Windows Support Forum

Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

Q: Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can.

I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a local Admin account (not "Administrator" itself) but with the same rights as Administrator, for example being able to add a new user.

This was possible in previous versions of Windows - can it still be achieved and if so, how?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

You need to add your new local account to the administrators group. To do this log in with your original Administrator account. Then open an elevated command prompt (right click on start and select Command Prompt (admin).

Then type: net localgroup administrators "UserName" /add

where UserName is the name of your new local account.

You can check which users belong to the various groups with these commands:
net localgroup guests
net localgroup users
net localgroup administrators

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56221-give-local-account-admin-rights-same-access-administrator.html
Relevancy 109.43%

Hi it looks lilke my modem LAN and Wi-Fi has died of old age with over-heating complications So I got a USB dongle with works on the admin account but not the Guest account When I try to change its settings this is what I get No options whatsoever This is really frustrating because the admin account was supposed to be my quot play quot account while the Guest account was supposed to be my quot work quot account So I have Google Gears and an entire database of work connected to the browsers on the Guest account I tried moving my Google Gears files using a flashdisk by copying and pasting from the Guest account to the admin account but it didn t work Now I m on an approaching deadline and I can t access Google Gears from browsers on my Guest account because my USB dongle won t work accommodate "Guest" dongle) account rights on Can't Vista admin (to USB give on it What can I do to make the dongle work on the Guest account Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Can't give "Guest" account admin rights on Vista (to accommodate USB dongle)

No you need to create another profile and (not) guest here's how : http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...idden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-give-guest-account-admin-rights-on-vista-to-accommodate-usb-dongle.1025365/
Relevancy 89.28%

Good day all,

I've done a quick search (here and google) but can't find a solution for the following:

Windows 8 pro: I have a user account with admin rights. It used to work fine till one day, after rebooting, I had no tiles in the start view. I ran chkdsk and it seems to have fixed the problem but now when I run any application as "Run as administrator" I get:
Windows cannot find '[The exe]'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again.

If, however, I run the same app as normal and it works - thus the exe exists and there is no problem with the app itself. (Also check in the file system)

If I create a new user with admin rights I get the same issue.

(The other old user with admin rights are working fine.)

Where do I start looking for the problem?

A:User with admin rights can't "Run as administrator" any mo

You could try running:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

&
sfc /scannow

Both need to be run in an administrator command prompt.

Both will take an hour maybe to finish.
Maybe half an hour each.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38684-user-admin-rights-cant-run-administrator-any-mo.html
Relevancy 84.01%

I have only one user account on my laptop (Windows 7) and naturally it is an administrator account.
But when trying to install new software, more often than not, I get a message saying I need to be logged in under an administrator account to continue. Not always but far too often.
For example, today I was simply trying to run my printer setup which I have done at least twice before and it tells me I need to be logged in as an admin.
I have logged out and back in and rebooted repeatedly to no avail.

A:Getting "must be administrator" messages under admin account.

UAC - try disabling it then do what you need to do: Turn User Account Control on or off

Turn back on when done if you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/214633-getting-must-administrator-messages-under-admin-account.html
Relevancy 109.22%

I'd like to assign a few select "domain users" to be local admin over their test machines which log into a domain. The test machines are Windows 7 64bit and the domain is Win2k8 R2. I have been searching around for the best way to do it but I've come up short on my search.

Anyone know off the top of their head?

Thanks

A:Assigning "domain user" to "local admin" on select PCs

Create a new group in AD, for example, TestUsers
Add the required users to the group
Go round each machine and add the group as a member of local admins.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47604-assigning-domain-user-local-admin-select-pcs.html
Relevancy 109.22%

I am trying to download Adobe Digital Editions and I keep receiving the error message

Unable to elevate to administrative rights, error 786

I am the admin! I have turned off the password, I have right clicked on the program and chosen 'run as admin'-then nothing happens.
Any help would be appreciated

A:"Unable to elevate to admin rights" error, when admin user

Try this:

Quote:
SOLUTION: download the setup.exe for ADE, not using the flash install version.

Before you run it, right click on it and check "run as administrator" under the compatability tab. Also under the general tab I clicked on "unblock," which might have made a difference.

From a similar issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/953278?tstart=0

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/359020-unable-elevate-admin-rights-error-when-admin-user.html
Relevancy 109.22%

I recently acquired a XP Pro Solved: in account to "Administrator" access Can't seem quot new quot laptop from PC Exchange This unit was quot off-lease quot and came with Pentium M and gig of Ram Both twice what I had on my previous machine Needless to say I love the performance I originally ordered it without an OS but it arrived with XP Pro installed I have subsequently discovered through examination of the files that Solved: Can't seem to access "Administrator" account in XP Pro although the system had been quot cleaned up quot this is not a fresh XP Pro install but rather the copy that was onboard when released from whatever corp was using it At present I am running ZA free AVG free and A-Squared AntiMalware full-time client Full checks by Ad-Aware Spybot and SuperAntiSpyware come up as clean as AVG and A The new AVG antirootkit also shows clear I cannot seem to access Solved: Can't seem to access "Administrator" account in XP Pro the main Solved: Can't seem to access "Administrator" account in XP Pro Administrator account Curiously when I boot to safe mode unlike my experience with XP Home I am not asked to log into any particular account but rather the system automatically loads my user account complete with custom toolbars Yesterday I activated the Guest account and created a new Admin quot account for myself On next boot the system did not stop to let me choose but rather booted straight through to my normal user account If I log off I arrive at the screen where I can choose accounts but there the quot double ctrl-alt-del quot action does not raise the Administrator account I do have a functional Group Policy editor Actually everything else is functional And currently I am not experiencing any difficulties with the system But I don t feel comfortable in command without access to the quot Administrator quot account I have discovered the registry edit to add the quot Administrator quot account to the quot Welcome Screen quot but since my system doesn t seem to feel it necessary to stop there I m not sure that that will be sufficient My quot Boot ini quot file from msconfig reads as follows boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot noexecute optin fastdetect At this point I am not sure what is simply XP Pro function and what might have been set as default by the previous users I also am not sure about exactly what to do to gain full control Would selecting the option to require users to enter name and password be helpful nbsp

Relevancy 108.36%

Hi all this originally started with an issue with the wireless I recently installed a D-Link DIR- wireless router and did computer only" "local with Vista had with "local ethernet only" access wireless, now a basic setup giving it WPA security My Vista computer originally was able to connect to the router with Internet and before that to the modem directly with Ethernet but it was infected by the Vista Security virus which I removed after following some steps and MBAM Since then it can no longer connect to the wireless network so I Googled the issue and did a few things - Norton Remover - In command prompt ipconfig and netsh some commands that reset refreshed IP DNS or something along those lines - Going to wireless settings and disabling ipV - Going to wireless setting and manually giving it an IP Default Gateway DNS Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet according to the specs that I found by using ipconfig on my working Windows laptop - Updating the Atheros driver to version Somewhere along the way I must ve nipped something important somewhere because now the Vista machine doesn t connect to the internet wirelessly NOR with the Ethernet cable attached Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet The icon in the lower right hand corner shows that the machine sees the router but with Local Access only I ve done an ipconfig all with the machine and here are the results this is with ethernet attached Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HomePC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B- A- E- A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - F-D - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c bf a c b cbf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CF B -A - C B- DA-FC A D br CD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AA -A C- F-AFBB-DC F br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F AFB E -A E - B-A B -A B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Conn... Read more

A:Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-computer-had-local-only-access-with-wireless-now-local-only-with-ethernet.1031986/
Relevancy 106.64%

Hello I am running windows vista home addition and all of a sudden I have no rights to update my anti-virus uninstall install software or do a windows update it just says access denied or you do not have enough priviledges please contact your administrator I booted into anymore admin rights Administrator any not have account does Safe mode logged in with the admin account to take a look at my regular account and it does say that both accounts on the computer are administrator accounts so I am not sure why admin rights are not working I tried creating a new admin account and rebooted logged into the new admin account and the newly created admin account doesn't have any Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore rights either I am not sure what else I can try or even how this happened because I have had this computer for over months and have always had admin rights no one Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore else uses this computer so I know someone did not change these settings Any one have any other suggestions Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore Greatly appreiciated

A:Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore

Welcome
Try the following
Make a full anti virus scan
Download and make a full updated scan with malwarebytes.
If you are clean read these tutorials, for both Vista and Seven
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html

Finally, if everything checks out ok, if you can, go back to good times with System Restore.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/289762-administrator-account-does-not-have-any-admin-rights-anymore.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello guys Please help me find a way to solve my problem Yesterday when I first set up Win I have created a windows account with my email Soon after I have realized that my C Users folder was messed up it was a shorter version of my email so I decided to swith to a local account instead and to my huge surprise I have love every right to change anything I have tried every solution I have found on the internet I am able to boot in save mode but the cmd doesn't point to the system so I cannot execute NET USER Win local from after Lost account switching to one rights Admin 10 ADMINISTRATOR ACTIVE YES I spent hours and I couldn't fix it I even switched back to the win account and I still do not have any rights to make changes I can't even make changes in control panel in safe mode It's getting frustrating and after the update the solutions on the other forums do not even make sence anymore I just want a local acount with my right name and administrator rights Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/70169-lost-admin-rights-after-switching-win-10-account-local-one.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Anyone tried deleting a registry key in Windows nbsp Got quot access denied quot or quot Error while deleting key quot The usual response is key" deleting ADMIN! or Permissions -"Access AS while Denied" "Error EVEN Regedit quot You need to run regedit as an administrator quot nbsp but I AM logged in as Administrator and running regedit as administrator trying to assign administrator full permissions on that registry key in order to delete it nbsp Am I mistaken or isn't Regedit Permissions -"Access Denied" or "Error while deleting key" EVEN AS ADMIN! Administrator supposed to be able to administer and control all the settings on the computer in order to set it up for the quot Average Joe quot user So under the permissions menu of that key go to advanced change the owner from System to Administrator and try again nbsp It's no longer saying quot access denied quot but quot Cannot delete xxxxxx Error while deleting key quot The scenario Basically the wireless has stopped working on a laptop The device does not show up in Device Manager but is in the registry so the normal procedure is to delete the registry entry for the device in HKLM System CurrentControlSet and ControlSet Enum PCI nbsp nbsp then attach the device or restart the computer it finds the quot new quot hardware and reinstalls it Easy Not with permission restrictions on the administrator account it's not nbsp So I need to give myself permission to give myself permission to do a simple task like delete a single registry key nbsp Why Microsoft why nbsp Please just make the Administrator account a hidden quot God mode quot account that can do anything and make the lives of us techies much easier in the process nbsp RANT Now where did I put that XP disc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56fed319-a532-46a4-a384-fd795998c4a3/regedit-permissions-quotaccess-deniedquot-or-quoterror-while-deleting-keyquot-even-as?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 102.34%

I am experiencing issues with my small domain setup. Windows Server 2012 R2 and windows 10 PRO domain attached PC's

Any users who are not a member of the Administrators group cannot login with their domain account (A device attached to the system is not functioning.) or access their file shares (invalid folder) even if they have been granted access to the file-shares.
However if I add them to the administrators group everything works fine with no issues.
I have not made any changes to group policy recently and have no idea what has changed to stop regular users from being able to do anything.

It is strange because there is nothing wrong with devices attached to the PC and the folders are definitely valid. It is all dependent on which account is trying to access.
Please let me know if you need further info.

-Lawrence

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d77b4182-ea9c-48cc-ac1d-5d3e46454e10/quota-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioningquot-if-trying-to-login-with-a-domain-user?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 101.48%

So my work computer has been jacked with quot system security quot i have no admin rights no possible way to get them and no IT department to come fix it so yeah i m pretty much not able to download and install any programs without admin rights so is there a manual way i can get rid of "SystemSecurity" Possible rights? to admin without remove this i can t even download hijack this to creat a log to show you guys Possible to remove "SystemSecurity" without admin rights? sorry any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Dustin EDIT i found out i can run an exacutable version of hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Possible to remove "SystemSecurity" without admin rights? Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X HPZipm exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCST exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system Possible to remove "SystemSecurity" without admin rights? igfxpers exe C Program Files Altiris AClient AClntUsr EXE C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Altiris Altiris Agent AeXAgentUIHost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Attachmate E E K EXTRA EXE C Program Files Attachmate E E K EXTRA EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings jmaree Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE TNGLORM HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www intra dpwn net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www intra dpwn net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by DHL Worldwide Express R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer globalproxy goc dhl com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride dhl com airborne com deutschepost de dpwn net dp-itsolutions de exel-intra net lt local gt O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SchedulingAgent mstinit exe firstlogon O - HKLM Run AeXAgentLogon C Program Files Altiris Altiris Agent AeXAgentActivate exe logon O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run AClntUsr C Program Files Altiris AClient AClntUsr EXE O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run ADO-Flash Player quot C WINDOWS system Macromed Flash ADO-FlashPlayer- -EN- lnk quot O - HKLM Run DHL BU Prompt quot C Program Files BUInfo DHL BU Prompt exe quot O - HKLM Run MVP quot C Program Files MVP MVP exe lnk quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run APL-QuickTimePlayer- -EN quot C Program Files QuickTime APL-QuickTimePlayer- -EN LNK quot O - HKCU Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-remove-systemsecurity-without-admin-rights.787760/
Relevancy 101.05%

I am attempting to fix a Windows WMI problem using the Microsoft WMI tools. But this tool requires that I log on as an "elevated" administrator.

I have searched through XP but have not found how to become "elevated".

Running the WMI diagnostic tools as administrator is not good enough. Diagnotstics stops after it starts and gives message that tools can only be run by an "elevated administrator.

How do I get around this?

A:WMI tool for XP pro 64b needs "elevated" administrator rights - How do I get them?

Hi you could try this How to run an elevated command prompt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wmi-tool-for-xp-pro-64b-needs-elevated-administrator-rights-how-do-i-get-them-668352.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I have one XP computer but there are five user accounts just installed belkin wireless router modem everything works fine as rights" file hijackthis "administrator log long as everyone has administrator rights As soon as I return the kids access to limited they lose internet access hijackthis log file Logfile of HijackThis hijackthis log file "administrator rights" v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Belkin BELKIN Tool WinXPDisableZeroConfigation exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings ADMIN Desktop New Folder HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www wanadoo co uk iesearch default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www wanadoo co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer Provided By Wanadoo F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe msmsgs exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run dvd C Program Files dvd dvd tray exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run XpDis Conf C PROGRA Belkin BELKIN Tool WinXPDisableZeroConfigation exe VEN E amp DEV amp SUBSYS d O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF - - - - - file c ex cab O - DPF - - - - - file c ex cab O - DPF - - - - - file c ex cab O - DPF - - - - - file c ex cab O - DPF - - - - - file c eied s cab O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - quot C PROGRA MSNMES msgrapp dll quot file missing O - SSODL SystemCheck - - - - A - F D - C WINDOWS System vbsys dll O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe O - Service WLTRYSVC - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE

A:hijackthis log file "administrator rights"

Hello and Welcome

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of fixes as soon as they are posted.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Please download these additional files/programs. Do not run them until instructed to do so.
Unless otherwise stated, they should be stored in same directory as the HiJackThis program.

CleanUp.exe - Install.

AVG Anti-Virus - Install & update it's virus definitions.

'UNPLUG'/DISCONNECT YOUR COMPUTER FROM THE INTERNET WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED DOWNLOADING

This webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix. Please save the following instructions in Notepad. I have customed my instructions on the assumption that you are using Notepad. It may lead to some confusion should you choose to do otherwise.

If there's anything that you don't understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding with the fixes. There should not be any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DON'T MISS A STEP & PERFORM EVERYTHING IN THE RIGHT ORDER.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

With HiJackThis & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe, msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {33331111-1111-1111-1111-611111193457} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {33331111-1111-1111-1111-611111193458} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {33331111-1111-1111-1111-622221193458} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {43331111-1111-1111-1111-611111195622} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {64311111-1111-1121-1111-111191113457} - file://c:\eied_s7.cab
O21 - SSODL: SystemCheck2 - {54645654-2225-4455-44A1-9F4543D34546} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vbsys2.dll

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4. Select the option to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Launch AVG & do a full system scan of your computer.
Allow it to disinfect all that it finds.

If you have not done so already, please enable the viewing of Hidden files
From Windows Explorer, go to Tools>Folder Options> View tab. Tick - Show hidden files and folder
Untick - Hide file extensions for known types
Untick - Hide protected operating system files
Click Yes to confirm & then click OK

Locate and delete the following files/folders: (let me know if you fail to find/delete any) C:\Windows\System32\msmsgs.exe
C:\Windows\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\vbsys2.dll

Run Cleanup! using the following configuration:

1. Click Options...
2. Set the slider to Standard CleanUp!
3. Uncheck the following:Delete Newsgroup cache
Delete Newsgroup Subscriptions
Scan local drives for temporary files
4. Click OK
5. Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. Reboot/logoff when prompted.
* CleanUp! will not create any backups!!

After you have rebooted, please perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan Click Scan your PC & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Click Scan Now
Enter your e-mail address & click Scan... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hijackthis-log-file-administrator-rights-77979.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I cannot HJT "add/remove no "RUN", to admin. prog", LOG and access issues and get to HJT LOG and no access to "RUN", "add/remove prog", and admin. issues the quot run quot application i cannot HJT LOG and no access to "RUN", "add/remove prog", and admin. issues fins the add remove programs disappeared from control panel and it denies me access to things bc it says i am not the administrator when i am also my windows update thing always says i have new updates to install even after i installed them every time i startup or shutdown it takes forever saying it's updating the computer stage here's the log from hjt Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exe C Program Files XPSMiniViewGadget XPSMiniViewGadget exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files SetPoint LBTWiz exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO CDLPObj Object - BE ED -CA - B - CCE- FB E D AA - C Windows mpcodecplg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hjt-log-and-no-access-to-run-add-remove-prog-and-admin-issues-304705.html
Relevancy 99.33%

right so at work we now have windows 7
befor in xp i used to have developer tools and was able to do pritty much anything i needed to do which was great

now with windows 7 if i want to install something i have to right click the exe and click "Run with admin rights(audited)"

now im trying to install some software for my G15 keyboard

i downloaded the installer and ran with admin rights
this gives the installer one time admin rights. only problem is the installer initates another EXE which is hidden inside it somewhere that trys to run as well. this program hasnt asked for the rights so the PC shuts it down. the main installer then fails because one off its elements hasnt installed

any ideas?

A:admin rights - problems with "sub" exe

Something else is going on. A sub process runs at the same level of its parent, unless the application choices to belay that, an executable running in a high process that runs a sub process is at the same level. The only way for this not to happen is if the application makes the decision to run the sub process in a lower level. Windows does not make that decision.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310209-admin-rights-problems-sub-exe.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hopefully a simple question for some. I have a user who currently does NOT have Admin rights, but I need to find out if they had admin rights in the passed. I.E Someone gave them the rights to do something and then removed them.

Basically we are having difficulty getting some software to work without Admin Rights to do the initial install, but i've been told its possible to install the software without Admin Rights but I can't see it. They tried to prove that they did it on one users machine ( who is working fine) but i'm convinced they must have given them Admin rights to do the install and then possibly removed them after.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:How do you tell if a user "had" Admin rights?

If the program was installed to Program Files folder, then you must have had admin rights to do so. Because that folder is not modifiable without the right.

There should be events logged in Event Viewer when the user was elevated to admin status.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-tell-if-a-user-had-admin-rights.1078462/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi This will be my second time using this site and I found the last time to be very helpful but forgive me if I have forgotten a few things and let me know what I can do to make it easier for you to help I have read up on others discussing similiar issues as mine but the details on these posts required hijack this logs and I am concerned to follow those instructions to the T because I know this can be different for each pc I recently had a slew of viruses infecting my computer O S Windows after my daughter years started And Administrator Panel As Unable The To Other Rights Access Admin Control going to her tweeny bopper sites and playing games Unable To Access Control Panel And Other Admin Rights As The Administrator My computer became almost nonfunctional but I worked and clean and worked and ran numerous scans and finally got it clean to a point I can browse again comfortably and do my normal business online Well I decided that I wanted to take advantage and use theanitvurus suite and firewall my HSI service provides me but found I am unable to access anything needing administrative priviledges error quot This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot Well I am the system administrator and I only have one other profile and I give it administrator rights I imagine since this only began after my numerous attempts to correct the problem myself using my allready installed antivirus AVG spybot search and destroy and adaware but I have a feeling something is still really wrong I am listing my hijack this log to see if it helps and forgive me again if I do this wrong Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system LEXPPS EXEC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin ptssvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT wanmpsvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT Explorer exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEC Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AOL UserProfiles All Users antiSpyware dat updates aspapp sunsetAsp exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exec program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net a cookieattempt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet... Read more

A:Unable To Access Control Panel And Other Admin Rights As The Administrator

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum curlysinagainMy name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Download SDFix.exe and save it to your desktop:http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe* Double click on SDFix on your desktop,and install the fix to C:\ Please then reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:* Restart your computer* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".* Choose your usual account.* In Safe Mode,go to and open the C:\SDFix folder,then double click on RunThis.bat to start the script.* Type Y to begin the script.* It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.* Press any Key and it will restart the PC.* Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.* When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.* Finally open the SDFix folder on your desktop and copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt into your next reply.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124084/unable-to-access-control-panel-and-other-admin-rights-as-the-administrator/
Relevancy 97.61%

Hello I have encountered a rather odd problem that didn't turn up in forum search System Win Home Premium -bit fresh install updates with AVG Free and Google Chrome as only other installs I have had users both with admin rights One was my 'main' user that I was using just to learn Win and surf a l'il The other was completely new Created logged into back off then not touched again For the first few days had no problems and was really liking Win However today after logging off main user I had just run a full clean scan with AVG btw and switching to the fresh one IMMEDIATELY after entering my log-in password I received a UAC prompt telling me that denied Account(admin access log-in upon IMMEDIATELY all rights) this user does not have access to this folder The background was replaced with a black screen the taskbar icons were replaced with the standard quot new file quot icon and did not function no surprise there I opened Windows Explorer using quot Start gt Computer quot Account(admin rights) denied all access IMMEDIATELY upon log-in and again was immediately told I had no access Gave myself permission and attempted to investigate I could not view open any folder without giving myself permission first Having no success determining the problem I decided to simply log off and delete this account Performed a full delete folders and all Then I created a new account with admin rights Logged into it without incident Logged back onto main user and opened Windows Explorer The user folder from the original nd account remained and I was denied when trying to delete Probing into it I found a Windows Media Player database file under User AppData Local Microsoft Media Player I was told this file was in use by another program and I could not delete it I did not have any programs other than Explorer running on any user at the time I remembered that I had tried to open a stock music file in Explorer under the main account earlier WMP had opened and started its quot First Use quot spiel I had chosen custom settings then I believe that I had closed WMP after the file extension association dialog opened without confirming the associations as I did not want to use WMP for anything At this point I had continued doing other things without problem Eventually when I switched users this whole mess started Remembering the WMP stuff I again opened a stock music file still on main account WMP ran its setup routine again and I allowed it to associate and run I closed WMP browsed to the old user folder in Explorer and deleted it without problem I have tried unsuccessfully to replicate this event by creating new test users and shortcutting the WMP quot First Use quot setup again on each of them So I cannot be certain that this is what caused my problem nor that it will not happen again Any ideas Deeply Appreciative Win BlankUser

A:Account(admin rights) denied all access IMMEDIATELY upon log-in

Does Safe Mode function normally?
That is to say if you boot in safe mode are you able to perform basic functions and use the system to some extent?

If this is not a registry or av/security related problem the easiest fix would likely be SFC
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Some more specific detail of the nature of the problem and less of what you have done may be of assistance too.
If this is a problem with admin priveldges you are honestly probably better off doing a repair install
Repair Install
Than digging around trying to find the one setting responsible for the problem.
Component services and other various admin tools can get down right annoying to work with and can cause further problems if the least bit thing is set wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192398-account-admin-rights-denied-all-access-immediately-upon-log.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I want to run a program as administrator in a local user account.

My problem is, i have multiple user accounts in my windows7. I have bittorrent and many active torrents in my user account which have admin privileges. But for Other local users, bittorrent open in a separate account mode having no active torrents (because the torrent is running only in my user account)

Is there any way to run (or sync) the downloading of bittorrent in the stated accounts.

Regards,

A:Program to "Run as administrator" in local user accounts

unfortunately, we don't assist with torrent apps here. May want to read up on the rules page at techguy.org/rules.html.
P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

Closing thread.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-to-run-as-administrator-in-local-user-accounts.1035640/
Relevancy 96.32%

My account on Windows 7 64-bit has become a "guest account" with no rights. I cannot do anything anymore! Everytime I try and do anything (even a simple system restore) I get the message from user account control which tells me to insert an administrator's password. There is no place to insert the password and the "yes" icon is disabled.

I have no idea how this happened. The computer is 2 days old!

Does anyone know how I can manage to give myself administrative rights again?

Thanks

Relevancy 96.32%

I have a brand new 64bit machine running Win 7 Ultimate. I have installed many 32 bit programs without any problem at all. However, while my copy of Sony Vegas Pro 32bit installed fine, I just cannot install the 64bit version of the same program. I get this message "Please make sure you have local system administrator privileges on this system." I have tried everything I know including right click "run as administrator" and have been searching the 'net for the last week trying to find answers to no avail. Can anyone here help me please?

A:What are "Local system administrator priviledges?"

You might need to remove the x32 version.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/49656-what-local-system-administrator-priviledges.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi all,

Just installed an OEM version of Windows 7 Ultimate on a custom-made machine. It gets to the point of logging in. I type in Administrator and press enter, and I get the response, "You're account has been disabled. Please see your network administrator."

As it stands, I can't log in at all without Administrator working. Anyone have ideas on fixing this? Thanks,

Aaron

A:Windows 7 OEM, "You're account as been disabled." Admin account

Hello and welcome to SevenForums.

The account named "Administrator" is a special built in account that is disabled by default.
You should have been prompted to enter an Account Name during the install.
That is the account you should use to log in.
If you named this account "Administrator" during the install, I'm not sure what would happen, or if that's even possible.

Here's a SF tutorial about the "Administrator" account.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

hope this helps,
david

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219561-windows-7-oem-youre-account-been-disabled-admin-account.html
Relevancy 95.89%

ok here's my problem my friend gave him a brand new pc with windows installed as a gift but he had previously set himself up as the administrator upon start up so then i had him make the How to administrator account? my account make "true" another account for me and made me the administrator and after all that's done i deleted his account but now even though my account type is administrator i can't even alter or How to make my account the "true" administrator account? save any documents in my c drive as everytime i tried to do that it prompts me saying i don't have the right to do such things because i'm not the administrator please help this is driving me crazy ok sorry i should rephrase i can't alter or save documents or create new documents quot in my c drive folder quot to be exact other documents can be as long as they're in sub folders under c drive this is the part driving me crazy and i don't even know if it is because of the situation aforementioned in my previous post sorry for the confusion but still need some professional help thanks

A:How to make my account the "true" administrator account?

Hello Mastachao, and welcome to Eight Forums.

This was the same in Windows 7 as well.

This is a security feature of Windows to protect it's system files and folders from being tampered with to prevent making Windows unstable.

Nothing can be saved from an external source directly into a Windows system folder. Instead, you need to save it to one of your user folders (ex: Desktop or Downloads), then save it into a system folder if you like and approve (UAC prompt) doing so.

For what you are wanting to do, it would be best to keep your documents either in your Documents library or "C:\Users\(user-name)\Documents" folder instead. This way you will not have any access rights issues.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/34776-how-make-my-account-true-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have been installing programs on my new set-up, and I have starting have administrator problems. When trying to install (or delete) some programs I get a note that says "To install the software you must have administrator's rights..." But I do; I am the only user of the computer, I have the administrator's rights. The control panel section on user accounts lists only me, and it says that I am an Administrator. What am I missing? What do I have to do to be able to install (and delete) stuff?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:"Administrator's Rights"

Hi John ,

I guess the problem is with UAC. You can try disabling that featrue
User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/46187-administrators-rights.html
Relevancy 95.46%

So today, the error came up when logging into the admin account. I only have access to Guest account at the moment. Booting up Safe Mode doesn't really help either. So anyone have a solution to this complicated problem..?

A:Admin account error "User Login Service Failed"

See here, see if this helps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374392-admin-account-error-user-login-service-failed.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite NB 10A-laptop from Windows 8.1 to Win 10 and have been logging in via my Hotmail account. Went to settings to set up Local Account, completed the password settings. Then had the choice to Sign Off or Cancel. Chose Sign Off (thinking Cancel would void my new Local Account) and now, for many hours, my laptop is locked into an endless loop of Signing Off.

Where to now? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Relevancy 95.03%

I have a virus from virus protector which shuts down desktop and the administrator account. I can get access into the other user account but it needs an administrator account which i cannot access. Is there a way to get access to the administator account or to download a virus removal that does not need approval. Any help would be greatly appreciated. many thanks

Celeste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-into-admin-account-cuz-virus-protector-need-to-d-l-malware-removal.919616/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi, im running vista home premium. I am from Norway so excuse me for any bad grammar.(bad excuse:P)

anyways, i have encountered a problem, it goes like this, you probably know that sometimes you download old programs on vista, that doesn't work unless you right-click on the .exe and choose: "run as administrator"(sorry if that is not the exact phrase, because my PC is running Norwegian Mode.(stupid school PC :P ))
but i recently encountered the problem that when i right-clicked an .exe file it was no "run as administrator" option! and im quite desperate to get this program running, and it quits every-time i start it up again, i read on the program source site, that to run this exact program you had to push the "run as administrator" button.. so please, please help me...

A:admin problems(not the usual: "lost my account question" ;)

What is the .exe file?

Can you zip it and attach to a post so I can test it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-problems-not-the-usual-lost-my-account-question-261403.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard AD Antivirus Microsoft Security non-admin says remainig) days (30 System "activation account pending" info for Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Hello Here s the problem at least I think it s a problem I have two account on my laptop an administrator account and a non-administrator account I just noticed today that when I open System Information under System Summary it says the following Administrative Account OS Name Microsoft Windows System info says "activation pending" (30 days remainig) for non-admin account XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name MASTER- BF B C System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Compaq nc RA AW ABA System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard YCU Ver F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name MASTER- BF B C Admin Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Non-administrative account OS System info says "activation pending" (30 days remainig) for non-admin account Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation Activation Status Activation Pending days remaining System Name MASTER- BF B C System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Compaq nc RA AW ABA System Type X -based PC System info says "activation pending" (30 days remainig) for non-admin account Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard YCU Ver F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name MASTER- BF B C NonAdmin Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys They are the same except for the line in red in the non-administrative account that says activation is pending Shouldn t they have the same info Can someone please help me with this Thanks psylock nbsp

A:System info says "activation pending" (30 days remainig) for non-admin account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-info-says-activation-pending-30-days-remainig-for-non-admin-account.1102989/
Relevancy 95.03%

I just updated to XP SP from SP via Windows Update and now whenever I start up Windows Starts [SOLVED] Administrator Account After "Hidden" in Installing SP3 my computer it is under the account named quot Administrator quot though I had only ever used an account under my name which was defined as computer administrator This [SOLVED] Windows Starts in "Hidden" Administrator Account After Installing SP3 quot Administrator quot account has only a fraction of the software I have installed and the personalization settings aren't the same I can log off quot Administrator quot and log into my main account fine but when I look in quot User Accounts quot in Control Panel there is no account named quot [SOLVED] Windows Starts in "Hidden" Administrator Account After Installing SP3 Administrator quot only my main account with the computer administrator subtext and a grayed-out Guest account which is turned off Everything else as far as I can tell functions fine I've read that there's a quot hidden quot Administrator account for Safe Mode or something like it but I'm not booting into Safe Mode Has quot Administrator quot somehow become the default account How do I stop this I'm using XP Pro

A:[SOLVED] Windows Starts in "Hidden" Administrator Account After Installing SP3

Try this

Click Start => Run, type in Control Userpasswords2, => Click Ok

Click on the account you want to log in automatically, then tick the box that says :
Users must enter a username and password..., click Apply then Ok.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-starts-in-and-quot-hidden-and-quot-administrator-account-after-installing-sp3-322547.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code N A hr x b Windows Product Key - - FK P-XQXFQ-J MP Windows Product Key Hash lNwLB MBClr RptLlxdkJ WJB I Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID then Genuine" 'Administrator' account will issues Only logon, "Windows Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID CA - CB- C - A - DCD Is Admin Yes TestCab Only 'Administrator' account will logon, then "Windows Genuine" issues x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Only 'Administrator' account will logon, then "Windows Genuine" issues Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr Only 'Administrator' account will logon, then "Windows Genuine" issues x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser D Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch D Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system slui exe Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch D Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt CA - CB- C - A - DCD lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -J MP lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Precision WorkStation lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt D C F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition run 'slui exe x a x B ' to display the error text Error x B Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x FE HrOnline N A HealthStatus x EFF Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered V... Read more

A:Only 'Administrator' account will logon, then "Windows Genuine" issues

A very rare error, this one!

Quote:
Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0x800700b7

Your SFC scan appears to have crashed - or at least any more data after this is missing...

Code:
2014-06-08 01:24:52, Info CSI 000001e2 Ignoring duplicate ownership for directory [l:64{32}]"\??\D:\Windows\Branding\Shellbrd" in component Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Shell-Professional, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral
2014-06-08 01:24:53, Info CSI 000001e3 Ignoring duplicate ownership for directory [l:74{37}]"\??\D:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US" in component Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Base-Professional.Resources, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral
2014-06-08 01:24:53, Info CSI 000001e4 Ignoring duplicate ownership for directory [l:62{31}]"\??\D:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd" in component Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Base-Professional, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral
This looks very odd to me - and may be the result of major registry corruption.

The errors with your user accounts are probably the result of corruption in the Default User account.
I'm not certain that attempting manual repair is going to achieve much - but let's have a closer look before going to a repair or clean install...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...
Save the file as Appevt.evtx
Repeat for the System log
then zip both, and upload them.
Please run the following command from an Elevated Command Prompt window(1)

Copy and paste set of commands below into the window – once completed, hit the Enter Key to ensure that the last command has run (2)

REG QUERY HKU
REG QUERY HKU\S-1-5-20
REG QUERY HKU\S-1-5-20\Environment
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-20"
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList"

Copy the whole output to your response(3)
Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334090-only-administrator-account-will-logon-then-windows-genuine-issues.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello I am running windows x I have a password for my main account which is an admin account When I enter the password and hit enter the quot Welcome quot screen "welcome" minute only admin at 2 hang on account. screen, stares at me for about minutes before going to the desktop I can not figure out why this happens I have tried the quot don't use a solid color background quot fix I have tried unplugging all unnecessary USB devices I have unchecked ALL of the items in startup services I created a new user account that is not an admin account and has no password When I select this account at startup the quot welcome quot 2 minute hang at "welcome" screen, only on admin account. screen only appears for - seconds and then goes to the desktop Why would my admin account hang so long on the welcome screen but my other use account does not Both accounts have the same drivers and applications installed Any thoughts I've been through a hundred forums and have tried all the usual fixes with no positive results

A:2 minute hang at "welcome" screen, only on admin account.

What happens when you run your admin account without the password?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/121864-2-minute-hang-welcome-screen-only-admin-account.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello My administrator account in Vista Home premium is called quot Andrea quot I stupidly hid my quot Andrea quot administrator account by following this procedure http triponic com guidestutorials ount-in-vista Now every time I log on into Windows VISTA i can't see my quot Andrea quot administrator account anymore So I can only log in to a simple user account I Account in Invisible "Andrea" Administrator Vista haven't been able Invisible "Andrea" Administrator Account in Vista to fix this problem by editing the registry or by activating the super Administrator through the prompt of commands the problem is that VISTA user account control prevents me from doing the very actions which would solve the problem that is editing in regedit the string i created in order to hide the administrator Andrea account or managing to conclude succesfully any procedure on command I can't even restore the system because again I get the user account control and I can't do anything no way Invisible "Andrea" Administrator Account in Vista I can fill in my user or password there's no option available in the window of the user control please help me I can't really get hold of my administrator Andrea account anymore thanks in advance Andrea

A:Invisible "Andrea" Administrator Account in Vista

See THIS link on how to Hide or Unhide accounts and particularly the Warning in pink just below the top. It advises you to unhide the Admin account in Safe Mode.

Was that THE Administrator account or your account that happened to have administrative level authority? I ask because the actual Administrator account is hidden by default and has to be unhidden from another admin-level account in order to show up.

There are some other useful links at the bottom of that tutorial.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291508-invisible-andrea-administrator-account-vista.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi all!
I have been trying to get to the actual Administrator account on my PC and am having trouble. I found several articles showing how to use the CMD prompt line to get to it (net users Administrator \active:yes) and I got it to complete successfully. The problem is once I log off and back on, I still don't see the ability to log onto admin account.

I've tried this on both my desktop at home and my Surface Pro 3 and I get the same results. Anyone have any ideas? I know it's some little something I'm missing...I just can't remember what.

Thanks for your help!

Bruce

Relevancy 94.6%

Hello My administrator account in Vista Home premium is called quot Andrea quot I stupidly hid my quot Andrea quot administrator account by following this procedure http triponic com guidestutorials computer how-to-make-an-invisible-user-account-in-vista Now every time I log on into Windows VISTA i can t see my quot Andrea quot administrator account anymore So I can only log in to a simple user account I haven t Administrator Account "Andrea" in Invisible Vista been able to fix this problem by editing the registry or by activating the super Administrator through the prompt of commands the problem is that VISTA user account control prevents me from doing the very actions which would solve the problem that is editing in regedit the string i created Invisible "Andrea" Administrator Account in Vista in order to hide the administrator Andrea account or managing to conclude succesfully any procedure on command I can t even restore the system because again I get the user account control and I can t do anything no way I can fill in my user or password there s no option available in the window of the user control please help me I can t really get hold of my administrator Andrea account anymore thanks in advance Andrea nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

Hi We upgraded our desktops from Windows XP to Windows Admin Local Admin Group Rights local without Assign with Windows XP we used the resource kit s CDROMLOCK EXE to lock down CD and DVD Once installed a user had to be in the local administrators group to access a CD or DVD on that desktop For Windows it is not Windows compatible so I run the EXE in Vista SP- Compatibility mode which works perfect My question With a user in the local admin group they have access to the CD and DVD but also have full access to the desktop which is of concern Does anyone know how to assign a user name Either local Desktop or a Server domain account to a Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group service or Exe Is there a way to either create a folder with full rights and then put the exe in the folder giving the user full admin rights to the folder or assign full admin rights to s single EXE file I am just not sure how Windows controls local admin rights other than the local Admin Group If Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group this is in the wrong group please move Thanks B nbsp

A:Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group

You should be able to right-click on the exe file, then choose properties. On the "Compatibility" tab, there should be a checkbox for "Run as administrator", which you can check (enable) and save settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/assign-local-admin-rights-without-local-admin-group.1123053/
Relevancy 93.74%

apparently there is no way to send feedback with a Local account,.
I refuse to have an account where I log into the cloud each time I use many of my windows 10 systems.

Have you noticed that WINDOWS 10 keeps resetting your default programs.
JUST BECAUSE IT WANTS TO

Default Browser - I use firefox
Default photo viewer - I use Irfanview or Picasa
Default video viewer - I use VLC
etc etc

These keep getting reset and since I use local accounts I can find now way to tell MS that I hate having to keep resetting these in the default settings.

wg

A:Windows 10 feedback with "LOCAL ACCOUNT"

Just did it again about an hour after I reset them.
I need to stop this. Any clue's out there for how to stop this?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52204-windows-10-feedback-local-account.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi

With Windows 8.1 Update, I use some local account.

When I log on to one of them, I open the "Microsoft Store" app and I access through a Microsoft account.

At this point, I noticed that my local account is completely switched to the Microsoft account. How come? How do I prevent this?

Thanks

Bye

A:The "Microsoft Store" app and local account

Hello Balubeto,

The Store requires that you are signed in with a Microsoft account to install anything from the Store.

You switched your local account to be a Microsoft account instead of "sign into each app separately instead" to only add your Microsoft account.

If you like, you can switch it back to a local account using the tutorial below.
Local Account - Switch to in Windows 8
The only way to prevent this would be to use step 5 in the tutorial below for a local account, or continue to use a Microsoft account.
Windows Store - Sign in with Different Microsoft Account in Windows 8
Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47322-microsoft-store-app-local-account.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi

With Windows 8.1 Update, I use some local account.

When I log on to one of them, I open the "Microsoft Store" app and I access through a Microsoft account.

At this point, I noticed that my local account is completely switched to the Microsoft account. How come? How do I prevent this?

Thanks

Bye

A:The "Microsoft Store" app and local account

The account should never switch itself..

You would have to sign up with an email, your name, birthday, etc. Without that information it wouldn't make a Microsoft account. But, in order to download apps from the Store, you are required to use a Microsoft account. The only exception I've seen is the 8.1 update from the Store. You can download that using a Local account.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/the-microsoft-store-app-and-local-account-844914.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi
I've upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 and stupidly created a Microsoft account during the upgrade procedure rather than using a local account (which is what I was using before). I want to go back to using the local account and have tried going to "Your
Account" - "Disconnect" - "Switch to a local account". However, as I want everything to go back to how it was before I upgraded I've tried entering the same username as before but I keep getting the following message "Windows
is already using that name. Please enter a different username". Is there anyway I can log into a local account using the same username as before or do I need to create a new username (and therefore a new account?).
Any help to make this problem go away would be much appreciated!
Myzo.

A:Switch to local account - "Windows is already using that name"

Hi,
According to your description, I think you may made a misunderstand for your operation. In the interface of ?Switch to a local account?, it means to create a new user account, as you already had a same name local account, you would receive this error report.
If you want to switch to your local account, you can follow the steps below to access other account.
Firstly, check your current user account. Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts\Manage User Account. Verifying whether your local account still exists.
Secondly, WIN+C, click Power, then choose
Switch User Account. After that, choose your local user account.Roger Lu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/19d0127d-3f3a-4190-8de9-a8e08d1dfb2e/switch-to-local-account-quotwindows-is-already-using-that-namequot?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 93.31%

I have Windows XP Professional SP2, Dell Inspiron 4000.

Ever since I got my computer I've been using the account "Administrator." So all my files and settings are on it. Today I randomly decided to make a new account, unaware that Administrator would disappear. (Apparently, says Windows Help & Support, Administrator is only available in safe mode or when there's no other account.) So now I want to go back to Administrator, but I can't figure out how to delete the new account... Any suggestions?

Relevancy 93.31%

I have Windows XP Professional SP2, Dell Inspiron 4000.

Ever since I got my computer I've been using the account "Administrator." So all my files and settings are on it. Today I randomly decided to make a new account, unaware that Administrator would disappear. (Apparently, says Windows Help & Support, Administrator is only available in safe mode or when there's no other account.) So now I want to go back to Administrator, but I can't figure out how to delete the new account... Any suggestions?

A:Want to go back to "Administrator" user account

Log in in safe mode by pressing F8 when booting and then choose Administrator. Then from safe mode delete your new account. Then once Administrator is the only account, reboot. That should force Windows to allow you to use Administrator.

Another option you can try also is pressing CRTL ALT DEL twice at the login screen and typing "Administrator" and your pass. It may not work, however, due to XP Home.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/want-to-go-back-to-administrator-user-account-88312.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi all,

Working on a Win10 touchscreen desktop for a friend who just got scammed by one those fake "call this number, your computer is infected" ads. She foolishly let somebody from Indian remote into her computer and install some fake "weather" software which just caused many fake error messages to appear on boot and every so often to trick you into paying them.

That all being said, I've cleaned all the Malware off of it and everything is back to normal EXCEPT...

Half the programs "including her sound functionality/volume control applet in the system tray" won't start or load and install all just give a "...can't be opened using built-in Administrator account." error....

Is there any way to fix this? Everything worked fine before, and the computer only has one user account set as Administrator....?

Thanks for any help!

A:"...can't be opened using built-in Administrator account."

I would create another user account set as administrator and see if the problem carries over to the new account. If it does, I would say it is time for a clean install.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39043-cant-opened-using-built-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I am trying to start a new method of using my computer and am not going to run my profile as an Admin account I am used to Linux and having to use SU or SUDO Standard selected can account is as run administrator" not "run exe's when so this should not be much different Standard account can not run exe's when "run as administrator" is selected I am running into the same problem that pushed me away from this model before I did a fresh install of a laptop ran all Vista Home Premium updates created a standard account logged Standard account can not run exe's when "run as administrator" is selected into the standard account selected an exe on my C right clicked and selected quot Run as Administrator quot and I get this message quot Windows can not access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot This error seems familiar as I tried this before and had the same problem This pushed me into using an account that had elevated Admin privileges all the time bad idea Standard account can not run exe's when "run as administrator" is selected for someone who uses the internet and installs a lot of programs What is the deal and how can I fix it

A:Standard account can not run exe's when "run as administrator" is selected

So I understand, please -

1. You re-installed Vista
2. During the installation, you created a "user-admin" account
3. Post-Vista install, you created a standard user account
4. You are now using (trying to use) #3

What is the status of #2, the user-admin account?
a) Alive & In-tact
b) Alive, but demoted
c) dead - removed

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/standard-account-can-not-run-exes-when-run-as-administrator-is-selected-411466.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Can anyone help with this? I have xp. I don't know how I managed to do this, but i have blocked access to anything. It says "Windows doesn't have access to control panel, or windows media player, or desktop settings. "You may not have access rights". For everything basically. Every program except superantispyware. It doesn't allow me to enter even Zone Alarm, first I thought I did there something. I tried the safe mode but I'm blocked there too.I tried administrator mode, but I'm blocked there as well. ...thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-have-access-you-may-not-have-access-rights.728664/
Relevancy 92.02%

Planning on account... "admin" Question about putting Vista on my next computer had a question First some background On my current XP which I've had tons of issues Question about "admin" account... with until Question about "admin" account... fairly recently I've recently noticed that thanks to some awkward responses to troubleshooting attempts I have Question about "admin" account... duplicates of my user account plus the admin and every once in awhile as a result I get messages saying I'm not allowed to unzip or move folders to some areas instead having to use a default folder that I never access and drag from there The question On Vista can I set it up so that MY account is admin No need to go to safe mode no user account conflicts just have it so that when I log on I have absolute full reign over everything and any limitations only apply to other users I know there's something somewhat similar on XP but it's too much of a hassle by now consolidating all the accounts and I'm phasing out a lot of stuff on this computer once I get another one anyway I just want to know if this is an option on Vista so I can set it so my username is read as if I'm Admin from the jump so I'm done with it

A:Question about "admin" account...

Of course. Just make when you set it up, make sure your account is Admin. But remember, you CAN change it after setting it up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/question-about-admin-account-284610.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi,

I have Windows 8 on an HP Envy. Please note that I am technologically challenged. A technician had to create a local admin account on my computer to connect to a Xerox printer (it would not recognized my Microsoft Admin account). The technician was able to activate and access the local admin account without switching out of my main admin Microsoft account. I cannot remember the steps: How do I do that? The only option I find is to switch accounts but I only want to access the local account through my regular account. Please help. Thanks. SH

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47466-how-access-local-account-w-o-switching-admin-accnt.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I had only one user that was having Administrator Rights without password. I made one more user and gave him Administrator rights with password. Now I made my earlier Administrator account as a Local Account. But this local account is able to view Administrator account documents and desktop. How to stop Local account having access to Administrator documents.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41164-how-stop-local-account-having-access-administrator-documents.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Under Win I set up an additional user account named quot admin quot which is member of the user group quot Administrators quot The predefined account quot Administrator quot is disabled I did this on all four PC's in my home network All PC's are using Windows pro except one which is already upgraded to Windows pro All PC's are members of a work group On one PC I set up some shares which can be accessed by all users for reading very easy because all accounts exist on each PC and the passwords for the accounts are the same on each PC What shares Admin Access account not Administrator does to using instead work now happens or Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work better to say not happens is the following A normal user on a PC can access the shares on the Win PC providing the shares without any problems The user quot admin quot can not access The error message tells me that the account is not enabled This happens on the Windows PC and on one Windows PC It works without Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work any problems from the Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work third PC When I enabled the account quot Administrator quot on the Win PC providing the shares it works It seems that Windows uses the wrong credentials to connect to the share It is confusing that it occurs only on two of three PC's If someone could help I would be grateful

A:Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work

Hi Biker, 
Thank you for your question. 
For troubleshooting, we could do the following steps: 

Configure the share file on other PC, then use this account which has admin permission to check if the issue persistDelete this account profile on two PCs which share didn?t work, then rebuild the Windows profile to check if the issue persistTurn off Windows firewall on two PCs to check if the issue persist 
If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know. 
Best Regard, 
Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

Jim Xu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4364011b-a200-4a31-aa94-e916c7eeb23a/access-to-shares-using-account-admin-instead-administrator-does-not-work?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 91.59%

Since I bought my new laptop (Toshiba) I'm having trouble with my wireless connection.

I can access the internet but it seems that I get disconnected too often. It is very annoying specially when I'm on skype, my call drops every 1 or 2 minutes.

Previously I don't have this problem with my other laptop (HP), my skype call never drops even for 2 or 3 hours straight.

I suspect that my connection is the problem because everytime my call drops, my connection indcates "Limited Access Only".

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Relevancy 90.73%

Need to give admin rights to session exe so that this exe can create new files and registry i have used the below code to launch an application in session ex abc exe from session give exe 1 Need to to admin rights session ex Myapp exe I wish to give admin priveleges to abc exe as this exe in-turn creates a file in C But its failing to create a new file in C as it is returning an ACCESS DENIED Error as it doesnt have the admin rights Code void ExecuteProc DWORD sessionId HANDLE hToken hProcess hPToken hUserTokenDup HDESK hdesk NULL HWINSTA hwinsta NULL hwinstaSave NULL PROCESS INFORMATION pi PSID pSid NULL STARTUPINFO si BOOL bResult FALSE sessionId WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId BOOL bQuery false bQuery WTSQueryUserToken sessionId amp hToken DWORD dwErr Initialize the STARTUPINFO structure Specify that the process runs in the interactive desktop ZeroMemory amp si sizeof STARTUPINFO si cb sizeof STARTUPINFO si lpDesktop TEXT quot winsta default quot TOKEN PRIVILEGES tp LUID luid if LookupPrivilegeValue NULL SE DEBUG NAME amp luid printf quot Lookup Privilege value Error u n quot GetLastError tp PrivilegeCount tp Privileges Luid luid tp Privileges Attributes SE PRIVILEGE ENABLED DuplicateTokenEx hToken MAXIMUM ALLOWED NULL SecurityIdentification TokenPrimary amp hUserTokenDup int dup GetLastError Adjust Token privilege SetTokenInformation hUserTokenDup TokenSessionId void sessionId sizeof DWORD if AdjustTokenPrivileges hUserTokenDup FALSE amp tp sizeof TOKEN PRIVILEGES PTOKEN PRIVILEGES NULL NULL int abc GetLastError printf quot Adjust Privilege value Error u n quot GetLastError if GetLastError ERROR NOT ALL ASSIGNED printf quot Token does not have the provilege n quot Launch the process in the client's logon session wchar t lpCommandLine L quot C abc exe quot bResult CreateProcessAsUser hUserTokenDup client's access token NULL file to execute lpCommandLine command line NULL pointer to process SECURITY ATTRIBUTES NULL pointer to thread SECURITY ATTRIBUTES FALSE handles are not inheritable NORMAL PRIORITY CLASS CREATE NEW CONSOLE creation flags NULL pointer to new environment block NULL name of current directory Need to give admin rights to session 1 exe amp si pointer to STARTUPINFO structure amp pi receives information about new process CloseHandle hProcess CloseHandle hUserTokenDup CloseHandle hPToken int tmain int Need to give admin rights to session 1 exe argc TCHAR argv DWORD sessionId ExecuteProc sessionId return NOTE abc exe tries to create a new file in C but it failed to do so as it require admin rights please give your valuabe inputs thanks Praveen

A:Need to give admin rights to session 1 exe

I think this will help:

Run as AdministratorRight-click on the exe in Windows Explorer, go to Properties.
On the Compatibility tab, tick the checkbox at the bottom that says "Run this program as an administrator".
Click OK, then try running it. It should bring up the UAC prompt.
Hope that helps a bit, at least...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/166110-need-give-admin-rights-session-1-exe.html
Relevancy 90.73%

im trying to run Winphlash and i had to give it admin rights (im the only user on the computer). however, when i try to flash my bios it says i dont have sufficient rights; the phlashnt.sys has been blocked.

anyone know how to fix this?

A:how to give SYS file admin rights????

right click on it and run as administrator

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-give-sys-file-admin-rights-135019.html
Relevancy 90.73%

im trying to run Winphlash and i had to give it admin rights (im the only user on the computer). however, when i try to flash my bios it says i dont have sufficient rights; the "phlashnt.sys has been blocked."

anyone know how to fix this? im the only account on the computer. thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-give-sys-file-admin-rights.534855/
Relevancy 90.73%

My girlfriend's laptop (HP pavilion entertainment) only recently had these problems.

-When shutting down, it stalls on the shutdown screen where it says "Shutting Down...", and the spinner keeps spinning.

-Both her LAN and wireless connections suddenly only have "local only" access. I've tried restarting CMOS/BIOS (not sure) by holding down the power button for 30 secs and reinstalled the network adapter drivers but both to no avail. I have also read about many other people with vista having this problem, but nobody had a definite solution.
Thanks ALOT for any help =)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-shut-down-local-only-network-access-vista-home-basic.612623/
Relevancy 90.73%

When I try to access local drives in an RDP session from one Windows 7 Professional machine to another Windows 7 Professional machine the "net use u: \\tsclient\c" command receives:
"System error 87 has occurred."
"The parameter is incorrect."

When I try to access the same local drives in a RDP session with an Amazon cloud machine running Windows Server 2008 there is no problem, the net use succeeds. So I know the client machine is configured correctly. I am believe this was working on these same machines in Nov 2013. Coincidentally the Win 7 machines will no longer rdp if the server machine is on a Wifi network, only a cabled one. On Wifi, the RDP session fails to fully connect (it establishes a partial connection.) I can live without Wifi connections. It is probably irrelevant to the problem I'm trying to solve.

I have scoured the internet unsuccessfully for a solution.

Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383900-system-error-87-has-occurred-trying-access-local-drive-rdp.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I just moved to Peru for my study abroad. When I first connected to the wi-fi in my homestay I was successful. Suddenly, I cannot get internet access and it says it is an "unidentified network". I have tried manually inputting IP addresses, DNS, etc. I have tried forgetting the network and disabling my virus protection. I can't even get internet when I plug an ethernet cable into my computer, directly into the router. My laptop is the only thing that isn't working, other people's computers work and my iPod and smart phone work with the network. I have a Lenovo Win7 PC, running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

A:Cannot get internet access on wireless nor local area, "unidentified"

Hello barooke Welcome to the Seven Forums!

The place to be is in the Control Panel>Network & Sharing Center. Note the image here.

Once you click on the link you will find the troubleshooting options for internet connection at the top as well as for network adapters. If you select the network adapters option select the "all adapters" option as well as the advanced which will see the automatically fix errors box already checked off.

You should be seeing a large red X right inbetween the network name on your laptop like unknown and internet when first opened. If the first attempt using the network adapters option works that will become a solid line as seen in the image there.. Clicking on the red X itself is the same as selecting the internet connections options which also sees the automatically fix errors box checked off under Advanced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245456-cannot-get-internet-access-wireless-nor-local-area-unidentified.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi there I know similar questions have been posted before but I ve searched the internet and these forums and haven t found a solution that works yet so I m hoping you guys could give me some Only" Solved: Wireless Access new Router: Setup "Local ideas I just set up a new wireless router I ve set up one before so I know the basics and it worked for about hours when suddenly while I was in the middle of Solved: Setup new Wireless Router: "Local Access Only" using the internet it stopped loading pages Now every time I connect to my wireless network it says quot Access Local Only quot or quot Limited Connectivity quot Solved: Setup new Wireless Router: "Local Access Only" and obviously won t let me access the internet It does this on both laptops in the house I ve heard of problems with vista which one laptop is using but since neither can connect I figure that s not the issue Any assistance you guys could offer would Solved: Setup new Wireless Router: "Local Access Only" be MUCH appreciated I ve been trying to figure this out for days now nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

First off I wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be since UAC is supposed to be a owner, Access Denied" with as "File admin, Even and !!UAC!! permission security feature !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission of windows I figured the security section would be best My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section OK to the problem Trying to simply copy paste a game dll file from a folder on a virtual iso drive to a folder on my main drive I get the error window titled quot File !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission Access Denied quot with the following quot You need permission to perform this action You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file quot Strange thing is this I also have this same dll file in another folder on my main drive but I get the same message with the permission requirement coming from my own user name Like in the title of my post I have taken ownership of all folders files in question am using the only admin account on this machine and have given my username quot full control quot permissions over said files folders Also for troubleshooting purposes I have disabled UAC completely and still get the error message One !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission thing I will add that just came to mind which may of some help When I had installed win on this machine I was married and had user account that my wife and i used We split up and she had the computer for a while She changed the computers name and changed the username s When I got it back from her I re-changed the computer name and also the username s to different ones I hope all of this information is useful and thank all in advance for any help extended in my direction FIN

A:!!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission

Best thing to do is a "clean" re-installation.... if the computer is your's now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/288614-uac-file-access-denied-even-admin-owner-permission.html
Relevancy 90.3%

What can cause the Administrator account to be denied access to files? I thought the whole point of the admin account was to have access to all files "just in case" if for no other reason.

The situation (you don't HAVE to read past this point:)

I awoke this morning to a BSoD caused by idechndr.sys. Uninstalling Intel Application Accelerator seems to have solved the problem.

Before that, however, I could only load via Save Mode through the Administrator account (which makes sense), but when I tried accessing the "Documents and Settings" files for my personal account through the Admin, I was denied access. The folder appeared to be empty (but with access denied, that makes sense as well.)

Solving the BSoD fixed this oddity as well (and all of my personal account files/settings were still there.) But how or why would this sort of thing happen?

A:[SOLVED] Curiosity: "Access Denied." to Admin?

When you are logged in as Admin, you don't always have access to the files under another user account - Administrator is a separate account. It's like you and I sharing a computer, I don't have access to your files and you don't have access to mine. I think you might be able to view the other user's files if both user names aren't password protected, I don't remember off hand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-curiosity-and-quot-access-denied-and-quot-to-admin-601215.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Just tried to save change in a program I was working in when a pop-up box appeared telling me the "system administrator wouldn't allow this change". Lost all my work Checked under my computer/control panel/users and passwords and there is now:

user name group

administrator administrators
guest guests
jan (me) administrators

every option is grayed out and I can't change anything. I don't remember ever seeing anyone there but me. Can anyone tell me what happened and does someone have access to my system?
Thanks,
Jan

A:Afraid I have "guests" with access to sys admin functions.

try logging on as admin,when you get in turn off the guest account you may not have given yourself admin rights
to log in as admin
hold the ctrl-alt key and press del twice
this will bring up the admin log on window

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/afraid-i-have-guests-with-access-to-sys-admin-functions.159150/
Relevancy 90.3%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS denied is "C" Problems parameter with administrator, incorrect, for access Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Problems with administrator, parameter is incorrect, access denied for "C" Acadia Antivirus Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Disabled To start with Problems with administrator, parameter is incorrect, access denied for "C" I have tried all of the programs offered here and no results Couldn t change Administrator as it says that quot Unable to display current owner quot I tried to download the different programs and the error message states quot parameter is incorrect quot and it s with other programs that is already on my computer Can t run any antivirus to check out the system and the virus program that I do have can t be turned on or run Tried to make a clean start but won t allow that I do have everything backed up on the extended F drive What do you suggest that I can do I m at my electrons end Thank you for any help that you can offer Ozzway nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-administrator-parameter-is-incorrect-access-denied-for-c.1027545/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi I'm having an issue where when attempting to create a local port on a remote PC via On Denied" Console) Management PC Port Printer Remote Local "Access (Print When Creating the Print Management Console in Windows I get an quot Access Denied quot error message All machines are domain joined Tried with W and Server R too - same issue Firewall all three states off AV solution completely removed Tried with highest domain admin account Tried with UAC turned "Access Denied" When Creating Local Printer Port On Remote PC (Print Management Console) off and on Ran as admin when launching console GP - Point and Print Restrictions - Disabled GP - Allow Print Spooler to accept client connections - "Access Denied" When Creating Local Printer Port On Remote PC (Print Management Console) Enabled Print and File Sharing - On Network Sharing - On To clarify it is simply creating the port element that fails Can create TCP IP ports OK Can create Local Ports on the local machine nbsp OK - just not on remote machines Can install printer if an existing local port is used so drivers install OK Using PowerShell can use the Add Printer Port command to add the local port no problems there It just seems to be an issue where the console attempts to verify if the said port exists that the issue occurs nbsp If a put in an invalid port name in it will bring up the correct response of quot the network name cannot be found quot Cheers

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9bc6ff11-0550-4925-afa7-cf55865def0b/quotaccess-deniedquot-when-creating-local-printer-port-on-remote-pc-print-management-console?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi everyone I have a small problem I'm running windows pro and it appears windows is protecting it's program folders or system folders anyways from unauthorised modification So for example I have Trion's Defiance which I play from time to time and it starts through a patcher that can't patch unless I chose to run as administrator certain admin How to stick that rights programs give Yet if I How to give certain programs admin rights that stick look at properties and tick quot run as administrator quot it doesn't stick my account has admin rights I also changing the patcher exe's rights i e All application packages and giving it all rights modifying sub folders etc But that doesn't seem to work either The only thing that makes it work properly is quot run as administrator quot And I want to be able to execute this certain exe with administraror rights every time without the need to click on it every single time I guess I could just reinstall the game in a non-program folder but I'd like to have it there Plus that might help with other programs too

A:How to give certain programs admin rights that stick

Did you right-click a shortcut or the actual executable when you checked "run as admin" and it didn't stick?
Did you go one step further and click the "change settings for all users" at the bottom of the view and click "run as admin" there?

(Option Five)
Run as Administrator - in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/29033-how-give-certain-programs-admin-rights-stick.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi folks - - looking for help here with what seems to be a common problem: Vista can "connect" with wifi but won't allow me to browse - it says "local access" only.

A little background: this is my neighbor's wifi; he kindly allows me to use it. Recently he installed a new router & Comcast account. Using his password, my wife's Mac can see and use his network just fine. I can't. Status lists connectivity as "local."

FYI, I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 on a Toshiba satellite.

I've tried a number of fixes gleaned from other forums: resetting my adaptor, disabling IPv6 in several places (i.e. in connection properties and in the device manager); etc. Many offer various recipes for digging into the registries to do this or that, but I'm leery unless I know for sure that that's the right thing to do.

Any suggestions?

A:Vista "Local Only" access problem

Hi,

Sorry but unfortunately as I am/ we are unable to assist you in this matter as we cannot verify your statement on the "Use of your neighbor's wifi".

Again, sorry about that.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293035-vista-local-only-access-problem.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Sorry for replying to such an old thread but I am having a problem like this I wonder if this problem has been fixed by a windows update but the pc I am working with has a clean install of vista home premium with sp and sp Only" wifi "Local - Access Vista installed As with Vista wifi - "Local Access Only" the problem in the op Vista wifi - "Local Access Only" here the laptop connects to the router but displays the status local access only The laptop is an Acer and the Vista wifi - "Local Access Only" router is a netgear dg g I have narrowed this down to being something to do with the encryption type as with encryption disabled the connection works perfectly If I try to configure WEP I get a message saying wps will not work if I use this Other methods like WPA and WPA claim to connect but have the 'local access only' message when the pointer is hovered over the connection icon Any help greatly appreciated as this is a time consuming problem but I am more curious to know how it was resolved as none of the numerous suggestions I have tried have worked Thanks

A:Vista wifi - "Local Access Only"

Hi -

I moved your post to this new thread.

Old thread from 2008 closed --> http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ly-262636.html

Let's see what the system can tell us about your wifi. Please download the zip file, extract the EXE file - save to Desktop. RIGHT-click on EXE icon, select "Run as Administrator".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/atta...griff2_exe.zip

2 Notepads will open - one behind the other. Save both as text files. Attach them to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wifi-local-access-only-477902.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a newly built computer that I assembled last night and the wireless is not working. When I try to connect, it says "connecting to the network is taking longer than usual" and then after awhile it says "connection unsuccessful"... then I hover over the network icon in the taskbar and it says "unidentified network: local access only"

I cannot open web pages. I have filtered through many pages of google results on this problem and nothing i saw fixed it.

More details:
windows vista ultimate 64bit sp1
brand new linksys wireless-g pci adapter with latest drivers
linksys wireless-g DSL router
wireless network does not have any kind of encryption
(no WEP, etc.)
DHCP enabled

two other computers in the house work just fine with the wireless.... one with xp home 32bit, and the other with vista home premium 32bit

A:vista wireless "local access only"

Hmm, this is curious, normally i get this problem in school (with WPA-Enterprise encryption) but never with no encryption...

Does your router have a firewall in it's firmware?
(could be blocking IPs or MAC adresses)

Can you ping/view the router?

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wireless-local-access-only-262636.html
Relevancy 89.44%

This seems to be a widespread problem and it is really driving me totally nuts I have a brand new PC together with a faithful wireless router and to cut a long story short ended up with a successful internet connection for a couple of weeks via my usb wireless network adaptor Then a week ago for reasons unclear but hopefully irrelevant given subsequent system recovery the internet connection stopped and reverted to local access only Initially resetting the router nightmare only" Vista access "local worked but not for long Then I tried various system restores and netsh commands to rebuild the tcp stack and repair winsock if they were ever corrupted Finally I tried the DhcpConnDisableBcastFlagToggle registry entry and that Vista "local access only" nightmare seemed to work but again not for long Since then nothing at all has managed to get away from just local access The wireless signal is very strong I have restored the vista image from the recovery disk and installed only the precise driver that worked during the period of successful internet connectivity I have disabled IPv added the registry entry above all to no avail I can access my wireless router itself via my vista machine and can ping my xp laptop which is connected just fine My iphone connects my friend's xp laptop connects and another friend's mac book connects The only thing that doesn't connect is this vista pc and the only thing that is on is vista fresh from recovery and the driver from October that worked before Any help would be gratefully appreciated

A:Vista "local access only" nightmare

From a clean restore of the vista image I tried these steps from another discussion forum:

"I ALWAYS do the following steps to solve this problem in many computers, and it never fails:

1) Power Settings to High Performance
2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\[guid]\DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag 0 wireless interface
3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\[guid]\ArpRetryCount 0
4) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents 255 (hex)
5) Start -> Run -> services.msc -> Disable "IP Helper"
6) Start -> Run -> ncpa.cpl -> Right click ur wireless conection -> Uncheck TCP/IP 6
7) Start -> Run -> cmd ->
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global ecncapability=enabled
8) Reboot"

Didn't fix my issue, but the current state of play is that not only can I connect via IE to my wireless router, I can ping my laptop by name, and I can ping google.co.uk using it's ip address rather than the name.

Also I noted that in my laptop's ipconfig /all I had DNS servers other than my router specified, whereas in vista I had my router specified (albeit that the router is set to assigning it automatically from the isp and shows a different value again).

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/223636-vista-local-access-only-nightmare.html
Relevancy 89.44%

C:\Documents and Settings\RLT\Local Settings\Temp

Can't see Local Settings folder
Have "Show all folders" on
checked "show protected files "
Still "Local Settings" folder will not display
Any ideas on why it remains hidden and how to force it to display?

Relevancy 89.01%

Hello I have a problem on my Windows Professional machines restored from an Acronis backup where I have a local Security Group quot myGROUP quot lists several members as unresolved SIDs S- - - -aaaaaaaaaaaa-bbbbbbbbb-ccccccc- I need to delete quot myGROUP quot but when I try to I get the error quot The specified account name is not a member of the group quot It appears to be associated with the unresolved user because I then proceed to remove the SID and hit apply to which I get the same error as before I've Users group." being the account specified of Group member not Unresolved Local from preventing name Security deleted: is "The a tried using CMD and Powershell to delete with no success I've tried deleting the Unknown User profiles I've looked in the registry to see if I can find the user profiles in the HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList but they are not listed I did however notice that the SID listed in the membership of quot myGROUP quot was similar to one listed in the ProfileList as the start and end were the same but the middle strings were different Unresolved SID S- - - -aaaaaaaaaaaa-bbbbbbbbb-ccccccc- ProfileList SID S- - - -dddddddddd-eeeeeeee-fffffff- Could the Acronis restore have changed the SID of my user thus corrupting the local group Is there any way to fix this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2db46bf1-2d5e-46f9-ab66-430217d41791/unresolved-users-preventing-local-security-group-from-being-deleted-quotthe-specified-account?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 89.01%

I don't know what I have done to cause this, but in contacting my pc manufacturer for support, they have told me to re-set it back to my factory settings, but to do this, I will have to clear my main hard drive, and save everything on it to my second hard drive, and then reinstall all of my programs, and unfortunately, I have plenty of them, etc and this could be time consuming.

Is there some way around this? I have found and tried a few other solutions on the internet, but none of them have worked.

Thanks if someone can give me some guidance here.

regards,

Steve Martin
Australia

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/administrator-has-restricted-access-to-cd-dvd-rom-drives-220196.html
Relevancy 89.01%

G day all I am hoping someone may be able to tell me why my local folders appear under quot The Internet quot Local Places" Solved: opening Network appear "My Folders "The as Internet"when on one of our work computers rather than under quot Local Network quot We have four machines running XP Home and one running XP Pro The front machine has XP Home on it and I cannot open any Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" of the shared folders for this machine on any of the other three machines even though they all have the same workgroup name Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" They are all connected via CAT cable and we have a Netcomm NB ADSL modem router a Netcomm V Telephone Adapter VOIP modem and an port switch in the boss s office And the front computer s folder s and drives that I have chosen to be shared are listed under quot The Internet quot Does anyone know why this is and how I would go about correcting it Thankyou for your help and time Aaron nbsp

A:Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-folders-appear-as-the-internet-when-opening-my-network-places.578697/
Relevancy 89.01%

I have to set up a Broadband connection. But Local Area connection icon is missing. Someone told "drivers" could be missing... I installed few. But the problem is as it was.. please guide me in this regards.. Thank you

Screen shots Attached

A:"Local Area Connection" missing in "Change adapter Settings".. Plz hlp

Hi and welcome to the Forum
Is the Broadband connection working OK?
Where are you looking for the icon? Can you post a screenshot of the location where you expect to see the LAN icon?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286724-local-area-connection-missing-change-adapter-settings-plz-hlp.html
Relevancy 88.58%

After upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1 - my standard user does no longer have administration rights.

in computer administration ->local user and Groups - the properties for the user shows that the user belongs the Group administrators.

However when I access the user account in the control panel the user shows up as "standard" and I cannot change that while logged in as standard user.

I have tried logging in as Administrator (using the built in administrator) - but here I am also unable to change the setting of the standard user from "standard" to "Administrator" - the "change account type" button
is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

I have tried everything I can think of, read all I could find on the net - but to no avail.

Can u assist

A:unable to give user admin rights in windows 8.1

Hello Ivanhoe, and welcome to Eight Forums.

What other groups does Local Users and Groups show that the standard user belongs to?

While signed out of the standard account and signed in to the built-in Administrator, see if you may be able to use one of the other options in the tutorial below to change the account type of the standard user to be administrator.

User Account Type - Change in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38069-unable-give-user-admin-rights-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Good afternoon,

I would like to know if it's possible to give admin rights to a specific software for a user.
I have a user who uses HTC sync to sync with outlook.
Problem : it won't work unless he has admin rights
So I created a shortcut on his desktop with this :

C:\WINDOWS\system32\runas.exe /savecred /user:Administrator"C:\Program Files\htc\uhtcloader.exe"

This does open HTC sync as admin without prompting for the admin password.
That would do the trick for some other apps...

However, doing that opens HTC "as admin" which means it cannot find the user's Outlook profile.

That's why I wonder if it's possible to give admin rights to a software a different way that would use the user's credentials ?

thanks for your ideas...

A:[SOLVED] How to give admin rights to a specific Software

Hi sobersong,

Interesting environment, actually giving users the possibility to run administration applications without any special permission, but anyways :)

You have 2 options to solving this issue:

1. Set to run as AN administrator (Right click > Properties > Compability tab > Mark "Run this program as an administrator). It will then not be ran as the specific user "Administrator", but with admin Privilegies.

2. Set the security settings to Full Control on the application. (Right click > Properties > Security tab)

Should solve your issues.

EDIT:

While this is the Windows XP forum you state Windows 7 as your operating system. Solution 1 only works in Windows 7. Solution 2 works with XP though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-how-to-give-admin-rights-to-a-specific-software-589107.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have W7 Home Premium on my VAIO laptop with only one account, which is an Administrator account. I would like to change my account to a Standard User account but first I would like to add an account with the name of Administrator with Administrator authority and give it a password.

I'm not sure if this has any effect on the "built-in" Administrator account.

Thanks,
Robert

A:Can I add an "Administrator" account?

Welcome Robert,
Here's a tutorial that should help you out,

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ts.html?filter

Also here's some info on the built in administrator account,

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Which is disabled by default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/86208-can-i-add-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 87.72%

i Recently bought and hp windows 7 computer 64 bit and it was fine but two weeks later it does this it was working few hour ago and now it saids this ""Local Area Connection" Doesn't have a valid ip config"
what does that mean? i couldnt fix it, i turned off the router, modem did a pc recovery and i also waited. it didnt do anything how do i fix this? am not really good at pc can someone give met he step one by one?

A:""Local Area Connection" Doesn't have a valid ip config "

Quote: Originally Posted by markxsimu

i Recently bought and hp windows 7 computer 64 bit and it was fine but two weeks later it does this it was working few hour ago and now it saids this ""Local Area Connection" Doesn't have a valid ip config"
what does that mean? i couldnt fix it, i turned off the router, modem did a pc recovery and i also waited. it didnt do anything how do i fix this? am not really good at pc can someone give met he step one by one?

You should first try resetting the router by holding down the reset button for 30 seconds, still holding down the button, unplug the router for 30 seconds, power back up while still holding down the button for 30 more seconds.

After that it's required that you go into the routers settings and make sure the wireless is set up correctly, you need to add SSID "name of network" set up a password to connect, then choose the security and encryption, WPA2 and AES encryption tends to work best with Windows 7 drivers.

After that check your wireless profile for this connection by going to the Network and Sharing center, look left for "Manage wireless connections" and use the same settings that you used for the router.

If you are still having problems please post the ipconfig/all from this machine and I'll have a look at it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236591-local-area-connection-doesnt-have-valid-ip-config.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I am going 'round & 'round with this issue. I log on as limited user account for security. However, when I am on that acct, I cannot copy files to the external HP drive - I have to switch over to the admin user account to do so. In order to use the limited account for this operation, I have read that you should disable simple file sharing, (on admin acct), then rt clik on the file u want to copy - this then opens a menu with security tab where you are supposed to be able to give full control to the limited acct for that file. My admin acct that brings up this menu has those boxes to check grayed out. Also, do you have to rt click and give full permission for any file that you want to copy? (once you have this all figured out) - Seems a bit cumbersome. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-hp-pocket-media-drive-as-limited-user-not-admin.912069/
Relevancy 87.72%

My Windows 10 laptop has several shared drives (not folders).
They are shared with Everyone, Full Control, Password-Protected sharing is off.

I can't access them from my main PC, but I can access the Users\Public folder.

Sharing settings below...

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45176-shared-drive-your-user-account-doesnt-have-permission-access.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have to user "Network" dir. access my denied account Accidentally regular a computer running windows bit ult I changed settings on the Network-PC users BOB to Accidentally denied my regular user account access to "Network" dir. deny all access to BOB Immediately after doing this my desktop disappeared and things stopped Accidentally denied my regular user account access to "Network" dir. working I thought it was a simple fix I went into the Admin account and changed it so that user BOB had access to the directory BOB As far as I can tell I've given BOB every possible ability to access anything However logging into BOB results in the inability to use windows search unable to open video files in appdata almost every program is broken either saying corruption which isn't true or out of memory or access denied I attempted to create a new username but certain programs will not open under this username Is there ANY way to simply UNDO that one step According to admin and everything BOB should have unrestricted access to everything but everything is broken Could not even get simple things to run like Handbrake All permissions on every drive is set to allow BOB full control Attempting to set permissions within the account called BOB results in the false error message that the file doesn't exist or BOB doesn't have access Right click shows full access I need to figure out how to undo ONE mistake you'd think it would be as easy as undoing what you did but apparently windows error messages are generating errors that are themselves errors I've tried adjusting quot owners quot but that is practically a field of quantum physics Ran SFC scannow as suggested elsewhere and nothing EDIT Addition Trying to access certain files while on the ADMIN profile results in an error message that says quot BOB Programnamehere refers to a location that is unavailable quot I just need to unbreak every single program on my computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/380814-accidentally-denied-my-regular-user-account-access-network-dir.html
Relevancy 87.72%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have searched extensively on this issue and followed all the steps I can find to no avail there were even similar issues on these forums but those "Access: Only" problem Local discussions are now closed I am on a Vista laptop connected to the internet via an ethernet connection which works perfectly The problem arises when trying to set up a wireless ad hoc connection so that my iPod can connect to the internet too I have done this and this also works with low data intensive sites i e mobile google mail amp mobile BBC news However sites like facebook or BBC iPlayer can t load The ad-hoc connection is listed as quot Unidentified network quot and it s access says quot Local only quot Whereas with the ethernet connection provides quot Local and Internet quot "Access: Local Only" problem access Is there any way to improve the ad hoc connection preferably to allow it to also give quot Local and Internet quot access C Users Andy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name u p Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description "Access: Local Only" problem Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D -CF- A-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -D -E - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enable... Read more

A:"Access: Local Only" problem

Why not do this with a wireless router, it's a MUCH better solution.

If you insist on using the ad-hoc connection, here's one for XP, VIsta is very similar.

ICS - Making the Wireless Home Network Connection in Windows XP Without a Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-local-only-problem.802062/
Relevancy 87.72%

When I look under quot Network Connections quot on my Vista machine it says quot Access to Local only quot as pictured here I just started up only" me has baffled Local to "Access my computer today and with the exception of a short while I only get the aforementioned error when I try connect to the internet I have tried using different cables both cat e and cat I have tried using both the gigabit Ethernet ports that came as a part of my motherboard and a gigabit Ethernet cart that is plugged into a PCI slot I have also tried switching the ports on the Ethernet switch that the machine is plugged into I have a secondary machine that works fine in all the ports on the switch I am also having no luck connecting with my built in wireless adapter I have even booted with a Linux live CD and get a similar quot limited connection quot error with that I am completely out of ideas can anyone help me diagnose this problem I am feeling really desperate here If you need more information just ask Thanks nbsp

A:"Access to Local only" has me baffled

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-to-local-only-has-me-baffled.750884/
Relevancy 87.72%

I have searched extensively on this issue and followed all the steps I can find to no avail there were even similar issues on these forums but those discussions are now closed I am on a Vista laptop connected to the internet via an ethernet connection which works perfectly The problem arises only" Local problem "Access: when trying to set up a wireless ad hoc connection so that my iPod can connect to the internet too I have done this and this also works with "Access: Local only" problem low data intensive sites i e mobile google mail amp mobile BBC news However sites like facebook or BBC iPlayer can't load The ad-hoc connection is listed as quot Unidentified network quot and it's access says quot Local only quot Whereas with the ethernet connection provides quot Local and Internet quot access Is there any way to improve the ad hoc connection preferably to allow it to also give quot Local and Internet quot access C Users Andy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name u p Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No "Access: Local only" problem WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D -CF- A-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -D -E - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F A E - - AD - D- CCED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enable... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/211520-access-local-only-problem.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi all,

I am running Vista Business on a relatively new Dell Latitude D830.

Like thousands before me my previously functioning wireless has now decided not to work for absolutely no reason. However, the Dhcpbroadcastflag fixes have not worked for me, restarting hasn't worked, disabling all the security hasn't worked, and i just don't know what else to do. Any advice?

Relevancy 87.72%

I read a few posts about this issue didn t help please. only" ole Good access "local help I determined this is the info I should provide Wont connect to any wireless networks Compaq Presario c Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Good ole "local access only" help please. C Users Joshua gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Joshua-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Dynex Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Dynex Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ae a ad Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday August AM Lease Expires Monday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -D -C -CB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Dynex Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Joshua gt nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

I've inherited a Windows 7 box that was on a domain. I cannot add users or view the Security log to get a hint as to why. I'm 99.9% certain this is because of GPOs pushed to it while it was on the domain,a nd I'm nearly as certain that the admins of that domain will respond to my query with, "Dunno, you should reimage it." The last thing I want to do is reimage a Windows machine I don't give a fig about... a few users use it for email, and it works for that.

If anyone has any guesses as to what registry keys or whetever might be invovled, I'd appreciate a note!

A:"Access denied" as admin

Are you logging in as local administrator or a domain user?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400611-access-denied-admin.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have four external drives (FAT32) and opened Partition Magic a couple of days ago. It said one drive was "BAD". MS Disk Administrator says drive is "Healthy".

I am able to access this drive through Windows Explorer and do anything I want with the data. This appears to be a false reading by Partition Magic but I am not completely convinced of this because it has been such a good program for many years.

Do you think I have a failing drive?

A:Partition Magic says drive "BAD". Disk Administrator says "Healthy"

I wouldn't trust either program. Find out the manufacturer of the hard drive and download their hard drive diagnostics. The manufacturer's own tests should give you a much better idea if its in good shape or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-magic-says-drive-bad-disk-administrator-says-healthy.452337/
Relevancy 87.29%

I'm running a Dell Dimension 8100 with Windows XP. Whenever I start up my computer, it goes through the Dell and Windows XP loading stuff, then it says "One of your disks needs to be checked for consistancy", etc. But if I let it disk check or just skip it, a blue screen flashes for about a second, and the only things I can catch are "system32" and "Physical Dump".

It then restarts and goes to the screen where you can run in the various safe modes, last known good configuration, or start normally. If I choose any of the safe modes, it starts to load them, but freezes. If I choose last known good configuration or start normally, it'll repeat the whole process. Does anyone know what's going on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-even-let-me-access-the-choose-account-screen.705680/