Windows Support Forum

which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

Q: which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

for the basics and schoolwork
and which is newer

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

The E6430 has a metal case and is more robust, but uses an older CPU and chipset.
The E5440 is a plainer chassis with a newer generation CPU and chipset.
The E6440 is the concurrent update to the E5440.
There are too many possible configurations to definitively say which is better -- it depends on the CPU, GPU, etc. in the specific model (or that you choose when you order one, but since the E6430 isn't a current model, you may be looking at used systems).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986761
Relevancy 101.37%

I own a Dell Latitude E6430.   I am looking for a Dell Companion 12000mAh or 18000mAh type of device to power and charge my Dell Lattitude E6430 when I am traveling (no outlet available).   When I view the compatibility list for both the Dell Companion 12000mAh and the 18000mAh I don't see the Dell Latitude E6430 in either list.  I went and purchased the 12000mAh and I am attempting to use this to charge and power my Dell Latitude E6430.  It powers my Dell Laptop for about a minute and then quits.   Is there a solution for this problem?   And/or is there another Dell Companion type device that I can purchase that is listed as 100% compatible with the Dell Latitude E6430?   I would like to either get this solution working or purchase the product that is listed as 100% compatible.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990270
Relevancy 87.73%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387845-dell-latitude-e6430-dell-latitude-e6420.html
Relevancy 85.25%

I purchased a new GB Samsung EVO mSATA SSD for my Dell Latitude e running Windows Pro nbsp The new drive was not visible in Computer so I downloaded installed and ran the Samsung Magician software The Samsung software EVO recognized Dell 850 - SSD not Samsung e5440 mSATA Latitude shows the drive is present nbsp And there was a quot Validate Dell Latitude e5440 - Samsung 850 EVO mSATA SSD not recognized quot button - which I clicked - and now quot Drive Health Dell Latitude e5440 - Samsung 850 EVO mSATA SSD not recognized Status Good quot and quot Serial Number Genuine quot is displayed However the SSD is not visible when I double-click Computer and the Samsung software states a quot AHCI Mode Deactivated IDE or RAID nbsp AHCI Mode is required for the best SSD performance quot b SATA Interface N A Unable to detect SATA interface details c OS Optimization N A OS optimization is only supported for disks using an OS drive Question Will enabling this AHCI mode allow Windows to Dell Latitude e5440 - Samsung 850 EVO mSATA SSD not recognized recognize the SSD Question How do I do that Question Will activating AHCI mode switch off disconnect my quot HDD nbsp I want to keep Windows on the quot HDD and install Windows on the SSD to have a dual-boot system until I get used to Windows

A:Dell Latitude e5440 - Samsung 850 EVO mSATA SSD not recognized

1. Yes.
2.  Change it in system setup (F2 at powerup).
3.  You can dual boot but can't change the setup type to AHCI without reinstalling Windows onto the two drives  you want to use.  You will lose the contents of the hard drive when you do this.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986632
Relevancy 84.32%

Hi, I am stuck with a dell E5440 here power light comes on and then laptop switches off and back on again and just repeat itself! I did not tried anything yet. It is i5 vpro and I installed 1TB HDD few months ago, it has been working no problem since yesterday.

A:DELL Latitude E5440 not booting endless repeating loop

Hi Mass112,Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.Please shut down the computer, remove any external connected devices like USB drives, AC Adapter battery and press and hold Power button for a minute which will release the flea power. Connect the Battery, AC Adapter and Power ON the computer, tap F12 at the Dell logo to initiate the Diagnostics. Please make a note of any error message and revert us here with the system status.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19610563
Relevancy 84.32%

Hi guys,
I'd like to use the Intel Wifi Direct software for screen mirroring to Samsung TV, but looks like I'm in dead end. I've downloaded the software for WiDi, but it did not install due to my laptop did not meet program requirements - so I've googled and it came out I've got too old drivers. Updated them from official Dell driver support, and here comes the problem - it requires Graphics driver over 15.36.xx and if I choose my laptop model I got 10.xx driver and then 20.xx. 10.xx installs, 20.xx cannot. If i manually search for drivers for Intel HD4400 graphics then there are 15.36.xx drivers, but I cannot install them. Any idea how to skip that? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19985414
Relevancy 83.7%

Hi,
I got a dell latitude e6430 around a year ago as a present and since yesterday (7/09/14) I couldn't get on it. It starts but it keeps going on startup repair (I've done this around 5 times) and the message that comes up with...

"if you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance"

I click finish and still when I turn it on again it doesn't work. I've attached my photo memory card but I done it ages ago with no problem and nothing new has been attached.

If someone knows how to fix it I would be so grateful

Thanks
-georgia350

A:DELL LATITUDE E6430

Hi and welcome to TSF please see page 75 here ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-produ...nual_en-us.pdf and see if you can run the diagnostic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-latitude-e6430-890914.html
Relevancy 83.7%

hello there not sure if this is windows related.well i have installed speedfan software and this laptop i have is at 55-60 running and the fan is quiet kind of i was wondering is there any way of speeding up my fan at lower temperatures.i cant figger out this speedfan settings and im afraid of frying my laptop.here is what i think is my fan maybe DELL $3E8 on ISA then it shows temperature 1 offset not sure what i should put that to.

A:DELL LATITUDE E6430 I5 pro

Many (most) Dell's do not have user fan speed control. Its what it is. Laptops, in general, tend to run warm as they sacrifice extra cooling for reduction in fan noise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387891-dell-latitude-e6430-i5-pro.html
Relevancy 83.39%

After updating to BIOS A15, the keys to my Dell Latitude E5440 get "stuck" again with Linux. This has been a problem for many frustrating months back when I originally bought it, then solved by a BIOS update eventually, and now back again with A15. A14 worked fine.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997121
Relevancy 81.84%

hello there win 7 forum
quick question i have got another laptop and well its a dell latitude e6430 well i have to put a new hdd in it and
well im just wondering as its win 7 which is no problem do i need any other drivers for it as love to get it going great and fast but no crap ware.the problem is i was on the dell website and well its difficult to find out what software and drivers i really need.could any of you real nice people please point me in the right direction and what i need to download.cheers

Product Support | Dell UK

A:Dell latitude e6430 drivers and software new hdd

Windows will install most of the drivers. In most cases you will need to download and install the correct sound driver as Windows will only install the generic, basic function High Definition Audio Driver. Any specific Dell hardware drivers may need to be installed.

If the Latitude came with Windows 7, access the Dell downloads using the service tag number and it will list all applicable drivers, as it was originally built.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365868-dell-latitude-e6430-drivers-software-new-hdd.html
Relevancy 81.84%

quick question my friend i have a dell latitude e6430 laptop i was wanting to make it faster as in put a bigger cpu in it is it a good idea do u think and do u have any ideas on which one i could put in to make it as fast as possible hello i have a dell latitude e6430 with a intel c216 chipset well love to put a bigger processor in it

Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller - 1E03

a

intel core tm i5-3320m cpu at 2.60ghz

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385066-dell-latitude-e6430-processor-upgrade.html
Relevancy 81.84%

hi there forums world well im going to stomp out for a new or second hand ssd what u guys recon id love one about 500gb or more not bothered with the smaller ones.just love to ask you guys what one should i get but im not a big fan of paying a bunch of money out for something i dont really need.was wondering are they worth buying and do they ever break down i have been looking at this site but love you guys info.thanks guys

Best SSDs 2015 | Best SSD reviews - Test Centre - PC Advisor
bought this one guys what u think
SanDisk SDSSDXPS-480G-G25 Extreme PRO SSD Sata III 2.5-inch Internal up to 550 MB/s Read - 480 GB

A:DELL LATITUDE E6430 i5 500gb hdd change to SSD

I'm using a Samsung EVO 850, 500GB drive on my Win 10 system (was 8.1 and upgraded to 10). I also have an older Samsung EVO 840 500GB on Win 7 (dual boot system). I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Samsung if I needed an SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380720-dell-latitude-e6430-i5-500gb-hdd-change-ssd.html
Relevancy 81.84%

I'm planning on reinstalling Windows 7 on my Latitude E6430, but it's been so long since I bought it that I'm not sure if I have the correct re-installation DVD.  I have a couple of Dell laptops, and the one DVD I can find has a dark blue label, with the following Part Number at the bottom:
P/N D0V2K
I also have the driver disk, which mentions that it's for the Latitude E6430, so I should be good to go if I can Windows 7 successfully installed.
Thanks for any advice.

A:Reinstalling Windows 7 on Dell Latitude E6430

The driver disk is too old now. Get the drivers from Dell Downloads and Drivers for your model, All the Dell reinstall disks can be used as long as it is the exact same version of win 7--Home, Pro, SP1, Media, etc.
I have to warn you about reinstalling windows 7--it rarely works without major problems. Windows 7 is not supported by MS except for security updates and many have found that it would not reinstall properly. Be sure that a reinstall is needed. Why don't you consider upgrading to windows 10 while you can get it free? That offer is over at the end of July.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984710
Relevancy 81.84%

Hello,

Hope everyone is fine and well.

My said laptop is having severe heating problem with my Latitude E6430 i5-3360M upgraded to Windows 8 Enterprice 64 bit OS.

It is getting heat up too much from left side and exhausting the battery earliest.

Just one issue that can I see in it that Teredo tunneling pseudo interface shows a yellow exlamation mark in Device Manager. Windows 7 Ultmate 64 but I cannot find the solution to mitigate it.

Your expeditious help is requested to resolve the above problem.
Tariq ALi

A:Dell latitude e6430 heating problem

You require to uninstall and then re-install the device which shown the exclamation mark in device manager, otherwise require to run the device driver further.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6430-heating-problem.202527/
Relevancy 81.84%

I cannot get my Latitude e6430 to turn on. I press the power button. The power button lights for several seconds and then turns off right after that the battery light comes on for a second and then turns off. Then nothing.
I have tried removing battery / AC supply removing all drives. Discharging stored energy. Resetting RAM. Still nothing. I did notice that if I install a battery that needs charging, that the battery light stays on as if charging (and probably is).
Any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986958
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi

I frequently have Blue screen of deaths on my dell latitude e6430

It usually comes out with these notices:
-KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR
-MEMORY MANAGEMENT
-PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED INDEX
Can anyone help me resolve the problem please?
It is my school laptop and i keep on getting bsods in the middle of my revisions ...
If you need any more details about my laptop, i'll try to get them for you..

Thank you very much !

Sincerely,
Dave

-Compressed folder:

A:Frequent BSODs on my dell latitude E6430

Bluetooth is disabled. Is this deliberate? If so, why?

Out of 10 memory dumps there were 7 different BSOD error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things:
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers)
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from Initial Hardware Diagnostics or Hardware Diagnostics ).

You can get a head start on the hardware diagnostics if you'd like - they are located here: Hardware Diagnostics

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

ewusbmdm.sys Wed Mar 24 22:08:45 2010 (4BAAC5AD)
USB Modem/Serial Device Driver - "Huawei Mobile Connect" package
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ewusbmdm.sys

ew_jubusenum.sys Fri Apr 9 03:24:31 2010 (4BBED62F)
HUAWEI Mobile Connect - Bus Enumerate Device
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ew_jubusenum.sys

PxHlpa64.sys Mon Oct 17 10:29:34 2011 (4E9C3BCE)
Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PxHlpa64.sys

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics. Let us know the results and we can move on from there.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Fri Jul 5 07:13:18.996 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\070513-39218-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16581.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130410-1505
System Uptime:0 days 7:13:57.234
Probably caused by :pci.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8006bdc060, fffff88001e2b7f0, fffffa80136babd0}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8006bdc060, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff88001e2b7f0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa80136babd0, The blocked IRP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_iaStorA_IMAGE_pci.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2600
CurrentSpeed: 2592
BIOS Version A09
BIOS Release Date 12/13/2012
Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Product Name Latitude E6430
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu Jul 4 12:49:39.405 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\070513-34500-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16581.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130410-1505
System Uptime:0 days 1:08:05.104
Probably caused by :memory_corruption ( nt!MiValidFault+1fe )
BugCheck 50, {3b7f9ed, 0, 63620a00, 8}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000003b7f9ed, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: 0000000063620a00, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000008, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
FAILURE_... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/27788-frequent-bsods-my-dell-latitude-e6430.html
Relevancy 81.84%

quick question my friend i have a dell latitude e6430 laptop i was wanting to make it faster as in put a bigger cpu in it is it a good idea do u think and do u have any ideas on which one i could put in to make it as fast as possible hello i have a dell latitude e6430 with a intel c216 chipset well love to put a bigger processor in it

Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller - 1E03

a

intel core tm i5-3320m cpu at 2.60ghz

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385066-dell-latitude-e6430-processor-upgrade.html
Relevancy 80.91%

I have several Dell Latitude E6430 PCs that I use external wired USB keyboards with. After a while (~ one hour?) the keyboard stops responding. If I wait long enough (15 minutes?) I can start typing again. It seems that the notebook keyboard also stops responding. I am using external monitors via e-port replicators. There have been times when I am able to type ONLY in a certain field. For example a form in an IE window that is running in compatibility mode. I do not have an issue within VMware Workstation 11.

I have restored to factory image, reloaded software and still have the problem. I have updated BIOS and drivers. I have removed USB controllers using Device Manager and restarted. Still have issues.

Systems are using Windows 7 Pro.

Curious if other software might be causing issues. Some installed programs include MS Office 2013, Notepad++, Paint.net, BeyondCompare, VMware Workstation 11, FileZilla, Greenshot, Google Drive, Chrome, Tracker PDF Viewer, GoToMeeting, Kaspersky Internet Security.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381564-dell-latitude-e6430-keyboard-stops-responding.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi 
My Latitude D6430 suddenly has no sound, I also disable the hardware driver and update new one but it refused. Pls help.

A:Dell latitude E6430 no sound from both Headphone or speakers

Hello. Use Windows System Restore. (Type system restore into the Windows search box.) Select a restore point dated earlier than when the issue began. See if that helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19624502
Relevancy 80.91%

Sir , i have Dell latitude e6430 i5 running windows 10 is having the over heating problem it is emmiting enought heat to burn the hand on the left side of the laptop and because of this its battery timing is also reduced . Please kindly help me to resolve this issue

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19738251
Relevancy 80.91%

Hello,
I desperately need a Bios Dump of an Dell E6430 Version A18, as somehow it is impossible to update the Bios (currently it is A14). I have some problems with networking when using a docking station I hope to solve with this..Please no advice how to update Bios, I already tried everything(!). The Laptop does just a reboot instead of flashing the update.
I can create a dump of A14 from Windows using Intels FPTW (64bit Version) without a problem, so I hope it will work with A18 as well.At least using Windows 7 Pro 64bit with Adminstrator account. If anybody with an E6430 and A18 could just create a dump (just click "dump.bat") and upload it here it would really make me happy.

With best regards
André

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986394
Relevancy 110.94%

hello my friends got a quick question for you i have a dell latitude e6430 i wiped it stuck on a fresh windows 7 and well all going great apart from one small problem when i plug in and out my ac power jack the screen goes black for a second or 2 it happens when i plug in and pull out both dont know what is causing this do u have any ideas

A:dell latitude e6430 screen gose black for 2 seconds

Hello Joseph mate I take it this is not your main machine or at all? The Dell site as always not helpful but I would suggest downloading and installing the driver for the graphics from Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/sea...+graphics+4000
I always use manufacturers site rather than the Windows feature because I am not so sure it is that reliable. Now you might get a message that says the download is older than what is installed and in that case leave it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372288-dell-latitude-e6430-screen-gose-black-2-seconds.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Dear Friends,
I'm having hard time figuring out what was wrong with my laptop which default sound device could not be changed both options "configure" and "set default" are greyish and disabled . I have upgraded the driver that gives me no help. further, I have updated audio driver with Audio_Driver_RPG74_WN1.0.6454.0_A06.
Win 7 x64
Dell Latitude E6430 core i7
any help and support is highly appreciated.
thank you in advance

A:Default sound device is disabled - Dell Latitude E6430

Hello. Is your audio working at all? If so, what is showing as the default device? Which device are you trying to make be the default?
If the audio is not working at all, did the failure come with no unusual circumstances, or was it after a new program or operating system was installed?
If no audio at all, use System Restore to try to undo changes. Try to find a restore point dated from before the failure and revert to that date. Using System Restore will not delete any data files. Type "system restore" into the Start menu search box, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.
If that does not help, remove the IDT audio driver and run on the Windows native audio driver. Go to Start>Control Panel. In the upper right corner select "View by category". Select "Uninstall a Program". Find the IDT audio driver then right click on it and uninstall it. When you reboot the computer Windows will install its native audio driver. Check that it is installed by going to the Sounds properties. If it says "High Definition Audio Device" on any of the tabs then it is the native driver. If it says "IDT High Definition Audio Codec" then it is still an IDT driver, so repeat the procedure. (Windows will keep installing IDT drivers until all that have been downloaded are removed.)

If still no audio at all, check the Windows Audio Service. Go to Start>Run and type "services.msc" (without quotes) then hit the 'Enter' key (or click 'ok'). The Services window will appear. Scroll down until you find "Windows Audio" towards the bottom of the list. Check that it is enabled, set to automatic, and running.
If the Audio Service is running and you still get no audio even with the Windows native driver, there might be a hardware failure.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19523399
Relevancy 110.08%

BSOD randomly on Dell Latitude E6430 when recovering from sleep mode. Sometimes boot image shows first.

A:BSOD randomly on Dell Latitude E6430 when recovering from sleep mode

I just saw a thread with the exact same problem. Was that you?

Generally, the first step is to ensure you have the latest device drivers (from Dell). Video is a prime suspect, although it could be others.

Product Support | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335800-bsod-randomly-dell-latitude-e6430-when-recovering-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 110.08%

sorry to be a pain well pro sandisk changed extreme LATITUDE E6430 ssd.bios ahic DELL new to maybe you know the answer i bought a sandisk gb extreme pro and im putting it into my dell latitude e i change the bios to ahci then load a fresh install of windows on my dell through usb all goes through great but wifi cant get working i have tried DELL LATITUDE E6430 new sandisk extreme pro ssd.bios changed to ahic all the drivers to nothing working and when i use setting from here Product Support Dell UK Dell Wireless WiFi Driver View details Network Driver RHDN WN A EXE Update Package for Microsoft Windows MB Network Release date Mar Last Updated Mar Recommended Version A Download File Add to download list Dell Wireless Bluetooth Application View details Network Application CP N WN A EXE Update Package for Microsoft Windows MB Network Release date Oct Last Updated Mar Recommended Version A Other versions available Download File Add to download list but i get a error at the end do u know why also when i cloned my hdd onto my ssd i had a problem as well as the laptop would not load up on bios for ssd set to ahci i had to change them back to the way the hdd was please would you have a idea what im doing wrong

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382234-dell-latitude-e6430-new-sandisk-extreme-pro-ssd-bios-changed-ahic.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi guys quick question i bought both of these laptops and well im upgrading the e6420 i7 chip nvidia e6430 and with dell Dell i5 heatsink on both from a single pipe heatsink to a double heat pipe heatsink well i put the double one on my dell e i with the nvidia Dell e6430 i5 and dell e6420 i7 with nvidia chip chip also i thought be cool and great if i did the copper mod on it also did anyone ever do this as im not sure what thickness of copper shim to put on it i got a few thickness of shims when i bought the kit i have a mm on it alresdy and all is good just wondering is that the right one for maximum coolness anyone ever do this also if you guys have any ideas on the shims for my other dell e i one would be great as i have the double heat pipe heatsink Dell e6430 i5 and dell e6420 i7 with nvidia chip coming Dell e6430 i5 and dell e6420 i7 with nvidia chip also i intend to be keeping these laptops for a long time so love them to be running really cool getting about c on just surfing the net on idiel on the e i

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390111-dell-e6430-i5-dell-e6420-i7-nvidia-chip.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Here is my issue in a nutshell.  I've turned "on" the nvida graphics card via the nvidia control panel AND the Intel Graphics Contol page.  As I play games like Star Wars : The Old Republic, the laptop seems to switch between the intel and nvidia graphics cards as the graphics are recalculated.  I also play Skyrim.  Often, the screen will freeze for a few seconds interrupting the game play.
I've downloaded the most "current" nvidia drivers but I'm now wondering if I should backrev the drivers to what Dell provides.  While decent graphics are nice, the pauses in gameplay are not becoming unacceptable to the point of wanting to disable the nvidia card entirely.  While the whole dual graphics idea might be good on paper, my experience with it has been pretty poor. :(
Any help would be appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19987442
Relevancy 88.15%

I have a Dell E5440 laptop that recently had it's LCD panel replaced. I usually dock it and connect it to an Optoma Projector and before I had the LCD panel replaced, I only showed 2 displays when I went to screen resolution. Now, after the LCD panel has been replaced, I see 3 displays in Screen Resolution, one of them being the laptop display.

Has anyone seen this behavior before and if so, do you know how to correct it? And before you go telling me to check my power setting in the Control Panel, my power settings are the same as they were before I had my LCD panel replaced. Also, I have upgraded the BIOS and completely wiped the hard drive and re-installed Windows.

At this point in time, I'm willing to entertain any and all suggestions.

Thanks,

Rusty

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380314-dell-e5440-laptop-display-will-not-turn-off-when-docked.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988623
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

20160315_Security_Driver_WDRHG_WN64_3.3.14.68_A19.txt

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Nothing?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678872
Relevancy 86.43%

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

Thanks
-Ryan

A:(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

parrotrpg1
Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400
downloads.dell.com/.../Latitude%20E-Family%20%20Mobile%20Precision%20Re-Image%20How-To%20Guide%20-%20A03%20Rev%203%200.pdf
The Win 7  Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.
www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats
This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.
TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19459137
Relevancy 86%

Hey all nbsp I ve got a Dell Latitude E where the driver installer for the Dell Wireless wireless card fails nbsp I m running Windows -bit the computer boots in UEFI mode and I ve installed all of the drivers according to the Latitude E-Family Re-Image Guide I ve got a log as well it says this nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp fails on on mode) Dell Windows E6320 installation 1530 7 driver Latitude Wireless (UEFI 64-bit Dell nbsp Original command line E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp s nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) Value x FFFFF nbsp Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe s v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp nbsp Original command line quot C Users Administrator Desktop Drivers - Dell Latitude E E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE quot nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991738
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Dell e6430 (not ATG) laptop. I may in the need of a motherboard and am searching for possibilities. It seems there are a few variances which may all work but I am not sure of the compatibility.
Does anyone know FOR SURE which of the different motherboards will work in my e6430.
My specs:
Dell latitude e6430installed motherboard QAL80 u01
installed cpu intel i5 3320m 2.6 ghz
service tags 1s21cw1
bios A18
8GB ddr3 1333 mhz
no fingerprint reader
high graphics or bluetooth is not important

A:Dell e6430 motherboard compatibility?

All the boards with Intel video will interchange -- the ones with nVidia will require a new heatsink assembly.  Since yours looks like an integrated board, any of the E6430 boards should work to replace it:
www.parts-people.com/index.php

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987274
Relevancy 84.28%

I want to restore on Factory Image how I can download image and restore it ...
Service Tag is :JPXYBW1

A:Restore Image Dell E6430

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly private message the proof or purchase and the system owner.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19683035
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,
In my e6430 atg laptop headphones don't work. I made BIOS diagnostics & there was a sound either from speakers or the headhones. When I plug phones in, there was a sound also in speakers, not only in headphones.
But in win 7 x64 I can't hear anything from headphones, only speakers work. I tried to reinstall IDT, update BIOS, CHIPSET, update WIN 7, force microphone to headphones, but problem still is not solved.
I don't think jack is broken, cause I hear sound during BIOS diagnostisc as I mentioned before.
Any other ideas? 
Regards,
Mike

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19982979
Relevancy 83.42%

How can we extend to 3 monitor displays i.e. One laptop screen and two monitors attached to the docking station; 1 in VGA Port and other in DVI port.
I can get it to extend it to two screens but the third one always gets disconnected.
Is it possible to get this done by using some graphics driver update or is it more of a hardware feature?
System Info:Dell E643064 bit Win 7 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (this is show on two displays in dxdiag)

A:Extend to 3 monitor displays on Dell E6430

Optimus in the Bios... THAT DID IT!  
I had three monitors before (two external and the laptop's display) and then somehow it got turned off.  I had to take my laptop away from my desk for a week and when I came back, only combinations of two screens at a time were available.
But I played with the Nvidia driver settings, but I think the real change came when I went into the Bios and activated Optimus.  Then I used Screen Resolution to activate three screens and it worked perfectly! 
Thanks so much, everyone!
Mike

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19476296
Relevancy 80.41%

I just realized that my headphone jack is not working as my computer fell out of warrantee I missed calling Dell by days The internal headphone Latitude E5440 jack speakers work fine but whenever I plug in any Latitude E5440 headphone jack known working device into the headphone jack I get no sound I ran the F audio test a couple of times and I got nothing out of either the internal speakers or the external speakers I was using for the test Other than that everything appears to be working From what I read on the community support page below if this was a failed sense pin I should have heard sound through the speakers Right When I was on the phone with Dell they did tell me it was a hardware problem but since the machine was a few days out of warrantee there was nothing they could do I did do some looking on the forums and found this page http en community dell com support-forums laptop f t listing laptops with replaceable headphone jacks but did not see my Latitude E listed Needless to say I am in somewhat of quandary Is it a sense pin Is it fixable Do people fix these things nbsp Does anyone have any suggestions of what my problem could be other than not catching this while it was under warrantee Is this something worth taking to an external fix it shop Or am I looking at costs that would exceed the original purchase I did order an external USB to audio stereo adapter to see if that would give me a fix but it will not come for a few days What really bothers me is that I think this failed well before the warrantee expired and that by a matter of a few days Dell support just walked away and blew me off

A:Latitude E5440 headphone jack

berwynedThe internal speakers work fine but whenever I plug in any known working device into the headphone jack I get no sound.
berwynedIs it a sense pin?
Hello. If it were the sense pin issue then you would have the opposite symptoms -- no audio through speakers but the headphone jack working okay. A failed sense pin would prevent the audio from going to the speakers.
It could be a buggy Realtek audio driver. The way to test for that is to switch to the Windows native audio driver (assuming that you are currently using the Realtek driver, not the native one). If the headphones work okay with the native driver then try a different version of the Realtek driver if one is available.
1. Open the Device Manager (type devmgmt.msc in the Windows search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.[To get back to the Realtek driver,  do it again but reverse the names in steps 1 and 6.]
berwynedI ran the F12 audio test a couple of times and I got nothing out of either the internal speakers or the external speakers I was using for the test.
Did you use the ePSA diagnostics and check the box "Perform Quick Audio Check"? That tests the speakers, which you know work, so they should not fail the test.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19618143
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Dell Latitude E that s been running fine for several months nbsp Now when I boot I get the following Screen comes on Dell can't blinking - past Latitude get cursor E5440 logo pops up Screen goes black blinking cursor in top left of the screen If I hit F F or hold FN on power on I ll get the message of entering setup entering one time boot menu or starting diagnostics respectively nbsp However the system immediately goes to the blinking cursor and never enters theBIOS one time boot menu or Latitude E5440 - can't get past blinking cursor diags Things I ve tried to fix the problem reseated the memory disconnected the CMOS battery and AC power removed battery and pressed power for seconds booting from CD DVD USB etc inserting the various media in the computer All to no avail So now you re thinking what happened right before this all started On Friday I tried booting from a USB drive and couldn t get it to work nbsp I changed the boot order and put EFI USB before hard drive nbsp It didn t fix the problem so I stopped trying and put everything away nbsp When I tried using the laptop on Saturday morning this issue popped up This is a Linux only laptop No dual boot no buggy Windows nbsp Please don t ask me if I can boot into Safe Mode Even if I did have windows the laptop never turns over to the OS Any ideas

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993581
Relevancy 75.25%

I wanted to upgrade the WiFi card in my E6430 to one supporting Bluetooth and 802.11 AC WiFi. I was wondering if the BIOS has a whitelist preventing me from installing a non-Dell WiFi card.
I'm thinking of the AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682948
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Latitude E6430 that isn't charging. When I plug it in, the battery indicator lights up for a few seconds, but then goes out. The battery wont charge off of the built in port or through the docking station. I have a Dell 90 watt power adapter, but I have also tried a 130 watt one; neither work. It runs quite happily off of the adapter, but won't charge.
I updated the BIOS to A18. Is this an issue with my main board?

A:Latitude E6430 Not Charging

Check system setup (F2 at powerup).  Des the system sense the AC adapter correctly, or does it show unknown?  If unknown, the system will run but the battery will not charge.
In that case, since you've already tried a new adapter to no effect, the next possibility is a bad DC jack:
www.parts-people.com/index.php
If replacing that doesn't solve the problem, it is a faulty mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984742
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello, I am trying to replace the screen inverter for my latitude e6430 its a slightly older model 2012'ish . I am having trouble finding what screen inverter it is supposed to have. The problem I am having is that my computer is completely black screened, but if you shine a light on the screen you can see that it is still displaying there is just no back light to light the screen. While doing a little research online I found  the problem most likely seems to be the screens power inverter. If anyone could help me out in pointing me in the right direction for a inverter it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981892
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Everyone!
Last weekend I downloaded the new BIOS version A06 for my Latitude E6430 from Dell's driver site. Installed it and most everything works fine, but when the laptop is connected to the docking station the external monitor doesn't show any boot screen until windows begins to load. So the pre-boot login screen isn't visible to me
A day later version A06 wasn't available on the dell site but A03 release again. Tried to downgrade vom A06 to A06 in order to solve my PBA problem, but the firmware doesn't install on my system. This is the error message I receive: "Firmware Downgrading blocked: Security features are enabled".
Is there any way to downgrade BIOS without changing the mainboard?!?
Thank you for your help!
Stargoose

A:Latitude E6430 BIOS Downgrade

Hi Stargoose,
It is imperative to have 'administrative privileges' before attempting BIOS upgrade/downgrade. Please ensure that you log into 'Windows' with an account that has 'admin credentials'.
1. If you already have the 'admin rights' the 'security features' in the system BIOS may be preventing the BIOS downgrade. Please get into the BIOS set-up and try disabling the below mentioned 'security options' before you flash the A03 BIOS version:
- Restart the laptop- As 'Dell logo' appears on the screen, repeatedly tap < F2 > to enter BIOS system set-upNote: Mouse is non-functional on this screen. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to navigate; < Enter > to select a value in the selected field (if applicable) or follow the link in the field; < Spacebar > to expand or collapse a drop-down list; < Tab > to move to the next focus area; < Esc > to move to the previous page till you get a main screen (Also gives an option to save any unsaved changes)
- Navigate to 'Security' table- Disable 'Intel TXT (LT-SX) Configuration'- Disable 'TPM Security'- Save changes- Exit system setup- Boot to 'Windows'
2. Downgrade BIOS to A03 by running the file as an 'Administrator'- Download the BIOS file that you want to install- Right click the file and click 'Run as an administrator'- Click 'Yes' if prompted with 'User access control' message- Follow the on-screen instructions and try flashing BIOS again
3. Try disabling 'User Account control' in 'Windows 7'- Click 'Pearl / Start' icon- In 'Search Programs and Files' text box, type 'UAC' (User Access Control Settings link appears in search results)- Click 'User Access Control Settings'- To turn off 'UAC', move the slider to the 'Never notify' position, and then click 'OK'.   If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. - Restart your computer for 'UAC' to be turned off.
If the issue still persists, please reply with the following information:- List all security options available in your system BIOS- At what stage of installing BIOS, do you get the security related error message?
Hope this helps. Do reply is you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19469315
Relevancy 73.53%

Whenever my e6430 wakes up from sleep, it locks the maximum speed to 2.4ghz, usually i runs at 3.1-3.3 whenever i'm doing something intensive. Restarting the laptop fixes it and allows it to reach the 3.1-3.3 cpu speeds but it's not really a convenient solution.

Any ideas? Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987989
Relevancy 73.53%

As I have found from countless hours of searching for a fan controller for my e6430 laptop, there is no support and no solution. I find this a little disturbing. Making changes through fixed bios updates isn't enough. I need the ability to control the fan speed of my computer and so do many other people. Personally, I don't care about fan noise. I want a manual fan speed control and many other people do as well. How do we do it?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987151
Relevancy 73.53%

I bought the computer from my tattoo artist and got a fair deal on it. Its brand new and everything is fine but the finger print scanner wont work and sometimes a window pops up about not having a genuine copy of windows, it also came with the start up disks but I cant figure out how to restore it to just the way it should be when you buy it. Long story short im not extremely tech savvy and I would like to just revamp the computer. Get the correct software installed, copy of windows, the whole nine yards. How would I go about doing that so in my case I would have the perfect computer? Its going to be used mostly for games and music. Have 500 gb also.

A:Bought a new windows latitude e6430 but it doesnt have all it needs

Yes in your case you need to make sure you had all of the disc to restore the system as you would have received it new with all the correct drivers an etc. Check with DELL to make sure you have all what you need. This model you have is there business line so built to stand the extreme work force pounding. Heavier but still very good laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-a-new-windows-latitude-e6430-but-it-doesnt-have-all-it-needs.194556/
Relevancy 73.53%

I just bought Dell Latitude E6430 with NVS 5200M and its performance is really poor, only 2300pts in 3D Mark06 and on integrated HD4000 I'm getting 4900pts. Updating video drivers, system and switching off Optimus in BIOS isn't changing anything. According to many tests found on internet it should be minumum 7300pts (to 10000+) on NVS 5200, but I can't find out what's wrong. Same problem on Windows 7 and after updating to Windows 10, the integrated video card is much faster than Nvidia... Any suggestions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983421
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi team,
My question is the following :
Is it possible to upgrade Latitude E6420 - E6430 from a simple HDD to a SSD disk ? 
Technically, I know that it's possible, but several technicians from Dell sub contractors are sure that there is a lot of issues with this upgrade.
Indeed, in my company, we did this upgrade on a E6430 yesterday for a beta client. This morning, this client called me to report that after laptop switching on, the screen shows " No bootable device found".
Are you aware about this kind of problems ?

Thanks,

Max

A:SSD disk upgrade - compatibility with Latitude E6420 - E6430

I have experienced the same issue. My SSD drive was not detected. I updated drivers and so on, without any effect.
By chance I figured out that it was a purely mechanical issue. The ssd drive is a little thinner than the usual hard drive so that it did not get into contact with the slot.
I resolved it by sticking some layers of tape on the tip of the ssd in order to make it apparently thicker.
See the photos.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19616369
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello
I recently obtained a Dell Latitude E6430 without a hard drive. I installed an SSD and managed to get windows up and running but ran into problems.
I noticed that every time I enter the BIOS setup and exit the laptop will always fail to boot and I would have to re-seat a ram stick to turn on the laptop again or if I closed the laptop lid the laptop will turn off and once again I will have to re-seat the ram sticks for it to boot again.
I noticed that the laptop is running on an older BIOS version (A11). I tried updating to the latest version with various methods.
- I tried just running the executable
- Tried using the command prompt and using /forceit command
- Tried booting into a bootable USB into freeDOS and updating that way
I'm really running out of ideas and right now the laptop is completely unusable.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19976478
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi everyone This is a long shot I ve got a machine from about here and am hoping someone might be able to remember something about them XPi - Dell hot very Latitude Old It s small black and very chunky - the Dell Latitude XPi CD mhz I needed something with windows so I upgraded the drive from gb to a Samsung HM JC gb Basically I ve got some games that don t work with compatibility in XP at all All fine and dandy with swapping the hard drive but the underneath of the machine gets universally hot as hell I don t seem to be able to detect a fan much less any cooling vents Would I be right in thinking that it was fine with the gb and it needed neither a fan or cooling vents but that my latter day gb drive runs that Old Dell Latitude XPi - very hot much hotter I actually love this laptop but want to waste neither it or the drive so any suggestions much welcome I ve tried the Dell site but the documentation I found wasn t hugely informative about the specific problems I m having though to their credit all of the setup files were there for download Many thanks Tony nbsp

A:Old Dell Latitude XPi - very hot

If your new hard drive is higher RPM than the old drive, then that would explain the heat. Your old drive was probably 4500 RPM, and the new one 5400 or 7200. If that is true, there's not much you can do about it short of buying a new drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-dell-latitude-xpi-very-hot.132328/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey there ive got a friends latitude XT here just put 7 on it and its working perfect apart from the tablet buttons.(the ones that rotate the screen and things) they dont seem to be working and im not sure what drivers to get for it or what, its fully up to date now and still nothing.
please help me xD

A:Dell Latitude XT

HERE is the Dell Lattitude XT drivers. They have Win 7 64 bit and 32 bit drivers. Select the OS bit you have.

Keep in mind the correct and required install sequence for a Dell (and many others) is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Dell Laptop System Software (3) Install motherboard chipset drivers (4) Install device drivers including video, sound, ethernet, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/112301-dell-latitude-xt.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I stumbled across your site and noticed a thread where you helped out a non-techie like me and I thought I would register and give it a shot. My daughter asked me to fix her Dell Latitude cpi which she uses for her college work. That was the easy bit it was a dodgy on/off button. Then she asked me to get it connected to the internet through her cable modem. I thought that would be easy too but I have spent hours on the internet trying to find what sort of adapter is needed because there is no direct socket connection to fit the modem. I would be eternally grateful for any help you can offer and it would make me look good in my daughter's eyes.

Relevancy 72.24%

hi there thanks alot for reading this this is my problem the pc Dell latitude D Windows XP home intel centrino the problem when i boot it takes me to the page i have an uption to either enter Dell 610 latitude in a safe mode or Dell 610 latitude just the last pace windows wokred properly this started as a result of when i was syhuting down the system and i had to remove the battery since the system hang after which i used the spare battery i had but still no start up when it start the windows logo it then goes back again to start up of notification that seems the system was shut down or windows encountered an error or the reset button was pressed etc i then enter F to diagonise the system and the followoing information was passed i run the dell diagnostics from the system setup and get this error detected on quot start DST short test quot error code - Msg IDE status failed stats byte control code Msg No additional Sense Infoormation also at the end of the diagnostic it says Test result fail error code - Msg No drive detected it further request i run dell drivers and utilities CD which i misplaced a long time now getting such a Cd is now a problem i need any assistance i can get as my office job for over a year is all in the system and i dont know how to go about it ok thanks for any help addvice you can give me jimmyosas nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

about an hour ago my computer screen just froze and these vertical dotted lines appeared all over the screen. Now I can only start the computer in safe mode and i need an easy fix. ive already tried a system restore but the blue lines appears on my desktop again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-for-dell-latitude.1138071/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I have just brought a Dell Latitude CPx back from the dead and it is working wonderfully apart from the fact that the Function (FN) keys don't 'function'.
Any ideas please?

A:Dell Latitude CPx

Humm... old.

When you say you brought it back from the dead, how so? Did you have a Dell recovery disk, or did you install an OS from a box into it? Was the keyboard okay before hand, or was it part of the reason for it being DOA originally?

The CPx series were one of those 'semi'-Dell machines, since the same notebook could be purchased in a number of liveries, including HP and Gateway (your machine looks exactly like my Solo 1400). If you loaded an operating system into it that wasn't from a recovery disk, then you probably need to download the drivers from the Dell website into it. Otherwise, the keyboad may be out of sorts, and may need replacing.

If you can find the service tag number (on Dell laptops, they tend to be on a thin white label and are only 6 to 8 digits long), you can punch it in here (http://support.dell.com/support/top...y_systems_info/details?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~tab=2) to find out what was on this beastie originally, and what can be downloaded to it.

A-N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-cpx.725660/
Relevancy 72.24%

every time it trys to run windows xp a fatal systems error c000021a

screen say the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xc0000006 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
the system has ben shut down

i tied safe mode and tried to reinstall but driver wont pull up system repair disk

A:dell latitude help

post the mini dumps

C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-help-609727.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,I am new here and need help.
I have a laptop(dell latitude cpi) my kid entered a password and now I can't access windows.
Every time I turn it on a message comes on saying:This computer system#xxxxx is protected by a password authentication system you can not access the data without the correct password Please type in the primary or administrator password.
My problem is that my kid does not remember what password he used.
Does any body Knows how to remove the password since I can not access the bios either?
thanks.

A:dell latitude cpi

sorry we cant help u with passwords as we dont know the intent involved.i hope u understand.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-cpi.800592/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey whats up
I have a dell latitude cpx laptop, and I broke the two keys letter "Y" and "6" also the metal bracket that connects the key plate to the actual laptop. Anyone know where I can get this. the problem started by the keys not working when pushed down. Any ideas on why that happened as well.

A:Dell latitude cpx

sc-strapped said:

Hey whats up
I have a dell latitude cpx laptop, and I broke the two keys letter "Y" and "6" also the metal bracket that connects the key plate to the actual laptop. Anyone know where I can get this. the problem started by the keys not working when pushed down. Any ideas on why that happened as well.Click to expand...

Thats a normal problem for those keyboards. You could probably have gotten those keys working again by reseating the cable from the motherboard to the keyboard. Now it sounds like you need a new keyboard. You can probably get one from Dell or possibly find a used one from ebay. Replacements can also be found online like this.

http://www.laptopsforless.com/dellkeyboards.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-cpx.438426/
Relevancy 72.24%

Dear Sir,
i've dell latitude X1 laptop. Its become unfortunately BIOS protected.
Tag # DSPHH28X-595B

Plz help me in this issue, how i can break this password.

I tried my best to break this but could not.

can any expert help me regarding this matter.

Thanx1

A:Dell Latitude X1

Any Latitude ending in 595B has been handled by Dell. Contact them for a solution.
Also, search the files on this forum for Dell Password, and Password commentary. There is a lot of useful information.
I have not seen any X1 password fixed... except by Dell.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-x1.94341/
Relevancy 72.24%

Ok so here s the problem I have a Dell Latitude CPx J OGT BIOS Revision really my I need Dell Latitude... help with A I also have the Windows XP Pro Reinstallation CD with Service Pack The original problem was upon bootup the computer gave a STOP error STOP x A x x BD xE B x BB AD I tried booting from the Reinstallation CD and this is what happens At Windows Setup it gives me -artition Unknown MB MB Free It gives me the following options and I have provided the information on what happens when I try each of them Create Partition C - Nothing Happens Enter Run Setup - An error has occured while Setup was updating partition information on MB Disk at Id on bus on atapi MBR Setup cannot continue Then the computer restarts Delete Partition D - I really need help with my Dell Latitude... The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant Please contact your system vendor or visit http www hardware-update com for an updated BIOS If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS of the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup To do this simply press the F key when you are prompted to install storage drivers The system will not notify you that the F key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation Recovery Console does not work either What I gather from this is that the partition is not assigned a prompt For example C and I cannot figure out how to give it one Anyone have any advice Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi We have laptops in my family Latitude E and E and a Precision M I wanted to upgrade all configs with an mSATA SSD which is placed into the WWAN mPCI-e connector It works fine with the Precision but I can t use it with the Latitudes Is there any possibility to use it issue Latitude and mSATA and compatibility E6420 BIOS SSD E6430 with the Latitudes My first thought was to update the bios of the E it came with A i just downloaded the A for that and ran the updater but it failed somehow i ran the exe when the process finished the system rebooted i saw the update in progress in the post screen and than when it restarted again it said no bootable device press f Latitude E6420 and E6430 mSATA SSD compatibility and BIOS issue to run bios but bios was damaged could not run and killed my motherboard Now it is replaced with a new one but i m afraid to run an update again now it has A Could you Latitude E6420 and E6430 mSATA SSD compatibility and BIOS issue check up the issue of the failure Is it safe to try a bios update again And can it help me to update the bios to use the mSATA SSD Regards Otto

A:Latitude E6420 and E6430 mSATA SSD compatibility and BIOS issue

Hi Otto89,
Latitude E6420 and E6430 are not designed to install the mSATA drive on the system. The slot provided is for WWAN cards. Therefore, I am afraid there will be no BIOS update released to customize the mSATA drive.
Please reply for any queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19475918
Relevancy 71.38%

hi

im a new member so im a little lost at the moment. i have a dell latitude 510 that wont start up. it has started once for me but then shut down again The lights come on 3 near the screen 2 down the side on the top and the network plug flashes i have replaced the memory,removed the battery and removed the dvd still no good any ideas

borg

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello, I borrowed a Dell Latitude 630 because my Compaq nx9420 can hardly even boot up now. I'm not sure if the sound stopped after I installed a game or after I plugged my headphones into what I was pretty sure was a headphone port. I don't remember, but all I know is that I can't play World of Warcraft and I'm freaking out. Can someone please help me? It has XP.

Relevancy 71.38%

Ive got one of the above, but its Vid card is substandard*. Its an ATI rage mobility 4 (count 'em)mb jobbie.

Is there anyway on this earth that I can improve the graphics capabilities of this machine???

CS in software mode sucks.

* Edited by moderator

A:Dell latitude L400

Originally posted by Wilier
ATI rage mobility 4 mb
Is there anyway I can improve the graphics capabilities

Nope! Besides, ATI RAGE Mobility?, is not a true 4Mb. The video memory is not on the die itself, but it is part of the packaging. The way these integrated units are set up, your using ram resources.
http://www.ati.com/na/pages/showcase/mobility/#1

Similar Topic Here --> http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=242

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-l400.251/
Relevancy 71.38%

What do you do if your Dell Latitude w/ 233 processor won't offer you a set up screen? The laptop works fine..but at start up....pressing fn +F1 or F2 doesn't put you into set up mode? Thanks! Bill

Relevancy 71.38%

Dear Tec Guy

I hope you can help my daughter has a Dell Latitude X300 with no disk drive. She is running it on Windows XP. When she switches it on it boots up and shows the windows screen and then reboots all over again i have been into F2 and F12 but i cant see anything that could be causing a problem, i cant get into download anything on her laptop to set the drivers back up and i cant put a disk in because there is no disk drive. Please help a desperate mum .....

A:Dell Latitude X300

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/417313-solved-pc-keeps-rebooting.html click here and read some ideas on how to enter the system and check it. F8 on some systems but with a Dell it may be F4 - can't remember. The trick is to see if you can get into to safe mode at the moment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-x300.948244/
Relevancy 71.38%

dell latitude c810 turns on and then it will shut off in 2 seconds,there is nothing showing on the display when this happens,also it will work fine with a external monitor.
can anyone help me with these problem.
thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-c810.156874/
Relevancy 71.38%

On a Dell Latitude cpi r lap top, what is the function oif the jumnper labeled JB00 found underneath the key board close to the 24co2 chip? It has 5 volts on it and is connected to either the 1 or 8 pin and connects alos via a cap to the adjacent pin either 2 or 7pin,,,?? I am wonder if this is a possible reset jumper to disable the password for the chip?

A:Jumper on Dell latitude cpi r

No, it is not a reset jumper. There is not one on the CPI

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jumper-on-dell-latitude-cpi-r.133993/
Relevancy 71.38%

I m in the process of looking at new laptops and want to see if there is a consensus on what would be a better choice Latitude or Inspiron PIII GHz Display XGA SVGA or UXGA any real difference between the gb ultra ata hd guess they are rpm doesn t say mb RAM Win USB or PS Mouse Xircom Realport if possible Doesn t a second battery take up a cd a slot Laptop will be docked while in office and Inspiron Dell's Latitude vs is used by Legal Director who will be on the road with it during the Legislative Session Medium use We ve gone with Dell Desktops and have been pretty happy with them We ve also done Latitute Inspiron laptops Inspiron C P and Celeron don t mix the PII works fine Latitudes C P with Win Win are very reliable Latitude C P with Win is so-so BUT I didn t put it together a non-tech person did but it s hers so there Latitudes are about whereas the Inspirons are about also with Office XP Thanks for your inputs Randy nbsp

A:Dell's Inspiron vs Latitude

Inspirons are more powerful but more bulky

Latitudes are classed as ultraportable but they are not as portable. They often come with more connection possibilites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dells-inspiron-vs-latitude.67816/
Relevancy 71.38%

hi i have a dell latitude D620 and it has a novell client password and wont let me log in it asks for a username and password how can i fix this problem i need help please

A:dell latitude D620

read the FAQs please: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic86309.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d620.88101/
Relevancy 71.38%

I'm trying to change BIOS data.

I simply cannot change the page (7 of) or move from the time Date Fields.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks.

A:Dell Latitude C840

But you have no problem changing other BIOS settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-c840.981615/
Relevancy 71.38%

Have a Dell laptop is win XP pro 32bit. It was running fine when I went to bed but next day turned it on and it couldn't boot had a message saying " unmountable_boot_volume " . Codes behind it were 0x000000ED ( 0x82324030, 0xc0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000.). Failed the DST Short Status test. Had statement saying " Log contains previous errors ". I think I've tried all combos of F keys alone and with an, control, even alt try to bring up factory setting app. Help plz.

A:Dell Latitude 600 cannot boot up

" unmountable_boot_volume""Failed the DST Short Status test""Log contains previous errors"Put those 3 statements together & it's very likely your hard drive has failed. Hopefully you have backup copies of any important data because you may not be able to recover it. Try running a diagnostics test to confirm the hard drive's status.http://www.dell.com/support/Article...message edited by riider

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/dell-latitude-600-cannot-boot-up/203681.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I've just started having problems of my Dell powering off whenever I hold the bottol right hand by the battery. The sceen goes off, but the loghts remain on, but cannot get the screen to come back on, unless I switch off power on the computer switch by holding it in for a couple of seconds. Please help

A:Dell Latitude D620

Did you check Power Options in Control Panel to verify that pressing the power button actually shuts the computer off and doesn't put it in Stand By or Hibernation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d620.626997/
Relevancy 71.38%

hi everybody,

i need help please, i have a dell latitude d530 it was running windows vista
but i im not sure if my son deleted it, anyways i dont have a recovery disc from dell and a friend of mine let me borrow his windows xp home edition sp1 cd from hp, i created an iso cd from nlite, with the dell drivers but when i was doing the setup the system setup log screen pops up saying this:

error.

the signature for windows xp home edition setup is invalid. the error code is c0000006.

the system cannot find message text for message number 0xc0000006 in the message file for syssetup.dll.

i dont know what else i can do please help. thanks

A:help with my dell latitude d530

Did you try a system restore? If not go to this link http://support.dell.com/support/edoc.../JU373ENMR.pdf
and go to page 135 and try it. You can also call Dell and get the 2 CD's for your system for a small fee. Have your service code ready when you talk to Dell.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-my-dell-latitude-d530-483450.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am new to this site and joined because I have a technical problem with my 3 year old Dell Latitude 600. When I press the start button to start it, the little lights light for about 2-3 seconds and then shut off. Nothing even comes to the screen. Any ideas?

A:Dell Latitude won't start

Hi

Sorry to be so long answering, ive been a bit busy, usual cause is faulty memory chips or ones that have just worked loose, if you have 2 chips try either in DImm1 socket and see if it works, failing that the board is going bad, do an Ebay search on the board and see what it costs to replace it.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-wont-start.74059/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi! Acording to the online specs this laptop has Intel's HD Graphics 4400 GPU and AMD's Radeon HD 8850M graphics chip, but in device manager is just the intel graphics and when i try to install the amd driver , the amd auto-detect isn`t recognizing the video card. In dxdiag it shows just the intel graphics nothing about the radeon s 8850m . It`s like the video card isn`t there at all. What should i do ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19989777
Relevancy 71.38%

I got a dell Latitude D400 http://computerzenabled.com/oscart/images/Delld400.jpg from a friend but the OS need to be reloaded. Also it has no Docking station nor Drives to Load OS on there. if I go all out and buy a usb cd/dvd drive do you think it will recognize it as a drive on the computer? Help PLease

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d400.616051/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a dell latitude d400 with an Intel Pentium M Processor 1.40 GHz. Im wondering if i could upgrade that to an Intel Core Duo, please help. Thanks. I have xp running on this.

A:Dell Latitude d400

Hi jkswimmer and welcome to Vista Forums

Sorry, but I don't recommend this. With a desktop system, then possibly. However, with laptops things are much more complicated. Power consumption and heat dissipation are the greatest concern and they are optimised for the current processor in the system. A replacement processor, if it is not identical, might have different power and thermal characteristics, in which case the system would fail to keep it within its normal working range. In addition to that, simply accessing the processor on a laptop is much more complicated than simply removing the side panel as you would on a desktop. You literally have to strip the laptop right down, being carefull not to lose the various small screws or damage the wiring and its connectors. And then, of course, you will need to repeat the procedure in reverse to reassemble it.
Personally, I would leave your laptop as it is, with one exception. To improve its performance, make sure that you have installed the maximum amount of memory that it supports (see manual for details).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190937-dell-latitude-d400.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I copied this directly from my question on Yahoo Answers because I did not yet get an answer ----- We have an OLD Dell Latitude from CD! ANY Old WILL Latitude NOT Dell boot laptop that we got from someone a long time ago and it is very slow It has XP Pro on it but it is way too slow for actually using I installed Xubuntu via Wubi Old Dell Latitude WILL NOT boot from ANY CD! and that worked great So I decided I would try to partition the HD and put Xubuntu on permanently and probably remove Windows I uninstalled Xubuntu but it still shows up on the boot menu even though it doesn t work ANYWAYS I Old Dell Latitude WILL NOT boot from ANY CD! have a few various boot CDs including Xubuntu UBCD and the Windows disc that came with the laptop The laptop has no CD Drive on it so it uses an external one with some weird cable Not USB The problem is that NO boot cd will boot on that laptop They all work on any other computer but this thing refuses to boot any cd It sits at the Dell screen when it finds that there s a boot cd and it sits there for minutes and does one of two things It stops trying and boots to Windows It makes a horrendously loud BEEEEEP and says something along the lines of quot Boot incomplete press F something to resume in which pressing that takes you to Windows or F something to go to Setup BIOS Now I HAVE configured the BIOS crap boot order So in theory it SHOULD boot from CDs Instead it tries to but then it seems like it gives up and just boots to Windows The specs that I can tell of the laptop are Pentium III Processor MB of RAM GB Hard Drive ish inch monitor and only one USB port not And I don t know anything about the graphics I really need help with this I need to get it to boot from CDs so I can fix the darn piece of crap It USED to boot from its Windows CD But no longer Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-dell-latitude-will-not-boot-from-any-cd.943956/
Relevancy 71.38%

First I must say hello all I have had a browes around seems I might fit in here nice place folks.

Now my quest I have been given a named above Dell, It runs very very slow OS is XP Home, now it has a
system memory 128MB Internal cache 256KB video memory 2.5MB H/Drive 6495 MB

Is there away I can adjust the 300 mhz to go either 450 or 500? If so can someone guide me on how please. ?

What happens is it will load to windows desktop in 90 seconds when I try to access from Start control panel it takes for ever to load or open anything come to that any help or advice welcome. Please don't say throw it away LOL

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello everyone I'm new here but I have a problem and need some help. I have a Dell latitude D505 when I turn it on I get a white screen that says:

This computer system, #3DQ3051-595B is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

Any thought? Thanks in advance....

A:Need Help with Dell Latitude D505

Where did you get the laptop from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-dell-latitude-d505.91505/
Relevancy 71.38%

I want to know if I can upgrade my computer to use 8GB on may computer. I am wondering it that is possible. I am running windows 7 home preimum, 120 GB SSD with 32 bits now

Relevancy 71.38%

my laptop turns on,but then a black screen,after a while it says windows could not start successfully,please start in safe mode etc.,but no keys will do anything.also it will say file missing or corrupt,please reinstate,but when no keys will work how can i do anything what it tells me to.i was using laptop and it just suddenly went off,and then the above messages come on.i can also hear a clicking sound.is it time for the scrap yard or will it be worth having it fixed. thanks any help will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-laptop-latitude-600-a-306434.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I got a user that was working with a Dell Latitude D630 running Vista. I know dell and vista is their first problem. The user powered down the laptop and then went to turn it back on and nothing. The laptop acts like its going to power up and i get a black screen and i see the mouse pointer and i can move it but thats all. I booted to safe mode and same thing. Im new to vista so im stuck. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-dell-latitude-help.626019/
Relevancy 71.38%

my computer says:

"This computer system, #BYZBWOJ-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter> "

someone who can help me,or can give a master password or link to site?

I have tried much, backdoor passwords memory-sure, Latitude_MasterPW.exe, looked at on this forum,tried, but nothing has helped me. Are able me perhaps with something help you something that works.

ps: Dell c640 Latitude

A:Dell C640 Latitude

same problem is there any solutions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-c640-latitude.53614/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi all I was thinking about purchasing a d420 how Latitude -- Dell it? is Dell Latitude d for is this a good laptop for its price It has GB RAM and comes with charge and all It looks fresh I didn t see any scratches or anything tomorrow before I buy it I am going to take a look at it again and turn it on The local pawn shop by my school is selling it I need a Dell Latitude d420 -- how is it? laptop that is good on the go and just like this witch Dell Latitude d420 -- how is it? is lightweight and small to carry How is it What are your reviews about it are the latitude series good for a high school student I might play some games on it like WoW If I do purchase it I am going to install Windows XP Crystal and optimize it the best I could I would of had my HP Pavillion dv but turns out I bought a new LCD and whole screen for it and got it installed now the Graphics card web on it If I wanted to replace it I would need to change the whole mother board HP said sucks for me nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d420-how-is-it.171149/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Dell Latitude D520 Laptop and am having problems with the display... I am running Windows XP SP3. When I switch the Laptop on all starts fine and all the Icons appear as they should. However, after approx 5 mins the Display goes off and no matter what I do I can't get it to come back on. After Restart the same thing happens. I don't think this is a Software Issue as it all starts as it should and the problem persists after I've tried re installing Windows onto it. When the screen Dims it is still possible to see everything very dimly in the background.

Any help would be greatly appreciated????

A:Dell Latitude D520 HELP!!!!

Is the power adapter attached when this happens? Laptops by default dim after 5 minutes of inactivity when the power adapter is not attached to save power but it should come back on by either pressing the power button once, or tapping the Enter key. Is the battery being recharged when the power adapter is attached? You can try this without the battery in, and just using the Power Adapter to test if the battery is the problem.
You can adjust the power settings by right clicking a blank space on the desktop/Properties/Screen Save/Power. You can change the time and what the power button does. (ex) pressing power button once to wake from sleep etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d520-help-639066.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Dell Latitude CPi laptop. Worked fine earlier, knocked it off a monitor it was sitting on and now it doesn't work, go figure. It was off and closed when it fell. The biggest clue I have is this: When I hit the power button, the light comes on, screen stays black, but as soon as the battery charge light comes on (blinks periodically to let you know battery's charging) the light goes off. Nothing on the screen. When I try to turn it on without being plugged in, the power light blinks and screen still black. I've been working on this laptop for a while, and would like to get it working again. anyone have any ideas? I'd be happy to give any more information if needed.

Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Dell latitude D610

My problem is that I want to use a second monitor and my laptop screen at the same time, but I want them to be in different resolutions.

Is this possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d610.555492/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello my friends need help I have a dell latitude d520 blocks could help me find a clue I'm in this for months and find nothing I would appreciate your help

excuse my English

A:Dell Latitude d520

What is wrong with your Dell D520??? Does it lock up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d520.169155/
Relevancy 71.38%

Dell Latitude 5270P/N SNS5270001
It come with 1TB 5400RPM  of HDDCan i add M.2 SSD to work with HDD
SSD: use as system osHDD: use as data storageThank you

A:Dell Latitude 5270 HDD & SSD

Yes, you can.  That said, M.2 drives are offered in both SATA and PCI Express (aka NVMe) versions.  Be sure you get a SATA drive - NOT a PCI Express drive.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19684646
Relevancy 71.38%

i just reinstalled xp on my moms laptop i dowmloaded all the drivers from dell but the network controller is still missing driver i have read a similar post on this site about a latitude c610 with same issue i hope someone can help me soon because it is not allowing me to access wifi only lan HELP PLEASE

A:dell latitude d800 Help please

try this http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=175637

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d800-help-please-506697.html