Windows Support Forum

power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, for ...

Q: power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, for ...

I am looking for a power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, to use in my car. On line I have seen two - one with output of 19v 3.42A and the other with 19v 2.1 A. Which one would be best?Thanks for the help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, for ...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, for ...

Hello, As the original AC adapters are 40 or 65W, I suggest you to use the second:19x2.1=40W19x3.42=65W

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/power-cord-for-my-Acer-Aspire-E1-572-laptop-for-my-car/td-p/445488
Relevancy 85.87%

I am looking for a power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, to use in my car. On line I have seen two - one with output of 19v 3.42A  and the other with 19v 2.1 A. Which one would be best?Thanks for the help!

A:power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, for ...

Hello, As the original AC adapters are 40 or 65W, I suggest you to use the second:19x2.1=40W19x3.42=65W

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/power-cord-for-my-Acer-Aspire-E1-572-laptop-for-my-car/td-p/445488/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 83.42%

After allways working perfect my ACER Aspire WLMI suddenly does no longer start up That is to say the fan runs for a few seconds and than NOTHING No beebs no screen laptop up ACER Aspire 5683 power does not no diskdrive testing no nothing Just dead Apparently something still has invissibly started because after some time the fan will incidently blow some warm air I have tried various remedies such as - leaving it without power with the battery out for some time- taking the memory out- swapping the memory boards and putting them back in in various sequences- taking the HDD out- booting from CD but the cd does not even spin All with no luck nbsp Can anybody help me or is it just over and out And if so what could possibly be the cause given that I have shut it down in good order and were faced with the above situation at ACER Aspire 5683 laptop does not power up the next ACER Aspire 5683 laptop does not power up start-up nbsp btw nbsp ACER Aspire 5683 laptop does not power up i don't know if the location selection is correct I cannot find much more else other than is says Model BL nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/ACER-Aspire-5683-laptop-does-not-power-up/td-p/431295/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 73.1%

My girlfriend has been bedridden due to an operation. I put my laptop on the bed so she can use it when I get up and put it in the case at night. I leave the power cord plugged into the wall all night but no PC plugged into it. There is a light on all the time on the rectangular thingy on the cord. Is it bad to leave the power cord plugged in all the time? Thanks,

A:Laptop Power Cord

No, but i'd rather keep the adapter cool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358558-laptop-power-cord.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My laptop does not start up any more.

The battery might be broken, but also with/wihout inserted battery, the laptop does start when powered by the regular 220V power cable.

What does this siound like?

A great many thanks in advance.

Relevancy 72.67%

I replaced the DC jack on an Acer today with a new one. When the laptop has the battery in the power LED shows a power source(unfortunately the battery is dead). When I remove the battery and plug in the charger to the new DC jack, no LED. Hitting the power button results in a flash from the power button light and power LED for an instant but no POST or boot. I tried different chargers as I have a few universals laying around so that's not it.....What's the problem?

A:Acer Aspire 5742 no power from dc jack, replaced it, still no power

Maybe not enough power on my acer laptop the charger says the output is 19 volts 3.4 amps and it runs fine without the battery installed, When I dont have the battery installed and the charger pluged in there is no indication that the changer is indeed plugged in and also when I turn it on I usually press the button just a bit longer to turn it on

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334453-acer-aspire-5742-no-power-dc-jack-replaced-still-no-power.html
Relevancy 72.24%

We have a half dozen laptop power cords lurking around our house and it would be nice to just station some by appropriate chairs and tables for any passing laptop to plug into We have four users in our house each with his her own current laptop plus a collection of dead dying being-transferred-from brought-home-from-work laptops in various stages of functionality The actual physical connectors all seem to fit the various laptops but I m laptop power interchangeability cord not sure about the amps watts volts issue all we did in high school physics was shoot rockets into the ceiling to see if they d stick in the holes in the ceiling tiles so I m pretty ignorant in this area My latest latop not purchased by laptop power cord interchangeability choice it was the natural consequence of one too many coffee keyboard interactions has Vista and a virtually toy battery that doesn t last very long The power cord that came with it has a label that says quot V A quot How can I determine which of our other power cords work with it If I plug in the wrong power cord will my laptop blow up in my lap I don t mind experimenting but I d rather not ruin my new computer right away nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-cord-interchangeability.700610/
Relevancy 72.24%

My laptop cord power source started making this ticking sound whenever it was plugged in. After I finally found out what the ticking was, my laptop now won't turn on. The ticking sound is very strange and it is coming from the box type part on the power cord. I need help!

A:Laptop power cord failure?

HI ChaKarlMalone, and welcome to TSG.

That box type part is part is probably a power supply that converts the high voltage AC mains power to the low voltage DC power needed by your laptop. Is this the power supply that originally came with your laptop?

The ticking noise may be a circuit breaker that is tripping and resetting due to an overload. The overload may be inside the power supply or inside the laptop. The easiest way to figure that out would be to test the laptop with another known good and compatible power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-cord-failure.986141/
Relevancy 72.24%

i got xp pro sp3.. when i run my laptop on battery it doesnt overheat. but when i connect my power cord, it overheats.. i tried 2 other powercords and thats not the culprit. it there a way to make the laptop stay the same temperature as when its on battery?

A:Laptop Overheats w/ Power Cord - HELP

When on battery power, the typical power profile is set up to run the laptop at lower performance compared to mains power (to maximise battery life), which means less heat is generated.

On mains power, everything is ramped up to give maximum performance = more heat.

So check that all the ventilation slots are clear of fluff and dust build-up. If that doesn't help there may be an internal build-up of fluff.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-overheats-w-power-cord-help.1080866/
Relevancy 72.24%

Computer will turn on for a few moments via battery pack then goes into hibernate. Battery is low because AC power cord will not power laptop. I tried new cord, same issue. Took apart unit and nothing obvious like a loose or dissconnected wire / solder joint. Any suggestions? Please help if you can.
[email protected] Thanks!!

A:Please help, Sony laptop VGN A-250 won't power up from cord

http://www.fonerbooks.com/laptop_7.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-sony-laptop-vgn-a-250-wont-power-up-from-cord.78025/
Relevancy 72.24%

My laptop inexplicably stopped recognizing its power cord I have a Compaq Presario and I was just surfing the web last night when I noticed that it said I was running won't cord Laptop power recognize on battery power It never gave me an error message or did anything weird I tested the connections in all areas of the cable and AC adapter and everything was tight I changed outlets and that wasn t the problem The laptop ran out of juice as I was trying to figure out what was wrong It still flashes its lights when I try to turn it on so I know it s responsive but it s drained Today I got a new adapter and power cord but the problem persists so the problem isn t caused by a bad cord What do you think it could be I m not experienced with taking computers apart but I would like to have some ideas before I take it in for repair Oh and I got a universal power cable the kind you can use in the wall airplane and car Do those have a history of being flaky maybe I can hope anyway nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

I got this laptop for christmas, and the power cord is already having problems. If I bump it, it looses its connection. I tried wiggling it, and I noticed that when I move it a bit toward me, it looses connection, but if I move it away from me it works. I have not abused it in any way (no yanking it out, tripping over it, or twisting it). What could be the problem? This was a refurbished unit, and the warranty is only good if the unit won't turn on at all.

Relevancy 72.24%

Sorry if I am a little vague with the details, but I'm not totally computer literate...
Anyway, I was using my Toshiba laptop, it's relatively old, and all of a sudden the power cord stopped supplying power. Everything was plugged in correctly and the outlet on the wall was working. My laptops battery only lasts like 10 seconds without a power supply, so it turned off relatively soon after that, and without power will no longer turn on.
I checked to see if the cords wall plug or the box (this thing) was the problem, but they worked fine with another computer.
I was wondering if the problem could be my laptops outlet or the part that connects the cord to the computer, and if there is any way to fix it / or if the problem could be fixed by replacing the cord.
Thanks c:

A:Laptop power cord fail

I would check to see if the connector on the back of the laptop is loose. The power adapter should plug into it and not move around very much. If it does, the power connector may be broken loose from the laptop motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-cord-fail.879989/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,
I have an HP laptop, but the power cord connection has become loose somehow and it makes no connection when I plug it into the laptop. The laptop has absolutely no power and no lights. I tried several different ways to twist and turn the cord into the laptop to make some kind of connection, but it doesn't do anything. What can I do?
Thanks,
Sue

Relevancy 72.24%

So i broke my laptop cable a few months back by tripping over it and dislodging the part that plugs in the computer however i temporarily fixed it by smashing the piece back into place however recently its started to become loose and dislodge itself on occasion Now im asking where is the best place in southern ontario specifically hamilton where i can get it replaced for relatively cheap to clarify my laptop is a Toshiba satellite i got from my grandpa a couple christmases ago so i didnt buy it myself i just need to replace this one external part id use amazon but the post office where i live will not give us our mail of we get packages because we dont have government issues ID drivers licence for example also i dont have a steady income as i live at home with my mother and do not have a job which is why im asking for a cheap solution it doesnt have to be the lastest in cable technology it just has to work nbsp

A:Replacing the power cord for a laptop

If it is like many Satellites, you may be lucky. They have a standard jack so you can use any power supply that puts out 19 volts DC. Mine is 130 watts, but it wouldn't need to have that high an output to work. You may be able to find the power supply easily at a computer supply store since many laptops are 19v, but it may not have the right connector on it. You would have to pick that up at Radio Shack and attach it yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-the-power-cord-for-a-laptop.1025926/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello
I recently misplaced my AC charger for my IBM Thinkpad T20 TYPE 2647(PentiumIII 700mhz 128mb ram 60g hd XP Home svc pack 2). After pricing new ones I looked to Ebay and found MANY with different specs than what is on my machine. The ID sticker shows the power requirements as 16v 3.36a. I viewed a few chargers advertising 16v 4.5a and assume they would not fry my power supply but am not sure. Any advice you can provide would be appreciated.
Thanks, Brad

A:Replacement Laptop AC charger/power cord

They should work fine. As long as the supply is capable of providing the rated current for your machine, any excess will simply not be used. The supply will only provide the power you require, up to it's maximum capacity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-laptop-ac-charger-power-cord.496795/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi there, I suppose this issue could be seen as a need for a tweak (but apologise if I am posting in the wrong forum).

I have had this issue for a while with my Dell Studio XPS 1645 laptop.

It is a guess, but i'd say 5/10 times the power cord comes out of the laptop (for whatever reason - moving it etc) then the laptop will simply black screen and instantly restart and boot up again without an error message or any information as to why.

This doesn't make any sense to me because every time I do have the battery pack inserted into the laptop and over 30% battery life (this is when ill plug the charger in).

If anyone has any ideas, please do post that would be super.

Thanks a lot, Nick

A:Laptop restarts 50% of the time when the power cord comes out

The power cord issue could just be a red herring.

How long have you had this computer? The reason I ask is that it's quite possible the CMOS battery wants changing.

The batteries normally have a life of three to five years depending whether it is a rechargeable battery or not.

You mention inserting the laptop's battery pack. Is there any particular reason why you remove it in the first place?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/216227-laptop-restarts-50-time-when-power-cord-comes-out.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Vostro laptop just over a year old O S Windows XP Pro SP RAM gb CPU Intel Core Duo ghz A few days ago as I unplugged the power cord to move to a different room as I have done hundreds of times over the past year the laptop rebooted Thinking this power when reboots Laptop unplugged. cord was odd I let it boot completely off of the battery then plugged it in Nothing happened apart from the computer registered that it had been plugged in and was working off of AC So Laptop reboots when power cord unplugged. I unplugged the power cord again after checking to see that the batter was in fact fully charged Again it rebooted So I decided to check the Event log to see if it logged any errors The event log didn t show anything out of the ordinary for the laptop So I decided it might be a hardware issue To check I manually rebooted the laptop while it was plugged in and then unplugged it at the BIOS screen To my surprise it kept booting up So I plugged unplugged it at regular intervals partway through loading Windows the action of unplugging the cord once again caused a reboot I am clueless as to what is going on other than it must be a problem with a Windows component Does anyone know anything I can try Thank you Tyler Sweet

A:Laptop reboots when power cord unplugged.

More Info: I've played around some more, it has the same behavior when booted from a Ubuntu Live CD, but NOT when you boot from the Dell Utility CD, which asks you to unplug the adapter as part as the tests. It also did not find any errors, even when running the test seven times.
Please, Most of my day is moving my laptop between jobs and rooms, I'd really like to not have to shutdown my laptop just to move from one room to another.
-Tyler Sweet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227783/laptop-reboots-when-power-cord-unplugged/
Relevancy 71.38%

I'm not sure where to post this.  I bought it in July.
The power cord which  was original received a "we cannot determine that the power X  is part of Dell.   Or something very similar.   And the sales company sent out a new power cord. 
Now,  3 months later, I got the same comment;  except that this time, the light on the front edge began blinking yellow.  Or orange.    I  checked the cord completely and the plug-in at the wall that it uses. All is well, except that now, the light informing me it's connected no longer lights except at the very beginning of the boot process.
I read of various issues online about this and nothing was similar.
HELP!  & Thanks in advance.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994090
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L650 that is almost two years old. About a month ago the laptop started shutting off immediately after the power cord was disconnected. I have since bought two new batteries and one power cord to see if either of those items were causing the problem but it still keeps shutting off. Any suggestions? THANKS!!!

Relevancy 71.38%

I am Laptop Power Cord and Adapter Supply AC writing this from my desktop I just got a new HP Laptop Pavilion which came with a W power adapter The power Laptop AC Power Supply Cord and Adapter cord section which plugs into the adapter is shorter than the one on my older HP Laptop G - OUS Notebook I would like to have a longer power cord section or in the alternative could I should I use an extension cord to reach the wall outlet I want to use The older laptop has a w power adapter I Laptop AC Power Supply Cord and Adapter have questions - Can the power cord section from the w adapter be used in place of the one that came with the new laptop I would in effect be mixing the two because the w adapter plug is too big for the hole on the laptop - Can I get a higher power adapter for the new laptop or should I leave it alone Another question I have is regarding the use of cordless earphones to watch TV while working on the laptop When the laptop is plugged in to recharge the battery I get static noise in my left ear When on battery only there is no noise Is there a solution to this nbsp

A:Laptop AC Power Supply Cord and Adapter

#1 Yes, if the older adapter's power cord fits into the new adapter you can use it.

#2 There's no need to get a more powerful adapter, the new laptop must not need as much power as the old one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-ac-power-supply-cord-and-adapter.1137492/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Toshiba satellite a -s I ve had it for two years and this problem arose about months ago Sometimes my power cord stops working I m not sure what s going on but basically the light on the front of the laptop that indicates wether the cord is connected turns off and my laptop failure laptop Toshiba power cord goes into long-life battery mode as if I ve pulled the cord out At first jiggling or twisting the cord helped More recently I ve taken to inserting the cord at different angles until the computer recognizes the charge I tried another power cord one of those all-in-one laptop power cord converters It didn t work either but I m not sure if it was the wrong type or if the problem is with my laptop Is there something I can do to my cord that will help Is it my computer that Toshiba laptop power cord failure s not working Any info or tips are much apreciated nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

My letter to Mr Michael Dell Dear Mr Dell I realize that there is an extremely small chance of this letter ever reaching your desk and I guess that is the reason I have never written a letter of issue or complaint to a company I have little faith that it will ever make a difference However I am so extremely disappointed at the moment and I feel I must do something for my own peace of mind I am a single mom raising kids alone I have desktop computers quot hand me downs quot from friends I have been able to fix almost every single problem that has ever occured with all my desktops I have replaced fans installed hardware set up a complete wireless networking system etc I understand this may not be impressive Laptop cord issue Power Dell to you but I have had no computer classes or nor have I ever been taught anything Six months ago I made the decision to purchase a laptop I was looking for small convenient and inexpensive This would just be a luxury for me to check email and have a few files on Dell Laptop Power cord issue hand for when I go somewhere I did a lot of research and talked to several Dell Laptop Power cord issue friends My brother has HP s and loves them but he started having problems with one of them it was TWO years old I wanted a more reliable laptop LONG story short I decided on DELL I purchased the Dell service tag MFXZ on Feb It has been less than six months and a few days ago I started having problems with the Dell Laptop Power cord issue powercord The connection became loose I would jiggle the adapter prong and it would be ok Last night it completely turned off and the jiggle would not work anymore I purchased a new powercord and it did not work I spent all morning on the phone with technical support and on the computer MY HP trying to figure out what to do I find out that my warranty ran out after months I was told that the mother board needs to be replaced and that it would cost I am in total and complete shock There is NO WAY even IF I HAD the money that I would invest that much more money in a computer that I do not believe in I have not even had the laptop for months lt gt I was using the laptop to create scrapbooks for my sons baseball team I had scanned over pictures that the parents had got together for me and I was supposed to have everything ready by Thursday Needless to say I never expected this situation to happen and I am not ONLY out of a computer but I have lost weeks of work and will not be able to have the scrapbooks in time for our party The saddest part of this whole situation is I DO NOT THINK IT IS THE MOTHER BOARD gt the back connection is loose it is the CONNECTION that will not let the power get to the computer and CHARGE the battery I tried to explain this to the DELL technicians and they proceeded to tell me that they were not authorized to tell me it is the connection and that they can give me a deal of to repair the MOTHER BOARD gt I just do NOT understand this I have been reading all the comments on the dell website community boards and it appears that this is a HUGE problem and I am not the only person to ever complain I know that my situation is no less more important than anyone else but I can t remember EVER being this disappointed in a product that I have purchased And for the service help I have received I will never EVER purchase another Dell and although I have never been a trouble maker or CRUSADER I will be sure that anyone ever needing a computer and asking my advice will NOT be advised to buy a DELL thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

I was having an issue with the computer off AC if Cord Power Laptop shuts I unplugg going into SLEEP MODE without any warning for about a month I kept changing the POWER SETTINGS to a higher percentage but nothing worked I decided to download a Battery management software to see if I could get THAT problem solved nbsp It didn t I Laptop shuts off if I unplugg AC Power Cord m guessing the computer went into SLEEP MODE at around That software decided to do a Battery calibration depleting the battery and recharging it about times and there is where the Battery started to give me problems It charges up to that s it no more and the display says calculating nbsp it never gets past that From what I can tell Laptop shuts off if I unplugg AC Power Cord looking at the diagnostic that although it says that the battery is OK the th cell doesn t have a charge Could this be a Software problem I know it s farfetched but the problem started after I installed that battery management software nbsp Thanks in advance for the help nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-shuts-off-if-I-unplugg-AC-Power-Cord/td-p/5622936
Relevancy 71.38%

I have an HP/Compaq nc6320. For some wierd reason after the power cord is pluged into the laptop for a few minutes it starts to interfere with the touchpad, making it skip or sometimes not work at all. As soon as I unplug the power cord it works just fine. Is this something that can be fixed? The power cord is a replacement, but it has worked fine up until now.(I have had the new cord for about a week or so)

A:Laptop power cord interferes with the touchpad

Try updating the drivers for the touchpad.

Or get an external mouse ;-)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-cord-interferes-with-the-touchpad.640159/
Relevancy 71.38%

When i plug in the power cord to the side of the laptop the icon on the bottom right says the cords in the it also says not charging. I have a HP computer and when its charging a light comes on. But the lights not on and my battery dies even though its plugged in.

A:Solved: Power cord not charging laptop

If the cord is good the pblm should b the battery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-power-cord-not-charging-laptop.830582/
Relevancy 71.38%

just happened this morning.  accidently removed the plug from the laptop.  and the laptop shutdown.  weird because this happened before and no problems.   however, it laptop would not turn on.  only after i plug in the laptop's AC cord would the laptop power on.  i checked the battery is the the meter shows 100% charged.  in windows, it is 100% charged.  but as soon as i unplug the laptop the computer shuts down. i have windows 7 and my computer is the HP dv6t Quad Ed.  any help would be much appreicated.  

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Laptop shuts down when AC Power Cord is not plugged in but B...

Plug in the power adapter. Log into Windows and open the HP Support Assistant and run the battery test. Post your results here. If you have the newer UEFI (v 5.1 or greater) environment installed --> press the power button --> tap the Esc key to invoke the startup menu --choose F2  the System Diagnostics  --> HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI --> choose component tests --> Battery Test.   Post your results here in your thread. Best regards,erico

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-shuts-down-when-AC-Power-Cord-is-not-plugged-in-but/td-p/2640207
Relevancy 71.38%

If you can answer this you will have earned my undying admiration Well in truth you already have but still this is strange My brother power Laptop but crashes battery cord not on has a Dell Latitude C which recently started giving him the blue screen quot Laptop crashes on power cord but not battery memory dump quot crash He had the hard drive replaced because that is what the tech told him it was Still does it but he just noticed something He ran it for over three hours this morning on battery only and it was fine then he plugged in the power cord and within minutes it crashed He charged the battery and tried the same thing with the same results only quicker to crash once he plugs in the power cord It seem obvious that something is amiss here but I haven t a clue I thought the power cord charges the battery which then powers the computer Anyway this is totally unfamilar to me I have heard of power cords failing to provide a charge but this is a new one Any thoughts Thanks as always to you nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

I need a replacement power cord

A:Re: HP Laptop Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement

Hi @Deejay011,Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that you need a power cord replacement. Please check this document for the power cord replacement:HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Re-HP-Laptop-Power-Cord-Safety-Recall-and-Replacement/td-p/5733598
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello, I have a Y510P notebook and I am having some problems with it. Once I was playing on this laptop and it suddenly it turned off. The power cord would make a weird noise and it wouldn't turn on. After a while it started to work normally. It was probably a high voltage spike in my house, since we already lost a cellphone. After that I notice that the laptop would turn off, as soon as I plugged the power cord. I ordered a new power cord and battery, but this issue is still happening. Anyone has an idea? Thank you!

A:Plugging power cord turns laptop off (Y510P)

Hi Tiagoramosleite,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

You can initially start isolating the issue using the power checkout guideline (page 21). 
Try to notice anything on the DC port like bent pin , unusual appearance / marks or smell of burnt . 

Would any led status light (page30) still be lit when plugged in. 

It would be best to have it further checked for further isolation for dc in port issue against failure on the systemboard itself with nearest service center or call in technical support for further recommendation. 

Update us how it works best for you.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Plugging-power-cord-turns-laptop-off-Y510P/td-p/3347309
Relevancy 70.95%

Some power cords for HP and Compaq and mini notebook computers sold from September through June may be part of voluntary recall and replacement program launched on August nbsp The impacted power cords have the potential to overheat posing a fire and burn hazard nbsp To see if your cord may be affected look for a LS- marking molded into the connector that plugs into the AC adapter nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp If you see a LS- marking please go to nbsp http www hp com support PowerCordReplacement nbsp nbsp nbsp Please note that there are two parts needed to charge your laptop nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Cord Safety Replacement Power Laptop Recall HP and nbsp nbsp nbsp The first part is the power cord that plugs into the wall nbsp Figure nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp The second part is the adapter Figure nbsp HP Laptop Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement HP is ONLY recalling the power cord used with HP and Compaq notebooks and mini notebooks and accessories such as docking stations See Figure nbsp To qualify your power cord and request and replacement go here nbsp Since power cords for laptops are compatible you can use another power cord with your AC adapter until the replacement one arrives nbsp

A:HP Laptop Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement

None of the links shown in your post are active. I have three HP notebook cordsets with the LS-15 Marking, and I don't have any other compatable cords at the moment since these are the first IEC 60320 C-5 (Mickey) cordsets we have. All the rest are IEC 60320 C-13 cordsets which seem to be more prevalant in the USA. What is the timeframe for getting the replacement cordsets and the links working? What is specific warning signs of possible trouble with the cordset?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Laptop-Power-Cord-Safety-Recall-and-Replacement/td-p/4393930
Relevancy 70.95%

A free and DIY solution nbsp nbsp The power cord never stayed plugged in nbsp It fell out with the slightest movement of either laptop or cord nbsp Worthless because I could never rely on the laptop being either charged or charging nbsp In warranty HP replaced the jack but that had little effect and made no great laptop out cord easy Power falls often. of easily and ... This improvement nbsp Finally I found that squeezing the shaft of the power plug itself fixed the problem nbsp Apparently the plugs are made of inferior quality and guage of Power cord falls out of laptop easily and often. This easy ... metal I used the cutting blades of ordinary pliers to do it nbsp But be careful nbsp The mtal is so thin think layers of aluminum foil that it is easy to crimp too much nbsp Start out with slight pressure and test it until it firmly seats in the laptop jack nbsp When that happens it will probably be the first time it has ever seated properly nbsp Because of the inferior quality of the parts used nbsp I have to do it about once a Power cord falls out of laptop easily and often. This easy ... month now nbsp But that is much better than buying replacement power cords from HP nbsp Particularly since they will send you the same type and quality of cord

A:Power cord falls out of laptop easily and often. This easy ...

nice one dude, i was using a small piece of card before. Your fix is MUCH better.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Power-cord-falls-out-of-laptop-easily-and-often-This-easy/td-p/4903920
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys I m cord, out?! now then laptop battery, Failed power blacks hoping some of you will be able to tell me what is going on with my laptop Here s what happened- about a month ago while I was in London for a weekend I wiped Vista from my Toshiba Satellite M it s about years old and replaced it with Windows Everything was great for a couple of days then I came back to Amsterdam and plugged it in to charge and realised it wasn t charging at all I removed the battery completely and tried to turn my laptop on and it seemed to be a problem with the power cord- it was totally dead So I ran to the nearest computer store bought a new generic power cord and my laptop was back on track Or so I thought With the new power cord the battery seemed to register that it was charging but only briefly each time I plugged it in As soon as the battery drained which didn t take long as each attempt to charge it didn t go very far the laptop would switch off So I removed the battery I Failed power cord, then battery, now laptop blacks out?! have been using my laptop sans battery for a Failed power cord, then battery, now laptop blacks out?! month now which isn t a huge problem However over the last week my laptop has just completely blacked out a handful of Failed power cord, then battery, now laptop blacks out?! times The first time it happened I thought it was because I d somehow pulled the generic power cord out without noticing When it happened again I realised that my laptop really isn t happy but I have no idea why Each time I have started my laptop after a blackout it seems to be ok One time however it went into startup repair After that it was ok but things looked kind of serious there Could it be that this is all linked What are the chances that both the original power cord and battery would both die at the same time Could it be related to the installation of Vista etc One suggestion was that it might be the hard drive that is trying to pack up and take early retirement I m really very technologically-challenged Thanks a million Kate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-power-cord-then-battery-now-laptop-blacks-out.962970/
Relevancy 70.95%

I HAVE BEEN NOTICING THAT EVERYTIME I CONNECT MY PC TO THE POWER CORD THE SCREEN GOES DARK BUT LIGHTS BACK UP WHEN I DISCONNECT IT CHECKED DISPLAY SETTINGS WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/EVERTIME-I-CONNECT-MY-LAPTOP-TO-THE-POWER-CORD-THE-SCREEN/td-p/5765488
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, I've just purchased a refurbished Dell E6400 laptop a couple months ago, OS is OEM Win7 Pro. It is

working fine with no service affecting problems. There is one issue I've been unable to find a resolution for,

when using ac power the laptop powers up immediately when the power cord is plugged in. I've looked and

looked through the choices for power options, plans, etc... and haven't found anything about this particular

setting. I'd like it if when I plugged it in it would wait until I pressed the power button, I haven't found

anything indicating this is default with no option to change it, if it is I can live with it but would rather use

the power button to turn it on.

A:Laptop powers up immediately when power cord plugged in

Hi,
Not a built in windows function,
You would most likely need to go through the dell utilities to find the feature,
Where did you buy the model ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349388-laptop-powers-up-immediately-when-power-cord-plugged.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi my laptop is behaving very strangely, while on battery the screen gets brighter and immediately when I switch back to mains power the screen gets darker. It's supposed to work the other way round if anything...

My power plan is set at maximum performance with screen brightness at 100% for both battery and mains however there is a noticeable difference as described. I also tried other power plans and had the same problem. Anyone suggest a solution to this?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-gets-darker-when-power-cord-attached.744994/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have replaced the battery, but my wifi will only work if the power cord is in my computer, this is driving me crazy. When I take the power cord out, it'll work for maybe 15 minutes then it says connection is limited and boots me off while resetting the wifi, and unless I put the power cord back in, it just keeps doing this. Only to my computer, my husbands computer, xbox, my phone, no other issues, its only my computer. HELP!

A:Laptop only staying connected to wifi while power cord is in.

First of all - welcome to BC !

Can you give us a little more information please - such as make and model of your computer and confirm that you are running Win 8/8.1 as your operating system ?  The reason I ask is that I am not entirely convinced that your topic is in the best possible place for help and would like to improve your chances of getting help. At the moment i could guess at possible causes for this, but that is all they would be - guesses.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576722/laptop-only-staying-connected-to-wifi-while-power-cord-is-in/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,
I have inspiron-15 N5010 model laptop. these days I have observed that after charging the battery, when I remove the power cord the laptop gets shut down on its own. can anyone help me with the issue please.

A:My laptop gets shut down automatically when the power cord is removed

hi,
I have inspiron-15 N5010 model laptop. These days I have observed that the laptop gets shut down automatically when the power cord is removed from the laptop. The battery works fine but after charging it and removing the power cord the laptop gets shutdown. I tried removing the battery and checking for the bent connections etc. Everything is fine. Can anyone help me with the issue please. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994694
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello!  Just wondering if someone can help me find a new power cord and brick for my old laptop.  My 12 and 9 year old boys are going to be using it and I would like to get it running again.    Any help would be greatly apprecitated.  Thanks very much,  ctharry.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Power-Cord-and-brick-for-a-Gateway-Laptop-Model-No-W730-K8X/td-p/446692
Relevancy 70.09%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4009 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1812 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 182271 MB, Free - 134049 MB; D: Total - 271787 MB, Free - 109124 MB;
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., 300V3A/300V4A/300V5A/200A4B/200A5B
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

A:downloads/uploads very slow only when power cord is not plugged in laptop

Try adjusting the power settings for the network adapter to maximum performance. Everything is in the link below.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928152

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloads-uploads-very-slow-only-when-power-cord-is-not-plugged-in-laptop.1144524/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Lenovo Laptop Win 8.My laptop crashes or froze everytime I am watching a video online and only when I don't have my power cord connected. Could this just be some kind of plug-in issue or windows issue, or browser issue?

A:Laptop Crashes only when there is no power cord connected and watching videos

How old is the battery ? ?...any error messages ? ?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153785.0.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hello,i am  using hp 15-r201tx notebook since 1.5 year with intel core i3, geforce 2gb grphicscard and  windows 10.My laptop screen goes black when I plug in the power cord to charge it. If I remove the powercord from laptop the screen comes back on. It does still charge the laptop however, even though the screen goes black. so i thaught i have solution for this problem if anybody really have intrest and want to know the solution for this  problem please contact me 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-screen-goes-black-when-plugging-in-power-cord-to/td-p/5670961
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I wonder if anyone can help I have an Acer Aspire One it has a broken screen I have a replacement screen and have checked that it is the correct one for this model When I replaced the screen I have done this with other laptops the laptop would not power on - nothing happened no power light Acer Aspire won't One power on no HDD activity no fan The battery did not have much charge if any so was plugged into the mains The battery charge light was not on either I then replaced the old broken screen but did Acer Aspire One won't power on not screw everything back into place it started up with no problems However once I switched off to fix the screws facia etc I have the same issue no activity other than the first time the power switch light flickered a couple of times but no other activity The only difference I now have is that the battery charge light comes on but still no activity I do not think this is the black screen of death as that seems to occur with the powerlight on but no other activity - I do not have a light on the power Any help gratefully received Mary nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

My laptop, aspire E1-510P will not power on. A blue light will come on for a few seconds then it shuts off. What is the problem & What can I do to fix it?

A:My acer aspire E1-510 will not power on

On Acer Aspire notebooks, blue light indication has different meanings depending on whether you are using your laptop on battery or by connecting it to a power adapter. To know more, the following link can be helpful:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9674/~/how-does-the-battery-indicator-light-on-my-a... In your case, it is recommended to check if there is any issue with the battery. To do this, remove the battery from your laptop and connect the laptop directly to power adapter. If the laptop works fine now, there may be some issue with the battery. To confirm this, you can try using another battery (if possible) and see if that resolves the issue. Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-acer-aspire-E1-510-will-not-power-on/td-p/329307
Relevancy 69.23%

I have had the computer since May and all of a sudden the power cord will not plug into the computer, thus the laptop cannot charge.  I had no issues until this last weekend when I went to plug in the power cord, it just fell out.  I can't tell if somehow the receiving end inside of the computer got moved, or if the metal end of the power cord got pushed deeper into the hard rubber part of the cord.  It appears the cord cannot reach to connect.

A:Dell Inspiron 15 300 series power cord won't plug into laptop anymore

Hi Scxc1638,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Do you have another power adapter to try or to test this on another system?
please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address and a picture of the adapter port.
Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996881
Relevancy 68.8%

My Aspire One D260 netbook will not power on. I get the battery charging light and the power ligh...and a very dim wifi light. but the HDD light never turns on and I have no fan activity nor hard drive activity. I also have the light on fromt he power button too. My netbook was one fo the first to come out on the market, with the Win7 starter edition.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-One-D260-will-not-power-on/td-p/459520
Relevancy 68.8%

YERSTERDAY It WAS WORKING OK AND THIS MORNING I TURNED IT ON AND NO POWER....I BOUGHT IT SIX MONTHS AGO...PLEASE HELP.  THANKS SO MUCH.  

A:My Acer Aspire XC-703G does not power on.

I would test the power supply first. With it unplugged, remove the side panel, remove the large plug that comes from the power supply to the motherboard.Put a jumper from the green wire to the adjacent black wire.Plugit in to the wall.The power supply?s fan should start up. If it doesn?t then the power supply is dead.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-Acer-Aspire-XC-703G-does-not-power-on/td-p/430335/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Acer Aspire AX3400G slimline case and am experiencing a problem when powering up. When pressing the power button the computer begins to power up then stops. The fan is running but nothing else. If I unplug then replug the computer it will start normally. This started intermittently but now is doing it every time I turn it on. I believe I need a new power supply? The power supply is a Liteon PS 5221-9 230 max watt. Does this sound like a power supply issue? And if so could someone direct me to a good replacement PSU? I only use the computer for Email, Facebook etc. and don't require any serious power usage.

Steve

A:Acer Aspire Power supply?

Sounds like the pus,one Right here. http://www.amazon.com/DPS-220UB-A-PS-5221-9-PS-5221-06-CPB09-D220R-Emachine/sim/B009F7SXIA/2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-power-supply.1118478/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am currently helping a friend with his lap top The computer is An Acer Aspire series Model Problem Power Aspire Acer ICL I believe I have narrowed the problem down to the power system First of all while the charger is connected the charging indicator light does not come on If I press the power button while it is attached to the charger The screen will quickly flash the quot Acer quot logo then shut off once more The machine will not turn on at all without the battery attached What I want to know is if my suspicions are correct I believe the problem is the charging port Acer Aspire Power Problem Does anyone know if these particular computers are known to have this problem Is their any definitive way to test this I do not believe the problem to be the cord itself because the little green light is on and does not appear to be damaged or stressed in any way And the lap top did Acer Aspire Power Problem boot up once without a problem but shortly after logging on began to beep loudly battery low warning before shutting off nbsp

A:Acer Aspire Power Problem

Would I have to take the whole thing apart to tell?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-power-problem.940234/
Relevancy 68.8%

YERSTERDAY It WAS WORKING OK AND THIS MORNING I TURNED IT ON AND NO POWER....I BOUGHT IT SIX MONTHS AGO...PLEASE HELP.  THANKS SO MUCH.  

A:My Acer Aspire XC-703G does not power on.

I would test the power supply first. With it unplugged, remove the side panel, remove the large plug that comes from the power supply to the motherboard.Put a jumper from the green wire to the adjacent black wire.Plugit in to the wall.The power supply?s fan should start up. If it doesn?t then the power supply is dead.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-Acer-Aspire-XC-703G-does-not-power-on/m-p/430335
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all nbsp Thank you for reading this I could really use Please Will Acer power Aspire help: v5 572P up... not some help There is work I need to finish but can't Below is the problem and what I have done so far nbsp My laptop Model Acer Aspire V P was working fine today I simply closed it pull the screen down to shut it while it was on put it in a protected bag and took it home minutes Please help: Acer Aspire v5 572P Will not power up... When I opened it again I noticed it Please help: Acer Aspire v5 572P Will not power up... was off nbsp It would not power on via the power buttonI plugged it in and noticed the charger and power lights did not light up It would not turn on with the charger connected I heard something moving around inside and it appears that a screw Please help: Acer Aspire v5 572P Will not power up... inside the laptop case broke and was moving around inside the laptop while it was closed and on nbsp I'm quite sure my charger and battery are ok I've never had an issue with either The battery was at about when I closed the laptop Can anyone help me and let me know what I should do Could a screw covered in plastic cause any damage inside nbsp WHAT I HAVE DONEThus far I watched this video nbsp https www youtube com watch v Sg tUXZL nbsp I did the following - I tried the battery reset button I then plugged it in and nothing No lights No power - I removed the battery I then plugged it in Nothing No lights No power - I removed the hard drive Same thing Nothing nbsp I have a memory slot but no additional memory so I can't remove any RAM I'm quite sure my adapter is working and the batter was fine Anyone have any ideas nbsp I use my laptop for work and I would appreciate any help anyone can give me nbsp Thank you M

A:Please help: Acer Aspire v5 572P Will not power up...

if you are out of warranty, you can try to open it and look about that "noise" inside your laptop.if you are still under warranty, give Acer support service a call. you did a lot of troubleshoot so i don't have more to add.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Please-help-Acer-Aspire-v5-572P-Will-not-power-up-No-lights/td-p/425212/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.8%

Gday Techspot community I have a up will My E650 Aspire power Acer not Acer Aspire E MMX desktop computer that will not power up anymore By this i mean i get no lights at all on the front of the computer or inside the tower when it s plugged in and when i try to push the power button i get the power pak fan and the cpu fan to spin a maximum of about revolutions and then nothing The My Acer Aspire E650 will not power up only light i do see is on the back of the tower which is the network connection port green light and this only happens initally when the power at the wall is turn on Things i have tried Checked power lead checked power box fuse checked power button checked Ram blew out all dust unplugged everything and then plugged back in and checked internal CMOS battery with multi meter All of these seemed to be working ok I know only a tiny bit about computers so any help in this matter would be appreciated Cheers JC My Acer Aspire E650 will not power up nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-e650-will-not-power-up.150407/
Relevancy 68.8%

After intalling win 10 my Acer Aspire S7-392 sometimes will not turn off. Especially if my Acer has been on for a while. Also when I close the desktop lid and later open the lid, the computer will not start (black screen). I have to manually turn off by pressing power. Have anyone the same issue on their Acer Aspire S7-392? Please respond if you have a solution...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire s7 392 - power will not turn off

I FINALLY found the solution for the power-off/sleep problem; Go to Control PanelClick on DevicesUnder System Devices  find .....Intel Management Engine Interfaceclick on it, then right click to find propertiesunder Driver it will tell you which version you have.Mine was ver. 11 --- which is the culprit.I choose to roll driver back to 9.5.xxOnce I did that roll back.....I no longer have the shut down issue.Hope that works for you.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-s7-392-power-will-not-turn-off/td-p/379719
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey,
So I have an Acer Aspire 5830TG-6659 that doesnt power up. When the AC adapter is plugged in, none of the lights are lit. Warranty expired so no returns. Yes the AC adapter works, tested with multimeter and with another laptop. I'm thinking either a faulty motherboard, loose connections, or a fried motherboard... I have opened it up and cleaned it and looked for any loose connections but nada.

Any suggestions?

A:acer aspire 5830TG no power

I think your motherboard is dead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266638-acer-aspire-5830tg-no-power.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I don't if any one can help me with this problem on this forum but I am working on a Acer Aspire 6930 Laptop the owner accidentally plugged in a wrong AC adapter & it no longer powers on so what I am looking for is where can I get a electrical schematic diagram so I can trace out the faulty component so if any one can refer me to any resources where I can obtain one it would be greatly appreciated

A:No power to Acer Aspire 6930

Service manual.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/9989/Acer-6930.html?#manual
Also be sure to test the AC adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-power-to-acer-aspire-6930.1134509/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I have Power Aspire problems V3-571g Acer a question regarding my problem with charging up my laptop Acer Aspire V3-571g Power problems Well when I upgraded to Windows I didn't downloaded the newest BIOS version from the Acer site I all the time had a problem on Windows that my battery didn't charged up and when I un-plugged it from charger it instantly turned off I was thinking that my battery is dead but I was considering buying nbsp a new one a bit later So laptop offered me to download Windows I didn't downloaded from some sites or something -so I did I am using Windows for quite while and from boredom I wrote profilecfg -energy and it showed that I have k k battery charge available That was meaning that battery is still alive but something is Acer Aspire V3-571g Power problems not right I looked online for this problem and I found out that the newest bios update fixes this problem BUT the update is only available for Windows Is there any possible for me to get the newest bios update for Windows Thanks for paying attention to this post-Best regards

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-571g-Power-problems/td-p/444751/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

I bought my acer aspire one back in March of 2009. A couple days ago, the adapter started to go out on me, and when i move the cord a certain way, it disconnects and goes to battery. If i move it again, it works again.

Considering that i unplug and replug in the laptop at least once every day, is this the average life of the cord or is there something wrong with the cord itself?

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,
I'm going to be very quick and blunt. Mainly because I'm annoyed.
There was a power outage last night.
My laptop had been plugged in, but plugged into a almost industrial surge protector.
A while later I remembered to check on my laptop.
It had frozen solid, and would not shut down, even by holding down the power button.
For some reason, the laptop did not go into autohibernation upon low battery.
Now, when I tried to turn the laptop on, the computer clicks in, as it usually does.
However, the screen appears to be off completely even after I power on the computer.

Can anyone help?

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I have a question regarding my problem with charging Power Aspire problems V3-571g Acer up my laptop Well when I upgraded to Windows I didn't downloaded the newest BIOS version from the Acer site I Acer Aspire V3-571g Power problems all the time had a problem on Windows that my battery didn't charged up and when I un-plugged it from charger it instantly turned off I was thinking that my battery is dead but I was considering buying nbsp a new one a bit later So laptop Acer Aspire V3-571g Power problems offered me to download Acer Aspire V3-571g Power problems Windows I didn't downloaded from some sites or something -so I did I am using Windows for quite while and from boredom I wrote profilecfg -energy and it showed that I have k k battery charge available That was meaning that battery is still alive but something is not right I looked online for this problem and I found out that the newest bios update fixes this problem BUT the update is only available for Windows Is there any possible for me to get the newest bios update for Windows Thanks for paying attention to this post-Best regards

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-571g-Power-problems/td-p/444751
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, I am quite new to customizing desktops.I would like to swap my Acer ASPIRE XC-704's power supply, I believe it is a 65W power supply but I would like to swap it into a 600W+ psu.First off, I am having trouble locating the power supply.Is it possible to upgrade this desktop's power supply? I couldnt find any pictures of the interior on the web, however, there is a youtube video showcasing the interior.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MCzbysQq6sPlease ignore the commentator.Thank you. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-XC-704-Power-Supply-Upgrade/td-p/451435
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

MyMy Z5761 will not boot up as described in my earlier post. I have told that there are two voltage levels. The lower one powers the lights, the bigher one powers the computer. Is this correct, and if so could the loss of the higher one be the reason why it is not booting up and what can be done to remedy the situation?

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-Z5761-power-supply/td-p/460383
Relevancy 67.94%

at the moment i'm using a Nvidia Geforce 840M with 4GB 2GHz, it's an open question i know but if anyone can help me powering it up i would be gratefull

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/can-i-power-up-the-graphic-card-in-my-Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-VN7/td-p/432054/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

When I pressed the button to boot my pc nothing happened, I checked the power supply and all ok even tried an alternative power supply still no better.

However when you plug in the power supply one of the lan socket leds comes on, even though there is nothing connected to the pc apart from the power plug.

Is this a common fault with this pc, would it be some sort of short on the motherboard?

Thanks

Dave

A:Solved: Acer Aspire L5100 no power

Common? No, but hardware fails all the time. Typical cause would be the power supply or motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-l5100-no-power.1079822/
Relevancy 67.94%

Clearly something wrong with the battery on my Acer Aspire 7740 laptop. Preloaded with Windows 7, 64-bit o.s. [would love to get rid of that]. Battery, which is always fully powered, allows only 1 1/2 to 2 hrs use off power. Transformer is functioning, connection to laptop is good. I have a lousy battery, right? This product is under warranty, was purchased about 4 months ago.
Lots of problems. Have attempted to work with Acer support, but the communication is not only difficult, but virtually useless. Most of the time they can't understand the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7740-battery-gives-only-2-hr-use-off-power-506684.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Good Morning I have an issue with my acer aspire g The power will not switch Acer supply power Aspire 7720g on so I have taken the battery out to see if the laptop will power up without the battery and use the mains but that has not worked The little green light on the power pack displays as on does this indicate that it still works or has the power pack had a melt down internally The two lights on the front of the lap top keep intermittently flashing Amber There is a tiny amount of Acer Aspire 7720g power supply power in the battery and the laptop tries to boot but there isn t enough power Acer Aspire 7720g power supply to boot the OS I just Acer Aspire 7720g power supply wanted another opinion before buying some new items When this Acer dies what brand would you suggest for a replacement Dont get me wrong it s only years old but it s getting past it s time and since you can t update graphics or CPU s it s starting to feel tired Thanks for your help Dan nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I bought this laptop in September 2007, then all of a sudden it started giving trouble to power up.

The battery and the charger work perfectly in another Aspire 5100.

I have to really fiddle around with the adapter for the laptop to get AC power, and it wouldn't start up unless the charger is plug in.

Once i get AC power i could power on he laptop fine, remove the adapter from the laptop and it will operate off battery power fine, but it would not start up on battery power, even if the battery is fully charged.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks.

A:Acer Aspire 5100 power problem

Actually sounds like the power On switch is faulty not the connection to the battery or power

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5100-power-problem.95956/
Relevancy 67.08%

unit starts to power up in the normal way, optical/DVD drive operates for a few seconds and then unit powers off. no obvious reason for this. any suggestions?

oty, regards,

DH

A:Acer Aspire 5536 (MS 2265) Power Up failure

Can you hear (or see) the fan running when you power up? It could be dirty or clogged and the laptop may shut down to prevent permanent damage from inadequate cooling.

You can try removing any drives (HDD and DVD), all but 1 stick of memory (try one then the other) and see if it makes any difference. Obviously it won't boot w/o a drive, but if it stays on, that would tell us something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5536-ms-2265-power-up-failure.1047613/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all new to the forum, I have an Acer Aspire V3 731-4477. Now all of a sudden after opening the labtop for repair, the labtop wont power on unless i press a key from the keyboard. Also i have to do the same when plugin in the power cord to charge wich works fine and bayerry too, but wont charge unless i kress a key stroke, specially function of the left control key. Now i wonder if this is related to keyboard malfuctions? Thanks in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-731-4477-wont-power-on-if-i-dont-press-a-key-in/td-p/443191
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all new to the forum, I have an Acer Aspire V3 731-4477. Now all of a sudden after opening the labtop for repair, the labtop wont power on unless i press a key from the keyboard. Also i have to do the same when plugin in the power cord to charge wich works fine and bayerry too, but wont charge unless i kress a key stroke, specially function of the left control key. Now i wonder if this is related to keyboard malfuctions? Thanks in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-731-4477-wont-power-on-if-i-dont-press-a-key-in/td-p/443191/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

I have Power Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Acer Problem an Aspire E - - Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem notebook that keeps thinking it's unplugged and then Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem plugged back in With it just sitting on the table plugged in and the laptop on it will beep and the screen dims and the icon in the system tray changes to battery just like you umpugged the power cord while it's running except without touching it Then a second or two later it will beep again and the screen brightens up and the system tray icon changes back to being plugged in just like it would if you plugged it back in Sometimes it will do this constantly and sometimes it's several minutes or hours between occurences Once it thinks it's unplugged though it only takes a few seconds to think it's plugged in again I've already tried different outlets and a new power cord I'm thinking the next step is to take apart the laptop and check the dc power jack inside and the connections to it Anybody else have any ideas nbsp

A:Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem

What you are describing does not sound like normal behavior. It sounds like you have ruled out the power cord and that is good. The only two things that I can think that may cause this kind of behavior is a bad battery, the battery is fluctuating, or as you said the DC jack.

To determine that its not the battery, remove the battery and keep it plugged in and see how it reacts. If the problem disappears then it might be the battery. However, if the problem persists, please contact technical support for further assistance as it may require repair.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-E1-531-4461-Intermittent-Power-Problem/td-p/328478/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

Yesterday when i tried turing my S7 on it would not turn on. The power led kept blinking. so I connected it to ac thinking it ran out of battery but the result was same.after reading some post online i reseted the battery, it did turn on. I quickly took backup of my work since it could happen again. And today it turned out i was right. things i tried so far:resetting battery from backside.removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 secfn+f12. not working as soon as switch is pressed it starts blinkgread some post on flashing bios coundn't find the proper way for s7-392 so tried the one for s7-391. donwloaded bios. extracted it. copied to pendrive. held fn+esc then turn it on. didnt work as soon as power button is pressed led keeps blinking    

A:Acer Aspire S7-392 wont turn on blinking power led

Hello, removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 secIs the RTC battery? If no, I would try this:Remove the lower case (bottom)Disconnect the RTC battery for few secondReconnect it and try again

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S7-392-wont-turn-on-blinking-power-led/td-p/434769/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

Yesterday when i tried turing my S7 on it would not turn on. The power led kept blinking. so I connected it to ac thinking it ran out of battery but the result was same.after reading some post online i reseted the battery, it did turn on. I quickly took backup of my work since it could happen again. And today it turned out i was right. things i tried so far:resetting battery from backside.removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 secfn+f12. not working as soon as switch is pressed it starts blinkgread some post on flashing bios coundn't find the proper way for s7-392 so tried the one for s7-391. donwloaded bios. extracted it. copied to pendrive. held fn+esc then turn it on. didnt work as soon as power button is pressed led keeps blinking    

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire S7-392 wont turn on blinking power led

tried it didnt work. I have decided that its about time i put it into trash. The thing has been in and out of repair shop over 2 years. I have never had laptop that broke so easily without fault from user. Did you know First time i bought this with in 3 weeks speakers stopped working. than after 2 months whenever i turn it on it does disk check up. and into 6 months the whole thing died. it was under warranty so sent it to acer repair shop. got it back every thing worked at first. but in first week speaker stopped working again along with 1 usb port. within the 2 years i had this already spent enough for a new ultrabook. Even though my friends said acer is not a good, the thing looked so nice, so bought it anyway. I learned my lesson will never buy an acer product. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S7-392-wont-turn-on-blinking-power-led/td-p/434769
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an Acer Aspire 5745-5425 that when charger is plugged in to charge battery, laptop turns itself on, fan comes on, Bios screen loads, then it shuts right back off. Also has orange charging light on, that stays on. Unplug the battery charger and the laptop is dead in the water, Absolutely nothing. I was wondering if anyone might know what was going on with it Have even tried running just off the adapter, with the battery out. Nothing.

Relevancy 67.08%

Hello Im having a problem with my Acer Aspire All in One Z3-615 PC. Whenever I turn the computer on the light turns on and the fan runs loudly but the screen remains dark. I've been having this problem for a couple weeks now and this issue started at random. I've done research to make me believe something may have come loose inside but I may be wrong. All input would be helpful. Thank you!

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-Z3-615-Black-Screen-Power-button-lit-and-fan-running/td-p/466576
Relevancy 67.08%

I think the power switch/button on my desktop Acer Aspire X3400G is not working intermittently. The computer began not starting after pushing on the power button. It would begin to start then blue light would go out but the PSU fan would continue to run. I would unplug the power coard and plug it back in and the computer would start and run just fine. I replaced the PSU but now it is still not starting intermittently. I am looking for a new switch but can only find this one on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-Power-...ultDomain_0&hash=item20dd89eddd#ht_1000wt_900)
Does anyone know where I can get a new switch for this?

Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-ax3400g-power-switch-button.1120154/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an acer aspire v3-571gOn trying to boot up my laptop by pushing the power button, the leds light up and the fan starts ( I can hear it spin) and the laptop starts but the screen remains black and does not even light up. The screen remains pitch black without any change at all.After force-shutdown 12 to 13 times, I rebooted my laptop and the screen suddenly started working.This happened once before as well and I didn't think much of it untill it happened again. I don't understand why the screen randomly chose to black out and not respond until after several restarts. I tried removing the battery, pressing power button for about 30 seconds, rebooting, starting without battery (with power source) and nothing worked. It randomly and unexpectedly started working (just like it had stopped).

A:Pitch Black Screen on power on (Acer Aspire V3-571...

During these random black screen episodes, do you think that Windows actually loads perhaps by hearing the sound of the Windows start melody? Also, is it possible that you somehow inadvertantly toggled the display off, that is, the Fn+F5 display toggle key combo switch? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Pitch-Black-Screen-on-power-on-Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-with-leds/td-p/306964
Relevancy 67.08%

My R13 (R7-371T) DC Power Jack is loose and continues to flip-flop between charging and on battery, despite being plugged in.  This is the second time I have had this problem! The first time it was under warranty, so I sent it in to Acer who replaced it.  Warranty period is now over, but I have the problem again. I do use the laptop quite a bit, probably 10 hours per day, and in two different locations (home and office), so it gets plugged in and unplugged probably four times a day, every day.  But this in itself should not be a reason that it has this problem... Any suggestions on what to do here?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R13-R7-371T-Loose-DC-Power-jack/td-p/448234
Relevancy 67.08%

Acer Aspire 5742z won't boot when pressing power button, it is charging but hdd light doesn't turn and it just says there powered on but not booting.Thank you for your guidance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5742z-won-t-boot-when-pressing-power-button-Please/td-p/455180
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a black screen on my Acer Apire Laptop I am fairly good at fixing computer problems but this has me stumped This is what I have done so far Took off the battery and held down the power button for min then plugged the power back in without the battery and nothing happened tried this also with holding down the F and also again holding down the f button Nothing I thought it was the hard drive so I had bought a new one Black only Acer power light with Screen Aspire on and put it in and hit F and my computer started to boot up So I decided to put my old hard drive back in and by chance it came on and started to boot up also I was very happy and I used the computer for day with my power cord plugged in but when I unplugged it and went to plug it back in later and use it again it was back to the dreaded Acer Aspire Black Screen with only power light on Black screen As suggested I took my computer back apart and pulled out the both RAM memory cards and cleaned them and tried switching them in each others slot as suggested and re-booted the computer multiple times but to no avail Still nothing Another thing I notice My battery had gone bad a year ago and I bought another one and had been using it fine but it does get much much hotter than my old one as it runs So I don t know if it is shutting down over that or not I put it in the freezer for min as suggested by others and tryed turning it on again but still nothing ANY SUGGESTIONS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED nbsp

A:Acer Aspire Black Screen with only power light on

Usually computers shut off to prevent damage from overheating. i would check to see if the fans are even working or it could be that the motherboard has gone bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-black-screen-with-only-power-light-on.1123740/
Relevancy 67.08%

I bought my laptop like 1 month ago, and after update windows 8.1 Browinsg started extra slow, playing games with highest ping, While playing games i can see enemies but i cant do anything to them,After while when i opened my laptop i got black screen nothing was on only the power light were on. Somewhere say there is a unupdated BIOS...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire R7 571 Black Screen while power light ...

Hi... Try a power reset. Unplug the adapter (power cord) off the laptop, if you have connected.On the bottom side of the laptop, you will see a small reset hole with a battery symbol.Please insert a thin object like a paper clip into this hole and hold it for 5 seconds.Then plug in the adapter.Turn on the laptop check for the issue. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R7-571-Black-Screen-while-power-light-on-amp-Low/td-p/211431/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

My boyfriend s computer kept going to the black screen of death I could go to the Boot order screen but nothing else When I clicked F for BIOS settings it just went back to the black screen of death I found that generally a BIOS Acer BIOS Attempt Aspire One Power No After Flash flash will do the trick so I started following the instructions I formatted a memory stick loaded the files needed and properly named I turned the laptop off stuck the memory stick in held FN amp Acer Aspire One No Power After BIOS Flash Attempt Esc pressed the power Acer Aspire One No Power After BIOS Flash Attempt and let go of FN amp Esc I was super happy when the power button started flashing Here is where I messed up-big time I had two sets of instructions that were pretty much the exact same except one said that when the power light started flashing to push it and the other said not to I chose the wrong set-I pushed the power button and it shut off I thought maybe it would come back on in a few minutes by itself but Acer Aspire One No Power After BIOS Flash Attempt no luck So I went to start it over thinking this time to not push the power button But now it will not turn on at all When I put the battery in the battery light shows orange for half a second and then quickly fades away The same thing happens with the AC adapter Just to make sure I also tried with my own battery same model computer and AC adapter Same thing Tried the non-working computer s adapter and battery on my laptop-they worked fine I tried doing what I think is called a drain by taking the battery and adapter out of the non-working computer and holding the power down for about a minute plugging the adapter back in and pressing power Same thing happened-the orange light top left hand corner that shows that there is power being supplied showed very shortly before fading away Pressing the power button feels and acts as pointless as trying to turn a light switch on when the electricity is off I also tried another version of the drain I found-clicking the power five times while everything is unplugged and then trying Again no luck Please please please help me fix this I can not believe I pretty much destroyed a computer by pressing the power button I am heartbroken nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I have an Aspire E - - notebook that keeps thinking it's unplugged and then plugged back in With it just sitting on the table plugged in and the laptop E1-531-4461 Aspire Acer Power Problem Intermittent on it will beep and the screen dims and the icon in the system tray changes to battery just like you umpugged the power cord while it's running except without touching Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem it Then a second or two later it will beep again and the screen brightens up and the system tray icon changes back to being plugged in just like it would if you plugged it back in Sometimes it will do this constantly and sometimes it's several minutes or hours between Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem occurences Once it thinks it's unplugged though it only takes a few seconds to think it's plugged in again I've already tried different outlets and a new power cord I'm thinking the next step is to take apart the laptop and check the dc power jack inside and the connections to it Anybody else have any ideas nbsp

A:Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem

What you are describing does not sound like normal behavior. It sounds like you have ruled out the power cord and that is good. The only two things that I can think that may cause this kind of behavior is a bad battery, the battery is fluctuating, or as you said the DC jack.

To determine that its not the battery, remove the battery and keep it plugged in and see how it reacts. If the problem disappears then it might be the battery. However, if the problem persists, please contact technical support for further assistance as it may require repair.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-E1-531-4461-Intermittent-Power-Problem/td-p/328478
Relevancy 67.08%

My personal laptop has shut down several times after the power button was pressed. In some cases it powers and and boots up to the windows screen or sometimes halfway to the windows screen and shuts down.

I checked with a similar model laptop and confirmed ram, hd, battery, power pack are all working good.

I stripped laptop and cleaned cooling fan, inside cover and heat sink. I even removed the dvd drive and cpu.

After putting back every thing and retested my the fault still persists.

I am suspecting I may have a faulty mb may be caused by a short somewhere.

I really need assistance here to work around this fault to get the machine working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-shutting-down-after-few-seconds-after-power.1163327/
Relevancy 66.22%

I ve got the laptop named in the title and basically what s happening is that it will run absolutely fine when not plugged in There s not been a single issue with crashes when not plugged in Luckily it s got good battery life which helps However when it s plugged in any of the following happens - It won t turn issues Acer Power/freezing 5820T - Timeline Aspire X on - It turns on the screen does not Acer Aspire Timeline X 5820T - Power/freezing issues and almost immediately the fan raises to extremely whirry levels - It turns on and will run fine till I ask it to do something demanding like play a game I might get - - mins sometimes even more before freezing When it does freeze the fan goes very whirry again - When I turn it on if it hasn t worked normally first time I ll start it up not plugged in I ll plug it in later Sometimes within a few Acer Aspire Timeline X 5820T - Power/freezing issues seconds it ll lock up as stated before Other times it ll run fine I ve noticed a possible correlation the longer I leave it on battery power the more chance that it doesn t lock up I should state that generally if I m just browsing the internet and stuff like that it usually doesn t lock up Also I ran a disk check a few times and it seemed to single out a file called setapm exe which I ve found is something to do with power management It did something to the file and the laptop worked fine for a week no issues at all But since then it s re-occurred And subsequent diskcheck s have found nothing It is still under warranty so I can send it back if I want but I d really rather not as I kinda have need of a laptop or computer So if there s a way I can solve the problem without sending it back I d really rather try that The SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JM CP Antivirus AVG Internet Security Disabled If there s any other information which could help solve the problem I ll find it as long as I m told how Many thanks in advance nbsp