Windows Support Forum

Dell Precision Workstation 3620 Medium Tower PSU upgrade

Q: Dell Precision Workstation 3620 Medium Tower PSU upgrade

My 3620's current PSU is 290W. I have a hard time finding any other power supply to upgrade. Can somebody provide a list of PSUs compatible with 3620?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Precision Workstation 3620 Medium Tower PSU upgrade

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell Precision Workstation 3620 Medium Tower PSU upgrade

There is a 365W power supply for this model - note though that these are not standard power supplies, so aftermarket units won't work.
www.ebay.com/.../291815628059

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19987196
Relevancy 98.58%

We have a Dell Precision Tower 3620 and have purchased a firepro W7000 to install. only problem is the 6 Pin connector provided by dell has a different pin arrangement. the middle top pin as you look at the plug is square instead of the usual rounded corner pin so will not go into the socket.
Anyone know why this would be?
Thanks
Aaron

A:Dell Precision Tower 3620 GPU 6 PIN

The only video cards validated in the Precision T3620 did not need the power supply lead. So this may be why the 290w PSU is lacking the correct cable? Perhaps another Precision T3620 can open their case and also check the PSU cabling.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19682569
Relevancy 97.65%

I have a Dell Precision Tower 3620 that was purchased May 2016. I'm looking to use the Thunderbolt capability but can't find the addin card that I'm supposed to use. This unit was advertised as having Thunderbolt capability but I can't seam to find how to take advantage of it.
Thanks
Jason

A:Dell Precision Tower 3620 Thunderbolt

It looks like its an add-on card that you purchased with your build.  If you didn't select it at time of purchase, then it didn't come with it.  You can always buy a PCIe add on card yourself and throw it in the computer.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995187
Relevancy 96.72%

Hi,
Last night i was updating the bios on this 3620 and it froze at 100%, after 30 minutes or so i forced to reboot.
Now always as an Amber light blinking when i connect the power cable and only the fan starts to spin for a few seconds and turn off in a loop.
I already try CMOS reset - nothing
Jumper in service mode - nothing
Is there any way to flash a bios from an USB drive. I've been reading a lot of foruns and all talk of some switch /writeromfile but doesn't work on this dell bios setup.
Does any one have an idea for me to try?

Thank you very much

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983091
Relevancy 86.8%

I ordered a 3620 with 2 hard drives configured for RAID 0. It has already shipped. I realize now that I made a mistake and should have ordered the RAID 1 configuration. I realize this will reduce my total drive capacity.
Also, I'm planning on adding a 3rd HDD that I do not wanted to be included in the RAID. Any help on switching RAID levels and adding the 3rd drive would be appreciated. I'm expecting the machine to arrive tomorrow.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997378
Relevancy 85.87%

Does anyone know an adapter with two display ports that fits into this Dell Precision T7610 CTO Base, that also have a very good quality?

A:Dell Precision T7610 CTO Base (Tower Workstation)

Here is the spec for the T7610 from the Dell manual, it doesn't relate to the "CTO Base".
Discrete (PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16)

T7610
up to 4 full-height, full length (maximum of 600 W)

This suggests you can use many different video cards. . You say "display ports". What are you referring to? "DVI", "VGA" or the actual newer Display port interface?

Dell also has a support forum, staffed by mostly users like this forum. That is another alternative for specific Dell hardware help.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/325788-dell-precision-t7610-cto-base-tower-workstation.html
Relevancy 81.53%

Hi All,
We have bought a Precision Tower 3620 with an External Graphic card.Nvidia Quadro K620 graphic card.
The Graphic card has one DVI port and one DP port while the on board card has 2xDP and one HDMI.
We have to connect two monitors to this computer . We have been able to connect the monitor to external DP port. But for some reason the DVI port is not working.

So we decided to use the on-board card but it is not working....we removed the external graphic card and set BIOS to Intel Graphic card but still it is not working (I have only tested the DP port at the moment)....

So what do you think the reason might be?

Thanks in advance for the help
Payam

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19990908
Relevancy 104.92%

Just wondering if anyone has taken these old workstations and upgraded or remodeled them into a machine running Windows 7 professional?

I inherited a couple as projects and I am wondering after I wipe the hard drives, what would be the best image to deploy?

They both currently have 4G of memory, and a Pentium 4 3.80 CPU.

I want to keep the cost to a minimum.

Thanks!

A:Dell Precision 370 Workstation Remodel/Upgrade Project?

The cost will be for a copy of Win7, can't use what is already installed on another computer. I have a similar Dell Optiplex 755 that came with Vista that is running Linux Mint 17 64-bit quite happily and my wallet is happy because Linux is free. Because I have a couple of Win7 Desktops [a Custom and a rescued Dell Inspiron] and a Custom Win8.1 Desktop already I don't plan to redo the Optiplex any time soon but maybe after Win9 comes out?

I use the free GPARTED bootable CD [created from the downloaded .iso file] to wipe HDDs so as to have a fresh start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344898-dell-precision-370-workstation-remodel-upgrade-project.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi,
I have a Dell Precision 3620 with 2 dvi port (without VGA port), and when I connect two monitors in their ports, just one of them is displayed and the other is not detected. I tried to change the dvi cables between ports, the same problem, just one of them is detected.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19990455
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a Dell Precision Workstation with separate OS Vista and XP on two different SCSI HDD I use the BIOS to boot one or the other I have GB of RAM SCSI HDD AGP video card PCI RAID card Precision Workstation Dell 530 for an external RAID box with SATA GB HDD in a config Over the past few days the computer keeps shutting off but not completely off the screen goes blank and the power light goes yellow the diagnostic lights all go yellow too This happens in both VISTA and XP and randomly I can be searching the internet email etc I have removed a USB PCI controller no change I removed all USB no change I removed the external eSATA link no change I have opened the case and looked and adjusted any type of possible cable that could be loose with nothing out of the ordinary I have ran the Dell diagnostic CD and it came back saying the USB controller was faulting reason why I removed the USB PCI controller as stated After removing the USB PCI controller the Dell diag CD shows no problems I am up in arms on what to do next Since it is happening to two seperate HDD and two separate OS's I cant see it being a software problem at all Most likely a hardware related Dell 530 Precision Workstation issue Any and all help and information would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-530-precision-workstation-304887.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have two Dell [email protected] One has a hard drive fault. I have deleted and remade the dos partition. When I boot from my XP CD and try to install windows it says there is no hard drive attached. Have tried on both machines. Same result. I checked if my good drive (which is still working) would try tio install windows but I get the same result. (no hard drive attached) Am I doing something wromg

A:Dell Precision Workstation 690

What is/was the hard drive fault. And how did you deal with it. It appears your system worked until this drive fault occured.
Slso, specs for the computer would be nice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-workstation-690.132595/
Relevancy 88.58%

This is posted in the Windows XP support forum too but have both Vista and XP on machine I have a Dell Precision Workstation with separate OS Vista and XP on two different SCSI HDD I use the BIOS to boot one or the other I have GB of RAM SCSI HDD AGP video card PCI RAID card 530 Dell Workstation Precision for an Dell 530 Precision Workstation external RAID box with SATA GB HDD in a config Over the past few days the computer keeps shutting off but not completely off the screen goes blank and the power light goes yellow the diagnostic lights all go yellow too This happens in both VISTA and XP and randomly I can be searching the internet email etc I have removed a USB PCI controller no change I removed all USB no change I removed the external eSATA link no change I have opened the case and looked and adjusted any type of possible cable that could be loose with nothing out of the ordinary I have ran the Dell diagnostic CD and it came back saying the USB controller was faulting reason why I removed the USB PCI controller as stated After removing the USB PCI controller the Dell diag CD shows no problems I am up in arms on what to do next Since it is happening to two seperate HDD and two separate OS's I cant see it being a software problem at all Most likely a hardware related issue Any and all help and information would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-530-precision-workstation-304891.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Precision Workstation Internal Drives Floppy DVD-Rom Drive CD-RW Drive Internal Zip Dell Workstation enough 2nd HDD - not 530 - Precision connectors GB HDD GB I am adding this HDD I bought another HDD for storage purposes and I have a little dilemma because there is a plastic divider inside the box that seperates the PCI slots and the HDD s so I cannot connect the cables from the PCI card to the HDD connectors The problem lies in the fact that I have so many internal devices that use up all the cable connectors The primary IDE cables are set up from the factory to plug into the Primary Dell Precision Workstation 530 - 2nd HDD - not enough connectors HDD Master plug and the secondary connector is plugged into the internal ZIP drive Let me try to graphically show the connections Factory setup as follows Primary IDE Slot on Motherboard -- gt Primary HDD Master connector on ribbon cable -- gt Zip Drive Slave connector on ribbon cable What I want to do Ultra ATA PCI controller card -- gt Primary HDD Master Connector on ribbon cable -- gt New nd HDD Slave connector on ribbon cable Primary IDE Slot on Motherboard -- gt Zip Drive using Master connector on ribbon cable There is that plastic divider that I think is meant for the front fan s efficiency so when the case is closed the divider literally creates another compartment inside the case Therefore I cannot connect a ribbon cable from a PCI card to the HDD s that is on the other side of the divider The guy at CompUSA said that I cannot get a ribbon cable that has connectors That would really solve my dilemma Right now I disabled the ZIP drive so I can setup the new HDD until I can solve my connection issues Does anyone know how I could connect all my hardware devices Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Dell Precision Workstation 530 - 2nd HDD - not enough connectors

Suggestion: Get a USB or Firewire enclosure and set the new hard drive up external.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-workstation-530-2nd-hdd-not-enough-connectors.359946/
Relevancy 86.43%

good day to everyone
I have a Dell Precision Workstation M6800 , brand new that I run using Docking station , I've noticed that the temperature gets between 70- 80 C with little tasks being done ,
could it be dock station cause the laptop overheat.
this morning i just turned on the pc and noticed that the temperature got to 70c in few seconds
i am just wondering what it could be happening with brand new laptop
I use two software to monitor the pc temperature AID64 Extreme and Spccy Professional edition , both of them nearly give the same result
is that temperature normal
any help, much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380596-dell-precision-workstation-m6800-over-heating.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello nbsp I am going to upgrade my nbsp T Workstation cpu T3600 CPU Precision upgrade, Workstation stepping nbsp with a new nbsp CPU There are a number of them sold on ebay now but there is no info in those announcements regarding which of the nbsp steppings intel produced of the E - cpu nbsp is inside them nbsp Does anyone have this cpu installed in their T machine out there nbsp Could you help a fellow Should be in the bios under system information or on the actual purchase receipt when you upgraded There are steppings nbsp www cpu-world com Intel-Xeon E - html What it says there is that the steppings are quot C quot QB A quot C quot QBF SR H and quot C quot QBV SR KX Now if you don acute t know the specifics of your cpu just look in the Precision T3600 Workstation CPU upgrade, cpu stepping bios for any of the above numbers that are in Precision T3600 Workstation CPU upgrade, cpu stepping parenthesis aka quot QBV SR KX quot anything like that Also if you could give the bios version and revision of the revision of the motherboard mainboard that would of course be genius but I acute ll take anything anyone has to offer me at this point nbsp Thanks for any help Best Regards Andrew Eklov Sweden

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19973706
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello So i was browsing for days i m currently using my home made computer due to the problem with my Dell well at first everything Locked Dell 370 Workstation Precision BIOS Factory was working like a charm i installed the DVD-Writer and put it in Slave mode that day when i wanted to install Vista on it i tried to make the DVD-Writer as a primary drive when i entered the BIOS everything was alright but when i tried to change anything it tell me that the SETUP is locked there is no password at all its just this Factory password so i tried to remove the Battery like has been Dell Precision 370 Workstation BIOS Factory Locked suggested everywhere but unfortunately XP isn t working at all neither from the safe mode all i get is that windows cannot start probably tried to enter the BIOS the date is back to and the factory password was still on and the setup is locked now i think my problem is in the BIOS i need to put my dvd-writer as primary but i need the Master Password I tried to contact Dell but they needed some details that i don t have its just they are asking too much and i just have few info and above all i don t have a fax machine so any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Precision 370 Workstation BIOS Factory Locked

What happens when you change the jumpers on the drives from cable select to jumper them as master and slaves?
These are normal settings for networked machines and servers. Who setup your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-370-workstation-bios-factory-locked.98887/
Relevancy 85.57%

I ve been doing a lot of research work 380 Premiere with Precision Dell Will 5.1 Adobe Workstation? on this and so far configured this system to run Adobe Premiere with I m pretty new to all this so I may be missing some important components Dell Precision Workstation this system is recommended by Dell for use with Adobe Intel Pentium Processor GHz MB L MHz Microsoft Windows XP Professional Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation? SP with media NTFS File System Hyper-threading feature preset to On can be disabled enabled in BIOS GB MHz DDR SDRAM Memory NECC DIMMS will probably increase it to GB Desktop Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation? w -Optical drives mounted horizontally in Desktop orientation is mini-tower better System comes with an Integrated Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet Controller what is an Ethernet controller does that have to do with Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation? networking another computer I also want to keep my old system running with WINS so I ll need to purchase a router that will work both with WINS and WINS XP Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet controller-PCI Express card do I need this C All SATA drives RAID drive total configuration All Systems include embedded SATA RAID capability RAID Raid requires at least drives Boot drive GB SATA RPM Hard Drive with DataBurst Cache RAID Mixing of SATA SCSI Hard Drives is allowed but the st Hard drive or Boot Hard drive must be SATA When ordering RAID all hard drives in the RAID must be exactly the same capacity speed and type nd Hard drive GB SATA RPM Hard Drive with MB DataBurst Cache CD-ROM DVD and Read-Write Devices I always get confused with what these and the - and s and RW and R s and what the difference is between a DVD Rom and one that you can write to I want to be able to use CD s to save files photos as I do with our current computer As for DVD s I would think I d need that too XCD AND X CD-RW DVD Combo w CyberLink PowerDVD No Media CD-RW AND DVD -RW w Sonic software CyberLink PowerDVD No Media not sure which one MB Dell USB Hi-Speed Memory Key Whats this Graphics card MB PCIe x nVidia Quadro NVS Dual Monitor VGA Capable Dell inch M inch viewable Flat CRT we ll only be using monitor This system comes equipped with Integrated HD audio optimized system is required when selecting these cards this Sound Blaster also confuses me Someone said on a message board that the Sound Blaster causes problems with Adobe Sound Blaster Audigy D Card with a a port Sound Blaster Audigy D Card AND a Controller Card or a Controller Card do I need the sound blaster or is this enough Thanks a bunch for your help nbsp

A:Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation?

No problem whatsoever---you wont need raid for editing DV--its really not necessary. Yes your ethernet controler is for your network connections and thus it will be used for the Internet. All routers will run XP and 98. Forget about the integrated audio for any serious audio editing (the forgotten element of video editing) Also, make sure you dont use the sound blaster for you firewire connection----lots of reported problems. Go with a seperate firewire card with a TI chipset.

Last but not least, Premiere 5.1 is not a very stable program----they didn't get it right until version 6.0 so if possible, UPGRADE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-adobe-premiere-5-1-work-with-dell-precision-380-workstation.379894/
Relevancy 85.57%

We have 3 Dell Precision Workstation T3610 in our office. All the 3 PC's taking 5 minuted to boot if there is a network cable is connected, we have formatted with new OS, but no luck, upgrade all driver and bios and the HDD rate is 5.9.
Is there any issue of the Mother of board/NW card of this model? All other PC in our  office is working fine

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974592
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi,
I have a Dell Precision Workstation T5400, my current processors are:
Processor(s): 2 Processor(s) Installed. [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz [02]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
more specifically
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5450 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz (2 processors)
They do not support SLAT(Second Level Address Translation) which is a requirement for Hyper-V to work:
Current Hyper-V Requirements:
VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes Second Level Address Translation: No Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes
Could I please have some advice on what processors would be a natural upgrade for me, which support SLAT?

Thanks
Mcai

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985829
Relevancy 83.42%

I’m purchasing a Precision 3620 Tower with 365W PSU
I want to install a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU (120W) that requires a 6-pin power connection.
The Dell Engineering Specifications Manual for the 3620 Tower says this:
Supports up to 150W Graphics power in Slot 1 using optional 365W PSU that provides additional 75W using a 6 Pin power adapter.
Dell Parts Dept. says they don’t have such an adapter.
Dell Support says there are a 4-pin and an 8-pin connection available on the PSU
Male or Female they couldn’t say
What do I need?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995076
Relevancy 83.42%

Windows-based CDs "hang" in the middle of booting from a live CD.
What's going on?  I need to boot from CD from time to time.
Safe boot is disabled.
Legacy boot is enabled.
etc.

A:New Precision 3620 won't boot from CD

Hi fred339,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please try the following steps and advise the results:
* Enable the Legacy ROM option in BIOS
* Set DVD drive as the first boot device in Boot sequence
* secure boot - off
* SATA operation : AHCI
* Please check with known good OS DVD
* Also, update the BIOS to the latest available on the Dell website
Please private message us the service tag of the system.
Kindest Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19675280
Relevancy 81.27%

I want to add an expansion card to a new Tower 3620.  I can get the box open to access to chassis just fine,  but how does this black plastic cover on the expansion slots work.  Looks like it's designed to make it easy to pop open all the slots at once,  but it's way to clever for me to figure out.  Hand me the big pliers!

A:Opening the expansion slot ports on a Tower 3620.

When all else fails, read the manual (page 18-19).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984217
Relevancy 79.55%

The AMD Video Card does AMD Major M6800. M6100 the to Video in fix not ever this work Workstation Mobile Card Precision Dell properly Problem? Is FirePro going in the Precision Mobile Workstation M Does Not Work in Windows due to a driver problem and Dell has done nothing to resolve this problem that they have known about for nearly a year nbsp Has anyone found a solution to this problem The discrete GPU is a critical piece of hardware AMD FirePro M6100 Video Card does not work properly in the Precision Mobile Workstation M6800. Is Dell ever going to fix this Major Problem? in this model but it is unusable in Windows with Hyper-V enabled AMD FirePro M6100 Video Card does not work properly in the Precision Mobile Workstation M6800. Is Dell ever going to fix this Major Problem? nbsp Dell provides Windows drivers that work with Hyper-V for every other GPU option for this computer but the driver provided by Dell for the FirePro M GPU Does Not Work The only solution for this problem is to disable Hyper-V in Windows nbsp Dell directed me to get the highest model of their Precision Mobile Workstations line specifically because I need to run Virtual Machines in Hyper-V nbsp By the time I discovered the problem it was too late to return or exchange the computer that Dell helped me configure for this purpose I have the Precision Mobile Workstation M configured as follows AMD FirePro M6100 Video Card does not work properly in the Precision Mobile Workstation M6800. Is Dell ever going to fix this Major Problem? i - MQ GHz Quad Core Processor w integrated Intel HD Video GB of DDR L- MHz Ram AMD FirePro M discrete Video Card w GB Ram TB RAID- Array TB mSATA SSD amp TB quot SATA SSD Optical Bay TB SATA RPM Hard Drive x Blu Ray Recorder swappable with Optical Bay Hard Drive FIPS fingerprint reader w TPM I hope that someone has found a solution to this problem in a similar configured M nbsp if you had the same problem with your M and you fixed it please let me know how to fix this nbsp If there is no way to get the FirePro M to work properly in the computer that Dell designed it for nbsp then Dell should exchange it for a video card that actually works properly I hope someone at Dell will read this post and help me to fix this problem nbsp I should not have to spend hundreds of dollars to change the video card because Dell cannot fix this well known driver problem

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19982851
Relevancy 75.25%

16th May 2016.Dear Dell Forum Members & Support,We have an existing and very reliable Dell Precision 490 with a Single Intel Xeon 5060 (Dual Core, 3.2GHz,1066MHz) system.The system is currently running Bios Version A08 (04/25/08)

Can it be upgraded to Two (2) Intel Xeon Quad Core Processors, and if so, can a list of the compatiable processors be supplied ?

e.g. Xeon X5460 (Quad-Core, 3.16 GHz, 1333MHz) etc.

Thank you for your time & patience.With kindest regards.GEM CNC Systems.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974583
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi My Upgrade Precision 490 CPU Dell Dell Precision currently runs x Intel Xeon Woodcrest LBA socket nbsp Would the following Intel Xeon be compatible with my system My mobo is ODT nbsp Chipset X Southbridge ESB nbsp Intel Xeon GHz dual core Socket server CPU SL RT M -bit Dell Precision 490 CPU Upgrade nbsp Type CPU MicroprocessorMarket segment ServerFamily Intel Xeon Model number CPU part numbers HH KJ Dell Precision 490 CPU Upgrade M is an OEM tray microprocessorBX A is a boxed microprocessorBX P is a boxed microprocessorFrequency MHzBus speed MHzClock multiplier Package -land Flip-Chip Land Grid Array FC-LGA quot x quot cm x cm Socket Socket LGA Introduction date Jun Price at introduction S-spec numbers ES QS processors Production processorsPart number QLUF QOXI QTII QXQT SL RT SLABS SLAG BX A BX P HH KJ M Architecture MicroarchitectureMicroarchitecture CorePlatform Bensley Cranberry Lake GlidewellProcessor core WoodcrestCore steppings B QLUF B QOXI B QTII SL RT SLABS G QXQT SLAG CPUIDs F SL RT SLABS FB QXQT SLAG Manufacturing process micronData width bitThe number of cores The number of threads Floating Point Unit IntegratedLevel cache size x KB instruction caches x KB data cachesLevel cache size Shared MB cacheMultiprocessing Up to processorsFeatures MMX technology SSE SSE SSE Extended Memory technology EM T Virtualization technology Execute disable bit Low power features HALT mode Extended HALT mode Stop Grant mode Enhanced SpeedStep technology Electrical Thermal parametersV core V - V Stepping B V - V Stepping G Minimum Maximum operating temperature deg C - deg C Stepping B deg C - deg C Stepping B deg C - deg C Stepping G Maximum power dissipation Watt Watt sustained Thermal Design Power Watt Notes on Intel HH KJ MBus frequency is MHz Because the processor uses Quad Data Rate bus the effective bus speed is MHzPart BX A includes U active U passive thermal solutionPart BX P includes U passive thermal solution

A:Dell Precision 490 CPU Upgrade

I have tried a Intel x5365 and it always comes up as a unsupported CPU. I am running BIOS revision A08. Is there more magic sauce involved such as a non-general release BIOS rev?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19456401
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello everyoneI have a Precision 5810 with 16gb's of RAM. These are 4 x 4gb 2133MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC sticks.I want to upgrade my memory to 32GB's! Considering the fact that the mobo has 8 sockets, what would it best to do ? - Can I put 2x8 GB's of the same or it must be 4x4GB just like the ones that are plugged? - Can I put any other brand (kingston or crucial) combined with the originals that I have from Dell?
***sorry to ask but dellsuppport team here in Greece, mentioned the cost for another 4x4GB sticks from Dell is 450Euros or 500$. That is waay too muchI would appreciate any answerThanks in advance, Dimitris

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987330
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently ordered have not yet received a Dell Precision T workstation I tend CPU Dell Upgrade T3600 Precision to build my own desktops but I didn t want anything too flashy case wise cared more about ease of access etc and all the good quot build your own quot cases are very loud Dell Precision T3600 CPU Upgrade color wise light wise not decibel wise necessarily At any rate because of this quot build your Dell Precision T3600 CPU Upgrade own spirit quot I ordered it with pretty much budget everything except the PSU which I upgraded to the Watt option I figure I can upgrade CPU GPU RAM SSD etc later and save money The one thing that is unclear on Dell s website however is what CPU options are supported I know it is a socket LGA but some of these have core count restrictions Dell only lists it on their website with up to core CPUs but core chips do exist for the LGA socket Does anybody Dell Precision T3600 CPU Upgrade know if these chips are compatible with the system s motherboard Thanks in advance

A:Dell Precision T3600 CPU Upgrade

Hello there.
I know this is an old post, but what´s your current setup? Did you make the 8-core upgrade? What´s your config? I would love to know cause I´m having issues with mine. Here is my thread about my issue (regarding CPU E5-2670 V1, stepping C1)::

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19973706/20921706
Thanks a bunch for any answers!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19530837
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,
 I have a Dell Precision T1650 Workstation at my school that I use for deep learning. I was wondering if I will be able to swap the original L275AM-00 PSU with corsair RM550X and add GTX1070? If the GPU is too long I can just get rid of the drive bay. Here are the system specs: 
Intel(R) Core(TM)-i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs)
4GB RAM
0X9M3X Motherboard
I'll be using the GPU mostly for Deep Learning calculations.
Any suggestions and replies regarding T1650 and GPU recommendations are welcome.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19993588
Relevancy 73.53%

I have Dell Precision 380. It has 3.2 Ghz processor and intel i955x mother board. Can i upgrade my computer to Core 2Duo?
Or how far I can upgrade it at most?
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Is it possible to upgrade Dell Precision 380 to Core 2 Duo?

It all depends on the socket on the motherboard.
What socket do you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-upgrade-dell-precision-380-to-core-2-duo.157590/
Relevancy 73.53%

I Have Dell optiplex 745 With 3.4 Ghz Pentium D Processor with 4MB cache Memory .... Recently I wanted To Upgrade my p.c to dual core 2.6Ghz  E5300.. when i put Dual core processor into my board and truned on p.c the all lights was green and fan was running too fast and mY lcd Does Not dsplay anything .... And also My bios version is 2.6.3 .. what is the main fault in it.... kindly anyone tell me.... what should i do ???

A:Dell Optiplex 745 Mini Tower Upgrade

Hi Asfand_Munib,
Before installing a new processor, please update the BIOS to latest version from Here.
Note : Please save and close all running programs and documents and disconnect all external peripherals (printer, flash drives, external hard drives, etc) and connect the computer to a surge protector before updating the bios.
If all the lights are green and you are not receiving any beep codes from the system then it means that the processor has been installed correctly. Please check if the keyboard lights (Capslock, Numlock, etc) respond when you press the corresponding keys. Please verify the connections on rear of the system and check if they are connected firmly. Also, check if you are able to hear any windows jingle sounds after some time when you power on the system. Please share the exact model of Optiplex 745 you are using as it comes in 4 form factors viz Ultra Small Form Factor (USFF), Desktop (DT), Small Form Factor (SFF), and Mini-Tower (MT). A picture is attached below.

Please reply with the information. Will take it further from there.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19505514
Relevancy 72.67%

We have two Dell Precision 390. One with the Conroe E6300, and one with the Pentium 4 631, Cedar Mill variety.
We would like to upgrade the P4 to something better.

We have a Q6600 CPU lying here, and a ancient Pentium D 830 dual core CPU, but it's gotta be better performer than a single core  P4.

Are the motherboards the same in these two 390s? I'm thinking our E6300 could be upgraded to a Q6600, but the 390 with the P4 I'm not sure about. They both are socket 775. We already have the correct heatpipe heatsink needed for the hotter CPUs.

Thanks

A:Dell Precision 390 , Which CPUs work for an upgrade?

I got the info from Dell today. There are two motherboards used in the 390. One supports the Cedar Mill and Conroe line of CPU's. The other motherboard for the 390 supports the Q6600, QX6700 and QX6800.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19422431
Relevancy 72.67%

I have an old Precision workstation It has it s standard Nvidia Quadro in Video Precision Card 490 Dell Upgrade it It works great so I got a couple of Xeon X s put those in Dell Precision 490 Video Card Upgrade and they work fine As far as I can go for cheap I have an ASUS R X-DC T- GD graphics card and I stuck it in No video I took it out and tried another card that I have laying around a GTX no video Hmm Does anyone know what video card limitations there are on this machine It s supposed to be an X PCIe slot a long slot Which both of these cards are long but not sure about what else it might be that would make these not work nbsp The system does seem to boot up nbsp I can order another card I would like to take this as far as I can go for cheap for a little gaming If that first R X card will work it would meet the minimum system specs as the processors do too meet the minimum specs I have the bios set for PEG that was the first thing I looked at

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19982066
Relevancy 72.67%

I would like to put an i7 into the computer. What are my options for my upgrade?
I currently have a Stock i5 2.5 GHz.

A:What processor upgrade could I do to my Dell Precision M4600?

The system uses second-generation (Sandy Bridge) Core i CPUs - these have model numbers starting with 2-- i.e., 2860QM.  The Extreme Edition CPUs were also shipped with this system -- you must remain within the Sandy Bridge CPU line - not the later Ivy Bridge (3xxx) , Haswell (4xxx), or later Broadwell or Skylake CPUs.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985539
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I tried to install the newly released Dell Precision Optimizer v A August on my Precision running Windows bit During the installation an error panel pops up with this text gt SetupNew setup cpp PAPP PVENDOR PGUID Windows Vista Service Pack IE Version The installation then fails and the installer log shows the following nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Application KKJH WN A - - txt nbsp nbsp nbsp User error Precision Installation Dell 3.5.5 with 5510 Precision on Optimizer Dell Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp Installation error with Dell Precision Optimizer 3.5.5 on Dell Precision 5510 nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with Installation error with Dell Precision Optimizer 3.5.5 on Dell Precision 5510 this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language DE nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp User Parameter logfile nbsp nbsp nbsp User Parameter logfile changed to C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Application KKJH WN A - - txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers APPLIC A miniunz exe nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x C tmp Dell - APPLIC EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers APPLIC A nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-GetExitCode nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line POAInstaller exe KEY DA- -FF - DC-BDAD LOGFILE C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp logo png nbsp nbsp nbsp MUPXMLParser GetResultName Vendor Return Code is not found in Mup xml nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code nbsp nbsp nbsp DupAPI GetReturnCode Unable to find DUP value for nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE Previous versions of the Precision Optimizer software installed fine I tried both updating the previous installation as well as uninstalling and re-installing Any idea how to fix this Best regards nbsp nbsp nbsp Bernd nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989759
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm havving issues with a brand new Precision 3620 workstation.
The processor is an Intel 6700K  4Ghz base clock and 4.2Ghz turbo clock.
1) For any kind single threaded task it always runs at 4Ghz and never at 4.2Ghz.
How can I make it run at turbo speed (bios is set so it should) ?
2) For multithreading tasks using all cores (also using SIMD) the clock drops to 3.6Ghz
Using Intel power gadget I measure 60Watt power consumption and 54 degrees C.
(Test is Prime95 using blend mode test, so not max heat small FFT test)

I find this clock behavior quite unacceptable for a PC sold as workstation.
Using the Intel Extreme Tuning tool I can fix issue 2) by rasing the Processor Core IccMax from 92A to 110A.  This indicates wrong CPU setting in the bios, but these hidden settings are not visible to be changed.
Issue 1) I can not fix.
Is there any way to correct these issues ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984641
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,
My wifi card recently broke so I'm currently in the market for a new one. The one currently installed in my laptop is the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to the new Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 or 8265. I don't want to purchase it to find out that my laptop is not compatible, I'm also looking to upgrade my RAM from 4GB to 8GB if anybody have any suggestions on that.

Much appreciated,
Steffen.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19971847
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,
I have a Dell Precision m6600 with an Intel i5-2520m inside. Now i'm wondering if i could replace the i5, with a Intel i7-2630qm.
I read on the intel website that both CPU have the same socket (988B rPGA), so thats not a issue??
Can anyone help me with this question?
Kind regarts,
Casper

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994344
Relevancy 72.24%

hello,

I have a dell Precision m6600 and i would like to upgrade my CPU from i5-2520m to i7-2630qm. I have read on the intel website that both CPU have the same socket, so i think that the upgrade will be succesful.
Can anyone help me with this question?
Sorry for my bad English, i'm from the Netherlands.

Kind regards,
Casper

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994330
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Dell Vostro Mini Tower and it currently has the Intel Pentium E processor I would like to upgrade to something better because my current processor does not meet the minimum requirements of some games I would like to play I was wondering which processors I could upgrade to I know that the new processor has to fit the socket on the motherboard but I don t know how to find out what socket my current motherboard has or even what motherboard it is I would also like to know if I don t upgrade the processor but instead get a new motherboard can I get any motherboard and plug it in and will it come with a new processor or will it have to Mini on or 230 processor Dell Vostro Upgrade Tower motherboard fit Upgrade processor or motherboard on Dell Vostro 230 Mini Tower my Upgrade processor or motherboard on Dell Vostro 230 Mini Tower current processor Does upgrading the motherboard make much difference to the CPU speeds if I don t actually upgrade the processor I am running Windows amp SP DirectX with GB RAM and i also have an ATI Radeon HD Graphics Card and a W power supply nbsp Would I need to get a new power supply if I upgraded the motherboard or processor nbsp

A:Upgrade processor or motherboard on Dell Vostro 230 Mini Tower

Hi,
I have mentioned list of processors which are also compatible with Vostro 230 mini tower.

Number

Code Name

Cache

Clock Speed

Front Side Bus

Q9650

Yorkfield

12 MB

3.00 GHz

1333 MHz

Q9550

Yorkfield

12 MB

2.83 GHz

1333 MHz

Q8400

Yorkfield

4 MB

2.66 GHz

1333 MHz

Q8300

Yorkfield

4 MB

2.50 GHz

1333 MHz

E8600

Wolfdale

6 MB

3.33 GHz

1333 MHz

E8500

Wolfdale

6 MB

3.16 GHz

1333 MHz

E8400

Wolfdale

6 MB

3.00 GHz

1333 MHz

E7600

Wolfdale

3 MB

3.06 GHz

1066 MHz

E7500

Wolfdale

3 MB

2.93 GHz

1066 MHz

E6300

Wolfdale

2 MB

2.80 GHz

1066 MHz

E5400

Wolfdale

2 MB

2.70 GHz

800 MHz

E5300

Wolfdale

2 MB

2.60 GHz

800 MHz

Celeron

512 KB

2.20 GHz

800 MHz

Vostro 230/230s has been tested with Intel G41 chipset (Motherboard) with ICH07 only. Motherboard and processor are two different components. I would suggest you to upgrade the processor. Please reply for further assistance. Thanks & Regards Manshu S #iworkfordell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19476163
Relevancy 69.66%

Good day Dell nbsp Community Because of your questions I m pleased to present the below information specifications and requirements for M on various Dell models Precision Internal dives supported Drive configurations supported max x M or x M and x nbsp inch SATA PCIE Lanes The M slots available are wired Dell / Mobile Requirements NVME Upgrade XPS, Precision And Specifications Optiplex For Latitude, and M.2 as X The Dell M.2 / NVME Specifications And Upgrade Requirements For Latitude, XPS, Precision Mobile and Optiplex Inch bay is wired as X Parts needed to install an M into the inch bay of and x TM nbsp inch metal bracket - most units will have this already included nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp x Y WJX Dell M.2 / NVME Specifications And Upgrade Requirements For Latitude, XPS, Precision Mobile and Optiplex nbsp M bracket goes inside of TM x D nbsp M X screw Most systems will have these already included Dell M.2 / NVME Specifications And Upgrade Requirements For Latitude, XPS, Precision Mobile and Optiplex These screws hold in the Y WJX M drive carrier or a inch drive into TM x WPTND nbsp M Interposer Board This installs into Y WJX M bracket x E nbsp M L screws x HR P nbsp M thermal cover Find instructions nbsp here nbsp on the Dell Community nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Precision nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Internal dives supported nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Drive configurations supported xM x SATA xM xM and x SATA nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCIE Lanes M slot supports x The Inch bay is wired as X Parts needed to install an M into the inch bay are the same as the above Precision and XPS Internal dives supported Drive configurations supported x M x SATA xM and X SATA PCIE Lanes M slot supports x The Inch bay is wired as SATA Parts needed in order to install a M x DJK nbsp thermal pad no plate required Parts needed in order to add a inch drive x nbsp XDYGX nbsp cable x nbsp XYT nbsp rubber side isolator x FDY nbsp metal HDD bracket some units may already have this installed even if a inch drive wasn t ordered from Dell originally Discussed nbsp here nbsp on Dell Community Precision Internal dives supported Drive configurations supported x M or x inch SATA PCIE Lanes M slot supports x Inch bay is wired as SATA Parts needed to upgrade from inch drive to M drive x X YR nbsp M end bracket x X MT nbsp thermal cover x E nbsp M X screws nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp n... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992358
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a laptop dell precision m4600 the graphics card inside is NVIDIA Quadro 1000M with 2GB GDDR3 dedicated memory, plus intel graphics HD 3000. Is it possible to upgrade the NVIDIA Quadro 1000m to meet a 3D VERY complex modeling design which I am working on it at an engineering software?
because i have some 3d drawings work slowly in performance with the existing graphics card.
if so, please provide me by the list of varies upgraded graphics cards based on dell recommendations on my laptop.

A:dell precision m4600 the graphics card NVIDIA Quadro 1000M upgrade

No you would need a top of the line laptop or a desktop with a separate high powered video card. Your laptop graphics are integrated on the board--not removable cards. Read-- Upgrade Video

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19665074
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,
I have a Dell 3620 Desktop that have displayports; when i want to connect my 2 monitors each one on a displayport, just one monitor is detected, the other one is always black. I tried to change the port, but always the same problem, one monitor is detected.
Is there a way to fix this problem. Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19990623
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Precision Tower 3620 recently acquired and I am installing a BARCO MXRT 7500 video board. This board need a 8 pins connector to the supply the operating voltages. 
The power supply does not have this connector and its capacity is only 290 watts. In order to supply the video board and increase the capacity and want to change by other power supply.
I want to know if DELL has a large power supply that include this 8 pins connector for use whit this 3620 tower? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984255
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Dell Precision 5810 Tower with a 475W PS. I also have a GTX 1080 that sits in it, but when booting I get a message that not enough power is being supplied to the video card.Has anyone gotten a 1080 to work in a 5810, and if so, what did you do? Anyone know of a replacement PS? I would replace the power supply if I knew what type to get, but it appears to not be the standard size PS.
There's an 8-pin power connector on the 1080, but there seems to be no place to plug it in.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989460
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a precision 490 workstation for video editing and I'm looking to max out the ram to 32GB. I see some of the compatible ram available is listed as "server only," yet all their specs appear to be the same as that for desktop. So what's the difference?

A:Precision 490 Workstation RAM, server or desktop?

Not sure about the difference, but here are the Dell validated 4GB memory sticks and 5 digit part numbers =9F035 4GB, 667MHz, ECCMWP63 4GB, 667MHz, ECCDR397 4GB, 667MHz, ECCUW730 4GB, 533MHz, ECC
Quad Channel FBD-DDR2 (Fully Buffered DIMM) Memory supportECC PC2-4200F 533 MHz or PC2-5300F 667 MHz FBD-DDR2 SD-RAM256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB DIMM sizes512MB minimum/32GB maximum

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987029
Relevancy 67.51%

I am on Bios A09 on my Precision Tower 7910.  I see A12 is released.  Anyone update?
A month ago, A10 was available for a day and they pulled it. I did download it, but did not install it. They never posted A11, but now have A12 listed as recommended. A11 is listed as previous versions, but A10 is not. So I assume A12 has the fixes in A10, A11, and A12. Just wondering if I should go from A09 to A12.
My System has Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-2630 v3 (8C HT, 20MB Cache, 2.4 GHz Turbo).
A11 notes Fixes & Enhancements

Enhanced the Memory Mapped IO to automatically map the correct amount of Memory for PCI devices depending on the user configuration, thus the previous setup option for Small and Large has been removed.
Removed the Fastboot setup option.
A12 notes Fixes & Enhancements:

Adds support for Broadwell (v4) CPUs

A:Precision Tower 7910 Bios Update

I only install a systems bios update to address a specific issue I may be facing. Are you currently having issues with this desktop?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682220
Relevancy 67.08%

Brand New HP Z240 Tower Workstation with HP Solid State Drive will not BOOTHP diagnosticsHard Drive SMART Check: WARNING (1: NOT AVAILABLE)Hard Drive Short DST Check: NOT AVAILABLE (1: NOT AVAILABLE)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/No-Boot-Device-HP-Z240-Tower-Workstation/td-p/5592736
Relevancy 67.08%
Relevancy 67.08%

Dear all, I am going to buy a HP Z240 tower workstation. Do anyone know that the decibel of this computer? Is it louder? Do you know which HP workstation works quietly? Many thanks! Celia

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Does-HP-Z240-Tower-Workstation-work-noisily/td-p/5854515
Relevancy 66.65%

Greetings Intro I m d artist and have recently discovered so low priced LGA Xeons so decided to build a workstation around it So I ve found out used R motherboards are quite low cost on Building R5500 on workstation Precision motherboard eBay - USD so decided Building workstation on Precision R5500 motherboard to build a system on top of it as it s only one double LGA with graphics PCIe out there I d make a wooden case instead of rack U shell Building workstation on Precision R5500 motherboard and can somebody help me with parts that are minimum requirement for this system to boot I Building workstation on Precision R5500 motherboard do know that it needs it s own proprietary power supply aka same as R s power unit www ebay com And a distribution unit www ebay com Would T power supply work instead I would not use Kw at all www ebay com So besides basically ECC memory also cost quite low CPU video card I think HDD is a must too and PSU is there anything that I must have in order to make it boot Or do you have any other suggestions Sincerely G Janiashvili

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983613
Relevancy 66.65%

Greetings,
I've found out that used R5500+Xeon (plus ECC memory) Combo to be quite a low price point on ebay solution for CG tasks, and thinking to place it inside a custom made wooden case (instead of a rack and a shell), so with my little knowledge and info on the web I've found out that it needs more than just CPU+RAM+GPU+PSU and a drive to boot, and I've found out that PSU needs some especial 1.1 Kw PSU + power distribution unit (and all those parts together you can find on ebay for 200$), but that's it, I could find no more
So.. Can anybody help me with what parts exactly are required in order to boot into an OS?

Also, can someone help me with telling me if it's possible at all to not use a rack shell, and if T3500/T5500 PSU is compatible with this?Cheers!G. Janiashvili

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983634
Relevancy 65.79%

Thought we could accumulate some data on the M (Laptop) Thread Owner's M65 Workstation 6. Precision Mobile laptop here First here is some info starting on page of this thread over in the XPS area http en community dell com owners-club xps f t aspx PageIndex I ll try to eventually move the important data from there to here I think we have all moved on from XP by now RAM Expansion I nbsp upgraded from gb to gb Win - sees gb but says only gb usable nbsp After some Internet research nbsp seems its a problem with most Intel nbsp based laptops including Lenovos 6. M65 Precision Mobile Workstation (Laptop) Owner's Thread and HPs Still an extra gb is better than nothing over increase is still good Even though the Quadro FX- m has dedicated memory I think it also takes some shared system memory I wonder if that can account for the missing gb or is it just the bit limitation thing It was pretty cheap at Crucial CT GB kit GBx -pin SODIMM Upgrade for a Dell Precision M System Trusted Platform Module LaidBackTokyo says yes my Broadcom TPM A v is activated in bios and woks fine with z native MS Win driver i use it partly UPEK fingerprint module only since there is no good Wave Corp Embassy Suite software use with Win x 6. M65 Precision Mobile Workstation (Laptop) Owner's Thread and compatible with TPM v or at least wasn t a year amp half ago i use it with UPEK Protector Suite and everything works fine nVidia Quadro FX m video driver This nVidia Quadro FX m video driver v - March works in Windows Windows Consumer PreviewWindows Release nbsp Preview - Windows Final RTM http catalog update microsoft com v site Search aspx q fx m I think WindowsUpdate offers this same driver in Windows However if you are installing -Pro the generic driver will load on clean install You have to go into System Hardware Device Install Settings and nbsp allow drivers to download from WindowsUpdate Then WU will offer it or you can update driver from DeviceManager nbsp In Windows nbsp you have to install it manually I only tested the bit driver in Win and it works fine The nbsp Windows driver ID for the -bit driver is MB download The Windows driver ID for the -bit driver is MB download Windows Pro Clean Install Clean install Go into System Hardware Device Install Settings and allow drivers to download from WindowsUpdate Update FingerPrint Reader driver from WindowsUpdateUpdate nbsp nVidia Quadro FX m video driver nbsp from WindowsUpdateUpdate quot O Micro OZ USB CCID Smartcard Reader quot nbsp from WindowsUpdate No other drivers seem to be required Modem Ethernet WiFi Card Readers etc all seem to be working

A:6. M65 Precision Mobile Workstation (Laptop) Owner's Thread

Windows 8 (64 bit) Preview:
Clean install.
Go into System/Hardware/Device Install Settings and allow drivers to download from WindowsUpdate.Update FingerPrint Reader driver from WindowsUpdate (if it didn't already load)Manually install nVidia Quadro FX 350m video driver  (v7.15.11.7967)
No other drivers seem to be required (Modem, Ethernet, WiFi, Card Readers, etc. all seem to be working)
If Dual/Tri Booting:
Win-8 must be installed after XP, Vista or Win-7 if you also want those on your machine. I suggest installing each to their own partition.
After full install, run Easy-BCD, and put things back to normal (I like Win-7 to be default) . Remove the new Win-8 boot-screen selector (that assumes you have a touch-screen and touch-enables Dual-Booting).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19453973
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,
I have a T3500 - 09KPNV motherboard, 12 GB DDR3 RAM and Intel Xeon 2.67 - 6 cores 2 threads.
The video i had was FX 1800 and i bouth a GTX 660 - DC20CPH and from what i think i should work on this motherboard, am i wrong? It detects de video but don't run it correctly...could you please advice or provide a list of compatibiliyu of video for it?Thank you!

A:Precision Workstation T3500, compatible video cards?

Dell did not test any of the Consumer GeForce or AMD video cards on the Precision Workstation T3500. We tested the following Workstation video cards =
CJ9FJ AMD FirePro V79005DRVJ AMD FirePro V59000X31G AMD FirePro V48007CJHP AMD FirePro MV2260
YMYKM Nvidia Quadro 5000731Y3, 38XNM, 6WTYT Nvidia Quadro 4000X9YDW Nvidia Quadro FX38008MDMW Nvidia Quadro 20005YGHK Nvidia Quadro 600K722J Nvidia Quadro NVS420X175K Nvidia Quadro NVS295

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19995395
Relevancy 65.79%

I am looking to add 64GB of ram with 16x4GB sticks. I understand I need the riser boards to do so which I don't have yet. I noticed that the riser boards are labeled Riser_1, Riser_2, Riser_3, Riser_4.
Locally there are Riser_3 and Riser_4 boards. Can I use these or do I need Riser_1, Riser_2 boards?

A:Precision T7400 Workstation: Memory Riser Boards

One of the riser cables is CR388 not sure if there are 2 or only 1 riser power cable.  Some say the 690 risers are NOT correct for the 7400.What I can say for sure is that there are 4 boards and 2 risers each facing the opposite way hense the 3 & 4 designation on some risers.
http://www.ascendtech.us/search.aspx?s=Precision+Memory+Riser
DELL F817F Precision 690 Workstation Memory Riser Card F817F F816FDell JF806 Precision 690 Memory Dimm Riser Expansion Board Card JF806 H9376 G9460Dell Precision 690 Memory Riser Boards JF807 M9008Dell TY853 Precision 690 Memory Riser Module TY853 NN378 NN383Dell Precision 690 and T7400 Memory Riser 3 & 4 Board TY857
YMMV This is an educated guess.
ChrisM might verify this.
What you want is:
DELL CR388 ASSY,CBL,PWR,MEM,PWS,T7400
DELL Assembly,Shroud,Riser,Dozer T7400 YR128
T7400 Memory Riser Board F817FT7400 Memory Riser Board G327F
Dell Precision WorkStation T7400 (FB DDR2-667MHz) Memory

The SLI BRIDGE IS Dell Part Number: MJ247 0MJ247 CN-0MJ247Compatible Part Number: 180-10219-0000-A01Compatible Models: Dell Dimension XPS 600 Precision T7400 690 XPS 700 710 720  
JF806 and JF807 are bolted back to back and it appears to me that the riser power cable is only on one side just like on the T7400 risers.
Look at pic below.

The riser power cables are attached to the large P24 connector from the power supply, using a CN-0CR388 cable which splits it into another two memory riser connector cables. Also, the 7400 riser version has a different memory fan assembly.   Its not a simple just plug in risers and use it install.

Maximum Memory
128GB (with 4 Memory Risers)/64GB (standard)
Memory Slots
16 Sockets (4 Sockets (2 banks of 2) per Riser)/8 Sockets (4 banks of 2) (standard)
non-removable base memory
0MB

Machine name: Dell Precision WorkStation T7400CPU options: Intel XeonChipset: Intel 5400 ChipsetMemory Speed options: PC2-5300 DDR2-667 240pin Fully Buffered SDRAM DIMM
Special notes: FB-DIMM Memory Risers are installed in the first four standard memory sockets only. Additional standard memory sockets then become unusable.

The four memory riser cards are connected together in sets of two. Do not attempt to disconnect the memory riser cards from each other.  Each memory riser card is numbered in the upper left hand corner. These numbers indicate which DIMM slot on the system board each riser card must be inserted into. Only the DIMM_1-4 slots (the slots with the white securing clips) on the system board can be used with the riser cards. The other slots (DIMM_5-8) must be left vacant.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19659527
Relevancy 65.79%

I ve been deploying windows for quite some time without issue with MDT nbsp I m generally 7: Storage Tower Precision 5810, Windows (IASTORA.SYS) MDT, Drivers familiar with storage driver issues but this machine has me stumped After successfully booting to PXE Precision Tower 5810, MDT, Windows 7: Storage Drivers (IASTORA.SYS) windows PE environment and Precision Tower 5810, MDT, Windows 7: Storage Drivers (IASTORA.SYS) loading Precision Tower 5810, MDT, Windows 7: Storage Drivers (IASTORA.SYS) the image to the drive I keep getting hit with the quot Windows failed to start IASTORA SYS xc Required file in missing or corrupt quot error on the first reboot nbsp nbsp -So it appears the wrong storage driver is loading I have done the following I have realized the machine name changed from Precision T to Tower So my driver selection profile is correct Driver selection profile is both the CAB as well as files loaded from the service tag page -I ve attempted to scale back older drivers thinking that perhaps an older bad copy is loading nbsp I think I m loading v I ve injected drivers into the WIM image using DISM just in case including the Samsung NMVe drivers I ve attempted to use windows repair -it can t find the issue also loaded drivers there without helpful results Drivers I think are the intel drivers with Plug and Play ID VEN nbsp nbsp DEV D -I verified this because I can load windows using the recovery DVD and there I saw the storage drivers loaded For everything above I have cycled between SATA emulation ATA ACHI RAID BIOS looks good I think Secure boot is off legacy options on Nothing umping out at me It s driving me batty

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994460
Relevancy 65.79%

I ve been deploying windows for quite some time without issue with MDT nbsp I m generally familiar MDT, Storage Windows 7: Tower 5810, (IASTORA.SYS) Precision Drivers with storage driver issues but this machine has me stumped After successfully booting to PXE windows PE environment and loading the image Precision Tower 5810, MDT, Windows 7: Storage Drivers (IASTORA.SYS) to the drive I keep getting hit with the quot Windows failed to start IASTORA SYS xc Required file in missing or corrupt quot error on the first reboot nbsp nbsp -So it appears the wrong storage driver is loading I have done the following I have realized the machine name changed from Precision T to Tower So my driver selection profile is correct Driver selection profile is both the CAB as well as files loaded from the service tag page -I ve attempted to scale back older drivers thinking that perhaps an older bad copy is loading nbsp I think I m loading v I ve injected drivers into the WIM image using DISM just in case including the Samsung NMVe drivers I ve attempted to use windows repair -it can t find the issue also loaded drivers there without helpful results Drivers I think are the intel drivers with Plug and Play ID VEN nbsp nbsp DEV D -I verified this because I can load windows using the recovery DVD and there I saw the storage drivers loaded For everything above I have cycled between SATA emulation ATA ACHI RAID BIOS looks good I think Secure boot is off legacy options on Nothing umping out at me It s driving me batty

A:Precision Tower 5810, MDT, Windows 7: Storage Drivers (IASTORA.SYS)

Denver_80211,Did you downloaded the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and install it into the system?  Click the link to download drivers on the Precision  5810.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19994460
Relevancy 65.36%

Dell is not supporting installation of Windows on the M it does on the M and M but nbsp Microsoft s Windows tool was reporting the PC would be compatible so I m sure Dell doesn t recommend this but I created Workstation Precision Windows M6600 Experience Installing 10 Mobile on with Windows a backup of my C drive and created a system recovery disk so I could go back to Win if I wanted Installed the free Windows upgrade choosing to quot Install on This PC quot over the existing operating system The install came up OK with the PC working but not without a nasty surprise with my HP Printer driver for a LaserJet MFP nw printer which not only was not working but also was not corrupted in my Windows control panel If I tried to run any HP printer app or delete the driver in Control Panel etc a Windows error screen appeared saying the Administrator blocked uninstalling or running it because it wasn t safe no signature Experience Installing Windows 10 on M6600 Precision Mobile Workstation Of course I was logged in as the Window Admin so there s Experience Installing Windows 10 on M6600 Precision Mobile Workstation was no way to uninstall the old Windows printer drivers HP Support confirmed they would have Experience Installing Windows 10 on M6600 Precision Mobile Workstation no solution except to recommend I do clean install of Windows Suggestion delete any HP printer drivers before trying a Windows upgrade FYI when you upgrade Win over Win you within the next days have an option to revert back to Windows -- it saves a recovery version on your C drive in a Windows Old folder but after days will auto delete that altogether But rather than go back to Win I decided to do the clean install of Windows to fix my HP software bug Before you try a clean install make sure you did register your Windows by logging into a Microsoft Account with your email and password so your account in the cloud knows you are a valid user After you install Windows once over your Windows Microsoft will allow you to do a clean install even though you do not have a Product Key id for Windows You do that by using their Media Creation Tool and choosing to Install On Another PC which lets you copy the OS onto a USB drive or DVD Then you boot nbsp from nbsp the USB and DVD to install You are presented with a listing of your hard drives and partitions on them and choose which partition to install Windows into This installation asks you to supply a product key Using your Windows product key that on the sticker is inside your battery area will not validate Windows But since you previously installed Windows over Windows and registered with Microsoft in your account and checked that your Win status in Control Panel as quot Activated quot you can click SKIP and leave product key blank You are prompted a second time to enter you product key later on also skipped that The PC came up running OK but Windows was not validated as Activated until I signed into Microsoft with my email and password after which my status changed to Activated on the PC Checking Windows Device Manager I noticed that most devices were installed with Microsoft s own drivers not with any Dell drivers since I had wiped them out with a clean install The good news was Microsoft installed by itself the correct drivers for my two video displays an Intel HD Graphics and an nVidia Quadro M and they work fine But in Windows Device Manager I found errors hellip So my process was to create a System Restore Point manually before I tried to resolve each error by installing some driver If my attempt failed I rolled back to the previous restore point so my Windows registry was clean Here are the errors I had Error Unknown Device Due to missing FreeFall Sensor Driver So Installed DRVR WIN R from Dell site Works Next hellip Error PCI Serial Port Installed Intel Management Engine Components Installer Intel Management Engine Components Chipset Driver MPGY WN A EXE From lt http www dell com support home us en product-support s... Read more

A:Experience Installing Windows 10 on M6600 Precision Mobile Workstation

Day two, things going smoothly with Win 10 on the M6600. 
Got around the lack of an HP Printer Driver by using Google Cloud Print, which let's me install a Google driver in Windows 10 and then print to the cloud, and from there, it communicates via internet to my HP Printer which on my local wireless network, using HP's EPrint which is compatible with Google Cloud Print. (Had to turn on Web Services on the printer and register the printer with HP Eprint.)
My nVidia driver for graphics was installed by Win 10 automatically, but that did not install the nVidia app in control panel, so I downloaded a Windows 10 version of my nVidia driver for my Quadro 3000M display adapter, and that installed fine and is working as expected. Now I have the nVidia program to tweak adjustments.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19644151
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi nbsp Just tried to add Crucial ram to a used Precision M Win Laptop - GHz core Precision of out booting M6500 windows Workstation Mobile ideas! Help! - stopped i GB SP on EBay last week After taking advice from Crucial tech this laptop will no longer boot Apologies for the long explanation nbsp Working machine came with GB x of Hylinks Ram I added GB X of Crucial memory under the keyboard of the machine The machine would not boot Pulled memory from all four slots Put one stick of Hylink and one stick of Crucial in battery side slots to see if they work together there The machine booted windows So I put the other Hylink and Crucial sticks under the keyboard The machine did not boot I called Crucial Tech told me to pull the cmos battery Wait minutes and plug it back in This is were the real fun begins Now the machine won t boot windows under any condition nbsp I pulled the the additional memory out from under the keyboard The machine runs the memory test and blue screen flashes on and off in a split second It goes into startup repair mode And ends with the following report every top I push the start button quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause nbsp Launch startup repair Recommended quot Start up repair does not work The machine will not boot Win with either or GB in place So it seems pulling the cmos battery is at the bottom of this But for the life of me I can t figure out why The following are things I ve tried to get windows Help! Precision M6500 Mobile Workstation stopped booting windows - out of ideas! to boot that have not worked nbsp Replacing original Hylink with new Crucial ram And tried swapping sticks and slots Loading default settings in bios I did remember to reset date Pulled and reinstalled the cmos battery several times Made certain the date was set correctly each time Did a system restore nbsp Ran startup repair every attempt to boot Restored the MBR successfully FixBbr - Fixboot - Rebuild Bcd nbsp Ran and passed a hardware diagnostic I am still failing the startup repair routine after the initial memory test at boot nbsp What I am missing Help nbsp nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993514
Relevancy 63.64%

Have on ongoing issue with installing this driver.  To be honest, I can't remember if the problem occurred as the computer was originally factory configured but, it occurred with Win 8.1 and now Win 10.  In the past when using Dell Optimizer to update, Optimizer never saw the driver as updated.  Presently, with the use of Command Update, Command Update sees my system as updated but, the support website does not see this driver as updated.  Additionally, despite updating through the website, Device Manager says I have version ending in 1160 but, the website says I should have 1163.
For the most part, the system runs like a charm but, there are a few recurrent hiccups.  I don't see anyone else in the forum with this issue.  Would like to know why its occurring and what to do about it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985498
Relevancy 59.77%

Dell Precision M6400 Win7 64 bit Dell Webcam Central Software.
Long story short, just purchased a M6400, upgraded after purchase with SSD, clean install. Cant Find Win7 64 bit Dell Webcam Central Software.
Please help, no I cant go in to my account and download due to my laptop transfer has not yet cleared.
Webcam is recognized in windows configuration, but not in dell. Already removed win software, but I have no way or nothing to replace with.

PLEASE Help  

A:Dell Precision M6400 Win7 64 bit Dell Webcam Central Software Missing

Hi hdpartman,
If the webcam is not working, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the webcam drivers.
To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

Click Start.
Click Control Panel.
Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.
Click Programs and Features.
Click Dell Webcam Central.
Click Uninstall.
Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.
Once uninstalled restart the computer.

I have provided a link below to reinstall the webcam drivers.
http://dell.to/YZkDs3
Awaiting your response!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19504750
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello
I just swapped out a e5-2603 CPU and installed a e5-1620 CPU in a Precision T5600.  The PC will not boot, and prior to a forced entering to bios setup, it gives a warning/error
"Your dell current power supply does not support the recent configuration changes made .."
My PSU is a 635W - this should be sufficient, yes??
So is the 1620 not compatible with this model?
thanks for any help, david

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19982081
Relevancy 57.19%

I thought I was being clever but I've hosed my system I wanted to upgrade to a bigger disk The old disk I'll call it HD is an ancient Gb SATA I drive The new one HD is a MB SATA II drive What I did was Create a partition on HD format it to NTFS label it D System image backup to D Boot Puppy Linux Live USB stick GParted - remove partitions on HD repartition format to NTFS Copy the Recovery Image folder from HD to HD Boot from Windows System Repair DVD Try to restore the recover image to from HD to HD The recovery starts but then fails quickly with an error quot Unable to restore to backup media quot error text might be slightly different from that but I think the reason might be it's trying to recover to the drive where the recovery image is stored Is there any way out of this Surely these recovery images should be portable

A:Recovery image based disk upgrade - can't restore to backup medium

I am not quite sure what you were trying to accomplish. How did you "copy" the image in step5. Are you using Windows 7 imaging. When you repartitioned HD80 with GParted, did you remove the partition that contained the bootmgr (usually C or the system partition). That bootmgr is needed to get the recovery partition going.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/253880-recovery-image-based-disk-upgrade-cant-restore-backup-medium.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Looking for feedback on this new desktop. I am looking to replace a Dell XPS435T / 9000 that I purchased in April 2009 which has served me well.

1. Does the XPS Tower VR require s "Pure Sine Wave" UPS like the XPS435T / 9000?
2. I am planning on having a total of there hard drives in addition to the SSD. Based on the information that I have seen this seems to be possible.
3. I am also trying to determine exactly what 512GB M.2 SSD is being provided.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989306
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys. For some reason, my IE won't let me go to security level medium low...I want to try that out, because I'm having trouble with javascript and flash. I've done some java tests and I am 'enabled' yet some sites, such as weather.com, say that I am not. I also have trouble loading java links - in the bottom corner i get the "javascript: void(0);" I'm using windows XP and IE 6 with windows service pack 2. So if anyone knows why I can't go lower than medium on the security settings please tell me - and how to go lower. any help at all is appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello:I can't afford a new computer right now and I wanna know how can I find out what the Best? parts I can get to upgrade my tower. It dosen't play games very well IE Steam games. Also where can I gtet these parts? Thank you Larry

A:I would like to know how to upgrade my tower please

@BigLarryMan?, welcome back to the forum. Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  You can upgrade the processor, memory, video card and power supply unit (PSU). The processor and memory upgrade information entries will give a list of compatible upgrades. Newer video cards require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS.  The last video cards that didn't require UEFI are the GTX 660/670.  They are very powerful cards.  As for the PSU, I like Corsair products.  I recommend at least 500W.  A modular PSU is good for a small case because you only have to use the cables that are absolutely necessary. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-would-like-to-know-how-to-upgrade-my-tower-please/td-p/5698493
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi:
I need help with my Dell Precision M70 with adm password and where is the EEPROM chip. someone please help me out! :dead:

My email:[email protected]
Thanks
Raul

A:Dell Precision M70

Need more information mate.. be more specific..

What about the admin password? reset? or need to set one? Forgot?

EEPROM is general located on the motherboard generally next to the onboard graphics and i dnt know why its generally near there.. google images to see what it looks like

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m70.107417/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell Precesion 390 workstation that I need to ugrade the CPU in, does anyone know what processors the motherboard will accept?

A:Dell Precision 390

You have not told us what motherboard is installed, now which processor. They differ in some Del Precisions... or give us the Service Tag

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-390.123123/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade this computer so that I can use if for music. I took one of the 300gb hard drives out and replaced it for a 2tb - I didn't realise the drives were raided. How do I turn raid off and use it normally.

Also does anybody know the memory cards that are supported - it currently has space for 8 - however there are 4 1gb memory cards currently installed.

Many thanks - please reply asap

Rob

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19708887
Relevancy 55.04%

how do i open the case on a dell precision 370? i want to install a second printer card and can't figure this out

A:dell precision 370

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ws370/en/ug/skycvrop.htm#1059310

and for all info

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ws370/en/ug/skycvrop.htm#1059310

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-370.744318/
Relevancy 55.04%

Had a KDM-MTFX9320 320W TFX. Ordered a KDM 320W FLEX MFX 9320C. Will this work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-a-dell-mini-tower.1165462/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell tower (see details below) and it started having problems freezing about a week or so ago. It has gotten worse to the point where I have to reboot by pressing the power button 5 or more times a day. I ran an Avast full scan and an Ad-Aware full scan with nothing found.

Here are the system details:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3818 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461477 MB, Free - 333973 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, HMA51-BZ
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

A:My Dell tower is freezing.

I uninstalled some "junk" and disabled my IE add-ons and accelarators but it still freezes. Clt-Alt-Delete does nothing - I have to hit the power button to reset it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-dell-tower-is-freezing.1138619/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been buying Dell XPS computers for the past 15 years (I have 6) and I don't understand the new XPS tower.

Why does the Dell XPS 8910 have a laptop optical drive instead of the standard 5.25 desktop optical drive? I always thought of the Dell XPS as the top of the line consumer computer, but laptop optical drives are less reliable and have poor read/burn quality compared to desktop optical drives.

Did Dell really remove the front 5.25 bays from the tower? Why would they do this on the XPS tower?  I need the front bays to install two 5.25 optical drives.

I see the XPS 8900 has the standard drive and bays, but is that model discontinued? Are there other Dells that have the front 5.25 bays? It appears Dell also removed the bays from the new Inspiron desktop line.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990777
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi All nbsp I want to upgrade the CPU on my M desktop serial number B A FR Currently I have an Intel celeron G GHz nbsp Searching the Internet I found this list nbsp http shop lenovo com us en desktops thinkcentre m-series-sff m -sff tab-tech specs nbsp Intel Core i - MB Cache up to GHz Intel Core i - MB Cache up to GHz Intel Core i - MB Cache up to GHz Intel Core i - MB Cache up to GHz Intel Core i - MB Cache up to GHz Intel Core i - MB Cache up to GHz Intel Core i - Tower CPU THINKCENTRE M73 ... upgrade MB Cache up to GHz Intel Core i - MB Cache up to GHz Intel Pentium G MB Cache GHz Intel THINKCENTRE M73 Tower CPU upgrade ... Celeron G MB Cache GHz nbsp This list is fot the small form factor model I have the desktop tower one Do they they use the same motherboard Any suggestion nbsp From the base configuration I already upgraded the factory GB RAM to GB RAM replaced the HDD with a SSD model added a better NVIDIA graphic adapter and updated the OS to Windows bit nbsp Catalin

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/THINKCENTRE-M73-Tower-CPU-upgrade/td-p/3474325
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an e-tower 333c Cyrix M2 processor 20 gig hard drive, 96 megs of Ram...(upgradeable to 256) with a TriGem Delhi3 board - Socket 7
I'm thinking of upgrading the CPU, but it looks to me like the best I can do without major surgery is 366..... e-machines went to socket 370 after that.
Can I get a socket 7 chip higher than 366 that will be compatible with my board? KENNY

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, does anyone one have any ideas on how to upgrade the psu on my acer aspire X3812. I want to upgrade the graphics card but it wont run on 220w. Does anyone know of a new pc case that maybe i can upgrade to or even a new psu unit that is 300w or above. I have looked at new cases but they need details of the board etc and i dont know it. I have little knowledge about this, only what i have been reading in forums etc so if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it. Thanks Kellie x

A:How do i upgrade the PSU on my low profile tower

I searched a bit and think that Acer may be a "micro ATX" PC, but I am not positive. There are a few 300 plus watt micro ATX power supplies available at Newegg.com. Of those offered, the FSP brand would be my choice--they are about 60 dollars.

I'm reasonably sure that micro ATX motherboards will fit in any standard ATX case. If you had a standard ATX case you would not be limited to micro ATX power supplies.

With your existing case, you are likely limited to "low profile" graphics cards. An ATX case would remove that limitation.

I'd look at the documentation that came with the PC or do a Google search to try to confirm that the X3812 is in fact "micro ATX". If it is, then your choice is to decide whether to get a higher powered micro ATX power supply or to replace the case.

I'd also consider the costs of all that compared to a new PC that is ATX rather than micro ATX.

A program such as Speccy might reveal if you have a Micro ATX PC. Get Speccy here:

http://www.piriform.com/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/197383-how-do-i-upgrade-psu-my-low-profile-tower.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am working on a Dell Precision 360. A friend brought it to me after taking it to a computer "repair" place, because the man there told him it could not be fixed. When I first turned computer on i got "ABC" GREEN AND "D" AMBER which tol me that there was another issue with the computer. WHen i opened the CPU up, I noticed that the CMOS battery was missing. I installed a new CMOS battery, and I tried to restart it. Now when I restart i get "AB" AMBER "CD" GREEN. DELL says that this is a memory module issue. I thought maybe the RAM was bad, but when I put new ones in I get the same error lights. What can be going on here. Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 54.61%

Can anyone run Windows 7 on a Dell Precision 370? I have seen ppl say it is running. I had 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate working on my 370 for a few minutes. Then I installed Win 7 SP1 and it crashed. Now, I cannot get it to start or even freshly install again. I get Blue Screen Of Death ...F4 error, and it reboots. Does anyone have it running at all on a 370 or after SP1 it failed like mine? And which version of Win 7? Thanks (Sorry if this is wrong place to post. I am new here. Any help would be appreciated. )

A:Windows 7 on a Dell Precision 370?

Given that Dell ONLY supports XP on this model and no device drivers for Vista/Win 7 it's a hit or miss on whether it will even work with Vista or Win 7. You are in "uncharted territory".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/176808-windows-7-dell-precision-370-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

I am running win7 RC 64bit on my Dell precision T5400. I presently have one quad-core xeon e5410 2.33ghz, but the motherboard is dual socket, so I can add in another processor.

I am looking at putting in a xeon e5440 2.83ghz, in addition to the existing e5410 2.33ghz.

My question is, do both processors have to be that same speed? is it possible to have a 2.33 and a 2.83 running together?

A:Dell Precision add processsor

both cores have to be the same speed because the instructions are hyperthreaded (they are put into the first avail cpu) and if not the same speed they would take diff amts of time to complete. If your dell suports it you could also out 2x2.83 for speed or 2x2.33 for budget

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/18260-dell-precision-add-processsor.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,I have just bought a dell precision 5510 laptop. The laptop is not turning on at all. The charger looks like it is working since the light at the end of the power chord is lit. Having said that there is no visual feedback that the laptop is getting any electricity. I am not sure if there is any light that is supposed to light up if it is getting the required power. I would appreciate any help on the matterThanks a lot Mark

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989826
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,I have just bought a dell precision. When I try to switch it on nothing happens. The charger seems to be working as the light at the end of the cable lights up. There is no feedback at all from the laptop. I do not know if there is supposed to be some light lighting up on the laptop to indicate that the laptop is switched on. I am trying to leave it charging to see if it works at some point in time. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help. Thanks for your time.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989818
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey my dell started to do this thing. I turn the laptop on and all I get is a black screen with a white dash on the top left corner, there is no bios screen or the dell logo it does it as soon as I turn it on. Every now and then it works and windows loads but then I get red lines on the screen and it will lockup or the screen will shut off.

One last thing I ran the built in dell diagnostic tool and everything passed.

A:Dell Precision m60 problem

Go through this:

Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

Could be faulty Ram or HDD (it's all in the guide)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m60-problem.124404/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

Need help with the location of USB 2 drivers for the above PC. Looked everywhere, and have spent about 3 hours trying soo hard to find them....Im sure we must of downloaded the whole net...(NOT QUITE).

Please get back to me ASAP...Cheers.

BTW Dell website didnt have any!

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys, I had an incident with my laptop and I'm not sure how serious or easy my problem is. My laptop was dropped from about 3 ft. and suffered a dent on the right back side. When I got it, it was obviously shut down. I turned it on and I had a message (unfortunely it happened only twice and can't remember exactly): "Please insert or replace Media Bay Port..."

Everything seems to be working fine besides the fact that my CD-Rom is not working along with my audio. Can I just change these items? or is there misconnection with them? Thanks guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-m90-problems.741465/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

I have a Dell Precision T7500 Certified Workstation what is the best monitor connection to 15 vga monitor

best

chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-t7500.1170505/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi 
Im not sure if this is the right place for this ( just joined)
I have also found many threads discussing this topic but none with my exact problem.
My dell precision m6600 has recently had display issues. The laptop turns on and runs perfectly however the display wont turn on. If i connect it to an external monitor it works and runs through till the windows 10 logo and then the external monitor goes black also?? other times it will go through to the log in screen however the picture will be disfigured and there will be little green blocks all over (frozen) 

A:Dell precision m660

Sounds like it has a faulty GPU -- to confirm, run the Dell diagnostics (F12 at poweurp to get to the boot menu that allows you to run them).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986738
Relevancy 54.61%

Alright, well my little brothers comp needs to be reformatted, and I choose to get windows 7 for it. The thing is I dont know if his comp can handle 64 bit, as well as I want to know how many cores he has. Its an intel xeon 3.0 ghz, I've looked at the comp hardware details which didnt show much to me. Is there a program I can install or something to find out? I tried everest and it didnt show me anything other than what I knew. So do you guys think you can help me out?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello gays
I need help. I have got dell precision t3600 when trying to install windows7 not detecting the drives
310 raid card is there and I downloaded the drivers also still the problem is not solved
It's came with windows7 professional 64bit
The previous owner was formated the disk
When I used windows 8.1 it's working well . But I want to use windows 7

A:Dell precision t3600

Hi Yagoub Zaky,
Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.
Do you get any error message when you try to install the drivers or windows operating system?
From where are you installing the drivers i.e. dvd media or Dell Support site?
Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.
Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995971
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Guys,

Wat the best link to search for dell precision 410 drivers

video card
network card

searching under dell website still can't find the driver tat i want..

anyone know and do let me know ..

thanx

A:Drivers for DELL Precision 410

Not here?
http://support.dell.com/

It has Dell precision 410 workstation drivers. Probably the motherboard chipset drivers contain what you need.

Without the service tag or serial number I cant get deeper.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-for-dell-precision-410.462289/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have bought Dell Precision which I paid euro It came with pre installed Ubuntu nbsp However this laptop uses Nvidia Optimus technology which is does not have stable support for Linux When connecting external monitor I get random crashes when switching mouse between integrated and external screen I have tried to update to latest Bumblebee project but 5510 Dell Precision still have sporadic issues nbsp Another issue is that sound card random disappears and then I need to turn off the laptop unplug the charger wait plugin the charger and boot the computer at which point MOST of the time sound works again or at least partially I have contacted Dell Dell Precision 5510 technical support which said since I have bought the laptop for the company they are not able to refund my money and take the laptop back but they can only replace Dell Precision 5510 the laptop nbsp I have tried to update to latest Ubuntu but the sound issues persist Please I BEG YOU explain to me why are you selling PREMIUM Linux incompatible laptops at such high prices without telling people it uses incompatible hardware What should I do now I am getting very frustrated euro is a lot of money to buy a brick that I can not use Who can I sue Where can I get answers nbsp Did I just waste a tone of money just so that I need to buy a new laptop from different manufacturer to continue my job How can you let this things happen nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983426
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i have one Dell Precision T400 with one CPU. What i need to install the second CPU? Thank you.

A:Dell Precision T7400

Hi mkmanx,
Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.
Please find the details on Page 27 and 150 from the below link:
http://dell.to/2fhfwaa
please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.
Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996863
Relevancy 54.61%

Does anyone know what the 775 limitations are on this board? I can't access the CPU support and Im not sure of the 45/65nm support? I want to upgrade just the cpu on an old workstation to give 64bit support for more RAM (which I already have). I'd like to put the E5700 Wolfdale in but again, not sure. If anyone can recommend the top 3-4 processors that I can use it would be mucho appreciated.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=91

A:CPU upgrade for workstation

It's not capable of utilizing more than 2GB of RAM, so not sure how you'd potentially need 64-bit to address what it can handle now.

I'd look at upgrading personally, compared with today's technology that motherboard is woefully inadequate and by the looks of things only supports very early LGA 775 processors anyway. You essentially be throwing money at obsolete technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-upgrade-for-workstation.180338/