Windows Support Forum

Refurbished T410 Windows flakey

Q: Refurbished T410 Windows flakey

A friend dropped off a T410 system. Windows is flakey and locks up after about 5 minutes. Ran the HD test program in the BIOS. It finished but gave me a bunch of 0000 Read verification errors though the controller tested fine. What I'd like to do is format the Windows partition and re-install. But I don't have Windows disks (there is a COA sticker for Windows 7 Home Premium 64). Can I build a set of recovery disks from this system? Even if Windows won't run? Any info would be a great help. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Refurbished-T410-Windows-flakey/td-p/3379948
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Refurbished T410 Windows flakey

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi Guys nbsp I need your help here I bought a refurbished T in Oct from Newegg It has a Win professional Today when I turned on the computer it first give out a brief it 15. bought in a has refurbished. t410 ... Oct. Now Thinkpad then it gave out a brief green screen Finally it will stay on a 'black' screen It seems that my screen is 'good' since it first has very briefly Thinkpad Recnetly I have downloaded software which I supspect it has virus on it Also to day before t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... I turned the computer t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... off I changed the computer time to Jun I am not sure if these activities are related to my 'black' screen nbsp I later connected a external display and I could do everything on it my external display is good nbsp Lenovo 'black' screen external display is working when the computer is turned on 'Thinkpad' briefly showed up then a brief green screen then goes to 'black' nbsp Please give me your advices Thanks nbsp Dan nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/t410-refurbished-bought-in-Oct-15-Now-it-has-a-black-screen/td-p/3338506
Relevancy 58.91%

We have 3 computers connected by cat-5 and a laptop connecting wirelessly, all running Win 7.
Lately my laptop is having really weird network problems, I installed the latest drive for my wireless network adapter, right after that I rebooted and saw all the other computers, could access the HD's etc.
Then 30 minutes later I could only access 1 or 2, then none till I ping them, then I can access that computer, I need to ping them to get access to them on the NW, then if I try again in a few minutes I have no access again till I ping them.

Anyone heard of this before, what's the fix? (It's driving me nuts)

Relevancy 58.05%

On very many occasions I search for things in the search bar which I know are there are they do not appear Eg exe Windows Explorer Flakey Search Bar Some items in sub folders which match the pattern exe do not Windows Explorer Search Bar Flakey appear Eg sometext Some Windows Explorer Search Bar Flakey items in sub folders which contain the text do not appear often these are files without extensions but the search facility does not make it clear that these are excluded or provide a way to guarentee their inclusion The green progression bar does not always appear so one does not always know when a search is complete When one orders by for example type the search begins all over again Not all the filter types described in the help apear when you click in the search box for example filter by 'Type' Does any one know how to resolve these issues Does any one know if Win provides a proper advanced search dialog which enables a clear and unambiguous search request with consistently accurate results If no the amp can any one recommend an alternative search tool I am not overly concered about indexing I am prepared to wait for most of my searches my main concern is clarity and accuracy something which according to my understanding and experience Win does not provide

A:Windows Explorer Search Bar Flakey

Quote: Originally Posted by hardya

Not all the filter types described in the help apear when you click in the search box, for example filter by 'Type'.

Some idiot decided that the apparent drop-down list, should actually be horizontal instead of vertical!

In the "Library", make the "Search" box wider to see more options (click on the thumbnail for an animation).
I think you may need "Indexing" running, to see all of the options in other locations.
I have it "Indexing" off and I only get 2 options listed in other folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/217236-windows-explorer-search-bar-flakey.html
Relevancy 53.32%

On T410 upgraded Windows 10 32bit op sys to 64 bit and Epson projector no longer works.   Worked flawlessly and effortlessly prior to upgrade to 64 bit.  Help? thankshal mann

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-64-bit-projector/td-p/3464149
Relevancy 52.46%

Good afternoon all nbsp While I have researched the heck out of this issue I have not been able to come up with anything useful I have been having this ongoing problem with my Lenovo 10) Above T410 Battery - (Windows 74% Not Charging T laptop and the battery charging above Sometimes the charging light will turn amber sometimes it will stay green with a random quick flash here and there I'm trying T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% to determine for a fact if the battery I have is not functioning or if it's something else T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% causing it Below are the steps I've taken to troubleshoot nbsp Completely discharged battery and recharged with laptop off Reseated battery and attempted to remove dust from battery connection port Checked Windows registry for settings regarding charging actions at certain percentages This was initially upgraded to Win - Fully remove Lenovo Power Manager from machine Verify using HWInfo that it appears the battery health is good can provide image if requested Completely reformatted and fresh installed Windows There may be a step or two I have forgotten but if someone asks I'll let you know if I did it or not I would love to get this fixed as the laptop serves my purposes other than having a fully charged battery If there's a surefire way to know factually if it's the battery then I'll go ahead and replace it Thanks all

A:T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74%

Have you tried recalibrating the battery? Open Lenovo Power Manager -> switch to advanced -> Battery -> Battery Maintenance -> Perform Reset. It will take a lot of time to complete, don't remove AC power while this is running. Let it run while you are sleeping or something similar so that you won't have to interrupt the process.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-Battery-Not-Charging-Above-74/td-p/3373420
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a T with Windows risky? ThinkPad 10 T410 to Windows Is upgrading Professional which Microsoft invited to upgrade to Win In preparing the computer for Win a message indicated that some functions would not work I did not realize that in taking the next step whateve that was at the time it would gto ahead with the upgrade I found that the offer to choose when to upgrade was a choice of three different pre-assigned days I had to turn Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? off the computer to stop the upgrade there was no other way I tried Task Manager Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? Process Explorer Alt F etc Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? Now it is just reserved and waiting nbsp My concerns are nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -will an upgrade result in a Windows Professional or will distinctions between Home and Profesional be lost nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -the preparation process indicated that Intel PROSet Wireless would have to be re-installed As best as I can understand from the Intel site the wireless adaptor Intel Centrino Advanced-N AGN in the T is not supported in Win The Intel site said to go to the manufacturer Will Lenovo have an update for this nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -Intel PROSet Wireless may not be critical to me but a wireless driver will be Will the T wireless function still function nbsp Has anyone had experience with the T moving to Win nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky?

Hi and welcome, ssumOfficially, upgrade to the win10 on the T410 isn't supported:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103535- win10 reduction matches the source OS.- definitely, Lenovo will not update the win10 drivers for the Intel 6200 itself, it's a deal of the Intel. But as you noticed there are no upgrades toohttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59470/Intel-Centrino-Advanced-N-6200-Dual-Band- win8/10 manages wireles features from the metro app (Lenovo Settings, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/lenovo-settings/9wzdncrfj12p#app-details) and Charms. For metro app some drivers are needed:http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t41...Note there are not only win10 incompatible laptop components, but applications also.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Is-upgrading-ThinkPad-T410-to-Windows-10-risky/td-p/2176212
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, is anyone else experiencing daily video accelerator crashing on T410 Windows 10?  I have two units and they both crash after resuming the display after auto screen turn off.  I have tried all the suggestions online from all over the web and nothing works.  I hope that Lenovo will do something about this.  Or, does anyone know how to stop this annoyance?  Many thanks.

A:T410 Windows 10 Intel Video Driver Crashing

Welcome Gigglez

1. Is your T410 comes with only Intel GPU or both Intel / NVIDIA Optimus?

2. Is your existing drivers installed automatically by Windows or is it downloaded and installed from Lenovo Support?3. You could download and install a newer version of Intel HD Drivers*. Download and install NVIDIA driver also if it comes with it.*As T410 is already more than 5 years old, Intel and Lenovo may not provide supports and newer drivers to match newer version of Windows.If this 3 steps does not resolve your problem, you may have to revert your T410 to Windows 7. 
PeterThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 
Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee
=====================================
List of Sound Enhancement Thread
W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-Intel-Video-Driver-Crashing/td-p/3303079
Relevancy 49.88%

Lately my PC has been running slower than usual, loading into windows takes 3-minutes which is really frustrating. So I'm looking to Wipe my PC and Reinstall windows altogether. Windows itself is ?67 but I've saw a refurbished version which is around ?35 which is a huge difference for me. So i'm wondering what is the difference when purchasing refurbed version and will i run into unusual problems.

This is the refurbed version - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Professional-Refurbisch...

A:Windows 7 refurbished

You don't have install media or a factory recovery partition?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379852-windows-7-refurbished.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Basically I am just building my new pc and need to get a copy of windows 7. I plan to get windows 7 home premium 64-bit OEM edition. When i went to buy it for 73 i noticed there was a link advertising it for 43. This is from Amazon. The only difference i can see is that this one is refurbished. Just wondering what this means, since it only has one use so how can it be refurbished? does it mean they have just re-used an old disc and got a new product key for it? is this legit or is i better to get the full price new version? thanks for any help.

A:Refurbished windows 7 question

A refurbished OEM would be illegal since the OEM version cannot legally be re-used as it is tied to the specific hardware.
I would steer well clear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/refurbished-windows-7-question.1070077/
Relevancy 49.45%

I bought a refurbished windows 7 computer and after the set up i went on internet explorer to download a better browser and then a coloured screen appeared so i had to hold in the power button and start it up again and then it did it again please help urgent.

A:Refurbished windows 7 computer

We are going to need more info. what is the make/model of the pc and what version of 7 is on there? Where did you purchase it from? What did the error state?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/refurbished-windows-7-computer.1158092/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

There was a garage sale and this person was selling this desktop for free.

It came with OEM (I believe, because it had the sticker saying this was designed for XP, and booted to XP) with XP, and I also got a windows 7 install ISO from Microsoft Tech Support awhile back for a different problem. I used that ISO to install, and i'm currently running unactivated.

The product key for XP doesn't work.

The product key that magical jelly bean found says it's default.

The product key that was actually designed for this ISO didn't work either.

What can I do about this? With buying a licence being last.

Willing to try other options...

A:Refurbished PC Windows 7, problems.

You can try contacting Microsoft to see if they will activate it. If not, you are most likely looking at purchasing a license (if you can).

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396501-refurbished-pc-windows-7-problems.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Back story if you want to know why A friend of mine bought this computer with Windows then changed so much stuff for lack of a better word that Windows DVD Maker opened instead of ANYTHING else you clicked on unless you Right Click gt Run in Sandbox mode the program never seen this option before Also I was unable to install any programs or uninstall in programs So re-install Windows is my default move when I don't know what else to do What I did I read Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows I made a bootable USB with Windows USB DVD Download Tool and Windows Professional x SP old X - iso from Windows Direct Download Links Official Disk Images from Digital River What happened The Windows Pro Refurbished PCs OEM Software sticker on the laptop doesn't have a Product Key on it There is a reinstall PCs Refurbished Windows Pro 7 Windows XP Professional sticker also on the bottom this Product Key obviously didn't work either but I tried it Currently running Windows 7 Pro Refurbished PCs reinstall Windows Pro but not activated What I want to do Get Win activated What I wish I would Windows 7 Pro Refurbished PCs reinstall have done Got a Diagnostic Report BEFORE I re-installed Win Windows 7 Pro Refurbished PCs reinstall What I'm thinking about doing Trying to install Windows XP with the Product Key Computer Model Latitude D BIOS Vendor Dell Inc BIOS Version DELL - d BIOS Date OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -CM G-RPHKF-PW Windows Product Key Hash BRYMECVaSXedfumfu zryHJVY Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID D FFD AB- CBD- AC - F - AB ADA E B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp rtm - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D FFD AB- CBD- AC - F - AB ADA E B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -PW lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Latitude D lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt AC B FA lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt i... Read more

A:Windows 7 Pro Refurbished PCs reinstall

The installed Product Key is the Default Key for Win7 Pro - and can never be activated.
What EXACTLY does the refurbisher's sticker say?
Most refurbishers are required to affix a proper COA sticker for the new OS alongside the old - and this should have the full Product Key on it. Many others with so-called 'refurbisher's stickers' on are in fact counterfeits.

Check inside the battery compartment - the COA sticker may be there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/324703-windows-7-pro-refurbished-pcs-reinstall.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an acer laptop with windows 7. I use a wired mouse plugged into my usb port because I don't like the mousepad.
The mouse works fine for a half hour or so and then dies on me. I tried all 3 ports but they're all dead. When I reboot they all come alive again but die again after another 20 minutes or so

Any suggestion ?

Jim in Canada

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello This Anything About Is Flakey Log? Thre everyone Here is a fresh HijackThis log file Is there anything here that should be removed or Is Thre Anything Flakey About This Log? looks suspicious Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files ClocX ClocX exeC Program Files Iconoid iconoid exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeE Paint Shop Pro Psp exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Anti Scumware programs HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dslR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dslR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions presentO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c progr... Read more

A:Is Thre Anything Flakey About This Log?

Hello fizixx!The log is looking clean. One entry needs to be confirmed with you though, did you add this yourself using SpyBot search and Destroy? They are just Internet Explorer Restrictions, and were probably set by you, but it is possible for malware to create these restrictions.O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions presentPlease let me know...David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48614/is-thre-anything-flakey-about-this-log/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Tech Team So I got sent a refurbished HP Compaq nc last week It had Windows XP Pro already installed and also came with a Pro a A refurbished with HP couple w/Windows XP of problems backup disk But right away A couple of problems with a refurbished HP w/Windows XP Pro I noticed that there were some things wrong Again I A couple of problems with a refurbished HP w/Windows XP Pro m not very tech savvy but I will explain as best I can to come off like I am For A couple of problems with a refurbished HP w/Windows XP Pro one thing some windows would pop up just off the screen like the EQ window in VLC Media Player and I would have to drag maximize them I was told on another forum that it looks as though my computer was previously set up as a dual monitor situation But they never really gave me a remedy to fix this I checked under monitors on the desktop and made sure that the primary monitor was and that was inactive but this problem still persists But this is the smaller problem The larger problem is that sound only comes out of the right speaker I fiddled with all of the sound options on the control panel No change I googled this problem and found a lot of similar complaints just like this but no real solution I called HP headquarters and they told me to uninstall reinstall Soundmax I did that But still- nothing Just sound from the right speaker When I plug in my headphones the left and right play fine Since the complaints on google are several years old I was wondering if there was a simple solution that I may have overlooked Thanks and also if you guys know of any efficient ways to accelerate boost bandwidth speed please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I bought a used Dell Desktop computer from Dell a few years back. As advertized, it did not come with any software/OS installed or OS disc and I was fine with that because I had a copy of Vista I previously purchased. However when I received it, it had a Windows 7 COA stuck to it. Fast forward to today, I would like to put Windows 7 on the computer. Trying to understand what, if any, rights I have to use the license key.

It's an unusual situation and I can't seem to find a straight answer. Don't know that I will, but thought to put it out there to see if anyone had any thoughts/ideas.

Thanks.

A:Refurbished Dell with Windows 7 COA but no software.

A Windows 7 COA gives you the activation key for exactly the copy of Windows 7 as specified on the sticker.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/391590-refurbished-dell-windows-7-coa-but-no-software.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Just curious if any Pros Or Cons ?? I'm about to Reboot my Computer in my quest clear out whatever is preventing me from taking Updates without Failure or Error Codes...I just recently purchased a Refurbished Dell that came with the Windows 7 Pro Operating System...The label on the CD that came with the Dell has the Microsoft Logo and Refurbished Windows 7 Pro printed on it as well... Pardon my Computer Illiteracy but I just want to make sure that I can Safely Reboot my Computer with this CD ?? Thanks

A:Refurbished Windows 7 Pro Operating System.....

As long as the Product Key on the COA sticker is still readable you can use the latest Win7 installer with SP1 for your licensed version provided here to get a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Pay close attention to how drivers are handled in Win7 and the Special Note for Dell Owners at the end of the tutorial. I would run the Delll bootable Diagnostics now to check over the hardware first, then if it runs only save that partition since Recovery won't run after reinstall. Dell Diagnostics Utility - How to Run the . If Diagnostics won't run the delete all partitions during the install.

Ask back any questons you have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305709-refurbished-windows-7-pro-operating-system.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Greetings, I just got a refurbished Pavilion laptop. It came with Windows 10 pre-loaded and is in perfect working condition, but they stripped all stickers from it, including the one with the Windows license key. If I purchase the recovery media from HP, will it have the license key, and will it work on my laptop?   I'm awaiting a callback from the refurbisher's customer service department to see if I can get a key from them (I just called a few minutes ago). For the price I paid, I don't mind doing a little legwork to take care of this (including purchasing a new copy of Windows, although I'd rather not if I can avoid it).

A:Refurbished Laptop with no Windows License Key

@G-Rock77? If the notebook is a model that is only a few years old, then the license activation key is actually in the BIOS.   Since the 17-121gw notebook is a 2015 model, that is where the license  activation key will be, unless the refurbisher cleared the HP Factory  Default keys. Windows COA stickers have not been used for a few years on HP desktop and notebook PCs. Check in the BIOS. See the image below. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Refurbished-Laptop-with-no-Windows-License-Key/td-p/5594907
Relevancy 49.02%

Looking for new (second hand) Lenovo laptop on ebay a seller has told me when I queried - the Windows and Office versions and how I could reinstall in case of a crash

"Yes I can confirm the windows 7 and office 2007 are licensed. The windows 7 is an ultimate version which is a volume upgrade license(several volume upgrades) and hence I can't give out serial keys or media for both the software"

I thought the COA normally on the laptop base and its registration number was required in case of a reinstall.

Anyone know the current legal / Miscrosoft rules on this?

Cheers Chris

A:Windows 7 on refurbished hardware - what is legal

Dont buy Licenses from eBay. Volume licenses are for large corporations that have purchased site lic and if you ever need support you may not be able to get it with one of those.

Buyer be ware on eBay

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219253-windows-7-refurbished-hardware-what-legal.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I am trying to fix a computer for a friend that was dug out of storage and the password forgotten.  After I couldn't reset the password or otherwise gain access to it, I decided to reformat and install the OS fresh.  Upon installation, the product key on the side of the computer is invalid.  There are two CoAs on the computer, one, seemingly the original, that is marked DO NOT USE, and another that is marked refurbished.  I tried the serial on the refurbished sticker first, but neither one works.

I read somehwere in the endless sea of nonsense about such an issue, and one theory was stated as Microsoft 'negated' the refurbished product keys for some reason or another.  The thread was so old that the link provided as proof didn't work anymore.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?  I believe I may have bricked this apparatus.

A:Windows XP Pro refurbished computer activation

Hello, and Welcome

You need to activate by phone. If that does not work you can call this number (U.S. only) and keep trying until you get a live person. Explain the problem and the two COA stickers.

Win (888) 571-2048

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566079/windows-xp-pro-refurbished-computer-activation/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a wireless mouse that has a mind of its own It is a Logitech Performance MX mouse The mouse acts normally for a few minutes and then jumps all over the place and it is frustrating and hard to control Sometimes it even gets temporarily stuck in position Then it seems to quot snap to quot and act normally I replaced the mouse Flakey, A Erratic Mouse with a wireless Microsoft mouse and exactly the same symptoms prevailed I changed ports for the antenna I reinstalled the Logitech mouse software and I brainstormed the issue via Google But the problem persists It definitely appears to be an quot internal quot problem Is there a system setting that could be affecting it some interfering software what I had a similar problem a few years ago and it seemed A Flakey, Erratic Mouse to correct itself by itself and I never discovered what was causing the jumping and lagging Has anyone else experienced this mysterious erratic behavior I would appreciate any suggestions to fix the issue Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB A Flakey, Erratic Mouse L Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB N Total - MB Free - MB O Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION A Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I m WVX to files flakey? Linking currently trying to stream a webcam live The problem Linking to WVX files flakey? is linking to the WVX file I m using to stream is flakey Here is the code- Code lt object width quot quot height quot quot gt lt param name quot movie quot value quot URL http www URL com stream wvx quot gt lt param gt lt param URL name quot allowFullScreen quot value quot true quot gt lt param gt lt embed src quot URL http www URL com stream wvx URL quot type quot application x-oleobject quot allowfullscreen quot true quot Linking to WVX files flakey? width quot quot height quot quot gt lt embed gt lt object gt Basically it just links to the stream wvx file on our server Sometimes it works sometimes it won t I edited the url of our website because I ve had bandwidth problems because jerks all start linking to our site and try to hack it But basically the stream wvx file looks like this- Code lt ASX version quot quot gt lt Entry gt lt Ref href quot mms quot gt lt Entry gt lt ASX gt I ve edited the IP and the IP is dynamic so don t bother trying to hack it This all runs through the Tincam software Something of interest is that if I open the stream wvx file on the server by just putting the URL com stream wvx in the url bar it opens windows media player and runs the live stream but it only sometimes shows up on the link We want to link it so that we can have a small embedded player on our site Any info would be great thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-to-wvx-files-flakey.740100/
Relevancy 48.59%

I had purchased a refurbished Dell latitude laptop computer from online years ago In general system properties it has Microsoft Windows XP professional version service pack Computer has an intel pentium III processor GHz MB of RAM The windows xp pro was already pre loaded so it was a computer delivered in a box with quot no other quot info etc After many years of use and loaded up memory I want to first know how to get a startup disk from what is already installed on my laptop xp pro Then how do I eliminate all the old to start fresh And where and how does the installation disk get reloaded on to a fresh computer I have been researching all of this for a couple of day s and loaded my how comp., was do ... professional pre refurbished windows xp I on my you only get a little part of each question answered The computer is otherwise useless if you can t help So anyone that can give me any answers or even a little guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks Featherwood nbsp

A:my windows xp professional was pre loaded on my refurbished comp., how do I ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-windows-xp-professional-was-pre-loaded-on-my-refurbished-comp-how-do-i.998062/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just received the Aspire E15 today, and there are 2 major issues. First, it is supposed to have 500 GB and from what we can tell, it only has 28.5. The second is that windows 10 wont activate. I have tried to contact support at phone number and email, but i have not received any response. Need help ASAP!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/New-Refurbished-Aspire-E15-Windows-10-Wont-Activate-amp-Only-has/td-p/433345/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi
I have a windows 7 HP DC 7700 pentium D Desktop PC with a licence for refurbished PC's.
I recently took advantage of the free upgrade to windows 10, and I have now decided that I would like to return to windows 7, but unfortunately I have gone past the 30 day period when I can reverse back to Windows 7.
The computer has an XP sticker with a traditional key, and a Windows 7 sticker with unusual keys.

My windows 7 licence sticker on my computer does not look like a key that I am familiar with, it is as follows;

Windows 7 home premium for refurbished PC?s
OEM Software
XXX-NNNNN
Do not tamper with or remove this label
XNN-NNNNN
NNNNN-NNN-NNN-NNN

I have a Windows 7 install disk, will any of the above keys allow me to activate my machine back to windows 7, they just don't look the same format keys that I am used to.
HELP!
Kind regards
Alan Woodward

A:windows 7 home premium licence for refurbished PC's

Your key is a 25 digit code in groups of 5

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/384894-windows-7-home-premium-licence-refurbished-pcs.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am more of a novice with this subject pc and tech stuff so forgive me if I am doing this wrong windows refurbished 10 model 15-f272wm laptop I windows 10 refurbished laptop model 15-f272wm bought a refurbished HP laptop or is windows 10 refurbished laptop model 15-f272wm it now called notebook Plugged it in wifi came windows 10 refurbished laptop model 15-f272wm on no problem I didn't get any book or paper info Probably cause refurbished So I get on the blue HP screen and it wants a name and password before anything else I filled it out I tried to scroll down wouldn't go Tried enter and backspace and almost every key when it froze on HP sign in Using a Vista to send this message I don't think I am locked out cause can't log in If anyone can tell me what simple move do I make to continue set up Is it possible such as enter button is damaged nbsp Should there be a next in a box that I ckick on nbsp is it down lower on screen Then how do I get the page to scroll down Any help appreciated Don't even know if it has a warranty Usually a great consumer except for mecahnical and internet pc Apreciate if there an answer Spoiler Highlight to read nbsp nbsp nbsp Solved View Solution

A:windows 10 refurbished laptop model 15-f272wm

If the laptop / notebook is refurbished, can I assume you have no user data or user profile on this system yet?If the answer is no, then try the following: On powering on the laptop, as the blue HP POST screen pops up, press the "F11" key on the keyboard a few times. (You may have to power the system off by holding the power button for 5 seconds and trying again if you don't get the screen the first time). This should take you to the HP System Recovery Screen. If this doesn't work some systems us the "ESC" key in the top left corner of the keyboard instead. Once you enter HP System Recovery you should be able to follow the prompts to do a full factory restore of the system. Please note: This will erase all data and user profiles from the laptop, including the user profile that you can't login to, as you don't seem to have the correct username and password available. This process will take about 1 to 2 hours, so be patient.Here is a link to a HP site that explains exactly how to run Factory Restore:http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02638587 Once the system restore is done, and it powers back on, it should take you back to the "Out of Box Experience" or OOBE for short.  This will take you through setting up the system with your own user profile and installing factory software and drivers for the first time.The OOBE usually takes about 20 ~ 30 mins in windows 10. When you get to the screen asking you to create a Microsoft Account to login with, you can either create a new Microsoft Account if you wish, or use an existing one. If you currently have no internet connection and are doing this "offline" then I'd suggest that you choose the "Next" option without filling in a username and password. The next screen will then ask you if you want to create an "Offline User Account" this is a great idea if the system isn't going to be connected to the internet constantly, such as if you use a mobile broadband device like your mobile phone to provide internet, instead of an always on system like ADSL over wifi. If you get stuck, message back with specifics and I'll answer where I can.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/windows-10-refurbished-laptop-model-15-f272wm/td-p/5693015
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I turned on my refurbished computer and the power got cut off before I could finish setting up as per the instructions that were sent with it. Now it is stuck on a screen that says the account is disabled, contact your administrator. There is only an OK button and it does nothing. There is NO power button so I can't do shift+restart, window button + R doesn't do anything and I've tried everything to start in safe mode to no avail.... Please help!

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/64273-failed-windows-10-setup-refurbished-computer.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an HP Elite 8000 and a drive I need to run XP on. I picked up some password protected surplus drives from Ebay along with a fresh install of XP.

It wont install over the Windows 7 drives. I end up with a blue screen (I'd love to post a pic, but its asking for a URL and the pic is on my computer. How can I get the pic to show up on this thread?)

It warns that therey be a virus on the drive to be overwritten.

It also suggests running chkdsk/F. How would this be done? I cannot access the pasword protected drive.

We DID manage to install Linux Unbutu 8.4 on one disk but universally, we cannot connect to the internet, regardless of HD or operating system.

ANy way to fix this stuff?

A:XP for refurbished PCs wont overwrite Windows 7 or Linux

when does the blue screen show up, how far along the process do you get in the XP install?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539715/xp-for-refurbished-pcs-wont-overwrite-windows-7-or-linux/
Relevancy 48.59%

HI I re-installed W onto a new SSD and have issues with my wireless connectivity I have a ralink n wireless lan card with driver from Device manager doesn't seem to show me the model number I use usenet so can normally max out my broadband connection but re-install network after wireless flakey what i'm seeing is my computer struggling to reach the full down load speed and failing to maintain a constant wireless network flakey after re-install speed sometimes dropping out wireless network flakey after re-install completely for up to a minute I have a VPN wireless network flakey after re-install set up so can normally get round any ISP traffic shaping I also struggle to watch you tube video at p on my desktop but can stream them at p on my lap top from the same room I've tried turning off the VPN and firewall on my desktop to rule them out but it doesn't seem to have an effect So hopefully I've singled out the wireless card is ther anything else it could be I've updated my wireless driver to v using the files on the ralink website buts its not solved the issue Any advice or help Thanks Andy

A:wireless network flakey after re-install

Is this a laptop or desktop? Model #?
Is this a built in wireless adapter, or an add on card?

If it is built in then you should use drivers offered by the laptop or motherboard manufacturer.

If it is an add on card, then I would uninstall the card from device manager, remove any related software, reboot without card physically installed and check for any file remnants, then reinstall the card following the manufacturer's instructions to the letter. In some brands it is important to install the software and drivers first, then shut down and install the card, and restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278216-wireless-network-flakey-after-re-install.html
Relevancy 48.59%

For about a week or so I have been DSL Flakey Connection Solved: Line having serious problems with my DSL line At about every morning my connection Solved: Flakey DSL Line Connection will drop every few minutes for anything from a few seconds to a few minutes and Solved: Flakey DSL Line Connection then come back This Solved: Flakey DSL Line Connection happens every few minutes until late morning lunchtime when it appears to stabilise and is then rock-solid for the rest of the day Nothing has changed that might account for this behaviour no new software no new electrical equipment in the house no change of location of the computer or router wireless I suspect a problem with my ISP but I need to gather evidence What I am looking for is a simple utility that I can leave running permanently on the machine that simply monitors the connection notifies me via an on-screen alert when the line goes down or comes back up and preferably logs these state changes to a file I don t need fancy charts and I am not particularly interested in checking the speed of the connection - just it s presence Does anyone know of a suitable beast that will perform these operations nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Six USB flash drives not working correctly Sandisk Cruiser Gb amp OCZ Rally Turbo Gb Symptoms with acting one flakey, not flash is Two drives Sandisk Cruiser are as follows SanDisk Cruzer Contour The drive isn t seen Two flash drives acting flakey, one is not at all in Disk Manager The drive is seen in explorer but the used space is and the free space is If I uninstall the Cruzer Contour USB Device and reinsert it I can see it in Disk Manager and explorer I can access the files a short while but it is SLOW and freezes the system and then the drive disappears once again from Disk Manager and explorer shows used space is and the free space is The drive has been low level formatted on another computer Disk manager was used to recreate partition and format Applications were installed on another computer The flash drive works on the other computer The above occurs on any open ports I have while the USB keyboard and Logitech G are connected and function properly No errors in Device Manager for Hubs Root Hubs etc My Ironkey Gb USB flash drive works on both computers without any problems OCZ Rally Turbo Upon insertion often the OCZ flash drive will go from seen to unseen then back to being detected The drive IS seen in Disk Manager and shows Healthy The drive IS seen in explorer The drive is incredibly slow accessing anything on the device and freezes the explorer while waiting for the application to load The flash drive works in the other computer The OCZ Rally Turbo has been checked on any available USB port with the same results Any type of error scan run on the drive causes it to freeze then explorer and Disk do not see the flash drive anymore No errors in Device Manager for Hubs Root Hubs etc My Ironkey Gb USB flash drive works on both computers without any problems Problematic PC Hardware inventory CPU Intel Ghz not overclocked Motherboard DFI Lanparty P-T Optical Drv Lite-on DVDRW LH- A P Hard Drives WD AHFD- RAR Raptor Gb ware RAID disk array of Gb drives Power Supply PC Power amp Cooling Turbo-Cool SLI rail voltages v and v under load observed RAM GB matched OCZ EL DDR PC- Platinum VideoCard EVGA GS AGP Cooling Water Swiftech MCP DD Black Ice Xtreme II Dual mm Apogee Extreme CPU block DD Low profile Maze Sound E-MU DAS Mouse Logitech G connected to hub port Keyboard Fatality USB Printer HP USB Operating System Just reloaded less than a days ago Windows XP Pro SP Chipset INF drivers were loaded from manufactures website Latest BIOS is installed AwardBIOS v PG Well that s about it Took me almost an hour to compile this message There is really no other information needed Like I said the Ironkey works on this system There is two more items to mention I attempted to access the flash disks in Safe Mode and the same thing occurred except with the Ironkey of course and I use USBView to view installed non-installed USB devices Later Mates absentem laedit cum ebrio qui litigat nbsp

A:Two flash drives acting flakey, one is not

"Absentem laedit cum ebrio qui litigat"...
To quarrel with a drunk, is to wrong a man who is not even there

Long post, have to tested these on other computers? Looks like you have a box full of bad flash drives

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-flash-drives-acting-flakey-one-is-not.132314/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Dell Dimension with MB RAM that has an apparent adware or some other bugaboo infection that I believe is hurting system performance and causing MS Word to crash When using Internet Explorer some adware baddie is putting shortcuts on the desktop This machine is running Adware & Flakey Help Removal MS Word Win SP and MS Word It has all current Windows Updates downloaded and installed The hijackthis log is appended below Thanks in advance for your help --ctoddr Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved Adware Removal & Flakey MS Word Help at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C Adware Removal & Flakey MS Word Help WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard nhksrv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe C WINNT system cdosys exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINNT system ACSETUPC exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard mmusbkb exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard TrayMon exe C Program Files Netropa Onscreen Display OSD exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C WINNT system SearchBar htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Dsi C WINNT system dp-him exe O - HKLM Run runbin C WINNT system ReinstallBackups runbin exe O - HKLM Run d a C WINNT system cdosys exe O - HKLM Run ad C WINNT AppPatch ad exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run b fa ec C WINNT system ACSETUPC exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run mprapi C WINNT system mprapi exe O - HKCU Run mswdat C WINNT system mswdat exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra conte... Read more

A:Adware Removal & Flakey MS Word Help

Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ (W2K/XP Only)
Install ewido.
Run the application
Clickon scanner
then select the "Settings" tab.
Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Delete".
Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
When the scan is finished, Set all items to delete
Apply all actions
look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
Save the report to your C: Drive
This will take some time to run!
RE-Boot
Post that log and a new HiJack log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adware-removal-flakey-ms-word-help.502508/
Relevancy 48.59%

I was infected last Friday with some malware which I managed to clean up using Kaspersky s Live CD I ve also tun Malwarebyte s Anti-malware Sophos Anti-Rootkit Rootkit revealer and Spybot S amp D Everything seems to indicate am I hardware, loopy? or Malware, just flakey the machine is clean but I get these random shutdown problems as if the power has been pulled - they ve been going on for the past few months or so but now I can predictibly reproduce them My machine Gateway GT GB RAM nVidia GeForce GT Power supply W was upgraded to support the video card Onboard video card died about months ago hence upgrade to Since I was getting infrequent random shutdowns I figured it might be a thermal problem I cleaned out the computer fans and applied new heatsink compound Reduced the idling CPU temp from C to C not bad Even before all that under load the CPU never rose above C Malware, flakey hardware, or am I just loopy? Then tried running overnight memory tests Everything came out fine After being infected I tried running Windows Defender to view processes in memory - the machine shuts down shortly after it starts listing the processes I tried running sfc scannow - runs a bit then the machine shuts down if I run sfc scanonce then it will run without shutting the machine down it also prompts me to insert XP CDs - which I Malware, flakey hardware, or am I just loopy? don t have because the Gateway didn t come with any - just a restore partition that doesn t work - it prompts me for a CD The kicker is that my machine is disconnected from the Internet since the infection Yet if I enter sfc scanonce the Windows shutdown dialog shows quot Click turnoff to install important updates quot It shows the same when I Malware, flakey hardware, or am I just loopy? reboot the computer after sfc runs Yet it does not show this message if I don t enter sfc scanone Disabled Automatic Update and this message disappeared Thought I might have some success uninstalling XP SP if something nasty was tied into it Same problem - machine shuts down Yet I was able to uninstall many other software apps including Visual Studio Express apps without incident in a bid to reduce the number of files AV need to scan - hence reducing scan time Ran chkdsk - same problem Ran chkdsk R and the problem with chkdsk seems to have gone away ran WD Lifeguard on the HD Quick Test and Extended Test no problems reported So my questions are the following is this some sopisticated piece of malware trying to hide its presence by invoking ACPI critical shutdown that s what it looks like since there is no BSOD when something might discover it is the defective onboard video responsible why is the problem so reproducible with sfc and Windows Defender is it some sort of software conflict ok I am reaching I am really getting frustrated I am pretty certain the computer didn t come with an XP CD because of the recovery partition And I am not about to shell out money for a new copy of Windows if my hardware is failing I am at the point where I am seriously considering reformatting the drive and installing Linux just to see UPDATE Ran SDfix and gamer this morning SDFix locates this hidden registry entry HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Shell Extensions Approved F F - - C -EE - C B D quot eaboffbeeb quot hex c a e c fc quot damncgbo quot hex b e f e c e quot iajpgehpjaghbccgjp quot hex a d e b c a e c d b quot hadceemggaomjeal quot hex a d e b c a e c d b Searching through the registry only reveals the CLSID in HKEY CURRENT USER and HKEU USERS Googling on it reveals nothing Is it safe to remove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315174/malware-flakey-hardware-or-am-i-just-loopy/
Relevancy 48.59%

my work computer is really acting up It is a relatively new DELL Optiplex A friend in another companys IT dept suggested I send you folks the logfile he said quot there is lots of quot stuff quot in there you dont want hope you can help me figure out what is work acting flakey computer going on Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet work computer acting flakey Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system work computer acting flakey winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files KACE KBOX KBOXSMMPService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exeC Program Files Sophos Remote Management System ManagementAgentNT exeC Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exeC Program Files Sophos Remote Management System RouterNT exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIBKA EXEC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exec progra common instal update isuspm exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXEC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Documents and Settings mreese Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http teams sdcoe netR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cbs com Global category asp C v menu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system KUsrInit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Sophos Web Content Scanner - EA -B F - C -A BC- ADA FD - C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SophosBHO dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E ... Read more

A:work computer acting flakey

Hello and and Welcome to BleepingcomputerPlease note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have sinceresolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Please download GMER from one of the following locations, and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zip MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs, as this process may crash your computer.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double click on Gmer to run it.Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.You may see a rootkit warning window, If you do, click No.Untick the following boxes on the right side of the Gmer screen.SectionsIAT/EATFilesShow AllClick on and wait for the scan to finish.If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.Push and save the logfile to your desktop.Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txt Gmer logThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306720/work-computer-acting-flakey/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm posting this on TenForums so others will in Windows but 8 UEFI sticker no refurbished product laptop on key learn from my experience upgrading to Windows But I would really like to know if anyone else has seen a computer with the square Windows sticker but no product key either on a label or in firmware bios lt - that's just bolded because that is the main question I have - I purchased a manufacturer refurbished ASUS X JA laptop on ebay It has the official Windows little square sticker on the back which to me indicates it should have a Windows product key stored in UEFI firmware It came with x TB hard drives I didn't want to mess with Windows or at all so I booted the laptop and it came up with the OOBE Windows screen as expected I entered audit mode and Windows 8 sticker but no product key in UEFI on refurbished laptop exported the drivers to a USB flash drive then shut it Windows 8 sticker but no product key in UEFI on refurbished laptop down I pulled out the primary HDD and installed a completely blank SSD and clean installed Windows Home Created a local user account and Windows was not activated raise one eyebrow here Ran showkey plus and no product key in UEFI bios So I connected the HDD to a USB adapter which is why I did not bother making a back up image first - because I have lots of other means of making a backup image from the removed HDD Looked at the software registry hive with showkey plus and it showed an OEM Windows Home product key Changed the Windows product key and entered the Windows product key and it activated just like it should If something had happened to that Windows installation on that hard drive though without retrieving the product key I would have been up the creek I thought that if the Windows was installed by the manufacturer that the product key either had to be stored in UEFI bios or printed on a COA sticker

A:Windows 8 sticker but no product key in UEFI on refurbished laptop

I purchased a manufacturer refurbished ASUS X750JA laptop on ebay.

It was a remanu - most likely board changed...

and service techs do not flash the bios

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/55567-windows-8-sticker-but-no-product-key-uefi-refurbished-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I own a cordless Cursor Logitech Cordless Flakey Has Mouse Logitech laser mouse Logitech has the stupid policy of not putting the model number Logitech Cordless Mouse Has Flakey Cursor on the mouse anywhere Why Logitech Cordless Mouse Has Flakey Cursor is this I wonder It does say around a small censor on the bottom Performance Laser and the numbers nm I have no idea what all that signifies Anyway recently the mouse has been acting erratically Especially the cursor I lose it or it jumps around with a seeming mind of its own I have replaced the batteries several times I have blown inside the battery chamber I have turned the batteries to see if the connection is weak The green light on the underside of the mouse isn t always on Perhaps this is the way it is supposed to be because when the mouse is idle I look and the light isn t on until I rub the battery on the mouse pad Since it isn t the batteries and the batteries seem to connect ok inside the chamber what could be causing the erratic behavior If you think the the mouse itself is dying or is faulty I ll just have to replace it What s the story Can anyone help me Steve nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi forums Here are my specs Toshiba P -S core i Is Windows Home Premium bit came installed with the laptop - no disk ie OEM I just bought it from Newegg com It's a refurbished - - Windows Random purchased laptop newly 7 refurbished BSOD machine and came with no documents or disks When this first started happening I did a repair install or whatever it is you can select after pressing F on boot Random BSOD - Windows 7 - newly purchased refurbished laptop Then I bought a -day license for DriverMax and updated the drivers And did a Windows Update etc I read somewhere today that Norton could cause it so I uninstalled it wasn't full version anyway But it's still happening I've attached a zip file containing the health report and the contents of Windows NT BSOD jcgriff Let me know if I messed it up and I will redo Thanks in advance if anyone can help I've got a couple of weeks left to the day warranty from Newegg If it's just a matter of fixing a few bugs then I'd rather do that then return it and maybe end up with something worse Newegg only has a replacement policy for the machine

A:Random BSOD - Windows 7 - newly purchased refurbished laptop

Intel display audio driver is old. Please update.

Code:
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 7

SYMBOL_NAME: intelppm+107d

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: intelppm

IMAGE_NAME: intelppm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a5bc0fd

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_0_intelppm+107d

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_0_intelppm+107d

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207831-random-bsod-windows-7-newly-purchased-refurbished-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I feel I have a virus or malware that I haven t been able to detect with Super Antispy yet I had recently updated Microsoft service pack and had cleaned registries which had corrupted some Microsoft Office files I ve since corrected the corrupted file issue Interesting enough Outlook Express sometimes works and sometimes doesn t Don t understand why the inconsistency Combined with my slow of flakey Outlook booting processing SLOW and Express processing when accessing the internet or email I feel another type of adware virus or other is slowing me down SLOW processing and flakey booting of Outlook Express Please help Below is my hijackthis report Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost SLOW processing and flakey booting of Outlook Express exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myway com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Web Anti-Virus statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus SCIEPlgn dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MI AA INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MI AA INetRepl dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MI AA INetRepl dll O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E - O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp clcid x O - DPF C A- BE- B -A BB- B FE A ewidoOnlineScan Control... Read more

A:SLOW processing and flakey booting of Outlook Express

"back"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-processing-and-flakey-booting-of-outlook-express.736353/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi My Chrome browser has been loading new pages very slowly over the last few weeks Two nights running now it has started playing seemingly random audio snippets playing at audio Slow 3:30 flakey. random am. Chrome loading. Mouse starting at am It keeps playing them until I close the Chrome playing random audio at 3:30 am. Slow loading. Mouse flakey. browser My wife has reported periods where the mouse has stopped responding I'm on Windows Home Premium I have access to a restore CD I have attached the other log files from GMER and DDS in attach zip Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Here's my dds txt log contents DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Daddy at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Chrome playing random audio at 3:30 am. Slow loading. Mouse flakey. Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D Chrome playing random audio at 3:30 am. Slow loading. Mouse flakey. C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exe C Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Apache Software Foundation Apache bin ApacheMonitor exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows System svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Blue Iris BlueIrisService exe C ProgramData Browser Manager cdff - d- e -a -d a brwmngr exe C Program Files x Blue Iris BlueIris exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system taskeng exe C ProgramData Browser Manager cdff - d- e -a -d a brwmngr exe C Windows SysWOW FortiSSLVPNdaemon exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Program Files Web Assistant ExtensionUpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Blue Iris blueiris exe C Program Files x Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows explorer exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseu... Read more

A:Chrome playing random audio at 3:30 am. Slow loading. Mouse flakey.

Hi and Welcome!! :) My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following: I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.
Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your OS losing all your programs and data.

Vista and Windows 7 users:
These tools MUST be run from the executable (.exe) every time you run them
with Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.
---------

AdwCleanerClose all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete.
Confirm each time with Ok.
You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
----------

Please download TDSSKillerDouble click TDSSKiller.exe
Press Start Scan
If Malicious objects are found, select Skip by changing the Cure dropdown in the upper right.
Do Not Attempt To Fix Anything Now. We just need to look over the report and be sure we are removing the correct items.
Attach the log in your next replyA copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)

----------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/chrome-playing-random-audio-at-3-30-am-slow-loading-mouse-flakey-685900.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,  We have HP Zero Clients (T410) and are connection to an Windows 2012 server.When i look in the admin guide it saysthat USB redirection to windows 2012 and Windows 8 is supported.  I have enable USB redirection in the zero client. But when i connect an USB device to the zeroclient is isnt viable in my RDP7 connection to the server. Do i have to edit some policys on the server or do i need software ?  Kind regards,   Hans Vos

A:T410 - USB redirection

Im having a simaller problem with my Windows server 2008, using the T410 as well. I can get thumb drives to redirect, but i cant get SD card readers. Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T410-USB-redirection/td-p/5081714
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all I T410 bios mod bug have flashed a WL-free BIOS from Serg to my T -DA I had the latest factory BIOS before Flash was successful i disabled the TPM because the beeps at startup Then i realized that i cannot read CPU speed from the OS Ubuntu and the battery isn't charging I can see on the indicator when it is T410 mod bios bug inserted or not but no charging T410 mod bios bug I installed TLP started a calibration but it only discharged the battery and charging is not working Or if it is working BIOS does not see what charging circuit is doing EC ROM is in addition I tried to flash factory BIOS but it cannot be done with battery I'm afraid to flash FL and FL as i have two FL files extracted from factory flash Have someone seen a bug like this before Can someone tell me how to flash FL and two FL 's and PAT files with Winphlash Or force the boot CD image to update I ned to revert the factory BIOS to check that the charging circuit is OK nbsp Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-mod-bios-bug/td-p/3333150
Relevancy 43.86%

The ads I see on Amazon etc say that there is more than one fan type for a T and be sure to get the one that fits your machine nbsp How to make the match nbsp My T is a Type - U according to a sticker on its bottom nbsp At https support lenovo com us en documents migr- I find a table that maps these computer types to model numbers of parts including fan assemblies nbsp It lists Fan assembly integrated M and M as suitable for type - x but by omission it implies that Fan assembly discrete M and T410? fit What replacement fan will my M are not suitable to type - x nbsp I assume that in that type code x is a variable so - U is a member of that type nbsp Ah nbsp I just learned at nbsp https support lenovo com us en What replacement fan will fit my T410? documents migr- that the two different fan assemblies are for integrated graphics and discrete graphics models respectively - their heat sink components are quite different nbsp Ah again nbsp From pix on Amazon I infer that the two integrated assemblies have slightly different heat sinks but both are for integrated graphics nbsp The M is shown here nbsp https www amazon com Genuine-IBM-Thinkpad-Cooling-Heatsink dp B MTWDB E and the M is here https www amazon com IBM-Original-Thinkpad- M -Assembly dp B QWCTLG nbsp From this I want to conclude that if I get a model M or M I'm cool nbsp Is that right nbsp Also it's possible and much cheaper to buy a fan without buying the heat sink assembly as well nbsp Anybody know which fan models fit into the Fan assembly integrated nbsp Thanks in advance Ken

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/What-replacement-fan-will-fit-my-T410/td-p/3485013
Relevancy 43.43%

I have had to reload W7 and cannot find drivers on the driver page for these:? Any help appreciatted!Device manager?

A:T410 driver issue

Welcome to the forum!

Install and run Lenovo System Update, it should take care of the missing drivers: click me!

-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-driver-issue/td-p/3477243
Relevancy 43.43%

At the end of the day when I close my laptop, the display will turn off but sometimes the system won't go into sleep mode. I then have to open the lid again and completely shut down the system. Is there an easy way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/System-won-t-sleep-on-T410/td-p/3345906
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been getting regularly occurring BSODs with various errors. Looking for help please.
The dump output from BSOD program and performance monitor data are attached.

The system is:
Laptop
Lenovo T410
Current OS is Windows 7 and is the one that came with the system.
System is 3 or 4 years old.

The BSODs seem to occur during heavy browser usage. Having multiple tabs opened and switching back and forth between tabs, the browser, and desktop apps. But almost always (if not always), when I am in a browser window.

Thanks,

Paul T.

A:BSOD Lenovo T410

Additional info ... The internet browser being used seems to be unimportant. I get BSODs with Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Paul T.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-lenovo-t410-761169.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys, Trying to get Bitlocker working on a t410. The bios is enabled for TPM and the drivers are installed. When trying to enable Bitlocker i'm getting a message saying: A TPM module must be present on this computer but a TPM module was not found. Any ideas? Thanks,Mike

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Bitlocker-issues/td-p/3465935
Relevancy 43.43%

Without any indication of slow computer etc.. suddenly a very short blue screen then unable to boot from any device.

I had changed to a new SSD just 8 months back.

I need help with this otherwise nice Laptop.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624367/my-t410-with-ssd-is-not-booting-from-any-device/
Relevancy 43.43%

I did a hardware scan on my computer and it showed me a hardware problem with the memory. The computer have been working fine for many years now. The only thing I did not so long after I got it was to upgrade to 8 GB of memory and an SSD disk. So it have been working great for many years.No it's started turning it self of sometimes while I use it. The scan showed result code: WMEBVVBTH-WL8BRF Also see the log attached. Is the memory starting to go bad or is it the Windows? The computer is upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back.

Report.jpg ?48 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-with-a-memory-problem/td-p/3363533
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all, I have a T410 that's from 2010 with the i5 520m cpu. I bought it used recently and I don't think the bios has ever been upgraded. When I follow the regular instructions of entering BIOS --> Config --> CPU, I saw a menu of four choices. The bottom two wereIntel(R) Virtualization Technology [DISABLED]Intel(R) VT-d Feature [DISABLED]I tried to change them, but strangely the menu only let me navigate through the first two choices (I can't recall them exactly now but they didn't seem to have anything to do with virtualization), nothing seemed to allow me to access the bottom two choices...  How should I go about fixing this properly?  I want to be very careful with upgrading/flashing BIOS as I really don't want to end up with a brick Thanks

A:Enabling Intel VT-x in a T410

Look for your BIOS Version and post it(You can find it on the start page of your BIOS)VT-x is supported by your CPU, but maybe there are conflicting settings..Maybe you really have to update the BIOS but that shouldn't be a real problem...Use a disk image, hook your thinkpad to the power and let it be for 20 minutes or so... 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Enabling-Intel-VT-x-in-a-T410/td-p/1851016
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone,
Need a new laptop for my computer science degree, considered quite a few. Was just wondering if anyone has an oppinion on the Lenovo ThinkPad T410 2516, I would upgrade it as follows:
i5-460m processor
windows 7 home premium 64
3/4GB RAM
320GB 7200rpm hard drive
9 cell battery
Anyone think i should upgrade it differently, I'd like to get it a little cheaper so where if anywhere should i make the cuts in upgrades?
Has anyone got this laptop? is it particularly heavy to carry around?

A:What do you think of the Lenovo ThinkPad T410?

what the difference in 3 and 4GB memory - i would not expect you to use that amount of memory unless you are using some special heavy memory programs

what other choice of CPUs do you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-lenovo-thinkpad-t410.957614/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Iam new here my wifi card broke and I want to replace it!.Original card is Intel centrino advanced - n - 6200 FRU 60Y2331.Can I replace whit this one T410s wifi card Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300. And what equalizer would you recommend to make sound better. Thank you!All The Best,Janar

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-WIFI-card/td-p/3382868
Relevancy 43%

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Driver Help

Quote: Originally Posted by verbatim20

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

Hi verbatim, you can find the drivers here Lenovo Support - Download Drivers and Software (GB)? if you need further help post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/183853-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-driver-help.html
Relevancy 43%

There are ultra bay adapters for the T410, as well as many other T-series laptops so you can install a 2nd hard drive in place of the CD or DVD drive.  I have the adapter and drive but for some reason the computer doesn't recognize the drive in the bay.  You can hear the drive attempt to power on and spin but after it boots there isn't any sign of the drive.  Are there some steps I'm missing, something I need to change?   I just updated to a 240GB SSD, so the 2nd drive is the OEM 250GB HDD it does still have the OS installed, which would be wiped if I could just get the drive to load so I could format it and use it as a storage drive.  I'm running Windows 10 64bit.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Ultra-Bay-For-2nd-Hard-Drive/td-p/3334989
Relevancy 43%

Hello, Model: 2522-DM1 I'm looking for new hard drive for upgrading my exisitng 320GB HDD but i have one question thatwhat will be the maximum hard drive capacity support in my system?? In lenovo site it has mention max 500GB HDD and 250GB SSD but when i go through forum and other online utility where it has mention that it can support upto 1TB HDD,SSHD and SSD. see below linkhttp://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//thinkpad-t410-series someone please clarify this.. if 1TB is supported then i would intereset in seagate SSHD 1TB 32GB NAND (P/N:ST1000LX001) and also i have seen Toshiba SSHD which is also good but i need expert's suggstion on this.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Hard-disk-upgrade/td-p/3371277
Relevancy 43%

Woke up one morning to a dead PC. Wouldn't boot. Downloaded and burned Hiren. Which does boot. Does this mean its my HDD?
Can I use Hiren to try and repair HDD? Buy a new Hdd and install Win10 from thumb drive?
Thanks
Paul

Relevancy 43%

Have been trying to upgrade my T410 running Win7 SP1 64bit  from 2x2GB to 2x4GB RAM (KVR13S9S8/4, Kingston ValueRAM 4GB SO-DIMM, 204Pin, DDR3-1333MHz, 4GB, DDR-1333 (PC3-10600), CL9, 204-Pin) but Windows doesn't start with this memory. The weird thing is that the PC boots and i can enter the BIOS and can see the 8GB installed, but Windows 7 hangs at the startup screen and never comes up. I first thought of defect in RAM and have requested replacement from vendor, but same issue with new RAM modules. Any idea why this is? Tx

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:2x4GB RAM on T410 doesn't work

Does it boot with one stick installed?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/2x4GB-RAM-on-T410-doesn-t-work/td-p/1365891
Relevancy 43%

Hi, My T410 would not power on, nothing when pressing the button. It will power up if I remove the cmos battery, plug the power in, unplug, re-connect the cmos battery and then plug the power in, and it works fine then...until it's powered off of course and the cycle begins again. I thought it may be a faulty cmos battery so I have changed that to no avail. Next step is to change the keyboard I guess? the power button seems to do nothing...it will not power the laptop off etc. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution before I spend 20 or so on a keyboard off Ebay. Thanks, Terry

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-on-issues-strange-one/td-p/3438428
Relevancy 43%

About two weeks ago, I began getting BSODs on a 9 month old ThinkPad T410 running Win Professional 7x64, OEM. This is the original install of the OS, and there have been no recent hardware changes. Prior to this issue, the machine has performed without any failures.

Today's failure happened quite spontaneously (or so it seemed to me) while the ThinkPad was sitting unattended and unused for about 15 minutes.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

A:ThinkPad T410 100000b8 BSODs

Hello and welcome,
Uninstall Acronis Software as dump blames them.

Update your Conexant Modem: Lenovo Support - Modem Adapter Software for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad

Code:
CAX_CNXT.sys Wed Jul 01 07:59:52 2009
CAX_DPV.sys Wed Jul 01 08:05:11 2009
CAXHWAZL.sys Wed Jul 01 08:01:14 2009
mdmxsdk.sys Tue Jun 20 09:27:26 2006
Update your ThinkPad TrackPad: Lenovo Support - UltraNav driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) and XP (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

Code:
ltpFiltr.sys Mon Jun 15 01:49:50 2009
ltpwrflt.sys Mon May 11 15:47:52 2009
Update your RIM Software ---> Research In Motion - Products

Code:
RimSerial_AMD64.sys Tue Nov 25 06:01:01 2008
Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000B8, {fffffa8006c7c680, fffff8800316efc0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys
Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+18e71 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC (b8)
A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine.
This is an illegal operation and the stack track will lead to the offending
code and original DPC routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8006c7c680, Original thread which is the cause of the failure
Arg2: fffff8800316efc0, New thread
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Stack address of the original thread
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_THREAD: fffffa8006c7c680

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xB8

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800032ea992 to fffff800032e7eda

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03193580 fffff800`032ea992 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06c7c680 fffffa80`00000000 fffff880`0f8b487c : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`031936c0 fffff800`032ed1af : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03164180 0000000f`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`03193750 fffff880`01818e71 : fffff880`0182b100 fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x19f
fffff880`031937f0 fffff880`0182b100 : fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 : snapman+0x18e71
fffff880`031937f8 fffff880`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 : snapman+0x2b100
fffff880`03193800 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 fffffa80`07d7a348 : 0xfffff880`00000000
STACK_COMMAND: .thread 0xfffffa8006c7c680 ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
snapman+18e71
fffff880`01818e71 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: snapman+18e71

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: snapman

IMAGE_NAME: snapman.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 45265d99

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

---------

2: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`0ffc0000 fffff8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153766-thinkpad-t410-100000b8-bsods.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello nbsp since beginning of the year I have started to have connection problems to any wireless network All of a sudden the laptop no more connects to any wireless network home school phone hotspot and always shows an error Cannot connect to this network It worked before but aftero some unknown update the connection cannot be established anymore nbsp The issue was present on Win system but even after upgrading to Win it still doesnt work Latest system and Lenovo companion updates were installed I have also tested multiple WAN drivers current one is - Intel Centrino Advanced N I have tested live Fedora DVD and it connected to any wireless network just fine - the problem have to be somewhere in the Windows OS nbsp Troubleshooting via Windows tools didnt help at all also running system check via Lenovo Solution Center didnt return any result In Windows system setup is the adapter set to NOT safe power when on battery nbsp Any help will be much appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Cant connect to any wireless network - T410 Win 10

Here are some things to try Check for Unknown Devices in Device Manager Right click on start and select Device ManagerDouble left click on section titled "Unknown Devices" if listedReport back any Unknown Devices which are listed Turn off any firewalls you might have with your AV, or the Windows Firewall (just for testing) Right Click on Start, and select Control PanelOpen Windows Firewall control panelChoose option "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off"Test your Wifi Reset Windows Network settings Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commandsType:  netsh winsock reset  and press EnterType:  netsh int ip reset  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /release  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /renew  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /flushdns  and press EnterReboot and test your WiFi connection  Uninstall WiFi Adapter/driver and install fresh driver  Connect to internet using wired Ethernet LAN Uninstall the Wireless adapter from Device ManagerRight click on start and select Device ManagerDouble Left click on Network AdaptersLocate your WiFi Adapter and select Uninstall (make sure to select the option to "Delete driver software for this device"Once complete, right click on Network Adapters from within Device Manager and select "Scan for Hardware Changes"Windows should redetect your adapter and download the correct driver. Create Diagnostic reports Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commands ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt netsh wlan show all >c:\wlan.txt Two text files (ipconfig.txt and wlan.txt) will be created on the root of your harddrive or C:\.    Please locate and attach to a reply using the Choose File option. Good Luck

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Cant-connect-to-any-wireless-network-T410-Win-10/td-p/3300169
Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to figure out if the slow performance of my T410 (on certain apps - mainly Firefox and Quicken) could possibly be caused by an overheating problem that I know I have (because I sometimes get a "fan error" on startup, and because it is hotter to the touch that it seems it should be).  My speculation is that maybe the CPU has a temperature monitor, and when the temp gets too high it throttles down the CPU.  Is there any truth to that idea? ~ Thanks in advance~ Ken

A:Can overheating cause slow performance on a T410?

That is true.Your fan error means your fan is running slow, which would hurt cooling

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-overheating-cause-slow-performance-on-a-T410/td-p/3484435
Relevancy 43%

I have a brand new issues T410 BSOD Thinkpad T less than a week old and I have been having problems with it When Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues I first got it right out of the box I would get a quot windows does not recognize one of your usb devices quot message and when I went to device manager quot unknown device quot was the issue So I uninstalled it and I thought that was that A couple days later I started getting BSoDs with the error code quot BUGCODE USB DRIVER quot I have gotten a bunch since then I would guess around and they seem to happen fairly randomly I haven't been able to pick up a pattern Here's some basic system information OS- Windows Pro -bit Came pre-installed I have not reinstalled it Like I said my computer is less than a week old Well it shipped out of Lenovo's warehouse on june st but it arrived around july th or th I have an intel graphics media accelerator HD not sure if that's the name of the video card or not Anyways any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated

A:Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues

here's that zip file I'm supposed to post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/thinkpad-t410-bsod-issues-497590.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys,

I got Lenovo T410, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, and it function well besides that I don't have comunication, no WiFi nor by cable. I assume driver is missing. Any suggestion?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/388823-communication-driver-lenovo-t410.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in Thinkpad T400?

A:Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in T40...

No.  It is a different shape

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-I-use-Battery-from-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-in-T400/td-p/3316561
Relevancy 43%

I need some help please I keep getting Consistant I5 BSOD T410 Lenovo a BSOD like clockwork on my Laptop The Laptop can run in safe mode with no issues Tested this last night and this it was still on this morning I initially thought it was the ram so I removed the onboard Gb and replaced it with a new chip Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 I thought it Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 was the video drivers so I tried all Lenovo's recommended Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 drivers but it doesnt work cause according to the drivers I dont have a graphics card I reloaded windows to bit by doing a clean install and have not loaded any other drivers except the ones thats generic by windows I am clueless as I have tried every angle possible Anyone pls Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP C C C BCP F EA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Danie AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225684-consistant-bsod-lenovo-i5-t410.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello there,I wanted to get all my data from my old Thinkpad T410, so I took out the SSD which was installed in it and connected it to my newer Computer. The problem is that my new bought Computer did not recognize the drive at all, so I tested the drive externally on my Thinkpad and this doesn't recognize it either nor will it boot from it when it is connected via USB. I tested the drive on Windows, Linux and MacOS, there are no problems with my external connector, my Thinkpad boots without problems from other USB-Drives and the drives work internally without any problems. On Linux, the drives are detected but not mountable and not formatable... I hope someone has an answer to this problem 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T410-SSD-HDD-not-recognized-externally/td-p/3425062
Relevancy 43%

I recently bought an ultrabay adapter off ebay that was compatible with the T T S nbsp The Lenovo part would be nbsp HDD T410 Ultrabay Question SOLVED! - ThinkPad Serial Hard Drive Bay Adapter III P N nbsp N nbsp I took out the original GB HDD and put an Intel X -V in the main HD bay nbsp T410 Ultrabay HDD Question - SOLVED! Then I put the original drive in the Ultrabay Adapter nbsp When I power up the machine the Ultrabay drive spins up for a second and the light on the adapter comes on and then the drive turns off nbsp The Ultrabay drive is not found by the BIOS I have - installed nbsp I called Lenovo tech support and was told that there is no Ultrabay adapter for the T and the website confirms this when I search for storage adapter accessories for it nbsp Is there some way to get a second HDD to work in the Ultrabay nbsp EDIT The solution Thanks to Dd nbsp To enable the DVD automatic power off feature open the Advanced view in Power Manager go to the Power Plan tab and expand the System Settings dropdown Now set nbsp Automatic Optical Drive Power Off nbsp to nbsp Enabled nbsp on AC and battery You'll be able to see and set this setting nbsp Automatic Optical Drive Power Off nbsp only if your DVD drive is inside of your ultrabay After being idle for or minutes your DVD drive will be powered off Then this new icon Other E Powered Off will appear in My Computer nbsp nbsp Make a shortcut of that icon on your desktop nbsp because after you remove your DVD drive this icon will disappear from My Computer Remove the DVD drive place your ultrabay hdd adapter double click that shorcut which you placed on the desktop and it will power on your ultrabay As I said in my previous post after you restart Winodws you'll have to double click that shortcut again to power on the ultrabay nbsp You can just go to Safely Remove Drive to power it down when you're not using it Solved Go to Solution

A:T410 Ultrabay HDD Question - SOLVED!

you got a knock off or the real one? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Ultrabay-HDD-Question-SOLVED/td-p/236873
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Scrren/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Screen/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 42.57%

I just upgraded my T BIOS to I don't recall the exact previous version number but I believe it was in the 's nbsp Since I've done this two things have happened the trackpad no longer works and the Trackpoint is now very laggy slow jumpy it looks problems. have now bios, Upgraded T410 Ultranav like it only updates about twice a second Here's a video of what it's doing nbsp https www youtube com watch v YzHL ZI TcM nbsp I'm using Windows here in this video Upgraded T410 bios, now have Ultranav problems. The CPU load shown in Task Manager is very low indicating it's not the computer itself lagging Secondly if I boot the Windows install CD or an Ubuntu LiveCD the same problem is happening indicating that it's an issue with the laptop BIOS itself not with Windows nbsp So far I've tried nbsp - removing the battery unplugging the laptop- disabling the trackpad trackpoint in the BIOS booting Windows re-enabling it nbsp I found this while Upgraded T410 bios, now have Ultranav problems. searching on here for the same problem Though it's a different laptop BIOS maybe it's the same bug nbsp https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile UltraNav-Trackpad-stops-working-after-ne nbsp Anyway the onboard Ultranav is now pretty much unusable on this laptop and I'm now stuck using an external mouse any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Upgraded T410 bios, now have Ultranav problems.

Also, I attempted to file a support ticket except the Lenovo website is doing this. http://i.imgur.com/kNyUMcl.png

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Upgraded-T410-bios-now-have-Ultranav-problems/td-p/3318055
Relevancy 42.57%

System information:

- Lenovo T410
- Bought December 2010
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OEM
- Hitachi 500 GB hard drive
- NVIDIA NVS 3100m Optimus Graphics 512MB DDR3 with AMT
- 4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM) + I installed another 4 GB

I have not reinstalled the OS. The laptop had BSOD's right out of the box. They are unpredictable and occur 1-4 times per day. I disabled the switchable graphics, which seemed to reduce the frequency of the BSODs a little. I've updated the system via Lenovo's System Update tool. I called Lenovo's technical service and they ran through their stock checks and it didn't help.

I've attached the dump and system file collection + system diagnostics.

Thanks for any insight,
Dave

A:Frequent BSOD - new Lenovo T410 laptop

Hi davevoyageur and Welcome.

For a stable set up your Ram should ideally be matched. Same Manufacturer. Type. Model. Size. Batch. Timings. Etc..
Have you tried uninstalling the one stick and seeing if the blue screens continue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144609-frequent-bsod-new-lenovo-t410-laptop.html
Relevancy 42.57%

HelloI am planning to update my t410 with an egpu adapter.What interface should I consider? Express card or maybe pcie?Which version of the express card is in that platform (t410)?And I really want to know the same about pcie.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-t410-egpu-upgarde-which-connection/td-p/3423952
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello there, My Thinkpad's cursor is having freezing issues after upgrading to win10. When I move the cursor, it once in a while freezes and it's not related to the trackpad or trackpoint. I plugged in an external mouse and had the same problem again. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, the problem is still there. I really don't know what else to do. I checked all the settings on synaptics, searched the whole internet. Still couldn't have found a solution for it. Here on this link people with Lenovo laptops are having the same issue as well. Will Lenovo solve this problem and maybe put a new driver on the official site? Thank you

A:T410 Mouse Freezing Problem After Upgrading to Win...

Dear subdivided,

welcome in lenovo community,

Kindly try to download and install the below driver, after uninstalling the current one,

http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64__Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUI_PS2_SMbu...

Regards,
Joseph

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Mouse-Freezing-Problem-After-Upgrading-to-Win10/td-p/2171435
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello - I'll try to be succinct and cover everything I have tried nbsp I have a T i with Win installed along with all issue suggestions needed please! power - T410 the drivers nbsp It has been working fine T410 power issue - suggestions needed please! but I seem to be experiencing a power issue nbsp This first manifested itself as the screen going blank and refusing to come back on nbsp Thinking it was overheating my partner opened it up and cleaned out the fan my partner fixes Lenovos as a field engineer and applied thermal paste to the processor nbsp All seemed well I was working on it plugged in when suddenly it T410 power issue - suggestions needed please! shut down nbsp I tried to restart it but without success so I left it plugged in with the orange light flashing and went off to have supper nbsp When I came back the orange light was still flashing so I decided to leave it to charge overnight Next morning - orange light still flashing and although it would power up there were odd things going on when I looked in Power Manager nbsp It showed the battery as being good for hours although I knew that if I took the AC adapter out it would close down nbsp So I tried a different known good battery - same thing nbsp Then a different PSU - same thing nbsp On the desktop it shows as charging for half a dozen animations then goes static - Power Manager says it's charging but doesn't display the 'time left to fully charge' and isn't actually charging at all nbsp So - here are the things I've changed and tested at each step nbsp The battery nbsp The PSU trying both w and w - power manager recognises them for what they are but no charging actually happens Hard drive with a fresh install of Win Motherboard Processor Palmrest Memory including using just one in each slot Keyboard nbsp Because motherboards one with nvidia graphics and one Intel both exhibit the same behaviour I am now at a complete loss and the only thing left to change that I can think of is the screen so I might do that while I wait for a response nbsp If I appear to have overlooked anything obvious then please let me know - I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out by a process of troubleshooting but I'm beat this time

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-issue-suggestions-needed-please/td-p/3358458
Relevancy 42.57%

Recently my T410 laptop has had issues with charging the battery, the battery is plugged in and not charging.I have attempted updating the firmware for the battery, it failes half way through as the battery cannot be not identified.The lenovo power mannager does not resolve the issue either as it cannot detect the battery. Any advice on diagnostics or resolutions would be greatly appreciated, as after contacting lenovo support, they simply told me to replace the battery. Which I am happy to do but only as a last resort. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-Battery-Plugged-in-and-Not-Charging/td-p/3355260
Relevancy 42.57%

My lenonvo thinkpad t is stuck in startup I was checking email and I noticed that my screen was freezing up a bit when an error message box came on up loop stuck in start T410 Lenovo screen unfortunately I did not take note of what it said and my computer began to shut down by itself I hit the power button to make sure it wouldnt restart and gave it minutes before i went to turn it back on Now when i try to turn it on it shows the lenovo splash screen but then goes black and shows the splash screen again never proceeding to windows I have spent most of the say looking up possible solutions but while many people have had similar problems most other posts involve system recovery options which do not appear on my screen It is allowing me to boot into BIOS but I have not been able to find a solution there Do I need to reinstall Windows Please help nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

The thinkpad hasn't been used for nearly a year and two months since i purchased it from my friend. Lenovo Power Manager recongnized the battery for a few seconds then says:  Could not detect battery, please reinsert battery or recharge the battery. I applied double sided tape to the thinkpad battery so it wouldn't wobble. Still the same problem. Battery was purchased 2014-06-04.It is an aftermarket battery.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-Battery-Plugged-in-and-Not-Charging/td-p/3413116
Relevancy 42.57%

Recently my T has been overheating and shuttind down after a few hours of browser usage I believed this was due to a heating problem so I finally got under the keyboard today only to find little to no dust or after shuts seconds power approx. on T410 20 down debris clogging up the heatsink fan Just to be safe T410 shuts down approx. 20 seconds after power on I hit it with the compressed air again After reassembling the laptop now shutdown after a short period of being powered on This shutdown happens regardless of me getting into windows loading or getting into the BIOS setup I think this too may be an overheating problem as I see and hear the fan spinning up harder before the sudden shutdown nbsp nbsp I've tried everything from running with only the AC in only one ram card in holding the power button for seconds prior to actually powering up etc Is there any more troubleshooting I should preform or should I just accept the fact I'm better off handing this to a repair professional nbsp nbsp Side note After reassemble I had screws that didn't fit anywhere on the exterior casing maybe I mistook a screw placement and now it's somehow short circuiting

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-shuts-down-approx-20-seconds-after-power-on/td-p/3376043
Relevancy 42.57%

hi, i have a laptop lenovo T410 that run on window xp.
After running the window, i am prompted to log in but i forgot the password.
So what must i do. How do i reset the laptop to its original factory setting.
Thanks.

A:how to reset lenovo T410 to factory setting.

All your files will be lost. Do you want to recover them first?

Do you know the Administrator password?

Do you have a blue button above the keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-lenovo-t410-to-factory-setting.1036696/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a T410 here that has no product number, only a spare number and the serial number.  I cannot even check warranty on this thing without the product number, and trying the normal t410 product number does not work. Does this thing even have a warranty?

A:T410 Thin Client no product number

Hello, You may check the warranty of a unit with just the serial number here - http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 

Regards,RobYI am an HP employee... I don't speak for HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T410-Thin-Client-no-product-number/td-p/5755952
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, one of the mouse buttons at the front of the pad came apart a few weeks ago, and today so did the second one!  there are a lot of videos showing how to replace a keyboard key, but none about how to replace these mouse buttons. No sign of any damage / broken pieces. Photo attached This is not a machine used alot either. Any help would be greatfully received! BTA

Mouse Buttons.jpg ?2081 KB

A:Can you replace t410 front mouse buttons???????

I cannot tell if the plastic clips are damaged without close inspection, but it looks like the 2 rubber cups that provide the spring for the buttons are missing.  I have never done very well getting them to attach to the base and I have tried several adhesives. 

You can replace the touchpad from the keyboard, but taking it apart is easier the 2nd time and the cable clips are fragile.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-you-replace-t410-front-mouse-buttons/td-p/3426006
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the built-in wireless adapter on this laptop to get connected to the internet. I have installed the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73611
but have had no luck. there are no available wireless connections I can connect to.
I have also tried to use USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN725N to connect to internet. It is able to find available connections but when it tries to connect it says unable to connect and give options to troubleshoot. Once troubleshoot is complete it says to investigate router or access point issues. I have reset the router many times. Other devices are working fine with the internet just not this laptop.
I am running windows 7 64Bit.
Please help.
Thanks

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Can you connect the laptop to the router using a cable at all ?

using just the laptop wireless adapter
unlikely to be this as it is reporting NO networks available - but check anyway please
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

can we see an ipconfig /all - see how below
do a tcp/ip reset - see how below
post a screen shot of xirrus please - see how below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-wireless-issue.1154408/
Relevancy 42.57%

I've just successfully completed a win 7 pro x64 - > win 10 pro x64 upgrade on my T410.I can't seem to successfully enable Bluetooth to install and recognize and pair with a set of Bose QuietComfort 35 (QC35) Bluetooth headphones (which pair perfectly well with my iPhone). the QC35 does list on the sound playback devices, but along with a vertical red arrow.Lenovo does not have any updated drivers for Bluetooth on my T410 with win 10, 64 bit.....HELP anyone?  Pretty please?  Is there perhaps ANY workaround that anyone knows of to accomodate Lenovo's tardiness to provide updated Bluetooth drivers for T410 with win 10?Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated ! ThanksJonathan

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-win-10-x64-Bluetooth-pairing-with-Bose-QC35-issue/td-p/3435054
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Everyone nbsp nbsp I am a THINKPAD Owner, missing New T410 Fingerprint, Webc... new T owner Bought this notebook for cheap and i am impressed by its quality My specs for the laptop as follows I upgraded ram and ssd and i am happy with the results but there is always a space for logical and not so costly improvements that is why i am here to ask you experts New Owner, THINKPAD T410 missing Fingerprint, Webc... and owners to get some suggestions if you please I am New Owner, THINKPAD T410 missing Fingerprint, Webc... a regular guy who uses its computers for web-browsing and watching online shows and some little photoshopping This computer provided more than enough power for my usage and needs nbsp nbsp i nbsp i - M stock gb ddr mhz ram it was gb before gb kingston hyperX ssd had a gb rpm seagate before Windows legalized with Win Pro key found under the battery x resolution displayEverything works perfect with windows i didn't even have to install any driver but some extra lenovo apps I flashed the lasted bios and that corrected some issues with Win installation I have checked other T models but mine is missing some important specs like Bluetooth chip would prefer BT with low energy webcam support for skype and fingerprint reader for added security The touchpad is also worn by use in time and the palmrest housing is cracked on the edge of both sides I have cut some carbon fiber stickers New Owner, THINKPAD T410 missing Fingerprint, Webc... and put onto touchpad to keep nbsp aestetcis but the sensevitiy is not that good now I want to know if nbsp nbsp I nbsp can upgrade cpu to i if yes which model of i should i get Can i add fingerprint reader to this device and at the same time changing the touchpad and palmrest housing This would be birds with one stone Is it possible to add Bluetooth and LE supporting chip in Can i add webcam but keep the keyboard light nbsp nbsp Thank you for your time and wish you all happy and productive days nbsp ps sorry for the english nbsp it isn't my native language nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/New-Owner-THINKPAD-T410-missing-Fingerprint-Webcam-Bluetooth/td-p/3319623
Relevancy 42.14%

HI everyone nbsp We have a USB redirection problem with HP t thinclients In our site we use Xenapp with HP t t and t clients Some of our t clients have a signal nbsp recorder conected to an USB port nbsp This USB recorder needs to be redirected manually on the thinclient USB Manager Devices This redirection stays on until a profile or software update After the client reboots for the second time the USB recorder is not redirected anymore nbsp USB recorder class is Human Interface Device HP after redirecting USB profi... stop devices thinclients HP t410 t has the latest firmware Z A nbsp I tried -different usb ports same issue- t thinclients with the same issue-force redirection of class USB devices nbsp from profile editor root usb Classes Human Interface Device State changed from to -different registry setting from profile editor nbsp This issue is fixed for HP t and T with the force redirection of class usb devices The and thinclients use firmware levels T X and T X nbsp Did anyone else seen this Is there a way to force redirection of a USB device based on PID and VID Or will be released any more firmware updates for t HP t410 thinclients stop redirecting USB devices after profi... nbsp Thank you in advance nbsp Cata nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-t410-thinclients-stop-redirecting-USB-devices-after/td-p/5629549
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T which I left outdoors overnight boot Pls help: Thinkpad T410 problem? Simple error after a BBQ No rain but likely some humidity nbsp Symptoms Initially screen remains black nothing happens Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error upon pressing power button However computer is still alive Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error since power button is shinin- After Unplugging reconnecting the CMOS battery cable machine booting showing following two errors after some Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error time Date and time error Neither the date nor the time is set in the computer Solution in the manual Run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date System CMOS checksum bad Default configuration used Solution in the manual Charge the backup battery for more than hours by connecting the ac adapter Replace the backup battery and run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date nbsp I tried Removing The backup battery CMOS Replacing the backup battery CMOS - I bought a new oneBattery only running on DC-powerHDDRAM x DVD-driveKeyboardPower button discharge as suggested on various sites to discharge or whatever the power To press the power button times followed by pressing it for sec I tried to reset the time in the BIOS however I'm unable to navigate with the keys gt nothing happens when I try going up and down between the options with the keyboard - I tried pressing many keys simultaneously and I do get the familiar beep when you press a lot of keys randomly so the keyboard is working fine Then I noticed incidentally that the screen light goes up and down if I press the keys changing this meaning it's like the Fn function key is constantly pressed So I also tried cleaning the keyboard and removing the CTRL and Fn key but this didn't help either nbsp In fact my problem is identical to those in nbsp https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-T -and-prior-T-series T -Hangs-on-boot-up-screen td-p The solution there was to try pressing the GPU however its not dedicate one can't see that would help nbsp Many many thanks nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Simple-problem-Pls-help-Thinkpad-T410-boot-error/td-p/3363339
Relevancy 42.14%

In our company we have migrated from Toshiba to Lenovo laptops/tablets.  Recently users have been reporting that their T410 laptops are very very slow.  Most of the time they over estimate the slowness time, but this time it's not.  I checked the device and it takes 4-5 minutes from powering on the device to getting the ctrl+alt+del screen.  In that time, there is a few seconds where the screen goes completely black, then comes back. After logging in, it takes another 5-6 minutes to get to the desktop.  I've checked the Hard Drive, memory, spyware, etc. and everything checks out.  The user states that this only started happening a couple of weeks ago.  He's had the device for about a year. Anyone else noticing this type of slowness and what could be causing this issue? Thanks 

A:Lenovo T410 slow to boot up and sluggish once logg...

What happens if you load a program such as HWInfo32 to ensure that the CPU isn't running too slowly? When running HWInfo32, the CPU speed should match or exceed the adverstised speed of the laptop whenever some program is actively using the CPU.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-slow-to-boot-up-and-sluggish-once-logged-in-HELP/td-p/475995
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there, I have attached the grab all data in the hope someone will be able to advise.

My laptop has been giving BSOD for months now, Iv'e uploaded a multitude of drivers and performed registry cleaning etc

It happens without much warning apart from a very short freeze, I really need to sort it out as I have important university work to complete!

Hope you can help and thank you in advance

Sam

A:Random BSOD Lenovo T410 WER-70590-0.sysdata.xml

Welcome to the Forum.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Daemon Tools/Alchohol is known to cause BSODs:
How to remove sptd.sys from system
Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Usra\Downloads\sam699\SF_22-02-2014\022214-19172-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0324e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`034916d0
Debug session time: Sat Feb 22 15:12:52.272 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:26.505
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800032ccc3f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!WfpExpireEntryLru+17 )

---------
Norton is a known cause of BSOD's. Please remove it for testing purpose. Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other security software:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Malwarebytes - Free

Good and Free system security combination.

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Post screenshot(s) of your Hard Drive(s) using Crystal Disk Info Software: CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

Run a Hard Drive test: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/313457-seatools-dos-windows-how-use.html

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322896-random-bsod-lenovo-t410-wer-70590-0-sysdata-xml.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello Everyone Odd thing to after 520 ssd on intel series Lenovo win7proSP1 upgrade T410 BSOD i've experienced yesterday upgraded lenovo t laptop to intel ssd drive GB and decided to instal win pro with integrated sp In BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series the post installation stage while setting username and computer name computer crashed with BSOD It happen - times Even booting in the safe mode i experienced times complete freeze where i had to manually power off laptop I continued installing drivers BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series on notebook and seams that issue is no longer present I have different problem now windows shuts down unexpectedly without any bsod dumps happen also several times in past h In attach you will see in system logs only single entry as i cleared event logs to find last occurrence easily Note that with Hitachi disk that was in laptop before I never experienced bsod true is that i got laptop with installed win proSP on it with all drivers installed I used lenovo system update tool to get all drivers to the system I am suspecting that new hardware intel ssd series might be cause of this or the drivers either on sata controller or on disk according to ssd toolbox firmware on disk is latest Run Disk Full test with Intel ssd toolbox and finished successfully Also checked with malwarebytesand scanned system no issues found Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Malwarebytes Free Anti-Malware amp Internet Security Software Scan Date Scan Time AM Logfile Administrator No Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malware Protection Disabled Malicious Website Protection Disabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User refa Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Disabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys No malicious items detected Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files No malicious items detected Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end P S after first BSOD while creating first user and naming pc i decided to name laptop evil

A:BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series

ssd tool full test passed with success

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/339382-bsod-win7prosp1-lenovo-t410-after-upgrade-intel-ssd-520-series.html