Windows Support Forum

ACER ASPIRE V5 122P 0864 HARD DRIVE REPLACEMENT

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ACER ASPIRE V5 122P 0864 HARD DRIVE REPLACEMENT

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 87.73%
Relevancy 107.93%

How do I find the correct hard drive replacement for my Acer Aspire 5004WLMi without paying Acer? When I call they want me to talk to a pay to fix guy and all I want is to buy a replacement 100G drive.

Relevancy 92.45%

I am helping someone providing technical support for an Acer Aspire V - P nbsp nbsp He purchased it BSOD's Acer V5-122P Aspire at the start of it came with Windows then I updated it to nbsp At the end of last year I upgraded it to Windows even though the official support page for that model did not list any drivers for Windows nbsp The problems began in February randomly the laptop would freeze now and again mostly while browsing with Firefox and watching videos nbsp I did a Refresh in March and after tried to update the drivers with Driver Booster as there were no drivers listed for W nbsp The computer wouldn't boot into Windows afterwards so I Acer Aspire V5-122P BSOD's did a System Restore in Safe Mode which restored the system to working order I did another Refresh in May as it was being erratic again this time I ran a HD Check which passed and a did a chkdsk Acer Aspire V5-122P BSOD's r nbsp The file system corrected some errors By July the system still behaved erratically so in July I did another chkdsk r which corrected system errors A week later a BSOD occurred nbsp DEVICE DRIVER NOT THREADED nbsp Looking this message up one of the suggestions was updating the AMD graphics driver nbsp Acer Aspire V5-122P BSOD's Because Driver Booster made the system unstable before I ran the AMD Auto-Detect Utility and it told me there wasn't an updated driver for Windows Everything seemed fine when he started using Edge but then yesterday I got a call saying it was going slowly The DEVICE DRIVER NOT THREADED BSOD had occurred again pointing to atikmdag sys dxgkrml sys and ntoskrnl sys nbsp I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver but this did not make any difference nbsp The stats nbsp Acer Aspire V - P with W upgraded to GB RAM GB HDDAMD Radeon HD nbsp Any suggestions

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-122P-BSOD-s/td-p/464724
Relevancy 91.59%

I'm not sure this is the correct board but anyway, I've had an Acer Aspire V5-122P laptop for a while now and the processor is rather slow and I want to upgrade it. It has an AMD A4-1250 dual core processor, suggestions for better compatible processors? Something over 2GHz preferably. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 91.59%

my laptop acer aspire v5 122p is not booting beyond the acer logo. I've turned it off and restarted several times but no luck. What do i do?

A:Acer Aspire V5 122P is not starting up. I've turne...

which windows OS is installed? no error messages after acer logo?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-122P-is-not-starting-up-I-ve-turned-it-off-and/td-p/428030/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi There nbsp I have a problem updating the Bios Reason for update is common black screen and currently Aspire 122p V5 Acer Update Bios I have loaded and I try to update to Laptop is in factory settings with Win in it I have loaded the new bios version and it basically works well using windows update but in the end when the laptop is restarting it ends up to black screen Now you have two options to run battery out Acer Aspire V5 122p Bios Update or use that tiny hole behind to cut the power you can not remove the battery in this model After restarting the laptop says invalid bios image etc and pressing any key will restore the Bios nbsp I have actually three Acer Aspire V5 122p Bios Update very same laptops and in another one windows update work Acer Aspire V5 122p Bios Update just fine That did not have black screen problem nbsp I have tried to update using usb-stick but I do not exactly know how to do that So please if anybody can help it would be highly appreciated nbsp -kari-

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-122p-Bios-Update/td-p/439709/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

hi,When I go to format my Acer it gets to the Windows 8.1 section where you select the hard drive to install Windows on before clicking next, also has the option to format and I think make a partition but there is no hard drive showing up in that box so I can't continue from there, it's the part after selecting language and clicking install.Has anyone else had this problem? If so how can I get my hard drive to appear in the box?Is there anything in the bios settings that can make my hard drive appear in the box?Thank you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-V5-122p-Windows-install-issue/td-p/439822/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

My Acer Aspire V had Windows I installed Windows and all seemed fine until Acer said I needed new driver updates After doing them the computer will not boot past the installe... Black Aspire Acer screen V5-122P in after screen with the Acer logo After that the screen goes black I have been told to uninstall the driver can't get in to do that Been told to go back to Windows can't get in to do that One person hooked hers to another monitor and could see to do those I don't have HDMI ports or a disk drive I just have USB ports I have shut it off and on many times still no luck getting to a useable screen Control alt delete does nothing I was told to hit the space bar then type in my password and it should go in did that too no luck How can this update cause so many issues Can anyone help please I do not have the money to go to a repair tech Thank you in advance for any help

A:Black screen in Acer Aspire V5-122P after installe...

try this: at boot press ALT+F10 this will start Acer/windows recovery. From the Recovery screen Click on Troubleshoot. Click on Advanced Options. Click on Startup Settings. Click on Restart. The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen. Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted. once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Black-screen-in-Acer-Aspire-V5-122P-after-installed-Windows-10/td-p/424826/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

I have an Acer Aspire V - P- laptop that has served me well for a few years nbsp When Windows freezes Acer Aspire Windows on V5-122P-0679 10 160... first came out and updated and everything ran great nbsp With update the system started freezing and became unusable nbsp It Acer Aspire V5-122P-0679 freezes on Windows 10 160... has all the latest updates KB nbsp I went back to the previous build I believe and sure enough windows updated itself to back to KB nbsp I believe I saw the freeze issue with nbsp When I booted in safe-mode the system ran well and I saw no freezing nbsp I backed up my data and then did a restore once saving the data and then the second time with disk cleansing install Acer Aspire V5-122P-0679 freezes on Windows 10 160... nbsp nbsp With the clean install I see the freezing happening even before major configuration application installation or data restore nbsp With a fresh reboot nbsp Looking in Task Manager no application started and sitting for some time the CPU is running consistently at with the System process running at nbsp This appears to be consistent after multiple reboots and over long periods of time nbsp All data OS is stored on a single C drive nbsp Common situations when I see the freezing include but are not limited to working with Settingsloading task managerdisplaying windows notifications pop ups systems recovers when these windows go away My son has a Acer Aspire V - P as Acer Aspire V5-122P-0679 freezes on Windows 10 160... well that is seeing the same issue nbsp nbsp Most of the post I read talk about this being resolved in some of the recent minor updates nbsp That doesn't seem to be the case for me us nbsp I would hate to regress back to Windows nbsp Any help is appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Acer Aspire V5-122P-0679 freezes on Windows 10 160...

Hi,If you haven't already done it, download MB free and do a full scan, it could be infected, you can also check in task manager, which processes are running while in high uasage of CPU. https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Aspire-V5-122P-0679-freezes-on-Windows-10-1607/td-p/464234
Relevancy 90.3%

hi,When I go to format my Acer it gets to the Windows 8.1 section where you select the hard drive to install Windows on before clicking next, also has the option to format and I think make a partition but there is no hard drive showing up in that box so I can't continue from there, it's the part after selecting language and clicking install.Has anyone else had this problem? If so how can I get my hard drive to appear in the box?Is there anything in the bios settings that can make my hard drive appear in the box?Thank you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-V5-122p-Windows-install-issue/td-p/439822
Relevancy 90.3%

I did a clean factory reset on windows using the acer recovery option nbsp Everything was fine until I tried to update to windows I had done the free windows earlier on this machine with no problems nbsp After windows installed and the system was done on screen V5-122p boot Aspire stuck Acer updating the system said it needed to Aspire V5-122p stuck on Acer boot screen reboot and now it wont boot up nbsp It is stuck on the acer boot up screen nbsp I have tried every Aspire V5-122p stuck on Acer boot screen option in the recovery section that pops up after unsuccessful nbsp reloads nbsp It just hangs on the acer screen It wont let me boot to safe mode I cant reset I cant restore I don't nbsp care about the files on the pc I just want the pc to be functional again I have a good restore image on a usb drive but the only way it works is within windows with the acer recovery option nbsp When I try to do the restore or repair options it just says this pc cant be repaired nbsp I even tried tried the windows installation recovery media and recovery using a usb drive and I get an error on that nbsp I have tried everything I can think of nbsp Right now the laptop is a brick nbsp Does anyone have any ideas on a way to repair this thing to make it boot up Thanks in advance for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-122p-stuck-on-Acer-boot-screen/td-p/452530
Relevancy 90.3%

My Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 touch screen laptop comes on and shows the Acer logo with the circle spinning, the screen goes black then after a min. The Acer logo shows but no circle and it won't do anything like it's froze! Please someone help??? 

A:Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 screen goes black then Ac...

Unplug it, turn it over and locate the tiny hole in the bottom. Use a paperclip or Etc. to GENTLY push into the hole until you feel a click. See if it will boot.Do you have anything plugged in? Maybe a sdcard left in the slot? USB mouse? Printer cable? Unplug everything. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-V5-122p-0408-screen-goes-black-then-Acer-logo/td-p/426989/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

Hey guy! So the title basically says my problem.

I have switched power plans, tweaked the settings, looked it up, and other stuff but I can't seem to figure out the problem. This laptop is about a year old and I have never changed any settings (except from different power plans) and it just started doing this recently. The laptop is not physically damaged in any way and neither are the inner workings (programs, code, and such). I would really love to know why this is happening because it shuts down the laptop completely and I need to restart it every time. It is really getting on my nerves because I have to open and close my laptop all the time to tote it around the school campus. If anyone has a fix or suggestions they would be well appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Acer Aspire V5-122P-0649 Shuts down on lid close

Most likely set for sleep or shut down if on battery in Power options. Simple Basic computer 101 stuff.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55526-acer-aspire-v5-122p-0649-shuts-down-lid-close.html
Relevancy 90.3%

My Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 touch screen laptop comes on and shows the Acer logo with the circle spinning, the screen goes black then after a min. The Acer logo shows but no circle and it won't do anything like it's froze! Please someone help??? 

A:Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 screen goes black then Ac...

Unplug it, turn it over and locate the tiny hole in the bottom. Use a paperclip or Etc. to GENTLY push into the hole until you feel a click. See if it will boot.Do you have anything plugged in? Maybe a sdcard left in the slot? USB mouse? Printer cable? Unplug everything. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-V5-122p-0408-screen-goes-black-then-Acer-logo/td-p/426989
Relevancy 89.44%

Bought Acer Aspire V5-122P-0408 in November 2014 with manufacturers warranty and extended warranty. Internet won't connect, doesn't detect any networks while there are many available. Went to control panel, laptop couldn't detect any networking hardware. No ethernet cable fits in the any ports. Called Acer, they said my warranty expired. (Even though it's only been 8 months when the warranty is, I believe, for a year). Called Walmart (where I purchased the laptop) and they said that my manufacturer's warranty is still valid and will be until November 27, 2015. Not sure why my warranty would no longer be valid? Also no idea how to fix this without sending it back or having it replaced? (Not tech savvy at all.)

A:Acer Aspire V5-122P-0408 no network hardware detec...

about ethernet, you need an adapter:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30886/~/frequently-asked-questions-on-the-aspire-v5... Acer store:http://us-store.acer.com/acer-converter-cable-mini-cp-to-vga-lan-usb about wireless connections:1) have you check that a wireless adapter is available on Device manager?windows key logo + xchoose Device managerclick on network adapters 2) is your WiFi adapter ON?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-122P-0408-no-network-hardware-detected-help-no/td-p/368961
Relevancy 82.56%

I was handed a Gateway NV L with a hard drive that is now a paperweight included was the purchased factory recovery cd's I have spent a couple hours chasing my tail with the mindless tech support people in India thanks Acer that tell me the same things different ways I got their download to flash the ROM to Factory Replacement hard will not from install Acer drive the latest greatest Replacement hard drive will not install from Acer Factory and verified the BIOS settings I have turn secure mode off and on Setting the BIOS for UEFI When booting the computer using the System Disc they supplied you get the Gateway logo for a couple minutes normal and then asked language English and then options for what recovery would you like to preform and to exit no matter which recover you select you get the message that this must be run in Legacy BIOS mode Setting the BIOS to Legacy and rebooting you again get the couple minutes of Gateway logo and then the message that this must be run in UEFI mode After talking to one of their supervisors and jumped through the same hoops they decided it was the CD's they sent so after waiting a week for new CD's I get the same results any help out there

A:Replacement hard drive will not install from Acer Factory

1) Set the UEFI/BIOS firmware to OS boot UEFI mode & Secure Boot ENABLED.

2)Boot the DVD in UEFI mode.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/40944-replacement-hard-drive-will-not-install-acer-factory.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey this crap just screwed me over by making me log in after writing this up while I was already logged in so I got an error and lost everything I wrote so I m going to try to make it brief My quot Acer Aspire One notebook got a virus and died within like a day This was a while ago Recently I took it out to try to get it working again and it actually did start up at first but after started doing the same stuff where it won t start up back to square one I ve tried System Recovery but get an Error no luck I need to somehow wipe the hard drive via a USB thumb drive as the little -incher has no CD drive Also the computer I have that I m working on with is a Mac so I need to know how One -- wipe Aspire hard to drive Acer need to set up whatever I need Acer Aspire One -- need to wipe hard drive for the little Acer using a Mac I tried resetting updating the BIOS also Acer Aspire One -- need to wipe hard drive to no avail The only thumb drive I have is a GB so I created a GB FAT partition within it and tried using that for the BIOS but it didn t work I don t know if I need it to boot from that partition or something but I don t know how to do that anyway So there you have it I need some clear detailed accurate instructions on how to do this PLEASE Acer Aspire One -- need to wipe hard drive I NEED this little thing fixed now Thanks so much I definitely immensely appreciate the help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

While trying to replace the hard drive in my Acer Aspire One 722-0473 I accidentally yanked the had drive cable off of the motherboard.I can't quite tell whether I need a new cable or if I am missing a part that snaps into place and attaches the cable to the motherboard securely. Please advise what I need to do.ThanksPhil

A:Acer Aspire One hard drive cable

i don't think you need parts. the HDD card connector is the big one under near (JHDD) the fan connector (JFAN), you just to slip the HDD cable inside and push back the connector. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-One-hard-drive-cable/td-p/394668
Relevancy 79.98%

My hard drive broke down so Im getting  new one, but I need to know if a standard hard drive will fit it with no problem?

A:How thick is the hard drive for an a acer aspire m...

From this thread, I think it's 7mm.https://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Upgrading-an-Aspire-M5-581T-Hard-Drive/td-p/331...

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/How-thick-is-the-hard-drive-for-an-a-acer-aspire-m5-581t-6405/td-p/461635
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello everyone.

OK, everything began since the monitor got damaged and was in a bootloop after hibernating Windows. So, we decided to repair the laptop, they said they no longer have parts for the monitor (although it got itself fixed while going home), but they fixed the bootloop. It was a installed with a Windows 8. After I opened "This PC", the 2nd hard drive was missing. My mom asked if they removed it or not, Acer replied that they did not removed the hard drive. I tried installing Windows 7, but the installer only saw the 1st drive. After installing Windows 7, I checked the BIOS (InsydeH20 Setup Utility), but it just really showed up the 1st one. So for now, I am only using 1 drive, and trying to keep my drive to have more space. Is there any fix for it? Please reply.

A:Acer Aspire 4736Z - My 2nd hard drive was gone after repair

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the exact Model Number of your Laptop ? ...
What size of Hard Drive did you get as a replacement ? ...
Are you sure your Original Hard Drive was not just partitioned ? ...
What was the size of your Second Hard Drive ? ...
Was it an SSD ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359287-acer-aspire-4736z-my-2nd-hard-drive-gone-after-repair.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I've been dealing with a Acer Aspire All-In-One that I purchased and have the receipt but all of a sudden it went to a black screen and said Hard Drive is Locked Nobody has access to my PC but me and I have never put a password on my HDD or BIOS I put Locked Acer Aspire passw... All-In-One Drive: Hard No in my thumb drive which has the recovery files on it but it states the HDD is Acer Aspire All-In-One Locked Hard Drive: No passw... locked as well Now when I turn on the PC it says to Reboot Acer Aspire All-In-One Locked Hard Drive: No passw... and select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected device and press any key I've looked all over GOOGLE and all I am finding from other's with the same problem Acer Aspire All-In-One Locked Hard Drive: No passw... is that it is a ploy by ACER to get more money from consumers Supposedly they lock the HDD and force you to PURCHASE a code to unlock the HDD I'd like to know if this is true and if not then I'd like to know how to fix this issue I spent a lot of money on this computer and have not gotten to use it in over a year now because of this issue And of course the warranty I purchased was only available for -year only so it is now expired

A:Acer Aspire All-In-One Locked Hard Drive: No passw...

can you please chck if your HDD password is set to frozen on BIOS?press Del at boot to enter BIOS:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen#_ga=1.262809484.160920...

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-All-In-One-Locked-Hard-Drive-No-passwords-set-up-How/td-p/401898/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 79.12%

I have an acer aspire one 532h, and I want to hit it up with some performance upgrades. Now for $50 bucks, i can get a 2gb 800mhz ram,or upgrade the hard drive to a 7200 rpm one. What do you guys think would help most, the ram or the hard drive? Also, does this netbook even support 800mhz ram? And is the hard drive 2.5" or 1.8"?..Thx

A:Acer Aspire netbook upgrade, hard drive or RAM?

See this linkf or memory:
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?mfr=Acer&model=Aspire+One+(532h)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-netbook-upgrade-hard-drive-or-ram.147145/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have an Acer Aspire computer designed for windows XP but is vista capable. on it I have a FAT32 drive which is full (72 GB), and an NTFS drive which is completely empty (72 GB). Both are primary partitions ATM. I tryed to download a patch for this game but it says I need more space.
Is there some way for me to use the NTFS drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-xp-unused-secondary-hard-drive.977882/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello Have an Acer Aspire which periodically much more as of late will not boot and going to the bios to look at stuff the Hard drive and the dvd drive are not even mentioned other times it will just boot normally have windows on this one already tried many things re-install windows install another windows change HD flash bios re-seat processor etc lately out of desperation I found out recognize hard bios Acer or not Aspire dvd drive does by sheer coincident that if I bend the laptop a little thous bending the mobo it will recognize all and start just fine as long as I hold Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd it this way it will work as soon as I release it it will freeze and die on me already opened all panels and looked if there were any cracks on the mobo but none were discovered BTW for some reason the bios says this is an aspire and the body and sticker says it is a I also looked Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd up to sell it on e-bay and see at least of them sell as is for the same exact reason any one has any idea Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd s anyone can help before i get rid of it Thanks nbsp

A:Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd

Look for a bios update for your model on the Acer support site, and update the bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-bios-does-not-recognize-hard-drive-or-dvd.139593/
Relevancy 79.12%

my laptop is an acer which has:
intel core 2 duo t6400 (2 ghz,800mhz fsb, 2 mb l2 cache)
15.6" hd acer cinecrystal lcd
1244mb mobile intel graphics media accelerator 4500mhd
4gb ddr2
500gb hdd
dvd-super multi dl
802.11a/b/g/draft-n wlan
its a hardware thing....................
its one hard drive which has vista home premium|acers erecovery partition-hidden| Ubuntu 9.04...........with Grub bootloader

basically i want to remove the hardrive, then put in a smaller capacity hardrive where i install ubuntu and windows 7 on it......

the question is would i be able to swap the hardrives around... without damage to the 500gb installed OS'....i.e. when i dont' want to use the 80gb i plug in the 500gb and the installed OS' load normally with no errors...

A:acer aspire 5735-hard drive swap

If I understand you correctly I think you mean you want to be able to swap between 2 hard drives on your laptop, please correct me if I'm wrong

In answer to your question, yes you can do this without damaging the operating system on your HDDs but be sure to remove them when the machine is powered down.

I have had experience with replacing HDDs on various laptops including Acers and just wanted to give you the heads up that it can be more difficult than you think to get into the HDD bay; especially if you have to remove the whole plastic case to get to it.

However why do you not simply buy a cheap USB 2.5" caddy and put your smaller drive in there, then boot from it via USB? It would not require you to open up the laptop every time and would in most case be more convenient for both sharing files and quick OS changes. The only downside is that your drive may not have the performance of it's internal counterpart but that shouldn't be too noticeable in most cases.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277005-acer-aspire-5735-hard-drive-swap.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I just bought this and the hard drive is already filling up fast. Will getting an SD card make a difference? What can I do about this? I won't be doing anything fancy on it - just internet access and using the basic 3 MS Office products. Right now there's only 654 MB of space left. I have not yet installed my printer driver on it because I want to see what the resposnes are. Should I get an SD card and install the printer driver on the SD card? More info:eMMC 16GB2GB DDR3 L Memory Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hard-drive-filling-up-fast-on-my-Acer-Aspire-One-Cloudbook-11/td-p/447238
Relevancy 79.12%

I was having problems with my Pc It was not booting up So I tried different things on it I ran CHKDSK I took off the battery BIOS I re-installed the BIOS I Reset the OS to Factory Settings I installed Ubuntu withing Windows with the Wubi Application and when I tried installing problem Hard on Aspire Drive Acer X1200 Ubuntu from a disk it dindt let me cuz it was not eading the Hard Drive so what I did is to buy a new one so I bought I replaced it and what happened is that the first time I booted the pc It froze during the POST and it had white strippes all over the screen but it did beep one time so I turned it off turned it back on and nothing came no beeps and the Hard Drive problem on Acer Aspire X1200 monitor wasnt reading anything and thats my problem The New HDD was empty of course so I dont know what went wrong The old HHD was a WD AAJS The new one is a WD JS I only know that WD stands for Western Digital and the is for the amount Hard Drive problem on Acer Aspire X1200 of memory I dont know what AAJS or JS mean so I dont know if this is what is causing the problem nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

Can this work and does anyone have an easy step by step guide to doing it? The Acer has so many hardware problems it's not even funny and I got 4 Dell gx280's without hard drives for free.

A:Acer Aspire T180 hard drive in a Dell gx280 sff?

I got the hard drive in the computer but I'm getting this screen:

Intel (r) Grantsdale-G PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS
Build Number: 3329 PC Dev. 04/12/2004 17:02:24
DECOMPILATION OR DISASSEMBLY PROHIBITED
Copyright (C) 2000-2003 Intel Corp. All Rights Reserved
Any way I can make this work?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292781-acer-aspire-t180-hard-drive-dell-gx280-sff.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi.I've been attempting to upgrade the hard drive on my acer aspire 4920. from 120gb to 320 gb .Tried using recovery disks but after successful install I get the restart message then nothing on reboot.Also tried cloning the original disk to the new drive but still no luck. (get the restart loop)Been considering updating to the latest bios (version 1.21) but leaving that action open as a last resort.Anyone help with this?

A:Acer aspire hard drive upgrade doesn't work.

You didn't say which OS you have but with Windows 7-up you should be able to create a recovery flash drive and save a system image on a hard drive. Then use the recovery drive to restart the machine with the new disk and when asked, tell it to recover from the system image you saved. ps this works if going from a smaller to an equal or larger disk but not to a smaller one. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-aspire-hard-drive-upgrade-doesn-t-work/td-p/442815
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi guys I m a bit desperate right now Here s the thing I have an acer g English bought in the Netherlands out of warranty original HD GB western digital included with windows home premium The hard disk is dying Everytime I restart windows demands a launch repair that takes HOURS otherwise it won t boot and will restart I bought a brand new Momentus XT GB It was fairly simple to remove the original disk and replace it physically Problems start with trying to install an OS on the acer -First off I went to the bios and set it to boot up first with the optical drive so I can use the recovery DVDs that I created on day one when I purchased the laptop It just doesn t doesn t do anything when I put the first one and restart Only the prompt blinking and the disk even stops spinning -I made New hard on drive 7 5740 can't windows acer aspire install sure the DVD drive reads discs I put back my old hdd waited till I can use windows again hours after launch repair and tried to read many DVDs and they all seem fine -Back to New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 the new drive installed No recovery I researched a bit and found out that erecovery only works New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 on acers with the quot hidden partition quot on the disk that came from factory Gotta find New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 another plan -I downloaded a copy of windows GB and burned the iso file on a blank DVD with hopes of installing it and then activating it with my key - Inserted Windows DVD created with the microsoft tool Same problem no reading I check again if my optical drive can read at all checked it reads DVDs - At this point I m not sure what else to do What I want All important files I had in my old hard disk are backed up somewhere else I just need to get rid of the dying disk and replace it with my brand new hd and install windows on it and then activating it I just can t seem to do this any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7

Try formatting the new drive using something like this:
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
then try and install Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-on-acer-aspire-5740-cant-install-windows-7.192341/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi.I've been attempting to upgrade the hard drive on my acer aspire 4920. from 120gb to 320 gb .Tried using recovery disks but after successful install I get the restart message then nothing on reboot.Also tried cloning the original disk to the new drive but still no luck. (get the restart loop)Been considering updating to the latest bios (version 1.21) but leaving that action open as a last resort.Anyone help with this?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-aspire-hard-drive-upgrade-doesn-t-work/td-p/442815/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 78.26%

I need to replace my hard drive, can someone recommend what i need to get and where? preferably amazon....

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-One-D270-1824-hard-drive-Please-advise/td-p/449822
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello. I have an Acer Aspire One AOA150 netbook, and it was showing UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME as a stop error for windows XP. I tried using the Recovery Console to repair the disk errors, but the utility gave me an error saying the drive had one or more unfixable errors. After this, the hard drive was no longer recognized by the BIOS. What can I do to fix this problem? If the problem requires a hard drive replacement, what size hard drive do I need to get (1.8" or 2.5")?

A:Acer Aspire One AOA150 hard drive not detected in BIOS

You need a 2 1/2" laptop hard drive either SATA or IDE. Be sure to remove the drive and check for this before you buy a replacement laptop hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-aoa150-hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios.167683/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 1350 an the hard Drive Locks after bios update and demand password to access.

Hash code is 00007

Please, help me !

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-1350-hard-drive-lock-after-bios-update.145583/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi All Recently my older Acer Aspire - notebook hard drive failed on me It s about yrs old Was running Vista Home I of course like an never burned the recovery media from the hard drive And it s just my luck that Acer no longer has the recovery media available They told me there was nothing recovery no hard media Acer longer failed... available? drive Aspire they could do for me and directed me to Microsoft My question is this I have Windows Vista home running on my Acer Aspire hard drive failed... recovery media no longer available? Desktop If I smack in a new hard drive in the notebook can I use the recovery media from the Desktop to reinstall the OS on the notebook If not do I have any other options I guess I could always run Ubuntu I know this is an older notebook not necessarily worth a lot but I d like to keep this running for my wife She uses it primarily for web surfing and she s hogging my laptop like crazy every since her s died Thanks in advance Frank nbsp

A:Acer Aspire hard drive failed... recovery media no longer available?

You can't legally used your Desktop's recovery media on your laptop (also because usually manufacturer's build such medium for a particular piece of hardware, with all drivers etc. pre-installed).

I think you can either choose to run Ubuntu or you can get one of those cheap OEM windows media from e.g. newegg. However, one draw back of this is, I believe you can't get any help from Microsoft directly, if you ever need it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-hard-drive-failed-recovery-media-no-longer-available.153073/
Relevancy 77.4%

Soo I own an Acer Aspire V - G- laptop before the crash it was running windows which came preinstalled hard-drive disk Acer-Aspire recovery laptop died, V3 no The other day I had gotten a USB in order to make a recovery disk for Acer-Aspire V3 laptop hard-drive died, no recovery disk my laptop A few days before the hd corrupted and I had to completely reformat using its recovery partition but then before I could make said recovery disk the HD started 'buzzing' and needless to say it's dead now So I ordered an erecovery disk from Acer the other day and purchased a decent looking SS hard-drive I have the new hard-drive installed but who knows when the recovery disk will arrive So here's where you geniuses come in So I'd rather not wait for the disk to arrive as it might take up to weeks My brother informed me that I should be able to download windows online and use the product key that's usually listed on the back of the laptop However there is no win product key on the back - So I'm at a loss his laptop has a windows product key but mine doesn't Is it located somewhere else that I'm not looking I checked the bios but at first glance it didn't appear to be there and that's as far as I've gotten Any advice on how to get win onto my system legally without any more purchases so that I can be using my new SS-hd laptop preferably tonight Also possibly useful info I own a student copy of Win Ultimate upgrade that i'm not using which I would be fine using on my laptop but it is not a copy it is the upgrade so it requires a previous OS to be installed I own a student copy of Windows Vista upgrade that does not say it requires a previous OS to be installed I think the store sold me both so that I could have win at the time I've tried booting with both disks the vista loads and then freezes after the loading bar hits completion the win upgrade disk makes it a step further taking me to a windows loading screen and then freezes there Ok go p s I will love you forever if you help me TY

A:Acer-Aspire V3 laptop hard-drive died, no recovery disk

The Windows 8 key is embedded in the BIOS, there is no COA sticker.

I believe you will have to wait for the recovery disk if you want Windows 8 as you will not be able to download a Windows 8 ISO without a retail key. Microsoft really screwed this up and has made no attempts to fix it.

You can do a clean install of a Windows 7 upgrade disc, see here: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52640-acer-aspire-v3-laptop-hard-drive-died-no-recovery-disk.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire T300 XP computer with a 40 GB harddrive.

I am considering adding a 750 GB Seagate HDD, but it has been suggested to me that the T300 motherboard will not recognise as much as 750 GB.

Can somebody please advise on this.

My system details are

Product Acer Aspire T300 Version Acerpower Serial Number 0321005

CPU Intel Celeron 4A, 2000 MHz ( 5 x 400 ) CPU Alias Northwood-128

Motherboard Chipset SiS 651 System memory 503 MB ( DDR SDRAM)

Motherboard ID 03/05/203-Sis-61-6A6IXDDC-00
Motherboard name unknown

Effective clock 400MHz
Bandwidth 3200 MB/s

Many thanks. bj_van

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-maximum-size-hard-drive-acer-aspire-t300-mb-will-recognise.710742/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all I hope someone can help me with the problem I m encountering and going mad My acer aspire one happy few days ago died or so I thought I apologize-I am a woman with no computer tech experience so please bear with me After normal working day I work online the next morning it didn t start No sound normal just Acer D Solved: aspire one drive boots hour/hard an raw half acer logo and then black screen After few attempts I just left it and amazingly after more than half an hour it did boot Everything looked normal-the greeting sound the desktop Solved: Acer aspire one boots half an hour/hard drive D raw with all icons but when I try Solved: Acer aspire one boots half an hour/hard drive D raw to click on something-computer either loads like for example my computer minutes it does recognize USB drive but same-takes ages to open something or it freezes so is impossible to work or do anything So with the help of friend who borrowed me computer I googled for solution but Im still in blind spot When I finally came after minutes into disk management since in my computer I see both hard drive C and D but it doesn t show no data on D-but it was almost full it shows following C NTFS Healthy Gb and free space Gb D RAW Healthy Primary partition Gb Capacity and free space same Gb System reserved NTFS Healthy Mb and free Mb So my guess is that disk D which shows no data on - thankfully I back them before I got S M A R T virus attack - solved but maybe still something is the rotten apple and causing this slow respond and freezing of computer I have no idea what to do For any advice from you I would be deeply grateful Thank you Simona nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello about weeks ago my wifes acer aspire laptop showed an unwelcomed operating system not found on the screen I have since removed the cover and felt and listened to Acer hard Aspire 5536 Will Samsung work in drive HN-M101MBB the hard drive and it is definitely not even spinning up either that or it s the most calm quiet hard drive ever I think the hard drive failed I am considering purchasing the hard drive listed below for this acer aspire computer will this hard drive work in this computer I don t want to make the mistake of purchasing it and find out it doesn t work because it s too much capacity or LBA addressing is incorrect or some other reason the expert advice I request is most appreciated here s links to newegg and info about the hard drive http promotions newegg com NEemai MC-IGNEFL - -EMC- -Index- -E - -All http www newegg com Product Produ -Index- -LaptopHardDrives- - -L O SAMSUNG Will Samsung HN-M101MBB hard drive work in Acer Aspire 5536 Spinpoint M HN-M MBB TB RPM MB Cache quot SATA Gb s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive nbsp

A:Will Samsung HN-M101MBB hard drive work in Acer Aspire 5536

Basically, it depends on what version of Windows you are running and make sure that the laptop has a SATA or PATA connection...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-samsung-hn-m101mbb-hard-drive-work-in-acer-aspire-5536.186635/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi there I have an Acer Aspire Aspire as hard adding Acer SSD but additional - room! no drive X1301 X desktop pc which is running so slowly I was advised that installing an SSD would speed Acer Aspire X1301 - adding SSD as additional hard drive but no room! it up and give Acer Aspire X1301 - adding SSD as additional hard drive but no room! it a new lease of life so I purchased one Sadly however upon opening the pc case I realised that there was no spare space inside for me to be able to install the new SSD and retain the old hard drive for storage purposes - However I do have a quot optical drive in there which is broken and hasn't been used for years I have an external optical drive that I use when I need to So I guess my question is can I remove the internal optical drive and use that bay to house my new SSD If so is there such a thing as an adapter that I can buy to be able to mount the drive into the large bay Can I use the same cables or will the SSD require different connectors I would be very grateful of any advice - I haven't attempted anything like this before Thanks

A:Acer Aspire X1301 - adding SSD as additional hard drive but no room!

Hi

I think this is what you are looking for : Sedna SATA III Internal 2 5" HDD SSD Dock Includes 5 25" CD ROM Bay Kit | eBay

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340745-acer-aspire-x1301-adding-ssd-additional-hard-drive-but-no-room.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all I hope someone can help me with the problem I'm encountering and going mad My acer aspire one happy few days ago died or so I thought I apologize-I am a woman with no computer tech experience so please bear with me After normal working day I work online the next morning it didn't start No sound normal just acer logo and half an [SOLVED] raw boots D Acer drive 0ne hour/hard Aspire then black screen After few attempts I just left it and amazingly after more than half an hour it did boot Everything looked normal-the greeting sound the desktop with all icons but when I try to click on something-computer either loads like for example 'my computer' minutes it does recognize USB drive but same-takes ages to open something or it freezes so is impossible to work [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 0ne boots half an hour/hard drive D raw or do anything So with the help of friend who borrowed me computer I googled for solution but Im still in blind spot [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 0ne boots half an hour/hard drive D raw When I finally came after minutes into disk management since in my computer I see both hard drive C and D but it doesn't show no data on D-but it was almost full it shows following C NTFS Healthy Gb and free space Gb D RAW Healthy Primary partition Gb Capacity and free space same Gb System reserved NTFS Healthy Mb and free Mb So my guess is that disk D which shows no data on - thankfully I back them before I got S M A R T virus attack - solved but maybe still something is the rotten apple and causing this slow respond and freezing of computer I have no idea what to do For any advice from you I would be deeply grateful Thank you Simona

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 0ne boots half an hour/hard drive D raw

Hello Simona1 and welcome to TSF,

When you start the computer, immediately after the ACER logo screen, press F8 repeatedly. You should see the Advanced Boot Menu.

Select "Repair Your Computer"
Select "Startup Repair".
It will scan your OS install and attempt to repair it.
once complete, reboot.

Let us know if the issue continues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-acer-aspire-0ne-boots-half-an-hour-hard-drive-d-raw-666748.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Ok I really need HELP I literally spent all last week reading researching this issue but this one is over my head so after being up ALL night trying to figure it out I am pleading for some one on this wonderful forum to assist me Acer Aspire One D aka kav typical drive&partion problem Aspire Acer Netbook D250 hard netbook with no external DVD Drive I bought nearly identical ones for my grandkids Here Acer Aspire D250 Netbook hard drive&partion problem s what happened One of them became terribly infected with trojans rootkits worms you name it The other grandchild who is learning about computers decided to quot fix quot it He cleaned the computer and the system was clean but locking up and not running well He said the took the quot good quot hard drive out and tried to quot clone quot it OVER top of the bad one Now it won t boot at all Currently when trying to boot it says the drive needs formatted please see the pic that shows the partitions Also when I put it in an external enclosure it also tells me it needs formatted I really need step by step on how to correct the problem BTW I have NO recovery disks - only the restore function Acer Aspire D250 Netbook hard drive&partion problem built in which isn t working I have made an UBCD and also Hiren s but I am not familiar with the commands So I am guessing that the MBR is messed up and the partitions as well If one of you fine folks could walk me thru I will forever be indebted to you Thanks so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-d250-netbook-hard-drive-partion-problem.1038780/
Relevancy 77.4%

Quote Originally Posted by justpassingby The original message is more than a month old but it's true the drive could have reverted to using PIO instead of DMA hard Acer slow drive mode PIO - keeps 9412 reverting Aspire to after encountering read write errors due to the bad clusters so you should follow The SMS's advice Go to the device manager start Acer Aspire 9412 slow - hard drive keeps reverting to PIO mode gt run gt devmgmt msc expand IDE ATA ATAPI controllers double-click each IDE Acer Aspire 9412 slow - hard drive keeps reverting to PIO mode channel go to advanced settings and check that the transfer mode is set to quot DMA if available quot for all the devices If it reverts to PIO mode automatically then uninstall that IDE channel right-click gt uninstall reboot and Windows will redetect and reinstall it automatically If it still reverts to PIO after that then report here there'll be some values to change in the registry Hello there Nothing has changed at Acer's I have exactly the same problem with my Using the solution above works fine but after a certain time the problem is back Memory has been renewed a new hard disk has been installed nevertheless after a certain time the starts running very slow and all audio stuters again There are no bad sectors on the drives it just happens Using the solution above makes everything working fine again Is there no definitive solution for this problem Thanks JeeCee

A:Acer Aspire 9412 slow - hard drive keeps reverting to PIO mode

jcleplang, That was the case with my computer too. The problem kept coming back. I had to uninstalll the driver about 6 times, but now the problem is gone. Don't know why..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-9412-slow-hard-drive-keeps-reverting-to-pio-mode-227009.html
Relevancy 76.54%

My hard drive failed on an Acer Aspire 5734z that I have. I replaced the hard drive and reloaded Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit from a downloaded copy. Since this is the same OS as originally came on this laptop, how do I get it validated? Or, alternately, how do I get a replacement OS without having to buy it again?

A:Replaced failed hard drive on Acer Aspire 5734z. Windows validation.

Hi grfull Welcome to SF

You may activate via Internet ( tutorial link below )

Activate Windows 7 Online

Over the phone ( tutorial link below )

Activate Windows 7 by Phone

Use the product key under the laptop or under the battery .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/283142-replaced-failed-hard-drive-acer-aspire-5734z-windows-validation.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct sub-section of the forum but couldn't see a more appropriate place.

Any advice appreciated: I'm trying to do a factory restore on my Acer Aspire laptop, as it started crashing, stalling etc. and then eventually just failing to boot up. I've gotten a fair bit of my important stuff off it using a Linux (Knoppix) disc, so am ready to do a factory restore.

However, when I try to do so, I get the error message: "WIMApplyImage Fail. Error: 045D" then I click on "OK" and it says "FAIL to restore image"

Any ideas? I'm worried that my hard drive may be physically damaged. When I listen it's making the odd whirring/clicking noise, but doesn't sound particularly out of the ordinary to me.

Or, on the other hand, does anybody know of any alternative options to the in built Acer factory restore?

Thanks,

Chris

A:(Acer Aspire laptop) Factory Restore failing - hard drive damaged?

Hi Chris. Welcome to TSF.

Have you tried opening up a terminal window and running chkdsk /r on your system? You might also run "sfc /scannow" from within the terminal window as well just to see if perhaps your problems are system-file related.

The clicking noise you're hearing is a bit troubling as it is often an indicator of an impending hard drive failure. I'm glad that you backed up your stuff though. Often that is one thing many people do NOT do and then they are left scrambling for ways to recover their data.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-laptop-factory-restore-failing-hard-drive-damaged-583428.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Friend cleaned his heatsink and now fan is failing, intermittent. Initial search from google is it's 90mm CPU fan so wondering if he can order stock and then swap it out, or if he needs a parts number to reorder. He doesn't want to open it again so I'd like to have the part there when I arrive next week to swap in for him, if possible.

quiet fan for slimline desktop

It's sounded like a Hoover since he got it so does it need the more expensive quiet model suggested above or will the stock ones here suffice? https://www.google.com/search?q=92mm...w=1067&bih=533

A:Need CPU fan replacement on Acer Aspire X1300

I'd normally suggest eBay, but it shows only one seller:

New Genuine Acer Aspire X1200 X1300 X1301 X1420 X1420G X1700 X1800 X3812 CPU Fan | eBay

and it's $35 (free shipping). Whether the OEM one has enough proprietary features to justify the expense over a generic, I have no idea.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268143-need-cpu-fan-replacement-acer-aspire-x1300.html
Relevancy 76.54%

My laptop's keyboard stopped working (only the "a" and "1" keys will work). I believe this to be a hardware problem and would like to know what the exact model for a replacement keyboard is and where I could purchase one. After some researching some opinions said to change the entire top plate of the laptop, if that is a better solution I would need the model for it as well. Thank you

A:Need replacement keyboard for Acer Aspire E5 571 5...

Hello, Have you performed a power reset?Have you tried this using an external keyboard?Press Windows key + [X]  to open the device manager.In Device Manager, expand keyboard and right click and then click Uninstall.When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click OK.Restart the computer.After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Need-replacement-keyboard-for-Acer-Aspire-E5-571-509R/td-p/439278/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi there TechSpot Long time since I last posted but I had a very specific question I m not sure I could get answered elsewhere So my lady friend has been doing all her computing on her Droid RAZR (possible V5 -- replacement GPU y/n?) Acer Aspire Laptop which is kind of sad for me - as a long time system builder and power user - to watch With Christmas coming up her parents and I were going to buy her a laptop Now I work at an electronics retailer and on Black Friday we Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) started selling the Acer Aspire Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) V for I impulse bought it figuring with a GHz Core i and gigs of RAM it was no weakling for a beginner I ve always fantasized about playing games with an SO cooperatively and I thought maybe just maybe this rig could manage FPS in simple games like Magicka or even ambitiously Left Dead But no such luck despite the age of those games My question given that it s got Intel HD integrated graphics it s doubtful the machine even has a PCIe port on the motherboard But before I tear it apart to find out I thought I might Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) ask the wise minds of TechSpot So anybody have any idea if I can upgrade this sucker TL DR Bought a budget laptop for my girlfriend Want to know if I can upgrade from integrated video on this particular model an Acer V - nbsp

A:Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?)

There's no way to upgrade a video card in a laptop unless it's something from ASUS, MSI, Alienware, (If you're lucky)

But even if you could, the upgrade would probably be anywhere from $200-$600+ maybe even more. Old 7900GTX Go cards are still fetching roughly $100 on Ebay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gpu-replacement-acer-aspire-v5-possible-y-n.187518/
Relevancy 75.68%

I am looking for a replacement battery for my ACER Aspire 3634WLMi laptop and have noticed one available in Australia which is listed as a replacement for the Aspire 3630 and wondered if anyone could advise if this would be a suitable replacement for me.

Part number for the existing battery is:
Sanyo 4UR18650Y-QC219 Rating 14.8v at 2000mAh.

The replacement however is quoted at 11.10V at 6600mAh.

Anyone have any idea if the voltage difference will cause any problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-battery-acer-aspire-3634wlmi.867084/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, I am in need to change my Acer Aspire V3-571G laptop's battery. There are 10.8V, 4400mAh / 48Wh parameters on original battery and I want to replace with battery having 11.1V, 4400mAh / 49Wh parameters. Will I have any issues with new battery? Is it safe for my laptop? Will it do any damage to my laptop?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-battery-replacement/td-p/440064/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello nbsp I recently bought a faulty Acer S - that I wanted to fix The problem was with the iSSD board as soon as you turned the PC on the board started overheating one of the chips was faulty from measuring the heat I guess it was either power regulating chip or the ssd controller chip the device turned off after about - seconds after that nbsp Since the price of this board is aproximatelly as high as an entire functional Aspire replacement board iSSD Acer S3-391 laptop I dediced not to buy this one but the similiar one that had a mSATA slot and integrated wifi otherwise it looked the same connectors were also the same and it fitted the notebook nicely everything went smooth but Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement I encountered a problem when I turned on the laptop the battery wasnt charging nbsp I measured the voltages on the battery Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement and of the three cells each had V which means about V together missing V for total V as the battery specs say Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement so I left it recharge over hours but nothing happened any ideas nbsp Thanks

A:Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement

Was it charging before you replaced the "iSSD board"? If it was, then the board is the problem.Maybe the "wrong" board is causing something to get crossed or shorted.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S3-391-iSSD-board-replacement/td-p/422382/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 75.68%

I need to replace the keyboard on my acer laptop. My cat pulled a bunch of keys off and broke them. I have the replacement keyboard. How do you remove the old keyboard and install a new one?

HELP please

A:Acer Aspire 4720z keyboard replacement

Welcome to TSG forums.
Go here and download the manual for your computer. This should have guidelines for you.
http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?...tx1g.c2att92=453&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2054404012
VIcks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4720z-keyboard-replacement.909664/
Relevancy 74.82%

I Acer 15.4" Aspire screen 5000 replacement was a bit too harsh on my acer aspire I haven t been good about using it at a desk and the finishing blow to the screen was when it slid off my lap onto a tile floor after the screen had Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement already been flickering for about a month and I ended up damaging the screen to the point where the backlight will turn on but the LCD part of the screen will not function I started asking around and took the cover off of the screen to see if it was simply a broken connection or something simple to fix I noticed that the only electrical connections are two that are at the base of the screen After talking to a person from geeksquad even though they Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement don t sell Acers it sounds like if I could manage to find a quot screen that is compatible with my acer I should be able to replace it myself However I m nervous that I may have not seen a connection that would require some soldering a technique I have not yet mastered Has anyone tried anything like this with an acer before or could the problem possibly be something else that I may have overlooked nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement

Hello, toret5, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it would be easier for you to just buy a whole new monitor, plus, as you say, a connection could have broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5000-15-4-screen-replacement.95322/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello everyone!

I recently bought a new keyboard for my Aspire 7741G. I wanted to replace the old kb with the new one, but i`m having problems removing the old keyboard. I`ve unscrewed all screws, but the top "plate" (the one that holds the keyboard) is still holding somewhere in the middle. Any advice on how to remove the keyboard? Or if someone knows where to find a service guide/manual for this laptop. Any answer is appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Acer Aspire 7741G keyboard replacement

I don't know about Aspires, but while replacing a HDD in a Sony Vaio, the final screw holding the top plate was underneath the keyboard. All around the keyboard edges, there were "almost invisible" brackets holding the keyboard down. Had to use a very small screwdriver to carefully pop them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-7741g-keyboard-replacement.975568/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am BEYOND frustrated with this laptop I have had it sent for repair troubleshooting TWICE now It has been super slow since the day I got it Should have just returned it memory is always at is 99%, som... v5-122p cpu aspire while I could nbsp Anyway the CPU is constantly at even with nothing running Sometimes it starts up and apps will run okay with just internet being really slow But mostly it is just altogether too slow to do anything on Have reset to factory settings several times as well so trust me that does nothing Took off McAfee as someone reccommended Checked aspire v5-122p cpu is always at 99%, memory is som... all the startup prgrams and have nothing unneccesary nbsp I also have trouble with updates They just load and load and won't install Sometimes it will say it failed for an unknown reason it aspire v5-122p cpu is always at 99%, memory is som... literally told me that once Other times the computer just freezes Or it is slow to even install one little update and just gets stuck in one place No extra stuff on there no viruses I can't figure out why the cpu and memory are always so high What is the ideal numbers Any ideas as to what is causing this My warranty ended the beginning of this aspire v5-122p cpu is always at 99%, memory is som... month so ACER won't help me anymore even though they kept assuring me nothing was wrong Help

A:aspire v5-122p cpu is always at 99%, memory is som...

After you restore to factory settings, does the speed improve any, even if for just a short time? I want to look into why you are still having problems after repair. Can you please send me a private message with your name, phone number, and serial number, so I can investigate further.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-v5-122p-cpu-is-always-at-99-memory-is-sometimes-at-100-so/td-p/369605/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 69.66%

I am BEYOND always 99%, is aspire memory cpu at som... v5-122p is frustrated with this laptop I have had it sent for repair troubleshooting TWICE now It has been super slow since the day I got it Should have just returned it while I could nbsp Anyway the CPU is constantly at aspire v5-122p cpu is always at 99%, memory is som... even with nothing running Sometimes it starts up and apps will run okay with just internet being really slow But mostly it is just altogether too slow to do anything on Have reset to factory settings several times as well so trust me that does nothing Took off McAfee as someone reccommended Checked all the startup prgrams and have nothing unneccesary nbsp I also have trouble with updates They just load and load and won't install Sometimes it will say it failed for an unknown reason it literally told me that once Other times the computer just freezes Or it is slow to even install one little update and just gets stuck in one place No extra stuff on there no viruses I can't figure out why the cpu and memory are always so aspire v5-122p cpu is always at 99%, memory is som... high What is the ideal numbers Any ideas as to what is causing this My warranty ended the beginning of this month so ACER won't help me anymore even though they kept assuring me nothing was wrong Help

After you restore to factory settings, does the speed improve any, even if for just a short time? I want to look into why you are still having problems after repair. Can you please send me a private message with your name, phone number, and serial number, so I can investigate further.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-122p-cpu-is-always-at-99-memory-is-sometimes-at-100-so/td-p/369605
Relevancy 69.66%

I am BEYOND frustrated with this laptop I have had it sent for repair troubleshooting TWICE now It has been super slow since the day I got it Should have just returned it while I could nbsp Anyway the CPU is constantly at even with nothing running Sometimes it starts up and apps will run okay with just internet being really slow But mostly is memory always is aspire 99%, v5-122p at som... cpu it is just altogether too slow to do anything on Have reset to factory settings several times as well so trust me aspire v5-122p cpu is always at 99%, memory is som... that does nothing Took off McAfee as someone reccommended Checked all the startup prgrams and have nothing unneccesary nbsp I also have trouble with updates They just load and load and won't install Sometimes it will say it failed for an unknown reason it literally told me that once Other times the computer just freezes Or it is slow to even install one little update and just gets stuck in one place No extra stuff on there no viruses I can't figure out why the cpu and memory are always so high What is the ideal numbers Any ideas as to what is causing this My warranty ended the beginning of this month so ACER won't help me anymore even though they kept assuring me nothing was wrong Help

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-v5-122p-cpu-is-always-at-99-memory-is-sometimes-at-100-so/td-p/369605
Relevancy 69.23%

I upgraded from to and then to via Microsoft online about weeks ago The problem started right away but then seemed to resolve Suddenly now get Aspire Upgraded to Windows blu... 10, V5-122P it is happening again Sometimes several times in a row other times it is infrequent Always unpredictable Blue screen reads driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations and then computer restarts I do receive all continuing Windows updates automatically nbsp Strangely Apps and features in Settings shows that I have two identical Windows Driver Packages that were installed in December when I upgraded why two but they are shown as version with a date of Upgraded Aspire V5-122P to Windows 10, now get blu... I have looked on the Acer site for Windows drivers and BIOS updates but the only ones shown are for and nbsp I couldn't find an answer in this forum through a search on already-answered questions nbsp Should I install the latest Acer BIOS update listed it seems rather old Would that BIOS be compatible with Windows and safe to try Or do I need a new BIOS update and where do I find it Where do I find the right drivers All of my current system drivers show as OK when I run msinfo nbsp I cannot trust this machine and so Upgraded Aspire V5-122P to Windows 10, now get blu... tried to use my recovery USB to Upgraded Aspire V5-122P to Windows 10, now get blu... get back to factory Windows The Recovery feature now says that recovery via USB is not possible I changed the boot order in BIOS to make USB the priority but nothing changed I cannot undo Windows via windows old because more than days have passed since I upgraded I have removed any anti-virus software except Windows Defender which I run frequently and shows no infections I need help in fixing Windows or getting my USB recovery function to work Thanks

A:Upgraded Aspire V5-122P to Windows 10, now get blu...

Probably there is or are some drivers to update to windows 10 version. windows 10 normally will update them but for unknow reason that doesn't always work. do you have any antivirus installed? i would update BIOS too, even if it's an "old" version.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Upgraded-Aspire-V5-122P-to-Windows-10-now-get-blue-screen/td-p/409564/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 69.23%

I have an Acer Aspire V5-122P-0889 ultra-thin netbook. It came factory with 4Gb DDR3 ram, 204 pin. I can't find any information regarding upgrading the ram. I need to know how far the ram is expandable and what MHz of SO-DIMM memory modules to get. Does anyone know this information?This is what I'm considering getting: CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Laptop Memory single module.  Will this work in this latop? 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:ram upgrade for aspire v5-122p-0889

This model has  2 GB of single-channel, onboard DDR3 system memory and is upgradable to 6 GB of dual-channel DDR3 system memory using a single soDIMM moduleThere is only  of DIMM socket ehich can handle Maximum memory size  4 GBSince 2GB is onbord, you have the option to install only one 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM  with  1333/1066 MHz and 1.35 V wiht  204-pin SO-DIMM package.  Click the Kudos to say ?Thanks? for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/ram-upgrade-for-aspire-v5-122p-0889/td-p/351931/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 69.23%

Why does my Aspire not show the Win 10 upgrade app?All up to date with current updates..... 

A:aspire V5-122p windows 10 upgrade

PeeCee,

The V5-122P is in the list of eligible systems. We have an article created here that talks about an app to perform a check if the icon is not appearing.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-V5-122p-windows-10-upgrade/td-p/371498
Relevancy 69.23%

What is the maximum RAM for Aspire V5-122P running Windows 10 Pro? I currently have 6 GB ram installed.

A:What is the maximum RAM for Aspire V5-122P running...

Hello, Aspire V5-122P supports up to 6Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz (2Gb onboard + 4Gb) so you already have the maximum amount.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/What-is-the-maximum-RAM-for-Aspire-V5-122P-running-Windows-10/td-p/443083
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I need help with my acer aspier 122p, i recently received it from my father so i could complete school, he had told me that it may need a new battery because it wont turn on, but i read online that the computer will run without a batter if it is plgged into the charger.i tried doing all the power button things that it said, but it srill wont turn on, nothing happens when i try to turn it on no lights or anything. He then told me that he had tried taken it apart and the CMOS battery fell out and was slidding around inside the laptop before he noticed it fell out, it worked greak when he got it, only stopped when he took it apart. I need help figuring out the problem. Please. It is very important that i finish school.

A:acer aspier 122p

You may need to open the computer and check it inside. If you don't have any knowledge send it to a tech for repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspier-122p.1161238/
Relevancy 68.37%

So I was updating my driver using auto detect and it said the best driver for this device are :radeon-crimson-16.3.2-minimalsetup.exe then I downloaded it and the program start automatically without any compatible error but right in the moment where it install the driver (where the screen should have goes off and on) it does goes off but it didn't goes on so I get a black/blank screen, I've wait for like 2-3 hours and it still the same so i have to restore the laptop using restore point. is there any way i could update my driver without any problem? my driver version are in the picture. Thanks for your attention. Cheers~

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Updater-can-t-install-vga-driver-on-Aspire-V5-122p-AMD/td-p/437557/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I need helpi have a acer aspire v - p- -as model nx m waa netbook it originally came with win nbsp updated to nbsp And since then nothing but problems everytime that an update is released it I'd downloaded but the files end up to nbsp missing or crrupted registry keys and service registration nbsp And I think because of this download is not completing and it goes into a loop attempting to download and update the laptop crashing failed, 10 ke... aspire Win v5-122p, update registery the laptop nbsp slowing down the operation etc this has happened several times since update to win nbsp I have attempted to do system restore to an earlier date but failed error x each time I end up taking aspire v5-122p, Win 10 update failed, registery ke... it to geek squad of Best Buy the hardware has been check several times all working fine issue is the software win updates everytime they end up doing a factory system restore force download and update win with latest updates then the machine works fine until the next win update and same issue all over again and yes the laptop is back at the geek squad again after lastweek's win update they are still trying to figure out what is the issue FYI nbsp this has happened several time same problems after the update same results same cure I know that there has to be a better way to resolve aspire v5-122p, Win 10 update failed, registery ke... this any my one with any idea Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-122p-Win-10-update-failed-registery-keys-error-service/td-p/464325
Relevancy 68.37%

I was recording myself playing netbook stop V5 -122P won't restarting Aspire Blameless that I just download from Steam I wasn't doing anything much and then suddenly my netbook turned off At first I thought my battery Aspire V5 -122P netbook won't stop restarting was low but suddenly the blue screen with a sad face appeared I waited for it to repair itself only to notice it repeating again and again The small text on the bottom of the blue screen was too fast for me to see what was the problem I tried to search on the internet on how to fix this and currently none of them works Alt doesn't work I can't remove the battery because it's inside and I can't Aspire V5 -122P netbook won't stop restarting seem to find a small screwdriver Turning it off and on by holding the power button doesn't work either I don't want to buy another netbook because this was a birthday gift I use a Windows netbook if you guys want to know Please help me I also use this netbook for school

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-122P-netbook-won-t-stop-restarting/td-p/461373
Relevancy 68.37%

I have an Aspire V P- laptop with an AMD A card gigs of memory -bit and Windows It's more than the Card Wireless V5 and Aspire 122p disappearing a year old used for work and personal writing and has been fairly dependable -- until this summer I started the computer one in June morning and the familiar Wi-Fi icon was gone replaced with the no network connections available icon Rebooted tried troubleshooting wizard etc The answer that I got was that no wireless card was installed The Broadcom Aspire V5 122p and the disappearing Wireless Card Wireless card that was there before was no longer recognized Installing a new driver was Aspire V5 122p and the disappearing Wireless Card pointless because as far as the system was concerned there was no card at all Aspire V5 122p and the disappearing Wireless Card I needed to install hardware first then the drivers Contacted Acer help The laptop is now out of warranty so they were of limited assistance The only help I got from the Tech Eduard G was to reset the computer and reinstall Windows Which I did and which did indeed work All of my files were on the cloud so I didn't lose any data Still it took me a few nights to get the computer back up and running I managed to get my apps reinstalled and my settings back the way I like them THIS TIME however I created backups and set a recovery point in case of further shenanigans which occurred nbsp three days ago I tried to go back to my restore point but it still didn't recognize the card Resetting the computer back to bare-basics Windows did the trick I reset the computer again and it once again found the card I reinstalled my apps this time I'd put them all on a thumb drive and was back up and running within hours I created a new restore point did some work and shut down nbsp And this morning it's gone again nbsp I did notice that the nbsp system did a security install yesterday soon after my most recent reset but I don't know what the contents were nbsp So do I have a bad card Is it time to ship this little guy off to someone for repairs Or is there a system update that is interfering with the card's driver that's causing this and how do I work around it Any help will be greatly appreciated

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-122p-and-the-disappearing-Wireless-Card/td-p/450418
Relevancy 68.37%

I was recording myself playing Blameless that I just download from -122P Aspire V5 stop won't netbook restarting Steam I wasn't doing anything much and then suddenly my netbook turned off At first I thought my battery was low but suddenly the blue screen with a sad face appeared I waited for it Aspire V5 -122P netbook won't stop restarting to repair itself only to notice it repeating again and again The small text on the bottom of the blue screen was too fast for me to see what was the problem I tried to search on the internet on how to fix this and currently none of them works Alt doesn't work I can't remove the battery because it's inside and I can't seem to find a small screwdriver Turning it off and on by holding the power button doesn't work either I don't want to buy another netbook because this was a birthday gift I use a Windows netbook if you guys want to know Please help me I also use this netbook for school

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-V5-122P-netbook-won-t-stop-restarting/td-p/461373
Relevancy 68.37%

Apire V5-122P - 0647 with windows 10,will i was working, a pop-up about windows updated. Later the screen went black and the PC didn't restart (1 hour wait). Went restart (battery power pin used) welcome screen Acer and the rotating circle freeze about 5 second later. Did it exist downloable USB factory setting disk ? Thank you.

A:aspire v5-122p-0647 boot failure

if you just need to refresh/reset, try to press Alt+F10 at boot and choose the option you need.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/aspire-v5-122p-0647-boot-failure/td-p/456165
Relevancy 68.37%

Computer is the Acer Aspire V5-122p The behavior is: After pressing the power button to turn on the computer, the keyboard backlight and LED indicators and the fan all turn on, but the screen is black. I have tried connecting to external monitor with same result. There is no Acer logo, no blinking cursor, nor anything appearing on the screen. When the computer is turned on (without AC cord plugged in), and I plug in the AC power cord, I hear one 'beep' as the cord is plugged in. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

A:Black Screen on boot - Aspire V5-122p

Hello, Have you tried a battery reset with a paperclip on the bottom?Have you recently performed an update of the bios?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Black-Screen-on-boot-Aspire-V5-122p/td-p/404692
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi. I own an Aspire V5-122p netbook and I recently upgraded my OS from windows 8 to windows 10. My problem is that the brightness control does not work and this has been existing prior to the windows 10 upgrade. I tried to adjust the brightness using both the Fn keys and brightness bars in settings but to no avail. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thank you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Brightness-control-malfunction-ASPIRE-V5-122P-Dual-Core-AMD4/td-p/433677/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.51%

My screen display black screen after installing windows 10, Even boot setup is not coming. I'm not able to install windows 10 again via Flash-drive(USB). Please help

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-V5-122p-black-screen-problem-after-installing-windows-10/td-p/449901
Relevancy 67.08%

My acer sleekbook touchscreen 11.6" V5-122P-0862 shows in settings as connected to wifi  but when I search a site, there is a message returned which says "This page cannot be displayed". This happens to all searches. My emails, skype, and viber, however, work well. Acer Experts please help! Thank you in advance.

A:My acer sleekbook touchscreen 11.6" V5-122P-0862 ...

No experts of Acers here? I will not consider buying an Acer again in my life because nobody can help me solvemy technical problems.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/My-acer-sleekbook-touchscreen-11-6-quot-V5-122P-0862-as/td-p/309206/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

Recently Ive had an issue where my V5 just shut off out of nowhere and would not boot up. I would do the battery reset, and sometimes it would work, other times it wouldnt. The times where I have been able to get it toboot up, I'd use it for a few minutes and then it would again randomly shut off. Now it seems to be stuck in a constant cycle of getting to the Acer screen,and shutting off. It will not get past this screen, and I cannot access the BIOS... computer will not stay on long enough. Battery is good and takes a full charge, cooling fan works, and I hear the HDD start to spin. Could it be a bad MB? Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-122p-0408-randomly-shuts-off-wont-boot/td-p/454867
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a month old Acer Aspire E 15 laptop. Its touchpad is very hard and for normal touch it just keeps roaming picking up cells. It can only be stopped by taking off the finger and then carefully taking cursor to an empty cell and press hard to click so the several picked up cells get released and I can work further. I tried Fn+F7 suggested by a forum member but it acts only an On/Off switch for the touchpad. Press Fn+F7 and it goes off, press again it comes back. But the hardness remains. A click with the touchpad means press the touchpad hard till it literally 'clicks'. Looks like the machine will be usable only with a mouse. Before I had a Lenovo and never faced any such problem. Anyone faced such a problem?And any solutions? 

A:New Acer Aspire E15. Touchpad very hard and diffic...

Hi,If you have Precision Touchpad in your laptop, go to Settings, Devices and select mouse and touchpad, try disabling features one by one and test whether it resolves the problem, when you say that you have to press hard, did you mean physically? If it is, then it may be a hardware problem and needs a technicians attention.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/New-Acer-Aspire-E15-Touchpad-very-hard-and-difficult-to-move/td-p/463601
Relevancy 64.93%

I have the above named netbook and I think I have to replace the hard drive. My question is ... is there any difference between a Sata drive and a Sata II drive ?
It has a Sata II drive ( HTS543216L9A ) in it now. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire One ZG5 Hard Dirve question

SATA can only run at max speed of 1.5/GPS SATA II can run up to 3.0GPBS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-zg5-hard-dirve-question.141220/
Relevancy 64.5%

I was looking at upgrading to a ssd drive, but given the prices, I was wondering if I could install the ssd drive in addition to my current hard drive? Does anyone know if this model has enough space? That way I could have windows and most of my files on the ssd and extra storage space on the hard drive.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-571p-6454-Two-hard-drives/td-p/452784
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey gang,I have an acer aspire axc-603g that is stuck in a loop boot after running windows updates. I can't get it to boot to a Hiren's CD or USB drive. I've tried disabling secure boot in the bios and enabling the boot menu but whenever I access the boot menu the only option that shows up is "windows boot manager" which then sends me back into the boot loop. The bios version is P11-B0I'm at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606225/acer-aspire-wont-boot-to-cd-or-usb-drive/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey gang,
I have an acer aspire axc-603g that is stuck in a loop boot after running windows updates. I can't get it to boot to a Hiren's CD or USB drive. I've tried disabling secure boot in the bios and enabling the boot menu but whenever I access the boot menu the only option that shows up is "windows boot manager" which then sends me back into the boot loop. The bios version is P11-B0
I'm at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74134-acer-aspire-wont-boot-cd-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I've been having on and off problems with my drive for a while where sometimes its fine but alot of the time it just doesnt seem to read any real cd/dvd or any writeable cd's/dvd's.

Sometime's when entering Real and Writeable discs, i get prompted to format the disc which in most cases can't because of it being a genuine cd/dvd. Over the past few days now it just doesnt seem to recognise anything. asking to insert a disc and spitting on the current disc i have put in.

I've attached a photo on the computer as i dont know how to get under the top without messing about and probably breaking something!

A:Acer Aspire L5100 CD/DVD Drive

I forgot to add there are no issues with any drivers or any of the discs used.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-l5100-cd-dvd-drive.833975/
Relevancy 63.21%

Alrighty I ve got a complicated one Machine is a Acer Aspire not sure on the numbers - its a xx notebook running vista Home Prem SP Customers brought it in with the DVD drive not working was sent away to a repairers drive was replaced tested ok then sent back it was lost on the way back and took - to arrive but hey thats not the issue The customers brought the machine to me today saying that once again the drive Acer Aspire, problem Drive CD/DVD Odd isn t working - which I thought was odd but heres the deal When Windows is is booted normally the drive doesn t function at all No power no nothing if I run the microsoft fix it tool it says it can see that the drive isn t working properly or something but cannot fix it When the computer is booted into safe mode the drive functions normally - so you d assume a fault with windows but here s the twist The BIOS doesn t see the drive therefore you can t even boot from CD s - so how the hell would it work in safe mode I thought I d just do a restore on the computer anyway to see if I could get it Acer Aspire, Odd CD/DVD Drive problem function in normal mode called the customer asked them if it was OK to do a restore which was fine but booted into the Acer Aspire, Odd CD/DVD Drive problem Recovery mode and was then prompted to enter the quot empowering technoloy password quot - called the customer whats your password on the system recovery - customer what system recovery what password I looked on the net and found possibilities like quot acer quot quot recovery quot quot quot - nothing there works either so at this stage im very open to suggestion - the customers don t want to have their machine sent back again incase it gets lost again which of course is understandable nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

my aspire e 15  es1-512-c9y5 came with windows ten and i have no acces to the cd drive. my cd drive is not listed under devices and printers how do i fix this?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/my-acer-aspire-has-no-cd-drive-driver-help-please/td-p/448409
Relevancy 62.78%

I am looking to purchase one but I dont know the specs of the drive sot itself. Can anyone help?

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire e15: what model of optical drive will ...

Hello, No problem. Here are the parts you will need:Spoiler (Highlight to read)42.ML9N2.001ODD.BEZEL33.ML9N2.003ODD.BRACKETKO.00807.016DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (PANASONIC)KO.00807.020DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (PANASONIC)KO.0080D.014DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (HLDS)KO.0080D.017DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (HLDS)42.ML9N2.001ODD.BEZEL33.ML9N2.003ODD.BRACKETKO.00807.016DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (PANASONIC)KO.00807.020DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (PANASONIC)KO.0080D.014DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (HLDS)KO.0080D.017DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (HLDS)You could request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by phone or by chat. Remark:HLDS: Hitachi Lg Data Storage

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-e15-what-model-of-optical-drive-will-fit-into-an/td-p/387860
Relevancy 62.78%

As the title reads I'm not able to boot to flash drive on my Acer laptop. I have Hirens boot program installed uising Grub4dos to configure the downloaded ISO of the hirens boot disk.
when computer start press I F2 to enter the bios, I go to Boot and chose USB HDD then press F5 to get it to the top to number 1. then go to EXIT and press exit Saving changes.

When restarting the computer it goes directly to the screen taking me to Windows 8.1.

When going back to the boot options it shows that none of the changed configuration has changed.
Any ideas?

A:Acer Aspire e17 won't boot to flash drive

<BUMP> I can't believe there are not others that have had this issue.
When attempting to boot to USB My changes I've made when going to the bios for whatever reason do not stay after clicking F10. Thanks in advance for your reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-e17-wont-boot-to-flash-drive.215411/
Relevancy 62.78%

Does the Acer Aspire E5-574g have the sata connection for a 2nd hdd via a optical drive caddy? The e5-574g does not come with an optical drive installed. If it is possible, will a 9.5mm drive caddy work in this computer?

A:optical drive caddy for 2nd hdd in acer aspire e5-...

Hello, Unscrew the screw marked in the attachment and remove the dummy ODD. You should see normally a SATA connector in the bottom of the housing. The heigh of the original ODD is 9.0mm.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/optical-drive-caddy-for-2nd-hdd-in-acer-aspire-e5-574g/td-p/426214/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, I'm currently having problems with my dvd drive on my laptop, I'm aware that there are many threads with almost identical problems to mine but no solutions I've tried seem to work.

The drive dosen't appear in my computer, and in device management does appear but with the alert sign over it. When reistalling the drive it says "problem during installation". I've also tried installing new drivers and firmware from the acer website but this hasn't helped. I haven't added or changed anything on the computer I can think of, rather studidly I hadn't set any system restore points.

My laptop is the Acer Aspire 5610.

System information:

Microsoft Windows XP
Media Centre Edition
version 2002
Service Pack 3

Genuine Intel CPU
T2300 @ 1.66 GHz
1.3GHz, 0.99BG of RAM.

The DVD drive is:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM DSA-T10N

Any help would be great, Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-problem-acer-aspire-5610.858275/
Relevancy 62.35%

HI

My Toshiba C650d fell of my bed the other day and my hard drive is damaged. When I boot the laptop up I get no bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key. I have done some research and found out basically my Hard Drive is F*^K%D. I did'nt have many important files on there so I dont care about losing them but I dont wont to get it repaired as it will cost about the same as getting a half decent Notebook.

Is it possible to buy a New Hard drive that fits my Laptop. Would this make my Laptop boot up and start or do I need to fork out and get another?

If so how do I get a Hard Drive that I know will (fit in my laptop) with my Laptop.

Really need some help here!

A:Hard Drive Replacement for Broken Hard Drive

Here is one Seagate Momentus 7200.4 ST9320423AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive - 49.99You will need windows re-installation CD in order to get Windows back on it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422154/hard-drive-replacement-for-broken-hard-drive/