Windows Support Forum

Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

Q: Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-file-copy-interrupted-action-issue.196667/
Relevancy 101.05%

This is driving me bonkers and I "workstation" to copy WinXP FAIL file "server" Win7 have almost no hair left I really hope someone can help When I attempt to copy or Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL move a file or folder from my Win box to my WinXP SP media server the operation nearly always fails Take for example my trying to copy the VLC Media Player folder files MB from Program Files Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL on Win to the C drive on the media server via a mapped drive X In all cases after hanging up at some point during the copy I get this message Network Error There is a problem accessing X lt whatever current sub-folder copying is gt Make sure you are connected to the network and try again I should note here that you only see the message come up if you wait for it min after the copy hangs If you try to cancel the hung copy before the message comes up you can crash explorer exe I must Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL also stress that there are no other access problems on the network Files on the media server are accessible as expected from the Win box Performing the same copy in reverse quot pulling quot the same folder to the XP box from its console instead of quot pushing quot from Win works perfectly All machines are in WORKGROUP and the same exact credentials are in use on all machines All machines run the same version of Symantec Endpoint Protection and have firewall rules configured to allow all LAN traffic All machines are connected through a Linksys SD -port GB quot dumb quot switch Routing DHCP is provided by a D-Link DI- NICs are all set to auto-negotiate I have tried monkeying with NIC settings it is an onboard Realtek to no avail I have also installed an Intel PRO XT Server NIC just to see if it was a Realtek issue No change Here's the kicker my Win Panasonic laptop connected to the same LAN does not suffer this same problem In fact when I run the same copy the speed is about twice as fast as on the Win PC in question before the PC hangs up of course Any ideas that I might try would be appreciated I have even recently reinstalled Win from scratch hoping that might fix it EndGame

A:Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL

Same thing happens in my LAN between both Seven Ultimate x86 and x64 and a XP Pro SP3 file server, and also no problem copying from a Toshiba U200-182 laptop with Seven Pro x86 (Upgrade disk from Toshiba)to the same xp machine, also note that there is a normal transfer speed between al Seven platforms....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77706-win7-workstation-winxp-server-file-copy-fail.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I just downloaded and installed SteadyState. I locked three users, but when the user logged on, they all got an error message, "Windows cannot copy file (file name..) Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator. DETAIL - The filename or extension is too long.

I can't find the file that is listed in the error message.
I unlocked the profiles and took off all the restrictions except blocking firefox and netscape. I am still getting the error message. How can I fix this?

A:Error: "Windows cannot copy file. The filename or extension is too long."

Hi,

We occasionally see this with locked profiles. When a profile is locked, Windowscopiesthe original profile directory (often c:\users\user.orig) to a temporary location (often c:\users\user). During the user's session, changes the user makes are written to this temporary location. When the user logs off, Windows deletes the temporary profile, thus cleaning up his changes.

When you see the warning about filenames being too long when the locked user logs in, the problem is usually that temporary internet files created by Internet Explorer exceed the default 260 character path length limit, so Windows encounters an error when it tries to copy these files to the temporary location. It's possible that other applications could create long filenames/paths that cause similar problems.

I've been able to solve the problem by unlocking the profile, logging in as the restricted user, then emptying the user's temporary internet files in Internet Explorer. Then log off, log on as the Administrator again, and re-lock the user's profile.

Hope that helps.

-Rob

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2186fd6f-4ce9-420d-a44b-0de9fa5e431c/error-quotwindows-cannot-copy-file-the-filename-or-extension-is-too-longquot?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 95.89%

I am in windows XP pro. i have watch a online tv on internet explorer, than i know the file(movie file what i watch just now) *.tmp will temporay store at c:\document&setting\administrator\temp folder, my purpose is i really want to save that movie file to my harddisk, when i click on it and try to copy to my d: drive, than system not allow me to do that, because said this file is using by other application please try to close it and try again. but went i close that Internet explorer than this file *.tmp in side temp folder will automatically disapper also not inside the recycle bin. Whatever i already try to using command line to copy it still cannot, using xcopy/c command to copy also cannot, said error "sharing voilation"...

Please help me how to "Force" copy the file is being in use.

Thank you.

A:how to "Force" windows to copy the file in use by another program.

try going to windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and try ending the program there 'cause it could still be running although you're not using it actively.

And, as far sa I know, you can't force copy while program's in use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-force-windows-to-copy-the-file-in-use-by-another-program.659576/
Relevancy 95.03%

Please read this question very carefully:

There's a message displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen saying my Windows version number and that it is not genuine. I would like to know what is the file(s) that show this message?

I am not asking to validate Windows (or looking for typical "buy another copy" responses). I'm aware of why this message is displayed, but I want to know what file(s) specifically are responsible.

A:"This copy of Windows is not genuine" -- File??

if you do not have a genuine copy you will need to purchase a legal copy. it is against the rules to help you with possible illegal installs.

if you have a legal copy see the following for xp
http://www.pchell.com/support/window...dvantage.shtml

see the following for vista or win7
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...7-9168c4cd668d

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/this-copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine-file-488064.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi everyone I m new to the forum I am running Windows XP SP Home Edition boxes to" Help! not to" properly!!! and XP "move Windows "copy Hm displaying Background I was running Windows IE beta no problems I decided to upgrade to Windows IE beta the system would not I removed before trying to install beta I dropped back to IE thinking it Help! Windows XP Hm "copy to" and "move to" boxes not displaying properly!!! would run correctly but I was wrong When I try to move a file using the quot Copy to quot or quot Move to Help! Windows XP Hm "copy to" and "move to" boxes not displaying properly!!! quot window the window frame displays but there is nothing in it except at the top quot Select the place you want to move quot x quot file and then at the bottom of Help! Windows XP Hm "copy to" and "move to" boxes not displaying properly!!! the window quot to view any sub folders click plus sign quot Move New Folder The entire file system is missing where I could select a file to move to example C and all the sub folders are not displayed so I cannot select one The system still works but all the files are sent to C SW F which is most likely the last folder I accessed before this whole failure to install mess started Is there any way to restore the file system so I can select where I want to send my files when I copy and move without dragging them with two open windows Thanks I have more questions but this is enough to start with I appreciate the help I really screwed this thing up I am currently running IE with expanded stuff left over from the botched install attempt from IE beta Turbo nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-xp-hm-copy-to-and-move-to-boxes-not-displaying-properly.480286/
Relevancy 94.17%

Do you or anyone else willing to help me know which registry key windows the "Move on "Copy Start & Why Menu? To" I when do click appear To" I would have to manually delete in order to remove the quot Move To quot and quot Copy To quot options from my context-menu Please help me solve the problems with my registry I m using Windows XP Pro -bit Edition The problems started when I Why do the "Move To" & "Copy To" windows appear when I click on Start Menu? tried opening windows by clicking on folders amp files which are listed on my Start Menu Whenever Why do the "Move To" & "Copy To" windows appear when I click on Start Menu? I double-click or right-click on any folders listed on my Start Menu and then select quot Open quot or quot Explore quot to open files listed on the menu the quot Move To quot amp quot Copy To quot windows pop-up The quot Move To quot amp quot Copy To quot windows won t go away unless I click on quot OK quot or quot Cancel quot And now that I have the lastest stable-release of WinRAR installed on my XP the quot Move To quot and quot Copy To Why do the "Move To" & "Copy To" windows appear when I click on Start Menu? quot options aren t listed on my context-menu anymore However I can t open any of the folders I want to access via my Start Menu because my registry is still setup to make the quot Move To quot and quot Copy To quot windows appear And now when I click on quot OK quot or quot Cancel quot on each of those windows none of the folders I wanted to open appear The previous owner of my PC configured the registry to make the start-menu amp context-menu include the quot Move To quot amp quot Copy To quot options So whenever I click on an option in the start menu those windows appear st rather than the appropriate windows that would have appeared if my registry wasn t messed up Would any of you please tell me how to make the start menu work normally without the quot Move To quot amp quot Copy To quot windows appearing everytime I click on an option on the start menu nbsp

A:Why do the "Move To" & "Copy To" windows appear when I click on Start Menu?

Sorry, I have no idea how to fix your particular issue. But, the way to avoid this kind of problem is to immediately format the disk and install the operating system fresh when taking possession of a previously owned computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-the-move-to-copy-to-windows-appear-when-i-click-on-start-menu.828220/
Relevancy 94.17%

When I try to move a folder into another folder (sub-folders into the main "MY DOCS" folder, I get the error message: "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open. Close the file and try again."

NO, no other folders are open; went to task manager and made sure. No backup running. I've tried a web search others have had this issue. The suggestion was to empty the temp folder, but this didn't help.

Any advice? This happens for ANY folder I try to dump into the main one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-the-action-cant-be-completed-because-the-folder-or-a-file-in-it.1065858/
Relevancy 93.74%

Media player keeps getting interrupted by "things" - other programs I guess. Both while playing mp3's and music videos. It doesn't shut down. It just sort of shorts out the music... until I guess whatever is finished bothering it.

It happens
-When I try to rename files or move them around in Windows Explorer [not the ones playing].

-While on the internet. No certain reason that I can see. The websites/webpages I have open don't appear to have any media player music playing. It happens when I use either IE or Foxfire browsers.

Is there a button or something I can select that can keep Windows Media Player from being affected by other programs? It is verY irritating.

I have the following MUTED in volume control:
wavetable
line-in
auxiliary

Thanks so much!

A:Windows Media player keeps getting interrupted by "things" other programs?

Sounds like your system is working too hard and whan any other activity is required there is insufficient CPU time left for the video or audio, so it pauses.

Without knowing what your PC specifications are, its all conjecture however.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-keeps-getting-interrupted-by-things-other-programs.287971/
Relevancy 93.74%

So I got the Win Antivirus Malware about a month ago and it messed my computer up I tried cleaning the registry and this and that to no avail and finally decided to buy associated have file performing this "The does not program a action"..w/ twist a with Malwarebytes and fix it since it seems to be the most popular option Well I did and it seems to have cleared the virus itself but unfortunately it left me with all the cleanup of the destruction of my laptop While the virus was active it wouldn't let "The file does not have a program associated with performing this action"..w/ a twist me open programs at all After "The file does not have a program associated with performing this action"..w/ a twist I cleared the virus I STILL couldn't open programs BUT I found that if I right clicked and quot run ran as administrator quot it would open the program no problem Well I've been doing this ever since and of my computer usage is restored EXCEPT for Windows pages with hyperlinks For example I CANNOT change my screensaver because "The file does not have a program associated with performing this action"..w/ a twist the button to change it is a hyperlink and as soon as I try to click on it it sends me right to back to square one quot This file does not have a program quot Ok so I tried looking online for a fix I found one for an old thread on this website that seemed to work for everyone who did it So I tried BUT here's the twist I can open the Regedit through my trick of right click - quot run as administrator quot BUT when I go to the destination HKEY CLASSES ROOT exefile shell open command to change the value to quot quot it shows me this quot Cannot Edit Error reading the value's content quot funny thing is this is the only value destination that will not let me edit it I don't know if I did something to it in the process of clearing the virus but there's gotta be an easy fix for this No Even if it's a hard fix I need to do this If not I'd have to re-install Win and I didn't buy it it came with the computer So help -H

A:"The file does not have a program associated with performing this action"..w/ a twist

Hi, binary files have to be imported using correct syntax or they will not work. In some instances existing keys have to be deleted first. Make it easier for you run the attached .zip file double click on the returned .reg file and agree to add to registry. Safe returns to defaults. Restart computer.

2012Virus.zip

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-file-does-not-have-a-program-associated-with-performing-this-action-w-a-twist-625829.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Whenever I try to move or rename files (or anything else that would change something about it), I frequently get the message "The action can't be completed because the file is open in another program." The thing is, it's not open in any program.

It usually happens immediately after it was open, though. It also usually happens with movie files. So, I'll watch a movie file, close WMP and try to change the filename, and it'll give this message. I have to wait for about two or three minutes before I can change it. It's very frustrating to have to wait every time I need to change a file. Is there a way to fix this?

A:"The action can't be completed because the file is open in another program"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-action-cant-be-completed-because-the-file-is-open-in-another-program.736340/
Relevancy 92.88%

I recently got a virus from a random popup when I was searching for some recipes on the internet Immediately my browser exited out and a program called quot Antivirus Vista quot popped up It started scanning my computer and kept provoking that there was malware on my computer which there wasn't My main antivirus system is Windows Live OneCare It finished the scan claiming I had viruses not for action." a this "This does program have associated file with preforming it on my computer which I didn't I already knew this was a fake so I canceled everything but the little 'balloons' that popup through the toolbar kept saying the my firewall was off which it wasn't I immediately took action I deactivated my network connection and started up Malwarebyte's It found viruses the ones that caused the fraud antivirus and it removed it I then ran OneCare to ensure that there wasn't anymore viruses and there wasn't But now every program that I try to run comes "This file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action." up with this error quot This file does not have a program associated with it "This file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action." for preforming this action Create an association in the Set Associations control panel quot I couldn't find the 'set associations' in the control panel The virus affected everything but Internet Explorer thank God Even command prompt What should I do I can't do anything until this is fixed Thanks Alex

A:"This file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action."

Easiest would be to go back to a prior restore point. Even when the virus is removed, the damage is not.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/273504-file-does-not-have-program-associated-preforming-action.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi everybody,

I ran Norton Antivirus 2006 and it erased ALL my file associations. So I connot run anything (luckily my Firefox was open)
Also system restore gives me above message. In the past this occurred and
I found a nifty little program to fix this problem. Could anybode give me a hand with this ?

Leo

A:"this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action"

RESOLVED; found the fix
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/this-file-does-not-have-a-program-associated-with-it-for-performing-this-action-134392.html
Relevancy 92.88%

This is the error I get every time I click on the magnifier icon of Windows Search in attempts to use it The standard search feature built into windows is also inoperable in that it only displays a grayed out pane on the left hand side when in folders view A contributing factor should be noted -- A month ago I had to perform an quot XP Repair quot due to a BSOD STOP Error most likely an IDE controller driver As per research I have checked the registry for the following Quote HKEY CLASSES ROOT exefile shell open command Double-click the Default value in the right hand pane and delete the current value data and then type quot does not have action" associated a with program "File performing it this for quot exactly as shown including the quotes and asterisk Navigate to HKEY CLASSES ROOT exe In the right-hand pane set default to exefile I've also employed sfc scannow while I see no positive results I am also unsure if it accomplished anything as the WindiwsUpdate log file looks ambiguous to me Any insight would be appreciated

A:"File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action"

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

you could try re-downloading and installing it...to see if it will fix it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-does-not-have-a-program-associated-with-it-for-performing-this-action-447511.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Today I tried to burn a disk of mp3 files as I've done many times before. When I tried to copy the files from the C drive to the D (CD/DVD drive), Windows Explorer only would allow "Move," not "Copy". I tried to copy with CTRL+Right Click and that didn't work either - when I hover over the icon for the D drive it says "Move."

I was able to copy and burn a disk (in CD format) with Windows Media Player, and the CD drive works fine for playback. Also, when I plug in an external hard drive Windows Explorer allows copy of files to the external hard drive.

It's only when I try to copy files to the CD drive that I encounter this problem.

No other recent changes have been made to the computer.

Any idea, and thanks very much!

A:Windows Explorer only allows "Move", not "Copy" to CD/DVD drive

try selecting the files--then right click and select 'SEND TO' CD/DVD--it shouldn't be possible to 'copy' to a blank CD/DVD as it will be unformatted.

'send to' the choose burn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258262-windows-explorer-only-allows-move-not-copy-cd-dvd-drive.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello Everyone I'm really hoping there is someone here who can help me with what should be an easy issue This might be something related to workgroup vs home group but I think I have that understood I have a windows machine with the same workgroup set as my two XP machines LAN Permissions "XP" issue Sharing to File "7" I then went in and set four harddrives root directories to share Now what is weird and very frustrating is that two of the hard drives the other computers can get into just like one would expect However the other two drives are behaving completely different One drive it just gives a LAN File Sharing "7" to "XP" Permissions issue permissions error message right away The other it lets me access one layer of folders but then gives the same message when I try to open any one of them It's very frustrating I set up the sharing just with simple right click- the drive say share and quot Everyone quot read write full so I don't understand how some can LAN File Sharing "7" to "XP" Permissions issue be interacting differently than others Any help would be great Thanks in advance Gary

A:LAN File Sharing "7" to "XP" Permissions issue

No solution is immediately apparent to me, but am I correctly assuming were dealing with all NTFS drives here?
And are the four hard drives on the XP machine?
Did you name each share for each drive? Try mapping the shared drive(s) that you now can not with their drive letter followed by $.

For example...

//192.168.1.20/d$

...and see what happens.

Also, make sure each machine being shared from has a password set. You can not share with a blank (non-existant) pass.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/8487-lan-file-sharing-7-xp-permissions-issue.html
Relevancy 90.73%

How can I work around the following rror message "cannot copy file. cannot read source file or disk". I'm using Windows XP on a Gateway GT 4016

A:error message "cannot copy file. cannot read source file or disk"

Get a new disk or provide a whole lot more details about what you're trying to do and what program(s) you are trying to do "it" with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-cannot-copy-file-cannot-read-source-file-or-disk-265761.html
Relevancy 90.73%

here a stumper for me. . . maybe one of you knows how to fix it...

when in my computer, if i double click on any of the drives, it opens up a search window instead of opening the folder! its sooo annoying. I have to right click and select 'open' every time.

if i right click, the menu opens there and 'search' is on the top in bold instead of 'open'.

i dont know how i messed it up, but if you know how to change the default action.
PLEASE HELP!!!

thanks in advance for any help

-kio

SOLVED THANK YOU THANK YOU!

A:default action "search" instead of "open"?! (in my computer)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-action-search-instead-of-open-in-my-computer.643863/
Relevancy 90.3%

G'day everyone How can I get Windows to name copied files using the scheme quot Copy of "Copy Copy" files copied instead of "- XP (aka style) named Have of" quot Have copied files named "Copy of" instead of "- Copy" (aka XP style) used in Windows XP and earlier Have copied files named "Copy of" instead of "- Copy" (aka XP style) instead of the default scheme quot - Copy quot whenever a file is copied to the same directory as the original file In other words if you copy a file named quot Foo txt quot in a directory to the same directory Have copied files named "Copy of" instead of "- Copy" (aka XP style) Windows XP would have named that file quot Copy of Foo txt quot but Windows names the file quot Foo - Copy txt quot I want the copy to be named quot Copy of Foo txt quot There are several reasons why I prefer the XP style file name It is familiar - I have existing files that use the XP style file names and I want all my file copies to use the same naming scheme I guess I can do a massive file rename across all my backups but that would solve only one of my problems Most of my folders are sorted by name and using XP style would sort all copies together On other forums it has been suggested that one can simply sort by date to get the copies sorted together but that advice assumes that all copies are created after all other files are created which is actually not often the case I often work with long file names which means that the end of the file name is often obscured unless I have wide windows not always possible and use lots of horizontal scrolling every time I want to select a file Hovering over a file to get its full name is a cumbersome solution On other forums some have given the advice to always make copies in subfolders but I often make copies or copies of copies while I work it allows me to roll back or to check earlier versions of a file quickly during my work and using subfolders would slow me down tremendously not to mention confuse me So does anyone know how to do this I know that when TeraCopy is made the copy handler it renames files in a different way than Windows does though unfortunately not the way Windows XP did it Also if one installs a third-party directory program such as Opus it asks for a file name every time a copy is made but I need something that simply names the file correctly immediately Thanks Samuel A previous thread partially on this issue Filename append with number on copy to same folder

A:Have copied files named "Copy of" instead of "- Copy" (aka XP style)

I found one partial solution (fairly good):

With Supercopier, use Ctrl + click/drag to copy files.

SuperCopier Website

In Supercopier's Confuguration settings, go to "Copies & moves behaviour", and in "Old file renaming pattern" type "<full>" and in "New file renaming pattern" type "Copy of <full>".

If you use just right-click and drag to make file copies, the context menu will give you the option to use Supercopier, but the default option is Windows' own copying.

However, if you use Ctrl + click/drag, it uses Supercopier to copy, and the copy is named according to your preference. If a file is copied using Ctrl + click/drag to another directory, the renaming pattern is not used -- the customised renaming is used only on files copied to the same directory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219797-have-copied-files-named-copy-instead-copy-aka-xp-style.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I can't copy and paste "User name" and Password" in Windows Mail (Vista 64 bit SP2)

I have already try both mouse and keyboard (ctrl+c and ctrl+v)

I would like to know how to setting then I can copy and paste "User name" and Password" ?

Kind Regards,

A:I can't copy and paste "User name" and Password" in Windows Mail (Vista 64 bit SP2)

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine it's a security measure.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/230180-i-cant-copy-paste-user-name-password-windows-mail-vista-64-bit-sp2.html
Relevancy 89.44%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 89.01%

I'm trying under "Windows Update" to click on "check for updates" however when I do that I get message
"windows update cannot currently check for updates, because updates on this computer are controlled by your system administrator"
I am the admin on the PC however this PC points to a In-office "WSUS server" to normally get its update
Is there a work around to this that I could add to my local group policy or registry?
I have been under Group Policy Object Editor -->Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates -->
Windows Components --> Windows Update
but seen nothing that would allow to override this error
Any suggestion(s) would be most appreciated
JMurphNE

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc0d13f2-e9cb-4001-a8e6-cfc5d80efd59/windows-update-issue-quotwindows-7quot-error-quotbecause-updates-on-this-computer-are?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 88.15%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Greetings folks I'm hoping somebody here can help me I've just completed a new gaming pc build running any Audio "sound" constantly on Windows action Service crashes Win Professional -bit Clean install I've downloaded all the quot important updates quot from Windows Update The only programs I have installed beyond what came on the CD's with the components are Google Chrome a trial version of WinRar and the Steam client The problem I am having is that every time I attempt to do anything sound related the Windows Audio Service crashes constantly on any "sound" action Windows Audio Service crashes For example If I go into the quot Sound quot menu on the control panel and select anything all the devices disappear in front of my eyes Windows Audio crashed If I go into the Realtek HD Audio Manager and attempt to do anything at all all the devices disappear in front of my eyes Windows Audio crashed If I go into the Sound Blaster Cinema program and attempt to do anything at all all the devices disappear in front of my eyes Windows Audio crashed Ok so restarting the service is trivial I pop into services msc find it and select quot start quot It restarts fine Or I can click on the speaker tray icon with the red x that pops up when the crash happens and the troubleshooter will restart the service Even if I'm not tinkering with any sound settings however Let's say I go to youtube and pick a random video for a sound check As soon as it starts playing Windows Audio crashes The only curious thing I've noticed is that if I leave that video playing Windows cannot restart the Windows Audio service It's done this on the MSI supplied drivers for my onboard sound It's done this on the Realtek HD Audio drivers downloaded directly from Realtek I've tried disabling the quot Nvidia High Definition Audio quot device and the quot Nvidia Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM quot device in the device manager thinking perhaps they might be competing with each other No change in behavior I tried disabling the digital output on the Realtek No change in behavior My end goal is hopefully to have sound handled by the Realtek HD Audio chip built into the MSI motherboard and directing output to the Logitech Z speaker system and have my Gigabyte GeForce GTX Ti direct the video to my Asus VS Q-P monitor The monitor is connected via HDMI cable and has a couple crappy speakers which at one time were producing some output before I had installed the various drivers from the manufacturer CD's That's every bit of data I can think to give to explain my problem and what I've tried to fix it Can anybody more knowledgeable in Audio issues perhaps help me out here

A:Windows Audio Service crashes constantly on any "sound" action

Ok.. finally got this solved, thanks to a fellow on another forum.

Apparently, the secret to this is "Realtek can't make a driver to save their ass, even for hardware of their own design." I did a clean reinstall of windows, and added only barebones drivers, one at a time, to see what was breaking things... and sure enough, as soon as any form of Realtek driver went live on my machine.. bam.. insta-death for Windows Audio service and the resultant complete unusability of anything audio.

So I uninstalled everything having to do with Realtek, and just used the HD Audio drivers from Windows Update.. and bam, with a couple very minor configuration tweaks, I have proper 5.1 audio coming out where it's supposed to.

Some poor schlep at Realtek customer service is gonna have a real bad day here in a few minutes. >.<

Anyway, problem solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/328378-windows-audio-service-crashes-constantly-any-sound-action.html
Relevancy 87.72%

After always being OCD about it and clicking it in every prgress window, I've been on the hunt to no avail to end the compulsive fit of mine. I cannot seem to dig up anything googling it either.

What I'm trying to do is find out how to make Windows 7 (Windows 7 Ultimate, to be precise) always show "more details" during file transfers (copy, cut/paste, deleting, etc).

The concept is pretty easy, but like I said, I can't find out how/where to do it. Something tells me it is probably an easy Registry Editor key/hack.

Anyone know how to enable this?

A:Always show "More Details" to file copy progress window

I would also like to know this

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/54739-always-show-more-details-file-copy-progress-window.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I need alot of times to copy & past the path.. So I got W7 to show the full path under the tools file options.. But it states ther it will only work in classic mode.

I can't find how to get back to classic mode, or if there is another way to copy/paste a file path, I'm all ears.

A:Get back to "Classic" or copy/paste file path

Click in the address bar...or right click any file folder > Copy as path.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/40789-get-back-classic-copy-paste-file-path.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hiya I could use a little help resolving what should be a simple problem It sound Navigation i.e. "Click" Start.wav" file, "Windows s really a long story but "Windows Navigation Start.wav" file, i.e. "Click" sound to skip to the important part I ll just recount this little tale I wanted to delete some files off of an old external hard drive to make space for some new stuff It didn t matter since the files I was deleting had been long since copied to a new drive However Vista in its infinite wisdom told me I couldn t delete the files and it was for my own good I politely said quot okay Vista Thanks for keeping me honest quot But "Windows Navigation Start.wav" file, i.e. "Click" sound then I muttered quot I already "Windows Navigation Start.wav" file, i.e. "Click" sound have a mother quot under my breath and proceeded to go behind Vista s back and turn off User Account Control so I could delete the files anyway Well I knew that wasn t the best idea so I immediately turned UAC back on afterwards but it was too late Vista caught me and after the second restart smote me with a problem I d seen once before nearly every program on my computer was said to have been closed after it quot encountered a problem quot or some nonsense and when restarted again the disk checker was run found numerous problems and did whatever it had to do to go about fixing them all Now I m not sure what all that was about because everything seems to be running okay now save for one minor thing That little quot click quot sound you get when navigating windows explorer was nowhere to be heard I tried another restart and another disk check but nothing When I go to the sound personalization window all other sounds are fine but the quot Start Navigation quot sound under quot Windows Explorer quot shows a little quot quot icon next to it and the quot Windows Navigation Start wav quot file that accompanies it is missing I don t know why and more importantly I don t know how to restore it It s not like my computer has been rendered useless or my files irrevocably destroyed but ya know I got attached to that little quot Click quot sound and I want to bring him back If anybody can suggest what may have caused this that would be great But if anybody can tell me how to return that long lost wav file to his rightful place that would be even better I ve searched online but all I ve found are about kajillion pages describing how to disable that sound but I don t want to disable it I want to bring it back Is there a place somewhere in the depths of the internet where I can download the file and place it in the C Windows Media folder or perhaps a way to restore the original Thanks in advance for any response nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-navigation-start-wav-file-i-e-click-sound.903615/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi all I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo sick to f king death of Windows security prompts Ever since I first got XP about a decade ago now on this lovely little error dialog or something similar has not always but at least once a month shown up when I've tried to move or delete a file or folder File Folder Access Denied You need permission to perform this action You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file folder name of file or folder and date created Try Again and Cancel buttons Clicking Try Again brings the same dialog up again and clicking Cancel has obvious results I'm on the only user account on the PC which is an Administrator account Trying to take ownership of the file folder tells me that quot Access is denied quot Haven't tried using the hidden admin account as I don't see why the f k I should have to Look Microsoft I don't give a flying f k if my files are vulnerable to hackers is crazy!!! when action" files "You deleting me perform need Windows Security this to driving permission or not I just want to be able to access them MYSELF My network is on a router with a -bit encryption key and a hardware firewall as well as a software firewall on each PC If anyone can get through all that I'll tip my hat to them and let them do whatever they want to my files But for crying out loud I JUST WANT COMPLETELY UNINHIBITED Windows Security is driving me crazy!!! "You need permission to perform this action" when deleting files ACCESS TO MY OWN F KING FILES This has been a problem for as long as I can remember and I've really had enough of it if more programs were runnable on Linux I would've switched a looooooooooooooooong time ago P S I apologise to anyone who DOESN'T work for Microsoft and was offended by this post I've just really had enough of this crap P P S Just tried the hidden admin account after all but guess what THAT DOESN'T WORK EITHER Gee what a surprise that something made by Microsoft could be so utterly ludicrous and useless NOT

A:Windows Security is driving me crazy!!! "You need permission to perform this action" when deleting files

I'm on the only user account on the PC, which is an Administrator account.

No, with USER Account Control (UAC) you have user rights. I explained this here in a guide for users like you:
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/135143-faq-what-is-the-uac/
UAC is fine and solve 90% of the security issues.

André"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ced86c33-9247-4bee-8379-88c22569c4c8/windows-security-is-driving-me-crazy-quotyou-need-permission-to-perform-this-actionquot-when?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 87.72%

It's my understanding that Defender scans according to Microsoft's maintenance schedule. But I get a notice in the Action Center that "Windows Defender needs to scan." My last scan occurred 4-5 days ago when I noticed the alert.

Is it possible that since my computer is powered down at bed time that the scheduled scan is skipped (and not started next morning when I power it up?

How often is Defender scheduled to scan?

Thanks for your help!
Al

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/56189-why-does-action-center-tell-me-windows-defender-needs-scan.html
Relevancy 87.29%

hi!
im trying to install windows xp pro (sp2) on my new pc but i get this message:
"setup cannot copy the file: sprb0402.dll".

does anyone know whats going on?

hardw:
intel p4 3.0
msi intel 945p express chipset
2x1GB DDR 533 memory (dual channel mode enabled)
msi ati radeon x300HM 128mb
1x HD wd raptor
2x HD wd sata II

thanks

A:Solved: HELP!"setup cannot copy the file.." (xp install)

Hi, From what I found, looks like this error is caused by either a bad CD disk, a smudge or mark on the CD, or bad RAM chips.

Advice: Rinse the CD with warm plain water and pat dry, try again.

Try a different CD drive.

Copy the i386 folder to hard drive and install that way.

Change RAM.

Your XP CD might work in other computers---I read that at many of the results searching in Google. Seems to be a problem with the hard drive, too. Did you delete all partitions? You might have to wipe the drive with a utility> I use KillDisk, here:
http://www.killdisk.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-setup-cannot-copy-the-file-xp-install.426278/
Relevancy 87.29%

I m on Windows XP SP I downloaded and installed quot Net Tools quot from http www mabsoft com nettools htm Immediately my AVG complained that quot with "access but new Can't file: twist... denied" copy LANTalkerServer exe quot contained a generic trojan horse back door It doesn t seem surprising that a LAN server could be flagged by AVG as a back door for trojan horses especially when it is a part of a software package that contains Can't copy file: "access denied" but with new twist... many other network administrator tools that might be considered quot threats quot I thought I would upload it to virustotal com and get some other opinions but my browser wouldn t let me upload it because it quot couldn t find the file quot even after navigating to it I then tried to copy it to my desktop and Windows gave the error keep in mind that I m always logged on in an account that has administrator privileges ------------------------------ Error Copying File or Folder Cannot copy LANTalkerServer Access is denied Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use ------------------------------ I checked the file with quot unlocker quot and it was not in use by any other programs So I followed the directions in another thread here at techguy org for gaining access permissions namely using these directions for quot taking control of ownership quot for a file folder http support microsoft com kb In Safe Mode it showed the Net Tools folder was actually under my account ownership so I couldn t understand why it would complain about quot access denied quot when trying to copy the file I made sure all permissions were set to quot allow quot under my login name I copied the file to my desktop in safe mode and rebooted When logged back in as usual I still couldn t copy the original file nor could I copy the Lantalkerserver exe that I had copied to the desktop quot access denied quot Maybe I m missing something basic here--would someone please give me some idea what s going on Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-copy-file-access-denied-but-with-new-twist.675794/
Relevancy 87.29%

I am trying to backup a large folder of music files from my C drive to my D drive.  It is a 4 hour operation.  Almost all the files copied by the copy operation kept stopping because of errors regarding path or filename length.  
I am told that MS is aware of this and there is a Hotfix for this as Windows has some problems in this area.
I am using Windows 7 PRO 64 bit SP1.
Can anyone direct me to the Hotfix if one indeed exists.
Thank you in advance
Henry AKA otrman3996

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9a612ea5-eb55-42c9-84d3-13e41f4ec02a/file-copy-errors-ampquotpath-too-longampquot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello!
Do you know how to add "Copy path" and "copy name" to context menu?
Like this screen shot!

A:How to add "Copy path" and "Copy name" to context menu?

On my PC the "copy as path" you show is accessed by holding down the shift key while right clicking.

This link will take you to a web page with details and a download set up to add copy name and/or copy path to the context menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/128797-how-add-copy-path-copy-name-context-menu.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have Cygwin installed on my Windows 7 machine but it seems there is a problem with the permissions on the Cygwin folder because it doesn't allow me to copy any files to it, i get "access denied" every time i try. I tried to change the permissions from the folder properties but it doesn't allow me to save the settings. I tried different copy programs, also Robocopy, but still getting "access denied".

Any solution for this?

A:I can't copy a file - "Access Denied"

Are you on an admin account?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371637-i-cant-copy-file-access-denied.html
Relevancy 86.43%

i'm attempting to installl windows xp professional (with service pack 3) x86 CD VL

but during the installation i got a message: "setup cannot copy the file driver.cab"

i kept pressing enter to have it retry, but it wouldn't work, so i went ahead & skipped the file

all the other files were installed properly & windows xp is setting up now...

now i understand i need driver.cab to be able to set up a home internet network initially so i'm just wondering is there any other way i can get the file & manually add it to my pc?

i also don't understand why the file wouldn't copy, i had previously ran DBAN (DBAN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) on the HD to wipe it off completely before installing a fresh version of windows xp

the cd is not scratched at all

A:"setup cannot copy the file driver.cab"

try using another OS-cos you may not be sure if it contains some scratches--when it reaches that point [it asks you to retry] try ejecting the OS when it reaches that point if you have some methylated spirit try wiping it with some on a soft cloth---return the OS and press ENTER to retry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-cannot-copy-the-file-driver-cab-605132.html
Relevancy 86.43%

copying from NFTS to Fat32 I get a prompt
"Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties?"
the answer (for me) is always yes
is there a way to disable the prompt ?

A:how to disable "Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties?"

This may be caused by the presence of NTFS Alternate Data Stream which cannot be copied to FAT32.

Either format destination as NTFS or use utility like 

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/alternate_data_streams.html

to scan/delete the ADS before copy. From the link above, below are some examples of when an ADS might be created

1. Favorites of Internet Explorer: When You add a Web site link into your 'Favorites', a .url file containing the url and description is created. However, if the Web site also have an icon (favicon), the icon is saved as alternate stream for the same url file.
The stream name of the icon is :favicon:$DATA
2. Downloaded files of Internet Explorer: When you download and save a file with Internet Explorer, it automatically add a zone information for the saved file. This zone information is used for identifying the file as downloaded file from the Internet. The
stream name in this case is :Zone.Identifier:$DATA
3. Summary information of files: When you right-click on a file in Explorer and go to the 'Summary' tab, you can add summary information for the file, like title, subject, author, and so on. This summary information is also saved into alternate stream. The
stream name in this case is SummaryInformation:$DATA.

In addition to the legitimate usage of alternate streams, this technique may also be used by Viruses/Trojans/Spywares for saving data and hiding it from the user.

In the case of files downloaded from the internet you could also try the methods in the link below to remove the zone identifier

http://www.howtogeek.com/70012/what-causes-the-file-downloaded-from-the-internet-warning-and-how-can-i-easily-remove-it/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/11436970-c209-4584-ae67-86e13e74637e/how-to-disable-quotare-you-sure-you-want-to-copy-this-file-without-its-propertiesquot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a new clean install of Win 10 but it only allows me to open one copy of File Explorer. My understanding is that you can open as many File Explorer as I like.
I choose Start and File explorer and after the first open file nothing happens.
BUT
Just found out that if I click on FIle and Open new window in an open File Explorer it works. Has Win 10 made a change?

Thanks

A:Win 10 "File Explorer" can only open One copy

After you open File Explorer, right click the icon in system tray and then click on File Explorer in that small window and it will open a new window. You can keep opening as many as you want. After you have a few open put the curser over the icon and it will show a thumbnail of all the open windows and you can click on the one you want to use.

Jim

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/56442-win-10-file-explorer-can-only-open-one-copy.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Well, that's it really.

I'm using Excel 2007 and when I right-click on a cell or row, the "cut" and "copy" options are greyed out. I can still work using the toolbar menus and icons, or the shortcut keys, so it's not a big problem, but I'm not comfortable with the context menu not working properly.

This happens in all workbooks, including brand new ones. I've looked through the Excel Options but can't find anything.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: "Cut" and "Copy" greyed out in Excel's context menu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cut-and-copy-greyed-out-in-excels-context-menu.953348/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello there when the desktop loads up I get this strange message quot Open With Choose the program you want to use to open this file File Media quot Does anyone have any ideas why I have a screenshot of the programs which run at startup I have a HiJackThis log With: ?" bit, 7 32 when "Open Media" up comes Windows loading "File: if it helps Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Program Files Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe C Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Media Centre AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Windows system mspaint exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files HiJackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO RoboForm BHO - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Bing Bar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll - - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext d... Read more

A:Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up

There must be an error with one of the startup settings.
Please use Autoruns by Sysinternals/Microsoft to see more info about Programs loading with your system.
Pay attention to Logon tab.

Looks like for some reason it is trying to load a folder as a file. "Media" is a part of a folder path.
Try to uncheck all values,where Media is a part of the path.

Also, please check for viruses with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Download
or Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/165917-windows-7-32-bit-when-loading-open-file-media-comes-up.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I shut down the computer last night and when I restarted and tried to access the internet I got constant "connection interrupted" messages. I remember that I installed Microsoft.net framework 1.1 yesterday, despite the program's warnings about compatability. So I ran a .net removal utility to no avail, though I'm sure 3.5 is still here.

I called my ISP for support and we tried several things: restoring to an earlier time did no good, but we confirmed that there were no problems with my IP, ping-ing any website or releasing/renewing with ipconfig. I've tried disabling my firewalls and antivirus software but it makes no difference. I've also scanned my PC with multiple programs (Trend Micro, Malwarebytes, Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool) and it didn't find anything. So I'm a little lost here...

A:Can only access internet in safe mode, constant "connection interrupted" otherwise

Hi this may help if you have not tried it http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...og-corruption/ it should be the same on win 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/can-only-access-internet-in-safe-mode-constant-connection-interrupted-otherwise-460990.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I recently installed Kerio WinRoute Firewall build on my Vista bit SP Upon completing the No / Network "Connection Kerio WinRoute with Interrupted" Access install I instantly seemed to lose my internet connection as well as receiving the following message when "Connection Interrupted" / No Network Access with Kerio WinRoute attempting to open a website in Firefox IE seems to also suffer from this Connection Interrupted The connection to the server was reset while the page "Connection Interrupted" / No Network Access with Kerio WinRoute was loading The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection Please try again Click "Connection Interrupted" / No Network Access with Kerio WinRoute to expand Disabling the firewall will immediately return internet access After doing a little searching I found this seems to be a somewhat common problem however I haven t found a fix as most of the places the issue is discussed it s thrown in with users describing the same problem with other antivirus firewall software I have disabled the Windows firewall so there s no conflict there I ve walked through the software disabling enabling most settings individually to test the affect When the firewall is active I also seem to lose all access to the network can t access the router other computers on the network etc I d really appreciate any help anybody can throw my way nbsp

A:"Connection Interrupted" / No Network Access with Kerio WinRoute

make sure your firewall is allowing inbound access to port 443

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-interrupted-no-network-access-with-kerio-winroute.121388/
Relevancy 85.14%

I really am trying to clear these lists the "Move to" and "Copy to" in the file explorer, but cannot figure it out have been looking different places .  Please help, as most of the folders in those lists dont exist anymore..

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a104a45-c255-4161-b326-a7461f81adf7/clearing-recent-quotmove-toquot-and-quotcopy-to-quot-lists?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.14%

Is it possible to copy a file that's "in use by another program"? That's the error I get when I do try and copy the file in question, and when I use the "unlocker" utility on it that I've got, I can unlock the program that has the file open; but as soon as I do that the file disappears (is deleted)! Not surprising I guess.

Even if this is possible, I know that the file could be changing even as I try to copy it since another program has it in use. But I would like to be able to take a "snapshot" of the file at any given time.

So is it at all possible to copy the file? I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Relevancy 85.14%

I have a wired network hooked up to 5 or 6 computers using a cable internet connection. I'm getting "connection interrupted" frequently when browsing web pages, and I have to usually reload and try again. I'm no expert in networking or anything, but I was wondering if there were any tests I could run to figure out what the source of the problem is (I have a feeling it's signal strength coming into the cable modem).

thanks

A:frequent "connection interrupted" on wired network

I had a similar problem a while back, even went and bought a new modem. ISP insisted it was my fault and my router or some other part of my network to blame. I dealt with this for about 2 weeks (and multiple calls to ISP) before I got a call informing me that there was indeed a problem in my area.

Not saying this is your problem, but sounds just like mine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frequent-connection-interrupted-on-wired-network.799708/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello I am getting the following error when moving files on the same drive or from one to another quot Error Moving File or Folder Cannot remove folder not "directory folder" file or one file left empty" moving "Error is insert folder name here The directory is not empty quot This is fairly common once or twice a month and it occurs usually with folders containing many subfolders when being moved by explorer gui quot Move the selected items quot or ctrl-x ctrl-v Repeated attempts through the same process seems to move the folders but the errors increase as the concentration of stubborn folders increases There are "Error moving file or folder" "directory is not empty" one file left no event viewer logs corresponding to these errors eventvwr msc system or application I would have thought this would be a common problem but extensive searches came up with nothing "Error moving file or folder" "directory is not empty" one file left so either it is rare untroubling to others extremely easy to fix or my search queries suck I am going to run Checkdisk to make sure all is well there and I will repost the likely failure nbsp

A:"Error moving file or folder" "directory is not empty" one file left

Occasionally when I am deleting a file, it is difficult, I have to go through process explorer, search for the thread that is strangely(?) associated with that file in explorer (no reasonable dependencies could be linked, nor is the file being viewed), and kill the thread before deletion.

any thoughts?

Thanks =)
-J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-moving-file-or-folder-directory-is-not-empty-one-file-left.652638/
Relevancy 82.99%

I installed Windows Beta and all my programs again code evaluation to Besically W8 copy W8.1 or on "No" "Yes" It Besically "Yes" or "No" to W8 code on W8.1 evaluation copy runs fine Besically "Yes" or "No" to W8 code on W8.1 evaluation copy most of the time but a few quirks here and there which can be or were mostly ironed out I Besically "Yes" or "No" to W8 code on W8.1 evaluation copy have bought an Amazon copy of Windows Pro and want to use the code in the box to legitimise the current version of windows in a few weeks when Pro is officially released plus with any update it may require Will putting in a Windows Pro code work for it to auto-update to the latest version of Windows via the Windows Update service even though this is the Evaluation copy of Windows Will there be no problems Obviously there will Should I do it OR wait and pay twice as much for a copy of Windows with updates already on the disc and then have to spend another fifty to seventy hours getting my computer and programs and files back to normal with another full re-install remembering every passcode and password and file in the process N B I only ever buy software with DVD discs Always with a hard copy back-up for when pre-WW starts and the plug is pulled from the internet Or will Windows run out in a couple of weeks and force me to buy a copy on the internet only I say this at because I tried to pay for Windows online from my System Properties window Update online and it told me generally that because I am abroad Japan that I cannot buy windows At least not yet not using the English language Microsoft Update Purchasing service words to that effect Will that always be the case because I can use the Windows Pro DVD set I bought already for another PC I am re-building I dont want to use the Windows Pro code on the PC in question if doing so will be a pain in the donkey I would rather save it to use on another PC I am updating fully as I prefer the main PC to have an copy of W from disc less downloads required to update if there will be any issues as there always seems to be with Windows I worry that if I try and use the code on the main PC and it refuses to play then I will have gigabytes of W updates downloads if when I have to reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything again as millions of people have had to do with various versions of Windows over the past twenty years For this PC I would rather install a New purchase of W if there will be problems with putting a W Pro code on W evaluation

A:Besically "Yes" or "No" to W8 code on W8.1 evaluation copy

I would like to know this as well.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/32552-besically-yes-no-w8-code-w8-1-evaluation-copy.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello all,
I have seen posts about this problem but was unable to find an answer. I am running Firefox 3.6.17 on Windows 7 Pro 64x. When downloading files from the Internet I am unable to "Open" or "Open the containing folder", in other words I can't get to the download. I am running the free version of Zone Alarm and use free AVG anti-virus. I don't recall changing anything in those programs recently. It seems like all the sudden I am not able to download content any longer. It has worked fine in the past. This is a homebuilt machine. What would be the things to try, either in the antivirus or firewall if there were setting changes made there? Barring that are there any other things I could try?
Thanks in advance for all the help.
Coal

A:"Open containing folder" and "Copy" greyed

Is there any reason you are still running version 3.6.17 when version 9.0.1 is the latest? Just curious. It could be something that might be causing your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/207186-open-containing-folder-copy-greyed.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey guys wondering if you could shouldn't named file Solved: issue with a be! where Strange it "svchost.exe" shed some light on this issue I ve Solved: Strange issue with a file named "svchost.exe" where it shouldn't be! just restarted my computer and after I login I noticed the quot Computer quot pane with my disks opens automatically I tracked this down to the Autorun entry pointing to quot D Ninja Users Syst mSh ck AppData Roaming Microsoft svchost exe quot now when I examine this file it says that it was previously called EXPLORER EXE and created months ago when I installed the OS I have never known a Service Host process to be in the AppData Roaming folder and the fact it is actually opening quot Computer quot when I run it seems very dodgy I have submitted it to Jottie Online Scanner which checks the file with a multitude of AVs which turned out to be Clean unless this is a valid error or a new virus out in the Wild I have Comodo Firewall running and it has not tried making any connections so I am at a loss as to whether I should delete this or just leave it at just having removed the Autorun entry Input appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Strange issue with a file named "svchost.exe" where it shouldn't be!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-strange-issue-with-a-file-named-svchost-exe-where-it-shouldnt-be.874519/
Relevancy 82.56%

Every time I try to download a file from the internet, I get the message cannot download [file]...the server connection was reset. I'm running windows XP Home and IE v6 (as i can't download 7 yet!). Security suite is Bitdefender Total Security 2008.

I have seen this same issue posted on other boards before but I can't seem to get any of the recommended solutions to work.

Can anyone help?

A:File download issue: Message "The server conncetion was reset"

I think the first thing to address is why can't you down load IE7. Are you running XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) ?

Have you tried another PC ? Could be the site has a problem.

BG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-download-issue-message-the-server-conncetion-was-reset.640907/
Relevancy 82.56%

For a week now my PC has been unable to connect to the internet on Firefox or internet explorer yet I'm still able to use things like msn, steam ,wow and can ping sites in cmd. its not a problem with my network, router or internet provider since i'm able to still use the internet on my laptop.

I have tried the following so please don't post these:
ipconfig /release /renew and /flush dns
checking my browser for proxy
system restoring to before problems started (like a week before)
restarting router (turning it on and off)
scanning for viruses, spy ware etc

The PC is running xp sp3 and is using a wireless adapter

Any advice would be appreciated

A:constant "connection interrupted"

quick note: it's now coming up as "the connection was reset"

and someone help please because this starting to become a big hassle

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/constant-connection-interrupted-420307.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi how can I change this Some background - this may not be the issue I need to solve at Default browser in file" box location for web file" "choose "Browse the end of the day I believe the location is causing crashes since I blew up lots of Library registry values in an attempt to remove them from the OS and I think it defaults to the library page eg shared - file upload and sharing edit stupid editor auto href'd the text bah crashes IE and Firefox not Chrome for some reason possibly because it uses its own code when I click the browse button same for any quot browse quot button that spawns a Default "Browse for file" location in web browser "choose file" box native find-your-file thing It may be something else but Default "Browse for file" location in web browser "choose file" box anyway edit If I disable quot Expand to Current Folder quot in Win Default "Browse for file" location in web browser "choose file" box Explorer the crash does not occur So perhaps it is trying to expand to a folder that is broken I want to keep quot Expand to Current Folder quot on though as I like the feature

A:Default "Browse for file" location in web browser "choose file" box

Hello Silmeria,

It may be best to do a system restore using a restore point (if available) dated before you blew up the registry to see if that may sort this for you. Afterwards, you could use the tutorial below instead to remove libraries without blowing up the registry like that.

Libraries Folder - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/241230-default-browse-file-location-web-browser-choose-file-box.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi, I recently ran sfc just to see if there's something wrong with my 4 years old Compaq Presario CQ40 laptop.

And apparently my 'explorer.exe' is broken??

Should I keep running sfc till it eventually fix it or should I do it manually?

*I uploaded the sfcdetails.txt

A:Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"explorer.exe" issue?

Welcome to Seven Forums Noobs. Are you experiencing issues with explorer? Often if you have customized your system, it will result in a changed explorer.exe. usually SFC will replace it with the original if you run it. Your report seems to be saying the hash of the explorer in your store is incorrect. This may be the result of installing sp1. It's also likely the explorer.exe on your installation dvd is not sp1 unless you installed sp1 from the start, and didn't upgrade to it later.

You can certainly run SFC a couple more times to see if it fixes it, but if you are not experiencing any explorer related issues, I wouldn't worry about it now. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/262417-cannot-repair-member-file-l-24-12-explorer-exe-issue.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey, when I choose to copy a lot of files to another folder, and some of the files already exist, how do I do "No to all"? I only see a "yes to all". I don't want to copy all the files over, and there are too many files to click "no" to

Thanks--hopefully this is possible.

A:How To Say "No To All" On File Copy?

When you go to tag the files for copy use the ctrl key and the left mouse button to highlite what you want by just holding down the ctrl key until the files you want to copy are tagged (Highlited)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-say-no-to-all-on-file-copy.522003/
Relevancy 81.7%

After building a great file of pictures (only 250 Meg), I went to transfer them to a 1 Gig SD Chip for a digital picture frame. Transfer went great but suddenly hits a wall about halfway through. Error message pops up saying, "The directory or file cannot be created." WHAT? After copying all the previous pictures just fine? All the pix are basic jpg files. And there's plenty of space left on the chip. Anybody know what's going on here?

Relevancy 81.7%

I have symptoms Strange rectangles with words like quot COPY quot quot CUT quot quot EXIT quot remains on Windows Screen The only way to words remains screen. on rectangles "COPY" with Strange like Windows remove it is to re-boot WINDOWS This happens after I did those COPY etc actions I am not able to use quot X quot Strange rectangles with words like "COPY" remains on Windows screen. right top to exit the program Then the above rectangle with quot EXIT quot remain on the screen The only way to end the program is to use quot TASK MANAGER quot to end the program I prefer not to do this too often When I leave WINDOWS inactive for long time it stalls I had to re-boot to start WINDOWS I decided to turn off quot Screen Saver quot to see if it is the cause but it did not help I posted at Windows support but was advised to post here Possibly these are results of virus I run AVG FREE every night It usually shows several warnings removed I'm not sure if these symptoms related but they appeared about the same time a month ago My WINDOWS XP is SP maintenance is current Any help is appreciated

A:Strange rectangles with words like "COPY" remains on Windows screen.

Hi,

Please do the following:

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.Disable any script blocking protection
Double click dds to run the tool.
When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.
NEXT

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
Click the Scan button to start the scan
On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/strange-rectangles-with-words-like-copy-remains-on-windows-screen-587820.html
Relevancy 81.7%

OS "DING" I Windows How cutting? when copy/paste sound do or the disable Win -bit Problem whenever I right-click to copy something e g in Word or Excel the computer makes a loud ringing quot DING quot sound like the sound that accompanies the quot idea lightbulb quot going off over someone's head in a cartoon The sound is coming over the outboard stereo speakers NOT the motherboard quot beep quot sound from inside the computer case This quot windows ding quot noise is clearly audible over whatever else might be playing through the speakers like music I'm copying and pasting hundreds of items to verify data and the DINGING sound is more than How do I disable the Windows "DING" sound when copy/paste or cutting? a little aggravating How How do I disable the Windows "DING" sound when copy/paste or cutting? can I turn this feature OFF Already tried Control panel gt Sound gt Sounds Tab gt highlight quot default beep quot gt select quot none quot for sound from drop-down list gt click quot Apply quot This may have done something or not but it did NOT stop the windows quot DING quot from sounding through the speakers every time I cut or copy something Thank you for any assistance Scott

A:How do I disable the Windows "DING" sound when copy/paste or cutting?

You could try going to Control Panel - Personalization - Sounds and set the sound Scheme as None or manually go through each sound and selecting None, then Enable and so on to find out which one it is (in theory it is Move Menu Item or Start Navigation but I can not approve).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/218868-how-do-i-disable-windows-ding-sound-when-copy-paste-cutting.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I have a two-week old custom built desktop with a genuine OEM version of Windows operating Office The 'system' sits on an internal results disk not is of genuine" "This in Cloned windows copy msg SSD and all my documents and files sit on a separate internal disk One aspect of my backup and recovery strategy Cloned disk results in msg "This copy of windows is not genuine" is to create a clone of both disks using Norton Ghost These clone disks sit in one drawer each of my PC and can be easily removed and stored for emergency purposes The idea is Cloned disk results in msg "This copy of windows is not genuine" that if my PC is ever stolen etc I have duplicate disks that I can use in a to-be-purchased PC which will allow me to get back on board quickly I have been using this strategy for years with my prior computer running XP only one internal disk and this Cloned disk results in msg "This copy of windows is not genuine" all worked beautifully However this strategy has appeared not to work with the new computer and has caused a problem as follows I first created a clone of the SSD and that completed without any errors The next day I tried to repeat this and I received a message 'Can't clone while Windows is running ' I realised from this and a bit of exploration that Windows had booted off the clone rather than the SSD In the process the drive letters were swapped but as the drives are different sizes it was clear which was which The guy who built the PC said that this happened because he had not stipulated a disk booting priority in the bios Be that as it may when I now try to start the computer with only the SSD in place the computer goes through a bit of a process regarding my 'personal settings' and ends up displaying a blue screen with the message in the bottom right-hand corner Windows Build This copy of windows is not genuine At this point I can't do anything If I turn off the computer insert the clone copy of the SSD into one of the desktop's drawers so that both the SSD and the clone are connected to the motherboard I can then start the computer However I want the SSD to be the one that boots and the clone to sit off somewhere safe and sound for an emergency First I need to get the SSD working again Any thoughts on how to get the copy of Windows on the SSD recognised as genuine Next I need to sort out the boot priority and then see if a clone of the SSD will boot up if asked to not automatically My worry is that the clone will then show the message that its copy of Windows is not genuine Is this likely If so is there some way to overcome this If not then my recovery strategy is not viable and I'll need to do something else It is not the only thing I do in case of an emergency but I'm super cautious and like the option this aspect offers I hope all this detail is okay I'm not that computer savvy and don't know what detail will help and what detail is superfluous Thanks in anticipation Ann Below are the diagnostic results when I boot from the clone Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -V DHH-TBMM -XGVP Windows Product Key Hash XVNN gLwaZrHSXYHmFdT X q EI Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID A B- D - AAB- D D- C D BBDB Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status ... Read more

A:Cloned disk results in msg "This copy of windows is not genuine"

I dont see an obvious problem with the MGADIAG report....was the report generated when you booted from the SSD that displays the non-genuine notification?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/297042-cloned-disk-results-msg-copy-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I've been getting the infamous Build error every now and then for a few weeks Normally rebooting solves it but it seems to have become resistant to that strategy After running tool MGADiag tool everything seems to be in order The product key matches the one printed on the laptop Thanks for your help Here is the report Script -- php buffer Windows copy Error "Build not 7601 TTS Not genuine" is of This start -- code span "Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine" Not TTS Error style color span style color BB Diagnostic nbsp Report nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color br ----------------------------------------- br span span "Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine" Not TTS Error style color BB Windows nbsp Validation nbsp Data span span style color -- gt br br span span style color BB Validation nbsp Code span span style color "Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine" Not TTS Error nbsp span span style color BB br Cached nbsp Online nbsp Validation nbsp Code span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br Windows nbsp Product nbsp Key span span style color nbsp - - span span style color BB BJ H span span style color - span span style color BB V F span span style color - span span style color BB D MRQ br Windows nbsp Product nbsp Key nbsp Hash span span style color nbsp span span style color BB WiEnVUzpBjUVANOIIjgq EFO I span span style color br span span style color BB Windows nbsp Product nbsp ID span span style color nbsp span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB OEM span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB br Windows nbsp Product nbsp ID nbsp Type span span style color nbsp span span style color BB br Windows nbsp License nbsp Type span span style color nbsp span span style color BB COA nbsp SLP br Windows nbsp OS nbsp version span span style color nbsp span span style color BB br ID span span style color nbsp span span style color BB BA D span span style color - span span style color BB AC span span style color - span span style color BB B span span style color - span span style color BB AB span span style color - span span style color BB D BA span span style color span span style color BB span span style color br span span style color BB Is nbsp Admin span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Yes br TestCab span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br LegitcheckControl nbsp ActiveX span span style color nbsp span span style color BB N span span style color span span style color BB A span span style color nbsp span span style color BB hr nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br Signed nbsp By span span style color nbsp span span style color BB N span span style color span span style color BB A span span style color nbsp span span style color BB hr nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br Product nbsp Name span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Windows nbsp nbsp Home nbsp Premium br Architecture span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br Build nbsp lab span span style color nbsp span span style color BB win sp gdr span span style color - span span style color BB br TTS nbsp Error span span style color nbsp br span span style color BB Validation nbsp Diagnostic span span style color nbsp br span span style color BB Resolution nbsp Status span span style color nbsp span span style color BB N span span style color span span style color BB A br br Vista nbsp WgaER nbsp Data span span style color -- gt br span span style color BB ThreatID span span style color span span style color BB s span span style color nbsp span span style color BB N span span style color span span style color BB A span span style color nbsp span span style color BB hr nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB x br Version span span style color nbsp span span sty... Read more

A:"Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine" Not TTS Error

Hello sj and welcome Is this a first install or subsequent ones from a CD you have?

If it keeps doing it then one suggestion is to contact Microsoft and explain the problem they are usually pretty helpful.

Have a look at this it might help Windows 7 Build 7601 - Error Code 0xC004F063, a month after reinstall - Microsoft Community

sorry didn't add this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267680-build-7601-copy-windows-not-genuine-not-tts-error.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a problem with my laptop and I have no idea what's wrong!
I've had my eMachines laptop with Vista Home Basic (already pre-installed) for over 1 year. But yesterday all of a sudden I am getting a notice that says:: "This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine: build 6002"

The desktop wallpaper turns black all the time, and Windows thinks it isn't genuine! I bought this laptop (pre-installed with Vista Home Basic) at a large national retailer (PC World) so there is absolutely no chance this copy is fake.

I am being asked to "Activate Windows", and I have "0 days to Activate with a Product Key"

I really don't know what to do and why this is happening! Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine-build-6002-vista.933174/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a problem with my laptop and I have no idea what's wrong!
I've had my eMachines laptop with Vista Home Basic (already pre-installed) for over 1 year. But yesterday all of a sudden I am getting a notice that says:: "This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine: build 6002"

The desktop wallpaper turns black all the time, and Windows thinks it isn't genuine! I bought this laptop (pre-installed with Vista Home Basic) at a large national retailer (PC World) so there is absolutely no chance this copy is fake.

I am being asked to "Activate Windows", and I have "0 days to Activate with a Product Key"

I really don't know what to do and why this is happening! Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your time

A:"This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine: build 6002" - VISTA

Hi -

Contact Microsoft for assistance --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/this-copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine-build-6002-vista-494832.html
Relevancy 81.7%

This is sort of odd I'm moving some folders from my laptop's internal HD to an external one actually copy and delete but close stopped copy when has attempting Explorer to working" "Windows enough but with one folder I can't get to first base Just one I haven't had a problem using the drag-and-drop method inside WE for "Windows Explorer has stopped working" when attempting to copy any of the others It doesn't matter whether I click on the folder on the left side directory tree column or the right side quot folders and file quot column Explorer still craps out generating the subject message It then restarts itself The computer is an older Gateway that is maxed out at gigs of ram I was wondering if this might be part of the problem but I don't think so Not when I can successfully do a multi-folder drag and drop several gigs in size I have tried rebooting the system to see if that made a difference it didn't And I've attempted the transfer with no other windows open That didn't make a difference either Finally in order to move the files onto the external drive I opened up a DOS window and copied them over the old fashioned way Once the folder was empty I was able to delete it from within WE But now the new folder on the external drive is behaving in the same screwy fashion as the old one The new folder has a different name from the old one but the same problem has surfaced again If I so much as click on the new folder WE errors out and closes Very strange Makes me think there's something odd about one or more files They copied just fine though and deleted off the internal HD just fine too At this point I'm more curious than anything else Any ideas what could be causing this anomalous behavior

A:"Windows Explorer has stopped working" when attempting to copy

Does sound odd. Standard data folders/files?

Guess I'd run sfc /scannow, chkdsk /r, and/or maybe run some memory tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231623-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-when-attempting-copy.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I used to copy images from my folders onto a CD-R in the CD drive using the options in Windows Explorer. Now when I open folders in "My Pictures" I no longer see that option. The only way I can copy images to disk now is to use DVD+RW disks in the DVD drive. I have no idea why the "copy to CD" command no longer appears.

I also found that when I insert a CD-R into the CD drive and try to drag and drop images onto the CD icon, the computer asks me to insert a disk. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

A:Solved: I no longer see "copy to CD" commands in Windows Explorer

Hello,

First, check this:

Open 'My Computer', right-click on the CD drive, and click on 'Properties', and then the 'Recording' tab..
Make sure that the box 'Enable CD recording on this drive' is checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-no-longer-see-copy-to-cd-commands-in-windows-explorer.678489/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I am helping a friend clean up her laptop and there are a number of issues I can not seem to work out on my own I have Googled the issues she is having re-directs "Not Genuine" browser of issues, copy windows, pad track Suddenly and it seems my only solution is to edit the registry files on Suddenly "Not Genuine" copy of windows, track pad issues, browser re-directs a command line basis which is risky so I figured I would try speaking with you geniuses first She has a Compaq Presario CQ which came with a legitimate copy of Windows She even kept the sticker on it to the right of the track pad but a month or two ago it suddenly started telling her that she is not running a genuine copy of Windows Her wallpaper is black with a 'not genuine' watermark in the bottom right corner her start menu items are all gone and she gets notices about security center not being able to work until she buys a new copy of Windows Aside from that I have found that using Internet Explorer her default browser to search for Microsoft's Malware Remover tool always redirects to a different web page for some malware trojan removers or Norton's web page etc etc Lastly her Suddenly "Not Genuine" copy of windows, track pad issues, browser re-directs track pad seems to tard out a lot It seems that after a few minutes you are only allowed the very left most half-inch of track pad to move the cursor and anything beyond that to the right just brings up this crappy miniature scroll bar I have installed and updated both Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and run full scans of each in Safe mode as well as the bit version of Microsoft's Malware removal tool Malwarebytes initially showed me registry entries which were determined to be infected and I chose to remove them After that nothing else has showed up in any scans She said this issue started when her kids did something on her laptop I went through her Suddenly "Not Genuine" copy of windows, track pad issues, browser re-directs programs and uninstalled several toolbars including the infamous coupon bar and even what I imagine is a downloading program called Frostwire I'm at a complete loss right now and if someone can help me out at all that would be fantastic Thank you for your time

A:Suddenly "Not Genuine" copy of windows, track pad issues, browser re-directs

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
- **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/suddenly-not-genuine-copy-of-windows-track-pad-issues-browser-re-directs-677976.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello All I started a few weeks ago on the PowerShell programing and I got my answer from here only So am putting up the error that I am getting now to issue "System.Int32") PowerShell value convert "and" type ('Cannot to get some help again Scenario I wrote a script that checks a Folder on a server and counts the number of files in it Then when it finds the resulting number to be more then a specific value threshold it sends up a mail to the required alias To break it all along the portion to PowerShell issue ('Cannot convert value "and" to type "System.Int32") send a mail is generated through DBmail using another PS file In the PS file containing the main checking of number of files I am trying to pass parameters Folder path on the server the Threshold value of number of files Now when I created a job to run this powershell script as amp quot C PowerShell Power PS quot XXXX c Documents and Settings ABC Local Settings Temp IT fails with the error A job step received an error at line in a PowerShell script The corresponding line is ' amp quot C PowerShell Power ps quot XXXX c Documents and Settings ABC Local Settings Temp ' Correct the script and reschedule the job The error information returned by PowerShell is 'Cannot convert value quot and quot to type quot System Int quot Error quot Input string was not in a correct format PowerShell issue ('Cannot convert value "and" to type "System.Int32") quot ' Process Exit Code - The step failed I really can not move forward on this Please help

A:PowerShell issue ('Cannot convert value "and" to type "System.Int32")

Just to add for reference Below is the code for the Power.Ps1 file that I have used :

param
(

[string] $directory_string,
[int] $benchmark

)

$date=get-date
[int]$directory_file_count = 0

# check that the directory exists.
$does_directory_exist = (Test-Path $directory_string)

# if it does, then continue
if ($does_directory_exist)
{

# Check for the number of files on the directory
$directory_file_count = (get-childitem $directory_string -name -recurse).count

# If number of files exceeds the limit, send mail to notify

if($directory_file_count -gt $benchmark)
{
& "C:\Powershell\DB_mail.ps1"
$subject= "XXXX"
$body= "XXXX"

}

else

{
$subject= "XXXX"
$body= "XXXX "
}

}
else
{
$subject = "XXXX"
$body = " XXXX"
}

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286369-powershell-issue-cannot-convert-value-type-system-int32.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I've looked all over the internet in attempt to find a solution to a problem that's just affected my computer and I haven't been More Are Access From Files"/"Attempt To Invalid No "There Issue Address" able to find anything that relates specifically to the problem I'm encountering This hit my computer without warning I switched it on this morning and it worked as normal all of a sudden things started to freeze up I restarted the computer and now a lot of programs are refusing to open - Microsoft Office among others states quot Error There Are No More Files quot whilst other programs such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer state quot Attempt to Access From Invalid Address quot even when I am running them from their root folders I am running a Dell Latitude with Intel Core Duo T GHz M L Cache "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue MHz Dual Core GB DDR - "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue SDRAM DIMMS Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X and am obviously using "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue Windows XP I have scanned my system with Avast Antivirus which didn't state that there were any viruses so I am stuck as to what exactly the problem is I'd really appreciate some help in figuring out what has happened thankyou so much for your time in reading this

A:"There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue

I am having the same problem on the same exact hardware. i don't think it could be a hardware issue, but i could be wrong. i have tried repairing windows with no success. i'm thinking the only option is to reinstall windows completely.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/there-are-no-more-files-attempt-to-access-from-invalid-address-issue-302284.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have an issue with the "Velocity Scale" under "Brush Tracking" in Painter X while using my Wacom Intuos 3. My Wacom Properties are set to the the default. All of the other scales in "Brush Tracking" are pretty dynamic all across the board but the "Velocity Scale" only moves between 0 and 3. I managed to get it up to 4 one time but I don't know how. It looks like it should be able to reach 100 and the farthest its gone up to is 4.

What does this mean? What is the "Velocity Scale"? Is it supposed to be acting this way or is my pen or tablet broken? If so, is there anything I can do to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-velocity-scale-under-brush-tracking-in-painter-x.796687/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I Issue No Invalid Are From Access Address" "There To Files"/"Attempt More ve hit a problem with Windows XP I ve looked around and I haven t been able to find anywhere which offers a "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue potential solution so I really hope somebody here can help This hit my computer without warning I switched it on this morning and it worked as normal I was using Google Chrome in order to browse websites that were free of spyware the Guardian at time of crash all of a sudden things started to freeze up I restarted the computer and now a lot "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue of programs are refusing to open - Microsoft Office among others states quot Error There Are No More Files quot whilst other programs such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer state quot Attempt to Access From Invalid Address quot even when I am running them from their root folders As I ve stated I am running a Dell Latitude with Intel Core Duo T GHz M L Cache MHz Dual Core GB DDR - SDRAM DIMMS Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X and am obviously using Windows XP I have scanned my system with Avast Antivirus which didn t state that there were any viruses so I am stuck as to what exactly the problem is Thanks for reading I really hope that somebody can help nbsp

A:"There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-are-no-more-files-attempt-to-access-from-invalid-address-issue.759140/
Relevancy 81.27%

Dear All,
I have a problem about the Windows 7 Professional with 64Bit. When doing "delete, rename and copy" from desktop, need to press F5 to refresh the icon.
I should be grateful if you could help to solve this problem.
Best Regards,
Alfred.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9d2fa7ba-388f-4346-ae90-b3998d847182/windows-7-professional-64bit-desktop-quotdelete-rename-and-copyquot-not-refresh-need-to-press?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi everyone. I have an interesting issue. I have someone's Outlook Contacts configured to file contacts as lastname, firstname. However, when they create a new contact and enter the person's name in the Name field the File As field shows it as firstname, lastname instead of lastname, firstname. This is how it looks:

Name: John Doe
File As: John, Doe

Any thoughts on how to fix this one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-contacts-file-as-issue.956169/
Relevancy 81.27%

I guess I am not the only one having this problem Hope you can help me Windows not of Error genuine" 0x8004fe22: "Copy with this one Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -R RFG-WQ D-VCXJM Windows Product Error 0x8004fe22: "Copy of Windows not genuine" Key Hash iSgOuvQukjv Error 0x8004fe22: "Copy of Windows not genuine" S gxpShriLcYMcY Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID BE A B -C C - A-A D- B C EAB Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt BE A B -C C - A-A D- B C EAB lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -VCXJM lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt XPS lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt FX lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA SLP channel Activation ID e a a-f f - -b bd-ba e a d f Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key VCXJM License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time PM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x FE HrOnline N A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output Tampered File systemroot system slui exe slui exe mui COM Registration HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current OAAAAAIAAgABAAEAAAAFAAAAAgABAAEAHKISnusJXK Swnx OgEMeJ U J Re... Read more

A:Error 0x8004fe22: "Copy of Windows not genuine"

To confirm that the problem is what I think it is, please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt window and post the results.

REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{EE574957-4077-4AD6-8658-327C2C86C5AA} /S
REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{EE574957-4077-4AD6-8658-327C2C86C5AA} /S
REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{EE574957-4077-4AD6-8658-327C2C86C5AA} /S
Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/369814-error-0x8004fe22-copy-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I've read a few threads running CHKDSK C R and SFC SCANNOW as suggested for other issues No errors stuck their heads up I ran some other things that I'm honestly too tired to remember but even not Windows 0x8004fe22: "Copy of Error genuine" when it seemed the validation was fixed it would come back Even now when the Error 0x8004fe22: "Copy of Windows not genuine" poppup occurs in my system info it tells me Windows is activated So I figured instead of continuing to try out random fixes I'd post my info and have more knowledgeable eyes take a look Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- WGA Data-- gt Error 0x8004fe22: "Copy of Windows not genuine" Validation Status Genuine Validation Code Cached Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -PGT C- KD- W Windows Product Key Hash aV uNYFoD TSoVOl ildGR O M Windows Product ID Error 0x8004fe22: "Copy of Windows not genuine" -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID DCB C- DC- A - D - FA F D Is Admin Yes TestCab x WGA Version N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x WGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt DCB C- DC- A - D - FA F D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - W lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Alienware lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Aurora-R lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Alienware lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt A F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ALWARE lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ALIENWRE lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID d c e -c dd- -b f -f f d d Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key W License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm ... Read more

A:Error 0x8004fe22: "Copy of Windows not genuine"

Hi Tactical,
I see your running ASC 8.1 as your AV, are you sure
ASCU is the AV option.
If you are running either version have you run the registry clean-up/optimise option.
IF you have please go back into it and use the restore function, and see if the Non Genuine problem is still present.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378806-error-0x8004fe22-copy-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Tried searching for the answer...my Lenovo x230 has a partitioned 13gb. It says you can recover this disk space if you create recovery media; however when I do that it says..."Windows 7 only allows one copy of the operating system." Anything that I can do? I actually don't even plan on recovering the space but just want a backup in case the partitioned drive fails.

A:Can't create recovery media "Windows 7 only allows one copy"

Hello.

Just create an image to use, have a look through the information in this tutorial at the link below for some additional ideas and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Imaging with free Macrium

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248428-cant-create-recovery-media-windows-7-only-allows-one-copy.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Could anyone explain why i suddenly (i really don't know what i did wrong) i get at startup a not-to-remove installer, trying to install "copy" and then the message "wait while windows configures Copy" and then the fault internal error 2908?
I just installed everything new, WinXP prof, and it ran fine a few days. I only today installed Zonealarm pro. Could that be it?
PLEASE HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/annoyng-windows-installer-trying-to-install-copy.192432/
Relevancy 81.27%

Okay I have read about this problem so much and the first thing everybody say's asks is quot is your copy of windows legit quot YES yes is it then the next quot fix quot anyone tells you is quot just call microsoft and activate over before windows this with "you can logon" copy microsoft you of must activate the phone quot i just want "you must activate this copy of windows with microsoft before you can logon" to get that out in the open because both of those are non issues' decided to to a mass cleaing of my HD about a month ago so i "you must activate this copy of windows with microsoft before you can logon" formatted the drive and reinstalled window's everything seems to go fine until it brings me to the welcome screen for the first time try to click on the admin account to log on and i get the error quot you must activate this copy of windows with microsoft before you can log on quot okay so thats no big deal i guess so i go ahead and try to activate the sequence of events here is always the same i have tried this times now click on activate now and windows tries to bring up the activation screen but its blank and the computer locks up okay so i power down and try again same msg comes up but this time it shows me something to read all the usual info except for the device ID hmmm try to activate through the internet and it does not recognize my onboard nic so i power down boot into safe made get the driver for the nic installed and i have internets okay so i power up go to the activation screen and it will let me activate over the net mmmmkay so i go ahead and try to logon and i get the same error as before but this time i open the activation screen and it says i'm already activated and brings me back to logon screen with the same msg ive tried everything i can think of except changing the registry for the activation work around i'm puzzled as to why that would be the issue because this is a clean install with no other hardware changed furthermore i am using the same xp install disc and code that i used when i had origanally built the pc everything went flawlessly ram has been tested with memtest no errors also hd has been test with multiple software no problems there either any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:"you must activate this copy of windows with microsoft before you can logon"

Welcome to TSF

Either phone Microsoft and ask for assistance or format and reinstall again. Possible hiccup in the install as I see it too often. You cannot lose nothing as you are not even into the system yet.

Quote:

Okay..... I have read about this problem so much and the first thing everybody say's/ asks is "is your copy of windows legit?" YES yes is it then the next "fix" anyone tells you is "just call microsoft and activate over the phone" i just want to get that out in the open because both of those are non issues'

So what did they say?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/you-must-activate-this-copy-of-windows-with-microsoft-before-you-can-logon-446458.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I'm trying to install Windows bit to HP dc Ultra slim desktop PC from USB flash drive since PC hasn't got CD DVD drive At the partition selection step I get message quot Windows cannot copy files to this disk quot I've already googled a lot and read this forum topics but still can't overcome this issue I've tried the following format files "Windows Yet this to cannot copy message another disk" HDD and create partition table with DISKPART via win disk command promt format HDD and create partition table with GParted creating to primary patition GB NTFS ' quot WIN quot and GB NTFS quot DATA quot wipe all data from HDD writing random data create bootable USB flash with different tools Windows USB DVD Download tool Novicorp WinToFlash memtest both Yet another "Windows cannot copy files to this disk" message operating memory modules x GB for passes leave only one module connected to motherboard with each reset CMOS setting in ways via BIOS removing power cable and CMOS battery pushing CLR CMOS button on Yet another "Windows cannot copy files to this disk" message motherboard set HDD as the first boot device but nothing helped I've searched in BIOS for different HDD emulation modes AHCI IDE but the only present setting present Storage - gt Device Configuration - gt Hard Disk SATA Emulation type Hard Disk None Multisector Transfers Disabled Translation Mode Off Automatic Bit Shift LBA Assisted User What can I do Your help is appreciated UPD Tried removing USB flash key and refresh Yet another "Windows cannot copy files to this disk" message the partition list in partition selection menu Didn't help Checked HDD with built in HP DPS selft test tool in BIOS

A:Yet another "Windows cannot copy files to this disk" message

Work through these steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/327638-yet-another-windows-cannot-copy-files-disk-message.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello all. I have a Samsung Ultrabook with a 128GB SDD. I put my Win 7 64 bit on a thumb drive, and ran the installer. I deleted the existing partitions (including the OEM hidden for recovery). I ended up with on 119GB unallocated drive, and clicked next. It progressed to the "copying 0%" window, followed by a "cannot format partition 0 - error 0x80070057".

After searching for a few hours and landing here, I tried the clean all routine. When I get to the clean all command, I get "DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error".

I gave up, booted to Acronis, and restored the original drive image - which worked.

But, the fact remains, I cannot get a "clean" retail copy of Win7 on this system.

Any ideas?

A:cannot get a "clean" retail copy of Windows 7 on this system

Quote: Originally Posted by erkme73

Hello all. I have a Samsung Ultrabook with a 128GB SDD. I put my Win 7 64 bit on a thumb drive, and ran the installer. I deleted the existing partitions (including the OEM hidden for recovery). I ended up with on 119GB unallocated drive, and clicked next. It progressed to the "copying 0%" window, followed by a "cannot format partition 0 - error 0x80070057".

After searching for a few hours and landing here, I tried the clean all routine. When I get to the clean all command, I get "DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error".

I gave up, booted to Acronis, and restored the original drive image - which worked.

But, the fact remains, I cannot get a "clean" retail copy of Win7 on this system.

Any ideas?

Here is what the error means. 0x80070057 - Download Error 0x80070057 Diagnostic Software It sounds to me as if the information on the thumb drive is bad. You should get a second copy of the thumb or try burning on a DVD at no more than 4x. Get your ISO from here. http://www.mydigitallife.info/offici...digital-river/

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/263526-cannot-get-clean-retail-copy-windows-7-system.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I purchased my laptop from a pawnshop about months ago The gentlemen stated that he had his IT Tech wipe the laptop then load of genuine" w/o not "This initiating anything copy Rcvd: Windows it with Windows Ultimate Since I purchased it from a pawnshop the laptop only came with a power supply This past Wednesday I was working on various documents then took a dinner break and when I Rcvd: "This copy of Windows not genuine" w/o initiating anything logged back into my laptop I received a pop up stating something about my copy of windows is not genuine and I may be a victim of counterfeit and that is when I seen Windows Build This copy of Windows is not genuine in Rcvd: "This copy of Windows not genuine" w/o initiating anything the lower right hand corner of my screen I have ran AVG Malware as well as SUPERAnti-Spy Ware which did not find anything relevant and then re-booted by system and I am still receiving the same message I have conducted a System Restore to a restore point one week from Wednesday When that did not fix anything I then undid the System Restore I am not sure what else I can do or what is wrong I would greatly appreciate any troubleshooting advice ideas or insight as to why this is happening and how I can fix it I have included the MGADIAG report results as well Thank you Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c a Windows Product Key - -YG F- M D-PMJBM Windows Product Key Hash kehptF HHVxM d dUnqgcfndXw Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID A E E - E- BF - - CAB E Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt A E E - E- BF - - CAB E lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -PMJBM lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt TOSHIBA lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Satellite L lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt INSYDE lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F A F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC-MPC lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt l... Read more

A:Rcvd: "This copy of Windows not genuine" w/o initiating anything

Quote:
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-YG69F-9M66D-PMJBM
Partial Product Key: PMJBM
License Status: Notification
Notification Reason: 0xC004F200 (non-genuine).

Hi,

I'm afraid your copy of Windows is a counterfeit one using the stolen LENOVO key.

You will need to purchase a genuine Windows 7 installation, and then format the hard disk and reinstall and activate using this genuine version.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/281840-rcvd-copy-windows-not-genuine-w-o-initiating-anything.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I get the error message "Copy of Windows not genuine" after I recovered my windows installation.
I have a perfectly legit copy and it has been activated (and worked fine) before on the same pc.

I ran chkdsk and it seemed to be fine.
I also ran sfc/scannow. - It said it found corrupted files. However, I don't know what to do with that info. See the attached log file with the results.

I know I can do a Repair Install, but I thought there may be a way of fixing it before I go that route.
Details about the computer:
Acer Aspire AS1830T-3730 laptop
Core i3 - 1.2GHz
4GB DDR3 SD RAM
WD Caviar Black 750GB
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - (retail re-installed)

A:Error 0x8004fe22: "Copy of Windows not genuine" - even though it is.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
- **in your own thread**, please
Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell - Home

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/202068-error-0x8004fe22-copy-windows-not-genuine-even-though.html
Relevancy 81.27%

After I did some cleanup of malware on my computer this shows in an overlay on my desktop Windows Build genuine" not corner of Seeing windows is copy at right bottom "This This copy of windows is not genuine Here Seeing "This copy of windows is not genuine" at bottom right corner is the data from MGADT Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - - VJC -XBBR -HVTHH Windows Product Key Hash k l EMDQdwK OvdCkPtHG YdosE Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type KMS Client Windows OS version ID BD - F C- AB - D- BA D EC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX Registered Signed By Microsoft Product Name Windows Enterprise Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error T - Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt BD - F C- AB - D- BA D EC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -HVTHH lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt U lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt BET WW lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt LENOVO lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TP- B lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content U BMRwEAAAAAAQAACAAAAGZHAAAAAAAAYWECAID DGU NHNAROJf ybj SsIEe hMh DOGTkEM p KCW iGj igZDic D y j XgXdNEZ Nq WKtgGaCWpNbd KPX ep VgzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WN aAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy Ou rH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAx dZsx s sxaQSZh DCEuBHF lc eyFtOt fJto CNgCVRC qJ L qghSTrV BN zkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDD OQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfs N jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb s tzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgM Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Enterprise edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R VOLUME KMSCLIENT channel Activation ID ae ee - b - c -acb - d A... Read more

A:Seeing "This copy of windows is not genuine" at bottom right corner

The installed Key is a KMS Volume License Key - which requires a dedicated KMS Server within the isuing organisation.
The installed edition is Enterprise - which is not available to the public.
You should reformat and reinstall with the licensed version of Windows, or contact your System Administrator for assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267627-seeing-copy-windows-not-genuine-bottom-right-corner.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi! I've bought my DELL Inspiron 3520 on Dec 2012 with pre-installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64/x86 version. In March 2013, it gave error "build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine". So, I searched & get solution on this forum about "rearm" command. This fixed all my prob. at that time. Now, on August 10, 2013 I installed Windows Updates. It was all O.K. till now when I switched on my laptop today, the same error about windows not genuine appears again. But I'm avoiding that "rearm" command coz it has 3-4 times limit. Now, I can't find a reliable way to fix this. If updates are causing this issue(I don't know) I swear I don't let it ever update again. Pls. help me... I don't know anything about windows but am capable to follow any guide by xperts correctly. Pls. help me...
Pleeeeaasee:crying:

A:"build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine"

Please post this report - Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/301895-build-7601-copy-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hope this query is in the right section -tried to use my LDS 1881 England Census CDs last night - but having problems with the Viewer.

I have V4 which up to now has worked perfectly - tried to re-install it
and I keep getting "Failed to extract file "Dll_ini" from binary table"
error message.

BUT no problems on my laptap which has the Viewer installed from the
same CD.

Have had a few problems with computer of late - it was in the workshop
3 weeks ago because of some corrupt Windows files - could that be the
problem?

Grateful for any advice, suggestions as to what to do!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-error-failed-to-extract-file-dll_ini-from-binary-table.354576/
Relevancy 81.27%

XP Home installed SP recently which MIGHT have something to File/Print to added As" menu -also: "FTP question Sharing Locations" "Save do with this Just saved two word docs and a bmp file all separately All three times I saw that a new location has been added to the Save As drop-down menu It didn t open to My Documents folder but was in the general folder list of the whole computer The location was called quot FTP File Locations quot It s never appeared on the Save As menu before This made me think of the file print sharing control which "FTP Locations" added to "Save As" menu -also: File/Print Sharing question is now located in the Windows Firewall but I don t use that Firewall I turned it off to use Norton What was FTP Locations And is there any way to disable file print sharing without using the Windows Firewall These may be the same "FTP Locations" added to "Save As" menu -also: File/Print Sharing question thing I don t know Also in Network Connections I thought I d find file print sharing control there but now XP wants me to run a whole Network Wizard thing I m afraid I ll somehow set up a network instead or enable all kinds of things I don t want to create a disaster here My son installed an FTP program months ago for work he was doing but the program was removed I just searched for it it s definitely gone This is a stand-alone non-networked home computer P S I saved another Word doc and now it s back to opening to My Documents folder as usual now I can t find the FTP Locations anywhere nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-locations-added-to-save-as-menu-also-file-print-sharing-question.281451/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi every one,
I have Intel "DG31" and "core 2 do"
Program hangs, when i try to open or save as a file In "excel-2003" and "corel draw9" and "WILCOM Es9"
and in task manager it shows ?not responding?
But when i try to open it by clicking on the file using windows explorer it works quite well.
Earlier i used same programes on the "865glc" and "2.4" there was no problem,
I have also tried many Intel computers to trace the problem
i found the problem on every computer that was build on the motherboard later then Intel 865
Now what to do?
Mohammad Imran

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/program-hangs-when-i-try-to-open-or-save-as-a-file-in-excel-and-corel-draw9-and-508343.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I installed some software to assist me in converting .pdf docs. I didn't keep the name of the software but did uninstall it via control panel.

I now have mulitiple "File" menu entries: 29 entries between "open" and "save". The entires are all idenical, "Open PDF"

Nothing happens when I click on them. How can I remove them from my "File" menu?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mulitiple-file-menu-entries-open-pdf-in-word-2003.811408/
Relevancy 80.41%

Last week I had to re-install 7 Pro 64Bit, it activated just fine & I did all my updates. Yesturday I was just configuring some settings, nothing drastic & shut down for the night. As the comfuser was shutting down, I noticed down in the R-corner of the screen, the attached message.

When I go into the Comfuser's Properties & look under Windows Activation, it states:
Status Not Available
Product ID: Not Available

Of course, MS was no help; so does anyone know what is going on?

A:"This copy of windows is not genuine" message

Hi,

In order to completely troubleshoot Windows validation & activation issues, please perform the following:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

More info: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/253605-copy-windows-not-genuine-message.html
Relevancy 80.41%

A couple of days ago, my laptop which is a few months old, started showing the message on my desktop Windows 7 Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not Genuine" and was asked to validate my Windows. My Windows 7 was pre-installed by the manufacturer and I do not have a key to validate it ? I have not had any issues with it so far. I have double checked for any malware etc, no viruses present. I checked other forums and saw the "removewat" option but I didn't want to risk doing this as my copy is genuine thank you for any help !

A:How do I remove "This copy of Windows is not Genuine"

You should have a COA sticker on the bottom of your laptop or under the battery, with your key. No laptop is sold without one.

Product Key Number for Windows 7 - Find and See

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/277180-how-do-i-remove-copy-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi I just updated Windows Ultimate -bit to Service Pack and now my computer is saying quot Window Build This Copy of Windows is not Genuine quot message Can anyone help Thanks in advance of Ult. update after SP 7 Windows genuine" copy Win not "This is 1 Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c ab Windows Product Key - -X GV-V DCV-P K Windows Product Key Hash aU z fnhnLHmhBm qYZT E s Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID F FEEB- E "This copy of Windows is not genuine" after Win 7 Ult. SP 1 update - -B CF- C EC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp "This copy of Windows is not genuine" after Win 7 Ult. SP 1 update gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt F FEEB- E - -B CF- C EC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -P K lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt QA lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID cfd - a - af -af -ff d b b c Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key P K License Status Notification Notification Reason xC F non-genuine Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time PM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline xC C AB HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version... Read more

A:"This copy of Windows is not genuine" after Win 7 Ult. SP 1 update

Is this for the HP Pavilion in your specs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/299295-copy-windows-not-genuine-after-win-7-ult-sp-1-update.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I downloaded the new Windows Media Player 11 on my computer and installed it, when the "first time setup" thing asked me to chose my settings, i did, but then it told me that the program couldn't run because I'm not using a genuine copy of windows. so now i want to go back to using WMP 10, but when I run the installation for 10, it sais it cant be done because i already have a newer version installed. anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 80.41%

My Win 7 Dell XPS has been in and out of the hospital for 3 months. First due to a failed hdd and then a bad video card slot on the mobo (which required a new Dell mobo). Just got it back tonight. All seemed well and the system booted to Windows with my previously applied desktop wallpaper. I just went to the desktop and it's black with a note in the bottom right corner that says...
Windows 7
Build 7601
This copy of windows is not genuine.

First computer shop put a new copy of Windows on a new hdd and I never got this message for 3 months.
The shop where I just picked it up, replaced the mobo. Now I'm getting the message the copy of windows is not genuine. Is MS sending out the Windows Police? Will my system go up in a puff of smoke? What do I do?

A:"This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine" :o Whaaaaat???

Hi monica,

Could you please go to this page and do the steps and post back here?

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Kind regards

Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387346-copy-windows-not-genuine-o-whaaaaat.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have read several threads regarding this error message but the solutions seemed varied I found a Trojan on my system that I removed but the damage was done How can I return genuine". is Error "This Windows copy of not to a valid version of Windows as this is definitely valid I ran a MGADiag as it seems to give the indicators but I can't read it Please help Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -QCPVQ-KHRB -RMV Windows Product Key Hash Rj N NLM JqoBO OzgzTZXgbY Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID E A D - BF- - A D-F D B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Error "This copy of Windows is not genuine". Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Error "This copy of Windows is not genuine". File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Enterprise - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E AD EA- - ee E AD EA- - E B - - B D AA B- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users Michelle Weatherby AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E A D - BF- - A D-F D B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -RMV lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Studio lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt C C FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt CL lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt FE E EA DD lt Val gt lt Hash gt eQO rqSEW PLOje ZUSZK VeY lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot ... Read more

A:Error "This copy of Windows is not genuine".

There is nothing amiss in your report - are you still seeing the non-genuine messages??
Please attempt validation at www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate using Internet Explorer.

Your Office installation, though, is probably non-genuine unless you acquired it through your employer or college.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/256197-error-copy-windows-not-genuine.html