Windows Support Forum

"Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options

Q: "Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options

I am still having issues getting offline files to work correctly I have a notebook running Windows Pro that syncs with a options available dissapeared option in tab offline" "Always folder and Offline Files desktop also running Win Pro After a clean install due to the many issues I've had dealing with Offline Files before I just synced folder to see if it would work And it did Windows synced the folder and it was made available offline I could easily make folders available offline by simply right-clicking "Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options on a folder and clicking the option quot Always available offline quot I was also able to successfully sync my Documents Desktop and Favorites folders using folder redirection Oddly when I tried to make a new folder available offline a few weeks later the option is gone for any other folders new or previously existing And when I right-click on a folder or file and choose Properties the "Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options Offline Files tab no longer shows as well I have a fairly simple home network setup My notebook computer syncs with a desktop PC also running Windows Professional I call this the quot Server quot PC Nothing has changed network-wise or configuration wise on either PC I haven't messed with any network settings or played around with offline files settings since the last successful sync No new networking hardware has been added either Screenshots below screenshot See the three folders below with the green sync icon over them But notice how the quot Always available offline quot option is missing from the menu when I right-click on any folder screenshot below If I right-click on one of those quot original quot folders and go to Properties notice how the Offline Files tab is visible However I can no longer uncheck this folder from being available offline If I uncheck the quot Always available offline quot check box Apply then hit OK nothing happens And when I go back into the Properties for that folder the check box is checked again It's like it doesn't even save my settings Oh and another strange issue while I'm here The quot Media quot folder shown below doesn't actually sync It shows that it's marked to be available offline but as soon as I disconnect from the network it's not available But the other folders DO sync regularly Only the Media folder doesn't sync at all the media folder just has a few video files less than MB screenshot below Here is screen shot of me trying to make the quot ClientData quot folder available offline but the quot Always available offline quot options does not appear when I right-click on it Any ideas as to what would cause this and or how to fix Keep in mind that I disabled and re-enabled offline files increased the space reserved for offline files played with the group policy settings trying to force the folder to sync and then I reformatted the database all to no avail Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6285c814-837c-4798-838f-e2ba00dec5fe/quotalways-available-offlinequot-option-and-offline-files-tab-dissapeared-in-folder-options?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.17%

Hi guys After my pc has been infected by the quot bagle prague quot hldrrr in "show Option options disappeared controlpanel->folder files" hidden wintems flec srosa i got cleaned by a software called Regrun Option "show hidden files" in controlpanel->folder options disappeared But the malwares have left some problems on my pc The main Option "show hidden files" in controlpanel->folder options disappeared problem is In Control Option "show hidden files" in controlpanel->folder options disappeared Panel Folder option View i can t find the options related to quot show hidden files quot In this forum there is a solution already posted but it didn t solve my problem The member says to go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Folder Hidden and change the value into quot group quot My problem is I do not have this last folder in the registry line quot hidden quot I mean there is HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Folder and in this folder quot folder quot there s no quot hidden quot folder So I can t change the value of quot hidden quot cause there s no quot hidden quot Help me please thanks nbsp

A:Option "show hidden files" in controlpanel->folder options disappeared

Greetings pokemon2005, Welcome To TSG

Show hidden files and folders - option missing or does not work
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/show-hidden-files-and-folders-option-missing-or-does-not-work/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/option-show-hidden-files-in-controlpanel-folder-options-disappeared.712704/
Relevancy 92.38%

Hello I have a new printer for my Vista the Dell v w However it will not print My Dell status v725w Printer "offline-offline" problem is with the Vista as the printer can scan and make copies I just for whatever reason cannot print Whenever I click quot Use Printer Offline quot to turn the on the printer online instead Dell Printer v725w status "offline-offline" it states quot Printer status Offline-Offline quot It says quot offline quot twice When I Dell Printer v725w status "offline-offline" click again it goes back to quot Use Printer Offline quot I cannot turn the printer back online as quot Use Printer Online quot won't show back up I also get a message saying that it is a communication error On a side note does the quot WI-fi quot and quot Ethernet quot icons on the v w need to light up to indicate that the printer is communication with the Vista desktop If so that could be my problem and I don't know how to turn on Wi-Fi Ethernet quot to fix the communication I hope someone can help Thanks video of Dell v w Dell Inkjet V w amp V w printers - YouTube

A:Dell Printer v725w status "offline-offline"

(please delete .. some weird glitch where the text did not show and I could not edit to fix it)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301621-dell-printer-v725w-status-offline-offline.html
Relevancy 88.97%

The offline files tab is missing from the folder options on XP on my desktop PC. (The other three tabs are present). This has not mattered in the past but I have now networked this to a laptop and want to share files and use syncronisation between the two machines. Any help would be much appreciated

A:Missing Offline Files tab in folder options

You need to ensure that Fast User Switching is disabled: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307853

Also, make sure you are enabling offline files on the computer that is accessing the network share, the one that does not have a copy of the files locally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-offline-files-tab-in-folder-options.1014851/
Relevancy 88.04%

The offline files tab is missing from the folder options on XP on my desktop PC. (The other three tabs are present). This has not mattered in the past but I have now networked this to a laptop and want to share files and use syncronisation between the two machines. Any help would be much appreciated

Relevancy 86.49%

I Windows related Files Authentication Offline 7 to "Disconnected" Pro have been fighting a problem for years that I may finally have a clue about If you access a network resource turn on offline flies for any file or folder and do not save your authentication to that remote system -- Offline Files will never allow that system to prompt you for authentication ever Windows 7 Pro Offline Files "Disconnected" related to Authentication again I have a Windows Pro installation on a laptop that switches networks very often and I've Windows 7 Pro Offline Files "Disconnected" related to Authentication tried to use Offline files to manage file access while I'm off of a particular network The laptop is not joined to a domain and access remote files through UNC shares like computer share Typically what I experience is that after connecting to the network Sync Center Offline Files refuses to acknowledge the remote system is available All synced files that you've made offline can be accessed but non-synced files are inaccessible I can ping the system successfully and I can access the share from another computer confirming it is absolutely operating and available Sync Center gt Offline files shows the system as quot Disconnected quot quot Work Online quot disappears and no longer becomes an option when browsing the offline folders in question There is absolutely no way to convince sync center it can reconnect even though it can I think I discovered the underlying problem after throwing my hands up and turning off online files permanently As soon as I disabled offline files rebooted and tried to access the same network resource -- I got a username password prompt What I believe is happening is that offline files is blocking the authentication request from bubbling up to the UI It is connecting to the network resource getting denied access and deciding that resource is not available Since you can never be prompted for auth the non-synced files become unavailable indefinitely I've tested this theory by storing authentication in Control Panel gt Credential Manager So far I've been able to disconnect and reconnect to the network multiple times and offline files has been able to reconnect and detect the remote system is available Time will tell to see if this is a solid work-around My suggestion to any MSFT folks reading this post - please put in a bug report somewhere that offline files blocks authentication prompts and can create a situation where remote resources can never be accessed again

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0316827a-97bf-4bcf-8457-ac122cc176a6/windows-7-pro-offline-files-quotdisconnectedquot-related-to-authentication?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.87%

Hi Everyone I have a work laptop Windows - and whilst I use the laptop at work I have a network drive mapped On the mapped drive there is a folder that specifically contains my personal work files e g Excel Word etc Effectively my quot Documents quot folder is located on the server I have right clicked on the mapped folder that contains my personal files and selected quot Always Available Offline quot On several occassions I have taken my laptop home and the personal files that I usually access at work have been available However on more than one occassion now I have taken the laptop home and the personal files haven t been available It seems like in losing files" "offline 7 Windows Randomly my laptop is quot forgetting quot that it should be keeping a copy of my personal files for offline Randomly losing "offline files" in Windows 7 use Has anybody else experienced random quot offline Randomly losing "offline files" in Windows 7 file quot availability issues with Windows If so any advice will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo P S I can re-sync the files through quot Sync Center quot in Control Panel when I am at Randomly losing "offline files" in Windows 7 work however sometimes I forget to do this and I was also under the impression that I shouldn t have to nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-losing-offline-files-in-windows-7.1038874/
Relevancy 85.25%

Hi,
I get the same problem as with windows 7 with offline files. A grey "X" on some user home drives (even on one desktop). I know how to fix with the formatdatabase registry entry however I would like to know the cause and is there a domian fix \
GPO script to fix. Is the registry fix deleting the cache - if so a GPO will actually delete all offline files in order to force the fix.
The solution in the windows 7 forum work for winows 8.1 not sure why this was not fix in the OS!?
Any help is much appreciated! Thanks Rick.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7eb3fcf0-67fb-48d2-b39a-e68bbc823bf6/windows-81-offline-files-quotgrey-xquot?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 111.37%

There is a Lanier LD117 Printer recently installed in the office, which is connected to the network, to be used by the two computers in the office (both are Windows 7 equipped). However, the printer shows "offline" on the computers when the printer
is on.
Secondly, the printer says there is a paper type/size mismatch. After changing the printer (and the computer) settings to the correct ones, the printer still says its mismatched. And the confusing thing is if you select FormFeed manually on the printer,
the documents that are waiting will print anyways, even though it says it cant and even though the computers say its offline.

How can I reset the system so the documents will print automatically upon command via the two computers?

Thanks!

Jacob

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d979e9e1-c24c-4d45-bf3c-25411a29c60c/printer-says-quotofflinequot-and-quotmismatch-paper-sizetype?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 108.36%

somebody pls help me
i got hit by some virus(trojan i think ) and try to run norton but notron cannot clean some suspect file. it show
- error opening (Access denied)[4] or
- error opening (folder locked)[4]
after running norton i found that 'folder options' from Tools command is diappear
i download and repaire registary as kiwiguy suggest

kiwiguy said:

Go here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Read the heading as to how to apply these Registry "fixes", and then scroll down to number 129 and click on it to download the registry script to correct this problem.Click to expand...

now i can see 'folder options' but cannot find 'show hidden file and folder' checkbox
pls help me, thank in advance!!!!

A:checkbox for "show hidden files and folders" disappear from folder option

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/checkbox-for-show-hidden-files-and-folders-disappear-from-folder-option.607704/
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi all,
My daughter has a Dell 5558 laptop, and since the Anniversary Update a month ago, it is stuck at the welcome screen. It asks for the most recent password or PIN, then says that's wrong and "Your PC is offline. Sign in with the last password used on this PC." Typing in the last password or PIN does not work. I've found advice saying that plugging it into the network with Ethernet would solve it, but it doesn't. I made a USB recovery stick earlier, but ... she doesn't know where it is. So is there a workaround for this? I can't even log in to run recovery. F12 only offers the HD, not the recovery system. I'd like to roll it back, but I can't get to system restore and the previous restore points, either.
Any ideas appreciated!
Randall

A:Win10 1607 breaks Dell 5558, "Your PC is offline..."

You're going to need to find that recovery media (or alternatively download an ISO of either it from Dell or Windows 10 from Microsoft).
Once you have that ready, boot the system from it and either try a repair (when I've seen this happen, that hasn't helped) or recovery (which will).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995696
Relevancy 104.92%

When I upgraded messenger it left a new wrinkle. When I am not using messenger it leaves a little whitefaced smiley in my task bar. How can I remove that and prevent it from loading when I boot??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yahoo-messenger-offline-icon-in-task-bar-removal.550837/
Relevancy 104.92%

Whenever the laptop gets out of range or I just simply turn it off, the next time it automatically finds and connects to a wireless network, it is always "Work Offline" under the Tools menu on IE7.

When I clear the checked box against this it is quite happy to connect and operate normally .... til the next time!

What am I doing wrong to be having this (minor) problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-reverts-to-work-offline-after-disconnecting-from-network.711836/
Relevancy 104.92%

I just installed Office 2010 and setup Outlook. This is a home PC and not connected to an Exchange server. Under the Send/Receive tab, there is an icon indicating "Work Offline". I sent an e-mail to another G-mail account it WAS received. Outlook test messages work. But, I can NOT send an e-mail to another personal e-mail account I have on this computer. Nor can that account send to my primary account.

I want full functionality including the Work Offline icon to respond as it should. Ideas?

Phil

A:Outllook 2010 - Can't Change "Work Offline" Status

No responses, so decided to create a second profile. I now have two, but set up e-mail in second profile. This profile does not have Work Offline, but the first profile still does. I am half-afraid to kill the first profile in fear the Work Offline will appear on the remaining profile.

Phil

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/288731-outllook-2010-cant-change-work-offline-status.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Computer Specs Hp DV - dx Windows Bit Ultimate Intel Core Duo Ghz processor Gb Ram Hey guys thanks a lot for strolling through I truly appreciate it and hope with everyones assistance this issue will get resolved So here's my issue have I've found that everytime I have allowed windows update to install anything that has had to do with security following the updates I have always run into the BSOD resulting in restoring my computer to an earlier date Well Offline" with Defender Bootable error "Windows 0x code utility Problem this time things are a bit different Whenever my computer has seemed to start to choke up and really begins to lag from things as simple as maximizing a minimized window and it taking about seconds for it to do so the BSOD is coming Heres an example of one Ill be honest with you guys I dont know how to interpret what the cause of it is nor do I know where people find it event viewer logs but surprisingly I've worked on computers all my life really So heres the issue Computer completely froze up on me this time cursor wouldn't react nothing BSOD then I found myself in A continuous looping failure Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x of Windows Start up Repair unable to actually load windows Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x I tried repairing the device by booting off my windows disk and this is the error I keep getting by the way let me add that theres no restore point of course right so that wasn't an option Now if im not mistaken that will be translated further in my logs file Ive honestly really never known how to go about checking but always have seen people pasting a huge report of there BSOD's on here for people to examine and I dont know how to find that info I dont mind being honest here Anyhow I looked it up and found here on the forum the quot Windows Defender offline quot utility which I made on another laptop running windows bit as well putting it onto a USB flash drive which it updated and all this time booting off of the flash drive and this is what I had in front of me just to confirm Thinking things were going to go well then this error screen pops up error x Which then restarts the computer I looked it up and honestly was overwhelmed with so many things that I couldn't do such as sfc scannow which didnt work because the only time I am able to open up command prompt is when I were to place the windows cd in and go into repair which in command prompt tells me it cannot perform the scan because there is a Windows repair in progress Restart the computer and try again I dont know what to do guys but honestly my life is on this hard drive and I cannot I cant lose all of my stuff GOOD NEWS IS I think I removed the hard drive and plugged it into my Drive Mate and im able to access all the files I put as much of what I could onto an external HD in case things turn for the worst But im hoping by having access to all the folders as if I were able to load windows maybe with your guys assistance I could rid the issue thats causing this all Please Again thanks for reading through this and sticking through it with me I am confident that whatever questions you may have I can answer even if I have to look up how to get them so please if there is anything further that I have left out or anyone may need to assist me fire away please It would mean the world to me honestly for mine is on this hard drive Thanks so much

A:Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x

no one?? :/
how about if I just delete the boot folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/364890-problem-bootable-windows-defender-offline-utility-error-code-0x.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Wondering if someone can help me with something I printing showing with OS Mac wireless "offline" Printer just got a new Brother w Printer It installs and works fine with the USB connection The wireless setup also works fine the test page prints fine However when I try to print something wirelessly I get an quot offline quot error I have read and Printer showing "offline" printing wireless with Mac OS run all the troubleshooting tips I could and from what I can tell everything is set up fine and should be Printer showing "offline" printing wireless with Mac OS working correctly The computer and the printer are communicating The network is setup correctly and the IP address is set up as static I have the latest drivers and firmware for the printer I did read that there were some problems with Mac OS and brother w which is the old printer I had and that they had been worked out I was never able to print wirelessly with the either I just used the USB I am currently running Mac Os I was hoping getting the new printer would solve my problem Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Printer showing "offline" printing wireless with Mac OS

This is not for Mac but might give you some clues.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.co...ang=en&c=us&prod=mfc7840w_all&page=FaqEndPage

Do you have to change the Brother IP from Static to use an IP address on your LAN (Network)?

Also if you are using the same Mac with the USB settings try removing/uninstalling the Brother software completely and disconnect the USB.

Then try installing again and select Wireless connection as having both USB and Wireless Printer setup might be confusing your Mac?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-showing-offline-printing-wireless-with-mac-os.906820/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi eveyone, I have a Acer Aspire 5732 Z laptop which randomly shut down whilst in use earlier, and now it won't boot up at all. It seems to go around in the same loop - the screen says "loading files" then the Startup Repair starts, I let it run but it just says "Windows cannot repair this computer automatically", the problem details are as follows:

Problem event name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21201003
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 21
Problem Signature 07: CorruptFile

[There is also the OS Version number and the Locale ID]

I've tried to System Restore to an earlier date, but this does not work. I've been trying to google the problem for hours, but I'm not the most computer literate person so I just don't understand how to fix the problem. I'm pulling my hair out!

Please somebody help! I really need the laptop for Tuesday! Thanks.

A:Windows won't boot up - "Startup repair offline"

Hi and welcome to TSF if you have a install or recovery disc you could try a start up repair with it Startup Repair - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-wont-boot-up-startup-repair-offline-578896.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Basically i got some sort of virus that would give me nasty sexual popups and another popup "Webpage Unavailable while offline" Virus/Problem saying that i had a virus and should download this program to stop it I obviously didn't believe the popup "Webpage Unavailable while offline" Virus/Problem except for the virus part haha Another issue besides the popups is a message that says quot webpage unavailable while offline quot when i try to open say control panel or my computer which is very "Webpage Unavailable while offline" Virus/Problem frustrating I ran avast which got rid of some trojans and i used ccleaner and killbox to get rid of some bad processes So the sex popup and virus alert popup problem is gone but i still can't open up some files like control panel my computer etc because of the quot webpage unavailable while offline quot popup There are some suspicious processes called quot services exe quot and quot winlogon exe quot which i haven't seen until the problem arose If i try and stop them or delete them with killbox it will blue screen my computer Here is the hijackthis log of my computer at the moment Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe X Program Files Avast aswUpdSv exe X Program Files Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CamTray exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Stickies stickies exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe X Program Files Avast ashMaiSv exe X Program Files Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Erik Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome ex C Documents and Settings Erik Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome ex C Documents and Settings Erik My Documents Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com accounts ServiceL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskb O - HKLM Run Unovoqe rundll exe quot C WINDOWS Vmeverihehafiley dll quot e O - HKLM Run Cbiri rundll exe quot C WINDOWS oqasunog dll quot e O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU ... Read more

A:"Webpage Unavailable while offline" Virus/Problem

Hello eparnell, Welcome to TSF.

We no longer use HijackThis as our initial analysis tool.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html
After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one will be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/webpage-unavailable-while-offline-virus-problem-351635.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi , I have recently installed Sony Vegas pro 8.0 and Moyea FLV to video converter.The problem is when I import the converted .avi files into Vegas I only get the audio and where the video thumb should be I have a window which read "media offline"
Can anyone please help with this problem ? Thanks in advance.

A:Sony vegas "media offline" problem

If you have no joy here try the own Vegas forum which is very helpful http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showtopics.asp?forumid=12

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vegas-media-offline-problem.718636/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi , I have recently installed Sony Vegas pro 8.0 and Moyea FLV to video converter.The problem is when I import the converted .avi files into Vegas I only get the audio and where the video thumb should be I have a window which read "media offline"
Can anyone please help with this problem ? Thanks in advance.

A:Sony Vegas "media offline" problem

Sound like the conversion may not have gone as anticipated.

Have you tried their forums?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vegas-media-offline-problem.718634/
Relevancy 104.49%

hi all i am new SP1; "slipstreaming" 0 5 KB976933-LangsCab extraction to of Offline to this forum i specifically selected to join here for resolving an issue regarding offline slipstreaming of SP Though MS doesnot officially provide slipstreaming of SP i know we can use RT lite or DISM to do offline slipstreaming My daughter recently bought an ACER laptop which Offline "slipstreaming" of SP1; KB976933-LangsCab 0 to 5 extraction came loaded with minimal LINUX and the dealer sold a windows original DVD Unfortunately it is pre-sp windows i thought i will use RT lite to slipstream SP and also add latest post-sp updates before loading the Windows i have my desktop running on windows bit with sp updated RT lite stops showing that Service pack not integrated properly So i thought i will check to see manually if i can slipstream i understand the procedure from net and this forum i ran the sp exe to obtain the cab files i extracted all files in the bigger cab using expand command in a flat folder i also expanded the nestedmpp cab i can see the update ses and mum files which require modification for offline not installed But the problem comes with Lang cab to lang cab files Lang cab file is smaller and extracts quickly and without error When i try to extract lang cab file using winrar -zip or uniextract get the error message that blah blah blah each time i get different file name file cannot be created I then thought the sp file i downloaded is corrupt so i redownloaded another time fc gives that both files are bit perfect matching and with this again the error comes so i decided to look into this exactly which file is failing Wonder of wonder testing archive gives no error When i open another folder and extract the files it extracts smoothly To be precise winrar shows that KB -LangsCab cab has files expanding to mb after extracting about files it starts giving errors NOW if i open another folder and extract the rest of files it extracts them without error if i try to copy the files from the new folderr to the original folder i get a windows error quot cannot copy quot blah blah file quot The directory or file cannot be created So i understand it is something to do with the unusally long names winemb-errorreporting bf ad e x fr-fr cat with characters if i rename the file as Test cat it copies smoothly with this background my questions now i think probably the issue is do with the unique shortname business as renaming is working i tried to change the temporary file location but it doesnot help as windows file ultitlity comes into play to copy the file from Rar temp folder to the lang folder i dont know if others ever had this problem and i am surprised i used my laptop on xp and my daughters with minixp to extract and failed as i am using en-us lang pack i am sure i neednot copy other language files as i am slipstreaming for my personal use and i dont require french finnish or swedish or chinese strings how i can filter them from the cab while extracting without manually scanning these file names there is no automatic renaming option to the extractor even if it does then the cabfilelist which windows shall be using to use the cat file will be all wrong i believe online updating will work as only en-us files will be extracted and updated is there a limit on number of files based on unique short file names i thought the number is well beyond and not the files ASIDE i also find two archives integrationcomponents iso and precompact iso in the extracted folder what are they for and what should i do with them thanks for your patience reading the long post hope i get some useful answers regards neelakantan

A:Offline "slipstreaming" of SP1; KB976933-LangsCab 0 to 5 extraction

I will start by admitting that I did NOT read all the post.

Please be aware that 'slipstreaming' in both Vista and Win 7 is of very little validaity, since the result is a minimal installation which has no capability for either repair or reinstall.
Its sole validity is to create something that will boot, and *may* assist in troubleshooting an installation.
multiple languages CANNOT be supported in a slipstreamed disk - becuase the design of the disk is such that it will create ONLY an 'image' of the installed and operational parts of the OS.

If you wish to reinstall, then you MUST use legitimate MS disks, or clones thereof.
If you wish to do many other things, you will also have to use a legitimate disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/196290-offline-slipstreaming-sp1-kb976933-langscab-0-5-extraction.html
Relevancy 104.49%

The latest version of "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" dates from early 2014, and the newest version of Windows mentioned is 8.1.

I wonder whether anyone has used it successfully on Windows 10 (presumably for local, non-Microsoft, accounts)?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/36100-has-anyone-used-offline-nt-password-registry-editor-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi I'm sitting with a big issue at a customer and ask for your help Environment - x Windows R file servers configured in offline before disabling Files: Check files? Offline users integrity CSC DFS - approx x Windows clients Laptops - x network shares Common Common and Homefolder nbsp - quot Offline Files quot and quot Folder Redirection quot enabled for entire user profile - Everything is controlled by GPOs and there are no login scripts Symptom Due to some faulty settings in Offline Files: Check users CSC integrity before disabling offline files? the client GPO and the fact that the quot Common quot shares was set to allow Offline Caching of files and folders the majority of clients now suffer from sync issues and conflicts Most of the conflicted files are located in the users home folder but some users are also seeing the same issues with files located on the quot Common quot shares The users themselfes are not allowed to enable Offline Files as this is disabled by GPOs The only folders that should be treated as Offline Files are the ones in the users home folder Solution A new set of GPOs have been created that correctly set up quot Offline Files quot and quot Folder Redirection quot These are linked to a test-OU and the computers and users applied to that OU are not suffering from the problems above Question When we move a client the cache will be deleted and all non-sync'd work will be lost Today we manually look at every users sync center and try to resolve the conflicts before we move them to the new OU This is extremely time consuming when we are looking at potentially affected clients Is there any way one could check the integrity of the clients CSC Offline Cache before they get moved to the new OU We have SCCM R for inventory but I cant find any good report there Maybe scripting with PowerShell or VB All advices are welcome Best regards Jimmy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5789b8e2-2994-437e-8146-14bcc78a5487/offline-files-check-users-csc-integrity-before-disabling-offline-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 103.63%

I did a search on this site, hoping to find someone else had this problem, but I came up empty handed.

My annoying problem is that I am using IE 6.0, and the "Work Offline, No internet connection is currently detected, blah blah blah" window keeps popping up! It will pop up even if I don't have IE 6 loaded. If I shut down all of my browsers and walk away, when I come back, there will be like 40 taskbar buttons, all the same, this annoying 'work offline' window has popped up over and over.

I have tried an IE repair, under the add/remove program. Didn't work. I am using AOL to get online, if that matters. But even if AOL is not loaded, nor any browsers, this "work offline' still pops up.

Can someone help? Thanks...

Relevancy 103.63%

Every time I start up my Windows2K pro computer and launch Internet explorer5 it gives me the irritating dialog box.

"No connection to the internet is currently available....Click try again to attempt to connect" Prompts me to choose either Work Offline or Try Again.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

CF

Relevancy 103.63%

For the last little while something called quot Click-to-Run quot on my computer was continually prompting me to update my version of Office since I hadn't done so in awhile and the other day it automatically ran the update for me Up until this point I continuously chose the option to remind me later Since then I've been getting strange things happening to my laptop such as the error message upon start up saying that my version of Windows isn't genuine even though I assume it is -- because I haven't installed a different version of Windows since I bought my laptop and when I used the product key I was provided with the activation worked as well as multiple of my programs continuously crashing eg NJStar Japanese Word Processor freezes up and crashes right after being opened The update supposedly finished today even though it was installing updates yesterday and I received another message saying quot Updates have been applied you can go offline now quot which I found go been now" you applied, offline "updates Click-to-Run can have particularly strange I ran Click-to-Run "updates have been applied, you can go offline now" several virus and malware tests Click-to-Run "updates have been applied, you can go offline now" with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and AVG Internet Security with no threats coming up I may just be paranoid but when searching about the quot you can go offline now quot message on Google I wasn't able to find anything useful

A:Click-to-Run "updates have been applied, you can go offline now"

I don't know if this will help but it shouldn't hurt.

Reboot and run Windows 7 Updates again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351187-click-run-updates-have-been-applied-you-can-go-offline-now.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I am using Thunderbird 3.0.6 and enjoy it allot. The BIG problem is that it ALWAYS starts in Offline mode, even when connected to the internet. I have the settings set to Online mode at start up, but it does not work.

Is there anyway I can get Thunderbird 3.0.6 to start in online mode when online?

This problem is starting to bug me...

Thanks.

Scott

A:Thunderbird startiing in "offline mode"..

1) get an Internet Connection
2) start TB
3) read one msg
4) ask for Get New Messages
5) NOW immediately, QUIT TB

Then try restarting TB and look for the ONLINE Icon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thunderbird-startiing-in-offline-mode.151452/
Relevancy 103.63%

Ok Tech Guyers Problem I bought a GB SATA hard drive and installed it last night along with a x or something that size fan and a new HSF Problem is after installing the SATA drive I formatted it using Windows quot Disk Management quot and transferred a lot of my files of my program exes photos music movies etc etc and stupid me cut paste not copy paste Anyway the x fan is really loud Which is another problem so there were major things I did before the problem I didn t like "Offline" Drive Solved: New Hard the fact that the hard drive was named f since my DVD CD drive was e so I changed it to N so I could change E to F and N to E if you get Solved: New Hard Drive "Offline" what I mean Windows said quot Are you sure You may damage links quot Solved: New Hard Drive "Offline" or something like that After turning off the computer I removed the x fan from the pin connector but the thing was that the pin connector converter was still connected to the GB HD s power source After turning on the computer the computer refused to turn on so I knew I had to remove the connector thing Now powering on Solved: New Hard Drive "Offline" and loading windows etc etc I see that the drive is quot offline quot when using Windows quot Disk Management quot I cannot reactivate it nor do I want to re-format it So that s the dilemma My System Specs P ghz Prescott Stock Gigabyte i plg or something GB DDR RAM x XT MB Hard Drives GB Seagate IDE GB WDC IDE GB SATA Thanks Guys nbsp

Relevancy 103.63%

My sister s printer is connected with a wireless network to her office computer It suddenly and without any provocation that she can see has went quot offline quot and now refuses to print at all Can t get it out of quot offline quot "offline" printer Solved: Network I ve Solved: Network printer "offline" tried the services gt print spool restart checked the queue to make sure nothing was preventing Solved: Network printer "offline" it from printing unplugged it plugged it back in rebooted the computer we have not uninstalled and reinstalled the software yet because she can t find her CD So aside from uninstalling reinstalling does anyone have any ideas of what to try I m assuming this is a network problem The only thing that has changed between when it worked and when it didn t is that she lent her laptop also on the network to our niece for college because hers just blew up literally sparks smoke everything But that being quot out quot of the network shouldn t cause the problem I wouldn t think nbsp

Relevancy 103.63%

I have a problem the "work online message appears again and again. This message picture is attached with this post. is this any spyware working on my computer or ??? going in my pc. Can someone help me in this regard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/work-offline-message-appears-again-and-again.681842/
Relevancy 103.63%

I've had to call OKI support before on this, and they're very helpful, but I'm tired of this and need a solution that doesn't leave me with a printer that won't print every time I disconnect the USB hub it's plugged in to. In my list of printers, I now have 3 or 4 OKIs listed (2 say "copy") but I have just one OKI printer.

I've tried turning the printer off, unplugging the USB and restarting my computer, but nothing is helping. I can't dedicate one if my two USB ports to this printer. I have several other things I use regularly.

Thank you so much for any help, and if all else fails, I'll call OKI again tomorrow.

Peachy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-okidata-610n-offline.1149826/
Relevancy 103.63%

I am currently servicing a computer which gives not "Object XP: name backup found."; Offline the following information in a quot stop quot red circle white X message quot lsass exe - System Error Object name not found quot I decided to do a repair install error message still occurs during the post-reboot second phase of the repair install If I close the box the XP: "Object name not found."; Offline backup computer reboots It turns into an endless cycle of reboots if I continue to click I am authorized to do a reinstall if necessary and may do so As a courtesy I would like to provide the owner with a backup of his documents and settings prior to the fresh install But because I cannot boot into Windows successfully I need to find a boot CD image preferably freeware that will allow me to backup the user's documents and settings without the need for the Windows GUI offline I believe it's called Does anyone know of one Jason D Kozdra AIS Vero Beach FL

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-object-name-not-found-offline-backup-402164.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I have had the Ad Watch bug and get the "create an association in the Folder Options" error message when trying to open a program. Nothing will open and all exe.and lnk. files are missing from Folder Options. When I try to create new exe. files and new lnk files, the "apply" button is not highlighted so it will not save. I can make other changes and the button is there but it still won't save the exe changes. I am at my wits end. I have been on most forums looking for the answer. Please help.

Relevancy 101.48%

Beginning today, I started my computer and a short time later tried to print a document. It did not print and the printer status shows offline at my computer, but it is working for others in the office. It turns out that all the printers on the network show offline at my computer.

Rebooting results in all documents in queue to print as well as any printed right after rebooting, but soon thereafter, they all show offline.

Also, beginning today Notepad opens when I start my computer with desktop.ini opened. It reads:

[.ShellClassInfo]
[email protected]%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

No recent software changes have been made.

Relevancy 101.48%

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is now an update resolving the network printers becoming offline.
I cannot remove-add the same printers again and again specially for the people i support in our office.

Thanks

A:Network Printers getting "offline"

Hi,

Any news if Microsoft already have a fix on Network printers who are being forgotten by the PC whenever logged out of the network?

My workaround for this problem is to remove the stored printer and add it again which should not be the case if you do this so many times a week.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45225-network-printers-getting-offline.html
Relevancy 101.48%

My printer, uninstalled and reinstalled, won't communicate with my Dell Inspiron 1100; printer is offline. How to fix?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-aio-944-offline-communication-not-available.775254/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a Canon i printer which I think is just great Never a problem not even one paper jam in the year I ve Why message? IS OFFLINE" do get "PRINTER a I had it However tonight whenever I attempt to print a page from the Net I get the following message PRINTER IS OFFLINE I don t understand this Why do I get a "PRINTER IS OFFLINE" message? at all since I am online and my printer is both plugged Why do I get a "PRINTER IS OFFLINE" message? in and turned on I have gotten this PRINTER IS OFFLINE before on a number of occasions but that was when I really was offline All I had to do then was depress the button and I was ready to print I have been having virus problems in recent days but I didn t think that would affect my printer s functions However I m thinking maybe what I m experiencing IS a virus-related problem especially since I can t make sense of it otherwise Can someone please tell me what is going on I don t find any help at all in the Troubleshooting section Thank you wgreene nbsp

A:Why do I get a "PRINTER IS OFFLINE" message?

The fact that the printer says it's offline has nothing to do with whether or not you are online (internet) or offline. It just can't communicate with the printer. Have you tried power cycling the printer and your pc?
Assuming it's USB, have you, by chance, unplugged in and replugged in into a different usb port?

What virus(es) do you/did you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-i-get-a-printer-is-offline-message.261815/
Relevancy 101.48%

i just bought a webcam and cant install it because windows thinks im offline, i cant install updates or do anything that requires me to be online, im getting very frustrated with this now!!!!!!!! please help anyone

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246048-windows-says-im-offline-when-im-connected.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I have XP, and a Samsung laser printer. I made that the default printer. At first it worked. Now, it says it is "offline," and several "copies" of the printer icon show up under "printers," called Samsung (copy 1), etc. When I tell it to print a document, it goes in the queue and stays there--no printing!
Can someone tell me why copies of the printer icon proliferate, and why it won't print?

Phil

A:New PC, printer shown as "offline"

Remove all those printers copies and keep the first that doesn't have (copyX) next to it. Now you need to purge the print spooler buffer. To do this you need to click on start, then on run: Type: services.msc

scroll down for the print spooler once you find this you just need to right click on it then click on restart. That's it.

Try to print something again..

If that doesn't work then uninstall the driver. Then unplug the printer. Reboot the system. Then install the driver again. Nex connect the printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-printer-shown-as-offline.89017/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have an HP 6830 all-in-one printer with a wireless connection. It constantly shows that it is offline. I cannot find any way to change that status. After trying everything I finally got it to print by stopping the print spooler and then restarting it. While that works it isn't a reliable solution since I need to do that every time I need to print anything. As an FYI, this just started about a week ago.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399261-hp-6830-all-one-printer-offline.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hey all My PC has TB HDs in raid I don t know a 1 Raid Member" "Offline great deal about RAID I bought the PC with the RAID in place I didn t do it myself So anyway one day Raid 1 "Offline Member" I turned the PC on and it just wouldn t boot at all With the help of a mate we managed to look up how to get in to the BIOS config thing for the drives which said quot Raid 1 "Offline Member" member offline quot on both of the drives I really needed access to my PC I m a student and had work that needed doing so I went into the BIOS and changed the hard drives from RAID to IDE It said that windows start up had failed please insert your windows disk blah blah or something to that effect I did so it repaired and my PC finally booted hooray When It started up it showed both the hard drives were working fine they both show up I have C quot local disk quot which it boots from E quot local disk quot the copy of it from RAID and D quot system reserved quot not sure what that is but when I look at the disk on windows explorer it says the folder is empty Now I have kept the PC like this for a few months when I finally got it working again I didn t want to mess it up royally and have no working PC at all I am going home tomorrow and want to attempt to fix this mess When I went into the intel raid utility thing a few months ago I remember having a few options such as remove raid reset raid et cetera but when I clicked on the option I thought would fix the issue it gave me the warning that it would remove all data or something which I veryyy much don t want to happen When I look at the intel matrix storage console after booting it says the the plugins failed to load and whatnot Not sure if this is significant but what the hoo haa So if anyone has the patience to help me try to repair the RAID on my drives without loosing any data I d be much appreciated If you need any more details to help just say so and I ll post nbsp

A:Raid 1 "Offline Member"

I'm not entirely sure anything is wrong.
Most RAID 1 controllers show the computer ONE drive, because the two drives mirror and act as one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-1-offline-member.967812/
Relevancy 101.48%

Note i posted this already but was rejected because this forum uses two other analyzers that produce logs I downloaded both and tried running them in and not in safe mode The quot gmer quot one doesn't respond at all and the other dds one gives me a quot command error quot or something I think its my virus or whatever my problem is that won't let them open properly like many programs unavailable while "Webpage offline" on my computer at the moment The hijackthis did produce a log though So if you could go off of that thats the only one that worked If not i'll just go to a different website i guess I did try to do it properly if its any consolation REPOST Basically i got some sort of virus that would give me nasty sexual popups and another "Webpage unavailable while offline" popup saying that i had a virus and should download this program to stop it I obviously didn't believe the popup except for the virus part haha Another issue besides the popups is a message that says quot webpage unavailable while offline quot when i try to open say control panel or my computer which is very frustrating I ran avast which got rid of some trojans and i used ccleaner and killbox to get rid of some bad processes So the sex popup and virus alert popup problem is gone but i still can't open up some files like control panel my computer etc because of the quot webpage unavailable while offline quot popup There are some suspicious processes called quot services exe quot and quot winlogon exe quot which i haven't seen until the problem arose If i try and stop them or delete them with killbox it will blue screen my computer Here is the hijackthis log of my computer at the moment Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe X Program Files Avast aswUpdSv exe X Program Files Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CamTray exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Stickies stickies exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe X Program Files Avast ashMaiSv exe X Program Files Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Erik Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome ex C Documents and Settings Erik Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome ex C Documents and Settings Erik My Documents Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com accounts ServiceL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Applicati... Read more

A:"Webpage unavailable while offline"

Hello Erik.

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

System drive C: has 3 GB (5%) free of 73 GB

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

------------------------------------------------------

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/webpage-unavailable-while-offline-351946.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I am running a fully legitimate licensed activated copy "Expire" Windows If Will Offline? 8.1 Kept of Windows x Pro MCE I ve been refining a quot no Windows Updates no system networking allowed by firewall quot configuration as I d like to keep my current perfectly working privacy-enhanced setup running indefinitely not moving to Win yet if ever By blocking Windows s attempts to communicate regularly with Microsoft Will Windows 8.1 "Expire" If Kept Offline? s servers am I setting myself up for it to deactivate itself in the future I m concerned that Microsoft may have built in a time bomb If the answer is yes I can consider occasionally opening the firewall ideally as little as possible and allow it to do occasional license or Windows Update checks - though the chances I ll be actually installing any more of Microsoft s actual updates are slim As you can imagine the information online on or around this subject is more oriented to making an unlicensed installation activated Let s avoid discussing that if at all possible that s not my intent Thanks for any knowledge on keeping Windows running quot off the grid quot that you re willing to share

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19985146
Relevancy 101.48%

Sorry if this was posted in the wrong forum this place is confusing Hey I keep running into this message whenever I try to log into my PC quot Your PC is offline Please sign in with the last password used on this PC quot It s a total nightmare I ve tried all the fixes I could find and none of them have worked so far I ve changed my "Your with in the last PC" password this PC offline. sign used is on Please Windows Live password several times in one night and it still gives me that same message Yeah I sign "Your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this PC" into Windows with my Live account at least I think so The actual computer is connected to the Internet I ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting it makes no difference I don t know "Your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this PC" what my last password was that s why I changed it I ve tried typing the password out in lower case letters but it just isn t budging As I d expect with this kind of stuff there s no straight-up answers or quick fixes I ve Googled this problem a few times and most of the results talk about a total re-installation or using some kind of third party software Though a few posts mentioned something about the servers blocking the PC if the wrong password is used too many times and I think that might be my issue right now If it makes any difference I dual boot on this machine and I use Ubuntu of the time Ubuntu is set to French and so are all my Microsoft things but Windows is set to English "Your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this PC" and it s been several months since I last used Windows I m not really sure what the exact version is sorry nbsp

A:"Your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this PC"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-pc-is-offline-please-sign-in-with-the-last-password-used-on-this-pc.1138934/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi All,
I am trying to find the option "make available offline" when you right click a folder that has been shared and configured for caching

When I access it from the network as a share I cant even see the option "Always available offline"

http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/579x487xsshot-140.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ovDxPpD23r.jpg

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c48a98de-fa15-4c5e-9a13-bdbf3bd8b56f/quotmake-available-offlinequot-not-available-windows-7-x64?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 100.62%

I recently had my computer crash due to a TROJAN virus and at that time I had Windows XP service pack 3 which my computer man installed for me. After being infected I had to completely reinstall EVERY thing on my computer taking my computer back down to Service Pack 1 the only operating disks I had. Now when I do a Disk Clean Up, it doesn't have the option to "Compress Old Files." Can some one please tell me why this option is not there and how I could go about fixing this. Thank you.

Relevancy 100.19%

When I click on "tools" on the menu bar in any folder that I am exploring and subsequently click on "folder options" I notice that the "view" tab is completely missing. The only tab I have access to is "file types"

This creates a serious problem when dealing with hidden folders that were hidden prior to me having knowledge of this "view" feature being absent.

What are my options to restore this "view" tab so that I can view the hidden files that I need access to?

TIA

A:"View Tab" in "Folder Options" missing

Other than a system restore, I don't know how to restore the view tab. I can tell you how to enable the hidden files and folders from the registry.
Start> Run> type: regedit and hit OK. Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
Advanced
Click on Advanced folder in the left pane and look for Hidden in the right panel. Set the value to 1 to show and 2 to hide.
If not there, create DWORD value with Value name: Hidden and set the value as above.

Edit: Forgot to add, you need to restart computer for settings to be changed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-tab-in-folder-options-missing.471884/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi,

I have several icons/files from my "User" folder showing up in the "Computer" folder (several in duplicate), PLUS numerous blank icons...

This seems to have occurred after the Common Files folder became corrupted, after I somewhat riskily decided to power off while Vista was attempting to come out of Sleep mode - it had already taken about 3 mins and I was in a hurry - bad move, I know. That delay appears to have been due to an old version of Online Armor, and has now been fixed (by an update). Chkdsk scanned and (apparently) corrected some errors, and I also ran SFC which said it had corrected some errors but had also found some that it couldn't correct. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Icons/Files from "User" folder showing up in "Computer" folder

Hello Aster, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before this happened may be able to fix it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261502-icons-files-user-folder-showing-up-computer-folder.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi,

I noticed that when I click on the drop down for printing options in printing preferences, I'm missing the "Letter" option. It's usually first in the list, but now it changed to 16K.
How do I change that back to "Letter"?

Relevancy 98.47%

Our users "my documents" folders are set up for redirection to \\ourserver\users

We have an XP based machine ( machine X ) that was used by person A, each time they logged off it synchronized as expected.

However machine X is now used by another user B.

Whenever user B logs off user A's offline files still keep synchronising, have deleted all the files from the offline folder I still cannot see a way of stopping user A's files and starting the new user B's files sync.

User A's files were accounting type files and are sensitive files that should not be viewed by others, however by still sync to the offline files folder they can be easily viewed.

Any thoughts as how I can stop this and re-direct the new users files to sync as I need to release this pc for general use.

Cheers.

A:Offline files / folder sync

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307853

You need to unmark the old users' folders for offline use, apply, reboot and make sure that the machine can see the domain and be made happy on that front, log in as the new user and then mark those new folders for offline use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offline-files-folder-sync.910752/
Relevancy 98.47%

Recently a coworker was trying to CUT/PASTE files from their My Documents folder to another location. During the procedure our file server crashed and shutdown. Their My Documents folder is a re-directed and synchronized folder.

I was able to restore the users entire home drive from the previous nights backup to another location. To date the user has been working from this secondary location but wishes to have all the files moved back to their My Documents so that synchronization can occur for offline access.

I am unsure of how to go about doing this safely.

I'm thinking that I should re-initialize the users Offline Cache and Database first, delete what is in My Documents now, and then copy the restored data back to My Documents. Then, at that point in time re-enable offline files and perform a sync.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Scott

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/redirected-folder-offline-files.956470/
Relevancy 98.04%

Before I continue, I'd like to say that I signed up just to post about this problem and if you mention any technology terminology to me, I won't know what you're talking about.

So I have this problem with either my printer or my computer (I think it's the latter) and it's driving me crazy. I cannot freaking do my life without a printer! I have a Mac laptop, I don't know what kind (Lion?) and I don't think it matters anyway. Every time try to print something, when I open up the printer queue it says, "The printer is offline." It's not paused.
It's done this to 3 perfectly operating printers and they only not work in this house. I use printers using USB. I've also tried to print them in 3 different laptops (including mine) and it does the same thing. What's going on?

Relevancy 98.04%

Hi Guys

here's something weird

i got a dialogue box w/ title "Click To Run"
and it prompted me:
"Updates have been successfully applied, you can go offline now."

and i was like wtf? lolz who says i wanted to go offline?

I wasn't doin anything on my laptop when this happened, apart from just installing ProShow Producer software w/c i've done numerous times already before..

using systemexplorer(tm) i was able to see the process that owns this weird window and it's the csrss.exe ... i did checks on this and that csrss.exe seems legit...

so why does a LEGIT windows file csrss.exe prompt me this message out of nowhere, and even suggesting that i can go offline already.. got me scratching my head...

here's a screen shot.. legit csrss.exe file, verified via virusTotal.com

Droplr • Screenshot on 11.4.2012 at 1.45.45 PM.png
any ideas?
Tj

A:Csrss.exe says "...you can go offline now" <-- what??

Hi,

Lets check something:

1. Click Start
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. In the list that appears, right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator
4. In the command window that opens, type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

Report the output once it finishes.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262412-csrss-exe-says-you-can-go-offline-now-what.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Since yesterday I have friends telling me they cannot see me online when I am totally ONLINE! MSN keep telling them I am "Appear Offline" when I am not! What is going on? Anyone faces this issue?

I have already uninstall and install MSN but same problem.

Relevancy 97.18%

I tried searching for "offline" in the forum and scanned through the 250 odd titles that came up but could not find reference to relocating the offline files folder. I frequently take an image of the system drive as a backup but, with an ever increasing offline folder (windows\csc), this is getting unworkable so I want to move the folder to my data drive (D:\).

I've tried using a symbolic link to a folder on the C drive (as I've successfully done with the OneDrive folder) but win10 seems to object and stops working.

Surprisingly, with google there's loads of references to doing this with previous versions of windows but I can't find anything Win10 specific. Does anybody know of a reliable way of relocating the csc folder?

A:Want to move Offline Files Folder (Windows\CSC)

Yes, there is not a method to do yet. I tried all steps of W7, WIN VISTA!!.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/20304-want-move-offline-files-folder-windows-csc.html
Relevancy 97.18%

is this possible?

I have a 4gb drive that has windows on and when i make a network file available offline, by default it is being saved to this drive. What I want is for the offline files to be saved on the 250gb hard disk I have in the computer.

thanks

A:Changing the location of the 'offline files' folder?

These two links may help you find some more info on the issue.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/..20.mspx
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;871896698;fp;2;fpid;1277378924

As far as I know there is no way to change the location of the Offline Files.
But if you find any more info do let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-location-of-the-offline-files-folder.366842/
Relevancy 96.75%

HI, first of all, I found out that my home computer was infected by the lovelorn worm. Plan to clean that tonight.

Secondly, I found copies of 2 files named "folder" and "desktop" in almost all folders. The files where identical so I suspect that there is a virus that's propagating this. Is my hunch correct? Is this related to the lovelorn virus or is it another kind? What should I do?

Thanks!!!

A:files named "folder" & "desktop" in all directories.. is this a virus???

Symantec site you may want to review. I don't see anything about the file replication you are experiencing but the site may be helpful to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-named-folder-desktop-in-all-directories-is-this-a-virus.146986/
Relevancy 96.32%

I do a lot of offline updating from my own store. Many of the updates prepare for installation by "searching for updates to this computer". I suppose this is to examine the need for and suitability of the update. The first update searches pretty quickly, but then it's very slow - something like 5 to 10 minutes for each one. I think rebooting after each update would solve the problem, but that's not practical.

I encounter this on every Win7 machine I work on. Why do these updates take so much time scanning, and what can be done about it?

A:Offline updates spend enormous time "searching for updates on this..."

Rather than doing offline updating, why not set up a WSUS server, and point the clients at that for their updates? this has the benefit of automatic collection to the store, and controlled distribution to the clients, as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359502-offline-updates-spend-enormous-time-searching-updates.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi Guys I am migrating my user's home folders nbsp from one storage server to another storage server We have offline files sync enabled nbsp and users use to work at work in offline mode and the files folders sync when they connect to the company's network I have done some testing before migrating and found an issue that need assistance from your guys I pick a test user say quot Testuser quot and logout him out from the system I folder shared new disappers files connected to when Offline have copied all home drive stuff from Sharedserever- Old to Sharedserever- New for test user and make the required changes in AD profile Offline files disappers when connected to new shared folder and GPO for drive mapping nbsp As the nbsp Testuser 's nbsp documents pointing to H-drive My Documents are available offline on nbsp Offline files disappers when connected to new shared folder laptop in Documents folder Now nbsp I have worked offline as quot tesetuser Offline files disappers when connected to new shared folder quot and created some nbsp test files but when I logged in and connected with my company's network nbsp H-drive is it correctly pointing nbsp to new Sharedserever i e Sharedserever- and Documents path also redirected to the new server location However the files created in offline mode were disappeared instead of sync with the new Sharedserever I could not figure out why and I don't know if it something with CSC - Client-Side Caching nbsp folder Any help would be appreciated Regards Sarwar Sarwar

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4bf6dc54-5066-4b5a-82b0-15fe982eac34/offline-files-disappers-when-connected-to-new-shared-folder?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 95.89%

I have accidentally set the folder of my program file to music folder, when I wanted to change it back there wasn't a "Customize this Folder" option available. No I am very annoyed by this. Please teach me how to change it back to default.

A:"Customize folder" option missing from folder view

Yea, I've had this problem too when making folders. For seemingly no reason at all they just lose their customize tab.

If you really want it back, just make another folder named "Program Files" in another directory, then move all the files into it (Make sure you get hidden ones too) and then delete the old program files folder and move the new one into the old directory on the C drive or wherever you had it before.

Make sure the old folder is empty though and that you don't miss anything!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/customize-folder-option-missing-from-folder-view-297876.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello,
I am having a peculiar problem on my Windows 7 64-bit, which I noticed this week. Within the "Videos" folder, if I create a folder called "temp", I am not able to create any sub-folder within it through the right click menu. Picture attached. Now the funny thing is, if I create a sub-folder within it (thru linux since my laptop is dual boot), I can see everything in linux (files and folders). If I go back to Windows, the sub-folder is not visible. Only files are visible.

If I change the name of the main folder from "temp" to anything else, the sub-folders are then visible and so it the menu option.

This is not happening anywhere else on the disk, only within "Videos/temp". I have other folders within "Videos" and they behave fine.

Any thoughts?

A:No "Create new folder" option for a specific folder within Videos

Interesting, I don't even get New in the first context menu drop down for any folder created under Videos. This is on Windows 10, so there is something going on there (7, 8 and 10) that Microsoft thinks is important or useful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391797-no-create-new-folder-option-specific-folder-within-videos.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Without quotes, no extension. Anyone know what they are and if they're legit?

Thanks.

A:My c:\windows folder has a couple of strange files: "D" and "@#"

They dont see legit to me. Try to do a virus search. Otherwise i recommend factory reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249637-my-c-windows-folder-has-couple-strange-files-do-u.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Okay, so apparently my "Programmer" folder on C:\ changed to "Program Files". I live in Denmark, so the system is danish. The folder "Program Files" used to be named "Programmer", but somehow it changed to "Program files". It is weird, becuase that my other x86 folder is still named "Programmer (86)". It's kinda annoying, please help me somebody!!!
Can anybody give me some tips and tricks, on how to rename it back?

I would be really happy!

THANKS!!!

A:The folder "Programmer" changed to "Program Files" HELP!!!

When i click "Rename" and i rename the folder to "Programmer", the folder automaticly renmaes itself to "Program Files"!!!
HEEELP

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49521-folder-programmer-changed-program-files-help.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Last year folders folder locking for files to Offline just Un-linking or certain down or disabling one I upgraded my old Small business server to server standard Un-linking or disabling Offline files for certain folders or locking down to just one folder and shortly after had issues with some of the offline files Un-linking or disabling Offline files for certain folders or locking down to just one folder on the server we use almost all laptops here that users take home at night and we have folder redirection set up Un-linking or disabling Offline files for certain folders or locking down to just one folder through group policy for the my documents and pictures folders stored in server Network users and these folders sync locally However we also have network drives set up pointing to server Network and server network scans as drives N and S Files in these network drives somehow got set to be available offline and caused issues with versioning and nbsp people coming in and finding themselves in quot offline mode quot Thinking this to be user error I updated group policy to employ these policies Remove quot Make Available Offline quot command Enabled nbsp Remove quot Work offline quot command Enabled nbsp Today however I found that a laptop that had been deployed After all of this had been put in place was having the same problem with files on the N drive showing as trying to sync outside of the users folder Is there a way that I can lock this down to only sync the items in the user folder for documents and pictures Outside of that folder we have other company documents and databases that get problematic if they try to sync changes between users and it's causing a lot of issues ijerry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5b5566d7-1d31-4783-86c9-33c7e99cabe9/unlinking-or-disabling-offline-files-for-certain-folders-or-locking-down-to-just-one-folder?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello I ran into an issue with a user s computer Initially he was experiencing problems with the computer running slow A previous technician diagnosed the issue and decided to run Combofix to clear any issues that might be causing this However in running Combofix the files in the folder C windows csc folder deleted disappear Combofix offline files causing directory folder to d or systemroot csc Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear folder Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear d were treated as malware and moved to C Qoobox Quarantine C Windows csc folder d and renamed with the extension vir In doing so the user has lost some of his data Although the data represents files on a share drive on a server in syncing the share drive s files in order to make them available offline some of those files were lost Well at least that Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear s how it seems as the user s files seemed to have disappeared around the same time Combofix was run We ve tried a system restore to the day BEFORE Combofix was run to no avail We ve also tried to use batch file renaming programs as we made copies of the files in the Quarantine in order to get them out of quarantine and rename them without the vir extension put them back in their original folder and resync but that did not work The Windows resynchronization process reports that some of the files can t be restored because the user is not connected to the server even though he is Nonetheless after that attempt the files that were missing are still missing The files themselves vary from Excel spreadsheets to Word documents The scan was performed on but the last-edited dates of the about - or so Also I spoke to an expert on Experts-Exchange who suggested to find and run a quot erdnt exe quot file in one of two directories C WINDOWS ERDNT subs erdnt exe C WINDOWS ERDNT Hiv-backup erdnt exe Oddly enough these exe s did not exist The files are still in Quarantine and I also have a backup of the quarantined files in a different directory I also have the Combofix log attached for further clarification The OS is Windows XP Service Pack Any assistance would be appreciated Thank you for your time

A:Combofix deleted offline folder directory causing files to disappear

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/431008 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431008/combofix-deleted-offline-folder-directory-causing-files-to-disappear/
Relevancy 93.74%

My friend has some important photos in his memory card which is in cell
phone.
They are not appearing in the cell phone.
But, they are appearing in my PC when connected using the data cable (

USB ) and after checked the option "show hidden files and folders".
They are reappearing in the cell phone after deleting and recopying
the files to cell phone.

My question is ,the "show hidden files and folders" is a option in
windows based operating systems. But, why it is effecting the memory
card. Why they are not appearing in the cell phone.

Thank you for your consideration.

A:Files are hiding in memory card? The "show hidden files and folders" option.....

I got the answer, thank you.

The properties of the file has changed to 'hidden'.
I have unchecked the "hidden" option in the file properties.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/files-are-hiding-in-memory-card-the-show-hidden-files-and-folders-option.847747/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey,

Recently my explorer changed the way i click on folders from double click to open to single to open (same as internet links), i tried to change it back, but unsucessfuly by using the folder option:
1. Change option
2. Change option, back to single click and back to double click
3. Reset defaults
4. Reset defaults in all tabs in Folder Options.

This is driving me nuts, I've been double clicking forever.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tricolor

A:Folder option "Double click to open" not resetting

Is this what you did?

Or try Option Two here: Single-Click or Double-Click to Open an Item

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330892-folder-option-double-click-open-not-resetting.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey all,

Trying to figure out a way to display thumbnails in certain folders (ie: Photos & Videos) and icons in others. Unfortunately it seems this isn't possible, as the only option I've found is to always show thumbnails in all folders or always show icon's.

Anyone happen to know a way around this, help is very appreciated!

Camaren

A:"Always Show Icons Never Thumbnails" - Folder Specific Option?

Hello Camaren,

Unfortunately it's just not possible. It's a all or none setting.

The only workaround that I know of to do this is to leave thumbnails turned on and manually change the icon of each folder that you do not want to have thumbnail views for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/153571-always-show-icons-never-thumbnails-folder-specific-option.html
Relevancy 93.31%

i recently contracted a virus that does the above mentioned things. i have hijack this, prevx, and wintasks. i also have just downloaded norton 2007. can anyone help me fix my ailing computer?

josh

A:Task manager disabled, no "run" option, no "turn off" option

oh, i am running win xp sp 2, have a dell dimension 2350, and have already deleted viewpoint manager, but i'm still stuck.

josh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-disabled-no-run-option-no-turn-off-option.607898/
Relevancy 93.31%

in Windows 7 starter.

It was there until today. I tried system restore to no avail.

"Group by" appears when I swap to details view but I don't want that setting.

I always use the "list" setting for files in a folder.

It is greyed out in the View dropdown menu and also in the right click context menu.

What do you reckon?

Can't find a solution here or on google.

Hi all, I've used this excellent forum many times for help without sgning up in the past.

A:"Group By" Folder view option greyed out

Hello Willm, and welcome to Seven Forums.

What are your current "Arrange by" (in library), "View by", "Sort by", and "Group by" set as?

Are you able to use "View by" -> "List" using another option below instead?

File and Folder Arrangement - Change in Windows Explorer Window

File and Folder Arrangement - Group by - Sort by - Arrange by

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342345-group-folder-view-option-greyed-out.html
Relevancy 93.31%

How can I create an option in "Send To" when I right-click a file and will send the file to a subfolder of the same name? So if I have a file called Test.txt I want to right click it and "Send To">Test folder.

I am looking for a way to have it automatically create the subfolder of whatever name the file is and move the file there. Seems like this should be possible, but I haven't found a solution.

Thanks.

EDIT: I think I found a program to do this: Files2Folder. I will update if it works.

EDIT: Works perfect for what I want.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38290-how-create-send-option-creates-folder-same.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I went to create a new folder under documents and won't, then tried it elsewhere (desktop etc) and it shows me a shortcut to create a new folder, and wants me to browse to it. I don't know where to make it browse to, to even see if it works or not. Anyone know here?
Thanks, Linda

A:Windows 7 missing "Create New Folder" option

The issue should be caused by damaged or incorrect registry key entry. Please check the following registry value:

1. Click Start, type regedit in Search Bar, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New\

3. Please check if the value for (Default) is: {D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285216-windows-7-missing-create-new-folder-option.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Have Vista Home Premium on 2 computers. Working with music on desktop and want to see "bitrate" on the tracks in the music folder but it isn't listed as a detail option. It is on my laptop. Any suggestions on how to get it on the desktop?

A:Lost "bitrate" as detail folder option

Hi ManorMusic and welcome to Vista Forums

This problem occurs when the folder template is set incorrectly. Here is the Sample Music folder set as Documents. You can see that the items available for the columns in Detail view do not include Bit rate.

To correct this, right click on a blank section and select Customize This Folder...

Select the Customize tab, if not already selected. In the first drop down box under Use this folder type as a template: select Music Details and click OK.

Notice that the items available for the columns in Detail view now include Bit rate. Also notice that the toolbar now includes the Play all button, whereas previously it didn't.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197387-lost-bitrate-detail-folder-option.html
Relevancy 93.31%

there is no quot folder options quot my my tools menu that if why i can t unhide folder i have already download registry and to tools virus.. folder ME remove on about pPLZ ". options recycler "no how HELP fixer and antivirus and nothing happens plz i need help this is my logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis pPLZ HELP ME about "no folder options on tools ". and how to remove recycler virus.. v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Pgsql bin pg ctl exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin CXMediaServer exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin CXFaxServer exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Pgsql bin postmaster exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin CXIVRServer exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Apache bin Apache exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Pgsql bin postgres exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin CXVBMServer exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Pgsql bin postgres exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Pgsql bin postgres exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Pgsql bin postgres exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Apache bin Apache exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Pgsql bin postgres exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin CXPhoneSystem exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Pgsql bin postgres exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Program Files Azureus Azureus exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Pgsql bin postgres exe C Program Files CX PhoneSystem Bin Pgsql bin postgres exe D Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search bearshare com sidebar html src ssb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search bearshare com intl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini Shell explorer exe F - REG win ini load C WINDOWS system F - REG system ini UserInit c windows system userinit exe c services exe O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCA... Read more

A:pPLZ HELP ME about "no folder options on tools ". and how to remove recycler virus..

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!
Please close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix and make sure you are disconnected from the Internet after downloading the program and before scanning.
Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix and remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
Remember to re-enable the protection again afterwards before connecting to the Internet.

Download ComboFix and save it to your desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have ComboFix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

Close any open browsers and make sure you are disconnected from the net. Unplug the cable if need be before running ComboFix.

WARNING: IF you have not already done so ComboFix will disconnect your machine from the Internet when it starts.
Please do not re-connect your machine back to the Internet until ComboFix has completely finished.
If there is no Internet connection when Combofix has completely finished then restart your computer to restore the connection.

Double-click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.

**Note: Do not mouseclick comboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pplz-help-me-about-no-folder-options-on-tools-and-how-to-remove-recycler-virus.669577/
Relevancy 93.31%

We have upgraded our systems to Windows From XP I have setup Indexing on our server and the employees use the Search Bar upper right on a window to search for a file they are looking for However we have over folders that we are looking though Is there a Default set/add Searching: Search options "Type:Folder" to Change way to set the Search to default type Folder Or have it search just folder names instead of showing files also If I type in quot quot it will take a minute to search everything and Searching: Change Default Search options to set/add "Type:Folder" give me files folder If I type in quot type folder quot it will take seconds and give me folder When the employees are on the phone quicker the better and having them put quot type folder quot after everything is time consuming for them I've looked around online and i'm not sure if i can do this The computers using this are running Windows Pro x Updated to Current Server is Windows Indexed folder the employees are searching in Updated to Current

A:Searching: Change Default Search options to set/add "Type:Folder"

You'll probably want to go with something like FileSearchEX to avoid retraining. There are a few others but this one closely matches your question.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294360-searching-change-default-search-options-set-add-type-folder.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to edit my hosts file, using Notepad ++

Oddly enough, the file-open function in Notepad ++ doesn't even "see" much less open/list the directory where hosts is.

windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.(no extender)

What the heck is it about that directory---I've hunted through the folder-options list without any success.

Thanks,
Paul

A:Some kind of "Folder Options" thing,about visible directories

Odd. Try running N++ as Administrator and see if that makes a difference

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343564-some-kind-folder-options-thing-about-visible-directories.html
Relevancy 93.31%

i am so sad And pissed off for the past hours i have been trying to fix my computer i logged onto it this morning and all of a sudden most were suddenly unrecognized by Windows however Internet Explorer worked and when i clicked on a specific file or folder it open in its respective program or in the case of a folder it opened up successfully after a couple hours i got into the folder options and created the quot exe quot Options" association crap Stupid "please in an create Folder and quot lnk quot file extensions and the icons on my desktop went back to normal however i STILL cannot execute any of the actual PROGRAMS on their own whenever i click on a PROGRAM it says the same stupid thing about me needing to create an association in folder options but personally i do Stupid "please create an association in Folder Options" crap not know how to do that oh yes keep in mind i have TRIED to do regedit its not supported cuz its Stupid "please create an association in Folder Options" crap an exe and oh yeah sysem restore dont work either could someone PLEASE help me thanks

A:Stupid "please create an association in Folder Options" crap

I'm not sure how much this will help but it leads in the right direction http://www.bgamug.org/understanding-...ociations.html. Maybe someone else has a better solution.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stupid-please-create-an-association-in-folder-options-crap-49350.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Folder options > View > " Apply to folders " button is greyed out.

How to activate it ?

Thank you.

t-4-2

A:folder options...." apply to folders" button is greyed out

Hello t-4-2,

Normally that will only not be grayed out if you opened Folder Options from within the same Windows Explorer window through Tools (Menu bar) -> Folder Options.

Folder View - Apply to Folders

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231502-folder-options-apply-folders-button-greyed-out.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi - I've trawled all over the Web looking for an answer to this with no luck so hoping you guys can help.

When I open "Folder Options" on the "Tools" menu, then select the "View" tab, the "Advanced Settings" box is empty -

I haven't got a clue how this happened and haven't had / got any viruses (I ran a couple of scanners).

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.
O/S - Vista SP1

Relevancy 92.88%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi there this has been a problem on my computer for some time In tools - gt folder options instead of a quot Show hidden files and options quot I get a long string of question marks options worm/VB.BSP folder as "??????" shows - Hidden instead quot quot This commonly shows up in my malwarebytes scans and everytime I click remove selected it just comes back It does not seem to have negatively affected my PC so I have left it alone til now I have attached a screenshot to show what I mean I also have a screenshot of the malwarebytes scan if required Recently I downloaded worm/VB.BSP - Hidden folder options shows as "??????" a free version of AVG and did a scan on my computer AVG identified it as worm VB BSP and sent it to the 'virus vault' After this upon rebooting my PC I got an error on startup that said 'Windows cannot find syssetup exe' I was also unable to open my drive E with double click but right-clicking and pressing explore worked fine I have since done a reformat and the PC is back to 'normal' however the hidden folders still show ' ' as usual DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerhid exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files D-Link D-Link Wireless G DWA- AirPlusCFG exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razertra exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerofa exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system ping exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com sg mWinlogon Shell Explorer exe syssetup exe BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings owner local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun OM Monitor quot c program files olympus olympus master MMonitor exe quot -NoStart mRun ANIWZCS Service c program files ani aniwzcs service WZCSLDR exe mRun DeathAdder c program files razer deathadder razerhid exe mRun OM Monitor quot c program files olympus olympus master FirstStart exe quot OM mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun D-Link D-Link Wireless G DWA- c program files d-link d-link wireless g dwa- AirPlusCFG exe mRun StartCCC quot c program... Read more

A:worm/VB.BSP - Hidden folder options shows as "??????"

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/worm-vb-bsp-hidden-folder-options-shows-as-417057.html
Relevancy 92.88%

OK this is my first post here amp I've never joined a Windows forum or one for people who build their own computers although I am somewhat familiar with forums so let me try to give enough info to see if I can clarify my first question amp add a few related ones I just "Folder in are windows? file>open options" available upgrades a Dell Precision desktop to Vista Ultimate because for some of the work I do in Photoshop CS I felt I would benefit from having access to over gigs of Ram are "Folder options" available in file>open windows? The Dell has Intel Xeon gig processors amp the compatibility in place to run a bit OS so I bought Vista Ultimate and upgraded to gigs of Ram That all works fine amp I set up several meg files for large format printing the other day so I'm pleased with the upgrade from that standpoint I just need to get used to some pesky details that slow me are "Folder options" available in file>open windows? down amp haven't figured them out from searching I did make my way to the quot local group policy editor quot and quot enable folder options quot so this is now giving me my preferred view details whenever I open Windows Explorer There are related issues I want to ask about When I are "Folder options" available in file>open windows? open Windows explorer it opens as a small window amp I like to maximize it It also opens with the folder named after my user name expanded and the quot Computer quot folder collapsed I never store anything in the folder named after my user name amp I store everything in a mapped network drive that is mapped to show up below the quot computer quot folder QUESTION ONE Can I set my default view of Windows Explorer to always open up to a full screen size and always have the folders expanded or collapsed according to a default preference ideally or at least to my last view I'm sure I've given way more background than needed but I may start checking in here more as I have XP Pro on computers in my sign business amp I've become pretty used to things being a certain way Now these little changes are going to take some getting used to but this forum can probably speed up the process quite a bit The other related issue has to do with viewing my files amp folders from various File gt Open windows from various programs and having multiple columns of folders or files spread across from left to right I am used to looking down the left side for my file of folder amp changing to the quot details quot view in these windows gives me the view I like but if I have to bore down through several folder levels the quot details' view has to be requested every time or I have to accept the multiple columns QUESTION TWO Can I set a default quot folder Options quot type of setting for these File gt open windows so that they retain my poreference of the quot Details quot view or at least retain the last view used Thanks for any help out there I've been using Vista for a week amp I've clicked that view settings icon several hurndred times more than I care to ever click it again

A:are "Folder options" available in file>open windows?

Hello Islandsign, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You can use METHOD TWO in the tutorial below to customize and reset the folder view settings so Vista will remember your folder view settings afterwards. When you make a change, close the window. When you open that same window, it should be the same as when you last closed it.

Windows Explorer Folder View settings

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238353-folder-options-available-file-open-windows.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello, I recently got Vista 32-bit (swedish version), and I'm having a bit of trouble with my pictures-folder.

Since I use swedish vista, I'm not sure on exactly what things are called in the english version, but anyway.

My sort-by options and the overall adjust-option of the folder (adjusting it as a picture-folder, or just a file-folder etc.) seems to be resetting, I want it to always sort my pictures by the date it was last changed, since I want to find the newer pictures easily. This seems to work fine with other folders, but not on this folder, since it keeps resetting, is it a useless "feature" because it's the picture folder? and can I change this somehow?

Please let me know if you need any more info to be able to answer the question correctly.

A:"Picture" folder sort-by options etc. keeps resetting.

No suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/picture-folder-sort-by-options-etc-keeps-resetting-317169.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I do not know what to do to "Create association in Folder Options control panel" in order to open a file.

The file was created with Microsoft Works 4.5. The extension "wdb" exists in the Folder Options list, with the association of "Microsoft Works 4.5 Database." The actual name of the file is: CGS' CD&Records Collection.

"New" in Folder Options apparently refers to a new extension, not a file.

This is the first time I have been unable to open this file.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

{redoak}

Relevancy 92.45%

i can view the hidden file. coz my foldr option is missing. even in the control panel, i can't find it..what's wrong? pls help me...

A:my "folder option is missing" i cant find it anywhere!!

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explor er

Check NoFolderOptions is set to 0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-folder-option-is-missing-i-cant-find-it-anywhere.342100/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have Windows 7 HP x64 (from two different DVDs) on both my PC and one of my laptops. On the PC I can select 'Group by' for a folder, when I right-click, in all folders. On the laptop though many folders have this option greyed out (though not all): for instance I like this option (by date) for the recent folder (C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent). OK on the PC, greyed out on the laptop.

Anyone know why? Thanks,

Martin

A:Folder "group by" option is greyed out

Anyone, please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/229575-folder-group-option-greyed-out.html
Relevancy 92.45%

hi.. im having prob with my folder option toolbar!! the settings [Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options.] does not show any of the FOLDER OPTION settings...

even using this option;Attachment 70357 is not possible as the high-lighten part of it is not working!! its faded.. couldn't click on it....Attachment 70358

can someone help me out with this plz??????????

A:How 2 recover missing "Folder Option"....

Hello Arvind,

Using one of the methods in the tutorial below should be able to enable Folder Options again for you.

Folder Options - Enable or Disable - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/81795-how-2-recover-missing-folder-option.html
Relevancy 92.02%

When I go to the Control Panel and click on Folder Options, all of a sudden it's asking me what program to open it with. What's up with that?! I've never seen this before. I wondered if it is caused by a virus (virus protection recently installed--after the fact--hasn't found anything) or by a recent "Compress rarely used files" routine I may be regretting for other reasons . Ideas?

Relevancy 92.02%

Hi,

I am using Windows XP professional v5.1 on my laptop. i cannot see "Folder options" in the tools tab of the menu/control panel. Does anyone have a resolution for this?

~Thanks in Advance
Chaitanya

Relevancy 90.3%

I tried to login to my Windows 8 Acer Ultrabook this morning but was not allowed with a "Your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this PC." message.

My PC does login using my Windows Live account but I have been able to login in the past without an internet connection. Usually, when this message comes up, I'll re-type the password and login easily. Also, because I use an Ultrabook, I'm unable to use an ethernet cable to hook up to the net.
Help!

A:"Your PC is offline"

I have had the same thing again. pc is offline but not finding the password that does work when using normal wifi. I am currently using 3g dongle with the your pc is offline message appearing when trying to login to the machine out of the office.

seen this all over the internet but no fixes found as of yet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-pc-is-offline.1078548/