Windows Support Forum

Accessing Network

Q: Accessing Network

I have a problem with my hp -Notebook PC entering the internet This PC is remote connect to Wifi in a room adjacent Network Accessing to the main computer providing the Wifi The PC Accessing Network keyboard shows it is connect to the Wifi by a blue light f button but I cannot enter the internet I try entering factory setting recovery but I still cannot enter the internet I tried all the troubleshooting devices Accessing Network but it does not access the internet this includes the Wireless Internet Connection Note When I connect the Ethernet cable from the main computer to the remote I can access the internet with no problems The following info is submitted Type of Notebook PC hp - RConnected to Windows version x based PCAdapters installed are as follows Device Manager shows devices working properly but Network and Sharing Center dialog box says currently not connected to any networks Microsoft Vitual WiFi Miniport AdapterRalink RT g n WiFi AdapterRealtek PCIe FE Family Controller

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Accessing-Network/td-p/5706329
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Accessing Network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone

We have purchased 2 new HP Elitebooks and both are getting these bluescreens when accessing the network over wireless. I am assuming it has to do with the wireless cards or their drivers but this has now occured even when using just the 3G modem and VPN client

I have attached dumps, if someone could please advise what else i can try as i have already updated all network drivers, vpn software, 3g modem drivers etc

Any help will be much appreciated

Regards

A:BSOD when accessing network or network shares via Wireless

Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmilitia

Hi everyone

We have purchased 2 new HP Elitebooks and both are getting these bluescreens when accessing the network over wireless. I am assuming it has to do with the wireless cards or their drivers but this has now occured even when using just the 3G modem and VPN client

I have attached dumps, if someone could please advise what else i can try as i have already updated all network drivers, vpn software, 3g modem drivers etc

Any help will be much appreciated

Regards

No DMP files included in upload please try this method
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194749-bsod-when-accessing-network-network-shares-via-wireless.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center,
Windows 8.1
Comcast Gateway.

Pro Media can access 8.1 Network and Homegroup.

8.1 cannot access ant Pro Media.
Network Error
"Windows cannot access \\Desktop\Users\Pete\Documents' (or any other folder)

Can access IP4 address.

Windows 8.1 new machine, came with 8, updated to 8.1 then 8.1 Update.

Pete

A:Network Error accessing both Homegroup and Network

Firewall software on the computers would be the first thing to start looking at. Also make sure that folders are allowed to be Publicly shared.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/46944-network-error-accessing-both-homegroup-network.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So I set up an FTP using "http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1491"

Decent site. I cant however make it ask for a username and password.

I'm running Windows XP and if I'm on a compuer within my network connecting to the internet through my router, if i type in the FTP://IPADDRESS then it will connect, if im outside my house on a differant network it dosent work.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have just bought a laptop to replace an old XP running machine. The rest of the house has XP machines and i have always been able to access them via the old laptop through the wireless network that i installed recently. I have managed to connect to the wireless network successfully with the new laptop but I cannot find any other machines on the network - I am a vista novice and was pretty crap with XP too. Is it something to do with IP addresses? I want to be able to see the machine that has all the shared drives on. Can any one offer a user freindly solution to this as i am sure it is probably quite easy! Many thanks

A:Accessing a network on XP

Hello Willa, and welcome to the vista forums

The major issues with XP/Vista sharing are Related to the fact that XP and Vista use a different workgroup name and the new discovery system used in vista answers to both are here ...

InformIT: How to Network Vista and XP Computers Together > How to Network Vista and XP Computers Together

and Here ...

Network Map in Windows Vista does not display computers that are running Windows XP

hope this helps

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/209417-accessing-network-xp.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have windows 7 pro on two computers, how do I access complete network drives without sharing individual folders and and using passwords, I hate using passwords, and I don't have anything on my computers worth protecting, I wish windows 7 would just let me turn off all that security crap. I never had a problem with XP. Thanks

A:Accessing network drives

Thanks for the tip, but it's still not working, I keep getting asked for a password, but I don't have any passwords set up on either machine, windows 7 networking is crap in my opinion.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141123-accessing-network-drives.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have 2 PCs networked thru a Zyxel router which has just been replaced. Both PCs are Windows 10 Home.
Network Connection On Desktop PC shows connection to be Ethernet. On Laptop the connection shows Local Area Network. I'm not sure if that normal or how to change that.
The problem is that after booting the Laptop and starting File explorer, I click on Network which will show Both PCs but clicking on the other PCs name, error says cannot access but after running the diagnostic (no error) I can then access the folders on the Desktop PC.
I have searched but found nothing about a delay.
Any Ideas would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39464-delay-accessing-network-pc.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there I am new to the forums and could really use some help Hopefully someone could point me in the right direction We are trying to get a Swann DVR - to work with our iPhones outside of our LAN and would like some advice since nothing I seem to do is working I am going to attempt to give all of the necessary variables so that we can get Network Need Accessing With DVR Security Outside Help to the issue as efficiently as possible Our Static IP Current Swann DVR Settings Connection Type DHCP Media Port Web Port IP Address Gateway Subnet DNS Under Mobile Devices Server Port Equipment Linksys WRT N Router Comcast SMC Networks Modem Swann DVR - In the router settings Port Range Forwarding I added IP with as the start and end port TCP UDP are currently enabled I have turned off the quot filter anonymous internet requests quot option in security We really need this to work ASAP so any advice someone could give Need Help With Accessing Security DVR Outside Network would be greatly appreciated Until I had to try to configure this system Need Help With Accessing Security DVR Outside Network I was blissfully unaware of port forwarding So hopefully this will be an easy fix Settings Needed for the Swannview I-phone APP Address Port User Id Password Max Channel Thanks again nbsp

A:Need Help With Accessing Security DVR Outside Network

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Perhaps you also need to forward port 9000 (Media Port).

If the Comcast modem is set to use NAT, you will need to port forward on it as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-accessing-security-dvr-outside-network.1021029/
Relevancy 46.87%

My laptop crashed and I had to reset everything. I just finished getting the network to view the laptop as part of the network. From my desktop when I doubleclick the laptop connection in my workgroups - it asks for a password. I don't ever recall having set one up. I thought you could just hit enter or enter "admin" and it would allow access until an official password has been created. How can I reset this or get past this request?

Do I have to reset the drive name I gave to the laptop (from the desktop) before it crashed?

Thanks, Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-on-accessing-my-home-network.362169/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi.

I have 2 computers connected in a LAN. I want to access the other computer through the main
one. How do I do that?

Note: I do have shared folders(homegroup), but I would like to know how I can get complete
access to the other computer via command prompt maybe?

Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

I have two networks in my office. One printer is connected in one network and my desktop is connected in another network.

My network is 192.168.20.x series and the printer is in 192.168.30.x series. There are two windows 2003 servers in the 20 & 30 series.

Now I want to access the printer from 20 series to 30 series. Do I have to write any routing in my system or in the server. Mine is Xp.

can anyone guide me

Chucha

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi. My husband recently installed a Linksys Wireless G-Cable Gateway wcg200 router that is connected to our HP desktop. The desktop connects to the internet with no problem.

The problem is that I'd like to use my work-issued laptop at home, but it does not pick up a wireless signal from this router. It picks up a signal from a WiFi 4109 wireless network (and connects to it with limited or no connectivity), but I don't think that this is my router. How do I know if it is?

Since it's probably not my wireless connection that the laptop detects, why don't I see my wireless connection on the network list?

On the Linksys router itself, the wireless light is lit.

I know that my laptop has wireless connectivity because I use wireless at work and have used it in other places (airports, school, etc.).

Any suggestions in very simple computer speak would be greatly appreciated.

A:Accessing Wireless Network

Hi there,
The one stop solution to such problems is to configure your router through its web management interface, or in other words, a kind of a website running on your router/gateway. You can access this page by entering your router's IP address in your web browser from the desktop PC. Its usually something like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

You should now be presented with a login page where u have to enter your admin user and password which again is set to default values in case u haven't changed it.

I would recommend that u refer to your user manual in print or on the CD if u have it for the above mentioned default ip address and login info.

Once in, you should look for the wireless configuration section. Therein you should be able to configure a name for the access point (in this case your router) and also some security measures.

Most importantly, make sure that your router is configured to act as a DHCP server.

I would suggest that you explore all the configuration sections to familiarize yourself, because you may need to come here on a regular basis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-wireless-network.657941/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have desktops connected to internet via wired LAN to ADSL Router Modem A printer is accessible by both PCs through USB connection network printer from different Accessing to one of the desktops Everything works fine I have a new laptop and Accessing printer from different network can access internet through wireless connection to either of the desktop PCs I have used a USB dongle in the desktop and bridged the connection So for Accessing printer from different network internet e-mail all working fine on laptop My laptop is work and connects via to my Accessing printer from different network head office network via VPN Again all works ok I want however to be able to print on the local printer described above Cant find it via the XP Pro Add Printer wizard and on the laptop despite connecting to internet via one of the desktops cannot see this home network in Network Places Strangely on the desktop I can see the work network as well as the home How can I print from my laptop using the existing set up without compromising the work network and without additional hardware The laptop is in my office floors away from the printer so further cable connection no good Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hey everyone. I have a video editing program that I use quite frequently installed on a desktop running Windows XP. Is there a way for me to use/run that program from my Laptop (Windows Vista) over the network without installing the program on the Laptop? I'm trying to get around misplacing the install CDs...

Relevancy 46.87%

We have a DLink wireless modem/router, and when we set it up we entered a password as it said.
Since then, whenever we have bought a new computer, when setting it up, we've had to enter the password to access the internet.
Recently a friend was over with her iPhone and it said it was accessing our network without a password. My son said his friend was over with his laptop and had also been on the network without the password.
How can I check the security or find out whats going on?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

Well I can use my very own laptop at work ... but they tell me that WinXP Home can not access a "Domain Network"....

Is that true. My only recourse is to move to XP Pro?

Thanks!

Mike

A:Accessing Domain Network

Yes that is true. You cannot add Windows XP Home machines to a domain.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accessing-domain-network-136406.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Is there a program that can identify what program is accessing my network? I recently installed Bitmeter to keeps tabs on how much bandwidth I use as my ISP has begun putting a monty cap on usage.

Anyway I notice sometimes that when I'm not downloading or uploading that Bitmeter shows a lot of activity, like there's something in the background accessing the network. Is there a way to tell what is causing the activity?

A:What program is accessing my network?

Hello XDetoursX,

You can use to Resource Monitor to see what is currently using any network resources and more.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/210928-what-program-accessing-my-network.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Why is it that when I access two of my computers in the network, there is around 1.5 minutes delay (the mouse cursor is turned into a circle that's running around counterclockwise) before I can access them? The Windows security window also appears even though I set the advanced sharing settings of those computer to "turn off password protected sharing".

This does not happen to my other 3 computers. I'm running Windows 7 x64 on these and I disabled QoS packet scheduler and installed Reliable Multicast Protocol under their adapter settings. For the 3 other computers, QoS packet scheduler is enabled and reliable multicast protocol as well.

I tried enabling QoS packet scheduler on both the computer in question but still the problem persists.

What am I doing wrong here?

Please help. Thanks.

Relevancy 46.87%

I have windows 7 pro and i have a xerox wide format plotter scanner. When i scan plans and i then go back to my computer and access these plans through a program which accesses the network scanner, but the program can only go through and find the scanner if i deactivate the windows firewall. I have given access to the program but something is still being blocked.

Thanks in advance

A:Need help accessing network scanner

how is the scanner attached to the PC - if networked you may also need to tick other areas in the windows 7 firewall
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-security/articles/38836.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-accessing-network-scanner.926904/
Relevancy 46.87%

I work at a company, and i just got a new computer. its plugged into the network and eveything. But i dont see all of the network drives. Would i have to create an account with administrative rights to access all of these drives?

A:Accessing Network Drives

Do you have an IT person? If so, check with him/her/them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-network-drives.661953/
Relevancy 46.87%

I know a way in which this can be done over net by viewing someones whole computer screen and you can remotly access any computer from anywhere which is fine... but I wondered if there was away with out messing about seeing there whole screen and what not if it was possible to access a web cam on pc downstairs through say my laptop on my network.

so I can say see what someone is doing downstairs in kitchen... or in living room over network... with out having to open msn or mess around...

Just access my bios cam on laptop or open AMCAP on pc... so for example in my room working and i want to view whats happening in kitchen and or living room with out having to wonder down and have a look...

Could call it lazy but I like gadgets...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-webcam-over-network.809906/
Relevancy 46.87%

Have just networked two computers with a direct cable connection. We are seeing the other computer and can access and transfer files , but my daughter is wondering if it is possible to operate her scanner and tablet through the guest while operating files are on the host. Neither peripheral is plug n play (Aiptek tablet and Mustek flatbed scanner). Both are in excellent operating condition and she'd really hate to have to replace them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-peripherals-over-dcc-network.313861/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all I have a HP Pavilion laptop running Windows XP I used the Network Setup Wizard to create a home network w file and printer sharing using ICS The installation seemed to go ok I had to change the IP or my my ICS Pro Accessing XP w/ home network Netgear WGT router as Accessing my home network ICS w/ XP Pro it was needing to be used by the host pc The HP The other computer I am trying to connect is a Toshiba Tecra running XP Pro When I finished the setup wizard on the HP it told me I would have to run the same thing on all computers on the network I can t find a similar wizard on the XP Pro OS Also I couldn t make a network setup disc as my HP doesn t have a floppy drive and it wouldn t let me burn a CD who still uses floppy drives Anyways can someone tell me how I can config the XP Pro computer so that it recognizes the ICS It is connected to the network via a wireless connection just can t access anything Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have all the pc's in my home networked together so that I can access all my files from any pc.

I am in the U.K. and my wife is currently in U.S.A. is it possible to set it up so that my wife can also access the files on my network?

If so, can anyone give me a step by step guide as to how to do this.

Not sure if its relevant but my wife is using an apple laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Accessing my network from another country?

Are you using a NAS with built-in external access functionality? Or are you using simple file sharing on each of the computers?

A NAS with the functionality built in is easy to set up. Internal computer file sharing is more complicated. You would need to look into some kind of VPN software, and obviously the computers would need to be left on all the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-my-network-from-another-country.1051260/
Relevancy 46.87%

We have a very small office. We have a T1 line coming in and then use a linksys router to connect wired and wirelessly. We all have different computers with different OS. All of the sudden one of the computers is not connecting to the network? We use the network to use our Copy machine (as a printer) and it is a fax machine, etc. etc.
My question first I should say is why can this computer not connect to our network? We changed nothing? His computer has internet access?

Thank You for any insight,
Michael

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a PC running Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7). I also have a network disk connected to the Apple Airport base station. The disk is formatted as SMB share and the Airport handles it without any problems. The disk is accessible by any other computer I have (2 Mac laptops and 2 iPads). I was able to access the disk from PC but recently I started getting BSOD every time I try to read or write on that disk. I still can access it in safe mode with networking. The message is SYSTEM_SERVICES_EXCEPTION. As it is normal for Microsoft there are no explanations. If anybody has any info about this I'd appreciate. Thank you in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55505-bsod-accessing-network-share.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My laptop is the only wireless device on my home office network. I had trouble last week, it won't connect. I reboot, refresh the network list, etc.... and it won't connect to the Internet. The cable modem and router are both okay, because my non wireless computers are working.

It did the same thing last week, my nephew was here and fixed it. He said he did something manually and I remember seeing the cmd box on the screen. I don't know what he did. I use the laptop for work and everything is set up on it.

Any ideas what I can do to fix it until he gets off work tonight?

Thanks.

Nancy

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all, I'm so glad I found this site! First post. Anyway:

We are a small company with only 3 networked computers, no server, only a hub and router. The computer with the networked drive was recently updated to Service Pack 2, but the other 2 computers are still awaiting update (being that we need the computers all day). One of the 2 computers is able to access the network drive without any problem. However, the other computer (SP 1) requires a restart every day before it is able to access the network drive. I've checked the shared status of the network drive and it is open to sharing for all computers on the network.

Will updating the other computers to service pack 2 solve this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Christian

A:Odd inconsistencies in accessing network drive...

Afternoon bump... maybe I can resolve before the work day ends?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/odd-inconsistencies-in-accessing-network-drive-190234.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I decided to give Xandros a try I m just getting too ticked with Windows anyway here is my problem We Xandros Accessing Network 3.0 WinXP with have PC s on our network desktops and laptop they are connected with Linksys are Win XP and one was Win of which I took Win off to put Xandros OCE Edition on I had no problems with the Network prior to Xandros I tried to setup Xandros to access the Win XP Network but for some Accessing WinXP Network with Xandros 3.0 reason I can t get the connection I tried to set it up within the Windows Networking with using the same old computer description and workgroup of course enabeling the file sharing etc I didn t get any error messages or anything but no other computers show up in he windows network directory and I can t access Xandros from the other computers either Then I tried to set it up with the Network connection same computer name as before specify the static address to the same IP as before using the same Subnetmask as before we didn t use Gateway before so I m not sure what to do there anyway still the same thing no error messages no connection from or to the Xandros machine Can somebody walk me through the whole thing so I can get on my network with Xandros Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-winxp-network-with-xandros-3-0.434577/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello.

On my tower (Vista 32bit home premium), my VIIV control panel inside Windows Media Center correctly found my Laptop (running XP).

I defined the device as PC, and I enabled media sharing.

However, I canot figure out how to view my tower's shared media.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Adam

http://www.vistax64.com/software/162567-accessing-my-library-network-viiv.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a laptop running Windows 7 and I'm unable to access my local network, despite every indication that my device is finding the signal, which is designated as excellent. After attempting to connect, I am eventually told that the connection attempt was unsuccessful, but at the same time my computer indicates that I do, in fact, have "limited access." Perplexing me further, my network is also being denoted as an "unidentified network."

Any feedback would be appreciated.

A:Difficulty accessing local network...

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again. Here's How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difficulty-accessing-local-network.940786/
Relevancy 46.44%

Here's the problem - old system was laptop running XP with desktop also running XP. We set up a "shared documents" folder with simple file-sharing on the desktop which the laptop could access when not working out of the office via DSL high-speed router. We just upgraded to a new laptop running 7 Pro and it automatically detected the router and I selected "work network" during setup. I can't even see the desktop on the "new network" dsiplayed on the "new laptop" - do I need to set up a new connection on the XP desktop or what??? Thanks.

A:Accessing old XP Pro machine on simple network

My guess is the network names are now different. Since you chose work network. The new network is neither named MSHOME or Homegroup or whatever the xp machine is currently connected too. I would run the network wizard on the xp machine taking care to name it the same as the new windows 7 installation has named it's new network. The xp machine may require you to know the admin account name and password for the windows 7 machine you are attempting to connect to as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144546-accessing-old-xp-pro-machine-simple-network.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi. i am a windows xp user and i have a home network which connects 4 laptops together. on one of my laptops, the printer is connected and shared for the other users to access. the problem is that when i try to access that computer from this computer by going to start.. run.. \\meer (which is that computers name), it asks me to type in a username and password. i dont have to do this for any other of the three computers i have set up. its really bothering me! what should i do??? how can i get rid of it from asking me the username and password so i can access the computer itself and the printer???

by the way.. \\meer runs windows xp pro!

A:problem accessing another computer on network

What do all the other computers run?

I presume it's a peer-to-peer workgroup?

Things to check:
1) Is the guest account enabled on the XP Pro machine?
2) If you go Network Places > Entire Network > Microsoft Windows Network > [workgroup name] can you see the computer there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-accessing-another-computer-on-network.564481/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey,
I have a D-LINK DI-624 Wireless router. I am using Bulletproof FTP SERVER on my computer which on the network ends in the IP .102. I went to my router options and went to DMZ and changed it to ending in .102. For some reason when I access my FTP server with my "network ip" 192.168.1.102, it works, but when trying my real ip (www.whatismyip.com), it doesn't work. Why does this happen? How can I fix it? Thanks.

A:Problem Accessing Ftp Server From Outside The Network

Have you forwareded the FTP ports (in your router setup) to point to your FTP server (the .102 system)?

Also, I've used Bulletproof FTP server and it's an excellent program. BUT! I received an average of 8 attempts to access my system each night after it had been running a while. Make sure you've set good passwords for it!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73123/problem-accessing-ftp-server-from-outside-the-network/
Relevancy 46.44%

I want my 3G phone to access my computer via the internet.

However I type the IP address of my computer which has IIS running. But this computer connects to the Internet through a NETGEAR Wireless Router.

I am not using the Local IP (192.168.0.1) to try and connect. I am using the ADSL IP number provided by my ISP. But it doesn't respond.

What am I doing wrong?

When I type http://localhost/ - I can get a webpage but not when I type in the correct external IP address I get the NETGEAR ROUTER CONFIGURATION LOGON Request

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey,

my employers IT support department has emailed me a certificate which allows me to access my office pc desktop using RDC without the need to establish a VPN to the server.

My question is - can I now someone map one of the shared drives that is on the main office service again without the need to establish a VPN? perhaps using this "certificate" ?

Cheers

A:help accessing & mapping network drive without VPN

It can be done with with SFTP or FTP, but that server needs to be running on the remote site.

Step 1:
Open Windows Explorer
This can be accomplished by right-clicking on the Start Button and selecting the Open Windows Explorer option.

Step 2:
Select the computer icon to reveal the Map network drive option.
Select Map network drive

Step 3:
On the What network folder would you like to map?
Select Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.

Step 4:
On the Welcome to the Add Network Location Wizard screen:
Click Next

Step 5:
On the Where do you want to create this network location? screen:
Select Choose a custom network location
Click Next

Step 6:
On the Specify the location of your website screen:
Enter the ftp address of your remote server
Click Next

Step 7:
On the Specify a Username and Password if Required screen:
Un-check Log on anonymously
Enter your username in the User name field
Click Next

Step 8:
On the What do you want to name this location? screen:
Specify the name of this remote location as you would like it to appear in Windows Explorer. Make it something descriptive so it is easy to find.
Click Next

Step 9:
On the Completing the Add Network Location Wizard screen:
Click Finish
Click Next

Step 10:
Log on to your remote server to test new connection
Enter your login credentials
Check the Save password box if you would like for Windows to automatically log you in everytime you click on this connection.

Click the Log On button

If everything was setup correctly you should see your remote files in Windows Explorer as if they were located on a hard drive in your system.
Your remote server will now appear as a drive on your computer through Windows Explorer

Source

You can also use 3rd party software to do this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/257648-help-accessing-mapping-network-drive-without-vpn.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Accessing machines from the network tree,

Two different messages might be obtained when trying to accesses machines from the network tree as shown in the attached screenshots

Which settings provided screenshot 1 (attached)?

Which settings provided screenshot 2 (attached)?

Thank you for the help,

Best

Jamal

A:Accessing machines from the network tree,

Either you have password protected sharing turned on or the folder you are trying to access doesn't have sharing enabled. You can turn off password protected sharing in the Network and Sharing Center.

To allow access to all folders in the Users folder, It's best to go into the properties of the C:>Users folder and click on the sharing tab then Advanced sharing button, then click on Permissions, then set to read or write "Everyone" access level and apply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275793-accessing-machines-network-tree.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i m unable to join and share files on a private office workgroup, although i use the lan wire in the office to connect to my laptop...how do share files..there is no firewall or anything..i and the entire office use windowsXP...help

Relevancy 46.44%

I use a lap-top hard wired to a Netgear router in another room. Another PC stands next to the router, this PC is connected to a Canon iP4000 printer. I have always been able to print on this from my lap-top (using the other PC as a server ?) Recently when trying to print from the lap-top I get a message that the printer is off-line. When I disply the local network on the lap-top the Canon clearly shows there. I have dispensed with the old monitor on the desk-top and now can't access this PC to see what's amiss. Would appreciate any help.

A:Accessing printer on home network

Can any other laptop/desktop print to that printer (over the network)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/312964-accessing-printer-home-network.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm a university student, and I just moved into a new apartment with some friends. We have a router to access internet, and their computers can access fine, but mine won't.

When I try to connect, it tells me I have limited or no connectivity. When I try to repair the connection, it stops and says it has a problem "renewing your IP address".

I tried to reinstall the driver (local area connection) twice, but that didn't help. I also used both winsockfix and winsockxpfix, and neither helped.

When I run ipconfig /all in command prompt, it gives me this:

Windows IP Configuration
Host Name: FOXTROT-185
Primary Dns Suffix:
Node Type: Peer-Peer
IP Routing Enabled: No
WINS Proxy Enabled: No
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
Description: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Physical Address: 00-11-D8-ED-91-D3
Dhcp Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address: 169.254.107.30
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway:

Any ideas

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, I am connected to my home hub at home which is a wireless connection. However when I look up my network connection and view the full map of connection an unknown connection is connected to mine. Does that mean that this connection can view what I am doing? and how have they connected to my internet..It is another p.c in my house that is connecting to mine can they view what I am doing and if so how can I block it so they cannot access my computer.

Relevancy 46.44%

I have used a card reader connected via USB for years. I recently connected my HP D7260 printer to my router via ethernet cable because I wanted to use the printer even when the system it WAS connected to was asleep or shut down. Works great, I can print from any system on the network at any time, but now I cannot figure out how to use the card reader built into the printer.

How can I access that card reader in the printer connected to my router via ethernet from a wireless laptop? Do I have to map the card as a drive? I have tried newer drivers already. Any suggestions would be great. Networks are not my strong point.

HP Photosmart D7260 Printer - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

A:Accessing card reader over network

The manual doesn't mention anything about using the memory cards from your computer, be it connected via USB or ethernet. It looks to me like they are only used for printing directly from the printer. Can you access the memory cards if you connect via USB?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/168629-accessing-card-reader-over-network.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm having trouble accessing my Mac from Windows 7. My Mac shows visible in Windows Explorer, but I can't access the files/folders. File/folder sharing is enabled and both are on the same workgroup. The issue I am having is when I try to actually access the folders it is telling me I don't have permission. I can access the user folder \Aaron but anything past that it denies.

Windows never asked me for my Mac login credentials which may be the problem. All the instructions I'm finding say it should ask for them. I cannot figure out how to input them anywhere in order to gain access.

I can access my Windows machine from my Mac fine, but not the other way around. Any help is appreciated.

A:Need Help Accessing Mac from Windows 7 On Home Network

Did you turn on SMB sharing on the MAC?

MAC's use AFP for sharing so you need to enable SMB. The following YouTube video shows how to do this and how to get sharing between the two to work. How to share files between Windows and Mac | lynda.com - YouTube

You could also try adding the credentials from the MAC to the Windows 7 credential manager, in "Windows Credentials" via the Control Panel.

You would also need to share out which ever folders you want to be available on the Windows 7 machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321471-need-help-accessing-mac-windows-7-home-network.html
Relevancy 46.44%

after getting a crossover cable and conneting my 2 computers i managed to get them to ics but i have i problem with accessing files on the other computer to open just one folder takes a long time could any please how to solve this problem

thank in advance

A:accessing network computer slow

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Is everything working besides the slow browsing? After you open the folder, are things working normal speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-network-computer-slow.627298/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a windows 7 or ReadyNAS issue, which i believe I share with many others.

When I cut (or) copy large files from my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 machine to my ReadyNAS the files starts to copy, but after some minutes I'll get a Network Error massage: There is a problem accessing M:\folder\... Make sure you are connected to the network and try again.

I get three choices: Try again, skip or cancel. Try again does not work and the other choices does not copy my files.

I have read through a number of posts without finding a solution. I have tested to disable autotuning and to replace the cable connecting the NAS to the router.

Suggestions?

A:Network error; there is a problem accessing

...and the same message shows up when copying large files to my media player (is a Popcorn Hour). Is there a know issue between Windows 7 and Linux (both popcorn and ReadyNAS are Linux based)?

It does however works very nice to copy large folders and files from my Windows XP laptop to my NAS and media player. I have tested to connect my Windows 7 PC direct to the NAS (no router), which works nicely, but unfortunately the copying failure of large files and folders remain.

Any one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/116312-network-error-there-problem-accessing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hi, a friend of mine is trying to access files residing on a vista pc residing on the same network as his 7 pc in order to copy them over. cunningly, both pcs have exactly the same network name albeit one in capitals and one in lowercase although i am pretty sure this does not mkae a difference. can anyone tell if this is where the problem lies, especially since another vista pc on the network shows up fine

A:network accessing files issue

Hello,

Create the same UserName and Password on both computers.

Alternatively, try accessing the shared folder od Drive this way:
Click on the Windows Orb, type \\ComputerName\SharedFolderName press enter, also the Computer Name can be replaced by an IP Address.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204600-network-accessing-files-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

My computer is linked up to a network and I want to be able to access the hard drive of the computer that I am connected to at any time without the remote computer having to allow me access. How is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello smart people. I posted this problem form another tech forum. I just wanted to have a second opinion on this one.

Before I present my networking woes let me first emphasize this; my networking skills is in between a beginner and an intermediate, so please bear with me.

So here's my problem:

The network on the left side of the diagram above is located in our main campus and on the right side is in our branch campus. My question is:
Is it possible that pc A.1, pc A.2 and pc A.3 can access the shared files in pc B.1? If it is, How?

I'm pretty much sure that there's going to be a bunch of follow up questions after you(the smart people) will make replies on this one. Forgive me if my question is not clear enough, just let me know if you guys needs more details.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys,

I am just looking into a few things... I am wondering how it is possible to connect to my home network when i am away on holiday or away on business...

I am wondering if there is a possibility of having a URL that will access my network something like www.aaronhomenetwork.net and then a username and password ?

could i setup 2 urls going to same network using 2 different username and passwords and can i change the content for each ?

Thanks

A:Solved: Accessing my home network

Yes. You can do exactly what you're looking to do. I currently have my remote access set up the way you want to for your network. I have one domain registered with DynDNS and another with ChangeIP. The service I am tacking advantage of is called dynamic DNS. DynDNS used to offer this service for free. ChangeIP is currently offering this service for free. I paid the special rate for users being migrated from the free service with DynDNS as it's been rock solid over the years. Until I get the same experience with ChangeIP, I'll have both running in parallel. I use the DynDNS domain for all my personal/business stuff. I hand out the ChangeIP domain to my family members who want to access my baby cam to see my daughter. In actuality, you can access all the same services I use on DynDNS with the ChangeIP domain. I haven't dug into whether my SonicWall can do content filtering based on incoming domain.

An alternative is to use only a single domain and then have a SSL VPN device do all the access controls to the content on your network. I have a Aventail SonicWall SSL VPN appliance which I use to remote into my network. You can set accesses based on username. The usernames can be set up on the local database of the SSL VPN appliance or the appliance can connect to an AD or LDAP server for authentication. Based on the username, you then create access rules. Or you can do this based on groups which then propagates down to users added to the group. There are two methods of access. One requires a full client to be installed on your remote device; laptop or mobile device (phone/tablet). If the permissions are fully unlocked, the full client access will allow you to access the network like you are directly connected to it locally. The other method is a clientless setup. The SSL VPN appliance will act as a proxy to your internal network. The remote client won't need to install anything for access. You can create custom pages when the user connects in where the user sees a custom web delivered desktop. This desktop will contain icons/links for resources this user has permissions to access.

In summary, to do what you're asking, I would use a single domain and then restrict access based on username with a SSL VPN device. To make the use of dynamic DNS seamless, you'll want a firewall/router which has built in support for the dynamic DNS client needed to report back to the service what your public IP is; unless you're fortunate enough to have a static public IP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accessing-my-home-network.1143843/
Relevancy 46.44%

In Windows 7, if I needed to grab something off the desktop of one of my other boxes, I would just run something like the following...

\\COMPUTERNAME\c$\users\myself\desktop

and it would open an explorer window to that folder on that box.

When I try this from the search bar on Windows 10, I get nothing but errors. Is there another way I should be doing this from Windows 10?

Thanks in advance

A:Problem accessing other devices on my network

How about listing the errors in detail?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49746-problem-accessing-other-devices-my-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

so what i want to do is be able to go on the internet on my phone ipod my accessing school's secured network wifi etc using one of my schools wifi accessing my school's secured wifi network networks my high school has different wifi networks but the all of them are secured and require accessing my school's secured wifi network a password to connect to and none of us students know the password i assume these wifi networks are mainly used for the school's computers and i was thinking maybe there was some kind of way i can find the password s using one of these computers obviously though the student do not have administrative privileges but i DID happen to find a way to access the command prompt using a bat file and im sure that there has to be some kind of way i can use the commands to show me the wifi password but i have no idea what the commands i would need to enter are if anyone knows how to accessing my school's secured wifi network do this PLEASE tell me i would be really happy even if i am taking the risk of possibly getting suspended if they found out o o

A:accessing my school's secured wifi network

Your schools wifi is secure for a reason and if you want the password ask for it. I doubt anyone here will advise you on how to HACK it since it is probably illegal to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/129540-accessing-my-schools-secured-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm having a problem networking two computers togather i'm using a crossover cable. I have done this alot, but ran into a problem. Usually I can just give it common workgroup and static ips and make one of the computers the defualt gateway. It seems that its working pop's up with a username and password logon. but it's not working just keeps popping up with the same popup screen. So I made a common admin on both computers, and same password. It's a unneeded step but i'm just troubleshooting. If anyone has any ideas and could help I would be thankful

A:Solved: network problem not accessing another computer

fix the problem, if your having the same problem message me and i'll help but it's a very long process so i'm not going to type it in here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-problem-not-accessing-another-computer.810582/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone there are PC's connected to the same network I had to format one of the PC from bit windows to bit windows professional after the format and the re installation of all the drivers and other software's I did the map network drive but wasn't able to access the shared partition from another PC which was previously accessible before I did the format I can access the Users folder in C partition but cannot access the G partition I've tried disabling accessing on network. Issue same in the shared partition antivirus and the firewall but still no joy After I failed Issue in accessing shared partition on the same network. to connect to G I created a folder named server drive in the G which I was able to access from the win bit system so I moved all the files and folders in g partition to the newly created server drive folder also in the same partition but now the issue is that I cannot access all the files I moved to the server drive folder only a partial amount of files and folders are accessible One more thing the other pc on this network isn't having any issue getting to G partition or the server drive folder Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this thread and for your support I also apologize in advance if I've failed to mention something

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385869-issue-accessing-shared-partition-same-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an XP from wireless machine Accessing XP virtual network virtual machine running on a -bit Win host I have a home wireless network that I need to access from the XP Accessing wireless network from XP virtual machine VM in order to use printers attached to the other computers on the network All comupters currently on the network have the same workgroup name I have networking on the VM set to use the wireless adapter on the host laptop With this configuration I can see and access the host but I cannot see nor access any other computers on the network Now it seems to me that I will need to run the XP Network Wizard to set up the network on the VM before I am able to see the network but after reading dozens of articles and posts on networking a VM I have never seen this step mentioned I am at work now so I can't test this out on my network until later So my questions are Do I need to run the XP Network wizard to get the VM to join the wireless network and if I don't need to run the wizard what DO I need to do to get this to work Thanks in advance This forum is a great resource

A:Accessing wireless network from XP virtual machine

Yes, you need to run the XP network wizard. It can be tricky to get an XP machine to network with Win 7 machines.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177786-accessing-wireless-network-xp-virtual-machine.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I can't seem to find a solution anywhere but the problem is. I have one central computer with windows 7 on it. When any computer in the house, whether it be my laptop with Vista, my desktop with XP, or my other desktop with Windows 7 connects to that network drive it hangs for a couple minutes before being able to open the file, or copy the file. This happens on all 3 machines accessing the network drive on the central computer.

This same result occurred when I setup my other desktop with windows 7 so that makes me think its something with windows 7 itself.

I do not have any firewall/antivirus programs installed, and I even turned off windows firewall and windows defender on the server that were all accessing.

Any ideas?

A:Windows 7 hangs for a bit when accessing network drive

Quote: Originally Posted by Strickt

I can't seem to find a solution anywhere but the problem is. I have one central computer with windows 7 on it. When any computer in the house, whether it be my laptop with Vista, my desktop with XP, or my other desktop with Windows 7 connects to that network drive it hangs for a couple minutes before being able to open the file, or copy the file. This happens on all 3 machines accessing the network drive on the central computer.

This same result occurred when I setup my other desktop with windows 7 so that makes me think its something with windows 7 itself.

I do not have any firewall/antivirus programs installed, and I even turned off windows firewall and windows defender on the server that were all accessing.

Any ideas?

I will bet when you set up win 7 and it asked you what type of network you are connecting to you said "home". Home (or more properly homegroup) uses a newer version of the IP protocol (IPv6). Homegroup is designed for newer hardware and win 7 machines only.

In mixed environments (especially with older hardware) IPv6 and homegroup sometimes have connectivity issues.

A quick test/workaround is to make a new connection using workgroup. If that fixes the problem you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181529-windows-7-hangs-bit-when-accessing-network-drive.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have two pc's - a laptop and a tower - with Windows Ultimate -bit installed on each We use Homegroups to share files wirelessly via router There is an external hard drive attached to the tower On that external drive I accessing shutting warn to down pc ext HD? if How network against user have a folder named quot Movies quot with many sub folders that contain dvd rips I have the laptop connected to the living room TV via HDMI cable where I watch the dvd rips However someone can shut the tower down while the laptop is playing a movie and of course the movie stops playing My questions are - Is there a way to alert the tower user that someone is using the external drive when quot shut down quot is selected so that the tower user knows not to shut down If that is possible is there a way for the How to warn against shutting down pc if network user accessing ext HD? tower to shut down on its own perhaps when the external hard drive goes idle or even perhaps via command by the laptop user Thank you for your time and courtesy

A:How to warn against shutting down pc if network user accessing ext HD?

i have this problem also . my workaround is to copy the movie i wish to watch that evening before the desktop gets closed, of course its a real PITA when it gets closed whilst copying .
interested to see if there is a solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177010-how-warn-against-shutting-down-pc-if-network-user-accessing-ext-hd.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a WD TV Live network streaming device WDBGXT NBK- which is causing me no end of frustrations The device is supposed to easily access my Windows network shares but it works intermittently and sporadically It will function well for a while and then suddenly apropos of nothing it WD 7 Live with accessing Shares Frustrations Win Network TV will lose all access to the shares When it does this I can only get them back by performing a full factory reset and going through the laborious process of set up again I have assigned the WD TV a static IP address and set up a Look n Stop firewall rule Frustrations with WD TV Live accessing Win 7 Network Shares to permit traffic from that IP address I have set up a Windows account and password for the shares I couldn t access them at all using an anonymous account I have made sure that each drive is shared and permissions are set to allow access from the specified account When setting up the shares I have to disable Look n Stop otherwise it doesn t find them Once they are set up and working I am able to enable Look n Stop Frustrations with WD TV Live accessing Win 7 Network Shares and the happily co-exist The trigger for the loss of shares usually seems to be if the WD TV is forced to reboot completely rather than just going into standby days ago however I lost access to the shares when Windows performed a security update I wasn t able to access them again until I uninstalled the Windows update Google searches bring up a lot of issues with the network shares on this device but none of the solutions offered seem to have cured my problems Any helpful suggestions very much appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X B Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB P Total - MB Free - MB R Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A GTD-PRO Antivirus Bitdefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frustrations-with-wd-tv-live-accessing-win-7-network-shares.1125802/
Relevancy 45.58%

I can t access shared folders that are in shared accessing network folders over trouble Having my desktop pc Rest of my computers are able to access it just fine but my laptop refuses to do so i try quot Add Network Place Wizard quot and manually put my network address quot netddos-pc Having trouble accessing shared folders over network xxxxxx quot and Having trouble accessing shared folders over network after mins or so a window pops up requesting a login information i didn t put any access contraints so i m perplexed as to why it is asking login information such as username and password the laptop is able to surf the net just fine it even can access NAS HDD just fine why can t it see a networked folder that s on my desktop desktop has windows vista laptop has windows xp sp even then i see no problem because other desktop pcs i have are windows xp powered any idea is there a software that lets you share over the network i m fed up with windows buggy network sharing software ps under workgroup laptop sees the desktop just fine when i click on the icon it asks for the login info again nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

The problem exists accessing my Vista system from any Windows or Windows XP system on my network and does not present between Windows or XP systems If I access a shared resource a drive printer etc on my Vista system from any of accessing Delays in across network system Vista my or XP systems there is a -second delay before the Vista system responds Example I go to Network Neighborhood and click on the Vista system It takes a full seconds before the hour glass goes away and the shared resources appear The length of time is very consistent and will happen twice in a row if I try it again immediately after closing the Network Neighborhood window The result is also the same if I do it from a Delays in accessing Vista system across network quot Search quot window Can this be remedied All systems are running P socket- -GHz CPUs and either or Gig of RAM The vista system has -Gig RAM as does one of the systems but the result is the same on all systems As a test I used XCOPY to copy some files from the XP and systems to the Vista system just to see if I would get any error or delay The XCOPY went beautifully and instantly This XCOPY test was done after a shutdown and restart on both the Vista and and XP systems nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delays-in-accessing-vista-system-across-network.801925/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi I have a weird problem Some people on a small network cant access a certain site It keeps timing out Others on the same network work fine Then hr later it may change and the ones who were ok now are not and others are fine I ran network monitor on the pc s when there was a problem and got this result Could anyone explain if the segment lost means a fault my end or elsewhere I only get these when there is a delay or timeout accessing the site Thanks in advance firefox exe TCP TCP Flags R SrcPort DstPort HTTPS PayloadLen Seq Ack Win TCP IPv firefox exe TCP TCP Flags S SrcPort DstPort HTTPS PayloadLen Seq Ack Win TCP IPv firefox exe TCP TCP Flags A SrcPort HTTPS DstPort PayloadLen Seq Ack Win TCP IPv firefox exe TCP TCP Segment Lost Flags R SrcPort DstPort HTTPS PayloadLen Seq Ack Win network and probs site accessing 1 monitor scale factor x TCP IPv nbsp

A:probs accessing 1 site and network monitor

Does the site restrict the number of accesses from an IP in a certain period of time? Or the number of simultaneous accesses?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/probs-accessing-1-site-and-network-monitor.989147/
Relevancy 45.58%

Is it possible to work around a blocked network? I was thinking of a proxy but I'm not certain on what I could use.
I think our school network has blocked remote desktop connections. I can connect from a friends internet just fine.

Anyone have any ideas on how I could access the remote desktop from a blocked network?

Thanks,

R

A:Accessing remote desktop from a blocked network

Are you using a school provided computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accessing-remote-desktop-from-a-blocked-network-684106.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I have recently moved to a wireless broadband connection. The connection is slower than my cable internet in my previous residence. So, I'm noticing some things while I work. One thing is that every time I access my local hard drive, there is network traffic and I have to wait for the network. This is while I'm connected to a VPN. The folders I'm accessing are not synchronized off-line files, either. I do have one mapped network drive.

Anyone know what would cause Windows XP to instigate network traffic when accessing a local drive and how to limit it?

Thanks,
Paul

A:Network traffic while accessing local drive

This is actually a situation I ran across some time back. Every local access was trying to touch a network drive, and when that drive wasn't available, it got ugly! In my case, it was a errant path in the registry that was being searched every time I opened a file locally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-traffic-while-accessing-local-drive.946707/
Relevancy 45.58%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc P H A MQ PJ CN L Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled My situation I have been using Google Chrome for over - years Yesterday out of the blue I get a message stating Google Chrome is having trouble accessing the network This may be because your firewall or antivirus software thinks Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the Internet Their suggestions try adding Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall or antivirus software s setting Error I have done everything I know to do which admittedly is minimal but am getting nowhere FAST Thanks for any step by step directions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-chrome-having-trouble-accessing-network.1006245/
Relevancy 45.58%

Has anyone experienced this I have a Windows Server file server with DFS Namespace role The server hosts file services and uses DFS-R to replicate content to another member server One of the folders has a Users directory where PST files are located When these files via drive namespace Accessing hangs network DFS are open DFS-R will not replicate them but queue them in a backlog Once the backlog grows significantly the client machines tend to lock up when trying to access the Accessing network drive via DFS namespace hangs shared drives The drives are mapped using the DFS namespace but even navigating using UNC path will still lock up This is seen Accessing network drive via DFS namespace hangs with Windows clients and XP clients seems to be fine If I exclude PSTs from DFS-R the issue does not occur Accessing network drive via DFS namespace hangs I should mention that there is a DPM server in the environment that backs up the file print server The sync is set to every minutes Recovery points are during the day and XP and Windows clients can lock up if a recovery point is running at the same time as a DFS backlog If there is no backlog all seems to run fine Is there some option in Windows that is attempting to index network drives I've checked the settings in Indexing Options and don't see anything that stands out Like I said I currently have PSTs excluded so the issue does not happen right now but once I enable them and a backlog starts to build the issue happens again Any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks

A:Accessing network drive via DFS namespace hangs

Well, other than the usual disclaimer about putting a database file on a network share like a PST or OST file, I can't say I've ever seen it before. You'd probably want to get a network trace via netsh or netmon or wireshark of the PC attempting to hit the file, and you might even want to get a trace from the server simultaneously as well. There's nothing inherent I can think of that would cause it, other than Win7 would be using SMBv2 to the 2008 box(es), whereas XP would be using SMBv1 - that can have an impact depending on the command responses they are seeing (and whether or not offline files caching is enabled for the location).

Again, PSTs and OSTs on the network are a bad thing, and doing so will only end in tears (if not now, eventually).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/232724-accessing-network-drive-via-dfs-namespace-hangs.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have this problem with a couple computers at work Here is the issue Computer will not display network icon in the system tray When trying to access anything internet related nothing works IE Page not found errors etc When I go to Control Panel gt Network Connections my computer will hang and I have to close control panel from task manager to continue My computer will also freeze hang when I try to use some other applications that require an internet connection Restarting usually doesn t help The only way I ve been able to fix it is by turning it off for some time when resource Hangs accessing XP network/internet any and turning it back on later But even XP Hangs when accessing any network/internet resource this doesn t work of the time Restarting over and over again does nothing the computer still acts the XP Hangs when accessing any network/internet resource same no network icon freezing when accessing network resources Once it does XP Hangs when accessing any network/internet resource decide to work however the computer has internet network connectivity and no problems until it is shut off again I ve tried all the drivers out there for my network adapter and reformatted times so it s not a virus spyware The current computer I m having an issue with is a day old with no applications other than Windows Update Microsoft Office Java Flash and Adobe reader installed They are all Dell computers some are Vostro desktops while some are older Inspiron s All computers with issues are running Windows XP SP Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I access python from python network in Accessing share 7 a windows from a network share This works fine on XP but on windows it throws the following error Python r Dec MSC v bit Intel on win Type quot help quot quot copyright quot quot credits quot or quot license quot for more information gt gt gt import random Traceback most recent call last File quot lt stdin gt quot line in lt module gt File quot t win python- lib random py Accessing python from a network share in windows 7 quot line in lt module gt inst Random File quot t win python- lib random py quot line in init self seed x File quot t Accessing python from a network share in windows 7 win python- lib random py quot line in seed a long hexlify urandom WindowsError Error The specified procedure could not be found Is there some security policy that I need to enable disable to use python from a network on windows It works without any issue on win if I copy python to my local drive Also accessing python from the same network share works fine on win XP So I Accessing python from a network share in windows 7 am suspecting some security policy of win that is causing problem while accessing it over a network share

A:Accessing python from a network share in windows 7

check following services: ON

Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Workstation
Wireless Zero Configuration

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/53457-accessing-python-network-share-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

When ever I try to access My Network in Win XP Pro SP2 it either crashes My Computer or takes up to 2 minutes for this to load. Is this a common problem in windows? I have 1 other computer (ibook) on the network at all times, and occasionally I have a 2nd laptop connected wirelessly. I can't seem to find the cause for this problem.

I did notice the other day my network speed was very slow, around 4kbs, so I switched both network cards on my computer, and the one on the ibook, to 100 full duplex and that made things go a little faster at 300kbs. Considering the network is a 100mbit network I'd think the speeds should be a little faster then that. Is this a sign that there is something wrong with the networking settings in XP?
Thanks
Jeff

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-my-network-crashes-hangs-my-computer.465674/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all and all the best for the Holidays I have a few systems at home on the same workgroup but for some reason I m not able to open view files between them All systems have full admin rights under my user name Each pc folders on PC's home Not shared network....HELP!! accessing between see s the other shares but clicking on them produces either quot the workgroup quot is not accessible or the respecitve pc is not accessible messages Not accessing shared folders between PC's on home network....HELP!! All state that there are no permissions Not accessing shared folders between PC's on home network....HELP!! I ve rerun the quot setup home or small office network and identified the correct connection type And I ve run the Network ID and selected the quot home use quot option which resets to workgroup but I change back to my own name The folders are marked share with no editing option and the computer names are unique to each This used to be working and I ve only just noticed that it stopped I feel it s something minor that I ve overlooked but I am at a loss right now Any help amp or suggestions would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-accessing-shared-folders-between-pcs-on-home-network-help.18664/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I have two pcs an old desktop pc with windows xp and a notebook with windows Both computers are connected to the Internet through an adsl router and are also connected togheter sharing files and folders through plain networking HomeGroup would not work with windows xp Therefore both computers are under the same workgroup have different IP addresses and both share printers and folders I am able to log into my notebook running windows from my desktop pc running windows xp but not vice versa When my windows machine prompts me for user name and password to log into my windows xp machine my user name and password are not recognised I tried setting up the same user name with the same password on both machines but whilst now I am able from my Windows XP machine to log directly into my Windows machine without entering user name and password I am still receiving the 'The user name or password is incorrect' message from my windows machine In both machine I installed Comodo Internet Security I set up Comodo Firewall in my Windows XP machine to receive Remote Desktop connections Now I am able to connect to my XP machine from my Windows machine via Remote Desktop I am still unable to log into it from the Network folder though Is there anyone who have any idea of how of network a Problem to on resources shared accessing to procede Thanks in advance for any help

A:Problem of accessing to shared resources on a network

Turn off all firewalls and make sure the workgroup network is set to Private. Try to access the already shared folders such as All Users on XP and Public on W8. Once I get everything working normally with those, then I try sharing other folders.

When everything works the way you want, then is the time to try turning on security such as firewalls. I don't know how many times I set a firewall to settings that always worked before, but I could do nothing until I disabled it altogether.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/40573-problem-accessing-shared-resources-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Dear all I have a problem regarding shared network drives and speed I did some searching on-line but are drives some others when Slow network accessing disconnected couldn t find what I was looking for I have a copy of Windows set up as a guest on my Mac running Snow Leopard This is run using VirtualBox To connect to my Mac partition of my internal drive and my external drives all of which are HSF formatted I have Slow accessing network drives when some others are disconnected set up a host only Slow accessing network drives when some others are disconnected adaptor in Windows I have set my drives to share in Snow Leopard Both Snow Leopard and Windows have the same user name and passwords I do not always have my external hard drives connected and when they are not connected Windows shows them as disconnected The problem I m having is that I m finding the opening and copying of files from my Mac partition within Windows Explorer or within programmes on Windows as very slow when I have some drives disconnected I believe there may be an issue with Windows and having mapped drives that are disconnected I am wondering if Windows keeps trying to access them every time I try to open a file I ran an EXIFTOOL batch file from Windows Explorer and it took a while do simple tasks The same tasks were much quicker when I ran the same batch file from an opened command prompt Am I correct in thinking the problem is Windows related and if so is there anything I can do about I don t wish to un-map the drives because I ll only have to remap them every time I go to use them However being a laptop my computer is not always connected to them and the speed is far too slow Another issue I have is that the credentials are not being stored even when I tell Windows to store them I did see a comment on another Web Site about a piece of software called Network Drive Manager Would that help resolve my speed issues Kind regards

A:Slow accessing network drives when some others are disconnected

What is the speed of your network?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361496/slow-accessing-network-drives-when-some-others-are-disconnected/
Relevancy 45.58%

Some of the computers on my network are slow when trying to navigate and open files on my LAN. The computers are running Windows 98 and Win2Kpro. What can I do to speed them up?

Q

A:machines slow accessing files on the network

q,

what is your network configuration? Are you running at 10 or 100 speed on an ethernet? Are you using a 10/100 switch or hub to connect the computers?

If you are running a 100BaseT network, make sure that all link lights show that the connections from server to hub/switch to workstation are all running at 100BaseT and not 10.

There are many other possibilities but thats a good place to start...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/machines-slow-accessing-files-on-the-network.64531/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi guys. im new here. im just desperate for any help. im having some probs with my small home network. i used to share all files in every computer before and i never had any problem accessing all files in every PC. i setup my workgroup using XPs (all PCs OS are XP Pro) network setup wizard. everything was working fine til we had a DSL inet connection in which i installed another LAN card on one PC w/c is the ICS host computer. now, i cannot access the files on any computer. the error either says "Access Denied", or "The specified server cannot perform the requested operation", or "A specified authentication package is unknown". i am pretty sure i didnt change any of the settings on any computer.[U] hope i get some helpful info from you guys. tanx

A:trouble accessing shared network resources

Are all computers Win XP Pro SP2?If so, they will all have a networking wizard which should help you set up your new network.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29429/trouble-accessing-shared-network-resources/
Relevancy 45.15%

Requiring user name\password when accessing a machine over the network\router,

I have multiple machines connected by switch\router. What I want is to let the system ask any user for the ?network password? when wanting to access any machine via the network (attached). This message (Enter network passwords) sometimes is available and others is not. how to make it appear all the time?

At which level this property is set?

1. At the level of sharing\security of a folder?
2. At level of network sharing?

How to manage this issue? To share a partition\folder but to allow accessing it with user name and password?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

Best

Jamal

A:Requiring user name\password when accessing a machine over the network

The problem is that Windows remembers these user names and passwords unless you tell Windows not to remember them.

I haven't tested out this Security Policy yet but it does tell Windows not to not allow storage of passwords and credentials so it may have the desired effect you seem to be looking for.

Just go to Control Panel, > Administrative tools,> Local Policies,> Security Options,>Network Access, Do not allow Storage of Passwords and Credentials per the picture below. Enabled should restrict Storage of Credentials.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309532-requiring-user-name-password-when-accessing-machine-over-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having difficulties accessing the network share to my Windows 2000 printer [printer attatched via USB to Win2000 computer, shared among all computers]. Both computers are behind a router, and are on the same workgroup. My Vista machine did not have any problems accessing this printer or authenticating to Windows 2000, but Windows 7 seems to. The problem is when I go to connect to the PC, I am prompted for a username and password, but upon entering a valid one, it does not connect and comes back as invalid.

I attempted to navigate to the share manually through the "add pritner" device, but this did not work either. [Giving //computername/printer]

Using Windows7 RC1, build 7100 and Windows 2000 SP4. No difficulty sharing or authenticating on the LAN with any other OS

Any assistance would be great =), thank you.

A:Difficulty accessing a network shared printer [Win2000]

Are you using HomeGroup or A business network group for your setup with the win7 computer. Win7 homegroup only plays well with other win7 computers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/14550-difficulty-accessing-network-shared-printer-win2000.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have when button network accessing using BSOD or browse resource a workstation that we just BSOD when using browse button or accessing network resource installed It is an Acer i GB RAM GB hard drive and Windows Pro -bit In the last couple of weeks it has started having BSOD problems seemingly randomly Following is the message given when logging in after a BSOD Quote Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Keene Dodge AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I researched it and most seemed to agree that this type of error is driver based so I downloaded all of the newest drivers from the manufacturer's web site and updated them When this did not work I uninstalled the anti-virus program When this did not work I tried Ran CCLEANER for files amp registry Ran Malwarebytes full scan amp AVG full scan on system Disabled all startup items using MSCONFIG Disabled all services EXCEPT Microsoft services using MSCONFIG Ran a CHKDSK F though when I tried to go through the drive properties and select tools I got the BSOD Ran HDTUNE for speed and surface errors though it could not see the SMART info Reviewed the log files and found some drive access errors though no diagnostics showed any problem with the drive I think an example will be included with the captured information as it appeared to be collecting event log info Booted in safe mode w Networking The BSOD did not happen but I couldn't access the network resource anyway Installed all MS updates INCLUDING optional hardware updates I've found the following ways that will BSOD the machine everytime they are performed Type a non http URL into the START SEARCH-RUN box For example I typed in frank to get to a machine named frank Instant BSOD Goto drive properties and select TOOLS from the tabs select the browse button from this sevenforums com page to include a file At first I started using the sevenforums programs amp procedures to capture the requested information and then realized that I still had all of the services amp startup items disabled so I enabled everything and ran a second data capture with a NORMAL startup Both are included as I'm not sure which one will be more useful Thanks in Advance Jeff

A:BSOD when using browse button or accessing network resource

Device Concerns:
Code:
KSecPkg ROOT\LEGACY_KSECPKG\0000 This device is disabled.
NDProxy ROOT\LEGACY_NDPROXY\0000 This device is disabled.
High Definition Audio Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_04921025&REV_05\3&11583659&0&D8 This device is disabled.
Were you aware of the above? If so, please explain your troubleshooting steps.
Software Concerns:Security Software: ??? Make sure to install security software. I recommend either of these:Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows coupled with Malwarebytes. Do not start the free trial of Malwarebytes. Just use the standalone version, update it, and scan your computer once a week with Malwarebytes and with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Good and Free system security combination.

After installing your security software, update it, and then run full scans today with each program. Report back the results of the scans.

Analysis:Crashes point to a network related issue. Could be a virus/malware on the system. Crashes may also indicate Windows corruption.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238947-bsod-when-using-browse-button-accessing-network-resource.html
Relevancy 45.15%

That problem has network shares w7 password-protected starter with Accessing been getting on my nerves in the last hours I just bought a new netbook EEE PE with w starter edition I Accessing password-protected network shares with w7 starter want to access folders on my NAS devices The NAS stations and my whole home network are setup as a workgroup I changed the workgroup name on the w netbook to the same name as my home network and my account name under w is also the same as my account name on the other computers on the network I can see the nas stations in the network overview in w but whenever i try to connect it says that user or password is wrong and prompts for a password or proposes to use another account I tried using another account but it seems impossible to get rid of the domain prefix in front of the username how to just connect as a user without domain or how to just connect to a normal ethernet workgroup network share with user password nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there,

I have two computers on the same network that I use in tandem. Computer 1 has my dropbox folder and the entire disk is shared on my network for read AND write. Computer 2 is dedicated to running a CNC machine, and I do not wish it to run dropbox, but I want it to access the dropbox folder on Computer 1 via network share. Currently, when I attempt to access this folder from Computer 2 I recieve an "Access Denied" message, but I'm able to access all other folders on the share. What steps do I need to take to be able to write onto this dropbox folder from my other computer?

Thanks in advance,
Matthew

A:Dropbox Folder Permissions Denied, Accessing over Network

Hi there!

Welcome to SF.

What your looking for is to set file permissions for the shared folder, i believe Dropbox only gives the local installer account full control. Which you need to remedy
Can you try following this link http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rmissions.html and seeing how you get on with it?
Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327939-dropbox-folder-permissions-denied-accessing-over-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have updated d-link Dir-655 with the latest firmwire and sharepoint software.
Sharepoint will connect and see the drive on the router but I do not see the drive in
windows explorier. Do I need to map the drive?

The router dirve must be there since sharepoint sees the drive when I connect to it.
I also see it when I click on the USB icon in the XP Tray area icon in the low
corner right hand in Win XP.

Why is it not seen in Win Explorier?

Thank you,

Relevancy 45.15%

I just set up a new Win bit system to replace my old desktop I've been running Win for quite a while and have never had trouble with networking per se until now I've set up the sharing etc the way I usually do Network Discovery file sharing etc are all accessing - 0x80070035 Win7 its shares 64 OWN Network Error turned on with no password All PCs are part of the same workgroup I have several shares on this new machine that my other computers can access just Network Error 0x80070035 - Win7 64 accessing its OWN shares fine However the local PC cannot access its own shares I get the x error Bizarre As I said I have Network Error 0x80070035 - Win7 64 accessing its OWN shares set up sharing on Network Error 0x80070035 - Win7 64 accessing its OWN shares all these machines more than once It always works fine Even accessing its own shares But not this one And the only difference I can spot is that this machine is bit which I wouldn't think would have any bearing on this I have specific reasons for the local PC to be able to access its own shares I have no workaround It has to be able to do this or some of my software will not function properly I have to be able to map drives locally and also set up paths to folders that other computers will use So they have to be network paths not local paths And the software is aware that the path is not available locally I can't fool it Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction on this Thanks Matt

A:Network Error 0x80070035 - Win7 64 accessing its OWN shares

Hi,

Are you using Norton Firewall by any chance? Were you using that on your older 32 bit system too?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/140265-network-error-0x80070035-win7-64-accessing-its-own-shares.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Recently I have had a couple of systems displaying the following bizarreness A user logs onto the domain from their workstation They go to access a shared resource and it prompts them for a user name and password If they enter their credentials or just click the x to close the window their user account locks out I created a new user account with the same access even tried Domain Admin and the user account locks out If I network lock resource User accessing accounts out while have them log onto a different workstation then everything works perfectly I go to their machine try to access the shared resource and my account and I get locked out I have removed their computer account from the domain rejoined the domain and same thing I removed them from the domain renamed the computer and then rejoined the domain Still has the same issue I removed the computer from the domain deleted the computer account rejoined the domain with a different name and still the same I believe this is a computer account issue not a user account issue Any have a similar problem User accounts lock out while accessing network resource and if so how did you resolve it without re-rolling their entire computer Thanks nbsp

A:User accounts lock out while accessing network resource

u didn't mention which OS u r using...anywayz try removing everything from your network configuration i.e. network card, TCP/IP, client for Microsoft network etc... remove everything, restart your PC n it will autodetect your network card, reconfigure your IP etc...reset once more n c whether that works. good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-lock-out-while-accessing-network-resource.253666/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok here s the setup I have a wireless network at my house I have a Dell running XP and a MacBook Pro I turned on sharing for specific drives and turned off the windows firewall on the Dell Currently I have it set in the Display Properties that the screensaver does not require a password and I have set in Power Settings to not require a password coming back from Standby This works flawlessly whenever I wake up my computer I Automatically a Windows Logs from computer network...why? the When Accessing Off never have been logged off or have to enter any password EXCEPT WHEN - When I connect to the shared drive on my Dell from my MacBook the MacBook loads the network volume fine I can read write files with no problem UNTIL Never fail about seconds after I Windows Automatically Logs Off When Accessing the computer from a network...why? connect to the Dell with the MacBook Windows Automatically Logs Off When Accessing the computer from a network...why? the Dell restarts itself and kills the network connection I just want it so that I can just leave my Dell on all day and use it as a kind of file server that is always accessible through the wireless network I can use the Dell for hours everytime it goes to screen saver or goes to sleep it wakes with no password but as SOON as I connect to the shared drive on the Dell from my laptop the Dell blacks out and restarts Any suggestions would be much much appreciated been driving me mad nbsp

A:Windows Automatically Logs Off When Accessing the computer from a network...why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatically-logs-off-when-accessing-the-computer-from-a-network-why.555321/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I have a laptop (with win 7 home premium) connected wirelessly to the router. I have a server connected (wired) with some shared folders on it.

Now, when I try to open the networkshare on my laptop (when I'm connected wireless to the network), it won't work 3/4 of the times I try. But to let it work, I just do a ping to the IP of the server and when I try again the networkshare will open. Very strange.

When I'm connected to the network with a wired connection, the networkshare will always open up directly.

Is something wrong with my wireless connection? I have an excellent signal and installed the latest drivers for the network card.

My network is setup as followed:

Wireless router -> switch (downstairs) -> switch (upstairs)
My laptop is wirelessly connected to the router. The server is connected to the switch that's upstairs.

Hope I explained it well.

Thanks,
Mathew

A:Troubles with accessing network share with wireless connection

have you tried creating a desktop shortcut with
//192.168.1.4
as the target? (where 192.168.1.4 is the address of the server machine)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/145031-troubles-accessing-network-share-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Recently added a new laptop running windows 10 ("Win10 laptop")onto our home network. Since then, within a short period of time (minutes to perhaps an hour), others on network no longer have access to internet (Win10 laptop maintains internet access). Win10 laptop is connected through wifi. Mac is also connected wifi and is one that loses internet access (it remains connected to network I believe, since I can see the modem when I enter its ip address, for example). Our ISP is low bandwidth (satellite), however I have tried to reduce the 'bandwidth hog' characteristics of the W10 laptop without success.

I can reset (power off/on) the router, and all machines have internet access again, however, not long lasting. Any suggestions?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69692-windows-10-blocks-others-accessing-internet-through-home-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Howdy,

We have a total of 5 PC's running Win7, all are Home Premium except for one which is Professional. When I connect from my laptop to the PC running Professional via the Network, I am not required to log-in... i.e., no username and password are required.

But when I connect from any of the other Win7 computers on the network, I AM REQUIRED to log-in. That creates problems when one of those machines wants to use a shared device on the Win7 Professional PC...

How do I setup the Win7 Professional PC so it does not ask for a username and password from the other machines? I don't know what I did initially to make it so my Laptop doesn't need to login... Guess I did it by accident.

Many thanks in advance!

Doug

A:Password questions about accessing other Win7 PC's over a home network

There should be a save password option when you connect to a network resource that requires a password.

It is also possible you setup a network folder and saved the password.

So when you directly type it in your system assumes the credentials already set for that network share.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/107529-password-questions-about-accessing-other-win7-pcs-over-home-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am still searching this site and others as I write this as I am sure the answer to my question is out there somewhere I have just rebuilt my Linux based network it uses some Windows devices as well using Accessing firwall off drive network a Solved: of back a the a hardware firewall built off the back of IPCop I want to access Solved: Accessing a network drive off the back of a firwall a USB network drive via the network with the drive hanging off the back of the firewall ie is connected to a USB port on the firewall How do I do this Have I got to access the drive by tunnelling through the firewall if so how or is there some other solution I can implement The reason for hanging the drive off the firewall USB port is because the firewall machine is on allowing access to the drive at will Appreciate any help on this If the answer is already out there and I have missed it then I apologose Please point me towards it so I can learn and implement Thanks WB nbsp

A:Solved: Accessing a network drive off the back of a firwall

One more shot at this.

WB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accessing-a-network-drive-off-the-back-of-a-firwall.958887/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok so I have had this problem for months I really have tried everything I can think of but just don t get what is happening Set Up Speedtouch ADSL modem - DHCP server - Linksys wireless router - connected to modem network the Wireless when on files accessing drops local out - A PC is conncted to the wireless router via ethernet and I use a laptop via wireless The Problem Mostly the laptop works fine over wireless But whenever I do something over the local network view files on the pc try to back up laptop files to the pc or even access laptop files from the pc the laptop s wireless connection drops out within sec By drop out the laptop still says it is connected but has no internet access I cannot access the wireless router by IP address when this happens either The worst bit is that when I disconnect and try reconnecting to the wireless router I can t - the only solution is to restart the ADSL modem rebooting the linksys router doesn t help Also I do get disconnected and can t reconnect very occasionally when I m Wireless drops out when accessing local files on the network just using internet once a day max What I ve Tried ipconfig all - didn t see anything unusual changing DHCP to the wireless router Now this was weird - I couldn t get DNS working when I did this Tried using Wireless drops out when accessing local files on the network openDNS but no luck and when I decided to copy the modem s DNS settings they were all set as tried hours of googling for the problem turning off all antivirus programs etc lots Other Info Don t think it is the Wireless drops out when accessing local files on the network laptop - works fine on other networks lan etc When the laptop is close to the wireless router i e bars instead of the normal the problem doesn t seem to occur I really can t figure this out any help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated I have spent hours trying to fix this but can t figure out what s wrong Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless drops out when accessing local files on the network

my initaill reaction was to see if there are firmware updates avaible for the modem/router/ and a driver update for the pc network adapter
BUT when you said
When the laptop is close to the wireless router (i.e 5 bars instead of the normal 3), the problem doesn't seem to occur. Click to expand...

wasnt so sure - BUT it would be worth looking at the firmware and see what updates are available
If we could have makes and exact models of all devices - we should be able to post the information here

This only ever happens on wireless - the ethernet connected PC still works fine on the internet when the "drop out" occurs
correct ?

Lets try a few things -
When its working normally - make a note of all the status light on the router and modem
then when it "drops out" check those light and post any difference here

again when its working correclty lets see an ipconfig /all and various ping tests and post results here- see below
Now when it drops out repeat all the tests and save to something like notepad and when you have internet access post back here - make sure we know which is which

Also lets see what the wireless landscape looks like - post and image of the xirrus wireless tool - see details below
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use t... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-drops-out-when-accessing-local-files-on-the-network.961555/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok guys I have been struggling with this problem for quite some time So on a different computer from the one I am on right now I have a problem connecting to the internet When I accessing though says connected even internet network/sharing Problem open up network and sharing center I see that I have full bars and internet access However when I open up any browser it just buffers and struggles Problem accessing internet even though network/sharing says connected to open a page It takes around minutes for google to even load Then it immediately crashes This is a computer in good condition also None of my other computers or devices have a problem accessing the internet and all use the same router Also using an Ethernet cable works and so does the internet when I use my phone as a hotspot I have tried ipconfig release and reobtain it I have tried to flush the dns Problem accessing internet even though network/sharing says connected I have even tried to upgrade to windows another story but it will not allow my computer to do this idk why When I diagnose connection problems it says that a connection is broken between access point router or modem Any suggestions are appreciated thanks so much I have a inspiron n by the way with a bios

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/397085-problem-accessing-internet-even-though-network-sharing-says-connected.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Command Prompt Network snip attached I simply want to be able to share files between my laptop and pc on my home network--both are running windows home premium bit First I ran into the quot windows cannot setup a homegroup on this computer quot on both computers It seems some people have been helped by solutions offered here quot Windows cannot set up homegroup on this computer quot but I'm among the ones who still can't get homegroups to work I decided that if I could just share directly via network folders that'd still be ok with me So unless someone has a pearl of wisdom regarding resolving my homegroup problem I'll make my question more about what follows So second I was able to access each of the computers for a day or so from each other via quot Network quot One thing that was odd was that I when typing in my standard administrator credentials for the other computer it wouldn't let me login I discovered that if I created another user account with admin status that laptop, accessing from Network, main is account desktop my missing this would let me log into the other computer HOWEVER something has happened Now on my laptop when I go to Network gt Desktop Name gt Network, accessing from laptop, my main desktop account is missing Users I would normally expect to see my main user account However it is missing and the only folders there are quot default quot and quot public quot QUESTION What do I need to do to fix this I've tried everything here Why are computers missing from the network map and turning off windows firewall on the home Network, accessing from laptop, my main desktop account is missing network it didn't work so it's back on I of course have tried rebooting at the same time and basic things like that The desktop is wired directly to my wire router and my laptop is accessing it wirelessly I'm not very techy just had my fifth baby boy and simply want to be able to share things like photos Network, accessing from laptop, my main desktop account is missing between the two computers I'm usually one that is able to hunt out solutions but I'm at the end of my rope and would love to see if anyone here can help me Thanks so much

A:Network, accessing from laptop, my main desktop account is missing

Deleting the file idstore.sst under windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking fixed it.

Did you try that?

You will need to go into folder options and uncheck the hidden files and folders in order to see that file.

Other than that you should go through this Homegroup trouble shooter.
Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

It's also important to remember that just about ANY third party A/V software can and will prevent Homegroups from working as it should. Often times the only way to get Homegroups working is to uninstall completely the A/V software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/260539-network-accessing-laptop-my-main-desktop-account-missing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All,
I just received this "a network error occurred while accessing this document on the internet" it is a 6.5M PDF document. Anybody had this issue with Win 7 or IE10? - I am cooking with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32bit.
May thanks, Geoff.

A:Solved: A network error occured while accessing this document on the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-a-network-error-occured-while-accessing-this-document-on-the-internet.1100742/
Relevancy 44.72%

Back in the days of Windows 3.1 or 95, I kind of forget, I started simply setting the exact same user name and password on each of my home computers, then setting each computer's drive to be shared. I strongly doubt this is the correct way, and now with one of my computers running Windows 10 which does not even allow me to use a common user name but forces an email address, I guess the days of doing things wrong need to be gone.

Can anyone direct me to a good resource that VERY simply will show me step by step how to set each computer's settings so I can access the computers, drives, directories and files? And by "access" I should state I mean Full Access -Read, Write, Create, Delete and anything else one might wish to do?

Thank-you very much!

A:Accessing another computer's files accross my home private network

Quote: Originally Posted by brucemc777

...now with one of my computers running Windows 10 which does not even allow me to use a common user name but forces an email address...

Using a local account is of course still possible in Windows 10. Check these tutorials and posts at our sister site the Ten Forums to see how to install Windows 10 using a local account instead of an MS Account, and how to set up basic networking:Installation tutorial, Step 20 shows how to set up Windows 10 Build 10122 with a local account: Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
A video showing the same: Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Page 24 - Windows 10 Forums
A video showing how to install Windows 10 Build 10074 or older with a local account: Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Page 9 - Windows 10 Forums
Basic Windows networking, including Windows 10 networking: Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371138-accessing-another-computers-files-accross-my-home-private-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

After installing the Anniversary Update on my Surface Pro, every time I try to access a network resource that needs credentials, before the login pop-up comes up, explorer will crash. Every time.
If I manually add the credentials through Control Panel, then I can connect without issue. It only occurs when I do not have credentials stored for the resource. I tried "resetting" my Surface, which involves reinstalling Windows, and I still get the issue.
This is such an odd thing - is anyone else seeing this?

A:Anniversary Update - Explorer Crashing When Accessing a Network Share

Windows 10 Anniversary Update common problems and how to fix them | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434282-anniversary-update-explorer-crashing-when-accessing-network-share.html