Windows Support Forum

Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows

Q: Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 88.04%

Hello everyone I have this issue value half the installed shows Memory that Memory shows half the value installed no matter how much ram i have installed it only shows half on my Windows bit system when i bought it it had gb installed but i could only use so i installed GB more from my old computer which had DDR ram as well but now it shows Usable with GB installed in BIOS it also shows thousand something and showed k something with only the original parts and yes i'm sure i run a bit system and not a bit as it says so below how much ram i have installed and can use anyone know what causes this and knows how i can fix it had blue screen - times now cause to much memory was used and its bugging me so to speak any help would Memory shows half the value installed be great i will call the support over the new year tho but would be great to get help if anyhone know why you can see my specs on my profile Thanks Jade

A:Memory shows half the value installed

Quote: Originally Posted by Jade

Hello everyone,

I have this issue that no matter how much ram i have installed it only shows half on my Windows 7 64 bit system.

when i bought it it had 4gb installed, but i could only use 1.99,
so i installed 2GB more from my old computer(which had DDR3 ram as well) but now it shows 2.99 Usable with 6GB installed.

in BIOS it also shows 3 thousand something. and showed 2k something with only the original parts.

and yes i'm sure i run a 64bit system and not a 32bit as it says so below how much ram i have installed and can use.

anyone know what causes this and knows how i can fix it? had blue screen 2-3 times now cause to much memory was used. and its bugging me so to speak.

any help would be great. i will call the support over the new year tho, but would be great to get help if anyhone know why. you can see my specs on my profile.

Thanks,

Jade

Jade Hi and welcome

Nice post. You may have a setting in bios called max mem. check and it should be unchecked.
Let us know if that doesnt help

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49164-memory-shows-half-value-installed.html
Relevancy 110.08%

hi guys,
i've never had this problem before, my windows 7 used to utilize all my ram, since my hdd crashed and i got a new one i bought extra ram, my motherboard can support up to 16gb ram unbuffered, i have a 64bit windows, i updated my bios, yet my windows still
uses only 4gb of my 12gb ram, and i found that the memory reserved for hardware is an astonishing 8gb, i followed all the guidelines i could find on the forums and still can't fix it, i saw that others encountered this problem asswell, how can i fix this?
any pointers or solutions out there? would installing an older version of windows perhaps solve this problem? like xp pro? thanks in advance
ruan

A:Windows 7 hardware reserved memory way too much!

msconfig, boot tab, advanced options, uncheck the maximum memory if it is limited.
The working and private columns are the actual physical amount used. If you look at the shared, most of the reserved memory could be used by other needs if required.

Your Blackberry app is causing hard faults. RIM.Desktop.exe  Do you have the latest version for Windows 7?

I simply point out that you may never approach using all of the ram. Today's hardware is very powerful. Run the CPU meter gadget and configure it for always on top.
Then multitask as many processes\applications as you can and observe the memory usage. My guess is 30% maximum utilized.

I would not get concerned about how the system utilizes resources unless you find that you are having performance issues. 
You could now run multiple virtual machines simultaneously with all of that memory installed. Do you have a quad core to allocate cores?
Use the rig and have fun.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9946daa7-6cc7-4c67-b4db-d9bc03c63ea6/windows-7-hardware-reserved-memory-way-too-much?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 104.06%

My windows xp 64 bit runs super slow after windows loading sign and it takes me 2 hrs to open up the desktop and transfer 6 images. I use 2 RAM's of 2gb (kingston DDR2). When I opened up BIOS, it showed 640k as base memory and 126m as extended memory.
There are no details under the computer title if I try to check the properties of computer or maybe it is just taking too much time to display. the desktop is fine, my computer still works but takes hours to do a simple task. it all started all of a sudden. Also I would like to know if 'unganged mode' is fine as it is displayed when the system boots. I tried to check another different RAM on the computer, but still no change, so I am confused regarding the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-shows-640k-base-memory-and-126m-extended-memory.183199/
Relevancy 101.48%

ive got 2gb memory but it says here that only 1 gb is usable..can anyone help me with this?

here is my resource monitor

A:Hardware reserved memory need help

Quote: Originally Posted by retryme07

ive got 2gb memory but it says here that only 1 gb is usable..can anyone help me with this?

Attachment 177829Attachment 177831

here is my resource monitor

Attachment 177833

First 2 gigs isnt enough.

In win 7 the OS takes about 1/2 to put into fast cache for when you open an app. I suspect the rest is shared video memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189962-hardware-reserved-memory-need-help.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Ive got a Sony Vaio 64bit laptop dual processor 2.20 GHz. Its been very slow - the computer usage will stay about 70% and memory usage is alwasy >90%?? I looked at resource monitor and:

2300MB hardware reserved
664MB in use
3MB modified
94MB standbye
1MB Free

Currently there is 3GB of RAM installed with only about 700mb free; Im assuming this should be upwards to about 2.3GB free?

What is going on here? Why is the hardware reserved memory sooo high? Im assuming thats why it is slow - there is no free memory. Any ideas?

A:75% of Memory is Hardware Reserved?

Could it be a problem with one of the RAM sticks? Im assuming there is a 2Gb + 1GB stick installed now. If one of these were not working properly, would my system profile still show 3GB or would it show less?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/263282-75-memory-hardware-reserved.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I had 2 gb of ddr3 ram installed before, yesterday i added 2 more gb but the system uses only 3.24 gb and the rest is reserved for hardware. I hope it is used for graphics memory but i have an external graphic card of 1 gb video memory. How to release this memory. I have searched many forums and they suggested to uncheck the maxmemory in msconfig, that didnt work.

Also they asked to enable memory remapping in bios, but my bios doesnt have that option. My OS is windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

I'm attaching the screenshots below.

A:Hardware reserved Memory?

There are a lot of things that can cause this. However since you are on 32 bit windows 3.2 gigs is the maximum it will make use of. This is a limitation in the 32bit system not an actual error per say.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/201202-hardware-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a windows 10 computer that i did a clean install during the free upgrade. Now i went the Task Manager to see that , my hardware reserved memory is 5.5GB. I have a 8GB ram and i can only use 2.5 gb.. How can i fix this?

A:Hardware Reserved Memory 5.5GB

Are you running the 32bit or 64bit Windows? With the 32bit you have approximately 3.571gb roughly to work with out of the first 4gb of memory installed. The rest is simply mapped out to hardwares. The 64bit on the other hand will handle upwards of 128gb of memory in theory.

Running the 64bit 10 Pro here with 16gb installed I see 2.9gb in use at the moment due to having browser windows and a few other startups running while idle it sits at about 1.5gb. The "Hardware Reserved" immediately implies the 32bit Windows where I wouldn't be seeing the 13.1gb available out of the 16gb total here.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/24813-hardware-reserved-memory-5-5gb.html
Relevancy 100.19%

hardware reserved memory on my laptop increased to 4.6gb for no apparent reason.
details: Hp pavillion G6 notebook Processor AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
bios:BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.6A, 13/05/2013
installed physicall memory 6gb total physical memory(usable) 1.48gb which was formerly 5.5gb.
as far as i can tell ive updated all drivers and bios,checked that the maxmemory box in msconfig is unchecked. cant access the locked/hidden options in bios and the regedit page file value change didnt work either. done a system recovery, still no change and i have not opened it because i havnt made any physical changes to it since purchase
any new help will be appreciated

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/hardware-reserved-memory-increased-4611161/
Relevancy 100.19%

hi i have a bit of a problem with memory GB reserved ) ( usable Hardware my laptop My laptop used to have gb ram and still have used and i taught ok its close but today i upgred it to gb ram and still have used what seem to be Hardware reserved memory ( usable GB ) the problem as u can see resource monitor is showing gb hardware resource p s i have tried msconfig ad it is not working here is all u need to know about my laptop System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DESKTOP- KLG GR Operating System Windows Pro -bit Build th - Language Bosnian Latin Regional Setting Bosnian Latin System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP ProBook b BIOS Default System BIOS Processor AMD A - MX APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled Miracast Not Available Microsoft Graphics Hybrid Not Supported DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD G Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Type Full Device Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id SEC A Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Feature Levels Driver Model WDDM Graphics Preemption DMA Compute Preemption DMA Miracast Not Supported by Graphics driver Hybrid Graphics GPU Not Applicable Power P-states Not Applicable Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF-F - BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x C Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf cb ae e bfb f ati mtag Sumo Mobile ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver DA Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C DXVA Modes DXVA ModeMPEG VLD DXVA ModeMPEG IDCT DXVA ModeH VLD NoFGT DXVA ModeVC VLD DXVA ModeMPEG pt VLD AdvSimple NoGMC Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C C - FB - F - - BF EE D Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YU... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/385900-hardware-reserved-memory-usable-gb.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi all.

Been having an issue for a few months now i have 4gb corsair dominator gt ram installed but my system in only showing 1.96gb usable and looking in resource monitor its showing 2091 mb as system reserved
cpu: OctalCore AMD FX-8120, 4000 MHz
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
Module Name Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2133C9
Video Adapter AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3gb)

is this a resolvable issue ive reinstalled and problem is still there

Ive tried booting of one DIMM and it boots fine bios shows 4gb as well im stuck

A:High Hardware reserved memory

I don't think there is anything you can do about it. I had a similar problem with my Dell Precision 370.
had 4GB ram but only 3GB was useable, 1Gb was reserved and could not be changed.

Lots of hits on Google but not fixes I could find.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56641-high-hardware-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi,

So, I upgraded my PC a couple of days ago with 16GB more memory and a 240GB SSD, after installing Win7 Pro, I found that it registered all 20GB but claimed that only (hah only...) 12 were useable. I looked in the resource monitor and found that 8GB are "hardware reserved". Every place I've looked says to go in to msconfig and uncheck a maximum memory box, mine isn't checked. The only other cause I've read about is in the BIOS. Is there anyway to change this? 8GB seems like a lot to be reserved for hardware... Thanks.

Motherboard is an Asrock990FX extreme4 and everything has been switched back to stock speeds.

Relevancy 100.19%

Hey guys. I have an evga p55sli motherboard and a gtx460 graphics card. I have 8gb of memory installed but in win10 and the bios it only shows 4gb usable. When going into the bios it shows 4096 mb available, and in win10 it shows 4gb usable and 4gb hardware reserved. I tried changing settings in the bios and resetting the cmos to see if that would fix it to no avail. I am unsure if it is an issue with win10 or with the bios seeing as the bios is only seeing 4096 mb. I have had this happen before but I have been able to fix it. Is there something I am missing? I'm king of at a loss. I have taken the sticks out and cleaned them but that didn't help either. Any help is good. Thanks guys.

A:Hardware reserved memory issue

Can you please provide a bit more information so that we can help you?

Do you have 2 memory sticks? Which slots have you put them in? Is your Windows 10 a 32bit or 64 bit installation?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39021-hardware-reserved-memory-issue.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hey everyone I bought a Lenovo Z laptop AMD memory issue reserved x64 hardware dual graphics variant last year for some light gaming while on vacation It came with GB stick to which I promptly x64 hardware reserved memory issue added another The system properties showed that only GB of the installed were usable I started with the MSCONFIG maximum memory option updated the bios bought a new x kit of memory even took it from it's preinstalled Win x to pro x thinking maybe the factory installed OS was messed up and I wasn't a fan of Lenovo support insists I have a bit OS installed disc case and system properties dialogue say otherwise the RAM is bad all sticks test fine in another machines and individually in this one and that they can't touch it since it has a different OS on it than factory Also in my testing I've found that it will boot with a single stick in one of the slots but not the other no matter which one it is Any ideas I'm fresh out

A:x64 hardware reserved memory issue

From post #1

Quote:
MSCONFIG maximum memory option

Could you please explain this? What you did where?
If it's what I think you did it should look like this.

Could you give us a full picture of this below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321334-x64-hardware-reserved-memory-issue.html
Relevancy 100.19%

ok heres my issue, and yes ive googled and read through all the posts I could find and nothing has helped.

I just rebuilt my computer, new motherboard and such and it has 6 GB of ram installed but it is only using 2 GB and has 4 GB hardware reserved.

I have went and set the bios settings to memory remapping, I have tried reinstalling windows, I've tried unchecking the msconfig max memory, reseating the ram, and resetting the bios.

In the Systems window it reads that there is Total 6 GB Memory and only 2 GB usable, and in the Bios in the System information it also reads only 2 GB usable memory. The ram sticks arnt new, I took them form my old computer when I did the rebuilt, which are 3 Elipida 2GB 1333 MHz sticks

The motherboard is a Maximus III Gene with bios version 2103
OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

A:Window 7 64 bit Hardware reserved memory

On the basis there may be compatibility issues between your motherboard, RAM and BIOS, have you considered contacting ASUS for support?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Maximus III Gene

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- CPU Support Maximus III Gene Core i3 540(3.06G,L2:4M,IGPU, rev.C2,73W)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/169745-window-7-64-bit-hardware-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Well I've read soooo much about this problem I'm already much hardware - reserved too me.. memory 1282MB seems to got confused As the title mention - I think I've got too much of my phisycal memory allocated to hardware by Win Ultimate bit edition BTW Yes I know there's many posts with this prbolem 1282MB hardware reserved memory - seems too much to me.. - but that part of my problem too I read some articles and I thought I understand my problem and than - I read more 1282MB hardware reserved memory - seems too much to me.. and more and more the more that I've read - the less I can determine where the problem come from I read this and this and this 1282MB hardware reserved memory - seems too much to me.. and this so far and that why I got all confused up So let's start from scratch - I've got a desktop specs AMD Athlon II X processor Mhz MOBO - Gigabyte GA-MA GM-US H - Link here kits of RAM GB each When I open System Properties - It shows in the RAM section - GB installed - Usable Why is this I've got an onboard video card ATI Redeon HD but it takes only MB of the memory Where's the rest of it Here is image from Resource Monitor showing that MB is hardware reserved memory IMPORTANT I've got into this problem because I've just installed GB memory stick in addition to the GB memroy stick I've already got I've checked with CPU-Z and they match Installed them as a dual channel on the blue DIMMs on my MOBO I'll be pleased if someone can sort out the mess in my head about all those memory problem Thanks in advance

A:1282MB hardware reserved memory - seems too much to me..

well i see the problem is because of softwares installed in your system.
do these steps:
1) go to msconfig (type it in start menu) then uncheck any unwanted programs that are running in your startup. place the screen shot of that here so i can help you on that.
2) check your drivers and make sure you have the latest and updated ones
3)check your system with an antivirus

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/273347-1282mb-hardware-reserved-memory-seems-too-much-me.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi all

I'm having an issue with "hardware reserved" memory in Win 7. I followed a guide somewhere to speed up my booting when I was bored and it involved changing the number of cpus used in boot, however after I did this windows only shows 4gb of ram as usable. I undid this change but its still happening!

Can anyone help?

A:Hardware Reserved memory issue ...

Quote: Originally Posted by SBB

Hi all

I'm having an issue with "hardware reserved" memory in Win 7. I followed a guide somewhere to speed up my booting when I was bored and it involved changing the number of cpus used in boot, however after I did this windows only shows 4gb of ram as usable. I undid this change but its still happening!

Can anyone help?

type msconfig in search find the "max memory" and Max cpus" and uncheck them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/62947-hardware-reserved-memory-issue.html
Relevancy 100.19%

This weekend I got home and set my laptop up started playing a game and it froze up on me I didn t think too much of it restarted went on youtube and a Freezing and Hardware Reserved Memory few videos later it hung up again This time however it resumed after a while of stuttering Since then I have had three other hangups Hardware Reserved Memory and Freezing just this weekend that I had to restart from I was looking through my explorer and noticed that Hardware Reserved Memory and Freezing under my System tab it showed my RAM as GB GB usable so I started looking into this I never remember this being this way Under my resource manager it is showing mb reserved for hardware which seems very strange My graphics card is dedicated so I have no clue what would be causing this So my computer is using approx of my RAM all the time just doing basic tasks and it freezes up quite often if i start doing memory intensive things like classwork Googling the issue showed a few people talking about reformatting their computers or remapping their memory in bios I did reformat a few weeks ago but I don t know that the issue stems from there There is no memory mapping option in my bios so that s out I actually decided to reformat again today to see if it helped and this time I completely reset my harddrive instead of just reinstalling windows but it still didn t fix the issue I ve run windows memory diagnostic and it says there is no issue Memtest I had running for about hours last night no errors reported but it lists my memory as MB not MB like it should be If one of my RAM cards were dead would it show up in my System tab Why would that cause it to be under reserved What else could be the cause here Doubting it s software related at this point since I just completely reformatted my computer Win GB RAM ASUS N SV laptop Intel Core Duo GHZ T nvidia M Edit Suppose it may be worth something to mention the reinstalling of windows a few weeks back was due to multiple blue screens messing up my registry

A:Hardware Reserved Memory and Freezing

Memtest86 I had running for about 8 hours last night, no errors reported but it lists my memory as 3017MB, not 4096MB like it should be..Hi -It seems that you are OK with playing a bit with your computer from the post.I would prefer it if you could run Memtest86 with only one stick of RAM installed, and then repeat it.>>it lists my memory as 3017MB, not 4096MB like it should be.. << Do you mean there are 4 sticks of RAM.If one stick is not regestering this will find it, and you can then replace it.Single stick tests should not take quite as long, since a bad one will show up quicker.Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426634/hardware-reserved-memory-and-freezing/
Relevancy 100.19%

My computer has been pretty slow lately, so I when I went to the task manager, I see less than 2gb of RAM(as you can see in the attached screenshot) . I have no idea how to fix this. Any sugestions?

A:Hardware reserved memory issue

Did you install any updates or new video driver around this time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/325047-hardware-reserved-memory-issue.html
Relevancy 100.19%

hardware reserved memory on my laptop increased to 4.6gb for no apparent reason.

details: Hp pavillion G6 notebook Processor AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s) bios:BIOS Version Insyde F.6A

installed physicall memory 6gb total physical memory(usable) 1.48gb which was formerly 5.5gb.

As far as i can tell ive updated all drivers and bios,checked that the max memory box in msconfig is unchecked. cant access the locked/hidden options in bios and the regedit page file value change didnt work either. done a system recovery, still no change and i have not opened the laptop physically,because i have not made any physical changes to it since purchase
any new help will be appreciated

A:hardware reserved memory increased

Welcome to sevenforums,

You should put a screenshot here of your Resources Monitor (memory tab) for some being able to help solving your problem.

See if it helps: Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/402656-hardware-reserved-memory-increased.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I used HP Pavilion G4-2216TU, 2Gb DDR3 RAM, Intel HD 4000, and Windows 8 Pro 32 bit, x64 processor.
The usable memory only 935 Mb, fewer than hardware-reserved that take 1,1 Gb of memory.

Is that normal ? that hardware-reserved took more memory rather than usable ??
please if any explanation for what reason they do that ?

I've check the BIOS, no remapping setting that I can use for.
can I remapping / reduce those hardware-reserved usage in such other way ?
or how can i increase my usable memory close to installed RAM ?
I've not done any change or upgrade since I bought that new laptop, and its seem memory-load is too busy
(I've check with the performance-monitor).

please any assistant will be appraciate.
looking for your replies.

thanks, best regards.
irfan eb.

A:how to reduce hardware-reserved memory usage ?

Some of it is probably used by video. On the other hand 2GB of memory is just too little for today's computers.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/26286-how-reduce-hardware-reserved-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 99.33%

My system Specs Windows Ultimate x HP - t Desktop x Hardware by Physical Memory High Reserved gig RAM sticks DDR Samsung GB Memory RX PC - U MS- Iona-GL E Initial Issues Recently my computer began having problems at startup The computer would load to the windows start up screen black with the spinning balls that combine to the windows icon and then shut itself off Initial Troubleshooting At first I thought this was the PSU which I tried replacing from another computer but this did not change anything Eventually I tried moving around my RAM sticks After moving around the sticks the computer would start up and runs however I have a new problem Current Issue My computer is currently running very slowly Checking resource monitor shows that gigs of my gigs of ram is being reserved by hardware System properties shows High Physical Memory Reserved by Hardware that i have gigs of RAM but only gigs is useable If I go into the Bios I can see that it recognizes the three gig sticks but on a separate line that reads quot Physical Memory installed quot says there is only gigs of RAM Current Troubleshooting Ram Configuration very strange I have identical sticks of RAM and four slots in the mobo I have tried many configurations xxx x xx xx x xxx As near as I can tell the first memory High Physical Memory Reserved by Hardware slot is broken as any stick in that slot will cause the computer to fail to start up In fact the monitor won't even receive a signal That leaves only the xxx configuration for me to try Even though the memory sticks are identical as near as I can tell same product number even the order seems to matter Some orders will boot to the startup screen and then shut down others will fail to boot or even send a message to the monitor However some orders will actually allow the computer to start up fine but all of them give the same issue with available RAM I described previously Even stranger to note is that the computer will boot up just fine with any one of the RAM sticks alone provided it is not in the x slot I have updated reset and re-updated the bios I have gone into msconfig- gt boot- gt advanced options- gt and unchecked the max memory box I have run memtest on every stick in multiple slots no errors My Bios does not seem to support memory remapping I have checked for AGP Aperture size I have checked for RAM compatibility with my mobo it ran for years previous to this incident anyway Disabling Superfetch and restarting

A:High Physical Memory Reserved by Hardware

Hi there and welcome to SF!

Firstly could you provide a screenshot of your task manager showing the exact RAM Usage?

Could you also check in the services list and see if Superfetch or Prefetch are enabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/317464-high-physical-memory-reserved-hardware.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello,
I have this strange issue. When i turn on my pc at first it has half of the memory as "hardware reserved". And when i reboot my device, things go back to normal. It's been annoying for a while, because I have to boot my notebook for 2 times! Here are some screenshots attached which show the situation after the first boot, the second boot and some more information about my system. Thank you!

A:Hardware reserved memory issue (fixes after reboot)

This is typical of the corruption that comes when WIn7 is preinstalled with a boatload of sponsored crapware and duplicate utilities that throttle Win7 native state. HP is the very worst for this.

Most tech enthusiasts prefer to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps in the blue link show you how to get and keep a perfect install if you use only the tools and methods in the tutorial.

At the minimum I would Clean Up Factory Bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270091-hardware-reserved-memory-issue-fixes-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 98.04%

SPECs Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies 32bit Reserved Hardware of (2.5gb WIN Issue 8gb) Usable out Memory 7 LTD PG Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Adapter Description NVIDIA Hardware Reserved Memory Issue (2.5gb Usable out of 8gb) WIN 7 32bit GeForce GT Adapter RAM MB bytes Motherboard nForce i SLI SPP nForce i SLI MCP Hello I've been searching these forums and all over the web for an answer but have found no solutions I've got gb of DDR Ram installed and only gbs of that is available I've attempted to activate PAE but that is no go I've reinstalled each ram alone so see if it were the sticks themselves and still no good The Hardware Reserved Memory Issue (2.5gb Usable out of 8gb) WIN 7 32bit only update for the Bios is years old and I had to do a system restore when I attempted to update it I can't find much info on Nvidia SLI so I'm stumped I run with Windows Home Premium bit and I do know that a certain percentage will be reserved but gbs of ram being held is ridiculous My video card only takes up mb so that doesn't seem to be the issue Any insight would be greatly appreciated

A:Hardware Reserved Memory Issue (2.5gb Usable out of 8gb) WIN 7 32bit

Hi Erriiieeee welcome to SevenForums

The reason you're seeing 2.5GBs is due to your 32-bit OS version of Windows 7 Home Premium . 32-bit OSes dont see anything past 2.5GBs . If you want to see 8GBs you would need 64-bit version of Windows . That would need to be a reinstallation of Windows 7 not an upgrade .

Take a look at the link below to achieve the best solution

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Tip
Please look at Step 1 and 2 in the above tutorial . If you need a 64-bit version of your Windows 7 Home Premium

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/291564-hardware-reserved-memory-issue-2-5gb-usable-out-8gb-win-7-32bit.html
Relevancy 98.04%

So i was trying to play a few steam games lately, and i noticed they were running really slow and weren't loading properly, so i went to investigate what was going on, and then i stumbled on to this

\

So after that i went to the web, To try and figure out solutions, now The First solution i found was to update my BIOS, so i went ahead and did that

Still had the same problem,
So after that, i remeber that i just reinstalled win 7, so i scrounged up my mobos driver disk and installed everything i could

Still nothing, still seeing 13GB as hardware reserved.

Below are a few screens of probbly stuff youll want to see or ask for

Also FUll build can be found here.

Any and all help would be appreciated, Thanks

A:Hardware reserved show Huge amount of memory

In your last screen print it shows you have Windows 32 Bit installed.
You would need to do a clean install with Windows 64 Bit to use all your RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/383820-hardware-reserved-show-huge-amount-memory.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I have two sticks of 4gb PNY RAM (8gb total) installed in an Asrock A75M motherboard, which supports 16GB of RAM. I've already flashed my BIOS, thinking that may be it, but it didn't work.

Windows 7 as well as my BIOS show that 8GB of RAM is installed, but only 3.73 is usable. I have an onboard video card, so 256MB is dedicated to that, which makes sense, but why isn't the other 4GB showing up?

A:Windows 7 64bit shows 3.73GB usable memory with 8GB installed

You need a setting in the BIOS called Memory Remapping.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/212431-windows-7-64bit-shows-3-73gb-usable-memory-8gb-installed.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I have Dell Insprion z15 5523 ultrabook that i used for two years. I never had any problems, but i will reinstall windows for security measures. However i decided to reset it to factory settings first, Now it says that only 280 from 450 GB are free on my memory. How is that possible since nothing is installed except a few movies? Is something wrong or its just me being totally unaware. Once i preinstall the windows will it free more space (not that i need it, just wondering) I am with windows 8 after the reset..

A:My memory is almost half full after reset

Look in your c drive for a Windows.old file if it is there do a disk cleanup and select remove old windows installations..

Windows.old takes up sometimes 100GB

Note - you can not just delete this file unless you boot from a live CD like hirens of ubuntu.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630201/my-memory-is-almost-half-full-after-reset/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi All

I have just finished a new build on a pc with the following specs:

M/B: ASUS P5N-D

Processor: Intel Quadcore Q6600

GPU: Nvidia 9600GT

RAM: 8GB DDR2

S/C:Creative Labs expansion card

The issue I'm having is that, even though both the BIOS and windows recognize that there is 8GB of RAM installed only 3.25 is 'useable'. looking around I've found that just under 5GB is 'reserved for hardware'. I can accept a GB or so being used but 5 is a little over the top.

So far I have:

checked BIOS for 'memory remap' option, which is unavailable.

updated the BIOS.

As it recognises the full 8GB I can safely say the RAM isn't faulty.
Anyone have any suggestions.

A:Solved: Memory Issue in new build relating to 'reserved for hardware'

Only about 3.25 GB RAM is usable on a computer with a 32-bit OS. The solution to your problem is a 64-bit OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-issue-in-new-build-relating-to-reserved-for-hardware.915750/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi Joined today just so I can put this little problem out there and see - is Hardware required.. high Reserved Memory advice/opinions if someone can shed some light on it as it has baffled me somewhat I have gb of RAM installed on Windows -bit I Hardware Reserved Memory is high - advice/opinions required.. know Hardware Reserved Memory is high - advice/opinions required.. that -bit won t allow me to use all of it but I believe I should be able to access at least Gb Anyway I can only use Gb as alot is Hardware Reserved Mb to be precise I could accept that fact if the following didn t happen - this is what is confusing me no end When I remove one strip of RAM I have x gb the memory obviously drops to gb BUT the hardware reserved memory also drops - to MB As soon as I put the other strip back in and go back to Gb I m suddenly hit with the Mb Hardware reserved again To try diagnosing things I removed my PCI graphics card and used the onboard VGA The hardware reserved memory then dropped to Mb so I came to the conclusion that the graphics card is taking mb But this is what confuses me when I only have gb installed the hardware reserved is mb so nothing is been reserved for the graphics card in this case and whatever is using the other mb doesn t take it either I need the VGA card installed as I use two monitors at work and the card is dual head Can anyone tell me why the hardware reserved memory rockets up to Mb when I have the gb installed yet is only mb with gb installed Surely if the VGA card and whatever else needs the mb then it would still try and take it with only gb installed I really need to try and free up this reserved memory as I need to run Virtual PCs on my machine and have a few other programs open at once It s just bugging me like hell now Cheers all Ade

A:Hardware Reserved Memory is high - advice/opinions required..

Hello Ade,

Everything you describes sounds about right to me. The more memory you add, the more Windows will try to allocate; however, with only 2 GBs installed, windows (probably) cannot allocate memory to specific functions because it may have to swap programs in and out of memory as required. However, once you up it to 4 GBs, a new allocation scheme kicks in. First off, windows will take (up to) a full 1GB of memory off the top due to your 32 bit OS limitation. How much it takes off depends on your chipset limitations and/or your bios restrictions. So, when you upped the memory to 4 GBs, windows decided there was now enough memory to allocate a specific amount to the graphics function, and it appears that allocation will vary (on your machine) based on whether or not you are using onboard graphics or an external graphics card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494078/hardware-reserved-memory-is-high-adviceopinions-required/
Relevancy 97.18%

I recently upgraded my processor amp motherboard from AMD Phenom II X Asus M N T-M Now it s AMD FX- amp Asus M A L-M LX I ran two modules of RAM GB GB on that previous motherboard These are my modules Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB Single Module DDR Memory Kingston Value RAM GB don t know the exact model but it was a Mhz always 2nd DIMM Solved: on Memory slot on is hardware new reserved motherboard module Both modules have the same latency I just had to downclock the corsair module to Mhz amp then they both ran in dual channel mode Now on this new motherboard when I check sys info in BIOS it shows just GB RAM or GB basically it Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard just detects what s in the first slot When Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard I boot into Windows it says that GB or GB the other slot is always hardware reserved Also task manager shows wrong RAM speed Instead of Mhz it shows Mhz And when I really run it at Mhz or even below Mhz it s always wrong in task manager There s another interesting thing happening when I try to change the memory speed in BIOS When I change it amp as soon as I hit enter after F system just powers down for a few seconds amp boots right up This is just my second motherboard amp idk if it s normal but it sure doesn t feel right I m posting this after going through a lot of posts on similar topics amp the solutions are not working for me I even checked for bent pins on my CPU but it looks good As it looks either the RAM modules are incompatible on this motherboard but then why is the speed in task manager always wrong or something is wrong with the motherboard This is what I think but I need your help to make it work I m mentally exhausted now nbsp

A:Solved: Memory on 2nd DIMM slot is always hardware reserved on new motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-on-2nd-dimm-slot-is-always-hardware-reserved-on-new-motherboard.1153100/
Relevancy 97.18%

I different XP memory up memory Bios and shows got a new laptop which im using now came with gig ram i got another gig ram and swapped out the old gig so i now have gig ram When i right click my computer and look at the ram it says Bios memory and XP memory shows up different gigs still but when i go into bios it reads as gigs is this a problem i should worry about can this be fixed am i running gigs or gigs is this a problem at all or normal I swapped the new ram out and left the original gig in and it read as gig i took the old one out and put in the new gig and it read as gigs i put the old gig and new gig and it read as i put old gig and old gig in and it read as but when i put both gigs in it reads as in xp while all other configurations show up properly in both bios and xp If you need more information on comp just ask nbsp

A:Bios memory and XP memory shows up different

Hi MysterioMask,
the short version is that it is something called MMOI, memory mapped I/O reservations, its an architectural design and decision made long ago when the idea of having a full gig of ram was thought to be preposterous and would not ever happen or be needed. in a 32 bit os
it lets you use somewhere between 2.75 and 3.25 Gb of 'working memory' and reserves the rest for things like pci buses, installed hardware, etc. the other Gig is there, you just don't get to use it as working memory. your bios shows you physical Ram installed. and XP is showing you the "working Ram" you have availible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-memory-and-xp-memory-shows-up-different.131635/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi, I got my first (new) iPod and just yesterday I downloaded itunes and connected the iPod to my computer. It seems to be working okay but the problems is that the bar at the bottom of the iTunes shows that the iPod's disk is just a bit over half full So instead of the iPod having about 40 GB free it says that it has about 14GB free with the rest GB full. I had only uploaded one album on the iPod. Any idea what might have caused it and any help on how I can fix this? Please be nice to me, I am an iPod beginner! Thanks!

Relevancy 91.16%

In my XP Pro service pack 3, fully updated the full 4 GB of memory is not detected and used. In the System Properties and the Task Manager/ Performance/ Physical Memory it does only show 3.25 GB of RAM. But in the System Information it shows the full 4 GB. I did see at a Microsoft web site that XP 32 bit should detect and use up to a maximum of 4 GB, so what trick can I do to solve this issue. And in the BIOS the memory detected is; 4096 MB which is 4 GB, thanks.

Relevancy 90.73%

Hi, i recently bought a 1GB VERBATIM usb memory key like the one shown in the photo below. The problem is that when i plug it in windows recognizes it as being a 600mb memory. I don't know why is that, i went to manage on my pc to see the partitions but it doesn't let me erase or create anything. Any help i would really appreciate it, thanks!
http://www.verbatim-latinoamerica.com/products/detail.cfm?product_id=D9980BFF-1143-3415-5F12699E2053ED48&cat_id=D88B5691-1143-3415-5FFC09D6D568E073

A:Windows shows 1Gb memory as a 600mb memory

Check to make sure it's not Write-protected.There should be a switch somewhere on it.
You should then be able to reformat /repartition it. If not then it could be a defective product. I'd return it and try another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-shows-1gb-memory-as-a-600mb-memory.621109/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hey, I recently noticed that only half of my ram is usable and the other half is "hardware reserved". I tried fixing this by:
clearing cmos
msconfig boot options
updating bios
reseating the ram and changing places

however none of them work, does anyone here know how to fix this?

A:Half of ram hardware reserved?

This is normally cause by messing with Boot Advance Options or the ram is not installed properly as per the motherboard manual. The last thing to do is update bios for such a problem.

Please use this tutorial to help you fill in your system specs properly.

By Brink:
System Info - See Your System Specs

Notice NO check marks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367062-half-ram-hardware-reserved.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello,

I have seen a fair amount of discussion regarding Win8 x64 OS demanding a high amount of RAM, but none of the solutions recommended have solved my issue.

My (inherited) Sony VAIO has 4gb (2x2gb) DDR3 RAM. This amount is recognized by BIOS. Resource monitor and task manager both inform me that 2.3gb of this RAM is hardware reserved. This seems atypical as compared to similar systems proffered elsewhere in this forum.

As far as I know, every aspect of the system is factory with the exception of the OS. It was upgraded from Win7 x64 to Win8 x64 before it came into my possession.

Quick Specs:
Win8 x64
Radeon HD 4200 (256mb reserved)
AMD? Athlon? II X2 2.10ghz
Screenshot for reference:
To this point I have tried:
1) Swapping RAM channels
2) Updating BIOS (from Sony Website)
3) Memory Diagnostic
4) Ticking and unticking MSCONFIG > Boot > Advanced > Max Memory

Thanks.

A:Unusually High "Hardware Reserved" Memory

My first impression is that the onboard graphics chip is using system memory for video. There should be some BIOS or other setting to control how much system ram it will use.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/49921-unusually-high-hardware-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi just installed windows7 and my C drive is still half full my acer folder is still there and windows.old. what can be taking up so much room? tried to take screen grabs put dont know how to paste into 7paint lol. thanks.

A:installed windows 7 but c drive still half full..

Do you know how to use the snippin tool in win7 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/27243-installed-windows-7-but-c-drive-still-half-full.html
Relevancy 86.86%

hello, i've got a 4 month old ASUS desktop that has random BSOD. i'm not very computer literate and could really use some help. called ASUS and all they recommended was to send the computer in for repair. was about to do it until they said all my stuff would be wiped out. would like to try this first. the computer has been doing this since day one. it'll crash during use and other times while idle. can't figure out what causing this or why.

win 7 home premium 64 came preloaded on the machine. i added a Nvidia GEForce 430 card and a 2nd hard drive. also added an external usb hard drive. i don't think any of these adds are involved since the BSOD was appearing before i added anything.

i followed the instructions to include the zip file you need. have never done anything like this so i hope it works. my head is spinning lol!

thank you
Lev

A:random BSOD. memory check says hardware problem detected.

Quote: Originally Posted by levitt

hello, i've got a 4 month old ASUS desktop that has random BSOD. i'm not very computer literate and could really use some help. called ASUS and all they recommended was to send the computer in for repair. was about to do it until they said all my stuff would be wiped out. would like to try this first. the computer has been doing this since day one. it'll crash during use and other times while idle. can't figure out what causing this or why.

win 7 home premium 64 came preloaded on the machine. i added a Nvidia GEForce 430 card and a 2nd hard drive. also added an external usb hard drive. i don't think any of these adds are involved since the BSOD was appearing before i added anything.

i followed the instructions to include the zip file you need. have never done anything like this so i hope it works. my head is spinning lol!

thank you
Lev

It is usually very difficult to diagnose from a single DMP file and yours is no exception. While there is no direct evidence I strongly suspect your Symantec. I woud remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials at least to test.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183749-random-bsod-memory-check-says-hardware-problem-detected.html
Relevancy 86%

hello madame and sirs,

Ihave got 128 mb ram on my pc. when i start my pc it shows 32mb shared memory. windows shows 96mb ram. i am not able to install some applications which require min.128mb ram.(windows 2000 pro)&(windows98se)

i once used KNOPPIX LIVE CD and then created some swap file as prompted..... which i deleted later on. i dint notice the ram showed my windows then. incidently i have even formatted my c: drive lateron .... but windows shows 96 mb ram

I want my ram to be fully utilised.. pls help

A:RAM (Random Access Memory) - "Shared Memory" , Windows shows less RAM.

128 - 32 = 96

Shared memory means that a part of your system memory is used by the video card and is not available for programs. You should be able to adjust the amount of shared memory in BIOS setup. Note that you will never be able to get the full 128MB unless you get a proper video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-random-access-memory-shared-memory-windows-shows-less-ram.34496/
Relevancy 86%

Whay bios show 640KB on System memory?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo 3000 N200 System memory shows 640KB in Bios...

Does the operating system show the correct value?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-3000-N200-System-memory-shows-640KB-in-Bios/td-p/2086502
Relevancy 85.14%

Last night I installed 2 G to my Dell Dimension 9100 machine and cleaned out the dust.

Turned machine on and received a BIOS message and can do nothing.

Any ideas to help me? I am almost incompetent in regards to computers!

Relevancy 85.14%

I am dual booting my dell e gb ram I have windows on my HD and windows on my ssd Since I do live audio work reserved of warning memory Windows out partition I keep the ssd system super clean It doesn't get on the net etc Recently windows prompted me to upgrade my hd os from to which I did Windows reserved partition out of memory warning Since then every few minutes I get a popup saying I have Low disk space on my system reserved partition It's mb which seems larger than most but there is indeed only mb free But of course when I run disk cleanup there is nothing that can be deleted It's now popping up about every minutes Very annoying I have os's do I even need the srp But why on earth would it run out of memory Maybe because of the dual boot But I'd think they'd account for that Any tips welcome should I expand the volume That just seemed a little dangerous and hopefully unnecessary -eric

A:Windows reserved partition out of memory warning

Could you open Disk Management and use the snipping tool to take a picture of your window, including the graphical representation of the partitions? You can attach it using the advanced replies.

Maybe it will help see what has happened, since a Windows 8.1 upgrade may add a partition of 350 MB to replace the 300 MB one.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39205-windows-reserved-partition-out-memory-warning.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I purchased a Dell Studio XPS sometime ago but when I tried to upgrade the memory from GB to GB I ran into some problems First off here are the specifications of my PC which will hopefully give more information for Dell in 8000 not Bios - detected Memory XPS Studio anyone who is willing to help me troubleshoot Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000 my predicament Dell Studio XPS Chassis Serial Number WWXML Running Windows - bit Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core i kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Board Dell Inc X R A Serial Number CN BM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Inc A Chipset Intel D rev The original memory configuration that came with my Dell Studio XPS is as follows DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White I had a total of gb of memory I replaced it with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB This was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty I had planned on buying another pack of Corsair DDR GB x GB if the GB worked therefore bringing me to the maximum amount of GB of memory which is all the motherboard can handle according to specifications However when I booted the computer with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB only GB of the GB registered in the Bios I rotated the strips and they were both good When I went to switch back to the original configuration that came with the computer DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White My PC would not boot and made a continuous beeping sound I am no longer able to use the original Dell memory in any configuration Therefore I am stuck with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB that was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty Slot White with GB of Ram being the only memory recognized The GB in Slot White does not register in the Bios and is not seen by other software utilities that I have tried Hopefully you can now see my frustration and realize that I now have less memory available to me than originally came with my PC I read through many internet forums and tried all sorts of different things to solve the problem but the results are always the same leaving my PC with only GB of memory to be accessed I m guessing that there must be something wrong with the motherboard but I m really not sure Unfortunately Dell has been of very little help Not sure what my next step should be but if there is anyone out there that can assist me it would be greatly appreciated Thank you John M nbsp

A:Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000

As that model doesnt have diver support for windows 10, that may be part of the issue. That rig wasnt meant for w10, have you considered going back? That may help. I dont see a way to run that OS on that hardware. At least reliably.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-not-detected-in-bios-dell-studio-xps-8000.1158719/
Relevancy 83.85%

I know the question is awkward. So hopefully, I can explain it.

Say that I have a 500 GB external hard drive. But as it turns out, there's only 465 GB according to it and my computer. Why isn't there 500 Gb, but rather only 465? This also applies to mp3 players like iPods.

Why is this?

Can I do something to get back the "hidden" memory?

A:Solved: Why is there never the full memory on external/flash memory hard drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-is-there-never-the-full-memory-on-external-flash-memory-hard-drives.794103/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a Dell XPS 600 with a 750gb hd, 1 floppy drive, 2 cd/dvd burner drives. I am using Windows XP O/S. I bought a 2gb memory mod to increase my computers memory, in the instructions, it said to update your bios version, so I did to version A11. After rebooting, the new bios version isn't recognizing my burner drives at all. Can anyone help me?

A:Installed 2GB memory mod now Bios won't recognize cd/dvd burner drives

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-2gb-memory-mod-now-bios-wont-recognize-cd-dvd-burner-drives.896811/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have an HP Desktop with 2x8GB RAM. Whenever I use AutoCAD or Adobe Acrobat, I receive a warning that says Low Memory.  I always receive the error at 7GB/16GB. I've tried MSCONFIG, Looking around in the Bios, Memory Diagnosis. nothing has fixed it..The Computer crashed after displaying the warning. This is the Task Manager at startup. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Low-memory-error-while-using-only-half-memory/td-p/5822193
Relevancy 82.56%

I have an HP Desktop with 2x8GB RAM. Whenever I use AutoCAD or Adobe Acrobat, I receive a warning that says Low Memory.  I always receive the error at 7GB/16GB. I've tried MSCONFIG, Looking around in the Bios, Memory Diagnosis. nothing has fixed it..The Computer crashed after displaying the warning. This is the Task Manager at startup. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Low-memory-error-while-using-only-using-half-memory/td-p/5822193
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello all I just ordered and built my new custom PC a few days ago i have gigs of Gskil ram in it and it shows that it can read it but it only is allowing to be used i checkd the MSconfig to make sure the max ram box isn't checked i have read before that some of your parts will use ram like an on-board sound card or video use of memory Windows my over wont half but the only thing i have on board is the sound Windows wont use over half of my memory and i dont think it would use over gigs of Windows wont use over half of my memory my ram is there any other ways to check or fix this problem thanks OS Windows bit CPU Intel i k Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P A-UD -B P R Memory Gx GSKILL F - CL D- GBRL Graphics Card s EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX Fermi Sound Card N A Monitor s Displays LG E V-PN Glossy Black quot p ms Screen Resolution N A Hard Drives Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V Case Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

A:Windows wont use over half of my memory

Test memory with memtest.
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/168467-windows-wont-use-over-half-my-memory.html
Relevancy 79.98%

two 930 GB partitions defined. both partitions function properly reading/writing. admin & second user defined on system. admin has full privileges over both partitions. both users have full privileges over half that is misbehaving.

properties show shared partition has 18GB of 931GB available. I cannot find any file larger that 2GB on this partition and my estimate is that no more that 50GB of space is consumed by the files visible on the disk.

I believe I have settings configured to view all hidden and system files. I cannot find anything close to the 913GB which properties reports is used.

What settings should I be looking for ..

to confirm the disk is properly formatted
to confirm that I have access to the entire partition
to find files which may remain hidden

Thanks

A:2TB drive partitioned in 2 equal halves. One half shows near full but has under 50GB

The 2TB drive is an internal HD which was added to the system for data storage purposes. The OS remains on the original HD which shipped with system.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301908-2tb-drive-partitioned-2-equal-halves-one-half-shows-near-full-but-has-under-50gb.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi! I have HP probook 440 g1. By default I have 128MB video memory. Then I tried to increase video memory size to 512MB from bios. But it's not working. It still showing 128MB. Can you help me please?Thank you! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Increasing-video-memory-memory-size-in-bios-not-working/td-p/5680788
Relevancy 79.12%

System Info attached...please tell me whats going on here.

8GB installed...MB does support (I made sure)
Running Win 7
Says I only have 3gb?

How do i fix this?

As Latka Gravas would say "thenkyou verry much"

Relevancy 78.69%

I recently did a new install of Windows 7 64 bit. I noticed windows showed 4Gb of ram (2.75Gb usable). I read tons of articles after googling this and tried several options to free up some more ram.

I have 2 options in bios to change memory remapping over 4GB. S/W and H/W.

When I enable S/W remapping, windows boots everything seems fine but I get a crackling sound from speakers. Bios shows 4Gb (3Gb usable). Windows shows 4Gb ram (3.0 available).

When I enable H/W remapping, windows BSOD during boot, but bios shows 4Gb ram and all 4 Gb available.

So, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to eliminate the BSOD after enabling H/W memory remapping? Try installing Windows 7 again? I read some people saying bump up the voltage on ram perhaps? I've never done any overclocking, but would try if someone thinks it may help.

I've tried several different setting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:4Gb memory (2.75 Gb usable) memory remapping in bios causes BSOD

This sounds almost like a bios memory compatibility issue to me.
Have you tried checking the ram in both modes using memtest?
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Since the memory is obviously the center of this I think it bares testing.
Keep in mind you'll need several passes each way with memtest to get any kind of accurate result and will take some time

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215127-4gb-memory-2-75-gb-usable-memory-remapping-bios-causes-bsod.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello.Andrew's my name I have a problem I saw some guys already posted about this kind of problem, but noone realy said it's solved.

I have a USB 2.0 connected WD External Hard Drive 600 G capacity.Only 261 G full by all checks. No back-ups, just storage. Even so, it says I can't copy anything on it cause it is full.One partition, FAT 32, I'm runnin Win XP SP3. No BADs, I verified that too. I mean, I know there is supposed to be some space missin on every HDD, but c'm on Im talking about more than half of it.

Anyone had something like that happen to him? Thank you very very much.

Relevancy 78.26%

I have a 60GB hard drive that says it is full. I have relatively few programs on my machine and only about 10 GB worth of music/pictures/movies. What is using all my hard drive memory and how do I fix? Does XP save the files in two places?

A:Memory Usage - Memory is almost full

Disk Pie
TreeSize
Xinorbis
AssessTree

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-usage-memory-is-almost-full.680192/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello guys I just built a new system with windows and I'm having a small issue I don't know how to fix if possible to Thing is out of GB of RAM I happen to have windows says I can only use as the rest are quot hardware reserved quot I've looked through different posts about it and found no answer as to why this is so I wanted to Help with memory... reserved know if anyone can help me with this Several of the stuff I've done checked are - I am running bit windows professional so this isn't a -bit limit issue - Both windows and the BIOS recognize gb of ram - I Help with reserved memory... have a RADEON HD graphics card so those gb should in no way be related to video memory Also this mobo doesn't have an integrated graphics chip anyway - I've already checked max memory in msconfig it's unchecked - The RAM sticks are set to dual channel in the mobo Channels and specifically Any idea what the problem could be here I'm Help with reserved memory... attaching an image of what the process monitor says regarding ram

A:Help with reserved memory...

When I have this problem...it is always due to the memory speed the bios is setting for the ram. Since you know how to go into your Bios...I will skip that.

Go into the bios and find the setting for you Ram speed.
Drop it down from the freq it is at by one notch. What I mean is if it is say running at 1600MHz then drop it down to 1333MHz.
Save and reboot into windows and check the hardware memory reserved amount.

It seems to be an odd quirk with windows 8. Once you have full amount of ram available in windows then you can use the bios to slowly increase the ram speed back up.

However from many tests there is not much difference between 1333 and 1600 performance wise. Also for me to get my ram at and above the rated speed and it all to be available required me to adjust my CP/NB and HT speeds.

Hope that helps. Let me know.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/26546-help-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I turned on my computer this is than Windows shows memory there [SOLVED] crashed less and HD morning and Windows would not boot it [SOLVED] Windows crashed and HD shows less memory than is there said a system file was missing [SOLVED] Windows crashed and HD shows less memory than is there or corrupt and couldn't boot I tried System Recovery pressing F and after a while it sorted the problem out but appeared to leave the computer as new I checked the hard drive and it showed that I had about GB out of GB left I checked the Programs folder and everything was still there However my administrator account was gone and I could no longer access anything that I had downloaded on the account and saved to the My Documents folder I had in there I had a friend who knows about computers take a look at it and he said that the files were no longer there but that the hard drive was still registering them as being there for some reason To correct the problem he suggested a program called [SOLVED] Windows crashed and HD shows less memory than is there Advance System Care It fixed some problems just fine but not the main one that of how to get my hard drive to stop thinking that it only has GB of space left How can I fix this problem so I can get my excess space back Thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] Windows crashed and HD shows less memory than is there

Just a shot in the dark...Run a disk defrag off the Start/Accessories/system tools/Menu.

If nothing else, you'll be able to "analyze" the HD and "see" where your files are.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-crashed-and-hd-shows-less-memory-than-is-there-485248.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi, I've been running with 4GB total on my computer for a while. All this time it has been 2 GB free and 2GB reserved for hardware (When you open taskmanager you can see how much memory your computer is using)

That means I was left with 2GB that I could use for games and such. ( I'm prettty sure the reserved 2GB was because of the ram stick not functioning/being damaged)
I recently bought another 4GB of ram totalling 8GB. It now says 4GB reserved for hardware and 4GB free to use. It should be 6gb free as I know one of the ram sticks doesn't work.

I know it's not supposed to be like that..

Anyone know what the problem might be?

So far I've tried:

- Flashing BiOs
- Msconfigt -> Boot

A:Reserved Memory problem (RAM)

The installed memory might not be in a supported configuration. Check the RAM specs and your motherboard manual for info on how memory should be installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reserved-memory-problem-ram.999975/
Relevancy 76.54%

hey guys hope someone can help me figure this out i just recently put a 1gb stick of ram in my computer and it worked fine i then had to reformat the hard drive and reload windows a few days after bc of a virus after i redid everything my computer now only will ready 256mb of ram instead of the 1gb any ideas of what could cause this the more ideas the better this computer in ungodly slow only running at 256 instead of one gig if this helps i believe that when the computer starts it only shows 256mb of ram as well please help!

A:windows xp not reading full memory

One possible reason could be that some of the modules on your memory chip might have blown off, but since you recently bought a new one i suppose, that might not be the reason. I had a similar problem a few years back, but with windows 98, when I realized that one of the modules had blown off...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-not-reading-full-memory.660827/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello everyone. I just upgraded my memory from 2Gb to 4GB. I upgradeds my operating system from Windows Vista 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. When I check the installed memory it shows 4Gb Ram installed but it says only 3.49 is usable. Now I know thats supposed to be the most Ram (3.49) that a 32 bit system can use but why is it only using that for my Windows 7 64 bit? Is there something I need to do to get it to read all the memory? Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Relevancy 76.54%

How to remove system reseved memory in wind 7 acer aspire

A:how to remove system reserved memory

Hi

I think you meant the System Reserved Partition . If yes, do not attempt to delete or modify it as it may cause the system to boot failure. This small partition is used by Windows 7 and 8 to store the bootloader and normally it will be the active partition in a system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506677/how-to-remove-system-reserved-memory/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi guys.

windows says 2GB is in hardware reserve and autocad says my HD4870 has 2879MB of memory. all this happened after i used a nomemrestrict crack in GTA4 which allows the game to use system memory i believe. dont ask me why, i was curious.

I have searched far and wide for an answer. I'am definitely on 64bit W7 Pro, and using latest hardwares(i7, gigabyte UD5, 1600MHZ DDR3 and HD4870 1GB). I have also tried unticking the maxboot memory in msconfig.

there is no memory remap option in the bios and i have flashed it many times. I have also reinstalled windows and formatted my HDD. but still only 4GB is usable.

Anyone can help? I really do need the memory. I use highend 3d software and work with large PDS files at times simultaneously.
thanks
[EDIT] answer on page 2. Wasnt anything software or setting or bios after all. Faulty motherboard RAM slots

A:Memory reserved after using nomemristrict in GTA4

And this only occurred after using the -nomemrestrict cmd line switch? Strange.

I assume when you formatted you also wiped GTA IV and all it's settings?

Also, you didn't re-use the cmd line switch after a fresh installation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71309-memory-reserved-after-using-nomemristrict-gta4.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Just as the topic looks that's what I'm having an issue about right now Now lets begin by laying some different things out on the line I used search I used Google I even tested this on different machines will explain below and I put this in the right forum I hope Ok I work in an office and I got an Installed Memory) (Usable Memory agent to come to me to help them install Java Knowing he ran Windows - Home Premium I checked the System menu for what version OS he was running I noticed bit but couldn't help to notice that he had GB installed being used Right away this through up a Installed Memory (Usable Memory) red flag because I thought that Home Premium bit was able to fully use every bit of installed memory up to GB Acer is the manufacturer of the laptop so I don't know if they might have something messed up in the BIOS or if it is simply because he got it about a week after Windows was released The reason that I am fearing this is because I have a custom built desktop that is currently running GB usable of the Windows RC Ultimate bit so I know that I'm only going to get about that much out of my RAM However because it is soon time to reformat I have a Windows Home Premium bit CD Key waiting to be used and another GB of memory to be installed I don't want to have an issue when reinstalling that I'm going to be missing any bit of RAM being used either just because I'm using Home Premium or any other reason

A:Installed Memory (Usable Memory)

Hello Joshgt2, and welcome to the forums

Theoretically 64bit can address 128GB of RAm , although Motherboards typically do not support such amounts yet.

Certain chipsets (Such as AMD) using built in graphics, will use a certain amount of RAM dedicated to graphics only.
(naturally it pulls this dedicated graphics memory from you installed RAM)

So if it is set dedicate say, 512Mb in the bios, and you have 4GB of RAM installed...

In Windows you would see something like 4Gb installed (3.5 useable)

By the same token, if you have 8GB installed, it would show 8GB installed (7.5 useable)

If you install a actual graphics card, and disable the onboard, you will gain full use of your RAM again, As a graphics card has its very own memory onboard.

hope this answers your question

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/61090-installed-memory-usable-memory.html
Relevancy 76.11%

XP SP - Intel D PERL motherboard RAM slots I ve been running incident free for several years with Crucial MB CT Z B T sticks They were installed in the DIMM slots positions amp I recently installed Crucial GB CT Z B stick in DIMM position I guess this was a no-no On restart I got the message quoted in the title I don t off hand remember the rest of it I shutdown and moved the GB to position with the other configuration" has memory non-optimal a "BIOS detected two in positions amp From what I ve read I was probably more right the "BIOS has detected a non-optimal memory configuration" first time Now on restart I get a single beep never did that before and a message that flashes by too quickly before the BIOS screen appears My virtual memory intial and maximum are MB set by me I have no restart problems so far and the computer shows GB installed wherever RAM is displayed Before I move RAM around or go into BIOS of which I know nothing what needs changing and how What might the message be or how do I access it TIA nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I usable POST, initialization No error. detected" "Memory Can't memory recently put together a Can't POST, "Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected" new computer with parts from newegg and when I attempt to start it up my debug LED reads quot quot which according to the manual indicates a memory initialization error no usable memory detected My system CPU Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Motherboard ASRock P EXTREME GEN LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus PSU Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX- M W ATX V v EPS V v Video Card EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Click to expand Things I have tried So I installed the whole thing LEDs light up fans whirring all that Just no POST I followed this guide to try and solve my problem to no avail http www tomshardware com forum - -perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems Currently I have everything taken out of the case with only the motherboard CPU HSF and PSU hooked up I have tried both sticks of RAM seperately in each slot I have tried resetting the CMOS I was careful to constantly touch the grounded PSU before I touched sensitive pieces I made sure all connections were secure and everything was in its proper place No matter what I try it gives me code saying that no usable memory is detected I don t see how both sticks of RAM I got could be bad I am now completely out of ideas Anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Can't POST, "Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-post-memory-initialization-error-no-usable-memory-detected.1022948/
Relevancy 75.68%

Has Windows XP professional on it.  Recntly, that is this morning, when I tried to boot up the computer, it goes past the splash screen and then gives me an error 'Windows NT has found only 500K of low memory.  512K of low memory is needed to run Windows NT.  You may need to upgrade your computer or run a configuration program provided by the manufacturer'

What does all this mean, and why did it happen suudenly and how do I fix it

A:Built computer shows 'Windows NT has found only 500K of low memory'

It has been suggested that you reset your BIOS to 'Default' values.

How much RAM is installed on your system, and what is the make and model of your computer ?

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542245/built-computer-shows-windows-nt-has-found-only-500k-of-low-memory/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have an Acer laptop that is about years old It has a P quad core processor running at GHz and GB of DDR memory It has been running slower for a while so I downloaded Ccleaner and AdwCleaner and ran them They found some items Shows Memory Errors Monitor Hard Windows Resource to clean up but the speed did not increase appreciably I don't know much about the Windows Task Manager but I decided to open it and check out things as best I could At the bottom of the Performance window I saw a button labeled Resource Monitor I clicked it and saw that I was able to view more detailed information about the ways that Windows Resource Monitor Shows Hard Memory Errors the system components were being utilized I started playing a YouTube video and then looked at the Memory usage It was only about but at the bottom of the screen was a window labeled Hard Errors with a graph scaled from to Errors Per Second There seemed to be a continuous stream of hard errors sometimes going completely off of the graph Is this telling me that the memory has errors that the Processor needs to correct before using the data Could this be Windows Resource Monitor Shows Hard Memory Errors what has caused the computer to slow down as it gets older I ran a similar test on my other two computers and Windows Resource Monitor Shows Hard Memory Errors while a few hard errors showed up on them they were negligible compared to the laptop

A:Windows Resource Monitor Shows Hard Memory Errors

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611838/windows-resource-monitor-shows-hard-memory-errors/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi. I need to wipe my computer's memory, but can't seem to with the alt+f10 settings. Is there a way I can do this with the command prompt, or do I need to do something else? I would like to keep this in the "no cost" area as far as money goes. Thank you.

A:Full memory reset Aspire E1-531 windows 10

When Windows cannot be installed from Acer Recovery Management, you could use the Recovery CDs or DVDs to re-install all original software.
If you do have the CD or DVDs follow the directions on the link bellow:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29935

Links Importantes: Páginas de Suporte Global | Artigos da Base de ConhecimentoBlogs com dicas e novidades.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Full-memory-reset-Aspire-E1-531-windows-10/td-p/439998
Relevancy 75.68%

My C drive is GB away from quot disk full quot It's a GB disk I am on Windows This is especially remarkable since I store very little of my quot live quot data on the computer -- almost everything is on USB drives and cloud How do I full? memory ? Windows leak? ?Disk in 10 find out where all the storage is being used One possibility is that I create and delete accounts on this computer fairly regularly When I delete accounts ?Disk full? in Windows 10 ? memory leak? I sometimes get the message quot Cannot delete account for ?Disk full? in Windows 10 ? memory leak? a user that is logged on quot -- but that account is logged off and it gets deleted anyway so I haven't worried about it Might there be files that aren't getting deleted This is NOT the quot disk usage quot thing with several other articles relating to Windows Search and Superfetch -- the disk is not busy it is full Please start your answer right at the beginning of the instructions -- I used to be a very sophisticated programmer but lost hold of Windows somewhere around Windows XP I removed all the Charms and other Windows crapware Please start your instructions to me with the START button or with WindowsKey R or something else that is unambiguous and not likely removed Thank you

A:“Disk full” in Windows 10 – memory leak?

https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/56048-disk-full-windows-10-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi. I need to wipe my computer's memory, but can't seem to with the alt+f10 settings. Is there a way I can do this with the command prompt, or do I need to do something else? I would like to keep this in the "no cost" area as far as money goes. Thank you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Full-memory-reset-Aspire-E1-531-windows-10/td-p/439998/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 75.68%

I recently reinstalled windows (XP) using the recovery disk supplied with the computer and now my memory is full even though I haven't reinstalled or recovered most of my old stuff. When I was reintalling I chose to create a new partition (I think that's what I chose anyway).

Question 1: Are all of my old files still on my hard drive?
Question 2: How can i either save them or get rid of them in order to free up more memory?

Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 75.25%

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

A:New Laptop memory not detected by windows

Quote: Originally Posted by curtranhome

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

type msconfig in search/

Go to the advanced tab. Is "max memory" checked? if so uncheck it. Reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146875-new-laptop-memory-not-detected-windows.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I recently added G of Hynix memory HYMP F CP N -Y to 8 free with GB acpi 24 compatible bios: find after sees server memory 32G, 16G adding sees I dmidecode missing memory, a Dell t workstation after adding 16G compatible memory, I find 8 GB missing server memory with acpi bios: dmidecode sees 32G, free sees 24 that contained Gof memory as originally shipped M T AZ -CE dmidecode -t grep Size grep MB Size MB Size MB Size MB Size MB Size MB Size MB Size MB Size MBAlso the Dell mboard ACPI bios sees all G Memtest passes after adding 16G compatible memory, I find 8 GB missing server memory with acpi bios: dmidecode sees 32G, free sees 24 on all memory modules of mbeach So reordering or reseating the memory modules won t solve this Itried this already I m using the last bios posted to Dell s support pages gt dmidecode -s bios-versionA gt dmidecode -s bios-release-date After I boot into linux the system sees only G dmesg e BIOS-provided physical RAM map BIOS-e mem x - x c ff usable BIOS-e mem x f - x fffff reserved BIOS-e mem x - x cfe abff usable BIOS-e mem x cfe ac - x cfe cbff ACPI NVS BIOS-e mem x cfe cc - x cfe ebff ACPI data BIOS-e mem x cfe ec - x cfffffff reserved BIOS-e mem x e - x efffffff reserved BIOS-e mem x fe - x feffffff reserved BIOS-e mem x ffb - x ffffffff reserved BIOS-e mem x - x fffffff usable which is only bytes gt free -m total used free shared buffers cachedMem gt grep line sys devices system memory state - gt all onlineBut memory - are not detected total lines Why x M - gt Gonly But x M - gt M not enough to account for the missing ram Arememory - reserved gt dmesg grep eserved BIOS-e mem x f - x fffff reserved BIOS-e mem x cfe ec - x cfffffff reserved BIOS-e mem x e - x efffffff reserved BIOS-e mem x fe - x feffffff reserved BIOS-e mem x ffb - x ffffffff reserved e update mem x - x fff usable gt reserved e update mem xcff - xffffffff usable gt reserved DMA zone pages reserved Memory K K available K kernel code Krwdata K rodata K init K bss K reserved Kcma-reserved Looks like the reserved memory is not nearly enough to account for thediscrepancy MTRR gt dmesg grep MTRR MTRR default type uncachable MTRR fixed ranges enabled MTRR variable ranges enabled dmesg gives no warnings This machine also runs an ancient copy of Windows Vista Business Thatproduces the same pattern the Dell nbsp bios sees all G but the OS only Adding the boot parameter mem G has no effect because by the point thatthe boot process loads the kernel the visible memory is already reduced So apparently something happened when the bios created the physical ram map Which causes the loss of G

A:after adding 16G compatible memory, I find 8 GB missing server memory with acpi bios: dmidecode sees 32G, free sees 24

The maximum RAM compatibility for Windows Vista Business is only 4GB.  http://dell.to/2efbU7APerhaps a different OS will utilize the remainder.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996048
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello since I've installed windows I because of windows (system crashes ram compressed memory) full have been encountering a problem when i'm using autocad When I'm using autocad for - hours my pc gets all of the ram full suddenly and begin to load very slow even the music i'm listening is stopping and my mouse cursor is moving windows crashes because of full ram (system compressed memory) in frames and then it crashes showing the blue screen Last time it did that I could open the task manager and see that the system compressed memory was the only application that was running and it was showing in dark orange in the task manager window Even if it wasn't using a lot of ram the head column of the ram column was at but I hadn't any other application running beside autocad and google chrome After i saw this the windows showed me the blue screen in the picture I've seen on another topic that you have a program that can get all the information you need about my pc so i've downloaded it and run it MiniToolBox and copy the result here Please does anybody know a solution for this MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Stoianof administrator on - - at Running from C Users Stoianof Downloads Microsoft Windows Pro N X Model To Be Filled By O E M Manufacturer To Be Filled By O E M Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Ethernet Connected TAP-Windows Adapter V Ethernet Media disconnected TAP-Windows Adapter V Ethernet Media disconnected Intel reg Ethernet Connection I -V Ethernet Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled set interface interface Ethernet forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Wi-Fi forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Ethernet forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Ethernet forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface other forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled add address name Local Area Connection address mask add address name other address mask add address name Ethernet address mask popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name Vlad Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address D - - - B- C-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address D - - - B- C-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c e a d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained martie Lease Expires martie Default Gateway fe c ff febc d DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- - C-CF-D - - - B- C-B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Windows Adapter V Physical Address -FF- D- - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Windows Adapter V Physical Address -FF-BE- - -FF D... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608418/windows-crashes-because-of-full-ram-system-compressed-memory/
Relevancy 74.39%

my computer and i have been companions through a lot in the past years and i have always managed to make it work since buying it i not windows detected, memory cannot physical up boot have only formatted it once and that was about a year and a physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up half back hardware gb ram gts nvidia graphic card amd phenom x so this is what happened i had left the physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up computer on for abput hours and had switched off the moniter when i returned the diplay didnt work i thought it must be a problem with the connecteing cord so i tried to shake it when nothing worked i turned the whole system offf the main electricity cord after some time it was a slow start but it worked later blue scren appeared and said windows did so to prevent damage to files and restarted once that happened my pc said something about lack of external memory as windows cannot be booted whenever i have tried same has happened fan andights areworking but nothing appears

A:physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up

Please...be exact when reporting error messages.  They are important clues, which...if not properly reported...lead down the wrong path.

System manufacture and model...or motherboard manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505930/physical-memory-not-detected-windows-cannot-boot-up/
Relevancy 73.96%

My Hardware System is 64 Bit capable.
I use the 64 Bit Version of Windows-7 Pro.
Windows-7 reports only using 3G of the 4GB's installed Memory.
Belarc reports 4GB's installed Memory.
CPU-ID reports 4GB's installed Memory.
Intel lists my E6550 CPU as 64 Bit.

Do I have something set up wrong?

A:Windows-7 reports using only 3G of the 4GB's installed memory?

If this is the same laptop as in your specs, then there isn't much you can do unless there is a memory remap option in the bios (doubtful). From what I can see it has the Intel 945 chipset on it and it only supports up to 4 GB of memory, which as a result without the memory remap option is what is happening in your case. This should help explain it some (says for Vista but the same applies to Windows 7),

The system memory that is reported in the System Information dialog box in Windows Vista is less than you expect if 4 GB of RAM is installed

Quote:
The chipset must support at least 8 GB of address space. Chipsets that have this capability include the following:Intel 975X
Intel P965
Intel 955X on Socket 775
Chipsets that support AMD processors that use socket F, socket 940, socket 939, or socket AM2. These chipsets include any AMD socket and CPU combination in which the memory controller resides in the CPU.

The CPU must support the x64 instruction set. The AMD64 CPU and the Intel EM64T CPU support this instruction set.
The BIOS must support the memory remapping feature. The memory remapping feature allows for the segment of system memory that was previously overwritten by the Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) configuration space to be remapped above the 4 GB address line. This feature must be enabled in the BIOS configuration utility on the computer. View your computer product documentation for instructions that explain how to enable this feature. Many consumer-oriented computers may not support the memory remapping feature. No standard terminology is used in documentation or in BIOS configuration utilities for this feature. Therefore, you may have to read the descriptions of the various BIOS configuration settings that are available to determine whether any of the settings enable the memory remapping feature.
An x64 (64-bit) version of Windows Vista must be used.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268934-windows-7-reports-using-only-3g-4gbs-installed-memory.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey guys I just upgraded my mainboard and processor memory etc due to my old mainboard having a its SATA my memory Only used half being controller fried So I set out to go and buy some of this new stuff and I ended up with ASRock P pro mainboard QuadCore Intel i GB of ram x GB Now obviously this is dual channel memory Only half my memory being used so I used the A and B banks as suggested by ASRock's manual and I also have Windows -bit Now the thing is Windows reports that only GB of the GB can be used Lavalys Everest tells me a similar story Code Motherboard CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i MHz x Motherboard Name ASRock P Only half my memory being used Pro PCI PCI-E Only half my memory being used x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset Intel Ibex Peak P Intel Lynnfield System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM RMB GB CA - HC GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM RMB GB CA - HC GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM My bios also report that I have x GB of memory in there and a run of DXdiag also shows gigs Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this Or is this normal behaviour edit I changed my memory around to use slots and instead of and and now it uses GB but it's obviously single channel mode My question still stands though is it usual for windows in dual channel mode to 'only' use half of the memory available Also I noticed that the bios registered the memory but during POST it only showed GB before Right now it's GB The problem isn't 'solved' yet though I'd like to use the dual channel capabilities edit

A:Only half my memory being used

did you clean install Windows with the new motherboard?

do you have the latest BIOS, drivers, and all that good stuff?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/29739-only-half-my-memory-being-used.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Ok so Hardware/Windows Shared Issue Memory Solved: I Solved: Hardware/Windows Shared Memory Issue realize this Thread is supposed to be for Hardware However my Question is both a Hardware and Software related Question so here goes First My System Info Foxconn A GMV Mobo AMD Phenom II x BE Ghz Unlocked via Core Release to AMD Phenom II x B Ghz Mushkin Gb DDR x Gb PC Dual Channel Mode Integrated IGP AMD Radeon HD Graphics Watt HP Server Power Supply In A Dell Dimension Mini Tower Case Added an AMD rpm CPU Fan behind the Air Scoop in the front Bezel Face Plate Rear System Fan is an Insanely High CFM Pressure Generic rpm mm Case Fan CPU Cooler is Stock AMD AM AM rpm Heatsink Fan Combo Optical Drive - Philips Dual Layer DVD-RAM DVD-R W Sata- quot HDD Gb Toshiba Sata- quot HDD Tb Toshiba Sata- quot HDD Tb Toshiba Sata- quot PCI- Port USB Hub Card PCI- PCI to PCMCIA Adapter Card w Netgear RangeMax WPN- WiFi Card Inserted quot Bay- is an quot to quot HDD Adapter Tray with Vents and x USB Connected to Mobo Bottom x USB in Front Face Plate Bezel Connected to Mobo Currently Running Windows x Ultimate Ok Now Comes The Fun Part So the problem that I am having is this In the BIOS I can either set my Graphics Card to Auto- Mb- Mb-or- MB Now that is fine by me However Said HyperMemory is more than enough to meat my modest needs and when I go into Windows Windows see s that hey you have Mb or MB etc However that is not enough for Windows NOPE damn Microsoft have to force the Issue making it so that Windows then STEALS Another Gb of my RAM for Shared Video Memory Deep Breath What I want to know is this Since windows sees the HyperMemory as Dedicated Video RAM is there Some way that I can FORCE Windows to Not be allowed to Steal even more RAM for Shared Memory I would like to have my system set up so that the Only Video Memory will be the HyperMemory that I have told the BIOS to Allocate to my Video Card And Is what I want to do even remotely possible Any Help In This Matter Will Be Greatly Appreciated Thank You In Advance nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,
I recently had someone install Windows 7 on my Mac. I was dismayed to find there a shortage of memory on Windows. I deleted Graphics Driver but now regret that decision. How can I free up memory space or add more memory? (I'm not a computer person so I would appreciate if anyone answering takes that into account.)

Cheers,
Periwinkle

A:Lacking Memory on newly installed Windows 7

You need to bring a lot more information to the forum in order for us to help you.

Please read this article to understand how to ask for technical help:

How to Ask a Question When You Want Technical Help

If you do not understand, ask. Please refrain from using 1 word/text speech responses. Ask and state things in full sentences. Also avoid text stating things like "I am not good with computers".

It is okay to not know something, and we can work together to solve almost any issue. This is a two way street, both sides must work together to get results.

Please fill out your system specs (if possible) by following this tutorial here: (Click the blue words)

System Info - See Your System Specs
You also might want to take a screenshot showing what the problem is and what your referring to so we can see what you are seeing.

What version of windows 7 is it? Is it 32 bit of 64 bit?

Please reply and ask questions if you need assistance understanding the tutorials or getting the information we need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/341015-lacking-memory-newly-installed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all I bought a new video card for my sister till yesterday she was using an integrated video card everything is fine except the thing that the system is still using shared system memory and I really don't want this to happen MB of dedicated memory is fine with me I want to use GB for the system not to share for graphics purposes in BIOS there is nothing to disable or change the quot disable integrated video when external detected quot is enabled I don't know what else to do in msconfig I've set manually to use all GB still nothing changed maybe it's because of the Starter edition I know it has some restrictions but I really don't think so the OS edition has nothing to do with the video card and so on what else it could be how to solve my issue Thank you Dedicated video memory MB Shared System Memory Total Available Graphics Memory MB OS Win Starter Phoenix Award BIOS Sysinfo

A:Windows is still using shared memory although dedicated vid. installed

Windows 7 Starter will only use up to 2GB of RAM, its a limitation, the other 1GB will be unusable and treated as shared memory

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/109828-windows-still-using-shared-memory-although-dedicated-vid-installed.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have this problem:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.

and now I am not able to connect any usb device to my laptop making it virtually impossible to use windows 10.
How do I downgrade to windows 7,have enough of the beta testing.
I even have a purchased version of windows 10 pro which I really regret buying, worst investment ever.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6070b9bf-bb9a-4579-80aa-b64b1241a77c/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-because-a-previous-instance-of-the-device?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 72.67%

hi for some unkown reason half my memory is no longer working i have 8gb of ram on my computer yet it says only 4gb is available and if i go onto resource moniter it says that half of my memory is reserved for hardware? also im not great at computer so if you need anymore information please tell me how to find it

A:half my memory is'nt working

Please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/half-my-memory-isnt-working.1066274/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hopefully you can help me I have a GB mp player which seemed to be working fine I put music o a couple of days ago but track in each folder was corrupted and also there was some unreadable file in each folder which name began USB with some numbers letters after it it player be half should only MP3 memory what It s this machine not sure if its exactly the same but case is identical and so is basic spec the one I have has an FM radio as well which is useless http www argos co uk static Produ p MP players and digital jukeboxes htm I could not get these files removed by selecting delete but eventually managed somehow not quite sure what I did MP3 player memory only half what it should be The problem is that the MP3 player memory only half what it should be memory is now at half capacity even when I have no music on it Anybody had any experience of this I would be grateful for any suggestions on what steps to take to rectify this problem Cheers crichierules is online now Edit Delete Message nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-player-memory-only-half-what-it-should-be.424571/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have the same problem than in this post :

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/984824-only-half-ram-usable.html

My mother board is Asus P7P55D EVO
bios is updated

My memories are :
KVR1333D3N9/4G
4GB/PC3-10600 CL9 240 -Pin DIMM
Kingston

My operating system : windows 7.64 bit . premium edition

I would like to know if
doctorzeus
finally solve the problem.

Best Regards

Relevancy 72.67%

half of my memory used all the time and i don't have anything running that uses that much.
i tried running scan with malwarebytes and i didn't find any malware.

my specs:
cpu:i5 4440
ram:4gb 1600

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588811/half-of-my-memory-used-with-nothing-running/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello Just as OS shows up 4GB only & installed, but in 3GB BIOS the title said I m having problem getting all sticks of RAM to work My memory are OCZ SLI-Ready x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC model OCZ N SR GK I ve tested each of them with memtest and determined that they are working My motherboard is a BFG nForice i Ultra which according to the manual should support up to GB of DDR memory So this shouldn t be a mobo restriction either As for OS I am 4GB installed, but only 3GB shows up in OS & BIOS dual-booting with Ubuntu and Windows Vista Ultimate both are -bit NOTE that I am fully aware of the -bit vs -bit limitation when it come to large memory support However 4GB installed, but only 3GB shows up in OS & BIOS I want to know why even the BIOS would report only GB Only then would I go out and get a -bit OS for replacement I ve done some googling some one from another forum said in order for their BIOS to properly recognize over GB of RAM they had to enable something called Memory Mapping I don t see anything like that in my BIOS not a surprise since the person above used a mobo from a different manufacturer So any idea what s going on here nbsp

A:4GB installed, but only 3GB shows up in OS & BIOS

Might want to boot with each stick of memory and see if one of them is bad - and/or run memtest to find any errors. Could just be a bad stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4gb-installed-but-only-3gb-shows-up-in-os-bios.764059/
Relevancy 72.24%

I can see the HDD in BIOS and according to my device manager it s working properly But I cant see the partition in Windows Explorer Basically what I want is to access the files on the HDD and copy them Explorer shows nothing detected yet in HDD and XP BIOS devicemanager, in to my other disc Heres some background information which HDD detected in BIOS and XP devicemanager, yet shows nothing in Explorer may or may not be relevant The HDD is a Seagate Barracuda ATA V drive with GB model ST A My master disk is another Seagate running off the ATA-cable while this HDD along with the DVD-player runs off of the IDE-cable Ive tried using a separate IDE cable for the HDD there are two IDE-connectors on motherboard with no success There is no HDD detected in BIOS and XP devicemanager, yet shows nothing in Explorer jumpers set on this HDD which according to the documentation should set it as master However it is still my ATA-cabled disc that boots the system The only way to specifically set the HDD as slave is by a jumper setting to activate cable select The IDE-connector was damaged with one pin slightly pushed in on my previous system I remedied this by simply using a pair of pliers and pulling out again When I switched this HDD into my current system it seems the PIN was pushed all the way in and even fell off Im not HDD detected in BIOS and XP devicemanager, yet shows nothing in Explorer sure how this came about as it was my borther who helped me build the system and it may even have been me breaking the pin while trying to access the HDD in the new system Ive had a new pin inserted and soldered on the right connector on the HDD controller card Ive verified that there is an electrical connection between the two All my music is on that HDD I should have known better but here I am nbsp

A:HDD detected in BIOS and XP devicemanager, yet shows nothing in Explorer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-detected-in-bios-and-xp-devicemanager-yet-shows-nothing-in-explorer.481933/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I am Bios Memory Test Kill - Memory Displayed Cannot Not Solved: Test running Windows Solved: Bios Memory Test Not Displayed - Cannot Kill Memory Test Xp SP gig of Ram and am having an issue with my Gigabyte Motherboard model number P-G-RH and my BIOS version is F I have recently noticed an issue on my bios post screen when my PC is started the PC does the memory test where it should say Memory Test XXXXXXX x amount of RAM all i see on my screen is Memory T I can not see the test being undertaken after about and a half minutes the memory test will complete at which point i can see the full words Memory Test and how much memory was tested as well as my master and slave drives listed I CAN NOT skip the memory test by pressing space bar or esc i can only enter the bios via the delete button and i only enter the bios once the memory test has completed I can still run windows normally but i do not like that i am having to do a memory test everytime i start my PC I would like to point out while in XP the same amount of RAM shown when the test completes is consistant with what is shown in the quot My Computer quot properties I have tried all versions of my bios but still it is doing the memory test I would appreciate any help in getting this fixed I have not been able to find away to disable the memory test in the BIOS I hope you get back to me at your earliest convenience thanks nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all,

I am currently working on upgrading my OS to Win7 64-bit Home Premium.

These are my system specs:

System Configuration:
MB: Asus SK8V
CPU: Athlon FX-53 (socket 940)
RAM: 8GB Samsung Registered Buffered ECC
Harddrive1: Samsung Spinpoint 7200.10 SATA 120GB XP Pro 32-bit
Harddrive2: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 Sata 320GB (16MB cache) Windows 7 64-bit
GPU: Gigabyte HD4650 AGP
BIOS: SK8V1002 (AMIBIOS 8.0.0.3 derivitive)

This motherboard with this BIOS supports memory remapping and up to 8GB of RAM. Unfortunately, 1002 does not support dual core CPUs.

BIOS rev 1003 supports dual core cpus but, Asus in its infinite wisdom appears to have disabled the memory remapping feature.

If I flash to 1003 will Win7 64-bit acknowledge 8GB independent of the BIOS?

This will limit if I upgrade the CPU or the whole machine. I know the machine is older but I enjoy torturing every last ounce of service from my hardware.

Any input regarding the BIOS Win7 RAM question is appreciated?

Rick

A:Memory, BIOS, Windows 7 64-bit question

Welcome aboard!
I'd check directly with Asus. Memory remapping may be disabled by default but may be user selected. Only way to know is to try it.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/33401-memory-bios-windows-7-64-bit-question.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm trying to resolve a slow performing laptop.  In the process, I noticed that there is 16 GB of memory installed from Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  But the BIOS (Insyde F.13 09/07/2012) says that it only has 8 GB of memory.  Not everything in Windows is showing 16 GB, some displays only show 8 GB of memory.  I looked for a newer BIOS but could not find one.  Can this memory mismatch cause a performance issue?  The motherboard (Hewlett-Packard 181C), operating system (Windows 7 Home Premium) and processor (Intel Core i5-2450M) all support 16 GB of memory (DDR3 1066/1333/1600).  I have a matched pair of dual channel DDR3 1600 (2 x 8 GB) memory installed.

A:Memory recognition between BIOS and Windows

The 8 GB could be RAID drive. Please check if the computer has SSD allocated for RAID.Also please check and confirm the storage space and RAM memory. What you are looking at could be RAM memory and not storage meomory.Also check if the memory modules are same. If the modules differ, then the BIOS will read only the primery memory module.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-recognition-between-BIOS-and-Windows/td-p/5821763
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi
I was trying to redistribute my memory on my MSI laptop, so I downloaded Paragon Partition Manager and set it to run, unfortunately the comp crashed part the way through and I was unable to reload windows, i kept asking for a recovery disc which I didn't have, so I ran the recovery on the start menu, black screen, option f3. Unfortunately it is now showing only half of my 500gb memory, only 50 gb in C and only 200 in D drive. Can anyone please help.
Thank you so much in advance
Patri

A:Comp only showing half memory

Hi -

Please take a screenshot of Disk Management - be sure to max the screen -
START | type diskmgmt.msc

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198938-comp-only-showing-half-memory.html