Windows Support Forum

Hdx 9300 black screen and hdmi black

Q: Hdx 9300 black screen and hdmi black

Hello guys, maybe somebody had the same problem, my friend has a hp hdx 9300 was working fine the all of a sudden the laptop switched off and when rebooted the screen is completly black, tried an external vga, its black, tried an external hdmi and its all black. We can hear the hd working, dvd running.... all lights are ok, tried everything in the trouble shooting of hp web site ... nothing. Anybody can give us a hand?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hdx-9300-black-screen-and-hdmi-black/td-p/5677626
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hdx 9300 black screen and hdmi black

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 88.58%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi
So i today i switched from VGA to HDMI now everything is set fine the sceen looks way better than what i had on VGA but every 5min or 10 the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds then returns any ideas ?
thanks

A:Black Screen every 10minutes after using HDMI

firstly id try another hdmi cable!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333181-black-screen-every-10minutes-after-using-hdmi.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi all Toshiba Satellite U - Windows Vista Home Premium Intel Core TM Duo CPU T GHz RAM GB Display Adapter Mobile Intel R series Express Chipset Family Stage Laptop connected to Panasonic LCD quot with HDMI cable Both LCD screen and laptop monitor diplay correctly Able to change display settings and control cursor at laptop Everything is working fine Stage two weeks later When HDMI cable is connected Laptop screen goes black but the LCD screen works fine and the cursor appears on the LCD and can be controlled by the laptop Stage two more weeks later When HDMI cable is connected Laptop to when HDMI TV via connected Black screen laptop screen goes black LCD screen is blank no cursor visible I right click laptop screen go to Graphic Properties gt Display settings and try and change the Operating Mode from Single display to Two Primary Device LCD But these choices are not available Black screen when laptop connected to TV via HDMI I go to Control Panel gt Personalization gt Display Settings Drop-down menu shows Generic PnPMonitor on Mobile Intel R series Express Chipset Family Select down arrow Default Monitor on Mobile Intel R series Express Chipset Family appears Connected HDMI cable and try again I have two Black Screens Have tried restarting comp then TV and vice versa before and after connecting HDMI cable but nothing works all other independent operations on the laptop and the TV work perfectly well Yelp help please TIA Mukund PS I did not post correctly so I am doing it again lest I get no responses Sorry about that

A:Black screen when laptop connected to TV via HDMI

Hello, Do you have another HDMI cable to try , if not, do you have a VGA cable to use ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294994-black-screen-when-laptop-connected-tv-via-hdmi.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi everyone!

Recently I bought a new Full HD TV, it's a Samsung LE40B530. I'm trying to get this TV connected to my Compaq Presario CQ50-100ED laptop from hdmi output to the hdmi input on the TV. The videocard is a GForce 8200M. The latest drivers are installed.

The problem is that when I connect the two, the laptop screen goed black and the TV says 'No signal.' Pressing the FN F4 does not work. Also I'm not able to get back into vista on the laptop. The screen stays black even after unplugging the HDMI cable. I have to hold the power button to switch the laptop off. Not a good thing.

Any tips or advice?

Thanks!

A:Black screen after plugging in HDMI cable

More info, are you using the right input screen on your Samsung? Why a laptop? Does anyone use a tower computer anymore??

http://www.vistax64.com/software/270354-black-screen-after-plugging-hdmi-cable.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I have a Sony Vaio T-series laptop model SVT CXS running windows As of yesterday the touch TV + OK, SCREEN BLACK to (power OK, fan LAPTOP HDMI OK) screen screen is black it doesn't display anything Laptop powers on lights are on fan makes noise etc I was able to plug an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and I am able to use the laptop using my TV screen laptop screen is still black but displays on TV works And the odd twist this is a touch screen laptop so I am able to touch my laptop screen and it makes clicks and moves cursor on my TV for some reason the track pad doesn't work while its on TV LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN (power + fan OK, HDMI to TV OK, touch screen OK) display though Any help would be greatly appreciated If you can give me steps into diagnosing the problem that'd be great I live in a small college town and there is only one computer repair shop and since it's a monopoly he rips people off Charges for a diagnostic if you get it fixed it goes towards the repair if not it's Charged my friend for macbook charger and it wasn't even an genuine Apple product

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588827/laptop-black-screen-power-fan-ok-hdmi-to-tv-ok-touch-screen-ok/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey guys.. so I connected my other SA350 monitor from my other broken computer to my main one, and it shows a black screen. They're the same monitors, and the power to both are on. I'm on Extended, the other monitor's input is HDMI and the output port on the computer is DVI (Amazon Basics). Main monitor is VGA to VGA. What should I do? Updated system specs for your convenience.

A:Second monitor connected by HDMI to DVI shows black screen

Solved. Sorry, it seems the monitor is just Pfftt. It's dead, and it's going to the Samsung Service Center ASAP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306479-second-monitor-connected-hdmi-dvi-shows-black-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I just got my Thinkpad P k with Nvidia Quadro M M graphics this week running Windows Pro I have run into a lot of issues regarding HDMI output - switching to discrete graphics disables the HDMI Output HDMI and Screen Issues Black Thinkpad P70 output and i can no Thinkpad P70 Black Screen and HDMI Output Issues longer change the resolution or scaling nor does the Nvidia Control Panel show up nbsp In mixed graphics mode the HDMI output works and Thinkpad P70 Black Screen and HDMI Output Issues i can change the resolution nbsp but after waking from sleep the image only shows on the external HD display connected over HDMI I have to disconnect the HDMI cable to get video on the laptop screen and the reconnect it to get video on both screens I suspect that the Intel Graphics runs the Laptop Screen in mixed graphics mode in the Nvidia Control Panel I can only control the external display nbsp nbsp I am running the latest BIOS and updated the Nvidia Drivers directly from NVIDIA nbsp nbsp On another note I also had a black screen issue after updating the BIOS to no idea what version came installed everytime i rebooted and had to disconnect the Bios Battery twice but that somehow got resolved after taking out a SD card from the Card Reader nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P70-Black-Screen-and-HDMI-Output-Issues/td-p/3347800
Relevancy 83.42%

"For Dim display issue if you use a flash light and point it on the screen you'll actually see the screen behind....And for display cable failure there will be no display or blurry..lines etc.."IF this is true, when flashing the light on the black screen, I was able to see it, although it was very dim, So, what do i need to do in order to fix the screen?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-2000-Notebook-PC-black-screen-but-HDMI-works-on-TV/td-p/5674189
Relevancy 83.42%

The problem started as a HDMI-cable was plugged into my running Satellite T - E and the screen was closed down From that point the notebook screen stopped working When booting the perfectly Satellite -Black T130 works HDMI screen- windows start-up logo is on for a couple of seconds and just before the entering the desktop the cursor is visible on the screen But except from these short moments there is no action on the notebooks screen When I reinstalled the driver to the graphic card there was some short moments less than sec when the screen was active Satellite T130 -Black screen- HDMI works perfectly I can use the notebook without any problems via HDMI to my TV And Satellite T130 -Black screen- HDMI works perfectly when I adjust the screens brightness FN F F the black screen can get more back-lighted When I turn off the HDMI-output or plugs it out - nothing happens on the notebooks screen Can some of you please try to help me out as I really need my notebook to work normal Satellite T130 -Black screen- HDMI works perfectly again If you can help me sort out this problem I'll be very grateful- Kind Regards Jacob Lindberg

A:Satellite T130 -Black screen- HDMI works perfectly

Hello Jacob

Start your notebook with HDMI cable and wait until windows is fully loaded. When you see the desktop on the TV use FN+F5 key combination and switch to the LCD back.

Can you do this?
Does it work?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66903-Satellite-T130-Black-screen-HDMI-works-perfectly
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

My laptop's screen goes black when I connect it to the TV via a HDMI cable, however this is completely new as it used to work fine. I can still watch things on my TV but I have to look at the TV screen where text comes up quite small and it makes it hard to do stuff, so I was wondering if anyone would know why my laptop's decided to start doing this, and how I can get it back to both screens working at once? The volume and everything else works ok, it's just a bit annoying is all!

I have Windows Vista Home Edition, not sure of the details, but I got it just when Vista first came out.

Thanks!

A:Help needed: Laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is connected

do you have your drivers set to "clone mode" in your CP? (the bit where you set up multiple displays

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275803-help-needed-laptop-screen-goes-black-when-hdmi-cable-connected.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Confused - help!
I get black screen when booting right after splash-screen w. Windows 7 (64-bit sys. in dual boot w. XP-SP3) - but the problem is only there when i have a HDMI-cable attached to the HD4670 card (with or WO my Samsung PS50C7700 hooked up at the other end of the HDMI-cable?).
With no HDMI attached to the grafics-card Windows 7 boots fine!
(EIZO-monitor S2110W on DVI all the time).

So no HDMI in Windows 7 - or what?!?

I have the HD4670 card running on the exact same hardware in Win XP-SP3 (same machine, dual boot) - and it's working just fine in XP-SP3 (WO sound on HDMI though...). What is this all about - pls help :}

System:
Asus P5Q-Pro (BIOS v. 1613), Intel E8400/3Ghz, 8 GB OCZ PC-6400 DDR-2, Sapphire ULTIMATE HD4670 (512 GDDR-3) w. Catalyst 12.2, Windows 7 Home Premium (dual boot w. XP-SP3 on separate HD's). RAID-enabled system w. 1 GB RAID-1 storage attached.

A:HDMI on HD4670/Win7-64 = Black Screen on Start-Up! (works on XP-SP3?)

Had exactly the same problem.

I did two things to fix; First I lowered the resolution to 1280x1024 and it worked, but that drove me crazy, so I bought a Intel card with 1gb of video memory, which I'm told is the minimum one should use if one wishes to use HDMI HD 1920x1080. It probably would have worked fine with an ATI as well, but with at least 1gb of RAM.

The card I bought was a Gigabyte GTX 450 and I might have been able to go lower, but since it was only $90 I figured it was worth it.

If you have a card with 1gb perhaps you could give that a try, or try lowering the resolution and (maybe), color depth.

The machine in question was Windows Server 2008 R2, but hey, it's essentially the same as windows 7.

Just my 2 cents worth.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/219254-hdmi-hd4670-win7-64-black-screen-start-up-works-xp-sp3.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello So on my computer something strange happens when I uninstall UxStyle It Black Post-Windows Flashing Black Screen Update UxStyle has broken my Windows install once and it has done it again The UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen first time I kept on doing system restores to see what was the problem that made that black screen After trial and error I narrowed it down to UxStyle So I deleted Windows and installed Windows which is what I wanted in the first place Now I decided to triple-boot Windows with Vista and and it has succeeded I reinstalled UxStyle thinking it was just a problem with my old Windows install and then uninstalled it after a few days since I felt like the regular look was better I rebooted Windows and the same effect happened So I would like to know if I can get and replace those three patched DLLs with unpatched DLLs for Windows Could I just change the broken ones to have old next to them and then place the ones I get here there Also would sfc scannow work

A:UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen

Hello lct01a, and welcome to Eight Forums.

A sfc /scannow will attempt to repair any modified or corrupted system files, so that would be a good first step.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/47244-uxstyle-black-flashing-post-windows-update-black-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Bit of a long story but here I go I have Radeon with the crossfire thing set up it s been working well for over years Over the last few weeks I ve been having issues mostly while watching videos usually HD and AMD white/low 6950 Radeon problems screen/black (black and resolution) or full screen The video will freeze the audio will loop then eventually the screen goes black and I get an error message saying quot Display driver AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) has stopped working AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) and has recovered quot Sometimes it didn t recover and I have to turn the computer off What s now happening is it will freeze at the windows start up Then after resetting I will get to windows in very very low resolution and in black and white So I re-seated the cards I couldn t notice any obvious damage to it except the fans were very dusty so I cleaned them Boot it up and I still get the black and white I checked the device manager and it said one of the cards was having problems I uninstalled both drivers from that menu not quite sure if I should have done this and for whatever reason it s now working However it now seems one of my cards is not being recognised Only one display adapter is shown in the device manager and AMD catalyst only recognises one card too What s the best course of action to determine what s wrong with what card still not quite sure which one it is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-radeon-6950-problems-black-screen-black-and-white-low-resolution.1116301/
Relevancy 77.83%

i believe virus deleted a system 32 exe file it is a confident guess. I have a true black screen nothing at all comes up doesn't load anything no hot keys work. windows 7 hp laptop I need to know if I can get into bios if f keys don't work, cd repair disk don't work. what can I do power button and wifi button lights up on keyboard and fans are running but black screen no response. it is not a graphic card problem not a hardware problem at all. please help

A:Black Screen of Death true black no keys work at all!!!HELP

Do you see the bios splash screen?
Did you ever enter BIOS before, so you know how to do it?
Do you see the win7 animated welcome screen (prior to logon)?
------
cd repair disc .... you mean this? System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329399-black-screen-death-true-black-no-keys-work-all-help.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello there So as the title says I'm having some problems with my computer I bought it about weeks ago Goes Stays Black BlueScreen MMO's. and playing Screen Black, Restarts and no issues with it other than when I try to play an MMO that would make the graphics card work The graphics card that is installed in the computer was separately bought and installed so I'm thinking it might be conflict issues with the card but I don't know The way it happens is I run the games I can play for anything from a minute to mins and then my screen says it has disconnected from the image goes black and I can hear my computer restart but my screen stays black I have to manually power off and back on for my screen to start showing images again Once restarted i get the quot Problem Event Name Bluescreen quot thing It's really annoying since I just bought GW and I can't play properly any help would be appreciated Also in the Action Center it's said that my Nvidia Graphics Card has stopped working or crashed multiple times naming the exact times my computer crashed which is why I believe it has to do with my card

A:BlueScreen playing MMO's. Screen Goes Black, Restarts and Stays Black

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800cf0e010, fffff88010aee630, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ade630 )

Code:
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 02 19:21:13 2012 (506B3099)
Follow these steps:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Overclocking -
I recommend if you are overclocking any hardware, that you reset these values within the BIOS to their default values in order to increase the stability of your system.

Please run the following tests for your graphics card and RAM:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Graphics Card:Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Read all the steps within the hardware test tutorials very carefully, as stress tests is designed run components to their maximum capacity, in order to point out failing or faulty hardware components.

Use the following program to monitor your hardware temperatures during the stress test:CPUID HWMonitor
Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Please check for the latest driver updates (may have to install a older driver) for your graphics card on the manufacturer's website, and check for any driver compatibility issues with:Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows
If you are using DirectX, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the DirectX API:How to download and install DirectX

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265537-bluescreen-playing-mmos-screen-goes-black-restarts-stays-black.html
Relevancy 76.97%

When i press the power button evrythings looks ok all fans starts the led on my keyboard flashes but the flashing led on my screen that indicate that it s sleeping does nt stop flashing which mean it does nt receive any information When i press restart it often solve the problem and my screen computer starts perfectly I JUST INSTALLED A BRAND NEW POWER SUPPLY hight quality the problem still there If someone know how to get a log file that would help me to determin the problem - you BLACK!!!(black know PITCH i mean?) screen press you when power what Does reseting de cmos could solve sumtin - To reset cmos i need to remove the bateri for PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?) about second - does a poor batery could make such problems - I need hlp Or if someone have already experienced that problem and could tell me what you did to solve the problem i just baught a power supply antec but i didnt solve anything my d card is brand new and my cable looks fine but who knows pls HLP ME information about this error must be written in some log files Thanks for replies nbsp

A:PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pitch-black-black-screen-when-you-press-power-you-know-what-i-mean.421322/
Relevancy 76.97%

A black dot 1" in diameter and some black smears have appeared on the bottom right corner of my screen. I believe whatever page I have up is ok behind it. And I think it is getting bigger. Monitor is a Dell 19 " Analog Flat Panel. Maybe it is finished.

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have this year old Lenovo Y config below The discrete graphic card has In WIN Screen Mode POST During , Screen Safe Even Black 7 Black probably fried a long time ago so last year when I did a clean install of Windows I had to disable ATI Card permanently in the device manager using safe mode Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode and used the Intel integrated card A few days ago I booted up windows only to encounter quot A disk read error has occurred press ctrl alt del to restart quot I tried to boot up using WIN install disc but soon after the Starting Windows logo the screen Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode turns black and I am left with a cursor in a black screen I tried to boot into Safe Mode but still I encountered a black screen with just the cursor I booted with Ubuntu live usb and was able to access all my partition and did back up and even formatted the Windows Partition I tried to boot using a WinPe and faced the Black screen with a cursor again I even reset BIOS to default changed Graphics Adapter from quot Discrete' to quot Switchable' and vice-versa but no effect at all When I boot up using Ubuntu and ran lspci grep VGA I can see both cards listed I even tried to boot up using Windows preview disk still I get a black screen after the Windows loading screen I can't afford to buy any laptop presently since I am currently at college so using Ubuntu for now Is ther any way to install Windows again Is it possible to get the ATI Card working properly- reballing reflow Any way to permanently disable the ATI card and get windows to boot up using the integrated chip Notebook Lenovo IdeaPad Y Processor Intel Core i M Graphics Adapter Switches B W Intel HD amp ATI Mobility Radeon HD

A:Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode

What other graphics adapter choices are available in BIOS setup? If you choose Switchable is there software on the Lenovo site for your model that's needed? Are you using the Display adapter software from there?

Have you tested your HD with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by a full Disk Check on a single disk partition you create?

Then work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums including trying an alternate install method (disk><flash stick) with new media. These steps overcome almost all install failures, so you'll be reasonably sure the problem is hardware or BIOS settings if nothing works. But don't skip any steps.

Try Clean Install Windows 10 Technical Preview to see if there's any difference with a more modern OS install. It's already a very polished OS and worth testing this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/351512-black-screen-during-win-7-post-black-screen-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I use XP Home Edition. I was trying to change my desktop appearance, and clicked on "My current theme" under the themes tab. My desktop changed to all black, including the lettering; just the icons are there, but they are tiny, as if the resolution was changed to the highest setting. I tried getting back to the desktop properties, but since the lettering is black I cannot read anything and I don't know where to click to change anything. Is there a keyboard shortcut I could use or some other way I can get back to a normal screen? I no longer have the XP disk, so cannot reformat.

A:Solved: Black lettering on black screen

Hi, Sorry that no one replied to you.....and, I noticed that this thread is marked as "Solved".... did you manage to fix the problem?

I am sure help is still available here!

We like to have members post how they fixed something - so if you did, could you come back and post how? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-lettering-on-black-screen.1064939/
Relevancy 75.25%

When I turn on my computer, it's all fine until after I login. I get these patches of small black rectangles all over my screen which stay above windows and everything (see attatched photo). I located it down to being an issue with dwm.exe as the boxes go away when I end that task. I just don't know how I should go about repairing this issue. I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

A:Black Rectangles/Black Boxes All Over The Screen

Quote: Originally Posted by darkarchonlord

When I turn on my computer, it's all fine until after I login. I get these patches of small black rectangles all over my screen which stay above windows and everything (see attatched photo). I located it down to being an issue with dwm.exe as the boxes go away when I end that task. I just don't know how I should go about repairing this issue. I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Do you have a backup you can restore from?
do you have a win 7 dvd, to do a repair install?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79838-black-rectangles-black-boxes-all-over-screen.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi there,

Am using a Dell Inspiron 6400 with XP. It'd been running ridiculously slowly recently so I started an AVG scan and AVG immediately threw up a file, which I then deleted, then I got a "fatal error" message flash up. Since then I havent been able to get to the log in screen, it merely goes to the black screen with cursor, and Safe Mode is just a black screen with Safe Mode in each corner. Ctrl Alt Del also doesnt work in Safe Mode for some reason, and I have no CD. Ho ho.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 73.53%

I have been struggling with an intermittent problem for many months and it is getting worse I am running windows vista on a toshiba satellite laptop My screen will go dark not quite as black as when the computer is off when I am using it and although the computer is still working I cannot see the screen Then on startup I can occasionally see flashes of the startup logo which is enough to let me know it is loading My cursor quits working as well After I run spybot in safe mode and then Startup screen black, screen flickers to all black run it again at startup it works for some time This last time was days So I believe I have a nasty virus I run Norton all the time spybot rather frequently and Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen malaware bytes about once a month I am able to Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen get it in safe mode by hitting the down arrow once and hitting enter It is very frustrating I don t think it is the video card as it is repaired after spybot use Any suggestions nbsp

A:Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen

That is weird situation I'd say. I am unsure what actually is the issue here, perhaps one way of finding what may be happening is having a look at your Event Viewer Logs. You can find Event Viewer, in Control Panel, Administrative Tools.

Also please follow these 8-steps, and post your logs at Malware and Virus Removal Forum for analysis. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-screen-flickers-to-black-then-all-black-screen.150656/
Relevancy 72.67%

When i start my labtop the screen turns on the Dell logo that shows its loading once that page goes off my screen wont turn from black? If i go to power options it stays on for like 3 more seconds then goes out agian.

A:Screen Black lights Up Black

flourescent tube is out where can i find a new one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-black-lights-up-black-441173.html
Relevancy 71.38%

posted this on microsoft answers too... nothing useful yet.

built myself a screamer, core i7 920, gigabyte x58, 6gb triple channel ocz ram and a powercolor (ati) 5770. got it running, hooked it up via hdmi to my sony bravia 40" and everything was sweet. after about a week, the color disappeared. i get color on the sony during POST and the windows 7 (x64) logo but as soon as windows loads: no color on the sony. if i switch to vga, i get color. but it is a 30 foot run to the sony and i get ghosting via vga. i have checked and rechecked all color and resolution settings in both windows and catalyst 10.2 control panels. i was about to rma the video card but the color during POST and windows startup makes me think it will do no good. i have been scouring google for answers but as yet i haven't found the answer.

help anyone?

A:hdmi in black and white

It will be a setting in CCC. Open CCC - Desktop & Displays - Right click on small HDTV - Configure - Colour - Saturation - set to 100. Also check that the correct pixel format is set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/68616-hdmi-black-white.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys!

I've faced with a problem of black laptop's display after unplugging my TV (connected via HDMI). I suspect this happens because after connecting my laptop to TV the TV's display becomes a primary one and laptop's display as a secondary one. Then after disconnecting both devices Windows don't merely sets laptop's display as a primary.

Reboot does not always solve the problem but sometimes.

Connecting an external monitor to laptop always solves the problem ~ one external monitor is connected laptop's display is turning on. Then I'm rebooting the PC with external monitor unplugging during RAM calculation...

I've tried to roll back drivers for video card, tried newest drivers, but this didn't help.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Configuration:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32
Nvidia GeForce 8800
Philips 42-8404

A:Black display after HDMI is unplugged

It sounds like your computer doesn't realize that your television is being disconnected. I think most monitors send a continuous signal and once it breaks the computer knows it's been disconnected.

Instead of just unplugging the television, try switching your main display (laptop) to the primary and only display whenever you want to switch. That way, when you disconnect it from the television its not even sending a signal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/76944-black-display-after-hdmi-unplugged.html
Relevancy 70.52%
A:Half black, half white screen with picture of 3 black leaves...

Hello @rpickard, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I came across your post about the display issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that you believe the screen may be cracked. You can try performing a Hard Reset.  However, based on the information that you provided, the screen is likely damaged.  You can try reviewing the following document to verify, and for additional options: HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Half-black-half-white-screen-with-picture-of-3-black-leaves/td-p/5621453
Relevancy 70.09%

Well I have been having issues with my monitor I'll give you a bit of what is going on I had a Toshiba laptop I had hooked up to my monitor everything worked great It then crashed I got a new Dell with Windows bit and Intel graphics I have an HDMI to VGA adapter cause my laptop doesn't have a VGA Bars with Monitor Black Problem...... HDMI port and monitor doesn't have HDMI So Monitor with Black Bars HDMI Problem...... I hook it up and get it to work but quot Input Not Supported quot was floating around the screen So I changed Monitor with Black Bars HDMI Problem...... the resolution Monitor with Black Bars HDMI Problem...... The only resolution that makes the quot Input Not Supported quot to go away is X Well its clear picture but I have the annoying black bars on the side of my screen I have looked around and everyone says to go to the CCC but I can't find it on here and from what I understand that is for AMD only if I'm mistaken please explain to me how to make it work cause I have attempted it So is there an Intel version or how do I fix it

A:Monitor with Black Bars HDMI Problem......

Does anyone have a suggestion or some advice on this?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/30833-monitor-black-bars-hdmi-problem.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I got a Sharp TV quot LC GP U-B p full I connected an hdmi cable from my laptop p certified to the TV BLACK BAR TV OUTPUT PROBLEM I do not get the full screen output on my TV when connected via shows hdmi black > bars tv out 1080p HDMI The TV itself works fine in full screen p I DO get full screen output on any Linux o s I test it with via hdmi such as Ubuntu However I prefer to use Vista instead in order to use MCE and the plug-ins I have Netflix Joost etc plus MCE remote I duplicated this before and after upgrading to Vista SP I ve duplicated this with many WHQL certified NVidia drivers as well Literally about different driver versions for my M GT card I cannot figure out why it 1080p hdmi > tv out shows black bars is not showing full screen output but I can confirm this happens in Vista only not Linux did not and will not test in XP My index score in Vista is Nvidia panel shows proper x resolution Some drivers I ve tried and duplicated the same problem Also my TV settings are certainly proper 1080p hdmi > tv out shows black bars since I do get full screen output in Linux and general TV viewing I did try several new HDMI cables too but thats irrelevant since it works fine in Linux Summary of settings methods to fix the problem - x p resolution and Hz same black bar problem - various Nvidia drivers - Nvidia nTune overclocked but keeps resetting back to factory on reboot - disabled aero interface in Vista Hardware Software Sharp TV quot LC GP U-B p supposedly called a quot gamer tv quot by Sharp themselves Nvidia M GT p Vista x Ultimate with SP Vista Codec Pack bit components DirectX I Googled quot sharp LC GP U firmware quot and cannot find any info on upgrading the firmware The TV does have a software upgrade option via usb but where these software upgrades to be found No where on Sharp s site nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

I got a Sharp TV quot LC GP U-B p full I connected an hdmi cable from my laptop p certified to the out tv bars 1080p shows hdmi > black TV BLACK BAR 1080p hdmi > tv out shows black bars TV OUTPUT PROBLEM I do not get the full screen output on my TV when connected via HDMI The TV itself works fine in full screen p I DO get full screen output on any Linux o s I test it with via hdmi such as Ubuntu However I prefer to use Vista instead in order to use MCE and the plug-ins I have Netflix Joost etc plus MCE remote I duplicated this before and after upgrading to Vista SP I've duplicated this with many WHQL certified NVidia drivers as well Literally about different driver versions for my M GT card I cannot figure out why it is not showing full screen output but I can confirm this happens in Vista only not Linux did not and will not test in XP My index score in Vista is Nvidia panel shows proper x resolution Some drivers I've tried and duplicated the same problem Also my TV settings are certainly proper since I do get full screen output in Linux and general TV viewing I did try several new HDMI cables too but thats irrelevant since it works fine in Linux Summary of settings methods to fix the problem - x p resolution and Hz same black bar problem - various Nvidia drivers - Nvidia nTune overclocked but keeps resetting back to factory on reboot - disabled aero interface in Vista Hardware Software Sharp TV quot LC GP U-B p supposedly called a quot gamer tv quot by Sharp themselves Nvidia M GT p Vista x Ultimate with SP Vista Codec Pack bit components DirectX Firmware http www sharpusa com products Typ html AQUOS D U Series Version S Firmware My model is not D U I tried it anyway tv did not recognize the file Called Sharp asked me to call back Monday for an update on this issue Go figure

A:1080p hdmi > tv out shows black bars

Hey, Chad, have you obtained the official drivers for your laptop video card *from your laptop manufacturer*? Some laptop manufacturers have limited their machines to only use their own drivers....

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/167238-1080p-hdmi-tv-out-shows-black-bars.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My Titan works with all ports except for hdmi any ideas?

A:Titan black doesn't register hdmi?

check the cable, cheap hdmi cables sometimes go bad easily.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/388383-titan-black-doesnt-register-hdmi.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, 
I have a Latitude E6440 with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 video card and I have noticed that when the power cord is connected the monitor connected with HDMI goes black and back again randomly. This usually happens several times per minute. 
I have both tried with another HDMI cable and monitor but with the same result.
This never happens when the laptop is running on batteries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19684743
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys,My acer v15 nitro black edition has been working fine for a couple of weeks until recently...When plugged in, my HDMI output to my 24" acer monitor works fine.However, when plugged out and on battery, my external monitor is no longer detectable. It is not even detected in the display settings page. and on my acer monitor, it shows "no signal".Please help. I'm so confused when it works when plugged in but not work when on battery mode.Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-v15-nitro-black-edition-HDMI-output-when-on-battery/td-p/445498/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi Am wondering if anyone is familiar with the AOC e Swh quot LED Monitor Black Full HD HDMI apparantly it is ms Response Time but have seen them advertised on the Web as being ms Response-Time as well as am pondering on buying one have read on the Web that the software Driver CD that comes with them is utterly useless a retailer here told me the same thing and this is a big worry as the software is needed in order to tune the brightness contrast etc i found a Driver download for this monitor on an AOC website but do not know if the Driver zip-file contains the software needed to tune the monitor Will greatly appreciate if anyone can provide advice about these monitors as have already made a disastrous mistake by buying a Viewsonic VX s-LED Inch x Black IPS LED ms Response-Time which is totally unsuitable for my requirements it only has VGA and DVI Ports and is atrociously poor at screening movies videos with lousy definition and blurriness and pixellations when anything moves reasonably fast on screen and do not want to get burned again WARNING If you are a non-Tech never let a salesman give you advice because they are very liable when they discover you are not a Tech to try and unload on you stuff that they otherwise cannot shift nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

when I connect my Acer laptop and HP Pavilion with HDMI cable my laptop picture is going black.Sometimetimes it starts working randomly. My monitor is connected to power at the moment but ON/OFF light on front is off but back of the monitor light is on so power is running through. I have tried my other monitor with same cables and it worked.I would think that something is wrong with monito,r but it seems that it works whenever is wants.Dont know much about computers  so go easy  Much appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Both-black-screens-when-I-connect-laptop-monitor-with-HDMI/td-p/5663456
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys,My acer v15 nitro black edition has been working fine for a couple of weeks until recently...When plugged in, my HDMI output to my 24" acer monitor works fine.However, when plugged out and on battery, my external monitor is no longer detectable. It is not even detected in the display settings page. and on my acer monitor, it shows "no signal".Please help. I'm so confused when it works when plugged in but not work when on battery mode.Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-v15-nitro-black-edition-HDMI-output-when-on-battery/td-p/445498
Relevancy 68.8%

Ok so whenever I watch a video of Black Screen(Not Black Death) Screen on my harddrive avi format usually Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death) or if I watch a video off youtube I will get a permanant black screen My computer keyboard will not respond and I will have to hard restart my computer My Graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT My driver is currently that of the one found here http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp dlc en amp cc us amp lang en amp os amp product I tried the driver that the Nvidia website tells me to use http www nvidia com object win winvista bit whql html But that driver gave me previous problems found at http forums techguy org windows- -freeze-problems-after-installing-windows html post From what I have experienced This quot black screen quot will occur if I use any form of flash player if I use VLC media player or Windows Media player Oddly from the couple of movies that I have seen on DVD format where I insert a DVD into my drive the computer will not give me a black screen I also play video games and have no problems from them Any ideas as to what the problem is EDIT In addition my monitor is supposed to have a drive My monitor Acer p w Im running Windows -bit I was suggested that I should get a driver for it even though there is no available driver for it that is Windows -bit compatible http us acer com acer service do tx g c att amp ctx att k amp CRC Therefor should I still DL a driver and if so which one there are no -bit compatible ones nbsp

A:Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death)

Overheating graphics card? Check its fan, if any, cooling fins, and air flow. Move other cards away if possible.

Corrupted codecs? Many "packs" contain substandard codecs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-not-black-screen-of-death.901995/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys, i got my computer fixed a while ago and what i tried to do is set it so my computer doesn't turn off when i turn the lid down. It worked but the thing is my display goes black. I don't want it to go black because last night I was streaming all night and I went to sleep because I was streaming a youtube live count. I came home from school today to see that sommeone in my house turned off my display by putting the lid down. I don't want that to happen. Someone, please help? My computer is not off but the display is off and my stream froze because of it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-screen-goes-black-but-i-don-t-want-it-to-go-black-but-i/td-p/5622073
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi My first time I had this Gaming or of Death Black Screen Death of Screen Black BlackSOD problem was while playing BF a few months ago one day all good next BlackSOD the only way out was a reboot as keyboard and mouse where non- responsive The only thing I had done was install an ATI beta driver I got rid of it and went for the normal one ATI driver Since then I have come to suspect the drivers for ATI now using non Beta tried ATI ones still got the BlackSOD amp Razer deathadder when I was using the Synapse version I'm now using the legacy DeathAdder driver v Eng instead Still getting BlackSOD But since I'm Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death here posting I would like know how to stop the BlackSOD as would half the planet At this time my PC has been Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death running for hours Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death will out any problems using the ATI but last week when I was using the ATI drivers it took attempts of trying to get the PC to stay ON As of the PC boots up with out any problems Until of course I run anything like a GAME Then I can be certain a BlackSOD will happen at some point like a few nights ago while playing BF for a few hours BlackSOD in the middle of a game The BF gamers nightmare I tried to do an Up-grade using my Win home that is keep all my stuff and let window re-install itself but the Windows Compatibility Report comes but BLANK only saying quot An error prevented a required compliance check from completing Cancel the installation and try upgrading again quot A clean install is something I don't want to do as yet but that seem to be the path unless there a FIX Things I have noticed Black screen lol Synapse after using their update button my mouse had a bar not a pointer Got rid of Synapse long beep followed by short one Only heard it once yep it's the graphics card but here I'm posting so it may not be this only happens sometimes when tying to re-install the ATI driver software NEVER when the PC starts amp then goes into a BlackSOD I get one beep saying ok then BlackSOD after I have logged in and start moving my mouse around and doing stuff OR BlackSOD within seconds before I get to log in Plugging in my Razer usb headphones only sometimes the PC beeps soon after BlackSOD USB confilcts maybe Update have move USB stuff around to different ports Strange Audio garble sometimes after the BSOD happens Using the sabertooth On board RealTek Have not installed the ATI HDMI audio Fixes so far After the BF BSOD a few months back I used a back up Paragon Software Backup and Recovery Free to re-install System was stable for a while but updating ATI dirvers and Razer brought the BlackSOD back The Paragon backup is oldish so saving the important data now using Genie Time line pro Now using Atiman Uninstaller to remove and then re-install ATI Before I followed net directions deleting all by hand Auslogics BoostSpeed to clean and do what it does Plus CC cleaner run SFC scannow only got to can't fix errors which I suspect is the reason for the Compatibility Report amp upgrade won't work stuff that's missing is jpegs from window screensaver I guess given what in the CBS log plus desktop ini post here Ps I don't suspect malware as i have all the goodies to keep me safe plus I don't go near weird sites unless Gaming and Nasa is weird Any help would be good cheers Update Have install Afterburner to controls fans and last night after two hours of planetside system had another BlackSOD inside the zip are files from system events logs from last night This is the first time that the system has recorded anything to events expect to say quot system was shutdown unexpectedly quot which is me doing a hard reboot So progress Have all the tools and have set the dump files ran Driver Verifier didn't get a BlueSOD dump file no idea why Here are the two Error codes generated by Driver Verifier copied form the BlueSOD x c x e xfffff af c x Driver Verifier set... Read more

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

First things first update your BIOS it is very old:

Code:
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 1304 , 2/08/2011
Next uninstall the following it is likely doing more harm than good:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Care 365
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Disk Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Registry Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wrye Bash
Next run some hardware tests the errors you are getting indicate possible hardware failure / defects:
Furmark will stress test your GPU
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Quote:
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature" (BurnIn test in newer versions).
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Also report the temperatures of your GPU at idle, and when it maxes out during the stress test
Next run prime95 this will stress test your ram/CPU:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Again report your temperatures at idle and under load.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288642-black-screen-death-black-gaming-screen-death.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi been tying to solve BlackSOD for awhile now can be very in frequent problem then at other times I will get a Death Screen Gaming of of Screen or Black Black Death lots of Blacksod all at once PC will fail most of the day for days on end Then Balcksod stops for while like right NOW Today PC booted no problems able to post Last night PC would not work at all for hours PC was going into a BlackSOD when staring Windows or Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death soon after Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death desktop appears Here are my specs All compents where bought in at PC Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death D I Y store PC D I Y then built the PC not me OS win bit Home premium purchased at PC D I Y install by PC D I Y on the or thereabouts reading off invoice AGE OF SYSTEM HARDWARE All components where new when built on the or thereabouts AGE of OS OS has not been re-installed since it was first installed but have re-installed from a backup approx ONCE to try and stop BlackSOD which started sometime in FEB March CPU Intel Hz GTs QPI M CACHE LGA GPU ATI using ATI version using older driver as driver Blacksod still happened Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth-X LGA DDR SATA UBS RAID RMGS- GBRM PSU PWCO-HX- Corsair HX- ATX Modular PSU mmFAn Plus sliver CASE Antec Two Black ATX Tower Case lots of fans System manufacturer Exact mode number

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

Hello,

How are the temps and voltage readings? If the PC is currently overclocked please reset back to defaults for testing purposes

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings. Usually Under Hardware Monitor,PC Health Status, or similar.

Once you have this info Install HWMonitor and take a screenshot of the program at idle and under load.

There could be a possible problem with the processor that could be caused by heat or voltage, or a bad CPU.

Download and install Prime95 (if you don't already have it installed) and perform the test
-Open Prime95 and choose Just stress testing
-Run each test (Small FFTs, In-place large FFTs, and Blend) for a few hours each to see if there are any errors produced or critical temps reached.

Code:
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8008925038
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce475c64645785
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/2/2013 17:42:27 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa80089250b8
Section @ fffffa8008925190
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000106a5
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925100
Section @ fffffa8008925250
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : a5 06 01 00 00 08 10 00 - bd e3 98 00 ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8008925250

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925148
Section @ fffffa80089252d0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : Internal timer (Proc 0 Bank 5)
Address : 0x00003880068fac3b
Misc. : 0x0000000000007fff

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0365f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038a2670
Debug session time: Thu May 2 13:42:27.610 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:10.687
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-of-death-or-black-gaming-screen-of-death-694542.html
Relevancy 64.5%

On a Windows 2000 desktop, all of the shortcuts (have the little arrow in their corners) have grey shortcut boxes with black arrows rather than the white box with black arrows like is normal. The icons themselves are fine, its the Shortcut part that is wrong.

At boot up the Windows logo has a lot of horizontal lines in the image; the Windows 2000 image on the side of the Start menu also has a lot of lines in it.

Spybot removed 32 items which fixed some of the issues (like the covered min/max/close buttons which we had) but not everything. Has anyone seen these issues? Any fix ideas? I'll run HiJack This next time I connect but I'd like a few more options to try before spending time on this issue...

A:W2k: Shortcuts are grey-and-black not white-and-black; Windows logos corrupted

For your shortcuts, try this:

Start>>Run. In Run type "assoc.lnk=lnkfile" (without the quotes), clikc OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-shortcuts-are-grey-and-black-not-white-and-black-windows-logos-corrupted.670339/
Relevancy 64.5%

hey i ve noticed that every time i attempt to download and install a windows xp security update the start button and tool bar bar button, start and menu black tool black updates windows turns black after i restart my pc the background of my programs list accessories system tools list etc also turns black the same thing happens when i try to open any type of desktop window whether they are my documents windows or internet explorer etc the tool bar windows updates and black start menu button, black tool bar on the right vanishes and the borders of all windows turn black tried restarting my pc but no luck if i uninstall the security updates and restart my pc the start button windows updates and black start menu button, black tool bar and windows borders and toolbars return to their usual color does anyone know what my problem is this only happens when i install windows security updates here s a list of my programs ac filter ad-aware se personal bit-tornado clone cd daemon tools ffdshow java j se runtime environment microsoft net framework office xp pc-cillin videolan winrar yahoo messenger zone alarm thanks nbsp

A:windows updates and black start menu button, black tool bar

oh and by the way, i'm using service pack 1, with no genuine validation problems...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-updates-and-black-start-menu-button-black-tool-bar.389871/
Relevancy 64.07%

So yeah starting about two weeks ago my dual monitor setup would just all of a sudden go black they might flash like once or twice and the episode would last for - seconds and then they'd go back to normal I looked online and found no solution but figured it was fine as it didn't interfere too much with my gaming I play Smite by Hi-Rez primarily So tonight I'm Go Monitors restart flash, stay a and Black, black require sometimes sometimes smiting with a friend and we get into Monitors Go Black, sometimes flash, sometimes stay black and require a restart a custom game together I load in and my monitors go black And they stay Monitors Go Black, sometimes flash, sometimes stay black and require a restart black And they say no signal This had only happened a few times before and was usually fixed by a restart so I restarted only to have the same exact thing happen twice more load into game black monitors restart On the last time a few minutes ago actually my primary monitor said quot input not supported quot instead of the usual quot no signal quot This is getting super super super annoying please help right away P S I wasn't entirely sure what category to put this under hope I got it right

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/monitors-go-black-sometimes-flash-sometimes-stay-black-require-restart-278266/
Relevancy 63.64%

I had to switch monitors and video cards both when the old monitor broke black, red, blue displays black text monitor as mix of LED which was working perfectly it was by max resolution This new monitor is p wide screen by The old AMD card was x the new video card is Gt This new Westnghouse Tv - monitor combo an LD has terrible text colors Instead of all black it just randomly throws up colored text If I zoom the screen the text reverts to all black If I zoom out the screen the text goes to a mix of black red blue letters If I do a full zoom LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue out black text looks like a LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue lit up Christmas tree of colors I am using an HDMI cable and Nvidia driver LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue Here is a picture taken with a cell phone If I shared a screen shot you will see normal colors Will getting an DVI to HDMI adapter help The monitor TV only has VGA and HDMI no DVI input If I change from p to i the text color issue is solved but the text is not as sharp

A:LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue

You're sure that the monitor supports 1080p not 1080i? I ask because some TV's only support up to 1080i.

Based on what you've said and are showing us, I think this might be the case. Judging from that picture, that TV does not like 1080p.

Edit:

Although I just checked the model out online and the literature all says 1080p. Is there a setting on the TV that allows you to switch between 1080i and 1080p? Or does it do it automatically?

Edit again:

I just went through the instruction book, and nowhere does it say 1080p. Something you could try is going into the PC settings and adjusting the clock and the phase controls. It may help, or it may only apply to the TV's VGA connector, I don't know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/398352-led-monitor-displays-black-text-mix-red-black-blue.html
Relevancy 62.78%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have somehow blundered into a black background for desktop. The print color didn't change (stayed black) so I can only see icons on the desktop. If I click on any icon (i.e. control panel) it opens but I can't see any words or where to click for display settings, just a black screen with little icons. I would settle for reformat but I can't seem to get the HD to agree. The OS is XP Pro. I have tried to boot from other OS cd's and boot disks but it just keeps loading xp pro. It is a used Gateway computer (hey, it was free) and the bios is password protected by previous unknow admin.

So.... the thing works fine except the background is black. Is there any way to reverse back to the white background?

Thanks for any help!

A:black background + black print = only icons

If you are the one that changed the color could you possibly restore the computer to a previous day before this happened?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-background-black-print-only-icons.632054/
Relevancy 62.35%

I've set Chrome to use Google as my home page. I've noticed since the last update that on first loading, I often get a broad black bar along the top of the screen or a black Chrome window. All is fine when I click the Home button and I see the Google page OK. Is this a bug in the last release and is there a fix?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/60346-chrome-loads-black-bar-black-page.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a dual monitor set up through HDMI. My laptop works just fine but the second monitor went black during a gaming session and hasn't worked since. I have restarted, verified its on HDMI setting, updated drivers, checked refresh rates.

The Second monitor is still connected. I can move things there (cant see it) because it is black. When I right click and click screen resolution I can see the screen pop up.

I think the color scheme may have changed during the gaming session and that might be the culprit. It was an old game - 2009

I have Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386918-dual-monitor-suddenly-went-black-still-but-all-black.html
Relevancy 62.35%

On a laser color printer why is it imprtant to print text using a black cartridge only.
If black and colour cost the same - what does it matter?

A:black/color inks for black printing

Nothing to do with cost - it gives better quality text. Text which isn't a true, deep black (ie tinged with other colours) just doesn't look very professional. And, in business at least, that matters.

For the same reason, buying a cheap inkjet printer which doesn't use a black cartridge (black is produced by mixing CMY in different amounts - producing a muddy black) is a bad idea if you want crisp-looking black text. Thankfully most new inkjets now have a dedicated black cartridge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-color-inks-for-black-printing.1050069/
Relevancy 62.35%

The line right of the black rectangle with an orange star just below the menu toolbar seems to be a dead area - I mean if I alt-tab to another program's screen when and Black Toolbar on [SOLVED] Black Menu ... I alt-tab back whatever that screen had in the referenced area is still there I have screen shots but don't know how to paste post or attach this window evidently doesn't support the clipboard image format This is similar to a problem posted in Feb by BubbaMac but I am using IE updated today It may not be black on black - it may be nothing on black None of the accessibility options seem to be at fault none are checked Internet [SOLVED] Menu Toolbar Black on Black and ... Options General Colors I changed from x use windows colors to black on gray with no visible effect So I'm at a loss Also I tried the suggestions in KB Article ID to edit HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar without success Also I uninstalled and reinstalled IE Help

A:[SOLVED] Menu Toolbar Black on Black and ...

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please post the screen shots:

How to Attach a file to a post

In your next post click on the little paperclip, as seen in the picture below:
Now you should have a pop up window.Click Browse
Find the file click on it, and press Open.
Press upload. When the upload is complete you can close the Upload Window, and finish typing your reply, then when done just click Submit reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-menu-toolbar-black-on-black-and-565133.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi

I have a e7740 Dell laptop that bluescreens and black screens when connected to VGA or HDMI

The errors are ntsokrnl + exe + 73bc0 and Fastfat.sys + 1d82

I have attached minidumps.

Can someone help me resolve this issue please?

A:Blue Screens and Black Screens when connected to VGA or HDMI

Moved to Bsod's for further help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screens-and-black-screens-when-connected-to-vga-or-hdmi-943041.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I am having several problems with my computer wondering if I am infected with something First noticed the computer running slowly Then began freezing all the time Then noticed that when I switch to a new internet page at times I notice a small black screen that will pop-up or flash on the page but only for a second almost like you'd get on a quot run command quot type scrren if that makes sense Also I keep getting a security options failure It seems this only comes after the computer freezes and I try to hit alt control delete to bring up task manager I have tried to run Norton Anti-virus and spybot I've used CCleaner to remove unnecessary files clean The virus software finds in popping Infected? black screen and background, freezing Blue up slow screen, nothing unusual usually some cookies with tracking but no virus Any ideas Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC hp support hpsysdrv exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Windows System wpcumi exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC hp kbd kbd exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system sdclt exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar ... Read more

A:Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250782/infected-blue-screen-black-screen-popping-up-in-background-freezing-and-slow/
Relevancy 61.06%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 61.06%

HI I was being helped by Quads on the norton community I know he helps out here too Quads was helping me but I screwed up thought I was helping to save time yes I know I saved you alot of time now but I did not starting Freezing, and when screen computer the redirect search black Screen engine follow complete instructions This is what was done so far OTL scan was run adwcleaner was run had adwcleaner delete Screen Freezing, search engine redirect and black screen when starting the computer all and reboot ran combofix when computer was rebooting it got stuck on the black screen for about an hour Had to restart it again and when it did it restored to a previous date This is where I screwed up Since it was a previous date it seemed like nothing had taken place no downloads on the desktop Ran the otl scan again adwcleaner again log looked the same as first time so I deleted all again Ran combofix and rebooted and it gave me a log That is where I am stuck I dont know whether to leave these downloads on the computer delete them I dont think that Quads is going to help me anymore since I messed up so I was wondering if anyone else could help I just really want to finish what was started The computer was stuck on the black screen this morning and finally got it restarted after about times But I do think there is some kind of virus Still have adwcleaner and combofix downloaded on the computer Dont know if I should delete them or what Thanks Kim

A:Screen Freezing, search engine redirect and black screen when starting the computer

Read the guide here on preparing logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

and create a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472849/screen-freezing-search-engine-redirect-and-black-screen-when-starting-the-computer/
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay here's a little background information Bought my PC in Have had to replace video cards since i've bought it One was replaced under warranty the other I bought Since I purchased my PC the only parts splash mode. safe screen acces Black Unable Windows to screen. after I have replaced are My video card cards later i'm on my most recent one EVGA Nvidia GT http www evga com articles asp I also upgraded my PSU to an Enermax Pro w http www directron com epr awt html OS Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P BW-LA http h www hp com ewfrf wc d name c I mainly use my Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. computer for gaming after my first video card died i was sent a beefier card http reviews cnet com graphics-car tag mncol lst after that my PC was no longer under warranty so I had to buy my next cards my self My problem I Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. left my computer on while making some food I had world of warcraft opened When I finished making food I got back to my computer and moved my mouse to get it out of sleep mode I run a dual display set up once my monitors loaded up one of the screens was pure white and the other screen was black I was forced to hold the power button down to turn off my PC From there Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. on out everytime I boot my computer up I get my PC's loading screen which i'm able to acces BIOS or system restore after my PC's loading screen I get the windows splash screen after that my monitor is pure black The PC is still on and running but there's no display I plugged my monitor into my onboard and enabled it through BIOS same thing I originally thought this was a video card problem but after going through my onboard i realized this isn't the case Anytime i try to run windows normally the black screen happens wether its through my video card or through my onboard So my next idea was to start in safe mode Unfortunatley that doesn't work either It loads up all my system drivers then stops after windows system giveio sys Could this be an OS problem Maybe my mobo is shot and that's why i've been burning video cards cards in years is a little ridiculous Should I reformat Should I replace my mobo Please help Heres my PC's exact specs keep in mind i replaced my video card and PSU as mentioned before in this post http h www hp com ewfrf wc p roduct Please help me money is tight and I can't afford to be guessing and replacing parts thank you Joseph

A:Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode.

bump, please help :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen-unable-to-acces-safe-mode-383474.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Start up then screen goes black before I even get chance to log in. If I shine a torch on the screen I can see it is working but impossible to do anything.

I think it needs some new part(s) installed to fix this (I think).
I know it's an old no longer supported system but I use it to run the TV guide, play some language cd's I have installed & Google some info.

I think 1 item is n inverter ?

Thanks 4 any help

A:Inspiron 8600 running xp black screen but torch shone on screen & can vaguely see

It could be the inverter - particuarly if the failure was sudden.  It could also be the backlight bulb itself, meaning a replacement screen is needed. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982657
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I have been having this problem since a week or so. Broni has helped me in malware forum to rule out malware as responsible. My machine is clean and I was refered here for further help.

Here is my problem:

At boot-time, I see windows XP load screen with the progress bar, the progress bar advances to the end and then, the screen turns pitch black and all is see is an arrow cursor I can move around. I thought until yesterday that this was a permanent freeze-up, but if I wait, say, 6 minutes, the black screen disappears and windows then starts normally.

Last week, problem was intermittent, it now happens all the time.

Windows boot-up was fine before.

Please help me.

A:Windows load screen at boot, looong black screen, then normal startup

I had this tons of times with my old XP PC. It is normal if you have a lot of files on the HDD and you have little RAM. How much RAM do you have? What is the capacity of the HDD? And do you have the Windows XP disc? Would you be willing to upgrade the RAM and/or the OS if we must resort to that? Or would you rather just buy a new PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-load-screen-at-boot-looong-black-screen-then-normal-startup.191868/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Everyone As the title says about i have a Dell Vostro and im running Windows with a bit It is only years only It started about a month ago I was on my laptop viewing and Black screen. Vostro login screen Dell reach Wont 1520. deleting some unwanted photos i had A few minutes later Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen i realized that i deleted a photo that i wanted So i went to the recycling bin and restored that photo When i went back to my photos and went into the album it said something like i do no have permission to access this folder Please press continue to get full permission I clicked continue and i got the access i should have Now i tried many more random folders and the same Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen thing happened Also when i came Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen out of the folders the folders had a big pad lock sign on the front of it After that i shut down the laptop and went to turn it back on The laptop will power on like normal I can press f for the boot options which i have already tried many times I also tried it in safe mode and what-not but still nothing I can hear the fan and stuff spinning up like normal I have also put and CD into the CD ROM and that spins up fine So after the Dell logo on the screen it goes black and stays that way with the cursor You can move the cursor around no problem I should also add that the battery light is and has been flashing for a good wile Its flashing orange and blue I m wondering if this has anything to do with the battery Because my laptop will not charge with the AC adapter in it for many months now It will only stay powered on with the AC adapter plugged in One more thing The LED lights over the buttons None of the are flashing besides one on the far left And i cant find out anywhere what this LED light stands for It looks like a battery to me Any advice would be so great The way it is now i don t care about the laptop I really want to hope i can save my pictures and videos i have on there nbsp

A:Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Since its a laptop the harddrive is easy to pull out and remove.If you have or can get a usb sata/ide connector hook the drive to that and then to another computer if you have one so you can save all of your important data like pix, music, etc.The laptop battery is going to have to be replaced since its no longer charging properly.It sounds like there might be a short somewhere or a power supply problem along with a bad battery.Or possibly something might be wrong with the screen or video or graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-black-screen-wont-reach-login-screen.1031342/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message the main message said quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot After rebooting I got the same message Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen I used my Dell error, 6000 on screen help! screen Inspiron Blue now - black boot, OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP It asked for a place to partition fragment Windows and then it went through copying files etc After that I tried to restart I got the Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen with only a flashing cursor in the top Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! left hand corner I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F option to recover Windows XP I can only either choose F or F at the initial boot screen Please help I really do not know what to do What is the blue screen error message all about I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem Help

A:Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Do you have another windows xp cd you can get your hands on? I recommend performing a checkdisk repair on your computer and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-error-now-black-screen-on-boot-help-231776.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My problem started much like Screen/Blue problem Black previous Screen much Busybee poster, like that of Busybee with files being deleted orphan files being restored and security something or other however after reboot from CD and running Startup Repair the tests all appear to be OK except quot Root Cause Found - Volume on disk is corrupt quot Result Completed successfully Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee Error Code x At this point the pc goes through the never ending sequence of trying to boot up black screen then blue screen etc Medion MD Multimedia Home Entertainment Design Centre Operating System Windows Vista bit service pack C Gb Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee HD with D Gb restore using Gb Gb Ram Disk Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee failure diagnosis test result OK Most recent change made a day or so prior to the crash was retuning digital tv tuner when the changeover from Analog to Digital signal was needed to update channels here in UK The screen shows quot No Signal Analog quot at beginning and end of reboot sequence The black screen suggests this may be a recent hardware or software issue and advises removal of any recent changes but as I cannot get into the system let alone the control panel I am unable to remove or disable anything Would really appreciate being able to at least recover my files and as I am unable to access the operating system either by safe mode safe mode with command prompt or a normal reboot would welcome any advice about how I can achieve this I have a laptop also running Vista bit if that would be of any help in accessing the files Would welcome any advice on offer I am not a computer whizkid but reasonably competent user since Win Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem and I look forward to hearing any thoughts ideas solutions you can provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blue-screen-problem-much-like-previous-poster-busybee.1003191/
Relevancy 61.06%

When I start windows normally, it get color distortion like this http://puu.sh/NXuz
And then it black screens. In safe mode everything is okay. The things that use same resources http://puu.sh/NXtn
Here is cbs log ( i can't read it)
http://www.mediafire.com/?6hrb8t0qhkdmbbr

Thanks for any help
I repeat, in safe mode it works normal, so i suspect driver clash.

A:Windows 7 Colors distortion and black screen upon welcome screen (pictures and logs)

Update or reinstall the video drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-colors-distortion-and-black-screen-upon-welcome-screen-pictures-and-logs.1063554/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey Ok well it starts black windows of drives, both loading Two copy screen with XP, after hard screen same off with me managing to either corrupt windows or the hard drive on my original hard drive and when ever I try Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen to boot off there I get to the windows loading screen with logo and little green sliding bar and then it restarts and keeps doing that Tried booting in safe mode and from disc but I cannot do anything with it in terms of booting So Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen what Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen I decided to do was get a second hard drive and install XP onto there and then plug my second hard drive in and see if I can transfer files off there to the new one I got XP installed fine on it but when it came to booting with both hard drives plugged in I came to problems I set which hard drive is the priority one in the bios as there is no pins on the back of this new hard drive and it got to the windows loading screen with the new installation i know this because the loading screens are different for both hard drives After the loading screen my monitors go black and nothing happens Windows loads fine when it is just the new hard drive plugged in even if the old hard drive is plugged in and set to disabled it goes to the black screen If anyone is able to give some advice on what to do or what could be wrong I would be really grateful Thanks Matt nbsp

A:Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen

Sounds like the old hard drive is faulty to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-hard-drives-both-with-same-copy-of-xp-black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.90318/
Relevancy 61.06%

When I turn on my computer all I get is a black screen with the flashing cursor up in the left corner of the screen. Any ideas as to how to correct this? I have a Dell from he'll computer-- inspiron E1505 about 8 years old and just had windows 7 home edition installed on it

A:Black screen with flashing cursor in upper left corner of screen

Hey I just went through something very similar. I found that my SATA cable connecting the hard drive to the motherboard had failed. I replaced it with a new SATA cable, and it booted right up. Try the cable first if you have one lying around, plus its a cheap solution. If you replace the cable and it still won't boot up, it might be your hard drive. Seeing as how your machine is that old, it could fail at any time.

Do you get anything on the screen when you turn it on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-flashing-cursor-in-upper-left-corner-of-screen-602916.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When i run maplestory my screen goes black and my screen light power button blinks.
What can be the problem?

A:When i run maplestory my screen goes black and my screen light power button blinks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-run-maplestory-my-screen-goes-black-and-my-screen-light-power-button-blinks.448645/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I have an office desktop pc HP COMPAQ ELITE running -bit Windows I was manually running Windows update and manually updating some of my drivers when the pc suddenly turned itself off I turned it back on and now it doesn't get to the login screen anymore It just displays screen mouse movable cursor with Black appears screen login before a Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears black screen with a movable mouse cursor although I can't really click anything or even press any keys on the keyboard I tried loading into the recovery environment but it only gives me the option to restore my hard drive to factory settings which I don't want since I have lots of important files in it I've searched around the forums but I can't find a problem that is EXACTLY like mine By the way my pc is on a dual boot mode with an Ubuntu and that is how I'm able to access this forum right now The dual boot was set-up by the employee that I replaced so I have no idea how this is set-up Any help would be appreciated -Ron

A:Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears

Firstly, boot into the Linux operating system, and then create a backup of all important files and data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300316-black-screen-movable-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen-appears.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My friend has a dell inspiron laptop which came with windows 8 in it. he has recently updated it to Windows 8.1 and  after restarting it , then onwards problem started where in only black screen appears. Cursor shows up after waiting a long long time,
but waiting even for hours for windows logo it never showed up. Please tell me some solution

He does not have any recovery discs, no windows os file. Now tell me a solution without these things needed.
Model: inspiron 15R7520

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ba4a5ff-304a-482e-9374-ead326a38448/display-just-shows-black-screen-after-showing-the-dell-logo-screen?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 61.06%

I need help ASAP. My computer was having many issues today, so I did a system restore. When it was done, it downloaded updates, I only restored it back to yesterday. Now, when I log into my account, the screen stays black and all I see is the pointer. What can I do to solve this? The PC is shut down right now.

A:Solved: Screen is black after system restore and update. Set back one day, screen is

Usually, system restore is used to resolve problems like this. You might want to consider doing a clean install and see if that has any affect. Hopefully your data is saved on an external or flash drive. There's also additional options that you can find here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-is-black-after-system-restore-and-update-set-back-one-day-screen-is.975269/
Relevancy 61.06%

? OS - Windows 7 SP1
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 8
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Retail Version
? Age of system (hardware) 4 months
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 1 week

? CPU Core i5-3330
? Video Card Nvidia GT 620
? MotherBoard
? Power Supply - brand & wattage 300w

? System Manufacturer Dell
? Exact model number: Inspiron 660
Added Samsung 830 128gb SSD + 3TG Seagate in replaced of the original 2TB Seagate HDD.

I have tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers, currently use the older version 310.90
Previously used 314.22.

A:[SOLVED] I get black screen after coming back from screen saver/idle

The following may be helpful when reading the remainder of this post:Beta and Legacy Drivers | GeForce
Quote:

NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Advanced Driver Search

Product Type: GeForce
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Product Series: GeForce 600 Series
Language:
Product: GeForce GT 620
Recommended/Beta: Recommended/Certified

Search

Code:
Name Version Release Date
GeForce 314.22 Driver WHQL 314.22 March 25, 2013
GeForce 314.07 Driver WHQL 314.07 February 18, 2013
GeForce 310.90 Driver WHQL 310.90 January 5, 2013
GeForce 310.70 Driver WHQL 310.70 December 17, 2012
GeForce 306.97 Driver WHQL 306.97 October 10, 2012
GeForce 306.23 Driver WHQL 306.23 September 13, 2012
GeForce 301.42 Driver WHQL 301.42 May 22, 2012

BugCheck 0x117
These crashes are DirectX/graphics card related. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run a system file check to check Windows for corruption: Click Start Menu
Click All Programs
Click Accessories
Right click Command Prompt
Click Run as administrator
Type
Code:
sfc /scannow
and press Enter
Once it is complete, make note of the message. If it says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and post back
If the message does not say Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and do steps 1-6 again.
You may need to do steps 1-6 up to three times with a restart in between each run to resolve all corrupted files.
If you still have corrupted files after a fourth run, post back here with the following:Click Start Menu
Click Computer
Open your C: drive
Open Windows
Open Logs
Open CBS
Copy and paste CBS.log or CBS (it may not have the log extension) to a location you will remember.
Compress (zip) the CBS file and attach the .zip file to your next post.

Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For NVIDIA:Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

For AMD:Uninstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager if it is listed (this should remove all AMD graphics software and drivers)
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers (this applies to onboard graphics, as well):Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-i-get-black-screen-after-coming-back-from-screen-saver-idle-693502.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I am encountering an issue of when the Dell optiplex 755 boots up, it boots through the Windows XP logo just fine, once it tries to transition between the logo and loading the system up, it just shows a black screen and nothing else happens. I tried using a bootable Windows XP flash drive to repair the system files and it loads the Windows XP setup ok but when it runs through all of the commands on the bottom of the screen and the last one says "Starting Windows" , it takes me to a blue screen (screenshot below). I have HIRENS and have done a lot of the chkdsk commands to fix the files and everything comes back ok. I tried to clone the hard drive with the same exact hard drive and still the same issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Windows XP gets past the logo screen and then turns the screen black/bluescreen

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN130053/EN#Error , scroll down to section on STOP 7B errors.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586463/windows-xp-gets-past-the-logo-screen-and-then-turns-the-screen-blackbluescreen/
Relevancy 61.06%

my screen stays black and shows the mouse icon and won't load my home screen?

A:my home screen won't load up my screen stays black and shows the mouse

Hello,

Try booting the PC into Safe Mode. Start your computer in safe mode

If successfully able to boot into Safe Mode try running a System Restore back to a date when it was working properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-home-screen-wont-load-up-my-screen-stays-black-and-shows-the-mouse-684158.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey i have a acer aspire 3000 and when i turn it on the lights come on but it doesnt have any boot beeps or any picture at all on the screen i was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is or have sugestions to what could be causeing that thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turns-on-great-but-no-boot-beeps-or-any-picture-on-screen-black-screen.100226/
Relevancy 61.06%

Malware attack from Ukash screen block UK Police Ran AVG in safe mode and screen block was quarantined In normal mode I emptied AVG virus vault stupid and was reinfected Ran AVG again safe mode quarantined from recycle bin All seemed ok and locked screen was disabled in normal mode Not Black Screen UKash Windows Screen in Resulted Authentic Block but repeat scans to check for remnants kept getting stuck MBAM ran for hours overnight and didn't complete as frozen forced restart On restart black screen with Windows Build The copy of Windows is not genuine No toolbar start menu or UKash Screen Block Resulted in Black Screen Windows Not Authentic other functionality in normal mode Ran HitmanPro in safe mode cookies found and advised that v fo dat is missing No virus found Ran Avast in safe UKash Screen Block Resulted in Black Screen Windows Not Authentic mode wouldn't complete but said a threat was found Froze PC Both now removed leaving just AVG my paid provider active Sony Vaio laptop preintstalled with Windows Have key but not disc Run and update AVG daily Hoping someone can please help me DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Nicky at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uSearch Bar Preserve BHO ContributeBHO Class C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll BHO AVG Do Not Track EEF-CB F- F-AFEB-D E A B BA - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgdtiex dll BHO AVG Safe Search CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO CIESpeechBHO Class D F C - E - BD - - AC FDF - C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite IEPlugIn dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Adobe PDF -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB Google Toolbar C B - - D - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB Adobe PDF -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB Contribute Toolbar BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll TB Bing Bar dcb -df - - - fa b f - TB Google Toolbar C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll EB Adobe PDF EC BE- - C -A -BEB D A B - C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll ... Read more

A:UKash Screen Block Resulted in Black Screen Windows Not Authentic

Hi NickyJane,

We'll start with ComboFix. If it doesn't take care of the remaining issues, AVG may have caused more problems than if it had left it alone.

Download ComboFix from here

* IMPORTANT- Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

====================================================

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications as they will interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to our sticky topic How to disable your security applications

====================================================

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

I will return this evening - we'll continue then.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/ukash-screen-block-resulted-in-black-screen-windows-not-authentic-702752.html
Relevancy 61.06%

hi my laptop screen is set to turn off after 5 mins, when it does i cannot wake it, no matter what buttons i push or using my mouse. this black screen also happens when i restart my computer, it logs me off the the screen goes black and computer power lights are still on and it does nothing HELP! haha thanks

Nathan

A:laptop screen goes black when i restart, and screen wont wake up after it turns off

Boot the computer and press F8 in the Advanced Boot menu choose Last Known Good Configuration.
What is the make and model# of the computer? Go to the manufactures support/download drivers site and download the Chipset and the Video driver for the computer.
Go to Start/Search and type powercfg.cpl. Right click the powercfg results and Run As Administrator. Click Change Plan Settings/change Advanced power settings. Reset your power settings to your liking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-goes-black-when-i-restart-and-screen-wont-wake-up-after-it-turns-off-698507.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

A:URGENT LENOVO Y460 previously Blue Screen now Black Screen

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1117670-urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue-screen-now-black-screen.1117669/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hp notebook computer wont startup past the hp screen. It shows a black screen then goes back to hp screen. I did the hard reset, it didn't work. I did the test and all of them said passed. It started doing this when i was reseting it and it dropped on the floor. The battery and the hard drive fell out. When i turned it back on, it wasnt working. I dont know what is wrong with it....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Wont-boot-up-past-hp-screen-shows-black-empty-screen/td-p/5609776
Relevancy 61.06%

When I'm connected to the Internet, I get the black screen with the Windows XP logo flitting about if I've been innactive for 2 mins. Can I correct it?

A:Solved: Screen keeps going back to Black screen with Windows XP icon keeps coming up

Only when connected to the internet?

Right click empty desktop.
Properties>Screensaver - Check what you have it set to.

Monitor Power.
Power schemes>always on.
Turn off monitor>never.
System standby>never.
Turn off hard disks>never.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-keeps-going-back-to-black-screen-with-windows-xp-icon-keeps-coming-up.950219/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

My laptop will not boot. I end up with an empty black screen or a blue screen with no icons, just a cursor. I get choices for 'normal startup' or ' repair' but not safe mode. Any help appreciated.

A:Unable to start - black screen or empty blue screen w cursor??

Hello JoLaRo and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts has prepared a couple of tutorials that might help you out.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

If you're still having issues after following the tutorials, please post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346364-unable-start-black-screen-empty-blue-screen-w-cursor.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I've tried updating the drivers, making sure nothing was overclocked, ram memtest and furmark. memtest found no errors, same with chkdsk and it didn't crash in furmark
my average temp of gpu is 31 degrees Celsius.

It plays sound for a few seconds afterward but then becomes unresponsive to the power button and keyboard so I have to turn the psu off.

Help would be greatly appreciated

and for some reason it keeps posting this in general discussion not bsod support

A:Black screen when watching videos full screen and exiting games

How old is your PSU? what brand is the PSU? the video card is Radeon? Have you tried to put the video card into a different PCIe slot? have you tried to do a "clean boot", with only MS programmes starting, as in diagnostic startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345372-black-screen-when-watching-videos-full-screen-exiting-games.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey guys I was installing kali from a usb drive, when it was partitioning the drive it crashed... So I turned off my lenovo g570 4334 laptop, pulled out the usb drive and booted my laptop up normally..... It loaded the lenovo screen, with the options to access bios, then loaded a black screen with a blinking underscore.... I can't do anything at all except from the bios.... I've been searching for hours, Microsoft support for 2 hours straight... And now I just feel like crying.... Please help me!

A:Urgent! Win7 will not load after lenovo boot screen, black screen

How to run chkdsk and System File Checker (SFC) from the Recovery Console Boot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD
When you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter
At the "Install Windows" screen, click on Repair your computer at lower left
At the System Recovery Options screen, make note of the drive letter assigned to your boot drive (normally C and click Next
At the Chose a Recovery Tool window, click on Command Prompt. You will be sitting at X:\Sources directory
Run chkdsk first then SFC
If you did not note the drive letter of your boot disk, you can enter bcdedit and look at the osdevice line to see what it is.
For chkdsk, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter (use the letter from above if not C.
For sfc, type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows and press Enter (use the letter from above)
Let either run to completion undisturbed.

Vista or Windows 7:

If you don't have a install DVD, you can download a legal copy here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links
Windows Vista Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have installed: 32 or 64 bit; Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323488-urgent-win7-will-not-load-after-lenovo-boot-screen-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I've been working on a dell inspiron 1525 today and cant figure what is causing this problem.

The laptop boots, displays the post screen, and then the screen goes black.
You can boot into BIOS,
You can boot into the Boot menu.

You cannot boot into safe mode, the f8 key does nothing,
when using the boot menu, u can't boot into a windows disc to reload the operating system, it just goes black.
I did however manage to boot into a linux cd i have and run a HDD test (what passed) and a memory test (what also passed).

It does exactly the same on an external monitor aswell so I am lost with this one.

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1525 - Screen goes black after POST screen?

Which OS is on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dell-inspiron-1525-screen-goes-black-after-post-screen-642561.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey everyone I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while or has been in the past Was upgrading to windows I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck around It then got through that and began the installation process with the big circle and rebooting process However around when I last looked at it it was just black screen this stayed this way for about - hours I then decided to reboot the pc and it has now booted to the login screen Is this a known (no screen just Black Screen to blank) but cursor of Doom Booted login bug or could there be a possible issue The problem seems a bit different Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) as some people I saw have had to fall back on PC restore points etc So not sure if it installed or what could be the problem Also side note I upgraded my pc when windows first publically released but rolled back because I had about min shutdown times So not sure what is Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) going on and any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

I never had a problem upgrading like you've experienced but I experiencing Windows 10 upgrading process is the longest time taken ever compared to previous versions. It took me 1 hour+ to finished.

Play around a little bit to get used to it then did a clean install. No problem arise, seems working fine.

The point is, problems always happen after upgrading, to solve it just perform installation from scratch (clean install).

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37857-black-screen-doom-but-booted-login-screen-no-cursor-just-blank.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 61.06%

Built my own computer, and for a while it ran fine, but now when I try to play League of Legends it will crash often. Sometimes the game freezes, and no method of input will change the screen until I hold down the power button. In this case my speakers emit a high pitched noise. Other times the screen will go black, and the computer will automatically restart. Other times I will get a blue screen with the error code 0x00007e. Please help this is getting very annoying!

I should note that it is not often that it crashes, sometimes it will happen twice in a short time, sometimes it will take days.

DMP files uploaded as per posting instructions, please inform me if you need anything more, thank you!

A:BSOD or black screen while playing League of Legends or Full Screen YT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD =
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Probably hardware. Clean out dust in the system, if you have overclocked stop and revert to original settings. The link contains the most probable solution to your problem. IF the problem cannot be fixed i suggest lowering the vcore a tad tad bit.
Here are stresstests to possibly help rule a few things out. : Stresstests:
Ram : RAM - Test with Memtest86+
General hardware: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 ( (Three pre-set configurations are available: Small FFTs and In-place FFTs, and Blend. Small and In-place modes primarily test the FPU and the caches of the CPU, whereas the Blend mode tests everything, including the memory.)
Graphics: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark (Do the above Graphics test only with the latest drivers, and then Run it until the temperatures stop increasing; should be less then 10 minutes. If you don't see any crazy glitches or distortion on the screen, The test most likely passed. Take note if the Temperature gets too high, or you see Visual artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to stop the test.)
Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253430-bsod-black-screen-while-playing-league-legends-full-screen-yt.html