Windows Support Forum

Usb 3.1 adapter in a Z600 workstation

Q: Usb 3.1 adapter in a Z600 workstation

I would like to know if the Z600 will support the 3.1 USB adapter card and if so, what do I need for an installation?

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Usb 3.1 adapter in a Z600 workstation

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Usb 3.1 adapter in a Z600 workstation

Agree.... that card should work in a Z600, but will it work to the USB 3.1 10Gbps speed standard? No. The HP Z600 workstation has no PCIe generation 3 slots. It has 3 PCIe Gen2 slots, 1 PCIe Gen1 slot, and 2 PCI slots. Below is a link to the HP page describing the Z600's slots: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01719695 Here is a note from StarTech regarding their card's speeds, emphasis added: "The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. PCI Express Gen 1.0 max throughput is 2.5Gbps. PCI Express Gen 2.0 max throughput is 5Gbps. PCI Express Gen 3.0 max throughput is 10Gbps. The available bandwidth (10Gbps) is shared equally between the two ports." These USB 3.0/USB 3.1 PCIe cards generally need power supplementation.... the +5VDC they need does not come up from the slot, but it is easy to find a 4-wire "molex" peripheral-to-SATA power adapter which can provide you the higher wattage 5VDC they need to meet potential power draws (versus what USB 2.0 needs). All this info came from research figuring out how to add the Texas Instruments based HP USB 3.0 card to our xw6600 workstations, which have 2 PCIe Gen2 slots (the rest are Gen1). Z620 gives you some PCIe Gen3 slots.... slots 2,4 and 5. Here's the Z600 slots diagram:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Usb-3-1-adapter-in-a-Z600-workstation/td-p/5693335
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, Description explains it all, I've been thinking of replacing my current HDD for a SSD. I haven't done much researching on this myself but thought I would check here just encase there's any known issues/pit falls with installing a ssd into z600 workstation, I will be looking at adding a 1TB ssd. 1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ? 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations? 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks? Any info would be appreciated, Griff

Solved!
View Solution.

A:installing a SSD into Z600 Workstation.

Installed a Samsung Evo 500gb SATA III into my z600..and it works perfectly. Installed it last week and have been installing programs and having general use from it with no problems. I wanted to test it properly before posting a response. It could be possible that i experience issues with it later, but I would of thought that if it had any issues I would know about it by now. My SSD reads at 282 MB/s and writes at 270 MB/s - Random Read 51612 (IOPS) Random Write (IOPS) 47395. Being a SATA II gen workstation its not reaching the SSD's full potential at 540/520 Mb/s read write but from what I've read you wouldn't even notice the difference its so fast.. and I agree  CC suite, mozilla, (haven't installed 3dsmax yet) all boot in seconds compared to minutes on old HDD. Just to note I didn't use a HP recovery disk to reinstall OS. I used an official windows 7 .iso and booted from USB (even though it some has some useful things, i didn't want HP bloatware) Drivers installed perfectly without a hitch. Windows serial on bottom of tower  1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ?" Via Scott's comments, look for the 'needs-tool' version in the post's above, mine cost 8.50 and takes all of 5 seconds to fit the ssd to the z600. I wouldn't sugguest buying the tool-less version.. unless you have no hands and lots of money." 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations?"Yes they're HP approved SSDs detailed in the post's above, but I've had no issue with consumer grade SSD, but you roll the dice with which brand. The Samsung EVO 500gb, no problems. You can use SATA III ssd's but you can get issues as warned by HP as their firmware doesn't support some types (so basically if it doesn't work they wont help you) ". 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks?"Make sure your BIOS is set to RAID+AHCI (Mine was already setup like this). I used the samsung magician tool after install and it will say that your PC is not set to AHCI, but i just ignore it. As long as BIO's and firmware are up to date you will be fine. Use a blindmate formfactor to install the ssd (see above posts). Make sure you get the latest firmware on a usb before you install SSD, it should be the first thing to check after installing the SSD. You don't need to change SATA cables from II to III as the cables are backwards compatible.. either way having a SATA III in a z600 will just limit you to SATA II speeds (which compared to a normal HDD are ridiculously quick). Just plug-in and install OS. It may be worth reading up on SSD optimistation, the samsung magician advises some things to do but not all neccessary, its either lifespan over performance.. defintely worth reading up on, if this is your first SSD as it was for me."  Hands down best upgrade i've done to my workstation, and very simple to do. I'm glad I waited for better support and for the cost to go down on SSD's before using them. Want to say a big thanks to Scott Harrison for his help on this subject. I pestered him lots but have really appreciated his guidance! cheers Scott and anyone else who posted help.  Enjoy your SSD, I will.  Griff

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/installing-a-SSD-into-Z600-Workstation/td-p/5081717
Relevancy 79.12%

We have a number of HP Z600 workstations that were upgraded with additional memory. After rebooting the system reports:207-Incompatible DIMMs detected slot CPU1 DIMM1203-Memory module failed self-test and the failing rank was disabled slot CPU1 DIMM1.The BIOS indicates DIMM1 as ERRDiagnostics show the memory module at the correct size and speed but its part number does not fully populate.When the DIMM is removed the system still reports the 203/207 error.I have tried to update the BIOS with the latest version, apply default setup and clear CMOS but the device still reports an error with DIMM1 (populated or unpopulated). All other DIMMs work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-203-207-Memory-Fault/td-p/5829718
Relevancy 78.26%

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,  My father gave me a "Z600 workstation" that he is not going to use anymore(retired). I noticed that this unit can have a dual CPU setup. My question is if I can use this unit for gaming. Can I set up the rig with 2 CPU for better gaming performance?  I am aware of GPU and RAMM upgrades but not to sure if it's even possible to run the 2 CPU at the same time? Will having the 2 CPU increase the GHz speed from 2.13GHz - 4.26GHz? system : HP Z600 WorkstationIntel Xeon E5506 (1x)@2.13GHz3GB DDR3 RAMMWindows 8.1 ProBoot Block Date 01/30/09 B3-based system 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-adding-second-CPU-improve-speed-Z600-workstation/td-p/5672234
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi everybody i need your help i have hp z600  workstation but when start doesnn't show anything i change procesor  ram graphic card but same problem  didnt show anything in scren can anybody know what is to happen with my pc ? 

A:HP Z600 Workstation doesn't show anythink

Do the system fans start to spin after you hit the power button ?Does the workstation not beep and blink red ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-doesn-t-show-anythink/td-p/5571295
Relevancy 78.26%

We have a Z at my workplace which powers off unexpectedly after some time usually a few hours I have not been able to catch it happening but I come back to the machine and it is powered down nbsp I have done a bit of investigation so far but have not been able to get to the root of the problem - Updated bios problem still occurs I saw mention of bios updates fixing an unexpected poweroff problem - Checked temperatures during stress testing seem normal rules out heat problems - Tried removing extra HDs still get poweroff I suspected bad power supply - Tried MemTest still get poweroff indicates that it is not an OS software problem I have not seen any failures detected by memtest - Looked blink codes on the Z600 Troubleshoot workstation: poweroff unexpected LED on the back of the PSU after a shutdown LED does not blink nbsp I got this info from here nbsp http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId emr na-c N F My next step nbsp would be to try swapping the power supply from another known working Z machine which we have nbsp It looks like a straightforward operation although the machines have different CPU configurations CPUs in Troubleshoot Z600 workstation: unexpected poweroff the problematic machine vs CPU in the Troubleshoot Z600 workstation: unexpected poweroff good machine - perhaps the capacities are different nbsp Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting steps to take before I nbsp put it in for service nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Troubleshoot-Z600-workstation-unexpected-poweroff/td-p/5727701
Relevancy 77.4%

I am running an HP Z workstation Bios version G V nbsp OS is duel boot Windows Professional -bit amp Ubuntu LTS nbsp Using F set-up I have Enabled Advanced- gt Bios Power On for all days of the week and have set a time for power on Under Advanced- gt Device Options I have enabled wake on lan Under Advanced- gt Power on- gt Options After Power Loss i have set the option to always on nbsp If push power on button on front of machine it auto boots to Linux If I then pull the plug the machine immediately goes off If I plug the machine back in NOTHING HAPPENS It doesn't power up I have to push the button If I unplug the machine and then plug it in and wait until the BIOS Pwoer On time then machine does NOT boot or power up at the selected workstation auto after won't Z600 power loss boot time Again I have to push the button to get it to power on nbsp What am I missing or doing wrong The machine is being used as a remote server It has to automatically reboot after power loss nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 workstation won't auto boot after power loss

Changed nothing and the issue went away.Had a 4 hour power failure in the building.When power was restored machine automatically rebooted.So pulling plug on Z600, machine doesn't auto-boot.Power fail entire building: router, monitor, Z600 and machines boots.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-workstation-won-t-auto-boot-after-power-loss/td-p/5464151
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi.Our brand new HP Z600 workstation running win srv 2008 rebooted after only couple of weeks with the following output from bios level screen:System reset caused by CATERR.927 - Fatal error on dimm in slot CPU0 DIMM1ECC Error on read operation What does this mean and how can we prevent this from happening in the future ? ThanksSergey

A:Z600 workstation reboots: system reset caused by CATERR

Having the a similar caterr error message.Did you recieve any response? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z600-workstation-reboots-system-reset-caused-by-CATERR/td-p/157403
Relevancy 49.88%

So I rebooted the win7 workstation went to login to it normally with the users credentials and it acts like its a new user login everything is default all pst's, docs, favs, everything is gone . If you browse the windows explorer you can see there are other similar profiles that it looks like used to be . What would happen if I tried to rename a user in Active directory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-workstation-on-domain-network-rebooted-workstation-and-login-is-all-gone-572631.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just finished setting up my new to me Z with x E CPUs and gb of ram the ad said gb but it actually had x gb and x gb nbsp nbsp I have done some reaseach on this forum already and I got lucky with the later version of the motherboard I have gb of ram on the way and Z600 me to New plan to explore CPU upgrades New to me Z600 as funds allow nbsp nbsp Couple of things I am wondering about at this point nbsp nbsp The power button LED does not seem to light up I New to me Z600 saw refernce to this issue somewhere and they maybe burnt out Unless there is a BIOS setting I am missing this seems like the only plausable cause The machine seems to work as it should nbsp I am missing the top trim grill and the rear handle I think it was mounted in a rack Its a minnor thing but I'd like to replace if I can I have come up with P N nbsp - is this correct I found one on ebay with a suspect picture does anyone know of any other sources I have searched

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/New-to-me-Z600/td-p/5788493
Relevancy 46.87%
Q: Z600

Hello , Maybe its a stupid question  I recieved a Z600 desktop pc .2x Intel Xeon Processor E5606 4C 2.13 GHz, 80W, 8M cache,4.80 GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066MHzQuadro 4000And 8 gb ram I know i will not be able to run the latest games with those specs . But what if i would install for example 2x x5570 toghether with gpu gtx 750 or 760. Would i be able to play games like dark souls 3 , battlefield 4 , .... Is it still worth to put some little money in it , max 150euro ? Its just that i watched this video on youtube and he is able to play the witcher 3 ultra settings .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LfW366E9fw  

A:Z600

That is still a great workstation, and you can upgrade it nicely.  Read this entire thread, and be happy you have been gifted a "revision 1" motherboard that has higher capabilities than the original motherboard. Link is here. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/CPU-Upgrades/td-p/5... Google Z600 QuickSpecs, and the top one will be about version 7 but the next one will be about version 51.  Those reflect the original versus revision 1 motherboard. The SSD I recommended in the above thread is the one to get.  A fresh W7Pro64 is the way to go.  You can upgrade processors, but if the Max TDP for the one(s) you want is over 95W then you need to make sure you have a "Perfomance" heatsink/fan over it.  The search bar in this forum directs to this forum only.  You'll need to spend some time.  Note that you should only install a processor from the list in the QuickSpecs later versions to max out your performance, though you can use the older ones too. These are still new enough and in demand..... two fastest "revision 1" category processors will not be cheap even used off eBay.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600/td-p/5590293
Relevancy 46.44%

i've got a new to me z600 workstation. Looking to upgrade it for video editing. Currently it's running windows XP pro, looking to upgrade that. Currently it has a X5550 chipset( single) 3gb ramCurrently it's running dual 160gb hd's Looking to upgrade the CPU's dual processors, largest possible. and max out ram (24gb)   What should I use?Hard drive, looking to install a SSD Any help is appreciated   

A:z600 upgrades CPU, HD

I am working on a Z600 project right now, so this is timely.  You will need to use the search box on this page upper left area, which searches this forum only. 1.  First step is to see if you have an original motherboard or the later "revision 1" motherboard.  Best way to tell is if you look up the boot block date in BIOS, under the first tab.  The boot block date tells you if you have original or revision 1 most easily. 2.  Assuming it is the better later motherboard, then you need to find the latest Z600 QuickSpecs.... its in the 50s, maybe 51 or 58.  From that you can look at the HP supported processors.  Your memory should be the faster 1333 type but most of those processors listed there run slower than that.  3 run at the faster speed which will let your memory run faster too.  You can choose from those 3 for the best heavy lifting.  Note that the fastest quad core is faster than the fastest hexacore.  So, if you want raw speed I'd bet the quad core would serve you well.  If you want 12 rather than 8 total cores then go with the fastest hexacore.  I use the Noctua thermal paste.  We have had good success with used processors off eBay for these types of workstation upgrades. 3.  You'll want 2 processors, and you'll want to match to the heatsink/fan you already have. 4.  I believe you don't need a "performance" heatsink for 95 watt processor.... the motherboard wants one for processors that are over 95 watts, from my reading.  There is a way to spoof a motherboard into thinking it has a performance heatsink attached when it only is a mainstream, by the way. 5.  SSDs.... I have been very pleased with the Intel 320 series 300GB SSD that you can get off eBay.  We use a lot of those.... rock solid, and the Intel Toolbox is great for tuning it.  That workstation is a SATA Gen II one, and HP warns against using SATA Gen III HDDs in those unless they are sourced from HP (assume special HP firmware applied).  We have not seen a comment from HP on whether this rule holds also for SSDs, but I am assuming so.  Hence, I choose to use that particular SSD, and also have used HP-sourced Gen III SSDs in our SATA Gen II workstations with zero problems. The Intel 320 series SSD is a SATA Gen II drive with enterprise features, and has served us very well.  Even used off eBay they almost always have had 100% life left in them.  I update their firmware as needed via the Intel Toolbox. 6.  We use W7Pro64 mostly, but I have been pleased with the W10Pro64 OS.  You can upgrade to W10Pro64 for free at this time, so I have been "W10 activating" all my xw and Z workstations and having that ready for the future, but still mainly running them with W7Pro64.  Once your box is W10 activated you can install W10 anytime later.  You certainly want a 64 bit OS. 7.  You need a second processor to take advantage of the second set of 3 memory slots..... ideally you'll run with 6 x 1GB, 6 x 2GB, or 6 x 4GB.  The sweet spot for $/GB is with the 2GB sticks.  Having them all the same size gets you a speed benefit too....  Look at official HP sticks for that on eBay and you also can find the same codes from other vendors such as Dell.  I consider the HP sticks the best because they have been "binned" for quality. 8.  HP just came out with a new BIOS for the Z600.  It is best to update BIOS from within BIOS.  I have gathered best HP driver sets for W7Pro64 from later HP workstation sources and they load fine on the Z600, but for W10 I've been using what comes from the autoload from MS.  9.  I like to add in a quality eSATA backplane adapter to the bottom opening for fast backup and Acronis image captures.  I also like to add one of the TI-based HP USB3 cards into the top PCIe slot, and am working on a nice use of that ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z600-upgrades-CPU-HD/td-p/5604870
Relevancy 46.44%

I have the following HP Z and I want to upgrade the CPU from the Z600 upgrade CPU current Intel Xeon E nbsp to E E or X processors The two basic questions I have nbsp are nbsp Is nbsp that possible If so what exactly do I have to do Implicit in those two questions are nbsp Will the chipsets on the motherboard will support the newer processors Will the current heatsinks for the E CPUs work or will it be necessary to replace them Thanks nbsp Bob nbsp ------------------------------------------------------------- nbsp ComputerModel HP Z Workstation C XSerial Number UA Chassis HP Mini TowerMainboard HP AE Z600 CPU upgrade hSerial Number UA BIOS HP G v NUMA Support Z600 CPU upgrade Unit s Total Memory GB ECC DIMM DDR nbsp Z600 CPU upgrade ProcessorsProcessor Intel R Xeon R CPU nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp E nbsp GHz C GHz GHz GHz IMC x kB L MB L Processor Intel R Xeon R CPU nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp E nbsp GHz C GHz GHz GHz IMC x kB L MB L Socket Slot FC LGA nbsp ChipsetMemory Controller HP Tylersburg- D I O Hub x GHz GHz Memory Controller HP Xeon Nehalem UnCore x GHz GHz x GB ECC DIMM DDR GHz -bitMemory Controller HP Xeon Nehalem UnCore x GHz GHz x GB ECC DIMM DDR GHz -bit nbsp Memory Module s Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - nbsp Video Adapter ASUS R X Series CU SP SM GHz GB DDR GHz -bit PCIe x nbsp Graphics ProcessorOpenCL GP Processor ASUS R X Series SP C GHz GB DDR GHz -bit Compute Shader Processor ASUS R X Series SP C GHz GB DDR GHz -bit nbsp Storage DevicesGB C GB SATA MB Cache GB CWDC WD FAEX- BA TB SATA rpm TB E F G HWDC WD FAEX- BA TB SATA rpm TB D IASUS nbsp nbsp nbsp BW- D HT SATA BD-RE DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache N A Z nbsp Operating SystemWindows System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack Platform Compliance x nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 CPU upgrade

Bob, Correct Prefix of these processors is (x5650, x5660 and X5675) Model No           Part No x5650                WG731AA x5660                WG732AA X5675                LB215AA I have also mentioned technical information below what these prefix's means, Letter Prefix:X = PerformanceE = Mainstream (rack mount)L = Power OptimizedW = Workstation for up to 2 processors per motherboard. The letters also refer to the power consumption figures of the CPUs in question. Note that the numbers associated with the letters are for the "Nehalem"-based Xeon family and older Xeons that use the letter designations have different TDP values associated with the letters. L = Thermal design power (expected power draw with a 100% CPU load running normal software) of 60 watts or less. These are the "low voltage" chips. E = TDP of 80 watts. Intel refers to the Xeon 5500/5600s with this letter prefix as the "basic" line and as a result, the idle power draw on these chips is frequently worse than any of the other series of chips, despite the other chips possibly having a higher full-load power draw. X = TDP of 95 watts. These are the "premium" mainstream chips as their TDP is not so excessive that they are difficult to cool in a rack server, yet their idle power consumption is far lower than the E-series chips. W = TDP of 130 watts and higher. These are the fastest, hottest Xeons made and they are designed to be used in workstations and pedestal servers with better cooling than an average 1U or 2U rack server. ========================================================Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.========================================================**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5053635
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone nbsp I've got a couple questions im not a very tech savy person so I tried to research as C2 for Z600 Upgrade much as I could nbsp st Question nbsp I would like to upgrade my z ram to gb which I read is the max amount of ram I can have also read that needs to be ECC Registered memory so I found this and I would like to know if it's the right option nbsp http www ebay com itm Server-RAM- GB- x- GB-PC - R-ECC-Registered- MHz- - v- Upgrade for Z600 C2 pin-Memory- nbsp nd Question nbsp Im interested in getting an USB pcie card but since this computer has been out for quite a long time im not sure if the card is compatible as I read thunderbolt cards are not compatible so this is the next best thing I found nbsp http www ebay com itm nbsp I would really appreciate any help I can get nbsp Thanks in advance and excuse my english not a native speaker

A:Upgrade for Z600 C2

Heya there, this link might answer your 2nd question http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/PCIe-SSD/td-p/55733...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-for-Z600-C2/td-p/5484111
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I have a HP Z and love the machine nbsp It currently has nbsp nbsp Dual Xeon E Ghz nbsp Processors can HP V1.0 I Z600 Mobo do? with What - GB Ram nbsp Evga Geforce SC nbsp Lately I have been gaming a little on the machine because of the HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? card I have installed nbsp However I am noticing slight performance issues with the machine nbsp I am assuming the processors at this point nbsp DUe HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? to the fact all spec testing coming back and saying the processors are the minimum requirement's nbsp for allot nbsp of the games nbsp BF GTA Doom nbsp Don't get me wrong nbsp Doom plays amazing on this machine on nightmare ultra settings on a screen nbsp However there is some slight shuttering and hiccups here and there nbsp I have read so many different answers to this question and hope I can get a more direct answer nbsp With a Z V HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? motherboard what are my faster Xeon processor options nbsp nbsp I would like an X however my understanding is that may not be a possibility nbsp with my older MB I have something like V bios software installed nbsp Or am I looking at a processor like the X nbsp nbsp Thank you for the input nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z600-with-V1-0-Mobo-What-can-I-do/td-p/5769174
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi ,

I have this product but after updating my computer to W7 ı have a problem with it. The original cd refers to Xp , 2000, 98 but now for W7 it says " it ' s not suitable for your system.

I ' m looking forwart to hearing news from you

Thanks ...

A:Lexmark Z600 W7 Driver ???

Hi Betonarmy,
Here is the Windows Vista Driver if you want to attempt to use it.

Lexmark - United States

Also as far as a Windows 7 driver here is what I saw on their website:
Problem

Cannot find MS Windows 7 printer driver; Unable to locate driver

Solution

Driver Support
Lexmark is in the process of preparing for the launch of the new Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.Driver Availability
In the weeks leading to consumer launch of Microsoft Windows 7, Lexmark will publish the type of support expected and the timeframe in which drivers will be available. Lexmark is currently finalizing Windows 7 support for a variety of its existing products. The list of products which will have Windows 7 support at launch is available in the links below. Windows 7 Business Products

Windows 7 Home Office and SMB Products
Operating System Driver Support
Some printer models will have native easy-to-install printer drivers embedded in the operating system's driver library. Lexmark is providing a wide variety of printer drivers to be included with Microsoft Windows 7.Driver Delivery
Drivers will be available for download from support.lexmark.com , and recently released printers may have the Microsoft Windows 7 driver available on the Software and Documentation CD provided in the box with the device, or a combination of both driver delivery methods will be available.Future Products
Starting in 2010, all new products will ship with Windows 7 support.

Raj

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/46380-lexmark-z600-w7-driver.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have just upgraded to windows 7 (from Vista) and now I can't print. I have a Lexmark Z600 and although I did have problems getting the driver loaded & working with Vista, it did finally work. After upgrading to windows 7, I reloaded the printer driver to no avail. I even deleted it and went out and found the latest driver available for my printer and still no help. Any ideas ?

A:windows 7 vs lexmark z600

I gave up trying with my X74 All-in-one in the end.

Lexmark website was very definite XP was last driver release.

I never had vista.

Bought Canon MP 250 All-in-One then from Argos at 34.99 which I am very happy with. Although I dont do an awful lot of printing.
And mostly convert colour web pages to print in Grayscale.
(to save on colour cartridges)

The printer is quite noisy at start of printing as it resets heads and loads a page of paper, but quiet enough during printing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-vs-lexmark-z600.901577/
Relevancy 46.01%

So im trying to upgrade to 2 X5650s but it wont boot. I updated the bios to 3.57 and at least the 2 80mm fans dont go crazy but still no boot. The manuals online say its compatible. Thanks for any help Model Z600 (FW863AV)Z600B/ZC2.66+/L160/W4.0/295+a/p

Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there! I got a later spec Z600 WS here that came with dual X5650 (TDP 95W).I made a good deal and got two X5680 (TDP 130W), and tryed to install those to the WS.System tells me, that the CPU installed needs too much power, and the System got halted. Is it a Problem with the Heatsink, because of the fact, it is to small (for TDP <95W), or is itrealy the mainboard, that just can't take the X5680 Xeons?I googled a lot and found some Z600 running on those CPUs, so what's the deal? I already tryed to bridge Pin 1 and 5 of the Heatsink-Fan Connector to simulate a Performance Heatsink,just to test if it would boot, but that did'nt work.

A:Z600 with dual X5680 CPU

First, I don't see your new processor type listed in the latest QuickSpec for the Z600 I looked up this morning..... version 51, which lists your current X5650 but not the X5680.  There is a hot X5647 listed (at 130W max TDP) but the other higher performance processors are all 95W.  So, there must have been a 130W cooling option for the Z600, and I'd presume it is the same as used for the Z800 (see below).  Also, the Z600 must be able to provide 130W to each of its two processor sockets. I checked with the Z800 QuickSpecs (v56) and don't see the X5680 listed there either.  The latest QuickSpecs, however, often do not list all processors that were listed previously.  The now-unlisted ones will still work, and you can go back through the HP QuickSpec archives for your Z600 to see if the X5680 was ever officially listed.  If it was then it surely should work.  A HP engineer I trust fully has let me know that there are some cases in which a processor that was never officially listed will work.  Let's just say that will be a rare exception.  Maybe you have found one of those processors? The X5680 processor has only one sSpec code, SLBV5, and can be bought new now from Intel for $1663.00 each.  On eBay you can buy that processor today for about $200.00 each, USD, used. It is encouraging that you can get to the point of boot that the motherboard rejects your heatsink/fan combination, because my experience with truly non-listed processors is that they won't even get to that level.  Flat zero progression into boot. So, I'd buy one of the "Performance" heatsink/fans from eBay, and the Alan guys there have almost 450 in stock at a fair price, new.  That is a US source, and  I have bought from them in the past many times, with never a problem.  Buy one for about $50 and test with that and a single X5680 in place.  The wiring trick..... that jumper wire should work if HP is using the same motherboard sensing method for detecting presence of a performance heatsink/fan as was used in the xw8600, but who knows?  This performance boost is worth spending $50.00 more on at this stage of the game to get an official Performance heatsink/fan to experiment with.  For example, perhaps HP added to the motherboard the ability to detect the larger 92x92x15mm heatsink fan rather than the regular heatsink's 80x80x15mm fan. Take a look at this link, for more details on the Performance heatsink/fan that I believe you need.  Those have been available on eBay for a fair price, new and you can find that via searching for part numbers 463991-001 and 535588-001: Z800 Performance heatsink larger fan  Here's a picture of the performance heatsink/larger fan for the Z800, and likely exactly what you need for your Z600 project.  All my references indicate these are identical, but the Z400 performance fan is different.  Note how this heatsink/fan is shifted leftward on its mounting plate, when viewed from front (the fan side).  The Z400 performance heatsink/fan is not shifted leftwards because it is a single socket motherboard and has a fair amount of room around it on both right and left sides.  Thus, the performance Z400 heatsink/fan will not fit on the primary socket of a Z600 but this one below will.  The performance Z400 heatsink/fan will however fit on the secondary socket of a Z600 with a little bending down of its rear air deflector plate at its bottom.  You can see pictures of that Z400 performance heatsink/fan elsewhere in the forum.   I'd make sure you have the latest BIOS installed, and also confirm in BIOS that you have the latest revision of the motherboard by checking the boot block date.  It sounds like you'll have already done all that.  If one of those X5680 processors works then the other will ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-with-dual-X5680-CPU/td-p/5082965
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,I would like to know if I can install a Geforce GTX 1080 in a z600 workstation?My power supply is 650W so that seems to be enough. I have 2 * 6 pin connector so I guess I can add an adapter to 8 pin. Would this work? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-amp-Geforce-GTX-1080/td-p/5846991
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello guys,I bought a used hp z600 six month ago and it works perfectly so far. However, i realized that the blue led of the power button doesnt work and has never been on in my machine. I wonder if there are software or hardware solutions to make it work again ? Bios options or cable fiddling ? Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-No-blue-power-led/td-p/5590330
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello there nbsp i'm happy user of HP Z with quadro inside right now i'm changing the way i work with d - by doing more and more graphic card Z600 HP upgrade real time d rendering using Graphic card power via the octane render software solution HP Z600 graphic card upgrade i plan to upgrade my GC i got solutions and questions about each one nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a new quadro using SLIQUESTION does SLI works with quadro in a HP Z nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a new quadro QUESTION does the HP Z support differents cards nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp does the quadro can be sloted inside a HP Z i think the quadro has a larger size nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a Geforce GTX TITANQUESTION does the HP Z support differents cards nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp does the Geforce GTX TITAN nbsp can be sloted inside a HP Z i think the Geforce GTX TITAN nbsp has a larger size nbsp thanks

A:HP Z600 graphic card upgrade

The Z600 QuickSpecs indicates you can only have a single high end graphics card in the Z600. That is either one Quadro 4000 (142W) card or one Quadro 5000 (152W) card or one FirePro V7900 (<150W) card can be installed in the Z600. However, you can have two Quadro 2000 (62W) cards or two FirePro V5800 (74W) cards or two FirePro V5900 (<75W) cards in the system as this is supported (not that this will help with your graphics processing needs). The Z600 Maintenance and Services Guide also states you can have one 150W graphics card in either PCIe slot 2 or 4 (leaving the adjacent slot empty) OR you can have 2 75W graphics cards in PCIe slot 2 and 4. So SLI or crossfire is not a supported configuration with high end 3D cards due, in part to the 650W 80% efficient HP proprietary PSU used in the Z600 (which can't supply the needed power) and in part to the lack of system cooling validation for these more powerful 'heaters'. And as the HP PSU is a proprietary design, it is not a simple swap to an of the shelf standard ATX supply. Some cabling modifications would be needed and it still may not mechanically fit or work (as others have experienced no boot issues when attempting to use a modified standard ATX swap in their HP workstation -  some have even damaged their system board so be warned). As for mixing cards in SLI configuration, IIRC, Nvidia allows mixing cards from the same family. So, presumably a Q4000 & Q5000 would work as would a GeForce 760 with a Titan, should the PSU have supported the load (which it doesn't). Mixing Q4000 with GeForce Titan in SLI configuration will fail as they would be considered a different family. And you can't use a Quadro driver with a GeForce card or a  GeForce driver with Quadro card which creates a driver issue if you try such SLI mixes. So you may need to buy a more capable system (or do some development work to find a more powerful HP PSU you can fit into the Z600 or instead modify a standard ATX PSU to fit and resolve any issues this creates while also modifying the Z600 chassis cooling system to better cope with the extra heat). Good luck. [edited to add underlined text]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-graphic-card-upgrade/td-p/5054360
Relevancy 45.58%

I wish to find a suitable cooler for my HP Z600.The original part it is no longer available.In fact I wish to change both of them, the original one it is already 5 years old.So if you have some experience , maybe you can help me.Bolt connection it is a square 80 mm.The spring bolt a 3mm?The original cooler has a height of 95mmThe space to insert the cooler, betwen socket 0 and 1, it is also different.From my point of view even U3 cooler it is too big.

A:Cooler Xeon 5500-HP Z600

Try eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xz600+heat+sink.TRS... /Roger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Cooler-Xeon-5500-HP-Z600/td-p/5145718
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I have a problem during installation,
after windows copies setup files and right before the beginning of the installation wizard, a color test striped pattern (Red, Green, Blue, Gray) keeps blinking and the installation STOPS.

Any suggestions ?!

A:Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 installation problem on HP Z600

Where did you get the Ultimate install dvd from, sounds bad.

Just reboot, see if the install will finish.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/368485-win-7-ultimate-x64-sp1-installation-problem-hp-z600.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ladies, gents, I recently got a refurbished Z600 workstation and immediately noticed that the chipset fan is always running at approx. 2,500 rpm, even right after a cold boot and when idling. I can't image that this is normal - all the temperatures are fine, so I see no reason for the fan to spin this high. I know that it is a small fan which needs the high rpm to create sufficient air flow, but 2,500 rpm seems excessive. Has anybody experienced this before? Is this in fact the normal idle speed for the chipset fan (as the seller's customer service wants to make me believe)?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z600-Chipset-Fan-Always-Running-on-High-RPM/td-p/5592042
Relevancy 45.58%

hi guysi'm an engineering student and a graphic designer so i need a workstation to get my work done . actually i'm a huge fan of Apple Mac but buying Mac Pro will cost me more so i've decided to go with HP solution i gan get used HP Z600 or Z800 and customize them i've a question does any one of them support PCEi SSD or i've to go with Z620 ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/does-HP-Z600-or-Z800-Support-PCIe-SSD/td-p/5815710
Relevancy 45.15%

I am the recent owner of a new to me nbsp Z with the C revision motherboard nbsp Specs are pretty basic with one E GB x gb unbuffered ram a gb SATA HD a DVDRW and a single NVIDIA Quadro nbsp The machine posted the first two times without incident and I booted a live CentOS CD and everything was working fine so I installed it and everything went perfectly nbsp In fact I can't recall such an easy linux install ever nbsp Then I rebooted again and Z600 cmos cannot reset compute. after enabling entered the BIOS to enable hyperthreading nbsp While in the BIOS Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. the genius in me could not help but play around nbsp At some point I enabled compute for both of the x slots nbsp I know I know big mistake nbsp When I rebooted again I was introduced to the six beeps of death nbsp To me enabled meant allowed not mandatory nbsp I reseated the card cleared or attempted to clear the Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. CMOS and the offending setting about a nbsp hundred times following the official procedure then Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. any other I could find to no avail nbsp I found a thread with the exact same issue which mentioned having to wait for the stored energy in the system to bleed off and pressing the power button several times before pressing the CMOS reset button nbsp It worked for others but not me nbsp I have tried everything moving the card changing the card to one that supports CUDA but I enabled both slots I have powered down the machine unplugged the power cord removed the power supply waited hours pressed the CMOS reset button for seconds three times and I still have the six beeps nbsp Unless my machine contains some secret alien technology I am lost nbsp How do you clear the CMOS nbsp I have tried every procedure theory guess chant and encantation I know nbsp I started building computers when Jimmy Carter was Preident and I have seen it all almost nbsp The only other option I can see is a PCI VGA card so I can get back into the BIOS nbsp Any ideas or advise would be appreciated nbsp nbsp It's a great machine and I want it back

A:Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute.

I don't know the exact positon of the CMOS RESET switch, but you can remove the battery to set BIOS defaults.Don't forget to unplug the power cord, no need to remove the power supply or graphics card.Put back the battery after a few minutes and power on the machine.Video should be back now and all BIOS settings (including time and date) are lost.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-cannot-reset-cmos-after-enabling-compute/td-p/5065741
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings nbsp st time come date Qestion about block (urgent) Z600 boot here but i need a quick answer to a question related to CPU amp Memory supporting - nbsp I try to obtain a used Z workststion for editing projects originally Qestion about Z600 boot block date (urgent) nbsp fitted with DDR GB x nbsp E x Nvidia NVS x G HD x being offered by a seller nbsp Seller managed to sent me a photo capture part of the bios it writes boot block date c revision board nbsp My question is - nbsp is it possible to run dual X Westmere core CPus using stock heatsinks kit No WG AA nbsp is it possible to run max GB x GB DDR - ECC Registered Ram nbsp Note that both Cpus and Ram will most likely obtain from after-market sellers other than designated HP distributers nbsp See attached jpeg for snap shot of system bios boot block date nbsp nbsp Kindly i need a quick reply or the Z offer will slip away fast nbsp Regards nbsp PM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Qestion-about-Z600-boot-block-date-urgent/td-p/5682114
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,I recently acquired a z600 with a quad core Intel Xeon E550 and I would like to know if it is possible/desirable to put my old z400 two quad core Intel Xeon W3550.I checked and both use socket b type soo I'd assume I should have a problem but as hardware is outside of my knowledge base I wanted to ask =)Thank you in advance

A:Changing my z600 processor to my z400 processors - CPU upgra...

Hi, The z600 series of workstations support Intel Xeon Processor X5570 QC 2.93 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5560 QC 2.80 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5550 QC 2.66 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5540 QC 2.53 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5530 QC 2.40 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5520 QC 2.26 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5506 QC 2.13 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzIntel Xeon Processor E5504 QC 2.00 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzLooks like they support CPU's with 80W to 95W. The Intel Xeon W3550 has TDP 130W .     http://ark.intel.com/products/39720/Intel-Xeon-Processor-W3550-8M-Cache-3_06-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI I don't think this is going to work. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Changing-my-z600-processor-to-my-z400-processors-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5854559
Relevancy 43.86%

Edit - CPU model revised for a porper CPU X nbsp it's st time come here but i need a quick answer to a question related date block about CPU for Qestion Z600 model) (Revised boot to CPU amp Memory supporting - nbsp I try to obtain a used Z workststion for editing projects originally nbsp fitted with DDR GB x nbsp E x Nvidia NVS x G HD x being offered by a seller nbsp Seller managed to sent me a photo capture part of the bios it writes boot block date c revision board nbsp My question is - nbsp is it possible to run dual X Westmere core Qestion about Z600 boot block date (Revised for CPU model) CPus using stock heatsinks kit No WG AA nbsp is it possible to run max GB x GB DDR - ECC Registered Ram nbsp Note that both Cpus and Ram will most likely obtain from after-market sellers other than designated HP distributers nbsp See attached jpeg for snap shot of system bios boot block date nbsp nbsp Kindly i need a quick reply or the Z offer will slip away fast nbsp Regards nbsp PM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Qestion-about-Z600-boot-block-date-Revised-for-CPU-model/td-p/5682114
Relevancy 43.86%

HP Z600 & Z800 Workstations support Nvidia Quadro M4000 8GB Grpahic Card?  Can the defual power supply hand the wattage from the new GPU's? Currently running Nvidia Quadro FX4800 graphic card.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-amp-Z800-Workstations-support-Nvidia-Quadro-M4000/td-p/5614092
Relevancy 43.86%

I am in need of a new system board for a Z600 but want to know which version would work with the 56xx series of Xeon dual processors? There's 460840-001, 460840-002 and 460840-003. The one that came with the machine was 460840-003 / REV AE, but it died so I got a replacement 460840-001 / REV 0D, however, I can't get the computer to post. So I'm looking for which board and Revision I need to make it work? Thanks. Would this one work?http://bit.ly/1omeMkF

A:HP Z600 System board / Motherboard that supports x5670 proce...

The Z600 460840-003 supports both the 55xx and 56xx Xeon processors.  As you discovered, the 460840-001 only supports the 55xx Xeons.  I am not sure about the 460840-002, but there are other threads in this forum where some have tried the varioius -00x Z600 versions. 

I am an HP Employee.My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-System-board-Motherboard-that-supports-x5670/td-p/5565253
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Z600 that came with an REV #003 motherboard and two X5670 CPU's. The board went bad and I replaced it with a REV #001, not realizing that it won't run X56xx chips. So I then purchased two X5570 CPU's and put them in. When I boot, I get a series of 8 beeps, and an error message that the BIOS is corrupt. So I created a BIOS recovery disc and flashed the machine as per the instructions. I then unplug the power cord (as opposed to powering down first), wait 5 seconds and plug it back in a power up. I then get the 8 beeps and the error message just like nothing has been done to fix it. Is it possible that trying to run X56xx chips on that board fried something? Is there a way to reset it? What should I try next? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-Bios-Image-Corrupt-ROM-flash-doesn-t-work/td-p/5599283
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all,

In days of yore it was recommended to create a boot disk...just in case. I don't know whether this is still in practice with Windows XP. From what I can see online...it is. I am trying to help out a small law office who is planning to upgrade to xp. I'd planned to write instructions for them for creating their start-up disks. One question I was asked (and couldn't answer) was whether each workstation needed it's own, or if they could just create one boot disk on one workstation and keep it in the safe for all to use.

Does anyone know? Thanks!

Goldilocks

A:Should An Xp Boot Disk Be Created? And Can Workstation A's Boot Workstation B?

if its the same win xp pro cd (same serial) then it should work with all of them. but it also wouldnt hurt to make discs for all of them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67030/should-an-xp-boot-disk-be-created-and-can-workstation-as-boot-workstation-b/
Relevancy 36.12%

There are some of devices that were mission from device manager At first there was a problem with wireless adapter I couldn't enable it I tried to reinstall drivers serveral times but it didn't fix the problem So i reformat my system times the problem is still existing It's getting worst now i can't find wireless network adapter, adapter, device items Wirelress in lan reader card manager: Hidden adapter lan network adapter and card reader in device manager It is weird that sometime the Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader wireless adapter appears in device manger those devices come back too I am quite sure that my wireless adapter hardware is ok because i did replace new wireless adapter but the problem still exist I ran some antivirus tools antimalware tools non of them return infected The weirdest issue is that my wireless adapter comes with bluetooth adapter but only bluetooth adapter can be used it works perfectly fine Could you please take a look at this problem im Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader at the deadend this is Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader the weirdest problem i ever had with my laptop and pc Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kritparin at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Bitdefender Antivirus Enabled Updated B F -CAF -DD -C -E B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Bitdefender Antispyware Enabled Updated EB F -ECC -D -FED -DC A D FW Bitdefender Firewall Enabled A D - -DCCF-EF F- E DBCD CF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system notepad exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO IDM integration IDMIEHlprObj Class C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll BHO Bitdefender Wallet DAC C - D - AB - A-B D CD A - C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender Antispam pmbxie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files Microsoft Office root office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Microsoft Web Test Recorder Helper DDA - - ed - D - D EC D D - C Program Files x Microsoft Visual Studio Common IDE PrivateAssemblies Microsoft VisualStudio QualityTools RecorderBarBHO dll EB Web Test Recorder D - - - CDB- B D D - uRun Bitdefender Wallet Agent C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pmbxag exe uRun Bitdefender Wallet C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pwdmanui exe --hidden --nowizard uRun Bitdefender Wallet Application Agent C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender antispam bdapppassmgr exe uRun DAEMON Tools Lite C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe -autorun uRun IDMan C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe onboot uRun AdobeBridge lt no file gt mRun THX Audio Control Panel C Program Files x Creative THX TruStudio Pro THXAudioCP THXAudio exe r mRun UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched C ... Read more

A:Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518236 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518236/hidden-items-in-device-manager-wirelress-adapter-lan-adapter-card-reader/
Relevancy 36.12%

how do i get these to work together one computer has the qwest modem the other the usb and i want to have a wireless connection for internet but they dont connect and see eache other

A:Solved: Bluetooth 2.0 usb adapter class 1 and qwest wireless modem w1000 adapter

Does the bluetooth adapter recognise the modem but can't connect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bluetooth-2-0-usb-adapter-class-1-and-qwest-wireless-modem-w1000-adapter.774464/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey I have two problems so i will explain the scenario then number out the issue I had a new hard drive installed when i booted the laptop it worked well The wifi in my area is very low so I was told I can use a wireless adpter to quot boost quot the signal strength received I was given a Encore ENUWI-N Wireless Adapter to use I installed the utility program from the official website and the computer still did not recognise the device so I deleted the program I then lost connection to the internet and at the time i thought the wifi can dropped i later realised that was not the case since my phone s wifi was still connected I then reinstalled the software the executible Wireless ENUWI-N3 internal plus adapter Encore Adapter broadcom issues file was saved on the harddrive and it give me the same message that there are no drivers for the adapter I shifted Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues my attention to my failed internet connection after troubleshooting it give me a error message stating that there were no drivers installed for the Broadcom wireless adapter that is internally installed I tried a system restore to before i tried installing the Encore adapter and still nothing the system continued to give me the same message and it registered in the quot device manager quot as unknown device named quot ethernet controller quot with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark I have been able to borrow a Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues laptop and download the LAN adapter fron the ACER support website and although it had no quot set up exe quot file visible i was able to get Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues the adapter to read the zip file and then the system recognised the adapter HOWEVER still NO internet connection I can see the available networks but it just would not connect to any WHY I have you posted a website to get the driver for the external adapter in an older thread about a year ago so i shall try and see if it works My laptop still does not connect to the internet although i have installed the LAN and wireless adapter drivers from the website the adapter specs Broadcom Hardware Id pci ven e amp dev amp subsys d amp rev Computer model Acer Aspire z- windows ultimate PS before this whole mishap I remember that in the device manager under the network adapter there was quot WAN miniport PPOE quot something something my brain failed to pay attention to anything after this point The quot WAN miniport quot is no longer there Please Help Thanks in advance In Any ForumExcluding Discussions Advanced SearchTag SearchSearch For My Posts Quick LinksToday s PostsUnanswered ThreadsSubscribed ThreadsForum User GuideCommunityOpen Contacts PopupContacts amp FriendsSocial GroupsPictures amp Albums Profile for psych funaticMembers ListMiscellaneousControl PanelRulesArcadeCalendarMark Forums Read nbsp

A:Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues

What is the purpose of all those links at the end of your post?

What is listed in Device Manager under Network Adapters?

What, if any, warnings or errors (yellow or red) flags are anywhere in Device Manager?

While trying to connect by both ethernet and Wi-Fi ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/encore-enuwi-n3-wireless-adapter-plus-internal-broadcom-adapter-issues.1079173/
Relevancy 36.12%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I am desperate. really really desperate, I don't know what to do anymore

I spent a lot of money on a new gaming pc and it has been a complete nightmare from the start. I have wireless network at home so I had to het a usb wifi adapter, the Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter.

Its setup cannot complete because it is stuck eternally at "detecting adapter"

I sought online but it's only people reporting the problem and NOBODY giving a solution. pleas pleeeaaaase somebody help.

A:Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter stuck detecting adapter

Power down PC...while it off remove USB wifi adapter....power on PC. When PC has finished booting up, search in the uninstall programs list for any software related Netgear and uninstall it. Reboot and start the process again.

According to the system requirements for that device, it does not support windows 10, which may be you issue.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/fil...DS_03Jul13.pdf

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/128908-netgear-n300-wifi-usb-mini-adapter-stuck-detecting-adapter.html
Relevancy 36.12%

After upgrading to Windows things were working fine until about updates came through and now these TAP-Windows Adapter V and TAP-Win32 Unwanted and Adapter installing Adapter TAP-Windows OAS drivers V9 TAP-Win Adapter OAS drivers are installing over and over Unwanted TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS drivers installing again I uninstall the drivers and they come back I disable them and they re-enable themselves I have looked up answers to this issue and I do not use a VPN so none of that applies to me The unfortunate part is that I get constant interruptions with my internet and don't even want to touch my laptop hardly anymore because of this but I Unwanted TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS drivers installing need to because I am trying to start a business and get back into school The only way I can get the internet to work again is to disable the drivers and troubleshoot my wireless adapter It renews the wireless adapter the internet works for anywhere between one minute to an hour before I have to troubleshoot again HELP How to I block those drivers There needs to be a Microsoft Removal Tool and a major update I tried to add a screenshot but it took so long to verify me that I had already deleted it after days

A:Unwanted TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and TAP-Win32 Adapter OAS drivers installing

Ok it's more than a week now and I'm not seeing any Tap-adapter, hopefully it will work for you guys too: untick all in IPv4 and IPv6, if another Tap appear, uninstall them both from device manager.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e0653755-531d-45a6-8221-46e552328d8d/unwanted-tapwindows-adapter-v9-and-tapwin32-adapter-oas-drivers-installing?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 36.12%

I have an Inspiron home running XP and a Latitude D XP that I used to be able to use interchangably with a Comcast modem and a Netgear WGR router A couple of weeks ago my internet connections slowed and now have ended After several phone calls to Comcast the last tech told me the problem was quot the network address showing in the device manager is different than the network address that shows in the TCIP IP settings quot I am getting an error message of quot network cable unplugged quot on the Inspiron and the red X on the second of the two adapters st is nd is Broadcam x I can get internet from the Latitude when directly connected to the cable modem but not when routed through the router for wireless We have tried multiple reconfig of the IP shutting everything down computers router modem all with no success Any help anyone can provide would be great--I still need to order Christmas presents nbsp

A:Network adapter in device manager is different than adapter in TCIP/IP settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-in-device-manager-is-different-than-adapter-in-tcip-ip-settings.886135/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello

I have my AWUS036H for a few months now and it worked perfect until now.
My landlord has a router in his appartment and I need to connect to that router to get access to the internet.
I bought this adapter for a better signal but this week I got a very weird problem.
My adapter can find all the networks surrounding it except my landlord his network. But my inbuilt adapter can find my landlord's network and all the others. To clarify, here an example:

AUS036H finds:
Neighbour1 (strong signal)
Neighbour2 (strong signal)

Inbuilt adapter finds:
Neighbour1 (weak signal)
Neighbour2 (weak signal)
Landlord's network (weak signal)

What is going on? It drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance

A:AWUS036H adapter can't find specific network but inbuilt adapter can

Quote: Originally Posted by Herp

Hello

I have my AWUS036H for a few months now and it worked perfect until now.
My landlord has a router in his appartment and I need to connect to that router to get access to the internet.
I bought this adapter for a better signal but this week I got a very weird problem.
My adapter can find all the networks surrounding it except my landlord his network. But my inbuilt adapter can find my landlord's network and all the others. To clarify, here an example:

AUS036H finds:
Neighbour1 (strong signal)
Neighbour2 (strong signal)

Inbuilt adapter finds:
Neighbour1 (weak signal)
Neighbour2 (weak signal)
Landlord's network (weak signal)

What is going on? It drives me nuts!

Thanks in advance

Here is the problem, the AWUS036H can only see b or g signals, it's not 802.11n capable so it can't see N only signals. The Landlord has a router which is set to broadcast the faster setting which is 802.11n only, not mixed with b or g because that would limit the connection speed to 54Mbps.

This means that you can't see his N only signal because the AWUS036H isn't N capable. No doubt the inbuilt adaptor is N capable.

You really need to get one that can pick up b, g and more importantly n which is much faster and usually has more range.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/313981-awus036h-adapter-cant-find-specific-network-but-inbuilt-adapter-can.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I registered to forums to get help to solve wireless adapter issue I am having I have been looking for help to IP could Wifi adapter network stack protocol bind not adapter in Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter Lenovo forums and AV provider problem is still on Background I changed AV software from Symantec to F-Secure I uninstalled Symantec software and installed F-Secure software Laptop is Lenovo T What happened First I recognized that ping commands caused Windows to crash Then I uninstalled some VPN softwares and ping started to work Operation did something to wireless and LAN connections they did not work anymore LAN started to work by removing LAN drivers from device manager and reboot After reboot Windows reinstalled LAN drivers and LAN was ok Wireless is a pain in there I have tried almost everything All Lenovo provided network softwares and power management tools are uninstalled and reinstalled together with wireless drivers Wireless driver is not recognized by Windows None of automatic repairs or wifi uninstallation operations have corrected problem I collected some logs which might help but now I do not know how to proceed Windows reinstallation is something which I do not want to do ------ Device Manager Device Manager has quot Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter There are no devices with exclamation marks ------ Lenovo software diagnose repair log Issues found Detection details There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Detected Detected Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Set up the wireless network adapter Completed Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv and Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv can be used on the network adapter InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name BF E - CA- E E- EDA- D CDCCE Repair Admin etl The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Completed Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues Detection details Expand InformationalDiagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Manufacturer Intel Corporation Provider Intel Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date July Section Name Install MPCIEX Lenovo HMC BGN WIN Hardware ID pci ven amp dev amp subsys Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type ------- It seems there is collision between Windows registry and device manager What can I do to repair wireless Thank for your help

A:Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter

Hi Ron, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this to start

Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services.

Scroll down this list to find 'WLAN Auto Config'

Double click on 'WLAN Auto Config' On the general tab, select from the start up type drop down menu, select 'Automatic'. Under Service Status click on 'Start'. Then 'Apply' these settings and exit from all open control panel windows.

This should then allow Windows to set the required bindings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314713-wifi-adapter-could-not-bind-ip-protocol-stack-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey, I wanted to put some new games on my Laptop, and I got the Direct X 9.0c Compatible Graphics Adapter message. So I went online, and was instructed to go onto Device Manager and I found I had Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, so then I got some kind of update checker and it looked through my hardware and found that my Graphic Adapter needed updating... :blush:

I have already put some of the games I want on my laptop before now, and un-installed them when I ran out of space, and now I have more space I want to put them back on.

I tried a link for the Update, but it told me to use Windows Update, but it doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know a free way of updating Standard VGA Graphics Adapter?

That would be helpful x :grinthumb

A:Dispay Adapter - Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Update?

Like this one ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dispay-adapter-standard-vga-graphics-adapter-update.141829/
Relevancy 35.69%

problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

I am frequently being disconnected from the internet.

Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter) has a exclamation mark (!) in a yellow triangle in device manager.

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

When i check for solutions, it says cannot load driver software.

A:problem w/ Microsoft 6to4 adapter (network adapter)

See this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520

If there are no problems connected with this code31, ignore it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-microsoft-6to4-adapter-network-adapter.784178/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi thanks for looking in and trying to help I have a laptop with Windows on it and as usual today the laptop s screen frame also accomodates the internal Wireless Internet antenna I am able to use the existing networks when they are close enough to me But I wanted to have a better reception so I bought one of those USB-based Wireless Internet Adapters WIA which have mounted a little dBi antenna dBi Decibel on its side I bought recently a much larger dBi antenna which I can use to replace the smaller antenna adapter. 7: Adapter: Why? Wireless Internet Laptop: Can't Windows use the on that WIA Windows also recognized the USB device correctly please see the screenshot link http www NADB net v Prom WLAN jpg but the connection tool at the lower right side of Windows system tray area displays only those networks which the internal screen frame antenna Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why? captures I tried already to disable the internal antenna but then I don t get any network Why can t the Network Connection icon not show networks the USB Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why? WIA might capture What is it I am doing wrong Please don t mind to ask me for additional details here I will provide them as additional details nbsp

A:Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-internet-adapter-windows-7-cant-use-the-adapter-why.1092278/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, this problem has really confuzzled me. I have just bought a new wireless USB adapter, ran it through the setup entered the password etc. Fine. Nicely connects to the router everytime (well ok most the time). But it cant seem to find the internet, which i know is there because my house mate has no problems with it. I've read quite a few complaints about this adapter. Is it worth just returning it and trying a different one? Or does anyone have any ideas?

It finds the submask, ip address, sets a channel automatically. One thing i noticed though is it doesnt create a gateway. (i asume cos i cant find the net). I did have internet before but they were wired. I've since then disabled the normal ethernet adapter and disabled the old connections. So i dont think theres anything conflicting.

Please help?!!
Thank you in advance i really appreciate it.

A:Belkin Wireless adapter - can connect to the adapter, but not the internet!!!

I'm going to guess that the IP address that it finds is 169.254.x.x and the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0, right? It's really NOT connecting to the router, which is why you don't have a Default Gateway or DNS servers.

You don't have to disable the wired interface to connect wirelessly, there's no conflict.

I'd suggest you first disable the encryption and see if it connects. If it does, then you need to make sure you enter matching passwords for the encryption on each end. Note that for WEP you should ONLY use the HEX password, do not use the passcode option.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-wireless-adapter-can-connect-to-the-adapter-but-not-the-internet.619846/
Relevancy 35.69%

HI All...

i have a laptop

working withe win7 pro

and the Ethernet adapter and a wireless adapter disabled together in the same time until i restart the laptop

i format the laptop
and download the driver and install it in the laptop

and it disabled again

help please

A:[SOLVED] ethernet adapter and a wireless adapter disabled

What brand and model is the laptop?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-ethernet-adapter-and-a-wireless-adapter-disabled-890746.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey everyone Please media disconected help, adapter both ethernet on tunnel adapter and First of all I need to say thanks for this web-page it has helped me out in the past but this time I cant Please help, media disconected on both ethernet adapter and tunnel adapter seem to find a solution to the problem that I am having I cant connect to the internet on my laptop but on my other one I can with no problems However my Please help, media disconected on both ethernet adapter and tunnel adapter computer says it has local and internet connection I am semi framiliar with the way things are done on this forum so here is hopefully enough information Modem Motorola Surfboard sbv All lights are on including online Router Netgear wireless g router wgr v Blue internet light lit Also the computer I am currently using is connected to internet via that router Laptop with issues Toshiba Satellite a Running windows vista home premium service pack I have run ipconfig and here is the copy of that Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - F- B- - -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e ad ce f a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday July PM Lease Expires Tuesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - A-C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C- AC- -ADC - DE DF br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AA E A- - B - E E-CB F C br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Im still only slightly better than a noob at computers when it comes to this sort of thing I would really appreciate any help with this And thanks again for a great website -Jason nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-media-disconected-on-both-ethernet-adapter-and-tunnel-adapter.1009107/
Relevancy 34.83%

i have a EDIMAX 150Mbps b/g/n usb adapter. and only connects at 48mbps. it should at least do 54mbps with a G router? somebody help

A:usb adapter only connects at 48Mbps when it says 150mbps usb adapter?

You don't even download at 48 Mbps so you don't need to worry about anything...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131922-usb-adapter-only-connects-48mbps-when-says-150mbps-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello,
I am having some problems with my laptop, probably the gpu.I have the amd radeon hd8670m 2gb card with the apu a10 2,5ghz and the laptop can not even run old games at high settings such as cod4.I checked the amd ccc from hardware and I saw that the primary adapter is weaker than the linked adapter. Can you guys please tell me how to fix this?I'd really appreciate it.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/68102-how-do-i-change-primary-adapter-linked-adapter-amd.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I m not totally computer-literate when it comes to hardware and such but I am fairly literate with most computer terms So in advance I apologize for any confusion a misused hardware name may cause Also before I begin let me just say that the issues hereafter discussed apply to a computer separate from this one compatability Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter This computer works fine but the one I will be talking about my computer is the one without an internet connection at the moment So recently my network adapter decided to stop working I won t go into the details but it s completely fried and I d much rather spend the money to get a new one instead of go through the hassel of trying to fix my old one And Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter compatability thus we come to question number one Do most if not all network adapter cards work with most PCs I have a Dell Dimension with Windows XP Home edition with highspeed cable internet so would pretty much any network adapter do the job My stepdad who is fairly computer-literate though often too cocky about it says that pretty much all network adapters will work with any computer unless the computer and network adapter are old or new respectively Also what are the most reliable brands of network adapters What kind of details about the product should I look for when purchasing Now on to the second part of my post wireless internet adapter For a while my computer has been a few feet from the router because we had have no way for a cord to reach anywhere else particularly my room Now because of spacing issues in this room I am being forced to relocate my computer My choices are these a Buy a wireless network adapter so I can move my computer to my room or b Have an internet-less computer for an indeterminate amount of time Obviously I prefer the former So my next question is basically the same as the first one but about wireless internet adapters rather than network adapters Do wireless adapters work universaly for computers Again I have a Dell Dimension with highspeed cable internet so I m pretty sure the speed of the wireless adapter is important And again what are the best most reliable brands of wireless adapters What product details should I be looking for I hope I ve provided all of the necessary information I m most likely going to be ordering the aforementioned hardware bits off of NewEgg com or some other similar computer hardware site I don t know if that helps in answering the question s at all but I figured any additional information may help Thanks to all of those who have taken the time to read my questions and I appreciate any response greatly nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi I have a Huawei HG router which is sending a signal to a new Cisco linksys AE adapter New signal usb 802.11n than adapter 802.11g but adapter, 54Mbps weaker old in another room which is connected New 802.11n usb adapter, but signal weaker than old 802.11g 54Mbps adapter to an Acer PC However the signal strength in bottom left corner is only on bars sometimes bars New 802.11n usb adapter, but signal weaker than old 802.11g 54Mbps adapter and the speed is Mbps I have New 802.11n usb adapter, but signal weaker than old 802.11g 54Mbps adapter just bought the AE adapter hoping it would provide a better signal than my very old Belkin adapter which is g - Mbps When I use the old belkin adapter the signal strength is at bars and is is nearly walways at Mbps Does anyone know why the signal strength and Mbps is so low on the Cisco AE Points to note I use WPA -personal AES encryption on Windows vista operating system The channel is on Auto I've changed the channels from to and still it doesn't change the Mbps much and is always below Mbps I've changed the signal for around from using g only to n only and b g n and still nothing improves Infact the g only is the best channel The only time the connection goes to a high level of Mbps is when I change the changing settings to 'n only' and whilst it is saving and the screen loads for a split second goes to Mbps and has bars signal strength but when everything is loaded saved it drops to either Mbps or Mbps and it moves to or bars signal strength Is the Cisco Linksys AE adapter a good one to use with the HG router or should I use another usb adapter instead Does anyone know how to get the signal higher than Mbps in n mode Many thanks for opinions and help on this Chris

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/301968-new-802-11n-usb-adapter-but-signal-weaker-than-old-802-11g-54mbps-adapter.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I bought the laptop with Win 8.1 installed. I was able to use Connectify software to tether internet connection from the ethernet to my phone through WiFi. After upgrading to Windows 10, trying to start a hotspot with the Connectify software throws the error "Your Wi-Fi adapter does not support AP mode. Please try updating the drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter". Trying to start a hotspot through command prompt using 'netsh wlan.....' throws the error "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" In the device manager, Driver Name :  Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 AdapterDriver Version : 7.35.344.0Driver Date :  1/26/2016 Seems updated. But, I am still not able to start a hotspot to tether the connection. Can anyone help me solve the problem?   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adapter-Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-Adapter/td-p/5689992
Relevancy 34.83%

I am currently encountering problems with my internet connection because of a problem to my computer's Network Adapter which; Realtek RT Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) additionally, I cannot watch movies with my computers Media Player because there is also a problem to the; Standard VGA Graphic Adapter.

I have tried updating in Systems but says the driver software for the device is up to date. I even tried disabling it but the problem still persist. Even scanning it incase of hardware change, but still a problem.

Is there any advice on how I can configure the problem.

A:Network Adapter and VGA Graphic Adapter problems

Originally Posted by ausred

I am currently encountering problems with my internet connection because of a problem to my computer's Network Adapter which; Realtek RT Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) additionally, I cannot watch movies with my computers Media Player because there is also a problem to the; Standard VGA Graphic Adapter.

I have tried updating in Systems but says the driver software for the device is up to date. I even tried disabling it but the problem still persist. Even scanning it incase of hardware change, but still a problem.

Is there any advice on how I can configure the problem.

Hello ausred, and welcome to Windows Vista Forums.

First, can you describe the "problems" you are having with your Ethernet card?

Can you post a screen shot of the Ethernet card entry in your "Device Manager"?

It would look like this:

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282637-network-adapter-vga-graphic-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I just bought a brand new Asus K52F and when the laptop goes into sleep mode the "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter & WiFi Miniport Adapter #2" fail. When i turn the computer back on i have trouble connecting to the internet, and the devices have error (code 43). I can still connect to the internet though. I have re-downloaded the drivers, rolled them back, updated them, everything but it hasn't worked. Any help would be sweet.

Also can anyone tell me what the white light up button next to the power button does??

A:WiFi Miniport Adapter/Adapter #2 Error

The virtual wifi mini port adaptor is used as a virtual wifi device so you can turn your machine into a wireless AP "access point" either with commands or the connectify software. The adaptor sometimes activates itself and causes problems, even when your not using it as an access point.

It should fix the problem if you go into device manager, go to "view" top of page, then choose "show hidden devices" which should allow you to see the mini port, disable the virtual mini port adaptor and that should fix the problem.

That little button next to the power button is a reset button, it's like restarting but a little different.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/129330-wifi-miniport-adapter-adapter-2-error.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I know there are several threads but they are with different cards and they didn't solve my issue...

I bought a new MEDION AKOYA P5334E and the system arrived installed normally with win7 home edition.

I've installed on the computer the win7 enterprise edition (x64) and many drivers could not be find. I've installed nost of them, except the display adapter.
It's stuck on "standard vga graphic adapter".
I have the AMD Radeon HD7570 card but no matter what I try is not working!!!
tried to uninstall the current driver, tried to download the driver from the AMD website (when executing it - it's running but does nothing).
when executed the auto detect from AMD website, I got the message "we were unable to find your product or OS"

Will be greatful for any help!!!
Thanks a lot!!!
Ori

A:display adapter is stuck on standard vga adapter

Welcome to the Sevem Forums, Oraz.

If you still have the DVD of Windows 7 home edition and if it is also 64-bit then you might find the graphics adapter driver there which might get installed. Otherwise try installing Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD7570 in Windows XP SP3 mode.

Another option is to try installing the Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD7570 that you have downloaded in the safe mode. In case the this driver gets loaded in the safe mode then it shall install too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/223641-display-adapter-stuck-standard-vga-adapter.html
Relevancy 34.83%

A friend of mine runs a preschool and has 3 old P3 computers that the kids use for simple games. He asked me to clean the hard drives and update the OS. Somehow, they have XP Pro installed - illegal copies that cannot be updated. He has disks for NT Workstation legal copies (two have never been opened). I want to take the illegal OS off and put the legal OS on. So far, I havent figured how to do that and going backwards doesnt seem to be covered when I did a Google search on how to do that. I tried format c: from XP and it does not want to do that, even from safemode and a prompt window. I tried booting from the CD drive and the install program for NT Workstation does not know how to do what I want either. Suggestions?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi Guys,
Anybody know where I can get the drivers / servicepack etc so that I can get USB to work on an NT 4 system?? Tried MS KBase but can't seem to hit the nail right on the head ( all around it tho, )

Cheers in advance

A:NT 4 Workstation

Offically Microsoft doesn't support USB ports on NT 4.

But you can use third party drivers, such as: http://www.bsquare.com/products/devtools/usbwin40/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-4-workstation.68294/
Relevancy 34.83%

my workstation has been redirected. And it is like remote is trying to takeover. I must have left something open.

A:workstation

Hi laps12 and Welcome !

Could you provide additional information. What are the redirects? What do you mean by "remote is taking over". Have you tried any scans?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500713/workstation/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello,

I'm not sure what you would call it but I'd like a log of sorts on a specific workstation ie: internet usage, my IT guy is unaccessable at the time and I'd like this information today. Would I get that info from our firewall, network, or from the local machine? Thank you for your help in advanced.

-afs16554-

A:Workstation Log???

This would be via network monitoring or auditing-reporting from the firewall. Not usually on the local workstation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workstation-log.687117/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi all,

i was just wondering what a workstation is. i'm kind of confused over the definition. i've seen dell advertising their Precision line of workstations with all the high end stuff (intel xeon, nvidia quadro, etc.) costing $$$, while i saw an ad at one of my local whitebox stores advertising what they call a workstation which is an intel celeron based system with el-cheapo parts selling for under $400 CDN. i aslo went to a local university library a couple weeks back and the terminals where the library catalogs are put are also call "workstations".

so what is a work station? i just want to know

A:what's a workstation?

In the modern day of marketing common words are stretched to mean anything, no point in getting exited over meanings..

A workstation may mean just about any computing device sitting on your desktop.

It may also mean a powerful personal computer (not only in PC sense) used for engineering and design.

The classical and most correct (IMHO) definition is a non-PC desktop machine, usually running UNIX. Workstations are made by Sun and SGI for example.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-workstation.6010/
Relevancy 34.83%

Howdy All things being equal or/vs. ?? Workstation PC the workstations that I ve worked on seem to be faster and more agile than PC s Is this my imagination or what My reason for asking is that I m looking at buying a workstation to fool around with and try and learn some stuff I m covered up with computers but who can have too many Right Besides I m old and need something to do---- What s the advantage in having on board CPUs let s say of Workstation or/vs. PC ?? mhz vs having mhz CPU Naturally we re talking about Slot s and I ve never fooled with a Slot Specifically I ve been offered this InterGraph TDZ- GL for It has one Pll mhz CPU and a slot for another one MB ram - GB HDD s CD-Rom Floppy Video keyboard and mouse It has the Tyan-Tiger mobo ver F which will support - mhz Plll s Should I get this thing and if so----what will I have and what can I do to make it better Also what is are Pentium Deschutes Basically my computer use is fixing them building small ones and giving them away I use a computer for surfing and keeping up Workstation or/vs. PC ?? with my investments I ain t making movies or designing spacecraft Any insight will be appreciated spaceman nbsp

A:Workstation or/vs. PC ??

Pentium Deschutes are pentium II chips that started at 300 mhz and ended at 450 mhz, basically obsolete now.

Slot 1 are actually easier to work with, all you have to do is fit them into the slot and put the cartridge retainers into the locked position. Slot 1 cpu's are obsolete and out of production now as well. Makers have gone back to the PPGA/FCPGA package.

Dual motherboards of equal size (say two 450's versus a 900) are a tad bit slower than the single chip version as far as I know.

Only reason I can think of that a workstation is faster is the limited software and applications that are run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workstation-or-vs-pc.82748/
Relevancy 34.83%

Does anyone know of a place where I can d/l a copy of NT workstation for free? Please let me know.

thank you.

A:NT workstation

I suggest you read the Forum rules This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-workstation.511053/
Relevancy 34.4%

Here's my problem, I have 4 kids and 1 computer. I sent my computer out to be worked on and was wondering if it was possible to turn it into a workstation so, I can get more then 1 person on it at a time. I've been doing some research and have read about betwin 2000/xp and winconnect server xp. I am looking to see if anyone has ever used these programs and if turning 1 tower into a workstation using windows could be done. If so, how?

A:Need help building a workstation

Setting up 5 users on your 1 computer, with you as an administrator and your 4 kids as limited users doesn't work for you? Do you want to control 4 computers from your existing system. It is technically already a "workstation"...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-building-a-workstation.125889/
Relevancy 34.4%

I've just crashed a Dell Precision 220 using the resource CD and now part way through the process its asking for the windows NT workstation CD which I don't have (inherited office resources!!). Is there anything I can do or am I stuck? Txs!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-nt-workstation.334341/
Relevancy 34.4%

Howdy all u NT gurus out there I have a question on NT workstations I am a Windows guy and I have limited exp on NT and i am curious on how to lock down a workstation properly i know in win k i can lock down a professional workstation and make it have a madatory desktop restrict access to different drives and all this other stuff is any of this availible in NT can i make it so that ppl cannot save things on to the HD and make shortcuts and load in prgrams like ICQ and other things that can compromise security without givin ppl user ID s and passwords on just comps i was planning on makin ID to log into each workstation and just leave it at that and make it into a kiosk type station is that possible w NT so all they can do is surf the web and access certain programs on the server sorry if this is NT an locking workstation down a really low level stupid q but i dun have a copy locking down an NT workstation of NT to test out at home and stuff nbsp

A:locking down an NT workstation

bigsnowg thant what nt 4.0 and 5.0 were made to do but it is some work to set up 5.0 (win2k) have a lot of the same security features in them its all about the same if you set up the 2k pc then you can set up the 4.0 workstation

good luck if you need help just let me know have a lot of experence with 4.0

rodman

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-down-an-nt-workstation.45263/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi All,

I have a dedicated workstation running vmware workstation with multiple desktops running on it. Is there a way that i can REMOTELY monitor/control these desktops from my main pc that i use through a console or agent???

Basically i want to see what workstations are running/off from my main pc without having to rdp into the workstation running vmware workstation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vmware-workstation.938010/
Relevancy 34.4%

Has anyone tried using this for booting multiple operating systems? Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks

G

A:VMware Workstation 4

Haven't used that one Cookie but have tried OSL 2000 and it worked fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vmware-workstation-4.165328/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I just joined this Forum and hope to be able to resolve this problem Please read the memory dump I have posted Again thank you Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users bsinclair TUCSON Downloads MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space on Pro BSOD Workstation Win a 7 is available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff c a PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e d Debug session time Wed Jan BSOD on a Win 7 Pro Workstation UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type hh dbgerr for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v BSOD on a Win 7 Pro Workstation to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff c e fffff ee ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PxHlpa sys Probably caused by PxHlpa sys PxHlpa Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff c e Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg fffff ee Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ OVERLAPPED MODULE Address regions for 'WUDFRd' and 'cdrom sys' overlap EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP nt IofCallDriver fffff c e c b mov r qword ptr rcx CONTEXT fffff ee -- cxr xfffff ee r rax fffffa e rbx fffffa c bf rcx rdx fffffa rsi fffffa c bf rdi fffffa rip fffff c e rsp fffff f rbp fffff fb r r e r r r r r r fffffa d iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl nt IofCallDriver x fffff c e c b mov r qword ptr rcx ds b Last set context rax fffffa e rbx fffffa c bf rcx rdx fffffa rsi fffffa c bf rdi fffffa rip fffff c e rsp fffff f rbp fffff fb r r e r r r r r r fffffa d iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl nt IofCallDriver x fffff c e c b mov r qword ptr rcx ds b Resetting default scope DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME RoxioBurnLaunc CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff e to fffff c e STACK TEXT fffff f fffff e fffffa d nt IofCallDriver x fffff f a fffff fad f fffffa c bf fffff fb fffffa fffffa PxHlpa x fffff f d fffff fad fffff e e efc nt IopXxxControlFile x fffff fa fffff c fffff fb fffff f a nt NtDeviceIoControlFile x fffff fa af e nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x f f x af e FOLLOWUP IP PxHlpa fffff e eb jmp PxHlpa x fffff e SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME PxHlpa FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME PxHlpa IMAGE NAME PxHlpa sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP addfcaa STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff ee kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X x B PxHlpa BUCKET ID X x B PxHlpa ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x b pxhlpa FAILURE ID HASH e - - e e- ae- b c af Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:BSOD on a Win 7 Pro Workstation

I'd uninstall the Roxio software...run the chkdsk /r command...see if it's better.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563432/bsod-on-a-win-7-pro-workstation/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a gaming card AMD 7900 oc and a work station card Amd Firepro w5000. Is it possible to have both in but choose between them in windows 7? Or do I have to keep swapping between them?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/gaming-gpu-workstation-gpu-4597455/
Relevancy 34.4%

Im trying to change my workgroup but I am unable too because windows is telling me that I need to turn on workstation service. I have no idea how to do this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Workstation Service

to Bleeping Computer, matt1g23. Try this:At the Start Menu, type services.msc and hit Enter.Look for Workstation (near the bottom if it's sorted alphabetically). Double-click it and make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic. Then, start the service by pressing the Start button. Apply > OKDoes that fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316482/workstation-service/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi. I am on a Windows network. What would a I have to plug into my swiitch (RJ45 jack) to add wireless? At first, I thought about a wireless router...but what about the IP addresses?

Thanks, RandWald

A:wireless workstation

First off, let's move this to networking.

Tell us something about your current network. Is this a corporate network? If not, how are you now sharing Internet, presumably with a router, no?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-workstation.502035/
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok, so I have a computer running WindowsNT Workstation 4.0. I am trying to get it to see the DSL router on the network. I am on the right IP address and have the Gateway correct, as well as the DNS addresses. I can ping outside addresses but can't not hit any sites or ping the name.

Any ideas on what else might be holding back name resolution? The DNS addresses are correct and work fine on the other Win98 stations. Thanks!

Squint

A:Dns problems on NT Workstation 4.0

Greetings

Is the DNS server a local domain server or an external ISP DNS server?

Are you in a domain or a workgroup?

The only thing I can think of, is that the DNS is part of the local domain, but your machine is not logging onto the domain (or does not even have a computer account on the domain), and thus is not being given access to the DNS server.

However, if you are in a Workgroup configuration, and the DNS server is your ISP's DNS server, then I have no idea, excpet perhaps for a slight typing error like 169.1.2.3 instead of 196.1.2.3

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dns-problems-on-nt-workstation-4-0.28952/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a windows 2000 sever and workstations that are win 95 & 98. My bosses machine is windows 2000 professional. When I browse the network his machine is seen with the servers not the other workstations. How can I change his machine to be a workstation like the rest? I think this might be why he has the problem of right clicking on something in the server taking 20 seconds for the copy window to open. Can somebody help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workstation-is-seen-as-a-server.284977/
Relevancy 34.4%

when trying to reset admin pw from a power user profile, it says that the workgroup service is not runnning, but it is not listed in the services & applications in computer manager??

A:workstation service

A power user does not have rights to change an admin password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workstation-service.29427/
Relevancy 34.4%

Somehow i recently turned this feature on, and its driving me nuts. Its not a screensaver thing. After 30 idle seconds the box appears and locks my workstation. I have to ener my password to get back on. Problem is it happens after 30 seconds, so I may be reading an article or watching a video and it locks and goes to desktop. How do I turn the "locks workstation" feature off? I dont need or want it to lock the workstation. Thanks for the help.

A:Locked Workstation

In Display Properties, go to the Screen Saver tab, and uncheck the box "On resume, password protect".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locked-workstation.544096/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a network Linux server and 3 WinXPSP3 workstations. On two of the workstations when I login as user, I am able to change the wallpaper and select folder options (ie classic view in control pannel). On one workstation, I get the blue screen and am unable to change it and cannot select the classic view in control panel. I have even tried to give this user administrative privileges temporarily but still don't have control of the desktop.

Thanks for any suggestions, Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workstation-wallpaper.843577/
Relevancy 34.4%

My HP Workstation 8000 will not boot. I was downloading a torrent, and then opened the .avi file, and it told me to go to torrentm8.com to decrypt the file. I went to the site, didn't download anything, and the computer just froze. (could this be multiple trojans.avi?) I had no option but to turn it off. Now it will not boot, nothing on the monitor, though fans and drives are running. I would have made the HD a slave in another computer to save the data, but no one else seems to have internal SCSI. What can I do? I really don't care about the data anymore I just need the computer to work.

A:HP Workstation 8000

Malware wouldn't cause hardware failure. If the system won't even post, I'd say it's a very bizarre coincidence.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-workstation-8000.803939/
Relevancy 34.4%

Recently got my hands on a Dell Precesion Workstation Workstation my new with and Problems xp Xeon Dual Core Gb Pc Gb Ide Hard drive I started out by doing a simple xp install on this machine The install took over hours It seemed to take forever Problems with xp and my new Workstation to copy the files from the xp disc to the Hdd Then when it finally restarted and tried to boot into xp it took a whole minutes to get to the windows screen I can't figure out for the life of me why this thing is so slow I mean i know i don't have the correct drivers for the system installed yet but still it should not be this slow I have much older machines in my room that for some reason run much faster I'm thinking it is something set wrong in the Bios or something I checked the site and this machine was made to work with xp It even has a nice COA sticker on the side Any idea what could be wrong Now i know that ide is an older technology and todays sata drives offer much better speed but i still should not be getting this bad of a performance out of this system Any help comments are appreciated I'm doing to do the basics today install drivers and initial cleaning of the start up programs but if you can put some light on this i would be grateful

A:Problems with xp and my new Workstation

Did you format the drive before install?
Depending on the parameter of the install it may have been doing a repair install
and thus writing all of the old information to another are.
If that was the case and the drive was near full there would be limited space for the new data.

A fresh install on a freshly formatted drive is the best technique.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-xp-and-my-new-workstation-472444.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I have been trying to configure a honeypot in VM using Bridged connection It is because that I have a server running Windows Server Standard It works just fine and I am happy with that system It is a quot weak quot computer it is running on Intel Atom GHZ GB ram Club grafic card It is meant to be a powersaver And no UAC enabled I have tried to install VmWare workstation the same edition as I use here on my Vista Works just VmWare Workstation fine I can install it on Windows Server and I can get the dialog from which I can create a new VM VmWare Workstation But I can t run the VM I have created It dosn t give me an error message VmWare Workstation or anything VmWare Workstation it simply just remain quite when I tries to open it I have installed Sun s Virtual Box and it runs fine with a XP installation even better than I thought if you think that it is a Atom processor I just need a linux installation Has somebody experienced anything similar

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/238310/vmware-workstation/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am lookning for a program that will allow me as network administrator to view and take control of users' workstations on our LAN. Please email me with any recomendations.

A:Workstation monitoring

What do you mean by "take control" ? Depending on which country you are from, you had better be careful that you are not infringing upon any data protection, human or privacy rights.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workstation-monitoring.37578/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have this computer that just BSOD d any input on on a BSOD workstation XP it would be appreciated Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list BSOD on a XP workstation ERROR FindPlugIns b Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg c memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not BSOD on a XP workstation an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg dc f address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS c CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt KiSwapThread dc f a f mov cl byte ptr edi h CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID INTEL CPU MICROCODE ZERO BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS NAME svchost exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from e b d to dc f STACK TEXT b e e b d c a nt KiSwapThread x b e b c b ebec nt KeWaitForMultipleObjects x b ed de ec fe nt NtWaitForMultipleObjects x a b ed c eb fe nt KiFastCallEntry xf WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong fe c x c eb STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KiSwapThread dc f a f mov cl byte ptr edi h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KiSwapThread FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntoskrnl exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e FAILURE BUCKET ID xA nt KiSwapThread BUCKET ID xA nt KiSwapThread Followup MachineOwner --------- nbsp

A:BSOD on a XP workstation

My first, best suggestion is run Memtest on your RAM. www.memtest.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-a-xp-workstation.104855/
Relevancy 34.4%

hey how does this VMware Workstation work?
it seems that you can run a os on a os
is this good soft ware and is there any other ones

its got a virtual thing or some thing
am know quite a bit about computers but i havent tried this virtual os thing
i like to run xp in win me so i can run win xp games and software or even vista in win me

A:VMware Workstation

Hi starcraftmasterVMware Workstation will indeed allow you to run an operating system within another.You say you want to run XP within ME. I am guessing that if you are running ME then perhaps your PC is fairly old and might not be up to running VMware. It would be best to vist their site and check out the system requirements for running it. http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/Note that you can trial VMware for 30 days before you have to part with your money.There are alternatives to VMwareMicrosoft's Virtual PC is free and can be found here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en However it is not supported on ME.Sun's Virtual Box is also free and can be found here http://www.virtualbox.org/ Again you will need to check out the system requirements for running it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203602/vmware-workstation/
Relevancy 34.4%

The IT guy here ordered a new workstation for me (without asking me what to get)

If it is not going to be considerably better, I will let that workstation go to someone else and wait another year for the "chance" to ask for what I want.

Everything else about the new workstation (Dell Dimension 3000) is an improvement. My only question is about the video card.

Existing: NVIDIA GeForce 256 AGP (Dell)

New: Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2

Does anyone hve any opinion on the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 card? Is it any good? better/worse than my existing card?

Relevancy 34.4%

I have a PC running XP in my shop that boots to the F8 menu. It will not complete booting using any of the choices. It goes partway, displays the XP loading screen with Safe, Last Known Good and Normal options.

Then it resets itself and goes back to the menu.

What version of XP? According to the COA on the case it's XP Professional.

I've tried a couple of recovery CDs but their utilities to force a System File Check during boot or to use System Restore won't work because they say the installed XP is "not XP" or is Windows NT Workstation.

So I'm fresh out of ideas! I've never seen anything like this with XP. I could use a recovery CD to copy files to an external drive then wipe it and reinstall, but that's the simple yet time consuming way to fix it.

A:XP identifying itself as NT Workstation.

If you have any service packs installed, then you don't have the same operating system any more. If you have SP3 installed, you need the XP SP3 CD to do a system file check. You should have made one when you changed to the new OS or you have no CD to repair with.

http://www.5starsupport.com/tutorial/xp-recovery-cd.htm
http://theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm
http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp
http://help.lockergnome.com/general/Slipstream-Xp-Sp2-ftopict33272.html
http://www.smithii.com/slipstream_xpsp2

XP is a Windows NT workstation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-identifying-itself-as-nt-workstation.949450/
Relevancy 34.4%

Is their anyway to lock a Windows XP Pro workstation. With Windows 2000, I can hit CTR+ALT+DEL and then Space and it will lock. I need to be able to do the same with WinXP.

Relevancy 34.4%

Hey i need to know if it is Possible to place a VM Ware machine on a USB and if it can be used on a computer that doesen't have VM Ware installed on that machine.
Really need the help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vm-ware-workstation-389415.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello All I have a Workstation Infected HP xw workstation with Windows XP Workstation Infected SP It has an Intel Core Duo processor with GB memory I have an intel raid Some how I have a vicious virus malware on my computer I have tried everything I can to remove it The issue that I am having is that I am able to install software such as Malware Bytes but each time I try to run it it Workstation Infected just shuts down Then when I try to lauch it again it says that the path to the exe file is invalid Even if I go directly to the exe file I get the same error message I have also tried in safe mode with the same results I have also restored the drive to a previous point but that has not helped either Please let me know if you have any suggestions to get rid of this thing that has taken over my computer Thank you in advance for any and all help nbsp

A:Workstation Infected

Attached is the dds log and attach log

I was not able to run any other programs as they get shutdown automatically. The error message that I get once they have been shutdown is:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to acess the item.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workstation-infected.1021783/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm thinking about buying this to run on my second harddrive. First, Is this a good windows version? Is it comparable to 2000? Is it better than Me? And finally is it worth 15 bucks? Any help with these questions would be great!!!! Thanks for your input!

A:Windows NT Workstation

If you have windows 2000 running on your system, then I personally would not purchase and install windows NT 4.0 unless you want to take a look at it and learn something about it.

It is possible that if your hardware is too new, then you may have problems finding drivers for it. Also NT does not have USB support.

You cannot compare NT to ME they fit different purposes - business vs home.
The righ comparison would be win95 or NT...( but still fit different purposes)

If you would like to upgrade the OS and find something better then ME, then get XP Home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-nt-workstation.221494/