Windows Support Forum

MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue?

Q: MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue?

Greetings All I posted this over at both the MSI and TomsHardware forums as I think it's a hardware issue but I want to make sure it's not Z170a or 960 MSI Gaming GTX 100ME 3 GAMING Issue? a Windows issue so I'm MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue? going to post it here in case anyone has some thoughts or ran into a similar issue in the past Gents I've run into an issue on a new build that I can't nail down and need your advice on my next steps so I'll try to give you all the information I have and what I tried This is a NEW build that was built about weeks ago Everything ran fine until today when it all went wrong after a game lockup Everything worked fine today when I booted up so I decided to play Witcher which I've been playing with no issues with the exception of a freeze for a second or two in big cities when the CPU hit's but those are few Anyway at the main menu screen not playing yet today it locked up for the first time Had to use reset button as CNT-ALT-DLT didn't work and on reboot the problem appeared Problem No matter what I do I can't get GTX out of X resolution safe mode or resolve it's conflict Description of how it Boots Events Starting the PC powering on this is what happens between devices The GPU lights up and monitor is Blue active Four seconds later GPU lights OFF VGA on motherboard turns RED and Monitor goes AMBER no signal Six seconds later GPU lights ON RED VGA light goes OFF and Monitor goes Blue active At this point it loads the bios screen at X resolution and same if I enter windows With or Without the Nividia drivers installed I can not change the desktop resolution and device manager reports the device is disabled and conflicts All functions on quot Change Display Settings quot beyond X is quot greyed out quot and under quot Properties quot it's all blank Checking quot resources quot it's conflicting with the Intel CPU resources Also on boot-up a small graphic glitch appears on the screen for a few seconds wide lines then goes away Steps I've taken and it's result Removed and Reinstalled Drivers NONE Removed and re-seat GPU NONE Double Check voltages from PSU for stability fine v on rails NONE Remove all drivers and the card reboot and let Windows install it's own NONE Installed and Reinstall drivers through device manager NONE Ran SFC to check for corruption NONE Swapped out for a known good SEE BELOW Now Here's where my trouble shooting skills are at a loss Thinking it's now a GPU issue I removed all drivers and installed my old GTS to test GTS Boot events Power PC Motherboard VGA RED and Monitor Blue active Three seconds later VGA RED goes OFF and enters BIOS and Windows at high resolution Installed Nivida drives rebooted and checked settings in device manager and desktop and it's all fine at X At this point thinking the GTX is the issue which it still may be I installed it without nvidia drivers in another PC running Windows to test and it worked fine in that PC at a higher resolution NOT X as that monitor didn't support it with default Windows drivers So the card works in the other PC but not my new build at the moment worked fine for weeks and my older GTX card works in the new build which I'm using now which suggests the motherboard is not the issue or is it As the bios screen is effected by the issue before Windows loads this suggests a hardware issue not software I have close restore point from days ago but I'm not a novice PC builder so my gut is telling me it's a hardware issue so it's worthless to restore since it won't address the issue and the GTX I'm running right now works fine at those settings Thoughts Advice Next Steps PC Specs MSI Z a Gaming bios ver A G Skill Ripjaws V Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Intel Core i - M GHz LGA MSI GeForce GTX DirectX GTX GAMING ME Rosewill DU watt PSU Windows Pro bit SP Updates Hanns G HG X hz Connected via DVI to HDMI cable Nvidia Driver Version Side Note As someone mentioned this before The power supply I'm using Rosewill DU watt PSU is old but at the time was recommended from Johnnyguru and I've had no issues and did check the voltage before the build and again when this problem surfaced The GTS draws less then the watts more so if it was a issue It would have appeared when the was installed and still has no bearing on a screen resolution issue that I know of

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue?

7-31-2016 Update

Well no one replied yet to my post but I did some more testing and the result is as follows.

I did some more troubleshooting and cleared the CMOS, swapped monitors, tried another HDMI cable and reinstalled the 960 into the new build for testing but it still did not solve the issue. Still locked at 800X600 with error code 43 (Windows disable the device because of problems) in device manager and I'm concerned about how the card itself boots and lights the RED VGA led on the MSI board. I retested it in that PC that has the 600watt PSU and an Asrock board and while it did work at a higher resolution the card behaves suspiciously during powerup as.

1. Power on All Fans and MSI logo light up.... Monitor is Blue (active)
2. 5 seconds later MSI logo goes off... fans still spinning.....Monitor is Amber (No Signal)
3. 15 seconds later MSI logo comes on......Monitor goes Blue (active)
4. Once Windows loads fans stop spinning. (Normal)

**Note** This is similar to the way it boots in the problem system (no RED led on Asrock board)

So 20 seconds total to initiate a stable signal to me is problematic and this is on the test PC not the one I built BUT I still can't rule out a problem with this MSI motherboard as that RED VGA led still comes on for a few seconds when the GTS 450 is in there (even though it works fine) and I can't find an answer to if that's normal. Sent a "support" request to MSI and their reply was "Try the card in another system and try another card in your problem system" lol. They must not read carefully as this was already covered....hahaha.

So... I need some suggestions besides those I tried and if anyone has a MSI Z170a Gaming 3 board can you please post your startup sequence and let me know if it lights the RED VGA led light on startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/399131-msi-z170a-gaming-3-gtx-960-gaming-100me-issue.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi Guys This is my very first post on Windows Vista Forums and Ultimate 64-bit Gaming Windows Vista and Gaming Compatibility I am eager to get into this thread First off Windows Vista Ultimate is the very best you can buy for gaming This features the bit OS version which can process GB of RAM at top speeds you can find in a new OS I would definitely recommend this OS for gaming and none other Now on to the main part of my thread Compatibility Gaming This is the most discussed issue for gamers across the US The problem is how do you get games to work specifically older games on Windows Vista Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming Ultimate Well there are solutions You could wait until the company of the game makes a OS patch for the game although that could take a while You could go into the game files and put the game into compatibility mode for your OS And You could revert back to an older OS that works for your game Which one would you choose I would choose They are always going to make games work on a newer OS Lets take the game Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth amp Electronic Arts EA has already made a patch for those two that will have more chance of running on Vista If doesn't work then it's the type of computer hardware you are using The hardware would guarantee be outdated In that case just get more recent hardware It's not that difficult With a bit of research common sense and problem solving skills you can get gaming compatibility issues out of your hair I hope this thread has helped a couple of you out there Sincerely alienware Think I helped you out Click the scales Give me some rep Thanks

A:Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming

Very Smart Post!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/236286-windows-vista-ultimate-64-bit-gaming-compatibility-gaming.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi guys This is my first post while Gigabyte in Gaming GTX970 with SLI G1 gaming BSOD in this forum since I have not received any BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming help from elswhere BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming You guys are my only hope Okay so I recently bought two G Gaming GTX graphics cards The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers so I got the Display Driver Uninstaller from dguru scrubbed the drivers in safe mode After restart windows still used its own drivers at first but everything worked and I updated with the latest nVidia drivers Now to the issue After gaming for some time graphically demanding games AC Unity FarCry the PC would freeze and I would have a BSOD on my hands Interestingly enough this has happened with nVidia supported games but I've managed to play Alien Isolation for an extended period of time which is AMD supported Have not had any problems with Borderlands Pre Sequel nVidia supported either but it's also not as heavy on the GPU When the BSOD has happened it has happened approx within an hour of gaming sometimes within minutes The BSOD does not happen when I'm watching movies or browsing the net or working on the PC just when gaming heavy does it occur I run the system SLI enabled I'm going to include two crash dumps below By the looks of it it seems to be a driver issue so what are my options here I've reinstalled the drives but still the problem has persisted Any help or insight into the BSOD errors I'm getting would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Nahkman Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x C GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME ACU exe CURRENT IRQL f ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff to fffff c b STACK TEXT fffff f b fffff c fffff f b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f b fffff f hal HalpMcaReportError x fffff f c fffff e db e hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x f fffff f cc fffff bf c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff f cf fffff bf d nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff f e a nt KiMcheckAbort x d f x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KxMcheckAbort c fffff bf c d c lea rcx rsp h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KxMcheckAbort c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP fb cd IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x c genuineintel nt kxmcheckabort c FAILURE ID HASH bfc df - f e- c- - c f Followup MachineOwner Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre STACK TEXT fffff e b fffff cdca fffffa d fffffa d nt WheapCreateLiveTriageDump x c fffff e ad fffff aee fffffa d fffff d fffffa d nt WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession x fffff e b fffff fffff b fffffa a a fffffa d nt WheapProcessWorkQueueItem x fffff e b fffff c fffff a e fffff fffffa d nt WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine x fffff e b fffff bae fffffa d fffffa cf nt ExpWorkerThread x fffff e c fffff c fffff fffffa d fffff ffc nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff e c fffff e fffff db fffff e e nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x genuineintel processor mae prv FAILURE ID HASH e -e - e - -f d e Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming

I've been having a very similar issue, I've only got the one Gigabyte 970 G1, and I've only really tested 2 games (AC Unity and Civ Beyond Earth) and while playing both after usually a few hours they'll freeze then I'll get a bsod. They're always Bug Check Code: 0x00000124 and all have the Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+4ae61c.

I've run windows memory diagnostic with no results, I've reseated my card, performed multiple clean driver installs, checked temperatures with no problems. I can't figure out what's causing it and this is the only similar problem I can find online. I really wish I could help but it seems we're in much the same boat

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359369-bsod-gigabyte-g1-gaming-gtx970-sli-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 71.81%

ok so let me just throw my budget out here est I'm not sure i could be more or less thats just a rough idea MY NEED I want it to be able to play games like HITMAN ABSOLUTION at - atleast And i want it to be able a Gaming Low budget. Building Computer Gaming Help. to play grand theft auto v I need help in the costs of the parts im choosing if it can be better then please suggest parts Any way I need Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. help Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. in every aspect RAM I know what RAM is Im going for to gb will ddr do the job how much will it cost Processor I believe that a i should be okay a ghz one its around right Should i pick another one GPU okay so currently I have in my laptop a Nvidia m Its an integrated card I obviously want a dedicated one Im not sure which to pick please recommend a card hopefully from Nvidia What does bit bit mean in GPUs And what memory should the card have gb EDIT i found this card http www geforce com hardware desk geforce-gt its price is around can i go for this HDD at the time of purchase Im thinking about gb hdds because if i need more I'll simply attach more so thats not a problem MotherBoard I know s it about these things My plan is to tell my desired parts to the guy at the shop from where im buying and getting it built i'll just tell which parts I want Then he'll just choose a good enough mother board for me is this ok Did i miss anything please help me

A:Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help.

The only thing that's missing is the power supply (the "PSU"), but we should wait until you select a CPU and video card - especially the video card. The PSU is an investment, so we have to make sure it's a good one.

Anyway,

RAM:

Go for a 2 x 4 GB kit or 2 x 8 GB kit. Your only choice right now is DDR3. The cost can vary from roughly $50 USD give or take $10-$20 to almost $200 USD and more.

CPU:

Which i5? 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation, or 4th Generation Core i5? The cost should be at around $200 give or take $10 to $20 USD.

Video card:

Try to avoid being loyal to one side or the other (NVIDIA or AMD) because some AMD GPUs are way better, but some NVIDIA GPUs are better.

The 128bit or 256bit is the bandwidth of the memory. The higher the number, the faster the memory can be in some ways.

The amount of memory you'd want is about 2GB, yeah. The more the merrier, but it mostly benefits textures.

You can go for any video card you want, but the GT 640 might not be an appreciable upgrade from the 410m. You'll notice it, but I dunno...

HDD:

Yeah, this is a little bit of a personal thing because take me for example: I have two 60 GB solid state drives and it's all I need. One is for Windows and programs, and the other is for things like My Documents and even my desktop.

Like the power supply, the hard drive is a bit of an investment, so try to get good ones.

Motherboard:

Not really. I would also like to see you build it instead of making someone do it for you. That way, you can make sure it's done right the first time. You won't need to know how to do anything because you can lean on us.

I also recommend posting this thread over on Overclock.net, but make it clear that you're not overclocking. They are very good at building computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297530-building-gaming-computer-gaming-low-budget-help.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I i BSOD gaming am Occurring when Randomly while gaming??? and not dont know why I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it I dont know why but hopefully you can help me My Computer Stats -Intel BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Core i - K -GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H Z - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti GB -Corsair Vengeance GB - TB Hard Drive -Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Plus Watts -Microsoft BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Windows Home Premium -Bit Edition Link to My SF tool file should be as a attachment This the message that Windows gave me to check for solution after i restarted the BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BC BCP FE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users dbzethioboy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt When the BSOD occurred i copyed the code Stop x x xFFFFFA DC x FE x Hopefully you guys could help me out this is the first time i have dealt with something like this Thanks Dbzethioboy

A:BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???

Hi Welcome to SF

Unfortunately the dumps you uploaded are all 0x124 errors which are hardware related
BSOD Index
My initial thought is as this is new machine i would return it to place of purchase as something is obviously not right, if you wish to look into this then...
Have a read of this thread it will give you some things to try
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Analysing your dumps (they are all the same) they state an error with level 2 cache on your cpu

Code:
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc43138
Section @ fffffa800bc432c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal
Error : DCACHEL2_PREFETCH_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 6)
Address : 0x00000000a3edddc0
Misc. : 0x0000003206000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc59138
Section @ fffffa800bc592c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000003d1bddc0
Misc. : 0x0000007007000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc22138
Section @ fffffa800bc222c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000004f4fddc0
Misc. : 0x000000b040000086
So you could potentially be looking at a problem with your cpu or motherboard
Check temperatures and make sure chip is not overheating

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275126-bsod-occurring-randomly-while-gaming-when-i-am-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all About months ago I bought all new parts and assembled a PC for gaming school work The goal was PC, new nothing gaming gaming, during BSOD helps 0x9C to buy parts that are instantly available sold older PC to a friend and I needed a replacement fast and the price range was about - in Finland I ended up with the following parts - Fractal design Define R Black Pearl - Asus DRW- BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps F ST BLK G AS x DVD -RW - Kingston HyperX Genesis GB x GB - WD Green TB SATA III MB - MSI GeForce GTX Gaming OC Edition MB - Kingston SSDNow v GB SSD quot - Corsair CX W V - Intel Core i K GHz LGA - BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps Asus Z -K Intel Z LGA ATX Decided to save some money and buy heatsink cpu fan later since I also needed a new monitor - Running Windows Ultimate bit I haven't overclocked anything All seemed fine until I installed the first games and Bluescreens started coming up There are different BSOD Im getting more detailed info below Always Machine Check Exeption x C The thing is BSOD only comes during gaming First the sound loops and everything freezes followed by BSOD Searching for the problem I have - Formatted and re-installed everything times - Monitored temperatures with Bios Realtemp Open hardware monitor c- c with heavy gaming - Run sfc scannow chkdsk Seatools Lifeguard Diagnostic Memtest Prime Heaven Benchmark dxdiag no errors in any of them - Borrowed my old rams and graphics card back and replaced the new ones same BSOD still - Removed and put back pretty much all the parts checked the wires etc - Updated all drivers I could think of including all the chipsets and BIOS And nothing makes any difference BSOD doesn't seem to have any logic it might come right when I start gaming or after hours of gaming Record is times a day but it may also wait for days while I think I finally fixed it and then reappears While Im aware that c might be a bit too high BSOD presents itself also with lower temperatures However older speaking of - years games are mostly not crashing Watching movies or surfing in the web doesn't crash ever I also got some debugging help from another forum but weeks of sending dump files resulted this quot well MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION is considered a hardware error I am not sure how to decode the MCA EXCEPTION structure reported kd gt dd fffff ba bb fffff ba bb d a a d quot I'll paste few examples from WhoCrashed and the zip file from DM Log Collector On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal HalInitializeBios x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BBB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPT... Read more

A:BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps

hello, Lazzi and welcome to the forums. I'll try to help you, but would you please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions here. I can't download the file you linked to without an account, plus we prefer them here. This will tell you how. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

And also give as detailed a description as you can about your hardware including the Case, PSU and CPU Cooler, and place them in your system specs. These are the instructions I usually give and maybe it will help you.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367303-bsod-0x9c-during-gaming-new-gaming-pc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 71.81%

hello people im building a gaming PC and it is my first built Till now i had been playing on low end laptop back in times of NFS underground n all then i got XPS L x and xbox -S but they all have their limitations and the laptops cost a lot and dont withstand the threshold of the games of current time first PC in 1080p at 120HZ...... gaming 3D built for at gaming It all becomes very confined and limited So i have decided to go for an ALL GAMING ONLY PC built and im going to do it myself really excited about the first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ...... complete project Now ill be playing games in D ie on a D monitor but im not a very big fan of the k or UHD resolutions and will be playing at x p but at HZ instead of hz monitor so keeping all that in mind and with my research over the internet for couple of months i have decided what im buying and i need you guys to help me out finding any problem with this configuration PCPartPicker part list http pcpartpicker com p pV GX Price breakdown by merchant http pcpartpicker com p pV GX by merchant CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Newegg CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon M CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard MSI Z -GAMING ATX LGA Motherboard Amazon Memory G Skill Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Corsair Force LS GB quot Solid State Drive Newegg Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive OutletPC Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Twin Frozr Video Card Directron Case NZXT Phantom White ATX Mid Tower Case Amazon Power Supply Corsair CX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Monitor Asus VG QE Hz quot Monitor Newegg Total now will all things work fine with eachother i dont want something to mismatch with the other Also if i can get a motherboard cheaper then this one which supports click Overclocking like OC gene in this case and USB Audio headers for front panel of the case I would like to save some money And im really very confused about the graphic card is going for a good move or should i stick to only Remember ill be playing in D at HZ minimum at p any more suggestions you give me will be rewarded with kisses of your loved ones today lol nbsp

A:first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-gaming-pc-built-for-gaming-in-3d-at-1080p-at-120hz.1138331/
Relevancy 71.81%

My gaming PC has on a number of occasions shut down during gaming assassin s creed III batman arkham origins mass effect emulating ps games etc so i decided to monitor it one time with CPUID while running batman arkham origins windowed with high settings While playing my processor temp was usually in the range of Celsius but got as high as on some occasions and my vid card was in the range of mid s Celsius and got as high as on one occasion I checked the forums and googled and from what I ve read it seemed like these temps are supposedly in the normal range But after a few hours in that constant temperature my PC hung and then setup gaming (i5, down should GTX Gaming shuts What It my i in during 580)? change PC I had to shut it down manually On the What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming other occasions that I was playing other games it didn t even hang but instead shut down on it s own What always happens after this is that when i boot my pc the monitor says there s no signal and the CPU stops and restarts on it s own either once or a couple of times i have to move the cpu to another room which is a bit cooler and have to give it a couple of hours sometimes half a day before it boots normally again There were times I ve tried just leaving it in the original room before for a few days but it never boots normally when i do that I thought that the problem might be with my GPU but recently I was browsing with google chrome and when i opened a lot of tabs in succession about the PC hung again and I had to manually restart it and encountered the same booting problem I was running CPUID at the time and the temp shot up to C My CPU s normal idle temp is - C on hot days - My GPU s normal temp is C So I m really lost as to what the problem is and I wanted to ask for your help in suggesting what I can change add to my set up so that I can game and also work without worrying about this problem Here s the rest of my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping - Stock fan Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb - Stock fan Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn P A P A-S Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled Power Supply Corsair W Aerocool Strike-X GT-Bk Mid Tower Gaming Case - x mm Stock fan intake in the bottom front exhaust in the top back Two mm intake fans in the side Thanks so much nbsp

A:What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-should-i-change-in-my-gaming-pc-setup-i5-gtx-580-it-shuts-down-during-gaming.1112092/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello everyone I have this question about help with please gaming LAN issue having a lan issue while gaming issue with LAN please help playing games I will use two games for example Quake Arena and Unreal Tournament Not exactly new but good for my example There are two machines in the setup Opponents machine E-machines megaherzt cpu megs of RAM Win SE D prophet XT mb Kyro video card Onboard sound this emachines is a prebuilt machine not sure of the generic mobo type My system AMD gig athlon cpu ASUS A V Socket A mobo Radeon mb vid card Turtle Beach Santa Cruz PCI sound card megs of RAM Win SE The network is on a port hub I know hubs are not as fast as switches but it should be fast enough for gaming Both computers have Linksys NIC cards Here is the issue I use my computer as the server and he connects to my game no dedicated servers just using mine and his to play When I play Quake Arena or Unreal Tournament my human opponent on my computer moves kinda choppy It isnt the smooth movement like I see the bots move at It makes it a little bit harder to hit my opponent Now the ping for Quake arena fluctates to - ping and Unreal Tournament - ping Now these are very low pings Why is my opponent moving kinda choppy The movement isnt fluid as the bots are Why is this Is it the ping lag Or is it the fact that my opponent has a slower machine and it shows its performance compared to mine in the game hence its more choppy because he cant move as well as mine performance isnt up to par I dont understand it to be the lag ping because I dont remember seeing people move kinda choppy like that at other LAN parties So can someone who has played LAN before and knows how the movement of your human opponents is supposed to look in a LAN game help me Any input is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:gaming issue with LAN please help

Shouldn't be any lag with two machines playing on a lan with a listen server.

add this command to your quake3 shortcut to allocatte more memory for quake3

+com_hunkMegs 256

your shortcut will look something like this then except I have mine load my default config at the end and your drive letter is probably different.
"H:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\quake3.exe" +com_hunkMegs 256 + exec brianF.cfg
Remember your machine is doing a dual role, turn your graphics down some, don't run 32bit.
Close everything else running in the background.

Make sure both machines are set to cable/dsl in the network setup to improve packet transmission on lan

I play against my son a lot, no lag, runs just great no matter if using hub, switch, or router, have used all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-issue-with-lan-please-help.82917/
Relevancy 70.09%

A few questions:

1. In some gaming computers, there are 3 video cards ( such as in Force Recon ). Is it overkill or good thing ?

2. Within the next 5 years, is Vista or XP a better gaming windows ?

3. core 2 duo or core 2 quad core ?

4. Is screen size over 21.5 " overkill ?

5. Is resolution 1920x1080 overkill ?

Relevancy 70.09%

I have been trying to play a couple of different games Diablo II and AOE lately with the same problem When I start the games they come up fine and then I go to begin a campaign or continue from my last save point etc which generally also starts fine then it happens My Odd issue gaming computer dumps me back to the desktop The game is still running but I have to go click on it to bring it back Then anywhere from mere moments to minutes it happens again I cannot figure out WHAT has happened within the system itself to cause this issue I recently defragged my C drive thoroughly Odd gaming issue something it needed in a bad way but other than that I ve not done anything significant This machine isn t even connected to the internet it s just there for gaming and other entertainment or work MS Office type purposes If anyone has any ideas please post Odd gaming issue them Is there a possible corrupted system file Another thing that happens now when I boot is I have an error regarding the Kill Process function says it quot failed quot and asks me to report it to MS which I can t do on that PC since it is not connected to the Net Those are the only two quot symptoms quot I can offer I m not new to technology by any means but this one really threw me nbsp

A:Odd gaming issue

A second note here:

1. I have updated to the latest video driver for my system (so that's not the issue).

2. It isn't just games. What seems to be happening is the system loses sight of whatever the active window is. Even if I am working on something (non-game related) the active window suddenly becomings inactive and I have to move my mouse over and reclick it to make it active so I can continue my work.

I think that is the core issue, the system is losing sight of the active window. If there is a system file that controls this that I can replace, please let me know. I'd rather not have to re-install my whole darn system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-gaming-issue.751677/
Relevancy 70.09%

i've windows 7 and during game play of ddo i constantly am getting total disconnection from internet, the power button on tower stays on but there is no blinking lights i have to totally reboot to re-establish internet connection, at times it will go on like this for weeks then abruptly stop and then other times have uninterrupted game play for weeks at a time. when it happens the moniter goes totally black, not blue. i use vista. i have no problems with regular internet access

A:gaming issue

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Quote:

i've windows 7

Quote:

i use vista.

Which is it?

Can you look in the BIOS to see the temps?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gaming-issue-676077.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm sure this wil be simple to answer, but I need confirmation before purchasing something I may not need.

Anyway, I have two computers networked through a Netgear 10/100 802.11b wireless router (the computers are currently hard-wired, though). I realize that despite having gigabit NICs on the pcs, I'm bottlenecked at 100mbps by the router. My question is whether this is the culprit in gaming lag issues we seem to have with games that work just fine played on single player. I'm well updated so far as drivers go and the Netgear firmware, too.

If the router is the bottleneck for gaming then I'm resolved to buy a gigabit router; however, with both pcs having dual gigabit NICs, can I simply run a cable from the extra NIC on one to the extra on the other and then have a gigabit LAN for gaming?

Thanks for any help and happy new year.

A:LAN gaming issue

Forgot to put system info...

AMD Athlon XP 3200
ASUS A7N8X - E Deluxe
160 SATA
1gb (2 x 512mb) OCZ RAM
Radeon X850XT 256mb video card
Marvell Gigabit NIC
nVidia Gigabit NIC

Windows XP w/SP2
DirectX 9c

(the other pc is pretty much the same, particularly as far as NICs go).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-gaming-issue.529912/
Relevancy 69.23%

So I m new to the forum and I was hoping my issue can be resolved or at least get some insight on what is causing my PC to crash The rig is brand new and I just installed windows and updated everything so it s getting really depressing gettting your new PC to crash this much During gaming or watching videos or downloading heavy programas i e Games my computer will just freeze out and I can t task manager out of it the only way out is to turn it off my holding the power button Sometime when watching a video it ll crash and a sound just loops from the speakers in the screen I ve tried Changing RAM sticks and only using one Re installing windows and all the drivers WhoCrashed doesn t give me any crash reports not even when I had it open and the PC crashed Specs http speccy piriform com results vF GuRJcFeP FEXkKQf rIZ Any type of insight would really be apreciated

A:New Gaming Rig crashes during gaming and videos

Here is a review on Newegg, about your motherboard ?
That may shed some light on your problem you are having.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/SingleProductReview.aspx?reviewid=3972564

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630217/new-gaming-rig-crashes-during-gaming-and-videos/
Relevancy 69.23%

HI BleepingComputer,

I recently bought a new gaming computer. I am really happy with it, but when I tried to test her out with some new games, my whole computer crashes. The games I tried it with are League of Legends and Counter Strike Global offensive. Here is a speccy for anyone intrested http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qLb4kYSzKDwZyFeBstSWHDf. I hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance

Luke

Edit: I think it has to do with my graphic card; when run speccy while playing csgo it registered 97 degrees. Is there anything I can do?

A:Gaming Computer crashes while gaming

Look at the event viewer to find which part of you PC causes the problem, read this guide http://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson3/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562532/gaming-computer-crashes-while-gaming/
Relevancy 69.23%

So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers.
It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect.
I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if someone could recommend a way of doing a fresh install.
Also more recently my GPU hasn't been appearing on my device manager randomly, but after a reset it comes back.
I've attached the dump files following the guides, not sure if I have done it properly though.
Help would be appreciated soon as I don't want this ?1000 laptop to die

A:Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.

Yeah, you are having problems with the Nvidia driver.

Your msinfo.32 shows that as disabled though, that could just be at the time the report was created.

Where did you get that driver, it appears to be a beta driver from Nvidia.

Have you tried just using the driver from the manufacturer? They usually modify drivers for their hardware.

I can see it is an older driver but that may be your best option,

MSI Global GT70 0NC 64

How is your laptop cooling? Have you made sure the cooling vents are clean?

All that being said, here is a useful guide for Nvidia drivers,

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Try cleaning your laptop vents and doing a clean install of the driver from MSI to see if it makes a difference.

If you still want to do a clean install, this tutorial can help with that,

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331211-various-bsod-while-gaming-some-randomly-while-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 69.23%

First of all i wanna say hello and congratulations for this helpful site To the point My pc specs are GPU Twintech GT mb MOBO Asus P QL-E CPU Intel Core Quad Q PSU Silverstone Element W RAM Mushkin gb DDR So all of these except my graphics card are new I m having for about - months now been getting BSODs after a period of time playing games I While gaming[moved from BSOD gaming] ve formated my pc times so i ve realised it is nothing related to software I asked lots of ppl and technicians and told me that it was my old PSU W So i changed it with the one mentioned Same happened with the RAM before buying them - moths ago I had changed sets of RAM i had nothing still So i really need your help on this coz if u ever had this problem u d knew how it feels to try play BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming] a game and suddenly a blue pops up disturbs u I really think it is the GPU but i gotta know what pros think PS These are some of the bsod i get

A:BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming]

Hello and welcome to TSF and thanks for the compliment.

I think this is your RAM. I need you to do a test...

Please download http://www.memtest.org// It's saved as an iso so you need to burn it to a cd and boot with it(yes it's legal). Make sure you run it for each stick, as in taking every stick but one then switching. I would recommend running them overnight(each).
You may want to dust your ram carefully!
Make sure you get no finger prints on the RAM as it may damage it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-while-gaming-moved-from-gaming-460361.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm new to the forum but have a problem that I want make the right decision on. I play Aces High II which is a flight simulation game. It may not be as hard core as Battlefield 3 but they do keep upgrading to high res graphics. My computer is a prebuilt Dell Studio XPS 8000. Intel i7 core 860 processor @ 2.8GHz. Graphics card a Nvidia geforce GTS 240. 8 Mb memory, Windows 7 home premium os. Now that said I am experiencing stutter sometimes while i'm playing. My fps go from 60 which is where it should be to 10 or less. I,m not sure if this is the game card or a lousy connection to the game server as we do get discoed sometimes. The computer is a year and a half old and don't remember experiencing this before that much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not against getting a new card and probably need new power supply.

A:GeForce GTS 240 issue or gaming server issue?

What resolution are you playing at? What is your budget for your upgrade?

Its your gpu more than likely

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gts-240-issue-or-gaming-server-issue.177654/
Relevancy 69.23%

hey guys i was wondering I ve had this BSOD problem with certain games ever since i was given my new ATI Raedon x and w upgrade from w power supply from my parents last Christmas It s BSOD gaming issue usually mainly been with games involving Steam engine where in the middle of nowhere doesn t even give any sort of sign that it s having problems just goes right to BSOD i ll post the BSOD gaming issue rar of minidump next time it happens The weirdest part is that I can play games like Call BSOD gaming issue of duty and Call of duty and doom on high graphics with no problems My main question is if it s an actual internal problem i e RAM issue or video card issue or if it s something i can fix by doing some editing in my CCC catalyst control center or display drivers I m personally thinking that it s steam not accepting my video card because when i had my old Nvidia Geforce GT i could play any steam game just fine and almost every other forum i ve looked at the has my problem also BSOD gaming issue has either my exact video card or is still an ATI Radeon however my other theory is that it s a RAM issue because when i had my computer rebooted when i got the new video card and power supply i took of my mb RAM sticks and put it in my dad s machine for his birthday and replaced it with a mb to even my RAM to GB and I ve scanned my computer with avast s boot time scan and found no malaware other virus s at all but i never had this problem until i had gotten the ATI card And well i was wondering if anyone had any ideas to the problem My system specs as of now are AMD Athlon tm single core ATI Radeon x Sapphire mb RaelTek don t know the real name Sound card GB Hard Drive OS Windows XP Professional mb RAM sticks w power supply upgrade from w MSI K n motherboard lost the box but i know it s an MSI Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-gaming-issue.781690/
Relevancy 69.23%

I think this is a video card issue, but starting yesterday I can't really play any games. When I load them up, they kind of freak out and these lines sort of flash in and out and the graphics are heavily distorted. How can I fix this?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recent-gaming-issue.857983/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys, ive just come back to msn gaming zone after a while on a new computer, and as i am loading the page that has all the rooms i receive a "Internet explorer security warning" that states Windows has found a problem with this file, Name: heartbeat.cab, Publisher: Unknown Publisher. I am on Windows XP with service pack two, and would appreciate any help, cheers

A:Msn Gaming Zone Issue

download mozilla firefox

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-gaming-zone-issue.392471/
Relevancy 69.23%

I own a game called Beyond Pearl Harbor (Pacific Warriors). Its a game involving fighter aircraft from the World War II era. When I first got it I was able to use my joystick to control the airplane. I had to buy a new joystick and I have not been able to get it to work with the game. It keeps defaulting to controls for use with a keyboard. I've had other games where you had an option to use a keyboard or joystick. But now I cannot find a way to activate the joystick part of it. Can anyone help me with this problem

Relevancy 69.23%

I think this is a hardware problem, but we'll see what you guys think. I am trying to play Red Alert 2 w/ 1.006 patch (latest), it's an IPX game. I was trying to play over Wireless (802.11b) through a PCMCIA card, I'd get in the lobby and see the game, but when I click on join the game freezes and it never loads. So I thought, "okay, maybee this is just a wifi issue" so I tried it over my PCMCIA 10/100 network card using cat-5 cable with the same results. The computer has a built in NIC but it cuts in and out so I cant use it cuz you lose connection during games, however point being I can start up the game that way, which doesnt make any sense to me. Why can I not play over PCMCIA. I already made sure that the IPX protocol is installed. Whats goin on here?

A:PCMCIA/IPX Gaming Issue

Do you have IPX installed for the new cards? The protocol stack can be different for every network adapter in Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcmcia-ipx-gaming-issue.26126/
Relevancy 69.23%

I recently had my hardrive in my Acer Aspire V laptop, ever since i have had many issues running games on it, the games all worked perfectly on high settings pre to my hardrive repair. I am able to load into my games perfectly, but after about 2 minutes of playing or at certain points in some games, my game will freeze for a couple of seconds and I will receive a black screen for a moment, the awkward thing is the game will resume where it left off unless if I am online then it will push me forward to where everyone else is up too. This only happens with games, I am not sure why but I would like it to be resolved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-gaming-issue.1165126/
Relevancy 69.23%

Assalam-o-Alaikum! (Peace be upon you)!      I have a HP Pavilion 15- p104ne with Intel 4th gen. Core i5 4210U Processor, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD and 2GB Nvidia Geforce 840m Graphics Card.    The issue with it is that when i play games on it without plugging in adaptor i get about 30 fps in game but when I plug adaptor in then i get 10 fps, mean performance decreases.  Also while playing if it is plugged in and i switch off the adaptor the fps decrease to 1..." Please help to solve the issue."The things i have tried are:Changing Power Options from balanced or power saver to high performanceTested plugged in, plugged out adaptor is Ok.Upadated drivers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Performance-issue-with-gaming/td-p/5787737
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello all, I have found several similar problems with search results but none specifically like mine. Just wondering if there is something simple Im missing or if its an issue with 8.1 and my setup.

Every game I open has a separate red and blue 3D appearance. I will attach a pic. The warning in corner is new, tried turning shadows off, no luck also tried a different monitor and different resolutions = same results.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Display - AOC 2963, 2560x1080

Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

A:8.1 update gaming issue

That looks like a 3D image for the red/blue glasses type....made sure you don't have the option turned on in your graphics drivers settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/46955-8-1-update-gaming-issue.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Ok so just early January all of the sudden during Freezing issue gaming. my computer would freeze while I was playing a game All I could do was hard restart When it freezes there would just be this zzzzzzzzz noise coming from computer like the sound got stuck I am not Freezing issue during gaming. overheating during gameplay my CPU would stay between - C and my GPU is pretty steady at C I believe my drivers are all up to date Freezing issue during gaming. This only happens during gaming too Any other use of my computer netflix youtube other videos music etc is just Freezing issue during gaming. fine Even in full screen I have not had an issue Originally i thought it had something to do with a janky driver so i switched the games from full screen to windowed That seemed to solve the problem I had weeks of no problems at all Then just today a freeze occurred in my windowed game My event log is showing no message of actual use just that my computer shut down improperly I don't get BSOD's or anything just a freeze I am worried it could be my PSU but I don't know how to test it I am not really interested in buying some silly tester somewhere tearing open my laptop and trying to test it Here is a speccy http speccy piriform com results I KSIxZuwDVnPA MkSR iIa Any suggestions would be amazing I know the hard resets are not good for computer so I am worried about playing games and having this continue Maybe it is a new driver that is buggy Who knows I can't find anything EDIT Just finished the DiskChecker Disk self test tool the full check one and had no problems My numbers all seemed pretty good as well under the SMART information so I am ruling out overheating and hard disk

A:Freezing issue during gaming.

Just an idea, I ran into a similar issue.  The sound driver was in conflict with the video, I found it out by disabling the sound driver.  I ended up just reloading a fresh copy to fix it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523782/freezing-issue-during-gaming/
Relevancy 69.23%

Good day to you In server dns issue/or gaming Possible the last few weeks the house hold has been losing wireless connections while wired connections stay up and running I suspect its my nephew who insists on leaving the router open as in no security - no mac filtering - no Possible dns issue/or gaming server wep - wpsk etc since he allows gamers to access his computer used as a server Of course nephew is connected to via wired ethernet and we are all wireless We all seem to lose connections at the same time I suspect the routers limited RAM and hard mem firmware control flags dont allow for collisions and exceed-bandwidth usage from incoming gaming I also suspect the open access to wireless connection doesnt have anything to do with it either since the dhcp client table never shows any unknown wireless connections I have been looking through the event viewer to find clues of which one is wpad hsd co comcast net listed as the DNS in a warning under a DNS Client Event I found a paper written several years ago concerning DNS manipulation and wpad xxxanthything generally means an undefined DNS if you ipconfig all you can see the dns is correct except for the wpad portion wpad is never there in that particular way of looking at the DNS it only shows in the event viewer There are affected computers when this happens except nephews two towers My first question is can the use of Torrent clients cause this sort of thing or is it more likely traffic from gaming kicking us off Ive seen some of his configs in the router and he has his twin towers listed as priority of anything else We had a discussion about that torrent thing and he seemed to think it was the torrent downloads However two defenses to that argument are the torrent has never reached more than MB s dn and KB s up peak and we have a MB s service Secondly as a precaution all torrents have been stopped and the torrent apps are closed yet we all still get bumped off the router except for his wired connection I will now place the log suggested Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Thank you for your direction and your efforts nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-dns-issue-or-gaming-server.1028893/
Relevancy 69.23%

I know there are a lot Sound/Gaming Issue of posts like this but I haven't found one exactly identical to my problem and no fixes have worked Problem Sound makes skipping crackling noises while playing MMO RPGs This does not occur with For example Starcraft which is a RTS game same with Civ However it does occur with games like Rift and even KOTOR which was released around same exact issue This leads me to think it isn't a compatibility issue My FPS is pretty nice too It runs about - on new games All drivers are up to date it's been checked Sound/Gaming Issue several times Info on the system The computer was doing this right out of the box I bought it cheap and augmented it with a Sound/Gaming Issue Video card and a larger PSU from w to w so that I could play newer games I initially thought it was an issue Sound/Gaming Issue with Rift but soon learned otherwise Since it only happens while gaming Next I figured it was sound card related I started with the onboard I updated it with no change I then used a USB card I had laying around Same issue occurred Then I bought a decent PCI card same thing So I'm going to assume this isn't for lack of a sound card or driver related I'm no longer convinced it's even a sound related issue Here are some specs for your enjoyment Operating System MS Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU AMD Athlon II X ghz RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard LENOVO Tilapia CRB CPU BIOS Brand LENOVO Version D KT AUS Date Graphics AL W x Hz NVIDIA GeForce GTX Audio SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio Creative PCI Slot Here is a DxDiag as well Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated Edit Observation this problem does not occur constantly It only occurs during loading screens and when I'm running i e movement in the game Everything is peachy when I'm standing still

A:Sound/Gaming Issue

Are all the techs on vacation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/178315-sound-gaming-issue.html
Relevancy 68.37%

OS - Windows x OEM OS bought from Newegg Age of System and OS Weeks CPU - gaming computer. BSOD new issue on AMD FX- Zambezi GHz Video Card - HIS H F G M Radeon HD BSOD issue on new gaming computer. MotherBoard - ASUS M A Power Supply - CORSAIR HX W RAM - G SKILL Ripjaws Z Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Hey guys I bought built this gaming computer about a week and a half ago and it's been giving me nothing but issues so far After getting Windows installed along with drivers updates I tried playing Trine with a friend of mine After about an hour of play I got my first BSOD in years Basically it was a ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY BSOD coming from dxgkrnl sys After looking around the forums and talking to a few friends I went into BIOS to check my ram Found out my ASUS board had auto-configured my timings I changed the ram to the stock timings and so far haven't had that one yet but I honestly don't know if that fixed anything as that was yesterday Last night playing a different game I got another BSOD this one being DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL stemming from the NETIO SYS driver I ran Driver Verifier and restarted windows and of course it BSOD'd again with a DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER VIOLATION error I wasn't able to make out the exact driver that caused that one so far Any help additional info about either of these issues would be appreciated In concerns to the first BSOD I noticed that the North Bridge on this board runs extremely hot much hotter than my last board Not sure if it could be over-heating or not

A:BSOD issue on new gaming computer.

NETIO.SYS
LGVirHid.sys

Those are the most common reasons why you are having BSODs

Install the latest drivers for your LAN and WLAN
Also Uninstall the drivers for your LG gaming Panel and Reinstall the latest ones

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-issue-on-new-gaming-computer-637074.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey First off thanks for taking time to read this I just built this system out and until this issue popped up I considered myself a pretty decent basic troubleshooter but I am up/challanging Gaming/freezing issue. about three steps away from turning this bloody system into a file server or perhaps a boat anchor Issue When playing MMOs particularly Champions Online and The Secret World my machine does a complete lockup and I have to hard boot it I am going to list basic specs everything I have tried that I can remember and my dxdiag and see if anyone has any ideas because I GOTTA be missing something Windows AMD FX- Black Ed ASRock extreme GB of Cosair Vengence DDR running dual channeled AMD Radeon HD Ran CPU-Z and GPU-Z and checked temp and voltage Glary utilities and Secunia and updated everything cleared Gaming/freezing up/challanging issue. old driver references Tried playing with sound card and game sound disabled Stopped AERO indexing and tried playing after booting into diagnostic mode I am running the games as admin in compatibility mode but just for grins and giggles did it not in admin and compatibility mode just to see what would happen same Ran memory diagnostics everything was fine but replaced my MHz ran with what I currently have just in case the new stuff tested fine too Opened up the system and re-seated card video Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated Ah also forgot to mention I just uninstalled my virus scanner and booted into diagnostic right before this dxdiag was ran but I normally run AVAST Not sure that it matters since it crashed while being ran like that as well but ya never know ------------- ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name HEATHER-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate N -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O E M System Model To Be Filled By O E M BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD Series Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x BA DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV BA amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Sceptre X WG Monitor Id SPT Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - BFA- CF- D - BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x BA SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag Evergreen ci ven amp dev ba Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-freezing-up-challanging-issue.1081282/
Relevancy 68.37%

Before I tell you the problem here s my specs Intel Core Duo Ghz CPUs NVIDIA GeForce M GTS Mb Video Ram Gb RAM I can t even run minecraft on the lowest settings without this computer crashing and it even crashes albeit rarely while watching youtube videos The left side of the computer gets very hot I think this is where the GPU is because when I monitor the temps the GPU will get up to C or more The fan will run but only when it starts getting hot It s warm right now and not running I ve checked with the manufacturing and I am not able to Gaming Laptop Issue Overheating on change fan speeds I clean the dust out with compressed air fairly regularly last time was a week or two ago I bought the computer in It is still overqualified for most applications and everything I ever ran on it steam games battlefield minecraft etc It s no longer under warranty I have never put it through any harsh tests I noticed the problem about - years ago while playing counterstrike source It would get choppy at times and eventually crash I did basic troubleshooting I cleaned out the fans put a large fan next to the computer to blow on it bought a cooling fan for underneath The large fan Overheating Issue on Gaming Laptop is the only thing that really worked but it gave me dry hands and made me cold which is really not worth it for entertainment purposes If you think you can help just ask me to do anything I Overheating Issue on Gaming Laptop m really desperate to fix this issue I m at the point of scrapping it because I don t know what to do with it anymore nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-issue-on-gaming-laptop.1004090/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello, I am currently running my internet using the work connection I have in my home. I want to be able to play online shooters, CounterStrike, Deus Ex..... Now it doesn't show any servers since I have this work connection...I downloaded GameSpy about 30 mins ago and as it was loading up, it said something about a firewall was stopping me from using GameSpy properly.

Am I looking in the right place? And if so, I went to inbound and outbound rules nd that looked like maybe it might have something to do with it.

Thank you very much in advance for any information!

A:Connection Issue regarding gaming online

Did you ever used Windows Firewall with Advanced Security ( your screenshot ) to configure anything? If you haven't touched it before then the problem is not there. Please explain what 'work connection' is. What 'work connection' means to me is a VPN connection that puts you inside a company's network so you can access MS Exchange servers, Sharepoint servers, as if you were in the office.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-issue-regarding-gaming-online.974351/
Relevancy 68.37%

So I only noticed this problem a few days ago I ve never had the issue before I too!) gaming lag issue Random (offline while used to game a lot more on my laptop WoW Crysis CSS lots more everything ran fine Specs are Windows Professional Processor Intel Core Duo P GHz Gigs Random lag issue while gaming (offline too!) ram Video Card Nvidia Geforce M GT Alright so I haven t really played many games in the past few weeks but the laptop has always run everything perfectly Played through Crysis with settings on High with no problems So a few days ago I installed Assassin s Creed original and after about minutes of playing the game I experiences a lag spike that Random lag issue while gaming (offline too!) lasted for about seconds Basically the sound continued fine but the game s fps seemingly dropped down to like After a bit the game sped back up and was fine but every few minutes this happens I then went to play Left Dead online and the same thing happens Its not the servers or my internet of course no one else is affected while playing online So I decided to test it on one more game and booted Counter-Strike Source I played the game for quite a while experiencing no lag spikes at all I really can t figure out what the issue is I checked all my drivers and their current I ran a defrag spyware scan CCleaner I even did a system restore to about weeks ago Windows had done some updates recently and still had the issue I ve looked but haven t been able to find any solution that fixes my problem on the forums I m not sure if I m missing something or what but it renders the games practically unplayable Anyone have any idea what could be happening here Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I got a gaming lag issue that seems to be sound related When a ingame sound plays my fps drops very low and the game lags hard The game is DOD my pc is a intel core cpu GHz CPU s GHz seems got sound that gaming be to lag I related. issue, a I have two gigs of ram My video card is a G Express chipset family Internal MB My sound is HD audio realtek semiconductor corp I also have a plantronics headset currently default Windows VIsta Home preimum SP I have updated all drivers Went through the list in device manager one by one and clicked update to update EVERYTHING and microsoft update is up to date I got a gaming lag issue, that seems to be sound related. no updates also the manufacture updates even the ones I thought would be unrelated When a sound plays ingame like a voice or nade My fps falls to or and I get extream lag This never happened until I got a gaming lag issue, that seems to be sound related. reciently And it only seems to happen on most maps The smaller ones The only thing right now that I have to go on is When I start the game my console says Microsoft PCM format only I am not sure what this is and if there is a way to update it or to install a different format Things I have tried I have put in a new video card slower crappyer one but still enough to I got a gaming lag issue, that seems to be sound related. play the game I put in a newer sound card and uninstalled the headset and disabled the onboard sound Still the exact same issue I have also reformatted the pc to try to rectify the problem which seemed to help for a day or three but I am back to where I started again My pc is by far enough to play this game my intenet connection is meg and no problems I have tried HLTOOLZ which optimizes my settings ingame I also have tried the quot game buster quot which turns off all unessary background tasks I have also tried disableing the firewall and the virus protection as well as windows defendor and other programs in the task list that I thought might be causing the problem No matter what I do I get the exact same symptoms FPS will be running around - until a ingame sound plays then I drop to or FPS oh I also turned down the ingame settings to the lowest possible settings as well as my graphix on my desktop to the lowest settings This appears to be sound related and even if I disable the ingame sounds the lag still happenes In the sound settings in vista there are not many options to change things around Perhaps it has something to do with that PCM format only I see its a codec but I dont know if I can just uninstall that codec or install an updated version of that codec I am at a loss here any ideas would be most helpfull I am willing to try just about anythign at this point Thanks in advance Oh I would like to add that I ran spybot and adaware and avast all updated and in safe mode nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-got-a-gaming-lag-issue-that-seems-to-be-sound-related.959023/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi nbsp I recently received via an insurance claim a HP gaming laptop Product number T Gaming laptop wifi/bluetooth HP issue P EA ABU but am having the following issue nbsp I can t connect to my ghz wifi signal because the network adapter in my HP Gaming laptop wifi/bluetooth issue laptop is a b g n and so can only see ghz I think this is correct but more than happy to be told otherwise My work laptop which is generally a much lower spec machine can see the ghz wifi ssid with no problem nbsp My internet speed BT infinity is fine - mbps on wireless a room away from the hub The problem is that when I pair my laptop with my soundbar woofa over bluetooth it slowly over about - mins reduces and ultimately kills the wifi signal nbsp I'm struggling to find much on the web around upgrading the laptop to dual band capability so can anyone help with nbsp a Upgrading the laptop to dual band capabilityb A fix for the Bluetooth killing wifi issue nbsp It seems crazy that a laptop this expensive and designed for gaming would a not be upgradable for dual band wifi or b not be able to cope with both bluetooth and wifi nbsp Please keep in mind I'm not a taking computers apart type - nbsp Many thanks in advance for any help nbsp CH

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Gaming-laptop-wifi-bluetooth-issue/td-p/5788770
Relevancy 67.51%

Currently, I'm trying to play some of the various games I have. One in particular is Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. The issue is it keeps opening up on the second monitor off to my right. Even though I have the one sitting in front of me designated the 'Primary'.

Can't run the game in windowed mode as it doesn't actually support it, even though there is a field for 'Fullscreen' in the default.cfg

Anyone else having this sort of issue?

Note: This game was installed using Steam

A:[Issue] Windows 8 on Dual Monitor & Gaming

Unplug your second monitor and start the game, it will start on the primary and start there again when you re connect your second monitor

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/13673-issue-windows-8-dual-monitor-gaming.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I currently play the World of Warcraft and has been using the same video card setup for the Gaming issue card/computer use Video with past few years It s an nVidia but I m looking to see what type lt Video card/computer issue with Gaming use --heavy use I ve been searching through the forums for quite sometime to figure out what s my problem but here it is so far -While playing my screen started to flare up in several colors -On my desktop these colors seem to be quot stained quot onto it resulting in difficult use opening closing the Start tab folders -When I also have my desktop shown the screen blinks showing a black screen for about seconds then reappearing to the quot stained quot desktop I m am really positive this is a video card issue but I would love to hear some feedback on this before I dish out money to someone to fix this I would really appreciate the help in any way possible Thank you Robert P S Yes my power supply fan is working nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-computer-issue-with-gaming-use.676394/
Relevancy 67.51%

When I use wireless I get massive lag issues sometimes it runs smoothly somedays and others its just unplayable A friend who had the same found plugging in his cable straight from the modem solved this I did the same and when the cable is plugged in I can t even connect to game servers The easiest game plugged in, is ok wireless odd is gaming issue when cable Very pc to test this with is arma as you can t even connect without the anti cheat having a connection to you I do get as far as th game lobby and after seconds with the cable connected to my pc I get kicked as it can t connect to the game however an interesting thing is if I pull out the cable and Very odd pc gaming issue when cable is plugged in, wireless is ok activate wireless I get an instant connectik to the game but my ping goes way up I then test this again by disabling wireless and putting in the cable and I lose connection to the game Oddly when I use steam with wireless I get a download rate for games and updates if about kb s but with the cable plugged in I get so it s definantly working it just won t Very odd pc gaming issue when cable is plugged in, wireless is ok let me play games online and normally Internet runs much faster for videos etc while the cable is plugged in My Internet provider which is sky assure me nothing is in place that should be blocking and quite frankly treat me like in dumb as all they want is for me to keep resetting the modem or say perhaps my computer can t play the game I can pay with wireless but just get heavy lag issues I have Very odd pc gaming issue when cable is plugged in, wireless is ok bought a new PC recently and have th same problem I can t run games easily it s just the Internet that is having problems I have also tried disabling my firewall but this doesn t help and yes I know that s not a good idea but its all I could think off Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Very odd pc gaming issue when cable is plugged in, wireless is ok

Have you updated to the latest drivers for your ETHERNET card? Whats the make and EXACT model number of that PC you are having problems with? Also whats your OS? 32bit or 64bit? Whats your Routers make and model number? Modem make and model number?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-odd-pc-gaming-issue-when-cable-is-plugged-in-wireless-is-ok.1100971/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all I want to preface that I'm not very computer literate I know the basics and Radeon issue; Freezes Gaming 7750 HD was able to build my current computer with someone's help but sometimes stuff can go over my head so bear with me Backstory I have a computer I HD Radeon 7750 Gaming issue; Freezes built about years ago a friend of mine picked out some parts based on what I quot wanted quot really the extent of what I knew about my computer was that I have GB Ram cores etc That and I had a gigabyte HD Radeon that more or less ran everything HD Radeon 7750 Gaming issue; Freezes I wanted it to perfectly I had and still have Windows x Ultimate HD Radeon 7750 Gaming issue; Freezes The card died about a month ago I bought a new one an Asus and I got my visual back I had uninstalled the old card's drivers and decided to do a clean install of Windows Sort of an impulsive idea I just wanted a quot fresh start quot I then Installed the latest release from AMD for my new card Granted I BELIEVE I uninstalled the old drivers What's the easiest way to check I'm a big gamer so my new game I was playing after the switch was Dead Space After a while I noticed that if I was doing something in game that involved a lot of movement doors closing screen shaking the game would freeze The game would stop and the visuals would be frozen but sound would continue It didn't crash to desktop just hung there I tried uninstalling and reinstalling different drivers and older more stable catalyst suites nothing seemed to work I went back to the latest and just swallowed my pride I finished the entire game just restarting the times it would stop maybe dozen total It bothered me that the problem seemed quot random quot even if I noticed that it would mostly happen in high action sequences sometimes I would make it through an area without a freeze sometimes not As you can tell I'm pretty bad at troubleshooting I just assumed it was local to that game's having I don't know poor coding and my Frankenstein of a computer didn't like it Yeah not exactly scientific Anyway now I'm trying out the new Bioshock Infinite with the latest drivers and just an hour in the exact same thing happened Visual freeze game stop hang unless I stop the process This time I checked the catalyst suite's provided information as I was running it and I didn't notice any obvious overheating or fatal errors despite the game failing This second occurrence makes me think it's not a problem that will just go away as childish as that sounds I know it's not a lot of information to go on I was hoping maybe someone had a similar issue perhaps with the Radeon card I'm hoping that I didn't get a bad card I ordered all the parts for this machine past and present from newegg com I can figure out all the other components I've got if need be but I'm hoping that since the only big change is the new card that the problem lies there Thanks for listening though

A:HD Radeon 7750 Gaming issue; Freezes

Hello and welcome Helio mate some system specs would be handy and the card you say is an
Asus 7750 now not being terribly up on GPU's - an Asus ??????7750 so cannot look up any drivers for it.

Would also like to know what the temps you are running too .

Get the specs and temps with Speccy - download from piriform
Speccy - Download

As for the old drivers they would have been cleared by the fresh install - it was from scratch fresh clean install?

The other thing I am thinking too is the PSU you could try checking the power output (volts) on that too. PSU - How to Test

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/283917-hd-radeon-7750-gaming-issue-freezes.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I m new to this board but I have spent ages looking for information that might and gaming the Vista for - LAN issues the of XP source issue? what's help me to no avail I apologise if I ve missed it in my searching and I know this problem seems to crop up a lot But if you have any advice I d be most grateful I have two laptops one running Vista and one running XP We re trying to play a game we tried both Red Alert and Battle for Middle-earth II and we do have the most recent patches on both We realised there was an issue when XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? trying to play BFME II because we could see each other in the Lobby and when one typed a message it took about - seconds to show on the other s screen and one could create a game but when the other tried to join it it would say quot Failed Connection Timed Out quot So began our quest This is what we XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? have tried Checking our IP addresses are in the same range XP latest update and installation of LLTD Responder Vista latest update SP both have tried with Windows Firewalls turned off and on with exceptions including File amp Printer sharing and the specific games Turning off AVG Vista Network Discovery File Sharing both on with the network set to Private XP Network set to private Both have workgroup name quot WORKGROUP quot Logging into XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? our o Thomson TG v router and opening ports - as required for BFME II - although I ve done this according to step-by-step instructions when I use various online port scanning sites they all say that those ports are closed so if this is the issue I really need help in figuring out how to open the ports I ve logged in as SuperUser AND Administrator made a manual entry of the port range from - set to be open on both my Vista machine and the XP machine but this has made no difference I know it s still saved because when I log back in those ports are still there but for all the good it does Logged into the router and disabled the firewall I know a bit dodgy I re-enabled it as it didn t do any good anyhow Neither of us have an hidden firewalls that we might ve missed that are running as I only run AVG anti-virus Vista password protected sharing is turned off though I don t see how this is relevant anyhow as we re not trying to share files but to play a game On Vista I can see the XP machine in the Network and can access his public folders but on the Wireless Connection Network Map Vista is connected to the internet via the router and his XP is down at the bottom saying it could not be placed on the map We have also tried connecting directly to one another with an ethernet cable and this made no difference whatsoever other than that we had an quot unidentified quot LAN with limited connectivity but it didn t do any good from what I could see We are using dynamic IP addresses and I confess to not knowing much about IP addresses I wouldn t think we d need to set a static one to simply play a multi-player game which btw yes we do each have our own version installed We ve tried connecting each laptop directly to the router with cables directly to each other and obviously preferably just setting up a LAN through the wireless No matter what combination of these things we ve tried I haven t seen a difference One issue that I don t know if is normal or not is that when both machines are running the game we both automatically lose WiFi connection until we shut down the game completely Normal I don t know But it might help solve the issue If you have any suggestions please let me know I m pulling out my hair and every tech-friendly person I ve contacted that I know says quot well just make sure they both have the same workgroup name and that Network Discovery is turned on quot or quot turn off your firewalls quot as I suppose those are the most common mistakes but we ve tried that alre... Read more

A:XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue?

Bueller?

I guess I don't feel bad for not figuring it out - everyone I've talked to can only suggest the only standby "turn off your firewalls." Hmmmm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-and-vista-lan-issues-for-gaming-whats-the-source-of-the-issue.132695/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey guys new to the forum and trying to solve a Gaming Windows During - Crashing with 7 Storage issue really odd problem I've got a build that has been running smoothly for a while and over the last month or two I've started getting random crashes during gaming It will either be Windows 7 Crashing with Storage issue - During Gaming an audio-loop frozen screen or sometimes a brown screen that hangs for a minute then display driver crashed and it kicks back in after an alt-tab Here is the error I continuously get from Event Viewer I am trying to figure out how Intel Rapid Storage is affecting it I tried going to https downloadcenter intel com download Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver and updating my Rapid Windows 7 Crashing with Storage issue - During Gaming Storage and it told me my system wasn't compatible with it I am pretty versed in building my own rigs and seldom have problems I can't solve I am starting to think this one is maybe hardware failing Faulting application name Windows 7 Crashing with Storage issue - During Gaming IAStorDataMgrSvc exe version time stamp x b f Faulting module name ISDI dll version time stamp x b b Exception code xc Fault offset x d f Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x d d a a f Faulting application path C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Faulting module path C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology ISDI dll Report Id e a a- cc- e - -bc ff b c System info from DxDiag attached let me know what other info you need

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629824/windows-7-crashing-with-storage-issue-during-gaming/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey Everyone Thank you in advance for any suggestions for my problem I am kinda a rookie when it comes to tweaking antivirus and ad-ware software I m using Symantec Antivirus on my computer XP Pro w SP and it has actually be working very well I always update the definition file when a new one is present and run daily quick scans and weekly full scans Last night out of the blue the Auto-Protect flagged my gaming site as a Trojan I have been using this game site via Steam for about a year without any problems I know I don t have any viruses on my machine and I have not changed anything recently When Issue Symantec w/Gaming Solved: Antivirus I launch the Steam service the Symantec Auto-Protect screen appears and labels the Steam tmp Solved: Symantec Antivirus w/Gaming Issue files as Trojans It then of course prompts me to take action against these files I have tried permanently deleting and or ignoring these files and retrying the Steam engine but Symantec just finds the new tmp files in C documents and settings user local settings temp folder I have uninstalled reinstalled and updated the definition file Symantec and it did not help Solved: Symantec Antivirus w/Gaming Issue I have an option to exclude the temp folder but I thought that would be unwise given all the junk that is out there Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening and how I can get this resolved Thank you again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-symantec-antivirus-w-gaming-issue.593598/
Relevancy 67.08%

Setup Windows Xp Sp AMD Semp GHZ GB ram Geforce GS mb Ok I m having issues and I m not quite sure what exactly is going on First issue Drivers Everytime I install the new drivers off Nvidia s website and reboot I get stuck in bit mode I can t change my display settings or anything the only way to fix this is to rollback the drivers I ve tried uninstalling my current drivers the one that came with the card and installing the new ones in safe mode No luck I ve tried Omega drivers too That just makes my screen look issue gaming, Driver Bsod while Memory and Dump, like what would happen if you were to bump a Super Nintendo or Sega and get all those pretty colors on the screen Can t even do nothing Second Issue BSOD while playing World of Warcraft This Bsod while gaming, Memory Dump, and Driver issue has happened a few times while I was playing WoW I don t have a exact quote of the error but I do know it says something about a memory dump A minute or so passes and it restarts I m assuming it s driver related but I can t get any drivers to install They are the exact drivers that I m suppose to download Not quite sure how to fix this when I m having that driver issue Maybe the card is going bad I ve had it for about year It s an AGP one Any help would be great Edit I have the bit problem on SP as well nbsp

A:Bsod while gaming, Memory Dump, and Driver issue

Test your RAM using memtest86 (Google for it). Run it on each individual stick for as long as possible (preferably overnight). Any errors will show bad RAM.
As for your video drivers, get Driver Cleaner Pro (Google again) and use it to remove all traces of the old drivers. Then try installing the new ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-while-gaming-memory-dump-and-driver-issue.108907/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all,

I am posting this for a friend:

I have recently bought a new headset, because I saw it at a friends' and I liked it alot. When I plugged it in, everything worked fine. But in my first skype call, people could hear all the sounds I heard, except for themselves.

So I tried muting my microphone, but that made it even worse. It was like my stereo mix was the recording device. People could hear everything, just as if it was their sound. The weird thing is that they do not hear themselves.

Edit: My friend, who has the same headset, has no problems at all with it.

Help would be really appreciated,

Marty

A:Really weird sound issue with 'Fatal1ty' gaming headset

You mentioned hear themselves but normally you are not suppose to hear yourself but the other side talking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-weird-sound-issue-with-fatal1ty-gaming-headset.149648/
Relevancy 67.08%

So I left my computer on for a routine virus scan yesterday and when I logged into the issue & timeouts URL-access, latency Slow gaming Star Wars Online game today I noticed huge latency spikes dropping my latency from ish to frequently When I tracert google com my request always seems to timeout after the th hop Code C Dokumente und Einstellungen Imposter gt tracert google com Routenverfolgung zu google com ber maximal Abschnitte lt ms ms lt ms ms ms ms lo br ber de hansenet net ms ms ms ge- - - - pr ber de hansenet net ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Zeit berschreitung der Anforderung ms ms ms bk-in-f e net Slow URL-access, timeouts & gaming latency issue Ablaufverfolgung beendet Since my computer was online the whole time I didnt change any configuration since then Can anyone point me into the right direction Windows XP SP Provider O Germany Alice Modem Siemens provided by my Provider Router NETGEAR WGR v but connection is wired nbsp

A:Slow URL-access, timeouts & gaming latency issue

Issue with your ISP? Call them and see if they are having any issues, if not, make sure nothing on your computer is using the network heavily (something like Pando Media Booster, it has been known to slow internet connections)

Torrent programs do the same thing, or can.

But otherwise, reset your modem/router, let them sit for 30-45 seconds and start them back up. See if the issue is resolved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-url-access-timeouts-gaming-latency-issue.180634/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi My name is Ben and I'm having computer issues I know that freezing is an issue that could be caused by a million and a half different things and I really have no idea where to start looking My computer mainly seems to freeze while I am playing videogames which my computer of issue while Desktop freezing gaming, Computer unsure easily has the hardware to run but it could be I only see the freezing while gaming because that is mostly what I use the computer for When the computer freezes it acts somewhat like a broken record repeating of a second of sound and video over and over I've left the computer for upwards of an hour and it just continues to repeat I've posted my Desktop Computer freezing while gaming, unsure of issue computer info below and I'm mostly just hoping for a good starting off point for narrowing down whatever is wrong with my computer Model Dell Dimension CPU Pentium GHz Chipset Intel G Express RAM GB Assorted Desktop Computer freezing while gaming, unsure of issue Brands Hard Drives Desktop Computer freezing while gaming, unsure of issue - Maxtor Y M Western Digital JD Power Supply W BFG Tech Video Card Nvidia GeForce GT Sound Card Soundblaster Live Bit denotes something I added Thanks a TON for all of your help Ben Also If this is the wrong forum to post this in let me know but I really have zero Idea what is causing this problem so I was unable to put it in a more specific forum

A:Desktop Computer freezing while gaming, unsure of issue

The only temps we can check are for the video card as Dell motherboards don't have sensors, using GPUz what temp do you see> http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...-Z_v0.2.8.html

Have you cleaned the dust bunnies out of the fans and heat sinks lately using a can of compressed air available at office supply type stores and even Walmart.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-computer-freezing-while-gaming-unsure-of-issue-394367.html
Relevancy 67.08%

For the past week or two now I've been having very strange latency issues only in online multiplayer games The latency is gone when playing single player offline I've ran maleware scans I've uninstalled what I thought was the problem I've closed stopped processes nothing is fixing this I ran an internet test but the linked site doesn't offer any servers of the ISP I'm with so I ignored that reading The funny thing here is that in game it says my ping is fine my fps is fine so where is the strange online affecting Very issue latency only gaming? issue exactly There's only two people in my household me and my roommate and he is gone to work during the late nights Never before have we had this issue and we've even tested to see if one of us was the problem My internet is wireless and goes through a couple walls but it has never been a problem before I'm at a loss as to what to do

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75778-very-strange-latency-issue-only-affecting-online-gaming.html
Relevancy 67.08%

ForceWare 175.80 Full screen 3d gaming resets/ignores my gamma settings... Haven't had that problem in past with ATi x1900xtx card... Gamma settings will work if game is running in window mode, but it hurts the performance of the game, soo i'm looking for a solution... Thanks in advance, Games are: Counter-strike source and Team Fortress 2 OS: Vista x64

A:9600GT full screen/3d gaming gamma issue...

Ya, I use steam as well for my games, The Valve games are constantly being updated and that means you have to do the same for your drivers, try getting the newest one for your video card and see what happens. Remember to restart if you install the new one. And go to the manufacturer's website, not windows update. If you have the newest one, just download and install again. Always fixes it for me.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/160814-9600gt-full-screen-3d-gaming-gamma-issue.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I have a very odd problem Whenever I try to use voice communications It doesn't matter if it's ingame voice comms or a rd party such as TS or discord and play a game any game the sound quality becomes unbearable when someone ISN'T talking The audio stutters and chops to the point the comms voice at and Sound issue gaming using same when time. where the game becomes unplayable If someone talks the sound goes back to normal for about seconds after they quit talking This also happens occasionally when a video is playing in the background of the game Sound issue when using voice comms and gaming at the same time. However it's not a guarantee to occur in this case I should note the game audio is fine UNTIL they start Sound issue when using voice comms and gaming at the same time. talking Once they quit talking it's about seconds before the Sound issue when using voice comms and gaming at the same time. audio becomes choppy The FPS and visual quality of the game aren't effected at all This is purely audio This started happening once I upgraded to a wireless headset I use a Logitech G gaming headset I've had this problem before I got the free upgrade to windows My PC was win when purchased A friend of mine who is pretty savvy with computers tried to help me fix this He teamviewed me and could also hear the problem which leads me to believe it's not my headset but my PC If he was unable to hear the choppy audio that would mean it's localized to my headset He then suggested that it may be my audio drivers I currently have things listed under my sound video and game controllers under the devices manager AMD High Definition Audio Device Logitech G Gaming Headset and VIA HD Audio Win He suggested I use Realtek audio drivers This also proved a problem I have tried SEVERAL times to install Realtek but it doesn't get installed on my PC once it prompts me to restart my system to finalize the installation I have never experienced this before with any installation in the past I am at my wit's end and this problem is becoming more and more prevalent In the past I was able to use ingame voice comms without this problem but recently that has changed too I am getting incredibly frustrated by this Please halp I'm sorry I can't really add a TL DR This problem is so complex and hard to explain that it makes googling this stuff pretty hard

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629085/sound-issue-when-using-voice-comms-and-gaming-at-the-same-time/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all,

I've been playing Football Manager 2012 and seem to get a recurrent crash whereby the screen goes either white with pinstripes or black with tan pinstripes. The other day it went black with a few large pixels (through which I could see the gamescreen). Interstingly enough it then went back to the game ok.

I've downloaded catalyst control centre for my card (ATI HD5770) and check for updates, but I'm pulling my hair out.

Interestingly I seem to be getting the occasional BSOD now (which I have posted on the relevant forum).

Are there other drivers I should be updating and if so which ones?

appreciate any help.

A:Crash during gaming? Poss graphics card issue.

Sorry you are having problems.

By relevant forum, do you mean:

Crashes and Debugging - Windows 7 Forums

If so, I would just use that thread to resolve this issue. Most likely they are related, and it helps avoid cross-threads.

There, you can follow instructions for posting BSODs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/213083-crash-during-gaming-poss-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello everyone I'm really hoping someone here can give me a hand I've been tossed back and forth between twitch issue / streaming Twitch.tv upload low to (Due speed) gaming tv support my ISP and a few other forums that mainly discuss internet speeds Here is some basic information to get started Location Edmonton Alberta Twitch.tv streaming / gaming issue (Due to low upload speed) Canada PC Lenovo Y P Laptop OS Windows Modem Hitron CGNM- -SHW ISP Shaw Communications Twitch.tv streaming / gaming issue (Due to low upload speed) Broadband Package Additional Information My laptop is plugged directly into the back of my modem using a ethernet cord Problem Extremely low upload speed despite one service Ookla Speedtest telling me that i'm getting what I pay for I'm having issues live streaming games on twitch tv video buffers for my viewers having issues watching livestreams buffers occasionally - guess this might be a common issue and i'm also have some really bad ping in games like Path of Exile Here are some speed tests The first one is using Ookla this one is partnered with my ISP so they use this to determine if i'm getting the speeds i'm paying for unfortunately this service says that everything is okay I've included both a speed test for here in Edmonton Alberta And another test for the server that is closest to the twitch tv server out in Seattle WA Ookla seems to look okay I should be able to stream with these speeds no problem Now after speaking with twitch support staff they advise that I use other services to determine why when I try to live stream i'm buffering for my viewers This is the test done at testmy net This service tells me that i'm only getting Kbps Which is definitely much lower than either of the above tests And the last test is the most important one they mentioned that I try and run as this test determines which server I have the strongest connection to in order to live stream http i imgur com sNFzLs png This above image is stating that I have Quality Basically telling me that i'm unable to stream I had one of my friends who lives about minutes away from me who is also using Shaw - but on a lower plan Broadband run all of these tests His Ookla came back fine he scored a Mbps on testmy net and then linked me this image to his Twitch Bandwidth test https cdn discordapp com attachments PNG Now that i've explained everything here are the steps i've already taken to try and rectify my issue Restarted Computer Restarted Modem Tested on Wireless Tested using different ethernet cord Contacted ISP Ran Malware Bytes and Virus Scan Tested Wifes Acer laptop Booted up in safemode Contacted ISP and got a replacement modem - from a Cisco to a Hitron Reformatted my computer Downloaded the most up to date LAN drivers Posted on this forum After all of these steps i'm still left with no improvement My ISP can't do anything as they base is solely off of Ookla If anyone has any other suggestions - i'm all ears Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627123/twitchtv-streaming-gaming-issue-due-to-low-upload-speed/
Relevancy 67.08%

Alright hey guys , i recently got a new graphics card for my pc loaded it up drivers work fine and everything , i played battle field 3 for couple times , and modern warfare 3 , worked perfectly. and know when i play them , i don't know if you could techinally call it a blue screen of death or not but , i hear that noise when it locks up and repeats itself and then my monitor turns itself off , and then the computer restarts... My Rig is an I7 Quad-core 860 @ 2.8ghz , graphics card is an GeForce GTX 550 Ti , 4g ram here are the minidumps i required from this error ( I'm placing them inside another folder in a compressed zip because for some reason won't let me copy and paste ) Attachment 190086 , thanks if you guys figure out anything , Brandon

A:Debugging Minidump BSOD ( Most likey an issue to do with gaming )

Hello DailyGamer.

Your BSOD's were probably caused by your Video Driver.
Please read carefully below.

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204717-debugging-minidump-bsod-most-likey-issue-do-gaming.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello it seems almost at random on some occasions that I play Rocket League and the game has small stutters every five seconds or so According to Afterburner it looks like my CPU and GPU are maxing out when they should not be My computer can definitely handle Rocket League and it has done many times in the past without issue I have a quad-core i - K CPU GHz and GTX This also happens with other Virus Gaming, Video/Audio or During Issue? Hardware Stuttering games but is most noticeable with Rocket League It also happens with YouTube videos I've opened my computer hit it with compressed air and this issue still persists It persists through Video/Audio Stuttering During Gaming, Virus or Hardware Issue? system shutdowns so I don't think it's overheating It's persisted through an upgrade to Windows as well I've did a clean install of video drivers as well Sometimes I start up the computer and it works and sometimes I get the stutter Is some sort of virus mining software responsible I've ran Malwarebytes but it's showing blank How can I tell if this is a hardware or software issue Any ideas of next Video/Audio Stuttering During Gaming, Virus or Hardware Issue? steps on how to determine what's responsible would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Video/Audio Stuttering During Gaming, Virus or Hardware Issue?

Hello troubledwaters, sorry to hear about your problems. If you have time download and run farbar recovery scan tool (FRST) from Bleeping Computers downloads page. After it completes if you can copy and past both the frst results file and the addition file I will give it a look to see if anything suspicious is there. Right now it is hard to say if it is hardware, software, or malware related.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605367/videoaudio-stuttering-during-gaming-virus-or-hardware-issue/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys I harddrive gaming, issue? Computer Restarting/crashes issues.. during ve been trying to help my friend get her computer issues worked out for a while now She s quite a few states away from me so I can t be there physically to look at the hardware and test stuff to get a verdict The problems have been this During gaming MMORPGS specifically Neverwinter Nights City of Heroes World of Warcraft there has been something that has caused either the application itself to close generate a crash Computer issues.. Restarting/crashes during gaming, harddrive issue? error or the computer gets a BSOD error message and automatically restarts First I tried getting her drivers updated DirectX video card etc in hopes that it wasn t a hardware issue Turns out none of that helped For a little bit I had the same problem and it ended up being overheating Caused my computer to restart but errors weren t generated Nothing in BIOS suggested overclocking so I m assuming that isn t the issue Next thing I thought could be the problem was bad RAM Computer issues.. Restarting/crashes during gaming, harddrive issue? RAM was interchanged two different MB sticks both high quality pieces no difference shown So now it s down to what The motherboard or the harddrive I wouldn t expect the CPU or video card to be the problem with these sorts of errors Power supply is also more than adequate for the PC so that s not it either Through a little exploring I found out about quot Eventvwr msc quot and had her run that and take a look at the errors The system errors were all quot The device Device Harddisk D has a bad block quot Computer issues.. Restarting/crashes during gaming, harddrive issue? So does that point at the harddrive being the problem I ve been thinking of every possible way to fix it and so far I ve been absolutely no help Can t stand to see the problems continue so I m hoping someone on here could give me some help Thanks in advance - kasel nbsp

A:Computer issues.. Restarting/crashes during gaming, harddrive issue?

You could try a chkdsk /f to be run at the next boot. Find this option in Disk Management.
There is also a program called HDD Regenerator, which does just that, regenerate the HD without destroying anything on it. www.dposoft.net
Works like a charm.
Do not underestimate the importance of a GOOD powersupply. Some 500w PSUs crap out at relatively small loads, other 350w PSUs happily drive a AMD64, latest ATIcard and 10 drives etc. without batting an eyelid.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-issues-restarting-crashes-during-gaming-harddrive-issue.21067/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I have a Qosmio X - U PQX E bought in the summer of Since month after the warranty ended it started Qosmio message system issue cooling gaming X500-11U restarts & when making restarts for no reason but i did not give to much attention to it as it happened rarely However after year things got worse and I ended up on having a gaming laptop that I used only as an internet browser PC From time to time I blew the fans to clean them Finally I decided to fix it I gave it to a technician he cleaned it replaced the thermal paste from CPU-GPU and replaced one of the fans that was not working properly Still nothing changed I have tested it again by running windows experience rating and Qosmio X500-11U restarts when gaming & cooling system issue message it crashed as before I took the big decision to revert to factory settings and I made a clear installation of all system components including all toshiba's stuff Again restart during windows rating same thing happens when I run any high graphic games I Flashed the bios to v Again restart during windows rating same thing happens when I run any high graphic games In addition to the above since I made the clean installation of the system I have started to get the message quot Warning A problem with the cooling sensor has occurred return it for service quot I can hear the fan working however when I run the diagnostic tool of Toshiba CPU usage is at and fan at even in high power usage yes I have changed the power settings as well Any help would be highly appreciated as I really feel VERY bad having paid EUROs for a gaming computer that I can't operate for its intended use Thanks in advance

A:Qosmio X500-11U restarts when gaming & cooling system issue message

OK

fan usage is at 0% because my fans are now connected to USB ports in order to have them run faster as the technician replied to me. I have removed Toshiba Value added package and got rid of the message "Warning: A problem with the cooling sensor has occurred....return it for service". Laptop is working fine when browsing internet and watching movies.

However when I try to run any 3D graphic applications (and some flash based facebook games) it crashes (automatic shut down)

We have run 2 GPU benchmarks and both of them crashed when the card became loaded (same thing that happens during window rating)

We have reinstalled as well Physxloader.dll which was corrupt.

Any idea would help

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82663-Qosmio-X500-11U-restarts-when-gaming-amp-cooling-system-issue-message
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello everyone This will be my first post on the Win forums so please excuse me for sounding like a bit of a newbie Starting about weeks ago I began receiving BSOD's with the stop code x E After having my computer checked by the Geek Squad in Best Buy they couldn't really tell me what the issue was but were pretty certain it was a driver issue They also did a full system diagnostic and my hardware was determined not to be the issue This lead to them uninstalling and reinstalling the video card Nvidia Geforce GTX and they had me on my way But to no avail for last night when I was gaming Borderlands co-op I received a BSOD with the pre-mentioned code I copied down the code and restarted my computer Like every time before this was BSOD's in total I noticed that my Wireless USB Adapter Linksys AE Dual-Band was not recognized upon start-up and was quite hot to the touch I disconnected and reconnected the device which worked To make a long story short I have basically pinned the issue down to my wireless adapter But what does everyone think Would USB Issue? Gaming, Adapter 0x0000001E Code Wireless While BSOD Stop this diagnosis make sense I uninstalled and re-installed the adapter driver but does is this enough Thank you in advance for any help it would be greatly appreciated System Specs pre-built Cyberpower PC AMD FX- Core Processor Nvidia Geforce GTX GB RAM TB HD Gigabyte M MT-S Motherboard

A:BSOD Stop Code 0x0000001E While Gaming, Wireless USB Adapter Issue?

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html so we can assis t you better.

-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243944-bsod-stop-code-0x0000001e-while-gaming-wireless-usb-adapter-issue.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello Forum,

I have build a Gaming PC and i was trying to use the MSI Gaming app. It worked but nowadays when i change the mode it gives me an instant BSOD. i have uploaded the BSOD .zip file as instructed.

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,
Jan L

A:BSOD when starting MSI Gaming App and change to gaming mode or OC mode

I already have runned the memtest. i had 10 passes and 0 errors

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335313-bsod-when-starting-msi-gaming-app-change-gaming-mode-oc-mode.html
Relevancy 64.07%

hey i was wondering if you could help me with a small problem ive been having. i use a 8600gt on vista ultimate and have been using it for 1 year, but ive experienced a much slower gaming experience on games like cod 5 and gta 4 with vista ultimate and windows aero, yet when i reverted to using xp my problems were solved, but since windows vista basic doesnt use aero, would the gaming experience be any different on vista basic than it is on windows xp? thanks a bunch , raiyan =)

A:Vista gaming vs Xp gaming

Well i read that only the vista can use the all power of the new directx, so it should be better for games, anyway Windows Vista is heavier than the XP, even if you disable the Aero. How many RAM do u have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-gaming-vs-xp-gaming.792726/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi and thxs for entering to this topic. plz help me looking for the best or very good gaming parts for my pc try to make my pc operative for 100% games at max setts.
My pc now is way outdated, i only have $1600.

PC specs now:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Dual Cpu 1.60ghz perfomance rate at 2.4ghz
Mainbord: Intel D945gcnl
Memory:1016mb (1gb)
Video Card: Intel 82945g (128mb) is almost not having a video card
Hard Drive: 160gb

A:Help me upgrading my not for gaming pc to a gaming pc!

if what you are saying is that you want to upgrade your old machine....i would not attempt to do do that. with $1600 you can build a gaming behemoth that will play anything on max settings. this is about $1100 which leaves you plenty for a 24" monitor and CD/DVD drive if you need them. you could also add a SSD if you want to improve load times as well. The GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P also has 2 PCIE slots for a future Crossfire/SLI upgrade. Also, if your not in a huge hurry, you might want to wait until March to see how the GF100's perform.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128409
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161301
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242001
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-upgrading-my-not-for-gaming-pc-to-a-gaming-pc.141913/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a question for the gurus here.

I notice with video playback that it gets a little choppy, like a line that forms across the middle of the screen and breaks up the video. It seems to only happen in 'higher intensity' video playback, but I don't know that for sure. I'm fairly certain that I have the most updated drivers from ATI, but will check for sure when I get home. What else could this be? Do I just need more power? The gfx card is a few years old now. Originally I thought it was my monitor, but I have since replaced it and the problem persists.

A:GFX Issue with glitch when video playback during video gaming

Have you gave your case a good cleaning lately, sounds more like a temp effect than power.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/286193-gfx-issue-glitch-when-video-playback-during-video-gaming.html
Relevancy 53.75%

i recently swapped mobo and processor.(stupid move IK) after two days i got most of it working. but now the lan port isnt working and when going into device manager im greeted by a bunch of yellow circles with "!" in them idk how to get the driver working. im tired of this.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/76049-z170a-sli-mobo-lan-problem.html
Relevancy 53.75%

i recently swapped mobo and processor.(stupid move IK) after two days i got most of it working. but now the lan port isnt working and when going into device manager im greeted by a bunch of yellow circles with "!" in them idk how to get the driver working. im tired of this shit.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/76049-z170a-sli-mobo-lan-problem.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Although I have built a few computers I'm not really too savvy on it I Motherboard Z170A Questions MSI M7 have a few questions on a quot MSI Gaming Z A GAMING M quot How do you install the dang thing Before you laugh too hard please see the attached JPEGs Two of the mounting holes are occupied by having some sort of shield bolted on I have no idea the shield is functional required or if it's just decorative So do I round up two longer screws and install the motherboard normally but with the shield Or do I just remove the shield altogether The manual was of no help I'm so lame about OCing that I can't even spell quot OC quot LOL My other builds were with Asus motherboards and OCing was a simple and automatic choice in the BIOS The MSI manual had Pages on OCing MSI Z170A M7 Motherboard Questions that made absolutely no sense to me at all So does it have a simple BIOS setting to OC 'automatically ' The board is still on the bench so I haven't been into the BIOS yet and I couldn't figure it out in the manual SATA ports I had one build that was very confusing to me on ports It had ports that were not compatible with all drives like optical units At least this board seem more clear but I'd like to confirm before I build It has two groups of port of different colors One group is ports amp On the other board I think it was these two that were for optical drives only but I don't remember for sure The other differently colored group is ports - and has two SATAe ports So do I assume the main SSD OS 'C' drive goes to port Or does it go to port I will also be installing two hard drives and two optical drives After installing the OS drive does it matter where the others go Any and all help and tips with the motherboard will be appreciated Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/389811-msi-z170a-m7-motherboard-questions.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all I'm new to the tenforums nice to meet you all (MSI help! install won't M7) Win10 Z170a Samsung detect pro Please 950 and need some guidance on getting Windows working on a pro using an MSI Please help! Win10 install won't detect Samsung 950 pro (MSI Z170a M7) Z a gaming M motherboard I want to remap the disk controller from SATA to PCI-E which the motherboard supports via RST RAID configuration in UEFI bios Two major blocking issues I can't get past See this thread on the MSI forums for more details https forum-en msi com index php topic - If I try and install Win with pci-e remapped Win install won't detect the SSD The screen where you choose a drive to install to is blank and the ONLY way I've been able to find the drive is by using the MSI install disk which includes a version of RST drivers However if I complete install using this method I can't install the Samsung pro NVMe drivers and Magician doesn't see the drive as a 'compatible' device - If I ditch pci-e remapping and just install as a regular SATA device I can install the NVMe driver and Magician works BUT the drive is setup as a SATA device and I specifically purchased this hardware to run at pci-e x It looks like very few people if any have this same issue which boggles me since I've now tried different motherboards M s and M and separate brand new pros without any success Samsung tech support and MSI tech support both seem to have no idea how to troubleshoot this I can't believe I'm the only one facing this issue but hours of searching and troubleshooting I have hit a brick wall I'm at my wits end Please help System specs MSI z a Gaming M on v bios I have tried all avail beta and supported versions k cpu gb Corsair Vengeance k cas XFX Radeon R Samsung Pro m Enermax w PSU

A:Please help! Win10 install won't detect Samsung 950 pro (MSI Z170a M7)

I have the same situation. I have to same system and the same problem.
I will be monitoring this thread to see if anybody has an answer for us.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32866-please-help-win10-install-wont-detect-samsung-950-pro-msi-z170a-m7.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm new to posting here, so if this is the wrong section, I do apologise. I am thinking about getting a basic gaming computer for games and demanding tasks such as HD video editing. I am looking into purchasing this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/4170-QUAD-C...NLQC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1348519729&sr=8-8 Would it be a good choice?

A:New ~£400 gaming PC

That's not very good value for 380, it doesn't even come with Windows. You'll get a much better system if you're willing to build it yourself, what's your budget?

The FX-4170 is not going to be good enough for video editing/encoding, it's not even a real quad core processor. For gaming you should be looking at a 6850/6870 or GTX 650 to play at medium/high settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-%C2%A3400-gaming-pc.185643/
Relevancy 51.6%

Greetings!

I'm going through dad's old computer parts and want to rebuild a 90's gaming machine. There's a lot of crap in store, so I tried to do as much research as I could on the parts, but I'm still not entirely sure. So I'm going to list the specs, and I need some opinions! If you're familiar with late 90s gaming, hopefully you can judge whether or not this would have been considered high end at the time. Alright...

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 450 (450 MHz)
Memory: 128 MB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Video card: ATI Rage 128 Magnum (32 MB VRAM)
Monitor: 1024x768 LCD
Sound card: Sound Blaster Live! Value 5.1
Motherboard: Some generic Intel board.
Case: Some old beige case.

There it is! I'm looking to play old games like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, etc. Should I expect to get decent framerates on the highest settings with these specs?

A:90's Gaming PC

You will be able to run those games fine. You are above the minimum requirements. I can not exactly tell you what framerates to expect, but they will be at a very playable rate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/90s-gaming-pc.1059304/
Relevancy 51.6%

I Like? Rig Look My Gaming How's was curious how you guys think my gaming rig will perform I want to say that I was going to get the Ivy Bridge Core i K but upon seeing it s been delayed until June I think I m gonna go ahead and get the Sandy Bridge K Do you guys think I should wait or not The only thing I am waiting on is the GeForce GTX to come out Here s my rig http secure newegg com WishList PublicWishDetail aspx WishListNumber If that doesn t come up for you guys then I ll break it down by component Case COOLER MASTER HAF http www newegg com Product Product How's My Gaming Rig Look Like? aspx Item N E Motherboard MSI P A-G http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Video Card GeForce GTX or Ti PSU How's My Gaming Rig Look Like? CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU Intel Core i - How's My Gaming Rig Look Like? K Sandy Bridge http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E So this is my proposed gaming rig From what I ve read personally it looks like IB will be about to faster than SB on some applications The only thing I must wait on is Kepler so I d like to get the but I may have to get a Ti Here s the way I like to do things now I usually do a full upgrade every to years I might not always upgrade my PSU and I rarely upgrade my case my current case is years old an old Antec case I upgrade my video card every years When I do things like this I m usually able to play all the current games out at their highest setting or nearly the highest settings with all games So I m looking to be able to play any current and upcoming games with this proposed rig for years before I upgrade the video card and to years after that I ll do a full upgrade minus the case next time and possibly the PSU So what do you guys think IB isn t going to be that much faster than SB right nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 5.6Ghz (Overclocked)
Water Cooling: XSPC water cooling kit, 360mm Xspc rad, Pump, Reservior, Red high end coolant that doesnt need cleaning for a year.
Rams: 8GB Gskill Ripjaw X 4 x 2GB @ 2133Mhz @ 1.6v
Hard Drive: 2x 750GB WD Caviar Black edition, Dual Proccessor HDD
Graphics Card: 2x Nvdia GeForce GTX 570, SLI (Both cards Overclocked @ 800/1000/1600, 100% stable for 24/7, 78c Max temp)
MotherBoard: Asrock Fatality P67 Gaming Gear, Professional series (6x Sata 3.0, Premium Gold Caps, 5x Usb 3.0, 2x Lan ports.)
Casing: NZXT Phantom, Red, Full tower, with NZXT red sleeve kit
Power Supply: Hec Cougar GX 1050w, Modular cables, 80+ Gold! (Maximum power output of 1200w)

is this rig good? im planning on buying this from e-bay..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-rig.1043877/
Relevancy 51.6%

Currently I built me a semi-powerful gaming computer I bought all the PC Gaming parts did my research and it loaded up perfect Played a few games and watch a few movies on netflix and everything was going good Until I turned it off and the following morning I got up turned on my computer and was surfing the web and BAM it turned off immediately I thought It was windows update so i thought nothing of it and turned it back on and soon as it turned it on a few seconds Gaming PC later it turned off by it self And If I left it alone it will restart and doing it all over again So I had to turn it of manually with the power switch in the back and I waited about minutes and it will boot up normally and MAYBE it will turn off by it self and start restarting itself over and over again Until I flip the switch i don t think its a over heating problem I think it has something to do with my bios I came across this Code http www xtremesystems org forums showthread php -ASUS-P P -series-Double-POST-at-Cold-Boot-Fix And that sounds just like my problem But of course I am not a professional by any means What do you think the problem is and if you please post any fixes nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I am building my own gaming PC with a graphics card that support DirectX 10, but I am not sure I want to go to Vista Home Premium, because I have heard that the graphics power is limited because Vista uses much more system resources for graphics than XP. My question is, what OS should I get, XP Pro or Vista Home Premium?

A:Best Gaming OS

Don't go to Vista just yet if you want gaming.

Wait for a service pack for Vista then get it.

I will stick with XP until a service pack is released.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-gaming-os.624322/
Relevancy 51.6%

Im willing to pay up to 400 dollars for a good cpu and I need to know what the best type of cpu might be. I plan to use this primarily for gaming but also for burning cd's and using high speed internet. I've heard that the amd 64fx chip outperforms the dual core by a small fraction in the area of gaming due to the fact that many games only see one core. I also hear that the difference is only marginal and is rarely noticed. What I need to know is if this proccessor is compatible with all older games? Are there any games that fail to work all together with this proccessor? I don't want compatibility issues, but im willing to accept a 5% drop in performance if I get all the great benifets of excellent multitasking ability!

A:What is the best C.P.U. for gaming and.......

You won't get an FX chip for $400, more like $800.

Here is exactly what you want for your price
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103547&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=19-103-547

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-best-c-p-u-for-gaming-and.439093/
Relevancy 51.6%

Why do newer games require windows XP or 98 to run their games?

A:XP for gaming

Alot of the older games have not upgraded their software and are not compatible with XP. I have a drawer full of programs that are outdated,
same story with the hardware, outdated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-for-gaming.323797/
Relevancy 51.6%

First off let me apologize if this has already been brought up and discussed i was referred to this site by a friend and i ve not done much backhistory in the topics If this has been discussed please just post the topic link and i ll continue there I ve been doing some serious thinking about getting a quot LCD Monitor However while at a friends house who owns a quot LCD and Gaming CRT's vs 3d LCD in watching him play LCD vs CRT's in 3d Gaming Warcraft III i thought holy god this looks awful compared to my CRT He said it was the lack of a decent graphics card which made it look so un-detailed and choppy This i can understand is part of the cause however reading some reviews of modern LCD s the complaint that worries me the most is the Inability to take advantage of Good Graphics cards blackeye So i reckon my question is Do modern Flat Pannels Suck for D Gaming compared with modern CRT s Any response is welcome -Brad nbsp

A:LCD vs CRT's in 3d Gaming

the refresh rates for the lcd are low compared to its counterpart and that show in games and moving frames
A crt monitor is way better when playing fast games like rtwc,mohaa or something like that
but LCDs have their advantage in still motion(f*** grammer) like rpgs(at least like baldur's gate etc..) and strategy or at work with office and 3d max etc..
it also has the advantage of being ~50-70% smaller (or thinner?)
than the crts counterpart
conclusion:
Use a crt monitor if u play a lot of games with a lot of moving frames esp. if u have ti 4600 that u will get 150+ fps
Use an LCD if ur table is small and u play 2d games or if u work on things like 3d max or photoshop and if u have just raided the bank near by

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-vs-crts-in-3d-gaming.2321/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys, I recently bought a pre-built gaming desktop. I usually get 40-45*C when idle, and around 60-70*C when playing games like Skyrim or Crysis 2. Is it normal?

CPU: AMD FX-4100 Quadcore

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 Midi Tower black, 1X 120mm fan, Blue LEDs
Motherboard: M5A78L- M LX V2

GPU: Sapphire radeon 6870
RAM: 4GB 1333 Mhz
Power supply: Silver Power SP-SS500 500W

Any idea how I can keep the temperature down?

This is what I got after play Crysis 2 for around 45 minutes:

A:Too hot for gaming?

I wouldn't say those temps are horrible and will kill your system. However, staying cool will usually prolong the life of your parts and prevent all sorts of weird issues.
Take a look here: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...art-I-cleanliness-is-next-to-coolness.180136/
You may find some ways to lower temps. There's also a part 2 of that guide and you can find it in the "guides" section of the forum.
Hope this helps!

Oh and btw are you experience any overheating symptoms? ie. crashes, restarts, bsod's, FPS drop, etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/too-hot-for-gaming.183671/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello!

I will be buying a new PC and will be playing WoW or EQ2. Maybe even Vanguard. When it comes to hardware, I'm not very knowlageable. I have two choices and would like your opinion on which one to get.

HP:
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E6700 (2.66GHz)
Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE, TV-Out, DVI, VGA
Ram: 4GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (4x1024)

Dell:
2. AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5600+
Video Card: 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro
Ram: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 4DIMMs

Please note that I only play MMO's and not games like Doom. Also, I can only afford to pay about $1900.00 USD for my new PC. That is why I only listed the two PC's above.

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

I have been playing games in 3D using nVidia Discover and 3d anaglyph glasses (red/cyan). Everything would be great but there is one thing - colours kinda suck with these galsses as some of the colours are missing. Recently I saw some videos where games are played in 3d too, but instead of using glasses, this 3d uses cross-eye method. So, I'm wondering, is there any programs that can make games 3d by using cross-eye method?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3d-gaming.154403/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi New PC for gaming? All I m new here and would appreciate your replies New PC for gaming? to this post I have recently purchased a newly built New PC for gaming? pc from a friend for K but I m a complete noob when it comes to hardware Can anyone tell me if the below spec is any good and more to the point will I be able to play high end PC games without my machine blowing up I have run hardware scanners aswell as noted the hardware from a spec sheet provided to me I was also told this machine was built with crossfire to make gaming much faster will it have more affect on playing games Thanks in Advance from a computer Noob Windows Ultimate Bit Gigabyte X a UD motherboard Corsair HX w PSU Intel Core i GHz GB DDR RAM G skill Ripjaw MHz TB hard drives x Raid ATI HD Video card x Crossfire DL Optical Drive x Noctua NH-D HSF CoolerMaster Cosmos S nbsp

A:New PC for gaming?

That's a very good system indeed. And a good deal.

Your PC will easily handle all games at maximum settings without breaking a sweat!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-for-gaming.141992/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, i love playing games on my PC at home but I dont really know much about them (e.g. graphic card model)

Anyway recently Ive been trying to play me game and after about 10 seconds of playing the screen starts to flash up with black parts and the screen becomes all distorted making my games unplayable, this also does the same with videos.

Could anyone give me a hand? Tell me what is wrong?

All I know about my PC is that its operation system is windows XP and its Packard bell, I dont know how to find out anymore

Your help would be much appreciated

Relevancy 51.6%

Ok so I have a list the best of the ones that I know which fit to my liking with the smoothing and skiting I want it to be smooth as SteelSeries SX cause it was the best but after - years of sets they are not making it anymore and what I have has lost the smoothing on some areas which is annoying the middle areas So I am looking for the best one to buy and it must support Laser mice cause I saw that some aren t or ppl say they doesn t work as good with optical SteelSeries SP The gaming best pad? Gaming MousePad SteelSeries S amp S Pegasus Rigid Gaming Mouse Pad SteelSeries HD Mionix Sargas Material Durable smooth and flexible microfiber http mionix net products sargas- Mionix Propus Material PVC-plastic base http mionix net products propus- Mionix Ensis Material Aluminium alloy http mionix net products The best gaming pad? ensis- and is this glidez are better than the SteelSeries ones The best gaming pad? MIONIX GAMING MOUSE GLIDEZ MOUSE FEET - ACC-GLIDEZ I am The best gaming pad? preferring the Mionix Ensis cause its aluminum just like the SteelSeries SX so it s like even better and cheaper http mionix net products ensis- The thing is what is better for Laser Mices Cloth - Plastic - aluminum nbsp

A:The best gaming pad?

Plastics are the best for lasers, I have a g700 also and use a standard anti-static mat from office depot for my mouse, I like the slight pull it take to get the mouse moving. You really have to try them until you like one, everyone likes a different feel.There are even differences into the smooth gliding ones. Mionix Propus 380 looks good to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-best-gaming-pad.185795/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Windows XP 32, and have 4 GB of RAM but 32 bit only recognizes about 3 GB of this RAM, now if I were to play a game say like GTA IV, would GTA IV be able to use that extra 1 GB of RAM that XP 32 bit doesn't see?
Thanks
Ken

A:Gaming and 4 GB of RAM

Nope, you'd have to get a 64 bit version of Windows to get Windows or any Windows based software to address more then the roughly 3GB of RAM you can with the 32 bit version. But I wouldn't go out and buy a 64 bit version of Windows just to get the missing 750MB of RAM back, it won't make a difference with almost any game out today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-and-4-gb-of-ram.783129/
Relevancy 51.6%

Asus Crosshair III Formula AMD 790FX (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 4.20GHz
Coolermaster V8 CPU Heatsink
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel
HIS ATI Radeon HD 6970 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-E

my new gaming rig, wondering if i will find any problems on max detail setting of any current game?

Relevancy 51.6%
Q: gaming

im playing the sims2 double deluxe well... not really playing it. It stops at 4% of its downloading and pops up an error msg the msg reads :

A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'E:/base/TSData/Res/Locale/Thai/UI/Fonts?FontStlye.ini' from the media. do you want to try to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

and i click retry but the same msg pops up again

please help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gaming-490821.html
Relevancy 51.6%
Q: Gaming

alright I have Chronicles of Riddick and I am trying to install it but it gets like 97% done and then a window pops up saying "Game has crashed. Do you want to create a crash log?" and I dont know what to do... I just need to know what the problem is and what I can do to fix it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming.902236/
Relevancy 51.6%

sup everyone.

Im about to build a new gaming rig.

So far it looks like this.

CPU : Core i5 I5-750 8 MB (Intel Boxed)
Cpu Cooler : (need some advise here)
M/B : need help here aswell)
Ram : Corsair Dominator 4 x 2 GB DDR3
Video : Sapphire RADEON HD 5850 (1 GB). (should i take 2 or just stick with 1 card, or should i pick something different?)
PSU : thinking 600 - 700W dunno what to pick here.

anyone able to lend a hand with this ?

thanks

A:New gaming PC

The first thing anyone is definitely going to ask you is what is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc.136687/
Relevancy 51.6%

this: iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 505 Desktop PC - AMD AthlonIIx2 240 Processor, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, 22x DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 / Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade

or...

this:Visionman WGMI-1NG701 Gaming PC - Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180, 2GB DDR2, 250GB, DVDRW Lightscribe, NVIDIA 9500GT, NO OS, 585 Watts

i found these both at TigerDirect if you wanna look there to see the specs. i cant post the links yet

i only have about a $500 limit

A:Which one of these is best for gaming?

Hi smelly,
what type of games and at what resolution are you wanting to or expecting to game at?
BTW welcome to Techspot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-one-of-these-is-best-for-gaming.136660/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey Geeks,

Listen i have a pretty decent gaming rig, however im having some serious problems with my System running Age of Conan

3.2ghz P4
4gb Corsair ram
9600 gt evga(nvidia) 1gb

and im getting like 12-20 fps!!!!!

could the hyperthreading actually be slowing me down....all my other games run superb, but Age of conan supports multiprocessing

can i shift to single cpu mode and cancel the HT?

All my dx9, vid drivers and windows is fully up to date
i have even trashed and reinstalled them

running out of ideas, and i cant afford a c2d at the moment

Help me out if you can
thx,
Meditrome

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-gaming-pc-290611.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Im putting together a new gaming pc in which i plan to play most of the latest games (mainly fps). I have an approximate budget of $2000 (New Zealand dollars =P)

Heres what ive come up with:
Motherboard: Asustek P5B Deluxe Intel P965 WiFi-AP ATX *
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz
Memory: G SKILL 1 GB DDR2-800 (PC-5400)
Video Card: Sapphire X1950Pro PCIE Video Card
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S182D 18X
Case: Raidmax Sagitta Gaming Tower Case 520W
Monitor: AOC 196S 19" LCD 8ms 1280x1024 Silver

I was hoping someone could tell me if this would all work together and if not, recommend similar parts that would (within the same money bracket)

Any help would be much appreciated

A:New gaming pc

Nice system! making me wish I could afford it...

I'd recommend a better power supply, something like this. It's a very stable PSU, from what I've seen. Also, you might want to go widescreen w/your monitor; that's kind of up to you.

hope it works well for you (once youve got it built )

--kitty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc.63813/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi friends I m going to build a gaming rig amp I m short-listing here all the components I m going to buy plz suggest if I ve overlooked anything AMD FX plz don t suggest Intel as I just can t stand that brand ASRock Extreme MoBo Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM x GB SSD - Samsung Series GB HDD - Seagate Barracuda TB amp TB amp my old WD GB Cooler Master TPC CPU Cooler Lite On BD Writer NZXT Phantom Series full tower cabinet last but not the least thinking of PSU - Cooler Master GX W is it compatible with will it be enough for a little gaming note that I m not planning to overclock at all but want to make it future-proof as best as A gaming new rig I can somewhere I read that this particular PSU is compatible only with Intel is that true if so plz suggest a similar or better PSU for my rig am I missing something what else do I need to complete my rig yesterday I posted this same question but apparently it vanished from the forum I tried hard to find it but couldn t so I m posting again amp if my previous post is A new gaming rig still alive then very very sorry for my double-post plz help me friends waiting for ur valuable reply I m just a noob here amp also in building rigs so if I m doing anything wrong plz bare with me God bless u all oh forgot to mention I m using Win Ultimate -bit amp my graphics card is Nvidia GeForce not going to change it for some time nbsp

A:A new gaming rig

1 request. plz suggest me good & trusted online shopping sites & if remotely possible then from India. bcoz not many sellers sell world-wide & I'm an ebay member, but I do not trust them with costly items. several times they failed me. (read cheated me intentionally & I couldn't do a thing about it !!!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-gaming-rig.191125/
Relevancy 51.6%

id like to know the best comp i can get for gaming, price range $2000-3000

hmm

Relevancy 51.6%

I've had this Dell computer for 8 years now. So I've decided to go all out on a new gaming rig. Let's get to the point, here is what I'm thinking for the basic components:

Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 Tower
EVGA 780i Motherboard
QX9650 Intel Quad-Core
2x Seagate 7200.11 in raid 0
2x2GB Corsair DDR2-1066
Coolermaster Real Power Pro 850W PSU
Xi-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card

Now I'm torn on what do do about the Video setup. Should I mess with SLI? Or just get the best single Nvidia card I can get?

I have about $3k budget, computer will run at stock speeds for a bit until I learn how to overclock it.

Also, should I go air or water cooling?

A:Help with New Gaming Rig Please

on the video, go for a good one, SLI is just a way for the video card companies to get more money out of u.if u have that much u want to spend this would be a great card,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143128

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-gaming-rig-please.104729/