Windows Support Forum

Wifi Adapter (Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter...

Q: Wifi Adapter (Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter...

I bought the laptop with Win 8.1 installed. I was able to use Connectify software to tether internet connection from the ethernet to my phone through WiFi. After upgrading to Windows 10, trying to start a hotspot with the Connectify software throws the error "Your Wi-Fi adapter does not support AP mode. Please try updating the drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter". Trying to start a hotspot through command prompt using 'netsh wlan.....' throws the error "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" In the device manager, Driver Name : Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 AdapterDriver Version : 7.35.344.0Driver Date : 1/26/2016 Seems updated. But, I am still not able to start a hotspot to tether the connection. Can anyone help me solve the problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adapter-Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-Adapter/td-p/5689992
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi Adapter (Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 97.34%

I got this laptop, and no matter what I do I cant get the Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter to work. I have tried install the drivers but it still says no connection,  I cant even get it to work, any help. I cant even do a system restore

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-Adapter/td-p/5766741
Relevancy 97.34%

is it true that this wlan adapter does not comply with 802.11 ac? supoosedly my notebook 15-ak030nd should have 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1). My fritzbox does not seem to think it has, nor do I see any indication in the specifications of the card

A:Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter

Hi: The Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter is a single band wireless N card with bluetooth. No AC capability. But I agree that either the product specs for your model are incorrect, or HP stuck the wrong card in your notebook. If the specs are correct then you should probably have gotten the Intel 3165 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo. I looked up the parts list for your model, but there is no info provided when I enter the product number. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=P0U53EA I suggest you contact HP and get a definite answer as to what wireless card your notebook should have. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-Adapter/td-p/5538612
Relevancy 96.1%

Hello,        Broadcom speed wifi connector drops at speeds where it is impossible to navigate.       It looks like a driver issue because Windows 8 had no problem.       The version I have installed the driver is: 7.35.275.2 (07/02/2015)  Is there a version of the driver to correct this problem?  Thank you....

A:Problems with Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Win...

Hi , Welcome to the HP Forums!  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. Learn How to Post and More   I understand you are looking for a driver update for  BCM43142 and Windows 10.  When I checked the software and driver page for the  Notebook - 15-p212ns, Windows 10 is a supported operating system.  I did notice there is a update for a Realtek network card but not a Broadcom.When I checked the HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide I do not see a Broadcom card listed as a recommended card therefore HP would not be updating drivers for it.  Please note chapter 3, page 23, item 5 for the list of supported wireless cards for your notebook. You will need to get any driver updates from Windows or the manufacturer's site.Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers You can try running the following to look for any missed updates.Here is a link to Open the Windows Update troubleshooter that may help find additional drivers.   Although it lists Windows 7 it does work in Windows 10. Once launched, it should show a screen like this.    Use the second option "Background Intelligent Transfer Service", it should lead to a force update of 'Windows Updates' that may not be automatically being applied, that could fix some of these issues. If you have not been able to locate an updated driver,you could try installing the driver in compatibility mode. Here is a link from the windows10forum to assist with that process should you like to try it.Windows 10 Compatibility Mode  To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up button below. If you feel this has answered your question please choose solution provided to help others who may have the same difficulty.  Good Luck and have a wonderful weekend! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Problems-with-Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-Adapter/td-p/5236014
Relevancy 96.1%

HI,I have a problem with the WiFi adapter, after upgrading to Windows 10, the WiFi won't turn-on anymore.I tried the ff:Download the latest driver,Uninstall and reinstall install the driver,Installing HP support assist,Reinstalling windows,... Basically everything but nothing fixes the issue.Note:Laptop was total mess before I had it, corrupted hard disk, no Operating system, no recovery partition, no recovery disk or media.. I had to wipe out the hdd and reinstall windows 8, it was working fine until I upgrade to Windows 10.Any suggestions???

A:Problem with Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter

Hello, Please install the wifi Broadcom drivers of windows 8/8.1 from HP.com this would resolve the issue and check  under control panel,network and sharing centre,change adapted settings ,the wifi is enabled

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Problem-with-Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-Adapter/td-p/5628788
Relevancy 96.1%

Hello! Recently we've bought the second laptop. Today we've tested speed of our wi-fi connection. On my old laptop receiving speed was about 60 Mbit/s and outgoing speed about 80 Mbit/s. But on my new laptop it was a lot less - 25Mbit and 34 Mbit. We've tried to reinstall the drivers but it never helped. Could you please give me any suggestions what I can to do to increase the wi-fi speed. Best regards,Olena 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-adapter-terrible-wi/td-p/5835862
Relevancy 95.17%

My adapter randomly drops connection or speed It will be then mps I sent it in for service and they replaced a missing driver but the problem persists I called support and they kept saying it was either my cable of wifi router I have a new high speed cable modem and a new linksys ac router All of the other devices in the house work fine My notebook is approx ft from the wireless router and I have to continually reset the adapter I have uninstalled drivers adapter unchecked the shut off power for the adapter etc and have reset router wifi and done all of the sugestions the community has listed I have read that this is a common Adapter M.2 802.11 bgn Broadcom BCM43142 dropping Wi-Fi spee... problem with this adapter and wonder if there is any fix for this problem The support guy was rather rude Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter dropping spee... when I sugested that the adapter is bad I was told I can't replace the adapter with another kind due to the bios All of the drivers and windows is updated Any ideas

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-Adapter-dropping/td-p/5618451
Relevancy 94.24%

My Broadcom BCM bgn wi fi adapter cannot start nbsp The Wi Fi option wi Broadcom adapter start fi cannot (code... BCM43142 802.11bgn does not appear in the Networks at all nbsp I have tried all suggestions that I have read in the forum but NONE of them work nbsp Go to Device Manager nbsp to uninstall driver v then reinstall driver in Device Manager nbsp Tried nbsp to Update driver nbsp in Windows Update Device Manager and nbsp in HP Support Assistant to v The Windows Update to update the Broadcom wi fi adapter driver failed nbsp Used Windows Update Troubleshooter which says it has Broadcom BCM43142 802.11bgn wi fi adapter cannot start (code... fixed the corrupt registry files etc but still wi fi adapter does not start upon next reboot nbsp Updated HP Support Assistant then update driver again nbsp Tried System restore to weeks ago when I think the wi fi adapater problem has not started nbsp None of the above worked to start the wi fi adpater at all nbsp Please help nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11bgn-wi-fi-adapter-cannot-start-code/td-p/5608455
Relevancy 109.65%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go Mb Hard IE8 No WiFi with adapter Broadcom Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - No WiFi Broadcom adapter with IE8 MB Motherboard Quanta BF E None Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have a HP Pavillion tx us laptop running Vista Home Premium bit I was using my WiFi without problems for months with IE then suddenly last week I have no WiFi connection My Network Connection did not list any WiFi adapters I ran the Network Connection diagnostic program and it said quot no wifi adapter recognized or configured quot or something like that In the Programs and Features area I list the Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter but the Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi adapter is missiing in Device Manager Both my TO Adapters have yellow triangles w s inside All drivers are up to date I tried uninstalling the Broadcom WiFi adapter and reinstalling it I removed my Bit Defender antivirus program completely Nothing fixed it I restored my computer to a point listed as one week ago which fixed it once for that session but when I rebooted my computer I was without the WiFi adapter again After several system restores to that point even that stopped fixing the problem I finally removed IE and returned to IE viola my wireless adapter is again functioning driver version now I tried reinstalling IE It worked once and then not again even after several reboots I uninstalled IE again and viola the Broadcom driver reappears and everything works fine Do you have any solution ideas I mentioned it to Office Depot and he said that yea it may work now in IE but eventually it will stop because IE does not support IPV technology What if I upgrade to Windows Could that fix my problem and can I upgrade to a bit version since my computer has core processors I currently have a bit version of Vista Home Premium nbsp

Relevancy 106.64%

Hi, I have some issues with the wifi card in my laptop. My laptop's product number is: L8R39AV.  So my main problem in my laptop is that My wifi card is a bit faulty. Faulty in the sense,it is slow compared to the connection with the wired ethernet connection. To better understand for you, I also made a speed test with the wired connection and without the wire connection.  The results are:Wired ethernet: 25+ download speed, 3+upload speed.Wireless Wifi: 15 download speed, 2 upload speed. I could use the ethernet,but my room is very far away from the internet connection... Need some Assistance Please!! ThanksPavan

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Issues-with-wifi-Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-Adapter/td-p/5631251
Relevancy 106.21%

my v3-112p wifi adapter isnt working - code 10 on device mangersays - This device cannot start. (Code 10){Operation Failed}The requested operation was unsuccessful.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/my-v3-112p-wifi-adapter-isnt-working-broadcom-code-10-on-device/td-p/441227/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 104.92%

Hey I have two problems so i will explain the scenario then number out the issue I had a new hard drive installed when i booted the laptop it worked well The wifi in my area is very low so I was told I can use a wireless adpter to quot boost quot the signal strength received I was given a Encore ENUWI-N Wireless Adapter to use I installed the utility program from the official website and the computer still did not recognise the device so I deleted the program I then lost connection to the internet and at the time i thought the wifi can dropped i later realised that was not the case since my phone s wifi was still connected I then reinstalled the software the executible Wireless ENUWI-N3 internal plus adapter Encore Adapter broadcom issues file was saved on the harddrive and it give me the same message that there are no drivers for the adapter I shifted Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues my attention to my failed internet connection after troubleshooting it give me a error message stating that there were no drivers installed for the Broadcom wireless adapter that is internally installed I tried a system restore to before i tried installing the Encore adapter and still nothing the system continued to give me the same message and it registered in the quot device manager quot as unknown device named quot ethernet controller quot with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark I have been able to borrow a Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues laptop and download the LAN adapter fron the ACER support website and although it had no quot set up exe quot file visible i was able to get Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues the adapter to read the zip file and then the system recognised the adapter HOWEVER still NO internet connection I can see the available networks but it just would not connect to any WHY I have you posted a website to get the driver for the external adapter in an older thread about a year ago so i shall try and see if it works My laptop still does not connect to the internet although i have installed the LAN and wireless adapter drivers from the website the adapter specs Broadcom Hardware Id pci ven e amp dev amp subsys d amp rev Computer model Acer Aspire z- windows ultimate PS before this whole mishap I remember that in the device manager under the network adapter there was quot WAN miniport PPOE quot something something my brain failed to pay attention to anything after this point The quot WAN miniport quot is no longer there Please Help Thanks in advance In Any ForumExcluding Discussions Advanced SearchTag SearchSearch For My Posts Quick LinksToday s PostsUnanswered ThreadsSubscribed ThreadsForum User GuideCommunityOpen Contacts PopupContacts amp FriendsSocial GroupsPictures amp Albums Profile for psych funaticMembers ListMiscellaneousControl PanelRulesArcadeCalendarMark Forums Read nbsp

A:Encore ENUWI-N3 Wireless Adapter plus internal broadcom adapter issues

What is the purpose of all those links at the end of your post?

What is listed in Device Manager under Network Adapters?

What, if any, warnings or errors (yellow or red) flags are anywhere in Device Manager?

While trying to connect by both ethernet and Wi-Fi ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/encore-enuwi-n3-wireless-adapter-plus-internal-broadcom-adapter-issues.1079173/
Relevancy 104.06%

I m having a really annoying problem which is making my laptop almost unusable and a hassle to connectivity wifi and adapter limited randomly network 802.11n Broadcom gets freezes use After a while of my laptop being on my wireless network adapter will suddenly get quot limited connectivity quot and won t connect to the internet Disabling and enabling the adapter will cause my computer to freeze requiring a restart The same with troubleshooting The only thing which fixes this is a fresh reboot however it always occurs again within the hour Sometimes the entire adapter will randomly just disable itself and the computer will completely Broadcom 802.11n wifi network adapter randomly gets limited connectivity and freezes freeze meaning I have to press the power on off Sometimes the adapter will just disappear from Device Manager Searching for quot plug and play quot devices will cause it to freeze Apart from having to reboot what also seems to work is disabling the wifi from PC Settings putting the computer to sleep then awaking it and turning wifi back on I ve had to do that times whilst typing this post I ve tried flushing my dns registering it renewing and releasing Assigning a static DNS address All those things Though I may have done them wrong Specs Laptop model Samsung RV i notebook from around GB RAM Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Operating system Originally came with Windows bit installed issue began on this I installed Windows bit Pro a month ago did not reset settings Problem persists Broadcom n wireless network adapter Device ID Driver date Driver It s the latest driver according to Windows I keep uninstalling the driver and installing random ones from etc however the same problem persists I ve tried uninstalling the driver and just rebooting but problem still comes back after a while When it works Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Stefan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Zangara-RV Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter WiFi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - B-B -A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -BD- -E - - - D- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - B-B -F -DC-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address E - - - D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Stefan gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Stefan gt Ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round tr... Read more

A:Broadcom 802.11n wifi network adapter randomly gets limited connectivity and freezes

Three things from your post
Sometimes the entire adapter will randomly just disable itself, and the computer will completely freeze, meaning I have to press the power on/off. Sometimes the adapter will just disappear from Device Manager. Searching for "plug and play" devices will cause it to freeze.Click to expand...

and
It's the latest driver according to Windows. I keep uninstalling the driver and installing random ones from 2006, 2011 etc however the same problem persists.

I've tried uninstalling the driver and just rebooting, but problem still comes back after a while.Click to expand...

and
I think I may have had a trial version of McCafee a long while back, which has now been uninstalled.Click to expand...

As the adapter is disappearing from device manager , it may well be a hardware issue -
it maybe worth

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try reseating the wireless adapter

If the adapter is easily accessible, usually through a cover on the bottom of the laptop.
Remove and reinsert it carefully and firmly to make sure it is not loose.
Then remove and carefully and firmly replace it several times to cure any possible looseness or corrosion.
At the same time check to make sure the antenna leads are securely attached.
Note: This is not taking the machine apart. We do not recommend removing the keyboard when that is necessary to find the wireless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the driver comments , have you actually re-installed a driver - rather than update - we often see windows , thinks you have the latest but actually, you need to install the driver

from the samsung site http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP-RV511-A01UK-downloads
Windows 7(32bit,64bit) / 5.100.82.95 / Wireless LAN,BROADCOM / 23 Sep, 2012 / MULTI LANGUAGE
46.03 MB

appears to be the latest version
Downloading the zip file - it has an auto install/setup

remove mcafee with the removal tool
you dont need to loginto the website as in the first part of the instructions - just download the removal tool and run

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mcafee Removal Tool
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-802-11n-wifi-network-adapter-randomly-gets-limited-connectivity-and-freezes.1097068/
Relevancy 92.45%

I am desperate. really really desperate, I don't know what to do anymore

I spent a lot of money on a new gaming pc and it has been a complete nightmare from the start. I have wireless network at home so I had to het a usb wifi adapter, the Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter.

Its setup cannot complete because it is stuck eternally at "detecting adapter"

I sought online but it's only people reporting the problem and NOBODY giving a solution. pleas pleeeaaaase somebody help.

A:Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter stuck detecting adapter

Power down PC...while it off remove USB wifi adapter....power on PC. When PC has finished booting up, search in the uninstall programs list for any software related Netgear and uninstall it. Reboot and start the process again.

According to the system requirements for that device, it does not support windows 10, which may be you issue.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/fil...DS_03Jul13.pdf

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/128908-netgear-n300-wifi-usb-mini-adapter-stuck-detecting-adapter.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello I registered to forums to get help to solve wireless adapter issue I am having I have been looking for help to IP could Wifi adapter network stack protocol bind not adapter in Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter Lenovo forums and AV provider problem is still on Background I changed AV software from Symantec to F-Secure I uninstalled Symantec software and installed F-Secure software Laptop is Lenovo T What happened First I recognized that ping commands caused Windows to crash Then I uninstalled some VPN softwares and ping started to work Operation did something to wireless and LAN connections they did not work anymore LAN started to work by removing LAN drivers from device manager and reboot After reboot Windows reinstalled LAN drivers and LAN was ok Wireless is a pain in there I have tried almost everything All Lenovo provided network softwares and power management tools are uninstalled and reinstalled together with wireless drivers Wireless driver is not recognized by Windows None of automatic repairs or wifi uninstallation operations have corrected problem I collected some logs which might help but now I do not know how to proceed Windows reinstallation is something which I do not want to do ------ Device Manager Device Manager has quot Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter There are no devices with exclamation marks ------ Lenovo software diagnose repair log Issues found Detection details There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Detected Detected Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Set up the wireless network adapter Completed Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv and Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv can be used on the network adapter InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name BF E - CA- E E- EDA- D CDCCE Repair Admin etl The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Completed Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues Detection details Expand InformationalDiagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Manufacturer Intel Corporation Provider Intel Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date July Section Name Install MPCIEX Lenovo HMC BGN WIN Hardware ID pci ven amp dev amp subsys Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type ------- It seems there is collision between Windows registry and device manager What can I do to repair wireless Thank for your help

A:Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter

Hi Ron, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this to start

Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services.

Scroll down this list to find 'WLAN Auto Config'

Double click on 'WLAN Auto Config' On the general tab, select from the start up type drop down menu, select 'Automatic'. Under Service Status click on 'Start'. Then 'Apply' these settings and exit from all open control panel windows.

This should then allow Windows to set the required bindings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314713-wifi-adapter-could-not-bind-ip-protocol-stack-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I just bought a brand new Asus K52F and when the laptop goes into sleep mode the "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter & WiFi Miniport Adapter #2" fail. When i turn the computer back on i have trouble connecting to the internet, and the devices have error (code 43). I can still connect to the internet though. I have re-downloaded the drivers, rolled them back, updated them, everything but it hasn't worked. Any help would be sweet.

Also can anyone tell me what the white light up button next to the power button does??

A:WiFi Miniport Adapter/Adapter #2 Error

The virtual wifi mini port adaptor is used as a virtual wifi device so you can turn your machine into a wireless AP "access point" either with commands or the connectify software. The adaptor sometimes activates itself and causes problems, even when your not using it as an access point.

It should fix the problem if you go into device manager, go to "view" top of page, then choose "show hidden devices" which should allow you to see the mini port, disable the virtual mini port adaptor and that should fix the problem.

That little button next to the power button is a reset button, it's like restarting but a little different.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/129330-wifi-miniport-adapter-adapter-2-error.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello, I was unable to find the detailed specs - what kind of broadcom adapter exectly does 7070t have? It should be like BMCXXXXXX or something like that -trying to update through microsoft update catalog, but need the model for that. thnx

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y70-70-T-broadcom-network-adapter/td-p/3353401
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello I am helping a friend with an issue on their HP Pavilion dv us running Vista Home Premium Basically their wireless adapter is working inconsistently Sometimes when you pull up the Device Manager the adapter is listed but sometimes it is not There is an on off switch which has an orange indicator when adapter and Broadcom LAN goes? Integrated comes the adapter is off and a blue light when it is on When the device is not listed the light remains orange no matter how you turn the switch Also the tray icon for wireless networks will vanish completely when the adapter is not detected of the time the computer simply appears to have no LAN adapter installed but the rest of the time it works without issue Sometimes restarting the computer will help it but generally it seems to come and go as it pleases It's the factory adapter I know it's a Broadcom but not sure of a model number I've tried reinstalling the drivers to no avail I installed an external USB adapter and it works fine but they Integrated Broadcom LAN adapter comes and goes? are a nuisance and certainly not an ideal solution Does anyone have any suggestions or am I missing anything Integrated Broadcom LAN adapter comes and goes? obvious Thank you in advance

A:Integrated Broadcom LAN adapter comes and goes?

Have you tried removing the device via Device Manager...and then reinstalling it with the appropriate HP drivers?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327007/integrated-broadcom-lan-adapter-comes-and-goes/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I recently was using my laptop and when i put it on sleep mode and when i put it back to regular mode I notice my Wifi Connection was down i didn t install or do anything to it So im thinking its my laptop wifi Broadcom Network Adapter Driver stops working then after Broadcom Network 802.11 Adapter another restart didn t go well i try to reinstall it with recovery manager that didn t work then I check to see if its any important updates I actually see one called Called Broadcom Network Broadcom b Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter g WLAN and I got it the update and during the update it still didnt work Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter and the how am i getting it is by missing with it i will keep trying to install the Broadcom Network Adapter Driver and sometimes it will work and I got my connection after the th restart anyways now it stop working im running on HP Pavillion dv -Bit Operating System Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- - Ghz Any help will be very much appreicated I need to do a report In a Internet Caffee HELP PLEASE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-802-11-network-adapter.770752/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello
I am not having network issues but, when I run Macrium Reflect it says, "Click here to update the network adapter."

It seems to sense my network adapter is not adequate to use a network if I were to choose to do so.

Is this an indication my Windows 10 Pro has a driver that needs updating although I do not use a network for Macrium?
TY
Peter
I went to Broadcom but the driver was for Win 8. I tried to update in device manager but it said I have the latest driver.

A:Broadcom network adapter 802.11n

Originally Posted by maranna

Hello
I am not having network issues but, when I run Macrium Reflect it says, "Click here to update the network adapter."

It seems to sense my network adapter is not adequate to use a network if I were to choose to do so.

Is this an indication my Windows 10 Pro has a driver that needs updating although I do not use a network for Macrium?
TY
Peter
I went to Broadcom but the driver was for Win 8. I tried to update in device manager but it said I have the latest driver.

Hi there.

I doubt whether that's a Windows problem -- when running Macrium reflect though it depends on whether you are using a stand alone version in which case if you want to have network connectivity it may need to load extra drivers.

For example I had to load RAID driver software on to my copy of the bootable Macrium software so it could recognize my HDD's -- no probelm usually though.

If you don't need connectivity to a network when taking backups just ignore message.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51652-broadcom-network-adapter-802-11n.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello. First time. Installed Windows 7 on two home-network computers. Everything appeared to be good, including networking, but I could not access printers (linked through each computer) with the opposite computer. Windows update offered an update for the Broadcom 802.11n network adapter, but when I installed the update I completely lost the network. I had to revert to the old driver in order to reestablish the network. But the printers still are not recognized. The network adapter on the secondary computer is a Linksys WMP300N.

I did try turning the router off for ten seconds with the updated driver but that had no effect.

Anyone had this problem? TIA

A:Broadcom 802.11n network adapter

I had the same thing happen, but with a windows update of the driver. I also was able to recover by rolling back the driver in the device manager. The update was dated, but I did not think to note it before I reverted. It was not in my update list a few weeks ago.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/34595-broadcom-802-11n-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I ve two laptops nx and nc HP both virutally identical A few months ago I reinstalled XP on to one of the machines and had to download the broadcom netextreme gigabit ethernet adapter from HP site and install it to connect up to the home network Now I am reformatting the other machine doing the same as before - installing xp and used the driver for the ethernet and it exe for adapter seems to run and then start up the set-up wizard it doesn t do anything after that and I do not see the driver listed in device manager under network adapters Broadcom Problems adapter Network - only see adapter what is that by the way In my other machine - under the network adapters in dev mgr - both ethernet adapter and adapter are there Why is this ethernet adapter not showing up when - apparently - I install it As I have said the install seems rather quick and not much happens at all after the wizard sems to get going just says preparing the wizard a few runs of a blue loading bar then it shuts Tried rebooting as well I thought perhaps Broadcom Network adapter Problems the driver is slightly different for the two machines so tried the one from the nx site and I it is the same one I did compare size file name of different machine adpater Broadcom Network adapter Problems install files before hand anyway and it does the same thing as described above What could be causing the ethernet driver to not install even though I am running the install file Thanks Andrew

A:Broadcom Network adapter Problems

Hi Andrew,Can you take a picture from the Device Manager with the Network Adapters expanded and also the Other Devices group if it exist on the devices tree.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467970/broadcom-network-adapter-problems/
Relevancy 85.57%

Guys,

I upgraded my windows 7 beta last night to the RC1 release. The only issue i am having is that now my wireless driver is not working correctly.

under the device manager the error is "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"

I am using a macbook pro with bootcamp on it, the initial beta public release of Windows 7 picked up the drivers fine. For some reason after upgrading i can get no wireless though. I have tried downloading vista drivers, and just about everything i can think of. I also downloaded the Bootcamp Vista 32 Update from mac, but it did not resolve the problem either.

any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

A:Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (Windows 7 RC1)

Quote: Originally Posted by lvlaintown

Guys,

I upgraded my windows 7 beta last night to the RC1 release. The only issue i am having is that now my wireless driver is not working correctly.

under the device manager the error is "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"

I am using a macbook pro with bootcamp on it, the initial beta public release of Windows 7 picked up the drivers fine. For some reason after upgrading i can get no wireless though. I have tried downloading vista drivers, and just about everything i can think of. I also downloaded the Bootcamp Vista 32 Update from mac, but it did not resolve the problem either.

any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

can you remove these drivers and restart ?

can you tell us which adapter is it?
which exact model broadcomm n adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/8293-broadcom-802-11n-network-adapter-windows-7-rc1.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,
my Lenovo S10e Netbook features a Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter Hardware ID DEV_4315 wich used to work perfectly under Win7 7000.

After having installed the RC it sais the driver could not be initialised. Deleting and restarting etc. did not help, Winupdate sais: driver is up to date.

Searching Broadcom's website left me even more confused.....
any help appreciated!

A:Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter fails under RC

I have had a few problems with this broadcom adaptor myself.

When I downloaded the optional update for the driver via Windows 7 update system, it seems to stop working properly just really slow like 5kb/sec.

I have not completely figured out how to get it work to its full potential but its working faster now.

Go to your control panel>system and security>system>device manager

expand network adaptors>broadcom 802.11g network adaptor >rightclick_properties>click_driver_tab>click_roll back driver.

This wil take it it to its previously installed driver, restart the sytem and see if that works, it did for me.

Im on 35kb/sec now, really weak wireless signal but its better than nothing

I dont understand how downloading the proper driver makes it not work, stupid!

Hope this helps!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/8823-broadcom-802-11g-network-adapter-fails-under-rc.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello Sorry my first post is going to be a help me plz post but I m reaaally stumped I was downloading updates through Windows Update a few days ago and I selected a few of the drivers that appeared as options Unfortunately that was a mistake My laptop worked fine for a short time before it froze on me and the next time I booted I could not find the Broadcom b g WLAN entry in the Local Area Connection under Network Connections that I usually with b/g Broadcom 802.11 adapter..? Issues WLAN have It does show up under the device manager and claims to be working properly but it really isn t I can Issues with Broadcom 802.11 b/g WLAN adapter..? t view any nearby wireless connections at all so I really don t think it s a problem with my router or anything like that There s a switch at near the bottom of my laptop where I also plug in my headphone and microphone when my wireless connection works it is Issues with Broadcom 802.11 b/g WLAN adapter..? a blue light If it s off disabled not working it s an orange When I switch it on off right at startup it freezes the computer Not sure if that random info would help but there you go I tried reinstalling the original drivers that came with my computer many many MANY times And I tried looking online for newer drivers from the HP site by looking up my model number and downloading installing the driver but nothing When I do an ipconfig all the Broadcom doesn t show up at all So renewing releasing doesn t work I tried resetting BIOS settings as well I looked up the device in device manager and I can t even view my Device Instance ID Comes up as ROOT MS PSCHEDMP Some basic computer specs dv ca HP pavilion Windows XP MCE AMD Turion x Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

I have a gateway gz with a Broadcom BCM mpg wireless card The trouble is that i can t seem broadcom stay installed! adapter won't to get it installed once in a while the computer detects it and shows it as already installed sometimes there s no trace of it When i unplugged the card and plugged it back in plug-and-play identified and installed it and then prompted me to restart After restarting there was no trace of the device again broadcom does not supply drivers for the card broadcom adapter won't stay installed! gateway does not broadcom adapter won't stay installed! either I found some drivers online and tried to use them but their installation applications don t work either If i got to Add Remove Hardware in the control panel and try adding it with quot have disk quot i fthe inf file but it doesn t seem to read it because the broadcom adapter won't stay installed! quot next quot button stays grayed-out and there is no device on the list to select I really would like to know what to do now in accordance with custom Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethern et Physical Address -E -B - -C - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G Wireless U SB Adapter rev B Physical Address - - -E -F - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November P M Lease Expires Wednesday November PM C Documents and Settings gt ipconfig all p s i am using a friends wireless usb adapter right now nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

Let me first start by saying what put me in this position is pure stupidity mixed with a little ignorance Please be gentle I wanted to format but I could not find my vista cds so I just took my XP cd from a past desktop also Dell Yes I see in hind sight that was a bad idea Nevertheless I had the Vista cds sent to me from Dell I formatted back to Vista and saw that a driver was not functioning I sent my computer through Network Adapter Broadcom Issue 802.11n the gauntlet of Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Issue the dell diagnostics that took Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Issue a little over an hour and nothing was found wrong Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Issue I continued to use the drivers online and on the vista cd to reinstall the quot Broadcom n Network Adapter quot driver Nothing seems to work I do not know if this helps but it did work in the past I have had the laptop for roughly a year I believe this is used for wireless internet since that is the only thing not working There is a way for me to quot turn on the wireless internet quot using Function F but when I use that combination like I have in the past the light does not light up next to Caps Lock and Scroll Lock etc Please if anything needs clarification I will gladly answer any questions I know the answer will be simple but I just don't know it Thanks I have a Dell Inspiron Notebook Everything I have complained about I was able to do before I chose to format with XP and it came pre-installed from Dell I can connect through the internet but only through a wired connection

A:Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Issue

When I changed my laptop it came with Vista, when I tried to use my Broadcom adaptor the monitoring tool that used to sit in the bottom bar is no longer there as it was under XP.
It looks as if the monitoring tool is not supported under Vista.
The adaptor still works though, just disable your internal wireless card if you have one and the computer should automatically display the new Broadcom connection in your network settings.
Hope this helps

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/177789-broadcom-802-11n-network-adapter-issue.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, My wifi is getting too much disconnected on windows 10 OS. I think its a driver issue.  its getting annoyed. Can you please guide me how can i fix this ?(Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter)

A:Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b Wi-Fi Adapter - is getting disconnec...

if u need some information about my pc , please ask as product number, hardware id or serial number.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-4313GN-802-11b-Wi-Fi-Adapter-is-getting-disconnect/td-p/5676801
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello there, I've got some problems with my adapter, i cant connect to any network until it connects autmatically.if i try to connect manually it resets. I talked to HP they just updated my bios and drivers but it did not work. now it'sdropping my connection and it does not work for few minutes. there are no problems in my network at home.in some cases i cant connect to any network. if i try to connect to any network manually it turn off and i cant find any other network. sorry for my bad english  no one has any solution here. i had windows 8 then upgraded to 10 pro. in windows 8 the adaptor was not compatible.  HP 15-AF106NTAMD A8 7410-Radeon R5 APU with dedicated AMD R5 M330 2GB8 GB RAMSan Disk Ultra II SSDBroadcom BCM43142 

A:HELP!! FOR BROADCOM BCM43142 (MANY POSTS BUT NO SOLUTIONS)

Hi: Since I don't know what version Broadcom wlan driver HP installed for you, this is the latest version which is not on your notebook's support page...You may want to give it a try if it is not the version you already have. 7.35.344.10 Rev.A (2 Jun 2016) This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76212.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HELP-FOR-BROADCOM-BCM43142-MANY-POSTS-BUT-NO-SOLUTIONS/td-p/5835401
Relevancy 84.71%

i have a network adapter called "Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter(its wireless)" and my computer says it is experiencing driver or hardware issues. I recentley have just re-installed vista on my computer from the disc that comes with it.,and everything on it got deleted(i wanted that to happen). I have done this once before, and my dad has figured out to connect to the internet on it before, but now he can't.i also have a disc that has the drivers that came with my computer, i installed the one that i had on before i re-installed vista, and it says under Device Status: This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click 'Check for solutions'.. but i csn't go on the internet on that computer, so im asking here, if you need any more info to help me, i can probably provide you with it.thanks -Jake*More info* - Driver Version 4.82.28.56 - Driver Date 6/21/2006.

A:Help - Broadcom 802.11n Network adapter Driver fix? (CODE 10)

Update/Reinstall the driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316577/help-broadcom-80211n-network-adapter-driver-fix-code-10/
Relevancy 84.71%

Here is what happened I have a DELL XPS all in one computer I reinstalled my operating system windows vista and wiped my computer clean Before I did this my wireless broadcom adapter was working I have reinstalled all the Broadcom Problem: 10) Network (code 802.11n Adapter drivers including trying to install the broadcom network adapter I've gone to dells website and put in my tag and it pulls up drivers I need which I installed I've checked under device manager and the Problem: Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (code 10) only driver with a yellow triangle is the broadcom n networkd adapter I've tried updating but am told I have the latest software and Problem: Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (code 10) when I troubleshoot the problem it tells me this device cannot start code When I tried to install the driver and got to extracting the networkd adapter it doesn't run any type of setup exe - it just opens a folder with files but without any exe file I had this problem when I first bought the computer and wiped it but it was under warranty so Dell remotely took over my computer and fixed it but that was many years ago and I don't know remember what they did I've tried installing the broadcom network adapter driver from the disk that came with it and from the internet i'm currently plugged into my modem I'm fairly computer friendly but this is a problem I have yet to be able to figure out

A:Problem: Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (code 10)

What is the service tag for your Dell?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512841/problem-broadcom-80211n-network-adapter-code-10/
Relevancy 84.71%

Can anyone suggest anything for the Wireless adapter tripping out after upgrading Win 8 to windows 8.1? Computer used to work fine on Win 8. Now I cant download large files or watch TV or you Tube or live Football 30 feet away from the Router. Yet it worked good on Windows 8. Anyone having similar problems? Is it possible to return to Windows 8? I did not make a Restore USB at Windows 8 but did a Restore USB for Win 8.1.

A:BROADCOM 4352 wireless adapter trips out

The Broadcom drivers aren't installing the right one but if you can visit the Windows Update Center using a wired connection there is a new driver for Broadcom that works.

Lenovo and Dell both have drivers for the 4352 as well.
Broadcom WLAN 4352, 4313, 43227 Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - ThinkCentre Systems

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35858-broadcom-4352-wireless-adapter-trips-out.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I've had my Gateway NE R U for over a year now and it's served me wonderfully I can't say a year is spectacular mileage compared to having the same desktop for years but I stick by it's side through and through That said it has Broadcom bugged? or Network Broken Adapter 802.11n - given me a fair share of Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter - Broken or bugged? it's own frustrations The power jack has broken on it twice The first time I took it to a professional and paid handsomely for it The second time I ordered the part myself and took the laptop apart to do the work Everything was fine during reassembly but there was one white wire that seemed out of place where it was It had no nook or cranny Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter - Broken or bugged? to fit into it snaked in one end of the board and around the other it did a loop around to the wifi card and as I reassembled my motherboard I couldn't wrap my head around where it might fit into and how to get it in a safe spot so I just left it where I found it Right Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter - Broken or bugged? between the motherboard and the keyboard Flash forward to about a month ago I've been getting spotty wifi signals They usually don't cause me huge headaches bars to so some things go from taking a few seconds to taking about a minute When I'm trying my hardest to play games that require an internet connection I would disconnect a few times which is a shame but it'd usually plateau after disconnecting four or five times Then just two days ago the laptop stops connecting to the internet At first I figured that Verizon was just busy doing maintenance so I sat it out but after about an hour I began to think that something was truly wrong I went to connect to the network and apparently there were no networks to connect to My laptop couldn't find anything So I sighed turned on a movie on Windows Media Player cracked open my backup Macbook and started to look up a solution figuring it to be a problem with the drivers that wasn't physical After days of searching I've done a soft reset and found that the driver is still there but it either doesn't have enough memory or simply cannot get enough memory to the wifi card to do its work I put two and two together and realized that the white wire might be damaged to the point where it can't transfer anything to the card I fear that being exposed above the motherboard while also being subject to the heat the laptop can generate plus the added potential of being struck when I used excessive keystrokes has caused it to break Before I crack my laptop open I checked my drivers to see if there was anything I could do and figured I'd consult somebody about what this truly means I've posted a screenshot of the driver and it's problem in device manager I'm running Norton antivirus with it to make sure that it isn't from something malicious and then I'll open it up to check out that wire Worst case scenario I'll need to order a new wire maybe a new wifi card but I can't imagine it taking that much if any damage from this Specs Gateway NE R U Laptop CPU Intel Core i - M RAM GB DDR Memory Wifi Card Broadcom b g n Is this enough to get a verdict of whether or not the laptop is damaged or it's the work of a bug virus Is it possible that this could indicate a fix that doesn't require me having to pop it off and open to strip a wire or two What about the Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter I know that it's usually off or not necessary but it has the same error as this driver Error Is that relevant to this Any and all help you can offer would be appreciated thank you

A:Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter - Broken or bugged?

Look in the Driver tab. If it is showing the driver from Microsoft. You need to go to Gateway and download their proper driver for your machine.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48897-broadcom-802-11n-network-adapter-broken-bugged.html
Relevancy 84.71%

i recently replaced my hardrive cause my old one went to hell, i reinstalled windows vista home premium 32 Bit, after trying to get online forever i found that the "Broadcom 802.11N network adapter Driver" wasnt working properly, i uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it said that it was unsuccessful in reinstalling the driver, i looked on this forum and found a program called radarsync, downloaded it on my phone and transferred it to my computer and it didnt work...im basically lost, does anyone know how to fix this issue/know of the correct drivers/driver to download, attached are pictures of whats going on with it,

thanks in advance!!

Adam Scott

A:Broadcom 802.11N network adapter Driver problem

Can you hook up your computer to the internet using an Ethernet cable?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/293243-broadcom-802-11n-network-adapter-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 84.71%

As soon as my win10 starts up it gives me this error "broadcom 802.11 network adapter doesn't work" 

A:broadcom 802.11n network adapter fails to start.

Hello, What model do you own exactly?Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/broadcom-802-11n-network-adapter-fails-to-start/td-p/431788/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.71%

I have an HP dv6-6c10us laptop with a Broadcom 802.11n wireless adapter.  It worked fine on Win 7.  When I upgraded to Win 10, it stopped working.  The driver has not been updated since 6/2/13. Until the driver gets updated by Broadcom or HP, this computer is now a desktop. Any suggestions on how to get the wireless adapter doing under Windows 10?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-dv6-6c10us-Broadcom-802-11n-wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5795102
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi everybody I have several issues with my Broadcom n Network Adapter My system is a Windows x Enterprise with Boot Camp running on a Macbook Pro Since a couple of weeks ago this adapter has 10, 12, Code Broadcom 802.11n 45 Adapter errors Network been very unstable Usually I observe this pattern The device works and I'm connected to some wireless network After a while the network goes into Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter errors Code 12, 10, 45 quot No internet access quot with the yellow triangle in the taskbar out of the blue I try to disconnect and reconnect from the network I'm connected or I try to disable and re-enable the wireless adapter the result is identical The device disappears from the Device Manager list in the sense that is not there anymore If prior to it disappearing I left a device manager window open I see the error quot This device cannot start Code This device does not exist quot or quot Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code quot It's like I physically unplugged it from the system indeed I still can see it in quot Hidden Devices quot Alternatively the device is still in the Device Manager list with the Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter errors Code 12, 10, 45 error quot This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code quot Sometimes when I click quot scan for hardware changes quot the device disappears I reboot Now sometimes I even have to reboot - times but after that I see the device back again in the device manager list The device is either shown as quot Unknown Device quot or as a generic quot Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter errors Code 12, 10, 45 Network Controller quot Broadcom Network adapter with the yellow triangle In all these cases I have to re-install the drivers I reinstall the drivers reboot and things go back to step Things I tried to do with no success Clean Uninstall Reinstall the device drivers even from the state where the adapter is working Trying both Boot Camp drivers and drivers from the manual installation list that you see via Browse my computer for driver software gt Let me pick from a list of device drivers in my computer Clean Uninstall Reinstall of the whole Boot Camp drivers suiteDisabling re-enabling the Device several times without reinstalling Some quick facts The device now and then pops in the device manager with a progressive number something like quot Broadcom n Network Adapter quot quot Broadcom n Network Adapter quot and so on Indeed if I show even the hidden devices I see the old ones as disconnected and the current one that is working as or Same thing as for the wireless adapter I see in Network and Sharing Center gt Change Adapter Settings Sometimes it is quot Wi-Fi quot instead of the regular quot Wi-Fi quot There might be a conflict somewhere I think After reinstalling the device it has no memory anymore of the visited networks in the sense that I always have to re-enter the WiFi password I guess this is expected I remember prior to this mess I was deleting some unused networks via regedit following this procedure method three I suspect something might have gone horribly wrong there Regards Stefano This thing really freaks me out I was born in the dogma that if I chain-reboot a computer without performing any operations the state should always be the same Guess it's not the case

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/44798-broadcom-802-11n-network-adapter-errors-code-12-10-45-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi there - my wireless adapter seems like its dead My laptop isn t detecting it and I cannot connect to wireless networks The light to indicate if the wireless is on or not is showing orange off instead of blue on when in fact the switch is in the on position I ve tried installing the broadcom driver again but it didn t help I m just about to call up HP to have it serviced unless anyone has any suggestions What really gets to me is that my laptop is just about and a years old and this is the second time this exact same problem has occurred Last time this happened it was almost at the end of the warranty and I was able to have it repaired under the warranty Now I m guessing I ll have to pay for the repair - the warranty is finished This second problem has occurred during a SHORTER time span - in about Problem wireless broadcom with network adapter - months Last time HP s affiliates who repaired it said the problem was the motherboard so the motherboard was replaced or was it just repaired So I m out of ideas I don t even use the wireless much Most of the time I m connected to the internet via ethernet What actually Problem with broadcom wireless network adapter causes this problem Does anyone Problem with broadcom wireless network adapter know how much having this repaired or having the wireless adapter or motherboard replaced would cost My laptop is a Compaq V au in case anyone s interested lol Sorry for my essay Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Problem with broadcom wireless network adapter

i know this problem. first, try to update your BIOS. if this will helps so, the problem disappeared.
second problem connected with southbridge chip(mini-PCI-express is bus which connected directly to southbridge)
third. i recommend to sell this laptop. this platform has VERY BAD QUALITY of motherboard and has development errors(lack of northbridge and videochip heatsink). HP tried to fix this problem with new BIOS in which they changed passive thermal cooling temperature, but this is not right way.
and fourth try to replace the Wi-Fi adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-broadcom-wireless-network-adapter.105499/
Relevancy 83.85%

Wireless card BROADCOM BCM43142

Slow Speeds on Windows 10 x64

Please help me fix it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-broadcom-bcm43142-problem.1163484/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi recently i purchased this (HP Notebook 15-ay083nia ) laptop.  But in HP support  page didn't get this driver enlisted.This one has  Wi-fi (Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 b/g/n  M.2) & bluetooth combo chip .  For Bluettoth i installed sp66402  & for Wi- Fi  sp70616 . But wi-fi signal strenth is very poor and not stable at all  although router is near by. Other laptops are working fine just mine one giving less signal strength. please help. 

A:Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi / Bluetooth combo chip Ad...

The driver is located in two places. 1) on the recovery flash drive that you should have created by now. 2) in the HP Recovery Manager that you can access while you are logged into Windows.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-Bluetooth-combo-chip/td-p/5845822
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi, I recently (less then 1 month ago) bought my new HP 17-y071nb. However, 3 days ago it started crashing constantly, giving the blue screen of death with a note, and then it rebooted...I'm not a tech savy guy, but I was able to trace the problem to the broadcom BCM43142 wireless driver. I've tried updating it but no newer version could be found.The stopcode my bluescreen mentions is as follows:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDWhat has failed: bcmwl63a.sys Can anyone help out, as this is very frustrating that a newly bought notebook has such issues so fast.... Regards, Hendrik  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/broadcom-BCM43142-causes-my-new-HP-notebook-to-crash/td-p/5734924
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi there,I've reserved Win 10 upgrade. GetWin10 App says my Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter (Dell Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card Driver) isn't fully compatible with Win 10 and I'll experience connectivity problems on my machine after upgrading. I can't get any drivers from Dell/Broadcom site that are compatible with Win 10 on my machine. Does it mean after upgrading to Win 10 I'll lose wireless connection on my laptop or Win10 will support my device out of the box? How to fix that issue?

A:support for broadcom virtual wireless adapter for windows 10

it means your laptop will use windows universal drivers for wifi which will results weaker signal, it will be better for you to wait until official drivers are out for your model then install the driver after installing windows 10 to keep your signal strength.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19642748
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi, I have recently installed Broadcom 802.11n Network adapter and its causing freezing problem in my laptop. Everything works fine for few minutes then screen freezes, there is no response of mouse and keyboard, I have to press power button to restart again. I have updated driver using Device Manager and manual downloading zip files from various tutorials. Still the problem exists.
However the problem does not occur on Linux OS. I can use Laptop all day on Linux.
My configurations
Model: Dell Inspiron 3537
Dual Boot: Windows 10 and Linux Mint
Bios Version: A08
Other configurations is same as the time of purchase of laptop.  Please help me to solve this problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981881
Relevancy 83.42%

XPS Corsair HX PSU GB Corsair RAM A Bios Firmware Window Ultimate with all updates Intel SSD Disappeared wired Broadcom Network XPS8300 Adapter USB upgrade pci card SATA nbsp pcie card Graphics card update killed my wired network adapter nbsp Upgraded from GTX card to GTX card Changed card then rebooted Windows installed new drivers and card worked XPS8300 Broadcom wired Network Adapter Disappeared great Problem is the Broadcom BCM network card onboard disappeared from Device Manager I have done everything that I could find on the Net to try getting it back it is enabled in bios most recent drivers were reinstalled cleared CMOS but didn t take it back to factory firmware uninstalled wifi adapter and reinstalled tried several regedit tricks to get the adapter back into device manager--showed up in hidden devices but was not enabled--uninstalled it and tried reinstalling got Error code now I can t get the regedit trick to show it in device manager no quot scan for new hardware quot works nbsp Not having it attached to my LAN makes this system basically unusable for what I use it for so even tough it otherwise is working great I do need a wired adapter---it is out of pci plugins so adding a card isn t possible Looking at the Broadcom files in System files folder show them installed but disabled Anyone have any ideas on how to get it enabled

A:XPS8300 Broadcom wired Network Adapter Disappeared

Reinstalling the WiFi adapter isn't going to help with an onboard NIC problem. Try disabling the WiFi adapter in Device Manager, if it's enabled now, and then reboot.
Is this the Broadcom NIC driver you installed?
Is it possible that video card isn't compatible with this system, and/or there's a conflict between the card and the NIC for resources (IRQs)?
Did you set a System Restore point before installing the new card and its drivers? You might try re-installing the original video card and its drivers (or reverting to that System Restore point after the old card is re-installed) to see if the NIC works again.
Have you tried running the Windows networking troubleshooter to see if it can identify problem(s)?
And if all else fails, there's always a USB>Ethernet dongle which will give you a wired connection to the LAN. I use one of these on a laptop that doesn't have an onboard NIC and it works fine.  In your case, just be sure to disable the onboard NIC in BIOS setup before connecting the dongle to the PC and loading its drivers.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989020
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello I have experienced conditions where the internet completely disconnects and the wireless network broadcom adapter Diagnose internet ? with 802.11g disconnects network is no longer shown on the list to connect to all wireless networks quot disappear quot from the list I have tried many actions to try to fix the problem reseting the network adapter enabling and disabling it also and following the windows troubleshooting guide This continues to occur a few times per day on average The only way I can see a wireless network is to restart the entire computer which takes minutes Everytime I restart the whole computer the wireless networks are shown again on the list to connect to I don't think there's a problem with the internet service because this happens every time but it appears that there is I would like to know additional actions I can take to be able to Diagnose internet disconnects with broadcom 802.11g network adapter ? re-connect to the wireless network when it is shown to have disconnected and disappeared from the list and not able to connect to without having to restart the entire computer every time Is there some services I can restart or other settings I can change to be able to see and reconnect to the wireless networks again thanks steve

A:Diagnose internet disconnects with broadcom 802.11g network adapter ?

Hi there,

Are you using any 3rd party wireless manager/software?

Can you please a Xirrus snip capture from your computer while connected to a wireless network? You may download Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345182-diagnose-internet-disconnects-broadcom-802-11g-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 82.99%

OK I decided to post my problem here as Broadcom tells you to contact the manufacturer Download Slow - Speeds Broadcom BCM43142 Random and HP makes you go though hoops for sending a message to customer support nbsp I have a HP G notebook and I Random Slow Download Speeds - Broadcom BCM43142 been having a problem while using the WiFi The problem is that the WiFi will randomly develop a condition where the download speeds are extremely slow as if I'm using a dial-up modem Pages take forever to load or even connect to I know this isn't a problem with my ISP or router as other devices connected to my WiFi don't suffer from this The WiFi adapter is a Broadcom BCM which seems to have numerous complaints about dropped connections and slow speeds When my speeds slow down to a crawl I found that disabling then re-enabling the device in device manager or restarting Windows restores the download speeds This makes me think that the driver is at fault and is causing the random slow speeds I've updated the driver to the latest version from HP's site but the problem remains The updated driver did fix an issue with the signal strength meter randomly bouncing up and down even when the notebook was right in front of the router There's an even newer version available but that version is only for Windows As mentioned my problem appears to be driver related I hope someone from HP will read this and look into this problem It's an inconvenience disabling enabling the driver every time the WiFi slows down to a crawl

A:Random Slow Download Speeds - Broadcom BCM43142

OK. Since I'm getting nowhere with this issue, can anyone suggest a replacement WiFi adapter that has the same or similar specs as the Broadcom BCM43142? (preferably Intel or Atheros)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Random-Slow-Download-Speeds-Broadcom-BCM43142/td-p/5496550
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a Dell Inspiron N4030 Laptop running Windows 7 64 bit SP1 my computer is ready to upgrade to Windows 10 except for a message that says my Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter in not compatible with Windows 10. Are there any driver updates for the Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter that will correct this problem?

A:Inspiron N4030, Windows 10, Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter

I have the same problem. Dell Inspiron N4030 W7 x64 SP1. If somebody has the answer I will thank them.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19645408
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello everyone
My XPS15 9550 HW config is (256GB SSD/8G RAM/ 1830 WLAN card) and i already upgrade all driver & BIOS to latest version from Dell website, till now still occur system response will very slow or hang up on below two condition and already try to re-install win10 O.S many cycles.
those problem is seriously impact my job everyday, till now Dell still can't provide efficacious solution to fix.
have other people also occur those problem? 
1. connect to internal via 1830 wlan card + office SW.
2. connect to internal via 1830 wlan card + connect external monitor via DA200 type-c adapter.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981720
Relevancy 76.97%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 76.11%

i am using my HP Pavilion g4-2309tx about years.it is performing very well since last year.But two days ago i found that wifi in my laptop is not working and the wifi adaper rt3290 of my lapter overheating very badly.can anyone give me the solution of this problem?
my pc configuration is:
HP Pavilion g4-2309tx Model#4B12PA [personal information removed] os:windows8.

A:rt3290 wifi adapter over heating and wifi is not working

What led you to the assumption that the WLAN card in the notebook is overheating?  Have you previously had any problems with the WiFi?  Have you made any changes or software installations lately?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/rt3290-wifi-adapter-over-heating-and-wifi-is-not-working/td-p/5698177
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi
To clarify, my laptop Lenovo Y510p is able to connect wifi by it self, but it's wireless card is 802.11n, it only can use 2.4 ghz. So i decide to add a wifi adapter D-link DWA 160,  with updated driver. And every time i use the adapter to wifi, it disable
itself from laptop, also a lot of time it disconnect even i was not using it. when i open the change adapter setting, the adapter go 1) attempting to authenticate 2)enable 3) disable 4) gone for 1 second and back to attempting to authenticate again. The entire
process only need 5 second. And i want it to stop doing that.Please Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f95bd229-2e72-47f2-a60d-52d21b026872/wifi-adapter-keep-disconnecting-when-connected-to-wifi?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 74.39%

Actually my wifi adapter can catch all other wifi signal except my wifi router.

A:my notebook wifi adapter don't get my wifi router

There are several resons.1. The wifi signal might be too weak at the point where the computer is.2. Other device radiation/signals might be blocking it.3. Your router signal might be hodden (check EWS of router).4. Signal broadcasting might have been turned off on router. Since other signals are found on the computer, there shouldnt be a issue with your couputer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-notebook-wifi-adapter-don-t-get-my-wifi-router/td-p/5725324
Relevancy 74.39%

So, there are many articles out there that will show you how to use cmd prompt to create a wifi hotspot (eg: this article Internet Connection Sharing - Create WiFi HotSpot)

However, is there anyway to do this with TWO separate wifi adapters? That is, use one adapter to connect to your router and the other to act as the router? Some articles seem to indicate this is the ideal setup but no one seems to specify how to control which wifi adapter is used to create the wifi hostpot in command prompt.

Thanks for any help.

If I can get the basics to work, the next step is to try to integrate a VPN so that I can basically use my PC as a VPN router (but with no physical ethernet connection).

A:Creating Wifi hotspot using SECOND wifi adapter

It is no different than bridging an Ethernet and Wifi adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69140-creating-wifi-hotspot-using-second-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a Netgear WGR614v9 router and was wondering if its possible to use this as a wireless adapter for my computer?? I think it might support the DDWRT open source firmware??? I am wanting to do this STRICTLY as a learning purpose.

Relevancy 74.39%

Everyone's had the problem of wanting to disable the wifi miniport, or enable it to share wifi.

I have a different problem. I would like to change which wireless device the wifi miniport uses, as the external USB wireless adapter I was using died. I cannot see the wifi miniport adapter without that device attached, it seems. I don't even know if the wifi adapter even as options to select which wireless card to use even if I could get it to appear.

Is there a way to do this without having to resort to reinstalling Windows 7?

I am fairly familiar with netsh. No command line option seems to be available to switch network adapters for the wifi miniport.

It also appears that it will simply not switch to the only wireless network adapter detected, and I know it will host a virtual wifi network, I've done ICS/AdHoc before.

A:How does one change which wifi adapter the wifi miniport uses?

I tried the solution in this link: How to change default Microsoft Virtual WiFi miniport adapter?

This did not work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341191-how-does-one-change-wifi-adapter-wifi-miniport-uses.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I just recently got mifi from Verizon. I got it for my desktop, daughters laptop and my ipad. I did not realize that I would have to have a wifi adapter to use it on my desktop. What is the best one to get? Thanks in advance.

A:WIFI adapter, which one is the best?

Pretty much any name brand adapter will do the trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-which-one-is-the-best.957373/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all nice to be here.
Now this is my scenario. .laptop acer 5349
Made image (custom)from acer laptop with 2gb,250gb hdd, win7 home prem. and restored to 500 gb Seagate hdd and added 4 more gb ram.
Everything went well..ram shows up ..hard drive good.
However. ...there is no way to make wifi adapter to work. Ive read on the back of pc model of adapter..found drivers...installed and still cannot connect to internet. I can do with cable but not wifi. I can see network computers, router..thats not a problem.
So...how can we make this thing to work?

A:Wifi adapter

Does the laptop keyboard Fn key?

Is there some other key that turns the wireless radio on/off when used in combination with the Fn key? Look for symbols on the function keys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380048-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I am going from a router in my house to a laptop in my shop which is about 80' away. My old laptop finally gave up, but it was working good before as it had a built in Wifi. My question is I am wanting to place a desktop computer that does not have Wifi in my shop and was wondering which Wifi adapter to use.

The 2 that I am looking at are:

1. TP-LINK TL-WN722N ----- here is a link to one listed for sale on Newegg: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16833704045

2. Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless 11n Nano Size USB Adapter ---- link:http://www.walmart.c...apter/17419471
Which of these 2 will give the best signal strength, speed, etc. or are there other Wifi adapters that are priced under $20 or so that are better?
Thanks ~ Dan

A:Which Wifi Adapter?

I have had really good range with one of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ3446025

Solid 5 bar signal from over 100 feet away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-wifi-adapter.1153736/
Relevancy 73.1%

In searching the web for a wifi adapter for my desktop PC, I find both adapter cards to be installed inside the case as well as "dongels" which connect to an external USB port. Is it safe to assume that the technology & thus the performance would be the same, ie not dependent on where the adapter is installed?
I would like to connect via wifi to a router located about 600 feet from my apartment, so perhaps an adapter with the ability to add a high gain antenna might be the way to go?
Am considering Rosewill RNX-G300LX and Rosewill RNX-G1.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Relevancy 73.1%

Guys, what do you think, which wifi adapter is the best for under 100$ ?

These guys at www.uawifi.com claim they have the most powerful on the market....and it is made in USA. What do you think? Has any of you tried this product?

Relevancy 73.1%

Could anyone recommend me a good wireless USB Adapter that's not too expensive, around $15-$25. I have a USB adapter but the speed isn't what I'm paying for. I should be getting around 20-25mbps but this adapter is only getting around 9-10mbps.

Relevancy 73.1%

when ever i open my laptop i find my wifi adapter disable and it is also not shown in device manager or in network setting.only ethernet connection is available but its creates a lot of issues for mei have to use my laptop in ubiversity and in office wwhere only wifi is available and i face problems there  so please help me with this issue so that i could be able to use may wifi once again without any issuethanks in advance and looking forward for your reply  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter/td-p/5817402
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a desktop and a apple iphone

Is the wifi adapter all I need to create a wifi hotspot so that I can get wirelessly online with my iphone?

I don't know for sure. All that I do know is that my PC doesn't have a WIFI adapter. But after installing the newest software version 4 and enabling WIFI on the iPhone, I now have WIFI access called "Jigs" whenever I am near my PC. I suspect that it is using my FIOS router's wireless for this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349571/wifi-adapter/
Relevancy 73.1%

My Pavilion 15 notebook has turned an occasional WiFi fault into a regular one. The wifi drops out and there is nothing in network settings about wifi at all. Device manager will occasionally show the wifi adapter, realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n, but usually it isn't even there. On the odd ocasion it shows up, properties says there is a problem with this device - this device doesn't exist. Great. Realtek are hopeless as they seem to provide no support. I cannot roll back drivers, installing new ones doesn't work and system restore doesn't fix it. Can I replace it with one that actually works? Do I need a specific type? This problem is likely to result in the laptop taking an unauthorised flight to the bottom of my garden if not resolved as I am an angry ginger person who wants things to just do their job, it's not as if it needs to do much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter-amp-W10/td-p/5767959
Relevancy 73.1%

Will the WiFi Adapter work with my Acer ASPIRE 5732Z/5332 LAPTOP

A:WiFi Adapter

According to the product specs at the end of the Quick Guide, that laptop has built in WiFi. Why do you need to add a WiFi Adapter to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter.1046622/
Relevancy 73.1%

hi i have an acer laptop which has no built in wifi adapter but i use a Netgear WG111T wireless usb adapter and has been working fine until 1 day i plugged in a ScanDisk Cruzer Micro usb memory stick and the program came up and everythink and i could use but it had somehow stopped my wifi adapter from working and the Wireless Network Connection status thing on the bottom right hand corner of the screen had dissappeared and it doesnt show it on the screen anymore even wen i turn my laptop on and off. and i have tried everything such as plugging my wifi adapter in and out and taking out the usb memory stick and everything but it jst doesnt seem to work. the wifi adapters not broken at all, you can see the light come up wen u plug it in and stuff
som1 please help me!
o ye and i have windows xp

A:help on wifi adapter

Welcome to TSF....

Not knowing what type of programming on the thumb drive and from what you typed I suspect there might be an infection of some sort that has done this please follow the following instructions:

To get Expert Help with malware removal:

I recommend that you read this article… (Simply, click on the links to be re-directed.)

"Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps";
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the
HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum;
not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps,
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum;
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-on-wifi-adapter-253493.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Windows Vista, Dell Inspiron 531 desktop computer. I have the icon in the system tray to connect to a WIFI network. When I open the "Connect to a Network" it says there are no wifi networks. I have wifi through ATT Uverse. If I plug in an adapter, it pulls up the networks in my area and will let me connect. I have downloaded all the drivers and additional drivers I found on Microsoft but the computer still does not find any networks without the adapter. Please help

A:Wifi Adapter?

Your computer has no built-in Wifi, so you need that adaptor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter.1072187/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,

My first post. I have a two part question.

I have a TP-Link TL-WN95N v1 PCI 300 MPS WiFi adapter. I can find no driver to work with it in Windows 8. Else where on the 'net claims were made an Atheros driver was on board but the only Atheros drivers I have is for Ethernet chipsets. I have got no where looking at Atheros.cz or the TP-Link Support site. If anyone can help me with a driver it would be appreciated.

The next part is can someone tell me what PCI WiFi cards will definitely work with Windows 8.

I am running on a wired network at the moment but not very practical as I wheel my desk into another room.

Thanks,

Robert...

A:PCI WiFi Adapter

There are very few drivers or network adaptors that are made to work with Windows 8 as yet. Most network adaptors that worked with Windows 7 will also work with Windows 8.

Your best bet for your TP-Link TL-WN95N v1 PCI 300 MPS WiFi adapter would be to use the Windows 7 driver and install it in compatibility mode.

You can get the full wireless N speeds of 300Mb/s by going into your routers settings and set to use the "802.11n Only mode" and also use WPA2 security with AES encryption as these are made to work at full wireless N speeds. You would also need very good signal strength and a clear wireless channel for full N speeds.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6937-pci-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I want to get the wifi adapter driver such that i can set up a hotspot in my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter/td-p/5703647
Relevancy 73.1%

Which is better, a usb wifi adapter or pci wifi card, for a desktop.

A:Wifi Adapter

either is fine. I think you will find a pci has slightly more power,eg slightly more range, but also have removable antenna. Most notebooks have wifi built in anyway, so portability of the wifi unit isnt an issue. I'd be going with a pci wifi card myself, mainly because of the antenna options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter.103899/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey,
I recently installed a new windows 7 and after that my wifi adapter is missing, I looked around the internet to fix the problem and came up with nothing so now I am here. I have turned on from the key shortcut (fn+f2) but when I go to network and sharing center and from there change adapter settings, only adapter I see is local are connection, but now Wifi adapter. How can I fix it, please help.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager and check the list of devices to see if your wifi adapter is listed - expect to see it with a yellow tag which shows the system has found it but not been able to install the drivers for it. Double click on the device and then the driver tab; click on update driver and wait for the system to find a solution - I am assuming you have a cable connection to the internet as you clearly have access by another means.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter.206087/
Relevancy 73.1%

I need an adapter to enable a LAN via Remote Desktop between my two rigs running W7 x64 Pro. I got to thinking about using a USB adapter, in lieu of a PCI controller, primarily for ease and simplicity, but have never dealt with either option before. Are USB adapters equal to PCI adapters, or is one better than the other? Which ever I use will have to talk with my ZyXel X550 router.

EDIT: The LAN will be operating in a permanent range of ~12 feet, going through one wall. I have no idea of how much bandwidth is required for RDP to function properly.

A:WIFI USB Adapter

Do not go with a dongle, a usb network adapter... I recently bought a Belkin USB adaptor and it has caused me so much stress and after two weeks is still not installed. My intial advice would be to stay wired but if that is not an option a wireless card in a PCI has a better advantage...running something as fiddly as a network through a USB port kind of seems wrong to me. Although I have no experience of network PCI cards I'm sure they beat the hell I had with my Belkin dongle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/53096-wifi-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Well I have ASUS K SV I made clean installation with Win Ultimate x before I had Home premium I downloaded wlan driver from asus com support but i doesn't work Then I found disk with drivers it came Need adapter wifi with pc when I bought it but the same After disk installation I just can tur on off the wifi light with Fn F But I have only one Need wifi adapter adapter in Network Sharing center and its for ethernet In device manager after driver installation I have yellow waring with my wifi adapter Ok I need to update driver choose from my computer driver but when I done that it says I have newest version already I could try choosing from driver list on my computer but I'm scared if i choose there some wrong driver and then having blue screen Windows and how can I know my Need wifi adapter adapter manufacturer In home page with my model compatable are intel and Azurewave why two Ouu and when I bought pc there was Win Home premium and then wifi worked but the Need wifi adapter icon in right bottom corner looked like no wifi connectons available but it worked that was weird d like - gt https encrypted-tbn gstatic com i aoJONi fj Ys K

A:Need wifi adapter

Hope this helps
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282020-need-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Has anyone tried UAWIFI UA3 usb wifi adapter from uawifi.com? I need some info. from real users before I buy it.
Todd
One RV for everyone

A:Best USB wifi Adapter?

Well I don't know how much help this will be to you, I have a friend spending some time in china using a very similar looking thing, couldn't get him online right now to get the exact name and model, but it even looks nearly identical,... except it's black in color.

He absolutely loves it, says it will pick up a typical wifi signal nearly a mile from it's source.
(of course he's kind of out in the middle of nowhere so he's probably doing better than average)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/155915-best-usb-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,

I recently installed win xp 64 ultimate and the my drivers for a usb wifi adapter. Everything went fine and I can go online. Whenever I restart my computer the USB adapter does not work and I have to pull it out and insert it back in and the device gets reinstalled and then begins to work.

Any solutions?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/221627-usb-adapter-wifi.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi !! I need your help, as my WIFI adapter is corrupted and i need to replace it.After opening the back cover and removing the WIFI adapter  if found that written: Replace with HP Spare 690020-001    8K1290. Would you please give my any replacement in case  if i didn't find this adapter.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:WIFI Adapter

Dear Customer, Please find the below list of compatible W/LAN cards for your PC.  You can order the part from HP parts store using the link below. Or purchase the part from any computer store. Link: http://hp.care/2eyb3Bh Contact HP Worldwide You can also Check your warranty Here to verify the warranty status  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Adapter/td-p/5830672
Relevancy 72.24%

There are some of devices that were mission from device manager At first there was a problem with wireless adapter I couldn't enable it I tried to reinstall drivers serveral times but it didn't fix the problem So i reformat my system times the problem is still existing It's getting worst now i can't find wireless network adapter, adapter, device items Wirelress in lan reader card manager: Hidden adapter lan network adapter and card reader in device manager It is weird that sometime the Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader wireless adapter appears in device manger those devices come back too I am quite sure that my wireless adapter hardware is ok because i did replace new wireless adapter but the problem still exist I ran some antivirus tools antimalware tools non of them return infected The weirdest issue is that my wireless adapter comes with bluetooth adapter but only bluetooth adapter can be used it works perfectly fine Could you please take a look at this problem im Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader at the deadend this is Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader the weirdest problem i ever had with my laptop and pc Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kritparin at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Bitdefender Antivirus Enabled Updated B F -CAF -DD -C -E B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Bitdefender Antispyware Enabled Updated EB F -ECC -D -FED -DC A D FW Bitdefender Firewall Enabled A D - -DCCF-EF F- E DBCD CF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system notepad exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO IDM integration IDMIEHlprObj Class C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll BHO Bitdefender Wallet DAC C - D - AB - A-B D CD A - C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender Antispam pmbxie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files Microsoft Office root office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Microsoft Web Test Recorder Helper DDA - - ed - D - D EC D D - C Program Files x Microsoft Visual Studio Common IDE PrivateAssemblies Microsoft VisualStudio QualityTools RecorderBarBHO dll EB Web Test Recorder D - - - CDB- B D D - uRun Bitdefender Wallet Agent C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pmbxag exe uRun Bitdefender Wallet C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pwdmanui exe --hidden --nowizard uRun Bitdefender Wallet Application Agent C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender antispam bdapppassmgr exe uRun DAEMON Tools Lite C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe -autorun uRun IDMan C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe onboot uRun AdobeBridge lt no file gt mRun THX Audio Control Panel C Program Files x Creative THX TruStudio Pro THXAudioCP THXAudio exe r mRun UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched C ... Read more

A:Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518236 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518236/hidden-items-in-device-manager-wirelress-adapter-lan-adapter-card-reader/
Relevancy 72.24%

how do i get these to work together one computer has the qwest modem the other the usb and i want to have a wireless connection for internet but they dont connect and see eache other

A:Solved: Bluetooth 2.0 usb adapter class 1 and qwest wireless modem w1000 adapter

Does the bluetooth adapter recognise the modem but can't connect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bluetooth-2-0-usb-adapter-class-1-and-qwest-wireless-modem-w1000-adapter.774464/
Relevancy 72.24%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I got this laptop about a year and a half ago and things were working fine with no problems until a couple weeks ago nbsp The internet connection suddenly went out and the troubleshooter diagnosed it was a network adapter-related problem nbsp The network adapter being used on my laptop is the Realtek RTL BE b g n nbsp nbsp I uninstalled the driver for the adapter Adapter Wifi Disappearing downloaded a newer more updated driver from a separate computer then reinstalled it onto the Wifi Adapter Disappearing affected laptop nbsp This worked for about an hour until the wifi went out again and the network adapter disappeared from Wifi Adapter Disappearing the Device Manager nbsp nbsp Wifi Adapter Disappearing Reseting the computer would bring back the wifi for periods of time between minutes to hours but it would never last nbsp nbsp Finally I reset my computer back to factory settings After doing this the network adapter was present in the Device Manager and the wifi worked fine for a couple days before reverting back to its nonfunctional state nbsp nbsp Does this sound like a hardware problem Is it possible to get my wifi card replaced by hp Or can this issue be solved by fiddling with the software nbsp Thanks so much nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Wifi Adapter Disappearing

Try to disable windows driver updates.windows button+XSystemAdvanced system settings (this is on the top left side of the page)Hardware tab (system properties window)Device installations settingsSelect no After doing this, re-install the correct driver and update the BIOS of the PC.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adapter-Disappearing/td-p/5626796
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi!

I'm having this problem for last one week, after boot my computer just freezes. When I boot without USB Wifi Adapter the computer runs okay. I have 2 different Wifi Adapters, with both of them its the same problem.

I followed this thread [Solved] USB devices freeze computer - Gigabyte - Motherboards-Memory , and disabled usb legacy support. the computer ran fine with USB adapter after that (last night) but today morning again its freezing.

Problem started with TP-Link wifi adapter, now i'm using Linksys Wifi Adapter.

driver update doesn't do a thing.. I read somewhere there could be IRQ conflict, how do i check that?

PC Config - Intel G41, Core2Quad 8300, HD5770, 4GB RAM

Please help!

Thanks

A:USB Wifi Adapter Freezes PC

Do you have the latest drivers for your mobo? Most particular, your chipset driver. If you could fill your complete system specs in your profile are that will help us ascertain your driver needs for your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/268168-usb-wifi-adapter-freezes-pc.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I am a IT illiterate so be gentle.

Wifi is unreliable generally but hopeless since a recent Windows 10 urgent compulsory update. This prompted a bit of checking and I noticed that while I have a TP-Link WN821N V4 Wifi adapter, the device manager identifies it as a Realtek RTL8192CU adapter. Troubleshooting says there are driver issues I need to correct.

I have removed the device in Device manager and plug it in and it still picks up the Realtek RTL8192CU adapter

How can I fix this?

A:Wifi adapter issues

welcome to the forum can you down load www.crewetown.co.uk/wireless.exe right click choose run as admin and post results

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127414-wifi-adapter-issues.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys, me again.

I'm planning to move to Windows 10 but yesterday i found my linksys wusb600n adapter (which is pretty good regarding stability) doesn't have support regarding new drivers since windows 8...i'm on windows 7 currently.

Pretty much i'm gonna need to buy a brand new one, i need an AC one but so far, despite i've been doing some research, all the adapters have issues.

I bought the linksys AC 1200 adapter last year, a completely fail, speed drops and disconections.

i think these 2 are the "best" on the market currently:

1) Asus USB-AC56
2) Netgear’s A6200

Any suggestions? complaints? thanks in advance.

A:Best Wifi AC adapter 2015?

I was just planning to post a similar thread. I am also looking to buy the best USB wireless adapter compatible with Window 7 regardless of its price.

Based on my humble research of your suggested adapters, it seems both are considered great, but not compatible with Windows 10.

Thank you for this thread. And I apologize for derailing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373967-best-wifi-ac-adapter-2015-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I don't know much about computers but from everything Ive read you can uninstall or go to cmd and enter codes to get this adapter to stop working.  I went to device manager and disabled it.  When I go to system information, components, network
and look at my adapters it is enabled.  I started cmd, followed instructions here and disabled it.  After reboot I couldn't connect to the internet.  It said correct driver not installed.  I thought you could connect to the network from
the laptop without this adapter.  Am I misunderstanding something?  Can someone please help?  Like I said, I know nothing about computers.  I just want to connect to our network and internet without using this.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fbc846cd-d3a7-4b71-965d-3d78658abc0d/mv-wifi-miniport-adapter?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 72.24%

I have been having troble with my Realtek wifi adapter, loosing connectivity every now and then. At times troubleshooting will work by Reseting the adapter and I will have my connection back. At other time post reset the wifi adapter would no longer be available and listed in Device MAnager. Most of the times when I restart my system, it will not find any adapter in Device Manager. I have tried everything, but no success; wiped out my system and did a clean install, updated BIOS, moved back from Win 10 to Win 8.1 (which came in my laptop), tried several drivers and still failure. Can someone help on this...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adapter-issue/td-p/5783058
Relevancy 72.24%

hi
i have bought the following item
500mW 300Mbps 802.11n/g/b Wifi USB Wireless LAN Adapter - eBay (item 260533568467 end time Jan-08-10 11:43:54 PST)

it's from a company named kinamax
i am using windows 7 32 bit, and i downloaded the latest drivers from ralink site

my problem is that i can connect to routers, but i dont get internet
i thought that maybe the adapter is bad but i can actually enter the router settings from the browser, which means it's working but something prevents it from working fully

i also tried at another computer with windows xp, but same problem, but with an other 802.11g adapter it does not have this problem and can surf on the net

in other words it's the popular no internet access problem

please help me, thanks

A:usb wifi adapter not working right, need help

The router might not learnt of the new adapter yet. Is the router set to auto config-DHCP?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59532-usb-wifi-adapter-not-working-right-need-help.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So my only network adapter showing under device manager is the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller.

No matter what I do (numerous restarts, run as administrator, etc) I cannot get the WiFi adapter to download from the HP site.

I have an HP G6-1b79dx Windows Professional x64.

A:WiFi Adapter Missing

Hi there .. Can you download any thing from the net .. Or is it just the HP website ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306944-wifi-adapter-missing.html