Windows Support Forum

how to download recovery manager

Q: how to download recovery manager

I format the HP Pavilion dv6 with iso unofficial and HP programs are not I need the recovery manager

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: how to download recovery manager

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: how to download recovery manager

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue. The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer, inside the battery compartment or on the startup BIOS screen. Please see How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more assistance locating this information. DO NOT include your serial number. Sorry, but HP only provides the HP Recovery Manager as part of the factory installation. HP doesn't provide downloads of the HP Recovery Manager, HP Recovery Partition or HP Recovery Media. You may need to order the HP Recovery Media to return you computer to a factory like state. Please contact HP in your country / region via the HP Worldwide Support Portal to order HP Recovery Media. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-download-recovery-manager/td-p/5686781
Relevancy 66.65%

how to download recovery manager?

A:how to download recovery manager?

Sorry, but the HP Recovery Manager, HP Recovery Image, and HP Recovery Media aren't available for download. Based on the HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k025dx Sleekbook Product Specifications page, this computer shipped with Windows 8 64bit installed. If you are trying to create a recovery image of Windows, the HP Recovery Manager would not do that. Please use Windows built-in function to create a "Windows System Image Backup". If you are looking to return the computer to a factory like state, use the HP Recovery Media you created when you first setup the computer. If you didn't create the media, please contact official HP Support to see if HP Recovery Media if available to purchase. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-download-recovery-manager/td-p/5611750
Relevancy 58.05%

I need help! My PC has had it's ways with viruses, and I have removed them, but I think they messed up windows recovery manager, as I can't start it. It's renamed to "Rebecca.exe". Anyways, please post a link to windows recovery manager for:   Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Intel Core i7 AMD RADEON graphics card on an HP PAvilion dv6 notebook Laptop

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Download-windows-recovery-manager-windows-7-home-prem-64bit/td-p/5598500
Relevancy 52.46%

So a while ago my Manager can't HP Why Up Offi... Open save Recovery Manager/Back automatic updates told me I should upgrade to Windows on my Windows Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... computer I did I've used it find for a while and then suddenly Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... it started repairing itself and I got one of those bsod that eventually lead me to a nbsp pick a keyboard set up It of course made it so that I couldn't use any ports keyboards or mice no matter which I used After some reading I was told to go back to factory settings but before I did that I used the backup manager that HP offers I selected music videos and documents actually I think I selected all of the available options Anyhow once my computer was finished backing itself up onto my external harddrive with the HP program I reset the computer back to factory settings Upon opening the recovery manager and searching through my recovered files i have everything except my Open Office Files Is there a reason why this happened Did I do something wrong Does anyone know why it wouldn't have accepted those as documents to back up I'm extremely frustrated as I am a writer a poor one obviously since I have to use a free program instead of Microsoft Office and everything I was working on is simply gone with no explanation nbsp nbsp Can anyone help me understand Possibly even help me find the files if they are somewhere not quite so obvious

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Why-can-t-HP-Recovery-Manager-Back-Up-Manager-save-Open/td-p/5850885
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok i have been downloading rapidshare links with flashget for years then about weeks ago My Acer Laptop Aspire vista home basic started to crash Now whenever i use flashget to download i have premium account paste all urls and press start then it downloads fine for maybe mins then my vista just freezes and crashes and restarts i have tried this on flashget and latest version all the same so i then tried internet download manager same thing happens finally i tried orbit downloader and it happens with that too wht the heck is hapened please help i rapidshare and files Vista try download download manager everytime i crashes with any am using an acer aspire Vista crashes everytime i try and download rapidshare files with any download manager laptop with windows vista home basic i could always download great until weeks ago no i can only get - mins tops and crash my downloads i pay for every month have just been wasted this month i have run every virus spy ware scanner there is including kaspersky spy bot and avg amp adware no infections i am at a loss please help I Have tried using your uninstaller and removed flashget and IDM and reinstalled but same issue ps vista and internet is fine only when i try and download i hope you can help many thanks in advance -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Acer Aspire AMD Turion GB Ram GB Hard drive NVIDIA Geforce m nforce m external usb GB Hard drive

A:Vista crashes everytime i try and download rapidshare files with any download manager

Any ideas anyone please, my mkonthly downloads i pay for are being wasted please help i am at a loss.......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-crashes-everytime-i-try-and-download-rapidshare-files-with-any-download-manager-278076.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys, I've searched for this but couldn't find the solution. The problem is that after a few minutes...like 20 or so. The download on my Windows 7 stops working...Take a look at the picture.

It says connecting and the lights on the modem start blinking as if it is downloading but it doesn't. I can still browse websites but can't download even in Opera, Mozilla or IE. I've been using Spybot and KIS for 4 years now, so I don't think there is a problem of virus or malware. Please help!

A:Download stops working in Windows7, Internet Download Manager, Everywhere

Guys, I've updated KIS to 2010 and I think it is the problem as I exited the application and then started the download on IDMan. It started to work. But why KIS is doing this. Is there any settings problem with the firewall?? The problem still continues with KIS turned on.!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-stops-working-in-windows7-internet-download-manager-everywhere-399390.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys, I've searched for this but couldn't find the solution. The problem is that after a few minutes...like 20 or so. The download on my Windows 7 stops working...Take a look at the picture.
It says connecting and the lights on the modem start blinking as if it is downloading but it doesn't. I can still browse websites but can't download even in Opera, Mozilla or IE. I've been using Spybot and KIS [Kaspersky Internet Security] for 4 years now, so I don't think there is a problem of virus or malware. Please help!

A:Download stops working in Windows7, Internet Download Manager, Everywhere

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-stops-working-in-windows7-internet-download-manager-everywhere.847188/
Relevancy 52.03%

I will try to be as precise as possible and give as much info as I can but I'm not sure what info is inconsequential and what HP HP manager recovery get inability Recovery Pavilion to error and past isn't at HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager this point But here goes For weeks I have tried to outsmart whoever it is that has had complete remote access to my laptop but changing as many admin permissions and incoming outgoing connections that I could find to keep them out A couple of days ago I did a system HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager restore to factory settings thinking this would do it It didn't he was still there He locked me out of all admin tools yesterday I have a system recovery disc made about a year ago and put that in my CD drive tonight thinking I could completely reformat the drive and wipe him out However at start-up I pushed F and came up with a screen that said something about HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager running the disc from E drive I apologize for not be able to give you specific language but I never thought it would get this far with no progress However under the line showing the drive it was booting from there was another line that started quot DETECTHAL REDIRECT quot then went on to say something about quot redirect name quot and redirect path quot none of which sounded legit to me And considering that this intruder had created so many other fake error info msgs already I didn't want to take the chance of this being something else that he had stuck in there I backed out of that reboot and restarted I've subequently tried to restart over a dozen times from the CD but even in Safe Mode it reverts to the HP Recovery Manager Once there I go through the prompts to reformat but then get an error msg that says error x a If the problem persists contact HP quot I can't get past this error nor can I get any type of command promt to come up I tried starting in safe mode with command prompt and it reverted back to the recovery manager Once the error comes up and I click OK to close it my laptop restarts and I continue in the same endless cycle If I try to boot up without the recovery disc in the CD drive I get a black screen that says quot Operating system not found quot I am assuming then that my Windows Vista system recovery disc is not working although if I put it into another computer I can see the files on it and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong I have a backup disc that I made a couple of years ago when I had Norton installed but have not tried them Should I Also a friend suggested that I use the recovery discs for my PC with Windows just to get an operating system loaded if it will load automatically from the CD then go in and try to access the Vista recovery CD I wish there was a quick fix to all of this as its been a very long weeks trying to get this guy out of my laptop and frustrating because I've been so incredibly unsuccessful I know you ask for detailed system information but I'm not sure what more I can tell you Please let me know what you need and I will do my very best to answer Any help with this issue would be so so appreciated - beyond words at this point So thank you to whoever can help

A:HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager

It sounds to me like you have malware. I suggest running malwarebytes.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296083-hp-pavilion-recovery-error-inability-get-past-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I Installed Explorer 10 on my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit yesterday everything seems fine with the exception of download manager. When downolading files it completes download then says running security scan after that says files has virus and deletes the file so I am now unable to download files. I checked known safe sites such as NVidia and get same issue onall sites. This did not exisit until installing IE 10

A:Explorer 10 Download Manager not allowing complete download

As a follow up I did a reeset and selected recommended settings still same result

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/301506-explorer-10-download-manager-not-allowing-complete-download.html
Relevancy 51.17%

If I abandon my efforts to install the latest Windows 10 update, would it be a feasible and a good choice for me to command HP Recovery Manager to make the "Minimized Image Recovery" to the factory condition of OS (Windows 7 Home Edition) with drivers and select software?  I have used HP Recovery Mgr to backup my files on an external hard drive.  Next question: How do I restore those files to my computer?  Should the restoration be done in Windows 7 or after I install Windows 10 on my computer?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-option-of-quot-Minimzed-Image-Recovery/td-p/5843826
Relevancy 51.17%

I am on Windows 10, and for the past couple months I have had booting/BSOD errors that usually give me "bad_system_config_info" and occasionally, "0xc000021a ". Sometimes, I have been able to boot in by accessing the UEFI settings, other times it seems like it just randomly decides to let me log in to my computer normally. When I am able to login, I check for viruses and I haven't found any, as well as run commands like "sfc/scannow", "chkdsk", or "bootsect".  I am trying to recreate recovery media via the HP Recovery Manager, but each time I insert the empty flashdrive, the Recovery Manager suddenly crashes. Please, any response to these combined issues would be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to use this laptop regularly for months now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-Crashes-when-I-try-to-make-Recovery/td-p/5757604
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running windows 7 on my laptop. I has windows vista before the upgrade. I had recovery discs for windows vista created from the recovery manager. I tried to make discs for windows 7. I would like to know why it won't let me make a disc for windows 7 because if I had trouble and needed to put in the recovery discs I wouldn't want to use the ones i had for windows vista. what should i do? here are screenshots to show what happens when i try to create the discs for windows 7.

A:Problem w/ creating recovery disc in Recovery Manager

HP PC Recovery Disc Creator, is for your HP Vista only, not for UpGrade of Win 7.

Try this:

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66037-problem-w-creating-recovery-disc-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a hp pavilion g7-1219wm Notebook PC and upgraded from windows 7 home premium to the new windows 10 and the hp set up manager and hp recovery manager will not open the user account  control says this app has been blocked for your protection. I do not know if my Norton 360 is blocking it or what. Windows 10 also did not load the hp wifi connection manager.  My hp launch box ans hp support assistant works fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

A:HP recovery manager and hp setup manager not working with wi...

I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC and I have experienced the same problem with HP Setup Manager after upgradingfrom Windows 7 to Windows 10. It has also de-activated my Microsoft Office 2010 and completely got rid of my Norton antivirus program. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks WinonaJS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-recovery-manager-and-hp-setup-manager-not-working-with/td-p/5176949
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys i am trying to download windows 7 RC but everytime the computer crashes download manager restarts the download.Any workarounds or anyway i can restart the download without having to do it all over again again??I mean It's 2.3 GB and seems impossible to download.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, from several days I'm struggling with an annoying issue. So, while downloading different files over the Internet with download manager my downloading in the certain point suddenly going down without any concrete reason. I have tried everything without any effects (even format), but I have only managed to get rid of this problem while sitting on virutal machine running Windows XP Professional SP3 but that's not the way for me. I have attached some screens showing what I have mean, maybe someone could help me because it's driving me insane...

1. Before.
2. After.

A:Download issues: Internet Download Manager

It looks you have a problem in IDM's dynamic file segmentation. Try to download the IDM again from its site, make a fresh install and check if the problem persists.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253073-download-issues-internet-download-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

any idea ?..
My Free Download Manager can't download any EXE file. Every i clicked download the status always showed message that "*.exe - Stopped"

A:Download Manager can't download any application file

VIRUS REMOVAL / PROTECTION 1. Download MalwareBytes. Malwarebytes
2. Disconnect from the Internet.
3. Disable your present antivirus software.
4. Remove your present antivirus software.
5. Install and run the MalwareBytes Quick Scan (remove any bad guys)
6. Reconnect to Internet.
7. Update MalwareBytes.
8. Run malwarebytes quick scan again.(remove any bad guys)
9. Download and Install Microsoft Security Essentials.
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Now I advise you disable MalwareBytes and only enable again when and if you need it..

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/87608-download-manager-cant-download-any-application-file.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Quote A free download manager designed to integrate seamlessly with Windows is now available from Microsoft Dubbed the Microsoft Download Manager the utility is Free Windows 7 Download Manager RTM Download designed as the label implies to help users administer their downloads beyond the boundaries of the browser More often than not downloading very large files can be problematic especially in the context of an unreliable connection It is precisely in scenarios like these that a download manager will carry out any download tasks to the end unlike browsers missing this functionality The Microsoft Download Manager enables Download Free Windows 7 RTM Download Manager you to download files from the Internet in a more reliable and faster way than Download Free Windows 7 RTM Download Manager using a browser alone Using the Download Manager makes it easier to download large files such as an application or multimedia files Microsoft explained According to the Redmond company the Microsoft Download Manager comes to the table with support not only for Windows but also for Windows Vista and Windows XP SP and SP Microsoft Download Manager was designed to work with Internet Explorer IE and IE but also with Firefox and Firefox Source - Download Free Windows RTM Download Manager - From Microsoft - Softpedia

A:Download Free Windows 7 RTM Download Manager

It's the worst download manager i have ever used.

The worst download manager-seven forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/86567-download-free-windows-7-rtm-download-manager.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ill cut a long story short. I need a video from youtube as i promised someone Id get it for them. FDL won't let me download them but it would a few days ago

PLEASE HELP

A:Can't Download Videos With Free Download Manager

Try this one.http://max.subfighter.com/flv/downloader.php

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127432/cant-download-videos-with-free-download-manager/
Relevancy 50.31%

I removed some spyware and recovery from Manager not Recovery Gateway the does work viruses from my father-in-laws computer It works ok for a little bit but then I will get a BSOD with the STOP x e error I do not have the peripherals that originally were installed on the system as I only took the tower to work on and have my own mouse keyboard and monitor installed Would this cause the problem At any rate I want to use the Gateway Recovery Center to do a factory system restore When I open it up and chose the factory restore option it wants me to restart my computer I chose to restart but it doesn't do the restore I have also asked it before to do a scandisk check recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work on start up but it won't do that either I have the mini dump files from the BSOD messages but I am just wondering if I should go ahead and take it back to his house and hook up the normal monitor and such and see if I get the BSOD then It doesn't seem to have any particular triggers like now I have had it on and running just fine for about minutes just trying the things that I have tried before It is running Windows Update now as it hasn't had any updates since March of this year I did a System Restore and then used Spybot S D to remove what was there whatever it had at the time would cause the computer to go to a blank white screen after about seconds on the desktop at startup I was told that it had started with some FBI pop up that was asking them to send to them to unlock their system or such Spybot caught a trojan something like fakeporn and removed it Since then the computer will start up normally but then give me te BSOD after a while It will start in safemode and run ok Guide me OMG don't judge me

A:recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work

This might help:http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...0x0000007e seems to often relate to drivers and 0x0000008e to RAM. If there is a virus still about then you could get confusing BSOD errors.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/recovery-from-the-gateway-recovery-manager-does-not-work/13395.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop has become very slow, I reinstalled windows and installed original drivers from HP's website. But, my laptop is still very slow. So, I'm hinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings. I don't have HP Backup & Recovery manager or Recovery Partition or any disc that came with laptop. If there is any way I can restore my laptop to Factory Settings, Please inform . And If I need to download anyting please give the link with it. Thank You.

A:Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Reset ...

Hi there @HPian_B,  Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from the community! I read that you would like to reset your HP Pavilion g6-2310ex Notebook PC to factory settings.  Please read the document called Backing Up Your Files. This will provide you with ways to back up the files you have on your Notebook. Here is a document for you to read called Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive. I pulled some information from the document for you. The first thing I would like to make you aware of is that only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program. The following disc types are not compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program:CDsDVD-RWDVD+RWDVD-RW DLDVD+RW DLYou will then also see that in the document it says: The Recovery Media Creation software program allows  only one complete set of discs to be created.The Recovery Media Creation software program  requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (Recovery Image (D) to create a set of discs. Uncorrupted means the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed.The creation process takes about 30 minutes per DVD. The entire recovery set does not need to be created in one session.The Recovery Media Creation software can be aborted at any time, except during the writing (burning) process, by clicking  Cancel. The next time the Recovery Media Creation software program is run, it automatically starts where it last stopped.You can use the recovery discs you create on your computer on another computer only if the second computer is the same model as the one that created the recovery discs.Here is a document called Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7) and another called Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using Microsoft Windows Backup and Restore. - This is used to Recover, Restore, or do a Clean Install of Windows 7.  Please make sure that you read these documents very carefully before you decided to reset to factory settings.  Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Please also re-post with the exact error message you received. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. Thanks!Have a great day

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to-Reset/td-p/5594620
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop came with Windows bit operating and there is a recovery partition to factory reset It was nbsp protected by the HP recovery manager After i update to Windows reset my PC not factory reset create manager media recovery recovery without with the option keep my files so now i have a Windows and i can create recovery media without recovery manager see nbsp in recovery partition nbsp one recovery folder and inside it one file of name lang in the Recovery partition rest of the files and i can't create recovery media without recovery manager see and there isn't any virus in my laptop its just create recovery media without recovery manager of changing settings i took the step of reset windows i believe my recovery partition is save but due to un availability of recovery manager it is not protected nbsp now i want to factory reset and by going to advance startup option i saw recovery manager ther but when i clicked to recovery manager it says can't open file x recovery hp rita-tool thats why i cannot proceed for factoey reset please guide me how can i get back recovery manager or how can i make recovery media nbsp please help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/create-recovery-media-without-recovery-manager/td-p/5832416
Relevancy 50.31%

.... but I didn't touch it.
My d:\ is not empty - it is almost 80% full but when i click on it there are no files. Tried - to the extent of my knowledge - to see if the files are hidden but didn't reach anywhere. Tried a restore point but that didnt work either. Please help

A:HP Recovery Manager says that my recovery partition has been removed

Recovery Manager has hiccups sometimes...
Try re-booting and entering at boot.

If that fails you can order the Recovery Media from HP for a reasonable price.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/237130-hp-recovery-manager-says-my-recovery-partition-has-been-removed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I had deleted recovery partition because of boot mgr error. pre-installed OS: Windows 8.1 I have also ordered two sets of hp recovery disc but both shows same error (boot mgr) but yesterday I can't even open system recovery from hp recovery disc by press F11, even I try to change bios setting from secure boot to legacy boot but can't  open system recovery  What I do now?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/can-t-open-HP-recovery-manager-from-hp-recovery-disc/td-p/5798200
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I am trying to completely factory reset my pc but when I select Windows Recovery Environment in HP recovery manager, it just brings me to the login screen after it restarts my computer. I have tried factory resetting using windows but I get the message 'Could not find the recovery environment.'Is it possible for me to factory reset without having to spend any money, or will I have to order a disk from HP?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-recovery-manager-Recovery-environment-not-doing-anything/td-p/5685793
Relevancy 50.31%

This is a last resort for me nbsp My PC failed and would no longer boot to Windows Just kept spinning while trying to load Manager Cannot failure. Recovery access Recovery nbsp At this point I decided to access Recovery Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager Manager to do a Systom Restore back to factory settings I know I should have created a restore point when upgrading to Windows but life lesson learned nbsp Either way my installation failed and I'm no longer able to access Recovery Manager I did my diligence and backed up Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager my files to USB but it's useless since there's no operating system nbsp I downloaded a copy of Windows and burned to a disk but when booting from CD Drive it doesn't prompt to install Windows just says it is preparing set up for first use then an error appears saying Windows could not complete installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation nbsp I tried using my CD key on the microsoft website to try and download a copy of windows but it wouldn't let me because it was a factory copy nbsp I'm at a complete loss right now can't find any help with this situation and paying someone to fix this isn't an option nbsp What am I missing here guys nbsp Any assistance would be appreciated

A:Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Hi @xxboramirxx I would suggest you try the troubleshooting steps given in the link below : http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418 I am an HP EmployeePlease click ?Accept as Solution? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.Click the ?Thumbs Up? to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-failure-Cannot-access-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5841450
Relevancy 50.31%

Guys I cant complete succesfully my system recovery nbsp Here is an event-by-event detail I have a DV Pavilion nbsp - I Complete fails) (Recovery Problem Recovery Manager Recovery Recovery is complete message appears Once your system restarts and you finish the inital - I restart- CMD exe window appears- Software Installation HP window appears- It restarts black window with HP Logo then Microsoft Corporation windows starting - Please wait while Windows sets up your computer Black screen - Please wait WHile Windows Continues Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) setting up your computer light blue screen - Restarts again- black screen mouse pointer windows logo appears start sound Welcome Screen appears Vista Home Premium - Windows setup window Windows is now setting up the following items Pre-PININST Check Preinstall Software InstallerPre-PININST Preinstall software Installer ndPost PININSTAC Power CheckingBurnBoot Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) All this with a HP on the back screen with the grey completation bar -Takes long time to complete the second task Preinstall Software Installer - Restarts Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) logging off shutting down - Black screen white pointer again- Windows Welcome screen againNow when it is in the Windows is now setting up the following items - Pre-PININST An Recovery Manager window appears saying that The recovery attempt has failed Please select one of the following buttons Details or RetryWhen I hit details it appears the following - ChkErrBB CMD Detect some error during PININST-BBV - ChKErrBB CMD Check C system sav logs BurnBootWarn logI hit retry and the DVD CD open and it restarted the machineAnd Again back to the Welcome to the Recovery Manager original screen nbsp nbsp How can I solve this Thanks Solved View Solution

A:Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails)

I found away past it. Just close the window with the "X". Don't hit retry or it will just keep starting over. The box will appear a few more times during the process, but just keep hitting X and it should go through. Worked for me! I'm not sure if there are features or files missing because of the errors, but the system seems to work fine so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager-Problem-Recovery-fails/td-p/97667
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello nbsp I upgraded Recovery the HP to Using Manager Recovery delete Partition--... my notebook to Windows shortly after it was offered in August nbsp I also upgraded my main drive with a smaller SSD nbsp So now that the notebook's been running OK for almost a year I'd like to delete the recovery partition nbsp I only have a GB SSD so deleting that Recovery partition would give me almost more space on my C drive nbsp I tried using two different partition programs to do this-- both apps let me delete the partition D Recovery-- far right top but then neither will let me add the new space to the C drive nbsp There is small partition between the two and they will let me resize that partition but not the C partition nbsp nbsp I found that the HP Recovery Manager that's installed on my notebook has an option for deleting the partition Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... but Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... it doesn't say where it will put the new unallocated space but I didn't go all the way with it yet nbsp If I work through it the rest of the way will it give me the option of where to put the new unallocated space nbsp Or will it add it to the C drive automatically nbsp nbsp Below is a snapshot of the drives configuration the drive on TOP is the one in question nbsp

A:Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--...

Hi, I can see C: and D: do not sit next to each other therefore Windows Disk Manager may not like this. Please try:     http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/combine-partitions-windows-10-free.html Note: you have to delete D: first. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Using-HP-Recovery-Manager-to-delete-the-Recovery-Partition/td-p/5706070
Relevancy 49.45%

Just looking for recommendations on these two kinds off apps.
Download manager-I've used Flashget in the past. It's OK so I could go back to it. I'm just wondering if there are any others that are worth looking at and why.
Wallpaper manager-I've noticed that many of the wallpaper managers strictly work with photos from the hard drive. I'd be interested in something similar to Google Screensaver that pulls wallpaper from the web, even from news stories. It looks like there was a Google Wallpaper for a while but it closed. I used Eyetide several years ago but they became a spyware trojan so I guess that's the other thing. Spyware free, please. It's too bad. It used to be a good product. I noticed one called Cool Wallpaper but I dunno.

A:Download Manager, Wallpaper Manager

For some really neat Wallpaper, check out Visual Paradox Free 3D Wallpaper.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102421/download-manager-wallpaper-manager/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi.

I have difficulty setting my free download manager to the default download program.

I did go to settings and set default download folder, but everything i start to download something it downloads on its own, slow, and without the help of DM

Any sugguestions?

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys i am trying to download windows 7 RC but everytime the computer crashes download manager restarts the download.Any workarounds or anyway i can restart the download without having to do it all over again again??I mean It's 2.3 GB and seems impossible to download.

A:download manager breaks download

Download as a .torrent file. I will asume this is not illegal right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-manager-breaks-download.827544/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all From the MS Store I bought a FULL VERSION Vista Home Premium DVD actual disc not the downloaded do burn download How I after Manager download iso using version With the right to a FULL How do I burn iso after download using download Manager VERSION Win when it releases on Oct nd I am thinking of getting it by downloading it from MS My question is really Simple How How do I burn iso after download using download Manager do I burn the iso to disk after Downloading it with the Download Manager to make it Bootable as if I got the actual disk A friend of mine said he downloaded his his was Vista without the Download Manager and there were - Separate files and couldn't figure out how to make it a bootable disk so he returned it for the actual media NOW if I download my Win Full Version disk to my Drive using the download manager WILL IT be a single iso file so that I can burn it as a bootable disk And if it is suppose to be - separate files then how do I go about combining them to make it bootable I'd hate to choose the download option and not be able to make use of it Only to have to pay FULL Price for an actual copy When I could just get my Free Copy for the price of Shipping and of coarse tax Any advice or Links I'd be most Grateful

A:How do I burn iso after download using download Manager

It should be a single ISO file.
-

How to burn an ISO image to disc..

Its simple really, download this, save it somewhere.

When its done downloading, go to the location you saved it, and extract the .zip file.

After that, open the folder it created and run 'IsoBurner'

Click on this;
Attachment 29934

Then locate the .iso file and select it.

Then burn it, you should also set the speed to the lowest possible to ensure their are no problems burning.

Sorry if its not that clear, I'm half awake about to go to sleep.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/26946-how-do-i-burn-iso-after-download-using-download-manager.html
Relevancy 49.02%

A:download breaks despite download manager

Your computer stats (all kind) are not very helpful. What OS are you using.? Is your download manager a 3rd party software prog or are you using the capability of resuming downloads on the MS site? Another point... Every time my computer crashes??? Does that happen a lot? if so, you may have a whole different kind of problem.

Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-breaks-despite-download-manager.827522/
Relevancy 48.59%

My laptop crashed but I was bale to recover my data from the drive using an external cable to the drive on my desktop PC.  I can see the recovery partition, can I make a recover USB from the drive without it being in my laptop?

A:Re: Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Re...

Hi there,  Do you not have Recovery discs?How did you previously load Windows 7 on your Notebook? The media creation software allows only  one system image to be created. If you created a set of recovery discs, you can not create a system image on a USB drive. The media creation software requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (FACTORY_IMAGE D. Uncorrupted means that the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed. That being said, at this point, I cannot guarantee that the image will work on your USB. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to/td-p/5596486
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I'm at a loss and afraid I've lost all my files.   Every time I restarted my computer I kept getting the Windows Boot Manager error message: Status: 0xc000000f Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data. However, after googling and trying numerous methods to repair this, I now keep getting prompted with the Windows Recovery Manager.  I assumed that choosing the default factory restore option would prompt me with a back up option, but it didn't and proceeded to reformat.  I quickly shut my computer down. I don't know what to do next because now all I get is the Windows Recovery Manager option. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Windows Boot Manager Error / Windows Recovery Manager Issue

If this string of events actually did start to reformat the drive, it might still be recoverable.  I would boot the computer to an independent OS IE: Linux Live on a CD or DVD and then look at the drive.  Then use that to copy your data to another drive.  Once the data is saved, then do whatever you want with this corrupted drive.  Do not try to continue with any other operations until the data is saved elsewhere.Since this PC came with Vista, once the data is saved, you could try the HP REcovery Manager to restore the original OS. Or just start over this a new install of windows 7

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-Boot-Manager-Error-Windows-Recovery-Manager-Issue/td-p/5603963
Relevancy 45.58%

What do you guys think is a good download manager that is NOT a download accelerator?

Thanks for any help.

A:Download manager

Been using getright for years, and think it's great.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/download-manager-105707.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Need a good download manager. Trying to help a small village set up their computer. low price or free would be nice as they have little money. Can anyone help? Thank You.

Relevancy 45.58%

can anyone recommend one?

i dont like download managers when they automatically start up and want to download everything. i want to be able to right-click and choose to use the download manager when i want to download something big. i was using another download manager once and i didnt know how to get things to download WITHOUT it. because some things dont download right with them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96947/what-is-the-best-download-manager/
Relevancy 45.58%

Someone please help me get rid of this stupid thing called Download Studio. I downloaded the demo and now a i cant get rid of it. When i go to remeove it from the add or remove programs thing in control panel a window pops up and says that Setup has detected that Download Studio or Internet exploer is running and they are not someone please help me.

A:Download Manager

Try getting rid of it in Safe Mode.How to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79957/download-manager/
Relevancy 45.58%

I've bought the Student 32-bit version of Win7. I received a confirmation email with my order number and Key.
Successfully downloaded both the .exe file and the ISO file. I don't want to run the ISO file if I can possibly avoid it BUT the .exe file doesn't run. The Digital River download manager opens, and then says that I need to be connected to the Internet for it to run...when i AM connected! So I don't even get as far as putting the key code in.
Found the Customer service button, which asked for Oder no or email address + last 5 digits of credit card details - it regognises neither of these. I'm pretty sure I bought it directly from the Microsoft website, so perhaps the exe. file is corrupted? Still doesn't explain why it doesn't recognise my order
Any ideas?
I've also tried rebooting but makes no difference

beaskies

A:DR download manager won't run

You need to make a DVD from the .ISO
Use ImgBurn ImgBurn - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
Burn the DVD at a slow rate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44603-dr-download-manager-wont-run.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently downloaded and installed one of those free download managers I had been using one called quot WellGet quot but it stopped working for some reason and the author no longer has a web site I know a lot of those things have spyware adware and malware I had been using WellGet for several years and had no indication of any infections from it or that it even contained any of those things itself I have a primitive archaic dial up which is why I Download Manager?? have Download Manager?? even considered and used a download manager The capability to resume downloads is critical when you ve been downloading something for hours and then it disconnects My virus defs are approaching MB now and the daily updates I do manually by the way just about require the ability to resume if there is a disconnect There is nothing quite as bothersome as having a large download interrupted and then having to start all over again I would switch to broadband and be done with the whole issue but I live in a rural area and broadband is just not that reliable I ve considered satellite but that seems like it would be just as much hassle as dial up In any case I Googled on download managers and came across a link for reviews by that Spybot S amp D guy He recommended quot LeechGet quot and quot Download Express quot as spware and adware free but I tried them and was not very satisfied with their GUI So I am currently trying quot Free Download Manager quot FDM I use McAfee SiteAdvisor MSA and they have rated the FDM web site quot yellow quot which means use with caution Apparently MSA at one time rated the FDM site as quot red quot meaning stay away from it but they quot upgraded quot to yellow based on a lot of user complaints that the FDM site was harmless I went to the MSA site and read some of the user reviews and the majority of users have said that the site should be rated quot green quot and that FDM does NOT contain any malware Quite a few of the user reviews commented that those that have reported malware were DOWNLOADING software containing malware with FDM NOT that FDM itself contains malware I myself try to only do downloads from trusted sites which is one of the reasons I m making this post They also mentioned that FDM is now open source and that FDM org has cleaned up any links the site contained to malware sites Now I know that open source and a org domain are not guarantees that there won t be any malware but that would seem to reduce the risk Additionally I ve noted that FDM also has an quot opinions quot tab which gives the user opinions that other users have written about the download being done It even has a setting to label the download as malware if a certain percentage of the opinions say that I ve been using FDM for a couple of days now and even have done a Spybot scan an Adaware scan and an antivirus scan and all have come up clean And FDM has a GUI that I like So I d like to hear some comments on this issue If the comments are overwhelmingly quot anti-FDM quot then I may go back and try LeechGet or Download Express and just deal with a GUI that I don t like Security is much more important than a bothersome GUI Thoughts nbsp

A:Download Manager??

Hi BobJam,

Stick with FDM, you won't get a better download manager - it's versatile, can resume downloads, and you can even tweak the number of download connections into which your download is split to do concurrent downloading on parts of a single file. Two thumbs up as the best download tool - only on Windows, however afaik.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-manager.700664/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys... i just cant get figured which is a good download manager.....so help me out in choosing one.....and and it should be a free one !!

A:Best Download manager

I use Free Download Manager. I use it because I have to throttle my connection at work so as to not suck up all of the bandwidth.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/159634-best-download-manager.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Does anyone know of a good free download manager. Or is it safer not to use one at all.

I recomend you to use " Download Accelerator"
it has the fast downloading performance and easy to use.

http://www.akaash.ca/plus-download/d...ator-plus.html

or

download iit from the download.com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/download-manager-10598.html
Relevancy 45.58%

What do you think is the best download manager and why?

TIA

A:Best download manager

Free Download Manager (freedownloadmanager.org). I've used it for quite a while. When I first found it it was the only one that I could find that was actually free and useful. Probably different now, but I dont really have a reason to switch other than just curiousity.

It's loaded with alot of features. I like the bandwidth controls and how it can organize your files.

Only one problem I have is on my Vista Desktop. It doesnt like IE8 very much, IE8 crashes when you attempt to close it. But works fine on my Vista Laptop with IE8.

It's open source, high traffic user forum are just a couple of other good reasons to trust and use it.

I'm open to alternatives though, so am looking forward to other opinions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-download-manager.828158/
Relevancy 45.58%

I've bought the Student 32-bit version of Win7. I received a confirmation email with my order number and Key.
Successfully downloaded both the .exe file and the ISO file. I don't want to run the ISO file if I can possibly avoid it BUT the .exe file doesn't run. The Digital River download manager opens, and then says that I need to be connected to the Internet for it to run...when i AM connected! So I don't even get as far as putting the key code in.
Found the Customer service button, which asked for Oder no or email address + last 5 digits of credit card details - it regognises neither of these. I'm pretty sure I bought it directly from the Microsoft website, so perhaps the exe. file is corrupted? Still doesn't explain why it doesn't recognise my order
Any ideas?

beaskies

A:DR download manager won't run

Quote: Originally Posted by beaskies

Any ideas?

beaskies

Hi and welcome

Just curious, why dont you want to run the ISO? it is the prefered method of installation. Plus if you don twant to burn a dvd, and have a USB stick you could install from there.

Let us know if we can help

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44607-dr-download-manager-wont-run.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I presently use Stardownloader with FlashGot as an addon in Firefox. I've been pretty happy with it but not particularly happy with the way it acts on some sites, particularly when I try to download financial data from a bank site.
I realize that some of these programs are loaded with spyware, so I guess I am just wondering if anybody has a favorite they like.
Preferably it'll be a free program.
Thanks
Floyd

Hello,I have been using freshdownload from http://www.freshdevices.com/freshdown.html it is quite fast, but has been known not to work on some sites. hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88560/download-manager/
Relevancy 45.58%

Does anyone use download managers?

if so which is the best for:

speed
quality
efficiency
security

thanks!

A:download manager?

Please don't post the same query in multiple forums. Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=381908

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-manager.381910/
Relevancy 45.58%

Just wondering what people think are the better download managers out there. Either freeware or shareware or not. Let me know.

Relevancy 45.58%

Can anyone recommend a good download manager?

I'm currently using Download Accelerator, which is mostly OK, occasional crashes/data loss, but I'm trying to get rid of all spyware from my PC so I'd like to trade up to something that isn't spyware. Preferably freeware, but there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

Relevancy 45.58%

I need a good FREE download manager. I'm having trouble finding one that's not riddled with spyware.

Hi aeuzent,

If you are using Firefox 1.5.0.2, go for the Free Download Manager from here:
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ and get the extension FlashGot for Firefox.

SmartDownload is a plugin for Netscape.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-manager.461781/
Relevancy 45.58%

does any1 know a good download manager which is not a spyware and doesnt have popups?

Relevancy 45.58%

Forgive my ignorance but does anyone no of a good download manager without spyware?

thx...rob

Relevancy 45.58%

Please could anyone recommend a free download manager - I used to use flashget but am sure I read somewhere that it comes with loads of spyware.

I need a download manger as I have a dialup connection and need to download a large file in stages.

Thanks for any help

Relevancy 45.58%

This is a two-part question that breaks down into the categories of freeware and software you have to pay for In specific I m looking for informed users of download managers About years BEST the Download What's Manager? ago I tried asking the Wikipedia editors of the comparative table of download What's the BEST Download Manager? managers to update it because it s woefully incomplete and the short answer was quot Do it yourself quot The long answer was a bit better but the excuse given for why most DMs weren t listed at all was because they only list DMs that have a page on Wikipedia When I searched Wikipedia What's the BEST Download Manager? and posted a list of all the DMs on Wikipedia that were NOT in the table that s when I got blown off Not being an expert on the topic although I ve tried a few from the very LONG list that are available of DMs and audio video DMs I wisely declined So here I am looking to BC members to see if I can get a good idea of which DMs are top of the heap Please keep in mind a few points I dumped Download Accelerator Plus because of the adware and some other issues I What's the BEST Download Manager? am dumping Free Download Manager because it doesn t allow me to pause my downloads I had problems with Go Zilla when I tried using it I ve used LeechGet and JDownloader but formed no opinion yet I m also dumping FlashGet because there is no way to completely disable P P connections with it and also because it s trying to get me to install the Simplified Chinese Language Pack when I haven t visited any sites that need it I find that worrisome and invasive Wikipedia reports it has Cydoor Pop-up ads and Chinese banners I am interested in the POTENTIAL of being able to use P P but I want TOTAL control over it I m not using it to get pirated quot warez quot - just for big downloads uploads I need to be able to pause resume downloads I know not all sites allow this as I often have to pause them due to sharing the computer I need a dropbox clipboard and browser monitoring all of which should be toggle-able and I need it to be able to watch IE FF and Chrome I want a program that is both flexible and relatively user-friendly Anything that looks as confusing as Shareaza is not my cup of tea sips some Earl Grey Clearly it should be as fast as possible using the download site and mirrors A real bonus would be that it can grab videos and stuff even if downloading is turned off As a teacher I find certain videos indispensable and I don t have a fast connection to the Internet so spending an hour to watch a -minute video is out of the question It should be free I know I m demanding and fussy Sorry I DO want recommendations for paid programs for the future when I actually have money but for now flat broke is my state At this point because of the functions I m aware of and some recommendations I m considering settling on Orbit It has Grab which allows me to get videos and such it has P P functionality with full control drop box clipboard and browser monitoring support for many downloading uploading websites uploading com etc and so on However some people have expressed concern that it may have some sort of bad software in it including the Comparison of download managers on Wikipedia which says quot mild browser hijack quot and it doesn t support Chrome according to the site

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452417/whats-the-best-download-manager/
Relevancy 45.58%

What download manager would you guys recommend?I used to use gozilla,any other recommendations?

You could try this one its free http://www.freshdevices.com/ also another one here http://www.stardownloader.com/ , another one here but its 60 days trial http://www.majorgeeks.com/download655.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-manager.228406/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I dont know why Microsoft dont hear to customers .... maybe it's not in their DNA.

I have IE 8 and still it has same download window popping up everytime when user downloads something. I want to whether there is any plugin/add-on to manage downloads. I know there are few download manager softwares, but I dont want add another software in my already crowded system. (And thats why I havent installed Firefox)

Basically I am looking for a download manager to resume downloads after I have shut down the system or there is a breakage in internet connection. Firefox does have kind of DM ............ cant Microsoft atleast learn from them!?!

Thanks and regards,
Nirav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260620/download-manager-in-ie-8/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm stuck in dialup h*ll. I'm having a hard time DL big files. I need a download manager that isn't full of spyware, and not a hog on the 'ol cpu's.
Is there such a thing? Can some one recommend one? I'm running Windows XP Home SP 2, Mozilla Firefox, & IE 7. Thanks in advance.

A:Looking For A Download Manager

Try this:Flashget

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88586/looking-for-a-download-manager/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently gave up my Direcway satellite broadband and returned to dial-up . My Dial-up ISP has an accelerator program (Propel) that works pretty good for browsing but is useless for downloads. I get about 2.7kbps. A simple definitions update from AVG takes almost 45 minutes for a 5Mb file. I looked on www.download.com and found quite a number of utilities after searching on "Download Manager". Among them were Kazaa and a couple of other names I've seen associated with spyware.

So I'm looking for a recommendation on the best free download manager and also whether there are any gotchas associated with download managers in general.

I'm running Win98SE with a MyIE2 browser on a P2 Dell desktop. Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Raybro

Relevancy 45.58%

Was trying to download freeocr from their website (unsuccessfully), when I noticed an increase in pop ups. When checking the uninstall list of programs saw this one. Googled it and not happy with what I saw.

I uninstalled it, but what I found on internet suggested downloading other programs to be sure all aspects of it were deleted from system. As you can guess this is how I ended up with the problem to begin with.

Have you had experience with this before?

Thanks.

A:we download manager pro

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/we-download-manager-pro-768922.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have used GetRight for a while and liked how it can connect multiple times to a server and really increase the download speed, but I can never figure out how to schedule downloads or get things to download one after another.

I also used Flashget for a bit, but got sick of the ad's.

Basically, I am after a download manager that allows mulitple connections to the server, allows for scheduled downloads and will allow me to set things to download one after another.

Suggestions?

Late,

Relevancy 45.58%

I need a good FREE download manager. I'm having trouble finding one that's not riddled with spyware.

Relevancy 45.58%

Im getting a weird message evrytime i try to download something. After the screen where I select which folder I want to put the file I get that box telling me that i need to go online to find the apropriate program. The file extension is also something ive never seen before. It says msn23.downloadhost. The number also changes everytime i try to get something new.

Relevancy 45.58%

What is, in your oppinion, the best download manager?

Mine goes to GetRight 4.5c (but I also heard good words about Download Accelerator 5.2.0.4)

A:Best download manager

I'm using download accelerator 5.0 I think, haven't had major issues with it, I only use it for getting better download rates for large files though, believe it or not, I'm still on dial up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-download-manager.157/
Relevancy 45.58%

I like and use Firefox, but to me that Download Manager
is nothing more than an annoyance.

Every time I download something that pops up and all I
do with it is stop what I'm doing and close it.

I searched and couldn't even find it on my computer
anywhere.

Appreciate any tips!

A:How to get rid of Download Manager?

the downloads box thing is part of firefox so you can't get rid of it.

however what you can do is go to the firefox extensions website and get Download Statusbar

instead of bringing up the downloads box it brings up a small bar at the bottom of the screen that hardly intude at all (plus there's a 'mini mode' which sends it to the status bar as an icon)

i use it myself and it's realy good plus it tells you more about the file bieng downloaded etc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-get-rid-of-download-manager.87360/
Relevancy 45.58%

How do I access the download manager in Windows XP Media Center Edition?

A:Where is download manager in XP?

There is not a built-in "Download Manager" within any version of Windows. What are you trying to download?

I realized you might be trying to download media content for MCE. If so you need to setup the MCE portion of the OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-is-download-manager-in-xp.682302/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi forum readers,
I am looking for a Download Manager which I can store the Downloaded Data into my USB and plug it into another computer so that I can resume the paused download data into that computer.
So far the Download Manager that can do that is "Orbit Downloader".

Thanks a lot.

A:A Download Manager

Hello,Try thisFor downloads, if you want to resume download later, important thing is does the server from which you download supports resumption!Not all servers supports this!Hope this help?Regards,Max

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368653/a-download-manager/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone,

I have a 2 months old HP Pavilion DM1-3014AU running on windows 7 home basic.

My query is that if i delete the recovery partition, can i get it back if i restore the netbook to factory condition through recovery disks.

A:HP Recovery Manager......

HP's recovery DVDs will not perform a Repair Install ...
It's also a good idea to make a Repair CD ...

After You remove the recovery partition .. W7 can resize the system partition to fill in the unused space ..
W7 can Extend or Shrink a partition.

Any partition resizing can be risky .. Make sure you have your data backed up.

I'm not sure about W7 .. but it used to be that if you removed the recovery partition ..
Then tried to use it to recover a HP supplied application ... it would know that the recovery partition was missing .. and ask for the recovery DVDs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-recovery-manager.1009369/
Relevancy 45.15%

I want to restore my G60 to factory settings. It came preinstalled with Vista. Not sure if its 32 or 64 bit. When I enter the recovery manager, the directions state to make sure the wireless connection is enabled. The computer button is red indicating the wireless connection is turned off. I press it, and nothing happens, it remains red.  I don't think the issue is the internet connection because if I boot up the computer normally I do get an internet connection.  Not sure if I should continue to the next step in the recovery manager or not since I don't appear to have an internet connection in there. Help please. Thank you. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager/td-p/5728775
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey from where to download hp recovery manger for windows 10 ? 2. when i purchase laptop i have pre installed windows 8.1 then i formatted and clean install windows 10. now how to get back like when we purchased new laptop

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-recovery-manager/td-p/5648430
Relevancy 45.15%

Is the HP Recovery Manager installed on this computer or does it have to be downloaded?If is installed how  do I access it?Frank C 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:recovery manager

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. If the computer arrived with Windows preinstalled and if you did not attemp to manually remove HP Recovery manager software then it should be there. You can click on the Start button of Windows and type its name to search for it. If you would like to perform system recovery, here are the official instructions >> http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c04758961#AbT0 If you simply want to create recovery media, here are the official instructions >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03481733  (even though it states Win 8, it will work for Win 10, as well.)  Please, let me know if this works for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager/td-p/5594026
Relevancy 45.15%

Using an E-machines desk top with Vista 32-bit Home Premium.

Recently, I tried to install some service pack update & it wreaked havoc on my computer. After fiddling around with it (it had basically frozen while installing the pack), the whole thing ended up wiping Everything clean & in the end, I needed the install disc to fix it. (which I *just* found)

So now I'm stuck on some "Welcome Window" & it won't connect to the internet. I know the connection works, cause I'm using the same broadband line to it on my laptop now. I keep reading online about fixing w/ a "Recovery Manager" in the start menu, but I'm not seeing that anywhere. There's an error I see that says "Error 815"..."WAN miniport", etc.
What to do now? Thanks.

A:Help w. recovery manager

5 days. all is still quiet. * bump*

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400403/help-w-recovery-manager/
Relevancy 45.15%

HelloI have a laptop hp pavilion entertainment dv6500 and I needed to format it, but by mistake I formatted the recovery manager.Can I get/buy a recovery manager CD?Thank you

A:Recovery manager

Yes you can purchase recovery CDs further instructions here James

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-manager/td-p/5646134
Relevancy 45.15%

If there's here any user with a Hewlett-Packard PC that has preinstalled Windows 7 , maybe has notice that has some recovery tools, which are call "Recovery Manager" and is showed in the start menu. Inside the program there are many options, and two of them are which I need further information. (Sory but the interface is in Spanish, anywhere options are positioned in the same place of the English version... I think :s)

One of them (mark as number 1 in red) allows to restore the computer to its original factory condition. So what I figure out is that the program will format the hard drive and will install install everything from scratch. Am I rigth?
The other option (mark as number 2 in red) allows to delete the recovery partition. Is that recovery partition the same which is common name as FACTORY_IMAGE ?

If anyone KNOWS something about this, please give me a hand, thanks.

A:Need help with Recovery Manager

Unless it gives you a further option for Non-Destructive Recovery which saves your files, a Factory Recovery will wipe the HD first before putting it back to factory condition.

It can also be run from boot by tapping the F11 key at bootup.

Make the Recovery Disk set from within that Windows7 utility now so you have another option, or can then consider wiping the Recovery partition although having it as another backup is probably wise with a Win7 computer.

Many tech enthusiasts find a clean-copy retail installer for their version to clean reinstall without the factory bloatware, using the Product Key on COA sticker on machine. In that case, you can wipe the HD before reinstalling, but make the Recovery disks first as sometimes the maker requires factory install to service hardware warranty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/109317-need-help-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My Hp Laptop Was In The Process Of Getting An OS Update & My Sister Turned It Off (As A Prank) Before Windows 10 Finished Installing. Long Story Short I Had To Reinstall Windows 7 On It But Before Downloading Win 10 I Had To Free Up Space On My Recovery (Partition). So I Formatted It. Now I Don't Have HP Recovery Manager Or Any Other HP Factory Apps. How Can I Get Those Back?

A:HP Recovery Manager

Hi, There's no download for Recovery Manager, but pretty much all the other software and drivers for your notebook can be downloaded from the link below. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv7-3100-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie... Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5693246
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi....I want to install a new operating system (linux) on my laptop and I havent made the recovery disk yet,after installing new operating system , can I do the recovery by the default recovery drive on my hdd without having the disks? in case I  make the recovery disk , do I lose the the ability to recover from My hard drive recovery drive ? (Because my hdd drive is much safer than the Disks in case of protection)thanks.

Kooshan wrote:Hi....I want to install a new operating system (linux) on my laptop and I havent made the recovery disk yet,after installing new operating system , can I do the recovery by the default recovery drive on my hdd without having the disks? in case I  make the recovery disk , do I lose the the ability to recover from My hard drive recovery drive ? (Because my hdd drive is much safer than the Disks in case of protection)thanks.Create a usb recovery flashdrive before you make any changes!  Do not create a recovery disk set!  A Recovery disk set is quite fragile and can be destroyed with a single scratch on the disk label. A usb recovery flashdrive is, unlike a recovery DVD, quite durable. If you install Linux on the hard disk it will change the bootloader if you are not careful and no longer allow you to boot to Windows.  Making a usb recovery flashdrive will not remove the ability to use F11 unless you make any changes to the D: Recovery partition. That is where the Recovery Manager boots from when you use F11.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-manager/td-p/5709811
Relevancy 45.15%

In my desktop PC, Windows 7 Professional 32 bit was preinstalled and recovery partition also available. But in the programe menu, HP Recovery Manager was not available. I have downloaded HP Recovery Manager software in several time and tried to install, but failed. I want to re-install windows through hp recovery manager. Please help me about the installation of HP Recovery Manager and how can I get this software. Sir, help me in details. My email- [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5637770
Relevancy 45.15%

If you have a HP computer then HP has it's own Recovery Manager HP version of System Restore installed called HP Recovery Manager You can uninstall this in Programs and HP Recovery Manager Features I ran across this statement in Tutorials It needs some clarifications In Pavillion and Presario notebooks HP Rec Mgr does more than just System restore And btw HP does not have its own version of SR It runs Windows' version HP Rec Mgr has other functions Re-install original software programs and hardware drivers and complete System Recovery restoring the original hard disk factory template It can be utilized to create a set of recovery discs In HP Business notebook Rec Mgr does not re-install software progs and drivers but does the others listed in Pavilion Presario models I don't think HP Recovery Manager should be uninstalled Or if perchance he meant uninstalling System Restore be aware that HP Rec Mgr will be unable to system restore on its own if Windows SR is unstalled or disabled

Umm where did you see that cause you can't uninstall it and its not even listed in the Program and Features. You can only disable the windows system restore. I'm pretty sure all HP products have the Recovery Manager to restore you computer to Factory Condition.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/199958-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Help. My Hp Touchsmart 300 won't boot up windows it goes to the blue house screen when switched on.  If I press F11 it will only let me do a system recovery with warning it will go back to factory setting.  I want to "file back up program" but it is greyed off and won't let me click it. 

Hello, Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for post. Some (most) HP Recovery procedures include procedure to back-up files before the actual recovery process. However, yoy may back-up your files this way usig external software.Please, download GNU/Linux version - > Linux Mint XFCE 18 - Linux based OS.  >> https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=222 Download/save the ISO image. You need to write it on a new blank DVD or on empty USB thumbdrive (min 2 GB capacity).  How to create bootable ISO on USB device >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windowsorHow to write ISO to DVD >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/burn-a-dvd-on-windows   When ready with the USB drive or with the DVD: * Ensure Secure Boot is disabled.* Ensure Legacy mode is enabled.* Save the UEFI/BIOS changes.Details>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653226 Eventually, please, shutdown the computer using the power button.Insert the Windows USB thumdrive or the DVD prepared previouslyPower  on the PC.As soon as you press the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one Choose F9 to open Boot options. Select the thumb drive as boot option.You will now boot from Linux Mint media. Once ready and once you open the Files, you will notice it has automatically mounted your PC's HDD - you will be able to browse through your directories and copy/backup to external device the required files.  Once ready, you can use the F11 option to reimage your PC  / restote to factory default condition.Hope this helps, let me know how it goes. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-manager/td-p/5840488
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi !I want to make a recovery disk for my envy- dv6 win 8 operating system.do I lose the ability to refresh and install win 8 from my Hdd and have to Install it every time from the recovery disk or refreshing windows from hdd is still available ?thanks.

Solved!
View Solution.

Hi, The option to reinstall the OS from the hard drive partition will still be available after you create your recovery media. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager/td-p/5708685
Relevancy 45.15%

I just deleted my recovery drive from my pc and lost my recovery drive and disk too how can i restore my pc or how to get recovery drive back.......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager/td-p/5632778
Relevancy 45.15%

could smeone tell whats wrong with my recovery manager program in HP pavilion laptop... when i run the program, a window appears:

microsoft visual c++ runtime library
runtime error
program c:\windows\sminst\restore7.exe
abnormal program termination...

how can i fix the error?

thanks for helping!!!

A:hp recovery manager

Originally Posted by opette

could smeone tell whats wrong with my recovery manager program in HP pavilion laptop... when i run the program, a window appears:

microsoft visual c++ runtime library
runtime error
program c:\windows\sminst\restore7.exe
abnormal program termination...

how can i fix the error?

thanks for helping!!!

Are you using Vista....
If yes you can refer this link where you can download universal recovery disk. Please follow this link
Create a Recovery Disc

http://www.vistax64.com/software/161250-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello-

New to the site, a little slow on computer knowledge and ill face it, I AM COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT WITH A PC. So, with that said...

I deleted my Recovery Manager feature off of Windows 7, wondering if it possible to recover? I wanted to restore back to factory settings but it fails every time, pretty sure it is due to the recovery manager being missing. Tried the F11 option also, still no hope. After hours of searching I now realize that it cannot just be added like a regular application but is there any possible way? I ordered the HP Recovery Disc hoping it holds an answer but I'm kinda in a time crunch. Any alternatives?

Even thought about upgrading Windows 7 but I'm guessing it wouldn't upgrade what isn't already there, correct?

Help is appreciated, and THANK YOU very, very much.

A:Recovery Manager

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Are you stating that you removed Windows system restore from your computer or are you referring to a third party recovery manager program?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397833/recovery-manager/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have pressed F11 key on startup and searched recovery manager on the search but hp recovery manager didnt come. Can anyone tell me what to do ?

A:where is recovery manager?

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!  HP Recovery is only available for comuter that originally came with Windows preinstalled by HP (a.k.a. OEM Windows). It will appear if the recovery partitions are working and intact. Once you start your computer after pressing the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).Then an HP boot options will appear and you can choose the recovery options. Alternatively, start to Windows and load it from there. More information can be found in the HP official article >> http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c04758961  (Win 10)>> http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c03489643  (Win 8/8.1) If the recovery partitions are not working, if you want to recover your machine to factory default condition, you may have to reinstall Windows and/or purchase recovery media from HP to restore to factory default condition. Let me know if this works for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/where-is-recovery-manager/td-p/5653706
Relevancy 45.15%

I got something buggy on my laptop, and i want to recover my laptop to the first time i got the pc. And when i downloading the recovery manager i got a message : This softpaq wil nott be installed on this pc beacuse HP Recovery Manager cannot be found in this system. Any help ?

Your specs say, HP PC with Windows 8 x86, therefore not Pre-installed, HP Recovery Manager would only work on the old OS & not on the upgraded OS.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/24196-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi i have Windows 8 currently installed on my computer which i upgraded from windows 7, i am disliking windows 8 so i want to go back and i remeber there being a recovery manager on windows 7 but i can no longer find it on windows 8. i have looked in my C drive and cannot find it either.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager/td-p/5788307
Relevancy 45.15%

I read in another board that HP Recovery Manager can be accessed from the start menu. But it cannot be accessd from the Start Menu on my Windows 10 system! I haven't tried this recently, but can I still access it by pressing F11 immediately after switching on my PC? More importantly, can I still reset my PC to Factory Settings using the HP Recovery Manager now that I have Windows 10? If not, I might as well delete the HP recovery partition to free up space....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5800291
Relevancy 45.15%

Every time I use the magnify button on my microsoft comfort sculpt mouse the hp Recovery Manager screen opens up..... This is so agrivating....  is there anyway I can get this to stop....  and usually it is right where I am working...I am 70 years old and I need the magnify button....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5715741
Relevancy 45.15%

im having some very painful problems with my computer. i had to reformat my system so i made a backup using the HP recovery manager which backed my files in an external hardrive and they are names as Backup.001.exe and backup.002.fbw etc until 005

after i installed a fresh new vista i execute my backup.001.exe and when it tells me to click next it freezes for a minute then its back to normal and the next button dont work... (the next button does not take me to the next step of restoring, it stays in the same page)

the next button is active but does not take me to the next step so i cannot back my files up... i need help badly.. there is atleast 2 years of data in those backup files... i cannot get them running

i have Windows Vista Ultimate with 3 GB RAM

please help

thank you

A:HP Recovery Manager HELP!

anybody??? i reli need help badly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-recovery-manager-help.842940/
Relevancy 45.15%

My question is hopefully simple.  I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion 6000 series desktop using the HP Recovery Manager app built-in to the computer.  The restore went well, without any hitches. What I need to know is whether the process wiped the hard drive clean.  That is, is the data I created, e.g., Excel, Word files, etc., still there even though the file names, etc. have been deleted?  Is the computer hard drive wiped such that I could donate the computer and not worry about someone using some data recover utility to find and recreat the data that was on my C:\ partition?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/recovery-manager/td-p/5801144
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi my Compaq presario laptop has been corrupted by a virus...unfortunately, I did not take a recovery disk. Although I am able to access my vista I am not sure if I make the recovery disk now, it will reset my comp to current condition(with viruses) or factory outlet ????? What should I do????

Backup your files, shut off the PC, turn power on again and keep tapping F11. That will get you to the reinstallation wizard - follow the prompts.

HP Notebook PCs*-* Using HP Backup and Recovery Manager*

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243363-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello. When i start my computer it goes as usual, then when the windows icon is expected come it says ''Recovery Manager''Then it says ''The  attempted to recovery has failed. Click one of these buttons'' with the options ''Save log, Ditails and try again'' the rest of the screen is black. Help please.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager/td-p/5820114
Relevancy 45.15%

hi !

i have got a laptop acer aspire 5535 ! i wanna make a recovery disc !
but i was search in search box of start menu for recovery manager and i found nothing ....

perhaps i have delete the file and i dont remeber ...

i wanna format my laptop and can find the way ....

i am greek and i donno very good english ...

thanks for your time and assistance

Too many computer manufacturers don't furnish a Vista installation DVD with their pcs that are pre-installed with Vista. Often they only have a hidden recovery partition that you can access to take back your pc to its original factory installation state! (Thus you lose your data and all installed applications, setting changes, etc.)
If you don't have an installation DVD, then you cannot reinstall Vista without using this recovery partition, and you cannot access the new Vista Recovery Environment, which is what corresponds to XP's Recovery Console. So, if you don't have a Vista installation DVD, what do you do in order to access the Vista Recovery Environment, at least? You go to this site and download the makings for a recovery disk:
Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download — The NeoSmart Files

As far as formatting your hard disk, you can boot from the sytem recovery disk you download from the URL above, then go to the Command Prompt section of the Recovery Environment, then use the FORMAT command to format, as explained in this tutorial:

How to use the Command Prompt in the Vista Windows Recovery Environment

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246199-recovery-manager.html