Windows Support Forum

aspire 5534 How to get to BIOS to reinstall Window...

Q: aspire 5534 How to get to BIOS to reinstall Window...

Can't use computer as Microsoft techs messed it up trying to install SP1 which no one has ever been able to install since I've had this computer. They ended up doing a complete reinstall of Windows 7 remotely and now it won't start at all. Error message about doing repair but nothing works. On the phone with them for hours as can't connect to internet since windows isn't working.Tried F12 but doesn't have option to go to optical drive.How do I reinstall Windows using the discs I burned when new?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: aspire 5534 How to get to BIOS to reinstall Window...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: aspire 5534 How to get to BIOS to reinstall Window...

Cold boot and press F2 at the Acer logo screen to enter the bios. One of the dropdown menu options will allow you to change BOTH the boot order and enable the F12 boot option. When you've made the changes, press F10 to save changes and exit the bios to boot from whatever you put first in the boot order. Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-5534-How-to-get-to-BIOS-to-reinstall-Windows-7/td-p/442842
Relevancy 102.92%

Can't use computer as Microsoft techs messed it up trying to install SP1 which no one has ever been able to install since I've had this computer.  They ended up doing a complete reinstall of Windows 7 remotely and now it won't start at all.  Error message about doing repair but nothing works.  On the phone with them for hours as can't connect to internet since windows isn't working.Tried F12 but doesn't have option to go to optical drive.How do I reinstall Windows using the discs I burned when new?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-5534-How-to-get-to-BIOS-to-reinstall-Windows-7/td-p/442842/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 76.97%

I can't install Windows 10 on my older laptop. There's a hidden aprtition that the upgrade can write to. How do I get rid the the nag screen, or is there a workaround? Support wants me to pay for an answer. DG Clark

A:windows 10 aspire 5534

Are you trying to clean install Windows 10 with a disk? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/windows-10-aspire-5534/td-p/421779/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 75.25%

My Aspire 5534 laptop came with Win7.
I installed WinXP 64 bit Corporate edition but I cannot find a
driver for the graphics card...

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU: AMD K8
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 239MHz (4-4-4-12)
Motherboard: Acer Aspire 5534 (Socket S1G1)
Graphics:
LP156WH3-TLA2 ([email protected])
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (Acer Incorporated [ALI])

A:Aspire 5534 Laptop - I want to Install WinXP

My first question would be why are you removing Win7? Acer doesn't support XP drivers for that Notebook anymore and it's just going to get harder and harder to find them.

In any event, I'd suggest checking out THIS POST and give this a shot.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/aspire-5534-laptop-i-want-to-install-winxp-557397.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Acer Aspire 5534 battery flat and battery meter at 72% but not charging.

Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire 5534 battery won't charge

First check that the laptop works on mains power by removing the battery and having the a/c adapter plugged in.

if the laptop works on mains power okay, you need a new battery.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5534-battery-wont-charge-669424.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I purchased an Acer Aspire 5534 a few years back for my granddaughter and the PC is inoperative. It seems the master boot is totally corrupted and the only solution is rebuild the system but my daughter no longer has the disks that came with the computer. Acer says they don't have the recovery disks for this computer.

Is there anyway to see if someone on the Internet has a recovery disk for this computer?

Relevancy 72.67%

Hello All....first time posting, so thank you in advance for any suggestions regarding a Black Screen problem. After upgrading my 6 yr. old Acer Aspire 5534 laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10 it frequently will not wake up from sleep.  Black screen with fan and blue power light on, but no response until I unplug the adapter and hold down the power button, then it starts up normally.  I am not an advanced user, but read for hours the last time it happened and did change Power Settings to uncheck fast start up, but that did not help.Then I read update video card driver, but when I went to the Acer Canada website I don't see any updates past 2009 when I purchased this laptop....other than this really annoying problem Windows 10 seems to be working well. 

A:Acer Aspire 5534 stuck in sleep mode w/black scree...

I *think* you have an Intel gm45/gl40 graphics chipset and the latest drivers may be here. If not you need  to run MSINFO32, then select System Summary>Components>Display and see what is listed as the Name, Adapter type, and Driver Version.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Aspire-5534-stuck-in-sleep-mode-w-black-screen/td-p/413030/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.6%

Recently got a copy of Window XP Prof (Upgrade version). Upgraded my computer from Window ME to XP. Everything was alright except the Norton Anti-virus and the Firewall. I, therefore, uninstall Window XP. The problems even worse. Window ME won't work probably, so I reformated HD and reinstalled from Window 95 to ME. Then reinstalled Window XP, in halfway it couldn't find the following files:
sfcfiles.dll
wmploc.dll
sysmonW.chm
wbdbase.sve
xptht67d.jpg

and so have to uninstall it again. Anyone know what causing this? The installation disk seem fine (no scatch), I copy the above-mention files to another disk, it still say couldn't find the files. Anyone please help. Thank you heaps.

Relevancy 50.74%

I just bought an Acer 5534 (with win 7 ) that connects ok using the ethernet cable. However when I try the wireless it sees the network but it can connect to it. All other computers at home connect ok. The router is a netgear wgr614v7. Any suggestions?

A:Acer 5534 wireless conection netgear

remove the ethernet cable - reboot and wait for the OS to sort things out
it may take a few minutes..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/42528-acer-5534-wireless-conection-netgear.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Aspire TC-605 BIOS, present BIOS is P11-A2. To which BIOS should I update to?  Several BIOS are listed but I don't know which one to upgrade to.

Relevancy 49.45%

Attachment BSOD after upgrading Aspire wlmi from XP to Win sysgrv dll is the XP display driver It would not run the SIS UniVGA XP display driver in Compat mode but could browse from Dev Mgr into its file to successfully install Display driver which ran for awhile with good res and Sleep Can't use Standard VGA because of display jitters Others have been able to install and run the XP display driver in Compat mode but when I run confirmed installer in 5003wlmi Crash Aspire after reinstall XP sp mode it gives this error every time Attachment Is there a way to install sysgrv dll in Compat Mode from Dev Mgr Also added gb RAM matching manufacturer's specs and results on Corsair RAMfinder Crash after reinstall Aspire 5003wlmi Amazon com Corsair GB x GB DDR MHz PC Laptop Memory VS GSDS Laptop Computer Internal Memory Electronics No further crashes after streaming full screen videos with high res which is suprisingly good for this old beater not a single lag But can it be trusted to give back to owner

A:Crash after reinstall Aspire 5003wlmi

Well greg; im sorta kinda taking a shot in the dark here on this one; but from a few different places where I see pnp driver not found in the event log; apparently it looks to me as if windows 7 does not want to detect the proper drivers for some reason(plug n play drivers). In which case it seems like you may have to try and go to acer's site and have a look around for some drivers and see if ya can fix it doing that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317966-crash-after-reinstall-aspire-5003wlmi.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello!,
I wasn't aware that the Acer Aspire One Netbook has a System Recovery feature, so I tried to format the hard drive using an external CD/DVD Reader. The Netbook was infected by a big bunch of viruses. Now, I am able to install Windows Vista, but I can't install Windows XP. This model came with Windows XP, but if I try to reinstall it, I will get a blue screen and it will reboot. For some reason I can't comprehend.... I am able to install Vista. What can I do in order to reinstall Windows XP? Is there any program available online that will format the hard drive at a 100% capacity? I don't have the Vista license number, and this model only has 1024 of SDRAM and that is not enough for Vista? Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Solved: Acer Aspire One Netbook - Can't Reinstall OS!

see if you still have the recover feature
Follow the stepsbelow to rebuild your C: drive. (Your C: drive will be reformatted and all data
will be erased.)
It is important to back up all data files before using this option.
Before performing a restore operation, please check the BIOS settings.
1 Check to see if Acer disk-to-disk recovery is enabled or not.
2 Make sure the D2D Recovery setting in Main is Enabled.
3 Exit the BIOS utility and save changes. The system will reboot.
Note: To activate the BIOS utility, press <F2> during POST.
To start the recovery process:
1 Restart the system.
2 While the Acer logo is showing, press <Alt> + <F10> at the same time to enter the recovery process.
3 Refer to the onscreen instructions to perform system recovery.
Important! This feature occupies 15 GB in a hidden partition on your hard disk

OR

Acer will sell a set of recovery CDs https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-one-netbook-cant-reinstall-os.978251/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Acer Aspire 7520 laptop that used to have Vista installed. I've been playing with it some and installed Ubuntu some time back. Got recovery and system disks from Acer to reinstall Vista but keep getting a window saying something about windows/vista not able to install with this hardware. I haven't changed any of the original hardware and have reformatted the drive with both fat and ntsf but get the same problems with hardware message.

A:Reinstall Vista on Acer Aspire 7520 Laptop

All Linux code must be deleted.

Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command - Windows 7 Forums
Partition or Volume - Delete - Windows 7 Forums
Partition or Volume - Create New - Windows 7 Forums

Try a full clean & full format in command prompt.
1) Boot DVD & Press Shift+F10 (for command prompt)
2) Boot DVD, & Windows 7 Forums command prompt)

Type in command line
DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (win HD)
CLEAN ALL
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
ACTIVE
FORMAT=NTFS
ASSIGN
EXIT
EXIT

SSD : Optimize for Windows Re-Installation - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280196-reinstall-vista-acer-aspire-7520-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone Aspire on AO751h Reinstall Windows won't that 7 Acer boot I'm having a terrible problem with my Acer and I hope that someone can help me Since I bought the laptop a few months ago I noticed that it was freezing or moving very slowly and had to be restarted I just lumped this up to it being Reinstall Windows 7 on Acer Aspire AO751h that won't boot used or just a slow computer However a month ago it froze and I had to turn it off and now it will not boot It does not move past the black screen I can't access the boot menu Reinstall Windows 7 on Acer Aspire AO751h that won't boot or safe mode or anything No text appears on the screen at all The power light comes on and I hear the hard drive spin and the fan spins but that's it I Reinstall Windows 7 on Acer Aspire AO751h that won't boot read some tips online and was told that the Bios probably needed to be flashed and while I tried everything using the USB bios flash method nothing worked I had hoped that I could just reinstall Windows on my laptop and created a bootable Windows USB flash but when I plug it into the laptop and turn it on nothing happens I'm assuming it's because I need to access the boot menu to set it to boot from the flash drive but obviously I can't do this My question is this is there any way that I can reinstall repair Windows in this current situation I have an external hard drive connection and can access the files on the hard drive from my Acer by connecting it to my other laptop that I've bought as a replacement so I was wondering if I could repair it that way I know that I can't install Windows on an external hard drive grrr but maybe I could repair it this way Also if that's not possible does anyone have any suggestions on how I can repair the laptop I'm not a computer expert by any means but I'm pretty good at following instructions and have been able to repair a few laptops in the past using instructions online but with all of these instances I have been able to access the boot menu Thank you very much for any suggestions you can provide Krystal

A:Reinstall Windows 7 on Acer Aspire AO751h that won't boot

and welcome to the Forum

If it is just a few months old, I would take it back where I bought it for warranty repair.

You can run diagnostics on the hard drive

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

See this for how to make a bootable cd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/reinstall-windows-7-on-acer-aspire-ao751h-that-wont-boot-548478.html
Relevancy 48.16%

i have asus nova px20, i want to do reinstall window xp, i have not disk what can i do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-reinstall.1013368/
Relevancy 48.16%

I over wrote windows 10 with windows 7. I now want to revert back to Windows 10?

A:Reinstall window 10

Originally Posted by reoman

I over wrote windows 10 with windows 7. I now want to revert back to Windows 10?

Can't you just upgrade again ? Other way would be to do clean install.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/69863-reinstall-window-10-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My desktop computer crashed wiping out the MBR for Windows I have lost the installation disk but have the OEM serial number The guy who built my computer died a couple of years ago so I can't get another dopy from him however I do have the ISO on my backup drive I entered my serial number on the Digital River website and they told me to seek support from the original OEM manufacturer Not possible obviously I have had a dual boot system with XP but XP no longer lets me do much I can't even move a file from one place to Window reinstall 7 to Need another so there's no way to copy it to a flash drive using Windows XP So here's my question Is there a way to copy a large file like an ISO from one drive a backup partition on the same computer to a flash drive without entering either XP or Windows which can't be booted anyway Failing that is there a safe place to buy and download Windows without paying through the nose

A:Need to reinstall Window 7

Getting to the ISO file on your backup drive might depend on how you backed up the file. If it is inside an image file, that might be a bit harder. If it is a simple copy of the original ISO file, then (using another computer) you can download an operating system that is small enough to fit on a CD or DVD - then boot the non-working computer to that CD/DVD and copy most any file that you want.

If you want a full operating system, you can download something like Linux Mint. I would opt for the 32 bit version because it will load quicker from the DVD.

If you do not want a full operating system, you can download any of the "rescue disks" from antivirus companies.

Hopefully, the info above answers your question about getting to the ISO file. However, other forum members might be able to walk you thru repairing the MBR without the ISO file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/378887-need-reinstall-window-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This is my first time in the forum. I am wanting to reinstall Win XP-home edition on my computer. I have gotten tons of spyware recently and I want to start fresh. The computer takes a long time to load a user profile after it boots. What is the best and safest way to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Window XP reinstall

Start the computer with the Windows XP install disk in the drive. When given the option, select "start setup". When asked whether you'd like to reformat, select "yes" (this will wipe out everything). From there, the installation will continue. Make sure before starting that you still have the documents with the installation key. If you bought your computer from a manufacturer, you may have this number on a sticker somewhere on the case.

After reinstalling, you will need to reload all your drivers before anything else. If you bought your computer from a manufacturer, you may have a disk labelled "recovery disk", or something similar. This is the disk that will have all your drivers and any other programs that were on the computer from the factory install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/window-xp-reinstall-18533.html
Relevancy 48.16%

HI I m pretty sure there are some easy ways to do this and maybe some of you will be able to help me out Usually my computer is running stable after I have a clean window installation But after few months usage my computer will be running slow error message box popping out window application freeze up and etc I guess maybe because I have installed different way window? The to best reinstall programs throughout the time to cause the problems To solve the problems I usually have a clean window The best way to reinstall window? installation However each time I need to spend at least hours or more for reformatting HD reinstalling window drivers programs window updating software updating and configurating customizing window setting and etc I wonder The best way to reinstall window? is there any easy way for me to perform all these tasks without spending so much time on it I heard about Norton Ghost but don t know a whole lot about it I m pretty sure some of you will have a better smarter way to do it And I hope someone can share with me so that I don t have to sitting in front of my computer for hours when I reformat my computer again next time Thanks a lot for the sharing nbsp

A:The best way to reinstall window?

Many of us use Ghost or Acronis to make an image of the system after being reinstalled and all apps updated, and restore that image when needed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-best-way-to-reinstall-window.535239/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have a Acer Aspire z and I have tried in vain with the help of some good people here to get rid of the infection that has plagued my laptop but factory Aspire 5738z Reinstall OS Acer on Win 7 or settings? to reset it looks like it has won http www sevenforums com system-se ml post So I feel I only have options left Opt I Reinstall OS on Acer Aspire 5738z Win 7 or reset to factory settings? currently have this version ISO X - but it is not listed as a ISO download gt gt Windows Direct Download Links lt lt Reinstall OS on Acer Aspire 5738z Win 7 or reset to factory settings? so can I use another similar ISO for Win Home Premium I have the digit key but this Acer did not come with a CD to reinstall Opt I have found this from Acer so could I simply reset my laptop to factory settings If it works http acer--uk custhelp com app ans C C A related Q is if I do proceed with this above I will lose all info on HDD So can I set up a partition drive so the new OS is seperate with the above process where as now it is all on one partition Are there any known issues with this process or should find a ISO to reinstall with Thanks in advance

A:Reinstall OS on Acer Aspire 5738z Win 7 or reset to factory settings?

If I understood correctly you have an OEM version of Windows 7, and I doubt those iso files will match your product key. However the best way in my opinion is to use the built in recovery manager of Acer, where you create the necessary installation dvds and then perform a clean install. It should take 3-5 dvds to burn them, and you will lose all your data that already exists on the hard drive. Make a backup copy of all your files before proceeding with installation, in this way you will get a fresh drive.
Its a pretty straight forward process and it will install the correct version of your Windows, along with other softwares that came when you purchased it. You have to update the Windows as they are not included in those burned dvds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289047-reinstall-os-acer-aspire-5738z-win-7-reset-factory-settings.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i followed instructions from a previous aspire 7 REINSTALL acer and recovery 5560G windows UNINSTALL forum Remove Windows Recovery Uninstall Guide By Lawrence Abrams on May PM and followed instructions and posting logs after running Rkill TDSSKiller and FRST nbsp acer aspire 5560G windows 7 recovery UNINSTALL and REINSTALL Addition txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp FRST txt nbsp nbsp acer aspire 5560G windows 7 recovery UNINSTALL and REINSTALL KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Rkill txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads if someone could please have a look at my logs and help so i can continue to fix my laptop cheers Rob nbsp Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by RoBDoGG administrator on ROBDOGG-PC on - - Running from C Users RoBDoGG Desktop Loaded Profiles RoBDoGG Available Profiles RoBDoGG Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE Broadcom Corporation C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerSvc exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LMutilps exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files x Acer Registration GREGsvc exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe NTI Corporation C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager IScheduleSvc exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerTray exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe CyberLink Corp C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP clear fiAgent exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe NTI Corporation C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerEvent exe Dolby Laboratories Inc C Dolby PCEE pcee exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe CyberLink Corp C Program Files x Acer clear fi Movie clear fiMovieService exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager MMDx Fx exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe Dritek System Inc C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW rundll exe CyberLink C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP Kernel DMR DMREngine exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingBar exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingApp exe Egis Technology Inc C Program Files EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe Egis Technology Inc C Program Files EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil e ActiveX exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restor... Read more

A:acer aspire 5560G windows 7 recovery UNINSTALL and REINSTALL

Hello Rob, and to Bleeping Computer!

Ground Rules:
First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.  
Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.
Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.
When you post your reply, use the  button.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the  button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.
I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.
Now let's get started  
===================================================

Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.

Note to others: The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum.

I don't see any malware in those logs.
   Please download  AdwCleaner (by Xplode) and save it to your Desktop.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select "Run As Administrator"
Click on the Scan button.
After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
After rebooting, a log file (that is saved in C:\AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.

Please download HitmanPro.
For 32-bit Operating System - .
This is the mirror - 
For 64-bit Operating System - 
This is the mirror - 
2.Launch the program by double clicking on the  icon. (Windows Vista/7 users right click on the HitmanPro icon and select run as administrator).Note: If the program won't run please then open the program while holding down the left CTRL key until the program is loaded.
3.Click on the next button. You must agree with the terms of EULA. (if asked)
4.Check the box beside "No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer".
5.... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579420/acer-aspire-5560g-windows-7-recovery-uninstall-and-reinstall/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I have some questions about window 7. I want to switch two hard drives from a different computers; one mechanical and one ssd. The problem is they both have window 7 os 64 bit oem editions. Is there any legal way for me to accomplish this? And if a an alternate universe me does it regardless, what is the potential consequences it might face? Thanks in advance for your replies.

A:Solved: Reinstall with window 7 oem

My sincere apology, I found the answer on a search engine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reinstall-with-window-7-oem.1076604/
Relevancy 47.73%

Alright, after i install, and it ask to reboot, i let hit enter and it restarts and then just the mouse and a blue background is their, The install wont finish.

I tried taking the cd out also but still dose the same thing. Any idea?

A:Window Xp Wont Reinstall?

Issues with failed installs are usually because of hardware issues and you haven't told us a thing about your system so it is really difficult to answer. Bad or corrupted cd, bad cd drive, aging hard drive or incompatible ram are the most often causes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-wont-reinstall.747247/
Relevancy 47.73%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 32 bit
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) SI-42, x64 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1790 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228692 MB, Free - 183690 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NBWAE, 1.00, 0123456789AB
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

I bought this toshiba almost a year ago,after my son used it to play games its been getting slower and slower,it often does not load mozilla. I'm already assuming its a virus which I will run my avast scan to be sure,but my question.....I recieved a small cd when I purchased it from walmart,it says its my 2 yr care plan with anti virus software and unlimited online back up. Does this also contain my windows 7 backup?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys it s me again Well i recently reinstalled Windows XP home on my computer i booter from the cd and reformatted my hard drive Now I ve done this before on an older computer i have and normally XP would find all the driver and automatically download it but my new computer i an not getting any sound and the display is messed up it says i have no drivers installed for these items when i go to the device manager When i go in under home XP reinstall Window Multimedia Audio Controller Universay Serial Bus Controller Video COntroller VGA compatible and SM Bus Controller there is a yellow questions mark on them I never received driver disks for these items and i don t know what type i have I was wondering is there is anything you guys can advise Is there any sort or Window XP home reinstall progrma that can be run that can tell u the device and find the dirver for it i thought CP was suppose to down load these automatically especially on anew ocmputer that is less than months old Please help thanks nbsp

A:Window XP home reinstall

Well I cant remember of a program off hand, but you can get the make and model of each device, for your cotrollers USB and such you need the make and model of the motherboard and you can go to the manufactures website and download these drivers this in turn will enable the rest of your devices to be recognised.

If the others devices after that do not recognise then simply get the make and model of these as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-home-reinstall.192541/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've been gettin popups telling me that I need to reinstall windows.. I've ignored them, but now I have something different..

In the lower right-hand corner, I now have something new...
it says"
"Windows 7"
"build 7601"
"this copy of windows is not genuine"
I've searched here and found nothing....
I don't seem to have any problems with my comp.... but, this is not normal..

please help!!
Dan/oldaero

A:my comp wants ne to reinstall window

Hi oldaero, to Bleeping Computer.My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.Some things to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.Do not run anything while running a fix.If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Note to others: The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum.  Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate and follow the steps to verify your Windows installation is valid. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer Log ErrorsList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go . Please put code boxes around just this entire log, like this, but without the letter x: [xcode] MiniToolBox log [/xcode] Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Fa... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420386/my-comp-wants-ne-to-reinstall-window/
Relevancy 47.73%

Alright hopefully I can get an answer to this as I quot m stumped What I do know The harddrive is still picking up so I know the pc knows it's there My Window error Reinstall XP PC crashed and basically everytime it gets to the loading of the windows XP screen the black and Window XP Reinstall error loading part it loads a quick blue screen of death with words on it that I can't read in time before it reboots So I figure just reinstall the OS Turns out my cd-rom drive is no longer installed or able to be of any use because it won't read my windows xp cd So I pull out my labtop and my external floppy drive and make disks for windows XP startup It works It loads all of them and I decide to format there wasnt much on there in the first place and I decided to just start fresh So it formats- I don't the quick format just the standard format and it completes When it gets to the next step the setup step is get this error SIF file used by setup is corrupted value on line in section SourceDisksFile with key spl cab Is this an error with my bootup floppy disks They were downloaded straight from microsoft I have no idea what to do about this Any advice would be great Thanks James

A:Window XP Reinstall error

If ur motherboard supports booting from a usb drive ... then u can install xp from a usb drive .....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/window-xp-reinstall-error-177908.html
Relevancy 47.73%

After reinstalling Windows XP Home everytime I boot up I get to either wait 30 seconds or to have to hit the Enter key to get started. It seems that I formated Windows to boot from dual OP systems but the two choices I have are the same= Windows XP Home.

Can anyone show me how to fix this or is it fixable at all.

Thanks

A:Window XP Home reinstall

It sounds like you created a second boot partition thereby creating a dual boot machine instead of reloading the op system.

Go to system restore and see if you have a restore point dated before you altered your system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14153/window-xp-home-reinstall/
Relevancy 47.73%

can i reinstall windows xp with da same key? using another Cd? because i lost my OEM cd?

Relevancy 47.73%

I need Window7 drivers for my Aspire E1-570 but i did not find it in 'Drivers Section' here. So where do i find it ??????  

A:Window 7 drivers for Aspire E1-570

Hi,What are the drivers are you looking for?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Window-7-drivers-for-Aspire-E1-570/td-p/322584
Relevancy 47.73%

I need Window7 drivers for my Aspire E1-570 but i did not find it in 'Drivers Section' here. So where do i find it ??????  

A:Window 7 drivers for Aspire E1-570

Hi,What are the drivers are you looking for?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Window-7-drivers-for-Aspire-E1-570/td-p/322584/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi , I've recently been directed here from the Malware forum . I am having corrupted files which now are malware-free and I tried to do a upgrade reinstall to my system . However , at the final stage where my files are being transferred back, the updates fail and my windows is rolled back .

Could someone please help me on how to solve this? I would like to reinstall windows 7 without losing my data .

I am holding the Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit Upgrade CD which I've got from the Dell Upgrade program. Please help . Thanks !

I've uploaded the windows compatibility report ( it was the report i found on the desktop after the failed install)

A:Window 7 Update Reinstall Fail

iTunes was a problem for my upgrade also. You need to open iTunes and in the 'Store' drop down menu, and then you need to de-authorize your PC. Open Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, and select ATI Catalyst Control Manager. Select remove and then select 'Express uninstall all ATI software. You can reinstall this later.If you still have a problem with iTunes after deauthorizing, you may have to remove it and reinstall it after the upgrade. Use this guide if you need to remove iTunes: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/383990/window-7-update-reinstall-fail/
Relevancy 47.3%

Help. I have rebooted my HP Pavillion g7 (windows 7) back to factory settings. When I try to do Window Updates it says its checking for updates but never goes beyond that. Been running for 5 hours doing this. I am not a computer expert but can follow detail instruction to try and resolve this issue without taking it to geeksquad. Thank you.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/128605-window-update-after-reinstall-loop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Alright So I purchased a Dell xps tablet all in one hybrid I purchased it used and out of warranty from reinstall to wipe 8 usb window How flash and It won't let How to wipe and reinstall from usb flash window 8 me update because it keeps saying windows can't activate Even if I manually use a program called produkey to find the correct serial number it says the key works and then it fails at activation It gives an error code and says it doesn't have proper rights or access to what is needed I can't upgrade to or get any security patches because of this I talked to dell support and they said they think a virus had corrupted How to wipe and reinstall from usb flash window 8 the files of the previous owner I have restored the computer to factory settings times now so that is not going to do it It keeps saying the same thing Dell said they were sending me a usb flash I have no cd dvd drive on this computer with windows on it They said that is all the assistance they could give because it is out of warranty How do I boot windows from the flash drive and completely delete the windows on the computer and install only the fresh copy from the flash drive I want it completely new to get rid of any possible corrupted files PLEASE HELP

A:How to wipe and reinstall from usb flash window 8

I'm also open to anyone who knows why it might be saying can't activate in the first place. I've read a few posts but it seemed like a very complicated fix and could put computer at risk for the workarounds.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/53417-how-wipe-reinstall-usb-flash-window-8-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

System Microsoft Windows Window Partioned Reinstall... Drive? NEED Help XP Home Edition Version Service Pack AMD Athlon Processor GHz MB of RAM I am going to re-install windows and I have a Compaq Presario computer that has a C and D drive Is there any way I can make my computer one drive or is there a plus side to having two drives D is listed as system sav The files on it are Folder a f ed date modified CPQDRV CPQS DATA CONFIG MS-DOS BATCH FILE Q DIR FILE W SKU SKU FILE Could I safely delete these files Should I leave them and just reinstall to C drive I thought I read Partioned Drive? Window Reinstall... NEED Help somewhere that Compaq had portioned drives and it was a waste of space Any and all input will be appreciated I have reinstalled Windows before have done backup of files I want to save and am doing the reinstall to get rid of a few things and fix some things that are going on My fault for messing with registry probably Live and learn C has total size of GB with GB free and D has GB with GB free If you need any more info for suggestions please advise and I will respond as soon as possible Once I finish back up of my photos I will be ready to re install Windows Thanks SO much Christine nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partioned-drive-window-reinstall-need-help.435914/
Relevancy 47.3%

well, some kind of virus got into my system and deleted some rather importaint windows' registery items. In effect, Iv been battling system errors, spam, viruses and no program works properly. I want to try and re-install windows to fix this, and i have some questions...
1st. Is it possible to re-install windows without the system disk?
2nd. will i lose files on C:/ drive??
thankyou in advance for any help on this matter.

Relevancy 47.3%

:hotbounce
Hi all, can anyone help me out
I just reinstall window xp and i have many problem with driver

mutimedia audio driver does not work
usb controller does not work and
video controller does not work

I tried uninstall these drivers in device manager then turn off and restarted my computer and reinstall these drivers but nothing working.

Still no sound, can not use USB drive for my printer, and can watch music video either.

Can someone out there please help me........... :knock:

A:Reinstall window xp pro, driver problem, please help...

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Plz read this thread
It will tremendously help us to help you.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstall-window-xp-pro-driver-problem-please-help.32848/
Relevancy 47.3%

HI,

A few files on my hard drive where corrupted, so I decided to fdisk the drive and reinstall windows 2000.

I created 4 windows 2000 repair/setup disks (floppy) on another IMB (570E) and boot off them.

When I try and swap out the floppy drive to put in the cd-rom drive so my windows 2000 disk can be accessed, I get a screeching sound and cannot access the drive.

Any ideas ??

TIA

Shaggy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/imb-t22-window-2000-reinstall-problems.286436/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I wonder if I reinstall window 2000 without formating my computer, will I lost all my files under my documents or I will be able to keep all the files I have even on My Desktop? Thank you so much

A:Will I lost my files if I reinstall Window?

If you run through setup, you'll see the option to repair your existing installation. If you choose that option and don't format your drive, all your documents and settings will be the same after you get back to your desktop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-i-lost-my-files-if-i-reinstall-window.313913/
Relevancy 47.3%

HelloI have very wired issue  my laptop freeze randomly .I just browse in the net or write something etc and the laptop freeze.Do you have any idea from where to start or how to fix that issue.I am on winodws 10 64bit

A:Aspire 5750 window 10 issue

Is this temporarily or do you have to reboot ? If you get the spinning circle and it comes back after a while that is different from a solid freeze. Are you using McAfee ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5750-window-10-issue/td-p/419008/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

I got an error code 0x 80070000-0x90002. What does this mean? Had attempted to create a installation media but unsuccessful. Look up in the community forum but could not understand very well. Do I need to update Aspire ZC700 BIOS first? I am so low tech. I don't even know what BIOS is. Please help.....Thank you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-Aspire-ZC700-could-not-upgrade-to-window-10-Multiple-attempts/td-p/434957/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

Shutdown appears to proceed as normal, but the keyboard still remains lit with the screen black and the blue "power on" LED remains lit until I hold down the power button to do a hard power off. I have left this go overnight to see it this is just slow, but it will hang like this all night. This issue started after I installed WIndows 10, was rarely an issue on WIndows 8 or 8.1. I noticed there are no driver updates for Windows 10 issued.  Are there any drivers up and coming to resolve this in the future? Anyone else having this issue?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire R7-571 won't completely shut down on Window...

ok, try this. press windows key logo + rselect power optionson the left side click on choose what the power button doclick on change settings that are currently unavailableuntick turn on fast startupclick on save changes try to shudown your system as always.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-R7-571-won-t-completely-shut-down-on-Windows-10/td-p/379881
Relevancy 47.3%

My Aspire One - with Windows One, off Wiped my 8.1 Aspire re... bootable window no was stuck in an infinite update failed to install removing updates do not turn off computer loop for hours before I turned off the computer in utter disgust with Windows I tried everything in the blue screen troubleshooting window refresh restore diagnose and repair etc I encountered an error resfreshing error restoring error repairing and nothing was working to get me back into Windows I tried rebooting in Safe Mode and even that would not work Now the computer says performing automatic repair when rebooting and that's the current infinite loop I have no external recovery media to boot from to reinstall the OS on what appears to be a now reformatted blank drive nbsp Wiped window 8.1 off my Aspire One, no bootable re... I tried to access the hidden recovery Wiped window 8.1 off my Aspire One, no bootable re... partition but that also won't work because there is no D D option in BIOS nbsp Please do not advise me to try Alt-F and all the other hot key configurations because none of those work either nbsp I read on another website that the only thing I can do is to download the Acer eRecovery Management software and use that to restore from the hidden partition however that software does not appear available at least not for free nbsp I refuse to pay for something I did not cause nbsp That's just plain wrong nbsp Any advice out there Thanks in advance

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Wiped-window-8-1-off-my-Aspire-One-no-bootable-recovery-backup/td-p/432295/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

Shutdown appears to proceed as normal, but the keyboard still remains lit with the screen black and the blue "power on" LED remains lit until I hold down the power button to do a hard power off. I have left this go overnight to see it this is just slow, but it will hang like this all night. This issue started after I installed WIndows 10, was rarely an issue on WIndows 8 or 8.1. I noticed there are no driver updates for Windows 10 issued.  Are there any drivers up and coming to resolve this in the future? Anyone else having this issue?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire R7-571 won't completely shut down on Window...

ok, try this. press windows key logo + rselect power optionson the left side click on choose what the power button doclick on change settings that are currently unavailableuntick turn on fast startupclick on save changes try to shudown your system as always.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-R7-571-won-t-completely-shut-down-on-Windows-10/td-p/379881/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.87%

I had a HDD fail and put a new one in but cant boot to legacy options (DVD) I assume because legacy is not enabled in bios. Problem is, all I can see is bios info not actual bios. The typical f2/f10/ffffff   only shows info. Even escape will look at boot options but legacy is not in there. Is there a lockout on the bios?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Cant-get-to-bios-to-allow-for-reinstall/td-p/5727247
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello.

I have a problem reinstalling windows on my computer. When the wininstaller looks for places to install windows, it shows a partition 131072 mb large. This is the same on different hdds. I just sucsesfully formatted a 372 gb hdd in another computer.
This also meashures 131072 mb when trying to install windows.
Could this be caused by virus in the BIOS?
I have a biostar gf7050v-m7 mobo.
The windowsdisc is kosher.
Please help as i am starting to fear permanent computrerloss.

Thanks.

A:Reinstall BIOS?

A lengthy write-up here; http://www.dealtime.com/xPR-Seagate-Barracuda-7200-7-Plus-160-GB-ST3160023A~RD-136859979396 that contains:

"Accessing disk space beyond 137GB requires two working criteria: chipset BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) program and operating system that support 48-bit LBA."

"For Windows XP, it must be SP-1 ......"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstall-bios.104394/
Relevancy 46.87%

How do i save the changes in bios in Aspire S7 392?  I want to change "secure boot mode" to custom and all i get is standard.  With the standard secure boot mode, all bios changes go back to default after restart.  Secure boot mode is grayed out and i can't change it to custom.  Thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-S7-392-bios-changes/td-p/449211
Relevancy 46.87%

Laptop is Aspire E - -C BIOS not E3-111 see Aspire HDD does QT running Windows System BIOS v On Startup Acer logo flashes then goes to black screen with blinking underscore I reboot press F to open InsydeH Setup Utility nbsp It erroneously lists HDD Model Name as Toshiba MQ ABF Aspire E3-111 BIOS does not see HDD On InsydeH Setup Utility Boot the Boot Priority Order does not even include Acer HDD anymore F BIOS Setup Boot Priority Order USB ATAPI CDROM HDD nbsp TOSHIBA USB HDD USB CDROM nbsp F Aspire E3-111 BIOS does not see HDD Boot Manager Boot Options HDD nbsp TOSHIBA Network Boot nbsp Realtek PXE B D nbsp During a Restart after a pushed System Update my Aspire E - was connected via USB to a Seagate external hard drive that stored among many other things System Restore for an old Toshiba pc HDD TOSHIBA MQ ABF For some unknown reason my Aspire E - BIOS does not seem to see Acer HDD but only sees HDD of a Toshiba pc that no longer exists Help

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E3-111-BIOS-does-not-see-HDD/td-p/464076
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all, I am in need of some serious help. Yesterday while updating my PC  I was looking at the Acer website and saw a BIOS update for my model. I downloaded and it looked very confusing to me. I decided not to update, later my uncle came over and said he knew how to do it. Long story short after he was done my Acer wont boot, I press the power button, I get one short beep, HDD lights blinks for a second and than just black screen. Anyone with any help much appreciated.   SYSTEM SPECS: Aspire TC-605-UR2S   Windows 10 pro  Asus GT 630

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-TC-605-BIOS-HELP/td-p/457729
Relevancy 46.87%

i forgot bios password please help ACER Aspire ZC-606

A:reset BIOS ACER Aspire ZC-606hie how to reset BIOS...

You would need to send the system to a service center to have a forgotten BIOS password removed. We would suggest contacting technical support in your region for further assistance with this issue.
Acer Service and Support

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/reset-BIOS-ACER-Aspire-ZC-606hie-how-to-reset-BIOS-password-ACER/td-p/425741
Relevancy 46.87%

i forgot bios password please help ACER Aspire ZC-606

A:reset BIOS ACER Aspire ZC-606hie how to reset BIOS...

You would need to send the system to a service center to have a forgotten BIOS password removed. We would suggest contacting technical support in your region for further assistance with this issue.
Acer Service and Support

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/reset-BIOS-ACER-Aspire-ZC-606hie-how-to-reset-BIOS-password-ACER/td-p/425741/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.87%

Am temporarily using my sons laptop which was restored a while ago nbsp It doesn't want to download an install anything nbsp Tried downloading Sage and it went through the installation process but wasn't there nbsp When I tried to install again it said it was already on the pc but I couldn't find it nbsp Then had trouble downloading a HP diagnostics program ran through install got to then came up with an and Stuc... ESU for Application - 7 Reinstall SP1 Window Driver error nbsp Also tried installing a bluetooth mouse which after many attempts seemed to install and then disappear nbsp Also tried the windows upgrade for it just says it's starting update for ages and does nothing else nbsp Decided to run through Driver amp Applications ESU for Window 7 SP1 - Driver and Application Reinstall Stuc... reinstall it's got to ESU Microsoft Update SP and has been on nbsp this for approx hours nbsp It won't let me cancel or ESU for Window 7 SP1 - Driver and Application Reinstall Stuc... do anything else nbsp Can't leave it running all night especially if it has gotten stuck nbsp Should I just cancel it all and shut down ESU for Window 7 SP1 - Driver and Application Reinstall Stuc... and try again nbsp I presume there are some drivers missing somewhere preventing downloads installs nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ESU-for-Window-7-SP1-Driver-and-Application-Reinstall-Stuck/td-p/5704904
Relevancy 46.87%

My computer got so slow that I reverted it back to its factory condition.  While running Windows Update & installing them, it has begun acting up again.  I have not been sucessfuf at reverting it back again.  I am going to try to use the recovery discs to reinstall the OS.  Anthing I have to watch for or just let it work off thd discs?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-PCs-Performing-an-HP-operating-system-reinstall-Windows/td-p/5750904
Relevancy 46.87%

It seems that my Bitlocker drive encryption service, window installers, windows update, background intelligent transfer service, cryptographic services keep stopping. I never have any updates for windows or Acer. I do realize that there are not update every day. However, i never show an update at all. My Acer Aspire R7-371-T is not detecting updates or something. I went to Microsoft support and they remotely reinstalled Windows 10 and there was over 10 updates, unfortunately after that it was back to no updates again. I am so sick of having to reinstall and then get all my apps back and whatever else was deleted from having to do a reinstall of win10.Plus when i went and posted my issue (like I am doing now here) the replys I have gotten make me feel as if I am crazy or stupid.Can someone please help me? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R7-371-T-and-Window-10-Update-problems/td-p/442766/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, after i upgraded to Windows 10, my screen does not auto-rotate.  I'm using an Aspire R13. In the Action Center, the "Rotation Lock" button is greyed out. In the Settings, under System, and then under Display, the "Lock rotation of this display" is also greyed out. Any solutions? Thanks!

A:aspire r13 - screen does not auto-rotate in Window...

Have you tried the G-sensor driver? [img]http://community.acer.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/8518i63908E17EF8FEBCC/image-size/original?v=m... ]

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-r13-screen-does-not-auto-rotate-in-Windows-10/td-p/378689
Relevancy 46.87%

It seems that my Bitlocker drive encryption service, window installers, windows update, background intelligent transfer service, cryptographic services keep stopping. I never have any updates for windows or Acer. I do realize that there are not update every day. However, i never show an update at all. My Acer Aspire R7-371-T is not detecting updates or something. I went to Microsoft support and they remotely reinstalled Windows 10 and there was over 10 updates, unfortunately after that it was back to no updates again. I am so sick of having to reinstall and then get all my apps back and whatever else was deleted from having to do a reinstall of win10.Plus when i went and posted my issue (like I am doing now here) the replys I have gotten make me feel as if I am crazy or stupid.Can someone please help me? 

A:Acer Aspire R7-371-T and Window 10 Update problems

Unless you need it, first thing I would do is to decrypt the drive and remove BitLocker, it has been known to cause problems.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R7-371-T-and-Window-10-Update-problems/td-p/442766
Relevancy 46.87%

My daughter started college she got a acer aspire 5251-1513 from wal mart couple months ago. when she goes on explore and back to desk top the icons freeze up so she can t use her desktop. any idea's how to fix this problem? I guess returning the computer is one way. but it could be a simple fix maybe ???
so if anyone has this problem or would like to send me answer how to solve this problem thank

A:window 7 acer aspire desktop problems

try reinstalling the operating system see if works if not refund for the desktop at walmart.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/window-7-acer-aspire-desktop-problems-516281.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, after i upgraded to Windows 10, my screen does not auto-rotate.  I'm using an Aspire R13. In the Action Center, the "Rotation Lock" button is greyed out. In the Settings, under System, and then under Display, the "Lock rotation of this display" is also greyed out. Any solutions? Thanks!

A:aspire r13 - screen does not auto-rotate in Window...

Have you tried the G-sensor driver? [img]http://community.acer.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/8518i63908E17EF8FEBCC/image-size/original?v=m... ]

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-r13-screen-does-not-auto-rotate-in-Windows-10/td-p/378689/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, My Acer S7-392 running Windows 10 fails to connect to my Celluon PicoPro projector. I blame it's the PC's fault, because my Lumia 950 phone connects to the projector just fine. A few months ago the PC used to connect fine as well (maybe some drivers got automatically updated since then). The projector is discovered, but the connection cannot be established, sometimes the laptop thinks it's connected, but the projector shows that an error occurred during connection (no error message is provided), sometimes it displays "Couldn't connect" in the Connect charm. The laptop has latest Intel network and graphics drivers, both released in 2016. "netsh wlan show driver" shows that wireless displays are fully supported by both network and graphics drivers. Has anybody experienced same issue? Does anyone know versions of the drivers that are proved to work? Thanks!

A:Acer Aspire S7-392 problem with Miracast on Window...

Are you connecting the projector and powering it on before you start the laptop?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S7-392-problem-with-Miracast-on-Windows-10/td-p/423355/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there, I recently installed Winsdows 10 on my 3-4 years old Aspire laptop, and after fixing the wifi and bluetooth drivers problems I've just found that my DVD drive no longer works!It shows up in My Computer, Device Manager etc and has power and makes whirrs, but it won't read any discs, DVD or CD. Is it an issue with the driver in Windows 10? I upgraded from WIndows 7 64 bit, jumping straight over WIndows 8 and 8.1...I've spent about 10 hours googling this and similar faults and I give up, its time to ask for help! Incidentally I never thought to check the Acer website for a list of WIndioows 10 upgrade supported computers given that Microsoft said that my device could take the upgrade, as I bet many people didn't - why would you? This list of basic failings is getting annoying enough that I might just rioll  back to WIn7....Thanks in advance for any assistance!Mat

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-M3-581TG-DVD-drive-not-working-since-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/452779
Relevancy 46.44%
A:please help. this where reinstall gets stuck even after bios is set for cd rom

Are you using both sata cd rom and sata HDD for the install?

I have have found I get this problem in these situations. Try using an IDE rom if this is the case.

If not try changing your memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-this-where-reinstall-gets-stuck-even-after-bios-is-set-for-cd-rom.728821/
Relevancy 46.44%

hi my pc come with windows 8 on it..i desided to go to windows seven again so did a fresh install.now i have desied go back to windows 8 only problem is i found no key!.so i read up that windows 8 key is in the bios.so i read up what windows it comes with and all it sez is windows 8.so what disk do i need for a reinstall i did a aio windows disk witch i downloaded did not like the key so im at a loss where go from here! i have the ACERPredator G3 Desktop PC
please help

A:windows 8 reinstall bios key

You will need to contact the manufacturer to obtain a restore disk. The key in the BIOS won't be valid for anything else.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/25200-windows-8-reinstall-bios-key.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So basically I got my new laptop which is the Aspire E - Now my question would be how Aspire E5-473 Upgrading Bios would I update my BIOS I haven't updated it yet i'm currently running the stock one Since I recently found out that there's currently a new BIOS update for the laptop model in the acer official website And which one should I download and install nbsp To anyone who might ask why I'm planning to upgrade update my BIOS it seems like my battery's getting drained even if my laptop is Upgrading Bios Aspire E5-473 turned off I had last - days when I opened up my laptop today I only had remaining Thinking that updating my bios would be the fix for this nbsp I downloaded one and it just said to run the executable file but I'm afraid I might do it wrong and brick out my new laptop Any help would be Upgrading Bios Aspire E5-473 glady appreciated Thank you nbsp P S I made sure that this is the right model of my laptop I also have searched my drivers using the serial number attached below my laptop nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Upgrading-Bios-Aspire-E5-473/td-p/464034
Relevancy 46.44%

OK, upgrade to windows 10 and also wanted to update the bios to the current version.  Flashed P11.B4 as that is what Acer showed as the most current bios and now cmos does not recognize the hdd or usb drives. I have booted from my USB flash drive with my laptop so I know it works. Currious is that the only drive it seems to see is the windows10 installation usb.  I startup with that and went to cmd prompt; re-flashed to P11.b2 to see if that helped but no luck, same issue, does not see any drives. The original bios was P21-B1C1 but cant find that anywhere..... Any suggestions??

A:Aspire AXC-603; updated bios and now hdd and usb n...

UPDATE; the problem has been resolved.....found that the system would recognize the windows 10 upgrade usb.  Copied the new bios P11.B4 to the usb drive, booted into the windows setup, selected REPAIR, Advanced and then went to the CMD prompt in windows update. Navigated to the "win" version of the flash update and flashed.....rebooted, selected CSM enabled and then WOW, the HDD, CDROM and USB drives are now recognized.... Hope this may help someone else.. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-AXC-603-updated-bios-and-now-hdd-and-usb-not-recognized/td-p/430281/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

Has anyone had an issue with the bios update 1.06? Ever since I updated it from 1.05, it just constantly reboots. I keep getting bsod like memory manager issues and corrupt drivers.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S-13-S5-371-bios-1-06/td-p/463384
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi during a foolish move or uninstalling the AMD sata drivers on the PC the machine rebooted several times and thenwent into the bios set up and subsequently what i believe was a recovery mode writing several new blocks nbsp eventually the machine shut down and ever since have not been able to get it to start nbsp when i push the power button the light does not come on but i hear the cd drive attempting to be accessed in addition to the processor fan building up to and remaining at full speed nbsp I have contacted Acer who have told me this model is a PC World Currys only warranty only so declined to help me Upon calling the retailer they said i needed to contact ACER nbsp i am now left a PC with what i think is a blank bios although reading some of the posts online there are suggestions that i can somehow copy bios files onto a cd as the machine may be looking for replacement bios files and as the USB ports are not active it must be awaiting a file via CD nbsp if anyone can offer any help or guidance i would be most appreciative as am at a total loss nbsp i believe in reading further online that the bios and motherboard for the tc- and tc- are the same but sold as variations so that PC World Currys have an exclusive model number nbsp Many thanks in advance nbsp Leon

A:Aspire TC-220 dead bios

in addition to the above, the machine is also less than 5 months old (just to add to the frustration)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-TC-220-dead-bios/td-p/389937/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,I just updated the bios in my aspire es1-131 from 1.11 to 1.17. All seemed to be progressing OK, but after finalization (100%) and reboot the computer is dead. Just a black screen. No logo, not possible to hit F2 or anything. Isvthere any way to fix this?? Or is it totally bricked?Thanks in advance.

A:Aspire es1-131 bios v1.17 bricked!?

tama41,

Hopefully you made a backup of your BIOS before you updated it, that way you can restore it back. If not, there are ways to fix it (crisis BIOS recovery) or you can contact Acer technical support in your area for options.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-es1-131-bios-v1-17-bricked/td-p/386702/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

Goodmorning guys nbsp i have some problem with my E - Acer Laptop Some week ago i have tried to update my bios for some issue encounter with Windows But i think cause a corrupted file now my laptop is bricked When i power on i don't have ANY response from the laptop only the led of power on and after E1-571 Aspire bios recovery a few seconds i see a reboot the led power off and power Aspire E1-571 bios recovery on again This situation is in loop nbsp I have tried to recover the BIOS with this recovery procedure remove the batteryput Q WV X FD bios file nbsp in a FAT usb key and plugged inpress FN ESC keyswith keys pressed plug the AC DC adapterpress Power On buttonafter this i can hear the fan going to full speed But nothing happens In all the internet i read that the usb key led should blink but nothing There is no way to read the usb key nbsp Do you have some other procedure to follow nbsp PS i'm sorry for my bad english nbsp Thank you Giulio

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E1-571-bios-recovery/td-p/437965/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all nbsp I have a nbsp Aspire V - with a possible corrupt (?) V3-571 Aspire corrupt BIOS BIOS I recently fitted a previously working motherboard but the screen is just black when I switch on I feel that the motherboard's BIOS has corrupted due to all the new devices being attached ie different hard drive RAM etc nbsp It powers Aspire V3-571 corrupt BIOS (?) up hard drive light flickers for one sec as if it is POSTing fan is working but there is no Acer Aspire V3-571 corrupt BIOS (?) logo nothing ever happens I have tried different RAM and CPU too nbsp I have tried flashing the BIOS using a USB stick but had no joy after I press FN and ESC the USB stick and hard drive light stick flash alternately as if they're looking for the BIOS rescue files but nothng happens I have tried different sticks different ports and almost all the BIOS files on the Acer site I have extracted all the files from the EXE file and put them on the stick each time nbsp I have been using an GB USB stick have heard that only a GB or less stick will work is this true nbsp nbsp I feel that it is either the USB stick size that is the problem or I am somehow not putting the correct files on the stick as the laptop is clearly looking for them but never seems to find what it needs to recover nbsp Also this laptop is running Windows I have been using the normal BIOS files and not the UEFI ones as instructed nbsp Does anyone have any ideas please as this is getting really frustrating Thanks in advance

A:Aspire V3-571 corrupt BIOS (?)

"BIOS has corrupted due to all the new devices being attached ie different hard drive, RAM, etc."That's not going to happen.Did you forget to plug something back in?Could you have zapped the MB with static?Could you have bent a pin on the CPU when you installed it.How do you know the replacement MB was previously working? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V3-571-corrupt-BIOS/td-p/423934/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

On the ACER website there is a new BIOS for the Aspire V3-574G:BIOSAcer1. Update N16V-GM vbios to 80.28.8F.00.28.1.354.0 MB2016/01/07DownloadThe N16V-GM is the NVIDIA GeForce 920M, my laptop came with the NVIDIA GeForce 940M 4GB which is GPU Variant: N16S-GT-S.  Is this BIOS update misnamed or incompatable? N16S-GT-S

A:Aspire V3-574G New BIOS v1.35

The reply from Acer on my inquiry about this issue: First, please be guidede that BIOS updating is actually one procedure that we highly do not just recommend owners to do on their own unless they are willing enough to take the risk of having the possible breakdown and harm that BIOS updating can do which is no longer reversible and will totally damage the board. Now as for the BIOS contents if you will notice in the selection portion of our website for drivers support, each models are specified in different variants which carry different hardware package where some has the NVIDIA and the other does not have NVIDIA but regardless of the model under the V3-575 series you select, they all carry the same BIOS versions. The BIOS developer is only stating that the said version already carry the new BIOS version for the unit who uses the Nvidia 920M GPU and if not it will not be of use.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V3-574G-New-BIOS-v1-35/td-p/411459
Relevancy 46.44%

hello, what is the exactly difference between the Bios Versions for the Aspire XC-605?At the support Page here http://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/support-product/4945;-;Aspire%20XC-605 , i see that P11-B4L is the latest one. But somewhere else i red that the L-Versions are for Linux? is that true? But why an extra bios for Linux? or is P11-B4L  just the latest one and i should install it? thx in advance

A:Aspire XC-605 Bios Versions

For the XC-605, I believe the L versions are for computers that came pre-installed with Linux (Linpus). The P21 versions are for computers that came pre-installed with Windows 7 The P11 versions are for computers that came pre-installed with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35410#_ga=1.266299791.1462299176.1467840632  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-XC-605-Bios-Versions/td-p/442557
Relevancy 46.44%

hi,my laptop when turned on only until the logo acer .. in wait for an hour remain so. regulatory sign bios can not (hit F2).then I pull the battery for 1-5 minutes, after it emerged selection UEFI mode or legacy, then I select UEFI.and reboot the computer is off. Only a black screen. No logo, it is impossible to hit F2 or whatever. but connected via hdmi using existing computer monitor acer logo then no hdd bootable, in continued use an external keyboard also could not hit F2. aspire es1-131how to fix this ??Thanks in advance.  

Quotes from our greatest Acer Techie Blayn:"If it won't boot past a black screen, most likely the system requires repair service. We would suggest contacting technical support in your region for further assistance with this issue. Acer Service and Support"Source: http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-E1-521-0694-bios-flash-failure/m-p/4... Good luck! 

First, CALM DOWN and look at my profile picture. Calm? Now post your message. If I helped, a Kudos would be great! Marking as solution will help others as well, thank you!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-es1-131-bios-v1-17-bricked/td-p/425485/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%
A:I have an Aspire TC-120 but my bios will not open....

have a read:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27103/~/accessing-the-uefi-(bios)-setup-on-a-window...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-an-Aspire-TC-120-but-my-bios-will-not-open-I-have-pressed/m-p/428097
Relevancy 46.44%

What's the latest BIOS for a VN7-791 and where is it?  Site is stupid slow...

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-bios-update/td-p/462975
Relevancy 46.44%

hello,last weekend, I tried to update bios of my laptop (Aspire V5-573), with newer(?) version (2.30) which downloaded from Acer homepage. when I run the update excutable, I saw the version number of which I used is 2.11. However, after the execution of the update program (executed on windows 10), My laptop can not boot into windows, even can not enter BIOS setting with showing only "Default Boot Device Missing or boot failed Insert recovery media and hit any key Then select boot manager to choose a new boot device to boot or recovery media." After selecting OK button, there are no option I can select. In previous questions here, some answers are using BIOS recovery with raw bios image file, but I can not find any image file for me on the web. Can anyone help me?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,I just updated the bios in my aspire es1-131 from 1.11 to 1.17. All seemed to be progressing OK, but after finalization (100%) and reboot the computer is dead. Just a black screen. No logo, not possible to hit F2 or anything. Isvthere any way to fix this?? Or is it totally bricked?Thanks in advance.

tama41,

Hopefully you made a backup of your BIOS before you updated it, that way you can restore it back. If not, there are ways to fix it (crisis BIOS recovery) or you can contact Acer technical support in your area for options.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-es1-131-bios-v1-17-bricked/td-p/386702
Relevancy 46.44%

hello, what is the exactly difference between the Bios Versions for the Aspire XC-605?At the support Page here http://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/support-product/4945;-;Aspire%20XC-605 , i see that P11-B4L is the latest one. But somewhere else i red that the L-Versions are for Linux? is that true? But why an extra bios for Linux? or is P11-B4L  just the latest one and i should install it? thx in advance

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-XC-605-Bios-Versions/td-p/442557/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%
A:I have an Aspire TC-120 but my bios will not open....

have a read:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27103/~/accessing-the-uefi-(bios)-setup-on-a-window...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-an-Aspire-TC-120-but-my-bios-will-not-open-I-have-pressed/td-p/428097/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all, I've looked at the BIOS page on the Acer Drivers and downloads section for my laptop (V5-571 Aspire, Ultrathin) and there are some more recent revisions. I usually wouldn't update my BIOS if things are going well but is it worth it to see if I get any sort of performance increase? One thing that's confused me - my laptop is running BIOS version 2.11, dated 05/11/2012. But when I look at the BIOS downloads on the Acer website for this laptop (I used my laptop's serial number to search for drivers) there is no 2.11 version! There's 2.09, 2.15, 2.17 and 2.18. Is there a chance my laptop could be running a BIOS not designed for it? Far fetched I know but I can't see why there wouldn't be a 2.11 on the download page. Also what does "Not for upgrades" mean next to some of the BIOSs listed? Thanks for any information. Alex

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Should I update my BIOS? Aspire V5-571

a BIOS version missing from support website, means nothing. they probably did a quick update to V2.15 and it was not worth to publish V2.11 (not for upgrades) means that only laptops with windows 8.x OS from factory can upgrade to this version; the others that had windows 7 can't do it. if you need it, you can update straight to V2.18

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Should-I-update-my-BIOS-Aspire-V5-571/td-p/427792/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

I found an Acer Aspire in the dumpster I would like to wipe the hard drive and start fresh HOWEVER the optical drive is not selectable to boot from as if it is not being recognized I read somewhere else that this is a Bios Aspire 5100 known issue with the Aspire and that it is usally fixed by updating the Aspire 5100 Bios bios HOWEVER there is a password on the vista administrator account so I can't log in Aspire 5100 Bios to do this This is what I've tried so far moving the hard drive to another computer with a working CD-ROM Aspire 5100 Bios and using NT offline password tool to remove the password This method does not find the registry files installing another hard drive with another installation of windows which will only boot to safe mode because it was installed on another computer WinPhlash the bios updater will not work in safe mode The F boot menu only gives these two options SATA Hitachi HTS hard drive PCI BEV Realtek Boot Agent Does anyone have any suggestions on how to work around this

A:Aspire 5100 Bios

sorry dude , no help with passwords as per forum rules!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/aspire-5100-bios-554509.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Mobo Graphic

Hi

My friend has just bought a Aspire computer from a computer shop, so the problem is, he could not access into the BIOS.

What he notice is, when he on his PC, there is a picture of the computer brand shown. And after that the Windows startup screen is shown.

Because of this picture of the computer brand, no matter how many times of DEL he press will not bring him into the BIOS screen.

Can anybody tell me how to do away with the picture of the computer brand or is there a other way to access into the BIOS.

Thanks

A:Aspire PC, can't access the BIOS.

Well, there has to be a key to hit when you see the picture. Try F2 or Esc. F2 is what I hit for my laptop and I think I had to disable Silent Boot to get rid of the Gateway graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aspire-pc-cant-access-the-bios.968/
Relevancy 46.44%

I've had my Aspire S7 for about 3 years and use it daily. This morning I received an pop-up from live updater saying I need to install a BIOS update v2.09.   I see this version has been out for years and am quite leery of installing unsolicited software.  Is this a legitimate update and why would it show up now if the bios version has been available for years ?

Relevancy 46.44%

This latop was originally factory installed with Windows 8. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10. All went fine and the laptop works fine. HOWEVER.When I boot he laptop, the acer splash screen appears and I try to get into BIOS with F2 but it doesn't work. F2 is ignored. I don't knowe why. The user manual for this laptop say that F2 should work for accessing BIOS. The only way for me to get into BIOS is through Windows Recovery.Recovery -> Troubleshoot -. Advanced Options -> UEFI Firmware Settings I have an acer E1-571 and F2 works fine. Like to fix this. Can you provide a solution.. Thanks. P.S F12 works. At the bottom of Boot Manager menu I can access the Setup (BIOS) from here. Is this the way acer intended for this particular model to access BIOS? It contradicts the user manual though??? 

A:Aspire V5-431. Cannot get into BIOS. F2 doesn't wo...

emeak, I don't have your computer model, but I tested an R5-471T.  You had to be extremely quick hitting the F2.  There was a very brief window of opportunity.  Honestly though, I would probably just stick with the other method (that you're currently using).  It's not very often that one has to change the UEFI/BIOS settings. http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27102/~/accessing-the-uefi-(bios)-setup-on-a-wi... http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37064/~/windows-10%3A-access-the-uefi-bios  Or I use the Shift-Restart method.....usually.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-431-Cannot-get-into-BIOS-F2-doesn-t-work/td-p/435646/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

1) I have Office 2000 SR1--When I try to open a the Word application, the Windows installer pops up and tells me to insert the Office CD, but then opens a blank document.
2) Outlook drops off the sender name on my incoming e-mails, which I can read, but I can't send mail--problems accessing the address book.
3) Computer has been running slow, and even shut itself down a couple of times in the last week.

Please help, if you can. Thanks very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-files-suddenly-bring-up-reinstall-window.509354/
Relevancy 46.44%

I bought this laptop but the owner had installed some pirated version. I want to reinstall the original genuine window but the problem is the product key is not clearly read from sticker and original cd is also corrupt. Please help me how to fix it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19990132
Relevancy 46.01%

After some battling with drivers I was able to get the touchpad gestures to work which was the last thing left to make all the laptop under Aspire 591G finally VN7 perfect works window... components work under windows which is not supported by Acer for this laptop I could not find the solution anywhere on the internet so I thought I would share my results nbsp First off I installed synaptics drivers v C from synaptis official website After installation they are not recognized in the system and the touchpad has still the default microsoft mouse driver I opened the device manager and manually updated the driver using the option from disk and Aspire VN7 591G finally works perfect under window... pointed to the synaptics driver Now in the device manager the device name is Synaptics HID TouchPad but still it is not functioning and it has a yellow exclamation mark nbsp After reboot I Aspire VN7 591G finally works perfect under window... started the snappy driver installer software which found an update to the touchpad driver Voila I got the synaptics console in the taskbar and all the gesture and scrolling options Where is the driver from I have no idea though it has version date - - Synaptics not signed nbsp nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-VN-7-591G-finally-works-perfect-under-windows-7/td-p/431777/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.01%

When I upgraded to windows 10 same thing happened but I got some link in this forum and on downloading that it started working. Then after some time on window update Groove music stopped working but otherwise audio was working. Now I updated my windows 10 yesterday audio is again gone. Please help.....

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-5830T-Audio-problem-after-updating-window-10/td-p/408485/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.01%

After some battling with drivers I was able to get the touchpad gestures to work which was the last thing left to make all the laptop components work under windows which is not supported by Acer for this laptop I could not find the solution anywhere on the internet so I thought I would share my results nbsp First off I installed synaptics drivers v C from synaptis official website After installation they are not recognized in the system and the touchpad has still the default microsoft mouse driver I opened the device manager and manually updated the driver using the option from disk and pointed to the synaptics driver Now in the device manager the device name is Synaptics HID TouchPad but still it is not functioning and it has a yellow exclamation mark nbsp After reboot I started the snappy driver installer under perfect Aspire window... VN7 finally 591G works software which found an update to the touchpad driver Voila I got the synaptics console in the taskbar and all the gesture and scrolling options Where is the driver from I have no idea though it has version date - - Synaptics not signed nbsp nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-VN7-591G-finally-works-perfect-under-windows-7/td-p/431777/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.01%

I need to factory reset my laptop but the recovery part I on has been deleted. I bought a windows 8.1 repair and installation disc but it says it won't install on a uefi based computer. Do I need a special disc or what can I do

A:How to reinstall windows 8 with uefi bios

Hi: You will have to install in BIOS Legacy mode,. The PC will not boot from a DVD with legacy mode disabled. See this link for what setting to change... http://www.support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03736054/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-reinstall-windows-8-with-uefi-bios/td-p/5717654
Relevancy 46.01%

Something changes the way my machines are getting configured during a clean re-install. My group policies are getting changed so I get completely taken over by something when I access internet. Seems as if domain controller may have an issue.

A:Something Changing My Bios at Setup during reinstall?

If I want to post a log from a run of a Live Linux disc on a Win 8 machine,,,Should I post here or on Linux forum? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606470/something-changing-my-bios-at-setup-during-reinstall/