Windows Support Forum

pop3 Email account not shown after quick setup

Q: pop3 Email account not shown after quick setup

Hello,

Pop3 Email account set up but not seen.....How do I get past the big blue Accounts screen to use email that I set up?

I did a quick set up on a pop3 mail account in WIN 10. It is nowhere to be seen and only the blue colored Accounts screen is visible. I can set up more email accounts but can't use them. ?? If I try to set up the email account again (quick or manually) I get "account already exists". I'm stuck at the main blue colored set up screen. Since the email app won't actually load I can not get to the account settings to modify or delete the mail account to start over with a new setup. Anybody seen this before? How do I get past the big blue Accounts screen to use email that I set up? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/56836-pop3-email-account-not-shown-after-quick-setup.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: pop3 Email account not shown after quick setup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.69%

My dell laptop, doesn't allow me to select POP3 at the time of initial set up of email accounts in outlook. I am using office 365 license version.
Please guide how to change email account settings from IMAP to POP3 as one of my email id is need to change since otherwise it park all my email on server and the same gets full.
thanks,
Nilesh Gupta

A:How to change email account settings in outlook from IMAP to POP3?

Use Office Outlook on your desktop as your email app instead of windows 10 Mail-Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) and select Office's Outlook as your default. The win 10 Mail app is for webmail and home user use. You might need it for your Microsoft webmail Account but use Office Outlook as your mail email program for POP mail. Office Outlook and Outlook.com are unrelated in spite of the recycled name.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19989642
Relevancy 76.97%

I have had some success in further troubleshooting of Outlook The culprit with Outlook running very slow and swamping the system at CPU usage is with one of the three email accounts I Account CPU - Stopped Usage POP3 Outlook - Email 2003 Climbs Working had set up with it Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs I deleted the email account entirely and now Outlook runs smooth as a whistle with very low CPU usage But does anybody know why all of a sudden that email account started messing up Outlook I tried adding it back as a new email account but it keeps telling me the following error when I TEST THE SETTINGS Log onto incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server POP The problem could be your SSL or port settings for the incoming server Verify your port and SSL settings under More Settings on the Advanced Tab I have done this and called the folks who handle that email server to verify I have the correct settings but still get the above error Also when I attempt to re-add the email account CPU usage climbs to above - and Outlook no longer runs as smoothly nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

First, outlook is a good tool, but a poor choice for email. Consider using other software
such as Thunderbird.

All the data in Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Email) is held in the single .PST file for each user;
the bigger it gets, the more time and cpu it takes to get into it.

As for the errors, it would appear that the settings are wrong.
The pop3 stuff is for reading your email from the ISP and the smtp is for sending;
each can be correct / incorrect.
You need the pop3 domain name (something like mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com)
the correct port number (usually 110), AND
the proper login (secured or unsecured).

The sending side almost always requires a secured login on port 25.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-pop3-email-account-stopped-working-cpu-usage-climbs.99474/
Relevancy 66.65%

Seting up my Windows Account on a new Windows 8.1 PC I entered an incorrect email address. Towards the end of the setup I was told to check my emails for the code needed to complete the setup process. Clearly I can't find the code because I gave an incorrect email address. So my Microsoft account is in limbo and I can't use it. The computer and Windows 8.1 work fine but I can't use my Windows Account. I've tried a number of things to sort this out without success. Please help.

A:Wrong email Address Entered During Account Setup

Hello bdlittlewood, and welcome to Eight Forums.

See if you may be able to switch your account to a local account first, then switch it back to a Microsoft account using the correct address to fix this.

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 8

Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/72700-wrong-email-address-entered-during-account-setup.html
Relevancy 66.65%

How to setup a yahoo email account in Nokia device ?
Where can find Incoming and SMTP server ,ports etc ?
Thanks

A:How to setup a yahoo email account in Nokia device ?

Hi ... Read the Link below ... That should answer your Questions ...
POP and SMTP settings for email client programs - Mail

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/351255-how-setup-yahoo-email-account-nokia-device.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Can someone help me?!?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=65883

Thanks

A:pop3 account

You should stick with your original thread, not create a new one.

No more posting in here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/pop3-account-66080.html
Relevancy 59.77%

After selecting (email) +add account, I get a screen that asks me to enter my email address and password. I do so and get the following error message; "We couldn't find info for that account. Make sure the email address is correct and try again."

I'm not sure which address the email client is looking for at this point. However, I entered my valid address (xxxxx.q.com) and valid password to access mail.q.com / smtp.q.com (centurylink) servers. I suspect that the email client does not find q.com to be a valid domain name.

I cannot get past this point and have no idea what to do next. Can any help point in the right direction?

A:Cannot add 'other account' (POP3) to Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10585 Build

The best resolution to this and many other W10 email app problems is DUMP the W10 email client. It's a horrible piece of software, creates no error log, MS support seems non-existent and, no helpful W10 documentation exists.

I installed the Mailbird email client and had my POP3 account running is less than 2 minuets.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/42301-cannot-add-other-account-pop3-windows-10-pro-10-0-10585-build.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have checked the settings for these two apps against the settings of the one that behaves as I think it should. All app settings are identical as are the cox webmail settings for each account.

Can someone please help me getting the two misbehaving apps to not delete the messages from the server? If I have to delete the app and reinstall it that is fine with me but I haven't a clue as to how to do it.

Thank you very much.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69634-mail-app-pop3-account-removes-messages-server.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all

I haven't discovered a way yet of switching a POP3 account to IMAP without deleting and re-defining the email account in Outlook 2010.

IMAP is a better way if you access the same email account from multiple machines. If the account was originally defined with POP3 there doesn't seem any mechanism to change it to IMAP without deleting and re-creating the entire account.

This means backing up and restoring all the messages, address books etc before doing this -- a bit of a pain if you have to do this for 50 - 100 users and their email accounts.

Any quick fix or have I missed something.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Outlook 2010 cannot change POP3 account to IMAP

You haven't missed anything, as far as I know there is no way to change pop to imap.

A bit of a warning though, in the past when I have switched users from pop to imap and I added the additional IMAP account then moved the stuff from the pop account folders to the IMAP, sometimes email etc just disappears completely despite saying it had copied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/75818-outlook-2010-cannot-change-pop3-account-imap.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have checked the settings for these two apps against the settings of the one that behaves as I think it should. All app settings are identical as are the cox webmail settings for each account.

Can someone please help me getting the two misbehaving apps to not delete the messages from the server? If I have to delete the app and reinstall it that is fine with me but I haven't a clue as to how to do it.

Thank you very much.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/69634-mail-app-pop3-account-removes-messages-server.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I was able to set up my msn email account as a pop3 with no problem in XPpro and outlook 2007. With W7 and outlook 2007 I am not having any luck. Any one know of tutorial with these products? I have found a couple of general tutorials for manual set-up, but they didn't work. Is it possible?

I have tried connector. HTML mail lacks functionality in my book.

Any suggestions?

garywg

A:msn live email set-up as pop3

Quote: Originally Posted by garywg

I was able to set up my msn email account as a pop3 with no problem in XPpro and outlook 2007. With W7 and outlook 2007 I am not having any luck. Any one know of tutorial with these products? I have found a couple of general tutorials for manual set-up, but they didn't work. Is it possible?

I have tried connector. HTML mail lacks functionality in my book.

Any suggestions?

garywg

Welcome to Seven Forums, garywg.

I have a machine using Outlook 2007 and one using Windows Live Mail. I have both of them interacting with POP accounts.

What specifically is happening with your lash-up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/35532-msn-live-email-set-up-pop3.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Is there a way of checking POP3 e-mail without a pop3 program?? What I mean is there a web based way of doing this?

A:Checking Pop3 Email

Do you have a "Home Page" from your ISP that you have to log-on to?
is your pop acct. through your ISP?
I have one that I never go to , but it has a "Mail" link for it's web mail
service ,it's where all my spam goes. (all my mail goes through there
first before it goes to Thunderbird) so you should be able to read it
there I would think .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53258/checking-pop3-email/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I currently run XP on my home PC and intended to upgrade to a machine operating with Win 8.1. However got wind that 8x does not support POP3. I am not a tekky so don't really know what POP3 is other than my current home email uses it. Seen other discussions on this issue including how to get around this but all looks very complicated. So the question is does Win 7 support POP3 email? Regards.

A:POP3 email accounts

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. Windows 7 does not have a native email program within it. Most people use the free download Windows Live Mail or Windows mail. They both accept POP3 accounts. Both those free programs work on Windows 8 so you have no problem keeping your POP3 accounts. There are loads of other third part email programs out there!
This will be of interest:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...tart-to-finish

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/327837-pop3-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop account and I imap how 2010: Outlook new disable to account, pop3? old created can't Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3? find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account inactive in Outlook Also I don't want to get messages into two different folders Is there a way to disable the old pop account without removing it I have tried deleting the password so it won't send receive from that account but all I get is the constant quot enter password quot box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs I'd appreciate any advice users can offer Thanks in advance Jo PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win Home Premium and Outlook as in the subject line

A:Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3?

Quote: Originally Posted by boppy2010

Hi guys, as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts.

The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop3 account and I can't find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account, inactive, in Outlook.

Also, I don't want to get messages into two different folders.

Is there a way to disable the old pop3 account without removing it?

I have tried deleting the password so it won't send/receive from that account but all I get is the constant "enter password" box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs.

I'd appreciate any advice users can offer.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2010 as in the subject line.

you can simply move the emails of your pop account by going to "edit" on the top left corner and "select all" you'll see that all your emails are selected, then right click and select "move to folder" and move it to your IMAP mails location. and doing this may allow you to remove the pop3 account.

either way, let us know what you get.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/207640-outlook-2010-created-new-imap-account-how-disable-old-pop3.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am trying to install win2k from CD on an older machine that once had windows installed. I have formatted and partitioned the drive and is recognized during setup. The setup displays that it has completed and needs to reboot but when the pc comes back the setup process starts over again from the beginning, wants to format the same drive, and states the format will delete a found windows folder on that drive. I have no other option but to format or cancel the install.

A:Win2K setup is shown to have completed but has not

It sound like it is booting back into the CD. After setup has been completed remove CD.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/win2k-setup-shown-have-completed-has-not-4596537/
Relevancy 57.62%

I see options for Hotmail, Gmail, and Exchange...

Is there any way to configure Yahoo mail, or my ISP's POP3 email server?

I don't see any way after hunting around a bit. I still get most of my email via RoadRunner.

A:Configure POP3 ISP email acount?

Beep Beep...

At this point in time no one has written a Metro mail application that supports POP3 or IMAP.

Until one is available at the Store, Thunderbird or any legacy mail application will run fine
in Desktop mode.

Not sure if it will work today, because everyone knows mail ain't delivered on Sunday :)

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/4471-configure-pop3-isp-email-acount.html
Relevancy 57.62%

For over a week now I have not been able to down mail from Yahoo to Outlook I get the following error Task 'p k yahoo com - Receiving' reported error x CCC F 'The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or Internet service provider ISP ' I can successfully test account settings and send email However repairing POP3 not receive Can email in Outlook the account will not automatically retrieve yahoo account settings This happened on both my laptop and my desktop at the same time I am running only Windows defender on the Desktop and McAfee on the Laptop I have done the following things to resolve this issue Clean Boot Start Outlook in Safe mode Temporally disable all firewalls and virus scanning Run scanpst on pst files About one day after I stopped receiving mail I received this email From YAH mailto m aol com Sent Thursday May AM To p k yahoo com Subject Security Protocol Dear Account Users Some unusual activities have been detected due to security protocol You have reach the storage limit and cannot send or receive new message until you verify your mail box ACCOUNT VERIFICATION Your mailbox will not be affected and you will keep all your old contact folders and message Thanks Yahoo Team So how did these folks know that I could not receive email Do you have any suggestions how I can restore my ability to receive Yahoo mail by POP IMAP works Can not receive POP3 email in Outlook fine McAfee Windows defender and Bitdefender full scans report nothing

A:Can not receive POP3 email in Outlook

i have edited and removed your email address

you have reached your storage limit on the server
and thats a generic email sent , since you have reached this storage limit, yahoo automatically send out an email and also they stop you sending or receiving email

start with the "trash"/"bin"

IMAP will still connect and synchronise with the server
POP will not download anymore emails - as you will not be receiving them - because of the storage limit being reached on the server

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/can-not-receive-pop3-email-in-outlook-1000674.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Can anyone recommend any free pushmail software which would allow me to access POP3 emails on my phone?

I've got a Windows Mobile device so considering doing a free of always on mail at workoutofoffice.com/software/internet_edition
but if anyone can recommend another product which does the same thing I'd really like something to compare it with.

I've already posted this on the PDA section but thought I'd put it here too I guess it can be considered under the "all other osftware" heading. If this is incorrect, please free to let me know.

Thanks

A:POP3 email on Windows Mobile OS

So you manage your company's Exchange server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop3-email-on-windows-mobile-os.609186/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm working for a new company and am trying to set up my POP3 through Windows mail. The incoming and outgoing servers are the same (mail.companyname.com).I am able to receive email from this account. When I try to send an email I get an error message:The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'mail.brennco.com', Server: 'mail.brennco.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0EMy company has tested my incoming/outgoing email at their end and say it is fine. I called my ISP (ATT) and the can not support anything other than ATT mail.Can anyone assist - I really need to get this working!Thanks

A:Can't send email through POP3 server

May be the company firewall.
Look here on a solution.

Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/133295-cant-send-email-through-pop3-server.html
Relevancy 57.62%

my outbox on many machines will not empy (send) out of outlook. All versions on my mail server. The server recognizes the user/pass but will not send the mail. Some times it says the tcp/ip connection was stopped by the server. I can still recieve emails. All this started happening out of the blue. ALL server addresses are correct and settings corect on the nodes.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I have been using WLM 2011 for a couple of years now. Everything was good until last Thursday. I opened WLM and got an error about login failed. After checking my account settings, I noticed everything was now set up as IMAP. I called my ISP and they confirmed it was supposed to be POP3.

So... can I reset the account back to POP3 without losing my mail?

I did do a system restore back to a point a couple of days before this happened. No change.

Thanks for your help.

A:Windows Live Mail changed account settings from POP3 to IMAP

Use this link Windows Essentials: Worldwide Downloads - Free Email, Instant Messaging, and Photo Editing Software from Microsoft to upgrade to the newest version.
You wont lose anything. Then we'll address your other problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/327686-windows-live-mail-changed-account-settings-pop3-imap.html
Relevancy 57.62%

When I click on a hyperlink I am getting a pop up window that say's choose profile atop and profile name with ms exchange settings in a drop down window but I don't know how to configure. I would like to set my yahoo email account as the default email account-I don't want to download my email on this account. How can I go about setting this up?

thanks

z

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

My computer has been freezing if it is left for too long and I figured that I would try to reformat it using my old Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit DVD. When I try to restart with the DVD in the DVD drive my computer tries to start normally but then shows a black screen with the cursor in the middle of the screen. I cannot click on anything but if I take the DVD out the black screen changes to the login screen.

Thanks

A:Setup screen is not shown when trying to reformat computer

Did you buy the DVD in a store or did you copy it from an ISO? If not bought in a store I would suggest going to this site Dell Community and find the correct version of Win 7, download and burn to a DVD at no more than 4X. Try again to install Win 7. using this tutorial Clean Install Windows 7 Let us know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/269774-setup-screen-not-shown-when-trying-reformat-computer.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, id like to make it possible that every page i print on my hp laserjet printer shows the date when the page has been printed does anyone know how do i make this happen?

A:how to setup date to be shown on print page??

Check the "printing preferences". What is the brand/model of your printer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-setup-date-to-be-shown-on-print-page-630691.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Can someone please tell me how to set up multiple POP3 email accounts in Windows 8 mail?
I actually need 2 accounts.

I used to use Outlook Express but as this is no longer available I am stuck.
All I seem to be able to set up us Google and Hotmail Accounts.

All help much appreciated

Relevancy 57.19%

I have the POP3 account from my Webhost and IMAP set up with my AOL account in my Outlook 2000 program.

I configured the POP3 account with mail.(domain).com for both incoming and outgoing, with port # 25 for outgoing.

For the IMAP, I have set up imap.aol.com for incoming, and mail.(domain).com for outgoing with port #25 for outgoing.

I want to send emails using the mail.(domain).com account and not the aol account, as I'm trying to eventually quit using the AOL account.

I can receive emails fine, but for some reason, when send a test email to my yahoo account, I can't see the email. The Outlook program doesn't register any errors, and the email goes in the Sent Folder.

What am I doing wrong?

A:Cannot Send Email With IMAP and POP3 Accounts?

Check with your ISP to see if they have any restrictions on sending mail through mail servers outside of their system. We has AT&T DSL at home and when I want to send e-mails through my work server, AT&T requires that I to use a secure connection (SSL) to mail port # 465 on the company server. AT&T does this to make it more difficult for a spammers within their network to relay through third party servers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-send-email-with-imap-and-pop3-accounts.604785/
Relevancy 57.19%

Until recently my Outlook email worked just fine. The other day I began to receive many duplicate emails. I deleted my account from Outlook and re-entered all of the information. I ran a test email which seemed to pause on the "Log onto incoming mail server" but then it showed completed.
I have re-entered the email account data many times and keep getting the following error:

Task 'mail.xxxxdeletedmyserverinfo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR unable to open that message'

I sent this problem to Network Solutions but did not get a reply.

I can access my email through Outlook Express and directly through the web.

Thanks for any help.

A:Outlook 2003 can't receive POP3 email

Did you use the test function in Outlook when you set up the account?

Don't bother with the "Test" function in Outlook - it often fails for no particular reason.

If you did use it, try sending yourself an email the normal way.

The error you receive can be caused by

Incorrect Email settings.
Incorrect scan settings on anti-virus software (if any).
Corrupted account settings.

First, carefully check your settings. Make sure EVERYTHING is spelled correctly, spacing is correct ([email protected] instead of [email protected] .com), punctuation is correct . instead of ,

One of the most common causes of this error is invalid user name/password. Re-enter them.

Turn off your antivirus email scanning software if all settings are correct.

Since you deleted the account and recreated, the chances are slim that the account settings are corrupt.

Your mail server may also require SSL. I don't know where it is located in Outlook. Find Requires SSL and check the box. Make sure to apply any changes.

If none of this works, post the mail domain which could help us in working with you to resolve the issue.

Also, let us know if you are still receiving duplicate mails in Outlook.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392479/outlook-2003-cant-receive-pop3-email/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I use Outlook with SP on a Windows Ultimate x SP Service Pack Build since yesterday OS Outlook 2003: source email downloaded via pop3 is up to date nothing more to download in Windows Update at this moment Outlook downloads via POP mails from a gmail account I have the issue that randomly for an email with attachment s the source of the email is shown in Outlook after download instead of the correct Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3 formating of the mail the attachments as files The specific email is shown correct in gmail web interface Untill now I could not observe a pattern because this is happening for mails from different Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3 domains yahoo hotmail others with different attachments in size filetype mostly pps jpg txt or attachment quantity Its also happening from the same sender On the st encounter I asked the sender to send the same email again and it was downloaded correctly NOTE both email versions were displayed correctly in gmail web Is this a known issue I want to ask this before starting to Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3 deeply look into this The user of the PC is very attached to Outlook and upgrade to a newer version comes in question only if this issue cannot be resolved AT ALL Please advise what to check what to change I'm willing to do whatever needed to sort this out Both OS and Office is standard installation configuration no firewall Win Defender is ON Untill yesterday the same Outlook was used on WinXP for about years and with the same gmail account this never happened Cannot reinstall WinXP because of HW change Win needs to stay The PC in question is not the one from my system specs its a Fujitsu Lifebook PH Best regards Ivan

A:Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3

Nothing ? Is this really a neverbefore experienced issue ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/327760-outlook-2003-email-source-downloaded-via-pop3.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi
I have an LG Optimus P500 on Orange PAYG and am trying to set up a POP3 email account for TalkTalk emails
but the connection to the outgoing server fails- message apperars 'unable to open connection with server'.

I'm using identical settings to Outlook on my PC which works fine.
Not sure if this is to do with Orange network,LG or TalkTalk.
Any help appreciated.
Dan

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have just set up Sending Problem Hotmail/POP3 via email method my Windows Live Mail Windows Home Premium bit to send and receive Problem Sending email via Hotmail/POP3 method emails using the POP SMTP method but have a problem Problem Sending email via Hotmail/POP3 method I can receive emails - no problem but cannot send from this account and receive the following error message The host 'smtp live com' could not be found Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly Subject 'Just a Test' Server 'smtp live com' Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC D Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL Yes Socket Error Having searched the internet for the correct settings for a POP hotmail account I have set the account as described in several postings and checked them carefully The setting used are To access a Windows Live Hotmail account in any desktop email program Create a new account using the following settings POP incoming server pop Problem Sending email via Hotmail/POP3 method live com POP port POP SSL required yes POP user name your complete Windows Live Hotmail address including quot hotmail com quot quot live com quot etc POP password your Windows Live Hotmail password SMTP outgoing server smtp live com SMTP port If you run into problems sending mail try quot quot for the SMTP port instead SMTP SSL required yes SMTP authentication yes SMTP user name your full Windows Live Hotmail email address SMTP password your Windows Live Hotmail password I have tried both and for the SMTP port setting but neither solved the problem I would really appreciate any advice as to how I may cure the problem before I tear out what little hair I have left Thanks

A:Problem Sending email via Hotmail/POP3 method

When setting up my live mail account, I let it do it automaticlly and never had a problem. You could try to remove the account, close down live mail. Then open live mail and re-add the account and let it add it automaticlly. If succesful, check the settings and compare to your settings you have listed and see what the difference is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/239254-problem-sending-email-via-hotmail-pop3-method.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Windows XP Media Center Edition -
This Dell Dimension only has USB ports, no conventional/serial kbd and mouse ports.
Prior to Windows loading the user interface, the keyboard works, but once XP comes to the login screen, the keyboard/mouse are not recognized.

To sort this I am trying to simply logon as the Administrator in Safe Mode. However, I am routed right back to the graphical display UI, shown the User accounts, with no "Administrator" account showing and no keyboard.... defeated again.
Isn't there a way to get XP to boot directly to the Administrator account?

I seem to be getting power to USB devices that require such, but no USB function - I'm assuming other drivers will load once I actually access a user account, preferably the Administrator

A:Solved: Administrator Account not shown in SAFE Mode ??

I have just had a quick look through your posts as I seemed to remember posting on a thread that you started about Windows XP Media Centre edition.
Having read your posts, is this a new installation on this computer, after a format.
Try disconnecting all usb devices, except mouse and keyboard, if of course any are connected. ie: printer, camera, external HDD etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-administrator-account-not-shown-in-safe-mode.966437/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am SSL stopped have 7- via been receiving a on Update? email it could POP3 Windows Outlook Win running Office on Windows RTM for a couple of months without problem Suddenly Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update? Outlook generate errors whenever it tries to read email from my Yahoo account POP server Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update? Yahoo uses SSL for both POP and SMTP server connections Whenever the Outlook error appears I also get an error in the Windows Application log-Outlook error-Task quot rjo - Receiving quot reported error x CCC F quot The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or the Internet Sservice provider ISP quot App log error- XML view - - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Schannel quot Guid quot F - - - FDC-C FF F C quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt OtterPC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot AlertDesc quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt On the day that the last message was received Outlook still worked I got a boatload of Windows updates I did a system restore to when it worked but no success I did everything in the various KB articles to troubleshoot new profile with new data file - no luck My WinXP boot partition on the same machine works fine with its Outlook install I tried tuning off the Win firewall Any ideas

A:Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update?

I'm sure you know yahoo requires a plus account paid subcription for email clients since yahoo was working on your previous operating system. Also if it's of any to use you this link has the yahoo plus client settings.  http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06a311ad-a43a-4148-84c0-9564870d2f63/outlook-stopped-receiving-pop3-email-via-ssl-on-win-7-could-it-have-been-a-windows-update?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.9%

I use Outlook for all my email requirements One BTinternet com email address One Outlook com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP Wanted to change the Outlook com to IMAP with my understanding being that this would then sync both ways with the web-mail for Outlook com Deleted the old POP account settings for the Outlook com email address and then went through the process of setting up again using the automatic configuration rather than the quot manually configure quot 2016 Outlook POP3 accounts email and Server Exchange - thinking this would automatically use IMAP Left settings unchanged for the POP BTinternet com email address To my surprise the Outlook com email address was not setup as an IMAP but as an Exchange Server Initially thought this would be ok as this would also Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts sync both ways with web-mail Soon discovered however that any email coming in to my still remaining BTinternet POP email address was also arriving into the Outlook com Inbox Why is this happening and what do I have to do to still keep the POP email Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts separate from the Exchange Server email each using their own Inbox Both Inbox's are listed in the left hand panel Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts of Outlook Any help much appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/57561-outlook-2016-exchange-server-pop3-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 55.04%

After working fine for four months in Win7 Ultimate, W.L.M. now displays the bodies of emails as attachments when I first open them. The next time I open them, or after a relaunch of W.L.M., they will probably show normally. How to fix ?

A:email body shown as attachment

Could you Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/230679-email-body-shown-attachment.html
Relevancy 55.04%

After working fine for four months in Win7 Ultimate, W.L.M. now displays the bodies of emails as attachments when I first open them. The next time I open them, or after a relaunch of W.L.M., they will probably show normally. How to fix ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/email-body-shown-as-attachment-646355.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Does anyone have advice for my outlook express on Windows xp pro? I recently had to open up a secondary business email with a different server(IMAP) and my first (default) email is POP3-which works fine-Is it that I cant have a different server for a gmail address? Or do I have to change something else to allow it-it kicks back the emails with socket error with lots of 00000000-any advice?Thank you

A:outlook express email won't go through errors shown

Perhaps -> OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for an IMAP Server

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-express-email-wont-go-through-errors-shown-651412.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hi
I cannot see an email from a specific mailing list.
The exchange admin says that according to him the email is sent to you.
But its not shown in my account. I was earlier able to recieve emails but not now. The emails are sent at my address according to our exchange administrator.

I have checked In each and every folder in my outlook 2010 but is not there.
I also used the from keyword in search and couldn't find it in any of folders in my outlook.

It is not in deleted folder.

It's not in the quarantine box. We are using Microsoft quarantine facility.

There are no rules defined in my outlook.

Any help?

A:Email from specific mailing list is not shown in Outlook 2010

Any clue as to what's going on in?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/312962-email-specific-mailing-list-not-shown-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I was living with a relative who had a comcast account. She allowed me to put my email address on that account. Relative moved away, closed the comcast account. I opened up a new comcast account and wanted to transfer my email address from the first account to my new account. How do I do this?

A:transferring email addresses from one Comast account to another comcast account

If the account was closed then the messages are likely gone. Unless you have them stored in an email program on your computer such as Outlook, Live Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-email-addresses-from-one-comast-account-to-another-comcast-account.1069973/
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed Windows on Christmas Day and I skipped the email account setup parts I never used any APPS yet in fact I removed everything app-related from my start screen including notifications etc I have used the Classic Shell so account up my local Live Setting account email 'destroyed' far but today I thought Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account I'd set up the Live email account login While I was setting up the app account I kept getting emails from the live account manager to confirm what I was doing and I confirmed each one The last thing it Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account asked to 'Trust this PC' I did so and my machine name appeared on my Microsoft account profile page under quot Trusted PC quot But when I restarted I Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account could no longer log in with my local account or the new Live email account I logged in as Administrator and saw that my local account name was changed from my username to lt xxxxxxx yyyyyyyyy com gt my live account ID It would not allow Administrator to change the account name or my password I tried to log in with the email and Live password but it said I could not log in with his PC and that I need to resolve the issue with the live account on-line I had a password reset disk USB drive and I used it It started up the reset wizard and I put back my old password It finished with no error but I still could not log in Finally I logged in as Administrator and restored my Acronis system image from yesterday Then everything was back to normal I have no idea what happened I was very careful doing each of these steps I see a clue though on the Microsoft account page in the Trusted PC area is says quot To add a trusted PC to your account you need to access your account using Internet Explorer and have Windows Live Essentials installed quot I was using Chrome to set this up and I don't have Live Essentials installed There was no indication in the set up that this was required But at any rate it still listed my machine name as trusted so what does that tell you

A:Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account

What exact steps did you take when creating the live account?

Was this a new account? or did you use the switch to a Microsoft account?

I could not tell you what happened.

I have several Local and Live accounts on my system for testing, and I do not have Live Essentials installed
All of my accounts work perfectly. And across PC's, as I have a desktop also setup with a couple of different and same accounts.

It is possible that Chrome caused an issue. and it is possible you need Live Essentials to use chrome properly. I don't know as I forbid Chrome being installed on any of my PC's.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/17310-setting-up-live-email-account-destroyed-my-local-account.html
Relevancy 52.89%

It used to be not connected to any email account but when it updated to 8.1 I chose to get an email address for it, so now as a result, the password has to be 8 characters long and I have to use a PIN number , but that's still 4 characters, and I usually use one character password.

So how do I go back to the normal type of user account to use the 1 character password?

A:My user account changed to an hotmail-email account connec

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 8

Local Account Password - Change or Remove in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36644-my-user-account-changed-hotmail-email-account-connec.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a new ASUS notebook and it uses Windows 8. On my home pc I have Windows Vista and was able to set up multiply email accounts in Window Live Mail. (my charter, my hubby charter, 2 school google accounts and yahoo)
I was able to read mail coming thru our main email acct (my charter), if an email came thru that needed to go to my hubbys account or another account I was able to drop and drag it to the other account listed on the screen.

I have most of my emails set up on my new ASUS notebook. Is there any way to drop and drag emails from one account to another? I can drag the email and hover over the new email account, but it does not drag it.

Thanks for any help. I am new to the notebook thing and windows 8.

Debby Durden

A:Move email from one email accout to another email account

If you are using Live Mail on both Windows 7 and Windows 8, use the instructions in this video - Windows 8 Tips: Moving Live Mail From Windows 7 - YouTube

This technique works WAY better than exporting and reimporting them.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/47297-move-email-one-email-accout-another-email-account.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I've been using Windows for weeks Until today it started up just fine by displaying my name and no email address This is exactly how I want it to be Today when Win would not recognize a printer in order to download an quot app quot to help with this I was required to provide a Microsoft email account which I did an old Hotmail account I rarely use Now when I restart or wake up the computer that old Hotmail account appears as quot Administrator quot However I do NOT want that old Hotmail email address associated with this computer How can I remove it and get back to logging in with NO associated email address NOTE I do not want to delete the old Hotmail account just want to remove it from my Windows quot Account quot menu My name Hotmail address quot Administrator quot In case it's required to associate Win with an email address I use Windows Live Essentials with a company email address I tried adding it via the quot Other Account quot option but Win said it did not recognize the email address I entered sigh I saw threads with a similar question but not quite the same Thanks for any help

A:Can I remove but not delete MS email account from user account?

You have converted your local user account to a Microsoft account. It's easy to switch back to a local account, just follow the instructions in this tutorial: Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

When you have switched back to a local account and you want to download another app from the Windows Store, follow the instructions in this tutorial (Method Two, Step 5) to keep using your local account to sign in to Windows and only use a Microsoft account to sign in to Store: Store - Sign in with Different Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

A useful tutorial to learn the difference between a local account and a Microsoft account: Local Account or Microsoft Account - How to Tell in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43338-can-i-remove-but-not-delete-ms-email-account-user-account.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Win 10 and was loving it (was). Saw there was a mail app and thought that would be pretty handy. Signed in and since then, I have to log in to my PC as my email address and password.

I don't want that.

How do I revert my existing user back to a non-Windows live user, with a normal, local account and password?

I am happy to not use the Mail app if that's what it takes, but my concern is that the profile I have now has all my icons and docs and stuff and I don't want to go through the hassle of copying over the profile.

There must be a way to undo this change, but I can't find it.

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys Im looking at just testing out check VPN Quick setup how a VPN works a quick overview is i have a vista laptop and a windows desktop along with a billion n router Both the laptop and desktop have static lan ip address asaigned to them I would Quick VPN setup check like to dial into my desktop machine from my laptop I have setup my desktop to recieve in coming connections but when i am setting up the laptop to allow outgoing connections im a little bit unsure on one aspect When it asks for the internet address i want to connect to which is my desktop machine do i have to type in the lan address of that machine or do i have to put in the wan address I have followed the help guide on the forum but i was still a little confused I just need to setup my router as well to allow pptp connections but that should be pretty straight forward hopefully Hope you can help Liam

A:Quick VPN setup check

We have some tutorials on this here. It looks like they are using a User name and LAN address to me. There is some info on the required router settings at the bottom of the outgoing VPN page.

Virtual Private Network (VPN) - Enable Incoming VPN Connections

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...nnections.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223211-quick-vpn-setup-check.html
Relevancy 51.6%

It's me again,

For some masochistic reason, I'm buying a pre-built HP box. When it comes in I will be cannibalizing my power supply (the HP one is a lacking 300W) and a DVDRW drive out of my existing machine, as well as a new video card direct from everyone's favorite egg.

My question is thus: Will HP's software 'freak out' on me because of the nonfactory parts, necessitating a post-setup install?

KK

A:Quick new-pc setup question

It shouldn't. I don't have an HP, but I don't see any reason why it should.
(if it does, don't blame it on me:D)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/quick-new-pc-setup-question-102985.html
Relevancy 51.17%

How do I use a live.com email account (Microsoft account) - to reset a pasword, as i have no idea?

A:How do I use a live.com email account (Microsoft account)

moving to email as this is not a virus issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-use-a-live-com-email-account-microsoft-account.1162247/
Relevancy 51.17%

Something odd has just happened with my mail.
I previously had both the hotmail account and an MS Exchange work email account loaded onto the Win8 CP mail.
Now the exchange account has disappeared, and there is no longer a button anywhere to allow me to add the account back in.

Anyone have any suggestions?

A:email account deleted, no option to add new account?

are u using the metro app? if that's the case;

in your Metro Mail App, open up the charms bar (win key+C) and go to settings or accounts, from there you can add new or delete...
Im not on my Win8 right now to post screenies, but I think u get the point.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/5233-email-account-deleted-no-option-add-new-account.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am in the process of setting up a home business and wish to set up a separate business email account with low set up costs I currently have a personal Hotmail and Gmail accounts but wish to create a secondary Gmail account for my business I do not have a registered domain name I tried numerous ways to set up a secondary gmail account without success it would initially email up account email to secondary set [moved gmail Cannot forum] accept the Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] new gmail address but Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] when it would ask to activate the account it would not allow me to login to the account to do this It would come up with a Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] message advising that the account address is unknown So I would again go through the process and it would then advise that the username is already taken so I just keep on going around in circles I then went into Google Apps for business in which it would ask me to register my domain name for a fee of per year However the domain name would be registered under the two option provided Enom and Go Daddy Neither in which I am familiar with Can you please offer some assistance My first preference would be setting up a secondary gmail account and if not is google apps for business a reliable avenue in registering my business name in order to obtain a professional separate business email account and if so which provider is the better option Keeping in mind I wish to keep the costs at a minimum at this stage

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/cannot-set-up-secondary-gmail-email-account-1086073.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Good afternoon everyone! I have both a Hotmail (live.com) email account, as well as, the email account(s) provided free by my ISP (Cox Communications).I would like to inquire if there are any methods/programs I could utilize so that if I receive a new email in my Hotmail account (while offline, for example)...I would be alerted via either some icon on the Taskbar and/or sound generated?Thank you for your time and any information!

A:Hotmail email account; any ways to be alerted when a new email arrives?

@ Moderators/Admins: This topic may be CLOSED for comment! It obviously was of no interest to anyone, and I managed to locate some helpful assistance in another forum!Thanks anyway!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416739/hotmail-email-account;-any-ways-to-be-alerted-when-a-new-email-arrives/
Relevancy 50.74%

I m using Quick Books Pro to set up an account for a bookstore that sells all books on consignment for the authors Because Quick Books Setup Inventory there are multiple copies of the same titles we need to keep track of inventory in Quick Books but Quick Books wants to put the inventory into an asset account The books on hand wouldn t be Quick Books Inventory Setup consdiered an asset because they belong to the authors until they are sold They aren t a liability either as they would be returned to the authors in the event Quick Books Inventory Setup of closing the store and the only money owed would be any unpaid amounts to authors on books that have sold The help menu says that consignment items need to be set up as non-inventory items probably because most consignment items are one-of-a-kind These books need to be kept as inventory items though How can I set up the inventory without assigning it to an asset or liability account Thank you nbsp

A:Quick Books Inventory Setup

Hi Fab.
You can set up the inventory to calculate at zero dollars per item, and have it linked to an other asset account called consignment books, which would then always have a zero value. You would accumulate lots of zero amount entries which would make your file get really fat really fast. If you are really small, perhaps this is not an issue. You would probably have to create a payable at the time that you sell the bookby manually entering the bill separately.

You can consider setting up a separate QBooks file to do all this "inventory" tracking as well.

There is usually a way to "trick" QuickBooks, but you just want to make sure that it doesn't "bite you back".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-books-inventory-setup.149098/
Relevancy 50.74%

If I run WiN98 setup, and it says that I have an WIN 98 already setup on that drive... If I allow it to over rite that 'exisitng win98' would it delete my files I have also on that drive?

OR will it just 'update / referesh my exist. win98 oS. Leaving all my other programs / files etc. ok!?

I am having to do this as the system is not recognizing my hardrive afeter posting. I read on the internet that one reason it hangs after 'Update DMA information' is that the boot area on the drive may have been corrupted and running win98 setup will help re-write the boot area.

thks

A:Windows Setup... help req'd.. a quick quest.

Let me put it this way... It really depends on how you reinstall the operating system.

Here is a link to help you reinstall without losing your information. However, be advised, it is always wise to make a back up of your system prior to doing this. I have seen it GO BAD, but not very often.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;250928&Product=w98

Good luck...

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-setup-help-reqd-a-quick-quest.271061/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello All I recently clicked on a Google Images picture and AVG warned it had a virus I clicked out ran AVG and it said everything was clean Recently however my G Mail Reported in Email Email Virus Sent / Compromised Account account was compromised Someone from a Chinese IP address logged onto the account and then sent emails to a Chinese website to my contact list I changed my password but I wasn t sure if it was a virus or if my email was compromised in some other way Yesterday I emailed a PowerPoint presentation to a professor which he said came up as a virus Now when I try to open my own attachment a browser page filled with odd text shows up If it matters the presentation was sent Compromised Email Account / Reported Virus in Sent Email through my university s edu account not the G Mail I use Windows AVG is still showing Compromised Email Account / Reported Virus in Sent Email the computer is clean but given the set of circumstances it seems I Compromised Email Account / Reported Virus in Sent Email may be infected Thank you for your self

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364897/compromised-email-account-reported-virus-in-sent-email/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an att.net email account which is now serviced by Yahoo. Today a spam message originated from my account and was sent to everyone on my contacts list. "xmas" was in the subject line and the content was a web address which opens to a website apparently selling medications from Canada. Webroot antivirus has not detected any virus or malware on my computer. What should I do? Do I need to close the att.net email account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/contacts-from-my-email-account-were-spammed-using-my-email-address.969897/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I work for an investment company and by law ALL emails sent and received, must be read and initialed by me daily. Currently I am having to get all the emails from each individual in the office. Thank goodness its a small office of 4 or this might take much longer than it currently does. Is there any way that I could set something up so that all emails incoming and outgoing, from all individuals in the office, could be sent to my account? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

A:receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

You could have email rules set up on each account that auto forwards a copy of both incoming and outgoing to your account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-both-sent-and-received-email-from-the-office-on-one-email-account.526784/
Relevancy 50.74%

Running Win 7 .  Opened spam email by mistake and email account hacked. Acct locked by server after 1600 email sent. Account has been recovered.  I ran full scan with Microsoft Essentials and Malwarbytes and both clean.  Then I did a full scan with Kapersky and it showed 1 malware  of Trojan.JS.Agent.cfl located on my external harddrive in my backup files location and possibly 2 other locations on the report.  I have pdf ofKapersky report if want to see.
I also ran AVG 2015 and it was clean.

Not sure if I should just delete the backup files from my external hard drive.
What other scans can I do to make sure everything is OK?? - I have not noticed anything unusual with computer yet but want to ease my mind.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570847/win7-email-account-hacked-by-spam-email/
Relevancy 50.74%

I will be out of my office for several weeks and although I will be able to leave Outlook running most of the time, I won't be able to access email, so I want to use an out of office message. However, I have never tried this using pop3 email and I can't figure out how to do this. I have looked at help inside of Outlook, but I can't seem to save my message as an Outlook template.

If anyone could set me up with some instructions I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Delta

Relevancy 50.74%

I have searched google for ours trying to find a fix for this but to no avail.

CD drive and virtual drives dont appear in my computer and whenever i put in a dvd nothing comes up.

it appears in device manager and disc management however so i know there is nothing physically wrong with the optical drive. Under disc manager i can see the details about the dvd such as dvd name, size etc.

i tried changing drive letter and path but unfortunately that doesnt fix it. the letter "applies" for a second then disappears again.

any help would be highly appreciated.

also i am using windos 7 with all the updates installed

A:CD-ROM and Virtual drives not shown in my computer but is shown in Disk management

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-and-virtual-drives-not-shown-in-my-computer-but-is-shown-in-disk-management.1020621/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm at the setup point where I have the option of checking:

"Use Int. Expl. rotection (SD Helper)" or
"Use system settings protection (Tea Timer)"

I'm not sure what those mean. Thanks for any replies.

A:Solved: Quick question about Spybot setup

Check both of them for the best protection - real time checking and tea timer will warn you about registry changes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-quick-question-about-spybot-setup.588085/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all...Quick question: I changed the profile pic on my primary Outlook account (which is connected to Skype). I made these changes on the MS Account page online. Theoretically, since my SP4, S3 and 950XL are all signed in with that account, the profile pic on each should change. Well, it happens quickly on the S3, but not so on the SP4 and the phone and also on Skype (across the devices).What accounts for this delay which, as of now, is running past 48 hours and how to fix it?Thanks in advance.Edit: Also, when I open Edge, since I am always signed into my primary Outlook account, it should show the updated profile pic, but it does not. Any ideas why?Tags: ringtones download, funny ringtones

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/quick-question-ms-account-profile-pic/777.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok, when i go into Internet options in IE it says that it is restricted, then to contact computer admin.. well my user accounts only have one account which is me.. and it says its set as system admin? so how do i acces these options? im not really sure what im doing wrong, but im sure someone knows.. Thanks

A:Quick Useer Account Question.

When you first got the computer did you set up an account for yourself or did you just change the name on the built in administrator account?

Try just signing on as Administrator.
What happens?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68469/quick-useer-account-question/
Relevancy 49.88%

Rather than using the "Easy Install Wizard Disk", I used the web based "Alternate Setup Method" to install my Belkin wireless router with 3 wired and one wireless.

The setup went ok. Workgroups each have 2 folders (1 Printers & Faxes, and 2 Sched Tasks) Is there a way of draging a shared folder to the workgroup OR

My question is....Should I still run the Network Setup Wizard if I want to share docs? Seems like the Belkin Manual would mention to do this, instead of saying "Congrats....You're Networked!" ????????

All advice is appreciated. Thanks

A:Network Setup Wizard. Should I install it? Quick&EZ Ans Wanted

The router is not sharing documents. All the Belkin does, is letting your computers communicate and that obviously works.

Sharing documents is something that Windows does and you have to use Windows to set that up. Since you are seeing other computers (printers and tasks), then all you have to do is share a folder on a computer to make it visible to others. Right click, sharing..

No, the Belkin wizard will not help you in this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-setup-wizard-should-i-install-it-quick-ez-ans-wanted.50522/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
Cousin has an old Toshiba he bought pre loaded with W7 Home Premium. He was running it as he got it and I had him add a standard user account for general use and a quasi-administator account for working. He has been running that way for a while. Today I needed him to look in the C:\ Users account and it shows the quasi-Administrator, his standard user and a Administrator.
Is it hard to get rid of the Administrator account, that isn't showing up in User's Accounts from the control panel.
Thanks for any help!
Glenn

A:No Administrator shown in User Account, but shows in C:\User ?

Hello Glenn,

The "C:\Users\Administrator" user profile folder is for the built-in elevated "Administrator" account. It's only created the first time that the built-in Administrator account has been enabled and logged in to.

When the built-in "Administrator" account is disabled, it will no longer be displayed in "User Accounts" (Control Panel) or the log on screen. However, it's user profile folder will still be there since it contains that account's personal settings and such.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304394-no-administrator-shown-user-account-but-shows-c-user.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all...Quick question: I changed the profile pic on my primary Outlook account (which is connected to Skype). I made these changes on the MS Account page online. Theoretically, since my SP4, S3 and 950XL are all signed in with that account, the profile pic on each should change. Well, it happens quickly on the S3, but not so on the SP4 and the phone and also on Skype (across the devices).What accounts for this delay which, as of now, is running past 48 hours and how to fix it?Thanks in advance.Edit: Also, when I open Edge, since I am always signed into my primary Outlook account, it should show the updated profile pic, but it does not. Any ideas why?edited by moderator: removed spam links

A:Quick question: MS Account Profile Picture

It could be a matter of a cached webpage. Have you logged out of your email account and logged back in on each device?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/quick-question-ms-account-profile-picture/777.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently changed from gMail to a email client. Why is my email being sent to the email address I want it to, then immediately after to literally my gMail (<name>@gmail.com) account, is there any way to prevent this ?

A:To my email account - to gMail account ?

Very confusing post...please explain in more detail, as specific as you can. What email client are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/242217-my-email-account-gmail-account.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone. Fine?

So, I have just added my second email account to Windows one (I have one only for Xbox LIVE), as I can't use my other email with the Smart Glass app with this account. Anyway.

I add the account on W8 settings, and it says the user must be connected to internet for the first time setup. I have a desktop, so I'm basically all the time on internet. Anyway, I switch users, try to login unto my new account but, for some reason, it says I need to be connected for the first time.

I'm not sure why that is happening, as when I switch back quickly to my normal account, internet is working perfectly...

There is almos more two accounts on the system, my brother's and mom's (making that 4 including the Xbox Live one)

Anyone had this problem? If yes, how did you fixed it?

Cheers.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/23054-cant-setup-new-account.html
Relevancy 48.16%

my email account is sending email to all of my contact with links that it contain virus and i dont know how to stop sending this email DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Admin at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus Enabled Updated EAA A - EE - B - DA- C E SP Kaspersky from account email email spam my Anti-Virus Enabled Updated CBD - DB- AC-AF A- B A SP Windows spam email from my email account Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows System ChgService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwssvc exe C Program Files Nitro PDF Reader NitroPDFReaderDriverService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Fingerprint Reader Suite upeksvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Windows System SupportAppXL AutoDect exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOEMON EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Fingerprint Reader Suite psqltray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system WgaTray exe C Program Files Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows system wuauclt exe c program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Program Files HP Digita... Read more

A:spam email from my email account

Hi,

If help still needed post fresh dds logs, please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/spam-email-from-my-email-account-607619.html
Relevancy 48.16%

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed"
I only get this when i send from my long time email address a msn.com one. I cant find where to check the pop settings on this laptop or dont even know if that would work. Can you help me understand why i cant send or reply from this one address of mine, all the others work fine. just this one email address of mine that has been mine from the beginning of internet in my life.
Thank You , Nancy

A:Email from one email account not sending

What are you using to manage email? . . Outlook Express? . . Outlook? . . Windows Mail??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/email-from-one-email-account-not-sending-903809.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone!

I'm completely confused. One of my clients is a company and I've shifted their email hosting from webmail to Google apps. I have also transferred their domain name from the previous hosting provider to mine. So I've changed their DNS and it works well with Google apps.

The problem however, is that they still sometimes receive emails from their webmail. The emails that they receive in their webmail are emails from their previous service providers' clients. I don't know if I've explained that well enough.

What I don't understand though, is that HOW is the other email hosting provider able to direct their emails to the webmail, when all DNS points to Google apps? I've even asked my domain registrar to clear the DNS cache in case that was the problem. Does anyone know what might be happening here? Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443227/one-email-account-two-email-logins/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a 2007 Gateway Laptop with Microsoft Vista on it. I have a personal email account with Hotmail.com

This morning when I checked my email, there was several emails indicating a delivery failure. However an email advertising viagra from a canadian drugstore was sent using my account to several people on my contact list. I checked with them and they definitely got that email.

So I think I have some kind of virus or malware that is using my email account to send spam email to people on my contact list.

Can anybody help me with rooting this out?

Thank you.

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-spam-email-was-sent-from-my-email-account.931108/
Relevancy 48.16%

Email with a link to spam is being sent to my contacts from my email account Here are the requested files except for GMER file I ran it three time and my computer froze each time DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Rusty at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system Email my Spam Email Account from being sent svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Spam Email being sent from my Email Account Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe Spam Email being sent from my Email Account -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost Spam Email being sent from my Email Account exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ABIT ABIT uGuru uGuru exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe C Program Files Epson Software FAX Utility FUFAXSTM exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATICLA EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIFJA EXE E Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe E Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Documents and Settings Rusty Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig hl en home uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp rls com microsoft language amp ie inputEncoding amp oe outputEncoding amp startIndex startIndex amp startPage startPage mSearch Bar hxxp www starbarsearch com useie amp q mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class e fb- dd- f -b ac-b cae f a - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dll TB EPSON Web-To-Page ee d f- b- - d-c b aaeba d - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google ... Read more

A:Spam Email being sent from my Email Account

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375680/spam-email-being-sent-from-my-email-account/
Relevancy 48.16%

I want to create a limited account for a second user. But I want to deny this user access to a particular hard drive, possibly two.

I have created the account, but how to set up the permissions?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-account-setup.844822/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have Outlook 15 set up on two machines -- one is under window 7 and the other under Windows 10. Both will allow me to setup email POP accounts.

However, on my new Windows 10 HP Laptop, Outlook 16 will not allow me to setup a POP account. I fill out the form for manually setting up a POP account but when I test the settings in the last step I get a message saying it failed loggin onto incoming mail server and so forth.

I am quite sure I set the Outlook 16 account exactly as I set up the Outlook 15 accounts.

Can someone help me set up a POP account under 16?

BTW, I can let 16 automatically set up an IMAP account.

Thank you.

A:Outlook 16 Will Not Setup a Pop Account

When manually setting up a POP account, not only do you have to make sure that the pop/smtp server info is correct for your ISP but also make sure you have the incoming/outgoing ports and security options set up.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/126958-outlook-16-will-not-setup-pop-account.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

What is the proceedure to setup new user accounts in XP? Thanks

A:Setup new User account on XP

From Windows Help:

To add a new user to the computer
When you add a user to your computer, you are allowing that individual to have access to files and programs on your computer.

The steps to perform this task differ depending on whether your computer is a member of a network domain or is part of a workgroup (or is a stand-alone computer).

My computer is on a domain

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
On the Users tab, click Add.
Follow the instructions on the screen to add a new user.
Notes

Add New User gives an existing domain user permission to use the computer.
You can only add existing domain users by using User Accounts. To add a new local user, on the Advanced tab, click the Advanced button. In Local Users and Groups, click Users, and then on the Action menu, click New User.
You should not add a new user to the Administrators group unless the user will perform only administrative tasks. For more information, click Related Topics.
My computer is not on a domain

You must have a computer administrator account on the computer to add a new user to the computer.

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
Click Create a new account.
Type a name for the new user account, and then click Next.
Click Computer administrator or Limited, depending on the type of account you want to assign to the new user, and then click Create Account.
Notes

The name you assign to the account is the name that will appear on the Welcome screen and the Start menu.
The first user you add to the computer must be assigned a computer administrator account.
Notes

To open User Accounts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click User Accounts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-new-user-account-on-xp.141130/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to setup a new Windows 8 computer that is going to be a gift. I need to go through the setup procedure so I can install some software which is also part of the gift. How can I do this without having to use a Microsoft account, or at least with leaving the least amount of account remnants for the new user?

A:Setup without Microsoft Account

unless you do an upgrade and not a clean install, i dont think there'll be a problem with remnants , and you dont really need a microsoft account to install windows, its sth you set up later , just do a clean install and format any other partitions of the disk and ur gift is finishd .

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/46135-setup-without-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm a 7 newbie. I wish to setup a standard account without password for visitors. I will employ parental controls to limit access to most programs. How do I edit the Start menu of the newly created standard account so that the restricted programs are not visible? At the moment, the Start menu in standard account is the same as in Administrator account. Thanks.

A:Setup standard account

Welcome to the Forum,

Use the guest account, its there for the very purpose that you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/64566-setup-standard-account.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am being Hijacked by a search service called email protected It redirects me to its service when I misspell URLS or try to download updates from microsoft I keep getting annoying If a could Solved: quick someone take look! [email protected], pop-ups on winning ipods Pop-ups are getting crazy I will post my HJT log however I am pretty sure that I should fix the following O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip B D B F -B - -BEAD- B CE BC FC Solved: [email protected], If someone could take a quick look! NameServer EDIT List of Sites that have being coming up browsers affected email protected Internet Explorer Mozilla Firefox CutieBear Internet Explorer Winantiviruspro net Mozilla Firefox Internet Explorer On IE winantivirus Causes pop ups freezing and occurs freequently The funny part is that Netscape Navigator the one browser I never use is totally clear of pop-ups redirects and slowing However I am still unable to download anything on Netscape It simply shows a blank page and says quot document done quot at bottom Here is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services Anti-Virus fsgk st exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services Common FSMA EXE C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services Anti-Virus FSGK EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services Common FSMB EXE C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services Common FCH EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services Common FAMEH EXE C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services Anti-Virus fsqh exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services FSPC fspc exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services FSAUA program fsaua exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services Anti-Virus fssm exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services FWES Program fsdfwd exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services FSAUA program fsus exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services Anti-Virus fsav exe C WINDOWS system dlcgcoms exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Dell AIO dlcgmon exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services Common FSM EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Eastlink Internet Security Services FSGUI fsguidll exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http myeastlink ca R - HKLM Software Mic... Read more

A:Solved: [email protected], If someone could take a quick look!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-search-hand-if-someone-could-take-a-quick-look.734220/
Relevancy 47.73%

My grandfather has a Comcast email account but wants to just click his windows live shortcut to access it.

I added a new account to the windows live so he could access his Comcast email.

Currently he has to click the sync button in windows live to pull the emails from Comcast over to windows live.

Is that as good as it gets or is there a setting somewhere that will make the emails received at Comcast show up in windows live without hitting the sync button.

I am assuming he does not have a windows live account because while having it open he is not signed in and all emails sent from windows live show up as being from Comcast.net when they arrive so I don't think forwarding will work.

I hope that makes sense.

A:Quick email sync question

Look in here http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Convert-Comcast-Mail-from-POP-to-IMAP/td-p/1458177 this may be some help 

also https://xcbetasignup.comcast.net/imap_trial/web/ IMAP registration 

Or You can setup a Google account and linked that to your comcast email and setup google to IMAP to Windows Live.

Comcast doesn't support IMAP function in residential services.

I do have a comcast email address but I prefer to use gmail.com 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508731/quick-email-sync-question/
Relevancy 47.3%

And Can't Get Online Without Finishing Account Setup My admin at work configured a new laptop with Windows created a user account on it for me and gave it to me so that I could get it setup with all my stuff over the weekend ready to go on Monday morning When I got it home this evening and went to sign on it says that I must be online in order to finish setting up my account But I can't get in to configure it to my home network without being signed in Of course the admin is completely unreachable until Monday and of course I have to have this thing ready to go Monday morning I have my username and password How can I Setup Can't Without Finish Online... Being Account get online so I can finish setting up my Can't Finish Account Setup Without Being Online... account and get rolling Hopefully my question makes sense If not please ask - I'd be Can't Finish Account Setup Without Being Online... glad to clarify Sincerely Hoping I'm Not Hosed PS FWIW the laptop is a new Toshiba Satellite S -S i with GB RAM etc Don't know Can't Finish Account Setup Without Being Online... that anything else spec-wise matters - it's just stock

A:Can't Finish Account Setup Without Being Online...

Hello Oinkaphone, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if you may be able to use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to enable the local built-in elevated Administrator account at boot, then sign in to it to configure it for your home network.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Afterwards, of course, finish setting up your user account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/19993-cant-finish-account-setup-without-being-online.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I was a Windows user and yesterday I installed Win Pro which I purchased almost a month ago just didn't have the time to install it was better that I didn't have any time and since then I can't figure out lot of things one of which is really disgusting See that my mom and I use the same laptop she uses it on morning and I at night And thus I created two user accounts for example mine is A and me two [Win Pro] 8.1 with setup help users account Kindly my mom's is B Now when I turn on the lappy it goes straight into my account without even asking to which I want login Where on Windows after the welcome screen always there was an option of two accounts but story Kindly help me with two users account setup [Win 8.1 Pro] has changed So what should I do to get it back like it was on Seven I Kindly help me with two users account setup [Win 8.1 Pro] just want each time I reboot the machine there must be an option of both accounts and I will choose where I wanna login PS Both accounts of my mom and mine are set as admin Kindly help asap she is an amateur and she gets confused when the lappy goes straight into my account Thanks

A:Kindly help me with two users account setup [Win 8.1 Pro]

Try this mate: Sign in - Show All Users or Last User in Windows 8
Show all users is the one you'd want. Also, passwords often help solve the issue as well, and are recommended, especially for people with admin rights, because malware may be able to install without your consent, and passwords put a wall up against this.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/39616-kindly-help-me-two-users-account-setup-win-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi friends,

I get quite a laugh reading the posts about older brothers not wanting their little brothers to screw with their computers when they come over! Thanks for a great forum!

Anyways, I want to charge total strangers to log into my computer using logmein or similar vnc service. Can you guys help me find a way to be able to show only one program upon vnc log in and ALSO on the start menu.....to show only those programs that are needed by the user?

Yesterday, I got a start down this road, but when I went to what I called a 'public' limited account, all the programs were still showing, but when I tried to start them, windows gave an error.

Maybe I didnt give Windows Vista time to do its thing..what do you think..any advice appreciated!

thx,

Paul

A:pls. help setup my limited account for VNC access

Hi,

Anyone?

thx,

paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pls-help-setup-my-limited-account-for-vnc-access.754480/
Relevancy 47.3%

I try to set up POP account in Outlook 2007 but I am not able to click the "Internet email" option as it is disabled. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, there I am having trouble with setting up my account on the hp connected music system. I had an account previously, however my laptop updated and I lost a few things. Everytime I try to either login or setup an account I keep getting a message stating there was an error communicating with the account service. My internet coonection is fine and I don't know how else to setup an account. Please help me find a solution. Thanks,Nathinisi

A:hp connected music account setup

Hi @nathinisi, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that you have troubles when setting up the account on HP connected music system. I wanted to help. I found a document may help: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03560726 To learn more about the HP Connected Music app or find help, see HP Connected Music Support Forums Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. Regards,  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-connected-music-account-setup/td-p/5716918
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Toshiba laptop and the update to 8.1 wants a password and to set up a user account with Microsoft email account...I don't want to setup a Microsoft account I want just a password only... How does one go by setting this up?

A:Dont want to setup a Microsoft account

For what it is worth, I suggest setting up a Microsoft account.

It makes installing future updates easier.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/42362-dont-want-setup-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, there I am having trouble with setting up my account on the hp connected music system. I had an account previously, however my laptop updated and I lost a few things. Everytime I try to either login or setup an account I keep getting a message stating there was an error communicating with the account service. My internet coonection is fine and I don't know how else to setup an account. Please help me find a solution. Thanks,Nathinisi

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/hp-connected-music-account-setup/td-p/5716918
Relevancy 47.3%

No such thing as dumb questions? Well here goes...I've never really setup other accounts on my XP home edition, but I'm trying to setup a limited user account with just games for the younger kids and I'd like to lockout access to the All Programs menu, the recycle bin, and lock the desktop. I know how set all the Start Menu options but not the others. Will it change global settings? Any ideas? Thank You!

A:Limited user account setup

I am thinking that you want to do this on your home computer? I work for a library system and a big part of my job is locking up computers. A good tool to start out with would be TweakUI front at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx Here you can get rid of some of the things you want to remove (like the desktop. Not knowing your skill level, but if you are comfortable changing the registry a good website would be http://tweakxp.com . I use a number of tools that I use when I set up a public computer. I start with the PAC security tool designed by Bill Gates Foundation which is 100% free. Info can be found at : http://pacomputing.webjunction.org/do/DisplayContent?id=7593 and here: http://securepc.org/index.html . It is the best tool ever you can limit accounts to have nothing if you wanted too. The only problem for you is you need XP Pro to use it. When I get that all set up I use a lock and key program that you add to you computer. With these two on a computer no one can ever bring a computer down. Found here: http://www.centuriontech.com/ they also make a software version for home users. Let me know if you have any questions.

TK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-user-account-setup.363688/
Relevancy 46.87%

i have to print out a bar code sticker to return a package by Wednesday,

it's in my wifes computer, she emailed it, every photo and "Bar Code" i needed to print out was an

empty box with another little box in the upper left hand corner with a 'Red X" in it

i made a CD copy from her Documents and got the same empty box and the Red X again...

is there a setting i can change.??
internet options..?? lots in there i know nothing about.

ANTEC 900 Case.
ASUS Rampage Formula X48.
Intel e8400 3MHz Core2 Duo.
VISTA 64bit Home Premium.
Silent Knight2 CPU cooler.
8GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1400.
2x Western Digital Caviar 500GB HD RAID1.
VisionTec Radeon HD 3870 1 Gb.
Cosair 750 watt PSU
OPTI UPS Battery Back Up.

A:need help quick!! i cant download images, bar code, in Email,

I would try using a flash drive and make sure you are not copying a shortcut to the picture. I would also try open with and try a photo editing program.

Jeremy

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/194407-need-help-quick-i-cant-download-images-bar-code-email.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Can I simplify first time setup as follows: since I am the only user, can I set up a single user account with administrative privileges and no password, given I have no microsoft account just local? If I do not need a password, how do I set it up without one? If I do that, will it complicate being the administrator? Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I will be using Windows 8, Home edition

A:Setup-single user account with no password?

Hello JoGirl, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Yes. You would just need to set it up using a "Local" account instead of a "Microsoft" account. Only with a local account can you leave the password fields blank to not have one.

The only issue with it being an administrator account without a password protection would be a security issue of everyone being able to use the account since there is no password they must type before being allowed to.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/15263-setup-single-user-account-no-password.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi-
Thanks for your possible help -
I have a guest account already setup on my WinXP box. I now need to ensure that the person who will be sharing this pc, under the guest user account I got created for them, will not have ANY access to my own files.

Can someone tell me what steps to take to ensure that I properly designate that level of access to my user?

They will only need to connect to the internet, and maybe run Word and Excel. Other than that, I really dont want to give them anymore than that for now.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello This is on a Account Limited User Setup Solved: ASUS laptop WIN I d like to have a Limited User Account for facing the internet on my son s laptop I have this Solved: Limited User Account Setup on my old Dell which is running XP SP His ASUS has Express Gate which I understand is based on Linux and fairly safe but has limited functionality and I d rather see him using a Limited User account The following link shows how to do it and I m wondering if this is the way to go http technet microsoft com en-us library ee v ws aspx When I go to User Accounts I see two accounts one called quot Alex quot - administrator the other Guest - quot off quot Is the Alex account the out of the box admin account Solved: Limited User Account Setup that my son named which had administrator rights Should the system s admin account show up here as well I was expecting to see the System Admin account here as well I d like to follow the info in the above link but got stuck on what I saw in User Accounts Any help will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,
I've had Outlook 2010 installed for over two years on my laptop and everything has worked great.

The other day, I tried to set up a new email account and when the wizard appeared, it didn't give me the choice for MANUAL setup. I then realized that the window for the wizard was not showing all the words... the sentences ran past the viewing window and outside where I could not see, which is where the manual set up button was "below". There are no scroll bars or a way to adjust the wizard and I even tried playing with my display settings which did not work either.

I did find a work around that got my email set up but I couldn't go into advanced settings to adjust ports because of the same issue. I've looked everywhere for a fix and haven't been able to find anything... please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-no-manual-account-setup.1112246/