Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 will not detect speakers via audio jack.

Q: Windows 7 will not detect speakers via audio jack.

Hi there, I've been having some real frustrating experiences trying to get my speakers to work. it all started when I replaced my hard drive after the old one died. The speakers I plugged in via audio/ headphone jack stopped working. The computer doesnt recognize any playback devices through the jack. But it will recognize my usb headphones no problem. I've tried every possible solution to this problem already listed on other sites (updating drivers, checking sound to enabled disabled audio devices,ect.) and none of them have worked. Any ideas? Also please dont post the whole "go to device manager and update drivers, or check sound to enable devices", I;ve already done that and it didnt work. Im looking for some real insight, not just a "solve all" solution.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 will not detect speakers via audio jack.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 will not detect speakers via audio jack.

I remember having a similar issue years ago and it turned out my speakers were analog and the card was digital. When I swapped something out, I had to correct the settings on the speaker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-will-not-detect-speakers-via-audio-jack.196426/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a windows 10 laptop and up until yesterday everything was fine , and suddenly it seems that my audio jack doesn;t detect my headphone. I connect my headphone to the audio jack, but the sounds just came out my laptop's speaker. I've tried to switch to my earphone and the result is the same. I've tried several solutions like uninstalling my driver or trying to get to the sounds properties , but the results are the same. Please give me your help , and btw I'm new here.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64745-audio-jack-seems-not-detect-my-headphone.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello all I am reporting a strange issue I am using E with Windows -bit with Realtek HD Audio driver as shown below My computer also has quot DELL AUDIO quot management utility nbsp Previously both laptop speakers and external headphones were working plugging does detect not in any E7440: Jack anymore Audio fine and E7440: Audio Jack does not detect any plugging in anymore whenever I used to insert the pin of my headphones into the audio jack a small pop-up used from DELL AUDIO utility used to pop-up to select the type of device I just inserted What happened was as usual I inserted the headphone and pop-up appeared I somehow click outside or closed the pop-up without selecting the type of device Since that day whenever I re-insert the pin into audio jack it behaves as if nothing happened I did try to fix it by the following methods but still same problem -- Inside the DELL AUDIO utility there is an option to enble or disable pop-up under the menu quot Advanced gt Jack Information quot I tried to toggle it thinking that it might reset the pop-up -- nbsp Inside the DELL AUDIO utility there is an option to restore to default settings under the menu quot Advanced gt Restore Defaults quot But this also did not help -- I uninstalled my audio driver from device manager While E7440: Audio Jack does not detect any plugging in anymore restarting of the computer after uninstall it automatically installed the audio driver again Once I did this my speakers also went off In other words no sound from either laptop internal speakers nor from audio jack I had to restore my computer back to one of the restore points to undo this driver uninstall and reinstall -- I also tried to update this DELL AUDIO utility via quot DELL client system update quot utility But it seems this utility has some issues too as it never proceeded as intended I had to do another system restore to get my computer back on track Current situation is laptop E7440: Audio Jack does not detect any plugging in anymore s internal speaks work fine and any plugin to the audio jack does not show up pop-up to select type of the audio device while the DELL AUDIO has the option to show pop-up whenever a new device is inserted I did not check in any other operating system yet But I am pretty sure its the problem of DELL AUDIO utility Any guidance will be highly appreciated by me as well as the people around me who have to listen to my stuff because of this audio jack issue Best Regards Junaid

A:E7440: Audio Jack does not detect any plugging in anymore

Hello. There have been a lot of posts this year about the jack not being detected on Dell laptops with Realtek audio. I suggest that you try installing the native Windows audio driver. The method is similar to what you did when you uninstalled the realtek driver.
Open the Device Manager (type devmgmt.msc into the search box), then expand "Sound, video and game controllers". Right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio" and select to uninstall. This time put a check mark in the option to delete the files, and then ok. When you reboot, Windows will either install its own native driver or another Realtek driver if there were any other versions on the hard drive. So go back to the Device Manager and check for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & rebooting (deleting the files each time) until Realtek no longer appears under Sound Controllers. Eventually you will see "High Definition Audio Device" (the native Windows driver) in place of "Realtek High Definition Audio",
The jack should work with that driver. If it does not and if you are still under warranty, report the issue to tech support.
If the jack does work, then next download and install a fresh copy of the Realtek driver. The Dell Audio Manager is really a truncated version of the Realtek Audio Manager. I'm not sure but you might get a fresh copy of the Dell Audio Manager with the fresh copy of the Realtek driver. The actual Realtek Audio Manager has better controls for the headphone jack but apparently one cannot get it in a Dell laptop.
If it still does not work then try a driver directly from the Realtek site. (Go back to the native Windows driver each time before trying any different Realtek driver.) You might want to try both of the drivers that Dell offers and the one from Realtek.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19587903
Relevancy 75.68%

The driver claims to be installed properly but there is no sound coming from the speakers or headphones except inexplicably the beeping noise when you set it on the dock The beep comes from the laptop speakers on undock and through my T420 speakers or sound audio no jack. from plugged-in desktop speakers on docking nbsp I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver manually I have let Windows reinstall the driver T420 no sound from speakers or audio jack. on reboot I have tried the alternative Dolby driver but nothing is working It installs the driver says it happened correctly the on-screen volume overlay pops up when I use the volume controls but there is no sound The mixer shows all volume sliders at max nothing muted and of course I've tried toggling and untoggling all of them muting system volume does mute the docking beep nbsp nbsp This just started out of the blue when I turned the machine on today I've been using it for over a year without any issues What do I do how do I troubleshoot this I tried the windows troubleshooter which was obviously no help nbsp The Thinkpad T is a model QKU Dock is a mini dock series I've been using the Conexant audio driver for over a year without problems nbsp nbsp

A:T420 no sound from speakers or audio jack.

If you right click on the speaker icon in the lower right near the time, and select "playback devices", your speakers should be shown with a green check mark; and if you right click on the speakers, you should be given the option to test etc.      What happens when you do that, do you see the speakers set as default, and can you test and hear sounds successfully? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420-no-sound-from-speakers-or-audio-jack/td-p/3419683
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Majic Jack that has always worked great... until my Grandson downloaded music to his MP3 player. Now I have no sound on my computer. I have a CTX S791A monitor with built in speakers. The volume adjust is no longer in the tray and the sound comes over the phone instead of the speakers. I have no idea what to do but have deleted all the stuff he downloaded and that did not help. Appreciate any help with this!
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1021 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, 96 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114470 MB, Free - 89685 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0H1290
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

A:Audio playing through Majic Jack phone and none through speakers

Try updating/reinstalling the audio drivers.

Using the Service Tag# from your PC case, search the support section of the Dell website. You will see all of the drivers for your PC listed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-playing-through-majic-jack-phone-and-none-through-speakers.1037974/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I'm Artekis A year ago sevenforums helped solved my BSOD problem Now I'm back for help on audio problems I recently noticed that the front not working speakers/cup right sided Jack, Audio Front audio ports of my Windows PC do not work properly I plugged in both speakers and my headset and the right side of the speakers do not work as well as the right side Front Audio Jack, right sided speakers/cup not working of the headset cups The back Front Audio Jack, right sided speakers/cup not working audio ports work perfectly fine for Front Audio Jack, right sided speakers/cup not working both my headset and speakers As a result I can safely say that it's a problem with my front audio ports According to the Sound tab I have VIA HD Audio which is integrated audio on my ASUS motherboard There also seems to be NVIDIA High Definition Audio in the sound controllers section of the device manager According to some people on Sevenforums it's used if you want to use a HDMI cable to connect audio from my PC to the TV Is this correct So what should I do to get my front audio ports to work I will gladly provide any information that can help solve my problem Thanks -Artekis Edit Just a little update but the front audio panel worked perfectly fine from both cups of my headset for a couple of seconds after I restarted my computer But it quickly switched back to the left cup working only However the mic jack in the front doesn't work at all

A:Front Audio Jack, right sided speakers/cup not working

Check the front panel connection on the motherboard. Reseat the connection (unplug and then plug back in).
The front panel headphone jack may have developed a problem, which is not uncommon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/358604-front-audio-jack-right-sided-speakers-cup-not-working.html
Relevancy 73.96%

2nd hand HP G56 running windows 7. Audio has never worked.
No sounds from speakers. Sound from audio jack (but sometimes crackles).
Realtek audio. Latest drivers installed.
Master control is set to speakers; volume at max.
Speakers icon in task bar set to max and shows volume bars 'bouncing up and down'
Detects headphones being plugged into jack (so the speaker cut off off unilkely to be jammed)
Audio troubleshooter detects no problems

I'm beginning to think I'll have to take it apart unless anyone else has any ideas?

TFAI

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/391940-no-sounds-form-speakers-audio-jack-works-fine.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all I recently Realtek Manager Audio HD speakers does not auto-detect updated my AMD drivers as Civ Beyond Earth asked me to Since then the Audio Manager has not been Realtek Audio HD Manager does not auto-detect speakers able to detect the speakers automatically I regularly plug in and unplug my headset and previously the system would detect it being removed and automatically switch the sound to come out of my monitor a small TV For some reason it now switches to Optical out which I have nothing connected to Plugging the headset in resets it to Speakers and I can hear sound from the headset I can't re-enable Speakers as my playback device as it's listed as 'Not connected' even though it is The only solution I've found is to completely restart which I shouldn't have to do every single time I unplug my headset I'm going to try disabling all the audio devices on control panel and then restarting to see if it detects the correct ones again I'll edit here if it works

A:Realtek Audio HD Manager does not auto-detect speakers

Apparently a problem with the AMD drivers. I assume you are connecting via HDMI to the TV.
Roll back the AMD drivers to the previous version and see if that fixes it.

When you are using HDMI, the PC sound, e.g. RealTek is not being used. The sound is generate in the Video Card.

When an HDMI cable is plugged in the Video Card detects that and sets a flag for Windows that HDMI is connected and Windows will automatically make the HDMI the Default Playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/350424-realtek-audio-hd-manager-does-not-auto-detect-speakers.html
Relevancy 73.53%

i would really like it to autodetect what im using because its annoying having to change the settings all the time, i can turn the SPDIF on when im useing speakers but i dont get any sound from it anyone know how to autoset, or a pragram that will do it for me? registray hack?
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-set-audio-card-to-auto-detect-speakers-or-spdif.722746/
Relevancy 73.1%

i have a hp laptop that i use for dj but when i connect external speakers it has static when connected to audio jack from computer when i unplugg my ac adapter the static dissappears

please help step by step instructions

A:[SOLVED] external speakers has static when connected to audio jack from computer

i was able to fix the problem it had something to do with the ac adapter i was using a 3 way socket plug that caused the static but when i changed the plug into a 2 way socket there was no static now im playing music with a crispy clear backround

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-external-speakers-has-static-when-connected-to-audio-jack-from-computer-661819.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all I recently got the i7 version of this laptop and noticed that the speakers rattle a bit when vocals are being played and the headphone jack makes everything sound like it has REVERB added to it...??? It sounds like I'm in a chamber. I updated everything, anything I can do or no?

A:Dell inspiron 7559 audio problem. Speakers and headphone jack.

1 week now. Anything or should I call? This is terrible.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19682172
Relevancy 73.1%

I have an hp mini - and o s is windows starter edition IDT high definition audio codec driver ONly firewall is through Norton s security program Several weeks ago began getting browser redirects and brief page flashes on screen It seemed like something on the background was happening despite only having a document open Kaspersky did not reveal any virus A week later lost audio in external headphone jack then days later the speakers stopped working Device mgr did not reveal any problems Uninstalled above audio driver without success audio was not muted and speakers were on default all obvious things checked volume Reinstalled system back to factory but no change contacted hp support but after hours of help they could not detect anything The only thing they did not look at was a virus They simply told us to return system to their service depot for repair replacment At last minute I did another reinstall with no change in audio I hear nothing through speakers but in jack with headphones I hear crackling noise When I run audio test on speakers I see the mini. update Lost Driver speakers, in unsucessful jack in audio hp audio levels go up and down but no sound Now since the reinstall my system is incredibly slow dragging Ran malwarebytes with no virus detected If it was a hardware problem why would the system speed and internet download speed be affected Can you help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413598/lost-audio-in-speakers-jack-in-hp-mini-driver-update-unsucessful/
Relevancy 73.1%

I basically dropped my laptop onthe carpet with the earphones in. Now  the audio jack is pushed inward.  Whats the best way to go about  fixing this issue without me having to take my laptop apart?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19987937
Relevancy 64.5%

My Mother board is GIGABYTE - Socket 775 - GA-G41MT-S2PT (rev. 2.1) , Installed Windows 7 64bit , all the drivers installed and sound also plying well the problem is when i plug headphone it not detect as headphone , but sound came from both , i tried to use realtek manager to separate the devices, but didn't work , here is Screenshot. please help , thank you.

A:Headphone detect as speakers windows 7

Are you plugging in the headphones in the front of the tower or back?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/headphone-detect-as-speakers-windows-7-a-705365.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My Mother board is GIGABYTE - Socket 775 - GA-G41MT-S2PT (rev. 2.1) , Installed Windows 7 64bit , all the drivers installed and sound also plying well the problem is when i plug headphone it not detect as headphone , but sound came from both , i tried to use realtek manager to separate the devices, but didn't work , here is Screenshot. please help , thank you.

Detection is a driver issue. Try using a different version of the Realtek drivers.

From past experience, Realtek and Win7 don't work well together. Trial and error to find a driver version that will work...if you are lucky. I finally gave up and switched to an addon sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-detect-as-speakers-windows-7.1106992/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi coolkasun

Please do not create duplicate threads.
Continue replies in your original thread: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1106992-headphone-detect-speakers-windows-7-a.html
Thank you.
Closing thread

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-detect-as-speakers-windows-7.1106994/
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok here is my problem First off I have an ASUS Crosshair V Formula Motherboard gt When I install Ubuntu my audio Speakers Motherboard 7 Wont Detect Solved: Windows In works perfectly gt When I install Windows ultimate bit and install the chipset drivers and audio drivers that come on the cd that came with the motherboard and the ones off there Solved: Motherboard Wont Detect Speakers In Windows 7 website the computer wont detect Solved: Motherboard Wont Detect Speakers In Windows 7 my speakers gt When I have my audio controller in my BIOS set to HDMI output and I boot up windows and right click on the speaker in the bottom right and go under playback devices it just says Realtek HDMI output gt When I have my audio cotroller set to SPDIF output and right click on the speakers it just says SPDIF output gt In both occasions there are Solved: Motherboard Wont Detect Speakers In Windows 7 speakers listed in the playback devices but no matter what I plug into any audio jack it says they are not plugged in And ive tried my speakers and different headphones into both the front and rear audio jacks in every possible combo plus my speakers work fine on my laptop gt I also went into control panel and into the device manager and uninstalled the audio drivers and reinstalled them both from the ASUS website and from the cd that came with my mobo gt The last things I tried is to reinstall Ubuntu and again the sound worked perfectly gt I then immediately installed Windows again and even after reinstalling the chipset drivers and the audio drivers Windows did not detect that anything was plugged in Normaly I wouldnt mind just leaving Ubuntu as my OS however I am a gamer and all the games that I play only work on Windows This is FRUSTRATING me severly so any help would be greatly appreciated THANKS IN ADVANCE nbsp

A:Solved: Motherboard Wont Detect Speakers In Windows 7

A few thoughts. You would only select the HDMI output, if you are using the HDMI output for your audio. Speaker detection is hardware and driver based. And unless I'm mistaken, speakers won't show connected via a digital output (ie: HDMI or SPDIF). Also, if you are testing using the "rear jacks" and "front panel", then it sounds like you are using the 3.5mm analog jacks. In which case, you wouldn't select SPDIF in the audio setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-motherboard-wont-detect-speakers-in-windows-7.1021230/
Relevancy 62.35%

So, for some reason my speakers; Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers that I got a while ago aren't detecting on my computer. The speakers work, plays audio through my laptop and my phone, but not through my desktop. Tried to play it through the headphone jack on my monitor (which works) and it didn't play either.

~~~

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
MOBO: gigabyte ga-99fxa-ud3
CPU: AMD FX-8320-8 core processor ~3.5GHz
GPU: Asus HD7870 GHz Edition -HDMI-

Sound 1 - ASUS VS238 (monitor)
Sound 2 - Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
Sound 3 - Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
Sound 4 - Speakers ~ my headphones

~~~~~

Can anyone help me with this? It's driving me nuts

A:Windows doesn't detect my speakers? Detects headsets/headphones

RESOLVED: I reinstalled every driver I could find, and something did it. So if you're having this problem, do the same!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/315644-windows-doesnt-detect-my-speakers-detects-headsets-headphones.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Well my jack is broken since a few months so no joy for me I hate it now when I can't listen Can audio USB jack?(My 3.5mm from broken) is I to Directly output jack to my music on my speakers in my room NO KIDDING LOL And today I was thinking about HDMI Audio Yes but - I don't want to cut my only one hdmi cable which my parents use So I thought maybe my Can I Directly output audio from USB to 3.5mm jack?(My jack is broken) USB port can emit audio I have some spare USB cables lying to throw out could I make it possible to connect a mm jack with the USB to the white and green cables USB pinout and wiring pinouts ru I don't care if it will be mono sound or stereo I just want sound in my speakers again Also Can I Directly output audio from USB to 3.5mm jack?(My jack is broken) I don't know If I had to post this in the Hardware amp Can I Directly output audio from USB to 3.5mm jack?(My jack is broken) Devices section but I personally think this question fits better here P S I think I'll need some software if yes I am running Windows Home Premium bits SP on a Acer Aspire G Intel i m ghz gb ddr ram ATI Radeon Mobility HD M GDDR free usb ports on the right side for the mouse on the left HDMI Ethernet and VGA on the left side power source adapter which also was broken but I've fixed it Edit Btw I don't want to Well Can't spent any on any adaptors now Edit Well else I will have to get the screwdriver openup the laptop and connect some wires to the laptop speaker But that's the last thing I want to do If nothing else will help

A:Can I Directly output audio from USB to 3.5mm jack?(My jack is broken)

You will need an adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/205043-can-i-directly-output-audio-usb-3-5mm-jack-my-jack-broken.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello my dear fellow windows 7 users!

A few days ago, one half of the jack of my external speakers got stuck in the female jack of my PC laptop.
I am using Realtek HD audio, and I wanted to ask whether it is possible for me to somehow disable the jack and have my audio played through my normal inbuilt laptop speakers, seeing as I will be needing audio from my computer as soon as possible.

Here is a snapshot of my audio devices - and as you can see the speakers and headphones are under one device so I can't switch between the two..

Please help
Thanks alot.

A:Audio jack stuck in PC input jack...?

You will need to get the broken piece out. Sometimes a strong magnet will dislodge it. Some RealTek's have a control panel that will allow you to reassign jacks, but I don't know if that will even do you any good.

If you have one it will be located in Start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/262534-audio-jack-stuck-pc-input-jack.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello my dear fellow windows 7 users!

A few days ago, one half of the jack of my external speakers got stuck in the female jack of my PC laptop.
I am using Realtek HD audio, and I wanted to ask whether it is possible for me to somehow disable the jack and have my audio played through my normal inbuilt laptop speakers, seeing as I will be needing audio from my computer as soon as possible.

Here is a snapshot of my audio devices - and as you can see the speakers and headphones are under one device so I can't switch between the two..

[IMG]http://s13.**************/4acoxik13/help.png[/IMG]

Please help me guys thanks alot

A:Audio jack stuck in PC input jack...?

There is a contact switch inside that audio port that switches the built in speakers off when a jack is inserted.
This is a physical switch so the issue is hardware. I doubt there will be any software solution for it.

So your mission is to remove that broken jack. If you are uncomfortable taking a laptop apart you might consider taking it to a repair shop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/262537-audio-jack-stuck-pc-input-jack.html
Relevancy 60.2%

please help,

My headfone jack (incorporated on the motherboard) is broken, and I bought a USB adaptor to conect my head fones, but it has a low quality.
I came to know that it's possible to switch the microfone jack to use it has a audio jack, but I cant figure or research how. I use windows home premium 64bits.

appreciat any RE.
tks

A:how do I switch micro jack to a audio jack

Some, but not all, have the capability to reallocate jacks. If you have RealTek, the RealTek HD Audio Manager that is located in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound Panel is where its located (but not on all RealTek's). If you have some other on-board audio check to see if there is a simi;ar Audio Manager and the options.

If there is no jack reassignment available for your PC/motherboard you can use the rear Speaker jack for headphones. Some also have a "Line Out" and you can also use that for the headphones.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/260137-how-do-i-switch-micro-jack-audio-jack.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Since I've had windows 10. Every time I plug in my earphones into the audio jack on my laptop, I get a noise and a popup says. "you've just plugged a device into the audio jack" When I take it out, I get another noise and a pop up saying "You just unplugged a device from the audio jack" It's so annoying. I know when I'm putting the my earphones in and out. :) How do I get rid of it ? Regards.

A:windows 10. Audio jack problem

I think: Bottom left of the Pop-up is a wee tick box, saying something like "Do not show this again"

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-10-audio-jack-problem-4595404/
Relevancy 59.77%

When I plug headphones into the headphone jack, the internal speakers turn offas expected, but there i no audio from in the phones. I hear a very faint, steady,  tone in the phones. Laptop is a Lenove G50, windows 10, phones are tested good. Is there a setting I need to use to turn on the headphone jack?

Moderator comment: Details added to subject for clarity.

A:G50 - Windows 10 - audio output jack

I had the same problem and it bugged me for a long time. The solution I found worked for me was to go to Control Panel and open it. Then go to the top right hand corner and click on ?View by:?Choose from the drop down menu ?small icons?. You should now see a list of options. Look for an icon that has a headset on it. Run your arrow over it and you should see the program name ?SmartAudio?.  Click on the icon and it will open with two separate windows on your left. One window will have a microphone icon and volume control, the other a speaker and volume control. Plug in your headphone and the top icon (speaker) should change to a headphone icon. You can now adjust the volume and you will (hopefully) find the headphones work. When you unplug the headphones the speaker icon will return. Hope this helped.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-Windows-10-audio-output-jack/td-p/3268360
Relevancy 58.91%

Since upgrading to windows 10, the rear audio jacks does not work. Since this is a media computer, not having the surround sound system working is frustrating. The left front jack works. The rear jack stopped with Windows 10

A:No sound from rear audio Jack since Windows 10

solution accepted 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/No-sound-from-rear-audio-Jack-since-Windows-10/td-p/5819713
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I just gave m laptop to be repaired in HP and when I got back, the audio jack (Headphone) was not working. The speaker is working fine but the audio jack is not working at all. I couldn't even find the headphone in playback devices. I tried to upgrade my Laptop from windows 8 to 10, but no luck there Laptop Model: HP ENVY TouchSmart 4 UltrabookOS: Windows 10 (Upgraded from windows 8). All updates are installedProduct Number: D2X03EA#ABD I tried all the options I could find on the internet. Please help. Thanks and Regards,Vivek

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Jack-Headphone-Not-working-Windows-10/td-p/5612239
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I just gave m laptop to be repaired in HP and when I got back, the audio jack (Headphone) was not working. The speaker is working fine but the audio jack is not working at all. I couldn't even find the headphone in playback devices. I tried to upgrade my Laptop from windows 8 to 10, but no luck there Laptop Model: HP ENVY TouchSmart 4 UltrabookOS: Windows 10 (Upgraded from windows 8). All updates are installedProduct Number: D2X03EA#ABD I tried all the options I could find on the internet. Please help. Thanks and Regards,Vivek

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Audio-Jack-Headphone-Not-working-Windows-10/td-p/5612239
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,

I've just installed Windows 7 and was very happy to see all the hardware working, even my Realtek HD Audio sound card, except the front jacks.

On windows XP I could solve this by with the Sound Manager that comes with the realtek drivers, and select the "Disable front panel jack detection" check box. Unfortunately, after installing the Vista drivers, I could not start he Sound Manager app beause it said it worked only on Windows Vista.

So, if someone knows a way I could start the manager or how I could set the "Disable front panel jack detection" by modifying the registry, or ofcourse, any other way to make the front jacks work, please help.

Thanks

A:Front jack not working for Realtek HD Audio on Windows 7

I installed it and run it as is and have no problems, everything's working. I don't have to run in compatibility mode or anything. Maybe uninstall it and reinstall
Realtek

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/3225-front-jack-not-working-realtek-hd-audio-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a computer with a 2ghz processor and 1gb of ram. I have Windows Vista Ultimate installed on it. Every now and then I swap out the hard drive and put in a hard drive that has Windows XP Pro on it. When I do this, there are no audio sources detected and even when I try to download drivers it still does not work. It is a fairly new motherboard with an onboard soundcard. Is it possible that Windows XP is not compatible with the motherboard? How can I fix this so when I put the hard drive with Windows XP on into the computer, it detects the same audio devices that the Vista sees. I would rather not use a dual boot. Please help.

A:Windows XP will not detect audio devices

are the xp driver loaded onto the xp drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-xp-will-not-detect-audio-devices-212605.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My HP e t has a I/O 7 Windows cannot auto-detect audio built-in Realtek sound chip with multiple i o ports The digital port is a toslink The analog ports are Windows 7 cannot auto-detect audio I/O mini-ports The problem is that Windows Ultimate x won't auto-select which audio port to use Realtek tech support told me that Windows specifications allow their driver to output to audio xor digital audio ports The hardware can do it Windows 7 cannot auto-detect audio I/O but Microsoft won't allow it Microsoft sounds TV stations with analog audio tracks and optical disks with analog audio tracks will play only through the audio output TV stations with digital audio tracks and DVDs with digital audio tracks can output to the digital toslink port to my Dolby Windows 7 cannot auto-detect audio I/O receiver amplifier with up to discrete audio channels The big problem is that you must manually configure either analog or digiral audio outpout in Windows to match the audio or digital sound track of the source media each time you switch from one to another I use media center with a hauppauge dual tuner If I watch channel local ABC analog feed and switch to channel local ABC digital feed I must manually reconfigure the Windows sound system to output to the appropriate audio output At the same time I lose all other windows sounds which will only work through the analog outputs If I tune back to channel I must again reconfigure windows sound system back to analog True I could leave Windows configured for analog audio and not hear the discrete audio channels The rub is that it's no longer a stereo world and is the norm My old receiver amplifier doesn't have but it can detect whether it is to output mono stereo matrixed dolby surround or digital dolby Why can't Windows Why would Microsoft dictate to Realtek that it cannot autodetect and switch outputs or just output to all outputs so that the external receiver amplifier select the desired sound source I expect a new Microsoft Media Center machine with Windows Ultimate should be able to auto-select audio outputs Recommendations are desired

A:Windows 7 cannot auto-detect audio I/O

Quote: Originally Posted by mfaklis

My HP e9280t has a built-in Realtek sound chip with multiple i/o ports. The digital port is a toslink. The analog ports are mini-ports.
The problem is that Windows 7 Ultimate x64 won't auto-select which audio port to use. Realtek tech support told me that Windows specifications allow their driver to output to audio xor digital audio ports. The hardware can do it, but Microsoft won't allow it. Microsoft sounds, TV stations with analog audio tracks, and optical disks with analog audio tracks will play only through the audio output. TV stations with digital audio tracks and DVDs with digital audio tracks can output to the digital toslink port to my Dolby 5.1 receiver/amplifier with up to 5 discrete audio channels. The big problem is that you must manually configure either analog or digiral audio outpout in Windows 7 to match the audio or digital sound track of the source media each time you switch from one to another.

What's an optical disk with an analog audio track?

A CD? A CD does not have analog tracks, it has digital tracks except that they are encoded in Stereo.

For it to come out the digital port has nothing to do with anything else except for the fact it's "encoded" at 5.1. The other sources you mentioned are encoded Stereo so they are coming out of the analog output.

Using the Realtek control panel under the Speaker Configuration.... have you tried selecting "Speaker Fill".

This enables Stereo sound to output on a 5.1 system.

Also, make sure you're using a recent Realtek driver.

Ap

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/105193-windows-7-cannot-auto-detect-audio-i-o.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I have a problem with my front audio jack. The cause of this problem may or may not be the DAW reaper. I set my front headphone jack on my laptop as reapers input and the speakers on the laptop as its output. This did not work so I uninstalled the program. I tried to use my headphones but there is nothing. I uninstalled all the drivers for Realtek and reinstalled them. I have also tried system restores, 4 times. They keep failing regardless of whether Avast is off or not. The speakers work, and when the headphones get plugged in (they work on my phone and other PC's in the house perfectly fine), they are recognized by Dell Audio. The problem is, the only thing in the playback tab in sound (hidden or not) is speakers and a monitor I don't want to use. Can anyone help me diagnose the problem? I really want to use my headphones again.

A:Audio Jack Problems (Dell Inspiron 15 3537, Windows 8.1)

I set my front headphone jack on my laptop as reapers input and the speakers on the laptop as its output

I have 3 Dell Inspiron 15 Notebooks [1 bought new and 2 resurrected] and have only the one Headphone jack on them.
Maybe your device needs the Microphone jack for the input of audio instead of the Headphone/Speaker jack?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/66285-audio-jack-problems-dell-inspiron-15-3537-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,
Everything was ok with sound but now the computer doesn't detect any sound devices like amplifier, headphones, speakers, etc. The computer does find the audio card, but not devices. Please help.

Relevancy 57.19%

I m not sure whether my problems should be posted upon this section quot Windows XP Home and Professional quot or quot Am I infected What do I do quot Problem windows 30 minute running. after device" windows audio detect "no detect no audio device Local Area Connection not connected after start up for - minutes render every program running afterward no SOUND Known symptoms - warning message Data Execution Prevention decided to close this program Generic Host Process for Win Services Publisher Microsoft Corporation Generic Host Process for Win Services encountered a problem and needed to be close - right after Windows start up Control Panel gt Sound and Audio Device have Realtek audio detected and everything if perfectly fine after - minutes afterward a strange loading occur then Sound and Audio Device detect no audio device every program running after the strange loading occur cannot initialize Direct Sound then terminated some program can still be running but no sound at all every program running before the strange loading occur include system sound firefox s flash sound still able to play its sound perfectly fine - right windows detect "no audio device" after 30 minute running. after Windows start up Network Connection gt Local Area Connection to my modem connected it s perfectly fine as everyday after - minutes afterward ADSL connection being cut and the Local Area Connection is no longer detect modem Repair option cannot re-new IP address as quickly as if no modem being connect to PC Possible cause I suspect - a Virus Trojan malware from a porn ADS accidentally clicked in an imagehosting s viewer page nothing happen at that moment but after shut down PC and then power-on the Known symptoms appear - a malware directly tranfer from Hamachi virtual LAN network one of network participant blaming he got a disastrous virus through hamachi but he formated his PC already I don t know whether he face the same problem as i am - S W A T The Stetchkov syndicate i recently bittorrented from piratebay org a few days ago What have I done this far - using http www windowsecurity com trojanscan scanned PC some cookies and a trojan found in years ago unused software - using Kaspersky Antivirus scanned PC in normal mode full scan hours virus trojan found in years ago unused software - using conbofix scanned PC after closing all program possible the combofix request a restart due to Daemon tool s virtual drive disably then perform scanning PC as described in http www bleepingcomputer com combofix how-to-use-combofixafter hours have passed no sign of completion from the proclaim minutes long scanning I decide to terminated combofix by clicking the X button in its top right corner the only side effect seem to appear is the disfunction of Daemon s virtual drive unable to initilize AND some files being left in C - using Kaspersky Antivirus scanned PC in Safe mode full scan hours nothing found - using Hijackthis scanned PC then analyzed in http www hijackthis de no irregular found - using SpyBot search amp destroy scanned PC in normal mode some cookies and spyware megaupload toolbar found - using malwarebyte s anti malware scanned PC in normal mode nothing found - looking in Device Manager after the Known symptoms occur Sound video and game controllers - gt Realtek High definition audio is still there and working properly Network Adapters - gt NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller is still there and working properly my PC spec - Windows XP professional SP version - AMD Athlon X Dual Core processor GHz Ram GB The problem still existed I need to restart windows every time i want to re-establish SOUND LAN after the strange occur What should I do I still believe this is the work of virus but I ve never heard any virus doing something like this PS sometime the blue color XP taskbar revert back to grey color Classic taskbar EDIT Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum Hamluis

A:windows detect "no audio device" after 30 minute running.

Please perform the following:Download the following:Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.Do not run a scan just yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326851/windows-detect-no-audio-device-after-30-minute-running/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, my name is Conan. I have installed Windows 7(Ultimate, 64-bits) in 2009, my previous os was Windows XP(32-bit). Although I am really happy with W7 there's something which is a big turn-off. The sound, that is, it hasn't worked on W7 ever since I installed it. It's not the devices that are the problem, they all work perfectly fine when connected to my iPod. As a matter of fact, It's quite obvious what the problem is, windows doesn't detect any connected audio devices. Here are some screenshots:

I have already downloaded the latest Realtek driver, but this also didn't detect any audio devices

A:Windows doesn't detect any audio devices: no sound

Well,

Yes, Win 7 has detected an audio device. What it's not detecting is that you have speakers plugged in.

Do you have a set of speakers you can plug into the back (green) speaker jack?

Or maybe a set of headphones into the front (green) headphone jack?

If it didn't detect any devices you wouldn't see those options.

Right now you're set to output audio to "Digital Out", it's set as the default output device, plug speakers in, select "Speakers" then click on "Set Default".

Ap

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/66272-windows-doesnt-detect-any-audio-devices-no-sound.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I just wiped out and reloaded Windows XP. There is no audio from the in line jack to my speakers. There is sound from the computer. My Music Lab detects the sound but it does not come thru my speakers. The in line is checked on my audio and nothing is muted. I think I have reloaded all my drivers. What am I missing?

A:in line jack to speakers

First, check Device Manager. Any devices shown with a yellow ! are missing drivers.

Aside from that, ensure you have the correct audio drivers installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-line-jack-to-speakers.1012875/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi.
I'm using windows 10 and I have the latest version of both NVIDIA and Realtek high definition drivers, but my computer doesn't recognize anything when I plug in my headphones/earphones.
All of solutions I've seen worked with the previous Realtek HD audio manager but I have this (I think) new one.

While taking this screenshot, my headphones were plugged in, but no sign of its detection anywhere in my PC.

Does anybody have a solution for this?
Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/59886-realtek-front-panel-jack-doesnt-detect-anything.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have two monitors (one VGA and one HDMI ) to the CPU (new XPS 8700), but sound only comes out of the monitor speaker with the HDMI connection.  The other speaker does work and has been tested with a 3.5MM speaker cable.
The video card is NVIDA GTX 745.  In the audio set-up control panel from the NVIDIA, I disabled audio from the HDMI thinking that I could then run 3.5MM cable on a Y splitter to the audio out port and by-pass the HDMI cable.  I tried every port and either experienced no sound or sound in one or the other speaker.
I realize these speakers are not the best and I am fine with them.  I like the clean clutter desktop look.  
Can anyone help me to get both of these monitor speakers working?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19665201
Relevancy 56.33%

ok, downloaded wimdows 10... now i have amajor issue..lol... beats audio is completley gone, poof, see ya.. dosent exist in this laptop.. and to make matters even better  according to my sound or volume mixer  my laptop has no speakers what so ever... tried to update  driver for audio  and it is giving me the error there was a problem messege... ready to go back to windows 8.1 and say the heck with this... so any help would be greatly appriciated

A:windows 10 speakers are gone, beats audio is gone

ok .. lol figures it out.. at least gettin sound... device manager  .. sound  and game controllers... idt codec ... right click .. update drivers .. find drivers on my puter manually.. hd  def codec.. update driver ..  as far as beats audio goes.. well its gone... when and how can i get it back.... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/windows-10-speakers-are-gone-beats-audio-is-gone/td-p/5177249
Relevancy 56.33%

I installed Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5515
Specs: 3gb ddr2
Amd athlon 2650e
1.60ghz
Ati x1200

I installed the realtek audio drivers for windows vista from the Acer website,
ran them in compatibility mode and still Windows won't detect it. There are also no audio devices shown in the device manager.

A:Acer Aspire 5515 Windows won't detect audio device.

I've even tried the newest realtek drivers from thier website still no dice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/244300-acer-aspire-5515-windows-wont-detect-audio-device.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and I have a problem with sound. When I plug my speakers in front panel I have output audio, but in back panel I don't.

My Audio Manager looks like this, but front panel is enabled and back panel is disabled. It does not recognize back (ANALOG) jack.

I tried with settings in this manager but without success, I cheked Control Panel > Sound and followed instructions but still no sound if speakers is in back panel. What to do?

P.S
Sorry for bad english

A:No sound in back audio panel jack - Realtek HD Audio Manager

What is set as the Default Playback Device? If "Digital" or "HDMI" is set as default you will not get any sound from rear audio connections. "Speaker" must be set as Default Playback Device/

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/370904-no-sound-back-audio-panel-jack-realtek-hd-audio-manager.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hi 
im using dell inspiron 15-3521 whenever i connect earphone/headphone to my laptops jack only the left side of the speaker work right side has no sound (inbult laptop speaker works fine).my friend asked me to download (0005-Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R279) driver from realtek web site and  I installed it and the problem was solved and this was about 6 to 7 months back
but now im facing the same problem i did the same what i did last time  i downloded and re installed the driver but of no use the problem still presists.
so plz guide me what to do to solve the problem.
thank you umesh.

A:audio problem when earphone/head phone is connected to 3.5mm audio jack

Test by switching between the Realtek audio driver and the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.[To get back to the Realtek driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]
If it still does not work correctly when the native driver is installed, then the hardware in the headphone jack has failed.
But if the same problem is there with the native driver then you should install a different version of the Realtek driver. I might be able to direct you to one but would need to know which operating system you are using.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19677856
Relevancy 56.33%

I have had my computer, an Acer, for 6 months now. Today the speakers won't work. When I go to device managers it reads that the system is working properly; it also reads that the speakers are working properly.
I have tried updating Realtek, but there are no recent updates. I also tried disabling and enabling realtek, but that did not work. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Please Help. Speakers and headphone jack won't work.

Try reinstalling the audio drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-speakers-and-headphone-jack-wont-work.890268/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

My speakers use a standard green jack; my headphones use a usb port. Recently, when I plugged in my headphones, my speakers stopped working. They work on other computers, just not mine. Is there a way I can "re-activate" my computer's speaker capability?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi -
Sorry but I don't know the correct term for this jack.

We have a notebook computer - HP, 4 years old, Win 7 - that requires the speakers to work and be loud enough to hear at the other end of the house. For whatever reason the jack that comes out the front of the computer and runs to the speakers (the built-in speaker is barely audible) has stopped working. Sometimes it works a little, especially if I sit there and jiggle it and don't let it go or walk away. It's a long jack.

Is there a way I can plug this into something else so that we can hear the speakers?

Any help will be appreciated.

Doug

A:Problem with plug-in jack for speakers

This may be a better option for you:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829128007

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-plug-in-jack-for-speakers.195479/
Relevancy 56.33%

I just purchased a new Genius speaker set for my PC My PC is a Gateway GT with Windows Vista Until now I have always used USB speakers and they work with no problems but I wanted to try something just a bit better than the cheap that came with the system I hooked up the speakers according to the manufacturer instructions but when I connect them to the mm audio jack I cannot get any sound and control panel says quot no audio device installed quot I checked my bios and my HD audio is set to quot Auto quot the only other option is quot Disabled quot I have tried connecting to the audio jacks on the front and back I suspect that issue is likely with my Realtek audio drivers I attempted to update reinstall the Realtek Drivers but now every time I try to install the latest drivers I get an error message when the progress bar is full My old USB speakers still work but in the device manager the Sound Controller is listed as a generic quot High Definition Audio Device quot The only other possibilities I can think of is that my mm audio jacks are faulty although I have successfully gotten sound from headphones in the past I recall it was a bit of a pain to get them working and I don t remember exactly what I did or that work connected jack Speakers won't to 3.5mm my new speakers are DOA Update Speakers connected to 3.5mm jack won't work I managed to solve the problem It was the Realtek Drivers as I suspected I ended up using DriveSweeper to completely remove the old Realtek drivers Then I went into safe mode and Speakers connected to 3.5mm jack won't work reinstalled the drivers Now my speakers work great

A:Speakers connected to 3.5mm jack won't work

Glad you solved it, happy computing .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438850/speakers-connected-to-35mm-jack-wont-work/
Relevancy 56.33%

I want to get my MP3 player running through my CD player's speakers. Can anyone help?

A:Headphone jack to stereo speakers

Are you talking about a "boom box" type cd player? If so, your stereo needs to have some type of aux input. You can use the headphone jack of the mp3 player as an output but keep the volume low. Inputs are normally line level so they don't need a lot of power sent to them to amplify the music. Infact, sending too much of a signal into an input can damage a stereo. try to balance it so the volume you here from a cd and the mp3 player are the same. .1 watt is enough for the line level input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-to-stereo-speakers.487836/
Relevancy 56.33%

hello all found your site looking for help so here goes dell dimension c intel pentium ghz windows xp home gb ram sigma tel high definition audio codec my speakers have stopped working Front Speakers Only Jack In Work from the rear green jack point but they do work fine Speakers Only Work In Front Jack from the front jack point I have used dell pc checker and trouble shooter but no good pc checker did not even pick up any errors I have checked all the properties for crosses or exclamation marks all ok i have uninstalled updated Speakers Only Work In Front Jack re-installed rolled back the drivers for the sigma tel but no go All volume controls and setting are ok remember the speakers and sound are fine when plugged in the front of the pc Speakers Only Work In Front Jack No trauma to the pc so could be software but thought fixing drivers would repair this fault Pc is months old Sound was ok only noticed the fault when son who used to plug headphones in the front jack to override the speakers to listen to music while we watch tv unplugged the headphone speakers from the front jack and the sound never came back on to the speakers Only get sound now when we remove jack from rear and plug it into the front HELP

A:Speakers Only Work In Front Jack

Welcome to BC
The speaker jack in the back is built into the motherboard. The jack in front is connected by wires to the motherboard. Since the front jack works, we can assume the sound card/onboard sound is working and the speakers are OK. I'd probably try to update the audio driver, just to make sure. Either the rear jack is damaged or the front jack could be wearing out (depending how it is internally connected) If you're comfortable in doing it, try disconnecting the front jack and see if the rear works. You might have to move a jumper to do this. I'll have to look at their manual to make sure
Mark.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122990/speakers-only-work-in-front-jack/
Relevancy 56.33%

Can powered speakers with subwoofer be connected to the headphone jack? Computer does not have audio out. HP says yes but did not sound  very sure. Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Speakers connected to headphone jack

Thanks. I have two speakers with a sub woofer that is powered.  So you are saying it should be ok to plug in these speakers

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Speakers-connected-to-headphone-jack/td-p/5578776
Relevancy 56.33%

No matter which Jack cable I plug it into, it shows up as "speakers" and it plays weirdly, not like it used to, this happend this morning when I tried to re-plug it into the Jack itself, it came up as "Speakers" Then it plays sound weird, unlike it used to yesturday?

A:Headphone jack showing as speakers?

Refresh the sound. Go to the Device Manager, Sound, Video and Game Controllers section. Uninstall your PC's sound but DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. This fixes a lot of problems and may fix yours.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/126902-headphone-jack-showing-speakers.html
Relevancy 56.33%

So I installed windows 7 and ever since my speakers and jack don't work, I tried deleting the devices in device manager and they still don't work, also I have a somewhat old computer which may be part of the problem? Oh and my usb headset does work.

A:My jack and computer speakers don't work

Have you tried setting the speakers as your default playback device?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-jack-and-computer-speakers-dont-work.176766/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Recently I reinstalled my Windows XP and now I have problems getting the old machine to detect my speakers I went to download the driver Cannot detect speakers from Realtek but each time it tries to install halfway through a blue screen will appear and I have to restart the computer This has happened about or times and I Cannot detect speakers am not sure what is the problem I downloaded the EVEREST program and here is the report on the details of my computer Computer Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX c Computer Name ANONYMOUS User Name Owner Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Stoneville D PESO PCI AGP DIMM Audio LAN Motherboard Chipset Intel Springdale i PE BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter RADEON SERIES - Secondary MB Video Adapter RADEON SERIES MB D Accelerator ATI Radeon RV Monitor Philips E quot CRT Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel EB ICH - AC' Audio Controller A- A- Storage IDE Controller Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers IDE Controller Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive Maxtor R L GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive WD EACS External USB Device GB USB Optical Drive BENQ DVD DC DW DVD R x DVD-R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Please advise on what I can do to allow my speakers to work properly Thank you so much lernet

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-detect-speakers-405407.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Recently I reinstalled my Windows XP and now I have problems getting the old machine to detect my speakers I went to download the driver from Realtek but each time it tries to install halfway through a blue screen will appear and I have to restart the computer This has happened about or times and I am not detect speakers Cannot sure what is the problem Cannot detect speakers I downloaded the EVEREST program and here is the report on the details of my computer Computer Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX c Computer Name ANONYMOUS User Name Owner Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Stoneville D PESO PCI AGP DIMM Audio LAN Motherboard Chipset Intel Springdale i PE BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter RADEON SERIES - Secondary MB Video Adapter RADEON SERIES MB Cannot detect speakers D Accelerator ATI Radeon RV Monitor Philips E quot CRT Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel EB ICH - AC Audio Controller A- A- Storage IDE Controller Intel R EB Cannot detect speakers Ultra ATA Storage Controllers IDE Controller Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive Maxtor R L GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive WD EACS External USB Device GB USB Optical Drive BENQ DVD DC DW DVD R x DVD-R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Please advise on what I can do to allow my speakers to work properly Thank you so much lernet nbsp

A:Cannot detect speakers

Hello and welcome.

Did you try the help given to you on this forum you posted on:

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6122_102-0.html?threadID=354632

Look forward to your reply.

JB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-detect-speakers.852974/
Relevancy 55.9%

How Headphone Dell + + Audio Jack notebook Loud audio can I uninstall Dell Audio and only have the legacy Realtek Driver and Software in my XPS L x I installed some time age the default audio driver that Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio I got from quot Dell Drivers quot this installed the quot Dell Audio quot quot MAXX AUDIO quot I already uninstalled this thing run CCleaner deleted the folders and downloaded and installed the legacy Realtek R Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio driver but this thing Dell Audio is always installing with the driver nbsp My system audio is ridiculously nbsp loud I need to put my system audio in somewhat to get quot normal audio quot the only way I get realistic quot normal audio range quot is using my SteelSeries Wireless Headset with USB this way the system audio goes to automatically and I control the audio with the scroll located in the headset even in max audio I get a quot normal quot it s loud but not EXTREME like the Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio notebook audio Another problem when I plugin my Apple Earpods they simple doesn t work I already tested them with tons of devices at home and they are working great The system doesn t even recognize them I think that everything would be resolved if I could install the Leagacy Realtek drivers amp software not this loaded with bloatware from Dell I don t care about quot MAXX Audio quot quot MaxxSense quot and all this BS If you look with attention all the settings located in this quot Dell Audio quot menu are the same in the Realtek Software but with some quot swag quot that for me is nothing Another bad thing with this dell driver I get three softwares in quot Auto start quot they are C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe MAXX C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe IM C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe -s With the legacy one I would get only one or two I have a SAGER NP high-end notebook for gaming and in this one I have the legacy Realtek driver and the audio is superb no bloatware nothing In resume the problems Very loud audio from notebook Audio-jack not working Dell Blotware The solution Give me the legacy Realtek driver

A:Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio

I forgot to mention in the main post, and I can't edit it, so here it goes:
First, Sometimes I need to run LiveUSB Linux distros in this notebook, and the audio in them is all great, realistic audio range, 100% loud but not extreme, everything OK.
Second, I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro up-to-date.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19580041
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey Everyone, Bit of an issue I've had here ever since I "upgraded" to Windows 10. My audio is playing through both my headphones and my speakers simultaneously. What I've already tried:Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.Installing Realtek.Uninstalling drivers and then shutting my laptop down, then restarting it. None of these have done anything to alleviate the issue so far. Also, in the other forums I've read on the topic, everyone talks about having either a "Speaker/Headphones" option or separate "Speaker" and "Headphone" options in the playback tab of the sound bar in control panel, but I only have this:   There's only an option for the speakers, even when I enable viewing of disabled devices. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Windows-10-Audio-playing-through-both-speakers-and/td-p/5650621
Relevancy 55.9%

So I built this computer a few weeks ago with Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything sound-wise has been working til a few days ago, but I have been working through some video problems.
Since this started on Friday, the sound mixer/volume control shows sound playing. But nothing comes out the speakers. When I click the top, it doesn't say 'speakers', it says 'Realtek audio'. When I click that, the sound window comes up and under "jacks" it says "rear optical jack." The top says S/PDIF. Those are both formats that I have never used on this system. I've always used only the rear panel analog jack.

Anyways, I feel like I've tried everything under the sun and I'm close to RMA'ing the motherboard. It's that bad. Anyhelp is uber appreciated. Thanks guys

A:No audio in speakers -at all-, Windows is playing sound

Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel. In the Playback section, your "Speakers" should be set as the default playback device. It sounds like the digital is now set as playback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/269614-no-audio-speakers-all-windows-playing-sound.html
Relevancy 55.9%

No Audio or Sounds from Speakers or No Sounds Speakers Audio after from upgade to or Windows 8 Headphone Jack after upgrade to Windows Compaq Presario CQ - DX Processor Intel Celeron Ghz GHz x bit OS Windows Pro Audio Driver Sound Processor Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio Windows -bit Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Windows -bit The Laptop originally ran on Windows and I updated No Audio or Sounds from Speakers after upgade to Windows 8 the OS to windows and upon doing this the audio stopped completely from all audio sources ie windows sounds speakers line- in heaphone jack I tried Disable Reenable driver Rollback driver uninstall reinstall and discovered that the driver is not supported for windows Upon learning this I have tried other Audio Drivers i e Realtek HD Drivers etc and no avail I ve recently updated to Windows and it auto reinstalled the original audio driver and still no sound I have also checked all Audio Codecs and still no luck even going that route When I play an mp on let s say wmplayer the volume bar will move up and down with the levels of the song that s playing as per usual but I get no sound Volume level can be at and there won t be any noise at all no distortion white noise just silence This happens no matter how sound is being produced music videos games internet windows sounds etc And trying to get audio from headphone jack doesn t work either Does anyone know of any solutions to the out of date driver issue I am having Seems that the driver not being compatible with win is where the errors began Is there a fix for this or am I best off getting a usb audio driver and running my sound that route Thanks in advance

A:No Audio or Sounds from Speakers after upgade to Windows 8

Which do you have? The Conexant or RealTek? You must have the correct driver. e.g. the RealTek will not work with the Conexant, or the Conexant will not work with RealTek hardware.

8.1 does have some compatibility problems with some devices. Its sporadic and not all is affected. But, if it didn't work with Win 8, it may not be an 8.1 problem. In most cases (actually all that I've seen) Vista/Win 7 sound drivers work with Windows 8. (In my case I have RealTek and the Windows 7 drivers are compatible with Win 8 and Win 8.1).

One other thing to check is the Default Audio Playback device. Assuming you have the correct sound driver installed, the "Speakers" (PC's sound card) should be set as the default audio playback device. If HDMI or Digital is set, the speakers will not work.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/36966-no-audio-sounds-speakers-after-upgade-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Heya I've got an HP dv t- I've a recent Win clean install on it and I cannot get the speakers to work properly This particular machine comes with a pair of Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofers which means it has two run of the mill laptop speakers and an additional subwoofer under each speaker I have installed the latest drivers from HP's driver page They actually don't have drivers for Win so I'm using the Win ones The installation runs smoothly and I can see the Beats Audio control panel However only the normal laptop speakers are being driven No sound comes with Audio Beats 10 work speakers Cannot to get Windows out of the subwoofers After a lot of Cannot get Beats Audio speakers to work with Windows 10 attempts with HP's drivers installing with compatibility mode on telling windows to update the drivers from the device manager and tweaking every possible setting in the sound controls I wound up in this reddit nbsp thread I followed the steps essentially replacing the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC that came with HP's drivers with Win 's generic High Definition Audio Driver Naturally this has removed the Beats Audio control panel since it removed the previous drivers that came with it There are sound devices according to the device manager High Definition Audio Device Speakers Intel Audio and nVidia Audio These names may not be accurate I have no access to my computer right now I suspect the Intel device manages HDMI audio this may be completely off however I've tried installing Win 's generic drivers to check if it had anything to do with the problem to no avail I have not tampered with the nVidia drivers as they didn't seem to be related Win 's generic drivers made the left subwoofer work but it stopped driving all of the right laptop speakers the right subwoofer never actually worked Balance is Cannot get Beats Audio speakers to work with Windows 10 at for both sides and no sound settings have made a difference The option to have a sound setup is grayed out in the configuration panel and only the traditional two-speaker setup is available Most recently I have installed the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver as I was indicated lacking this could make Windows not detect all of the connected devices Unfortunately it has not helped I believe the problem lies in the fact that Windows does not detect that there's more than two speakers and it is not powering all of them as a result But I am guessing at this point I'd appreciate anything you can come up with as I am at a loss as to what to try next

A:Cannot get Beats Audio speakers to work with Windows 10

Hi: See if this driver works for you...install and restart the PC. This package contains the driver that enables the IDTHigh-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system. File name: sp63555.exe And yes, the Intel HD audio is for the HDMI port and not the onboard PC speakers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Cannot-get-Beats-Audio-speakers-to-work-with-Windows-10/td-p/5631668
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello All, I have a sony vgn fs900s laptop, i purchased it used without a OS. I have installed Windows 7 pro. Everything working but no sound?
System tray shows a Digital Audio (s/pdif) divise. The divise manager says
the divise is working. I have tryed to download new drivers? When the computer boots I hear bios sounds from the speakers, but no Windows
startup sounds. It does not matter if its a dvd or internet video, still no sound. When I open up the speaker icon in the system tray I can see the
volume going up and down. Very new to Windows 7, maybe I 'm muted somewhere? This is a Microsoft internal high def. divise. The Jack info. says Rear Panal Optical Jack. Please Help, Thanks

A:Laptop has no sound, speakers or headfone jack

I wold suggest that you download and run the Windows 7 advisor:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

This will tell you if your laptop can run Windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-has-no-sound-speakers-or-headfone-jack.891426/
Relevancy 55.47%

I was wondering if I could direct my microphone input strait to my headphone jack so the sound input could be heard on headphones. Also, could I disable the feature that turns off my built-in speakers when I plug in headphones. I have a hp pavilion dv9000 with vista installed. any help?

A:Solved: microphone to headphone jack and speakers

I use an external mixer for this kind of thing- that way I can not only use the headphones to monitor the inputs, but my mixer allows me to select one input among many while not disturbing the mix.

Even an inexpensive mixer will have multiple mic or high level inputs and many will have the ability to add reverb or other effects. They can also feed one or more computers for recording (and/or backup of main recording).

letchworth

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microphone-to-headphone-jack-and-speakers.936822/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi.

I've recently bought a laptop online with no OS installed on it. I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and downloaded all drivers from the manufactures website. Everything works fine except there is no audio coming through the headphone jack or built-in speakers. I have spent majority of today looking online for answers on how to fix this issue and have found nothing that works.

The laptop model is a HP Pavillion dv6-1007tx.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: When I plug in a HDMI cable to the laptop, sound comes through my TV.

A:No sound through headphone jack or laptop speakers

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager? Are you sure you have installed the proper audio driver for Windows 7 64 or 32 bit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-through-headphone-jack-or-laptop-speakers.197543/
Relevancy 55.47%

Basically my laptop fell on the floor with headphones in the jack, and the jack is now jammed up inside the laptop so no sound works. Does anyone know how I get it repaired and how much it will be roughly?

A:no sound works at all (headphone or speakers) as jack is dam...

Hi, you could download the maintenance and service guide from HP.com to see if the connector is mounted to the mainboard and if it would be a difficult repair.  If so, you might use something like the Sabrent USB audio adapter as a workaround.  I have one and it works well.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/no-sound-works-at-all-headphone-or-speakers-as-jack-is/td-p/5632591
Relevancy 55.47%

Where I work, the IT department made the mistake of purchasing computers with built-in speakers. We do not want the speakers to function at all, only any sound put through the headphone jack. After disabling the speakers, we found that YouTube no longer works, which is a problem.

That said, is there a way to permanently disable the speakers, leave the headset jack enabled and still allow YouTube to continue playing videos even if a headset is not plugged in?

A:Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?

I'm not sure if this will do what you want, but type sound into the search bar, click on change sound card settings, right click the speakers and select disable, then select the headphones and at the bottom click Default. That should disable the speakers and use the headphones for all sounds.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/34357-disable-speakers-keep-headphone-jack-enabled.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I usually listen to music with speakers through the headphone jack. When I unplug the speakers, the music plays through the stock laptop speakers like it is supposed to do.

However, all of a sudden, the sound has only worked through these external speakers. It plays fine through the headphone jack, but when I unplug the speakers, the laptop speakers do not work.

I have restored the computer to an earlier point that I know they were working, but still nothing.

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1705.

Any help would be appreciated.

roughneck

A:Sound through headphone jack, but not laptop speakers

I don't know what happened, but they are working now.

roughneck

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/69694-sound-through-headphone-jack-but-not-laptop-speakers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys I ve been trying to look for a solution for this all over but I ve had not much luck I bought a Logitech Z Surround Sound speaker set for Boxing day and I wanted to work a all with speaker Using regular speakers a setup 5 5.1 in jack only them with my laptop I know that in Using all 5 speakers in a 5.1 setup with only a regular speaker jack order to fully output the audio I will need either a PC with output or a USB external sound card to use with my Laptop but after reading around I ve noticed that it is possible to mirror the audio coming from your Front left and right speakers Using all 5 speakers in a 5.1 setup with only a regular speaker jack to your Rear left and right speakers as most Using all 5 speakers in a 5.1 setup with only a regular speaker jack audio is only available in stereo as far as I know Does anyone know a method to perhaps allow all speakers to work with just a output Channel Mixers etc I ve tried different plugins with Winamp and Foobar but non of it seems to be helpful In addition there s a static noise coming from the center speaker whereas the rest are fine I tried the speakers with my desktop which has an external sound card from Creative I know my question is lengthy but any help is appreciated And I m not looking to have PERFECT results since the speakers were nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-all-5-speakers-in-a-5-1-setup-with-only-a-regular-speaker-jack.971172/
Relevancy 55.47%

Monitor w/ built in speakers is an HP f2105.

Windows 7 32bit

I turned my computer off for a week. The first time it's ever been off in 5 years. It has an onboard Realtek soundcard. It worked perfectly before leaving for vacation. I come back and there is no sound. Headphones work and the speakers work when plugged into the front panel headphone jack.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and making Onboard Sound Card "Enabled" in BIOS. Is it likely that the onboard sound just stopped working while being shut off or is there another underlying issue?

A:Speakers only work plugged into headphone jack

Will the headphones work when plugged into the back panel (green jack)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-only-work-plugged-into-headphone-jack.154320/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all,
New to the board here, and want to say hi
I'm hoping to get some help, I'm pretty good at trouble shooting problems with my comp. but I'm stumped on this one. I've rebooted, checked all volume levels, ran the sound test and sound comes from both speakers as well as the headphones,all drivers are up to date, and there are no yellow exclamation points on speakers or sounds. I have music playing on my windows media player and nothing, you tube ...no sounds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You...

A:[SOLVED] No sound from speakers or headphone jack

Hi -

Go into Device manager and un-install all devices under the sound tree. Then re-boot.
START | devmgmt.msc

Vista will re-install upon boot-up & logon. Test audio - any difference?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-no-sound-from-speakers-or-headphone-jack-363164.html
Relevancy 55.47%

someone had taken my stereo system. i was thinking about hooking up my speakers to my hp laptop. is there a way i could do that. i thought i could splice a earphone cord and hook them up that way. but when i tried that i only could get one speaker to work. is their a way i could make it work?

A:Can I connect 3 speakers to my laptop through the earphone jack?

You would have to get a powered speaker system. That is a speaker system (left, right and subwoffer) that plugs into the AC wall plug. It would also need to have a mini-din ( earphone cord) plug like headphones do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-connect-3-speakers-to-my-laptop-through-the-earphone-jack.154829/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I have a dell studio 1555 laptop, when I have someting plugged into the jack such as headphones, the audio comes out of the jack, and not from the laptop's own internal speakers.

But when I am testing the devices in the sound settings, it lets me test for both the internal laptop speakers, and the heaphones so I know when I plug the headphones in, the hardware doesn't cut off the speakers physically.

Does anyone know how I can use both my jack and internal laptop speakers simultaneously.

In case you are wondering, I want to use the aux in the mini hi-fi in my bedroom so the sound comes out of the hifi speakers, but I want sound out of the internal laptop speakers simultaneously.

I would aprpeciate any help!!

Any please don't post links to hardware or extra compoenents as I am not that desperate, but there must be a way.

I am running windows 7, currently using

A:Use internal laptop speakers and jack simultaneously

Probably not possible without actually rewiring your headphone jack, as it has a contact tab that disconnects the speakers when headphones or external speakers are plugged in, the reason being that output voltage for headphones is a fraction of that used for the internal speakers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/64910-use-internal-laptop-speakers-jack-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hello not jack mic usb working speakers jacks and and and headphone guys speakers and usb jacks and headphone and mic jack not working i know i am new here and this is my first post but i just really need help with this problem so i took off the back of my sony vaio e series because the fan was overheating alot so i wanted to clean it out so i did when i put the laptop speakers and usb jacks and headphone and mic jack not working back together the sound was gone as well as the headphone and mic and usbs jacks i can connect a usb on the other side through the esata jack and i can hook up and hdmi cable and it plays sound on the tv i tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it and im trying to figure out what the problem is but the thing is when i install the drivers i still dont have anything for the mic come up or the speakers just digital audio hdmi drive i need ur help cuz im in college and i need this computer to work i only had it for years and this is the first problem ive had thanks in advance

A:speakers and usb jacks and headphone and mic jack not working

bump...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/239107-speakers-usb-jacks-headphone-mic-jack-not-working.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a ASUS laptop running win 7 64 bit. out of the blue the sound stopped working. no sound will come from the internal speakers, though sound is being registered in the various volume control screens. If i plug speakers into my headphone input, the sound comes out. IVe tried all the various volume/sound settings (the obvious fixes) with no luck. can someone suggest some other possibilities that might cause this problem?

Thanks so much for your time.

Scott

A:Got sound from my headphone jack abut nothing from speakers

These systems are auto sensing what is plugged in. You can try reinstalling the sound driver as one thing. Another is a "recycle" of the device - go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the device and then LEFT click "Uninstall" - DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the device. If the status with Windows was corrupt this will fix that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/140043-got-sound-my-headphone-jack-abut-nothing-speakers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I had audio issues, speakers would intermittently not work.  I upgraded the driver to sp76702 per the following advisory: -------------------------------------------------------Document ID: c05288869Version: 1Advisory: HP EliteBook and ZBook G3 - Audio Not Working After Reboot, Speaker Icon Has Red X------------------------------------------------------- After the upgrade, I can no longer get audio through my docking station or the speaker jack on the right side of the laptop.  Tested my external speakers with a different source (smartphone) and they work fine.  I submitted a case today with HP.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/audio-not-working-through-docking-station-or-audio-jack/td-p/5781106
Relevancy 55.47%

Not sure if I am posting in the right place move me if necessary Hello BleepingComputer I just upgraded my computer a few days ago and I am having problems with the Front Jack Audio Headphone Normally I set my Headphone to run simultaneous with my Speaker with Realtek HD audi Stereo Nix Disable Front Jack Detection and vice versa and I could change the volume Headphone/Front Audio Realtek HD w/ Jack Audio on both devices separately But since I changed the motherboard when I have realtek installed it doesn't have the Headphone setting in Sound Playback The headphone work Headphone/Front Jack Audio w/ Realtek HD Audio perfectly but its linked to the Speaker's volume which is really annoying Also the Realtek layout changed from the last one I got and doesn't have the Disable Front Jack Detection option Picture http i photobucket com albums ac notyellowasian Untitled- zps cdba jpg So far I have tired Installing an older version of Realtek driver Changing the audio setting in the BIOs HD or AC Changing the audio connector on the MOBO Hd or AC Tried multiple compinations with Realtek HD audio manager settings Cleaned every plugs jacks related on that So far I couldn't been able to get the Headphone tag at all when Realtek is installed Thanks --- Here's my spec MOBO ASUS P Z -V LX Audio Realtek ALC MOBO default CPU Intel Core i amp - k Hz RAM x GB DDR Corsair GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX MB OS Windows Ultimate x Current Audio Driver Realtek HD Audio R v

A:Headphone/Front Jack Audio w/ Realtek HD Audio

could try ....

Control Pane>View by category>Hardware and Sound>Manage Audio Devices>(select device)>configure

It's  a long shot, I know. Just putting it out there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520640/headphonefront-jack-audio-w-realtek-hd-audio/
Relevancy 55.47%

omg, I was switched to a different pc at my job and the person there previously downloaded realtek to the pc and im having a problem with the headphones, when i put the headphones in i get a pop up confirming the action but im still hearing music from the speaker...its really annoying because im use to just pluging in the headphones and everything being normal...im not even sure why she downloaded this program, anyhow if you can please help, i need my music to keep me sane at work, its sooo ver depressing. the operating system is microsoft windows xp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-the-headphone-audio-jack-with-realtek-hd-audio.749685/
Relevancy 55.47%

My internal speakers seem to work fine but I can't get the sound to go into my headphones when I plug in my headphones. Is there a way how to fix this?

Relevancy 55.47%

have had a microsoft tech run thru all updates on the drives . Nothing worked . Message says no speakers or headphones are pluged in. Little Res x

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/SPeakers-not-working-audio-cant-find-speakers/td-p/5841041
Relevancy 55.47%

I have 2 Samsung TV's hooked up to my PC, as well as a set of speakers. I am able to set the individual sound of each (Volume Control Panel), can set certain programs on a certain TVs or the speakers, I can set any of them as the default, but I can't figure out a way to male them all work at once, having all sounds pass through all three. Is this possible?

A:How do I make audio come out TV speakers and PC speakers simultaniously

Not that I'm aware. You can only set a single "default" device in Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-make-audio-come-out-tv-speakers-and-pc-speakers-simultaniously.1143319/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I'm using a Packard Bell laptop, Windows Vista and a Realtek sound card.

I've searched a lot to find how to NOT mute my laptop speakers when I insert something in the audio-out-jack.

The next threads say it's not possible by the hardware:
techspot.com/vb/topic140707.html
techspot.com/vb/topic130170.html
They're closed, so I can't comment on them.

BUT when I dual boot to Ubuntu (using the same hardware), I can easily choose to mute the internal speakers, or the jack, or none at all. So why can't it be possible on Vista?

A:Same audio through laptop speakers and external speakers

You answered your own question... It's a software/OS issue. If Vista's Realtek options in the Control Panel don't give you the same options as in Ubuntu, you're out of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/same-audio-through-laptop-speakers-and-external-speakers.164317/
Relevancy 55.47%

i have a dell laptop with windowsXP. about a month ago the speaker were working correctly but after some kid messed with the computer (maybe he deleted something)... now the speakers don't work.
when I go to control panel -> sound it says that there are no sound devices installed for sound playback... reading.... sound recording or anything when i go to hardware it shows this:
-LG DVD-ROM DRN8080B
-ESS Maestro 3 PCI Audio (WDM)
-Audio Codecs
-Legacy Audio Drives
-Media Control Devices
-Legacy Video Capture devices
-Video Codecs

can anybody help me?

A:Laptop does not detect speakers

Try upgrading your sound card drivers, some crucial files may have become corrupted, if there is not a newer version available, uninstall them completely and then reinstall them. If the problem remains, make sure that none of the volume control settings are muted.
BTW, this is assuming you checked to make sure all connections and cables were connected correctly and that your speaker system is receiving power. Hope this works for you, good luck :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-does-not-detect-speakers.18917/
Relevancy 55.04%

The part where you plug the headphones into the tower broke off into the front headphone jack, I then opened up the tower and pushed it out but there is still no sound coming threw the speakers. Now my question is this, regarding the spring, Does it have to be fully extended for the computer not too think anything is in the jack or not? The Spring is still in, but when looking into the hole there is a metal piece that is push over too the left as in the hold is closed, should it be pushed back? (re-bent) or something too that effect.

And if no body knows the answer too this, any way to just disconnect that whole headphone jack to i can have sound threw my speakers again. Running on a Dell Dimension 4600C

thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-broken-no-sound-threw-speakers.725542/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a studio xps running vista -bit service pack the other day i was on skype and skype mutes all other audio on the computer when on i ended up uninstalling skype and my built in webcam because i read that together they sometimes screw up audio so the next day i tried to listen to music no luck I ran a diagnostics and when it got to the colored bars and asked if i heard a beep I HEARD THE BEEP so that means the problem is a system problem and not a screwed up sound dont but Speakers work headphone does jack Internal card i think anyway i updated all of the drivers the device manager has no marks i talked to dell and the found a virus that MAY have been eating away at my registry i got rid of that and still no audio i didnt really wanna touch the regedit because im nervous cuz u can really f up a computer if your not sure what your doing i also did a system Internal Speakers dont work but headphone jack does reboot to about a week before it happened with no luck by the way under the device manager it says gt Sound Internal Speakers dont work but headphone jack does video and game cotrollers and then my options are gt ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA and gt IDT High Definition Audio CODEC So any ideas guys i dont wanna re-download the os and start over so what now

A:Internal Speakers dont work but headphone jack does

i just ran a command prompt system scan as an administrator and got the following message:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Brendon>SFC /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th
em.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
C:\Users\Brendon>

i dont know that anyone knows what that means though...

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/284412-internal-speakers-dont-work-but-headphone-jack-does.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi

Every time I wanna use speakers instead headphones,I have to use the same headphones output (green one - back panel), and therefor to disconnect and connect cables.. not very comfortable

I've tried to use the black output, and it worked, but only as a 'rear speakers', both left and right channels worked!

Is it possible to make the rear black output to work as FRONT speakers ?? this way ill be able to have both speakers and headphones available at the same time

In other simple words:Can I use rear speakers as FRONTS ?(when connector to the black rear output)

BTW;I don't wanna use the front panel, only the back panel

Thank you!

A:REALTEK|using front speakers through rear output jack - possible?

Easiest way would be to use an external speaker switch, since you do not want to use the conventional method with the front panel headphone jack.

With an external switch you could select either the speakers or headphone.

I don't know what sound you have but the only option is RealTek audio is to mute or not mute the speakers when a headset is plugged into the front panel headphone jack. There's no way, that I know of, to route primary audio to some other jack.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/355952-realtek-using-front-speakers-through-rear-output-jack-possible.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have been browsing through the forums and have not yet found a solution to this problem but a lot of people seem to be having several similar sound problems I hope someone can help me solve this I have an HP Pavilion dv notebook I had windows XP and upgraded speakers driver: Conexant problem headphones and jack to Windows Everything works wonderful except for the audio drivers Windows automatically downloads Conexant HD Audio Driver But I have two problems with the audio The first is that speakers work fine when you turn the notebook on but the driver fails after resuming from sleep mode If I restart the computer the drivers load again normally The second is that the headphones jack is not reconized when I Conexant driver: headphones jack and speakers problem plug headphones in sound comes out from both the headphones and the speakers This is not a configuration problem as the computer does not even show a headphone set when i try to change playback devices Only the speakers appear in the playback devices window I have tried disabling the automatic driver updates from windows uninstalling the drivers windows provides and installing different drivers from conexant However none seem to run or install properly I have even tried to reinstall the original xp audio drivers provided by hp and that doesn't work either I have also explored every possible audio configuration in windows and still no success I'm running out of ideas Conexant driver: headphones jack and speakers problem and after reading so many posts from different audio cards and motherboards that have similar problems I'm not even sure if this is entirely a driver problem or if it's also related to windows If someone knows the solution to this problem or has any ideas Conexant driver: headphones jack and speakers problem that might work I'll apreciate them a lot For the moment I'm seriously considering gettin USB headphones

A:Conexant driver: headphones jack and speakers problem

I have finally solved the problem!!! This is what I did:

1. Disable automatic driver installation on windows 7

2. Restart

3. Uninstall the windows 7 automatically installed drivers.

4. Restart and VERIFY that the device does NOT automatically reinstall.

5. HP site provided the original drivers and an upgrade of the original drivers for Windows XP and for my specific model.

6. I installed the original drivers for Windows Xp and installation prompted restart. (At this point the problem had not yet been solved, the headphones still didn't work)

7. I installed the upgrade drivers for Windows XP and installation prompted restart.

8. After restart all problems were solved! The headphones worked properly, the speakers were disabled when headphones were plugged in, and the drivers loaded properly after resuming from sleep mode!

I hope this works for other people who have this same issue...

****I have just noticed that the second driver's link was the same as the first driver, but I have already corrected the error and both links seem to be working.*****

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/73267-conexant-driver-headphones-jack-speakers-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Like the subject above says. The headphone jack does work, but after closing the PC and opening the screen again, it does not make any sound. When I plug it in, the pop-up still comes up to alert me that I've plugged in my headphone, but no sound comes out. It seems to work only after I restart my computer.  It began in my second week of owning it.  I've searched the forums, but I was not able to find anything like my problem.

A:HP Envy B&O speakers, headphone jack works only intermittent...

Hi @dontdomilk?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY x360 and headphone jack working intermittently. Click the Windows key and type System, then go to Notifications category. The Notifications section there is a control to show app notifications, which will turn them completely on or off as needed. You could check the selection and make sure it is on. If this is an upgraded system to the Windows 10, this feature could be missing or not available in the Windows Sound Schemes. Here is a link to check on this.You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-B-amp-O-speakers-headphone-jack-works-only/td-p/5373669
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I have a problem, which many people probably have encountered at some point.

I have this Asus K73SV notebook, but the incident happened - my headphones jack broke and is now stuck inside my notebook. Unfortunately, I can't get it out and my computer still considers that little piece as headphones so my internal speakers makes no sound.

How can I make this work? I have Realtek drivers and I don't have that option where I could disable that jack, doesn't matter which version or from where I download those drivers. And I can only see speakers through my control panel.

I saw there is an option where you can use ForceDisableJD in registry, but there is no such option in my registries.
What should I do? I tried to fix this for the whole day and I'm completely lost.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

A:Broken headphone jack stuck, how to play through speakers?

Try a magnet to see if you can get the broken plug out. You can also try to super glue something to the plug and see if you can pull it out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/323822-broken-headphone-jack-stuck-how-play-through-speakers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a pair of Logitech speakers with subwoofer and would like to connect them to my computer for surround sound using the computer's speakers as the front pair.  Using headphones I cannot find a way to make the computer speakers and the headphone play at the same time.  Please advise:Can I connect the logitech speakers as above? andif so, what software settings do I have to make?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/use-headphone-jack-for-powered-rear-speakers-in-4-speaker/td-p/5581432
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I have an Hp625 running Windows 7 Basic 32 bit - I can play music through my laptops built in speakers without any problems, but when I plug headphones (or external computer speakers) into the headphone jack no sound comes through them (and simultaneously the laptop speakers go mute). My computer is dual boot with ubuntu, and this problem appeared when I upgraded my Ubuntu version - still, I know that the jack works as it is working fine in Ubuntu, and Im sure the problem is fixable within windows!

I have tried for HOURS to fix this problem, and attempted everything obvious, plus read many threads on similar topics. Please help. My computer is using the IDT audio control panel, and according to windows everything us up to date and fine. BUT ITS NOT PLEASE HELP.

Best
Ryan

A:My laptop speakers are working fine, but the headphone jack is not!

Are you experiencing the problem in windows or in ubuntu? Have you installed the sound driver for ubuntu when you upgraded your version of ubuntu. Have you updated the sound driver for windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/237684-my-laptop-speakers-working-fine-but-headphone-jack-not.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Asus M A -EM motherboard using Realtek drivers from Asus site The front headphone jack did not work until I installed the Realtek drivers from the Asus site Actually they didnt work until I checked on Disable Front Panel Detection That got it going but the headphone not mute jack does speakers Front rear rear speakers are still playing Mute the Rear Output Device When Front Input Is Plugged In is checked on From what I've read this is simply a result of having the front audio panel set up as AC instead of HDA wires versus or is it I'll include some pics First one is how the wires are currently configured and the second is a page from the manual ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting With extra pins on the left end of the front audio board not being used I'm wondering what they might be for Are they not used or would running wires from Front headphone jack does not mute rear speakers those pins to the Presence and Sense send Front headphone jack does not mute rear speakers connectors on the audio header on the mb do anything Or are there an extra wires used on an HDA front panel Presence Sense send Sense Retur and Sense Retur TIA

A:Front headphone jack does not mute rear speakers

Hi FrostyWinnipeg and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Have a look at this: AC'97 and HD audio front panel layouts

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/150621-front-headphone-jack-does-not-mute-rear-speakers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i have a compact presario C700(CND8094VHY series number). when i plug my headset into the headset jack, i recognized dat d sound plays in both device(headset and speaker). how can i solve this problem.. i want it only plays in headset when i plug it into headset jack.. and wen i unplug d headset, i want d sound plays in speaker as normal.. can anyone help me out.. thanx

A:headset jack and speakers play sound at the same time

In device manager what sound card do you see listed?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/281873-headset-jack-speakers-play-sound-same-time.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, so, I've recently bought a Creative Sound BlasterAxx SBX 8, and I've wanted to do following: Use my regular speakers plugged in as Jack (Creative A120 2.1 Speakers) and my SoundBlasterAxx in USB at the same time, like merging both outputs into one, but I also use Razer Surround and I want to merge those channels by software, but I think there's no other option :P I've also tried Virtual Audio Cable, but I don't get it's configuration process. And on a side note, is there a way to control my SoundBlaster via the touch panel on the device instead of Windows configuration?

So, can I get any help? Thank you.

A:Using USB speaker and Jack 2.1 speakers+Razer Surround simultaneously

Windows will only allow one default audio playback device. Thus I don't think you can do what you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/376839-using-usb-speaker-jack-2-1-speakers-razer-surround-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone Not sure if this is the right place to post this so please feel free to re-direct if necessary I have a brand new Toshiba speakers? sound jack, Crackling from built-in not headphone Satellite A -S laptop that just started exhibiting a weird problem I get an occasional crackling popping sound from whatever I plug into the headphone jack I ve tried with my Bose speakers and two separate sets of headphones It seems to occur whenever the hard drive is accessed when the computer is idle I don t hear a peep but whenever I e g refresh my browser or open a program it starts crackling The odd thing is that I don t get this from the built-in laptop speakers - only from whatever I plug into the headphone jack Anyone have any idea what could be Crackling sound from headphone jack, not built-in speakers? causing this One of the main uses of this machine is playing music so this problem is putting a serious crimp in my enjoyment Extra info under quot Sound Video and Game Controllers quot in the Device Manager I have instances of nVidia High Definition Audio and instance of Realtek High Definition Audio Checking quot driver update quot tells me the drivers are up to date Not sure why there are instances of the nVidia HD Audio nbsp

A:Crackling sound from headphone jack, not built-in speakers?

*bump*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crackling-sound-from-headphone-jack-not-built-in-speakers.961897/
Relevancy 55.04%

I need help..... When I start the computer up the sound icon in the icon tray in the bottom right corner has a Red X over it like its in mute mode which it is not. I then click on it and it says that there isn't any sound devices installed or plugged in. I am on a VAIO laptop with build in speakers. So anyone know how I can fix this?

A:Window 7 doesn't detect speakers

Open device manager. Any yellow or red errors?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404568/window-7-doesnt-detect-speakers/