Windows Support Forum

Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error

Q: Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T which I left outdoors overnight boot Pls help: Thinkpad T410 problem? Simple error after a BBQ No rain but likely some humidity nbsp Symptoms Initially screen remains black nothing happens Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error upon pressing power button However computer is still alive Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error since power button is shinin- After Unplugging reconnecting the CMOS battery cable machine booting showing following two errors after some Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error time Date and time error Neither the date nor the time is set in the computer Solution in the manual Run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date System CMOS checksum bad Default configuration used Solution in the manual Charge the backup battery for more than hours by connecting the ac adapter Replace the backup battery and run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date nbsp I tried Removing The backup battery CMOS Replacing the backup battery CMOS - I bought a new oneBattery only running on DC-powerHDDRAM x DVD-driveKeyboardPower button discharge as suggested on various sites to discharge or whatever the power To press the power button times followed by pressing it for sec I tried to reset the time in the BIOS however I'm unable to navigate with the keys gt nothing happens when I try going up and down between the options with the keyboard - I tried pressing many keys simultaneously and I do get the familiar beep when you press a lot of keys randomly so the keyboard is working fine Then I noticed incidentally that the screen light goes up and down if I press the keys changing this meaning it's like the Fn function key is constantly pressed So I also tried cleaning the keyboard and removing the CTRL and Fn key but this didn't help either nbsp In fact my problem is identical to those in nbsp https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-T -and-prior-T-series T -Hangs-on-boot-up-screen td-p The solution there was to try pressing the GPU however its not dedicate one can't see that would help nbsp Many many thanks nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Simple-problem-Pls-help-Thinkpad-T410-boot-error/td-p/3363339
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Thinkpad T BiOS seems to have been made in and nbsp for about Boot seconds T410 Scree... Thinkpad to takes reach 30 half a month I haven't switched it off very Thinkpad T410 takes 30 seconds to reach Boot Scree... often So this morning I put it on sleep nbsp and brought it to class but when I lifted the cover the usual second wake-up screen did not pop up in fact it took roughly SECONDS before anything showed up on the screen I got back and tried shutting the thing down and restarting but the thing took roughly seconds to show me the BOOT screen with the Thinkpad icon When I pressed the Power button it lit up properly and the battery icon was on too but it just sits there for -ish seconds before even showing me life on the screen nbsp After the second wait for the Boot screen whether from sleep or starting up everything works fine I'm brought to my start screen at normal speed I've given that sketchy cuz it hasn't worked for me static discharge Power Button trick two tries after disconnecting the battery wires and ac adapters but doesn't change the second wait before the screen shows anything Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on At the start of last month my computer did NOT have this problem I've only had this problem happen to me today Is it the age Or

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T410-takes-30-seconds-to-reach-Boot-Screen/td-p/3475128
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi everyone,
Need a new laptop for my computer science degree, considered quite a few. Was just wondering if anyone has an oppinion on the Lenovo ThinkPad T410 2516, I would upgrade it as follows:
i5-460m processor
windows 7 home premium 64
3/4GB RAM
320GB 7200rpm hard drive
9 cell battery
Anyone think i should upgrade it differently, I'd like to get it a little cheaper so where if anywhere should i make the cuts in upgrades?
Has anyone got this laptop? is it particularly heavy to carry around?

A:What do you think of the Lenovo ThinkPad T410?

what the difference in 3 and 4GB memory - i would not expect you to use that amount of memory unless you are using some special heavy memory programs

what other choice of CPUs do you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-lenovo-thinkpad-t410.957614/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello there,I wanted to get all my data from my old Thinkpad T410, so I took out the SSD which was installed in it and connected it to my newer Computer. The problem is that my new bought Computer did not recognize the drive at all, so I tested the drive externally on my Thinkpad and this doesn't recognize it either nor will it boot from it when it is connected via USB. I tested the drive on Windows, Linux and MacOS, there are no problems with my external connector, my Thinkpad boots without problems from other USB-Drives and the drives work internally without any problems. On Linux, the drives are detected but not mountable and not formatable... I hope someone has an answer to this problem 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T410-SSD-HDD-not-recognized-externally/td-p/3425062
Relevancy 71.38%

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Driver Help

Quote: Originally Posted by verbatim20

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

Hi verbatim, you can find the drivers here Lenovo Support - Download Drivers and Software (GB)? if you need further help post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/183853-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-driver-help.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in Thinkpad T400?

A:Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in T40...

No.  It is a different shape

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-I-use-Battery-from-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-in-T400/td-p/3316561
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a brand new issues T410 BSOD Thinkpad T less than a week old and I have been having problems with it When Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues I first got it right out of the box I would get a quot windows does not recognize one of your usb devices quot message and when I went to device manager quot unknown device quot was the issue So I uninstalled it and I thought that was that A couple days later I started getting BSoDs with the error code quot BUGCODE USB DRIVER quot I have gotten a bunch since then I would guess around and they seem to happen fairly randomly I haven't been able to pick up a pattern Here's some basic system information OS- Windows Pro -bit Came pre-installed I have not reinstalled it Like I said my computer is less than a week old Well it shipped out of Lenovo's warehouse on june st but it arrived around july th or th I have an intel graphics media accelerator HD not sure if that's the name of the video card or not Anyways any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated

A:Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues

here's that zip file I'm supposed to post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/thinkpad-t410-bsod-issues-497590.html
Relevancy 71.38%

About two weeks ago, I began getting BSODs on a 9 month old ThinkPad T410 running Win Professional 7x64, OEM. This is the original install of the OS, and there have been no recent hardware changes. Prior to this issue, the machine has performed without any failures.

Today's failure happened quite spontaneously (or so it seemed to me) while the ThinkPad was sitting unattended and unused for about 15 minutes.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

A:ThinkPad T410 100000b8 BSODs

Hello and welcome,
Uninstall Acronis Software as dump blames them.

Update your Conexant Modem: Lenovo Support - Modem Adapter Software for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad

Code:
CAX_CNXT.sys Wed Jul 01 07:59:52 2009
CAX_DPV.sys Wed Jul 01 08:05:11 2009
CAXHWAZL.sys Wed Jul 01 08:01:14 2009
mdmxsdk.sys Tue Jun 20 09:27:26 2006
Update your ThinkPad TrackPad: Lenovo Support - UltraNav driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) and XP (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

Code:
ltpFiltr.sys Mon Jun 15 01:49:50 2009
ltpwrflt.sys Mon May 11 15:47:52 2009
Update your RIM Software ---> Research In Motion - Products

Code:
RimSerial_AMD64.sys Tue Nov 25 06:01:01 2008
Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000B8, {fffffa8006c7c680, fffff8800316efc0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys
Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+18e71 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC (b8)
A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine.
This is an illegal operation and the stack track will lead to the offending
code and original DPC routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8006c7c680, Original thread which is the cause of the failure
Arg2: fffff8800316efc0, New thread
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Stack address of the original thread
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_THREAD: fffffa8006c7c680

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xB8

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800032ea992 to fffff800032e7eda

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03193580 fffff800`032ea992 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06c7c680 fffffa80`00000000 fffff880`0f8b487c : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`031936c0 fffff800`032ed1af : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03164180 0000000f`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`03193750 fffff880`01818e71 : fffff880`0182b100 fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x19f
fffff880`031937f0 fffff880`0182b100 : fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 : snapman+0x18e71
fffff880`031937f8 fffff880`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 : snapman+0x2b100
fffff880`03193800 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 fffffa80`07d7a348 : 0xfffff880`00000000
STACK_COMMAND: .thread 0xfffffa8006c7c680 ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
snapman+18e71
fffff880`01818e71 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: snapman+18e71

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: snapman

IMAGE_NAME: snapman.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 45265d99

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`0ffc0000 fffff8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153766-thinkpad-t410-100000b8-bsods.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the built-in wireless adapter on this laptop to get connected to the internet. I have installed the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73611
but have had no luck. there are no available wireless connections I can connect to.
I have also tried to use USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN725N to connect to internet. It is able to find available connections but when it tries to connect it says unable to connect and give options to troubleshoot. Once troubleshoot is complete it says to investigate router or access point issues. I have reset the router many times. Other devices are working fine with the internet just not this laptop.
I am running windows 7 64Bit.
Please help.
Thanks

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Can you connect the laptop to the router using a cable at all ?

using just the laptop wireless adapter
unlikely to be this as it is reporting NO networks available - but check anyway please
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

can we see an ipconfig /all - see how below
do a tcp/ip reset - see how below
post a screen shot of xirrus please - see how below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-wireless-issue.1154408/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a T with Windows risky? ThinkPad 10 T410 to Windows Is upgrading Professional which Microsoft invited to upgrade to Win In preparing the computer for Win a message indicated that some functions would not work I did not realize that in taking the next step whateve that was at the time it would gto ahead with the upgrade I found that the offer to choose when to upgrade was a choice of three different pre-assigned days I had to turn Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? off the computer to stop the upgrade there was no other way I tried Task Manager Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? Process Explorer Alt F etc Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? Now it is just reserved and waiting nbsp My concerns are nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -will an upgrade result in a Windows Professional or will distinctions between Home and Profesional be lost nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -the preparation process indicated that Intel PROSet Wireless would have to be re-installed As best as I can understand from the Intel site the wireless adaptor Intel Centrino Advanced-N AGN in the T is not supported in Win The Intel site said to go to the manufacturer Will Lenovo have an update for this nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -Intel PROSet Wireless may not be critical to me but a wireless driver will be Will the T wireless function still function nbsp Has anyone had experience with the T moving to Win nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky?

Hi and welcome, ssumOfficially, upgrade to the win10 on the T410 isn't supported:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103535- win10 reduction matches the source OS.- definitely, Lenovo will not update the win10 drivers for the Intel 6200 itself, it's a deal of the Intel. But as you noticed there are no upgrades toohttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59470/Intel-Centrino-Advanced-N-6200-Dual-Band- win8/10 manages wireles features from the metro app (Lenovo Settings, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/lenovo-settings/9wzdncrfj12p#app-details) and Charms. For metro app some drivers are needed:http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t41...Note there are not only win10 incompatible laptop components, but applications also.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Is-upgrading-ThinkPad-T410-to-Windows-10-risky/td-p/2176212
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi Everyone nbsp nbsp I am a THINKPAD Owner, missing New T410 Fingerprint, Webc... new T owner Bought this notebook for cheap and i am impressed by its quality My specs for the laptop as follows I upgraded ram and ssd and i am happy with the results but there is always a space for logical and not so costly improvements that is why i am here to ask you experts New Owner, THINKPAD T410 missing Fingerprint, Webc... and owners to get some suggestions if you please I am New Owner, THINKPAD T410 missing Fingerprint, Webc... a regular guy who uses its computers for web-browsing and watching online shows and some little photoshopping This computer provided more than enough power for my usage and needs nbsp nbsp i nbsp i - M stock gb ddr mhz ram it was gb before gb kingston hyperX ssd had a gb rpm seagate before Windows legalized with Win Pro key found under the battery x resolution displayEverything works perfect with windows i didn't even have to install any driver but some extra lenovo apps I flashed the lasted bios and that corrected some issues with Win installation I have checked other T models but mine is missing some important specs like Bluetooth chip would prefer BT with low energy webcam support for skype and fingerprint reader for added security The touchpad is also worn by use in time and the palmrest housing is cracked on the edge of both sides I have cut some carbon fiber stickers New Owner, THINKPAD T410 missing Fingerprint, Webc... and put onto touchpad to keep nbsp aestetcis but the sensevitiy is not that good now I want to know if nbsp nbsp I nbsp can upgrade cpu to i if yes which model of i should i get Can i add fingerprint reader to this device and at the same time changing the touchpad and palmrest housing This would be birds with one stone Is it possible to add Bluetooth and LE supporting chip in Can i add webcam but keep the keyboard light nbsp nbsp Thank you for your time and wish you all happy and productive days nbsp ps sorry for the english nbsp it isn't my native language nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/New-Owner-THINKPAD-T410-missing-Fingerprint-Webcam-Bluetooth/td-p/3319623
Relevancy 68.8%

Good afternoon all,

I have been in the process of making my laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad T410, a much better device to use. While I've been having HDD issues, my main issue right now is the battery that I had purchased. With the IBM Power Manager software, the battery is listed as a Sanyo 42T4710. It is a 9 cell battery and I will provide any other information you need.

When I had first purchased the device, after charging for awhile the battery icon on the laptop would begin to flash amber. It will not charge to 100%, and usually stops at 96%. With the battery manager, the charge threshold is set to "Always Full Charge (Start when below 96% and end at 100%). I tried to run the battery gauge reset option, however the laptop permanently stayed at 96% and never discharged lower than that.

Are there any recommendations that you can make for what I should do with the battery?

Thanks!

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410: Bought a different battery, issues reporting %

Does it charge to 100 when laptop is shutdown?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372204-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-bought-different-battery-issues-reporting.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Everytime i boot up my laptop, i get an error 127. it automatically goes to the test screen. when i test my systemboard, it stops and makes 3 beeps. it reads: dev 001, err 42, fru 1110. Anybody knows what that means?

A:cant boot... keep getting error 127 on my ibm thinkpad 600

wrong thread, man.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-boot-keep-getting-error-127-on-my-ibm-thinkpad-600.49160/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I have a friend's IBM Thinkpad T22 machine that won't boot. The machine is running XP Professional. On bootup it gets ERROR 0175: Bad CRC1, stop POST task.

In looking up google I have found an IBM solution to upgrade the BIOS to the latest solution. My problem is I do not have password information if it is required.

I am interested if anyone has used the procedure and whether it works. It warns that you cannot stop haf way as you may do hardware damage. http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-44186

thanks in anticipation

Russell

Relevancy 57.62%

In our company we have migrated from Toshiba to Lenovo laptops/tablets.  Recently users have been reporting that their T410 laptops are very very slow.  Most of the time they over estimate the slowness time, but this time it's not.  I checked the device and it takes 4-5 minutes from powering on the device to getting the ctrl+alt+del screen.  In that time, there is a few seconds where the screen goes completely black, then comes back. After logging in, it takes another 5-6 minutes to get to the desktop.  I've checked the Hard Drive, memory, spyware, etc. and everything checks out.  The user states that this only started happening a couple of weeks ago.  He's had the device for about a year. Anyone else noticing this type of slowness and what could be causing this issue? Thanks 

A:Lenovo T410 slow to boot up and sluggish once logg...

What happens if you load a program such as HWInfo32 to ensure that the CPU isn't running too slowly? When running HWInfo32, the CPU speed should match or exceed the adverstised speed of the laptop whenever some program is actively using the CPU.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-slow-to-boot-up-and-sluggish-once-logged-in-HELP/td-p/475995
Relevancy 57.19%

Greetings Merry Christmas all my nephew has an IBM Thinkpad T which is doing something problem Thinkpad T40 Boot strange When powered on nothing happens but the following Thinkpad T40 Boot problem Cap Thinkpad T40 Boot problem Lock Number Lock Battery Light and Sleep Mode lights all Thinkpad T40 Boot problem blink steadily along with one that has a circle with an angled Z in it Nothing from hard drive activity light They continue to blink once every half a second I can not shut the computer off with out pulling the battery Once that battery is pulled I hit the power button and the same process starts all over The system was running well and as far as my nephew says nothing was spilled on it Good Ole Uncle Smitty has been asked to take a look at it and I have no idea where to start It has XP Pro but I never see a boot screen so I think its hardware related and not software I have tried another battery and hard drive If anyone has seen this and can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated Thanks Smitty nbsp

A:Thinkpad T40 Boot problem

Get yourself a user guide here, maybe it can help

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/s...nlinePublicationsLandingPage.vm&validate=true

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-t40-boot-problem.783482/
Relevancy 57.19%

Old a21p thinkpd with XP pro. all fine till the trojans hit me. Got it cleaned up and still very slow and cranky. Tried to re-install and things went downhill.
Missing Config files, got those replaced, now getting the bsod
with the "irql not less or equal" Error. My reading says driver.. but someone reported it is not a driver problem if you cannot safe boot, which I cannot.
Cannot get into repair console either.
Here is the error message.
0x00000A (0x02080021, 0x000002,0x000000, 0x804ed77F)

I read about dump files but not sure how to get them off the laptop.

Can you help me. (the used laptop came with no original cds.)

thanks
wingryder

A:Thinkpad wont boot IRQL not less or equal error

Since you already have reinstalled, you might just do it again. Boot off of the XP CD, choose to Format the partition and reinstall XP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/thinkpad-wont-boot-irql-not-less-or-equal-error-513595.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Screen/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Scrren/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Thinkpad 770z which I bought from Overstock and it came without manuels. On booting up I get error messages 163 and 173. I am then taken to a screen where I set the correct date and time. It then takes me to a screen that looks like this:

0 > l

Under the O is written off and under the l is written on.

I cant see how to select either however. The mouse is disabled on this screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 56.33%

I bought a used IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U from eBay for use this semester on campus. It is in great shape and has a recent edition of Windows XP but an older version of MS Office which does not boot properly.

This computer was a part of a network and keeps trying to connect to it each time Windows loads. It came with a LinkSys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter 2.4 GHz 802.11g card.

The CD is an official copy; clean and has no scratches or nicks. The DVD/CD-ROM will boot other CD's such as music CD's and DVD films and data discs with MS Word files etc on them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yours,

Kyklopes

A:IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U Won't Boot my MS Office 2005 CD

That T-20 is pretty long in the tooth. I suspect your optical drive either needs cleaning, or is worn beyond repair.
Did you try the CD in another drive as a double check?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-t20-thinkpad-type-2647-92u-wont-boot-my-ms-office-2005-cd.96257/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have An IBM thinkpad r type that I am borrowing from school to do work but today I booted it up and it takes me to the bios password screen every time I boot the computer it will just take me to this screen so I need to know if there is some kind of like backdoor password that will temporarily override the password that IT set so I can see what the problem is and possibly fix it myself so I can boot it normally I even try to press F to bring up the boot list so I can r52 Boot IBM 1860 thinkpad type problem boot my Linux on a flash drive but it still takes me to the bios password screen any he ll would be greatly appriciated because I needs to access the hard drive so I can do my work with it being Christmas break for me and schooling ending on like a month after that I can t afford to wait until I go back to school to get the problem fixed I basically need to access the bios so o can either copy an error code and come back here foe help or see what the bios says and possibly fix the problem myself nbsp

A:Boot problem IBM thinkpad r52 type 1860

Please read the rules. We cannot help you override passwords that you have no right to know. Contact your school's IT department.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-problem-ibm-thinkpad-r52-type-1860.970868/
Relevancy 55.47%

I did a hardware scan on my computer and it showed me a hardware problem with the memory. The computer have been working fine for many years now. The only thing I did not so long after I got it was to upgrade to 8 GB of memory and an SSD disk. So it have been working great for many years.No it's started turning it self of sometimes while I use it. The scan showed result code: WMEBVVBTH-WL8BRF Also see the log attached. Is the memory starting to go bad or is it the Windows? The computer is upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back.

Report.jpg ?48 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-with-a-memory-problem/td-p/3363533
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello there, My Thinkpad's cursor is having freezing issues after upgrading to win10. When I move the cursor, it once in a while freezes and it's not related to the trackpad or trackpoint. I plugged in an external mouse and had the same problem again. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, the problem is still there. I really don't know what else to do. I checked all the settings on synaptics, searched the whole internet. Still couldn't have found a solution for it. Here on this link people with Lenovo laptops are having the same issue as well. Will Lenovo solve this problem and maybe put a new driver on the official site? Thank you

A:T410 Mouse Freezing Problem After Upgrading to Win...

Dear subdivided,

welcome in lenovo community,

Kindly try to download and install the below driver, after uninstalling the current one,

http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64__Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUI_PS2_SMbu...

Regards,
Joseph

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Mouse-Freezing-Problem-After-Upgrading-to-Win10/td-p/2171435
Relevancy 54.18%

I was trying to go thrue non working drivers and it popped up one bad thing acpi\pnpocof\1 dosent have a driver?? I don't have a clue what this is or I could fix it. Anyone please help win 7 pro 32 bit intel core 5 on a Lenovo thinkpad T-410 -2537

A:Get a error on laptop needs driver for acpi\pnpocof\1 Lenovo t410-2537

I recommend that you post in the Win 7 forum since this is a Vista forum.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/302265-get-error-laptop-needs-driver-acpi-pnpocof-1-lenovo-t410-2537-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have just received an old laptop from my sister and had to put a new Hard drive in it as the old one had died So all going good the Hard drive i could format then start the installation of windows until it then begins to state that there are files missing on the disc that it needs for installation The disc is a legit copy XP on installing reading: Thinkpad Problem IBM error Solved: of windows I have purchased and is in good condition with no scratches at all so there is Solved: Problem installing XP on IBM Thinkpad error reading: no data missing further more i installed windows onto it and that was fine The Solved: Problem installing XP on IBM Thinkpad error reading: laptop is not so old as to it wont support XP as it is Solved: Problem installing XP on IBM Thinkpad error reading: designed for xp and previously had xp on there the laptop is an IBM Thinkpad Celeron M i cant tell what hardware it exactly has at the moment apart from the hard drive I purchased which is a Samsung IDE gb thats really all and i don t think the hard drive is the problem is there a specific type of windows xp disc that needs to be installed onto this type of laptop as its IBM and windows may not be able to provide or detect certain drivers that are IBM specific and where would i get one of these from as I don t have the windows cd that came with the laptop because it was a computer purchased by someone else for their work all i have is the product key that is for the laptop If there is such a disc that is needed can someone please link it to me or a specific way of installing xp so these errors don t come up and it recognizes all files the error that i get after many files that won t install such as some dll sys chm exe inf and even fon files wont install for some unknown reason again the disc is in perfect order as i reformatted my main pc a few weeks ago with its serial no and it worked a treat the error reads quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode Technical Info STOP x A xF EF x x x E A quot hope this information is helpful I really need my laptop to work s tx nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Yesterday my year old laptop began displaying a quot fan error quot message on boot-up prior to Windows starting This was after I blew into the heating exhaust to clear dust out After three beeps the system completely shuts off I was able to by-pass this message and get Windows to load after pressing the quot ESC quot key during the error message Prior to yesterday my laptop would randomly shut off after extensive use - leading me to believe that the fan had overheated In addition after about minutes "fan boot-up. on error" ThinkPad z60t of use - the laptop will stop responding or begin acting very slow The fan does ThinkPad z60t "fan error" on boot-up. not turn on at all Another interesting note my mouse is acting up and is sometimes unresponsive unless I minimize then re-maxamize the program I am attempting to use In addition the cursor will quot creep quot across the screen towards the left sometimes as well Does this sound like a fan heating issue or a motherboard issue Also what exactly would I need to replace As a college student I cannot really afford to have some expensive repair done - but if I knew the proper part I could order and install it myself Thanks for your help If you need additional details please let me know nbsp

A:ThinkPad z60t "fan error" on boot-up.

In addition, the cursor will "creep" across the screen towards the left sometimes as wellClick to expand...

This part happens due to a worn out trackpoint on the internal keyboard. You can fix this by either 1 buying a new keyvboard assembly or you can go into the bios settings and disable just the trackpoint. Doing this you can still use the touchpad and external mouse functions.

All the rest assuredly can be caused by a fan failure but you won't be able to test until you replace the now nonfunctioning fan. I would replace this fan and then run a memtest and check event logs to see if anything more might be going on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-z60t-fan-error-on-boot-up.809880/
Relevancy 45.58%

My brother had his IBM Thinkpad R51 charging overnight the other night. He had used it before he went to bed and it was functioning normally. However, when he returned from work the next day, his machine would not power on. Not even so much as the normal indicator light when the AC adapter is plugged in. External and internal inspection show no obvious signs of any issues, and he had done nothing leading up to this that should have caused such a problem. After some research on other Thinkpad models having issues with overcharged capacitors, I followed their instructions to discharge the capacitors with the power button. Didn't work......... the motherboard does not appear to be getting power.

So I guess the real question is.... what the heck is the matter with it????

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-r51-wont-boot-help.379831/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everybody This is my first post really need some help IBM R Thinkpad not Thinkpad will boot IBM Had the problem months ago laptop would just shutdown then it was taking longer times to boot or three or to Had a g hard drive mb ram installed a g hard drive and g pc ram old ram was also a pc also a IBM Thinkpad will not boot new batt and charger after this first attempt to start IBM Thinkpad will not boot I went into bios and changed boot to dvd booted fine and loaded xp up until the partiton part and then shutdown next started to boot got msg file setupdd sys could not be loaded the error code is next attempt error code is now It will not boot at all with or without hard drive dvd I can here and feel the fan running I am thinking the fan from previous posts but when I try in the morning to boot sometimes it starts and sometimes not please help thanks nbsp

A:IBM Thinkpad will not boot

read the bios beep guide in the guides forum for error codes.

run memtest 86+ to test ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-will-not-boot.124553/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was having a problem with my T40 freezing up. I also was having difficulty booting the machine up (black screen). I was able to boot the machine long enough to format the drive from the hidden recovery partition however, now I cannot boot up at all. I have used compressed air to remove any dust from the machine and the fan is operating. The battery is good and until recently the laptop ran well. Can anyone help me boot this laptop up?

Relevancy 45.58%

Have recently aquired a thinkpad 600E and 600X.  They look to be in reasonable condition and displays seem to work, but they will not start up of get me into BIOS beyond setting date and time. Problem is similar on both computers. On power up, message:Think pad 600E, 600X130496 KB OKfollowed by two beeps anderror 00173 (Configuration lost )00161 (dead battery -- charging light lit)00163 (Time/date not set)"birdie" icon for mous operationclick on OKbeepSet time and Dateclick on OKtwo beeps The following dialog appears on "Think Pad" Background O   >   |OFF  ON That is as far as I can go -  No mouse or keyboard response. I have tried power-up with F1 key held down, but is of no further help. Any hope of saving these thinkpads or are they junk?  

A:Thinkpad 600 - no boot up

wolfworx wrote:

The following dialog appears on "Think Pad" Background

O   >   |
OFF  ON

After setting up the time and date you have to turn off the machine and turn it on again. Doesn't that work?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Thinkpad-600-no-boot-up/td-p/1637304
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a friend s Thinkpad I Series that won t boot at all Here are a few things that I do know that s wrong and what it is doing First off the battery is dead so I have boot won't IBM Thinkpad to use the AC adapter When I turn it on the IBM Thinpad logo comes on the screen well at least did a few times at first now the screen is completely blank when I try to start it it does nothing from there besides make some short bursts of grinding type noises It does sets of then and keeps on doing that I did happen to be fortunate enough several times when I hit the F key during attempted startups and got into the startup configuration IBM Thinkpad won't boot Memory test was disabled and boot from a cd was enabled I enabled the memory test and when I saved the settings it tried to restart and I got a message saying the memory was good but the CMOS battery was bad I attempted to boot from a bootable CD which has it s own operating system on it but it won t even boot from it Would the CMOS battery being bad be causing all the trouble or do you think it s the motherboard altogether I appreciate any insight thanks nbsp

A:IBM Thinkpad won't boot

usually a bad cmos battery would not cause this sort of trouble. the cmos still holds all basic functions but can't remember anything you can set/change.
but its worth a try to get a new battery anyway, before digging into other causes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-wont-boot.106150/
Relevancy 45.58%

Recently I downloaded and installed a DVD Reader program on my IBM Thinkpad T laptop model - MU After using the DVD reader successfully I uninstalled it due to it not being user friendly After uninstalling I ran Spybot and Norton Virus Scan to assure nothing was left over All ran successfully I won't Thinkpad boot then shut down the laptop as usual The next day it would not boot I have tried several ways with AC adapter with battery only with different memory and all get the same results when I press the power on button - one beep pause three beeps pause three beeps pause one beep - can hear the disk drive and cooling fan run and the CD DVD drive runs - nothing at all on the display IBM support says it is either a Memory or System Board problem I have tried different memory Thinkpad won't boot with no success Before I go to the expense of a new System Board would like to see if anyone knows of any other tests or resets or other actions I might try Is it possible I deleted something that would prevent a boot If so how would I go about restoring when I cannot even get a boot to DOS The Thinkpad is a T Model - MU with Mb two sticks memory and Windows XP I have not noticed any other problems with it before now Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hey... i got my new Thinkpad P50 today...  But it just doesn't boot. I got it from an online shop and i ordered a RAM-Upgrade... so additional 16 GB of Ram were already installed. One guy from the shop said, that this problem does not happen the first time... I tried to start it without the akku... but no reaction. Anyone got similar problems and perhaps a solution ? 

A:Thinkpad P50 does not boot

Whenever memory was added/removed, it takes about 1 minute for the machine to "recognize" it.  Then the machine will reboot one more time (automatically). Did you wait long enough?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P50-does-not-boot/td-p/2252061
Relevancy 45.58%

Wife brings home ibm thinkpad iseries. Says friends son has power point to give tomorrow. I hit the power on two green lights and shuts down. Have tried ac and battery. HELP she'll never speak to me again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-no-boot.66263/
Relevancy 45.58%

OS is Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, 500GByte Hitachi HD. The notebook has been running fine. Today, prior to going to class, the pointer froze on the screen. Eventually, the only way I was able to shut the notebook off was by holding the start button down.

Upon returning from class I was unable to boot up; not even the logo screen displayed. Unable to get into safe mode as well. Additionally, I put the W7 Pro DVD into the drive hoping it would boot the computer, but still nothing. This really has me perplexed.

As I am fully dependent on this notebook for my work, any suggestions would be most appreciated.

A:ThinkPad T60 will not boot

Insert your Windows 7 CD into your Laptop and press whatever Function Key is required (Should say when your Manufacturers Logo appearscould be F2/F10) to access your Boot Menu, then select your CD Rom so you computer will then boot from the CD.

If this does not work then try going into Setup, usually F10, F2 Or Delete and set your CD Rom as the device first booted by your PC.

Once you have booted from your CD select your Operating System, click Repair then try and do a System Restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/thinkpad-t60-will-not-boot-509302.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hello all, recently I attempted making a bootable usb from a floppy image to update my bios, as I don't have windows or a floppy drive. After i set it all up, I started the Thinkpad, pressed F12 to get boot devices, selected "Verbatim Store'n go"(my usb drive), and pressed enter. Next thing I saw was an error about "could not read system configuration" or something and then black screen. Now it won't boot and If i press F1 or F12 the messages appear saying "Entering IBM setup" or "Preparing Boot devices", but nothing happens. And If I leave it alone, nothing happens. I tried holding F1 and pressing power like another thread on this site mentions and it gets me in to the bios. I restored default settings, but it didn't help. I also tried disabling USB-boot, I still get nothing but the IBM bootscreen.

A:Thinkpad T40 won't boot

hm. it decided to run a memory check and fixed itself. still, does anyone know how the usb stick could do this or what the error about System configuration was? I am going to make a new thread asking about making the usb correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-t40-wont-boot.896935/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I have s one of which works fine The other is the exact same spec but although it s set to boot from CDrom well DVD it just won t do it I can t boot from floppy cos the machine doesn won't ThinkPad from boot CD 770 t have one and it won t recognize the CD drive from DOS I just get invalid drive message The DOS seems to have only command ThinkPad 770 won't boot from CD com with no drivers I can t update DOS to add a CD driver because I would need either a floppy or a CD to do it Since both of my s are identical spec I am considering mirroring the HDD of the working one to the HDD of the other Does anyone know how to do this Is there some ThinkPad 770 won't boot from CD cable I can buy to connect the Remember networking them is no good cos one of them has no O S I ve tried searching IBM support with no luck Any ThinkPad 770 won't boot from CD help suggestions much appreciated nbsp

A:ThinkPad 770 won't boot from CD

i think norton ghost has an option to ghost drives over lan. and i beleave no os i needed , i never tried this but could work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-770-wont-boot-from-cd.147968/
Relevancy 45.58%

This computer belongs to my cousin. I have worked on it before when she had problems with the not getting on internet etc. This time she had a fan error and it was shutting down. I looked on line and see where the heatsink and fan can be changed fairly easily, so I have done that. Now the IBM screen comes on and then it seems like it's going to go on into windows but suddenly shuts down.
I don't know where to go from here. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Relevancy 45.15%

Clean HDD, Win XP Pro SP2 Installation, it starts with the Windows XP Professional installation setup, once set up is complete and all Drive are formated, it reboots, tries to boot from CD and fails and demands to insert boot diskette into drive A. I've gone online, and did my research, copied files from Installation CD to floppy such as NTDLR & NTDETECT.COM. when prompted to insert boot disk, I do.. but it fails to do what I assume it's suppose to do... but no... Installation never happens... stuck at "insert boot diskette into drive A: press space bar to continue"... something like that. Please note that pc recently added slave HDD and More RAM... starts fine.. just that a clean HDD. I am not a tech that's for sure, I need your help Peeps.. I may be missing clues..

A:Simple Boot diskette, all I want

You should have six boot discs. Go into bios and set your boot order to
floppy first. Probably still set to boot from cd.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/simple-boot-diskette-all-i-want-215574.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Cannot even get my daughters laptop to boot into the bios setup, F1, just hangs after showing going to steup, F12 doesnt work...just hangs on the selection lineI have tried holding F1 at bootup, get no post beep, get no memory count. it just hangs at the starting setup messageSystem does not try to boot from CD or floppy either...I have taken out the memory, HD, CD Floppy, reinserted them, no change.the bios is phoenix 4.0, release 6.0 (95-99), I was going to update the bios but cannot even get anywhere near the setup screen, and will not try to boot from floppy or CD.Im stuck...and not sure what direction to go at this pointMessage Edited by spjyxl on 09-13-2008 03:10 PM

A:A21 thinkpad will not boot, cannot get to bios set...

Welcome to the forum! Try removing mini-PCI card and see whether that makes a difference. Good luck. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/A21-thinkpad-will-not-boot-cannot-get-to-bios-setup/td-p/49722
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a thinkpad 600e and it did work but now it will not boot i get an error message 00174 and cant seem to find anything about it from the ibm support site. the bios doesnt recognise the floppy drive or the hard drive so i cant even boot from a disk. i hope that someone has an answer for me

Relevancy 45.15%

IBM ThinkPad T43 boots fine using XP as long as it's not docked. When it's docked it locks on the IBM screen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ibm-thinkpad-t43-wont-boot-while-docked-426157.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I got into a debate with a MicroCenter tech guy, who says that dual-booting on a laptop is a bad idea. I told him that I have XP Pro and 7 RC running this way now without any problems. He says that the hard drive will get worn out faster and hence increase the chance of failure of the drive on a dual-booting laptop.

Who's right?

A:Dual-boot on a ThinkPad

I've never heard that argument or seen that type of warning on any dual boot guides ... and (being wary of causing problems) I read loads before setting up my current Vista / Linux Mint dual boot on my laptop.

I'll follow this thread with interest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-boot-on-a-thinkpad.852167/
Relevancy 45.15%

My thinkpad p70 doesn't boot, only black screen, and can't go to BIOS because the keyboard doesn't respond neither.. Please help.. 

A:Thinkpad P70 doesn't boot

Do you get a power light when you plug in or try to boot?

-----------IBM T40: XP PRO SP3, 14.1" 4:3 display, 512MB DDR RAM, 40GB HDD, ThinkLight, DVD.Lenovo Ideacentre H215: AMD Athlon II X2 215, 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 64-bit Win7, AMD 760G.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P70-doesn-t-boot/td-p/3383678
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought the laptop bare no H D MB RAM Basic no expanded no floppy external no battery module The problem was an error at booting and freeze I found it to be related to the pin tracker in the centre of the keyboard I 560 up freeze IBM ThinkPad boot disconnected the cable to the pin and the error disappeared on the process I pull out the CMOS battery to check IBM ThinkPad 560 boot up freeze out the volts and found it ok Now has the following errors Config data lost time and date the battery pulling and Sys bus error I F The problem is that because the green screen with the numbers IBM ThinkPad 560 boot up freeze and a bird pic on right are frozen I cannot proceed to fix time date the setup menu does not come up Keyboard and external mouse that I fit at the back won t work I heard somewhere that is possible to access the computer via a port replicator so I bought one is on the way any ideas Thanks in advance Ric nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-560-boot-up-freeze.290767/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi This is a friend s notebook It is an IBM T The error that comes up is an error which IBM describes as a system card problem However upon further reading of other IBM threads and evaluating the documentation the error relates to the BIOS and IBM have had two attempts to resolve it In BOIS updates for the T they have tried twice in update and update to fix it As such I do not believe the error we have is a system card error cause. not boot. obvious Thinkpad IBM will No but rather a problem that they have misprogrammed and then tried to fix They have a solution but it requires booting from a floppy in the drive The problem theirs and mine is that the error stops the laptop booting to the IBM Thinkpad will not boot. No obvious cause. point of reading the floppy Hence the solution cannot work Their solution is given in http www- ibm com pc support site wss document do lndocid MIGR- and as it says this is the new support for the T If T is not given in the IBM search the old IBM solution of system card problem is found I raised this problem on but have only had solution from IBM Thinkpad will not boot. No obvious cause. one person They gave good advice but I think they may have IBM Thinkpad will not boot. No obvious cause. missed some of the information I came across but did not clearly post Other have said that IBM did not design things well IBM having two goes to solve this problem as a software problem does not impress me Any input appreciated regards Russell nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-will-not-boot-no-obvious-cause.309375/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have an IBM thinkpad t42 and it will not boot, I tried f8 to get safe mode to display with no luck, tried remove battery. , I always get the the same screen with just a blinking cursor in the top left screen and I do not get passed that, any ideas?

A:IBM Thinkpad T42 Wont boot

Typical fix for this on non-OEM system would be to run the fixmbr command from the XP Recovery Console.

Since your system is an OEM system...I'd suggest following the advice at http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-62979 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387455/ibm-thinkpad-t42-wont-boot/
Relevancy 45.15%

This one sounds like something out of the twilight zone Got my IBM laptop back from my girlfriend she neglected to tell me that it wont boot past the blue screen stage where u get to logon I have tried to do a thorough inspection of the machine and boot and reboot to safe mode with and without command prompt Last known good configuration etc nothing works Now i was able to get to the command prompt and take a look at the root directory and something struck me as odd There is no Windows folder or even a Winnt folder My documents folder isnt there either in fact there were no other directories What XP wont IBM Thinkpad boot i want to know firstly is is there such a thing as hidden files and folders in DOS Secondly what the bloody heck can i do to fix this PS the XP cd that came with the laptop is IBM Thinkpad XP wont boot unfortunately pretty scratched up and only good for a coaster which i have been using it for incidentally Oh and I was able to get the setup disk files on the internet but cant get past disk one coz it says that txtsetup sif is missing or corrupted HELP Thanks Erick nbsp

A:IBM Thinkpad XP wont boot

Duplicate
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2010325&posted=1#post2010325

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-xp-wont-boot.283407/
Relevancy 45.15%

This one sounds like something out of the twilight zone Got my IBM laptop back from my girlfriend she neglected to wont XP boot Thinkpad IBM tell me that it wont boot past the blue screen stage where u get to logon I have tried to do a thorough inspection of the machine and boot and reboot to IBM Thinkpad XP wont boot safe mode with and without command prompt Last known good configuration etc nothing works Now i was able IBM Thinkpad XP wont boot to get to the command prompt and take a look at the root directory and something struck me as odd There is no Windows folder or even a Winnt folder My documents folder isnt there either in fact there were no other directories What i want to know firstly is is there such a thing as hidden files and folders in DOS Secondly what the bloody heck can i do to fix this PS the XP cd that came with the laptop is unfortunately pretty scratched up and only good for a coaster which i have been using it for incidentally HELP Thanks Erick nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi There Techies I have a laptop here that is very old but still worked until the other day First here are the specs ThinkPad x - EU Win P MHz KB MB RAM GB XGA TFT X K Int Li-Ion At least that is what the IBM website said came with it originally boot ThinkPad 600x will not up The childrens father may have upgraded it somewhere along the line ThinkPad 600x will not boot up but I wouldn t know what that would be The problem is that I cannot get it to boot up I tried changing the ThinkPad 600x will not boot up boot device order and one by one eliminating each but that didnt work I took out the cdrom and that didnt work I reset the hardware and that didnt work ThinkPad 600x will not boot up I do get the Thinkpad screen and then it goes black and hangs There are no error messages and I don t know how to get to safe mode in case there is something i could do there But what would i do there anyway It does have a netgear wireless card if that helps any Other than that I dont know what to do Thanks for your help Debra Robberson nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I am posting this for my friend so I will try to be as specific as possible. He has an IBM Thinkcentre pc and out of the blue Windows Live froze so he reboot. When he rebooted he got the BSOD. He tried every option: safemode, last known config, etc. and they all take him to the BSOD. He changed the boot order to boot from CD/DVD and then he tried a Dell WinXP Disk and a burned WinXP disk and all that happens is they boots straight to safe mode/last known good configuration screen again. It will not boot straight to disk.

Any suggestions?

He is reinstalling Vista on his laptop so he can access the web and take over from me here to get advice but if you have any ideas in the meantime I would appreciate it.

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275859/bsod-ibm-thinkpad-cant-boot-to-cd/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

How do you create a Emergency Repair Disk and the start up boot disks (which should take 4 floppies)?

Are they the same? Anyway, thanks in advanced

Relevancy 44.72%

Hola gentleman

This is probably everyday stuff to most of you guys, but I haven't had a lot of experience with creating boot CD's.

Now what I would like to do is take my 5 or 6 boot floppies that I use for the different models of PC's and get them all on a single CD with a multiple choice menu at boot to choose between them. I imagine I could use WinImage/UltraIso etc to make *.IMA's of the floppies, but how would I go about getting them all on the same CD and adding a menu? Any ideas? Sorry if this is a little low level for ya. I'm just new to boot disks. Thanks a TON in advance for any help!

Not sure that it makes a difference, but We're currently using Norton 7.5 and I can't see them upgrading anytime in the near future.

A:Creating a simple Ghost boot CD?

Well, since GHOST is simply a DOS application, you can create an MS-DOS bootable CD with the CD-ROM drivers. Then you put all the different DOS applications you want to run into separate folders on the CD, and use a simple batch menu to select from them. You can run any of them from the same booted O/S.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-simple-ghost-boot-cd.486562/
Relevancy 44.72%

The question to my main problem is located on the last sentance of the last paragraph You can skip to it if you are tech savvy and don't need any background info For those of you having similar problems dual booting from two seperate SATA HD setups here is what I ended up doing First I backed up all my Vista files including device drivers and saved them to DVD-R Then I created a floppy disk containing my RAID and Boot Cd: Menu Dual Fix? No Without Simple SATA controller drivers from an exe program I found on my motherboard driver installation CD EVGA i FTW motherboard Then I deleted and created new partitions on each HD setup by booting from the No Dual Boot Menu Without Cd: Simple Fix? Windows Vista system disk I inserted the Windows XP system disk and rebooted my computer to enter Windows XP installation setup Now in case you didn't know Windows XP older version does not recognize SATA drives I happen to be running three SATA Seagate hard drives one single and two in RAID array a SLI setup consisting of two Geforce GTS cards as well as a SATA optical DVD-RW drive and an extra IDE optical DVD-RW drive I am also using a Windows XP SP installation disk from an old Dell computer to perform the XP installation and a retail version of Windows Vista -bit What this all means is that I will have to install the RAID and SATA controller drivers before the XP installation can occur otherwise No Dual Boot Menu Without Cd: Simple Fix? it will simply not recognize there being any hard drives to install on So I pre-made a floppy disk for the RAID and SATA Controller Drivers that my motherboard driver installation CD had nicely placed for me in a exe floppy disk setup program just for this purpose kudos to EVGA and I was ready to install XP onto my first HD Through the F feature at the beginning windows xp install this window of opportunity comes quickly after booting to CD I used my floppy disk to install RAID and SATA controllers After windows installed and desktop No Dual Boot Menu Without Cd: Simple Fix? began loading I crashed to blue screen with an error message pointing to a file named NVGTS SYS so I called my motherboard manufacturer EVGA and learned it had something to do with nvgts sys file for the SATA controller I have two Nividia Geforce GTS video cards in SLI so I took one out of my case and then booted back up and I still got the same blue screen with an error associated with nvgts sys file So I also unhooked my SATA optical DVD drive from my computer and BOOM my desktop finally loads up in Windows XP Good thing decided to buy an extra IDE optical drive when I built this system Then I decided to install Windows Vista on my RAID Stripe and it installed flawlessly I restarted I finally got what I was looking for quot Choose an operating system quot I choose quot Earlier Version of Windows quot and XP booted up just fine So now my windows XP and Vista is set up to dual boot However if I do not have the Windows System Disk placed in the optical drive when I restart my computer instead of a boot menu I get this message CLIENT MAC ADDR F BC F - - - - DHCP it was stuck here for about to minutes looking for DHCP or something then once it found the DHCP after or minutes of searching it modified the message to read this CLIENT MAC ADDR F BC F - - - - PXE-E No boot filename recieved PXEM F Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER I quickly learned that the message above only appears when there IS NO DISK IN THE OPTICAL DRIVE when rebooting In fact it doesn't matter which version of Windows installation disk I use either an XP or Visa disk is absolutely required to enter the windows dual boot menu So now my question is How do I load my windows boot menu without having to have my Windows system disk already in my CD drive

A:No Dual Boot Menu Without Cd: Simple Fix?

I figured it out! It was my hard drive boot priority in my bios. It had my raid array with windows Vista as first boot device so I switched it to my single HD that I installed XP on first. Now it loads the dual boot menu for XP and Vista without needing a windows system CD in the drive. Kudos to Rick P. aka raph on the howtogeek forums for pointing me in the right direction. Hopefully if nothing else this thread will help others having the same problem with their gaming rigs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171184/no-dual-boot-menu-without-cd-simple-fix/
Relevancy 44.72%

It was easy to make a boot floppy for my windows 98 but to make a boot
floppy or CD for XP seems very complicated. I have a XP-SP2, Pentium 4,
80 GB, 512 MB, single partitioned hard drive. I would like to find an easy way to do this. I just want to be able to boot the computer if for some reason it won't boot up.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has some advice on this...
Gary

A:Is there an easy way to make a SIMPLE BOOT CD for XP?

The easiest way is to install the Recovery Console to your hard drive.

This will save you loading the recovery console from your XPCD.

(See link below.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-an-easy-way-to-make-a-simple-boot-cd-for-xp.330488/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I've been using thinkpads since I was very young and I love them.finally I bought myself a fairly expensive thinkpad 13 and I'm having trouble with it: 1. the screen 'glitches', kinda leaves traces in black all over, until I close the window/browser etc...2. I can't get my bios to boot from a usb drive, tried every option, read through dozens of articles. the thinkpad doesn't recognize it... are there updates coming or am I just doing something wrong? thanks! any

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/thinkpad-13-boot-amp-display-trouble/td-p/3458377
Relevancy 44.29%

I have the P70 and it has two empty slots for a M.2 PCI-e 2280 SSD. If I install an ssd here, can I use it as the boot drive? Thanks.

A:Using M.2 slot as boot drive for Thinkpad P70

Absolutely. Make sure you set the correct BIOS options to properly set the boot order to include the M.2 drive before pre-existing bootable media.

______________________________________________P70, Xeon 1505 CPU, 64 GB ECC RAM 2 x PCIe NVMe 512 GB Drives, 1 TB HDD, DVD-RW, 4 K Display, NVIDIA Quadro M4000W700 model 2757-CTO (8 GB RAM, Crucial MX-100 SSD + Hitachi TravelStar 1 TB 7200 RPM Drives, Bluray R/W, NVIDIA Quadro FX3700M, WUXGA); Windows 7 Ultimate SP-1, W700 Mini-Dock

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Using-M-2-slot-as-boot-drive-for-Thinkpad-P70/td-p/3322705
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T laptop and it is very slow to boot up It has been like this for as long as I can remember so I figured I'd ask a professional about it Bootracer says it is taking around minutes to boot and it's extremely annoying So annoying that I only restart my computer once a Slow T520 Thinkpad Boot week or so I have no idea if this is a hardware issue Thinkpad T520 Slow Boot software issue or both so hopefully this is the correct forum to post in Some computer info Windows Pro SP Intel Core i - M Ghz GB DDR RAM Toshiba GB hard drive RPM GB used Here are a couple of images from my Soluto report on the starting processes Please note that this problem has been going on way since I have installed Malwarebytes which shows a second load time Any other information or test results that I can provide I'd be more than happy to I'm not sure if my RPM hard drive is slowing me down greatly or not Thank you in advance

A:Thinkpad T520 Slow Boot

Addition: It also takes a while for it to resume from hibernate. Once it finally finishes booting or resumes from hibernation, the computer works great.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/thinkpad-t520-slow-boot-807986.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My m8, asked me 2 look at his lappy cos it wont boot. I did some searching and found that the cmos battery was the most likely fault, so i bought 1 and fitted it.

Now when i boot it goes to a screen with an graphic of a floppy and appears to be asking me to press f1. I d/l the newest bios setting from ibm and have installed it but i still cant get beyond this graphic.

Can ne1 help me please?

Thanx
Paul

A:IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop wont boot

Not really sure or qualified to speak on this but I think you might have to reset the boot sequence. Hold F1 down to while rebooting to get into bios.

Edit: Check boot sequence.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-600-laptop-wont-boot.330328/
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings to all ,

The battery of the laptop is almost dead ( won't charge,the charging orange light keeps
blinking ).
What i didn't realise was that if I just take out the battery, i'll loose the config settings and date , any way after putting the old battery back in on boot it gave the 163 and 173 errors so I set the date and time after this it gave the following screen:-
0 > I
OFF ON

Now how do I select on this screen the off or the on and what does it mean?( what button do i press)

I am a desktop user and laptops are latin for me.

This laptop belongs to a friend and I was planning to buy it but after seeing all the reports regarding thinkpad 600 series batteries I have decided to return it.

I need help on sorting the boot up screen issue ?
Please

faiz

Relevancy 44.29%

Step Over the summer sent a few - Y ThinkPad x e nbsp laptops from our school district to nbsp repair for various problems nbsp Some required an in-warranty motherboard x131e PXE via can nor ThinkPad no via longer ... boot replacement Step nbsp For those laptops that ThinkPad x131e can no longer boot via PXE nor via ... received new motherboards the BIOS on the replacement motherboards nbsp installed in the repaired laptops came back updated to version the latest available released in February nbsp Nothing unusual there Step nbsp Began to try to image the machines prepping for Fall semester normally hit F at the Lenovo splash screen select PXE boot you get the usual PXE boot screen scrolling by it sees our Windows Deployment Server you hit F and you're off and imaging nbsp Step is the problem nbsp After you select apparently ANYTHING other than the hard drive from which to boot i e the NIC or for that matter an external USB drive you've plugged in the selection screen happily takes your choice and then the nbsp screen blacks out nbsp And stays there And stays there nbsp Only way out is to hard-power down the laptop nbsp This happens reliably on multiple x e systems that have all had their motherboards replaced nbsp I've checked and set every Legacy or for that matter UEFI BIOS setting I can find and I keep getting the same results nbsp I'd like to update the BIOS level to an older version just to test but I can't find any older BIOS versions on the Lenovo support site nbsp I tried updating to the same BIOS version that I can download just to check for some whacky BIOS corruption but the BIOS update routine sees I already have that same version BIOS and doesn't even give me a chance to overwrite nbsp Other Lenovo x e laptops I have like hundreds of them of the exact same model - Y that haven't had their motherboard replaced or BIOS updated still work fine along with other nbsp computer flavors from Lenovo and other manufacturers so I don't think it's my environment nbsp Anyone else having this same issue nbsp Other ideas nbsp This was escalated to Tier support at Lenovo days ago and they still haven't called me back

A:ThinkPad x131e can no longer boot via PXE nor via ...

Hi K12Guru and welcome to the community,

If you want to try an earlier bios, go here and scroll to the bottom and you will find earlier bios for your machine.

Regards,
Dave

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-x131e-can-no-longer-boot-via-PXE-nor-via-USB-drive/td-p/3414687
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an A31P loaded with XP that is totally normal, except when I try to boot up on my docking station. Has anyone out there seen this one before? I'm getting the 'NTLDR is missing. Press any key to restart.' whenever I try to boot up on the dock.

Thanks in advance.

A:Thinkpad won't boot only when on docking station

I'm thinking your NTLDR file might be corrupt.

Take a peek at this and see if you can resolve it using the fixes here:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-wont-boot-only-when-on-docking-station.237407/
Relevancy 44.29%

I changed depleted cmos battery on my thinkpad After changing batt and restarting st screen that comes up is quot Push F for boot up, IBM thinkpad screen 570, freeze Bios setup quot But when I push F to try to enter bios set-up screen goes to quot Entering Bios Setup quot but freezes right there I tried esc I tried rebooting and hitting F instead I tried a number of things NONE of which worked Thinkpad was working great before and IBM thinkpad 570, boot up, screen freeze I made a boot floppy but unfortunately I ve got an external usb floppy drive and that doesn t work in this instance I think because it is the OS that sees FDD and if you can t even get past bios then the OS isn t gonna help I have win xp home edition I also tried rebooting holding down the quot U quot key because i read that you can sometimes force pc to boot from usb device that way No go on that either Anybody have any knowledge or suggestions on this Anybody I know it has a memory the size of a postage stamp but damn I sure do like that little thinkpad Thanks for reading this nbsp

A:IBM thinkpad 570, boot up, screen freeze

Did you possibly muck something up during the cmos battery replacement procedure?

Double check your work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-570-boot-up-screen-freeze.862404/
Relevancy 44.29%

I had some bad sectors on an IBM thinkpad The computer was booting just fine I used ThinkPad Solved: Boot Ghosted Won't ghost to ghost the drive not just the partition to an image and then back onto a brand new drive Now I cannot get the new drive to boot The partition is setup just like before and is active but once I get past the IBM bios screen it just doesn t do anything If I put the Solved: Ghosted ThinkPad Won't Boot old drive in it works fine Is there something I am missing This is the first time I have used Ghost always used a bootable cd before Is there something special I have to do with Ghost Or is there anything special about a thinkpad that would give me issues On the new drive I have tried chkdsk in Solved: Ghosted ThinkPad Won't Boot another machine booted to the recovery console and did a fixboot and fixmbr both with no luck The bios sees the new drive Solved: Ghosted ThinkPad Won't Boot but just won t boot to it Any suggestions Thanks Matt IBM ThinkPad T w WinXP nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Everyone.                           I have a TP 600 and my harddisk crashed so I had to get a new one. Now I am trying to install OS onto it, but when I try to change the boot sequence from the BIOS, (pressing F1 on booting and then clicking on the Start Up option) , I am unable to change the start up sequence.I can see that HDD is alloted to the first sequence and I can see other options like CDROM etc, and when I try to select the CDROM option , it doesnt replace the HDD with CDROM as the first sequence.How do I go about this ? I have been researching for almost 2 days with no luck !!Thanks in anticipation,Alex 

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Changing the Boot Sequence in Thinkpad 600

alexmat01, welcome to the forum, You need to point the "birdie" at and click on the reset option first (right of top row), this will clear the current boot order. You can then click on the drives in the order you want them to be in the new boot order. i.e. the first drive you click on will be moved into pos. 1, the second into pos. 2 and so on.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Changing-the-Boot-Sequence-in-Thinkpad-600/td-p/52925
Relevancy 44.29%

I have had the thinkpad S1 yoage for around a year and a half. 5 days after the warranty ran out the laptop decided that it didn't want to boot up or charge anymore. After a few days of checking cable connections and trying different methods that I read online I managed to get it up and running again. Now half a year later the same problem has happened again except this time I have spent weeks trying to repair it. Does anybody know how to fix this? I dont get any beeping sounds from the motherboard just the power indicator flashes 3 times. I have tried different chargers as well, nothing has worked so far

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-S1-yoga-won-t-boot-or-charge/td-p/3352644
Relevancy 44.29%

After pressing power button, charge light blinks 3 times, stops for 1 second, blinks one more time, then  nothing.I have replaced the battery and charger, with the same results.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T420-will-not-start-to-boot/td-p/3447207
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello nbsp Sorry for the following long post but I want to mention every point that might be important concerning my problem nbsp Preliminary note I can't really affort to buy a new laptop right now and I need one quite urgently for a continuing education which starts this week So I soon need to know how to proceed - whether I actually need a new laptop or can continue to use my current one nbsp About months ago my Laptop Thinkpad X with Windows suddenly stopped after a normal boot short after Windows was running - maybe because of a power issue or a memory failure I'm not sure what really problems Thinkpad rec... X220 and is boot with in "ME caused it Several trials to boot it again failed A few days later after I had removed and reconnected most parts or times including the CMOS battary the laptop finally started up But the next time after a regular shutdown it again didn'st start up I disconnected the CMOS battary again and and started up the laptop Then I put it to sleep only but again couldn't start it normally I tried the same with Hibernate without success However a direct restart from within Windows always worked without any problem nbsp Before trying anything more I downloaded and ran Thinkpad X220 with boot problems and "ME is in rec... the Lenovo Quick Test software Diagnostic Tool At first I ran it online where no error turned out Then I ran it two times offline with a USB stick by chosing the full test The results didn't show any specific indication of a hardware failure During the first full run the WLAN test failed and during the second test one of the harddisk tests timed out nbsp After the next successful full startup of the laptop I investigated on the ME is in recovery state error which had shown up at every boot since I disassembled the laptop Google didn't find a lot of promising results but at least nbsp this post gave me some hope I downgraded the bios and indeed the error didn't appear again From then on I could startup my laptop normally several times during about - weeks with intervals of a few days I hoped that the problem was permanently solved But then I didn't use the laptop for about weeks disconnected from the power cord Last week the laptop again didn't start up when I wanted to use it in the office I postponed any troubleshooting because I noticed that there was an unusual gap below the arrow keys and I didn't have any screwdriver with me nbsp Finally today I tested it again I first removed the akku opened the back cover and disconnected the keyboard and the mouse pad part but I didn't disconnect the CMOS battary I put everything back together connected the laptop to nbsp the docking station Then I turned it on but it still didn't start I just disconnected and reconnected it about times from to the docking station The reason I tried that is because since the first startup issue I always noticed that the battery light doesn't stay lit when the power cord is connected but the laptop nbsp turned off as far as I know it should remain lit in that case The next startup was successful However the already known ME is in recovery state error showed up again nbsp Now I don't know what to do anymore Should I buy a new CMOS battary like someone mentioned in the above post Or should I instead replace the RAM or even a the mainboard I hope someone can help me what I shall do next nbsp As mentioned above I'd prefer not having to buy a new laptop due to financial reasons However maybe it's in the end still better than spending a lot of money for replacement parts before finally coming to the conclusion that my laptop won't run anymore without trouble

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X220-with-boot-problems-and-quot-ME-is-in-recovery/td-p/3465306
Relevancy 44.29%

So I have a few SP3 machine that give the lovely gdi32.dll blue screen on boot. I can solve it by booting an XP disk and going into recovery mode to copy a new gdi32.dll over the old one, but I was thinking since I am going to be seeing alot of SP3 updates, and a good deal have errored out already, it'd be cool to automate the fix just a little to save some time. Time adds up when you have to let the Windows CD boot up, and then type out the file paths for copying the file, etc.

Is there a way to run a batch file from a bootable CD or USB drive? I want to boot up, run the bat, restart. Seems like it'd be a very fast and very easy solution. I just don't know how to do that.

A:Simple boot CD\USB that runs a batch file

Go to sysresccd.com
read the documentation on how to make a bootable usb drive.
follow there directions.
Pop your windows xp installer disk into a computer and also plug in your usb device. Click start > My Computer > right click cdrom drive > click explore > search > type gdi32.dll > click the file in your search results > click edit on the toolbar > click copy. copy it to the root of your usb drive. open notepad. type xcopy (what ever the drive letter is when you plug it into the computer that you will use it on)\gdi32.dll c:\(wherever you normally place the file on your computer).
Make sure all of this is on one line or it won't work.
Save this as fix.bat. Make sure the view is set to All Files.
Then move this .bat file to the root of the usb drive.
Now when you plug it into the computer that needs to be fixed ant boot from it it will display that you are using the system rescue cd. then at the command line (make sure you are at the root of the drive if not type cd (type the root)then hit enter)type fix.bat then press enter.
that should copy the file. If it says there is already a file with that name at this location then post that you need more help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simple-boot-cd-usb-that-runs-a-batch-file.721122/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I just bought an L460 Thinkpad (14", 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SDD, core i5 6200U) without an OS, under a certain scheme for students and academics. I'm trying to install a Linux distro via USB. However, after pressing F12 and entering the Boot Menu, when I select USB HDD and press Enter, the Boot Menu prompt reappears. Making a selection here does not seem to have any effect, and thus I'm unable to boot from USB. Startup settings in BIOS: Legacy Only, CSM [Yes]. Would be grateful if someone could give some pointers as to how to proceed. Thanks,

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-04 at 1055 copy.png ?1882 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/Lenovo-Thinkpad-L460-without-OS-Boot-Menu-keeps-re-appearing/td-p/3472991
Relevancy 43.86%

We have 10+ Lenovo Thinkpad E560's in the company that will not boot with dock attached. I have updated the dock software, the bios, all windows updates are installed. I have check the event logs and there is nothing there indicating an error. I have gone through the BIOS settings to change boot order to HDD first instead of PXE. All Laptops are running Windows 10 64bit. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Thinkpad-E560-will-not-boot-with-OneLink-Pro-Dock-attached/td-p/3381493
Relevancy 43.86%

My X240 is no longer able to boot to Windows 7 after the Bios upgrade. It appears that the legacy boot option no longer works. The UEFI bios appears to work but when the laptop is set to legacy mode, I cannot load the operating system, reinstall the operating system or do anything besides use the Bios screen.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-Notebooks-Freezing-At-Boot-Up-After-Upgrading-BIOS/td-p/3434911
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I was wondering if any of Carbon X1 Failure Help! Thinkpad Boot Secure you might be able to help me Today I opened my laptop and saw a message that read Secure Boot Image failed to verify with ACCESS DENIED Press any key to continue nbsp I can enter BIOS w F when I press the power key but that seems to be the only place I can go and most of the options are grayed out It won't let me disable secure boot It won't allow me to enter an administrator password It is enabled but pressing enter gets me in nbsp Option is grayed out nbsp F does Help! Thinkpad X1 Carbon Secure Boot Failure nothing at all nbsp There is no USB external harddrive CD or DVD involved nbsp I pressed F on startup in an attempt to restore the system but all I'm able to get is a stationary white cursor line in the upper left corner of a blank screen Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp Background My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad X Carbon and I was running Windows until the free Windows upgrade came out a few months ago I haven't installed anything in a while except Windows and Lenovo updates I've had a bit of a heating issue so eight days ago I replaced the thermal paste The machine's been running much cooler but I've been experiencing random hibernations--usually once every hrs or so but occasionally two in min A few of those times I had a message that said something about my battery not being detected and this happened both when the computer was plugged in and when it wasn't It still charged like normal

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Help-Thinkpad-X1-Carbon-Secure-Boot-Failure/td-p/3307340
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a thinkpad e no cd drive no floppy Win se is currently installed but I need to upgrade to at least win k for the usb support Set up in windows or dos goes fine but once I reboot NTLDR is missing blah blah If I put the drive into any other computer it boots the setup just fine but it refuses to boot into the windows bootmanager on the thinkpad Thinkpad boot win2k/winxp refuses to Obviously if win is there its still using Thinkpad refuses to boot win2k/winxp Fat The only way I have access to the drive on a desktop is via a to hdd converter I bought off ebay for a dollar Both win k and winxp give me this error and if I go and quot sys C quot on a win bootdisk on the desktop and return the drive to the thinkpad win boots again Ive been trying this stuff for a week now with no luck I can t afford to buy the ultrabase even though they re relatively cheap or any sort of IBM external drives so that is not an option for me I will answer any sort of questions as I am able which should be most if not all questions Thanks and hopefully we can solve this together and yes I did attempt a search with no luck on here first nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I am trying to disable UEFI Secure Boot on my Thinkpad Yoga S but it keeps getting re-enabled after a reboot If I set secure boot to disabled I can boot into the non secure OSes installed on the machine imediately afterwards but if the machine is restarted the Secure Boot seting in the BIOS is re-enabled nbsp It's important for me to have secure boot disabled as I use OSes without secure boot nbsp I try to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS on the following screen nbsp Link to image nbsp But if I re-enter the BIOS either after booting into an OS or simply re-entering the BIOS Secure Boot is back on nbsp Link to image nbsp I have also tried to on Boot Secure S1 Yoga Thinkpad Disabling disable OS Optimzed Defaults but it also returns to enabled after a restart nbsp Link to image nbsp Some of the other BIOS settings save correctly so I can't Disabling Secure Boot on Thinkpad Yoga S1 figure out why the secure boot settings don't The BIOS version I have is the latest nbsp Any ideas what I'm doing wrong It's inconvenient to manually disable secure boot each time I want to use the laptop The two operating systems Ubuntu and Android x do work reasonably well once booted nbsp Thanks nbsp Juan nbsp Moderator note large image s converted to link s nbsp About Posting Pictures In The Forums Solved Go to Solution

A:Disabling Secure Boot on Thinkpad Yoga S1

I'm having the same issue. I've experienced this with 4 brand new yogas. I will enter bios, disable secure boot, enable legacy pxe and upon reboot the changes are lost. I'm saving changes and exiting.  Resetting user mode options, saving changes and not exiting, those have inconsistently allowed me to keep my changes long enough so i can legacy boot. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Disabling-Secure-Boot-on-Thinkpad-Yoga-S1/td-p/1794341
Relevancy 43.86%

My sister has a IBM Thinkpad 600 which has been dead for sometime now and I thought I'd look at it while I have some time on my hands.

I fully charged the battery as it was dead and tried starting up the laptop but nothing happens. It simply churps with nothing being displayed on the screen and can't hear anything from the HD.

So decided to replace the HD with a new one, which I did tonight and still nothing. I get the churp sound and thats it.

Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem might be or even better, where to start to diagnose what the issue is?

I can't even tell the laptop to start up on another drive. It's just simply dead.

Any help is much appreciated.

A:Trying to repair sisters Thinkpad 600...Won't even boot up...Is it dead?

Anyone? Please...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-repair-sisters-thinkpad-600-wont-even-boot-up-is-it-dead.43840/
Relevancy 43.86%

When I turn it on it goes to a black screen with only the cursor blinking in the top left corner. I can't do safe mode, nothing. It's stuck in this mode. The only think I can access is the IBM Access button and that does no good.

A:Thinkpad won't boot Win XP. Black w/cursor in top left only..Help!

Many things can cause this condition and some are specific to each manufacturer and model, I suggest going to the Lenovo website to look for answers for that particular model.

Some basics

1. This issue may occur if you have a CD, a DVD disk in your CD, DVD, or USB device plugged in when you start the computer.
2. If USB in the bios is set to be bootable, disable it.

Did you install any drivers or software recently??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-wont-boot-win-xp-black-w-cursor-in-top-left-only-help.785781/
Relevancy 43.86%

Was recently given a ThinkPad but it's locked on boot. Get two icons, and nothing more. Any ideas how I can unlock the computer without dismantling it?

A:Lenovo Thinkpad locked sign on boot

Are you saying that the computer is stuck at the startup screen?  Or is it asking for a password?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592417/lenovo-thinkpad-locked-sign-on-boot/
Relevancy 43.86%

My year-and-a-half old T450s stopped booting up. Yesterday I was prompted for a Windows update and restarted the machine, as usual. After the update, I'm able to turn it on but it wont boot up. It shows the initial screen, with the "Lenovo" logo and won't proceed beyond.I tried taking out one battery and then holding the on/off button for 30 seconds, and also the emergency reset on the bottom, but neither changed anything. It simply won't go beyond the initial screen. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.   

A:ThinkPad T450s won't boot up after a Windows updat...

I think you are experiencing the same issue I have. If you notice after the Lenovo boot logo the display still stays on its just black, what it appears to be for me is a video failure after trying to update to windows 10 anniversary update. Try plugging in an external monitor and see if you get display, I did in my case.  Remove your hard drive and restart the PC, this should get the bios working again, go into your bios and disable secure boot so you can boot to a USB. Create a bootable USB 3.0 using a USB3.0 drive (formatted to NTFS) from Microsoft's site - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ Then goto repair my computer and choose rollback update, this will get you running again.  I have a p50 with Nvidia M1000M dedicated graphics, so I am still trying to figure out if this is a driver issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/ThinkPad-T450s-won-t-boot-up-after-a-Windows-update/td-p/3413503
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,I have one ThinkPad E330 (latest BIOS), Windows 8.1  that behaves very strange: 1. If I perform a console shutdown, at next reboot starts booting sequence from HDD (this is BIOS Boot order)2. If I perform a remote shutdown (using "shutdown.exe -s -t 1" command from an RDP session) then at next boot the boot process starts Intel PXE boot and crash because there is a boot server in the network for some special ARM devices that delivers an non compatible image to the ThinkPad architecture... What is wrong with the E330 - it simply does not respect the BIOS settings after remote shutdown.How can I make it respect the BIOS settings even when I perform a remote shutdown? BIOS version: H3ET76WW(1.13) 2016-04-15Model: Edge E330 (ThinkPad) - Type 3354Windows: 8.1 Pro N, [Version 6.3.9600]LAN: Realtek PCIe GBE

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Thinkpad-E330-starts-with-PXE-Boot-after-remote-shutdown/td-p/3447109
Relevancy 43.86%

I've installed windows 10 for the 4th time in this last year and every time I install it there is some sort of problem. I thought I'd give it a go again today almost a year after its release and now I am stuck in a boot loop.  I updated from Windows 7 64 bit but now I can't get passed the windows loading screen before it restarts again. I can't access any of my files. Could someone please help me!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T440P-windows-10-Boot-loop/td-p/3325430
Relevancy 43.86%

I am trying to boot from an external esata hdd through an esata express card. I can set the boot priority to ata hdd2 however it will not boot from it because it does not list my hdd id next to it. HDD 1 internal does however, show the hdd id next to it and obviously has no problem booting from it.

A:Boot external esata HDD from Thinkpad x200

What exactly are you trying to boot from the eSata HD ? Which OS ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/155581-boot-external-esata-hdd-thinkpad-x200.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello!Sometimes after turn on my Lenovo Thinkpad P70 Workstation Notebook, it stops booting by the Lenovo red logo. See the picture!The Problem was 2 times since i have this great laptop. The Thinkpad P70 is a very good laptop, but this problem makes me think.The solution for me was to shut down the laptop (by pressing the on/off button - so the P70 starts new and the problem was solved.)The System is drivers are on current version. System is Windows 10 Professional.Whats the reason of this issue? Can anyone help? Sorry for my bad englisch!

IMG_6050.JPG ?1973 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P70-hangs-on-red-Lenovo-Boot-Logo-after-turn-on-HDD/td-p/3465216
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Thinkpad T21 with Windows XP SP2. The issue is that when I startup the laptop, during the Windows XP loading screen (the wone right before the login screen), the system becomes unresponsive. The wireless PCI card goes on and the Caps Lock and Num Lock lights blink, then everything hangs.

I am able to get to Safe Mode, and have disabled all startup items. Also disabled as many services as possible. We did a reformat and the same issue has occurred after reinstalling some software. I did suspect that this may be a driver issue, but I checked the Device Manager and did not find any issues with any of the devices. Note I also removed the PCI card from the system.

I suspect that this may be a driver or service issue. I am not exactly sure any there are too many places to look.

Anyone have any recommendations? Thank you.
-christen25

Relevancy 43.86%

So I just purchased a refurbished Thinkpad Yoga, and all was great for a little while. Then I decided to shut it down and set it aside for a few minutes. After coming back, it now refuses to even POST. I tried every power cycle I could think of, in various combinations, and browsed several forums. In the end I found no functional solution. Current Status: System responds in no way other than the 'i' light (in the Thinkpad logo) blinking three times when the charger is connected, or the same when the reset button is pressed while the charger is still connected. Nothing else illicits any sort of beep, light, or otherwise. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks and regards.

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Thinkpad S1 Yoga - Won't boot, only blinks light t...

I have a feeling you had opened up the back cover to fiddle around with the components (be it a change of SSD or the 3g/4g modem). the symptoms you described sounds exactly like a disconnect MB cable. you can try to open up the back cover, and around the left side, you will see a cable labelled "MB". secure it properly, and the computer should be responsive now.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-S1-Yoga-Won-t-boot-only-blinks-light-three-times/td-p/1793359
Relevancy 43.86%

The ads I see on Amazon etc say that there is more than one fan type for a T and be sure to get the one that fits your machine nbsp How to make the match nbsp My T is a Type - U according to a sticker on its bottom nbsp At https support lenovo com us en documents migr- I find a table that maps these computer types to model numbers of parts including fan assemblies nbsp It lists Fan assembly integrated M and M as suitable for type - x but by omission it implies that Fan assembly discrete M and T410? fit What replacement fan will my M are not suitable to type - x nbsp I assume that in that type code x is a variable so - U is a member of that type nbsp Ah nbsp I just learned at nbsp https support lenovo com us en What replacement fan will fit my T410? documents migr- that the two different fan assemblies are for integrated graphics and discrete graphics models respectively - their heat sink components are quite different nbsp Ah again nbsp From pix on Amazon I infer that the two integrated assemblies have slightly different heat sinks but both are for integrated graphics nbsp The M is shown here nbsp https www amazon com Genuine-IBM-Thinkpad-Cooling-Heatsink dp B MTWDB E and the M is here https www amazon com IBM-Original-Thinkpad- M -Assembly dp B QWCTLG nbsp From this I want to conclude that if I get a model M or M I'm cool nbsp Is that right nbsp Also it's possible and much cheaper to buy a fan without buying the heat sink assembly as well nbsp Anybody know which fan models fit into the Fan assembly integrated nbsp Thanks in advance Ken

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/What-replacement-fan-will-fit-my-T410/td-p/3485013
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all I T410 bios mod bug have flashed a WL-free BIOS from Serg to my T -DA I had the latest factory BIOS before Flash was successful i disabled the TPM because the beeps at startup Then i realized that i cannot read CPU speed from the OS Ubuntu and the battery isn't charging I can see on the indicator when it is T410 mod bios bug inserted or not but no charging T410 mod bios bug I installed TLP started a calibration but it only discharged the battery and charging is not working Or if it is working BIOS does not see what charging circuit is doing EC ROM is in addition I tried to flash factory BIOS but it cannot be done with battery I'm afraid to flash FL and FL as i have two FL files extracted from factory flash Have someone seen a bug like this before Can someone tell me how to flash FL and two FL 's and PAT files with Winphlash Or force the boot CD image to update I ned to revert the factory BIOS to check that the charging circuit is OK nbsp Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-mod-bios-bug/td-p/3333150
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,  We have HP Zero Clients (T410) and are connection to an Windows 2012 server.When i look in the admin guide it saysthat USB redirection to windows 2012 and Windows 8 is supported.  I have enable USB redirection in the zero client. But when i connect an USB device to the zeroclient is isnt viable in my RDP7 connection to the server. Do i have to edit some policys on the server or do i need software ?  Kind regards,   Hans Vos

A:T410 - USB redirection

Im having a simaller problem with my Windows server 2008, using the T410 as well. I can get thumb drives to redirect, but i cant get SD card readers. Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T410-USB-redirection/td-p/5081714
Relevancy 43.43%

After updating Onelink Pro Dock to firmware version 2.30.000, system boot is no longer possible with closed lid.Opening lid after starting boot doesn't help, only way out seems to be an emergency power off.Booting system with open lid works fine, even when closing lid before logon.System is Thinkpad Yoga 15 running Windows 10 Pro.Thinkpad Onelink Pro Dock driver is 1.08.36Setting Boot Time Extension in BIOS doesn't help anyProblem didn't show up before firmware update.Any suggestions?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Onelink-Pro-Dock-Thinkpad-Yoga-15-boot-freezing/td-p/3346295
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an IBM Thinkpad 390E, Windows NT 4.0. It was working great, but a week ago, I turned it on I receive this message:

Operating System not found

I run the BIOS utility but it doesn't recognize the hard drive.

Help me, please...

------------------
Coco computers - From Loiza to the world...

A:{Moved from NT/2000 Forum} - IBM Thinkpad not responding at boot

Check the easy things first. Did you check to see if the hard drive is still connected properly? It might have got bumped and the connector/hard drive got loose or something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-from-nt-2000-forum-ibm-thinkpad-not-responding-at-boot.33260/