Windows Support Forum

HP Envy Phoenix shutting down and restarting suddenly

Q: HP Envy Phoenix shutting down and restarting suddenly

I have had this computer for a week and every time I turn it on and sign in about 10 minutes later it just shuts down and restarts itself with no explanation. I have tried turning off the automatic restart in the advanced section of system properties, but it didn't fix it, and I can't find any other explanations for what is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Envy Phoenix shutting down and restarting suddenly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Envy Phoenix shutting down and restarting suddenly

Hi, You just purchased this PC? Nice system. I have a 810-150se. Similar to yours. I have zero tolerance for new products that fail soon after purchase. Return it as soon as possible! Jaco

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-Phoenix-shutting-down-and-restarting-suddenly/td-p/4515022
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey Techspot I m hoping you can help me out with a little problem I ve lot down a suddenly Laptop shuts started experiencing I got a Lenovo G just last year and everything s been going great with it so far However as of about a day ago it decides Laptop suddenly shuts down a lot to start shutting down without any warning whatsoever It seems that this happens at random also Some times I can keep the laptop on overnight I like to have videos playing while I sleep with no problems and other times it snaps off after not even minutes Thus I can t really finish a scan with avast or malwarebites I haven t done anything out of the ordinary either I don t know if it s really overheating because I keep it in a similar environment as my Toshiba laptop that has remained on around the same amount of time with no overheating whatsoever I m running Windows on my Lenovo EDIT I thought that my problem was in fact overheating so I cleaned the fan area with some compressed air That seems to help a little bit but my computer still has a tendency to shut down randomly just a lot less frequently I checked the temperature with SpeedFan and upon startup my core temp is as high as C then cools off to about C when I m doing nothing The thing that worries me is that SpeedFan can detect no RPMs from my fan Fan Fan and Fan all show RPMs in the program nbsp

A:Laptop suddenly shuts down a lot

Chances are the thermal pads or the thermal paste on the CPU/video chip needs replacing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-shuts-down-a-lot.179747/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, I need help with my laptop, I bought it a few years back and it has Windows Vista Home now I downgraded it to Windows XP because I'm not very comfortable using Vista and now it's not shutting down..What should I do? Thanks.

A:Laptop not shutting down

Since XP was discontinued about a year or so ago I'd simply suggest re installing Vista & get used to it. It aint that bad.I've had it too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-shutting-down.210451/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello I recently built my own gaming budget build about a month ago This is my build with the addition of LED mm fans http pcpartpicker com user caleb saved pwYfrH when Gaming Restarting PC My PC is automatically restarting while PC Restarting when Gaming playing PC Restarting when Gaming games like Archeage and Alien Isolation For some other games the PC does not restart Recently I have noticed that my PC will restart when I minimize Archeage Sometimes it will not There has been or incidents where my PC restarted but the video did not show I saw the CPU heatsink s fan was not running PC Restarting when Gaming I fingered some wires and it worked The general issue of my PC restarting did not occur for the first week or two after the PC was built I understand my PSU is only W and paired with a more intense GPU When building the PC I figured since my CPU requires little power I would still fall well under W as noted on the pcpartpicker link The only things I have done to remedy this problem so far is update my BIOS I have also performed a couple different stress tests and they run fine for as long as I run them Here are screenshots of my HWiNFO at about - m after my computer was freshly booted up first thing in the morning http i tinypic com wso p jpg http i tinypic com n r jpg http i tinypic com gy r jpg http i tinypic com n ds png I ve seen my CPU reach temps up to C when near usage at Ghz Is that okay If not what should I do I see that my V is at a max of V Is that okay If not does that simply mean I must replace my PSU What do the different voltages mean What does it mean to be under or over a specific voltage I see that my GPU s max clock is Mhz but the memory s max clock is Mhz Is that okay If not what exactly does that mean and how would I go about fixing it Thank you for taking the time to read this I really hope to learn as much as I can about these issues before I probably have to buy new parts to fix it If you need any screenshots of any other testing software please just let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarting-when-gaming.207020/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm having an issue with my media sharing options in Network and Sharing on all my computers on my network. When I go to network & sharing to turn on media sharing for some reason by itself it gets turn off?? This is frustrating to have to continually reset it on all computers on my network. They all have the same Home Group password, but still it gets turn off somehow. Can anyone Please tell me what am I doing wrong or what the problem is causing this to happen???

A:Media sharing option keeps shutting off by itself

I assume you are talking about Media Player setup. Did you see this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-sharing-option-keeps-shutting-off-by-itself.192232/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I bought a laptop this time 2 years ago. Suddenly wile watching a hd film in bed my laptop over heated and then crashed. So I waited then booted up again and now my good graphics card is not working
It is not being detected in device manager at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

some details on laptop and graphics card. cost me a good bita dosh so would like to get it fixed
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core?i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

A:Laptop Graphics card suddenly not detected

Ouch if the laptop over heats and shuts down and not recognized again it could actually be physical damage to the video card. Another way to test if the video card has completely failed is by plugging an external monitor into the display port on the laptop. It could connect via hdmi, vga, or possibly display port. If a picture appears on the monitor then it could possibly be software related if you dont see a picture the video card has failed for sure. If it has failed you will more than likely have to replace the motherboard. In rare chance the video card may not be intergrated to motherboard but I doubt it. If you know someone that could whats called (re-flow) the video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-graphics-card-suddenly-not-detected.206677/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone I m having some problems activating my other with my other video card on my HP laptop with Windows bits I have been able to switch between both of the - my ati mobility radeon hd which i want to activate and my Intel HD Graphics There is an option to manually change between the cards on my desktop the ATI Catalyst Control Center version It is currently on High-performance GPU meaning the Radeon video card can't Radeon ATI Suddenly HD Mobility 6550 use my should be active Yet when I try to play a game or when I check my current computer technical details using Can You Run It the computer acts as though I m currently activating the Intel card Furthermore when I disconnect my laptop from the power supply the Catalyst Control Center asks me whether I want to switch graphic cards or not If I do agree or if I change the graphic cards manually using the ATI Catalyst Control Center the ATI Catalyst Control Center icon dissapears from the icons on my taskbar and an Intel icon appears allowing me to change some of the properties of my Intel graphic card but not to switch between the cards There is no way to get my computer to use or even pretend using like it did the Radeon graphics card Now I tried installing the Radeon s card s driver but there s an error message when i try Before I change the graphic cards when the computer appears Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 to be activating the Radeon card it appears as though both of the card Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 s drivers are installed but if I switch to the Intel one the Radeon card s driver doesn t appear in the device manager Now it worked a few weeks ago Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 but it didn t work today I tried restoring to the most previous checkpoint which was days ago but all that did is make my computer appear as though it s running the Radeon graphic card Now I suspected that my graphic card has been disconnected but I m not sure just where it is and when I tried to look for it I figured it isn t worth the risk in case i don t succeed so i want to make sure that s the problem Any suggestions nbsp

A:Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550

What is the exact model number of this laptop? It seems to me that what ever graphics choice gave you the best video performance, this would be the only video you would ever use. Why the need to switch graphics adapters in the first place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-cant-use-my-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-6550.166959/
Relevancy 25.37%

My internet started to become slow out of no where and I didn't mess with my router/modem or any computer settings so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. Pages take a while to load, some don't load (Unable to connect to webpage message), or sometimes they won't load completely. I've had this happen 3 times over the past years, even with different routers/modems/ISP's, my internet would be working normally for a few months and then it'd dramatically get slower. I've always thought it was my router causing the problems, potentially screwing up and degrading my modem's performance. It must be that Netgear routers are awful, as that's the only brand of routers I've had over the years.

I'm on my desktop, and have my modem connected to my router. I'm connected to the internet via cable since my desktop doesn't have WiFi.
Got 58mb/s download speed and 12mb/s upload speed on speedtest. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edit: I have the same problem with every browser if you're wondering.

A:Internet suddenly slow and pages not loading completely

Have you tried having your ISP run a line check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-slow-and-pages-not-loading-completely.206046/
Relevancy 27.09%

On WiFi bars always but I keep getting disconnected every couple minutes It reconnects a minute later and runs for another mins or every or so minutes five off Internet Shutting so Its an endless process Would appreciate any help Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Student Internet Shutting off every five minutes or so ATTENTION The logged in user is not administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Student Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Enterprise Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of SDRSVC service is OK The ImagePath of SDRSVC service is OK The ServiceDll of SDRSVC service is OK VSS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of VSS service is OK The ImagePath of VSS service is OK System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender quot DisableAntiSpyware quot DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers afd sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System mpssvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System bfe dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System vssvc exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wscsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System qmgr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System es dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System svchost exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System rpcss dll gt File is digitally signed End of log nbsp

A:Internet Shutting off every five minutes or so

First, if your ISP is over a DSL line, make sure every device connected to the phone wall jack(s) have a filter installed.

Second, get the latest firmware for your Modem && the router installed.

Lastly, on your router, find and set the MTU to 1492 which will stop packet fragmentation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-shutting-off-every-five-minutes-or-so.205339/
Relevancy 27.52%

Literally just blacks out while I'm in the middle of something, shuts down and I have to power it up again. Last night it happened three times in maybe 15 minutes, and even that is rather generous.

It's happened both while plugged in and while on the battery, so common sense says it can't be a battery problem. I only had a browser with three tabs and one Word document running, so I doubt it can be due to overload. It doesn't seem hot to the touch and I didn't get the overheating notification thing on my screen.

I've seen in earlier threads on this topic that some advice-givers suggested running the HWMonitor to check the temps, so I did that, but the figures don't mean anything to me. Here's a screenshot, if someone can tell me whether these temps are normal.

A:Laptop keeps shutting off

I am not really sure whats wrong, but I can reassure you that it is probably not the CPU overheating. As long as the sensors are correct, and they are displaying the right temperatures, you should be fine. The thermal limit of the i3 380M is 90C according to specs online. I hope someone else can chime in on other possible solutions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-shutting-off.204846/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi my laptop keeps shutting off or getting stuck while on it. I use to get a message system your cooling system not working but did a system restore so that doesn't come up. on the back of my laptop it does feel hot I let a tech look at it today and he used a compressed air and he sprayed the fan and computer . he said he see's no dust , corrosion , or damage to the laptop. and gave it back to me so far it didn't shut off yet but the computer is still hot and feel like it will again. Anything else it could be or any advice on how fix this problem?

A:My laptop keeps shutting off

Lift it up off the desk. It's overheating. Buy a laptop cooling pad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-keeps-shutting-off.204609/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello everyone.
I have a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop, which I bought it as a used laptop. Last week, while I am using it to browse websites, it SUDDENLY shutdown, then I try to turn it on again by pressing the power button, but it doesn't turn on. I look at the power adapter, it's green light is FLASHING. When I disconnect the power adapter from the laptop, the light on the power adapter is STEADY green. As soon as I connect the power adapter back to the laptop, its green light is FLASHING again. I also tried to turn on the laptop by using the battery, but it doesn't turn on. There is NO sound or light on the laptop at all. What's wrong with my laptop, is the motherboard dead? Sorry for a long message. Thank you very much for any help.

A:Dell Latitude E6410 Suddenly shutdown

Remove the battery and the AC Adapter and hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds. Put the AC adapter in and leave the battery out. try powering it up again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6410-suddenly-shutdown.203637/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, I have weird problem with my Dell Inspiron 5521

It's shutting down itself every exactly 30min

I believe that it is not heat issue because I send this laptop to clean up fan and replace themal silicone at cpu with Dell Authorize shop.

** Last temp. before shutdown is 45 Celcius **

I have log this shutdown event with several condition and its still shut itself every exact 30 min

With Chillpad - 30 min
On/Off Wifi - 30 min
No Batterry 30 min
Power by Battery 30min
Shutdown even in BIOS mode

Solution I have try
Format and install Window 7/8
Flash Bios

Thank you for your help!

A:My Laptop keep shutting down at exactly 30 min

Are the power down, sleep and hibernate settings properly set?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-keep-shutting-down-at-exactly-30-min.203521/
Relevancy 26.23%

My Samsung R510, the fan run fast and its causing the fan to start roaring and the vents to get hot, the laptop will suddenly shut down.. I would appreciate any advice from any one!

A:Laptop will suddenly shut down

That is an over heating problem - - set the fan to always run and at full cooling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-suddenly-shut-down.202176/
Relevancy 27.52%

Toshiba Satellite. I was going to make a video of what it's doing but basically it's just going dead. I'll turn it on, sometimes it dies (it doesn't 'shut down' it just 'dies') right away, sometimes it'll stay on for a few minutes before dying.
I've heard these laptops have an issue with the power button and the machine overheating and that causing it to shut off, and I've had that problem in the past.
It's shutting off constantly lately. Wondering if I have an old, bad battery or if the power cord and pack or going bad, or both? The spot where the power cord plugs in is also loose (I problem I had on my old Dell) sometimes I have to jiggle it (bad, I know) to even get the laptop some juice.

I swear I'll buy a second desktop PC before I ever buy a laptop again...no luck with them at all.

A:Laptop keeps shutting off

I need to do a search before I post a problem that everyone seems to be having LOL
I've taken the battery out and fired it up...we'll see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-shutting-off.195853/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello hello This is my first post so apologies if I do anything incorrectly I have an old Satellite Toshiba down shutting Toshiba Satellite which is old and crotchety so I decided to take the chance to play with it with the intention of fixing it up a bit and passing it on to someone else who could use Toshiba Satellite shutting down a computer I uninstalled lots of things cleaned it up Toshiba Satellite shutting down - all good I took it apart gave it a good clean - all good apart from when I took the screen off both of the hinges were snapped at the bottom and just fell apart when I lifted it up So I ordered some new hinges they arrived this morning I put them in put Toshiba Satellite shutting down the laptop back together and turned it on All seems well and good EXCEPT - it has now started shutting itself down It s not a battery problem because the battery hasn t been in it yet At first I thought it was something I had done to the screen because it did it when I was tilting the screen but I have since realised that it s when I touch the touch-pad or indeed anywhere along the front underneath the keyboard It seems to be fine - as long as I don t touch it Have I done something heinous to the laptop or can I sort this out I really hope I haven t killed it Side note - I blame PC World for so many things they are the only people who ve had their paws on it in the past and there are a few screws missing no - I didn t lose them a couple of screws that are the wrong size and the hinge screws are too big one of which as I was screwing it back in shredded the groves I think cause now it just turns and turns before I bust a gasket with this if anyone has any tips as to how to get this screw back out again I d appreciate that too Thank you VERY much in advance for any help nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite shutting down

..."I took it apart, gave it a goo d clean"...Did you remove the CPU fan(s) or heat-sink assembly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-shutting-down.199905/
Relevancy 27.09%

Howdy all The amazing folks at Tech Spot saved my bacon many moons back helping me fix a virus laden laptop for Brand New to can't HP connect 17 Internet Envy Quad Touchsmart my sick kid And so I turn to Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet you with my latest computer nightmare and beg of your assistance once again I just bought a new HP ENVY TouchSmart t-j Quad Edition Notebook PC ENERGY STAR for my daughter for Christmas It arrived yesterday and I opened it up to start preloading her software onto it so she can have it ready to go Christmas morning Unfortunately the thing just won t let me get connected to the internet via wifi It is using an Intel Wireless-N adapter running Windows factory installed I have tried everything I could think of - using Intel drivers instead of Microsoft ones resetting WINSOCK flushing the DNS using a static IP instead of dynamic the works Nothing appears to be working The device can clearly see my network - it shows up on the list of connections and validates my security information running standard WEP security - not the best I know but it s easier for the multitude of tech I have on my network all of which connects fine but it only gives me limited access and does not want to connect to the network or the internet My base system is running Windows My router is a Netgear Rangemax Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNR v I have not tried a hardwire connection yet as I really need this to be a wireless device Help me TechSpot Gurus you re my only hope nbsp

A:Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet

Hey Mark. I would connect to the Net by cable and allow it to get any OS updates and/or driver updates before I change any settings.While online,try to connect wirelessly to see if it finds any updates quicker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-hp-envy-touchsmart-17-quad-cant-connect-to-internet.198670/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 25.8%

I had a problem with my PC turning off which occurred in Ubuntu and Windows I turned to the bios hardware monitor and found that heat ineffective fan/cooler suddenly I2500 stock was building up to degrees and then turning off The case was full of fluff and dust which I cleared out The stock fan cooler was loaded with the I2500 stock fan/cooler suddenly ineffective stuff No wonder it was overheating Now I cleaned off the old thermal grease with isopropol alcohol qtips and a glasses cleaning cloth I reapply a small amount of thermal grease I had a lot of trouble with one push pin on the cooler but got that running Each time I fit the cooler fan I use I2500 stock fan/cooler suddenly ineffective fresh grease after cleaning off the old gunk I found that the grease seems to be about right as applying it in a small blob in the middle of the CPU I found it covered the whole area of the cooler when I later took off the cooler as cooling isn t working The grease isn t leaking outside of the area of the heatsink so I guess my loading isn t excessive The grease is Arctic silver It may be a couple of years old Is that the problem The temperature still climbs up to about before shutting off I turn it off early now once I see the cooling isn t working Taking the other side of the case off I can see that all four push pins are correctly seated on the motherboard I check the CPU fan and it is working OK The other case fans are working but even they being off couldn t account for overheating like this Any ideas nbsp

A:I2500 stock fan/cooler suddenly ineffective

What are you getting for a reading on "Vcore"?

If the CPU voltage is too high, that would explain the heat up.

That's all I got ATM.

Is this thing overclocked at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i2500-stock-fan-cooler-suddenly-ineffective.194390/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I bought this computer it had windows 7 on it. it ran everything lag/shutter free. I have since upgraded to windows 8 then to 8.1. The problem is the audio and video noticeably lags/shutters. As if the entire computer is pausing. I have talked to HP tech support and they only reinstalled the drivers. All drivers are current. I am fairly sure it has something to do with the HD4k graphics but I do not know for sure. I was hoping the 8.1 would resolve the problem but it has not. I have this problem whenever I watch videos (on the internet or from file) and when I play World of tanks. Any help would be great

A:HP envy 1038-nr

I seen similar comments re "since upgrading to Win/8" and (imo) think the drivers are not 'fully compatible' with the new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-1038-nr.194074/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a terabyte full of Terabyte suddenly blank? stuff and I recently went to open a directory via a shortcut and was informed that the drive path did not exist I opened Terabyte suddenly blank? Computer and saw the drive wasn t listed there Assuming it had somehow lost connectivity I switched the drive off waited for a few seconds Terabyte suddenly blank? and turned it back on again This has solved this problem when I ve discovered missing Terabyte suddenly blank? drives in the past However when I switched the drive back on I discovered that it was completely erased Nothing is on the drive and that is confirmed by Computer s space analysis This is mildly disturbing What happened to all my stuff Operating System Windows Ultimate x Service Pack build Processor gigahertz Intel Core i - kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-D H Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc F RAM Slot ChannelB-DIMM has MB Display NVIDIA GeForce GTX Display adapter Samsung SyncMaster Monitor quot vis s n YCUYHVDZ July Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio VIA High Definition Audio nbsp

A:Terabyte suddenly blank?

Edit: I did a scan and found these (picture attached)

Does anyone recognize these or if they may contribute to the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/terabyte-suddenly-blank.191837/
Relevancy 25.8%

There is some problem with my font USB ports. All was fine until yesterday when they stopped working. I havent made any hardware change. Installed windows 8 but that was last week.

I connect my Logitech Gamepad, the LED switches on but it doesnt show up in the control panel, works when connected to the rear USB port.

Please help..

A:Front USB ports suddenly stopped working

You might have to open up your case, trace back the cable, and re-plug it. It could be detached, or the USB controller on the front ports could be fried somehow too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-usb-ports-suddenly-stopped-working.189467/
Relevancy 24.94%

Help!!! yesterday it still working but today,no sounds come out from the speaker,I used headset to test it and it's work,but when I unplug my headset it still no sound,I already try to reboot using safe mode but getting confused.. what can I do???
f.y.I : I already check the sound driver,no question marks appeared.

A:My Acer Aspire 4741G laptop sounds suddenly stopped working

"I already checked the sound driver, no question marks appeared"... Do you mean no exclamation points like this (!)? If you can hear normal sound from the headset the sound driver is okay. This could be caused by a keyboard setting. Make sure the sound is all the way up and that it is not muted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-4741g-laptop-sounds-suddenly-stopped-working.189508/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have been driving myself crazy with this issue My main computer out of quot quot cannot bring up the Home Group password to view or leave it nor change the password I have been researching this problem for about a month and know one seems to know how to go about fixing it I tried Microsoft Fix-it with no success and it keeps sending me back to the fix-it download page So I m bring this problem to you guys Now the Peer Networking Grouping controls the features in home group that allow you to see the other systems on your network and also depends on two other services to start the problem is is that I can t and windows can t seem to start them all at the same time or however they are suppose to start it seems to be a catch situation one can t start with out the other and vice-versa Is there anyone who has ever heard of this and tell me how Peer service restarting Networking not Grouping to repair this issue all help would be completely appreciated Page of Windows Peer Networking Grouping service not restarting Network Diagnostics Issues Peer Networking Grouping service not restarting found Either the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service PNRPsvc Enable the services needed for Peer-to-Peer Grouping Not fixed Failed Issues found Either the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service Not fixed PNRPsvc or the Peer Networking Identity Manager service p pimsvc is not running The Peer Networking Grouping service p psvc depends on both these services in order to function properly Enable the services needed for Peer-to-Peer Grouping Failed Network Diagnostics Log File Name ABE - A - A- BED- F Repair Admin etl Detection details Network Diagnostics Log File Name ABE - A - A- BED- F Diagnose Admin etl Other Networking Configuration and Logs File Name NetworkConfiquration cab Collection information Computer Name Windows Version Architecture Time PAULWADE-PC x Wednesday May AM Publisher details Windows Network Diagnostics Detects problems with network connectivity Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows file IIIC lUserslPaul Wade AppDataiLocallElevatedDiagnostics This is the results from Microsoft Fix-it My Specs are MSI-MS- AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor GHz Gb Kingston HyperX DDR- ram a GB TB HHD Galaxy GeForce GT DDR MB video card Corsair TX PSU nbsp

A:Peer Networking Grouping service not restarting

So I did some more research and found out to repair Peer Networking Grouping svc and how to also restart my HomeGroup that I also had problems with!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/peer-networking-grouping-service-not-restarting.181081/
Relevancy 26.23%

We hve an acer laptop and we bought it last oct.2009 since last mnth until now when we are using it ,it will suddenly shut down.what do u think is the problem of our laptop. please can you help us?thanking you in advance. we are soliciting an opinion from you...your opinions are highly requested and apreciated!

A:Acer laptop suddenly shut down

It could be overheating because the CPU thermal paste or pads are dried out or burned. The laptop can be repaired by a qualified service person

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-suddenly-shut-down.188852/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop and recently it keeps on shutting down without warning, the fan kicks in (quite loudly) and then total loss of power. It comes back on as soon as I press the on button and it doesnt feel too hot. help please?!

A:Dell Inspiron 1545, shutting down

Go to this site: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-1545 and download the driver under BIOS. Make sure all apps are closed and your PC is plugged in before flashing and follow the directions carefully or you can ruin your computer. After this, download realtemp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ and run the exe after extracting the file. Tell me your temperatures for each core. good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1545-shutting-down.187667/
Relevancy 27.09%

My computer will be running fine and then it will cut off. It has done this over and over. Do you think that this an issue with the power supply? The error reads: Shut down due to environmental Temperature and Have PC Serviced immediately.

A:My computer is randomly shutting down

You are over heating. Your best bet would be to open the case if this is a desktop and get a can of air and blow the dust from your fans and cpu and see if this helps. You may even need to replace the cpu thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-randomly-shutting-down.187576/
Relevancy 26.66%

Ok. It seems that the green output plug is broken, because all of the sudden it only sends audio to the left speaker. So...

1. I plugged my speakers into the blue input
2. Changed the behaviour of it to output audio, in the realtek audio manager
3. Worked fine!

But after shutting down or restaring the PC, the selected behaviour goes back to normal and I have to manually configure it from input audio to output audio.

What can I do? Please help

A:Realtek audio in/out plugs don't keep configuration after restarting

Perhaps you have damaged your sound system by over-driving the unit. Do you have replaceable parts.

More help might be generated if you tell us brand, model, configuration, and age of your computer equipment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-audio-in-out-plugs-dont-keep-configuration-after-restarting.150665/
Relevancy 27.09%

Basically, I have a laptop that, whenever I play certain games, I get about ten minutes of game-play, then it just shuts down like I had held the power button for so long. would like an answer to the problem, as I'm getting guild wars 2 this Sunday and want it to be playable.
Games it has shut down on:
TF2
games that it hasn't shutdown on:
Diablo 3

specs
manufacturer: e-machines
model: eME732
processor: intel core i3 m 370 @2.4ghz
ram: 2GB or 2048mb
DirectX: 11

A:Having problems with my laptop shutting down

1 is your graphics card suitable for playing the games I would say on the said laptop go to google then type can you run it then click on link thise will take u to a site that will help determine the games you can play so once on there theres 2 drop down boxes in the 2nd box look for your games then click then after click on canurunit tab and wait then the system will tell you pass or fail and on what parts for instance it might say core i3 pass but on graphics it might say fail .. if passes on all then let us know and then can look further

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-laptop-shutting-down.185935/
Relevancy 26.23%

So this has never really been an issue before until just recently My HD got so corrupted that I had to reformat the drive and reinstall all the recovery components After doing all this I was reinstalling games back onto my system and have been having some intermittent issues with shutting down which just recently got worse When playing games like Sims or Dungeons games that are graphically intense and larger the computer now will shut off within - down overheating high and shutting games G73 on laptop end Asus minutes No graphic anomalies and I am able to turn Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down it right back on without the computer baring me due to an overheated system The system doesnt shut down when running movies or playing games like fallout or other bit games I ran hardware monitor and speed fan when I was running dungeons and got the following data HW monitor reports Min Max C Therm Intel core i QM Core Core Core Core ST AS Assembly Air Flow ATI Mobility Radeon HD TMPIN Speed Fan reports Speed fan only sees one CPU Fan running at a range of - RPM However my laptop has two fans within it should it be reporting CPU Fans When running dungeons the fan jumps to RPM The GPU temp is normally C but when running dungeons it jumps to C Im running an Asus G Jh gaming laptop The BIOS is version Intel core i CPU Q GHz Memory mb ram HD gb gb of gb free OS Windows Home premium bit build My question is whether or not one of my fans isnt working anymore Which happened a year ago and I had to replace it or is something else going on that isnt kicking my fans on to cool the system down for gaming I dont tend to hear the fans whirring loudly anymore like they sort of did before when things got a little too hot nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down

It may very well be your fans again. You may need to open it up and clean it out with a can of air. Try replacing the thermal compound or pads. This may solve your problem. Plus inspect the motherboard for any lose connections. I am sure some one else here will have a few more suggestion to help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-overheating-on-high-end-games-and-shutting-down.185380/
Relevancy 25.8%

My Toshiba L505D developed an issue over night. It no longer connects to the internet. When I look at the Windows7 network it shows connection to the router but not the internet. The device manager says it is operating, the mfr?s software says the switch is on (and the panel light is on) and that there are no issues. I downloaded and installed the mfr?s driver (2010 is the latest). I?ve pulled the battery and held the button for 60 seconds. All to no connection. Everything points to an issue with the AT&T Uverse router except my cabled desktop and Dell laptop wireless computer access the internet fine. Which points to the Toshiba being the problem. When I pull up the AT&T trouble shooting program it shows the computer as a device but doesn?t have an I/P address, the desktop and Dell laptop have addresses. Any suggestions?

A:Laptop suddenly stops connecting to the Internet

I would go to start type cmd then in there ipconfig/release then ipconfig /renew see if that helps

apart from this you could try to restore to an earlier time to when it was working those would be the things I would try but someone with more experience should help soon .. im not a technician etc I just like to try help if I got an idea

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-stops-connecting-to-the-internet.184445/
Relevancy 26.66%

My tower is barley a month old and is already having carshing and restarting issues when im playing games basicly I can be playing a game for like 10 mins then it will crash and restart. As its such a new tower im guessing graphics card psu. Heres the whole tower http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...rebones+Kit+w/+3+FREE+Games!+?productId=50872

im not sure of the graphics card as its borrowed I know its a Gforce of some description.

The game im playing is dirt showdown its a driving game.

I should add its a 2gb graphics card and the towers not over heating so my guess is psu

A:Computer crashing/restarting when playing games

Hi, You should find out what Graphic card you have, and download the correct driver for it.
A clue is that you say it crashes when playing games, but does it crash if you open 'Computer' screen, or say 'Notepad'?
If you just booted the pc and did nothing, just left it on the Desktop screen, would it crash then? ( No, I am guessing.)
So if you can uninstall your current graphic card driver, that's, 'Device manager' ,Look for 'Display adapters',
Click on the tiny arrow to the left of the word 'Display adapters'.
Right click on the name of your card.
Then, 'Properties', 'Driver' tab, 'uninstall driver'.
Reboot the pc, let Windows install a generic driver. (Just wait , it will happen and notify you near the taskbar.)
Go to the Nvidia website, choose 'Support', then 'Download drivers' then 'Option 2' Automatically detect card.
That should find the correct driver for your card.
If it does not, then in your 'Search for files and folders' box, type 'dxdiag'. In the display tab you will see the type of card you have. Go back to the Nvidia site and search for it manually. Get the correct version 32 or 64 bit.
If your problem is the wrong driver, it should now be fixed. If it's the PSU overheating, then you will need to upgrade it.
Hope this makes sense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-restarting-when-playing-games.184067/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey ive had this new PC for about months now and it ran great till now but all of a sudden all my games are lagging that worked a few days ago any ideas why its doing this thanks in advance lagging games :( All are suddenly ------------------ Time of this report Machine name MATT-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Alienware System Model Alienware X BIOS BIOS All games are suddenly lagging :( Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX All games are suddenly lagging :( Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS D DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model NVD SIM DISP Monitor Id NVD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp nbsp

A:All games are suddenly lagging :(

What are your temps? I've had the same problem when the fan on the video card quit working, or was clogged with dust. I use OpenHardwareMonitor because it seems to read all the temps accurately and also shows loading info for the CPU and GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-games-are-suddenly-lagging.182430/
Relevancy 26.23%

My 6 month old i7 Samsung laptop with windows 7 has suddenly stopped connecting wirelessly to my router (HG 520b Echolife). I have done numerous checks with my IP address within the basic function and everything appears fine. WLAN settings all fine.My laptop will connect fine direct to the ethernet connection in the back of the router and works fine from there. When I disconnect and try wirelessly, it indicates a strong signal on my network but when I try to connect (with the correct security code etc) it goes it to windows troubleshooter and fails every time. My friends android phone allows my laptop to connect to his wireless network?? and his phone can access my network from the same router. I am totally baffled about this. Can any one help with this?? I forgot to mention it had connected fine for at least 6 months.

A:Laptop suddenly won't connect wirelessly

It sounds you need need to completely remove the wireless driver on your laptop & then reinstall it. Connect your laptop to the net with a cable, download the wireless driver to your desktop, uninstall the wireless driver, reboot and install the wireless driver again and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-wont-connect-wirelessly.182199/
Relevancy 26.23%

hello techspot community!

My wife was playing Tetris battle on facebook, that time I was watching her playing tetris battle then suddenly my laptop shuts down. That incident happened twice. But it didn't happened when I was playing NBA2k12 earlier that day. And when I tried to turn it on again, at first try it did not power up so i took the battery out and put it again then it turns on. What happend to my laptop? could this be overheat? But I have a cooling pad with two fan. pls help me. I'm not the techie type, me just a gamer so pls I need help. It's an Intel core i3, ATI mobility radeon 5470, 4GB RAM.

A:My laptop suddenly shuts down

sounds like overheating to me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-suddenly-shuts-down.174827/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I think i ve got the noisiest video card on the planet but that s not the issue The issue is that in most games when it reaches about - degrees C my video card driver stops working Ti down MSI heating GTX 550 driver shutting video GeForce and up as Windows kindly tells me in a pop-up It does reinitialize MSI GeForce GTX 550 Ti heating up and video driver shutting down almost instantly but this is definately not normal and it s annoying to have the game stop for a sec while the driver does that While i can t complain about the temperature since i understand that s within the limit degrees max according to producer i definately need to find a fix for this problem Full PC specs are KingMax GB DDR MHz Intel Core i MSI GeForce GTX 550 Ti heating up and video driver shutting down GHz box MSI GeForce GTX Ti OC GB DDR -bit Seagate GB SATA-III rpm MB Barracuda Arctic Cooling Silentium T full black Gigabyte GA-H MA-D V Sirtec - High Power Element W I have the latest nvidia driver I have a fan at the front and at the back of my PC case only has slots so the air flow is decent Any ideas I didn t try to OC it or anything like that nbsp

A:MSI GeForce GTX 550 Ti heating up and video driver shutting down

If the card is making noise and giving Windows errors, replace it. The noise is coming from the fan. Is anything touching the fan inside the case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-geforce-gtx-550-ti-heating-up-and-video-driver-shutting-down.179563/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a gaming laptop I been playing games on it for many months Suddenly low FPS rates now got it in July All games on max settings have been running smoothly for me Until today Today I was playing a multiplayer game from The game is not demanding at all and my computer can easily run it I never had any problems running this game I played the game and then exited the game Afterwards I went to do other stuff on my computer for hours Then I go to play my game again but suddenly the game is running at really low FPS rates It feels as if it is running at FPS rate In fact I tried some other Steam games and they all were running slower than usual I did nothing to my computer I downloaded nothing It was just like it always been Except somehow the games started to run on low FPS rates I suspect that maybe the low FPS rates is a problem from the Steam servers but as I only have Steam games on my computer I cannot check how non-Steam games run on my computer I have no idea what this is Suddenly low FPS rates I figure that I should look for any changes in the computer My computer seems to give me the following message every time I turn it on quot the AC adapter cannot be found the battery may not charge quot I never had this before When I shut down the computer and turn it on I get this first message before Windows loads When I look at battery it says quot avaliable not charging quot It seems that the computer is not charging my battery Other than that all seems exactly as it was Maybe this is irrelevant to my question but I bring up anything that is suspect Perhaps Suddenly low FPS rates the computer does not fully recognize the AC adapter Suddenly low FPS rates and so it is operating on low resources - hence the low FPS rate Yes I did at one point in those hours unplug the power supply from my computer What should I do By the way Please do not tell me to run virus tests I know it is standard on this forum for members to tell others to run a virus test but I know for a fact my computer is clean I go to secure websites all the time and always am up to date with my anti-virus program I know that cannot possibly be a reason Furthermore in that hour interval I only been using secure safe websites such as Gmail so I know I could have not possibly picked up a virus I just say this because I really do not want to run all these anti-virus tests and downloading them for several hours only to show that I was clean all along nbsp

A:Suddenly low FPS rates

You need to post the specs of this machine please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-low-fps-rates.177785/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey everyone I ve officially got THE worst luck with technology EVER Today my Western Digital GB External HDD has stopped working One minute it s working fine - the next its completely unresponsive I deleted suddenly External hard working drive stopped a music folder off the hard drive that wouldnt play and I dont know if that s been the cause of it to become External hard drive suddenly stopped working unstable When I plug it in via USB I can feel the disk spinning inside and loading but the windows sound does not play About - minutes later I get the sound but it does not appear under Hard Disk Drives on My Computer When I External hard drive suddenly stopped working try to go into device manager it crashes windows explorer After a couple of attempts the name is now quot Local Disk I and not even Elements After about - minutes of being plugged in the drive clicks and won t do anything else I REALLY need some of the work off the hard drive - It s External hard drive suddenly stopped working so important to my second year at university Any help you can give me I will be eternally grateful Call me a but I usually back up my work via dropbox anyway but theres some bits I didnt back up yet and it s so important I get them I ve looked at getting a universal drive adaptor but i ve heard about data recovery software but there seem to be so many out there - If my hard drive isnt completely screwed could someone reccomend me one or give me some advice Thanks in advance nbsp

A:External hard drive suddenly stopped working

have you tried unplugging the drive power adapter for a minute and plugging it back in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-suddenly-stopped-working.178166/
Relevancy 53.32%

My Laptop is shutting down suddenly without any error message or without showing any shutdown screen it is just like working on a desktop having no UPS supply and all of sudden light goes off.....

I have check my battery,ram,motherboard,and also uninstall all drivers,install new windows but the problem still there....

and this is not because of overheating

so please help me out..

A:Laptop is shutting down suddenly!

"and this is not because of overheating"...

This IS an over-heating symptom. The cooling fan could be failing or giving the CPU/motherboard a false over-heating symptom. Also, check the bios settings , for fan control if any

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-is-shutting-down-suddenly.177871/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello all I have anymore External HDD not suddenly recognized a problem with my external HDD When I woke up External HDD suddenly not recognized anymore this morning windows update had installed some updates and automatically my laptop had restarted I tried to log in but it crashed immediately out of the blue I thought ok can happen so when it had restarted and after logging in I wanted to check on some things on my HDD But I got a message saying something like The USB device is not being recognized So I tried again a couple of times but I kept getting that message After trying to switch usb ports and plugging in and out several times I didn t even get that message anymore That was when I started to realise I had a serious problem here The HDD won t show in windows explorer won t show in device management and won t show in the BIOS It is nowhere to be found but the HDD itself is plugged in and working it seems I tried to recover data but all the software I found doesn t find the HDD either which makes sense considering the BIOS isn t even recognising it Is there anything I can do to try and recover my data Can my HDD be saved I don t know if I ve explained my situation clear enough should there be any questions please ask Thanks in advance Lukas nbsp

A:External HDD suddenly not recognized anymore

Tell us about your system and your hardware... brands, ages, connections, etc.

How is the HDD connected, and has it been reliable till now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-suddenly-not-recognized-anymore.177601/
Relevancy 24.94%

All of the sudden my computer took twice as long to start up and my sound skips and is stretched everything is very slow my What started suddenly dell slow, this? gx520 My (pics) optiplex running doing is mouse skips as well and before no matter what I was doing no matter what I was downloading or playing games my mouse never freezes I had the free Norton that comes with comcast and after the sluggishness I downloaded malwarebytes and got AVG internet security And they did clean some viruses out But it still runs slow I updated all of my drivers I deleted almost all of my programs The only antivirus I have running is AVG and AVG PC tuneup which tuned up and fixed problems But STILL NO FIX Plus I re-installed all of my codecs and divx and everything possible updated my My dell optiplex gx520 suddenly started running slow, What is doing this? (pics) drivers with two different driver updaters Its either the drivers could be codecs or something happened to my power supply My dell optiplex gx520 suddenly started running slow, What is doing this? (pics) look at this info on my computer and tell me if something is wrong sorry you ll have to copy paste the links for the pictures i tinypic com mortw jpg i tinypic com swahit jpg i tinypic com wtfxb jpg MUCH appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-optiplex-gx520-suddenly-started-running-slow-what-is-doing-this-pics.174092/
Relevancy 26.66%

Although installing a custom firmware to your wireless router opens the door to a number of possibilities it s understandable if you feel comfortable just plugging in and using the router standard setup if that s working Trick Linksys routers restarting for OK for you Linksys routers are known for its reliability and spartan setup Glaringly missing from their standard set of options is a way to restart the device remotely something that might become a necessity if you are troubleshooting your network While the tried and true method of disconnecting the device for seconds and plugging it back will still work it s easier when you can accomplish that remotely As you are likely aware your router lives in the following Trick for restarting Linksys routers IP address unless you changed it to something else http There s a hidden file that will let you restart reboot your router effortlessly http Reset htm In case that doesn t work for your specific model there s an alternative Go to your router s control panel Then on the main menu select Administration gt Config Management shortcut http bkconfig htm From this screen backup your current router configuration to a file Subsequently restore the configuration you just saved by browsing the file and restoring it effectively restarting your router It might take a couple of minutes to reboot in this way but should be a safe method nonetheless nbsp

A:Trick for restarting Linksys routers

Good catch! Thanks.. I'll add that code to my web server extra-net web site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trick-for-restarting-linksys-routers.173814/
Relevancy 26.23%

this started a few days ago. i was watching a movie on my laptop and a virus reminder came up,it says to remove the virus,so i clicked the remove button. then all of a sudden my laptop was logging off. when it went on again all the icons were huge and it just logged off again. why is it like that? can anyone help me solve my problem because it's quite annoying. futher more i need my laptop to do my work!

A:Why does my laptop suddenly shut down?

Your Anti Virus is telling you that you have an infection and it is trying to remove it. Some infections need further attention to remove infected files so you should open a thread in the Malware forum to get help from one of the Malware staff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-does-my-laptop-suddenly-shut-down.172769/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi everyone im glad to be a part of this community Just a quick problem that Ive had since yesterday which id like to get fixed as soon as my speakers have decided to stop working Yesterday i was moving my PC about and i had to unplug the speakers from the back red pink green and blue ports I didn t see which colour port it was in but i assume it was the green one as the end of the speakers that plugs in has a green casing around it Anyway i have tried all different colors and i can t get the sound to work I have restarted my pc several times but nothing has worked It seems odd and rather stupid really that all i have done is unplugged them as i had to and now they won t turn on whereas a keyboard mouse etc are fine The speakers have an on button you press to turn them on then you can see they re working as a small red LED lights up now they won t even turn on as in they aren t getting any power My pc is pretty old but i only mainly use it for small purposes and am working not speakers Labtec suddenly hoping to get these back to working what do you guys recommend I have windows XP nbsp

A:Labtec speakers suddenly not working

ColdFeet said:

Hi everyone, im glad to be a part of this community. Just a quick problem that Ive had since yesterday which id like to get fixed as soon as, my speakers have decided to stop working.

Yesterday i was moving my PC about and i had to unplug the speakers from the back (red/pink, green, and blue ports). I didn't see which colour port it was in, but i assume it was the green one as the end of the speakers that plugs in has a green casing around it. Anyway i have tried all 3 different colors and i can't get the sound to work. I have restarted my pc several times but nothing has worked. It seems odd and rather stupid really that all i have done is unplugged them as i had to, and now they won't turn on, whereas a keyboard, mouse etc are fine.

The speakers have an on button you press to turn them on, then you can see they're working as a small red LED lights up, now they won't even turn on, as in they aren't getting any power?

My pc is pretty old, but i only mainly use it for small purposes, and am hoping to get these back to working, what do you guys recommend? I have windows XP.Click to expand...

Are the speakers plugged into an AC outlet ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/labtec-speakers-suddenly-not-working.171932/
Relevancy 27.09%

My Toshiba Satellite A -S Laptop with down Toshiba A10 shutting Satellite a Pentium Processor that is Ghz and GB RAM started having a problem of shutting down without warning Shortly before this problem started the CPU cooling fan started to make some Toshiba Satellite A10 shutting down noise After it shutdown I opened the computer and removed the cooling fan cleaned the heat sink fan and sprayed a little silicone on the fan motor Reinstalled the fan and powered up the computer without any more problems The computer ran without incident for several days and then shutdown again even though the fan seemed to be running normally That did it new fan on order and while I was at it upgraded RAM from MB to GB With the new fan removed the heat sink cleaned the old thermal compound from the CPU thoroughly cleaned the heat sink and put everything back together using Arctic Silver on the CPU The computer powered up and ran for about minutes and shutdown I removed the heat sink again to check that it was making good contact with the CPU and it looked OK Reassembled and powered up the computer again This time it ran for days before shutting down During this time I monitored the Toshiba Satellite A10 shutting down discharge air temp Toshiba Satellite A10 shutting down from the cooling fan and it was approximately C but the CPU and heat sink were a bit warmer I could put my finger on them and not get burned so I m not sure just how hot a CPU gets before shutting down Now I can t keep the computer running long enough to download software to monitor the CPU temp I have attempted to check the BIOS but the computer shutdown before I could finish copying the information I really don t have a thorough understanding of just what I am looking for here Can anyone give some advice as to what should be my next step and what could be the root cause of this problem I should mention that I do not have any stop messages or error warnings either before or after it shuts down Kal nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A10 shutting down

Does it still shut down with the battery removed, and only using the AC adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a10-shutting-down.169335/
Relevancy 25.8%

My counter strike graphics suddenly changed and i can't see clearly the pixels are to little i think !!! plz help mee!!

A:Counter-Strike 1.6 graphics suddenly changed

i cant understand what is the problem , it is in resolution or what

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/counter-strike-1-6-graphics-suddenly-changed.170558/
Relevancy 27.52%

After i restarted my laptop the sound just didnt come back....how can i get it back? and i havent deleted anything

A:No sound after restarting

go to computer\properties\Device manager\sound
check if your audio device is disable , and if it is enabled then try to reinstall the audio driver.
after that if nothing happen try to reset the bios .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-restarting.170352/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello Guys I am having trouble with my graphic freezes colors! with suddenly weird Game card nvidia gts it was working fine few days ago but suddenly a problem arose When i start any game it opens smoothly everything works fine but after - mins it freezes with wierd colors all over the display I started Witcher to show my error it appears Game suddenly freezes with weird colors! like this Scanned my computer via antivirus for malware but in vain I am really confused what is causing this to happen or my graphic card is no more I will be very thankful to you guys ----------------------------------System Specs --------------------------------------- OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM GB x GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free Game suddenly freezes with weird colors! - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-S H x x Antivirus ESET Smart Security Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled Using Cooler Master power supply W nbsp

A:Game suddenly freezes with weird colors!

It might be overheating. Does the graphics card fan work and come up to full speed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-suddenly-freezes-with-weird-colors.169551/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a sony viao laptop and i am working on this for the past 3 years with no problems.

Today i started my laptop and my monitor started showing me white spots and the display started showing big icons and white spots.

I tried restoring the PC to the last working ,did not work.

The display is proper till windows loads, after loading it is gone

Some one please suggest what might be the problem. I have attached the screenshot also

A:Monitor display with full of white spots suddenly

that looks like you need to set the resolution and color depth to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-display-with-full-of-white-spots-suddenly.167943/
Relevancy 25.8%

Ok i got home today and my desktop comp has been off all day last night it wasnt having this problem anyway i got home turned my comp to on my refuses desktop suddenly Internet work on noticed that the power had gone out earlier today because my clock on my desk was flashing Turned on the computer cant get internet I can get wifi fine and connect to the net find on my laptop took the cable out of the desktop plugged it into my laptop and shut my wifi off and the internet worked fine Back to my desktop plugged everything back in still nothing restarted nothing disabled and enabled local area connection still nothing ran virus scans nothing The lights on the back of the comp where it plugs the ethernet into are flashing but cant get Internet suddenly refuses to work on my desktop internet Uninstalled my device driver and reinstalled on a startup nothing System restore nothing At this point i am at a loss at what to do can anyone help nbsp

A:Internet suddenly refuses to work on my desktop

I would try reinstalling the motherboard LAN driver and see if that helps. Is everything else working ok?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-refuses-to-work-on-my-desktop.167739/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all, I have just gotten a Asus P5N-E Sli mobo, installed a P4 socket 775 530 3.0Ghz, which according to the asus website is supported for this mobo. Also installed 2 GBs of ram which is recognized during POST, during POST it states the CPU correctly, amount of ram, etc., but at the bottom of the POST I get a warning that the CPU is not recognized and that I should update the BIOS to get the full power of the processor? Then it shuts down after a 30 seconds to a minute. If I go into the SETUP it will stay on for a minute then shut down. According to the BIOS it has the latest version, 1406? I am at a lose on what to do next! Help ;-)

A:Asus P5N-E SLI shutting down

It sounds like the bios settings for your memory and/or CPU are incorrect. If you are not running the bios defaults, do so. If you are running defaults, try increasing the memory voltage a bit... This may be an issue with the power supply too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-e-sli-shutting-down.166900/
Relevancy 25.37%

Well I have been playing it for about a week now and it runs smooth maxed out and 4x AA. Now all of a sudden it runs at like 3 FPs and even when I switch to low settings its 10 FPS. WTF is going on? I've tried rebooting and ending most of the big processes in task manager. Also it runs fine in single player as normal but multiplayer is totally messed up n laggy. I have current date drivers and Game Boost which helped to increase FPS a bit so could it be that? because it started the second time I used BFBC2 with gameboost on. I run it through Steam too. Please help this is annoying. Oh and if this is important when I start playing CPU usage jumps to 100%. I'm not sure if it did that before.

A:FPS lagging problem all of a sudden? (games ran smooth but suddenly lag)

wwhat are your system specs? and please try updating all your drivers before trying anything else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-lagging-problem-all-of-a-sudden-games-ran-smooth-but-suddenly-lag.164138/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have been using a Nvidia 9800 gt vid card and have really only played one game using it. Had Rift going for a few weeks running fine on high/ultra graphics. One day I hop on and the game is unplayable due to skipping. Shortly after the blue screen pops up and shuts down the computer due to nvidia failure. I update the drivers, uninstalled then reinstalled them as well. Nothing seems to work. I have completely wiped out the computer and now am back to normal except the game will not run unless on lowest graphics (and is still choppy).

Just wondering the direction i should take.

A:Rift suddenly unplayable with Nvidia 9800GT

Kind of sounds like you might have an over heating problem. Have you tried setting the fan manually? Although, if everything has been working fine up to this point it could also be a power related issue or the card itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rift-suddenly-unplayable-with-nvidia-9800gt.163496/
Relevancy 26.23%

Typing from Safe Mode My machine Asus G Jh laptop Windows -bit Home Premium SP ATI Mobility Radeon HD Intel Core i Q GHz GB RAM TB hard drive but usage Suddenly slow normal mem pre-partitioned into segments of those with about free and one nearly full not the one with the Windows etc files In a nutshell my machine only operates normally for - minutes before things rapidly slow down eventually to the point of unusability Even then my CPU usage is only and memory usage mostly from the open IE window Here s what happened and it makes no sense I usually shut off my comp at night so my scheduled am deep Suddenly slow but normal mem usage virus scan from my Viper anti-virus doesn t happen I ve had the program for a year now and have been very satisfied One night I left my computer on and in the morning discovered that the scan had apparently frozen midway and although my system wasn t technically quot frozen quot it was unusably slow I was forced to shut down the computer by holding the power button A week later yesterday I decide to try a deep virus scan again I bring up a full screen game to pass the time After a couple hours I notice my game is running slow and that my machine is a bit warm I exit and find that Viper is attempting to update itself midway through the scan even though I already saw it update when I first opened it My entire machine was terribly slow so for all intents and purposes I couldn t open or do anything else After a few minutes of no improvement I again had to shut Suddenly slow but normal mem usage down my computer by holding the power button Note that s something I almost never have to do It s a very well-behaved computer usually When I restarted I was presented with the problem I currently have after a couple of minutes everything suddenly takes - seconds to open or perform an action Soon things essentially freeze unless you are very careful only open one window and take it slow although even then things turn south eventually The end stage is when things are officially Not Responding and after - minutes of being in that state shut themselves down According to Task Manager no program is eating up all the memory or CPU As I said it reports only CPU usage and memory usage mostly by IE I was able to Google all the exe s in the Task Manager and everything SEEMS to belong In safe mode I ran a normal not deep scan with Viper which turned up nothing but some standard cookies I installed AVG Free and Malwarebytes Free and ran them both deep scan in safe mode and they both turned up exactly zero problems I used a recovery point to restore my system to a point several hours before I attempted the scan-of-doom and the problem did not go away I ran a CHKDSK myself and nothing seemed amiss If it helps my computer seems unusually warm just running in safe mode although not alarmingly so and the fan always seems to be running at max even when the temp seems fine to me I m totally stumped and would rather not send my machine away to Best Buy for a month I d really really appreciate any help or suggestions nbsp

A:Suddenly slow but normal mem usage

You may have a blocked or damaged cooling tube. I jsut replaced one on an HP nc6400.
to see if you are overheating try speedfan, you can find it at:
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-slow-but-normal-mem-usage.163115/
Relevancy 27.09%

Computer is randomly shutting off when in use I will be typing on word and it shuts off I turn it back on and listen to music a little later it shuts off use shutting randomly Computer during off again Turn it back on and leave it run for a while come back to it and move the mouse and it shuts off again I have sleep and hibernate Computer randomly shutting off during use mode shut off this PC also this PC is keep on for days When it shuts off the screen shuts of and tower shuts off and power button blinks blue Thought it was in sleep or hibernate mood so move the mouse nothing hit enter on the keyboard nothing Try pushing the power button nothing Have to turn off the power bar to restart the computer Then on boot up it says windows did not shut down properly I manage to scan the computer for virus none showed up on Bitdefender I went into bios and fans are work and CPU temp is at C which is normal The PC is an Emachine about years old with MS- motherboard and AMD Sempron processor with Vista SP on it I dont know what could be the problem with it any help suggest or idea would be great nbsp

A:Computer randomly shutting off during use

Hello, welcome to techspot. The first thing that comes to mind is the powersupply. E machines are known for having bad power supplys andi have experenced it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-shutting-off-during-use.162721/
Relevancy 27.09%

my packard bell laptop keeps shuting down.looked at fan looks good no dirt or anything.but has heat sink pads can i replace these or could i put heat sink paste on instead.i have also checked hard drive no problem there.could someone please help
solved problem it was cpu

A:My Packard Bell keeps shutting down

Go on Dos settings and check if you fan are working?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-packard-bell-keeps-shutting-down.162644/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok here s the deal Computer was randomly shutting down Did some research and seems to be with most forums and info that it s overheating or power supply issue Fixed it was a poor job on the paste on the CPU last time i ll buy a pre-built The problem While I was figuring my computer out I decided to upgrade my wifes a little I have dual Nvidia GT s and I gave her one of them switched out her ATI or Shutting down think randomly, overheating its don't PSU Installed the drivers and used driver sweeper to make sure the ATI was gone Now all of a sudden her computer is suddenly shutting off So I figured well maybe it was my graphics card so i took mine back out and put hers back in and reinstalled drivers and sweeped it it s still doing it I find it odd that mine was doing it I took a piece out of mine and put it in hers and now hers is doing it and mines working again with that GT back in and the other computer still isnt working any ideas nbsp

A:Shutting down randomly, don't think its PSU or overheating

This is a bit strange, but, most likely a problem with drivers. How did you install the driver for the Nvidia card in your wifes PC was it a download or from a disk. Also did you clean out the Nvidia driver before you re-installed the ATI and what source did the ATI driver come from.

When the Nvidia card was in your PC causing problems it may have had a bad connection which has been corrected by reseating it.

If you downloaded the driver from anywhere other than the manufacturers site you may not have the most up to date version, or if from a third party it might be infected with malware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shutting-down-randomly-dont-think-its-psu-or-overheating.160640/
Relevancy 27.52%

Why does my PC shutting down on its own? And also when I have to it turn on there's nothing on the screen.

Does my PC infected?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-keeps-shutting-down-on-its-own.162292/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello everyone i recently have had having some computer problems which i have no clue why it s happening I have looked at many other posts yet could still not fix my problem I m new to computer hardware related stuff and to will due not Computer run to program restarting or installations games computer posting I was hoping someone could help me solve this or give a general idea of what s causing this to happen Computer Specs Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz ATI RADEON HD RV XT less than one month old Gigs of DDR -SDRAM DELL KP Motherboard Problem I recently started to game a lot more on my computer and decided to get a new ATI Radeon HD My computer was working great for about two weeks and now whenever I go to load a game my computer restarts its self It also restarts its self when I try to install any Computer will not run games or program installations due to computer restarting program It stars up the game or program installer then it goes to a black screen leading to the restart The games I play range from old games such as Diablo to Bullet storm I m sure there is a chance that it s a virus so I thought I should mention that I run BitDefender deep system scan Spybot S amp D Avast and Malewarebytes every day Temperatures CPU is C idling not sure of temp right before restart GPU is c idling not sure of temp right before restart I have tried Updating all drivers on my computer Ran prime torture test for six hours with no errors nbsp

A:Computer will not run games or program installations due to computer restarting

Perhaps the power supply is not up to the task and is giving out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-run-games-or-program-installations-due-to-computer-restarting.162002/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey there I built my PC a little under a year ago Everything has been working perfectly until yesterday All of the sudden my graphics card s fan has been crazy loud Like its not a quot fan running faster that usual quot loud It sounds like its having issues running as the sound also sometimes fluctuates throbs if you know what I mean At first I could get it to stop by rocking my PC back and forth once or twice and another time I did it on accident when I started to move the PC to get ready to open it I took out the card and got rid of fan loud suddenly Graphics card as much dust as I could It worked fine again for about hours then it started up again I ve been reading on the internet where people are having the same problems and had to replace the fan I m hoping I don t have to do that as there doesn t seem to be a way to even open the graphics card up Here s Graphics card fan suddenly loud a link to a video I recorded to show people the sound youtube dot com watch v VHeqK Z x E It s a Radeon HD The noise is seriously getting irritating as I can t even use the computer without it making noises Not to mention that I m worried I ll have to spend a lot of money to take care of the issue FYI I m not very hardware savvy nbsp

A:Graphics card fan suddenly loud

Hi, to me that is common in CPU and Laptop CPU fan, it just suddenly loosens and you either need to open it and clean it or buy a new one, it happen more often in Laptops, but u should also know that will also happen if its up-side-down.
Best thing is to get a new one, but if u want you could try opening it and clean with an alcohol, then smear in a simple light grease... that will smoothen it again... but being that you are not a hardware savvy, then i thing get a new one...
Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-fan-suddenly-loud.161035/
Relevancy 24.94%

I recently bought a computer in december last year Dell Intel R Xeon R CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM Running on Windows XP professional and with blue restarting devices No screen BIOS and AHCI not problems issues installed, found, an ASUS EAH silent GB graphics card and yes all drivers are installed and up No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting to date The problem i have is that when i turn my computer on it says no devices found and that AHCI BIOS is not installed and when i am on my computer mostly when playing games No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting my screen which is an Akura quot LCD TV DVD combi goes to blue screen and says no signal and any music that was playing becomes a loud repeated thumping like when a cd gets stuck The only option i have is to turn the computer off via the on off button by holding it in until it turns off After this my computer wont restart for - tries and instead when i press the on button a small lights up on the front and it makes a second buzzing noise repeated with a second inbetween and does not load up so i have to turn it off via the button Any ideas whats wrong and what does AHCI BIOS not installed actually mean nbsp

A:No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting

Do you have a single drive or multiple drives setup in a RAID configuration? The message you are seeing is fine (and normal) if you have no RAID. It usually will just pass it so quickly that you didn't notice it was there. How long have you let the pc set at that error message?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-devices-found-ahci-bios-not-installed-blue-screen-issues-and-problems-restarting.160767/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi everyone ...
Can I pick someone's brains again please?
I have a Netgear router (WGR614UK) which, until recently was chatting away quite happily to my Belkin laptop dongle - usually establishing a strong connection. However, having not used the laptop for a month or so, the connection has now vanished ... and nothing I can do seems to restore it. Have even replaced the original Belkin with another 'Surfing' one. Choosing a wireless network comes up with my 'Automatic' connection (which doesn't do anything 'automatic' until I go searching for it), but then connection attempts show 'Waiting for the network ...' and then nothing else.
If you've seen my previous posts, I must look like (and probably am) a total dummy with these things, but I sure as hell would be grateful for help again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dongle-has-suddenly-stopped-talking-to-my-pc.160183/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi guys suddenly mic working stopped Headset I know this is my first post so I m sorry that it is to ask for help I own a set of Turtle Beach X headphones that I originally bought for use with my However I discovered I could use them for PC too so I now use them primarily for teamspeak and such To start with I had no problem setting it up Just plugged in the USB lead Headset mic suddenly stopped working mic lead into pink jack audio into green jack and everything worked fine without the need for drivers or any set up Everything has worked fine for weeks but all of a sudden my microphone is no longer detected by my PC The headset speakers work fine I can hear other Headset mic suddenly stopped working people but they cant hear me The weird thing is I can hear myself speak through the speakers when i speak into the mic so clearly it isnt a hardware issue but something else has changed by itself The only thing I did before the mic stopped working Aside from use teamspeak like normal was to install hamachi and to try and use the STEAM voice chat feature out of curiosity I first assumed that one of these had maybe interfered so I did a rollback but that didnt help I have tried all the basic stuff and am pretty sure my sound card drivers are up to date that I know of but any help would be very much appreciated P S I have an ASUS motherboard with a built in sound card Here is a dxdiag just in case it helps UPDATE I bought a cheap plug and play mic that just plugs into the mic jack to check if a new one would work Unfortunately it doesnt same problem I know the mic works since I can hear myself speaking through my speakers however my PC still doesnt recieve any input from the mic and so doesnt record any sound I only have one sound device that I can select so its not a problem with having the wrong thing selected I also have Microphone selected for recording and for playback so it is also not a problem with that Could it be a problem with my sound card I didnt think so because sound works fine and I havent had any error messages or anything Any help is appreciated guys nbsp

A:Headset mic suddenly stopped working

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/19/2011, 15:53:24
Machine name:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 752MB used, 5205MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0622&SUBSYS_238B1682&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,900
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0012.5896 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/9/2010 22:38:00, 6343040 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 7/9/2010 22:38:00, 10604128 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4562-11CF-3A62-870300C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0622
SubSys ID: 0x238B1682
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoPro... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-mic-suddenly-stopped-working.159917/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have had two Scepter X226W-1920 monitors for about a year, both operating at 1920x1080 resolution. When I turned my computer on today, the resolution for the second monitor was 1600x1200 and when I tried to change it that was the highest resolution available. Windows detects my primary monitor as "X226W-1920" but the second one shows up as "Generic Non-PnP monitor". I have updated all my drivers and restarted my computer several times. The strange part is that they have been functioning correctly for almost a year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-monitor-suddenly-the-wrong-resolution.160076/
Relevancy 26.23%

This is basically my first time ever posting in a forum so I is longer toast? detected, it HDD suddenly no apologize if I did anything wrong My problem The other day I came home and my computer was sitting at a black screen that said there was no boot media selected and that i needed to pick one I went into the BIOS and it wasn t detecting any hard drives at all I went through everything and nothing seems to be wrong in bios settings the boot order HDD suddenly no longer detected, is it toast? is set to hard drive only I tried unplugging it and switching SATA slots on my motherboard multiple HDD suddenly no longer detected, is it toast? times as well as switching to a brand new SATA cable I also switched the plug in coming from the power supply but it still doesnt work Possible causes About weeks ago i put in a new video card xfx radeon hd and have been running a and inch monitor with it a couple days after that i installed bit windows Pretty dumb that i didnt notice sooner but my main chassis fan is not working properly pretty old hdd The computer ran fine for a week after putting the new windows in my family says they never touched it so i assume their telling the truth I have some ideas as to whats wrong hoping someone could narrow it down for me new VidCard overheated motherboard somehow seems unlikely tho cuz everything seems to be working fine except the sata hard drive hdd overheated is it possible for the end of the cord that supplys power to the hard drive to come unplugged inside the power supply with new hardware power supply was struggling and something failed in it hdd fried its about - yrs old so wouldnt be suprised delayed compatibility issue with windows many of those are very unlikely just looking for suggestions as to where the problem is and what to do Im using an asus p q pro motherboard gb corsair ddr ram seagate barracuda gb hdd intel duo ghz cpu coolermaster case not sure what voltage is on power supply also more question if i buy a new hdd is my windows code used up or will it work again with the new hdd cause that would really suck if it didnt Sorry I typed so much trying to make it easy thanks for any suggestions nbsp

A:HDD suddenly no longer detected, is it toast?

You should probably find out how many watts your PSU is. Your card has a bit of a draw on it.

If you get a new hard drive you won't have a problem with installing Windows. First time I reinstalled, I just had to call some phone number for an automated activation, second time, didn't even need to do that.

You'll probably do ok with getting a new hard drive, but if you have another one you can use, just to check that its the HD not the mobo, that would be better.

Do you have any heat monitoring software installed? If not, you should install one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-suddenly-no-longer-detected-is-it-toast.159522/
Relevancy 25.37%

A couple of days ago my laptop started powering off suddenly One second it s on and the next no hard drive activity no screen no nothing This happens in an instant and without warning no blue screen Starting yesterday the problem got worse doesn't powers suddenly laptop Mysterious turn off on / - problem After the power cut out I would have Mysterious laptop problem - powers off suddenly / doesn't turn on trouble starting the computer up again Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn t When it did work I sometimes got as far as the Windows login screen When I hit a key to begin typing my password or swiped my finger on the fingerprint scanner the power cut out Today it seems to have gotten even worse Sometimes the startup process doesn t even get as far as the Windows login A couple of times today I pushed Power got the the Windows Startup Error screen selected to resume Windows as normal and bam Power s off Now this gets even more mysterious Sometimes I push the power button after one of these instances and nothing happens Sometimes I push the power button and the power light comes on and then the fan but no hard drive activity Dead Sometimes the computer won t start up at all unless I remove the battery pull the plug wait a few seconds and then try again Even stranger I have the computer on right now It s been on for hours and it s working fine I m afraid to turn it off or put it to sleep because I know it might not start up again If you are thinking overheating is the source of the problem as of right now after being on for hours each of my two processors is running at deg C and deg C which I don t think is very hot I ve been using computers for years and I ve never seen anything like this Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you Specs Sony Vaio VGN-Z US CTO Core Duo P GHz GB DDR GB RPM HDD MB nVidia M GS GPU quot x Windows Ultimate nbsp

A:Mysterious laptop problem - powers off suddenly / doesn't turn on

You say it works when you take the battery out, do you have the AC adapter plugged in, if so it sounds like a battery problem get someone to check your battery out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mysterious-laptop-problem-powers-off-suddenly-doesnt-turn-on.157648/
Relevancy 26.66%

Computer specifications:

Operating System
MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz 44 °C
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DP35DP (J1PR)
Graphics
M208WA @ 1280x960
512MB GeForce 8800 GT (Undefined) 53 °C
ForceWare version 258.96
Hard Drives and Optical drives
ATAPI DVD A DH20A3H
JEL 5QN856V4 SCSI CdRom Device

Problem:

My computer keeps restarting for no apparent reason. I've performed a memtest, It passed. When I leave my computer on, doing nothing, it doesn't restart.

I've reinstalled my PC, formatting it completely, didn't help.

I've unchecked the "Automatically restart PC on error" and no BSOD shows up.

It's not overheating, since I've got a little monitor on my computer box, always monitoring the CPU heat, and it's always 40-50 degrees celsius.

Any idea what could be done?

A:Windows XP restarting randomly (not overheat)

If NOT using keyboard but just browsing, etc with mouse, does this happen?

Or the alternative (typing a bunch, no mouse).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-restarting-randomly-not-overheat.156810/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok, this problem just happened now and i dont know why but once in a while, the mouse just suddenly stops responding. The light in the mouse appears but it wont respond!! Right now it works but it might happen again. Please help. thanks

A:Mouse suddenly stops...

Mouse problem

If you have wireless mouse, check the batteries are good.
If you have a wired mouse, can you try a different one, to test if the wire has broken inside the lead ? If you use a mouse mat, try using a different one with a white colour surface, (not a colour picture on it).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-suddenly-stops.153463/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey I recently got a new Dell Laptop It s nearly a month old and I ve been having issues with the system randomly shutting down on me and automatically rebooting up again after its shut down Which I suppose is more like a restart Anyone have any idea why it s New laptop is for obvious shutting down no Dell reason? doing this up to a few times a day since my laptop is on for at least hours It could be overheating but it doesn t feel that hot at the time it restarts New Dell laptop is shutting down for no obvious reason? Is there a possible setting that may be turned on or something that makes it automatically restart every now and then that I should look for or change I wouldn t be surprised since it s new that there may be automatic settings that need changing or something It doesn t put up a warning or anything before it restarts it just does it at anytime which is particularly annoying if i m in the middle of something and it dies so I m constantly having to save work I ve got a few years warranty on it if I need to take it back for repairs But it d be much easier if i can figure it out here and now rather than wait for it to be put in for repairs for a few weeks and then get it back S New Dell laptop is shutting down for no obvious reason? nbsp

A:New Dell laptop is shutting down for no obvious reason?

It sounds like a heat issue. heat will make a system shut down fast. Make sure you are running this on a hard surface; not on the carpet, on the bed, or other soft surfaces. Get a cooling pad and tell us if the issue persists. Check the vents to make sure there is no dust build-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-dell-laptop-is-shutting-down-for-no-obvious-reason.154883/
Relevancy 25.8%

I take a lot of pictures and a significant portion of my workflow for processing them involves loading them onto my laptop organizing them into folders burning them onto a blank DVD as a back up and then transferring them to my main computer which I do all my editing on via the DVD I ve been doing this for the past with no problems up until now Starting a day or two whenever getting contents DVD-Rs to Suddenly desktop copying errors of ago I can t seem to copy the contents of any of my burned DVD-Rs to my computer without getting one Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop of these two error messages Error Copying File or Folder Cannot copy filename The request could not be performed because of an I O device error Click to expand -or- Error Copying File or Folder Cannot copy filename The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid Click to expand The copying process goes smoothly for the first or so gigs out of and the disc spinning can Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop be heard but then it goes silent and the copying goes much slower eventually stopping entirely and giving me one of those errors I googled both error Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop messages but couldn t find much that applied to my situation copying files from dvd-rs to a desktop and I m not sure what they mean or what to do about them Any help would be much appreciated Btw OS is Windows XP Pro SP nbsp

A:Suddenly getting errors whenever copying contents of DVD-Rs to desktop

Either the discs/burns are bad or your DVD drive laser is having issues reading the discs. I would suggest trying a different optical drive and see if you have the same issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-getting-errors-whenever-copying-contents-of-dvd-rs-to-desktop.155638/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all,
So i have a laptop. It's an HP pavilion, with windows vista home premium, 4g of memory, ATI-Radeon 3200 HD graphics (not sure if my graphics is relevent). I was playing Star Wars on Steam, and it kept crashing (steam) so i restarted my computer. It logged in as the "default profile" or whatever and all my icons were big and my background changed to one of vista's. So i restarted again and now it doesn't let me log in. it has my profile picture and name, and i'm pretty sure the password is the same too, but i type in my password and it says "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded." i restarted it again and this problem still exists. What does this mean? How do i log in? will windows XP fix this problem?

A:Restarting restricts me from logging on?

Eh ... perhaps I am jumping the gun on this one, but the log-on error may be due to a virus. The large icons and background image change lead me to wonder if your PC was having an issue with your video card.

One thing to try is to restart the PC and keep hitting the appropriate F key to specify how Windows is to be booted up. An option should read something like "boot Windows from the last known good configuration". That might fix the odd, seemingly video card related issues with Steam crashing and the large icons.

The log-on error concerns me though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarting-restricts-me-from-logging-on.153930/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello,

Till yesterday, my LG Studioworks 700S CRT monitor was working fine. Today morning when I switched on the PC, the monitor screen's display turned concave [screen display is curved inwards].

I have tried all the settings from the monitors front panel [i.e. the buttons of the monitor], but the diplay just doesnt change! I have also restarted the PC twice, unplugged and plugged all the cables, but of no use!
I have tried the Pincushion settings, i'm not able to make changes in them. Its not accepting any changes! Pls help to solve the problem in some other way.

What can be the problem?! Why this has happened suddenly?

I work for the whole day on my PC, so pls help me urgent as i'm not able to continue with my work!

A:CRT display suddenly concave

if you mean it looks like a time-glass, it's dying, and there is probably no way to fix your monitor.
you need to buy a new monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crt-display-suddenly-concave.153413/
Relevancy 26.66%

I was traveling several weeks ago and all of a sudden my speakers stopped working (around the same time I could no longer download Windows updates -- Broni worked with me on that and I am malware free and currently updated). I hooked up some external speakers and they don't work either. I don't even get the Windows sound when I boot up. I checked devices looking for that yellow triangle with the black exclamation point but there is no such thing.

Any suggestions on how I can find out what is wrong?

Thank you.

A:Suddenly, no sound

My sound device is "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-no-sound.152678/
Relevancy 25.37%

Ok so, I was playing an online game on my HP Pavillion 6500 when suddenly a purple screen with pixilated squares appears. I reboot the laptop and now when it's starting up all I see is strange pixilated screens (usually black, with squares) similar to TV static. It does not respond to any input and doesn't get to the windows logon screen. I have tried connecting the laptop to a external monitor, but it seems that the laptop doesn't recognise it.

I'm just wondering what hardware part has died and what the problem might be?

A:Laptop suddenly has strange pixilated patterns & not responding at all

It sounds very much like your onboard graphics chip has died to me. Unfortunatly with laptops it usualy is a matter of replacing the whole motherboard.

You could try a cmos reset, which i think is done by removing the battery and holding down the power button for 5 or so seconds. Also make sure there is no dust or crap blocking any of your vents, and a good blast of compressed air cant hurt.

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-has-strange-pixilated-patterns-not-responding-at-all.152845/
Relevancy 26.23%

hey

this just happened

my computer wont play compressed wav files anymore. it suddenly happened when I was playing around with Fl studio. first i thought that this program was failing, but then I've found out that even VLC won't play them.
then I Google it, downloaded some different codec's, but no. still no luck.

what have I missed?

A:Suddenly wav files problem

What program have you installed recently? This may be due to a codec conflict.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-wav-files-problem.152165/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,

I was playing counter stirke but suddenly I got a black screen and on it: "cannot display this video mode, change copmuter display to [email protected]"
But I was playing with a resolution of something with 1600.
I have a Philips 220E LCD.

Someone help me please..

A:Suddenly black screen

Boot into Safe Mode with VGA capabilities. Uninstall present graphics drivers and do a fresh install of the latest ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-black-screen.151805/
Relevancy 26.23%

yesterday everything was working fine this morning i turned on my computer and it booted correctly but when it got to my desktop neither my mouse nor kjeyboard were working just a unresponsive and suddenly mouse Keyboard few notes -i have windows xp profesional -my mouse uses usb port -my keyboard uses ps port keep in mind the keyboard works only before it reaches my desktop i have already tried -rebooting many many times -making sure the keyboard and mouse were plugged into the right spots -using my brothers mouse and keyboard -went into bios -repairing windows from cdrom SOOO now its installing windows like its supposed to be BUT MY MOUSE STILL WONT WORK and some Keyboard and mouse suddenly unresponsive pop up popped up saying something about a software without a liscene and if i want to continue setup anyway and i cant click yes or no so its just stuck at quot setup will complete in minutes quot and i dont know what to do someone please help nbsp

A:Keyboard and mouse suddenly unresponsive

First, try a different mouse and keyboard. Also, try an old keyboard and mouse in PS/2 slots... as a test.

We are astonished by so many failures of USB mouse and keyboard configurations... There are now so many that don't last longer than a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-suddenly-unresponsive.151609/
Relevancy 38.7%

Ok I ve got a ECS k m m-m AMD gig ram radeon pci-e Ok here it goes i shut my computer down unplugged it then took out the heatsink fan cuz i bought a new fan to put in I changed the fan then put it back in Turned it on and it got to the xp loading window then restarted The next time it brought me to quot Safemode - start Restarting restarting... frig restarting restarting windows normally etc i select quot start normally quot and again Restarting restarting restarting restarting... frig it restarts this time i select quot safe mode quot and again it loads a bit then restarts So this time i try and go into the bios and quot load defaults quot for shits and giggles and before i can even exit and save the bios it restarts again on me So it s gotta be hardware i m thinking I remove vid card and use onboard video and the same thing happens just restarts so i remove a stick of ram and swap out both and the same thing happens Restarting restarting restarting restarting... frig It s really weird i can turn it on now and it won t load anything and just keep restarting Restarting restarting restarting restarting... frig but restarts later it will load to the xp screen wtf Now that i m looking at the mobo i do notice capacitors are kinda bulging out there not completely flat like the rest but there not cracked or anything Could that be an issue I m frustrated right now all i did was change a fan and put it back in Didn t touch the cpu or any wires it was working fine nbsp

A:Restarting restarting restarting restarting... frig

Could be...
But is is much more likely that you erred on the reinstall of the heatsink and/or fan or other component.
Did it require you use thermal paste?
Remove and retry... being very conscious of even the little points...
It is likely detecting or not detecting something important.
You probably got a check list with the cpu cooler/heatsink/cpu fan package, follow it exactly next time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarting-restarting-restarting-restarting-frig.148992/
Relevancy 26.66%

For the last year or so restarting address computer without won't IP renew my laptop has taken up dropping the internet connection working with either a wireless or wired connection to the router about every - or so hours it seems to vary and no matter what I do my laptop will not renew the IP address unless I restart my computer It still communicates with the router home network I can still use the printer on our network but refuses to connect to the internet without restarting the computer I have checked that all my internet connections are set to automatic and have tried going into the command prompt and releasing renewing the ip address but this does not work It will not renew the ip address I have to restart the computer every time and occasionally I have to IP address won't renew without restarting computer restart the computer two or three times before it will pick up an ip address All of the other computers on the network work fine wireless or wired Even when our other wireless IP address won't renew without restarting computer computer looses the router signal it will renew its ip address with no problem Only my laptop is doing this Any other suggestions other than setting the network connections to automatic and or using command prompt to renew the ip address nbsp

A:IP address won't renew without restarting computer

What router or routers are you connecting too? Just to confirm this happens to you if your using a wireless or wired connection? Does your network administrator at your work know your using your laptop? Does this only occur at work?

Just thinking out loud until more info is given:
It sounds like the other computers on your network connect and disconnect often, however your laptop is the only computer having trouble reconnecting. The router may be setup to assign identification numbers (for lack of better word) to each computer that connects to it. Duplicates assigned numbers with other computers can cause this. But if your laptop is the only one experiencing other problems then I doubt it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-address-wont-renew-without-restarting-computer.149899/
Relevancy 25.37%

As the title says my wireless internet access has very suddenly stopped working The last time I used it sometime last night maybe hours ago it was working fine This morning I wake suddenly working access stops Internet Wireless up and it simply won t work The only thing I did was turn my computer off before going to bed and it had been off until this morning when I turned it on and it wouldn t work The thing that confuses me the most about this is from Wireless Internet access suddenly stops working the moment it was working to the moment it wasn t working I m sure it was completely powered down that whole time I ve restarted and rebooted every piece of hardware multiple times already From what I can tell the problem appears to be with my computer only since no one else or any other computer in my house appears to be affected Inspiron running Windows bit Some other facts I can connect to the internet perfectly if I plug in with an ethernet cable I can connect to my router and access its firmware and can see my computer as connected to the router Other laptops have no problem connecting wirelessly to the internet on the same wireless network Wireless adapter Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-card Wireless adapter driver version Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - B- -AA-EA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc a ef e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Tuesday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-BB-DD- - D- - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Let me know if you need any other information nbsp

A:Wireless Internet access suddenly stops working

Do you have a LAN connection icon in the taskbar notifications? Right click on it and troubleshoot it. Windows 7 might be able to repair the connection. If you don't have an icon in the taskbar, go to the Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-access-suddenly-stops-working.148749/
Relevancy 27.52%

my NEC i-Select M4610 laptop keeps shutting down it trys to start up again but with no sucsses its only recently started doing this and the only change ive made is to get BT broad band. it works fine in work so its not a case of over heating ive evan reset back to factory settings and started again with no change ive replaced the power pack with a new one and i have tryed direct to power socket without the battery as i know its knackerd it no longer holds a charge but i still get the same thing it somtimes makes it as far as getting my dek top up but not for long and it starts shutting down and starting up again. can anybody help its starting to get annoying now.

A:Laptop shutting down

Hard drive failure, memory failure, dirt-dust-lint in cooling fan, or other hardware failures can be causes of this problem. It can take some time to track it down... Also can be an infestation, bad cable to power block, damaged connector or socket, or defective CMOS battery. Sometimes, the screen inverter causes this when it goes bad... have you had any flickering or darkening of images on the screen.

First, try to start in <SAFE MODE>

If you can, go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager and look for red, yellow, or black flags by any of the devices listed... that will give you a clue as to where to start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-shutting-down.148472/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello out there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100 series Laptop that keeps shutting off when windows starts. I am able to log in through safe mode and safe mode with network. But whenever I let the system start normally it shuts off. I have recently changed the battery. I got my new battery fully charged and had no problems starting the computer. I turned the computer on using battery power only and it worked till it ran out of juice. But again it has reverted to shutting off when I log into my account and I can't seem to charge the battery back up or get any power from the power supply.

Is this a connection problem with my power supply or is something wrong with my motherboard?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Laptop shutting off suddenly

Ok. New information. Looks like if I start my system with the AC power only, it works. But if I start my system with battery then it shuts off and I cant get it to power up at all. Seems like there was a short and the system needs to wait a few minutes to re-boot. That's how I see it not what it's actually happening.
If I start my laptop with only AC power and log in and then put the battery in, I can disconnect the AC and the battery takes over and everything is fine. I know it's bad to connect the battery once the system is on, but that's the only way I found it would work.

Any thoughts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-shutting-off-suddenly.148580/
Relevancy 26.66%

Turned on my Asus netbook and just keeps restarting, so it wont get any further than the windows loading screen.

has been working fine for at least a year and have made no changes to it.

Also will not let me go into safe mode, so cannot do anything!

pressed f2 and tried rebooting, this made no change..

not sure what to do.. dont know a huge amount about computers!

any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-restarting-on-windows-loading-screen.148367/
Relevancy 27.52%

suddenly when am using my computer playing online game, it restart after that it keep on restarting i even change my video card thinking it maybe the cause of the problem, but it keep on restarting again i have limited knowledge in computer please help me guys

A:My computer keep on restarting

Download HWMonitor to monitor your system temperatures. High CPU temps may cause a system to restart.

Does your system reboot only while playing games or randomly?

Also give us the specs of your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-keep-on-restarting.147169/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, my sound has suddenly stopped working. It was fine last night, but when I came home today it wasn't working. I tried plugging in headphones into the audio jack and still no sound. Right now I'm using hdmi cables.

Can someone please post some suggestions as to what I should do to further diagnose the problem?

I'm using windows 7.

[EDIT]

Oh and everything says I have sound. What I mean is, when I am playing a video with sound and I watch the system sound control, the sound gauge lights up in accordance to the video.

A:Suddenly no audio

Is this a desktop or laptop computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-no-audio.147060/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I have this problem every time when i start a game it keeps restarting when PC playing game? restarting keeps PLEASE HELP I ALMOST TRYED EVERYTHING History year ago When i connected my GFX in my pc it made a strange noise like sharp if i ran a game So i was looking for what was making that sound It was the Gfx Fan Anyway months later after playing tons of games It restarted once in a week while playing a game ofc month later everyday once month now it restarts every time when i play a game So today PC keeps restarting when playing game? i reinstalled windows xp So i did a few steps PC keeps restarting when playing game? Step Remove dust So i cleaned every part of my computer with compressed air dust remover PC keeps restarting when playing game? After that i tryed to play my game again BOOM it restarted right away So i searched on forums for some tips I saw something about overheathing Step So i bought fans and placed in the direction of my GFX and the other one to my cpu The moment of truth BOOM it restarted I was really sad Step So i brought it to Store THEY SAID IT WORKS FINE so i went to their store and played mins on my own pc And everything was fine I was really really happy so i went home and connected everything and BOOM restarted again Step I went to my control panel --- gt system and removed the X from Restarting It could gave me a blue screen after it restarts But it gave me nothing Step Checking for virus Checking my event log I found loads of thing in my event log about Service control manager wich sended a alert to my Alert service lol Btw I found no virus Step Returning to the store So i was there but the guy who repairs computers comes an hour later So i conected their cabels on my pc and started my pc So i checked if it still works in this store But when i started my game BOOM it restarted So i went home Next day the store called me And told me that its fixed again THIS TIME I AsKED WHAT THEY DID They said nothing it worked just like that I Said how long is it working now They said hours WTTTFFFF I brought it home and conected everything Started the game and it didn t restart Next day i wanted to play my game And BOOM restarts AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH So my brother told me mamby its your game So i installed loads of other games and it is still the same problem whit every game So i went to a forum and i read something about emerency shutdown temputure in PC health in BIOS I went to my BIOS and i didnt found this quot Pc health quot Step I went to an other forum and read something about fan speed That you can change it whit an software I tryed that but still same fan speed I also tryed thing whit Speedfan But every thing is cooled and not overheated I think there are things that might solve this problem Update my bios and find that Pc health thing MY GFX is totally broke im afraid that if i buy an new gfx that its still not solved And im not that rich If you need any of my System information please ask me what things u need to know PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME PS Sorry for my english Im not english but dutch nbsp

A:PC keeps restarting when playing game?

Hi bramie,

No need to apologize for your English - it is better than some of the native speakers! lol

I think that you need to work through a process of elimination with this. What was different when the PC was at the store?

ie. When your PC is at home, what items do you have plugged in that you did not take to the store?

This would be my first thought. Also, if the PC is restarting, Windows is probably creating a mini-dump file for debugging (C:\Windows\minidump\) . This may help to find the problem, so if you have any, please post them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-keeps-restarting-when-playing-game.146901/
Relevancy 26.23%

This has happened before from the same thing - running the popup window from Live365.com to listen to streaming radio.

Sound crashes for whatever reason I cannot fathom and a reboot usually fixes the issue.

Not so this time. I even updated my Realtek HD audio driver. I have rebooted 3-4 times now, no joy. And no sound.

Here's my dxdiag attached

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I have checked the control panel device manager, everything is fine. No exclamation points, no indication the sound is not working. The driver says it is working. The sound controls are not muted.

I do not use speakers. I have audio in my monitor, but I rarely use it. I always use ear plugs/headphones

A:Sound suddenly does not work

No one can help me? Please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-suddenly-does-not-work.145951/
Relevancy 25.37%

Basically my computer is linked to the internet via a wireless router and has all of a sudden become really slow at browsing There are other browsing One network on suddenly slow? wireless my is computer computers connected to the network in this house and one more that is linked to the router All of these computers are fine and have no problems at all I One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow? used to have no trouble browsing One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow? but things have become so slow lately that I get constant disconnects from Windows Live Messenger Facebook struggles to load I can t even use YouTube anymore Yet all of the other computers are fine I did upgrade to Windows months or so back and I replaced the network card in this PC a couple of months ago but its only been since last week that I ve been having these problems I have always had a decent - bars on the network signal icon but this sometimes drops to bars - which it never used to do What makes it more suspicious is that the router is only in the room next door and I have a long range adaptor The last time I had a disconnect on the computer I switched to my phone s Wi-Fi and it couldn t find the router for a while Yet all the other computers are working fine still Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem I m very capable with computers in general and I have kept this machine in very good working order so I m sure it s not a virus and I wouldn t have thought it to be a registry corruption or anything like that but this really has me stumped Thanks for any help nbsp

A:One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow?

Download and install the free copy of IOBIT Advance System Care. Once install it will start scanning for stuff then you click on repair and it will backup files then clean and fix. There are two buttons. One on the top and the one on the right. Need to run. If you install and run it, report back on it's findings.

Rule #1 Check system out
Rule #2 Check to see if Windows 7 update re-patch your wireless driver lately
Rule #3 Disable onboard Wireless and use USB wireless adapter and see what you get

Rule 1 and 3 should done. 3 is if the other two rules didn't show anything different?

Router brand, firmware check, an etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-my-wireless-network-is-suddenly-browsing-slow.145689/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey everyone,

My laptop (i'm not sure the make or model matters) suddenly died, it was working fine one minute, left the room for around 30 seconds, came back and has seemingly has no power. The machine has been running purely off the power adapter because there is no battery. There's no lights on, indicating an electrical connection; it's completely dead. I used a phase tester to confirm a good power adapter, so the problem seems to be with the computer. I don't think the electrical input socket (?) is at fault cos it's not loose.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe it has something to do with that internal coin-shaped battery?

I'd really appreciate any help because i'm completely at a loss as to what i should do next...

Thanks!

A:ZE4500 Laptop Suddenly died, lights out, no sign of life, boo

Could be a dry joint on power connector, underside motherboard try wiggling to see if you get some response, coin battery is only to retain CMOS information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ze4500-laptop-suddenly-died-lights-out-no-sign-of-life-boo.144237/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all First post I have a Verbatim Store n Go GB USB drive that I have had for about a year All has worked fine up until today I was using it for a while went out came home and decided I needed to take some important info off of it I plug it in it lights up and the icon shows up on the taskbar that is used for ejecting it But it won t come up in the My Computer folder so needless to say I could not access whats on the drive It did however work on my Vista Laptop at first Well now it will not even light up let alone get recognized by both computers XP and Vista I have vacation pictures on there school work documents and other important info that I have recieved since I got it And figures it happens as I am in the process of transferring everything over to my newly purchased external drive This was the next thing on the list and I am hoping there is still a chance to revive it I don t really care if I have to replace it as long as I can transfer the stuff off it first I have no idea what happened It was working about hours ago working Go not USB suddenly Verbatim Store n 16GB drive before I went out I came back plugged it in and it Verbatim Store n Go 16GB USB drive suddenly not working is no longer working I am very causious about removing it and I always make sure I get the message that Verbatim Store n Go 16GB USB drive suddenly not working I can safely Verbatim Store n Go 16GB USB drive suddenly not working remove it If someone could please help me out I would really appreciate that Thanks Bill nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/verbatim-store-n-go-16gb-usb-drive-suddenly-not-working.144022/