Windows Support Forum

suddenly closing apps

Q: suddenly closing apps

hi expert,when im playing audio or video files suddenley those are closing and sounds like"blurr burr" and it shoes that restart is requied and the pc is restarting.also using store,other apps and games it will suddenly closing those apps without any warning or information.this shoud be horrible.im usuing HP ab219tx model with widows 10 os.please slove my problem or otherwise tell me how to conact customer for on-site warrenty

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/suddenly-closing-apps/td-p/5685285
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: suddenly closing apps

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 26.23%

Hey Techspot I m hoping you can help me out with a little problem I ve lot down a suddenly Laptop shuts started experiencing I got a Lenovo G just last year and everything s been going great with it so far However as of about a day ago it decides Laptop suddenly shuts down a lot to start shutting down without any warning whatsoever It seems that this happens at random also Some times I can keep the laptop on overnight I like to have videos playing while I sleep with no problems and other times it snaps off after not even minutes Thus I can t really finish a scan with avast or malwarebites I haven t done anything out of the ordinary either I don t know if it s really overheating because I keep it in a similar environment as my Toshiba laptop that has remained on around the same amount of time with no overheating whatsoever I m running Windows on my Lenovo EDIT I thought that my problem was in fact overheating so I cleaned the fan area with some compressed air That seems to help a little bit but my computer still has a tendency to shut down randomly just a lot less frequently I checked the temperature with SpeedFan and upon startup my core temp is as high as C then cools off to about C when I m doing nothing The thing that worries me is that SpeedFan can detect no RPMs from my fan Fan Fan and Fan all show RPMs in the program nbsp

A:Laptop suddenly shuts down a lot

Chances are the thermal pads or the thermal paste on the CPU/video chip needs replacing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-shuts-down-a-lot.179747/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi guys - this is a weird problem that I ve always had since building this computer or years ago and I don t think the drive was new when I built it so it went from totally normal in my xp machine to doing this weird thing when I put it in a new system with Win I ve searched and not been able to find anyone with the same problem It normally occurs when listening to music or watching a film and it only happens very occasionally when you go to skip to to a new song or skip to a different place in the video It s never been a Some then HD until whirs clicks apps unresponsive major problem and in fact I think it s only done it once this week so aside from googling it a couple of times never actually got very far with fixing it So in winamp for example just after opening it I ll click next song winamp installation and music are on different hard drives as are VLC and movies and it ll freeze Then the disk will make a whir and about seconds later there will be a click and everything will come Some apps unresponsive until HD whirs then clicks back to life During this time I can move my mouse and do other things on the computer Like I said it s always done this and it s never got any worse or anything so I don t think it s a faulty drive but I ll post this in the HD section too just to see if any experts there can shed any light on it Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Some apps unresponsive until HD whirs then clicks

Look at your power profile settings. Likely the HD is being powered off after xx minutes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-apps-unresponsive-until-hd-whirs-then-clicks.210755/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I bought a laptop this time 2 years ago. Suddenly wile watching a hd film in bed my laptop over heated and then crashed. So I waited then booted up again and now my good graphics card is not working
It is not being detected in device manager at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

some details on laptop and graphics card. cost me a good bita dosh so would like to get it fixed
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core?i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

A:Laptop Graphics card suddenly not detected

Ouch if the laptop over heats and shuts down and not recognized again it could actually be physical damage to the video card. Another way to test if the video card has completely failed is by plugging an external monitor into the display port on the laptop. It could connect via hdmi, vga, or possibly display port. If a picture appears on the monitor then it could possibly be software related if you dont see a picture the video card has failed for sure. If it has failed you will more than likely have to replace the motherboard. In rare chance the video card may not be intergrated to motherboard but I doubt it. If you know someone that could whats called (re-flow) the video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-graphics-card-suddenly-not-detected.206677/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone I m having some problems activating my other with my other video card on my HP laptop with Windows bits I have been able to switch between both of the - my ati mobility radeon hd which i want to activate and my Intel HD Graphics There is an option to manually change between the cards on my desktop the ATI Catalyst Control Center version It is currently on High-performance GPU meaning the Radeon video card can't Radeon ATI Suddenly HD Mobility 6550 use my should be active Yet when I try to play a game or when I check my current computer technical details using Can You Run It the computer acts as though I m currently activating the Intel card Furthermore when I disconnect my laptop from the power supply the Catalyst Control Center asks me whether I want to switch graphic cards or not If I do agree or if I change the graphic cards manually using the ATI Catalyst Control Center the ATI Catalyst Control Center icon dissapears from the icons on my taskbar and an Intel icon appears allowing me to change some of the properties of my Intel graphic card but not to switch between the cards There is no way to get my computer to use or even pretend using like it did the Radeon graphics card Now I tried installing the Radeon s card s driver but there s an error message when i try Before I change the graphic cards when the computer appears Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 to be activating the Radeon card it appears as though both of the card Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 s drivers are installed but if I switch to the Intel one the Radeon card s driver doesn t appear in the device manager Now it worked a few weeks ago Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 but it didn t work today I tried restoring to the most previous checkpoint which was days ago but all that did is make my computer appear as though it s running the Radeon graphic card Now I suspected that my graphic card has been disconnected but I m not sure just where it is and when I tried to look for it I figured it isn t worth the risk in case i don t succeed so i want to make sure that s the problem Any suggestions nbsp

A:Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550

What is the exact model number of this laptop? It seems to me that what ever graphics choice gave you the best video performance, this would be the only video you would ever use. Why the need to switch graphics adapters in the first place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-cant-use-my-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-6550.166959/
Relevancy 25.37%

My internet started to become slow out of no where and I didn't mess with my router/modem or any computer settings so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. Pages take a while to load, some don't load (Unable to connect to webpage message), or sometimes they won't load completely. I've had this happen 3 times over the past years, even with different routers/modems/ISP's, my internet would be working normally for a few months and then it'd dramatically get slower. I've always thought it was my router causing the problems, potentially screwing up and degrading my modem's performance. It must be that Netgear routers are awful, as that's the only brand of routers I've had over the years.

I'm on my desktop, and have my modem connected to my router. I'm connected to the internet via cable since my desktop doesn't have WiFi.
Got 58mb/s download speed and 12mb/s upload speed on speedtest. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edit: I have the same problem with every browser if you're wondering.

A:Internet suddenly slow and pages not loading completely

Have you tried having your ISP run a line check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-slow-and-pages-not-loading-completely.206046/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello everyone.
I have a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop, which I bought it as a used laptop. Last week, while I am using it to browse websites, it SUDDENLY shutdown, then I try to turn it on again by pressing the power button, but it doesn't turn on. I look at the power adapter, it's green light is FLASHING. When I disconnect the power adapter from the laptop, the light on the power adapter is STEADY green. As soon as I connect the power adapter back to the laptop, its green light is FLASHING again. I also tried to turn on the laptop by using the battery, but it doesn't turn on. There is NO sound or light on the laptop at all. What's wrong with my laptop, is the motherboard dead? Sorry for a long message. Thank you very much for any help.

A:Dell Latitude E6410 Suddenly shutdown

Remove the battery and the AC Adapter and hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds. Put the AC adapter in and leave the battery out. try powering it up again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6410-suddenly-shutdown.203637/
Relevancy 26.23%

My Samsung R510, the fan run fast and its causing the fan to start roaring and the vents to get hot, the laptop will suddenly shut down.. I would appreciate any advice from any one!

A:Laptop will suddenly shut down

That is an over heating problem - - set the fan to always run and at full cooling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-suddenly-shut-down.202176/
Relevancy 30.1%

Normally, 99.999% of the time I just shut it down completely but I'd like to know what "sleep" means?
Does that mean if I do so, upon opening the lid it'll be where I left it at?
I notice in Control Panel>Power Options>System Settings whether its on battery or plugged in , it shows sleep.

A:Choose What closing the lid does?

I recommend sleeping the laptop if you are gonna use it after you close it within the next few hours. Otherwise shut it down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choose-what-closing-the-lid-does.196755/
Relevancy 25.8%

I had a problem with my PC turning off which occurred in Ubuntu and Windows I turned to the bios hardware monitor and found that heat ineffective fan/cooler suddenly I2500 stock was building up to degrees and then turning off The case was full of fluff and dust which I cleared out The stock fan cooler was loaded with the I2500 stock fan/cooler suddenly ineffective stuff No wonder it was overheating Now I cleaned off the old thermal grease with isopropol alcohol qtips and a glasses cleaning cloth I reapply a small amount of thermal grease I had a lot of trouble with one push pin on the cooler but got that running Each time I fit the cooler fan I use I2500 stock fan/cooler suddenly ineffective fresh grease after cleaning off the old gunk I found that the grease seems to be about right as applying it in a small blob in the middle of the CPU I found it covered the whole area of the cooler when I later took off the cooler as cooling isn t working The grease isn t leaking outside of the area of the heatsink so I guess my loading isn t excessive The grease is Arctic silver It may be a couple of years old Is that the problem The temperature still climbs up to about before shutting off I turn it off early now once I see the cooling isn t working Taking the other side of the case off I can see that all four push pins are correctly seated on the motherboard I check the CPU fan and it is working OK The other case fans are working but even they being off couldn t account for overheating like this Any ideas nbsp

A:I2500 stock fan/cooler suddenly ineffective

What are you getting for a reading on "Vcore"?

If the CPU voltage is too high, that would explain the heat up.

That's all I got ATM.

Is this thing overclocked at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i2500-stock-fan-cooler-suddenly-ineffective.194390/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a terabyte full of Terabyte suddenly blank? stuff and I recently went to open a directory via a shortcut and was informed that the drive path did not exist I opened Terabyte suddenly blank? Computer and saw the drive wasn t listed there Assuming it had somehow lost connectivity I switched the drive off waited for a few seconds Terabyte suddenly blank? and turned it back on again This has solved this problem when I ve discovered missing Terabyte suddenly blank? drives in the past However when I switched the drive back on I discovered that it was completely erased Nothing is on the drive and that is confirmed by Computer s space analysis This is mildly disturbing What happened to all my stuff Operating System Windows Ultimate x Service Pack build Processor gigahertz Intel Core i - kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-D H Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc F RAM Slot ChannelB-DIMM has MB Display NVIDIA GeForce GTX Display adapter Samsung SyncMaster Monitor quot vis s n YCUYHVDZ July Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio VIA High Definition Audio nbsp

A:Terabyte suddenly blank?

Edit: I did a scan and found these (picture attached)

Does anyone recognize these or if they may contribute to the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/terabyte-suddenly-blank.191837/
Relevancy 25.8%

There is some problem with my font USB ports. All was fine until yesterday when they stopped working. I havent made any hardware change. Installed windows 8 but that was last week.

I connect my Logitech Gamepad, the LED switches on but it doesnt show up in the control panel, works when connected to the rear USB port.

Please help..

A:Front USB ports suddenly stopped working

You might have to open up your case, trace back the cable, and re-plug it. It could be detached, or the USB controller on the front ports could be fried somehow too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-usb-ports-suddenly-stopped-working.189467/
Relevancy 24.94%

Help!!! yesterday it still working but today,no sounds come out from the speaker,I used headset to test it and it's work,but when I unplug my headset it still no sound,I already try to reboot using safe mode but getting confused.. what can I do???
f.y.I : I already check the sound driver,no question marks appeared.

A:My Acer Aspire 4741G laptop sounds suddenly stopped working

"I already checked the sound driver, no question marks appeared"... Do you mean no exclamation points like this (!)? If you can hear normal sound from the headset the sound driver is okay. This could be caused by a keyboard setting. Make sure the sound is all the way up and that it is not muted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-4741g-laptop-sounds-suddenly-stopped-working.189508/
Relevancy 26.23%

We hve an acer laptop and we bought it last oct.2009 since last mnth until now when we are using it ,it will suddenly shut down.what do u think is the problem of our laptop. please can you help us?thanking you in advance. we are soliciting an opinion from you...your opinions are highly requested and apreciated!

A:Acer laptop suddenly shut down

It could be overheating because the CPU thermal paste or pads are dried out or burned. The laptop can be repaired by a qualified service person

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-suddenly-shut-down.188852/
Relevancy 25.8%

My Toshiba L505D developed an issue over night. It no longer connects to the internet. When I look at the Windows7 network it shows connection to the router but not the internet. The device manager says it is operating, the mfr?s software says the switch is on (and the panel light is on) and that there are no issues. I downloaded and installed the mfr?s driver (2010 is the latest). I?ve pulled the battery and held the button for 60 seconds. All to no connection. Everything points to an issue with the AT&T Uverse router except my cabled desktop and Dell laptop wireless computer access the internet fine. Which points to the Toshiba being the problem. When I pull up the AT&T trouble shooting program it shows the computer as a device but doesn?t have an I/P address, the desktop and Dell laptop have addresses. Any suggestions?

A:Laptop suddenly stops connecting to the Internet

I would go to start type cmd then in there ipconfig/release then ipconfig /renew see if that helps

apart from this you could try to restore to an earlier time to when it was working those would be the things I would try but someone with more experience should help soon .. im not a technician etc I just like to try help if I got an idea

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-stops-connecting-to-the-internet.184445/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi folks I m new here and not greatly technically minded My Acer Aspire Z laptop has been acting strange for a few days running Windows btw Some of the issues are even happening right now ie as I type the cursor will sometimes restart a new line as if I ve pressed the Return button Acer apps is Laptop and and more opens multiple corrupted This is esp bad in emails and Facebook and often the cursor flies down miles Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more making it a pain to get back to where I was That s not all though There s a horrible beeping noise when I start up the laptop first thing It goes after I press one of the F buttons The worst though is when I try to open up some app on my desktop and sometimes the laptop goes crazy and opens up multiple other apps software There have been instances where there are dozens of the same pages opening I have McAfee Internet Security and have run Malwarebytes and Spybot but problem is still there Is this a hardware problem do Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more you think I m not great at techie Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more speak so please go easy with me but I d be grateful for any advice Cheers David nbsp

A:Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more

UNless someone else has a better idea, how old is this computer & is it still under warranty? If so, I'd get a hold of the where you bought it & get it checked out. IF you don't & have "other" work done on it, it could VOID the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-is-corrupted-and-opens-multiple-apps-and-more.183988/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey ive had this new PC for about months now and it ran great till now but all of a sudden all my games are lagging that worked a few days ago any ideas why its doing this thanks in advance lagging games :( All are suddenly ------------------ Time of this report Machine name MATT-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Alienware System Model Alienware X BIOS BIOS All games are suddenly lagging :( Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX All games are suddenly lagging :( Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS D DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model NVD SIM DISP Monitor Id NVD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp nbsp

A:All games are suddenly lagging :(

What are your temps? I've had the same problem when the fan on the video card quit working, or was clogged with dust. I use OpenHardwareMonitor because it seems to read all the temps accurately and also shows loading info for the CPU and GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-games-are-suddenly-lagging.182430/
Relevancy 26.23%

My 6 month old i7 Samsung laptop with windows 7 has suddenly stopped connecting wirelessly to my router (HG 520b Echolife). I have done numerous checks with my IP address within the basic function and everything appears fine. WLAN settings all fine.My laptop will connect fine direct to the ethernet connection in the back of the router and works fine from there. When I disconnect and try wirelessly, it indicates a strong signal on my network but when I try to connect (with the correct security code etc) it goes it to windows troubleshooter and fails every time. My friends android phone allows my laptop to connect to his wireless network?? and his phone can access my network from the same router. I am totally baffled about this. Can any one help with this?? I forgot to mention it had connected fine for at least 6 months.

A:Laptop suddenly won't connect wirelessly

It sounds you need need to completely remove the wireless driver on your laptop & then reinstall it. Connect your laptop to the net with a cable, download the wireless driver to your desktop, uninstall the wireless driver, reboot and install the wireless driver again and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-wont-connect-wirelessly.182199/
Relevancy 26.23%

hello techspot community!

My wife was playing Tetris battle on facebook, that time I was watching her playing tetris battle then suddenly my laptop shuts down. That incident happened twice. But it didn't happened when I was playing NBA2k12 earlier that day. And when I tried to turn it on again, at first try it did not power up so i took the battery out and put it again then it turns on. What happend to my laptop? could this be overheat? But I have a cooling pad with two fan. pls help me. I'm not the techie type, me just a gamer so pls I need help. It's an Intel core i3, ATI mobility radeon 5470, 4GB RAM.

A:My laptop suddenly shuts down

sounds like overheating to me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-suddenly-shuts-down.174827/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a gaming laptop I been playing games on it for many months Suddenly low FPS rates now got it in July All games on max settings have been running smoothly for me Until today Today I was playing a multiplayer game from The game is not demanding at all and my computer can easily run it I never had any problems running this game I played the game and then exited the game Afterwards I went to do other stuff on my computer for hours Then I go to play my game again but suddenly the game is running at really low FPS rates It feels as if it is running at FPS rate In fact I tried some other Steam games and they all were running slower than usual I did nothing to my computer I downloaded nothing It was just like it always been Except somehow the games started to run on low FPS rates I suspect that maybe the low FPS rates is a problem from the Steam servers but as I only have Steam games on my computer I cannot check how non-Steam games run on my computer I have no idea what this is Suddenly low FPS rates I figure that I should look for any changes in the computer My computer seems to give me the following message every time I turn it on quot the AC adapter cannot be found the battery may not charge quot I never had this before When I shut down the computer and turn it on I get this first message before Windows loads When I look at battery it says quot avaliable not charging quot It seems that the computer is not charging my battery Other than that all seems exactly as it was Maybe this is irrelevant to my question but I bring up anything that is suspect Perhaps Suddenly low FPS rates the computer does not fully recognize the AC adapter Suddenly low FPS rates and so it is operating on low resources - hence the low FPS rate Yes I did at one point in those hours unplug the power supply from my computer What should I do By the way Please do not tell me to run virus tests I know it is standard on this forum for members to tell others to run a virus test but I know for a fact my computer is clean I go to secure websites all the time and always am up to date with my anti-virus program I know that cannot possibly be a reason Furthermore in that hour interval I only been using secure safe websites such as Gmail so I know I could have not possibly picked up a virus I just say this because I really do not want to run all these anti-virus tests and downloading them for several hours only to show that I was clean all along nbsp

A:Suddenly low FPS rates

You need to post the specs of this machine please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-low-fps-rates.177785/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey everyone I ve officially got THE worst luck with technology EVER Today my Western Digital GB External HDD has stopped working One minute it s working fine - the next its completely unresponsive I deleted suddenly External hard working drive stopped a music folder off the hard drive that wouldnt play and I dont know if that s been the cause of it to become External hard drive suddenly stopped working unstable When I plug it in via USB I can feel the disk spinning inside and loading but the windows sound does not play About - minutes later I get the sound but it does not appear under Hard Disk Drives on My Computer When I External hard drive suddenly stopped working try to go into device manager it crashes windows explorer After a couple of attempts the name is now quot Local Disk I and not even Elements After about - minutes of being plugged in the drive clicks and won t do anything else I REALLY need some of the work off the hard drive - It s External hard drive suddenly stopped working so important to my second year at university Any help you can give me I will be eternally grateful Call me a but I usually back up my work via dropbox anyway but theres some bits I didnt back up yet and it s so important I get them I ve looked at getting a universal drive adaptor but i ve heard about data recovery software but there seem to be so many out there - If my hard drive isnt completely screwed could someone reccomend me one or give me some advice Thanks in advance nbsp

A:External hard drive suddenly stopped working

have you tried unplugging the drive power adapter for a minute and plugging it back in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-suddenly-stopped-working.178166/
Relevancy 26.23%

My Laptop is shutting down suddenly without any error message or without showing any shutdown screen it is just like working on a desktop having no UPS supply and all of sudden light goes off.....

I have check my battery,ram,motherboard,and also uninstall all drivers,install new windows but the problem still there....

and this is not because of overheating

so please help me out..

A:Laptop is shutting down suddenly!

"and this is not because of overheating"...

This IS an over-heating symptom. The cooling fan could be failing or giving the CPU/motherboard a false over-heating symptom. Also, check the bios settings , for fan control if any

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-is-shutting-down-suddenly.177871/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello all I have anymore External HDD not suddenly recognized a problem with my external HDD When I woke up External HDD suddenly not recognized anymore this morning windows update had installed some updates and automatically my laptop had restarted I tried to log in but it crashed immediately out of the blue I thought ok can happen so when it had restarted and after logging in I wanted to check on some things on my HDD But I got a message saying something like The USB device is not being recognized So I tried again a couple of times but I kept getting that message After trying to switch usb ports and plugging in and out several times I didn t even get that message anymore That was when I started to realise I had a serious problem here The HDD won t show in windows explorer won t show in device management and won t show in the BIOS It is nowhere to be found but the HDD itself is plugged in and working it seems I tried to recover data but all the software I found doesn t find the HDD either which makes sense considering the BIOS isn t even recognising it Is there anything I can do to try and recover my data Can my HDD be saved I don t know if I ve explained my situation clear enough should there be any questions please ask Thanks in advance Lukas nbsp

A:External HDD suddenly not recognized anymore

Tell us about your system and your hardware... brands, ages, connections, etc.

How is the HDD connected, and has it been reliable till now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-suddenly-not-recognized-anymore.177601/
Relevancy 24.94%

All of the sudden my computer took twice as long to start up and my sound skips and is stretched everything is very slow my What started suddenly dell slow, this? gx520 My (pics) optiplex running doing is mouse skips as well and before no matter what I was doing no matter what I was downloading or playing games my mouse never freezes I had the free Norton that comes with comcast and after the sluggishness I downloaded malwarebytes and got AVG internet security And they did clean some viruses out But it still runs slow I updated all of my drivers I deleted almost all of my programs The only antivirus I have running is AVG and AVG PC tuneup which tuned up and fixed problems But STILL NO FIX Plus I re-installed all of my codecs and divx and everything possible updated my My dell optiplex gx520 suddenly started running slow, What is doing this? (pics) drivers with two different driver updaters Its either the drivers could be codecs or something happened to my power supply My dell optiplex gx520 suddenly started running slow, What is doing this? (pics) look at this info on my computer and tell me if something is wrong sorry you ll have to copy paste the links for the pictures i tinypic com mortw jpg i tinypic com swahit jpg i tinypic com wtfxb jpg MUCH appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-optiplex-gx520-suddenly-started-running-slow-what-is-doing-this-pics.174092/
Relevancy 26.23%

this started a few days ago. i was watching a movie on my laptop and a virus reminder came up,it says to remove the virus,so i clicked the remove button. then all of a sudden my laptop was logging off. when it went on again all the icons were huge and it just logged off again. why is it like that? can anyone help me solve my problem because it's quite annoying. futher more i need my laptop to do my work!

A:Why does my laptop suddenly shut down?

Your Anti Virus is telling you that you have an infection and it is trying to remove it. Some infections need further attention to remove infected files so you should open a thread in the Malware forum to get help from one of the Malware staff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-does-my-laptop-suddenly-shut-down.172769/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi everyone im glad to be a part of this community Just a quick problem that Ive had since yesterday which id like to get fixed as soon as my speakers have decided to stop working Yesterday i was moving my PC about and i had to unplug the speakers from the back red pink green and blue ports I didn t see which colour port it was in but i assume it was the green one as the end of the speakers that plugs in has a green casing around it Anyway i have tried all different colors and i can t get the sound to work I have restarted my pc several times but nothing has worked It seems odd and rather stupid really that all i have done is unplugged them as i had to and now they won t turn on whereas a keyboard mouse etc are fine The speakers have an on button you press to turn them on then you can see they re working as a small red LED lights up now they won t even turn on as in they aren t getting any power My pc is pretty old but i only mainly use it for small purposes and am working not speakers Labtec suddenly hoping to get these back to working what do you guys recommend I have windows XP nbsp

A:Labtec speakers suddenly not working

ColdFeet said:

Hi everyone, im glad to be a part of this community. Just a quick problem that Ive had since yesterday which id like to get fixed as soon as, my speakers have decided to stop working.

Yesterday i was moving my PC about and i had to unplug the speakers from the back (red/pink, green, and blue ports). I didn't see which colour port it was in, but i assume it was the green one as the end of the speakers that plugs in has a green casing around it. Anyway i have tried all 3 different colors and i can't get the sound to work. I have restarted my pc several times but nothing has worked. It seems odd and rather stupid really that all i have done is unplugged them as i had to, and now they won't turn on, whereas a keyboard, mouse etc are fine.

The speakers have an on button you press to turn them on, then you can see they're working as a small red LED lights up, now they won't even turn on, as in they aren't getting any power?

My pc is pretty old, but i only mainly use it for small purposes, and am hoping to get these back to working, what do you guys recommend? I have windows XP.Click to expand...

Are the speakers plugged into an AC outlet ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/labtec-speakers-suddenly-not-working.171932/
Relevancy 25.8%

My counter strike graphics suddenly changed and i can't see clearly the pixels are to little i think !!! plz help mee!!

A:Counter-Strike 1.6 graphics suddenly changed

i cant understand what is the problem , it is in resolution or what

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/counter-strike-1-6-graphics-suddenly-changed.170558/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello Guys I am having trouble with my graphic freezes colors! with suddenly weird Game card nvidia gts it was working fine few days ago but suddenly a problem arose When i start any game it opens smoothly everything works fine but after - mins it freezes with wierd colors all over the display I started Witcher to show my error it appears Game suddenly freezes with weird colors! like this Scanned my computer via antivirus for malware but in vain I am really confused what is causing this to happen or my graphic card is no more I will be very thankful to you guys ----------------------------------System Specs --------------------------------------- OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM GB x GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free Game suddenly freezes with weird colors! - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-S H x x Antivirus ESET Smart Security Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled Using Cooler Master power supply W nbsp

A:Game suddenly freezes with weird colors!

It might be overheating. Does the graphics card fan work and come up to full speed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-suddenly-freezes-with-weird-colors.169551/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a sony viao laptop and i am working on this for the past 3 years with no problems.

Today i started my laptop and my monitor started showing me white spots and the display started showing big icons and white spots.

I tried restoring the PC to the last working ,did not work.

The display is proper till windows loads, after loading it is gone

Some one please suggest what might be the problem. I have attached the screenshot also

A:Monitor display with full of white spots suddenly

that looks like you need to set the resolution and color depth to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-display-with-full-of-white-spots-suddenly.167943/
Relevancy 25.8%

Ok i got home today and my desktop comp has been off all day last night it wasnt having this problem anyway i got home turned my comp to on my refuses desktop suddenly Internet work on noticed that the power had gone out earlier today because my clock on my desk was flashing Turned on the computer cant get internet I can get wifi fine and connect to the net find on my laptop took the cable out of the desktop plugged it into my laptop and shut my wifi off and the internet worked fine Back to my desktop plugged everything back in still nothing restarted nothing disabled and enabled local area connection still nothing ran virus scans nothing The lights on the back of the comp where it plugs the ethernet into are flashing but cant get Internet suddenly refuses to work on my desktop internet Uninstalled my device driver and reinstalled on a startup nothing System restore nothing At this point i am at a loss at what to do can anyone help nbsp

A:Internet suddenly refuses to work on my desktop

I would try reinstalling the motherboard LAN driver and see if that helps. Is everything else working ok?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-refuses-to-work-on-my-desktop.167739/
Relevancy 25.37%

Well I have been playing it for about a week now and it runs smooth maxed out and 4x AA. Now all of a sudden it runs at like 3 FPs and even when I switch to low settings its 10 FPS. WTF is going on? I've tried rebooting and ending most of the big processes in task manager. Also it runs fine in single player as normal but multiplayer is totally messed up n laggy. I have current date drivers and Game Boost which helped to increase FPS a bit so could it be that? because it started the second time I used BFBC2 with gameboost on. I run it through Steam too. Please help this is annoying. Oh and if this is important when I start playing CPU usage jumps to 100%. I'm not sure if it did that before.

A:FPS lagging problem all of a sudden? (games ran smooth but suddenly lag)

wwhat are your system specs? and please try updating all your drivers before trying anything else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-lagging-problem-all-of-a-sudden-games-ran-smooth-but-suddenly-lag.164138/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have been using a Nvidia 9800 gt vid card and have really only played one game using it. Had Rift going for a few weeks running fine on high/ultra graphics. One day I hop on and the game is unplayable due to skipping. Shortly after the blue screen pops up and shuts down the computer due to nvidia failure. I update the drivers, uninstalled then reinstalled them as well. Nothing seems to work. I have completely wiped out the computer and now am back to normal except the game will not run unless on lowest graphics (and is still choppy).

Just wondering the direction i should take.

A:Rift suddenly unplayable with Nvidia 9800GT

Kind of sounds like you might have an over heating problem. Have you tried setting the fan manually? Although, if everything has been working fine up to this point it could also be a power related issue or the card itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rift-suddenly-unplayable-with-nvidia-9800gt.163496/
Relevancy 26.23%

Typing from Safe Mode My machine Asus G Jh laptop Windows -bit Home Premium SP ATI Mobility Radeon HD Intel Core i Q GHz GB RAM TB hard drive but usage Suddenly slow normal mem pre-partitioned into segments of those with about free and one nearly full not the one with the Windows etc files In a nutshell my machine only operates normally for - minutes before things rapidly slow down eventually to the point of unusability Even then my CPU usage is only and memory usage mostly from the open IE window Here s what happened and it makes no sense I usually shut off my comp at night so my scheduled am deep Suddenly slow but normal mem usage virus scan from my Viper anti-virus doesn t happen I ve had the program for a year now and have been very satisfied One night I left my computer on and in the morning discovered that the scan had apparently frozen midway and although my system wasn t technically quot frozen quot it was unusably slow I was forced to shut down the computer by holding the power button A week later yesterday I decide to try a deep virus scan again I bring up a full screen game to pass the time After a couple hours I notice my game is running slow and that my machine is a bit warm I exit and find that Viper is attempting to update itself midway through the scan even though I already saw it update when I first opened it My entire machine was terribly slow so for all intents and purposes I couldn t open or do anything else After a few minutes of no improvement I again had to shut Suddenly slow but normal mem usage down my computer by holding the power button Note that s something I almost never have to do It s a very well-behaved computer usually When I restarted I was presented with the problem I currently have after a couple of minutes everything suddenly takes - seconds to open or perform an action Soon things essentially freeze unless you are very careful only open one window and take it slow although even then things turn south eventually The end stage is when things are officially Not Responding and after - minutes of being in that state shut themselves down According to Task Manager no program is eating up all the memory or CPU As I said it reports only CPU usage and memory usage mostly by IE I was able to Google all the exe s in the Task Manager and everything SEEMS to belong In safe mode I ran a normal not deep scan with Viper which turned up nothing but some standard cookies I installed AVG Free and Malwarebytes Free and ran them both deep scan in safe mode and they both turned up exactly zero problems I used a recovery point to restore my system to a point several hours before I attempted the scan-of-doom and the problem did not go away I ran a CHKDSK myself and nothing seemed amiss If it helps my computer seems unusually warm just running in safe mode although not alarmingly so and the fan always seems to be running at max even when the temp seems fine to me I m totally stumped and would rather not send my machine away to Best Buy for a month I d really really appreciate any help or suggestions nbsp

A:Suddenly slow but normal mem usage

You may have a blocked or damaged cooling tube. I jsut replaced one on an HP nc6400.
to see if you are overheating try speedfan, you can find it at:
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-slow-but-normal-mem-usage.163115/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey there I built my PC a little under a year ago Everything has been working perfectly until yesterday All of the sudden my graphics card s fan has been crazy loud Like its not a quot fan running faster that usual quot loud It sounds like its having issues running as the sound also sometimes fluctuates throbs if you know what I mean At first I could get it to stop by rocking my PC back and forth once or twice and another time I did it on accident when I started to move the PC to get ready to open it I took out the card and got rid of fan loud suddenly Graphics card as much dust as I could It worked fine again for about hours then it started up again I ve been reading on the internet where people are having the same problems and had to replace the fan I m hoping I don t have to do that as there doesn t seem to be a way to even open the graphics card up Here s Graphics card fan suddenly loud a link to a video I recorded to show people the sound youtube dot com watch v VHeqK Z x E It s a Radeon HD The noise is seriously getting irritating as I can t even use the computer without it making noises Not to mention that I m worried I ll have to spend a lot of money to take care of the issue FYI I m not very hardware savvy nbsp

A:Graphics card fan suddenly loud

Hi, to me that is common in CPU and Laptop CPU fan, it just suddenly loosens and you either need to open it and clean it or buy a new one, it happen more often in Laptops, but u should also know that will also happen if its up-side-down.
Best thing is to get a new one, but if u want you could try opening it and clean with an alcohol, then smear in a simple light grease... that will smoothen it again... but being that you are not a hardware savvy, then i thing get a new one...
Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-fan-suddenly-loud.161035/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi everyone ...
Can I pick someone's brains again please?
I have a Netgear router (WGR614UK) which, until recently was chatting away quite happily to my Belkin laptop dongle - usually establishing a strong connection. However, having not used the laptop for a month or so, the connection has now vanished ... and nothing I can do seems to restore it. Have even replaced the original Belkin with another 'Surfing' one. Choosing a wireless network comes up with my 'Automatic' connection (which doesn't do anything 'automatic' until I go searching for it), but then connection attempts show 'Waiting for the network ...' and then nothing else.
If you've seen my previous posts, I must look like (and probably am) a total dummy with these things, but I sure as hell would be grateful for help again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dongle-has-suddenly-stopped-talking-to-my-pc.160183/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi guys suddenly mic working stopped Headset I know this is my first post so I m sorry that it is to ask for help I own a set of Turtle Beach X headphones that I originally bought for use with my However I discovered I could use them for PC too so I now use them primarily for teamspeak and such To start with I had no problem setting it up Just plugged in the USB lead Headset mic suddenly stopped working mic lead into pink jack audio into green jack and everything worked fine without the need for drivers or any set up Everything has worked fine for weeks but all of a sudden my microphone is no longer detected by my PC The headset speakers work fine I can hear other Headset mic suddenly stopped working people but they cant hear me The weird thing is I can hear myself speak through the speakers when i speak into the mic so clearly it isnt a hardware issue but something else has changed by itself The only thing I did before the mic stopped working Aside from use teamspeak like normal was to install hamachi and to try and use the STEAM voice chat feature out of curiosity I first assumed that one of these had maybe interfered so I did a rollback but that didnt help I have tried all the basic stuff and am pretty sure my sound card drivers are up to date that I know of but any help would be very much appreciated P S I have an ASUS motherboard with a built in sound card Here is a dxdiag just in case it helps UPDATE I bought a cheap plug and play mic that just plugs into the mic jack to check if a new one would work Unfortunately it doesnt same problem I know the mic works since I can hear myself speaking through my speakers however my PC still doesnt recieve any input from the mic and so doesnt record any sound I only have one sound device that I can select so its not a problem with having the wrong thing selected I also have Microphone selected for recording and for playback so it is also not a problem with that Could it be a problem with my sound card I didnt think so because sound works fine and I havent had any error messages or anything Any help is appreciated guys nbsp

A:Headset mic suddenly stopped working

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/19/2011, 15:53:24
Machine name:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 752MB used, 5205MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0622&SUBSYS_238B1682&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,900
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0012.5896 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/9/2010 22:38:00, 6343040 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 7/9/2010 22:38:00, 10604128 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4562-11CF-3A62-870300C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0622
SubSys ID: 0x238B1682
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoPro... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-mic-suddenly-stopped-working.159917/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have had two Scepter X226W-1920 monitors for about a year, both operating at 1920x1080 resolution. When I turned my computer on today, the resolution for the second monitor was 1600x1200 and when I tried to change it that was the highest resolution available. Windows detects my primary monitor as "X226W-1920" but the second one shows up as "Generic Non-PnP monitor". I have updated all my drivers and restarted my computer several times. The strange part is that they have been functioning correctly for almost a year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-monitor-suddenly-the-wrong-resolution.160076/
Relevancy 26.23%

This is basically my first time ever posting in a forum so I is longer toast? detected, it HDD suddenly no apologize if I did anything wrong My problem The other day I came home and my computer was sitting at a black screen that said there was no boot media selected and that i needed to pick one I went into the BIOS and it wasn t detecting any hard drives at all I went through everything and nothing seems to be wrong in bios settings the boot order HDD suddenly no longer detected, is it toast? is set to hard drive only I tried unplugging it and switching SATA slots on my motherboard multiple HDD suddenly no longer detected, is it toast? times as well as switching to a brand new SATA cable I also switched the plug in coming from the power supply but it still doesnt work Possible causes About weeks ago i put in a new video card xfx radeon hd and have been running a and inch monitor with it a couple days after that i installed bit windows Pretty dumb that i didnt notice sooner but my main chassis fan is not working properly pretty old hdd The computer ran fine for a week after putting the new windows in my family says they never touched it so i assume their telling the truth I have some ideas as to whats wrong hoping someone could narrow it down for me new VidCard overheated motherboard somehow seems unlikely tho cuz everything seems to be working fine except the sata hard drive hdd overheated is it possible for the end of the cord that supplys power to the hard drive to come unplugged inside the power supply with new hardware power supply was struggling and something failed in it hdd fried its about - yrs old so wouldnt be suprised delayed compatibility issue with windows many of those are very unlikely just looking for suggestions as to where the problem is and what to do Im using an asus p q pro motherboard gb corsair ddr ram seagate barracuda gb hdd intel duo ghz cpu coolermaster case not sure what voltage is on power supply also more question if i buy a new hdd is my windows code used up or will it work again with the new hdd cause that would really suck if it didnt Sorry I typed so much trying to make it easy thanks for any suggestions nbsp

A:HDD suddenly no longer detected, is it toast?

You should probably find out how many watts your PSU is. Your card has a bit of a draw on it.

If you get a new hard drive you won't have a problem with installing Windows. First time I reinstalled, I just had to call some phone number for an automated activation, second time, didn't even need to do that.

You'll probably do ok with getting a new hard drive, but if you have another one you can use, just to check that its the HD not the mobo, that would be better.

Do you have any heat monitoring software installed? If not, you should install one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-suddenly-no-longer-detected-is-it-toast.159522/
Relevancy 25.8%

That pretty much (64-bit) flickers/disappears 7 on pointer XP mouse apps/games Win says it The app game can run quite well but drives me insane trying to use the pointer to click on hotspots Sometimes the pointer is only visible when it rolls over a hotpiont and lights it up Otherwise the application runs quite well Examples this week are CIV COLONIZATION but not CIV IV GUILD WARS prob the worst Earlier games like AGE OF WONDERS seem Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games to work fine I do see this mostly in games The other issue I have a lot is that I Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games can install and run a game from the CD DVD but then the game will not play as it cannot see the disk it just booted from and claims it is not in the DVD drive What is causing these and can anything be done I have tried all the usual compatibility fixes I have even run them on a VMPlayer XP emulator with no success It reminds me of the issues with DOOM TRILOGY on WIN XP That Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games was dos driver issue for the mouse However this problem occured right out of the box before and after updates installed Win Home Premium -bit updated to current Gateway SX- Core i CPU GHz Gateway dual-core CLARKDALE Gb DDR RAM GRAPHICS EQUIVALENT MB ATI Radeon HD XT or better MB NVIDIA GeForce GS or better or Core i or better integrated graphics it uses the integrated graphics chip i Systems Requirements Labs says these should run on it nbsp

A:Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games

Have you tried another mouse? Is the mouse wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-7-64-bit-mouse-pointer-flickers-disappears-on-xp-apps-games.158996/
Relevancy 25.37%

A couple of days ago my laptop started powering off suddenly One second it s on and the next no hard drive activity no screen no nothing This happens in an instant and without warning no blue screen Starting yesterday the problem got worse doesn't powers suddenly laptop Mysterious turn off on / - problem After the power cut out I would have Mysterious laptop problem - powers off suddenly / doesn't turn on trouble starting the computer up again Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn t When it did work I sometimes got as far as the Windows login screen When I hit a key to begin typing my password or swiped my finger on the fingerprint scanner the power cut out Today it seems to have gotten even worse Sometimes the startup process doesn t even get as far as the Windows login A couple of times today I pushed Power got the the Windows Startup Error screen selected to resume Windows as normal and bam Power s off Now this gets even more mysterious Sometimes I push the power button after one of these instances and nothing happens Sometimes I push the power button and the power light comes on and then the fan but no hard drive activity Dead Sometimes the computer won t start up at all unless I remove the battery pull the plug wait a few seconds and then try again Even stranger I have the computer on right now It s been on for hours and it s working fine I m afraid to turn it off or put it to sleep because I know it might not start up again If you are thinking overheating is the source of the problem as of right now after being on for hours each of my two processors is running at deg C and deg C which I don t think is very hot I ve been using computers for years and I ve never seen anything like this Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you Specs Sony Vaio VGN-Z US CTO Core Duo P GHz GB DDR GB RPM HDD MB nVidia M GS GPU quot x Windows Ultimate nbsp

A:Mysterious laptop problem - powers off suddenly / doesn't turn on

You say it works when you take the battery out, do you have the AC adapter plugged in, if so it sounds like a battery problem get someone to check your battery out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mysterious-laptop-problem-powers-off-suddenly-doesnt-turn-on.157648/
Relevancy 22.79%

Using Apps 1 OS to from Disk Question on & Disk 0 cloning Vista x Plan on using True Image to clone OS amp Applications partitions C D from Disk to Disk Of course before booting to the new cloned OS have to set it active amp old one hidden Windows will assign C to new active boot partition Not sure about others Question is about the drive letters of the other several partitions on BOTH HDDs Maybe my Question on cloning OS & Apps from Disk 0 to Disk 1 questions should be about switching HDD cables or changing BIOS settings Right now on disk have C thru L On disk have partitions M - P Some all of those could be moved to disk at some point during whole process Don t have to move all those partitions amp data from disk to disk amp not too concerned about the assigned drive letters of any except the OS amp Applications After creating blank formatted partitions in front of M if also cloned D amp maybe E F from disk to how would Vista treat the cloned drive letters on disk amp others already on disk - M thru P Since current disk will become booting disk is there any reason or necessary to switch disks amp HDD cables on mobo Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-cloning-os-apps-from-disk-0-to-disk-1.157665/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok, this problem just happened now and i dont know why but once in a while, the mouse just suddenly stops responding. The light in the mouse appears but it wont respond!! Right now it works but it might happen again. Please help. thanks

A:Mouse suddenly stops...

Mouse problem

If you have wireless mouse, check the batteries are good.
If you have a wired mouse, can you try a different one, to test if the wire has broken inside the lead ? If you use a mouse mat, try using a different one with a white colour surface, (not a colour picture on it).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-suddenly-stops.153463/
Relevancy 25.8%

I take a lot of pictures and a significant portion of my workflow for processing them involves loading them onto my laptop organizing them into folders burning them onto a blank DVD as a back up and then transferring them to my main computer which I do all my editing on via the DVD I ve been doing this for the past with no problems up until now Starting a day or two whenever getting contents DVD-Rs to Suddenly desktop copying errors of ago I can t seem to copy the contents of any of my burned DVD-Rs to my computer without getting one Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop of these two error messages Error Copying File or Folder Cannot copy filename The request could not be performed because of an I O device error Click to expand -or- Error Copying File or Folder Cannot copy filename The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid Click to expand The copying process goes smoothly for the first or so gigs out of and the disc spinning can Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop be heard but then it goes silent and the copying goes much slower eventually stopping entirely and giving me one of those errors I googled both error Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop messages but couldn t find much that applied to my situation copying files from dvd-rs to a desktop and I m not sure what they mean or what to do about them Any help would be much appreciated Btw OS is Windows XP Pro SP nbsp

A:Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop

Either the discs/burns are bad or your DVD drive laser is having issues reading the discs. I would suggest trying a different optical drive and see if you have the same issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-getting-errors-whenever-copying-contents-of-dvd-rs-to-desktop.155638/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello,

Till yesterday, my LG Studioworks 700S CRT monitor was working fine. Today morning when I switched on the PC, the monitor screen's display turned concave [screen display is curved inwards].

I have tried all the settings from the monitors front panel [i.e. the buttons of the monitor], but the diplay just doesnt change! I have also restarted the PC twice, unplugged and plugged all the cables, but of no use!
I have tried the Pincushion settings, i'm not able to make changes in them. Its not accepting any changes! Pls help to solve the problem in some other way.

What can be the problem?! Why this has happened suddenly?

I work for the whole day on my PC, so pls help me urgent as i'm not able to continue with my work!

A:CRT display suddenly concave

if you mean it looks like a time-glass, it's dying, and there is probably no way to fix your monitor.
you need to buy a new monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crt-display-suddenly-concave.153413/
Relevancy 26.66%

I was traveling several weeks ago and all of a sudden my speakers stopped working (around the same time I could no longer download Windows updates -- Broni worked with me on that and I am malware free and currently updated). I hooked up some external speakers and they don't work either. I don't even get the Windows sound when I boot up. I checked devices looking for that yellow triangle with the black exclamation point but there is no such thing.

Any suggestions on how I can find out what is wrong?

Thank you.

A:Suddenly, no sound

My sound device is "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-no-sound.152678/
Relevancy 25.37%

Ok so, I was playing an online game on my HP Pavillion 6500 when suddenly a purple screen with pixilated squares appears. I reboot the laptop and now when it's starting up all I see is strange pixilated screens (usually black, with squares) similar to TV static. It does not respond to any input and doesn't get to the windows logon screen. I have tried connecting the laptop to a external monitor, but it seems that the laptop doesn't recognise it.

I'm just wondering what hardware part has died and what the problem might be?

A:Laptop suddenly has strange pixilated patterns & not responding at all

It sounds very much like your onboard graphics chip has died to me. Unfortunatly with laptops it usualy is a matter of replacing the whole motherboard.

You could try a cmos reset, which i think is done by removing the battery and holding down the power button for 5 or so seconds. Also make sure there is no dust or crap blocking any of your vents, and a good blast of compressed air cant hurt.

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-has-strange-pixilated-patterns-not-responding-at-all.152845/
Relevancy 26.23%

hey

this just happened

my computer wont play compressed wav files anymore. it suddenly happened when I was playing around with Fl studio. first i thought that this program was failing, but then I've found out that even VLC won't play them.
then I Google it, downloaded some different codec's, but no. still no luck.

what have I missed?

A:Suddenly wav files problem

What program have you installed recently? This may be due to a codec conflict.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-wav-files-problem.152165/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,

I was playing counter stirke but suddenly I got a black screen and on it: "cannot display this video mode, change copmuter display to [email protected]"
But I was playing with a resolution of something with 1600.
I have a Philips 220E LCD.

Someone help me please..

A:Suddenly black screen

Boot into Safe Mode with VGA capabilities. Uninstall present graphics drivers and do a fresh install of the latest ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-black-screen.151805/
Relevancy 26.23%

yesterday everything was working fine this morning i turned on my computer and it booted correctly but when it got to my desktop neither my mouse nor kjeyboard were working just a unresponsive and suddenly mouse Keyboard few notes -i have windows xp profesional -my mouse uses usb port -my keyboard uses ps port keep in mind the keyboard works only before it reaches my desktop i have already tried -rebooting many many times -making sure the keyboard and mouse were plugged into the right spots -using my brothers mouse and keyboard -went into bios -repairing windows from cdrom SOOO now its installing windows like its supposed to be BUT MY MOUSE STILL WONT WORK and some Keyboard and mouse suddenly unresponsive pop up popped up saying something about a software without a liscene and if i want to continue setup anyway and i cant click yes or no so its just stuck at quot setup will complete in minutes quot and i dont know what to do someone please help nbsp

A:Keyboard and mouse suddenly unresponsive

First, try a different mouse and keyboard. Also, try an old keyboard and mouse in PS/2 slots... as a test.

We are astonished by so many failures of USB mouse and keyboard configurations... There are now so many that don't last longer than a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-suddenly-unresponsive.151609/
Relevancy 25.37%

As the title says my wireless internet access has very suddenly stopped working The last time I used it sometime last night maybe hours ago it was working fine This morning I wake suddenly working access stops Internet Wireless up and it simply won t work The only thing I did was turn my computer off before going to bed and it had been off until this morning when I turned it on and it wouldn t work The thing that confuses me the most about this is from Wireless Internet access suddenly stops working the moment it was working to the moment it wasn t working I m sure it was completely powered down that whole time I ve restarted and rebooted every piece of hardware multiple times already From what I can tell the problem appears to be with my computer only since no one else or any other computer in my house appears to be affected Inspiron running Windows bit Some other facts I can connect to the internet perfectly if I plug in with an ethernet cable I can connect to my router and access its firmware and can see my computer as connected to the router Other laptops have no problem connecting wirelessly to the internet on the same wireless network Wireless adapter Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-card Wireless adapter driver version Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - B- -AA-EA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc a ef e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Tuesday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-BB-DD- - D- - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Let me know if you need any other information nbsp

A:Wireless Internet access suddenly stops working

Do you have a LAN connection icon in the taskbar notifications? Right click on it and troubleshoot it. Windows 7 might be able to repair the connection. If you don't have an icon in the taskbar, go to the Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-access-suddenly-stops-working.148749/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello out there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100 series Laptop that keeps shutting off when windows starts. I am able to log in through safe mode and safe mode with network. But whenever I let the system start normally it shuts off. I have recently changed the battery. I got my new battery fully charged and had no problems starting the computer. I turned the computer on using battery power only and it worked till it ran out of juice. But again it has reverted to shutting off when I log into my account and I can't seem to charge the battery back up or get any power from the power supply.

Is this a connection problem with my power supply or is something wrong with my motherboard?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Laptop shutting off suddenly

Ok. New information. Looks like if I start my system with the AC power only, it works. But if I start my system with battery then it shuts off and I cant get it to power up at all. Seems like there was a short and the system needs to wait a few minutes to re-boot. That's how I see it not what it's actually happening.
If I start my laptop with only AC power and log in and then put the battery in, I can disconnect the AC and the battery takes over and everything is fine. I know it's bad to connect the battery once the system is on, but that's the only way I found it would work.

Any thoughts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-shutting-off-suddenly.148580/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, my sound has suddenly stopped working. It was fine last night, but when I came home today it wasn't working. I tried plugging in headphones into the audio jack and still no sound. Right now I'm using hdmi cables.

Can someone please post some suggestions as to what I should do to further diagnose the problem?

I'm using windows 7.

[EDIT]

Oh and everything says I have sound. What I mean is, when I am playing a video with sound and I watch the system sound control, the sound gauge lights up in accordance to the video.

A:Suddenly no audio

Is this a desktop or laptop computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-no-audio.147060/
Relevancy 26.23%

This has happened before from the same thing - running the popup window from Live365.com to listen to streaming radio.

Sound crashes for whatever reason I cannot fathom and a reboot usually fixes the issue.

Not so this time. I even updated my Realtek HD audio driver. I have rebooted 3-4 times now, no joy. And no sound.

Here's my dxdiag attached

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I have checked the control panel device manager, everything is fine. No exclamation points, no indication the sound is not working. The driver says it is working. The sound controls are not muted.

I do not use speakers. I have audio in my monitor, but I rarely use it. I always use ear plugs/headphones

A:Sound suddenly does not work

No one can help me? Please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-suddenly-does-not-work.145951/
Relevancy 25.37%

Basically my computer is linked to the internet via a wireless router and has all of a sudden become really slow at browsing There are other browsing One network on suddenly slow? wireless my is computer computers connected to the network in this house and one more that is linked to the router All of these computers are fine and have no problems at all I One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow? used to have no trouble browsing One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow? but things have become so slow lately that I get constant disconnects from Windows Live Messenger Facebook struggles to load I can t even use YouTube anymore Yet all of the other computers are fine I did upgrade to Windows months or so back and I replaced the network card in this PC a couple of months ago but its only been since last week that I ve been having these problems I have always had a decent - bars on the network signal icon but this sometimes drops to bars - which it never used to do What makes it more suspicious is that the router is only in the room next door and I have a long range adaptor The last time I had a disconnect on the computer I switched to my phone s Wi-Fi and it couldn t find the router for a while Yet all the other computers are working fine still Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem I m very capable with computers in general and I have kept this machine in very good working order so I m sure it s not a virus and I wouldn t have thought it to be a registry corruption or anything like that but this really has me stumped Thanks for any help nbsp

A:One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow?

Download and install the free copy of IOBIT Advance System Care. Once install it will start scanning for stuff then you click on repair and it will backup files then clean and fix. There are two buttons. One on the top and the one on the right. Need to run. If you install and run it, report back on it's findings.

Rule #1 Check system out
Rule #2 Check to see if Windows 7 update re-patch your wireless driver lately
Rule #3 Disable onboard Wireless and use USB wireless adapter and see what you get

Rule 1 and 3 should done. 3 is if the other two rules didn't show anything different?

Router brand, firmware check, an etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-my-wireless-network-is-suddenly-browsing-slow.145689/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey everyone,

My laptop (i'm not sure the make or model matters) suddenly died, it was working fine one minute, left the room for around 30 seconds, came back and has seemingly has no power. The machine has been running purely off the power adapter because there is no battery. There's no lights on, indicating an electrical connection; it's completely dead. I used a phase tester to confirm a good power adapter, so the problem seems to be with the computer. I don't think the electrical input socket (?) is at fault cos it's not loose.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe it has something to do with that internal coin-shaped battery?

I'd really appreciate any help because i'm completely at a loss as to what i should do next...

Thanks!

A:ZE4500 Laptop Suddenly died, lights out, no sign of life, boo

Could be a dry joint on power connector, underside motherboard try wiggling to see if you get some response, coin battery is only to retain CMOS information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ze4500-laptop-suddenly-died-lights-out-no-sign-of-life-boo.144237/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all First post I have a Verbatim Store n Go GB USB drive that I have had for about a year All has worked fine up until today I was using it for a while went out came home and decided I needed to take some important info off of it I plug it in it lights up and the icon shows up on the taskbar that is used for ejecting it But it won t come up in the My Computer folder so needless to say I could not access whats on the drive It did however work on my Vista Laptop at first Well now it will not even light up let alone get recognized by both computers XP and Vista I have vacation pictures on there school work documents and other important info that I have recieved since I got it And figures it happens as I am in the process of transferring everything over to my newly purchased external drive This was the next thing on the list and I am hoping there is still a chance to revive it I don t really care if I have to replace it as long as I can transfer the stuff off it first I have no idea what happened It was working about hours ago working Go not USB suddenly Verbatim Store n 16GB drive before I went out I came back plugged it in and it Verbatim Store n Go 16GB USB drive suddenly not working is no longer working I am very causious about removing it and I always make sure I get the message that Verbatim Store n Go 16GB USB drive suddenly not working I can safely Verbatim Store n Go 16GB USB drive suddenly not working remove it If someone could please help me out I would really appreciate that Thanks Bill nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/verbatim-store-n-go-16gb-usb-drive-suddenly-not-working.144022/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone I have the Logitech surround sound speakers hooked up to my PC It s the z- version Today I went Suddenly Stopped Speakers Working Logitech to listen to Logitech Speakers Suddenly Stopped Working music and the speakers have stopped working The music is very choppy and the sound will change to different speakers almost as if it s shorting out For instance you ll hear partial sound on the left-front speaker then it ll change to the rear-back speaker and the sound isn t constant I also hear quot pulsing sounds quot coming from my subwoofer and all other speakers like every seconds I ve tried different applications itunes vlc windows media same problem I haven t screwed around with any drivers or audio settings for these speakers I know for a fact it isn t my soundcard as I used headphones on another port and the sound is normal I also have the speakers plugged into a UPS so nothing electrical could have damaged it I m running Windows bit with no sound drivers installed Default windows sound configuration is set up Any suggestions as to why these speakers just suddenly stopped working Help would be greatly appreciated Best regards nbsp

A:Logitech Speakers Suddenly Stopped Working

Well if you plug headphones in and the sound if normal, then its most likely to be the speakers themselves. Is the anyway you can plug the speakers into another PC and see if the problem persists?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-speakers-suddenly-stopped-working.140833/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Folks I was playing Oblivion and was messing with some of the many mods I use with the game I noticed after restarting the game sound partial lost Suddenly that some of the sound was malfunctioning such as the voice dialouge and certain sound effects such as casting a lightening spell or a fireball After further investigation I discovered that I had similar problems in other games as well so I knew it wasnt just Oblivion When watching videos such as You tube I have music but no voice Also some of the Windows system sounds will no longer play but others will So in short I can hear music being played though that sometimes gets warbly but in general cannot hear any voice or special effect type sounds wether it be in games or watching YouTube Media Player or listening to ITunes I should also mention that at times the sounds seem to be trying to play like they re very faint and distorted but usually there is just silence Here are the basics of my system Windows XP Home Sp AMD x Processor Biostar TA GX A Motherboard GB OCX dual channel memory GeForce GT mb graphics At the time of the problem I was running the on board sound in the AMD GX chipset but have since switched to a SoundBlaster X-fi Extremegamer card Here is what I ve done to troubleshoot the problem but to no avail -Reinstalled the latest MB chipset and Suddenly lost partial sound Audio drivers -Reflashed with the latest BIOS update -Purchased and installed the SoundBlaster card mentioned above -Wiped the hard drive and reinstalled Windows with all updates -Downloaded and installed K-Lite Codec Pack standard and ran the repair options Which messed up my ability to open the Windows sound control specifically SNDVOL EXE I suspect that after everything I ve tried there must be something wrong with my motherboard I ve tried to look for specific sound issues related to my MB on the net but didnt really come up with anything helpful Any suggestions would be appreciated This board is only a year old and I d rather not go buy a new MB at this point Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-lost-partial-sound.140603/
Relevancy 26.23%

My Laptop in the last day or so has started to run really slow. I have checked for viruses and spyware and still running slow. Anyone know what I could do?

Attached is a log of HijackThis.

A:Laptop suddenly running really slow?

Hijackthis log looks okay... Try running a disk check on restart. Right-click on the hard drive in My Computer, select properties, tools, error checking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-running-really-slow.140548/
Relevancy 25.8%

Everything working fine on Linksys home router connected to cable modem WRT150N until we suddenly lost the internet connection. After resetting router, resetting modem and restarting computer, everything's back up and running, all puters connect to network and internet, but now wireless laptop identifies the router as generic Lynksys unsecured network.

When I run Linksys Setup it says it can't connect to internet even as the internet is running on the next screen. It won't let me change network name or password.

In short, network and internet connection working fine, but can't edit the Linksys to re-secure the network. Could someone have remotely screwed with my router? Can you think of any way to regain control of router? Re-install linksys software?

A:Linksys router suddenly went generic and unsecured

I've pasted these instructions from my prior sticky post on DSL reports forum I hope it helps you.

[Info] Flush out the NVRAM Before you Re-Flash Your Router Update

WARNING*** DO NOT FLASH OVER WIRELESS OR IN A LIGHTING STORM
YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE POWER DURING THE NEXT STEPS
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME DOING THE BELOW STEPS
NO RUSH OKAY!
GOOD LUCK!

Step A_
First backup your config file
Take the router off your network
Just keep the power plug in it..
Now you'll need pin or paper clip for the reset button
This reset button need to be press in for 90 secs
During each 30 secs you'll be doing:

Step B_
press reset for 30 sec on the first try
press reset for 30 sec and unplug the power cord at the same time
press reset for 30 sec and plug-in the power cord at the same time
now unplug the unit wait 30 seconds
now plug in the power

Step C_
connect 1 LAN port cable back to the router
login as the admin
now re-flash
wait until the screen is completed

Step D_
Now repeat these steps..
press reset for 30 sec on the final try
reset 30 and unplug the power cord at the same time
press reset for 30 sec and plug-in the power cord at the same time
now plug in the power

Step E_
connect all LAN/WAN cables back to the router
login as the admin
either you recover from a backup or just start fresh.

The above should not be done while connected to your cable modem. Best to turn that off also. Once you hit Step E test the router on your LAN first before you connect the modem for testing on the WAN. You need to make sure you LAN browsing is fixed and the router is providing DHCP to all your wired network and wireless network devices. Once you do that then connect the modem and see if you can now browse on the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-suddenly-went-generic-and-unsecured.139822/
Relevancy 25.8%

Since yesterday, my monitor and audio suddenly stops receiving signals from my computer randomly.
I was forced to reboot my computer after waiting for 20 minutes. After I reboot, it works fine for a while, then my computer monitor and audio stops working again, and I tried a few more times with plug tweaks and other minor changes, but monitor and audio still stops working at random times.
Please help, I use this computer for work. Thanks in advance.

A:Monitor and audio suddenly stops working

Does the computer do this when you are using it or when it's just sitting idle?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-and-audio-suddenly-stops-working.139598/
Relevancy 25.37%

So I ve had this router for years set-up went perfectly and I ve never had connections problems Until a couple days ago The internet light kept going off and dropping my connection about every seconds which makes it impossible to download anything and runs the internet slowly I called tech support and we got it up and running again that worked for a couple days and today my router just suddenly died The working Belkin Router F5D7230-4 suddenly stopped internet Belkin F5D7230-4 Router suddenly stopped working light is just off completely no matter what I do I ve tried everything from unplugging the router Belkin F5D7230-4 Router suddenly stopped working several times unplugging the modem several Belkin F5D7230-4 Router suddenly stopped working times running the disk that it came with updating the firmware running it wired through all the computers in my house and finally the little reset button on the bottom about times Nothing has worked Funny thing is I was just playing Call of Duty two hours ago so I don t understand what has happened at all I ve given up and I really would like my network back so all the electronic applications in my household can connect to the internet wirelessly Any help is appreciated thanks in advance TL DR The router has been working perfectly for a long time and suddenly the internet light is off completely and I ve tried everything to get it to work numerous times failing Please help nbsp

A:Belkin F5D7230-4 Router suddenly stopped working

All routers have a useful product life. Components in the burn out or "wear out" in three to five years... six if you are very lucky... I don't know of any which have a warranty longer than three years, and most are only a year.
When they stop working, buy another... as this one has "burned out."
Belkin is not a maker or manufacturer as much as it is primarily a marketer... the same models of router products are different in different countries or even on separate ends of the same country.

You will have much better luck with a high end LinkSys by Cisco, and even better luck yet with a Cisco... but then the prices are much higher, as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-f5d7230-4-router-suddenly-stopped-working.138466/
Relevancy 26.23%

I've got a iPod Touch 16 GB and want to fill out the memory a little with some game apps I can play during sitting in the bus.

I'm searching for a good racing game and it would be okay to pay if it's worth it - but their so many to choose between. Any tips of good racing game apps ( with many maps, choose car...) ?

Which free game app is your favorite? My favorite free game right now would be "Rat on run" by Donuts Games.

I wasn't sure if I chose the right forum for this question.

A:Looking for good iPod Touch game apps

60 views but no answer...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-good-ipod-touch-game-apps.137972/
Relevancy 26.23%

It was working one day, and then the next it wasn't. I've tried all the common fixes, like checking to see if everything is plugged in correctly, looking in Device Manager to make sure the volume is up and there are no "mute" boxes checked. Device Manager says the card is in working order. All of that, but I'm getting no sound. I know the speakers work because I'm running the sound through a Pioneer receiver and when I set it on "tuner" I can hear sound. So that's not the issue.

I'm thinking it's some kind of driver conflict or something, but I haven't added any software lately, so I don't know why things would've changed.

The bottom line is, any help you could give me would be appreciated much.

A:Sound on my PC stopped working suddenly

It would be useful to know brand, model, OS, and age of computer.
Have you looked in the device manager for red, yellow, or black flags indicating a driver problem?
If you have driven your computer to high volume for very long you may have "burned out" the sound components. In that case, if you have on-board sound, you will need to install a PCI sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-on-my-pc-stopped-working-suddenly.137318/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I'm on XP and have had wireless broadband for ages until yesterday morning it suddenly wouldn't connect.
It can detect the network and other networks in the area but cannot connect to the internet. I've done the following things:
Turned the router on and off.
Pinged my IP, which came back with this: Request timed out four times, Packets sent=4, Received=0, Lost=4 (100% loss)

Is something blocking it? Could it be a trojan or virus? I've got both Kaspersky and Adaware, currently scanning, but I'm not an *****, I never download or click on anything dodgy, I only checked my email on friday night before turning it off. I don't know what could have changed overnight.

What can I do?
Thanks.

A:Internet suddenly not responding/connecting

Call your ISP and explain your issue and what you have done to try to resolve it. Make sure you tell them you pinged your your IP and what information you received.

Also go to Tools > Internet Options > General Tabs Is your internet homepage address listed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-not-responding-connecting.136864/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a HP Pavillion laptop and the other day I closed the lid, came back an hour later an had no internet access. I know its not the router because I grabbed my wiles laptop and set them side by side at the ssame table and her worked just fine.

Here are some steps I have already tried:

turned off and on the wireless switch a few times - no luck

went into device manager and deletedd the hardware for the wireless. Restartedd the computer, vista reinstalled the hardware automatically - no luck

shut down the computer for a few hours hoping this would hekp. - no luck

I'm baffled and am not very good at this stuff. Please respond like your talking to a 5yr old. I know, embarrassing, but true.

A:Wireless internet stopped working suddenly

Laptop internal wireless cards are known to fail. Try attaching a usb wireless device and see if you can connect

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-stopped-working-suddenly.134190/
Relevancy 22.79%

Okay this is the weirdest problem I ve ever hard with computers Here s what happened I had a few years old Pentium D GHz processor running on Asus P VDC-X mobo PQI MHz DDR and GF GS mb PCI-E W power I updated the mobo to Asus P L-MX to support faster PCI-E cards Everything worked fine despite the processor stopped working, working suddenly old mobo mobos New ran too hot C on high use Because of the overheating I replaced the thermal paste but it New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working had no effect on the temperature I thought I used too much paste so I replaced the paste again --- Bang no video when I turn on the computer I tried taking off everything part by part but nothing worked It didn t work even when I only had processor and used the integrated graphics port Tried resetting the bios too Nothing worked so I put back the old P VDC-X and it worked like charm I thought it was logical that the problem was caused because of the mobo so I bought New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working a new one Asrock G M-S No video Did the same steps to this one too It also had integrated gfx but it didn t work either The old P VDC-X still works So I have no idea what s causing the problem Is it the CPU Mobo PSU RAM I have no speaker on my case so I can t hear any beeps but it won t start loading the OS from the hardrive and my USB mouse won t turn on Tried using a differen t monitor too The main point is why it stopped working suddenly on new mobo s but still works with the old P VDC-X Any ideas Let me know if I forgot to mention something important nbsp

A:New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working

Two new motherboards tells us you made the same simple install error in both of them.
Tell us more about power supply, memory, cable.
Did you make sure the memory was correct for both new boards, and what is the memory on the old board. Would also like to know the power supply and other hard ware.
What happens with the most basic, simple install. Does everything light up?

If you used the same hard drive with the same Windows install on the two motherboards, that is the problem. Windows has detected that you have changed the motherboard and will not operate unless you reinstall Windows on the drive on each new motherboard... One install for each motherboard.
My guess is that you will be fine if you change hard drives or do reinstalls or repair installs of the Windows on the new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobos-suddenly-stopped-working-old-mobo-working.135719/
Relevancy 26.23%

I was playing a game online at a friends house using their wireless when all of a sudden my wireless died I thought it was just their wireless but when i went home to connect on mine i still had a problem I ve tried turning the switch on and off to no prevail When i go to connect to a network my wireless detects nothing I found an option to find the problem and it told me my wireless was turned off so i checked the switch and it was on i also went to my computer and to device manager and checked my network devices and they are apparently all working fine so i really don t know what the problem is here Please help also Wireless help suddenly, died i saw on another post that i should copy paste what my what my cmd says Wireless died suddenly, help when i type ipconfig all C Users ownage gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ownage-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E - Wireless died suddenly, help - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b bc Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - - - - F-BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap domain not set invalid Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A CAB- CF- B- BB-A BC BD br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users ownage gt nbsp

A:Wireless died suddenly, help

Quite the mystery!!!

If your card was disabled or not working it wouldn't show up with this much information in the ipconfig /all report.

It also looks like you're on Windows Vista of some sorts since your home path is: C:\Users

Your Wireless card's network stack is also working. It's assigning itself an Automatic Private IP Address. (APIPA) That's the weird little address that you get starting with 169.xxx.xxx.xxx in the IPv4 Address line. Usually to me, it means that you computer tried to ask the network for an address but nothing was configured to respond to it. So it gave itself an address - which is mostly useless in this case.

I think, maybe, could you try to disable any firewall settings? (Just turn your firewall(s) to Off and test again to see if the problem went away.) If it goes away, then you know that some rule in the firewall is doing this to you. Do you have Symantec Anti-virus installed? Because I've seen that come with a firewall that screws up a computer on more than one occasion. It wouldn't be the right way to configure a firewall, but it might be blocking the broadcast responses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-died-suddenly-help.133072/
Relevancy 24.94%

I m using an issue? suddenly software broken or stopped card working. Video NVidia Video card suddenly stopped working. broken or software issue? GT video card or I was Over the last few weeks every once in a while my monitor would get no signal Once I restarted the computer the signal was restored and everything was fine I got a pretty bad virus this weekend and shortly after I managed to finally fix my system my video card no longer sends any signal at all It doesn t matter which port on the card I plug my monitor into I get no signal Restarting no longer solves the issue The monitor works fine if I plug it into the VGA port on the back of my computer so I know its not that When I opened the tower up I noticed it was pretty dusty inside My question is this Was the timing just a coincidence Is my card fried to to dust buildup overheating or did the removal of the infected files somehow remove something that allowed my card to be detected and run nbsp

A:Video card suddenly stopped working. broken or software issue?

Video cards are among the most common failure components in a computer over the past three years in our part of the Southwest.... Whether nVidia or ATI

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-suddenly-stopped-working-broken-or-software-issue.132838/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi,
i have wireless D-Link router and i use Alfa usb adapter to connect wirelessly to my brother home network , there are no any problem in internet connection, but i found when i use some software the sign of network disappears suddenly throught there are the other networks signs !
the software which i use it is Messenger which called : Beyluxe Messaenger.
after i opened the software and connect to the rooms without any problems, about 30 min , i got message from the Beyluxe messenger : You have disconneted from Beyluxe , then i check the wireless sign , but i found the wireless network sign of my rother network disappear ! and the i think the router also power off because the sign at normal about 90% .
can any one help me with that to know the causes of this ?

A:Wireless D-Link router - suddenly power off

salman2 said:

hi,
i have wireless D-Link router and i use Alfa usb adapter to connect wirelessly to my brother home network , there are no any problem in internet connection, but i found when i use some software the sign of network disappears suddenly throught there are the other networks signs !
the software which i use it is Messenger which called : Beyluxe Messaenger.
after i opened the software and connect to the rooms without any problems, about 30 min , i got message from the Beyluxe messenger : You have disconneted from Beyluxe , then i check the wireless sign , but i found the wireless network sign of my rother network disappear ! and the i think the router also power off because the sign at normal about 90% .
can any one help me with that to know the causes of this ?Click to expand...

Which model do you have? Did you update the firmware for it. DLINK Router. Also how old is this router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-d-link-router-suddenly-power-off.131724/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,
I have SMC router, i have 2 PCs connected to it, my PC sometimes suddenly lose connectivity with the router ( i can't ping the router ) while the other PC doesn't lost connectivity. The problem can sometimes be solved by just restarting my PC, but last time restarting didn't solved it, i tried uninstall and reinstall my NIC, but it didn't work, so i had to use System Restore which solved the problem. Today i had the problem again.
I have Nod32 and Super Anti Spyware both updated, no threats found.
My NIC is Nvidia nForce Networking Connector ( Integrated with the MB ) with the latest driver.

Thanx....

A:Suddenly My PC Lose Connectivity With Router

Have you swapped the PC cable positions in the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-my-pc-lose-connectivity-with-router.131703/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have two devices:

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B
and
Sony DVD-ROM DDU 1615

things have always worked fine until last night I go to download some songs for my daughter to our Itunes account and the drives don't even turn on or spin or anything.

I checked device manager and both have yellow exclamation points by them. When I check the properties for both, I get this message:

"windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device (Code 41)."

any suggestions? thanks.

A:CD-RW & DVD-ROM suddenly no longer work

Check your cables to the drives by unplugging the power cord, then removing the cables, and reinserting them. then restore the power cord.
Otherwise, the problem may be with your power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rw-dvd-rom-suddenly-no-longer-work.130200/
Relevancy 26.23%

Sound suddenly vanished right very bizzare i know but yes it happened My m was using Windows Media Player last night and it was working fine with no problems He boots up suddenly Sound vanished this morning and suddenly discovers he has no sound His Sound suddenly vanished system specifications are as follows P Ghz Mb DDR RAM Unknown board model but it is a compaq standard W Sound suddenly vanished PSU also compaq Windows OS sorry his PC is very old and its seems Sound suddenly vanished to have been quot hashed quot together Recent Changes I though at first it might be something to do with recent changes to the PC but the only recent change i can think off that may have affected it is the installation of uTorrent which he is using to download songs and YES i have removed this however this did not work What i have tried I kinda knew it wasnt windows Media Player at fault as there were no system sounds either but anyway i still tried a fress install on Windows Media Player X - No good Downloaded the Realtek AC audio codecs - So far so good tried to INSTALL these drivers but it crashed through every install attempt not impressed he then told me he DID have soundmax on there but this had now sibsequently disappeared I didn think that this would have made much difference but i tried a fresh install of the Soundmax Drivers X - No good though then that perhaps the audiobuilder had been turned off but cant seem to find it on maybe im looking in the wrong place UM sorta at a loose end now as my knowledge of K is very limited he is consider a possible upgrade fo XP as he JUST about has the specs for it AS i don know the motherboard model would u be able to install XP on the PC and then install the Realtek Audio AC codecs to get the sound Thanks for the help guys Nesbitt nbsp

A:Sound suddenly vanished

would u be able to install XP on the PCClick to expand...

If he wants to run xp, he has met the minimum requirements as I read them http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314865

I am running winn2k on one machine still, and have no desire to change, but I am running sp4.
I would highly recommend that you doublecheck this, as the latest sp has urgent security updates.

and then install the Realtek Audio AC'97 codecs to get the soundClick to expand...

He should be able to get either os to get sound...
To get there with 2k may require using driver cleaner ... http://www.drivercleaner.net/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-suddenly-vanished.129819/
Relevancy 25.37%

My motherboard suddenly isn't recognizing my DVD drive anymore. It was working fine before. I don't know what caused this problem to occur. I'm 100% sure it isn't the IDE cable or the optical drive (which is set to master). Could it be that my computer's voltage is too high or too low? Just a wild guess. Also, how can I find out my computer's voltage?

A:Mobo suddenly not recognizing DVD drive, Is my PC's voltage too high/low?

Im pretty sure its nothing to do with voltages.

Does your dvd drive appear in "my computer"?

Try this:

http://www.randomfix.com/2007/04/12/windows-vista-?-missing-cddvd-rom-drive/

Hope it helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-suddenly-not-recognizing-dvd-drive-is-my-pcs-voltage-too-high-low.129690/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I m running an Asus p k motherboard with nv geforce desktop whenever i run any ram intensive mostly video games team fortress WoW Left Dead etc etc my computer crashes Most of the time my computer completely shuts down as soon as i launch the games In running apps Comp ram intensive crashes when are reponse to that i ve tried scanning the hard drive cleaning out all the dust within the tower with canned air and many other things until i tried lowerng running the games while Comp crashes when ram intensive apps are running windows is on powersaving mode While running on max power saving mode on the AI suite by asus comp doesn t crash when the games start up but crashes awhile after say min I m wondering what wrong with my tower and how much am i looking at in order to fix it What the little knowledge in hardwares for PC i m guessing somethings wrong with the power supply can anyone helps Edit Another guess of mine is that electricity isn t being supplied throughout the tower evenly Much Thanks Derrick nbsp

A:Comp crashes when ram intensive apps are running

Replace the power supply first... Don't go too cheap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-crashes-when-ram-intensive-apps-are-running.129491/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello,

I have searched the forums for this problem and I have found a few threads talking about no video being displayed from the PCIe and having to resort to onboard graphics.

My problem is almost identical except for one detail. When I have something plugged into my PCIe slot my comp won't boot and it just "ticks" at me. The "ticks" sound like memory check ticks you normaly hear at boot but they dont stop and it never tries to boot. Any ideas?

System equipment:

Windows Vista 32 bit
AMD Athlon 64 processor 3599+ 2.20 ghz
4 gig dual channel RAM
Geforce 8600 GT

A:PCIe Video card suddenly stops working

what about your power supply,the recommended power supply is a minimum requirement of 350w and 22 Amps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-video-card-suddenly-stops-working.128974/
Relevancy 26.23%

I came down to my computer this morning and noticed a few things were off.

Although the LED at the front of the case was lit, the computer was silent (no fans spinning, no hard disk on). The keyboard's LED was lit, as well as the LED of an external hard disk i had connected. The optical mouse, on the other hand didn't not seem to have any power.

Now when i try to turn the computer on, the fan starts to spin (for a split second) then stops. No hard disk activity, and no LED on the mobo is lit.

I'm hoping this is something to do with the powersupply, though the fact that some peripherals have power worries me. The PSU is a 400 / 450 W (can't remember) EzCool. It's relatively new, but on the cheap side.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Computer suddenly dead

Since this apparently suddenly happened, I'd venture that you are correct in assuming the power supply. That the fans spin for a bit then stop is pretty common on dead PSUs, and LEDs require very little power to run so that doesn't concern me. The LED on the mobo is generally worthless to diagnose PSU issues, but since yours isn't lit that does indicate there is a problem, but I'm not convinced that means it is the PSU - it could be a bad motherboard, although they tend to fail much less than PSUs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-suddenly-dead.128436/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just used my computer suddenly My gone drive is the last night and on the morning when I turn it on my partition drive is gone First it was like Drive C Master GB Drive D Master Partition GB Drive E Slave GB Drive F Slave Partition My drive is gone suddenly GB then on the morning it was like Drive C Master GB Drive E Slave GB When I checked the BIOS it didn t detect my SLAVE Drive but the E Drive was there after using any methods I know btw I m really a newbie to hardware stuffs like re-plug all the cables cleaning the dusts It My drive is gone suddenly worked before check disk and any standard procedures But nothing comes out this time I was reading other posts and trying to use the ZAR but my AVG detected it as Virus so I don t dare to use it yet at least until my brother whose a pro at this comes home next month I m open to any suggestion from everyone so thanks in advance - -v nbsp

A:My drive is gone suddenly

Well ZAR is not a Virus, so AVG must be falsely reporting it as so.

But I feel the drive not detected is a hardware issue
Although it could even be turned off in Bios (CMOS) settings

Start with reset Bios to defaults (usually get to Bios setup, by pressing DEL or F2 or some other key at your computer power up)

Re-check the data and power cables on your secondary Master drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-drive-is-gone-suddenly.127094/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi!

Sometimes my laptop suddenly shuts itself down, as if i´d just cut the power.

This usually happens while playing Crysis, is my computer getting to hot?
I´m currently using WinXP, and it happens all the time, after about 20 minutes gaming. I used to run Windows Vista, and it happened only twice in 5 months. Anything I can do?

A:My laptop suddenly shuts itself down

My first question to you is this: do you notice any intense heat coming from the underside of the computer? Try playing the game in your lap, and feeling for heat (don't get yourself burned though!).

Also, what type of laptop do you have? (brand and model #)

In the past Sony Laptops were very known for overheating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-suddenly-shuts-itself-down.116640/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello, basically i have been able to play the sims 2 on this same computer since the week it came out, as i brought it then, yesterday however, i was cleaning up the computer by uninstalling certian things that were making the computer slow.
I do not think i uninstalled anything relevant to the graphics card but im guessing i could have unknowingly done so. Im getting the same error that alot of people have but still havent been able to fix it.
The error says that it failed to find any directX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in the system.
Helllllllllp pleaseee?

Also im using windows XP and my graphics card is fine as the Sims has been playing on it before alongside with various other games.
I have tried changing the hardware acceleration section but that was full anyway so i couldnt change it.
& i have downloaded directx9.0c but that didnt change anything.

Sophie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sims2-problem-with-directx-9-0-sims-was-working-fine-before-then-suddenly-stopped.125882/
Relevancy 25.8%

My HP celeron laptop, about 15 months old, is suddenly unable to start unless plugged into the mains.

When it is, it says the battery is 96% chared with 11 hrs of unfeasible battery life. Once then disconnected, it still runs, though not sure how long for.

Shut down, and the battery charging light blinks frequently,but the laptop won't start at all.

What do hyou think has happened? If the battery has gone I think this is poor for a HP machine and will try to get them/and/or the vendor to replce even though what was a 12m warranty has expired.

A:Laptop suddenly says charged but won't start on battery

battery very well could need replacement.

I still got my 5 year old toshiba and it still has the original battery!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-says-charged-but-wont-start-on-battery.124951/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone - I appreciate your helping in trying to resolve this I have a Dell connection for lost LAN/Internet suddenly sessions New Inspiron E running Windows XP SP that I ve had for two years I m running IE Explorer McAfee Security Center amp Wireless LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions security I have had NO issues with my hard-wired or wired internet connections prior until about six weeks ago I use my PC for both work usage MS Office SAP etc and personal usage My issue is a follows I can be connected to a wireless LAN connection and have multiple things up and running SAP Internet streaming music etc I will go to open a new session in IE and the new session will give the typical error message you see when you are not connected to the internet While I get this error my other sessions continue to run without issue e g SAP streaming LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions music etc If i try to refresh a page as an example though like the streaming music then that page stops working but my SAP system GUI connection will still operate without issue I have tried to disconnect my pc from the wireless connection and re-connect and it still doesn t work I occassionally get it to repair by hibernating my PC or putting into Standby mode but typically I have to reboot - then it works flawlessly again until it suddenly stops again If I step away from my PC for a while sometimes I come back and my whole internet connection isn t working I have only had this issue once on a wired LAN connection at the office - but i m typically connected wirelessly so that s when i ve seen it most I have installed Google Chrome in case it was an IE issue - but it appears to not be LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions IE specific I ve tried to restore IE - but that doesn t seem to have solved it either This happens on more than my wireless network though - so i m pretty convinced it s an issue with my PC and not my network or wireless router The issue is that I don t know if it s a hardware issue or a software registry etc issue I ve run McAfee checks CCleaner SpyBot etc - and they are all clean Any ideas on where to start Even pointing me in the right direction of what to do to see what is operating correctly or incorrectly when the issue starts would be very helpful Sorry for the long email - but it s a weird issue to describe and investigate Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:LAN/Internet connection suddenly lost for New sessions

Uninstall McAfee, run a registry cleaner and install Free AVAST or AVG and see if your connection troubles end

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-internet-connection-suddenly-lost-for-new-sessions.123685/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all,
I have a Toshiba Satellite A300-1EI laptop. My question is when I close the screen of the laptop, does the system stop working or is it that the screen simply goes off?
And if I have a task running like virus scan, copying files, or a download scheduler is running, are these tasks stopped or do they still go on even after just closing the screen?
Is this common with laptops of all brands?

thanks
saif

A:What does closing the screen actually do?

Hibernation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernate_(OS_feature)
Lots of excellent info there

But all processes (Virus scan; copying .. etc) will pause, until you open the lid again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-does-closing-the-screen-actually-do.123407/
Relevancy 25.37%

I apologize if this has been posted before I tried searching but couldn t find it About weeks ago my Dell Inspiron m running Windows XP Pro bit suddenly became unable to detect wireless networks in 600m detect Inspiron suddenly can't wireless networks Dell the area I have a standard integrated wireless card Intel PRO Wireless BG and all signs show that it is working properly only it won t detect wireless networks that are clearly available Also when I go into Wireless Network Connection Properties and hit quot Configure quot next to my wireless card I get a pop-up notification stating quot Adapter state not found in registry quot I don t remember seeing this message in the past but I can t really say when it started happening I have tried various networks in various locations it doesn t detect anything I have an updated driver w n sys amp Netw c dll I tried using system restore Dell Inspiron 600m suddenly can't detect wireless networks to roll back to before the problem began no luck Any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 600m suddenly can't detect wireless networks

Is the wireless card integraded or installed in a PCMCIA slot on the laptop? If it is part of the motherboard try using an add-on wireless adapter, and see if the detection improves

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-600m-suddenly-cant-detect-wireless-networks.117941/
Relevancy 26.23%

The last month, my PC suddenly started crashing a lot, but only when im playing games that require alot of power such as Rise of the Argonauts, LOTR conquest, WoW etc. Sometimes its just out to the desktop, but im getting BSOD more often. I've downloaded new drivers for my motherboard, video card and sound card, and direct x and it seemed to have had some impact because now i dont crash that often, but it still happens. I really need help with this!

I posted my computer specs on my profile so please take a look at help me out here!

A:PC suddenly started crashing in games

What kind of psu do you have pls? Also have you done member stability test?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-suddenly-started-crashing-in-games.120408/
Relevancy 26.23%

My computer has so many problems with audio but none as major as it is now I don t know much about how hardware works but I have Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB Everything worked fine when I first got the computer but everything just went downhill After a while of my speakers excluding my sub woofer which still works decided to stop working on me A while later my max volume decided to decrease so I have to have everything at on high Suddenly Disappeared Audio to hear well Yesterday I got on to notice that the speakers were Audio Suddenly Disappeared now putting out barely any sound at all I tested it with headphones and that too was putting out barely any volume I restarted my computer to see if it would fix it but now it just doesn t work at all the speakers or headphones Audio Suddenly Disappeared If i turn the volume up full I can hear the speakers that work producing static but not any sound Audio Suddenly Disappeared music Everything is just really screwed up and I m getting pissed at my computer I tried installing an updated driver from the Sound Blaster website but it said i didn t have the correct hardware installed for it to work even though I made sure to download the one for Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB I am in need of serious help nbsp

A:Audio Suddenly Disappeared

Is there some kind of audio software (equalizer, mixer, bass manager etc...) that came bundled with the motherboard? If so, try using that to restore sound, there may be a conflict between the software and the driver or the OS volume controls. Of course, the sure-fire way to fix this problem is to buy yourself a nice dedicated Sound Blaster adapter and disable the onboard sound altogether. Only do this if you have confirmed the speakers are dead, try them on another system or some other device with an audio jack. If they still work, then perhaps the onboard audio has been disabled in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-suddenly-disappeared.118165/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi,
I have a PC with windows XP home and a sagem 330 usb broadband modem. The internet was fine until one day I waited as the arrow went from red to yellow to green as usual, clicked connect and it eventually timed out. I unplugged the modem but it crashed to restart. This happened again when I restarted the computer-I disabled antivirus and firewall to check but to no avail.

I have bought a wireless ethernet modem to replace the usb one as it is more reliable supposedly but I would still like to sort this problem!

Any ideas?
Thanks!

A:Suddenly internet connection fails - modem unplug crashes PC

"I have bought a wireless ethernet modem to replace the usb one as it is more reliable supposedly but I would still like to sort this problem!"...

Have you tried using/installing this modem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-internet-connection-fails-modem-unplug-crashes-pc.116885/
Relevancy 25.8%

All right I m having a problem that has me stumped and I can t think of a cheap way to troubleshoot so here I shortly shuts after suddenly power-on off System am Now as you can tell from the title of this thread System shuts off suddenly shortly after power-on my computer powers off right after I turn it on Sometimes it will boot up Windows just fine only to have it turn off automatically after minutes or so but outta times the system won t even stay on for more than a second Naturally I thought it was System shuts off suddenly shortly after power-on a shoddy PSU System shuts off suddenly shortly after power-on so I swapped it out with a PSU from my other machine same problem Next I tried unplugging each of my drives HDs one by one maybe they were causing the prob somehow Nope Now I was able to get into my BIOs briefly before my last crash I checked my PC Health settings and everything checks out My fans are spinning properly and my CPU seems to be staying at a cool degrees C Now I have had a fan make some noise once in a while but not enough to get me worried No I don t know which fan When I power on all fans spin nicely then the system just shuts off usually before POST BAH On the rare occasions it lets me into Windows my logs show no problems not even an quot Unexpected Shutdown quot error Windows doesn t even try to check the disk for errors during boot you know like it normally does after an improper shutdown Ok here s my specs Gigabyte MB with a AMD CPU gig o RAM matching Kingston s Seagate gig SATA HD GForce FX video SB Audigy Platnium sound The system was assembled by me in Oct it hasn t given me any trouble until now I keep it dust free in and out no dust on the inside that I can see and I haven t made any hardware upgrades in months I m out of ideas nbsp

A:System shuts off suddenly shortly after power-on

the problematic component is highly likely to be the motherboard. don't worry, because you wiseley built your own and avioded buying an oem build. consequently, you should to be able to choose from a wide selection of replacement boards at competitive proces. good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-shuts-off-suddenly-shortly-after-power-on.26855/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have got this motherboard : Intel Desktop Board D860PERL,,,,,,I just tried to change the case for it, now it does not work.

I unplug all the cables (CD and HD ,,the FAN does not spin (some time just start to spin and then stops) . I removed the cmos battery does not fix the issue.

I tried another power supply same thing still going on.

I have got another motherboard it behaved same thing with both power supplies? I do not know if I did something wrong with cablings ?

For the CPU fan to work (testing) do we need to connect the cables to a front panel jumper,,,,,I do not thing so,,,,,but I did connect them

A:Intel motherboard suddenly stops

You probably do not have the proper power supply connection(s) to the motherboard. There is a power supply connection to a plug near the Intel CPU. This plug could have 4, 6, or 8 pins. Most common is a 6 pin. You have to be very careful to select the right power supply connection. Sometimes a 4 pin connector fits into a 6 pin plug...

And YES, you need to connect the front power switch to the proper motherboard pins to power up the computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-motherboard-suddenly-stops.111395/
Relevancy 26.23%

need help!!! computer suddenly shuts off when setting up windows xp

A:Help computer suddenly shuts down

Maybe you could have read this first.
Guide To Making A Good Post: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html

If your computer is suddenly Shutting Down then firstly
1. Run Memtest86 to test your RAM.
2. Download the Testing software off your HDD Manufacturers website.

Then post back once you've done this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-computer-suddenly-shuts-down.107767/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey all I m a newbie so please don t pounce on me for repeating a topic I have read through similar ones here and on other sites and have gained no help or direction Well here goes My problem is with a relatively old drive a gb seagate i suddenly undetected drive bios by Hard removed it when cleaning the case and when i reconnected it it could Hard drive suddenly undetected by bios not be detected The jumpers are correctly positioned and all cables are secure In my cleaning I simply ran a hair dryer through the board and wiped the housings for the drive I tested the system with a seagate gb and that is detected with no problems the gb isn t detected by the bios or as a slave to the gb There are no tell tale signs of a mechanical fault - no strange sounds or anything else out of the ordinary my issue isn t so much replacing the drive it is time a system upgrade after all as it is recovery of the past weeks of work that has not been backed up it would take me weeks to get through it again lol please help guys i forgot to add the drive is powering up normally also the system seems to take a long time to start up almost as if it were trying to detect the drive but alas still nothing nbsp

A:Hard drive suddenly undetected by bios

You first need to verify whether or not Windows detects anything (sometimes it sees something on the usb port but doesn't know what it is)

You need look in Device Manager to see if it lists any Unknown Devices. Be sure to expand the USB info in Device Manager when looking.

Don't know if you're running XP or other (what are you running?) but here's a link about Unknown Devices under XP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-suddenly-undetected-by-bios.107612/