Windows Support Forum

Help! Semi new build, No post, no power to keyboard, no display

Q: Help! Semi new build, No post, no power to keyboard, no display

Hey everyone!semi new build(upgraded mobo), after installing everything, the pc will not post, I am not getting any power to the keyboard/mouse and the psu fan as well as other fans seem to be running kind of sluggish. Previously I had an issue where the hdd light would stay constant however that was solved with reseating the cpu a few times and resetting the cmos.specs are found here: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/ccjfsYAlso, previous motherboard fried after plugging in earphones to front header. Could the psu have gone as well? Tested the new mobo today with known working ram and graphics card to no avail, so I have ruled those out.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help! Semi new build, No post, no power to keyboard, no display

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help! Semi new build, No post, no power to keyboard, no display

Nickdangelo6, This is not a direct answer to your problem with you new build. Instead, I am going to talk about how to approach your vendor and ask for help with doing return on an item the did not work ever.Just tell the vendor that you have worked with personal computers parts before and you have friends that advice you. Tell them you were very careful when putting things together and used only compatible things.Do not mention anything that might even suggest you did anything wrong. Because you did not do anything wrong.Be polite and talk in a manner that shows you are confident and want the vendor to arrange for a way to replace the bad board.I do hope that will help you.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,155953.0.html
Relevancy 68.8%

It s been three years since computer build powers no on, up/stays but New display/post/bios I built a New computer build powers up/stays on, but no display/post/bios new comp Serial ata PCI-e dual channel ram and pin mainboard connections were foreign Having everything sic connected my new puter powers up runs without complaint left it on for five minutes or so and manually shut it back off but nothing comes to my moniter ie it stays orange yellowish in sleep mode instead of green for an active connection There are also no beep codes Specs Antec Smart Power w Asus A N X Athlon GB stick of G Skill Evga GT That s just what I m trying to get it to bootup display Post with I ve also x GB G Skill stick g Western Digital NEC DVD Burner Which remain disconnected unattached for the sake of my sanity Every fan case mobo cpu gpu runs the motherboard and front panel LEDs lightup fine There is New computer build powers up/stays on, but no display/post/bios no restart shutdown of the system at all The soft hard resets work perfectly New computer build powers up/stays on, but no display/post/bios CMOS is has been also set to default Both of the moniters I ve tried to hookup to the are Analog Viewsonic CRT Dell LCD and the only has DVI outs Thusly I ve used the pack-in DVI - RGB connectors If there s a problem with displaying the inital bios using those and not straight digital I ve not come across it on websearches The only other thing that I ve read about was the v rail needing ample ampage My Antec allows for a on V and a on V With the card s fan powering up and staying on I had somewhat ruled that out Lastly I ve tried the single stick of ram in each slot The A N X supposedly goes A -B A -B for dual channel so now the g stick sits in the first A slot Mucho thanks in advance to any help suggestion troubleshoots hopefully it s just an ignorant mistake on my end No F E A R Oblivion for yet awhile more it seems nbsp

A:New computer build powers up/stays on, but no display/post/bios

Looks like you'll have a real nice system once you get it up and running!

Couple of questions:

1. Do you have both of the power connections to the motherboard? There should be two, the 24 pin and the 4pin.
2. Do you have the power connection going to your graphics card? Most newer cards (but not all) require a 4pin molex connection from the PSU directly to the card.
3. Did you hook up the case's speaker? It would have been one of those tiny annoying to connect wires (assuming your case has a speaker - they are very small and hard to find). If your case has a speaker, this is very useful. The beep codes may tell us what is wrong.
4. Did you use the riser pins into the case's screwholes (under your motherboard) before you installed the motherboard into your case? (some cases have the riser pins pre-installed for you, some don't).
5. What speed ram are you trying to use? Do you have a different make of ram you can test in there?

Also, take a look at the LED lights on the motherboard and see what color they are both before and after you hit the power button.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-build-powers-up-stays-on-but-no-display-post-bios.48185/
Relevancy 66.65%

First off let me say Hi and let it be known that I ve searched the web far and wide for answers to my problem but to no avail About two weeks ago my fianc ordered some computer parts in attempt to construct a new PC to replace my piece of rubbish that was hanging on to its life by a piece of tape Literally He s put computers together for a living before and he s a game developer graduate with a love for computers so he knows what he s doing but I don t He did everything I touched nothing but watched Here are the parts which arrived last Monday and Tuesday respectively XCLIO A BK Black Case CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR AMD Athlon X GHz AM Processor Sunbeam PSU-HUSH -US-BL W Power Supply ASUS M A -EMH HDMI AM AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Rosewill RCX-Z CPU Cooler Arctic Silver Ceramique Thermal Compound I used my same ol Gb harddrive which worked fine just days before I received the parts so I know that works perfectly well Everything was smoothly put together PC POST/display/etc. Custom-built gets power but no and powered up like clockwork Eager to get started installing Windows XP we hooked it up to my monitor Powered up and everything seemed good to go fans worked mobo light worked dvd drive worked led lights came on harddrive spun up but absolutely no display Custom-built PC gets power but no POST/display/etc. hit that monitor nor did we hear any beeps To diagnose we tried the following - With and without RAM - With different RAM - With videocard plugged in and with the onboard video card just plugged in - Tried removing and reseating the videocard - Tried removing and reseating the mobo onto the antistatic wrapping as a last resort mostly - Shoved a windows XP disc in to see if it d boot from that No dice - Tried hooking it up to his working monitor - Reset the CMOS bios battery and such No dice there either There s probably more but I can t think of exactly what at Custom-built PC gets power but no POST/display/etc. the moment Feel free to toss ideas However we re sending the motherboard back tomorrow and ordering a new one either at the end of this week or on Monday most likely So my question is does anybody know if our assumption is correct We re pretty sure it s the motherboard but not positive There s no other compatible machines to work with for diagnostics apart from his Alienware which is no way in hell getting taken apart for me to mess with so Another thing to note is that when plugged directly into the back of the PC no keyboard lights came on either Thanks ahead of time I m trying to find some reassurance or redirection on the matter Hopefully this matter won t stump you as much as it s stumped he and I and a few tech-savvy friends even nbsp

A:Custom-built PC gets power but no POST/display/etc.

Did we either wipe the HDD, or try booting without it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-built-pc-gets-power-but-no-post-display-etc.107216/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I m sorry if this is probably one of the longest posts to be posted on their forum but I need to explain the more information that I provide the clearer the picture is power or no post with Solved: mobo display New for everybody to read It s true what they say for every new rig you build no two are the same and they are unique with their own problems sent to task our brains to the limit This is build I don t Solved: New mobo with power no post or display know I have lost count over the years it could be I don t know but I ve run into a problem and I need a fresh pair of eyes to look over my trouble shooting and see if there is anything that I have missed Personally I think I ve been sold a duff mobo and I am really p d it s not the suppliers fault they didn t know they had sold me a duff mobo no more than I did not until I installed it along with other hardware Throughout this build I was waring an anti static wrist strap and was earthed at all times because all you need is a small spark of static electricity from your body and you an ruin a processor and mobo Rig Spec All the hardware is New NZXT Phantom white case ASUS Crosshair Formula Thunderbolt FX Chipset AMD -Core Black Edition GHz AM Arctic Cooling Freezer Corsair XMS GHz DDR Sapphire HD Toxic OC Edition Sapphire HD Toxic OD Edition Seagate Barracuda GB SATA Seagate Barracuda GB SATA Seagate Barracuda TB SATA OCZ ZX Series PSU COLD Certified W KWClick to expand Description of problem I started the build over the weekend and everything went very well because I started a bit late in the day I decided to leave the inaugural power-up on Sunday which I did I turned on the power and the motherboard lit up and the Start button and O C was lit up so all was well Then came the devastating silence of no POST with a blank screen So I thought Okay I m not worried because turning on a new system for the first time is like turning over an engine for the first time you get teething problems that you have to resolve and fix So I Cleared CMOS and tried again waiting for the post and beep and again nothing Please find below diagnostic tests that I ve carried out myself to try and resolve this matter Diagnostic Tests on new rig Diag Test Cleared CMOS but pressing the CLR Switch which is located at the rear of the motherboard Diag Results Rebooted after clearing CMOS and still no post and no beep Diag Test Powered off removed PSU power cable and then moved CLR CMOS jumper from - to - for seconds and then moved the jumper back to - default position Diag Results Rebooted after clearing CMOS and still no post and no beep Diag Test Turned off the system removed PSU power cable and then removed in series different hardware connected to the motherboard Removed memory modules and tested them in series left to right and right to left in module A and module B Removed VGA cards and tested them in series of - from top to bottom with bother VGA cards Removed and reseated CPU Checked over the CPU with a high powered LED magnifying glass could not find any faults Removed the HDD and tested them in series and individual connections Removed mobo battery and replaced with a new battery Disconnected all fans and none essentials Cleared CMOS again Diag Results Rebooted after removing and replacing all of the above in a series of swapping and changing hardware and clearing CMOS before each reboot and still no post and no beep Diag Test Took the mobo and PSU including all hardware connected to the mobo out of the case just in case there was a short being caused across the mobo somewhere I needed to eliminate the case as the cause of the problem I placed the mobo on cardboard because cardboard in none conductive but I placed an anti static bag underneath the cardboard just in case Diag Results Connected everything to the mobo and rebooted using the Start switch at the base of the mobo which is very handy Cleared CMOS with the switch at the rear of the mobo and restarted and still the same No post or beep Di... Read more

A:Solved: New mobo with power no post or display

The Asus Uk site says you need Bios version 0705 or later to use the FX-6100 Cpu.

There have been 4 Bios versions, 0404, 0506, 0705 and the latest 0813.

So I think you are probably correct and your Bios is too old for that Cpu.
Unfortunately I don't know of any way you can find out what Bios you have now if the PC won't POST.
So I think your plan of buying a cheap compatible Cpu and then flashing the Bios is your best bet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-mobo-with-power-no-post-or-display.1023859/
Relevancy 65.36%

Problem description I built my turn - power, Computer POST, off can't keyboard flashing lights computer in January When it is turned on there is a blue light on the front panel next to Computer can't POST, turn off - flashing power, keyboard lights the power button that burns Computer can't POST, turn off - flashing power, keyboard lights steadily Computer can't POST, turn off - flashing power, keyboard lights Case is from Cooler Master Most nights I turn my computer off when I go to bed Sometimes though I don t and leave it running all night The longest I ve ever had it on non-stop is probably about hours After about minutes my monitor goes on standby and switches off It wakes up and returns to desktop when I press a button or move the mouse Last night I kept it on It had been off the previous night so it was probably now running for about hours When I returned to it this morning I moved the mouse and pressed some buttons and nothing happened I tried turning the monitor on and off but it remained on standby So I decided to restart the computer I pressed the restart button on the front panel but nothing happened I held down the main power button for seconds and nothing happened At this point I noticed that the blue light was flashing instead of steadily burning The only way I could turn it off was by turning off the psu power button at the back I can not get the POST screen to appear In summary I can not get my computer to boot up when I turn it on I can only turn it off by disconnecting the power When I press the power button the blue light flashes and the numlock capslock and third light on my keyboard flash as well The monitor does not turn on and there are no beeps emitted by the machine The DVD tray does not respond to the eject button The only thing that occurs are that the psu fan graphics card fan processor fan and case fan all engage but the volume of the noise they make pulsates in rhythm to the flashing lights The fan for the graphics card takes a while to get going stopping a couple of times at first Additionally a green LED on the bottom right hand of the mobo labled SB PWR lights up whenever the psu power switch is turned on Attempted fixes Cleaned dust out of the internal components and double checked all connectors are secure Removed the power cord and pressed the power button for seconds Exchanged the external power cord and internal power cord for the graphics card with spare ones Unplugged all hardware and disconnected all components from the mobo apart from graphics card psu and monitor Removed RAM sticks cleaned slots and swapped them around tried only using RAM stick Removed the mobo from from the case and repeated Removied the CMOS battery from the board and used the reset jumpers to clear the BIOS settings All to no avail Exact same problem persists Recent changes The only change I made the day before the computer stopped functioning was that I accessed msconfig and stopped it from disabling any startup processes by selecting Enable All I restarted the computer It worked fine -- Specs Operating system Windows XP Home -bit System specs Processor Intel Core Duo E Motherboard Asus P B Graphics card Nvidia XFX GeForce GTS Memory x elixir GB Power supply Cooler Master Real Power M Total output W Hard drive Seagate Barracuda GB I have read the No POST tutorial Googling the problem has led me to suspect that my psu might be broken somehow but otherwise I have no clue how to test it Could anyone give me some advice for what to do next nbsp

A:Computer can't POST, turn off - flashing power, keyboard lights

Do you have a multimeter or a friend that does so you can test the power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-cant-post-turn-off-flashing-power-keyboard-lights.152017/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have just finished a clean install of Win 7 Ult X64 on a SSD. The hardware was in another case and I built one with it in a new case for my wife.
Hibernation disabled, page file set to max of 1536MB, and User Files on a separate HDD. Fairly small space for Win 7.

A:Semi-new build.

Nice! That is small. What is your HD Wei score?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/208634-semi-new-build.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hey
well i am new to this lark, but i decided to build a pc without knowing really what i was getting myself into

okay, so i haven't got it working as of yet, no power to keyboard or mouse, both usb, and no output to monitor. lights and fans all come on though? so that means there must be some power?

i have removed everything but the mobo, psu, cpu and screen/mouse.
also, have 2 processors and it doesn't work with either
the motherboard was sent back to the supplier to check for faults but it works fine apparently.
No video cards or anything like that.

I'm at a bit of a loss really

like i said i haven't even got it working yet!

help much appreciated

jamie x

A:Newbie PC build no power to keyboard/mouse, no output to monitor

complete specs would be nice; it would give us an idea of what hardware you're using. it could be something as simple as an underpowered PSU or faulty RAM. make sure the processor is seated correctly and that the memory sticks are properly clipped into place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newbie-pc-build-no-power-to-keyboard-mouse-no-output-to-monitor.157498/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm upgrading everything in my current system except for the video card, power supply and hard drive, so it's relatively a new build. I've researched and looked at countless amounts of info on the following parts, but I just need a second opinion on my selected parts. Is there something I could change that might give me more performance for the same value? Or am I buying incompatible parts? Oh, and I should mention that this is a really budget system for gaming.

NEW parts:
Bitfenix Shinobi white window
ASUS M5A97 EVO
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis
LGGH24LS70 24X SATA Lightscribe DVDRW

Old, going to be installed parts:

ASUS Radeon 5670 1gb
Coolermaster 700w eXtreme Power Plus
313GB Western Digital WDC HDD

Thanks in advance

A:Solved: Semi New Build looking okay?

I don't see any compatiblility issues there.
The memory runs at 1.65 volts,so you may need to set
that manually in the bios when you first boot it up.
The motherboard has a 275 watt voltage regulator
which should handle that processor or any compatible
Processor easily.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-semi-new-build-looking-okay.1022543/
Relevancy 63.21%

OK so I have been building XP boxes for ever and now I just finished my first W X build I am getting the BSOD randomly and my gut is thinking it is the video card don't have a real reason to suspect it just my gut Any hoo here is my system MB GIGABYTE GA-P New Crash...semi W7 Build NOOB A-UD LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard CPU Intel Core i - Lynnfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor BX I RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL VIDEO MSI N GTX CYCLONE GD OC GeForce GTX Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI W7 New Build Crash...semi NOOB Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card HD Western Digital VelociRaptor WD HLFS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Optical Drive ASUS DRW- B W7 New Build Crash...semi NOOB ST BLK B AS Black SATA X DVD Burner Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Case COOLER MASTER HAF I have attached the files as requested in this thread W7 New Build Crash...semi NOOB http www sevenforums com crashes-d tructions html I am really at a loss and need this machine sorted so I can use it to finish a big project at work Thanks again Steve

A:W7 New Build Crash...semi NOOB

Forgot to mention. This is a brand new install and build of a W7 X64 Enterprise edition. Seems I am getting the BSOD when I do some directX viewing, and I got a random IE8 lockup..but it corrected on it's own after about 20 seconds.

Thanks again guys...looking forward to seeing what the log files have to say.

Best

Steve

Forgot to add that I got the BSOD on 2 occasions with a fresh boot and playing with the screen saver settings...thus my video card concerns. It's 11PM here and I am going home for the night...hope to get some good replys in the morning

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124009-w7-new-build-crash-semi-noob.html
Relevancy 63.21%

So after 4 years my build keeled over. I bought a HP 4-5 years ago while in college for school work. Came with a dual core athlon, 4 gb ram, and onboard graphics.

About a year after, upgraded the CPU to a phenom II x4 850 quad. Added SSD as boot drive, 16 gb g skill ripsaw ram, and a geforce 650 ti. Only thing left stock was mobo and case. Win 10 ran beautifully.

Stock mobo finally gave out. I'm assuming mobo because it started sounding funny. Them one morning I powered up and it just beeped. Reboot got to hp bios screen, froze. It was just a cycle, but could never get past bios.

So I guess I'll salvage everything and throw them into a new mobo. What's nice is this new one will support fx 8 core when I'm tired of this phenom quad.

A:Semi custom build died

How do you know for sure it's the motherboard? You didn't mention upgrading the PSU. What's your PSU?

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/24207-semi-custom-build-died.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I built this rig a few months ago no problems really As of last week or so random BSODs without error lines Just creates a dump and restarts What I got off my memory dump Bugcheck Analysis WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR A fatal hardware error has occurred Parameter identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error Parameter holds the address of theWHEA ERROR RECORD structure that describes the error conditon Arguments Arg Machine Check ExceptionArg fffffa ef Address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure Arg be High order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Arg a Low order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Debugging Details ------------------GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC Debugger could not find nt in module list module list might be corrupt error x GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC ReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded new build? Random BSOD semi with firstReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstGetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD Unable Random BSOD with semi new build? to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context Random BSOD with semi new build? NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC GetContextState failed xD GetContextState failed xD ReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstReadControl failed - kernel symbols must be loaded firstDEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULTBUGCHECK STR x STACK TEXT GetContextState failed xD Unable to get current machine context NTSTATUS xC STACK COMMAND kbSYMBOL NAME ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVEFOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwnerMODULE NAME Unknown Module... Read more

A:Random BSOD with semi new build?

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.Also, please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424578/random-bsod-with-semi-new-build/
Relevancy 62.35%

hiya i just found out about this site last night and the members here seem very knowledgable and willing to help so i thought id give it a shot The problem the computer takes around two minutes before it will P O Doesnt post, to down, semi-freezes 2+ minutes shut S T and the first few seconds after i power it on the monitor displays an image that says the monitor isnt connected to the computer again this goes away after a few seconds once the computer gets to windows it works fine but then eventually its almost like explorer stops functioning - for example i will open the C hard drive from my computer and the the box is empty not listing any files the start bar windows navigator pane at the bottom stops working responding i will be able to alt tab to switch to different applications but i wont be able to use the start bar at the bottom to switch sometimes programs wont even start up when i double click them so after this happens i usually decide to put in some emo music Doesnt shut down, 2+ minutes to post, semi-freezes and then cut my wrists for a few minutes until i try to reboot the computer or shut it down but of course that will just hang at the screen where it says quot windows is shutting down quot and wont progress from there i end up hitting the reset button on the tower to force a reboot and then go thru the whole minute to post ordeal again however the computer usually runs great until something triggers the downfall im not sure what i dont think its a heat problem the motherboard temp is always around C cpu about C and the GPU around C when gaming idles around C so definitely doesnt seem like a temperature problem like an i tried to flash the bios thru the asus bios update program that came with my mobo but im not sure if that was a smart idea since it cant even reboot properly the bios shows the correct date now so hopefully it worked last night i re-sat my memory sound card and pci-e card but to no avail so basically im hoping people may have some suggestions that i could try thanks in advance My computer s stats Asus a -r mvp deluxe ati xpress motherboard Corsair TWINX - C GB Kit DDR XMS Memory AMD Athlon Processor ClawHammer Socket COOLMAX CTG- ATX V W Power Supply Vac Razer usb mouse old logitech elite usb keyboard ide hard drive sata hard drive Edit forgot to mention drivers are all up to date with exception of sound card which i may try to acquire today dialup lol also when i power on the computer before it posts the cd-rom makes clicking noises like its trying to read a disc but there is never a disc in there when i power on i disconnected the cd rom ide cable and power cable but that didnt stop the problem right now i am working on systematically swapping parts out to try to pin point the problem if possible so far ive tried using only stick of ram instead of and tried both in the same slot that the motherboard manual recommends for using only one stick tried disconnecting the sata hard drive cable and power from the mobo as well using the ide hard drive instead will try the other way around to see if maybe the ide hard drive is at fault im really hoping its not a gpu or mobo problem nbsp

A:Doesnt shut down, 2+ minutes to post, semi-freezes

probably going to try a reformat and clean install of windows later today. i guess that would rule out some faulty data on the hard drive, or at least i hope it would.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/doesnt-shut-down-2-minutes-to-post-semi-freezes.66284/
Relevancy 60.2%

My yo son s desktop PC Windows crashed last night with a Black Screen of Death but the real problem is his keyboard is semi-unresponsive HELP BlSoD semi and is keyboard unresponsive - too He was streaming N tfl x when it crashed and gave a black screen with blinking cursor No keystrokes had any result CTL ALT DEL had no result quot Caps Lock quot key wouldn t even get the Caps indicator to light up Same with quot Number Lock quot He did a hard reboot shut down and restart with the power button and got the BlSoD and keyboard is semi unresponsive - HELP same screen and the same lack of keyboard activity Another hard reboot with F did have some affect and here my info is sketchy as I ve never done an F restart and am unfamiliar with what you get and what you do so I didn t know the questions to ask to get BlSoD and keyboard is semi unresponsive - HELP more info He says he was able to navigate the menu with the arrow keys but was unable to solve the problem Google s given me BlSoD and keyboard is semi unresponsive - HELP lots of solutions to the BlSoD but ALL of them seem to start with CTL ALT DEL and that s doing nothing Help

A:BlSoD and keyboard is semi unresponsive - HELP

Hello and to the BC forums.

Please sit tight and be patient.

I have requested that an experienced helper who specialises in malware-related un-bootable computers respond to your topic.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445514/blsod-and-keyboard-is-semi-unresponsive-help/
Relevancy 59.77%

I already have the issue that when I put my E to sleep and wake it up again that the keyboard and touchpad do not work So I have disable the sleep options in the BIOS Now I run into different issues Yesterday I booted the laptop and it hang on the DELL logo After a while it stated that - External to - resons E5570 do display/keyboard/mouse work display, Black Latitude no keyboard/touchpad my EFI file would not be correct Force reboot and it booted straight to Windows What s more annoying is the fact Latitude E5570 - Black display, no resons to keyboard/touchpad - External display/keyboard/mouse do work that the laptop boot the DELL logo is shown and then the screens go s black as if it s not connected SO it looks like it hangs BUT an external monitor through HDMI does work and show the windows logon The keyboard and touchpad also do not work External mouse and keyboard do work So pretty much I got a brick when I do not have external display keyboard and mouse available When I reboot the laptop it works fine again Am I the only one with this Loads of issues with the laptop and wondering if I just have a faulty laptop Clean Windows Pro install is done times Used the nbsp DELL Command Update to install all drivers and patches Issues keep existing

A:Latitude E5570 - Black display, no resons to keyboard/touchpad - External display/keyboard/mouse do work

I have been spending a lot of hours in troubleshooting this week.
Diagnostics are 100% ok.
Reinstalled Windows 10 about 15 times.Installing drivers by hands, installing drives trhough the dell update management application.The issues keeps existing.
To sum the them up:- Cold boot (laptop is off) to Windows. Keyboard/Touchpad do not work. (Reboot and they work again)- Resume from sleep. Keyboard/Touchpad do not work. (Reboot and the work again)
After I got the laptop I installed 32Gb of RAM and an 512Gb Samsung 950Pro PCIE M.2 NVME drive.The drive should be support as Dell states on the product page and in the manual that PCIE with NVME is supported.
"Advanced features, like industry-leading M.2 SATA and M.2 PCIe/NVME solid state drives, provide data transfer speeds up to 4x faster over traditional hard drivers. "
In order to get the drive visible and running on PCIe I had to disable the sata controller in the BIOS.This way the drive is detected in Windows as an PCIe NVME capable drive.
Just to verify if the issues I went back to default with the delivered 256Gb M.2 sata drive and 8Gb RAM.To install Windows I had to turn the Sata controller back on.
Installed the drivers manually updated WIndows and tested.The issues do NOT occur.
Retested by installing the drivers using the Dell Update Application.The issues do NOT occur.
So I figured out that the SATA controller somehow is the guilty part for all the issues.I mean when enabled to ACHI or RAID the sleep and non working keyboard/touchpad issues do not occur.
When disable the issues DO occur.

So DELL can you please tell me how I can fix this as you state PCIe NVME drives are supported??

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19675844
Relevancy 59.34%

My wife has a Dell D420 laptop and ever since we've owned it (used purchase) the keyboard (or more specifically the mouse cursor) will occasionally jump to different locations along a line, when typing text. More recently, my wife reports that the Ctrl-___ key combination functions no longer seem to be working - although the rest of the keys on the keyboard all seem to be working fine.

Although I can purchase a replacement keyboard, and install it myself for around $15 - I wondered whether there was some other simpler initial diagnostic to explore with the keyboard, since it seems unlikely that just the Ctrl key has somehow failed. Stranger things I'm sure have happened, but this one seems a little unliklely. Any suggestions before I spend $15? Thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

I've been driving for about 3 years, and I've always had a PC in my truck. Due to how the inverter is, my power supply always buzzes, but I have a power strip that kind of makes it buzz less? Either way. I've burnt out a power supply before, and now my new one is making crackling sounds, even when off. Am I forever doomed to buy power supplies yearly, or is there some kind of fix? Also will running my PC with my power supply on the verge of death hurt my other components, or strictly my psu?

Relevancy 55.9%

i had recently built a new computer after installing windows everything was fine except for during start-up keyboard detected no @ post screen, post/bios odd plus it'd say 'no keyboard deteced' which it wasn't detecting it because i couldnt acess bios during this once i came to the windows log in screen it was then reading the keyboard a few days ago i had a power outage during a thunderstorm and now a screen appears when turning on my computer giving me options somehwat like 'continue start up' and 'enter a set up' these are extremely general ideas odd post/bios screen, plus no keyboard detected @ post of what it says but its not the usual 'start windows normally' screen i would look but i'm currently at work since i cannot access the internet at home due to these problems lol the problem with this screen appearing is that since it is not detecting my keyboard at post i have no where else to go i've tried every usb port as well as a ps keyboard i either a need to figure out how to get past this screen or not have it appear at all or b figure out how to get it to detect my keyboard if you have any suggestions or info i'd really appreciate the help thanks

A:odd post/bios screen, plus no keyboard detected @ post

you could try removing the CMOS battery on the motherboard and using the jumper to reset the BIOS to factory defaults.

Always us a known good PS/2 keyboard. USB is OK after you have everything setup but unless you enable Legacy USB support in the BIOS the USB keyboard may not be seen by the BIOS (I've had this exact problem).

If the PS/2 keyboard is not seen when plugged into the keyboard PS/2 port move it to the PS/2 mouse port.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/153905-odd-post-bios-screen-plus-no-keyboard-detected-post.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, since the power of my Y3P with display at max birghtness does not hold very long it would like to build a powerbank for it. Since the Power Adapter is 20V 2A I wonder if I could put 4 x 5V (2A) Power Banks in serial and have 20V and enough amps to fuel the Y3P. I also ordered a cable with the right plug to connect to the Y3P. However it has 3 wires inside. When mesuaring with a meter one is ground and two deliver about 5V. How could that be? How would you wire it to power the Y3P. Does anyone has any idea?PS: I know this is gonna wipe warranty. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Build-a-power-pack-with-4-5V-Power-Banks-f%C3%BCr-Yoga-3-Pro/td-p/3445652
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone I would really appreciate some help with this new build Everything is new out of the box I have assembled everything read the POST with new won't Help build manual and from what I can see I have connected everything according to the book so I think BTW this is the first time that I build a computer so please bear with me I turn the system on and all the Help with new build won't POST lights work including the MOBO light and the fan are working but it won t post I have rechecked all the connections and I know that it is on a working monitor monitor says no signal light stays Help with new build won't POST yellow and doesn t go to green Specs Asus M A-VM AMD G Socket AM Motherboard OCZ MB PC DDR MHz x MB AMD Athlon dual core processor Thermaltake Litepower W ATA CM Fan PSU Sony x DVDRW SATA Cooler Master elite Black ATX RoHS Case WD Caviar GB SATA- G HD Nothing appeared to be damaged when I received them and the boxes were all in good shape Please send any and all suggestions Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I recently got a new motherboard and CPU, and installed it along with everything else. When I turn on the computer, I don't get any beeps, or post. I have video though. What shows up is a screen that shows the motherboard name, but nothing else happens.
I took out the RAM and it does beep, so I doubt the motherboard is dead.
The fans and DVD Drive seem to be working fine.
Also, I changed the psu, and the cpu to see if that would fix the problem, but it didnt.
Any help on how I can make it POST?

A:First build, no POST

Check all the power supply connections to the drives and motherboard, including a 4 or 6-pin power cable to the motherboard near the CPU socket. If you see no memory count, you have real problems ...like a corrupted bios. Reset the bios to their default settings if you can

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-no-post.99242/
Relevancy 50.74%

Is there anything I can do short of disassembling the entire system?

Relevancy 50.74%

Total disappointment Everything powered up well all the light the fans the gauges ok New Post Build Did Not except the monitor It stayed running but would not show anything on New Build Did Not Post the monitor I checked all the connections I had the hard drive connected and the mouse and keyboard So I disconnected those and still nothing on the monitor The video card New Build Did Not Post has a way cable that goes from the PS to the HD to the Video card I disconnected all that too and tried it still nothing What do you think anything different for me to try One thing I do have is my monitor well this whole computer is hooked up to battery back up APC Back-Ups Pro That wouldn t have anything to do wit it would it I didn t disconnect it from the battery back up And does it matter which of those power supply connectors the video card is connected too I connected it to the first one from the power supply Any suggestions Thanks NCGirlUSA nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Good evening,

Just finished building a new system and it doesn't seem to post. It starts up and runs for about 3-5 seconds and shuts down. System includes the following:

Case - Rosewill Challenger U3
PSU - Thermaltake TR2 700w
CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 965
Mobo - ASUS M5A97 EVO
RAM - G. Skill Ripjaw 16gb 4 x 4gb
HDD - Wd Caviar Black 1TB
VGA - Sapphire hd7850 2 gb ddr5
Optical drives - Lite-on 24x dvd, LG 24x dvd

To begin all green mobo lights are on. Push power button and system power up. All fans are running for about 3-5 seconds. Then red cpu led flashes and system immediately shuts down. Installed cpu correctly and used artic silver thermal paste before installing heatsink. It can't be overheating in that short a time. Could it be a DOA cpu?

A:New build won't post

Do you have the 8-pin cpu power hooked up?

I checked if it is a cpu / bios version compatibility issue, and you should be fine there. That cpu was compatible with the board's very first bios version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-post.192775/
Relevancy 50.74%

i am preparing to make my first build but i am sure of what to do after i put everything together. Some sites say you install the OS and thats it, some say that you have to install drivers. My question is, after you install your OS will it automatically detect your mobo drivers or do i have to install them after the OS? If so, where do i download the drivers from.

Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Ive setup my uncles new PC without HD or DVD
attached my old monitor with DVI-VGA converter

BOOTS fine (no HD or DVD)
but the CPU fan is going on instantly and stays on quite fast... is that normal until windows loads?
it seemed quite fast for me... reset and power button fine... POST sreen came on and said CPU 2.2 Ghz etc.. NO BOOT DEVICE:FALURE (normal)

so is this working or is there summit wrong with CPU

i only had it on for 15-20 secs

thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Put together a new system today using components below Push on button get one long beep and everything shuts off If I hold the power button in it will try to power up and still beep until it shuts off All the fans power up The keyboard lights come on I am not sure if its a long beep or just a beep until it shuts down It only last about seconds I have New post! will NOT Build done the following Change memory also tried two sticks rather than four Changed power supply Hooked up MOB outside case to be sure ther was not a short Reset the heatsink after applying new paste I am not a geek but have built five computers prior to this one and never had a problem getting them up I am stumped Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Pull Asus P N-D MOB Intel dual core E Muskin x gig DDRII WD Sata HD EVGA Graphics card Zalman CPU cooler MS Vista Home Prem nbsp

A:New Build will NOT post!

What does your motherboard manual say in troubleshooting regarding one long beep?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-will-not-post.723307/
Relevancy 50.74%

System comprises:

Gigabyte K8VT800
Sempron 3100
1 gig RAM
250 Seagate
etc

ok, briefly, built system, went to fire it up, it powers up throughout, but nothing. It does not boot, and there are no beep sounds.

I put in a pc analyzer card, which, with nothing external plugged in shows 00 (award bios), but when I plug in anything such as mouse, keyboard, screen etc shows 04, which translates as "Test Memory Refresh Toggle". I have tried removing the graphics card, resetting the bios, removing batt etc.

Can anyone please shed any light on this please?

Many thanks chaps!

A:new build will not post.

possible causes:

1. motherboard short circuit -->make sure that you used standoffs and that myou only used them where there is a corresponding mounting hole on the mobo. if the mounting hole doesn't have a metal ring around it, either don't use it or use a plastic standoff instead.

2. bad or insufficient power supply unit -->what brand and model is your PSU? how many amps can it provide on the +12v rail? Cheap/generic PSUs often cannot provide stable voltages or enough power (total wattage doesn't matter, on modern systems the +12v amperage is the major factor) also, make sure that you have both the 20/24 pin ATX power connector and the 4 pin 12v ATX power connector plugged into the mobo

3. damaged, incompatible, or improperly installed RAM -->remove and re-seat with only 1 RAM stick, test each stick separate and test in each slot

3. damaged, incompatible, or improperly installed video card -->remove and re-seat video card. also you did not list your video card in your specs, what do you have?

4. damaged or defective motherboard -->unlikely cause, assume only if above components proper working order and compatibility have been verified

5. damaged or defective CPU -->unlikely cause, assume only if above components proper working order and compatibility have been verified

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-will-not-post.53261/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello my names dan this is my first post. I just bought a brand new system in parts off the web and cant get the machine to post. I've built at least a dozen machines in the past 6 years and have never had quite a problem like this. Here are my specs;
Asus P5k Pro
2GB Dual Channel OCZ 800mhz
400GB SATA2 Seagate Barracuda
Geforce 8800GT 512MB DDR3
2.5GHZ Core2Duo Wolfdale 800mhz fsb
SATA2 DVDRW
Ernermax CHAKRA case with Liberty 500w PSU
M-AUDIO Audiophile 24/96
HDTV Tuner card

It wont post with just the video, cpu, and memory. Also tried with other mobo that had onboard video with 2 different memory and cpu configurations. PSU maybe? i'm open to anything at this piont. Ordering new psu now, hopefully will get here thursday. If anyone could help i'd appreciate it a lot.

A:New Build No Post?

First of all, have you followed all of the steps in the "problem build" guide at the top of the forum?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-no-post.750418/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I m building a new gaming machine My components are Sabertooth x motherboard Corsair TX PSU I think I bit overkill but it was on a good sale Core I w v coolermaster aftermarket CPU cooler G skill mhz x GB total of GB good sale on dual channel kit so I got New post no build, x palit gb gtx s Haf X case I m troubleshooting no post First time attempting to turn it on I got a blank screen with fans and New build, no post leds running So I removed my video cards and I tested one at a time No change I removed all but one New build, no post stick of memory and then swaped it out a couple times as well Second time I reseated the ram the computer started not even running the fans anymore I ve reseated all power connectors and I ve disconnected all drives Now all I get when I press the power button is red led flashing up momentarily The manual says that these LEDs are quot POST state LEDS to check key components My PCI card and CPU LEDs are the flashing red LEDS This is my second build and I can t imagine there is something wrong with both my cpu and my GPU Anyway to tell if I have a bad motherboard Maybe PSU I don t have an extra PSU btw nbsp

A:New build, no post

Just checking but did you use the motherboard standoffs at all the screw holes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-post.158665/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I m putting a new machine together and I have these parts mobo BIOSTAR TA build post won't new GXE http www newegg com Product Produ amp cm mmc TEMC-RMA-Approvel- -Content- -text- - chip AMD Phenom II X http new build won't post www newegg com Product Produ amp cm mmc TEMC-RMA-Approvel- -Content- -text- - I bought the mobo chip as a combo so new build won't post they should work together well I m trying this ram CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E right now I have the chip installed the mob hooked up to the psu one HD installed I turn it on nothing no LED on the mobo anywhere nothing It could be the PSU I actually tried to install it in another machine I had and nothing happened but I didn t think it was a problem with the PSU I thought the mobo on that machine was just dead because it s old It could also be the RAM which I had left over from another build I don t have the dvd burner installed yet didn t think that would matter Here s the PSU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Any ideas thanks bp nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone - I have just assembled a new build It will not power up I need a suggestion to figure out if the problem is the case or the motherboard This is a mini-itx build power-up: power New or Build MB? no supply case's The case is New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? Linkworld LC - B This case comes with a volt watt external laptop-style power supply that plugs into the rear of the case just like New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? a laptop power supply plugs into a laptop - a barrel connector Inside this power connection connects to a power supply component that is not like a regular ATX power supply but is on a printed-circuit board New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? mounted on the case This has several capacitors and other stuff From that comes the -pin and -pin power supply lines for the motherboard I assume the -volt power supply for this external power supply unit is right since it came with the case It was watt The processor is an IBM t with TDP of watts Lower-powered CPUs can be put in a small so I assumed the power supply might be under-powered I ordered a -watt volt power supply with the right size barrel - and same polarity pos inside The MB is an ASRock H MV-ITX It is mini-itx form factor Still same problem Everything is connected correctly When I press the power-on button an external CD drive I have plugged-in spins up for a while But no power light comes on in the front of the case there are no POST beeps the fan for the CPU does not spin up No other signs of life So power is getting into the MB - the external CD drive is plugged into a USB socket in the rear panel of the MB After trying a watt and watt power supply I believe the problem cannot be the power supply cord Can it be that I have too little load I don t think so I plugged in another mm fan and an ol-fashion floppy drive just the power connection to add more load - same thing no power-up no POST nothing but the CD drive will spin up when I open-then-close it yet again So here is the help I need what else can I try -assuming the MB and case are fine is it more likely the case power supply is bad or the MB --Thanks nbsp

A:New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB?

Well, I figured out the problem.
I am planning to re-do the older mini-itx system I have; it has gotten riddled with Trojan software for kids downloading games; it basically has been de-commissioned already.

So, I took the pico-psu power supply from that older computer, and hooked it up to the one I am making. Everything went perfectly.

So, I un-did that, removed the MB from case, disconnected the barrel-power connection from the case, unscrewed and removed the power supply that had been mounted in the case, put the pico-psu power supply back in place (I had to drill the hole for the barrel-connection out to be a little bigger since the pico-psu internal/external connection is threaded and held in place by nut with lock washer), and routed wires to be clear of cpu fan, screwed MB to stand-offs, and closed it all up.

now, everything is great. I like this linkworld case, but the power supply is worthless. I may try to get a few dollars back from the ebay vendor, to make me happy with a case that is less than what I should have gotten, but is working for me; I don't want to wait on returns, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power-up-cases-power-supply-or-mb.206259/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I ve searched around quite a bit and have found a lot of problems similar to mine but not enough like mine to base a decision around Anywho build. time post. get First Can't to my component specs are AMD Phenom CPU Asus M N-HT Delux Mobo CoolerMaster Real Power Pro w ESA amp Cooler Master COSMOS ESA sticks of OCZ SLI Eidition PC RAM stick installed at the moment EVGA SSC Edition GeForce GX s for quad-SLI Maxtor DiamondMax GB HDDs not installed so it doesn t matter Vista Home Premium -bit cant get to post so it doesn t matter I ve already read into all the obvious reasons of why my computer might not be booting up but for obvious reasons I want to be sure this isn t just something I did wrong because I waited a long time for this machine and I m so excited to get it running it s killing me I will give you all the info I think is relevant but keep in mind this is my first time ever building a computer from all new parts from scratch I m tech savvy enough i think to be doing this but I am definitely a noobie Alright I have nothing but a First time build. Can't get to post. single stick of Ram A VGA a keyboard and my monitor hooked up Asus was very clear on how to hook up the onboard speaker so I should be hearing POST beeps but when I power up the lights all come on the CPU case and PSU fans all run but it just wont boot up My monitor light stays a constant green and the screen just flashes NO SYNC No POST occurs I tried taking out the VGA to get an error code but no good I tried different sticks of RAM and no RAM at all and no beep This Motherboard is AM and can support mhz ram speeds with a quad core processor so there isn t an incompatibility issue here that I can see I m guessing my PSU is more than beefy enough to power the few things I have in it right now Also the soft reset button doesn t do anything I know I have all those plugged in right and solid I tried reseting the CMOS by taking out the battery and moving the jumpers from the default position as the manual that came with my mobo said to do No luck but I m going to try leaving it like this for minutes just to be safe Logically it doesn t seem like the RAM or the VGA is the culprit It seems safe to assume my brand new CoolerMaster PSU isn t DOA since everything is getting power though I ve read that doesn t necessarily mean it s working properly My motherboard is on spacers and I used washers just to make sure there was no short circuiting going on I haven t checked the CPU yet because I am not convinced it s worth the trouble yet It came with thermal paste pre-applied on the heat sink I don t want to have to figure out how to clean off a CPU without destroying it unless it s absolutely necessary I hear you are supposed to use Goof-off or something but I d be nervous doing it honestly Hell I m nervous even touching all this expensive equipment It s too late to second guess myself now though I have to get it working somehow I m not going to be happy about having to replace anything out of this computer but if something is wrong what do you think it is I m really out of guesses if resetting the CMOS again doesn t work Thanks in advanced nbsp

A:First time build. Can't get to post.

You should have picked Vista 32 bit. You probably have a bad motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-build-cant-get-to-post.109524/
Relevancy 50.31%

System Intel D GCL mobo w on board graphics Intel Pentium D Dual Core one Gb stick Micron DDR MHz DIMM- mobo with support up to GB Okay straight to the point I am not getting a POST although everything is powering up i e POST - no build video, no First fans motherboard HDD and other peripherals The Monitor however is not being provided with a signal I have tried everything I can find online to get this to boot up and nothing has worked so far I have tried the setup in two separate towers and checked and triple checked all of my connections Still no luck When I remove my memory I get a three beep POST telling me my memory is not in properly and from my understanding that the mobo is not fried No POST when the memory is in I have cleared the CMOS and attempted BIOS recoveries with no avail I am at my wits end and I need to get this computer working This is my final hope Please Help Me P S I have just been offered the idea that my memory stick is not supported and that I should try two sticks of DDR Mb RAM I will let you know how this goes nbsp

A:First build - no video, no POST

Yes, I would try different RAM as well, and run them in dual channel (e.g. in pairs for best performance).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-no-video-no-post.168673/
Relevancy 50.31%

i just got done working on a repair for a friend...i purchased an intigrated mb with processor, box with power supply, used known good RAM, and monitor, power is going to all on mb ...even the monitor gets turned on when the PC turns on but.....nothing appears on the screen... no bios, nothing.....

Anyone ever have this problem?

PS I worked on this with 4 techs today for 6 hours...my frustration is

Relevancy 50.31%

I've just built an AMD64 system using two 5400rpm hard disks from an old system. One of the hard disks makes a strange clicking noise when the PC is turned on which I hadn't noticed before, then the PC hangs during POST after it has listed the IDE devices on the screen. A Ctrl+Alt+Del is needed to get the PC to boot properly and then the PC runs normally.

Would the slow hard drive spin up times (8.5 seconds) cause the hanging at POST or is it something else?

Specs: -
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (SKT: 754)
Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M (Rev 2.x)
Crucial 1GB DDR400 (2x 512MB)
PNY Geforce 6600GT AGP
2x 5400rpm HDDs
2x Optical drives
Thermaltake 560watt PSU

Thank you.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there, thanks in advance for any help.....

I am building a new system:

Gigabyte GA-7000-L
AMD Athlon 2700+
512 M Crucial DDR (2 x 256)
Antec Case

I have assembled the above components, along with a (very) old VGA card and a floppy (no HDD), to test the configuration. When I boot, POST seems to be OK (only 1 beep), and I get a correct readout on the screen (Award BIOS / AMD 2700+ / 526..... OK), but then the computer hangs. I am unable to enter BIOS.

As far as I can tell, the board is set correctly. The clock multiplier is set for Auto (necessary for this high of a CPU), I have nothing extra (except for fans) added in yet. I have reset the BIOS (both via removing the battery and shorting the "CLR_CMOS" jumber), no change.

Can anyone help me with this issue? FYI, I have no other hardware at my disposal to test individual components.

Thanks in advance,

Relevancy 50.31%

Just built a new gaming rig, got it out of the case with cpu, ram, card and psu and I'm getting no signal on the monitor. What troubleshoots can I do?

System:
Gigabyte ex58-ud4p
Intel core i7 920
Xigamatek nrp-mc651
Gskill ddr3 1333 4gb
nvidia gtx 260 core 216

Lights on the mobo are on and the cpu/gcard fans are running. I haven't gotten it to beep at all. Taken the ram out and nothing.

Relevancy 50.31%

during post, my newly built computer shows the video card info, but then stops there. no system beep, no other posts, what does that mean? can the computer process the video card if the cpu isn't working?
that's pretty much all im concerned about, the cpu. i replaced the fan and put thermal paste on it, so i'm worried i did something to mess it up...

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Folks A new build Asus P KPL-CM MB Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor E Corsair Mem TWIN X - C R and an Ultra X Watt Micro ATX Pwr Sply Weird situation When the system is cold not run for minutes or more and I try to start the pwr sply cpu and case fans Build POST New Problem all run I get HDD led blink for about a second and then no further progress No POST nothing Pressing the reset button does nothing I need to shut off the pwr sply switch turn it back on and start again I get no startup error beeps but I don t know if this MB offers this option Tried running without DDR memory and no beeps Sometimes it starts on the nd or rd try When it does start I get the HDD led blink and now the keyboard lights blink and then the POST screen appears post shows all components correctly and I get a normal boot into Windows Home Premium -BIT Passed MEMTEST It seems that something New Build POST Problem needs to warm up before it sees everything Can anyone help John nbsp

A:New Build POST Problem

the E5200 is not supported without an BIOS update. you need at lest BIOS version 0606 but 0608 is the newest. what you need to do is buy this Intel Celeron 430 so you can flash your BIOS, or you can take is to a computer shop so they can do it for you. i think it will be cheaper to buy the cpu and do it your self

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-post-problem.142671/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok like the title says I got the parts for my new computer today and spent the evening assembling it only to get a blank screen on boot Further symptoms as follows DVD light blinks on and off but door is unresponsive all fans spin up no post test Red LED blinking next to the CMOS BIOS battery Not a lot to go on but I don t have spare parts that would work with the build to learn anything more revealing Any suggestions would be welcome All no idea no New build, post, connections are secure so I m reasonably certain it s an actual hardware issue and since I don t smell burnt silicon I didn t put the CPU heatsink on backward I just want something more than my own blind guess as to which part is the problem The list of actual parts are as follows MB MSI FXA-GD AM R DVD BURNER LG GH NS PSU CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W RT HD G SAMSUNG HD HJ VGA HIS H F GD HD R MEM Gx GSKILL F - CL D- GBRL CPU AMD PH II X T G AM RT nbsp

A:New build, no post, no idea

Since you have an MSI board please ensure that you've put your memory modules into the correct slots. The first RAM slot in an MSI board is not the one next to the CPU but the one after.

I had an identical issue with a friend's system about a year back and putting the modules into the respective slots fixed it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-post-no-idea.160996/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have just finished building a new PC for a friend but I have run in to a very odd problem Hopefully someone will have a clue what is going on here When booting the machine it takes an inordinately long time to begin detecting problem PC new-build IDE with post odd IDE devices around minute and then hangs completely for no apparent reason It currently has a single Gig Maxtor plus HDD on IDE and a Samsung combi CD-RW DVD on IDE It will happily boot with either of these devices conected on either IDE channel - but not with them both connected in any configuration I have tried swaping channels and putting them both on the one cable in all combinations of master slave cs configurations I really am at a loss to figure this one out - I have never come across odd IDE post problem with new-build PC a problem quite like this The system has a MSI K N GM -ILSR Mobo nForce chipset with an AMD Sempron CPU first time I ve used one of these If any other information will help - let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

So I just finished putting together my new build and I start it up and everything powers up normally but nothing shows up on my monitor and after a minute my graphics card starts spinning really fast and loudly I guess I probably should have post wont build New breadboarded the whole thing first to check for problems but is there anything that might be causing this that I could fix without having to take it all apart What is weird is that when I remove the DVI cord from my PC the monitor seems to acknowledge this and says no DVI or something even though when it is plugged in New build wont post it acts like nothing is plugged in Just off the top of my head it seems like there is a problem with my graphics card but maybe there is just something I am missing CPU - i - k motherboard - ASRock z extreme gen ram - GSkill ripjaws gb GPU - Gigabyte oc PSU - Rosewill Hive w monitor - ASUS VW H nbsp

A:New build wont post

When the GPU fan spins up really loud in many cases its because the power cable(s) are not plugged into the back of the graphics card.

Did you also check the guide at the top of this section for troubleshooting builds?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-wont-post.1032318/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays so far Scroll to the bottom for a TL DR version of what unintentionally seemed to become a video, build...no PC New no post? novel lol New PC build...no video, no post? CPU New PC build...no video, no post? Intel i Mobo Asus P TD Deluxe Video Card Diamond Radeon HD RAM OCZ x GB DDR PC - PSU Corsair TX W W This is my set New PC build...no video, no post? up along with a WD HDD and a DVD drive I pulled from an old desktop I put this all together turned it on for the moment of truth and wahht wahht wah waaaaahhhttt sad Price Is Right music There was no video and no beeps from a POST The CPU fan video card fan and PSU fan are all spinning So I took it all out of the case and stripped it down to just the mobo cpu with heatsink and CPU fan plugged in of course power supply and video card I tried powering on with these and with stick of RAM in the A slot still no video and no POST beeps So I alternated the DIMM from slot A to B then C and tried this with two more DIMMS each one at a time in all three slots All the while I m getting no video and no POST beeps while the CPU fan video card fan and PSU fan are spinning So I tried swapping the video card to a second PCI-E slot and the same results I happened to have a second of the same video card so I swapped that out and tried it in the two PCI-E slots with one stick of DIMM in A Once again the same results Oh it may be worth it to point out that I ve also tried the monitor on my laptop to ensure it works and I also tried connecting the video card via HDMI to my TV as well as trying both DVI ports AND I might mention that the monitor is being connected through a DVI-to-VGA adapter and not directly through DVI Unfortunately I don t have a PSU that I can swap out to try At this point I m ready to call shenanigans on the mobo The frustration though lies in the fact that I ordered it online from TigerDirect which means likely being charged to ship it back and waiting a solid weeks for a new one to arrive Can anyone give me any sort of insight as to whether you all think this is the mobo or another issue Surely after multiple DIMMs and two video cards it can t be either or those can it TL DR Stripped new build down to CPU PSU RAM Video card Tried two video cards in multiple PCI-E slots tried multiple ports on video card as well as multiple DIMMs individually No video no POST beeps Thanks for any input you guys might give and happy holidays to everyone nbsp

A:New PC build...no video, no post?

Make sure you have both the 20+4 pin main, and 4+4 pin CPU powers from the power supply connected to the board. I'd doubt a 750TX would be completely bricked on arrival, and you have tested pretty much everything else. So yeah, faulty mobo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-no-video-no-post.885211/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I just recently completed my first computer build. The specs are listed in my profile. I have everything hooked up (hdd, cd, vid card, etc) everything powers on when I turn on the computer (all fans operate, cd will spin, hard drive whirs), but I get nothing on my display. If I disconnect the monitor cable the display tells me to check the cable. After reconnecting the cable the screen reverts to power saving mode.

I have a connector on the mobo that says speaker (it' hooked up) but I have not heard any beeps or other sounds

According to other posts here, it could be a misconnected power conection, a ram chip issue, a bad mobo, or a cpu fan hooked to the wrong location.

My mobo has about 5 fan connections - I have 3 fans (intake, rear exhaust, cpu)

I have tried disconnecting all extraneous peripherals but cannot get the computer to post.

A:New build: no post/no video

Do you have a floppy drive installed? The tracking down of the problem is easier (for me) with a floppy disk drive to which you can boot a Windows 98, Window ME, or DOS MS DOS disc.
If no floppy, disconnect your hard drive, and attempt a boot to a simple CD such as a Windows 98 CD.
Think of ways to get down to the most basic, fundamental setup... floppy disc or CD drive, one memory module, video graphics card, power supply connected.
Then attempt a cold boot using SAFE MODE. If you get nothing on the screen in SAFE MODE, the problem has been narrowed down to power supply, memory module, or video graphics error.
You eliminate everything you can, to start... then when you get something on the screen, diddle with it, then add a component until you make it fail again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-post-no-video.98349/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all I m not exactly sure where this should be posted but this POST screen at freezes build New seems as good a spot as any shall we say quot TechSpot quot haha I m in the New build freezes at POST screen process of building my second PC and have hit up against a brick wall when firing it up To fill you in on the specs of the build here is a list of components New parts MOBO GIGABYTE GA-MA GM-S PROCESSOR AMD Athlon X Brisbane GHz RAM CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR PC Dual Channel Kit CASE Athenatech A BB Black Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Case ATX v W Power Supply Other parts have been recycled from my previous PC i e WD IDE hard drive CD and DVD drives Floppy drive ZIP drive etc Now on to the issue at New build freezes at POST screen hand When I fire the system up it seems to start normally except that it stops at the POST screen where you have options to enter BIOS setup etc It stops there and I have no control over anything I can t enter BIOS and none of the options are accessible none of the keys on the keyboard work When the system starts the lights on the keyboard and mouse flash briefly so I m making the assumption that they re OK they re from my old system as well Oh let me back up just a bit the very first time I tried to fire it up I had no activity from my monitor there was no signal according to the message on the screen After a while of looking into that I managed to get the monitor to work after removing one of the memory sticks Even when the video is on there are times when it seems to quot flicker quot and quot flash quot a little with quot splotches quot of various colors I ve tried installing the memory sticks into both slots one stick at a time and the machine only quot starts quot when there is a stick in slot nothing happens when there is a stick in slot Also just for the record the hard drive has been reformatted on a different machine and has no OS on it at the moment I ve read some info online about the possibility of the MOBO being shorted out to the case Therefore at the moment the system is not inside the case I ve removed all the components and re-assembled them on a large wooden tabletop What I have assembled at the moment are the MOBO Processor RAM Hard drive Monitor Keyboard and Mouse I hope I ve given you folks enough info to help me out you ve always given me very good advice in the past If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated Thanks ahnadahodo nbsp

A:New build freezes at POST screen

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test)

Special emphasis on Benchtesting
Even unplug the Harddrive itself to test

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-freezes-at-post-screen.116309/
Relevancy 49.88%

New build: gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l rev2, evga 8800gts 512, e8400, corsair hx620w, gskill 2-2gb ddr-800, wdigital caviar se16 640gb, ac freezer 7 pro

I am hearing that this motherboard does not support the e8400, except with the newest bios update (rev 8a). I understand it is shipping with rev 7. I have also read from reviews at newegg that the board is recognizing the chip right out of the box.

Question: will the board refuse to post if the chip is not recognized, or would it post and say "chip not recognized" or some such?

Also: I do not have another, older lga 775 chip sitting around. Is it possible to update the bios some other way? Possibly contact gigabyte and have a new bios chip sent?

And: does anybody have a good suggestion as to what to do to troubleshoot short of completely disassembling the system?

Any advice is welcome

Relevancy 49.88%

So I want to make this as detailed as possible so first my specs MB MSI A-G AMD AM R Mobo VGA ASUS GTX Build no post issue. Custom TI-DC OC- GD R Video Card PSU TT SP- PCBUS W R Power Supply CPU AMD -CORE FX- G M R Processor MEM Gx GSKILL F - CL D- GBXL Ram HD G WD SATAIII WD AAKX Hard Drive The Situation So I got the computer with all these parts yesterday assembled it myself Turned it on nothing No post but my hmdi monitor is recognizing the connection because it doesn t stay in sleep mode when the pc is turned on Opened it up this morning took out a stick of ram and tried again Now I m being told quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Custom Build no post issue. Boot device and press a key quot So I press a key and nothing happens Reboot and can t get into the bios to change boot settings I see a MSI logo screen appear for just a few seconds then it goes away to the above message If I disconnect everythign except cpu i get one beep and two after that Custom Build no post issue. in quick succession Let me Custom Build no post issue. know if I left anything out or if you just need more info I was so excited to get this build up and going but noooo Anyways I m new to the site thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

This is the first time I've built a computer and it doesn't seem to be POSTing.

The mother board is ASUS P8Z680-V and the CPU is an i5 2500k. All cables are plugged in, including the ATX/CpU 8 pin power cable.

What happens is the motherboard powers up for a good 10 seconds, I get no beeping from the speaker, then it powers down, then it powers back up again and stays powered on until I turn it off, I get no display on the monitor or no beeps on the mobo speaker.

When it powers off after 10 seconds the CPU led lights up for a split second. The DRAM light is on though. I've tried different combinations of RAM and nothing seems to work. I've tried taking the RAM out just to test if the speaker is working and it was, I was getting 1 long beep followed by 2 short which indicates memory problems.

Relevancy 49.88%

Late last night I started up a New PC Build for the st time I did not have time to install Windows XP So I went into the BIOS looked around to see if everything was detected change the boot sequence saved and exited the BIOS booted into Puppy Linux Live CD to do a brief check Post New Problems Solved: Build to get a feel if things seem to be OK I went back into the BIOS to check the CPU temperature Upon st start the CPU temperature was deg C and after a few minutes it had decreased to deg C I exited the BIOS without saving and turned off the PC by holding in the power on button The following problem was observed with this PC during the brief time that its was on yesterday http forums techguy org hardware -lcd-monitor-problem-diagnosis html I swapped out monitors today powered on the New PC Build and it would not POST and there is no signal to the monitor I installed the analog to digital adapter on the video card and changed Solved: New Build Post Problems the analog monitor cable to that connection but still on POST or signal I checked the Video card to make sure that it is firmly in the socket Basically the PC will power on the DVD drive will blink for a while since I have the Windows XP Install CD in it no monitor signal all fans operating the power and Solved: New Build Post Problems hard drive LED s are constantly lit and no beeps at all The strange thing is that the supposedly bad LCD monitor is not showing any problems on the other PC Hooked to KVM switch which is connected to two PC s one Windows XP and one Puppy Linux Live CD I am using Puppy Linux Live to make this post and the LCD monitor is fine Where do I go from here I am at a loss to what the problem could be Thank You in Advance nbsp

A:Solved: New Build Post Problems

Motherboard: ASUS M3N78 PRO
CPU: AMD Quad Core Phenom 2.5 GHz
Memory: G.Skill DDR2 1066 2 x 1 GB CL 5
Video Card: ASUS EN7300GT Silent
Hard Drive: Seagate 640 GB SATA 300
Power Supply: Corsair 650 Watt TX650W
Case: Lian Li PC60PLUSII
DVD-RW: Samsung (Toshiba)
3.5" Floppy Drive: Samsung
3.5" Card Reader: Rosewill
Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP3 (Not Yet Installed)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-build-post-problems.762135/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone need some help here I just build a new pc and have encountered a problem on first start up When I hit the power button I get short beeps and nothing on the monitor all hardware is working I checked the manual and it states that short beeps indicate a cmos error so I cleared the cmos and tried again same problem System specs MOBO Gigabity G MES L Intel G Socket CPU Intel Pen Dual-Core E Ghz M Mhz DVD Lite ON X DVDRW Sata OEM Graphic card MSI GeForce GT MB DDR PCIe DVI HDMI OEM RAM ULTRS PC DDR MHz HD WD Caviar GB Sata- G PS Power Up W ATX I did not add any extra grease to the cpu when I installed it just used what came with the cpu and fan could this be the new no post, short build beeps, 2 problem I should 2 short beeps, no post, new build mention that when I boot it up all the lights fans and peripherals work light up Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Ok I have my new build put together and ready to see if it will post. I am going to do that tomorrow but I had a couple questions about it first.

1. If it posts, and I pray that it will. Do I need to go into the BIOS and set that up or are the defaults good enough?

2. After that do I install the software that came with the motherboard, the video card, and then install windows xp?

3. It has a LAN Connection on the motherboard, do I still need to buy an ethernet card? I have one in this one and the LAN Connection on the motherboard. But I want to network this one too. I guess my question is do I need both the LAN Connection and ethernet card for both of them?

Thanks in advance!
NCGirlUSA

Relevancy 49.88%

I have read the stickied thread and tried everything. ( I enjoyed using a screwdriver to make it post).
I am at a loss as to what to try next.

EDIT: My cpu temps are well below 40 C and my psu is an antec 650w

Relevancy 49.45%

Have just been attempting to build a new system with the following components

Asus P5K Premium WiFi/AP
Intel Core 2 Duo E660
XFX GeForce 8600 GTS
OCZ Gold PC6400 2x2GB
Zalman ZM600-HP

When I attempt to switch the ststem on, the case and CPU fans start up but I get no beeps to signify the POST tests are starting and nothing on the display. I have attepted removing the RAM to force an error but get nothing. I am unsure how to determine whether it is the Motherboard or the CPU.

Is anyone able to help?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey...

Last night, I took apart and rebuilt my desktop to replace the MoBo. I went from an MSI 785GTM-E45 to an ASUS M4A88T-M.

Now, after everything is back together, it won't post. The rig turns on. LEDs turn on. Fans turn on. The board even has a green light going. There are no beeps and the 'Mem OK!' light turns on for a bit and then turns off altogether.

Now, I'm using 8GB (2x4GB) Patriot 1600 RAM, which isn't on the 'approved RAM' list in the manual. I'm not sure if my problem is that the RAM is not compatible with my board... or if it's something else.

ASUS M4A88T-M
AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black
Patriot DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) 1600
OCZ 700W PSU
ATI Radeon HD4850
1TB SATA Hard Drive
ASUS DVD-RW Combo Optical Drive

Relevancy 49.45%

I decided to use the money I got from selling some of my old textbooks to put together an inexpensive gaming computer I d consider myself a total neophyte at PC building as this is my first build So forgive me if I use some incorrect terminology or if I m missing something really simple All the parts were bought brand new from Amazon Important Parts list Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor G GHz MB Cache LGA - BX G BIOSTAR H MGC LGA Intel H Micro ATX no beeps, nothing build, the monitor New no PC POST, Solved: on Intel Motherboard Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus w Power Supply RS -PCARD -US Corsair XMS GB MHz PC - -pin DDR Memory Kit Sapphire AMD Radeon HD GB PCI-E Video Card L I haven t hooked up the hard drive yet nor used the case for anything other than the power button so they should be inconsequential Before mounting anything in the case I tried a minimal build sitting on the motherboard box which I had seen recommended in several different places I seated the CPU and the stock fan and the video card and my stick of RAM and Solved: New PC build, no POST, no beeps, nothing on the monitor hooked everything up to the power supply connected it to my TV and attempted to power it on The CPU fan and the video card fan spun for about a second then stopped and nothing ever came on the monitor I tried taking out the video card and still got just a second CPU fan spin and then nothing I tried re-seating the CPU but got the same result I tried moving the RAM stick to the other slot and got the same result I tried clearing the CMOS header but that didn t change the result I realized my motherboard does not include a speaker so I bought one and a different stick of RAM Kingston ValueRAM GB MHz DDR Non-ECC CL DIMM Desktop Memory thinking maybe the high voltage rating of the original stick vs for the new one was causing problems I plugged in the speaker and tried the new RAM instead and still got just the CPU fan spinning up then stopping one second later No beeps and nothing on the monitor I tried booting it without any memory no beeps I tried taking out the motherboard battery and then putting it back in it didn t make a difference Still just a brief CPU fan spin up then nothing The processor is specifically listed as supported by the motherboard on the manufacturer s website This is the only desktop in the house so I have no other parts to test with Any help would be most appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: New PC build, no POST, no beeps, nothing on the monitor

My initial thought would be possibly a dead power supply. If you are getting nothing with a minimal build the the likely culprits are PSU or motherboard in my opinion.

There is a guide to problem builds here, if you run through that in its entirety that should point you at the culprit. But I would certanily consider an RMA on the motherboard and/or PSU at least.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-pc-build-no-post-no-beeps-nothing-on-the-monitor.1068886/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I m having a problem with my new build It has worked fine for a few days after I restored Windows using a system image Now all of a sudden it won t new POST. Previously build. working Help! won't Suddenly, POST I m getting a debug code of quot quot CPU post-memory initialization I get nothing but a black screen monitor shows quot no signal quot I ve had several problems with this machine not wanting to boot to Windows prior to this but I ve always been able to get to the BIOS or the last time Windows safe mode I ve had to reinstall the OS twice since the tech forum fixes didn t work The last event I restored the system with a system image as stated previously I installed my first game on the machine this morning BioShock to the secondary HDD My OS is on the primary SSD The game seemed to work fine I played for about an hour then exited and checked my email No problems I went to several other sites to pay bills Still no problems Now several hours later I go to the machine and see a blank screen I checked the Debug LED and it showed quot AA quot System has transitioned into ACPI mode Interrupt controller is in APIC mode I powered off and back on and I get the Debug code I ve removed the board battery and reinstalled it based on the suggestion from another forum but no go I hope some of you folks can guide me to a resolution of this latest glitch Thanks in advance mimart Asus Maximus IV Gene Z Gen Intel i K Corsair Vengeance gb RAM MSI TwinFrozr GeForce GTX Ti gb Intel Series gb SSD Seagate rpm tb HDD Corsair W Pro PSU nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

CPU: Intel G540
Mobo: Gigabyte H61M-DS2H
Ram: Crucial DDR3 1333 2GB

I tried installing Windows XP and Vista and they went on fine. When I try 7 it gets to picking a username and password. Then it says logging off. The system reboots and immediately after post it goes into a post loop. I cannot hit F8 to get into safe mode options. I cannot figure it out.

Maybe a setting in the bios?

A:New System Build Windows rebooting after post

Where did you get Win7? Did you burn the DVD yourself? How are you installing it?

If this is a triple boot we'd better see a Disk Mgmt screenshot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245614-new-system-build-windows-rebooting-after-post.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I built a new server beeps :? no no New bios, fans, build, no post, recently Pentium D gigs ddr asus p rd -vm The mobo is supposed to have onboard video so no video card is New build, fans, no post, no bios, no beeps :? in it I m getting no post originally assumed it was silent no beeps even without ram nothing I rma d the New build, fans, no post, no bios, no beeps :? board which is what it sounds like then after newegg supposedly fixed it they sent it back and guess what it doesn t work I bought another board same kind Same symptoms I took out the pentium d and replaced it with a known working lga p Nothing Changed out the power supply with a known working watt ps the one that I took from my main pc and still fans work but not post I added a pci-e x geforce and still nothing The only thing I can think of is maybe the compound that came with the processor It was very light on the chip predone by intel I guess Didn t require manual adding of compound But then I think if I added a p and it didn t work either why would that be the problem I m really mad right now I ve replaced so many things These are the thing I know for sure work PS mobo HD DVDrom fans I m totally lost I ve never had a problem with asus boards until now Help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:New build, fans, no post, no bios, no beeps :?

Concidering you know PS, Mobo, hdd and others work, all I can think of is CPU. It could also be the RAM, although I find it unlikely that both sticks are faulty. What brand etc is your ram? Make sure its compatible with your motherboard (ie: Voltage).

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-fans-no-post-no-bios-no-beeps.58075/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ram http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa Mobo http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa case psu http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa cpu http Post about computer this and Rate Comments Plz build www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa Sink Fan http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp Plz Rate and Post Comments about this computer build description - - amp depa hdd http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa fdd http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa cd-rom burner dvd http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa Vid Card http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description Plz Rate and Post Comments about this computer build - - amp depa Monitor http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa Total Price i did think about bit processors Alternative -bit Alternate Mobo http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa Alternate Cpu http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa Alternate Sinc Fan http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa Alternate Price Total nbsp

A:Plz Rate and Post Comments about this computer build

You should put in the item-name and a short description, rather than time-consuming links.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plz-rate-and-post-comments-about-this-computer-build.17977/
Relevancy 49.45%

Building up a new box from build barebones on new Boot/POST Solved: quot barebones kit quot Ev A motherboard socket Known good IDE HD bootable with XP Pro installed One SATA optical drive Started with W supply Four MB of RAM With monitor mouse and keyboard hooked turned on with front panel switch System started boot process screen alive HD light adtive About time Solved: Boot/POST on new build barebones screen through showing IDE stuff the system shuts down completely First thing I tried was upping power supply from W unit to a W unit Exactly the same result so assume its not power supply Kit did not come with fan for Solved: Boot/POST on new build barebones processor but I had Solved: Boot/POST on new build barebones one so added that Fan came on as expected but the outcome did not change - still shuts down One more thing - if I restart right away it shuts down sooner in the POST process Since I get no real troubleshoot data and know nothing about the Boot POST process on the Motherboard I am completely at a loss on this one Thanks in advance for any help BillH nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

right now I m just build POST, the read still good no sticky, wont New working with these parts out of the case on cardboard Monitor has New build wont POST, read the sticky, still no good been New build wont POST, read the sticky, still no good tested New build wont POST, read the sticky, still no good but not with the dvi cable - but from my understanding the digital display on the mobo should be giving something instead of nothing at all I ve tried without the video card in at all I m tried two different sticks of RAM The lights come on on the mohter board and everything looks functional what should my next step be Thanks for any and all help mobo Newegg com - BIOSTAR TPower I LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards cpu Newegg com - Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops or Newegg com - Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield GHz MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops gpu Newegg com - HIS Hightech H QT P Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported IceQ Turbo Video Card - Desktop Graphics Video Cards psu CORSAIR w TX Series Plus Certified Power Supply - CMPSU- TX - Buy com ram Newegg com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-wont-post-read-the-sticky-still-no-good.762456/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am building a new system.

Gigabyte MB GA-MA790GP-UD4H
AMD Phenom II F4 Quad core 3.0 MHZ
G-Skill 4GB DDR2
WD 1T SATA HD
LITEON DVD RW (Redeployed from an older non-64 bit machine)

I am able to get the BIOS to post. It recognizes the HD as master on the SATA cable and it recognizes the DVD drive as master on the IDE channel.

When I save and exit BIOS, it goes into a loop of restarting with the startup beep, then reads "Verifying DMI data..." then restarts.

I am unable to get to a prompt for booting the Vista disk. I did get to a prompt by disconnecting the harddrive, but when Windows came up it when to a blank blue cloud screen.

I reconnected the harddrive and get the same loop restart result.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: New build; BIOS Post; No Vista Boot

Have you set the boot order in the bios so that the dvd-rw boots first before the hard drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-build-bios-post-no-vista-boot.834327/
Relevancy 48.59%

I m somewhat experienced New Yes Solved: Post Build Fans Codes, No Video, - No first of all Built several different machines over the years Here s what I m workin with Intel D XBK MB sticks of RAM have tried all configs - - and even none Nvidia Quadro Solved: New Build - No Post Codes, No Video, Fans Yes FX I bought a new Power Supply in order to rule that out When I turn on the machine I get the Mobo light inside Fans turn on HSF Vid Card HDD and Case Fan I get nothing on the screen No beep codes I Solved: New Build - No Post Codes, No Video, Fans Yes ve tried starting with nothing in there but the processor and HSF and stick of RAM tried each of them separately I ve checked all my plugs and headers to make sure things are seated correctly I have a pin plug and pin plug for the Mobo HSF is plugged into the correct header I believe my Vid Card needs a separate power source and I m pretty sure I have that plugged in and in the right spot but I m not on this I can t figure out where the Case Speaker plug needs to be seated or if there is even a spot for it I see that there is a speaker on the mobo itself though I removed the battery for the CMOS hoping to reset it in order to rule that out Kept it out for at least minutes Do I need to do anything else to reset it or is that sufficient The monitor is from my current setup so I know that works also I checked that the heat sink was securely attached to the chipset also Now this was the guts from my old machine so the last time I tried to use it it was all working just fine I simply took it all apart and rebuilt a new machine in the same old case Now I m trying to install the old stuff into a different case for my brother in law I know nice guy huh Anyhoo I haven t found anything on the web so far that s given me a real solid lead on any of this Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: New Build - No Post Codes, No Video, Fans Yes

OK, I took the mobo out. Plugged in only the 24 pin power supply, the cpu power and the power switch. No beeps.

I did have the HSF plugged in though.

Fan turns on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-build-no-post-codes-no-video-fans-yes.1121817/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am using windows 8 in HP r007tx .Whenever the power card is plugged in charging port the displays off and gets on.Vice versa when i switch off charger , the display goes black and back normal. This issue was on windows 10 so i changed to windows 8. Now same happening in this os also.Kindly resolve this issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/display-flashes-when-power-plugin-power-card-off-on/td-p/5745022
Relevancy 48.16%

I Just finished building my computer and im trying to get it to work
I Have an EVGA 750i Sli FTW motherboard and it keeps coming up with 7F on the post port. it means post error check and check POST error and display them and ask for user intervention. how can i get my computer to work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/7f-post-error-check-computer-hardware-problem-first-build.760400/
Relevancy 48.16%

so i was getting BSOD s once in awhile on my new comp specs below took some tinkering but found out my bios had incorrectly set the timings and voltage wrong for my ram all week now get won't screen old is post black 1 multiple i build, BSODs, it had it at - - - V and mhz but my ram is rated at - - - V and mhz i manually configured the settings in bios 1 week old build, multiple BSODs, now won't post all i get is black screen to the specified ratings and it has been working fine for the past couple days today i got another BSOD while playing CS Source but after i restarted i cant get anything to show on the screen anymore i power it on and the monitor stays at a black screen and i cant get to bios or anything but all my fans power on im posting from my laptop btw i tried removing the ram and using one stick at a time in different slots and that didnt work i also tried removing my GT and plugging my monitor cord into my onboard video port from my mobo and that still didnt work right now im trying to reset my CMOS i took out the battery and unplugged the power and am gonna wait like mins plug it back in and see what happens any help would be much appreciated AMD BE ghz Gigabyte MA G-DS HP x gb G Skill BFG Geforce GTOCX mb gb Seagate SATA LG x DVDRW Raidmax Smilodon case w w PSU A on v line nbsp

A:1 week old build, multiple BSODs, now won't post all i get is black screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-week-old-build-multiple-bsods-now-wont-post-all-i-get-is-black-screen.797620/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to put pIII motherboard daul processor came from a ibm m-pro 6868.
At post no keyboard say it is locked then goes through the a boot program and says keyboard unlocked administrator password cleared but keyboard still not working. So i cant enter setup. can i reset bios and flash with new one any help would be appreciated. I have 2 computers using same board both do same thing.I am trying to speed up a couple for my boss. will post more info when i can.

A:no keyboard at post..

Did you plug the keyb in the mouse PS/2 port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-keyboard-at-post.22426/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I have my Windows 8.1 setup so the display turns off in 1 minute.

I have the power options setup so that the power switch shuts the system down.

But it doesn't. If the screen is off and I press the power switch on my PC the screen comes back on. I then need to press the power switch a second time for the computer to power down.

Is there anyway to configure Windows 8.1 so that the power switch does not turn the display back on, but just immediately shuts the system down?

Thanks!

A:With display off want power switch to instantly power down

You don't have to do that.
When the display is turned off and when you press any key on the laptop, it will bring the display back on.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53738-display-off-want-power-switch-instantly-power-down.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I prefer to manually power down the monitor rather than rely on the "Turn off the display" setting in Power Plan Settings. Is there a major difference? Good, Bad, Ugly, das macht nichts? Any critical concerns I need be aware of?

-thx

A:Monitor Power Off vs Display Off via Power Plan

I don't know of any G/B/U. What ever way you choose.

I personally turn power off to my computer and everything plugged into it after a proper shut down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377214-monitor-power-off-vs-display-off-via-power-plan.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I m a newbie here so I would be grateful for your patience and assistance I have recently been given a Compaq Presario laptop that s what it says on the After No POST Display case although it says PP for the model number The guy No Display After POST that gave it to me said it might need a new mainboard but i doubt it But I m stumped here If I power the unit on using only the battery I will see the Compaq Splash Screen and then the display goes black But if I can hit F before the end of the Splash Screen I can get into the BIOS and the display is fine until I exit the BIOS at which point the screen goes black Now if I power the unit on using the power adapter I can hear everything churning inside but I don t even see the Compaq Splash Screen Again any assistance would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I've been viewing these forums for quite a while and have solved quite a few issues No No Post, Fun Display, No I've had before just from reading other threads so now it's my turn to start one I suppose I'd No Post, No Display, No Fun originally thought about posting this is the quot crashes quot section but feel it is definitely more of a hardware problem I recently bought a new gb Caviar Black WD drive No Post, No Display, No Fun and installed it rather painlessly I'm not even sure the drive has anything to do with my problem I dont think it does but who knows After about hours I'm surfing the web listening to some mp No Post, No Display, No Fun 's when I get a BSOD It was very unexpected and I didn't have time to look at the error or much of anything So I rebooted and when Windows loads the quot let Windows search for a solution quot window came up and I clicked quot yes quot and as soon as I did this I got the BSOD again Now whenever I turn the power on I get no display but all my case fans vid card fan CPU fans PSU fans all come on I can hear my hard drives quietly spinning no clicking etc but I get no post beeps and nothing appears on my screen I've tested my monitor on an extremely old machine I had lying around and it works fine I've removed both hard drives just to see if I could get a post from the computer with no luck I've swapped memory memory slots tried different memory with no luck either I had been using a w power supply and thought maybe it had finally bit the dust but was still putting out enough power to start my fans and stuff so I bought a brand new w Diablotek psu but am still having all the same problems and I went through and disconnected and reconnected everything I'd previously done with the other psu My monitor led stays orange when I power the computer on whereas it normally switches to blue once the computer starts to boot I've disconnected my vid card and plugged the monitor into the onboard video as well and still the same I've also removed the CMOS battery and left it out for mins or so and put it back in and have also tried a new battery with no change I removed my CPU fan and heatsink and inspected the processor and everything looked normal The motherboard looks fine from visual inspection no leaking transistors or anything of the sort I guess it's also worth noting that everything worked flawlessly before I installed the new hard drive and fresh copy of Windows But like I said above I even tried taking the new drive out and just using the old one with no luck I have no real way of testing my processor mobo since I don't have another system capable of switching components in and out I've always bought my own components and installed them myself with no problems although I'm far from being a professional Very frustrating to say the least I'm guessing its my motherboard or processor This is a last ditch effort before I go spend cash I dont really have on a new mobo cpu Thanks in advance

A:No Post, No Display, No Fun

Hi there & welcome to the SevenForums,

Did the BSOD camed while you were on an IE page watching videos with window media player active X ? it does happen to me quit some times while installing the Active X control. It can be a corrupted install.

Maybe troubleshoot before:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3db356d3-527e-433f-8c41-5295789ec8fe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156064-no-post-no-display-no-fun.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am having the exact same problem as described by uglytiki I am talking the EXACT same problem When I hook the bare minimum up mobo cpu heatsink fan gpu psu and ram everything powers on and runs I get no beeps but my display does not turn on I ll start by posting my specs as well Asus A S-X socket mobo PCI-E x DDR -pin -dimms AMD Opteron socket x MB Samsung DDR- -pin non-ecc non-registered RAM ATI x XT PCI-E gpu Rosewill watt psu with a -pin PCI-E connector SyncMaster N quot lcd The only part I have not verified working in a different computer was the RAM but the RAM should not be stopping the monitor from at least getting to the BIOS menu I have verified that each part works individually in a different computer except for the RAM I also tried using two different motherboards one was brand new and one was working so I have put the motherboard as the last thing that might not / post display No No be working I ve hooked No post / No display the monitor up to a different computer and it works I ve tried the bare minimum hooking only the mobo psu cpu heatsink fan RAM and gpu and I experience the same problem I ve also run the mobo on a No post / No display sheet of cardboard to make sure the case wasn t shorting anything out No beeps on POST To be honest I m completely stumped and I have seen many threads with users asking the same question and getting absolutely no No post / No display successful answer nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

When I plug in my graphics card my ram and my CPU and power the whole thing with my PSU I get nothing on my Display POST/No No monitor but I do get the CPU fan to spin and the graphics card fan to spin and the power LED comes on the board No POST/No Display Here s my hardware ASUS M A TDX No POST/No Display Evo Athlon II X XFX Radeon HD GSKILL DDR Ripjaws PC and Antec TP- W Here s what I did to troubleshoot I took the motherboard out of the case and placed it on the motherboard box so there would be no short circuiting I unplugged my Hardrive and my Optical drive for simplification I had my friend bring his computer and I tested my RAM and my graphics card and my power-supply on his computer and his computer booted up fine So I think that means that I ve narrowed it down to the motherboard or the CPU I tried clearing the CMOS on the mother board and moving the RAM around to different ports to see if one of the ports is not working I guess I still don t know if the BIOS is updated for my CPU but I was insured that it was when I called ASUS It puzzles me as to why the CPU fan would still spin if the motherboard is broken but I guess it could I m posting on this forum because from the research I did online I haven t heard any problems about the CPU being bad but many about this motherboard being bad So is there any other tests I can try on my mobo before I RMA it PS I already went over the steps for beginners to do if the computer does not POST nbsp

A:No POST/No Display

You seem to have narrowed it down fairly well to the CPU or Motherboard. The only tests I would even bother with would be a visual check of the board to see if it is in any way damaged or if any capacitors have blown (they will look bulged or discoloured).

The only other thing would be to test your CPU in a known good board or a known good CPU in your board to see if it makes any difference.

Other than that, if they are new and still under guarantee I would contact the supplier and RMA the board and CPU if you can not confirm which is at fault.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-post-no-display.916763/
Relevancy 47.73%

My laptop Asus f3t series
will not show any thing when started up the on light goes on but nothing else happens
It was working fine last night and really have never had any problems before
any ideas how to fix this or why it may have happened?

A:No Display / POST

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-post.119187/
Relevancy 47.73%

It's been just three weeks since Microsoft released Windows 10 to the public, but the company is back at it again with a new Windows 10 Insider Preview build for users on the Fast Ring.

Read more

A:Microsoft releases first Windows 10 Insider Preview build post-launch

Well whaddya know, Julio lays out his desktop almost identical to mine, apart from the jump lists which I have no use for and a 12 hour clock.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-releases-first-windows-10-insider-preview-build-post-launch.218332/
Relevancy 47.3%

Can't get usb keyboard to work during post on asus P5Q SE PLUS

i cant get the keyboard to work during post at all am currently using a ps/2 keyboard in bios and stuff. I have tried to put it on legacy support and still nothing please help.

A:USB keyboard not working during post

Hi

isnt there an option to enable USB keyboard support in the BIOS. ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-not-working-during-post.123414/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey so I fisnish building my computer today and well it doesn't work, I try to turn it on and the fans run but no POST or beeps or anything. I think it might be the RAM that is casue this problem. I tried reseating everything but it didn't help.
WHAT CAN I DO??

here is by build:
Mobo: Asus M4A87TD EVO
CPU: AMD six-core 1055T
GPU: ATI Radeon 5830
PSU: 700 watts
RAM: 8Gb of PQI (4 x 2 )

If any of you have any help it would be most apprecated!! =]

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,I ordered the P50 about 10 days ago, but I can't stop feeling a little uneasy because a lot of people seem unhappy with the FHD display. Most people complain that the color space is atrocious, some say the screen is not bright enough while others say the screen brightness is uneven distributed creating visible vignettes. I am coming from a Lenovo v570 which was released in 2011/2012 and has a 720p TN display. I am hoping that the display of the P50 is as good if not better than that of the v570. So, I am wondering if it is possible for owners of the P50 to post images of the display of the P50 and it'll be even better if there's another laptop by its side for comparison.Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Post-pictures-of-your-P50-FHD-display/td-p/3384521
Relevancy 47.3%

ok so I was sitting there and there was a rattling noise coming from my computer and I went over and tapped the top because that usually makes it stop but this time it made the computer freeze completely I powered it off from the button and waited a few minutes and turned it back on But now it won t boot When I turn it on my video card fan is really loud and there s no display on the monitor Usually when I turn it on the fan is only loud for - seconds and then it normalizes I thought maybe something was overheating so I took out the CPU heatsink and fan but here is where I messed up completely when I took it out I also took out the processor with fan display, no Computer will 100% post, not at GPU it and bent some prongs on it So I bought the same processor and replaced it the right way with the thermal compound etc and there s no signs of it being damaged I ve literally tried everything from taking out the CMOS battery to let Computer will not post, no display, GPU fan at 100% the mobo reset taking out the power cord and holding in the button to drain the power switching out ram sticks to different slots and using a voltage meter to see if the power supply is even emitting enough power and everything checked out I m so lost and if anyone has any ideas please help me out I m about ready to throw it out the window Specs Gigabyte GA-M SLI-S MOBO NVIDIA GeForce GT mb CoolerMaster ATX v w PSU not sure of the exact model G Skill DDR GBx RAM AMD x GHZ CPU nbsp

A:Computer will not post, no display, GPU fan at 100%

clearly you are very experienced so can only suggest the mobo has shorted out or you fried it with static ( unlikely)

only other things are faulty psu

could try a total rebuild just remove all connectors from mobo and recheck it that way, only fit 1 HDD noi graphics no cd/rom keep trying to boot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-will-not-post-no-display-gpu-fan-at-100.942941/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys, I'm realy hoping you can help. My pc wouldn't start up one morning, fans spin etc. processor dosn't get hot and there is not POST or display. First I replaced the M/B that didn't work then the RAM which made no diference and now the PSU and still nothing! The only things I have kept is my graphics card and CPU and I don't have any money left. What do you guys think is the problem?

Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

I am building a new gaming computer and when I turn it on it does not POST Specs Case - Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case Motherboard - Intel DP SG Extreme Series P ATX LGA Power Supply - Corsair W TX Series PSU Graphics Card - Sapphire New POST no display/does has not computer Radeon Toxic HD GB Processor - Intel Core Quad Q GHz Memory - OCZ GB x GB PC - DDR MHz Monitor - Asus inch LED monitor Details When I turn on my computer all of the fans run and the LEDs light up but New computer has no display/does not POST there is no POST or at least no display the monitor displays quot No signal quot Soon after I turn on my computer there is a very short high-pitched beep then about four seconds afterward a long about half a second low-pitched beep I d assume this was the POST beep but it sounded odd to me the first New computer has no display/does not POST beep was significantly louder than the second beep and the time between each beep was long Additionally when I remove one of two of my RAM sticks and then turn on my computer there are three consecutive medium-pitch medium-duration beeps that sound different from the other ones Everything seems to work fine the inside of the computer looks as if it s working correctly I have tried using every port on my graphics card two DVIs one HDMI but the results are always the same no signal I have the -pin and -pin power plugs plugged in correctly and the molex connectors in the graphics card My motherboard has no on-board video and I cannot swap out parts to troubleshoot because I have no other compatible parts nbsp

A:New computer has no display/does not POST

Hey, I looked up the Intel Bios Beep Codes, located here, nothing seems to show for 1short, pause, 1 long... So it is very confusing as to what your problem may be.

The 3 beeps seem to be a RAM issue, take out both sticks, make sure all the contacts on the modules are good (not bent, scratched) try each stick seperately in each and every slot on the board. You might be best off to do a bench test. Take the board out of the tower, hopefully you still have the static bag from the Motherboard box, place the board on a static bag and something semi soft(usually foam comes with the boards too) and test the board with Just the Video Card, RAM, Processor. If it posts, add components. if it all works together outside of the case, but it back in, see if it works.

If it doesnt seem to work when in the case but works outside, then its being shorted, you will probably need some rubber stoppers or something to stop the screws from touching the board.

If you can't seems to get it to work problem, I suggest calling Intel and doing an RMA on the board...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-has-no-display-does-not-post.149268/
Relevancy 47.3%

I saw this same question was posted before but expired unanswered......trying again. Yahoo IM messages won't show in post box. I can see what I type but when I hit send....it disappears. Can see my contact is typing but those messages don't post either. Have reinstalled twice, checked font color and all settings within IM r/t "viewing, showing etc." It has worked fine for a couple of years then one day...nothing. In the latest version that I just downloaded......I can see a portion of the message in the little screen that pops up at the bottom of the screen to let you know someone is sending a message.....but nothing in the main post box. Any ideas welcome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yahoo-im-wont-display-in-post-box.754996/
Relevancy 47.3%

Oh, my... Did I finally get burned with my latest E-bay item? Got a "slightly" used MSI board (850 Pro5) with a P4 but when I power it up I hear four second long continuous beeps with no display. This happens with or without any memory. Have I gotten some bad parts or is there something else I might be doing wrong? Not a clue.

A:four second beeps / no POST / no display

Video or system timer

Take out all peripherals and only leave in the video, memory and CPU

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/four-second-beeps-no-post-no-display.184640/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have built my own pc and my problem is that whenever I turn it on it sits there and does nothing occasionally it turns on - pause turns off - turns back on My specs Motherboard Asus P K-VM CPU Intel Pentium D with standard intel cooler Ram Samsung with chip no K T QC-ZCE PSU bios No post/no display/no PT w some generic psu that came with case Amperage GPU Jetway Nvidia gt doesn t matter as MB has Integrated Graphics Case Abond another generic brand I m kinda on a tight budjet I have tested the Ram in other computers also when I turn the computer on without ram it beeps indicating a possible POST When I tested the cpu in another computer it would display the post but for some reason would randomly turn off I have sent it back to the person I got it from and they sent it back showing that it works I have tested the GPU and PSU aswell and both work I have also tested another cpu in my motherboard an the same symptoms apply I have also had a foxconn and another asus motherboard with simular symptoms that I RMA ed Ive tried ASUS CrashFree BIOS recovery utility with no success So I m starting to think it could be that the northbridge is faulty as I think it uses the Integrated graphics as default Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I am building a new gaming computer and when I turn it on it does not POST Specs Case - Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower has no computer POST not display/does New Case Motherboard - Intel DP SG Extreme Series P ATX LGA Power Supply - Corsair W TX Series PSU Graphics Card - Sapphire Radeon New computer has no display/does not POST Toxic HD GB Processor - Intel Core Quad Q GHz Memory - New computer has no display/does not POST OCZ GB x GB PC - DDR MHz Monitor - Asus inch LED monitor Details When I turn on my computer all of the fans run and the LEDs light up but there is no POST or at least no display the monitor displays quot No signal quot Soon after I turn on my computer there is a very short high-pitched beep then about four seconds afterward a long about half a second low-pitched beep I d assume this was the POST beep but it sounded odd to me the first beep was significantly louder than the second beep and the time between each beep was long Additionally when I remove one of two of my RAM sticks and then turn on my computer there are three consecutive medium-pitch medium-duration beeps that sound different from the other ones Everything seems to work New computer has no display/does not POST fine the inside of the computer looks as if it s working correctly I have tried using every port on my graphics card two DVIs one HDMI but the results are always the same no signal I have the -pin and -pin power plugs plugged in correctly and the molex connectors in the graphics card My motherboard has no on-board video and I cannot swap out parts to troubleshoot because I have no other compatible parts nbsp

A:New computer has no display/does not POST

Have you read and followed the guide at the top of the forum?

Next I highly doubt ocz is approved ram for an intel board. Did you check to see that you were using memory on the approved list?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-has-no-display-does-not-post.932395/
Relevancy 47.3%

I posted this question a couple of weeks ago.

"Hi I have a Gateway PIII running Windows XP Pro. Last weekend I was setting up a home network and now when I turn it on the display goes black just after the windows splash screen disappears. Does anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this?"

I got a response asking me if I could get into safe mode. I answered yes but I was wrong. Just after the splash screen my display goes black and I can get anything to respond.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-goes-black-after-post.687002/
Relevancy 47.3%

When the computer boots up, my monitor isn't receiving any sort of signal. The graphics card I am using works on another computer. I've also tried on the onboard graphics card and it doesn't seem to work either. The monitor is working fine. I don't believe windows is booting up either. And I don't think it's performing a POST either.

The computer was running fine, until I started to experience a couple of crashes, now I can't get it to boot into windows or have any sot of output to the monitor.

What I've concluded\done:
The processor is working.
The graphics card is working
I've tried resetting the CMOS.
Tried onboard graphics device
removed harddrive(same results)
Tried several RAM stick.
Fans run, CD Drive opens\closes on request.

Relevancy 47.3%

I m Display No Post Solved: or looking for a bit of advice please Never had a problem in months with my pc until I installed a new GTX card days ago and have had nothing but trouble It worked the first day so I went ahead and sold my old video card The second day the PC wouldn t post and the cpu fan took seconds to even start spinning I moved Solved: No Display or Post the that fan cable to an alternate socket after which the fan started up immediately The internal motherboard led was green cpu HD and GPU fans were spinning and my router detected the ethernet cable connection on its port LED Stripping down to the CPU video card and stick of RAM didn t make any difference As my PSU was a W Seasonic I guessed that would be the likely issue so ordered a W Tagan Plugged it in but no post again fully installed or stripped down I m not sure what it might be now -could the cpu or motherboard be dead This is my system Tagan W PSU Dual Engine Series Intel EE CPU P N -E SLI Plus Nvidia GTX OEM GB Geil RAM Raptor x in RAID nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I came home today to find my computer frozen, dont know why, but i restarted the comp. When i booted it up nothing showed on the screen, it was blank, and there were 2 post beeps. I checked to see if it was the agp slot that was broken by puttin a different card in, but it wasnt, the card worked. So i put my original card back in Geforce 2 MX400 AGP, and it didnt work, i fooled around with it for 30 minutes or so, and nothing seems to be working, did i ruin this card? i sure hope not

A:No Display, 2 post beeps...

you didn't ruin the card.

components die. its happens..... you are lucky it was not your CPU or mobo....

I am actually happy for you it was not your mobo.....

remove it like a cancerous cell and replace it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-2-post-beeps.2367/
Relevancy 47.3%

#1 14-Jan-2008 04:53 PM
t1zzee

Member Posts: 94

Display goes black right after windows splash screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I have a Gateway PIII running Windows XP Pro. Last weekend I was setting up a home network and now when I turn it on the display goes black just after the windows splash screen disappears. Does anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this?