Windows Support Forum

Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

Q: Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

I am trying to reinstall xp sp Home edition on my older desk top computer as I wanted to upgrade the capacity of hard disk to GB and to eliminate various PC problems My old disk was only GB capacity Here are the specifications for my desk top Desktop is Mesh for which there is no support in the UK it ceased existing a long time ago in UK Mother Board Asus P R -VM Processor unit Intel Pentium chip IXP My old HD which I am replacing is PM - Maxtor Y PO GB capacity My new HD is Quickview Maxtor L PO GB capacity The installation reaches to the stage when it has to write the system files on to the hard disk and it fails The system BIOS recognises P4R800-VM Controller for Driver XP Re-installation Storage motherboard Mass Asus for motherboard the new disk as it is showing it as L PO in the BIOS I have gone through lots of forums and realise that mass storage device driver is not compatible with the new drive or is missing I have even tried to reinstall the system on to the old hard disk to see what happens but it still fails at the same place I do not have manufacturers disk of drivers for my desk top as it came only with recovery disk and no drivers disk I have found all the drivers chip set vga etc from Asus site but do Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation not know which driver is for mass storage Device there Or should it be from Intel site If so what the name would be Please help to get correct mass storage device driver on a floppy disk as I can only insert the driver in the installation process at RAID drivers insertion point I cannot clon old HD either as the drive is already formatted I was trying to reinstall the system first onto the old drive to correct the errors When that did not work I bought Quickview maxtor drive with higher capacity But still I cannot reinstall on the new drive I have an original XP SP Cd from another PC and I downloaded the installation programme on floppy disks from Microsoft site But even this combination does not install the system In this way the system tells me in the middle of the installation that the system cannot copy the file plugin ocx obviously this particular file is not available on the xp sp CD I have I don t know how to obtain it and from where In the end the system cann not copy the files on the hard drive and fails Sorry for the long post as I wanted to explain where I am at the moment in ths process Would be grateful for any advice in this matter nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

Almost a word for word copy & paste from THIS forum post made in 2014
@muckshifter the bus inspector should be along soon

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/mass-storage-controller-driver-for-asus-motherboard-p4r800-vm-motherboard-for-xp-re-installation.4069314/
Relevancy 106.64%

I have tried everything that I know how to do to find this with no success. I have a dell precision m4600.

A:Need help getting driver for mass storage controller

What version of windows? Also 32 bit or 64 bit?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/24552-need-help-getting-driver-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi all I - Controller Mass for driver No it Storage really hope someone can help me b c I've been in computer hell for days now Long story short my hard drive in my Dell Studio died Finally got my data recovered from the drive I reformatted that drive and reinstalled Win but it Mass Storage Controller - No driver for it hung up alot I did this several times and finally did a chkdsk r and bad clusters were found I just bought Mass Storage Controller - No driver for it a WD Black hard drive and installed it this evening Got Win installed but in the Device Manager it shows a quot Mass Storage Controller quot with an exclamation point beside it I figure it's some sort of driver but I don't know what it could be I haven't installed any other programs yet Just Win What could be causing this problem There was another item underneath the quot Other Devices quot menu that also had an exclamation point but I downloaded the driver at Drivers and Downloads it's some sort Mass Storage Controller - No driver for it of motion sensor driver and that exclamation point disappeared but not the other one I have not modified the registry This is a brand new Win install on a brand new hard drive and thankfully this one isn't hanging up

A:Mass Storage Controller - No driver for it

Have you run Windows Update to see if it finds any needed drivers ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/128881-mass-storage-controller-no-driver.html
Relevancy 106.64%

I have upgraded my Z61T 9440 CTO to Windows 7 64 bit and can not find a driver for my internal multicard reader. The one downloaded from Lenovo gets the message "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"  Any suggestions?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Need "Mass Storage Controller" driver

I'm in need of the 32 bit driver for W7 actually, if anyone knows where too look.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Need-quot-Mass-Storage-Controller-quot-driver/td-p/210533
Relevancy 106.64%

Title pretty much says it, I don't know the specific type of controller I have but I do need a driver for it. Just installed a shiny new Windows 7 along with getting some new guts including a motherboard and I seem to have misplaced my driver CD (That is if I had one, it's been a while since I did anything for my computer). From what I can garner from the stuff I've read so far there should be be some generic driver for this particular bit of kit that is responsible for keeping 2 hard drives in check.

A:Need a Mass Storage Controller Driver

Mass Storage Driver is a part of Windows, you do not need to install anything. Hit the Windows Key+R and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In the Device Manager look to see if you have any devices with yellow marks. If so, then you can download the drivers at your computer manufacturers support web site.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-a-mass-storage-controller-driver-419134.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi,

Recently I have completely re-installed Windows 7 prof 32 bit on my sony vaio (VGN-NR11Z/T) laptop. I had an in-built SD card adapter which didnt work anymore after re-installation. Also in device manager, I can see a yellow sign in Mass storage controller.

Can anyone help me to install the necessary driver for it.

Thanks, Best regards

A:Driver for Mass storage controller

Hi ... Drivers are in the Link below ... The original Driver Package will contain the Driver you need ...
https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/co...VGN-NR11Z/list

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379884-driver-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi,

Recently I have completely re-installed Windows 7 prof 32 bit on my sony vaio (VGN-NR11Z/T) laptop. I had an in-built SD card adapter which didnt work anymore after re-installation. Also in device manager, I can see a yellow sign in Mass storage controller.

Can anyone help me to install the necessary driver for it.

Thanks, Best regards

A:Driver for Mass storage controller

Hi ... Drivers are in the Link below ... The original Driver Package will contain the Driver you need ...
https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/co...VGN-NR11Z/list

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/379884-driver-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 105.35%

i just installed Windows 7.. 64bit on My Laptop

Gateway MT6451
Chipset ATI Xpress 200 (RS480) Rev 10
Southbridge ATI SB400 Rev 80
Bios
Brand Phoenix Technoligies LTD
Version 84.06

After it installed it. i had a 1 Conflict in My Hardware Device List it said i had No Driver Installed on The Mass Storage Controller. i have tried using the gateway drivers but it said it would not work with this Version of Windows.i tried doing Windows Update it says no Drivers Found any clues where i can get one?????

A:Help!! No Mass Storage controller driver found

What OS was installed on it before you installed the Windows 7 64bit?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/171799-help-no-mass-storage-controller-driver-found.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi I have this issue going on since i installed windows -- bit on a new partition Firstly In the 'device manager' I see 'Mass Storage Mass Storage driver Controller issue Controller' which shows me a yellow sign of exclaimation amp the following message pops up when 'right clicked' on 'properties' ''The drivers for this device are not installed Code There Mass Storage Controller driver issue is no driver selected for the device information set or element To find a driver for this device click Update Driver'' Secondly In the 'device manager' below the 'Mass Storage Controller' name driver it shows a name driver Mass Storage Controller driver issue called 'Unknown Device' again with yellow sign of exclaimation as mentioned above amp When 'right clicked' on its properties I get the same error message as mentioned above Mass Storage Controller driver issue Thirdly None of the External buttons on my laptop for web cam volume etc present are working They only work with my vista OS but not with windows Now What drivers do u recommend amp Where can i find the specific drivers for windows beta to function without any further driver issues or other issues as mentioned above Also When i plug in my usb external hard drive it shows me a message ''Do u want to scan the drive or continue without scanning'' amp i tried both the ways methods but still my files stored in usb e xternal hard drive drive freeze amp therefore dont respond immediately when i try to view or open them Did reinstall update everything but couldnt solve it Would really appreciate any help Thanks amp looking forward for it

A:Mass Storage Controller driver issue

Hi,Download a program called DRIVER MAX ,it should tell you what you need and install the drivers for you ,it is a free program,hope it helps you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4032-mass-storage-controller-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hey guys,
Hoping someone can help as i have been struggling to fix this for a few months now.
I currently have a Dell Dimension E520 running XP Pro, I had to reformatt the PC due to a virus and decided to wipe it clean of all the Dell stuff. Then reistalled XP with the restore disk provided. But now my Pioneer 111D Dvd writer does not appear anymore and in the device manager it shows as Mass Storage Controller with a yellow icon next to it.
The dvd is connected to a IDE in the PCI slot.
I have downloaded all the drivers from the pioneer page, dell page, all the windows updates and tried unistalling and reinstalling the driver through windows but not luck
Any ideas whow i can solve this
Thanks

Relevancy 105.35%

Hi folks, I'm new here and need help. I have just installed a new hard drive and loaded windows ultimate. All installed and updates done but I can't find a driver for a "mass storage controller". Windows suggests a link to "benq" to get the driver but this link fails. A visit to the site is also not of any help. Device manager properties say the physical device object name is "\device\ntpnp_pc10020". The location information is "pci bus 5, device 1, function 2". Not sure if this info helps but I would appreciate some assistance to download the driver for this and to understand what this device is. Can anyone help, thanks?

Relevancy 105.35%

hi all

i need mass storage controller driver for

toshiba satellite A135-S4637

thnx all

A:mass storage controller driver for toshiba

Hello 7mood, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Here's the driver download page at Toshiba for your laptop model. I believe it will be the chipset driver that you will need to install for this. At the link, select your OS, then the drivers for it will be listed.

Model Content Page

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/88911-mass-storage-controller-driver-toshiba.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Transferred a program to new Toshiba and each time I start the computer this window comes up "Found New Hardware" "Windows needs to install driver software for your Mass
Storage Controller" with 3 options l. Locate and install software (recommended} -- Windows will guide you through the process of installing driver software for your device. and 2. Ask me later. and 3. Don't show this message again. Following thru on option 1 got me nowhere!! Who do I contact to solve this problem == In downloading the program some parts were missing & think the controller is the problem.

A:Driver software for Mass Storage Controller

That sounds like a card reader or something. Have a look in Device Manager for Unknown Devices or Other Devices, check the device properties then Google the Device ID - That may well yield some results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-software-for-mass-storage-controller.577315/
Relevancy 103.2%

Hi, I tried to install but my laptop won't allow it to download. Whenever I rebot my laptop I get this message, "WINDOWS NEEDS TO INSTALL DRIVER SOFTWARE FOR YOUR MASS STORAGE CONTROLLER." I did some research and found a couple of sights to download this driver and my laptop will not download it.

Please halp!

A:Windows needs to install driver software for your mass storage controller

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-needs-to-install-driver-software-for-your-mass-storage-controller.1080007/
Relevancy 103.2%

Device Manager is showing that the Mass Storage Controller has not been installed on my Gateway 460 after installing Windows 7. Looked on Gateway's site for driver download, didn't find it....need help! Thanks
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.86GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 31470 MB; F: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 145379 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway,
Antivirus: None

A:Gateway Mass Storage Controller driver for Windows 7 needed

The Mass Storage device is likely the Media Card Reader which Gateway does for drivers for Windows XP but they do not support Windows 7 on that model, the XP drivers may work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-mass-storage-controller-driver-for-windows-7-needed.1092088/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi all I have a Dell M XPS and what a drives load provide to Click driver mass a driver o found. storage installation were nightmare I am having installing Windows on it o drives were found. Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver installation I go to install and get hit by this message quot No Drives were o drives were found. Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver installation found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot When I click next nothing happens I have the to cancel the installation I have tried pressing F to bring up the setup menu but do not know what to do from there I have had a brand new motherboard fitted from dell and now unsure what model I have now Using Belerc Advisor this is what it says about my system any help would be great Processor a gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard o drives were found. Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver installation Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TEAC DVD -RW DVW SLC ATA Device CD-ROM drive Ricoh MMC Disk Device GB -- drive s n nbsp

A:o drives were found. Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver installation

Hi there

Some problems I had and that also BSOD alot was that the hard disc compability mode was set wrongly, if so you would not see the discs.

Check in bios for somwthing like "AHCI" mode and "Compability" mode.

Put it to compability as otherwise special drivers are neededm ones added you can swap this back to get more speed.
Regards

Ambrose...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/o-drives-were-found-click-load-driver-to-provide-a-mass-storage-driver-installation.908867/
Relevancy 98.9%

I'm trying to install Win7 64bit with a Win7 enterprise iso from USB Flash Drive on an Zbook G3 but Setup is not showing any harddrive on Win Setup. Bios secure boot is already  disabled. I 've slipstreamed USB3 drivers and Intel  iaAHCIC.inf and iaStorAC.inf bevore.The Flash Drive is a USB 3 compatible device.Loading any drivers on setup as Intel Rapid Store Drivers and other HP Storage drivers does not have success. Any advice? Thanks in advance, DZNE-IT   

A:Zbook mass storage driver missing on installation with Win7 ...

Hi, Are you trying to install Windows 7 to a PCIe SSD?  If so, see the document on the following link. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05040446 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Zbook-mass-storage-driver-missing-on-installation-with-Win7/td-p/5648394
Relevancy 97.61%

Recently built a new PC based on the Asus H87M-E MB. Also bought a 3TB WD drive but I cannot get the MB to see the full 3TB, only 2048GB. I understand that I need to enable something in the UEFI but for the life of me cannot find it. Looked in the manual many times but could find no reference to this issue. AHCI is enabled.

Anyone have any ideas how I can enable the full 3TB on my drive?

Thanks
Zack S

A:Asus H87M-E motherboard enable 3TB storage?

To use all 3tb install OS in UEFI mode.

You need to do a clean install,
As the new MOBO's now have a uEFI/BIOS firmware.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with
or
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

For more info on uEFI:
Windows and GPT FAQ
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UEFI Firmware
Technical Note: UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS, Advantech(EN) - YouTube
Sample: Configure UEFI/GPT-Based Hard Drive Partitions by Using Windows PE and DiskPart

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/317351-asus-h87m-e-motherboard-enable-3tb-storage.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I'm struggling with a problem with a new build that I volunteered to do for a friend recently. I got everything put together fine but then when I went to install windows no hard drive appears. I've tested different sata cables and ports and the problem doesn't lie there, I can also see the HDD in the bios but when windows goes looking for the HDD it won't find it. This seems to commonly be a driver issue so I looked into that also, downloaded and installed the "Intel desktop/workstation/server express chip set sata ahci controller but that didn't help either. To test the drive itself I put it in a different PC and formatted, assigned a drive letter to it and everything works fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The mobo is a gigabyte h61ma-dv2 and the HDD is a WD Green 500gb drive

A:No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage for installation.

set sata to be seen as ide in the bios

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-drives-were-found-click-load-driver-to-provide-a-mass-storage-for-installation.1083924/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hey,
I am experiencing a jumpy screen when I scroll up and down on a web page, almost like a bad refresh rate. The video controller under "other devices" in the device manager needs attention (yellow !). I can not seem to find this the driver anywhere online. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Asus P4C800
Thanks in advance.

A:Looking For Asus P4C800 motherboard video controller

Hey mate,
well your Motherboard does not have on-board graphic card so you need to provide us with your system specifications...
What make/model is your graphic card???
Report back please...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/looking-for-asus-p4c800-motherboard-video-controller-269775.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello everyone I am quite new here and seeking help on a problem I can t solve My own knowledge and experience and of course google have all failed me in this aspect I am attempting to install an Sil ATA IDE Controller card on my Asus A V-MX motherboard It doesn t boot it just sits there power on no post no display no nothing I remove the card everything is ok I attatched my primary Harddrive to it I still got nothing I tried having it just sit there I got nothing I tested it in another PCI slot still same thing I tested it in a two spare PC s and it worked fine So it s not the card I messed around with the onboard sata settings to no avail it changed nothing All I want to do is use this card to use a third harddrive to install Vista on it Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance nbsp

A:Asus A8V-MX motherboard not posting when having an IDE controller card in the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a8v-mx-motherboard-not-posting-when-having-an-ide-controller-card-in-the-board.764206/
Relevancy 93.31%

I am using Windows XP Pro 32bit on an HP Compaq nx9600. msinfo32 has this under problem devices: Mass Storage Controller PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&SUBSYS_3082103C&REV_00\4&5A988DE&0&03F0 The drivers for this device are not installed.

A:Can't find driver for "Mass Storage Controller"

1) That's a device from TI. And i think a flash media card controller. Look for the Storage Drivers on the HP site here. (I also see the driver on HP says its for a TI device)

2) But try giving DriverEasy a crack at it first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-driver-for-mass-storage-controller.156496/
Relevancy 92.02%

Alright, I installed a new motherboard in my PC last night. It is a ASUS. Not sure of the exact model right off hand, but it fits a Pentium Celeron D 3.06 478-pin CPU. I got everything installed and plugged in, and I turned the power on. I was able to go into the BIOS menu, but when I tried to start up windows, I got a blue error screen. It read something about “could be a virus, or a contaminated hard drive”. The error code I was given was “***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8951528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)”

What have a done. I am very worried that I have damaged my hard drive, I have many irreplaceable files on there. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you so much for the time and effort!

Relevancy 92.02%

I installed windows 7 on Sony VGC LT15E. I installed Nvidia driver. its good working but Im looking for driver for and mass storage controller and media controller
Where do I find it Thanks for advance!

A:Mass Storage controller and Media Controller Windows-7

Hi.

You can find numerous drivers at your models support page. - eSupport - VGC-LT15E But THIS is the file you are looking for. Run them in Compatibility Mode and they should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/74706-mass-storage-controller-media-controller-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I'm running my custom-built desktop with an ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard.

When I boot up the computer it displays, "Loading Asus Express Gate..."

The next screen gives me this error message:

EXPRESS GATE INSTALLATION IS INCOMPLETE.
VERSION-POST CODE: (L11209 - 8C000002)

Boot-up continues as normal after that. I have two questions:
1. What does this mean to my system?
2. How do I fix it?

Thanks!

A:Express gate installation is incomplete (ASUS motherboard)

The only thing I can think of is installing the dvd/cd that came with the motherboard and install the program again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/245654-express-gate-installation-incomplete-asus-motherboard.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello, recently I picked up a computer off a mate that wasn't being used, I formatted it, he didn't give me the motherboard CD, I'm trying to find the ethernet controller driver for the motherboard, it's a MSI MS-7143 ver1 motherboard, I've looked everywhere for the driver and can't seem to find it!

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Relevancy 89.01%

For no apparent reason I can think of i e no sigfnificant changes or additions to anything in my system suddenly the Device Manager was indicating that the driver s for the onboard lan ethernet controller on my ASUS P PE motherbd were not installed So I loaded the software quot setup drivers etc quot cd-rom into a cd drive and stepped through quot add hardware wizard quot to reload the drivers for this device the way that I always have done before successfully for driver ASUS motherboard? on P4PE lan the past year and a half As the CD lan driver on ASUS P4PE motherboard? instructions indicate I chose quot Install from a specific list or location quot but now suddenly it does not work The cd is fine the drivers for this device are still on it I indicated the path where the wizard should look to find the proper drivers but it just keeps returning an quot unsuccessful - the wizard cannot find any drivers for this device on this media quot error message I tried the quot load drivers automatically quot option with the same results Does anyone know what to suggest Thanks in advance for any help

A:lan driver on ASUS P4PE motherboard?

you may have lost the lan chip,buy a cheap nic card and put in

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lan-driver-on-asus-p4pe-motherboard-76159.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello All,

Toshiba Satellite M305-S49052
Model Content Page

Just did a clean Retail install of W7 on this laptop. Everything is perfect except for the enclosed snip of device manager, showing the issue with the Mass Storage Controller.

All windows updates done 100% and I looked over all the drivers and software for the Vista and 7 installs on this machine, and I`m coming up empty, or just missing something. And of course it seems it did not come with any driver cds.

Would it be a driver that installs itself if you were to connect an external hard drive, other then a usb flash drive ? Because they all install and work fine.

Any insight, suggestions ?

Thanks, Brian

A:Mass Storage Controller

Card reader possibly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/256606-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello, please see the attachment of my PC's problem and please help!

Thank you guys!!

You need a new driver. Go back to device manger and update driver or even better go to website and get the best driver.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/288595-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I am building a new PC. I have a soyo 6BA+4 motherboard, maxtor hard drive, 128 mb of ram, a pci video card, and a PIII-500 cpu. It boots OK and then when it gets to the screen that shows the irq settings and pci devices I get some strange results. The IDE controller is IRQ14, Serial bus controller 11, acpi controller 9, and then i get the display adapter 10 with something listed as a mass storage controller also has IRQ 10. What makes it stranger is that it appears twice, both times using IRQ 10. This is where my computer freezes every time. It says verifying DMI pool data.... I have never heard of this before. Could somebody please tell me what the mass storage controller or the ACPI controller is, or any suggestions on what my problem might be.

Thanks

Relevancy 89.01%

Recently downloaded a Verizon 4G LT# USB Modem for wireless internet. Worked fine for a week or so. Now, I get two messages. "Windows needs to install software for your mass storage controller or your device will not be detected." Second message, "Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer. Contact network administrator."

This is a home laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mass-storage-controller.1009113/
Relevancy 89.01%

under the device manager, my mass storage controller has a yellow flag next to it.
how do i fix it? it keeps me from being able to sync my ipod because i get an error message when i open itunes and it comes up while im trying to sync and then freezes itunes. i dont know much about computers, i found out it was the mass storage thing from someone elses help but now i dont know how to fix it..simple steps please?? thank you!

A:mass storage controller???

Hi eeeelizabeth,
Wow!! Lots of e's.
Welcome to the Forum.
The yellow sign is usually associated with a fault, not necessarily bad, but you have to be cautious.
Could you explain in a little more detail the yellow sign.

Is it flag, triangle? What is it indicating red cross, or other.

Get back to us at the forum when you can. Was there any error message?

‘I do not seek to follow in the footsteps
of the men of old,
I seek the things they sought‘

Basho (1644-1694) Japanese Haiku

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287778-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 89.01%

What is a Pci mass storage controller? and why is there a ?mark and ! mark next to mine within my device manager. I am being told that there is no driver installed for this device but when i try to search for one my system can't find one, either on disc or drives.

Relevancy 89.01%

I need some help with this device. I'm not even sure what it is, but so far everything seems to be working with my clean install of 7 from XP. thanks in advance

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Don/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Don/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Don/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]

A:Mass storage controller

In the future (and I am speaking to general public here), please copy and paste this information instead of using a screenshot.

I'll see what I can do. It's an Acer 6in1 card reader I think.]

x64 or x86?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35915-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 89.01%

In device manager Under the tab Other Devices is Mass Storage Controller, it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark inside. I can't seem to be able to update the driver or do anything with it to get it to install.

Here is the Hardware ID's for the Mass Storage Controller.
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_01241025&REV_01
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_01241025
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&CC_018000
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&CC_0180

I also have another device with the triangle so here are the hardware ID's for this aswell.
ACPI\PNPA000
*PNPA000

Thats the O2 card reader driver. Download from the acer support site for your model.

Service & Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/106754-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 89.01%

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
Location PCI BUS 8, DEVICE 3, FUNCTION 2
NOT digitally signed
My Laptop is a SONY VAIO VGN-NR120E

I cannot find a driver for this anywhere

By the way I am running on Windows 7 Professional, 32bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/144756-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 89.01%

In Win 2000 devices after a reinstall I have a mass storage controller item with a yellow question mark. Everything is fine, working ok. What is it?

That usually refers to a RAID controller or some other type of drive controller, does your system have onboard RAID?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mass-storage-controller.110135/
Relevancy 89.01%

Greetings,

I am running Windows 7 Professional x64 on my HP Pavilion zd8000 laptop. I am looking for a driver for the mass storage controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by m0aje

Greetings,

I am running Windows 7 Professional x64 on my HP Pavilion zd8000 laptop. I am looking for a driver for the mass storage controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

And the model of same might be what?

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/125053-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello, i have a Medion MD 41298, and none of my USB ports works
And in device manager i get Mass Storage Controller with yellow question mark, do you know where can i find these drivers. Thanks

Relevancy 89.01%

Under Device Manager there is a ! next to MASS STORAGE CONTROLLER (MSC). When I check on it, the message is that there is no driver and it is not working properly because it has a problem. I tried searching for a driver with no luck. What does A MSC do and how do I find a driver? There is no brand name listed for it.

it is for your usb driver, have you got the chipset installed before installing the drivers??

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/261067-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I am planning to buy window 8 pro 32 bit.
But before i buy i need to know if my system support window 8 and drivers for window 8 are available.

My motherboard is
ASUS M2N68AM Plus MotherboardASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS

On the website , there are drivers available for window 7.

Do those drivers will work for window 8 also , or i need drivers for window 8 .
If yes , from where i can get the drivers for window 8 .

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

A:ASUS M2N68AM Plus Motherboard driver for window 8 32 bit

Windows 8 comes with its own drivers, on the odd occasion some drivers are incompatible
then you could use windows 7 drivers from manufacturer which should work just fine…

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/17677-asus-m2n68am-plus-motherboard-driver-window-8-32-bit.html
Relevancy 87.72%

How can I fix my PCI mass storage controller error. It has an exclamation point in the system devices tab. I d/l and reinstalled the 4 in 1 drivers and it didn't help. I have an Asus A7V KT 133 chipset.

Relevancy 87.72%

[Win 7 64, Intel MOBO]

I have this strange device under mass storage controller:

AVQ40QI6 IDE controller

Google doesn't knows it, provider unknown, date not available, etc.

Disabling it didn't affect the PC.

Should I delete it?

Thanks,

A:Strange mass storage controller

Hi,

If disabling it done nothing then uninstalling it will just cause it to try to re-install when you reboot. Is it a fresh install of Windows 7?

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/157280-strange-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 87.72%

The Microsoft Update site detects that I have whatever uses/needs this device driver (Windows 98 SE):

Promise Technology - Storage
49 KB/ Download Time: < 1 min
Promise Technology Scsiadapter Driver Version 2.0.0.28

In my device manager next to Other Devices, I see the yellow question mark. Under Other Devices, there is a yellow question mark, with a yellow exclamation point over it, and says: PCI Mass Storage Controller.

I thought I was familiar with all the actual devices, but I don't know what this is, and the explanations I'm finding on Google don't make any sense to me at all.

I have noticed the Update site listing and the device manager's yellow symbols for many months. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 87.72%

Having trouble with my XP-SP3 installation recognizing devices at logon. I routinely get 5 errors that I cannot seem to correct. All are calling for device driver installation.

1. HP-CD/RW on motherboard IDE, master
2. HP-DVD/RW on motherboard Sata1
3. Hitachi 1TB HD on motherboard Sata0
4. Maxtor 30gb HD on Motherboard IDE, slave
5. Mass Storage Controller

I have reinstalled the original motherboard chipset, video, lan, audio drivers without success.
I have both enabled and disabled each (except MSC) in the bios. (All are currently enabled)
I have searched the net for drivers, or info.

All of the devices show up in the bios, and I have a multi-boot with a backup XP-SP3 OS that works handily in the same machine. No problems.

The affected OS is on the 1TB Hitachi, the backup on an 80gb HD that accesses through a Promise IDE (pci) controller.

So what XP thing did I mess up?

A:Mass Storage Controller Error

Still need help with this problem, if possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mass-storage-controller-error.969255/
Relevancy 87.72%

i did install 64 bit and always the same thing happens, mass storage controller not install, i tried looking for it by all means but to no avail.
it's alright when im using 32 bit so has anyone else with this prob too

srry i think i posted in wrong section

A:mass storage controller prob

moved here

We can't tell you much without knowing your system specs.

And if you look carefully, there is a link below your username that allows you to enter a whole bevy of specs....

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/7125-mass-storage-controller-prob.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

I had to reload a gateway notebook M285-E. I reloaded everything and downloaded the drivers, but in Device Manager it shows Mass Storage Controller with a yellow question mark. Where can I find this driver.

thanks for any help.

A:Mass Storage Controller Mission

Look here

http://support.gateway.com/support/...wse&platform=10021&model=11510&os=10406&type=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mass-storage-controller-mission.770639/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello,

I Installed Windows 7 on my Toshiba P205-S8810 and I see in the device manager 2 missing drivers :

- Massa Storage Controller.
- Multimedia Controller.

I checked Toshiba website but there are alot of drivers - please can you help me?

Thanks !

A:Mass Storage Controller - Toshiba

are you speaking of the Win 7 Device Manager that you can run via:
DEVMGMT.MSC

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/187284-mass-storage-controller-toshiba.html
Relevancy 87.72%

OK, I made a fresh installation of Windows 7 64 bit Premium over my Vista OS way back in November 2009. I then get a report that the mass storage controller device drivers are not installed. I tried to look around but got no such help.

My laptop model is a Gateway FX P-7805g notebook.

According to my Norton 360 Premier Edition Diagnostic report, it is now an inoperable hardware device. When I run device manager, and click on update driver, no such driver can be found.

Please help! I consider myself a newbie when it comes to Windows 7!

Thanks!

A:Mass Storage Controller issues

hi blanchflower ,welcome to the forums , the mass storage controller usually relates to the card reader, here is a link to the driver Gateway Support Drivers & Downloads= its for vista 64bit so install in compat mode Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/88410-mass-storage-controller-issues.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I accidentally deleted some Texas Instruments thing from my files and now my memory card reader doesn't work. I looked on Acer's website and found a download, but I get this error message: "unable to launc uminst." So I have no idea what to do.

I have an Acer Extensa 4620Z, and Windows Vista home Premium Version 6.0 (Build 6001: Service Pack 1).

A:Problem with mass storage controller.

Try restoring your system with a system restore point prior to deleting that file.

Jim

BTW, Welcome to TSG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-mass-storage-controller.961132/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi ive recently Formatted my computer because i think i had a bad virus that got rid of almost anything i tried to use. so i reformatted and loaded all my drivers (separate partition with drives) and started downloading World of warcraft of the internet and it said data verifaction failed so i decided to investigate by looking at my hardware and devices and noticed that Mass Storage Controller didnt have a Driver. My mother board is

M2N32-SLI Deluxe/Wireless Edition
my HardDrive is a Sata

Relevancy 87.72%

It seems I've lost the mass storage controller drivers (device manger shows an error and windows reminds me everytime I turn on the computer). But everything is working fine! Do I need to wory about this? How do I determine exactly what drivers to update?

Relevancy 87.72%

my sony vaio is missing a mass storage controller. i have a sony vgn-cr220e with windows 7 64-bit, i already downloaded every driver from the website. i ran the scan and my computer cant find it. if you could give me a link to a free download that will work i would greatly appreciate it thanks

A:My mass storage controller is missing

Update your drivers from here:

Sony eSupport - VGN-CR220E - Software Updates & Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/81415-my-mass-storage-controller-missing.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have just done a clean install of Win7on my sony lappy. Everything looks ok apart from an exclamation mark on a mass storage controller listed under 'other devices'.

Its not my hard drive as that is listed as ok under disc drives, so any ideas? Downloaded several drivers from the sony site, bt none seem to have any effect.

Thanks

Andy

A:Mass storage controller issue

Quote: Originally Posted by andygo

I have just done a clean install of Win7on my sony lappy. Everything looks ok apart from an exclamation mark on a mass storage controller listed under 'other devices'.

Its not my hard drive as that is listed as ok under disc drives, so any ideas? Downloaded several drivers from the sony site, bt none seem to have any effect.

Thanks

Andy

Hey Andy

You mobo probably has RAID support. you can find out be going into device manager to the unknown device>right click>go to proerties>details>pull down> hardware IDS. take the hardware ID and google it. It will tell you who the mfr is and then you can get the driver.

Hope this helps

KEnn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42283-mass-storage-controller-issue.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Asus Motherboard P4S800D-X Audio Driver For SoundMAX:

I am unfortunately having the same problem most of everyone else is i cant install i drivers and i need some help so please do so. At the end of installation it says the driver can be found please restart and stuff i have tried random thing and it still doesn't work. I have an Asus Motherboard ID: P4S00D-X and it has an onboard sound card called SoundMax and i can seem to install the drivers. Can anybody help?

A:Asus Motherboard P4S800D-X Audio Driver For SoundMAX

You go here:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Use the download shortcut at top left hand side and get the appropriate driver for your OS and then download and install.

I usually recommend:

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-p4s800d-x-audio-driver-for-soundmax.79608/
Relevancy 86.86%

Whenever I turn on the unit, I get a "New Hardware" message regarding "Mass Storage Controller"

How do I correct this ?

Looking on the driver downloads there is not one for this name.

A:Re: Satellite Pro U400-11V - Mass Storage Controller

It is strange. I mean when one certain hardware component is properly installed then is finished with installation.

One question: have you installed your own operating system or what? Fact is when Os is installed with Toshiba recovery image this message will not be shown.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?52546-Re-Satellite-Pro-U400-11V-Mass-Storage-Controller
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi to all, Im just a new bee hir, maybe you guys can help me on how to resolve my driver issue. i have a laptop.. it's Lg Xnote Ls40a. I downloaded it's old OS into new OS of win7, now There's some drivers issue arises. and i need to resolve it, luckily i manage to dowload few drivers, i only need to find the Mass storage Controller for my Lg ls40. but im not fortunate to find the drivers. please help me.. thanks in advance

A:need to find the Mass storage Controller for my Lg ls40

Quote: Originally Posted by hengskybet

Hi to all, Im just a new bee hir, maybe you guys can help me on how to resolve my driver issue. i have a laptop.. it's Lg Xnote Ls40a. I downloaded it's old OS into new OS of win7, now There's some drivers issue arises. and i need to resolve it, luckily i manage to dowload few drivers, i only need to find the Mass storage Controller for my Lg ls40. but im not fortunate to find the drivers. please help me.. thanks in advance

Hello hengskybet, welcome to the forum.

I think finding drivers on the net is going to be difficult do you have the driver CD that came with it?
You should try to install these Vista drivers in compatability mode and here is how; Compatibility Mode
I hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/162438-need-find-mass-storage-controller-my-lg-ls40.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Nearly completed a clean install thanks to Greg's tutorial; however, device manager shows the mass storage controller with a yellow sign. I cannot update driver via online option, and I cannot find on the pci database. Any help will be much appreciated.

Sony vaio fz38m

Todd

A:Mass storage controller sony vaio

Hi there .. Is your Card Reader missing from the Device Manager ? THe Link below has your Drivers

Sony : VGN-FZ38M updates | Download updates for VGN-FZ38M

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300757-mass-storage-controller-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 86.86%

have loaded windows 7 7000 on two test machines, desktop running fine. clean installs in both cases. toshiba satellite a200 runs faster than vista, better shutdown et al, but has a quality index of 2.0 due to driver not loading for mass storage controller, pci memory controller and one unnamed device under other devices.

tried loading the drivers for vista for mass storage controller and chipset under compatability mode which installed but not recognized by windows 7.

anyone with a toshiba laptop get their msc functioning? any ideas?

A:toshiba laptop mass storage controller

Did you have any windows updates for your hardware, make sure you have optional updates selected as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1528-toshiba-laptop-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello My father has purchased need mass regarding storage help controller the I vista windows a laptop a month ago or so and it runs windows vista I wanted to install windows xp on the laptop but as soon as the windows I need help regarding the windows vista mass storage controller xp cd started to load windows on the dos mode I recieved a message stating that my driver cannot be identified or something like that So I called the gateway tech support and they told me that this laptop has this message that i recieved because of their policy and that you are really not supposed to downgrade and all that nonsense However the technician also told me that it is possible to install the windows xp on my laptop and all I needed was something called MASS STORAGE CONTROLLER in order for the laptop to identify the hardrive or driver Would anyone be able to tell me how I can successfully install windows xp on my laptop so that I can be ready to use it for school soon Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-regarding-the-windows-vista-mass-storage-controller.604683/
Relevancy 86%

Computer Specs generic PIII Mhz MhzFSB Mb SDRAM On Microstar BX-Master motherboard using D-link ethernet Verizon DSL Matrox Millenium G dual monitor capable graphics card quot Envision monitor Peripherals Hitachi DVD Panasonic CDR and Panasonic CDRW GB Western Digital Hard Drive Operating system Win SE Problem I recently did my annual Fdisk maintenance and reloaded my operating system Upon reboot two problems developed First and most distressing is that my computer does not see my AGP port or recognize that there is an other Video adapter and mass controller storage problems than standard VGA video adapter in the computer I ve tried un and Video adapter and mass storage controller problems reinstalling the card by setting the display settings to svga removing and replacing the card on reboot to no avail The monitor is running out of the Matrox card and the motherboard has no built in video adapter - so the port is functional FDISKing would not have effected the graphics card would it Also - on inital reboot from Fdisk my C drive went into real mode drivers I checked for the noide value in the registry and ran the noide inf file in the win directory to rid them with no change on reboot I have a yellow exclamation point over the PCI IDE mass storage controller tab I m assuming that is referring to my Hard drive I have tried everything short of purchasing new compenents to check if my old ones are bad But the procedure for fdisking should not have caused any of this I don t think nbsp

A:Video adapter and mass storage controller problems

Hi dixon1
You may need to reinstall the IDE controller drivers that came with your motherboard. You should have them on a cd that came with the board. It might have an AGP driver listed there also. It may be better to check with the manufactures web site to see if there are new drivers for your board.

Have you run the install software that came with your matrix card?

[Edited by Lurker1 on 06-12-2001 at 11:41 AM]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-adapter-and-mass-storage-controller-problems.45945/
Relevancy 86%

this isn't my pc here's the mobo it's a asrock 939Dual-SATA2
ASRock > Products > 939Dual-SATA2

i installed win 7 for her & now the dvd drive will not show up in nothing my computer device manger nothing
& every time i try to install a driver for the mass storage controller it always says failed to install any help

im thinking the mass storage controller is the same issue with the dvd drive .?

also the only place it shows up is inside the bios

A:need help mass storage controller & dvd drive not showing up in win7

never mind guys i fixed it with driver max

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/233888-need-help-mass-storage-controller-dvd-drive-not-showing-up-win7.html
Relevancy 86%

HI ALL, IM A NEWIE TO THIS SORT OF THING AND I HAVE A SMALL DRAMA. i AM RUNNING AN ADVENT 7037 WI XP Pro AND AFTER SEARCHING HIGH AND LOW FOR ALL THE DRIVERS I LOST AFTER A MAJOR CRASH, I AM NOW MISSING JUST ONE. THE LAPTOP HAS A BUILT IN MMC READER, BUT IT IS NOT PICKING UP ANY CARDS...MY DEVICE MANAGER SAYS THAT THERE ARE NO DRIVERS INSTALLED ( MASS STORAGE DEVICE) I HAVE SEARCHED HIGH AND LOW BUT WI NO RESULTS..........ANY IDEAS.
puke:
CHEERS SCOTTYBOY

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mass-storage-controller-for-advent-7037-laptop.32636/
Relevancy 86%

Just re-installed xp. In device manager the yellow exclamation mark is beside the mass storage controller icon. How can i fix this?

A:Mass Storage Controller Error in Device Manager

You will have to find out what the device actually is and get the correct driver for it. Does this computer have a driver disk with the system? If so the driver will be on the disk. The only other way is to go to the computer Manufacturer's web site and locate the driver download section and get the driver there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mass-storage-controller-error-in-device-manager.474469/
Relevancy 86%

Upgraded to Vista Ultimate X64 from XP Home and have a problem that Vista is reporting to be a problem with the Texas Instruments PCI-xx21. I have a ! in "Other Devices" - Mass Storage Controller. I have tried Acers X64 driver as well as Compaq's and neither solves the problem. Needless to say that the card reader is not working.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
-Wired1

A:Acer Ferrari 4000 Mass Storage controller

Vista SP-1 cured the problem! I had to install from control panel as the setup.exe in the driver was stating that the processor wasn't compliant with the driver downloaded from Acer.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/183495-acer-ferrari-4000-mass-storage-controller.html
Relevancy 86%

I loaded Win 7 on a compaq presario v2000, which originally had win xp on it. Anyways windows 7 loaded fine, the only thing is that when I look in device manager, there is one entry called mass storage controller that has a yellow exclamation mark on it. I have uninstalled it and did a 'scan for hardware changes', and initially the computer says 'installing driver' but ends up saying 'device driver not installed successfully'. Where can I find this driver? Its not listed on the hp site for my computer.

There are two changes I made, and Im wondering if that is why I dont have a driver for the mass storage controller. First, the system originally had windows xp on it, and second, the processor is a 64 bit AMD turion and the operating system I installed is 32 bit.

If those arent what would cause the issue then I dont know why Im facing the problem. Helppppppppppppp

A:compaq presario v2000: mass storage controller

Does it say USB Mass Storage Controller, or just Mass Storage Controller?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378338/compaq-presario-v2000-mass-storage-controller/
Relevancy 85.14%

hi I am trying to i Bnstall win seven but i am facing problem of no drivers found I tried the latest mass pl when controller installing storage no download drivers found intel raid drivers no drivers found pl download mass storage controller when installing from intel site but it is not allowing further my no drivers found pl download mass storage controller when installing mother board is old intel desktop mother board d gav Kindly say which intel raid drivers i have to download for win seven even my pen drive is showing in bios but not the hard disk for which i need sata raid drivers I have tried so many drivers but the same result i checked the cable and power and it is working in all four sata ports i connected the cd drive data on all sata ports which are working I want to install win seven In service packone i think that this problem is not there i have enhanced settings enabled in bios which says that enabling sata and pata But i could not find the hard drive in the configuration settings If anybody has any clue to how to know the exact driver for my system precisely i want to know which f ply x zip to be downloaded for my motherboard

A:no drivers found pl download mass storage controller when installing

How are you installing Windows 7 ?

With a USB stick ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/366255-no-drivers-found-pl-download-mass-storage-controller-when-installing.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My recent windows 2000 installation lists two 'Mass Storage Controller' in device manager under Other Devices. When I delete them the OS just detects them again on reboot.

I've got two HDD's on one IDE channel that are listed properly, and I have a Sony CD-RW and an Asus CD on the second IDE that are both listed properly.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Kevin

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,

after win 8.1 installation in old Toshiba A200 - everything is ok except yellow question mark in "Mass storage controller" in device manager. As a result sd card reader is useless.

Have any idea which is the driver for Win 8.1?

A:Satellite A200 - Win 8.1 : Mass storage controller yellow question mark

Hi

Please don't understand me wrong but I hope that you know how old A200 is. Even newer machines are not supported for Win8.
So, I can understand that you want to use newest OS on this old piece of hardware and if most of the things work pretty well you should be satisfied.
In this situation when you use 8 years old machine designed for Vista and definitely not supported for Win8/Win8.1 ..... who cares about SD card reader. You know what I mean? ;)

Simply disable this device in device manager and be happy.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79870-Satellite-A200-Win-8-1-Mass-storage-controller-yellow-question-mark
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello searching around Google this forum has come up a few times now with threads about quot USB Mass Storage Device quot but I don't see a quot solution quot If I can quickly outline my problem and then if anyone needs full specs ask away and I'll provide I've got a Storage installation Mass USB Device new PC It has Vista Business x on it All works fine Or so I thought Using the USB slots at the front of the machine for things like card readers or headphones they do their job When I went to plug a memory stick into the computer I got an error about quot USB Mass Storage Device quot failing to install I tried other sticks Same problem I then tried some Maxtor external drives Same problem each time My iPod Video also hit the same thing A Lightscribe external DVD writer same thing Ok maybe it is a device driver so I uninstalled the device under Device Manager and scanned for new USB Mass Storage Device installation hardware same problem I deleted the USB controller - same problem I tried plugging each of these devices into the back of the computer in another USB slot They all worked faultlessly indeed the lightscribe is working away as I type this So the USB device driver seems to work - just not on that controller I found one thread that referenced C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository and looking to see if there are multiple entries like usbstor inf b b and others with different alphanum entries There are I have tried to point the driver install at different ones with no luck I'd really like to get the front USB ports working rather than having to crawl under the desk Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks I found that

A:USB Mass Storage Device installation

Not all usb ports work exactly the same ..."It's about power" ..

Try an UBS powered hub ...

There should be more than 1 port in the front ...?

Did you try all of them....?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246390-usb-mass-storage-device-installation.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Okay so, my laptop's system is unable to boot, so I just tried to format it since I have to do that for a very long time, and when it asked me in which partition I want to install windows there was nothing, although when I clicked "Load Driver" I could access the hard disk's files, the hard disk IS listed in the bios normally but windows does not recognize it, I tried using Kaspersky Rescue disk(the only CD I had along with the recovery disk)and when I used the File Manager, the hard disk still didn't show, are there any drivers I have to install?I have burned both fujitsu
9that's my laptop) and Seagate's websites and can't find anything, I have searched forums but the only answers were
"check if your hd is listen in bios".So, it IS listed in bios but I can't reinstall windows nor access it, any suggestions?

A:No drivers found. click load driver to provide a mass storage driver f

Nevermind, I sent my laptop to a technician and he told me I burnt the hard drive by destroying some cables while cleaning with compressed air.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/272700-no-drivers-found-click-load-driver-provide-mass-storage-driver-f.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey, I'm trying to install a new copy of Windows Vista on my desktop. I get this message "NO drives were found.Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installai" right after the installation step of "which type of installation do you want?" I select Custom because Upgrade isnt bold so i'm not allowed to click it.

I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s3713w
Sn:3CR847138P
64bit

A:NO drives were found.Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installai

Hi -

Is this your system? --> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...=3870526#N1740

If link does not work, paste this into web browser address bar -

Code:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3870526#N1740

I don't see XP listed as an OS for it. What OS came pre-installed?

Is the copy of Vista a full retail copy? If so, back up any files you need and wipe the HDD with KillDisk. Then try Vista installation again.

KillDisk --> http://jcgriff2.com/killdisk_imgburn.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-drives-were-found-click-load-driver-to-provide-a-mass-storage-driver-for-installai-493343.html
Relevancy 82.13%

emachine EL1200, AMD Athlon 64, Boxer 61 MB DA061L, 08120-1, 48.3V801.011. 2GB RAM, SATA HDD. Originally Win Vista but upgraded to Win 7 home premium 32 bit which worked ok. Problem - at boot up the following happens: verifying DMI pool data...update success, boot from CD, bootmgr is missing, press ctrl+alt+del to restart. inserted win 7 CD, installation progresses to stage where i get error message: no drives were found. click load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation. any healp well be highly appreciated. many thanks!!!

A:no drives were found. click load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installa

Is your drive listed in BIOS? It could be a hard drive failure. No drivers should be needed for Windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-drives-were-found-click-load-driver-to-provide-a-mass-storage-driver-for-installa.1029906/
Relevancy 81.7%

This is what I written down for Gigabyte Tech Zone but I don't want to wait a month or for the reply I used to driver needed Storage 1st Driver Mass loading - trouble have used Vista bit before with Hard Drives in Raid and I am trying to load Windows bit with just hard drive In the Bios I have disabled SATA RAID AHCI Mode amp changed Onboard SATA IDE Device to enabled amp changed Onboard SATA IDE Ctrl Mode to IDE On boot it finds the Hard Drive but when I install it gets trouble loading 1st driver needed - Mass Storage Driver to the Load Drivers section and when I scan or Browse for trouble loading 1st driver needed - Mass Storage Driver the drivers it doesn't find any drivers for it using all the Gigabyte drivers that are loaded on a USB thumb drive latest Gigabyte Windows drivers included I imagaine it is probably looking for the Intel ICH R ICH R Driver or Intel ICH R ICH R SATA RAID Driver or the Mass Storage Drivers and as there were no Windows available on Gigabyte I tried the Vista ones with no success Could you advise what is needed to get it running again Whether I missed something it the BIOS etc Thanks Drivers are loaded on a USB Thumb Drive but I did try a floppy disk at one stage but may not have had the correct drivers on the floppy drive The USB Thumb Drive had all Vista amp Windows Drivers available on Gigabyte Website on it Also if I use any of the Vista -bit drivers it comes up with the warning as follows To continue installation use the 'Load Driver' option to install -bit and signed -bit drivers Device Driver is not supported and might result in an unusable Windows installation I am just not sure what driver it is looking for as none of the new Windows drivers from Gigabyte website are useful Thanks OK I just found that it is looking for mass storage driver for installation and looking where i want to install it to It could be that the system is still looking for a RAID ARRAY drivers as I think in boot up it still says there is no drives for the RAID ARRAY but I am not sure as it is so fast I cant even pause it in time I did redo the RAID setup in the BIOS and then went into the RAID ARRAY setup and deleted the RAID setup there Then I tried to load the Mass storage Drivers again when installing Windows but still no luck This is basically as far as I can get and there is no Hard Drive like there is shown in this picture so this leads me to believe I need to still dispose of the RAID ARRAY setup from the previous Vista install in the BIOS possibly But I am not sure what to do as I thought I would just Disable RAID in the BIOS picture courtesy of Brink Administrator Windows SevenForum System Specs OS Window -bit CPU Intel LGA Ghz Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X -DQ Memory G Skill Mhz DDR Gb - x Gb Dual Channel Graphics Card ATI Sound Card Realtek ALC A codec Monitor Displays Dell quot LCD Screen Resolution x pixels Hard Drives Samsung Gb PSU Thermaltake w Does anyone have any ideas on what to do Thanks

A:trouble loading 1st driver needed - Mass Storage Driver

Can you not use the restore BIOS to default settings options then use the windows setup options to delete any possible boot partitions holding information regards booting raid 0 from your drives. You should then be able to install windows 7 normally and install your drivers once windows is installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/36538-trouble-loading-1st-driver-needed-mass-storage-driver.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My laptop tells me I need a driver for mass storage on my windows vista.But windows can't install it. Is there a way I can maually install it?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4829fb70-c457-4723-a1c5-912b15a23a9a/mass-storage-driver?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi , 

With recent upgrade of Windows 10 upgrade, my computer XPS 2710 totally black out.  I have been told that mother board is gone and have to replace. With the replacement Mother Board , I think I am required to re-install the Windows 8  and I think it will ask for a Product key , since it is a replacement mother board. Please advise, with the faulty motherboard, forced to replace the Motherboard. how will be go with the reinstallation of Windows 8.   With so many details in the forum about the faulty motherboard of XPS 2710 just because of the Windows 10 upgrade. I am planning to fall back to Window 8 with the replacement mother board, pleaser advise.

Regards,
Sathish.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19679535
Relevancy 80.41%

Went to Device Manager noticed USB controllers was opened and the USB mass storage device was highlighted Went in the properties this message was waiting for me Code Windows cannot use this device because it has been prepared for safe removal but has not been removed There is no device installed in any of the ports etc To fix the problem unplug device from computer What device and plug it in again All drivers are up to date as I checked them just now The driver is from the year and when asked if I wanted windows to check storage device mass driver? USB did so and found no new drivers Kasperski has a driver on it more updated but since it is not signed I guess it won t install it Did everything to USB mass storage device driver? try and install Kasperski s driver but to no avail Also did the check for solutions but got no where on line or off Anyway do use a g storage device but always use the uninstall mass storage device when removing Not a problem cause it does work with the device just wondering if you can uninstall it and reinstall the driver under driver details or the uninstall as soon as you click on the USB mass storage device Is this actually on the computer or is it the mass storage device USB mass storage device driver? I plug into the usb port nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Kingwin KH-525U-S enternal enclosure and my computer is running Window XP w/SP2. The computer does detect the device, but it does not install the driver for it. According to the manufacture, there is no manual driver installation required under Window 2000 or XP. This enclosure works fine under Window 98. My question is how to install the Windows Mass Storage Class driver under WIndow XP? And how to install the USB Mass Storage Device driver?

Thank you in advance for all your assistance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mass-storage-class-driver-for-xp.326118/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Toshiba Protege m with Vista Business running on it having some serious issues and I need help I went to do a system restore to an earlier point and it was taking way longer than usual I left it going and came back to it and it seemed stalled I gave it more time and it still did not restore The computer Storage Mass Issues Driver wouldn t shut off so I removed the battery and unplug it Then I started the computer back up I got an error screen saying that the computer couldn t boot I Mass Storage Driver Issues can get to the boot selection screen I can get into the BIOS and it is all fine there and it can recognize the HD I can boot from disk and load up a windows install screen When it gets to that point and windows tries to find a partition to install too it gives me an error message saying that it cannot load mass storage drivers What do I do to fix this I can t seem to find any answers and any drivers I hunt down don t seem to be the right ones Thanks Nate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mass-storage-driver-issues.948549/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello.
I do have a problem with Mass storage device usb driver and precisely with an iPod Classic 80Go.I tried everything but I always have the problem only on my computer;It detects the iPod as an amovible disk but iTunes doesn't detect it and its content is unreachable.

A:Mass storage device usb driver

Try reinstalling iTunes since iPod drivers come with iTunes, It may not be properly installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/248948-mass-storage-device-usb-driver.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello

I need a Mass Storage Driver to copy my old computer to a new computer, via Acronis True Image.

The new computer is made to order by Cyberpower.

The drive is WD 1 TB CAVIAR BLUE SATA III 6.0 GB/7200 RPM.

The board is ASUS P8Z77-V LK 277.

Thank you.

A:Mass Storage Driver Needed

download from here:
ASUS - - ASUS P8Z77-V LK

As the ASUS P8Z77-V LK has a uEFI/BIOS firmware.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with
or
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/277907-mass-storage-driver-needed.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have an Acer 5670 with and Intel mobile 945 chiipset

I just upgraded it to windows 7.
everything is going smoothly except for the mass storage driver. I cannot find the driver anywhere.

the issue this is causing me is that i cannot see my second partition witch has all my files on it.

please help me locate this driver. I have already downloaded the Intel chipset driver for the board but i guess it does not contain the SATA mass storage controller driver.

A:Acer 5670 mass storage driver for win 7

Download your drivers from here:

Acer Europe - Service & Support, Drivers & Utilities, Downloads, Notebook, Aspire 5670

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/92719-acer-5670-mass-storage-driver-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Recently i have bought a new brand new computer and installed windows bit on it It works perfectly fine until recently when I wanted to use my old external HDD AH S but it seems it cant install something installed? driver storage cant be device* *Mass A little note pops up saying that there is a new device detected and suggests installing the driver needed for it so I just wait But after it tries to install a little red X marker indicates it hasnt installed properly Then I check out whats wrong seems to be a Code faulty digital signature So I have tried to uninstall *Mass storage device* driver cant be installed? the ghost driver from device manager and re-install a couple of times still no luck I have also tried *Mass storage device* driver cant be installed? different usb cables *Mass storage device* driver cant be installed? I also tried deleting INFCACHE still no luck so after all that I finally tried using different devices I used a flash drive from my phone and also tried my PSP system they all fail to install I also ran in safe mode and tried to open my HDD but all it does is try to install again but then it just fails again There is nothing wrong with my devices since I had a windows XP computer wich opened all these perfectly fine I am kind of lost what to do here any suggestions EDIT Forgot to mention that none of these devices actually need a driver

A:*Mass storage device* driver cant be installed?

Yeah, that is an iffy one. Maybe this can help: http://www.windowsanswers.net/articles/fix-code52?tid=code52goog

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198021-mass-storage-device-driver-cant-installed.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello I'm new to this forum and could really use some help I have just bought a new Mass Driver Storage Missing Device Blackberry Torch smartphone and when I connect it to my Toshiba C Laptop computer operating Windows using the Blackberry Desktop software the computer recognizes the phone is connected but I cannot import media from my phone to the computer I spoke Missing Mass Storage Device Driver with Blackberry Tech support for hours who tried to find the Mass Storage Device driver and was unable to locate it Here is a copy of his email to me Hello Dana Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support I am following up on case number INC which is currently open In regards Missing Mass Storage Device Driver to your issue with your BlackBerry's media card not being detected on your Windows Toshiba laptop we will need Toshiba to resolve an issue with your Mass Storage driver missing from your Missing Mass Storage Device Driver computer The BlackBerry torch uses standard windows drivers known as a quot Mass Storage Device quot In our efforts to find this driver manually in your system we have found that it is missing in your driver libraries While this may not effect any previous device that might currently have a Mass Storage driver in use because they are already installed this will effect any device that may need the driver reinstalled Such as your other BlackBerry Their are several forums with your laptop model having issues with various products usb drives external hard drives etc in relation to the product not being able to install due to the Mass Storage Driver that is missing from Windows We have tested on your Windows XP computer and it was able to detect and use your new phone with out an issue The Mass Storage Device was able to install without an issue Because the Mass Storage Drivers are included with Windows they are not included with our software download In order to resolve this issue you will need Toshiba to either install the missing Mass Storage Device driver or they will need to repair Windows If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact us Thank you again for contacting us Sincerely Ken BlackBerry Customer Support Research In Motion Limited I spoke with Toshiba who tells me that because it is a software issue I should speak to Microsoft I called Microsoft and they tell me that because the serial number of my software contains quot OEM quot then it is a toshiba issue Except for Blackberry trying to help I have found nothing but walls Can someone help PS When I try to connect my Sony Walkman MP player the computer wont recognize that it is connected Thanks

A:Missing Mass Storage Device Driver

Sounds odd to me, but the first place I would start would be to download the chipset drivers for your computer, unzip them into a folder, and when asked where the driver is, point it to that folder...

Windows 7 will search through all the subfolders thoroughly for a driver... Hopefully it's in there...

If not, go to device manager, select the device that doesn't have the driver (mass storage...) and double click, or right click and select properties.....

Go to the details tab, and under hardware id's or under parent, look for the vendor & device ID's and copy them exactly for us to see what the device is...

It'll look something like this: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A39&SUBSYS_3A398086&REV_00\3&2411e6fe&2&D2
GL

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/198594-missing-mass-storage-device-driver.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi folks I recently received a Western Digital GB Passport drive http www wdc com en products Products asp DriveID When I plug it into my computer running Vista Ultimate Windows doesn't automatically identify the necessary drivers I end up with an quot Unknown Device quot for which Vista can find no drivers I have successfully attached it to my brother's Alienware laptop running Vista Home Premium and it instantly recognizes Storage Driver (INFCACHE.1) Problem USB Mass it and installs the necessary drivers which are found in c windows system USB Mass Storage Driver Problem (INFCACHE.1) drivers I've also had the same success on my sister's Vaio running Vista I'm not sure which version I don't think it's Ultimate My version of Windows has the exact same driver files as listed on their computers but even when I point the USB Mass Storage Driver Problem (INFCACHE.1) driver wizard to the c windows system drivers folder it is unable to find them I read a couple of reports that indicated this is a problem with the INFCACHE file found in c windows inf -- http wdc custhelp com cgi-bin wdc i amp p topview as well as http www texxors com ho -a-new-device -- however I've attempted this fix about a dozen times without any success At first I deleted INFCACHE and Vista didn't regenerate it when I reinstalled another working USB device I tried several including my Viewsonic built-in monitor webcam and my keyboard I found a fix on Microsoft's support site for this http support microsoft com kb en-us After installing the hotfix INFCACHE would regenerate successfully and I tried the method described in the two links above Nothing seemed to change how Windows recognized my drive I tried deleting it and restarting I tried deleting it and regenerating it with a different device about six times consecutively and I tried deleting it and just plugging the drive in I also tried installing this hotfix since it addressed a number of other USB problems http support microsoft com kb en-us That also didn't seem to help Does anyone have any other ideas It seems like Ultimate might be the problem since the drive has worked on two Vista PCs that didn't have Ultimate But I don't know what part of Ultimate could be causing the problem or if it has nothing to do with the version of Vista

A:USB Mass Storage Driver Problem (INFCACHE.1)

Hmm... it seems like the only thing that will really solve this is a reinstall of Vista. That's about the last thing I want to do.

Also, since I have a Vista Upgrade CD but not my original XP CD, will I even be able to reinstall?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-mass-storage-driver-problem-infcache-1-a-207741.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I recently bought a new ipod and my laptop was not finding it, so i searched for an anwer and was told to uninstall the apple usb driver and the usb mass storage device, then plug it in. It worked at first, but now both drivers are gone and two have some yellow triangles by them,and when i try to update the drivers it says something about a code 39. How do i get back the 2 missing drivers and fix the code 39's. I have no idea what to do (im not very good with computers). Someone please help!

A:Missing USB Mass Storage Device driver

Hello Clueless96, welcome to the forum

Try this, take your time and work through it line for line, it is not as hard as you may first think;
General USB problems
After a USB device is installed and then removed Windows hides the driver this first part makes all hidden drivers visible.
Remove all USB devices
Click on start orb, Type Advanced System settings in the search box and click to go there.
Click on Advanced tab, Click on Enviroment Variables.
Under the window System variables click on New.
Type " devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices" (without the ") as the variable name and type 1 as the value.
Click ok 3 times to close the windows
Click on start orb, Type Device Manager in the search box and click to go there.
Click on View, Click on Show hidden devices.
Now you can uninstall all old and unknown USB devices. I think it will be best if you uninstall all USB devices
The infcache.1 file is used to store information about USB drivers, the information in this file may have become corrupted or may cause windows to load the wrong driver or cause a driver not found message to be generated.
Deleting this file will force windows to generate a new infcache.1 file
Right click on the start orb and select Windows Explorer,
Select Computer in the address bar and search for infcache.1
Right click on the file infcache.1 (if you have more instances of Windows installed only do this for infcache.1 C:\Windows\System32\Driver Store)
Click on properties, Click on security tab, Click on Edit, Click on Add
Type Administrators In the window with the blinking cursor, Click OK
Place a tick in the box under allow to the right of Full Control, Click Apply, Yes and OK
Delete the infcache.1 file
Connect a USB device, but not the one you were having trouble with to make a new infcache .1
New Start the PC and try your device again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/163777-missing-usb-mass-storage-device-driver.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Ooops, accidentently marked last post solved.
I am having a difficult time with my Seagare 320gb Fee Agent
After a recent power failure the USB Mass Storage showed a Code 10 error in the dreaded yellow driver spot in Device Manager. Since then I have tried the usual fixes to get it to work. I have uninstalled all the usb drivers and rebooted. Then the USB Mass Storage does not reappear. I haved rebooted in safe mode to no success.
Purchased Driver Genius online , installed, updated all drivers, rebooted and still no luck.
Restored to an earlier system restore, no luck. Brought up to date with all system updates, rebooted, and still no luck.
It Unit does work on my other 2 laptops, but want it to work on Emachines Desktop
The fix did work once and the driver did install, but it was yellowed out with a Code 10 error. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks

Relevancy 79.55%

usb mass storage device driver for a XP code 39is this something one can download or hardware one needs pick-up at a computer store?if it is something one can download, where does one go to retrieve?also what ever needs to be done, would one still be able to keep all info on ones computer?

A:usb mass storage device driver XP code 39

Are you having issues with anything related to USB?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382359/usb-mass-storage-device-driver-xp-code-39/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

I already have a 400GB USB external drive which I installed 6 months ago, and a 2GB USB flash drive; these installed and worked fine.

Today I purchased a new 500GB external USB mass storage device which is detected by Windows XP (SP2). But searching for the driver (both windows drivers and driver cd) cannot be found.

I tried my friends external USB mass storage device, and a few flash drives, but the same problem arrises. Yet my previous drives (which installed approx 6 months ago) are still recognized and work fine.

If you could help me with this problem, it would be most appreciated.

Relevancy 79.55%

I have an HP G60 440US notebook, It has vista premium edition.I am trying to upgrade it to windows 7. The issue i am having is when 7 wants to start the install a box pops up and reads some think like Mass storage driver not installed. How is this fixed so i can finish installing 7 on my notebook?

A:Hp notebook g60 440us mass storage driver

You'll have to go HERE and download the drivers for the HP device. Select Windows 7, 32 bit or 64 bit operating system depending on which one you have.

Welcome to TSG JustRob.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-notebook-g60-440us-mass-storage-driver.1044578/
Relevancy 79.55%

USB Mass Storage Driver not getting installed.
1. Operating System : XP, SP2
2. USB drive functioning well with other applications
3. Mass storage device - Memorex Travel drive works well with Other Windows XP PCs.

Only this pc, when I plugin the USB storage pen drive, in my computer -> Device manager - > USB controller-> I see "yellow diamond abd black exclamation".

I tried uninstall from the driver-manager, and then, plug-in the device,
it installs and seems like it detected and installed the driver files, but at the end, it failed saying "error occured during installation of device - Access is denied"

Any help?

A:USB Mass Storage Driver not getting installed in my Windows XP - SP2

usb stroage drive doesnot support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-mass-storage-driver-not-getting-installed-in-my-windows-xp-sp2-283323.html