Windows Support Forum

Touch pad is not working also the update firmware ...

Q: Touch pad is not working also the update firmware ...

Touch pad is not working also the update firmware v1.17 keeps on failing. Please help. Btw, I'm using Aspire E 14 E5-473-304W.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Touch-pad-is-not-working-also-the-update-firmware-v1-17-keeps-on/td-p/443992/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Touch pad is not working also the update firmware ...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 16.77%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 17.2%

SO close Help me get this ball across the goal line I have a old quot Microtek ScanMaker E quot scsi flatbed scanner that originally came with an ISA scsi interface to give you some idea of how old it is I connected it to my PC using a equally ancient Tekram F pci SCSI card c 64bit my got scanner Almost w/Win7 old working that I ve been using with bit WinXP Pro for years The scanner has an - quot x quot scanning bed dpi and bit color reproduction It works great and I see no reason to spend a few hundred dollars to replace it just for Win compatibility so I m trying to get it to work with the bit Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit version of Windows To complicate things the company that made my SCSI card Tekram went out of business years ago so the bit XP driver was the last they made But after MUCH Googling I found a bit Win compatible driver for another card using the same chipset and low amp behold Windows recognized it It then quot detected quot my scanner for the first time but didn t have a driver Again after much searching I found a Vista bit version of Microtek s quot ScanWizard quot scanner software with bit driver and now bit Windows detects my scanner Yeah But when I try to access the scanner I get an error telling me I quot must install Color Matching System first quot for the scanner to work I don t remember any such software being needed to use the scanner with XP and there is no such program in the ScanWizard software I just installed searching online suggests I will also need to run an quot ICC Color Profiler quot Anyone have any ideas So close yet so far I love doing things I was told were quot impossible quot Help nbsp

A:Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

That Microtek ScanMaker E3 scsi flatbed scanner ... didn't even work well with Windows XP... and the cost in time and components to attempt to make it work are much higher than a decent Canon or Epson scanner which can be had fof $40... Less if used...

On what system are you runny SCSI ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/almost-got-my-old-scanner-working-w-win7-64bit.157055/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 17.2%

AMD has launched their first WQHL-certified Catalyst graphics card driver update since December 2014, bringing a heap of new features and performance updates across the board, as well as the usual array of bug fixes.

Read more

A:AMD launches major GPU driver update: Catalyst 15.7 WHQL

I have played with the CFX and Freesync support on the Acer 1440p 144hz monitor. Works great and makes me want to actually own a Freesync monitor now...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-major-gpu-driver-update-catalyst-15-7-whql.216359/
Relevancy 17.2%

Greetings!

I have an MSI GS70 laptop here , its about 1 month old and the webcam has stopped working,

It has worked earlier, Nothing happens when I try to start it and when I try to find it in the device manager it is not there.

Any idea what I can try?

Thanks!

A:MSI GS70 Gaming laptop Webcam not working

Ok I have an MSI GT70, did you try activating it via the toolbar at the top of the screen that comes on MSI laptops. It looks like a tiny paperclip at the top of the screen in the center, there should be once you open that toolbar up an option to activate the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-gs70-gaming-laptop-webcam-not-working.197211/
Relevancy 17.2%

Resolved DNS on other on one problem working laptop, DNS network computers problem on one laptop other computers on network working I returned home for the holidays with my laptop running Windows Enterprise -bit When I connect to the wireless network my laptop reports that it is connected with internet access but there is no browsing capability at all P P works Steam works but Chrome Firefox Steam browser give me DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working the quot This webpage is not available quot page telling me that the DNS lookup failed All the other computers at home are working happily My settings were to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically nslookup said DNS request timed out It didn t work with the wireless or the wired internet with an ethernet cable I set up another network by using my iPhone as a hotspot to make sure it wasn t an issue with all connections and my computer could browse just fine using the iPhone hotspot But it didn t work with my home connection The first thing I tried was to use openDNS s DNS addresses and with my home connection It still failed and nslookup gave the same quot DNS request timed out quot I reset the modem router it s combined unfortunately to factory settings and tried directly connecting with an ethernet cable again It worked for half a second and I opened webpages before it stopped and gave the DNS errors again I tried the wireless internet and it still didn t work I can connect to the modem router I made a guest network just to try it and I got DNS errors again When I reconnected to my primary network it worked for half a second again then stopped My next attempt to fix it was going to the cmd prompt and typing ipconfig release then ipconfig renew I restarted my computer and tried again but I still received the same errors with P P working like before I turned off my firewall and tried but it still didn t work Then I tried ipconfig registerdns restarted my computer and tried again Still didn t work At this point IPv has been disabled but it s still not working I restarted the modem router multiple times but it does nothing to alleviate the problem I have Microsoft Security Essentials did a scan nothing detected Also tried System Restore to two days ago got an error about how it failed Summary Using openDNS address Turned off IPv ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig registerdns no virus trojan system restore failed None of the above worked Other computers at home using the ISP s provided DNS server work My computer works with other connections but not my home network Is there anything else I can try Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

Fe3C said:

Summary:
Using openDNS address.
Turned off IPv6
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /registerdns
no virus/trojan
system restore failed

None of the above worked.
Other computers at home using the ISP's provided DNS server work[1].
My computer works with other connections, but not my home network.Click to expand...

Good work. The router is fine[1] so don't fuss with it anymore.

Look for an updated driver for your WiFi adaptor.

On any working system run IPCONFIG /ALL and compare it to the results on the failing system. Look for missing Gateway address or IP address like 169.x.y.z

Some concern re failing system restore, but that's not a networking problem per se.

Work on a wired network first and then move to wifi.
Empty all manual settings on the LAN Connection (get properties, scroll to tcp/ip, click property button - - check ALL tabs; delete everything.

You should be able to PING 8.8.8.8 and then PING google-public-dns-a.google.com.
This shows the LAN adaptor has connectivity and DNS resolution.

Now do the very same sequence with your WiFi connection.
Disconnection from the router and then reconnect.
Inspect IPCONFIG /ALL again to look for valid IP addr, gateway addr and valid DNS settings. (not the OpenDNS you had before).

ping 8.8.8.8 ; if this doesn't work, then the WiFi settings are invalid even before DNS is an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-problem-on-one-laptop-other-computers-on-network-working.174565/
Relevancy 17.63%

So this is my first time making a forum post since 169.xx ip address working, Ethernet not I am not desperate because nothing I ve tried has worked So two weeks ago I had an electrical surge in my house on my desktop the ethernet port on the motherboard died so I sent Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address back my motherboard to have that fixed Now that I have it back I tried getting my ethernet to work though now the Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address connection properly works as in Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address the local area connection is now at least recognized I still have no internet access I just tried reinstalling Windows bit fresh install after I wiped everything My ethernet adapter is called Realtek PCIe GBI Family controller I have a E Linksys router and a Comcast modem I tried plugging the ethernet cable into each other but no luck Currently I m attempting to at least make the desktop use the modem internet directly I seem to be sending packets but not receiving them when I looked in the Status of the Local Area Connection in network connection details I have an autoconfiguration ipv of xxx xxx ipv subnet mask and nothing in the ipv default gateway dns server or wins server and no ipv default gateway I ve tried many things too many to name now but I am willing to try anything you guys mention and post the appropriate data or logs just tell me what it is you would like to see Any help would be highly appreciated nbsp

A:Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address

Anytime you see 169.x.y.z, that's the clue that your DHCP request to the router did not get an answer.

DHCP should return an IP address directly related to your router's address and two DNS addresses.

search the form for DHCP - - I've posted a solution here on TS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-not-working-169-xx-ip-address.203386/
Relevancy 17.2%

HP G62-b80SS laptop
Many keys in the keyboard aren't working. I've successfully replaced the motherboard for this laptop because it went dead because of some dampness trickling going inside and is now otherwise working fine. It's been abandoned for 7 months. I've reseated the keyboard connector and cleaned it with a contact cleaner.
I guess I need to get a new keyboard, am I right?
Thanks!

A:Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

Or the motherboard keyboard connector is damages by corrosion...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-keys-in-keyboard-not-working-hp-g62-b80ss-laptop.213407/
Relevancy 16.34%

AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware. There's a ton of controversy surrounding what did...

Read more

A:AMD is working on Catalyst beta drivers for 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' and 'Project Cars'

"AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware."

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, "runs like crap" doesn't strike me as professional an expression as "runs terribly" or "are both exceptionally poor performers on..." It may convey the sentiments of the accompanying article comments, but those are supposed to be crude.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-is-working-on-catalyst-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-and-project-cars.213323/
Relevancy 17.63%

My hard drive died and I took it to a computer shop where he put in a new one and windows XP, as no one had a vista disc. Since I got it back the blue Fn key doesn't work. Numbers lock works, but all the F keys, volume controls, brightness controls and my crt/lcd don't work at all. Dell doesn't seem to have a driver that I can find. Does anyone have one that would fix this? Is there another way to use the F keys, especially the crt/lcd without having to use the Fn key?

A:Fn key not working on Inspiron 1501 with XP

Be sure you are the registered owner, then call Dell Tech support, and ask them to send you the install disk set... It is usually free for the original owner, if not supplied at time of purchase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-key-not-working-on-inspiron-1501-with-xp.156952/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Razer BlackWidow keyboard Recently I downloaded and installed the latest version of Razer s Synapse on update keys swapped firmware Razer BlackWidow to try and fix this issue I was having with my Naga Lo and behold my Naga issues Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow were fixed but another problem emerged The new version of Synapse added support for the BlackWidow and also upgraded the firmware But after the upgrade my Windows and Alt keys have been swapped so when Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow I press one I get the other The only way I ve been able to fix it so far is to use SharpKeys to switch the keys back around but when I connect another keyboard that keyboard now has its Windows and Alt keys swapped It s not that big Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow of a deal but I do swap to a quieter keyboard late at night from time-to-time and I would really prefer to have it fixed without having to rely on a workaround like this I ve check around and I can t find any information about this issue and Razer s support website is completely useless as usual Likewise I haven t had any luck so far with downgrading the firmware either Does anybody have any idea on what I could do particularly other BlackWidow owners nbsp

A:Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow

Can't you just go into Synapse and assign the Windows key to the Alt key and vice versa? All the keys are programmable and hopefully this wouldn't affect your other keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-firmware-update-swapped-keys-on-blackwidow.182990/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi
I have an asus x555ld-x0549h, it has a built in camera that does not work. I have been searching for a driver all day and didnt find a thing...
then I tought that the camera was being blocked and I enabled it and... still noting...
can anyone help me please?
I'm using windows 8 and the camera app says that I need to plug in a camera... so.... wtf?! :S

A:Asus x555ld built in camera not working

How old is this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x555ld-built-in-camera-not-working.212530/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

A:Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 17.63%

My computer is able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable, but no devices besides my tv is able to wirelessly connect at all. The internet doesn't even show in the Choose A Network tab on my Ipad.

A:WiFi isn't working but ethernet is

What is the make and model of the router or modem you are using? What type of internet connection do you have (DSL / Cable / Satellite / etc). What have you done so far to try to correct this problem (reboot equipment, change settings, unplug then re-plug equipment, etc.)? Need to provide more information before anyone can really try to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-isnt-working-but-ethernet-is.212323/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 17.63%

The impending launch of DirectX 12 is one of the more exciting things to happen in PC gaming in recent years. Many people are eager to see how the low level API will improve the performance of games that implement...

Read more

A:You can now test DirectX 12 yourself with latest 3DMark update

This is way windows is doomed. DirectX 12 should be available for win 7-10, but MS is so greedy, they cant seem to understand why they are disliked and windows will evientaly be destroyed by Google. Just look at there market share. I betting big on SteamOS, and once it takes off, I will take the jump. Windows is now to bloated, and with greed, I hope all backers back Vulkan. DX12 on Win 10 only has officially broke the camel back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/you-can-now-test-directx-12-yourself-with-latest-3dmark-update.210768/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have same problem Recently ISP have changed my ADSL working stops Wi-Fi router to vDSL modem WiFirouter I m using assembled service of internet IPTV and VoIP My LAN works perfectly but WiFi Wi-Fi stops working is giving me some hard time everything works nice and I m using internet on my laptop Lenovo t Win phone LG G andorid tablet iPad but day after all devices are showing that they are connected to WIFI but there is no or low internet response for example skype works but cant open some pages other are opening but some images don t load fb etc I can t log in into router to reboot it And this issue when internet isn t working normally but showing as connected persists on all devices I ve mentioned above But at the same time when internet isn t working when I try it on my desktop PC Win everything works normally Then I need to go to router turn it off then on and everything works perfectly sometimes for a day sometimes for a couple of days I ve tried everything changing IP lease time changing freq form to changing channels switching from b g n to N almost everything I could think of My WiFi is secured with WPA PWA -PSK-TKIP AES password and name is a simple one with char name My modem router information s are Device Type ZXHN H N Device Serial No ZTEEG E Batch No T HW Version V SW Version V L BOSNIA BOOT Version V do anyone have an idea what it can be the reason why this is happening nbsp

A:Wi-Fi stops working

NetWalker85. Since your desktop works when your wireless devices don't, it's not your Internet signal from your ISP. Your devices are showing the router's SSID which is being broadcast, but not the wireless internet signal from the router. I would reset the modem/router to it's default settings and change the necessary items (SSID and passwords,security settings, max number of IP addresses for the router to assign to devices,etc). if that was never done. If the problem is still there, I would request a new combo unit, or possibly see if there is a firmware update for that combo unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stops-working.210644/
Relevancy 17.2%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 17.63%

Gateway NE56R41u laptop freezes after 5-10 minutes of running, ran many many tests and scans to try to find malware but nothing was found, it works fine in safe mode but not in safe mode with networking, please help

A:Gateway Laptop isn't working

When something works in Safe Mode but not while in Normal it points to a driver issue. Have you tried updating your WiFi/Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers for your system from Gateway's website?

Do you use a cooling pad? Laptops can get hot quickly and high temps will freeze/shut-down a system fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-isnt-working.209213/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi when I applied some new Thermal paste to my rig I noticed that my case fan stop spinning after the POST test on bootup.
my build is.
G33MO3 Motherboard
E8500 CPU
EVGA gtx 650 GPU
250 Seagate HDD
Simple samsung Optical drive
430w corsair PSU
2x1Gb DDR2 RAM
I am running the latest version of BIOS for my motherboard (dell revision 1.0.15).
This is unfortunate as I was just about to overclock my system and now the only fan on my case has gone.
I know the fan works because during POST it spins up.
I've tried clearing the BIOS to default with CMOS but that did nothing but slow my computer down.
Thank you.

A:Fan not working and PC instantly slowed down?

Hmm, don't try clearing the BIOS, try looking through it, the fan might be disabled for some reason in there. Also, do you have any other places you could plug that fan into ( on the motherboard, or you could just use two wires to connect it to the PSU directly ? Also, make sure any fan-control or overclock software doesn't interfere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-not-working-and-pc-instantly-slowed-down.207984/
Relevancy 17.63%

It was like any other day while I was working on the computer while my PC suddenly shut down I tried turning it back PC working not GPU using on but nothing So I opened up the case and noticed that when I press the power button not even PC not working using GPU the motherboard fan starts spinning I stripped down everything from the system and tried running it It worked flawlessly So after putting everything back on one by one the culprit turned out to be the Graphics card The computer would turn on with the card inserted into the PCI slot Whenever I would place it in there not even connected with the VGA cable just plugged in the slot the motherboard would refuse to start up So I decided to check the GPU for cylinder holes but everything seemed to be intact no burnt smell or anything The PC works just fine with the integrated graphics Can it really just die like that without a proper reason It wasn t over-heating I had that one checked So what should I do right now I don t have a spare GPU to check if it s the PCI slot that s the problem or the GPU which was fine like minutes ago nbsp

A:PC not working using GPU

Hmm, what graphics card are you using ? It might be that your power supply lost it's wattage over time, and that it's now not strong enough to power it. How much W does your PSU give ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-not-working-using-gpu.209267/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a HP HPE- f i quad core with a TB WD primary and a TB WD secondary that I ve had for about - years and have cloned the primary several times with no problems About - weeks ago I cloned the primary once again with another TB WD only to find that after the cloning the DVD drive stopped writing It actually begins the process but after writing the lead-in it simply sits there and spins heating the disk and of course making it unusable Once this occurs working DVD burner stoped after cloning it usually cannot be stopped by any means and the machine has to be hard rebooted to proceed Since the first cloning operation I have re-cloned the original using three different cloning programs all with the same result as well as cloning to a new TB WD drive with the same results I ve also replaced the DVD drive with two different known good drives one being brand new went through all of the HP troubleshooting procedures uninstalled DVD burner stoped working after cloning the drivers and re-installed them deleted the high and low files from the registry etc with no success The strange thing is that if I use the original hard drive along with the cloned drive I can boot off the original and burn to the same DVD drive with no problem I can also write CD s with both the original and the clone both audio disks and data disks I ve also ran the DVD drive off from one of the other SATA ports on the mother board along with replacing the cable I even took the computer into a computer shop and they worked on it for over days and could not identify the problem To make a long story short this problem is just about ready to get the best of me I ve ordered an external DVD drive believing this will work but I would really like to determine why it is doing what it is doing The cloning should not have caused it but seems to be the only thing that is common to the problem I would really appreciate any incite that you may have nbsp

A:DVD burner stoped working after cloning

The only suggestion I can think of is some type of burning software is broken with the Cloned OS. If you have any software installed that handles the burning (include Roxio, Creative and all others) Remove them and the Registry files related.

I suggest using Revo Uninstaller as it will automatically search out and tell you whats left over, and let you delete them or save them. I suggest deleting all files/folders and registry items left to ensure they are not somehow causing the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-stoped-working-after-cloning.208883/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey,

Yesterday, I was working with my PC while my 1TB Seagate external hard (http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-Ultra-Portable-External-STAA1000101/dp/B0045JLPMO) was plugged in via USB. The USB connection was a little bit loose.

Then when I was plugging a USB flash memory in, I noticed that the external hard was disconnected.
I connected it again, but it didn't appear in My Computer.
Here is the state in Disk Management and Device Manager:

After that, I plugged out the "SATA to USB converter" from the hard and connected it directly to SATA cable inside the PC case (like internal HDD), but this time nothing showed up in Disk Management, Device Manager and BIOS. However, it took a long time for the system to boot.

I searched and read lots of threads and tested some other stuff:

(It didn't appear in Minitool Partion Wizad).

I've got a lot of data on this HDD which really matters to me.
Any help is really appreciated.

A:FreeAgent 1TB External Hard stopped working (unknown, not initialized)

Hi there Sedhadi,

If your HDD is failing the manufacturer's tests it is probably dead. IF you need to get your data back look for a reputable data recovery company in the area.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-1tb-external-hard-stopped-working-unknown-not-initialized.208828/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey, I'm a new member here with a problem!

I have a pair of Skullcandy Crushers with an arguably great built-in mic that turn on with a press of a button. However I built a new computer a few days ago and installed the latest version of the ASUS Realtek HD Audio manager, and while the audio on the headphones work, the mic refuses to work and isn't even recognized on programs like Skype and Hangouts.

I have tried the front two ports and tinkered with the settings and nothing has worked as of now, please help ASAP!

-Extabyte

A:Skullcandy Crusher mic not working with ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager

Yeah thats because Skullcandys aren't really built for computers, just iPhone & Android. I had the same issue with my Skullcandy headphones and decided to buy a legit for PC headset. Sorry you spent your money on them!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skullcandy-crusher-mic-not-working-with-asus-realtek-hd-audio-manager.204154/
Relevancy 16.77%

hi guys wish you all a great new year.

im facing a very annoying issue with my laptop, some keys are not working, the left **** and the windows key I just don't know whats happening.

can someone please help mw with that.

thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-7537-shift-and-windows-key-not-working.207933/
Relevancy 17.63%

Sometimes when I'm skyping, I want to play audio so I enable my stereo mix. I got a new computer though so I had to re install the realtek high definition audio recording. I've tried using it, but it doesn't work. It says it's enabled and it's my default device, and no green bars pop up to indicate it's working either. Any help would be cool, thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stereo-mix-enabled-but-not-working.207783/
Relevancy 17.63%

I'm doing a simple build for my parents and when I boot it up the monitor doesn't respond. Everything is hooked up properly and I've tried a different monitor.
Processor - i3-3240 with hd 2500 integrated graphics
Motherboard - ASRock H61MV-ITX

A:Integrated graphics not working

Issue resolved. Sorry I dont know how to delete the thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-not-working.207495/
Relevancy 17.63%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 17.2%

I just purchased screen quot DELL U H quot and a new computer The happy unboxing time turned to a nightmare when the noob I am could not connect the screen to the computer like the guy is doing in the youtube video Thanls Screen Info http accessories us dell com sna productdetail aspx c us amp cs amp l en amp sku -BBCG What I am trying to do This guy is connecting his screens to each other than to the PC but I am unable to achieve it 3 station configure screen my working Can't My Computer Spec Asus ROG G Desktop PC i Can't configure my 3 screen working station GB TB NVIDIA GTX - CPU Intel Core i - M Cache up to GHz - VGA NVIDIA GTX GD - OS Windows - Memory G DDR MHz - Storage TB SATA G ASUS Can't configure my 3 screen working station westorage years - ODD Blu-Ray X Combo - LAN Mbps - Audio -channel Audio SonicMaster - Card readerN A - Front I O - USB x - Mic Port x - Earphone port x - back I O x RJ LAN x HDMI-Out - x channel Audio - x USB x USB - x Power jack - power supply WAdapter - certificates BSMI CB CE FCC UL CCC Energy Star VCCI Graphic Card Spec http www asus com Graphics Cards GTX PHOC GD specifications nbsp

A:Can't configure my 3 screen working station

As far as I can tell, Nvidia doesn't support Surround (three monitors) via daisy-chaining (the card in the video was AMD Radeon). You might be able to get two monitors to work like that - some sort of DisplayPort MST support was added a while ago because of tiled 4k displays - but to get them all working they need to be plugged to the card directly.

As GTX750 doesn't have proper connectors, you might need to change your graphics card to something that has three DP outputs or 2xDP + HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-configure-my-3-screen-working-station.206802/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello hello After having a problem with my cd dvd drive I rebooted my computer and did a clean install of Windows from my Vista So right now I m running Windows Windows not install (Touch/slider) FN - 7 Clean Keys working I have a VAIO - VGN-CS J Windows looks and feels great so far The only problem is my little sliding touch pad at the top doesn t work I don t know if it s FN keys but on top of my keyboard there s a little sliding touch pad for volume along with a fast forward rewind key I used to be able to slide the volume up from there but now it s not working I looked it up and I know this has to do with my clean install of windows I tried installing a bunch of drivers like everyone said online Sony Shared Libraries Vaio Event Notebook Control Device And a bunch of other drivers that people talked about I don t know what s wrong but it s still not working so I did a system restore to before I installed everything so that I can have a clean slate Can someone please help me fix my volume control slider please Thank you so much nbsp

A:Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Laptops have extras over and above Windows and if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it you lose these. I've been there and done that with the FZ. It was broken when I bought it and the hard drive had been removed. Fixing the computer was very hard, installing Windows 7 was easy. Afterwards, like yourself I found that the function keys didn't work. Trawling forums and looking for drivers then sorting it out took ages and that was the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Everything necessary was on the Sony support sites but these were not user friendly and I needed to use several Sony sites. Needless to say Sony support were clueless. In the end I got everything functioning but if you can manage with things as they are I'd not bother. One tip, although it might not work with your particular Vaio model is that stuff has to be installed in a particular order otherwise some keys don't work.

That'll teach you to mess with Windows when a cd/dvd plays up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-windows-7-fn-keys-touch-slider-not-working.207046/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all,

EEPROM is a hardware piece that the BIOS (which is a code) is inside it. What about some piece named firmware? Is there any independent device named firmware in PC? If so, what does it do?

A:EEPROM, BIOS & firmware

A firmware is a structure code, embedded and instructed written languages that is designed by programmer to communicate with devices attached to the particular device. Most especially of our input devices has firmware inside talk of mouse, keyboard, flash drive e.t.c

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/eeprom-bios-firmware.206033/
Relevancy 17.63%

My wireless is not working on my computer, just a couple months ago I reset my computer using the ISO file, now my computer will only connect to the Ethernet cable. The wireless switch is on. I see a button near the VAIO button that shows a computer with signals coming off of it, I've tried pressing it but it doesn't do anything. Computer specs: VAIO Song Laptop with 6 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD.

A:Wireless network not working

Sounds like when you reset your computer the proper wireless drivers were not re-installed. I would start looking for a solution for this. What Operating System does it have (Windows 7 / Windows 8.1/ etc.)? Have you tried to remove the Wireless drivers and re-install those? How about downloading and installing updated drivers from the VAIO website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-not-working.206511/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have bought JBL Speaker FLIP Model FHP 2 on 14th July 2014 but it worked for only 2 to 2.5 months thereafter not working anymore.
I have taken to SPAR Artee Industrial on 29/09/14 but they are not providing free replacement not they are able to repairs as Charging PIN has spoiled. THe part is not available locally. The JBP Speaker are not working at all now.

Kindly suggest, for the Customer Care Complaints I am unable to find the Customer Care/ Replacement Customer Care / Service Center / Top Management Contact numbers for getting help for repairs / replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jbl-speaker-not-working-in-just-2-months-time-period.206690/
Relevancy 17.63%

My old computer is crapping out and yes I know I need a new one. But in the meantime, it is telling me I have no soundcard. I am attaching my dxdiag report... Please help...

A:Sound card not working

Go to device manager and check if there is a yellow exclamation mark in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-not-working.204903/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a sennheiser HD 202 and I am not able to hear any sound from the right side. I have to hold the cable in a position rhen it works. So what shall do now? Is there any chance of bringing it to normal state?

A:Sennheiser HD 202 sound not working

It's probably one of the wires inside the headphone lead has broken.
Does the same problem happen on all devices you plug the headphones into?
Or just one thing, say your PC for instance? (could it be a laptop headphone socket?)
If the problem is with all devices, ipods, pc's etc, then it's the headphone lead broken inside. If you can solder small wires and parts, you could change the lead yourself, but if the headphones are less than a year old you should return them under guarantee.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sennheiser-hd-202-sound-not-working.205645/
Relevancy 17.63%

Okay, so yesterday I was dropped off for my first day at Uni and I went into my room to set up my laptop. Somehow (truly a mystery) a single tear fell onto my keyboard, right in the gap below the space bar. Obviously, I thought nothing of it... for about a minute. Then suddenly my keyboard went absolutely crazy. The space bar stopped working and when I tried to type with any other key, weird stuff happened. For example, I would type "B" and instead it would come up as "###O'xnF."

As you can imagine, very weird. I left it for a little bit while I unpacked and when I came back to it, it seemed to have settled down, but some of the keys had stopped working all together. These include the space bar, the z, the s, the shift key, the left alt key etc. Basically, several on the left side of the space bar. I am having to use a USB keyboard but obviously I would rather not have to.

Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?

A:Laptop keys not working

"Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?"... Tears contain salt, salt is corrosive. Yes, take it to a repair place and tell them what you told us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-not-working.205454/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi, can someone help me get my Soundblaster Zx beamforming mic to work as it is advertised to please. People can hear my game in the background and they shouldn't be able to.

I'm running Windows 8 64 bit.

Thanks

A:Soundblaster Zx Mic not working as described

Just to confirm, have you enable beam-forming in mic properties?

go to sound control panel, select recording devices, then highlight your soundblaster and right click to properties and find enhancement tabs. alternatively you might also want to try "setup microphone" inside windows. im not sure what it is named in windows 8, but in windows 7 that's what you need to type inside the start search box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundblaster-zx-mic-not-working-as-described.204584/
Relevancy 17.2%

I bought new computer 1 year ago and everything went really nice until 10 days ago my graphic card fan stops working at times. At first I didn't know what was going on but I decided to open my case and start playing some really required game like WatchDogs and I noticed this. The fan stops working only when I play games. I updated my drivers but that didn't solve anything. I don't know why this is happening or how to fix it. I can tell when the computer is going to shut it self down because of overheating so I quickly alt+f4 my game whenever I see its going to happen. And I stare at the fan hoping that it will start working on it self again. I try to push it with my fingers but it wont continue. Only after 5-10 minutes pass I can move it with my fingers and it will start spining again.

What do I do?

A:Graphic card fan stops working.

When the fan is spining everything is working fine. And when it start spining again the temperature goes down fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-fan-stops-working.205181/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have this flash drive:
http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Turbo-Performance-Drive-P-FD128TBOP-GE/dp/B00FE2N1WS

And I am afraid it is dead. When I plug it in, 50% of the time, the red light constantly flashes at about 8 flashes a second, or flashes 3-4 times quickly before just shutting off and nothing happens.

If it is in constant flashing mode, I can open my windows explorer and see "Removable disk", however it is slightly transparent, and when I try to open it, it says "Please insert a drive", which leads me to believe the computer detects it, but can't read it. The properties window shows 0 bytes. Is there any hope at all of getting my ~65gb of used data off of this thing at all? Do I have to take it apart and do some soldering? Please help.

A:PNY 128 GB Flash Drive not working

Your flash drive probably has a damaged controller. If that data is important, best chance of retrieving your data would be a professional data recovery service. The cost of recovery depends on how extent is the damage of your disk.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pny-128-gb-flash-drive-not-working.204524/
Relevancy 16.77%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello!
About a year ago, the newest monitor for our home's main computer stopped functioning, so it had stopped being used. However, today I was in search of some files I needed that were on our old main computer, so I hooked up the old monitor that came with that computer and it didn't work as well. (The old monitor worked on a different computer). I tried hooking up a few other spare monitors to the old computer, but it they also did not work either. I came to the conclusion that the monitor input had crashed.

So, here's my question: Is it possible to use a KVM switch to display the old computers monitor display on my laptop to get access to my files, even without the old computer's monitor input functioning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switch-no-working-monitor-input.204590/
Relevancy 18.06%

CPU:AMD FX-8320
Motherboard:ASUS M5A97 R2.0

I hardly know anything about the BIOS so I am asking you this:
Will I need to update my BIOS and if so how to do that?
Am I going to update it to the latest version(2103) or the version when the processor was first compatible(1006)?

Please help, I do not want to make a mistake when updating so please provide a detailed explanation ! ! !

A:BIOS update

Some might say updating the BIOS is not worth the risk unless you have a reason to chance it. On the other hand I've never had a BIOS update go badly. BIOS updates are not that difficult to do. But there is always a risk of the update failing. In the off chance of failure, the motherboard will be bricked. There are motherboards that come with a second BIOS for failsafe. I don't know if the failsafe can be used under a bricked board, I will assume it can until I hear otherwise.

There are three ways to update that I am aware of. All of which may not be available depending on motherboard model and age of system.

Within the Operating System (I've used this method but for awhile it was advised against)
You will need to download BIOS Update application. The application will download and install the new BIOS.

Within the BIOS
Within the BIOS there is an update facility. You will only need the new BIOS. (My BIOS will only update from a USB stick.)

From DOS utility
Not only will you need to download the new BIOS, you will need to download the flash utility that is designed for the update.

I recommend updating from within the BIOS (assuming you have this option). Download the new BIOS to a USB stick and then boot into the BIOS. Browse around to find the update facility and the rest is self explanatory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.198931/
Relevancy 17.2%

Replaced the mobo (Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3), CPU (AMD FX-4300 Vishera), and RAM (G-Skill RipJaws 4MBx2) in an older system running WinXP (planning to upgrade to Win7 ASAP). Everything booted up just fine, but the HP keyboard and the Logitech mouse, both of which which work fine on another computer, aren't being recognized at all by the computer. No error messages, just not working. Not even lighting up. We've tried every USB port on the system, and even used a USB-PS/2 adapter to try it that way, to no avail. I'm out of things to try. My only thoughts:

1. Could USB be disabled in BIOS by default? If so, how do I change that without a keyboard and mouse, when I can't even access the BIOS?

2, Could the USB system on the new motherboard be defective? How do I test that?

3. Is there any possibility at all that it's related to the Antec 500W PSU--perhaps not enough wattage for this system? (Hard drives are all pretty old.)

A:USB keyboard and mouse not working after upgrade

Create and boot from a Knoppix Live CD (just google to find and download the ISO). If USB still doesn't work when you boot from knoppix, you know it must be either hardware or BIOS issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-upgrade.203285/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there
need to know if I can upgrade my graphics card for upgrade to windows 7.
current graphic card:ati radeon 9200 se 128mb ddr tvo
computer :fujitsu siemens scaleo 600
motherboard :microstar ms-6585 2.oa
power supply:dc output 250w
thanks so much.
learner1

A:Graphics card update to host windows 7

I don't know if you CAN upgrade your graphics card, but:

You most likely don't NEED to.
It's not really a good idea to upgrade at all. Those parts are old as dirt and you won't find anything cheap that'll fit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-to-host-windows-7.202568/
Relevancy 17.2%

Greetings reader

So im using a Radeon HD 6870 in my MSI 890gxm-g65.
Installed the hardware and when I run it on on-board graphics, windows is able to detect it as ATI Radeon HD 6800 Series. But after installing the driver for the 6870 it asks for a restart.
The BIOS screen is visible but after the windows loading screen the display just goes off, the LCD in on but it's just black screen.

I have a lot of work to do, so ill be really grateful if someone is willing to help me.

Thank You
in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-not-working-after-installing-driver.202017/
Relevancy 17.63%

I accidentally deleted IDT audio from the contol panel. Because of this, the audio is not working. Therefore, I tried downloading it again but my laptop responded with [error, declined, your computer does not reach the requirement ect]
Just to clarify I have a hp laptop windows 7.

A:Audio is not working

It could be the driver you downloaded not compatible to your system.... are you using 32bit or 64bit? if you are using 32bit then download only driver for your audio according to their compatibility..likewise in 64bit..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-is-not-working.201819/
Relevancy 17.63%

Greetings all The DVD RW drive on my HP Pavilion dv series us is not working Please find the relevant details below The drive is Model TS-L N HPMH - I think this is Toshiba It s detected in My Computer as HD-DVD ROM When I try to play a CD DVD the light comes on and spins but then shows quot Please insert drive not as DVD ROM CD working - shown a disk into HD DVD-ROM Drive F quot DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working The Device Manager detects it DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working as a CD ROM and obviously the Windows generic driver doesn t work The Device Manager picks it up as an quot Unknown Device quot and is shown as quot NCB XYB QNKX SCSI CdRom Drive quot The driver is not available on the HP site so tried the regedit option I believe I deleted all the strings associated with the driver key Then tried the Microsoft tool which must have installed the generic driver which causes the DVD drive to be recognised as a CD ROM instead I tried the sfc scannow as well and it shows that there are corrupt files which could not be fixed The laptop works well otherwise Please help Where can I find the driver for the drive How can I go about fixing this issue nbsp

A:DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click the Start Orb, type msinfo32 in the search box. Hit Enter
Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-shown-as-cd-rom-not-working.201725/
Relevancy 17.2%

My scrolling up and down option of touch pad is not working what should I do...?

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Are you referring to the the right side scroll bars on laptop touch pads that allow you to scroll up and down pages?

Try updating the driver for your touchpad and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.201621/
Relevancy 17.2%

I recently purchased a Supermicro SuperWorkstation A- and am having problems getting the audio to work I installed Windows Pro and the Motherboard has built in Realtek ALC audio I did install the latest drivers that Supermicro has for the ALC I have one green plug that Supermicro Not Working Audio Workstation runs speakers and subwoofer I have that plugged into the Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working green plug on the back of the computer In the Realtek HD Audio Manager the SPEAKERS Tab is check as the default device In the SOUND window Speakers are also checked as the Default device When I play some music the green bar moves up and down in the SOUND window and in the VOLUME MIXER window So the speakers have been detected when I plugged them in and it is showing that the built in Audio is working but no sound is coming out Any ideas on this Supermicro may eventually solve this problem but I really want to get on with this using this computer now When I installed the Drivers for the NVIDIA Quadro K Graphics Card it also seems to have installed some NVIDIA High Definition Audio Drivers It doesn t seem to help when I disable them Also I noticed lots of people talking about not seeing the SPEAKERS tab in these forums I was also having that problem The computer seemed to quit detecting when anything was plugged in so the tab never came up I finally figured out how to fix that problem though To get the SPEAKERS Tab to reappear you go to the right had side of the Realtek HD Audio Manager window and click on the little folder icon A CONNECTORS SETTINGS Window pops up and there is a box you can check for Enabling auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in You need to uncheck that box and click OK You then go back to that folder and recheck that box and click OK again The Speakers tab should now appear when you plug in something nbsp

A:Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working

The next time my computer rebooted the Speakers Tab once again disappeared and there is nothing I can do that will bring it back! *sigh*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supermicro-workstation-audio-not-working.201241/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey guys I had some contractors doing some work on my house today and they needed to shut the circuit off to the room my computer was in The computer was on at the time so it shut off when the power was cut Now it won t go back on Power button does nothing at all and I don t know if it s the power supply mobo or switch I ve got a power supply tester which causes my computers fans to start up when it s plugged in so the power supply does respond not Power mobo button working... issue? The results are in the attached file It shows LL which means to low to register voltage for the - V line I honestly don t know if I even have that line so I don t know if that s bad I attached the label on my power supply too Would Power button not working... mobo issue? no voltage cause a computer to completely not respond Because the fans DO start up when the power supply tester is plugged in I don t think the switch is the problem because I tried to short the power switch jumpers with a paper clip and nothing happened I also took the CMOS battery out for a while and then tried it again and that didn t work Any ideas on whether I need a mobo or a power supply I don t have an extra PSU around to test with but I may try to find one before ordering a new mobo thanks in advance -mike nbsp

A:Power button not working... mobo issue?

Not the switch. Could be the motherboard or PSU, but I don't have any good insight.

I would unplug the PSU and flip the 120/240V switch to 240V, then flip it back before plugging it in. To me, this doesn't make any logical sense, but over about 16 years of playing with PCs I have seen it work twice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-button-not-working-mobo-issue.201009/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi,
Dears,
I have a problem with my Dell E6500. Sometimes during working it held, so I turned it off forcefully by on/off button. after it, when I try to turn it on, it turn on (just lights on, does not show display) and then turned off.
I consult with a frined. he tell me a way. "eject off its RAM, Battery and cell (storing time)ejector from motherboard and leave it as it for 2 hours. then put RAM, CELL and battery and try to on."

I have done it, it starts and worked fine for 15 days, then again I face same problem, I again repear the process, it turned on again but now I failed to start it on.

what problem it really have, Any suggesstion advice Plzzzzzzzzzzzz.
waiting............

A:Dell E6500 held sometimes during working

Check temperatures. Maybe too high.
Run Dell diagnostics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-e6500-held-sometimes-during-working.200924/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello I got a weird one for you guys and I literally have tried everything can think of so I am hoping someone has some new fresh ideas I have a Dell Latitude E that can no longer connect via wired or wireless connections Both adapters display yellow exclamation marks next to them and in the properties of both adapters says Windows cannot install because the drivers are not recognized Error Both adapters are also missing from the adapter page in network settings I have download the most recent versions of the driver and installed no luck I have downloaded previous version of the driver from dell and installed no luck I download the driver directly from Intel and installed no luck Tried a BIOS update nothing Tried to reset to defaults nothing So I decided I would rebuild the is one Windows 31, not NICs weird Error this working 7 machine and SURPRISE that worked for a week and then the problem started again So my first thought is well maybe its a bad motherboard so I swapped the HDD with another Dell E boot it up and NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird both connections are working In the laptop with the drive from the bad laptop it can no longer connect now so the problem is related to windows and follows the drive Does anybody have any idea whats happening hear I am all tapped out of ideas Thanks let me know if you need any additional info Dell E Windows Enterprise auretsky vailresorts com nbsp

A:NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird

"so the problem is related to windows and follows the drive"... Re-install Windows on this drive. Error 31 relates to a bad driver that may be reflected in the device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nics-not-working-windows-7-error-31-this-one-is-weird.200795/
Relevancy 17.2%

So I just got me new PSU and my GTX 760. I started setting everything up, and decided to test the PSU, I plug everything in and the fan spins but only for a second and then stopped. I tried everything and it sill does not work, I used my old 400w psu and everything booted.

Could it be that my motherboard does not support the ATX 12 v2.3?
I believe my motherboard is an ATX 12 v 1.
Or just faulty PSU?
I cant use my GTX 760 on my old PSU because it does not support the pciE plugs. Hopefully sombody can help me. What could be the problem?
Motherboard ASRock H61m-dgs
Processor i5-2300 @2.8ghz
Memory 8gb
Video Card # 1 gtx 650 ti superclocked
Hard Drive # 1 200gb
Optical Drive # 1 none
Power Supply Corsair CX500 500w. and the old one
Monitor benQ
Operating System Windows 7 64bit

Relevancy 17.2%

Earlier today the wifi suddenly stopped working while I was online. I wasn't doing anything extensive, just browsing. The ethernet cable works just fine so I know it's not the internet itself just the wifi. Also, it's not my laptop as another laptop and kindle are unable to connect as well through the wifi but the other laptop can also connect through the ethernet. Is there anything I can do to try to get it working or is the router just burnt out and I need a new one? It's a few years old, a Cisco brand. Thanks.

A:Wifi not working but ethernet does (not laptop)

Try to log in the administrator on your cisco router try to find out if the wireless setting is change or disable...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-not-working-but-ethernet-does-not-laptop.200709/
Relevancy 17.2%

I recently bought a powerline adapter to combat my slow wireless speeds and planned on using it for my PC and XBOX 360 when I occasionally use it. The PC install was easy, it was plug and play no problems just installed the latest MSI ethernet drivers and BAM! Wired network, no problem, but today I come home and I felt like playing some GTA Online, so I unplugged the cable from my PC and into the XBOX and it can't connect. I am using a TP-Link AV500 Nano powerline adapter and a BT Home Hub 4 router. I also made a quick video to demonstrate my problem. As mentioned in the video I can use the internet just fine on my PC, the only problem is with the XBOX. Thanks again -hopgop1 NOTE: Video uploaded to YouTube as for some reason TechSpot doesn't support .3GP so I converted it to .MP4 and it doesn't support that either =[ link

A:Powerline adapter not working on Xbox 360

Have you seen whether the powerline adapter is compatible to XBOX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powerline-adapter-not-working-on-xbox-360.200440/
Relevancy 17.63%

This is my first post But I have a problem I do everything that portforward com tells me but it just doesn t work and when I type in cmd quot ipconfig quot it shows a different thing than it is suppose to be Ok this is what It says when I type in quot ipconfig quot to cmd C Users gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Link-local IPv Address fe f d cd b IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address b c Link-local IPv Address fe e d a d d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e ce f b f ff Link-local IPv Address fe ce f b f ff fefa Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap Home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D D A- Port forwarding working not :( F- A - - AF B A CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap A F DB -E E- -B A - E BD Media Port forwarding not working :( State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Port forwarding not working :( Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix This Port forwarding not working :( is what it says when I type the default gateway it has provided me into google chrome Oops Google Chrome could not connect to Suggestions Try reloading Search on Google I know what the default gateway is but when I go on it and portforward it just doesn t work I downloaded the port-checker and this is what it said Your External Ip Adress Your external ip adress is quot myip quot Ping Result We were able to ping your router Port Check Result Your port is NOT OPEN or not reachable I was portforwarding awhile back and the way I fixed this was plugging my laptop into a ethernet cable but we moved house and the closest ethernet cable is in the kitchen which is stories down and I don t want to keep my laptop down there to run the server This is what the router says GATEWAY IP Address Subnet Mask DHCP Server Enabled Firewall Disabled UPnP Enabled Wireless Disabled By the way this router is a smc wbra So can you please help Btw I am trying to run a minecraft server Here s a screenshot of the portforwarding http prntscr com bacbg nbsp

A:Port forwarding not working :(

This is EXACLTY what is happening to me and it makes me SO mad. I also need help with this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding-not-working.182343/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi, so basically I am using a windows 7 computer, and my WiFi doesn't seem to be working. To be exact, my Ethernet cable is working but my wireless isn't... before (a few days ago) it seemed to be working when I restart my computer, or just simply restart my router. But now, when I've tried it about 10 times, the WiFi is still not working :/

Thanks for the help

A:My ethernet is working but internet isn't

What is this computers make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-ethernet-is-working-but-internet-isnt.200381/
Relevancy 17.2%

My wi-fi is connected and says I have a strong connection however whenever I open up either Internet Explorer or Chrome, both say there is no internet connection.

This has been like this for about 25 minutes now. Prior to this, I was having issues with internet for the past day and a half. It would say I was connected but had no internet access. After removing a trojan and some malware that Norton didn't let me know about and getting rid of some of the programs I no longer use (including Norton), I now had internet access showing and it's a strong connection. UNFORTUNATELY, I can't even use the internet I apparently have access to. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I've disconnected and reconnected.

Baby steps I suppose, but now I've hit a road block. I feel like I've done everything possible but what would you guys say? Anything else I could try?

EDIT: I suppose I should mention its a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7

A:Wifi Connected but Internet isn't working?

Update: I've even gone in and deleted myself from the router, assigned a new ip to my computer through the router, and reset anything and everything that could be reset. this is getting ridiculous. Can anyone help me?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-connected-but-internet-isnt-working.200450/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello,
Sorry if started this in the wrong category but I am needing to setup 3 monitors to my desktop for work purposes. My motherboard is a gigabyte h55m-s2h it has a vga port dvi port and hdmi port. I have a monitor plugged into each port but the monitor that is plugged into the dvi port is not seen and the monitor it self displays "no signal" when powered on. In windows screen resolution it shows my monitors that are connected to my hdmi port and my vga port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

A:Triple monitor on Gigabyte H55M-S2H not working

The problem is that the Graphics card on the chip does not support 3 Monitor outputs which is why you cannot do that. You will need an add on GPU to do so on this machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/triple-monitor-on-gigabyte-h55m-s2h-not-working.200253/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have no idea why this happened, after the update none of the ports on my computer work after booting into windows. bios was updated before this and all was fine. checked in bios if ports were enabled. still no joy. help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-usb-and-ps-2-ports-dead-after-msi-motherboard-driver-update.200108/
Relevancy 17.2%

The model of my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L645.
I have encountered overheat issues recently and I thought it was the dust that clogged around the fan. I did the clean up and up everything back. I manage to boot up the computer and reach the window dekstop but the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop.. Somehow, after a while, the fan worked and spin for quite sometimes.. Then again, the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop and eventually my laptop overheat again.

IS the problem arises from the fan itself, or the thermal sensor problem? Im not sure.. pls help me =(

A:Laptop heatsink fan randomly stop working

I would replace the fan first, it is cheaper than a motherboard and laptop fans are known to fail. You can get the fan on EBay cheaper...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/I.html?_trk...toshiba+satellite+l645+fan&_sacat=0&_from=R40

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-heatsink-fan-randomly-stop-working.200017/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello All,

I am using laptop with windows 7. It is not detecting my home wifi connection , However it is showing other nearby wifi connection.

In other PC and my Mobile device wifi connection is working properly.

Can someone please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

A:Wndows 7 Wifi not working

For the WiFi router in your dwelling is it on? Turn it off an on. See if that works for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wndows-7-wifi-not-working.199856/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi so yesterday, after I plugged my mouse back in after a night of it being unplugged.. it stopped working
2 out of 4 usb ports get the red light to come on but the mouse wont move cursor or click.. its not showing in device manager either and nothing shows any problems in device manager

A:Usb optical mouse not working

Uninstall it from device manager, try again after a reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-optical-mouse-not-working.199576/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello I have a year old PC computer running windows and I recently noticed that the CD-rom on it has stoped working CD-ROM has stopped working I don t use the CD-rom very often it s probably been months since I last CD-ROM has stoped working used it and so I don t know for sure when this problem occurred But today I tried to put a CD in it and the thing wouldn t even open up When I checked in My Computer it wasn t in their either and I think it somehow broke since CD-ROM has stoped working my computer isn t recognizing it I CD-ROM has stoped working opened up the side of the computer and checked inside to see if it somehow came unplugged I jiggled the connection to make sure it was firm and it appears to be plugged in but I m not sure if these things have only plug going into the motherboard or maybe they have a second one for a power source though I didn t see anything that looked like a second plug coming out of it Anyway I m wondering if there is anything I can do from a software perspective to double check to see if my CD drive is indeed broken and it s time to get a new one Thanks nbsp

A:CD-ROM has stoped working

Hey David. CD or DVD?. If it is a CD,I would say right off the bat that you likely have a bad drive since it's been DVD drives only for years now and optical drives do go bad. Any lights on the drive come on at any point?. I would verify that the cables are plugged in properly at both ends, and if no lights at all on the drive (from power on till ready),try one of the other power cables from the power supply and repeat.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-has-stoped-working.199611/
Relevancy 17.2%

So, Youtube and other sites work, but with certain embedded video players, clicking the fullscreen button does nothing. The video just remains windowed. This has been a problem for awhile now, and I have been unable to find a solution anywhere, as nobody seems to share my issue. I run Firefox, and have an HP Pavilion laptop. I will upload a screenshot of one of the players that does not work.
Also, I tried disabling hardware acceleration and had no luck.

RE
It is not the website lacking the required code for fullscreen, because this happens on any website running one of these players, and they used to work fine for me.

A:Fullscreen button not working with online videos

Other than the video being stretched on my 16:10 display, I had no issues w/ the playback on IE10 & FF26. Have you tried updating Flash plugin, if not the latest, to see if that fixes your problem? Do you have the same problem w/ IE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fullscreen-button-not-working-with-online-videos.199491/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi,
I gave my external hard drive to a friend but his laptop didn't recognize it. after getting it back, I connected it to my laptop but it didn't show up in disk management at all. the drive is receiving power since the light is on. I felt the drive upon connecting to laptop and noticed it tries multiple times to rotate the magnetic disk but in the end it come to a stop and nothing after that. I think my friend's laptop somehow damaged my drive since I'm sure it's a hardware problem.
So, I was wondering maybe any of you guys have an idea how to fix it if possible otherwise, I'd like to know if I can recover the data without spending for the experts?
Thanks

A:WD external drive receiving power but not working

Hey armmzd. Sure sounds like a drive gone bad, and assuming you know it was good when you gave it to him,maybe it was dropped,etc. All I can suggest is going to the drive manufacturer's site and see if they have a drive diagnostic tool you can try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-drive-receiving-power-but-not-working.198974/
Relevancy 15.05%

HDD 1 tb Seagate hardisk not working,is not visible in the laptop, can b seen in device manager for 1min then gets disconnected automatically and the light on the hard disk starts blinking

A:HDD hardisk not working,not visible in the laptop,visible in device manager for 1min then disconnect

If the system worked before with this drive, I would say the drive is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-hardisk-not-working-not-visible-in-the-laptop-visible-in-device-manager-for-1min-then-disconnect.198749/
Relevancy 17.63%

I've been dealing with this for a while now. Basically, when core #3 is turned on, my computer will run for a bit, then blue screen randomly. Usually pretty quick. I have been through many reinstalls, definitely not software. Tried cleaning, re-applying thermal paste. This is a 3 year old processor, and this has been going on for about 1 1/2 years. The only fix I have is in the bios, to turn the processor off. My mobo is the Asus m4a87td-usb 3, evga gtx 570 superclocked and so on. I've also noticed, I have never been able to overclock my processor or my graphics card even little without blue screening, if that helps. Even with the auto-tune. I have a case with plenty of large fans and air flow.

A:AMD 1090T 1 core not working

Are you running the most recent bios for your MOBO?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-1090t-1-core-not-working.198027/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello

I have a HIS graphic card and a Gigabyte M/B. I use windows 7 x64 (unactivated) and have 6gb RAM on 1333mhz. My Power Supply has 400W. I just dont know whats wrong and why it isnt working. Please help

P.S the g/c works just fine on another pc

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3503#sp
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-531.shtml#UV

A:HIS GPU not working

The tech guy said:

Hello

I have a HIS graphic card and a Gigabyte M/B. I use windows 7 x64 (unactivated) and have 6gb RAM on 1333mhz. My Power Supply has 400W. I just dont know whats wrong and why it isnt working. Please help

P.S the g/c works just fine on another pc

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3503#sp
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-531.shtml#UVClick to expand...

Well, are you unable to get any picture when plugged into the card on the new PC?

Have you tried both PCI-E ports on your motherboard to see if it will work then?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/his-gpu-not-working.198044/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a Toshiba satellite P t and it s my first laptop ever and I ve had it for months I have no idea what to do but here is my problem After a few months of owning my laptop top a tiny drop of my daughters bubbles dropped onto my keyboard I didn t think anything of it because My not properly working are keys the drop was so small Next thing you know my keyboard had stopped functionally properly I don t know how to clean the keyboard nothing so I left My keys are not working properly the laptop alone for the rest of the night and it worked the next day except some keys that barely or don t work at all Now some of my keys are acting crazy Everytime I press quot o quot or quot u quot it types quot uo quot when I press quot J or quot quot it types quot J quot and when I press quot quot or quot quot it types quot quot As far as they keys that don t work they are important but I have touch screen with the touch screen keyboard I m using now I just want to use my keyboard again The keys that don t work are quot F quot -F quot my right and up arrow keys my caps lock when I use caps lock all the keys get crazy and the touch screen as well my escape button has its good days and bad the delete button and that s all I can remember and know about at this point What is wrong how do I fix it or should I just use my warranty and get a new one I have a year warranty and they claim it covers EVERYTHING for the year nbsp

A:My keys are not working properly

Personally, if the warranty covers "everything", I'd go that route so I wouldn't VOID the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-keys-are-not-working-properly.198013/
Relevancy 33.11%

There is a post here about the good old ADAPTEC 1205SA card. But the links in the article do not work. No difference between 1205 and 1210? I know 1210SA is an old card. But on the website of silicon image, chipset 3112 (3112A) has support for windows 7 64bit. I've tried the update utility provided by silicon image site. Be DOS mode, so is Windows. Does not recognize the card as being from Silicon Image. Looking at the card, I saw that the chipset BIOS supports. AM29LV010B-90EC. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of that? What right utility to use? Or if there is a 64-bit driver that works on that card? Thank you.

A:Adaptec 1210SA firmware Silicon Image?

Does anyone know?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adaptec-1210sa-firmware-silicon-image.197828/
Relevancy 15.05%

My TB Western Digital External hard disc is not working My laptop switched off suddenly while copying files After restarted my laptop when I try to open my External hard disc drive G I m getting the message as quot Location is not available G is not accessible The drive cannot find the sector requested quot The Properties of the drive shows as Type Local Disk File system Used space bytes Free space bytes when clicking My computer- gt Manage- gt Disk Management under Storage in left find External cannot not drive - "The requested" the is hard working disc sector side I can able to see my External hard disc drive G The "The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working File System shows as quot RAW quot before it was NTFS Free as but I got around TB data Also I checked in different laptops but it shows the same error And finally I checked with quot Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows quot it passed the test I m so afraid about my datas stored in the hard disc All my projects photos and many important files stored in that hard disc I dont know what the problem is I cant find any solutions in Internet Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:"The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working

Hey Allen. I would call Western Digital support and see what they say.Since you have data on it you need, I wouldn't play around with it, get some answers from the drive makers, and as is always said, have important data backed up in at least 2 different places, with at least one being to CD/DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-drive-cannot-find-the-sector-requested-external-hard-disc-is-not-working.197220/
Relevancy 17.2%

Basically my computer internet keeps continually dying and I have to restart it [computer] to get it working again. Every other computer's wifi connection is fine except mine. I troubleshooted and I got this message:

I then went into my device manager and it said there also that my wifi adapter was not working properly.
Curious what could be causing this? Is my wifi going bad? Virus? I stayed at a hotel and connected to their unsecure wifi two nights ago if that means anything. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

And on a side note, I started to get this message at least two months ago every time I turned my computer on. Not sure if it's related but:

A:WiFi adapter not working properly

"I stayed at a hotel and connected to their unsecured wifi two nights ago if that means anything. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!" Have you run any anti-virus/malware scans?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter-not-working-properly.196054/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi I'm new to this site and I'm hoping I can find some answers here. My PCI-e Wifi adapter is working, and I'm able to connect to a wireless access point fine. But when I open my browser and go to google, it will not load. And evetually it says "No network connection."
However, if I plug a different adapter in, everything works perfectly fine.
One weird thing about the first adapter is that sometimes if I refresh the router, it will connect for like five seconds. Then stop working again. The device is fine, and system tray icon for wireless has no warning or disable indication.

A:Network card working but no internet

Power cycle the modem
unplug the router from ac and modem and wait for the router lights to flash and are ready
Power on the router and connect it to the modem
Go into the router and make sure under WAN (internet) it gets the DNS from the ISP there should be two of them listed. If you see 0.0.0. or 192.168.x.x then the Router is not communicating correctly with the modem.

If you see this the router would need a factory reset and re-run the setup again.
If all looks good but it's the PC that not connecting

Open up a dos session prompt run as Admin

Under dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns

or

ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
sc stop Dhcp
sc start Dhcp
sc stop Dnscache
sc start Dnscache

reboot your PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card-working-but-no-internet.196381/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a custom built desktop computer I've had for a few years now. It worked just fine up until a few weeks ago, when I moved. Now it resets itself, once, about 5 seconds into the boot process but stays on after that and I'm not getting any signal to my monitor.

A:Desktop not working after move

Check the cabling is correct and tight - - disconnect and reconnect the monitor cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-not-working-after-move.196125/
Relevancy 17.63%

So earlier today I was going to a friends so decided to put my laptop in hibernate mode I have used this before with no problems but stopped Laptop working when I got back and opened the lid of my laptop nothing happened I tried moving the mouse and pressing the power button although I ve never Laptop stopped working had to do this before it always comes on when I open the lid the power light came on but no fans no sign of the screen coming on I tried holding down the power button to turn it off although the power light still stayed on I removed the battery and put it back in and got the same problem power light on but nothing else I tried taking out the battery and using my charger still got the same problem I am using windows and a couple year old Toshiba laptop cant remember name at the moment but if needed I could probably find out Any help ideas are greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop stopped working

Sounds like the motherboard has fried...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stopped-working.195220/
Relevancy 17.63%

My External Hard disk is not working all of a sudden and it is not shown in disk management too.

A:External Harddisk not working

It might be trying to use the same letter as 1 that is already thereif u know what I mean if u open up my computer u have like c: D: E: F: ETC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-harddisk-not-working.195956/
Relevancy 13.76%

TLDR Graphics card and wlan card randomly stop working I ve Wlan time? working time from card and card to Graphics stop posted this on other forums Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? so far no help so heres my problem I use my computer on average - hours a day I usually play games or im surfing the net now sometimes Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? my wlan card and my graphics card just stop working they both dont appear in the device manager I cant plug in my monitor through Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? the graphics card coz the screen just stays black and the wireless internet icon on the bottom right of the windows screen just says quot no connections available quot Im not on this but it seems like this occurs after playing games for long periods of time im pretty sure the games I play arent too heavy for my system empire total war skyrim etc I took my pc to the repair shop before and everything was working fine when they tried it I dont think its a problem with the wlan or graphics card coz sometimes they work perfectly then suddenly they just stop working when this happens it usually gets fixed when I wait for a day open up the pc and clean everything then perform a system restore I have no idea whats wrong Is everything compatible could it be overheating could the motherboard be faulty Its very unlikely that both these parts just stop working at the same time Noteworth -Sometimes when the wlan card stops working the light on the card itself isnt lit up but sometimes it is -These problems dont always occur at the same time Specs Motherboard Asus M N T-M LE V Graphics Radeon HD Wlan card D-link DWA Processor AMD athlon II x PSU Cant see the brand I think its a stock PSU Max watts Thanks for the help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-and-wlan-card-stop-working-from-time-to-time.195964/
Relevancy 17.2%

So I have a inch mac mid Its a Mac OS X Lion So I bought this hard disk Samsung gb ST a year or two ago and then did the correct formatting so it could run on the mac This summer I took it off my mac for about a month and now I felt like listening to Wilko s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and realized it was on the hard disk so I put it back on and now its not showing up It was fine before I tried going in disk utilities and it shows up there so I verified it and although it didn t notify me for any repairments I still clicked on working on stopped Hard disk mac My repair and it didn t help Theres a lot more info there then just that album a whole lot of great movies tv shows and a big library of great music that I was looking forward to get back into as well as a couple programs also plug ins for my My Hard disk stopped working on mac ableton so now I cant open up my projects either So I really don t wanna format it Any help will be greatly appreciated theres a lot of info on this hard disk nbsp

A:My Hard disk stopped working on mac

In Disk Utility, does the disk show a partition? If so, highlight that partition, and then in the bottom left of that window there will be a blue clickable 'link'. Click that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hard-disk-stopped-working-on-mac.195829/
Relevancy 17.2%

So I needed to disable the touch pad on my laptop and the icon in the task bar was not there like it was, I needed to re-install cause things were getting slow everything works like it should now. But I went to the Control Panel and went to where you would disable the touch pad and the disable button is grayed out. I don't know why and I want to disable it.

(Attached is what I see when I get to the mouse from the control panel)

A:Laptop touchpad not working Windows 8

Have you rebooted since?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-touchpad-not-working-windows-8.195811/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi guys ,I am facing the weirdest problem . when I m trying to connect my laptop using wifi , my modem get rebooted ..all light gets off (DSL,WLAN,Internet) automatically . is it any malware or what ? I have updated my BIOS , my wireless driver ..but nothing worked .nd when I m connecting using ethernet its working fine , modem working smoothly .

A:Wireless not working, but ethernet does

Hi Sssstud,

Please let us know the message you see when you try to establish a wireless connection to the internet. Is your computer able to detect wireless networks? What version of Windows are you using and what is the model and name of the wireless router?

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-not-working-but-ethernet-does.195557/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi guys, first post here. I don't know much about tech so joined here for help. I moved into a new house (rented) and we have virgin media internet with their infamously reliable super hub

I can connect to the internet fine with an ethernet cable but only get "local" access when attempting with wifi. My friend can get on wifi fine on his laptop and my wifi works fine on other networks which leads me to believe its just some settings that need changing. I will try to attach a picture of my ipconfig with wifi switched on and no ethernet cable in.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, I've googled for hours and hours but nothing anyone suggests on there has worked for me.

Cheers for any replies

A:Wifi not working, ethernet does

Is that Cell phone internet your using there. Disabled Wired connections when using WiFi connections don't have both enabled. Also are you sharing internet or WiFi in this building?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-not-working-ethernet-does.195318/
Relevancy 17.63%

I don't know what I can try When I plug an ordinary mic in it works fine but when I connect the beamforming mic that came with the card I get nothing. I'm looking at the little green bar in recording devices when testing noise levels.

Any ideas?
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-mic-isnt-working.195536/
Relevancy 17.63%

So I have a laptop which is an Hp probook in which my webcam isn't working. It happened like 2 months ago. I started to check for every solution but nothing worked, then I bought a new webcam so that maybe it works but it also didn't work. I checked the device manager and it says that the device is working properly for both of the webcams but when I check it with the hp camera it tells me that the camera is either used by another software or is not connected. it also doesn't work on other stuff like skype and fb and others. Can somebody help me please.

A:My webcams aren't working

You may need to restore the laptop to a factory condition by using the HP restore feature...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-webcams-arent-working.195408/
Relevancy 33.54%

Not sure if posting in the right place, but hope someone can help. I have a dlink dsl 2780 and a huawei hg533, I am wanting to put custom firmware on them both but not sure which one is best. after looking about I am all most sure they have broadcom chipsets in them. which dd-wrt says it will work on most broadcoms and also something called tomato. or will I be better using something else. thank you to anyone who offers advice.

A:Custom router firmware

Check the ddwrt compatibility list. If your router(s) are on that, then use ddwrt. I've ran it on 2 routers and been very pleased.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-router-firmware.194938/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi I have a HP Laptop it?s but with newish software running vista. Its all been working fine form about a year or so. The other day some of the keys stopped working, I have not dropped it or spilled anything on it. I turned it and when I tried to go back in to it, it came up with the black BIOS screen. However as the keys were not working it would not let me select anything (i.e safe mode) it times down to open in the already highlighted section which was rum window as normal (or something like that) it then gave a blue screen and said it was doing a crash dump. After this it went back to the black BIOS screen and repeated the whole thing. Its stuck in some sort of loop. I don?t have any disks to reinstall what can I do???

A:Laptop keys stopped working and now I can use BIOS

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate hardware forum. Consider the possibility tat the keyboard may be defective and you may have to replace it. That is no problem- I just replaced mine.

Stay subscribed so you'll know when you get reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-now-i-can-use-bios.171636/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi For about years I have had the ability at my work place to access the LAN from my desktop via an Ethernet connection and at the same time access the internet via Wifi to a router DSL connection I just switched to Fios which means a Wifi internet and LAN not ethernet now working together new router Now for some reason I cannot have both connections functioning at the same time When they are both running -I cannot access internet Wifi connects just fine strong signal etc but browser can t find any addresses If I unplug the Ethernet LAN cable the browser - internet access is fine -I cannot print to a LAN network printer though I can still access the server on the LAN and run programs that are located on the server If I disable the Wifi I can print to a network printer fine I really need to be able to do both again E g when I am away my desktop will need to be connected to the internet so I can connect to it via Logmein and access files programs on the server Here is a printout of quot ipconfig all quot from my desktop Windows IP Configuration Host Name DOCTOR Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - D- -C - - Dhcp Enabled No IP LAN ethernet and Wifi internet not working together now Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Physical Address - E-E - C-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday August AM Lease Expires Friday August AM A few years back I wrote down some ipconfig info - this is when things were working well Windows IP Configuration Host Doctor Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection IP Address Subnet Mask Ethernet Adapter Wireless Network IP Address Subnet Thank you so much nbsp

A:LAN ethernet and Wifi internet not working together now

More information:
OS on my desktop: XP Home SP3
OS on computer connected to router that is Wifi source for my desktop (internet access) - XP Home SP3
OS on server (LAN, ethernet) - XP Pro SP3

ipconfig /all for computer connected to router (internet access)

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : AESCA

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : home

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-07-E9-73-57-FA

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, August 08, 2013 11:10:26 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, August 09, 2013 11:10:26 AM

ipconfig /all for the server (connects to my desktop via Ethernet cable)

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SERVER

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-64-04-C8-34

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Thank you!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-ethernet-and-wifi-internet-not-working-together-now.195144/
Relevancy 24.08%

My wireless is not working. I have tried looking at comments on line but nothing seems to work!
If I use the CMD code I get this for the ether net:
ipv4: 94.205.214.13
subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 94.205.214.1

I have a sitecom router if that helps at all? It says to go to 192.168.0.1 which I have done but sdtill confused!Thanks in advance

A:Wireless not working, ethernet is working

All the above looks good. Using 192.168.0.1 as a URL in your browser, you should get a request for the user/password for that router. Once you login, you can go to the WiFi portion, enable it, set the SSID and encryption you desire.

Where do you get stuck?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-not-working-ethernet-is-working.194953/
Relevancy 17.63%

HI! can someone pls help me when I insert my usb my computer detects it

but when I go to my computer

this happens...what should I do? even in other computers this is the scenario

help

A:USB not working

See if this might help How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-not-working.194975/