Windows Support Forum

How to get UEFI boot menu to show up after windows 10 upgra...

Q: How to get UEFI boot menu to show up after windows 10 upgra...

My HP desktop PC, Envy 700-220ef, upgraded itself to Windows 10 a few days ago, without my blessing. Since them, at startup time it goes directly from the BIOS/POST screen to the Windows blue logo, so I get no chance, as I did before with Windows 8.1, to see the UEFI menu and select from it the operating system or boot source I want. How can I get the UEFI menu back ? Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to get UEFI boot menu to show up after windows 10 upgra...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to get UEFI boot menu to show up after windows 10 upgra...

@jpmarinier?, welcome to the forum. You should right click on the Start button in the lower left corner: select Command Prompt (Admin) / at the Prompt copy and paste this command: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes / it will tell you that the command has been completed successfully / type Exit and reboot. I did this and it gave me the Bootmgr screen. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-get-UEFI-boot-menu-to-show-up-after-windows-10/td-p/5683923
Relevancy 80.41%

I accidentally deleted the Windows boot entry in the Windows Boot Manager My laptop uses UEFI instead of BIOS The OS is Windows bit Home Premium Here what I tried and its results Use startup repair I tried to use Startup Repair from a Windows Installation Disk actually a USB However it said that the boot menu Repair 7 UEFI Windows on Recovery Options was not compatible There are many causes as mentioned in Causes of incompatibility and I was able to eliminate these -bit Installation Disk Checked Windows installer boot to UEFI don't know how to check CPU and OS architecture are the same Processor CPU Architecture is AMD OS is Windows NT don't know if the same or not Many suggest to use startup repair but I don't know how to make Repair Windows 7 boot menu on UEFI this work Use bootrec following Repair Windows efi bootloader three commands finished Repair Windows 7 boot menu on UEFI succesfully but I still doesn't see the Windows boot entry in the Windows Boot Manager Use diskpart open diskpart from the command promt from the Windows Repair Windows 7 boot menu on UEFI installation USB I was able to see gt gt list disk Disk Status Size Free Dyn Gpt Disk Online GB KB Disk Online MB KB gt gt list volume Volume Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info Volume F DVD-ROM No media Volume C Data NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume D Entertain NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume E Recovery NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume SYSTEM NTFS Partition MB Healthy Hidden Volume OS NTFS Partition GB Healthy Hidden Volume G WinUSB NTFS Partition MB Healthy I found that My disk is a GPT disk The Windows partition volume is hidden I tried to unhide the windows partition using active The selected disk is not a fixed MBR disk The ACTIVE command can only be used on fixed MBR disks attributes volume clear hidden Virtual Disk Service error The object is not found This has something to do with the UEFI since my PC doesn't use MBR I think if I can set the OS partition to active I can boot to Windows But don't know whether this is correct and how to do it This is how i quot accidentally quot delete the windows boot entry I use EasyBCD to add Ubuntu entry to the boot manager since after installing Ubuntu I can't boot to Ubuntu However it was no use since EasyBCD couldn't identify any boot entry I tried to add some Ubuntu entries and a Windows entry for testing but still didn't see any of them in EasyBCD in the Windows boot manager they all appeared Later I realized that EasyBCD didn't support EFI but EasyBCD beta does That's why the entries doesn't show up in EasyBCD Then I downloaded EasyBCD and deleted the added entries leaving a Windows and a Ubuntu entry The problem may come from here when I delete the wrong Windows entry

A:Repair Windows 7 boot menu on UEFI

Lets start with the basic stuff first. In your bios, there should be a Windows Boot Manager listed in the Boot options. Is that set to first priority? USB flash drives need additional steps to make them useable in UEFI. The Windows USB maker will not work. Use an Install DVD if you have one, if not, download one from here.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/offici...digital-river/

If you need to boot to the UEFI version of the Install DVD, you also need to go into the bios and select the UEFI DVD entry.

I will go through your post after this response, so let us know if you are able to run the Startup Repair, if needed.

What motherboard/system do you have?

Edit: EasyBCD is not UEFI aware. It may be able to repair some things, but I don't recommend using it, but since you say a beta does, I will do some testing.

Ubuntu has UEFI also and installs fine using it. No need to use some additional procedure to add it to the boot. Just use the Boot Menu F key to choose it from the list, or go into the Bios to set it first priority. The Boot Device list menu in a one time choice, and does not set that device to first priority in the bios.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248241-repair-windows-7-boot-menu-uefi.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so i have months lenovo ideapad z laptop i am unable to access UEFI BIOS menu and boot menu anymore these were the can't UEFI on menu and le... access my BIOS BOOT menu steps i tried with my laptop i have windows tried going to pc settings and selected uefi settings on restart But the problem still persist the laptop is just doing normal windows boot tried pressing hitting F F F DEL keys i have also used lenovo one key recovery button there it showed can't access UEFI BIOS menu and BOOT menu on my le... bios setup when i selected it and hit enter it is just doing normal windows boot still i can't access uefi bios tried ipdate BIOS for the laptop but unfortunately there was no bios update for this model tried resetting Laptop by removing battery and ac adapter can't access UEFI BIOS menu and BOOT menu on my le... and pressing and holding power button for seconds but still no use i can't access BIOS yet i tried removing the internal hard drive Out of the laptop and this time one starnage thing happened before nbsp with internal hard drive i used to get lenovo splash screen when turning ON but after removing hard drive and when i try to access bios i can't see the lenovo splash screen at all still i can't access BIOS please anybody help me with this particular issue i have already complanied about this problem to lenovo but they were saying it's keyboard it is soo silly they don't know what they were talking my keyboard is working perfectly i can able to use ENter key and all other keys in windows operating system even i tried with external keybord still i can't access BIOS nbsp nbsp Service Order SO number - nbsp Service Request number is nbsp nbsp please have a look and tell me the resilution thanks Solved Go to Solution

A:can't access UEFI BIOS menu and BOOT menu on my le...

hi sivasandeep99,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

If you have tried FN+F2 when boot?
Or holding down Shift and clicking restart?
If those steps did not work either,  You might need to contact Lenovo Technical Support and have the system shipped to Repair Facility for BIOS Reflash.

Found this article but it is for the same model that has same issue like yours.
http://support.lenovo.com/en_PH/diagnose-and-fix/detail.page?DocID=HT075709

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/can-t-access-UEFI-BIOS-menu-and-BOOT-menu-on-my-lenovo-z580/td-p/1353247
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi nbsp My comany is nbsp purchasing HP EliteDesk G some comes with HDD nbsp and some with SSD We deploy Windows x using SCCM using legacy boot nbsp On a machine with HDD installed I can configure the boot options to use legacy boot but when I replace the Legacy Bo... not a show as allow up and SSD UEFI only will boot disk to a SSD drive the only boot option for this drive is UEFI That causes the deployment to fail because the drive need to be partitioned as GPT On the other hand if I disable legacy boot PXE boot to UEFI and partition the disk as GPT after the image deployment the disk is unable SSD will only allow UEFI boot and not show up as a Legacy Bo... to boot with xc d error I imagine the cause is Windows support becuase it does work on Windows nbsp Bottom line I can install Windows on a SSD will only allow UEFI boot and not show up as a Legacy Bo... HP EliteDesk G only if nbsp legacy boot is enabled and I partition the disk as UEFI Is there any way of forcing the SSD to boot as legacy and not UEFI Is this issue caused by the workstation or is it enforced by the SSD nbsp thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/SSD-will-only-allow-UEFI-boot-and-not-show-up-as-a-Legacy/td-p/5642769
Relevancy 71.38%

My hp 14-ac106tu won't show cd room boot option in uefi mode I have already enable cd room boot and disable secure boot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-hp-14-ac106tu-won-t-show-cd-room-boot-option-in-uefi-mode/td-p/5851785
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a desktop PC Acer XC600, the hard disk is formatted in the UEFI-Scheme. Now I want to do a clean install of a fresh Win8, but I cannot manage to boot into UEFI-mode, neither from DVD or USB.

I can reach a boot menu by pressing F12, but there is nothing like shown in the article about installing Win8 in UEFI mode. Only standard bios devices show up. There are simply no UEFI devices. I tried different usb sticks, dvds, formatted them different ways, but the best I can get is the point where setup says "cannot install because the disk is formatted GPT"

But the acutal system is definitely running in UEFI mode (?)

A:no UEFI device in boot menu

There has to be a way to set your BIOS to do a UEFI install. In my case, when I hit f12, I am offered a choice of two options on the boot menu and they read something like this:

Windows Boot Manager
Patriot Pyro
Optiarc DVD
UEFI Optiarc DVD

Now, that is not the exact wording. You need to consult you mobo manual for how to set that option on the boot menu.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/28601-no-uefi-device-boot-menu.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Dell XPS that failed Windows anniversary update until UEFI secure boot was turned off It apparently then completed but I cannot re-enable Windows update secure 10 disabled 8700 XPS needed enable now secure anniversary UEFI can't boot boot to UEFI complete secure boot without the same boot problem advising Recoveryyour pc device needs to be repaired during Windows anniversary updateAn unexpected error has occurredError Code xc you ll need to use recovery tools nbsp nbsp Is there a solution to enable UEFI secure boot nbsp I am using a Dell XPS pc with XPS 8700 needed UEFI secure boot disabled to complete Windows 10 anniversary update can't enable UEFI secure boot now an SSD drive The Windows update was installingthen after one of the reboots the error above nbsp The pc was running prior to the update and had UEFI OS secure boot enabled nbsp no prior problems I attempted to do any of the safe mode boots but none would proceed Disabling the UEFI safe secure boot mode apparently let the install continue and the das it did before with I believe completion of the installation of Windows anniversary update PC now shows Windows home Ver The problem returns if I enable UEFI secure boot and the PC stops I would like to determine a wayto locate the problem or issue related to the secure boot nbsp Using the media creation tool may justrepeat the problem once secure boot is re-enabled nbsp Dell lists that they have tested XPS with this update and have not indicated problems no mention of secure boot issue

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993741
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Dell XPS that failed Windows anniversary update until UEFI secure boot was turned off It apparently then completed but I cannot re-enable secure boot without the same boot problem advising Recoveryyour pc device needs to be repaired during Windows anniversary updateAn unexpected error has occurredError boot update to Windows can't needed XPS boot enable anniversary now UEFI secure complete 8700 disabled secure 10 UEFI Code xc you ll need to use recovery tools nbsp nbsp Is there a solution to enable UEFI secure boot nbsp I am using a Dell XPS pc with an SSD drive The Windows update was installingthen after one of the reboots the error above nbsp XPS 8700 needed UEFI secure boot disabled to complete Windows 10 anniversary update can't enable UEFI secure boot now The pc was running prior to the update and had UEFI OS secure boot XPS 8700 needed UEFI secure boot disabled to complete Windows 10 anniversary update can't enable UEFI secure boot now enabled nbsp no prior problems I attempted to do any of the safe mode boots but none would proceed Disabling the UEFI safe secure boot mode apparently let the install continue and the das it did before with I believe completion of the installation of Windows anniversary update PC now shows Windows home Ver The problem returns if I enable UEFI secure boot and the PC stops I would like to determine a wayto locate the problem or issue related to the secure boot nbsp Using the media creation tool may justrepeat the problem once secure boot is re-enabled nbsp Dell lists that they have tested XPS with this update and have not indicated problems no mention of secure boot issue

A:XPS 8700 needed UEFI secure boot disabled to complete Windows 10 anniversary update can't enable UEFI secure boot now

rdubayah,
If your computer was running WIndows 10 without any issues prior to downloading the Anniversary update, then you would not have had to change any settings in the bios to install the update.The UEFI and Secure Boot settings are to enable booting with a USB or DVD to install Windows.
Disable Legacy Boot Mode and Enable UEFI
Start the computer and TAP the F2 key to enter the bios. Once in the bios Press F9 to Restore the bios to the Default Settings. F10 to save changes and exit. You could have a hardware problem. To run a hardare diagnostics on the computer you would start the computer and TAP the F5 key. Insert a cd/dvd in the optical drive for running the diags.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19993741
Relevancy 70.52%

Belarc reports UEFI American Megatrends Inc P -B Operating System Windows Home x Version build Installed AM Servicing Branch Current Branch CB Boot Mode UEFI with successful Secure Boot This is my brother s computer originally it was Win upgraded to Win and then in Apr to Win --- The computer runs OK and I ve shown him how to use MRF to create system image backups --- Today Aug we tried to test recovering yesterday s Aug system image backup --- It didn t go well at all --- The MR recovery DVD-RW didn t boot up in order to test it I thought of disabling Secure Boot Menu into boot UEFI BIOS Boot or Cannot to see if that was blocking the MR bootable Rescue DVD-RW However we weren t able to boot into either the UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu --- According to Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu our notes DEL is used to boot into the UEFI BIOS and F is for the Boot Menu --- However when booting up in less than a split second something scrolls up but the computer immediately boots into Windows to log in --- That s much too fast to get into the UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu --- Please help us figure out what to do Following that I ll have to learn how to ensure proper system image backups and recovery using MRF --- I don t recall any issues when I had Win but re-training myself makes sense to me because it s obvious I don t understand it well --- For now I m going to Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu completely uninstall MRF from his computer and hope to start over with a clean slate

A:Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

Try F2 or F8 while Powering ON.. (which you might already Have). If no go update BIOS(which you might already have).

Assuming you have Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 on computer.. Do a Shift + Restart >> Troubleshoot >> Advanced Options >> Change UEFI firmware settings...Restart.
U should be be able to boot in BIOS.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/59381-cannot-boot-into-uefi-bios-boot-menu.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Ok so i have months lenovo ideapad z laptop i am unable to access UEFI BIOS menu and boot menu anymore these were the steps i tried with my laptop i have windows tried going to pc settings and selected uefi settings on restart But the problem still persist the laptop is just doing normal windows boot tried pressing hitting F F F DEL keys i have also used lenovo one key recovery button there it showed quot bios setup quot when i selected it and hit enter it is just doing normal windows boot still i can't access uefi bios tried updating BIOS for the laptop but unfortunately there was no bios update for this model tried resetting Laptop by removing battery and ac adapter and pressing and holding power button for seconds but still no use i can't access BIOS yet i tried removing the internal hard drive Out of the laptop and this time one starnage thing happened quot before with internal hard drive i used to get lenovo splash screen when turning ON but after removing hard drive and when i try to access bios i can't see the lenovo splash screen at all quot still i can't access BIOS i even have tried holding down Shift key letter B when starting up the laptop but still didn't work seems like windows makes changes to BIOS please anybody help me with this particular issue thanks

A:can't access UEFI BIOS and BOOT menu on my lenovo z580

I own a Lenovo G700, and I have heard that Shift + F2 will get you into the BIOS. It might work if all else fails. You can also call Lenovo support or search around a bit more. But in my case I have to use the hardware OneKey Recovery button to access it.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37210-cant-access-uefi-bios-boot-menu-my-lenovo-z580.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Dear Friends Long time reader of this forum but a first time poster so please forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered Laptop ASUS UX A-DB 8. UEFI UEFI Windows boot USB Disk - Does from not latest BIOS Originally my laptop came with Windows and when i looked at disk management my disks were formatted with UEFI schema One UEFI USB Disk - Does not boot from UEFI Windows 8. of my friend gave me a UEFI bootable USB drive loaded with Windows So i thought why not give it a try So I created a backup of my OEM Windows and saved the iso files in a seperate external HD created twice just to be sure Now i decided to load the Windows Booted into the BIOS and there is an option to select the USB drive along with the UEFI option for that USB drive I selected the UEFI option but some reason it does not boot into UEFI So i decided to select the standard USB install and this option let me install windows In the process of installing i formatted the partitions and made a single partition and installed Windows on it I am guessing now the drive is not GPT but MBR I also noticed that his installation USB disk had an option to select either bit or bit of Windows I find this kind of odd Would Microsoft create a same iso file with both versions I am guessing he created the USB from a illegitimate source I am planning on purchasing Windows Pro version as an iso but wanted to be confident that it would work with UEFI architecture Questions Why would the system NOT boot from UEFI If I download the legitimate iso from Microsoft and wanted to install Window Pro via UEFI I am sure i would have to format my SSD to GPT and how would i go about formatting it during installation How would i create a recoverable USB for my iso image i created for Windows via ASUS AI Recovery Do I need to follow the same procedure as stated in creating bootable USB disk i e FAT system via diskpart utility I know there are a lot of questions but would like to get your feedback before i can move to a next step Thanks

A:UEFI USB Disk - Does not boot from UEFI Windows 8.

Welcome. Begin with Clean Install - Windows 8. See the UEFI links in the tutorial: How to Install Windows 8 Using "Unified Extensible Firmware Interface" (UEFI). You also will want to see this tutorial link: How to Do a Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22021-uefi-usb-disk-does-not-boot-uefi-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi there I am hoping someone here can help I just picked up my new W computer from the store and started playing with it I inserted GPT Hard Drives All three showed in the UEFI but only one of them showed up in Device Manager and in Disk Management No matter what I tried I could not get those other disks to show up Finally I in SOME Windows not UEFI in but show Drives decided to re-load the whole darned thing from the recovery partition and re-load all drivers etc Now all three Hard drives I had inserted showed in Windows I looked at all of them - all are fine - no Hardware issues However I later changed the positions of the hard drives i e the drive that WAS in slot was moved to slot etc I m right back to where I was before All three drives show in SOME Drives show in UEFI but not in Windows the UEFI only one of them shows in Windows This is my first machine with a UEFI Is there something special that needs to be done to get those drives to show up in Windows One more thing I SOME Drives show in UEFI but not in Windows also started the system using a bootable CD Aronis recovery CD and from here all drives are visible

A:SOME Drives show in UEFI but not in Windows

you may want to look into your intel rapid storage technology settings

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63768-some-drives-show-uefi-but-not-windows.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have XP (x86) installed on one partition.

Last night I installed Windows 7 (x64) on a separate partition.

Anytime I had tried this in the past, using Vista, it always detected the Windows XP partition, and gave me a boot menu with "Earlier Version of Windows" option to boot to.

This is not so with Windows 7.

How can I get the boot menu to show both options, to boot to XP or to Win7?

Thank you

A:boot menu doesn't show up - XP and Win7 dual boot

Try this tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/33936-boot-menu-doesnt-show-up-xp-win7-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All. Long story short. I had my system working well with Win7 on Drive C and XP on Drive E both active in Start Menu but after trying to recover some missing space on my EXTERNAL 400Mb Drive things went pear-shaped and my system decided that it would boot straight to Win7 totally ignoring the StartMenu.After hours of re-installing XP several times as upgrade and Full it now boots straight to XP.
I can see and access the primary drive C (Win 7)contents when I click its icon and it is shown in My Computer, Disk Management and Control Panel devices-Disk Drives.Any help would be well appreciated before I have a coronary

A:Win 7 No Show on Boot Menu

When you installed XP it wiped out the Windows 7 boot data on C and replaced it with the XP info.

You now need a boot manager, or boot to the Windows 7 DVD and do a repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-no-show-on-boot-menu.885016/
Relevancy 63.64%

this on my other computer its a Windows Vista. I have not done anything to it. it just randomly did this one day. but it hangs at the 1st screen that shows. i cant get into CMOS i tried replacing ram, resetting cmos, taking out all peripherals. rebooting from disk but nothing is working. its just stuck froze on the screen indicating that i can press these buttons that will bring me to configuration etc. its a HP Invent screen

A:Computer hang at boot menu (1st screen show)

It means severe hardware failure. The problem is that the hardware could be almost anything; even a failing hard drive can cause this as it's probably trying desperately to discover and read the drive before allowing you to access the BIOS or continue with POST.

If this is a laptop, your chances of swapping hardware to fix this are slim, as you can only really replace the RAM or the drive, and either probably is not causing it. If it's a desktop, the problem is that we're looking a very wide range of hardware to swap, so you could working at this for a while and spending an unnecessary amount of money to fix it.

Given that this is an HP, your best bet is to check to see if the warranty is still active on it and then plea for a replacement. They will make every means possible to prevent you from doing so by skirting the issue, but be diligent and patient with them and you'll end up with a working replacement PC in your hands.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-hang-at-boot-menu-1st-screen-show-618175.html
Relevancy 61.92%

We have 2 Precision T3610 computers and want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 in UEFI mode.  One computer worked using a Win10 FAT32 (UEFI-compatible) USB key and is successfully running Windows 10 booting in UEFI.  The other doesn't show any UEFI boot options with the same USB key installed, same BIOS, same options set.
Tried front and rear USB 2.0 slots, tried 3 different FAT32 Windows 10 installation keys.  Current BIOS A14 on both computers.  Tried downgrading BIOS to A13, still no options (only Legacy boot options show up even when in UEFI mode).  Cleared CMOS with jumper, still no options.  Upgraded BIOS back to A14, still no options.
Any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986790
Relevancy 61.49%
Relevancy 61.49%

This issue has been resolved Look at Page posts and You need to enable Legacy MBR by Enabling Launch CSM in the EFI Setup Hello all This is my first post I am a Windows user and now against my will Windows I bought an ASUS N laptop pre-loaded with Windows so these are the new generation n series The old ones come with Windows Anyway I attempted to boot a Windows ULT install DVD but the install hangs on the Windows logo flag So - Windows is loading files is shown and hidden - The animated Windows logo appears and then it just hangs go figure I have no idea what is going wrong I went into the Install 64 Logo - W7 (DVD on Hangs Asus UEFI UEFI Boot) N76 UEFI setup and the only option for my BR is EUFI boot I also added a quot boot option quot asking the EFI to boot quot efi microsoft boot boot efi quot or quot efi microsoft Asus N76 UEFI - W7 64 Install Hangs on Logo (DVD UEFI Boot) boot boot efi quot but when selected from Boot Override the screen goes blank for a few seconds the BR starts spinning and I am thrown back at the EFI so it looks like it cannot find the file For path I selected the BR device and at the end has a quot quot I have secure boot disabled yep I have an option for that So now I am left empty handed and I am stuck with Windows I even put in a brand new SSD hoping I would install W on it but I can't even start the setup Argh I am very experienced with MBR and BIOS but I am a complete newbie to UEFI I don't know what is going wrong and why the setup hangs There are no crazy error messages It just sits doing nothing The BR drive spins and then it just stops I have attached some screenies of my EFI It is a brand new laptop I'd say a motherboard issue But then I have no issues running W on it I just want a fresh install of the OS on the SSD I have a brand new unused copy of W ULT

A:Asus N76 UEFI - W7 64 Install Hangs on Logo (DVD UEFI Boot)

Win8 PC's have Secure BIOS which must be disabled to install any other oS, then you can install in UEFI mode following these steps: Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

If you want to bypass UEFI and install normally to an MBR drive the procedure is related here: MS new "Secure Boot" locked BIOS arrives

Other info on EFI:
Technical Note: UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS - YouTube
The 30-year-long Reign of BIOS is Over: Why UEFI W... - Input Output

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/268150-asus-n76-uefi-w7-64-install-hangs-logo-dvd-uefi-boot.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Trying to understand handshaking between UEFI amp Win Have Win Pro sp installed on SSD mb Asus F A -V Pro Example boot to flashdrive to do Acronis backup of SSD remove SDD insert spinner boot again to flashdrive to do Acronis restore to spinner to test backup remove flashdrive boot to UEFI set UEFI spinner as default save amp reset spinner starts boot Win logo shows briefly reboots and shows Win repair normal screen choose normal Windows desktop shows new driver is loaded for spinner and asks for reboot that part I understand reboot starts and again briefly shows Win logo before UEFI handshaking keeps changing; confusion boot UEFI/Win7 yet again rebooting to the Win repair normal screen again choose normal amp all is happy But then I remove the spinner insert the SSD and have to go through the whole deal again Why so many reboots Similarly if I change any hd flashdrive configuration my UEFI boot selection is lost amp I have to reset it again - sometimes with the UEFI boot keeps changing; UEFI/Win7 handshaking confusion multiple reboot scenerio sometimes not Sure wish I could force that the UEFI selection stay there as long as the selected drive is installed

A:UEFI boot keeps changing; UEFI/Win7 handshaking confusion

Hello and welcome diana look I am having a little difficulty in following the train of the thread.

Now do you mean you just backed up the SSD to a USB stick ? then tried to transfer that USB stick back up to the spinner? If it was just a back up then I don't think it is going to work because it is only a backup.

To make the spinner the boot device I would be cloning the SSD to the spinner. I wouldn't mucking around with sticks as I cannot see why that is necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/282494-uefi-boot-keeps-changing-uefi-win7-handshaking-confusion.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello ? Satellite dual win How 8 UEFI UEFi: Win boot 7 L850 & to the forum Thanks for the welcome And thanks for pointing me in this subforum I have a notebook toshiba satellite L - HU with Satellite L850 & Win 8 UEFi: How dual boot UEFI win 7 ? UEFI Default is win os recently upgraded to Satellite L850 & Win 8 UEFi: How dual boot UEFI win 7 ? Now I need to win I have a professional license N sp x and then supports UEFI Is possible to combine the systems in dual boot and both in UEFI mode I see from your guides that for installation the UEFI is necessary partition in a certain way What should I do if I want to leave intact the UEFI partition of win partition I just make only space for win partition that will use the same partition UEFI of win or i make other partition And which of the two systems will handle the boot I can decide I and the warranty restores factory work If I change hdd and install win when I put the old hdd it works as before removing it Sorry for the confusion I hope you manage to understand me and help Ciao forum E grazie Saluti dall'Italia

A:Satellite L850 & Win 8 UEFi: How dual boot UEFI win 7 ?

If I change hdd, and install win 7, when I put the old hdd, it works as before removing it?

Yes. This is how I do any OS tests\'dual boot'\experiments etc with zero chance of damage to the original boot OS\hd. Am keeping a bunch of old HD's for the purpose. The downside is the slight risk for some mechanic\connection problems, just be careful, remember to power down! So if you don't find it troublesome to switch HD's, IMO go ahead and try that route.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42296-satellite-l850-win-8-uefi-how-dual-boot-uefi-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all,

Currently having a wake on lan issue with a certain computer.

The machine is setup correctly but the windows boot information is stored in a 100mb UEFI partition, and when the computer wakes on lan, it will not boot windows, just sit at a blank screen.

When it wakes on lan it is trying to boot from the legacy device (same blank screen happens if you choose to boot from it from bios)

ive tried updating the bios but no luck, all settings seem to be as they should be.

Is there some trick to get it to load the UEFI MBR, or is there a safe way other then reformatting the machine to move the MBR over to the legacy device itself?

Thanks for any help.

A:Boot UEFI from wake on lan, or convert UEFI MBR to legacy.

Back up your files, unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup to enable Legacy BIOS. Next check BIOS Boot order for an EFI Boot Disk: remove it, set DVD drive first to boot, HD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SEL DIS 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CONVERT MBR
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264768-boot-uefi-wake-lan-convert-uefi-mbr-legacy.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hallo After creating a mistake Boot Manager) (Windows option Deleted boot Uefi by UEFI bootable USB thumb drive with Rufus using Windows Enterprise ISO x for a Dell Optiplex configured as UEFI only no CSM latest firmware version Windows installed I didn't see a USB boot option so I tried to add one manually Unfortunately I erased the existing boot option boot manager by mistake Although there were two boot options for PXE booting the machine will not start anymore even when there is an active WDS server on the network I also see Led's and lighting up meaning according to the manual Deleted Uefi boot option (Windows Boot Manager) by mistake 'hardware ok but bios possibly damaged corrupt' I understand I cannot start the machine from a bios boot disk because of GPT partitioning and the UEFI USB boot disk I made might be corrupt as it didn't show up as a boot option however I don't understand why it won't boot from the PXE network card as these boot options are still there Any suggestions on how to solve this Thanks for any useful tips Bavo

A:Deleted Uefi boot option (Windows Boot Manager) by mistake

The Windows Boot Manager is held in the Bios and restores itself if you boot to a UEFI capable device. Could you please explain exactly what you did to "Add" the USB boot option?

I haven't used Rufus since it is so easy to just format the drive yourself, but it did format in Fat32?

I have the PXE boot options disabled in my bios since I do not have a network boot option.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/43205-deleted-uefi-boot-option-windows-boot-manager-mistake.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Is there currently any way to configure a custom boot logo for UEFI booting? I can only find methods for Legacy users, but no luck with UEFI.

I'm kind of new to custom boot logos, so if anybody could give me some information as to if it's possible first?

Regards

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/43037-custom-boot-logo-windows-10-uefi-boot-method-non-legacy.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Just curious, but is there option for me to enable uefi boot of my Windows 10 Professional installation on my HP xw6600 dual quad core E5450 machine which holds two Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, one for Windows 10 and the other completely for Ubuntu LTS 16.04.When possible,  how to go about it. How do I enable this option. Yours truly, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/enabling-secure-uefi-boot-Windows-10-dual-boot-with-ubuntu/td-p/5631758
Relevancy 59.77%

I am in the process of doing a number of clean installs I am trying to make a decision as to whether or not to utilize the UEFI and Secure Boot modes which are available on the MBs It seems from an initial attempt that I cannot simply use UEFI GPT without turning not UEFI/SB, or is UEFI/Secure question.. to Boot the that on UEFI/Secure Boot or not to UEFI/SB, that is the question.. Secure Boot that is one must NOT use CSM turn it off and USE Secure Boot You cannot use UEFI without Secure Boot Is this correct I am considering us ng UEFI without Secure Boot because I hear it is faster However I am concerned that I will run into all sorts of trouble turning Secure Boot on with respect to double booting Win and additionally with creating images with Acronis I have been in the habit of creating a new PC with an extra drive with a cloned OS then disconnecting the drive so that if the first OS drive fails the person can boot up quickly with the other drive I am concerned that there will be a problem with Secure Boot I mean how many times have I been infected with a root kit some virus that take over at boot time Answer never since I started with PCs in So anyone really think Secure Boot is worth it

A:UEFI/Secure Boot or not to UEFI/SB, that is the question..

Originally Posted by Andrew124C41

I am considering using UEFI without Secure Boot because I hear it is faster.

Secure Boot does not affect the speed of your computer.

However, I am concerned that I will run into all sorts of trouble turning Secure Boot on with respect to double booting Win 10...and additionally with creating images with Acronis.

Windows 8/8.1/10 are compatible with the Secure Boot.

I don't know about Acronis True Image but Macrium Reflect is compatible with the Secure Boot.

So, anyone really think Secure Boot is worth it?

It is a very important security feature.

Microsoft designed Secure Boot to protect the computer from low-level exploits and rootkits and bootloaders. A security process shared between the operating system and Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI, replacing the BIOS), Secure Boot requires all the applications that are running during the booting process to be pre-signed with valid digital certificates. This way, the system knows all the files being loaded before Windows 8 loads and gets to the login screen have not been tampered with.

If a bootloader has infected your computer and it tries to load during the boot-up sequence, Secure Boot will be able to undo all the changes and thwart the attack. Having Secure Boot means it is that much harder for attackers to try to compromise the start up sequence.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/67603-uefi-secure-boot-not-uefi-sb-question.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone...
I have a request, I am using Windows 8.1, now I have a problem because i wanted do dual boot it with ubuntu and it didnt work on UEFI mode, but then when I installed ubuntu windows 8 wouldn't start... then I formated it with a downloaded windows 8 torrent... but now I can't start it on UEFI mode

it says somethind "media not found" or "faild" ...
so if I want to start it I have to change to legacy mode......

Is there anyway to get it back to start it with UEFI??? Please HELPPP
It aint activated yet.. windows 8.1 pro... is there any activatior or something too???

Or if I downgrade it to Windows 7? would it be any more the UEFI problem???

sorry for english... thanks

A:Please HELP!! Windows 8 UEFI boot !!! HELPP

Try disabling Secure Boot in BIOS. A windows 8 torrent? That doesn't sound good.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41054-please-help-windows-8-uefi-boot-helpp.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have very little experience with Windows until now I am having an issue trying boot to UEFI Trying how Understand Windows from and DVD to to run System Refresh or System Restore from the System Recovery Environment booted from the Windows disc When I try to run it from the disc I already System Refresh says that the drive is locked I tried System Restore and it said no OS's were found I went into the CMD prompt and went to c and can see the Trying to Understand UEFI and how to boot from Windows DVD drive just fine Steps tried running fixboot fixmbr rebuildbcd commands from CMDrunning dskchk f which forced a dismount I then read something about a non UEFI bootable disk couldn't access a GPT partition which I think is the case here So then I tried oscdimg to make my iso UEFI bootable twice and Trying to Understand UEFI and how to boot from Windows DVD the UEFI Boot Manager still only shows 'Windows Boot Manager' at the boot menu I even tried downloading an iso that was already UEFI incase I did it wrong and it still doesn't see it Not sure what I'm doing wrong here

A:Trying to Understand UEFI and how to boot from Windows DVD

When you go to your BIOS boot options the DVD drive should be listed twice, once with UEFI in front of it and one entry with no UEFI in the description. Selecting the entry with UEFI in the description will boot from the DVD in UEFI mode. If the PC doesn't have UEFI or UEFI is disabled you won't see UEFI mentioned in the boot menu.

The screen shot in step 4 here, UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with will show what I mean.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/31743-trying-understand-uefi-how-boot-windows-dvd.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey all I just got a new HP ENVY dv t- CTO Quad that came pre-loaded with 8 to DVD or install from Windows UEFI USB cannot boot Windows I wanted to install Windows so I enabled quot Legacy Support quot in the BIOS which disabled UEFI mode Everything went fine from there I ultimately decided to go back to Windows I found this guide but could not get my Windows installation that I have on disc to load on startup UEFI Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Install Windows with I disabled quot Legacy Support quot in the BIOS so now UEFI mode is re-activated My UEFI Boot Order in the BIOS is CD DVD Rom USB Drive OS Boot Manager But when I have the disc in UEFI cannot boot from USB or DVD to install Windows 8 and restart windows it does not read the Windows installation from the disc If I press F to change the Boot Order it only shows OS Boot Manager Boot from EFI File It should be noted that the it will recognize the disc if I'm not booting in UEFI mode I could install Windows again without UEFI but I would really prefer it Any suggestions

A:UEFI cannot boot from USB or DVD to install Windows 8

Solved -I went to System Recovery while starting up by hitting F11, then used the option to restore the comp back to factory settings. It installed Windows 8 in UEFI Mode

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/15098-uefi-cannot-boot-usb-dvd-install-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

The problem is a freeze during Windows 7 64 bit installation loading disk.sys when booting in UEFI mode.

According to Intel online support (https://communities.intel.com/message/206067) :
+"Windows 7 Setup has a problem detecting Toshiba SSD"+

*Disk Drive ATA TOSHIBA THNSNH25 SCSI Disk Device (238 GB)*

Is there anything to do that would make Windows 7 setup loader work with the SSD drive ?

A:Windows 7 freeze after UEFI boot because of SSD

I read the discussion on the Intel community page.
It looks like you already tried all possible solutions to install Win 7.
It looks like Win 8 can be installed properly but only Win 7 isn?t possible.
Not quite sure why this isn?t possible but in case its SSD drive issue, you should try another SSD drive.
Maybe its a compatibility problem between the controller and SSD drive.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73297-Windows-7-freeze-after-UEFI-boot-because-of-SSD
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I bought a 3TB harddisk and I can only use 2TB of it
I read some forum and it said I have to install windows by uefi boot
And change format from mgb to gpt so I can use 3TB

My motherboard is Asrock H81M

I want to know how can I use uefi boot, I am total idiot in computer, thanks for help

A:How to use UEFI boot to install windows 7?

Is Windows installed on this 3TB HDD or is it being used purely as a storage drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316645-how-use-uefi-boot-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have set up a under UEFI boot manager Windows dual UEFI boot with windows and WDP every thing is working as it should be but I Windows boot manager under UEFI have one question about the Boot manager When I boot my system WDP boots automatically until it is just before the logon screen at this point I get the Boot manager coming up with the choice of operating system This is ok If I want to use WDP which is the primary system but it is annoying if I want to select Windows Selecting Windows causes the system to reboot and start in Windows This is even more annoying if I am using WDP and want to switch to Windows as I have to reboot to the Boot screen and then reboot again to Windows Does anyone know if it is possible to make a change to the boot manager so that it comes up before WDP boots If I was to change to the Windows boot manager would it work the same as WDP assuming the Windows Boot manager will see WDP

A:Windows boot manager under UEFI

Just run msconfig from within windows 7 and set win 7 as default.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/3402-windows-boot-manager-under-uefi.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I have been trying to re install my windows 7 due to computer being old, a lot of trash and shit on it, but when I try to reinstall it I can't get the windows.old things out. So I went into the BIOS thingy and changed the boot order so the computer would fire up the CD first. But the problem is when I do that the "instalation menu" for windows 7 wont show. To clarify what i'm trying to come across, this is what the menu should look like

http://windowshjalp.se/screenshots/c..._dvdboot/6.png

But when I try to get there all I get is the blue screen thats behind, and the install menu wont show. I have no clue why and I would like to get it fixed asap. Please help

A:Can't get a clean install with windows 7, menu wont show

Are you sure you booted from dvd? So you saw "press any key to boot from dvd" and you pressed a key. Can you make a camshot of bsod and post it

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/288517-cant-get-clean-install-windows-7-menu-wont-show.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I guess this is best explained with images, so here's what I want. (If possible of course).

So in this screenshot you can see my Start Menu, notice that some of this icons (Steam, Curse Client and Origin) have an arrow next to them? When you hover, or click, with the mouse the Task menu opens up.
What I want is to add an icon of Microsoft Office and make it so that the arrow is there too (just like Steam, Origin and Curse Client) and make it so that when I click or hover the Task menu will appear, and on the list will be MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc
I would like to know if it's at all possible and if so how can I do it?

Any help would be appreciated.

A:How do I pin a folder to Start Menu and have it show Task side menu?

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Nice wall care to share the original with us

I don't know how one would go about that with the start menu and all of the office programs,
I believe it would be possible using a toolbar on the taskbar though,
Customize toolbar,
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/windows-7-annoyances/5c785b0f-3ec6-498f-b0dc-61f776c79928

Windows 7 annoyances - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/360618-how-do-i-pin-folder-start-menu-have-show-task-side-menu.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a new laptop after about 8 years. Previously, I had BIOS in my old laptop from which while booting, I could easily press the F8 key and choose to boot from any other medium such as a USB or a DVD. So, suppose when my OS used to crash or get bricked, I simply waited for the BIOS to turn on, and I hit the F8 key to boot using a Windows DVD and reinstall the OS to solve my problems. But now, in my new laptop which has UEFI and Windows 8.1, suppose if the OS completely gets corrupted, how do I boot from a DVD?

The only way I know how to boot using a DVD is to load Windows 8.1 and then head into settings and schedule it to boot from DVD the next time, but what if I cannot load Win 8.1 at all?

Thanks

A:How to Boot from External Media in UEFI Windows 8.1

F2 - DEL or ESC should get you into firmware setting to change boot order..

F12 - gets me into boot menu

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63368-how-boot-external-media-uefi-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I just updated my bios to uefi to get secure boot. but windows 8 compatibility tool still says my bios does not support have secure boot. Can i still install windows 8? I already ordered my upgrade dvd.

A:Can i still install windows 8 if my uefi does not have secure boot?

Yes, you can.

My UEFI BIOS doesn't support secure-boot either, and W8 installs and runs without a hitch.

Go for it, and good luck!!

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10811-can-i-still-install-windows-8-if-my-uefi-does-not-have-secure-boot.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Advanced startup doesn't work, and i can't boot into UEFI or BIOS by pressing esc or any of the f keys.tThis problem started once i upgraded to Windows 10. I went to my product page to find drivers or software updates but there weren't any.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-t-boot-into-UEFI-or-BIOS-after-Windows-10-update-and/td-p/5707725
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Dell Precision Tower 5810 running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
I created Rescue Media for the Macrium Reflect Free Imaging Software on a USB Flash Drive.
I can boot to that USB Flash Drive IF I can first boot into Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
But, the chances are that when I will need that Rescue Media, I probably will not be able to boot into Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.
I have tried to directly access the UEFI by pressing the F2 key at the Dell Logo after powering on the System.  I also tried F12.  Neither has worked.
Is there something different that needs to be done on a Dell Precision Tower 5810 running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit to directly access the UEFI & change the boot sequence when I cannot boot into Windows?

A:Accessing PC's UEFI Settings if I canNOT boot into Windows

Donald357,
Below are some links to help you with the UEFI settings.
Access UEFI (BIOS) System Setup from Windows 8 / 8.1
How to troubleshoot and reinstall the operating system on Precision Desktop Workstations

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19659957
Relevancy 57.19%

I was wondering if 7 serious boot to trouble gpt windows UEFI usb install getting Having someone can help me on this I have a Dell XPS L X Laptop that currently has windows installed on it Im trying to set it up as a dual-boot system with windows as a secondary OS I have a Windows X bit OEM disk and tried to install windows Having serious trouble getting windows 7 gpt usb install to boot UEFI from the disk but it would not allow me to install the operating system to a disk that was initalized as GPT So I followed these instructions to make a bootable USB Stick Fat GPT to install media I set the bios to UEFI Secure Boot Off and attempted to boot from the usb stick When the Start Windows Screen came up it hung So I tried to boot that stick on another computer and got a windows failed to start error Xc I cant reinstall Windows because it has a programs and data on it that the owner does not want to reinstall or cant is there a way to install Windows in dual boot mode with a GPT Disk on this particular dell machine

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/384060-having-serious-trouble-getting-windows-7-gpt-usb-install-boot-uefi.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows HP Pavilion ea Desktop PC I have Secure Boot turned off I have Legacy Boot turned on but do not think boot Cannot Pavilion Windows UEFI 8.1 CD set to order HP that is needed This link gives me instructions to boot from CD but they seem not to make sense from No h www hp com ewfrf wc document cc uk amp lc en Cannot set UEFI boot order to CD Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion amp docname c in that at - - it seems to require me to select the CD then boot to Windows Cannot set UEFI boot order to CD Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion from HDD then restart and do the same again but this time select CD again or something I expected to set the Cannot set UEFI boot order to CD Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion device then restart the computer and it would boot from the device not restart Windows as described I was able to boot from a WinPE b CD I then decided to try changing boot order in the UEFI BIOS From then on the HP F described menu showed 'Windows Boot Menu' only under UEFI Devices I could only boot from CD after putting the order back to 'Windows Boot menu' at the top of the order list after which as long as the CD was in the drive the F list showed the CD drive as selectable to boot from I find this after years of normal BIOS to be confusing Can somebody help please

A:Cannot set UEFI boot order to CD Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion

You can boot any DVD/CD/USB disk with WinPE4 in UEFI mode, with Secure Boot ON & UEFI mode ON.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38774-cannot-set-uefi-boot-order-cd-windows-8-1-hp-pavilion.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all I have just recently installed Windows on the Plextor M Pro goes HELP!! 7 on to UEFI into failed SSD BIOS. Windows boot, GB SSD Everything went fine for the first few boots and Windows will not boot up after that The computer automatically goes into UEFI BIOS as if there is no Windows installed on any of the hard disks I removed the SSD and inserted it into the external enclosure and hook it up HELP!! Windows 7 on SSD failed to boot, goes into UEFI BIOS. to my laptop via USB Windows on my laptop did not show any removable media under My Computer Upon firing up Disk Management the following screenshot Screen jpg can be seen I humbly seek for advices of anyone out there who might be able to help me regarding this issue I have previously successfully installed Windows on all my older PC Laptops But this is the first time I have installed it on an SSD My previous installation on HDD works well without issue used it for months before I reinstalled it onto the SSD I ran into this issue twice within the same day I reformatted and reinstalled Windows after my first encouter I will post whatever details required to solve the above issue Also any explanation and information regarding the issue as well as how to prevent it from coming back would be very useful Many thanks in advance

A:HELP!! Windows 7 on SSD failed to boot, goes into UEFI BIOS.

Hi there

In all cases ensure LEGACY BOOT is enabled if that option exists in BIOS.

1) First ensure PROTECTED BOOT is DISABLED -- this doesn't mean turning off UEFI.
2) Ensure the SSD is formatted to GPT and NOT MBR
3) Ensure your W7 install media will handle UEFI boot and install.

If you Don't want to use UEFI boot

1) Disable UEFI in BIOS.
2) Format SSD as MBR
3) Install W7 - default mode will be non UEFI.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/343681-help-windows-7-ssd-failed-boot-goes-into-uefi-bios.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I've downloaded Windows and made a bootable USB drive I installed Windows on a couple of PC's and my HP laptop I've noted that when installing on laptop I've from + won't GPT Can't [UEFI] boot USB 7 install partition on Windows had Windows 7 won't install on GPT partition + Can't boot from USB [UEFI] some issues In BIOS settings the boot mode was selected to UEFI and no matter the boot Windows 7 won't install on GPT partition + Can't boot from USB [UEFI] sequence it just wouldn't boot from USB note there was a USB Hard Drive and a USB Generic Volume option and I've checked the 'boot from USB device option' above I've solved the problem by switching to Legacy boot It booted from USB with no problems and Windows got installed correctly I've done the same thing on an another HP laptop same thing UEFI wouldn't boot from USB while Legacy would only this time to see that all of the partitions are formatted as GPT and I get a message saying that Windows can't be installed on a GPT partition I am presuming that this is due to the legacy boot mode my overall knowledge is very low so if any of this doesn't make sense please forgive me I was wondering if there is ANY way I can install Windows or higher I don't care on this laptop Thanks for your time

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393033-windows-7-wont-install-gpt-partition-cant-boot-usb-uefi.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys,

I recently bought a new SSHD for my laptop and after initial problems with trying to install Windows in UEFI, I turned to Legacy and that worked. But now when I change it to UEFI, it just comes up as "Operating system not found".

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:Windows 8.1 clean installation; won't boot in UEFI?

You may have to reinstall so you will have the UEFI configuration. But what about the original install gave you problems with UEFI, were you able to boot into the UEFI version of the install media?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/49849-windows-8-1-clean-installation-wont-boot-uefi.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i've installed windows 10 on linux before and i've never had any problems booting it (from what i remember, through UEFI boot sources). currently the windows 10 iso seems to be the only one that isn't appearing in UEFI; i installed peppermint from lubuntu using the same image disk writer on the same usb 30 minutes ago.
am i supposed to have some specific settings enabled/disabled in my bios to boot the windows install? secure boot is disabled and legacy boot is enabled.

A:windows 10 usb not appearing in UEFI boot sources

Why are you enabling legacy boot.

Surely you want eufi boot, and also make sure usb stick is set for a gpt formatted installation.

Also installing windows 10 after linux generally breaks the linux booting. You would have to mess around with grub etc.

Usual advice is to install windows 10 then linux.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39662-windows-10-usb-not-appearing-uefi-boot-sources.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I've downloaded Windows from boot + USB Windows on install 7 partition Can't [UEFI] won't GPT and made a bootable USB drive I installed Windows on a couple of PC's and my HP laptop I've noted that when installing on laptop I've had some issues In BIOS settings the boot mode was selected to UEFI and no matter the boot sequence it just wouldn't boot from USB note there was a USB Hard Drive and a USB Generic Volume option and I've checked the 'boot from USB device option' above I've solved Windows 7 won't install on GPT partition + Can't boot from USB [UEFI] the problem by switching to Legacy boot It booted from USB with no problems and Windows got installed correctly I've done the same thing on an another HP laptop same thing UEFI wouldn't boot from Windows 7 won't install on GPT partition + Can't boot from USB [UEFI] USB while Windows 7 won't install on GPT partition + Can't boot from USB [UEFI] Legacy would only this time to see that all of the partitions are formatted as GPT and I get a message saying that Windows can't be installed on a GPT partition I am presuming that this is due to the legacy boot mode my overall knowledge is very low so if any of this doesn't make sense please forgive me I was wondering if there is ANY way I can install Windows or higher I don't care on this laptop Thanks for your time

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393033-windows-7-wont-install-gpt-partition-cant-boot-usb-uefi.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there A colleague of mine got an HP ENVY ultrabook with W pre-installed plus a retail W pro upgrade for an extra EUR He asked my to see if I could upgrade the machine to W Pro and install the IS display language pack for him The system has one of those wretched UEFI Boot thingy's in the BIOS I haven't been able to upgrade with Windows update PRO -- 8 envy Boot UEFI cannot to HP the installed HP envy with UEFI Boot -- cannot update to Windows 8 PRO windows to Windows PRO HP envy with UEFI Boot -- cannot update to Windows 8 PRO -- and even trying to install from scratch via booting from an external USB DVD drive it just says after about mins through the process quot Windows cannot be installed quot Fortunately the version of ACRONIS I use works with UEFI boot so I managed to take a backup before I started and was able to restore the original image that it had when it came out of the store -- I'd wiped the HDD when trying to install the Retail W Pro version- but the restore worked fine so the machine is in exactly the same state as it was when it came out of the store However I still would like to upgrade the machine to W Pro - mainly in order to change the display language from En to Is and to allow remote desktop connection to THIS computer You need at least W Pro for RDP to work correctly --you can RDP to OTHER machines using any version of W - but you need at least W PRO to allow incoming RDP connections Any help on upgrading a UEFI BIOS enabled machine to W Pro The W PRO is the RETAIL version -- and the Windows version is X- English I've done loads and loads of Windows installs re-installs etc but this HP machine has got me totally flummexed I'm glad so far my other machines don't use UEFI BIOSES Cheers jimbo

A:HP envy with UEFI Boot -- cannot update to Windows 8 PRO

Hi jimbo45

The legal way to upgrade is with Windows 8 Pro Pack.

To uograde to Pro Pack
No install files needed.
Only the Upgrade key is need.

Add Features to Windows 8
or
use the Windows 8 Pro OEM full version.

To upgrade to Pro OEM full version.
No install files needed.
Only the Product key is need.
Add Features to Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/16630-hp-envy-uefi-boot-cannot-update-windows-8-pro.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Seen several different posts about this issue but really no definitive answer as to why is occurring. Never happened with XP or Vista only Windows 7. Seems most users with this issue report having a Dell computer but mine is a Toshiba Satellite L505. I just find it very annoying to have approximately half inch of desktop space visible on top of any type maximized window, browser window, explorer window, whatever. Did anyone every arrive at a resolution for this issue or what is causing it to occur?

A:All maximized windows show upper portion of desktop above menu bar

you dont by any chance have an OEM windows disk bundled from dell? my gaming rig used to says its a dell, as my system builder version of windows vista is Dell branded... but still came as a windows disk oddly.. was an ebay purchase.. sooo go figure lol should tell you in system information or on the performance page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/207700-all-maximized-windows-show-upper-portion-desktop-above-menu-bar.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I've just started using Win 7 and haven't understood the working yet of WLM.

In an info book on WLM it says 'if you don't see menus, click the Menu button on the toolbar - well I don't have that.

Also I have set up in WLM my other email accounts which show up. However I notice that if I send emails from them in their own domains or if I send them via WLM from the drop down menu at the far end of the address bar there is no indication of these emails showing in the respective WLM sent folders. Shouldn't they be?

Any advice please.

A:Windows Live Mail window does not show Menu bar nor Toolbar

What version of WLM are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531868/windows-live-mail-window-does-not-show-menu-bar-nor-toolbar/
Relevancy 57.19%

Can get the menu bar up with the file edit view favorites tools help
windows 7 I no you go to the Tools on the toolbar and the dropdown box shows toolbars and you go there and you should see menu bar but it is not there. Googled it and it says the same thing

To maximize website viewing, the File menu may be hidden by default. Most menu options can be accessed from the toolbar. You can make the Menu Bar (File, Edit, View, Etc.) appear by clicking the Tools menu, located near the upper right of the screen, and then Toolbars and then Menu Bar

Can someone help me to get it back? It is a friends computer and I am cleaning it for him the regular stuff cookies history temps and ran Malware bytes it caught one item but he wants the menu bar back can you help?

A:Solved: windows 7 no menu bar and it doesn't show up in the tools dropdown box under

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-no-menu-bar-and-it-doesnt-show-up-in-the-tools-dropdown-box-under.962060/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello! I recently acquired an Acer V3-771G and I want to dual-boot Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows 8 Pro x64 and I was wondering if it is recommended to change BIOS with the UEFI found on Acer's site. Also, if i should do that, when is it right to switch from BIOS to UEFI? In the beginning, after W7 is installed, after W8 is installed, etc. Note that I have some experience with dual-boots, but none whatsoever with Windows 8.

As for the system specs, I am only able to write them as they are written on the box, as I haven't installed any Windows yet.
CPU: i7-3630QM
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Nvidia GeForce GT650M
8 GB Ram DDR3
HDD: 500GB 5400rpm

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Windows Pro x64 dual-boot BIOS vs UEFI

Does your Acer have a BIOS chip or a uEFI firmware chip?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/274114-windows-7-ultimate-x64-windows-pro-x64-dual-boot-bios-vs-uefi.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello
Spent about literally hundred days. Trying to dual boot windows 7 on my UEFI vaio pre installed with windows 8. I tried to follow almost all the forums on the Internet. Created bootable usb which gets stuck at starting windows and used a dvd which the vaio does not recognise. When choosing legacy boot on bios then the problem comes that my hdd is mbr and I am not in a position to format and delete everything due to important files. Pleas help me how do I install windows 7 on this Vaio as there is no guide for this specific platform. Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/392177-windows-7-would-not-dual-boot-vaio-windows-8-preinstalled-uefi.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hy guys on a UEFI PC Asus g a Windows bootable usb is not recognized during boot time The PC has Secure Boot Disabled and CS mode enabled in the BIOS UEFI The bootable USB was created using Rufus and I tried all options including MBR UEFI and GPT UEFI both using FAT I use the Day Trial a trial Enterprise 10 USB boot bootable PC UEFI a to get Can't Windows Windows Enterprise available from microsoft com The option named quot MBR for BIOS or UEFI-CSM Can't get a UEFI PC to boot a Windows 10 Enterprise trial bootable USB quot does not work neither with its difference being that it forces the USB into NTFS mode vs the other two options which allow it stay in FAT The UEFI Asus pc will not boot from that USB using the Can't get a UEFI PC to boot a Windows 10 Enterprise trial bootable USB quot Flash quot selection during boot and ends up in black screen with cursor blinking Also this same USB will not boot on a non-UEFI Dell laptop neither resulting in the same black screen with blinking cursor Now creating a bootable USB with the official Microsoft tool MediaCreationToolx still cannot boot the UEFI Asus PC with the same blinking cursor result however it will boot the other non-UEFI Dell Laptop How can I create a bootable USB for that UEFI Asus PC

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37807-cant-get-uefi-pc-boot-windows-10-enterprise-trial-bootable-usb.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,
I have MSI UEFI Mobo, when I try to boot on my Hard Drive in BIOS, it gives me: "Restart and select proper boot device" but I can boot using UEFI Windows Boot Manager, so I want to add legacy boot besides UEFI Boot. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
addas

A:Q:Add Legacy Boot Windows 8.1 in UEFI Motherboard(GPTDisk)

Hello Addas,

If you like, you could use the tutorial below to disable the modern "Choose an option" screen to have the old legacy "Windows Boot Manager" while still using UEFI firmware.

Startup Options - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57367-q-add-legacy-boot-windows-8-1-uefi-motherboard-gptdisk.html
Relevancy 56.33%
Relevancy 56.33%

I have Dell Inspiron 15R 5537,. i installed  Windows 8 and yesterday updated it inot window 10. Now my UEFI Firmware Settings" option is missing from the Windows advanced startup options. 

Is there a method or driver that allows for enabling the UEFI Firmware Settings menu entry? 

I'm even willing to reinstall the fresh Window agin, though I also can't seem to boot from CD/DVD at this point.
thanks for your reply.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988225
Relevancy 56.33%

I installed a Win and Win dual UEFI boot on a GPT-formated disk of course on HD Both Win and Win boot fine when the Windows Boot Manager is selected on HD Then I installed Win XP and Ubuntu on an MBR-formatted disk on HD Both the Win XP install and the Ubuntu install boot via legacy bios with CSM support when HD is selected in the UEFI This is very similar to what Theog's setup is or at least was at some point in time see image below I can boot in UEFI mode on Disk and boot either Win or Win or I can boot in BIOS MBR mode on Disk and boot either Win XP or Ubuntu The problem is that I can not seem to get all four options to work from one boot screen The closest that I have gotten is to load a Windows boot manager bootmgr and a BCD store on the Win XP partition and use EasyBCD and BCDedit to create boot options for all four operating systems WinXP Ubuntu and Win all boot up fine this way but Win gives me a boot error saying something like quot invalid signature for Multi-Boot XP with Windows MBR UEFI Ubuntu) (Win8/7/XP, winload exe quot Is there a way to get this to work

A:UEFI Multi-Boot (Win8/7/XP, Ubuntu) with MBR Windows XP

The above screenshot is using the One Time Boot Menu.

You can dual boot two+ UEFI mode OS's
or
You can dual boot two+ Legacy mode OS's
But not a UEFI mode & a Legacy mode.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/38185-uefi-multi-boot-win8-7-xp-ubuntu-mbr-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 56.33%

PCWorld > Security> Researchers demo exploits that bypass Windows 8 Secure Boot

A:Windows 8 Secure Boot bypassed / UEFI bootkit

Very interesting article. Thanks for the read.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-secure-boot-bypassed-uefi-bootkit-703629.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone,

since a few months, I'm the proud owner of a Vostro 3350.
But i am really trying hard to install Windows 7 in native EFI mode on it.
The Aptio firmware must support EFI boot.
But I can't find the option for the EFI Shell.

Thank you in advance for any help

A:How do I boot Windows 7 x64 in UEFI mode on my Vostro 3350?

You might check this web site
forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19431844
Relevancy 56.33%

When i try and boot my Windows 7 x64 DVD in UEFI mode my computer completely skips it and boots my hard drive. However when I boot in legacy mode i can boot the CD but i get the error 'Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style'. I'm assuming i get this error because i'm not booting via UEFI mode.

A:Windows 7 Installation CD - Can boot in Legacy mode but not in UEFI

Where do you buy your Windows 7 DVD from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/267433-windows-7-installation-cd-can-boot-legacy-mode-but-not-uefi.html
Relevancy 56.33%

nbsp I bought a GB Sandisk SSD the correct type for my Pavilion x Notebook and want to replace the current GB HP SSD in my machine nbsp After considering the cloning option which would mean getting cloning software and an adapter to migrate the image to the new SSD I have determined that probably the better approach is to install Windows on the new SSD after I have installed it nbsp Can anyone provide guidance nbsp Pavilion x2 SSD (upgra... with on How to Windows new 10 install Suggestions nbsp For instance when I check the boot sequence which I assume I would have to set How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... to USB nbsp I don't see a clear option just one How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... for a USK Key or device nbsp I would want it to boot from the USB in which I would connect a Windows install nbsp Notwithstanding the Key activation issues I would appreciate some insight into how I can accomplish this nbsp I like this Pavilion x but the GB SSD really is How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... too small nbsp Polenta

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-install-Windows-10-on-Pavilion-x2-with-new-SSD/td-p/5763785
Relevancy 55.9%

Respected sir,Today i change my mother board due to sd card slot issue. But when i sart my lapi a small notification at the left down corner  show for few seconds that tell- Press esc to go to start up menu, previously it not occurs. Another thing is that when i go to screen by pressing esc option & f11 for recovery option, all option appear perfectly but the font of the option is not smmot & look like ungraphics supported text or screen resolution change. How to slove this??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/UEFI-amp-recovery-menu/td-p/5787861
Relevancy 55.9%

friends, thank you for your time and help.
well, after following all the steps from mr brink's tutorial on how to, on the last "restart" instruction it goes to the regular bios in place of uefi.
tried a couple times, same result.
any help will be very much appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/74082-cannot-access-uefi-menu.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I have Lenovo U510 laptop with broken screen so I use external display. I want to see uefi via my external monitor I am using hdmi to dvi

I want to reach UEFI but it isnt displayed. Please help.

Mod's Edit: Moved posting from Display forum to Laptop forum.  Bumps requesting help were removed. Please be advised that bumping your post is only allowed after 3 days. Any bumps sooner will be removed as they unfairly move new postings farther down the list.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-u510-external-monitor-dont-show-uefi/td-p/3434600
Relevancy 55.9%

Is there any way I can restore what was in that partition?

A:Accidentally formatted UEFI System Partition, now Windows won't boot.

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can Order ASUS recovery disks from here:
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?..._detail&p=2860

Using the Start up disk.

Try doing a start up repair:

Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do start up repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/297907-accidentally-formatted-uefi-system-partition-now-windows-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I restored UEFI to default settings and after that I couldn't get into Windows anymore, I just get into UEFI all the time after every reboot. No Windows.

So I started to try and change things and finally found out that Fast Boot enabled is the culprit. If I disable it, I can get into Windows fine.

But I'd like to have the Fast Boot feature.

Anyone knows about this issue?

Thanks.

A:Fast Boot enabled on UEFI blocks access to Windows

I bring this up again because I am having the same problem.

I can't set UEFI to default parameters after changing things for installing a clean Windows 10 from USB.

Anyone knows?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35680-fast-boot-enabled-uefi-blocks-access-windows.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
I would like to know how to change language in Windows Boot Manager in my dual-boot computer.I used bcdedit and it says that Windows Boot Manager is on Device\HardDiskVolume2.I think this is a partition from Windows 8 when it was installing.When using Disk Management,I see 4 partitions.One is C(Windows 8),D(drivers),H(Windows 7) and an EFI system partition.

A:Windows Boot Manager language change in UEFI system

Quote:
change language

It might help to know which language/s are involved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361099-windows-boot-manager-language-change-uefi-system.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I recently installed windows 8 on my MacBookPro with UEFI support, but I can't enable audio. I know that apple use BIOS emulation for windows and the assign different Hardware ID's for devices.

With BIOS emulation ID is:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1013&DEV_4206&SUBSYS_106B5300&REV_1003

Without emulation ID is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E20&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_04.

I tried changing inf file and it detected the required audio card driver, but it shows that device cannot start. It's Cirrus Audio CS4206B (AB83) sound card, but without emulation it shows it as intel audio card. It would be easier to get back to bootcamp, but I really want to make this work.

Thank you in advance.

A:Sound driver Windows 8 UEFI boot (no bios emulation) Mac.

Try installing SLIMDRIVERS, its free and will find the most current drivers for your system. It may read your actual chipset versus your emulated chipset..

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/25934-sound-driver-windows-8-uefi-boot-no-bios-emulation-mac.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone. I am new here. I need help.

I just can't figured out how to install windows 8 enterprise edition x64 under UEFI secure boot on Asus P8Z77-M motherboard. Is anyone ever successfully doing so?

I have installed the latest bios version 1806 and reset to the default setting. I has enabled CSM on the boot setting under advanced mode and changed the following:

Boot Device Control: UEFI OnlyBoot from Network Devices and Boot from Storage Devices: UEFI FirstBoot from PCIe/PCI Expansion Devices: UEFI First

I followed the instruction on here about how to setup installation media on my flashdisk. At the boot menu, I also see my UEFI installation media, but I can't boot to it. The computer just go back to the BIOS again. Do somebody can help?

when I check my secure boot state with powershell, it just response like in the image, instead of FALSE

Sorry for my bad english

A:Stucked installing windows 8 UEFI secure boot on P8Z77-M

Where do you buy your Windows 8 Enterprise DVD from?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22483-stucked-installing-windows-8-uefi-secure-boot-p8z77-m.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just flashed a UEFI BIOS and did a clean install. I'm getting the error 0xc000000e only on reboot. If i shut down and turn on again it boots windows no problem. Please help!

A:Windows 7 and UEFI BIOS Boot Manager error 0xc000000e

What are the exact UEFI, CSM and Legacy BIOS settings in BIOS setup? Did you do a UEFI install, booting from a UEFI device to install, or did you install to Legacy MBR disk?

Unplug all peripherals and try again.

If you can get into Safe Mode, establish a Clean Boot from Troubleshooting steps in picture below. Then test your hard drive, RAM and work through the other steps to go over your install and hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/335248-windows-7-uefi-bios-boot-manager-error-0xc000000e.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am not sure if this subforum is the right place if not pleases help me transfer to the right forum I recently just build a new setup with Asus P Z -V LK this motherboard comes with UEFI boot and legacy BIOS boot support So I tested install windows in both mode and I didn't find any advantage of UEFI consider it is a new technology been promoted quite a lot for recent years The benefit I found is Windows benefit What's of mode? UEFI UEFI the install in and a graphic BIOS setup which is useless to most users What's the benefit of UEFI and install Windows in UEFI mode? if you don't OC Even you did I still find using keyboard to navigate through the menu is much easier than mouse Faster boot time very negligible could be seconds compare to seconds As I timed use my stopwatch the value could include a few seconds human error as well Support boot from gt TB HDD nowadays most user What's the benefit of UEFI and install Windows in UEFI mode? use SSD as boot drive so this really doesn't matter GPT disk partition don't see any benefit here compare to legacy MBR Anyone can enlighten me what is the advantage of UEFI here Thanks a lot

A:What's the benefit of UEFI and install Windows in UEFI mode?

Thanks for adding information about EFI BIOS which present a problem for many during installation and repairs.

For this reason alone, I would advise disabling EFI BIOS in BIOS boot order or choosing Legacy BIOS in BIOS setup, installing normally to an MBR disk.

Wiping a HD already formatted as GPT disk with Diskpart Clean Command can clear the way for it to install as MBR. Sometimes it also takes runnning the command "Convert MBR" to change disk from GPT.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/246420-whats-benefit-uefi-install-windows-uefi-mode.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am receiving numerous blue screens do death.  10 is not stable for more than 5 minutes once it boots up.  I upgraded from 8 and have no USB boot stick.  Can Acer community help me?   Will Microsoft help me?   I have posted in ten forum for possible help with windows 10 experts (not Microsoft).    I have detailed error messages and even test results for memory, disk and drivers.   Very frustrating to have trusted the upgrade and now be completely unstable.  Just looking for next suggestion.   Thanks in advance

A:Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

Which Win10 version do you have and on what Acer ? (Both should be listed in MSINFO32.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Intermittent-WiFi-issue-following-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/412424/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

My acer Aspire V - has been intermittently losing WiFi for past days since Windows upgrade from Windows Home Premium The Aspire has Atheros wireless network adapter AR BWB Wed nbsp So far I have In the Atheros AR BWB Wireless Network Adapter Properties I nbsp unchecked the box in the Property Management tab which read Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power nbsp b Made sure airplane mode was in off position c Forget exactly where I did this but made sure settings in another location Windows Intermittent WiFi issue upgra... 10 following were set at Maximum Performance Checked that firmware is up to date on my network router with security set to WPA -PSK AES Searched through many forums to read responses of folks upgrading Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra... to Windows with WiFi issues--seems this is widespread problem though no one has said WiFi signal loss was intermittent as is my laptop's Internet hits for my searches also show WiFi issues occurred in the past for installs of Windows So Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra... far have not come across mentions of WiFi issues for past installs of Windows While exploring my laptop I came across a page of Microsoft Updates--SEE ATTACHED I was surprised to note that these updates are released quite frequently over the course of a day For example separate updates between PM and PM on Aug and separate updates between AM and PM on Aug nbsp Am including part of the record of updates for August and August I am aware that Microsoft uses my WiFi to AUTOMATICALLY download updates Is it possible that this intermittent nbsp download of updates cause the intermittent nbsp interruptions of the WiFi This afternoon when the WiFi was not working for Windows I reinstalled as a dual boot Ubuntu I had no difficulty connecting to WiFi from Ubuntu Have not yet I have not yet tried connecting the laptop via Ethernet cable to my router during one of these WiFi outages My ISP is a VOIP Internet setup using one Westell and one Cisco router I have not considered if they might be a cause of the problem I read on one forum that someone fixed their WiFi connection issue by changing their router security setting to include TKIP nbsp NOTE I may need to put attachment of screen grab of Windows updates in a separate email reply to this post as this post is not accepting the attachment Would appreciate any comments or suggestions Thanks in advance I shall likely also put this out on a Windows forum elsewhere nbsp nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

Hi!FYI, this worked for me, finally a solution!Strangest thing--I uninstalled the Atheros driver. Did NOT reinstall it. After I uninstalled Atheros driver, a right screen Windows 10 style panel immediately appeared--either on notifications panel or in WiFi settings page, was sleepy, don't remember which--containing a labeled entry box for my wifi password. I entered the password and boom, the wifi worked. It's been working since.Again thanks. Will mark solved.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Intermittent-WiFi-issue-following-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/373678
Relevancy 55.47%

Brand new E51-80 with Win7 - couldn't upgrade to Win10, got stuck at 'searching for updates'.Tried the same in Win7 with same result, just got stuck in 'searching for updates'.  Tried several solutions i Googled - no success. Then i uninstalled the 'bloatware' McAfee installation, and everything worked again!!  Just to help others that also run into this issue. /Henrik - Denmark

/Henrik - DenmarkX220 - i7-2620, 8GB, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD (I just LOVE my X220!)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E51-80-Windows-update-stuck-same-for-Win10-upgrade/td-p/3476152
Relevancy 55.47%

Dual Boot W10 + W8.1 installs using 2 SSDs. Any thoughts on why there are less partitions on SSD install #2?

SSD 1 W10 (installed first) C Drive:

- Recovery
- System
- Reserved
- Primary

SSD 2 W8.1 (installed last)

- Reserved
- Primary

Am I right in saying that install/SSD 2 shared the (Recovery, System) UEFI boot partition and that this is not good if I remove SSD1?

How do you prevent this on SSD #2, by physically removing SSD #1 when installing OS #2?

Appreciate any help.

A:Windows 10 Dual Boot UEFI Missing or Shared Partitions on SSD2?

Yes, the only way to ensure that a clean install of Windows will not affect any other hard drives/SSDs with system partitions on them is to disconnect them when installing Windows to the drive you want it exclusively on. Unplugging either the data cable or the power cable is good enough.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/46983-windows-10-dual-boot-uefi-missing-shared-partitions-ssd2.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Is it possible to bitlocker-encypt a UEFI/GPT drive from which I boot with Windows 7 64-bit ultimate (TPM-motherboard)?

A:Is it possible to bitlocker-encypt a UEFI/GPT drive from which I boot with Windows 7 64-bit ultimate (TPM-motherboard)?

Sure. BL does support GPT.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/93bb825c-bb5e-4255-84bc-367ae23c86be/is-it-possible-to-bitlockerencypt-a-uefigpt-drive-from-which-i-boot-with-windows-7-64bit-ultimate?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a dual boot installation with Windows XP and Windows 7 on the same drive with two partitions. Both work just fine.

However most times that I boot from a cold boot, I get NO Boot options menu, just a blank screen and the hard drive light glows red, but it doesn't really seem to be doing anything.

If I press the reset switch, everything works just fine, the computer reboots, I get a boot options menu for selecting the operating system and either one boots up just fine.

If I shutdown the machine for any period of time, I'll get the blank screen until I do a hard reset.

It seems like the boot loader is not finding the ini file with the options, but only on a cold boot? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Dual Boot No Boot Options Menu on Cold Boot

Long shot, but could it possibly be a dead CMOS battery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-dual-boot-no-boot-options-menu-on-cold-boot.897053/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,

I got a new laptop. It is UEFI. I want to have multiple partitions. 1. Windows 10 2. Windows 7 3. Another Windows 7 Install or Windows 10

Created slipstream ISO of both Windows Pro x64 and Windows 10 Home x64, with updates and drivers from lenovo.

Deleted all partitions on the HD, installed Windows 10. Then in the UEFI bios, disabled secure boot and enabled legacy mode with uefi as first option.

Then stuck in my Windows 7 iso and booted. I get to the installing windows prompts and then I get a "Load Driver" pop up. Not sure what driver it is asking for. Laptop has x2 usb ports and x1 usb 2 port. I have the usb in my usb 2 port.

No clue what to do now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400858-dual-boot-windows-7-windows-10-uefi.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello nbsp I have an Acer Aspire G Last night my computer randomly decided to do the Windows upgrade I did not click okay or accept the terms or conditions or anything It just logged off nbsp and started doing the after Windows 10 driver upgra... Aspire upgrade 5750G upgrade and I couldn't quit out of it Anyway I didn't get a chance to check if all Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... of the drivers etc were compatible with windows Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... After the upgrade most things seem to be working fine so far However the scroll bar on my mouse trackpad no longer works Is this something I can fix by simply upgrading the driver If so where do I find the correct one nbsp Are there any other drivers that I should upgrade I was told by a friend that I should upgrade drivers from the generic microsoft ones and install better drivers that are specific to the brand of my computer However Acer only seems to have downloadable drivers for Windows or for my computer nbsp Any help is appreciated nbsp Thanks Claire

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750G-driver-upgrade-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/438246/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello nbsp I have after Windows upgra... upgrade driver 10 Aspire 5750G an Acer Aspire G Last night my computer randomly Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... decided to do the Windows upgrade I did not click okay or accept the terms or conditions or anything It just logged off nbsp and started doing the upgrade and I Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... couldn't quit out of it Anyway I didn't get a chance to check if all of the drivers etc were compatible with windows After the upgrade most things seem to be working fine Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... so far However the scroll bar on my mouse trackpad no longer works Is this something I can fix by simply upgrading the driver If so where do I find the correct one nbsp Are there any other drivers that I should upgrade I was told by a friend that I should upgrade drivers from the generic microsoft ones and install better drivers that are specific to the brand of my computer However Acer only seems to have downloadable drivers for Windows or for my computer nbsp Any help is appreciated nbsp Thanks Claire

A:Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra...

A perhaps more relevant question right now is if you want to stay with the unintentional Win10 installation or go back to your original factory-installed Windows 7 version? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750G-driver-upgrade-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/438246
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all So I got a new laptop its a Lenovo Y - ISK UEFI Bios I am trying to get the machine to dual boot Windows and Windows I Boot 7x64 on 0x0000007e Install Reboot BSOD - UEFI Dual Windows installed Windows first no problem Windows x is just not working My windows was a fresh install slipstreamed updates and drivers from Lenovo using NTLite Windows slipstreamed all Lenovo Windows x drivers also windows updates sp Windows seems to install fine but when it reboots after the install and boot picks Windows from the Windows Boot Manager I get a blue screen x e I installed the USB drivers via NTLite in booth the install wim and boot wim I don't have an issue with is asking for drivers at the Windows install After installing Windows I made these changes Dual Boot - Windows 7x64 UEFI Install BSOD on Reboot 0x0000007e to the bios Boot mode Legacy Support Boot Dual Boot - Windows 7x64 UEFI Install BSOD on Reboot 0x0000007e Priority Legacy First Turned off OS Optimized defaults Installed Windows x from usb stick install seems to work but when it reboots BSOD BLUE SCREEN Same error x e Also unable to boot into windows using safe mode Totally totally at a loss right now

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401191-dual-boot-windows-7x64-uefi-install-bsod-reboot-0x0000007e.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i have HP Pavilion g6 1360su with Insyde H2O F.6A. I have downloaded and installed the HP UEFI Support Environment from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-119351-1&cc=bg&dlc=bg&lc=en...=. Is my PC compatible with Windows 8 UEFI?

A:Is my PC UEFI Compatible and how to install Windows 8 UEFI

Please help me. The tool has created a new partition called HP_TOOLS. It's ok but how to do a clean install without deleting it. What should I do?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/34687-my-pc-uefi-compatible-how-install-windows-8-uefi.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, I'm having trouble upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.  The installation (manual and automatic) fails due to the incompatibility of ProtectTools Security Manager (according to Microsoft). This is also described in a document I found on the HP website: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5212912&docId=emr_na-c04734799&docLocale... .Before I can uninstall ProtectTools, I need to unistall other HP tools, like Device Access Manager,... And there lies my problem: how do I uninstall Device Access manager? It's not listed under 'Programs and features'. I tried uninstall tools like CCleaner and Revo Unistaller, but they can't find it either. I have installed the latest version of ProtectTools, via the SoftPaq Download Manager and disabled all features in ProtectTools, as far as I can tell. How do I uninstall the ProtectTools suite? Best regards,Wim.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:ProtectTools Device Access Manager blocking Windows 10 upgra...

I found a way to remove it, on this website: http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Device-Access-Manager-for-HP-ProtectTools-9553-program.aspx Run: MsiExec.exe /X{55B52830-024A-443E-AF61-61E1E71AFA1B} That fixed it for me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ProtectTools-Device-Access-Manager-blocking-Windows-10/td-p/5178084
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently upgraded to Windows and since then I have been receiving the following Windows message started upgra... Driver error Graphics 10 after message while playing a game Display driver Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows R stopped responding and has Graphics Driver error message started after Windows 10 upgra... successfully recovered nbsp nbsp I checked my graphics driver and it said it was up-to-date nbsp I have tried installling the latest drivers for my notebook model as per the HP drivers page the December version installed with no problem but did not fix the issue nbsp An error message pops up when I try to install the March and April versions of the graphics drivers stating that they are not compatible with my computer nbsp I have also tried both the HP and Intel Driver update utilities and was told that my drivers are up-to-date nbsp However when I look at the properties for my Intel R HD Graphics Family in Device Manager I notice that the information on the Events tab states Device PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS E C amp REV B amp amp amp requires further installation nbsp I am not sure what needs updating on my computer or if this driver is incompatible with Windows and there is not yet an upgrade nbsp Any advice or guidance would be appreciated nbsp My computer model is the HP Pavilion -p ca Notebook PC ENERGY STAR model G U UA ABL and the graphics driver is version

A:Graphics Driver error message started after Windows 10 upgra...

Hi @Gneiss, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion 15-p050ca Notebook and a error message Display drive Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I would uninstall all that are listed in the Device Manager. Click the arrow next to Display Adapters to expand that category. Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time. Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook. It should automatically update with a new Driver and software. If you need to update the Display Adapters. I would follow the method of right clicking on them in the Device Manager only. This will update the drivers on your system to work with Windows 10. Please get back to me how this goes. If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude! Please click the Accept as Solution, to the right of the Thumbs up icon, if your issues is resolved.   Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-Driver-error-message-started-after-Windows-10/td-p/5601140
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi!

When I'm at the command prompt, at the UEFI repair menu utilies, what is the preferred order to best run the following commands:

sfc /scannow
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd
chkdsk c: /f
Should I first do a "C:" or can I safely run them all straight from "X:"? Will it automatically identify the installation that needs to be repaired?

Thanks!

A:Steps to take when running cmd prompt stuff at UEFI menu

hopefully someone else will chime in but i'm pretty sure you want your bootrecord to be fixed first.. i mean thats only what you boot from.. then run sfc.. then chkdsk..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58231-steps-take-when-running-cmd-prompt-stuff-uefi-menu.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys I'm new here I have a problem with my bios or computer I recently deleted everything and reinstalled windows because I had a problem which is I get a black screen for - sec before the login screen show up I looked for solation dualboot up UEFI remove to how menu at gigabyte start everywhere made sfc scan nothing really helped and now after I reinstalled the windows but with UEFI settings get - sec black screen that was the first issue The second issue there is a UEFI menu now showing up every time I start the PC Called gigabyte dual boot asking me to pick someone to boot from and how to remove gigabyte UEFI dualboot menu at start up the only thing works is windows boot manager I don't know how to remove this menu my PC is new and fast GB ram sapphire R with UEFI button gigabyte GA-H -D H motherboard intel i Strix gaming keyboard WD HHD GB PSU W Bios settings Windows features gt windows CSM support gt always Boot mode selection UEFI only when I pick uefi only the windows boot manager only shows but if choose uefi and legacy another option showing and I guess its my HHD but if I select it the windows fail to start LAN PXE boot option rom gt disabled Storage boot option control gt UEFI only Other PCI device Rom priority gt UEFI oprom Network stack gt Disabled Secure boot gt enable gt standard Initial display output gt PCIe Slot XHCI Mode gt smart auto Integrated SATA controller gt enabled SATA Mode Selection gt AHCI Should I disabled intel onboard graphics from the bios settings since im using a graphics card I have a problem with the Dxgkrnl sys even after the fresh windows install and I don't know how to fix it as showing quot did not load quot but it load the first time as you can see in the log file ntbtlog txtABD txt Please help I got fed up with this issues even my cheaper laptop boots up faster than my new PC I don't know if its a problem from the GC or the motherboard but both are new and my PSU gives enough power W Also just to add before i used to have screen flashing going black then comes back normal just for sec also when the screen goes to sleep some times i could not turn on the screen when i click the mouse or keyboard and have to restart and i was getting blue screen of death from time to time i suspect the graphics card hence its new and expensive

A:how to remove gigabyte UEFI dualboot menu at start up

Welcome to Eight Forums.

Take a look at this post: link

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/66321-how-remove-gigabyte-uefi-dualboot-menu-start-up.html
Relevancy 53.32%

- A year later and I discover again that I STILL cannot boot from a non-UEFI CD on my UEFI Win Pro - boot any fix 64-bit a STILL on ?? 7 non-UEFI CD UEFI my cannot Win SP -bit Dell Optiplex MT even though quot Enable Legacy ROMs quot is ENABLED in the BIOS and Secure Boot is OFF My original details are here - Cannot boot from CD-DVD in LEGACY mode - NOT Secure Boot NOT UEFI - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community That thread from a year ago describes the issue but then goes off on a tangent into my successful experience in establishing dual-booting but THIS STILL cannot boot a non-UEFI CD on my UEFI Win 7 64-bit - any fix ?? ISSUE remains My Dell Optiplex MT which is now dual-booting Win Pro SP -bit and STILL cannot boot a non-UEFI CD on my UEFI Win 7 64-bit - any fix ?? Win Pro -bit will NOT BOOT a legacy CD that is not UEFI even though quot Enable Legacy ROMs quot is CHECKED in the BIOS and Secure Boot is OFF My BIOS is A What is the fix Please reply here not in my old Dell thread above Thanks -

A:STILL cannot boot a non-UEFI CD on my UEFI Win 7 64-bit - any fix ??

-
Update - I have now made TWO bootable CDs of Macrium Reflect. These two CDs show the problem.

First, in my old Dell Optiplex 755 Win XP Pro SP3 32-bit machine, I installed Macrium Reflect Free and made a bootable CD with the included Win PE. I assume it will boot in my XP machine. However, that CD will NOT boot in my other PC, which is my Dell Optiplex 7010 MT that dual-boots Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit and Win 10 Pro 64-bit, even though the BIOS in this Dell Optiplex 7010 MT ENABLES Legacy ROMs.

Second, in that other PC (my Dell Optiplex 7010 MT that dual-boots Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit and Win 10 Pro 64-bit), I again installed Macrium Reflect Free (with 64-bit architecture) and made a new bootable CD (with the lowest level of Win PE, which is 3.1), and that CD WILL boot in that second machine.

Why are we being tortured this way? I have other bootable CDs from my XP days - is there any way to get them to boot in the second (Win 7 Pro 64-bit) PC?

Thanks.
-

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386217-still-cannot-boot-non-uefi-cd-my-uefi-win-7-64-bit-any-fix.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Even after uninstalling bitdefender, the tool of windows boot manager has the bitdefender menu.
How to remove it ?

I am using easybcd boot manager.

A:How to remove Bitdefender boot menu from the tool of Windows boot manager

Could you provide an image?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-remove-bitdefender-boot-menu-from-the-tool-of-windows-boot-manager.48680/
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed Windows 8.1 to try.
The problem is that it stopped working and gives me troubleshooting boot menu .
I have Windows xp on the machine too that's working fine.
So now every time I open my pc, I get the boot menu where it says Windows 8 can't start. What u want to do. Run troubleshooting or boot in earlier version
I go ahead and select earlier version.
I just want to remove this menu and remove the entire Windows 8. I just want to go directly to Windows xp

A:Dual boot system (Windows 8.1 and xp), how to edit boot menu from xp

Please post back a screenshot of Disk Management. To do this from XP, press the Prnt Scrn button, open built-in Paint to paste the screenshot in, Save File, attach back here in reply box using paper clip icon. Screenshot with Paint

If XP is still System Active in Disk Mgmt, then normally you can just delete 8, remove the boot entry in msconfig>Boot, but we need to see the screenshot to be sure of no unexpected configurations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/360453-dual-boot-system-windows-8-1-xp-how-edit-boot-menu-xp.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Okay so I didn t screw up everything but I can t get my boot menu situation straight I have a dual boot of windows xp pro and windows vista business I used EasyBCD to edit my boot menu this way my boot menu listed Windows XP and Windows Vista and it would default to Windows XP The + Windows Xp Menu Boot issues Dual Vista Boot problem now is that I can access F options on windows vista but not on windows xp I messed Dual Boot Windows Xp + Vista Boot Menu issues around Dual Boot Windows Xp + Vista Boot Menu issues with my boot ini for xp but can t get it to do what i want it to do This was my boot ini setup after using EasyBCD - Warning Boot ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems Warning Use BCDEDIT exe to Dual Boot Windows Xp + Vista Boot Menu issues modify Windows Vista boot options boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows XP Professional quot NOEXECUTE OPTIN FASTDETECT When the boot ini is listed as above it will automatically just go to Windows XP I want to have my F options back in case I need to get into safe mode I modified the boot ini to do this - Warning Boot ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems Warning Use BCDEDIT exe to modify Windows Vista boot options boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows XP Professional quot NOEXECUTE OPTIN FASTDETECT multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Safe Mode quot safeboot minimal sos bootlog noguiboot multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Safe Mode Networking quot safeboot network sos bootlog noguiboot multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Safe Mode CMD Prompt quot safeboot minimal alternateshell sos bootlog noguiboot multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot XP Pro Debug quot debug sos basevideo noguiboot bootlog Now when the boot menu comes up and says I can boot into Win Xp or Win Vista it defaults to Win Xp like it is suppose to but brings up all those options that I added to the boot ini So instead of booting straight to windows xp it gives me another menu screen with all the options I just added to the boot ini When it brings up the second boot menu for Windows Xp it shows all the options that I added the normal XP option I can hit F and it will bring up the normal list of safe mode and debug options How can I get the main boot screen Windows Xp option to access those advance options by hitting F instead of going through two menus I m sorry if this in confusing I tried to explain it the best way I could nbsp

A:Dual Boot Windows Xp + Vista Boot Menu issues

This is all you should need to start XP. I suggest lowering the "timeout" to 3 or less. To access your F8 options you should do so immediately after starting the XP-os. (right after this "boot loader" processes.)

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-boot-windows-xp-vista-boot-menu-issues.948385/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have installed ubuntu alongside windows and now in the multi-boot menu I get boot options for windows in addition with a boot option for ubuntu options 7 for boot menu boot Multiple in windows They are Windows loader on dev sda Windows loader on dev sda Windows Recovery Environment loader on dev sda I am not sure which one to boot into Here is some information of my partitions Code Boot Info Summary gt Grub v is installed in the MBR of dev sda and looks at sector of the same hard drive for core img core img is at this location and looks in partition for sda File Multiple boot options for windows 7 in boot menu system ntfs Boot sector type Windows Vista NTFS Boot sector info No errors found in the Boot Parameter Block Operating System Boot files bootmgr Boot BCD sda File system ntfs Boot sector type Windows Vista NTFS Boot sector info No errors found in the Boot Parameter Block Operating System Windows Boot files bootmgr Boot BCD Windows System winload exe sda File system ntfs Boot sector type Windows Vista NTFS Boot sector info According to the info in the boot sector sda has sectors but according to the info from fdisk it has sectors Operating System Boot files bootmgr boot bcd Code Partition Boot Start Sector End Sector of Sectors Id System dev sda NTFS exFAT HPFS dev sda NTFS exFAT HPFS dev sda Compaq diagnostics dev sda f W Extended LBA dev sda NTFS exFAT HPFS dev sda NTFS exFAT HPFS dev sda NTFS exFAT HPFS dev sda NTFS exFAT HPFS dev sda NTFS exFAT HPFS dev sda NTFS exFAT HPFS dev sda NTFS exFAT HPFS dev sda Linux Can anyone please help me know which option to select to boot my windows as I am not sure and i don't want to mess with anything and lose data

A:Multiple boot options for windows 7 in boot menu

Please post back screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370609-multiple-boot-options-windows-7-boot-menu.html