Windows Support Forum

X1 Carbon 3rd could not update BIOS pls help

Q: X1 Carbon 3rd could not update BIOS pls help

i recently got a new mainboard for my x1c 2015 and i find that the BIOS just could not get updated through the Lenovo official software.so strangemy current BIOS/EC version is1.03 (N14UJ02W) 1.03 (N14ET25W) 1.02 (N14HT29W)what i've done trying solve this:1 BIOS settings-checked.there is no bios update prevention settings2 BIOS reset-tried but it doesn't work3 System version-changed from Win7 to Win10,nothing happened.anyone could help me figure this problem?.besides,i noticed the info page of BIOS showed that the ME firmware version is blank,could there be any connection with my prob?thanks a lot guys.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: X1 Carbon 3rd could not update BIOS pls help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.96%

Dear all nbsp I have a BS with a very old piece of BIOS installed N ET W dated - - nbsp I have been trying to apply all versions of BIOS listed in nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp http support lenovo Carbon X1 failing update to BIOS - com us en products laptops-and-netbooks thinkpad-x-series-laptops thinkpad-x - nbsp in vain as BIOS update software both Windows version and CD-ROM version fails to verify secured flash image nbsp I would appreciate it very much if you kindly suggest any solution nbsp P S nbsp The BIOS installed on my nbsp X Carbon is NOT listed nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp X1 Carbon - failing to update BIOS https download lenovo com ibmdl pub pc pccbbs mobiles n uj w txt nbsp Package nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp UEFI BIOS BIOS ID nbsp ECP ECP ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Rev nbsp Issue Date-------------------- nbsp ------------------- nbsp --------------- nbsp nbsp ---- nbsp ---------- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp X1 Carbon - failing to update BIOS nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp For nbsp factory use nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:X1 Carbon - failing to update BIOS

HiPlease, specify, the real lapop model. Machine-Type 20BS belongs the 3rd generation of x1c.Anyway, do you have laptop engineering sample?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-failing-to-update-BIOS/td-p/2151461
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello nbsp I have a ThinkPad X Carbon rd generation Two days ago I have updated the nbsp Carbon... ThinkPad Fan - Problem BIOS Update after X1 BIOS to the latest version nbsp The installation went well and I successfully booted into Windows with no Fan Problem after BIOS Update - ThinkPad X1 Carbon... issues However the fan was not working anymore I did not notice this until the laptop was extremely nbsp hot which is very unusual for this laptop under low medium load In particular nbsp I was just running a disk cleanup using the native Windows tool and after minutes I decided nbsp to kill the process this operation usually takes - minutes My Fan Problem after BIOS Update - ThinkPad X1 Carbon... feeling was that due to the temperature the cpu was in nbsp throttling At that moment I noticed that the fan was not active nbsp After a shutdown the fan was again working However I noticed that the fan nbsp kicks in much more often than it nbsp was used to For this reason I did two things - I have downgraded the BIOS to BIOS updated the CPU microcode I am not sure that the microcode was downgraded as well when I downgraded the BIOS nbsp - I have run the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Fan Problem after BIOS Update - ThinkPad X1 Carbon... I was afraid that the high temperatures may have damaged the cpu The tool reported that the maximum temperature of the cpu during the benchmark was always safely within the expected threshold and all the tests were passed nbsp Now I still can see that the fan kicks in much more often than usual I have noticed using sensors nbsp under nbsp Ubuntu that every time there is a very short burst peak of cpu usage e g I start Google Chrome and visit nbsp Gmail the sensors report a very high temperature nbsp but just for lt nbsp second e g from degrees to degrees and then soon goes nbsp back to degrees This is the reason why the fan kicks in it remains active for - minutes starting from a high RPM value and then going down as expected I don't think that the temperature actually reaches degrees I expect an immediate but small increase e g degrees of the temperature due to the burst but nothing like degrees nbsp I think that the sensors are nbsp returning junky values I never saw this temperature behaviour instant jump temperature degrees or more due to short bursts peaks before the BIOS update nbsp In my opinion the sensors are not returning stable values as before but they are very jumpy Few questions - Is there any bug report about BIOS update How can you explain the temporarely non working fan after the update I think this may be a serious concern - How can I debug my issue with the temperature sensors Is there any way to reset them Do you think this is a software or hardware problem - Do you think that the high temperature may have damaged the sensors nbsp nbsp Thank you Emilio nbsp

A:Fan Problem after BIOS Update - ThinkPad X1 Carbon...

Laptop has got anti overheat thing so if temp rises over 100c it will automatically power off like if the battery was dead and that you unplugged it that sort of power off so temps you don't have to worry but as long laptop alone isn't idle at 80-90c then laptop needs clean out to fix it and if that won't fix it then it could be something else

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Fan-Problem-after-BIOS-Update-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-3rd-generation/td-p/3307720
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello, I just recently performed the 26-Jul BIOS update to 1.14, for my Thinkpad Carbon X1 (20BS) with windows 10.The update went ok, but afterwards, Windows is crashing when booting. Using a bootable Windows 10 installation disk also crashes when booting. The recovery environment also crashes when booting. Using detailed logs, it seems to crash when activating the ACPI microcontroller. I would assume that has something to do with the UEFI update, that I have disabled in the BIOS. Enabling it does not recognise the disk, as it is not a GPT partition. I tried to rollback the BIOS, but it does not allow it.  Do you have any suggestion on how to proceeed? Thanks,Pedro

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-Carbon-X1-20BS-Bios-update-windows-locked/td-p/3385126
Relevancy 55.9%

In an attempt to get Ubuntu to boot from an USB flash drive, I reset the BIOS by pressing F9 in the BIOS menu.Unfortunately, it seems to have reset the entire BIOS (instead of just the settings as I had hoped). It doesn't even say "Thinkpad" anymore when it starts up, just "Lenovo" How can I get back my BIOS?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/How-to-reset-Thinkpad-x1-Carbon-BIOS/td-p/3347918
Relevancy 55.9%

I BIOS X1 will enter not Carbon or boot, would be very X1 Carbon will not boot, or enter BIOS grateful for any help out there I have the Lenovo X Carbon type - U nbsp The laptop was booting fine but it had an OEM Windows install filled with bloatware so I wanted to re-image I created a new USB stick and reimaged the machine At the end of the installation I was interrupted and left the laptop for several hours When i returned it was off nbsp Now when I press the power button the keyboard lights flash and the screen shows the Lenovo logo and briefly the message To interrupt normal startup press enter Then turns off I have tried nbsp nbsp - During boot I have tried pressing enter pressing F F and various combinations- Tried the power reset using the paper clip in the hole at the bottom - When I press F repeatedly during boot the computer beeps and says Entering Setup very briefly so fast it's hard to read then turns off- tried booting to USB sticks nbsp Other than the repeated pressing of F which shows the nbsp Entering Setup message nothing has any affect and the laptop just shuts down nbsp Any advice Thanks

A:X1 Carbon will not boot, or enter BIOS

I had the same problem.If you have windows installed, do not shut it down normally, but make a hard reset (press for a few seconds the turn-on button). It looks like Windows Computer (WC) does not really shut down so you miss the chance of entering the BIOS.To me it works by then pressing the F1 button (without any extra Fn or Ctrl, etc..) a few times after pressing the turn-on button again (no need to press them at the same time).Btw., if you want to install GNU/Linux and boot from USB, you may need to change this in the BIOS: _security _disable secure boot, and_startup _UEFY legacy -> both My system: Win10 (now Debian), X1 4th generation, PCIe SSD

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-will-not-boot-or-enter-BIOS/td-p/1218670
Relevancy 55.47%

On my old T420, I was able to set a HD password on my SSD in the BIOS so that if anyone ever stole my laptop and pulled the drive, they wouldn't be able to access the data without the password. I'd like to do the same with my X1 Carbon Gen 4 with 512GB Samsung 950pro NVMe HD.  However, in the BIOS, I see no option to set a HD password.  I can set a power on password, but I don't think this means the HD is encrypted.  I assume anyone can pull the HD and read all the data.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Setting-BIOS-HD-password-for-NVMe-on-X1-Carbon-Gen4/td-p/3437135
Relevancy 55.47%

Yesterday I got some drivers updates along with BIOS update BIOS seems to update successful now its everything under BIOS works I had OS win and Ubuntu with grub I've been a happy user of all these for several months but nbsp The problem is that after some driver update which was done cannot NOTHING Carbon boot 20BS) but BIOS X1 (Gen3 via Lenovo utility for Win I cannot boot any OS nor any OS installation even Recovery ISOs diagnostic X1 Carbon (Gen3 20BS) cannot boot NOTHING but BIOS tools Nothing can be booted BTW I know how to deal with Secure boot and legacy mode I can manage to start the boot process of anything listed above but they all behave the same They X1 Carbon (Gen3 20BS) cannot boot NOTHING but BIOS freeze in the very beggining Everything which involves ACPI just hangs on boot Linux hangs after message ACPI tables successfully requested or smth like this Win displays dots which go round second and then hangs If I add acpi off to Linux boot options it boots but almost nothing works there without acpi support Things which don't require ACPI work For example I can boit BIOS update ISOS Still it does no help as my BIOS version is the latest and it doesn't allow to rollback nbsp It can't be hardware problem as it occured after Windows updated drivers and flashed some firmware not BIOS but I don't know what it was exactly I can access data on SSD and can see some logs if needed nbsp Hope for assistance How to flash again all possible laptop firmware from boot USB What can be flashed except BIOS

A:X1 Carbon (Gen3 20BS) cannot boot NOTHING but BIOS

I tried to use hard reset... Hold that tiny button on the bottom for 30sec approx. Now it doesn't switch on at all o_O Just no reaction on power button. With or without AC. Not even on long press. What shall I do now?Lenovo, what's wrong with your devices? Why can user brick a device just using reset button?!?! Now I cannot even get my data from the SSD... **bleep** it!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Gen3-20BS-cannot-boot-NOTHING-but-BIOS/td-p/3398975
Relevancy 55.04%

Took my X1 Carbon on vacation with me in Thailand.  Used it once.  Tried to boot it the following morning and a message about something missing - in courier font without a screen driver.  Now it will not boot even into just the bios.   Press the power, and the power button lights up, the keyboard function selection is active and can be toggled through, the keyboard can backlight, but nothing else.  Then a short time later it shuts down on its own.  I have tried powering it on and using a paper clip to press the reset button.  Any ideas?

A:X1 Carbon (20A7) No Bios, No Boot, keyboard lighte...

Is your warranty still active?  This would be a good time to use it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-20A7-No-Bios-No-Boot-keyboard-lighted/td-p/3300128
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I updated my X1 Carbon 4th gen to 1.17 BIOS, and since then, opening the lid won't wake the computer from hibernation, except when plugged.Bios changelog states Disabled the power button when the computer is in battery mode and the
computer lid is closedbut when I read "power button", I don't think "this is gonna break the behavior of the lid". And of course, no rollback is possible from 1.17, so I'm stuck with a computer wich won't wake from hibernation correctly. I just can advise you all to not upgrade bios, and see what's inside the next version...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-20FB-1-17-BIOS-broke-wake-from-hibernation-by-opening/td-p/3412880
Relevancy 52.89%

I just updated my laptop the bios the ... Carbon - After computer at X1 remains update, update that was recommended by Lenovo and I left it on to update as it told me not to touch anything or turn anything off nbsp After X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ... the update during its automatic restart it went to this screen and just stayed there for about hours Since then I've tried playing around with the BIOS menu and X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ... tried doing the F - Recovery but it returns to the same windows logo screen except it loads for about seconds and says 'Preparing Automatic Repair' and freezes nbsp P S I had Windows factory but updated to Windows free upgrade way back when they were offering the X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ... free upgrade nbsp nbsp nbsp I may just try taking it to a repair shop I would like to be able to recover files before wiping the entire drive but if needed I am willing to lose everything in order to have my computer working again nbsp Thanks in advance

A:X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ...

Hello,
Welcome to Lenovo Community.
Does this appear to be the problem that you are having? If so, a workaround is included on that page: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/SF16-T0079
Let us know if that helps.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-After-update-computer-remains-at-the-windows-logo/td-p/3432680
Relevancy 52.89%

i download Need For Speed Carbon Update v as it says cannot create seesssion and stuff so i download update and when isntalling the command prompt comes and goes so i probally think it installed but when igo in game it dont work at all it still says v and same problem this is the regini EXP DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt DEFAULT INSTALL DIR EXP quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot - gt quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot EXP quot Install Dir quot - gt quot Install Dir quot EXP HKLM quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot quot Install Dir quot - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO DEF DEFAULT INSTALL DIR lt - C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO ------------ EXP SPANISH INSTALL DIR - gt SPANISH INSTALL DIR EXP quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot - gt quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot EXP quot Install Dir quot - gt quot Install Dir quot EXP HKLM quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot quot Install Dir quot - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO DEF SPANISH INSTALL DIR lt - C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO ------------ EXP INSTALL DIR - gt INSTALL DIR EXP DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt DEFAULT INSTALL DIR EXP VAR DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO EXP quot quot - gt quot EXP EQ VAR DEFAULT INSTALL DIR quot quot - gt EXP SPANISH INSTALL DIR - gt SPANISH INSTALL DIR EXP VAR SPANISH INSTALL DIR - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO EXP DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt DEFAULT INSTALL DIR EXP VAR DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO NUM - gt EXP IF EQ VAR DEFAULT INSTALL DIR quot quot VAR SPANISH INSTALL DIR VAR DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO DEF INSTALL DIR lt - C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO ------------ EXP nfsc patch ini - gt nfsc patch ini EXP Patch - gt Patch EXP InstallDirectory - gt InstallDirectory EXP INSTALL DIR - gt INSTALL DIR EXP VAR INSTALL DIR - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO SET INI nfsc patch ini Patch InstallDirectory Problems) Speed For (Update Carbon : Need lt - C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO Need For Speed : Carbon (Update Problems) please help nbsp

A:Need For Speed : Carbon (Update Problems)

i am a big fan of nfs but now i can't play it.

it starts up. no problem but after a few minutes.. it hangs up then crashes. it automatically exits. then it sets my desktop resolution from 1152x864 to 800x600.

what could be the possible problem? help me with this pls. thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-for-speed-carbon-update-problems.559620/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I've got an X1 Carbon 20FB (4th gen), and noticed it doesn't have Lenovo System Update on it, which I've found useful in the past. So I went to the Lenovo downloads site and found System Update, but it doesn't list the 20FB as one of the X1 Carbons it supports - it only goes up to 20BS, 20BT: http://support.lenovo.com/se/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-... (See the "Note for ThinkPad X1 Carbon users") Should I avoid downloading System Update then? I've not noticed anything that's not functioning, but I figured it makes sense to keep things up to date from a security and features point of view. Why is it not included by default? Thanks for any advice!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/System-Update-on-X1-Carbon-20FB/td-p/3427436
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I have an X1 Carbon. I did an  automated Windows update today, it seemed to work fine initially but then my laptop got into a blue screen loop and kept restarting. The computer worked for a while after that and then gave a blue screen again. This time the keyboards flashed as well for a while, and then the computer turned off. I cannot start the laptop since then. I searched the forum and tried the hard reset, but it did not help. When I try powering on,  keyboard lights turn on for just a second and then they go off. The green power button light turns on  but the computers does not start. Can anyone help? I am traveling for work and looking forward to getting help. Thanks!

A:Carbon X1 will not start after Windows update

What generation of carbin?  What OS?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Carbon-X1-will-not-start-after-Windows-update/td-p/3421675
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am receiving this message when I run sp76205: The system BIOS update file (c:\SWSetup\SP76205\hpqflash\ROM.CAB) is missing or corrupt. The system BIOS will not be updated." SP76205 was just released in June 2016 and I noticed other user are experiencing the same issue with it. Please provide a fix BIOS update or explain how to run this current update...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BIOS-Update-sp76205-Error-Message-Can-t-update-system-bios/td-p/5662276
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm setting up a new X1 Carbon with machine type 20FB. It came with a Samsung MZNTY256HDHP SSD. I noted there was a recent SSD firmware update package for this laptop model, so I downloaded and ran the updater. It reported there were no updates. However, after digging a bit deeper, I discovered that the SSD firmware updater for the X1 Carbon 20A7/20A8/etc. DOES have an update for the SSD in this machine. What is going on here? Does this firmware update somehow only apply when the SSD is installed in a 20A7? Or did this particular model of SSD just get missed when Lenovo was putting together the firmware update package for the 20FB?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Missing-SSD-firmware-update-for-X1-Carbon-20FB/td-p/3485035
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, guys!Some info:X1 Carbon (type 20FC)Intel HD Graphics 520 (driver 20.19.15.4331)Windows is up-to-date So far, everything works fine. If I update my graphics driver through Lenovo Companion to 20.19.15.4444, backlighting is stuck at 100%.If I update my graphics driver through Lenovo's support website/Windows device managers' automatic update to 21.20.16.4505, it kills my backlight completely. The only way to get things back to normal is to boot in safe mode, uninstall the graphics driver, reboot and prevent Lenovo Companion from installing the new driver automatically. Please tell me what's wrong and/or fix the grahics driver. Thanks.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-graphics-driver-update-kills-backlight/td-p/3451963
Relevancy 50.74%

My Samsung series laptop has been sending out popup messages telling me I need a bios update I go to the Samsung software update site and this bios update has been software Bios Samsung update bios,update for fails failing I have made several calls and chats to techs at Samsung who tell me to do what I have already done they tell to ask for tier tech who can go in my computer and fix Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails it When I finally got a tier tech they told me the same thing I told him what I had been told about him and what he could do He said is it working I said yes but settings on computer change on their own like wifi turns itself on and that concerns me Anyway Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails He said that it didn t need a bios update even the Samsung website said this computer needed a bios update I posted this on hardware firmware concerns and they told me to post here I was going to go to a site that had a download that checked drivers I was told to stay away from this Thanks Jim

A:Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails

Are you getting a direct link from the notification update? Can you post the link/site next time?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477131/samsung-bios-software-update-for-biosupdate-fails/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello

My last BIOS update has failed and now my laptop Satellite PrU400 PSU45E is out of order.
I want to use the Crisis Recovery Disk with an USB floppy drive but I don't know the key combination to run the boot-block.
Is anybody can help me?

Best regards

A:Satellite Pro U400 BIOS update failed - What is BIOS Boot-block access

Hi

I wondering what Crisis Recovery Disk do you have ?:|
In my experience the special disk is needed which is available only for ASP technician.
Therefore it?s necessary to contact the ASP in your country in order to reflash the BIOS.

In my opinion you shouldn?t not try any ?Crisis Recovery disks? which you fond in the net? this can lead to mobo damage?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46578-Satellite-Pro-U400-BIOS-update-failed-What-is-BIOS-Boot-block-access
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone I ama new user and i am coming up with this post as I couldn t find any kind of solution update BIOS B590 failure! Lenovo BIOS FLASH! Black... for my problem Recently I decided to do a reinstallation of my operating system which also previously was Windows Ultimate x The installation went as usual and after finishing it I went on to install all the latest drivers from the Lenovo site for my product When getting close to installing almost all the drivers i ve needed i Lenovo B590 BIOS update failure! BIOS FLASH! Black... stumbled upon a new version of the BIOS amnd the drivers and sfotware recommended for my laptop by the producer So i proceeded to install the upgrade restarted the computer when it prompted me to do so but after the so-called restart the laptop did not boot up as usual At first it was telling me to not do anything as the BIOS is being flashed and then it was telling me something about some sort of image processing things that i did not understand at the time i have never encountered anything like that After that my screen turned black I have not done anything for a few couple of minutes as i thought it was supposed to be like that but then i just force shut it down and unplugged the AC adapter When trying to boot it all up again the only thing i got was a black screen and nothing else After doing a little bit of research it appears that somehowm i ve managed to corrupt the bios on my laptop or something and nothing else would work at this point I tried to remove the BIOS battery and the ram and then put them all back tryed resetting the bios by taking out the battery but nothing would work I would be really thankful if anyone would be kind enough to point me one way or another as i do not know what to do at all nbsp Around the webz i found some way of creating a bootable usb flash drive where i would put a compatible version of BIOS from the site and then install it onto the laptop but i do not quite know how to do that properly either as the software they are pointing me to wincrisis is not working by any means

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B590-BIOS-update-failure-BIOS-FLASH-Black-screen-after/td-p/3392941
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a old Tecra 9100 with years of good service, and this is my first problem, but is a great one, after a forced reboot the screen shows a BIOS block 1 damaged message. I have tried to repair the BIOS upgrading to the last version I have found, the 1.6 one, but its a Windows version (to upgrade from a running Toshiba computer I think) and when I try to run it in another computer to generate a FDD and upgrade BIOS, I cant, beacuse a Toshiba common modules message.

Its there any BIOS diskette image-archive I can dowload to perform the BIOS upgrade in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

A:Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?

Hello

All you can find is stuff on Toshiba support page. I don't know where you live but try to contact nearest Toshiba authorized service provider.
They have access to Toshiba database and they can obtain all this for you. Make a call and ask for help. I am pretty sure they will help you to solve this BIOS issue.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46581-Tecra-9100-BIOS-block-1-damaged-and-how-to-update-BIOS
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear all nbsp Since the beginning I got troubles with charging - plugged in not charging The easiest solution was just remove the battery but not for HP Omen I removed battery and destroyed the rubber on the bottom nbsp I had to open the laptop because one morning I got the massegae that my laptop is overheated and fan does not work properly Both fans works only during the lounch when windows works only one fan was in operations second one never starts again Looking for the solution in the internet I have found that this can be because of BIOS is not updated nbsp update vers... works Fan like helicopter-BIOS BIOS is a blocked I pushed F checked the the system everything is fine and then I installed only one version Fan works like a helicopter-BIOS update is blocked BIOS vers... which I have found there No massages regarding overheating any more both Fans are working full power and very very loud Temperature of processors is C In my room C nbsp nbsp I followed all instructions but got massege BIOS update is blocked I downloaded the most previous version again BIOS update is blocked Current version of bios is BIOS version F Sep nbsp Can it be solved somehow nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Fan works like a helicopter-BIOS update is blocked BIOS vers...

@YuraL? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fan-works-like-a-helicopter-BIOS-update-is-blocked-BIOS/td-p/5829795
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me the option to select which programs use the GPU, but there is no GPU actitivity showing up. Also,I've tried playing Skyrim (which auto-detects the PC's graphics cards) , and the game no longer seems to detect the Nvidia GPU (just the Intel integrated graphics).

My laptop model is NP550PC7, with 6 gig of ram, and an i7 quad core CPU, and the OS is Window 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I've tried looking in the BIOS but I can't seem to find anything related to the GPU or display options. Any help or avice is much appreciated.

A:Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.

Hi,

Have you updated your GPU with the latest drivers?

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

Please navigate to:

Start> Control panel> Swith to icon view> device manager.
Look under "Display Adapters"

Is the Nvidia GPU listed there? If so are there any yellow symbols etc?

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290427-problems-nvidia-gpu-post-bios-system-bios-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Made the huge mistake of updating BIOS Had small MOBO usb prob and for some reason thought a BIOS update would do something Wasn t too worried because Gigabyte touts Dual BIOS pretty strong Anyway tried updating BIOS then system would not boot so the Backup BIOS didn t kick in btw the MOBO is a Gigabyte GA-K N Pro So I copied the backup bios to a floppy and used the floppy to fix the problem - xp now freezes tried bios to - BIOS boots but update main bios OK now computer would boot but would freeze up after the desktop icons appear Actually would sometimes work for a few minutes but always froze up Boots OK to safe mode even to the point of getting online so I downloaded the old bios from Gigabyte put them on floppy and used that to update the main bios Same result Also did a system restore from XP Pro Safe Mode because XP wrongly states that this can be undone didn t find out that System Restore done from safe mode cannot be undone until I tried to undo My tech support ABS Computer they rule thinks that the BIOS is now fine that some windows files are corrupt and a re-install will fix problem and mobo is probably fine as well I ll buy that anyone have any miracle suggestions before i re-install Is a repair install worth BIOS problem - tried to update bios - now xp boots but freezes a shot Really not looking forward to re-installing all my software and putting all my data back where it belongs to get my email hist bookmarks etc back thanks - I will now write the following times LEAVE THE BIOS ALONE even with Dual BIOS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problem-tried-to-update-bios-now-xp-boots-but-freezes.541656/
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently took a BIOS update and I later on found out that it has messed up my Notebook. File transfer speed has been riduculously slow, games and movies stutter occasionaly. Everything has changed and it does not look good. Product Info: Model: Pavilion AB522TXOS: Windows 10 64-bit ( updated to the very last) RAM: 8 GBProcessor: i5-6200U

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Downgrade a BIOS update or Optimising BIOS settings

Hey @Rahul_mk,  I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s),  please let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. I understand that you did a BIOS upgrade but it did not take well to your HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx. You mentioned that your Notebook is now slow and games and movies are stuttering.  Many HP Notebooks have an HP BIOS Restore tool that may recover the BIOS from an earlier version and restore basic functionality. Please follow the documentation to do a BIOS reset.  Have you tried to perform a hard reset?Which BIOS version did  you upgrade to? You said that Windows 10 is up to date.Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant for updates also?  You can try following the below steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup Settings:In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.Select Load Setup Defaults.Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with any information you think may help me find a resolution for you. Please also let me know if the BIOS reset works. If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. I am glad that you joined in!  Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Downgrade-a-BIOS-update-or-Optimising-BIOS-settings/td-p/5692324
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a five-month old HP Compaq Presario Laptop, which has been working fairly decently (I've had a few virus scares, and my Norton quarrentined something a twenty days ago). On HP's advice, I just updated the BIOS on my laptop. It's currently stuck at Verifying New Bios Image, and it's at 100% - It's been stuck that way for a half-hour plus. Any advice? What should I do?

A:HP BIOS Update Stuck at "Verifying New Bios Image 100%"

You have no choice but to force a reboot and keep your fingers crossed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374403/hp-bios-update-stuck-at-verifying-new-bios-image-100/
Relevancy 46.44%

HP software said there was a bios update and it ran through this one screen said it recommended backing up the bios in case of corruption and it created a partition. Computer will now not boot and as its new I dont have a recovery disk. How is it that an automatic HP update can kill the computer. Anyone know if removing the partition will solve it or if /i have likely lost everything on the C drive. Any help appreciated thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Desktop-has-done-a-HP-bios-update-creating-a-bios-recovery/td-p/5847609
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Lenonvo H50-55 desktop with an AMD A10-7800 APU (3.5GHz), 12GB RAM, 2 HDD's, and an Nvidia GTX 750 video card, running Windows10 Home x64. My current BIOS  version is IRKT54AUS, and the latest available version on Lenovo's update page for my machine is IRKT57AUS. When I try to flash my BIOS from the downloaded update file, I get the error message in the subject. I am starting everything with Admin privileges, but that makes no difference. If it's a Lenovo machine with stock BIOS, why am I getting an "unknown vendor" message? Inquiring minds want to know  TIA!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/quot-Unknown-BIOS-vendor-quot-when-trying-to-update-BIOS/td-p/3364947
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I saw the new BIOS version 1.25 dated ?14?.?09?.?2016 appearing on Lenovos support site. I did not check the version I was having on my system before downloading the "new BIOS", so I started the installer and the tool told me I already have this BIOS version. msinfo32.exe tells me I am having BIOS 1.25 dated 13.07.2016. So apparently the BIOS was released already some time ago and I already flashed it to 1.25. So whats the point of re-releasing the 1.25? If there are any changes of todays version compared to the 1.25 released some time ago, is it worth flashing? If yes, how can I do this if the tool tells me I am already having the latest version and it does not let me override my BIOS? Thanks and best regards,Martin

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450s-recent-BIOS-update-1-25-is-an-old-BIOS-version-released/td-p/3431576
Relevancy 45.58%

i have a computer i got from my aunt, when the computer starts up, at the top of the screen it says award modular BIOS v4.51PG

at the bottom it says: 08/21/1998-ALADDIN5-2A5KKB0DC-00

i want to know if there is an update for the bios, because i want to use a Maxtor 80GB hard drive.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

a friend gave me his HP DV6500 Notebook to fix it. He said it made an update and then for hours nothing happened. He shut it and started again.

I could see that it tried to recover 2 times. The second time it was successful but it somehow resetted or returned the Vista to a fresh install!!! His data was locked in a previous User account, I backed it up on a usb-stick with a linux live cd.

I can't make a reinstall because now a bluescreen always appears even when I boot from Vista DVD.

ntoskrnl.exe corrupt when try to boot vista in the normal way.
How can I fix that without being able to use the repair option of the DVD?
Sorry, the title of the thread is wrong. I figured out already that the BIOS version is for an Intel. So everything is ok with the BIOS actually.

A:Solved: HP DV6500 Notebook wrong BIOS update by HP update function?

Ok, I could fix it after following instructions from this page:

http://www.delmartian.com/nullpoint...0C1F5-0xC1F5-C1F5-BSOD-CLFS.SYS-KB946084.html

The Txf-log had to be removed and afterwards I was able to use the repair function of the Vista DVD again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-dv6500-notebook-wrong-bios-update-by-hp-update-function.819668/
Relevancy 44.72%

HiI own a X1 Carbon Gen 2 thinkpad and wonder if it is possible to replace the current keyboard with a X1 Carbon gen 3 keyboard (with proper mouse buttons), or if it will not fit?I have tried to check the manuals and the connectors seems similar although some things, such as the fingerprint reader, seems different. I have no problem "loosing" the adaptive keyboard and fingerprint reader if I can have all the functionality of the keyboard and trackpoint on the new "keyboard" (i.e. the gen 3 frontpanel).

A:X1 Carbon Gen 3 Keyboard on X1 Carbon Gen 2

I am interested in this exact topic as well. Looks like the Gen 3 keyboards lack the adaptive keyboard - that clear stripe on the top that changes. The FRU for these X1 Carbons seem to be the whole keyboard, adaptive part, trackpad and bezel - they go for 150 USD or so. Problem is we don't know if it will work given the model year differences. A nice alternative would be just to replace the trackpoint. They came close with this one, but it is no macbook in terms of tactile feel of the pad. I really am having a hard time with it and it's been about a month.  Lenovo please help!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Gen-3-Keyboard-on-X1-Carbon-Gen-2/td-p/1939212
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys I have a REAL newbie question I ve tried reading a bunch of tutorials but they re a little over my head I think my question is pretty basic but Motherboard BIOS Drivers INCLUDES Update and Windows on M2A-VM? Update after Windows Update INCLUDES Motherboard Drivers and BIOS Update on M2A-VM? a couple hours research hopefully someone here would be kind enough to help I have an M A-VM motherboard and my system keeps freezing up no input from keyboard or mouse no ctl-alt-del nothing It freezes intermittently but never goes more than hours without freezing sometimes freezes in a few seconds with minutes being the average time it works before freezing Seems to freeze more often immediately when I m using the mouse than any other time but it will freeze on it s own just idling if you give it enough time I ve read a few things including updating bios and downloading the latest motherboard drivers My problem starts when I go to download the mobo drivers from this page ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- It lists driver updates there for my motherboard files found Qualified Vendor List BIOS BIOS History BIOS-Utilities Chipset AUDIO LAN Utilities Manual And apparently I m missing these Windows Updates Q - Important Q - Important Q - Critical Q - Important Q - Important Q - Moderate Question Do I download all Surely my machine can t need updates How do I know which ones to download and install Question Will a windows update select the appropriate motherboard drivers from this list or is that unrelated Question Will a windows update automatically select these particular updates for me or do I need to do anything manually to get them Question How do I update BIOS Which to choose there are listed above Is this something a professional should do or is it simple enough for a guy like me If anyone takes mercy on me and responds I ll be eternally grateful and I ll promise to help a lost soul in the future as repayment I ll take any help I can get Here are my specs Processor gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board ASUSTeK Computer INC M A-VM XX BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD ASUS M A-VM ACPI BIOS Revision Chipset Support AMD Socket AM Athlon Athlon FX Athlon X Sempron RAM Megabytes Usable Installed Memory OS Windows Professional build Thanks guys

A:Windows Update INCLUDES Motherboard Drivers and BIOS Update on M2A-VM?

I have the same board on another pc.

You only need to download and install only that which would make your setup current.

You really only need to update the bios if you will be moving up to a newer processor that is not currently supported by the current bios or if the newer bios fixes a known problem.

You need the latest motherboard chipset driver. (I would install this first if you haven't already)

You need the latest LAN driver.

The audio driver you can either download from Asus or from RealTek.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/90093-windows-update-includes-motherboard-drivers-bios-update-m2a-vm.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Trying to download these updates. Have left computer on for hours to allow them to complete. It never does. Now I read in another post don't update for updating's sake. If that is the case, how can i tell the HP Support assistant (down in the right hand corner) to ignore these?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-update-SP76318-and-touchpad-update-SP76497/td-p/5725520
Relevancy 44.29%

I have on failed a... update Update System ThinkVantage bios or had a laptop purchased months ago therefore under warranty Yesterday the ThinkVantage System Update recommended a BIOS update After the traditional recommendations about what ThinkVantage System Update failed on update bios a... should not shut down the computer the laptop is reset and started with the update During execution displayed on a screen command a message ERROR XXXX Press any key to continue ThinkVantage System Update failed on update bios a... After press the key the laptop was freezedy was completely blocked After an hour without seeing response and no sign of life I decided to turn it off to confirm the disaster The laptop was dead The laptop began to beep and would not start Before the panic generated by the situation I searched the forums where I found several cases that refer to the same ThinkVantage System Update failed on update bios a... problem and the insinuation that makes LENOVO about the customer's responsibility to avoid recognizing the warranty I was not looking for a BIOS update it was recommended by ThinkVantage System Update the software executed it and damage the equipment Besides being a damage caused by the ThinkVantage System Update the situation gets worse when the answer given by support insinuates that the customer turn off the computer so it is a CID Customer Induced Damage and therefore the guarantee does not cover it I do not understand how LENOVO may imply that the responsibility of the customer Really disastrous In conclusion if you are not needing to make a BIOS update it is preferable to omit the BIOS update messages given to ThinkVantage System Update unless it is willing to buy of your own money a new laptop

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/ThinkVantage-System-Update-failed-on-update-bios-and-damage-the/td-p/3453945
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a HP 2000 Notebook PC that goes in a continue loop with a black screen.  The operating system does not load.  The fan works and the led power light is operational.  A current system check reveals the last bios update being F.20 and UEFI update being 4.3.3.3.  I downloaded the most current BIOS on  an USB drive and attempted the BIOS update.  The BIOS upgrade did not recognize the usb drive and I was unable to load the update.  I downloaded the most current UEFI firmware and want to know how to upload it.  Can anyone provide some assistance?  Thank you and have a great day.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-Screen-BIOS-update-UEFI-Update/td-p/5733628
Relevancy 44.29%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

A:got the windows 10 free upgrade and used the dell diagnostics tool to upgrade driver and bios everything worked fine until the update of the bios!!!!

I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.

Dell just saying it's a "possibility" the motherboard might need to be replace. No one can tell you that motherboard is definite "Fried" without first looking at the system.
What is the system model number and version of windows before upgrading to windows 10? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10
You're able to boot into BIOS(F2 key) and diagnostic (F12 key) ?
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key ( BIOS) or F12 key( BIOS) continuously

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988802
Relevancy 44.29%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19988802
Relevancy 43.86%

Now I don't want to shut down or restart my computer because I fear it won't boot up. This is awful. Is there anything I can do to restore my BIOS whilst my computer still works?

A:Just used @BIOS to update my BIOS, it failed at 50%

Argh is there ANYTHING I can do? I'm going to have to leave my computer on permanently otherwise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/202867-just-used-bios-update-my-bios-failed-50-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

How do I reset the BIOS or update the BIOS and how can I make the USB drive boot in boot menu? I have been contacting Microsoft multiple times and they need this info to fix my problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-reset-the-BIOS-or-update-the-BIOS-and-how-can-I/td-p/5813424
Relevancy 43.86%

When I open setup,it shows: http://imgur.com/a/tR8bRI have acer aspire v3-571G  Windows 8.1 Pro

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Can-t-update-Q5WV1217-1-13-bios-to-2-17-bios/td-p/449960
Relevancy 43.86%

Model: HP EliteBook 2560pOriginal OS: Windows 7Current OS: Windows 7 64 bit Problem:I tried to update the BIOS using this file:http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5071202&swItemId=ob_167641_1&swEnvOid=405...Released:3 Jun 2016Version F.62 Rev.A After performing BIOS update with sp76188.exe (7.7 MB) the system won't boot. No power problems occurred during the procedure. I have tried creating recovery USB Key, power up pressing Win+b, but the only effect is Caps Lock blinking and CPU fan working. Solutions for Phoenix BIOS won't work, because it isn't Phoenix BIOS, am I right? Do you have any ideas how to fix this? Best regards,macio232 

A:BIOS corruption after BIOS update

Hello, please use the link below to download the link for latest drivers  http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5071202&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060 Please be advised there may be chances you will loose complete data while bios recovery  please download the bios file on empty USB Stick and create USB recovery by running that file from the USB drive then follow the instructions as below: with the USB recovery media inserted on the unit  Turn off the computer.Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off.Still pressing the Windows and B keys, press and hold down the Powerbutton on the notebook for 1 second, and then release the Powerbutton and the keys.  

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.Regards,Vijay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-corruption-after-BIOS-update/td-p/5781678
Relevancy 43.43%

I bought this HP Probook G and it has just run out of warranty which I intend to renew very soon nbsp I don't like or so I spent more than I wanted to and I bought a new Windows lappy that is a business laptop nbsp I always do the recommended updates that I receive by E mail but one I never do which is the Bios update nbsp The last time I did a Bios update on this lappy it wouldn't fire up afterwards Rang tech help and after going through some troubleshooting it went back for repair It came back working and luckliy i didn't have many pictures on it Started from scratch and haven't had a problem since nbsp I am now scared to do the Bios update nbsp And nbsp Beofre I bought this laptop I bought a Windows from HP direct Hardly use it but update virus protection to Scared G3. Probook update. update. 455 bios as necassary and last week there was a Bios update to perform I also took out another years warranty on it nbsp Same think happened Last week in fact nbsp Wouldn't fire up afterwards Again Tech help tried to help but in the end after frequent crashes it went in for repair on Friday Good job I took out the extra warranty nbsp I am now down to laptop which I do not want to fail on me nbsp I don't seem to have much luck with the bios update. Probook 455 G3. Scared to update. Bios updates nbsp Advice please Is the Bios absolutely essential

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/bios-update-Probook-455-G3-Scared-to-update/td-p/5778110
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,I have this note book since 2013 it was running windows 8.0  I try to upgrade it to woindows 8.1 with no success. And I saw someone from the forum says if revert BIOS back to old version 01.05 will do. I tried it didn't help. Then I try again to update the bios to newest ver 01.31 .Now the computer take ages to boot up. "One drive shows script err" and can't even go to Store to down load it say "Your PC isn't connect to internet..."  but my internet access and all the program is working just slow.Now what can I do? Go back to old Bios version? How? or you have any suggestion to upgrade to windows 8.1 or windows 10?Any help would be much appreciated. Stanley

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/can-not-update-from-win8-0-to-8-1-update-the-bios-to-ver01/td-p/5630471
Relevancy 43.43%

hi, i have been hitting my head for long to get the answer of this question... and got no sophisticated answer in my google search, hopefully u guys could help me out..

well, they ask for BIOS UPDATE, gather your bios version n brand name, go for appropriate site nd have update..?
but the question that arise in my mind..(being tech student and encounter this bootstrap loader numerous times) is
BIOS IS A "ROM" CHIP, and so we must only be able to read from it..
then how is it possible to write on it and update the BIOS and more over, in my college books i find.. if u want to update your bios then u have to change your entire chip or sometime even motherboard

hopefully i will find sufficient answer.. thanx for anyhelp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys I just bought a new PC for school and the HP Support Assistant program recommends an update to the BIOS Now I know the update is available but I also know that you typically should only update if their is a problem as updating BIOS is risky if not done properly Now since is a recommended update I have already attempted the update and it has failed twice I do not want to keep taking chances of messing up a brand new machine just for an update that may not even been necessary to begin with nbsp What I would like to know is what exactly does this update update: Should I update? recommended BIOS HP add fix on this machine I have already searched the Internet but have been unsuccessful in finding a description for this paticular update If someone could please take a look at the attached screenshot and let me know what this update is for I would be most appreciative At least then I could make an informed decision HP recommended BIOS update: Should I update? on wether or not I'm going to attempt HP recommended BIOS update: Should I update? this update again nbsp Thank you nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-recommended-BIOS-update-Should-I-update/td-p/5733391
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I have updated my HP Elite 8200 CMT from windows 7 to windows 10. In the HP driver download page, there is no BIOS update for windows 10. But I have noticed that there is BIOS update for Windows 7.  The question is, may I use it on Windows 10 ?  And in general, are BIOS updates OS dependant ? 

A:Bios update after update to Windows 10

Hi: You can pull the DOS based flash file folder out of the BIOS package, copy just the contents of the DOS flash folder to a USB flash drive formatted with the FAT file system. Plug the flash drive in a usb port, restart the PC, tap the ESC key to get the menu of options. Select the F10 System setup option to gain access to the BIOS. Select the File menu>Flash system ROM command.  Select the USB flash drive. The PC will see the files on the flash drive.  Follow the on screen prompts to update the BIOS. That way it makes no difference what operating system you are running. One very important note...I have read the installing the latest BIOS 2.29 causes issues with W10. There is a forum post regarding that... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Compaq-8200-Elit...I am running v2.28 on my HP 8200 Elite CMT, and have no issues at all on W10. I read that post and decided not to update the BIOS to v2.29.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Bios-update-after-update-to-Windows-10/td-p/5752627
Relevancy 42.14%

CPU fan failed and PC would not boot except to fan failure message Fan has been replaced but now no bios update update - option to constantly getting blue screen error BSOD which reads WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR and sometimes other errors Windows tries to boot into recovery but BSODs again and again nbsp What I've tried nbsp nbsp Reset BIOS to defaults DONE - same behavior after reset bios update - no option to update to nbsp BIOS defaults nbsp nbsp Tried booting from USB drives several using Linux recovery tools Kaspersky Ubuntu Live etc KERNEL PANIC etc nbsp nbsp Downloaded BIOS update from HP and created BIOS update USB Rebooted with USB key I turned off secure boot etc to allow USB booting - NOTHING I tried this both allowing BIOS to run untouched nbsp and by going into BIOS options pressing ESC boot up - no options anywhere bios update - no option to update to bios update - no option to update read update BIOS nbsp According to an HP Support doc I tried updating the BIOS from w in HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI The version on this PC is version nbsp I see no nbsp option to update UEFI Flash BIOS Options read as follows System Information System Tests Component Tests Test Logs Language Exit nbsp nbsp What do I try next please nbsp BIOS JA v CPU AMD A - RAM GB DDR single DIMM in slot nbsp nbsp nbsp NOTE System came w RAM in slot Doesn't POST if RAM DIMM is in slot Is this normal

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-update-no-option-to-update/td-p/5763564
Relevancy 41.71%

Greetings!
I have an Optiplex 9010 AIO. This morning I was trying to update the BIOS of my system, from A10 to A13. During the update process it showed an error: "ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer " - please see the photo below. Although the update failed on the Management Engine part, it still boots up and running OK. I tried couple of times to update the BIOS, and each time I got the same error. I tried to flash the A12 and A11 BIOS as well, A12 gives same error, and A11 has the same Management Engine version hence no use.
Any help on this is very much appreciated!

A:Optiplex 9010 AIO BIOS Update Error - ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer

Hi Stone3t,
Can you provide a screen shot showing the current BIOS version?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19534388
Relevancy 40.42%

I am trying to get my Bios or Update EZ-Bios? system to reconize my new gig IBM HDD It will show in the bios with incorrect cylinders heads ect but only after boot up After searching this site by the way is great I have come to realize that I either need to update my bios or attemp to use a quot overlay quot program It s all new to me but I have contacted Award Bios Update or EZ-Bios? Bios for an evaluation on wich update I need still waiting back from them I have been looking at EZ-Disc for from there site and it look like it could be a fix also My main question s are should I go with the update or EZ Does Award charge for the updates Is this actually a fix I did a Belarc Advisor profile and come up with this- System Model I m not sure what this means Bios Update or EZ-Bios? VIA Tech VT C BX Main Circ Board - -ITE BIOS- Award PG I m using Win SE w mghz Celeron Any insight would be appreciated thanks Jason nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

HP support assistant shows that there is the following update:HP notebook System BIOS updateSoftpaq nunber SP74378version F.34Ap1 tried to download and install without success should I worry ?thank you

Solved!
View Solution.

A:BIOS update

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. No, no need to worry. Updating the BIOS/UEFI is not a critical task and I'd suggest you leave it that way for now. General recommendation I provide to users/customers is NOT to upgrade BIOS/UEFI unless they experience any kind of specific BIOS/UEFI issue. Updating just for updaing and just for using the latest verson is not solution. Any kind of update (no matter for what and who relesed it) can fix 2 issues but may introduce 10 more issues. Additionally, upgrading the BIOS (for any vendor) poses more risks because BIOS recovery is not that easy as compared to typical software updates IF something goes wrong.Upgrade/update IF you have specific issues which you know are fixed in the newer version or for some severe security issues. Otherwise, keep the existing version as long as possible. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-update/td-p/5582051
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, Recently i upgraded my HP from Windows 8 to Windows 10 , updated some drivers...... but it seems that my bios is outdated ...... so i  am unable to find  any bios package or update in  "Software and driver" section . So please help me to find and download a new bios update. (HP ENVY dv6-7350ee Notebook PC)Thanks .

A:Bios Update ?!

JoeSokhen Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but BIOS updates for the Envy DV6 series haven't been issued since 2014.  If you are already running BIOS version F.2D, then there are no newer BIOS versions for that notebook. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Bios-Update/td-p/5618874
Relevancy 39.56%

hello i have a laptop (Advent roma 1000)
which does not work properly no more... last time it did was before i cleaned it's fan
it keeps shutting down on me every 2-3 minutes....im not sure whether the bios or the motherboard is the problem , im currently writing on my other laptop which is exactly the same...advent roma 1000....so can someone please tell me how do i update my bios...
Bios version: Phoenix 1.5AD
SMBIOS VERSION :2.5...
i deleted the OS from the laptop as i dont want the problem to get any serios then it already is....im thinking of putting a windows 8 on it as it doesnt use the proccesor that much...some help on how to update my bios would be usefful thanx

A:Update my bios

Hello naspa
I don't know why you want to update the bios if you have cleaned the fan.
Maybe accidentely you have loosen something in your motherboard, look for that and tighting it up.
On the other hand you say that you own two similar laptops, if the good one is working fine then see what the version of the bios is and act accordingly to the malfunctioning one.
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/228205-update-my-bios.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have recently upgraded to win 7 and installed 2gb of ram, problem is my bios does not support it, how can i resolve this on a packard bell easynote laptop. the OS works fine but i need to upgrade the bios to support the ram. any solutions plz?

A:bios update

and welcome to the Forum

Your BIOS does not support what? . . the extra memory or windows 7. Have you looked at the PB support site for their specifications?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bios-update-500363.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello So i just installed windows on my Inspiron N Dell computer and now when i reboot the computer it just shows the logo and then the screen goes dark and nothing else happens I did some research and found that it was because my bios version is outdated So the current bios version i had is A I went to Dell com and typed in the service tag and realized that the new uptaded one is A So because my computer doesn t really work i decided to download it on another one and then transfer that to a usb flashdrive So first I used this website http update BIOS www dell com support article us en SLN EN i followed BIOS update the directions and everything and then I downloaded the new updated version of bios and transferred it to the usb So then i put the usb in the computer and restarted the computer and kept hitting the F button The quot please select boot device quot comes up and i choose USB storage device button When i do error messages come up Bad or missing file HIMEM sys and bad or missing file RAMDRIVE SYS What does that all mean and also i did a diagnostic test and everything was good any help would be appreciated thank you so much nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello. During booting, I get this message: << upgrade bios or use force_addr=0xaddr >> So, I want to update bios, but I don't find any firmware. Any help on this? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-update/td-p/5620100
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello so my sister has Acer Aspire S - - ultrabook and the bios has never been updated and the bios on there is from and suffice it to say there have Bios Update been probably or so bios updates since What I am wondering is the computer came installed with Windows and well has now been updated to Windows and when I go to the Acer s website and type in my serial number to bring up the ultrabook and appropriate driver and or bios updates everything is for either Windows or and there are two options BIOS - UEFI for windows not for Upgrade or just Bios Either way there is nothing for windows so I am wondering if Bios Update I can flash one of the other Bios updates that are stated for Windows or not as some of these bios updates actually fix some issue relating to heat and or fan speed issues this Ultrabook was upgraded from Windows to using the integrated upgrade feature if that matters at all Thanks nbsp

A:Bios Update

I do NOT do a bios update unless there are problem that an update will fix.

That said, I have only updated the bios once on any of my many machines that I have had over the past 30 years.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-update.1167870/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi! I have problem with BIOS update 1.32 for my notebook Aspire e5 - 571g! I tried to update it to the latest version from the official Acer page. I did every step like in instruction, updated it from Windows not from DOS. When everything was done, i starded to getting BSOD "video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys." "System Thread Exception Not Handled" "video memory management internal" when i play game or use applications. But everything works fine, when i dont play games and etc. I tried to reinstall video drivers, but it doesnt helps me and i tried to set default BIOS settings too.For information. I upgraded my Windows from 8 to 10 and i didnt have same problems. It begins from BIOS update. What i need to do? Can You help me please?P.S. sorry for my bad english 

Are you sure, you downloaded the correct files?http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.32_A_A.zip?acerid=635955932782964602&S... the only instructions is:How to update BIOS:Click Z5WAH132.exe no DOS file available...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/BIOS-update/td-p/449185
Relevancy 39.56%

I have hp envy 15 j110txCurrently updating hp bios and taking too long.How much long is it gonna take?What will happen if I interrupt this update, by removing battery or force shut down?Is that gonna affect my laptop?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Bios-update/td-p/5717893
Relevancy 39.56%

This is an unusual request for help.

I have Asus A8N-SLI motherboard and up until yesterday the BIOS rev was 1016
and I had no problems. Looked on the Asus site and found there was an update
to 1805 beta.

I installed this latest version using the updater and the BIOS was duly installed on the CMOS.

Xpro/SP2 and all programs ran OK but in BIOS setup I cannot find "boot from keyboard or space bar" which existed in 1016

So I tried to return to 1016 but this cannot be done using the updater. I have emailed Asus but have no reply, so you geniuses please helt a 73 year old geriatric

Relevancy 39.56%

how to update my old Bios with new one ?

my motherboard is Acer (TX531 V1.0)
Acer 1543 B1 Acer 1531 B1
9738 TS6 9737 TS7

Thanks in advance

Regards !

Relevancy 39.56%

HP Support Assistant lists an update for system BIOS (Softpaq # SP76361, version F.28AP1).  I downloaded and installed and restarted when prompted.  No evidence of failure to install--BUT the Support Assistant continues to display a message that this update is available, and the Action Log does not appear to have the BIOS Update listed. msinfo.exe shows BIOS Version/Date as:  Insyde F.28, 6/14/2016. Have I successfully updated the BIOS?  If so, how do I make the Support Assistant stop prompting to update?  If not, why did I not get a message indicating failure when I tried to update. Thank you,Elaine

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-update/td-p/5717653
Relevancy 39.56%

I get windows telling me to update my BIOS. How do you update your BIOS?

DELL Inspiron 1100, Windows XP home.

John

A:Bios Update

Are you sure its windows? What exactly is it saying and when.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-update.497593/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,
Been trying to update bios on an Optiplex 160, Atom 330 dual core processor, 160 gb hard drive.  Running Windows 10.  Current bios version is AO6 dated 5/11/2010.  Downloaded both newer bios versions AO8 and A10.  Neither would install.  Both generated the following error message related to WinRBU which I determined is Winstron Remote Bios Update.  The message reads as follows: "Get system information Error Open service Err #00000424:Error_Service_Does_Not_Exist"  Everything else seems to be working properly.  Windows 10 is activated.
Any suggestions?

A:Cannot Update Bios

Why do you need to do a BIOS update? Almost never needed. Check the updates to see what they do. I really don't believe in doing them unless necessary because of a problem. I don't often do them, and am running Win 10 on 8-10 year old machines.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19966145
Relevancy 39.56%

I found a new BIOS dated Oct 2016.  When I downloaded the program and ran it, it notified me that it couldn't find pmxdll32e.dll.  The screen to update the bios came up, but I cancelled it as I didn't know the implications of running without this dll.  Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance Steve

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-Update/td-p/5846290
Relevancy 39.56%

Alienware x R I updated the BIOS for two reasons first was I forgot my password and the second was that I was still on BIOS Update A Now on A A came out before W and wanted to just make sure it everything was up to date The update went smoothly the issue is BIOS Update from the boot process Before when I was on A I m pretty sure it always booted with Legacy mode unless I m mistaken After going into A it naturally tries to boot with Legacy but it gives this message quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key quot I can boot by choosing UEFI boot Windows Boot Manager Oddly enough within the BIOS it still has Legacy set as the boot mode so if I restart shut down it will attempt to boot with that first I know that attempting to change the boot option from BIOS gives a warning Is this a known issue with A nbsp

A:BIOS Update

Try changing the Legacy option to UEFI and Legacy (both) and see what that does for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-update.1171052/
Relevancy 39.56%

HI People,
I just downloaded and ran Everest, it said my bios date was 1999 and gave a link for updated version,should i download and install,what will it do to my system,will it cause me any problems.
gmanwill.

A:Update For Bios

In general a BIOS update should only be done to correct a problem. If your system is working well there is no reason for an update. If you're not sure read what the BIOS revision contains and see if it applies to your system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-for-bios.298511/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone. I am afraid that my BIOS might be out of date. I have no idea how to check and see if it is and how to update it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 39.56%

I installed the new bios update for HP Pavilion p6-2100. System informationsays I still have 7.23 version, not 7.23A. Bios date is still 2012. The bios appeared to flash ok. Not sure why I appear to have the old bios.  

A:Bios update

Hi @gayle56 ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Regards,George

I work for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Bios-update/td-p/4786419
Relevancy 39.56%

I have had this lap top 3 days...HP support Assistant notified me of several updates that needed to be done. All were completed sucesfully except this Bios Update....It started to install and took 2 hours without completeing...I had to stop it. this morning again it notified me and I started the installation and it has been hours and hours. Now it has me scared to death. I have read things that tell me everything from  Don't let it go on any longer or It will ruin the lap top  to  Let it complete or you will break the motherboard. It would have helped imensely to have a manual to refer to BEFORE  I started the updates. I am the only caregiver for my 46 year old son with Huntington's Disease. I just don't have the time to deal with all of this without numerous interuptions...PLEASE what shall I do?? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-update/td-p/5722686
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello everyone ;

I want to update my bios without any mistakes can cause me something , I would like to know how to update the Bios correctly , and thanks in advance .

My pc is : Hp Pavilion m9379.fr
Prod :KZ776AA-ABF
CIN :CZX83463KX

A:How to update BIOS

anas88, may I ask why you want to update your BIOS? HP's website will provide updates for your BIOS, when looking at the notes for BIOS version you should only update it if you are having problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/298155-how-update-bios.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I m using XP - G Motherboard from AMPTRON running XP HOME but somehow the bios is from msi AWARD bios I Try to update to latest due to some problems with current bios and followed the instructions but somehow when at boot and i was at update - Bios help Need CPU A My keyboard won t type anything This has happened in the past as well For example when choosing which bootscreen the Up and Down arrows won t CPU Bios update - Need help work F for safemode never worked When receiving error and to choose if wanting to start in regular mode or not my keyboard never worked at startup only way that it works is when i press DELETE which goes to BIOS So my problems are - Bios install won t work followed instruction from MSI by making a bootdisk to boot into DOS then typing the name of the bios update - Keyboard problem at startup How to fix this keyboard won t work until windows is loaded and up to the login screen Bios im trying to update to http www msi com tw program support bios bos spt bos detail php UID amp kind Latest there Thank you Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Downloaded HP Bios update. Turned off the computer when it was done. Now it won't turn on. The power button lights up every few seconds, there's a clicking sound and then it goes off again.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-update/td-p/5720651
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,
I have been thinking about updating my BIOS.

Firstly 'cause it's old and secondly because I would like to put a better hard drive in my PC (I did have a 200GB in but it kept corrupting files and messing up the PC, I eventually found out it was because the BIOS was an older version and didn't support such a big hard drive).
Anyway, will a BIOS update fix this problem?

Also, what are the risks in a BIOS update? Could it "beep" up my motherboard or anything??

Relevancy 39.56%

Okay, i have had my computer since early 2004, and its starting to run slow on games like Battlefield 2 (getting disconnected after loading) and other games, and i have been told that i should update my BIOS, but i havent the faintest clue on what that is, or how i can update it. Can anyone please explain this to me .
edit- I have a windows XP, and a dell dimension 4600, and im looking in my dxdiag, and it says i have Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A09
Dell computer corp. A09 2/20/2004
and my SMBIOS version is 2.3

A:How do I update my BIOS?

Unless you are trying to fix a problem with hardware incompatibility and for which the motherboard maker / Dell have released a fix specifically relating to the issue, you should not flash the BIOS.

It is certainly not a "recreational activity", it is normally done only when a new Windows version or such things as RAID arrays need to be accommodated, or similar events.

If a BIOS flash goes bad (and sadly a reasonable % do) then often the motherboard can be economically unrepairable, which in a Dell system means a new specific Dell motherboard of exactkly the same model or the installed Windows version will not work, requiring a new copy.

A failed BIOS flash leads to a high expense in other words, so unless you have absolute evidence it is needed, don't go there!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-update-my-bios.567841/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I m looking to update my BIOS as is out of date according to Sisoft however I m having a nightmare of a time trying to find a BIOS update for it The only thing I know is the following from Sisoft SiSoftware Sandra Mainboard Manufacturer Biostar MP Support No Model nVidia-nForce System BIOS -nVidia-nForce- A BB C- Chipset nVidia nForce ICP System Memory Controller Location Mainboard Error Correction Capability None Number of Memory Slots Maximum Installable Memory BIOS to Looking update GB Bank - A DIMM MB Bank - A DIMM MB Chipset Model Nvidia Corp nForce AGP Controller Bus es ISA AGP PCI USB i c SMBus Front Side Bus Speed x MHz MHz data rate Maximum FSB Speed Max Memory Speed x MHz x MHz Width -bit IO Queue Depth request s Chipset Hub Interface Type HyperTransport Version In Out Width -bit -bit Speed x MHz MHz data rate Logical Chipset Memory Banks Bank MB DDR-SDRAM - - - CL CMD Bank MB DDR-SDRAM - - - CL CMD Channels Speed x MHz MHz data rate Multiplier x Width -bit Power Save Mode No Fixed Hole Present No Memory Module s Memory Module MX U- C C MB x Mx DDR-SDRAM PC U- - CL up to MHz CL up to MHz CL up to MHz Memory Module MX U- C B MB x Mx DDR-SDRAM PC U- - CL up to MHz CL up to MHz CL up to MHz Environment Monitor Model Winbond W T HF ISA Version Mainboard Specific Support No Temperature Sensor s CPU Temperature C F Power Aux Temperature C F Cooling Device s Auto Fan Speed Control No CPU Fan Speed rpm Voltage Sensor s CPU Voltage V Aux Voltage V V Voltage V V Voltage V V Voltage V - V Voltage - V - V Looking to update BIOS Voltage - V Standby Voltage V Battery Voltage V AGP Bus es on Hub Version Speed x Fast-Writes Enabled Yes Isochronous Mode Looking to update BIOS Enabled No Addressing Enabled -bit Aperture Size MB PCI Bus es on Hub Version Number of Bridges PCI Bus PCI x PCIClk PCI Bus PCI x PCIClk LPC Hub Controller Model Biostar Microtech Int l Corp nForce ISA Bridge USB Controller Model Biostar Microtech Int l Corp nForce OHCI USB Controller Version Interface OHCI Channels Supported Speed s Low Mbps Full Mbps Legacy Emulation Enabled No USB Controller Model Biostar Microtech Int l Corp nForce OHCI USB Controller Version Interface OHCI Channels Supported Speed s Low Mbps Full Mbps Legacy Emulation Enabled No USB Controller Model Biostar Microtech Int l Corp nForce EHCI USB Controller Version Specification Interface EHCI Channels Companion Controllers Supported Speed s Low Mbps Full Mbps High Mbps Addressing Support -bit Legacy Emulation Enabled No System SMBus Controller Model nVidia MCP B SMBus Version A Advanced TCO Mode Enabled No Slave Device Enabled No PEC Support No System SMBus Controller Model nVidia MCP B SMBus Version A Advanced TCO Mode Enabled No Slave Device Enabled No PEC Support No Expansion Slot s PCI h PCI -bit V PME Full-Length Available Biostar Microtech Int l Corp nForce ISA Bridge PCI h PCI -bit V PME Full-Length Used Biostar Microtech Int l Corp nForce OHCI USB Controller PCI h PCI -bit V PME Full-Length Used AGP F h AGP -bit V Full-Length Used Port Connector PRIMARY IDE None - ATA None SECONDARY IDE None - ATA None FDD FIFO - Floppy Disk None COM Serial Port - Pin Dual Inline DB- pin male COM Serial Port - Pin Dual Inline DB- pin male LPT Parallel Port ECP EPP - DB- pin female DB- pin female Keyboard Keyboard - PS PS PS Mouse Mouse - PS PS USB USB - None None Performance Tips Notice SMBIOS DMI information may be inaccurate Warning Mainboard has too few memory slots Upgrading the memory may be difficult or expensive Warning All memory slots are full Upgrading the memory may be difficult or expensive Tip Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more information about the tip CPU BIOS SiSoftware Sandra Processor Model AMD Athlon tm XP Speed GHz Model Number estimated Performance Rating PR estimated Type Standard Package Socket A PGA Multiplier x Generation G Name Duron M amp Athlon MP XP Barton Thorton nm GHz - V Revision Stepping A Stepping Mask A Core Voltage Rating V Maximum... Read more

A:Looking to update BIOS

Download and run Everest and see if it IDs the mobo better. I think that's an M7NCD but there are 3 versions. Even after you check it out, I don't think a Bios update is worth the risk for that mobo.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop.

Click on the + sign beside 'Computer', then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY Top of the screen and click on 'report'.

Note: the 'Very Top' isn't one line down, it means what it says.

Cursor over 'quick report-summary' and then click on 'plain text' and then click on 'save to file' and change the 'save in' folder to 'Desktop' and then click 'Save'.

Clear all your open windows and on the Desktop click on that 'report.txt' icon - this will open it in a text editor
(probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the 'debug' entries and delete them, then use your mouse to hilight all the remaining text then copy and paste it to here.

For future reference: once you open Everest, click on file, preferences, report and uncheck the 'include debug information in the report' box. People rarely want to see that stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-update-bios.109500/
Relevancy 39.56%

15 mo. old BIOS on new machine,trying to gain control fanspeed,OC.
So I installed last BIOS . Now get screen checking ports,says "AHCI bios not installed" continues to next screen,says "AA number not programmed on system,press enter to continue"
Now get l-o-o-ng Intel bios screen(press F2)
I downloaded,installed again,tried Intel sites,cannot find. Possible AA number could be mobo no.,don't know how to enter. Please help,fans slow,temps hi......Don

MODERATOR.......Should this appear in a different board?

A:Help!...bios update....did it to myself

I can't see how you could have a bios fault the post a new (current thread) with "Vista-can't remove program!"

Unless they are two different computers, even though your specs don't change!

The concern is that if they are two different computers (highly likely) members tend to look at your system specs (for Bios revisions and drivers, so forth) but this may be in vein, as the threads don't seem to match up.

What type of shop are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-bios-update-did-it-to-myself.103177/
Relevancy 39.56%

Computer is one I built a while back. BIOS is old and I want to update it. It uses sis-661 with a p4 3ghz chip. Motherboard is foxconn. I perused threough their site and foudn the latest BIOS update for the motherbaord. The files I downloaded were "464XP159.BIN" and "AFU826G.EXE" - the problem is I dont have a floppy drive. How can I flash/update my bios to this file???
help!

A:BIOS update help!!!

The first question to be answered is "why do you need to update the BIOS"?

BIOS updating is not like installing newer drivers, you should only ever update a BIOS to fix a known hardware issue that you are actually experiencing, and for which the motherboard maker has released a fix for that is detailed in the release notes.

BIOS updating is not a recreational activity, it is actually a risky process as there is a reasonably significant chance that it can go wrong, effectively (economically) destroying the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-update-help.607140/
Relevancy 39.56%

I need to install Windows 7 on a machine that orginally came with Windows 10 however the install hangs on install.  I noticed that my BIOS (P11-B0) does not have the option to select Launch CSM which is what I think the problem is.  The flash instructions indicated that this setting must be set to always. Since I don't have that option how do I flash the bios?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/xc-603-bios-update/td-p/452512
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello! I can not update the BIOS!It requires the administrator password! I have not installed ...Help please!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/I-can-not-update-the-BIOS/td-p/5809081
Relevancy 39.56%

My notebook shipped with DOS only. I am now using windows 10 64 bit. How to update the bios. I can see bios for windows 8 in support portal. When trying to install it says direct install disabled, but gave options to install to specified filder(adavnced users) and to flash drive which can be later flashed on boot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/how-to-update-bios/td-p/5668654
Relevancy 39.56%

I've been looking for a bios update for my pc but I cant find one that will work for windows 10 and to be honest I don't understand bios updating but heres the specs. any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Manufacturer: elitegroup
model :c51pvgm-m
chipset: NVidia GeForce 6150 rev.a2
southbridge; NVidia nforce 410/430 mcp rev. a2
lpcio: ite it8716
bios; phoenix technologies ltd
version: 6.00 pg
date:04/09/2007

A:trying to update bios need help

first of, the BIOS has nothing to do with windows. version 10 or other.
you also state that you don't understand bios updating, so why do you want to update the bios?
you could end up with a paperweight instead of a computer.
unless there is a specific piece of hardware that you can not do without, I say stay away from the update.
Just my 2 cents

Sven

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37826-trying-update-bios-need-help.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I asked yesterday about updating the bios on my computer and was told that it was not likley going to happen for my computer a etower 667ir with celeron in it and that is fine what would it take for me to do i want to upgrade from windows me to xp the test that i ran said my bios mught not work so is there something i can do or do i need to get a new computer?

You evidently have an Anaheim 3 motherboard. There is a BIOS update for XP, but no other information on the update.

Update: http://e4all.freeservers.com/ana3adl.html

BIOS setup after you flash: http://e4all.freeservers.com/ana3bios.pdf

I would go here and ask about how to do the flash: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/emachineupgraders

The only flash actually on e-Machines site uses a different method from what I am accustomed to. A BIOS flash is something you really donít want to screw up, so find some instructions before you try it.

I would try it only if you are going to buy a new computer rather than bypass the wonders of Win XP. Then you have little to lose if you mess up the flash and render the computer useless as you were going to buy a new one anyway. Iím personally going to content myself with Win98 a while longer Ė does everything I need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-update.57680/
Relevancy 39.56%

...Hello friends.. I have Xps l702x 17', came with bios A13.   I wanted to know, if someone did already, about the bios update to A19. I mean, the update went...smooth...help him somehow?...any improvements?  BTW problems in my system is just it is not stable....loosing the usb3 ports. Does anybody know what fixes there are in A19?  And last: Do you know what motherboard our system has? and if you know, did you get any help from this I mean to find any special drivers or knowledges which help you?      ..I really appreciate for your time....                 Thank you.

A:Bios update from A13 to A19

Hi Appolon,
Every release of BIOS would have Fixes & Enhancements. Sometimes BIOS update mighty fail asking you to install the previous version in sequence.
Before reinstalling operating system, click on the following link to for few more troubleshooting’s for USB drive:
http://bit.ly/6NFvo7
If you still want to install operating system/factory reset, click on the below link:
http://dell.to/YOridC
After reinstalling operating system, install the drivers in correct order.
Below mentioned link would help you install the drivers in correct order:
http://dell.to/NdhToL
Awaiting your response!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19495538
Relevancy 39.56%

I am trying to upgrade the BIOS on PC to BIOS Update [TS94610J.86A]

When I run it, however, it says it cannot proceed due to a programming or internal error.

Any suggestions?

A:BIOS Update

This really isn't a Windows 7 question, but are you using the correct utility for the bit version you have for Win 7?

My system has a utility it starts from the bios to update the bios. Each motherboard seems to have different ways of doing this, so read the instructions for your motherboard. You may have to create a boot media or use some other utility.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/72520-bios-update.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a MICRONICS C200 socket 7 motherboard. I downloaded a BIOS update for the board. But I am confused a the instructions. Here, see them:

Release Notes
-----------------
This is the BIOS version 1.04 for the Micronics C200 system board.

BIOS Flash Installation Notes
------------------
The following steps are recommended to properly update the Micronics 200 system
board with this updated 20643104.bin file.
1. Create a DOS system boot disk.
2. Copy the contents of this BIOS set to the DOS system boot disk.
3. Boot the system from this disk.
4. Type "awdflash 20643104.bin" where 20643104.bin is the name of the BIN file.
5. After the flash process has completed, reboot the system.
6. System BIOS update has been completed.
What I don't understand is what do they mean by "DOS system boot disk?" And how do I boot the system from the disk?

Relevancy 39.56%

I currently have an HP desktop, which was updated to be running Windows 7 OS. I noticed that it was a bad idea, considering that it has been giving me BSOD constantly at boot. I tried installing Windows 10, seeing if that could would but then I figured that it could be a BIOS problem, not able to install Windows 10. Thing is, I want to create an external drive that is able to run into that computer, yet when I tried to create it, it tried to update the BIOS of my laptop (Which is not the same motherboard, obviously). I became a little paranoid after that, so I request a little help installing the BIOS update. It's running BIOS 5.15, if that helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-Update-via-USB/td-p/5670003
Relevancy 39.56%

K I was told I need to update my Bios (a teach said so)... so how can I find out what bois brand I have... hopefully I find the right update lol

A:Bios Update?

The first screen you see when you turn on your computer (the black and white one with the Energy Star logo) will tell you your Bios type and version. If you hit the pause key you can stop the boot and read the screen.

What kind of computer is this? Do you know the make and model number of the motherboard? Why do you feel you need to flash your bios?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17663/bios-update/
Relevancy 39.56%

i need a bios for h-ig41-uatx rev 1.1 . thanks. if you need more info please tell me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-Update/td-p/5611037