did anybody faced same issue? How do I resolve this?

Thanks.

A:Interactive logon process initialization has failed on Windows 7

Start with these free, bootable diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235650-interactive-logon-process-initialization-has-failed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I cannot determine what led to this problem but my laptop is no longer able to log into windows properly win bit When it logs initialization has process cannot logon failed interactive - into log windows on the desktop is black blank and immediately a message appears interactive logon process initialization has failed please consult the event log for more details I cannot carry out any task The things I've tried so far and haven't worked safe mode - same message startup repair - the first time I ran it these two things appeared thereafter nothing system restore result failed error code x f system files integrity check and repair result failed error code x system restore - I get this error regardless of restore point x ffff I also took out the hdd and ran antivirus programs malwarebytes and antivir from my PC but nothing noteworthy Also copied all the event logs from the hdd and have them handy but I dont know what to look at and how to analyze Lastly I have managed to boot UBCD win Xp OS on CD which is the only thing that cannot log into windows - interactive logon process initialization has failed will allow me to investigate things internally as opposed to via the other pc So what further steps could I take other than format of course

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-log-into-windows-interactive-logon-process-initialization-has-failed-522067.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Failure-Security Options
I have been having this problem for a while Computer Freezes and I cant do anything

I don't know how it fix this

I also Cannot turn on Windows Defender windows freezes and a error 0x800106ba A problem caused this program's service to stop Restart and search help and support did this no solutions
can't figure out what happen there

Would Like some proffesional advice
Thanks all help is greatly appreciated
Linda

A:Logon process has failed to created the Security options Dialog

Start with a few of the free scans from here: Free Online AntiMalware Resources
If it shows that you're infected, please post over in the Security Forums.
If not infected, post back for some more diagnostics to be run.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296897-logon-process-has-failed-created-security-options-dialog.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi, just got a new laptop with Windows Vista Basic pre-installed. Trying to get it going, having installed various things from the Google package (toolbar, Skype, Acrobat reader, Spyware Doctor). Also AVG antivirus (free download). And Microsoft Office (but the problem was before that anyway). Its spec is Acer Aspire 3694WLMi - Cel 440 512MB 80GB hard drive with wireless network card. However it takes ages to boot, during which we get the message "Logon process failed to create the security option dialog", and then nothing will run. What's going on - something to do with the Vista settings? Or something we installed? And what can we do about it? Thanks in advance for any tips. Jo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-process-failed-to-create-the-security-option-dialog.612155/
Relevancy 101.05%

i have hp laptop.but due to unknown reason such error occurs.my laptop get hang ,and due to this i have to power off.but after startup my laptop takes too much time and may again get hang error appear of logon proces......................so i done recovery of c drive but no sollution.i uninstalled the CA antivirus but again same errorrrrrrrr

A:logon process has failed to create a security option dialog box

pl reply i need solution urgently

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-process-has-failed-to-create-a-security-option-dialog-box.872050/
Relevancy 101.05%

My computer is a Dell Hybrid desktop running Vista Home premium Computer becomes unresponsive at startup in normal mode Unable to run programs access internet even opening files causes windows explorer to not respond computer is unusable outside of safe-mode I m able to boot into the safe mode with networking without issue Following error pops up after a few minutes quot Log on process has failed to create the security options dialog X - Failure - Security Options quot I ve tried - updated avast antivirus full boot time scan and malwarebytes - Logon failed options security dialog process has the to create found nothing - spy-ware scan with spybot search and destroy - found nothing - system Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog restore using a date three days ago - no difference - scanned hard Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog drive for disk errors and fixed them - no difference - turned off Super fetch - no difference - sfc scannow in command prompt and also did startup repair through the dell diagnostics at bootup- no difference also tried advanced systemcare and ran deep scan for registry errors fixed - no difference I tried to get a log with hijackthis but it won t install in safe mode and normal mode won t allow me to install it or do anything else I m looking for help in resolving the problem A UPDATE spoolsv exe is causing the problem and I have not figured out how to fix it When i end the spoolsv exe process everything starts up fine but the printer doesn t work I tried uninstalling all of my printers rebooted then installed only the newest drivers and software for my current dell v printer rebooted spoolsv exe still causes problems during startup I did manage to install hijackthis here s the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files DELL DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files Dell V dldwMsdMon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Dell V dldwmon exe C Users Adele AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Adele AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Adele AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Adele AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Adele AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Adele AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Adele AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Adele AppData Local Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exe C Users Adele AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Adele AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSN R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-process-has-failed-to-create-the-security-options-dialog.996753/
Relevancy 101.05%

logon process has failed to create the security options dialog
I was running a malwarebytes scan in the backround and all of the sudden ie locked up. I tried to open task manager and got a black screen. Then I got an error that said- logon process has failed to create the security options dialog. Then I got out of the black and there malware bytes was running fine again. what does all this mean- does t mean malware bytes was scanning the file for so long and was trying to verify it but malwarebytes couldent get the security dialog fo rit so it moved on? Please help

or maybe worse maybe something was trying to do some unauthorized thing to my ???????

A:logon process has failed to create the security options dialog

can someone PLEASE help me

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/236360-logon-process-has-failed-create-security-options-dialog.html
Relevancy 101.05%

My daughters computer is a Dell security process Logon the has options dialog create failed to desktop running Vista Home The processor is Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog a GB the computer has gb ram amp gb hard drive She received the following error when she turned it on yesterday quot Log on process has failed to create the security options dialog X - Failure - Security Options quot The above error basically kills the computer Unable to run programs access the internet etc I m able to boot into the safe mode with networking without issue I m unable to run a virus scan as the Charter Comm Security suite will not work in safe mode I ve tried the following - Ran a Anti-malware scan using Malwarebytes - I ran a spy-ware scan using - SUPERAntiSpyware - I did a system restore using a date three days ago - rebooted - no difference - I ran error checking on the hard drive with automatically fix file system errors - rebooted - no difference - turned off the service Super fetch - an recommendation from a Microsoft website - rebooted - no difference - I have run the Dell utilities to check the RAM amp Hard drive - no errors found I m looking for help in resolving the problem Bob nbsp

Relevancy 101.05%

My computer Toshiba A series with Vista Home Premium has been moving reallly s l o w for the past few days It will not respond and will periodically freeze sometimes to the point where only a hard close will get it to respond If I leave it alone eventually I will get a dialog box with the above message Ctrl Alt Delete yields another message quot Failure - Security Options quot Since google is my friend I have tried all the possible suggestions relating to this error message with no success I have deleted and reinstalled my Norton Premier Edition completely removed MS Essential ran CHDSK and started a clean boot with selective start up items The problem still exist At this point I don t know if I have a virus although Norton is not picking up anything or if this is some sort of hard drive issue If anyone is familiar with this error message and can offer any solutions I will be very appreciative

A:Logon process has failed to create security options dialog

Welcome aboard Read through this thread: http://www.vistaforums.com/error-message-login-process-has-failed-create-security-options-dialog-t3287.htmlI posted just a link because it looks like different solutions worked for different people.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419006/logon-process-has-failed-to-create-security-options-dialog/
Relevancy 101.05%

I was running a malwarebytes scan in the backround and all of the sudden ie locked up. I tried to open task manager and got a black screen. Then I got an error message that said- logon process has failed to create the security options dialog. Then I got out of the black and there malware bytes was running fine again. what does all this mean- does t mean malware bytes was scanning the file for so long and was trying to verify it but malwarebytes couldent get the security dialog fo rit so it moved on? Please help

or maybe worse maybe something was trying to do some unauthorized thing to my computer???????

Relevancy 98.04%

Hey guys,

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit and I get this error after it has been sitting idle. It does not go to standby but screen shuts off. Only way to return computer to original state is to hard boot it and restart it.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Its a HP DV6767ca Laptop

A:Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

Looks like there are several things that can cause it

http://www.google.com/search?q=Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog&num=20

Looks like many of them ran a System File Check
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43051.html
To see what SFC did after it is finished:

The SFC log is contained inside the cbs.log file located at:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
Since the cbs.log may be huge (it's used by other programs besides the SFC),
you might want to do this:

To create relevant SFC-only information gleaned from the cbs.log, and put it
in a small file called sfcdetails.txt, right-click Command Prompt (using the
shortcut in Start Menu\Programs\Accessories) and choose Run as
Administrator. By default, the prompt starts in C:\Users\(Your Name).
Type:

cd desktop

Press Enter on your keyboard. Then Copy and Paste this at the prompt:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

Press Enter. Sfcdetails.txt should then appear on your Desktop. Now you can view what SFC actually did.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-process-has-failed-to-create-the-security-options-dialog-error-message.864827/
Relevancy 95.46%

I am using Microsoft Word 2003 and want to address an evelope but every time I click on the address book icon I get, "Logon failed: You must logon to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. Error code: "unspecified error"
My question is how do I access this and add my contacts from Outlook Express OR create an address book in Word? I've tried the Mail Merge but that didn't do anything except create a bunch of envelopes with only first names.
Please help as i don't relish the thought of entering an address every time I print an evelope.
Thanks and God bless,
Peter

Relevancy 92.88%

I have been getting the following errors when I try to log into my account.

The system event notification service service failed the logon an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

I created a built-in-administrator and I am able to get into safe mode though not able to run many programs on it such as control panel and start up repair. I looked at my registry and both of my accounts look fine neither of them had a .bak on the end and so I'm not sure how to fix this if my only option is to delete my user account. I've already done a system restore to a couple days before this happened but, I'm still locked out of everything.

Is there anything else I can do that might help?

A:The system event notification service service failed logon ... token does not exist

Google led me to this post as I was researching the problem myself. I encountered the same issue. In this case on a vista32 ultimate box (although I do own an x64 box in case somebody thinks I'm blasphemous posting here ).

I haven't completely fixed the issue yet but I've gotten a bit further so in hopes of helping the next person here are the steps I've taken.

I was able to log in successfully in safe mode (hit F8 while starting up, select safe mode). Once there I went to command prompt (click the start button, type "cmd" [without the quotes] in the search bar and hit enter. From command prompt type services.msc to launch the services control panel. Find the System Event Notification Service, right click, select properties, change it from automatic startup to disabled, apply the change and "OK" out of the dialog box. You can now restart the computer and log in normally.

This isn't really a fix, it's a temporary work-around. SENS is needed for COM+ to respond to things like login and startup events. I've also noticed that my system is very slow right now. My next step is to find a way to generate a new token for SENS and then hopefully I'll be back at 100%. I currently have Dell researching that for me (this happens to be a Dell laptop). If I get a solution short of a reinstall to that one I'll post it too.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194306-system-event-notification-service-service-failed-logon-token-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 92.02%

So I turned on my computer this morning and, having had no proir issues that I was aware of, my screen was black and I got a message saying, "Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details."

I didn't know what that meant, so I just restarted my computer and, shockingly, everything came back as normal, but what is the likelyhood that there is still that error with my laptop? And is there anything I can do to fix it so this won't happen again?

Other details:
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, and Windows Vista Home Basic. Also, I'm in the process of purchasing a new battery [I've been getting alerts upon login about my battery life for a couple of months now, and now the battery won't last more than 45 minutes w/o being plugged in..] if that may have anything to do with it.

Thanks guys!
- MMC

A:How can I prevent "logon process initialization has failed" error?

Go to search by the start button
Type event viewer
On the left of the viewer there is a panel, go to administrative
In adminstrative look for errors that ocurred about the time of the problem.
The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288701-how-can-i-prevent-logon-process-initialization-has-failed-error.html
Relevancy 92.02%

This error message pops up every time I start up my laptop..
I contacted several people and they asked the same probing questions..
Did you use Safe Mode? yes..
Safe Mode with Networking? yes..
Safe Mode with Command Prompt? yes..
and what happens?...

Did you boot to Hard Drive? yes..
Did you boot to USB External Hard Drive? yes..
and what happens?...

Did you go try using System Restore? yes
did you try Last Known Configuration? yes
Did you try Repair Your Computer? yes
and what happens?...

So, I'm wondering is there any solution to this issue????
PM me on AIM= Blakkstunna1 if you have any kind of solution

A:Error msg "Interactive logon process initialization has failed."

Hi,

Was anything recently changed/installed/uninstalled/etc prior to this error message?

Do you know if you caught a virus?

When exactly does this message pop up?
...I know you said, when you start up your laptop, but...
--Do you log in first?
--Is it before or after the Windows Welcome Screen?
--Is it the first thing you see after turning on your laptop?

JeKyL

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-msg-interactive-logon-process-initialization-has-failed-390831.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello,
I have been tasked with tracking down the login and logoff events from a user post fact.
I believe this information would be located in the event log on the users computer. I also believe it should be logged in the AD server as well.

Q1. Are these two premises correct? 
Q2. If so, where would the actual files be located so I could parse out the login/logout data for the specific user (from the AD server especially).
Q2b. For the local system, where is the event file located? or what is the actual file name so I could search the system for it?
Any assistance in this task would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e1aa5631-55c1-4fc5-9e88-8a7dbf8ebfcc/locating-and-tracking-user-logon-logoff-events-in-ad?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello all. I've tried several things to no avail. I need some extra help.A friends PC is getting this error: STOP: c000021a [fatal system error]Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000080' (0x00000000 0x00000000).The System has been shut down.What occurred before this error popped up:1. Upgraded dvd43 software, booted, and this error came up.I have tried multiple things.1. Ran the bootfix2. Tried the Recovery Console with their diagnostics3. Tried to get to Safe Mode and it will not load, goes back to this message.4. Tried to overlay the XP image (refresh it), no avail, back to the same message.I haven't found anything on the web that can help me so far. Looking to take the next step and ask for help.

A:Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000080

0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATEDThis occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can?t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.I've never gotten this particular error...but if I did, i would treat it as a malware situation until proven otherwise.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262599/windows-logon-process-system-process-terminated-unexpectedly-with-a-status-of-0x00000080/
Relevancy 85.14%

If a make a password mistake when logging in, event viewer should log event with ID 4625*. But it doesn't. How do I get it too? If you want to know about my computer model Etc. Click on the computer icon next to my name.

(*Event 4625 means Bad password)

Thanks

A:Solved: Event ID 4625 not being logged in event viewer

I assume you are using Vista or Win 7

The following eventIDs are all related to Login Failures:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-event-id-4625-not-being-logged-in-event-viewer.995501/
Relevancy 85.14%

From what I understand about the event log in Windows 7, when someone tries and is unsuccessful when logging into the computer the event log should record an event id 4625. However this is not happening at either of my Windows 7 Ultimate machines. I found an identical thread about this problem where the user found a solution but did not specify what is was.

http://forums.techguy.org/general-security/995501-solved-event-id-4625-not.html

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Solved: Event ID 4625 not being logged in event viewer

Are you creating a Custom View ? Be sure that you have selected 'By Log - Event Logs: Windows Log, Security. Then except for the Event ID field, everything should not be checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-event-id-4625-not-being-logged-in-event-viewer.1034583/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have three users on a Windows 7 computer. none will log on, they all give "Windows failed the logon. the remote procedure call failed and did not execute" it doesn't matter how many time i reboot the computer, all three accounts same error. Googling the problem produces spammy results. exact quote produces "no results for" "searching without quotes" message

A:Windows failed the logon. the remote procedure call failed and did not execute

Have you tried booting in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543029/windows-failed-the-logon-the-remote-procedure-call-failed-and-did-not-execute/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have three users on a Windows 7 computer. none will log on, they all give "Windows failed the logon. the remote procedure call failed and did not execute" it doesn't matter how many time i reboot the computer, all three accounts same error. Googling the problem produces spammy results. exact quote produces "no results for" "searching without quotes" message

A:Windows failed the logon. the remote procedure call failed and did not

Is this the same computer you had problems with last week?
Have you tried running sfc /scannow? You have to do that from an elevated command prompt. Sometimes you have to do it in safe mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340008-windows-failed-logon-remote-procedure-call-failed-did-not.html
Relevancy 82.56%

"Logon Failure: Reason: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this machine User Name: XXXXX Domain: INDGE Logon Type: 2 Logon Process: Advapi Authentication Package: Negotiate Workstation Name: Server name Caller User Name: SYSTEM Caller Domain: NT AUTHORITY Caller Logon ID: (0x0,0x2B263B27) Caller Process ID: 7372 Transited Services: - Source Network Address: - Source Port: - "

A:Please help me in resolving the logon type 2

The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this machineClick to expand...

Logging on locally or remotely?

It appears that your user does not have the ability to log into the machine. Sounds like the machine is on a Domain, as this is the usual configuration for these types of permission issues. If you are a remote user, you probably aren't allowed to log on to the physical machine. If you are a local user, you probably don't have the ability to log on remotely.

Check your user permissions. If you are on a Domain, talk to your administrator to see if you have the proper permissions for the type of logon you are attempting.

If this is a home user machine, there is a much deeper issue.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/please-help-me-in-resolving-the-logon-type-2.4044577/
Relevancy 82.56%

Everytime I start my computer I am getting a "c000021a The Windows Logon Process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000018 The system has been shutdown" I had been having spyware problems and just installed Norton Internet Protection 2008, which cleaned up the problems, but then this started. Any help for a computer novice here would be great. I run Windows XP on a Dell.

Relevancy 81.7%

I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 running windows 7. After a reboot the cursor is blinking in the password field but I am unable to type anything. The cursor blinks but won't move and the arrow is frozen on the screen. I've tried the disable keypad function, I've rebooted in safe mode, unplugged, removed the battery with no luck. In the "Windows Error Recovery" screen I can use the arrow keys and enter but that's it. Strangely, the brightness keys still work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A:Cannot type password on my logon screen

Try checking your BIOS/EFI settings.
Can you login if you attach an external keyboard/mouse?
Try disconnecting any external devices when you are booting. My laptop won't start (crashes) if I have an external monitor connected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357055-cannot-type-password-my-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

OS Windows XP Home edition - Hardware Acer Aspire WLmi laptop ATI Mobility Radeon X Hello I have had this error for a very long time and 4614 up to showing logon ID twice, event Need through goolge i found only a few cases of other people with a similar issue It s not something vital but Need to logon twice, event ID 4614 showing up it s disturbing Need to logon twice, event ID 4614 showing up When I turn on my computer after booting I get the login screen then I type my password it says quot loading user settings quot and it seems to be logging in Need to logon twice, event ID 4614 showing up but then it suddenly goes back to the login screen again When I login for a second time it works This does not happen every time it seems to be random sometimes I get a spree of logins without problem but sometimes it happens every time for a few days The first thing I thought of was a trojan but I did every possible test and nothing showed up i m sure this is not a trojan Googling I found very few people with a similar problem in particular I found one that was trying hard to get rid of it Apparently this guy did a clean install of windows several times to get rid of it but it still wasn t gone I suspect this may have something to do with the ATI catalyst drivers since that s the only thing we have in common Here s the thread somewhat long http www ngohq com ati-discussion -catalyst-prob-have-logon-xp-twice html What s surprising is that even if it is some issue with the drivers it s ridiculous that only a very few people have this problem and i ve been through several driver upgrades the problem persisted By the way even if you create a new profile or if you set windows to login automatically it gives problems One problem that is probably associated to this is that if i set my account to no password when i log in sometimes it does ask for a password and of course nothing works I found that every time this issue shows up double login I get two consecutive logs in the quot application quot tab of the event viewer with the following Event Type Error Event Source EventSystem Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ACER-C A FA B Description The COM Event System detected an inconsistency in its internal state The assertion quot GetLastError L quot failed at line of d qxp slp com com x src events shared sectools cpp Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Click to expand The error message is pretty weird since i don t have anything at all in the d drive note the reference to a c source in the d blahblah path I m pretty clueless right now especially after all the different stuff that we tried in that other forum ngohq I appreciate in advance any ideas Regards Koro nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,

I was looking at the event log and noticed that there was an anonymous logon recently and it said success audit and the description is:

Special privileges assigned to new logon:
User Name: NETWORK SERVICE
Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E4)
Privileges: SeAuditPrivege
SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege

Should I be concerned?

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Event log: Anonymous Logon

Also this from the same source:

Source: Security
Category: Logon\Logoff
Event ID: 540

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-event-log-anonymous-logon-640242.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,

I was in the Microsoft Event Viewer and was in the security tab and saw that there was an Anonymous logon to the computer. There are atleast 4 of these logoffs.

Here is the viewer:

Quote:

An account was logged off.
Subject:
Security ID: ANONYMOUS LOGON
Account Name: ANONYMOUS LOGON
Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Logon ID: 0x402b8ab
Logon Type: 3
This event is generated when a logon session is destroyed. It may be positively correlated with a logon event using the Logon ID value. Logon IDs are only unique between reboots on the same computer.

What is this? Also I am the only user for the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/event-viewer-anonymous-logon-611767.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm running Windows XP sp latest updates It takes about - minutes to log on I've checked for virus and spyware and my system looks clean The Slow logon errors event in log - long logon time isn't new I've been having this issue for several months and I've just got around to investigating it I checked the event log and I noticed the following errors Event Type Error Event Source NetBT Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer D Z N Description Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created For more information see Slow logon - errors in event log Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data X d c c Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer D Z N Description The Trend Micro Proxy Service service depends on the Trend Micro TDI Driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning Event Type Error Event Source Service Control Manager Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer D Z N Description The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load tmtdi These occur every time I log in I noticed that it is about - minutes between these errors and I think it might have something to do with my slow logon I've googled the NetBT error and I can't seem to find a good clue as to what is going on I was wondering if anyone here has a suggestion Thanks in advance Marta

A:Slow logon - errors in event log

Do any of these seem to apply

netbt:
unused network adapter
remote access service (go to my pc, pc anywhere)

the tmtdi is also trend micro. the netbt has some association with the trend micro, not much though. perhaps a re-install of trendmicro would be a fix or check the settings closely for a component that is disabled but it's service is still set to start, perhaps an incorrect path to an executable in msconfig or services.msc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-logon-errors-in-event-log-113997.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I am the only user of my  laptop, but the Event Viewer shows a series of Special Logons(event ID 4672) and Logons (Event ID 4624 or 4648) happening in the past few days when I was out of town and my laptop was locked in my room with the lid closed.

I don't want to be suspicious of any one yet so I would like to know if it's possible for the Event Viewer to record logon and special logon events without any human user actually logging on? Thanks a lot.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a207e1a1-7f89-48d7-b1ed-41818a2f6be1/logon-history-in-event-viewer?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey guys,

I was on YouTube earlier today when I noticed that the videos were already completed buferring, but the videos were lagging; and Firefox was performing kind of slow. I decided to re-start my computer. After re-starting the computer the logon process took extremely long, then an error message appeared:

Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog.

Failure - Security Options

I waited for the desktop to appear, then re-started again. But the perofrmance of the logon is still extremely slow. Any suggestions?

A:Logon Process Failure

hey

Try rebootaing into safe mode, and then reboot normally.

do you have another user on the machine that you can log on as?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/248629-logon-process-failure.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Dear Sir,

I would like to view the logon process when I switch on XP system,
i.e is when applying settings, applying personal settings etc. , to see what files are being processed.

Thanks
anand

A:view logon process in XP

I am sure, (not completely positive) but I believe to access this sort of logon screen on an XP system, you must be a member of a domain, not a workgroup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/view-logon-process-in-xp-573146.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel System The Logon With Ad-aware System (fatal Crashes Window Process Te... Screen Message: Process A Into Blue Stop:c000021a Error) Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Ad-aware Crashes Into A Blue Screen With Message: Stop:c000021a (fatal System Error) The Window Logon Process System Process Te... ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system Ad-aware Crashes Into A Blue Screen With Message: Stop:c000021a (fatal System Error) The Window Logon Process System Process Te... igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC WINDOWS system aa c ff exeC PROGRA PRINTV pvmodule exeC Program Files Common Files F E- C- - - Update exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exec dell E-center gtb exeC Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink netR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie ton search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http start earthlink net AL SearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www earthlink net partner more msie ton search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google caR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google caR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start earthlink net AL SearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel usR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http us mcafee com root campaign asp cid R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess ElnIE dllR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - -C B - F -AB -F BF D FD DD - C WINDOWS system pmnlj dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO IeCatch Class - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dllO - BHO EarthLink Popup Blocker - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO PrintViewBHO Class - D E C - CE- - A - FD C - C PROGRA PRINTV PRINTH DLLO - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgieba... Read more

A:Ad-aware Crashes Into A Blue Screen With Message: Stop:c000021a (fatal System Error) The Window Logon Process System Process Te...

Hi george_527,

We're studying your log right now and will be back to you a.s.a.p.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66296/ad-aware-crashes-into-a-blue-screen-with-message-stopc000021a-fatal-system-error-the-window-logon-process-system-process-terminated-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 81.27%

I took a look in task manager earlier and saw a process running IIS worker process w wp exe I searched on google for this process and got results of two kinds the usual useless sites all trying to sell optimizers and other such tools which have standard text for any exe file you care to name and always say the same thing about it and forum posts by people running websites I don't does have seen worker I never IIS before why it process (w3wp.exe) do, What run a website or anything like that but have What does IIS worker process (w3wp.exe) do, why have I never seen it before seen this in task manager I don't look at task manager constantly but take a glance several times most days I have NEVER seen this process before in all the thousands of times over the years I have looked Finding the file in question within C Windows system inetsrv w wp exe indicates that it is an old file it has creaton and modification dates from ages ago and although it isn't digitally signed it appears to be a file from microsoft The concering thing about this situation is that What does IIS worker process (w3wp.exe) do, why have I never seen it before it happened just after I had followed a link to an image on a site I had never heard of before a certain hxxp i xomf com removed particular filename random digit string denoting the file png Could this process running mean I had just been drive-by exploited or seomthing I run noscript and malwarebytes antiexploit along with avast antivirus but perhaps there could have been some sort of exploit in the png file But this timing could ofcourse just be co-incidence I want to check whether this strange appearance of this process is something I should be concerned about is this something which should normally be found running on a windows computer what is it's precise purpose could it have been something malicious or a symptom of an exploit attack occuring I checked my entire C drive for files modified today but there's nothing well there's browser temp files and such but no exe files or dll files modified modified recently enough to have taken place after the time when I saw this process running As further information when it was running this exe file had a very long description in the command line column of task manager's details tab I could not tell whether the file ended naturally on it's own or for other reasons because my task manager is set to the paused setting of refresshing but when I refreshed this thing had gone It was running from a user as in the users column in task manager's details tab called DefaultAppPool I've never seen that user at all before Please clarify what this thing is should it be running on a laptop which doesn't host any websites or is it something that should only run on computers that host websites or are involved in large office networks could it's running be either something malicius or a symptom of a drive-by attack having just occured What is that DefaultAppPool user for I've never seen it running before does it mean some strange new feature of windows has turned on which was previously inactive Your advice is greatly appreciated Thank you

A:What does IIS worker process (w3wp.exe) do, why have I never seen it before

Any more information on this anyone?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598334/what-does-iis-worker-process-w3wpexe-do-why-have-i-never-seen-it-before/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi everyone I am so glad to have found this forum and to see that others in the past with similar problems have had them resolved looking forward to nutting this one out ISSUE The computer is a win XP with RAID that freezes the mouse and the keyboard if a mouse or keyboard button is touched at the logon screen The mouse works fine until a button is pressed screen freeze with KB logon, Unable at RAID, XP to & mouse logon Win you can even click on a user but are unable Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen to Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen enter a password due to the keyboard and mouse freezing at Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen this moment NOTE originally happened with a USB keyboard and USB mouse using PS keyboard and mouse BACKGROUND I am writing about my fathers old computer which suddenly started freezing up at the logon screen after he wasted weeks trying to get it to work he decided that it was a hardware issue and bought himself a new computer Since then I have proved that there was no hardware error by putting an extra HDD in and installing Ubuntu LTS Everything functions fine under Ubuntu and the files are able to be accessed on the RAID DESIRED OUTCOME While i can access and copy files as needed from the RAID i would like to return access to the win XP install and let my father use it again STEPS TAKEN SO FAR I first attempted to run Live rescue CD's but they could not find the RAID drive - Bit Defender Rescue CD Saw the ubuntu drive no RAID - Kaspersky Rescue Disk Didn't see any HDD's So I ran the following AV programs from ubuntu LTS - Bit Defender NO THREATS FOUND - ClamAV THREATS detected all quarantined Documents and Settings USER Local Settings Temp -RR-Market Bulletin-LJR pdf Heuristics Encrypted PDF Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender updatesrv exe Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fun slf HTML Phishing Card- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender installer psstatemgr dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender bdselfpr sys Win Trojan Jorik- Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM ReaderUpdater exe Win Worm Agent- Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Firewall bdftdif sys Win Trojan Carberp- Program Files Common Files BitDefender SetupInformation DEE- D - -A -CA E BBC C bdselfpr sys Win Trojan Jorik- Program Files Common Files BitDefender SetupInformation DEE- D - -A -CA E BBC C gzflt sys Win Trojan Delf- Program Files Mozilla Firefox Mozilla Firefox crashreporter exe Win Trojan Shell- Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwtutor exe Win Worm Runouce- Program Files QuickTime QTSystem QuickTimeUpdateHelper exe Win Worm Chir- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender gamemodeal dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files Microsoft Office Office excelcnv exe W Virut Gen D- RECYCLER NPROTECT EXE Win Worm Chir- WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i extrac exe Win Worm Chir- WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall mspaint exe Win Trojan Resur- WINDOWS Installer b d msp W Virut Gen D- WINXP PRO CD I ICWTUTOR EX Win Worm Runouce- WINXP PRO CD I MSPAINT EX Win Trojan Resur- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender avckf sys Win Trojan Cossta- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender proxymgrui dll Win Trojan Zbot- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as es slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fr slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fun slf HTML Phishing Card- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as es slf HTML Phishing Bank- Program Files BitDefender Bitdefender AntiSpam as fr slf HTML Phishing Bank- I then attempted to logon to win XP with the same result of KB amp mouse freezing at logon screen after a button press I then ran - ESET NOD Antivirus NO THREATS FOUND

A:Unable to logon, Win XP with RAID, KB & mouse freeze at logon screen

So you are able to run the machine  using PS2 keyboard and mouse.

Step 1: 

Download and install LogonFix

Click the Highlighted button.

When prompted select yes.
Allow the program to reboot your machine as well when prompted.

Step 2:

Download drivecleanup.zip to your desktop.
CLICK HERE to determine whether you're running 32-bit or 64-bit for Windows.
Once the determination has been made open either the 32-bit or 64-bit folder.
Right Click the .exe on the inside of the folder and run as admin.
A command prompt window will open telling you what has been removed upon completion.
Note: All usb devices must be removed from your machine during this step, except your keyboard and mouse of course. 

Step 3:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.
Close any open windows
Double click the TFC icon to run the program. (Vista/7/8 Users, Right Click and select Run as Admin)
TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run
Click the Start button to begin the process
Allow TFC to run uninterrupted
Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine, if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541306/unable-to-logon-win-xp-with-raid-kb-mouse-freeze-at-logon-screen/
Relevancy 80.84%

:( I dont know how to fix this blue screen error. The last thing i did was install outpost firewall. Then i rebooted and it went to the welcome screen. And something detected Winspy2.0 and i removed it. Then i got the BLUE screen message and i cant go into safe mode or "last known good config"
Please! help. Thanks.

A:stop c000021a {fatal system error} the windows logon process system process terminate

does this help your issue with the system.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316503&sd=RMVP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-the-windows-logon-process-system-process-terminate-72163.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My system suffered a power system - freezes password type logon Cannot outage and now I can't log on to XP As soon as I type a key the mouse freezes and the only option I have is to shutdown via the power off switch Luckily this is Cannot type logon password - system freezes still detected and Windows shuts down cleanly The system is still running in the background as I can access the shared drives from another machine on the lan and the mouse works fine until I hit a key at the password prompt then I can do nothing What I have tried Tried booting into safe mode - same problem Going into BIOS - the keyboard works fine Booting with a DOS diskette - the keyboard works fine Booting into the recovery console - the keyboard works fine - tried copying the previous system hive from the last restore point but no joy Installed a second copy of XP on another drive and this works fine including all the hardware drivers for the MOBO SATA Sound Lan which says to me that the hardware is ok and that Windows is screwed This is a large system with HDDs of over GB and has lots of programs installed so any suggestions as to how I can recover from this without a full re-install will be much appreciated For info system is as follows MOBO ASUS K VSE Deluxe with Athlon and GB ram Display Adapter Saphire Radeon Atlantis MB AGP GB PATA drive on primary IDE channel as Master with OS x DVD drives on secondary IDE channel x GB SATA drives on VIA SATA ports x GB SATA drive on Promise SATA primary port Windows XP Pro SP with all latest security fixes Ken

A:Cannot type logon password - system freezes

Sounds like a good candidate for an repair installation. Boot to your XP cd, press ENTER at the first set of options (don't select R-Recovery Console). Then, you'll have to agree to the license (F8) ... After that you'll see an option to repair an existing install. Press R, select the install (should be the only one) and let 'er rip. This will reinstall XP without loss of programs or data. If you see any option to select or format a partition you went too far/missed an option. Reboot and try again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-type-logon-password-system-freezes-49636.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello,

I have a system that many Event ID 4624 Successful (Anonmymous) Logon with the corresponding 4634 Logoff's. The account name is ANONYMOUS, with NO network information what so ever on any of the event entries with the account domain as NT AUTHORITY. There is a total of 1185 over a 12 month period.
These are all Logon Type 3 (network)
Are there any legitimate reasons for this? How come there is NO source IP or workstation name listed on any of these? This is on a Windows Vista system. There is an a IIS_IUSR account, but the system is not suppose to be running a webservice. Though not sure how I can check. Is there any registry keys that would show this? All I have is a dead system image, and I can't boot it up.
Thanks,

A:Event ID 4624 Successful (Anonmymous) Logon

Hmmmm...
Network (i.e. connection to shared folder on this computer from elsewhere on network)
(logon type 3).

I would remove remote access if you have this established. I'm not knowledgeable about this message and it may refer to something innocent, but let's go ahead and close access if that is currently available.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/255107-event-id-4624-successful-anonmymous-logon.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I turned my PC on this morning and I was logged onto a temporary profile - Authority NT Event Logon - viewer special and was a bit confused so I logged off and logged into my normal user account Then i started wondering why It did it so i went into event viewer and noted under security there were a lot of unusual logs some what like this Keywords Date amp Time Source Event ID Task category Audit success - - Microsoft security Auditing - - Special logon I have a lot of these and when I click event properties it says the following Special privileges assigned to new logon Subject Security ID LOCAL SERVICE Account Name LOCAL SERVICE Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x e Privileges SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeAuditPrivilege SeImpersonatePrivilege I'm not that good with computers so please can Event viewer - special Logon - NT Authority someone explain what this is I am extremely paranoid when it comes to spyware and malware etc but I have Comodo firewall install as well as various other firewalls Craig

A:Event viewer - special Logon - NT Authority

This article explains what this is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498213/event-viewer-special-logon-nt-authority/
Relevancy 80.41%

infuriating

network hangs for IE7
shell restarts
communications resumes
winlogon generates 1002 event ID

seconds later it repeats

when network adapter is disabled, no problems (but no network)

not tied to any programs or actions
tried multiple NICs, no effect
no other errors or tracks found
explorer restarts with or without IE running

win xp pro sp3
dual video cards
asus p5ne-sli MB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-logon-1002-event-explorer-exe-restarted.747566/
Relevancy 80.41%

Error message when Windows loads ? ?Logon Process Initialization Failure?
? Interactive logon process initialization has failed
? Please consult the event log for more details

does anyone know how I can fix this? or atleast get my files saved to a disk or something i can burn data discs if nesscary i just really need to fix this...i am running windows vista home premium 32 bit....i have the disc to install vista still.

A:Logon Process Initialization Failure

Hi,

Have you tried to boot in safemode? (repeatedly tap the "F8" key while booting)

You should see a list of boot options...you can choose standard "Safe Mode" , "Safe Mode with Networking" - loads network processes

Then when in Safe Mode, go to the control panel and then in classic view find and double click Administrative tools --> then open the event viewer to view the log of what is happening.

JeKyL

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/logon-process-initialization-failure-385379.html
Relevancy 80.41%

hi i have the problems with windows 7. first time is my computer attack by .eml virus and then i scan with avira after scaning the computer is restarting. and finnaly i cant logon to my system. how to fix logon process initialitation failure?? best regards

A:how to fix logon process initialitation failure??

Hi decool,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer and sorry for the delay.

Do you still need assistance?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381221/how-to-fix-logon-process-initialitation-failure/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello bad stuff happened I think it was some electricity malfunction anyway after unexpected reboot my Windows does not load the desktop with error screen says Quote Logon Process Initialization Failure Interactive logon process initialization has failed Please consult the event log for more details So it doesn't proceed to login screen safe mode doesn't work with the same issue system restore tool do restore it without Initialiazation Process Failure Logon troubles but this makes no changes and I have the same login failure I can boot only to System Recovery Options screen Well I've read this thread it describes my problem pretty accurately the only solution provided was check and replace logonui exe but I actually have this file in windows System so it won't help either SFC SCANNOW works without any troubles Then I've tried to ask Microsoft they have https support microsoft com en-us kb hotfix When I try to run unpacked msu with wusa exe it goes with an error quot x Class not registered quot so I can't tell whether it works or not Is there any kind of solution besides clean install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390566-logon-process-initialiazation-failure.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I am attempting to restore a friends working laptop specs are as follows HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Laptop CPU Intel Core Due T GHz G Ram Vista unknown if sp are installed When the pc boots normal safe mode command prompt it loads past the green bar loading screen then screen goes black and I receive error box that states logon process initialization failure view log Unable to view log due to the inability to login through various attempts I have process failure logon initialization tried F to repair windows run startup recovery repaired errors still unable to login From same section opened command prompt and performed chkdsk c r results kb in bad sectors kb occupied by the log files Failed to transfew logged messages to the event log with status F boot in safe mood safe mood with networking safe mode command prompt Last known good configuration all receive error box I am curious to know is there a fix for this or is the fix to attempt to logon process initialization failure reinstall or go to logon process initialization failure a restore point I found another forum that gave instructions to use a Live Ubuntu cd to save the data Idk what kind or how much data is on the laptop or if there are any restore points set at all Any and all help and advice is much appreciated thanks

A:logon process initialization failure

FWIW:
  http://www.gfisk.com/windows-vista-logon-screen-of-death/
  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system/logon-process-initialization-failure/f98c6986-4ce5-44fd-a9ef-99b9c1fa2e36

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485523/logon-process-initialization-failure/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi I'm having big issues with my Windows OS I recently tried to clear up some space on my C drive windows with disk cleaner and a program that checks what's taking up so much space on my windows folder it was around gb I had a malware attack a little while back that I finally thought I cleared up and fixed but apparantely there are - Failure Logon Initialiazation Help!! Process Please still some issues going on I ran an SFC Logon Process Initialiazation Failure - Please Help!! Scan Now or ChkDsk can't remember which one but after I restarted my computer I got the quot Logon Process Initialization Failure quot error and I couldn't log in I tried Safe Mode still same error I booted off Windows startup repair ran the startup repair option and it could not detect Logon Process Initialiazation Failure - Please Help!! a problem Then I ran Command Prompt from the Windows startup and entered Chkdsk C r and once it almost finishes it says that it couldn't transfer log files Then I tried Sfc Logon Process Initialiazation Failure - Please Help!! scannow and it says another repair is already pending THEN I ran the dism exe image cleanup revert pending blah blah and it said it was unable to access the image There is clearly something going wrong with my log file or something is missing or corrupted I can't do system restore either because I disabled it and never set a restore point at this point I'm all out of options I really need the best computer wiz to help me out here because I have so much important software installed that it would be horrible if I had to do a reformat I want to try everything I can Please somebody help me out

A:Logon Process Initialiazation Failure - Please Help!!

Do you remember what virus you had ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298584-logon-process-initialiazation-failure-please-help.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all Need some help with this please Have had a look on various sites for solutions to this but none seem to work for my particular problem One of them suggested it Logon Failure Initialization Process may be something to do with SidebySide and to look in the application event logs for a corrupt manifest file This is the entry Activation context generation failed for C Windows system LogonUI exe Dependent Assembly Microsoft Windows Common-Controls language amp x a processorArchitecture amp x a publicKeyToken b ccf df type win version could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis Logon Process Initialization Failure How do I Logon Process Initialization Failure use sxstrace exe I've tried system restore and chkdsk r I've also done sfc scannow Logon Process Initialization Failure It said it found and repaired a number of corrupt files but could not repair some of them more details of can be found in the CBS log I've had a look through the CBS log and can't make heads or tails of it Unfortunately it's too big to upload unless you want me to paste it here or bits of it anyway I'm trying to avoid doing a clean install unless all else fails Help Thanks in advance

Check this out...  Error: The application has failed to start because the side by - Microsoft Community

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486640/logon-process-initialization-failure/
Relevancy 80.41%

I just recently restored my pc to a bacckup point that i have used on at least three occasions. After the restore was complete i pressed the restart button and upon restarting i get hit with a "Logon Process Initialization Failure" box. It comes up in safemode as well and will not let me proceed to anything else. Any Ideas? I'm using a Lenovo ideapad s10-2. thanks for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405591/logon-process-initialization-failure/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi
have the above message on a windows 7 laptop. I have tried system restore but that fails to load down to a corrupted registry. have also tried replacing the log on files from a windows 7 cd but nothing has worked. I have come across a hotfix from Microsoft for this issue, but the only way I can think this would work is if it can be run from a command prompt as I cant log in to windows. After searching I came across this quote to input the complete path
For example, if the Windows6.0-KB934307-x86.msu file is in the D:\934307 folder, type the following command at a command prompt to install the update package:
wusa.exe d:\934307\Windows6.0-KB934307-x86.msu. All I get is an installation error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-process-initialisation-failure.1163218/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi Windows probably Home edition says quot Logon Process Initiation Failure quot and quot Interactive logon process initiation has failed Please consult the event log for more details quot I installed Logon Initation Failure Process Avast Antivirus just prior to this After the install it said it blocked Malware and deleted it I guess it deleted something important as the message came up after restarting the system I tried System Recovery using a Windows disc but it said there isn t room on the drive This message is a result of a virus because the drive wasn t full in actuality Tried the bootsector exe I think in the Windows Recovery Command Prompt to rebuild member etc but no luck I also deleted partitions and in hopes of increasing space of partition for System Recovery to work Did this delete all my data on those partitions I can reinstall easily enough and that would probably be the preferred method given that posting logs takes time I d like to use something like Linux Ubuntu Bart etc to get Logon Process Initation Failure my data and then reinstall What is the easiest thing to download and use for data recovery Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411745/logon-process-initation-failure/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi -
When I try to boot my HP Compaq laptop I get this message in a dialog box.

This computer has been overheating and either powers down itself or we power it down.

Here's what is in the dialog box:
Logon Process Initialization Failure​Interactive logon process initialization has failed​Please consult the event log for more details.​Then an OK button.​
After I press OK I get a black blank screen. I turned off the computer.

What should I do? Your help will be appreciated.

Doug Roberts

A:Logon process initialization failure

Hi -
The problem is not fixed.

I was able to boot in command mode and run SFC /SCANNOW. That ran and now I can boot in safe mode.

When I do a regular boot I still get the Logon Process Initialization Failure, but now I cannot get out of it without powering off.

Doug

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-process-initialization-failure.185253/
Relevancy 80.41%

This isn't exactly a BSOD issue but I wasn't sure where to post it. My laptop is giving me this error:

"Logon Process Initialization Failure"

when it starts. There is a hotfix available for this, in the form of an MSU, but I don't know how to apply it since I can't sign into the computer. I am able to get to the command prompt in recovery but after that I'm not sure what I should be doing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396508-logon-process-initialization-failure.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello!

My Latitude D620 laptop cannot start up because it has a fatal system error with a blue screen before it can. The error message follows.

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

Before this error, the laptop would take a while to logon after I woke it up from standby. I had no clue if there was a virus on it or not to be honest.

I would like to be able to recover my laptop to a working state. I do not have Windows Recovery Console on the laptop if I recall correctly.

Thank you very much in advance!

A:Logon Process Fatal Error

Hello ,does it boot to windows and what is the operating system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449016/logon-process-fatal-error/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi -
When I try to boot my HP Compaq laptop I get this message in a dialog box.

This computer has been overheating and either powers down itself or we power it down.

Here's what is in the dialog box:
Logon Process Initialization Failure
Interactive logon process initialization has failed
Please consult the event log for more details.
Then an OK button.

I have booted into command mode and run SFC /SCANNOW, but that made things worse, since after running that the only way out of the dialog is to power down.

I found a Windows Hotfix here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2615701

I got the hotfix to the computer, but I cannot run it. I put it in a subdirectory of Downloads and ran it, but all that did was unzip it. When I click on the unzipped file I get the message "Cannot run in safe mode".

Any help will be appreciated.

Doug ​

Hi -
I've got this computer working now (found that I could go back to a recent restore point).

What's up with the overheating? Is this mean end-of-life for the computer or is it a simple repair? Anyone know? Sometimes it runs all day and sometimes it lasts an hour.

Thanks.
Doug

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logon-process-initialization-failure.1068744/
Relevancy 80.41%

I was advised to go here from another forum. Here is the topic there for reference. I'll post what I said in the beginning post.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic449016.html

My Latitude D620 laptop cannot start up because it has a fatal system error with a blue screen before it can. The error message follows.

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

Before this error, the laptop would take a while to logon after I woke it up from standby. I had no clue if there was a virus on it or not to be honest.

I have already tried a system restore from xPUD and checked the memory module for any problems.

I would greatly appreciate help in resolving this issue!

A:Logon Process Fatal Error

Did you install any hardware or software before this started happening?
Can you boot into safe mode? (Tap F8 on startup until you get the menu with Safe Mode).
If you can boot into Safe Mode, use Blue Screen View (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html) and post up either a screenshot of the blue screen and/or the .dmp file. This will enable someone to help you further.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451288/logon-process-fatal-error/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I know I should have really done a search for this before posting but to be perfectly honest I am a bit of a n b when it comes to PCs and fixing them wthout the help of my boyfriend so I d have no idea what it was I was searching for He s not here either and thus I need help I hope I ve got this in the right section The problem started off as simply needing the Windows XP Home Edition disk to restore my PC back Logon Windows Process failure? to the way it was Unfortunately I hadn t been able to get hold of a disk until today and then we happened upon a completely different problem when we attempted to fix it Of course the disk couldn t work because a blue screen came up after it attempted to get past the windows loading screen thing saying STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Windows Logon Process failure? Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x x The system has been shut down Now I have no idea what has caused any of these problems wth the PC I clearly have no idea what has gone wrong with it this time I don t have access to the Home Edition disk anymore because it had to be returned and I m getting a bit panicked that my PC isn t saveable I have files on there that if they were lost would break my heart quite literally Please if anyone knows how I can fix this problem or tell me what s wrong with it so I can find an answer I would greatly appreciate it Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

Hello , i have this problems with my laptop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr9I...fH4WNVtn7lK2NQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GauU...fH4WNVtn7lK2NQ

Help Me plz ...

A:Logon Process initialization failure

Hi and welcome to TSF try a start up repair from your install disc steps on how to are here How to Repair a Windows 7 System with an Installation Disc
Read first and if you need to read again until you have the steps set in your mind.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/logon-process-initialization-failure-882729.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi there,

I have a windows 7 pc in a "domain", so when you get to the initial windows 7 welcome screen (prior to logging in as a user), you get a blank transparent Picture

A:How to change Logon screen Picture frame (before logon)

Its ok, managed to get it working, seemed to work when i did it again, strange. No blank picture frame now, just a customised "picture frame" that appears prior to logon, just what I was after. Hope this helps anyone else trying to achieve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/60474-how-change-logon-screen-picture-frame-before-logon.html
Relevancy 80.41%

i have face with the following problem..i joind with domain successfully but when i created a user in domain and to logon client 
computer the follwing error occure plz help me with a few simple step in windows 8 or 8.1
note
i have windows server 2012 r2 in Domain computer

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3374b827-6eea-4fb1-9494-8a8b3eb59720/there-are-currently-no-logon-servers-available-to-service-the-logon-request-windows-8?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 80.41%

Ok, this one isnt as easy as it seems.

I know about the temporary user problem when a user has their folder deleted & try to log in again & get a Temporary User profile. However, my problem is a little more servere.

Any new user that tries to log on gets the Temp profile.
3 previous user profiles work ok. However, one of them changed their password & they then got the Temp profile.
The PC is connected via a Domain, so i removed the PC from the Domain, added it to Workgroup & logged in locally as a new user with Admin rights & I still get the Temp profile.
I've checked the permissions & the registry & cant find anything wrong.
This is what gets reported in the error log:

Thanks in advance.

A:Vista logon problem, Users only get a 'Temporary Logon'

nobody?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/280317-vista-logon-problem-users-only-get-temporary-logon.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

Is there a way to remove the logon picture.

or make the picture smaller.

it ruins my logon wallpaper
let me know!

A:Logon screen, change/remove logon picture

There are some links in this thread which may be of help - Remove the Login Screen Icon

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/178976-logon-screen-change-remove-logon-picture.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Vanilla Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop running Windows Vista. It has never had a login account or password protection, and is only used in single user mode.

Yesterday, start-ups fine, no password. Today, I'm presented with the user logon widow prompting me for a password, and cannot logon to Vista!

No-one has meddled with the laptop. Don't know if SP1 was automatically downloaded
and installed - whatever the factory defaults were from Dell. I've not seen any references to this kind of issue on Vista, but have heard about a similar thing with NT.

Any suggestions how this could have happened?

Yes - I know I can reset passwords using the NT Password Editor (http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/).

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi
I have forgotten my password.
My issue is that every time I try to log onto my account I am met with the following
"User profile Service failed the log on. User profile cannot be loaded"
I can access my hotmail account through a new account which I set up as an administrator or through my daughters account. I cannot access my desktop though.
Thanks

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi.....I can log on alright . Whenever anyone else tries to logon to their account , the following message shows up and we can go no further .
" The group policy client service failed the logon. "
I've been in the registry and searched the computer . I can switch to my 2nd drive and run winXP and everything is fine . When i switch back to Vista Home Premium service pack 1 ....again , i am the only one who can manage logon . If i create a new user account ..standard or administrator...it also pops up with the denial notice .
Security suites have been run along with reg cleaners and all to no avail .It doesn't seem to be a "bug".....
Any help ??

DO UNTO ME AS YOU WOULD HAVE ME DO UNTO YOU

A:Failed Logon

Try a system restore, pick a date before the problem started, if you think it was due to malware, pick a date before the malware infected the PC (I know this requires a crystal ball)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/
also see this
"This is a caused by malware corruption to the registry after removal of the causing malware.. "

http://quickfixesforwindows.com/group-policy-service-failed-the-logon/7

Or, your registry cleaner mucked things up, see if there is a backup you can restore in the registry cleaner program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-logon.783668/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have a Dell Inspiron desktop logon Failed with Windows bit It's fairly new I bought it in Oct I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue that has arisen this morning I'm kind of a Failed logon novice at computers so I'll try to explain as best I can what happened This morning when I turned on the computer Failed logon the message quot Setting Up Desktop quot came on as it was booting up and I noticed it stayed on for a while Then an Failed logon error dialog box came up saying something about not being able to find something on the disk Unfortunately I didn't write the message down I know that was stupid not to write it down I was in a hurry and figured a reboot would solve everything When I hit okay my desktop came up but it was a very basic desktop for example the background that normally shows up was not there it was just a solid gray color and the icons were very basic looking and not in their usual places I rebooted and now it won't let me in The computer seems to start booting fine but when I enter my password it gives the message The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded I've tried rebooting a couple of times but same thing Any advice please I have a feeling this is very bad I'm not even sure whether it's a software issue or a hard drive issue Thanks Peace Christopher

A:Failed logon

Welcome
This may help
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ot-loaded.html
Applicable to Seven.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144768-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 79.98%

When trying to access shared files or printer on my home PC Kelly machine. User not been the this has type logon requested granted at from my laptop Tracy-PC over wireless network I get the error message below The laptop can access the wireless network and use the internet connection though Also the home PC Kelly can access shared folders that are on the laptop but the laptop cannot access shared folders or printer on the PC The home PC is running Windows XP Home not XP Pro I am not sure why it thinks I m running Windows NT Event Type Failure Audit Event Source Security Event Category Logon Logoff Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer KELLY Description Logon Failure Reason The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this User has not been granted the requested logon type at this machine. machine User Name Tracy Domain Tracy-PC Logon Type Logon Process NtLmSsp Authentication Package MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATION PACKAGE V Workstation Name TRACY-PC This has been working successfully for yrs but stopped a few days ago I suspect that it had to do with the install of MS Money I had an issue during install and followed this recommendation below from the Money site which did fix the issue with installing Money but maybe resulted in the current sharing problems Click on Start Run and type in cmd in the textbox Press Enter - this will bring up a command prompt box Type in secedit configure cfg windir repair secsetup inf db secsetup sdb verbose Press Enter You should see a message task is completed when this is done and a warning message on something that could not be done ignore this message nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-at-this-machine.792174/
Relevancy 79.98%

Currently at work I have replace a computer that had windows 2000 and it was joing to a workgroup but since i replace that computer for a Windows Vista machine in which i rename exactly the same name but now went a user in the workgroup try to access the window vista home edition machine they get this error "the user has not been granted the requested logon type an this computer" and on this same workgroup im using a 3 windows vista machine and 3 Xp. Can some one help me to fix this issue i have never experience this type of proble before. Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-has-not-been-granted-the-requested-logon-type-an-this-computer-222730.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My laptop using Vista Home Premium as developed a fault which means I cannot logon to the internet through my wireless connection. It takes minutes to boot up and comes up with an error message "failed to connect to a windows service. windows could not connect to system event notification service etc". I have researched this on the net and after trying several fixes including "restore", "deleting the latest windows updates" and "uninstalling HP printer software" all to no avail. Can anyone out there offer other solutions?

A:System Event Notification Service Logon failure

Hello rellarby,
Have you installed/un-installed any hardware/software lately ?, this will sometimes cause your system to do odd things.
The first thing i would try is a system restore, to a point before you had this problem.

System Restore - How to

Give it a try and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261343-system-event-notification-service-logon-failure.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi there I have dozens of logon logoff entries in my event viewer most of which are supposedly done by Suspicious in viewer logon/logoff event entries NT AUTHORITY or NETWORK SERVICE Running WINXP HOME SP IE PM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied PM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon Suspicious logon/logoff entries in event viewer ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege SeChangeNotifyPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Successful Logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Logon Type Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use PAS PAS PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name Domain Logon ID x x D Privileges SeChangeNotifyPrivilege SeBackupPrivilege SeRestorePrivilege SeDebugPrivilege quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff PAS PAS PAS quot Successful Logon User Name PAS Domain PAS Logon ID x x D Logon Type Logon Process User Authentication Package Negotiate Workstation Name PAS Logon GUID - quot AM Security Success Audit Account Logon NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Logon attempt by MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATION PACKAGE V Logon account PAS Source Workstation PAS Error Code x AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff PAS PAS PAS quot User Logoff User Name PAS Domain PAS Logon ID x x C A FA Logon Type quot AM Security Success Audit Logon Logoff PAS PAS PAS quot User initiated logoff User Name PAS Domain PAS Logon ID x x c a fa quot AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Policy Change NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM PAS Windows Firewall group policy settings have been applied AM Security Success Audit Privilege Use NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE PAS quot Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name NETWORK SERVICE Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x x E Privileges SeAuditPrivilege SeAssignPrimary... Read more

A:Suspicious logon/logoff entries in event viewer

First what alerted you of these "warnings"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454494/suspicious-logonlogoff-entries-in-event-viewer/