Windows Support Forum

Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

Q: Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

I have been using Windows Live Mail as my email client for years Due to Microsoft changes I decided to switch to Outlook I have installed Office Personal taking advantage of the free one year subscription although I am considering cancelling and deleting it and purchasing the standalone Outlook product When Or To, Cannot 2016 Import Setup Outlook From Export I registered for this forum I selected Office as my product since Office Personal is not an option I have been trying for days to set up Outlook with no success I've researched every article and forum I can find for Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016 answers to no avail I've downloaded every troubleshooter and analytical tool I can find while trying to configure Outlook I've read every tutorial I can find I am trying to set up Outlook for two sbcglobal net accounts and several live com msn com outlook com and windowslive com email accounts One of my windowslive com accounts is also my Microsoft email account I can't import WLM email accounts or email messages from WLM into Outlook I can't export WLM email accounts or email messages into Outlook I've received just about every error message imaginable including quot The export could not be performed Your default MAPI store could not be opened quot quot Cannot connect to server quot quot Oops something went wrong quot and other error messages I have received the test messages sent from Outlook to the sbcglobal net email accounts but that's as good as it gets which makes me wonder why I get a quot Cannot connect to server quot error message for the sbcglobal net accounts while there's clearly quot test messages quot in the sbcglobal net Inbox I have attempted to set up a profile with Outlook but that's a no go also I have tried to manually set up the email accounts in Outlook but that was unsuccessful I have set Outlook as my default email client so that's not the problem I have tried importing exporting with both WLM and Outlook open and running so that's not the problem I can't access the Import function in Outlook because I can't create a profile or set up my first account I am very familiar with setting up email accounts in email clients I've done it successfully for years with WLM and I've also done it with Thunderbird which I deleted after the first setup because I didn't like it I don't have any problems with entering the correct server port numbers authentication the correct server type SSL incoming and outgoing addresses and so forth Why am I unable to export to Outlook import from within Outlook or manually set up these email accounts I simply can't understand what the problem is Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/55164-cannot-export-import-setup-outlook-2016-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.99%

I ve just done a full re-installation of Windows ME on my PC to overcome deteriorating Import Export Outlook / Express performance I backed up data and restored it OK However I backed up the Outlook Express messages by doing an Outlook Express export into several files and copying those files back onto the new PC I suspect now that I should have simply copied the files themselves in Explorer rather than exporting them I have tried to import the messages from these exported files into my now empty Outlook folders I chose to import from an OE Identity Outlook Express Export / Import and selected the folder where the files are the files are all named after the Outlook folders and have type DBX The import function shows me the files listed as folders I select one of them Outlook Express Export / Import and the import claims to be successful but no messages are imported I have also tried simply replacing the new empty files with the backed up DBX files but although Outlook allows me to view these folders it shows them as empty Does anyone know how I can rescue the messages from the exported files All I have is the exported files Thank you nbsp

A:Outlook Express Export / Import

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-export-import.295825/
Relevancy 82.99%

I got a new computer. As I have in the past, I copied my present PST file (Outlook 2003) and opened it from my new Outlook install (2007) to get my old emails, contacts, and calendar.
As normal, everything worked well .... except this time i had been using the ACTIVITIES funtion in the contacts area to track every activity for each contact ... NO, Business Contact Manager was never installed.
In the 2007 machine, I cannot access my activities.

So how do I properly export and/or import these from my Outlook 2003 contacts??

Thank you very much for reviewing this post.

Don in Tucson
The Virus Slayer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-or-export-outlook-activities.887690/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I've got an old PC running WinXP and I have always used OE on it but I DO have Outlook loaded onto the same machine I want to migrate all my email and address book to my new machine running Win Ultimate x I know I can either IMPORT the emails with mail or Outlook Export ? OE to Import Outlook from OE OR I can EXPORT the emails using using OE correct I read somewhere that if I used the Import function I woul dlose the date time stamp on my old emails Is that true So what is better To Import the OE emails thru Outlook and then back the pst up and move it to my new machine or us e the Export function on EO to try Import or Export OE mail to Outlook ? to export the email to Outlook How about my address book And once I get the email and addresses into Outlook on my old machine should I use a Memory stick to move them to the new machine or try to use the Windows Easy Transfer and an easy transfer cable which I already have Thanks for any advice Tim

A:Import or Export OE mail to Outlook ?

timp4411

Just a quick fly by......

Some links below for you to peruse .

Migrate from Outlook Express or Windows (Live) Mail to Outlook | HowTo-Outlook

Importing and Exporting Address Books in MS Outlook 2007 | Information Technologies | University of Calgary

Copy Outlook Express address book contacts to Outlook - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/192011-import-export-oe-mail-outlook.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Anyone got any idea of how i can export a file from outlook 2003 with all the mailbox info and emails.
then import everything into Groupwise email?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-export-to-groupwise-import.683001/
Relevancy 82.99%

I ve just done a full re-installation of Windows ME on my PC to overcome deteriorating performance I backed up data and restored it OK However I backed up the Outlook Express messages by doing an Outlook Express export into several files and copying those files back onto the new PC I suspect now that I should have simply copied the files themselves in Explorer rather than exporting them I have tried to import the messages from these exported files into my now empty Outlook folders I chose to import from an OE Identity and selected the folder where the files are the files are all named after the Outlook folders and have type DBX Express Outlook Export Import / The import function shows me the files listed as folders I select one of them and the import claims to be successful but no messages are imported I have also tried simply replacing the new empty files with the backed up DBX files but although Outlook allows me to view these folders it shows them as empty Does anyone know how I can rescue the messages from the exported files All I have is the exported files Thank you nbsp

A:Outlook Express Export / Import

Please do not start a new thread for the same problem.

Closing thread. Continue replying here until the problem is resolved.

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=294404

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-export-import.298000/
Relevancy 82.99%

I recently reinstalled Office 2003 on my Win 7 desktop following a clean reinstall of Win 7. I need to Import my saved Contacts that were exported to a flash drive (.csv) prior to the reinstall. 'Import and Export' appear under File, as they should, but clicking does not start the process or bring up the series of windows giving the choices to import or export, etc. I'm stymied at the moment and I need my Contacts. Suggestions appreciated.

A:Outlook 2003 - Import Export won't

I've been using Office 2007 so long now I can't remember exactly what the 2003 interface looks like, but can you drag the CSV file off the desktop and onto a Contacts tab in Outlook 2003? That may kickstart the import process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/113046-outlook-2003-import-export-wont.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016.

After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do this?

A:Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Hello Nigel,

When you open the File menu in Outlook 2016 you should get an option to export:

Does this provide a way to do what you want?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55226-outlook-2016-export-account-settings.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I keep my address book in contacts on MS Outlook.I have two PCs and when I change data on one contact on one PC, I export to a thumb drive and then import the information into the 2nd PC.

This is what I do when I export contacts:
File-Import and Export-Export to a file-Comma Separated Values (Windows)-Contacts-
Save exported File- then I indicate the drive and what to export.
The file exported is MS Outlook Contacts.

Here is the problem. When I import to the 2nd PC all the contacts are duplicated and I have to delete the older contacts.
I must be doing something wrong. But what? Is it the "Comma Separated Values (Windows)
selection incorrect?

A:Solved: MS Outlook export & import problem

This is for Office 2003, but I'd assume all other versions have the same or similar setting:

On the Import a File dialog where you select the file to import, select:
Replace duplicates with items imported
instead of
Allow duplicates to be created

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ms-outlook-export-import-problem.829618/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,

I've got a problem, Ive a windows xp system german version, and a polish outlook 2003. MS Help says that due to the difference in the language/regional
options the Import/Eksport Option is grayed out.

Someone have a solution to that ?

A:Outlook 2003 import/export grayed out

What are you trying to Import/Export? If its your Address book, do a search for Addrbook.wab. Is there any way you can install a German Outlook as well?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30590/outlook-2003-importexport-grayed-out/
Relevancy 82.13%

Help please. Trying to import names and e mail addresses from am Excel spread sheet to my Outlook Contacts. I know the process File<Import <Excel find file etc however when I get to the stage I get a warning ' Cannot import Excel Translator not installed. Would you like to install it now?. Select Yes system searches for the files and then informs me they are not available.

I have XP Home and MS Office Pro 2003 with full package. I have tried checking Installed components from Add remove Programmes and gone round innumerable circles.

Searches on the MS sites have not revealed any answers either.

Is there an easy fix for this can anyone help please. Hope I am posting in the right area - could not see anything specific about Office or Excel Translators.
Thanks
David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/import-export-excel-to-outlook-2003.104602/
Relevancy 82.13%

In the file menu the Export and Import choice is gray, so I am not able to export my address book from there to Google. How can I recover the Export and Import and of course its wizard in Outlook 2003. I checked the Outlook files and there is no wizard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-export-and-import-wizard.898012/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello

I have just created a new Profile in Outlook as the previous one developed a corrupt folder.

How do I import/export my files without losing the attachments. I initially did it as export to windows.csv but the import couldn't read it. I then did it as dos.csv and the same thing. I then did it as excel.xls and it imported, but had lost the attachments and in some cases the body of the email.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Hgro

A:Solved: Outlook 2007 import\export

Outlook stores everything in a file with .pst as the extension. Search on your PC for this pst file and try to open it while logged in with the new profile.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-import-export.837113/
Relevancy 82.13%

Our sales department currently has to manage two contact lists, one in Excel and one in Outlook. When dealing with thousands of customers, you can see how this can get very time consuming so I'm trying to figure out a way to automate this process somewhat.

The difficulty of this arises because they have unique requirements for column headers so importing is time consuming, and matching data is very time consuming.

My question is, is there a way to export from Outlook to Excel and automatically create the columns (and unique column names), and when needed, import into Outlook automatically putting the data in the right fields.

We use Outlook 2003 in a Exchange server 2003 environment.

If anyone has any other idea's let me know.

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, everyone!

I'm importing my Outlook files to a new laptop and have my .pst files transferred. My question is, did this also transfer my Rules that I created on the old laptop, and did that transfer the email addresses that I had added to my Junk / Block list?

If not, can you tell me in laymen's terms how to accomplish that? In my job as an internet researcher and marketer, I get a TON of junk and would hate for these to start pouring into my inbox after spending countless accumulated hours clicking "Actions - Junk Mail - Add Sender to Blocked List"!!

Thanks so much!
Sara

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-import-export-of-rules-junk.967204/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all,
I am having trouble with trying to fix a problem with Outlook 2000. When I
try to import an excel file into Outlook I get a message to install the
import/export tool. When I choose "OK" I get a .msi error...can't find the
.msi file. When I go to the repair tool, I get the same error. I have
browsed my hd, and my MS Office Cd. I have also d/l and installed the latest
version of the windows installer. I have also gone to the MS website and
tried everything they say. Is anyone familiar with this and have a fix?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thx
Gary

A:Problem with Outlook 2000 import/export functions

Stick CD1 for Office in, use Add/Remove, choose Outlook (run all from my computer), and Office Tools (run all from my computer).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-outlook-2000-import-export-functions.52935/
Relevancy 81.27%

I decided to backup copy all my folders with messages in 6 (Folders) Express Outlook Messages Export-Import in Outlook Express I did a Google search and found numerous sites which gave specific instructions for doing this All including Microsoft were basically the same I exported to my desktop assuming everything would be in one folder but rather every folder was displayed separately I created a New Folder and dragged them Export-Import Messages (Folders) in Outlook Express 6 all into it I then opened OE Export-Import Messages (Folders) in Outlook Express 6 and found there were no messages at all there I then followed the suggested procedure for importing back to OE and the messages returned I then deleted the New Folder I had created on the desktop and re-opened OE All messages were gone again I was able to recover most of them not all by restoring from the Recycle Bin I have attempted several times to recover all the messages and restore OE to the exact state it was in before I started this process but could not I picked a date prior to beginning this and did a System Restore but it still left all the icons folders with messages on the desktop Every time I would attempt to import these back to OE I would loose more messages I have tried everything I can find information on but with no success I simply want to get as many of my messages and folders back to OE and removed from the desktop Can you help

A:Export-Import Messages (Folders) in Outlook Express 6

Please tell us...the exact steps you took...to import messages into the new message store.You know...you could simply have changed your message store...to that folder...and your email would have worked fine.It's not necessary to import messages into OE6...if you just change the message store location. I have all my old emails in folders labeled "2009 Emails", "2008 Emails" and so on and I do not use the default message store (which is in Documents and Settings).Inside Outlook Express - Files and Settings - The OE Store Folder - http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315754/export-import-messages-folders-in-outlook-express-6/
Relevancy 81.27%

Outlook ' Kerio Connector MS Exchange alternative The Kerio (hosted service) Import/Export PST Outlook oddities service is great My laptop my wife's laptop my wife's desktop and our iPhones remain totally up to date and sync'd Outlook PST Import/Export oddities (hosted service) over the air with all functions of our separate Outlook programs email contacts appointments tasks notes There's serious problem with a 'hosted service' I just came across--apparently a function of the system Previously maintaining Outlook locally if you goofed and deleted a task or a contact you could retrieve the form from Outlook's trash More importantly and to the point if you saved a task for example when you didn't intend to you could always go back to an earlier locally backed up PST file or image Not so with the Kerio service--Gone is gone The work around is to manually export the PST file from the server using the local Outlook File Export From what I'm told if you tell Kerio to work locally offline Kerio keeps all the 'pst' data in various Kerio files So the even though you're Exporting the PST file you do so online through your local Outlook when creates a local PST file from the Kerio servers So the my problem is with the apparent rigidity of Outlook's export function listed as follows Outlook's default export name is Backup pst On one of the screens you're asked whether to delete the existing something else and the one I thought would serve my purpose quot allow duplicate items to be created quot I would have thought that Outlook would create in the directory I created automatically filename differentiated manual periodic PST files Oddly Outlook appears to append the new export to the previous since there remains only file the same filename and twice the size My work around was to change the filename during the export process you are allowed to do so to one that informs of the date Why use the date Because once you create an exported PST file every time you open Outlook it looks for that exported file If the filename is kept as backup pst the date stamp changes to the current date and time of each instance of Outlook opening If you change the file name Outlook stops loading says it can't find the file opens an explorer window to the last directory location of a 'valid' export you 'cancel' and Outlook continues to open Questions A Is there no way to export the PST file using the Outlook default name 'Backup pst' and continue to do so with Outlook automatically altering the name etc' B Is there no way to stop Outlook from wanting to read or do whatever with your previously exported PST file when opening And why would it even want to--Outlook does not list it as a backup but merely an exported file C On another of the Outlook export screens you're queried to entered a password to enable future importing opening of the file I've attached a screenshot Where what is 'your' password list Mark

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/384017-outlook-pst-import-export-oddities-hosted-service.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I am trying to 'transfer' a contact group in Outlook Express from one computer to another. When I isolate the Contact Group and perform the 'Import' function, the process proceeds to import the entire address book, rather than the specific Contact Group.

Any help here?

Thanks.

polaris6

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23546/outlook-express-importexport-address-book/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,

Is there a way to export the mail accounts that are setup in an installation of Office 2003 so that they can be imported into another installation of Office 2003 on another computer?

I can export and import the emails using the *.pst file option but this does not seem to export/import the email account settings.

Rgds

A:Is There A Way To Export/Import Mail Accounts From Outlook 2003 ?

You can try using the Office 2003 Save My Settings wizard. If that doesn't save the account info (I'm not sure it does), then you'll have to look for a paid solution. It should be here: Start \ All Programs \ Microsoft Office \ Microsoft Office Tools \ Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/234294-there-way-export-import-mail-accounts-outlook-2003-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Got an Acer with Vista & Windows Mail -- my old Dell had XP Pro and Outlook. I had no problem backingup Outlook to a Seagate external and connecting it to the Acer .. but Windows Mail does not seem to import Outlook .. only Outlook Express. My wife's computer has Outlook Express .. so I thought I would email her my backup file and import it to Outlook Express and then back that up and email it back to me and import that to W Mail ... but the email will not transmit with the backup file attached "not enough memory" the backup is 1.5m.

My next strategy is to go into my old computer and edit folders or do a few partial backups so I get a small enough file(s) to attach to email.

Any other suggestions ...

thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148846/exportimport-contacts-from-outlook-to-windows-email/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a computer (A) with outlook 2002 & another computer (B) with microsoft mail (MM). Both computers are vista & i want to export from outlook & import to microsoft mail. I have sharing set up on my network & have exported my 'personal folder' from computer 'A' to 'B'. Now when I try to import in MM the message I get is 'No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open'.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/export-import-from-outlook-2002-to-windows-mail-349721.html
Relevancy 81.27%

First of all, I don't have Business Contact Manager installed in either computer. I am moving my Outlook 2007 Contacts from XP to Vista in the new computer. I used to know how to move my address book in Outlook Express, but I'm strictly a novice with Outlook. Please, can anyone help me?

Relevancy 81.27%

I just had an HDD failure, I have re-installed Win7, upgraded to Win10, and installed fresh Office 2016, and have been trying in vain to import existing pst files from previous Office 2010. Any ideas?
Do i need to un-install 2016, re-install 2007, and install 2016 as an upgrade?
Or, do some conversion first?
This is really badly covered by MS!

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/trying-import-old-pst-files-into-outlook-2016-a-276650/
Relevancy 80.41%

Can the email files on Windows XP with Outlook Express be imported to Windows 7.1 with Outlook 2016? I have copied the Outlook Express files to a flash drive. The files have a *.dbx extention.Thank you for any help, it will be appreciatedCoffeeBreak message edited by CoffeeBreak

A:Import email files to Outlook 2016

This site may be of help...http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/...

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/import-email-files-to-outlook-2016/20231.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I m in the process of building up a new desktop system in parallel with my current desktop system which is still being email Export to & Outlook & new GUI system settings 2010 Import acct. actively used until the new system is ready I m upgrading the new system to Windows Professional x from the Windows Home Premium x currently installed on the old active desktop system Other than Import & Export Outlook 2010 GUI & email acct. settings to new system that change I m re-installing and re-activating all the software from the old system onto the new system My question concerns Outlook Since Microsoft took away their simple email client Windows Mail I ve been forced to use Outlook for my personal home use Over time by hiding this function and re-arranging that I ve been able to simplify the Outlook GUI to a tolerable level for my personal home use Of course when I re-installed Office Professional Plus with Outlook on the new system all the useless for me bells and whistles are back and I have to also set up my email accounts all over again I know how to export and import all my email and Address Book data but is there any relatively simple way to export from the old system and import to the new system all the GUI and email account settings so Outlook will look and act exactly the same on the new system at first use without any tinkering

A:Import & Export Outlook 2010 GUI & email acct. settings to new system

Windows Mail came with Vista after Microsoft discontinued Outlook Express. On Win7 and Win8/8.1 I've had better success with Windows Live Mail, part of Windows Essentials, than with Outlook for most folks. An issue with one yesterday on Win8.1 and its Mail was that for ease it worked best to have a Microsoft account such as Hotmail.com or Outlook.com so I removed that tile and setup Windows Live Mail to use with his local ISP account. Now if you are confused by names, join the crowd, Microsoft seems to love confusing us like they did with Works and Works Suite.
Windows Essentials - Download Windows Live Essentials
You can choose not to install all of the applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/349730-import-export-outlook-2010-gui-email-acct-settings-new-system.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello

I am having trouble trying to find the best way to do this.

On one laptop I am using Outlook 2007 on Windows XP Professional and need to get the emails and contacts from here to my new laptop which is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, which uses Windows Live Mail.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks very much

Sophi

A:How do I import/export emails from Outlook 2007 to Windows Live Mail?

Hi sophi, welcome to 7F!

Have you already tried, what did you run into?
EDIT:

Found this link that offers two solutions: https://social.technet.microsoft.com...ve-mail-client

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/300632-how-do-i-import-export-emails-outlook-2007-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
OK I have read many threads and posts about the solution "ZeroConfigExchange". But it does'nt work for my Windows 10 clients.

Windows 10 x64Office 2016Office 365 / Azure AD accountsClient computer is join with Azure AD so the users login with Office 365 accountsNo On-promise AD, only Azure ADAutoDiscover and modern authentication works with sharepoint and Outlook 2016Dword "ZeroConfigExchange" = 1 is created in both regkeys for all users
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover
Problem
When I start Outlook 2016 for first time users it still prompts the "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard where I have to create a profile.

What am I doing wrong?
Best regards

A:Outlook 2016 skip "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard

It will be best for you if you ask this question in a forum dedicated solely to MS Office Outlook 2016.
I recommend that you use this forum :
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...=1460639513346

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/47269-outlook-2016-skip-welcome-outlook-2016-setup-wizard.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I'm trying to help a friend who has just installed Office on her computer Windows Outlook to 10 Calendar 2016? Export Mail and for from calendar which was recently upgraded from Win to Win She's been using Outlook com and has accumulated a fair amount of email contacts and calendar appointments I've managed to get her email to show Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016? up by adding it to Outlook as a POP account I was able to import her contacts into Outlook from a file called OutlookContacts csv Now I'm trying to get her calendar with all its many calendars and appointments into Outlook I'm not sure why but Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016? the appointments all show up just fine in Mail and Calendar for Windows even though we did nothing to put them there as far as we know But she'd like them to appear when she clicks on the Calendar in Outlook and Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016? I can't find any information on how to do that I've also looked for some kind of Export function in the Mail and Calendar for Windows app but I came up empty How do I get her calendar into Outlook I can't be the only one who finds Microsoft awful at documenting this kind of basic functionality Millions of people must have tried to do the same thing before me but if there's any information out there on how to do this it has eluded me so far

A:Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?

You can manually export calendars from Outlook.com using a round-a-bout method I posted at this link. However, I don't think that's going to help you because what you really want to do is set up Outlook 2016 so that her email, calendar and contacts sync with (and stay in sync with) her Outlook.com account.

Therefore, instead of setting email up as a POP account and then importing calendar, contacts, etc. separately, why not just setup Outlook 2016 to work with her Outlook.com account? I haven't done it with Outlook 2016, only older Outlook versions that used Hotmail Connector, however the following instructions for Outlook 2016 seem fairly straight forward.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...7-76d60b148b23
If she has two-factor authentication switched on for her Outlook.com account, then you may need to generate an app password from her Outlook.com account, and use that as the password instead of the actual Microsoft Account password.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...p-verification

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/42300-export-calendar-mail-calendar-windows-10-outlook-2016-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Having problems exporting my comcast address book to windows live mail address book, can anyone help?

Also tyied exporting address book from plaxo without success, please help!

A:import/export

For reasons I don't entirely understand, import/export to and from email programs is pretty much in the stone age. It just has not improved much over the years.

It rarely works without errors or omissions. In my experience, address books are particularly difficult. You might have to re-enter your addresses by hand if you have them in some form where you can at least read them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/159198-import-export.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I have been searching for months how to do it, but so far I have found nothing.
I just need to know, how to export/import GPO, so I can use it after a clean instal.
I have a security template, but I do not know to create and export a GPO template.
I have found "Windows Vista Security Guide", but I do not know, what to do with it.
If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. Thanks forward for any help.

A:How to export/import GPO?

Government Printing Office?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-export-import-gpo.534214/
Relevancy 66.22%

I need to merge palm and blackberry with outlook.

A:Import Export

Hi fc1968

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

I don't use a palm or blackberry, but I think you probably want to Synchronize those with Outlook.

Here is a link for tools you can use:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm#palmpilot

You might also check the Help files for Synchronize in those items.

Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-export.364756/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a PC, She has a Mac
I have Outlook, She has outlook express
She has a directory I need to use.
We have tried it every way but loose.
I made a folder under Contacts
I highlighted it
I pulled down file and then Import/export
The window asked me to browse and find the file
that I saved on my desktop from her attached email she sent.
I then chose import from another file which is a .pst
and it didn't work
If I choose internal mail and addresses it takes some old
emails from my hard drive and redeposits it to my Inbox, not contact. I want contacts that are saved in a file on my desktop.

when it loaded in my inbox it didn't give me an option to find the file I was loading.

If I send you the file and you try it we could see how it is working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-export-pst-fm-mac-to-pc.166977/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have my desktop Windows XP and laptop Windows 7 on a home network. How do I go about exporting pictures from the desktop to the laptop? What buttons do I push?

A:Export/import pictures

I think I may have a clue as to what to do. How do I make My Pictures a shared document?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/export-import-pictures-520472.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is an import export utility for connection strings in Oracle 10 or 11?

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oracle-import-export.842000/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have tried copying favorites from one pc to my laptop, both are running on Vista and explorer 8. I followed all instructions to export on to a removable disc and then import on to laptop. The favorites show up on laptop in the favorites, but when i click on the folder it opens a complete web page instead of the dropdown list as normal! The folder saved as bookmark.htm as default. What am i doing wrong? Help please!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/help-cant-export-import-favorites-416821.html
Relevancy 65.79%

import export pst fm Mac to PC - - PM report quote edit I have a PC to from a PC MAC .pst file export/import She export/import from MAC to PC a .pst file has a Mac I have Outlook She has outlook express She has a directory I need to use We have tried it every way but loose I made a folder under Contacts I highlighted it I pulled down file and then Import export The window asked me to browse and find the file that I saved on my desktop from her attached email she sent I then chose import from another file which is a pst and it didn t work If I choose internal mail and addresses it takes some old emails from my hard drive and redeposits it to my Inbox not contact I want contacts that are saved in a file on my desktop when it loaded in my inbox it didn t give me an option to find the file I was loading If I send you the file and you try it we could see how it is working nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Is there a way to import or export IE settings so that I can compare my settings with those of my colleague?

I have a web application that lets users click on a link to view a zipped folder, which resides in a database. My colleague clicks the link and he is taken to another page, where a Save As dialog appears, allowing his to open or save the zipped folder, or cancel the action. However, when I try it, the new page opens briefly, then closes again without showing the dialog.

I need to know what settings are different without having to go through each setting one by one.

A:Import export IE settings

The only "Settings" you can import or export are Cookies, Favorites and Feeds. You could take screen shots of your settings but you'll need quite a few such as 2-3 just for "Advanced".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/import-export-ie-settings-580323.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I had to perform a system recovery on my laptop so I exported all my email to my external hard drive. I certainly selected the option to export ALL files. Having set up the laptop again I went to import my emails back and there are only a handful there. What happened to the other hundreds? I presume they are lost forever unless someone can suggest a lifeline. I suppose I should have checked the exported files before I wiped the laptop.

I've seen a few threads discussing similar problems. Why does the export function not work properly?

regards
Peter

A:WLM export/import problem

HI Peter, welcome to Seven Forums.
Their is no real reason to import mails. See last part of this Never Lose Emails.docx

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/257317-wlm-export-import-problem.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello guys

I searched on google about how to save contacts from MSN and import them into another MSN account, but all answers saying to follow from main list:

1. contact > export contacts .. but i did not see any export or import under "contacts" in the main windw of MSN, is there any other option to export and import msn contacts?

many thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-export-import-msn-contacts.976875/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey,
I have config on IE11, which I want to export bookmarks, cookies, addons and *Internet Options > Advanced options*. We have few computers running IE11 and I want to set exact same config on these. Im looking for a solution program that allows me to do
it.
I'm sorry for my bad english, I hope you'll understand what I mean.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2afea00a-3c85-4870-97bb-b1b7336b12a6/exportimport-all-ie-config?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello

I am looking for either export and import tools for active directory or perhaps backup and restore. I need to uninstall AD due to some corruption, but do not want to wipe off countless of users and groups.

Can anyone suggest a few?

A:AD export and import or backup tools

Try this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f86937b-533a-466d-a8e8-aff85ad3d212&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ad-export-and-import-or-backup-tools.742228/
Relevancy 64.93%

How to export Non-Administrators Local Group Policy and import on another PC?

All articles for exporting local GPO say to copy the C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy and C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicyUsers folder to another PC however that only works for changes done to the "Local Computer" or "User" (if you
alter the SIDs to match), respectively. It doesn't work to import Non-Admin Local GPO.
There are several requests for this you can find when searching and no solutions provided.

A:How to Export Non-Administrators Local GPO for import on a different PC

I'll have to test with that. However, I did manage to make it work on my own.
What I found is that this Non-Administrator's GPO is saved in the c:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicyUsers\S-1-5-32-545 folder but the S-1-5-32-545 folder doesn't always seem to generate automatically (yes, I had viewing hidden and system files enabled).

An easy way to force the folder to appear is to go to the Windows Settings\Scripts\Logon policy of the non-admin GPO and select to add a script. Then click the Show Files button at the bottom of the Logon Properties window.
A folder named S-1-5-32-545 will appear with a User folder in it and a registry.pol file in it. Copy the entire SID folder to the new PC.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d061d7e-275a-44df-a3f3-3d92378316af/how-to-export-nonadministrators-local-gpo-for-import-on-a-different-pc?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there

I am currently working on a project which involves using an ident which I have created within After Effects. However, when I go to import this ident video file back into After Effects again, it says that the file format is not supported.

I have tried exporting the ident again in a AVI format but this only displays a grey box. Why can After Effects export mpeg4 files just fine but then not be able to import them back in? Is there a workaround or update which I am missing which fixes this "problem"?

Cheers

Andrew.

A:After Effects CS3 - Can export MP4 files but not import??

Differing support for import formats vs. export formats is quite common for a couple of reasons. Wisely you went to avi but was it DV-AVI? Other codecs used in avi production may also not be compatible for re-importing but DV should be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-effects-cs3-can-export-mp4-files-but-not-import.760279/
Relevancy 64.93%

I just setup a bdc for my network. I am trying to get the login scripts to replicate from the pdc to the bdc but it is not doing so.

On the PDC, under Control Panel/Server/Replication
I have it set to export directories from C:\WINNT\System32\Repl\Export to the bdc.

On the BDC, under the same as above.
I have it set to import directories from C:\WINNT\System32\Repl\Export from the pdc.

Any suggestions why this isnt working????

A:import/export replication for windows nt4

Rainman50 said:

I just setup a bdc for my network. I am trying to get the login scripts to replicate from the pdc to the bdc but it is not doing so.

On the PDC, under Control Panel/Server/Replication
I have it set to export directories from C:\WINNT\System32\Repl\Export to the bdc.

On the BDC, under the same as above.
I have it set to import directories from C:\WINNT\System32\Repl\Export from the pdc.

Any suggestions why this isnt working????Click to expand...

Hey Rainman,

Is there a folder on the PDC in C:\WINNT\System32\Repl\Export called "Scripts"?

If the path name is incorrect then that could be causing a failure to replicate.

Otherwise, is there a specific error you're receiving?

Columbo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-export-replication-for-windows-nt4.422545/
Relevancy 64.93%

Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method.

This method was designed by egray and made into a tutorial by Brink.

Thanks !

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/62549-import-export-edge-favorites.html
Relevancy 64.93%

To import and export address book files seems easy once you have a black import/export command available.

Whilst it is grey - nothing happens! Any clues as to what I have done wrong?

Having had a crash on Microsoft Outlook and repaired std file and opened new files I now have a new address book folder with 10 names. I would like to import the previous large one to join the 2 address books together to avoid having to type them all in again to make easily available the names I had in the old address book.

Am I making this any clearer?

Alan

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Everyone,
I have been facing a problem since last two days, actually i want to import some data from a file (file can be csv, txt, sql, xls etc) and after some filtration, export it into csv file. Basically i want to know whether a tool which provides an environment to import and export of different types of file or data and where we can perform filtration of data with the help of sql query and then data could be save into file(file can be csv, txt, sql, xls etc).

Please give me your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance!!

A:How to import and export data from file?

We need more details. Can you provide an example of the type of data that you may receive and how it is filtered?

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-import-and-export-data-from-file.1030860/
Relevancy 64.93%

Does anyone know how to (if it's even possible) to import data into Excel (into proper fields - name, address, city etc.) from a Word mailing label template? I'm using Office XP and have a large Word file I would like to get to Excel...

Thanks!

Relevancy 64.93%

Assume I want to backup (for later restore or for import on another Win 7 computer) all the current Win 7 firewall rules.

How do I do this?

Where are they stored?

In Registry or in a file?

Peter

A:Export (and import) firewall rules?

Hi:

Disclaimer: I do not personally use Windows Firewall....

...but perhaps this tutorial might have some helpful advice:

Windows Firewall Settings - Backup and Restore
(There does not seem to be a tutorial for this here at sevenforums, but the associated link takes me to the one at eightforums.com. So I assume this also works for Win7.)

A quick Google search turns up several other, similar tutorials at other computer fora.

Hope this helps,
MM

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/401228-export-import-firewall-rules.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Does anyone know if you can export the registry entry for a specific program and then import it to another registry? That is if you are sitting at HKEY_CURRENT_USER-->software-->s/w mfg name-->prog name and you do an export, do you export the entire registry or just the entry for that program? I'm trying to move licensing for a program that went unsupported by it's maker to another image of XP. Probably not gonna work since you can only import from File in the tool bar and it probably would not know where to stick the item. Any thoughts on how to do this beyond manually entering the data entrys with mile long REG_BINARY strings. I'm not trying to be sneeky. The s/w vendor has abandoned the site and emails/ph calls go unanswered. Support = 0.00

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello guys

I was searching about how to save my MSN contact list and import it into another MSN account.
all the options I found from google search saying that to go to the main list of MSN and "contact" and click "save contact list" but this option does not exist there all.. I have checked all other icon tools I did not see any of the options that lead to save/export contact list and how to import it again,

is there any solution for this issue?
will appreciate your kind assistance

best regards

Relevancy 64.93%

Hey Now I've tried to import my custom emoticons from MSN Live Messenger so many times that I've given up and now I need some help I've gotten a new email and just want my custom emoticons to the new email but it's not that easy as Custom MSN Emoticons Import/export I've read I have Vista Home Premium just to start out I do know where you find the emoticons Local Disc - gt Users - gt my user - gt AppData - gt Local - gt Microsoft - gt Messenger - gt my email Import/export MSN Custom Emoticons - gt Object Store - gt CustomEmoticons I looked at an answer in here and several other places where you are told to copy Import/export MSN Custom Emoticons the CustomEmoticons into the same folder just in the new email's folder I did that and it didn't work at all The wierd thing is just if you try to add a custom emoticon Import/export MSN Custom Emoticons and uses a name from one of the custom emoticons I've tried to export it says that the name is already in use You know like it actually is there but you can't see it I'm really desperate I've tried so many import export programmes with no result and I simply refuse to transfer more than emoticons manually like I've done so many times before Hope anyone can answer Sincerly BM

http://www.vistax64.com/software/267295-import-export-msn-custom-emoticons.html
Relevancy 64.93%

How do I take a Group Contact list and create a new database all for itself without having to re-enter each contact in the Group?

A:Act 2000 data import/export

Hiya and welcome

Not sure if this is what you're after, but have a look at this:

http://www.act.com/support/databaseservices/customaddons/

mostly, this one:

http://itdomino.act.com/act.nsf/docid/200111883044

Doesn't seem to mention 2000, only 6.0.

Is it on Windows 2000?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/act-2000-data-import-export.162851/
Relevancy 64.93%

Unable to connect to POP3/SMTP servers - redirect to MSN shows MSN down as well

I can log into Hotmail on the net just fine though and it appears it is receiving my test emails - no Changes made to server info in Thunderbird

Anyone using Hotmail with Thunderbird or, MS Live Mail, or 3rd part email apps having problems as well?

A:So Hotmail won't import/export through Thunderbird - MSN down as well

Quote: Originally Posted by mr pc

Unable to connect to POP3/SMTP servers - redirect to MSN shows MSN down as well...

Are you sure you have the account set up properly? Hotmail uses a strange protocol (http) instead of pop3, although some of us old timers were given pop3 access for our email programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/134464-so-hotmail-wont-import-export-through-thunderbird-msn-down-well.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I want to move some Window Mail emails between computers I can export them fine selecting quot MS Windows Mail quot format and they are saved to the destination directory with what appear to be hexadecimal Problem Mail Windows Export/Import file names with eml extension If I move the files to the other PC on a flash drive and click on one of them it opens perfectly in Windows Mail Here's the problem when I try Windows Mail Export/Import Problem to import the messages from the flash drive using File Import Messages select quot MS Windows Mail quot format or quot MS Outlook Express quot options and navigate to the directory containing the eml files I get a quot No items match your search quot in the import browse window I've tried the MS Exchange and MS Outlook format options but they error out I did note that the export format option reads quot MS Windows Mail quot while the import format option reads quot Windows Mail quot Not sure if that's the issue Anyone have any ideas why the import function can't see the eml files Thanks

A:Windows Mail Export/Import Problem

Hello NuToVista,

This may be able to help you do this. Please post back with any questions you have about it.

Windows Mail - Messages

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/225087-windows-mail-export-import-problem.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Is there any way to increase the limitation of the amount of data can be exported from Acces?. Also how can i increase the autonumber field limitation?. Presently its set to be approx. 9600 for autonumber data and 16000 for export of data.

A:Export Import Data Limit in MS Access

Export to . . . what?
Make sure you're using the correct version to export to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-import-data-limit-in-ms-access.129818/
Relevancy 64.07%

Is there any method to create a Windows Sound Schema file, export it, and then import it on a different computer? I do not want to go thru the process of updating many computers with the same sound schema one sound event at a time.

I went into Control Panel|Sounds and Audio Devices. I then created a new Windows Sounds Scheme. I thought that I could find the Windows Sound Scheme file, but I could not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-import-windows-xp-sound-schemas.625239/
Relevancy 64.07%

I also have same problem, please help.
Here's the problem: when I try to import the messages from the flash drive using File/Import/Messages, select "MS Windows Mail 7" format and navigate to the directory containing the .eml files, I get a "No items match your search" in the import browse window.
I did note that the export format option reads "MS Windows Mail" while the import format option reads "Windows Mail 7". Not sure if that's the issue.

I don't know where I am doing wrong. I checked your document also but I didn't get it. Please help.

A:Windows Mail Export/Import Problem

Hello Robin, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Importing the messages can be tricky. Copy the exported folder to your desktop instead, then try selecting the folder to importing them.

Depending on how many messages (.eml files) you have, you could also just drag and drop the .eml files into your Inbox in Windows Mail to add them back.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/299348-windows-mail-export-import-problem.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I recently installed a second larger hard drive in my Dell PC running WinXP, SP3, and now would like to export/import email messages from the original hard drive to the new one. I successfully did an export/import with the Addressbook, but the emails are less straightforward. Both HDs have OE installed.

A:Procedure to export/import email messages.

Here's the "right" way:
How to back up and to restore Outlook Express data

There are manual ways of doing it, but they are risky and time-consuming.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/procedure-to-export-import-email-messages-669871.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to import files. FAVORITES, CALENDARS, CONTACTS, etc. I keep getting an error message that says "Microsoft Office Outlook cannot start the required translator. The feature is not currently installed. Would you look to install it now?" I select "yes" and then I receive the message "Microsoft Office Outlook cannot start the required translator. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot install the necessary files due to Microsoft Installer error 1635." The happens with CSv files as well as excel files. I have the same problem in Explorer with Htm files.
Help

A:IMPORT EXPORT OFFICE 2003 in VISTA

Hiya

See if this helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829985/en-us?spid=2520&sid=50

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-export-office-2003-in-vista.634799/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi. I have an Acer Extensa 5220. I reformatted my comp today as the hard drive was almost full, but I made sure to back up all my emails. I use Windows Mail with several folders. I exported them all onto a hard drive in a folder with today's date. There were 5 inbox folders in all, 1 sent, and 1 draft. However when importing them back, one of the inbox folders has an error. It shows all the correct senders/time/date etc. but when I go into the content of the email, they all show the same content. Very grateful if anyone can advise if they have seen this issue before, and can possibly offer help or suggestions as there's some important emails I need to get back if at all possible. Thank you.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/303965-windows-mail-import-export-problem.html
Relevancy 64.07%

When I try to import or export items to or from Microsoft Access 97 I am receiving this errer: "Could not find installable ISAM." Any suggestions?
Thanks!

A:Microsoft Access Import/Export Error

See if this helps

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;209805&Product=acc2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-access-import-export-error.236782/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi New Member here posting his first question, can you help please?

I wish to transfer the messages in my WLMail on my pc to my WLMail on my laptop.

I have already set up my email accounts on my laptop so just need advice on how to get the messages across.

Thank you in advance.

A:Windows Live Mail Export/Import

Windows Mail has an "export" function and you can save the file to Desktop, transfer to USB drive or CD/DVD and then "import" that file to the other computer.

This will work for Contacts and Mail, but I've not been able to get the Message Rules to transfer over easily.

However, I DID find the registry entries where the Message Rules are stored and I transfered those over, but WM ran VERY buggy afterwards, and I would not recommend trying it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-export-import-221627.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am very pissed off riight now,

I backed my mother's stuff off to a thumb drive

BLUE BUTTON ( this this pc is win 7 )

export >> messages

then I went to her new pc with XP:

I clicked File > Import > Windows Live Mail Msgs

pointed it to the thumb drive

BOOM nothing I backed up showed up in WLM for XP

I had all of her emails stored up under her account and it didnt take why is that?

Where are emails suppose to be saved?

Thanks,
Christopher

A:Windows 7 live mail export to import to XP WLM

Quote: Originally Posted by CWM880

...Where are emails suppose to be saved?...

If you exported them to the thumb drive using the export option and then import them with the import option it should work. (I admit I haven't tried moving emails from the 2011 version on Windows 7 to the 2009 version on XP.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/188887-windows-7-live-mail-export-import-xp-wlm.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am moving into a new system. How do I transfer all my settings in Task Manager to the new system. I hope I am wrong but I see an option to export entry them one at a time. I have 25 of them, all tediously set the way I want them

Is there not a way to do export/import them all as a single transfer?

A:How do I Import/Export Task Manager settings all in one swoop?

Did you mean to say Task Manager? Or do you mean Task Scheduler? Well, I have found a method to export all, but not import. And I have found a method to import them all at once if you export them one by one. Have a look.

How to Backup Scheduled Tasks in Windows

How to Import (Restore) All Tasks in Bulk Using Task Scheduler in Windows?

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/240257-how-do-i-import-export-task-manager-settings-all-one-swoop.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all. - I'll keep it simple. - Neighbors laptop- Win 7 64 bit.  - Trying to IMPORT contacts from Microsoft Office Outlook into the Microsoft "contacts" folder under the user account on the C drive. - Have already converted the Outlook contacts to .CSV file. - Whe I click "import" tab in the contacts folder, I get the quick blue circle and then nothing. - Clicked 'export' for the hell of it and it does the same. - Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520225/importexport-not-working-in-windows-contacts-folder/
Relevancy 63.64%

greetings,
exporting my address book to my other computer and the folders did not copy over plus all contacts were relisted in the main identity folder. why doesnt the address book import exactly the way it was when it was exported?
bob

A:import and export outllok express address book

Possibly??

Why can't I import a *.wab file from another computer?
Starting with version 5.01, the Windows Address Book (WAB) changed significantly to provide support for Unicode, an international standard character set, despite the fact that this broke backwards compatibility with earlier versions of the WAB. If you open a *.wab file under OE5.01 or later, the file is automatically converted to support Unicode and so can no longer be read by OE5.0, the version that shipped with the original Windows98. If you uninstall OE5.01 or OE5.5 and then reinstall Win98, your WAB will be inaccessible. Upgrading to at least version 5.01 will allow you to access the WAB again. If that is not possible or desirable, you will have to copy your *.wab file to a machine running 5.01 or higher and export your contacts to a text file of type *.csv (comma separated values). You can then import that file into the OE5.0 WAB.

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-a=00022c54-sp00000000&sp-f=iso-8859-1&sp-q=export+import

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-and-export-outllok-express-address-book.86161/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello everyone I'm currently working on and Export import them center settings in Action another script via pc a scripting form project in vb net i made some scripts which edit my computer settings in regedit to configurate new computer within a few clicks instead of surfing through the whole settings and changing them manually I've found a solution for pretty much every windows setings the only one that i still miss is Export Action center settings and import them in another pc via script the Action center settings quot security messages quot filter I need to do a script to deactivate all the warnings in a fresh installed windows i've found the keys in the registry with Process Monitor and i exported the reg key and i have then converted it in a batch file with a software The code that works only for my computer looks like this Bat Workstation Batch Workstation code - Pastebin com Reg Workstation REG Workstation Reg - Pastebin com all checks off - Workstation bat all checks off - workstation reg On my computer this code works perfectly so i thought i was finished BUT I tried the same code on another computer and on a laptop but the code doesn't work at all so i took the laptop and i did another scan with Process Monitor and i did exactly the same thing and here is how the code working for the laptop looks like Bat laptop Batch Notebook - Pastebin com Reg Laptop REG notebook - reg - Pastebin com all checks off - Laptop bat all checks off - Laptop reg i've also attached the reg version of the codes in this thread I did a very short analysis and i discovered that the key names the GUID the reg path are all exactly the same the only thing that doesn't match is the REG BINARY value Which is different for every Computer i've tested I've tried already to run the reg file directly on another machine but the result is the same and if you're wondering yes i killed and reopened explorer exe and i've also tried to restart the computer but without any result I also tried do figure out how to read the HEX code trying to interpretate it so i could make a script that quot translates quot some text in HEX and makes a compatible key for the target pc but all i found translating the hex code was more or less looking like this i think that explains my struggle enough Now the question is How can i made a script that adapts itself dynamically to every machine i lauch the script on or is there a way to edit these settings without exporting Registry key i've found a solution for the past scripts i've made and they works pretty much all the same except some special ones thsi is the only one that makes me struggle i hope that someone can really help me with this because i'm litteraly becoming CRAZY thank you team

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399550-export-action-center-settings-import-them-another-pc-via-script.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all. - I'll keep it simple. - Neighbors laptop- Win 7 64 bit. - Trying to IMPORT contacts from Microsoft Office Outlook into the Microsoft "contacts" folder under the user account on the C drive. - Have already converted the Outlook contacts to .CSV file. - Whe I click "import" tab in the contacts folder, I get the quick blue circle and then nothing. - Clicked 'export' for the hell of it and it does the same. - Any ideas?

A:Import/Export not working in windows 'contacts' folder.

Hi, have a read through this:-

How to Import Contacts Into and Export Contacts From the Windows Contacts Folder

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/import-export-not-working-in-windows-contacts-folder-778986.html
Relevancy 62.78%

If I try to import messages into Outlook Express, I receive the following error message:
Messages can not be imported from the MAPI client. An error has occurred.

If i try to export messages from Outlook Express, i receive the following error message:
The Export could not be performed. An error occurred while initializing MAPI.

anybody knows the solution to the my problem?

A:MAPI error message when import or export messages in Outlo

Hello jeremybryan279 and Welcome to PCHF

There is a whole page on Microsoft about the issue you face, read it here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179637

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/126722-mapi-error-message-when-import-export-messages-outlo.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently was having trouble with my Windows Mail so I Exported all my files to a Windows Mail folder I created in My Documents. I have a dual core 64 bit HP PC with a VISTA HOME Pro OS. I use Google Chrome as my browser. The email files were exported in the format ".eml" (I was not given any choice). Later, when I tried to bring them back Windows Mail Import only looks for "Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Outlook Express 6 or Windows Mail 7" so sees no files to import. This makaes no sense , to export in one format and import in another. Is there any way I can change the format of the files so I can import them? Thanks for any help.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/304254-windows-mail-import-export-file-formats-not-compatible.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I am currently replacing my old computer with a new one and part of that process is to transfer all of my email messages from my old computer to the new one I use Windows Live Mail for my mail program I went to the Microsoft web site and looked at the Help instructions for Exporting and Importing messages and found it to be very straightforward I created an empty folder on USB drive and then proceeded to run the Export procedure This involved selecting Live Problem with Mail. in Export/Import Messages Windows a destination folder Problem with Export/Import Messages in Windows Live Mail. for the exported files and selecting which folders to include in the export operation Under my primary email address I have subfolders in addition to the usual Inbox Sent Items Deleted Items etc On the screen where I was asked what format I wanted to use I selected Windows Live Mail Format On the screen where I am asked which folders that I wanted to Export I selected All Folders Then I clicked Next and received a message that the folders had been exported successfully I then took the USB drive to the new computer started Windows Live Mail and then attempted to do the Import operation I chose to import all folders and then initiated the Import I got a message that the Import was successful At the bottom of the account list was a folder that was titled Imported Folders When I opened it the only thing that was shown was the Inbox and Deleted Items subfolder and also the Outbox folder None of the other folders that I chose to back up were there Also the Inbox folder was empty I deleted the files on the USB drive and then tried another Export operation from the old computer this time selecting all of the folders manually but when I did the Import operation on the new computer I got the same results It appears that Windows Live on my old computer isn't really Exporting anything except a couple of folder names I seem to remember doing this Export Import operation in the past without any difficulty Does anyone have any idea why the Export operation is failing to work properly Thanks in advance P S I was able to Export Import all of my Contacts without any problem using the procedure outlined on the Microsoft site I finally solved this problem by forwarding all of my emails from the old computer to the new one Took a little time but it seemed to be the only way to get this issue resolved I'm just glad that I didn't have emails that I wanted to save LOL

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596886/problem-with-exportimport-messages-in-windows-live-mail/
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm going to buy a new license of one of these product, so any suggest please?
I have used Bitdefender, Avast, Kaspersky ( about 3 years ago), I haven't used Norton and Trend Micro.

A:KIS 2016 vs NIS 2016 vs BIS 2016 vs Avast IS 2016 vs Trend Micro IS 2016

Out of all these,and your prerequisites,I would go with Kaspersky!
PS:This is from personal experience,and other members may have varying opinions!!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/kis-2016-vs-nis-2016-vs-bis-2016-vs-avast-is-2016-vs-trend-micro-is-2016.56405/
Relevancy 57.62%

"Patch Tuesday" broke our install of Outlook 365. It was working fine on Monday and on Tuesday it was hanging on "Processing." So I restored back to the last restore point before the update and it worked great after that. Yesterday it re-installed the updates, and again Outlook didn't load. Restoring again today "fixed" it. Now it wants to update again, so I will disable updates until the problem is fixed. I don't know which particular "patch" is causing the problem; there were about 22 of them that installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/391363-outlook-2016-hangs-processing-after-windows-7-update-feb-9-2016-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

CHROME import export bookmarks cant get my HTML saved back CHROME saved bookmarks, my cant get import/export HTML bookmarks bookmarks back into Chrome Import export bookmarks cant get my HTML saved bookmarks back into Chrome I used to use Internet explorer then Firefox and now Chrome as my default browser I had to do a updated computer rebuild and before doing so i saved my bookmarks as a HTML file on an external hard drive After I set up the new computer and dragged this HTML file of my over bookmarks onto my new desktop CHROME import/export bookmarks, cant get my HTML saved bookmarks back I went to BOOKMARKS BOOKMARK MANAGER THEN quot IMPORT FROM ANOTHER BROWSER quot abut all the only choices are for ANOTHER BROWSER NOT from any file on the computer I first tried to import this file into internet Explorer but that interface seems to also have changed and it seems whenever I click on the quot IE' logo on the task bar something like YAHOO or MSN pops up instead what happened to the original internet explorer and all of its tools YES I can see the tools or setting or Internet options on the right of each of these sites but HOW CAN I GET MY FAV BOOKMARKS HTML FILE BACK INTO CHROME AGAIN Any Help Version m

A:CHROME import/export bookmarks, cant get my HTML saved bookmarks back

Hi I'm kind of confused,
Chrome is much like but not exactly the same as Google toolbar,
Simply signing in would make Google or Chrome bookmarks available,
That is what Google does,
It stores everything on it's servers,
So the basic question is are you signed into Chrome ?
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/327265-chrome-import-export-bookmarks-cant-get-my.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am attempting to find add-ons for Outlook 2010. This is what I need the add-on to do:
Export an email from Outlook onto our server, and into a job folder.
Save file with date email was received, not exported out of Outlook, and subject line.
Thanks

A:Outlook 2010/export emails from outlook to CSV folder with received date and subject

Why not drag and drop the email to the file system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-export-emails-from-outlook-to-csv-folder-with-received-date-and-subject.1043231/
Relevancy 56.33%

On my windows XP machine, I created a registry export file and verified the contents.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Hamlog]
    (no content)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Hamlog\ToolTips]
   (long delimited string - 1059 lines, 49000+ total characters)

On my windows 7 machine, I imported the registry file and the system responded that the restore was successful.
However, the registry was *not* updated

My only recourse would be to write an application that processes the .reg file and xfrs data to the registry via "Save" operation.
But rewriting my own replacement for the Registry Import code seems ridiculous.
Thanks

ftbrady

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4657236b-7472-4cae-8455-4957effc8e47/windows-7-registry-import-from-xp-registry-export-file?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.9%

Now! ESET has just released their newest security suite: ESET Smart Security 9 (2016 Edition). These products are on the top of security suites which are produced by giants on security companies. Most of them released 2016 editions of their products. I want to compare on their newest products with new features (such as on ESET: Banking Protection, Bitdefender: Ransomware Protection and new Firewall, etc...) and some enhanced features.

And now, which is your choose for your security? Please let me know your opinion!

A:Battle: Kaspersky IS 2016 vs ESET Smart Security 2016 vs Bitdefender IS 2016 vs Emsisoft IS 10

its hard choice choose between Eset,Kaspersky and Emsisoft.
in fact i never test Eset 2016, but i tested kaspersky and Emsisoft, Kaspersky 2016 really go lighter than Emsisoft(now i am Emsisoft useres)
by your budget and your interest u can choose Emsisoft or kaspersky.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/battle-kaspersky-is-2016-vs-eset-smart-security-2016-vs-bitdefender-is-2016-vs-emsisoft-is-10.52135/
Relevancy 55.9%

open for help and suggestions thanks

A:Tricksters security setup 2016

Nice configuration, why not try windows firewall.
avast! new user interface is annoying, there are always promoting there high end product and there new system tuning feature which is something i believe is worthless.
A security company should concentrate on the new security technologies instead of wasting time on system tuning, but i would surely say there is no good free alternative of avast.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/tricksters-security-setup-2016.61786/
Relevancy 55.9%

This is my config for 2016

Forgot to add: I also use DNSCrypt Proxy with DNSSEC

and as for Data backups, I meant to put PEA + Keyfile + Cloud

A:Tyrizian's 2016 security setup

Good setup

https://malwaretips.com/threads/tyrizians-2016-security-setup.60052/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've searched the forum and it seems my need is a little different than the posts which have already been made I have XP Express Outlook Outlook Export into 2007 Windows 7? an old XP laptop Export Outlook Express XP into Outlook 2007 Windows 7? which I was using Outlook Express for one of my mail accounts a work account I also ran regular Outlook for another personal I want to have both of these accounts on my new PC My new PC is running Windows wiht Office I used the Windows transfer cable and things worked failry well My regular Outlook files all came over well but nothing for Outlook Express I really would like to take this time to somehow export my OE files into my Outlook I would really like to keep the account which imported in on Outlook seperate Question Is there a way to import my OE files into Outlook Question Is there a way to have two seperate email accounts in Outlook without combining them Basically I want to have a work email and a personal and keep them seperate If I can't have two seperate emails with Outlook can anyone suggest something which would allow me to export my old Outlook the old personal emails into another program so that I can at least use my work email on Outlook Hopefully this isn't too confusing

A:Export Outlook Express XP into Outlook 2007 Windows 7?

If it's possible then I suspect it's far more likely you'd do it using an import feature in Outlook 2007 as opposed to an export feature in OE6, and I doubt the change of operating system really has much influence on this.

I'm not running Office 2007 on the machine in front of me, otherwise I'd check some of the options myself for you - but if you look at the import menu in Outlook 2007 (or if you're really stuck, the help files!) then I feel certain they'll be an answer already waiting for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/50199-export-outlook-express-xp-into-outlook-2007-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/75253-outlook-2013-outlook-2016-restoring-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Can anyone advise on how to set up outlook.com custom domain email accounts with outlook desktop 2013 or 2016
i have 3 accounts that are oulook.com custom domain accounts working fine in outlook 2013 - suddenly 2 of them stopped working  and i have searched the webs to no avail - answews.micorsoft.com techs sent an open thread to the forum.

the typical m.hotmail.com server ins't working and neither is IMAP

if anyone has any troubleshooting tips please help -maybe a new server address? ive tried a few still not working.
maybe thiers a way to find out what server the account is on?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3add1b2f-1501-46a9-8c00-050d872b8e70/outlookcom-custom-domain-sync-with-outlook-2013-and-2016?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75253-outlook-2013-outlook-2016-restoring-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Have a small problem.
When exporting mail files out from express and then copying across to another machine to import as a pst to outlook, it does not read. Can one export as a pst format or does one have to do something else?
thanks guys
andy

Relevancy 54.61%

I guess that almost says it all except when I attempted to clarify this in an edit I suspect what I am trying to do is to merge for setup? custom label sheet How Import a document merge with fields I would need to create on the document that has the labels one file has all the data and the other has a layout of six labels I have a custom label sheet quot x quot paper rows columns with margins that I wish to use in a merge for name tags The sheet is NOT printed so I am not feeding it through a printer for the merge I wish to do the merge on How to Import custom label sheet for merge setup? the computer and send the completed label merge file to a printer at a later date Part of the reason for this is How to Import custom label sheet for merge setup? that I do not have a color printer here and the label picture itself uses color Where it gets a little more complicated is that though each of the six labels per page is the same it is a picture when I double click any one of them the quot Picture quot ribbon comes up Is this a doable endeavor or is it something that needs to be handed off to a professional print shop

A:How to Import custom label sheet for merge setup?

1oo% doable.

You can try to arrange that in two steps:
1. Prepare them for printing and create a PDF file with virtual printer like CutePDF.
2. Keep PDF file to print it later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/262158-how-import-custom-label-sheet-merge-setup.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been using the beta version of Office 2007 til it expired last month and during that time exported a back up of Outlook (contacts, calendar etc) to My Docs.
Not all that fussed with the '07 Office suite, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled Office 2002 but when I try to import the pst file to this earlier version of Outlook, it tellss me that it is not compatible and to contact the Administrator (me!).

If I cannot work around this somehow I intend laying on the railway tracks quite shortly as life without my files will no longer have any meaning to me!

I guess as a last resort I can download the latest trial of 2007 Office and see if that will let me re-import the backed up pst file but what a drama!

Relevancy 54.61%

Basically, I need to know if it's possible to import data from outlook 2002 (XP) into outlook 2000. I'm creating a file filled with contacts for a person, they have 2000 and I have 2002.

Thanks for your help!
Chinc

A:Possible to import outlook 2002 contact data into outlook 2000?

Yes. Export the contacts from your Outlook as a .pst file and import it into thier's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-import-outlook-2002-contact-data-into-outlook-2000.235493/
Relevancy 54.61%

Folks I have read the MS tech notes on how to get Outlook I have it via Office Professional full install to import from OE It fails under either option import from quot another program quot or quot Import Internet Mail quot Under the former it is pointed to the correct folder but fails with Error Cannot open another program in anything Will Outlook mail, Not Outlook 2003 Express Import folders, use quot but there's not I tried copying the folder to a nice clean location on the C and checked all the properties nothing interfering still won't open the folder Under the latter option it just doesn't do anything after directing it to the correct folder Outlook 2003 Will Not Import Outlook Express folders, mail, anything Seems to accept the command closes the window but does not import anything No error messages Umm do MS teams communicate with one another Closely related If I could just get the FOLDERS I had setup it would be a great asset or if i could just get the ADDRESS book it would help Do you know how to import dbx folders into Outlook Or the old outlook Express address Book thx z

A:Outlook 2003 Will Not Import Outlook Express folders, mail, anything

They are written in two different formats that are uncompatible. The Oulook Express has a file sytem totally unique to it.

I had the same problem about 6 weeks ago going from XP to Win7.
I had to transfer address book to notepad and put it into Outlook one at a time. The old mail sits in the old PC.
I have heard you can transfer the OE mail files over to Windows mail or gmail etc. Then transfer files from the new mail server to Outlook.
File system is changed over with the mail transfer- I haven't tried it though.
Mike

I did a Google and found this. I didn't find this page six weeks ago.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...001094387.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/114833-outlook-2003-will-not-import-outlook-express-folders-mail-anything.html