Windows Support Forum

Buy new server - suggestions needed

Q: Buy new server - suggestions needed

Hello,

Where I work we need a need new server. I am not really a expert in hardware so I hope you can give me a little help choosing a fitting server, I will use a template with answers to help you understand what's needed:

1) What is the available budget?
Up to 2500? (3380 USD, 2094 GBP).

2) Which tasks will the server execute?
GPS analyses which is pure heavy computing. The amount of reading and writing to the disc is moderate. Internet traffic is low.

3) There is any preferred brand or there is any that is out of question?
Any reasonable brand.

5) Does the size of the server matters?
Should be a standard rack.

6) There are any specific requirements (interfaces, storage etc)?
- 8 cores (1x8 [preferable] or 2x4)
- 16 G byte memory
- 4 Tera byte disc
- fast CPU

I hope somebody can help me with some suggestions.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Buy new server - suggestions needed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Buy new server - suggestions needed

I would refer to this good article.

This seems like a pretty good server for your specifications: http://goo.gl/1rIcjH.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buy-new-server-suggestions-needed.196717/
Relevancy 52.46%

I m at my wit s end trying to figure out what exactly is going on with my computer A virus seems the likely source but I am not entirely sure When opening certain programs I receive the MS message quot Windows can not access the specified device path or file You may not have Help and suggestions needed the appropriate permissions to Help and suggestions needed access the item quot Click to expand I am not trying to open more than one application or shortcut at once and I am the administrator on this PC The last application this happened with was iTunes The program has been installed on my PC for almost a year and I ve always updated it - Though not frequently I went ahead and updated it this last time when prompted and installed with no problem When I tried to open it I received the message listed above This also happened with Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer when I downloaded and tried to install that Most applications work fine there s just a few of them It seems only the ones I have downloaded or updated recently - As not all of the programs files I have downloaded have become infected The strangest thing to me is when I am viewing my programs in Windows Explorer the Program Files folder s text is green Then opening that folder all of the infected programs also have green text for the foldername filename as well That means they re encrypted I ve run about every legitimate that I know of spyware program I could find and they re all coming up empty now They found some stuff before which was removed Ad-aware spybot spysweeper pestpatrol PC-cillin Panda CWShredder RAV online scanner As well as Norton Checked for the SirCam virus and that wasn t it HjackThis logs Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C WINDOWS system Notepad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Leslie Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dl... Read more

Relevancy 52.46%

I have client who wants to remotely access and ACT database. Her network is connected via DSL (static IP), Cayman 3320H router/modem. I suggested Remote Desktop, but she travels with the computer that lives on her desk and there is not another to remotely control.

I think she needs a VPN router between the entire network and the DSL modem. Does that sound right?

Any suggestions for inexpensive ones, other than the Linksys?

A:VPN Suggestions Needed

What operating system do you have on the computer that has the Act database? You might not need to purchase anything at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-suggestions-needed.359640/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey All I had Avast at time and ran that with Adware and SpyHunter I have windstream as my IP and they were offereing McAfee Security Center program so I thought it would be great bundled up and not as much hassle YEAH RIGHT LOL I havent been all that happy with McAfee due it blocking emails that are legit and when it does I have no way of letting them through at that point I've messed several business and personal emails due to this But if I was to delete it and go ala carte what would be the best thing one's to get for maximum protection I still run Adware but here lately I havent been able to get it to update It says it cant connect so im days out of date Needed Suggestions as of this writing When suggesting security programs Im also interested in some kind if site protection for my kids eyes This in Suggestions Needed McAfee does it sometimes and sometimes not Suggestions Needed And then it blanks out some pics that I know are fine So if you were me what would you install and use

A:Suggestions Needed

Hi SONICMAN2, to Bleeping ComputerI'm also interested in some kind if site protection for my kids eyes.I would recommend K9 Web Protection from BlueCoat (FREE)So if you were me, what would you install and use?If you are looking for free protection:AntiVirus:AntiVir PersonalEdition ClassicFirewall:COMODO Firewall ProAntiSpyware:Keep Ad-Aware Spybot - Search & DestroySpywareBlasterSpywareGuardAlso, if you need help with Ad-Aware, you can visit the Lavasoft Support Forum, or ask me; I am a Moderator for Lavaosft. (*NOTE: I am not a mod for Bleeping Computer, just a HJT Trainee).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115058/suggestions-needed/
Relevancy 52.46%

Do you think that Microsoft should develop a program similar to Apple's Boot Camp but it works for PCs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/suggestions-needed-221091.html
Relevancy 52.46%

It is time to renew Norton. I am running 2005 and the cost to renew is $50
Upgrade to 2008 is $40.....I rounded up a few cents on both.
What I am thinking of is doing neither since the price keeps increasing and the upgrade is cheaper but I don't want to upgrade.

I am thinking Avast or AVG free anti-virus products and just simply do away with (uninstall) the Norton product line.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice...

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Pentium III 533 20gb, 256mb. I am looking to buy either a cdrw burner or a dvd burner. I do a lot of selection music burning and I also would like to have a means of backing up my data in a more compact way than a floppy. Does anyone have any recommendation for me. Which way you would go. Also I am looking to upgrade my harddrive to a larger one.

I appreciate any help.

MV

A:Suggestions needed

I would go DVD - in UK they are £50-£60 for a good writer - then you have the choice as to what to use - regards supporting specifications of your PC - I'm not sure on the CPU speed - Memory fine - whats the windows version you have.
I used to use a CDwriter on a 233 machine and whenever i wanted to write i would make sure nothing else is running and leave it (as in walk-away) for 20mins to do the write - it worked fine for months

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-needed.276111/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have two dilemmas:
Hotspot router w/ QoS and/or Traffic Shaping
I need an ethernet (not DSL) router to use to control a hotspot AP. It must., therefore, have traffic shaping abilities to drastically limit the bandwidth available to each user.

Dual (or triple?) WAN ADSL router
A client has decided to put an Exchange server at the end of a very long, old copper line, meaning he has drastic upspeed problems with his ADSL connection. The constraint is VPN access, so I've suggested a dual or even triple-WAN router which we can route (through DNS entries) 'groups' of VPN users to spread the load. I know they're out there, but does anyone have experience?

I'm a big, big fan of ZyXel kit, btw.

Relevancy 52.03%

Prior to reformatting my PC in Needed?. Suggestions Security May this year I never had problems with either SAS or MBAM The first Security Suggestions Needed?. thing I did after installing my hard drive video and Sound card drivers and while my PC was still offline was to install Comodo CIS but due to getting a corrupt file message on the copy of Comodo CIS I had Security Suggestions Needed?. downloaded to a disk prior to reformat I ended up using the Windows Firewall with Avira instead When I installed SAS and MBAM both to be used as on demand and not installed at start up or working in real time I ran scans with them which came up clean as they had with the Avira AV scan I noticed though that since then when doing my usual twice weekly scans when I open SAS it took a long time to open and when it did it would sometimes hang for a few minutes before finishing updates I would then scan with it and it found just as much as it always did always just tracking cookies With MBAM although it would open up straight away I would often get a pop up saying it had encountered a problem and needed to close I could get it to scan sometimes both full and quick where again it never found anything at all In the end I got tired of the pop ups and uninstalled it and started using A-Squared as a back up to SAS It worked fine found a couple of tracking cookies that SAS didn't and I was happy Since then I have used Comodo CIS and due to update problems with the Comodo AV I now am using Comodo Firewall with Defence and Proactive Security and Avira Antivir I have also scanned my PC with Windows Malicious Removal Tool full scan Windows Security Essentials Beta CWShredder and none of them have ever found anything other than the occasional tracking cookie I am very security conscious and come here all the time to try and keep up with the latest advice In the time I have used the above problems I have reinstalled MBAM at least three different times and always got the same quot needs to close quot pop up It is like something on my PC is conflicting with it and I cannot seem to figure it out My PC is not slower and seems to work just as fast as it ever has It does not act like I am infected but still this thing with the slow start up of SAS and not being able to explain why MBAM won't work leads me to think I may have some sort of bug which I cannot find I also have an intermittent problem with twice now my XP account settings have restored to the default settings as well as my Sounds and Audio device settings Although all my data is still there it seems to all intents like I have a new account My problem question is does anyone have any idea what would cause these things to happen or am I being too particular and these are just every day bugs and glitches that we all experience sooner or later

A:Security Suggestions Needed?.

You might want to ask your question over herehttp://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?act=idx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251734/security-suggestions-needed/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hiya.

I need some suggestion on good DNS servers that I can connect to and not find myself with problems all the time, I've used FF, Chrome, Edge and Comodo Dragon but all seem to have issues especially with the DNS that I'm connected to.

I'm currently using the Google one, but if you know any good ones then please suggest it!

I've also read about having my own DNS server but that just seems as a big crambamboli.

And if you think that it's my internet that is having a stroke or something:
Cheers, Boris

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/50306-dns-server-suggestions.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay I need your help Let me start off by suggestions. set-up Server saying that I am the sys admin but I have no formal training or experience in a server environment I am the Manager for a good size doctors office with three locations Our main core application runs on a unix server running SCO and everyone connects to that server with there XP machines using an emulation program I have workstations and one XP Pro machine acting as a server which hosts all of our files and documents The XP Pro machine also hosts our collections software We have two other locations across town that connect to the unix server and to Server set-up suggestions. our windows network via linksys VPN routers For the Server set-up suggestions. most part this set-up works great But now I have more than people connecting at the same time to this pro machine so it is maxxed out as far as connections are concerned Also the unix server is backed up to a seagate tape drive with no redundancy Bare with me I know nothing about unix The unix server appears to be just a desktop woth no raid contoller and just one SCSI hard drive So as far as I know if the hard drive crashes and the tape back-up does not work then we are screwed I am currently looking at a windows based medical software that I can manage myself so I m not that worried about a solution for my UNIX box Okay my main question is this Should I buy a raid solution external SCSI RAID box for the current machine GHX P MB SDRAM - G IBM deskstar hard drives that is acting as a server and running XP pro and buy server or should I buy a brand new Server and install microsoft server on it When buying a machine that is built to be a server what do I get besides RAID built-in I m also talking a server that is good enough for a workstation set-up I don t need a server just something entry level What are my options Right now all my computers are on one workgroup and static IP s If I get server do I have to use active directory and a domain name I have a couple of machines running XP home and they will not connect to a domain right I could upgrade those to XP pro but I would like to go the cheapest route We don t run any enterprise level software so I don t need the hottest set-up in the world Hell if XP pro could handle connections to it at a time then I would not even be thinking about upgrading My main focus is getting RAID and being able to have more users connect to my collections database I could move all of our files and documents to a netwrok storage solution or just add another computer to the network running pro that would act as a file server This way I could have up to people connected to the collection software and up to ten at a time connected to the file server However that does not leave me any room for growth so I think the smart choice would be to bite the bullet and set-up up a proper server and server OS Thanks for the help any input would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

my proceessor and my hard drive are running a little too hot. so it's slowing down my computer. i want to put more cooling devices in but i don't really have room. i have my power supply fan, a back exhaust fan, an intel 478 cpu fan, and a top vent. that sounds like a enough to me but it's still running hot. i would put a fan in the front but my case dosent have a place for it. i've got hard drives slots running all the way down the front. does any body have any suggestion/ideas?? thanks for looking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooling-suggestions-ideas-needed.233918/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
I have just purchased an XPS 15 non-touch laptop.  I’ll be using my laptop as follows:
Connect to external monitor and keyboard using a KVM switch (will be sharing with another laptop).
Connect to LAN using an Ethernet cable.
Connect to an  USB audio interface
Can anyone suggest a docking station and a KVM switch?
Thank you.

A:Docking station for XPS 15 suggestions needed

There are no docking stations for this model -- there are universal port replicators (Belkin, Targus, Kensington, etc.) that should be able to cover most or all of what you want to do.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19665691
Relevancy 51.17%

Hoping you guys can help me out with some suggestions I spent all day yesterday updating my backups to move to windows which only consist of a mirrored internal gb set and an external tb of Recovery quickformat..Suggestions needed I wanted the mirror Recovery of quickformat..Suggestions needed to be defragged so i merged everything into my TB external and reformatted the s well everything is going smoothly I install and go to move everything to my Raid when i learned something called storaged spaces exists so said sure lets have a look Here was my Recovery of quickformat..Suggestions needed screwup I went to set up my two s as a mirror and somehow ended up throwing my external tb in the mix and it was too late already hit enter and it im assuming it quick formatted my external backup causing me to lose everything and the partition table I currently have testdrive partition wizard and another program parsing through to see if I can fix this If anyone can reccomend software Id appreciate it I prefer free but will buy in this instance Im assuming and hoping deaely it quick formats when you create a storage pool so my data should be there but if anyone can lend some insight I would appreciate it because as of right now im not getting anything off of it or anything coming up in scans To anyone that comes across this Never break the cardinal rule for keeping a backup at all times Been in tech for years and I told myself everything would be okay its only for a few hours while i install and look where it got me ALWAYS KEEP TWO INSTANCES OF YOUR DATA AT A MINIMUM Thanks in advance guys nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there One of my graphic cards show in my specs went out I believe the other one is possibly on its way too I like to keep my unit for while I would like to hear some suggestions on a best value card that will perform at least a little better then please! on Suggestions needed, card graphic my old SLi I don't need to spend a load to get one just comes out the market for my old rig Please keep in Suggestions on graphic card needed, please! mind that a possible cpu upgrade to such as a Q in the future may be even another card for SLi when it became dirt cheap I appreciate any suggestions and pointers How about a GTX such as Newegg com - ECS Black Series NBGTX - MX-F GeForce GTX MB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Over Clock Version - Desktop Graphics Video Cards Newegg com - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Core Superclocked Edition MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics Video Cards Hope some one else will jump in and give suggestions How about some one tells me what is different between the two Thanks myself for the suggestion Can I give myself rep points Happy holiday everyone Someone suggested me from other forum the and the that will out perform the with the costs less How about that For anyone who is interested in the result of my inquiry I have just ordered the following for shipped Thanks and have a nice day Radeon HD PCIE GB DDR PORT DVI HDMI

A:Suggestions on graphic card needed, please!

Originally Posted by bruce2

For anyone who is interested in the result of my inquiry, I have just ordered the following for $311 shipped. Thanks and have a nice day.

Radeon HD5850 PCIE 1GB DDR5 2PORT DVI HDMI 1 $298.18

i was just about to say grab a 5850, its a very powerful card ..... two of these in CFX are monsters.

if you can OC it a little you wont be far off the 5870 in terms of performance.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/261928-suggestions-graphic-card-needed-please.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Well I hooked up the cables and can access part of my data from my crashed hard drive Some seems to be hidden For some reason my documents folder is hidden from me Checking the amount of data indicates that its there I have a gig harddrive and gigs are used These can only be my photos in the doc folder So any Recovery Needed Data Suggestions suggestions would be helpful Also Can I transfer everything from my crashed drive to a backup storage Data Recovery Suggestions Needed device and go ahead and format and Data Recovery Suggestions Needed reinstall everything on the original hard drive Data Recovery Suggestions Needed That way I can give my wifes computer back and pick through the backup with my harddrive re-installed I would also feel safer with things back together than having my hard drive just laying out As I said before this is a dell inspiron with XP sp that I crashed It had been unstable for months but stupid me did not back up for months and I have lots of photos and doc Thanks in advance mindnova

A:Data Recovery Suggestions Needed

Often, when a bootable hard drive is moved from one system to another, users cannot access a group of folders (Docs/Settings, My Computer, etc.).This calls for a procedure known as "taking ownership" of the files. It's pretty routine, How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421 <<Also Can I transfer everything from my crashed drive to a backup storage device and go ahead and format and reinstall everything on the original hard drive.>>I guess that I don't understand what you are asking. After you get all your desired data files off the troubled drive...you can do whatever you want with it.I would suggest that you do two things before even thinking about using it again: a. Run a manufacturer's diagnostic on it to ensure that it has no inherent, current problems...before attempting to reinstall XP on it. b. Use the XP CD to delete the existing partitions on it...then create a new partition/format/install XP...if that's your ultimate goal.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156948/data-recovery-suggestions-needed/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Asus VivoBook S CM-CJ H india INTEL CORE i - U CPU GHz Ram GB Windows Bit OS Touch Laptop WIFI- INTEL CENTRINO WIRELESS-N I have been facing the problem of wifi signal fluctuations since months after showing to Asus Care they formatted and updated my system and drivers and said its not a hardware issue then even the problem persisted and wifi doesn't work at all now and there is a problem with Bluetooth top it never connects to mobile phones After regular pestering and insisting they accepted that it was a wifi Wifi needed. HELP. Issues, SUGGESTIONS card- hardware problem and they suggested for its replacement Then cause of their carelessness the warranty was ended and I couldn't get the replacement done So I preferred to buy a better wifi Bluetooth card of Intel But I am not sure which one to buy cause they may not be compatible with my laptop So please suggest me the Wifi Issues, SUGGESTIONS needed. HELP. best of wifi card of Intel That would be very helpful

A:Wifi Issues, SUGGESTIONS needed. HELP.

Welcome to the forum! The best advice I can offer is search for a half-mini card that also has bluetooth. Make sure it specifically says it works with Asus laptop. I don't know about where you are located but Ebay here has lots of them at very low price and used is just as good as new when it comes to these.

I have an Atheros dual-band card with bluetooth installed on my Acer and it is working great. Be sure any card you think about getting has up-to-date 8.1 drivers, as in the last 6 months or so.

And yes, that N 2230 card seems to have lots of problems with 8/8.1.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52098-wifi-issues-suggestions-needed-help.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I need some suggestions on a new graphics card. I would like to be able to play & record Standard Definition TV (PAL, Australian) on my computer. But I also know that I need to upgrade my graphics, as atm I am using built-in graphics (think it is 32/64mb ) so I can not play high end games that require a better graphics card.

So my question: Is there a combo of a graphics and TV card, or would I have to get two different things? I have AGP 8x slot available aswell as PCI slots (do not have PCI express). Now I am not looking for something real high quality, I think 128mb would be enough for most games.

All suggestions welcome

Thanks

System Specs:
P4 3.2 (Intel 640)
Gigabyte GA-8S661FXM-775
RAM: 512mb (will probably upgrade to 1GB)
WinXP Pro

Relevancy 51.17%

As the title states, I'm currently searching for a low response time (and yes, I know that's not the only important factor) unit. Primary focus will be for gaming....I'm trying to avoid any ghosting at all. DVI input capability is preferred to go with my X800 Pro.

Any suggestions would be most welcome with my thanks in advance.

A:Suggestions Needed For A Good 19" LCD

The monitor we keep getting special deals for here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic24425.html is an incredible monitor. Although it's a 20" widescreen many of the games today are starting to support this mode. Also, it's not the best for gaming, but 12ms at this size is hard to beat. I've seen this monitor in action and it's incredible. The only downside is that you really need to run your games at the monitor's native resolution - which is 1680x1050. Unless you have a beefy video card (which you do for most of today's games) things just won't be as crisp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-needed-for-a-good-19-lcd.24690/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm brand new here and not a techie also please bare with me but I am desperate for suggestions About everything needed - suggestions appears "hacked" to be a month ago my iPhone appeared to be hacked I know apple supporters- not possible I'm not saying it was I'm saying it appeared that way Camera snd facetime randomly turned on passwords were changed texts wrre answeted by numbers I didnt know numbers were messed with etc Strange withdraws made from my bank acct good times all everything appears to be "hacked" - suggestions needed around Then my computer was nailed and everyone yelled icloud hack apple ID was stolen I'd buy that except the computer manufacturer swore tge laptop was infected with viruses while my internet provider claimed it was clean I changed all providers which cost because I broke contracts and bought all new equipment yes brand new nexus and kindle were sent to recycling out of frustration new online accounts were opened and I still have problens with the new technology I have never had a problem with technology or equipment before and I like it so it's not like it's my first day on social media and using email Any suggestions I have spent so much money trying to rectify this and I'm getting nowhere

A:everything appears to be "hacked" - suggestions needed

Greetings coleface and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. The only thing I can help you with in this forum is your computer. If you believe your computer is infected please describe the symptoms and run the following program for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) in Normal or Safe Mode--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktopIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. SymptomsFRST logAddition log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497753/everything-appears-to-be-hacked-suggestions-needed/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone I've got a Acer Netbook Aspire One with a Atom Intel processor N It has G of Ram and I am about to put in a new g SSD I would like to install windows x to this machine the processor is compatible with x and I have an OEM Windows x disc I was thinking of putting in the new drive and installing win from a USB drive as this netbook has no DVD drive but am not sure if this is possible with what I have I can share a DD drive over my network but without the windows OS I cannot connect to me network I could install the on onto the drive on another computer then swap it into my netbook Any suggestions would be really great Right now the netbook is running Starter bit If I installed a new OS I would also need to get drivers specific for the MoBo needed. from on 7 netbook DVD suggestions Installling x64 Not sure where I would get these Thanks for your help -S

A:Installling 7 x64 on netbook from DVD suggestions needed.

Starter is only available in 32 bit. Before installing another version of Win7 on the netbook I would save a Win7 backup image and make any Recovery disks.

It's not certain that 64 bit Win7 will run smoothly on an Atom processor or that rig. I would first run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/243249-installling-7-x64-netbook-dvd-suggestions-needed.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys, want a faily decent/high end gaming pc, willing to spend about £1000.

Mate suggested one for me.. What do you guys think? These are the specs.

- Intel® Core™ i7-2600
- ASUS® P8Z77-V LX
- 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz
- 1.25GB GEFORCE GTX 570
- 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s

Would that run most current games on the market at high settings? ( or medium for really graphic-hungry games )

Please send some suggestions my way. Also need some websites to have a look at for gaming pcs/parts. Thanks!

Relevancy 51.17%

First off im not sure if im under the right topic for my question if im not i apologize ahead of time My question is about a computer quot build quot Im aiming to build a mid high range system for mostly playing Battlefield computer build. needed new for Suggestions and a few other DX games later on Ive read some reviews and guides from this site and have gotten a few of my own ideas To make a long story short ill layout what im thinking and someone correct me if they could as of course i may be missing somthing Suggestions needed for new computer build. or am paying to much than my goal system quot best bang for the buck quot E Oc d Ghz range Gigabyte GA- p-DS x mb corsair pc OR x mb later adding another x for vista OCZ GameXstream w PS Gigabyte Aurora -D case extended length for series Sceptre quot ms GTG WD GB RPM mb buffer XFX GTS MB XXXEdition The Power supply case and monitor are payed for and on its way so i cant really change if i wanted to but as for the rest can anyone give me some feed back on it My goal for now with this system is to run Battlefield max settings with AA AF enabled and still hope to get average - FPS Any feed back will be appreciated and once again sorry if this post is in the wrong place nbsp

A:Suggestions needed for new computer build.

As for "best bang for the buck" you should do well with this system... though I like the Seagate drives for their longer warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-needed-for-new-computer-build.70835/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all- I recently re-installed Vista and re-partitioned my hard drives to better utilize my space This computer is primarily used to stream media to other computers and my Apple TV on my network It's the only Windows machine in the house Right now I have about Media Suggestions Server gb of media TV Shows Movies and Music with it to be growing as I buy more movies tv shows and download more songs I have hard drives one is gb and the other Media Server Suggestions Windows says is gb Primary drive has partitions- gb Media Server Suggestions for OS and all other programs and the other partition about gb has the media on it The nd physical hard drive currently doesnt have anything on it except a disk image I created using Macrium after I installed Vista got everything updated and installed all my software that way if I ever need to re-install the OS I can do so in about minutes and have it back up and running the way I like it My question is- with my current setup what can I do to keep my files safe I don't currently have a large enough external drive to support all of my media files but I have several smaller ones gb- gb that I could store them on I love Time Machine on my Mac and ideally I'd like something that keeps everything safe but without having to buy expensive software What kind of solutions would any of you suggest for me to keep my mini-server healthy and safe PS- I also keep this machine on all the time- which I don't want to do but otherwise I'll have to come in my office and wake it up every time I want to stream media from it- unless you know of another way TIA Look forward to some hearing some ideas -Matt

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

With 2 'home pc's and now a media PC, shared storage is starting to become a real issue.

Also with hdd prices tumbling down I have been thinking of buying a cheap SAN w/o hdd (would buy the hdd separately).

Being for home use, I cant afford to spend too much but I could stretch to £400 max (about US$800) w/o the harddrives.

I have been looking at Thecus N4100 NAS Server 4 Bay/HDD which sells for £330
Anyone got any other suggestions or comments about the Thecus?
Ideally it should support SATA2, 4-5 bays, with its own Webserver/ftp server

Cheers
Jon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-cheap-san-server-any-suggestions.79354/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all-

Currently in our server room we have about 6 blade servers in a standard server rack. I now have 2 more servers that are towers (Dell Precision 360 amd a Dell Dimension 8300). These servers are used for development work and we would like to find a way to either rack these into the server racks we have now or purchase a new server rack for these? What would be the easiest way (and most inexpensive way) to get these servers on rack so that they do not have to sit on the floor?

Any suggestions are appreciated!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-rack-suggestions.696543/
Relevancy 50.74%

This isn't for me, but a friend. He lives in England and wants to upgrade from his current 939 system. He wants the E8400 Wolfdale (and nothing else will do; I tried ) and asks for suggestions for a motherboard.

I am woefully void of knowledge on what motherboards would work with this 45nm processor. Here are a few his parameters:

1. He doesn't/won't overclock.

2. He doesn't want SLi or Crossfire.

3. He needs something rock stable; no need for all the extras or the tweaking. Stock will do him fine.

He is significantly limited in PC knowledge and that is why stable and steady is very important.

Thanks.

A:E8400 Wolfdale motherboard Suggestions Needed

This is a US supplier, and this is just 1 example:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2847&ProductName=GA-EP43-DS3L

All you have to do is pick a good motherboard manufacturer, select an Intel LGA775 socket motherboard and look at the recommended CPU list...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e8400-wolfdale-motherboard-suggestions-needed.112354/
Relevancy 50.74%

At present I am using Robo-Form (to fill forms) and STOPzilla (for pop-ups). I noticed after I installed them, they are not totally free. I guess I have like 15 days free trial.

Can any of you suggest alternatives that work great and are free?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-up-and-form-fill-freeware-suggestions-needed.285436/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have a GB Maxtor external HD which has just died on me I was using it fine and then suddenly I get the message quot Files or folders are - needed Recovery methods suggestions Data corrupt or unreadable quot and now I can t get into the drive It has all my work for the last years on it and a lot of it has backups in other places a lot of it doesn t I have so far done the following put it in the fridge put it in the freezer - all to no avail I have tried opening it by installing Linux Mint but that Data Recovery methods - suggestions needed doesn t see it Windows sees it but cannot open it I have got a friend down with some data recovery software called Winter something - can t remember the whole name Data Recovery methods - suggestions needed but that says the drive cannot be mounted I am going to try Spinrite because my brother has a copy but beginning to lose hope I was thinking of breaking open the box and connecting the drive direct to a PC but it seems that if the USB was the problem Windows wouldn t see anything at all and it does see it - just can t open it So if you have a suggestion recommendation I would be glad to hear it Best Peter nbsp

A:Data Recovery methods - suggestions needed

Hi Fuzexi

This should help with some suggestions for software and guide you through the recovery:

http://www.datarecoveryadvice.org/

If the files are corrupt then it seems more like a logical problem. Did you run a chkdsk on the drive? If the drive hangs then be careful your drive could be developing bad sectors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-methods-suggestions-needed.725737/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello - I'll try to be succinct and cover everything I have tried nbsp I have a T i with Win installed along with all issue suggestions needed please! power - T410 the drivers nbsp It has been working fine T410 power issue - suggestions needed please! but I seem to be experiencing a power issue nbsp This first manifested itself as the screen going blank and refusing to come back on nbsp Thinking it was overheating my partner opened it up and cleaned out the fan my partner fixes Lenovos as a field engineer and applied thermal paste to the processor nbsp All seemed well I was working on it plugged in when suddenly it T410 power issue - suggestions needed please! shut down nbsp I tried to restart it but without success so I left it plugged in with the orange light flashing and went off to have supper nbsp When I came back the orange light was still flashing so I decided to leave it to charge overnight Next morning - orange light still flashing and although it would power up there were odd things going on when I looked in Power Manager nbsp It showed the battery as being good for hours although I knew that if I took the AC adapter out it would close down nbsp So I tried a different known good battery - same thing nbsp Then a different PSU - same thing nbsp On the desktop it shows as charging for half a dozen animations then goes static - Power Manager says it's charging but doesn't display the 'time left to fully charge' and isn't actually charging at all nbsp So - here are the things I've changed and tested at each step nbsp The battery nbsp The PSU trying both w and w - power manager recognises them for what they are but no charging actually happens Hard drive with a fresh install of Win Motherboard Processor Palmrest Memory including using just one in each slot Keyboard nbsp Because motherboards one with nvidia graphics and one Intel both exhibit the same behaviour I am now at a complete loss and the only thing left to change that I can think of is the screen so I might do that while I wait for a response nbsp If I appear to have overlooked anything obvious then please let me know - I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out by a process of troubleshooting but I'm beat this time

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-issue-suggestions-needed-please/td-p/3358458
Relevancy 50.31%

I'd like to create my own Cloud Service for my business. Im having trouble finding a Cloud Server Software that is not complicated to setup and have the small list of features im looking for.

Before anyone asks, my server is a AMD a8 3ghz with 8GB of ram and will be using 3 TB of space for the cloud. My Internet connections is more than acceptable.

What Cloud Server software have you used and how did you like it?

- Client is able to create their own unique password to log into the cloud
- Client can Map their folder which is shared with them to their computer
- Client(user) can only access a specific folder

A few that I found
BarracudaDrive - I couldn't figure out how to get it working
OwnCloud - complicated to setup
Tonido - don't think I can map folders and client can only use a password the admin creates.

Anything else?

A:Cloud Server Reviews and Suggestions?

Nothing huh? Anyone ever tried using their PC as a cloud server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354784-cloud-server-reviews-suggestions.html
Relevancy 50.31%

...for win 7 64 bit?

I want to share a usb printer through a x86 XP machine over a workgroup to two win 7 x64 laptops but am told this cannot be done (well i certainly cant get it to work!)

So need a usb/ethernet print server to hook up to the router but which one? I used to buy the wireless one from belkin but that was pre vista even.

Any help is much appreciated!

A:Suitable print server suggestions...

I've used all of these successfully with win7 ...

Netgear - wired print servers

Netgear - wireless print server

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/111523-suitable-print-server-suggestions.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Right The background info I guess it isn't really necessary to read this I'll ask the question fully for quiet Suggestions HDDs? use) (for server afterwards I am currently scraping together several computers to start off as the first servers Suggestions for quiet HDDs? (for server use) for my 'business project' a website please don't ask for details Unfortunately money is rather an issue However I have managed to get two Compaq towers for an extremely good price and an eMachines I know tower for free as the company that had it wanted a new computer I recommended them one so I got given the old one it Suggestions for quiet HDDs? (for server use) is extremely unreliable especially the HDD Windows had to be reinstalled twice on it due to the hard drive continually messing up Y'know claiming it didn't exist claiming it needed wiping claiming there was nothing on the HDD to boot from etc I had an old GB rpm Hitachi Deskstar that used to be in my last last computer It is perfect It is very quiet and extremely reliable touchwood surprising due to my history with Hitachis HDDs The HDDs that came with the Compaqs were a tiny capacity and b one is literally about to break the PC kept shutting down due to it and the other sounds like an army of mosquitoes no it's not the fan The GB HDD that was in my last computer a has some of my data on it still and b also sounded like it was going to die soon seriously I heard clunking sometimes There is a fourth Suggestions for quiet HDDs? (for server use) computer a friend's ex-desktop but it has fine specs and is relatively quiet so doesn't need a new HDD And yes I need IDE not SATA as they are fairly old machines The Question So the short of it is I need recommendations for quot internal IDE HDDs that are QUIET if you haven't read the above info look for the long bit in italics I want ones that are really quiet at running that have a relatively high capacity let's say around GB and don't cost the earth I found a GB Hitachi Deskstar on eBay that's That's rather out of my price range for server use It would also be handy if there are a few of them available on the internet as finding a perfect but unique one wouldn't be particularly convenient Once again apologies for the longevity of the question I just seem to get carried away over-explaining things Thank you for reading it

A:Suggestions for quiet HDDs? (for server use)

If I understand that long story you are looking to purchase new harddrives. I use Seagate hard drives because I have never had a problem with them. Which would be a concern for a business. They also are quiet. They cost around $75.00 for a 1 TB/7400 rpm.
Very old computers had noise hdd when they were new. I have a old Compaq Evo W6000 that works great but I just couldn't the hdd noise. Installed new drive and things are great.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184456-suggestions-quiet-hdds-server-use.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Just looking for some suggestions to beef up the security of my current setup After years of relying on traditional suites and A V products I m trying the build your own layered solution with the goal - + Site Win Advisor ___? Suggestions + Patrol Win + Defender needed of keeping memory use at or below what I d use with a suite Here s what I have now On-access real time Win Defender for Win HIPS system monitor Win Patrol Free Browser safety URL checker McAfee Web Advisor On-demand scanners x week or more Malwarebytes Free Suggestions needed - Win Defender + Win Patrol + Site Advisor + ___? HerdProtect DNS OpenDNS Windows Firewall - default settings This uses about MB of memory at idle Win Defender WinPatrol WebAdvisor I was thinking back to PC Tools ThreatFire which is no longer available but wondering if something like that would add any benefit if such a thing exists now Any other suggestions I m not particularly worried about a fancy firewall because I almost always use this system at home behind a U-verse router firewall THANKS Dave nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/suggestions-needed-win-defender-win-patrol-site-advisor-___.57042/
Relevancy 50.31%

Guys I'm playing Crysis Warhead at 1440X900 reso with all settings at Enthusiast except Shaders(which is at Gamers),with 4X AA.Until now the was runnung smoothly.However at the start of Frozen Paradise level(which is after you kill the first big exoskeleton blocking the entrance to the tunnel),my crashed twice.

I had played the original Crysis without any crashes.

My qs is:has it happened to other gamers?Is the level really buggy?I can lower the settings but dont wanna do that.

Bit worried.

Please respond.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frozen-paradise-in-cw-level-crashing-suggestions-needed.843950/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey Folks,

I am looking for a one touch (or schedulable via software) external hard drive for backing up my development webserver. I am running windows 2003 standard edition.

My budget tolerance is around 200 bucks.

The reason I ask here is because all the HD's i've looked at seem to list being be compatible with every windows version EXCEPT 2003 server.

Any ideas?

thanks so much!

A:External HD and Windows 2003 Server, suggestions?

Much thanks for the info Rick, thats pretty much the confirmation i was hoping for. And as to the software, i can always kick of a script to backup if their consumer software wont work on 2003.

appreciate the info!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hd-and-windows-2003-server-suggestions.62688/
Relevancy 49.88%

So I m thinking of building a personal file- server I have some ideas about what I should get but seeing as I currently don t have money for building it it s still in planning stage I m thinking of building a RAID server which runs on Linux which distro I do not yet know Taking suggestions for personal server hardware but I m considering later Ubuntu versions While I say personal I will still allow my family and closest friends access to it maybe over LAN only for security reasons if this is possible Seeing as I have many many large files there is also a great need for disk space Therefore I am thinking of buying five hard disks one terabyte each for RAID where one will be lost for parity and one small ish hard disk for the O S to run from I also am thinking of running software RAID so I am not going to use money on external RAID controller unless absolutely necessary Requirements for hardware are Chassis Must be able to house six hard drives and at least one CD DVD rom drive Taking suggestions for personal server hardware Does not need floppy Must be able to install sufficient cooling May or may not include PSU Motherboard Integrated sound graphics network card RAID support DDR MHz or higher RAM support At least six SATA connectors Also at least one IDE connector for CD DVD rom drive CPU Probably dual-core with decent frequency Not sure what to say here Obviously must be supported by mobo Memory Two or four gigabytes of or higher MHz DDR RAM Hard drives Five hard drives with at least TB each Used in RAID One cheap hard drive with preferably RPM for O S All of these must be SATA SATAII drives No Samsung drives had enough troubles with them in the past EDIT May start with less drives in RAID if I understood the quot mdadm quot command correctly as in that you can add additional drives semi- easily later on CD DVD drive IDE drive No other requirements Used mainly for installing the O S not much else All of this should not cost more than little less than Some extra may be used for cooling and possible PSU Absolute maximum is Taking suggestions will probably build this in November as a personal birthday present for myself nbsp

A:Taking suggestions for personal server hardware

What did you deside on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/taking-suggestions-for-personal-server-hardware.108711/
Relevancy 49.45%

alright here s the deal guys i m wanting to build a file server that i can use to share media over my network i ve already got some parts and am looking into doing something really for server my suggestions. home need network building file a nice for this application here s what i ve got so far Intel building a file server for my home network need suggestions. Pentium D Intel D PSN motherboard gb of samsung PC x and here s what i d like to setup i can get gb WD SATA drives for from my company s supplier and a gb SATA drive as a storage drive i d like to run RAID with the s and building a file server for my home network need suggestions. install windows server enterprise edition and use the gb HD for the media do you guys think that this is a practical setup for what i want to use it for the total build cost will be really cost friendly my brother gave me the board processor and i got the RAM for bucks all i d need is a case hard drives and building a file server for my home network need suggestions. a cheap video card prob a PCIe nbsp

A:building a file server for my home network need suggestions.

Looks like your off to a good start although that CPU is far more powerfull than what you need for a file server.(my server only has a Pentium 3 800mhz and runs fine with 5 comps on it.)Unless your using fiber.If you have 100mbps lan a 300mhz CPU will do fine. Any way sence it was given to you it's not like you overpaid for that excess power and eventualy network speeds may make a CPU like that necessary so you shouldn't have to upgrade for a while. I personally recomend Linux over windows for a server due to the increased stability and security.I also recomend a tape drive for backing up your data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-file-server-for-my-home-network-need-suggestions.53573/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello So I have been using my HP Pavilion g laptop for around a year now and so far it has been smooth sailing However around a day or two ago my computer suddenly became unbearably slow on normal mode I would try to open google chrome and it would freeze up my computer and even opening the start menu took an incredible amount of time This was a sudden onset of slowness and I cannot remember if I installed any updates that may 7 incredibly Home needed. Windows suddenly 64bit slow, suggestions have caused this Using even safe mode opening the uninstall part of control panel would take ages Windows 7 Home 64bit suddenly incredibly slow, suggestions needed. I Windows 7 Home 64bit suddenly incredibly slow, suggestions needed. have tried many things to fix this Used SFC scannow Windows 7 Home 64bit suddenly incredibly slow, suggestions needed. caused a crash Used disk check on safe mode says that I need to defrag of the disk However It also says there is a SMART check failure I am quite confused about this because when I looked again it said that the smart status was quot good quot HP support center Deleted temporary files Checked task manager to see if there was any processes that were taking up too much memory it looks good normally However on normal mode whenever I would open chrome the CPU would spike to Specs are AMD A - M APU with Radeon graphics gigs of RAM Thanks

A:Windows 7 Home 64bit suddenly incredibly slow, suggestions needed.

Please fill in you specs completely. ((My System Specs)) This helps us help you.
Their is a virus called SMART check.
I would recommend checking and make sure your computer is clean first.
What anti virus and firewall are you using?
I would start here.
Windows Defender Offline

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/240677-windows-7-home-64bit-suddenly-incredibly-slow-suggestions-needed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Just looking for some suggestions to beef up the security of my current setup After years of relying on traditional suites and A V products I m trying the build your own layered solution with the + - - Config + Advisor Win Site ___? needed Patrol + Shootfire Win Suggestions Defender goal of keeping memory use at or below what I d use with a suite Here s what I have now On-access real time Win Defender for Win HIPS system monitor Win Patrol Free Browser safety URL checker McAfee Web Advisor On-demand scanners x week or more Malwarebytes Free HerdProtect DNS OpenDNS Windows Firewall - default settings This uses about MB of memory at idle Win Defender WinPatrol WebAdvisor I was thinking back to PC Tools ThreatFire which is no longer available but wondering if something like that would add any benefit if such a thing exists now Any other suggestions I m not particularly worried about a fancy firewall because I almost always use this system at home behind a U-verse router Shootfire Config - Suggestions needed - Win Defender + Win Patrol + Site Advisor + ___? firewall THANKS Dave nbsp

A:Shootfire Config - Suggestions needed - Win Defender + Win Patrol + Site Advisor + ___?

I'd suggest freeware anti-executable: NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro.

http://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/EXERadar_Pro_x86_x64_v3.1_15052015_BUILD1.exe

This security soft will allow you to control what executes on your system + you can define additional vulnerable processes.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/shootfire-config-suggestions-needed-win-defender-win-patrol-site-advisor-___.57042/
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay I have an old quot server quot that is biting the dust Its only an gig ram Optiplex dektop I am using as a server super quiet capacity server. high a Suggestions cheap on that had mirrored TB drives in it I have reciently got into home theater stuff and now have WD TV Lives and I am LOVING it so much I just ripped all of my DVD s and Blu-Rays to put on my server shares so I am now basically serving all of them with this server and am almost hard media free in my house The problems I have is drive space this current optiplex will not run a tb drive in it as the bios is too old and the board does not support it On top of this my current s Suggestions on a cheap super quiet high capacity server. are at max limit and I have to delete shows i Suggestions on a cheap super quiet high capacity server. have not watched to put other shows on there is another hardware issue causing random reboots would like to incorporate a TV tuner card of some kind into this server which I do not have in my current system OS I will be running Windows of some flavor as I run a test domain in my house on my PCs What I am wondering is if anyone had some knowledge of some non super expensive rigs that would have a HIGH media capactiy redundancy to prevent data loss quiet enough to be in a home situation and NOT be like an airplane taking off and perhaps even had network redundancy built in as I had an issue with the Optiplex that made me have to add in another ethernet card after the fact I don t want to run a NAS and a server I just want an all in one solution Thanks for looking and feel free to provide solutions I am open to any suggestions except a build yourself rig as those have always been on the nosiy side no matter what kind of quot quiet run quot parts I have used in the past So in all to recap - quiet as possible redundant as possible both disks and network able to run a TV tuner card in the future and will run the latest Windows OSes for domain testing purposes Thanks for any suggestions you all may have nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Does anyone recommend a certain brand of server and a place to buy? I am thinking server 2003 running on a Proliant with a Xeon processor but I am not sure how much power I need. I will be running five database off of one server with 40 workstations local and five connecting via terminal services. will I need dual processor? I am thinking I will need at least 400 GB of hard drive space and at least 1gb of ram maybe more. What do you guys think.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-needed-to-run-server-2003.409949/
Relevancy 44.29%

When Trying to connect wireless from my laptop to another laptop I am getting the following message:

TCP Client Error

Error while trying to connect to the server: Connection time out: Connection

What do I need to do to correct this error?

Thank you in advance.

Mr. Purrington

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/tcp-client-server-help-needed-312579.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I run an insurance/travel agency.. the only networking that i need is for hte insurance part.. quotes and a piece of softwa'res database is on one single computer right now..

2 other computers are networked to it (it acts as a server) but we are planning on getting another computer because we are going to hire another employee..

My question to you is should i just get another more powerful computer.. with more memory processing power, more RAM and more HD space.. or skip all that and get a server?

A few of the techs that work with the software i use say that having that computer act as a server is sufficient considering that i don't run too many computers off if it, but that is why i am here asking you all... i am going to buy it very soon your prompt responses are appreciated

Relevancy 44.29%

If any1 can find this Download id be greatfull

Windows SQL server 64-bit Standard Edition 2005

thnx

A:Help needed with Microsoft Server

That is not a free download you have to pay for it. Why is this in the Games forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-with-microsoft-server.431806/
Relevancy 44.29%

I just installed Pinnacle Media Center 100e on my laptop and it installed Sql server 2000. Is this program neccessary to run the TV part? what is it for?

A:Is Sql server needed for PCTV?

http://media3.net/sql.htm

it seems its a database software program...i dont think you will need it but maybe someone else can clarify a lil more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-sql-server-needed-for-pctv.325864/
Relevancy 43.86%

i've noticed for the past 2 days that i've gotten this error.
i'm running windows vista premium on my laptop.
1gb ram. 80gb memory

clean install.

a picture of the error is shown below.
and i'm connected to the internet even tho thats showing.
i did search the board and i havent seen anyone with the problem.

also i have a dsl connection.. with a wireless router that i got from my dsl company.
any help would be welcome..

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi i am running windows server 2003 standard edition

And on my client computers using windows xp it takes like 10mins to login from using active directory and on windows 2000 takes about 30 seconds. I am not using profile or anything just normal. Does anyone know why? And when i search active directory on client computers nothing shows up no users or anything...

A:Windows server 2003 help needed!

Make sure on his XP machine has a correct DNS configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-help-needed.444630/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all Firstly I apologise if this has been covered a lot I'm sure it has but it seems a VERY common problem but this is driving me nuts I'm having an intermittent problem where I lose my internet connection I'm - problems Intermittent DNS server please! needed help on a wired connection Intermittent DNS server problems - help needed please! using an onboard Realtek PCie GBE Family Controller I will be working fine one minute then randomly the yellow triangle will appear over the network icon and I'll lose my connection If I try to diagnose the problem I get the 'dns server is not responding' message' When this happens nothing I try will fix it Things I have tried netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset ipconfig flushdns Reboot I've changed the automatic DNS settings to OpenDNS on the adapter and the router I've started in Safe Mode I've turned off the firewall windows AND on the router I've tried two different drivers for the LAN controller Then I'll return to my PC a short while later and it'll 'magically' be working again For example I went to bed last night with no connection after trying all the above and when I checked this morning it was working This is happening on a daily basis I have other devices connected to the same router and they have no problems Any ideas how to go about troubleshooting this

A:Intermittent DNS server problems - help needed please!

Have you tried something as simple as power cycling your network equipment(any routers and or modems)? If not; i would give that a shot and see what happens. Power cycling should reset the connections hopefully. Unplug any modem(s) and router(s); then wait about a minute and plug the modem(s) back in first; let them boot fully; then plug the routers back in and let them boot. If you have all in one routers/modems then just unplug that unit(s) and wait a minute then plug it back in and hopefully that will reset the connection. Also; one other thing to do is when you do have a working connection; check for any driver updates for your network card/controller(s) and install them. But check from the manufacturers site; not through windows update. Try this out and see what happens and if it doesnt work post back and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346436-intermittent-dns-server-problems-help-needed-please.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I need help specing out a rackmount server for my website. It needs to run Windows 2000 and have SQL. What considerations should I look at in buying a server to host my site? I'm getting about 100,000- 200,000 hits per day and the site is written in asp.net. Single or dual CPUs? Power supply? Motherboard? What sized hard drive(s)?

A:Rackmount server advice needed

I think that the first thing you considered is the RAM. The more the better , and somewere around 1 Gig should do it.
Also should think about a mobo with a raid array , since you need to serve pages fast. Based on those 2 thing you should start to shop for the rest. When it comes to single vs. dually cpu's, i belive that a single cpu should do it ,since it will only be used for web purpoises.
HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rackmount-server-advice-needed.102934/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys!

Can Anybody provide me with NVNC (.net VNC) SERVER SOURCE CODE.Client source codes are available but couldnt get NVNC Server source code...I need it for a project.Please help me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvnc-server-source-code-needed.1095889/
Relevancy 43.43%

hi

just a lo down
we have a server, but looking for software that we can use. something equivalent to linux. the main task will be to hook up all the mac's we have to this server.
at the moment the macs are hooked up on a exchange server. so we need somthing dedicated to the macs.

any help will be appreciated

cheers

A:software needed for server connected to macs

What will the purpose of this sever be? File sharing or application? Or is it just to have the Macs all 'connected' together?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-needed-for-server-connected-to-macs.434816/
Relevancy 43.43%

I want to setup a minecraft server, i need to portforward but use my static ip, how can i set it up when the port number columns are split in 2

http://i.imgur.com/0OIXf.jpg

All i think i need to do is to add in the port number, i dont know what format it wants it in seeming the MC port number i think is 25565

A:Belkin Minecraft Server Port Help Needed

I have also tried this

http://i.imgur.com/dn3zS.jpg

Any other ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/187065-belkin-minecraft-server-port-help-needed.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys,

We currently have a large amount of digital images stored on our shared server which we would like to be able to tag with multiple labels and organise into categories. Basically something like Google Picasa, that can be used on a corporate level.

I am looking for some kind of software which can be used by everyone in the company, so everyone can add photos, view, tag and organise them.

We are a fairly small company of 45 people with 1 office location and we all use PCs.

I've done some Google searches but have not been able to find anything I like the look of.

Ideally want a reputable company to buy software from, with a one off payment to purchase rather than software we need to pay to use each and every year.

Any tips and pointers would be great...!

Thank you!

A:Image Library needed for corporate use on server

I can give you another place to search, all open sourcehttp://sourceforge.net/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256066/image-library-needed-for-corporate-use-on-server/
Relevancy 43.43%

This keeps popping up from zone alarm "SQL Server Windows NT is trying to act as a server". The application is sqlservr.exe.

It pops up intermittently and not when ive tried to do any particular task, i keep denying but would appreciate knowing if its safe or not.

Im running XP Pro service pack 2 ie 6.

Thanx
Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zone-alarm-prompt-sql-server-help-needed.574401/
Relevancy 43.43%

I need to set up a Windows 2000 Server as a PDC. It will host files and an ACT database. No Exchange. No external web service. Can anyone point me to an online resource or a book that will help me through the process?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/checklist-needed-win2k-server-install.510461/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all I have had that issue for a long time and couldn t get it solved Here are all the information of typing in the cmd Could anybody help dns primary Help server with Needed: 7 cannot windows communicate me with that please Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C windows system gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rachel-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - A- - E- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e c bf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Help Needed: windows 7 cannot communicate with primary dns server Mask Lease Obtained Saturday November PM Lease Expires Saturday November PM Default Help Needed: windows 7 cannot communicate with primary dns server Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -BF- - E- -F -DC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - E- -F -DC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C windows system gt nbsp

A:Help Needed: windows 7 cannot communicate with primary dns server

Describe your network, please. Is there actually anything (router, server, another computer, ...) at 192.168.1.1?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-windows-7-cannot-communicate-with-primary-dns-server.1075278/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello ppl i am a new user For Server Urgent Windows Needed 2000 Help i have a problem dont know how to solve it i have a windows server which seems to be attacked by a virus or trojan what Urgent Help Needed For Windows 2000 Server ever real Urgent Help Needed For Windows 2000 Server thing is its not letting me do any thing not opening any exe file not running antivirus not opening any folders which contain exe files when i double click the folder it opens and immidiatly close i tried it in safe mode but no luck doing the same thing regedit not working aswell S was able to run hijack and here is the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT System termsrv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System msdtc exe C Program Files SAV DefWatch exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System ibrowser exe C WINNT System llssrv exe C WINNT system pnsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT System cdmsvc exe C WINNT system Dfssvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT System msjavames exe C WINNT Explorer exe C WINNT System mdm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe msjavames exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINNT System userinit exe msjavames exe O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM RunServices Ms Java for Windows NT ME amp XP msjavames exe O - HKCU RunServices Ms Java for Windows NT ME amp XP msjavames exe O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS web related htm file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS web related htm file missing O - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c documents and settings administrator windows system rnr dll' missing O - Service Alerter - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System services exe file missing O - Service Application Management AppMgmt - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS system services exe file missing O - Service Background Intelligent Transfer Service BITS - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS system svchost exe file missing O - Service Computer Browser Browser - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System services exe file missing O - Service Client Network CdmService - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System cdmsvc exe file missing O - Service Indexing Service cisvc - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS system cisvc exe file missing O - Service ClipBook ClipSrv - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS system clipsrv exe file missing O - Service Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files SAV DefWatch exe O - Service Distributed File System Dfs - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS system Dfssvc exe file missing O - Service DHCP Client Dhcp - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System services exe file missing O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System dmadmin exe file missing O - Service Logical Disk Manager dmserver - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System services exe file missing O - Service DNS Client Dnscache - Unknown owner - C Documents and Settings Administrator WINDOWS System servic... Read more

A:Urgent Help Needed For Windows 2000 Server

Hello,Your system is terribly infected. Problem with these infections nowadays is, it causes a lot of damage. Even if we clean the malware off your system, I can't guarantee that your system will be clean afterwards, because these infections/bundles leave a lot of leftovers behind that most scanners won't even recognise and logs won't show.Also, I can't promise you we can repair all the damage it caused... Even after cleaning the malware, you can still get errors afterwards because of the damage. Solving these is not always possible since it will be searching for a needle in a haystack to find the right cause and solution.You are dealing with some very nasty pieces of malware...These allow hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute filesI would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the Trojans may be identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Also, in your case, the damage it already caused is huge - so it is already too late to clean this up. As we say - it's "game over" here.That's why a format and reinstall is the only solution for the moment.Keep in mind, you didn't have any protection software running in the background, and especially on a server - unpatched as well - well, that's asking for problems. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallI wish you good luck and when you reinstall Windows, first thing you should do is installing a firewall, antivirus and then update your windows. Because without these patches, Antivirus and firewall, you'll get reinfected in no time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64633/urgent-help-needed-for-windows-2000-server/
Relevancy 43.43%

so my brother installed ms hyper v server 2012 r2 on my computer and now has completely messed it up i cant even see the desktop i need tips on how to solve this reply to this thread or add me on facebook if you can help please
fb=laith joseph (teemo)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45443-microsoft-hyper-v-server-2012-r2-help-needed.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I m trying to run a server for a java application called mekwars The program needs ports and open I have obtained an ip address from my ISP and registered with dyndns I can ping my public ip address my router I can access my server from any other computer in the LAN My router is a Zyxel p hn-T a I have configured port forwarding of both ports to my server I have disabled the firewall in the router and restarted it My server is running CentOS I have opened the ports in the server iptables I don t think this is the issue as I can connect from my lan to the server When I try to connect from within my configuration needed home server router with for Help lan to the public ip address of my server the program tells me it cannot find the server I can t telnet to port and nmap tells me that the only ports that are open are and I believe this are open by default on the router to allow remote management I can telnet from the lan My networking isn t Help needed with router configuration for home server great and I m used to having an quot ip passthrough quot option on the router to assign to my server I do have it set as the default router in port-forwarding so I had hoped this would be a similiar option I ve a funny feeling I ll have to telnet to the router to take care of some hidden options but I m posting here first hoping some network guru will be able to say quot Ah Help needed with router configuration for home server I ran into this problem back in dickity quot Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where I m going wrong Do I have to set a static route in addition to port forwarding or could I have port forwarding configured incorrectly I m also considering the router may be at fault and I ve emailed my ISP to make sure they re not filtering the ports before they reach my router nbsp

A:Help needed with router configuration for home server

When I try to connect (from within my lan) to the public ip address of my server the program tells me it cannot find the server.Click to expand...

You mean the public (WAN) IP address of the router, right? Some routers will "loop back" the way you want it to and others will not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-with-router-configuration-for-home-server.1021429/
Relevancy 43%

Hi there,
I have an I0Print+fast printer server.

I have used the web configuratgion to chasnge the password. But with out reaslising it, accedently mistyped the password both times!! ::

Now i can't get back into modify, change, e.t.c. the print server.

Any ideas on what I can do please!??

Relevancy 43%

Hello I just bought a Canon Powershot A IS and I tried to install the software disc provided tonight It fails right away that my OS is not compatible I run Windows Server and going back to XP is not an option I can see the camera listed in Computer Management just fine and I was hoping to at least view the camera as a Digital help camera Windows Server and needed 2003 memory drive in My Computer no go Windows 2003 Server and Digital camera help needed From what I see online Canon has no plans to release drivers I also found a program that will convert the server Windows 2003 Server and Digital camera help needed code to XP but it s made by a user overseas and there is no way I would trust that Is there any good free software out Windows 2003 Server and Digital camera help needed there that will allow the transfer of the images to my computer I only have the USB cable supplied and do not have a card reader Would a card reader recognize the attached camera As long as I can get the files transferred I have other software to do simple things like resize crop etc Most of the pictures will be just emailed etc but the real problem is getting them off the camera Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there Hi have already posted several threads about my domain which removes -Urgent on server, needed! Package Deploed help controler domain installs and I recently setup I don t know much Deploed Package on server, installs and removes domain controler -Urgent help needed! about OUs Deploed Package on server, installs and removes domain controler -Urgent help needed! and GPOs but I thought Id have a go at installing some software packages I have made some using Wininstall LE and set the for assigned deployment I restarted the server and it begun installing all the packages this varied from things like Winamp to the Win XP SP Things which are not compatable with it do not seam to install But once It finished I loged onto it locally and it appears to have quot shutdown quot the network It does not allow me back into remove the software packages says it cannot find a domain controller and does not run any network shares or anything If i go Start gt run gt servername it gives me an empty window I have tried uninstalling the software manually by going thro ad remove programs but of course when it restarts it just installs the software again Please help I am very desperate here any suggestions welcomed please nbsp

A:Deploed Package on server, installs and removes domain controler -Urgent help needed!

Just a passing thought...is there a way to stop it installing the packages on startup? a key combination or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deploed-package-on-server-installs-and-removes-domain-controler-urgent-help-needed.624854/
Relevancy 38.7%

Please need to solve at this time the following and believe I need the server settings and other info I am a dunce with Windows and it never did play well with Comcast just that with XP I could fumble it into place myself Now the Comcast techs are lost or just do not want to help me reconfigure Live settings Windows needed server Mail/Comcast/mail it into Windows Live Mail as the whole problem was created by their instructions on how to set up pay on line Incredible hmm Windows Live Mail/Comcast/mail server settings needed The connection to the server has failed Subject Re Find your true friend Server smtp comcast net Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC E Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL No Socket Error Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail Napolina account The host comcast net could not be found Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly Server comcast net Windows Live Mail Windows Live Mail/Comcast/mail server settings needed Error ID x CCC D Protocol POP Port Secure SSL Yes Socket Error Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast TanToes account Windows Live Mail/Comcast/mail server settings needed The host could not be found Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly Server Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC D Protocol POP Port Secure SSL No Socket Error nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all Strange request this one -- I need a new Desktop Workstation -- needs to be a fixed workstation I've got plenty of spare disk drives and memory modules and I don't need to buy a monitor From what I've seen so far it seems I can get desktop -- New or ?? Domestic Server small Desktop needed a MUCH better deal on buying a Low end Robust mini tower SERVER such as the LENOVO THINKSERVER S V basic model around GBP USD rather than a workstation such as say DELL New Desktop needed -- Domestic desktop or small Server ?? INSPIRON The workstation will get ROBUST use and needs to be New Desktop needed -- Domestic desktop or small Server ?? on for long periods A Mini New Desktop needed -- Domestic desktop or small Server ?? tower Server seems to be the better option -- I can quot Up the memory quot and increase the disk space and run Windows without a problem on it Seems Servers at the lower end of the market are actually CHEAPER than Desktops Not talking about quot Racks quot or quot Blades quot btw -- these are more specialized nd expensive of course I don't need extreme gaming so quot Roll your own quot isn't applicable here Any comments - Disadvantages of running a PHYSICAL server as a workstation note that a WORKSTATION OS would be installed on it BTW Cheers jimbo

A:New Desktop needed -- Domestic desktop or small Server ??

Building your own rig doesn't only apply to gaming. But if you're adamant about buying a prebuilt... I don't see why there would be any problem, other than the extras (graphics, sound card) not being exactly up to par.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/171694-new-desktop-needed-domestic-desktop-small-server.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi there think this problem is getting rampant I got systems at home and both are facing this problem just Needed!!! Help administrator disabled by Alt+Ctrl+Needed over the weekend The task mgr is disabled alongside the normal shutdown function Now i can only shut down the machine by logging off first as a user then shut down from that screen The Run function is also disabled as well as well as Help Needed!!! Alt+Ctrl+Needed disabled by administrator the Resident Shield in my AVG Free Help Needed!!! Alt+Ctrl+Needed disabled by administrator program Below is the HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM Help Needed!!! Alt+Ctrl+Needed disabled by administrator on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files uTorrent utorrent exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgwb dat C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sg yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http g msn com SEENSG TBR FRWCompleteTBSiteFinalDEFAULT O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar StylerToolBar - D F F - B- EA - FA -A D E F - C Program Files Styler TB StylerTB dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL -RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr -ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run EasyTuneV -C Program Files Gigabyte ET GUI exe O - HKLM Run WinFoxV -C WINDOWS system WF K EXE O - HKLM Run WinFast KLoadDefault -rundll exe C WINDOWS system wf kcpl dll DllLoadDefaultSettings O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter -RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC -C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run lsass svchost exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon -RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM RunServices lsass svchost exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htm O - Extra context menu item Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspx O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROG... Read more

A:Help Needed!!! Alt+Ctrl+Needed disabled by administrator

Hi, sorry to bump this. Is there anyone who can help me with the problem? Many thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-alt-ctrl-needed-disabled-by-administrator.624641/
Relevancy 32.25%

i had shortly made a disk clean up as my drive c was full...and then when i reebooted my computer afta da check it reported a problem like "load needed for DLLs kernel".......i am totally frustrated with this thing.....i would appreciate any help and by the way if there is a way in which i can solve dis without windows xp cd i would be very grateful.....otherwise tell me the way which i can solve this with the xp CD !!
Thank you...

A:help needed with load needed for DDLs kernel

Hi joeljacob,

Is this message being displayed when you try to boot your computer, or is it being displayed when you have got into Windows?

Do you have the Windows XP Disk with you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-needed-with-load-needed-for-ddls-kernel-565576.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey All I am working on a server and recently two of their mail accounts have began not sending out email When I first looked into the outbound box the mail I sent out is still pending It usually takes anywhere from minute to several hours to for it Argosoft Outbox to be delivered on ArgoSoft does send Working not Server) Email out emails (mail, and server Solved: Also when Solved: Working on server (mail, ArgoSoft Email Server) and does not send emails out I send out a email to that particular a particular address it will just sit there I have also done scans with AVG and found that it had Solved: Working on server (mail, ArgoSoft Email Server) and does not send emails out I-Worm Bagz D infection I quickly quarantined that infection as to not allow to infect other files on the pc server I have also done a Hijack This Scan please can someone look at this and tell some about what I am making out Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe d Program Files ArGo Software Design Mail Server mlsrvnt exe D Program Files ArGo Software Design Mail Server mlsrvctl exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C DOCUME admin LOCALS Temp Hijack exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk O - Global Startup QuickBooks Update Agent lnk C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate... Read more

A:Solved: Working on server (mail, ArgoSoft Email Server) and does not send emails out

I have decided to close this as email service is being moved to a off site location and that also no one has responded to it. I am grateful to anyone who has looked at it and appreciate your time in looking at.

Thank you very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-working-on-server-mail-argosoft-email-server-and-does-not-send-emails-out.754903/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 31.82%

i am having microsoft windows server for small business server Service Pack iwant to run an application build up with ASP NET amp SQL DATABASE for generating reports we are using crystal reports while running the application i am gettig an error message as File or assembly name CrystalDecisions Web or one of 2003 microsoft small Pack business windows for Service 1 server server its dependencies was not found i tried to copy all the dll files in to the bin folder still the problem is not solved Source Error Line debugging ASP NET files Line -- gt Line lt compilation defaultLanguage quot c quot debug quot true quot gt lt assemblies gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions CrystalReports Engine Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions ReportSource Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Shared Version Culture neutral microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 lt assemblies gt lt compilation gt Line Line lt -- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES Source File C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS web config Line Assembly Load Trace The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly CrystalDecisions Web could not be loaded Pre-bind state information LOG DisplayName CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e Fully-specified LOG Appbase file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS LOG Initial PrivatePath bin Calling assembly Unknown LOG Publisher policy file is not found LOG No redirect found in host configuration file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet config LOG Using machine configuration file from C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v config machine config LOG Post-policy reference CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-server-2003-for-small-business-server-service-pack-1.498807/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have 2 servers; windows 2000 & windows 2008, I can always access them via XP but my system 7 home can't authenticate. It appears to add the domain name as a preamble my user name in the authentication....does this make sense?

thank
-Jeff

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-logon-to-server-2000-or-server-2008-from-windows-7-home-469638.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Currently we are on an NT network with a few 2000 servers tossed in. Today I learned that the plan is to migrate everything to Linux. Lets assume that this only applies to the servers and that the users will still operate with 98/nt/2000/xp. What are your thoughts on this?

I put this in this forum for a reason. Because I'd rather get the advice from 2000 and 2003 experts who know what Linux cannot replace than to hear the Linux fanboys and anti-Microsoft activists praise it to the high heavens.

What would your concerns be if this was done on your network? What problems have you encountered if you'd tried this? Or what successes? Know of any businesses that have done this successfully?

Relevancy 31.82%

I don't know if this is help for our server or Excel I am looking for. Here is the issue...

Whenever one lady is logged into a session on our server, she opens a word document that has an Excel worksheet embedded in it. The second she tries to click on the Excel worksheet, Dr. Watson makes a call and hits me with the following message...

Error in Excel.exe
Access Violation (0xC0000005), Address: 0x304632a3

When she tries to just open the Excel program, she gets this error:

Compile Error in Hidden Module: ThisWorkBook

This only happens to her, should I make a new profile on the server for her? Is there something in Excel I can do? I am so lost and MS Knowledge base has been of no help to me.

A:Excel Shutting Down on Windows NT Server (Terminal Server, Citrix Metaframe)

Try this, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q169718

And this, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q172211

Or look here for more, http://search.support.microsoft.com...Type=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-shutting-down-on-windows-nt-server-terminal-server-citrix-metaframe.90969/
Relevancy 31.82%

I'm having issues finding the location of en expired certificate that one of my LDAP servers responds with during an LDAPS bind attempt.

I'm using Linux's ldapsearch to perform specific tasks during user creation but recently discovered the certificate expired. I have renewed said certificate and placed it in the personal store on that ldapserver but after debugging the SSL connection it still responds with the previously expired certificate.

Can anyone tell me where this certificate would be stored on Windows Server 2003. I've found multiple post regarding the store in 2008 but that does not exist in 2003. I've searched the whole store using certutil trying to match the serial on this certificate but can't find it anywhere.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

https://hardforum.com/threads/windws-server-2003-ldaps-returning-expired-server-certificate.1911174/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello All,

I want to dual boot XP Pro , 2000 Server and 2003 Server and wanted to check the best order to instal these OS's?

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-booting-xp-pro-2000-server-and-2003-server-instal-order.637431/
Relevancy 31.82%

Can anyone help me with setting up 515E up 2004 Setting ISA Exchange in Server Server 2003 front and of Pix this network layout with my Pix Firewall Network Layout Pix gt DMZ gt ISA Server gt Exchange Server Users Pix outside IP Address Pix inside IP Address DMZ IP Addresss ISA Server outside IP ISA Server inside IP I ve identified the interfaces IP Address and named all plus the following config global outside interface nat inside nat dmz conduit permit icmp any any route outside I can now access the internet from my ISA Server in the DMZ zone I Setting up Pix 515E in front of ISA Server 2004 and Exchange Server 2003 am intending to put the ISA Server out on the DMZ to access the outside world with static dmz outside netmask and then open all traffic to ISA with access-list acl out permit ip any host any access-group acl out in interface outside then I ll give ISA server access to the inside network with access-list acl dmz permit tcp eq access-group acl dmz in interface dmz With the above commands the first access-list acl out was not accepted by pix plus the second access-list acl dmz so if you could please share some light upon my configurations Regards Semisi nbsp

A:Setting up Pix 515E in front of ISA Server 2004 and Exchange Server 2003

Here, I scrapped your config. NAT bad/static bad/conduit bad/access-list bad.

no fixup protocol smtp
nameif int xxx outside security 0
nameif int xxx inside security 100
nameif int xxx dmz security 80
icmp permit any outside echo-reply
icmp permit any outside unreachable
icmp permit any inside
icmp permit any dmz
global (outside) 1 int
nat (inside) 1 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0 32768 16483
route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 65.77.78.1 1
static (inside,dmz) 172.17.0.0 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0
static (dmz,outside) 172.18.0.2 65.77.78.48 netmask 255.255.255.255 << Can't have same IP as interface**
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 80
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 443
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 25
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq echo
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq echo-reply
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq unreachable
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq source-quench
access-group internet in interface outside
access-list dmz permit ip host 172.18.0.2 any << *Read note 1
access-group dmz in interface dmz
access-list inside permit ip any any
access-group inside in interface inside

The above config will nat 172.18.0.2 to 65.77.78.48. You can't static NAT an entire IP to the same as a global (your interface). You can only do this if you NAT specific ports.

The above config will allow internet to reach 65.77.78.48 via TCP 80/443/25. I can only assume you're using ISA for EFE server, and maybe proxy. (Not an ISA fan)

The above config allows your ISA server carte-blanche access. In essence, it's a DMZ by name only. Don't fool yourself.

Don't use conduits, they're deprecated.

Don't use a firewall to permit "any" to your ISA server, actually use it to block inbound ports.

Also, your ISA server shouldn't/can't have two NIC's in the same subnet. That's a bad idea on 10 different levels. IF you're using your ISA server (blech) as EFE / reverse proxy for OWA, and outbound proxy - you might as well keep it on the same subnet as your Exchange server (inside, I'm assuming.) Again, 10 different reasons why it's a flawed security plan.

If this is simply an EFE server or reverse proxy, make sure you don't keep the ISA server part of any AD domain, stick it in the DMZ, and restrict what hosts it's allowed to see on the network that you're trying to protect.

Regards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-pix-515e-in-front-of-isa-server-2004-and-exchange-server-2003.563885/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello Guys,

Is there a way via scipting to force a pc to refresh their local printer
settings from the print server ? We have enabled Duplexing as the default for
printing ( conserve that paper ! ) for our HP Laserjet printers on the
Print Server, but if a user goes on their local printer settings and unchecks
duplexing, it will not re-pull that device setting from the print server
unless you delete and then re-add the printer on the local machine. Is there
a way to have the printer settings pulled from the server without have to
delete and then readd the locally installed network printer ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forcing-a-refresh-of-network-printer-settings-from-print-server-server.600852/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi there,

I've worked for a long time with xampp on Windows and never had this problem.

I try to access PHPmyAdmin and this error message appears:
HTML:
#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)
Why?

Thanks

A:XAMPP - #2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is n

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xampp-2002-the-server-is-not-responding-or-the-local-mysql-servers-socket-is-n.1035330/
Relevancy 31.82%

The following Structure is a representation PC - IP - FQDN PC DOM LOCAL PC - IP - FQDN PC DOM LOCAL SRV - IP - Server Issue to File 2012 7 Windows Share Server Networking a with FQDN SRV DOM LOCAL - File Share 'FLDR ' USR lt ReadOnly gt SRV has a folder FLDR being shared for read only access to user USR PC and PC Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share logged on Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share as Domain User USR PC is able to connect to SRV to see and look in FLDR PC is unable to connect to SRV Windows 7 Networking Issue to a Server 2012 Server with File Share to see and look in FLDR Now there are multiple means of connecting to SRV to see the share FLDR The following connections were done in combination with the following methods Method - via logged on Domain User CMD Prompt with 'NET VIEW' Method - via logged on Domain Administrator CMD Prompt with 'NET VIEW' Method - via logged on Domain User Explorer Window Method - via logged on Domain Administrator Explorer Window Connection - via Server Name Connection - via Server IP Address Connection - via Server Fully Qualified Domain Name Now that the stage is set going to the fun part Testing from both PC and PC ------------------------------------------- PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success ------------------------------------------- PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Fail PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success PC Method - Connection - Success ------------------------------------------- PC and PC being logged in as USR PC is able to connect to the SRV share FLDR PC is unable to connect to SRV except by IP Address as shown in the tests above but as for data connection for some reason it is very slow even though it is on a Gb line nbsp All failures are given in response to Access Denied Error This issue persists after I reboot PC and after I remove USR user profile nbsp I have also tried changing the IP address of the PC and still no resolution Also no local PC accounts such as Administrator or Guest can be used to view our shares as we have removed 'Everyone' from the permissions and have selected 'Domain Users' group in place of it nbsp If you are not in our domain you will not have access to our shares even if you are on our network This issue also just started this past week I have looked for a resolution to this issue and am unable to find one that works nbsp In reality we have PCs on our floor that use a single user to get to this single folder to run an application and only one of them is giving this issue nbsp I'm almost getting ready to rebuild the issue PC from scratch with the image of the other machines nbsp Also the imaging isn't the issue either since I've used the same image and software package for the past two years on this group of machines and this particular machine was in the second batch out of six deployed nbsp Any other suggestions are welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9a70a336-c183-430b-b6e5-0adcec1552c7/windows-7-networking-issue-to-a-server-2012-server-with-file-share?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 31.82%

There is a process running on my computer called csrss.exe

I went to http://www.processlibrary.com and looked it up and came up with 2 different things. One says it is a Trojan and needs to be removed. The same exact process name also says it is Microsoft client server runtime server and SHOULD NOT be removed.

How I am supposed to tell the difference so I do not make a mistake by either leaving it alone or removing it???

A:Process: csrss.exe (trojan or Microsoft Client Server Runtime Server?)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561994 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561994/process-csrssexe-trojan-or-microsoft-client-server-runtime-server/
Relevancy 31.82%

Just bought 2 new Intel S5000VSA server boards, After building both Pcs using the Intel disc that came with board and even the win 2003 setup disc directly I cant seem to install windows server 2003 without receiving a BSOD during setup. All Hardware is compliant with the board. Please Help

A:Cant install Windows Server 2003 on Intel s5000vsa server board

Strip the system down. One memory stick, no USB devices, on-board video and sound, no sound card and try the OS install again. Reset the bios to failsafe defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-windows-server-2003-on-intel-s5000vsa-server-board.113843/
Relevancy 31.82%

IP Network: Dhcp server works fine. (CISCO ROUTER)

Windows 200o servers, Windows 2000 clients (up to dated, sp4, rollup1 etc) IS6sp1

Some pc's with IP dhcp , works ok
Some pc's with fixed IP, works ok

After changing fixed IP on a client to dhcp-IP, the client can not find the DHCP server.
change back to fixed IP, PC works fine again.

DHP server and other DHCP clients still working fine

Local Area connection status: only outgoing packets, no incoming.

reboot, or ipconfig /renew no solutions

Does someone know this problem ?
Pieter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-dhcp-server-found-after-using-fixed-ip-windows-2000-dhpc-server-works-fine.538322/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a print server running standard sp I have been looking for a way to allow helpdesk staff install 2003 Windows SP2 on Standard server print to install & Server Unable remotely 7 driver and manage printers without logging into the server and Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server without adding them to the admin group So I added them to the power users group and the print operators group that worked fine they were able to UNC servername Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server to the server and install printers drivers as well as uninstall drivers printers ect Now the problem this works great from an XP box but when we try it from a windows machine we get access denied More specifically it acts like it is going to install the printer then when it comes to the driver installation part it fails Printer driver was not installed Access is denied No changes have been made to the permissions I can log into an XP machine with my profile and it works fine log out go to a Windows machine use the same credentials and I get the above message access is denied I am an admin of both machines on the windows machine I have UAC turned off completely Running XP Pro SP amp Windows pro both are bit machines I should also add that I have made the necessary group policy changes to allow printer operators to Load Unload device drivers and under the local policies security options I ensured that the Prevent users from installing printer drivers was Disabled Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server

How do you enter the credentials on the Windows 7 machine? I've noticed that you have to use "domain\username" rather than just the username in some cases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403507/windows-7-2003-server-standard-sp2-unable-to-remotely-install-driver-on-print-server/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi,
I own a dell service class machine R-720. In general , the system should display the boot sequence messages during start up . Like DELL logo followed by hard disk, memory details and network card/ Other hardware details etc. Isn't it?
But my machine is not showing any such on screen messages while booting. It stay blank till it enters the desktop screen. What could be the exact cause and solution for this problem? Because of this, I am not able to choose the boot options or anything during boot up. Hoping for a solution to this case.
Thanks in Advance.
Siva

A:(Redirected) DELL POWER EDGE R 720 Server - No Boot sequence messages appearing while server start up

Best to post this in the Servers Forum, here:http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/default.aspx
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986831
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a SNAP SERVER 110 160G RAID0 running GuardianOS 4.4.049 SP3. It is setup with 6 share folders. One accepts all users anonymous ftp and the others are folders only accessible by local snap admins and specific local snap users. When someone writes a file to the ftp share it gets also written to all of the shares. The server is standalone not in a windows domain or NIS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-copying-file-to-snap-server-110-writes-to-all-shares-on-the-server.770850/
Relevancy 31.82%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716194/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a Access database residing on one sever and an installation of SQL Server residing Server 2008 gives SQL error Access 2000 Linked from to Server db on another Both servers are running Windows Server I created a linked server using the code below When I run EXEC sp tables ex PropCont I get the following quot OLE DB error trace OLE DB Provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB IDBInitialize Initialize returned x The provider did not give Linked Server from SQL Server 2008 to Access 2000 db gives error any information about the error Msg Level State Procedure sp tables ex Line OLE DB provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB reported an error The provider did not give any information about the error quot I tried changing the code to specify my account information which has Administrative privileges on the domain and I get quot OLE DB error trace OLE DB Provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB IDBInitialize Initialize returned x e d Authentication failed Msg Level State Procedure sp tables ex Line OLE DB provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB reported an error Authentication failed quot Originally I was getting an error that said quot The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user quot I found an article on line that suggested I do the following quot Open SSMS Expand Server Objects Linked Servers Providers Double click the provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB UNTICK the quot Allow inprocess quot option quot I did this and I stopped getting that error but started getting the error I listed above however when I went back and checked the quot Allow inprocess quot option was still checked I can t get it to remain unchecked I can t find anything regarding how to specify the MDW file which is located in the same folder as the database file Another article suggested making sure it is checked and also checking quot Nested Queries quot This had no effect I believe the linked server has been created correctly as I can see it and it s properties in SSMS and it shows up in the list of linked servers when I run EXEC sp helplinkedsrvlogin The Access database has been in use for years Users access it through the Access runtime Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated EXEC sp addlinkedserver server PropCont provider Microsoft Jet OLEDB srvproduct Access datasrc lt Server Name gt SharedDatabasesPropCont mdb GO EXEC sp addlinkedsrvlogin rmtsrvname PropCont useself false rmtuser Admin rmtpassword GO nbsp

Relevancy 31.82%

I'm trying to map a drive from an XP client to a UNIX server, but I receive the following error message:

The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred:
The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

The share on the UNIX server is mapped successfully by other PCs, both XP and Windows 7, so the problem must be on the client side.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-map-drive-to-unix-server-the-specified-server-cannot-perform-the-requested.1103311/
Relevancy 31.82%

Cannot access windows updates any admin tools av websites cannot run spybot internet explorer giving security settings warning cannot change any of the settings HJT log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Documents and Settings administrator domain WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe tools admin Terminal access 2003 Server Server cannot C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe P Worldox WDA exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Tabs CMMAIN EXE C Program Files Tabs STMapi exe C Program Files Tabs dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat plug ins PaperCapture Server Roman Capserve exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system mstsc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files FileOpen plug ins FileOpenAPI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings administrator domain Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run bacstray C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files Scan... Read more

A:Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403995/server-2003-terminal-server-cannot-access-admin-tools/