Windows Support Forum

Auto shutdown issue of Z240 SFF workstation when Intel 750 P...

Q: Auto shutdown issue of Z240 SFF workstation when Intel 750 P...

Hi all, I got a Z240 SFF workstation with a 512G HP Z Turbo Drive G2 intalled on M.2 slot as a boot drive. I recently add a 1.2T Intel 750 PCIe SSD on PCIe slot 4 for additional storage. However after the Intel 750 SSD was intalled, the computer began to shutdown automaticly after couple of minutes running. The issue will be fixed after remove the Intel 750 SSD. The system is running 64bit Win10, with Samsung NVMe Driver. The Intel 750 SSD can also be read and write when installed and Intel Data Center Tool shows that the SSD is healthy. I think the auto shutdown issue is related to overheating on 750 SSD. I am wondering if the motherboard of Z240 SFF is compatible with Intel 750 SSD. Does anyone have Intel 750 PCIe SSD installed on their Z240 SFF or any other Z Workstation? Thanks! NOS_ATX

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Auto-shutdown-issue-of-Z240-SFF-workstation-when-Intel-750/td-p/5696977
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Auto shutdown issue of Z240 SFF workstation when Intel 750 P...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 79.55%

Hello We are going to be purchasing a lot of HP Z Tower Workstations from our supplier in the future and I have been given one to QA in our environment nbsp We currently use HP BCU to make available and enable the TPM on our current HP systems We are using version of HPBCU Today Workstation HP TPM PPI Z240 I have downloaded version of the HPBCU to begin creating a configuration file for the new Z workstations nbsp The problem I have is that the TPM PPI physical presence settings are nowhere to be found in the UEFI BIOS firmware user interface What we want to do is suppress the prompt that would allow users to deny HP Z240 Workstation TPM PPI modifications This is was possible in previous incarnations of HPBCU on different models of workstation in the form of the following setting nbsp Embedded Security Activation Policy nbsp nbsp F to Boot nbsp nbsp Allow user to reject nbsp nbsp No prompts nbsp Unfortunately this is not in the file created using on the Z and as I said nothing appears in the user interface I have checked under Security gt TPM Embedded Security but the only options I see there are TPM Device and TPM State nbsp Is it possible to configure the physical presence settings on this model of workstation using HPBCU If not then I will need to reccommend an appropriate alternative make HP Z240 Workstation TPM PPI model where it is possible nbsp We deploy scripts that run HPBCU through configmgr SCCM and can't have this prompt annoying our users and potentially allowing them to deny the change nbsp We also can't have technicians HP Z240 Workstation TPM PPI visit every Z to configure this manually Our I T estate is fairly large at computers so automatic management is crucial to us nbsp Any help would be massively appreciated nbsp Many ThanksC Solved View Solution

A:HP Z240 Workstation TPM PPI

Updating the System BIOS/Firmware seemed to solve this issue

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z240-Workstation-TPM-PPI/td-p/5597459
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I have some problem to open a ticket in warranty for an HP Z240. I'm registered on HP Support and also HP Enterprise Support, but when I try to open a ticket after the serial number check the site platform give me an error: this is not the right site for this serial number. I get this error on HP Support and also HP Enterprise support. What is the procedure to open a warranty ticket for this workstation?????If I call the telephone support number is always busy......it is crazy  Thanks,Alessandro

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Warranty-HP-workstation-Z240/td-p/5840120
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello  Does anyone know how to enable legacy support on Z240 Workstation? Under "secure boot configuration" in BIOS I choose "Legacy Support enable and Secure boot disable" but I save and reboot, it reverses back to "Legacy Support disable and Secure Boot Enable" Any suggestion please? Many thanks  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-enable-Legacy-Support-on-Z240-Workstation/td-p/5678692
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello  Does anyone know how to enable legacy support on Z240 Workstation? Under "secure boot configuration" in BIOS I choose "Legacy Support enable and Secure boot disable" but I save and reboot, it reverses back to "Legacy Support disable and Secure Boot Enable" Any suggestion please? Many thanks  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-to-enable-Legacy-Support-on-Z240-Workstation/td-p/5678692
Relevancy 76.97%

Brand New HP Z240 Tower Workstation with HP Solid State Drive will not BOOTHP diagnosticsHard Drive SMART Check: WARNING (1: NOT AVAILABLE)Hard Drive Short DST Check: NOT AVAILABLE (1: NOT AVAILABLE)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/No-Boot-Device-HP-Z240-Tower-Workstation/td-p/5592736
Relevancy 76.97%

Dear all, I am going to buy a HP Z240 tower workstation. Do anyone know that the decibel of this computer? Is it louder? Do you know which HP workstation works quietly? Many thanks! Celia

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Does-HP-Z240-Tower-Workstation-work-noisily/td-p/5854515
Relevancy 76.97%

I am trying to install Windows 7 on a HP Z240 SFF workstation but when I boot from the Windows 7 USB media, it does not show the HDD even though it is connected.  it would be great if someone could help me out with this issue. Thanks in advance.

A:Unable to Install windows 7 on HP Z240 SFF Workstation

Hello matt_william,  If you are using a retail version of Windows 7 Operating System. You may have to install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver while installing the OS. On the HDD partition windows, you will get LOAD DRIVER option, you have to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver.   Please find below link to download Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8323799&swItemId=wk_156996_1&swEnvOid=405... NOTE: THIS ACTIVITY NEED TO BE PERFORMED ON ANOTHER UNIT.   TO USE THE INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY DRIVER DURING A NEW OPERATING SYSTEM INSTALLATION: 1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved). 2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. 3. Navigate to C:\SWSETUP\SP73487 and unzip "f6flpy-x64.zip" to a USB key for a 64-bit installation. 4. Use the newly created driver installation media during operating system setup to install the drivers.  Once you copy the driver on another USB media, connect it with unit on which you are trying to install OS.  Click on Load Driver and navigate to USB and install the driver. Once the installation is complete, You will be able to access HDD and will be able to install OS.  I hope that answers your question.  I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem. ***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Unable-to-Install-windows-7-on-HP-Z240-SFF-Workstation/td-p/5648294
Relevancy 76.97%
Relevancy 75.25%

I can't get new Z workstation to boot into WinPE on Windows x Windows x and Windows x with only and NVMe drive installed to the M slot on the MB I've tried plain OEM Media and WDS with WinPE with different drivers added to the boot wim file all no luck nbsp It seems there must be some sort of bug relating to the Samsung nbsp pro nbsp M nbsp NVMe GB drive I'm using When I leave this as the only drive CDRW the computer always hangs as soon as WinPE starts If I leave the Samsung NVMe drive installed and add another SATA drive such as a Samsung Pro SSD it behaves fine- WinPE then loads and I can see both drives nbsp I was able to install Windows nbsp on the NVMe drive and booted into Win as long as the SATA drive was present As soon as I removed the nbsp SATA drive nbsp and it starts loading windows it immediately hangs again nbsp It shouldn't be NVMe driver support as Windows WinPE has native windows when or booting Samsung... hangs Workstation WinPE Z240 NVMe support and has the same problem so it must be something else I suspect it's either something I have to turn off in the BIOS or some other BIOS UEFI bug nbsp Has anyone seen this before nbsp Thanks nbsp Edit Z has latest BIOS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z240-Workstation-hangs-booting-windows-or-WinPE-when-Samsung/td-p/5574579
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi So I've had a acer aspire vn7 592g black edition for around 6 months.I noticed that every time I use the laptop unplugged, it will automatically shutdown because of a critical error of intel sst. So it's really unusable when I'm not plugged in.I have all the latest drivers, latest BIOS. When I look into the events journals, the log that describes the shutdown is: (translated from French) Intel SST Parameter Service unexpectedly shutdown. Corrective action in 60000 milliseconds: Reboot service I don't think i've seen other persons with this issue.I hope some people will be able to help. This doesn't bother me so much because I'm most of the time plugged in, but when I'm not it's really unusable.Thank you   

A:VN7 592G auto shutdown when unplugged intel sst cr...

Did you try to reinstall the windows or install another windows os on a different partition? To be honest I am expecting that the error is caused by the fact that you had some malware before (or you still have it). But I cannot be sure so a test with a fresh install could tell you if this is the case.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-auto-shutdown-when-unplugged-intel-sst-critical-error/td-p/443201
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi So I've had a acer aspire vn7 592g black edition for around 6 months.I noticed that every time I use the laptop unplugged, it will automatically shutdown because of a critical error of intel sst. So it's really unusable when I'm not plugged in.I have all the latest drivers, latest BIOS. When I look into the events journals, the log that describes the shutdown is: (translated from French) Intel SST Parameter Service unexpectedly shutdown. Corrective action in 60000 milliseconds: Reboot service I don't think i've seen other persons with this issue.I hope some people will be able to help. This doesn't bother me so much because I'm most of the time plugged in, but when I'm not it's really unusable.Thank you   

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-auto-shutdown-when-unplugged-intel-sst-critical-error/td-p/443201/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

My Dell Notebook should be stayed online for me to access it remotely.  But, yesterday, I realized my notebook was shut down by itself.  I reviewed the event log of my Windows 10, there was an event of Dell Update process.  After that, no other event found was found.  I suspect that the Dell update trigger the notebook to shutdown.  This pattern seems to be happened before as well.  Can anyone know why or anyway to disable the shutdown or disable Dell update?  Thanks in advance!

A:Windows 10 Auto Shutdown Issue

Please check the Power Option settings on your notebook:
1. Right click the Start's button
2. Click Power Option
3. Check  "Choose what the power button do" and Choose what closing the lid do
You can uninstall Dell update by going to Programs And Features:
1. Right click the Start button
2. Programs And Features
3. Dell Update

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19669334
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello. I am currently working on getting a fresh installation of Windows 7 on our HP Z240's in order to create our standard business image. I was able to install Windows 7 Enterprise but am having one issue. Whenever the workstation goes into sleep mode it will do a hard shutdown. I've installed the latest drivers found here for the chipset, graphics, NIC and sound. The issue still occurs. I've done the same on three different workstations and have experienced the same issue between all three. The OEM Windows 7 installation has no issues on the same exact workstation. Can anyone assist me with this? Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z240-with-Windows-7-Hard-shutdown-before-sleep-mode/td-p/5673196
Relevancy 66.22%

I solved a shutdown issue by rolling back from IMEI driver version 11 to version 9.  The latest Windows 10 updates have installed IMEI driver version 11 but the roll back facility in device manager is greyed out.   I have downloaded IMEI driver version 9 but the exe file won't open and install.  Can anyone help please?

A:Intel Management Interface Driver shutdown issue

Hi, Try the following. Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane. In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and restart the notebook. When windows has reloaded, download the IMEI driver directly from Intel on the following link, unzip the package and run the installer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26127/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NU... When the installation has completed, restart the notebook. When the machine has reloaded, re-enable Fast Start-up and reboot the notebook once again - let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Intel-Management-Interface-Driver-shutdown-issue/td-p/5776181
Relevancy 61.49%

Issue: Whever the system is booted/rebooted after POST, while transfering control to OS, the system goes into a pause/halt (keyboard and mouse doesn't responds)Workaround: As soon as one of the monitors is turned off, seems control passes to Windows 7 ("Loading windows" on black screen shows up) and boots normally, now the monitor can be turned on and dual display works as usualAdditional info: While the system is paused, if the NUM/CAPS/SCROLL lock is pressed in a particular sequence (even though the lights actually don't respond), it looks like the key-press sequence gets stored in buffer. This is verfied once one of the monitor is turned off, the same keypress pattern lights up on the keyboardSetup: z240 with 2x23" monitor connected to Display-ports, HP smartcard keyboard and mouse connected to rear USB. BIOS version 1.11 (SP74759)Has anyone experianced similar issue or anyone has a fix for this?

A:z240 boot issue with dual monitor setup

Same here.New Z240 workstation with Xeon E3-1245 v5 and two monitors HP Z24n, both attached on the motherboard's DisplayPorts.OS: Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Sp1 with latest patches and drivers (including monitors' one), BIOS (01.27 Rev.A)  I found two workarounds: power down and restart, or briefly attach another DVI monitor. I will try your trick to power off a monitor.  P.S. Initially I had the same problem using two Samsung DVI monitors and HP DisplayPort->DVI adapters. I thought it was a problem with the signal conversion and changed monitors. Probably this post is an instance of the same problem:http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z-240-Video/m-p/546...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z240-boot-issue-with-dual-monitor-setup/td-p/5531610
Relevancy 60.63%

My computer has been like this for the past months, every minute, every hour, every seconds. it reboots, shutdown, and hibernate automatically, and sometimes wait for around 5-10mins before it my pc turn on. I full scanned my computer but found nothing. Can someone help me?

A:auto reboot, auto shutdown, auto hibernate

You need to check Control Panel, Power Options. (screenshot)

Note the tabs. In this dialog you set your options and they are set for the Power Scheme shown. In Laptops, there are usually 2 schemes listed, one for AC powered and a separate for Battery powered.

Desktop OR AC powered Laptop, the only thing you MAY want to turn off is your Monitor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/auto-reboot-auto-shutdown-auto-hibernate-351722.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My computer has been like this for the past months every minute every hour every seconds it reboots shutdown and hibernate automatically and sometimes wait for around - mins before it my pc ~_~ auto hibernate auto shutdown, auto reboot, turn on I full scanned my computer but found nothing Can someone help me This is my Hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system auto reboot, auto shutdown, auto hibernate ~_~ services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems AutoDetector monitor exe C Program Files SpeedBit Video Accelerator VideoAccelerator exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DAP DAP EXE C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorEngine exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL file C PROGRA SPEEDB vaproxy pac R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F F C D- C - A-B B - - C PROGRA DAP SBSearch dll R - URLSearchHook P P Energy Toolbar - bae c - f - d -a - f c a - C Program Files P P Energy tbP P dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - F FA -B - FC -ADD -C EF DBDD BC - no file O - BHO P P Energy Toolbar - bae c - f - d -a - f c a - C Program Files P P Energy tbP P dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO ffbde-c fa- a-b - d f eb e - e be f- d - b-a -af cedbff - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - EA BF-A - B - BB -CD F - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google Googl... Read more

A:auto reboot, auto shutdown, auto hibernate ~_~

I see you have My Web Search installed. Do you use this?

Most of the time, this is actually malware.

Code:
C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe

Code:
every minute, every hour, every seconds.
That's a very broad piece of information. So you are saying sometimes
you get hours out of your PC before it shutsdown/hibernates?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/auto-reboot-auto-shutdown-auto-hibernate-_-310014.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am running an HP Z workstation Bios version G V nbsp OS is duel boot Windows Professional -bit amp Ubuntu LTS nbsp Using F set-up I have Enabled Advanced- gt Bios Power On for all days of the week and have set a time for power on Under Advanced- gt Device Options I have enabled wake on lan Under Advanced- gt Power on- gt Options After Power Loss i have set the option to always on nbsp If push power on button on front of machine it auto boots to Linux If I then pull the plug the machine immediately goes off If I plug the machine back in NOTHING HAPPENS It doesn't power up I have to push the button If I unplug the machine and then plug it in and wait until the BIOS Pwoer On time then machine does NOT boot or power up at the selected workstation auto after won't Z600 power loss boot time Again I have to push the button to get it to power on nbsp What am I missing or doing wrong The machine is being used as a remote server It has to automatically reboot after power loss nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 workstation won't auto boot after power loss

Changed nothing and the issue went away.Had a 4 hour power failure in the building.When power was restored machine automatically rebooted.So pulling plug on Z600, machine doesn't auto-boot.Power fail entire building: router, monitor, Z600 and machines boots.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-workstation-won-t-auto-boot-after-power-loss/td-p/5464151
Relevancy 57.62%

hi latly i buy an used hp workstation z800 and after one week of using it star to shut down randomly the first time i chek the temperatur of the compnant but every thing lok normal do enney one have an idea about this probleme

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/hp-workstation-z800-shutdown-randomly/td-p/5573983
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there I've successfully made an answer file on SIM that gets through the whole process unattended However right at the end it always asks for user name-also it hasn't named the computer Here is my answer file logon unattend Auto issue Auto Code lt xml version quot quot encoding quot utf- quot gt lt unattend xmlns quot Auto logon Auto unattend issue urn schemas-microsoft-com unattend quot gt lt servicing gt lt servicing gt lt settings pass quot windowsPE quot gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE quot processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt SetupUILanguage gt lt UILanguage gt en-us lt UILanguage gt lt WillShowUI gt OnError lt WillShowUI gt lt SetupUILanguage gt lt InputLocale gt en-us lt InputLocale gt lt SystemLocale gt en-us lt SystemLocale gt lt UILanguage gt en-us lt UILanguage gt lt UILanguageFallback gt en-us lt UILanguageFallback gt lt UserLocale gt en-us lt UserLocale gt lt component gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-Setup quot processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt DiskConfiguration gt lt WillShowUI gt OnError lt WillShowUI gt lt Disk wcm action quot modify quot gt lt CreatePartitions gt lt CreatePartition wcm action quot modify quot gt lt Extend gt true lt Extend gt lt Order gt lt Order gt lt Type gt Primary lt Type gt lt CreatePartition gt lt CreatePartitions gt lt DiskID gt lt DiskID gt lt WillWipeDisk gt true lt WillWipeDisk gt lt Disk gt lt DiskConfiguration gt lt Display gt lt ColorDepth gt lt ColorDepth gt lt HorizontalResolution gt lt HorizontalResolution gt lt RefreshRate gt lt RefreshRate gt lt VerticalResolution gt lt VerticalResolution gt lt Display gt lt ImageInstall gt lt OSImage gt lt InstallTo gt lt DiskID gt lt DiskID gt lt PartitionID gt lt PartitionID gt lt InstallTo gt lt InstallToAvailablePartition gt false lt InstallToAvailablePartition gt lt WillShowUI gt Never lt WillShowUI gt lt OSImage gt lt ImageInstall gt lt UpgradeData gt lt Upgrade gt false lt Upgrade gt lt WillShowUI gt Never lt WillShowUI gt lt UpgradeData gt lt UserData gt lt AcceptEula gt true lt AcceptEula gt lt Organization gt lt Organization gt lt UserData gt lt EnableFirewall gt false lt EnableFirewall gt lt EnableNetwork gt false lt EnableNetwork gt lt UseConfigurationSet gt false lt UseConfigurationSet gt lt Restart gt Restart lt Restart gt lt component gt lt settings gt lt settings pass quot oobeSystem quot gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup quot processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt AutoLogon gt lt Password gt lt Value gt UABhAHMAcwB AG AcgBkAA lt Value gt lt PlainText gt false lt PlainText gt lt Password gt lt Domain gt lt Domain gt lt Enabled gt true lt Enabled gt lt Username gt Administrator lt Username gt lt LogonCount gt lt LogonCount gt lt AutoLogon gt lt Display gt lt ColorDepth gt lt ColorDepth gt lt DPI gt lt DPI gt lt HorizontalResolution gt lt HorizontalResolution gt lt RefreshRate gt lt RefreshRate gt lt VerticalResolution gt lt VerticalResolution gt lt Display gt lt OOBE gt lt HideEULAPage gt true lt HideEULAPage gt lt HideWirelessSetupInOOBE gt true lt HideWirelessSetupInOOBE gt lt NetworkLocation gt Work lt NetworkLocation gt lt ProtectYourPC gt lt ProtectYourPC gt lt OOBE gt lt VisualEffects gt lt FontSmoothing gt Standard lt FontSmoothing gt lt VisualEffects gt lt RegisteredOrganization gt lt RegisteredOrganization gt lt TimeZone gt UT... Read more

A:Auto logon Auto unattend issue

Bump! So far 47 views and no replies-sorry I know double posts are not great but I is desperate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/27122-auto-logon-auto-unattend-issue.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I just built a new workstation for school and I'm having a what I think is a driver issue.

So when I bring my computer out of standby I hear it turn on but then it reset when the monitors don't come on.
Occasionally this happens when i turn on the computer or just return to it and the monitors shut off.
My Specs.

OS Windows 8.1 64
Monitors: Syncmaster P2570HD and a 22Hd Cintiq
Motherboard: asus b85m-e/csm
Graphics card: Firepro w5000
Processor: intel I7 4771

A:New Workstation monitor Restarting issue.

Sorry forgot to include this.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47784-new-workstation-monitor-restarting-issue.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello.

There are difficulties with Workstation service.
It isn't installed, Client for Microsoft Networks installation hasn't helped.

Can there windows services be restored to default?
System is W764SP1.

A:Workstation service missing issue.

Hello Tuck,

If your "Workstation" service is missing, then you might see if restoring it using the tutorial below may be able to help.

Services - Restore Default Services in Windows 7

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296444-workstation-service-missing-issue.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I m new here and have been handed a program to use that allows client installation through a mapped drive Using server I have mapped drives on all workstations to the Program folder on the server I have sucessfully instaled issue.. program Server, workstation or the client software on an XP workstation a Win - workstation and have failed to install on a vista and a win stations In each instance of the failure I am connected as administrator to the server the files are visible and when I select the client setup file- it unpacks it and gives me a SEVERE You must install Server, workstation or program issue.. client setup from a mapped drive Now I m no dummy but I can see the server and access files I think it s mapped Why is it possible to install onsome but not others I use the same adminstrator password to access the server from all workstations I m lost Oh- and the program help line costs bucks to acctivate Without it you cannot submit a ticket for trouble help So I m hoping someone knows what is happening here nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-workstation-or-program-issue.1008145/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,in my workstation z420 I cannot use the usb3 ports on Windows 7 Professional x64 ; I've installed the last chipset drivers and the last  Texas Intruments IOI USB 3.0 2+2 port PCIe Drivers, but, any usb3 devices connected to front and rear ports still not working.Also, all devices in devices manager seems not have any problems.Please let me know. Thanks and Best Regards Francesco

A:Workstation Z420 USB3 issue

Hi,Sorry for bumping old thread, but is the solution to fix this ? I have exact problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Workstation-Z420-USB3-issue/td-p/5055128
Relevancy 52.03%

We have a lenovo t s laptop that had a failed harddrive We manage to clone the drive but because Issue error shutdown/reboot windows proper with shutdown after of how bad the failure was part Issue with windows shutdown error after proper shutdown/reboot of the mbr partition and the lenovo recovery partition was Issue with windows shutdown error after proper shutdown/reboot lost i Issue with windows shutdown error after proper shutdown/reboot manage to repair the mbr partition by using a Windows DVD and using fixmbr fixboot and rebuildbcd command from the recovery console to get the machine up and running We didn't see any other issue however whenever we shutdown the laptop or do a reboot for windows it will say that windows did not shutdown properly when it boots back up and to select start windows normally or repair mode The other strange issue I notice was that when using the windows dvd repair option it does not detect the OS installed when you get the GUI box It does detect it when i did the rebuiltBCD option even thought it corrupted boot the second time I ran the command and to again reboot into the dvd and rerun it a third time allowing me to get into the machine Any ideas how I can resolve the windows did not shutdown properly error I could reinstall windows but since the machine came with Windows media with downgrade to windows I dont want to use a genuine dvd to reinstall it since i am not sure if it will even work People told me to just upgrade to Windows but i cannot do that at the moment for this client of ours that has this issue

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608625/issue-with-windows-shutdown-error-after-proper-shutdownreboot/
Relevancy 51.6%

Windows XP Professional SP3 with all latest updates.

First noted in that ipconfig and ping operate in a delayed mode. Ipconfig takes 10 -60 seconds to respond. Ping is the same.

If you use ping www.google.com -t the ping never stops responding.
If I run pingtest.bat that reads
ping www.google.ca
pingtest.bat

It will run ping 3-4 times before hanging again for 10-30 seconds then repeat.
The delay seems to effect any application that uses network access. When you select reply in outlook you get the same delay.

If the workstation service is stopped the delay goes away but returns as soon as the workstation service is re-enabled.

We have 40 computers in a 100 computer network with this issue. Doing a clean install seems to resolve the issue. The 40 computers are all the same. Intel DG35EC boards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dg35ec-workstation-service-delay-issue.1032499/
Relevancy 51.6%

I m currently upgrading a kit from Windows to Windows NT not due to a specific hardware software compatibility issue The specs of the upgraded hardware are Soyo BA III motherboard Intel BX chipset Intel PIII MHz MB PC memory upgraded from MB PC memory is known good Quantum GB IDE hard drive upgraded from GB Samsung IDE Matrox G Problems (Wierd NT 4 issue) Startup Workstation video upgraded from i SYMBIOS chipset SCSI card CD-ROM Zip drive I needed to upgrade the BIOS so the motherboard could recognise the hard drive I used the most recent available on the Soyo website Whenever I make a configuration change in NT installing drivers service NT 4 Workstation Startup Problems (Wierd issue) packs applications etc I get the following error message quot Windows NT could not be started as configured A previous working configuration was used instead quot Unless I go into the Last Known Good when prompted and press quot D quot to force the default configuration I have found a MS Knowledge Base article about it at http support microsoft com support kb articles Q asp LN EN-GB amp SD gn amp FR and I have tried it s recommendations but to no avail I have tried various things with taking out legacy ISA cards fiddling with virtually all BIOS settings that might make a difference but I have not been able to get a resolution to it Can anybody help me nbsp

A:NT 4 Workstation Startup Problems (Wierd issue)

Hiya and welcome

Have you tried all of these?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=W...all&rnum=6&[email protected]

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-4-workstation-startup-problems-wierd-issue.58714/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I am using a laptop for codes name workstation query) Event Issue (log on Viewer and home use I am not connected to a server or anything just the home wifi Today I was looking Event Viewer Issue (log on codes and workstation name query) in the event viewer and I saw quite a lot of log ons with numbers or Are these all normal enough I was using the computer at the time so I doubt someone was logging in 'remotely' while I was on it Is it normal on start up and log in using password etc to see for example log on then a few seconds later log on or when I unlock the screen after the computer has been idle Also something more worrying is how my girlfriend's name appears at times in the Workstation name We both have our own laptops with just profile on my laptop under my name and on hers under her name However her workstation is showing on mine which I do not understand When I start up my computer there is just one user profile mine and I put in my password Even when she uses my computer she is still connecting as me so I don't understand how her name would appear in workstation name Another thing is that a lot of the times I have noticed this are times when I would have been working on my computer and she would be at work so it is very confusing Should I be worried about this Malware bytes has shown the usual malware stuff PUP OPTIONAL CONDUIT etc so I don't think this is the problem Here is an example of one of the logs I have removed her name and my IP An account was successfully logged on Subject Security ID NULL SID Account Name - Account Domain - Logon ID x Logon Type New Logon Security ID ANONYMOUS LOGON Account Name ANONYMOUS LOGON Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID xe Logon GUID - - - - Process Information Process ID x Process Name - Network Information Workstation Name GIRLFRIENDS NAME Source Network Address Source Port Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process NtLmSsp Authentication Package NTLM Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only NTLM V Key Length Thank you for your time

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396518-event-viewer-issue-log-codes-workstation-name-query.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I was just wondering if anyone knew why windows 98 is capable of automatically shutting a computer off by its default settings, and when 2000 or XP is installed on the same computer, it no longer can shut the power off all by itself anymore? I read how to make it so it does on tweakxp's site, but it didnt work at all. Thanx for any feedback on this.

marcg

A:Auto shutdown?

You can check the setting in xp via start>control panel>power options>advanced tab. The shutdown function is controlled by the lower drop down menu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown.144090/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am running XP version 3, on a Toshiba Laptop. After a nite of electrical interference, this Laptop (my other laptops are running fine) started shutting down after 1 to 4 minutes, sometimes it never made it through the boot. It turns itself off completely, then try as I will it will not stay on. I imagine this has to be a hardware problem, I cannot perform any diagnostics because it wont stay on long enough. So I'm hoping for an educated guess.
Thanks
Dennis

Relevancy 50.31%

could you guys reccommend a good set timer shutdown program for xp?

thanx

Relevancy 50.31%

i untick auto restart option....... after 2to 3hrs a blue screen appears says a prblm has been detected and windoes has to shutdown to prevent damage
END_OF_NT_EVALUATION_PERIOD
IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN FOLLOW THESE STEPS
check new hardware or software is properly installed
if prblm continue disable or remove any newly installed software . disable BIOS memory option such as such as caching or shadowing ....
technical information
stop:0x00000098(0x0a3d2980,0x01c9faa8,0x00000000,0x00000000)
pls help me what to do next ............

A:auto shutdown

This article seems to say it all.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms795469.aspx

What version of Windows are you running? Vista or 7? If Vista is it a legitimate copy? If Windows 7 was it one of the first Betas?

Update: This will also happen if you installed a RC of a Service Pack.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown.840275/
Relevancy 50.31%

How do I enable auto shutdown in XP? So I haven't got to turn it off manually... Thanks!

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey,
So I got a new PC a couple of weeks ago with Windows Vista as the operating system but ever since I've been using Vista, it keeps automatically shutting down. I go to sleep and leave my PC on because I'm downloading something but it always shuts down and I have no idea why that happens, are there settings I can tweak or something? Or is it an error or the computer has been over heated? Maybe it's because I left it idle for too long, just PLEASE, tell me how to keep it on..
Regards,
Thank you.

A:Why does my PC always auto-shutdown?

It's probably going into standby or hibernate as part of the power saving options. I had this issue when I had torrents downloading and needed the machine to be permanently on.

Go into control panel, and find the Power option. It may also be found in control panel > display > screensaver > power on XP (I can't remember if they moved it for vista).

That's the most likely. Otherwise, yes your computer would shutdown if it was overheating in order to prevent it from frying. That's very unlikely though unless your machine has the fans blocked or not running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-pc-always-auto-shutdown.839879/
Relevancy 50.31%

i have windows xp laptop and after my login, windows will automatically shutdown after 2 seconds, it is virus?even in safe mode it can't logon..

are you able to get into safemode? If so try restoring to a previously saved restore point to just prior to the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/auto-shutdown-233869.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am not understanding i have not set any sleep timers or any power management policies but since 2 weeks i am observing that when i leave my laptop ON while i am outside (my laptop is either downloading some patches, movies etc) when i come back i find my laptop shutdown. i've checked screensaver, sleep modes, energy management everything seems to be ok.. it was not behaving this way before at all. i've tried to scan completely for any viruses through Sophos but have found nothing.

any idea what could have gone wrong? it is specially annoying when you find middle of your download was interrupted .

A:Auto-shutdown

If you do not see any setting to shutdown after so long ......then it may be shutting down due to heat.

Does it happen when on powersupply and or battery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown.1031538/
Relevancy 50.31%

I had Windows ME on my computer and had nothing but problems invalid shutdowns blue screens etc etc so I bit the bullet and obtained WindowsXP Loaded it up Auto No Shutdown! fine everything went great it s running great but When I had OS windows se and windows ME when it came to shutting down the pc would power down and switch off itself I didn t have to No Auto Shutdown! press the button at the quot it s now safe to switch off your computer quot Since I upgraded to windowsXP I now have to manually switch off the pc I did post this thread in the Hardware section but had no joy any Windows XP users can you help has anyone got this problem I keep forgetting to switch the pc off I got so used to clicking shutdown and then walking away Can anyone tell me why the change and how can I get my auto shutdown back Thanks in advance for any advice given nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

hai,
i would like to know how can i get something that will shutdown my computer if it is not active for a long period of time. I need to know this because wenever i turn my comp of it usually says an error message for sum reason and then it keeps on until i press ok and then of course i do not sdsee this message so my comp gets left on all night!!!!

i dont understand what u are trying to do

what is the error message u get?

there are programs that u can download (from download.com, for example) that will shut off your pc after a set time, but if there is an error, they may not work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown.136720/
Relevancy 50.31%

I had Windows ME on my computer and had nothing but problems, invalid shutdowns, blue screens, etc etc... so I bit the bullet and obtained WindowsXP. Loaded it up fine, everything went great, it's running great but....

When I had OS windows 98se and windows ME when it came to shutting down, the pc would power down and switch off itself, I didn't have to press the button at the "it's now safe to switch off your computer" Since I upgraded to windowsXP I now have to manually switch off the pc.

Can anyone tell me why the change and how can I get my auto shutdown back?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-auto-shutdown.83655/
Relevancy 50.31%

someone pls help me............. my lappy automatically shutdown after using for about 3to 4 hrs.....gives a blue screen some error written on it
so what can i do.....my lappy is compaq pressario v6000 os-windows 7
pls help me what can i do to rectify this prblm

Extract and run the attachment below...

What does it say under cpu temp...?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown.840152/
Relevancy 50.31%

Is there a way to automatically shut my pc down here at work. Yes, I go thru the start>shutdown>shutdown my computer but it doesn't turn the power off. One colleage does have this and he doesn't know how he got it.
Is this possible? What's the procedure if it is?
Thanks for any help!
God Bless
Peter

A:Auto shutdown??

Windows NT 4.0.
Again, thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown.55152/
Relevancy 50.31%

Every now and then my computer switches off and I get an error message.
Today it's happened to me at least 6 times since I've been on it.
Here's the problem:
It's usually when I'm using LimeWire, recieving files over MSN or sometimes just for no reason at all.
I get a BSOD which says:

"Auto Shutdown

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This may be due to a possible hardware change, blah, blah, blah.

Begining dump of physical memory

Dumping physical memory to disk 0-100"

Where I've put "0-100", is my computer counting upwards from 0 to 100.
And where I get the message "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", it is sometimes "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

Does anybody know what the problem might be?

Cliffy.

A:Auto shutdown

Good Morning Cliffy, that problem can be caused by an overheating processor or a memory error amongst other things. (lots of other things)

A good starting place is to obtain and run Everest Home, go to Computer > Sensors page during the kind of period where this problem happens or during some system stressing activity, cut and paste the sensors page Voltage and temp info. (back here)
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

A second thing you can do is obtain Memtest86, make a bootable media with it and run it for several hours. Accept no errors.
http://www.memtest.org/

If neither of these ustilities gives a clue you are still in front because you have tested those items.

Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown.484069/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello. I just upgrade a fairly old Compaq PC (6 years old) from Windows 98 to XP Home. The machine used to shut off whenever I used "shut down," but now I just get a screen saying that Windows has shutdown and it is safe to turn of the computer. Does anyone know any tweaks that can have to machine shut down by itself? Thanks for any info.

A:Auto shutdown w/ XP?

Take a look at these sites.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/auto-shutdown-w-xp-30930.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Can someone tell me how to shut off the auto shutdown? My daughter has a problem with it and it keeps shutting down before she can do anything to find out what is wrong.

Relevancy 50.31%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes H WINNT System smss exe H WINNT system winlogon exe H WINNT system services exe H WINNT HJT shutdown Auto log system lsass exe H Auto shutdown HJT log WINNT system svchost exe H WINNT system LEXBCES EXE H WINNT system spoolsv exe H WINNT system LEXPPS EXE H WINNT System svchost exe H WINNT system Auto shutdown HJT log hidserv exe H WINNT system nvsvc exe H WINNT system pctspk exe H Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe H Program Files Verizon Online WinPoET WrOS EXE H WINNT System dmadmin exe H WINNT Explorer EXE H Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe H WINNT System spool drivers w x Auto shutdown HJT log hpztsb exe H Program Files QuickTime qttask exe H Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe H Program Files ClamWin bin ClamTray exe H Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe H Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE H Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe O - HKLM Run Smapp quot H Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe quot O - HKLM Run a-winpoet-service quot H Program Files Verizon Online WinPoET winpppoverethernet exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz quot nwiz exe quot install O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility H WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run CountrySelection pctptt exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot H Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot H Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe quot startintray O - HKLM Run ClamWin quot H Program Files ClamWin bin ClamTray exe quot --logon O - HKLM Run WinampAgent H Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run WordPerfect Office quot H Program Files WordPerfect Office Programs Registration exe quot title quot WordPerfect Office quot date serial wa wrx- -hmd lang EN O - HKCU Run SFP quot H Program Files Common Files Verizon Online SFP vzSFPWin EXE quot O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk H Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk H Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - H Program Files AIM aim exe O - AppInit DLLs H WINNT system hlp dll O - Winlogon Notify nwprovau - H WINNT SYSTEM nwprovau dll O - Winlogon Notify WRNotifier - H WINNT SYSTEM WRLogonNTF dll O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - H WINNT System dmadmin exe O - Service LexBce Server LexBceS - Lexmark International Inc - H WINNT system LEXBCES EXE O - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - H WINNT system nvsvc exe O - Service W K PCtel speaker phone Pctspk - PCtel Inc - H WINNT system pctspk exe O - Service Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine WebrootSpySweeperService - Webroot Software Inc - H Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe O - Service WinPPPoverEthernet - iVasion a Routerware Company - H Program Files Verizon Online WinPoET WrOS EXE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown-hjt-log.494662/
Relevancy 50.31%

Am using windows 7 operating system with 1gb ram(two 512mb). when i turn on my pc and use any application or do something it shutdowns automatically i dont know why i have removed the RAM and cleaned it and inserted it still the problem is same and i have checked two fans are working properly can anyone help me in this issue

A:pc auto shutdown

Am using windows 7 operating system with 1gb ram(two 512mb)Click to expand...

What's the brand name and model name and model number of your computer?
What Windows version did it originally come with?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-auto-shutdown.1169949/
Relevancy 50.31%

We bought new Gateway ZX4000 Windows 7 Premium 64-Bit for our grandson's birthday. We are having so many complications with Win7.
We were using the computer and then we went downstairs to eat and when we came back, the computer was turned OFF. Is this something new with this desktop (All-In-One)? Does it turn off by itself? We noticed the Hibernate mode was turned OFF (marked - Never).
Is there any way to stop this? I believe this All-In-One (touch screen, etc.) is configured like a laptop.

A:Auto shutdown

Was it off or in standby?

If no settings for a scheduled shut-off are active, I'd say that Windows 7 is not your problem--the computer is.

What other sorts of "problems" have you had? The machine may shut down by itself if it overheated.

You shouldn't have problems with a new machine. As painful as it may be to the grandson, get your money's worth and make them make it work right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown.892025/
Relevancy 50.31%

16th May 2016.Dear Dell Forum Members & Support,We have an existing and very reliable Dell Precision 490 with a Single Intel Xeon 5060 (Dual Core, 3.2GHz,1066MHz) system.The system is currently running Bios Version A08 (04/25/08)

Can it be upgraded to Two (2) Intel Xeon Quad Core Processors, and if so, can a list of the compatiable processors be supplied ?

e.g. Xeon X5460 (Quad-Core, 3.16 GHz, 1333MHz) etc.

Thank you for your time & patience.With kindest regards.GEM CNC Systems.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974583
Relevancy 49.88%

My Intel HD 4600 graphics puts 3 little apps to be started automatically. I know they are related to:
intercepting hotkeys - hkcmd.exedisplaying tray icon - igfxtray.exedisplaying settings GUI - igfxpers.exe
The thing is that I don't use hotkeys and have disabled them in Intel Graphics options, I've also removed Intel Graphics icon from the tray.

Thus, I'd expect the first two Intel apps to be removed from items set to auto-start at system bootup. However, they are still there. Is it correct? Shouldn't they be disabled when related functions are turned off?

Is it safe to simply delete the related registry entries and leave only the last app?

A:Intel graphics auto-start apps

You can disable them all in task manager - I did. Or delete the entries.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/53804-intel-graphics-auto-start-apps.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello

I got a strange problem on a friends computer:

Crashes randomly and it also crashed on visiting Intel Auto identifying tool before I knew he had AMD, but still.
That tool can start but crashes way before it even finishes.

Can someone take a look on the log files and see what's up with those crazy bsod's.
I'm not sure but I think it's a windows update maybe thing that have gone wrong...

Thank you kindly.

A:intel auto driver update BSOD

Inteldriver.exe loaded cpudrv.sys and generated an exception. The exception was caused because the driver attempted to execute a 64-bit instruction on a 32-bit system.

1: kd> u 9ad8c674
cpudrv+0x674:
9ad8c674 0f32 rdmsr <-- Crash
9ad8c676 8955fc mov dword ptr [ebp-4],edx
9ad8c679 8945f8 mov dword ptr [ebp-8],eax
9ad8c67c 61 popad
9ad8c67d 8b45fc mov eax,dword ptr [ebp-4]
9ad8c680 8b4d0c mov ecx,dword ptr [ebp+0Ch]
9ad8c683 8901 mov dword ptr [ecx],eax
9ad8c685 8b45f8 mov eax,dword ptr [ebp-8]

Recommendation: Don't run a 64-bit Intel driver on a 32-bit AMD CPU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325125-intel-auto-driver-update-bsod.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So I rebooted the win7 workstation went to login to it normally with the users credentials and it acts like its a new user login everything is default all pst's, docs, favs, everything is gone . If you browse the windows explorer you can see there are other similar profiles that it looks like used to be . What would happen if I tried to rename a user in Active directory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-workstation-on-domain-network-rebooted-workstation-and-login-is-all-gone-572631.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Every once in a while I need to run something on my computer, but I don't have the time for it. I've been thinking that I can run this while I sleep, but I'm also conscientious about power consumption. I would like to be able to run something like chkdsk and have the computer turn itself off once it boots into Windows. Also, at times, I want to run a backup or a defrag (with 3rd party software) and it takes so long, but I want to be able to shutdown the system after that program is done running. Can I accomplish these?

A:Auto shutdown script

Hey Silvergoat!

First of all, I do not recommend installing softwares for every need! Windows has so many features that most users do not even know about. If you want a software to so this for you, Auto Shutdown will help. I have not personally tried this.

What I would do is use Window's built-in Task Scheduler for this purpose. If you're not sure how to do this, just click here.

And, for a deragmentation software, you can use Smart Defrag, it has a built-in shut down after completion option, if you insist on 3rd party software that is.

Hope I have been of some assistance.
Take care.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/auto-shutdown-script-648138.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My windows shutdown automatically. The problem appeared just after I connected iPod but it has now become common. Now my windows shutdown even if the iPod is not connected. I even reinstalled my Windows 7 but the problem not solved. It proves that it is not a software problem, it should be hardware problem. What can be reasons? Overheating? PSU?

PS: It generally shutdown when I play any game or I install any software. It shutdown without giving any message, it doesn't restart it just shutdown.

I am quite annoyed of this problem as I can't save any document and all the data is lost when system shutdowns. So please help, I will be very thankful. Thanks in advance

A:Windows Auto Shutdown - Help

This is probably because of the CPU overheating, as you mentioned it's when you're playing a game or installing software, both which takes quite alot.

I'd check the heat on your computer, on everything from CPU to the motherboard.
If the CPU is 55C>, get some cooling paste.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/77448-windows-auto-shutdown-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i facing one problem, everytime i boot up windows, the system will pop up a shutdown countdown dialog then will shutdown automatically. i already try run "shutdown -a", it will solve for few days, then problem will come again....any solution?

A:auto shutdown problem

Which version of Windows XP are you running? Which Service Pack?To know about this Open Start Menu > Run and type winver and press EnterWin XP SP1 and older had a security hole, that allowed a remote hacker to shutdown your PC in this manner. You may have to apply latest SP.Some worms like Blaster can cause your system to go on a restart loop like this. You may need to scan your computer for viruses.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219844/auto-shutdown-problem/
Relevancy 49.88%

I try to install W7 on acer aspire 5536 but when i get windows loading files or when i need to press any key to start up the windows install it just shutdown. Now it has vista installed. What could be the problem? On acer website it says that it's compatible with W7

A:auto shutdown when i try to install W7

Are you doing an in-place upgrade, or a clean install??

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141352-auto-shutdown-when-i-try-install-w7.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Thanks to everyone for the help on my earlier thread I replaced the CPU and mobo upgrades ftw and now I m able to power-up and get into BIOS My new problem is that the computer powers down suddenly without warning after being on for less than minutes after Auto-shutdown minutes 1-2 CPU Intel Core Duo E Mobo EVGA nForce i SLI A RAM Auto-shutdown after 1-2 minutes OCZ GB DDR OCZ N SR GK Auto-shutdown after 1-2 minutes GPU EVGA Auto-shutdown after 1-2 minutes GT -P -N -T HD WD GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s WD YS OD Sony DVD Burner AW-Q A-B PSU Apevia W ATX-CW WP Case XION II XON- Mid Tower All of the fans including the one attached to the CPU s heatsink are moving It s on for such a short amount of time that I doubt it s heat related Would it be not enough power The mobo recommends an -pin V connection but accepts a -pin I m not running SLI I have hardly any components Is it just power hungry maybe UPDATE After checking the forums over at EVGA I removed the heatsink reapplied thermal paste and reinstalled the heatsink It s been on for minutes now and I m finally installing windows Wish me luck nbsp

A:Auto-shutdown after 1-2 minutes

I installed a heatsink once and forgot to remove the protective tape. Be sure you didn't do that.

If not properly cooled, a CPU can overheat in as little as one- or two seconds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown-after-1-2-minutes.566742/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi guys, first post here and here's the problem.

I got a laptop which is basically two months old. And yesterday while I was having a meeting, the laptop shut itself down automatically after about 15 minutes. Then I head to library and switch it on, it works perfectly fine for about an hour until it shuts down again. Both cases happened under air-conditioned environment.

I sent it to the computer shop to have it checked and they told me that they switched it on for the whole day without experiencing any auto shut down.

And today, I brought it back and was using it for about two hours then the screen flickered one time.

GPU temperature was about 35 degree celcius. Then it raised up to 55-65 in about three hours.

May I know what's the problem I'm experiencing here?

A:Laptop auto shutdown

It sounds like the video card either has a defect or has a problem with cooling. If you look through the system logs it may give a hint if that is what causes all the shutdowns.

If you download NirLauncher it has several log viewers including event logs. Easiest way to find stuff is click on All Utilities and do a Control f search for "crash."

It is free and handy to have in any case.

Edit: also this may be helpful:
What information appears in event logs? (Event Viewer) - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64174-laptop-auto-shutdown.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two computers both running Win 98 one computer shuts all the way down but the other stops at a message that it is safe to shut down. How can I set it to shut down auto.?

A:auto shutdown of windows

There are several bugs in windows that can cause that. MS even has a few patches for it. Sometimes a peice of HW is not telling the OS it's done, example, a CD in a CDROM.

Also, some programs can hang at shutdown, like Norten or McAffee.

Only thing constant, when the HD is finished, it's OK to shut down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown-of-windows.35346/
Relevancy 49.88%

My older pc with Win XP pro, when shutting down, has the message "it is now safe to turn off your computer" and waits for me to turn it off. Can I get rid of this and have it turn off automatically? I have looked in the setup and power settings, but don't see what I need to change it.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,
Have a new problem that just started today. Whenever I boot up my PC I get an error "too many USB devices connected, computer will shutdown in 15 seconds." I've tried disconnecting literally every USB device from the computer and I'm still getting this error. It's an all in one acer that is only a few months old. Any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks in advance for your help!

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi i have just bought a gb ram recently Conflict ShutDown !!! RAM AUTO n when i slot it with my old ram the cpu will crash whenever i RAM Conflict !!! AUTO ShutDown play games Both ram works perfectly fine when it is run alone but crashes when both were slotted Here are the stats of my pc below OLD RAM Type DDR-SDRAM PC- MHz - DDR- Size MB rows banks NEW RAM Type DDR-SDRAM PC- MHz - DDR- Size MB rows banks PROCESSOR Type Intel Pentium D Internal Specification Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz Codename SmithField Revision B Technology CPU ID F CPU IDEx F Microcode MU F Number of Logical Processors Number of Physical Processors VIDEO CARD Manufacturer Nvidia Corp Model GeForce FX NV Bus Type AGP Total Memory MB Texture Memory MB Processor GeForce FX Converter Integrated RAMDAC Refresh Rate min max Hz MOBO General Information Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MSI Product PM M -V Model MS- Version Serial Number Support MP Yes CPU s Version MPS Chassis Information Manufacturer Unspecified Type Desktop Version Unspecified Serial Number Unspecified Asset Unspecified Sensor Information Monitoring Chip Winbond W EHF EHG Slots Information Slot PCI Available -bit v Slot PCI In Use -bit v Slot PCI Available -bit v Slot PCI In Use -bit v Slot AGP In Use -bit v External Connectors Serial Compatible DB- male Serial Compatible DB- male Parallel ECP EPP DB female Keyboard PS Mouse PS Internal Connectors PRIMARY IDE On Board IDE SECONDARY IDE On Board IDE FDD On Board Floppy COM Pin Dual Inline pin cut COM Pin Dual Inline pin cut LPT DB female Keyboard PS PS Mouse PS Please help me This problem is giving me tons of headache nbsp

A:RAM Conflict !!! AUTO ShutDown

Hi there,

I think it's safe to say you are using RAM modules that are from two seperate manufacturers? If this is the case, then this is probably why you are getting these errors/crashes. You are better off selling the old module and purchasing a new one from the exact same manufacturer and model - pref. a model of the same year to rule out chip differences (which too can cause intermittent issues).

This is the only way you can get out of this pickle.

Nick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-conflict-auto-shutdown.604479/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I am getting the following BSOD Code STOP x xfffffa e xfffff fe dc xffffffffc a x The PC is automatically restarting with no BSOD screen or warning It happens completely randomly Please see at which drivers are failing Code dxgkrnl sys dxgkrnl sys d fffff fffff x f x fa d AM Microsoft Windows Operating System DirectX Graphics Kernel winblue gdr - Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system drivers dxgkrnl sys dxgmms sys dxgmms sys f c fffff fffff bd x x dc PM Microsoft Windows Operating System DirectX Graphics MMS winblue gdr - Microsoft Corporation C Shutdown Auto 0x00000116 WINDOWS system drivers dxgmms sys nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm sys a dc fffff f d fffff e x c 0x00000116 Auto Shutdown x b bc AM NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation C WINDOWS system drivers nvlddmkm sys I am quite confused on why I am getting this BSOD as I have reinstalled the GPU drivers with a clean install from Nvidia Any idea on what to do here Would maybe a reinstall of DirectX help here Gigabyte GA-Z X-D H Intel i 0x00000116 Auto Shutdown - OC to GHz with Cooler Master V CPU cooler EVGA GTX Ti G Skill GB x GB XFX W

A:0x00000116 Auto Shutdown

Not really the bumping type but the issue is quite annoying to deal with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/0x00000116-auto-shutdown-790250.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a system that was self made, has been just fine operationally most of the time. Last year had operational issues, had bad memory and was fixed. Has been just fine for more than a year and now it is just auto shut down and trying to reboot. I am running WindowsXP. It won't finish rebooting, just goes to the screen that tells you to reboot from disk and can't get it to do anything from there. A few times it has gotten to a blue screen with stop messages...bad_pool_caller, 0xc2,0x07,0xcd4,0x02,0x801808A0,0x8E,0x05,0x8060F358,0xBA4CB92C,0x00. Today I got it to safe mode and not quit sure what to do from there. I then got it to completely boot up to the everyday desk top and ran some Norton utilities with no problems and then SHUT DOWN and Reboot to the reboot from CD screen again HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Microsoft won't help without a fee. The class instructor( gonna have to hurt him )for the build bought OEM software for Windows.. so no free support from Microsoft.Can't contact class instructor, he fixed the memory problem, he is no longer a teacher there.I may contact the school and make them fix it no matter who is there !! I am tired of having issues every year or so.

A:Auto shutdown..won't reboot HELP!!!

Stop 0xC2 or BAD_POOL_CALLER - The Stop 0xC2 message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations in the following ways:
By allocating a memory pool size of zero bytes.
By allocating a memory pool that does not exist.
By attempting to free a memory pool that is already free.
By allocating or freeing a memory pool at an IRQL that was too high.

This Stop message is typically due to a faulty driver or software.
you can find this and more at
http://www.theeldergeek.com/stop_error_messages.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown-wont-reboot-help.194023/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok, my Win2k3 is getting to my nerves now. When ever i leave it alone for about 30 - 45 min, it turns it self off, thats all i know

Relevancy 49.88%

Here is my Hijackthis log The latest versions of Malwarebytes and AVG do not find anything on this pc Randomly the user will get a popup stating quot This system is shutting down Any unsaved - log does shutdown PC Hijackthis auto an changes will be lost This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly quot By using a quot shutdown -a quot command prompt the user can override the shutdown Any ideas Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Hijackthis log - PC does an auto shutdown Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Hijackthis log - PC does an auto shutdown Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Hosts localhostO - Hosts awareremover microsoft comO - Hosts awareremover comO - Hosts www awareremover comO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe quot starttrayO - HKCU Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctf... Read more

A:Hijackthis log - PC does an auto shutdown

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290229/hijackthis-log-pc-does-an-auto-shutdown/
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently my PC has begun shutting down on its own, at about the same time daily. I have seen this problem both before my upgrade to Windows 10 (from Win 7) and after. I have looked but cannot find any task commands set but I'm not a tech savvy user. I imagine that there is a "log" somewhere that might help (?). I'll be happy to supply whatever specs you need if you can guide me. Can you help, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unwanted-auto-shutdown.1166345/
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently my PC has begun shutting down on its own, at about the same time daily. I have seen this problem both before my upgrade to Windows 10 (from Win 7) and after. I have looked but cannot find any task commands set but I'm not a tech savvy user. I imagine that there is a "log" somewhere that might help (?). I'll be happy to supply whatever specs you need if you can guide me. Can you help, please?

A:Unwanted auto shutdown

Please download and save FRST 64bit or FRST 32 bit to your Desktop.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST.exe

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST64.exe

Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Make sure that Addition option is checked.
Press Scan button.
It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
Please copy and paste log back .
The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe).

Make sure you post both logs please

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128716-unwanted-auto-shutdown.html
Relevancy 49.88%

laptop auto shutdown I have this acer aspire for almost 2 years and recently having a random shutdowns. I already scanned my laptop from viruses and malware I've used avg, avast, spybot, malwarebytes but I found nothing. also I am having this weird issue when I am playing this game heroes of newrth my laptop doesn't shutdown it is very weird, also my laptop doesn't shutdown when I let the monitor off by doing nothing. additional to this, almost all of the time when I turn it on it suddenly turn off again for no reason. i think its not over heating

A:laptop auto shutdown

closing duplicate, please do not create duplicate threads for the same issue. Original post is at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/1066990-laptop-auto-shutdown.html .

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-auto-shutdown.1066991/
Relevancy 49.88%

Well, I recently got my new computer running..It boots for a good 15 seconds and I am able to reach the bios for a few seconds but then it shutsoff..it shuts off everytime after a few seconds. I tried 2 differnet powersupply's both are 420w and fairly new. I also get an error saying:

ERROR overclocking Cmos settings round press delete to enter setup and change settings (something like that)

I tried resetting my cmos to no avail..

PLease help!

A:HELP! with my Auto-Shutdown Computer

try to reset your bios, depending on your mobo there should be a jumper next to the battery if not pull the battery for 15 seconds or so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-my-auto-shutdown-computer.70096/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi problems Auto-shutdown My computer has developed a taste for switching itself onto standby about minutes after I boot it up I have a AMD Mhz processor with gb hard drive over remains free ram running Auto-shutdown problems a Windows XP Pro S operating system I have never encountered this problem before I have run three different virus programs on the computer but nothing has shown I have also checked msconfig to see if the computer has any strange new startup processes it shouldnt have but nothing there either So now im stuck as to why the computer is doing this Once ive re-started from turning itself off it can be problematic and time consuming to get it up again but once it is it doesnt switch off again for the whole time its on But once i shut down and restart later it does it again Any ideas guys the only one i have left is to take the case off remove any dust that might me shorting something and give that a try nbsp

A:Auto-shutdown problems

Please don't post duplicate threads

stick with this thread please...http://forums.techguy.org/t379605.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown-problems.379607/
Relevancy 49.88%

Until Recently, I was able to shut down my comp or log in to my user account without a problem. But as of recently, a command prompt saying "shutdown -t 00 -s -f" pops up, and shuts down all my startup programs, and shuts down my comp.its constantly happens, and now, I have to click it shut fast enough to keep my comp from shutting down. What should I do?

Relevancy 49.88%

I have this acer aspire for almost 2 years and recently having a random shutdowns. I already scanned my laptop from viruses and malware I've used avg, avast, spybot, malwarebytes but I found nothing. also I am having this weird issue when I am playing this game heroes of newrth my laptop doesn't shutdown it is very weird, also my laptop doesn't shutdown when I let the monitor off by doing nothing. additional to this, almost all of the time when I turn it on it suddenly turn off again for no reason. i think its not over heating

A:laptop auto shutdown

define 'random'......I'd also download SIW from http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.php (free link is on the bottom of the page) and install that. That will show some temps.

Also, start > run > eventvwr.msc > enter > that will open your event log. Right click and empty both the application and system folders (they show up like explorer panes) and the next time it crashes, let us know. We'll tell you how to get the data off.

Finally, is it blue screening when it crashes, or just powering off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-auto-shutdown.1066990/
Relevancy 49.88%

Once in a while my XP machine would auto shutdown immediately after booting up. I would log in to Windows and if I didn't wait for all the services to start it would go through the shutdown process and power off. Now it is doing it every single time, even if I don't login. After 30 seconds or so it will popup a window with "Windows is now shutting down". I can boot into safe mode with out a problem. I checked MSCONFIG and stopped everything I didn't need from starting up, but the problem continues. There are no errors on startup, chkdsk, etc, so I don't think it is a hardware issue. It appears to be some service that is starting up. I suspect it might be the TrippLite PowerAlert software that I had installed to manage my UPS. This software has never worked properly and I had recently uninstalled it.

A:[SOLVED] XP Pro auto shutdown

go to COntrol Panel > Power Options > check the settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-pro-auto-shutdown-289355.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Does anyone know how to set a time daily for ytour computer to shutdown all the way, or after a certain period of time without use?

I have a computer and people share it at home but always leave it on. I like to shutdown to clear all the mem etc and disconnect threats from the internet.

I use Windows XP Pro.

I am looking for a tweak or a program (free if possible!) that will do this.

REGARDS

A:Auto Computer Shutdown

Do a Search at PCworld .com or ZDnet.com. both of these sites do tests /reviews etc. They will warn for Adware in Free apps and their direct Downloads are clean.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/auto-computer-shutdown.29370/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello there I've a Pentium-III PC which I used for a basic work and normal internet surfing I've encounter lots of problems as below When I switch on my PC its always hang after a few minutes I've to restart my PC again then it will back as normal Sometimes my PC will auto shutdown I have no idea what caused that When I shut down my PC usually the message 'saving your setting' seems auto etc... plus hang, shutdown, to display longer than usually Aprox - minutes Is it normal My PC clock seems incorrect I've corrected so many times and when I switch on m PC hang, auto shutdown, plus etc... the clock is incorrect again Is it something to do with the cell battery Before I posted this thread I've done the basic steps as suggested by the admin I've also enable all the startup list in msconfig Please let me know if there is anything that I should do Below is the log of 'HijackThis' from my PC Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system savedump exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http localhost johorfc index asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext ftp O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run winupdates C Program Files winupdates winupdates exe auto O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft WinsUpdate wzkeecl exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com reso an oscan cab O - DPF AF F -A C - D -BF C- B FCC AcDcToday Control - file C Program Files AutoCAD AcDcToday ocx O - DPF AE -B F - D -A - FDFD NOXLATE-BANR - file C Program Files AutoCAD InstBanr ocx O - DPF C - D- D -AE A- BD InstaFred - file C Program Files AutoCAD InstFred ocx O - DPF F A C- B - D - - BD AcPreview Control - file C Program Files AutoCAD AcPreview ocx ... Read more

A:hang, auto shutdown, plus etc...

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Download and install Ewido http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Double-click the Ewido icon on your desktop to run it.
On the top of the main screen click Shield. Click the word active to change it to inactive.
On the top of the main screen click 'Update'. Then click on 'Start update'. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can get the manual update at http://download.ewido.net/ewido-sign...ll-current.exe
When you have finished updating, exit Ewido.

Download CleanUp! http://cleanup.stevengould.org/ (Alternate Link if main link don't work - http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/CleanUp.exe ) and install it. Don't run it yet.

Download Brute Force Uninstaller http://www.merijn.org/files/bfu.zip and unzip it to it’s own folder (c:\BFU).

Run the program and click the Web button located on the top right corner.

Copy and paste the below web address into the address bar of the Download script window:

http://metallica.geekstogo.com/alcanshorty.bfu

Checkmark the following boxes:
Use settings specified in script for the above option.
Show log after script ends.
Execute the script by clicking the Execute button.

When it finishes running, click the Save button for a copy of the log. Post the log created by the script when you have completed the fix.

Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode (if you don't know how, go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...howtutorial=61 ).

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following if they still exist and hit 'Fix Checked' after you check the last one:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust...ch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust...ch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdates] C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft WinsUpdate] wzkeecl.exe

Locate and delete the following:

wzkeecl.exe

CleanUp! deletes EVERYTHING out of your temp/temporary folders. It does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any Temporary Folders, make a backup of these before running CleanUp!. Run CleanUp! and click on the CleanUp! button. Let it run. After it's done, click the Close button and choose Yes to logoff.

Make sure all windows are closed. Run Ewido.
Click 'Scanner'. Then click 'Complete System Scan' to begin scanning.
When the scan is complete click 'Recommended Action' and change it to 'Quarantine'.
Then click 'Apply all actions'.
Once finished, click the 'Save report' button. Then click 'Save Report As' and save it to your desktop.

Restart your computer to get back to Normal Mode. Post the Ewido report and a new HijackThis log here.

See if those problems are still there now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hang-auto-shutdown-plus-etc-106600.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Just wondering how do I turn off the shutdown that has the "Whatever" has been interrupted, please save all work as the computer is shutting down. Then it has a timer. My computer never does this but my friends has been having problems. How can I turn it off?

A:How to turn off Auto shutdown

Usually thats a virus, so maybe do a virus scan?

Do a free online virus scan at housecall.trendmicro.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-turn-off-auto-shutdown.329438/
Relevancy 49.88%

hy tech guy forumm...ihave a little problem..today my hp laptop shutdown auto....its happen forst time....its shut down twice at same time..its never happen before plz tell me what is the problem...n my hard driver making noise...its start 3 month agoo...my hard is going well..so guys any solution

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/harddrive-shutdown-auto.979453/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,
I'm looking for a program that will power up and shut-down my pc at specific times. Anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers

A:Auto shutdown and startup

Hi wpickett,

On some computers there is an option in the BIOS to start computer and to shutdown you can always schedule shutdown.exe to run at a specific time.

Task Scheduler - Create New Task

I actually have a batch file with the following code in and i have just got Windows task schedule to run it.

Code:
shutdown -s -t 00
Just paste the above code into a text document and save the file as .bat
Note - Change the file type to All Types:

Regards,
JDobbsy1987

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/115004-auto-shutdown-startup.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I bought an Asus K S laptop about months ago and recently I went to msconfig and disabled some startup programes Three of them were Intel R Common User Interface quot C Windows system igfxpers exe quot quot igfxtray exe quot quot hkcmd exe quot What I basically did was unchecking those Intel items as I already have Nvidia running in startup I then enabled it back again and now it won't run in startup Intel startup disable HD at Graphics 3000 auto eventhough it is Intel HD Graphics 3000 auto disable at startup marked in msconfig I cannot view the Intel icon in the taskbar as I used to see it before I can only see the green Nvidia icon The first time I reboot the pc I could only see a transparent Intel icon I right clicked it and hit quot Exit quot Then in the second time I reboot the icon didn't show eventhought it was enabled in msconfig Also before I disabled them and enabled them back again Windows Update installed an Intel update I would be extremely appreciated if anyone could help me with this problem Rgrds conhaqu

A:Intel HD Graphics 3000 auto disable at startup

Check your notification area and see if the icon is just disabled from showing. Right click open area of taskbar, select properties, then select customize tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276430-intel-hd-graphics-3000-auto-disable-startup.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So after an annoying issue with my AMD Radeon HD M Reverting to installer Intel VGA, auto not complete Standard will card and PSU causing a huge issue where my laptop wouldn't boot past Reverting to Standard VGA, Intel auto installer will not complete quot Starting Windows quot except in safe mode I finally got it working by reformatting with a clean Windows x install and not installing the AMD drivers using the I'm assuming on board Intel HD After running all Reverting to Standard VGA, Intel auto installer will not complete of the updates for Windows and updating all drivers specifically the Intel one the laptop was working in top shape with basically all functionality playing games included Several days ago my Reverting to Standard VGA, Intel auto installer will not complete boss installed Office on my laptop and in doing so screwed up the graphics again possibly after installing a service pack for office x bit version while I run x Now where it should say quot Intel quot in device manager for my display adapter it has reverted to Standard VGA adapter and graphics look like safe mode In the driver details it says Intel Corporation Date and Version Windows update tells me this is the most recent driver version most recent available from Samsung my laptop's manufacturer maybe and I've tried running the Intel auto install but it fails and closes Samsung also does not offer an Intel graphics driver for my laptop on Windows only on XP I've tried restoring to a point before the Office install and no change to the graphics In the many fixes I've attempted it was at one point showing Standard VGA with the and reporting that the computer could not verify the digital signature giving quot Code quot I've also now got two quot unknown quot devices both from Intel wifi and bluetooth which have also begun giving me issues Seems like everything is falling apart Poking around I found this tutorial but I'm not sure if A that's the correct info for my set up if I use the Intel drivers and B it will help solve my issue at all Any help What on earth is going on here On a side note how feasible is it to upgrade replace a PSU on a laptop

A:Reverting to Standard VGA, Intel auto installer will not complete

Hi Could you Please Post your System Specs ... The Link below will help you achieve this ...

System Info - See Your System Specs
Also what is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/350558-reverting-standard-vga-intel-auto-installer-will-not-complete.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My Gateway LX - has a plethora of issues which has lead to my decision auto How overheating? to to due shutdown disable to replace it Since my new machine won't arrive for a few weeks I'm stuck using this one till it does I've had issues with overheating and the machine shuts down in as little as - minutes of doing anything more graphically challenging than checking my email or writing this post I want to disable the auto shutdown feature so I can actually watch an entire movie or perhaps even play a game Since I dont How to disable auto shutdown due to overheating? really care about How to disable auto shutdown due to overheating? damaging the machine with a new one on the way I just need the most effective way to do this I've searched through my BIOS settings and haven't found anything relating to overheating or temperatures If someone knows of maybe a hidden or quot locked quot BIOS feature or one I'm missing or even a solution with software or in Vista that would be great Again just wanted to say I'm not worried about damage to the machine I just need it to stop shutting down on me when it gets alittle warm

A:How to disable auto shutdown due to overheating?

Originally Posted by Kenn213

My Gateway LX6810-01 has a plethora of issues which has lead to my decision to replace it. Since my new machine won't arrive for a few weeks, I'm stuck using this one till it does. I've had issues with overheating and the machine shuts down, in as little as 5-10 minutes of doing anything more graphically challenging than checking my email or writing this post.

I want to disable the auto shutdown feature so I can actually watch an entire movie, or perhaps even play a game. Since I dont really care about damaging the machine with a new one on the way, I just need the most effective way to do this. I've searched through my BIOS settings and haven't found anything relating to overheating, or temperatures. If someone knows of maybe a hidden, or "locked" BIOS feature, or one I'm missing, or even a solution in Vista, or with software would be great.

Again, just wanted to say I'm not worried about damage to the machine, I just need it to stop shutting down on me when it gets alittle warm.

as far as im aware, there is no option to disable the auto shutdown..... its hardwired into the board, if your rigs overheating there is no option which will allow you to fry your components..

the reason it cuts out is b/c 1 or more components has reached its thermal threshold & simply cant function...

maybe you could look at the fan config within your case, what knid of setup are you currently running..??
SK

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234609-how-disable-auto-shutdown-due-overheating.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Motherboard GA-M MT-S P Power supply including Auto OS loading Shutdown/Reboot while wattage Thermaltake w TT- NL NK CPU processor AMD Phenom II Dual Core RAM Patriot G Series stick GB DDR MHz PG G EL Graphics card GeForce GT GB DDR Sound card if any onboard audio Operating System Windows XP Pro Sp HDD Seagate Barracuda Green TB New HDD MediaMax TB WL GSA Auto Shutdown/Reboot while loading OS I don t recall making Auto Shutdown/Reboot while loading OS any recent software or hardware changes Have had several successful shut down and Auto Shutdown/Reboot while loading OS boot ups I recently shut my PC down for the night and restarted it the next day and while loading the OS The system hangs and then a brief flash of BSOD and quickly reboots I ve tried booting into safe mode and safe mood with command prompt and each time it hangs and reboots After reading many possibilities I started trying to trouble shoot I removed all external USB devices and quot extras quot leaving only a mouse and keyboard plugged in and still the problem persists I ve removed the graphics card and enabled the onboard video and problem still persists I ve put in my windows xp disk and attempted automated recovery but it asks for a floppy disk that I do not have So Thinking that my hard drive had finally bit the dust I ordered a new HDD installed Operating system went through entire setup process and first boot Yep same problem the flash of BSOD is so fast if you blink you will literally miss it I pulled out my Digital Camera and Recorded it played it frame by frame and came up with a pic that I ll attach Best I can read is the Stop Code X B XBACC XC X X I ve looked it up and it seems like every post I ve found is something different with this code Any Input would be greatly appreciated Thanks Asmo nbsp

A:Auto Shutdown/Reboot while loading OS

So the new Media Max hard drive not the green Seagate fails too? Seagate green? Don't you mean Western Digital green. What is Media Max? Why XP in this day and age? Theres no worst drive produced than the green WD drives... Blue WD comes close though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/auto-shutdown-reboot-while-loading-os.217842/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I have to shutdown the windows xp system at particular time.Here I try to use schedule task.But this system login password changes for every 7 days.If this is the case, every 7 days the password of schedule task also will need to change manually.

Is there any alternative way to schedule the system shutdown without depending system login password?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-shutdown-windows-xp-system.781441/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm facing a serious problem here. while i was using my com, my com will suddenly shut down without any warning. Izit my com over heat or insufficient RAM? My RAM is 512.

A:Windows Auto Shutdown Without Warning.

I don't know that a computer would shut down from insuffecient RAM. Defective RAM perhaps. But let's come back to that issue later, as there are more probable causes to your issue.Overheating? Yes, sure could be. One clue that you often get (but not always) is the computer will slow down just as it is overheating, and just before it shuts down.You would do well to follow the advice in the following tutorial: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/Also please tell us if you have overclocked your CPU.Usually when XP automatically reboots it is because Windows recieved an error. We need to make a change to a setting on your computer so we can find out exactly what the error is.Go to:Start > right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings and uncheck Automatically Restart. Now when Windows receives an error it will show you a blue screen.Now when you receive a blue screen the computer will pause on it and you will have to reboot manually.The 'Blue Screen of Death' (or BSOD) is refered to by Microsoft as a Stop Message. They can occur for many reasons. In order to diagnose it's cause we need as much info as you can give about the stop message. Please write it down and post it back here the next time it happens. In particular, it helps to have the somewhat cryptic series of numbers about half way down the blue screen that have this sort of format:0x0000008E (Followed by four other sets of numbers in parenthesis.) It is also helpful to know the answers to these questions:What are you doing when this happens (are you on line, starting the computer, etc).Does it always happen at the same time?Is it always the same message, or is it a different set of numbers each time?Have you added any hardware or software lately?Are you experiencing any other buggy behavior from this computer (such as it runs slower than it used to, etc)?Please complete all the steps above and report back with answers to all the questions above.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71188/windows-auto-shutdown-without-warning/
Relevancy 49.45%

After format it still show lsass exe explorer exe or shutdown in second screenLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd Auto System32/lsass.exe Shutdown exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Acer Notebook Manager almxptray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files Launch System32/lsass.exe Auto Shutdown Manager LaunchAp exeC Program Files Launch System32/lsass.exe Auto Shutdown Manager PowerKey exeC Program Files Launch Manager HotkeyApp exeC Program Files Launch Manager OSD exeC Program Files Launch Manager CtrlVol exeC Program Files Launch Manager Wbutton exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exeC WINDOWS System conime exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Toolbar amp R - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run LaunchApp LaunAppO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run AcerNotebookManager C Program Files Acer Notebook Manager almxptray exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run LaunchAp C Program Files Launch Manager LaunchAp exeO - HKLM Run PowerKey quot C Program Files Launch Manager PowerKey exe quot O - HKLM Run LManager C Program Files Launch Manager HotkeyApp exeO - HKLM Run LMgrOSD C Program Files Launch Manager OSD exeO - HKLM Run CtrlVol C Program Files Launch Manager CtrlVol exeO - HKLM Run Wbutton quot C Program Files Launch Manager Wbutton exe quot O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICEO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKUS S- - - Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User ' ' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User ' ' O - HKUS S- - - Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User ' ' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe User ' ' O - HKUS S- - - Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User ' ' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update mi... Read more

A:System32/lsass.exe Auto Shutdown

Log looks fine. This is probably being caused by you not having all of your Windows Updates installed. Please go to www.windowsupdate.com and install all of the updates. That should fix this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111782/system32lsassexe-auto-shutdown/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there my friend brought me her computer that starting coming up with an auto shutdown after she clicked a link in skype I scolded her for this shutdown malware auto computer unfortunately she is Naive The name on computer auto shutdown malware the pop up that comes up is DCOM Server Process Launcher failed computer will shut down in seconds and counts down I used the shutdown -a command to buy me sometime and try to fix it but unfortunately if any program tries to connect to the internet that program fails to load and closes with an error I have created a HiJackThis log and will post it now Any help will be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC Program Files Roxio BackOnTrack Instant Restore BOTService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files idt wdm STacSV exeC Program Files Roxio BackOnTrack Disaster Recovery SaibSVC exeC SPLASH SYS config DVMExportService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files HP HPBTWD exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC WINDOWS system AESTFltr exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickSync jre bin javaw exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunchO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO HelloWorldBHO - ABD B E -B - B-A - DAB D - C Program Files Common Files Homepage Protection HomepageProtection dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Google... Read more

A:computer auto shutdown malware

Hi,My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
/md5stop
CREATERESTOREPOINT
Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279443/computer-auto-shutdown-malware/
Relevancy 49.45%

hey everyone
ive been searching a while for a way to refuse my laptop from auto shutting down due to overheating (from my laptop).
im not sure there actually is a way but would be cool if someone knew

regards

A:prevent windows auto shutdown

It's been designed to shutdown when it gets to hot because if it didn't, it would melt the CPU and start a fire.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502298/prevent-windows-auto-shutdown/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am able to tell my PC to sleep after a certain amount of time but I would like to know if there is a way to tell it to totally shutdown instead. Thanks for your help

i.e. last night I fell asleep and my pc stayed on all night without ever sleeping or shutting down!

A:Can you set PC to auto shutdown in power saver?

Sure. Take a look at this: Power Plan Settings - Change

You might consider either Hybrid Sleep or Hibernate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/208136-can-you-set-pc-auto-shutdown-power-saver.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I used this Iobit Auto Shutdown, but then when I boot up after using it, windows asked me to run safe mode/s or start windows normally. Before doing this again, I need some advice if i should continue using this or not. I just need a program that shuts down the pc whenever im doing AFK in my game and will be done at 4hrs and 30mins(I usually sleep back from work and do this), If I dont use one I might oversleep and cant turn off pc again. Sleep mode wont help since it disconnects HSPA/3G

Relevancy 49.45%

My problem: when I'm on my computer for a while or doing anything CPU intensive the screen fades, and the shutdown menu pops up and begins the process of shutting its self down. Whenever I turn it back on, the shutdown only happens faster. I've been told to try and access my bios but for some reason my keyboard turns itself off whenever I get to it. I assumed it was overheating of the processor so I took off the fan/heatsink and reaplied thermal paste but it hasn't helped at all. I also ordered a new fan/heatsink it was a scythe big shuriken but of course the fan had to be broken and I had to send it back. Any other ideas?

My specs:
ops:windows 7 64bit
CPU:amd phenom IIx4
gpu:nvidia evga 9800 512mb
mobo: am2 socket 95w
psu: thermaltake 500w

A:Windows 7 64bit auto shutdown

Quote:

Originally Posted by glzephead

the shutdown menu pops up and begins the process of shutting its self down.

Hi -

What shut-down menu? Please get screenshot and attach to next post. Use Snipping Tool -
START | type snip

See this post for additional items to do --> http://www.techsupportforum.com/2767705-post2.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-64bit-auto-shutdown-490732.html