Windows Support Forum

Rattling noise in new HP Envy Phoenix

Q: Rattling noise in new HP Envy Phoenix

Hello nbsp nbsp My custom built HP Envy Phoenix Desktop was shipped to me about three weeks ago nbsp All has been running smoothly however days ago a rattle started in the tower and continues most of the time the computer is on nbsp It kind of sounds like a CPU unit running loudly nbsp I'm not sure if it's the water cooled fan or something loose nbsp It is not being caused by the air fan towards the top of the computer the noise comes from the bottom portion of the new noise Phoenix Envy Rattling HP in tower I have not opened the tower to look for anything loose as I do not want to void the warranty nbsp nbsp nbsp I figure if I call HP they are going to tell me to nbsp box up the tower send it to them and I won't see it for Rattling noise in new HP Envy Phoenix a few weeks which is really irritating after transferring everything over to the new computer and using it daily now nbsp Does anyone think this could be a simple screw loose that I should open the tower nbsp I took a breif video of the noise but nbsp do not know how to embed it in this message or attach a link nbsp Thanks in advance for anyone's opinion out there nbsp nbsp nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Rattling noise in new HP Envy Phoenix

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Rattling noise in new HP Envy Phoenix

Hi mate! If I was u I“ll send it back soo the can fix it dont open... its my opinon... Best regards Ozzy

Best regardsOzzy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Rattling-noise-in-new-HP-Envy-Phoenix/td-p/5519269
Relevancy 27.95%

AMD has released an updated statement regarding the noise issues experienced by the initial buyers of its Radeon R9 Fury X graphics cards.

Read more

A:AMD issues updated statement regarding Radeon R9 Fury X noise problems

Are they saying "screams like a banshee until we smothered it in glue"? Does anyone have a more engineered approach to the issue - like decibels at a specific distance?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-issues-updated-statement-regarding-radeon-r9-fury-x-noise-problems.216306/
Relevancy 28.81%

About two days ago I started getting popping and crackling noises from my laptop speakers while playing any kind of in-browser video. It's not a hardware thing, because anything run outside the browser (CDs, iTunes, VLC, DVDs, etc.) sounds just fine. Tested in both Firefox and Safari, both have the popping/crackling problem, so it's not something with one browser.

I have tech support for this computer (Dell business model, Latitude E6500 w/XP), they tried updating sound card drivers, updating BIOS and uninstalling and reinstalling sound card. The last thing actually fixed it, until I started up my PC tonight, now the problem is back again. Anyone have suggestions for me? I really, really don't want to do a restore, because I've just spent the last four hours installing a game that I would then lose. If that's the only option, though...

Don't seem to have any issues with connectivity, or lag that I can detect.

A:Speaker noise only in browser

Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player, in-browser video's use Adobe Flash player and since it is browser only related this may indicate there's an issue with Flash/the codecs for flash.. Just do a reinstall, post back with if it worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speaker-noise-only-in-browser.181860/
Relevancy 28.81%

For reference I have a Lenovo Y P IdeaPad laptop I can list additional specs if needed although I m not sure if it s necessary or not Anyways so I ve always been using a wireless USB mouse with my laptop and I ve had no problems with it up until a few days ago I was using a simple Logitech wireless USB mouse the kind that was no more than USD Well about a week ago I found out the battery was dying and I had to replace them but I waited a few days until I noticed a weird quot lag quot in my movements of the mouse Sometimes the mouse would occasionally lag behind my movements - say if I move my mouse in Moving lag mouse noise static causes and rapid movements it Moving mouse causes lag and static noise would show onscreen of much slower movements So I replaced the battery and reset the mouse To no success I still had the same issue except I realized I was unable to Moving mouse causes lag and static noise move the mouse while streaming YouTube videos or playing games or it would cause severe lag on both the slower mouse movements and either the YouTube video would stutter lag or the game would lag also causing this static-y sound to appear whenever it was lagging behind So earlier today I picked up a new wireless mouse this time a Microsoft one for about USD Let me just say that I have never had issues where I had to replace a mouse except maybe once every months to a year for other minor reasons So I installed a new battery installed the new mouse into the laptop and I am still getting the same issues Sorry if this is long but I am not extremely tech savvy in this wireless mouse department lol I have looked all over the Internet and couldn t find anything that fixed the solution for me I have Windows by the way Also if it matters I recently installed Norton Security after my subscription was close to ending and I also installed an older version of Direct X as well as install CCleaner I don t think these problems affected this but still I also scanned my laptop for viruses and I am told by Norton that I do not have any viruses or anything Finally I tried to go into Device Manager and uninstall the USB wireless mouse drivers and reinstalled them to no luck The only temporary solution I have as of now is to take out the USB for five seconds and put it back in but that solution only works for about minutes until it goes back to normal Also if anyone knows any solutions try to make a step by step process or something because I have trouble finding certain things on my computer as it is lol Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Moving mouse causes lag and static noise

My fairly new Acer R14 has the exact same problem and can't find a solution anywhere. I'm using both a USB mouse and keyboard (not wireless), and I also happened to fix it momentarily by unplugging them.

Some guy fixed a similar problem by taking off the microphone boost.
Got to Control Panel > Sound > Recording > Properties > Levels > Microphone Boost.
Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

I'm a noob with computers so I don't know if this matters but I downloaded a game that runs on DirectX 9, to which I understand the computer already comes with DirectX, but I don't know if it downloaded something extra for an older version. Also can't uninstall it.

Sorry for not being so helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-mouse-causes-lag-and-static-noise.210051/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am getting a clicking noise, but it is purely audio based, I have razer kraken pro 7.1's, and a stereo with a headphone jack conector and the harman Kardon speakers that came on my laptop. No matter which audio out put I choose, it still makes this almost metronome clicking.
I checked a lot of different settings, but cant find anything wrong?
Does anyone have any ideas what it is?
Please let me know if you have had or are having a similar problem.

Thanks

A:My Toshiba is making a clicking noise through audio out put

Could be a failing hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-toshiba-is-making-a-clicking-noise-through-audio-out-put.205782/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am looking into getting a phone in-line noise filter for my 56K modem line (NOT DSL). But I'm not sure how well these things work.

I contacted the phone company and they recommended to get one to try, if it works. The "noise" is not coming from the house line, it is from the line in the street that can't be fixed (Says the AT&T/Verizon).

So a phone line noise filter is my option right now. How well do these things work?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-line-noise-filter.202826/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey everyone So I have a Logitech G gaming headset which is amazing and I d never want something else This is my second one since the earcup of my previous one fell off Whenever I play games Currently Eve Online League of Legends and Minecraft games noise during through USB Static headset any sound that is not the game causes extreme static in my headset For example during a game of League of Legends I like to play some music and or be on skype with people However as soon as I introduce any other sound than the game so the music or skype I sometimes hear extreme static noises I ve sometimes thought it coincided with me pressing lots of buttons on the keyboard but I wasn t able to reproduce it that way I ve also tried to see if Static noise through USB headset during games it was the USB port but other ports do the same thing It reminds me of static noise but I don t know how to check for this or how to stop it Please help as this is extremely annoying and ruins my experience with this headset or deprives me of my music during games I have the latest Logitech Gaming Software installed as well as the latest Realtek HD drivers If any other info is needed I d be happy to provide nbsp

A:Static noise through USB headset during games

Do you have your Headphone cable close to other high powered devices or cables such as higher voltage or even lower voltage cabling. A lot of times you will have issues with signal bleed when it is too close to either. I see it all the time when I set audio equipment up for others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-noise-through-usb-headset-during-games.200590/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey Guys...

So my Packard Bell Easy Note MX37-S-200 has suddenly started making persistent " Crackling " and " Popping" noises from the moment I boot it. The noise is coming from the speakers and the sound is now distorted. I have very recently got it back from the repair shop after having my AC jack replaced... I would really like to rule everything out before I start pointing fingers at the repair guy

Things I have tried - Disabling sound driver - Noise was still there and laptop just installed it again.

Running avast scan through it - Scan picked up nothing.

Played with the sound setting - Nothing changed noise still there.

Plugged in PC speakers - Noise still coming from laptop but sound came out of the speakers fine.

I have noticed also that when the laptop first starts up the noise is louder and more spaced out. I'm wondering maybe whether it is the fan? But I don't no why the noise would be coming from the speakers.

Would really appreciate any help
Thank you

A:Crackling noise coming from laptop speakers + sound distorted

My guess is that based on the information provided that the wires for the speakers have either been damaged or crossed in some way where they are touching something they shouldn't causing distortion. My advice would be to take it back and tell them whats going on and make sure to have them fix it for free if they opened it and caused this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crackling-noise-coming-from-laptop-speakers-sound-distorted.200500/
Relevancy 27.09%

Howdy all The amazing folks at Tech Spot saved my bacon many moons back helping me fix a virus laden laptop for Brand New to can't HP connect 17 Internet Envy Quad Touchsmart my sick kid And so I turn to Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet you with my latest computer nightmare and beg of your assistance once again I just bought a new HP ENVY TouchSmart t-j Quad Edition Notebook PC ENERGY STAR for my daughter for Christmas It arrived yesterday and I opened it up to start preloading her software onto it so she can have it ready to go Christmas morning Unfortunately the thing just won t let me get connected to the internet via wifi It is using an Intel Wireless-N adapter running Windows factory installed I have tried everything I could think of - using Intel drivers instead of Microsoft ones resetting WINSOCK flushing the DNS using a static IP instead of dynamic the works Nothing appears to be working The device can clearly see my network - it shows up on the list of connections and validates my security information running standard WEP security - not the best I know but it s easier for the multitude of tech I have on my network all of which connects fine but it only gives me limited access and does not want to connect to the network or the internet My base system is running Windows My router is a Netgear Rangemax Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNR v I have not tried a hardwire connection yet as I really need this to be a wireless device Help me TechSpot Gurus you re my only hope nbsp

A:Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet

Hey Mark. I would connect to the Net by cable and allow it to get any OS updates and/or driver updates before I change any settings.While online,try to connect wirelessly to see if it finds any updates quicker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-hp-envy-touchsmart-17-quad-cant-connect-to-internet.198670/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello everyone I m using AMD FX- W with Gigabyte GA- A-DS I ve been using this CPU on the MB even on the F bios version even though the CPU is not officially supported only the W version and only from F a bios So here is noise high CPU VRM pitched or makes the problem I ran OCCT test and after about minutes or so there is a constant high pitched noise coming from somewhere around CPU area which lasts for around seconds then stops When that happens I can hear the CPU fan slowing down and temperatures decreasing which CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise would normally point to throttling the temps are very low so it s not that After seconds it just comes back to normal the test is still running and after a few minutes it happens again etc However the CPU usage frequency and voltage all stay unchanged I CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise ve checked in OCCT CPU-Z and AIDA at the same time and that is a bit confusing since I don t even know what s happening Could be some safety instructions from the mobo because of CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise the high TDP processor At some point I tried overclocking and I got to GHz with the stock voltage but I can t go any further even with the voltage bumped to V but that s not my primary concern even though it could be that I got a bad cpu example I just mentioned this because the problem could be related as there could be compatibility issues but the CPU is working fine while it shouldn t work at all considering the mobo manufacturers compatibility list I searched all over the internet and I haven t found anyone with the same problem as I m having I found that some people are complaining about coil whine and after searching more on that I can tell that this is not coil whine but more of a high pitched quot beep quot noise not that loud at all that is constantly heard for about seconds So if anyone has an idea what s going on I would be very thankful for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-or-vrm-makes-high-pitched-noise.198621/
Relevancy 28.81%

My computer (Dell XPS8300) has been making a revving noise, which is off and on about every 10 minutes or so.
I have cleaned all the fans, airdusted etc. no change.
I think it's the PSU fan but am not sure now.

Recorded noise: http://picosong.com/knwP/
If anyone recognizes the noise, please let me know.

If it is the PSU fan, does it need replacing asap?

A:Revving noise on Dell XPS 8300

What PSU are you using? The model number is normally on the PSU itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/revving-noise-on-dell-xps-8300.198266/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 28.81%

My speakers work fine when plugged into my gf computer, but when plugged into mine, I get nothing but buzzing. No music or anything else. I have not made any changes to my computer. I tried rebooting the computer didn't help. Not sure what to do.

A:No sound other than buzzing noise from my PC speakers

Try other speakers or headphones. The audio jack might be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-other-than-buzzing-noise-from-my-pc-speakers.196734/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello all,

Here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVm4jGNhxSQ
MB: New coming Asus Maximus VI Impact
CPU: Intel i5 4670K
GPU: MSI TF GTX 760 OC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8G 1600
CPU cooler: Corsair H80i
PSU: Seasonic X serie 650
SSD: Samsung Pro 840 128G
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1T
Case: Bitfenix Prodigy white

So the installation was not easy, but I finally managed to install all carefully. I made a super clean windows 7 ultimate 64 bit installation and installed all driver correctly.

The only problem is this: I get this annoying hard drive clicking noise from the H80i. I don't know if it is the pump or the fans or the radiator. But I am pretty sure that I comes from the cpu cooler.

So what do you think about this issue and which component could be the source of the problem? Thank you very much in advance. Regards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h80i-startup-clicking-noise.196394/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I bought this computer it had windows 7 on it. it ran everything lag/shutter free. I have since upgraded to windows 8 then to 8.1. The problem is the audio and video noticeably lags/shutters. As if the entire computer is pausing. I have talked to HP tech support and they only reinstalled the drivers. All drivers are current. I am fairly sure it has something to do with the HD4k graphics but I do not know for sure. I was hoping the 8.1 would resolve the problem but it has not. I have this problem whenever I watch videos (on the internet or from file) and when I play World of tanks. Any help would be great

A:HP envy 1038-nr

I seen similar comments re "since upgrading to Win/8" and (imo) think the drivers are not 'fully compatible' with the new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-1038-nr.194074/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello to all
I am not technicaly of a high standard, so any advice given would be appreciated if it was quite simple please.
I have an old IBM thinkcentre and it has made a regular loud clicking/banging sound for a few months now, any help would be appreciatted. thank you in advance.

Alan

A:Clicking/banging noise - IBM thinkcentre

Fan or hard drive noise simple...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicking-banging-noise-ibm-thinkcentre.193128/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey I am sorry if I posted in the wrong section I didn t know where to post I just bought a new computer in April and I ve been gaming on Brand To Make Noise PC New Starting it about hours a week since Just recently I noticed a subtle high pitched hum ONLY WHEN I M IN GAME I can go to the main menu and it will stop I Brand New PC Starting To Make Noise have well enough the minimum requirements to play the games I do so it s not like I m trying Brand New PC Starting To Make Noise to overload my PC Could this be a hard drive issue Intel QC i - gb DDR SDRAM Unfortunately I just found out I have a Seagate Barracuda TB SATA Gbs MB Cache RPM Inch Desktop Hard Drive which may be the problem nVidia GeForce GTX Gb Don t know PSU yet sorry Does this sound familiar to anyone I have a year warranty so whatever the problem is I should be able to get fixed I wanted to see if anyone might have an idea of what it could be It s hard to tell where the noise is coming from I m guessing it s either the PSU or H D nbsp

A:Brand New PC Starting To Make Noise

It could just simlpy be your fans speeding up? When I game, as the computer gets hotter the fans in my PC speed up. When in the menu, it cools down so the fans slow down Its just a guess though...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-pc-starting-to-make-noise.192882/
Relevancy 28.38%

I basically spent the entire day yesterday assembling a new pc and after a few minor problems I got it humming won't makes turn PC weird noise on and up and running After installing windows all the drivers and just finishing the last few updates Turned the machine off switched the power off via the switch in the back of the psu and hooked up the storage HDs when I returned power to the machine all the fans immediately started and there was a strange humming noise like the fan PC won't turn on and makes weird humming noise is speeding up and slowing down but with a lower tone The machine is now completely unresponsive and after I turned off the power and unplugged it removed the HDs SSD and cd drive which were working normally and everything from the back mouse keyboard monitor so I move he machine out and get a better look inside When I turned the power on the fans turned on but a lot slower and the humming was almost gone I really need help figuring out what happened http pcpartpicker com user tole saved FB this is my build nbsp

A:PC won't turn on and makes weird humming noise

Just tried to turn it on again after leaving it overnight and it turned on, with the case power button, but after that it didn't respond when I tried to turn it off so I turned it off with the psu power switch and now its back to the same nonresponsive state with the fans (all of them) twitching as soon as I turn the psu power switch.

The humming from last night is replaced by a low pitched squeaking noise each time the fans twitch.

(sorry for double posting the edit button disappeared on me)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-turn-on-and-makes-weird-humming-noise.192837/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a relatively new computer that I have built. in the last few weeks this strange noise pops up every now and then. I cant identify where it is coming from, its seems to randomly come and go and I'm fairly sure its not the fans. its almost like a creaking and it can change its intensity and rate of creaking randomly. I've got an audio clip attached, if anyone knows what it is I would really appreciate the help, its getting quite annoying.
http://picosong.com/nhi6

A:Unidentified noise

What makes you fairly sure it isn't the fans? It seems like the most likely explanation, and I would be testing each fan individually to see if it is the problem. Other causes might be your cpu or gpu fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-noise.190813/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi I am a novice here so do excuse any technical inaccuracies in reporting this problem First let me specify my system configuration and then the problem My system configuration is as below AMD Athlon II X Processor GHz on MSI GMA-E motherboard with GB X GB Kingston DDR RAM My OS is Windows Ultimate Ed bit Now I have three HDDs installed inside the CPU the CMOS whirring system noise slowdown & HDD setup details of which are as below IDE Primary Master Seagate ST A GB capacity IDE Primary Slave Samsung SV H GB capacity SATA Hewlett Packard DVD Writer d ATAPI SATA Western Digital WDC WDS AADS - S B GB capacity The WDC Western Digital SATA drive is my main HDD the most recent one bought and installed on September The OS Windows is installed on the C partition of this drive and my system boots from this drive I ve created three partitions on this drive as follows C - GB approx HDD whirring noise & system slowdown D - GB approx E - GB approx The IDE drives are old HDDs that I was using around in an old system and are filled with important data movies mp s ebooks official HDD whirring noise & system slowdown docs etc They contain no OS system files The Samsung IDE HDD whirring noise & system slowdown drive has partitions while the Seagate IDE drive has no partitions So effectively my HDD structure on Windows Explorer in my computer looks as below C WDC SATA partition D WDC SATA partition E WDC SATA partition F DVD Writer G Seagate IDE partition H Seagate IDE partition I Seagate IDE partition J Samsung IDE Now here s the problem As long as I keep working on the data whether it is watching movies listening to music or accessing anything stored on the new WDC SATA drive C D and E partitions the system works great But the moment I try to access any data from the older IDE drives the system slows down drastically followed by a whirring noise obviously from the old drives After about - minutes the system is back to normal so long as I am working on the C D or E partitions of the SATA WDC drive Is there any way I can prevent this slowdown without having to remove the older IDE drives from inside the CPU I cannot afford to delete any of the data from the older IDE drives And if removing them is the only option is it possible to access the data in the older IDE drives externally by simply connecting them through the USB port How can I go about doing that Thanks in advance for any advice in this regard nbsp

A:HDD whirring noise & system slowdown

I don't really have good suggestions for you, but:
- The HDDs are probably old and dying. IDE ribbon cables are obsolete technology.
- If you get rid of them, you can use 'Roadkils unstoppable copier' or similar, and copy them to your WDC. 100GB total, you might have this space.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-whirring-noise-system-slowdown.190644/
Relevancy 27.95%

CPU makes a weird noise as if plane is taking off and goes on making it even after it been booted? And once rebooted it just freezes but the noise is still there? Can any someone please help?

A:CPU makes a weird noise as if plane is taking off and goes on making it even after it been booted?

It is not the CPU, it is the CPU's cooling fan. What are this computers make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-makes-a-weird-noise-as-if-plane-is-taking-off-and-goes-on-making-it-even-after-it-been-booted.184903/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi It seems I have tried everything but maybe someone will have ideas On my laptop with Windows I have Logitech desktop USB noise Microphone constant microphone nad it Microphone constant noise produces constant buzz when i Microphone constant noise am with headphones If I am without them I get a very strong high-pitched noise which increases so I guess it s feedback Microphone constant noise When I am with headphones turning off Samsung EDS Enhanced Digital Sound feature helps alot but the buzz is still there Unmuting mic in playback devices changes buss to hiss Also it s not a ground-loop because if laptop is unplugged nothing changes And the built-in mic works good apart sound quality so the sound card is okay too I guess USB mic has no mic boost feature so this is also not the case I have tried the mic on my roomate s laptop and it acts the same - buzzing and feedbacking Any ideas Or perhaps the mic itself is faulty although I think it s unlikely Also even if my mic is muted or is turned off has a button for that it still produces the buzz sound although considerably more quiet nbsp

A:Microphone constant noise

I wonder if the mic is picking up electrostatic interference?
This would be more intense near fluorescent lamps, power cables, appliances etc., but decrease if you shield the mic with foil, or a metal box.
If not, then the mic is probably faulty.
Hope this is some help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-constant-noise.180058/
Relevancy 28.81%

I just reformatted and reinstalled windows, totally updated all my drivers and everything is like it was before -- no change in hardware configuration either, but now I notice a buzzing/scratchy noise coming from my speakers all of the time.

Under inspection of the volume board, I see that under Realtek Audio output, the entry "Front" is the one controlling this sound, when I lower the volume the sound goes away. However, all other sound is lowered too.

I don't know what this problem could be since I never have experienced it before and I did not do any hardware changes that could have resulted in any kind of wiring issues.

A:Constant 'dry noise' coming from speakers?

Try getting the latest driver from the manufacturer of the sound card, or if its onboard sound, from the motherboard makers website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-dry-noise-coming-from-speakers.178550/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all made thread about this before but wasnt sure where it was coming from iu now know its def the psu its a 750watt .. and fo0r months now when i 1st start pc it makes like a whirling grinding noise quite loud so i have to turn off then back on and always the 3rd time it will stop and work fine. sometimes i get to desktop and no icons so have to press little restart button but then ok and only when cold as if been on a while and i restart or turn off and on it dont do it do i need to buy new 1 or is there a fix for it cheers

A:Strange noise from PSU on start up

The fan in the PSU is the only thing that usually makes noise. I can't in good faith recommend that you replace the fan in your PSU because even an unplugged PSU can generate enough voltage to KILL you. Please get a new PSU instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-noise-from-psu-on-start-up.178351/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm browsing around on newegg for a new gaming headset but all the quality headsets I see in the 30-70$ range are noise-cancelling. My brother and I LAN often so I would prefer non-noise cancelling headphones (plus I find anything things that completely cover your ears to often be uncomfortable if gaming for over an hour).

This is the best I've managed to find so far : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104319&Tpk=logitech Gaming Headset G330

According to various reviews they have great comfort, mediocre durability and sub-par sound and voice quality, and are only somewhat noise cancelling.

I think the noise cancelling and great comfort outweigh the need here for quality sound and voice quality. If I'm going to watch a movie or listen to music I will use the speakers.

Edit: Must have a mic.
Edit2: Apparently newegg does not ship to Canada?

Thanks!

A:Decent headset - not noise cancelling for gaming?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158082

I have a pair of these. They are circumaural but the cushions are fairly soft, and they don't hurt my head or ears after extended gaming. They do get a little warm. They sound pretty good, but I turn down the bass a bit on my sound card so explosions don't drowned out important details I might need to find other people on a map.

newegg.CA should deliver to Canada maybe you have a different issue you're not fully aware of yet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/decent-headset-not-noise-cancelling-for-gaming.178125/
Relevancy 28.81%

I've been using the Microsoft Lifechat headsets for about 4 years now with no problems at all. Recently I started getting complaints from online friends about a horrible noise in the background when I talk. I tried a new usb headset and got the same problem. I tried every usb jack on my computer with the same result. The noise is like a series of square waves changing frequency randomly. It occurs in all applications that use the microphone. The audio output works fine. Is this a problem with the onboard sound processor or the usb drives, or something else?

A:Background noise in USB microphone

Some more info would be nice:

Motherboard (use CPU-Z if you don't know)
VoIP software used (Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Skype etc.)
Windows version (including Service Pack)
Name of your new headset
This could also be related to your internet connection. High ping or packet loss with the VoIP server can cause severe distortion and audio artefacts.
Best way to see if there's anything wrong in this case is to use Windows Sound Recorder to record yourself and see if the issue persists.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/background-noise-in-usb-microphone.175517/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey guys.. Last night my computer started making an incredibly loud buzzing sound but as it was late and I was about to go to sleep, I turned it off and hoped it would be OK in the morning. This morning I turned it on to find it is just as bad as last night and discovered it is coming from my Graphics Card, any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm pretty terrible when it comes to this kinda thing so any help would be much appreciated!

A:Graphics card fan making lots of noise

Your graphics card has likely reached the end of its useful product life... if it is over a year old... or if it has been over-driven a lot. It will likely be important to tell us more about your system... power supply, motherboard, cpu cooling... along with brand names and models.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-fan-making-lots-of-noise.175144/
Relevancy 28.38%

a mate of mine dropped his laptop (acer travelmate 8372) from about 1.4m height, and it makes really really loud buzzing crackling noises. is it the busted hard drive? or is something electric in the laptop about to explode?

A:Laptop dropped, making buzzing noise

Such a noise could be a number of things, is it still booting up to the desktop?

I guess from your description that the noise is coming from the speakers, if you could just confirm that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-dropped-making-buzzing-noise.173069/
Relevancy 28.38%

I recently bought a creative 5.1 sound system for my pc, but every now and then (usually when a new screen opens) the sub woofer makes a noise.
Ive tried several things and I think ive narrowed it down to windows sound effect or sound card.The sound effect is when there is a screen change which is being detected and played by the bass woofer. I'm not sure where I would find this in the control panel I have looked and cant see where to disable.
Regarding the sound card, if your monitor has built in speakers and your sound card is getting confused between the different systems.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

A:Sound issue -- noise coming from subwoofer

I think you can find all the Windows sounds under Control Panel->Sound->Sounds tab. You can select a system sound and then hit the Play button (it's the right arrow button) to play and hear it through your speakers. Don't know why you're having the problem but is one way to check system sound playback

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-issue-noise-coming-from-subwoofer.171368/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all my psu is NEW 750w 750 watt Quiet PC ATX PSU Power Supply Unit . i got is few months back but only 45 day warranty .. when i turn on pc funny noise from psu like fan rubbing or something , so i turn pc off and on few times and the noise goes but i dont want to keep doing that could anyone help with problem or do i need new psu.. thanks

A:PSU making noise

Are you 100% certain that the source of the noise is the PSU? If it's coming from the PSU fan I would start by first cleaning it.

If there is no dust at all I would be worried about any noise emanating from the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-making-noise.171305/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have Plantronics wireless audio. When i talk to my friends on skype they hear some noise. If i blow to my mic the noise sometimes goes away but after some time it comes back.

Do you have any solutions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-microphone-makes-noise.168633/
Relevancy 27.95%

MY mother has a Dell Laptop with Windows Vista. After the computer being on a bit the fan starts making this horrible sound and sometimes the she gets the blue screen and causes the computer to restart. Anyone ever seen or heard of this?

A:Dell laptop makes horrible noise then blue screens

Hmm, interesting.

Does the laptop appear to be getting hotter and hotter as you use it? Are you sure that the fan is actually spinning/the cause of the sound.

Sounds to me like the fan could be faulty. I've also had large clumps of dust (Large enough to stop the fan spinning) caught in the fanblades, meaning I had to disassemble the laptop to resolve the issue.

You could try giving the fan/air filter a blow out with compressed air and see what happens/if it improves. Also make sure that the fan is actually spinning to start with.

What does the noise sound like also?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-makes-horrible-noise-then-blue-screens.163915/
Relevancy 28.81%

I recently bought a new mouse Upgraded lag grinding noise new and PC, PC A Dell Ispiron ghz gb memory etc Upgraded new PC, mouse lag and grinding noise I don t want to get big into gaming on it I just wanted a better video card than the crappy one that came with it so I bought a HIS HD IceQ gb Because of that I had to upgrade the PSU from a stock w to a OCZ Fata ity w power supply I uninstalled the previous video drivers by going into Device Manager and deleting them I also used Driver Cleaner Pro Then I installed and updated the driver for the HIS Now my computer seems to have minor mouse lag and the cursor plays catch up to where I want it to go Also while playing some minor games ex A V A Genesis AD TheHunter Vindictus it lags Upgraded new PC, mouse lag and grinding noise horribly and makes a grinding sound which comes through the speakers it does this not only in a game but I can be surfing the web and listing to itunes and it will just spazz out making the grinding sound Any help Did I screw something up I tried looking around on Google but there were no resovled issues Some were saying it could be a bad PSU or that there is a conflict with Micrsoft High Definition Audio Dirver Added I am getting really frustrated with this I m sure it is through the speakers I took out the HIS and went with the stock video card and it was still doing it so I thought maybe it might have something to do with the power supply so I switched it back to the w one The lag and noise still continues to happen I don t know what to do at this point Everything is like it was when I got the computer Could I have a virus malware or something of that sort or maybe it is the HDD nbsp

A:Upgraded new PC, mouse lag and grinding noise

No help?

No one wants to help me. Did I post this in the wrong section or did I come off rude or something?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-new-pc-mouse-lag-and-grinding-noise.163644/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi All,
I heard a noise form my HP ProLiant ML110 G4 tower and it sounded like a fan or hard drive was going on its last leg. I opened the tower and saw the fans running, I shutdown and unplugged the rear fan powered up and still there, tried the cpu fan still there, tried the power to the hard drive and still there, tried the sata cable and power still there. Each time I would put each item back and try the next. I had a ground strap on the whole time. It really sounded like it was coming from inside the cpu heat sink? Where the fan is bolted to. It kind of stopped now, do I just wait for something to fail or does this sound familiar to anybody? Thanks for any help.
Frank

A:Noise from CPU area now HP ProLiant

You could remove the CPU's heatsink and fan. Clean off the old thermal paste and apply fresh paste to see if the noise stops

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noise-from-cpu-area-now-hp-proliant.162157/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everyone I m having an issue with my desktop computer HP Pavilion p y that I m hoping you can help me with To give you a brief background I bought this computer last February Computer is issue?) "revving" a making noise (fan About a month after purchasing it I Computer is making a "revving" noise (fan issue?) had a third-party graphics card installed by a local technician The computer ran fine up until last month January At that time I got the quot blue screen of death quot I took it to the technician who previously installed the video card He initially diagnosed the problem as a RAM issue and then changed his assessment to it being a hard drive problem But even after he bought and installed a new hard drive the problem was not resolved At this point I sent the computer to HP for repair it was still under warranty They replaced both the motherboard and hard drive the tech swapped the original hard drive back in prior to me sending it to HP and sent the computer back to me However the paperwork that they sent back indicated that the third-party video card was the source of my problems and they advised removing it Because I do not have the necessary expertise to remove the video card I took it back to the local technician He indicated to me that the video card was NOT the problem and he said that the computer was running just fine with it installed At this time he added the new hard drive the one that he had me buy prior to the unit being shipped to HP to the computer so I now have two TB hard drives installed I was a little bit concerned about the video card but decided to take the local technician s word that it was running okay About a week later the computer fan started running very loudly every minutes or so It would run hard four about - seconds before returning to normal I have SpeedFan installed and it indicated that quot Fan quot was going from around RPM to up to around RPM Once again I called the local technician and asked him to look into this While waiting for him to respond to me I got online and discovered that the minimum power requirement for my video card was a watt power supply but that my computer had only a watt power supply When the technician got back to me I brought the power supply issue to his attention At that time he indicated that the best fix would be to remove the external video card and simply rely on the video card that is integrated into the computer s mother board He came over to my house and removed the video card the next day Shortly after the technician departed I began to notice an odd sound It was not very loud in fact you don t really even notice it if you have other background noise but it was definitely noticeable I guess I would call the sound a quot revving quot noise It is occurring every seconds or so and it lasts only - seconds The noise is occurring regardless of what I am doing on the computer and even if it is just sitting idle My gut feeling is that the revving noise is coming from one of the computer fans Once again I ran Speedfan and I am seeing that quot Fan quot is occasionally going from around RPM to around RPM That said the readings that Speedfan is providing do no sync up exactly with the noise that I am hearing My next step was to remove the side panel from the computer to see if I could isolate where the noise is coming from Even with my ear right up to the machine with the panel removed I honestly cannot tell from which component it is coming from While I had the panel off I did go ahead and spray some air into the computer to clean out the dust as I ve heard that if dust accumulates on the fans or in the heat sink it can produce the quot revving quot effect that I m experiencing However this has made no impact I ve also kept an eye on the lights near the top of the tower to see if they blink or flicker when I hear the noise which to me would indicate that the noise I m hearing is the result of data being written to the hard drive But there ... Read more

A:Computer is making a "revving" noise (fan issue?)

I used to 'lubricate' my fan and voila, it runs quieter until I can hear my HDD crunching clearly. but I don't suggest it, since it doesn't always brought success.

However I'm pretty confident what you need is a new set of fan. The problem would be identifying which fan causes the noise. Either CPU fan, chassis fan or even the power supply fan.

If I were you I would open my case side door and see what's inside, maybe snap a picture. and then first try to disconnect the chassis fan, since it's the easiest and cheapest to replace. Don't forget to disconnect all power supplies before opening the side door.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-is-making-a-revving-noise-fan-issue.161180/
Relevancy 28.38%

hi guys This is my first threat which i am going to describe here because after a lot of putting my efforts on net to search for overheating Gx280 annoying and noise Dell the problem as well as asking Dell Gx280 annoying noise and overheating from hardware guys i got nothing My problem is Dell Gx280 annoying noise and overheating i have Dell Gx when i load games Sigularity COD etc it makes heavy noise which is unbearable to me I Clean the CPU fan also heat sink but nothing happens Hardware guy told me to add thermal compound this is because of overheating your CPU but when i add thermal Paste noise was gone and system become normal but now when i play any game after to minutes of smooth playing it slow down game to very poor situation which is not playable i got furstated and remove the thermal paste from heat sink now i can play games fine but with heavy noise i also use speed fan and other software to reduce fan speed but this is not appropriate solution because when i slow down the fan speed then i cant play games because of lagging also Task Manager shows near to load when i load any game i request you guys to kindly give attention to my problem for which i will be so thankful i love to play games but i cant Dell GX Specification Mhz GB DDR Mhz GT MB GB SATA nbsp

A:Dell Gx280 annoying noise and overheating

Localize the source does it make high pitch sound when u switch from 2d to 3d Some card have hard problems dealing with this,

Otherwise i would suspect dying harddrive or very cheap PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-gx280-annoying-noise-and-overheating.161102/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all

I have recently put a new motherboard (asus M4A89GTD PRO) on my pc and, since then, everytime I shut down the pc, the HD makes a very strange sound, I will explain that with more details:

when I shut down the pc from windows, I get the "Shutting down" screen, everything is normal there, but some seconds later the HD Led turns on and the HD makes a very strange sound, that happens during a second or two, and after that, the sound stops and the pc turns off

EDIT: I forgot to say it: that noise sounds like the HD is revving very very fast... sounds like a disk turning very fast

It makes me feel that there is something wrong with my motherboard/OS/HD... What do you think? What can be the cause of that? is it a serious problem?

A:My hard drive makes noise when turning off PC

Hi,
I dont seem to understand the meaning of revving, would it be like when its too busy, that kind of a sound or something else.
Because if that's the case then it could be ok, plus is that a SATA or IDE disk/s...
I also think it could be Data caching, maybe look at you disk properties in your management console and see it you have a setting like this snapshot below...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hard-drive-makes-noise-when-turning-off-pc.160815/
Relevancy 25.37%

Dell inspiron 2 years old. My daughters Computer ran fine before this. Will not boot in safe mode. or last known good configuration. Ran Dell diagnostic, HD short test failed. Tried booting F12 CD/DVD from Vista CD, optical drive makes noise but screen returns to failed boot. Tried other boot disc same thing, noise like its being read, but nothing on screen. Optical drive worked fine before this episode.

A:Dell will not boot into Windows, optical drive makes noise will not boot from CD

Are you saying you believe the optical drive and hard disk have failed, or you think the optical drive has failed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-will-not-boot-into-windows-optical-drive-makes-noise-will-not-boot-from-cd.159202/
Relevancy 28.38%

Yesterday I started noticing that my computer randomly makes 2 quick noises in a row that sound like sandpaper being scratched together. The first is a longer noise, the second is the same type of noise but abbreviated.

It happens when I am using the computer at random times (maybe every 10 minutes) and also when I am not using the computer, just a few feet away perhaps.

Any ideas? ... This noise is annoying because I have the volume on quite a bit due to medical transcribing w/ sounds files.

A:Random strange noise from speakers/earphones

A click or buzz noise that happens every 10 or 15 minutes, could be coming from another electrical device on the same mains wiring, for instance, a fridge, or central heating thermostat.
Each time a fridge motor starts up, it puts a 'spike' of noise into the local mains wiring, which is amplified by items such as Hi-Fi or PC speakers. If that is the case, it is possible to buy for a few pounds (dollars), a small choke that will clip over the mains lead, near the plug, which will cut the interference down.
Also, there are mains extension cables with multiple outlets designed for HI-Fi of PC use, which have spike suppression built in. It is sometimes called 'mains conditioning'.
These are not the same thing as £5 extension 'gangs' !
The prices vary wildly, but here is one I found quickly. http://www.saverstore.com/product/2...-Mains-Extension-Lead-with-Power-Conditioning
Or try (if in UK) http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?tabid=1&criteria=usb&moduleno=219077&c=so&u=strat15

Also: From past experience with interference in a HIFi system, the problem turned out to be coming from the central heating boiler next door! In that case the fault has to be stopped at source. You might try fitting an RF filter to your speaker or headphone lead. I have a similar 'Choke' on my PC speakers. I bought a DAB radio this year, and a similar device is fitted to the mains adapter.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=32799
These clip on ferrites are designed to go over the mains lead to prevent the interefence from running up the lead, but if you use headphones for transcribing work, or audio typing, it might be better to wind the headphone lead through this choke, several times over.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-strange-noise-from-speakers-earphones.159157/
Relevancy 27.52%

I recently got my net back on. I did all suggested driver updates. After installing a game and turning off the comp, when I went to turn it on all I got was a high pitched noise from inside the comp along with no use of my monitor mouse or keyboard. I took the video cards out cleaned them and put them back in, Comp ran fine till I put the game back on the comp. I am now in the same position of high pitched noise along with no keyboard, mouse or monitor.
I have a
Dell 630i quad core
GeForce 8800GT x 2
OS- Windows XP

I have removed each of the video cards and tried running the comp, but still not working same high pitched noise.

Please help!! I want my comp back in working order

A:High pitched noise coming from comp and no use of monitor, keyboard, or mouse

"Comp ran fine till I put the game back on the comp. "Click to expand...

?

Personally, I would call Dell on this one. Who knows, maybe you're still under warranty and you'll get a free motherboard replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-noise-coming-from-comp-and-no-use-of-monitor-keyboard-or-mouse.158443/
Relevancy 28.81%

So I've heard from my friends that the noise suppression feature on the Realtek HD Audio is what keeps auto-adjusting to make it so I'm not too loud or whatever. This is rather annoying since I can't make a loud sneeze without practically being muted. So, when I try to turn it off now, the buttons are grayed out and stuck on. I recall before that I used to be able to mess with them, but now they're permanently stuck on. How can I un-gray the button so I can finally turn if off and see if it'll fix my problem?

A:Realtek HD audio noise suppression

you can try to reinstall the newest driver to see if this helps. you can get the newest drivers HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-noise-suppression.156841/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello

My laptop is 6 year-old (Hp pavillion zt3019ea) and for few weeks now, has started to make this high pitched noise (like a mosquito!) only when connected to the charger.
I replaced the charger with a new one.Same thing. Then that new charger (8 days-old) died yesterday.

I thought I needed to get a new battery but at the same time is it really worth it for a 6 year-old laptop? (the hard drive has been replaced in March)

Thanks for your help!

Marine.

A:High-pitched noise when laptop connected to charger

For future reference dont ever buy hp again. And the charger will keep dieing and yes a new battery is a good idea.
If you want a new laptop i reccomend an acer timelinex for 800$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-noise-when-laptop-connected-to-charger.154089/
Relevancy 28.81%

Well in the winter I got myself a new PC A month later I picked up an Nividia Galaxy Geforce for the system so I could do some gaming The card is not even a month older than the PC itself which isn t even a year oldm and I m getting this extremely irritating rattle from the fan I ve taken a look and have confirmed that it is indeed that exact fan It s not creating any more vibration which is at least good And I have blown compressed air into it to try and clean it out Still the noise persists It s there anything I can do to get this to stop as it gets even louder than my PC speakers Shutting down a moment and restarting seemed to fix it yesterday but now no such luck and I don t want to shell out more cash for a GPU this soon or worse use the integrated GPU nbsp

A:My GPU fan is making this, awful noise

It's less than a year old so it should still be under warranty. I would initiate the RMA (return merchandise authorization) process and return it to Galaxy for repair or replacement. You will have to pay for shipping to Galaxy but that's better than buying a whole new card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-gpu-fan-is-making-this-awful-noise.152506/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey I just got a pair of studio monitors They re plugged into my PC directly into the onboard audio The problem mixed output? getting noise with PC audio up is that im hearing quite a loud noise coming out of the monitors almost all the time It stops only when an action is performed on the pc like clicking or loading from the hard drive Otherwise when the pc is idle there is this noise It s the same noise PC noise getting mixed up with audio output? i can hear myself coming out of the case it s very silent its just that normal noise that PC s are doing im not sure where it comes from exactly PC noise getting mixed up with audio output? it s not a fan i d guess but it gets somehow into the audio output and the monitors amplify it EDIT Also i tried the monitors with friends laptop - it does the same thing BUT ONLY when the laptop is being charged if it s on the battery only everything is OK What should i do to get rid of this Thanks nbsp

A:PC noise getting mixed up with audio output?

Are your connection cables shielded? You could simply be getting interference, either from the power cable or from a device within the PC. I know unshielded audio cables will have problems with interference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-noise-getting-mixed-up-with-audio-output.150640/
Relevancy 28.81%

I m running a PNY Nvidia GeForce graphics card A few days ago a very loud airplane engine-like noise started coming from the inside of my computer fan lot Video of card a noise making case After googling I found that this is a pretty commonly reported issue with this particular card On a hunch I unplugged the card s fan rebooted and the noise stopped so I m sure the card s cooling fan was the culprit There doesn t seem to be any one proven solution for this problem I ve read everything from replacing the fan to oiling the bearings in the existing fan to just unplugging the fan and running the card without it My question may be a stupid Video card fan making a lot of noise one but I was wondering if it would be safe to run this card without the fan I ve got two vacant PCI slots and the tabs on the case are taken off so I think there is sufficient ventilation inside the case I use the card for video editing Video card fan making a lot of noise and light gaming I ve been playing Batman Arkham Asylum lately just as an example So is this safe Or Video card fan making a lot of noise should I replace the fan nbsp

A:Video card fan making a lot of noise

Risky. Sometimes it is impossible to watch over the temperatures fast enough to prevent damage... If the fan was not needed, they wouldn't use it.
You can replace the fan... Finding a quality replacement is difficult, but the cost if very low... Somewhere between $3.99 and $9.99 depending on where you shop.
Try Directron, TigerDirect, Frys, TechDepot, CDW, PCMall, Newegg, ZipZoomFly, Cyberguys, OutletPC, dcparts, mwave, sourcepartsonline, hddoctor, cdw...
Of course there would be the time delay of a week...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-fan-making-a-lot-of-noise.149398/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi when I bought my PC two years ago it was silent it barely made any noise However I later made a huge mistake I opened the case to clean the inside of the computer with an air compressor but while I was cleaning the fans I wasn t holding them so the air compressor made them spin faster than normal Following that every time I boot my PC now it makes a loud noise and also the PC makes a lot of noise in general A lot more than when I bought it to a point where sleeping next to it when it is turned on is a hard thing to do Now I m wondering if that mistake is the cause of the noise When is loud PC My a making noise I look at the fans they don t seem to be damaged at all I have fans The case fan the graphics card fan and the power supply fan My PC is cleaned regularly so I know it s not dust or anything that s causing the problem Here s some interesting info It only makes noise when it s booting after the computer has been turned off for more than minutes If it s less than that it doesn t make the loud noise I have no idea why Also about of the time the desktop doesn t get to fully load because the computer freezes It s a problem that started at the same time the noise started If it is indeed one or multiple fans that My PC is making a loud noise are broken how can I know which one s is I made a video of when I m booting the computer so you can hear and see what is happening http www youtube com watch v yX fkBh zZE Thanks for reading nbsp

A:My PC is making a loud noise

You didn't tell us the brand and model of the computer.
Using an air compressor is very bad, because you risk the damage of static electricity that is generated in amazing amounts. Next time, us canned air designed for use in cleaning computers.
Replace the CPU fan, us buy a new CPU cleaning kit, and any fans that blow air to the outside, and replace the power supply with one of decent quality. Clean the dust of fan blades and computer walls with a soft rag soaked in denatured alcohol. Get some nylon or plastic ties to hold the cables together and away from any fans. Tie down SATA and EIDE cables so they cannot block air or rattle. Make sure all air flow passages are free and allow full movement of cooling air. All these will likely return your computer to normal. You could also buy "silent" cooling fans for very little money which would reduce your noise even more..
Use canned air to get

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-is-making-a-loud-noise.148709/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi,

I have a 256Kbps ADSL connection, my router is SMC.
Statues:
Noise Margin: Upstream 42dB - Downstream 9 dB.
Attenuation:Upstream 40dB - Downstream 38 dB.

Shouldn't the noise margin be a little bit higher and the attenuation be a bit lower ?

My home is about 1KM from the exchange.

By the way, does it make any difference if the link between my router and the line jack in the wall is shorter or longer ? currently it's about 5 meters.

Note: i'm using an SMC filter between the router and the wall jack.

Thanx in advance......

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noise-margin-and-attenuation-adsl.148483/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello,

I was wondering... does upgrading ram make the computer fans run faster?

Ever since upgrading to 4gigs of ram (yesterday), my computer has been so loud.

I'm still on 32bit however, so will going to 64bit change that / what else (other than removing the ram) could be done to reduce the noise?

Peter

A:ARGHHH! The noise! (after RAM upgrade)

RAM should have no bearing on noise - for starters it has no moving parts!

What sort of noise is it?

You havent accidentally caused a wire to clip the CPU fan or something when installing the RAM?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/arghhh-the-noise-after-ram-upgrade.148247/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have a ATI Radeon HD 4650 graphics card, when i boot the computer it starts to make a very annoying high pitched noise which just doesnt stop which has force me to remove it. Any ideas on how to fix it?

A:High pitched noise

That is a sign of a defective or dying capacitor.

time for a new graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-noise.148034/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum motherboard, and recently this northbridge fan started to make very loud irritating noise. I cant buy a heatsink because of my graphic card size. I NEED SOFTWARE that can control northbridge fan speed so i can lower it. I tried using SpeedFan and its not working.

A:Northbridge fan noise!

Hi g4mer,
I think that's going to be a tall order with your system. If you had a series 7 I would point you at AMD OD. But two things leap to mind. 1) if it just started making a loud noise,its dying.
2) NB fans generally run at very high speeds 3-5k RPM, and if you reduce the speed, your NB may run exceedingly hot and destabilize things. At any rate it sounds like you will have to replace it sooner rather than later. This one from FrozenCPU is made low profile specifically for the reason you mentioned.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6...ridge_Low-Profile_Heatsink.html?tl=g40c16s500
If this one will clear the caps on the end of your GFX card, I just purchase this one myself,and it has proved to be excellent.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...ipset_Cooler_TTC-CSC31TZRB.html?tl=g40c16s500

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/northbridge-fan-noise.147497/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, lately i been going nuts with this noise. Every time i plug in my head phones into my pc, it sounds weird,annoying. How can i fix this? Any advice?

PC SPECS:
MS Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz 5-5-5-15
EVGA nForce 750i SLI (Socket 775)
512MB GeForce 9800 GTX+ (EVGA)
Audio:
Sound Card
High Definition Audio Device
Playback devices
Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) (default)
Digital Output Device (SPDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
Digital Output Device (HDMI) (High Definition Audio Device)
Recording device
Digital Input Device (SPDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)

A:Computer noise, integrated sound

Another thing, I have a MBOX 2 PRO FIRE WIRE (Audio Interface), It was doing the same thing, i thought it was the Box it self, i switch back to my old unit, (It sounded perfect).
Could the issue be The motherboard?Drivers?
-Thanks ROCK

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-noise-integrated-sound.145843/
Relevancy 29.24%

The fan in this laptop is loud. I don't really think there is anything wrong with it. If I replaced it with the same it would still be loud I'm sure. I was wondering if there was an ultra quiet replacement I could use. The noise is mostly objectionable when the processor is asked to do a little extra work. I have cleaned the vents internally and externally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nc6000-fan-noise.145704/
Relevancy 28.81%

Just built a new rig about a week ago. Unfortunately at first power up I got a spark and a popping noise. Immediately shut down the PC and checked all the connections and only thing I could see that may have caused it were the unused plugs on the PSU being too close to the PSU. I moved them further away from the PSU and wire tied them down and started up again. PC started up fine and was able to load the OS and all the other goodies. The one thing that sounded different was at start up there was a ticking noise coming from the PC that sounds like it comes from the PSU and this noise does go away as it warms up. PC seems to be running perfectly but would like opinions as to what this may be.

A:Ticking noise at startup

My PC Had That too!

well, from what i've noticed, its the fan. the fan's motor is choppy and "kicks" so thats the ticking noise. My laptop had a ticking noise from the fan after I dropped it once.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ticking-noise-at-startup.145141/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I was looking to update my motherboard drivers and there i found update for
my BIOS. My mobo is MSi K8N NEO4 Platinum [MS-7125] 1.0. I downloaded update for BIOS, and i got 4 files: 7125 - Text document that says what is that update doing. it says: This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Improve compatibility problem with nVidia graphic card
- Improve stability problem when doing overclock behavior.
Im getting a new nVidia gpu, and + my system is unstable when oc so i really need this update. I also got a exe. file, and some 160. file. when i click that exe file nothing happens. Last file i got is called How To Flash the BIOS.doc. Do i have to read that file in order to update bios?? I dont understand English very well, is FLASHING bios updating BIOS?

A:How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

Unless you are having a problem that the BIOS update will solve, I recommend not flashing the BIOS. There is a risk. If something goes wrong with the flash whether it's your mistake or a power outage or something else, your motherboard could become useless. This is a risk especially if you are not sure how to read the instructions on how to do it.

Do you have a problem that you think updating the BIOS will fix?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-phoenix-award-bios-v6-00pg.143414/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello For several month I have posted several times about this odd problem I have been having with my Viewsonic VX on the BFG NVidia GeForce GTX The symptom is that after the monitor has been running for a while in its native resolution of X Hz on the DVI input video noise begins to appear on the screen mainly in the margins When I have the monitor set to a lower resolution X HZ there is no noise But if I set it to X Hz I do get noise This noise starts out as tiny specs barely visible in the margins and progresses to horizontal lines made up of many scattered bits of white or green identified issue noise VX2000 Viewsonic video seen against a black screen When at its worst the screen will occasionally and then more frequently blank for ms or so reset Viewsonic VX2000 video noise issue identified the Viewsonic VX2000 video noise issue identified Digital icon appears in the lower right when the screen resets If the monitor is shut off for a while then turned back on it takes another - minutes before the noise begins to appear again and then it starts out once more as tiny specs Troubleshooting a problem like this Viewsonic VX2000 video noise issue identified can be very difficult if you do not have another computer with the correct output or another monitor with the correct input to make comparisons and isolate the source of the problem to the monitor or the video card Just a few minutes ago I ran a very simple quot test quot to determine that the problem is indeed the monitor I noticed that the noise had a green tint to it This lead me to think that perhaps this was something related specifically to the green pixel circuitry DVI sends out three channels of color Red Blue and Green so the monitor must process each signal with separate circuitry For my test I selected the color adjust on the monitor s controls and User Color I was able to vary the intensity of each color individually in this mode When I moved the green slider all the way to the video noise disappeared completely If I moved either the red or the blue sliders to the noise remained This test appears to conclude that the problem is the monitor and specifically the green circuitry Of course there could still be a problem with the video card s green output but from the other symptoms specifically that turning the monitor off for a while resolves the problem for several minutes seems to indicate that there is a component in the monitor that goes slightly out of spec as it warms up The only way to absolutely identify the source of the problem as the green circuit of the monitor would be to install a break-out box into the DVI cable and swap the green with either the red of the blue wires If the noise shows up on the same color as before then it is the monitor If it shows up on the swapped color then it is the video card I don t own a breakout box bout it would be easy enough to build one if I had another DVI cable I could cut to make it Unfortunately I don t have this cable so I will just have to assume it is the monitor for now I have just ordered a new Samsung HM quot wide-screen monitor so when I connect the new monitor to the same video card I will be able to make the definitive identification It will be interesting to find whether my quot blind quot troubleshooting was correct Of course if I had a good oscilloscope I could probe the signals on the DVI cable with the breakout box and know whether there is anything amiss with the video signal But I do not own an oscilloscope let alone a good one For those who are interested I will post the final results later this week after I receive my new monitor The Viewsonic will be moved to another computer and only its analog input will be used so I do not expect any trouble from it again FW nbsp

A:Viewsonic VX2000 video noise issue identified

Image of the noise

Here is an image of the noise on the screen. Exposure time was about 2 sec.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewsonic-vx2000-video-noise-issue-identified.143053/
Relevancy 29.24%

I went to turn on my computer and it was making this buzzing noise and then it started to load but it wouldn't and the screen went black with a bunch of numbers on it does anyone know what the reason might be?

A:Buzzing noise

I assume you have a bios beep or buzzer. Read the FAQs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buzzing-noise.142626/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there! my laptop produces a static noise when connected to external speakers. It doesn“t matter if the AC is connected or not, it still produces the same noise. I bought an external soundcard and still the same. I am sure is something inside the computer, but what can it be?
thank u very much for the help..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-noise-from-hp-laptop-when-connected-to-speakers.141818/
Relevancy 27.95%

My SN78SH7 shuttle has a strange boot problem. When I power it up, it will "tick" and flash the drive access light for about 30 seconds without going to POST. Then it will restart by itself and go into POST normally. I replaced the CMOS battery and tried older BIOS revs, but that didn't help.

If I power cycle or restart from Windows, I don't have this problem. It only seems to occur if the Shuttle has been off for a few hours or more.

-Thanks, zog

A:SN78SH7 boot problem (ticking noise, auto restart)

Could be faulty Power Supply, or CD/DVD Drive or Hard Drive (or data cabling to them)
Try in that order of diagnostics

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sn78sh7-boot-problem-ticking-noise-auto-restart.139911/
Relevancy 28.38%

My computer is making a ticking noise--like the one that is made when a key is stuck--and then freezes up. I wobbled each key to make sure it isn't in fact a stuck key. I tried to CtrlAtDel but that doesn't show or do anything. I am left no choice but to power down with the power button. When the computer reboots, the noise is gone and everything is back to normal. It has happened twice in the last hour. Any ideas? Did a Google search and hard drive dying came up. Not sure this is the sound those posts were describing though.

A:Clicking noise? Hard drive problem?

you can have an initial look at your hard drives health with a tool called Speedfan.
http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

how old id this drive? and what OS are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicking-noise-hard-drive-problem.138542/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello TS Alright I just ordered all the parts for a new system build short a PSU noise - PC similar New to 'zap' makes Build I built the pc and when I press the power button a noise emits from the PSU Imagine putting your tongue to the roof of your mouth New PC Build - PSU makes noise similar to a short 'zap' and then make an abrupt quot TSS quot sound Not sure if that helps but thats the best way I can describe it I have looked at the connectors for the power switch reset switch power led ide led over and over again thinking that I must have connected them incorrectly I have made sure that they are connected correctly My question is this does this sound like a PSU failure or MOBO failure or User failure Here are the specs PSU Thermaltake Purepower W RU W ATX V CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz MOBO ASUS P QL PRO Memory OCZ Reaper HPC GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HDD Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM SATA Graphics XFX GeForce GS MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Optical LG X DVD R DVD Case RAIDMAX Tornado ATX- WU Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower nbsp

A:New PC Build - PSU makes noise similar to a short 'zap'

Are you sure it's from the PSU? Could be the power button or some other connector shorting somewhere. Check for any shorts to be sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-build-psu-makes-noise-similar-to-a-short-zap.129148/
Relevancy 27.95%

When watching movies on line or off line my pc starts to make a stuttering sound and freezes at first i thought it was to do with over heating so brought new processor and fan did a total reinstall but the problem persists, if anyone can help me with what i hope to be a really simple problem i'd be indebted. thank you. :grinthumb

A:Vista freezing and sound makes machine gun like noise

Hi

we need some more information, such as PC specs, does it only do it on movies, it could be a simple thing like a missing or bad codec or a memory error.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-freezing-and-sound-makes-machine-gun-like-noise.135923/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,

I recently upgraded the ram in my pc from 1.5gb to 2.5gb as it seemed to be getting pretty slow. I was expecting a pretty big jump in performance but it doesn't seem to have happened.

The pc can sometimes be faster than it was and sometimes it really drags. There is also an intermittent loud noise which i believe is coming from the fan and when this happens the pc is slow.

I took out the fan and cleaned all the dust from it but this noise still starts every couple of minutes and the pc becomes slow.

Any ideas?

A:Loud Noise from PC. Don't think it is the HDD

Two things to consider...
The amount of memory doesn't have much to do with speed unless some process can specifically use that extra memory. You can to more things well, but not necessarily more rapidly.

You system will utilize all memory at the speed of the slowest module. If you have some memory that is value ram or other inexpensive ram, the timings could be significantly different than the best brands and models.

Your system only uses what memory it needs, not what you want it to use. As long as the RAM meets the requirements of the motherboard, it will not protest.

If you want some programs to run at optimum performance levels, all memory must be identical. It is wise to buy matched sets of RAM from the same manufacturer at the same time to get the ultimate performance. Top memory is already sold in matched sets in the same plastic wrap. Otherwise, you have to look at the timings and other information posted on the package or the label.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loud-noise-from-pc-dont-think-it-is-the-hdd.134385/
Relevancy 28.81%

My pc has of PC noise making lots been making a lot of noise recently PC making lots of noise at first i thought it was because of my old CPU fan When I upgraded to PC making lots of noise a new fan though i quickly realised the noise remained Now my pc doesn t always make a lot of noise It mostly starts when i launch a game World of Warcraft Call of Duty I find it weird that any fan would start to rotate this fast because my CPU temp hardly goes up I ve come to know that it isn t my CPU fan making this noise because I ve been monitoring that using an application called SpeedFan The CPU fan s rpm is a constant This is also the speed I see when I check the bios I do find it odd that when i check SpeedFan it shows me fan speeds Yet the only one that s working according to SpeedFan is the CPU fan rpm The other fans are both shown to run at rpm My speccs Foxxcon A -P A -P P AC Intel Pentium IV GHz CPUs MB RAM DDR GeForce GSO MB I hope someone can help me out here nbsp

A:PC making lots of noise

Speedfan can only monitor fans that are connected directly to a motherboard fan header. You don't mention how many case fans you have installed, other than the CPU fan. Could this "noise" be coming from a hard drive or CD ROM?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-making-lots-of-noise.133548/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there Sorry if these kind of questions have been explained somewhere if I m posting wrongly I apologise Yesterday morning when I turned on the computer it made this loud groaning humming whirring noise something like that which terrified me So I took the case off and there was an amber light lit up on the motherboard I turn the comp back on to try and hear where the sound was coming from and it sounds like it s coming from the power supply After about five or ten minutes of the computer being on the noise disappears and it s quiet though the amber light is still on The same thing happened this morning - noise then quiet light still on I m worried that something is failing and want to fix it before I suddenly have on light + Loud noise amber groaning no computer Can anyone tell me if it is the power supply I have no idea about how to replace it I was looking at THIS one this morning sorry if I m not supposed to link because I Loud groaning noise + amber light on quot think quot it matches some of the numbers on my own PSU but I don t want to stick he wrong one in and poof bye bye computer I m looking on ebay since my pockets aren t deep enough to go elsewhere I don t know what details you need Loud groaning noise + amber light on about my computer so ask away and I ll try to provide what I know can find Any advice is mucho appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Loud groaning noise + amber light on

Power supplies are easily replaced... by a variety of brands an models.

We would need the brand and model of the motherboard to tell you more, but...

The noise could be anything... but is usually sound card, DVD Rom, or CPU fan...

What performance changes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loud-groaning-noise-amber-light-on.132783/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey! I installed a new HDD, made sure to install it nice and secure, and I've begun running programs and anti-virus and other programs and I occasionally get a quiet grinding noise or a clicking. I'm unsure as to whether this is normal or not. I cleaned out my computer case and a TON of dust and dust bunny corpses so the case is empty as hell. Is the noise normal and I'm just hearing it more than usual now that the case is empty?

A:New WD 500GB HDD Noise

Contact the folks at Western Digital support. They are very helpful. There are also diagnostics available at the site that tell you more.
Hard drives can be damaged in shipment to the retailer or the installer, and returning the drive to Western Digital will get you a replacement quickly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-wd-500gb-hdd-noise.131580/
Relevancy 28.38%

Ok I have no idea what is going on but here is the best explanation I have a Logitech sound system and a logitech headset with mic Now today I put in my headset and turned on the mic and was told in a game it sounded like there was a fan nearby well there wasn t So i just did some tests I unplugged everything and Unexplained and sound noise system headset with plugged them back Unexplained noise with headset and sound system in then opened sound recorder and had the mic turned off and did a recording there was some low humming and it was messing up the voice Well then I turned on the mic and there was a loud whining noise so I decided to try it on my laptop which is a HP Pavilion ze I tested the mic and no background noise just my voice but very soft maybe because the laptop s sound card is not like Unexplained noise with headset and sound system my SB Live card on my Pc Also I noticed the when NOT using the mic like having it muted or turned off or even just normal speakers there is zero background noise So my question is is it the headset or the sound system Sooner i know the better because late tonight I ll be heading to Bestbuy for either both or one of them If i knew a place to upload wav files and link them I d show you what i mean nbsp

A:Unexplained noise with headset and sound system

you may need to mute the "LINE-IN" jack by going into your sound card's control panel. this isn't the same as the mic line so it may cause some weird interference, like fuzz, cracking, humming etc... it varies by hardware and sound equipment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unexplained-noise-with-headset-and-sound-system.130583/
Relevancy 37.84%

I need to update the bios on my pcg-c1vp sony vaio netbook"PheonixPhlash Error File open failed on PLATFORM.BIN press any key to exit". The bios is the one that the sony vaio website links to "Phlash5.zip" containing "Phlash5.exe".

Maybe i need to run it outside of windows, but im updating the bios because it won't recognize any external boot formats. Its running windows xp pro at the moment and that is the only capacity that it will boot in.

A:Phoenix bios flash failure

Sony should have Bios Flashing instructions on their support website. Find them! Most of the time bios are flashed outside of Windows using a bootable floppy or CD/DVD disc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-flash-failure.129716/
Relevancy 28.38%

hi im shannon

Iv just finished building my pc a couple of days ago and i cant get rid of this horrible buzzing noise from my speakers.
It starts as soon as the pc gets to the windows loading screen then it is permanently there.
It gets louder with the volume its only once went away for a short time when i was loading WMP and i dont know why.
Iv checked all the other threads and my problem is different to everyone elses please can someone help me out here cheers.

A:A high pitched buzzing noise on my PC speakers

Hello Shannon
My experience with noise in the speakers is that it usually is coming in through the speaker's power adapter, although defective audio cables may also cause the problem.

I would suggest... (in this order)
1. Swap your surge protector for a known good, and see if that resolves the noise.
2. Swap the audio cable (the one that attaches between your speakers and the audio out port on the computer).
3. Swap speakers for known good.
If none of these solve your issue, then it could be a bad sound card in your computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-high-pitched-buzzing-noise-on-my-pc-speakers.129101/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi everybody I would like some help I recently bought a new fan to help with cooling as the summer approaches My new fan replaces my old chassis fan but is plugged in slightly differently as it is plugged into the pin mother board connector the old one was plugged into the molex and is now positioned as an intake fan at the front My problem is that since I ve installed the new fan my computer is actually louder than before Everest tells me loud loud New noise but fan that the revs for the new fan are rpm as I type this so it s clearly working too hard I think it s working too hard because my processor fan is only idling by comparison at rpm Which temperature does the chassis fan use to control it s speed and why has my CPU fan suddenly become lazy since I installed the new fan Is there anything I can do to make the CPU fan work harder and take some of the burden off of the chassis fan Many New fan but loud loud noise thanks for New fan but loud loud noise any help Noosentaal nbsp

A:New fan but loud loud noise

Try speedfan, that should work.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/547-speedfan.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-fan-but-loud-loud-noise.128341/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all I have a Dell Inspiron all standard hardware and recently I ve been having problems with the PSU staying connected and charging the battery I has begun to make a high-pitched whine while it is on whenever I plug Dell Noise Power Inspiron Jack in a PSU I ve tried three different types one dell and two generic For this reason I doubt it is the PSU I opened it up to clean it out and Dell Inspiron Power Jack Noise see if there was anything visibly wrong and saw that there is a little browning around where it connects to the motherboard as well as a few small spots nearby other soldering points I haven t payed attention to the coloring of the components before but I m worried that it s begun to damage things I plugged in the PSU while it was open to test if any sounds were being made while it was off and I heard a clicking sound every or so seconds Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions Replacing the motherboard aka Dell s solution to all hardware problems is probably not an option since they seem to run higher than what a new computer would cost nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron Power Jack Noise

If you pull the battery and run on the charger does the noise stay or go?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-power-jack-noise.120642/
Relevancy 28.81%

I got a little issue?. While I?m play CS 1.6 people tell me that there?s a ringing noise in the back round of my microphone. I tried adjusting a few things, but.. No luck. (I don?t know if I?m adjusting the right things.) I use a Plantronics 377 gaming headset, 3.5 mm jack.
I have 2 places where I can hook up the 3.5mm jack? in the front or the back of my pc. I use the front. (just because its convenient )
Does anybody got an answers?

A:CS 1.6- ringing noise in headset w/ mic

Yo might need to shut off microphone monitoring... get back to us,, gl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cs-1-6-ringing-noise-in-headset-w-mic.127565/
Relevancy 29.67%

my mother board
INTEL D945GCCR + Pentium D Dual Core: 3.00 GHz
+ 1GB DDR2 RAM 533 Mhz(single module)

1)my cpu fan too much noisy...and make lot of noise continously...whole day..and intermiitently..

what is possible reason.....and remedy..???

2) Second problem is when i add additional another 1GB DDR2 RAM (533 Mhz(single module)) my computer becomes slow...and after some time..computer shuts down saying beacsue of "CPU thermal shutdown"

what is possible reason.....and remedy..??

Waiting for reply

Thanks & Regards
Vishal

A:CPU fan, too much noise

You should try cleaning the dust out of your machine. off the cpu heatsink and fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-too-much-noise.127227/
Relevancy 28.81%

This strange noise has been coming from my hard drive for a little while now is it ok?
Here Is a recording from it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9obzgmWrlM[/ame]

The first half is normally recorded and the second half is altered in audacity.

A:Strange noise from hard drive

I would replace it if it is used for work or a business. Definitely back up you data...Sounds pretty bad. It's a good idea to swap it now so you can clone the drive to a new one..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-noise-from-hard-drive.126750/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi friends everything was fine i reinstalled firefox for some internet purpose now internet was ok but when i restarted Firefox again after a reboot it noted me that quot Firefox not able to start sorry for the inconvenience quot help speakers from noise Grinding and the i noticed some kind of grinding noice from my system so i checked my cabinet all was fine and finally noticed Grinding noise from speakers help that the noise was from the speakers and i noticed the noise was associated with the hdd data reading which was indicated by the hdd light on the cabinet i thought this is the problem of firefox so i reinstalled to the latest firefox the problem still continues other things i noticed along with this problem is that the windows boot up time is long than wat it was before the problem but after boot up everything is fine except for the grinding noise from speakers i test my system with directx diagnostic tool everything is fine i suspected my hdd and made a long test with seatool hdd test tool everything was fine i have smart enabled on my hdd there is this cricking noise along with the audio which is also distrubing my adio and video play back i am confused wat might be the problem that noise is disturbing the regular sound pattern of my system i tested my speakers with external devices the sound was crystal clear my sys config is c d intel mobo Grinding noise from speakers help gb ram sata hdd nvidia xfx gs overclocked rivatuner creative speakers plaese help me nbsp

A:Grinding noise from speakers help

when a card goes bad sometimes it doesnt properly filter out noise. if they play fine on like an mp3 player or another computer you may want to look at replacing the card. theyre cheap enough now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grinding-noise-from-speakers-help.120755/
Relevancy 28.81%

just as stated, i'm looking for an 80mm fan that can move alot of air. i currently have one that runs at 5000 rpm and has some noise, but that doesn't bother me. i'm looking for one at a decent price that can really move some air. any suggestions?

A:Looking for powerful 80mm fan, noise not a problem

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999612

$11.99 for that, 5700RPM and 84.1 CFM.

Good enough?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-powerful-80mm-fan-noise-not-a-problem.118778/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi Specs Asus AV Mobo K T Pro VT AMD Athlon Audigy ZS only using drivers that came with Audigy CD ATI Radeon XT Platinum Latest Catalyst Drivers gig Mushkin RAM Windows XP SP Ever Not Problem 2 noise Speaker Audigy Popping - a since I built this machine I ve had a wierd problem with the sound Assuming the machine is off I turn it on it boots up I then go to play almost any D application X Audigy 2 Popping noise - Not a Speaker Problem Reunion for example and when the game loads up the sound is all distorted and popping Its not a speaker problem because it does this when I plug in headphones directly to the computer I don t detect a drop in frame rates just the badly distorted sound The only way I found to remedy this issue was manually reinstall the sound driver device manager - gt sound and video - gt Audigy WDM - gt manually select driver and reinstall Whenver I shut down and boot back up the problem is gone However the distorted sound will return once I shut down my computer and start it back up again I ve tried ALL the drivers for the Audigy and none of the drivers fixes the popping problem I don t have the soundcard in the slot directly adjacent to the video card but I belive its in the slot down from that Should I try moving the video card to a different slot Does this sound like some sort of IRQ or resource assignment problem on startup Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks Firehawk nbsp

A:Audigy 2 Popping noise - Not a Speaker Problem

Someone else I talked to said that it might be a PCI latency issue. When I checked my PCI latency settings in the BIOS they were all 64. I bumped it up to 32 (highest it would go and that setting was for all PCI devices) and rebooted....no change; still had the speaker popping.

I then downloaded a PCI latency utility; PCI Latency tool 2.0. I bumped the latency setting on the Audigy 2 to 000 and I bumped a few other; non-essential PCI devices down to 64 (or lower). I rebooted and I was still having the same problem.

Any Ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-popping-noise-not-a-speaker-problem.57055/
Relevancy 36.55%

ok so i got this hp pavilion ze5800, pretty good machine and i dont know what the bios password is, bios manufactured by phoenix i do know that much, can anyone tell me a way to retrieve the password or bypass it?

A:phoenix bios password hack or bypass or software to find it HELP!!

There is probably no easy way.

The passwords on laptops are designed to not be easily bypassed or reset.

I would take it back to the place you bought it and get your money back.

Wearing some oven gloves probably wouldn't hurt either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-password-hack-or-bypass-or-software-to-find-it-help.46323/
Relevancy 29.24%

a few times now I have heard my PC make very annoying, loud, sudden digital noise sounds when in the middle of playing music. Does this sound like software or hardware problems?

Thanks in advance

A:Digital Noise

What are your computers specs? Operating System? What antivirus program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/digital-noise.118710/
Relevancy 28.81%

Last night my lap top fell off of my bed. It still turns on and works fine, but every once and awhile i'll hear a loud clicking/beeping coming from inside. When this happens my browser will freeze up for 2 minutes and sometimes I even have to shut it down because it won't come out of it.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? It sounds like something is loose, but I'm not too sure..

A:Clicking/beeping noise

Any cable or component could be loose. Remove the keyboard, if you can, then unplug and reseat everything. Remove and reseat the hard drive. Remove and reseat the optical drive. Continue until you have removed and reconnected every possible thing... including the cable from the base unit to the screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicking-beeping-noise.118344/
Relevancy 27.95%

So today i finally finished gathering all the hardware for my custom computer and got it all hooked up and booted up.

Everything has been going good, got all drivers and what-not installed.

Lastly i installed Half Life 2 on it, and noticed that only when im playing the game that i hear a high pitch buzzing noise. Its loudness decreases when the game is paused and goes away when i close the game. I first checked all fans to see if that was it and checked for rubbing cords, but after discovering it gets louder and quieter depending on the load, it sounds more electrical. Cant tell if its coming from the CPU or GPU or if its either. Any ideas what could be causing this?

System specs:
Asus P5Q Pro
Intel E8400
Corsair TX650
Corsair Dominator PC2-8500
EVGA Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+
Seagate Barracuda 500GB

A:Computer makes high pitch buzzing noise

That can be just about anything... bad speaker or speaker with torn sound pad, electronic radio wave interference from another device, etc. It can take a long time tracking it down.
Often, however, the cause is merely a mechanical vibration from a cable or plug vibrating against the case, another hardware item, or touching the blade of a case fan or heatsink fan.. If the frequency goes up and down, it can be a fan blade, or dirt on a fan blade. Clean all fans with a que tip and denatured alcohol. Use plastic slip-ties to tie down anything loose.
You might also want to use a cheap AM/FM radio as a detector. Move the radio around the case when it is tuned to a weak station, to see if there is a change in volume or frequency of static.
Defective sound cards, damaged by too much high volume can also result in unwanted sounds, as can wear to a video graphics card, any cooling fan wearing out, optical drive gears or motors.
Remove components, or remove and replace, are the only practical ways to find some such problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-makes-high-pitch-buzzing-noise.118302/
Relevancy 28.81%

Western Digital My Book Esential Edition 500gb - Vista lists it as Unknown Device

Hey all,

I'm having a somewhat of a strange problem. I have 2 WD external disks. One is 1TB and one is 500gb. The 1TB drive is working fine but Vista (64bit) decided not to recognize my 500gb drive anymore and is now listing it as unknown device.

Furthermore, drive is making a clucking noise if you can imagine. When it does that noise Vista shows it on my computer but same second throws it off the list. And that repeats itself until Explorer freezes. And I can see the drive for 1sec in the Computer Management -> Drives section and then it dissapears again.

I'm desperate for help since I have alot of school data on it.

With respect,
?an

A:Drive is making a clunking noise

Usually this means the drive has died

Recovery Software

Try this one: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm
It is free for up to four folder down, ie
E:\Documents and Setting\UserName\My Documents\My Pictures
1,2,3,4 folders down

Here are a lot free ones to choose from
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads38.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-is-making-a-clunking-noise.117294/
Relevancy 29.24%

hi , my cpu used to be quite . lately upon starting it , it makes a noise as if something is rotating inside. then after 2 minutes the noise disappears. what is wrong with my cpu ?

A:CPU makes noise

The CPU fan is wearing out. This is the fan that sits in the middle of the motherboard inside the computer... For infomation, your computer is the box, the CPU is a chip on the motherboard inside the box

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-makes-noise.116609/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey guys, When i goto start my computer it makes a weird clicking noise, and gets no signal to the monitor. When i unplug the video card and plug it back in, it will boot up. But recently taking out the video card hasn't been working. Last night i took out the card and hooked the monitor up to the onboard video slot. It worked fine. and so i figured the videocard had went bad in it. But this morning I got up and went to turn on the computer and the same clicking noise with no monitor signal. The clicking noise is very fast, and you can tell the computer isnt booting up. Anyone have any suggestions? Bad powersupply?

A:Computer wont boot up, makes clicking noise

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test)

But it does sound to be a faulty internal HardDrive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-up-makes-clicking-noise.114475/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi,
First of all thank you for taking the time to read/answer question

Now, on to the problem/question.

For the past 6 months or so I have a crackling/static noise coming from my speakers (confirmed is not due to my speakers because when I connect my headphones, the crackling is now heard on the headphones instead). The sound is very loud during the first 30 minutes or so when the computer is turned on and goes down a bit after 2 hours or so (sometimes the sound stops all together after 4 hours +). I haven't change the position of the computer, nor bought any new hardware which might be causing static/interference. Furthermore, I downloaded the latest sound card drivers just to make sure.

This problem is truly driving me nuts and is preventing me from listening to music, videos etc.

Anyone knows whats going on?

Thank you, looking forward to reply.

-TW

A:Static/Crackle Noise - Not Speakers

Sounds, like it's picking up noise from the HardDrive
If it's a PC, consider taking it apart and removing all internal dust
If it's an addon card, consider mounting it in another PCI slot
There are too many more ifs, without your system specs, it's very difficult.

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-crackle-noise-not-speakers.111704/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi,

I've been contemplating purchasing either an Nvidia 260 or an ATI 4870 as an upgrade from an nvidia 9600gt. I'd be using this card in a music production computer (also for high-end gaming) so noise levels are some what of a concern.

The 260's heatsink cannot be replaced as far as I'm aware, but the 4870 will allow me to fit a new heatsink with a 120mm fan of my choice (noctua).

Does anybody have any knowledge or readings of the noise levels of the 260's fan?
I understand that it will increase in speed/noise as the gpu heats up.

Any help will be appreciated.

A:Nvidia 260 noise levels

I found two reviews of the GTX 260 that measure noise levels here and here. The first article only mentions the 260s noise levels, but the second article has comparisons with other graphics cards including the 4870.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-260-noise-levels.114155/
Relevancy 29.24%

Since about a month ago my speakers have randomly (when not listening to any audio) been making a soft white static noise for about a second, and then it stops.

This has happened on two computers in my house, the speakers on one of them being relatively high end, and the others are definitely not bad.

I don't have any cell phones around the computers and TVs are a good distance. I've tried lowering all volumes, including wave etc. under volume control panel.

Any ideas?

A:White-ish noise

bump, anyone? this is a nightmare

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-ish-noise.111422/
Relevancy 28.81%

So I installed a new core2duo cpu (E7200 Wolfdale 2.53Ghz) and now when I turn on my computer it just makes a long solid high-pitched noise. Please help!

Other Specs:

160g SATA HD
Nvidia 8800 GT
4g OZC Platinum RAM
ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Motherboard

A:New CPU and now it makes loud noise

does this sound continue once u logged on to ur OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-and-now-it-makes-loud-noise.113337/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello!

I had a desktop computer and I recently noticed that whenever I play a CD or DVD in my d: drive, my speaker sound would make a noise so I can't hardly hear the sound coming out from the speaker. Anyone know what might have caused this issue?

A:DVD ROM creates noise in the speaker

Hi

Usually there is a cable that links the cd unit to the soundcard (or if its an onboard soundcard to the motherboard) open the case and locate the cable and check it is in good condition.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rom-creates-noise-in-the-speaker.110108/
Relevancy 28.81%

i just recently finished building a new system and i have the following fans installed: 1) Antec Earthwatts 650w PSU, 2) 80mm stock case fan (Athenatech tower), 3) Evercool EC-PT12-9525EA 95mm CPU cooler and 4) Apevia 80mm case fan.

Basically the system stays at 'medium' noise but does not go into 'low noise' mode after a certain period of time which I am used to with previous systems. I am also wondering if my measly 2GB of RAM could be making the PSU work harder thus producing more noise? I have an Intel Q6600 on an Asus P5K motherboard with a WD 750GB HDD. Only other component is a cheap XFX video card.

Are the Earthwatts notoriously loud? I'd just like to knock the noise level down a bit without resorting to silencers.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

A:Could someone identify my noise culprit?

That's a hard one for because I don't have hands on experience with most of your components. If you have your previous PSU and/or any other parts that you can install on a temporary basis to weed out your part. I know that some PSU's make more noise when they are trying to cool down a hot board. CPU fans can run at various noise levels. Noise is usually the fans. I don't believe that your 2 Gigs of ram is the cause. Good Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-someone-identify-my-noise-culprit.109993/
Relevancy 27.95%

I just bought 2 power speakers to play with my laptop and I hear this static noise .
the weird part is the noise is gone when I unplug the laptop power cord , I can listen the music very clean when I run the laptop with the battery. I used 2 diff brand of Laptops and the results were the same .
I wonder if there is a filter or something else that can help me eliminate this noise when I plug the Laptop power cord

Thankss

A:Speakers make static noise when I plug to the computer

You likely have something else in the room or on the line emitting electrical interference. The speakers are just amplifying it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-make-static-noise-when-i-plug-to-the-computer.109413/