Windows Support Forum

3rd SSD doesn't work when connected - HP Z420 Tower workstat...

Q: 3rd SSD doesn't work when connected - HP Z420 Tower workstat...

we have 2 SSD connected on the Gray connectors. When I try to connect a 3rd SSD on white or black connectors, the SSD isn't recogonized even in Bios. Sata (0) and Sata (1) are recogonized I tried to swap the new one with gray connectors, and it worked. How can I connect the 3rd SSD. Anything needs to be enabled? I checked in BIOS and not a lot of options for this. Updated the BIOS firmware to 3.84 and still no luck. I found a similar thread http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Adding-a-drive-to-a... but is not of help Kindly help. Product: HP Z420 Tower Workstation

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 3rd SSD doesn't work when connected - HP Z420 Tower workstat...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 3rd SSD doesn't work when connected - HP Z420 Tower workstat...

Is the third SSD the very same specification type?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/3rd-SSD-doesn-t-work-when-connected-HP-Z420-Tower/td-p/5695085
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm using a Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless/Lan Router it's connected directly to my cable modem. I have 2 computers connected to the router from lan, and 1 wireless. They all say that it is connected, but firefox doesn't work?

Relevancy 66.65%

So I have a Netgear WGR614 router and when I hook it up the computer says it's connected but I can't load any web pages. If I take the router out and go straight from the modem to the computer it does work.
It has worked in the past but I've never had a perfect connection..
Would I need a new and better router or is there a different problem here?

A:Internet doesn't work when router is connected

Let's see this when you are connected directly to the modem.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-work-when-router-is-connected.785679/
Relevancy 66.65%

My wireless is just not working I have read the other threads and tried the different suggestions and it is still not working I need majore help I did the IPConfig thing and this is what I got Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright connected is the doesn't but work Wireless internet - Microsoft Corp Wireless is connected but the internet doesn't work C Documents and Settings Dell gt IPCONFIG Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd md comcast net IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe fff feee c Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway Tunnel adapter to Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd md comcast net IP Address e b c e b c Default Gateway c c Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd md comcast net IP Address fe efe Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Dell gt A This is not what I had at first I uninstalled my wireless then reinstalled to see if that will get my wireless to start and that didn t My wireless was working then after I downloaded Windows XP it has stopped working The other computers on the network is working at my job Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I've tried pretty much everything I could think of. I flushed and reregistered the dns. I tried resetting the ipv4 and ipv6. I tried using firefox, I tried an ethernet cable, I tried turning the router off for a good hour or two, I tried reinstalling chrome, I uninstalled Norton and all of its components, I tried reinstalling my AVG antivirus. And nothing. Verizon said that the internet was working on their end and then I called Microsoft and they redirected me to Toshiba. They said they could scan my computer for any malware or 3rd party software since safe mode with networking had no problem connecting. All I had to do was give them about 200 dollars to scan the computer for viruses. So can someone help? I've been having this problem for a good two weeks or so.

A:The computer says I'm connected but the browser doesn't work?

Run Symantec's Norton Removal Tool. Sometimes it needs to be run again after a Restart.

If still no go uninstall AVG and run the AVG Remover.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-computer-says-im-connected-but-the-browser-doesnt-work.1105760/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I have searched EVERYwhere but cannot seem to find a person who experience similar problem let alone a solution the doesn't connected a router one work HELP!! computers Internet on via of I ve been using Linksys WRT G router HELP!! Internet doesn't work on one of the computers connected via a router for quite a while now with the two computers that i currently have ISP Rogers Hi Speed There hasn t been any problem until this week I haven t HELP!! Internet doesn't work on one of the computers connected via a router changed ANY settings on either my computer or my router other than some port forwarding All of a sudden i cant connect to the internet on one of my two computers connnected via this router this is a wireless router but i am NOT using wireless All computers are WIRED to the router I have tried a bunch of basic things like plugging off the modem n router resetting the router to factory default etc The compouter does recognize the router for example when I plug my router off the computer says quot the local area connection cable is plugged off quot or something along that line Also the local area connection shows up on Control Panel Network and Internet Connections A strange thing is when i run the quot system restore quot from the start menu the internet works If i restart the computer it doesnt work again I would really appreciate your help on this matter Thanks a LOT in advance nbsp

A:HELP!! Internet doesn't work on one of the computers connected via a router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-doesnt-work-on-one-of-the-computers-connected-via-a-router.567599/
Relevancy 66.22%

Well when i plus in the Ethernet but says internet connection work doesn't ethernet help connected please! cable it says its connected but if i open up Mozilla i get this error in browser if i try to connect to Google jar file C Program Files Mozilla Firefox chrome en-US jar locale browser-region region propertieswww google com Also I ve done the winsock fixes in cmd and this is not the cause of spyware malware I ran malwarebytes sybot search and destroy and also adware and it came up clean Furthermore if i ping myself or google for instance it times out Here s the IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name vaio-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List uci edu uci edu Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix uci edu Description Realtek RTL ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! x Family Fast ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - -EE- E-CA Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Tuesday November PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix uci edu Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g miniPCI Adapter Physical Address - E- B- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November AM Thanks for your help I appreciate it nbsp

A:ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-says-connected-but-internet-doesnt-work-help-please.874146/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a notebook..
Model : TOSHIBA Satellite L-510

and a TV
Model : SHARP LC32A37M (http://vlv.am/wp-content/uploads/pro...9192168124.jpg)

I have a HDMI cable and connected them both.. There are PICTURES.. but no sounds..

Please help.. Maybe if you think I need to install something additional please give me the sites.. Thanks...

My mom has been trying to fix this since last week..

A:Notebook connected to TV with HDMI cable doesn't work. Help pls!!~?

Have you checked the default audio device settings in your sound control panel?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/178629-notebook-connected-tv-hdmi-cable-doesnt-work-help-pls.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently switched over to Comcast for internet and have an xfinity router. The wifi works perfectly on all computers and devices except one. It's not working on a large desktop that uses a TP-Link wireless card. When I try to connect to the internet from Firefox on this computer, it just says "Connecting..." on the top of the tab for a while and eventually goes to a "Server not found" page.

Every now and then, usually after I try something random to fix it (such as turning on "SoftAP mode" on the TP-Link card) the internet will work for a few seconds, but then it stops again.

(Sorry if I didn't put enough information in here; tell me if you need to know anything else.)

Relevancy 65.36%

TL DR version XBox controller when connected makes sound but doesn't function and further connection disconnection doesn't makes system sound and also prevents shutting down How can I solve this In the mean time I will uninstall the driver the best I can Long winded version When I tried to install dual boot a Linux that I wasn't doing the first time I accidentally deleted my Windows partition instead of partition the free space left and needed to restart the whole installation of my Windows from scratch The irony is that I was able to install everything I needed during one weekend the 360 XBox shutdown work controller connected, and when doesn't prevents way I wanted id but since I've wiped my Windows partition last month I still didn't quite installed everything back the way I wanted it One plus side is that NVidia Geforce Experience is not telling me that it has run out of drive space anymore I have in this Desktop PC two drives one SSD with GB partition for Windows and a TB HDD with TB for Windows data After Windows installed I went in to Audit mode and configured the Users and ProgramData folders to be on the TB HDD and XBox 360 controller doesn't work when connected, and prevents shutdown later made Symlinks to these folders on the C partition so even programs that can't comprehend the ProgramData and Users folders being on a XBox 360 controller doesn't work when connected, and prevents shutdown different partition can work as I would like them to I do not wish to debate whether it is a correct way of using Windows or not With XBox 360 controller doesn't work when connected, and prevents shutdown great care this time I was able to install Windows to my liking and fairly stable with one exception I don't know where to go next with I have an XBox Wired Controller that I could use receantly with the only limitation that my controller should have been plugged in before I logged in or else Windows tried to install the controller and afterward it could not shut down either Connecting the controller made the device connected sound but neither disconnecting and reconnecting made any system sound in the same session not even to different USB port It is still possible to connect other devices in this state In the same session that I've connected the controller if I try to shut down or restart Windows it never goes beyond the point of the quot Shutdown quot message and always have to shut it down by force In an attempt to fix this issue I've tried to go in to safe mode and uninstall the driver then install it again but I was only able to make things worse that the controller doesn't work in any condition and prevents it from shutting down if it was connected Thinking of what could cause the problem I've installed few other programs that I've installed just before the problem occurred Unified Remote is one known source of issue regarding game controller however I didn't installed it's gaming driver on purpose because they even tell you about its flaw in the installer I've already uninstalled that but as of writing this post I see that a driver related to it still there The other one that I've installed before the problem occurred is VirtualBox and BOINC manager I have trouble see how BOINC manager it self could cause trouble with the game controller but I can see how VirtualBox could be the culprit I don't remember any other software I've installed at the time I do not wish to yet again reinstall Windows as it is really a tedious work and don't have the time energy and motivation to do so and also saved it from a potential crash Though I would not facing this problem if I did not wipe my Windows partition in the first place The game controller otherwise work Can you help me I'll try a few things that I can think of but none of them I'm too sure about would work I'll look up the event log but for now probably I'll try to remove the XBox controller driver

A:XBox 360 controller doesn't work when connected, and prevents shutdown

I would uninstall the device and the driver and check to see if there is a updated version of the driver for that device. Give that shot and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368159-xbox-360-controller-doesnt-work-when-connected-prevents-shutdown.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 63.21%

I need this missing drivers to be installed on Z420 workstation. OS running on WIn7 ENterprise 32-bit.PCI \VEN_1281&DEV_001B&SUBSYS_00001281&REV_00PCI \VEN_1281&DEV_001B&SUBSYS_00001281.PCI \VEN_1281&DEV_001B&CC_FF0000PCI \VEN_1281&DEV_001B&CC_FF00

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Missing-drivers-for-z420-work-station/td-p/5813327
Relevancy 59.34%

I Can Access Other Things

Messengers, Online Gaming, Etc, But When I Try And Connect to The Internet I Get A Page Cannot Be Displayed Error On The Screen, And On The Bottom Right Hand Corner It Says "Dns Error"

Can Someone Please Help Me

A:It says my internet is connected but when I open Internet Explorer it doesn't work!

Try seeing if this helps.

Internet Explorer - Reset

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/223940-says-my-internet-connected-but-when-i-open-internet-explorer-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I should start out by saying that the internet works at the university we use Resnet and that when I bring it back home and put in my cable it doesn t work Windows reports that my laptop is connected to the internet it s just that any attempt to go on any webpage "Connected" work doesn't despite status Internet or to ping even the router results in a timeout It s not that my router isn t accepting pings I ping the LAN not WAN address and I get no response I attached the result of an ipconfig all http img imageshack us my php image ipconfigmp jpg In addition in an attempt to repair the connection via windows results in a message Internet doesn't work despite "Connected" status quot WIndows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address And the packets received in the tcp ip window are abnormally small If anyone has any insight into this issue please help No internet on my laptop is driving me crazy Thanks nbsp

A:Internet doesn't work despite "Connected" status

Restart the router as a first, this might sort you out. Also Try an ipconfig /flushdns command and after that ipconfig /release - /renew.
If this doesn't work, try assigning yourself static ip credentials as a test (with a known public DNS server). If this works, log into your router and try and ping the public DNS servers it has listed. If they do not respond, change them to known ones in your area.

Try these and let us know how you go :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-doesnt-work-despite-connected-status.63594/
Relevancy 58.48%

Pasting in contextual information from another post OBconflicker Bi nf worm keeps reappearing windows defender monitor stops working slow computer windows search protocol windows pop up Malware virusPop up windows keep appearing quot Windows search protocol host stopped working stopped, protocol search work, doesn't firefox work microsoft host windows slow, itunes doesn't and was closed quot Itunes occassionally doesn t work Media Sync doesn t work Hard Drive keeps working microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work in the microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work background Windows Defender no longer monitors the running programs End of added information microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work OBLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp nkapg r exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp smss exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system WerFault exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp system exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low services exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low smss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low notepad exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low login exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BGScan exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml pt amp n ce dR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhost Inserted By STOPzilla O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progr... Read more

A:microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289777/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-slow-firefox-doesnt-work-itunes-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.62%

Howdy all

My sister's laptop, the wireless internet is automatically connected to our router and the password is correct. It even says its connected and the signal is strong.

And yet, web browsing doesn't work! Why is this? The Windows firewall has always been off. I don't know why this is the case.

Windows XP Home, I don't know the service pack is, The router/wireless internet is working on every other computer.

I'm guessing there might be a port blocked or something?

A:Connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work?

Supply the following information please.

OS running on all affected systems
Make\models of all equipment (routers, network cards, modems).
Wired or wireless?
What wireless encryption is in use?
Browsers being used (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera,...)
What security software is installed?

Open up a command prompt (Start > run > cmd)
Type the following bolded commands and post the results for each affected machine.

ipconfig /all
ping www.google.com
ping 74.125.53.99

Note: To post results of commands, alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > select all >
alternate click on the top of the command prompt > edit > copy > paste in a message here. If you are on
a computer that can't connect to the internet then paste the contents in a text document and save it to a
portable media like a flash drive, then use an internet capable machine to post the contents.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connected-to-the-internet-but-internet-doesnt-work-381089.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Help my windows 7 laptop just keeps rebooting and i cant get to safe mode or recovery what should i do ?

A:system recovery doesn't work and safe mode doesn't work and just keeps reboting

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631274/system-recovery-doesnt-work-and-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-just-keeps-reboting/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi, I know there are many in the forum who have the same problem as mine. 

my computer was running fine last friday. I tried to start it on saturday, it says it can't startup and need to repair startup. I did run the repair but still can't startup. I tried to use system restore to earlier dates, it still can't startup. The computer has trojan virus before and I tried the anti-malware from internet to kill them. seems that it create more problem for my PC. I have some important files in the computer that I wish I have archived. 

wonder if any one can help. thx in advance.

A:can't start up computer-window7, repair doesn't work, restore doesn't work

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493688/cant-start-up-computer-window7-repair-doesnt-work-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 55.9%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 55.04%

I was on my computer when it froze. I tried to get to the task manager by clear alt delete bt it wouldn't work. So I shut it off via power button. When I tried to stat it up it wouldn't turn on. I tried checking the cords and the power source but I couldn't find anything wrong. I unplug the powe cord and tried again the CD drive light and a yellow light below the power light flashed but nothing else. The power light seems to be red. I don't know what's wrong with it could you help? My computer info Compaq Windows XP Home Editor, Intel inside celeron processor. Thank you.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone, newbie here :) My question: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell 780 Optiplex DT, small form pc. I would like to put in in a tower case, that way I can use a standard dvd drive, and and perhaps a better power supply (I did some research and found a wiring schematic showing how to convert a standard supply to work with these little fellers :) but not sure what type case to use..any suggestions? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993622
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to use my CD-ROM drive and it doesn't work here are the list of things I have tried

Uninstalled and reinstalled the cd-rom driver it is a Matbleepa UJ-840D CD-ROM/DVD/CD-RW in my HP laptop (Didn't work)

Read stuff about code 39 and removed in the registry edit screen Upperfilters, Upperfilters.bak, Lowerfilters, Lowerfilters.bak and rebooted (Didn't work)

Removed itunes from computer (didn't solve the issue with cd-rom player)

Went back to a system restore point that was before the last time I used the CD-rom player and it worked and that (didn't work as well)

Read a lot of different posts about code 39 and nothing is given after the above steps are taken if it still won't work except to reformat which I would prefer not to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:CD-ROM doesn't work, code 39 error, tried many things still doesn't work

1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.or...2. Delete Upper & Lower Filters http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116Restart computer.or...3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patchDouble click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.Accept registry merge.Restart computer.or...4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.You'll see two items:- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443264/cd-rom-doesnt-work-code-39-error-tried-many-things-still-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I am new to building the pcs so I am afraid I may have fried mine I really am pry I did not but this is what happened I finish tower Power will not work button My the pc and My tower Power button will not work when I turned on the power supply the power button on the motherboard glowed so then I pressed my tower button and nothing worked so then I re setup he F PANEL cords u know the pwr switch and all that jazz turns out it was set up wrong so I put them in right and tried to turn on the computer again the power button on the motherboard turns on but not my towers power button and so my pc will not officially turn on I am guessing and I am worried that I may have fryed my pc because when I took out the f panlle cords I realized my pc was still on and turned it off immanently and I am afraid that may have fryed the motherboard if anyone can help me it would be wonderful I am freaking out and have no Idea what the problem thank you for reading P S My tower button does not making a clicking sound when you push it I am not sure if that normal or it is broken or somthing it just doesnt make any click sounds nbsp

A:My tower Power button will not work

You could have a defective power switch on the PC case. Test this by using the reset switch as a temporary power switch. The power switch and the reset switch are the same for practical purposes except, of course, the size of the button (on most cases). If the reset switch works and is able to start the PC, then you know the power switch is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-tower-power-button-will-not-work.203422/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a fairly new Radeon 8500 video card (the 128 MB version) in my PC. I need to replace the card in my G4 to get my new cinema display to work. Will the PC Radeon card work in the G4 tower? It has an AGP slot for the video card. I am just wondering if there is a difference between Mac and PC AGP cards?

Thanks!

A:Will a PC AGP Video card work in a Mac G4 tower?

Please do not double post..............................:no:

See http://www.techsupportforums.com/sho...&threadid=2741

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/will-a-pc-agp-video-card-work-in-a-mac-g4-tower-2740.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Dear all, I am going to buy a HP Z240 tower workstation. Do anyone know that the decibel of this computer? Is it louder? Do you know which HP workstation works quietly? Many thanks! Celia

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Does-HP-Z240-Tower-Workstation-work-noisily/td-p/5854515
Relevancy 52.46%

Nvidia P356 Quadro FX4600 graphics card - 768MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 dual DVI out thank you all

A:Wondering if this will work in my Dell Optiplex GX 280 tower-style PC

As long as you have a PCI express socket on the motherboard, that card will work. You may need a power cable adapter to be able to connect the card to the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-this-will-work-in-my-dell-optiplex-gx-280-tower-style-pc.179573/
Relevancy 52.46%

I ve got a number of systems that have Windows 3020MT media Recovery Tower on won't 10 Windows work downgrade installed by default So I ve switched the firmware to UEFI as Windows 10 Recovery media won't work on 3020MT Tower per Windows 10 Recovery media won't work on 3020MT Tower I then booted the DVD from the UEFI boot dvd option and then try to install the OS but didn t get the option I also checked the following article but I don t get the option to Install as per step instead I get options for recovery repair same as you d get when running a recovery disc I ve tried the firmware with or without Secure Boot enabled that doesn t make a difference I ve also tried creating a UEFI USB stick from the DVD and using that same result Finally if I go through the advanced options I can select the built in option for Recovering the OS from disk the problem with this is that it installed a clean Windows install no drivers no Dell specific tweaks no Office trial installed which I simply want to activate Thought I d try the forums before calling Dell support on Monday Any ideas

A:Windows 10 Recovery media won't work on 3020MT Tower

I'd say skip the Dell media and use the installer from Microsoft ...

No drivers, but those few that are likely to be installed are easy enough to install.
No Dell-specific tweaks - other than Dell branding (which I doubt there is anyone that would 'want' that specifically), I'm not sure what you are referring to.
Office trial is just the free version apps with the Click-to-Run app installed - when you "activate" Office through the Click-to-Run with an existing key, the files for the version you activate are downloaded from the web anyway, so there is really no reason to let that deter you.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985235
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a teacher who uses a laptop as a workstation. She uses it to get online from here at the school and when she comes home.

Recently, she said that she can surf fine from work but when she gets home she plugs into her network and gets all the signs of connectivity but when using the internet explorer, she only gets the "Work Offline" option and is unable to use the internet.

She has a wireless connection set up as well as the regular ethernet connection. She usually only uses the ethernet port and rarely uses the wireless connection but both are running simultaneously.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this problem may be?

A:Connected at work, not connected at home? WTF?

does she shut down the laptop - or hybinate it ?

she uses the LAN cable connection for both work and for home correct

she does not change anything in the firewall at all at work.

can she post an ipconfig /all

can you do the following tests when its working and then repeat them all when disconnected

Post back the results of all the test - clearly labeled which is which - ie connected OK and disconnected

its important to do all the ping tests

1) Ping the default gateway
2) ping google.com by the name
3) ping google using IP address

all details below
ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.
NEXT lets see if you can get out onto the internet with both names and IP's - its possible the IP number you get back on the first test is different to the one I post {I'm in UK} so use the number you get instead of mine

------------------------------------------------
try ping the name and then the IP see below

start
run
cmd

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping {the default gateway ipaddress you got above }
C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping google.com
Pinging google.com [64.233.187.99] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=120ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=107ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=102ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 64.233.187.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 101ms, Maximum = 120ms, Average = 107ms

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping 64.233.187.991
Ping request could not find host 64.233.187.991. Please check the name and try a
gain.

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping 64.233.187.99
Pinging 64.233.187.99 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=111ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 64.233.187.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 111ms, Maximum = 116ms, Average = 113ms

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-at-work-not-connected-at-home-wtf.568901/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an ASUS notebook running windows 7 64-bit. I am using the QuietOffice power profile, however the screensaver won't kick in no matter what I do, and the display does not turn off even though I set it to be after 5-minutes of inactivity. I don't know if there is something running in the background... I have turned off my usb wireless mouse, and nothing....

Any ideas?

THanks.

A:HELP: power option doesn't work - screen saver doesn't start!

This is another case of factory bloatware interfering - in this case a useless factory utility overriding Win7's superior built-in version.

Googling the Quiet Office feature of Asus there are multiple reported problems. Best to default to the Win7 built-in Power Options in Control Panel. Set up a Balanced Plan unless you're a gamer then use High Performance.

Here are other tips for cleaning up factory bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144080-help-power-option-doesnt-work-screen-saver-doesnt-start.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have no idea what my sister and her friends were doing on the comp for a couple recov not work computer shut down loading right, sys right, doesn't programs doesn't of days that i decided not to use it but now - a few programs take forever to load or don't load at all but they do show up under the processes tab in the task manager - after pressing Ctrl Alt Del the task manager icon appears in the system tray but the thing only shows up a minute later - my system recovery is quot not able to protect my computer quot and restarting does nothing - actually when restarting or shutting down Windows it stops at where it only shows my desktop background and cursor which is still able to move and nothing else after that so i have programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work to hold the power button and force it to shut off - when I right click the desktop and click on quot Properties quot or something similar to programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work this action it doesn't show up at all and whenever I try to open any application after that they don't even load at all either - and probably other stuff that I haven't took note of yet Things i've tried to get rid of these problems - Virus scan with programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work avast a couple viruses found and fixed but nothing changed - disk clean up nothing changed - registry clean nothing changed - CURRENTLY defragging my C drive hope something changes Anyone know what the heck's going on Anyone got any suggestions on what to do next Anything helps and would be greatly appreciated

A:programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work

no replies yet? :(

anyway, just stopped by to say that when shutting down, it takes forever to get to the "Saving your settings..." screen, and that's where I decided that it stops and nothing else after that.
Defragged my C drive, still no results besides the computer feeling a bit smoother-running o_o

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-not-loading-right-computer-doesnt-shut-down-right-sys-recov-doesnt-work-316544.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 4y old Sony VAIO (VGN-NS11J) that stopped working today morning after making a whirring noise

Repeated attempts to restart failed and after many attempts, I managed to get to the Startup Repair mode - after a long time, startup repair says it failed to automatically repair the problem

I managed to run system restore but after a while I got the following message: "System restore failed due to an unspecified error. The disk strucgture is corrupted and unreadable (0X80070571)

My laptop did not come with a Windows Vista CD/Recovery disk

My first priority is to recover a few files in the laptop - if I am able to do this, then I dont mind junking the laptop

Since this is an old laptop, I would prefer not to use an expensive professional to recover the data

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rgds

A:Sony VAIO running Vista doesn't start-up, system restore doesn't work

You may be able to retrieve your data by using Ubuntu. Post #3 in this topic provides instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479918/sony-vaio-running-vista-doesnt-start-up-system-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 50.31%

For the last month or so, every time I log off my account, the keyboard does not register at the Windows Log In screen. This makes it so I have to restart the computer and then it works fine.
There are three accounts on the computer, the casing has been half removed for the last 3 months, a DVD burner and driver recently installed 3 months ago and I am using a wireless off brand USB keyboard and mouse.
As for the second part, the computer requires several restarts to boot up, sometimes up to twenty minutes of turning on and off to boot up. Only started doing this a week ago.

A:My Keyboard doesn't work, and the computer turns on but doesn't start.

It sounds like something is wrong with your Windows XP drivers. Something like that happened to me while building my computer, and when I boot up the keyboard did not work because my copy of windows XP was bad. You could try reinstalling windows XP, and It might work better, but I dont have a definite answer to your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-keyboard-doesnt-work-and-the-computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-start-381732.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Cant get it to updateand when i use thr troubleshooternit doesnt work either Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Administrator doesn't doesn't troubleshooter and work 7 update Windows administrator on - - at Running from D Users Administrator Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check D Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit D Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D B DA D A E EB A DD D Windows system Drivers tdx sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FE A DFA C A E AE C AAB D Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed D Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit D Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit D Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit D Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed D Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system es dll gt MD is legit D Windows system cryptsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CA BECEA DE ADDAD E A C D Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CF F FAE DE AD EB D Windows system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit D Windows system iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit D Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Edit Topic moved from Windows to the more appropriate forum due to FRST log Animal

A:Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work

Hello,

Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561979/windows-7-doesnt-update-and-troubleshooter-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 49.88%

Have a friend with a relatively new Lenovo laptop using Windows XP SP3. Overnight he can't access the Internet via browsers, email or AIM. His desktop connected to the same router is working fine.

He can access the router by IP address using either IE7 or FireFox 3.5. Anything that needs a DNS server doesn't work. This does say though that he has a working connection to the router.

He's run MalWareBytes and his own McAffee software looking for bad stuff but has found nothing.

Running "ipconfig /all" from the command prompt gives exactly the same results for the laptop as his working desktop. The DNS servers are there. He can ping the DNS servers using their IP addresses. He is being assigned a proper local network address so DHCP is working on the router.

Any thoughts on where to look next to discover why the Internet applications don't seem to be able to find the DNS servers?

A:Can't Access Websites, Email doesn't work and no AIM doesn

FWIW, my friend took his laptop to a PC shop. Their diagnosis was malware. I don't know the identity of the malware. Anyway, the shop saved his data then formatted and reloaded XP SP3.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239603/cant-access-websites-email-doesnt-work-and-no-aim-doesn/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

A:My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karstin1812

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

Hi Karstin,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You would need to re-install Bluetooth software/driver for your system. Please check the link below for finding out the drivers:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289528-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-bttray-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to retrieve some old info from my old tower. Is it possible to hook the old tower to the new one and use it as a big memory bank? And if so, how do I do it?

A:Hooking old tower to new tower to retrieve old programs

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-old-tower-to-new-tower-to-retrieve-old-programs.613660/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi

Windows XP is installed in my laptop. It shows windows counterfeiting issue and popup the message whenever I open the laptop. If I use internet through wire, it works fine but Wi-Fi is not connected in my system. It also doesn’t show WPA2-PSK option for network authentication. Please help and tell me how to configure Wi-Fi in my laptop.
Thanks & Regards!

A:Wi-Fi doesn't connected

Nisha1234,
Welcome to TSG.

You will need to verify which XP Service Packs you have installed;
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/servicepackxp.htm

You should be running SP3, which should include the WPA2 update;
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=1974

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wi-fi-doesnt-connected.1048057/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi safemode reboot, XP work doesn't doesn't xp stopped responding and I decided to power off Was never able to restart after that Normal boot shows the windows initial screen but eventually just restarts safe mode does the same thing whether it s with network XP doesn't reboot, safemode doesn't work command line or plain safe mode Last known good configuration does the same Needed to use a file so decided to remove the HD and re-install to another PC I did have access to the file in question but now I d like to fix the problem The other system uses AVG I started a scan and it detected Cekar d A exe wdfmgr exe and initially ntldr exe Dropper Inor ntdetect hta A hta PSW Generic ABVW ctfmona exe PSW OnlineGames AAFI ctfmonb exe PSW Generic AFYK ctfmond exe PSW OnlineGames ZWT LotusHlp exe and some others but for whatever reason the scan stopped I restarted it and now the AV still finds most of the threats it was seeing before but not Cekar d in the ntldr exe file The system that had the problem was running Win XP Home SP Unfortunately I can t find the manufacturer s recovery CD HD is still in the other PC How should I attack the problem nbsp

A:XP doesn't reboot, safemode doesn't work

Update... Three passes of AVG and all threats were put in vault. Tried to re-install the HD to the initial system but no change... System says it didn't start correctly, that a new software of hardware could be responsible, the suggests to try las known good config, none of the options work, they all perform some tasks then windows reboots and ends up in the same screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doesnt-reboot-safemode-doesnt-work.671970/
Relevancy 48.59%

My problem is that I cannot access the internet through my LAC. I enable the connection and it will connect and send packets, but will not receive any packets. I have no problems enabling my wireless connection and connecting to the internet. The wireless does like to disconnect and reconnect about 3 or 4 times an hour which is another problem I have. I believe this LAC problem started around the same time I was trying to get shared music between my computers on iTunes. I was trying to allow for connection on port 3689, but everything I did was unsuccessful. Any suggestions for any of these problems I'm having?

A:Solved: Local Area Connection: doesn't work, Wireless: does work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-doesnt-work-wireless-does-work.772401/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have the specified problem at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913405

My power options and my screensaver DO NOT work after installing a wireless pointing device but I DO NOT HAVE Cyberlink nor ANY of the startup items indicated in the article!!!!!!! but they STILL DO NOT work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Screensaver and power options DO NOT work and Microsoft KB article DOESN'T WORK

Manufacturer and model of the device installed?

If you remove the device...do problems disappear?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510627/screensaver-and-power-options-do-not-work-and-microsoft-kb-article-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 48.59%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I cannot get Windows Media Encoder to home, Encoder work at does work Windows at Media doesn't work at all at home but I have no problems with it at work so I Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work know I m not trying to do something with it that it can t handle At home every time I try to convert either an AVI or a VOB to WMV either using the wizard or the custom settings it lets me get through it all and then when it starts Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work trying to encode it throws up the message quot Windows Media Encoder has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot It never gives me any more information than this just crashes and closes I ve tried repairing it through the control panel as well as completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it hasn t helped At home I m running Windows XP Media Center At work where I ve never had it crash I m running Windows XP Professional Is there something in Media Center that causes it to crash Is there any patch I can download or thing I can do to get it to work on my home computer Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work

I'm currently having the same problem . I open the .vob file set the output folder , settings etc etc . just as it was about to start converting , WME just stops and crashes . I use windows xp home edition so if your company's xp professional can make it work im thinking it is something in the professional edition which allows it to work not something in our edition that doesnt allow it to work. Are there any alternatives for encoding a video? i dont have much cash right now so i was hoping i might find some freeware alternatives . thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-encoder-doesnt-work-at-home-does-at-work.582955/
Relevancy 48.59%

After I install LIBusb I could work futher. But after I put him off en reboot an hour later my wired mouse en keyboard didn't work anymore.
When I restart in safe mode both still doesnt work.

Computer: HP Pavilion p6250

Please Help!!

A:LIBusb, USB ports doesn't work. Safe mode also no work

did you get sorted i have same problem

thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/63466-libusb-usb-ports-doesnt-work-safe-mode-also-no-work.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I m having difficulty figuring multiple work, malware, antivirus/antimalware popups, won't... doesn't tools work, persistent don't iexplore internet out this persistent malware I think it s likely that there are multiple issues I m running Windows Vista The malware started off with quot google redirect quot symptoms and disabling my Symantec software Shortly following I could no longer access the web persistent malware, antivirus/antimalware tools don't work, internet doesn't work, multiple iexplore popups, won't... However the malware persistent malware, antivirus/antimalware tools don't work, internet doesn't work, multiple iexplore popups, won't... itself would create an internet explorer popup every - minutes not my default browser that would go to quot search sites quot none that I recognized and search for lewd topics Running the taskmanager would show multiple instances of iexplore exe running on my machine one for each popup The popups would have to be eliminated one by one using the task manager Trying to run a system restore I discovered all restore points had been deleted I installed AVG antivirus and got it to run once which seemed to help the problem However upon restart all issues were back and I could no longer run avg Windows defender constantly pops up that a new trojan is attacking my machine At this point I unplugged my internet connection and started using another machine I had left my problematic computer alone for about a month Upon turning it on last night each time I logged on it gave me a warning that quot Windows had encountered a critical error and will restart in one minute quot and would restart I tried running cmd in that one minute to intercept it but the task manager would freeze if I tried to run it from there and explorer would freeze if I tried to run it from there I also discovered my Guest account is not working I restarted in Safe Mode and ran msconfig and disabled all non-Microsoft services Upon restarting my computer I found I could successfully log on although Guest account is still not working At this point I figured I ought to post a highjackthis log to a forum My computer would not let me install using HJTinstall exe so I renamed it to HJTinstall scr After installation highjackthis ran for about second and closed abruptly My machine will not run highjackthis nor will it let me rename it If I try to run it it says that it cannot access the file device or path and perhaps I don t have permission and if I try to rename it it says that I need permission to do so and asks if I d like to try again Right clicking does absolutely nothing This is all the same in safe mode although right clicking in safe mode will at least bring up the options I m out of ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268337/persistent-malware-antivirusantimalware-tools-dont-work-internet-doesnt-work-multiple-iexplore-popups-wont-run-hijackthis-nor-let-me-rename-it/
Relevancy 48.16%

Help! See the title.

I'm going mad because I can't listen to music! I've tried three different mediaplayers (Windows Media Player, VLC & QuickTime) and all three just don't work! WMP won't even play the files, VLC will (in .avi-case even with picture!) but there won't be sound :/. Same for QuickTime,...

Now, the weird thing is that I can play games without a problem and the sound's still there! Hell, even sounds made by Windows -- I hear 'em! YouTube works too!

I'm concerned there might be something wrong in the registry,... (I use Eusing Free Registry Cleaner/Defrag regularly, I guess something was bound to go wrong,...)

Please, help? :(

(Windows 7, btw.)

A:Sound DOESN'T work while playing .mp3/.avi - DOES work with games/YT

Apparently I made a mistake,... Sound in games doesn't work* System sounds and YouTube do, though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-doesnt-work-while-playing-mp3-avi-does-work-with-games-yt-509872.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear All
I'm using Dell Vostro 3350 now. After I upgrade Win 10 Pro, the Laptop Speaker doesn't work and can't give output any sound. But if I put my earphone, all of the sound include song work.
I use PC Doctor and scan the computer hardware but there is nothing found error on hardware and software. I also use windows update to scan all of the drivers, but it can't found any update drivers of this laptop. So what can I do next to fix the problem?
Thank you for member's attention

A:Laptop Speaker Doesn't Work But Using Earphone Work

Hello. Dell does not recommend installing Win10 on the Vostro 3350 model. Dell says, "If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected." To get the best performance from your laptop, revert it back to the previous operating system. You can google to find instructions for undoing Win10.
If you want to continue with Win10, then try to install the IDT Win8 audio driver using compatibility mode.
1. Click the link to go to the driver's page. Download and save the driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive. 2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates. 4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).6. Find the "setup.exe" file.7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.8. Select the Properties.9. Select the Compatibility tab.10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win8.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19981114
Relevancy 48.16%

Alright So whenever a program uses InstallShield none usual work fixes of InstallShield work, doesn't the to install or uninstall a program it boots up and the bar fills up preparing to run the Wizard and right when it fills an error message pops up quot An error occurred while launching the setup The specified module could not be found quot and then it quits This occurs anytime I try to install or uninstall anything that uses InstallShield I ve tried everything at the InstallShield troubleshooting site including deleting a file in the registry the problem key was there but deleting it didn t solve the problem making sure I had admin privilidges and emptying out the Temp folder I can t reinstall InstallShield because it ironically requires InstallShield to install The one problem that I can think of would be that I just got back from college At college I logged onto a network to use the computer Could this have something to do with it I ve tried logging onto the computer itself as the Admin but the problem still occurs This whole thing really sucks because the comp is pretty much useless not being able to install or uninstall anything Thanks for any help nbsp

A:InstallShield doesn't work, none of the usual fixes work

Depending on what version of InstallShield you have here is a site that shows some of it's program errors >
http://helpnet.installshield.com/robo/projects/installshield10-5compact/CP_IHelpBuildErrors.htm

Have you tried this site > http://consumer.installshield.com/

InstallShield uses the Windows Installer Service. It could be that Windows Installer Service has somehow become corrupted.
Check this site out > http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108201

As a last resort you might consider reinstalling your Windows Operating System on top of itself to repair and replace the corrupted or missing files associated with InstallShield and Windows Installer Service.

Just for your information, InstallShield is the oldest installer program company. However there is another that is completely free “Inno Setup” which you may have seen when installing some programs. Here’s their site > http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installshield-doesnt-work-none-of-the-usual-fixes-work.363287/
Relevancy 48.16%

my computer is working normally without connecting the cd ,but when its connected it the computer doesnt recognize neither the cd nor the hard disk and it doesn't start
both are IDE

A:my computer doesn't start when the cd is connected

Hi honaplus and welcome to TSG.

If they are both on the same IDE cable, you need to check the jumper settings on the hard drive to see if it configured as the Master or CS (Cable Select).

If it is jumpered to be the Master, you need to set the jumpers on the CD drive to Slave.

If it is jumpered to use Cable Select, you need to make sure the IDE cable is the CS type with a Blue connector to the motherboard, Black connector for the primary (Hard) drive and a Gray connector for the secondary (CD) drive. The CD drive then needs to be jumpered to use CS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-doesnt-start-when-the-cd-is-connected.865673/
Relevancy 48.16%

This is actually a problem in my grandfather's PC,
though is a really bizarre one:
My grandfather owns an HP 4580J OfficeJet,
just like me.
One day, his computer simply didn't see the connected printer,
like she wasn't plugged in at all,
so I tried to use his printer on my PC,
and it worked fine, though there is no problem with
his USB connections (I checked other usb hardwares on it),
and I also tried to reinstall the printer in his PC,
but nothing worked.
any suggestions except formatting his PC?

A:Windows doesn't see the usb connected printer

something you could try is: go to the hp support website and download driver and firmware for the specific printer. You first of all have to type in the model, and that gets you to a page where you have to choose the os, click on the relevant one and it will take you to the relevant downloads. The download will probably be several MB. If you try this get back and let us know either way, if it doesn't help there will be plenty of other suggestions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-doesnt-see-the-usb-connected-printer-465245.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just recently installed Win7 on a newly built computer for my parents, and HP got me the right drivers for Win7 64 bit and all, but the printer never prints. All the documents just sits in the printer queue of the printer. What could be wrong with it?

Also, I installed a Lexmark Z110 series printer on my desktop, Win7 64bit, got it to be detected and all, but still it doesn't print either. Won't even do a test page or nothing.

A:HP Printer connected and all, but doesn't print.

If Windows 7 drivers were never offcially made for your printer than it won't work correctly despite Windows 7 installing what it thought were the correct drivers. Printer drivers for new Op systems are typically slow to come about.

I can't get my old Dell printer to work either despite that fact that Win7 attempted to install drivers for it. Dell never even made Vista 64 drivers for my printer so Win7 one's will just never happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27842-hp-printer-connected-all-but-doesnt-print.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Forgot to ask this in my last thread. Is there any difference between a mid-tower ATX case and a full-tower other than height? Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

help i was having issues and i cleared the store cash and now windows 8.1 store dosent think i'm connected to the internet help i dont no what is wrong and i cant get it back on.

A:windows 8.1 store doesn't think i'm connected to internet

Hello Tony,

Do you have Avast installed by chance?

If so, it may be blocking internet access to the Store.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35196-windows-8-1-store-doesnt-think-im-connected-internet.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I am having problems connection to the internet we are using windows and i have comcast internet modem recently my son thought my internet network adapter was my problem so we ordered another one connection Solved: stay doesn't connected and he installed it Solved: connection doesn't stay connected he left the st on on the motherboard and installed the new one somewhere else inside i cannot remember where he said he installed it Solved: connection doesn't stay connected i am not a very technical person now my internet goes off amp on sometimes it is working on the Solved: connection doesn't stay connected st area connection sometimes with the nd area connection since it shows in the box shouldn t it only show one area connection and if so how can i disable one and how can i know which one to disable i have a feeling that the connection is the new adapter he installed if so right now i am using the old one so it wasn t broke to begin with maybe i have been having problems with connecting to internet about a month and a half Only my son was able to connect to internet wired thru router not wireless now i am only one connected and it is connected straight to the modem only i need to be able to depend on my internet connection and the problems are driving me bananas we have replaced the cords and even the sure protector and tried just about everything one lady at comcast said there was a problem with the IP address and helped to fix it but when later my electricity went off and the computer restarted i had a problem all over again it is a miracle i am connected right now and i cannot even be sure when it will go off again so please help me thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have installed a DVD player burner in my sons computer but when we try to boot up it comes up insert Diskette,I thought maybe it is the jumper on the DVD player moved it to all positions still no joy.If I take the DVD player out the computer boots up and starts fine.I tried changing the boot order as well still wont start up.I only know a small amount of knowledge of computers so any ideas to fix this problem.Regards Martin.

A:Computer doesn't boot with DVD player connected

Jumper and diskette? Is this an old computer w/ a disk drive? With disk drive and DVD player connected with a flat wide ribbon cable (IDE)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-boot-with-dvd-player-connected.189420/
Relevancy 47.3%

We have a Dell 390 tower that has 1 pcie x16 port and 2 pcie x1 ports. We have 3 additional videos cards other then the onboard but we are having difficulty getting all the video cards to work. The mutiple option only comes up when you add the video card in pcie x 16 slot but will not come up if you remove that card and put video cards into the other slots. Need help getting all video cards to work at the same time.
Additional Video Cards ( all 3 besides onboard) are : 
 EVGA GeForce 8400 GS DirectX 10 01G-P3-1303-RX 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
We have converter cables converting the pcie x 16 to pcie x 1. We've seen where other people with this same setup have gotten them all to work together but we just can't crack the code...any suggestions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991425
Relevancy 47.3%

I have no idea what happened, when I try to connect the modem directly to the PC, it give me "No Connectivity". But when I connect the modem through the router, it work!

ipconfig/all

Modem connect directly pic
Modem through router pic

Relevancy 47.3%

I cannot find out why the IE7 with code FF1.5) javascript work doesn't with (work following code doesn't work with IE Pressing the button doesn't add the text table to the page The code also loaded to http startupisrael com gpazi triptouch test php lt DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC quot - W C DTD HTML Transitional EN quot quot javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5) http www w org TR html loose dtd quot gt lt html gt lt head gt lt head gt lt body gt lt script language quot Javascript quot type quot text javascript quot gt function func var mydiv document getElementById quot mydiv quot var mytable document createElement quot table quot var mytr document createElement quot tr quot var mytd document createElement quot td quot var mytext document createTextNode quot this is my text quot mytd appendChild mytext javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5) mytr appendChild mytd mytable appendChild mytr mydiv appendChild mytable lt javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5) script gt lt div id quot mydiv quot gt lt button onclick quot func quot gt click lt button gt lt div gt lt body gt lt html gt

A:javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5)

got the answer -
IE requires a tbody element to insert a table using the DOM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/javascript-code-doesnt-work-with-ie7-work-with-ff1-5-a-161587.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hard drive shows up in Device Manager as working properly, but not recognized in My Computer

Relevancy 46.87%

So I was living in a country my laptop could perfectly connect to the internet I traveled to my home country when I tried to connect to the internet by WIFI it states that it s connect and only opens skype and on my mobile phones it only opens skype and viper and My that doesn't connect states it's PC to it Solved: tho internet connected? even bbm and whatsapp they don t open any internet browsers I have two PCs already connected to the internet perfectly one is a PC connected through the router perfectly and one laptop is connected through WIFI correctly but my third PC and mobile doesn t connect correctly only skype and on mobile only whatsapp and BBM contacted my internet giver company to consult them about the issue happening to me they kept asking me to get the command and write down some stuff like ping and an IP address in the end they told me that they can t do much about it as there are two PCs are already connected correctly Solved: My PC doesn't connect to internet even tho it states that it's connected? and that it s not a router issue they asked me to contact a computer engineer but I am broke and I can t get to one as I am broke so can you please help me I am suffering so bad I can t enjoy my vacation in my country as my brothers are bitching to me to let me use their PCs so can you please help me Note that I connected my laptop to the router directly and the same issue happened nbsp

A:Solved: My PC doesn't connect to internet even tho it states that it's connected?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-pc-doesnt-connect-to-internet-even-tho-it-states-that-its-connected.1126603/
Relevancy 46.87%

Maybe someone here can help me because I m stumped at this My laptop is recieving an wired internet connection but none of my programs seem to be Internet browser Solved: doesn't load connected, but is connecting to the signal Solved: Internet is connected, but browser doesn't load For example Internet Explorer isn t loading pages just blank things aren t updating and my quot Weather Solved: Internet is connected, but browser doesn't load App quot says quot Service not available quot When I open Safari it can t open the page and says quot The error is There was a problem communicating with the web proxy server HTTP CFURLErrorDomain quot The problem isn t in the router because the desktop I m using to post this is working fine The problem isn t in the ethernet cable because I tried using it to connect the desktop and it still worked fine Network and Sharing Center confirms that This Computer is connected to the Network connected to the Internet When I quot Diagnose and repair quot the message comes up quot Widnows did not find any problems with your internet connection quot I ve tried disabling the connection restarting and enabling again to no effect I haven t tried restarting in Safe Mode yet because I m not sure how The problem is on my Dell laptop with Windows Vista We get internet from Comcast connected to my computer through a Scientific Atlanta modem and one each Cisco and Linksys routers Again though my mystery is that the computer says it s recieving a connection but it s somehow not being used by any programs nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Presario Computer from HP and I have a HP PSC 2210 AIo connected to it. I also have a logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse connected to the USB port. My computer will not boot to windows xp when the printer is connected and turned ON. Is there any Suggestion.

I have disable Legacy USB Support in BIOS.

Please reply ASAP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-boot-to-windows-with-printer-connected.399664/
Relevancy 46.87%

I ve hp elitebook 8440p. It is connected to a network but it doesn't browse and says"the remote device or resource won't accept the connection". I checked my Internet connection and it works properly on other devices.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-doesn-t-load-any/td-p/5790479
Relevancy 46.44%

Not sure what s wrong with it It used to work fine no problem It was a studio computer used for recording songs So I m assuming something in it was disabled to prevent it from connecting to the net to avoid getting any viruses and losing any data Now I want to use it for gaming but when I connected the ethernet cable it tells me it s connected Speed mbps But packets are not being sent recieved I try to open up IE and it just says the page cannot be displayed Unlike my other packets Connected, but Problem. send/recieve Ethernet doesn't desktop Ethernet Problem. Connected, but doesn't send/recieve packets the actual port doesn t light up I tried to look through some of the stuff to see if I could trouble shoot at all and it doesn t say there is an ip address anywhere All that is pretty much blank and set to automatically detect My pc is a HP Pavilion a a Media center Windows XP It s a net adapter Can anyone help me solve my problem I m frustrated with this because I ve felt like I ve tried everything I m almost at that point I want to throw it through the wall so I don t have to bother fixing it Any help would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey Tech Says sisters Solved: the to Laptop doesn Wireless My Internet, it's - connected still Support Guys I m currently shrouded in the mystery of my Sisters Wireless Laptop Internet and wondered if anyone here had any ideas Just lately her Laptop hasn t been able to connect to our home Internet a belkin g g GHz Wireless Router and I ve tried everything I can do We have security on our router and at first Solved: My sisters Laptop - Says it's connected to the Wireless Internet, still doesn I thought all the problem was Solved: My sisters Laptop - Says it's connected to the Wireless Internet, still doesn that I needed to input the -bit WEP key to get it working again Seems that wasn t the case as when I did the Laptop comes up saying it has Connected with excellent signal however the Internet doesn t load in either Firefox or Internet Explorer Okay I thought and to much dismay disabled the security on our router and tried again Same thing happened so obviously now I ve figured it isn t the routers problem I enabled the security again and currently am lost with what to do I really want to get this working for her My Laptop PC and even both the Nintendo Wii and Xbox connect to the router fine wirelessly Her Laptop runs with XP Home Edition and Service Pack and it s an IPC Multimedia Laptop The Wireless card is an Intel Pro Wireless BG Network Connection and it tries to connect to the Internet using Intel ProSet Wireless software I ve tried connecting using the standard Windows Wireless Connection Utility but am given the same results The Laptop has connected to the Internet before the same router and everything but suddenly these problems have started to occur I ve connected lots of things up to Wireless Networks in my time but this has me stumped If anyone could lend a hand it d be so much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: My sisters Laptop - Says it's connected to the Wireless Internet, still doesn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-sisters-laptop-says-its-connected-to-the-wireless-internet-still-doesn.745238/
Relevancy 46.44%

Dear all,

I just received my new Thinkpad X1 Yoga, brand new, with a dock OneLink+

Both are running fine. But it is impossible to start the PC when the dock is connected: The screen freeze at the red square LENOVO display from the Bios, windows 10 pro doesn't start.

I have to disconnect the dock, et relaunch the PC to enable a normal start. After the start, I can reconnect the dock.

I updated all drivers, flashed the bios, latest FW of the dock and even resetted Windows, but without success.

Lenovo support wants to change the laptop (!), it's brand new!

I thought maybe one of the topgun member of this community might have a better idea.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Elwood

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66078-thinkpad-x1-yoga-doesnt-start-when-dock-onelink-connected.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Dear all,

I just received my new Thinkpad X1 Yoga, brand new, with a dock OneLink+

Both are running fine. But it is impossible to start the PC when the dock is connected: The screen freeze at the red square LENOVO display from the Bios, windows 10 pro doesn't start.

I have to disconnect the dock, et relaunch the PC to enable a normal start. After the start, I can reconnect the dock.

I updated all drivers, flashed the bios, latest FW of the dock and even resetted Windows, but without success.

Lenovo support wants to change the laptop (!), it's brand new!

I thought maybe one of the topgun member of this community might have a better idea.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Elwood

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/66078-thinkpad-x1-yoga-doesnt-start-when-dock-onelink-connected.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I know I could just go out and buy a scanner that works, but I do not use this scanner maybe once a year or so...seems like a waste of money. I would like to get it working with Windows 7 Home 64-bit, but it does not even show up as connected to the computer and I know it works because it is connected to a very very old POS Me OS computer. I have the parallel port enabled in the Bios and I've tried with and without an IRQ...no go. Any ideas why Win7 does not see it?

A:Old Parallel Visioneer scanner doesn't show when connected Win7

Have you tried with the various settings available in the bios (not just the IRQ settings)?

Maybe check the settings that it is using in the old computer and match them if you haven't.

Then again it could be that it is just too old for Windows to see it and install a basic driver for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/219810-old-parallel-visioneer-scanner-doesnt-show-when-connected-win7.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I bought a Sony Camcorder DCR-TRV last Sony Win98 through firewire camcorder detect connected doesn't week and tried to connect it Win98 doesn't detect Sony camcorder connected through firewire to my desktop Win SE through a firewire port There are no drivers included and the camcorder is supposed to be detected automatically Initially the computer did show some messages indicating it had found new hardware but after that it did not recognize the camcorder at all I tried rebooting reconnecting but there is simply no recognition of new hardware -- even through the add new hardware wizard On a couple of occasions when I disconnected and reconnected the camcorder I did see my mouse pointer switch to the sand clock indicating that there was some sign of life But that was about it I ve seen this problem reported on this forum and others with various Sony models and Windows versions but without many answers Hope I am luckier I m quite happy with Win and would hate to upgrade my OS just for the small hope that it might fix things Thanks champ nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a MSI K T NEO motherboard desktop with a Athlon cpu I have communicated with a MSI tech rep who says I don t have a hardware problem but a software problem All four computers are connected to my router which is connected to a modem furnished by Comcast Three of the computers have the following address type Assigned by DHCP but the MSI computer has an address type of Automatic Private Address Should the MSI computer have an address type -- Assigned by DHCP If so how can this be changerd There is something wrong with the IP address per microsoft diag program The cable is O K I tested it with my notebook and it connects to the internet with no problems System says that my adapter onboard is working fine The network icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen says that the computer Connected work but does not LAN is connected But no internet access All computers have the same network group Per the suggestion of the MSI tech rep I installed a PCI network adapter but it does not provide access to the internet What is LAN Connected but does not work the problem nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

When I plug in the ethernet cable to my modem, everything is good, but when i want to use it with my wireless router, it doesn't detect the internet.

A:Solved: My computer doesn't receive internet when it's connected to my wireless route

have you tried disabling the encryption?? post an IPCONFIG /ALL when connected tio the wirelesss

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-computer-doesnt-receive-internet-when-its-connected-to-my-wireless-route.1122318/
Relevancy 46.01%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just spent four days chasing this problem, so I thought I'd post this for anyone who runs across this in the future. z420 with BIOS v3.06 and RHEL 6.4. I have a Quadro 600 as the display GPU and a K20c GPU as a compute GPU. When running several GPU programs in a row, it would crash and display a hardware error:   928-Fatal PCIe error  PCIe error detected Slot 5  Completion timeout Slot 5 is the Quadro 600 display card, the K20c being used for computation is in slot 2. Both GPUs are v2.0 cards, and v3.0 slots are supposed to work with v2.0 cards. I found that by going into the BIOS and restricting PCIe slots 2 and 5 to v2.0 speeds (5 GB/s) instead of the default, the GPU would run reliably.  

A:z420 and K20 GPU

We are having the same issue over an HPz420 with 2 NVIDIA Quadro K600, on Windows 7. After a while of operating normally the workstation blocks showing a black the screen. Find attached the errror. This workstation has the last BIOS Firmware available installed. We are really stucked over this situation. Any solution??  

foto 3.JPG ?1748 KB

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z420-and-K20-GPU/td-p/5047745
Relevancy 45.58%

Im thinking to buy a 'old' HP Z420 - QUAD CORE E5-1620 ..should be a good idea or this kind of machine are too old?I have actually a Mac Pro 3.1 that i want replace with itDo you think that the Z420 should be better than the Mac Pro 3.1 or i risk of being let down (silly question in the forum HP)?The Mac is from 2008, the Z420 usually in what years were produced?They may have trouble running with Win 10?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z420-vs-Mac-Pro-3-1/td-p/5659808
Relevancy 45.58%

here's my problem as near as I can tell a few months ago the wireless connection on my hp laptop stopped quot seeing quot my wireless network Eventually during a scan with my panda security system a virus was found for some reason it is no longer in the logs-but is was I think trojan or sasser in my outlook folders-and it was deleted The wireless seemed to work again but then went back wireless see anymore) (computer doesn't internal my wireless work doesn't to being quot invisible quot to my wireless detector on the laptop I went to HP downloads to see if I could just update the quot driver quot and ended up updating quot system bios quot which seemed to work also for a while then the system goes back to not seeing the wireless I could sometimes do the right-click quot repair quot option to get it to connect but that stops working after a while I think that there is still some residual virus lurking in the system to cause this problem so that is why I am posting here Thanks for any help you can give I am not exactly sure if this is where I attach the dds txt text but will put it here just in case DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Victoria Jerome at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Panda Internet Security Enabled Updated FB - C E- E -B C-A A A C BF FW Panda Personal Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C PROGRAM FILES PANDA SECURITY PANDA INTERNET SECURITY WebProxy exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry internal wireless doesn't work (computer doesn't see my wireless anymore) exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k Panda C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsCtrls exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PavFnSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Security PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ c program files panda security panda internet security firewall PSHOST EXE C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsImSvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PskSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtMon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtProc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security APVXDWIN EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C WINDOWS system bcmntray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager ex... Read more

A:internal wireless doesn't work (computer doesn't see my wireless anymore)

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
===

For AVG antivirus and anti-spyware security software users only.

Quote:

Due to recent changes in AVG and how it interacts with CF, AVG must be uninstalled to run ComboFix. You will get a message from CF stating such.

If AVG will not uninstall, it is first recommended to uninstall it with this AppRemover by Opswat. The AVG uninstaller can be downloaded from here > AppRemover.exe Go to their homepage and you will see they have support for removal of other AV's as well AVG appremover tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/internal-wireless-doesnt-work-computer-doesnt-see-my-wireless-anymore-583186.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Updated to Windows from Windows two weeks ago Had problems with Firefox Tried to download to replace existing Firefox CNET site appeared to be correct but something seemed wrong so I killed the download But - The windows start menu doesn't come up when I click on the icon but if I right-click a text menu does appear and lets me for example shut down - If I click on the Windows End icon in the task bar the screen flashes but End does not come up Ditto for the Windows Store icon - Somewhere SpyBot S amp D was erased etc windows - problems 10 doesn't appear, menu windows doesn't start key work, but I was able to download it - If I double-click on a photo in Windows Explorer I get a popup that lists the name of the jpeg and says Invalid Entry to Registry If I right click on the photo and go to any of the options the photo is opened except if I choose Photo - Firefox cannot properly display the Yahoo mail page though Pale Moon windows 10 problems - start menu doesn't appear, windows key doesn't work, etc and Opera can - I have Avast Anti-Virus and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and when I run their scans they find no issues SO there are a few issues that I need help with

A:windows 10 problems - start menu doesn't appear, windows key doesn't work, etc

Hello,
Well the first thing you should try is to Run System Restore to before all of these problems started or to when you first installed Windows 10.
Then try to download Firefox from there website
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Third thing is I would recommend to get rid of Avast it is low end and could be allowing virus I recommend ether McAfee or Norton Security.

Those are some things to think about
but it is all up to you when making your final decision

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588007/windows-10-problems-start-menu-doesnt-appear-windows-key-doesnt-work-etc/
Relevancy 45.58%

Recently I keep getting this
not connected to the Internet.Work off line or reconnect.
But I am connected.How do I fix this...?? I think it must be something Ive done by accident.
Ive gone to file and checked that work off line isn't ticked, any suggestions please.

A:Not Connected Work Off Line..?

I've encountered this occasionally, normally if Windows falls "out of sync" with the connection status. It's supposed to monitor when you're connected and when you're not, so that when you're connected and you close the last internet-using program it can pop up a dialogue asking you if you want to hang up, but unfortunately if you crash mid-session sometimes it can think it's connected when it's not, or visa versa.One of the easiest ways to fix this is to go into Internet Options -> Connections and set your connection to an "always on" connection. This will turn off the monitoring. Send a shortcut to your dial up networking connection to your desktop, and manually make and break the connection each time you want to use it.Recently I keep getting this not connected to the Internet.Work off line or reconnect. But I am connected.How do I fix this...?? I think it must be something Ive done by accident. Ive gone to file and checked that work off line isn't ticked, any suggestions please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126045/not-connected-work-off-line/
Relevancy 45.58%

My wireless internet connected says its connected, but when I go to access the internet through Firefox or AIM, it just times out and won't work.

I've ruled out winsock corruption because a similar problem has happened before, and fixing winsock usually fixes it. I also thought maybe it was a virus, and I ran a virus scan, and 2 were found. But after deleting both, the internet still won't work.

Thanks for any help in advance!

A:Internet says its connected, but won't work

Can you hook up direct, without the wireless router?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-says-its-connected-but-wont-work-276387.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello. I am trying to fix a friend's computer. It is running on Windows XP. Previously, the built-in wireless never had a problem connecting. She let her sister borrow her computer and now, neither IE (version 6) nor Firefox will load, even though the Wireless Network indicator says "Excellent strength" and is connected to the internet. IE will open but nothing happens. Foxfire says "Server not found." I am not sure if this is something with connection settings or registry files. What can I do to fix it? Thanks!

Relevancy 45.58%

I ve seen several threads on this problem but I can t seem to find a solution My laptop says that it Wireless connected, does but not work has a quot Wireless connected, but does not work Excellent quot wireless connection yet my none of my browsers or Wireless connected, but does not work applications will actually connect to the intenet I am staying at my parents house right now and when I was living there before over a year ago I was using the same wireless card and router and was having no problems I ve been using wireless internet with it ever since and had just used it maybe three days ago at my old place I m running Windows XP SP on my laptop I ve been using the same wireless card for like a year and a half now and never have had this problem My parents have a wire router DHCP is enabled I have been using ZoneAlarm for a firewall even if I turn it off it doesn t fix the problem If I connect the laptop to the router directly via ethernet it works but the wireless still does not If anyone has any ideas that would be great - I m at my parents house for like another week and I desperatly need to get my laptop to connect wirelessly Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless connected, but does not work

I'd say the most likely issue is a mis-matched encryption key for the router. In the year since you've been gone, they may have had to reset the router's configuration and happened to use a different encryption key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connected-but-does-not-work.629068/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok I have a problem and its really bugging me One day a friend came over and we tried to install a Geforce GTS into my computer PII Mhz MB Ram etc etc Anyway we installed the card into the AGP slot but for some reason the monitor wouldnt work when we turned on the computer kept saying Video Cable Connected I figured out why it was doing that though Anyway since it wasn t working we took the card back out put the computer back together all good My friend leaves and I turn on the computer At first everything seems ok but then I and Sound cant My get work, doesn't to it either. work I notice my sound doesnt work nor does my graphics card work my original one I fixed the graphic problem by just installing the new drivers but the sound I cant I thought maybe My Sound doesn't work, and I cant get it to work either. it had to do with drivers since we deleted my old graphics drivers when we installed the new graphics card so I downloaded the newest sound card drivers and its still not working I went back and opened up my computer Theres this one wire that we could not remember wether it was connected or not Ive tried having my computer on with the wire connected and not connected and it doesnt seem to make any difference So I would really like to figure out whats the matter with my comp and hope to god its fixable cause I really dont want to get a new comp Thanks before hand nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,Does HP Z420 support GTX 980 Ti GPU ?There few problems I'm facing1- I put GTX 980 Ti GPU and change the PSU corsair AX 860i but system does not ON2- When I put GTX 980 Ti GPU and power separately still system giving beep and red lightSeparately means- For GPU I'm using different PSU and for whole system default HP Delta PSU.3- When I try to run GTX 980 Ti with HP delta PSU system shows insufficient power for GTX 980 Ti, it required more power.Kindly help me I don't what I'm doing wrong here.

A:HP Z420 support gtx 980 ti

@Anu0512?, welcome to the forum. I feel your frustrations. The first thing to check is to see if the motherboard has UEFI or a standard/Legacy BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  If it is Legacy the video card will not work. If it is UEFI, does the video card have additional power connectors?  If so, are they connected?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Z420-support-gtx-980-ti/td-p/5733968
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,i have a HP Z420 with the Intel Xeon E3-1620 and a 600 W PSUI want to swap the NVIDIA Quadro 2000 with a more capable Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960 (the 4 GB model). Can I do that?Thanks in Advance

A:HP Z420 Geforce GTX 960

It's the Gigabyte GTX 960 WF20C, should draw no more power than 120 W according to NVIDIA

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z420-Geforce-GTX-960/td-p/5731954
Relevancy 45.15%

Does the Z420 with E5-1650V2 support 2 gpus in crossfire?

A:Z420 crossfire

Hi, Yes it does have 2 x PCIe Gen3 x16 slots which support 2 video cards can be setup side by side to make crossfire Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z420-crossfire/td-p/5817459
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I've recently replaced the NVIDIA Quadro 2000 with a ZOTAC GTX 750 Zone with passive cooling. Since that change, the rear case fan runs at a very high speed, so that my desktop is much louder than usual. My suspicion is that the motherboard's intelligent fan control is trying to somehow compensate the "0 rpm fan speed" reported by the GPU - which is totally ok since the GPU has passive cooling.  This issue is reproducible. As soon as I switch back to the (fan-equipped) NVIDIA Quadro 2000, the desktop remains almost totally silent. Is there a way to convince the motherboard to just ignore the missing fan speed of the passive cooled graphics card so that the rear fan remains silent?  Thanks,Helge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z420-with-fanless-GPU/td-p/5716366
Relevancy 45.15%

I am inheriting a z420 ready to go but it does not have any ram. The processor is a E5-1650 v1 so it is one of the first generation. I need to buy ram and Crucial has kits. Can I get the fastest "1866" ? , it's the same price as the slower ram. I know it runs it the models that use the v2 processors. Thanks in advance.

A:Z420 Ram Compatibility

Hi, You could install 1866 MHz but automatically adjust to 1600 MHz because that is the FSB (front side bus) processor  Memory Types DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600 http://ark.intel.com/products/64601/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-1650-12M-Cache-3_20-GHz-0_0-GTs-Intel-QP...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z420-Ram-Compatibility/td-p/5732675
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a HP Z420 Workstation containing a Xeon E5 1620 processor and I wanted to swap it with a newer revision of the procerssor (E5 1620v4) in the near future. Is that possible?

A:HP Z420 CPU Upgarde

John, Don't buy anything yet.  What you can do will be based on whether you have a version 1 or a version 2 of that workstation.  There was a significant change between the two, and what processors you can upgrade to is based on that as a first step. Go into BIOS and look up the Boot Block Date, which is available under the first tab and let us know.  There are limitations on what processors you can use based on that and also what HP certified for the version you have.  Let us know.... Your current processor, the E5-1620, is a quad core running at 3.6 GHz and has 10 MB cache, and is rated to run at 130W max TDP.  It has a single sSpec code of SR0LC, which can be bought used off eBay for about $40.00 USD now.  You can do better than that, but there are limits... Scott

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z420-CPU-Upgarde/td-p/5851273
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi There

My client to have HP Z420 currently with 2GB X 3 = total of 6GB

Now. I was asked to upgrade to 14GB with a single 8GB ram slot the client have already purchased.

What is the best RAM configuration in here with 8 RAM SLOTS accd to HP documentation.

can someone pls. guide me which slot should have which ram slot etc.

thanks a million

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395959-hp-z420-now-2gb-x-3-6gb-need-add-another-8gb-single-ram.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello All Question Are there two different revisions of the Z420 workstation like with the Z400? I've two different pdf for this product and one lists Sandy Bridge E5 Xeons with 1600 Mhz memory and another listing Ivy Bridge E5 V2 Xeons with 1866 Mhz memory? How can one identify one from the other?   Is it the same motherboard and just a BIOS revision that opened up compatibility with these processors and memory?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Z420 Different Revisions?

Yes, there are two versions.... the original and the "Revision 1".  The original can run the Sandy Bridge Xeon processors that HP certified for it.  The Revison 1 can run both those Sandy Bridge and the newer Ivy Bridge "v2" processors.  A nice little article on the differences between those two generations of processors is linked below.  Again, assuming you have a later version Z420 you generally can only the Sandy and Ivy Brige processors listed by HP can due to built-in BIOS microcode limitations (there are a few rare exceptions): http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2405317,00.asp A trick that works for most HP workstations is to search, for example, for "Z420 Spare Parts" in Google. At the top of the results you'll see the HP page for that, and note under the Z420's Processors section that there are 700000 series part number processors with IB (Ivy Bridge) in front as available processors.  Note also down at the Miscellaneous section at the bottom are a couple of 700000 part number motherboards.  Those are the later Revision 1 versions.  The -001 version comes pre-set for W7 installs; the higher number for W8. I don't have the BIOS boot block date for easy differentiation from original versus Revision 1 for the Z420, but that is the best way to tell if you have one.  The boot block dates for the Z620 and Z820 are 12/28/11 for the original and 3/6/13 for the Revision 1 motherboards.  Look in your BIOS under the first tab for that.... Your Z420 may not have those exact dates but should be close, and you'll know from that. Thus, if you focus on QuickSpecs and HP literature from the early 2013 era you'll start seeing the Ivy Bridge processors being referred to. You can look at the Intel "Ark" site under the HP approved v2 processors to see if there is only 1 sSpec code, and if so you can be sure that you are buying an identical used eBay processor to upgrade to if you go that route.  Search eBay under the sSpec code once you find that at the ark site.... it will be linked at bottom left of the front page for each processor you search for. I've upgraded processors into the Z400/Z600 workstations but not yet a ZX20 workstation.  Same process I am sure, just more expensive.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z420-Different-Revisions/td-p/5691127