Windows Support Forum

Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop...

Q: Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop...

Hi laptop... my Win7 Issues on Acer installing - I got a new hard drive for my Acer laptop I tried many things in the tutorials to no avail Hard Drive Toshiba mm GB Serial ATA- RPM HDD Laptop Acer Aspire V - P- The last thing I did was I hit Shift-F and run the diskpart command and eventually put in this command as stated in the help forums DISKPART LIST DISK SELECT DISK after confirming Windows target HD CLEAN CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY FORMAT FS NTFS Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop... LABEL quot WINDOWS quot ACTIVE EXIT EXIT It goes to Still I am unable to install Win It says quot Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition See the setup log files for more information quot whenever I try I see Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop... this quot Load Drivers quot clickable link would I ever have to load any drivers at this point If so what kind where I'm at a loss for what to do BIOS sees the hard drive I can partition it But I just can't install onto it Helllp Thank you JD

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Issues installing Win7 on my Acer laptop...

Hi JD,
have a read of this tutorial.
Install Windows on MSATA (SSD) Drive

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398883-issues-installing-win7-my-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,

I was asked by someone to install Windows 7 on their Acer Aspire E1-570 running windows 8.1.
I have since formatted the drive and installed Windows 7, but now I get an error stating the above, No Bootable Device, Hit Any Key.

I think I'll need to reinstall whatever partitions etc. Acer had originally setup on there because currently there's no option to find the drive at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Acer Laptop, Error: "No Bootable Device" After installing OEM Win7

Did you follow all the steps to Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/367828-acer-laptop-error-no-bootable-device-after-installing-oem-win7.html
Relevancy 67.51%

when i did a clean install and chose the new non partitioned HD win ult installed fine but when i t started it assigned it self as HD C and gave the other win drive a new letter as will and wont dual boot and the boot manager doesnt recognize the other windows so went and booted win enterpe and the drive letters didnt change it just assigned a new drive letter to the new HD after many attempts gave up and formatted the new HD and assigned it a letter which ofcours now win wont accept installing it self on a pre partioned is it normal that a new win assigns random drive letters or am i doing something wrong furthermore neither win detects the win7 ult and after installing 64 win7 enter32 to dual boot issues other to dual boot tried the dual boot installation guide but nothing explains the random drive letters assignment the first pic shows the HDs on win enter and the nd pic shows the HD drive letters under win ult

A:issues after installing to dual boot win7 enter32 and win7 ult 64

The first screenshot shows W being booted from XP as signified by XP being marked System. It must have been installed from the XP partition thus locking out C drive letter, or it would always boot as C.

The second screenshot shows C booting from System Reserved.

What I would do is boot into C again, install EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required), on Edit OS tab delete all other OS's except the C drive, then on the Add OS tab add XP and Enterprise by their type and drive letter back to the multi-boot menu. This is providing you don't mind having Enterprise on a letter other than C. If you do then I'd reinstall it correctly from boot.

You should also mark Inactive all partitions except System Reserved which is the only one booting all OS's after this operation and hence the only one which should be marked Active, period. Partition - Mark as Inactive - Windows 7 Forums

How is it you are using Enterprise which is meant for large organizations, and how it it activated when that is only done by special MAK keys administered by IT departments of organizations? If you're not entitled to use it then I would delete its partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/373678-issues-after-installing-dual-boot-win7-enter32-win7-ult-64-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

July AM I sent this email shown below to ACER support regarding my inability to load MS Win official copy downloaded from MS website on my Vista Premium In practice the only OS I can reload on this machine is a copy of the Vista operating system as provided by ACER I can t load XP or other versions of VISTA or Win without ACER BSOD installing Win7 when 5620A incurring the same BSOD warning as noted below My Email to ACER Customer Gerry - PM April PM I have my Microsoft Windows Beta DVD as provided by microsoft When I try to install it on my Acer Aspire AM -E A Intel Quad Core Q Ghz GB DDR GB HDD nVidia FeForce Graphics Super-Multi DVD R RW Audio GLAN Card Reader Keyboard amp Mouse Vista Home Premium Ser No PTSB X FC I get an ACER 5620A BSOD when installing Win7 error message BSOD the system has shut down to protect my computer The Win DVD boots properly and says it is recognizing my various drivers and all appears to be going well The system then abruptly stops and tells me the system has shut down to protect my computer How am I able to get around this problem I wish to upgrade to Win in the future Is there a bios update that I should be downloading Any help would be greatly appreciated Sincerely Gerry BIOS Info Motherboard ID - - - - -MCP A THIS BIOS IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR ACER ONLY R -B BIOS DATE VER HERE is the ACER RESPONSE Response Alvin GWSI - AM Dear Gerry OGrady Thank you for contacting Acer America I ll be happy to assist you with the issue regarding operating system upgrading While going through your system record in our database we came to know that your system is in warranty Please note that Acer does not support changing an Operating System Changing the Operating System may cause driver conflicts You have the option of upgrading or changing ACER 5620A BSOD when installing Win7 your Operating System at your own discretion However it is preferred that you keep to the original configuration of your system so that all the programs and applications in your computer will recognize all the hardware installed in it The drivers are usually found on the Restore CDs or on the hard drive recovery partition for medialess system This may sound frustrating but you cannot use the Restore CDs to reload the drivers to a different Operating System These drivers are configured with the original Operating System that came preloaded with your computer If you wish to install Windows Beta you may need to search online for the driver s of the device s you are looking for However please be advised that we cannot guarantee that these drivers will work on your computer In addition we are not liable for any damage or compatibility issue that they may cause Please be advised that any changes or upgrades to the original configuration of the system are done so at the sole risk of you the end user Although we will still support the hardware of the system we will not be able to support the new Operating System We can still support the functionality of the system with the new Operating System If the support reaches the point of suspected hardware replacement repair vs software support for the hardware you must reinstall the original Operating System and drivers before the part can be replaced repaired Alternatively you may contact local technician for more assistance Please make a note of the SR Service request No mentioned below for further reference SR No - O P V For further clarifications please feel free to visit our web site http Acer com Have a great day Respectfully Acer America Online Technical Support QUESTION Is there any solution to this problem Things I have tried I have reinstalled original ACER image with zero new software RESULT same BSOD when trying to install Win I have replaced original ACER hard drive with a brand new reformatted hard drive booted from Win DVD and tried to install Win on fresh hard drive RESULT drive same BSOD Sincerely Gerry nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5620a-bsod-when-installing-win7.845429/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I don't know much about fixing computers and how to explain this so I'm just going to include everything acer gets in the Problem eRecovery way installing win7, that I've done about this problem I have an Acer Aspire laptop and wanted to change from Vista Basic bit to Windows Ultimate bit I put in the Win disc and did the whole installing process But when that was finish and Windows quot finalising quot it fades out and restarted then a File Not Found pop up saying quot cannot find file C Problem installing win7, acer eRecovery gets in the way D D Images WSI when try to determine UI language quot I clicked OKAY then it goes to Acer eRecovery Management with the message quot how would you like to restore quot I chose quot restore system to factory setting quot and I couldn't see it fast enough but there was a table grid saying something about Source Hard disk partition then another message pops up saying quot restore failed - reason xa quot click okay to restart So I restarted and try the other option which is restore system from CD DVD and was told to insert backup disk or system CD I don't have any of those or where do I find it I can't use my laptop now so I can't create a backup disk or whatever acer eRecovery wants Then when the Acer screen starts during startup I pressed F and go into boot Played around with the boot priority order to be able to run the Windows disc again and this is the order that boot up the cd for me Network Boot MBA v Slot USB CDROM IDE MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ QJ IDE Hitachi HTS K SA USB FDD USB HDD I don't know what the other ones does but I moved the 'network boot' up to st Pressed F save and exit enter to boot cd then installed Windows again I chose 'custom' for a clean install and was shown three partitions I don't know what they are until now but I only have a slight idea In the quot where would you like to install quot there are Disk Partition PQSERVICE size gb free space gb Disk Partition Acer C something along that line size gb free space gb Disk Partition D size gb free space gb The first time I install Win I chose Partition D drive because it's the only one with enough space left Then when it gets to the Acer eRecovery thing where it said something about Partition but it disappeared too quickly I thought maybe I should've choose Partition So on the Win Install Windows program I chose Repair your computer and check to see that Win is in my D drive and Vista is in my C drive When I went back to reinstall I formatted Partition my C drive to make room for the installation and have backup all my files on disc But same thing happened acer eRecovery gets in the way at the end and I can't go anywhere else Then I went back to quot repair your computer quot again in Windows Install thing to see that now Vista is gone and Windows has moved from D drive to C drive Does that mean that Windows is completely installed on my laptop but acer eRecovery is stopping me from using it I also went to quot command prompt quot and type in fixboot but it was quot not recognised quot Do I really need to restore If Windows is successfully installed why can't I just boot up my computer and use it Can I get pass this eRecovery thing Everything is in full screen so my laptop is pretty much useless now What do I need to do now Sorry for writing a tad too much S but that's what i tried so far Please help Thank you

A:Problem installing win7, acer eRecovery gets in the way

Try installing from Safe Mode...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/69137-problem-installing-win7-acer-erecovery-gets-way.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I recently bought a laptop from an online auction site The laptop is a Thinkpad T which has a Windows Pro for Refurbished Computers COA Upon first reboot I was able to activate Windows with the on Pro with Win7 from Refurb Win7 Pro Installing scratch COA laptop number in the COA sticker The problem is that I want to install from scratch in order to get rid of the Lenovo Recovery Partition on the HD so I want to do a Installing Win7 Pro from scratch on laptop with Win7 Pro Refurb COA completely clean Installing Win7 Pro from scratch on laptop with Win7 Pro Refurb COA install My question is Can I install using one of the Digitalriver ISO Windows Pro Installing Win7 Pro from scratch on laptop with Win7 Pro Refurb COA images and then activate it with the COA number I have Or do I need a special Windows Pro for Refurbished ISO As a bonus question the Windows I have is for UK since I bought it from somebody in England Would I be able to install Windows Pro from a Digitalriver image in other language like Spanish or is the COA linked to a specific language Thank you in advance If it is helpful here is my MGADIAG EXE output Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- WGA Data-- gt Validation Status Genuine Validation Code Cached Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -M QWP-C BG-XJX J Windows Product Key Hash CrG NnSRHfNeJWiLIIus dGeOs Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID C DFBB -B - -BE - A B C Is Admin Yes TestCab x WGA Version N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x WGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt C DFBB -B - -BE - A B C lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -XJX J lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt E lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt UET WW lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt A lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt W Europe Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt LENOVO lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TP- U lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Appl... Read more

A:Installing Win7 Pro from scratch on laptop with Win7 Pro Refurb COA

If you already have the Digital River ISO. The downloads are no longer there. MS is going to verify the product key first, then let you download the ISO. If you already have the image, after the install if it won't activate over the internet I'm told you can call in to an automated server to get it activated.

If you search Softpedia.com you should find the article about the removal of the DR downloads, in the Desktop=>Windows section of the site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/363010-installing-win7-pro-scratch-laptop-win7-pro-refurb-coa.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have been a quot lurker quot in both this forum and Vista forum for some time and been very impressed with the help given and the friendly support Now I am hoping someone can help with this situation I was trying Aspire help with Acer Boot 5738 Need issues Win7 to help a friend with their PC probs Acer Aspire running win I received an odd email from them and found following links saying her acct cld be hijacked pc cld be infected etc Need help Acer Aspire 5738 with Win7 Boot issues and actions to take http windowslivehelp com solutions safety archive recent-reports-of-account-hijacks aspx http windowslivehelp com community t aspx http windowslivehelp com community t aspx I called to see if they were having probelms and inform re email amp turned out they were havng reconnect disconnect issues and other annoying problems inlcuding occasional boot issues which I thought could have been indication of malware infection so I suggested they backup their files and then download and install Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and do a scan in Safe mode and send me the results The next day I called and discovered they were unable to do that as by this point they cld not even get online They were going to scan with Norton So I sugg they do this in Safe mode What I did not say is HOW to get into safe mode aargh I feel so stupid and that has made their problem worse Safe mode was entered via msconfig not rebooting and tapping F and now they got stuck in a Safemode Reboot cycle After a number of reboots they managed to get into advanced boot options and tried quot last known good configuration quot but this failed Yesterday the laptop would not boot at all I sugg they follow advice from acer website for laptops that woudl not boot Shutdown and Unplug your laptop Remove the battery from the laptop Wait - minutes Now press ON power button on laptop for minute Then release the finger and wait one more minute Now plug in the power cable dont insert battery yet and press ON button This at least enabled laptop to power on start but not get past black screen I tried the Acer Aspire website for advice not much help BUT I found a number of posts elsewhere of people referring to booting their Acers to black screens and being advised by Acer support to update their Bios with latest ones I know this is not something you should do unless needed but I was wondering if this could also be causing black screen problems The Acer website was showing a BIOS upgrade for the dated jan heres a link to ithttp preview tinyurl com dbdbds On googling for info on failed syst restore causes I found Norton cld be the reason for the Restore failure apparantly the quot Tamper Protection quot blocks the restore http www iammai-online com SM SM DisableNortonTamperProtection htm There is more info about this at symantec and the advice was uncheck disable Tamper Protection before using restore So maybe if I can disable that we can restore to an good config but HOW can I do this if I cant get the PC to boot properly Re win Rescue Recovery Disks Their laptop came preinstalled with win and they don't have a rescue disk made AND backups were not made Hence not wanting to do factorey reset So I am not sure what to try next LAST resort will be reset to factory settings but am hoping other things to try Please can someone give me some suggestions advice on what to do Things I was thinking of trying - depending on your replies Q If I were to disable automatic restart wld that give me a better chance of trying to fix things Q - Is it possible for me create a Win Recovery disk Having read this here I wondered if this might be a fix for them and if so can I do this from my own vista laptop then post them the Cd Download Windows System Recovery Discs amp x The NeoSmart Files Assuming this is possible how do I a know if their laptop will boot from Cd and b how can I get it to boot from CD assuming I cannot get into the BIOS Q LINUX CD's I have not done this before but have read about ... Read more

A:Need help Acer Aspire 5738 with Win7 Boot issues

Try this:

Startup Repair

System Repair Disc - Create

System Recovery Options

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/62622-need-help-acer-aspire-5738-win7-boot-issues.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Acer Laptop running Vista that is capable of 64b operation. Could I load Win7 on it successfully and it run correctly? Thanks

A:Can A Acer Laptop Run Win7

Well, can you tell us anything more about it? How big is the hard drive, what operating system is in there now, what kind of processor does it have, DVD-ROM? How much RAM etc. Just a basic rundown of what's in there.

You can probably download an ISO image of a Windows 7 installer from Digital River, there are links all through this forum, just go into the search and look for "digital river" and you might find the link. If I can find it I'll post it later.

All you need to do is stick the disc in the drive after you burn it and run the set up, it will run a compatibility test and it will tell you whether or not you can run windows seven on your system. Another issue is does your computer have 32-bit OS or or does it have a 64-bit operating system?

I believe there is also a page on the Microsoft website that you can open up on your system and you can run a compatibility test right there- it will download a little file into your computer you just run that and it'll test your system and it'll tell you if you can install Windows 7, and what version of it you can run.

You should have really posted this over in the installation and set up forum because we can help you there a lot better than here, this is for sound and audio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/339447-can-acer-laptop-run-win7.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi All The HD on my year old Samsung laptop has Win7 installing SSD Issues new on Drive lost its Primary System C partition and it now shows up as unallocated space The extended logical Data D partition is still in tact with all data readable and I have backed it all up to another drive I have installed the drive into my desktop PC and used Samsung Partition Find and Mount to try to scan it but it just Issues installing Win7 on new SSD Drive sets at the quot scanning for drives quot screen Issues installing Win7 on new SSD Drive and it never does show any drives which I am told means that there are enough bad sectors that it can not find the partition I do find it strange however that it doesn't find the D partition either nor any of my functioning drives Anyway I ordered and received a new Crucial MX gb SSD and am having trouble getting Win to install from the disk that came with the laptop which I have used to install windows on this machine before This laptop supports SATA ll drives well over gb I have the BIOS configured as follows UEFI enabled AHCI set to Auto No overclocked is available on this unit I was using the latest version of Partition Wizard to partition the drive into a gb c and the remainder as the D partition but then was told to just let Windows make the C partition during the install Either way windows starts but then errors out during the file extraction process I disconnected the existing drives on my Desktop installed the new SSD drive there and windows installed just fine so I know that the Drive and Install Media are good I contacted SAMSUNG to find out about a BIOS upgrade but what the gave me is an exe with instructions that tell me to put the file into a folder and run from there Now if I don't have windows installed how am I going to do that I loaded the contents of the Win install disk to my USB TB hard drive but my system does not see the drive There is a USB HD item in the boot list but no drive shows up there Can I make a bootable CD drive to put the exe on and update the BIOS from there Any other suggestions

A:Issues installing Win7 on new SSD Drive

Follow these steps which compile everything that works best to get and keep a perfect Clean Reinstall Windows 7 and have been used by more than a million consumers without a single complaint. The latest installation media for your licensed version is provided in Step 1 along with tool to burn to DVD or flash stick. For UEFI install be sure to boot the media as a UEFI device.

If a BIOS update doesn't have something in it for a specific problem you're having then I would skip it, or wait until you have a stable Win7 on a tested good HD to install it.

Test the HD with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan followed by a Disk Check on full disk partition you create from the steps to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums .

If in doubt about your SSD contact the maker for specific tests to confirm condition and possibly RMA.

Hope this helps, for now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/359577-issues-installing-win7-new-ssd-drive.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm attempting to install windows ultimate on a desktop It's a dual core AMD gigs of ram etc It has a DVD drive out of a HP a N which HP says is a Philips DVD this is a IDE drive not SATA I mention this because after when Driver issues installing win7 I select my language and keyboard type after it says quot starting setup quot for a very long time I come to a screen that says quot A driver for a CD DVD drive is missing please insert a USB drive or CD with Driver issues when installing win7 the driver on it quot or something to that effect I have tried downloading all the drivers from the HP Driver issues when installing win7 site and putting them on a DVD and having it search that but to no avail I am rather confused to how it can't find a driver for a device it is seemingly using just fine I have installed win from this DVD before with no problem on my HP Tx tablet so I doubt it's the DVD Any suggestions would be much appreciated Thanks Here are pictures of the two places it is hanging up and taking forever to get through and the spot where it runs into the driver issue http jamesholleman com Hosted IMG JPG http jamesholleman com Hosted IMG JPG http jamesholleman com Hosted IMG JPG

A:Driver issues when installing win7

You could always try installing from a usb flash if you cant fix this problem, theres a tutorial for making a bootable flash drive from your win 7 dvd in the tutorials section.
Just an option

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/52517-driver-issues-when-installing-win7.html
Relevancy 60.63%

A family member of mine recently bought this Acer laptop recommended by me, i personaly prefer Win7 far over Win8 so i suggested that family member to buy Win7 home premium together with the PC as we couldn't choose to change the OS as we bought it.

Now we've got the new pc and the win7 disc. When i try to install win7 on the laptop it gives me an error:

"windows setup experienced an unexpected error. to install windows restart the installation"

I've tried to google the issue with no luck, so i am hoping to get some help on this forum.

Cheers Ignocia.

A:Downgrading Win8 to Win7 on an acer laptop

1) Downgrade to Windows 7.
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
Warning you must have the uEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

2) If Using a USB Pendrive on a PC with a uEFI BIOS.
USB Pendrive need to be formated to FAT32 as in
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
Take note of Step 11 for Windows 7.
Also you will need to use a USB 2.0 port, as there are no USB 3.0 drivers in Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/285707-downgrading-win8-win7-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The past couple days, on my wife's laptop, everything has become jerky. Her wireless mouse and touchpad are the worst culprits. But it only happens when something else is running. If there are no programs, apps or browsers open, the touchpad and mouse are fine. But once something else starts working, they get jerky.

And when she's watching a YouTube video, the sound keep halting and buzzing, as if the laptop can't process the activity fast enough so it lags.

I don't have time to post her specs or much else right now, but was wondering if anyone know of what might cause such behavior in general? Her drive is defragged once per week, and she's clean from any type of malware.

A:Jerky behavior on Win7 Acer laptop

How old is the machine dusk builds up in intake and exhaust vents and eventually will cause overheating,
Buy a can of compressed air and blow out each vent/ Shut down the machine while you do this and don't power backup for a half hour or so,
Compressed air can spray water because the can get cold so do not tilt the can sideways/ keep can vertical not upside down or sideways.
If the machine is still under warrantee call the manufacture and report it/ exchange it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298706-jerky-behavior-win7-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.63%

i have this Acer One 14.. i want to install Win7 on it but it doesn't recognize my bootable usb and cant find Legacy on Boot Menu.. it doesn't have CD/DVD Rom ..
kindly help me people

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/68553-acer-one-14-laptop-came-linux-how-install-win7.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all I have just registered here as I am having some issues installing Windows to a friends Dell Mini netbook I have when Win7 to Mini Issues installing Dell previously installed the copy I have to my Samsung N netbook which has pretty much identical hardware as the Dell Mini I had and still have no problems with it on my Samsung I am pretty computer literate but this error has left me stumped I have never came across this before When installing to the Dell it completed the copying and expanding files and then completes installing features After this it is as if it freezes and then I am presented with the error quot Could not Issues when installing Win7 to Dell Mini set the offline locale information Error code x FF quot This confused me so I did a search as you do and tried various methods on solving this issue to no avail The BIOS is up to date and the time is set correctly as well There are no issues with the hard drive either as I can install XP no problems to it I have even tried doing a low level format and creating the partition tables outwith Windows setup Yet I still get the same error Also last night tried again at optimizing the HDD for the install but got the same error Does anyone have a clue as to what it could be Oh and don't be afraid to use technical language as I will be able to understand no problem Thanks Fraser

A:Issues when installing Win7 to Dell Mini

Hello Fraser, welcome to Seven Forums!

From the little searches I've run, it could be, not enough HDD space to install Windows 7 to or, are you sure the partition you're trying to install to is a 'primary' and not a 'logical' partition?
Be sure to post back with an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/105092-issues-when-installing-win7-dell-mini.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi i have ACER ASPIRE v5-431 laptop.

i have installed Win 7, ubuntu, xp, vista.

But when i try to install Windows 8, it just doesnt install.
it gives me following error :
i Tried everything.
i performed a Clean install {deleted all partitions & installed on a new partition}
i even used ACER just UPGRADE ASSISTANT.

But still all in vain

The OS doesnt install.

i tried freaking 15 times just trying to install that OS but still it just doesnt install.

Can anyone pls help me out how can i install this OS ?

A:win 8 not installing on ACER laptop tried everything

You might read through the thread just below about the same topic.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/13881-win-8-not-installing-acer-laptop-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 60.2%

A friend of mine, an OEM supplier, and pretty experienced, is nonetheless having a great deal of trouble installing Windows XPon an Acer laptop. I have added his query below, and would be very grateful if anybody could suggest a solution.
"Acer laptop model Aspire 5101, supplied with Vista Home Premium.

Hard disk is apparently split into three partitions C, D and (hidden) small F according to Partition Manager.

I have formatted the drive and tried to load Window XP Home with Service Pack 2, but willnot continue installation.

-approx 75 % complete - as (quote) "cannot find file".

What purpose does hidden partition serve? Any information please on how to achieve full instal of XP?"

A:Help please in installing XP on Acer laptop

Hello and welcome to the forum . .

The "Hidden" partition is likely a restore feature that formats the C drive and restores it to the state it was shipped. The Acer support site should have details of how to start that process.

If he has Formatted the C partition, the ability to use the restoration partition was wiped out with the format.

The most common causes of the "File not found" error:

Memory faults
Scratched or dirty install CD
Hard Drive Faults

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-in-installing-xp-on-acer-laptop.707057/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have bought a new TB sata hdd to use as my main hdd and keep my old hdd as a storage hdd Currently I have SATA The old Sata as C Old Win installation here and boots from Installing Win7 hard Issues a with drive on [SOLVED] new this SATA The new Sata as D New Win installation bios won't show this as bootable SATA DVD drive If I switch them around and stick my new hdd to SATA then it doesn't boot even though it has Win installed If it's on SATA and the old one is back on SATA then it boots with windows options Second issue is that I want my new D drive to be C and vice versa I am a bit concerned about doing it through Disk management as I don't want to risk losing both OS's unless I can boot up my Win setup through external hdd as mentioned below Third issue is my Win is a digitally bought version which is in my External hard drive in a folder And I am not sure If I can just boot with that and format my c and d to be able to rearrange the volume and boots etc How can I set my new secondary SATA drive as my main C drive and let the computer boot from it As far [SOLVED] Issues with Installing Win7 on a new hard drive as I know SATA's jumper settings are for something else than declaring master slave

A:[SOLVED] Issues with Installing Win7 on a new hard drive

Hi -

Both drives have Windows 7 installed on them?

I would remove the old HDD, connect the new 1 TB HDD as SATA1, wipe it will KillDisk, then install Windows 7 onto it.

KillDisk - http://jcgriff2.com/killdisk_imgburn.html

You'll need to activate and validate the OS. Activation problems may occur as the keycode is currently used for Windows 7 on the old HDD.

Contact Microsoft and explain new HDD purchase - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929

Then connect the 2nd HDD, transfer over the user profile folder files, e.g., Docs, Pics, Music, etc... then format the 2nd HDD.

Info on the digital copy of Windows 7 you purchased from the Microsoft Store -

http://store.microsoft.com/help/iso-tool
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../dd535816.aspx
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...working-guide/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-issues-with-installing-win7-on-a-new-hard-drive-521959.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey all i will keep this brief as last time i upgrade & installing RAM screen WIN7 after Blue issues had written every piece of info only to get the BSOD just as i was about to subit my question I have a ACER Aspre t running VISTA Intel Pentium ghz radeon xpress video adaptor not overclocking Ok basically i've had this pc for years and never Blue screen issues after installing WIN7 & RAM upgrade installed any upgrades and never had a blue screen until now I basically upgraded to WIN and as it only had GB RAM i purchased another GB x GB from crucial after making sure it was the correct RAM for my PC Since installing windows i have had countless blue screens which seem to trigger at random I have done much testing including running chk dsc several times runnung the memtest and getting passes uploaded the DMP fileson other forums people seem to think it is not the RAM causing the problem but System corruption here are the dumps http rapidshare com files Minidumps zip here are Blue screen issues after installing WIN7 & RAM upgrade the SFC details http rapidshare com files sfcdetails zip Also updates everyhting using windows update tried taking out the new RAM swapping RAM etc Today i even did a clean install back to Vista and still getting blue screens all with different error codes messages each time Can anyone help me with this its driving me nuts Thanks

A:Blue screen issues after installing WIN7 & RAM upgrade

While waiting for a BSOD expert to show up.

You say you have reverted back to Vista now, did you take the ram back to original at the same time, meaning the original 1GB stick?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screen-issues-after-installing-win7-and-ram-upgrade-694295.html
Relevancy 60.2%

There are a number of issues and running installing issues and software updating, Win7: I don't know where to start so I'll go Win7: issues updating, installing and running software with the immediate and obvious problems Bottom of the post will be the backstory to how this Win7: issues updating, installing and running software all started The quot read this quot post made it seem ok to include screenshots so I've uploaded and included shots hosted at imageshack If that isn't acceptable please let me know Description Problem I am currently unable to install java updates In the lower right corner I get an alert that there is a java update ready to install I click on it set it to download and install the update and not long after I get the following This is for Java update Problem Perhaps problem is related to this After some stupid changes I tried to make this morning described below I now am unable to run or even turn on McAfee AV I get a message in the lower right corner telling me that I have to solve PC issues important ones The first two are McAfee and Windows Defender When I try to turn on McAfee I am told that I can't Clicking on McAfee gives me the following error When I attempt to turn on Defender I'm told that I need to check for new definitions but the quot Check for updates now quot button isn't highlighted or clickable Now to the Backstory I have a month old laptop with Windows on it built purchased from Dell There are two accounts on this system My login which has administrator privileges and another account for my son I didn't like that even on his account non-admin he could go into C users mylogin and could access my files So I wanted to 'protect' my documents pictures etc I went to C users myloginID and right clicked to bring up properties I went to the security tab and edit to change the permissions for my stuff the group usernames that I changed was quot HomeUsers systemname HomeUsers and changed the permissions to Deny for all of the options full control modify read execute list file contents read etc In doing this there were a few popups that said certain files folders couldn't be changed I figured no big deal since MY account is an admin account Once it was finished all of my desktop shortcuts were gone I couldn't see anything in my user directory In order to even see my documents my pictures etc I had to run as administrator Even opening up single files I had to do as administrator so of course I'm thinking quot what the hell quot I tried to do a system restore and couldn't find one It's as if I don't have system backups set up which I do I tried to get on the internet and do a search for some info with Mozilla and it wouldn't come up The only way I could bring up Mozilla is quot run as admin quot and when I do the only thing I can do is click the quot home quot icon which will take me to a Firefox Google search page I can search from there but the back button doesn't work I can click but can't go back I found a page that said to go into control panel gt system and security gt restore your computer to an earlier time In doing this I did a restore from a week ago the system initialized the restore shutdown and rebooted I thought all was well Upon logging in to my account I started seeing the following problems immediately after reboot I get an error that comes up about Dell Docks installer is not functioning properly and I should uninstall and reinstall it Never used it don't have any clue what it is Also I get an error that says the following I have no idea what Softthinks Scheduler is I think that covers it Web browsing was fixed after the restore but these other problems still exist Any additional info needed please let me know I'm sure I am forgetting something but it's escaping me at the moment Any advice is greatly appreciated

A:Win7: issues updating, installing and running software

Hello Lynchsta,

Thank you for posting alot of info on your problem it really helped :).

For startes go here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/inc/...pgrade_xpi.jsp

and click agree and start download.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-issues-updating-installing-and-running-software-498596.html
Relevancy 60.2%

All right so here is the problem I've been trying to install additional SATA hard drive on my computer I've connected all the proper cables to mobo and power supply and at first it looked as if everything was fine the hard drive was recognized by BIOS and Win but then Windows failed to find the driver for it and it disappeared So what should I do The hard drive is SATA Issues on installing hard Win7 drive with WDC WD AAJS- PSA mobo is ASUS P E-VM DO BIOS is AM ver OS is Win Home Premium Important note if I disconnect and connect the SATA cables the process repeats as in Issues with installing SATA hard drive on Win7 Windows starts up for a few minutes while OS is looking for driver the hard drive is visible and listed in disk management I managed to format the drive just in case but when it fails to find the driver it immediately disappears and I can't access it again The weird thing is that my main drive is also WD and it works just fine no problems

A:Issues with installing SATA hard drive on Win7

Welcome to the forum normally no driver's are needed how did you format it in another PC and did you do it as gpt or MBR? It doesn't show in disk manager at all is it sata 2 or 3 and does the mb support it

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130197-issues-installing-sata-hard-drive-win7.html
Relevancy 59.34%

As advised by many sources, I am trying to change wifi encryption from WEP to WPA2 to help prevent 'piggy-backing' by others (which I believe has occurred). I have configured my router and it now shows WPA2 but on my laptop it appears (somewhat surprisingly!) that Win7 only supports WEP (the only option, apart from 'open', shown in the relevant drop-down menu).

I have checked and the 'Network Adapter' is the latest available.

Please tell me (not very computer-literate!) what I should do.

Thanking you in anticipation of a an early and positive response,

VicC

Acer Aspire 5741
Windows 7 Home Premium

A:Changing wifi encryption from WEP to WPA2 in Win7 on Acer laptop

i think that's what you mean? let's see Control Panel > Network And Internet > Manage Wireless Network ,and see for your wifi and right click > properties > see the Security Tab at wireless network properties Dialog,and you can change Encryption type,security type,and password.
sorry if it false

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254516-changing-wifi-encryption-wep-wpa2-win7-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have ACER Aspire 1652 laptop which was preinstalled with XP it has a Centrino 1.73 G and 2 GIG of memory installed and 80 gig hard drive and I want to install Windows 7 but ACER do no longer supply any drivers for Windows 7 for chipset, graphics, LAN drivers for Windows 7.

Does Windows 7 have the necessary drivers?

Kind regards,

Walter

A:Installing Windows 7 on a ACER laptop

I cananot guarantee that 7 will have every single driver, but I have to rate the driver service as excellent. Very few have had problems in that area. Be sure to install while on line.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/112310-installing-windows-7-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I was hoping that someone may be able to provide some advice re a small problem I have Since my laptop died and I've rebuilt it The time is not correct on it When I power on the laptop the time is wrong and I then reset it to the correct time If I leave it on for a few hours it seems to lose time if this makes sense I believe the CMOS battery controls the time time losing Acer 8930G running win7 my laptop on System when the laptop is switched off and this could be the problem but I System running win7 losing time on my Acer 8930G laptop thought that once the system was fired up the time was controlled by the operating system Is this correct Also if it's the CMOS battery that needs replacing is there anyway of knowing this is the issue before dismantling Problem is that the location of this battery requires full dismantling and reassembly Typical manufactures they put the CMOS battery in the most inaccessible place on my laptop Would anything other than the CMOS battery be responsible for this isue could it be a virus or anything along these lines Any advice appreciated

A:System running win7 losing time on my Acer 8930G laptop

No; actually that is where you are wrong. The CMOS battery keeps the date and time in tact at all times no matter whether the computer is on or off. The operating system just allows it to use the internet to check and set the time correctly. There probably is no virus; just the battery needs replacing. Which should be pretty simple. I believe you have to take off the top case to get to the system board and locate the cmos battery.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/323044-system-running-win7-losing-time-my-acer-8930g-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I've got a Dell Laptop Lattittude E that I installed Win - Bit Enterprise on a couple of years ago Now it's gotten so fragmented that I can't defrag it any better than so I wanted to format it or delete Bit Installing Ent Same with Laptop Win7-64 on the C Partition and reinstall from the same install DVD that I used the first time Unfortunately I can't get the install to work either by installing from Windows or from DOS Cmnd Prompt When I attempt to install from Windows it gets to the point where it's copying files and gets as far as maybe - then stalls forever and ever When I try to install from Cmnd Prompt where it asks if I want to start from DVD I've tried choosing to let it download updates or NOT download updates but it gave me some Error Msg I didn't write down which one As I said I just wanted to delete the partition and start from scratch How do I get there Hep Me GPL

A:Installing Win7-64 Bit Ent on Laptop with Same

You don`t install windows from within windows, you boot from the dvd, there`s no command prompt needed either.

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387007-installing-win7-64-bit-ent-laptop-same.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I bought a new acer laptop last weekend It came with Vista Home Premium installed but i want to wipe Vista and install my copy of XP Pro The specs of the laptop are Processor AMD Turion X dual-core processor RM- Clock Speed GHz Mb L Cache MHz FSB Chipset AMD M G Memory GB Dual-channel DDR SDRAM RAM Hard Disk GB SATA Graphics ATI Radeon HD Graphics with up to GB HyperMemory Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Up to MB of shared system memory I downloaded all the XP drivers for my model and have them on a CD ready I have also made a factory default backup just incase anything happens to go wrong The problem i am having is that when i try to install my version of XP Pro SP amp Sata drivers included it loads XP 5536-744G Laptop a Installing Acer on up all the drivers then when the hard disk selection screen is meant to apper a BSOD occurs I forgot to write down the error code but i can supply that infomation if needed Do i need to slipstream all the XP drivers for the install to work or are there settings i need to change My computer knowledge is limited so sorry if i didnt supply enough information or if i dont understand your replys Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Has anyone replaced vista with xp on any of the new acer ex5620 laptops?If so,i need some information on doing this.Thanks for any help you can provide.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,

As per subject, our laptop keeps throwing a flakey when trying to install Win7 Ultimate over the current crappy Vista OS.

Laptop passed the compatibility checker no probs & has all the updates installed, but every time we try, we get either
1. windows 7 install failure message then black screen with cursor
or
2. straight to black screen with cursor.

This is even after changing to the low res setting that is mentioned so often when googling the issue.

Anyone here have any advice to get it to work, or should we just smash the laptop off a wall?

Thanks!

A:Win7 won't install on Vista Acer Laptop 5630 - black screen with cursor?

Hi check the makers support web site and see if they have any advice on wether you may need to flash the bios,do you have the dvd\cd drive set as first boot option in the bios you could try a repair

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-wont-install-on-vista-acer-laptop-5630-black-screen-with-cursor-436849.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I need some help...

The hard drive on my HP G71 447US laptop is corrupted and I am unable to create a recovery disc.

I bought a new WD 1 TB internal HD (and will try to replace it myself...wish me luck!) and wanted to know if I can use my Windows 7 Professional for Refurbished PCs disc that I got for with my PC and install THAT on my new WD laptop HD using the product code on my old PC and will the OS work with my laptop HD?

Thank you for helping out a novice.

Appreciated.

A:Installing Win7 for Refurbished PCs on laptop HD

Did the old PC have Win7 Pro on it? If not the Product Key on the Notebook probably will not work. And I've seen Branded/OEM discs not work at all on a different brand machine, gives an error message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346670-installing-win7-refurbished-pcs-laptop-hd.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello

I had a Sony laptop which came pre-installed with Vista (but there was no operating system disk supplied).

I purchased Windows 7 Full Home Edition which I installed on this laptop.

Now this laptop has become faulty, so I need to return it back to the company that sold it to me. I'll need to return it with Windows 7 on it since I can't downgrade it back to Vista (since I don't even have an installation disk for Vista as previously mentioned).

The seller has agreed to ship me a replacement. My question is will I be able to install my copy of Windows 7 on my new laptop since I already installed and activated it on the one thats now being returned. If not, what could I do?

A:Returning a Laptop / Installing Win7 on New One?

Probably will have to do Phone activation with Microsoft & explain about your returned laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36888-returning-laptop-installing-win7-new-one.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, my Sony viao laptop got virus and I decided to do a freash clean install of win 7. The first thing i did since I dont have a recovery disk was to download win7 and burn it to make a bootable dvd.

When I know do a re-installation, after it finish loading the files, it will show the win7 logo and after like 10mins it will show only a black screen and a cursor, If i am not mistaken it should show me the win7 menu.

any help is appreciated

Thanks

A:Help on Re-installing Win7 in Sony laptop

It's been a while since I last had to rebuild a Sony Vaio, but they normally come with a recovery partition so that you can restore them to an 'ex-works' condition in the event of disaster.

You will need to check with the manual - if you don't have a paper copy you can get it from the Sony website so long as you have the model number - but I think you get to it by pressing the F5 key at startup and then following the on-screen instructions. As the recovery system formats the C:\ drive as part of the recovery, this should also resolve your virus problem.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507074/help-on-re-installing-win7-in-sony-laptop/
Relevancy 58.05%

trying to reinstall this but freezes at the finalizing settings part.please help

Relevancy 58.05%

hi
i have a Samsung NP 300,laptop which i want to install win 7,it has windows8 and phoenix secure-core tiano setup,i have disabled secure boot,enabled legacy support,changed the OS mode Selection to csm,but it wont boot from cd and when i go to boot device priority there's only windows manager 1 and 2,i cant see the cd room,hdd or usb.
thank
stan

A:installing win7 on a laptop with windows8

Hi

Disabling "Secureboot" and enabling "Legacy mode" is supposed to enable booting Windows 7 . Samsung is the only company who still supports "Windows XP" on newer models ( Win 7 and XP drivers are available for almost all of their models). 

Have you tried USB boot ?.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513788/installing-win7-on-a-laptop-with-windows8/
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm having a few issues with my laptop. I'm running Windows 8.1. Can someone please help me figure things out? 1.) Can't access Acer Explorer, says there's no program that can open it!! what?!2.) Keeps randomly shutting down. Yes I've run my virus program and made sure the fans running and clean. Still, however gets hot, so I'm wondering if I might need to replace the fan. How can I know for sure?3.) Keeps telling me I need to update or install the flash player but when I do, it says I have the most updated version.4.) Can play and hear music played by my media player, but when I try to burn the file to a disc it says either to install cd/dvd burner or the format is wrong. I have a cd/dvd burner installed and it works just great except when I download music from the internet and try burning them to a cd.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-v3-731-laptop-issues/td-p/438576/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys, i m having a problem with my laptop, it dosent recoqnize the web cam, even in skype program. I dont know what to do. Any help? Thx in advence. Greetings

A:Laptop Acer E1-571 software issues.

In this case, first check if your webcam is displayed in the Device Manager. To do this, you can follow the steps below:1. Go to 'Device Manager' by following the steps mentioned on the links below:For Windows 8.1:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/where-is-device-managerFor Windows 7:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/open-device-manager#1TC=windows-72. Navigate to 'Imaging Devices' and check if your webcam is displayed. If you are not able to see 'Imaging Devices' section or if your webcam is not displayed under 'Imaging Devices' then, then there may be a hardware issue and you need to contact nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contactIf your webcam is displayed in Device Manager, you can resolve the issue performing the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the following link:http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9909/~/webcam-error-message%3A-camera-not-found...Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Laptop-Acer-E1-571-software-issues/td-p/344736/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi any help would be apprecated I am at a friends place for new years and they have a wirelss router I have an acer laptop with windows vista basic on it i hate vista with a passion A few weeks ago my friend did a couple of things to Internet Laptop issues Acer speed up my internet Acer Laptop Internet issues and ever since i havent been able to connect to the interenet unless i am at home on my network I dont knw what he did and i cant get in touch with him and now unless i am home i cant connect to the internet or i do and it is a quot limited quot connection and i cant do anything anyway any ideas at Acer Laptop Internet issues all will be helpful I know i dont have a trojan or worm or anything like that on there i have recently done scanns and they all are clean but please anyone who can help please do and i will give as much information as i can Thank you and happy new year nbsp

A:Acer Laptop Internet issues

AT home you would be on private network.
On the road you would be on a public network.

Just check Network and Sharing Center for current network settings your on.
At you friends house he should be on private network and you should be able to connect wired or wireless on his network either under guest mode or using his assigned pin passcode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-internet-issues.140555/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys, i m having a problem with my laptop, it dosent recoqnize the web cam, even in skype program. I dont know what to do. Any help? Thx in advence. Greetings

A:Laptop Acer E1-571 software issues.

In this case, first check if your webcam is displayed in the Device Manager. To do this, you can follow the steps below:1. Go to 'Device Manager' by following the steps mentioned on the links below:For Windows 8.1:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/where-is-device-managerFor Windows 7:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/open-device-manager#1TC=windows-72. Navigate to 'Imaging Devices' and check if your webcam is displayed. If you are not able to see 'Imaging Devices' section or if your webcam is not displayed under 'Imaging Devices' then, then there may be a hardware issue and you need to contact nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contactIf your webcam is displayed in Device Manager, you can resolve the issue performing the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the following link:http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9909/~/webcam-error-message%3A-camera-not-found...Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Laptop-Acer-E1-571-software-issues/td-p/344736
Relevancy 58.05%

I deleted my Acer Laptop Realtek microphone from my audio setup and would like to re-install it. I can no longer find it as an option. How may I re-install that?

Thank you.
Paul

A:Re-installing Acer Laptop Realtek microphone function

Try a refresh of the RealTek audio. Go to the Device Manager, Sounds section. RIGHT click on the entry for the RealTek to highlight it and then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will reinstall the audio. The may take care of it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/361927-re-installing-acer-laptop-realtek-microphone-function.html
Relevancy 57.62%

i have a sony laptop with vista 32 bit.when i reboot with the dvd it takes hell of a time to show "windows loading" then it just gets stuck there nothing happens and when i press anything while its stuck it makes beep sounds. can anyone help.i want to dual boot this with my vista as my vista is genuine.and i have also heard that after installing this in a sony laptop wireless network and fn keys and many other things like webcam, fingerprint sensor doesn't work.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

SPECS:

core2duo t5900
vistax86
ram 2gb
hdd 250 gb

PLEASE HELP I WANT THIS TO DUAL BOOT WiTH MY PREINSTALLED VISTA

I GOT THE WIN7 FROM TORRENT AND INSTALLED IT IN MY DESKTOP IT WORKS FINE THERE> HOW TO INSATLL THIS IN MY LAPTOP PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Need help in installing win7 in my sony laptop:URGENT

Quote: Originally Posted by adstark021

i have a sony laptop with vista 32 bit.when i reboot with the dvd it takes hell of a time to show "windows loading" then it just gets stuck there nothing happens and when i press anything while its stuck it makes beep sounds. can anyone help.i want to dual boot this with my vista as my vista is genuine.and i have also heard that after installing this in a sony laptop wireless network and fn keys and many other things like webcam, fingerprint sensor doesn't work.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

SPECS:

core2duo t5900
vistax86
ram 2gb
hdd 250 gb

PLEASE HELP I WANT THIS TO DUAL BOOT WiTH MY PREINSTALLED VISTA

I GOT THE WIN7 FROM TORRENT AND INSTALLED IT IN MY DESKTOP IT WORKS FINE THERE> HOW TO INSATLL THIS IN MY LAPTOP PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will need a legitimate copy of windows to receive any help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288084-need-help-installing-win7-my-sony-laptop-urgent.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

On my new Fujitsu laptop, I replaced Win7 Home Basic 64-bit with Win7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit.

However, I cannot see any option to use the webcam. Infact the camera is not listed (or its icon not visible) anywhere in the system.

I already used the Drivers and Utilities CD supplied by Fujitsu to load all required drivers on the hard drive.

Plz advice.

A:Camera is not available after installing Win7 Ultimate on my laptop

May I request if someone can provide a clue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/261170-camera-not-available-after-installing-win7-ultimate-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Toshiba Satelite laptop (Windows 8) which the Hdd has failed. As I hate Win 8 can I install Win 7 on a new Hdd once I replace the old dead hdd

A:Installing Win7 on new HDD for laptop preinstalled with Win8

It depends on which Satellite model it is. Toshiba may not have any Windows 7 drivers for that model, and without those, devices like WiFi, sound & graphics won't work properly, if at all.Check Tosiba's website before putting Windows 7 on it. If you had posted the exact model I could have checked it for you, but since you didn't you'll have to check it yourself:Choose your region & country here: http://www.toshiba.co.jp/worldwide/...message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/installing-win7-on-new-hdd-for-laptop-preinstalled-with-win8/1550.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My Acer Installing Aspire Webc... Laptop Acer Factory 5532 OE Aspire laptop is still running strong nbsp With Acer Aspire 5532 Laptop Installing Factory OE Webc... a SSD a TL- Turion gb ram and Windows upgrade this year old machine still gets the job done and is just as quick as my dad's new surface in many ways Acer Aspire 5532 Laptop Installing Factory OE Webc... nbsp I've been wanting to have a webcam on my laptop for awhile for work purposes as well as the ability to Skype with family members who live in other states and who do not have apple devices to facetime nbsp Since these laptops only have usb ports and I use one of them already for an external wireless mouse getting a USB webcam wasn't an option I wanted to pursue nbsp I want to let people know who are looking for information that you CAN install a factory original webcam pretty easily on your aspire laptop nbsp Since the aspire eMachines and are all basically the same computers I would be willing to bet this upgrade would work on those computers as well nbsp However I'm only able to confirm that this upgrade worked on a computer that did not have a webcam or a montior cable with a plug to include a webcam nbsp The parts needed will be the monitor cable DC Y and the camera itself PK H nbsp I found it easiest to source these parts on eBay which I did for under after shipping nbsp Also note check behind your screen montior cover before purchasing the DC Y cable I've seen some of these machines with the correct cable already installed even though it doesn't have the camera nbsp Which in that case all you need to do is purchase the camera with the part number I listed above nbsp There are screws in each corner that hold the cover and screen in place and you'll also need to pull up the speaker power button cover which snaps in nbsp The small piece of plastic that covers where the camera lens needs to show is held by some adheasive and can be pressed out from the inside when you pull that cover bezzel off nbsp Take your time removing and installing the new plugs wires clips nbsp These are delicate parts and if you rush or force something you could potentially really damage your machine nbsp Aside from that with only a basic correct size phillips screwdriver and a small flathead screwdriver I had my factory camera installed in under minutes nbsp Enjoy your webcam and not needing to waste another USB port

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5532-Laptop-Installing-Factory-OE-Webcam-Into-The/td-p/428829/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 57.62%

My Acer Aspire laptop is still running Factory OE Laptop Webc... Installing Aspire 5532 Acer strong nbsp With a SSD a TL- Turion gb ram and Windows upgrade this year old machine still gets the job done and is just as quick as my dad's new surface in many ways nbsp I've been wanting to have a Acer Aspire 5532 Laptop Installing Factory OE Webc... webcam on my laptop for awhile for work purposes as well as the ability to Skype with family members who live in other states and who do not have apple devices to facetime nbsp Since these laptops only have usb ports and I use one of them already for an external wireless mouse getting a USB webcam wasn't an option I wanted to pursue nbsp I want to let people know who are looking for information that you CAN install a factory original webcam pretty easily on your aspire laptop nbsp Since the aspire eMachines and are all basically the same computers I would be willing to bet this upgrade would work on those computers as well nbsp However I'm only able to confirm that this upgrade worked on a computer that did not have a webcam or a montior cable with a plug to include a webcam nbsp The parts needed will be the monitor cable DC Y and the camera itself PK H nbsp I found it easiest to source these parts on eBay which I did for under after shipping nbsp Also note check behind your screen montior cover before purchasing the DC Y cable I've seen some of these machines with the correct cable already installed even though it doesn't have the camera nbsp Which in that case all you need to do is purchase the camera with the part number I listed above nbsp There are screws in each corner that hold the cover and screen in place and you'll also need to pull up the speaker power button cover which snaps in nbsp The small piece of plastic that covers where the camera lens needs to show is held by some adheasive and can be pressed out from the inside when you pull that cover bezzel off nbsp Take your time removing and installing the new plugs wires clips nbsp These are delicate parts and if you rush or force something you could potentially really damage your machine nbsp Aside from that with only a basic correct size phillips screwdriver and a small flathead screwdriver I had my factory camera installed in under minutes nbsp Enjoy your webcam and not needing to waste another USB port

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5532-Laptop-Installing-Factory-OE-Webcam-Into-The/m-p/428829
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello; can anybody help me in this case,
i have a HP laptop model 15-r240nb with windows 8 but i reinstalled with win7 but all my USB ports are not working, can anybody help me what to do.
i have already installed all drivers, checked in bois, regedit, device manager but not yet any result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393690-hp-laptop-model-15-r240nb-not-working-after-installing-win7.html
Relevancy 56.76%

So im having nightmares about this laptop

Model:
Acer E1-510

Secure boot disabled - it only comes with " UEFI " in boot section.

cant change anything else in bios.

I have followed this instruction -> UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

and i get this error when booting from the USB

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1400622544

any thoughts to what i can do, or am i on a mission impossible ?

A:Installing win7 on pre inst. win 8 laptop - boot\bcd error

Check again for all of the UEFI, CSM or LEgacy BIOS settings you have on any of the BIOS setup tabs, expanding them so we can see every choice. If you can take camera snaps and post them back using the paper clip icon, we can help you better. Otherwise type the choices out in full.

In many cases it requires a Legacy or CSM setting to even install Win7 in UEFI mode.

Edit: Anshad provides a BIOS update below to give you the needed settings. Watch the video to understand how to apply them.

Better to Bypass UEFI to Install WIn7 since UEFI confers almost no benefits and plenty of headaches we see every day here.

How is the USB stick formatted? If stuck with UEFI, use Option One from UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/332111-installing-win7-pre-inst-win-8-laptop-boot-bcd-error.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Pretty much what the Tittle said I have Compatibility Ubunto report installing OS laptop when on Win7 a Toshiba Satellite L - L Laptop with GB ram upgraded it was originally running Win Vista then i upgraded it to Ubuntu but my mum though that windows is more suitable for her so she asked me to replace Ubuntu with Win So during the installation of win i chose to quot upgrade now quot and i was brought to the compatibility page saying quot quot This computer started using the installation disc Remove the disc and start Windows normally then insert the disc and continue the upgrade quot and could not carry on the installation i did some research and found few forum thread such as quot this Compatibility report when installing Win7 on Ubunto OS laptop quot I followed some solutions that poeple posted on the Compatibility report when installing Win7 on Ubunto OS laptop thread uninstalling drivers and rd party programs but still to no avail please help me I appreciate any guidance you can give me If you need any more information please just ask Thanks so much -NG

A:Compatibility report when installing Win7 on Ubunto OS laptop

You are supposed to choose the 'Custom' option and NOT 'Upgrade' during installation. Upgrade option works when you need to upgrade an older version of Windows such as Vista from within Windows.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/283906-compatibility-report-when-installing-win7-ubunto-os-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Good day to all,
I'm just wondering if it's possible to install Windows 7 x64 on my laptop as a dual boot option? It's running Windows 8.1 upgraded from Windows 8.
If it's possible(considering I'll be installing via partitioning my D drive), will I still be able to use applications installed on Win 8.1 on the newly installed Win7? (ie Microsoft Office '10; various Online Games)
[edit] And will I have to reinstall drivers? (ie Sound/Graphic Drivers)
[edit2]
Specs:
Asus K46CA

Intel i3-3217 1.8ghz
4GB Ram
500GB HDD
Intel HM76 Express Chipset
Intel HD 4000 Graphics
Windows 8.1 Single Language
Thanks in advanced!

A:[Q] Installing Win7 on Win8.1 Laptop as Dual Boot

Not knowing the model notebook you have or the age of it, it is hard to say. Although I have Win 8 running in a VM on my Win 7 desktop system I rarely use it and do not have any system designed specifically for Win 8. From what I have read Some feature in Win 8 Locks the EFI ( BIOS ) so no other operating system can be installed. But IIRC that is a Feature of the UEFI and can be turned off.
So if there are Windows 7 drivers for the hardware in your Notebook you should be able to install Win 7 without a problem once, or IF, that Lock feature is turned off.

As to the programs you have installed in Win 8, No you can't use them in Windows 7 until you Install them in to the Windows 7 install you plan on doing. You will have 2 separate operating system installed and for each every program you want to use in both will need to be installed into both.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39314-q-installing-win7-win8-1-laptop-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hope I am posting in the correct forum I bought a cheap Toshiba laptop Win7 Laptop Game issues and with for my daughter A Satellite L with a ATI Radeon in it Her games will not display in a full screen They just display in a tiny window in the center of the screen These games displayed fine on a Laptop and Game issues with Win7 Vista desktop we have I have tried the following - Used compatibility mode - this had no effect - Updated ATI drivers - again no effect - Hooked it up to an external monitor This worked sometimes other time it didn't Also when she closes the lid sometimes that made the output to the monitor quit - The OS is up to date with patches - Checked Toshiba's web site - nothing - Checked the game's web site - nothing - Checked the game settings - nothing for video output there These are silly kid's games nothing resource intensive I am thinking of downgrading to XP but that would be a PITA and I am not sure that would even work What else can I try Thanks

A:Laptop and Game issues with Win7

Welcome
One of our best threads on game problems
Tips on Troubleshooting Game Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/123933-laptop-game-issues-win7.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Have been trying to install XP Home on an Acer Aspire 4730Z which came with Vista 32-bit operating system as a standard.

I have been trying to install XP Home SP2, I get as far as being able to boot from the CD at startup, then once the installation has finished booting and loading files, it suddenly blue-screens.

The code on the blue screen I get is the following:

0x0000007B
0xF78D2524
0xC0000034
0x00000000
0x00000000€

Anyone able to tell me what is going wrong? Or another way I can install XP rather than Vista on this laptop?

Relevancy 56.76%

I have this laptop for days now and got a couple of BSOD memory dumps I'm e1-510 BSOD New issues memory - dump laptop acer using laptop for usual stuff like browsing typing I don't even New laptop acer e1-510 memory dump issues - BSOD play games I one of the crash I got error report Quote Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA CD BCP FFFFF BCP FFFFFA A B C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Bunny AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I'm using win pro x Intel R Celeron R CPU N GHz other info you can find in my profile I checked SMART values it's all green checked I did via my computer tool options disc check with checked options for fix errors and bad sector recovery in boot mode I got this report afterwards when I did disc check with advance system care Quote Volume label is system Errors not found Advanced SystemCare is verifying files stage of file records processed File verification completed large file records processed bad file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed Advanced SystemCare is verifying indexes stage of index entries processed Index verification completed Advanced SystemCare is verifying security descriptors stage of file SDs SIDs processed Security descriptor verification completed data files processed Advanced SystemCare is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed The master file table's MFT BITMAP attribute is incorrect KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk Attachment Attachment I can't figure it out why is it happening

A:New laptop acer e1-510 memory dump issues - BSOD

Hello and welcome Kuhinja mate I am not terribly good at reading those dump files but I find some references to some driver is missing.
I don't know which unfortunately and can I suggest you take the machine back under warranty as that is no time at all for the laptop to go bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346178-new-laptop-acer-e1-510-memory-dump-issues-bsod.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone i ve been having a lot of problems with my laptop I don t even know where to begin maybe from the beginning There was this time around or so days ago that i installed a thing?! to this fix a massive Isn't way issues with Solved: Acer there laptop certain program called Revo Uninstaller It let me remove residual files left by uninstalled software Best of all i thought at the time was the fact that Solved: Isn't there a way to fix this thing?! Acer laptop with massive issues it allowed me to delete registry keys added changed by the said software Soon my laptop started slowing down When it became critical i decided the best thing was to do a clean install of windows That was when the brown stuff hit the fan The laptop refused to boot from the disc Luckily i have a desktop computer so i opened up the laptop took out the hard drive and hooked it up to the desktop I used the desktop to format the laptop s hard drive and to install windows It was late so i left it and came back in the morning I got a message saying something about i o error and the installation was cancelled After that i returned the drive to the laptop and bought a USB stick I was able to transfer the installation files and make the stick bootable So i used it to start the installation once more The same error came up At this time i was told that the error came due to some components acting up As advised i disconnected the DVD drive and one stick of RAM When i tried the installation once more i got a different error something like Could not set offline locale information I was frustrated so i tried something different i tried installing Ubuntu but the display stopped working just as the installation was about to begin So i tried Fedora same thing I even dredged up an old Windows XP installation it didn t even load the setup files I was frustrated and luckily came across an article about the locale error It said that possibly the harddrive was failing and i could install windows by creating several partitions and hoping one would not contain as many damaged sectors Prior to this i had run chkdsk and sfc scannow chkdsk failed to create and store the result log file and sfc just failed I did as stated and Windows installed So now that windows was back i ran a command that would query the drive s health but the test results said everything was ok I m not sure if it said the truth However Windows is still slow and frustrating I think it s a hardware problem since even after over clean installs everything is still slow The specs Acer Aspire z Windows Home Premium SP bit Current W Professional SP -bit initially GB RAM GHz Dual core Intel processor Anything else you want to know please ask So what is causing all this Is my hard drive failing or is my laptop just dying Is there a way i can fix this Something else it doesn t seem to recognize usb devices It plays th Device Connected sound but nothing shows up in the removable devices list nbsp

A:Solved: Isn't there a way to fix this thing?! Acer laptop with massive issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-isnt-there-a-way-to-fix-this-thing-acer-laptop-with-massive-issues.1120606/
Relevancy 56.33%

Dear Friends i have a problem installing a USB WiFi Dongle on my Laptop which is running Windows Ultimate x To be more specific My laptop is HP Pavilion dv ev and it's running Windows Ultimate bit The laptop works fine and there isn't any problem It's Wifi Network Adapter is Intel WiFi Link AGN and it has no problem A few days ago i bought USB WiFi Dongles TP-Link TL-WN N and Netis F which are both compatible with Windows bit Before using them on my laptop i tested the adapters on my desktop PC Windows bit and they work perfectly fine Afterwords i tried to install them on my Laptop but unfortunately i wasn't able to make them work I will try to describe in detail the problems that appear because usb running Problem installing wifi x64 laptop dongle win7 on they are common to both USB wifi Adapters Note i try to install adapter every time the reason i bought the nd adapter is to check if there was a problem with the first one i bought The steps i followed were A First TRY Disable the Intel WiFi Link AGN which is on the laptops motherboard Install the Drivers amp the Utilities from the CD Included in the box The USB WiFi Adapters where installed - I checked in the Device Manager Working Fine a The USB wifi adapters cant find wireless networks on Network and Sharing Center and Device Manager the USB Adapters appear enable b Sometime the USB Adapters appear on Network and Sharing Center Disabled and i can not make them enable on Device Manager the adapters appear to work fine When i run DIAGNOSE Wireless Network Connections i get the message quot There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless Network Connection Adapter quot B Second Try I followed the above steps but i used the latest drivers and utility i have downloaded from the TP LInk and Netis Websites Problem installing usb wifi dongle on laptop running win7 x64 The problem still persists c Third Try I followed the steps on FIRST TRY but i used UPDATE DRIVERS option on Device Manager Problem installing usb wifi dongle on laptop running win7 x64 to update the drivers The drivers were up to date Problem installing usb wifi dongle on laptop running win7 x64 The problem persists d Fourth Try I tried to install the USB adapters on different laptops Lenovo windows bit and HP Probook Windows Home bit but the same problems appear e Fifth try I formatted my laptop upgrade the BIOS to the last Version Update the windows The problem persists f Next Tries I check Service WLNA Autoconfig and i found working fine STARTED and set to AUTOMATIC I disable FIREWALL and ANTIVIRUS nothing again I tried on CMD the ipconfig all command but the Adapter is not Found Please Help me What do i do wrong are there any more setting i can try Best regards George

A:Problem installing usb wifi dongle on laptop running win7 x64

Sometimes it helps to unplug the modem/router from the power for a few minutes then restart it as well as restart the computer. Don't worry about using 3rd party utilities to find and log into your network as Windows mostly manages it well enough and it saves you having another program running in the background

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349008-problem-installing-usb-wifi-dongle-laptop-running-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Dear Friends i have a problem installing a USB WiFi Dongle on my Laptop which x64 Dongle Installing Win7 a USB Laptop Running a on WiFi Problem is running Win Ultimate x To be more specific My laptop is HP Pavilion dv ev and it's running Windows Ultimate bit The laptop works fine Problem Installing a USB WiFi Dongle on a Laptop Running Win7 x64 and there isn't any problem It's Problem Installing a USB WiFi Dongle on a Laptop Running Win7 x64 Wifi Network Adapter is Intel WiFi Link AGN and it has no problem A few days ago i bought USB WiFi Dongles TP-Link TL-WN Problem Installing a USB WiFi Dongle on a Laptop Running Win7 x64 N and Netis F which are both compatible with Windows bit Before using them on my laptop i tested the adapters on my desktop PC Windows bit and they work perfectly fine Afterwords i tried to install them on my Laptop but unfortunately i wasn't able to make them work I will try to describe in detail the problems that appear because they are common to both USB wifi Adapters Note i try to install adapter every time the reason i bought the nd adapter is to check if there was a problem with the first one i bought The steps i followed were A First TRY Disable the Intel WiFi Link AGN which is on the laptops motherboard Install the Drivers amp the Utilities from the CD Included in the box The USB WiFi Adapters where installed - I checked in the Device Manager Working Fine a The USB wifi adapters cant find wireless networks on Network and Sharing Center and Device Manager the USB Adapters appear enable b Sometime the USB Adapters appear on Network and Sharing Center Disabled and i can not make them enable on Device Manager the adapters appear to work fine When i run DIAGNOSE Wireless Network Connections i get the message quot There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless Network Connection Adapter quot B Second Try I followed the above steps but i used the latest drivers and utility i have downloaded from the TP LInk and Netis Websites The problem still persists c Third Try I followed the steps on FIRST TRY but i used UPDATE DRIVERS option on Device Manager to update the drivers The drivers were up to date The problem persists d Fourth Try I tried to install the USB adapters on different laptops Lenovo windows bit and HP Probook Windows Home bit but the same problems appear e Fifth try I formatted my laptop upgrade the BIOS to the last Version Update the windows The problem persists f Next Tries I check Service WLNA Autoconfig and i found working fine STARTED and set to AUTOMATIC I disable FIREWALL and ANTIVIRUS nothing again I tried on CMD the ipconfig all command but the Adapter is not Found Please Help me What do i do wrong are there any more setting i can try Best regards George

A:Problem Installing a USB WiFi Dongle on a Laptop Running Win7 x64

The solution was very simple!!

Thnks to the TP-Link Support team the problem was solved.

SOLUTION
1. Remove the Driver and Utility of the TP-Link USB WiFi Adapter
2. Start windows 7 in SAFE MODE
3. Install only the Latest Driver for the adapter
4. And it works!!

Thnks all of you for your help and Support.

Best Regards,
George

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/348961-problem-installing-usb-wifi-dongle-laptop-running-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 56.33%

So I am changing from the stock Windows 8 to Windows 7 on my laptop and so far it's been a bumpy road. Using driver programs, windows updates and starting with only the wr drive working on this driver-less monster.
Here's my boggle. Some "unknown" PCI device driver listed in Device Manager won't install. My USB will not work on my HP Envy d6 Beats audio intel i7 laptop. I tried a few suggested on the net and both claim that the hardware is not present, yet in my device manager it shows the 'usb device' as not having a driver. Just as well the 3 usb slots in my laptop do not work, (two on the left, one on the right.) I have almost everything working and I need help please.

Thanks!
(edit added) Thank you for any help into this matter as I love using Win 7 and can't stand Windows 8.

A:Solved: Installing Win7 from Win8 onto an HP Envy d6 laptop. Need drivers help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-win7-from-win8-onto-an-hp-envy-d6-laptop-need-drivers-help.1139098/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all at Windows SevenForums

I am having some unusual issues with my Dell laptop running Win7.
When I start up my laptop i am met with this message :

Remote procedure call cannot start.

I have also ran Combofix and this found these issues :

c:\windows\system32\%appdata%

Combofix could not remove this file:

whitedir01

I have also ran these scanners

Malwarebytes
Superantispyware
Trend Micro Housecall
Eset Online scanner
Adaware
Spybot search and destroy
Spyware terminater
Bitdefender online scanner
Panda cloud scanner

These found NO Problems/Malware

I am also usually very careful about my online activity and downloads but I think this may be a Malware issue.

Can anybody at Windows Seven Forums help me to make sure my system is safe and secure ?

A:Unusual Issues with my Win7 Dell Laptop. Can you help ?

You should start by making sure the Remote Procedure Call(RPC) service is set to automatic. Click Start and right click on Computer and select Manage. You will get a new Window and should Open Services and Applications and then open Services. Scroll down to Remote Procedure Call(RPC) and make sure that it is set to automatic and make sure that Remote Procedure Call(RPC) locator is set to manual. RPC is a very important service that needs to be running. A lot of Windows functions rely on this service.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/80423-unusual-issues-my-win7-dell-laptop-can-you-help.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I'm new to this so am hoping i give all the correct information regarding my problem Windows Defender popped up earlier on informing me of a trojan and laptop Blue with acer screen aspire issues 6920 asking if it was to be removed i said yes and continued on my merry way installing a game when i started to get lots of pop-ups i closed them all and then had another or so trojans discovered on my computer so thought a restart as i'd been told by WD would be the best bet My game had just installed when my puter turned itself off and since then all i got was a looping blue screen and the screen that says to repair or start normally if i choose repair it comes back to the same screen if i choose normal it goes Blue screen issues with acer aspire 6920 laptop straight to the blue screen I have downloaded on mothers pc a vista recovery disc done F and changed to boot from cd dvd drive and now i'm stuck with a pc dos screen or is it a command prompt screen and nothing i put into the command lines will make it boot It's and Acer Aspire laptop running Vista all service packs and updates have installed with no problems to my knowledge anyway I'm sorry i haven't got any screenshots and i also apologise if this is comfusing or i've left out any relevant information that you need to know Can anyone help

A:Blue screen issues with acer aspire 6920 laptop

Please provide this information: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-issues-with-acer-aspire-6920-laptop-454222.html
Relevancy 56.33%

so i recently got a (audio, 575G video, v3 Laptop Acer Issues new stea... new laptopan acer aspire v - Acer v3 575G new Laptop Issues (audio, video, stea... G windows GB ram which i upgraded to an nvidia gt m intel i U part number according to the website from which i bought it is - nx g esi i updated drivers and started installing apps recently about - days after getting it the first thing i noticed was-steam exe has been having issues when ever i try to start it it says checking for updates verifying updates and then just exits doesn't even launch steam even though it says its running in the task manager then randomly after searching online for hours and trying multiple things it works suddenly and then it stopped working again so i'm getting very annoyed and worried about this things I've tried is ending task in task manager and re launching launching in other compatibility modes launching in offline modes disabling windows defender uninstalling and re-installing steam multiple times even factory resetting twice and the other problems ive noticed that happen WHEN all of these issues take place is i cant play any movies either in movies and tv or in VLC it just shows an infinite loading circle shockwave flash crashes on some pages when it happens sometimes audio services says its not running and also notifications freeze when i click on them after the second factory reset FOR NOW my laptop seems to have no issues every other restart or every rd restart the rest of the times though all of these issues happen is there any obvious step or issue that im missing cuz ive tried everything updating drivers downloading an antivirus and deleting it after it didnt help even restarting my laptop multiple times i just dont get whats wrong my old laptop that could barely run anything and had all outdated drivers never had this issue please please help me do all of these issues seem familiar can anyone help me out please here are pictures of the shockwave and movies errors during this issue not sure if they are useful nbsp i removed all bloatware that i think possible after the factory restore didn't help to see if that would help me edit- i recently noticed windows defender also has issues when this happens although i dont know if its relatedhttp imgur com a OCkML

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-v3-575G-new-Laptop-Issues-audio-video-steam-exe-wont-start/td-p/454069
Relevancy 55.9%
A:can't install drivers after installing win7 ultimate on my laptop Sony VGNNS140D

You can get the drivers from the manufacturer support site. (see link below)

Sony eSupport - VGN-NS140D - Support

Make sure to choose the correct version of Windows.

If you don't have internet connection on the laptop you can save the files to

a disc or USB drive and then transfer them to the problem PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-install-drivers-after-installing-win7-ultimate-on-my-laptop-sony-vgnns140d-657982.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Summary Either my overheating HP pavilion dv laptop or MS security essentials shutdowns,driver+corruption new win7 hp laptop issues on causes or something else is causing my sound card driver and hp laptop causes shutdowns,driver+corruption issues on new win7 partially the touch pad too to fail and to arbitrarily corrupt updates of software The long story I have an hp laptop that my friend just gave to me pavilion dv w amd turion x mobile tl- gigs of ddr ram mhz mb on an nvidia nforce m card and gig hdd which has a significant overheating problem or perhaps i'm doing something wrong and possibly the cause of a host of other issues For example if I leave the laptop on my computer desk for an hour while it's downloading a large file it will overheat the cpu will get to a toasty degrees fahrenheit of course the graphics card to about - and the hdd to - I've tried everything from installing Granola visit grano la it's a program that uses the DVFS API to reduce processor speed it slowed down the overall heating process but it still heated up to the same temp after hours to holding up a large fan to the bottom of the laptop which gets the temp down until I turn the fan off or put the laptop down so I can actually use it to disabling all aero effects which helped nothing However the problems go on After installing windows this laptop came with vista which worked fine but had my friends financial data personal data etc and i didn't have a vista cd I've also had a number of software issues After reinstalling the drivers through windows update I have found that my dvd drive does not work It didn't work before when the laptop had vista but the driver from the HP site refused to install quot cannot detect MEDIA drive quot or something Everything else worked until randomly my sound died i e failed to function along with the scrollbar on the synaptics touch pad A restart produced a complete failure to start the sound card driver and I have no sound neither from the speakers nor through the headphone jack Performing a system restore got the sound card working again until I installed the definitions for MS Security Essentials probably a coincidence At almost the exact moment when the install began my sound card died once more along with the scroll bar Also on the next boot attempting to update two particular pieces of software adobe reader and minefield a k a firefox pre-alpha nightly build resulted in errors for both Running S M A R T tests on the drive shows nothing worrying Moreover the dvd drive has never worked and neither has booting from a cd even when I moved the option to the top in the BIOS however USB boot works Running Ubuntu on a live cd while using wubi exe on the live cd to modify the MBR so I could boot from the external dvd drive has NOT caused this overheating problem using the open source graphics drivers and therefore all desktop effects disabled I left it on all night and the temps were all in a safe range and it hadn't shut off Hooray My question Is this software hardware or both Is this something I can fix without purchasing a heat sink and a new hard drive or worse a new laptop Most importantly what is happening

A:hp laptop causes shutdowns,driver+corruption issues on new win7

I have an HP dv9000. My wireless adapter on my computer died a few months ago, and I'm pretty sure it was the overheating. Easiest and cheap solution, buy a computer fan. A bit pricey, but its cheaper than buy a new driver or replacing hardware that just cant take the heat. Thankfully I was still on warranty do Bestbuy fixed it. But I highly recommend getting a computer fan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/89750-hp-laptop-causes-shutdowns-driver-corruption-issues-new-win7.html
Relevancy 55.47%

help I'm soooo confused I'm trying to handle a lot of data over several disks Have a laptop on the network connected via a router and network drives and shares have been working well in Windows so far I've reached a point where I'd like to create shares using cmd I found and downloaded rmtshare exe and after some time I managed to create some network shares on a windows desktop using the command rmtshare computername sharename drive path grant user f remove everyone It works but When I try this on my laptop same OS however I get quot command failed error quot The interesting thing is I can create and delete network shares on the desktop computer DESKTOP when at the command prompt ON THE LAPTOP ACE but not vice versa rmtshare ACE returns the network shares but none can be added or removed Same user account pwd on both machines same OS same workgroup now too So I can create shares on the desktop computer from EITHER computer using for example rmtshare DESKTOP moreusers c users grant zephyr f remove everyone but when trying the equivalent on the laptop rmtshare ACE somemoreusers c users grant zephyr f remove everyone I 7 aspire ultimate d250) rmtshare one issues on (acer windows laptop get the error rmtshare computername works on both machines when calling both machines ie it lists all network rmtshare issues on windows 7 ultimate laptop (acer aspire one d250) shares but only shares to the desktop can be created Sharing via explorer using properties and the sharing tab works fine on the laptop it's only when setting up networks shares to the laptop from either the laptop or the desktop where I run into this issue Weird Anyone any ideas Hope this makes sense and thanks for any suggestions or advice THANKS Jonny

A:rmtshare issues on windows 7 ultimate laptop (acer aspire one d250)

well the rmtshare stopped working on both, but I'm still able to map networks, just unable to set "advanced" permissions on the share. Any info still, of course, most welcome

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/170783-rmtshare-issues-windows-7-ultimate-laptop-acer-aspire-one-d250.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am updating our corporate enterprise Windows -bit image with drivers for the new Latitude E model we intend to use I loaded the drivers like I normally do mount the Windows Enterprise -bit custom image using DISM then inject the drivers nbsp dism exe image loaded via DISM automatically offline Issues 3.0 image but Win7 laptop into with Driver will on Latitude not USB install - E7240 quot C build-mount quot Add-Driver driver quot C build drivers E USB quot ForceUnsigned Issues with USB 3.0 Driver on Latitude E7240 laptop - loaded into offline Win7 image via DISM but will not install automatically recurse Everything loads fine in Issues with USB 3.0 Driver on Latitude E7240 laptop - loaded into offline Win7 image via DISM but will not install automatically DISM no errors at all Every single INF reports quot The driver package was successfully installed quot But when I apply the image to a new E laptop all the drivers load except the USB driver I go into Device Manager and see the yellow caution sign on that device I have tried changing the registry in the image to look at a folder called C Drivers as a driver repository and then placed the drivers in there raw but no luck What s frustrating is that you can go into Device Issues with USB 3.0 Driver on Latitude E7240 laptop - loaded into offline Win7 image via DISM but will not install automatically Manager right-click on the USB device with the error then update the driver and it loads fine Why doesn t this driver load automatically like all the other drivers

A:Issues with USB 3.0 Driver on Latitude E7240 laptop - loaded into offline Win7 image via DISM but will not install automatically

I had something similar happen on an image I made, geminitx. I ended up mounting the .wim, via DISM, manually copying the driver(s) into \system32\drivers, and re-committing the image. Once applied to the target PC the driver was magically used. I assume what happened was, upon first boot, it realized there was a problem and scanned \drivers for what it needed, found it, and moved on. Pure conjecture but it worked for me at the time and I moved on.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19564202
Relevancy 51.17%

TL DR New laptop with Linpus Linux can't install Windows from bootable USB title among errors Hi I'm quite desperate to make a forum post so please help me as I've been googling and "STARTING on freezes at laptop new WIN7 WINDOWS". Installing trying all I could for the last hours FIRST Bought new laptop ACER ASPIRE E and it came with a preinstalled Linpus Linux no GUI which has no DVD tray - so I have to install Windows through a bootable USB stick However this is not the problem as I've made a lot of bootable USB sticks before and never encountered these problems So the problems Trying to normally bootup results in windows doing some quot Loading files quot for a few seconds then going into quot Starting windows quot and the animation freezes Installing WIN7 on new laptop freezes at "STARTING WINDOWS". after less than a second Trying to install windows in LEGACY MODE only allows me to pick between Linpus Linux and Create a bootable USB disk - it does not detect the bootable USB Trying to boot with F gives the same animation freeze problem WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR so you don't suggest things I've already done disabled safe boot disabled usb port enabled legacy mode went back to UEFI mode tried both FAT and NTFS file systems tried a different USB port plugged out any other device except for the bootable USB stick I'm using RUFUS and I will try with a different copy of Windows and a different stick after I get some sleep so if you've got other ideas aside from those please comment I am currently trying out the method in this link Install Windows On Acer Aspire One I will return after I finish P S I've tried booting on the PC the one I'm typing from right now and it only showed an underline blipping and just that - it did not boot So I'm guessing I did not boot correctly even though it might be because I booted for UEFI systems If you know what the cause of this might be then you may actually help me solve it all

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/402507-installing-win7-new-laptop-freezes-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Thanks to the stellar customer service at Dell I have had to recently reinstall windows 7. I was running windows 7 prior to this installation and therefore those files have been moved to windows old. How do I reinstall this file? I'm assuming the process is the same as for other versions but being as I'm not that technically savvy I don't know how to change the command scripts to suit my situation. Can someone help me?

A:How to reinstall windows.old (win7) after installing win7 for 2nd time

Hello Ajansson. and welcome to Seven Forums.

It depends on what you wanted to restore/reinstall. If you just wanted files back from the Windows.old folder, then you could just copy and paste them back into your new installation. Programs and drivers must be reinstalled though.

If you wanted to restore your system back to the previous Windows 7 installation that is now in the Windows.old folder, then the tutorial below should be able to help with that.

Windows.old folder - Restore into a new installation

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/199402-how-reinstall-windows-old-win7-after-installing-win7-2nd-time.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi All,
I current have a win7 ultimate install with bitlocker enabled on the entire drive.
Currently the Ultimate install is on Disk 1(samsung 830 256gb ssd) and Disk 0 is a msata (will be crucial 256gb msata ssd)
I have a couple of questionsWould I be able to encrypt the second drive with bitlocker and install win7 pro?Would install win7 pro from the ultimate install of windows
Would I need to install from ausb/cd

Would I be able to install win7 pro on disk 0 and not need the bitlocker key (sitting on a external usb key) to boot from it (suppose this is decided by bios boot drive setting).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Satpal

A:Installing win7 pro alongside botlockered win7 ultimate

You can encrypt everything (partitions, disks) but there must be at least one primary partition that is not encrypted which will hold boot files.

So on first disk (that you put first in BIOS) you should have the so called "System Reserved" partition which will hold boot files for both systems.

All other partitions you create (have) can be encrypted.

Do not install from within another running Windows system always use DVD/USB external media for installation.

When you install to empty disk Windows 7 creates the "System Reserved" partition by default and another partition for the OS.

SystemReserved is a primary hidden partition of size 100 MB - can be seen in Disk Management.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/267727-installing-win7-pro-alongside-botlockered-win7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am working on 32bit 64bit Win7 Installing machine? Win7 on a Dell Studio running Win Home Premium I need to run a piece of hardware Tascam US that is incompatiable with the bit OS My plan is to partition the drive and install Win bit on the new partition so I can run the mentioned hardware I ve done this on another machine Dual Boot XP and Win and ran into a problems with the bootloader I learned to install older OS FIRST because of that I m wondering if installing Win bit on a current Win bit machine will cause a similar problem with bootloaders I d rather not have to mess with the Installing Win7 32bit on Win7 64bit machine? bootloaders but I really need to run this hardware And since this is a Dell with touchscreen and most IMPORTANTLY a friend s computer I want to be sure I m not going to cause issues I can t fix So again will installing Win bit on a new partition of a Win bit machine cause problems with the bootloader or any other foreseeable problems Thanks a bunch

A:Installing Win7 32bit on Win7 64bit machine?

http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/311/US-122_Win_driver_3_40_notes_E.pdf

This says that the drivers work with 64-bit Vista. Have you tried using the Vista driver?

Driver: http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/311/US122_Win_3.40f.zip

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441033/installing-win7-32bit-on-win7-64bit-machine/
Relevancy 49.45%

Can I install windows 7 ultimate inside the same(key code) windows 7 ultimate by using Virtual Box or Virtual PC and activate both scents its the same PC(laptop in this case)?

Thx
Boot Straps

A:Installing Win7 inside of Win7-actvation

It is within the line that states a single cpu.... but i believe this is a question for a mod or MS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/127895-installing-win7-inside-win7-actvation.html
Relevancy 49.02%

OEM SSD Win7 64 bit on C: I installed a new SSD with Win7 64bit to use as a test drive, but I can't boot to it. I can see the new SSD drive when I am in C:. It is labeled as E: I never gave it a drive letter. Does Win7 issue drive letter sutomatically? When I go into the BIOS at boot up I can't see it. I can boot to it if I remove the power to the C: so it can only boot to the new SSD.

A:Dual Boot issues.. Win7 64 bit & Win7 64bit

Post a snapshot of a full screen Disk Management:

To open Disk Management, press Windows key+r, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO. Make it full screen.

See here: How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums (says it's for Vista but also works with Win 7).

Once you have the image saved, click on the Paperclip Icon next to the Smiley Icon.
In the Manage Attachments window, click Browse and navigate to where you saved the image and select it.
Click the Upload button.
Close the Manage Attachments window.
Click on the Paperclip Icon again and select the image you uploaded. It will be placed in your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/263522-dual-boot-issues-win7-64-bit-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I Alienware to "Area-51 Issues D9T believe) Installing m7700"(I an Laptop/ AKA made a post earlier this evening and I thought I had it figured out but it turns out I couldn t of been any further from right I m having major issues trying to install ANY OS to this system as Windows refuses to read the hard drives in the setup --- Currently it s configured Issues Installing to an Alienware D9T Laptop/ AKA "Area-51 m7700"(I believe) in RAID stripe I can take off the raid easily enough THE system BIOS refuses to detect the hard drives no matter which configuration I choose to do it in I ve attached a picture of the BIOS posting for the forum to see what bios revision and such I m running The Windows Setup will refuse to detect the hard drives as well THOUGH THEY WILL SHOW UP IN THE RAID configuration utility both of them I went to attempt and install Windows XP to see if I could just revert to the original OS on this computer and Issues Installing to an Alienware D9T Laptop/ AKA "Area-51 m7700"(I believe) I can t even get the laptop to boot from the DVD ROM drive For some reason the BIOS has Issues Installing to an Alienware D9T Laptop/ AKA "Area-51 m7700"(I believe) disabled boot from USB CD DVD device or something like that- with no option to try and re-enable it ---------------re-enabled the CDBoot if so choose I m stuck on installing WIN though In the BIOS I have different options for the HD s RAID ATA NONE Currently I have selected RAID for what I m about to attempt based on what another forum has had on it from nearly years ago This is what I m attempting now to fix this issue Downloading the driver for the RAID Controller from http support alienware com Suppor processed aspx os WXP amp cat amp manu amp item Someone mentioned to quot Slipstream quot it into my Windows installation I m not sure on how to do this but I m about to look up quot Nlite quot to see if this is possible as I m installing from a USB drive Please help me out here and let me know what I m doing wrong I know the BIOS should at least detect the hard drives Is my BIOS outdated Am I missing some sort of vital focal point Any advice is welcome as I m about ready to make this thing a very very heavy paperweight nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-installing-to-an-alienware-d9t-laptop-aka-area-51-m7700-i-believe.1018682/
Relevancy 47.73%

im new here, so first hello all.

i use windows xp for my DAW and Linux for everything else.
i have now win7 but before i format the pc i need help with one problem.

currently
when xp OS software becomes unstable all i need to do is
1, get my ghost ver8 which is on a boot cd
2, boot to prompt and run ghost to find the image on another partition
3, restoring the image takes 10 minutes
4, restart
after the steps above win xp and my DAW is back to the perfect working order.

win 7 does not support ghost 8 (dos version) and neither can i boot to prompt.
so that is my big headache.

is there a way that i can image my hdd partition but most importantly to restore the image on the hdd without installing win7 ?

thank you
Tux Ulin

A:how to get image onto win7 without installing the win7 os ?

Quote: Originally Posted by tuxulin

im new here, so first hello all.

i use windows xp for my DAW and Linux for everything else.
i have now win7 but before i format the pc i need help with one problem.

currently
when xp OS software becomes unstable all i need to do is
1, get my ghost ver8 which is on a boot cd
2, boot to prompt and run ghost to find the image on another partition
3, restoring the image takes 10 minutes
4, restart
after the steps above win xp and my DAW is back to the perfect working order.

win 7 does not support ghost 8 (dos version) and neither can i boot to prompt.
so that is my big headache.

is there a way that i can image my hdd partition but most importantly to restore the image on the hdd without installing win7 ?

thank you
Tux Ulin

Acronis true home does that and a whole lot more. Doesnt have the Bloat of symantec, and can convert win 7 back ups to acronis and acronis to win y7.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/133437-how-get-image-onto-win7-without-installing-win7-os.html
Relevancy 47.73%

is it possible to format win7 in which sp1 has been installed by using the rtm win7 dvd.please help.

A:format win7 after installing sp1 with only win7 dvd

Hello Nahasradus, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Yes, you would still be able to format the Windows 7 SP1 partition/drive using the installation DVD. Step 7 and 8 in the tutorial below can help show you more on how to do this.

Clean Install Windows 7

Is there anything else that you were needing help with for why you wanted to format? We might be able to help with it in an attempt to avoid formatting.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/172625-format-win7-after-installing-sp1-only-win7-dvd.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I have a acer aspire laptop, and I asume Acer eSettings Management should be on there.

A:Acer eSettings Management is not on my acer laptop

Hi ... It is the Launch Manager software you are looking ... Can be fond on the Acer Website under applications ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/370156-acer-esettings-management-not-my-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I can't for the life of me Vice and Win7 PC Access Laptop Wireless Versa Can't Files on Win7 figure out how to share files between my Win desktop PC and my Win wireless laptop both machines have network discovery turned on file and print sharing turned on and public sharing folder turned on I set a few folders to be shared yet I can't seem to access any files from Win7 PC Can't Access Files on Win7 Wireless Laptop and Vice Versa either machine When I try to access the laptop from my Desktop pc using the Network link in an Explorer window I get a quot Network Error quot window which reads quot Windows cannot access laptop name Check the spelling of the name Otherwise there might be a problem with your network To try to identify and resolve the network problems click diagnose quot Here is something that is odd I can share and access files from my Win desktop PC to my WinXP desktop PC and vice versa but my Win desktop PC and Win wireless laptop refused to share files between each other

A:Win7 PC Can't Access Files on Win7 Wireless Laptop and Vice Versa

Here is guide on how to share files in windows 7: Simple Windows 7 File Sharing: Step-By-Step Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/145754-win7-pc-cant-access-files-win7-wireless-laptop-vice-versa.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a new Toshiba Laptop Win bit CORE i I would 32bit Win7 hdd Cannot desktop read 64bit laptop on new from old Win7 like to run via usb and old hdd from my desktop which was bit Win I have the old hard drive in a SATA enclosure and running it via USB to my laptop When I attempt to either copy or read the old hard drive I get a write protect error Cannot read hdd from old desktop Win7 32bit on new laptop Win7 64bit I have tried the MS registry changes to remove quot write protection quot but the registry entry they call for is non existent in my laptop registry My last post on this was annotated as solved but my explanation was weak I do not want to run this drive as a permanent addition to my system I just need to copy some files from the old drive to the new one If I attempt to use Control Panel Disk Management it tells me the old drive is not quot initialized quot Both options to initialize don't work Cannot read hdd from old desktop Win7 32bit on new laptop Win7 64bit Please help I have some very important medical records that must be copied from old hdd to new

A:Cannot read hdd from old desktop Win7 32bit on new laptop Win7 64bit

Have you tried connecting the old hard drive to the old computer using the SATA connection then connecting your laptop to your network before copying the files over?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232048-cannot-read-hdd-old-desktop-win7-32bit-new-laptop-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'd like to setup a automated Syncing Folders from win7 laptop to win7 desktop and back based on newer files only via the network.. (shared folders)
I am studing uni which requires me to take my laptop to classes, but when doing anything too hardcore (video editing mainly) I used the more powerful desktop machine.
I want it to only sync if the files are newer, but going both ways..

Is that possible?

A:Syncing Folders from win7 laptop to win7 desktop..

Quote: Originally Posted by bloke28

I'd like to setup a automated Syncing Folders from win7 laptop to win7 desktop and back based on newer files only via the network.. (shared folders)
I am studing uni which requires me to take my laptop to classes, but when doing anything too hardcore (video editing mainly) I used the more powerful desktop machine.
I want it to only sync if the files are newer, but going both ways..

Is that possible?

There are hundreds of apps to do that. Microsoft even has one Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - SyncToy 2.1

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173047-syncing-folders-win7-laptop-win7-desktop.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Terry you closed my w/ cont. Acer Win7 last thread and understand why but you gave me some advice I would like to carry on from there if possible Formatting the disk and reinstalling or quot Recover to factory defaults quot Windows should solve all the problems Click to expand As I stated in my Acer w/ Win7 cont. original thread I don t own this Laptop I am trying to help a friend As with most laptops and pc s anymore they don t come with OS disc s only a partition containing the essential s bearing that in mind with no disc no access to the machine and no option to restore repair or reformat from the F screen which allows me the option to start in safe mode how can I do this And sorry for my earlier posting I would have pm ed this but I dont have that privilage here edit I do get the option to repair but you must login to do that nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Was wondering if anybody else has problems with a Acer 1410 Win7 (7100) install & losing your webcam? It worked just fine on the origional OS (Vista Prem) but now I get an error message saying that it can't find any webcam at all.

A:Win7 Acer 1410 install

Quote: Originally Posted by ziggy33

Was wondering if anybody else has problems with a Acer 1410 Win7 (7100) install & losing your webcam? It worked just fine on the origional OS (Vista Prem) but now I get an error message saying that it can't find any webcam at all.

ziggy

Its probably a driver. whats the wedcam model?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/27660-win7-acer-1410-install.html
Relevancy 45.58%

? Windows 7 ? x64 ? ? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? yes ? Age of system (hardware) 1-2 years ? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? no AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor L310, 4gb ram, ati radeon hd 3200 graphics ? System Manufacturer acer

here's a screenshot of the error i get View image: bluescreen
then it will restart saying something about ati raetek or something..
Please help, i have no idea what's going on with my computer and it crashes quite often and it's really annoying. -_-

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all,

I have searched and can't find this specific topic. My Acer Aspire One ZA3 came with XP installed and I want to upgrade to Windows7. Has anybody tried it and is it possible thanks. I have my own copy of Windows7 (OEM Disk), but am not sure about the disk structure Acer use when they deliver the machines.

Any advice of help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

I was going to try to make youtube and twitch videos but my laptop and desktop are two slow for both games and recording software at once. I was wondering if it was possible via some cable that I could connect the desktop's computer to my laptop as like a second hard drive WITHOUT taking anything apart?

I have an HP 635 and a HP Compaq 6005 Pro Form Factor.

Thank you

A:Can I connect a Win7 Laptop to a Win7 Desktop?

Ethernet crossover cable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341666-can-i-connect-win7-laptop-win7-desktop.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all Hope somebody can help here I m having serious issues with Acer and a laptop that my friend bought It s one of their top of the range gaming Issues and Issues Solved: HDD Acer laptops blah blah blah but it is quie frankly a piece of sh t The power supply plug has failed so far resulting in a new laptop being provided Blu-Ray has failed and now it would appear the HD has failed I was trying to fix the laptop last night and I can access the BIOS Setup that is extremely limited and useless to me and I can access a boot menu again not that much help When I try to boot from the HDD I just get a blank screen with a flashing cursor at the top left I can t even Solved: Acer Issues and HDD Issues access or get offered the option to access a recovery partition I don t even know if one existed I reckon the HDD has fallen over Can anybody give me their opinions on whether they think I m correct And also has anybody had similair issues with Acer and more importantly does anybody have a complaints address cause I m gonna go radge at them Ta Peaker nbsp

A:Solved: Acer Issues and HDD Issues

It sounds like hard drive....

However have you tried the following?....
1 Try and restore Acer to factory settings (start pc and ALT=F10). If hard drive hasn't melted this will access recovery partition.
2. Look for diagnostics within BIOS to see if you can check HDD
3. Are you able to boot via USB/External Drive, where you can run a chkdsk?

If all else fails and it's still in warranty....get them to look at it.
Acer Address is on website

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-issues-and-hdd-issues.945309/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi
i have several issues:

1. i have an old home pc (not a laptop ... midi case pc) - could i use it with my laptop?
i want to switch my laptop to the midi pc - to use the laptop's screen & keyboard with the midi pc (cpu, HDD etc...) & then switch back to my laptop (while the midi pc works at the background).

2. is there a good liquid cooling plate for a laptop (that really keeps it cool?)

3. if i have a PCI express 1 motherboard slot & i buy a PCIE2 screencard... will it work? (i know that with AGP the ver number changes everything).

thanks

A:(several issues) using a home pc with laptop , cooling a laptop , PCIE2 issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/several-issues-using-a-home-pc-with-laptop-cooling-a-laptop-pcie2-issues.921833/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have been round the forums trying to get help rebuilding my D250. I have built new partitions on it but keep getting the same message not matter what I try:

Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition.

I have made sure ACHI is set in bios but just cannot install win7. I have used different media (usb and cdrom) and different versions of win7 but I keep getting the same message. I can install winxp on this machine (changing the bios from achi to ide) and also Linux, but it came out of the box with win7 and I would like to put it back. Any help appreciated - I'm not seeing the wood for the trees now!

A:Acer Aspire D250 rebiuld - win7

Enter BIOS seutp to reset BIOS to defaults, set SATA to AHCI to try install first then IDE if necessary, wipe the HD with Diskpart Clean Command and try install with all other HD's and peripherals unplugged.

Use the installer ISO from Step 1 burned to DVD or written to flash stick with tool in Step 2 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/257558-acer-aspire-d250-rebiuld-win7.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear specialists,

I've been experiencing frequent BSOD crashes on my two months old Acer ASPIRE 1810t with pre-installed Windows 7 x64. Crashes appear to occur more frequently under heavy load.

I have used WinDbg to look at my minidumps (but I am a total not experienced in debugging) and it seems to point towards memory corruption, however, I would appreciate and expert opinion. The crash dump file diagnostics are attached.

I could bring the machine back to the store (I assume it is still under warranty) but as I have done an awful lot of software configurations, I'd like to avoid that.
Thanks,

Andreas

A:BSOD on new Acer ASPIRE 1810t win7 x64

Hi -

21 dumps did not reveal much.

Update these drivers - they all pre-date Windows 7 RTM -

Code:

L1C62x64.sys Mon Apr 27 04:25:59 2009 (49F56C17) - Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet - - http://partner.atheros.com/Drivers.aspx
igdkmd64.sys Wed Sep 02 14:54:15 2009 (4A9EBF57) - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
NETw5s64.sys Tue Sep 15 15:40:39 2009 (4AAFEDB7) - Intel 5100 wifi - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...19338&lang=eng
DKbFltr.sys Wed Mar 25 23:15:42 2009 (49CAF35E) - Dritek Keyboard Filter - OEM only -http://www.dritek.com.tw/download_en.htm
SynTP.sys Thu Jun 18 22:33:58 2009 (4A3AF916) - Synaptics Touchpad - http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers
RTKVHD64.sys Mon Jul 06 05:18:54 2009 (4A51C17E) - Realtek HD Audio - http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/...Level=4&Conn=3
IntcHdmi.sys Tue May 26 07:13:09 2009 (4A1BCEC5) - Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

You'll need to go to Acer Support for the Dritek kb driver.

http://www.acersupport.com/us/en/default.aspx

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier -- http://jcgriff2.com/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Mon Nov 1 16:28:57.746 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 1 days 2:58:47.869
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiMapPageInHyperSpaceWorker+1b )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments fffffd80`019b619a 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02ceef0f
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Nov 1 01:20:02.630 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:19:01.877
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiPfnShareCountIsZero+77 )
PROCESS_NAME: spoolsv.exe
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments fffffd80`037f93ca 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02cd1bf7
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Oct 31 13:12:08.397 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:21:41.644
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiGetTopLevelPfn+65 )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments fffffd80`037353e8 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02d5d165
Debug session time: Fri Oct 29 23:14:59.563 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 5 days 9:39:49.810
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiPfnShareCountIsZero+77 )
PROCESS_NAME: lsass.exe
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments fffffd80`03733c3a 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02cefbf7
Debug session time: Sun Oct 31 10:58:33.969 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:27.216
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiGetTopLevelPfn+65 )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments fffffd80`038a3838 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02d64165
Debug sess... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-new-acer-aspire-1810t-win7-x64-525850.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi hope someone can help.

Back in april we got said computer. I have had to do a factory restore twice due to performance issues and getting blue screen of death. I am fully updated with windows updates, avast, MBAM, ccleaner and sandboxie. We dont really use it for anything other than games(kids) and surfing the net.

Today for no apparant reason i got the blue screen of death again and windows could not boot properly and i had to use the sytem restore feature before boot up. It appears to have worked(im here!) but why does it do this? Im fed up, 2 factory restores in 6 months is not good!

Recently I went through virus checks on here using combofix etc and it was clean, so i dont think there is anyhting nasty lurking in the system.

Advice please, before I convert to a typewriter lol

A:Acer Aspire touch Z5801 WIN7 64 bit

What is wrong with your system...today, right now?

Reference to your malware topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic467116.html/page__p__2826015__fromsearch__1#entry2826015 .

FWIW: The fact that your system was clean...IMO, means nothing, since you restored to factory defaults previously...which would have erased most malware present on the system. I say "most" since there are some forms of malware (such as the mentioned possible router infection) that are not affected by a restore to factory defaults.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468401/acer-aspire-touch-z5801-win7-64-bit/
Relevancy 45.15%

I've been a lurker here off and on when an answer was needed but now I need to acutally ask something Here's my situation if this is in the wrong forum I apologize ahead of time I have an Acer z Win Home Premium While working the other day it pooped out on me I've tried several options which I will list in a moment all of which have failed Boot from HDD Read error Boot from rescue disk loads to black screen and movable cursor Home Acer Premium Win7 Restore? then hangs Restore from image I've hit F and Alt F Win7 Home Premium Acer Restore? neither do anything ERD Commander loads to Windows Screen then BSOD My logic tells me if it was the HDD the files would not be readable but they are I don't remember what Live CD I used to get at them I've been through so many If it was my MBoard I wouldn't be able to run the live CD I'm running If it was the HDD controller there would obviously be the controller error on boot Does ANYBODY PLEASE have another suggestion preferably one that works

A:Win7 Home Premium Acer Restore?

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics

Did you create the Recovery DVDs so if you have to replace the hard drive you can restore the computer to it;s factory new state, or do you have a good image backup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231302-win7-home-premium-acer-restore.html
Relevancy 45.15%

--edit see my second post This is supposed to be easy OK first I have a desktop win pro I never thought I'd own a laptop need networks so I might have disabled something at some point I've disabled everything I don't need for performance reasons - game graphics rig It has ethernet connections is to modem is open I recently bought a laptop win home pro prem desktop/win7 home issues network home win7 premium So time for file sharing Bought a crossover network cable Trying to set up a home network Works on the laptop but going through all the troubleshooters and all I get on the PC is 'cannot add home network to this computer' I can see and get into my PC from the laptop but the PC won't register a network OR my laptop I win7 home prem desktop/win7 pro home network issues actually want the opposite as it's easier to use the PC for transfers work etc None of the troubleshooting in Win Pro PC is working any ideas I've set both clocks to internet time I have everything open to file sharing on both machines edit I did just notice that when I turn on file and printer sharing in network amp sharing advanced settings and hit save changes everytime I reopen the window it's set back to off Doesn't matter how many times i turn it on and save it always gets turned off again

A:win7 home prem desktop/win7 pro home network issues

Quote: Originally Posted by Baddcog

This is supposed to be easy?

OK, first I have a desktop, win 7 pro 64. I never thought I'd own a laptop, need networks so I might have disabled something at some point.
(I've disabled everything I don't need for performance reasons - game/graphics rig)

It has 2 ethernet connections. 1 is to modem. 2 is open.

I recently bought a laptop, win 7 home premium 64.

So time for file sharing. Bought a crossover network cable.

Trying to set up a home network. Works on the laptop, but going through all the troubleshooters and all I get on the PC is 'cannot add home network to this computer'.

I can see and get into my PC from the laptop, but the PC won't register a network OR my laptop. (I actually want the opposite as it's easier to use the PC for transfers/work/etc...)

None of the troubleshooting in Win7Pro PC is working, any ideas?

(I've set both clocks to internet time, I have everything open to file sharing on both machines)

==edit

I did just notice that when I turn on file and printer sharing in network & sharing/advanced settings and hit save changes,

everytime I reopen the window it's set back to off. Doesn't matter how many times i turn it on and save, it always gets turned off again.

The problem is in bold. Once you disable those services all bets are off on the network sharing being functional until all your required networking services are all enabled and set to automatic.

You shot yourself in the foot by doing that and disabling those services doesn't do much to improve system performance.

The reason that file and printer sharing isn't staying on is because you disabled the service it requires.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125403-win7-home-prem-desktop-win7-pro-home-network-issues.html
Relevancy 44.72%

The battery in my wife's Acer died abruptly a few weeks ago It was - years old The new battery possesses larger capacity than fan TMP645, Win7 New 64-Bit: too running Pro Acer much battery status, the OE yet I am observing Windows is reporting varying time periods for the battery when fully charged Initially Windows was reporting periods Acer TMP645, Win7 Pro 64-Bit: New battery status, fan running too much of - hours I just charged it again and it states h min My reading here indicates batteries do not need to be calibrated as was the case years ago Acer TMP645, Win7 Pro 64-Bit: New battery status, fan running too much What could explain these observations Note I have had the laptop shutdown as a result of the low battery two times and I fully charged it as indicated by the battery status LED before use This charging method is the only thing I have seen suggested here for battery calibration issues Second the cooling fan in the laptop has been running too much in the recent past - weeks This can be true if McAfee is running in the background but it is not The fan is on almost all the time the laptop is on something is not right with this The only other recent actions I have taken with the laptop was to change the Windows Update settings preventing the Windows automatic upgrade These changes have been stable so I do not expect much of my current observations of this laptop to be related to this factor Advice Things to look into Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399591-acer-tmp645-win7-pro-64-bit-new-battery-status-fan-running-too-much.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi only joined a week ago not really into computers that much but being a bit silly got one Win7 not properly Timeline working Aspire Acer second hand it does work but I have had a few problems the windows update didn't work but went onto Microsoft site and sorted that there were a few other things that needed to be looked at but the main Acer Aspire Timeline Win7 not working properly thing that's come upis i wanted to get windows live up amp working because I use Gmail and for some reson when I logged on it came up page not found most of the time however the windows live will not or cant send or receive email Acer Aspire Timeline Win7 not working properly no matter what is done so I Acer Aspire Timeline Win7 not working properly got a scan done by Microsoft amp it came back with a lot of things that are not up to date or not set right the list is fairly long So in my mind I wonder if the best way to resolve thease and any other unkown problems would be to look at having the old completely removed amp a new windows installed as I don't really know what or whatnot has been done on this laptop Any help thoughts ideas would be welcome Dont buy second hand already learnt Cheers Goldman ITs An Acer Aspire Timeline X T

A:Acer Aspire Timeline Win7 not working properly

You can use Recovery to restore the computer to it's Factory New state.

Users Guide is here: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...C=ACER&SC=PA_6

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323903-acer-aspire-timeline-win7-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am using a win7 x32 Ultimate on my Acer Aspire E1-510 laptop but i am not able to find any compatible graphic driver for it.

Can someone please recommend me one..?

A:Help! Need win7 x32 compatible graphic drivers for acer aspire e1-510

Hello Bradlee12.. I found this on Intel site for you. : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...ng&ProdId=3656

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/354588-help-need-win7-x32-compatible-graphic-drivers-acer-aspire-e1-510-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have installed Win7 on my Acer Aspire 5010. It working great exept for one tiny little thing. I'm not able to enable my wireless adapter. I have tried to install Launch Manager w 3.0.04 and it installs but I can't open LM. When I press the WiFi button it just shows the disabled icon and doesn't switch the adapter on. Is there anyone who can help me?

A:Enable wireless in Win7 on an Acer Aspire 5010

Wipe the hard drive with Killdisk and try the Windows 7 installation again. I faced the same issue just 2 days ago.

KillDisk - http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

Make bootable KillDisk ISO CD w/ ImgBurn -
ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/enable-wireless-in-win7-on-an-acer-aspire-5010-a-429660.html
Relevancy 44.72%

yesterday my laptop had some problems i have windows 7 starter, some keyboard keys don't work (h,p,q,esc,backspace et.) also the Bluetooth didn't appear on window tray, so i thought some virus are in my laptop, so i decided to format and upgade to windows 7 ultimate. i installed win7 ultimate with no problem but the keyboard keys still not working, wireless card is gone also bluetooth. i installed drivers but still no luck, on device manager no wireless card is detected but i have Atheros wirelss card. any solution for this?
thanks

A:acer em350 problem after upgrade to win7 ultimate

quick question have you spilled anything on the laptop ever?

honestly, if you haven't spilled anything or dropped the laptop then it sounds like it's just failing, but i would suggest taking it to a techie to have a look.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253488-acer-em350-problem-after-upgrade-win7-ultimate.html