Windows Support Forum

Freezing/Crashing/Hard reset when converting video

Q: Freezing/Crashing/Hard reset when converting video

Hey guys I need some help with a current issue Before I begin I want to stress that this has only happened reset Freezing/Crashing/Hard when video converting during video rendering converting Nothing else causes this issue I have been doing small project studio type video audio work since In I started my first custom build pc for it and had great success with that tower - swapping out and upgrading parts here and there as I went long No freezing crashing ect while doing any heavy video work This past September I did a complete upgrade of my motherboard processor graphics card and Ram I have not done any super heavy video work since upgrading but when I first put it together I ran Prime for a solid hour I am NOT doing any sort of over clocking so I was told running it for more then an hour wouldn't really be necessary and I also ran Afterburner I believe graphics card stress tester and seen no issues I have even ran both these apps recently after having issues with crashing but I didn't get a crash at all with them I use Sony Vegas Pro and Handbrake for video rendering editing converting and like I said my last build I never once had any issues with converting or rendering When I upgraded all the main hardware last September I was doing mostly audio work but now am getting back into video projects and I am experiencing several freezes auto resets Freezing/Crashing/Hard reset when converting video and even BSOD and they all happen randomly - some within a matter of seconds of starting a conversion sometimes I get several minuets hours of converting done before it happens It's been random but often Here is my current setup -Coolermaster HAF X case with internal hard drives The case and the drives are the ONLY things I kept from the previous build Plenty of fans on the case and I monitor the components often with HWMonitor app -AMD FX core processor - Gigs of DDR Ram Freezing/Crashing/Hard reset when converting video Not sure of the clock speed off the top of my head -GTX nVidia graphics card - GB from MSI with latest drivers -Coolermaster evo aftermarket cooler with Artic silver paste -WIndows with latest official updates I have only experienced these crashes while either rendering video with Sony Vegas or converting video with Handbrake Handbrake seems to cause the crashes more frequently then Sony Vegas Sometimes when using handbrake I can go about my converting for a good hour or so without any issues sometimes it only takes the first video and it'll crash I get of crash types all of them random It will either Competently freeze the entire pc up making mouse keyboard ect dead - forcing a hard reset with the front panel switch this seems to be the most common It will hard reset by itself I get a Blue Screen Of Death Anytime I use Handbrake it pushes all cores of my processor to full load Each core runs between to the entire time it is encoding a video and my temps on the processor are considered safe When idle depending on the room temp of course I run anywhere between and degrees Celsius and when Handbrake is doing it's thing even on longer encoding sessions that don't cause a freeze crash the hottest it's ever got is degrees Celsius with degrees being the norm when it's not a hotter summer day PC is located on second floor of house and our central air has been broke up until recently I have had sessions where I can convert several to minuet video clips back to back without any issues and even did a and a half hour video without any issues The to min clips usually take to minuets to convert depending on if its SD or HD video and the and a half hour video took about minuets to convert Again it fully loads the processor the entire time its converting Other times I can't get into anymore then seconds of the encoding process on a short clip and it'll freeze One of the times I got a BSOD I got this info from the dump file using a BSOD readout app Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter ffffe c Parameter f Parameter Caused By Driver hal dll Caused By Address hal dll f f File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe a Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time AM So reading the info I assumed it was a driver but a google search gave me mixed info on what the exact issue was I got some info that said it was graphics card related some said windows related others said it could be a mix of things So here is what all I have tried so far after talking to MSI Graphics card manufacturer as well as talking to a local computer store Again I have not done any overclocking but just to be safe I loaded all optimized defaults on my BIOS I then un-installed my driver for my graphics card ran CCleaner to get rid of any garbage files rebooted and reinstalled the driver I have also tried rolling back to a previous driver version and it did not help I then tried Booting into safe mode On one particular video file it seemed to give me a freeze almost every single time I tried to convert it and the freeze happened every time within a matter of a few seconds after starting the conversion process So I used this file in particular to try a safe mode test I booted up normally tried to convert the video and it gave me a total freeze within seconds like it usually does So I then booted into safe mode converted the video without any issues It took about minuets So I assumed it could of been a driver issue However after re-booting into normal mode I tried the same video file again and it went without a hiccup No issues at all I then converted a few other files and rendered several successful videos in Sony Vegas This left me with hours of successful video rendering without any freezes crashes and then when I went to start a conversion for a minuet video using Handbrake It forze This was right after successful hours of no issues The ONLY thing I have no tried yet that was suggested to me was re-seeding the graphics card So today I plan on pulling the card out using canned air to clean the slots out and then re-insert the card I also have a much weaker video card from my last build that never gave me any crashing issues But again that was running on my older setup using Windows But I figure if it doesn't crash or freeze using that card then I can assume that there is either a driver issue or hardware issues that's graphics card related Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for me on this issue Please let me know I have projects due soon and this is causing me to fall behind Thanks in advance for any help

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130162-freezing-crashing-hard-reset-when-converting-video.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Freezing/Crashing/Hard reset when converting video

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi hope you can help me I have had this computer for years now and had no problems with it until just lately it is Windows XP SP I have Nero and ConvertX DVD installed on my computer and use these on a regular basis but for the last couple of weeks once the converting process starts on these programmes the or converting other software. Convertxtodvd using video when System Crashing computer crashes the screen stays on but the mouse cursor is stuck in the same position and i have to mannually restart the computer by pressing the on switch in for a few seconds Once the system restarts everything works fine until i try to use the vide converting software System Crashing when using Convertxtodvd or other video converting software. I have uninstalled the Programms and reinstalled to see it this would help me to no avail i have ran registry cleaning software to no avail and regulary scan my computer for viruses using McAfee and this is always up to date I have tried everything i know and have not found the answer please somebody help Thanks in advance

A:System Crashing when using Convertxtodvd or other video converting software.

Hello Borofett, Welcome to TSF!

Could you please post back with your full system specs, so that we can determine if this is a Hardware issue.

Kind Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-crashing-when-using-convertxtodvd-or-other-video-converting-software-171051.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 66.65%

This has been occurring for months now hard crashing, PC reset. requiring It is EXTREMELY PC crashing, requiring hard reset. annoying especially if I am in the middle of something very important The mouse cursor will lock everything will freeze and this will usually be followed by any sound repeating buzzing freezing From here it is a complete freeze The only way to get out of this is to restart my computer Now another surprising thing is that usually I need to push my reset button in PC crashing, requiring hard reset. all the way for my PC to reset I suppose this is so you don't bump the button When the crash occurs I only have to slightly touch the reset button for my PC to completely shut down Strange Upon first glance I suspected this to be my power supply however now I am not sure it could really be any other component I am fairly confident that this is hardware related but not sure what is causing these crashes Nothing seems to quot trigger quot the crashes It can happen whilst watching videos playing games browsing the web or simply idling Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:PC crashing, requiring hard reset.

Please provide full specs of your PC including PSU make/model/wattage so we know what we're looking at. Could quite possibly be a PSU problem, but we need all your other hardware info too (CPU, Motherboard, RAM etc).

Is the PC pre-built or custom built?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-crashing-requiring-hard-reset-614768.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone I've been having this problem with my computer since I had it built a while back When I'm doing anything on my computer it will sometimes completely freeze up and I will have to do a hard reset to fix it After I do a hard reset my mouse and wireless network adapter It's a USB one will have to be replugged for them to work again I've tried getting a new HDD and graphics card both of those replacements failed in remedying the problem I'm completely unsure of what could be causing the problem now I'm not sure if this is related or not but I originally had another motherboard of the same type in it but it failed then later I had to remove one RAM stick I originally had GB of RAM in the computer but now I've had to remove all of the sticks except the one Also Speccy shows that my RAM is at MHz while I have it set to MHz in the BIOS Here's my Needed Reset Crashing Hard & specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -bit SP CPU Intel Core i K GHz RAM GB Single-Channel DDR Motherboard ASRock X Extreme Graphics AMD Radeon HD Series HDD GB Western Digital Any help would be really appreciated thanks so much in advance

A:Crashing & Hard Reset Needed

Thank you for supplying your specs, but you forgot the most important one, the Power Supply Unit.
Freezing is usually caused by overheating or an underpowered or failing PSU. Remove the side clean out all dust, blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Look at the label and post the Make, Model # and Wattage of the PSU. If it is under 500Watts it is underpowered for your setup Get a PSU of 550Watts or better. .
Boot into Setup (Bios) and set it to Failsafe Defaults (F5). This should set the proper speed for your RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/crashing-and-hard-reset-needed-691834.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on Random to hard have freezing / reset. me I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me I've tried switching HDD's reinstalling Windows Tested my ram with Memtest for hours no issues Tested HDD's no bad sectors found I've Random freezing / have to hard reset. used HWinfo to check the voltages and Random freezing / have to hard reset. temperatures they seem to be fine even under full Prime torture tests spiking around to degrees Celsius under full burn My setup ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Intel Core i - k not overclocked GB DDR RAM - x GB CMX GX M A C ASUS DRW- F ST drive TB SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SEAGATE ST DM - ER MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX Creative Soundblaster Z PSU OCZ MXSP Watercooling Corsair H i LCD Fan-controller BitFenix CoolerMaster HAFX case I must say the options the motherboard has listed in the BIOS are overwhelming Tons of options and features which are all set to quot auto quot No idea if this contributes to the freezing It's not something that was present before Random freezing / have to hard reset. It started happening about weeks ago Nothing has changed in my setup I even started thinking about the humidity in the air causing system instability so I turned on a DE-humidifier to no avail Thanks in advance for helping me

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54703-random-freezing-have-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have had a problem, for the last two months or so, that consists of my laptop freezing and requiring a hard shutdown to fix it. I have a Dell XPS15, 6gb ram, i5-2450M dual core, and a 1gb NVIDIA GeForce GT 525m graphics card with the newest drivers.

Basically, I will play any game, from the original Mass Effect to WoW to Kerbal Space Program, and my computer will freeze, and occasionally make static noise until I hold down the power button for a hard shutdown. I've done stress tests and monitored the heat, and I don't ever seem to reach the heat threshold. Additionally, I've dusted out the fans and such. One or two times I have been able to alt-tab to fix the problem, and it pops up with an error stating that the display driver has failed.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 64.93%

have posted another topic on bleepingcomputer about this I just want some extra help as responses could be slow...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549415/computer-freezing-randomly-and-having-to-reset/

tldr;

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/UEPn5RnXvn6cXGWsGZ16EVa

error code 800B0100 and error code 80070570 when trying to update

Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in So this has been going on for quite some time now when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from Crashing to coloured hard reset requiring random screen the speakers I assume a very short loop of the last Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset sounds of what was playing and I am forced to hard reset the computer sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen times a day it totally varies with no apparent cause It has a brand new hard drive ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store All help is much appreciated Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/67239-crashing-random-colored-screen-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in So this has been going on for quite some time now when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity reset requiring coloured screen hard Crashing random to games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from the speakers I Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset assume a very short loop of the last sounds of what was playing and I am forced to hard reset the computer sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen times a day it totally varies with no Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset apparent cause It has a brand new Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset hard drive ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store All help is much appreciated Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67239-crashing-random-coloured-screen-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Placed in hardware as I beleive it occurs with anything video related Recently my computer has started crashing I suppose when playing games Anything heavily tasking on the GPU basically Videos seem to be fine mostly I ve put this in the hardware section as I suspect it s the GPU I added new RAM in the past a while now Game Video Crashing/Freezing but this issue started days after the new RAM was fitted So I don t suspect the RAM I presume if it was a compatibility problem it would have been apparent from the start When this first started I thought the RAM had died I ran memtest on the RAM and it came up clean under several passess Being cautious however I ordered a new stick of RAM as a replacement The issue continued When playing a game I happened to accidentally minimise Video Game Crashing/Freezing it just before the computer screen went black Video Game Crashing/Freezing and I lost control A notification told me that the Graphics driver had stopped responding and had recovered I tried editing the registry to change the timing before that happened forgotten what it was called I then tried new and old drivers Next I tried uninstalling windows this seems to have made the issue take slighlty longer to occur during gaming I next suspected that it was the particular game and new installs and crashing in other games proved this wrong also I had my GPU overclocked Video Game Crashing/Freezing at the time I had forgotten about this so I turned it below factory clocks and also tried defualts to no avail I m thinking of trying to buy a new GPU but would like a second opinion before I go buy another expensive graphics card Log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd G MT-D Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled And my PSU is w so shouldn t be any problems there The screen goes black as soon as something actually happens like when one of my little guys shoots at someone RTS or somebody something explodes I ve tried using keys on the keyboard to see if I still have control and if it s just the screen that s gone That doesn t work either Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this extremely annoying issue nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi whenever i play certain games (left 4 dead 2, mass effect 2, dragon age) my game and computer will freeze up. I cant even Ctrl alt Del out of it and i have to end up restarting my computer. I have tryed reinstalling windows, updating my video card driver, and updating my Bios. my system specs are: Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 9800 gt, Asus M4a78T-E motherboard.

Pls help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-freezing-crashing-during-video-games-458349.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I ve had my gaming computer for about years now and it s worked perfectly fine up until recently Lately my computer has been freezing up randomly while I m playing a game Couldn t even ctrl alt del and I m forced to do a hard boot to get it running normally again and this has been happening more and more often Video Issues Card Freezing/Crashing Last night I was about to play the game Rift and upon loading into the game and taking steps it froze Video Card Freezing/Crashing Issues so I proceeded to restart it however once it got to the initial BiOS screens I began to see visual artifacts Vertical lines of color and it got worse once I got to the log-in screen where i found my screen resolution was set at the lowest and I received a notification that my video card had quot locked quot and that I needed to restart again So after I restarted everything seemed OK until I tried to use a program that relied on my GPU and it froze again and all the colors on the screen got all distorted This now appears to happen every time I try and run a game or visual program and sometimes even randomly while browsing I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if anyone knows what s wrong how to fix it PS I Updated my graphics drivers a few months ago and made sure they were properly installed and the old ones uninstalled and I run a temp program to insure that my GPU isn t overheating Here s a pic taken about seconds after joining a CoD game http i tinypic com witvfk jpg Computer Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb SLi Enabled Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DELL Inc P J A CN BP nbsp

A:Video Card Freezing/Crashing Issues

Hi and welcome to TSG.

My initial thought would be a heat problem, you say you have run a temp program to check these, which program and what temperatures is it showing? Have you / do you clean out the inside of the machine at all to get rid of dust build up?

It could also be the GPU itself failing.

Have you upgraded any hardware since you got the machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-freezing-crashing-issues.1006229/
Relevancy 62.35%

First off here s some specs on my machine I pulled this info directly from dxdiag since it s not too verbose Time of this report Machine name PC Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model card possibly Computer crashing/freezing, video System Product Name BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Default Monitor First off I apologize for any random typos I m peering to my Computer crashing/freezing, possibly video card left to see my monitor while typing in front of me I ll start from the top I built this computer about three and a half years ago so the AM socket was still relatively fresh The RAM is Corsair and my mobo is an Asus Pretty sound picks Anywho after about a year and half later my machine started freezing crashing on me The first occasion was while playing the F E A R expansion It didn t concern me a whole lot since it froze up at the same spot in the game every time until I turned down some of the graphic settings The game only got more graphically intense from there though Eventually I decided I was sacrificing too much and stopped playing altogether A few months later it started crashing for no apparent reason While playing games after sitting idle for anywhere from hours to days while browsing the web for a long time Far more consistently it will crash while making a large data transfer to or from my external hard drive About one in ten times it will completely freeze as opposed to shutting down Over the last months I ve looked into some of the more obvious causes such as power supply failure blown capacitors on my mobo RAM failures and such Nothing has turned up A few days ago my monitor connected via DVI went out on me but I was able to get it working It failed a second time and has not functioned since I m working on my TV now via S-Video and I ve actually had less problems this way First off no more dead dying miscolored pixels It s obvious now that was just the monitor dying I haven t had any crashes so far and only one freeze while running a CPU torture test overnight and even WoW is playing better It was very common for random in-game textures to fly off their intended surfaces towards seemingly random vectors I ve only had one texture do that since I hooked the tv That however was after running a video stress test that failed in one minute I ve run that stability test two other times both of which failed Aside from that test I ve run the CPU test mentioned above another CPU stability test as well as a general motherboard stability test not of a good quality At this point I m looking at one of three things My motherboard CPU and graphics card While it seems far more likely that the video is the issue I can t rule out the freeze during CPU test Prime nor can I have a definitive answer without testing my mobo more If anyone can recommend a good motherboard tester I would greatly appreciate it along with any insight you can offer me Keep in mind I know most of the basics of computer operation and function but I am by no means an expert nbsp

A:Computer crashing/freezing, possibly video card

Motherboard tester? A motherboard test will always be testing the CPU, memory and video too. I would start by swapping out the video card, then going after the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-freezing-possibly-video-card.139057/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been noticing that my computer is freezing and crashing when I am watching a video online whether that is on Netflix or other video hosting websites. However at other times when I am browsing or when I am playing games the computer doesn't crash or anything or freeze so I would greatly appreciate your support on this matter.

A:BSOD freezing/crashing when watching a video online

It is a stop 0x101, that takes place this occurs when the processor is nonresponsive or is deadlocked.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an
MP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified
processor is hung and not processing interrupts.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000031, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, 0.
Arg3: fffff88003965180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, 0.
Any component of the computer may cause it. So we have to check the entire hardware an software environment for the reason of the BSOD. Let us try from a particular point at first, take a look at the hardware.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
At least 30% free is good. And let us know about the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.
Better you do it twice ... one snap after one hour of usage and another one after two hours of usage.

Also upload your MSINFO32.nfo file. It will give us some more info about the system.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297902-bsod-freezing-crashing-when-watching-video-online.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently put together my custom build, and it worked fine for about a month, but I went to install my new Seagate hard drive and it immediately started boot looping. It usually gets to the windows Logo, then freezes for a moment, black screens, and starts again, sending me to a window asking if I'd like to launch startup repair, but once I click on it, it blue screens. I already made sure it's not trying to launch Windows from the new drive, and I tried running a diskpart on the new drive and repartitioned it, which let it boot once and it stayed on for a few hours. What should I do to fix this? It only started happening after I installed the new drive.

A:(Hard Drive?) Crashing Custom Build on Startup, Freezing

Bad hard drive.
If it is new and under warranty, send it back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/371035-hard-drive-crashing-custom-build-startup-freezing.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Not sure if this is the correct forum because it could be a number of problems but here goes While playing Lord of the Rings online my computer frequently emits a horrible crackling or distorted beeping sound thereafter completely freezing so I cannot even ctrl alt delete out of the game I have to do a hard boot everytime I have had someone who knows a fair amount about computers look at it She reinstalled everything and updated all the appropriate drivers etc It worked LOTRO Freezing Crackling Hard with or Crashing Boot requiring for about a week without crashing but now it's back to doing it I realize this could be a million things but I hope someone has experienced the exact thing and could provide some LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot guidance Thanks and here's what I run Motherboard - LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot ASUS P Q LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Memory - OCZ Platinum GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ P GK Hardrive - Western Digital VelociRaptor WD HLFS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive bare drive - OEM Processor - Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz LGA Quad-Core Processor Model BX Q Power Supply - Antec True Power Trio TP - W ATX V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply with Three V Rails Card - ASUS ENGTX TOP HTDI M GeForce GTX MB Case - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP Black Computer Case

A:LOTRO Crashing or Freezing with Crackling requiring Hard Boot

Do you only experience this issue while playing this game?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lotro-crashing-or-freezing-with-crackling-requiring-hard-boot-326934.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm on windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit with Vista originally on Laptop. Im on an Asus G71GX-RX05 laptop purchased about 3 years ago. I installed windows 7 with disc provided about 2 years ago. Here are the specs for my laptop.

My issue is that whenever I'm watching Netflix streaming or youtube streaming my computer will freeze completely on the screen that its on. No other screen pops up. It only occurs with streaming websites. I can play PC games fine and browse the internet. Sometimes a weird buzzing noise comes out of the speakers while it is freezing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Slayer41

A:Freeze during online video streaming requiring hard reset.

Hello,

I'm still not sure what you mean by "freeze". If the video freezes inside a perfectly normal browser window while it "buffers" due to a slow internet connection. If the browser itself freezes so that it won't respond to your input, that is more complicated and may or may not be helped by a reset: Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset...

Regards,
Sysesc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-during-online-video-streaming-requiring-hard-reset-662580.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok my friend s computer is anything reset Freezing on when getting freezing when doing then startup and worse.. exhibiting the symptoms as I ve described in the title Basically it s freezing Freezing when doing anything and then freezing on startup when reset getting worse.. whenever you seem to be doing anything thats a little bit more system intensive than just sitting idle Opening webpages viewing video in full screen etc You restart it and it s like frozen with just the blue desktop and an egg timer on the screen Freezing when doing anything and then freezing on startup when reset getting worse.. I think this is obviously a heat issue because if you leave it a while after it s frozen and then start it up it s back to normal Thing is I ve only jsut been able to start taking a look at it and he s been using it all the while and I think it s at a point now where some damage has been done as he says it s basically unusable now after telling him to leave it well alone until I can look at it CPU is overheating Graphics wouldn t cause this much of a hoo haa would it He does have a spare card that I can fit to see if it helps I m getting some compressed air in the post soon so I ll give everything a blast seemed to help before but do you think it s worth taking the heatsink and fan off and reapplying thermal paste etc Am I totally off base here - is it possibly nothing to do with heat Thanks in advance guys nbsp

A:Freezing when doing anything and then freezing on startup when reset getting worse..

It does sound like a heat issue and a malfunctioning/overheating graphics card can certainly cause these issues.

Are the issues still occuring?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-when-doing-anything-and-then-freezing-on-startup-when-reset-getting-worse.157169/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

When Im Playing a game, my computer shuts it off in the middle of gameplay, any explanation?
(I tried re-installing, and it didnt work)

Also, Im trying to install a few programs onto my computer, and during intallation, my com puter freezes, any explanations?

Thank You To anyone Who Replies!!!

A:Games Freezing/Crashing And Problems nsalling Software (freezing)

Cody
Welcome to TSG!
You problem could be resource related. Please give us a little more information about your system. The OS your using, the computer itself, Ram, processor and so on.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-freezing-crashing-and-problems-nsalling-software-freezing.51386/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having trouble converting home movies to mpeg4 to put on an ipod... i can convert them but the audio and video frames are not in sync. and the result is a 1/2 second (or so) delay in the sound to video...its really frustrating...can anyone help ....i know there in sync when i play them in windows !!!

A:Help converting video with xilisoft video converter

the above question

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-converting-video-with-xilisoft-video-converter.418960/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 50.31%

i have been gettings BSOD randomly
already try
-uninstall daemon
-uninstall VGA driver,use driver sweeper in safe mode,install VGA driver

my laptop compaq presario CQ42-176tx
spec Compaq Presario CQ42-176TX, Speed 2.26Ghz, RAM 4GB Laptop/Notebook Price in India, Reviews & Specifications

A:bsod video scheduler and attempt to reset video card

Welcome

Lets start with Driver Verifier

Verifier puts extreme stress on the drivers, bad ones will cause BSOD. If we change all those drivers we hope for no more BSODs, If you get no BSODs, then its not a driver and we look to hardware. With verifier on your computer may be a little laggy, but actually..its just doing its work.Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Information
Driver Verifier runs in the background, "testing" drivers for bugs. If it finds one, a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) will result; the corresponding dump file will hopefully show the faulty driver.

Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow

Driver Verifier monitors kernel-mode drivers and graphics drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. It can subject the drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior.

Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253038-bsod-video-scheduler-attempt-reset-video-card.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys.
Is it possible to help my dualcore CPU in video converting with my ATI HD4670 VGA? Ive heard somewhere that it is possible (or that Windows should use VGA with CPU automaticaly), but when I drag&drop divx movie into my ZEN, it only uses my CPU and it takes too long to convert 2 hour movie (700MB).
Thanks for reply

A:How to use VGA for video converting

Hi Lord of Minor!

I think that you might not have GPU converter software from ATI (called Avivo Video Converter)installed:

ATI Radeon

If u wanna check, just right click desktop and click on Catalyst Control Center, then go to Video Converter from top-left menu. Over there, if you see "Start Video Converter" button then you have it installed else not.

You need to install Avivo package from above link for GPU video converting to work.

Hope this helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/119021-how-use-vga-video-converting.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My university produce virtual classes "Wiz IQ" but the final videos we get as students are videos with .exe extension. I am looking for a way to convert these videos to MP4 or any video extension. The only way I have found is to record the video by screen recording software such as Camtasia studio. Do you know faster way than this method?Thank you

A:Converting .exe video to .MP4

.exe are executable. The format (.exe) is not a video format. This is probably because it is an interactive program and the video clips are many parts that are stitched together as needed depending on the need of the program. I think that the only way you can create a watchable video is how you are doing it but you loose the flexibility of the original program.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/converting-exe-video-to-mp4/19442.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So I was attempting to skrink a video down and BSOD came up I would post it but it is gigs in size THis is the best I could do Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights a BS video after converting reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search BS after converting a video path is srv c cache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff a PsLoadedModuleList xfffff c d Debug session time Thu Dec UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details BS after converting a video Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffff cf ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be BS after converting a video loaded for iaStorA sys Probably caused by Unknown Image ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an MP system within the allocated interval This indicates that the specified processor is hung and not processing interrupts Arguments Arg Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks Arg Arg fffff cf The PRCB address of the hung processor Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT PROC DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME DivXEngine exe CURRENT IRQL d STACK TEXT fffff fffff ad a a fffff cf nt KeBugCheckEx fffff fffff a f fffff nt FNODOBFM string' x e e fffff f fffff ff fffff a fffff ba fffff a fffff nt KeUpdateSystemTime x fffff af fffff a db d fffff b fffffa cd ef fffff ec hal HalpHpetClockInterrupt x d fffff b fffff aab fffff bf e fffff a f e fffffa eef b nt KiInterruptDispatchNoLock x fffff cb fffff a f d fffff e fffffa db c fffffa db nt KxWaitForLockOwnerShip x fffff ce fffff b fffff ec fffffa d dd fffffa db c nt KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLock x d fffff d fffff ae fffffa fb fffffa f storport RaidAdapterAcquireStartIoLock x fffff d fffff e b fffffa fffffa fffffa fb storport StorAcquireSpinLock x fffff d fffff f b fffffa d f fffffa d db storport FNODOBFM string' xa fffff e fffff ceb fffffa cd e fffff c fffffa cd e fffff iaStorA x b b fffff e fffff c a fffffa bad iaStorA xab fffff e fffff a c fffff bf e fffffa d de fffffa d dd iaStorA x a fffff f fffff a dd fffffa e b fffff c nt KiRetireDpcList x bc fffff fb fffff a db c f fffff c ce fffff b b nt KyRetireDpcList x fffff b aa fffff ac b fffff a a fffff a ac nt KiDispatchInterruptContinue fffff b ad fffff a ac fffffa cd eb fffffa e nt KiDpcInterruptBypass x fffff b ae b d f nt KiInterruptDispatch x eed x b d f STACK COMMAND kb SYMBOL NAME ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME Unknown Module IMAGE NAME Unknown Image DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT PROC ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE BUCKET ID X CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT PROC ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Followup MachineOwner --------- A little about my machine I just recently formatted and started over a week ago something I do once a year All Windows updates applied very little software installed at the moment I would like to start this process over again but not if it is going to BS again

A:BS after converting a video

What exactly do you mean by 'shrink' - make the video shorter or crop the video. What tool did you use for that.

I would have recommendations for both operations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316271-bs-after-converting-video.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, Anyone out there know of a free video converting utility for converting flv files to avi or wmv? thanks !

A:video converting

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/convert-flash-video-flv-to-avi-avi-or-mpeg-mpg.html

http://media-convert.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-converting.608080/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I am using Prism to convert home video files which are vob files to begin with. No matter which output format I choose, the video files come out all squashed. I have set the height and width to a number of different settings and the output video is always squashed.Is there another free video converter that might be better? How can I correct the problem I am having with Prism converter? Thanks for your help on this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-vob-video-to-mov-avi-or-mpg.682097/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm trying to convert an online video for a friend of mine. His wife would like to be able to view this on a DVD player. Here's the site link:

http://fivefortyone.com/fa_employment/
any and all help would appreciated.

A:need help converting video

It's probably the same extension as youtube, flv. Try Super http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html and convert to mpeg2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-converting-video.661414/
Relevancy 50.31%

I hope someone can help me. I am trying to convert my wedding video to DVD and, as such, have purchased a Belkin Hi Speed DVD Converter. I have finally worked out how to get it all plugged into the Video Recorder and the computer and can get it to playback on Nero fine. However, when I try to record and capture the picture freezes and I get an error message saying"Unable to analyze the captured file c:\...). When I close out of Nero (in a fit of pique!!!) the computer reboots and then on restart says the computer has recovered from a critical error.

What am I doing wrong and how do I get round it? Go easy with me, I am not a teccie, just a housewife with a few brain cells!

Thanks in advance

Jacqui

A:Help Converting Video to DVD

I'm afraid I have no idea. Personally, I don't use any expensive hardware for creating DVD's from video files. I tend to use Nero Vision, as bundled with Nero 7 Premium these dats. It's simple and does what it says on the tin with most formats. Takes an hour or two usually, but ease of use tends to be what I'm going for these days. Nero Vison, as mentioned above, is simply a matter of telling it to create a DVD, add the files, set chapters, create a menu (or not - your choice), set burning options and burn. Does it all in one package.

Someone more experienced with your particular piece of hardware might be able to answer your question though if you particularly want to do it that way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-converting-video-to-dvd.47243/
Relevancy 50.31%

i am converting videos do i convert it to 640x480 or 720x480 and also do i convert it to mpeg2 or mp4
but the video source is mpeg2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-video.1169127/
Relevancy 50.31%

Uploaded video upside down from my phone to my PC and so I wanted to convert it to a wmv then flip it in movie maker but the video skips. Is there some settings I don't know about? Been a while since I messed with this stuff.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/converting-video-1052570.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Looking for a solid free video converting software?

A:Video converting

Try this:

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436882/video-converting/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am trying to convert wmv to mpg or mpeg (is there a difference between the two?)..is there any free software that I can download to do this...all the ones I came across have watermarks on the output

A:Needs video converting help

Firstly, no there is no difference between mpeg and mpg, the latter is basically an abbreviation.

Secondly, I don't believe that there is a WMV to MPG converter that doesn't leave a watermark enless you buy the software...but I can recommend Amor WMV to AVI/MPEG/VCD/SVCD/DVD converter!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/needs-video-converting-help-80262.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I downloaded an episode of a TV show from I-Tunes, and I'm having trouble converting it to a .wmv file. Can anyone here suggest a shareware program or a web site where I could complete this file conversion?

I know it's possible, but I'm new to this, and i'll welcome suggestions.

Thanks.

A:HELP: Converting I-Tunes Video To .WMV

Try NCH video pad free trial. Import video from iTunes, add to timeline and export in desired format. I believe they also do a specialist file conversion software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-converting-i-tunes-video-to-wmv.1047427/
Relevancy 49.45%

i know this sounds odd, but is there any way to take the audio out of a youtube video? basically, an old friend put out a video of him playing a song i like and i wanted to convert it to an audio track to listen on my mp3 player. any ideas, or doesn it not work that way?

Relevancy 49.45%

I want to take the menus off of a DVD and use them for another one that i am making.Ulead will not just let me use the menus in video ts format so is there a way that i can convert them to a different format? Or is there just a better way to use them for the project I am working on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-video-ts-to-another-format.344504/
Relevancy 49.45%

How do I convert a svcd file with a .dat file extension to a mpeg file.
Is there a kind of converter I can use ??

A:Converting video files

You could try this utility :

http://www.vcdgear.com/

Though no gurantees -what is your source for the file ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-video-files.181843/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an avi video and need to convert it for youtube into a mpeg. Tried a number of converters and all wanting a codec imm5 but can't seem to find. I assume you download this so that media player will play video. so i do i get this video converted, any suggetions?

A:Video Converting & Codecs

Hi, I did find this in my search.

From here

Thank you. Using virtualdub (and possibly after installing the codec), I was able to transcode it successfully. I sincerely appreciate this. –  ChrisInEdmonton Apr 12 at 4:36

@ChrisInEdmonton: How did you install the codec? –  harrymc Apr 12 at 13:08

I installed it by running the 'setup.exe' included with the backupplayer. It does NOT provide the time stamp (relevant in this case) when viewed in e.g. Windows media player, but it was 'close enough' for my purposes. I'll use backupplayer while Windows OS's can run it, and transcode when that's no longer true. – 

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512241/video-converting-codecs/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok ok, before you tell me to search the boards for answers, hear me out. This case is different.

I want to put winamp visualizations on my ipod. I used Fraps, Winamp, and Videora iPod converter to make and convert a mp4 for my iPod.. The weird thing is, as soon as I tried to create this home made .avi file into an mp4 the file won't go into the movies section of iTunes.

For some reason videora didn't convert the video, yet when I play the .avi everything runs fine.

Could it possibly be because the file is 1.8 GB big (11 minutes of raw uncompressed avi video)?

Perhaps someone could point me in the direction of another converter program to try? Yes, I've tested Videora already and it converts all of my movies (All legal of course ) onto my iPod just fine..

Any help would be appriciated, thanks!

- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-video-converting.518730/
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently downloaded some tv shows off of kazaa...They are in video format and i play them off of Winamp....

I would like to burn them on cd's and only LISTEN to them when i am not at my computer. Is there a way that i can convert the video files to audio files so that i can burn them?

If you do not understand this, but do care, please email [email protected]

If you do understand, PLEASE POST AN ANSWER!

Thank you

A:Converting Video to audio

Since you downloaded tv shows its illegal and I cant talk about it here but im gonna help anyway because the mods are in the christmas spirit. Right?

Get the program from
http://download.com.com/3000-2140-7193657.html?tag=lst-0-4
It will record any sound going through your sound card, so let the tv shows play while its recording. It will save as MP3, which you can burn onto your CD and hear your shows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-video-to-audio.109714/
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to convert a video file (QuickTime/.mov) to something I can use in Windows Movie Maker.Is there something already on my computer that will do this or do I need to download something?Dell w/Windows XP Also. Does it make any difference where the file is located? I placed the video into the same file w/the still images from my cameras mem card.The images/video are located in a "My Documents\My Pictures" file.Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:converting video files

Try using SUPER? by eRightSoft. Very good program! Just install it. Run i then drag the file to be converted and select and output file type at the top (you should select .mpg (Mpeg I). Then click Encode (Active Files) at the bottom and wait and the output should be in the same location as the original file!Download here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Vi...ted/SUPER.shtml or http://www.erightsoft.info/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe Note: This file is about 30MB (Not recommended if you are a dial-up/pre-paid user)SUPER ? supports the following formats as input source file:- Input Image Sequence: jpg, pgm, png, ppm (with sequentially numbered-ONLY filenames) having the same filename numbered-ONLY format. Example: 0001.jpg --up to--> 0999.jpg note that this format will NOT work name_0001.jpg --up to--> name_0999.jpg (take out name_)- Input Video format: 3gp, 3g2, amv, asf, avi, dat, dvr-ms, fli, flc, flv, m2ts, mpg, mkv, mov m4v, mp4, nsv, ogm, qt, rm(vb), str, swf, ts, trp, ty, ty+, tmf, viv, vob, wmv ..- Input Audio format: aac, ac3, amr, flac, mmf, m4a, mp2, mp3, mpc, ogg, ra, wav, wma ..It can even convert files for iPods, PSPs and other handheld consoles/portable players.More info can be found at - http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193503/converting-video-files/
Relevancy 49.45%

For more then a decade now my wife and to issues converting Having video DVD I have been taking photo's and videos of our daughter Not wanting to blindly have faith nothing will happen to the SD cards these files are stored on I'm attempting at moving everything onto dvd I was easily able to burn off the photo's with no issues Although I really wish I had a program to enhance the colors a bit in some It's the videos now that are giving me Having issues converting video to DVD grief The video porting of the home movies comes out fine The audio on the other hand is very choppy Most of the video is in avi format with some in mpg I'm using VSO's Convert X to DVD for conversion and burning I had this problem once before a few years back but I just upgraded the program to I use quality blank Memorex DVD RW's for media Going cheap on something as precious as videos of our daughter growing up doesn't make sense to me at all Can't remember what I did the last time to correct this

A:Having issues converting video to DVD

I use the Open Source DVDStyler to create DVDs - complete with the menus and the sort of functions you'd find on commercial DVDs. You can burn to DVD or to an iso image for burning later. At the heart of its video processing is FFmpeg, a well respected Open Source utility that can convert almost any video format to any other.

A number of the 'free download' sites out there have a habit of packaging some less desirable 'optional extras' with their downloads, so I got the Portable Apps version (mercifully free of any extras) from http://portableapps.com/apps/music_v...tyler_portable

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69044-having-issues-converting-video-dvd.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm want to convert some animated gifs/pngs to video so that I can play them as a live wallpaper in Linux, I know I could use Gimp-Gap but it's rather difficult to install it in Linux and it's not suppose to be fully stable either. So that leaves me with FFMPG. How do you convert aGIFs/aPNGs to video in FFMPG?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572667/need-help-converting-animated-gifpng-to-video/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello All For a very long time I have been able to convert video files to AVIs and include audio I used a tool called Xmedia Recode This program uses from what I can gather a built in FFDShow program It has worked wonderfully without issue until recently I was converting some dvds to avis and installed DIVX and a DVD ripping program to get this done It wasn t until after I had finished this project that I discovered that my Xmedia program is not working properly I am thinking this is where my problem began Solved: AVI Converting to Video or how the codecs were broken or messed up So when i examine a file created by Xmedia with quot media info quot and view the audio portion Solved: Converting Video to AVI of Solved: Converting Video to AVI the file I see this Format AC- Format Info Solved: Converting Video to AVI Audio Coding Codec ID - - - - AA B OR if I use GSpot I see this Audio xfffe Extensible wave format AC and it says Codec not installed In a quot working quot file with correct audio i see this using quot media info quot Format AC- Format Info Audio Coding Mode extension CM complete main Format settings Endianness Big Codec ID OR In Gspot x Dolby AC AC Is there something about the differences in the codec IDs that should be a clue I have tried everything I can think including removing all software installed after xmedia I have removed and reinstalled Xmedia along with reinstalling FFDShow Klite Codec Package that I have used for a VERY long time without issue until now The next logical thing to do would be to restore from a previous set point in Windows but unfortunately that s not an option as I don t have that feature turned on but im going to once i get this fixed Any advice would be appreciated Thank You nbsp

A:Solved: Converting Video to AVI

Well as it turned out, the application updated itself to 3.1.7.9 on February 7th and the ac3 audio does not encode properly now. I went with an older version....ac3 now golden.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-converting-video-to-avi.1121301/
Relevancy 49.45%

Who knows what dimensions would best fit the xenon in the conversion? and what converter works best? I know it has to go to 3gpp but I cant find demensions that fit it

A:converting video to fit lg xenon?

Looks like the screen resolution is 240 x 400 pixels.
Don't know about converters,sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-video-to-fit-lg-xenon.916250/
Relevancy 49.45%

when converting video with AVS video converter my computer freezes after a minute of two.
I have tried various software but they all freeze, but no blue screen or restarting.
I am running windows 7, and have plenty of HDD space
2GB RAM

It used to do this a while ago but recently I have reinstalled windows 7 and it still does it.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, anyone know a good program to convert video and to split videos or one program that works well for each. I have tried a number of them but they usually have a bug, either no sound, only sound, sound/video sync is off etc etc. If you know of any good one(s) please tell me, thanks!

Relevancy 49.45%

Is there any good video converting software out there? I want to convert like from .wmv,.avi, .mov ect to more open formats like .mpg i really just want to convert most formats into any other format. Does anyone know of any software out there that can do this? Also i want a good encoding software.

Relevancy 49.45%

windows 7, I'm looking for video converters/dvd rippers that are 64 bit apps or that can run on 64 bit windows 7, also cd/dvd burning software, any help is much appreciated,,

A:Are there many video converting programs for 64 bit

Two places to browse.

Two places to browse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/19218-there-many-video-converting-programs-64-bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I looked thru a ton of posts and did a search but still need help with a video conversion format ivr. video converting I know almost converting ivr. format video zilch about video stuff thought you should know that Things like codecs and file formats are pretty much all greek to me but I try I did see several online programs where you can download a video FROM youtube what I need to do is download a video TO youtube I am creating a page on youtube with a player that will hold several horse race videos I have a web site but since I don t know much about video stuff but do know they can slow page load times considerabley I will put a link from my web site to my page at youtube so visitors can view these races One particular race was hard for me to find and the only one I found is at another web site not youtube The video plays in Real Player but the file extention for the video is ivr Youtube and probably any other converting ivr. format video video hosting site doesn t recognize this extention so I cannot get the thing to download to my youtube page I ve done a zillion searches to get some info converting ivr. format video so I can do this but alas I come up blank and actually have installed then uninstalled several converter programs they either can t convert this ivr or I can t figure out how to run the program I am desperate and hope someone here can please help me In case you need to see the video here is a link directly to it http www nyra com Belmont Broadcast Video BelmontStakes html you will have to scroll down the page and click on the video box that says or you can try this link that I believe will open the actual video http nyra belmonts index html I really need this darn video help Thank you so much PS I previewed my post and tried the links I added they both work nbsp

A:converting ivr. format video

.ivr is RealMedia's proprietary content format. It comes as part of the Real Media 11 player.

Audio conversion is simple--you have to buy Real Media Player Plus and then it will allow conversion to .mp3.
Video conversion I did not check out so I don't know if it works the same way or not, but Real.com holds the answer to your question. I've seen a few converters for other real media formats but none for the .ivr.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-ivr-format-video.674853/
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings!!!! I am trying to do something tricky. I want to listen to company's earnings confrence calls from my ipod. The only problemo is that the audio coming from the web is in streaming video. ( Either windows media player or "real"). Is there any way to capture that audio and convert it into mp3 to put it on my ipod?

Thanks!

A:Converting streaming video to mp3

Sony Sound Forge will open avi files mpg2 etc. you can then just save them as mp3's or you can play the movie and just record "what you hear", thats how I do it anyway.
A search on google headed "Extracting audio from avi files" will give you all the help you need also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-streaming-video-to-mp3.360225/
Relevancy 49.45%

Anyone know how I would convert a graphics computers RGB +sync video to RGBHV or VGA 15?

If there is a sync converter that goes from 4BNC ->VGA and not the other way around I would be interested.

I would like to use standard VGA monitors as these Magnavox CMI14xx RBG monitors are somewhat scarce.

Cheers
Ryan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-4-bnc-rgb-sync-video-to-vga.128822/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have videos on my computer from my webcam, & they are saved in .avi format. Some of them are like 14,000,000 KB, & so I uploaded them in Windows Movie Maker & that seemed to make them ALOT smaller. But, when I try uploading them to YouTube, it's an invalid format. It's like WMMPV or some weird format.

I'm tried looking on download.com for something that can convert them, but nothing seems to work. Can someone help me do this? If this helps, I'm on a Vista & I've tried saving the videos under a different format, but it doesn't let me.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a video (whose total length is 1 minute) that I want to convert from .mov to .mp4 (or even .wmv). I tried searching for freeware to do this but found only trial versions of software that mandatorily placed a company logo watermark on the converted product. I'm sure there's someone here who knows a free software that would allow one to do what I'm trying to do without having strings attached on the outcome?!

Please, it's a simple 1 minute video! Thank you in advance

A:Converting a 1-minute video from .mov to .mp4: How to do this for free?

Ive used a program for years thats totally free called prism video converter. Its made by nch software.You have the option of changing it to the free version once you get it installed.And the free version doesnt have watermarks or limitations that i can see and works just as well as the paid version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-a-1-minute-video-from-mov-to-mp4-how-to-do-this-for-free.1038602/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have video shot with a camcorder over the years. I never look at it, and who does? Its just too unhandy to know what you have much less find what you want.

I want to convert the video tapes to digital so I can store and access on a CD. I am not particular about the format (MPG, AVI, MOV) as long as I can somehow get it off the tape. I am not too fussy about perfect quality. Anything is better than not looking at it at all.

I have seen some software that says you can use it to convert an audio tape into a WAV file by plugging the PC microphone into a tape recorder.

I have seen nothing about getting information off a video tape using the TV or otherwise.

Any one know of a software solution?

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a few videos in mkv which I wish to convert to avi.
Now I wish to know if I convert them to avi, will the video quality be affected??
If yes, then how?

Relevancy 49.02%

RE converting videos from format to another Here s some info re SOFTWARE TO CONVERT VIDEO FILES that some folks might like to file away for future use I contacted the vendor of the Flip camera to ask about software for converting mp files created by the Flip camera and it gave me a list video Software for converting formats of sites to check out Ultimately I obtained a small shareware program called the Prism Video File Converter from www nchsoftware com and it works very nicely Easy to use well-behaved highly intuitive I recommend this program highly And since it s shareware obviously I am not being paid to post this recommendation So far I ve converted a lot of MP files to WMVs and the process is quick I ve also converted a few FLVs to WMVs DRAWBACK one meg flv file I had converted to a wmv now is megs in length By contrast the mp files converted to wmv s are Software for converting video formats roughly the same size

A:Software for converting video formats

Prism works for me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335910/software-for-converting-video-formats/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey,
I have recently become more interested in taking my old analogue video tapes and converting them onto my computer, editing them as I do with DV and then burn to a DVD. I would really like the video to be the highest quality possible but I havenít a clue where to start and what equipment to buy. I have all my old tapes (VHS-C, Super 8, Hi-8, VHS) but none of the cameras. What kind of equipment would I need to completely convert these different tape formats onto my computer with the highest possible quality?
thanks

A:Question about converting analouge video.

I'm no expert and you may get more help from the Yodas lingering around here.
I have done a lot of super 8 and VHS conversions to DVD. In each case I needed a device to play the movie or tape and record it to DVD. In the case of the super 8 film I had to play the movie and capture it with a mini dv camcorder. The VHS tapes were another problem being that they are analog signals. I used a analog to digital converter which worked very well. You can also have them converted to DVD by a business dealing with that. Very expensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-converting-analouge-video.595632/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok, how come any time I convert a small AVI file into dvd the file becomes huge! For instance Ive converted 700mb AVis into dvd and they become 4 gig files

A:Solved: Video Converting Question!

That's because the only relation between the two files is the length and content. Dimensions and bitrate are the main determinants of total size. If the dimensions are the same, its a fact that the 700 mb files has a far lower bitrate than the 4 gig file. Its as simple as that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-converting-question.767743/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello again,

The company I work for has a DVD movie that tells about the company.

I want to be able to take this movie, and convert it to a video file that I can view on my computer, as well as put online for viewing if needed. Is there any program that can do this? I've tried Windows Movie Maker, but can't import the DVD into it.

Relevancy 49.02%

i've a few movie .iso files and was wonderin if there were a way to convert them into video files such as wma/avi/etc. is there a way?

A:converting .iso images into video files

7-Zip can open iso files as archives and get the files out, but they would be in exactly the same format as they were on the DVD. You'll probably find that you can't watch them from the hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-iso-images-into-video-files.899923/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am somewhat of a beginner computer person and have a question regarding video files. I have this video that I play through windows media player, and I'd like to copy the audio from the video and make it audio only. How can I do this? Any suggestions could help. I have Windows XP if that makes any difference.

Thanks

A:Converting the audio from video files

Take a look at http://www.videohelp.com/ they have alot of good resources.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-the-audio-from-video-files.380141/
Relevancy 49.02%

Can anyone help ....

I would like to copy my Music DVDs to my hard drive ..i am using DVD cloner2..which is no problem to use..the problem i have is that when i copy a DVD to my hard drive i would like the copy to be 1 single icon which i can re-name etc...and not a bunch of video ts and audio ts files which look messy. Would like to double click that icon and watch the film...

Many Thanks to whoever gets me sorted...

A:Solved: HELP Video TS/Audio TS Converting

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=VOB2MPG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-video-ts-audio-ts-converting.511597/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I am first time here. have problem to convert AVI file with WinAvi to DVD. When start converting files (700-800 Mb) finishing in about 3 seconds which is not right. Normally taking about 15-20 minutes.
Why this happened and how to fix it.

A:Problem converting video file

Check that the AVI file you are burning to DVD (that is what you are trying to do?) is not corrupt (ie; you can play it).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-converting-video-file-500885.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Basically, what I want to do is take video files off my computer and be able to watch them on my digital camera. When I transfer a video file onto my camera, however, I get "file error". I figured the videos needed to be in the format that my camera recorded in (.AVI) and I can convert the files but it still will not work. My guess is that the codec needs to be the same as well but I am having trouble getting the videos into the same codec that my camera records in. I have a Samsung Digimax 430 and the video codec is included on the software cd that came with it. I am just wondering if someone can point me toward a good program (this is important enough that I am willing to buy one) or tell me how to go about doing this.

Thanks!

Relevancy 49.02%

ive been converting for yrs and had no issues until a few months back , everytime i try to convert files to burn to dvd my pc either locks or quits and shuts down , i did hear it was because ther pc may be dirty so ive recently cleaned it out free from any dust etc, but i still have this issue , also some of the dvds i manage to get done either short episode progs are now jumping , this never used to happen , i have 2 gig of memory and a dual core processor which should be ample to do this , can any one help me out please.

A:pc locks up when converting video files .

I just fixed a computer that used to do the same thing. There's a chance that an upper, normally unused block of memory is bad. As soon as I swapped the memory out, I could do my video transfer and slideshow renders with no problems.

To check this, I would try a memory test. This you load on boot and run the advanced test, and just let it run.

If you do end up needed new memory, an easy way to check what to buy is using Crucial's Memory Scan.

Let me know what you find out!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locks-up-when-converting-video-files.844086/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey everybody

I have a Creative Zen V Plus 4GB MP3 player. I am not big on podcasts that I can download from online (especially the G4 TV video podcasts)

The software that came with the MP3 player has a utility that allows me to convert the downloaded video files, down to a size that is able to be viewed on the MP3 player. Unfortunately, when it converts these files "down" in size, the actual file size becomes much larger.

For example, one video file I downloaded is an hour long video that is about 177 MB, but when converted with the program becomes about 299 MB.

Does anyone know of a program that will convert these files down to the proper size, without making the file size so big?

Thanks for any suggestions

Relevancy 49.02%

I cannot generate a system health report even though the Performance Logs amp Alerts service is running An error occured while attempting to generate the report I've attached a dump of the BSOD files I've had BSOD's within the BSOD while converting files video past few days BSOD while converting video files The two most recently were back to back As with most computer owners I install new drivers all the time I recently installed new video card drivers audio card drivers etc Your guess is as good as mine as far as new drivers go The BSOD is reproducible if I open up the video conversion app and run it to a certain point It also occurs with itunes open Occasionally my PC will hang after I successfully sync my iPod - x -bit or x x - the original installed OS on the system yes - an OEM or full retail version oem - What is the age of system hardware years - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS years Thanks for your help

A:BSOD while converting video files

Here is a report of my hardware with AIDA

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222045-bsod-while-converting-video-files.html
Relevancy 49.02%

What do I need to do do this?

I want to be able to plug Yellow/Red/White(ps2/dvd player for example) cables into my pc (or monitor) so that I can have my monitor output the image.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have 3 videos of my daughter as a baby and someone transferred clips from video to DVD for me. I want to edit the 3 DVDs and put them in the right order. The DVDs are VOB files and I have used PRISM (a web converter to make them AVI files in order to mix and match the clips. They now play upside down! The original DVDs play the right way up. Any ideas?

A:Converting Video Clip Problems

Clicking here might help you sort out your problem, I hope! According to the website the application is free!Let us know how you get on!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114810/converting-video-clip-problems/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have downloaded a movie, but its in rmvb format. To my surprise it doesnt play on the different players i have: windows media player and VLC.

Are there any tools that i could use to convert the format?

I really didnt know that this format is not able to play on many common video players on pc's

Thanks alot all,

cheers

A:Converting Video File Formats

.rmvb - RealVideo Variable Bit Rate FileThis site, describes 2 ways to do it.The first one, Convert RMVB with RM Converter, uses a "pay for" program that will convert it to AVI, WMV, MPEG or DivX.The second one, Convert RMVB with VirtualDub, is a little more involved and uses 3 different programs, but all of the programs are freeware.How to Convert RMVB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109931/converting-video-file-formats/
Relevancy 49.02%

Please Can Anyone One Help My Notebook Cpu Usage Rises Only When Converting Video Files ,totally Lost On Why,can Anyone Help Me Please

Relevancy 49.02%

i want to convert a dvd to a format that will allow to be a zise of 500 to 7-800mb ,
maybe avi,or other video formats ,the smaller the video the better,but the screen size to stay the same,and image quality!

at the conversion ,maybe is possible to have one file...?

let me know your advice,and also if any software to do that and guide how to do it...

thanks

A:converting video from dvd to... to smaller size!?

There are numerous factors that determine a file size, such as the video resolution, video bitrate, codec used, audio type, video length, etc. You can typically have high quality or small size. To get anything else, you need to decide which is more important, quality or size and make adjustments based on your decisions.

I currently use Vidcoder (Free - which is a gui for handbrake) to create mkv files. You can tweak the settings to get the quality or file size that you want/need. In the past I have used AutoGK (Free) with good results. I've also heard very good things about CloneDVD mobile (not free), but I've not used it.

It will be a matter of trial and error for you to experiment and find a happy medium between size and quality.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-video-from-dvd-to-to-smaller-size.1063564/
Relevancy 49.02%

What is the best device if using a laptop to capture analog video and take into the computer through firewire? Thanks

A:converting analog video to digital

You can get a USB Video Capture card rather inexpensively. Or I believe there are some PCMCIA cards that plug directly into your PC Card slot.
such as this one from newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127989

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-analog-video-to-digital.427927/
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently crashed my graphics card playing on a server. The computer froze and after not responding for a while went to multi-colored lines all over the screen then straight to BSOD giving a error:nvlddmkm.sys The system has stopped responding and has now recovered. Since then I'm limited on my internet service use. Almost everything goes black screen and freezes up and ocassionally a bsod like the original one. I've update my windows updates. I have also uninstalled my drivers and installed the latest drivers and also..old drivers. driver:Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS
comp:HP Pavilion dv6000
SF_22-09-2013.zip
Please help

A:Graphics card reset after crashing

Hello and welcome Tomarro mate I don't understand what you mean by playing on a server as i don't game much at all and I cannot open those zips but a few more system specs wold be good.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/305812-graphics-card-reset-after-crashing.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Running on XP SP2, updated. Fresh install
All drivers updated.

Using:
Kaspersky 6
Spybot

On 2 PC and same cable modem I have the same problem.
2nd PC is an upgrade to 1st one, I changed moterboard, CPU, VGA and PSU.
But on 1st one and this one now, when I reset modem or even unplug then plug back LAN cable from modem, explorer.exe crashes with this code 0001f9aa.

I couldn't find this problem anywhere, seraching this code.
Cable modem works fine.

A:Please help! XP always crashing on cable modem reset

No help?

Or can at leas someone tell me what this 0001f9aa means when explorer.exe crashes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-xp-always-crashing-on-cable-modem-reset-210878.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Every now and then my computer problem Reset/Freezing will reset and start beeping whilst the screen is black but the power button is still on at the box It seems completely random when it happens and I cant think of anything Reset/Freezing problem that could have caused it It also freezes when I try to play a game NBA Live if it matters and will need to be reset after this happens I know all this seems vague but Ive got no idea how I can describe it further as Reset/Freezing problem there are no error messages that come up Any help is appreciated Running XP with Pentium on the Medion computer that Aldi sells Occasionally I get a message saying that the virtual memory is running low would this have anything to do with it - - - - - - - - - - On my laptop I am also having a resetting problem where the laptop will just reset when I am not using the computer It is irritating as usually I will leave it on to download something and come back to it being reset I have taken to leaving Media Player open when I shut the lid and this has stopped the resetting but I am wondering if there is any way to fix it Again sorry for the vagueness but there is no error messages that come up The laptop has XP as well not sure of any other details nbsp

A:Reset/Freezing problem

anyone got any idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-freezing-problem.449376/
Relevancy 48.59%

Over the past couple month we had BSOD now & then and its seems to have returned after i tried fixing my current issue of consistant freezing (mainly on startup, p.s not many startup items just needed programs).
I tried safe mode and security scans w/ malware & Microsoft security essentials which found nothing.
I tried to safemode with networking which itself froze and the PC had to be reset.

its seems after the 4th or 5th time of restarting the pc it works fine.

Im using Vista Home Prem. 32bit
fujitsu pc.

There was no disc with this pc : (.....also can i make my own start up disc?..or isnt there any point being that its obviously corrupt.

thanks for any assistance.

A:Freezing Forcing Reset

Generally, Freeze could be from number of constraints.

Junk filesLow Ram, High UsageBack ground programHidden VirusHardware issue

Remedy: Try to delete the temp files, msconfig, try increase the Virtual Memory. Analysis from which date system freezing. Try system restore.

Thanks.
Vijay.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303044-freezing-forcing-reset.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello My father went to the Nantahala this past weekend on a church trip and they purchased the cd that has all of their pics on exe. kind to of file Converting format some video it as well Converting exe. file to some kind of video format as a slideshow which is just all of the pics strung together with a song being played in the background and we would like to email and post it to his facebook page I have tried emailing it as an attachment but when Converting exe. file to some kind of video format you go back to play it nothing happens I have also tried downloading it to facebook Converting exe. file to some kind of video format but they said that they don t support exe files to download in the video area We have the release form from the company to make prints of the pictures and we would like to be able to send the video to the other thirty ppl so we don t have to burn that many copies Any advice would be greatly appreciated Basically I need to convert this exe slideshow into whatever file I can so that I can email and upload it to the computer Thanks a million nbsp

A:Converting exe. file to some kind of video format

I'm not sure if this will work, but you can use winrar or 7zip....

1. Copy the .exe file to your hard disc
2. Right click it and select open with winrar or 7zip (whichever you are using).
3. Hopefully, this file will open now.
4. Now you can extract the files, wherever you want and can mail them too.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-exe-file-to-some-kind-of-video-format.1010806/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm running Windows XP

Winamp visualizations are really cool, and I was wondering if there was a way to make an mpeg or avi file out of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-winamp-visualizations-to-video-format.143205/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I hope someone can help with this problem. Lately my PC has been shutting down by itself when I'm working on something that takes up a lot of computing power. If I'm converting video files or even when my daughters play games on some sites the computer will turn off. I've run a series of anti-virus & spybot programs like Spy Bot, Ad-Aware, & Nortons Anti-Virus and found nothing. I've noticed that my PC has been making strange sounds lately like possibly on of my fans was going out. I wasn't sure if maybe it was my power supply kicking out. My hard drive is also close to capacity as well. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Dell PC
3.0 HT P4
XP Pro
512 MB Ram

A:My Computer Shuts Down When Converting Video Files

Have you solved your malware problems reported in your HJT Topic?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139203/my-computer-shuts-down-when-converting-video-files/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a SANYO mobile and a good thing about it is the mini-SD card it has so I not Mobile (wmv) (2g3, in case) Solved: Video Converting to 3gp my can put things like MP music onto it and once I overcome this obstacle I can put movie clips on it as well WMV - gt G I have some movie clips in WMV format I don t mind if I have to convert it to another video format that Solved: Converting Video (wmv) to Mobile (2g3, not 3gp in my case) I want to get working on my mobile I have searched for a program to do that and only one actually got a decent step forward Thing is it heavily cut out the rest of the clip and when I tried other programs all that appeared on my phone was a red cross The one that worked to a certain extent was the program Xilisoft GP Video Converter Unregistered according to the taskbar but in more detail all it did was give me - seconds out Solved: Converting Video (wmv) to Mobile (2g3, not 3gp in my case) of a minute video clip and I wouldn t mind having it higher quality as well appear on my phone I have searched high and low for a program that does something and it seems I keep getting landed with trialware which I can manage or limitation software that makes it not worth it I don t want a watermark on my clips Anyone got any ideas I am working with a Windows XP computer if you need to know nbsp

A:Solved: Converting Video (wmv) to Mobile (2g3, not 3gp in my case)

This is my experiences with programs so far:

Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter
Recently used it. Placed a watermark on the video file! Uninstalled.

Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter (mispelt above)
Had to go through two dialog boxes for each file. The amount of video put out was severely limited. Uninstalled.

WinXMedia AVI/WMV 3GP Converter
Involved quite a bit of configuration, for good and for bad. I think it just ruined it. Viewing the file on the computer has high quality, but doesn't function to view on the phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-converting-video-wmv-to-mobile-2g3-not-3gp-in-my-case.541854/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to convert quicktime .mov files to a format that is compatible with windows media player.
Thanks
GG

A:Converting quick time video files

Hi,

That's easy with dBpoweramp, but I'm not sure the free version can do it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/converting-quick-time-video-files-179548.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm wanting to turn all of my .avi and .mpg files to .wmv's and I was wondering if there's an ideal and solid program out there for doing it. (preferably free, at least initially)

***BTW, I hope this is the right forum for this question. I looked at all the other ones and this seemed to be the best one.***

A:What's a good program for converting video files into .wmv's?

Hi Rambone,

I use http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

Free and simple, just how i like it.

If that doesn't work try http://www.videohelp.com/ and search for 'avi to wmv' etc

GG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/whats-a-good-program-for-converting-video-files-into-wmvs-180050.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I have some dual-audio videos I would like to convert into a playable format for the PSP.
Normally I would use ImTOO MPEG Encoder to convert my videos, but it does not convert the Dual-Audio videos very well... is there any other software where I can select the audio track I'd like to be played?

A:Converting Dual Audio Videos to PSP Video

you can try Xilisoft Ultimate Converter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-dual-audio-videos-to-psp-video.809213/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey can anyone please tell me free softwares for converting audio as well as video files from one format to another?

A:converting audio/video files into various formats

Use VirtualDub for video, GX Transcoder for audio.

Mind you, most audio and video formats use lossy compression, meaning that you lose quality every time you convert.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/converting-audio-video-files-into-various-formats.57595/
Relevancy 48.59%

How do I convert a movie to the standard format so my tv can read it off of a USB stick that i plug into my tv??

my tv says it reads mkv format.. but the movies from my ipad/camera are all different.. (mov,mp4,Avi) etc..

So 2 questions:

1.What is the main best software (paid or free) that efficiently converts movies to tv format for my usb stick?

and

2. What is the Standard efficient software of Todays DVD burning/converting software? I also want to burn a DVD of my movies so i can watch them on any standard DVD player today.. I haven't burned a DVD in so many years but now i want to and I dont even know what to use anymore..

thanks

A:What is the standard Video burning/converting software ??

1) I would suggest Freemake video coverter, although I might have had some issues awhile back with it... not sure.
And it's free.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59224-what-standard-video-burning-converting-software.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys This is my first question here so I hope I m at the right place Little back story to my PC I got it pretty much exactly year ago It s custom-built although by the company I ordered it from This included the choice of them Overclocking it which I took Everything has been running smoothly until now Now my problem About a month ago Win did some rather big update Since that day everytime I boot up after a longer period of being turned off like a few PC crashing Settings cold, after reset? OC booting hours so most nights it takes PC crashing after booting cold, OC Settings reset? about min to just crash without any warning and restart I then get told that all settings were reset to default values and that previous overclock settings have failed I then get the options to load the default values or load the OC profile by the PC crashing after booting cold, OC Settings reset? company Now PC crashing after booting cold, OC Settings reset? no matter what I load it will run smoothly forever from there on The crash happens every single time without exception and after that it runs just fine for days if necessary without exception A quick restart also doesnt make it crash again only if it s turned off for a few hours Which leads me to believe it s not really a problem with the actual settings Especially since they worked just fine for a year and it all started with an OS update My Specs OS Win Pro -Bit Version paid MB MSI Z -GD CPU IntelCore i - K Ghz RAM x GB Kingstong HyperX Fury DDR - HD Samsung SSD EVO gb Seagate Barracuda TB Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX I uploaded screenshots of my OC settings aswell since I don t really know what s important http imgur com a KCIMs I m happy to provide any more Info you might need Thanks in advance and a happy new year - Drycee nbsp

A:PC crashing after booting cold, OC Settings reset?

OK, you have not included the most important part; your pw supply. Post the exact brand and model# of the pw supply.
Next overclocking does entail a degree of risk; parts work harder and their lifespan is shortened. Here is what I would do;
1 Return ALL settings to stock by clearing cmos [read your mb manual for detailed instructions for clearing cmos]
2 Once all settings are stock, boot windows and start running some stability tests ie prime95 or IBT [intel burn test] Both of these are free downloads.
3 I never build with msi boards however I do believe they [msi] has monitoring software to monitor temps and voltages. This should be on the support page for your board. Download and install the monitoring software.
4 With the monitor running, run prime95 for at least 10~15min. Check your temps and voltages while running prime95. Post those here.

Last thing. Kingston hyperX memory. There are a number of those; open the case and find out the color of the memory chips. Some of those need a higher vdimm [ram voltage] set in the bios/uefi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-crashing-after-booting-cold-oc-settings-reset.1163372/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I'm going to post two different scenarios that happens when my computer needs a hard restart
My computer freezes completely (literally no movement on the screen or anything, it's not slow it's frozen). And an extremely loud buzzing sound comes out of my headphones or speakers.The same thing as above except without the loud buzzing noise.

I saw that this happened to someone else who had both the speakers and the headphones plugged in at the same time. However, scenario #2 just happened to me 10 minutes ago even though I only had my headphones plugged in.

I built this computer six months ago and it's the first computer I've ever built. I assume it's a driver issue but I can't really pinpoint the problem since no BSOD appears on the screen and I have no higher computer knowledge.

I'm attaching the zip file required.

Thanks,

A:Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD

Wow, this sounds like the same thing that happened to a friend of mine when his hard drive was failing. Replaced the drive and the freezes went away. Even the buzzing noise.

Also you may need to look at what drivers you may have just install/updated.

Hoping you don't have any failing hardware "Motherboard, video card, etc". Those are expensive

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42255-random-computer-freezing-need-hard-restart-after-freezing-no-bsod.html