Windows Support Forum

Memory advice for Asus Sabertooth X79 & I-7 3930

Q: Memory advice for Asus Sabertooth X79 & I-7 3930

I need forum recommendations on good reliable memory sticks, 4x4 GB or 8x2 GB (don't sure which is better). Mostly PC will be using for games and some audio recording.
Don't know which clock 1866 or 2400 (O.C.) for motherboard will be better.
Can somebody share his experience with me?

Thank you!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Memory advice for Asus Sabertooth X79 & I-7 3930

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Memory advice for Asus Sabertooth X79 & I-7 3930

First, you should know that X79 is the first (and only) consumer platform with a quad channel memory controller. That means for maximum memory performance you must use at least 4 DIMMs, populating channels A, B, C, and D.
The Sabertooth X79 originally supported up to only 1866 MHz, but I see the QVL lists kits up to 2400. http://support.asus.com/QVL.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&m=SABERTOOTH X79&hashedid=RPOIwd0pKLoXnbFV
If you buy a kit on this list, it has already been tested to work with your board, at least at stock CPU speeds. If you overclock your CPU (and you should with that unlocked processor), some of the higher speed RAM may not boot. I believe you'll be safe buying a 2133 kit, even one that's not on the QVL. I'm running Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 in my Asus P8Z77-V & i5-3570K system with great results, and it's not on my QVL. If you do go for the 2400, you should pick one of the 4x4GB kits from your QVL for assured compatibility. If all those are hard to find (or too expensive), roll the dice and get the kit you want, but make sure it's a name brand like Corsair, Adata, G.Skill, Patriot, Kingston HyperX, Crucial, etc., as they have reputations to preserve and do lots of testing on all platforms.
Also, check out this recent thread about whether or not fast RAM is worth the money - http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191311

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-advice-for-asus-sabertooth-x79-i-7-3930.196586/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all...
Need help, this is my first build since 2000 and pc keeps halting
It halts at different spots(I.e at startup, opening IE, checking Devices, checking events, etc)
PC includes:
Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 BIOS level 2301(latest)
AMD fx-9590 (not OC)
Ultra Case with 7fans
WD 1T blue HDD
XFX Radeon R7 240 Video Card - 2GB DDR3, PCI-Express 3.0 (x8), AMD CrossFire - R7-240A-CLH4
Patriot Viper xtreme 8gb ddr3 1600MHZ pc3-12800 CL11 PX38G1600C11
Ultra PSU 750
Corsair H60

Attempted to install win8.1 pro and after the 50th time (pc kept halting) I finally got installed
Attempted to install all the drivers, and after numerous attempts(pc kept halting) got them all installed.
Let the pc sit for awhile with no one using it...pc halted after about 12mins...
Ran the memtest and no errors...
ran the CPU stress test, on idle 31c at 100% max out at 52c, but only ran for 6.5 hrs as it halted..
ran the Video test and no errors...
ran WD test all clean...
formatted HD and intalled win7...same issue pc halts

HELP!!!

A:Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0

What exactly do you mean by halting? I need a more in depth description in order to help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-sabertooth-990fx-r2-0.201583/
Relevancy 70.09%

the board is great and i wouldn't think twice about buying it except for the fact that it seem like the pci would be lost if you go sli does anyone know if this is true or not?

A:Asus Sabertooth loses PCI with SLI?

For the ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 if your using Dual Slot GPU's this is true because the PCI slot is covered up my the bottem GPU, If your using Single Slot GPU's you will be fine. For the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ you can use both Single Or Dual Slot GPU's and still be able the use the PCI slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-sabertooth-loses-pci-with-sli.171536/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I've been trying to figure out my constant crashes on Windows since freshly installing the other day I've updated firmware and drivers for everything I can think of and still can't get it to run smoothly Windows was not an issue at all The majority of my crashes are due to quot DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE quot on Sabertooth - P67 Asus DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE hal dll or ntoskrnl exe Crashes seem to happen at min intervals and are much less likely if I am using the computer Last night I re-installed Win freshly and the minidumps since then are included All drivers are currently through Windows and Windows Update Some info on my system that may help Motherboard - Asus P Sabertooth CPU - Intel i k RAM - Patriot x GB PC - MHZ brand new Hard Drives - x OCZ Agility SSD Raid - Seagate TB SATA III - Hitachi TB USB External Video - xGigabyte nVidia ti SLI Any help would be greatly appreciated I would like to stick with Win crash-free Oh yeah happy new year

A:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Asus P67 Sabertooth

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis: https://www.eightforums.com/bsod-cra...tructions.html

At work we run diagnostics on every system that we take in for repair (before we even start working on it). At a minimum, please run the free diagnostics here: Initial Hardware Diagnostics. For more in-depth diagnostics, please run those listed here: Hardware Diagnostics

We've seen a number of BSOD issues with SSD's. Here's the information that I've compiled so far:

There's not a whole bunch available to test SSD's. The "easiest" test is to remove the SSD, install a platter-based hard drive, install Windows and test for stability that way.

Here's some suggestions:
- Update the SSD's firmware to the latest available version (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
- Update the motherboard controllers drivers to the latest available version from the controller manufacturer (NOT the mobo manufacturer unless you can't find any on the controller manufacturer's website)
- Slow the memory (RAM) down to the next slower speed (I've only seen one person who claimed that this worked for them).
- Use any manufacturer's utilities that you may have. If you don't have any, then try this free one (I haven't used it myself): Crystal Dew World
- Update chipset and storage controller drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer of the device (not the manufacturer of the motherboard). Be sure to update ALL controllers on the motherboard!
....NOTE: Recently (Nov 2011) we had BSOD issues with the Marvell 91xx controller and an SSD. You may have to switch controllers also.
- Replace the SSD with a platter based hard drive and see if that stops the BSOD's. If it does, then it's likely that there's a problem with the SSD OR an incompatibility with your system.
It's my opinion that SSD's aren't reliable enough (with current hardware) to be used on a system that needs to work reliably. Until I see reliability I will not recommend, nor will I use, SSD's for critical applications.
06 Dec 2011 - This post tends to confirm issues with certain SSD chipsets and certain controllers - [SOLVED] cant find the cause of BSOD F4 - Tech Support Forum
29 May 2012 - The frequency of BSOD's with SSD's seems to have been decreasing over the last several months. It may be approaching time to re-evaluate my stand on their suitability for use in production systems.
10 Nov 2012 - I'm seeing an upswing in SSD errors - but most appear due to older storage controller drivers. I strongly suggest NOT using storage controller drivers that don't date from 2012 (if none are available, don't connect an SSD to that controller)

Memory dumps blame the Microsoft USB attached SCSI driver - this is a new one for me.
I would ensure that you update the firmware for your SSD's and get the latest 2012 drivers for your Intel storage controllers.
If that doesn't help, then I'd suggest that you run these free diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 19:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

iaStorV.sys Mon Apr 11 14:48:16 2011 (4DA34CF0)
Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver (base) (now is the Rapid Storage Technology (RST) driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorV.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue Jan 1 11:22:03.151 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\010113-9718-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Bui... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/16939-driver_power_state_failure-asus-p67-sabertooth.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,
Im getting a sabertooth z77 motherboard & want to know is my corsair 620 watt psu compatible ?

A:Solved: Asus sabertooth z77 motherboard

I am not sure there is a "comparability chart" for motherboards and PSUs. When getting PSU you should consider total power consumption of your projected devices, maybe leave few watts for future add-ons and make sure it will fit in your case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-sabertooth-z77-motherboard.1087417/
Relevancy 69.23%

Sabertooth X58 motherboard-

When I install the latest sound driver for my motherboard from Asus, the sound quality deteriorates, and the recording has a loud fuzzy ghosting sound in the background.

Anyone else experience this problem?

A:Asus Sabertooth X58 sound driver

Have you tried the latest directly from Realtek,

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

which is only a few days old?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/148681-asus-sabertooth-x58-sound-driver.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Upgrading my system, looking for best value and quality graphics card with support for 3 monitors. Applications: multiple hi res stock charts, streaming video, DVD movies, photo editing. Must be reliable, efficient (only 450W ps), and run cool (desert temps). Thanks for insights.

A:Asus Sabertooth video card

Budget?
PC specs?

You're probably looking at a 5450, if you're lucky.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-sabertooth-video-card.157086/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys,

I recently just built my first pc with a Asus Sabertooth x58 motherboard. When I checked the Bios it was version 0702; however, I cannot find that version anywhere on the web. Not even Asus's website. Any idea why that is? Also should I upgrade to their new BIOS v0802?

Thanks!!!

A:Asus Sabertooth BIOS version?

Should you upgrade? If you aren't having any problems with the BIOS now, I would not bother. You may if you wish but there is some risk involved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-sabertooth-bios-version.162273/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all Maybe one of you guys can help me out here are my specs its a new build btw Asus Sabertooth FX R MB latest bios AMD FX- CPU Corsair TX PSU XFX R Core Edition Passive GPU Kingston KHX C D K GX V x GB RAM Samsung EVO GB SSD Intel GB SSD Cpu vrm and nb are all costum watercooled with a XSPC RX rad Temps Idle cpu c to 990FX Asus boots R2.0 Sabertooth twice.... c at full load p its c my vrm idles at around c to c at p its c nb stays pretty much at c to c So cooling should Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 boots twice.... be good enough System default setting no OC Whenever I turn on my pc cold boot it boots fine NO error led warnings nor error sound warnings I enter w desktop and to sec later it reboots after that I can use my pc without issues Now im also using dual boot on a seperate ssd with Linux Ubuntu LTS the same happens when im at the desktop as with w it reboots So looking at windows event viewer is kind Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 boots twice.... of mute now since it happens with ubuntu as well and I erased the w ssd I have no clue what is going on this is what I have done so far Removed the w ssd and just use my ubuntu ssd no change Reinstalled W and nothing changed Reinstalled Ubuntu LTS and nothing changed Used Memtest for hours and nothing changed no errors I did a CMOS reset no change Updated my BIOS to the latest succesfully but no change I chose to use D O C P in order to let my ram run at its native speed - - - no change Ive removed out of ram modules to see if the problem insists which it does Should I manually set the ram timings if yes how please know im using x gb modules im not realy into OC ing the cpu only want to change the ram timings to its correct spec if needed otherwise its default setting at mhz Some say its normal that asus motherboards boot twice BUT is it normal to reboot while you already are at the w or ubuntu desktop for approx or sec Thing is after the second boot I can do whatever thing I want to no problems as of yet because this could be a sign for further more pertinent problems Some say to up the vcore a bit slightly increase the voltage but my cpu is already factory OC thats why I bought it so I wouldnt have to fiddle with the bios settings Hopefully some one can help me it seriously drives me nuts Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Greetings all. I am currently running an AMD 64 +3200 on an Asus a8v board. I am wondering what type of memory is best. (That is between 3200 & 2700, and ECC over non-ECC.) I can support upto 4 GB of 2700, and only 2 of 3200 ram.

I have heard other people having problems with the A8V in regards to the AGP settings from ATI as well.

Thanks.

A:Seeking memory advice on an ASUS A8V board

I don't use that board, but I use the K8V Deluxe with the same setup. I currently running a gig of Kingston PC3200 (2 x 512) and am thinking about adding another half-gig but currently, it's rock-solid. You may not need that much memory depending on the applications you're using. BTW, the mem I'm using is non-ECC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-memory-advice-on-an-asus-a8v-board.19090/
Relevancy 68.37%

TSG SysInfo log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC SABERTOOTH FX R Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled First time posting so ill apologize in advance for any errors Sabertooth POST r2.0 WONT Asus 990fx I had an issue a while ago with my mobo not posting It would post once in a Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 WONT POST blue moon and Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 WONT POST that would be it I RMAed it got a new one and rebuilt about a week ago worked fine until recently but now im having the issue again but a little different Before the gfx LED would light up and no post Now the CPU led will light up SOMETIMES Other times the Ram LED will light up and sometimes no LED will light up at all and it wont post I havent tested for anything yet because the problem is so similar to what happened last time Another important note is that when it eventually DOES post I can restart it with no problems Another note would also be that once im booted into Windows there arent any performance issues If i posted this incorrectly or in the wrong place correct me and it wont happen again nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All,
long story short my latest new 3tb disk from Samsung kicked the bucket during the night after only 39 hours of use. It shortly after felt the warth of my new sledge hammer .... i wonder if its RMA'able?
As I am sick to death of samsung (Seagate) disks failing I have therefore ordered the following to go into the pc listed on my profile to the left <<<<<

2 x 1tb 2.5" Hitachi Travelstar 7200rpm 32mb cache
1 x XFX p1-750-NLB9

the two 1tb hitachi travelstar 7200 disks will be the windows boot partition setup as a raid 1 each on its own 6gbps sata port.
I have ordered the XFX psu to rule out the corsair Power Supply unit being faulty, all the settings appear to be fine on the PSU.

How do i do this is it a BIOS setup or something in windows setup itself?

Thanks in advance

David

A:RAID 1 setup Asus Z77 Sabertooth windows 7

Full make and model number of your motherboard?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/raid-1-setup-asus-z77-sabertooth-windows-7-a-773834.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I am building a workstation pc designed primarily for audio editing. Anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced graphics card compatible with the Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+ motherboard?
Thanks!

A:Graphics Card for Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+

If you are doing audio editing, you dont really need a graphics card. Do you game? What is your price range? Make sure you have a dedicated audio card also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-asus-sabertooth-990fx-r2-0-atx-am3.192087/
Relevancy 68.37%

Back in early I took upon myself to build a gaming computer to fit my needs if my memory is correct Windows was the main operating system Well years have past and I've be desperately trying to resolve issues with USB dropouts I keep telling myself I'll make this work I will fix this but seeing how many mud. 990fx Asus Stuck Compatibility Sabertooth - in the years have past now and I haven't been able to even slightly resolve the issues with Windows and Windows I've also been trying to resolve Asus Sabertooth 990fx Compatibility - Stuck in the mud. an issue that happens within all the Operating systems from to I'll go ahead and talk about the main issue first that would be slow refresh rates within explorer exe and icons I even wrote some scripts to try and fix little issue But nothing seemed to work Here's the scripts I wrote Code Waynes Icon Cache Resizer vbs Code ' HasVersionInfo Yes ' Companyname Wayne Fry ' Productname Registry Icon Cache Resizer ' Filedescription Registry Icon Cache Resizer Implemented For Direct Injection Of bit DWORD Value ' Trademarks Registry Icon Cache Resizer ' Originalname Registry Icon Cache Resizer ' Productversion ' Fileversion ' Internalname Registry Icon Cache Resizer ' AdministratorManifest No ' Created by Wayne If WScript Arguments Count Then Set objShell CreateObject quot Shell Application quot objShell ShellExecute quot wscript exe quot Chr amp WScript ScriptFullName amp Chr amp quot Run quot quot runas quot Else const HKEY LOCAL MACHINE amp H strComputer quot quot Set objReg GetObject quot winmgmts impersonationLevel impersonate quot amp strComputer amp quot root default StdRegProv quot strKeyPath quot SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer quot strValueName quot Max Cached Icons quot Call Reset Sub Reset Reset MsgBox quot WAYNES MESSAGE would you like to reset the icon cache size back to default Click NO quot amp vbNewLine amp vbNewLine amp quot Yes Reset No Change Cancel Close quot VBYesNoCancel quot WAYNE reset Icon Cache Size quot If IsEmpty Reset Then WScript Quit ElseIf Reset vbYes then objReg DeleteValue HKEY LOCAL MACHINE strKeyPath strValueName Call Restart ElseIf Reset vbNo then Change MsgBox quot WAYNES MESSAGE would you like to set a custom icon cache size Click YES quot amp vbNewLine amp vbNewLine amp quot Yes Set Size No Reset Cancel Close quot VBYesNoCancel quot WAYNE change Icon Cache Size quot If IsEmpty Change Then WScript Quit ElseIf Change vbNo then Call Reset ElseIf Change vbYes then Call Input End if End if End sub Sub Input Input InputBox quot WAYNES MESSAGE enter a number for how many kilobytes you would like the icon cache size to be KB MB just type then click OK quot quot WAYNE Set Icon Cache Size quot Input Input If IsEmpty Input Then WScript Quit ElseIf Len Input Then Call Input End if verify MsgBox quot WAYNES MESSAGE is this the correct size in kilobytes Click YES quot amp vbNewLine amp vbNewLine amp Input amp quot KB MB quot VBYesNo quot WAYNE Verify Icon Cache Size quot If verify vbNo then Call Input ElseIf verify vbYes then objReg SetStringValue HKEY LOCAL MACHINE strKeyPath strValueName Input Call Restart End if End sub Sub Restart Restart MsgBox quot WAYNES MESSAGE restart WINDOWS now to apply Click YES quot VBYesNo quot If you've enjoyed this vbs scrpit be sure and tell your friends quot If Restart vbNo then MsgBox quot Please Restart computer soon to apply quot WScript Quit ElseIf Restart vbYes then WScript CreateObject quot WScript Shell quot Run quot shutdown exe -R -F -T quot End if End sub End if Code Waynes Icon Cache Rebuilder bat Code Created by Wayne Fry Code echo off set iconcache localappdata IconCache db echo MADE BY WAYNE FRY echo echo The Explorer process must be killed to delete the Icon DB echo echo Please SAVE ALL OPEN WORK before continuing echo pause echo If exist quot iconcache quot goto delID echo echo Icon DB has already been deleted echo pause exit B delID echo Attempting to delete Icon DB echo ie uinit exe -ClearIconC... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/asus-sabertooth-990fx-compatibility-stuck-in-the-mud-1090074.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all, I am new to OC. I just wanted to see what my system could do. The motherboard has a built in OC utility in BIOS. The motherboard has three settings you can click on, Energy Efficient, Normal, and OCBurner(or something of that nature). I have Open Hardware Monitor always running. My temps never go higher than 45 C. The BSOD/Lock Up is sporadic. Sometimes during gameplay, and other times just idling. Any ideas?

Here is my rig if this helps.

AMD FX-6100FX Black Edition, normal clock is 3.31Ghz, using the OC utility its 4.14Ghz

Asus Sabertooth 990FX MOBO

DDR3 PC10700 4x4 16GB Kingston RAM

Asus 660ti DirectCU II 2GB GFX

Corsair GT 240GB SSD - OS, Games.

Hitachi 1TB SATA - Storage, approximately 95% empty.
Please assist in this matter, I am pretty good at building PCs and troubleshooting, however, I am new to OC. Thanks in advance!

A:BSOD After using ASUS Sabertooth 990FX MOBO OC Utility.

From a BSOD perspective, I can say that Overclocking makes the computer unstable. If it BSODs with overclocking and stable without it, I would go with stable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304928-bsod-after-using-asus-sabertooth-990fx-mobo-oc-utility.html
Relevancy 67.51%

(I'm not sure I put this in the correct category - feel free to move it!)

I Just realized that my two and a half year old gamer computer did not have its three chassis fans connected... Now they are, and the sound change is quite... notable!

I have AI Suite II, but I can only find fan speed monitor, not control. Is there anyway I can control these fan speeds?

A:Control fan speeds ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Windows 10

Yes, page 3-24 of the motherboard manual. Enable QFan chassis control. This allows the mb to control the fan speed in relation to load.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-fan-speeds-asus-sabertooth-990fx-windows-10.1162166/
Relevancy 67.08%

Well I just got a new motherboard ram and cpu It is an Asus Crosshair with nforce sli chipset The ram is x gb ocz pc - running asus crosshair memory pc28500 and advice on ocz with motherboard cpu for Need voltage at mhz and volts and the cpu is an amd x running at and volts First of all are these temps and voltages appropriate i am really new to am Need advice for memory and cpu voltage on asus crosshair motherboard with ocz pc28500 and ddr but i havent fried it all yet Also what i find weird is that i am running windows vista ultimate bit and whenever i overclock so far in bios vista seems to adjust the settings to a certain point so everything remains semi-stable under xp if i overclocked overvoltaged too far i would get a bsod and instant reboot The reason i am running my ram at is because i got a system crash bsod due to quot memory management quot the ocz tech support team suggested i set the voltage on my ram to at least v Now this is E P P ram so in the bios i can set the option to optimal or high frequency for quot sli-ready memory quot which this ram is There is also an option for cpuoc a special sli ready memory asus nvidia thing i guess and i have it set to quot cpu-oc max quot hence the cpu voltage increase in bios my cpu heats up to around but like i said earlier when i get into vista it kind of gets more stable and settles down to around It is only at ghz if i set the option to cpu-oc max shouldnt it overclock even further i guess there is a ton of stuff i do not know about this board nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-for-memory-and-cpu-voltage-on-asus-crosshair-motherboard-with-ocz-pc28500.71589/
Relevancy 67.08%

Together with its Z170 lineup, Asus unveiled its TUF Sabertooth Z170 Symbol 1 motherboard. Asus's TUF lineup of motherboards are built to be as tough as they can. "TUF" is a play to the word "tough, " but it surely actually stands for "The Quintessential Force, " with the plan behind the boards being that they are built with the highest-quality pieces, and thoroughly tested.

To know more information click this link:

Latest Motherboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383319-asus-exhibits-glorious-tuf-sabertooth-z170-symbol-1-motherboard.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all I have new mobo Asus Sabertooth Z Mark I want to install Windows motherboard 7 install UEFI Windows Z170 ASUS 1 Mark Sabertooth Home Windows 7 UEFI install motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 in UEFI mode but I'm still not succesful Bios settings - SATA configuration - Raid - SSD disks set up in Intel RST as Raid Newest Bios update from Boot Windows 7 UEFI install motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 settings Launch CSM - Enabled Device Control - UEFI and Legacy OPROM UEFI only can be chosen as well but without any changes Boot from Storage Devices - UEFI driver first Secure Boot Windows 7 UEFI install motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 OS Type - Windows UEFI mode When I boot in UEFI mode I get to Win install through language settings then Install and then it get stuck with message quot A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB fhlash drive please insert it now Note If the Windows installation media is in the CD DVD drive you can safely remove it for this step quot I use original OEM DVD Win Home -bit that is surely good as when I boot in Legacy mode everything goes well When I also tried Win in UEFI mode everything went well and system was installed correctly As I was not succesful with DVD I expect the home edition is not suitable for install in UEFI mode but I was not succesful with Pro version either and that version contains efi boot directori with bootx efi file I did an USB flash drive from that DVD and also created UEFI bootable USB e g as is written here - UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows I can boot from Flash drive but it does the same so I ended up with the message quot A required CD DVD drive quot I did't use USB only USB ports and more of them but without any success As I mentioned Bios is the newest UEFI settings are probably correct if it was not Windows will not be installed During the message quot A required CD DVD drive quot I have a possibility to pick something from Browse but I only get this choice Computer - BOOT X - - Program Files - - sources - - Users - - Windows When I plug a Flash drive it is not recognized nor DVD Firstly I thought I need RAID drivers or other drivers but no Flash drive is able to choose in this step that Flash drive can be seen in Bios so the USB Flash drive is surely ok In Boot menu I choose quot UEFI USB Flash Drive quot before I chose UEFI HL-DT-ST as DVD-ROM Even if i choose only USB Flash Drive without UEFI in Boot menu the result is the same I also tried to download new image with built UEFI that is considered by other users as helpful but the same result Also tried original Windows Pro OEM DVD image written to USB flash drive - the same issue and also tried external DVD drive - no success Any suggestions how to solve this Will appreciate that

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/390072-windows-7-uefi-install-motherboard-asus-sabertooth-z170-mark-1-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My Motherboard reads the RAM lower than the speed it is suppose to go, when I have installed G-Skill Sniper 8GB 2x4GB 1600 Mhz. But when I manually choose it too 1600Mhz it wont boot. Also my EVGA GTX 660 SC 2GB's FPS has been dropping from like 100 - 30 in some Source games like GMOD. I have never overclocked my computer since my CPU fan can't handle the heat.

A:My Asus Sabertooth 990fx reading RAM wrong and Video card issues.

I have similar issues with an AMD rig I have (I would get BSOD), I don't think certain AMD CPU's like ram at that speed, in the end I just set it to 1333 and was done with it.

I am useless with AMD though, hopefully some AMD pro's will come on and tell you what you need to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299893-my-asus-sabertooth-990fx-reading-ram-wrong-video-card-issues.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have sabertooth x58 and 6 sticks of 2gb corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 MHz RAM 12GB (6x2GB) 8-8-8-24 model TR3X6G1600C8. I can not get 12gb to show in bios...only 8gb show up and I checked each stick one at a time....confimed that they all work....
Also I noticed that when I was checking each stick one at a time in bank a1, computer would not postwith any stick. All sticks posted fine in b1 and c1. Also when i use all 6 sticks only 8gb show up in bios, but in cpu-z it sees all memory...weird...
I can not even get it to go triple channel, when i tried 3 sticks in triple channel setup only 4gb would show
right now I have only 4 sticks running on bank b1, b2, c1, c2...running dual channel 8gb
this is the only configuration that will post.....no sticks in a1 or a2 shows up....Please help me!!!!!

A:Sabertooth x58 not detecting all 12gb of memory

Overclockers Forums - The Performance Computing Community
i4memory.com - different look at memory
These two sites have a lot of information on your problem. I have tried them all and none helped me but they might you.
Many many many people are having the same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187726-sabertooth-x58-not-detecting-all-12gb-memory.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So I should be getting a Xonar DS in a couple of days if all goes as planned (along with a 2500k + P8P67 combo), one question I have is: what driver should I be installing once I reinstall Windows 7? The latest from ASUS.com? or those Unified Xonar drivers I've been hearing so much about?

Thanks fellas.

A:ASUS Xonar DS Advice

stick with the original driver for the piece of hardware first..then start messing with the newest and latest drivers being released, sort of like the drivers for GPU's, install the one that comes with the card then start checking the new released drivers. So you know what works best and compatible with your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/139496-asus-xonar-ds-advice.html
Relevancy 49.02%

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=KVoCpY3D41ZqX6l3

Will this be a good buy for 300 dollars or 235 Euro?

Thank you!

Oh and if anyone owns this, can you please tell me how long it is? is it noticeable longer than a 8800gt which i currently own?

A:ASUS ENGTX275/2DI/896MD3 - advice

Asus does list the size of the card in the specs: The card size is 4.376 inches x 10.5 inches

Personally I'd take the newer ATI Radeon HD 5830 which should cost about the same and offer slightly better performance, supports Directx 11, and all while using less power.

Some benchmarks to look at: http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2010-gaming-graphics-charts-high-quality/benchmarks,101.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-engtx275-2di-896md3-advice.921817/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I ve suddenly got major problems with please. shorted? CPU Asus/Athlon. Advice my PC When I used it yesterday morning it worked as usual with no problems However I got home last night and tried to turn it on and there was nothing No beeps or fans whirring - nothing Here s the current spec M B Asus A N X-E CPU Athlon XP RAM MB OS Win K Pro Power supply W HDD GB Seagate I ve opened it up today and when the power cable is plugged in a green LED labelled SB PWR on the mobo lights up From this I m presuming the power supply is still working I have unplugged all peripherals CD drives HDD etc but still get nothing when I try to turn it on The only thing I haven t tried yet is taking out the PCI cards which I m going to try in a minute When I hit the power switch CPU shorted? Advice please. Asus/Athlon. one of the case fans SOMETIMES gives a little twitch The guy at the computer store reckons this is a sign that my CPU has shorted and that the system is shutting itself down before it even starts as CPU shorted? Advice please. Asus/Athlon. protection He also tells me Athlon no longer make the XP processors So my question is twofold Does the computer guy s assessment of the problem sound accurate I don t have a spare CPU so I ll have to go to the expense of buying a new one to test this idea Or could it be something much more basic which I can test before getting the credit cards out Secondly if what he says is right and I do need a new CPU what s the best option for this mobo Although the computer guy says Athlon don t make XPs anymore I see they re still for sale online Should I just get the same again or is there an upgrade I could get that will fit the board and perform better By the way I have not recently installed any new hardware into the case and I made no changes between the PC working fine yesterday morning and then doing nothing in the evening I ve never tried overclocking the system or anything like that Any help advice would be very much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I recently fried my P P X motherboard along with the P GHZ northwood processor I had cheap thermal goop Anyway I d like to replace my system with essentially the same processor but obviously need a new motherboard since they don t make P Mobo ASUS advice buying P ASUS Mobo buying advice X I don t need RAID set up I have ASUS Mobo buying advice a ASUS Mobo buying advice Thermaltake W power supply and a Sapphire ATI Radeon Pro MB video card I dont have any fancy audio cards so I m looking for a decent on board audio although it doesn t need to be anything earth shattering I d like to buy ASUS again since it was a good mobo and gave me very few if any problems I ve checked out the P P SE and hte P P -E Deluxe but I want to hear some feedback from other users as to their experiences or if there are any other companies out there that you ve had good luck with and like thanks nbsp

A:ASUS Mobo buying advice

Good motherboard as following...
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe, P4P800 Deluxe, or P4P800 SE.
MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum Edition, 865PEM3-ILS or 865PE Neo2-V

The best bet for you to find motherboard is VIA PT800/PT880 or Intel 865PE chipset for mainstreaming and gaming.

MSI Link is for socket 478= http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_list.php?kind=1&CHIP=1&NAME=Socket

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-buying-advice.20786/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi replacement on Deluxe P6T ASUS V2 Motherboard please. Advice for All After trying just about everything to sort out the regular USB failure on my ASUS P T Deluxe V Advice on replacement for ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard please. I decided it was a motherboard fault and replaced the motherboard processor and RAM to rebuild my Video Editing Suite pc running monitors as all the other components in the tower were still relevant graphics cards Blu-ray writer etc I chose an Advice on replacement for ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard please. ASUS P Z -V Pro with an i - K processor and GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM This Editing pc is now up and running perfectly but I now have an i - x Ghz processor with GB of Corsair XMS DDR MHz RAM going spare My other everyday quot General purpose quot pc -ASUS P W DH Deluxe Pentium D GB of RAM - works faultlessly but is quite old dating from October Despite this pc working faultlessly I am now thinking of rebuilding the pc around a new motherboard which will use up my now spare i - processor Intel CPU Cooler and GB RAM Ideally I would have liked to simply use a new ASUS P T Deluxe V but sadly they are no longer made I can pick up a factory reconditioned one on ebay or a regular used one on ebay but I was wondering if there is perhaps another suitable motherboard even better than the P T Deluxe V which I can buy brand new and get a full warranty of course I use Windows Ultimate edition bit on my Video Editing pc and will want to use this also on the new build I can only do bit on the current P W DH Deluxe general machine I use a couple of DVD writers and Icy Box caddies for my many HDDs There is a floppy drive but I could lose that and I am happy to use just twin monitors on the new build I have a spare NVidia Geforce graphics card My question then is should I go for a reconditioned used P T Deluxe V or a new motherboard If I go new probably my preferred route which motherboard will give me excellent performance I believe I need a socket X board but I'm sure the members here know far more about this than I do so could I please ask for your recommendations and suggestions as to my best way forward Many thanks Paolo

A:Advice on replacement for ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard please.

Hi this is one possible suggestion Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more! you can find more boards here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...-a-668661.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/advice-on-replacement-for-asus-p6t-deluxe-v2-motherboard-please-673750.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I have a asus w f notebook with a tft lcd screen over the last couple of weeks it has flickered when ive shut the lid then a few days ago the state of flickering stayed there it gets a big whitish tint across the screen starting from the middle and fading out to the sides and a rainbow effect on the left hand side of the screen the right hand side is pretty much ok I took the thing to bits and have isolated the problem to either the inverter the lcd screen the ribbon cable When i twist the screen with my fingers one finger gone mental!! Advice notebook screen lcd Asus please. on the top left pulling towards me and Asus notebook lcd screen gone mental!! Advice please. one finger on the top right pushing away from me it goes back to normal until i let go also if i pull the top left side toward me and push Asus notebook lcd screen gone mental!! Advice please. in the middle of the screen it goes normal too This gives me the idea that it is something repairable if the screen being twisted bent or skewed makes it ok again the backlight is Asus notebook lcd screen gone mental!! Advice please. fine as far as i know when i look down the back of the screen i can see the thin bright light along the bottom of the screen Please help im trying to do this on a budget so if i can fix it for free or cheaply that would be great nbsp

A:Asus notebook lcd screen gone mental!! Advice please.

Hey acid_clown,

You are not alone! I'm experiencing the exact same problem as you too! Just that mine is on the right side of the screen

Help, anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-notebook-lcd-screen-gone-mental-advice-please.884641/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I've just bought a new graphic card for my pc after the old one died Asus EN GS DDR RAM I've plugged it into MB correctly started up Vista installed the attached driver from cd and reboot After reboot my device manager showed me there's issue with the graphic card name recognized correctly reporting error code It says Pls Asus 43 - - code EN8400GS Error advice the drivers have been installed succesfully but the device doesn't work correctly and therefore has been disallowed and I just can't Asus EN8400GS - Error code 43 - Pls advice make it work whatever I try to do change re-install It just won't accept the new card and still uses the integrated Radeon Xpress series on my MB which is some probably inhouse Fujitsu Siemens's board made by Asus called ASUSTeK Computer INC M R-FVM XX My spec Fujitsu Siemes Scaleo P Vista Home bit though bit ready AMD X dual core GHz - GB RAM MB ASUSTeK Computer INC M R-FVM XX Graphics Asus EN GS DDR RAM ASUS VH H - Full HD LCD quot I know many people have been facing this very issue I googled a lot but I just didn't find any working solution on this neither on MS sites nor here or any other forums I've even find a statement from Nvidia about this issue Windows Vista Code Error in Device Manager in Systems with ATI AGP Cards and Nforce But it dates back to same as pretty much all discussions amp topics I found and I don't believe this issue hasn't been solved ever since Many thanks in advance for any suggestions I've tried delete and re-install the drivers getting new ones other ones etc nothing seems to be working Only two things I haven't tried yet is to re-install whole Vista and changing the graphics aperture size in BIOS but as I read on the mentioned discussions even that didn't help the reason is somewhere else Is there really no other option than buying another MB Thx

A:Asus EN8400GS - Error code 43 - Pls advice

Hi Olaf

Try disabling the on-board video in your BIOS and see if the box boots up into windows.
Could you post a pic of your device manager with the video adapter expanded?

Regards

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/275022-asus-en8400gs-error-code-43-pls-advice.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all!

I just went and dumped a bunch of money on 3 new computer parts,

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200

Video Cards: 2 Evga 7600GS 256mb PCIe

Mobo: A832N-SLI deluxe
So i have everything setup, bios updated, drivers installed, SLI running smooth. My only question is, other then overclocking, is there anything i should be doing in the bios to improve performance? Mainly what I am concerned with is getting the most out of my SLI configuration. I dont know much about it all, im actually surprised that I installed everything without any problems whatsoever. So any tips or tricks related to this MOBO would be swell!

I noted the PCI latency timing is a 64.. does that mean anything?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a832n-sli-deluxe-advice-needed.524257/
Relevancy 48.59%

a review all the HAB 1005 Asus advice and review EeePC asus EEE PC network know this is that I just purchased in the last two weeks I thought that you are one of the few review after using the not so a lot of things would and the machine that intel processor GHZ yours is currently GB ram it it also has a wireless and card insider multi-touch trackpad which is very nice to sleep the iPhonein the trackpad on the netbooks pro you can resize they were paging and draging it also most the full-size keyboard which allows that comfort feeling when you re a typing on the keyboard and you will see Asus EeePC 1005 HAB advice and review that backless screen is very nice it s not Asus EeePC 1005 HAB advice and review bad finish that was very nice computers it is also got the six hour battery life was really good using one of this computer for diffrent things on my show that I was in a skype machine and currently is running Windows XP Pro service pack three and of the different functionalities and able to accomplish this computer a few you looking for you is likely reduces of just under three pounds is a great little computer to be taking on trips an excellent way to go I actually have a navy blue what you can see obvious don t lack a certain way where I very rusty example a meeting blue-collar and to his very rigid details megapixel camera ice grip copier and of now we re talk about the description or the specifications of ports that are on the EEE PC and blues either unfamiliar with netbooks there are some diffrent things that you may be not aware a minute to explain that right now on the side of this the closest with your first second but he looked great here undecided we have a USB device following the Kensington lock employees be also over here we have been e g out in the power button or the uncertain power adapter over here we have the ethernet port were as well as two USB ports as well as a headphone output and microphone input also over here we have a SD card slot which I currently have the card reader so it is pretty well cell dimensions of meters battery with stands on the clamshell feature and are one thing that whit this ee PCs in of the everyone boot with flash drive or flash memory card I guess to get a high mb transfer rate for than use the devices you want to be booting off of war run many ways from that You know this palm was no CD drive and so therefore your modem your OS what they said from device ac disagreeable network I recommend anyone you see update that netbook now my only quarrel as if you going to put the ones wireless card inside your have to compile the wireless driver yourself You can live interactive community chat room where you can ask your questions you can ask different things regarding products like this and computers and cell phones anything uses digital technology to the till next time and also asus ee pc hab netbook this link nbsp

A:Asus EeePC 1005 HAB advice and review

I assume English is not your native language?
Reviews are appreciated, but this might as well be in Greek. The punctuation, grammar and organizational errors render it useless.
Have a native speaker review this and it may be very helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-eeepc-1005-hab-advice-and-review.150910/
Relevancy 48.59%

So i have been looking at using the Asus EZ Mode Auto OC but a lot of people have been saying that it might push your system to far and you will void warranty etc. So right now i am stuck at thinking of what could happen to my PC if i do this. I was wondering if someone could help me deiced if my system would be capable or withstanding this OC and run with stability.

A:Asus EZ Mode Auto OC wanting to use but need advice first

ASUS supposedly designed this so that it is safe to use even with stock cooling, but I have yet to see anyone use it and I practically live on Overclock.net. To be honest, I'm surprised that the P8H61-M LE/CSM has this option because it's not an overclocking motherboard at all. To take it further, your CPU isn't designed for overclocking, so if you used this Auto OC, then I doubt it would be able to do very much with your CPU.

I dunno... you can try it, but I recommend watching it very closely and I recommend using Real Temp to keep a close eye on temps and CPU-Z to keep a close eye on the core voltage.

Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring

Download: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...start?server=6
CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Download: CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

(SevenForums automatically named my links...)

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/295228-asus-ez-mode-auto-oc-wanting-use-but-need-advice-first.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My current specs CPU P c MOBO ASUS P P Deluxe RAM OCZ MB x Dual Channel Kit OCZ ELDC-K rated - - - slots and PC DDR HDD MAXTOR S-ATA GB w MB Cache HDD MAXTOR S-ATA GB w MB Cache I was thinking of adding the OCZ MB x Dual Channel Kit OCZ ELDC-K rated - - - slots and PC DDR Some told me it would be ok to do so since all modules are same performance type While others including OCZ themselves recommended not to mainly due to some stability my RAM P4P800 suggestions/advice on Deluxe... Need ASUS upgrading issues resulting from Need suggestions/advice upgrading RAM on my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe... having more than high performance modules installed I may end up trying all four slots as stated above and see how it goes if there is problems would probably just take out the Need suggestions/advice upgrading RAM on my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe... original kit and try to sell it leaving me with just the kit Would like some input from the experts here and hopefully learn what my best options are in terms of improving performance Cheers p s No plans for overclocking as of yet stock cooling all around nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-suggestions-advice-upgrading-ram-on-my-asus-p4p800-deluxe.18364/
Relevancy 47.3%

I had to reformat my friends PC's for him and I can't find drivers for the Ethernet controller or any of the other one's that don't come with XP install.
I need advice on were to find them I do have the resource Cd's from dell but the drives on them don't seem to work right.

A:Need driver advice for a dell 8300. and a MOBO asus p4p800

Have you gone to Dells site and downloaded the drivers from there? http://dell.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-driver-advice-for-a-dell-8300-and-a-mobo-asus-p4p800.876091/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys, I finished my build today.
CPU: i7-3770k
GPU: XFX HD 7970
MOBO: Asus P67 Sabertooth
PSU: Corsair HX750W

As soon as I had it finished I hooked up all the outside parts and nervously turned it on...
The fan turned on for about 2 seconds and then it switched off for about 4 and came on again and this repeats forever.

I've double checked all the wiring, tried running it with one stick of RAM, with and without the GPU, took off the fan.

When I turn it on the CPU led on the MOBO lights up, from what I've read online this seems to be a pretty frequent problem with this motherboard.

I'm just wondering are there any definitive solutions to the problem?
Because as it is, I don't know if I can even afford a new MOBO after all I spent on this build.

A:P67 Sabertooth CPU LED

You'll need to update your BIOS if you haven't already done so. You can probably download the latest BIOS from here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p67-sabertooth-cpu-led.190038/
Relevancy 46.01%

I want to install 16gig of ram on a Z87 Sabertooth Motherboard and have run into a problem.
I getdifferent opinions from various sites.
I want to install the maximum speed without overclocking, some say 1866mhz and some say 1600mhz.
Can anyone advise me what is correct?

A:Ram for Z87 Sabertooth

Best bet is to go with average RAM at 1600 MHz. Not any fancy gaming RAM, not any fancy performance this or that and not anything marketed as Oh WOW.

The effect of RAM speed timings and frequency differences are so little that the only way to measure is by actual RAM benchmarking. Real-world activities like encoding video/audio and things of that nature literally show the exact same results. If it takes 20 seconds to encode an mp3, it's going to take 20 seconds to encode the mp3.

Further, what I have noticed over the years is that the systems with most trouble are always the ones where people thought it well to install "performance" RAM.

Stick to the average product meant for the general public at 1600 MHz and you'll be quite happy.

All that being said, just for correctness, Newegg does show that it can use 1866 MHz: Newegg.com - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41811-ram-z87-sabertooth.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I want to upgrade my memory for my Asus A7n8x-x board. Right now it has 2 sticks of consair 256 value select 3200. I am not sure, but I want to add 512 to the last slot. I just don't know if there is certain memory it can or can't take. I see info about a single channel mode, does that mean I can only run single channel memory or can I run dual channel memory? I would be thankful for any help.
Thanks
Russ

A:Memory for Asus A7n8x-x

Here is what you need to know-memory speaking...

First, to add memory to already existing memory in your Motherboard, the memory needs to be of same size and speed. So at best, you can only add more 256 sticks at pc3200.

I would assume that your current memory sticks are what they call "Double Sided." That means that the magnetic chips are on both sides of the stick. Nothing to do with DDR or anything like that.

You need to check your user manual. I believe this board is one of those that can be finicky with memory. There should be a guide for configuring your board to use all 3 memory banks. Some banks will support Double, some will only support single.

Give you an example. My motherboard has 4 memory banks. The motherboard will number the banks. On my mother board, for me to use 4 memory sticks, I had to configure it like this:

Memory Slot 1: 512MB PC 3200 (Double-Sided)
Memory Slot 2: 512MB PC 3200 (Single-Sided)
Memory Slot 3: 512MB PC 3200 (Double-Sided)
Memory Slot 4: 512MB PC 3200 (Single-Sided)

Now-what would happen if I placed a double-sided chip in slot 2? Well, nothing really. But my MB would not read or recognize slots 3 and 4, so I would still only operate with 1 GB of Ram instead of 2.

Consult your user manual to see how you need to map out the 3 banks to be able to use them. The memory type is the same, only difference is if it has the memory chips on 1 or both sides...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-for-asus-a7n8x-x.17979/
Relevancy 45.58%

I've been trying to select memory for an Asus a8n Deluxe. I'm looking to buy 2 x 1gb chips and was looking at: TWINX2048-3200C2PT XMS3200 2x1GB 2x184DIMM CAS2. What would memory would you recommend for this motherboard?

TWINX2048-3200C2PT XMS3200 2x1GB 2x184DIMM CAS2 is costing me 172.10 inc VAT (approx $380). Is this expensive?

Thanks.

A:Memory for Asus a8n Deluxe.

Re: First post

I would use Kingston Extream and only go with 2x 512 as there will not be much demand for even that and it will still give you good room for advancement. unless you are using that motherboard in a game server you realy don't need more then a gig use the money you were going to spend on the other gig and buy the best RAM you can find it will be worth it and remeber the Kingston name is the warrentee anything ever goes wrong with the ram RTM and they will replacce it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-for-asus-a8n-deluxe.25784/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

I am putting together a new system with the ASUSN8X Deluxe board. I read that Corsair memory was best. Anyone have any comments why the brand should make a difference?

The grandchildren do a lot of gaming on my computer and I would like the memory to be more than sufficient for them:

There is DDR 333 PC2700 512 mb ram which is reasonable.

There is also Twin -X dual channel kits that are much more expensive. Is there a definite benefit in getting this?

Any advice would be most appreciated. I have been reading everything I can find, but am still at a loss as to what is more than adequate and what is overkill.

Thank you!!

Vivienne

Relevancy 45.58%

I have a computer that has two 1 gig sticks of CM2X1024-6400C4 XMS2 DDR2 duel channel memory that run great. This is all set to Auto detect so I just plugged them in and they posted. I decided to go out and buy the same two sticks so I can upgrade to vista with 4 gigs of Ram. I installed the two sticks I just got today and it did not post but gave me a long beep and I had to shut it down with the power button . I then removed 1 of the sticks and it booted up no problem and reads 3 gigs. What could be the problem? I want this system to hold the 4 gigs. I'm using Windows XP now and plan on switching to Vista 64bit tonight. Do I have to set my own timings instead of relying on autodetect? Please Help.

A:ASUS P5N-E SLI and New Corsair Memory

3 DB is a common read with WXP on that board. You may find that VISTA will read all four gigabytes. There is more explanation on the ASUS site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-e-sli-and-new-corsair-memory.105372/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello. I was reading about where Asus boards are very particular about the memory you can use . Would i be able to match this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131569
motherboard (Asus A8N5X) with this memory
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145440
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200). The specs on the Asus board is exactly like the specs of the memory, but the memory isn't on the Asus's Qualified Vendors List . Does that list mean anything, or is it stating only the memory that can be used by Asus boards? Has anyone had problems like this before? This memory is very good memory, and i think it would look awsome on this board :stickout:. haha .Thanks :angel:

A:Asus boards and memory?

Shouldn't be a problem at all. I just took a look at Corsair's site, and it has your mobo listed with MANY different types of corsair ram that they have tested.

Follow the links for your motherboard model here and have a look:
http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/configurator_search_results.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-boards-and-memory.41923/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys!

I've been away from the ASUS A7N8X scene for a while.
Could you guys help me out?

I need to know what the best (PC35000 or above) memory is for the A7N8X Deluxe motherboard.

I currently have 1 stick on 256mb OCZ PC3500 not sure if I should stick in another one or sell it and buy a different make of memory that's better...

I'm hoping to stick 2 sticks in for this dual-channel technology on this board.
I'm looking to overclock and I also need the memory to be stable.

Thanks to all replies in advance.

A:Best memory for the ASUS A7N8X

well, if you're looking for the best bang for your buck definately corsair....but I'm not sure if the 3500 sticks are on asus's qvl list.....But I know for sure the the 3200 sticks are...
Anyways, You need to make sure that what ever stick you buy is on the qvl list, because the A7N8X is VERY picky with ram...

But, If you are planning to overclock, then I stand by corsair either the twinx or just the cmx model numbers!

Here 's a link to the QVL page for the asus A7N8X...

http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7n8x/A7N8Xqvl.htm

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-memory-for-the-asus-a7n8x.6078/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Forum.

I'd like to add some more memory to my PC, I got my PC upgraded 3 years ago, and the Tech guy left in my PC my old RAM and I spotted the new ones called Mushkin silverline. So My main question are ram sticks compatible with other brands, or is it better to have the same brand used? for example I saw my Mushkin silverline are the budget price ones, but If I can go for the Mushkin redline, which is considered super duper, would it cause issues having a more advanced memory stick as opposed to the ones with less performance?

Thank you.

A:Memory RAM advice

It's always best to run RAM in kits, I certainly wouldn't pair new with your old RAM. What are your system specs and the exact specs of the new RAM? We wouldn't be able to advise on compatibility before we knew all of that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373231-memory-ram-advice.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hi
would like a bit of advice regarding memory in a gigabyte GA-7 DXR+ it has three slots for ddr 266mhz pc2100 at present I am running a 256mb 266mhz in the first slot and I have a ddr 400 mhz unit in the second which is running at
200mhz and not 266 but the computer is more efficient with this mis matched memory
The question being would three 256mb units be faster than two 256's or would two 512mbs be faster or perhaps just one of 512mb all units being the maximum 266mhz
help a commie
lol

Relevancy 45.58%

1 of 2 of the 1Gb eBuyer 800Mhz VALUE RAM sticks has gone after 5 months - its getting replaced but he wants to sell em on ebay fr 10 or so and buy a decent set

no i know crucial is ok but i had my eyes on these but a user says summit about increasing voltage (which i can)

OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC with LIFETIME WARRANTY
- 27.99 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116755/show_product_reviews

any advice?

A:Memory advice

Why not use Kingston memory.....tried and trusted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-advice.733832/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there.
I'm looking to upgarde my DDR RAM memory at the moment. Currently, I have 256MB of pc2100 Samsung RAM. I'm looking to get a 512MB module.
Now, Samsung memory is quite hard to get hold of in these specs so in another forum, I was told that it would be ok to mix manufacturers as long as the specs were the same. Is this true? I was thinking of getting some Crucial RAM cos I've heard good things about them.
If you could lend any advice, I would be very grateful.
Also, anyone know where the cheapest place is to get memory on the internet? I'm from the UK.
Thanks for reading!

Yes, you can mix. Crucial.co.uk is good and is also not all that expensive. They will also give you advice on whether the memory they supply will work with your existing memory. Give them a ring.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-advice.281284/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi everybody.

i'm putting together a PC for my little brother over christmas for him to play games on, do homework etc. nothing major but i am planning to make it a bit overclockable, just to get a bit more 'bang' for my 'buck' y'see.

the set up currently looks like this:

mobo: Asus A7N8X-X nForce2 (up to 400fsb)
cpu: AMD athlon 2500+ (barton, 333fsb)
ram: ???? (2x256mb pc2700, probably dual Geil sticks?)

What i wasn't sure about was RAM.
I know that high spec memory, like corsair etc. is more overclockable and has heatsinks on, which would be good, but it's really expensive.

Oh, and is it really worth getting twin memory sets? is the memory timing that important, so long as the make and models are the same?

thanks for your time

uh, i just noticed the difference between, say, standard Geil memory (for example) and higher spec ram is the heat spreaders, soooo, is it worth an extra 20 ($33) for copper heatsink vs. alum. and maybe 0.5 CAS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-advice.174117/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi, ive been contemplating for a while about upgrading the memory on my PC but the whole thing is confusing me!
at the moment my PC specs are:

P4 2.5GHZ
WinXP
Radeon 7500 64MB Graphics Card
512MB RAM

What is the minimum next step up from 512MB RAM I can upgrade to?
How do i know wether i need DDR or SDR?

Im so confused, can anyone help?

Relevancy 45.58%

I would like to add another 512 memory stick to my computer and I understand I should by the same type but I would like to buy a better quality stick. If I buy something a little better then my current type how would I know if my computer can fully use the memory stick? Is it even worth buy a more expenisve stick at all? Or does it actually improve my computer in any way? Though I doubt my computer wouldn't be able to handle a high end stick since my mother board sort of sucks. Right now I'm running a single 512 PC 2700 DDR 333MHZ. Thanks.

Relevancy 45.58%

I just purchased a Intel Desktop Board DG965WH, Was wondering one and all what is the best memory to put in this for the money. ($200-$350) preferably 2GB or More.
Thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,I have at the moment 4GB installed on my motherboard.its capable of taking 8GB,would it be worth installing an extra 2GB, 1x 4GB replacement for 2GB,or will it only make a slight difference for performance.Regards Martin.

64-bit OS, CPU?

It depends on if you are running a 64-bit OS that can even use the 4GB you have.

My advice is:

If your cpu is 64-bit with hardware virtualization support - plan on installing Windows 7 64-bit when available and decide based on that future.
If your mobo and cpu support it and you are using or will be using a 64-bit OS, I say load it up!

Unfortunately, prices vary wildly for 1GB vs 2GB vs 4GB sticks and getting the right fit (using what you have or ditching it) is not so simple. I am not even going to start anything about DDR2 vs. DDR3

Assuming 64-bit, I think 8GB (4X2) is the magic number for desktops and 16 GB or 32 GB for Servers. Laptops generally aren't made for more than 4GB so far (sniff!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-advice.130904/
Relevancy 45.58%

OK, here's the deal.

I want to get overclockable RAM; all the good RAM I find for 1GB is over $250. So, I'm downgrading to 512MB.

That said, with a 2.4CGhz CPU and an Asus P4P800-Deluxe, what RAM should I get under $150 if I want to OC to about ~3.1-3.2Ghz?

PS. Are Dual packs better, if I plan to upgrade to 1GB in the future?

I Have Kingston 256X2 Pc-2100. Its running at 333mhz with ThermalTake coolers just fine,,bios settings at 2,2,2,6.

thare are memory sticks out thare made to please the overclockers, PNY,ocZ.K-Byte& Viking offer good deals on what your looking for.

Good luck and remember to keep'm cool.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-advice.10341/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello Yesterday I noticed that my PC was under performing heating a bit more than before I opened the case and saw a lot of dust in the case I cleaned it but now my PC won t turn on CPU led is red and stays lit when turned on No other led is flashing I had a similar problem when CPU led was red I took CPU out blew on the socket then put it back in and it r2.0 990fx led sabertooth cpu red worked Tried that sabertooth 990fx r2.0 cpu led red now - didn t work I check other similar threads on this forum but I can t find the answer Any advice on what I can do I tried to reset CMOS but that didn t work All the power should be alright I don t know wheres the problem My specs CPU AMD FX- GPU Gigabyte Windforce gb ddr RAM Hyper X gb stick don t know exact model PSU Cooler Master G M CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Evo UPDATE Took out GPU now when I turn on the PC only VGA CARD led stays lit UPDATE Put the GPU back in after taking out battery CPU led is back up VGA not anymore By the way can t see anything in the monitor nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I was wondering if anyone has used this model of ram with the amd sabertooth 990fx r2.0? Seen lots of people using it on the intel boards and g.skill website says its compatible with those but there is no mention of amd version. Just wanted to see if it would run 2400 before I buy it. Thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231666

A:RAM for Sabertooth 990fx

veilreaper said:

I was wondering if anyone has used this model of ram with the amd sabertooth 990fx r2.0? Seen lots of people using it on the intel boards and g.skill website says its compatible with those but there is no mention of amd version. Just wanted to see if it would run 2400 before I buy it. Thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231666Click to expand...

Generally speaking G.Skill ram is very flexible and compatible with AMD and Intel systems alike in all fields that I have come across. I have not yet run into one set of ram that would not work on anything I put it into.

Now as for the 2400 ram, that would be more up to the CPU working with that frequency than anything else. But the motherboard should support it according the ram supported list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-for-sabertooth-990fx.202073/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have never tried SLI before but when I built my new computer I had two Gigabyte GTX550ti's from previous builds.
I installed them and finally got them working, not sure what I did but messed around in uefi and it worked.
Had problems with a couple of fans and ended up resetting UEFI and now I can't get them too work.
Monitor 1 is in slot 1 and is working.
Monitor 2 is in slot 2 and is not working properly.
Only one card shows in Device manager.
In Display fusion the monitor shows up (see attachment)but it is completely black.
I think the problem is that slot 2 is not running at X16 orX8.

A:Z87 Sabertooth SLI Problem

Tried another card inslot 2 and it did not work.
RMA time.
Will let you know what happens

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/330449-z87-sabertooth-sli-problem.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am building a new pc and it will have the latest amd graphics card installed. 7990 (or 7970 depending if price drops on 25th)

Two questions:

Is this motherboard Gen3? I can't figure it out: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabertooth-...d=1378118031&sr=1-1&keywords=sabertooth+990fx
I wonder because I also see this one for more money but it has declared its self gen3: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabertooth-...69&sr=1-1&keywords=sabertooth+990fx+gen3+r2.0

Should I be investing in the PCI-E Generation 3.0? I plan to have the pc for around 5 years, but if something magical happens on the 25th when AMD release new gpu's, and I go for one, will they require gen3?

A:Sabertooth 990FX - Gen 3 or no?

According to the Asus website it's only PCI-E 2.0.

If you're planning to keep your CPU/mobo for 5 years then yes, you should definitely invest in PCI-E 3.0. At the moment PCI-E 2.0 x16 won't bottleneck a top-end GPU but in 5 years that will change.

Also I think you should go with Intel (4670K or 4770K) if you really want to future proof it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sabertooth-990fx-gen-3-or-no.195985/
Relevancy 45.58%

Considering I'm still running the original, methinks it's time for an upgrade:

http://wccftech.com/asus-announces-its-tuf-sabertooth-990fx/
I'm just having a bit of a TUF time finding a release date...

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/sabertooth-990fx-r3-0.307786/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello this is my first post here so if i ve posted this in the wrong place i apologize I have a custom built pc problems Asus Deluxe P5Q memory running windows xp Asus P5Q Deluxe memory problems pro sp with an asus p q deluxe motherboard with two gig sticks of corsair xms memory mhz installed in the yellow slots This has ran fine for a couple of years but has slowed down a bit when a lot of programs are open so i bought more sticks of the same memory and installed them in the black memory slots and now the pc wont boot It will boot fine with sticks but not I have altered the voltage from to v which what it says on the sticker on the memory and the timings to that of the sticker - - - but no joy I have also removed the old memory and put in the new memory in its place and it doesnt post with the new memory The only difference i can see with the new memory is that its a different version no but would this stop it from posting Im now stuck as to what to do Does anyone have any ideas Thanks very much Pc specs asus p q deluxe Intel core duo ghz geforce gt windows xp sp soundblaster xfi xtreme music w power supply sata drives nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5q-deluxe-memory-problems.167514/
Relevancy 45.15%

I can't seem to find the list of memory brand/type that is qualify for this motherboard. I check Asus.com and could not find the list. Please help.

A:Memory Compatibility list for Asus A8N-SLI

I would say PC 3200, but I will find a link.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-compatibility-list-for-asus-a8n-sli.52200/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have x mb DDR in my system running Dual and I have added another x mb DDR Now I have a few questions if any one can answer as Im a noob to Memory etc etc As Im aware the Asus A V Deluxe has a problem when running x sticks it some how reduces its speed from DDR to DDR Deluxe... Memory Asus Configuration A8V as seen on the Asus Web site Memory Configuration Asus A8V Deluxe... Why does A V Deluxe automatically down-grade from DDR to DDR when four DIMMs of memory are plugged Click to expand Answer It is a protective function when system cannot boot up or any instable symptoms due to memory itself Please enter BIOS setting and manually adjust memory frequency to MHz Click to expand So Im unsure as to manually set my clock speed in the A V Deluxe becuase it Memory Configuration Asus A8V Deluxe... doesnt really Memory Configuration Asus A8V Deluxe... make it easy for me Ive tried reading this forum thread Here They talk about setting the command rate to T and set the RAM speed manually to fix the problem Im not sure how their is a noticable difference becuase when I run the Hl CS S Stress test I loose fps overall So I guess If I was to change the Memory clock Speeds etc etc it would improve Also The ram I have is off different Latency Latency and stick of Latency Does this make much difference knowing it runs a slower speed Thx for any help nbsp

A:Memory Configuration Asus A8V Deluxe...

If this is your mobo you have problems.Read this link and what it say's about memory time settings. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asus-a8ve-deluxe_11.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-configuration-asus-a8v-deluxe.388640/
Relevancy 45.15%

my question is this i have just put together a new PC thermaltake case the A7N8X vs MEMORY DELUXE ASUS one with all the fans in to keep it cool I m using the asua a n x deluxe MB i just burned out my week old xp CPU so thought what the ASUS A7N8X DELUXE vs MEMORY hell go to fsb and get the xp CPU sod the cost I ve got Seagate SCSI hd rpm GB ultra adaptec SCSI card gf leadtek gc memory is elixir ddr fsb I ve done the bios all sorted but when i try to load windows xp sp i get the blue screen of death ive done the Microsoft serch for the error codes point to memory or driver issues anyway i under clocked the chip to fsb and put sticks of mem fsb managed to load windows didn t seem to mind in that config done all drivers got it running OK so reset the bios to fsb ASUS A7N8X DELUXE vs MEMORY mem to fsb boot up and as soon as windows desktop came bsod so restart and all loaded ok this time ah i had to put ddr in middle slot ASUS A7N8X DELUXE vs MEMORY on MB runs OK starts shuts down ok but i have had intermittent bcod checked every where read forums after forum all seem to b down to mem so does anyone know about the same sort of probs with this board and sorted it iv got a list of recommended ram from asus but i cant find anyone to sell me it so is there other ram that u know of that works with this mb or a solution to this issue please please don t say try another mbo this is num vid cards sticks of ram CPUs different hdd ide SCSI cards the only other thig i haven t change is the Enermax power supply please helpppppp nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

My ASUS A7A266 board seems to have a problem recognizing all the memory in the two DDR slots. with 2 512 Meg DDR modules, it will sometimes find 1 gig of memory, but more often than not it finds 768 megs. It does this with several different modules. Does this seem like the motherboard?

A:ASUS A7A266 memory problems?

oddds are your ram modules are incompatible, or that one or both are bad. try each one individually and reply with what amount your system recognized.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7a266-memory-problems.28481/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
I've got an older (P4) Compaq desktop with an ASUS Piranha motherboard. It has four DIMM sockets. Looking at the board from the left, the first socket is blue, the second is black, the third is blue and the fourth is black. I'm confused with the color coding. Do I put two matched DIMM's in sockets one and two, or in one and three?
thanks

A:Memory configuration on ASUS motherboard

They run in pairs, the 2 blue ones are the first pair, the 2 black are the 2nd.

They run better in pairs...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-configuration-on-asus-motherboard.733912/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I have a Asus F5RL Laptop, by default it has 1GB memory, and I decided to do a memory upgrade.I bought a Corsair 2GB DDR2 667MHz memory.I installed the memory but the Windowd/BIOS sees only 2GB instead of 3GB.

A:Asus F5RL memory problem

hi
have a read of brinks tutorial How to Set the Maximum Memory to be Used by Windows 7 and see if this helps
Memory - Set Maximum Amount Used by Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184390-asus-f5rl-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys,

Do you know if the latest BIOS update will allow my motherboard support DDR3-type memory cards?

A:asus m2n68-am se2 memory support

NO.

DDR2 SDRAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/150466-asus-m2n68-am-se2-memory-support.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Anyone know what memory works best with Asus P5B-E mobod? Any specific brand? Also, will I notice a difference between the 667 or 800 speed?

A:Anyone know what memory works best with Asus P5B-E mobod?

Without benchmarking it you will not be able to tell the difference. Most cheaper DDR2-800 uses Promos chip, the better ones use Micron D9GMH chips. If you want to save some money some CL5 DDR2-533 will work just fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820609026
I know that works fine with that mobo, but you will need to adjust the timings and voltage to spec. It is D9GMH.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-know-what-memory-works-best-with-asus-p5b-e-mobod.67603/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there,

Can anyone give me advice on DDR memory compatibility with my ASUS P4P800S-X motherboard please?

I currently have 1 GB of PC2100 266mhz memory in my system but I want to upgrade. I can only afford a stick of 1GB Kingston DDR400 PC3200 serial number KVR400X64C3A/1G which (I hope) will work on its own in this mobo. I want to know if I could mix the 2 sorts of memory (DDR400 & 266Mhz) to give me 1.5 GB of memory. Next month i will buy another 1GB stick and replace the 512MB PC2100 so this is only a short -term problem.

Thanks for the advice.

A:Memory compatibility with ASUS Mobo

check the compatible list on ASUS site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-compatibility-with-asus-mobo.109925/
Relevancy 45.15%

IN DEC I UPGRADED MY COMPUTER USING A ASUS CUSL WOA & CUSLA ASUS MEMORY MOTHERBOARD MOTHERBOARD MHz INTEL PENTIUM III PROCESSOR AND PC MHZ MB SDRAM PIN MEMORY I HAVE BEE EXTREMELY SATISFIED WITH THE MOTHERBOARD UNTIL I PUT ANOTHER MEMORY CHIP IN IT IT THEN WOULD LOCK-UP ON A BLANK SCREEN JUST AS WINDOWS ASUS CUSLA MOTHERBOARD & MEMORY IS TO START I TRIED EACH MEMORY CHIP BY ITS SELF amp IN EACH MEMORY SOCKET THEY BOTH WORKED FINE BY THEM SELVES BUT IN NO COMBINATION OF BOTH WOULD THEY WORK I THEN PUT A MB MEMORY CHIP IN MEMORY SOCKET AND A MB MEMORY CHIP IN MEMORY SOCKET ASUS CUSLA MOTHERBOARD & MEMORY AND IT WORKED FINE I THEN ADDED A MB MEMORY CHIP IN MEMORY SOCKET AND IT LOCKS-UP AGAIN I HAVE CHECKED EACH CHIP INDIVIDUALLY AND THEY ARE ALL PC MHZ AND WORK FINE I REALLY LIKE THE BOARD IT IS THE THIRD ASUS I HAVE HAD BUT I WOULD LIKE TO RUN MB OF PC MHZ MEMORY DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS THANK YOU email protected nbsp

A:ASUS CUSLA MOTHERBOARD & MEMORY

Please don't type in all caps.

It is quite possible that the memory chips you are using are not compatible. They may have differnt speeds, which would cause a problem like this, for instance.

PC133 is still new, and some of the makers of PC133 chips aren't doing a very good job of meeting the specs that they are supposed to. Based on your problems, the motherboard is doing what it should.

So, what brands are these chips? Do they have model numbers on them?

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cusla-motherboard-memory.35063/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone,

I have an ASUS A7N8X-X with just 1GB of RAM in it (2 x 512mb PC3200). When I have tried to upgrade to 3GB which the asus website says is possible the computer doesn't boot. If I put a 1GB stick into 1 of the slots it doesn't notice that it is there. Any Ideas? I have tried different sticks of memory as this was being attempted at a computer repair and upgrade shop.

Any ideas would be great,

Thanking in advance

Jack-O-Bytes

Relevancy 45.15%

Looking for some advice on a memory upgrade. Currently I have two sticks of generic 512mb PC3200 DDR400 RAM and two empty slots.

I am thinking of geting a other two 512mb sticks.

Is it worth getting these extra sticks twinned - or would that be pointless?
Or should I go and get 1mb sticks (twinned or not??)

What would be best??

El Cap

4800+ AMD dual core processor
1024mb PC3200 DDR400 RAM
Asus 7800GTX
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
Windows XP Pro x64

A:Memory upgrade on ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

The X2 CPU's have supposedly fixed the AMD memory controller problems of earlier cores but from what I have read you will still be limited to 2T timing if you use four dual sided sticks of RAM. Two 1GB sticks is the best method but if you can live with 2T timing then just get the two 512MB sticks.

You'll probably only see the difference between 1T and 2T in benchmarks and some games. Also, most games and applications are more than satisfied with 1GB of RAM but the newer games are using more RAM than older ones and video editing is a real RAM hog. BF2 regularly hits 1.4 GB of RAM used on my system. Nice rig BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-upgrade-on-asus-a8n-sli-deluxe.33461/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi folks, I love to do video editing using adobe premiere, but as videos are recorded more often in HD even from my smartphone feels like there is not enough power anymore.

My system is Biostar Hi-Fi A85W motherboard with AMD A8-6500 and 4 GB DDR3. Now I am wondering if a memory upgrade to 8 GB would really make sense in that case? Or could it be a too slow CPU and I have to replace my current board?

I will be glad to hear your advice!

A:Advice for Memory Upgrade?

That is a newly released CPU, so it is not slow. Plus, it is a quad core. If you just do basic computing tasks, the 8GB will allow you to multitask more. Check out this site for what RAM to buy: http://goo.gl/95Yh

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-memory-upgrade.193313/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Matsonic MB MS8147C. I have two 184 pin DDR unbuffered SDRAM in slots 2 and 3. One is DDR 266, 128M and one is DDR 333 256M. I bought a new 256M, PC2700 DDR DIMM and put it in slot one. The computer would not even do the first black and white screen that shows that is is starting to boot. I think it beeped and stayed black. I took it out and all is fine. Am I doing something wrong by mixing the DDR 233 and 333? There is one of each in there now and it works fine. Any ideas?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi So I have a ASRock G m-VS R Motherboard and the computer guy who installed it for me Memory Have Need Advice with Problems Had had problems finding me memory that Have Had Problems with Memory Need Advice matched in Brazil Right now I only have gb of Smart Brazilian Brand nbsp gb rx PC - u - - Have Had Problems with Memory Need Advice -B nbsp nbsp hI went on this site called crucial that does a memory compatibility test and was wondering if I could get any of those memories from there and would work with the memory I currently have http www Have Had Problems with Memory Need Advice crucial com usa en scanview A A D C or any of these http www gearbest com gb-ddr E E -udimm- gear I m asking thise because I don t know if they are retarded here in Brazil but the guy couldn t find anything he had compatible with my memory and motherboard when I went in to upgrade it Also last note my memory is sided if that helps Thanks any help is appreciated I really need more RAM

A:Have Had Problems with Memory Need Advice

That board just takes standard DDR3 memory, currently the most common type you'll find!  I'd be a bit concerned about the guy's abilities if he can't find it!  I'm not familiar with the market in Brazil but I'd be extremely surprised if DDR3 memory was hard to find!  The RAM you have linked looks compatible to me - Just make sure when you are buying RAM that you don't accidentally buy anything that mentions being "ECC" or "Registered" as that is designed for servers and may not work in your system.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157896.0.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if this 1GB memory will work:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/64183

My mother board is

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 62-P210-001368-00101111-040201-SiS$P4S61210P4S61 BIOS P2.10
Motherboard Name ASRock P4S61

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type SiS MuTIOL
Bus Width 16-bit

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1
Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 AMR
RAM Slots 3 DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, Video, LAN
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Size 210 mm x 240 mm
Motherboard Chipset SiS661FX

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name ASRock Inc.
Product Information http://www.asrock.com/product/index.htm
BIOS Download http://www.asrock.com/support/index_BIOS.htm

Will that memory work on this motherboard?
Thanks!

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird file that is taking up 130 mb so I would like to delete it. However, I don't know what it is so I want to find out what it is before I delete it. It is memory.dmp date 7/6/2000 in the C:\WINNT folder. I think it is a memory dump file of a system crash but I am not totally sure of that. Please let me know what it is and if I can safely delete it.

Thanks,

A:{Advice Offered} - memory.dmp

This file is indedd a memory dump file crteated when the system has crashed with a blue screen of death (BSOD).

It can be safely deleted.

If you want to stop the file from being created each time the system crashes then here are the steps

Start Control Panel
Open System
Select Startup/Shutown tab

At the bottom part of this screen is where you tell NT whatto do in the event of a system crash.

Cheers

Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-memory-dmp.28994/
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought 1600Mhz DDR3 Memory for this Core-i7 860 I built... it run at 1333Mhz on the motherboard and I was told that happens with all memory above 1333Mhz and that to get the 1600Mhz speeds I would have to adjust it myself in BIOS...

I was told to set CPU:RAM to 1600 and DRAM voltage to 1.65,
I could only find memory multiplier and changed that to max of 12x which gave the 1600Mhz... and set the voltage to 1.64 (was that or 1.66)

is this correct?

BG-0 who's helping me with it isnt online just now and I would like others opinions as its an expensive PC ive built for a friend.. I dont want it blowing up lol
thanks in advance

A:memory overclock..advice please

Hi again Not 100% clear. But they sound fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-overclock-advice-please.893141/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I currently own a Gigabyte X A-UD R rev motherboard with a kit of GB x GB Upgrade Advice Memory Kingston HyperX XMS Mhz CL V a Gigabyte GTX Super OC Memory Upgrade Advice and an Intel Core i i CPU I am looking to upgrade my memory and originally I intended to get another GB kit of Kingston and plug it in Unfortunately I heard that they ceased producing triple channel Kingston memory sticks and I ve came to a halt Tried like stores in my country and they said that they don t have the requested product and not even their suppliers have it At the moment I m unsure of what to do I m currently looking at these options a buy some other brand of triple channel sticks and place them by the Kingston and hope they get along b replace the whole RAM with dual channel sticks or some other triple channel brand did they cease manufacturing triple channel memories or am I wrong I m looking to upgrade to either GB or GB of memory depending on the solution I m offered Any advice would be greatly appreciated P S I forgot to mention even though this is obvious that I m talking about DDR type of memory nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

What I have is GA-M59SLI-S5 Motherboard, and I have 2x cosair memory stick -- CM2X512A-6200 (which total of 1GB memory).. I think it acts like dual thing. I do want another 1GB ram. My question is here is should I buy 2 stick like what I have currently on my motherboard or just buy 1 stick of ram (total of 1GB) or what your advice?

Daryl.

A:Need advice on buying memory

You want dual channel if your motherboard supports it. See what the specs are for your board and get the best ram for the recommended specs, so you might want 2x512 in dual channel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-buying-memory.76845/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

I am suffering from low memory on my Amilo notebook, computer is very slow, a bit like me, (OS Vista home premium 32gb) only 1.66gb remaining, this is after I have transferred a lot of files - music, movies, photo's etc, to external hard drive and deleted them from notebook this has puzzled me,I expected more memory to be freed up. Are there any files I should NOT transfer? I have purchased a memory pack but this will only givy me 1gb of extra memory. Do you have any advice/suggestions on how I can improve memory? I do regular disc clean ups. Any help appreciated.

A:Problem with low memory, advice please.

Hi -

I believe you are speaking about hard drive space, not installed physical RAM.

Run msinfo32 and save it as an NFO file -
START | type msinfo32 | the system info viewer will appear | save it in NFO format - you'll see the default NFO file extension when you go to save the file

Zip the NFO file up and attach to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-low-memory-advice-please-463695.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My Packard Bell Easynote H5315 has 64Mb of ram and i have just bought 512Mb for it.
My question is can i use the 512 with the 64 or must i use only the 64 ?

I have removed the 64 and installed the 512 just to make sure it is recognised and works etc and it does.
There are 2 slots for memory so hopefully this can be done just to give it a little more memory.

Please advise.

Thanks very much

A:Memory advice required

Yes, you can safely run two modules of different sizes side by side in that Packard Bell system.
For best performance, put the 512MB module in slot 1 and the 64MB module in slot 2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-advice-required.1046791/
Relevancy 45.15%

Running Windows 7 with 4GB RAM. Just got 2 extra 4GB DIMMS but HP manual says that speed is 1333 MHz if no more than 2 of the 4 slots used but drops to 1066 MHz if with more than 2.

Do I go for 8GB at 1333 MHz or 12GB at 1066 MHz? Gut feel is for 12GB but I'm not sure what effect speed drop will have.

Will take the plunge and upgrade to Windows 8 shortly, so speed vs total RAM may be more of an issue?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

A:Memory Upgrade advice

You would never notice the difference in speed, and even after running specific benchmarks, you won't see much of a difference on paper. RAM timing and speed are two parts of a computer build that people spend FAR too much time worrying about and considering, when it really has very little, and no noticeable affect on actual performance. Base your memory decision on the capacity you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262833-memory-upgrade-advice.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone I would like to upgrade the memory that I have in my machine I currently have two sticks of kb and would like to upgrade to two sticks of GB memory My first question I suppose is does it have to be two sticks of GB Or could I run my machine with stick of GB I am thinking for the future no doubt a couple of years down the line I will buy a new motherboard and would like to use two sticks of GB I have an Intel Desktop Board D PESV which can only take sticks of memory so unfortunately I can t just buy more sticks of which would no doubt be cheaper I m really no good with computers so unfortunately I am not really sure where to go from here When I search the internet an unbelievable array of different types sizes brands pin Nos etc etc come up and I don t know which to choose I live in the UK so ideally I am looking for a UK based product but I don t mind buying from the US prices from over there usually end up way cheaper than here even with expensive postage prices I can get a friend over there to buy and then send be Would grateful memory on for new advice some on to me so that isn t a problem Can my motherboard use high density memory I have found a very cheap stick which I Would be grateful for some advice on new memory could buy of with the following details for including postage MB GB DDR PC Single Stick Mhz X High Density Chipset Pins Desktop Memory Unbuffered Non-ECC Non-Registered ns Would be grateful for some advice on new memory V CL If this is no good does anyone have any suggestions bearing in mine I am on a budget Thanks very much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Lenovo 3000 series N100 note book and have been looking to add more memory as I only have 512mb at the moment. I want to add another 1gb and have come across this on dabs

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4B16

According to the Lenovo website the memory for my notebook should be as follows

PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 200-pin non-parity SoDIMM 667MHz

the notebook manual says it can take a maximum of 2gb.

Just wanting a second opinion as I have never purchased memory before and I would be gratefull if someone could check to see if this memory is ok.

Thanks.

Mark

Relevancy 45.15%

I'am not sure if this is the right forum, but I have question. I get these "low virtual memory" icons poping up occationaly and the computor does run slow. Can I change the initial size and maximum size settings? It says initial size is 768 and maximum size is 1536. Can I change these numbers to increase speed and if so, to what numbers do I change each to? I'am still trying to learn all this. Thanks.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, im after some help from one of you computer wizzies.
I have 3 gig of DDR 400 memory in my pc (2 x 1g 2 x 512). I just installed a new motherboard and everything is running perfect except 1 thing:

Windows is only showing me as having 2 gig of ram instead of 3 gig, in both dxdiag and in system.
My Bios on the other hand, is showing the full 3 gig. It does not matter which way i put the memory sticks in, Windows XP is still only picking up 2 gig. This is not a visual error either as i notice the performance drop, nor are the sticks damaged as Bios is showing the full 3 gig.

Im really stuck here so if anyone knows why this may be happening, please let me know.

Thanks.

A:Memory Problem - Need Advice

May i also add - i just ran Everest and it also is showing 2 gig.
Also it showed 3 gig on windows before i switched motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-problem-need-advice-137641.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I have an HP Pavllion Media Center PC. It has 3072 RAM 640GB Hard Drive, Also AMD Phenom Quad Core Processor and OS is Vista Home Premium SP1. I want to install more memory but really dont know anything about it. I have heard you should install 2 equal memory when installing, With a Quad core processor would that mean 4? Any recommendations on type, size, brand etc.? Thankyou

A:Advice On Installing Memory Please

that is bullcrap about the matching processor amount...all you need to do is research what type of memory your motherboard can take, and how much...for example:
-My mobo can handle up to 2gb of SDRAM pc133 168 pin memory
-First start out with how much you want....I can use 1GB, easily because I know whaqt program I have running at all times, and always disable extra crap like kodak phto center and stuff like that....if you arn't really concious about how much memory you are using, I would go for 2GB, maybe 3....
-Then you have to make sure your motherboard supports this kind....(there are a few ways you can go about finding the product name of your mobo...eitehr take off the cover of your case, and look for a big printed on the board code, mine is D845HV...you can google what comes stock in a certain kind of computer...or you could search for a motherboard information program that will tell you everything that you need to know about specifying it....)
-One you know how much you want, and how much you can support, you can go about finding what kind you support...you can usually find this with how much you can support, as it will probably be in the form that I gave you in my example....
-Once you know how much, and what kind, shop around for the overall lowest price....
-High density ram is cheaper, but is very dense on the load that it carries, making it run a bit slower sometimes...also motherboards cannot always handle high density ram so check...
-Low density Ram is going to take up more room (slots), which can be vital if you have only 3 slots like me...Alot have 4+
-Vista also supports using a flash drive as Ram, although it is usually significantly slower, it can still work towards keeping a program stable (keeping your system from freezing up)
-To use a flash drive as Ram, plug it into a 2.0 usb port, wait for auto play, and at the bottom there will be an option called Readyboost, click on it, and select how much of the drive you would like to use as *Virtual ram*...This is then unaccessable for file use, but can be very helpful when running large programs all at once, or keeping those quick launch icons (the kodak and other crap) running without using up valuable system RAM
Hope this helps

BTW, if you are running 3 GB of ram, and still slow, think about going to start=>and in search type msconfig...it will bring up a utility manager, and you should go to the bootup tab, and disable all of the useless programs automatically started at startup

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162593/advice-on-installing-memory-please/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I bought separate parts that I am assembling into my own computer My case is an NZXT Phantom and my motherboard is a Sabertooth X I have been trying like crazy to put my Geforce into the PCI-X x slot but it doesn t fit into the case I am Geforce X58. help! Sabertooth Please doesn't fit 580 wondering if this is a problem that occurs often and I should take my video card back for a new one or if I am Geforce 580 doesn't fit Sabertooth X58. Please help! doing something wrong I have checked multiple times and verified that it is the correct Video Geforce 580 doesn't fit Sabertooth X58. Please help! Card slot The way it fits is that I can push the card diagonally into the slot a bit but some of the yellow pins stick out on the video card and I can t screw the card into the holster If I line up the screws so that the card fits in the holster for my Phantom case all of the video card pins only lightly rest on the motherboard slot and I can t lock the slot Did I buy the wrong video card or case Please help nbsp

A:Geforce 580 doesn't fit Sabertooth X58. Please help!

WHen assembling the Motherboard into the case did you use the correct standoffs between the case and Motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-580-doesnt-fit-sabertooth-x58-please-help.975355/
Relevancy 45.15%

Just got a new ASUS Sabertooth Z170.
When I connect everything and switch the power on it goes into standby but when I press the case power on switch nothing happens.
There is a front panel connector on the board that has a reset connector with Gnd/#/+3. Can anyone tell me if all of these pins are used. The reason I ask this is that my case connector only has a 2 pin plug on it. If all 3 are needed is there a work round I can do. ie short 2 pins etc

If it helps the pins outs are on page 1-32 of the manual.

Relevancy 44.72%

I would like to add additional memory to my Asus P4S533 mobo but not sure what kind I can add. It has 3 sockets and presently 2 of those sockets each contain one 256 DDR (PC2700) for a total of 512MB. That leaves one socket empty. I wanted to buy an additional 256 DDR (PC2700) but I am not sure if I can do that. The mobo manual has the following notation and I'm not sure what it means - "Only 4 banks of PC2700 are supported". Does this mean that the only way I can add additional memory is by replacing one of the existing 256 DDR PC2700 modules with a 512 DDR (PC2700) or can I add a third 256 DDR (PC2700) module?

Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 44.72%

I recently purchased a Asus P Z -V-Deluxe board and the only issue I have is that it only seems to ONLY accept GB memory module of my GB X kit in DIMM B location Every other DIMM slot results in an error quot memory not installed quot the memory sticks are listed in the Asus User Guide I am using Corsair Vengeance Mhz - - - I already tried updating the BIOS to the latest release and I tried resetting the CMOS Neither of these attempts changed anything I also tried a number of settings in the UEFI memory problem Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe BIOS Utility changing to XMP settings for the memory still only will accept one stick I was able to seat the memory after getting into the BIOS utility and the BIOS utility displays it in the A slot but for some reason it is not being used by the O S since the task manager Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe memory problem only shows GB Any ideas Do I need to try other settings or is this a defective MoBo nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p8z77-v-deluxe-memory-problem.1090140/
Relevancy 44.72%

Runnin windows 7 64, when I install 8gb's of ram the bios will crash and wont let me reinstall via Crashfree bios3 using usb, I'm using a RAID 0 with 2 hard drives, please help, thanks

A:ASUS M2R32-MVP - can't get into bios after installing 8gb of memory

Bad ram? Try with one RAM module at a time. And if you are overclocked reset BIOS to default before you do any testing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/333000-asus-m2r32-mvp-cant-get-into-bios-after-installing-8gb-memory.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i have a P5P43TD PRO motherboard and i want to buy a RAM with highest performance.
can i buy these?
Corsair 6GB Triple Channel DDR3 2000
or
Corsair 6GB Triple Channel DDR3 1600

moreover, does works my old RAM (2GB Geil DDR3) with this new RAM?

A:which memory types can i buy for Asus P5P43TD PRO Motherbord?

Quote: Originally Posted by mort3za

i have a P5P43TD PRO motherboard and i want to buy a RAM with highest performance.
can i buy these?
Corsair 6GB Triple Channel DDR3 2000
or
Corsair 6GB Triple Channel DDR3 1600

moreover, does works my old RAM (2GB Geil DDR3) with this new RAM?

This board is a dual channel one. You will be able to use DIMMs from a triple channel kit, but you won't get triple channel operation. (In fact, you may need to use DIMMs in matched pairs.)

If you want to be assured of compatibility, use RAM from the QVL (qualified vendors list) on the page you've linked to. The main problems with the QVL are: it tends to be out of date, and there are all sorts of compatible RAM that's not on the list because Asus didn't test it.

You may be able to mix old and new RAM, but I think that you'd usually have to set the RAM all to the same voltage, frequency, and timings, manually in the BIOS settings. You'd be limited by the slowest RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/263413-memory-types-can-i-buy-asus-p5p43td-pro-motherbord.html