Windows Support Forum

Unable to install OS onto new SSD I put in the M.2 slot

Q: Unable to install OS onto new SSD I put in the M.2 slot

Hi, I just got a new Optiplex 5040 and physically installed the Samsung 950 Pro SSD in the m.2 slot, and I see it in boot sequence (when legacy option is chosen), but not when UEFI is chosen....so right now it's in legacy mode...but I don't see the drive under Drives M.2 PCIe SSD...
I simply want to install Windows 10 on this SSD as the boot...AHCI is on, what do I do??

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984978
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to install OS onto new SSD I put in the M.2 slot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I am Tushar, recently i have purchased a 2nd hand PC from my freind i.e. HP elite 8100 SFF PC. I have noticed that there was a vga card (Pegatron) installed in the system and i am using the card for the display. Because of the VGA card i am unable to start Graphic software i.e. Adobe Photoshop, & normal games which starts in minimal cofiguration but an error comes while starting the apps (Video memory is low 14mb).  I have formated the system twice and tried to start the motherboard VGA slot but it was unsuccessfull, I had also reset the bios setting but still facing the same problem.  Please help me to enable the Motherbord VGA slot.  Regards, Tushar Sarge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Unable-to-get-display-from-Motherboards-VGA-slot/td-p/5654570
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I am Tushar, recently i have purchased a 2nd hand PC from my freind i.e. HP elite 8100 SFF PC. I have noticed that there was a vga card (Pegatron) installed in the system and i am using the card for the display. Because of the VGA card i am unable to start Graphic software i.e. Adobe Photoshop, & normal games which starts in minimal cofiguration but an error comes while starting the apps (Video memory is low 14mb).  I have formated the system twice and tried to start the motherboard VGA slot but it was unsuccessfull, I had also reset the bios setting but still facing the same problem.  Please help me to enable the Motherbord VGA slot.  Regards, Tushar Sarge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Unable-to-get-display-from-Motherboards-VGA-slot/td-p/5654570
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi
Just received my new e5470 with 4GB RAM, I wanted to upgrade to 16GB (2x8GB) which I have from my previous laptop. I found only one slot underneath, the usual place for the 2nd slot next to it does not have the slot set up and it is blank. I have also removed and checked under the keyboard but it was not there either.
The BOIS setup stated that I have two slots, one is 8GB which is I know I have (I changed the 4GB which came originally with one of the two 8GB that I have) and the other is "not slotted" which I am unable to locate.
Does anyone know where is the other slot located?
Thank you

A:Unable to find the 2nd RAM slot Dell Latitude e5470

The manual will have that info. It is most likely under the 4 gb. 
www.dell.com/.../Removing-the-memory-module

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987326
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi nbsp I just reveiced my Lenovo Thinkpad x AL AAU with SD card reader integrated nbsp I inserted an SD card standard size nbsp and the card is read properly I Unable card - extract x240 - slot Reader to SD can access all the files and I can x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card write on it nbsp The problem is that I cannot extract the card from the x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card SD card slot nbsp If I right-click on SD card in My Computer and choose eject it says that it is safe to remove the card If I select Safely remove Hardware and eject media it tells me that it is safe to remove it but the card is stuck inside nbsp I read somewhere to press the card until I hear a click but I cannot hear any click nbsp Also the card is unreachable inside the slot I cannot grab it to pull it I can only press it a little bit with the x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card nail it goes one milimiter inside but I don't hear any click nbsp I have called the technical support and they were absolutely unable to help me They did not even know how the system is supposed to work so they just suggest to send back the laptop to be repaired and have a technician nbsp retrieve my SD card from inside The first day nbsp Can anybody with knowledge about how this system works let me know if I am missing something or if my SD card reader is faulty nbsp Thank you Solved Go to Solution

A:x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card

I was able to "fix" the problem.I had to use a niddle to remove the SD card, then I checked that something metal-ish was hanging inside the SD card slot so i push it to follow its natural position and then I tried to insert the SD card again.This time I could hear the click and when pressing it the SD card jumps out properly.PS: In order to replace the SIM card I had to poke inside the SIM slot hole a small screw driver and the SIM slot pulled out.PROBLEM SOLVED

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x240-SD-Reader-slot-Unable-to-extract-card/td-p/1483978
Relevancy 50.74%

The company I consult for recently purchased a HP Slimline Desktop -a It comes standard with slots for RAM This is a mini-pc so it uses the smaller laptop ram The PC comes stock with gb stick of ram found in slot nbsp Upon attempting to add an additional stick into slot the computer lights Slot issue HP RAM Slimeline t... connect Unable 2 to - 411-a024 will turn on and the hard drive will spin as if booting up but no connection will be made to the monitor At first I thught it was the RAM upgrade but that proved HP Slimeline 411-a024 RAM Slot 2 issue - Unable to connect t... not to be the case due to the fact that the nd stick of RAM works just HP Slimeline 411-a024 RAM Slot 2 issue - Unable to connect t... fine in slot and the original RAM that came with the PC does NOT work if placed in slot In fact if ANY piece of RAM is placed into slot the computer is unable to establish a connection with the monitor Additionally if slot is left empty and RAM is placed in slot the same error occurs I've checked the BIOS settings and I see no relavant settings for activating the nd slot of RAM I also don't see any switches or problems on the motherboard itself causing problems and I havn't been able to find someone with this exact problem online for this PC That being said this problem must be common due to the fact that upon not being able to succeed in making the RAM upgrade I had an identical replacement from HP ordered and the exact same problem is occuring The Stock piece of RAM that came with the PC is labeled GB RX PC L- s- - -B The nd piece of RAM I have is labeled gb Rx PC L- s- - -F Am I doing something wrong Can anyone offer advice on this It would be much appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Slimeline-411-a024-RAM-Slot-2-issue-Unable-to-connect-to/td-p/5811563
Relevancy 50.31%

I insert card but the relative drive does not open. However I can (I think as it worked last time) make the transfers via a standalone card reader and usb.

Any idea what could be causing the problem? Please!

A:Unable to xfer files from SD card to computer via built in slot

Hi there ... Your Internal Card Reader does not recognize your SD card ? .. Are there any errors in the Device Manager ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307748-unable-xfer-files-sd-card-computer-via-built-slot.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Oh i am going to get a pci slot fan to regulate the air around my very hot pci video card. It has a fan and heat sink but its very odd and makes fnny noises from time to time so im just waiting for it to quit. So what is the correct way to install a pci slot fan? and which is the best? as in a pci exhaust fan or a pci fan that regulates the air..

A:Correct way to install a pci slot fan

If there is such a thing

larryiam said:

Oh i am going to get a pci slot fan to regulate the air around my very hot pci video card. It has a fan and heat sink but its very odd and makes fnny noises from time to time so im just waiting for it to quit. So what is the correct way to install a pci slot fan? and which is the best? as in a pci exhaust fan or a pci fan that regulates the air..Click to expand...

Follow the installation directions that come with it.
But fans are usually Case Fans.Theres holes to screw them to.
One again : Read your motherboard manual. pci slots are for devices like
sound cards(not fans)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-way-to-install-a-pci-slot-fan.107079/
Relevancy 48.59%

Can i install a AGP 2x Video Card Into a Agp 1x slot ??

A:Can i install a AGP 2x Video Card Into a Agp 1x slot ??

They're supposed to be backwards compatible, so the answer should be yes. I have seen some newer motherboards that only accept the 1.5v AGP cards, so they wouldn't function with older AGP cards, but that's not your situation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-install-a-agp-2x-video-card-into-a-agp-1x-slot.118001/
Relevancy 48.16%

It came with a DDR4 RAM. I want to add a RAM in the 2nd slot. I contacted the tech support and they said that I can install DDR3 RAM in the additional slot. But the shop from where I bought advised me not to do so. Notebook : HP Pavilion AU-084tx.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-install-DDR3-RAM-in-the-additional-RAM-slot-in-my/td-p/5778853
Relevancy 47.73%

I plug data cord into the SATA 2 slot. When I turned on the computer the drive sshowed up that it was only 746.39GB.  Does my mother board model MS-7613 (lona-GL8E) support a 3TB Sata HD. I'm just wanting to use the drive as storage. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-install-a-3TB-Segate-HD-in-my-expansion-slot-Plug-data/td-p/5797527
Relevancy 47.73%

HI,
I'm having problems after moving my GC to a higher slot on my Asus z87 sabertooth motherboard
You might know the card is quite big ,when i built it i installed it in the slot which was just above the PSU.
So, to give the fans more breathing space i move it.
now when it boots theres no card and it installs the standard VGA drivers.
Nothing in device manager or anything
Any ideas pls??
I thought of a bios reset or maybe a fresh install?
Do you think these might help??

A:Install GTX780 in Other PCIE Slot, Card not found??

Hi Gaz, ideally any gpu should be installed in the top slot, is this the slot it is in now?

You could try re-seating the card to make sure it is definitely located correctly.
Yes you could also try resetting the bios. I would not bother with a clean install of windows though as I doubt that would change anything.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/307308-install-gtx780-other-pcie-slot-card-not-found.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a AMD Dual slot video card on my Asus M A X-Evo Motherboard It is installed in the first x slot and I also have a PCI-e x XF-I Titanium Sound card The problem I am having is that one of the x slots is covered by the video card and the nd one is open but right smack below the Video card My Video card is the Sapphire slot Question PCI-e dual below slot card video about GHz Edition non OC Attached is a picture of what I am trying to explain My other question is Will this cause issues since one of the GPU fans is semi covered Its it recommended Last question If I move this to one of the x slots below on my motherboard will it cause my x PCI-E slot to slow down Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Computer Specs - Asus M A x-Evo Motherboard AM AMD FX Core Ghz Sapphire AMD Radeon GHz Edition GB GB DDR Kingston HyperX memory x GB GB WD Black Edtion SATA HD TB WD Black Edtion SATA HD Sound Blaster XF-I Titanium PCI-E x Sound Card Thremaltake Bronze PS Smart Series DVDRW SATA DVD-ROM SATA nbsp

A:Question about PCI-e slot below dual slot video card

My opinion ...

Yes, setting up like that will have an impact. The air flow to your GPU will be restricted so it will more than likely run hotter than it did. It may still stay withing recommended specs, but it will run hotter.

The motherboard has onboard sound (RealtekŪ ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ), any particular reason why you don't use that? Onboard sound is perfectly good for gaming and the like now, its not like older machines where you needed a dedicated card for decent quality. In my opinion, you only need a dedicated card if you are doing a lot of detailed audio work (mixing, remastering and other specific audio work). This would totally remove the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-pci-e-slot-below-dual-slot-video-card.1092148/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm using Windows Professional bit with an ASUS P H -M PRO motherboard I'm trying to install an ASUS HD video card I've tried both the drivers on the CD that came with the card and the latest version from ASUS's website When I use the CD the error is quot Driver Install the installation failed quot When I install the drivers via Device Manager the error is quot The operation returned because the timeout period expired quot It takes about minutes to attempt to install during which time nothing is happening according to Task Manager The card does function with the quot Video Controller VGA Compatible quot drivers but obviously not very well REDACTED See below My quot Windows Experience Index quot is now instead of with my onboard video I upgraded because the new card supports higher resolution I don't see any visual difference perhaps because this computer is never used for gaming Is this a problem Thanks PianoGuy

A:ASUS HD5450 only works in PCIe 2.0 x1 slot, or driver install timeout

What happens when the card is in the pci-e slot and you turn on the machine ?

Does windows attempt to install drivers ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/279504-asus-hd5450-only-works-pcie-2-0-x1-slot-driver-install-timeout.html
Relevancy 46.01%

ok the lady I got this comp from says the comp the video card its reading now is not as good as the one in the PCI slot so Im wondering how do I make it so it reads the PCI slot

The AGP vid card though comes out with a Adaptor to make it so you can plug in moniters

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

and no there is no plug that goes into the PCI slot

I hope this is understanable

thanks

A:How to switch the comp from reading your AGP slot to PCI slot

Jimboson said:

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

That's known as integrated graphics, now do you have a PCI video card and an APG video card or an Integrated video card and an AGP card?

Also what are they Radeon xxxx? or Nvidia xxxx? we need to know the model numbers to tell you which is the better on to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-switch-the-comp-from-reading-your-agp-slot-to-pci-slot.594580/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi there,
i need to know which know which graphic card will fit for my computer. Ie i want to know which type: DDR ,DDR1 or ddr2 i bought my computer in 2007, but thats not enough to tell.
so please let me know how do i know which pci slot i have?

A:which graphic card slot do i require for my PCI slot

The type of memory doesn't matter, its the type of interface the computer supports among a few other things to watch for.

You likely have a PCI-Express slot, as long as it a x16 slot it doesn't really matter if its a version 1.1 or 2.0 slot.

Is this for your Dell or another computer? Whats you budget and what needs do you have for the video card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphic-card-slot-do-i-require-for-my-pci-slot.921803/
Relevancy 46.01%

This is the strangest thing I've seen in the past years of using computers I have an Acer Aspire - laptop that came with windows but I'm very picky and I wanted Windows xp back so I went onto Acer's website and won't mouse USB slot USB first other in works any slot, in only work but USB downloaded all of the windows xp drivers and then formatted the laptop to Windows XP with intergrated Service Pack The computer works just fine except for one very strange oddity - the USB mouse I'm using only works when plugged into the first USB slot it will refuse to work in the other USB slots I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer USB which is my favorite mouse and I USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot have of them at home When I was formatting the laptop USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot I had the mouse plugged into the first USB slot and now that is the ONLY slot it will work in If I plug it into the other usb slots the red laser will come on which means it's getting power but it will not move the cursor and clicking either of the mouse buttons won't do anything When I have the Device Manager open and I plug the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer mouse into the first USB slot the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will appear in BOTH the 'Human Interface Devices' tab and also the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab However when plugging the mouse into the other usb slots the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will only appear in the 'Human Interface Devices' but NOT the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab I could just go about my business using the first usb slot for the mouse but this little strange problem is pissing me off hugely as I might want to switch the mouse to another USB slot based on how I have the laptop positioned on a desk or other surface I should also note that the 'Human Interface Devices' tab has a 'HID compliant device' entry in it that isn't present on my desktop computer and my mouse works on any of the usb slots on my desktop computer I wonder if this is the problem I tried disabling this entry but it doesn't help any A final point to note is that I have many other usb devices such as flash memory sticks camera card readers external harddrives gps devices and they all work perfectly fine no matter which usb slot they are plugged into Very strange indeed Is there anyway to make my mouse work in any of the other USB slots

A:USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot

Hi NukesGoBoom,

I have seen a similar problem, but it was all USB ports that weren't working.

First, check the BIOS to make sure all USB ports are enabled, which they probably are.

Are all drivers installed and up to date? Do any yellow question marks or exclamation points show up in Device Manager?

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-mouse-only-works-in-first-usb-slot-but-wont-work-in-any-other-usb-slot-513250.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

i have had trouble with my computer after cleaning it (can of compressed air) it would boot to log in screen then go black on the monitor or it would blue screen and restart.

after figuring out it was a RAM problem i tried another stick of RAM but same problem so i guess its the actual slot it goes into, i only have 2 on my motherboard lucky one of them is working still.

has anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it, i am wondering if some of the canned air/gas became a liquid from spraying to close and got in it.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

A:RAM slot/DIMM slot? blue screening me!

Hi,

ok so i have been looking into my problem more, when booting i press tab to show the POST?? or somthing and it says that 1 of the RAMs wouldnt/couldnt R/W (read write?? i dont know)

then i get the screen saying that windows has had hardware changes and asking to how i want to start windows (normal, safe mode, etc) i have tried all but it just restarts.

now its only with 1 of the 2 dimm slots this happens and i have tried differend RAM in there but only the 1 slot works

any help would be appreciated

thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-slot-dimm-slot-blue-screening-me.152835/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi
I am unable to unable to install new apps, unable to open my regisry, task manager is greyed out.

The message pops up "Registry editing has been disabled by your Administrator"

This is newly installed window as yesterday my old also got same message & all my apps/programs crashed, so i thought re-installing with complete formatting of window drive will solve my problem, but even on new window the problem remains.

I have tried almst every option available on net to enable my registry editing but none worked.

This issue is also not allowing to install Malwarebyte for any scan of malware etc.

Plz help me out.

A:unable to edit registry, task manager greyed out & unable to install any app

If you formatted the hdd and installed Windows from a legit source then I would think....if malware is involved...either
an external drive or your router is reinfecting your computer.

What source for Windows are you using to install Windows?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618270/unable-to-edit-registry-task-manager-greyed-out-unable-to-install-any-app/
Relevancy 44.29%

yah just a question, and if so give me a price range please for a pci

thanks

A:can I add a AGP slot or PCI slot to a comp that doesnt have one?

You can't add a slot to a motherboard.

How old is this computer that it doesn't have a PCI slot? Those have been around for quite a while. Are you sure it doesn't have one? Even AGP is not new technology.

EDIT: After seeing your other thread, are you asking if you can purchase an AGP or PCI video card? That's a totally different question, and the answer would be yes depending on which slot your motherboard has. How much it costs depends on what you plan to use the computer for. A simple one is cheap, and high-end gaming cards can get expensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-add-a-agp-slot-or-pci-slot-to-a-comp-that-doesnt-have-one.591093/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am having a hard time staying on any web browser firefox IE Safari for any significant period of time in the last week I keep getting the message of Blank browser encountered problems and will have to be shut down I have tried uninstalling Firefox and IE but now I can t even reinstall it cause the I keep getting quot file corrupted quot when I try downloading the program again from the originator s site I only have safari now and can t install any program cause it reads everything as corrupted I have Browser/ To Programs On Unable To Unable Install Stay New Any used the following programs to see if I can get rid of whatever is causing this problem SUPERAntisoftware - I keep getting Adware TrackingCookieSpybot- isn t working anymore not loading anymoreMalwarebytes- doesn t show anything wrongThe computer has also been running slow and restarts by itself on occassion I don t know what happened but it keeps getting worse Unable To Stay On Any Browser/ Unable To Install New Programs by the minute Please help update used Unable To Stay On Any Browser/ Unable To Install New Programs Spybot tonight and was able to scan but I noticed the scanning exceeding the files approx thou to almost though That has never happened before I also noticed those extra files had Zlob on them The funny thing is that Spybot couldn t find anything wrong Not sure if this helps

A:Unable To Stay On Any Browser/ Unable To Install New Programs

anyone?

By the way, I am running windows XP professional version 2002.
Please help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172219/unable-to-stay-on-any-browser-unable-to-install-new-programs/
Relevancy 43.43%
Relevancy 43.43%

I am running Windows XP Pro on a Dell Desktop The initial problems started when I installed Roxio Copy amp Convert for use with my PSP I restarted after the install utilized the program and then turned off the machine The next morning I had an error message as I opened Windows that states quot bcmwltry exe - Ordinal Not Found The ordinal could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY dll quot This error message does not go away no matter how many times you click OK I believed that I had found the root of this problem bcmwltry exe having to do with my Motorola Wireless Tray Applet I disabled my wireless card since I to files not to run, install, .exe will unable unable reformat am not currently using it but the error message remained I then decided to uninstall Roxio After uninstallation completed I was asked to reboot the machine I did so and that is when the rest of the problems started All of my exe files were now non-recognized by Windows and would not run I can right click on a program and select the open-with option and choose a program from that list but if the appropriate program is not .exe files will not run, unable to install, unable to reformat listed there then I cannot run the program I then tried to do a system restore to see if that would make any difference Then all of the non-recognized files turned into Microsoft Excel files I am unable to install any program from the internet Every time I try to download something it automatically becomes a non-recognized file and prompts me to search the internet for the appropriate program to open the file It was suggested that I back up all of the information regardless of the state it is currently in on my computer onto my external hard drive completely reformat by internal hard drive and take things from there I am unable to initiate a reformat or a Windows Repair from the CD when I insert it into my CD-ROM drive while Windows is running I literally cannot click on the selection I need to use to start that process I then booted my machine from the Windows CD in hopes that it would let me initialize a repair from there When I get to the blue screen where I can choose to either reinstall or repair Windows I am unable to make any selection whatsoever My only option to get out of that screen is to hit the restart button on the tower I have searched multiple forums and help pages in an effort to find out what is going on - I still have the error message that appeared after I installed Roxio bcmwltry exe - Roxio is still on my computer - I cannot install anything whatsoever from the internet - I cannot access Microsoft Help Remote Assistance or any component found in the Control Panel - The Run function does not appear in Safe Mode - I cannot reformat or repair Windows Please help I ran McAfee TrendMicro SuperAntiSpyware and Symantec virus scans and none of them found anything nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exe-files-will-not-run-unable-to-install-unable-to-reformat.622264/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey everyone My girlfriend has had her computer for well over a year now Recently it's been crashing alot mostly with the bluescreen but on occasion just freezing Errorcode on bluescreen is STOP x B xF D xC x x Recently it has been impossible to enter windows so we figured it'd be best to re-install windows All we have is a windows XP CD which is fine But when I put in the CD it crashes with the same blue screen I googled the errorcode and I found access and re-install to unable windows Unable to out that alot of people has had simmilar issues and fixed it by going into BIOS and changing SATA mode from AHCI to IDE but i cant find anything in BIOS that allows me to do so Here's a couple of the Unable to access windows and unable to re-install links I found on google with suggestions on how to fix Unable to access windows and unable to re-install it Hard disk not detected Solved Installing XP STOP x B xF D xC x x - Cyber Tech Help Support Forums The computer is Acer

A:Unable to access windows and unable to re-install

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (in your case, please start with the Hard Drive diagnostics). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.
If you find hardware issues, here's a link to the hardware forums: Hardware Support - Tech Support Forum

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks
If you find malware, here's a link on how to post in the Security Center: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unable-to-access-windows-and-unable-to-re-install-594181.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello guys I need help for my new build from a fresh install of windows i try to install the drver for my IGPU Intel HD each time i do that i get a BSOD with this message VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd sys Or sometimes it's SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDELED igdkmd sys i've tried drivers from motherboard manufacturer CD website and intel and some autodetect driver software i always get Unable of driver install to Intel WIN10 HD fresh on install a graphics the same behavior the screen start blinking several time black screen before showing the BSOD then reboot and repeat it self even the driver downloaded by windows update have Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 the same impact i've managed to install it in safe mode but when i Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 restart in normal mode i get the same behavior i've tried different monitors VGA and HDMI tried with UEFI on off gt same result i've tweaked onece the tdr delay to second but didnt work i really need some help here i'm desperate CPU Intel I - KMotherboard ASUS Z PRO GAMING RAM HyperX FURY HX C FBK - Go Kit x Go MHz DDR Non-ECC CL DIMM SSD Samsung EVO MZ- E B EU GB with PLUS W power supply OS WINDOWS FRENCH HOME X -

A:Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10

The most likely suspect is a bad video chip.

Now it could be a power related problem too, or heat, but if you have used good parts and a cool case and have tried multiple versions of the driver then it starts looking like hardware failure is likely.

Who makes your 550W power supply?

Double check all of your connections.
And you could go into the UEFI/BIOS and reset all defaults - don't do any tweaking until this problem is resolved.
Is that board running the most recent version of the BIOS?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38448-unable-install-intel-hd-graphics-driver-fresh-install-win10.html
Relevancy 43%

HI, I just installed windows 2000 professional onto my computer. Everything works fine except that the resolution is really grainy. On some web sites I cannot even make out what the words are. I found out that when I go into my monitor settings in display properties I am unable to install the drivers for my monitor. Does anybody know a way in which I can get around this.

A:monitor drivers unable to install on fresh windows 2000 install

Are you really referring to the monitor drivers or the Dispay Adapter drivers?The symptoms you describe sound like the latter issue.

Monitor drivers are no big deal to install, and even if you don't, Windows should use compatible plug and play drivers. Still it's a good idea to install them -- but you get them from the Monitor vendor site. You get the Display Adapter drivers from the Display Adaptor vendor's site.

What Display Adapter model do you have? And are they properly installed?

To install a Monitor driver, you download and unzip the .inf file from the Vendor. Then you select "update driver" and browse to the location of the file you unzipped. Once installed your Monitor should be recognized by model number.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-drivers-unable-to-install-on-fresh-windows-2000-install.354181/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I recently did a clean install of Vista Home Premium x32 and upon completion am unable to connect to the internet. I received the following error: "windows unable to install ethernet controller." Upon accessing Device Manager, I noticed yellow exclamation marks associated with my network controller. I have an Acer Aspire 5536-5224 notebook. Windows could not locate the drivers on the machine and I cannot connect to locate. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure where to begin searching for the driver! Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:windows unable to install ethernet controller after vista home premium clean install

Hi -

Try this Broadcom driver from Acer Support --> http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...e&Step3=Aspire

Acer Support --> http://support.acer.com/drivers_download.aspx

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-unable-to-install-ethernet-controller-after-vista-home-premium-clean-install-489754.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Sony RS- desktop w XP home w SP amp all updates since that s unable to auto install generic device drivers I discovered this when I Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers Unable Auto to tried plugging in a couple different USB flash drives amp it would just stop at the found new hardware wizard Running the wizard w quot install the software automatically quot amp also enabling quot also search windows updates quot returns unable to find device driver The USB Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers flash drive was the only bang in device manager I Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers uninstalled the usb controllers rebooted and amazingly the controllers wouldn t auto reinstall Suspecting the behavior extended to more then just USBs the chipset I uninstalled some unneeded devices k modem amp amp they also wouldn t auto reinstall I went to the sony website amp strangely Sony doesn t list the chipset available for download w the other drivers I downloaded the chipset direct from intel amp installed it but that didn t work either I ve tried many other things to no avail Malware scans spybot AVG AV rootkitrevealer all came up clean I ve tried a new admin user profile cCleaner registry cleanup resetting registry permissions w subinACL setting related windows services to automatic checkdisk r Another thing I thought about doing was uninstalling the PCI controller but I think I recall that can get ugly Ultimately the only thing that allowed me to get my usb controllers usb hubs modem amp usb drive working was to quot install from a list or specific location quot amp quot include this location in the search quot C WINDOWS inf Does anybody have any idea how I can restore the functionality of generic drivers auto installing amp not having to point to an INF directory Any insight is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers

Make sure that the Cryptographic Service is started.

In 'My Computer' properties, Hardware, Driver Signing, choose 'Ignore'. (attachment 1)

In Device Manager, showing 'Hidden Devices', check the driver for a Mass Storage Device. Is Usbstor.sys, digitally signed by Microsoft? (attachment 2)
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-auto-install-re-install-generic-device-drivers.689041/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Sony RS- desktop w XP home w Generic Drivers to Device Unable Install/Re-Install Auto SP amp all updates since that's unable to auto install generic device drivers I discovered this when I tried plugging in a couple Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers different USB flash drives amp it would just stop at the found new hardware wizard Running the wizard w quot install the software automatically quot amp also enabling quot also search windows updates quot returns unable to find device driver The USB flash drive was the only bang in device manager I uninstalled the usb controllers rebooted and amazingly the controllers wouldn't auto reinstall Suspecting the behavior extended to more then just USBs the chipset I uninstalled some unneeded devices k modem amp amp they also wouldn't auto reinstall I went to the sony website amp strangely Sony Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers doesn't list the chipset available for download w the other drivers I downloaded the chipset direct from intel amp installed it but that didn't work either I've tried many other things to no avail Malware scans spybot AVG AV rootkitrevealer all came up clean I've tried a new admin user profile cCleaner registry cleanup resetting registry permissions w subinACL setting related windows services to automatic checkdisk r Another thing I thought about doing was uninstalling the PCI controller but I think I recall that can get ugly Ultimately the only thing that allowed me to get my usb controllers usb hubs modem amp usb drive working was to quot install from a list or specific location quot amp quot include this location in the search quot C WINDOWS inf Does anybody have any idea how I can restore the functionality of generic drivers auto installing amp not having to point to an INF directory Any insight is greatly appreciated

I'm having very much the same issue with a friends Dell w/o ps/2 ports. He removed ALL of his USB devices and is stuck at the new hardware wizard with no functioning mouse or KB.

It sounds like you managed to get yours going. could you explain to me (in simple terms) how you managed it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-auto-install-re-install-generic-device-drivers-226287.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Sony RS- desktop w XP home w SP amp all updates since that Drivers Generic to Unable Device Install/Re-Install Auto s unable to auto install generic device drivers I discovered this when I tried plugging in a couple different USB flash drives amp it Unable to Auto Install/Re-Install Generic Device Drivers would just stop at the found new hardware wizard Running the wizard w quot install the software automatically quot amp also enabling quot also search windows updates quot returns unable to find device driver The USB flash drive was the only bang in device manager I uninstalled the usb controllers rebooted and amazingly the controllers wouldn t auto reinstall Suspecting the behavior extended to more then just USBs the chipset I uninstalled some unneeded devices k modem amp amp they also wouldn t auto reinstall I went to the sony website amp strangely Sony doesn t list the chipset available for download w the other drivers I downloaded the chipset direct from intel amp installed it but that didn t work either I ve tried many other things to no avail Malware scans spybot AVG AV rootkitrevealer all came up clean I ve tried a new admin user profile cCleaner registry cleanup resetting registry permissions w subinACL setting related windows services to automatic checkdisk r Another thing I thought about doing was uninstalling the PCI controller but I think I recall that can get ugly Ultimately the only thing that allowed me to get my usb controllers usb hubs modem amp usb drive working was to quot install from a list or specific location quot amp quot include this location in the search quot C WINDOWS inf Does anybody have any idea how I can restore the functionality of generic drivers auto installing amp not having to point to an INF directory Any insight is greatly appreciated nbsp

dellguy77 said:

I have a Sony RS-220 desktop w/ XP home w/ SP2 & all updates since that's unable to auto install generic device drivers. Click to expand...

Hi, I'm missing what actually caused the issue in the first place? i.e what event caused the behaviour to start?
If you don't force it to use a specific .inf what error does it show? 'No suitable drivers found?'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-auto-install-re-install-generic-device-drivers.689042/
Relevancy 42.14%

So long story short i was continuously getting notification to install some particular updates again and again .

They were : KB2446704 , KB2418241 , KB2539631 . ( All of them are security updates for .net framework 2.0 sp2 and 3.5 sp1)

So whenever i installed them and restarted my pc they used to show up again . So today i decided to download Windows install clean up utility and uninstall and reinstall .net framework 2.0 sp2 .I uninstalled but when i tried to install it again i couldn't . It showed as a " setup error " .

Note :
Also i have an windows xp sp3 .

A:Can't install 3 windows update and now unable to install .netframework 2

Here's what I'd do, Caveat Emptor & all that stuff...1. Run the FixIt in KB 971187 - How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues http://support.microsoft.com/kb/9711872. Retry the Update(s).3. If the Update(s) fail(s), proceed to Step 4.4. Download .Net Cleanup Utility: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx5. By using the Cleanup Tool, uninstall all .Net Framework entries. (You will not be allowed to remove the .NET Framework 2.0 on Vista and 3.5 on Windows 7 because they are Operating System components.)6. Reboot.7. Download and install the .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 by clicking the link below (this will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2):http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en8. Reboot9. Check for & install all important/critical updates/security patches/etc (do not select any optional .Net updates yet) for .Net thru Windows Update.Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451644/cant-install-3-windows-update-and-now-unable-to-install-netframework-2/
Relevancy 42.14%

When trying to install XP on my machine all is well until it reaches the point of actually installing windows. At this point I get the blue screen of death with the following code ( STOP! 0x0000007b.etc. If I then remove the XP disc from my "D:" drive and put in a linux lucid 10 or any other linux distribution and reboot, the machine goes about its business and installs that Operating system without any problems.

The machine is a HP Media Center M8425F PC with a IPIBL-LB REV 1-51 motherboard,3 gigs of ram, intel core2 2.667 mhz chip and an average built in graphics card.

I would certainly appreciate anyones thoughts on this problem as I have never come across it before.

Relevancy 42.14%

-Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Service Pack 1

Hello there, I've just built a new computer and am having trouble installing Windows updates on my fresh install.

When I go to Windows Update, I get the following message:

--
Install new Windows Update software

To check for updates, you must first install an update for Windows Update. Your automatic updating settings will not change

To install the update, Windows update will automatically close and re-open.
--

When I click 'Install now', the window disappears and I am then confronted with the following message:

--
Windows could not search for new updates

An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.

Error(s) found:
Code 800F081F Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
--

Does anyone know how I can get updates to work? Is there some way that I can manually download and install this update for Windows Update?

Thank you.

A:Unable to install updates on fresh Windows 7 SP1 install

I'm guessing that your installation media already contained SP1, is that correct? Since this is a clean install my first thought is something happened during the installation process to damage or corrupt some system files. I'd try the Microsoft troubleshooter first.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates - WindowsUpdate_dt000

If that doesn't work I'd try running the System Update Readiness Tool.

What is the System Update Readiness Tool?

If still no joy, and only because this is a very recent clean install, I'd just reinstall Windows 7 again. If the problem persists I'd start looking into the possibility of a bad installation disk, hardware issues, etc. Please post back if any of this helps or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/237949-unable-install-updates-fresh-windows-7-sp1-install.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Using the DISM, restorehealth, etc.. all do not seems to work. Advise. Spend 3 days doing it... even reformatting and reinstall OS.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/48103-net-3-5-unable-install-even-after-fresh-install-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Everyone Thought I d /dev/sda install Ubuntu grub install unable to try Ubuntu Ubuntu install unable to install grub /dev/sda for the first time Install to a PC running windows and XP dual boot It s a raid system with HDD in arrays Windows was a nightmare to intall as it just wouldn t see my raid To my surprise and amazement the ubuntu installer running from boot CD saw it correctly straight away Install went fine until it told me it couldn t install grub I was installing on my first Ubuntu install unable to install grub /dev/sda raid array which consists of sata HDD and has a windowx xp partition a windows partition and about gigs of unpartitioned space I created a gig ext partition from the unbuntu installer and a gig partition for the swap file I apologise in advance for providing information you don t need and leaving out that which you do and thank you in advance for your help I completed the installation without installing a bootloader as it was the only way I could complete it I now need to install a bootloader that lets me boot into my new ubuntu or my win bootloader which lets me boot into and XP Any advice appriciated nbsp

A:Ubuntu install unable to install grub /dev/sda

I don't have much experience of RAID installations, but my thoughts in the first instance are its likey the MBR isn't being found, so its unable to install it.

I also believe it can be quite quirky to install it to a RAID as well. I would strongly suggest a search on the Ubuntu forums as its very likely your problem has been encountered before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ubuntu-install-unable-to-install-grub-dev-sda.153244/
Relevancy 41.28%

microsofts website states that on your old machine if you un-install the drive before removing it, you should then be able to move it over to the new computer and everything should be dandy, now unfortunatly ive set up the new computer and the old computer isnt working for some reason and im not sure what happend along the way but thats another matter altogether.

my question is, is it possible for me to recover the information on this disk? xp is currently asking me to format the disk whenever i try to access it.
PartitionMagic and DiskManagement in XP both show the drive and its full amount of space but unfortunatly it doenst show up any partitions, it is however listed in PartitionMagic as a "dynamic disk".

any help very much appriciated
kind regards

// Jonathan

A:Unable to Access old HD from previous Xp install on new XP install on new Pc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-old-hd-from-previous-xp-install-on-new-xp-install-on-new-pc.338776/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have been having problems getting my windows updates to install on my computer. I am running windows xp and I keep getting the message that updates were not successfully installed. I have searched high and low for a fix for this and nothing that I do seems to work. It just started happening a few weeks ago.
Any help will be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-install-unable-to-install-updates.431882/
Relevancy 40.85%

Basicaly iv'e run out of PCI slot.

So im left with a choice.

Either Sacrifice a PCI card and start buying USB hubs an devices

Or find a way to convert this lovley empty AGP slot into a PCI slot.

The question is can it be done?

Gie me a simple YES, NO or ITS REALY HARD AND EXPENSIVE answer please

Relevancy 40.85%

Is this a kensignton slot? Where I can attach a little security cable...

"found on 99% of laptops"

A:Kensington slot (k-slot)

Looks like it to me

Wikipedia has a picture of a Kensington lock slot on the side of Apple Powerbook laptop, and of the business end of the lock cable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Security_Slot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kensington-slot-k-slot.656505/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, I have tried numerous times to install IE7 but keep getting the error message "the following updates were not installed". The other piece of software that tries and fails to install at the same time is the Windows Malicious Software Removal tool. Windows update has verified with that my software is genuine (via Windows Genuine Advantage). Currently IE6 is installed on an OEM copy of XP with SP2 and all security patches. Firefox is my default browser.

Has anyone experienced this and/or got a solution.

p.s. This has been going on for a few weeks. Yesterday I re-installed XP from scratch as part of a system clean up and have been rebuilding everything but the problem of IE7 not installing is still there.

A:Solved: unable to install IE7 on XP even after re-install

Are you certain that you have you got XP SP2 installed? You MUST have it for IE7, as well as the Genuine Windows Validation ActiveX control installed.

I would recommend that you set IE6 to be your default browser (temporarily) manually visit the Windows update site, get all of the updates post SP2 EXCEPT IE7 (there will be 60+ of them) restart, then go back and get IE7 as a separate installation.

If that fails download IE7 installer from the MS site and do it that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-install-ie7-on-xp-even-after-re-install.533750/
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok I am stuck trying to sort out the in laws PC The main problem is that I can't install anything into onto IE For Unable Install/very To Slow Install Anything To example if I go to the Windowsupdate page the security certificate pops up I click yes and then IE freezes This happens for anything that I try to install in the same way Macromedia Flash etc I have no idea what to do to fix this Not sure if it makes any difference but I had to remove the hclean exe Trojan from the PC already today I tried to install XP SP it gets to the quot Inspecting current setup quot and just hangs I ran HiJack This and here is the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Unable To Install/very Slow To Install Anything C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe Unable To Install/very Slow To Install Anything C WINDOWS system ps exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe D xpsp exe c c ac fd d a c i update update exe C Documents and Settings Owner YOUR-ZE CXVR TT Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run AutoPlay C HP BIN AUTOPLAY EXE O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run MoneyStartUp C Program Files Microsoft Money System Money Startup exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service NPFMntor - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe O - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe O - Service SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe O - Service ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exe O - Service ... Read more

A:Unable To Install/very Slow To Install Anything

I see that you are installing service pack 2. Was that successfully installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34771/unable-to-installvery-slow-to-install-anything/
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm an IT student who got a free Win x disk from my school and I am unable to do a clean install My system specs are as follows Intel Core Duo Ghz nVidia GeForce GTX MB PCI-e GB Western Digital HD SATA Gb DDR MHz and x Gb DDR MHz SDRAM - Unable clean to install Win 7 install I set my boot sequence to boot from DVD-ROM drive first and HD second It goes to the quot Windows is loading files quot screen and gets hung up I started the process and went to watch TV for an hour and it is still on the quot Windows is loading files quot screen I haven't gotten any error messages Unable to install Win 7 - clean install I've unplugged all USB devices from my computer as I have seen on this forum that it has worked for some people Then I got frustrated with the process so I tried to go back to Win XP and it said my bootMGR is corrupt So now I am unable to install Win XP and I can't find any answers as to how to fix my problem on the internet Please help edited to add I originally had only Gb of RAM and it got hung up at the quot Windows is loading files quot screen I thought it was getting hung up because I didn't have enough RAM so I bought brand new sticks of Gb RAM I took out one of the Gb sticks and placed both of the Gb of RAM for a total of Gigs And it is still doing the same thing

A:Unable to install Win 7 - clean install

Try with only one stick of RAM, then the other. Test all of your sticks with memtest86 for 6 passes min.

See if there is a newer BIOS version update for your computer /mobo on Support Downloads webpage for your model.

Try setting BIOS back to defaults, then make sure DVD drive is set to boot first, then HD.

What is the SATA controller setting in BIOS?

Try wiping the HD by booting the Win7 DVD Repair console, open a Command Line to type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (# for WIn7 HD)
CLEAN
EXIT

Now boot the Win7 DVD to Custom install, use Drive Tools to create New partition, format before install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/59999-unable-install-win-7-clean-install.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Whatever I do to update java 6.0.18 to 6.0.20, I get the same error code:
"1606, could not find network location :. " (It is a stand alone computer, and no network installation.)
I get this message with online update by jucheck
I get it with online update with jxpiinstall.exe
It get it with the offline installer : jre-6u20-windows-i586-s.exe

And even more comprehensible, I get this error message if I try to uninstall Javan6.0.18
(I thought I make a clean installation after, but that is impossible too.)
the update from 6.017 to 6.018 went easy without any manual handling required.

I use: Vista sp2, on a Acer Aspire 5810T

A:unable install update java 6.020, and unable uninstall java 6.018

Hi -

See if Revo can take out ALL existing Java installations --> http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

Also try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Let Java check your Java installation --> http://www.java.com/en/download/dt_v...s_jre=1.6.0_18

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-install-update-java-6-020-and-unable-uninstall-java-6-018-a-476704.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I'm having the next problem and hope somebody could help me please My laptop is a Dell inspiron not actually sure about other stuff of hardware Sofware Windows Home Basic with original dell Recover Cd Two months ago I was working in some homework when it freezes at all and stays that way for about minutes so I force the shut down When I restarted It ask for a Start Repair so I do but It was unable to Repair I mean it was actually unable to enter to the repair options neither from the Repair CD just freezes at the Win background image and no options shown I wasn't sure what to do because I wasn't even able to format from the CD I tried Live Cd's but was the same problem Win just didn't charge so I download Ubuntu and decided to installed it over Windows after backing up all my files then I run the Win Recover CD and Unable 7 install to Win reinstall Win It was ok until yesterday when the exact same problem began The computer freezes I force the shot down again after nearly hours because I was afraid the same problem to happen and didn't want to format again and reinstall all my programs finally I've got the Unable to install Win 7 same exact problem so I back up my new files and very unhappy try the past solution only this time I wasn't able to Reinstall Win even I format all partitions I have being trying like times and it always the same the laptop freezes during installation while compleating installation and it's unable to do anything else but reinstall Ubuntu I'm totally desperate 'cause I really love Win and want it back but don't really know how to please somebody help me Thanks

A:Unable to install Win 7

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Details for a Dell Inspiron 1545 factory recovery here: How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft Windows on a Dell Computer | Dell

Providing you haven't deleted the recovery partition on your hard drive you should use Step 2: PC Restore.

If you have deleted the recovery partition on your hard drive you should use Step 3: Manual Reinstallation.

If you haven't made a set of recovery discs you can order a set from Dell, failing that, if you know someone whose got a Windows 7 disc you can use that to reinstall Windows using the Product Key attached to your computer.

Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/181631-unable-install-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I am trying to install vista home premium on a newly constructed computer but it wont install and gives me the error message
0x8007045D.

A:unable to install OS

http://windowssecrets.com/comp/070201

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-os-304325.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have the icon to install WIN 10 on the screen.  When I attempt to install WIN 10, I get a brief message "PLEASE WAIT". I can wait forever because nothing else occurs.    Any suggestions how to intstall 10? Same thing occurs if I go to the Win 10 website.

A:unable to install w10

Greetings, You may have a problem upgrading because of the GeForce 6150SE integrated graphics card. You have an open PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard which can be used to add a Win 10 compatible graphics card. You could also uninstall all Nvidia drivers. Make sure the PC is using the Windows generic graphics driver before installing Win 10. You can download the Media Creation tool here. Please read all instructions. This tool will allow you to create bootable USB or DVD Win 10 installation media. Your PC was introduced by HP in 2009. You may not have a good upgrade experience. Make sure you have an HP Recovery disc set or some other system image backup before proceeding. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/unable-to-install-w10/td-p/5589589
Relevancy 37.84%

I have XE Pro and tried to update w/SP2. Said I had to download a program to install. I did. (can't remember what or where it went) Now I can't install update. I click on the recomended update and after it checks my computer this is what I get:
[Error number: 0x80072EE2]
Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page. You may find the following resources helpful in resolving the problem:
For self-help options:

Windows Update Response Center

Windows Update Troubleshooter

Windows Update Newsgroups
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
I tried them & no help! Go figure! I have been doing fine w/out it so maybe I'll wait untill MS debugs the debugger!!

A:Unable to install XP SP2

You haven't said what you've tried, but were these methods included?

http://sniptools.com/vault/getting-errors-with-windowsupdate.htm

See the "ADDENDUM: 12 November, 2003"

I would also remove the current Active X download from the Downloaded Programs Folder, and force it to reinstall that. This is the folder you see when selecting "view objects" in Internet Options > Settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-xp-sp2.275716/
Relevancy 37.84%

I am trying to install windows 8.1on lenovo thinkPad E460, but getting this error " insert disk..." either from cd or usb. Howevere i was able to install Windows 10 quite easily. I have license key for 8.1 not for 10. Any body can suggest solution...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/59897545-71ec-4af5-9d1e-f896600db15f/unable-to-install?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 37.84%

Running Windows 7 Home, things were fine for a while but in the apst several weeks I have started to have problems installing anything... its at a point now that I am unable to install ANYTHING without getting an APPCRASH error.

I went onto MS help forums and tried to use their install/uninstall problem diagnostic... but I cant install it!!!

I thought there may have been an issue with AVG so I unstalled it and tried again, no luck... then I tried to D/L AVG2012 and I am unable to install that either!! What the heck is going on??? Please help!!!

A:Unable to install- ANYTHING

Quote: Originally Posted by MikeS71

Running Windows 7 Home, things were fine for a while but in the apst several weeks I have started to have problems installing anything... its at a point now that I am unable to install ANYTHING without getting an APPCRASH error.

I went onto MS help forums and tried to use their install/uninstall problem diagnostic... but I cant install it!!!

I thought there may have been an issue with AVG so I unstalled it and tried again, no luck... then I tried to D/L AVG2012 and I am unable to install that either!! What the heck is going on??? Please help!!!

Could be malware, system corruption, etc.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187221-unable-install-anything.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi
I am unable to install xp Pro. I have used various drives and this is the error message:
System Setup Log- (C:\windows\setuperr.log)
Error:
Installation Failed: D:\1386\asms. Error message: The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

Fatal Error:
One of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.
The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

Help

Joe
Ps. I have tried another xp cd still no luck

A:unable to install XP pro

is this a reinstall or a new install.did you format the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-xp-pro.861291/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have been gifted with a Samsung 'all in one' DP U200. The dvd drive is not recognised and therefor cannot install op system. I would like to know how to remove the back of the pc. I have tried loading the op sys from a full windows ops disc onto a pencil using a ISO IMAGE FILE. I have tried installing via a external cd drive to no avail. My problem started because I decided to format the hard drive using UBDC . Desperate

A:unable to install 7

Try burning your Windows ISO image using the Microsoft Tool Microsoft Store
Boot into Setup (Bios) and go to Boot Priority and choose USB Flash as First Boot Device. Or if using a USB CD/DVD drive choose USB CD/DVD drive as first boot device. Save and Exit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-7-a-733297.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I am unable to install any OS on a Certain System of Mine

I get the Following error when I try to install Windows 98

Standard Mode: Fault in MS-DOS Extender.
EC=4930 CS=0053 IP=2811 AX=8FC0 BX=0000 CX=FFFF DX=FFFF
SI=0277 DI=0186 BP=4278 DS=004B ES=0324 SS=004B SP=426E

Standard Mode: Bad Fault in MS-DOS Extender .
Fault: 000D Stack Dump: 033C 0000 0070
Raw Fault frame: EC=4930 IP=244B CS=0053 FL=3006 SP=00F2 SS=004B

This is in a Petnium 2 System

Pentium 2 400mhz
SE440BX-2 With latest Bios
3x128mb SDRAM PC100/133
40gb Maxtor Hard Drive
40x Standard CD Rom
Onboard Yamaha Sound Card

This system Used to work Great Just about a month Ago It was fully functional till I formatted it to Remove the OS and to install it in a later time. I have done this before but it Never had this issue.

Relevancy 37.84%

Hello
Just got a new printer and tried to put the installation disk in the drive to install. However no installation screen pops up. I've gone into my computer to try to run the disk, also have tried to run the setup.exe on the disk itself. Nothing I do will run the installation software. The cd drive plays DVDs and other software with no problems.
Running windows xp on an HP laptop
Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks!

Sam

A:Unable to install

if your having touble with the disk i'd suggest going to the manufactures website and getting the drivers for the printer from there support/drivers section

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install.1044015/
Relevancy 37.84%

I am running Windows Unable to IE7 install XP Pro bit edition I'm unable to install IE through either Windows update or double click on an IE installation file I've manually downloaded When I look into the event logs these are the error message I'm not sure if it's related Event Type Error Event Unable to install IE7 Source DCOM Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer MYCOMPUTER Description DCOM got error quot The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion quot attempting to start the service BITS with arguments quot quot in Unable to install IE7 order to run the server D B- A - - B - B For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source Userenv Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User Unable to install IE7 NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer MYCOMPUTER Description Windows couldn't log the RSoP Resultant Set of Policies session status An attempt to connect to WMI failed No more RSoP logging will be done for this application of policy For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source SecurityCenter Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer MYCOMPUTER Description The description for Event ID in Source SecurityCenter cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event Data e Windows Management Instrumentation service is running fine I've already tried deleting everything in SystemRoot System Wbem Repository folder and restart the computer but still these errors and unable to install IE I do not run any DC Any suggestion is appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-ie7-343472.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Here is my SP1 install to Unable log nbsp Error when trying to install SP update for windows nbsp Thanks for your help Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -WBV T- QDRQ- V T Windows Product Key Hash QaVRyrQ TDEKeOCLd q tSTF I Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID E B FF- - E E-B A- EF Unable to install SP1 B E Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Professional - Genuine Microsoft Office Home and Student - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics F FE- - E FEE - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - A F - - A F - - A F - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E AD EA- -b a E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E B Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C PROGRA AOLDES aol exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Allowed Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E B FF- - E E-B A- EF B E lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - V T lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt HP-Pavilion lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt KN AA-ABA m c lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B FA lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC-CPC lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Professional lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt AB C EC C lt Val gt lt Hash gt MZcQUK LCpePSlXz VwO LV o lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Product GUID quot - F- - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Home and Student lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt A EBAB AF lt Val gt lt Hash gt zEUUtu quBF Xx dAq tMKbq lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App I... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8778ebf-a41e-47f1-bff1-a6496163de10/unable-to-install-sp1?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 37.84%

My 8.1 WIN installation indicates that I have 2.47 G of ram installed. When I use WIN 10 Installation Assistant to perform the installation, it indicates that I have insufficient ram and that 2 G is required. How can I do the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/53335-unable-install-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I seem to be having trouble installing any OS such as XP. I've already put my bootup to CD. I keep getting a NTLDR error when I try to install XP. I've tried to reset my CMOS. Am I doing something wrong?

Specs are :
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
Radeon HD 4850 512MB
Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU 500W
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)
LITE-ON 20X DVD?R DVD Burner Black SATA
Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

A:Unable to install XP

Is this a new build or one that has worked before?

Here is information about that error:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-xp-346891.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Help!

I've just purchased a new desktop Extra Value Desktop PC - Desktops | Ebuyer.com along with an OEM W7 64bit.

This is a fresh install on a brand new PC.

Everytime I get the same error message "windows could not format the partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070057"

I've just removing RAM and still same problem. Even tried install XP and after 3 hours fomating the drive it it came up with this error ""Setup was unable to format the partition. The disk may be damaged."

Has anybody got any suggestions?

A:Unable to install

Hello rprest, welcome to Seven Forums!

Have a look through the information below and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

To start fresh with a clean installation or a clean install with an upgrade version of Windows 7, it may be best to over-write the Master Boot Record of any possible corruption and then use the Windows installer to create and format the partition(s) for installation, have a look at the "#6 clean" option of Method One in this first tutorial linked below. Secure Erase / Wipe : Definition and Methods

DISKPART : At PC Startup

If you want to completely over-write the entire Hard Disk Drive of any possible malware infection and / or to get the best possible space to do the install to or just for security purposes, have a look at these tutorials. SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation
Additional Secure Erase / Wipe Information

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/179035-unable-install.html
Relevancy 37.84%

i have an XP laptop that is doing the following freezing or hanging up won t fully clean up with the programs i have i don t know the specific things remaining as they are not identified in the programs programs not dl ing or installing properly programs not working properly other things are Unable Install To Xp Sp3 happening of a less specific nature that i can see bc i use this machine but are hard to put into more specific words i have already been to the malware forum and received help there clearing out a bunch Unable To Install Xp Sp3 of malware but they said to post here -- they also said i do have more problems but didn t feel Unable To Install Xp Sp3 qualified to help fix them and said to post here they also suggested i run eventvwr msc Look in SYSTEM and APPLICATIONS for anything in the last day Double click on anything you see with a red X press the Copy button and then you can paste the info into your thread however i was unable to copy and paste those logs therefore i need help to decipher what may be the issues on the laptop and correct them --- i am sorry i am vague but this part of software correction is new to me -- so even basics i am not so sure about --thanks for your help

A:Unable To Install Xp Sp3

I'd try running chkdsk /r on the boot drive.

Possibly followed by a defrag of the boot drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156009/unable-to-install-xp-sp3/
Relevancy 37.84%

I followed this guide: http://www.tinyurl.com/pxeboot
I cannot seem to get past step 10. I have a Dell Latitude L400 notebook without floppy, CD-ROM or the ability to boot from USB stick. Hence, a network install is my only option.
I receive this error message from the Dell client:

Code:
CLIENT IP: 192.168.0.40 MASK: 255.255.255.0 DHCP IP: 192.168.1.14
PXE-E32: TFTP Open Timeout
TFTP...

Also, on the host computer, the log constantly displays this message:

Code:
TIMEOUT waiting for Ack block #1 [30/11 10:17:50.592]

I have a Billion 7800N and all workstations are on the same subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
What could be the problem? I'm very new to network booting, so please be easy on the jargon.

A:Unable to install XP via PXE

My initial look at this seems to me to be a problem with your boot image server. It seems the TFTP server on your boot image server is not answering any client requests.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-xp-via-pxe.965522/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Recently my computer was infected by a virus which I was unable to get rid of To cut a long XP.. to Unable install story short I decided to re-install XP First of all I got a message that said some sort of file is Unable to install XP.. missing amp the set-up cannot continue I did a bit of research amp found I had to temporarily disable something during the installation by hitting F I did this amp the format started to work as it should I know the disc is not the problem because it performed a successful reformat not so long back It got to around and then a message popped up saying that some file is missing and the set-up can't continue It gave the option to skip that file which I did but then I got the same message for a different file I decided to give-up which has now left my PC booting to a black screen which is as far as it goes I have tried everything that I know of to get the PC working again but I am now out of ideas Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Unable to install XP..

The most common cause of the "file not found" message during installation:

Scratched or dirty installation cd
using a copy versus an original installation cd
Faulty CD drive
Faulty Memory
Faulty hard Dive

This is a good guide to reinstalling XP . . you might want to print it for reference during the install.

http://www.techhandbook.com/windows/...g-Windows.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-xp-397870.html
Relevancy 37.84%

OK If anyone else has a problem like mine with the Windows Update open Windows Update Click on 'View Available to Unable install 1! SP Updates' and then right click on KB and 'hide' it Then disable any rd party anti-virus and firewalls you have and check for new updates It should find you SP Hope Unable to install SP 1! it helps ------------------------------------------------------------------ Well Im using Vista bit and I accidentaly downloaded the bit installer Now I also tried downloading the bit installer but I also got an error there aswell So I started wondering why Unable to install SP 1! I went back to the download page Download details Windows Vista Service Pack Five Language Standalone for x -based Systems KB and noticed near the bottom it said DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER A smaller more appropriate download is available on Windows Update OK So I click on windows update and it open WU on my Laptop Problem is I cannot check for new updates because of the stupid KB update that everyone is having problems with I tried EVERYTHING to install KB but with no luck Anyone have a download link for the bit installed for ONE computer Any help would be great Thanks Alex

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/174194-unable-install-sp-1-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Please Help! I first noticed a problem a few weeks ago when I was trying to install a student version of AutoCad. I spent countless hours trying to reading forums and trying to fix the problem on my end without success. Most recently I was trying to update Microsoft security essentials and it will no update, another error code with it goes to intstall. Same with my window's updates. When I try to update my computer it gives me another error code (652) unable to intall. Additionally, I cannot update or install the newest version of itunes. Please help! Not quite sure what to do. My laptob is about a 1 1/2 years old. I have 158GB free of 280, so I think I should have enough space. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
debra

A:unable to install anything!

Welcome Debra
Your symtoms are a classic sign of malwre
Update and run a full anti virus scan
Download and run a full and updated malwarebytes scan

If negative
Try to install in clean boot. If it works follow the procedure to determine the cause.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If it does not work try an SFC scan.
If errors are found run 3 times
System Files - SFC Command

If none of the above work, try to correct by a system restore, dated a week before the problem began.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/288115-unable-install-anything.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys My computer recently has not Unable Install to allowed me to install new items For example i tried to install the latest version of iTunes and reinstall Skype and in both cases it has not allowed me to install I do not believe it is a problem with the software as I have tried numerous sources of getting the installation file yet it still will not work I m also not Unable to Install sure if this is a virus malware or if it is just a corruption of something I hope you guys can Unable to Install help me out with this Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS System winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C valve steam steam exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Uniblue SpyEraser SpyEraser exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Program Files HiJackThis HijackThis exe O - Service Pml Driver HPZ - HP - C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe O - Service Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE O - Service Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe O - Service Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe O - Service WAN Miniport ATW Service WANMiniportService - America Online Inc - C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe -- End of file - bytes Thanks in advance for your help OhCanada nbsp

A:Unable to Install

Hey can anyone have a look at this? It's been about 10 days and I have not received any help.
Could someone please take a look at this for me? Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install.690349/
Relevancy 37.84%

I was hoping I could rely on your expertise to help 10 re-install Unable IE to mefigure out an issue I am unable to install IE for a user It was acting strangely for her so I removed the IE Unable to re-install IE 10 update and then tried to manuallyre-install IE using a stand alone installer but it fails to install I did a check for windows updates and IE appears but not IE I even triedinstalling IE via the Windows update but it fails too error code ending with FD on that The user is currently using IE The steps I have taken so far arelisted below Original Issue Internet explorer keeps messing upwhere the top inch of the screen disappears and hides the menu Instead if youclick there you end up clicking on the desktop background Clicking cascadewindows or maximize windows via task manager corrects the issue temporarily butit re-occurs Troubleshooting steps taken -I reset IE to default but itissue re-occurred Unable to re-install IE 10 an hour or so later -Restoring advanced settings didn't help -I rolled back the IE update to IE but then I could not re-install IE because the installer does not finish successfully Also trying to check forupdates to get IE Unable to re-install IE 10 to install does not work IE is found but that updateends up failing too error FD -I completely removed internet explorer and then reinstalled it which is IE but IE install still doesn't work -I am able to apply updates to IE but can't install IE -I did a sfc scannow and it found no errors -I ran SURT then I tried to install IE orIE again but still failed -I used msconfig and disabled all non windows services and rebooted her PC but I still could not install IE nor IE I have uploaded to my google drive the zipped CBS folder Your help is much appreciated https drive google com file d B ew usp sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/393603-unable-re-install-ie-10-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi friends,
I am facing a serious problem regarding OS installation. i am really unable to install OS in NTFS mode it is only gettin installed in FAT32 mode i have tried all xp versions(sp1,2,3). but all are supporting only fat32, while installing in NTFS it is telling me to insert another disk. and the same disk runs fine on other machines.. anybody please help me...plz. and also i'm unable to install some programs in my OS.is FAT32 a reason for it? please reply me guys.

A:UNable to install OS

If you're using an actual XP CD and have the CDROM drive listed first in the boot order and are booting from the XP CD, a Press any key to boot from CD command will appear.

Once you press any key before the command disappears, the blue setup screen will appear.

It's then just a matter of reading each screen carefully and pressing the required key to perform a certain function.

The required functions are in this order:

You want to delete all current partitions

You want to create a new C partition and allocate the entire hard drive to it

You want to format the new C partition in the NTFS file system

You want to install XP in the C:\WINDOWS directory

The entire setup and install process will involve 2 restarts that occur automatically. Once the computer restarts the second time and the desktop loads with the default wallpaper background, you can remove the XP CD.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-os.951610/
Relevancy 37.84%

Well this has got me stumped I am trying to clean install pro on a lenovo amd z - I am installing as uefi using usb flash drive created with iso from media creation tool Everything goes fine and get to the oobe selection and I select install to Unable AU all the stuff needed and then it gets the normal quot just a moment screen quot when it is nearly finished and then just sits there forever it normally only takes a few mins I tried using installing to unallocated space I have Pro N on pc as well to a vhd tried installing home instead etc They all hang at same screen The iso I use works fine in hyper-v There is no av or anything like that sd card or attached usb rather than mouse Really odd thing is I clean installed pro N without any issue I installed pro and tried to upgrade - upgraded fine but failed at just a moment screen Any ideas

Relevancy 37.84%

I recently bought a laptop that came preinstalled with Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1. I wanted to change the display language so I reformatted it and prompted in a Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit Spanish. The product key worked perfectly regardless of the different OS's (x86 and 64bit).

I've been updating it for over 5 hours now and I still can't seem to gather enought updates to install SP1. So I downloaded a stand-alone SP1 and executed it. Oddly enough, the publisher was displayed as "Unknown" and when I ran it executable SP1 (downloaded from Microsoft), I got a "Self-extracting grub error". I also tried downloading it from several 3rd party sites and the results are identical.

The laptop has no antivirus installed, UAC disabled, Firefall turned off, and no protection.

Any solutions as to how I can install SP1? Microsoft offers no support on this whatsoever.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-sp1-389803.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello,
Thank you in advance for your help.
I am unable to install SP2.When installing from the web site receive an error message stating failure to install; system is unstable.When installing using the Wizard error message says access denied. I am using XP home edition.
Jerry

Relevancy 37.84%

I have an upgrade copy of win 8 pro. I have also a wd200gb hdd (model wd2000js) on sata 0 (master) which is shown in bios; it has been reformatted and is known to be clean. No other hdd's attached.

Win 8 custom install starts fine, I enter my COA code and is accepted, however it subsequently asks me where to install win 8, and shows no drives, even refresh shows nothing.

I have tried this twice with the same result.

What am I doing wrong?

A:Win 8 install unable to see hdd

Did you chose UEFI or legacy ?

If you chose UEFI,u try to use ultraiso. Burn to USB, USB is FAT32 .

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/14423-win-8-install-unable-see-hdd.html
Relevancy 37.84%

So I had some problems with my system that resulted in me wanting to any OS install Unable to format and reinstall Windows XP I booted from the install CD and after the program loaded the drivers at the beginning the program shut down during quot Starting Windows quot and I got a Unable to install any OS blue screen error Your typical XP error quot Your computer has been shut down before any more harm is caused to it quot and something about pci sys and then a memory location at the bottom of the screen I tried Unable to install any OS installing different versions of Windows from different CDs and all froze at the same with the same error I also attempted to run a diagnostic program from the hard drive manufacturer Seagate which Unable to install any OS freezes whenever I run it I get to a prompt but I m unable to type anything I was able to install Windows onto the hard drive fine when I hooked it into a friends system but when I put the hard drive back in my system I got quot Error loading the operating system quot I assume you need to install Windows on the system that will be using it It ran fine when hooked into my friend s computer So here I am unable to load an OS onto my system and I have no clue as to why My computer is a Dell Dimension P system Anyone have any clue as to what could be causing this strange error Thanks nbsp

A:Unable to install any OS

The problem is your keyboard . . the Period key only works intermitently and the Enter key does not separate paragraphs . . once you get those fixed you should be able to get effective help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-any-os.426015/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello I am trying to help an unfortunate nieghbor get his computer functional You guys helped me so much that to install XP SP2 Win Unable I spoke radiantly about the professionalism and quality of help one can get on this website to some friends and thus began a long journey to eradicate viruses trojan horses and spyware from Unable to install Win XP SP2 this guy s PC and to load some programs to keep him from getting re-infected You folks have helped him gain control back on his PC which is almost beginning to work normally He and I are very thankful for the help so far The latest news is that Win XP SP is not loading It gets partially through the process and announces quot access is denied Unable to install Win XP SP2 quot Then it has you click a box to back out all the changes it made over the past half hour Do you have any suggestions as to what might be going on It s frustrating My latest attempt was to download the SP image to disk and to invoke it locally It then unpacked the downloaded update and unpacked it into a directory Then it started the update process which aborted after a half hour Is there some security settings that might be tightened down that I can look for Another question for the gurus What executable file in the SP directory would I double-click on in order to restart the update more quickly What filename do I look for

A:Unable to install Win XP SP2

About sp2 I would stay away. It has messed up my IE browser and when you uninstall it it will completely destroy your browser. I had to do a restore on my pc after I uninstalled it.
Just my opinion microsoft has not worked out the bugs...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4302/unable-to-install-win-xp-sp2/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have attempted to install window 10 a number of times without success, while I did errors initially I was able to solve those issues. My last attempt lasted 24 hours with no results. I am hoping that I can get some help in order to have a successful installation before July 29th. I am aware that my PC does not have a strong processor which certainly contributes to a slow install but 24 hours is beyond my understanding.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Edward Fitzgerald

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/55351-unable-install-after-many-tries.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I am running Windows7 Home Premium and a 64bit desktop on a wireless home network. Two other units, a laptop and netbook, are on the network. All computers have access as administrator. Can download and save files, but upon trying to install applications(Skype, Internet Exployer 9, shareware, etc) receive various error messages(Corrupt file, missing dll, or the app starts to install and then simply stops.

Relevancy 37.84%

I have an Acer TM laptop I have a USB CDR and also on loan a firewire or Iport Acer DVD NO Floppy The C was removed by my local nerd shop who formatted it and sent it home for me to simply hook up my USB CDR and install the OS XP Home There is NO USB boot option in the Bios so that rendered that out The Firewire DVD I borrowed wont even light up never used the firewire Iport so dont know if it works or not Also tried an install from a USB stick There is a port on the side with a picture of a floppy and CD that I have been told is an 'Adaptor Port' and is Unable Install OS to long and slim sort of like a parallel printer port but I have been unable to find a cable that connects to it and can also connect to a CD device From memory in the Bios I have the option for HDD Boot CD Boot Unable to Install OS and Unable to Install OS Floppy and Lan Boot only I have a running desktop to use if this can be done I am wondering if I should remove the laptop HDD and buy a cable to hook it to my desktop and copy the needed OS files Unable to Install OS i if this would even work Any idea or options that WILL work would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-os-257479.html
Relevancy 37.84%

While trying to upgrade from win se to XP I XP Unable install to received this message after choosing sys compty Setup found hardware or software on your computer that might not or will not work with Windows XP You should read and understand this upgrade report before continuing For more information click a topic Warnings Helpful Information Setup has Unable to install XP detected that some hardware or programs on your computer might not function correctly after the upgrade is completed This lack of functionality can have an effect on things you might want to do such as connecting to the Internet accessing e-mail printing scanning and playing sounds or music It is important that you read and understand this upgrade report before continuing To resolve some of these issues you can get more information at the Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition on the Web Setup will automatically back up your existing version of Windows You can restore your computer safely even if these upgrade problems remain To uninstall Windows XP go to Add Remove Programs in Control Panel -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Warnings return to top The following issues might require you to obtain files from Microsoft Windows Update Web site or a manufacturer's Web site You can still continue to upgrade to Windows XP without resolving these issues but some hardware or software might not work Follow the recommendations in each section Hardware Compatibility Issues Setup has found hardware on your computer that is incompatible with that is it does not work with Windows XP Hardware That Might Need Additional Files The following hardware might need additional files in order to work with Windows XP Contact your hardware vendors to obtain Windows XP compatible updates In many cases if a Windows XP version is not yet available a Windows compatible update should work It is recommended that you obtain these drivers in advance You can also view the Microsoft Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List on the Web Please note that some of the following entries might be software that is registered as hardware Network adapters Efficient Networks P P P o E Adapter NTSP Other devices PCI RAID Controller Sound video and game controllers Philips Seismic Edge Audio Philips Seismic Edge GamePort Philips Seismic Edge Support Registers Software Compatibility Issues Software That Does Not Support Windows XP Setup has found programs on your computer that are incompatible with that is they do not work with Windows XP Contact your software vendors to obtain updates or Windows XP-compatible versions If you don't update these programs before you upgrade the programs will not work after the upgrade is completed NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager in Control Panel Philips Seismic Edge Audio in Control Panel Before you upgrade to Windows XP you should remove any incompatible programs if you can After the upgrade uninstall for these programs might not work Add Remove Programs in Control Panel can help you uninstall most programs Click Start point to Settings click Control Panel and then click Add Remove Programs -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Helpful Information return to top The following issues are listed for your information only You can continue the upgrade to Windows XP Software Compatibility Issues Software That Might Not Support Windows XP Setup cannot determine if the following programs are compatible with Windows XP Setup will disable them during the upgrade to eliminate the risk of problems Contact the software vendor to obtain an upgrade pack Windows Registry Repair Pro a startup program General Information This section provides important information that you need to be aware of before you upgrade Backup Files Found Setup found files on your computer that appear to be a backup of part of Windows During the upgrade to Windows XP Setup removes Windows from your computer including any backups you might hav... Read more

Simply put: don't do an upgrade; Do a clean install. A lot less hassle that way.
That way, anything that XP doesn't have built-in drivers for you can add the drivers for AFTER you install XP.
ie. the Nvidia card shouild get the latest Forceware drivers.
Assuming you don't have loads and loads of criticaly important files on that machine that you have no way of backing up, doing a clean install is the way to go.
So...
Uninstall any Anti-virus you've got on there. (becasue otherwise your MBR might be locked down)
Make a Win98 Startup Disk if you don't already have one.
Boot with the Win98 Startup Disk.
At the C: prompt, type {Fdisk} and hit Enter.
Delete any and all partitions on the Hard Drive where Windows 98 was installed (If you have more than one physical hard drive, you can either leave the other drive as they are, or you can wipe them out too... probably a good idea to wipe them out as well so you can take advantage of the benefits of NTFS over FAT32).
Boot with the Windows XP cd in the optical drive (be sure that the BIOS has been set to boot in this order: CD-ROM, Floppy, Hard Drive, Network Boot. If you don't see an option to make the boot order include CD-ROM as the first boot option, you'll have to do this the hard way... ask me about that if that is the case).
When the XP install CD boots your system, follow the on-screen prompts. You'll have to enter you CD Key, so have that ready. Be sure to choose NTFS as your file system, NOT FAT32. NTFS is nessicary for a lot of the services and features in XP, and if you run XP on a FAT32 drive, you've essentialy screwed yourself.
If you're running a system that has SCSI or SATA devices on it, you may need to supply 3rd party drives for those devices. If your main (C:) drive is on an IDE controler, you can worry anout that later. If your main (c:) drive is on a SATA controler, you will need to have a Floppy ready that has the drivers for that SATA controller. SCSI drives usualy are auto-detected by XP, but sometimes not.
Also, your Video Card will likely show up as a "Standard PCI graphics adapter" after the install is complete. Go get the drivers for that from the MFG's driver CD or their website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-xp-28569.html
Relevancy 37.84%

d l d a a driver i NEEED to play sound on my computer and when i click on it says quot you must be logged on to this pc as an to Install Unable administrator and ive been online searching the answer to this problem because i set my account to be a computer adminstrator NOT limited and it wont work Even when i go into Safe Mode like i was Unable to Install told to do to sign in as the automatically installed Admintrator account by XP it still says Must be logged in as adminstrator Then I found out how to sign in as adminstrator in normal mode and it had worked up to where you have to put in the password where when i put in the correct password it say cant log in due to account restriction Ive tried almost everything the ALT Ctrl DEL log Technique that didnt work All safe modes and nothing worked Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Plz can you help me because the same happens with the video driver

A:Unable to Install

Try this:

Start - Run - type "regedit" [without the quotes] and press Enter.

Now navigate here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\DisableMSI

If you have that key, set the Value to 0.

Reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/22170/unable-to-install/
Relevancy 37.84%

recently, my XP hit the fan. so i only had a copy of vista, and i installed it. but i later found a sealed copy of xp, and so i tried to install it.

the problem is that xp cannot identify the hard drives. i can only switch them between RAID and ACHI(i think thats how it is spelled). I also do not have the drivers for them. i do have a second hard drive with XP on it, but whenever i try and boot up using that drive, i get the blue screen of death. what should i do?

Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all The Story When I boot I get a box that says quot New software detected quot on the lower right of the screen and then the quot New Hardware Installation Wizard quot menu appears in the upper left of the screen The catch is this happens every time I boot Even when nothing has been installed I believe this started when I installed the software for my internet connection a few months back I end up having to close out of these two boxes plus one more that pops up in the lower right Now When I Actually Have New Hardware - I just tried install a new printer drive I got the same quot Found New Software quot and Hardware wizard prompts BUT when I went through the steps it quot Could Not Locate Software quot even though the drive was spinning with the proper disc in it Could CD-ROM Install Unable Using to the CD-ROM be dying dead I can STILL play discs in it so it does read game and photo roms Why do the prompts come up Unable to Install Using CD-ROM every time I boot up Please let me know if you need clarification details specifics etc Thanks in advance for any and all assistance with this matter KFA

A:Unable to Install Using CD-ROM

Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, click View>"show hidden devices" and report all flagged devices here.

Check Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer, "Applications" and "System" and report any Errors relating to hardware, chronic, repetitive and/or significant errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-using-cd-rom-358794.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have Windows XP 32 and I cannot install anything. I tried to reinstall and reregister windows installer but when I did nothing changed at all. I can only download if I start up in safe mode. In regular mode I can not download anything. I have been on this computer for 3 days trying to figure this out. It is so frustrating. I tried system restore and nothing changed. I have spybot and it gives me a list of threats but I dont know what is safe to delete. I will post the threats and I would be grateful if someone would tell me what is safe to get rid of. Thanks for everyones input.
Win32.Agent 2 threats TrojanC
Win32.Agent 3 threats TrojanC
WildTangent 16 threatsPUPS
Virtumonde 1 threat TrojanC

A:Unable to install anything.

All those can be deleted safely. i am moving this from XP to the AM I Infected forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193858/unable-to-install-anything/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have been trying to install xp on my computer all pm. It gets to the first re-boot and then starts all over. The boot sequence is CD, floppy, HD. I checked the bios and it is seeing the HD. What else could it be?
Thanks for any help

A:unable to install xp

Do not respond to the "Press any key to boot from CD" prompt that will show up after the first time . . just let it go and it should continue with the installation.

You can move the FDD to third place in the boot order, just to be sure it is not interfering

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-xp-222290.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I try to install Windows XP to SATA HDD but failed?
The bios not regonize the HDD

A:Unable install XP

XP is too old to recognize SATA drives.

Installing XP on a SATA drive
Install Windows XP on SATA without a Floppy
Resolving "Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation
"Many newer BIOS allow an Alternate method for SATA . . Go into the BIOS and check the 'Sata Operation' setting, change it to 'Raid Autodetect/ATA' if it is not already. Now try to install XP (Verbiage will vary by manufacturer)" - Courtesy of simpswr.

BIOS settings to try:
Claymore said:

you can change the controller settings in the BIOS.

Restart the computer and enter the BIOS.
The location and type of setting will vary with the make and model of the motherboard.
Here are some:

MAIN menu
SATA Mode
Select IDE Mode instead of AHCI Mode

====================

ADAVANCED or ADVANCED (BIOS) SETTINGS menu
SATA Drive Configuration
Select Compatibility (Mode) instead of AHCI (Mode)

====================

(BIOS) ADVANCED menu
SATA
Disable Auto
Enable Combination

====================

Set to PATA mode

====================
INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS menu
IDE Function Setup
OnChip IDE => Disabled
SATA DMA transfer => Enabled

INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS menu
Onboard Device
SATA => Disabled

===================Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-install-xp.891144/
Relevancy 37.84%

I just bought a new computer system and I put it together myself I go to try and install Windows XP and it goes to the blue screen and everything looks well After it says something about trying to do something with the kernal set up stops and says something about setupdd Install OS to Unable could not be found or something and it says ERROR CODE set up cannot continue press any key to exit I tried this with different cds and i get the same exact message Now I took a hard drive from my other computer that IS working Unable to Install OS I already have XP Installed on it and i made it master on the new computer system That HD won t boot on my new computer either It tells me that some ntfs file is missing and that I have to pull that file from the set up cd So I put in the set up cd and it leads me back to that same ERROR CODE Screen any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

I was following the procedures for posting my log files, including downloading the dds.scr file and rootrepeal. Rootrepeal worked fine, but the dds.scr doesn't seem to work. When I run it, I get a Notepad window that opens and all that is contained is multiple lines of gibberish. The only exception is that within the first line of text, there is a message that reads "This program cannot be run in DOS mode".

I apologize in advance if I have posted this in the wrong forum, but I didn't know where else it should go.

Help would be appreciated. I have a malware issue that is making me want to bang my head against a wall.

Thanks!

A:Unable to install DDS.scr

Hello,Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273353/malware-infection-keeps-opening-browser-windows/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.Please be patient. It may take several days, up to two weeks perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273206/unable-to-install-ddsscr/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I ordered a new PC and during the first day it worked wonderfully Second day I installed Alcohol and later Daemon tools and right after completing the installation it asked me to reboot I did and when I logged in to my user account I got the blue screen some error about insufficient Unable to install XP space on some drive the other accounts had the same problem I then did a memtest with a linux rescue Unable to install XP cd and no errors I went through all the BIOS settings and everything seemed to be in order I cant even get to the login screen sometimes Safe mode doesn't work After many hours of trying different things I tried Knoppix Live and it runs fine but linux rescue cd fails to boot and says something like Kernel panic quot some quot device tried to kill init launch also Debian installation will not boot from the cd says theres no cd after many more hours I tried to do a repair installation of Win XP and that freezes during device installation I also reset the CMOS I'm havent tried a full format yet being afraid it might just freeze up again even if I did a full format you think it would help The problem I think is the Daemon tool wich got mixed up with the real drive or the Alcohol virtual drive Now i'm stuck with knoppix running smoothely a win install that's not complete and debian partitions here and there please if anyone has any suggestions help me out AMD Athlon ASRock S -M Maxtor Gb Serial ATA DIMM DDR PC CL Kingston VGA GeForce PCX Mb PCI-E x DVD Dual Benq DW OEM

Format and reinstall. Since you can't enter safe mode to remove Daemon tools you need to get it off the system. It's a fact that program has an issue when installed alongside Alcohol 120% so it needs removed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-xp-90916.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I am running winXP Pro SP2 and I need to install SP3. I have downloaded the SP3 exe file from the Microsoft site. When I try to install it, everything goes fine till the 'finishing installation' stage and then a series of 'unknown software objection' errors start popping up at various sites like 'SVChost' and 'RunDll" etc. etc. The installation stops. I have to restart my PC and go through the rollback process. As advised by various sites, I do turn off all my security software including antivirus and antispyware, etc., before I initiate the installation. I would be obliged if someone could help me out on this.

A:unable to install SP3

Although you are disabling antivirus/antispyware in the system tray, some related antivirus/antispyware modules could still be running as "Processes" and will be visible in "Task Manager" under the "Processes" tab.

You must therefore execute "end process" for any such processes before commencing the SP3 installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-sp3-670907.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi

I am having problems, with my computer. I have been unable to install any programs for the past few months.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

A:Unable to Install anything

Hello theevildon & welcome to TSF

Go To: Start --> type cmd, then hit Enter. (To use Chkdsk, you must log on as an administrator) --> Type chkdsk/ r and hit Enter. You might have to restart your computer.

Post back with the results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-anything-662679.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello,
After formatting my computer im now in the stage of installing all the bits and bobs back on again.
nothing will install and leaves me with the error message:
"Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation. Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information"
I couldnt find anything about why this is happening but i found a way how to solve it.
to solve it it said:
"Well problem finally solved.
All you have to do is add a group called "Users" in the groups and users settings of the administrative settings and it will install..."

I am using "Windows XP Home Edition" and "Service Pack 1" and i have not found anywere that allows me to do this.
if anyone could tell me how to add the group called "users" and all that could you tell me please.
Thanks very much
James Woolley

Relevancy 37.84%

when i have a clean install of XP SP3 for my PC, its always come out a error message saying that

cant load installer for CDROM,
cant load installer for diskdrive
cant load installer for Battery

System
The data is invalid

after completing the XP installation, the windows could not load.
Thanks for help.

A:unable to install XP SP3

Did you zero wipe the drive, reformat, and error check before the reinstall?
Is this a slip streamed CD? Any scratches on it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-xp-sp3-493946.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Guys,

here comes my first trouble(ofcourse its my frnd who facing the problem).

An error occured and xp didnt detect CD Drive, though it appeared after rollbacking it in device manager.

Now currently he want to install fresh xp, but after copying all files in install procedure, it rstarts normally without going to setup process, the same condition exisited in all the paritions, can ne one solve this ..............................

URGENT Indeed,.................

Advance Thanks. bye.

Relevancy 37.84%

Help me, every time i try to install the update from the store it freezes at "setting up a few more things" usually at 76% but one time at 6%. My computer meets the requirements, all drivers latest.

A:Unable to install 8.1

Try running this MS tool:
Update is available that enables a notification to be displayed that helps you update Windows 8 or Windows RT to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/34038-unable-install-8-1-a.html