Windows Support Forum

hp windows 7 laptop not starting with hard reset

Q: hp windows 7 laptop not starting with hard reset

Can't start windows after hard resert. Had successfully upgraded to windows 10 and was working properly. Did not completely get iso image for windows 10. Tried starting with hp recovery got fail error 570

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: hp windows 7 laptop not starting with hard reset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: hp windows 7 laptop not starting with hard reset

Hi @deenot,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with recovery error 570. I will be glad to help you. Please look at the following links.HP Notebook PCs - System Recovery May Fail or Display Error Message (Windows 7, or Vista)Microsoft Error code: "570 User ID Failed" Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-windows-7-laptop-not-starting-with-hard-reset/td-p/5695898
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I used the media profile to download Windows 10 to a USB and everything worked fine but now there's another problem. My laptop was working after reinstalling Windows, but then I shut my laptop over and went away for ten minutes or so and I've came back to a black screen with no display at all. The white LED is on so my laptop is on. It has around 40% charge in it as of typing this. The screen is unresponsive. Please help again but thank you for helping me fix the first issue.

A:Re: I hard reset my laptop, error occurred and now my laptop...

Hi @kirsty_mcq17, Thanks for the update on your situation. I understand that you are now having issues with the display being blank and the system unresponsive. Have you tried doing a hard reset since the system stopped responding? If the system will not boot into Windows normally, let me know if you get any errors. You can also try using Safe mode. Once you are able to log back in, please make sure you download the latest HP drivers and Windows Updates. From what you described, it sounds like the system may have gone into sleep or hibernate mode. This document will take you through troubleshooting possible issues with those features. If you feel this post has answered your question, take a moment to click Accept as Solution. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Re-I-hard-reset-my-laptop-error-occurred-and-now-my-laptop/td-p/5672477
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop was running slow so I thought I would do a hard reset since I didn't have any important files on it. So I reset it and I got a blue screen error, then a listing screen with a popup box saying there was an error or my computer restarted and I should press OK to install. I found a solution online to get past the popup box, I don't remember what it was though, but now my laptop is stuck in a state of constant reboot. It goes like this:Blue HP Logo with loading circle,Black screen,Blue HP Logo,Installing and configuring Windows install screen that doesn't move past 64%,And then black screen. This process constantly repeats.Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-hard-reset-my-laptop-error-occurred-and-now-my-laptop-is/td-p/5671630
Relevancy 59.77%

i want to hard reset my laptop bac to out of the box factory settings but everytime i try it with the f11 option it keeps asking for a disc to continue. laptop didnt come with a operating system disc. and if i try to fully reset it throught the options menu it doesnt do anything, all it does is say this will take a moment then that screen closes and nothing ever happens it takes me back to my desktop but never resets my computer.

A:i can not hard reset my laptop

Hello, Your PC came with Windows 8.1. The Win 10 upgrade killed the recovery partition. You need an HP Recovery disc set . The Grzy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-can-not-hard-reset-my-laptop/td-p/5825375
Relevancy 59.34%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 59.34%

My laptop won't start.  I have read through this blog, and did a hard reset (twice) and it still won't start.  I've had this issue in the past and have been able to solve it with a hard reset, but not this time.   What else can I do? The battery still had some "juice" in it as recently as last week, as I was able to use it without power for a few hours with no problems.   Thanks.  

A:Laptop still won't turn on after hard reset

Hi there @PaulaEmde,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your notebook is not powering up. I am happy to help with this. When it is plugged in do you see a charging LED lit?When you try to power it on, is there any sound of the unit starting, like the fans spinning or the sound of the hard drive spinning up?Do you have another power adapter available that you can try?Have you tried a different electrical outlet?Do you have a direct power connection, or are you using a power bar, or UPS? For now give these a try, and let me know the results and the answers to my questions. Hopefully one of these will resolve the issue, but if not, the answers may help to localize the cause.Using and Testing the AC Power AdapterHP Notebook PCs - Computer does not start (Windows 8)Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-still-won-t-turn-on-after-hard-reset/td-p/4982739
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all nbsp Just reset laptop, deleted OS Hard yesterday I tried using my laptop at which point it froze and I had to force it to shut down After several failed attempts at switching it on again it gave me the error message that it found no bootable device nbsp Looking on the HP website I saw that Hard reset laptop, OS deleted they recommended a hard reset which I performed However now when I switch the laptop on it asks me to install an OS nbsp I do have a repair disc however I have no system image for my own laptop which I can use to resotre it I do have my files backed up I've tried using my brother's laptop's system image we have the same model but my laptop would not recognise it on the external hard drive on which it is saved nbsp Does anyone know how I could get my OS back without purchasing a new install disc nbsp Thank you nbsp in advance for the help nbsp Extra info in case it is relevant nbsp Laptop was purchased in Summer Upgraded to Windows from in Summer Have had no problem with Windows until now nbsp

A:Hard reset laptop, OS deleted

Hi, As long as the previous installation of Windows 10 had activated Ok after the upgrade from 7, you can just create your own Windows 10 installation media and perform a clean installation as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed. http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/ Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset-laptop-OS-deleted/td-p/5679362
Relevancy 59.34%

I've tried the hard reset 3 tines, I've replaced the battery with a new one, and still my laptop will not turn on. The white led light starts out white while plugged in, then turns amber, then turns white after a few minutes and starts blinking. If I attempt to power on the laptop while it's plugged in, the led light turns off and does not turn back on until I take the battery out, put it back in and plug the ac adapter in again. Nothing turns on, no fans and no keyboard lights. The only sign of power is the led light. Help please!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Even-after-a-hard-reset-my-hp-laptop-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5655805
Relevancy 58.48%

Yesterday my laptop suddenly stopped responding. I followed the tutorial and removed the battery and tried booting up the laptop using the charger. It doesn't work. I can see the charger port going from white to orange and then blank in quick succession. Then I tried keeping the battery and the charger plugged in for a long time without turning on the laptop. The charger remains orange for more than an hour before turning white.   I tried running the laptop after couple of hours and it boots up fine. But on the other hand, charger starts to act up again cycling through nothing, orange and white. So when the battery charge falls below 15%, it goes through low battery and then showing a bit of charge then again warning.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-doesn-t-boot-up-even-with-hard-reset/td-p/5701676
Relevancy 58.48%

my speakers and microphone had stopped working...everything else was fine so i followed the steps to resolve issue on hp support.when it asked to do a hard reset i followed the instructions but my laptop will not now restart...am just getting a very quick flash fron on button then nothing...need help to resolve this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-wont-restart-after-hard-reset/td-p/5611725
Relevancy 58.48%

The thing is that a guy came to me forgotting his BIOS Password and Hard disk Password on his Toshiba!! I managed to remove the hard disk and installing it on my computer unfortunately it didn't read it since a password is locking the hard disk any ideas?? Thank you!

A:How to reset a Laptop Hard disk password

SORRY, you'll have to read the tech guy forum rules on this one. No one here can supply Information on unlocking passwords etc. We cannot verify your reasons for doing so!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-a-laptop-hard-disk-password.773789/
Relevancy 58.05%

Gud day, asking for support how to hard reset HP Stream x360 Convertible LaptopCo'z when i turn on the unit the light was blingking the same when sleep mode???

A:Hard Reset HP Stream x360 Convertible Laptop

Hi @Yes69? ,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Notebook and Notebook does not turn on. Try performing a hard reset. When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows 8.Please let me know how this goes.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Reset-HP-Stream-x360-Convertible-Laptop/td-p/5176130
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I was hoping maybe somebody could help me with this laptop. The issue I'm having is most of the time when I walk away from it and leave it on, upon returning the screen is just black, the computer is running but there is no response on the keyboard or mouse, which requires a hard shutdown and a restart. It then says it was not shut down properly, I start it up, and it runs fine until the next time I walk away and it does this freeze thing. I also want to note that it does not always do this, sometimes it sleeps like it should, but the problem is increasing in frequency.

A:Laptop screen goes black, requiring hard reset

No I have had this before its the drivers, the video card is going out, anything? Nobody on this forum has seen a laptop that would keep running but freeze on a black screen after going idle?

Take a guess!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262272-laptop-screen-goes-black-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Dear HP, My laptop will not turn on anymore. Nothing happens. I tried the hard reset, by unplugging everything. Also battery and power cord. pressed on/off button for 30 seconds. When I put in the power cord. The led next to it, is not burning. Dear HP, do you have a suggestion what I can do to fix this problem? With kind regards,Richard

A:Laptop wil not turn on anymore. Hard reset is not working

If the power jack LED is not on we can figure it may be the power supply. It might not be putting out power. Just about any electronics shop can test its power output. How old is the unit? Still under warranty?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-wil-not-turn-on-anymore-Hard-reset-is-not-working/td-p/5629650
Relevancy 57.62%

On friday as I turned the computer on and went Laptop - malware not - starting virus -Hard drive? to get my coffee When I returned I found a black screen with the arrow in the middle of the screen Rebooting the first thing that came up was the HP screen then something I never saw before - a message at the bottom of the screen said quot windows is loading files Laptop not starting - virus - malware -Hard drive? quot Next the Microsoft Corporation runner starts at the bottom of screen takes longer the normal next the screen goes black for a time then the arrow shows Laptop not starting - virus - malware -Hard drive? up in the middle of the screen That s it Laptop not starting - virus - malware -Hard drive? the hard drive light blinks a little but that s it I have tried the safe mode but still no startup As I try this procedure a few times the computer gets piss and beeps about times The only thing I can think of is I have a bad virus of maybe I need a new hard drive Can t use virus or malware remover as I can t get the computer to start Any one have any ideas I have a HP HDX X - us Notebook PC Sys VISTA One year old Bludragoon

A:Laptop not starting - virus - malware -Hard drive?

Do you have a Vista DVD at hand, or, when tapping f8 on startup, do you see the option "repair windows"? If so, please perform a startup repair

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359349/laptop-not-starting-virus-malware-hard-drive/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEA FX how stupid responding disk not not hard Vaio starting; laptop Sony of me to buy a discontinued model gt lt and it won't start It get's to that Windows screen with the colorful flag thing stays for - minutes then bam BSOD and then it Sony Vaio laptop not starting; hard disk not responding tries to restart but then before it gets to the Windows start up screen it says quot Operating System not found quot I had a problem with this computer before and I took it to the Sony place to fix it and it was fine I remember some of the things the Sony Vaio laptop not starting; hard disk not responding tech guy told me on the phone before I brought it in though I tried to start in Safe Mode With Networking but it won't work The last file is starts was CLASSPNP and it just freezes there it won't start at all I turned on my laptop and held F I tried to restore my laptop with factory settings but that did absolutely nothing Now I think I lost all my pictures and stuff now When I restarted my computer I got an option 'Boot with Windows Repair' I THINK that's what it said I'll fix that later I tried all those options even opening the command prompt lol and nothing 'Startup Repair' failed I went to the details and the most seemingly helpful line was on the bottom it said quot Root cause found A hard disk could not be found If a hard disk is installed it is not responding quot Right now it's sitting in 'Advanced Boot Options' cause idk what to do now Please help I need my computer for homework Forgive the language and faces by the way I'm a year old girl lol Edit Yes I did see the BSOD Posting Instructions but I can't start my computer at all to download anything

A:Sony Vaio laptop not starting; hard disk not responding

Hello ffrustrated and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry to hear you're having all these issues. Couple of questions for you. ( Well, actually, several questions. )

1. When you got your Vaio did you buy it new?
2. Did you create the Vaio recovery disks when you first got the computer?
3. How long ago was it that you went to Sony to get it fixed?
4. Did the repair facility give any warranty on the repairs?
5. What was wrong with it?
6. With the machine turned off, can you access the Vaio Care software by clicking the ASSIST button at the top of your keyboard?

Sorry for all the questions but it might help us figure out the best course of action to get your machine up and running again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207614-sony-vaio-laptop-not-starting-hard-disk-not-responding.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

I would like to hard reset my Toshiba Satellite because none of my programs (Except Safari) can't connect to the internet.

The fact is that I bought this Toshiba under Windows Vista and I would like to keep Windows 7 (that I bought directly online)

So can I keep Windows 7? And how can I reset this PC properly?

Thanks for helping me!

A:Hard Reset a Toshiba Windows 7 and keep curent OS

As long as you have the key for Windows 7 you should be fine. You could do an upgrade installation on top of Windows 7. However I do not recomend this. You still need to know your Windows 7 Key to do this.

I would Reinstall Vista and then Reinstall Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/194106-hard-reset-toshiba-windows-7-keep-curent-os.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days I have a dell xps with water cooling the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs I have a dual boot setup with - gig hard drives Vista Ulti and Win Pro I have a qx extreme chip and gtx video cards gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card Drivers were all updated reset 7 Windows ro 64 hard requires Freezes Everything was running pretty good after the inital install a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW vista does the same thing occassionally After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem Then the freezes became more often And can happen at anytime sitting at desktop gaming or surfing internet My descent setup is now crap Currently I used driver sweeper Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset and removed the nvidia display drivers and am now running windows display driver WDDMV and these didnt fix it either Any help would be appreciated Thx

A:Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset

Quote: Originally Posted by Serbsniper

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days. I have a dell 730 xps with water cooling, the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs. I have a dual boot setup with 2-500 gig hard drives, Vista 32 Ulti and Win 7 Pro 64. I have a qx9650 extreme chip and 2 gtx 280 video cards, 8 gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card. Drivers were all updated. Everything was running pretty good after the inital install, a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW, vista 32 does the same thing, occassionally. After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board, this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech, they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem. Then the freezes became more often. And can happen at anytime, sitting at desktop, gaming or surfing internet. My descent setup is now crap. Currently I used driver sweeper 2.1.0 and removed the nvidia display drivers, and am now running windows display driver 8.15.11.8593 5/14/09 WDDMV 1.1 and these didnt fix it either. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Hi and welcome

We are going to need a ton more info before we can be of much use to you.

First thing we want to do is look in event viewer. Next time you freeze type eventvwr in search. goto the windows log>application tab. You want to look for errors ( they have red "X" in the left hand column). when you find them and you will, use the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search) to make screenshot and upload it using the attadchment icon( shaped like a paperclip) on the reply form

See Pics
Let us know if you need help with that

ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/45204-windows-7-ro-64-freezes-requires-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 52.03%

here is the background story i had a G hard drive in my dell dimension that i swapped not up hard switched drives/windows starting out a year ago for a larger hard drive my mother the other day gave me switched hard drives/windows not starting up her old dell dimension that she took her hard drive out of so i put the switched hard drives/windows not starting up old G in that one the last night and now i am getting the message on start up of quot WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE BUT WINDOWS DID NOT START SUCCESSFULLY A RECENT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE CHANGE MIGHT HAVE CAUSED THIS quot then it gives me options to start windows SAFE MODE SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMPT LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION START WINDOWS NORMALLY everytime i click any of these options it pulls up a loading bar and once the loading bar is full it doesn t do anything else like it is locked when i switched hard drives/windows not starting up try any of the safe mode options it pulls up a list and then stops and i can t do anything else any suggestions the OS on the old G was XP although i believe my mother was running ME on the computer before pulling the hard drive not sure itf that matters all help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance nbsp

A:switched hard drives/windows not starting up

i have researched on this forum and i have found that everyone gets this blue screen...i however, do not. hope this helps too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switched-hard-drives-windows-not-starting-up.41340/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi my acer aspire E17 was upgraded to windows 10, something has happened and I can't reset my computer saying that my hard drive with windows is locked. I have tried lots of stuff but wont let me reste my computer with files?Help.

A:locked hard drive wont let me reset windows 10

check on BIOS if your HDD password is set as frozen:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/locked-hard-drive-wont-let-me-reset-windows-10/td-p/453372
Relevancy 52.03%

Just a word of thanks and a hint for anyone who has problems with these machines.

I tried for hours to hard reset my tablet. Nothing worked. In desperation I Googled and came up with a closed thread on this site dealing with my problem. I can't add to it to say how much I appreciate the help. If I am posting in the wrong place, please forgive a newbie.

To hard reset, first power off, then hold down the vol down button. Press the power button and hold down until a recovery screen pops up. Follow the prompts. Works like a dream.

Thanks again

A:Proline W835G Tablet. Windows 8.1 Hard Reset

Bungle..... welcome to the TSG Forums...

If you want to refer to a CLOSED Thread then you can C&P the URL into your Post to enable others to view the Thread.

As for the instructions for a Hard Reset...... makes you wonder what exactly is that white powder that this programmer was putting in that cup of Java..... perhaps not sugar....

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proline-w835g-tablet-windows-8-1-hard-reset.1145665/
Relevancy 52.03%

As it almost 1 day left before 7/8.1 users will able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, would you hard reset your computer before you upgrade, or just let it be as it is before you upgrade?

A:Hard reset your 8.1 PC before you install the Windows 10 free upgrade

I did not do a new install when I loaded the 10240 release on my desktop. Doing a new install on a PC; especially if you have lots of programs and data loaded, is not a trivial task.
Doing a new install on a phone is one thing; on a PC, I have never done it. Haven't had any major problems but I'm not a power user.
I guess it's up to you.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/369596-hard-reset-your-8-1-pc-before-you-install-windows-10-free-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I contacted HP support which charged me $65 to tell me to purchase a $140 Hard Drive and $20 recovery disks. I have installed the hard drive and used the recovery disks now i get stuck at Starting Windows screen. I have no clue what to do. I have let it sit for 1.5 hours just to see if it would eventually start and nothing.

The issue started with mouse touchpad stopped working and the light on the side of the laptop turned from white to a pinkish color. It is a HP Pavilion DV6 that this happened to with windows 7 64 bit.

A:Frozen at Starting windows, after hard drive install

Have you made sure all your hardware is properly seated and connected to your motherboard? How recently have purchased the hard-drive, it may still be under warranty or still valid for a refund.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254286-frozen-starting-windows-after-hard-drive-install.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My friend's computer is showing this error: "A hard disk problem is preventing windows from starting"
I've attached a photo. I know it's Windows 7. Not sure what to do next & would appreciate any help or suggestions you might have. Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have a HP laptop that is a couple problem? starting...virus or drive 7 not Windows hard years old When I turn it on it goes to the screen that with the Windows 7 not starting...virus or hard drive problem? HP logo on it and Windows 7 not starting...virus or hard drive problem? the bottom left says Press esc key for startup menu From here either the screen turns black with a little white hyphen underscore thing flashing in the upper left corner or it stays on the HP Logo screen flashing every few seconds I am able to go into the Startup Menu A friend told me to press F -Boot device options It then takes me to a blue gray screen called Boot Option Menu with two options Notebook hard drive or Internal cd dvd rom drive I pressed the first one notebook hard drive but then it goes back to the Hp Logo screen an annoying cycle Is this a virus problem or hard drive Also if the laptop is done for I have a lot of important stuff saved on it that I did not back up Would I be able to somehow save all my documents onto a CD Thank you so much for your help

A:Windows 7 not starting...virus or hard drive problem?

Could be either...Lets see if running this gets you at least to a condition to back off your data. Please download the Avira AntiVir Rescue System .Place a blank CD in your burner and double-click on the rescue system package (rescuecd.exe) to burn it to a CD/DVD which you can then use to boot your computer and run a scan. For detailed instructions, refer to the Tutorial for Avira Rescue CD. If you encounter problems running Avira AntiVir Rescue System, you can get further assistance at the Avira Tools Support Forum.  What is your Operating system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489381/windows-7-not-startingvirus-or-hard-drive-problem/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've had my Toshiba Qosmio x505-Q8102 Laptop for 3 years now and yesterday the hard disk failed due to a vicous virus and unfortunately I've lost the windows 7 recovery disc, but I've managed to discover a backup recovery option involving pushing the F12 key on startup and resetting the laptop to its original factory settings I thought this solved all my problems and everything was fine but, the lid accidentaly got closed today and the screen went black when I finally opened it, but it would not respond to anything. So I shut down my Toshiba laptop and now I've gotten the error again  "A hard disk problem is preventing Windows from starting" I could try to restore it back to its factory settings, but that wouldn't solve the problem entirely it still will black screen at the windows login screen and I would have to restore it once again to its factory settings.

A:"A hard disk problem is preventing Windows from starting"

Welcome,
You might want to consider that the HDD has failed.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502162/a-hard-disk-problem-is-preventing-windows-from-starting/
Relevancy 51.6%

after the latest windows 10 update my pin lock pad doesn't show(known issue). tried hard reset but after the exclamation mark appears as soon as the volume up button is pressed the phone reboots hence the the hard reset is not possible.
ive tried it several times but can't reach the reset.
any solutions ?

A:lumia 535 on latest windows 10 update. can't perform a hard reset.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question after the latest windows 10 update my pin lock pad doesn't show(known issue). tried hard reset but after the exclamation mark appears as soon as the volume up button is pressed the phone reboots hence the the hard reset is not possible.
ive tried it several times but can't reach the reset.
any solutions ? you can use WDRT tool to roll back to stable windows build. and join the fast ring in future where the builds have become much more reliable.
walkthrough is here :> How to roll back Windows 10 Mobile from Fast and Slow Ring to Production release | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439639-lumia-535-latest-windows-10-update-cant-perform-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Toshiba Satellite C D-S not that old at all I tried Problem after Windows a Hard reset? Detected factory Disk downloading a game Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem after factory reset? and then got the BSOD I had to reset my PC lost everything I had but ended up starting from scratch Now every so Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem after factory reset? often I'm getting a message saying Windows detected a hard disk problem Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss I right clicked on the faulty hard drive for error checking no errors were found I tried HD Tune Pro and that's telling me warning for health status Reallocated Sector Count failed is in red and C Reallocated Event Count warning is in yellow Does this mean I have to replace the hard drive The computer was working totally fine until that BSOD Now it works and all but I keep getting that error message The laptop is not that old really and never any physical damage but perhaps past warranty I dont really have anything left to back up since I Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem after factory reset? lost everything when I reset it to factory state Any advice

A:Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem after factory reset?

I'm afraid it doesn't sound good for that hard drive.  You could run Speccy which you can download from here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/ and look at the SMART data for your drive.    After running it click File -> Publish snapshot... Copy and paste the link it gives you into your next post.  

For more information about the drive, you could download hard drive diagnostics form the Seagate or Western Digital web site and run them.  I've used Seatools from Seagate a good bit.

If you have to replace that drive, you'll probably lose the recovery partition, so be prepared for that.  Your user guide should have info on how to create the recovery discs if you haven't already done that.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540251/windows-detected-a-hard-disk-problem-after-factory-reset/
Relevancy 51.17%

Okay I m new here so bear with Not Laptop Windows On Starting me if I don t give enough information Windows Not Starting On Laptop But I have a Dell laptop from around - its a Latitude D and it runs on Windows XP I had recently been moving a large number of video files to the laptop from my newer one which was being fixed taking up a lot of hard drive space A few days after I had finished the laptop was extremely slow I have a feeling it was from more than just the issue of a lack of space on the hard drive and that it may have been from a virus or something but I never really had a chance to look into it Since it was so slow it began to bother me so whenever it got too slow for me too handle I would cut off the power using the power button and restart it A few times it gave me a blue screen and I had to do that Then a little after the blue screens started coming up it stopped working and wouldn t bring me to the startup section of windows It stopped me at a black screen every time i tried to turn on the laptop with an error message which i believe said that quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt Windows System ntoskrnl exe quot but I m not sure as I am going on memory I looked up issues with that on google and tried to create an XP setup disc so that I could try and use the repair feature to fix it but when I tried that after pressing R for repair I eventually got another blue screen which stopped me from continuing Now I have a different issue when I try to boot Windows The error message reads quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt Windows System config system quot and it also says quot You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM Select r at the first screen to start repair quot I would like to be able to fix this myself if possible My uncle could probably fix it for me he fixed my newer laptop but this one has all of my personal files on it and I would like to keep those to myself Is there any way I can get the laptop running like normal again It doesn t have to be perfect I just need to be able to log on and retrieve the files I need and then I will be set If there s anything I can do please let me know and please help me This is my first forum post so I m not sure if I m putting it in the right category nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-starting-on-laptop.1016137/
Relevancy 51.17%

Sir, I have windows8.1 laptop. It is not starting. Neither fan is running. When I put on the charger only, charging led light glows. Kindly provide me solution

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-8-1-laptop-is-not-starting/td-p/5639319
Relevancy 51.17%

my laptop doesn't want to start windows when i start it. it goes to a black screen with the cursor on the tpo left hand corner. please help

A:my laptop is not starting windows

reinstall windows and post back to see what happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-is-not-starting-windows.30402/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm having a problem with my laptop not starting. What led up to this problem was when I downloaded a widows automatic update and then my computer got incredibly slow. I then set up the computer from factory default which involved losing all my info ect, it worked for a few days then it got slow again , so I figure I should try it again . This time however the computer would not reformat or Anything and so I tried to start it up normally ANd now it just restarts at the widows logo with the black background . Any help would be appreciated . The laptop is only a year old

A:Hp laptop with windows 7 not starting

Hello Devondo & welcome to TSF

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-laptop-with-windows-7-not-starting-674449.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Can anyone help I've got a laptop that doesn't start it goes to the
We apologize for the inconvenience but windows didn't start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
Then it gives you the options to start in safe mode or last known good configuration etc.
I click on safe mode, last known good configuration, and start windows normally and by clicking any one of them it just comes back around to this screen and then gives the option to press F11 to emergency recovery but by pressing this will it lose all data on the computer? TIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-starting-on-laptop.693837/
Relevancy 51.17%

my laptop has been shutting down recently and now won't start up. the power light and f12 key are lit up and the caps lock key is flashing. i tried system restore when it was operating but this has not helped.

A:why is my Windows 8 HP laptop not starting up ?

As it is now do you ever see anything at all on the screen when you start it up?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/why-is-my-windows-8-hp-laptop-not-starting-up-/1494.html
Relevancy 51.17%

So I'm trying to factory reset my laptop to no avail. I am trying to do it through windows PC settings but the app will not open and instead, it gives me an error. I have uploaded the screenshot with the error. I'm unsure if its malware or something but I really want to reset everything.

My internet has been super slow and we already had a tech guy come in from my ISP which they found something but are unsure if its what's causing my incredibly slow speed. I'd rather just try and figure out if its something in my computer (I've tried running a few things that takes a long time to download but they had not detected anything).

Relevancy 51.17%

I have this laptop I haven't used in a while but I forgot the administrator account password and I have no installation disc or RW disc. I've tried dozens of tutorials but none of them are working out! I can't activate the built in admin account because you need to run command prompt as administrator to do that, which isn't possible as I don't know the password. I've tried doing a system repair but you need an installation disc for that. Again, I have no RW discs or anything that I can use for that. Please help!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/how-can-i-reset-my-windows-7-laptop-password-4600132/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi mods and fellow windows users My laptop has been experiencing problems reset 8 Is laptop without possible it windows my disks? to lately and i'd like to start fresh I realize there is an option to reset your laptop deleting all your Is it possible to reset my windows 8 laptop without disks? files and start new but i have one question Since my laptop came with windows i have no installation disks for them Is it possible to reset my windows 8 laptop without disks? I've read in this article here Windows features a reset button Re-install Windows without a disc - Liliputing that the windows image-thingy im not good with computers so i dont know the correct terms is quot built in quot to the operating itself Would this mean that i am able to reset my whole laptop deleting everything and set to factory settings without having to bother with burning disks and such If so would it mean that this is as simple as clicking one button and letting the laptop do all the work I need confirmation from this forum Thanks Oh and i'd also like to know how long the process would take

A:Is it possible to reset my windows 8 laptop without disks?

Yes, you can use RESET.

How to do a Reset:
Reset Windows 8

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8

You can use the OEM version of
   Warning
Deleting the Recovery Partition is NOT RECOMMENDED

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can order the Microsoft official OEM Recovery disks from the OEM manufacturer's website.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30209-possible-reset-my-windows-8-laptop-without-disks.html
Relevancy 51.17%

How do i factory reset my Windows 7 laptop even though i dont have the cd?

A:How to factory reset Windows 7 laptop without cd?

Windows 7 Recovery: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418  Also see: Creating Recovery Media > Windows 7 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-factory-reset-Windows-7-laptop-without-cd/td-p/5853802
Relevancy 51.17%

After earlier post I reinstalled WIN2000 Pro on backup old desktop, without first deleting incorrectly operating Win98.
Now Win2000 always restarts in Setup mode, requiring reentering Code Key.

What to do?

A:win2000 keeps starting in RESET mode

Boot to the windows 2000 CD and run the installation again.
Watch the screens.
When it asks which partition to install to,read the instructions to delete
partitions.
Delete all the windows partitions on that drive.
If you have any storage partitions on there,don't delete them,or you will lose
your data.
If there are no storage partitions,delete all of them.
Then select the unallocated space for installation.
Continue the installation.
You should end up with 1 partition with windows 2000 and 98 will be gone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-keeps-starting-in-reset-mode.764298/
Relevancy 50.74%

So I have this problem and it happens once in a while maybe once a month One of my hard drives stops working it's like it gets deattached For example today I noticed that my download is limited to kB s what ever I tried to download Then I noticed that when I try to access the hard drive it's very slow Then I tried restarting starting with Weird dissapearing Windows drives hard and problem my computer but that didn't work And it never does Even unplugging Weird problem with Windows starting and hard drives dissapearing it from power didn't work That works sometimes I had to unplug my sata Weird problem with Windows starting and hard drives dissapearing cable from the motherboard and plug it in another slot That Weird problem with Windows starting and hard drives dissapearing works But the next time it happens it will happen in this sata slot But last few days whenever I restart my computer even when I don't have that problem with my hard drive I notice that it hangs on the post screen several more seconds and then it hangs on Windows logo screen forever I then have to unplug it from power and restart it again and it works then I checked all my hard drives with HD sentinel and couple more applications and no problems there I've changed several sata cables all new and the problem persists Any idea what could cause this issue

A:Weird problem with Windows starting and hard drives dissapearing

First thoughts
Is the OS on the primary partition, W7 hates being in second place.
If your specs are correct is there a 32/64 bit conflict.
Could be your RAM have you run Memtest (X8 passes)

And Marjan if this is the same comp that youve requested help for in the BSOD forum
run this tool, copy/paste the output
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012

NO FURTHER HELP can be provided until you do so

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401025-weird-problem-windows-starting-hard-drives-dissapearing.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I had a problem starting Windows after adding a new external backup hard drive - the computer froze at boot. I could boot into Windows with external hard drive disconnected. After getting into Windows, I could add the external hard drive which would show up in My computer and I could access it But this was not accceptable to me. I finally called Dell Support. She then guided me to the download section for my computer and selected the BIOS file and I made sure the external hard drive was connected,. We download the file, and flashed the BIOS in my computer. After rebooting, I could then boot into Windows with the external hard drive connected. The BIOS was now recognizing the external hard dive before the starting windows.

A:Solution to starting Windows with external hard drive connected

This can happen with any USB drive that has also been formatted to be bootable, by boot code remaining even after the installation files are removed.

If you have a USB flash or external drive that blocks the OS from booting, move the data off to wipe the drive with Diskpart Clean Command which clears the boot sector and partition table of all code, then repartition as a data drive in Disk Mgmt.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361019-solution-starting-windows-external-hard-drive-connected.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My issue started when i was using internet explorer the phone heated up then using Bootloop tool. Can hard and recovery even continues phone Anyone after Help ME? reset windows shuts down and starts to get into an an infinite restart I've looked up Bootloop continues even after hard reset and using windows phone recovery tool. Can Anyone Help ME? into this and some of you guys Bootloop continues even after hard reset and using windows phone recovery tool. Can Anyone Help ME? also experienced this problem and solved it by a hard reset which is to hold the vol down camera power button first it worked until I shut the phone down to insert the simcard it boot loops again so I tried another option to master format the phone by holding the power button until the phone vibrates then pressing the volume down until it shows an exclamation mark then i entered the combination buttons up down power down to reformat the phone so it did the phone was turned back to its original settings and i have to re enter my emails but after which I tried another sim card and the phone begins to go into a crazy boot loop again I was mad and depressed and I tried this which is to use windows recovry tool I downloaded the software and used it on my lumia to download the latest windows straight from microsoft yes it worked out for a while like min tried to have a fresh start from my phone regaining my contacts until i turned it off to insert my simcard the godforsaken BOOTLOOP still continues Is there anything else to do before I willbe forced to buy another phone

A:Bootloop continues even after hard reset and using windows phone recovery tool. Can Anyone Help ME?

Man i have the same problem with my l930. when i shot the camera it reboots and start a bootloop, it stops looping just when on battery charger.
Some times starts a boot loop randomly. And i have to use the charger again.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/415930-bootloop-continues-even-after-hard-reset-using-windows-phone-recovery-tool-can-anyone-help-me.html
Relevancy 50.74%

System locks up needs time before it can be restarted I have a newly built computer that locks up usually to min after booting usually I am browsing the internet then pages to Freezes, reset, until hard can have Windows 10 I 7 back then wait min Solved: boot won t load then my browser freezes and I can t Ctrl apt Del Then everything freezes and I have to hard reset but the computer won t boot up unless I Solved: Windows 7 Freezes, have to hard reset, then wait 10 min until I can boot back let it rest for min Everything in the computer is brand new I have it running the bare minimum stick of memory The hard drive I noticed in the bios that the v and v are low The v is running around The v is around I ve spent days trying different things any help would be greatly appreciated I have tested the CPU and even re installed it I have tested the memory it seems fine I have checked the wires I have reset the bios Its a new ultra watt PSU a new asus m a l-m lx plus mb An amd HD phenom ll x processor a wd blue gb hard drive hyperx red gb ddr memory modules a radeon hd GPU Running win nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 Freezes, have to hard reset, then wait 10 min until I can boot back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-freezes-have-to-hard-reset-then-wait-10-min-until-i-can-boot-back.1122176/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone I'm posting this message because of a problem I have with my laptop Since two or three weeks ago I saw almost - Windows BSOD when my starting laptop 8.1 blue screens of death when starting booting up my laptop Windows starts I can reach the desktop but suddenly some programs don't respond Today was the latest BSOD when starting my laptop - Windows 8.1 BSOD I got I remember that in middle March early April the graphics driver was updated I'm not sure if it is related to that As I can't read the dump files Windows generated after each BSOD I need your help understanding what is going on in my laptop Mine is almost half a year old no new hardware was added or replaced I was thinking of reinstalling Windows but I think of that as the last resort I hope you guys can help me identifying the root of the problem I'm attaching the results from running quot dm log collector exe quot as suggested by the pinned post If you need to complete dump files I uploaded the last two ones to my personal OneDrive I can post the URLs to download them and help in the diagnostics Thank you Jorge PD sorry for my bad English I need to practice it more

A:BSOD when starting my laptop - Windows 8.1

Sorry, the Attachment Manager seems to be not working with Google Chrome, I post the URL of the results from running "dm_log_collector.exe":

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...6b01820%218835

Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65312-bsod-when-starting-my-laptop-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys I unknowingly spilled a fairly small amount of water over my Windows + Water Starting Not = Laptop Acer Travelmate WLMi laptop last week I hadn t realised it was wet intially and so I tried switching Laptop + Water = Windows Not Starting it on Nothing This is when I discovered it was wet and I left it for a day to dry out not long enough in retrospect I started Laptop + Water = Windows Not Starting it the next and day and it booted up fine and the only real problem was that a lot of the keys on the keyboard weren t working I went and bought a USB keyboard and that worked a treat I then shut it down and took it to work only to find when I booted it up it would get to the black screen after the Windows XP loading screen and then just freeze Its been like that since I ve tried entering the Acer startup menu and also the Windows XP setup screen but I think the keys I need for those aren t working so I can t access them Any ideas on whats gone wrong and how to get onto the Acer Windows start up screens nbsp

A:Laptop + Water = Windows Not Starting

Just an update to my situation. I got the laptop working for a few days and everything was back to normal (including all the keys working). However, it suddenly shut off like the power had pulled. It now doesn't boot. The power lights will come on for about 2 seconds then the laptop shuts down to nothing again.

Is it worth paying the £52 just to get it diagnosed by Acer?

I would really appreciate any ideas or help from you guys.

Thanks,

Mark.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-water-windows-not-starting.797141/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone Hope someone can help with an issue I have in Starting gfx nvidia with in windows laptop? just a game Even though I choose the nvidia card to run my exe the game is sluggish and if I alt-tab it game Starting windows with just nvidia gfx in laptop? shows after it many shaders in black vanish So I suspect the intel gfx running in the background are also dealing with stuff in game even if nvidia tray icon shows running this app My laptop has Starting windows with just nvidia gfx in laptop? an nvidia m and intel hd corei and gb ram Windows pro -bit The game in question is an old wrestling simulator called TWC career from Mdickie I used to play it in windows but in a laptop with just one card ati It ran flawlessly Compatibility mode didn't help either FPS is very low suggesting intel's gfx on the works here Is there any way to disable entirely the intel hd card to test if this is the issue I also went into nvidia's menus and placed all Starting windows with just nvidia gfx in laptop? apps to work with this card but it didn't helped Thank you very much

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/19965-starting-windows-just-nvidia-gfx-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Problem s Laptop hangs and does NOT boot-up on startup I get to the Starting Windows and then the laptop just freezes without laptop up Problem Starting with Windows 7 proceeding further I have waited for almost minutes to see if the boot up progresses beyond this stage but have never been successful Problem with Starting up Windows 7 laptop I then power down the machine and then attempt to reboot by manually turning on the laptop Typically laptop does not respond Problem with Starting up Windows 7 laptop it just shuts down again It normally takes me about attempts before I can progress beyond this point Once it gets beyond this point it does a Start-up repair and offers to Restore to a previous state I am then able to successfully get to the login window and user accounts after this restore stage is completed Clicking on the details link during the restore stage yields the following message at the end of the file Unspecified change in system configuration port may have cause the problem Steps that I have undertaken to fix this Working with Dell Technical Support but have been unsuccessful to date Things that they have tried -- replaced memory -- replaced motherboard twice -- replaced HD -- reinstalled OS I have tried the following -- Uploaded BIOS from A to A -- Run all diagnostic tests available to me F on start-up -- Checked Dell User Forums for hints -- Checked Windows forums I am at a loss and would appreciate any guidance that you can provide Thanks in advance Machine specs Studio Intel Core i - M GHz M cache GB DDR MHz DIMM RAM GB rpm HDD Windows Pro and Ultimate with XP Mode nbsp

A:Problem with Starting up Windows 7 laptop

I am under the impression your Laptop is still under warranty, I would just tell Dell that you want a complete replacement, back up whatever files you can first and then ship them your faulty laptop.
Just my 2.5 cents worth.
Anyway, good luck
Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-starting-up-windows-7-laptop.954436/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a HP laptop that is a couple years old When I turn it on Windows 7 starting running not HP laptop :( it goes to the screen that with the HP logo on it and the bottom left says Press esc key for startup menu From here either the screen turns black with a little white hyphen underscore thing flashing in the upper left corner or it stays on the HP Logo screen flashing every few seconds I am able to go into the Startup Menu A friend told me to press F -Boot device options It then takes me to a blue gray screen called Boot Option Menu with two options Notebook hard drive HP laptop running Windows 7 not starting :( or Internal cd dvd rom drive I pressed the first one notebook hard drive but then it goes back to the Hp Logo screen an annoying cycle My friend said it could be a problem with my hard drive and I should get a new laptop Is HP laptop running Windows 7 not starting :( this true Anything else I could do Also if the laptop is done for I have a lot of important stuff saved on it that I did not back up Would I be able to somehow save all my documents onto a CD Thank you so much for your help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489377/hp-laptop-running-windows-7-not-starting/
Relevancy 50.74%

After installing a windows update for my HP 2000-2b19wm laptop which is currently using windows 8 to finish the update of windows 10 the laptop has to restart which began the problem. The laptop failed to restart and won't start up, it just doesnot proceed further the screen with the HP sign. I have already tried unplugging the adapter and removing the battery and pressing the power button and then attaching the battery but it didn't resulted anything still my laptop persist with the same problem. Please let me know if there is any solution to this, suggestions are welcomed

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-is-not-starting-after-windows-update/td-p/5798746
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a four year old Acer laptop with Windows 7 loaded onto it.Until now, it worked perfectly. But now, when I power it up it sits on a black screen for 10 - 40 minutes before booting into windows. Once I'm in Windows, everything is as fast as it's always been. I've tried disk defragging and disk cleanup, as well as using CCleaner, as these were things I've seen recommended for similar problems. However, these changed nothing.Does anyone have any idea what I could do to fix this? Any insight is appreciated.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153481.0.html
Relevancy 50.74%

So i factory reset the laptop and it didnt prompt me to set up a user or anything just loads
up and says log in as other user and i can't log in tried enabling administrator and guest accounts
With cammand prompt and that didn't work so im stumped don't know what to do. I also tried logging
In with microsoft account and that didn't work either. I called toshiba and all they would tell me
(without paying them that is) is that i can't login with microsoft account since i haven't set up an
Initial administrative account but wouldn't tell me how of course. So any suggestions or help would
Be greatly appreciated. Thank you! P.S I factory reset because of a virus so I figured I should clear
The whole thing....big mistake i guess thank you again.

A:Can't login to Windows after factory reset on laptop

A factory Reset and it does not take you through setting up a user account?? strange...

Did it go through setting up devices and such?? and where are you at when the pc is up?? Login screen??

Can you post a pic of where you are now stuck at???

You can also try holding CTRL+SHIFT+F3 that should cause the PC to reboot in Audit Mode

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63365-cant-login-windows-after-factory-reset-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.74%

There is some file missing from the registry. And hence my system is not starting even in safe mode. There is a micro small hole at the bottom of my laptop. Should i use it? Though i have misplaced all the cd's i had got with it. So will my laptop ask me for windows cd if i reset it?

A:Solved: Will Windows uninstall on laptop reset?

I've never seen or heard of a laptop having a 'reset' button.

The only way to repair is to insert a operating system disk and repair windows really. Or just reformat and reinstall completely.

What lead up to the failure...anything out of the ordinary? How do you know the file is missing from the registry?

Give us more details, and we may be able to help better...operating system, laptop make/model etc etc...

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-windows-uninstall-on-laptop-reset.535173/
Relevancy 50.74%

My mom purchased a Windows 8 Dell laptop that was a store display. I want to reset it to factory default settings but I don't have a CD or drive...is there any way to accomplish this without the CD?

A:How do I reset my Windows 8 laptop to factory settings?

Do you have this option:

Reset Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/39570-how-do-i-reset-my-windows-8-laptop-factory-settings.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm not sure what Laptop windows update!!!! reset factory after has happened here My daughter has a sony Vaio laptop that came with Home Premium installed Laptop factory reset after windows update!!!! I upgraded it to Professional and it's been working Laptop factory reset after windows update!!!! fine for over a year A few weeks ago it just wouldn't start so inserted the Professional installation discs and did a start up repair which seemed to do the trick Last night she turned it off but when she restarted this morning it was as if she had just received it as started up on Home Premium and looks like a factory reset I went Laptop factory reset after windows update!!!! to system restore and last restore point at am this morning so again looks like a completely fresh pc and first restore point is the windows update Is there any possibilty that both OSs are still present and for some reason it is launching the wrong one I don't want to go through a full instalaltion etc if not needed All the data is backed up but going to take a while I am of course concerned this is the second quot incident quot in a month so is the laptop going thorugh a major meltdown and likely to continue to struggle Thanks for any advice Mike

A:Laptop factory reset after windows update!!!!

If it was factory restored there would be none of her files remaining.

Please post back a screenshot of the maximized Disk management drive map with listings, using Snipping Tool in Start Menu: Screen Shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/203919-laptop-factory-reset-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Sony VAIO laptop that seems to have gotten some logo black goes Sony just windows starting Vaio 7 after Windows Laptop form of malware or virus on it The machine specs are Windows Home Premium bit Intel i GB RAM The problem I am seeing is when I boot up the laptop and it gets to the starting windows screen with the blurred windows logo Then the screen goes black There is still hard drive activity and I hear the Windows start up chime but Sony Vaio Laptop goes black just after Windows 7 starting windows logo the screen remains black I've let it run for up to minutes but even though it shows hard drive activity the screen stays black There are no error messages I can boot into safe mode and safe mode with networking which I did and looked for unusual programs I found ScorpionSaver Services and found a removal tutorial on your site via a Google search I tried the steps in safe mode and things seemed to work but even though Malwarebytes found a lot of stuff which I removed I still could not boot into windows and ScorpionSaver Services is still there I don't know if this is related or if it is a different issue but I will mention it here just in case it is helpful It appears that there is a browser hijack going on too because even in safe mode with networking I cannot navigate away from search conduit com I am pretty much stuck In the past I have had to work my way through one of those Ransomware attacks on a friend's computer and thought this might be similar so I ran Windows Defender Offline but that did nothing Anything you could offer would be helpful Thanks

A:Sony Vaio Laptop goes black just after Windows 7 starting windows logo

Hey, nevermind.  I spent the weekend and the last 2 days slogging through the internet and I think we are good.  Not as elegant of a solution to be sure but things are working again and that is good enough for now.  Keep up the good work!  No need to spend any time on this one.  Consider it resolved. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522130/sony-vaio-laptop-goes-black-just-after-windows-7-starting-windows-logo/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Stuck with this fresh issue from few days now reading many topics trying many things without success Getting new Dell Latitude E - Intel Core i U - GB RAM - HDD Samsung SSD PM M GB Latests drivers BIOS seconds slow Starting step - takes - SSD Laptop Windows - Windows - Dell Enterprise 7 80 FW from dell intel websites Deploying universal corporate wim image Win Enterprise On such laptop the quot Starting Windows quot step stands exactly for seconds So getting the logon screen after - seconds Deploying the same image on workstation Optiplex the same operation takes - seconds GB RAM - SSD Here are most of the information tries BIOS Legacy Boot ModeBIOS SATA AHCI ModeWindows Performance Windows 7 Enterprise - Dell Laptop - SSD - Starting Windows step slow - takes 80 seconds Analyzer show me that the smss exe process takes seconds gt here is the BootCKCL etl zip file https goo gl PvdXeg gt here is my detailed Windows Perf Analyzer MB zip GB unzipped https goo gl XHD FN Event-Log Diagnostics-Performance - Event gives me BootSmssInitTime ms boot in safe mode is very quick sec boot Windows 7 Enterprise - Dell Laptop - SSD - Starting Windows step slow - takes 80 seconds in normal mode disabling the non-Microsoft services disabling Startup application still spend sec on quot Starting Windows quot step SSD trim is enabledfsutil C not set as dirtyresizing pagefile sys from auto GB to static GBdisabling hybernation mode powercfg -h off disabling system protection shadow copy stuffremoving hidden non used devicesremoving clearing McAfee VSE soft agent performing CCleaner registry file clearing issue appear whatever BitLocker is enabled or notno other USB devices connected issue appear when USB mouse is connected or not prefetch enabled same if disabling sfc scannow not found anything wrongchkdsk found some entries to fix but not solve the delayHKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager gt BootExecute MULTI SZ autocheck autochk gt same issue even if clearedPower Strategy Performance Mode

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/831be55c-8f7e-4804-9eee-c8653f05b59b/windows-7-enterprise-dell-laptop-ssd-starting-windows-step-slow-takes-80-seconds?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 50.31%

This morning I turned off my laptop. It started to run slow and I could only turn it off manually.

Big mistake.

When I turn it on the Dell boot screen loads, but when it should be loading Windows there's just a blank black screen. I can still access the setup and boot menus. I was wondering if i could use these to start it in safe mode or to instruct a system restore.

Any info or help is extremely appreciated. I really need my laptop to work.

It's a Dell Inspiron 1505 and has Windows Vista Home Edition

Relevancy 50.31%

As per the title my Windows won't go past 'Starting go the past Laptop Windows' screen. won't the 'Starting Windows' screen It's just a black screen no matter how long I leave it However I can still boot in safe mode and I can boot in my Laptop won't go past the 'Starting Windows' screen. old Ubuntu installation just as well The problem appeared right away after the computer failed to go in hibernation after closing the lid - it hung up instead with a black screen System restore brought no result nor did Windows automatic repair I'm pretty sure I can rule something as simple as Windows booting fine but me not seeing it because some graphic driver problem make it so the screen isn't displaying anything The keyboard lights indicating whether or not the numerical pad or shift lock are on off don't change when pressing the relevant keys Here's my speccy link if it helps http speccy piriform com results FxBnWImgJqZVGEOHoJwaLA It was done in safe mode as this is the only thing I have access to Thanks in advance

A:Laptop won't go past the 'Starting Windows' screen.

Sounds like a damaged video driver, IMO.  You might try the following procedures to uninstall the current graphics driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/117840-uninstall-remove-software-safe-mode.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602706/laptop-wont-go-past-the-starting-windows-screen/
Relevancy 50.31%

Today in the morning I shut down my Lenovo w510 win 7 ultimate 64

It said it had to install one update which it did and then shut off

When I rebooted it came up with the think pad screen the drive icon lights up for a sec and then it doesn't do anything. Tried to use the blue think vantage button but didn't work.

Let it sit for a while just in case but nothing happens. The drive light never comes on

Any help would be appreciated

A:Lenovo laptop not starting after windows update

Not sure what happened. After letting it sit for a while it completely shut off. Seems like when it is on the think pad screen the fan isn't running and some sort of overheat protection kicked in. After letting it cool down it started and finally booted into windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/296724-lenovo-laptop-not-starting-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop started updating and then i saw a message below tells me that my laptop will restart several times, then it kept restarting for almost 2 hours. I tried turning off the laptop and removing the battery, but nothing helped. What should i do? Windows won't open at all, it just a black screen with a brand name over and over again

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442231-my-laptop-keeps-restarting-after-update-without-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My hp laptop freezes at the starting Windows screen. I have tapped the esc button, hit f10, but bios wants to totally reset my computer and it says I will lose everything, don't want that....

A:My hp laptop freezes at the starting Windows screen.

Lee72 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!Next time, repeatedly press F2 and when the diagnostics menu comes on screen, select the option to test the hard drive. Sounds like the drive might be failing. IF it passes those diagnostics, then the problem is more likely that the boot files have become corrupted. To help with that, we would need to know the version of the OS running on the PC (i.e., Win7, Win8x, or Win10).We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-hp-laptop-freezes-at-the-starting-Windows-screen/td-p/5797440
Relevancy 50.31%

Long story short someone I know bought a screen with black laptop 8, keep w/ Windows getting but Trying cursor a to reset laptop The seller told them they'd need a new hard drive I took a look at it and found it was riddled with malware and adware Couldn't even login to the account without getting a black screen mouse cursor So after going into safe mode and uninstalling a few programs and running ADWCleaner I've been able to login to the main account normally I'm running malwarebytes and MSE right now but since they don't want all this extra data anyway I figured I'd just wipe everything The problem is that when I go to system restore or system reset or when I try to use the HP recovery tools it goes to a loading screen and then a black screen with a cursor Forever I'm at a bit of Trying to reset a laptop with Windows 8, but keep getting black screen w/ cursor a loss as to what could be breaking every recovery option That said I'm also wondering if the reset option will reinstall Windows without needing an installation disc or anything like that I've seen yes and no in different places so I'm no longer sure Here's screenshots with misc specs if it would help to know http i imgur com Qp uYuB jpg http i imgur com sNOadYW jpg http i imgur com thS X l jpg http i imgur com FcYKbrV jpg

A:Trying to reset a laptop with Windows 8, but keep getting black screen w/ cursor

Using the System Reset can be done without a disc.  There is a partition on the hdd just for this type of recovery.

You will find instructions for doing this at HP Support.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574600/trying-to-reset-a-laptop-with-windows-8-but-keep-getting-black-screen-w-cursor/
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings,

I have a Windows 2000 laptop (Toshiba).

I set my power settings to Never Turn Off Monitor, Never Turn Off Hard disks, Never System Standby.

Whenever I turn the machine back on, the settins are reset to 5 minutes for all three tasks.

Is there a registry setting I can change to not reset on every boot-up?

Thanks in advance,

JEJ1216

A:Windows 2000 - laptop power settings get reset

Try this MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q242414

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-laptop-power-settings-get-reset.86617/
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop is running really slow and I am wanting to reset it all. It is quite old and I just want to reset it and see if that helps.

A:acer laptop factory reset windows vista

Please post the model number of your computer. From your spec I assume it is still an Acer but we need the number in order to be sure we give you the correct reset procedure. I trust you realise you will lose everything of your own and be back to the as bought condition.Very often slowness is due to malware. I would recommend you first run these three free programs in the order given, rather than going straight for reset:AdwCleaner:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...(blue Download button near top - not anything else on the page).Download and "Save" the file somewhere. Go to the saved file then double click it to run the program. Use the "Scan" button, followed by the "Cleaning" button.Junkware Removal Tool (JRT)http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...(blue Download button near top - not anything else on the page).Download and "Save" the file somewhere. Go to the saved file then double click it to run JRT. It might appear to have stopped at times or flash the screen but sit tight until it has finished.MalwareBytes:http://filehippo.com/download_malwa...(green Download button top right - not anything else on the page)Install and Run the program but before doing its Scan go to "Settings > Detection and Protection" and put a checkmark in "Scan for rootkits". Quarantine anything it finds. If any of them find anything, please copy/paste the logs on here because even if the symptoms are cured you are likely to still have things lurking around that require further cleaning.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/acer-laptop-factory-reset-windows-vista/13963.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So i attempted to restore my windows  8.1 laptop to factory settings and completely clear the drive, but every time I try to hit reset and delete everything, it says unable to
reset PC.a required Drive partition is missing. so, I decided to create a recovery drive using my usb stick, but even when I select it as the primary option in the boot order,
I still get the same error  message that a required drive partition is missing. Please help!

A:Can't reset windows 8.1 Asus laptop to factory settings?

Someone please help. This is getting very frustrating!          

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541816/cant-reset-windows-81-asus-laptop-to-factory-settings/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a month old ASUS X issues laptop reset ASUS X751M 10 Windows after M laptop ASUS X751M Windows 10 after laptop reset issues with updated to Windows after accidently picking up a virus and numerous attempts to get ASUS X751M Windows 10 after laptop reset issues rid of it it was suggested to do a reset of my laptop this I did an at first everything seemed ok until I went to download my favorite anti-virus program the program downloaded but wont work did a restart but was told after the restart that there was a problem with the restart itself so laptop was diagnosing problem which it was unable to fix options were given sorry don t remember what they all were but I did try different options the only one that worked was another reset to get me back to my desktop and internet but now have to keep the laptop on sleep mode instead of shutting down at end of day or can t start it up again without going through the diagnose action again there are also some keyboard misfunctions as you ve probably noticed I m not sure what other problems exist obviously some important applications were removed during the reset I don't know what they were I didn t realize the changes would be so drastic so now I need help in finding out how to get my laptop and system back to working order Im handicapped so the laptop is my lifeline to the outside world especially in the winter months thank-you waltlee

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/71028-asus-x751m-windows-10-after-laptop-reset-issues.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I ve been passed a laptop to sort out which was full of malware Windows running slowly and occasionally crashing the usual state of a machine used by someone clueless and apathetic about computer security I was told I could just reformat it as he doesn t on this 7 doesn't help) Windows Please (factory laptop reset load help! won't want anything off it saving so I tried resetting it to the factory default which seemed to work but when Windows booted up it just stuck in the Windows loading screen black screen with the four colour flag thing I tried safe mode but it also crashes gets stuck whilst loading - the last file it lists in the loading screen is WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS I retried factory reset with the same results so I tried to install Windows on to the laptop from my Windows DVD in case the factory reset image on the laptop had somehow gotten corrupt but again Windows locks up or goes into an infinite wait state whatever it is and now I can t even access factory reset as the non-working install on the laptop didn t add the option of course I ve tested the physical memory MEMTEST and the hard drive and they both give no errors and I ve reset the BIOS to it s original settings a million to one chance that that Please help! Windows 7 won't load on this laptop (factory reset doesn't help) was the fault but I tried anyway so can anyone suggest anything please The laptop is a Samsung np e a-a uk Windows -bit AMD A M CPU GB RAM nbsp

A:Please help! Windows 7 won't load on this laptop (factory reset doesn't help)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-windows-7-wont-load-on-this-laptop-factory-reset-doesnt-help.1148817/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop on updates Windows 7 hangs reset factory L D-S It was a great little Windows 7 laptop factory reset hangs on updates laptop for a few years then it became very slow I had actually turned it off and put it away for a few months because I didn't feel like messing with it Well I got it out and ended up doing a factory reset on it At a certain stage of the update process the CPU would peg at and stay there and quot looking for updates quot would lock forever looking Well looked around on the net and it's a known issue Downloaded a patch update for the update client and it seemed to fix the issue It found and downloaded about more updates and the CPU was no longer pegged at Great news right Wrong As it is updating it hangs up on about update and nothing more happens Just keeps quot installing updates quot stuck on in perpetuity I know patience grasshopper let it keep going I did so for over hours still stuck on update I have tried interrupting the updates and am unable to do so In fact that was yesterday Just now opened it to get the specs and still stuck on This is the second time I have tried to reset the computer The first time I did a hard shut down and when I turned the computer back on the CPU was once again pegged at and wouldn't install the rest of the updates Here's the specs Toshiba Satellite L D Windows Home Premium bit AMD Sempron SI- mhz GB RAM I'd Windows 7 laptop factory reset hangs on updates appreciate any help you can offer

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/129415-windows-7-laptop-factory-reset-hangs-updates.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My nephew arrived with his laptop that will not start up, it gets a blue screen with an error message saying that there is a missing file in the startup. All I want to do is set it back to factory conditions. It is a Monza T100 and I tried emailing Advent with no help forthcoming. I know it is generally a matter of pressing a number of keys together but so far it has evaded me. Any help would be well received

A:Reset Windows 8 Advent laptop to factory conditions

On Windows 7 tapping the F8 key during boot-up was popular with Advents - not sure about Win 8.I assume you have no Windows disk or restore disk. You might be able to get the latter from Advent.Keep watching for other ideas.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/reset-windows-8-advent-laptop-to-factory-conditions/1523.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Basically, every time I try to reset/restore/refresh, the end result is a black screen with a mouse cursor. Logging in works fine, though it didn't before I ran some virus, malware, and adware scans. I just can't seem to get any of the clean slate features to work. Any idea what might cause this?

General system info in the attachments.

A:Trying to reset a laptop with Windows 8, but keep getting black screen w/ cursor

just as an fyi, a lot of us are at work when using this site. As a result, I know I cannot see the pics you posted as I've blocked the site imgur at work. Any chance you can upload them just into this site?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-reset-a-laptop-with-windows-8-but-keep-getting-black-screen-w-cursor.1147555/
Relevancy 49.88%

Acer Aspire 5532-5534
Windows 7 Home Premium

I can't get the laptop to boot past the glowing window logo that says "Starting Windows". It doesn't freeze it just hangs there forever. I tried booting into safe mode and it hangs at windows\system32\drivers\atipcie.sys and then restarts.

I don't need to save anything on the computer so easiest way to get it up and running will work. I don't have any discs to restore.

Thank you in advance.

A:can't get laptop to boot past starting windows logo

Sure you don't mind to loose everything?!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241106-cant-get-laptop-boot-past-starting-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i put on my laptop but it wont go past the (starting windows screeen)........i tried (launch start-up repair) but
it cant detect my os......i dont have any restore points and no recovery image........i also tried the (rstrui.exe
command in the cmd prompt) but it couldnt detect my os also......can some one help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-but-it-wont-go-past-the-starting-windows-screeen.1069788/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am not entirely sure what happened or how to fix this so here is what I was doing and what i've done to try and fix it I was on my samsung laptop last night and I found a folder called quot Searches gt Indexed locations quot I saw it was taking up some space so i went through some of the files seeing that some were Type Shortcuts So I deleted them to free up a bit of space thinking quot it's only a shortcut can't harm it quot Now some icons are not after laptop starting 8 System Restore Samsung Windows missing from my windows start screen and some programs have become inoperable because of missing files I Samsung laptop Windows 8 not starting after System Restore tried System restore to bring some Samsung laptop Windows 8 not starting after System Restore of it back it was going ok then Samsung laptop Windows 8 not starting after System Restore when it tried to restart showed the samsung logo then just blackscreened for hours It was on but blank Haven't been using the laptop long so I don't really know the specs on it My parents got it for me they said it came with no DvD CD for me to use to format the laptop and I cant get it on to boot it up right for me to format it to begin with I atleast do know the graphics card was an AMD Radeon HD Can't seem to access Bios either EDIT One thing I forgot to mention which might have something to do with it is I was using a custom windows theme because microsoft being as stingy as they are from what i assume does not enable you to have your own theme so I had something called the quot ribbon disabler and UXTheme Cracker quot to use a custom windows theme Sorry if this is the wrong section wasn't entirely sure where to post it Any ideas help EDIT Ok I honestly am not quite sure what's going on but after like the th time of restarting it sometimes i restarted it immediately sometimes i let it sit a while it has now asked me about recovery and i'm just telling to to completely clean itself Going to see where it takes me from here

A:Samsung laptop Windows 8 not starting after System Restore

Have you made the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD. (Windows 8 only)
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8 (Windows 8 only)

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/42135-samsung-laptop-windows-8-not-starting-after-system-restore.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Ugh. 3 Problems 1 Week.

First, a performance error, then BSODs now this?!

Anyway, the problem: While starting windows, the Starting Windows screen was stuck. Then tons of beeps. No order, just constant beeps. No key was stuck. I thought it was ram, so I took out and put back the ram, making sure it's auctually tight in the socket.

I'm starting to think the problems are connected somehow. Maybe failing ram?

A:Laptop stuck on Starting Windows, while constantly beeping

You could run a memory diagnostic: Memory Diagnostics Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345069-laptop-stuck-starting-windows-while-constantly-beeping.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello sir,i have hp pavilion dv 6700 laptop, i face booting problem , when i press power botton ,laptop get on and come windows starting windows and system get hang, after hang i press the power botton and restart again some time laptop able to boot and working properly but after shutdown , when i on again sytem hang on starting windows screen, i need to restart the laptop 2 or 3 time than laptop get on, i have replace battery ,and change ram ,but prblem are not solve, i run system dignostic test for hard disk and ram, test passed no error there , i tray after new installation but not solve, please help me,,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-dv-6700-laptop-freez-on-starting-windows-screen/td-p/5810826
Relevancy 49.88%

So when i start it up it asks to run the repair or start normally, both of them eventually take me to the Starting Winodws screen and freezes. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5040. I dont have any windows discs but i tried to use a windows xp disc to boot the computer from the CD Drive and it wouldnt work. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance :)

A:DELL LAPTOP, FREEZES ON STARTING WINDOWS SCREEN

Hi pelichjohn,
I would suggest you to run the Dell Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ?Diagnostics? from the boot menu.
Please share the findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19517950
Relevancy 49.02%

Model: HP g7-2204sd
HDD swapped for SSD 3 years ago

So my father's laptop has been working without problems for 3 years now up until now.

It will no go beyond the "starting windows" loading screen and when I try to boot it in safe mode it will hang on loading "classpnp.sys".

After maybe a 100 reboots it started and it worked for a while only to crash again showing a bsod (of which I have a picture) which I hope will help some.

I have already tried multiple fixes from the internet by looking up things like "safe mode freezes on classpnp.sys" but none of them have worked.

startup repair says there is nothing it can repair.

I will try to add a bsod dump if I can get it to boot again.

Your thoughts are very much appreciated. Many thanks!

Jorn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393552-windows-7-laptop-not-starting-hangs-classpnp-sys-when-loading-safe.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So I recently went to change my laptop from windows 8 down to 7. To do this I just had my installation disc, ran setup, and let it do its thing, resetting itself applying updates etc.
When I came back a few hours later it was stuck on Starting Windows with the logo not even pulsing. Restarting doesn't help, safe mode gets stuck at disk.sys and no matter what key I press I can't enter the BIOS.
I'm unable to launch my installation disc or a USB booter.

I can't find a solution I can even try anywhere! Can anyone help?
Thanks.

A:Laptop hangs at Starting Windows, can't boot from external device.

A windows 8 pc has an option called secure boot in the bios so you can`t mess with it, did you disable this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/358924-laptop-hangs-starting-windows-cant-boot-external-device.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys I have searched various places for based screen - UEFI Starting laptop Installation on stuck Windows a solution but not quite getting a complete answer for my problem or perhaps I'm just lacking the understanding I have an Acer Aspire s preinstalled Installation stuck on Windows Starting screen - UEFI based laptop with windows I used a bootable usb with windows bit to try an install windows instead I initially tried to run the setup from my desktop and somehow I messed up the installation I can now no longer start windows and get back to my desktop I am now trying to reinstall windows again from my bootable usb which I now made using RUFUS from a tutorial on this website I have tried using the UEFI Boot mode This is my bios when using it this takes me as far as the windows loading screen thereafter windows starting and freezes I then tried using the Legacy boot mode using another usb made using RUFUS My bios was now After going through the initial installation set up screens I select custom install and it his takes me as far as the step where you choose disk partition to install but there are several disk partitions and a message says that the main GB partition is of GPT style which doesn't allow I am unsure how to go about installing windows now which method to choose and which disk partitions to use as there are several Any advice would be much appreciated Sorry about the long post just wanted to be absolutely clear Thank you

A:Installation stuck on Windows Starting screen - UEFI based laptop

Try clicking on the Drive Options (Advanced) to delete all partitions, as fundamental to reinstalling any Windows OS as booting the installer.

I notice when you try UEFI mode there are no UEFI devices listed to boot. Try it again and this time put in the DVD or flash stick formatted only with Option One of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows.

Either way you must delete all partitions using the Drive Options pictured in Steps 7/8 of Clean Install Windows 7 during install to begin, then either create new partitions if you have a scheme in mind (e.g. OS on one, Data on another) or create and format one large OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349551-installation-stuck-windows-starting-screen-uefi-based-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Windows laptop that s running incredibly slow Several un-necessary processes are running in the background and possibly creating starting, running 8 slow---malware laptop and loading Windows extremely bad conflicts Windows 8 laptop starting, loading and running extremely slow---malware malware somewhere Can t run HJT on it nor GMER or DDS However here s MBAM log and Farbar Recovery scans Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows x NTFS Internet Explorer Windows 8 laptop starting, loading and running extremely slow---malware Sinikka SINIKKA administrator Protection Enabled AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C D Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected No malicious items detected end Here are the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool as the system is completely running awfully slow on start up and flipping through web pages Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Sinikka administrator on SINIKKA on - - Running from C Users Sinikka Downloads Windows X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Normal The only official download link for FRST Download link for -Bit version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link for -Bit Version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated See tutorial for FRST http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted AMD C WINDOWS system atiesrxx exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe Hewlett-Packard Company C WINDOWS system Hpservice exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system dashost exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S STB EXE SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX integratedoffice exe Impulse Point LLC C Program Files x SafeConnect scManager sys WildTangent C Program Files x WildTangent Games App GamesAppIntegrationService exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hpsa service exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Connected Remote HPConnectedRemoteService exe Realsil Microelectronics Inc C Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe Secunia C Program Files x Secunia PSI PSIA exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Reader x wekyb d bbwe glcnd exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-laptop-starting-loading-and-running-extremely-slow-malware.1119574/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys This is a pretty detailed explanation of what's AMD Windows (laptop) Radeon? hanging Screen Starting HD6490M drivers been happening while skipping over the petty details On the web trying to order take out suddenly the screen goes black fans go into overdrive and continues like this for about minutes Hold down power button to fully shut down and then restart On restart system hangs at quot Starting AMD Radeon? HD6490M drivers hanging Starting Windows Screen (laptop) Windows quot screen and again fans go into overdrive Eventually after a million AMD Radeon? HD6490M drivers hanging Starting Windows Screen (laptop) way of trouble shooting - find out it was the video drivers causing the issue HOWEVER no matter how many times I removed old drivers and installed new ones the problem persists and eventually decide to completely uninstall and do a clean install of Windows Enterprise After the clean install attempt to install drivers once again and it begins causing the same issue - hangs at quot Starting Windows quot screen and fans go nuts Decide to just soldier on and go without pretty graphics Honestly though not being able to play any games means this laptop has essentially become an unwieldy tablet for all intents and purposes My suspicion is it may be a bad PSU causing the issue by not powering the motherboard enough to properly run the graphics card Does anyone else have any ideas though If it IS the PSU being that this is a laptop and all are there any realistic cheap options for repair I've repaired internals of my previous laptops before but nothing as vital as the PSU Are there any programs or utilities out there that I might be able to try to I don't know Maybe direct power towards the graphics card instead of some of the processors This was my boyfriends OVERLY powerful laptop but after it crapped on him not being at all tech savvy he said I could have it and as its a yr old laptop I am determined to do everything I can to salvage it Thanks for any help

A:AMD Radeon™ HD6490M drivers hanging Starting Windows Screen (laptop)

Welcome to the forums.

Where did you get the graphics drivers from? For a laptop, you should only use the drivers that are provided by the manufacturer. In this case, Samsung.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/344802-amd-radeon-hd6490m-drivers-hanging-starting-windows-screen-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello All My friend has an Asus X A laptop that her son used and abused It was so loaded with spyware and who knows what else that I Laptop Asus Install? - X55A Reset to Home Clean or Windows 7 Factory had no other choice but to reset it to the factory set-up Asus allows users to do this by hitting F and then following the prompts For the most part the reset worked pretty well but the PC is still a bit sluggish in my opinion I did remove all the bloat ware I could find by uninstalling the software and turning off the corresponding software in MSConfig The laptop only has GB of memory and a Celeron processor and it is running Windows Home Premium bit I do not have the actual recovery DVD that can Asus X55A Laptop - Reset to Factory or Clean Windows Home 7 Install? be purchased Asus X55A Laptop - Reset to Factory or Clean Windows Home 7 Install? from Asus for The PC might have shipped with the DVD but who knows where it is I have turned on the Windows Firewall and installed Microsoft Security Essentials as I do not want to do too much until I figure out what the next step is All of the devices loaded properly in Device Manager and the PC can browse the internet Sometimes it runs decently and other times it is sluggish as I said So here are my ideas and I wanted to get some feedback advice If I could get a DVD with Windows Home Premium could I install Windows from the DVD and then use the Windows Product key which is printed on the bottom of the laptop to activate Windows My thinking on this is to do a clean install to wipe out any type of spyware or virus that survived the factory reset I will have to install the drivers that Windows cannot figure out but that is no big deal Asus confirmed that a factory reset should wipe out the spyware unless the spyware leaked into the partition that has the reset data Will Microsoft allow this as I have an OEM version of Windows vs a full retail version The other option is to purchase the CD from Asus I really do not see what this will do as it is probably the same thing as running the factory reset by hitting F Right Lastly is the fact that this PC only has Gb of RAM what is causing the sluggishness When I look at Task Manager the RAM usage is which is very high Thanks Bill Thanks bill

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/379800-asus-x55a-laptop-reset-factory-clean-windows-home-7-install.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys kinda new here hopefully I m posting this in the right forum section I m not that super oriented with computers I ll give it my best shot to explain what s going on here In short my PC just won t start The light turns on it boots up and then I get a black screen with text referring to either quot Start Up Repair recommended quot or quot Start windows normally quot If I choose start windows normally it brings me to the black booting screen with the windows flag then it proceeds to go back and restart the system going back to the black screen OR More likely it just stays stuck on the glowing windows flag This also occurs if I press F and go into safe mode After listing all the components before going into safe mode it simply restarts itself and goes right back to the black screen of the two choices If issue 7 drive boot past possible won't hard Windows" Windows "Starting I select Start up repair a grey loading bar appears below that on occasion freezes If I manually reset the computer try it again I get to a blue windows default background screen Windows 7 won't boot past "Starting Windows" possible hard drive issue and the message quot Startup Repair Your computer was unable to start Startup repair is checking your system for problems If problems are found Startup Repair will fix them automatically Your computer might restart several times during this process Windows 7 won't boot past "Starting Windows" possible hard drive issue No changes will be made to your personal files or information This might take several minutes Searching for problems this is beneath a blue bar that has been going on for at least an hour There s also a Dos window that reads X windows system cmd exe Anyone Windows 7 won't boot past "Starting Windows" possible hard drive issue have any idea of what I have to do A friend of mine thinks I may have to reinstall the operating system or get a new hard drive entirely NOTE My friend did in fact advise me of burning UBUNTU onto a disc booting my PC on that and then try to copy all of my data onto a portable hard drive This worked briefly and it would take forever It said it would require hours just to transfer four jpg images to my External hard drive After getting as much as I could UBUNTU froze I restarted it and now while in UBUNTU it won t detect my hard drive at all I have also attempted to make my defunct hard drive a slave to no avail which mostly just fails to boot the master hard drive My issue though is how would I take all of my things out of the hard drive before installing a new OS adding a new Hard drive thanks for the help I have a custom built PC with windows Operating system I believe it has a one terabyte hard drive - gigs of ram I can t get the specs on it because I can t get it working to find that information out nbsp

A:Windows 7 won't boot past "Starting Windows" possible hard drive issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wont-boot-past-starting-windows-possible-hard-drive-issue.1138072/
Relevancy 48.16%

would someone help me about my problem on my Toshiba satellite A105-S2712 OS Installation.

Windows XP pro OS installation freezes on "Setup is starting windows". What woul be the possible problem of my laptop?
I tried to download a driver for SCSI/mass storage device but i can't search on the net. Would someone also send me a driver for SCSI/mass storage device driver for my laptop?

Thanks in advance and hoping for your advice.

A:Winxp Installation On Toshiba A105 Laptop Freezes On "setup Is Starting Windows"

Are you reloading from the Toshiba supplied recovery CD/DVD's? If so, the most likely cause is a scratched or dirty CD/DVD.

If it's a regular Windows installation CD, then it's likely to be either the scratched or dirty CD/DVD or a hardware compatibility that isn't covered in the standard XP installation media.

From my research your laptop has a 60 gB IDE hard drive - so the SCSI/Mass Storage driver won't be likely to help your issue here (often the Mass Storage device on laptops is actually the SD Card reader)

Have you tested the hard drive (with a bootable diagnostic available for free from most hard drive manufacturers)? That could be causing these issues also.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146578/winxp-installation-on-toshiba-a105-laptop-freezes-on-setup-is-starting-windows/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Our trusty ol laptop Sony Vaio VPCCW FD refuses to load windows home premium bit original install since purchase I get stuck right after the starting windows logo at a black screen with a moveable cursor Strange thing is that I can plug the hdmi output to the TV and I can move the cursor around on the tv as well and the display off on physical button also functions normally all the same in safe mode with without networking and normal This happened when I tried to optional update the Nvidia video card won't moveable cursor boot, windows laptop starting Vaio black after logo screen with through windows update by itself Mid-install it failed and displayed a message something like reverting to previous graphics controller and then reboot now later showed up and it has not boot up since I think it s just stuck mid-boot at the graphics driver part but I don t know how to fix it without doing a clean install which is last resort System restore seems to have lost all its restore points even though i remember seeing creating restore point in the beginning of the update and the recovery partition will only do a clean install - no repair options there either I then burned the win HP x iso and tried to do a repair options from disk with no results Vaio laptop won't boot, black screen with moveable cursor after starting windows logo Thinking back to the XP days I proceeded to try a non-destructive Vaio laptop won't boot, black screen with moveable cursor after starting windows logo install on top of existing OS from the disk but it then says that the upgrade can only be started from within a functional windows and the only option is custom install which wipes everything wtf talk about taking a step backwards Running out of options got windows PE to copy drive contents to external usb but many folders kept asking for passwords so then got an Ubuntu live dvd and everything is backed up and i can type this forum post now Did lots of reading over the past few weeks and tried many things from scanning hardware and memory fixing MBRs and other command prompt things and ended up here where I see people are getting back into windows using FRST and some great help from the Guys here Ran the FRST from usb and here s the txt it generated amp Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-H AGV on - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log The only official download link for FRST Download link for -Bit version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link for -Bit Version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated See tutorial for FRST http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run RtHDVCpl - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run Skytel - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA Skytel exe - - Realtek Semiconductor Corp HKLM Run SynTPEnh - C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run IAAnotif - C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run IntelliPoint - c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MSC - c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SmartWiHelper - C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiHelper exe - - Sony Electronics Corporation HKLM-x Run ISBMgr exe - C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe - - Sony Corporation HKLM-x Run GrooveMonitor - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run APSDaemon... Read more

A:Vaio laptop won't boot, black screen with moveable cursor after starting windows logo

Hi have you fixed this issue or still require assistance??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-laptop-wont-boot-black-screen-with-moveable-cursor-after-starting-windows-logo.1122248/
Relevancy 46.87%

Help!!! My ex roommate reset a password to my computer and now I can't get onto it I need to reset my password I don't care if I lose my data

A:reset paswrd toshiba windows 7 home without reset disk

Which password ?  Windows log in password or BIOS password ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492997/reset-paswrd-toshiba-windows-7-home-without-reset-disk/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

My laptop stuck at Starting Windows screen.

I tried rebooting in safe mode but stops at one of the sysfile.
Tried System Repair but that did not work. I tried chkdsk also, it identified and fixed some bad sectors but after that also Startup Repair tried to fix but at the end came up with the message that "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically".

Any inputs will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

A:Windows 7 laptop stuck at "Starting Windows" screen

Work through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321515-windows-7-laptop-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So the other day I did a factory reset on my pacard bell pc, I did some updates and restarted. But then it started a oobe(out-of-the-box), and it didn't get past installing office 2010, so I presses ALT+F4 and came on the desktop, but a box popped up asking me to restart my pc with running oobe or something else. I picked the other thing and if I restart my pc now it gets stuck on "setup starting services" and a little box appears saying: the configuration couldn't been made and it's asking me to restart my pc, but it doesn't change anything. Any help is appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393164-packard-bell-pc-stuck-setup-starting-services-after-factory-reset.html