Windows Support Forum

BIOS upgrade to enable NX/XD for Win10 install

Q: BIOS upgrade to enable NX/XD for Win10 install

Currently, my Insyde BIOS (version F.0C dated 3/30/2010) does not allow for NX/XD capability, thus not allowing me to upgrade to Windows 10 (from W7 SP1)Will BIOS upgrade F.0E Rev (01/07/2011) listed on the HP website for my machine (running Intel Core i5 M430 @ 2.27Ghz) upgrade my particular BIOS to enable XD? Details of this BIOS upgrade state: Enables the Intel CPU "Execute Disable Bit" functionality automatically, which helps to prevent some classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks when combined with a supporting operating system.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BIOS-upgrade-to-enable-NX-XD-for-Win10-install/td-p/5682770
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BIOS upgrade to enable NX/XD for Win10 install

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 68.8%

I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows The issue now is I can't enable Wifi The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues is found with it It looks like it is fine However in the Network Settings WLAN is set to quot Off quot and when I try to turn it on it always jumps right back to off eg I can't enable it HP is now help as they clearly state enable Upgrade Win10 after WiFi Can't Issue: Dreaded WiFi any laptop bought prior to specific date in will not get any driver updates from their side for windows Guys never buy HP again please And updating through device manager only tells me it's the newest driver available The Wifi card i Broadcom GN card I searched for win drivers but did not find anything They only offer linux drivers on their homepage So can anyone either provide a solution to the issue or link to a win ' driver for this wifi card

A:Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I had a similar issue were I was stuck in Aeroplane mode on a cleanly installed W10. Turned out I had to uninstall it from the HID's in Device manager. It's worth checking that he's not stuck in it too. Search for drivers in Windows 7, from the HP website and you'll most likely resolve the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42424-dreaded-win10-wifi-issue-cant-enable-wifi-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have an Inspiron 660. Last fall I upgraded Win 7 to Win 10/64.  I was looking at the System Information recently and I noticed that the BIOS mode was set to Legacy.
I see that UEFI is a step up from BIOS.
Is it safe to switch to UEFI after upgrading in Legacy BIOS mode?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19992442
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,
I have a legacy intel pc thats chugging along pretty well. I currently dont have the option to boot from USB. However it seems a later version of the bios solves the problem but I wanted advice before I do anything and also pointers on how to update, if thats the way to go.
Motherboard: Intel D815EEA
BIOS:EA81510A.86A.0031.P07

I downloaded a document from intel which seems to suggest version EA81510A.86A.0051.P11.0051
and above have USB boot enabled from the BIOS.

Should I upgrade and how do i do it?

TIA,
raj

A:Solved: Intel PC Bios upgrade to enable usb boot?

If it's an OEM (brand name) PC, you should only use BIOS updates supplied by that manufacturer (via their website), as those direct from Intel may not be the right one for that board, so you could end up with a non-working PC and no easy way to fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-pc-bios-upgrade-to-enable-usb-boot.1050334/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am unable to install Win 10 Anniversary upgrade on my Asus T100HA Tablet as there is insufficient hard drive space (HD Totals 32GB) I have only got 10.5 GB's free after removing everything I can except Norton AV. Can I use a USB Stick and, if so, how?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/short-hd-space-install-win10-ann-upgrade-4601279/
Relevancy 66.22%

HP Laptop (2005 ish) had vista installed, I slapped win 7 pro 64 on it (forget if upgrade or fresh)
Then I tried win 10 on it.
- IT INSTALLED REALLY QUICK AND EASY-

So then I flattened the drive put win 7 back on and windows update caused me problems. Also the Blue tooth driver wouldnt work. hmmph

tried to win10 upgrade it again online.

2x attempts... hangs at 99% on the install portion. (left it going overnight)

Can't figure out whats the issue. Guess I'll try a fresh install from a iso or something.

This laptop is my 'tv server/storage' HP DV6 pavillion (1134)

1. I know it can work...
2. I know it doesnt work....

I know it must be me...

Stay tuned... I have caddies ssd's and 2 laptops and a desktop. hehe and a usb key from toshiba with a win 10 full factory reinstall ...for a toshiba not a HP...lol

might load a driver for my bong compiler. :

A:Win7-Win10 upgrade - install hangs at 99%

I find Win10 buggy and takes up a lot of disk space on my 32 gbs.capacity Acer One 10 laptop.

Always updating whenver I try to close or reboot my laptop.

I would stick with Windows 7 and not upgrade it.
It more reliable and easier to use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/win7-win10-upgrade-install-hangs-at-99-a-1145881.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I Install, F6 Sound Upgrade After Mut... Anniversary Win10 No 1st saw the other thread about the missing Beats Audio Control Panel but nbsp I also have one other problem in addition to that The light on the mute function key F no longer works After Win10 1st Anniversary Upgrade Install, No F6 Sound Mut... nbsp When I press it it will mute the sound but the light does not go on nbsp I getthe display confirmation X showing that the sound has been muted when pressed but the light does nothing So I don't know if the sound is muted or not without pressing the F button or adjusting the sound with the F F keys nbsp As a note my F does show the two different colors for whether or not the notebook is in airplane mode so it's limited to the F audio key nbsp I followed the instructions for getting the Beats Audio Control Panel back but nbsp I did not have any luck by deleting and letting it reinstall my audio driver nbsp I also did the step of downloading and installing the chipset driver nbsp No difference came from either nbsp My sound overall seems fine from the speakers but I know I'm not getting the benefit of the Beats Audio Control Panel I also have a mute light that no longer works nbsp Both were just fine before installing the Win st Anniversary Update nbsp Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the F mute light back and also any additional steps to try in order to get the Beats Audio Control panel back nbsp I'm more concerned and interested in getting my F mute light back nd working nbsp The Beats Audio isn't a critical issue to me but I wanted to mention it nbsp I'd really appreciate the help nbsp I'm just glad I have decent sound that is good enough for online training still nbsp This could be a total nightmare otherwise nbsp I just want my mute light back and would really like the Beats Control Panel working again

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/After-Win10-1st-Anniversary-Upgrade-Install-No-F6-Sound-Mute/td-p/5763748
Relevancy 65.79%

I built a computer back in 2009 with an Intel DP55KG motherboard running Windows 7. So, I am getting for a fresh Windows 10 install and I noticed that back in 2009 I never enabled the UEFI boot mode. Would it be recommended to enable it this time before the Win 10 install, or will it bring about some issues?

Here is the definition of the setting according to the motherboard manual:

UEFI boot
OPTIONS: ? Enable ? Disable
Enables or disables Unified Extended Firmware Interface (UEFI) Boot. UEFI Boot must be enabled in order to boot to a drive larger than 2 TB (terabytes). Enable: BIOS will attempt to boot via UEFI before using the legacy boot sequence. Disable: BIOS will use the legacy boot sequence.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/50754-should-i-enable-uefi-boot-bios-before-win-10-install.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I've received conflicting info on this point so I thought I would ask the experts here Will the Windows quot free quot upgrade follow any redirects I have added to my Win Home Premium installation When I Will upgrade Win10 follow install redirects? Win7 installed Win on my GB SSD I used an XML script to relocate the Profiles Directory and Program Data folders from my SSD to my hard drive This Will Win10 upgrade install follow Win7 redirects? saved space on the SSD and simplified future program installs since they followed these redirections However I am concerned that the Win upgrade may not do so Thoughts On a related note I also use OneDrive for multiple users -- a different login for each Windows user account I understand that Win is tightly integrated with OneDrive but is limited to accessing one login Must I use just a single OneDrive login across the entire machine i e all Windows user accounts Or does each account get to login to its own storage on OneDrive Thanks in advance for any enlightenment

A:Will Win10 upgrade install follow Win7 redirects?

Originally Posted by RiverCityTen

I've received conflicting info on this point, so I thought I would ask the experts here:
Will the Windows 10 "free" upgrade follow any redirects I have added to my Win7 Home Premium installation?

When I installed Win7 on my 250GB SSD, I used an XML script to relocate the Profiles Directory and Program Data folders from my SSD to my hard drive. This saved space on the SSD and simplified future program installs, since they followed these redirections. However, I am concerned that the Win10 upgrade may not do so. Thoughts?

On a related note, I also use OneDrive for multiple users -- a different login for each Windows user account. I understand that Win10 is tightly integrated with OneDrive, but is limited to accessing one login.
Must I use just a single OneDrive login across the entire machine (i.e., all Windows user accounts)? Or does each account get to login to its own storage on OneDrive?

Thanks, in advance, for any enlightenment.

Hi and welcome to Tenforums.

I have sometimes seen in the past, problems with relocated user directories. You can try the upgrade, and if it fails, set the pointers back to default (you don't have to actually move the data).

Each user account can have an MS login. Or, you can have local accounts, and only sign into MS apps as required. That's what I do.

Since you have a W7 machine, you might want to read this post:

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Page 16 - Windows 10 Forums

Good luck.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57148-will-win10-upgrade-install-follow-win7-redirects.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Lenovo G it came with Windows Home originally but I hated it and bought a copy of Pro to install on it That was back in early Anyway when MS announced the Windows upgrade thing I reserved my copy and everything went well Now I was finally ready to upgrade it but when I upgrade refusing stubborn to due VERY Win10 install to hardware about tried it refused claiming quot There are no supported networking devices quot This is a mid-range laptop that came with Windows the networking hardware not being supported in is ridiculous not to mention why does that even matter Why is there no install anyway option especially since it had no issues with I initially reserved it I have tried EVERYTHING but nothing has worked it is being intensely stubborn about not giving me my upgrade I tried re-downloading the latest which were from Ethernet and WiFi drivers and re-installing them as well as the Intel chipset drivers I Win10 upgrade VERY stubborn about refusing to install due to hardware have tried the most common solution that is posted everywhere about uninstalling update KB then re-installing it but it still complains about my networking hardware I have tried running the command quot schtasks exe Run TN quot Microsoft Windows Application Experience Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser quot quot with admin rights and waiting half an hour nothing Also I am pretty sure uninstalling that update and running that task are basically the same end result namely making it re-evaluate your system But it still complains about my networking hardware I tried forging the update by running the command quot wuauclt exe updatenow quot with admin rights to force it but nothing happened Finally I tried the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB drive and install off the drive but when I tried to do an upgrade it complained that to do an upgrade I have to install it from within Windows I can't boot off the Windows installer and guess what it complained about when I tried to run the USB stick under Windows I am seriously at my wit's end here Nothing I can do appeases the installer's need to make my networking hardware make it feel warm and fuzzy inside and there appears to be no way to tell it that I don't care and to install anyway not to mention there is no possible way the networking hardware is not compatible with considering the laptop came with AND it's complaining that it's not happy with either the Ethernet card OR the WiFi card There isn't much time left to upgrade to without paying for it Any ideas or suggestions

A:Win10 upgrade VERY stubborn about refusing to install due to hardware

To force the upgrade from within Windows 7 you can extract the Media Creation tool ISO to the desktop and click on setup.exe. ISO - Disk Image File : Extract to the Desktop - Windows 7 Help Forums

If the upgrade doesn't work you can look at or post here the setuperr.log and setupact.log files generated to see what was wrong. It might of course fail because of the network drivers it is complaining about in which case you can uninstall them from device manager and try again.

Probably wise to make a backup before just in case.

p.s. looks like it can be made to work even though G780 isn't supported...

I unfortunately had to completely Reset Windows 10, but at least I now can use the internet on my laptop. :/

Lenovo G780 No Internet in Windows 10 - Lenovo Community

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37039-win10-upgrade-very-stubborn-about-refusing-install-due-hardware.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi.
I just did a fresh install of Win7 Ultimate SP1 on my PC, since the previous install was all crooked and had problems with viruses.
Now, I would like to keep Win7 just as a temporary tool, since all I want to get is the Win10 Upgrade tool and get the new release.
Since I don't want to install all 230+ Updates before getting the Upgrader (GWX), I'd like to ask which updates I mandatorily have to install in order to get the Upgrader. Microsoft's page regarding the update (KB3035583) does not tell me that I need some updates beforehand.

Any Ideas?

A:Which updates to install on fresh Win7 to get Win10 Upgrade tool?

You still need at least all the Security updates
See this thread for the listing of ones related to the Win 10 upgrade offer
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ows-7-8-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374642-updates-install-fresh-win7-get-win10-upgrade-tool.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have repeatedly encountered Win10 Envy 860-1... to 10240 14393 Win10 Failed Upgrade From on a failures in trying to upgrade Win from version to the current version I used Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... the Windows Upgrade exe program - failed I used the MediaCreationTool to download the iso and create a bootable DVD for upgrade - failed Created virtual drive for the iso to upgrade - failed The normal Windows Update function appears to work properly - I get windows and other updates on the usual time basis The relevant files for diagnosing what went wrong seem to be A The WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setupact logB The WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setuperr logC There are also small files with these same names in the WINDOWS WS Sources Panther folder i e another setupact log and setuperr log Here is the file WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setupact log - - Info SP CSetupPlatform Initialize Setup log starts - - Info SP Host system information VM NOFirmware type UEFIManufacturer HPModel - stBIOS name A BIOS version A BIOS release date Total memory Number of physical CPUs Number of logical CPUs Processor manufacturer GenuineIntelProcessor name Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHzProcessor caption Intel Family Model Stepping Processor architecture x Processor Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... clock - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Basic - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources reagent admx - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Basic incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint Servicing x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Servicing - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources compatprovider dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Servicing incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint ICB x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint ICB - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources cmi migxml dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint ICB incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint Migration x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Migration - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources cmi migxml dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Migration incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info Initializing diagnostics helper data file NULL - - Info No existing diagnostics data - - Info Key CollectTrace is not available - - Warning SP CSetupPlatform Initialize Failed to initialize tracing - - Info There is already a running setup user mode etw session - - Info VDS available - - Info Key CollectTrace is not available - - Info SP Attempting to resurrect a new system from C Windows BT Sources - - Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL tring enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBC... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Upgrade-From-Win10-10240-to-Win10-14393-Failed-on-Envy-860/td-p/5749396
Relevancy 58.91%

Is it possible to do a clean install of Windows 10 on alaptop which came with Windows 10 preinstalled, andno installation disk? If so, what is required? -- Jeff, in Minneapolis

A:Clean install Win10 on HP laptop preinstalled with Win10

If the partitions have not been changed, the Recovery partition should still exist. How to get to that would depend on the Make/Model of the system.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/clean-install-win10-on-hp-laptop-preinstalled-with-win10/821.html
Relevancy 58.48%

So guys i have an issue installing any OS because my BIOS is screwed up, i belive, (http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/855499-my-computer-will-not-install.html) and i need to know how to upgrade/reinstall my BIOS without having an operating system installed. CAn anyone help me out?

READ: Someone reccomended www.UltimateBootCD.com and just reccomended the site, i dont know what to do with it though =/.​

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, in IE11 I am trying to enable enterprise mode by clicking on it under the Tools menu however, when I click on it nothing happens. It doesn't place a checkmark next to it nor does it display the icon in the URL bar like it should. Any ideas on how to
get this to work?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2e40c831-7e4a-4f43-9e2e-b63fc551b13a/ie11-enterprise-mode-win10-wont-enable?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I received the free win 10 upgrade from an invitation to reserve the upgrade. The other day, a Ransomware hit me, and though I believe I may have immediately tracked & deleted all affected files I could find, I hardly believe I could be so skilled as to be successful.

I had this happen last year, and ended up formatting the unit, and reloading Win 7. I don't want to have to go back to 7, but how do I get another Win 10? Is there a key I need to find & save? A free site that I can get a copy on a flash drive to load from? Any help would be appreciated. I have no clue how to proceed since it's an online download, and once formatted, the unit won't be able to get online without the OS

Thanks

A:I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again?

you can download the newest build of windows 10 > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

boot from the setup media - remove every partition (wipe) the HDD

and clean install widows 10

since you already had win7 and windows 10 on that PC - if asked for product key - just skip that screen

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32366-i-have-win10-upgrade-must-reformat-pc-how-do-i-get-win10-again.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an XPS420 running WIN10.  Original bios is x07 2009.  there is a 2011 version on Dell.  Why update?  NVidia GTS 450 has kernel failure/restored.  Dell tech system check program, says all parts working well-no failures.  I updated the chipset and all other software drivers say most current.  So how do I get latest old driver install?
File Name: XPS420-A07.EXE
Importance: Recommended

Description: Non-Packaged (683 KB)
Release Date: 12 May 2009

Version: A07 ,A07
Last Updated: 03 Nov 2011

A:Bios upgrade fails to install: what to do next?

The nine year old XPS 420 was never validated for Windows 10.
All of the drivers we wrote were for XP and Vista. You can attempt to install the bios from a bootable DOS diskette.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19807093
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello

I have recently upgraded to Win10. My computer has a 120gb SSD & 1tb HDD.

When I tried to enable system restore, the SSD is greyed out (c but the HDD is not (d

Any idea how to enable this?

I see some post suggesting gpedit.msc, but that not an option in the home version that I can see.

Thanks

A:How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out)

This should tell you System Protection - Turn On or Off for Drives in Windows 10

Then this should tell you how to create a restore point System Restore Point - Create in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/54850-how-do-i-enable-system-restore-win10-home-ssd-greyed-out.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I can see right now I'm going to need some help I was researching for about hmmm years to get sound on a HP Pavilion DV bit Intermittently researching - it sat on the shelf for most of that time I reinstalled everything worked great except no sound I did some fiddling and have a few issues I'd like to clean up with another clean reinstall I found Keri's post for the quot audit quot install BIOS Still SOUND want clean after install maybe and upgrade having NO and now yours which is more tailored to what I think this laptop might require I am certain that the BIOS hasn't been touched as I am the only one to upgrade it from Win what Yup it has been a dandy piece of equipment and one of the best for it's day but that seems to have passed Lately I have just been using it as a spare but it does belong to my son and it is time to return it to him preferably in working order And preferably with sound I also see that Kari has some matters I'd rather not impose on right now Maybe when he is up and at'em again I will do another search for the BIOS upgrade first Then the importance of the UFEI or which order Also is AMD Turion with ATi which took the Xpress I can use Still having NO SOUND after upgrade and want clean install maybe BIOS the Hwinfo or Cpuid for system report should you be interested in helping me resolve these issues I was online with MS today and just can't see sending them quot the low price of quot when I've already purchased dysfunctional quot family pack for installations of Windows Home Premium quot with issues that go back to I know this is lots of info but wanted you to know before you said yes or no Have you ever noticed that when someone doesn't want to say quot yes quot they say quot no quot Thanks for all your great knowledge and the time you take to put it out here My concern is for myself yes but also what about all the people who have sight issues and need sound more than me I just can't help but to think there is a registry setting or something to get sound after upgrade to And all the smart-pant answers to the quot forced to drop XP quot blah blah - I couldn't buy into that mess if I had to Thanks again and my best to the rapid recovery of your comrade Kari I was registered with other profile but closed it due to compromise Thanks Vivi

A:Still having NO SOUND after upgrade and want clean install maybe BIOS

Are you sure you enabled Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) and then Checked for Windows Updates, installed all Important and Optional Updates (except Bing), with requested reboots, then went back and checked for more Updates until no more were offered? If so, are any drivers still missing (signified by a ! mark) in Device Manager? You may need the Sound driver from the HP website Support Downloads for your PC.

If that's done then type Troubleshoot in Start Search box and run the Audio Playback troubleshooter, report back what it says.

I doubt if such an old HP has a UEFI BIOS so you'd want to follow these steps for doing a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Use the Family Pack Home Premium Upgrade key and just make sure it is only installed on 3 maximum PC's. If it won't activate online after reinstall then use phone activation and answer with a number less than 4 when it asks how many PC's the key is installed upon.

To get the install cleanest be sure during the actual install steps to use the latest official installation media provided in tutorial, and delete all partitions during the booted install using the Drive Options pictured in Steps 7 and 8 of Clean Install Windows 7. Create new partition(s) as you wish or the installer will create your WIn7 partition for you if you click Next.

Feel free to ask back any questions so you get everything cleared up ahead of time and can get a perfect install, which you will if you stick with the steps, tools and methods in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/337309-still-having-no-sound-after-upgrade-want-clean-install-maybe-bios.html
Relevancy 57.19%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19988802
Relevancy 57.19%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

A:got the windows 10 free upgrade and used the dell diagnostics tool to upgrade driver and bios everything worked fine until the update of the bios!!!!

I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.

Dell just saying it's a "possibility" the motherboard might need to be replace. No one can tell you that motherboard is definite "Fried" without first looking at the system.
What is the system model number and version of windows before upgrading to windows 10? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10
You're able to boot into BIOS(F2 key) and diagnostic (F12 key) ?
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key ( BIOS) or F12 key( BIOS) continuously

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988802
Relevancy 54.18%

I am not sure if I have win 8.1 pro or win 8.1Says 8.1 pro in mscinfo but doesnt allow me to install win 8.1 pro features. Anyway that is not the issue I am writing about. Issue is , I had my laptop crashed 1 month after I installed Win 10. it required HD replacement by HP, at which stage I was told not to ugrade to win 10 as my laptop will not handle it. My Question is:free upgrade to wn 10 ends soon.what happens when my OS will no longer be supported by MSWhat is actually the problem that causes HP notebooks to crash? Is there a feature in win 10 that can be turned off to avoid causing the crash?Atleast we can keep up with the updates!! Need some help to understand what the actual issue is and if there has been some workaround found by now.SD

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Win10-upgrade-deadline-arrived-cannot-upgrade-what-next/td-p/5688369
Relevancy 52.03%

I have had my BIOS locked with a password ever since I started testing Windows 10 Builds.
I have not had to enter the password and have updated to the latest CB build. How does MS do this?
or if it can do this How?
I run a ASUS P9X79 LE motherboard.

A:Where in the BIOS does MS store the Win10 key

This is not new. Bios embedded keys were introduced in Window 8. They are hard coded into the bios (like a permanent ROM) and even a bios firmware update would not affect it.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/53735-where-bios-does-ms-store-win10-key.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello guys I need help for my new build from a fresh install of windows i try to install the drver for my IGPU Intel HD each time i do that i get a BSOD with this message VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd sys Or sometimes it's SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDELED igdkmd sys i've tried drivers from motherboard manufacturer CD website and intel and some autodetect driver software i always get Unable of driver install to Intel WIN10 HD fresh on install a graphics the same behavior the screen start blinking several time black screen before showing the BSOD then reboot and repeat it self even the driver downloaded by windows update have Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 the same impact i've managed to install it in safe mode but when i Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 restart in normal mode i get the same behavior i've tried different monitors VGA and HDMI tried with UEFI on off gt same result i've tweaked onece the tdr delay to second but didnt work i really need some help here i'm desperate CPU Intel I - KMotherboard ASUS Z PRO GAMING RAM HyperX FURY HX C FBK - Go Kit x Go MHz DDR Non-ECC CL DIMM SSD Samsung EVO MZ- E B EU GB with PLUS W power supply OS WINDOWS FRENCH HOME X -

A:Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10

The most likely suspect is a bad video chip.

Now it could be a power related problem too, or heat, but if you have used good parts and a cool case and have tried multiple versions of the driver then it starts looking like hardware failure is likely.

Who makes your 550W power supply?

Double check all of your connections.
And you could go into the UEFI/BIOS and reset all defaults - don't do any tweaking until this problem is resolved.
Is that board running the most recent version of the BIOS?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38448-unable-install-intel-hd-graphics-driver-fresh-install-win10.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a G770 Core i5 machine build 7/2011.  Current BIOS is 3.06 and I recently changed from Win7 to Win10 OS.  After getting a Solution Center update to work in Win10, I found that my system is not supported for Win10 (but works fair -freezes intermittently but seems to recover) and also that there was a Win 7 BIOS update (version 11) with release date of 5/20/12. Given my update to Win10 are there any known problems with updating the BIOS?  Is it wise to flash the new BIOS or leave good enough alone? ThanksDana 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G770-BIOS-Update-in-Win10/td-p/3381155
Relevancy 51.17%

When Win10 was released, I was offline.
Now I can't upgrade! I've reserved an upgrade, but it won't ask me to upgrade!

A:Can't upgrade to Win10

Welcome to the forum,

It hasn't asked me yet either, but that doesn't mean you can't upgrade.

You can do it manually, starting at step three here,

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377550-cant-upgrade-win10.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My wife's computer could not upgrade to win 10 cause it had an old video card. I upgrade motherboard and video card. Win 7 is registered, but can not upgrade. The free upgrade tool still shows the other video card. Tried the media creation tool and still goes back to the upgrade box with the old card. Is there anyway to erase that upgrade box and redue it?

A:Help with win10 upgrade

Check for any left over files or drivers from your old video card. Windows is still finding it somewhere. Check your device manager 1st just to see if its listing 2 video cards, then check your program folders for any left overs. Also just for backup reasons, download a program on this forum called Showkey which will give you the information on your currant Windows Key, incase you need it to upgrade to Windows 10.
Showkey

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/35032-help-win10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 on the hp 110-414 have you got any problems or bugs with it and is it running well on it and do you think I should upgrade

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Hp 110-414 Win10 Upgrade

Because you may find that you need to install the Windows 10 driver for it after upgrading. With most notebooks there are two or three different adapters that could be installed. It helps to what is installed in yours.  Use the search functiion in the forum and search for windows 10 wifi driver. You will notice that many members did not take the time to either locate the driver or know what is installed. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Hp-110-414-Win10-Upgrade/td-p/5579588
Relevancy 51.17%

When I upgrade my 32 bit win 7 computer to win 10 can I choose to upgrade to 64 bit win 10?

A:Upgrade from 32 bit win 7 to 64 bit win10

You cannot do an in place upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit. Going from 32-bit to 64-bit requires a clean install.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56098-upgrade-32-bit-win-7-64-bit-win10.html
Relevancy 51.17%

At the moment there is a promotion up to 29 July to upgrade to win10 from win7 home premium 64bit ok
So I downloaded the Microsoft upgrade assistant to win 10 and all ok. But it get stuck at 99% and stop there ok
Then the worst is it is a hell of a job to get win7 back cause it comes up with a black screen ok
Contacted Microsoft and told me to contact you to help me solve this issue
Already contacted you through twitter few days ago but no reply
Thanks if you try to solve this problem before expires tnx
mind you get stuck 99% during installing ok
contacted Microsoft and told me to get in touch with you maybe you already came through such a problem
please thanks for trying to solve before promotion expires
regards
John Mifsud
product serial # [personal information removed]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-to-win10/td-p/5690815
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an older laptop (probably 6-7 years old, Dell Inspiron running Windows 7) and its been running fairly slow lately. I saw a notice that today is the last day to upgrade to Win10 for free. Just looking for some good advice on whether or not I should even consider upgrading.

My first thought is that, with an older machine, I probably have a lot of junk on my hard drive causing the slowness so I need to clean it up (which means I'll miss the "today is the last day" bit...but do I really care?). I also think maybe my processor won't be able to handle the new version, but not sure if that's really a concern or not.

Can I ask for some advice? Thanks

A:Should I upgrade to Win10?

I saw a notice that today is the last day to upgrade to Win10 for free.Click to expand...

it not - July 2016 is
whats the exact model and also the service tag number
make sure there are windows 10 drivers available for the PC

you could always make a recovery set of DVDs (if you havent already , and i would advise you make them anyway) and do a windows 7 clean install

you may have a lot of startups or even malware on the PC slowing it down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-upgrade-to-win10.1163500/
Relevancy 51.17%

my pc is   HP TouchSmart tm2-2150ca Notebook PC       with win7.   tried to upgrade to win 10  but failed.   ideas?   Thanks!

A:win10 upgrade

Hi, Do you know what is the error message ? No error message we or Microsoft won't be able to help. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/win10-upgrade/td-p/5610594
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Folks,

I just found this on my Laptop.

Windows 10 Specifications.pdf

A:Win10 upgrade is not possible.

Hi,
Not sure why you wouldn't just use this to fill in your system spec's page instead of posting a pdf :/
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/375534-win10-upgrade-not-possible.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been having so many problems with the Windows 10 installation I'm thinking about going back to Win7 until MS works out all the bugs in Win10.

My PC came with 8.1 and updated to Win 10. Win10 was fine until the last major update when everything went h--- in a hand-basket. Update reset everything to defaults, installed apps I'd uninstalled.

Question: Can I remove the HD with win10 and put it on the shelf until MS gets it running. I want to install a bare HD and install a valid genuine Windows 7 OS on the bare drive. Is there anything I need to know before I give this a try? I know I'll have to reinstall all programs and all missing win7 updates...

Will I be able to install the Win 10 HD at a later date, install updates and be back up and running under Window 10 user accounts?

A:Install Win7 to replace OEM win8.1 w/Win10 install

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Since you're talking about a separate win-7 installation on the machine your plan is sound and exactly how you should do it

You might in your bios have to disable fast start and possibly secure boot but otherwise you shouldn't have any problems installing win-7 fresh
You might have to gather drivers if this is a laptop but a desktop would have no issues windows updates will provide most
If you review device manager and see if any unknown device listings are there just post about them same goes for installation of win-7 issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/388231-install-win7-replace-oem-win8-1-w-win10-install.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello ,I have downloaded Android Studio and the emulator doesnt run due to Intel Vt-x hardware accelerator  is disabled from BIOS. I also have downloaded the "Intel processor identifications Utility"and checked that processor supports Hardware acceleration . But when I am going into BIOS I am getting Vt-x hardware Acceleration is unchecked and not editable (not allow me to check it) . Also I am not finding Hyper-v from controlpanel->programme & feature. How do I enable Vt-x ?  Regards,Debabrata Note:My processor is : Intel Core i5

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Cant-Enable-VT-x-from-Bios/td-p/5766048
Relevancy 51.17%

I need to enable PnP on a friends computer but am unable to make any changes in the bios. I can get into them just can't make changes. They are protected by a supervisor password. Anyway to get around this?
It was given to him by another friend that picked it up at a garage sale.
Asus sp97-v MB

Relevancy 50.74%

Well this is something new nbsp Curious if I'm alone here or if others are having the same experience nbsp I'm actually suspicious of the BIOS upgrade for the P as being responsible but don't know that for sure nbsp I have a dual-boot P with Win Pro being my default primary environment nbsp I also have Win installed and last week I applied the upgrade nbsp No problems nbsp I also have Macrium Reflect installed and have added its recovery boot mode BIOS does Boot Win10 P70, 2.07 no... ENTER 1607, - -> nbsp to the Windows Boot P70, Win10 1607, BIOS 2.07 - Boot -> ENTER does no... Manager menu nbsp The Win upgrade assistant also added its P70, Win10 1607, BIOS 2.07 - Boot -> ENTER does no... own additional item to the Boot Manager menu with ambiguous text named Windows Setup although this is actually Windows Recovery enabling you to revert back to a restore point or system image which was taken just prior to the upgrade nbsp So prior to upgrading Win to my Boot Menu only had THREE items on it with no Windows Setup item nbsp But now it has FOUR items on it nbsp So in fact my Boot Menu now has FOUR items on it with Win being my -second default pre-selected item nbsp I used EasyBCD to rearrange the four items to my liking with the Windows Recovery item at the very bottom to reduce the possiblity that I might actually mistakenly arrow-navigate to the Windows Setup item and thus accidently revert Win back to my pre- state which I don't want to do at the moment nbsp I may soon actually delete that Windows Setup item completely as I will almost certainly never go back from nbsp Anyway here's what my -item Boot Menu looks like if I boot my P and don't interrupt the Lenovo boot menu process with F F ENTER or ESC I apologize for the crummy photo but the selected second line of the menu is Win Pro nbsp P Boot Manager menu Now at machine boot time the red rectangular Lenovo logo appears offering me the option of to interrupt normal startup press ENTER again I apologize for the crummy photo nbsp P machine boot screen Now up until last week's Win upgrade to and the unexpected introduction of the fourth Windows Setup item to the Windows Boot Manager menu at this point I could simply press ENTER and would then be immediately presented with the intermediate Lenovo sub-menu where I could then press ESC to abort the interruption and revert to normal boot process or press F to enter SETUP to talk to the BIOS nbsp There were other choices as well but I can't remember what they all are now nbsp Or at the to interrupt normal startup press ENTER Lenovo logo prompt I could also press ESC to product the machine boot diagnostic screen or I could also press F to present the boot device menu nbsp But for sure pressing ENTER would produce the Lenovo sub-menu offering F to enter Setup nbsp And that's how I used to get into the BIOS Setup utility was by first pressing ENTER and then pressing F nbsp Well it doesn't work that way any longer nbsp Now when I press ENTER I do NOT get the Lenovo sub-menu but instead I get a replacement message with the red rectangle Lenovo logo still on the screen that now says Launching the startup interrupt menu which I'm guessing was supposed to be the sub-menu I used to see with ESC F and a few others etc being listed after which I would press F to enter Setup nbsp After pressing ENTER This remains on the screen for - seconds but instead of next presenting what I'd guess should be the Startup Interrupt Menu i e what I've been calling the Lenovo sub-menu with ESC F etc listed I am now presented with the regular Windows Boot Manager menu with the four items on it as shown earlier nbsp In other words it is no longer possible for me to get into the BIOS Setup utility any longer using ENTER - gt F as always used to work because the Startup Interrupt Menu is actually no longer presented nbsp NOTE If instead of pressing ENTER at the to interrupt press ENTER message I instead press F I am now presented with a message that says E... Read more

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-Win10-1607-BIOS-2-07-Boot-gt-ENTER-does-not-go-to-SETUP/td-p/3397555
Relevancy 50.31%

I know someone with a Vista (Business) PC and he received a free upgrade notice to Win10. Is this correct and if so does it just mean that the OS will be installed without saving apps and files?

A:Free Win10 upgrade

I know someone with a Vista (Business) PC and he received a free upgrade notice to Win10. Is this correct and if so does it just mean that the OS will be installed without saving apps and files?Click to expand...

The free upgrade applies to qualified computers that are running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1.

It does NOT apply to computers that are running Windows Vista.

-----------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-win10-upgrade.1152502/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi everyone!
i am runing a toshiba satelite using windows 7. the laptop originally came with windows 8, i couldnt bear the change so i switched back to 7 and today i want to get a legit copy of windows 10 -- that will last for over 1 year -- installed after reinstalling windows 8 (my win 7 isn't licensed). after running "ProduKey" i found a "windows BIOS OEM key" that apparently belongs to the OEM win 8.

can i install 8.1 with my win 8 OEM product key?
can i upgrade directly from windows 8 to 10 or do i need to update from 8 to 8.1 and from there upgrade to 10?
can i use the retail win 8 istallation files with an OEM product key or do i need the toshiba OEM installation files?
thank you very much for any help!
Udi Perets

A:in need of help with OEM win 8 istall and upgrade to win10

No need to install windows 8 - just install windows 8.1 via ISO and then upgrade to windows 10 via ISO
windows 10 just needs to see the activation of windows 7 or windows 8.1 to activate itself..

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69802-need-help-oem-win-8-istall-upgrade-win10.html
Relevancy 50.31%

The WIN10 free upgrade deadline is here, and I cannot seem to upgrade my Split X2 easily... at least by using SETUP.  Is there a known way to do so?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-would-like-to-upgrade-my-HP-Split-X2-to-win10-but-cannot/td-p/5703508
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello i have a L50-B-1P1 laptop and i`m experiencing a few problems after windows 10 upgrade
1 R7 video driver missing so no catalyst present therefore i have low frames and frezess in games
2 Microphone producing garbeld voice when recording

I know that the series is discontinued but there should be some kind of fix for the problems i`m experiencing atm.

I don`t want to downgrade to wind 8.1/7

A:Sattelite L50-B-1P1 after win10 upgrade

What are your exact spec, Processor, RAM and OS type 32 bit / 64 bit

Depending on what it is you may be able to use the new AMD Crimson drivers instead. I have a L50D-C-13G and I abandoned the catalyst drivers for Crimson drivers and my machine is running great. I have an A10-8700P Carrizo R6 with windows 8.1 and it works great for me. The driver lists compatible hardware, read through it and see if your machine is supported.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...tion_16.2.aspx

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90722-Sattelite-L50-B-1P1-after-win10-upgrade
Relevancy 50.31%

After installing the Win10 Home Premium Upgrade to my HP G60-549DX Notebook, It tells me it did not activate and I get error code 0x803F7001. Can/Will someone tell me what do do PLEASE. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Win10-Upgrade-not-activating/td-p/5705607
Relevancy 50.31%

Been a long time 5+ years since I reloaded windows. Is it better to reload it and go to Win10 or
Just go to Win 10 and hope for the best.... Only problem is the browsers are running a little slow
and have to be restarted

Gary

A:Win 7 from scratch before Win10 upgrade?

Going straight to Windows 7 and using Windows 7 key to activate it is generally more reliable than upgrading.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/45754-win-7-scratch-before-win10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all, i have a Precision M4700 with windows 7 SP1 OEM, i'm confused, can i install windows 10 pro for free or do i have to purchase an upgrade license (if i do it now, before the 29th July) ?
Consider i work in an Enterprise environment but the license applied to my PC is the OEM, not the one under Corporate agreement.
Thanks for a clarification/confirmation.

A:Win7PRO OEM upgrade to Win10

HIRYU79,
Yes, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. You will also need to update the drivers to Windows 10 as well. Click the link below to download the drivers for your M4700.
Dell Precision M4700 Drivers and Downloads

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19985747
Relevancy 50.31%

You have Win10 Upgrade questions?  THIS has Win10 Upgrade answers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583598/win10-upgrade-answers/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
I am having issues with USB devices dropping since I upgraded to windows 10. I have tried updating device and use drivers, reinstalling devices and changing power settings for devices. This is a pain as I need to regularly make skype business calls and can't now via headset. Any help greatly appreciated.
Later
Anthony

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/usb-dropping-win10-upgrade-4598526/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all trying to upgrade my desktop self-built from Win to Win but it keeps getting stuck at configuring settings Since at that point there is no task manager or anything and my system has Win10 at upgrade keeps stuck 86% getting no hdd activity light it's hard to tell if anything is still happening The system has an ssd so should not be slow I've updated several laptops also crappy Win10 upgrade keeps getting stuck at 86% ones with slow hdd and it worked for all of them never taking longer than couple of hours Now the upgrade on my desktop has been running for hrs mostly stuck at that point I tried to upgrade it once already last fall and then I did not have this issue But system was very unstable and hence unusable with win and hence reverted back to So what are my options to troubleshoot I only have keyboard and mouse attached both USB and no other USB devices There are lots of applications installed and configured dev environment for my personal projects so I would really really like to avoid a clean install If it matters it it win professional and there is enough free space on c drive Should I unplug mouse and keyboard or even display dvi-d

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57202-win10-upgrade-keeps-getting-stuck-86-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

l had an issue with windows update which required me resetting components.. afterwards l made sure to check for the updates l dont want, not one of the get windows 10 ones was present (granted l didnt look at each support article as l was behind by a few on the laptop which l havent started in a little).

however l do have a list of the updates l dont want to install.. yet the win 10 upgrade is back l removed the program dir manually because l couldnt find an associated update.

just wondered if anyone knew if there was a newly labelled one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396053-there-new-win10-upgrade-update.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My current computer has a retail copy of Win8. I'm building a new PC this weekend and I want to utilize the free upgrade to Win10 from my current retail version of 8, but I understand the free upgrade is tied to hardware.

Would my best option be to migrate Win8 to the new PC and upgrade from there? Alternatively, would I be better to just upgrade to 10 now and then migrate to the new PC afterwards? I imagine I can just discover the product key using something like Belarc Advisor, but then I don't know if the key will be accepted for activation on the new hardware... Thoughts?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/win10-upgrade-and-migration-to-new-pc-1082401.html
Relevancy 50.31%

who and why is anyone going for the free Win10 upgrade ? I do online stuff and gaming.... I do not have a tablet.... at current our computer run Win 8.1. I signed up a while back for the free Win10 upgrade.... is there a thread for this discussion already?

A:who and why is anyone going for the free Win10 upgrade ?

Lots of Windows 10 news here ... Windows 10 News - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68757-who-why-anyone-going-free-win10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.31%

How long generally does it take to upgrade to Win10 from Win7. Does it depend on HD & Processor?
I have an SSD and AMD Triple core 3.10GHz.
Win7 is pretty new clean install about 1&1/2 weeks old.

A:Time: Upgrade to Win10

Roughly 1 hour maybe 1.5.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/40961-time-upgrade-win10.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everyone, this is my first visit and post and I hope you can assist
where others have failed. I have tried to install Win 10
on two machines and neither of them would work, both telling me that the CPU was not
good enough or words to that effect.

PC1 has Intel Pent G3220 3.00 GHz Haswell chip.

PC2 has Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz.

Both of these are way over the required
minimum spec so I cannot understand why Win10 will not install.

A:Unable to upgrade to Win10 or even try it out.

Welcome to the forum. Its likely either your cpu cant handle PAE, NX and SSE2 or its not set in the bios

To test for PAE, NX, and SSE2, download a program called "CPU-Z" and run it. On the main window, look under the "Instructions" heading for SSE2, EM64T (which also indicates the processor supports PAE) and either VT-d or VT-x, which is required for NX support. If you have all 3, then you are good to go.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127011-unable-upgrade-win10-even-try-out.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have now decided to bite the bullet and go for the Win10 upgrade. Before I do I would like to know more about the procedure, Can anyone direct me to a good source of information on the subject.

A:Info on Win10 upgrade with ISO.

What version of windows are you currently running

Make a back up of all your data

Download the ISO file and upgrade from this site
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/info-on-win10-upgrade-with-iso.1166347/
Relevancy 50.31%

My apologies if this has been dealt with enable BIOS USB won't Award in before I ve spent days trying to get a Belkin F U USB Port USB card to work in conjunction with Windows se Processor Model AMD-K tm D processor Speed MHz Performance Rating PR estimated Type Standard Mainboard Bus es ISA AGP PCI USB i c SMBus MP Support No MP APIC No System BIOS Award Software International Inc PG System System Manufacturer Product Name Mainboard First International Computer Inc VA- Chipset Model VIA Technologies Inc VT C AT MVP Apollo USB won't enable in Award BIOS VP MVP System Controller L External Cache kB Pipeline-Burst Write-Thru Front Side Bus Speed x MHz MHz data rate Total Memory MB SDRAM Memory USB won't enable in Award BIOS Bus Speed x MHz MHz data rate Windows froze on the first attempt to install After a lot of online research I found that this was a clock mismatch problem and I got it to install USB won't enable in Award BIOS after downloading a fix which was supposed to be unnecessary with se I took every reference I could find to USB out of Device Manager took the card out manually restarted shut down put the card back in started up and it installed normally The USB OPTi C PCI to USB Open Host Controller and USB Root Hub are now showing normal in Universal Serial Bus Controllers in the Device Manager No yellow exclamation marks are anywhere in the Device Manager The Award Bios shows USB Controller Disabled in Integrated Peripherals and there is no other option - I expected to be able to toggle between enabled and disabled but it won t Also disabled are various IDE options and one HDD just above the reference to the USB I tried to get a BIOS update from Award and after initially telling me we have just the thing for you boy are you going to be a happy bunny or something very similar they wrote and said we ve taken the money from your credit card but you already have the latest BIOS - or something even more similar Belkin refer me to everybody else except them Should I quit now while I m ahead The floppy disk drive is still working after all nbsp

A:USB won't enable in Award BIOS

Normally, your USB BIOS would only be required to allow BOOTing a USB HD.

Your Belkin USB is not accessed at BOOT time, so stop fussing with BIOS.

If you have modem-->router setup, then the drivers are not required at all!

Use the Modem->Router using Ethernet cable and from the router->pcs as well.

Otherwise, modem-->pc(USB connected) requires a driver.

Does this clarify/help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wont-enable-in-award-bios.70619/
Relevancy 50.31%

I want to run a Virtual PC in VirtualBox and get the message, that I need to enable VT-x. I have updated to the newest bios (1.31) but i still don't have the option to enable "Intel Virtualization Technology" under the Config --> CPU menu. What am I doing wrong?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Enable VT-x in bios on T420s

Look in the Security -> Virtualization menu.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Enable-VT-x-in-bios-on-T420s/td-p/642461
Relevancy 50.31%

where in the BIOS do I enable bluetooth? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and still no luck.

Relevancy 50.31%

I use Lenovo Ideapad Z470
Can you guys show me the way to enable wireless at BIOS?

A:How can I enable wireless at BIOS

Ngoctraiden9x, welcome to the windows 7 forum.

The bios is where the hardware is turned on/off/configured in most cases. For your computer to use the wireless, you have to have the hardware drivers installed and the software to control the wireless adapter.

Normally, when you turn your machine on the bios recognizes your hardware devices and then as your Operating system loads, it load all the drivers for your devices and at that time your wireless would become active.

Is this what you meant when you said enable wireless at bios?

Some bios screens will allow you to turn on and off devices. If this is what you mean, then by entering bios, go thru the screens and look for the wireless. Some machines have a physical wireless switch or a function key toggle.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/280649-how-can-i-enable-wireless-bios.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My company wants me to encrypt the hard drives on all desktop computers. All are running Windows 7 Ent (x32).When I try to enable Bitlocker to encrypt the drive it says I don't have aTPM 1.2 module. My company is located in Ukraine that`s why tpm module is allowed.When I reset security settings in bios, I have a question about reset tpm module(Press F1 if you want to reset tpm)There is no "tpm" word at all in bios(not in security, not in show settings)I already had updated bios to version: F.60 Rev.A 30 ??? 2015Do you have bios with enabled tpm for  HP ProBook 6550b Notebook PC?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-6550b-tpm-enable-bios/td-p/5794243
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I've bought a Toshiba Qosmio G50-12F 3 or 4 years ago. This computer has an Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 and is compatible with virtualization. I want enable it, but is there any option to do this in my BIOS (it up to date).

Can you help me please ?

Cordially,
Groberto.

+Please note : Sorry if my English is bad : I'm french.+

A:Qosmio G50-12F - How to enable VTx in BIOS

Hi

>This computer has an Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 and is compatible with virtualization
This does not seem to be correct...

From my knowledge if the CPU would support the Intel VT, then this would be enabled by default.
But your CPU Intel? Core2 Duo Processor P7450 does not support the Intel VT-x and this is mentioned on Intel page:
http://ark.intel.com/products/36734/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-P7450

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68207-Qosmio-G50-12F-How-to-enable-VTx-in-BIOS
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, Can someone tell me how do i enable virtualization in bios on my Phoenix 860-000. When i access the bios configuration there is no option to set the state of Intel VT Tecnology.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How do you enable Virtualization in Bios

Hi, Looking at the bios simulator for your PC, the option should be located under the Security tab.....System Security. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-you-enable-Virtualization-in-Bios/td-p/5585869
Relevancy 50.31%

When I try to download Android Studios this pops up:

So when I went to the BIOS to enable it, there was no setting there for it. I am running Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 5755G - 6823 with an Intel i5 - 2430M @2.4GHz. I even downloaded the Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility app and it says that it's supported on my device. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

A:Can't find where to enable VT-x in BIOS

It's possible it has some other name on your BIOS, like "Virtualization Technology" or "Intel Virtualization Feature". It's usually under the CPU or maybe even Motherboard settings.

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/36281-cant-find-where-enable-vt-x-bios.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently purchased an asus f5gl laptop running vista OS and just now have needed to use bluetooth, but have found out that it has been disabled in system information. i would like to know how to enable bluetooth in BIOS or where ever i can?
does anybody have any ideas, any help is greatly appreciated.

A:how to enable bluetooth in BIOS

please do not start new posts for the same problem
continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/867869-cant-get-bluetooth-work-vista.html
this thread now closed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-enable-bluetooth-in-bios.868462/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am currently running bios ver. 1,22 from 8/2010  on Win10 32 bit.    Is there a newer version I shoud run?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Update-bios-for-x201-laptop-running-Win10/td-p/3443124
Relevancy 50.31%

After a frustrating encounter with Lenovo tech support (during which I wanted to verify all parts needed to add a HDD to my y700-17isk which came only with 256G SDD), I have finally gotten all the parts in and installed them. However, neither Windows10 nor the Lenovo BIOS can find the new HDD. Has anyone else added a HDD to their y700-17isk successfully? Or did I buy a laptop that is incapable of taking this HDD?

A:y700-17isk - adding HDD - Win10/BIOS doesn't see n...

for the record, the HDD (which was indicated by Lenovo Tech) is:WD Blue WD10SPCX 1TB 5400 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Notebook Hard Drive and the cable (also identified by Lenovo Tech:5C10K25544 Physical install is a breeze.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/y700-17isk-adding-HDD-Win10-BIOS-doesn-t-see-new-HDD/td-p/3362865
Relevancy 50.31%

First off the part of my setup that the following pertains to Windows x NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter drivers are current march Mitsubishi MEUSPTV Monitor quot vis March Insignia NS-HTIB A Stereo Receiver Microsoft Win10 CEC. Blank screen was logon, Issue just before but after BIOS. Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support The monitor is a large screen TV that i connected to a multimedia receiver basically my home stereo that consolidates all my devices to one surround sound transmitter ex PS PC Cable Xbox original PS DVD via HDMI ports HDMI in HDMI out The devices go to the stereo's ins the stereo's out goes to the tv That setup worked somewhat The TV was never properly recognized by win Many things that appeared to be software buggery may not have been the Blank screen just before Win10 logon, but after BIOS. Issue was CEC. cause but a hardware change fixed everything It appears CEC or Controlled External Components was at fault I Blank screen just before Win10 logon, but after BIOS. Issue was CEC. unplugged the pc hdmi out from the receiver stereo receiver and plugged it directly into the tv Now the screen is recognized my desktop configuration doesn't vary between logons Unfortunately now the hdmi sound from the pc only goes to the tv speakers I have three different audio devices One on board one supplemented for home studio recording and the nvidia card So I just adjusted which device handled audio in my case a coaxial out of the pc to a coax in on the receiver An optical out would suffice for dts surround but you may have to resort to old school stereo mm or RCA Another option is depending on your monitor an audio out that would probably be coax Then plug everything into the tv and run the audio from the tv to the stereo receiver or go online shopping and get a digital sound card for less than bucks Side note Having the Microsoft driver installed almost guarantees safe mode availability If you can get to safe mode by tweaking your bios to logon procedure press f frantically hope for the interrupt Try disabling your display driver and install the MS and enable it if you can't get to your login there's nothing you can do I always keep it installed but disabled just in case Open control panel and install new hardware display adapter Microsoft basic display adapter If you have a second hard drive with an old operating system and know how to get to it maybe something could be done Hope this was thorough enough -Zyw Check out this site you won't regret it BELARC PRODUCTS BelManage BelSecure Data Analytics Security Advisor Belarc Advisor

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/43583-blank-screen-just-before-win10-logon-but-after-bios-issue-cec.html
Relevancy 50.31%

After upgrading to Windows 10 how do I know which drivers I need to update?  Although the Veriton M498G has a Dual Core Intel i5 CPU 3.2Ghz, the Intel Driver Update Utility doesn't find any drivers at all.The drivers listed for the Veriton M498G on the Acer support site only list drivers for Win7.  How do I know which drivers to update?  My BIOS is Acer P01-A3, 5/27/2010 How do I know if I need a BIOS update?  Will any driver and BIOS updates be compatible with Win10?

A:Update drivers & BIOS on Veriton M498G after Win10...

bios need to be updated to P01.A4:http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_P01.A4_A_A.zip?acerid=634235850029180643... drivers normally will be updated by windows update when you are connected to a network connection (ethernet cable or wifi). you can check if something is wrong, looking at Device manager for Yellow exclamation mark:windows logo key + xDevice manager

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Update-drivers-amp-BIOS-on-Veriton-M498G-after-Win10-Upgrade/td-p/404761/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.31%

After upgrading to Windows 10 how do I know which drivers I need to update?  Although the Veriton M498G has a Dual Core Intel i5 CPU 3.2Ghz, the Intel Driver Update Utility doesn't find any drivers at all.The drivers listed for the Veriton M498G on the Acer support site only list drivers for Win7.  How do I know which drivers to update?  My BIOS is Acer P01-A3, 5/27/2010 How do I know if I need a BIOS update?  Will any driver and BIOS updates be compatible with Win10?

A:Update drivers & BIOS on Veriton M498G after Win10...

bios need to be updated to P01.A4:http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_P01.A4_A_A.zip?acerid=634235850029180643... drivers normally will be updated by windows update when you are connected to a network connection (ethernet cable or wifi). you can check if something is wrong, looking at Device manager for Yellow exclamation mark:windows logo key + xDevice manager

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Update-drivers-amp-BIOS-on-Veriton-M498G-after-Win10-Upgrade/td-p/404761
Relevancy 49.88%

Dear all I'm gonna add a Samsung EVO and make a clean Windows install in this Envy Apparently this is my notebook nbsp http support hp com us-en product HP-ENVY- -n -Notebook-PC model nbsp First question is how do I get a list with my product specification Could not find on the site I can easily find them for my previos HP notebooks nbsp Second in which order should I install the drivers I downloaded from HP site Which of them need a reboot after install nbsp HP Notebook System BIOS Update Intel Processors sp exeHP Wireless Button Driver sp exeIntel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver sp exeIntel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework sp exeIntel High-Definition HD Graphics Driver sp exeIntel Management Engine Interface MEI sp exeIntel RealSense Depth Camera Manager DCM sp exeIntel Serial IO Driver sp exeIntel Software Guard Extensions Device SGX sp exeIntel Wireless LAN Drivers sp exeNVIDIA High-Definition win10 to install install, which Clean drivers HD Graphics Driver sp exeRealtek Card Reader Driver sp exeRealtek High-Definition-audio sp exeRealtek Local Area Network LAN Driver sp exeRealtek RTL BE-RTL EE bgn Wireless LAN Drivers sp exeSynaptics TouchPad Driver sp exeValidity Fingerprint Sensor Driver sp exe nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Clean-win10-install-which-drivers-to-install/td-p/5616242
Relevancy 49.88%

I upgraded to win10 from win7 and started having a problem so I reverted back to win7. The problems from the upgrade followed me back with the revert to win7. The problems have to do with files and folders. I cannot create a file (doc) and save it to my documents file folder. I get a message "you don't have permission to save to this location" contact administrator. Incidentally, I'm the only user of this computer and always have been. I also get a message when trying to open an existing file " document file is locked for editing by (me or unknown user)
I'm totally confused not knowing how to get by this "file locked for editing" and "administrator privilege" needed.
Please tell me how to get around this.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Hamp:

A:Windows 7 (reverted from upgrade to win10

Take Ownership of the save file location and of the file that is Locked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-reverted-from-upgrade-to-win10-1034001.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

My laptop was victim of a virus that destroyed some register files and even System Restore could not fix it. My only choice is to format the hdd and reset to the OS in the chip which is Win 8, but I had already upgraded to Win 10. How can I recover my Win 10 Key so I can reinstall and activate Win 10?

Thanks / Arturo

A:How to recover Win10 Key (free upgrade from 8.1) ?

There is no free key. If your computer came with Windows 8.x, the key is in the bios. If you wish to install from the iso, do the install without activation, then once you get into the GUI, then do the activation and it will go through.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62231-how-recover-win10-key-free-upgrade-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been hesitant to upgrade any of my PCs from 7 to 10, because it is not a clean install.
I want to be able to upgrade, but from a clean install, so that I have the ability to revert back to a windows 7 capture of my system if I find 10 to be unsavory.

Is there a way to register my hardware or obtain a windows 10 license key, via an upgrade without having to go through the process of having 10 installed on top of my 7 system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/win10-upgrade-license-before-upgrading-1108618.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Is it possible to upgrade a C875-15G to Win10? Currently it's not on the list of supported laptops on the Toshiba website, but Win10 compatibility check does not encounter any issues.
Did somebody tried to upgrade such a laptop already?

A:Is it possible to upgrade Satellite C875-15G to Win10?

I tried to upgrade in 2014 but that didnt work.

Some problems with the taskbar and cpu tied up continuously.

I had the same problems with a dell running on w7. Recently I upgraded the last one again and it runs well now.

So I am planning to upgrade the C875-15G again tot W10 again shortely.

Are there any reports from successful installation on the C875-15G?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89366-Is-it-possible-to-upgrade-Satellite-C875-15G-to-Win10
Relevancy 49.88%

The machine nbsp HP Compaq Elite SFF PC nbsp nbsp Serial number CZC BRProduct number XL AVIntel R Core TM i - CPU GHzWindows Professional -bit Service Pack nbsp Fully updated nbsp The problem nbsp I have the icon in the notification area urging me to upgrade to Win When I click it I get Processor not supported Win7 from Win10: supported" Trying upgrade to to not "CPU with no other details Thanks MS Trying to upgrade from Win7 to Win10: "CPU not supported" nbsp Theory There was a bug in the upgrade nootification nbsp According to nbsp http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -win upgrade cpu-not-supported fa d - nbsp The initial release of the Microsoft tool that checks system upgrade compatibility had some issues and was replaced on A fix was released that will show under optional updates that you need to download and install from Windows Update if not installed automatically nbsp Microsoft is currently moving the fix to recommended in WU nbsp This fix was kb I have checked and this fix is installed nbsp Theory Some CPU features required by Win are turned off in the BIOS nbsp According tohttp www techienews co uk fix-cpu-not-compatible-with-windows- -error nbsp you need to ensure that your CPU supports PAE NX and SSE instruction sets nbsp According to nbsp http www cpu-world com CPUs Core i Intel-Core i - CM html nbsp all of these CPU requirements are supported by the CPU nbsp So I ran CPU-Z and it shows that - SSE is supported- no mention of PAE or NX nbsp I have looked in the BIOS and can find no mention of any processor features I have upgraded the BIOS to the latest version nbsp J v nbsp I have also activated Intel Management Engine BIOS extension v and ME v nbsp These appear to permit the BIOS settings to be managed remotely but I have no idea how nbsp Despite several hours of Googling I can find no way to access or change the BIOS options for the CPU nbsp I am now totally stuck

A:Trying to upgrade from Win7 to Win10: "CPU not supported"

Hi: I have the 8200 Elite CMT (i7-2600, BIOS J01, v2.28) and had no issues upgrading to W10. I would suggest you upgrade from the link below and see if it bypasses the hardware check. You can try the upgrade now, or make an installation disk or flash drive via the media creation tool. The disk/flash drive does not check compatibility. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Trying-to-upgrade-from-Win7-to-Win10-quot-CPU-not-supported/td-p/5632325
Relevancy 49.88%

Like in the topic. Please help; after upgrading to Win 10 there is no keys-backlight after using the FN + Z combination. in bios (after upgrading) everything is fine; so when I turn backlight ON or OFF backlight runs out, but there is problem with Toshiba Funcktion Key driver I think.
I did the reinstalation of this driver, have others toshiba drivers for Win 10 installed (Eco, system driver etc.). Toshiba Funckction key runs for several seconds after system bots up, and is blocked (?) by something after jus several seconds. Weird and very annoying. The fun is that combination for screen brightness (FN + F6 or F7) and for volume up/down (FN + 3 / 4) runs perfectly vell. Backlight
I think the problem is connected with Toshiba Funcktion Key program.

Please help ! Portege is the top class of Toshiba laptops.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92519-Portege-Z30-A-189-No-key-backlight-after-upgrade-to-Win10
Relevancy 49.88%

Hallo all.

I have some problem with updating Windows7 Home Premium 64bit OEM to Win10.

The problem:
I Tray to upgrade and got some error code: C0000022, windows restarting in 88% and nothing. Then i tray to fix the problem with MicrosoftFixit50123. Restart pc and tray again and got the same error, after that I tray update troubleshooting with WUD.diagcab and got another error:0x80070057
I also tray sfc /scannow and also have corrupted file.
Can someone help me, I don`t know what to do...

A:Win7 to win10 upgrade error.

I putt also CBS and CheckSUR. Maybe someone can help...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378546-win7-win10-upgrade-error.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
I've a A70 ThinkCentre initialy with W7.
Since the update (almost compulsory) towards Windows 10, my explorer of files closes alone, approximately every 53 seconds... To describe a little more my "breakdown" after my tries of this evening: it is the process " explorer Windows " that is reset doubt approximately the 50 seconds.So closes the explorer, the configuration panel, etc. Everything closes at the same time.The desk becomes black some milliseconds then re-appears.It occurs permanently, even if the explorer is not opened, the desk resets...As if something made the " end of spot "...What's to be done?
Is the A70 compatible with W10?

Mod:   edited title to add system type and clarify problem

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:A70 - Win Explorer closes after Win10 upgrade from...

The A70 is not on the list of Lenovo Win 10 supported systems.    Your Intel processor is several generations before official Win 10 starts. 

There are ways to prevent Win 10 reminders and unwanted automatic downloads, Google for them.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/A70-Win-Explorer-closes-after-Win10-upgrade-from-Win7/td-p/3365543
Relevancy 49.88%

I bought this in Nov, 2012, Win7 SP1. I would like to update to Win10, but I'm not sure the Broadcom WLAN driver will work in Win10. The adapter version is 5.60.350.6 (3/22/2010), BCMWL664.SYS. I don't want to update only to find I have no internet or network access.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-I-upgrade-h8-1230-from-Win7-to-Win10/td-p/5596437
Relevancy 49.88%

I downloaded the upgrade by means of the "Windows10UpgraderApp", it completed the initial check and the whole download. At the second restart the installation got stuck at 32%. Switching off the pc, the previous release was automatically restored in few minutes.
It's an almost powerful laptop. I have large amount of RAM and HD space available. The current version is 1511, build SO 10586.589

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440311-why-my-win10-upgrade-anniversary-get-stuck.html
Relevancy 49.88%

If this as been answered please let me know where, I could'nt find it   I want to upgrade my Aspire X3470 HDD to SSD.  I need to boot from DVD to transfer my HDD to the SDD but I can't seem to be able to boot from DVD. I've disable the Secure Boot in the BIOS to be able to F12 my boot up and get to the Boot Device but it only shows the Windows Boot Manager. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Apsire-X3470-with-Win10-upgrade-to-SSD/td-p/438790/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm still on Win7, I noticed that their pop up window to install Win10 has changed, there is no option to select another date for the install, it were only ever 3 days ahead anyhow.

I'm wondering, is the free offer coming to an end then?

Looking through some of the past threads on here, I see that some have reverted back to their old OS after dabbling with Win10, I'm wondering if I should even bother/risk trying it to be honest?.....Although I dare say that I'll be forced to in the end.

A:Free win10 upgrade, MS now getting pushy about it.

The offer is for a year - July 2016 (it was released on 29th July 2015)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-win10-upgrade-ms-now-getting-pushy-about-it.1157945/
Relevancy 49.88%

I upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10, now I can't turn windows firewall, Tried fixing permissions, still no good. What do I do first?
Hp ProBook Core i5 8 gigs ram

A:firewall won't turn on after upgrade to win10

Press the "Windows Button" and "R" simultaneously.
Typ in cmd

A new window will open.
Typ in netsh advfirewall show allprofiles state

You'll see the status of the Firewall for Domain, Private and Public profile.
Which ones are ON and which ones are OFF?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606086/firewall-wont-turn-on-after-upgrade-to-win10/
Relevancy 49.88%

I experience a very frequent BSODs. I've searched the inet for the symptom, everyone blames Alcohool 120%. I've never had it.

I attach the system information file with 50 minidumps. I would be thankful if you could help me to identify the reason for these BSODS.

Thanks in advance.
Anton.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46432-regular-bsod-after-upgrade-win10.html
Relevancy 49.88%

It seems according to the update history, my computer is trying to upgrade itself to Windows 10 automatically. Can it actually do this without asking me? I didn't reserve the upgrade so it shouldn't be trying to upgrade. Did it fail noticing that I didn't reserve the upgrade?

A:Windows Update trying to upgrade to Win10 by itself?

Hi
Try this
Scared and Very Confused - Windows 10

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378745-windows-update-trying-upgrade-win10-itself.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guy's I have a Win laptop and a Win desktop I like a lot of what I've read about Win although not all But I was hoping that the laptop would be offered it first It's a refurb That I only recently bought My intention was to install slide shows of my art work and use it to show potential customers Anyway I was hoping to install Win on that and put it through it's paces That way I could decide before upgrading my main PC Unfotunately it hasn't worked out that way Yesterday Win downloaded to my desktop PC It said click here to upgrade I was panicing and got a tad twitchy But was pacified when but wants I now! upgrade to 'Win10' to it time need decide, it went on to say - Expect a second prep of your device - Review the licence agreement - Choose when to upgrade Phew it was number 'Win10' I need time to decide, but it wants to upgrade now! that made me relax Remembering I'd read you can wait for almost a year before 'Win10' I need time to decide, but it wants to upgrade now! making up your mind So I pressed the 'OK let's continue' button Did then now I'm faced with no problem I thought but hereby lies the rub Choose a date and time when you want to install the upgrade These are the choices I get HELP

A:'Win10' I need time to decide, but it wants to upgrade now!

Hi Graphicool1 I'm pretty sure you can just close the window and it'll wait until you launch the process manually to upgrade.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586656/win10-i-need-time-to-decide-but-it-wants-to-upgrade-now/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya peoples, I've been tasked with testing a Win10 upgrade on this 20C0 Yoga and am trying to either find driver or what I need to turn off in the Bios. Thanks in advance for your help  ACPI\BCM2F10\0 Thank you,Jonathan

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Bang-in-DevMan-with-Win10-Upgrade/td-p/3392198
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys, Yesterday i tried to upgrade my g505-s from win8.1 to win10, but since it didnt work i got an iso and a stick and decided to cleaninstall it.Now that i installed it i have the problem that it shuts down while booting or if it boots in the first few minutes of beeing booted. No such problems occured before win10.I already contacted ms-support who led me here. I'm thankful for any help/supportYours      Meehrrettich

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/g505-s-shuts-itself-down-after-win10-upgrade/td-p/3334922
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
I'm a support guy for seniors who have problems with computers/windows.
A "client" has a problem with WLM 2012 after upgrade/roll back to Win10 - W7.
Here the existing pop account can receive mails but no mails are sent via smtp.
Also creation of a new/other e-mail (Gmail or pop) account is not possible.
Reinstallation of WLM 2012 did was not successful.
Installation and configration of Mozilla Thunderbird, everything work very well.
My "client" was satisfied with this solution.
I have a collegue helper, who has a simular problem (W7); no send/reply;
did WLM recovery function, deleted "Mail.MSMessageStore"; uninstalled WLM2012 cleaned up
revo uninstaller also registry; reinstalled WLM2012; but no success.
Thunderbird worked perfect, but his client likes to use WLM.

What can be done to get WLM working again?
Sigi

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/390430-wlm-does-not-work-after-upgrade-win10-rollback-w7.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Downloaded Win10 to my Win 8.1 desktop. Received following error messages upon attempted install finish:

"0xC1900101-0x20017"

"The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

Have un-installed all security and all non-essential drivers and programs.

Guidance, please?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/50559-8-1-upgrade-win10-error-mssgs.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I downloaded the upgrade as instructed and when it reached the 100% mark, everything stopped. The download took me 5 hours! (I don't have a very good ISP speed in my area). The problem is, where is the download now? I've searched the 'downloads' file and I cannot seem to find it. Maybe it has been placed in a separate file of its own. Could you please tell me what the name of the file might be and where I may be able to find it.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3542 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8240, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 933853 MB, Free - 820243 MB; D: Total - 18503 MB, Free - 2266 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AFD
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-download-for-win10-upgrade.1168696/