Windows Support Forum

yoga700 14 slow wifi speed

Q: yoga700 14 slow wifi speed

my new yoga700 14 wifi gets very slow , it shows 150mbps in the wireless network status, wheras my other laptop can get more than 300mbps connecting to the same router. both laptops are sitting very close to the router without any blocking, the signal strenth is full. my yoga 700 comes with the QCA9377 adapter . The wireless router is linksys e4200v2 working in wireless N 5GHz mode . I have tried installing the latest drivers from lenovo webside and fiddling with the settings in the adapter drivers but no avail. please help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga700-14-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3374409
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: yoga700 14 slow wifi speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.95%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey,

my wifi seems very slow under Windows 8 and is acting like its been "capped" by something.

When running Windows 7, I was getting approx 60MB actually download rate off of my apparent 120MB Virgin Media service, now that I am on Windows 8 it appears to be running at 20MB.

The drivers have been updated to the one that was on the manufacturers website, before the update was applied my download was capped at 1MB.

Does something need changing / tweaking on Windows 8 to make it more friendly to high speed broadband?

Cheers

A:slow WiFi Speed

How are you measuring your speed?

Speedtest.net?

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26123-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I have one of these wireless cards Asus WL-138g v2 and I have it running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the card stays connected but is painfully slow when downloading and using the internet. I have tried a collection of different drivers removed anti virus software, disabled all start up items and services but this does not solve the issue. The only thing I have found so far that does solve this problem is to boot into safe mode and then it works fine and is not slow at all. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause this issue?

THanks

A:Slow Wifi Speed

As always check to make sure you have the most up to date driver from Asus. Also check and/or disable any software firewall that may be negatively affecting the connection.

Another thought that comes to mind is... what are you connecting to with this wifi card? Is this your own network, or? What is the signal strength of this connection? Screenshots may be helpful here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188248-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi , i got in my new y700 2.5 mbs download speed..when i check the download speed with my old laptop its approximately 20 mbs.. so please help.. i checked and tried every solution in the net..please if you know the right solution help me..thanks 

A:Y700 slow wifi speed

network adapter : intel ac 3165current driver : 18.40.0.9OS: win 10 - 64bit

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3343154
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I need help with this network problem There is computers and smartphones in my house all of them have - mbits internet speed except my PC I have tried many things like Restart modem router Boot my pc in safe mode Scanned for virus or malware ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock Slow pc wifi speed on only internet my from reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log uninstalling reinstalling the driver Format my pc I cant use ethernet because my cable is not long enough But nothing Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc seems to help at all I have even tried to switch Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc the wireless adapter with my brother but that didn t help either So can someone please help guide me through this Because I cant play my games or stream youtube hell even web browsing takes forever to load now My spec i k ghz GB RAM AMD R x Radeon gb ASUS P Z -v LX Motherboard ASUS PCE N n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I recently decided to setup hardware speed new slow Wifi extremely after my hardware I bought few months ago I decided to get rid of the wifi router I was using wndr v and setup a Uniquiti EdgeRouter lite and an open mesh AP mr I decided to use my wifi router as a temp switch only until I got a new switch So I reset the wifi router setup the AP and router and tested the speed and it went dropped to about of the speeds I was getting with the wifi router I tested the speed via Ethernet directly with the edgerouter and the temp switch and the speeds were great about mbps I tried rebooting everything but that didn t help I then tried to reconfigure the wifi router to also use the wifi part of it Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware to see if my open mesh Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware AP was at fault but no the wifi router speeds were also down I m not sure what is the issue and would like some recommendations on how to troubleshoot this issue I know my wifi speeds won t match my wired speeds but I was consistently getting about - mbps on ghz wifi and it s now down to - mbps nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/wifi-speed-extremely-slow-after-new-hardware.1917065/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have done multiple speedtest from www.speedtest.net over the past 3 days and when I am directly connected to my modem, my download speed is roughly 35 MBPS however, when I am on wifi (literally 5 feet from the router) my download speed is roughly 20 MBPS. I have the Belkin F5D8236-4 router found here http://www.engadget.com/products/belkin/f5d8236-4/.

Is this slowdown of speed due to my router/interference or what?

Relevancy 63.21%

My Sony Vaio laptop is experiencing slow internet speed even though the signal level shows as excellent. This is only when using it upstairs, where it is normally used. In the same room as the router it is fine. This has only just starting happening and it was OK anywhere in the house until a couple of days ago. To make it even more confusing my wife's notebook and my iphone work fine on the network in the bedroom. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 63.21%

I have un-installed and re-installed my Linksys E wireless N router several times and can only achieve about MBPS d l and MBPS u l data speeds on a year old HP laptop running speed... download V. slow wifi Solved: Windows This is wireless service and the laptop is within feet of the router I have Comcast service on my desktop and my quot connected quot normal d l speed is MBPS with MBPS u l Don Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... t know what Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... else to do I have connected the laptop directly to the modem and get MBPS speed so there is something I m missing in the wireless router setup Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd G M-ES L Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled Any ideas bernsinlanc nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I connect problem speed slow - internet download Wifi my PC to my router using a wifi dongle I wish I could use Ethernet but it's just not practical My router is a D-Link Wireless AC my dongle is an Asus USB-AC They connect strongly usually at Mbps My incoming internet connection is passed through from the modem to the router The modem isn't broadcasting a Wifi signal My internet is a fibre connection provided by talktalk When testing with Speedtest my iPad mobile phone Macbook and other devices typically see down speeds of - Mbps and Wifi internet problem - download speed slow up speeds of - Mbps which is roughly what they should I mean I'm paying for Mbps but whatever My PC will occasionally get the same but very often the download is erratic and slow something like - Mbps and I don't know how to rectify it The upload isn't a problem so what I'm usually getting is Wifi internet problem - download speed slow an up speed that's - x Wifi internet problem - download speed slow my down speed The problem doesn't seem to be with the router or modem given that my other devices are getting good speeds and it doesn't help to troubleshoot through Windows because as far as my PC's concerned it's getting an internet connection it doesn't care about the speed so it doesn't suggest any solution I have tried various combinations of restarting the computer unplugging the dongle restarting AND unplugging and every once in a while after being plugged back in it starts to reach the - Mbps range but there's no consistency to it And I'm scared to turn the computer off because if I do it'll probably lose the speed again but I don't want to have to keep the damn thing on all the time I use Kaspersky Internet Security which is a recent purchase but I don't think that's the issue because I've occasionally been able to see the higher speeds while using it Do you have any ideas of what I can do to figure this out and get my PC to reliably see the down speeds it should Below is my ipconfig and Xirrus info Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description ASUS USB-AC ac Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - C- A- -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b f ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D-C - D-C -D -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C - - -DE-F -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

Relevancy 62.35%

I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web page (like google, gmail etc) and it is not streaming any video from youtube/netflix. I spend one day for fixing this issue but don't know how to fix this.
Please help me to how to fix this issue ( increase the internet speed using wifi connection)? or how I will revert back to Windows 8.1?

Thanks
Selvakumar

A:WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi All,
The slow internet connectivity using through the wifi is resolved. I update all the device software from the device manager (especially network card - Realtek) and after that I am able stream the video and it is fast now.

Thanks
Selvakumar R

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/14656-wifi-internet-speed-slow-down-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all tech guy users I am having a really frustrating time with my wifi signal recently Here are the symptoms Max distance from router in which I can receive a signal is about ft Really slow upload and download speeds from MY laptop only My fiance s laptop had a DL speed of Mps and I don t remember the UL but it was much better than mine Screenshot to follow Internet will drop out while I still Wifi sudden Poor of Range and Speed the Slow all show connectivity to the router and then seconds later the router signal will drop out completely Just now my signal dropped out and from my laptop which is sitting three feet from Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden my fiance s laptop Hers has internet just fine What I have tried so far Changed Routers Changed broadcast channel on both routers Updated the driver for my Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden wireless Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden network adapter Virus Scan Malwarebytes Full Scan Xirrus Wifi Inspector run Screenshot to follow Removed Windows ability to shut off my network adapter to save energy This problem occurred for the first time one week ago today I have been getting by since then but the hassle is getting to me Full disclosure time Right before this happened I had an issue with my laptop where the battery was not getting a charge I tested the power available to the plug and found the proper voltage there I took the cover off of the laptop and found that a solder joint between the power plug and one of the wires had come loose I re-soldered the wire and it charged up no problemo I took the cover back off this evening because I had a sinking feeling I messed something up but I found nothing The power plug on my Lenovo Y P laptop is accessed from above the keyboard just remove the speaker cover The wireless adapter is underneath and I didn t remove it or touch it when I worked on it I did take a look at it this evening and I did see that it only has one screw holing it down There were no quot witness marks quot where another screw was installed at one time so I just left it alone Hopefully those don t provide some form of continuity to the board beneath It doesn t appear so but I can t be certain System Details Lenovo Y P just over a year old Windows i processor gig ram I am student in my Junior year of engineering and I really can t afford to have these network problems Almost missed an assignment submission last night This has been an excellent computer until now I have some pretty hefty programs installed for my classes and it runs them flawlessly Also the internet works great on campus but I am never far from an N router hotspot Any help that anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated I was almost about to make a Yagi antenna out of an old Netgear USB wireless adapter then decided that I would just check here after I ran the speed test and figured something was up with my comp nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite C -A -V running Windows Home Edition I've New Speed, Slow Brand Wifi Impossibly Computer. never really had the fastest internet but its always been alright for what I used it for untill i purchased this computer Suffice it to say the internet is a little below sub par Heres a speedtest My phone My sisters Laptop running windows even my old IBM running Linux all are getting speedtests with Download speeds of at least - Mbps from the same router with at least - Mbps And yet here I am brand new computer in hand with memories of dialup floating through my head I've been on message boards trying to find an answer to this for hours I've changed the Wireless settings to not turn off the Wifi I've checked Toshiba's Website and downloaded the latest WLAN driver I deleted literally every last ounce of bloatware from the computer when I got it so I don't THINK that's an issue There's Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer. no torrents or security running either Basicaly I have no idea what to do Now the weird thing is if I turn the computer on and do a speedtest right away I'm getting a fast Ping and a download of Mbps instead of the Any Help or ideas on what to do

A:Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer.

Did you try an ethernet cable instead of wireless? If that works normally, read on...

I had a problem like this many years ago, it turned out to be something wrong with the drivers for the network card I was using. To fix it, go into device manager and find the entry for the wireless network adapter (eg "xyz wireless network adapter"). Right click on the adapter and select "remove". Reboot the machine. It should detect the adapter as new hardware and reinstall the drivers for the network hardware. Of course you may need to supply the drivers at this point if they are not available on the machine.

This is somewhat techy and if you are not a level 2 nerd you may want to get a qualified friend to help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30856-impossibly-slow-wifi-speed-brand-new-computer.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I have a ASUS N550JK-DS71T laptop which has about half the download speed with wifi compared to a similar laptop (with a N-type wireless card) right next to it. So this issue is not due to ISP or router. Upload speed is fine.
I used speedtest.net.
Laptop has the INTEL AC 7260 wireless card with the latest driver on Asus website (V17.0.1.5).
I checked the power settings and they are on High Performance.
I have a N-router set to N.

Would you know any settings in BIOS, Windows, INTEL to check/change to fix this.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

A:ASUS N550JK-DS71T - slow download speed with wifi

That is a dual-band adapter in the laptop. From the sound of it you have a 2.4Ghz single-band router. Try turning off the 5GHz band on the laptop adapter if there is an option to do so.

Also, there are newer drivers dated August for that adapter on the Intel site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...14&ProdId=3714

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55506-asus-n550jk-ds71t-slow-download-speed-wifi.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all My Belkin N wireless router is now experiencing intermittent slow Internet speed The router is years old and has wifi slow router speed intermittent N300 Belkin worked perfectly until last week Here are the troubleshooting steps I completed Internet speed test Belkin N300 router intermittent slow wifi speed when directly plugged into the wireless router and cable modem mbps Internet speed using laptop wifi mbps then sometimes works at normal speed Called ISP and they verified there was a connectivity to cable modem issue Did a power cycle for modem and router Then got full mbps from cable modem to ISP using direct connect to laptop tested other devices such as laptops and tablets all experiencing intermittent slow speed when experiencing slow wifi switched to direct connect ethernet cable to router and got immediate Belkin N300 router intermittent slow wifi speed full mpbs So far all my testing is pointing to the Belkin router s wifi connectivity I will check on the router s firmware since it has never been updated I also found a thread online suggesting disabling QOS on the router But this should not be needed as it was working fine for two years since its purchase Any suggestions to what else I can do to resolve this issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n300-router-intermittent-slow-wifi-speed.1152424/
Relevancy 54.18%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 50.74%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 50.31%

Help gt My browser connection speed dropped to about kb second after a power outage I just did a full format of the drive and a clean install of XP Pro No Antivirus or Firewall loaded yet XP Firewall is not enabled HiJackThis looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system telnet exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag just fine speed Browser Telnet speed connection SLOW exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine - e e Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -- End of file - bytes Have any idea why my Telnet connection is fine yet my Browsers don t hook up at the same speed emetib nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-connection-speed-slow-telnet-speed-just-fine.686662/
Relevancy 50.31%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 50.31%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently moved house and had installed my internet today, the exact same setup.

Right now the only difference with this setup is that the router is plugged into my laptop, and if anything, it's closer to my computer than it was in the previous house.

My problem is that it randomly goes slow for short periods of time, or in games it lags like crazy. For example while watching youtube it'll shoot up the loading bar fast and then all of a sudden stop, and go really slowly, then back into fast speed over and over.

What can I do to resolve this?

A:Slow speed, fast speed, slow speed.

Go to speedtest.net and see what your download and upload speeds are. Watching a youtube video will use less bandwidth than a game would.

You could also do a tracert to google.com to see if there are any high response times.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191565-slow-speed-fast-speed-slow-speed.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys So I bought this kick-ass laptop from MSI It is pretty good These are the specs in case they aid in finding a solution to my problem Name MSI WorkStation Series GT OKWS- US OS Windows Professional bit CPU GHz Intel Core i - MQ Hard drive TB RPM GB Solid-State Drive Graphics NVIDIA Quadro K with change is speed How (Transfer I do speed? extremely slow) CD-ROM GB DDR VRAM Hard disk description SATA Optical Storage Device BD Burner Cache Memory installed size Problem statement I am trying to copy files from a DVD disc some GB of data using the CD-ROM on this laptop The transfer How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) speed is EXTREMELY LOW It starts with almost MB sec at first but then after seconds or so it gets down to KB sec The transfer was going to take approximately hours which is a lot for a laptop with specs like mine I tried to copy the same DVD to another laptop which had much lower specs than my MSI the approximated time was minutes I How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) tried to update CD-ROM but it told me that it was up to date Please help me guys Best regards

A:How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow)

The Specs don't mean nothing buddy, however the specs of the DVD Driver do...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344382-how-do-i-change-cd-rom-speed-transfer-speed-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi,

My motherboard has a usb 2.0 in it and when I put my thumbstick into it this ballon comes up saying High speed USB plugged into Slow speed usb hub how can I fix this?

Relevancy 49.02%

DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Aldrin Domingo at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated C BB - B - - A - B A B B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files speed - Slow test net Infected ok speed, in but NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows vmsnap exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test Garena Plus ggdllhost exe C Program Files x Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Photodex ProShow Gold ScsiAccess exe C Users Aldrin Domingo AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Users Aldrin Domingo AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies Kies exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files x Garena Plus GarenaMessenger exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Software Print PDF PrnPack exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI sua exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C CherryDeGames Dragon Nest DragonNest exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www goog... Read more

A:Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529174/infected-slow-net-speed-but-ok-in-speed-test/
Relevancy 49.02%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Like a lot of similar threads here I am experiencing slow wifi speed on out of laptops I have a Virginmedia wireless n Superhub UK all in one modem router set at mbps and speed wifi Low my tariff is for mbps download speed laptops experience no problems at all wireless g connects at mbps wireless n connects at mbps another wireless n connects at mbps These connection speeds are consistent and do not fluctuate Low wifi speed All have consistent speedtests of mbps download and mbps upload The remaining laptop has fluctuating connection speeds of anywhere between - mbps and a speedtest of between - mbps This laptop is my wife s work from home machine - Lenovo Thinkpad with an Intel wifi Link agn adapter Office is situated one floor up from the router and phone socket We have a wireless phone jack so no cabling is run directly to the office I thought this may be giving off interference but I disconnected it and still got the same wifi results I have used all working laptops in the office and have experienced no change in connection speeds speedtest so am assuming that the issue is not interference I haven t yet hardwired the laptop or tried to update the driver Just wanted to run this by you first before I make any changes Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I was at the airport other day,waiting for my flight, and i used a WiFi hotspot to access to my blog. I noticed that although the hotspot claimed to run at maximun data rate of 54 Mbps the throughput I achieved was a lot less. can you explain to me why that might be?

can you explain the term 802.11 standard to me ??
thank you.

Relevancy 48.16%

Our LAN connection runs about mbps down up our WIFI runs about mbps down up Given there s a wall or two between quot the hub Up Way to Any WiFi? the Speed quot It s a steel building there s nobody running off the WIFI except people with cell phones I installed a TS Link WIFI Extender outside the walls in the shop which receives - bars There s manual mills lathes and CNC equipment in the shop as well as a shop computer for clocking in out and a MSC vendor that are LAN connected Pretty much all that connects to the WIFI are cell phones and the shop laptop Is it Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? simply the interference on GHz in the shop Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? that muddles the signal the wall s in between or is there anything I can do to get it up to at least loss in data Here s my Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? setup INTERNET NETGEAR WNR lt LAN gt ---CAT e Crossover--- BUFFALO AC AP lt WIFI gt --- NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt lt --- FIREWALL THAT I D Ced Watchguard Firebox SOHO was getting MBPS LAN with it lt LAN gt NETGEAR -PORT SWITCH lt LAN gt NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt NAS lt ----- Need to access through WIFI The Netgear router doesn t give a constant signal while the Buffalo does I was originally going to reroute the the Buffalo to DMZ THRU on the firewall but the firewall didn t like it I know that firewall is about years outdated I don t intend to use it What I need to know is will it significantly increase WIFI speed to just use the Buffalo without the Netgear there Also what will I need to get ac connection from the Buffalo router Has there been a standard set for it yet I m also open for firewall suggestions that have legit DMZ THRU SonicWall Thanks Blake Rawlston Machinist IT Anarchist Southeastern Tool and Design nbsp

A:Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi?

removed your email, as that's a great way to get on spam lists.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-speed-up-the-wifi.1112377/
Relevancy 48.16%

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection? (Wireless N)
Speed keeps changing.

A:wifi speed

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection?Click to expand...

Determine what is causing the slowness and then rectify the cause.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.827975/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guys,
Have an issue with my internet speed, I am currently subscribed with an ISP for 60Mb/s Connection and I can only get that speed via cable over wifi it goes down to 26Mb/s, after I called my ISP they told me I had to buy some other wifi device that extendes my signal and is able to transmit more then 26MB/s so I bought a NetGear EX6100 Wifi Range Extender and set it up as an access point on the 5GHz channel it is currently connected via cable with the ISP Router but still im only getting 26Mb/s.
Im stuck what did I do wrong ???

A:Wifi Speed

My cable service plan is for 150 Mbps download.

I get 150 - 170 Mbps on ethernet and 30 - 50 Mbps on wireless.

I've tweaked my wireless connection as much as I can and still get the much slower speed.

It's still fast enough for my needs, so I've learned to live with it.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.1149319/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I is speed WiFi very low barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now i have problem with wifi drivers I WiFi speed is very low am using windows ultimate x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped WiFi speed is very low on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp nbsp nbsp No one answered me in my last post so im posting the same question again nbsp nbsp

A:WiFi speed is very low

Hi, There are few posts around. Please use others Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-very-low/td-p/5854571
Relevancy 47.3%

Way too often my wifi cuts out and I need to use the troubleshooter to restart it, When it returns my speeds are cut by 50%. It is NOT a problem with my wi fi as speeds on my desktop stay stable.  Really tired of a failrly new computer having this problem frequently.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-reduces-by-50/td-p/5759090
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi nbsp My notebook has a relatively slow WiFi connection to the wireless router I Searched this forum and found some advice which related to the network adapter settings WiFi Spectre Speed HP I tried this advice and it did not work for me http h www hp com t Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking Wifi-speeds-slow td-p nbsp Data Windows latest updates are installedi - CPU and GB RAMNetwork adapter driver version from May My WiFi Speed was only Mbit Second nbsp The WiFi Speed of my wife with her Lenovo positioned as the same spot is Mbit Sec and my iPhone connects with Mbit Sec nbsp After playing with some parameters I found out that changing the advanced setting of the WiFi adapter to prefer the Ghz channel increased my HP Spectre WiFi Speed speed to Mbit Sec This parameter might help some other people that have this issue but I am still disappointed because my speed is still half the speed of the competition Lenovo has a Broadcom WiFi adapter nbsp Does someone have any solution to this issue nbsp HP Spectre WiFi Speed Thank you nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-WiFi-Speed/td-p/5708847
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, I am using windows 8 in my laptop and Ubuntu in my desktop PC. In the desktop, I used to browse the internet by connecting LAN cable. and using WiFi on my laptop. I am using Acanac's unlimited internet plans in Quebec. The browsing speed is comparatively high in Ubuntu than windows 8. Is there any mechanism to boost the browsing speed in windows 8? I am not very familiar with Ubuntu. Most of the times I use my laptop to browse. If you have any solution, please put it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623669/to-boost-wifi-speed/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ive been getting latency lately while playing wow, due to the addition of another computer using our verizon fiber optic internet. Is there a program out there that could boost my internet speed and possibly help me get more out of a connection that is already pretty fast? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINHOME System smss exe C WINHOME system winlogon exe C WINHOME system services exe C WINHOME system lsass exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C WINHOME System svchost exe C WINHOME System wltrysvc exe C WINHOME System bcmwltry exe C WINHOME system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm with WIFI ??? 50% Loss Speed LVPrcSrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINHOME Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C WINHOME system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? exe C WINHOME system hkcmd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINHOME system THotkey exe C WINHOME 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? system TPSMain exe C WINHOME AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin F D Belkinwcui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINHOME system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C DOCUME somebody MOE LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINHOME system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINHOME system THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINHOME system NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Belkin Wireless Utility lnk O - Global Startup EZ-DUB Finder lnk C Program Files EZ-DUB EZ-DUB exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF C A- BE- B -A BB- B FE A ewidoOnlineScan Control - http download ewido net ewidoOnlineScan cab O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab YInstStarter Class - C Program Files Yahoo Common yinsthelper dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C E - E- D- CF- A F FB NameServer O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/50-speed-loss-with-wifi.530879/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around Mbps I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router I have this setup - Archer T U USB ac drivers updated - USB - Airport Extreme router ac Ghz only - PC is about meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between - All other equipment MacBook iPhone do not have wifi speed issues From the same point as the PC I get much higher speeds Mbps What could be wrong My rig PCPartPicker part list Core i - K GHz Quad-Core GeForce GTX GB - System Build - PCPartPicker CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U P SE CFM CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus Z PRO GAMING AURA ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX GB x GB DDR - Memory Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link Archer T U USB a b g n ac Wi-Fi Adapter cheers Tex

A:Poor LAN wifi speed

Originally Posted by TexTwil

Hi,
My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around 50 Mbps. I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router.

I have this setup
- Archer T4U USB 802.11 ac (drivers updated)
- USB 3
- Airport Extreme router 802.11 ac (5Ghz only)
- PC is about 3 meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between
- All other equipment (MacBook, iPhone) do not have wifi speed issues. From the same point as the PC, I get much higher speeds (500Mbps)

What could be wrong?

cheers,
Tex

adjacent channels ?

The free inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 network analyser will tell you what you need to know about your local network and througput configuration including WIFI overcrowdinng ,overlapping and adjacent channel networks ,other newtorks (neiboors ) but outside of driver ,fiewall ,port configuration or HDWE problems .

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62399-poor-lan-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently upgraded my VDSL speed to mbps down and mbps up Since the upgrade my speed is only WiFi only Help. half speed. at about half I am reading at about - mbps download I had down and up prior to the upgrade And always got full speed over WiFi I get my full speed over a ethernet cable I have a actiontec V modem router or as Qwest calls it the Q It supports N Its also dual WiFi only half speed. Help. band My laptop wireless card is a Realtek RTL B WiFi only half speed. Help. wireless b g mbps usb network adapter I have tried changing the channel of my router I also tried changing the power level of the radio signal I also updated the driver I changed the channel of my realtek card as well I am stumped I also called my ISP tech support They have no idea whats wrong The person I spoke to thought n was a model number If anyone knows what I can do to fix this it would be much appreciated if you could help nbsp

A:WiFi only half speed. Help.

Welcome to TSG!

Sorry to say that's all you'll get with 802.11 g. The 54Mbits/sec is the maximum physical layer bit rate. Actual throughput will be around 24 Mbits/sec Max.

Only way to "fix" it is to upgrade to 802.11 n.

I have an 802.11 n setup which connects at 130 Mbits/sec, but the Max throughput is around 60-65 Mbits/sec.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-only-half-speed-help.931578/
Relevancy 47.3%

how can i increase or improve the speed of my wifi connection. it seems like everytime i go on the web, it takes quite a while to load the page. just a little bit faster then 56kbps. the wireless router is right in the other room.

when my friend brings his laptop over, it seems as though he gets fast connection eventhough he's downstairs...

wassup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed-increase.215817/
Relevancy 47.3%

Had D-link and got sick of the problems. Went with Belkin router and PC Card.
Ran great for a month...............then it all went to hell.
I have a 5 meg cable conx and I lose at least 50-70% of speed with WIFI.

Running XP . Are there any configuration settings I'm missing?
I was letting Belking manage the connection but that was killing my CPU , so I went back to letting Windows run it. Seemed to have helped, but my CPU is still sluggish..........slow opening browsers. Streaming is fine.............conex stable.
Cursor sticky and slow.

Relevancy 47.3%

hi guys, is there a way to increase wifi speed to make i go fast like a cable connection?

any surgestions would be good?

A:is there a way to increase wifi speed?

Hi there

1)Your Router needs to support the new Wireless-N standard up to 600 mbs from the presemt 54 mbs (WIRELESS-G).

2) Your Wireless card need to support it too.

Wireless-N routers are a bit more expensive -- and the problem is that if you are using a Laptop it's not easy to change the wireless chip so you'll have to use an external USB Wireless-N card -- also not cheap.

I don't think there will be too many PUBLIC WI FI places that will have wireless -n system for ages yet so you are stuck with wireless g @ 54 MBS max.

If you are on a shared wireless connection then the number of users will also slow it down -- especially if you have a load of users such as in a Hotel downloading Music / streaming audio into their hotel rooms etc.

Here's a wiki on Wireless-n (do further research as always with wiki).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11n-2009

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57489-there-way-increase-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now is WiFi terrible speed i have problem with wifi drivers I am using windows ultimate WiFi speed is terrible x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed WiFi speed is terrible older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi WiFi speed is terrible is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp

A:WiFi speed is terrible

Hi, Please run a speed test to see what do you get          http://www.speedtest.net/ Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-terrible/td-p/5853015
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have a high-speed Internet connection at home The main computer is connected through an Ethernet cable off a cable-modem and both the download and upload speeds are excellent just as the ISP claims it to be Then the afore-mentioned cable-modem is linked to my Mbps TP-Link WR ND router so that I can get Wi-Fi on my iPhone Internet WiFi Speed Home I have been running several Internet speed Home WiFi Internet Speed tests and the download speed just won't go any higher than Mbps Upload speed is perfectly fine Gone through some tutorials and then all the settings on the router and everything is fine Plus the iPhone is designed for Wi-Fi ultra-high speeds well over Mbps Am I missing something How come I cannot get any more speed When I do the tests the phone Home WiFi Internet Speed is just centimetres away from the router so there's no walls objects or anything that may slow things down by over as it is the case What can I do Is there any possibilities of getting at least of the maximum speed

A:Home WiFi Internet Speed

This really isn't a Windows 8 issue , you will need to ask in the TP-Link support area/forums to see how you can change your wifi channels etc to maximise your throughput.

I can say that under normal use you will never get 300 Mbs using wifi , the network overheads and more will reduce that to 180-200Mbs maximum , 300 is a very idealised figure.

As for iPhone 5 , I do remember there were issues with wifi speeds , binarytoad details the issue here iPhone 5 Slow Wifi Fix (workaround) - YouTube

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30901-home-wifi-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Dell Inspiron 1545 w/ Vista
Using the Wifi connection to the internet (wireless) to building Wifi, the signal strength is strong but the speed is poor. My regular desktop shows speeds are fine (used in the same area). (Desktop >16Mbs...Laptop <1 to 4.5Mbs.

Dell help is non existent. Computer given to me by son of recently deceased friend,

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there trying to increase the Wifi speed -- have a decent Wifi adapter with ac capability - connected to USB port Speed should be up to - Mbps instead of the Mbps it shows I KNOW the cable speed via LAN is really fast - so is the built in Wifi router that the cable company have given me not up to the job for Wifi -- I really would like to get rid of loads of LAN cable around the place That's why I don't like these boxes the ISP issues you with thereoretical below Wifi well (802.11ac) speed - there's minimal tinkering you can do with them - but you have to use their cable box as a typical Router connects via the phone -- that phone connection system has long since disappeared where I am Seems that the cable boxes you get hobbled with by the ISP company - while OK for LAN seem to not be built for the fastest Wifi Protocol Anyway round this Wifi speed well below thereoretical (802.11ac) --- any call to the cable company seems to involve my worst nightmare -- long waits on the Wifi speed well below thereoretical (802.11ac) phone to some Indian call centre where the staff at the other end haven't a clue what I'm talking about -- all they seem to mouth over and over again - Is your Internet working --YES IT IS but that's not the problem Grrrhhhhhhh Cheers jimbo

A:Wifi speed well below thereoretical (802.11ac)

Hi Jimbo,
there are a few tweeks you can make here,
Throughput enhancement is the major amendment just depends on your adapters options.
and then theres the bandwidth 5.2 is faster.

see screenshots, notepad Advanced are mine

Roy

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39642-wifi-speed-well-below-thereoretical-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Here USB vs WiFi comparison sustained speed s my setup In my bedroom I have my modem wireless router Netgear WGR v and my desktop computer which has a large HDD with all my movies TV shows and music In my living room I have my Xbox and new device I just recently installed PBO Patriot Box Office Core Media Player The media player has ports for USB and ethernet hard drive connections Basically what I m looking for is a way to convert the wireless signal in my living room into a physical connection ethernet cable which I can plug into my USB vs WiFi sustained speed comparison PBO and watch high def p resolution videos from my desktop I know that a USB wifi adapter would be simpler but there s one thing I m trying to determine before I buy bottlenecking I crunched the numbers not quite sure how USB vs WiFi sustained speed comparison accurately mind you haha and here s what I saw - a recent bandwidth test using my desktop reported my upload speed around kpbs KB s whereas the sustained speed of USB is reportedly anywhere from MB s to MB s way higher Does this mean that USB s top potential sustained transfer rate is being bottlenecked by my internet connection speed Are my numbers helpful accurate at all Any input is much appreciated nbsp

A:USB vs WiFi sustained speed comparison

USB device will always be limited to the bandwidth of the port. You can't make the wireless go faster than it's rated bandwidth either. The USB will not be bottlenecked, it will take whatever comes in up to it's rated bandwidth.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-vs-wifi-sustained-speed-comparison.1042320/
Relevancy 46.87%

For my laptop, the speed was 300Mbps few days before but it changed to 54Mbps last night. I did not change any settings for my router and adapter and the only software I installed during this period is Windows update of March. I found the client monitor in router's setup page displays 802.11n is disabled. So what are the reasons?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've got the adapter driver to be the latest one.

A:WiFi speed down from 300Mbps to 54Mbps??

set wireless channel to automatic?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219952-wifi-speed-down-300mbps-54mbps.html
Relevancy 46.87%

When I was running windows 8.1 I got download speeds of 76 Mbps and upload of 33Mbps. Since upgrading to windows 10 Home the MAXIMUM download speed is 23 Mbps and upload of 10Mbps. How do I correct this problem remembering that I am a novice with respect to computers.
I am using a i7 duel 2.50 processor with 16 GB ram.

A:WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10

I just upgraded a friend's laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home and with Windows 10 Home it was getting 10-25 Mbps. The temporary fix was to connect the laptop to an Ethernet cable. I told the owner to contact their ISP and get a better modem. I hope it is not Windows 10 Home that is causing this problem.

Maybe this problem is caused by interference? I did notice that the laptop was getting much stronger signals from the neighbours which are much further away than this cable modem.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55545-wifi-speed-reduction-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Wireless Speed is AWFUL! Windows is reporting full bars, but intermittent connections.
Out of warranty I have replaced the wireless card twice now only for temporary fixes, tried new antennas and display, no difference.
updated to the latest drivers/bios no virus's or malware to be found. Freshly re-imaged.
XPS 14 L421X Dell 14 inch laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19966087
Relevancy 46.87%

I purchased this laptop new. Wifi works fine with even 50MB speed.  Videos buffering seamlessly. But if I connect a bluetooth headset or mouse or my phone, Wifi stopped receiving the signal, movies stopped playing and I have to disconnect the bluetooth to get it back. I'm facing this problem from Day-1. I have enabled automatic update in the HP support assistant and all the drivers are upto date. I spent a lot of money to buy this laptop but ended up in frustration with this kind of problem ruining such a high end laptop.

A:Bluetooth reduces WiFi speed

Hi,           Could you try re installing the wireless and the bluetooth driver, please use the links provided below to get the drivers. Wireless : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75249.exeBluetooth: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74988.exe RegardsSatishHewlett PackardClick on " Kudos Star " icon on left hand side if resolved.I am a HP employee, but the comments in this forum is of my own and does not represent HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-reduces-WiFi-speed/td-p/5673404
Relevancy 46.87%

When I was running windows 8.1 I got download speeds of 76 Mbps and upload of 33Mbps. Since upgrading to windows 10 Home the MAXIMUM download speed is 23 Mbps and upload of 10Mbps. How do I correct this problem remembering that I am a novice with respect to computers.
I am using a i7 duel 2.50 processor with 16 GB ram.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/55545-wifi-speed-reduction-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My first book went 4 months good speed functional loved it. Then DEAD
BB replaced ..then one week after receiving the new unit. Unstable and even though we have 100 mbs speed the book only runs at 7 SEVEN.
Try that on you tube 4K. Hah.
Tried the supposed fix in RegEdit
To nanda. Any clues folks before I depart to Linux,

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441508-wifi-speed-drops-zip-first-week-use.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Way too often my wifi cuts out and I need to use the troubleshooter to restart it, When it returns my speeds are cut by 50- 90%. It is NOT a problem with my wi fi as speeds on my desktop stay stable.  My Upload speed however stays the same. Really tired of a failrly new computer having this problem frequently.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-download-speed-reduces-by-50/td-p/5759090
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, my laptops wifi speed drops from 54Mbps down to 1Mbps which is often causing me to disconnect from web application etc I am currently using a usb wifi dongle and the speed does not drop from 54Mbps which has made me believe the problem lies with the laptops internal wifi settings, after re installing my internal wifi's driver to a more recent version the problem is still the same, I am using a lenovo t61 laptop and my wirless router is a D-LINK DSL-240R, please help with any suggestions on how to fix my internal wifi so that its speed is a constant 54Mbps as my 2 other laptops and notebooks are all at 54Mbps, because of this I believe this is an isolated problem. Many thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

well i am having a issue ive tryed everything speed of this 50%-70% on laptop wifi only loss know to man to fix the issue i pay for internet until here recently im only getting mbs- mbs download speed and my ping is - over what it usually is i can be a couple inches away from the router and only have signal - dBm ive reset my os times and reconfigured router numerous times ive set to all wifi speed loss of 50%-70% only on this laptop channels no help all the same all my other devices get FULL speed i can bring my laptop to my parents charter and it will still not get FULL speeds i had amd quick stream i seen were it was alot of peoples issues but not mine im starting to believe its the adapter i bought one for not even a few hours ago off ebay hoping its the culprit no firewall is on all drivers have been updated reinstalled and updated with no luck if anyone has any info on what i may be doing wrong would be very greatfull

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67161-wifi-speed-loss-50-70-only-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have halo 2 and a dell 531 inspiron.
Its VERY SLOW and i was told there were speed tweaks you could do to a computer to make it faster so halo 2 could run fast. i have the MINIMUM requirements for this. the bare minimum. Basically i have 2 gb ram
and a pitiful Graphic card. 6150 N vidia Geforce. anyone know how to tweak the speed of this computer?

And also: I have a wifi adapter for my wii/ds/psp and i dont know how to set it up so i can use it. I have the instructions and they confused me i dont know if im supposed to bridge or something. if i bridge though it tells me it cannot find anything that it can connect to. I have dsl (LAC) and a Wifi adapter Usb. can anyone help with one or the other?

A:Halo Not Up to speed. Wifi not working either.

I don't think your graphics card is capable of running Halo 2 properly, even though its an old game its technically flawed and demands the same kind of requirements as quite a lot of games in the past year have. You can try putting the image quality down to minimum, but then it wouldn't be very enjoyable. You could also try downloading the latest Nvidia drivers from their website, if yours are not up to date that could be your problem. However I'm not sure any of them options will grant you much success, if you have PCI-E or AGP slots in your motherboard you can buy Nvidia 6800/7800/8800 cards that will run the game exceptionally well

As for the WIFI problem, I also have a connection that does not seem to work and I think this could be because it recieves data rather than sends it, maybe thats why yours does not work correctly??...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/halo-not-up-to-speed-wifi-not-working-either.95591/
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear community I must first admit that I am on Windows The reason I went over to here instead of eightforums is due to the activity there I am really From - issues to WiFi ~300KB/s ~8MB/s speed fed up of this problem so I found myself best to post it here The problem I am trying to resolve is that after the upgrade of my Laptop from Win to Win everything was behaving fine My WiFi speeds were around - MB s as it has been before Just perfect nothing wrong It lasted like a day or Suddenly when I had been at a friend with my laptop I realised that my network speed was terrible I had a quick speedtest KB s I was shocked and decided it had to be my router Resetting however did not help The strange thing was that all other devices even my phone gave around WiFi speed issues - From ~8MB/s to ~300KB/s MB s I concluded it was my laptop that was behaving improper I had tried everything from updating drivers to getting old ones from reconfiguring to disabling a variety of settings and so forth Nothing helped Until today when I realised that at my friend's home I had my own speeds back well his speeds This is very strange as this shows neither the laptop nor the router is the problem I have just resetted my router to factory settings and still a nope I am completely confused What am I to do now

A:WiFi speed issues - From ~8MB/s to ~300KB/s

Welcome to Seven Forums,

You may fiddle the wireless mode setting of your router. If your router is a modern one that supports N, usually by default it's on Mixed Mode, change it to an G/N or N. Depending on your Wi-Fi adapter, if your Wi-Fi adapter supports N then try my suggestion.

Is your router's firmware also up to date?

An update will be much appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287508-wifi-speed-issues-8mb-s-300kb-s.html
Relevancy 46.87%

This forum doesn't seem super active probably Wifi Mbps?! 20 Speed to Limited because of the few Helix owners but I'll post my question anyway hoping someone can confirm nbsp My wifi speed is limited to Mbps nbsp Wifi Speed Limited to 20 Mbps?! Whether connecting to the internet or on my intranet nbsp Top of the line ac router few feet away no interferences copying files to or from a PC which is connected to the network by ethernet nbsp I get no more than MB sec nbsp Same location nbsp with a -yr old laptop - MB sec nbsp Reboots driver update etc no difference nbsp Different router and location is the same nbsp The Helix reports the wifi card as a too nbsp nbsp Not n or a n nbsp nbsp Connecting the USB to ethernet lenovo adpater I get MB sec so close to the mbps limit nbsp of the adpater that's normal nbsp Issue well accessing data and for example browsing pic tures on my NAS or another PC is very painful at MB sec nbsp At - MB sec on my laptop it's instantaneous no pb nbsp I'm ok if it's a small cheaper Atom tablet but not so much for a laptop tablet nbsp My basic -yr old laptop does times better nbsp Or is my Helix faulty nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Wifi Speed Limited to 20 Mbps?!

I second that, the Lenovo team should take a closer look at this problem.I'm oscilating around 4MB/s, which is also slower than expected, sometimes even dropping to 2,5.It could be a driver fault, hopefully fixable.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Wifi-Speed-Limited-to-20-Mbps/td-p/1206872
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys, - I know I download at 16Mbps as per speed tests on my wifi..

the issue I have is why doesn't it use much much more than 4-5Mbps when I watch Youtube videos?? this really upsets me because I try to watch 720p high quality videos and they take awhile to load especially when I want to skip around..

so I'm ready for suggestions..

is it settings in my adapter? I have Qos totally unchecked and turned off in advanced adapter settings..

A:Want correct speed for my wifi using youtube..

Youtube uses a Variable Streaming rate. Since you run it inside your web browser, there is no way of knowing what the data stream actually is.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68966-want-correct-speed-my-wifi-using-youtube.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Some time ago I noticed that the internet on my laptop HP Z Book 17 G3 is very slow . On a daily basis I use the wifi network in my office . I ran the speed test that showed max . 0,4Mbps !! What's interesting when I connect the laptop to the same router via ethernet cable internet begins to operate at normal speed of about 17Mbps From the moment a problem occurs, I installed the latest drivers ( 19.1.0.4 ) for the wifi card (Dual Band Wireless - AC 8260) and the latest Bios Version (N81 Ver. 01.09)   HelpKrisNext 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Z-Book-17-G3-WiFi-speed-problem/td-p/5742761
Relevancy 46.87%

I am a complete noob re WiFi (alway use hard wired) but recently bought a cheap USB dongle described as 150Mbps 11n. On testing I found I was getting about 22Mbps download with the dongle (1 metre from router) compared to 62Mbps wired. Upload speed was about the same as wired.

A bit of Googling told me this was a simplex/duplex problem. I did a test with a friends laptop and got full speed, so its not my router (BT homehub) and I have the latest driver from Windows update. So - is this about par for a four quid WiFi dongle, or do I need to set some value or other to get duplex? I could see this half speed business being a problem for someone already on a low speed line.

A:USB WiFi speed half that of wired

Hi 3D Jed.

Could I have more details on the USB Dongle please?

Also is it a 3.0 USB? Maybe you friend has usb 3 and you only have usb 2?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287391-usb-wifi-speed-half-wired.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi , i want to know how i can limit the speed of my connection to selected devices,i have a prolink N5001 router and a 6mbps connection ,i need to assign specific speeds to different devices using the wifi(like for the phone and laptop)

A:Limiting Bandwith or speed in Wifi?

You would need to use QOS to do that. Which that router does not have the capability of doing so.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53522-limiting-bandwith-speed-wifi.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi this is my first post here found you while googleing my issues and hopefully you can help We moved into a new build house at the end of April and finally got FTTC connected months later the great news is the cabinet is m away Wifi Inconsistent No Speed Rt-ac66u Better. Is but the bad news is the speed is really up and down when the line was installed the BT engineer did his test and was getting down and up when i tested via Inconsistent Wifi Speed Rt-ac66u Is No Better. ethernet i was getting down and up Not a problem But over wifi it was a different story the highest i was seeing was Inconsistent Wifi Speed Rt-ac66u Is No Better. down up was always between - so i wasnt over fussed about that but wanted to know why i could only get half the speed over wifi subsequent research has enlightened me to the limitations of wifi etc so after several discussions with my ISP utility warehouse i came to accept that Mbps was the fastest i was going to see with the supplied Thomson TG n Pro The big issue came later that day when the speed started fluctuating from the low 's down to Mbps New firmware and then a replacement router later and it was back to a steady ish 's During all this i had started looking into a replacement upgrade router and had bitten the bullet and bought a Asus RT-AC u I did look at the N u but amazon had the ac u on offer at more and my wifes sony Z phone supports AC so thought i might as well Set it all up using the built in quick setup and instantly i was getting Mbps Fantastic but it didnt last and it too started fluctuating I have updated the firmware times and now currently running Merlin I have played around with various settings and at the moment it is holding between - Mbps but still very hit and miss Running Inssider and signal strength is very good - db but the speed with drop even though the signal doesnt we have no overlapping wifi as the houses next door are empty and not picking up any other neighbours wifi no cordless phones and the microwave is rooms away the other side of the house Any input would be greatly appreciated Here are the reports from all the scans requested Cheers James MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by James administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users James Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled ProxyServer quot Reset IE Proxy Settings quot IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings quot Reset FF Proxy Settings quot Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Local Area Connection Connected Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Wireless Network Connection Media disconnected Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Network Connection Media disconnected Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Network Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address A-E - - - E-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -BD-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address -E - - - E-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ... Read more

A:Inconsistent Wifi Speed Rt-ac66u Is No Better.

Welcome to the forum. A very bad infection of lots of malware it will take time to go through your logs please be patient. Your DNS is timing out set your DNS to 208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222 disable ipv6. You hard drive is also corrupt find cmd.exe right click choose run as admin then type chkdsk c: /r it will say disk locked test on start say yes. Then repeat for all other drives by changing c: to the drive letters ie d:

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/118304-inconsistent-wifi-speed-rt-ac66u-no-better.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Guys at the forum here are the specs of my home wifi connection Main desktop PC Core Duo GHz GB RAM running Win XP SP Old Dell Latitude C Win XP SP MHz MB RAM The Dell is using a PCMCIA WiFi card given by a friend in the office It is a Linksys Wireless G notebook adapter supporting b g the Main PC has a Gigabyte GN-A G Access Point connected via a network cable The Problem below 800Kbps! WiFi Internet Sharing & speed both connect smoothly and there is nobody who uses a pc in our area so wifi has no security there is no rd party involved but i copy files over network and all i get is speed less than Mb the range WiFi speed below 800Kbps! & Internet Sharing of the two PCs are merely feet and the connection is quot G quot I have everything in default but nothing works to speed up Also i tried with my dad s HP Compaq nx and the speed rose up to Mbps That is the maximum achieved Problem The Dell Pc has a dial up connection and i used the sharing feature to share it through the network and it goes good But the desktop PC doesn t access the internet It just stays connected Also have to mention I m using ZoneAlarm Free Firewall I also have given the device to trusted But still I can t seem to access the internet from the main PC little stuck up in there My main problem is on Question it is ok if is not answered Thanks to all who reply Regards Timothy nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I live in an assisted living establishment with wifi furnished free but it isn't the best.I'm showing 5 bars on my computer, but I'm only getting around 1 Mbps and I see a lot of the spinning donut. Are there things that I am able to do or am I at the mercy of the owner. He probably would not be willing to spend a little more cash just to satisfy a few of us old geezers.

A:I've got 5 bars wifi, but only about 1 Mbps download speed.

You have 2 effects - for one the owner probably went with a cheap connection (ask him what it is) and then there are several people connecting to the router which produces contention.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392978-ive-got-5-bars-wifi-but-only-about-1-mbps-download-speed.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I really hope someone can help with this strange and annoying problem nbsp We have a fibre optic service which slows after Laptops - speed time wifi we always use via wifi almost nbsp new months amp months old HP Pavilion nbsp Laptops running Windows The router is Laptops - wifi speed slows after time in the same room as the laptops and is in clear sight of them All drivers are up to date and all Windows and HP updates have been installed nbsp Much of the time we receive our contracted speed of Mbps - which is fine But sometimes during the day our Download speed drops to about half although the Upload speed remains pretty constant at Mbps nbsp This does not happen on both the laptops at the same time so it doesn't seem as if it is related to wifi interference or overuse or to our ISP limiting the supply in any way nbsp It sometimes seems that on re-checking after hour the Mbps speed remains but after a longer period of time it drops to the lower speed nbsp It generally happens at least once per day nbsp The drop in speed can ALWAYS so far at least be corrected by Re-Starting whichever laptop has slowed nbsp It then opens with the full Mbps speed nbsp It has to be an actual Re-Start just shutting down and later opening up again does not correct the problem nbsp If the wifi broadband is running slow on shutdown at the end of a day then it will open up running slow the following morning But if it is running to proper speed on shut down then it opens up running at the correct speed nbsp I have tried both the MS troubleshooter and the HP Solution Centre but neither are finding anything wrong nbsp This is driving me to distraction please can anyone help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptops-wifi-speed-slows-after-time/td-p/5726389
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys This issue is most puzzling to me Since yesterday the internet began to act unsoundly through WiFi As in I never had this problem before There were periods where it was fast enough to play some online games watch Youtube no problem and then it would shut off randomly So since yesterday I have been restarting the modem with only very short term resolutions to the issue I accessed the modem through my web browser and it says the connection is always working fine Despite that I called my ISP and they claimed there was an issue and forwarded it to Deutsche Telekom Since then I did some experimenting and plugged my computer into the modem with the ethernet cable Boom No problem whatsoever It's been top speed and reliable So I'm assuming this is an issue with Windows hopefully you guys can help me out If it helps I downloaded and installed updates for Windows today There are optional ones that I did not download yet but I did is Wifi unstable, top is ethernet speed? cable yet download and install the important ones Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed? no problem I checked the network adapters and they all state quot The best driver for your software is already installed quot Thanks in advance

A:Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed?

You may want to go to the website of the laptop's manufacturer and download the latest driver, and install it. Using the OEM driver, sometimes eliminates the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39958-wifi-unstable-yet-ethernet-cable-top-speed.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello hope someone can help me, my brother is currently serving abroad with the military and is fortunate enough to be on a base that has wifi access. Trouble is there is that many people using it he is only able to load msn home page during his off time.

He always has full signal strenghth and has and acer aspire (not sure of the model at the minute) with a built in wifi card. His only problem is it is so slow and will time out rather than open anything other than the home page.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

A:Help with boosting internet speed via a wifi hotspot

I doubt he can increase it If there is limited bandwidth and soo many people are using it, then it will likely go slow
Suggest to him he should go on when theres not many people browsing etc., Night?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-boosting-internet-speed-via-a-wifi-hotspot.656557/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have wi fi in my home that is running fine My phone etc is getting about mbps for downloading and for uploading which is normal for me My desktop however had a virus issue and I had to take it to be way wifi suddenly is slower than Speed Ethernet repaired It is repaired and I brought it home and hooked it up EXACTLY as it was before I took it to be repaired It is hardwired directly to modem but it is only getting about mbps downloading and uploading I called my internet provider and they tried to help but said everything looks good on their end and that it was a computer issue The shop that repaired it is closed today and I am in Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi the middle of a deadline and I NEED this fixed it is Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi an ACER computer so I called their Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi helpline but because it is out of warranty they wanted me to pay for them to tell me how to fix it He suggested it was a setting on the computer that needed changed but I have been looking for HOURS and can not find the solution PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I went and disabled some services from running, nothing important, just the ones listed here (very bottom): http://www.computing-tips.com/2008/06/02/how-to-make-windows-xp-run-faster/
I also followed their advice on the BIOS (last paragraph just above Disable GUI Options )

Now my laptop won't show the wireless icon, and won't connect to wifi. Can someone tell me which service may have done this?

Thanks,
Aza

A:Tried to speed up laptop, now wifi doesn't work

Hi:Hopefully you did not run regcleaner.right ?
Let's start by doing two things:
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
&#8226; COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
&#8226; Computer Browser
&#8226; DHCP Client
&#8226; DNS Client
&#8226; Network Connections
&#8226; Network Location Awareness
&#8226; Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
&#8226; Server
&#8226; TCP/IP Netbios helper
&#8226; Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
&#8226; WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
&#8226; Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Can you make a wired connection through the router ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tried-to-speed-up-laptop-now-wifi-doesnt-work.928702/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all. Here is my set up. I have 1.5M internet service coming into my CradlePoint CTR35 wireless router. The two devices I have are my desktop, and an iPad. When doing a speed test at speedtest.net, I find that my desktop running windows 7 gets about 1.45, and my iPad is only pulling 1.36M. I realize that isn't a big deal, but why would there be a varience between the devices? Shouldn't they be able to test out the same?

A:WIFI internet speed varience between devices

The Operating System parameter settings that determine data transfer rates are slightly different on the two machines. Differences between computers on the same LAN are normal.

With many older OS's and probably the one on your iPad these values are permanently set in the registry. They are just general values that will usually give a good data rate. Sometimes these values can be changed to improve the flow.

Starting with Vista and Windows 7, the OS actually monitored the data flow and could change some of the values to improve it.

I have two XP desktops, a Vista desktop and a Vista laptop. All will show slightly different results on speed tests to the same server.

The two XP's have the same values for all their changable settings, but one always tests about 0.04 M higher than the other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-internet-speed-varience-between-devices.1047697/
Relevancy 46.44%

I bought a third-party USB-C to ethernet adapter to test my internet speed and found that it is not much faster than if I use the wifi. I always thought that LAN speed is faster than Wifi? Or is there something wrong with my cheap (US$20) USB-C to ethernet adapter? Hope to gain some insights at this forum for this first-time Lenovo user.Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-Ethernet-speed-same-as-wifi/td-p/3399319
Relevancy 46.44%

I have 135Mbps link speed support ADSL WI-FI router. I have enabled 802.11b+g+n wireless mode and use 20+40 MHz on my router. I use "WAP-PSK" authentication. In addition to that, have a 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency support router and client device.

But my network connection display (WLAN) I have a 54Mbps link speed, why is that? How do I use 135Mbps or at least 100Mbps link speed? Is it a some configuration issue? My Ethernet connection show full speed (100Mbps).

(I'm not talking about my internet connection speed).

A:Help me to use full speed my WiFi connection ( WLAN)

Brand and model of the router and the wifi card or usb thats in your PC might help, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270919-help-me-use-full-speed-my-wifi-connection-wlan.html
Relevancy 46.44%

today when i tryed to watch a youtube video i noticed i couldent play the video on my asus laptop even on 144p (useualy i can play 720p vids easily) i then i tryed with my iphone and then my macbook and it still wil not load i tryed a speed test and got about 0.05 mbps o have done everything in my power to fix it but have run out of ideas.

A:0.05 mbps wifi speed test on all of my devices

Sounds like a router/modem/ISP issue as it is affecting more than one device and not just your Win 8 laptop, might be worth checking the forums for those....

One option is to re-boot the router/modem then the devices....

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29472-0-05-mbps-wifi-speed-test-all-my-devices.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a few problems that i would kindly need some help to fixFirstly i have been and idiot and tried cracking stuff yes i am sorry and i shall now buy worthy products As a result i believe For Slow Speed Slow Very 256k, Very Laggy When Up, Internet Very Tasking Multi Start i have had my internet speed hijacked is this possible and i need urgent help on removing these viruses I also recieve an annoying icon at the bottom of right hand Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking corner which reads Virus Alert and then is followed by a small pop up box which reads Your computer is infected Possible harmful infection was detected on your PCThe system will now download and install the most efficentspyware removal program to prevent private data loss andyour identity theft Click here to protect your PC from the biggest spyware threats Here is my HijackThis log Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS VM STI EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files SpyFalcon SpyFalcon exeC Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files SpyFalcon SpyFalcon exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exeC Program Files LightSurf Common IconMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exeC Program Files LightSurf Colorific hgcctl exeC Program Files LightSurf Color Indicator TICIcon exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC WINDOWS system ahfp exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Eset nod exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Documents and Settings TEMP Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page www google comO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run BigDogPath C WINDOWS VM ... Read more

A:Internet Speed Very Slow For 256k, Very Slow Start Up, Very Laggy When Multi Tasking

Did you follow the instructions here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43659/how-to-remove-spyfalcon-removal-instructions/If not please do so and then post a new hjt log as a reply to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46952/internet-speed-very-slow-for-256k-very-slow-start-up-very-laggy-when-multi-tasking/
Relevancy 46.01%

Few days ago Suddenly My Windows XP started operating very slow I uninstalled some program such as AVG PC TUNEUP to reduce the load on the system I also checked my Task Manager for pointing out memory eating processes but found none My CPU Usage was dribbling around to But PFUsage was near MB Then I started searching for virus Scanned with AVG Avast Zemana Hitman PRO Antimalwarebytes several times When they didn't solve the problem I gave a repair installation of my system to see what happens It fixed the problem But started again after some moment I gave the repair installation once again and its running smoothly now I did some search over net and found out this problem speed Very XP file with slow Windows slow internal copy can be connected to my harddrive I scanned my Harddrive with HDDScan Crystal Disk Info They both showed error for Very slow Windows XP with slow internal file copy speed Current pending errors count Num - vlaue - worst - RAW hex - E - Thershold Uncountable errors count Num - vlaue - worst - RAW hex - F Very slow Windows XP with slow internal file copy speed - Thershold UltraDMA CRC errors Num - vlaue - worst - RAW hex - - Thershold System Specification OS Windows xp Professional Processor Intel Pentium reg Dual Core RAM GB Motherboard Foxconn G MX-F Harddisk GB Western Digital WDC WD AAJS- YZCA SATA I want advise on what should I do now

A:Very slow Windows XP with slow internal file copy speed

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy,  taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.
   Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
    After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
     Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:
     Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625519/very-slow-windows-xp-with-slow-internal-file-copy-speed/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi came home the other night to find babysitter had been watching Orange Is The New Black via a free tv website and not used BBC iplayer or OD catch-up as suggested Since then computer very slow to start-up hangs occasionally when at desktop and fan once startup, speed very high slow processing slow and to started, fan speed very fast for no very slow to startup, once started, high fan speed and slow processing obvious reason I'm running Windows Home basic on a Dell with Gb RAM and have had Comodo Internet Security Premium free running smoothly for about a year I've checked the Task Manager and nothing unexpected is running I've performed a full scan with Comodo AV and Malwarebytes but nothing has been found Please find my DDS log below Any help much appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV COMODO Antivirus Disabled Updated B CC D -B -E DC- -DD BCDC C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP COMODO Antivirus Disabled Updated C D - D-EE - A -E A FW COMODO Firewall Enabled F F -FE -E - B C- A E FB Running Processes C Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exeC Windows system svchost exe very slow to startup, once started, high fan speed and slow processing -k NetworkServiceC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf STacSV exeC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exeC Windows system atieclxx exeC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf AESTSr exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer InstallFilterService exeC Program Files IIS Microsoft Web Deploy MsDepSvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer FF Protection exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security CisTray exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXEc Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cis exeC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cavwp exeC Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVCC Windows explorer exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows System svchost exe -k swprvC Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cis exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blankBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllBHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper FDDE B- ... Read more

A:very slow to startup, once started, high fan speed and slow processing

Greetings whattodo2 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same timeType msinfo32 and press EnterLeft click on System SummaryClick File, Save, and name the file SummaryZip and attach the file to your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition logSyst... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544886/very-slow-to-startup-once-started-high-fan-speed-and-slow-processing/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys Let me explain the situation first I have a Desktop PC and a netbook They are in the same room and so is my router My router is a Wire from AT amp T All these devices support wireless G My file transfer speeds from my desktop to laptop is going at a dismal rate of around KB s I am connected to my router at Mbps with my WiFi network issues. me my please? configure WiFi Help correctly Speed cards on both the systems I am trying to figure out where this bottleneck is and try and speed this up -I am in an apartment building There is least interference on channel so I have set my router to use channel -The router is set to work at either B or G but I know I'm definitely connected by G on both the computers since I'm connected at Mbps -I have full WiFi Help me configure my WiFi network correctly please? Speed issues. signal on both computers and there is hardly any interference in my apartment that I am aware of My internet bandwith is perfectly fine -Transfer rates between these two computers through a LAN connection is blazing fast Its connected at Gbps and transfer rates are around MB s -If I connect the desktop and netbook in the Ad Hoc mode I get a pretty steady MB s -In the registry I have set the NetworkThrottlingIndex to FFFFFFFF hex so throttling is essentially turned off but that makes no difference Does anyone have any ideas that could help me Thanks

A:Help me configure my WiFi network correctly please? Speed issues.

I have another question:

My netbook has Draft N wireless. I have heard that the maximum speed on that is 150Mbps. Is that for both send and receive? Also what would it be real world?

If I had a WiFi wireless N 150Mbps send/300Mbps receive card on my PC, and this draft N card on my netbook, will I have enough transfer rates to stream my BluRay discs from my PC to my Netbook? I have heard that BlurRays have a maximum bit rate of 40Mbps which means I should be totally good to go right?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186870-help-me-configure-my-wifi-network-correctly-please-speed-issues.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using belkin N300 router, My bro wastes time too much time/net on youtube,
So i wanted to limit the internet speed through wifi modem setting, but i couldn't find any setting for that.
can any 1 who knows or owns this modem can tell me how to?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-belkin-n300-wifi-internet-speed-limit.1132284/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi All Need some help here - my brother got this Desktop built and I believe it is an Asus motherboard build judging by the branded name and devices I can see It used to use the Asus Wifi-ap Solo driver and I noticed that the device is actually a Realtek one and also noticed that the speed drops from the standard mbps down to sometimes mbps or even mbps and then it ramps up to then and so on The router is about - m away in the next room I don t believe it is anything blocking the signal as I can connect with my laptop in the same room with the mbps signal strength I read 54mbp - 5.5Mbp Realtek8187L tp Drops Wifi Speed somewhere here that to try to uninstall the Asus driver lots of complaints on the net forums and re-install the Realtek driver but it still has not worked Any other suggestions I turned off window auto-updates about weeks ago as I had another problem which was resolved Could it be something on windows causing this disruption Cheers all nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there i share my internet with my neighbors but they are taking advantage of this because i don't charge them.

They download big files and they take all my speed how can i limit the speed ?

A:Easy way to limit my wifi speed (clients getting greedy)

It depends on your wireless router, many will allow you to create a 'guest account' that you can then limit in whatever way you want. Just google 'throttle guest wifi'

There's a ton of information on the subject.
If your router doesn't support it, I don't know of any other way though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263956-easy-way-limit-my-wifi-speed-clients-getting-greedy.html