Windows Support Forum

HP Spectre Pro x360 G1 - SCCM 2012 OSD

Q: HP Spectre Pro x360 G1 - SCCM 2012 OSD

Hi, My company recently purchase seven of these units, which look very impressive but has left me in the situation of trying to modify our current SCCM 2012 Operating System Deployment TAsk Sequence to include this model.We also purchased seven ?3005pr USB 3.0" Port Replicators to facilitate connection to our network, whicxh do not allow PXE boot. I am aware of a PXE Bootable USB to Ethernet adapter (part no. XZ613AA) which would overcome this, but this then leads me to these two questions.1. Can someone point me in the direction of SCCM 2012 buil;d documentation for these units?2. If I were the have these units built using the Ethernet adapter, what problems will switching the units over to the Port Replicators cause and how can these issues be overcome? Given that each will have different MAC addresses.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Spectre Pro x360 G1 - SCCM 2012 OSD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Spectre Pro x360 G1 - SCCM 2012 OSD

Hi, Did issue got resolved, have u tried to change the replicator ? Did u got any documentation for these units,If please share me i am also facing same issues with "HP Spectre Pro x360 G2"

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-Pro-x360-G1-SCCM-2012-OSD/td-p/5361218
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all, I just purchased the Razer naga 2012 from bestbuy, but having issues. For every 2-3 minutes, the cursor freezes and the after 5-10 seconds it is back to normal. I have installed the software Synapse 2.0 and it updated it self, And it seems the firmware is automatically updated, and we cant do it manually. Dono how to fix this please...

PC : M15X

thanks,
merin

A:Razer Naga 2012 cursor freezes

I have exactly the same issue. Brand new Naga 2012, the cursor freezes for 5-10 sec at random intervals.
I have an AMD Athlon II X4 620 CPU,4GB DDR2 RAM,MSI 785GT-E63 mobo,ATI 6850 graphics card.
My OS is Windows 7 64bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-naga-2012-cursor-freezes.185402/
Relevancy 33.11%

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
GHX Card: EVGA Geforce 7900GTX
Monitor: Spectre X20G-NAGA III

I have recently started building a new omputer and I have run into a problem. The computer turns on but when I look at the monitor, an message pops up showing a picture of this: Monitor ---> X --->Tower (Basically meaning that it has no connection to the computer) I find that intresting though because I have everything plugged in and in the right slots.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Please help!

A:No Signal Message (Spectre Monitor)

Hello and welcome to Techspot!

We need to back up a bit first. Open up your case and have a look.

When the system is not turned on, there is an LED light on your board. Can you see it? What color is it? When you hit the power button, tell us EXACTLY what happens. Any fans spinning? Does the color of that light change? Any beeps from the system?

Did you connect the power connector to your graphics card?

How many watts is your PSU (and what make is it)?

Tell us some more about your ram. What size and speed are the ram? How many sticks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-message-spectre-monitor.50598/
Relevancy 29.67%

I cant seem to track down the problem. can someone help me out

Fractal Design Define R4
Rosewill TACHYON-550 550W
Intel Core i5-4430 Haswell 3.0GHz
Samsung 840 PRO 250 SSD for Server OS
HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB X5 for RAID 6
Samsung 850 PRO 250 SSD GB X2 RAID 0 for Hyper-V
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 LGA 1150
G.SKILL Sniper Series 32GB DDR3 1866
Adaptec 2274200-R 7805Kit RAID Card

A:Server 2012 R2 crashes alot

I found the issue, running memtest86 showed me 3 out 4 or my ram sticks are bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-2012-r2-crashes-alot.213342/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,

I just got thrown into a mess of a situation and I am not too certain about this issue. Guy I know ordered new server build (clean install) and wants Windows Server 2012 R2. I just got sent an invoice from the company that is doing that and they have charged him for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard - license and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard - license, a $1500.00 total. As far as I know when clean installing R2 you do not need other version, so he should be charged for R2 only. Correct?

Thanks

A:Licencing for Server 2012 R2 when doing clean install

Hello pioneerx01,

Its been almost a week since your post, hopefully you have resolved the issue.

That said, I have never encountered anything to that effect. Server 2012R2 is a standalone OS that does not require 2012. Are those links you posted the exact SKUs you were sold? Those are OEM SKUs which do have more limitations but again, R2 doesnt require 2012. Sounds like a billing mistake to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/licencing-for-server-2012-r2-when-doing-clean-install.205739/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have windows server 2012 installed on my vmware running ad, dhcp and dns.
after that I installed the client running windows 8.1.
but when I try to join the domain it says that the domain could not be found.
so I hit ipconfig in my cmd on the windows 8 and it didnt recieve any ip from my dhcp its ip address is169.254.153.23. so basicly my dhcp didnt give me any ip adress since my server is on 192.168.7.128 network subnetmask 255.255.255.192.
in the virtual machine setting I have both network adpters set on bridged: connected directly to the physical network.
when I open the dhcp on my server I have a red arrow pointing down on the ipv4 and ipv6 option but since I cannot ping my server at all I dont think its my dhcp but my vmware network.
does somebody know how to fix this?

sorry for my bad english

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-2012-on-vmware.201862/
Relevancy 28.81%

We have a server that was put in by a company that Windows Cannot Administrator? 2012 Server Update: Controlled by likely no longer exists and may not have even been a legitimate company in the first place Server came with the OS installed but we did not get any documentation on the authenticity of the Windows license nor is there a sticker on the machine seems fishy to me The server runs Windows Server It Windows Server 2012 Cannot Update: Controlled by Administrator? will not update as it says that updates are disabled and does not allow me to enable them as they are controlled by the administrator What Windows Server 2012 Cannot Update: Controlled by Administrator? s worse is that any computers joined to the domain that this server controls are also plagued by the inability to update There appears to be the following problems Phantom update server - The computers that are members of the domain try and update from some source elsewhere than the regular Windows Update servers from Microsoft The computers do not let me change update settings if they are joined to the domain They say the setting is controlled by the administrator The server will not get updates as they are disabled and does not let me enable them because they are controlled by the administrator I am the administrator so that doesn t make sense I can t seem to figure out why this is the case as I went into the group policy editor on the server and changed all the Windows Update settings I could find back to not configured I restarted the server and the workstations and still I cannot enable updates on the server nor will the workstations update properly Update Found some sneaky settings hiding in group policy that were under system instead of the other category I was looking in Now it says that the update status is download only in the server manager window that pops up at logon but if I try and go to the Windows Update settings in the control panel the window just freezes nbsp

A:Windows Server 2012 Cannot Update: Controlled by Administrator?

Really nasty -- sorry to hear of your fate.

You might check out How to disable GPOs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-server-2012-cannot-update-controlled-by-administrator.196922/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi y?all,
Lately i have been dealing with a lot of under performance of my notebook. The cause of that is of all the ads which are constantly popping up while browsing.
Therefore, I have been searching the web for tips and tricks/solutions to get a rid of these pop ups, however with no success.
So now I found this new forum page, and my question is: How can I get a rid of these pop ups and boost up my notebook (i7 processor) performance. Should I reset my laptop and restore to factory settings?
Thanks
Milton

A:Notebook spectre i7 processor running slow (ads pop up)

You are most likely infected. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and do those things and post in that section of the forum and not here please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/notebook-spectre-i7-processor-running-slow-ads-pop-up-1036625.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,..

There are suppose some pre-made groups in windows server 2012,..like guest, remote desktop users, administrator, administrators...etc...

So i want to know that how to modify "administrators" group settings to limit/disable some permissions without affecting "administrator" group !

Kindly help me.

Thanks

A:How to set permissions in windows server 2012 ?

Hi,

Which permissions/privileges in particular where you looking to remove from administrators?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379481-how-set-permissions-windows-server-2012-a.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi just so I don't destroy my setup I Like to ask if anyone else have restored their system from a from 2012?? True Image Restore backup image made by Acronis true image home plus Livecd My setup is Restore backup from True Image 2012?? the following Windows bit on HDD with the following NTFS partitions Partition Reserved for system - Bootloader partition C windows partition E Data and backup Now I have made one incremental image including Partition and MBR but not partition - and backed this up to Partition What I'm curious Restore backup from True Image 2012?? about is if True image without any problems can restore partion and MBR without destroying Partition Or if I should leave MBR out Is there any problems with drive attributtes like bootable partition I have used Norton ghost for years ever since the first Dos version and never had any problems - the problems come with Vista and up because of the bootloader partition Hope someone already have tried this and can answer my question - Please I know it should be possible but I like answers from someone already tried this or seen it done because theory is one thing and practice another With kind regards JBJ

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/377488-restore-backup-true-image-2012-a.html
Relevancy 28.38%

My operating system is windows 7 ultimate and I am trying to install visual studio express 2012 for web but there is error occured during installation, Error is:- microsoft.net framework 4.5 Fatal error during installation. microsoft visual C++ 2012 x64 debug runtime-11.0.50727 User cancelled installation. how to solve this error??

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/378426-unable-install-visual-studio-express-2012-web-error-occured.html
Relevancy 28.81%

About to do a complete wipe of my hard drive and reinstall Windows 7. My concern is being certain that I have Windows Live Mail 2012 backed up. I have five different accounts running through WLM and it is critical I don't lose any emails sent or received.
I took a look at the tutorials and played around but I must be doing something wrong. For example, when I trying exporting and then importing some test messages I wasn't able to find them. The storage folders, where I think the test emails should have been imported, were empty. Tried a few times and always the same result.
Now I'm thinking it might be easier if I just back up all the folders in the Windows Live Mail folder on the C drive. Is this a viable and fool proof way of saving all emails and then being able to restore them?

A:Windows Live Mail 2012 Backup Questions

If the accounts are IMAP, the mail will be retained on the remote server no matter what you do with your local client (except for deleting mail from within the client, which will delete it remotely as well). POP is another story, because once downloaded it usually, though not always, is gone from the remote.

I don't see why you couldn't back up the entire WLM folder, which is probably in c:\users\<user name>\appdata\local....

In fact, when I do a reinstall, I always do a file back up of most of the appdata folder. It invariably comes in very handy.

Another way for an independent mail backup, POP or IMAP, is to use MailStore, which is free for private use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/378399-windows-live-mail-2012-backup-questions.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I get that whenever I access my mail - Comcast.net mail, Peak.org mail and my Microsoft mail. I also cannot permanently delete files from the deleted mail folder. I get an error whenever I try to clean out these folders. I did a Windows Live Essentials 2012 repair, but that did not correct this. I ran C Cleaner and that did not do anything to correct this. This problem in only this desktop - WLM works on the other desktop okay. I am running Windows 7 x64. (I declined to keep Windows 10)

A:Windows Live 2012 - Recovering the database

Just to update : the deleted files on the Peak.org mail folders can be deleted. It is only Comcast mail with this problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-2012-recovering-the-database.1152859/
Relevancy 28.38%

It seems to me that the only way I can access my Hotmail account with Windows is by using Windows Live Mail I set up the Outlook com account and that works fine but the Hotmail account does not send or receive emails I get logon messages asking for my password all the time I tried to set up the Hotmail account using the same WLM settings as on my desktop computer with Win but the categories Hotmail work Mail account Solved: Live with my to Can't get 2012. Windows are not the same for Win and the info cannot be entered I have tried to follow the suggestions that I have seen Solved: Can't get my Hotmail account to work with Windows Live Mail 2012. in other threads but they haven t helped Right now I have the following settings for my Hotmail My ID is my Hotmail address along with my password that I use the incoming server is POP the server field is pop live com with SSL checked and port the outgoing server is smtp live com with port with the SSL box checked My desktop computer WLM is set up as follows the ID s etc are my Hotmail addresses and passwords but there is a server URL http mail services live com DeltaSync v sync aspx url instead of outgoing and incoming servers etc There is no Advanced tab here as in Win I hope my explanation is not too confusing Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Can't get my Hotmail account to work with Windows Live Mail 2012.

with pop it will depend ifyou are leaving the email on the server

if you log into your hotmail account are the emails there

Why not allow hotmail to automatically setup
it works OK on WLM 12 on 8.1 I have set up quite a few hotmail/outlook accounts

Also it works with the mail app as well

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-my-hotmail-account-to-work-with-windows-live-mail-2012.1151019/
Relevancy 29.24%

ATTN MSN Messenger is now Windows Live Messenger Changes are in progress with MSN Check out the whole new Windows Live Messenger This is the Live com main site http get live com also you can try this main Newsgroup site for the new Nov (Updated contacts, problems, 2012) MSN etc for Help connectivity, Live Messenger stuff coming out gt http messengersays spaces live com that newsgroup is made by the creators of Windows Live features And this (Updated Nov 2012) Help for MSN problems, connectivity, contacts, etc Windows Live Ideas Homepage Windows Live Messenger help links etc The Live Messenger Newsgroup- great place for tips help to see what you can do or try out these are mainly Beta programs at this time so make sure you use any on a machine you have well backed up or can spare Newer versions will be released users will need to look for settings to get notifications I m just going to leave this post as it is rather than try to update it In checking out the things at the main Live com site I like the quality of the graphics it s at least fairly interesting eye candy Check the tutorial videos for all the new features QnA (Updated Nov 2012) Help for MSN problems, connectivity, contacts, etc Live where you can ask questions about computers etc and get quick answers I haven t tried it out yet Windows Live Messenger should NOT be confused with the old networking utility (Updated Nov 2012) Help for MSN problems, connectivity, contacts, etc Windows Messenger gt which will still also be around far as I know http windowslivehelp com product aspx productid amp version Here s a place that has info about MSN changes note that it also has MessengerPlus items they are different than the regular MSN Messenger or new Windows Live Messenger programs See this thread for information on Who s Blocking Me MSN Blockchecker can be more than just what it says http forums techguy org security -msn-block-checker html The old MSN Chat is going away gt October th MSN Chat will no longer work For those using MSN Messenger edited today For now the links below here are working but I am not sure they will in the future please Private message me if you spot any that quit working There are so many threads about help with MSN Messenger I thought a nice idea would be to sticky a post about fixing Messenger and links to general Help with a Troubleshooter to run through Try it before you post in the forums Messenger FAQs are here gt http www mess be msnmessengerfaq Main page for downloads add-ons Help etc Just be sure you are using directions for YOUR version of Messenger Here also Help with MSN Messenger and below http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb en-us Troubleshoot Messenger Here There is also E-mail support form there-- you can fill out and hope for a reply See this also if you are seeing error number http spaces msn com members MessengerSays Posted by Daniel We are trying to collect additional info from users receiving the error code when they try to sign in If you are using MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger and you get this error please send an email to email protected We amp ll help you sign in and you ll be helping us make Messenger Better Click to expand Stuff just above is for only those getting that specific error number all other questions will probably not get any help for general Messenger use the first or second link above nbsp

A:(Updated Nov 2012) Help for MSN problems, connectivity, contacts, etc

Good idea. Ive had a problem with mine, and it acts more like a timewaster.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updated-nov-2012-help-for-msn-problems-connectivity-contacts-etc.436113/
Relevancy 28.81%

I ve got an HP Probook b running Windows Professional The laptop was purchased used and runs the -bit version of Windows on the Intel Core i CPU at Ghz and with MB RAM and the Intel HD Graphics card The laptop has run without any problems in the roughly six months I ve owned it Recently I realized that I needed the Microsoft Movie Maker of which I had an earlier version as part of an older Microsoft Office suite of applications The Movie Maker is available for free for Windows Other But Identical) Not Installs on Maker (An - Computer, 2011/2012 Movie One users under the Microsoft Live Essentials download - which includes the Microsoft Picture Album Outlook and a couple of other applications - in addition to Movie Maker I successfully located the official download locations for both Movie Maker and even Movie Maker After numerous installations of both MM and MM when invoking the Movie Maker application - I get the same error dialog box that in essence Movie Maker 2011/2012 - Installs on One Computer, But Not (An Identical) Other says that Movie Maker cannot start on my computer because it lacks the required resources or words to that effect So I have researched nearly every relevant online reference solution citation imaginable to include Microsoft HP laptop and graphics card I ve checked the various configurations including the memory graphics card DirectX support and almost anything else you can think of but without any luck although the Windows Live Photo Gallery does install successfully In frustration I admitted defeat and defaulted to installing the older version of Movie Maker In a final chapter of drama or supreme irony I was using my wife s identically configured Probook b and got the quot inkling quot to try installing Windows Live Essentials and the Movie Maker application To my amazement and not a small amount of consternation the Movie Maker installed successfully and the application launched successfully So these two laptops are practically and intentionally essentially the same laptop There may be some small configuration variations and some other applications installed variations - but in terms of hardware they are identical - and yet Movie Maker will or won t install on one of them Any good ideas on how to deconstruct the actual difference which is creating the barrier to the successful installation of Movie Make on one of the laptops I almost wish there was way to quot transfer quot the application and registry settings from the successful laptop to the problem laptop - although while I m willing and capable of working on the registry it seems overly ambitious Other ideas nbsp

A:Movie Maker 2011/2012 - Installs on One Computer, But Not (An Identical) Other

I have no trouble installing 2012 in several Computers, but getting it to work is a different story.
The internet is full of similar horror stories about WMM.
I always had to backup to 2011, and it's still crippled ... (I'm messing with AVCHD and hours of render times )
You cannot make a DVD in W8 or W10 (the DVD maker has been removed) ... And after 3 years, it's obvious that M$ has no intentions of fixing or updating WMM.
I figure it's time to read between the lines ... And move on
I've given up and installed Adobe Premiere Elements 13 .... I've got some learning to do ... But So Far, it looks like I've made a good decision

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/movie-maker-2011-2012-installs-on-one-computer-but-not-an-identical-other.1146057/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello,  
Within windows 8.1, a problem has recently occurred in my Windows Live Mail
WLM opens ok and I can view my inbox, sent, etc.
But if I click on "reply", for example,  I get an error message:-
"A problem has occurred while trying to open this message.
A problem has occurred. Please try again."
I get the same error message if I try to open a New Message.
I found that I can write messages to myself online and they arrive correctly in my WLM Inbox.
This seemed to have occurred soon after an AVG update, so I uninstalled AVG and restarted, but still had the same problem.
Having looking online, I tried "repair windows essentials", but it had no effect.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Many thanks

A:Window Live Mail 2012 stopped working

... resolved... I noticed that some people found that running CCleaner resolved the problem; I tried it and it worked!  no idea why, but hopefully this might also help others

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586455/window-live-mail-2012-stopped-working/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello everybody,
i would like to uninstall IE11 to 1000 workstations.
I would like to write a script which can help me to do it then deploy the script using sccm 2007 to the workstations.
I really need help for this topic.
thank you in advance for your help.
Regards,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9b5894a4-31b7-45ce-930d-1ce54fd827e8/uninstall-internet-explorer-11-automatically-with-sccm-2007?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 25.8%

I am new to Gen Hyper-V and so Windows from 8.1 not cannot guest x64 format R2 boot supported, 2012 works hyper-v Gen1 Windows file Gen2 or fine - ISO far I simply can't use it because I am unable to install any supported guest OS from an ISO So far I tried that on my HP Z i workstation Secure Boot disabled host running Windows Pro x with Hyper-V feature enabled can't boot any VM with hyper-v cannot boot Gen2 guest from Windows 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1 x64 ISO - file format not supported, Gen1 works fine supported OS ISO my home desktop i K secure Boot enabled host running Windows Pro x same result error hyper-v cannot boot Gen2 guest from Windows 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1 x64 ISO - file format not supported, Gen1 works fine during VM boot from ISO quoted below Synthetic SCSI controller instance blah blah Failed to Power on with Error 'The version does not support this version of file format' Gen guests of course work perfectly fine with those ISOs because emulated DVD IDE picks up the official Enterprise Evaluation ISO of either Windows Server R or Windows x Enterprise perfectly fine and all works OK in Legacy boot mode When I create a new guest and select Gen then no matter if I check or uncheck the Secure Boot in virtual Boot Order options for the guest while setting the SCSI DVD at top of course it simply doesn't work always same error I tried first connecting to VM to see if it prompts for key press but it doesn't the error is instant on Power on when supported ISO image is selected to be booted I verified that both of official Enterprise Evaluation ISO's of either WS r and W x are bootable in both the UEFI mode Secure Boot enabled and Legacy BIOS mode using a physical computer What am I missing here

A:hyper-v cannot boot Gen2 guest from Windows 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1 x64 ISO - file format not supported, Gen1 works fine

Copying fixed my issues since I downloaded from the TechNet Eval Center and it puts a "parse" attribute on the file.  Copying with Windows Explorer removes the attribute: http://blog.ctaggart.com/2013/12/bug-of-day-couldnt-mount-file-in.html

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bcd32697-6091-454d-8828-75dbe1879a03/hyperv-cannot-boot-gen2-guest-from-windows-2012-r2-or-windows-81-x64-iso-file-format-not?forum=w8itprovirt
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,

I am trying to install adksetup for installing scvmm 2012 sp1. But I got always the same error msg : " Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller"
In the log file i have this :
"Image path is [\??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\amd64\DISM\wimmount.sys]
Could not acquire privileges; GLE=0x514
Returning status 0x514"

Can some one help me please ?
Thank you.

Eric Van der Donck

Eric Van der Donck System Engineer Tel.: 04/277.01.29 GSM : 0492/98.92.08 @ : [email protected] URL : http://www.proit4all.be PROIT4ALL S.P.R.L. T.V.A. / B.T.W. : BE0838173436

A:ADKSETUP Fails on Windows 2012

Hi,

I fix my problem. I followed this procedure and it's works :
http://imgrouponline.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/installing-system-center-virtual-machine-manager-2012-sp1-on-windows-2012/
Thanks anyway.
Best regards,

Eric Van der DonckEric Van der Donck System Engineer Tel.: 04/277.01.29 GSM : 0492/98.92.08 @ : [email protected] URL : http://www.proit4all.be PROIT4ALL S.P.R.L. T.V.A. / B.T.W. : BE0838173436

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/69e39a57-9fd2-4b97-ae91-6abb2bb22741/adksetup-fails-on-windows-2012?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys I bought HP Paviion x from Future Shop a month ago At that time I didn't get for Pen 130 x360 Pavilion HP any pen or pen drive software Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 So I'm just wondering if it's their mistake or I should buy one If possible I'd like to use one of these pens Lapazz tablet pen stylus pen and a pen for HP tc tablet pc Also I want to use pen pressure for photoshop If I have to buy the pen What pen will fit for my laptop What pen drive do I need to install Do I have to buy both of them can I download a free software from HP website I really need the pen pressure system If I don't need to buy Can I get a digital pen from Futureshop Best Buy I don't know much about Tablet PC and It was first time to buy a laptop by myself Unless Does one of pens on top work on my Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 laptop and to use pen pressure I tried to touch the screen with them Only stylus worked Can I use Lapazz tablet pen as a digital pen a stylus

A:Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360

Unless I'm missing something, this is a touch screen which you use your finger to navigate rather than a mouse.  If you are more comfortable using a mouse you can use a usb type with the laptop.  I personally don't know anyone who uses a stylus on a laptop touch screen.

Just out of curiosity, where did you read that you needed to use a "pressure pen"? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575093/pen-for-hp-pavilion-130-x360/
Relevancy 29.67%

The tutorials here on this site were very helpful in figuring out how to remove this rogue. I ran Rkill and Malware Bytes like it said and after the third try, everything seems okay. My only issue is that 'My Documents' opens up at odd times on its own. Could this have been cause by the virus? What can I do about it? It doesn't happen right at startup... just randomly and usually when I am away from the computer.

A:Vista Security 2012

Hi

Check this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555294

Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434961/vista-security-2012/
Relevancy 29.24%

Greetings Gurus I ve been a lurker here for a long long time and have Vista 2012 removing Security Problems with after MSE nearly always found exactly what I needed when dealing with computer issues This is a great site and so are the people who contribute to it Many thanks to everyone associated with Problems with MSE after removing Vista Security 2012 it for their help and support over the years Moving on My neighbor s PC became infected with Vista Internet Security scareware I followed the tutorial here Problems with MSE after removing Vista Security 2012 http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-vista-internet-security- which worked perfectly However his PC now has a strange issue which I have not been able to rectify nor have I been able to find info related to it When I click the icon to start MSE I receive an error that the services associated with it are not started and to quot Click Here to start this service quot When I quot Click Here quot I m told the service selected is damaged and can not run and to try re-installing the program When I attempt to re-install it I get an error that quot Only one instance of MSE yada yada yada quot Next I attempt to uninstall it and receive the following error quot Error x ff The Security Essentials Installation Wizard is missing a filter manager rollup package needed to complete the installation To continue installing Security Essentials you must first download the required package quot It then has a quot Download required package quot link and when I follow the link I arrive at a page that tells me I need to update my version of Windows XP to fix the problem The computer has Vista SP installed on it I m stuck in an endless loop I can t re-install it uninstall it or fix it I ll be most appreciative of any suggestions offered Regards Coach

A:Problems with MSE after removing Vista Security 2012

Use AppRemover to uninstall it: http://www.appremover.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434562/problems-with-mse-after-removing-vista-security-2012/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello Everyone I have heard some great things about this site forum and actually used a fix to remove a previous virus so I was hoping some more computer savvy individuals might be able to help me A few days ago my home after Ups Virus Vista Firefox 2012 Pop Home PC was infected with the Vista Home Security virus I followed one of the guides listed on this site sorry I don t remember exactly which one as I had to use a laptop to read the instructions and was able to remove the virus I believe the steps involved were to update a registry sorry if my terms are horribly off run a kill program then run Malwarebytes After I ran through these steps the virus Firefox Pop Ups after Vista Home 2012 Virus seemed to be gone but I am still running into a few errors I can t seem to launch my normal vista security center anymore When I launch Firefox I randomly seem to get a quot pop up quot tab with random porn adds news etc I have tried updating Malwarebytes I have Firefox Pop Ups after Vista Home 2012 Virus a PRO account as well as ClamAV recommended by a friend but to no avail For the life of me I cannot figure out why these pop ups keep occurring or even replicate the problem on a reliable basis I can t determine exactly what I do that causes these pop ups I am running Vista Home Premium on a Lenovo but will happily give any additional details if anyone has some ideas Thank you in advance for any help It s nice to know that there are still good people out there willing to help those of us who don t quite know what we are doing

A:Firefox Pop Ups after Vista Home 2012 Virus

Sorry for the confusion, it looks like I posted this in the wrong section.

If a mod would be so kind as to move this to? Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432710/firefox-pop-ups-after-vista-home-2012-virus/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate -bit on a Vaio It recently became infected with the Vista Antivirus malware and I followed the instructions by Grinler I found here on removing it using FixNCR rg removing with running Vista 2012 Problem Antivirus after programs RKill and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware I have also been running the free version of Avast which was set for automatic downloads Problem with running programs after removing Vista Antivirus 2012 so it should have Problem with running programs after removing Vista Antivirus 2012 been updated Windows Firewall havent been Problem with running programs after removing Vista Antivirus 2012 able to disable it despite the redundancy and am behind a router modem from my ISP Anyways it appears I successfully removed the malware but now anytime I try to open a program - IE Firefox Outlok - I am get a dialogue box stating I have attempted to open a file Please choose a program to open it with Sometimes I get one option other times more So with Firefox it offers me Firefox as an option for the others it does not give me appropriate options but when I click it to open a browser window I get in addition another dialogue box stating You have chosen to open firefox exe which is a Application kb from c Program Files Mozilla Firefox Would you like to save this file This happens each time I tried reinstalling Firefox with no improvement I read a similar thread which had the user do a fix with the windows cd but I dont know if I still have it moved twice since purchasing this laptop a few years ago Any advice

A:Problem with running programs after removing Vista Antivirus 2012

I also noticed that after rebooting ( As per malwarebytes instructions ) none of my usual startup programs - avast chiefly, has started.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430775/problem-with-running-programs-after-removing-vista-antivirus-2012/
Relevancy 28.81%

First time posting, thanks in advance for the help.

So I've recently come in contact with the Vista Security 2012 rogue, and have taken steps to remove it. I've done the task manager closing, deleted the exe and tried cleaning registry keys (bouncing between a hundred different sites at the time) and I ended up ruining my .exe associations. Well, crap. I used xp_exe_fix.reg to restore .exe functionality, but when I went to use System Restore, nothing happens. I'm just staring at the desktop. I can see rstrui.exe running in Task Manager, but nothing is happening. Where do I go from here?

A:Vista Security 2012 Aftermath / System Restore error

Other .exes are working fine, but I'm positive that the virus messed with rstrui.exe somehow.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430589/vista-security-2012-aftermath-system-restore-error/
Relevancy 29.67%

I installed the Updates for Oct 2012 and now Outlook cannot connect to the exchange server. The server is available because I can connect to it via OWA.
This is ONLY with an Exchange server I have an account that connects to a different mail server and it can connect fine.
Task 'Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists.'

A:Windows Update Oct 2012 Problem

Did you check this?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289971

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472120/windows-update-oct-2012-problem/
Relevancy 29.67%

After installing Hide Folders 2012, i tried hiding some of my folders and it worked. I restarted my computer and turned on HF and all my folders were disappeared. I used Easeus Data Revovery to check if they're still visible and yes they are. I tried many ways to unhide my folders but didn't work at all. So is there anyway to show my hidden folders?

A:Problem w/ Hide Folders 2012

Hello -Do you have the Free or Paid versions ??A quick link to Hide Folders 2012 - FSPro Labs that may answer some of your questions -Thanks -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465661/problem-w-hide-folders-2012/
Relevancy 28.81%

Like so many others, I've been infected by the Eraem Vire Studaa 2012, which I suspect is also related to the updateflashplayer_***.exe

I have the same symptoms as described in othe posts on this forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562385/unknown-process-running-continues-to-open-by-itself/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562483/to-machiavelli-also-have-unknown-process-eraem-vire-studaa-2021/?hl=%2Beraem+%2Bvire+%2Bstudaa+%2B2021#entry3591814 ...

PC is laging and I get the Eraem Vire Studaa 2012 process runing, when I terminate the process it keep poping back up.
I have tried varius malware removal tools like malwarebytes antimalware, but it won't erase this bug. My Mcaffie seams to be completly helpless agains it as well.

Rather than go things ahead and run any desinfection programs I patiently await your respons to this post and humbly ask you to save me from this malware

Regards

//Ioshik

PS:  I'm runing win7 HomePremium SP1 (64bit) on a Samsung Laptop with an Intel i3-2310M cpu and 8GB RAM

A:Infected by Eraem Vire Studaa 2012 & updateflashplayer_***.exe

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Important: To help me reviewing your logs, please post them in code boxes. You can create them by clicking on the <>-symbol on top of the reply window.    HijackThis is not the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum. With today's malware, a more comprehensive set of logs is required to determine the presence of malware.    Scan with FRST in normal modePlease download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop: FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties) Run FRST.Don´t change one of the checkboxes and hit Scan.Logfiles are created on your desktop.Poste the FRST.txt and (after the first scan only!) the Addition.txt.  Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries Scan with TDSS-KillerPlease read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.Download TDSSKiller.zip and extract to your desktopExecute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
Press Start Scan
If Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Copy to quarantine. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.
Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txtPlease attach this file to your next reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562943/infected-by-eraem-vire-studaa-2012-updateflashplayer-exe/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello everyone My computer seems to have been infected with a whole lot of stuff at the start of the year I've started seeing a lot of BSODs and random program crashes the past week I've noticed some strange occurrences when web surfing and streaming videos While finally scanning my system this evening I noticed MANY processes that I have never seen before I Vire 2012 more Eraem and Studaa suddenly found some txt files pointing to a possible cryptolocker virus or similar This problem has been escalated since a reformat would not solve my problem here My desktop is currently running in safemode with networking enabled as I do not want anything else harmed if I am in fact infected with a cryptolocker virus Here are the log files Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Troy administrator on CIRNO on - - Running from E My Stuff My Downloads Loaded Profiles False Available profiles Troy lt ATTENTION Temporary Profile Platform Windows Ultimate X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Safe Mode with Networking Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in Eraem Vire Studaa 2012 and more the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System taskmgr exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RTHDVCPL gt E Programz Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run XFast LAN gt C Program Files ASRock XFast LAN cFosSpeed exe - - cFos Software GmbH HKLM Run THXCfg gt C Windows system RunDLL exe C Windows system THXCfg dll RunDLLEntry THXCfg HKLM Run Cmaudio gt C Windows syswow RunDll exe C Windows Syswow cmicnfgp dll CMICtrlWnd HKLM Run Cmaudio GX gt C Windows syswow HsMgr exe - - HKLM Run Cmaudio GX gt C Windows system HsMgr exe - - HKLM Run Launch LCore gt E Programz Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe - - Logitech Inc HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA UpdaterStartupUtility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon gt C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run USB MON gt C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run THX TruStudio NB Settings gt C Program Files x Creative THX TruStudio THXNBSet THXAudNB exe - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run UpdReg gt C Windows UpdReg EXE - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run WinampAgent gt C Program Files x Winamp winampa exe - - Nullsoft Inc HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run LWS gt C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe - - Logitech Inc HKLM-x Run StartCCC gt C Program Files x AMD ATI ACE Core-Static amd CLIStart exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run BCSSync gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run XFastUSB gt C Program Files x XFastUSB XFastUsb exe - - FNet Co Ltd HKLM-x Run VirtualCloneDrive gt C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe - - Elaborate Bytes AG HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run Razer Synapse gt C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe - - Razer USA Ltd HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run BambooCore gt C Program Files x Bamboo Dock BambooCore exe - - HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher gt... Read more

A:Eraem Vire Studaa 2012 and more

Hey, Can you do the following steps in normal mode please? ;)Step 1: AdwarecleanerPlease download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) from the link below and save it to your Desktop:Download Mirror #1Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator. (If you have Windows XP the just run it)Click Scan and let the scan run.When it finishes, click Clean, following the on screen promptsAfter your computer reboots, a log will open. Please Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) this into your next post.Note: The log can also be found in here: C:\AdwCleaner\Step 2: MalwarebytesPlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop Install the progamme and select updateOnce it has updated select Settings > Detection and ProtectionTick Scan for rootkitsGo back to the Dashboard and select Scan NowIf threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button, MBAM will ask for a reboot.On completion of the scan (or after the reboot) select View Detailed LogSelect Export > Select text file and save to the desktopAttach/Post that logStep 3: Junkware Removal Tool  Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.Step 4: FRST ScanRun FRST. (if you have Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8: Please do a Right click on the FRST icon and select Run as Administrator)Click Scan to start FRST.When FRST finishes scanning, a log, FRST.txt, will open.Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of this log into your next post please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564294/eraem-vire-studaa-2012-and-more/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have created a Signature file for my email in Windows live mail 2012 ".html file" I have attached it also. When I create a new email or reply the signature with my images does show up in the email, however the cursor does not show up where it should.

1.) When I create a new email or reply to an email the cursor does not show up anywhere. I would like the cursor to show up in the subject box and then I can tab to the body and type my message. If this is not possible then in the body at the top is fine.

Please help.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588336/signature-with-images-in-windows-live-mail-2012-no-cursor/
Relevancy 28.38%

All We are running into an issue where Microsoft doesn't RSClientPrint IE ActiveX 2012 within SSRS 11 install/run component we see that the quot print quot button as available on the Microsoft Reporting Server site does not work on our Windows systems When pressing the button a popup appears with the message quot Printing is not available Verify that ActiveX is enabled or try using Internet Explorer for nbsp the desktop quot I have added the site to trusted sites and allowed download and run of signed ActiveX controls as described here https technet microsoft com en-us library ms v sql aspx I have configured the ActiveX Installer service as described here https technet microsoft com en-us library dd v ws aspx After that action Microsoft SSRS 2012 RSClientPrint ActiveX component doesn't install/run within IE 11 I see in the eventlog the following The ActiveX control http server Reports Reserved ReportViewerWebControl axd ReportSession ao hl rhljvuac oppnij amp Culture amp CultureOverrides False amp UICulture amp UICultureOverrides False amp ReportStack amp ControlID e f e b fa db cdfe e c amp Microsoft SSRS 2012 RSClientPrint ActiveX component doesn't install/run within IE 11 OpType PrintCab amp Arch X from host URL http mesbrouwen passed all policy checks seems like the ActiveX object is marked as quot ok quot but even then the file is not installed Looking at a Process Monitor dump I see the cab-file RSClientPrint-x cab is downloaded but never reaches quot Windows Downloaded Program Files quot I would like to avoid having to deploy the component using a package Does anyone have an idea googling around didn't provide me any answers that work for me - gt which where the options mentioned above Help is greatly appreciated Regards Sjoerd

A:Microsoft SSRS 2012 RSClientPrint ActiveX component doesn't install/run within IE 11

Hi,
For Microsoft Internet Explorer, settings that affect ActiveX control download and installation are specified through the ActiveX controls and plug-ins node
in the Security Settings page for the Web content zone. 
Users who want to use RSClientPrint to perform client-side printing must enable Download signed ActiveX controls and Script
ActiveX control marked safe for scriptingfor installation purposes, and Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins for ongoing print operations. 
Please make sure above 3 settings are configured properly.
If there is any security applications or plug-in installed to protect your internet access, please disable them first before reinstall it.Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df190471-561b-4126-b27d-cb5e449eecab/microsoft-ssrs-2012-rsclientprint-activex-component-doesnt-installrun-within-ie-11?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 28.38%

nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp after joing Windows Server Domain Settings 2012 saving new Problems nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp This was originally posted in the Server forum but perhaps it's more applicable to Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I've joined the Windows Pro workstations to the Domain using the SERVER Connect app and that seemed to work fine nbsp I made the Users all Standard not Admin and access to the Shared folders is working fine too nbsp Users appear to be in the Administrators group on the local machine which is what I need However a number of our applications aren't working correctly one writes changes to nbsp HKey Current User nbsp and those changes will not stick nbsp Some IE sites that require changes have to be made each time those changes don't save nbsp Some of the ODBC connections to SQL databases Problems saving Windows Settings after joing new Server 2012 Domain are behaving strangly as well nbsp I tried checking permissions on the Windows Registry keys and they looked OK nbsp Turning off User Access Control did not help either If I log on to the workstation not using the Domain Account I don't have this problem nbsp And one of the workstations which had performed the Windows Upgrade while connected to the previous Domain Controllder works fine Any direction would be greatly appreciated nbsp nbsp Thx DMiller

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c3d2b5dd-b140-4637-96ac-2afc41552b07/problems-saving-windows-settings-after-joing-new-server-2012-domain?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 29.24%

Is it possible to manage file shares on a Windows 2012 server from Windows 7? I have the remote administration tools installed but the 'Share and Storage Management' console is not available.
Thanks,
Joe

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e0c2e068-07e5-47d2-8b20-1036d4ebde5b/managed-2012-file-shared-from-windows-7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 27.52%

To help community members troubleshoot issues efficiently sometimes we need to collect related files such as Event logs Network nbsp traces Setup log files Screenshots etc to perform a to Use and upload collected post SkyDrive screen shot/picture. 1/16/2012) (Updated: files specific analysis nbsp We can simply use SkyDrive Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture. (Updated: 1/16/2012) which nbsp Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture. (Updated: 1/16/2012) is a free storage on Windows Live it rsquo s easy to store and share your files and photos with almost anyone To make the steps clear I would like to share the detailed steps for How to use nbsp SkyDrive to upload collected files How to post screenshots or other pictures in forum threads ----------------------------------------------------------------- nbsp nbsp nbsp How to use SkyDrive to upload collected files nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Open the nbsp SkyDrive site nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp In the Sign In page if you own a Windows Live ID please type your Windows Live ID and Password to sign in Otherwise you may click Sign Up to register a new one See the following screen shot nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp After signing in Windows Live click nbsp Create folder nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Name the folder and edit permissions to share with relevant person nbsp nbsp Important Note nbsp You can share the folder with Everyone if there is no private sensitive information such as the screen shot of a prompt error message To so so simply select the nbsp quot Everyone Public quot option in the quot Share with quot box Please refer to the following screen shot However for private information that you do NOT want to be accessed by everyone nbsp it is recommended to share with specified individuals To nbsp do so you can expand the quot Share with quot box choose the quot Select people quot option and then nbsp type their Live IDs in the Individual box Please refer to the screen shot below nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Drag the previously collected files directly to the Skydrive folder For example nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Click Upload nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Click on the uploaded files and tell us the URL nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp How to post screenshots or other pictures in forum threads This section updated on to reflect changes in Skydrive Thanks to Jeeped on the Microsoft Answers forums nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Please use the above method to upload the picture files in advance Then nbsp in your Skydrive space Right Click the picture and select View Original Press Ctrl A or Right Click and select Copy nbsp to select it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Press Ctrl C to copy this picture nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Navigate to your post textbox and press Ctrl V or nbsp Right Click and select Paste nbsp to paste the picture there nbsp Then the picture will be nbsp successfully inserted in that thread nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65/use-skydrive-to-upload-collected-files-and-post-screen-shotpicture-updated-1162012?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 26.23%

The following Structure is a representation PC - IP - FQDN PC DOM LOCAL PC - IP - FQDN PC DOM LOCAL SRV - IP - Server Issue to File 2012 7 Windows Share Server Networking a with FQDN SRV DOM LOCAL - File Share 'FLDR ' USR lt ReadOnly gt SRV has a folder FLDR being shared for read only access to user USR PC and PC Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share logged on Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share as Domain User USR PC is able to connect to SRV to see and look in FLDR PC is unable to connect to SRV Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share to see and look in FLDR Now there are multiple means of connecting to SRV to see the share FLDR The following connections were done in combination with the following methods Method - via logged on Domain User CMD Prompt with 'NET VIEW' Method - via logged on Domain Administrator CMD Prompt with 'NET VIEW' Method - via logged on Domain User Explorer Window Method - via logged on Domain Administrator Explorer Window Connection - via Server Name Connection - via Server IP Address Connection - via Server Fully Qualified Domain Name Now that the stage is set going to the fun part Testing from both PC and PC ------------------------------------------- PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success ------------------------------------------- PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success ------------------------------------------- PC and PC being logged in as USR PC is able to connect to the SRV share FLDR PC is unable to connect to SRV except by IP Address as shown in the tests above but as for data connection for some reason it is very slow even though it is on a Gb line nbsp All failures are given in response to Access Denied Error This issue persists after I reboot PC and after I remove USR user profile nbsp I have also tried changing the IP address of the PC and still no resolution Also no local PC accounts such as Administrator or Guest can be used to view our shares as we have removed 'Everyone' from the permissions and have selected 'Domain Users' group in place of it nbsp If you are not in our domain you will not have access to our shares even if you are on our network This issue also just started this past week I have looked for a resolution to this issue and am unable to find one that works nbsp In reality we have PCs on our floor that use a single user to get to this single folder to run an application and only one of them is giving this issue nbsp I'm almost getting ready to rebuild the issue PC from scratch with the image of the other machines nbsp Also the imaging isn't the issue either since I've used the same image and software package for the past two years on this group of machines and this particular machine was in the second batch out of six deployed nbsp Any other suggestions are welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9a70a336-c183-430b-b6e5-0adcec1552c7/windows-7-networking-issue-to-a-server-2012-server-with-file-share?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi. I'm using a 2012 r2 server hyper-v. Home network. Have internet access. Physical NIC.

I created a 2008 server vm. Not a DC. Just a plain 2008 r2 server in a workgroup.
I created an external switch, allowing management OS to share network adapter.
In the virtual machine settings, Network adapter is set to use this external switch.

I want the 2008 server vm to be able to connect to the internet to apply windows updates.
It is unclear to me what I need to do make this happen.

I believe the issue is in the ip configuration but I need some help.

Thanks in advanced
bzserverguy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyper-v-networking-2012-host-2008-vm-external-sw.1155871/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, 
Can someone help me with this info?
How this should be configure on the hyper-v host and the VM?
The switch is already configured.
Thank you very much,
Yakir

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/14ca6df3-6189-4e13-8a03-4395902a0524/guide-to-do-port-mirroring-from-physical-dcs-to-hyperv-2012-r2-vmata-gateway?forum=mata
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,
Does Windows 2012 Standard (and R2 standard edition) provide log collector facility? If so, could you please provide aq link for that. I understand that 2012 and R2 essential provides that feature - looking
for Standard edition support.
Regards,
Champak

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/674bf234-9814-4539-8e39-b8f197e9c592/log-collector-in-windows-2012-and-windows-2012-r2-standard-edition?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I created the following performance counter using logman exe nbsp logman exe counters incorrectly Server Windows correctly creates performance on 2003 but Server Windows Logman 2008/2012 on create counter US Triton Perf Log -b -e -r -s server -si frequence -cf folder server txt -f logtype nbsp -o C local logs Perfout Server --a -v mmddhhmm nbsp -rf nbsp max Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 duration When I do this across multiple servers specifically for Windows Servers the counter is created to repeat and run everyday at PM and stops running everyday at PM This works perfectly fine as intended However When I do this for a Windows server my created counter is very different For example in this case I have set to the counters to start at AM and end at PM because I have set a maximum duration of hours the job terminates and begins on the next day since Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 I have the repeat option on However this does not apply to our server logman creates the job to run once a week in this case it would be on a Wednesday In addiiton I noticed that the job doesn't not even start at it's indented time It actually does not start at all I also notice that the jobs on all windows servers are created in a pending status which then prevents me from removing Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 the counter remotely nbsp I would like to know if windows is capable of working like my win servers using logman and if historically the job has to be kicked off through scheduled task nbsp Both Jobs are using the same criteria but are created differently The top photo was created on a windows server and the bottom photo was created on windows server Am I missing something here FYI I have a script to automate across servers so when I deployed this it turned out about servers were actually running as intended and a whole bunch of them were in pending status and all stopped nbsp I appreciate any response on this issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8377c80-cabf-41ca-bd0b-8132c4e19269/logman-creates-performance-counters-on-windows-server-20082012-correctly-but-incorrectly-on-windows?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi there, spreading this a little wider to see whether anyone else has experienced the same issue and whether anyone has found a workaround. Disabled strong security on the cert works around the issue as the prompt will not occur without strong security
enabled. 
Summary of issue:
When using Internet Explorer 11 on 2012 R2 with RDS or Citrix
and "Enable Strong Security" is set on a Personal Certificate, the prompt to ALLOW or DON'T ALLOW the application (in this case IE11) to access the certificate appears in another users session.
Others have highlighted the same issue:
https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/Feedback/Details/1335957
Greg99 details the steps in this post with screenshots:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f630cc0f-a707-477e-a397-202e29247e13/certificate-prompt-in-rdp-session-and-then-puts-an-allowdeny-option-on-another-users-session?forum=winserverTS

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/windows-security-prompts-wrong-user-access-pki-key-personal-certificate-internet-explorer-11

Cheers.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a2ffc05c-a8ad-461f-bf64-a3f0e0f24301/certificate-prompt-in-ie11-on-2012-r2-with-rds-or-citrix-causes-allowdeny-prompt-to-appear-in?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello Com the system i have an issue on is windows server R with the desktop experience role bit gig ram x gb ssd s in raid gb available the server is Print and 4,2gb spools Server Windows Spooler only 2012 stops / connected via vpn to a home pc to this home pc Windows Server 2012 / Print Spooler spools 4,2gb only and stops a printer is connected both the home pc and the server have a mbit internet connection so the connection isnt the bottleneck i am using the server because it offers more power which i need cause i print big pictures i am printing with photoshop and when one page is spooled the spl file is gb in size i can easily print the same page - times but on the fourth it stops spooling amp printing nbsp approx when gig have been spooled the limit got to be the file size cause i can print about small pages photoshop also isnt the bottleneck i tried the same file on the same printer but on win and was able to print about pages I already rebooted reinstalled drivers as well as a complete reinstallation is there any way to fix this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f11c6fc5-0456-48f1-ad9a-439f789c511f/windows-server-2012-print-spooler-spools-42gb-only-and-stops?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there,
I am trying to create an install package for IE 11 using SCCM 2012. IE uninstalls when I set deployment settings purpose as Available, but not when I set the  deployment settings purpose as Required. When I set it as Available
I am able to manually uninstall it using Software Center. My goal is to have the setting, set to required so that the uninstall can happen without user interaction.
My batch file has the  following:
FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/875fe6f0-c6be-416f-bd0f-03ac66749473/ie-11-uninstall-using-sccm-2012?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 29.67%

When I am running my deployment for Win7, the last couple systems have returned a memory error when going though the pre-application round of Windows Update. The error pauses the deployment and the system needs to be manually restated before it will continue.
When this error occurred before, I added a task to install SP1 before Windows Update ran. This no longer seems to be working sufficiently. Any ideas on how to solve this problem? My thought was to modify the ZTIWindowsUpdate file to only install a limited
number of updates in a given pass, but I have no idea how to do this.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/def95a77-c38a-4ecc-bda2-2fc8f98cac1a/memory-error-during-deployment-via-mtd-2012?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 29.67%

I need to install Visual C++ 2012 as a requirement for another program. Normally I do this through Group Policy. However, when I go through the steps to get an MSI file out of the redistributable exe, there are two, and they come paired with cab
files, and I'm unsure of how to get those included when I push the msi files. How can I deploy this application using Group Policy? Manually installing this on 100+ computers is not an option for me.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0dd11e7a-856b-458b-83ca-a0d90e7c319a/how-to-deploy-visual-c-2012?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 28.81%

I installed new Windows Live Mail 2011 and it upgraded on its own to 2012. Can you tell me where to go to setup my email accounts to save contacts in our contact folder for addresses we send email to, I know I've seen that option some where?
I just had a computer person reinstall Windows 7 on my computer. He saved all my documents and pictures. Failed to save our two email accounts. Wife is complaining about losing her old emails, is there a folder where I might find them?
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/382903-windows-live-mail-2012-save-contacts.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi Team,
Can you please share the memory Management of Windows 2012. article of Microsoft?
i have Server with 256GB RAM Available memory 232 GB but Committed 284/288. in use: - 23.8
look like this is not normal behaviour as most of the application Virtual memory not the physical memory. Please suggest.

Thanks
Richard

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5cf4318e-43eb-44c7-9d64-1d9c0ca9a032/memory-management-of-windows-2012-r2-std?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 29.67%

Is there away to have Mail 2012 save email addresses that you send to, to save in contact folder? Thanks

A:Windows Live Mail 2012

I believe if you are replying to an email from the person you want to add, if you open your sent email, their email will be a link. Right click the link and it should have an option 'Add to Contacts'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/383130-windows-live-mail-2012-a.html
Relevancy 29.24%

In Windows server 2012 none of my scripts are working. The same works in 2008 server. 

If I add the application to trusted  site or if I turn off the security setting to off it works fine. But I need a solution without changing these features. Please help me out in fixing it. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fddd1986-6559-4407-9597-f222eb9844d6/javascripts-are-not-loaded-in-windows-2012-server?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 42.14%

Can this be installed on Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 3, or does it require Server 2012 R2?
thank you,
Azin

azwright

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b18f339a-f1e7-4be4-bf71-34e71e699816/sccm-technical-preview-3-installation?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 24.08%

I accidentally installed Windows Server 2012 R2 onto hard drive instead of CD/DVD drive in the BIOS so it has replaced my Windows 7 OS. How to I recover or restore Windows 7 since I can't access system restore or recovery on Windows Server 2012 R2.
I'm trying not to panic but I am thoroughly scared I may have lost Windows 7 completely. Thank you for any help. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa10afb1-1008-424c-aefb-0e1f926ec294/windows-server-2012-r2-over-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 29.24%

hi _ all 
we are facing an issue in my server 2012 R2 standard edition. server browser  not responding after 2 hrs .
when i restart the server its work properly. this issue is repeated evry times after 2 hrs, 5 hrs, 1 day, 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bbd62661-4cbc-4994-acc2-d71f4748ee75/brower-not-responding-in-server-2012-r2-standerd?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 33.54%

We have a person who is somewhat important on HP specter 360 with Windows 7. She received a NSOD and i did a bluescreenview and it said it is related to ntoskrnl.exe. Uploaded mini dump. Please help this poor IT person.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD. Not sure what is going on. HP Spectre 360

Hi xxxnullifierxxx,

Welcome to the 7forums.

A driver from Symantec has been flagged
Please check Symantec for software updates.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PGPwded.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PGPwded.sys

2: kd> lmvm PGPwded
start end module name
fffff880`0151a000 fffff880`01584000 PGPwded T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: PGPwded.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\PGPwded.sys
Image name: PGPwded.sys
Timestamp: Fri Nov 28 10:24:45 2014 (54783F5D)
CheckSum: 0006A043
ImageSize: 0006A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
I understand this person you are talking about is from an organization?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384436-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-not-sure-what-going-hp-spectre-360-a.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I reset my computer because Windows Live Mail was not connecting to the internet and was getting an error message saying that I have used the wrong password. Now, I still can't use WL Mail and Windows Essentials is still "installing" for the last several days. Consequently, I can't uninstall WL Mail or Windows Essentials or fix them. In addition, I think, because WLE is not installed officially, I can't see my saved videos and still get the same error message when I try to connect to WL Mail...error 0x80280006. I tried to reset my WL Mail password to no avail.
BTW, I'm using Windows 10 and maybe it is partly to blame?
I want to be able to use WL Mail and see my videos, but I don't know how. Please help. Thanks.

A:Cannot install and uninstall Windows Essentials 2012.

While searching for info on my problem, I ran a scan of my system with a 'repair tool'...it found many errors and would fix them for a fee, but one of the things it did mention was that I have an Artemis virus. Could this be the cause of my problems>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-install-and-uninstall-windows-essentials-2012.1158994/
Relevancy 29.67%

Good day

I recently started at a company where i assist in small IT related tasks.

Recently we have started to experience some trouble with our server, we will all still be working perfectly fine (via Remote Desktop) then all of a sudden we lose our connection to the server and when i go to see what the problem is, I see the blue screen
of death on the screen with the following message:
"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.
If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (TSFairShare.sys)"
 If anyone can please assist me in what this means and how to resolve it i would appreciate it seeing as i don't have
a clue in connection to servers.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a269f407-56ba-4b9c-b7a1-5d5bc718e6f5/windows-2012-server-bsod?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm running server 2012 and in internet explorer the internet security is set to high. I need to change this setting to Med to allow some sites to load. I also cant install Net frame works. Can some one help..

Eric Klotz

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1df921e-30a5-4c0e-9c9e-b28aac8abe37/server-2012-r2-internet-explorer-internet-settings?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everybody,
I'm trying to run tjhis  batch file using a yask sequence on SCCM 2007.The batch file contained the folowing script:
FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart"

The script works find while running it locally but when  i use a task  sequence i have no error message but it doesn't work.This script was supposed to uninstall IE11.But Nothing Happened...
While advertising it,i tried both to download it locally or to run it to the distribution point then run it .But it still failed...
Can you please help me to run this script using a task sequence  in SCCM 2007?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0a0cf9ca-1a06-484b-aa19-cc7a107aae00/unable-to-run-a-batch-file-with-task-sequence-using-sccm-2007?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 25.8%

We run a web proxy server on our network for internet access.
On client machines (running Windows 2012 R2) I have configured the proxy server setting in Internet Explorer "Tools\Internet Settings\Connections\LAN Settings" to point at the designated web proxy server.
When attempting to browse websites from IE I receive the "The proxy server isn't responding" error.
Conversely, browsing the same sites via Google Chrome and Firefox (installed on the same client server) return web pages without error.
In addition, if I run Internet Explorer as administrator (Right Click\Run as Administrator), I am able to browse web sites without receiving the error.
It would appear that the issue is isolated to browsing via IE when not run in elevated mode.
Has anyone come across this issue?

A:Server 2012 R2 - Internet Explorer Proxy Server Issue

Hi Dicki,
First, please try to reset the Internet Explorer. Some plug-ins may affect the proxy.
If it doesn't work, please try to perform a network capture on the client.
Please check if the client send the http traffic to the proxy server at the correct port.
If the client has sent the http traffic to the proxy server, please check if there is any warning or error in the proxy server.
To download Network Monitor, please refer to the link below:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865
Best Regards.Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/84ad387f-4452-4427-8cd6-a2f6cd7b00dd/server-2012-r2-internet-explorer-proxy-server-issue?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 27.95%

Dear All,
          I am trying to install windows server 2008 r2 and facing the below issue .Can any  one help me how can I solve this.

Thanks, Quality Communication Provides Quality Work. http://siddiq-sharepoint2010.blogspot.in/ Siddiqali Mohammad .

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3e08418-a302-4977-9f41-eaf9fe60cdab/windows-server-2012-installation-error-setup-has-failed-to-validate-product-key?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,
I am looking for a guide on how to install Windows Device Centre 6.1 using SCCM. Can not find anything at all.Please provide me with a link to a guide.
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3ed33515-ef77-4e23-bb43-ecac0b931342/how-to-deploy-windows-mobile-device-center-using-sccm-2012?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi nbsp We have an 2 to Security Server for 2012 fails install (KB3045321) Pack Update Service SQL issue with Security Update for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (KB3045321) fails to install this security update as it Security Update for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (KB3045321) fails to install keeps on failing to install in windows update I receive error code A A What I have did was to manually install the the update from the MS site and the machine shows it has been installed and when I ran updates again windows updates picks this security update again even though its installed nbsp I have removed SQL server developer edition nbsp and all of its components restarted the machine Did windows updates and then installed SQL again and manualy installed nbsp KB and still after running windows updates windows shows tries to install this update nbsp My company runs reports from WSUS regarding failed windows updates This machine appears in the report even though its installed I have tried hiding this update and still it appears in the report nbsp I then built another machine did windows updates installed SQL server developer edition ran windows updates and again it fails to install the security update It gives the same error message nbsp A A Again installed update manually and still windows updates tries to install this update again nbsp Any ideas nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ff0fc5af-b267-4b36-926a-be1a650038fe/security-update-for-sql-server-2012-service-pack-2-kb3045321-fails-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 25.8%

We have found recently that our Windows 8.1 clients are unable to connect to Server 2012 R2 shares (SMB 3.02). When trying to browse to them in Explorer we get "Windows can't find <UNC path>". Windows 7 clients can still connect to these
shares, only our 8.1 clients are affected. Attempting to access using the IP address instead of the host name makes no difference.
The 8.1 clients can still connect to shares on 2008 R2 servers. Server 2012 R2 to Server 2012 R2 also works.
No changes have been made to the clients or to the group policies which control them that could readily explain this issue.
Any advice on where to start troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dec29e76-991b-4d0b-a011-208f52edd02f/windows-81-clients-cant-connect-to-smb-302-shares-windows-server-2012-r2?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 66.22%

I cannot create a new folder on the desktop. Right click of the mouse pad does nothing. Shift Control N does nothing. This is ridiculous. Any help is appreciated.

A:HP Spectre X360 with Windows 10

Does right click work at all? Try right click on Start button and see if it produces a menu. Some people has experienced problems with their touch pad, try using a mouse and see if right click works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-spectre-x360-with-windows-10.1160901/
Relevancy 41.28%

When System Center Configuration Manager is used to manage/push updates out to clients, the SCCM agent takes over control of the Windows Updates process so that when you manually initiate Windows Updates, the machine will check against the SCCM server,
rather than the online Microsoft update servers. When you have the option for Internet Explorer 11 to Install new versions automatically selected, will IE check for updates on the SCCM server, or will it check against the online Microsoft update servers? 

Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1557146-2611-41ff-8bab-b7ddb815029b/ie-11-install-new-versions-automatically-in-an-sccm-managed-environment?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 29.24%

Can I get Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Server 2012 ?
NO R2,
I want to use Internet Explorer 11 on Windows Server 2012.
Regards,
Yoshihiro Kawabata

A:Can I get Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Server 2012 ?

Hi,

As I known, Internet Explorer 11 is preinstalled with Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. No additional action is required.

If you plan to run IE 11 on Windows server 2012, it won?t be supported. Internet Explorer 11 is not available for download for on Windows Server 2012.

For more information, you may refer to:

Internet Explorer 11 - FAQ for IT Pros

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn268945.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair DengWe
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/193b638a-2e49-4357-9885-57e003298b60/can-i-get-internet-explorer-11-for-windows-server-2012-?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,

We're deploying Windows 8.1 to our public computing labs right now. This is the first time we're doing mass deployments with SCCM and we've run into the dreaded sysprep error just after applying the image. I think we've
narrowed this down to drivers but can't seem to figure it out. As an example, *almost none* of our hundreds of Optiplex 9010s will accept the image, yet hundreds of other models (Optiplex 7010, Optiplex 9020) accept the same image without issue.

I saw plenty of other posts about this error but I don't think this could be an unattend file or sysprep issue. Why would it work on some machines but not others?

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Error:
Sysprep could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass [specialize]. The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component [Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup].

Log Files:
Will post separately.

A:SCCM Windows 8.1 Deployment - Sysprep could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass specialize

For those with a similar issue - 

This turned out to be a driver problem for us, as suspected. In speaking with Premier Support, we dug through the CBS.log on a failed machine and confirmed it. In CBS, we traced the setup process to where drivers get installed and found a couple failures
(network, audio, etc.). Setup failed immediately after that process.

We were under the impression that our device drivers were current in SCCM, however they were not. In SCCM, we were ignoring driver import errors while using the Dell Command Deploy Utility for CABs. The errors were a result of the 2008 site server's inability
to recognize the newer Windows 8.1 drivers. We applied KB 2837108 and KB 2921916 to the site server and re-imported drivers. The sysprep error went away after this.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4e3d180c-149e-4677-b3d8-f294455f714f/sccm-windows-81-deployment-sysprep-could-not-parse-or-process-the-unattend-answer-file-for-pass?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 25.8%

The e-mail system on Win10 is terrible; it seems like half of it is missing.
Can I install WLM successfully, or won't it work with Win 10?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a0c8aa8-d230-419d-a74c-54b3192a04a7/will-windows-live-mail-2012-work-on-windows-10?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 28.81%

i have purchase windows server 2012 R2 Standard, it is showing Internet Explorer 11 but i want Internet explorer 10 for working, i want required Internet explorer 10, please support.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1430e555-f0d0-4054-9ddb-f0491e2f2566/internet-explorer-10-required-for-server-2012-r2-standard?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 28.81%

i have purchase "Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit" OS but Internet explorer (IE) 10 is not available, Pre-installed IE11. Internet explorer 10 is available in "Windows Server 2012 64-bit". so i want install, Internet Explorer 10, Can Microsoft
change/Replace Product key for "Windows Server 2012 64-bit"? i have invoice, Original DVD and Product Key.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c76ddd8a-e93d-42a2-9d0b-5492023a8a6c/windows-server-2012-r2-64bit-does-not-support-internet-explorer-10?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello,
I have a Windows 7 Ultimate workstation which has data encrypted with BitLocker.  I want to move this data to a Windows 2012 R2 server.  Do I need to un-encrypt the data beforehand or can I just move the data over to the server?
The data currently resides in an SQL environment on the workstation.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1e82aa56-861c-4e04-a109-81a63c0ffb3a/transferring-windows-7-encrypted-data-bitlocker-to-a-windows-2012-r2-server?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 29.67%

It's E3 time again and, as usual, the consoles are getting most of the attention. PC gamers weren't left out in the cold, though, there were plenty of great looking games shown off for our favorite platform--you just had to look a bit harder. Let us save you the trouble of seeking them out; read on for the 10 PC game trailers you've got to watch from E3 2012.

Read more at:
Maximum PC | The 10 Best PC Game Trailers from E3 2012

A:The 10 Best PC Game Trailers from E3 2012

"Watch Dogs", does anyone know the details for this game?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/296572-10-best-pc-game-trailers-e3-2012-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

From Diablo III to Fez to Mass Effect 3, these are the best video games from the first half of the year.

Read more at:
The Top 10 Games of 2012 (So Far) | PCWorld

A:The Top 10 Games of 2012 (So Far)

Originally Posted by Brink

From Diablo III to Fez to Mass Effect 3, these are the best video games from the first half of the year.

Read more at:
The Top 10 Games of 2012 (So Far) | PCWorld

Good thing that Mass effect is there. That's my favorite game of all time.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/296369-top-10-games-2012-so-far.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

I've been trying to spin up some VMs to test things and build up my comfort with other operating systems. However I've run into an issue getting Server 2012 R2 to work with Virtualbox.

Whenever I start the VM and it goes to install the OS from disc, I get the following errors:
0x0000001E
Parameters:
0xFFFFFFFF800000003
0xFFFFF80254DA8400
0x0000000000000000
0x000000

I've also attached the log files for both instances. None of the fixes I've found via Google have worked and I don't believe it's a hardware issue. I tried scaling up the RAM/Memory allotment for the VM, no change. My system has 16GB of RAM (only ~4 in use at the moment) and a respectable i5 CPU which should be enough and I've had no trouble running Win7 or Win8.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/126570-errors-installing-winserver-2012-r2-vritualbox.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012 is an office suite that offers a number of features for creating, viewing and editing personal and business documents. Kingsoft Office 2012 includes Kingsoft Writer, Kingsoft Presentation and Kingsoft Spreadsheet. These three reliable and versatile programs are perfect for both personal use at home and for professional businesses. They offer outstanding value at their listed cost compared to competing office programs.Click to expand...

What's new in Office Suite Free 2012

New: Automatic spell checker. A built-in spell checker will automatically proofread the text you enter as you create your documents.
New: Activate and update the software online.
Improved: A new and improved layout allows for much quicker document processing compared to previous versions. Editing the layout, finding and replacing words and inserting pictures are only some of the processes improved by the new layout.Click to expand...

Link

I can say its good as alternative to Microsoft Office. Yet its free which is a +1.

A:Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012

how is it compared to OpenOffice and Office?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/kingsoft-office-suite-free-2012.3487/
Relevancy 29.67%

FIXES amp IMPROVEMENTS Anti-Rootkit Fixed possible BSOD during installation of Anti-Rootkit driver Core Fixed issue with PUP excludes for registry keys Core Fixed issue with possible crash in cache server Documentation Included enhanced help file Email Scanner Fixed issue with Outlook addin crash Email Scanner Fixed problem with recognizing new e-mails in Outlook addin General Implemented new AVG Do-Not-Track feature General Rolled out log files are compressed on NTFS filesystem General Boot up time was significantly reduced General Reduced overall package size for online installation update using improved compression algorithm General Anti-Rootkit scan is now a part of the Whole computer scan General AVG scanning speed was increased significantly General Fixed problem in web SERVICE 2012.2126 AVG 1 PACK threat data collection Kernel Fixed crash in avgtray Kernel Fixed possible high watchdog CPU consumption on corrupted NTFS disks Online Shield Fixed issue with data corruption on cnet com Safe Search SearchShield updated for FireFox Safe Surf Fixed issue with Safe Surf crash Setup Added detection of Panda Cloud AV and Panda Internet Security AV Setup Spyware Terminator is now detected as a conflicting application Setup Invalid path for setting access rights will not cause a setup failure Setup Function of TargetInstallationPath parameter when there is AVG installed already was fixed Setup Zone Alarm is not detected as a conflicting application any more Setup If the detected selected language is not supported by the license used setup will switch to English automatically Setup AVG installer checks for the age of the existing installation package and downloads the up-to-date installation package Setup Minor arrangements were performed in AVG installer dialogs for easier navigation Setup Uninstall and AVG 2012.2126 SERVICE PACK 1 Maintenance AVG 2012.2126 SERVICE PACK 1 pages are joined now and offering more options e g Install PC Tuneup Update Convert to AVG Free Repair Add Remove features Uninstall Setup Fixed failure on writing to AVG configuration Setup Fixed problem with AVG installation over AVG Setup TargetInstallationPath parameter is correctly accepted by the installer Setup Avira Server Security is now detected as application blocking installation of AVG AVG 2012.2126 SERVICE PACK 1 User Interface AVG user interface graphics went through a massive facelift and some functional details has changed User Interface Fixed issue with possible crash while upgrading to a new version User Interface Fixed issue with incorrect file filtering within file browse dialog Russian localization User Interface Fixed incorrect focus after selecting multiline checkbox e g in LinkScanner component Click to expand Link Also applied on paid version nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avg-2012-2126-service-pack-1.6865/
Relevancy 28.38%

January AVG Service Pack Beta We re thrilled to announce new version of AVG Service Pack which contains various new features 1 2012 2 + - Vouchers Beta AVG Pack iPad an Service Amazon / Win Apple fixes in product performance This new version is now available for the Beta community feedback Full list of AVG 2012 - Service Pack 1 Beta 2 + Win an Apple iPad / Amazon Vouchers changes is available here See below Code AVG VERSION DESCRIPTION Product AVG Internet Security Version Service Pack FIXES amp IMPROVEMENTS AVG 2012 - Service Pack 1 Beta 2 + Win an Apple iPad / Amazon Vouchers Anti-Rootkit Fixed possible BSOD during installation of Anti-Rootkit driver AntiSpam Fixed possible freeze in e-mail client addins Core Fixed issue with PUP excludes for registry keys Core Fixed issue with AVG 2012 - Service Pack 1 Beta 2 + Win an Apple iPad / Amazon Vouchers possible crash in cache server Email Scanner AntiSpam performance improved Email Scanner Fixed issue with Outlook addin crash Firewall Fixed issue with possible leaks in TDI driver Firewall Fixed problem of wireless synchronization between Apple USB devices and iTunes General Rolled out log files are compressed on NTFS filesystem General Boot up time was significantly reduced General Reduced overall package size for online installation update using improved compression algorithm General Anti-Rootkit scan is now a part of the Whole computer scan General AVG scanning speed was increased significantly Kernel Fixed crash in avgtray Kernel Fixed possible high watchdog CPU consumption on corrupted NTFS disks Safe Surf Fixed issue with Safe Surf crash Setup Added detection of Panda Cloud AV and Panda Internet Security AV Setup Spyware Terminator is now detected as a conflicting application Setup Invalid path for setting access rights will not cause a setup failure Setup Function of TargetInstallationPath parameter when there is AVG installed already was fixed Setup Zone Alarm is not detected as a conflicting application any more Setup If the detected selected language is not supported by the license used setup will switch to English automatically Setup AVG installer checks for the age of the existing installation package and downloads the up-to-date installation package Setup Minor arrangements were performed in AVG installer dialogs for easier navigation Setup Uninstall and Maintenance pages are joined now and offering more options e g Install PC Tuneup Update Convert to AVG Free Repair Add Remove features Uninstall Setup Fixed failure on writing to AVG configuration Setup Fixed problem with AVG installation over AVG Setup TargetInstallationPath parameter is correctly accepted by the installer User Interface AVG user interface graphics went through a massive facelift and some functional details has changed User Interface Fixed issue with possible crash while upgrading to a new version User Interface Fixed issue with incorrect file filtering within file browse dialog Russian localization Your feedback is valuable to us Therefore those of you who will fill out feedback forms and submit bugs to us will be added to competition One lucky participant will receive Apple iPad and others will get vouchers for Amazon com purchases For T amp C click here Click to expand AVG Beta Source nbsp

A:AVG 2012 - Service Pack 1 Beta 2 + Win an Apple iPad / Amazon Vouchers

RE: AVG 2012 - Service Pack 1 Beta + Win an Apple iPad / Amazon Vouchers

A shame they chose iPads as prizes. Hardly worth it. Vouchers are nice if you can actually use them on purchases.

I still have my voucher I won at an ESET competition 2 years ago since nothing I wish to purchase on Amazon ships to Australia, Only thing I can buy is Ebooks. >Ebooks. What a joke.

* General: Boot up time was significantly reduced.

I will privately test to see if this is true, As I know from experience AVG increases boot up time by quite a bit. Thanks.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avg-2012-service-pack-1-beta-2-win-an-apple-ipad-amazon-vouchers.5712/
Relevancy 29.67%

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is trusted antivirus and antispyware protection for Windows available to download for free. In addition, the new included LinkScannerŪ Active Surf-Shield checks web pages for threats at the only time that matters - when you're about to click that link.

AVG Anti-Virus Free has these following features:

Award-winning antivirus and antispyware
Real-time safe internet surfing and searching
Quality proven by 80 million of users
Easy to download, install and use
Protection against viruses and spyware
Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is only available for single computer use for home and non commercial use.

This is the 32-bit version.

Change Log - Link.

Fixes & Improvements:

SafeSearch: SearchShield updated for FireFox 10.
SafeSurf: Fixed issue with SafeSurf crash.
Setup: Fixed issue with misleadingly displayed warning on "Firefox not being supported".
Update: Fixed problem with upgrade from AVG 2011 to AVG 2012.

Download.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avg-free-edition-2012-0-1913-32-bit.5950/
Relevancy 29.67%

New products released are-

AVG Anti-Virus FREE 2012
AVG Internet Security 2012
AVG Anti-Virus 2012

Whats New-

In AVG Anti-Virus 2012

AVG Advisor
30% fewer processes
50% faster scans
Takes up to 40% less memoryClick to expand...

In AVG Internet Security 2012

AVG Accelerator
AVG Advisor
30% fewer processes
50% faster scans
Takes up to 40% less memoryClick to expand...

Link --> Product/Download page

A:AVG 2012 products released

Cheers for the notice.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avg-2012-products-released.3355/
Relevancy 29.67%

New version of AVG products available for beta testing!

Dear Beta testers,
We?re excited to present you updated versions of core AVG products ? AVG Internet Security 2012, including Business products and management tools.
Test versions of the following products are now available for beta testing:
AVG Internet Security 2012 Beta
AVG Internet Security Business Edition 2012 Beta
AVG for E-mail Servers 2012 Beta
Remote Administration 2012 Beta

Further details about what?s new and what has changed is available inside AVG Beta Portal, accessible at:
http://beta.avg.com/
Note: To access Beta portal you will need to use your login ID, which is your registered e-mail address. Password recovery option is available at the login page if needed.

We?re looking forward to your participation in this testing project and your feedback is greatly welcome.
Thank you.
Jiri Tuma

AVG Beta Team

[email protected]

http://beta.avg.com/Click to expand...

[attachment=459]

A:AVG 2012 Beta Testing has started

Thanks Storm, Gonna test this tommorow.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avg-2012-beta-testing-has-started.2403/
Relevancy 28.81%

Have attempted to get Photo Gallery and Movie Maker on my Win 7 Pro computer. Installed Windows Essentials 2012 which is supposed to include these two programs. The only program that installs and shows up on the computer is Microsoft One Drive. Did a search of the computer but did not find either program. A number of websites discuss this problem and offer solutions. I've tried all of the solutions. None have worked for me. My computer specs are more than what is required for these two programs, so that isn't the problem. I'm beginning to wonder if these programs have been eliminated by Microsoft.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

A:Installed Windows Essentials 2012 but can't find Movie Maker

Get Movie Maker - Microsoft Windows

Movie Maker - Microsoft Windows

Try again, I know my daughter needed it for a school project and we only had to download the single program.

Getting started with Windows Movie Maker

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/387393-installed-windows-essentials-2012-but-cant-find-movie-maker.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Link

You will see that F-secure released the 2012 version bringing improvement from components and their newly Deepguard 4

A:F-secure 2012 Product Officially Released

Did you test the Beta james? and has anyone tried this final version at all... what's it like, what are your thoughts... never really used them to be honest. Been meaning to getting round to testing/playing with their offerings but too many programs to test, not enough spare time to do so hehe.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/f-secure-2012-product-officially-released.4339/
Relevancy 28.81%

Protecting the irreplaceable Our fast and easy-to-use software keeps viruses worms spyware and harmful Internet sites away from your computer You can explore F-Secure now Beta is for Security download 2012 Internet available the wonders of the web without a worry Keep viruses identity thieves and hackers away and enjoy the surf Please note that this beta software should F-Secure Internet Security 2012 Beta is now available for download not be used in production computers This beta is for test use only What s new in Internet Security Beta Improved User Experience - Keyless installation makes the installation as easy as possible All-new Launch pad offers an easy access point to all aspects of the solution Optimized for Mobile Broadband - Automatically optimizes the security solution s mobile broadband usage within home network and abroad roaming All-new Online Safety - Browsing Protection Web Filtering and Time Lock features are combined to one making the product powerful and easier to use Best Protection - Renewed Deepguard real-time protection network and other proactive methods provide protection against malware with sophisticated multilayered protection Benefits for beta testing participants A free six-month subscription during which you will automatically receive latest updates to the product An opportunity to influence the final product Rewards for best suggestions and for active feedback How to join the beta Sign up for the beta by creating an account to beta f-secure com Screenshots Video UI and settings nbsp

A:F-Secure Internet Security 2012 Beta is now available for download

RE: F-Secure Internet Security 2012 Beta is now available

The UI for the 2012 looks the same as the one for the 2011 product line ,nevertheless the UI is very easy to use and simple.
Looking at the changelog I can't see any new big features , the "Renewed Deepguard" looks promising though.

I have signed up and submitted a request to be a beta tester for F-Secure IS 2012.

Some screenshots :
[attachment=478]
[attachment=479]
[attachment=480]
[attachment=481]

The

https://malwaretips.com/threads/f-secure-internet-security-2012-beta-is-now-available-for-download.2491/
Relevancy 29.24%

Should I leave at default or should I tweak it?
I'm setting it up for a friend so what would be the best settings for novice users?

A:Best settings for GDATA internet security 2012?

When I last used it, left everything on default and it worked wonders for me. Don't know what other people will say though. :s

https://malwaretips.com/threads/best-settings-for-gdata-internet-security-2012.8511/
Relevancy 29.67%

New interface The product generation is accompanied by a new well-arranged and intuitive user interface All relevant information on the current security status virus signatures backup status line G 2012 - product Data and system load is available at a G Data 2012 - product line glance Configuration is leveraged through centralised G Data 2012 - product line availability of all module settings New Features in G Data Idle scan automatic virus check when user is inactive and the system is idle New on-execution monitor mode Cloud-Security amp File-Cloud-Check Larger fingerprinting database with less memory use Proactive protection from online banking trojans Improved Outlook add-in All vital information available at a glance in the redesigned G Data SecurityCentre Image-backup for full system backups and recovery available in G Data NotebookSecurity and G Data TotalCare You can find more details here You can download from here a trail for any G Data product Price for G-data Internet Security - - link hr The installer for G-Data IS is massive mb got to be one of the largest that I have ever seen Seems like they improved on the system impact so I just might give it try So did you try this new release What is you experience with G-data nbsp

A:G Data 2012 - product line

Screenshots :

G Data Internet Security 2012

[attachment=564]

[attachment=565]

[attachment=566]

[attachment=567]

https://malwaretips.com/threads/g-data-2012-product-line.2610/
Relevancy 29.67%

ADDED: Detection and removal of ZeroAccess/Sirefef services.exe variant.
More info in our blog.
ADDED: Detection of ASLR stripped files (cause by malware infection).
ADDED: Detection of TLS callback on system files (caused by malware infection).
IMPROVED: Removal of ZeroAccess/Sirefef related files and folders.
IMPROVED: Remnant scan.Click to expand...

Download

A:HitmanPro 3.6 Build 160 (2012-06-25)

Removal of ZeroAccess/Sirefef related files and folders.
ADDED: Detection and removal of ZeroAccess/Sirefef services.exe variant.Click to expand...

A very good news here as this rootkit is making more and more victims and it's very hard to remove.....Would be interesting to see if HitmanPro could actually remove a ZA rookit by itself....
Overall the guys from SurfRight are developing a great product (Love the force breach mode....and surely this is how I wish the Malwarebytes Chameleon will look like! )

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitmanpro-3-6-build-160-2012-06-25.8565/
Relevancy 28.81%

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Professional Malwarebytes tops the list once again with the professional Anti-Malware Top of Applications: Paid 2012 Beginning 5 edition of their flagship product Unlike the free edition the professional edition offers all the great things included in Top 5 Paid Anti-Malware Applications: Beginning of 2012 the free edition plus more It offers real-time protection against malware and malicious websites known to the Malwarebytes database as well as automatic updating and scanning When a executable file accesses memory it is scanned by Malwarebytes If malware is detected execution is suspended and the user is alerted The web blocking feature scans Top 5 Paid Anti-Malware Applications: Beginning of 2012 both inbound and outbound connections for known malicious IP addresses If one is detected Malwarebytes automatically terminates the connection and alerts the user with a simple bubble in the task bar Incremental updates keeps Malwarebytes up-to-date quicker allowing it to detect more malicious software These great features are complimented by its great price This is one of the main reasons Malwarebytes tops the list The user pays a one time fee and recieves updates for life This is a great compliment to any antivirus even if you are using a free one The only down side is that Malwarebytes can be little heavy on system resources and is not designed to run by itself Emsisoft Anti-Malware Emsisoft s paid anti-malware product is a fantastic option for someone looking for comprehensive protection without having Top 5 Paid Anti-Malware Applications: Beginning of 2012 to buy a full internet security suite It features both a signature based anti-malware engine as well a behavior blocker The signature engine is powered by Ikarus a antivirus company known for their high detection rate Behavior blocking is operated by Mamutu a comprehensive zero-day solution that can block even the most advanced malware The program is a snap to navigate and use Even behavior alerts are easy to read and understand making the decision of what to do with the malicious file easy The down side to this application is that is does not provide network intrusion prevention like most anti-malware solutions Panda Global Protection Panda s top of the line product sure lives up to its title This solution can provide comprehensive protection without bogging down your system and hogging your resources Signature based detection is extremely impressive Powered by Panda s collective intelligence and cloud based scanning it can protect a user from malicious intrusions quicker than most internet security suites The user interface is appealing to the eye and a breeze to navigate Memory usage is impressive for an internet security package since the program uses cloud based technology The down side to the product is that zero day protection could use a little improvement Kaspersky Internet Security Kaspersky s latest release of their internet security package puts them in the running once again It is a vast improvement over the version With Kaspersky s anti-malware engine the program provides all the protection that one would want or need It includes a firewall parental controls and a HIPS engine Used properly Kaspersky can crush almost any malware that tries to intrude on your system It can also protect your family and kids from inappropriate websites The one down side to this solution is memory usage can a bit high VirusBuster Internet Security For the first time VirusBuster makes the list In the latest review VirusBuster performed well above Malware Geek expectations It s HIPS engine was responsive and was able to stop malware from intruding on the system When the program did have a signature it blocked the malware before it could damage Not necssarily a viable option for an experienced user it works extremely well for those who need solid protection without paying an enormous price The one down side to this application is that is does need work on sign... Read more

A:Top 5 Paid Anti-Malware Applications: Beginning of 2012

Any source for this article ?

eXp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/top-5-paid-anti-malware-applications-beginning-of-2012.7869/