Windows Support Forum

i have problems with bluetooth,,don,t work acer as...

Q: i have problems with bluetooth,,don,t work acer as...

i never used bluetooth,,,,installed driver,,,all ok, bluetooth icon it,s mising

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/i-have-problems-with-bluetooth-don-t-work-acer-aspire-7738G/td-p/443007/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: i have problems with bluetooth,,don,t work acer as...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 15.05%

To start off my laptop is an Asus G VW-AS The wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR WB-EG The issue I m having only starts when I play an online game It s not a specific one it happens with all my games After about a few matches I will begin to experience terrible lag spikes Ranging from - ms sometimes even going up to over Usually the spikes are permanent I will jump to around ping and hover in that general number with it occasionally sliding back down to my normal only to immediately spring back up again After this begins to happen any application I use that uses internet internet browser skype etc also lags is severely slowed down This lag is never experienced on any other system using our wireless internet which makes me believe it is in fact my laptop s wireless adapter that is the problem Doing a windows troubleshoot on the adapter DOES fix it but it only fixes it for about to minutes and then I begin to lag adapter network Problems with wireless again Also the troubleshooter seems to only be able to fix it once If I try to troubleshoot the adapter again after already fixing it before that way the troubleshooter will tell me that it couldn t find anything wrong Manually restarting the adapter only works once as well Restarting the computer does not help the problem If the laptop is shut down for a few hours and started back up the adapter will work properly as long as I do not start a game Could anyone help tell me how to stop this from happening Do I need to get a new adapter or is there something I can do for the current one nbsp

A:Problems with wireless network adapter

Are you sure it is not an issue with your router? Also I dont know where to get Atheros drivers other than from the manufacturer (vaio, lenovo, etc) website. There are no official drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter.188964/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello I am new to building the pcs so I am afraid I may have fried mine I really am pry I did not but this is what happened I finish tower Power will not work button My the pc and My tower Power button will not work when I turned on the power supply the power button on the motherboard glowed so then I pressed my tower button and nothing worked so then I re setup he F PANEL cords u know the pwr switch and all that jazz turns out it was set up wrong so I put them in right and tried to turn on the computer again the power button on the motherboard turns on but not my towers power button and so my pc will not officially turn on I am guessing and I am worried that I may have fryed my pc because when I took out the f panlle cords I realized my pc was still on and turned it off immanently and I am afraid that may have fryed the motherboard if anyone can help me it would be wonderful I am freaking out and have no Idea what the problem thank you for reading P S My tower button does not making a clicking sound when you push it I am not sure if that normal or it is broken or somthing it just doesnt make any click sounds nbsp

A:My tower Power button will not work

You could have a defective power switch on the PC case. Test this by using the reset switch as a temporary power switch. The power switch and the reset switch are the same for practical purposes except, of course, the size of the button (on most cases). If the reset switch works and is able to start the PC, then you know the power switch is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-tower-power-button-will-not-work.203422/
Relevancy 19.35%

I recently bought a Windows DVD to put it on the new PC I'm building for my mom. That PC has troubles with the DVD drive itself (stupid motherboard doesn't have IDE..), so I figured I'd set up a bootable USB to install Windows before the adapter arrives. Problem is, the installation DVD isn't playing on my drive (I tried another DVD with a movie on it before, so I don't think its my drive). I brought it to a PC shop and for them it worked fine, even though its quite scratched on the back (I guess the person selling those DVDs doesn't know how to ship them properly) I didn't wanna pay 20 bucks for them copying the DVD, even though I'll probably end up having to do that.

Any ideas what the problem is, or what I can do? I'm not sure if the DVD will work in my moms drive either..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-works-with-other-drives-but-not-mine-while-other-dvds-work.216661/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have an Aspire one NAV50 with Windows 7 starter.

One time, when I turned it on, The icon for wireless connection doesn't appear anymore. Every time I try troubleshoot it, it would just say that there is an ethernet cable unplugged. And so, I connected it into the ethernet cable and it works fine. But when I tried it again on the wireless connections, it doesn't locate to any wireless connection.

I've tried the ff on my laptop:

restart
update
scan the laptop with MalwareBytes
Fn+f2
by the way, last night, when I turned on again the laptop, the wireless connections can already be found. However, after few minutes, it went back to being unlocated again.

A:Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I had doubt the Starter supports the Wireless connecting but since you say " the wireless connections can already be found.", so probably it's possible.
In this case and at the moment the thing I'm thinking about is the driver. Try to update its driver for wireless connecting. (You've said the 'update', but update of what?).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-would-work-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless-connections.201158/
Relevancy 19.35%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 14.19%

AMD has released an updated statement regarding the noise issues experienced by the initial buyers of its Radeon R9 Fury X graphics cards.

Read more

A:AMD issues updated statement regarding Radeon R9 Fury X noise problems

Are they saying "screams like a banshee until we smothered it in glue"? Does anyone have a more engineered approach to the issue - like decibels at a specific distance?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-issues-updated-statement-regarding-radeon-r9-fury-x-noise-problems.216306/
Relevancy 22.79%

Acer has added a new monitor to their gaming-focused lineup, the amazing looking XR341CK. This 34-inch 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440 pixels @ 75Hz) IPS monitor comes with a curved display in a zero frame design, which Acer says...

Read more

A:Acer reveals 34-inch curved QHD FreeSync and G-Sync monitors

This type of monitor is the best way to channel the power of your GTX 980 Ti, which inherited its anti-aliasing power from the many generations before it, as opposed to having it choke on the 4K pixel-mania in chase for almost the same effect, at the expense of the dropped FPS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-reveals-34-inch-curved-qhd-freesync-and-g-sync-monitors.215946/
Relevancy 15.05%

It's been a while since I've posted but I've obtained most of the Sims 2 and I TRIED to install Double Deluxe but for some reason my dvd drive isn't recognizing the disc. It spins up and tries to read it, but doesn't do much in the line of effort to read it.
There are no scratches and I took care of the smudges with a cloth. Still unable to read the install disc. It'll read the promo/bonus disc and play it just fine though.
The computer is a Windows 7 with an HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT60N Drive.
I have enough RAM, Graphics and other things to run it.
300 Gigs of Space left on the HDD. No idea what's going on here.

A:Sims 2 Double Deluxe problems

You might have a bad optical drive. Does it work with other DVDs (DVDs not CDs)? Do you have access to another DVD drive with which to substitute for testing purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sims-2-double-deluxe-problems.216270/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey guys... I just got a new EVGA GTX650 ti boost superclocked. I just put it in and I was not getting any signal to my monitor. I tried VGA, HDMI and DVI. Nothing worked and when I took it out to try booting with my integrated graphics, I didn't get any signal to my monitor. All of my connections and wires are connected properly, my power supply is the right voltage and has enough power to support my graphics card. My hard drives are spinning but I cant access my BIOS. I have tried everything that is common. I know my graphics card is not defective and im thinking that it might be my motherboard. Any suggestions?

A:My integrated graphics won't work

You were using integrated graphics before the discrete card? It's strange that your onboard isn't working if it was before hand. Usually it's just a overlooked cable or something plugged in the wrong place. Did you make any changes to BIOS? Some boards require you to change the primary display adapter to PCIE or onboard. Maybe a BIOS reset will help the situation. I doubt there is any issues with the MOBO itself. I suggest stripping the build down to nothing but the bear essential components for operation. This way you can isolate the issue a lot easier.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-integrated-graphics-wont-work.194322/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a linksys router that has stock firmware and I can get into the config by 192.168 etc but I can't get it to see the internet. I have a isp that gives dhcp ip so no login needed. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wrt-54g-linksys-router.215894/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello I have a tower just recently bought all the parts from newegg and was building the tower for the last days I had everything put in as it should be and initially it stayed on but no image was portraying problems up boot Building computer on the monitor A friend explained I was using the wrong port to portray image as it should be through the video card I should be connecting it but after troubleshooting the problem Building computer boot up problems initially I removed RAM and put it back in but computer now turns on for a second then right off I hear and see the fans running the dvd drive spinning and the lights go on but then it shuts right off after another - seconds it turns on again and then after another second turns right back off in an endless cycle until I turn it off completely and unplug it Not sure what the next steps are or if I should return the moba for an exchange After reading a lot of forums I noticed that it could be the RAM was improperly placed so I tried many times to take it out and put it back in but same problem keeps occurring I hear no beeps and only hear a click from the power supply when it goes on I tried the psu tester on the power supply and it tells me it should be working fine Any one have any idea moba ASRock Z M Pro Micro ATX Intel Motherboard ram CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C B power EVGA -G - -XR W Power Supply case Thermaltake Level Series Level GT VN W N Black Computer Case processor Intel Core i - K GHz LGA BX I K Desktop Processor video card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti G-P - -KR FTW w ACX Cooling Video Card Please someone help and thanks to all nbsp

A:Building computer boot up problems

Okay, I've had the same issue with a new build: Put it all together, switch on the power and basically nothing. Do the following tried and true diagnostic steps that can be tedious but costs nothing to do and can often zero in on your issue:

1. Uninstall everything from your motherboard and disconnect all peripherals from your power supply except psu to motherboard, cpu, and one stick of RAM. Now turn it on. If it boots up and stays booted then shut it down and then...

2. Add your second stick of memory -- nothing else. Repeat by booting up and if it stays booted up then...

3. Start adding one piece of hardware at a time and repeat as directed.

What are your findings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-computer-boot-up-problems.215853/
Relevancy 26.23%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, itīs not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 19.78%

I am considering purchasing a MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970 for my new computer build, and heard from somewhere that it is not compatable with windows 7? Is this true?

A:Will my mobo work?

Where did you hear that? It will run Windows 7 just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-mobo-work.214529/
Relevancy 14.62%

Basically I think it s Laptop Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 Problems; been happening for a month now My laptop screen glitches - the images distorting and sometimes green text appearing - Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 before Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 righting itself and crashing The only way I can get the Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 laptop to function again is to turn it off via the power button or take the battery out and put it back it again It has also become slow starting up - taking at least five minutes before you can log in and then a further five before you can actually do anything The cursor sometimes gets stuck in the center of the screen - I can access things using the tab screen but the cursor won t move whether I use the laptop touchpad or my USB mouse The fan has also been sporadically speeding up before calming down again - even though I ve been doing the same thing for the past god knows when I ve done a boot-up scan using avast had a look through all of my files and gotten rid of any old files that I don t need on there in an attempt to create some space but I ve got about - gb free so I can t see why that should be a problem Nothing happens before the glitches crashes so I don t think I m causing it by moving it and so on About a month ago the charger port was fixed at a laptop repair shop and then the laptop itself was sent off to SAMSUNG to have the motherboard replaced because I mistakenly wiped the bios since one driver update shut the laptop off in the middle of the bios update so I don t know if something is loose and so on I m planning on selling it in a month or two so it s not that much of a problem but of course I don t want to sell it to someone if its being a pain in the backside I also switched from integrated graphics to a nvidia geforce graphics card that is in the laptop when I bought it so that might be why Basic Info Samsung Ultrabook Series Intel Core i GB Ram TB Hardrive bit Operating System NVIDIA Geforce GT M nbsp

A:Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5

This sort of problem is tough to troubleshoot over the internet. It could be quite a few things that could cause the symptoms that you're experiencing. With that said, I'd probably start with updating the discrete GPU drivers. Since you did switch from integrated to discrete, this could be the main cause for the graphic glitches which is probably crashing the system.

Moving forward, I think you should download something like CPU-Z to monitor the CPU load and temperatures during the crashes. It could be that your CPU is overheating and could use some attention.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-problems-samsung-ultrabook-series-5.213703/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a keyboard that has been working fine last night then this morning this happened:

When I type o it types o+ and when I type l it types l and enter (the key)
So this makes it extremely hard to get anything done, please help, thanks

A:Keyboard problems

How old is the keyboard? Sometimes "gunk" gets built up under the keys and can cause the keyboard to start failing. Have you tries to remove the keys (or take the keyboard apart) and properly clean it? There are plenty of tutorials (video and non-video) available if you are unsure of how to clean a keyboard.
Regular cleaning on all computer parts will extend the life of those parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problems.213578/
Relevancy 23.65%

My dvd rom is not working wont take cd and makes a noise, will it be worth replacing it or should I just get an external dvd/ cd

A:DVD/CD for an Acer Aspire Z5600

I also have a Dell Inspiration 4700 that the on and off switch went bad. It has power therefore I dont think has to do with the power supply. I need some answers please on this two postings. Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-for-an-acer-aspire-z5600.213105/
Relevancy 19.35%

As I don't go menu and Monitor's won't buttons the work away am writing this I have this blue square on the screen with all the settings for this monitor Whichever button I press on the monitor the menu won t go away Not even the power button works so that means I can Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work t disable Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work the monitor Unplugging and plugging it back in doesn t work as soon as the picture appears the menu appears Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work as well Let me give you a bit of a history as it might help determine the cause About a month ago my old monitor monitor started behaving weird It started turning itself off every now and again Sometimes few times a minute Every time it turns off it turns back on with the splash screen saying quot BENQ quot and everything I had no idea why it does that I tried pressing the buttons on it to go into the menu but every button seemed to shut it off and every button seemed to turn it on So I gave it to a family friend to try and fix it He said that the quot control board quot started dying and that he doesn t have a spare one or something like that He then gave me a spare monitor of his monitor until I can buy a new one or fix monitor So I took monitor from him and sent monitor to the shop so they can try and fix it About a week passes and the shop calls and says that they fixed monitor I go and pick it up and when I came home I unplug monitor and plug in monitor monitor was working perfectly then Monitor worked for about minutes and started shutting down again And when I tried using the buttons they wouldn t work again Same thing as last time So I return it to the shop and tell them that it doesn t work That was about a week and a half ago They still didn t fix it The problem is now the monitor also started having problems It doesn t turn off yet but the menu buttons don t work Power button doesn t work Nothing And on top of that the menu won t disappear from the screen As I am typing this there s a menu on top of everything Every now and again the menu will switch to a different option like quot brightness quot quot auto adjustment quot and such like the buttons are being pressed Now I am wondering could it be that my PC is quot breaking quot these monitors Is there a way for a PC to physically damage a monitor What should I do in that case Also I should say that ever since monitor died and after I installed monitor my PC has been getting blue screens of death It hasn t happened once in years since I got this PC and it started after I got monitor I don t know if that s something that s important but there it is If you need more info please let me know I am trying to figure out what is happening and every bit of help is appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work

No one has any relevant information?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitors-menu-wont-go-away-and-the-buttons-dont-work.212651/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a Acer Aspire X3400 And I would really likle to upgrade it to 3.0 or 4.0, I also want to raise the FPS from 12 ( ikr, it's crap ) to a standard gaming pc

Please tell me

1. Motherboard size
2. What parts you would advise me to get
3. Where can I find some that will fit

thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-x3400-upgrade.212670/
Relevancy 15.05%

For about the past month or so, my W7 tower on DSL occasionally loses its connection to the internet so I right click the the icon in the notification area & click trouble shoot & it reconnects yet my iPhone & Ipad remain online no problem.
Why?

A:Intermittent DSL connection problems

Clearly the router is doing find and the activity on W7 IS THE ISSUE.
Examine carefully what was active when the connection was lost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-dsl-connection-problems.207951/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 23.22%

hi.
My acer battery was getting bad and my computer suggested I change it. Now with my charger plugged in(with or without battery) my laptop will power down after 15-20mins. I have ordered a new battery and will try it but I would have thought my laptop should run fine without one plugged in? Any idea the cause of this? My laptop would run for several hours on safe mode but even now safe mode is being powered down

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5334-powering-off.211242/
Relevancy 18.92%

Neither my keyboard or mouse are working on any of the 7 USB ports on my computer. My mouse was initially working, but I read somewhere if you delete the keyboard drivers you can reinstall them and it will work again. BUT when I was doing that I stupidly uninstalled my mouse driver so now NOTHING works. I can't try if it works in safe mode because my keyboard doesn't respond when I hit f12 during boot up.

When I plug in the mouse or keyboard, I get a window that pops up asking if I want to install the hardware, but it's impossible for me to do anything because my mouse and keyboard don't work! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

A:My Dell Demension e510's (Window's XP) keyboard and mouse don't work

First I would try to find a different working keyboard because you should at less be able to boot into safe mode because the drivers don't even load until windows start loading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-demension-e510s-windows-xp-keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work.211116/
Relevancy 23.65%

HI,

I am looking to upgrade the GPU on this PC but I am unsure if the PSU will be able to support it. I am not looking to install a high end GPU only a low end card such as ASUS 2 GB AMD Radeon R7 240-2GD3-L PCIe. I am aware that the PSU has a max of 220w but I am unsure of the current load. Based on the basic system with no current upgrades are you able to advise me on this?

Basic specs are:

Windows 7 64 Bit
Intel Core i3 2120
6GB Ram
Intel HD Integrated Graphics
2 HD (1 SATA 1GB)
1 Optical Drive
Realtek HD Audio

If necessary I am able to disconnect 1 HD and the optical drive as they are not necessary, also to disable the onboard graphics if possible if this will help.

A:GPU Upgrade Acer X3995?

Here is a related topic

http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/x3995-Video-card-upgrade/td-p/199945

edit:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2053938

Indeed, I thought initially that it was a EFI problem but the problem is simply a graphic driver issue with the graphic card GeForce 605.Click to expand...

I'm not positive a card can work in your machine and can not give suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-upgrade-acer-x3995.210979/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a Dell Optiplex 330 which has a 2.0 dual processor with 4gb of ddr2 ram. I have windows xp installed and I have a video card that has 1024 mb of ram. I am unsure of the brand of video card or further specs. I bought it off of ebay some time ago.

My problem is that when I try to play streaming video it wants to freeze a lot. I have already given more space for the virtual memory on my computer: I think 4 to 8 gb and I have set my hardware acceleration way down but these changes haven't helped.

I can download and play movies fine, I only seem to have problems when playing streaming video like from hulu.com or letmewatchthis.com which directs you to sites like: putlocker, deditv, sockshare, loomba, etc. I have used other computers and they don't seem to have as much problems with this so I hope that somebody knows what I need to do to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Freezing problems with streaming video

When you say freezing, do you mean just the video freezes, or the whole system? If its just the video, it could have something to do with your internet connection. Is the computer on wired internet or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-problems-with-streaming-video.164671/
Relevancy 27.09%

Have a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones and trying to get them hooked up to the sound of my older TV. Is there some kind of adapter you can buy to to hook up to the audio out of the TV so I can connect the 2 via Bluetooth? I just don't wanna pay for another pair of headphones. I just want the reciever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-adapter.210034/
Relevancy 22.79%

Acer announced two new gaming-grade 27-inch monitors at the Consumer Electronics Show last month. The XB270HU garnered the most media attention thanks to its IPS panel and Nvidia G-Sync technology. What Acer neglected to mention at the time, however, was...

Read more

A:Acer's 27-inch XG270HU display will ship with FreeSync support

Those bezels are awesome! I wonder how much it'll go for though...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acers-27-inch-xg270hu-display-will-ship-with-freesync-support.208917/
Relevancy 18.49%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey!
I have an Acer that spontaneously decided I no longer needed to play games. Everything else works perfectly fine. It's been doing this for the past few weeks and I've done all that I can. I'm no tech wizard by any means and I need some help. Pretty much it'll open to the load screen for a few moments then disappear back to my home screen. Any ideas on what it could be and what I can do?

These are the specs:
Acer Aspire V5 Touch with Windows 8.1
Aspire V5-V561PG-9683
Model number: Z5WV2

If you need more info let me know, I still have everything for it.

A:Acer Aspire issues; Games no longer work

If you are talking about the games that are loaded by a app. You will need to uninstall the app. Then reinstall the app. I have no ideal why this happens . But I have seen it more then once.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-issues-games-no-longer-work.208471/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello all...I'm having problems with my Dell PC. I just purchased a sweet new scanner (ScanSnap SV600) and when I scan a lot of pages at once, I get an error message saying I'm out of storage and to restart the computer. The specific code given is 0x8007000E. I've also been noticing when I run a few web tabs at once, sometimes they just go black and I need to restart the browser. It has 8GB of RAM and all the drivers are updated. Anything I'm missing? Thank you kindly!

Dell Optiplex 790
[email protected]
8GB RAM
Win 7 Pro

A:Memory Problems?

How much storage space do you have? From what I could research this error is tied to programs demanding a great deal of memory. You say this occurs when trying to scan a lot of pages at once. Does this occur when scanning less material at once? Have you tried updating your drivers for the scanner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-problems.208487/
Relevancy 24.08%

If your Acer M does not start up Don t fret I found a simple solution With the computer turned off Remove side panel Reach M460 Acer inside and hold Acer M460 exhaust fan so it can not move While holding fan Push the on button on the front panel Listen for the quot beep quot sound After you hear the quot Beep quot release the fan The fan will start up after a second or two P S Do not let fan move until you hear the quot beep quot first Many suites on the web say it is the quot capacitors quot NOT TRUE I had this year for over a year When I turned off my Acer M Sometimes it would not start up I got so and I cut the wires inside the computer Purchased another used M it did the same thing Figuring I needed new caps I purchased a set of the two biggest caps Then I needed a soldering gun Then I needed to desolder the caps already on the board Then I purchased a rework station So far I have only used the air gun Starting yesterday This procedure works for me It will work for you as well nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-m460.207931/
Relevancy 19.35%

Can I run 1600mhz ram on a mb which is supported 1333mhz (my config MSI-760gm P21-FX 1gb asus amd radeon 5450 gfx card And 4gb rm of 600mhz.

A:Can 1600mhz ddr3 ram will work on mb which is supported at 1333mhz?

1600 MHz RAM should down-clock to 1333MHz just fine, but I will not make guaranties. It usually works perfect, but there is always the possibility of incompatibilities.

The GPU memory and frequency is independent and irrelevant for this topic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-1600mhz-ddr3-ram-will-work-on-mb-which-is-supported-at-1333mhz.207921/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have done everything I can think of. I have windows 7 64 bit. I have disabled/re-enabled sound cards, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers. I have checked all settings I possibly can think of. My head phones work GREAT and on startup I can hear the sound, but once in windows, no sounds through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-hear-windows-startup-but-after-that-nothing-headphones-work-though.207890/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

I installed win 7 x86 on a sony vaio vpceb36fg. Everything seems OK but the Fn keys. The combination of Fn+related keys work only for sound volume and screen lock button and not for others!

How to get all Fn keys worked please?
Is it needed to install any tool/utility?

A:Fn keys don't work

Your laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit so I'm curious as to why you decided to install a 32 bit version.

Laptops, particularly Vaios, have specific functions assigned to keys. On yours you were previously able to surf the web and play DVDs without booting up into Windows. To regain all that you've lost will take quite a bit of work. The utilities you need will be on a Sony support site. However, sometimes things have to be installed in a particular order before they work. It took me a long time Googling, downloading utilities and experimenting to get everything working when I reinstalled the OS on my Vaio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-keys-dont-work.207842/
Relevancy 19.78%

Before I say anything else, I am very new to building a computer. Ive never built one in my life. I am curious if the setup I have to far will work! I am trying to look for pretty cheap but good options for parts. So far I have a case, processor, and GPU in mind. I need ideas for the motherboard especially. I dont know how to tell if everything would work correctly, so if something would be incompatible, could you tell me?

So far I have

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Case: NZXT Phantom 240 Mid Tower
Ram:
Motherboard:
Hard-Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
Power Supply:
DVD Drive:
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor:

Would there be anything else I need? Also what is thermal compound and Heatsink? Are these required for my setup? Please tell me if there is anything wrong with this so far and what items I should use for the unfilled spaces! Thank you all so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-setup-work.207722/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a mystery on my hands. I received a Bluetooth speaker as a gift. The BT-4.0 adapter plugged into my computer (USB-2.0 port) detects it (as a "Bluetooth headset"), but when I try to select it as my output device (from the "Sound" Control Panel), Windows reports it as "Disconnected".

If I open "Devices and Printers" and right-click the "Bluetooth headset" icon, I get an alert that the device "Failed to initialize".

I've tried rebooting, tried a different BT adapter, updated my BT drivers off the makers' website, Device Manager shows everything is connected & working (including "Bluetooth Audio").

64bit Win7 Home. Inateck BT-4.0 usb adapter. Speaker is a "MicroBoom" BT v2.1:
Any ideas?

PS: Eliminated the obvious. Speaker is fully charged and works just fine with my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-headphones-paired-but-disconnected-failed-to-initialize.207624/
Relevancy 23.22%

1 4gb samsung pc3-12800 1.35 v
1 4gb nanya pc3-10600 1.5 v

The timings are listed different on the stick.
HWInfo reports that at 666.7 both are 9-9-9-24
Crucial will sell me all 1.35 v memory as upgrades and the 4830T-6678 Timeline X came with the [email protected]
The laptop boots and runs with both sticks installed

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

A:Mixing memory in Acer Aspire laptop

Is the laptop reporting 8GB of memory installed? If it is, you should be okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mixing-memory-in-acer-aspire-laptop.207496/
Relevancy 26.66%

Quick question.

I have two cheepo USB Bluetooth adapters for my Windows 7 PC. One is a tiny generic (thumbnail sized) micro adapter, the other a small "stick" made by Rocketfish.

Both adapters install and "claim" to detect my Bluetooth speaker (misidentifying it as a Bluetooth headset. I have no headset), but the speaker doesn't detect the PC (even when clicking the Discover button.) My cellphone sees my speaker, but it too DOESN'T see my PC.

Are all Bluetooth adapters the same and if my cheap adapters won't pair with anything, neither will an expensive one? Or might there be something else going on?

Thx.

A:Difference in Bluetooth adapters?

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager when either of the Bluetooth devices are installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-in-bluetooth-adapters.207449/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello Yesterday I got a virus on an Acer Extensa laptop Said virus was turning on a fake antivirus whenever I opened a file which wanted me to pay a price for a quot cleanup quot I wasn t able to Acer Extensa 5235 booting problem turn anything on Luckily I managed to turn it off through msconfig and delete the virus files Right now however the laptop won t even turn on The Acer Extensa 5235 problem booting quot Acer quot screen goes on the flickers a few times in the upper left corner and the laptop resets I won t even get to a safe mode The notebook had minimal differences from the factory preset had Win Acer Extensa 5235 problem booting and worked until yesterday I have a OEM Win XP home CD at my disposal at the moment I have already tried Booting through BartPe and an iso image of Windows XP on an USB flashdisk To no avail I get to the BartPe layout but the BartPe file explorer shows no disks available Boot through the disk itself At first it didn t load with the error quot STOP X B xf d Xc X X quot which I was able to circumvent by transferring from a SCSI mode to IDE mode in BIOS When I installed Win XP however I had an error concerning a few uncopiable files described for example here - http forums penny-arcade com discussion cant-install-xp-from-any-disk-to-any-disk I skipped everything and the PC now resides in a quot minimal quot Win Xp preset With the former Win configuration of course absent I think I d be able to fix this if I found the MSCONFIG settings for the Windows I used before and which I mistakenly modified I probably turned off something that now blocks the system from starting Is it possible to do so through the new Windows Xp installation The former Win folder is untouched Win Xp runs from another folder Thank you very much for all help nbsp

A:Acer Extensa 5235 problem booting

I had to look up BartPE to see what it was but I think it's unlikely to save the day in your situation.

Assuming that your priority is to get Windows 7 back I'd first check that you have the Microsoft authorisation code for your copy. If it was pre-installed on the laptop there will be a hidden restore partition and you could try holding down the Alt key while tapping F10 to access it. Failing that option I'd download a Windows 7 SP1 ISO, burn it to disc, reinstall the OS and hope that there are no serious driver problems. Both options mean that everything you have installed and saved will be lost unless you have already made backups.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-extensa-5235-problem-booting.207441/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a toshiba laptop right at a year of having it, it will not allow me to get internet connection even though it shows its getting wifi or set up through the router.. Is this a virus or other issue

A:Toshiba Internet won't work

Moving this topic to appropriate forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-internet-wont-work.207422/
Relevancy 14.62%

See picture below. Any ideas? Ive cleaned the rollers, and the main charger, and pretty much anything else I can find in the copier. Havent replaced the toner cartridge though. Originally there was toner all over the place and the dotted line was a solid black line. Performing the aforementioned maintenance items got rid of the thick black line but now this remains.

Any help is appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-km3530-copier-copy-problems.207362/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all I have to the WLAN work as rather Router on from a WiFi LAN a a typical situation in my Internet and LAN setup My ISP provides me with a direct LAN cable that I need to connect either into my PC or into the WiFi Router WLAN port I also have a LAN that I need to connect to so I have installed a separate LAN card for the internal LAN purposes My two setups are below with their issues I hope someone can suggest a middle grounds to have a LAN and a WiFi too Scenario The ISP cable goes into the WLAN port of the Router Cables from the router goes into my PC network card and to other PCs for LAN purposes The PC cards are all configured to automatic IP LAN Internet WiFi is now available This works fine for a few days and then the internet stops working because there is a conflict of IP The ISP expects IPs like xxx and the one on the LAN Router for my PC is Scenario Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN The ISP cable goes into network card internet sharing is enabled Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN and automatic IP with the ISP s expected IP xxx Another cable goes from my PC s network card fixed IP into the regular LAN port of the same Router Without any issues over the months the Internet works the LAN works other PCs have fixed IPs too etc but no Wifi Can I have best of both the worlds in such a situation I can t install a rd network card for sure as the slot on the mother board is limited Please advise Thanks in advance Bhavbhuti nbsp

A:Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Code:

Scenario-1
isp==>(wan)router-->PC card-1, et al (conflict 123.237,234.xxx v 192.168.1.100)

Scenario-2
ISP===->pc card-1
pc card-2==>router
scenario-1 is a configuration or firmware condition
scenario-2 is a real security issue and the primary PC is basically acting as a DMZ server and is at risk.
Here's my setup:
Code:

isp==(wan)router-1--- PCs in the same room
|
+---(lan)router-2(with wifi) - - - wifi connections in the den

configuration to make this work with full file/print sharing:
router-2:

disable DHCP in this router
setup all WiFi settings here
notice: router-2 wan slot is left empty to make this work
Router-1:

set LAN address of router one as you please (eg: 192.168.1.1 )

set an address reservation for router-2's MAC -> a fixed, constant IP address on that same subnet (eg 192.168.1.254)
set the DHCP range small (eg 2-32)
router-1 will control all auto-ip assignments for both routers.

Personally, I add another tweak;

reserve ip addresses for all of my devices into the low-end of the dhcp range (say 2-10) and
let 'guests' take addresses above 10
This gives the opportunity to allow file/print sharing to known systems (2-10) and disallow for the guests.

Setup totally within the routers allow my laptop to travel and not be effected by these choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-to-work-as-a-wifi-on-the-lan-rather-from-a-wlan.207258/
Relevancy 19.35%

Well I am accessing my remote router via and it works access work via phone, Remote PC doesnt via ok when I am using my Phone s Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC browser chrome or IE on Samsung however when I am at computer at work I cant access my router I ran Tracert and I am getting up to hoops and th says quot Request timed out quot lt ms lt ms ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC ms ms ms border ge - unitedair- chg pnap net ms ms ms core te - -bbnet chg pnap net ms ms ms ae - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms xe- - - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms c-eth- - - -pe ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms he- - - - -cr ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms ms ms ms te- - - - -sur mortongrove il chicago com net ms ms ms te- - -cdn mortongrove il chicago comcas t Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete Anyone would know why it works on the phone and doesnt really go through all the way to the end nbsp

A:Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC

Ok I have to ask first when you are using your phone is it always using mobile data or do you connect it at work via wifi? When reason that makes sense to me is at your work they maybe blocking the remote port. I guess it all depends on what you are using also. If you are just using standard RDP then they might be blocking port 3389. If you could give further information on how you are connecting remotely whether using software such as teamviewer or just standard RDP. Also how do you have your router configured. I can better understand witht is information thanks....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-access-ok-via-phone-doesnt-work-via-pc.206550/
Relevancy 23.22%

My Acer Aspire shuts down loses power - seconds after powering on It started when I was playing a Acer laptop after seconds down shuts video game and the laptop suddenly shut down I thought it was overheating so I let it cool down About an hour later I Acer laptop shuts down after seconds turned it on and it boot normally but min later the laptop shut down again Next time I tried it turned off minutes then seconds later In those s after pressing the power button no errors or beeps occur just the Acer logo screen I even get past Acer logo sometimes or go to Bios password prompt if i press F just before laptop powers off Acer laptop shuts down after seconds This all happened in the course of a few hours laptop was working fine beforehand no overheating think so cause games lagged when laptop was overheating previously If I turn it on again just after it powered off the laptop shuts down in seconds as opposed to seconds if i leave it alone for a while Also according to task manager CPU and RAM usage is normal when shut down happens Tried Cleaning out the fan and the heat sink wasn t that much dust Fan works Applying new silver thermal grease to CPU and GPU after removing the old one Powering on with only one RAM stick then only the other black screen when I take out both Powering on without Wifi card Powering on without the battery only on AC power Then only with the battery in Powering on without Hard Drive Powering on while putting pressure to the middle of the keyboard read that this might pop the CMOS battery to it s slot if that s the problem Pressing the power button for min There are a lot of people with Acer Aspire who have powering on and off in endless loop problem Supposedly GPU reflow helps I don t think my problem is the same though because my laptop shuts down and doesn t restart Also my screen is working This is the only computer I have Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Acer laptop shuts down after seconds

Sounds bad.

Are you able to run Memtest for any length of period? Search for YUMI Multiboot. Download that, install it to a spare USB stick. Download memtest from yumi program. Boot off of stick and run memtest.

If not get a new motherboard/cpu off ebay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-shuts-down-after-seconds.172489/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

I pair my Plantronics Calisto PLT Headset to my Desktop Computer (Windows 7 x64), and it showed that everything is OK, but when I tried to use it, it didn't work.
When I press icon of sound on the taskbar and I go to Playback or Recording there is there Bluetooth Hands-free Audio but is Disconnected, and I don't have any idea how to connect this and make to work.
Can someone help me to solve this problem? I will really appreciate any help.

P.S.
I did everything like supposed to be. I attached few images to show my situation.

A:Bluetooth Problem

Hi,
Yesterday I bought USB BT400 Adapter.
I started everything from beginning and there is exactly the same situation. Nothing changed. If you look to the picture, everything is pair and installed and when I ask them, they said that was something wrong with Windows configuration (not 100%).
Point is that they didn't have any clue what is wrong.
P.S.
I didn't mention that before when I installed USB Bluetooth Adapter, and I pair my device in the Playback and Recording devices when I tried to connect it worked for very short time and after this somehow disconnected by itself.
I don't know if I explain well what's happened, but if you want to ask something to make clear, please don't hesitate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-problem.206560/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey guys

I have a problem with my laptop.
Sometimes the space bar, n and enter key stops working. When this happens, I can usually hit the button a few times and the key finally registers. It happens randomly and quite often. But sometimes I can type for hours without it happening.

I have not spilled any liquid on my laptop and I haven't dropped it. The problem started randomly a few months ago.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

The laptop is an Asus K55V. It is nearly 3 years old

- Fred

A:Laptop keys sometimes don't work

Hey Fred,
Not sure if this might work that well, but give it a try! If it doesn't..go to a technician...its probably the best idea.

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-sometimes-dont-work.205954/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,
I seem to have quite an annoying problem with my new 256gb razerbalde. Whenever I launch a game I get a black screen the sound still works but no response from the screen, I have to put it to sleep and back on again and it works even though sometimes I need to do it 10 times or so. I have updated to all the newest drivers and tried a secondary display through hdmi it gives me the following error message: failed to initialize renderer. Unknow error creating the renderer. I only tried launching skyrim so far. The error seems to happen sometimes but not often when I will start the laptop and the screen will be the same. It's more of a black/greyish color and you notice that it is on.
Any help will be of great use. If the post already exists I am sorry and would be happy to get the link.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razerblade-problems.206284/
Relevancy 15.05%

I'm having trouble staying on line with telstra connection my internet keeps freezing and dropping in and out I have had trouble with my home line phone and have a bullion modem which this isn't the problem, the problem I believe lays with telstra as I've checked with my server and with downloads and updated my PC so what can I do next.
Thanks
June

A:Having problems with connection dropping in and out

June Lomas said:

what can I do next.Click to expand...

Call Telestra

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-connection-dropping-in-and-out.206048/
Relevancy 15.48%

I have been having quite a few issues with the motherboard I have from ASRock. It is the Z87 Extreme4. My issue is the usb 3.0 No matter what I plug in it says this device can perform faster than this blah blah blah. Anyway, that should not be happening as I am plugging in usb 3.0 devices. What is going on? The other problem is that my front ports that are from the mobod header will no longer recognize any of my external 2.5 hdd. 1 on the back also says this so I am limited to just 3 ports on the back that I can plug into with my external hdd and they are very important to what I do. Is anyone familiar with this? Is this only on this board or a common thing among ASRock? I have other computers and the usb 3.0 works just great.

A:USB 3.0 Problems

Have u Installed the drivers? I do not know any thing about ASRock but lots of USB3 have to have the drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-3-0-problems.205957/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have been experiencing some serious FPS problems with my Laptop recently. I Used to run games at somewhere from 60-120 FPS, but now its dropped down to 5-14 FPS. It happened recently. A couple days ago on Saturday Oct 4rth, I was playing Team Fortress 2 on Steam. I shut off my computer to go to sleep for the night and when I turned on my computer the FPS problem started almost immediately after I turned on the PC. Its not just Team Fortress 2 either, Its happening to all of my other games also. I am not sure on what to do and the only though that comes to my mind when I wonder what the problem could be is a virus. (I have virus protection Webroot but I'm not sure if it works to well.) I might have to Factory Reset my computer, but I want to try different solutions before I Factory Reset. Any Ideas?

My Laptop Info: http://gyazo.com/f1acf76e4e8e9febcec1e6e62991b297

/

A:FPS Gaming Problems

Back up your important data and do the Factory Reset. Apply all the Windows Updates, and then try your games. Webroot is not an antivirus program. Try installing MSE:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-gaming-problems.205822/
Relevancy 19.35%

What the title says. I bought a TP-Link WDR4300 and installed it, and everything works perfectly on every device except for my laptop (Windows 8.1 Lenovo G480, running Windows Defender as AV). When connecting wirelessly, I get access to the router, but it shows "limited", and it doesn't even let me get into the setup page (192.168.0.1) and when I ping it, every packet is lost. Ethernet, meanwhile, works perfectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I'd like to attach the ipconfig outputs but my command prompt is in spanish and some of the characters are missing in the .txt file, too. I don't know how to get the file in english.

@jobeard I saw one thread you solved in which you said to mention you so you could help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks beforehand for any and all suggestions.

A:WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Hi, You will always have to use the ethernet (Cat 5) cable to get into your router's software, at 192.168.0.1, all routers are set up like that for security reasons.
It's done that way so that no one can change your settings, passwords etc using a wireless connection, you must use the Cat 5 cable to make setup & security changes.
Did you get any setup software with the TP Link router?
If you get good internet access using Windows 8.1 using the ethernet cable, it
might point to possible wireless driver issues.
It might be worth downloading the latest driver for your WDR4300 from the TP-link website;
http://www.tp-link.es/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does.205530/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 19.35%

My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

A:Internet wont work on laptop

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.204944/
Relevancy 19.78%

I got a hp 6371it

link --> (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02054227&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/it_i...

I have this problem: I bought a kingston Dimm ValueRam 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Non-ECC CL9 (it is compatible with my mb according to hp website). I installed it on my pc and:
1) if I install just that ram it works fine
2) if I install that ram I bought and one ore both ram I had already installed in my pc it doens't work or it blocks on hp main screen or it appears the classic blue screen of hardware error and it never enter on windows (it asks for a system reinstallation)
what is the problem? should I do something else? I tried mounting rams in different slots, I tried everything

please help!!

A:Compatible ram don't work

Sound as though the ram you bought is not compatible with the existing ram. Is the ram you bought the same specs as the old ram?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-dont-work.205230/
Relevancy 15.05%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all. Well I am having problems with turning on my Toshiba satellite c50-a-19t laptop. The night before there was a smell coming from the fan so I turned it off. I put it on charge in the morning and when it was fully charged I went to use it. The white light on the front goes on for a sec and then goes straight off and the laptop don't power up. Any ideas guys ???

A:Problems with laptop

Sounds as though it may have over heated and something may have shorted out. you will need to have it looked at your local repair shop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-laptop.204564/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi can any one help I cant hear any sound on my laptop its all turned up but when I conect it to my tv the volumes fine but soon as I disconnet from the tv the sound ont go.

A:Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-wont-work-on-asus-x53u-laptop.204577/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey.
Everytime I plug in the Ethernet cord to the router. It lights up and doesn't blink. After a couple of seconds, it just goes dark and I'm unable to use the router.

It works from time to time (I always have to unplug and it replug it back constantly) and I tried plugging in the router without the Ethernet plugged in and it looks like it works fine (Lights blinking). I plug in the Ethernet after that and it continues blinking for a few seconds then it darkens.

It's a Linksys router. WRT5462 V1 (Cisco)

A:Router problems -_-

Have you tried more than one cable? The cable could have gone bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-problems-_.204968/
Relevancy 14.62%

I m been having some network problems and I m really not sure to make of any of them Networking was never my strong point but I ve done everything I m capable of to try and diagnose and fix this problem So I have comcast and use my own router The last router I had was a netgear and needed replaced because it would restart itself randomly multiple times a day and I d be without internet for about - minutes at a time Instead network wireless Help connection diagnosing problems of trying constantly to fix it I just bought a linksys C to replace it with This problem started happening a little over a month ago and it manifests is self differently every time and the symptoms just don t at up in any logical way before I go out and buy a new router I want to ask you guys Obviously I get disconnected for about a minute at a time but Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems I also have long periods of just EXTREMELY slow internet Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems speeds I m talking mbps down to less than mbps The odd part comes in when I do a speed test during one of these drops in speed The speed test says I m getting all mbps of my connection but the youtube video I ll be watching will need to buffer Pages will also load very slowly but not all of them Techspot Youtube and Outlook all take forever to load during these slow downs but others will load just fine I can t figure out if this is the router or comcast It problem seems like it is a router problem because of me getting disconnected from my router but during these slow downs I can still access my router just fine and my internet speed will be displayed correctly I only have one computer connected to wifi so I can t test other machines What do you guys make of this Also what are some tests I can run to help diagnose this problem I m at wits end about this whole thing The disconnects seems to have stopped when I changed channels in my router to channel but I m still having this severe slow down issue Also as a side note I recently upgraded to xfinity and it came with a new modem These slowdowns have been occurring on both modems which leads me to believe it is the router Here is what I ve tried doing so far gt upgrading firmware gt changing ethernet cables gt changing modems gt changing wireless cards gt adjusting channels gt using different types of security WEP MAC WPA gt reinstalling windows gt using different browsers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-wireless-network-connection-problems.204969/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi, hope I've put enough specs in profile for you to help. I have a Compaq Presario 6735s I bought around 2008. CPU quite slow but graphics card not bad so made decision to upgrade. Looked up the laptop manual here to find compatible CPUs for motherboard, socket type etc. Went through 3 different (*****ic) buys before I found one that actually fitted.
Now with everything reassembled, screen will flash up once upon powering on, then nothing. All usual lights come on, even my wireless connects, makes usual start up noises, fan, dvd drive etc ....
Proceeded to take everything apart again, re-connected everything I tampered with. Even RAM, which I didn't have to remove before.
Still same reaction starting up.

Really frustrated with myself as thought this would be the right one. Could honestly cry, haha.

I read the tutorial on here called 'No POST' to no avail either. I really hope it can come back from this.
One last thing I can think of (before pulling new CPU out) is upgrading BIOS to support new CPU but with no screen I am stuck.

Can someone please give me a little direction?

A:Upgraded CPU on laptop, now screen won't work

Did you re-install the old CPU to see if the laptop booted normally again? Upgrading CPU's on laptop motherboards can be a very difficult thing to do. What is supposed to be compatible in reality is not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-cpu-on-laptop-now-screen-wont-work.204383/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hey so I wasn t really sure where to post this as I am quite new to the forums but here I go So my first problem is with my laptop s adapter charger not really sure what it s called in english it no longer charges as in the tiny green light no longer turns on when I connect it to problems Two an outlet and yes I Two problems have tried more than just one outlet It s dead From what I ve read on the web I suppose the only way out is buying a new charger Or trying to open the charger box and fixing it Is that possible If so any tips on how to do that - My second problem is releated with the internet modem I have cable internet and after this storm a coupel of days ago it started playing tricks on me even though the cable is plugged into the pc and the modem is working for about a whole minute my pc says that the cable is unplugged and only after that does it recognize it and connect me to the internet Any ideea what s wrong I suppose there s fault in my modem because before when it worked just fine about three green lights turned on right after turning it on but now only two do the dsl and power one I don t know fpr sure but I think the third one used to be ethernet And that s about it If anything s unclear please ask english is my third language so I might have made some mistakes here and there thanks for your time nbsp

A:Two problems

DO NOT open that "charger box." It is dangerous to do so because it can hold a charge of electricity for quite some time. Either buy a new charger from the laptop manufacture or, if you can, purchase a new charger from the likes of Targus. I have a Lenovo laptop and bought the Targas brand as a back-up. It works great and Targus supplies several adapters to work on many different brands.

Secondly, was your modem and router plugged into a surge protector or do you have them plugged directly into the outlet?

Your English is quite good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-problems.203854/
Relevancy 15.05%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

A:Dvd burner problems...any suggestions

They are so cheap now it is probably worth everyone's time to just get a new one.

If you really want to troubleshoot it, put it in a different computer or OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problems-any-suggestions.204100/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello to all I m going to install Win XP properly port The ps/2 of doesn't work the motherboard on my computer I had win but had some problem with installing the HP printer on it and so I decide to install XP because that printer seems to be installed properly The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly on XP Now When I put the XP CD on the CD driver it says press a ker to boot from CD and I press the Enter key now the keyboard works after that within installation time when that I should press Enter to install XP this time the keyboard doesn t work My guess is that the ps port of the case has problem it s old and somewhat has been broad Now what is the solution in your point of The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly view please My system manufacturer is quot ECS quot and the system model is quot pl-A quot PS there are two black amp white screens which mobo shows First screen shows the amount of RAM the model of CPU the IDEs and info like these which is common for first screen But the here when I want to enter to BIOS by pressing Del key it seems that keyboard doesn t work so it doesn t go to bios The second black amp white screen shows fewer info and it says quot Press shift-F to configure and when I press these two I can to enter to an environment that seems to not be the BIOS the keyboard here WORKS It has very few options And apparently doesn t have options of manipulating the keyboard settings nbsp

A:The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly

No idea!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-ps-2-port-of-the-motherboard-doesnt-work-properly.204104/
Relevancy 15.05%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-dvd-burner.204090/
Relevancy 19.78%

So currently I have a modem in the living room Cisco EPC and then it goes all the way to my room to a Cisco WRTG V router Yesterday out of the blue it stopped working This is because I previously had routers in the network Asus and Cisco anyways I decided to disconnect my asus and use only the cisco but the router just won t work I reseted it to it s fabric settings But when I log into it it says the router s IP adress is And hands out IP adresses to my pc such as I have no idea what to do Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search Router work won't properly List sbb rs Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - Router won't work properly -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Router won't work properly IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Wednesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap sbb rs Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ebd bbaa ebd bbaa Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users MiKi gt This is my ipconfig with the modem and this is with my router Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Thursday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE - - BA - E- B A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users MiKi gt nbsp

A:Router won't work properly

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the router? (long press)
I have seen this 'reset button' on several router brands/models like tp-link (tl-wr941n, tl-wr740n old version, tl-wr740n newer version), buffalo draft-N routers, cdrking routers (made in china router brand sold in the Philippines).

if the reset process I described is the same as what you typed in your first post, try to manually change the router ip address.

my wimax modem ip address = 192.168.1.1
so for the tp-link wr-740 router, I use ip address - 192.168.0.1

login to your router and change it. if there's any save button, click it. my router prompts me to reboot the router. after a few seconds, the preferred ip address I have chosen is good for use.
(I have hidden my MAC address)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-wont-work-properly.203477/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey guys, I'm pretty much a noob at this.
Long story short... My acer aspire 5552 will not stay on. When I turn it on I have to press on a certain area if not multiple areas. Before I had opened it and cleaned out the fan it use to overheat like crazy it used to hit about 90 degrees I'm wondering if that has ruined something?

Please help!
Thanks in advance

A:Acer Aspire 5552 won't stay on

First of all. Why do you have to hit certain area or for that matter. Multiple areas. It may still be running to hot. Or something was damage when you put in back togather. If it is running to hot . It may need new thermal pads.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5552-wont-stay-on.203706/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey everyone I own the Acer Aspire G- and I ve had it for a little over two years now One 5552G-7641 Aspire with Temperatures Acer Extremely High of the main problems I have with it is its temperature Right now when all I have open Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641 is Firefox and iTunes the temperature according to Speedfan is as follows HD C Temp C GPU C Core C I have the rear of my laptop suspended about cm in the air by putting two bottle caps in the rear corners This is an attempt to promote better cooling When I play video games it overheats to the point that the laptop shuts off automatically I understand that the majority of overheating issues is not cleaning enough And indeed I have never cleaned my laptop before However opening the laptop or bringing it to a tech-guy is not really an option at the moment I have read on many forums that using compressed air is efficient but I have also read that it can be extremely dangerous on laptops because of water moisture Also they seem to only pertain to desktops With that said I am here to ask for advice as to what to do with this thing The only ventilation hole is on the left of the laptop and takes up about of the side If any additional information is needed I will gladly provide it Thank you nbsp

A:Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641

Speedfan is not accurate 95% of the time. Tell me the readings using Realtemp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-high-temperatures-with-acer-aspire-5552g-7641.192887/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just got a new system that is rather light on the USB ports, so I figured I'd take advantage of the built in bluetooth. That being said are there any bluetooth mice that the users of Techspot either own and like, or find appealing? I tend to like my mice full sized and being contoured for the right hand is a bonus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-bluetooth-mouse.203145/
Relevancy 22.79%

Just ruled out malware in other section of this forum. Laptop's integrated keyboard suffers intermittent lock-ups for no apparent reason (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, right now, doesn't). Touchpad seems deactivated (tried FN + F7 in case of accidental disable, but that's not the case), every option related to touchpad are grayed out in 'mouse' menu (config panel). Before malware check-up,tried system restore to last week, all problems were still there, so I reverted back. I have to use visual keyboard to type. Have to work with external mouse because touchpad doesn't work. Tried reinstalling touchpad drivers from Acer website, and didn't work. Computer worked perfect a few days ago.

A:Acer aspire 5749-6823 keyboard intermittent, touchpad a.w.o.l.

Sounds like you may have some system files corrupt. This can occur after a lot of spyware. Some times just removing it dose not correct what it has already messed up. Your best maybe to back up your personal stuff. Then do a factory reinstall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5749-6823-keyboard-intermittent-touchpad-a-w-o-l.202904/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi everyone,
I've bought a Sound Blaster Recon 3D a year ago.
It works awsome ! But this morning it was off the light and cannot work while plug in any computers.
I am very bored and nervous, I think it was broken down and cannot work anymore.
Am I right ?
Please say NO and help me
Thank you very much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-blaster-wirless-doesnt-work.202270/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello My sound chip on my board was blew for no reason bad thing only being a month old bored and I am not waiting days to rma it and for me to get it back anyway I managed to pick up a old sound card not sure on the model Motherboard? Work. Not Maybe Did Sound Card that worked fine for three days then stopped outputing audio so I bought a sound card intex cmi that did not have the bit wndows dirvers and everytime I turned the computer off the machine would not detect the card I then I have to press the reset button or turn the system a few times to get the card to be recognized again and I could not also find the drivers for the OS Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? I checked at the back of the cards box and it says bit pci bus master What does the mean could that be that the card was not compatible for the stystem or could it be the motherboard I tried a nvidia video card in the Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? PCI-E slot and the card works fine with no faults The sound card was using the PCI slot and I tried every PCI slot My Motherboard asrock fm a x extreme Thanks nbsp

A:Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard?

I tested in a very old card from 2001 or 2004 something like that and it appears there's power going through the card so that's the plus.
Maybe it's because I'm using old crap and the sound card model is old?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-did-not-work-maybe-motherboard.202240/
Relevancy 23.22%

After formating my PC I realised that the taskbar is unable to appear because the screen resolution does not fit the desktop. how do I set the specific screen resolution for acer aspire one d257. I have tried using the registry tweak for higher screen resolution but it does not work.

Relevancy 14.62%

I have a toshiba satellite pro and usually use the touchpad with my right hand rather than a mouse. I attached an external mouse for my daughter to use, and changed the settings to lefthanded. I disconnected and shut down. Since then, each time I restart the computer, the touchpad does not work correctly. Instead of double clicking on the touchpad, I have to rightclick. I have to go into mouse settings on control panel, and move the double click speed, click apply and then the touchpad works correctly then. Why is this? Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchpad-problems-after-using-left-handed-mouse.201828/
Relevancy 19.35%

My laptop doesn't work with wifi when I first open it. It will show at the bottom of the screen that it is fully connected and has full bars, but when I open the internet the pages will not open. I must restart the computer and then it will work. How can I fix this?

A:Laptop doesn't work with wifi

When the WiFi is active, the laptop NIC should be disabled - - easy - - just unplug the the cable to the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-work-with-wifi.201724/
Relevancy 23.22%

So newegg is offering the Acer 29" B6 B296CLbmlidprz IPS monitor for about 350. Seems like a pretty good deal but I can't find many reviews on it. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this monitor and/or if you guys have better options for someone who is looking for an IPS monitor below 400 bucks. I want to game with it as well as do some 3d modeling and photoshop work. So I need reasonable response time for gaming. I was also looking at the HP ZR2440w and was gonna get that until I saw this deal on newegg for a larger monitor. 24" models are fine but if there are good deals on some 27" inch ones then I would be interested in those as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

Heres the link for that monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G1GC2421

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-acer-29-monitor-and-other-monitors.201698/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi So my HTC just old Nokia Problems 7360 spare with got stolen so I had to dig up my old spare phone it s a old Nokia and it works somehow I can call and I can txt but I can t save any new contacts it just says something like quot forbidden action quot anyhow I can t copy old contacts from the Problems with old spare Nokia 7360 phone to the sim card I can t delete old contacts so I was going to reset the whole thing but I have changed the security code by default it should be and I can t remember what I have changed it to and yes I have tried all the possibilities that there are So what to do -any ideas P S It also says that the memory is full and it can t save any MMS WAP what nat settings EDIT Have got it connected to the computer now with a data cable and using Nokia PC Suite and I made a backup of everything just in case but Problems with old spare Nokia 7360 it failed to backup the contacts so I tried to just open and view all the saved contacts but it just fails Anyhow I m not really interested in the old contacts so I don t mind but when it fails to read the contacts it also fails when I try to add new contacts via the computer Next step was to download Nokia Software Updater that s also what the PC Suite suggested but it can t quot find quot the phone when it s connected So what next -I could send it to Nokia so that they there would flash it but then if there is some other problems with it it would cost a fortune and it s not worth it nbsp

A:Problems with old spare Nokia 7360

You need to go in the nearest nokia care point at your place. You can also go to unauthorised repair shop for reformatting or reflashing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-old-spare-nokia-7360.171731/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello, yesterday I was using my computer and I shut it off. When I came back a few hours later, the wifi couldn't connect, and, unlike most times life this, it displayed an ethernet symbol with a red 'x' opposed to the normal wireless symbol with an 'x'. My computer stopped connecting to any wireless, though works fine with ethernet.

It is a Lenovo Ideapad with Windows 8

I've tried rebooting (I'm clueless, but not that clueless), updating the OS, uninstalling and reinstalling the computer's drivers along with some more far-fetched stuff (I got desperate) such as removing the battery, waiting a few hours, and plugging it back in, but nothing has worked.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing, thanks!

A:Internet problems on my Lenovo

trekzone said:

Hi,

Seems your WIFI adapter is being disabled. try enabling the device in your device manager or with the Fn+function key provided in your laptop.Click to expand...

That doesn't seem to be the problem, the adapter is enabled and the computer is not in airplane mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problems-on-my-lenovo.201378/
Relevancy 15.48%

I recently bought a new Motherboard for my PC, it is a GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H, it has a USB 3.0 plug in. However even though I plugged my USB 3.0 plug into it I still have no use. These are my front USB 3.0s, although the sound and mic work fine in the front. I currently am using a Windows 8 64-bit computer and have all drivers up to date, I am wondering if there is a way to turn it on in the BIOS.

A:USB 3.0 Problems

It seems to me like you are plugging the USB 3.0 device into the front of your case. If they are not working, it means you probably never connected the USB 3.0 header plug from the motherboard into the case plugs.

This is what I am talking about BTW:

Just to clarify though, you are trying to connect your device using the front case USB plugs? Also, if you plug the USB 3.0 device into the motherboard directly (in the back of the case), does the device work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-3-0-problems.201213/
Relevancy 19.35%

I hope this is the right section to ask this question in. I'm a big newbie.
I'm having an issue that I have no clue how to solve. There is a specific webpage that I try to view at home with my laptop, and it never loads on Chrome and Firefox, but does on Explorer. But when I take the same laptop to work or school, it does load that website on all browsers. I also have a desktop that stays home, and has the same problem. Its so strange. I don't know if it's a network thing, or an facebook app thing.

I've tried re-installing Chrome, deleting all cookies and caches, disabling all extensions or plugins, and updating Flash and Java. Any ideas?

Mod Note: Facebook game link removed, you are too new to be trusted fully. Problem m ay be solvable without the exact game anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/website-works-at-work-not-home.201025/
Relevancy 21.93%

Laptop Model Acer Aspire G Graphic Card Model ATI Mobility Radeon HD MB 512MB) screen 5470 with problem Black ATI (Acer Aspire Radeon 4745G HD Mobility OS Windows bits Problem Laptop starting to turn to blackscreen constantly since last week At the Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) beginning it still manage to back to normal after restart But then after few days it turn to black screen during every startup whenever it progress until window start-up animation I can even still hear the welcome sound although the screen is black I can still using the laptop through safe mode After that I google for some related solution and found that it s probably the graphic card display adapter problem So I disable the graphic card Radeon HD Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) option under display adapter and it goes Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) perfectly well But when I enable the graphic card option under display adapter in normal mode my laptop screen will turns black again back to previous problem I tried to uninstall the graphic card under display adapter and reinstall the graphic card driver download from Acer Support but the problem still appears The graphic card driver after reinstall is appears to be ATI Mobility Radeon HD series instead of previously ATI Mobility Radeon HD Is it normal or I download the wrong driver although it s from Acer Support What should I do to solve this blackscreen problem nbsp

A:Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

Try this:
1) Uninstall the all AMD software with this AMD Uninstall tool.
2) Restart your PC.
3) Download and install the latest stable driver (13.4) from here: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-problem-acer-aspire-4745g-with-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-512mb.193825/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

my acer laptop 7520 shuts itself down after booting for few seconds.
It has Vista but dont think its a software / virus issue. As I got into BIOS / booting menu, it did not stay there. it shuts itself down.

I removed CD rom from laptop but had same result. It has two 1GB rams, I removed them one at a time but had same result. I then removed Harddisk and tried to make it boot from USB, but had same result. It was shutting down after 10 - 30 seconds. I see the Fan running when ever I start the laptop. Fan is very clean. no dust, dont think its a heating problem then.

please can some one advise what could be issue.
thanks.

I ran it on full battery but had same result. Then I removed battery and connected the power cable into laptop, same result. it shuts down after few seconds.

A:Acer laptop 7520 shuts itself down after few seconds

Sounds as though its over heating. You might try taking a can of air and blowing the vents out. If this has not helped. You may need to take it to a repair shop. and have the thermal pads replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-7520-shuts-itself-down-after-few-seconds.200584/
Relevancy 15.48%

I recently bought GLADIATOR R7 260X Intel i5-4570 3.6GHz Quad Core Next Day Gaming Pc - Aria PC from Aria,it comes with CORSAIR CX series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com and every so often the monitor goes off which I think may be due to a lack of enough power. Would it be beneficial to change to a Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com that I have spare?

Thanks

A:Possible PSU problems

If you have the PSU as a spare, there is no harm in using it to see if it corrects your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-psu-problems.200393/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a laptop with the Realtek high definition audio and Dolby home theater installed. After the latest win8.1 update the Realtek program has stopped forwarding the sound through the Dolby program (which it managed to do perfectly before the upgrade). I tried using Viper4Windows too but that didn't work eighter. Is there an option anywhere that will allow me to fix this?

A:Realtek and third party program problems

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-and-third-party-program-problems.200237/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello! I live in a college apartment (so no access to router). When I hook up my ethernet cable to my computer, all of my messengers work and are connected but I cannot use internet browsers. I recently reformatted my computer and was using a wireless adaptor, but here the internet is so slow that there's really no point and for a decent connection you need to be plugged into the wall. The wall connection worked fine until I reformatted.

This happened before when I moved to my first college and had to use the ethernet cable. I've done everything from messing around with internet explorer proxy settings and whatnot, but what did work was something I found in a thread. It instructed me to go somewhere and delete a file that was blocking the internet part, I guess? I deleted this setting/file and the ethernet connection worked just fine afterwards. I can't find this thread (probably not on this website) anymore. Does anyone here know possibly what the file was?

A:Help locating a file to help my ethernet work again

Check for optional Windows Updates, specifically a network driver. The most common name is Realtek.

And/or try installing this driver. - Software: Drivers & Utilities

If still no go, which computer do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-locating-a-file-to-help-my-ethernet-work-again.200022/
Relevancy 19.35%

I am using windows 7 and my webcam is not working,whenever I tried to use to it says "webcam not detected ". even it is absent in device manager and I hope someone will help me to solve the problem.

A:Dell integrated webcam won't work

What is the exact brand and model # of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-integrated-webcam-wont-work.199619/
Relevancy 15.05%

After upgrading my MacBook Pro with Maverick, Audio Hijack Pro pretends not finding the source application for recording. Anyone the same problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-hijack-problems.199984/