Windows Support Forum

Paralell WLAN/Wifi file transfer slower than sequential?

Q: Paralell WLAN/Wifi file transfer slower than sequential?

Assume I have two computers A and B which are connected (through WLAN/Wifi router) in an inhouse net.

Now I have to transfer huge file archives (> 10 GB) from A to B and other huge file archives from B to A.

I could either do this file transfers
1) in parallel (=start copying files from A to B and from B to A at the same time)
or
2) wait until file copying from A to B is finished and then start B to A.

What is faster?

I could imagine that protocol overhead and interrupts in case 1 could slow down throughput.
On the other hand I could use in case 1 unused upload capacity into the opposite direction during download.

Any recommendations for this scenario?

Peter

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Paralell WLAN/Wifi file transfer slower than sequential?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Paralell WLAN/Wifi file transfer slower than sequential?

Safer is point 2.
It may use some RAM or pagefile to store the buffer.
Read is faster than Write.

Go to a shop deal with cable.
Ask for twisted cable where you can joint both computer, to able to see both.
Ask the staff as they will explain more in detail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399136-paralell-wlan-wifi-file-transfer-slower-than-sequential.html
Relevancy 93.31%

My network is like this G router connected on LAN of TP-Link Wireless router G router TP-Link Wifi Wifi Disabled Wifi Enabled DHCP ON DHCP OFF I am transfer laptops between Wifi internet slower over File than speed using TP-Link because i needed more LAN ports as G router is having only one Now I have laptops connected to TP-Link wireless router I am getting same bandwidth of around Mbps from my G internet connection that is download upload speed of around KBps wether the USB is connected directly to laptop or to the G router But if I transfer between shared folders on my laptops speed that i get is never File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed more than KBps that is around Kbps I have cjhecked with Inssider there File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed is no signal interference by any other wifi nearby Also i have tested using open security of wifi tried changing between bit amp - bit encryption sharing setting on both systems amp disabled all antivirus amp firewall on both There is no change in speed Wifi is in the same room no more the meters away mode is N and MHz bandwidth setting I can't understand how the speed i get from my internet connection is faster than my local laptops Also the specified bandwidth is Mbs that is MBps and i don't even get File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed MBps

A:File transfer over Wifi between laptops slower than internet speed

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I'd try fiddling with the router's wireless mode setting - usually on Mixed mode. Experiment - Set it to N (if available) or G/N or G. You may also fiddle with your Wi-Fi adapter's setting if available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347508-file-transfer-over-wifi-between-laptops-slower-than-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Here is my brain slower when file much from machine one originated transfer Same teaser One machine on my home LAN uploads files to other computers very slowly although the same file transfer originated from the other computer proceeds normally Fundamentally there are four computers Three run Windows -bit professional or ultimate The fourth runs Windows XP service pack three - Zotac Windows Mediacenter Windows Deb Windows Ben Dell -Windows XP All of the computers have one gigabyte ethernet circuitry and the switch is one gigabyte I have used the same GB file to to the testing using the straightforward Windows Explorer copy and paste functions - The computer named quot Zotac quot is a machine which seems to upload very slowly - Listed below are file transfer times between the C drives of the one Same file transfer much slower when originated from one machine gigabyte file As you can see the same file transfer differs depending on which machine originates it - From Zotac to Mediacenter uploaded from Zotac-seven hours downloaded from Mediacenter - seconds - From Zotac to Deb Windows uploaded from Same file transfer much slower when originated from one machine Zotac-seven hours downloaded from Deb Windows - seconds - The Zotac machine seems to be able to upload to the Windows XP machine properly however Interestingly the same file transfer originated from the Windows XP machine proceeds somewhat more slowly - From Zotac to Ben Dell-Windows XP uploaded from Zotac min downloaded from Bendell - min - Because the same problematic slow file uploads from machine quot Zotac quot occur properly when originated from other machines I have to assume that the hard drive read write functions as well as the network infrastructure are operating correctly There are no video streaming or other file transfers occurring on the network - Any recommendations or tips much appreciated Thank you in advance Kevin

A:Same file transfer much slower when originated from one machine

The problem wasthat my antivirus was screening the files. I use Windows Security Essentials. Surprisingly when I turned off real-time monitoring and then immediately turned it on again the problem was permanently fixed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/155018-same-file-transfer-much-slower-when-originated-one-machine.html
Relevancy 70.52%

is my file transfer rate normal or has it gotten slower for my hard disc drive I have bumped my knee into my computer and heard a scratching sound and guest it might be the hard drive since its one thing that spins when I copy big files like gb from one folder to another the transfer rate starts at around mb s drive my is rate file normal transfer slower? hard it disc or has gotten then drop down to and stays at around mb- mb per second I never pay attention to my transfer speed and is my hard disc drive file transfer rate normal or has it gotten slower? don t know if its like this has it gotten slower what are you other guys folder to folder transfer speed its the internal hard drive for my desktop specs below hard drive specs Manufacturer - Western Digital Part - WD AAKS Capacity - GB Interface - SATA Gb s Cache - MB RPM - Form Factor is my hard disc drive file transfer rate normal or has it gotten slower? - quot ------------------------------------------------ System specs Operating System- Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU- AMD FX- C Vishera nm Technology RAM- GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard- Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd A-D P CPU C Graphics- SyncMaster email protected MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series ATI AIB C Storage- GB Western Digital WDC WD AALS- L B ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives- ATAPI iHAS Y ATA Device Audio- High Definition Audio Device nbsp

A:is my hard disc drive file transfer rate normal or has it gotten slower?

That sounds normal for copying files back to itself. Speeds always start off higher while the buffer is in use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-hard-disc-drive-file-transfer-rate-normal-or-has-it-gotten-slower.1148076/
Relevancy 65.79%

When you transfer files to a laptop and you connect both the cable and the WiFi, does it use both? Or does it pick the fastest one? Or does it pick a random one?

Thx.

A:File transfer (cable vs. WiFi vs. both)

If you have a wired and wireless connection to the router, Windows will by default pick the wired connection. It's assumed that the wired connection will be the fastest one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-transfer-cable-vs-wifi-vs-both.892452/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I have a desktop PC running Win Ultimate with a secured wifi home network I wifi with File over Transfer Droid 2 also have a Droid smartphone on the network I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out a way to do file transfers between my droid mainly music and photos and pc When I try and view my PC files using any app on the droid I will see all the quot public folders quot but File Transfer over wifi with Droid 2 when I try and view any of the default music documents pictures libraries I get a user permission failure username and password authentication needed The twisted part is I have no username and password set up on my Win PC When it boots up there is no user name or password required My wife and I are the only users so we have no quot accounts set up quot The Admin is File Transfer over wifi with Droid 2 the default account and there is no password Our daughter has a PC running Win Xp and I can view all shared files on that PC via the droid Driving me nuts Any suggestions to why I am being required authentication I assume the other option would be to somehow quot include quot all my music pictures videos etc from my default library in the quot public quot libraries

A:File Transfer over wifi with Droid 2

(i'm on a rooted aria with android 3?)

it does work for me. i have a samba server on the phone that lets me access the sd-card from the 7 box, and ES file manager has a LAN tab that lets me access the win7 box from the phone - actually a bit unsecurely as i can even browse the root of C: - which i find odd as it's not shared within the OS.

few suggestions:
-forget about the "home group" or whatever that abomination is on 7. use the standard tried-out network functions.
-forget about the libraries as well - that seems like a semi-useless shortcuts collection/indexing scanario.
-do create passwords for the accounts that you want to use. i've ran into issues already in the XP era where empty passwords block network (et. al.) functions as programs expect to deal with a user/pass combo. if you're concerned about too much security, use admin/admin; share/share etc, whatever is easy to remember.
-there's issues on win7 network authentication beyond the above, and while it may not be your issue, it may also well be. android is another graphical UI flavor of linux, so samba is at the core of network browsing:
win7 group policy samba - Google Search

happy browsing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/152308-file-transfer-over-wifi-droid-2-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a client with a PS2/55 with a broken disk drive. When you put a disk in, general failure. If you put strong preassure on the disk drive from below, you get bad sector 0.. I need to transfer a lot of Word Perfect files from this machine to disk, or another medium so I can import them to the clients new machine. Optimally, I would like to be able to attach a parallel cable to from the printer port on the PS/2 DOS 5.0 machine to a windows XP laptop and transer the files using the DOS print command, or some other DOS command or > pipes or whatever and capture them with some sort of software on the windows XP machine. I can't get any sort of transfer software on the DOS box cuz the drive is broken.. Please help!

A:I need software to capture output from a paralell port into a binary file. Or ASCII

Look for Laplink or similar. It uses a parallel cable (special data transfer type) to connect 2 PC's together for file transfer

http://www.laplink.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-software-to-capture-output-from-a-paralell-port-into-a-binary-file-or-ascii.333179/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all, I'm trying to read numbers from a sequential data file using Visual Basic 6.0. This is all I got so far, but everytime I run it all the data on the form turns into zeroes... Am I not defining a variable correctly or something? I'm pretty sure the data file is set up correctly with commas and all.
Any help is appreciated!

Dim strName As String, sngHomework As Single, sngProgram1 As Single, sngProgram2 As Single, sngProgram3 As Single, sngMidterm As Single, sngFinal As Single
Open "C:\Grades.dat" For Input As #1
Do While Not EOF(1)
Input #1, strName, sngHomework, sngProgram1, sngProgram2, sngProgram3, sngMidterm, sngFinal
Select Case strName
Case "Anne"
txtHomework.Text = sngHomework
txtProgram1.Text = sngProgram1
lblScore.Caption = Val(sngHomework + sngProgram1)
End Select
Loop
Close #1

I abbreviated the select case just to save space.
So far every text box on the form just has zeroes!
Thanks in advance!

A:VB 6 Reading from a sequential file....

The best thing to do is to step through your code. You can do this by putting a brown dot just to the left of, say, the Select Case, in the border area there. When you run the program, it will stop there.

But before you do, go to View and click on Immediate Window and a box will appear, possibly anchored to the bottom of the screen (if it isn't, this is a good a place as any to anchor it). Now right click up in the top, blank area of your toolbar, and make sure Debug is checked. Here, if you mouse over, you will see a button saying Step Into.

Now, with all this done and the brown dot notating where you want the program to stop, run it. When it stops at your select case line, you can, line by line, walk through the code. As you go line to line, that particular line is not executed until you step past it.

When you get to txtHomework.text = sngHomework, down in the Immediate Window you can query the value of sngHomework by typing ?snghomework and hit enter. If it has a value, it will print it out for you. If the value is null or incorrect, you have identified your problem or isolated where the error might be.

You might want to start by stopping on your Do While and making sure, at the very beginning, that you aren't already at EOF....

Have fun,

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb-6-reading-from-a-sequential-file.360246/
Relevancy 59.34%

I can't seem to transfer files through wireless lan...
when they click the folder i shared it says access denied...
how do i change my settings to enable it?
Is wireless transfer from vista to win xp possible??

A:how to transfer files through wlan

Hi adamantium

The first thing you'd want to check are the sharing permissions for the folder(s) for which you are receiving the "Access Denied" error. Right-click the shared folder(s), select the "Security" tab, and set permissions either by user, or (if privacy isn't an issue for the files) - you can add "Everyone" to the list of "allowed".

See if that does it. [I don't think it matters whether wired or wireless].
Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-transfer-files-through-wlan-174056.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,
I've got a problem with my WLAN PCi card as the title suggests. It's a 'Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless LAN Card'

Since i bought this PC the built in WLAN card has not worked properly, I can only connect to a network if i use the Ralink software(If the software is not installed the card is completely useless ) , and then my transfer speeds are roughly 20KB/s in LAN and on the internet.
I have installed all the latest drivers from the Ralink site using administration permissions.

I'm currently using a usb wifi card which reaches speeds of 10Mb/s, so there is no problem with any other part of my computer or ISP .

Also i'm using windows 7 64 bit and my router is Netgear WGR614V9

A:Slow data transfer using PCI WLAN

There are many complaints about the Ralink RT61 adaptor working with Windows 7. This Technet thread might help you find a better driver.

Ralink RT61 or (RT256x/RT266x) causes freezing Windows 7 x64

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/81076-slow-data-transfer-using-pci-wlan.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi i need your help i have desktop computer with vista ultimate and asus wl 167g card and new laptop dell vistro with vista and with 1390 wlan card.I got perfect conection with internet sharing and wireless conectivity is excelent ,but the problem is that when i transfer files and folders that im shareing its going vary slow max 600kb/s .Please help me to resolve this problem.Thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I have a question to ask you Is there a means or a way to set the method of naming a file or folder in a sequential manner an suffix extension to the filename like etc or A B C etc or a user s own defined orderly sequence when a user has copied or TO Please Of Sequential Manner...? A File/Folder I A Means read... A Set For In Looking Am Naming The Method moved of a file or folder I Am Looking For A Means TO Set The Method Of Naming A File/Folder In A Sequential Manner...? Please read... to a folder where the same file or folder name already resides or exists I Am Looking For A Means TO Set The Method Of Naming A File/Folder In A Sequential Manner...? Please read... I am also hoping for the means for the user to ACTIVELY SET OR I Am Looking For A Means TO Set The Method Of Naming A File/Folder In A Sequential Manner...? Please read... SELECT customize the sequential manner of an extension to the file name and then set it and forget it so NO query is raised in the form of some GUI Graphic User Interface window to appear during the process of moving or copying the file or folder to a folder where the same file or folder name already resides I am not sure if there is some third party program application or software to install that performs like what I am asking above or if there is some system registry or system directory modification or change that allows for this I would think that it has connections with Windows Explorer is some manner Please provide your own detailed written steps facts suggestions hints and tips and or the best possible well written detailed and documented website links NOTE For your information I am using Windows -bit operating system which would be implicated with this issue Please reply Thank you

A:I Am Looking For A Means TO Set The Method Of Naming A File/Folder In A Sequential Manner...? Please read...

***Let me add an important point. I see it is potentially possible as a reader who has read my above initial question may have misconstrued my methodological instruction which after re-reading my initial post, I understand your perspective and I was not clear enough. Sorry about that! You may be thinking of a ?mass renaming? of files and folders where I would have a 'GROUP of files and/or folders ALREADY' to rename. NO! Sorry! What I am asking is when I add (key words) *one-by-one* either a file or folder to a folder that has a file or a folder of the same file or folder name inside, it would assign a new file or folder name extension in sequence?

Please reply.

Thank you!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425448/i-am-looking-for-a-means-to-set-the-method-of-naming-a-filefolder-in-a-sequential-manner-please-read/
Relevancy 56.76%

I made the mistake of upgrading to windows 8.1 Pro, after several issues I went back to windows 7

sine doing this i have installed all the correct drivers and i now have 2 issues

1. it will no longer charge while it asleep?
2. USB Transfer has dropped from 15MB/s to 4MB/s on same stick after full formatting

can anyone help?

thanks

A:not charging while sleeping / USB slower transfer

Did you install the Chipset drivers ?

I assume it's a laptop, what make and model ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-charging-while-sleeping-usb-slower-transfer.1143543/
Relevancy 56.76%

I made the mistake of upgrading to windows 8.1 Pro, after several issues I went back to windows 7

sine doing this i have installed all the correct drivers and i now have 2 issues

1. it will no longer charge while it asleep?
2. USB Transfer has dropped from 15MB/s to 4MB/s on same stick after full formatting

can anyone help?

thanks

A:not charging while sleeping / USB slower transfer

Mate I would run these first and see if any issues come up
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362100-not-charging-while-sleeping-usb-slower-transfer.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My WLAN button on my compaq presario cq57 is not working how can I turn on my wifi from my computer?

A:Wifi WLAN button not working

First check the status of your adapter in Device Manager, then if that is OK go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center. In the upper left corned, click on Change Adapter Settings, then look at the status of the adapter; right click it and see if the option to Enable is available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wlan-button-not-working.1155517/
Relevancy 55.47%

win 7 pro
I have an old Internet Gateway - with access point
Thomson TG585 v7 , b/g WiFi + Ethernet 100Mbps

I have installed XAMPP local server

WLAN IP 192.168.10.X worked in the past i think - access XAMPP WEB PAGES - from mobiles wireless devices, but now not work...
I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN Ethernet?
Although my mobile devices get WiFi i have only one connection - access point not shown in Network Connections win 7... ONLY GIGABIT ETHERNET SHOWN But as said mobile devices get online without problem.

how access XAMPP files from Mobile Devices on WLAN?

http://192.168.10.8/OOJS/index.html this works in pc but not on mobile

A:I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN

I think prior 1mo or so i could access from mobile... via WLAN.

PLEASE SEE THE VIDEO HERE:
Find your computer&#39;s IP address - Windows Help

HAS BOTH LAN AND WLAN CONNECTIONS IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS , AND FINDS IP FOR WLAN.

Well why me only LAN IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS not WLAN?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342273-i-have-have-two-ips-one-access-point-wifi-wlan-one-lan.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Having a WLAN problem with our Dell XPS Z running Windows Home Premium When I click on the network connections icon in the task bar it lists only Dial-up and VPN but gives no WiFi options This problem started several months ago WLAN connect - WiFi issue can't but I ve ignored it WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect until now The problem is not our router as I am currently connected to our wifi network using on another WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect laptop The problem laptop is able to connect to the internet through the router with WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect an ethernet cable If I go to Network Connections in the control panel it lists Wireless Network Connection and indicates the hardware is Intel Centrino Advanced N Here are things I ve tried to do so far none of which has resolved the problem - Ran MalwareBytes and AVG no problems found - Disable and re-enable the Wireless Network Connection Result no change - Diagnose the Wireless Network Connection Result Problems found the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer Not fixed - In Device Manager checked the Intel adapter - says it is working properly Tried updating the driver says it s the most up to date driver - Ran netsh winsock reset int ipv reset and int ipv reset and restarted the computer Result no change - System restore Looked into it but didn t do it because all the saved restore points are after the problem started - Ran services msc and tried to start the WLAN AutoConfig Result Error The authentivation service is unknown - Ran the System File Checker tool Result found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Checking the log I searched for cannot repair but nothing comes up Searching for cannot in the logs turns up some cases of cannot verify component files for Microsoft-Windows-Security-Kerberos Search for corrupt turns up nothing - Tried the things listed here http www justanswer com software fr d-hello-again-molinari-i-question-you html For the first set of suggestions - the start entries in the Ndisuio folders were already at Deleted text as instructed in quot DependOnService quot and EapHost quot and restarted the computer Result no change - For the second set of suggestions on that page making changes to specific services in services msc I got the same exact results as that person except that this fixed their problem but not mine Notably I could not find Native wifi filter or NDIS usermode io protocol and for Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and Remote Access Connection Manager I get Error The dependency service or group failed to start I then tried to start Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service as suggested It says it started then stopped Some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs That s what I ve tried I see that Native wifi filter or NDIS usermode io protocol are listed in the dependencies for the WLAN AutoConfig and these services are not showing up in my services list Any chance this is part of the problem If so how do I resolve that Any other suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I have to the WLAN work as rather Router on from a WiFi LAN a a typical situation in my Internet and LAN setup My ISP provides me with a direct LAN cable that I need to connect either into my PC or into the WiFi Router WLAN port I also have a LAN that I need to connect to so I have installed a separate LAN card for the internal LAN purposes My two setups are below with their issues I hope someone can suggest a middle grounds to have a LAN and a WiFi too Scenario The ISP cable goes into the WLAN port of the Router Cables from the router goes into my PC network card and to other PCs for LAN purposes The PC cards are all configured to automatic IP LAN Internet WiFi is now available This works fine for a few days and then the internet stops working because there is a conflict of IP The ISP expects IPs like xxx and the one on the LAN Router for my PC is Scenario Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN The ISP cable goes into network card internet sharing is enabled Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN and automatic IP with the ISP s expected IP xxx Another cable goes from my PC s network card fixed IP into the regular LAN port of the same Router Without any issues over the months the Internet works the LAN works other PCs have fixed IPs too etc but no Wifi Can I have best of both the worlds in such a situation I can t install a rd network card for sure as the slot on the mother board is limited Please advise Thanks in advance Bhavbhuti nbsp

A:Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Code:

Scenario-1
isp==>(wan)router-->PC card-1, et al (conflict 123.237,234.xxx v 192.168.1.100)

Scenario-2
ISP===->pc card-1
pc card-2==>router
scenario-1 is a configuration or firmware condition
scenario-2 is a real security issue and the primary PC is basically acting as a DMZ server and is at risk.
Here's my setup:
Code:

isp==(wan)router-1--- PCs in the same room
|
+---(lan)router-2(with wifi) - - - wifi connections in the den

configuration to make this work with full file/print sharing:
router-2:

disable DHCP in this router
setup all WiFi settings here
notice: router-2 wan slot is left empty to make this work
Router-1:

set LAN address of router one as you please (eg: 192.168.1.1 )

set an address reservation for router-2's MAC -> a fixed, constant IP address on that same subnet (eg 192.168.1.254)
set the DHCP range small (eg 2-32)
router-1 will control all auto-ip assignments for both routers.

Personally, I add another tweak;

reserve ip addresses for all of my devices into the low-end of the dhcp range (say 2-10) and
let 'guests' take addresses above 10
This gives the opportunity to allow file/print sharing to known systems (2-10) and disallow for the guests.

Setup totally within the routers allow my laptop to travel and not be effected by these choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-to-work-as-a-wifi-on-the-lan-rather-from-a-wlan.207258/
Relevancy 54.61%

My laptop used to be connected

1. wirelessly to a wireless router and
2. physically to a switch via ethernet cable to access other PCs on site

For years, I was able to

1. enjoy wireless internet access and
2. transfer big files to my other PCs via ethernet, having prioritised the LAN connection

All was well. After two months absence from work, I found the wireless router was broken, so I bought two new ones, same model as before, just in case. Windows 7 Enterprise also updated in the meantime.

Now, when the ethernet cable is plugged in, I have no wireless internet access ("Attempting to Authenticate... forever); when the ethernet cable is not plugged in, I have instant wireless access.

What could I do? I am puzzled... Thanks in advance for any advice!

A:Ethernet LAN and WIFI / WLAN not working simultaneously

Hi ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ... Some Laptops have a feature in the BIOS which will enable both connections ...

You should check there first especially if you Laptop is an HP ...

Also check out the Solutions in the Link below ...
How to use Wireless and Wired Connection both at a same time in Windows 7? - Super User

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363638-ethernet-lan-wifi-wlan-not-working-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, Need Network Drivers (WLAN, WIFI, etc) for HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab15nr on Windows 7 ? Please let me know from where i can download it. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-Network-Drivers-WLAN-WIFI-etc-for-HP-Pavilion-15/td-p/5753295
Relevancy 54.61%

This is an old iPAQ Compaq HNW- pcmcia card I m trying to install under XP w sp You can skip Transport Solved: ? - WLAN WiFi Required Is for It everything else as I am just curious IF How to install the WLAN transport under Network Properties These are the drivers links I have Solved: WLAN Transport - Is It Required for WiFi ? used I m pretty sure all one needs is the newest Apr driver utility the Microsoft website didn t list anything for me once I had these installed http hp mydriversdownload com hp- -for-Windows-XP-Hom-Edition html http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-windows-xp-driver htm TITLE Compaq iPAQ Wireless PC Card Driver for Windows XP Version V Dec Operating System s Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Windows XP Professional File name sp exe MB Download Download DESCRIPTION This contains the Windows XP driver for the Compaq iPAQ Wireless PC Card for use with any computer running Windows XP that has a PCMCIA slot This is the same driver that was in SoftPaq SP but it is packaged differently for easier installation LANGUAGE S English ENHANCEMENT S - New deployment for easier installation More details available in README TXT file unpacked when SoftPaq is executed http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-hp-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-driver-utility htm http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-hp-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-driver-utility htm PART NUMBER - A- Device Name Compaq Mbps Wireless PC Card Device ID PCMCIA COMPAQ- MBPS WIRELESS PC CARD- B TITLE iPAQ Mbps Wireless PC Card Driver and Configuration Utility VERSION Rev C Apr File name sp exe MB DOES NOT SAY XP I also found this updated link for the sp http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp product amp sw lang amp key null amp site null Now originally i noted this did not work for XP Wellllllll the information now contained inside the notes says it does I was able to install the drivers without fuss drivers first then insert the card and all seemed well without any issue but I never did try to connect It had listed that it seen some networks But once I noticed that WLAN was not listed under the Network Properties Control Panel -- gt Start -- gt Run -- gt ncpa cpl i aborted and started doing some referencing I thought WLAN was a requirement for MS Windows So really my only question is will wifi work without WLAN or what issues can one expect Thank You nbsp

A:Solved: WLAN Transport - Is It Required for WiFi ?

Well, I tried the update/control package/driver called SP20429. Needless to say it did nothing! There are sites listing this as a compatible XP driver. BS!

What did work was this item from the Microsoft Windows Update site (auto detected)

( www.update.microsoft.com ) :

"GemTek Technology Co., Ltd - Networking - Compaq 11 Mbps Wireless Pc Card
Compaq Corporation Net Driver Version 2.10.24

GemTek Technology Co., Ltd - Networking - Compaq 11 Mbps Wireless Pc Card
Date last published: 5/17/2004
Compaq Corporation Net Driver Version 2.10.24"

As you can see it lists this as a Gemtek Taiwan product for this Compaq/iPAQ HNW-100.

Normaly, you are suppose to install the drivers THEN insert this Pcmcia card. Well, you have to do just the opposite if you want the MS update site to find the driver. Insert the card and have another connection to the internet to access the website.

Or, find this file "SP19978.exe" (i found it searching online/links listed) it should get you online to check for further MS updates. The version info on the sp19978 file should be a newer item as its version is noted as v2.10.29.1029. Whether the release date of DEC 14, 2001 I've referenced is correct is unknown. Note that you could have issues if you have more then one connection and you may need to reboot. The original versions of XP and some products are a pain in the arse to make work.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS EITHER NOT CORRECT, OUTDATED, OR requires some other pertinent setting (i think its outdated or listed incorrectly):

For file SP20429 it does not to work. at least by itself! I have found it listed as compatible with XP but it explicity states CE and 2002 (ce?) and says nothing about XP in the install notes contained upon executing the file.

Links and info to sp20429:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...09&product=218401&sw_lang=&key=null&site=null

Description: This contains the software to support the Compaq iPAQ 11 Mbps Wireless PC Card on handheld devices using Windows CE 3.0, Windows for Pocket PC 2000, or Windows for Pocket PC 2002, and on notebooks that have an available PCMCIA slot and run Windows CE 3.0.
Details and specifications
File name: sp20429.exe [1/1, 1.24M]
Released: 2002-04-25
Version: 1.7.29 C

Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows CE for H/PC, Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC 2000, Microsoft Windows ME, Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC 2002
Fix/Enhancement: •Supports Package For The Web.
•Allows the Wireless PC Card to be used with WEP and 802.1x encrypted access points.
--------End non-valid info

Additional correct info and settings
WLAN is "wireless Lan" is a Wireless Network Card control protocol/language. WLAN is also an additional transport protocol that may or may not be required and either will or will not be included in your driver updates, period.

With XP and later (and possibly 2k) you can control your Wifi-NiC (Wireless Network Interface Card) by opening up your "Computer Management" Snap-In control panel which is accessed by typing "compmgmt.msc" into your Start/Run box.

Then Look under "Services" and then under "Wireless Zero Config" (WZC). Once you have found it select the properties. Under this new popup window will be these required settings: set to "Auto", "Enabled", and "Started". Thats it. These settings should not require a reboot.

Need a driver to get you going? You can either try using driverguide with the above info or use the following SP19978 (2.3mb). Between this driver and using the Windows WZC controls which is very basic and requires only TCP-IP to get you up and running and you should not have issue outside the stock settings if everything is set to auto-obtain and the firewall is off (f... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wlan-transport-is-it-required-for-wifi.968078/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, the problem I have is that every time i shutdown and power back on, my Wifi, WLAN and all the USB drivers are not working.

I found all I have to do is disable and then enable the Wifi / WLAN drivers in device manager, to start them working. And I found that If I uninstall all the USB devices in device manager they then reinstall automatically.

But then when I reboot then they are not working again.

I tried a system restore to when the drivers were working but they don't change.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from Intel's website, and tried DriverMax which says the drivers are the latest version.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a Dell Studio 1555. The Wifi / WLAN drivers are Intel.

I've tried searching on google but I haven't come across anyone with this problem. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

A:Wifi, WLAN and USB drivers disable after every reboot

re install the drivers using Dells recommended drivers http://support.dell.com/support/down...nConsent=False
hope this helps you , if you have any problems please post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/64936-wifi-wlan-usb-drivers-disable-after-every-reboot.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi fellas First of all sorry if some of you find this thread duplicate but I couldn't find one closely related to my case And the case is as follows On my HP dv - eq laptop with Atheros WiFi chipset the WiFi 'WLAN 'random' autoconfig' to dissconnects due WiFi connection drops at 'random' intervals after the laptop has been started The only thing that solves this issue albeit for short is manually disabling and then re-enabling the WLAN device from Network Adapters This manifested few months ago alas I didn't recall what I might have changed back then Sometimes it drops almost immediately after boot sometimes it takes hours to do so WiFi 'random' dissconnects due to 'WLAN autoconfig' The lappy has user accounts Exactly the same behavior on all three of them Now the only thing I could see as a possible reason from the event logs is that right before the drop an event 'WLAN Autoconfig has successfully stopped ' occurs Without any further explanation So far when I boot in Safe Mode with Networking this issue doesn't present itself for as many hours as the laptop runs Tried disabling few programs firewall antivir etc but still the same Any help is highly appreciated and I am ready to fully cooperate Thanks

A:WiFi 'random' dissconnects due to 'WLAN autoconfig'

Hi dstoynev,

By any chance are you using a Wireless Manager for your laptop?

If you have not done this yet, please remove all wireless profiles stored in your computer.
Easy Way to Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 7
Re add your SSID (wireless network) that you're trying to connect to with the correct encryption.

Have you updated your Wi-Fi adapter's driver to the latest by downloading it from the manufacturer's site?

If none of the above suggestions worked please install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector from one of your wireless computers. Double click the Xirrus Icon on your Desktop, Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached the file here.

An update will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212523-wifi-random-dissconnects-due-wlan-autoconfig.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have 135Mbps link speed support ADSL WI-FI router. I have enabled 802.11b+g+n wireless mode and use 20+40 MHz on my router. I use "WAP-PSK" authentication. In addition to that, have a 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency support router and client device.

But my network connection display (WLAN) I have a 54Mbps link speed, why is that? How do I use 135Mbps or at least 100Mbps link speed? Is it a some configuration issue? My Ethernet connection show full speed (100Mbps).

(I'm not talking about my internet connection speed).

A:Help me to use full speed my WiFi connection ( WLAN)

Brand and model of the router and the wifi card or usb thats in your PC might help, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270919-help-me-use-full-speed-my-wifi-connection-wlan.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a problem with my notebook Lenovo e31-70: I can't detect all wifi network around me.  Only if I am near a wifi router i can see Wifi Network.

I have intel pro Wireless, i downloaded driver from Lenovo support (17.14.1.1) and from intel .
I have windows 7 Professional 64bit

Is there any problem with Wifi wireless card?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E31-70-Wlan-problem-Notebook-wifi-detection-network/td-p/2205894
Relevancy 54.18%

Greetings guys, I've run into some network issues here.  I've noticed that my wifi signal became very poor, like modem is 2 feet from me, and laptop has very poor wifi signal (it wasn't like that before). I opened the laptop to see what's going on. I saw this wifi card ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/792608-005-792200-001-GENUINE-HP-WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH-CARD-ENVY-M6-P-M6-P113DX... ) . It has 2 connectors, BUT only one antenna attached to it. Where is the other antenna ? I'm pretty sure they should always include 2 antennas ? I've tried searching for it, but i didn't want to go further and disassemble all other stuff, since i don't know if i am losing warranty by it. but from what i could see, there wasn't second antenna included. I don't know why is my signal so poor, it wasn't like this before. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/15-ac035nm-Only-one-wlan-aerial-antenna-really-poor-wifi/td-p/5743636
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell 1390 Wlan in an Inspiron 1501 running Windows XP. A few weeks ago we upgraded our Internet DSL from 500 kbps to 3mbps. I'm achiving 3m with a hard connection, but still only 500k via WiFi. To see if it was the wlan card, I installed the software and used my husband's Netgear USB wireless adapter on my Inspiron. With it I get a 3m connection. Shouldn't the Dell 1390 be able to handle a 3m connection? Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

A:Slow WiFi connection w/Dell 1390 WLAN

There should be no reason that your machine can't sustain a 3mbit connection.

Top suspect would be the wireless drivers, update them from the Dell support pages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wifi-connection-w-dell-1390-wlan.902008/
Relevancy 54.18%

guys this one has me stumped cold. Dell Inspiron laptop, very clean software wise, had original mini-card [internal] which could not detect any wifi networks - known good wifi AP's. All the windows checked showed the device working properly but I finally replaced it with one of the better "n" cards out there. Same thing all over again. Put it right next to a working AP, cannot detect a thing. Antennae is hooked up properly.

If I plug a good WIFI stick into USB, it works immediately, no drama.

I have no idea what is preventing this from detecting anything. What should I be looking for?

A:WLAN Mini-card Good, but cannot detect WIFI ??

Hi zapp22,

It appears that the 'Wireless Card' is currently 'Disabled'; please check its status in 'BIOS' and 'enable' it if needed. To access 'BIOS' you may follow the steps listed below:
- Power off the laptop > Power it back on and at 'Dell splash screen', repeatedly tap 'F 2 key' (BIOS screen should appear) > Usually 'Dell Inspiron' laptops have a 'category' named 'Advanced' > Ensure that WLAN is enabled > 'Save Settings' and 'Exit'
(Note: BIOS setup may vary based on different laptop models)

If the wireless card still does not detect any networks in 'Windows', try tapping <Function><F2> or only <F2> if the previous key combination does not work. This is the 'radio control' for the 'Wireless Card' installed in the system.

Hope this helps. Do reply with the finding; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271108-wlan-mini-card-good-but-cannot-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all
I just bought a leguang N-120 usb wifi wlan card out door antenna for my windows 7 dell laptop. It works great getting 4 bars from 2000 feet away.I need to know where I can find a wireless router for it so I can use it on other computers in house. I tried using mhotspot but cannot get it to work.

A:leguang n-120 wifi usb wlan card need wireless router

From website, it seems pretty straight forward to set up.

Maybe you need to disable the on-board wireless, in case you haven't done that yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371865-leguang-n-120-wifi-usb-wlan-card-need-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi
Further to an update to windows 10 that totally screwed my laptop, I had to reinstall windows 7 (from another disk than original) and then to re install all the drivers.
I downloaded all from the sites :chipset, lan, wifi.... And everything was ok but the wifi : there is no wifi card regonized by the system
i have only a "!" on the driver (network controller)
help would be most appreciated and thanked
Kind regards

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91719-WiFi-WLan-driver-problem-on-Satellite-L505
Relevancy 54.18%

I want to start by has no card? Do I a WLAN HELP! options?! Network new need WiFi Adapter saying I have no business trying to fix this on my own but I am determined it has to be something simple I can not pin point what I did to cause my Wi Fi to stop working or disable I have tried all the trouble shooting solutions but unfortunately my magic F button will not enable let alone show the option when ghosted I took my keyboard off and verified the Realtek RTL SE is in fact there however next to Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP! Network adapters only the PCIe FE Family Controller is listed I recently tried to download the Fix offered by Toshiba and Windows restarted my computer and it is still not recognizing my Wi Fi Please tell me its an easy fix or just that I need to buy a new card Any advice is greatly appreciated But please give me the Windows Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP! for Dummies version because again I have no clue what I am doing Thanks again for any help offered Racheal

A:Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP!

Under network adapters, I included all the "Hidden Devices" in the screen capture! However the Family Controller is the only one listed otherwise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/206288-do-i-need-new-wlan-card-network-adapter-has-no-wifi-options-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

As time went on, the wireless on my laptop appears to become slower and slower. I'm connecting to the same AP and I don't beleive anything has changed on that front.

Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get my wireless speed back up?

A:Wifi slower than molassas

can you supply make and models of kit you are connected too

can you use the laptop next to the router to see how it works close up - are you able to use a cable connection to see how that works

what speed test have you used

do you have an icon in the sytem tray - normally bottom right - however over and see what speed that says your connected at

have you run virus and spyware scans at all ??

can you ping google.com

start>
run
cmd
ping google.com

post result

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
also download and run - see if other networks may be interfering - also signal to noise ratio

Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-slower-than-molassas.532232/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all I was wondering why I'm getting slower WiFi speeds from my Stream Notebook compaired to my tablet or mobile phone? I recently had a speed upgrade from my ISP and I'm getting 51mb on my tablet/phone but seem to be getting 30mb on my Notebook... Is there anything I can do?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Slower-WiFi-than-my-Tablet/td-p/5619369
Relevancy 54.18%

at work my laptop will get about 14000 kbps download and the wired machines get around 26000 kbps... should there be such a huge gap in performance? if not how can i fix it or at least help it out some..?

A:WIFI slower than wired?

Yep, there is. Fixing it requires you to redesign the nature of 802.11g low-level protocols. That might be more than you're willing to take on right now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-slower-than-wired.597387/
Relevancy 54.18%

Every other device in my home including another laptop, a desktop, gaming console & my smart TV all connect at the fastest speed through wifi. The laptop that runs Windows 8 is connecting at only half the speed. Everything has been updated and basic configurations checked. The proximity has nothing to do with the situation since the desktop is in the same room and is consistently at or around top speed. Are there settings that should be tweaked to get the Windows 8 laptop to connect at the fastest speed? Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Relevancy 53.32%

hi
when i buy satellite c50-b892 its windows 8.10 but recent i setup windows 7 but now i cant install wifi and bluethoot driver and cant connect it.
i try to download driver but its not work can help me plz

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90031-Can-t-setup-WiFi-WLAN-and-Bluetooth-driver-on-Satellite-C50-b892
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Friends I've been running into issues with wifi connectivity ever since the Fall update of Windows Symptons typically include first a limited connection yellow icon and second no connection available red icon This typically happens with - minutes after startup Rebooting helps sporadically In addition I have tried the following netsh int ip reset netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled netsh int tcp help issues wanted Wlan 10 - 802.11n card wifi connectivity - Windows set global autotuninglevel disabled netsh int tcp set global rss enabled This works upon reboot however symptons continue to appear again Here are the specifics about my system Windows HomeVersion - OS Build - x n Wlan Card more information below Drivers updated through DriverTalent Driver management program reporting version -- gt Device manager gt Network adapter gt n Wlan card reports version Windows updated installed KB dec and KB dec Hardware Model Asus X LA Intel Core i - GHZ GB RAM Intel HD Graphics Network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family controler - ethernet Hardware ID PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV amp E F amp amp E I tried reinstalling Windows several times even rolling back to Windows however symptons continue to Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted appear Also I've tried to update adapter drivers through device managers but symptons continue to appear The registry key wipe reg delete HKCR CLSID f -a ad- bf- - cbbc ba va f amp netcfg -v -u dni dne as a result I got an error reporting back 'ERROR Invalid key name' I ve been struggling with this issue for several weeks so any help suggestions is very much appreciated When running the trouble shooters on Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted the 'no connection' it generates the following output report The Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted default gateway is not availableThe default gateway is not available The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway Not fixed Not Fixed Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed Reset the quot WiFi quot adapter Completed Issues found Detection details Problem with wireless adapter or access point Not fixed Not Fixed Reset the wireless adapter Failed Investigate router or access point issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all of the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device back on or plug it back into the power outlet To restart a router or access point that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer Failed An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends Plug this cable into the opening on the back or side of the computer Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router If that does not help try using a different cable The default gateway is not available Not fixed Not Fixed The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device on or plug it back in to the power outlet To restart a router or modem that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button Reset the quot WiFi quot adapter Completed This can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name D FB C-AF - A- AE-DB F F BF Repair etl Detection details Expand Inf... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34787-wlan-card-802-11n-windows-10-wifi-connectivity-issues-help-wanted.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi!

My last problem was solved and everything works fine now. I need the documents and emails from the old computer. I have it on my external and made a copy to my root C drive.

The problem is that I used Windows file transfer 7 and I want the files back to my Vista computer that I reinstalled. When I use Windows file transfer I get an error message that says I should choose a valid file.

What can I do?

A:Windows file transfer doesn't transfer back

Hi,

Look here & try the software suggested: -

"Windows Easy Transfer couldn&#39;t open the file" on second attempt to recover files/settings

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288629-windows-file-transfer-doesnt-transfer-back.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I didn t really know what to put it under I was upgrading my system from XP to Vista I tried the keep all my current files and settings option for the upload but it wouldn t let me use it So I used the file and settings transfer wizard to transfer all my files to my external hard drive Then I deleated my files on my computer - no point in having two copies I now know how stupid this idea was When I had successfuly uploaded Widows vista onto my computer I found that it didn t actualy have the files and settings Wizard File vs. Transfer Easy Transfer and Settings transfer wizard - it File and Settings Transfer Wizard vs. Easy Transfer had something called Easy Transfer instead Easy tranfer is incompatible with the File and settings transfer wizard So now all my files are sitting on my Hard drive in dat files and I don t know how to get them back Help me please Thanks nbsp

A:File and Settings Transfer Wizard vs. Easy Transfer

you could download and install FAST to complete the transfer. i know that solves the problem when migrating from one XP /SP combination to another, perhaps it will work for an XP to Vista migration too. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...c9-f16c-4c52-a203-8daf944dd555&displaylang=en

this link is for v2.6, but 3.0 is also available on the site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-and-settings-transfer-wizard-vs-easy-transfer.724682/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have PCs both running XP Pro SP One is mine and one is my wife s Both are connected to a Linksys BEFSR v router which is then connected to a cable modem Both can connect at high speed to the internet Both are on the same workgroup and have unique names They can the other file one quick transfer direction, Slow in way! transfer see each other in the workgroup They can ping each other I can browse all shared drives in both directions from both PCs Everything seems to be working perfectly except if I try and transfer a file from my PC to my wife s it takes approx minutes per MB However if I transfer a file the Slow file transfer in one direction, quick transfer the other way! other way it works flawlessly and at high speed I have checked that all the required services are running and that there is only one master browser I have changed all the cables and tried different ports on the router NetMeter shows a maximum transfer speed of about kbps and the networking tab in task manager shows a network utilization of only Any advice would be gratefully received as this is slowly driving me insane nbsp

A:Slow file transfer in one direction, quick transfer the other way!

You should try data transfer using something other than WInbdows Networking. Set up some FTP server software for example. This way you can see if the problem is with the network or with Windows.

Disable software firewalls and antivirus on the computers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-file-transfer-in-one-direction-quick-transfer-the-other-way.39110/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
I installed Avira Free Edition Anti-Virus on my wifes laptop that's running windows 7 home premium 64-bit edition. Ever since doing so, it takes a LOT longer now for her laptop to establish a wifi connection, previously I had a different anti-virus software installed that didn't seem to affect the wifi connection..why does Avira seem to be doing so ?
David

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388768-much-slower-wifi-network-discovery-time.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have wi fi in my home that is running fine My phone etc is getting about mbps for downloading and for uploading which is normal for me My desktop however had a virus issue and I had to take it to be way wifi suddenly is slower than Speed Ethernet repaired It is repaired and I brought it home and hooked it up EXACTLY as it was before I took it to be repaired It is hardwired directly to modem but it is only getting about mbps downloading and uploading I called my internet provider and they tried to help but said everything looks good on their end and that it was a computer issue The shop that repaired it is closed today and I am in Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi the middle of a deadline and I NEED this fixed it is Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi an ACER computer so I called their Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi helpline but because it is out of warranty they wanted me to pay for them to tell me how to fix it He suggested it was a setting on the computer that needed changed but I have been looking for HOURS and can not find the solution PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Broadband access now acting slower than dialup I have no idea where to even start for what is wrong Just added Broadband over the dialup that I ve had for years and as of today its slower than dialup ever slower dialup access now acting WiFi than was From the history it looks like my son and a friend were looking up game walkthru guides for his xBox console There are also WiFi access now acting slower than dialup visits to tweak guides and system setting guides Various settings have been changed in startup services add-on s internet options etc etc etc Is there a way to see what might be contributing to pages loading very very slowly I m concerned that something may have been switched on or off that is causing a conflict Any suggestions would be helpful Thank you in advance PS - Just finished a virus scan with Avira AntiVir and the only problem it complained of was the detection pattern of the Windows virus W Blumblebee which is part of the Panda online scan I instruct it to ignore nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-access-now-acting-slower-than-dialup.106900/
Relevancy 52.89%

Desktop S- IBR Running Windows Bought yesterday morning It took hours to install all the windows updates because even connected to a LAN this thing is slow as molasses I've finally got all the updates done so I know it's not something downloading in the background and it's still slow - seconds to load a blank Google page nbsp I tried updating drivers - the one for the LAN did nothing The bluetooth one went through the motions and then slower 300S-11IBR LAN Slow wifi spit out an error something something this driver is set for deletion I can't turn off wi-fi or bluetooth via the device settings because the option that 300S-11IBR Slow LAN slower wifi sliding bar isn't there nbsp I was able to use a real computer HP via wi-fi to search for solutions It's amazing I can have 300S-11IBR Slow LAN slower wifi tabs open on 300S-11IBR Slow LAN slower wifi the HP and whatever I click pops up or downloads in a second but I turn that off and go over to the Lenovo and I'm waiting seconds for Google nbsp Is there a solution hidden somewhere on this website

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/300S-11IBR-Slow-LAN-slower-wifi/td-p/3477619
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there

Is it cables or my devices -- I have decent wifi speed on both 2.4 and 5 GZH band, and WAN Ethernet of 1 Gb but the 2 LAN port I'm using on the router only show 100 mb

Any ideas (I have to have LAN for those 2 pieces of kit).

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62781-help-router-lanports-slower-than-wifi.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello using the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit v SDK i compiled the WirelessHostedNetwork Example I use the adapters multiple wlanapi.dll HostedNetwork WLAN network WIFI / native | | physical Native Wifi Functions in wlanapi dll As in the wireless Hosted Network Example described I open a quot WlanOpenHandle quot initialize with quot WlanHostedNetworkInitSettings quot wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters set the SSID name quot SetConnectionSettings quot and the password with quot SetSecondaryKey quot With quot WirelessHostednetworkStartUsing quot and quot WlanHostedNetworkStopUsing quot i can Start wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters Stop the Virtual wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters AcessPoint In the Network and Sharing Center there is allways a quot Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter quot created However we have the scenario that the computer has more then only one physical WLAN network adapter installed Therefore we want to assign a certain physical wireless network card to the WirelessHostedNetwork Using the quot WlanEnumInterfaces quot function it is possible to enumerate all physical wireless network cards and its GUID on the computer However it has not possible to assign a certain wireless network card to the wlanHandle I got after quot WlanOpenHandle quot It is also required to configure the IP address range of the WirelessHostedNetwork By default this is set always to XXX nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks a lot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ee0bf9ed-1f54-458b-ba04-c20541dcdda4/wlanapidll-native-wifi-hostednetwork-multiple-physical-wlan-network-adapters?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.03%

I am copying over my pst file into an exchange database, I have been able to transfer over all files except two. These two files come up with pst errors. I run scanpst software and the files transfer, however only a few emails transfer and none of the folders I've created. How do I fix this or get it to transfer everything?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-transfer-my-pst-file-not-all-files-folders-transfer.1164547/
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear Members I have been facing the issue of frequent Vostro 64 Windows 1704, - Loss Issue bit, 10 WLAN Wifi Dell - DW Frequent 3446, wifi disconnection for the past - months The problem get sorted out temporarily after running netsh command or after resetting WIFI adapter or rolling back to an older version However this never Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN has been a permanent solution The problem further aggravated after Window Anniversary update in July I am hardly using my WIFI after Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN this update I use a Dell Vostro laptop with DW - WLAN Card The part number of WLAN card is R GW - OS Windows Home Single Language Edition with bit I upgraded from Windows What I have already tried doing - Network adapter reset using feature provided in window and also by running netsh command in Command Prompt Have tried rolling back the driver but it works temporarily Have tried installing re-installing drivers listed on Dell support page of my PC however every driver shows error after installation Tried windows troubleshooter - this used to fix my problem after November update but after March updates it didn't resolve my disconnection issue Have tried using almost every suggestion provided on various MS and Dell Community Forums I also unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter And optimised the wireless settings as suggested by Dell but none worked Unfortunately I have run out of Dell Warranty Support hence can't contact them In this case can someone please provide me with a specific solution to deal with this issue I will be happy to supply more information Best regards Tej

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440945-frequent-wifi-loss-issue-windows-10-64-bit-dell-vostro-3446-dw-1704-wlan.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So just this past weekend I re-installed Windows 8.1 on my dad's ASUS Notebook (K55N), but now its WiFi internet speed is a good ~25% slower vs wired directly to the router (Linksys E4200), that was definitely not the case prior to the fresh install. I did run Windows Update just after the install just to make sure it downloaded the latest driver for the WiFi Network Adapter (it did download one).

Power Plan is set to High Performance.

I really have no idea what's going on, my dad has another laptop, and there, its internet speed is exactly the same Wireless vs Wired.

I really need your help here, thanks.

ASUS K55N: Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

A:ASUS Notebook WiFi internet speed slower vs wired

Sometimes the Windows update drivers make things worse. Did you try the ASUS drivers? Notebooks & Ultrabooks - K55N - ASUS

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47933-asus-notebook-wifi-internet-speed-slower-vs-wired.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have Lenovo thinkpad e531 x64 win 8

I just got new speed internet and when I connect my computer using ethernet it's signifiantly slower than wireless on the same laptop.

On my other laptop the wired produces very fast results (faster than wifi) so the problem is my laptopr's ethernet connection.

what can i do?

My ISP provider came with his working laptop, pluging in my ethernet cable in his laptop and the internet speed it was 300mb/s.
and on my laptop is 17 mb/s....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383335-wired-internet-speed-much-slower-then-wifi-lenovo-thinkpad.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I was working on a computer that had an extra parallel port card. It looks to be a plug and play card. It is not being recognized by windows 98. I tried adding it by using the add new hardware function as well and it didn't install that way either. Do parallel port pci card usually come with software?

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello

I am running Windows 7 professional on a 4 core Intel i5 laptop.

I have a Fortran application which runs in a DOS command window. This application is compute intensive and takes a long time to run.

Is it possible to run it in parallel using more than one core to do the computations? If so, how can I do this?

Many thanks,

Andrew Riddle
[email protected]
Ecospan Environmental Ltd
52 Oreston Road, Plymstock,
Plymouth, PL9 7JH

A:Running a program in paralell

I think it depends on how many threads the program uses. Multiple threads will be distributed among the cores. This is automatically done for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-a-program-in-paralell.1004465/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am trying to install a Panasoic KXP1124 paralell printer on my Emachine with WinVista using a paralell to USB adapter. I installed everthing and the print queue says"ready", is not paused, but it just won't print anything.

A:panasonic KXP1124 paralell to USB

In my experience, those adapters are hit and miss. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/panasonic-kxp1124-paralell-to-usb.1058512/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello friends,

Guys actually i want to transfer some data from my mobile (wifi enabled) to my laptop (wifi enabled) over wifi....

So can anyone please help me to teach me how to transfer data over wifi????

Thanks a lot....

A:Data transfer using wifi

Hi kunal....

You may use Apps for your phone to transfer files remotely. For Android phones please check this out.

Here's an App for IPhones.

You can't go wrong using Dropbox, it works for Windows O/Ses, Android, Ipad, IPhone, etc....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226168-data-transfer-using-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a paralell printer compatible printer *epson C88* which I want feedback on ink levels. For the life of me, I can not seem to get this printer to print with this setup. I had it working at one time, but my dad messed with it and it no longer works. How would I go about installing this printer? Do I use the LP 1 port or something different?

Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

I have an UMAX Astra P old but working nice scanner I bought a PC Gateway DX - I am dual booting XP-Vista It does not have parallel port to install the scanner I bought a converter cable USB to parallel I installed the device It shows in my computer device manager imaging device properties This to paralell not Scanner cable USB working. device is working properly and control panel When double click scanner Scanner not working. USB to paralell cable icon in my computer under Scanner and camera wizard said The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera Please make sure the device is properly connected to the computer When right click icon scanner properties under General it shows Description Blank Manufactured by blank Scanner Status Status On Port and Optical Resolution all of them show not available Under diagnostic I click Test Scanner and a test failed window pop up The test failed because the device is not available Verify the connection and try again I will appreciate your help I really need the scanner and do not have justifications to Scanner not working. USB to paralell cable spend money in a new one Thanks Julio nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

The computer I'm trying to fix crashed due to a missing system .dll. All file replacements under command prompt have failed, so I repaired it by adding a new Windows installation directory on the same partition (C:\WINDOWS2\). I need to get into the Documents and Settings of the old system's main user, but I assume that old account was password protected, and I believe that's why I get "Access is Denied" whenever I try to open the old account's User folder on the new XP installation (C:\Documents and Settings\<Old User>\). I've tried blanking the old system's password through a linux based sam-security editor, and I was able to blank it, but it didn't help. How can I access this folder from the new XP installation?

A:Paralell Installtion Salvage Operation

Have you tried using the standard methods of "taking ownership" of the folders?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

or

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/cacls.mspx?mfr=true

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/paralell-installtion-salvage-operation.465870/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi everyone,
i have a compaq floppy drive with a paralell cable (printer cable). i'm trying to install it on an ibm thinkpad-r50. can someone tell me what i need to get this to work off of the paralell port (printer port) of the thinkpad?

A:floppy drive with paralell cable

Drivers are what you need. I assume you are talking Windows here..

Either check www.hp.com or find out the real manufacturer of the drive and see their website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/floppy-drive-with-paralell-cable.39041/
Relevancy 49.45%

i currently have an extremely limiting win gb mb left mb MHz with port files transferring 95>XP paralell PC that i can t even buy a CDR for transferring files with paralell port 95>XP because it transferring files with paralell port 95>XP s so outdated i m going to buy a new system soon i found out that i could buy and external hard drive case that will work with paralell ports at my local used PC store if i could use such a device wouldn t it be possible to bypass it altogether and just go paralell port out from this PC to paralell port in on my new PC with only a cable to finally back all of my old files up to CDR if so what do i need to do transferring files with paralell port 95>XP can i just do a simple plug and play do i need to mess with PC jumpers i m looking for the most cost effective and painless way to save my current files so that i can wipe this drive to give this PC away if a cable transfer won t work gb worth of floppy drive transfers complete with keyboard and monitor swapping would seem to be my next choice as i don t want to open either PC up hoping for quot just connect them and go quot good news nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Belkin Paralell to USB cable that allows me to print via my USB port through the paralell port on my Epson C88 printer. I can't seem to find the disk, and normal XP install of the device results in no printing. Anyone know how I should set up this printer to print? Use LP1 or USB0001 or what?

Thanks

A:Belkin Paralell Printer to USB problem

USB0001
XP instructions

http://belkin.httpsvc.vitalstreamcdn.com/belkin_vitalstream_com/support/dl/f5u002xp.pdf

Found here
http://www4.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp?download=F5U002&lang=1&mode=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-paralell-printer-to-usb-problem.864042/
Relevancy 49.45%

I would like to transfer files from my win10 desktop to my win10 phone via my home wifi (not wifi direct). I know I can use third party programs but does windows 10 have it built in? With all the bragging they're doing I figure it's gotta be in here somewhere lol.

A:Does win10 have built-in wifi transfer?

Laptops are typically equipped with Wifi; desktops not necessarily. It's not a question of whether Win 10 supports Wifi or not.
The WLAN driver should be installed by Win 10.

Why not connect your phone to your PC?

On the other hand, if you mean Wi-Fi Direct, whilst this is available on a Windows Phone, apparently, I don't know if it is in a PC build.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47277-does-win10-have-built-wifi-transfer.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys,

Maybe someone got this issue as well; I was transfering data between my old (vista 32) and my new computer (win 7 64 7100) and I got a transfer rate of 1mb/sec.

All my house is wireless and I'm used to do 5-6mb/sec between my old PC and my laptop (win XP Media Center).

I got WMP54G on the new PC and WMP54GS (S for speedbooster) on my old PC. WRT54GS for the router.

If you have any ideas / tips

Thanks!

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron notebook running XP Pro days ago I turned on to a BSOD after installing a quot Security Suite quot from Verizon FIOS needless to say I tried everything - after paralell boot...BSOD recover application nothing worked no safe mode nothing would get past recover application after paralell boot...BSOD the recover application after paralell boot...BSOD BSOD SO I went ahead and spent like hours doing a paralell boot of XP - which me being of the so-so techie crowd was an accomplishment in itself After that I was able to boot up and get to a working windows environment - scaled way down but operational I went to Control Panel right click advanced boot txt and modified the sequence and got the BSOD AGAIN So I restarted another paralell boot and holy cow it worked I was also able uninstall the Verizon crap and to recover quot most quot of my applications and I'm on it right now But I can view everything on C and there is a ton of stuff on there that I can and cannot get to -- but the one program I need - ProSeries - is stuck in there somewhere and won't launch Normally I would be like whatever but I'm a Tax Professional and within that program is a HomeBase Console with all my clients in it and my last backup was on I need that program to work really bad I've talked to Intuit Tech Support they make the software and it was a joke My yr old knows more about computers than the dude I spoke with Does anyone have any ideas Please

A:recover application after paralell boot...BSOD

this is the bootload log if that helps.........

[boot loader]
redirect=usebiossettings
redirectbaudrate=
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINXP
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINXP="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS=""
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect=OptIn

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recover-application-after-paralell-boot-bsod-227199.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So I am going to connect my Windows laptop to my school wifi. Is this unsafe? If some other student has a virus on their computer could it travel to mine without me doing anything? I have avg antivirus free and Windows firewall on and I will set it to public. Does Windows firewall stop people from connecting to my laptop? Any ways thanks for all the answers!

A:Can a virus transfer to my computer from someone else's over a wifi network?

Yes & yes, but make sure your Windows machine is patched too.

FYI: there are also Wifi networks that are configured to isolate each client. Clients can not communicate with each other in such Wifi networks. You coul ask your school's IT admin if Wifi clients are isolated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613160/can-a-virus-transfer-to-my-computer-from-someone-elses-over-a-wifi-network/
Relevancy 48.59%

How ca I set a DLNA network between my phone and laptop across wireless,
while making the network private to other devices on the router?
what software would I need and would I need Administrative access to the network?

A:set up file sharing between Android and Windows across WLAN

"How ca I set a DLNA network between my phone and laptop across wireless,
while making the network private to other devices on the router?
what software would I need and would I need Administrative access to the network?"
There are numerous configuration options that could be considered , Perhaps some more information would help. !. Router model and mfg. What OS (operating system ) are you using on lappy? Windows Media Player on Windows 7, 8.1 fully supports DLNA and can be configured to share DLNA-compatible media files on your network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-up-file-sharing-between-android-and-windows-across-wlan.1140093/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys, I have an Atheros AR9285 WiFi card in my laptop, and the other day, it just became very unstable with the connection and it is giving me very low transfer speeds.

I've come to think that a Windows Update replaced the driver in it, how could I fix it, or fix the problem?

Thanks alot guys!

A:Atheros WiFi card - Bad connection/transfer speed

You can search the model number online and add "drivers" with or with out the quotations; and there should be a download link in the first 20 results just make sure its a reputable website you're downloading from.

When you run the installer you'll often have an uninstall option if they're already installed. Un install and reinstall and see if that fixes the issue.

Other things to look for are you torrenting? is your cpu always at 100% (would indicate some kind of malware)? you should check your start up programs to make sure that there isn't anything starting up and running in the back ground.

Also where are you in relation to the router/modem? You'd be surprised how much of a difference a few walls make.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/195183-atheros-wifi-card-bad-connection-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I want to transfer file between two computers, or two mobile phones, or computer and mobile phones, and there are wifi driver installed on computers and mobile phones, but it didn't have the available network, so i want to know which software can do this?

A:WiFi Transfer of files between Windows, Android & iOS device

Two computers logged into the same Wifi only if you set up a local network, set up file and print sharing, and designate a folder or folders that can be shared on one or more computers. Cell phones are more difficult so I would generally recommend either emailing files if they are small enough or plugging the cell phone into the USB port on one of the computers and transferring the files that way.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/wifi-transfer-of-files-between-windows-android-ios-device/1639.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am setting up a new wireless router and new laptop.

The laptop sees the WLAN (name) in Control Panel -> Networking -> Sharing and Network, but this WLAN (name) does not show up in the laptop's 'WLAN selector list' when I click on the network icon that's in the system tray.

I hope my description, above, makes sense. If so, does this problem description suggest an area of configuration that I have done incorrectly?

Thanks for any hints.

A:WLAN in Control Panel but not in system tray WLAN list

The new router needs to be setup with the SSID not hidden. Also the router needs to be set for the same type of wireless that the devices use.

It is also helpful when you post these kind of questions, to include system info in your profile and also manufacture and model of the router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70949-wlan-control-panel-but-not-system-tray-wlan-list.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Ok so here is the problem a month and a half ago the laptop wouldn t WLAN device manager is is says disabled, says enabled! WLAN Laptop turn on it goes and gets fixed and the power supply wasn Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled! t returned today we finally receive the power supply which caused month of the waiting So I plug it up and everything goes on fine and dandy however the laptop will not receive an Internet connection and it says that the wireless LAN is disabled the laptop is a Presario v Compaq which has a button on the front of the laptop which enables and disabled the wireless LAN the button is currently set to enabled however the button is jammed on enable and it has an Amber light so I can t turn it on and off I went to device manger then network adapters and acording to that the WLAN is enabled but the laptop is telling me it s disabled is there any way I can fix this or will it have to get sent away again I hope the question makes sense Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled! I m only so I m not the best when it comes to computers I also badly need the laptop fixed because I need it for school and I am currently posting this question using my iPhone nbsp

A:Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled!

Well, if the button isn't toggling the wireless state, you may have to send it away again. What do you mean the button is "jammed"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-says-wlan-is-disabled-device-manager-says-wlan-is-enabled.932858/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello so I have this situation regarding my windows machine and how it connects to my Windows Server machine using sharing Local for bandwidth transfer. file Internet file I have my Windows server machine directly connected to the internet on one ethernet port and the other is on a private network nbsp My windows Machine is also on this private network and whenever I attempt to take files from my Windows server machine using its Local ip address it begins a connection from the Windows Local file sharing using Internet bandwidth for file transfer. Server machines WAN IP to the local even though the established connection happened via file sharing by direct network ip address This connection uses up all Local file sharing using Internet bandwidth for file transfer. the throughput from my router causing every machine on the network to experience lag online I also have Windows machines Local file sharing using Internet bandwidth for file transfer. and this issue does not occur when taking files from the server machine as it does it through LAN I don't understand how the Windows machine can even know my Server machines IP address or why its deciding to do these file transfers over the internet rather then LAN nbsp Here's an example since its a very difficult issue to explain I have a Private network this network reaches the internet from WAN nbsp In this network I have machines Windows and Windows server I have a Windows Server Machine which reaches the internet directly from WAN This machine has another nic located on the private network as stated above When I use explorer on the windows and use netstat -s it shows a connection - gt on port When I take a file and copy it to my desktop and use Netstat -s it shows connections - gt on port and - gt on Port This connection does not happen in Windows Hopefully this makes it clearer Thanks Martin

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6c145c6a-5181-477d-a1f5-c751162d6413/local-file-sharing-using-internet-bandwidth-for-file-transfer?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there,

due to some complete mishap, I was forced to reinstall Windows XP. Before doing so, I did a system backup, so I could restore all files. The problem is the registry. Due to the new install, many applications will not report as installed and request that I install them anew. But I got a copy of the old registry file (system32\config\software) in the backup. Is there any program that would allow me to edit this file and export those keys I need to a .reg file?

Regards
SoWhy

A:Progam to transfer selected keys from old registry file to .reg file?

You are asking for more trouble... You should have created an image of the entire hard drive, and restored that image to a "clean" formatted drive. You could spend hours and days editing the registry, but even this wouldn't guarantee success

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/progam-to-transfer-selected-keys-from-old-registry-file-to-reg-file.131794/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have a toshiba satellite Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation CAPELL VALLEY NAPA CRB Not Applicable Not Applicable Antivirus ESET NOD antivirus system Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Lately my computer is getting slower and slower I try to clean it up often I do regular backups and the heaviest software that I use is Adobe Photoshop CS and Firefox Firefox is getting impossibly slow I have deactivated all my plug-ins except for Zotero citation manager because I use it but I think it is the culprit of firefox being sluggish I am ready to switch to Chrome However lately every time I open MyCompter icons take a while to load Double clicking takes longer than normal and copying files from one place to another is long iTunes takes a good two minutes to open and well you get the picture Here is my HiJack this log If a kind soul could help me to determine what might be wrong getting and and slower... satellite slower slower. Toshiba and what I could do to fix it I would be eternally grateful I know there are a lot of Toshiba processes running there but I m weary of uninstalling them Isolde Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Toshiba satellite getting slower and slower... and slower. mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Druide Antidote Programmes agentantidote exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program File... Read more

A:Toshiba satellite getting slower and slower... and slower.

Closing duplicate thread. Please continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/957648-did-i-break-any-ettiquete.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-getting-slower-and-slower-and-slower.955554/
Relevancy 47.3%

Can someone please help My Norton antivirus trial ran out a while ago and I havent been able to renew it Is there a free virus program I can use in the meanwhile to protect my computer from new viruses I think I have a virus now or maybe just loads of spyware Here is my Hijack This log Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared freezing slower (HJT and Computer getting slower...and and slower Log) ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Computer getting slower and slower and slower...and freezing (HJT Log) Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Computer getting slower and slower and slower...and freezing (HJT Log) Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics Computer getting slower and slower and slower...and freezing (HJT Log) SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe c program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM... Read more

A:Computer getting slower and slower and slower...and freezing (HJT Log)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-getting-slower-and-slower-and-slower-and-freezing-hjt-log.472672/
Relevancy 47.3%

I tried the fix of changing the properties of File Manager to go to This PC, but it didn't work. File Manager is SUPER slow; probably takes around 2 minutes to finish it's "Finishing Up". The whole system seems to be running slower. Also, the desktop icons sometimes don't have detail in their icons; just the blank white page. Any solution out there? Thanks. All of this because my Dolby App disappeared originally...

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R5-571TG-Slower-Altogether-but-especially-File-Explorer-After/td-p/459563
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello

Today i was searching for a program after i downloaded it from a website. chrome got closed instantly and got everything reset to default also got extensions , history and cookies removed. pc went a little slower. i scanned my pc with malwarebytes and it only found 5 items. im using win8. What should i do?

Kind regards

A:After i downloaded a file Chrome got everything reset. pc got slower

You're receiving help here: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-im-infected.211279/
I'll ask mods to close this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572629/after-i-downloaded-a-file-chrome-got-everything-reset-pc-got-slower/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi found this site while looking to find what wareg exe is My pc has been running slow for a while now but assumed it did not have enough ram etc The other day malware butes running in background alerted me to a couple of hijack mgr task and pc file running slower in wareg51.exe attempts going on they were denied access by malware bytes It also suggested that it was a file called wareg51.exe file in task mgr and pc running slower wareg wareg51.exe file in task mgr and pc running slower exe in my temp file I tried to wareg51.exe file in task mgr and pc running slower delete it but it says that another programme is using it Attached is my quot hijack this quot log Thanks Rob Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes F WINDOWS System smss exe F WINDOWS system winlogon exe F WINDOWS system services exe F WINDOWS system lsass exe F WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe F Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe F Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe F Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe F Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe F Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe F Program Files Common Files InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exe F Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe F Program Files AVG AVG avgam exe F Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe F Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe F Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe F Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe F Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe F Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe F Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe F WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe F WINDOWS system wscntfy exe F Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe F Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe F Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe F Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe F Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe F Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe F PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe F Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe F WINDOWS system ctfmon exe F Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe F Program Files TRENDnet TEW- PC TEW- PI WlanCU exe F Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe F Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe F Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe F DOCUME Rob LOCALS Temp wareg exe F WINDOWS explorer exe F Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe F Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exe F WINDOWS system msiexec exe F Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca ig hl en amp amp source iglk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows Cur... Read more

Relevancy 46.44%

Is there a internal or external cmd program that has the same functioninality like vista netsh wlan command.
netsh wlan is not included in xp and the netsh from vista doesnt work in xp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a rather large rar file (50GB) I tried transfering it to my external hard drive but it said the file system did not allow transfer of such a large file...

What can I do to get the rar onto the drive?

Relevancy 46.44%

I am about to uninstall everything on my XP system reinstall. I plan to use the File Transfer Wizard to hold and restore my user files. Will the File Transfer Wizard automatically include the .pst file from Outlook or will I need to do a separate copy of that file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-transfer-wizard-and-pst-file-recovery.938500/
Relevancy 46.01%

Three days ago my wife s laptop began to laptop file block won't hosts IE slower, connect, slow down a lot Mozilla Seamonkey her usual browser connects very slowly Internet Explorer will laptop slower, IE won't connect, hosts file block not connect to any site at all Laptop is a Gateway MX running Windows XP home edition and with mb RAM I booted it with Knoppix and everything online was her typical DSL speed Scans Spybot and Ad-Aware nothing found Trend-Micro Online nothing found Even booted Knoppix and ran Linux F-prot and Bitdefender nothing found When I opened Windows Explorer to go look at her HOSTS the one from MVPS file I saw these files being created changed and recreated in real time tmvsthfss bin tmvsthfud bin The only reference I could find for them was in I think Dutch so not much help If not for the bin files I might think this was some Windows problem When I ran hijackthis it complained briefly that something prevented it from examing the HOSTS file then continued Hijackthis file below is all it reported Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system bcmntray exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HJT howdyjack exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http update zonelabs com downloadrequest updtConfId amp updtReqId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system bcmntray O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Install Pending Files LNK C Program Files SIFXINST SIFXINST EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Progra... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-slower-ie-wont-connect-hosts-file-block.537242/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all and thank you for having slower COM_Surrogate, boot file-associations, and changed me on the forum Windows COM_Surrogate, changed file-associations, and slower boot Over a week ago i noticed a much slower boot time and the desktop icons and COM_Surrogate, changed file-associations, and slower boot task bar began to disappear for COM_Surrogate, changed file-associations, and slower boot a second while loading up Whenever i attempted to open the game 'Rift' nothing happened Same goes for when i tried opening it through Steam I downloaded a different launcher for Rift from the developer which worked several times until it stopped loading up too I decided to revert to a disk image on my backup drive but i couldn't open Seagate Dashboard either I would get a message that said something like An unknown error has occurred Please restart dashboard and try again I got a different error message one time which mentioned something about file association I forget I'm sorry Next i tried to reinstall Seagate Dashboard using my backup drive via USB Halfway through installing it said it could no longer continue because of COM Surrogate I tried installing it again and the whole time i kept hearing the sound for connecting and disconnecting USB Every time i attempt to open a program i notice - instances of COM Surrogate in task manager for a few seconds and then they disappear Also Skype now launches extremely slow I updated and ran Norton Internet Security followed by Norton Power Eraser which both came up with nothing I then downloaded and ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware followed by a second scan including rootkits nothing Windows was fully updated at the time but I have been using only my laptop for several days now How should i proceed If it is malware can my backup drive now be infected Thank you very much for your time and efforts

A:COM_Surrogate, changed file-associations, and slower boot

Welcome aboard  Please download Powelikscleaner (by ESET) and save it to your Desktop.1. Double-click on ESETPoweliksCleaner.exe to start the tool.2. Read the terms of the End-user license agreement and click Agree.3. The tool will run automatically. If the cleaner finds a Poweliks infection, press the Y key on your keyboard to remove it.4. If Poweliks was detected "Win32/Poweliks was successfully removed from your system" will be displayed. Press any key to exit the tool and reboot your PC.The tool will produce a log in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571144/com-surrogate-changed-file-associations-and-slower-boot/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello world MONEY MAKING THROUGH CARDING MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK BANK TRANSFER WESTERN UNION TRANSFER CARDING DUMPS PAYPAL TRANSFER CREDIT CARDS SALE Freshest approval of Dumps with Good validity Rate and balanced Sell Cvv Credit Cards for Sale Sell Fullz ATM Cards with PIN Fresh Dumps with PIN CC worldwide Atm cards with pin bank account transfer worldwide carding credit cards for sale cvv worlwide dumps with good balance dumps with high balance Dumps with PIN get rich by carding money making in carding money making through carding no scam real business sell atm cards sell cc sell cvv sell cvv dumps sell dumps with pin sell fresh cvv sell fresh dumps tracks sell fresh fullz sell fullz Visa high quality cards lt lt PRICE FOR DUMPS gt gt USA CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM USD MONEY TRANSFER, PAYPAL TRANSFER, SALE CREDIT DUMPS, MAKING CARDING, CARDS BANK UNION BUSINESS WESTERN NETWORK, TRANSFER, OTHERS ALL MC VISA USD DISCOVERY USD AMEX USD CANADA- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD CANADA- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD EU- CLASSIC MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD INFINITE USD EU- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD INFINITE USD EU AMEX USD EU DISCOVERY USD lt lt PRICE FOR CVV gt gt US PER US WITH BIN PER US FULLZ PER US VBV PER UK RANDOM PER UK WITH DOB PER UK WITH BIN PER UK BINDOB PER UK FULLZ PER UK VBV PRICE AU PER EU VISA MASTER PER CA RANDOM PER CA BIN PER CA FULLS PER FRANCE PER FRANCE WITH DOB PER GERMANY PER GERMANY WITH DOB PER ITALY PER ITALY WITH DOB PER JAPAN PER JAPAN WITH DOB PER BELGIUM PER DENMARK PER SPAIN PER Terms amp Conditions - We Sell Only First Hand High Valid Dumps And Always Fresh We Update Every - Days With - k Of Dumps So You MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE Can Buy With Confidence That The Dumps We Sell To You Are Only Yours And Don t Come From Another Hand We Don t Give Any Test Dump Or Free Dump We Guarantee That Our Dumps Work In We Are Seller Not Reseller So Instant Delivery We Provide Bin List For Choosing Bins Also Sell Mix amp Bulk Packages And Bonus On Big Orders We Only Replace Cards That Say Hold Stolen Decline Pick Up Invalid Region Block Never Will Be Replaced So Please Choose MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE Your Bin Carefully Replacement In Eu Or Ca Perfect Money Pm Bitcoins Btc Web Money Wmz Western Union Wu And Money Gram Mg Wu-Mg Minimum Order Drop Fee We Also Provide Have Cards With High Balance Of Spanish German Russian Contact Us To Buy Fresh Stuff Real Legit Business My Icq My Yahoo Bestdumpseller Please Contact Us Soon For Legit Business I HOPE WE WILL DO WELL BEWARE OF RIPPERS Thanks YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/309a6e00-b938-488d-8d69-078872fe44c0/money-making-business-network-bank-transfer-western-union-transfer-carding-dumps-paypal?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi! ATM i AM Currently Suffering With a Dieing Connection! xD
Ok My Real Problem Here is That, My Belkin G Wireless Router has gotten slower then it once was with the wireless ...So Being Me..I said, Wtf.

xD

Can Anyone Tell Me a "Working"(Faster Then the current settings i have) Configuration to set my router to?

I Know next to nothing about this type of router
ipconfig/all Screenie Attached

A:Fast! Slow. Even Slower....SLOWER! ...My Belkin MIMO G is Slowing Down Wirelessly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fast-slow-even-slower-slower-my-belkin-mimo-g-is-slowing-down-wirelessly.739216/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a problem with my Hitachi 3tb duo pro drive external hard drive. As i put more files it seems to get slower in one folder. An example is today, the access speed to find a patients name in it ( about 6k folders) would take about 30 secs. Before that it would only take 10 seconds and when i had about 4k folders it was pretty instantaneous. I've tried defrag, disk clean up, disabling background processes but I do not know how to solve this problem. Is the problem is too many subfolders in one folder? Or is there a solution to make it fast enough as I first started to use it. Yesturday it was not that bad but when i started today, it was unbearable. ANy feedback is appreciated thx.

A:Extkernal hard drive slow access speeds getting slower and slower

Well it depends how many loose files are in the folder. For instance say I have 10,000 pictures in one folder and that folder when I open it is taken for ever to load cause it is trying to cache all the contents and index all those files that are contained in it. If I go into that particular folder and create more folders lets say 10 folders, then place 1000 pictures in each folder then it will load a lot faster cause there not so many files in one folder to cache and index. Try and keep you files down to a moderate number of files inside the folders. It's like trying to stuff a bunch of paper inside a manilla folder it can only hold so many before it doesn't function any more....

Also most USB drives go idle and stop spinning after about 15 minutes usually, you can use the software that came with the drive to configure the usb to spin all the time. A 3tb drive is huge and I would consider partitioning the drive to 3 separate partitions of 1tb each that would speed things up considerably. Also 2tb is all that windows will see on a MBR partition if you want to keep it at 3tb then you will have to set it at a GPT (GUI Partition Table) for it to be used correctly in Windows 7.

Follow this tutorial on how to change the partition table from mbr to gpt:

Convert MBR Disk to GPT Disk

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/183011-extkernal-hard-drive-slow-access-speeds-getting-slower-slower.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am changing domains on a Windows 8.1 machine and Windows File Transfer only allows you to import a file not create one. I don't want to add programs to the server or the Windows 8 if I can avoid it. Any suggestions?

A:Domain to domain transfer using Windows 8.1 file transfer

Can you be a bit more explicit. What exactly are you trying to do? Why do you need to copy anything anywhere?

The more info you provide the better chance someone will be able to help.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/68331-domain-domain-transfer-using-windows-8-1-file-transfer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am not so great on identifying un-needed services and programs as intervention slower Vista tech running slower Solved: and some need I am more of a networking Solved: Vista running slower and slower need some tech intervention guy But my Wife s laptop is running ever so slower and slower each day It s a dual core gig of ram running on Vista x with plenty of left over HD space and is a few years old now on the initial operating system install I have included a hijack for yall to check out if anything sticks out Thanks Logfile Solved: Vista running slower and slower need some tech intervention of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Solved: Vista running slower and slower need some tech intervention Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Users Michaela AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Michaela AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Michaela AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C Windows system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NVHotk... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

I have an open thread in the Networking section Here s the link http forums techguy org networking -wan-connection-but-no-wan- html post I m posting here for Issues problems and or solutions DIRECTLY related to MALWARE For solutions related to Networking please post to the link above NO Internet WLAN WLAN over but Connected Basic details of WLAN Connected but NO Internet over WLAN what s going on I can connect to and access EVERYTHING WAP Router Switch Printer NAS Other computers etc while connected over WLAN I cannot connect to the INTERNET WLAN Connected but NO Internet over WLAN over WLAN Although it DOES say quot Internet Access quot I CAN connect to everything including Internet when connected over LAN Other computers CAN connect to the Internet using this WAP but this is NOT A LOCAL NETWORKING ISSUE PLEASE don t post Networking questions or solutions on this thread Please refer to the link above for ALL Networking questions unless they are DIRECTLY related to MALWARE Pertinent Software Installed on this system Win Ultimate x AVG Free NO Virus found Ad-Aware Free v No issues found Windows Firewall Disabled for Troubleshooting Windows Defender Disabled for Troubleshooting NO OTHER FIREWALL S W Installed NO VPN S W Installed Netgear s VPN SW is not compatible with Win x and was removed NO BLOATWARE Installed All preloaded Bloatware was removed on day FireFox IE x amp x v Any programs Bloatware VPN etc which were removed were removed using Revo Uninstaller and their Registry Tracks were deleted NO NEW S W was added or removed just prior to this problem arising ScanNow Results C gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Click to expand HJT Results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HJT Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLive... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
My internet is through WLan while I have to connect to the intranet using the lan. I want all my Internet traffic in wlan. But it's not working. Whenever I enable both wlan and LAN, all the Internet requests go to LAN and so can't use Internet.

How to configure my system (with XP SP3) so that all the internet traffic/requests use WLan as first choice instead of LAN ?

Relevancy 44.72%

I m having a near identical problem Perfect connectivity to Network amp Internet via LAN Ethernet Perfect connectivity to Network Including ALL Hardware Router Switch Printer NAS other NO WLAN but Connection, WLAN Internet computers via WLAN both the onboard mini-PCIe card as well as an external USB WiFi Adapter ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNET via WLAN same results for both onboard and external adapters Here s my computer model and some specs Compaq CQ - US Win Ultimate x GB RAM Atheros AR Latest Driver Installed v FireFox IE x amp x Versions I do NOT have ANY Toolbars in my browsers I do have some Add-ins in FireFox which quot could quot affect internet connectivity but WLAN Connection, but NO WLAN Internet I believe they are configured properly and as I ve already stated I have PERFECT Internet connectivity via LAN just NONE via WLAN Besides all of the quot Obvious quot things to try I ve also uninstalled this card amp driver multiple times Allowed Windows to re-install AND forced manual re-installation and installed the driver application from Atheros I ve also performed multiple quot IPConfig release renew quot attempts which have not produced a solution Windows Network Diagnostic gives this result quot Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues quot NOT TRUE but went thru their troubleshooting steps anyway to no avail I m completely stumped as to what s causing this problem and how to remedy it I m fairly convinced that it s a setting problem in Win not the browser or Hardware I ve tried WiFi connectivity to other available Networks and can connect Says quot Connected quot and quot Internet Access quot but am NOT able to browse the internet I ve attached a file with all IPCONFIG Ping Some Router Settings and a short list of pertinent programs Any REAL Help would be greatly appreciated REAL help is NOT quot Unplug your modem and then plug it back in quot or anything like that If you re a tech person please review the attached file before advising Thank you very much in advance JSLM nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I bought my laptop about a year ago, and back then it was absolutely amazing. But with time it has become slower, and I'm wondering if you could help me with some tips on how to make it run faster in games like Borderlands 2, Minecraft and Watch Dogs.

some of my specs are:
Intel Core i7-4700M
NVIDIA GeForce 780M
x1 SSD 125GB (Main, windows installed here)
x1 HDD 1,5TB (Secondary, steam, games etc installed here)
Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Please tell me if you need more information.

A:Gaming laptop getting slower and slower, tips needed

Defrag, clear cache's, uninstall unused programs/games.
Check for dust buildup.
Think about and take a look at the programs you now have versus initially. If they are not needed right away, set them to not auto load with windows. Run as needed instead of always on.

Check the manufacturer site for and update drivers. (Video, audio, USB, ect. )

The more stuff you add, the slower it will get, so trim it back to what you need and it should speed back up.
Also check that your antivirus has a game mode, as antivirus are the largest slowdown of a system.

I guess it is also possible that over time the PSU and hardware can wear down and have trouble performing, but try the cleaning and stuff first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop-getting-slower-and-slower-tips-needed.1129220/
Relevancy 44.72%

Alright so I've been having some compute problems recently... i'm runnin a Media Center 2005 PC with 3.0Ghz, 1GB RAM, and have Comcast Cable... but for some reason now simple things like botting up take FOREVER and different websites take a while to load, and evne my buddy list on AIM like lags a lot... I don't think with my computer specs it should be doing htis (especially since it was doing well before). Now trust me I'm no "n00b" or anyhting, but this has me stumped... I've run Panda Anti-Virus 2 times and picked up a total of 4 items... ran Ad-Aware, and SpyBot and fixed some things and I'm still have problems

what would you recomend?