Windows Support Forum

Blue Screen Error: c000021a Fatal System Error

Q: Blue Screen Error: c000021a Fatal System Error

Hey nbsp I have Windows running on my HP Pavilion g Laptop nbsp Notebook Model HP Pavilion g Notebook pCProduct Number QE UA ABASerial Number CG N nbsp nbsp Yesterday I clicked accidentally on the nbsp Windows popup dialog which appeared below right in the corner nbsp The system run minutes and did some cofiguration nbsp as a result I am getting this error in the advanced boot options nbsp coooo a fatal eystem error The initial session process or system procress terminated unexpectedly with status of x x c The Fatal c000021a Error: Screen System Error Blue system has been shut down nbsp I have tried several options to solve the problem nbsp Lunch startup Repair recommended --- gt nbsp Problem signuture Problem Event Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp StartRepairOfflinePromlem Signature nbsp nbsp nbsp Promlem Signature nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Promlem Signature nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Blue Screen Error: c000021a Fatal System Error nbsp unknownPromlem Signature nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Blue Screen Error: c000021a Fatal System Error nbsp - Promlem Signature nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AutoFailoverPromlem Signature nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Promlem Signature nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BadPatchOS version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Locale ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Blue Screen Error: c000021a Fatal System Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp If I select view advanced options for system recovery and support -- gt a statup Repair nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -- gt I am getting the error above nbsp b System Restore nbsp -- gt No store points have been created on your computer's system drive To create a restore point open system protection nbsp c System Image Recovery -- gt Windows can not find a system image on this computer Attach the backup hard disk or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click Retry Alternatively close this dialog for more options I do not have the recovery cd but I have created bootable windows cd by ImgBurn programm nbsp d Windows Memory Diagnostic -- gt when runnig it nothing is being found nbsp c Command Prompt with its help I backuped my data run chkdsk C f r x and sfc scannow nbsp i chkdsk C f r xresult failed to transfer logged messaged to the event log with status nbsp ii sfc scannowBeginning system scan This process wil take some time There is a system repair peding which requires reboot to complete restart Windows and run sfc again When I run it again nothing happens nbsp In the advanced Boot options starting the laptop and keeping pressing F none of these options helped me but with Disable automatic restart on system failure I could see the error nbsp coooo a fatal eystem error The initial session process or system procress terminated unexpectedly with status of x x c The system has been shut down nbsp Restarting the laptop-- gt ESC-- gt F -- gt HP Advanced System Diagnose -- gt Start-Up test -- gt Optimized DST Not Available nbsp Now I made bootable windows CD to reinstall Windows but the problem I can not boot from the internal CD DVD ROM Drive Restarting the laptop and pressing ESC -- gt F -- gt Internal CD DVD Rome drive -- gt Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause nbsp I nbsp have checked the Boot order in the Bios F -- gt system configurations-- gt Boot options CD-ROM Boot - Enable Floppy Boot - Disabled nbsp Internal Network Adapter Boot - Disabled -- gt Boot order nbsp Internal CD DVD ROM DriveNotebook Hard DriveUSB Diskette on Key USB Hard DiskUSB CD DVD ROM Drive nbsp nbsp USB Floppy nbsp nbsp nbsp Network Adapter nbsp nbsp I read about the Boot secure herehttp support hp com us-en document c but I do not found this option in my Bios nbsp I hope u can help me to solve the problem or describing me how can I boot from my bootable cd nbsp sine I tried everything I know nbsp I appreciate any help nbsp Regards tree nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Blue-Screen-Error-c000021a-Fatal-System-Error/td-p/5676709
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Blue Screen Error: c000021a Fatal System Error

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 104.78%

I Own HP ENVY 4-1046tx UltrabookLast time i forced shutdown the laptop (because it got hanged!)and after that i got this errorsafe mode is not workand last know good configration disnt have any effect.sugguest a way out of this....!!!!!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Blue screen error - c000021a Fatal system error

Solved.... Solved.... n solvedby some mean (confidencial way) i have installed window in it...!Thnxx for help and suggestion.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Blue-screen-error-c000021a-Fatal-system-error/td-p/1985357
Relevancy 104.47%

I m having a problem with my sister in law s computer Originally she had that annoying XP virus spyware which I think I managed to get rid of with Malwarebytes Anti Malware and System Mechanic Now I have a new problem After receiving a recent download from microsoft upon restarting I get the blue screen of death with this message STOP C a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x I can t get anywhere into Windows I ve done F F F everything I could think of without risking more damage since I m not trained for this I ve booted from the system mechanic CD with the Hard Drive recovery and while it said it found and fixed a problem it didn t fix this one I have no windows CD The computer is blue death C000021a screen Message System Error Process Logon Fatal Error of Windows a Dell and it s running Windows XP service pack with Explorer Heeeeeelp Other than the F keys I can Error Message blue screen of death C000021a Fatal System Error Windows Logon Process t get anywhere with this computer nbsp

A:Error Message blue screen of death C000021a Fatal System Error Windows Logon Process

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-blue-screen-of-death-c000021a-fatal-system-error-windows-logon-process.772043/
Relevancy 103.54%

Hello Everyone I have a Dell Blue c000021a(Fatal System Screen Error) XPS Studio i Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s GB Blue Screen c000021a(Fatal System Error) DDR RAM BIOS Dell Inc A Windows -bit Build GPU ATI HD GB RAM I am using a W adapter fyi and games seem to run fine once windows boots So my problem is I get a Blue screen a Blue Screen c000021a(Fatal System Error) few times when I reboot my system But then it just goes away on restart Sometimes I have to restart multiple times for it to windows to start up The blue screen occurs at the Windows is loading page right after the windows come together I have no idea why this error occurs I got so frustrated with it that I called Dell and the technician came and replaced my motherboard and hardrive But this error still occurs ANY help would be greatly appreciated I have absolutely no idea what drivers software would cause this to occur I am attaching the log files for the error and the dump file too The dump file is zipped since i can't attach dmp As I said before any kind of help resolving this would be much appreciated If someone could pinpoint which application hardware software in specific is causing this I will be SO GRATEFUL PS - I don't have any Antivirus either since I read about AVG making this happen Thanks SD

A:Blue Screen c000021a(Fatal System Error)

Quote: Originally Posted by SD1645

Hello Everyone,

I have a Dell XPS Studio 1645 i7 Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, 1597 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
4 GB DDR3 RAM
BIOS: Dell Inc. A08, 3/12/2010
Windows 7 64-bit 6.1.7600 Build 7600
GPU: ATI HD 4670 1GB RAM

I am using a 90W adapter fyi and games seem to run fine once windows boots.

So my problem is,

I get a Blue screen a few times when I reboot my system. But then it just goes away on restart. Sometimes I have to restart multiple times for it to windows to start up.

The blue screen occurs at the Windows is loading page right after the windows come together. I have no idea why this error occurs, I got so frustrated with it that I called Dell and the technician came and replaced my motherboard and hardrive. But this error still occurs. ANY help would be greatly appreciated..I have absolutely no idea what drivers/software would cause this to occur. I am attaching the log files for the error and the dump file too (The dump file is zipped since i can't attach .dmp) .

As I said before any kind of help resolving this would be much appreciated. If someone could pinpoint which application/hardware/software in specific is causing this I will be SO GRATEFUL!

PS:- I don't have any Antivirus either (since I read about AVG making this happen)

Thanks,
SD

This crash was probably caused by smss.exe. That file is normally a prt of the win 7 SO when located in c:\windows|system32, but if located anywhere else it has been known to be a virus.

I would run a systemf ile check to repair your OS files
type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow

I would also download Microsoft security essentials and run a scan to be sure.

Let us know if you need help

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\042310-35240-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*F:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02860000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02a9de50
Debug session time: Fri Apr 23 15:04:22.918 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:23.074
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C000021A, {fffff8a00012ac00, 0, ffffffffc0000001, 100580}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpSystemErrorHandler2+5e1 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WINLOGON_FATAL_ERROR (c000021a)
The Winlogon process terminated unexpectedly.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8a00012ac00, String that identifies the problem.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Error Code.
Arg3: ffffffffc0000001
Arg4: 0000000000100580

Debugging Det... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/80367-blue-screen-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 102.3%

Safe Mode has failed me. Cannot load last. Used a XP OS CD with SP2 on it for expanding winlogon. Computer will not allow me to reinstall over the existing XP. I have been using a different XP OS CD that has SP2 with the XP. Have not tried the appropriate XP OS CD yet but will next. Any thoughts or steps to rescue this computer. Have not backed up in several weeks but nothing too critical on this unit but itunes. We have several PC's and this is the most used. I had thought I had eliminated the AVSuite Spyware and Redirect issue using TSSDKiller but it came back with a vengence. In safe mode I was searching the registry for AVSuite references and deleting them. Reboot. BSD ;( Ouch.
Help me obie wan - you are my only hope.

A:Blue Screen STOP c000021a {Fatal System Error}

Hi Bones, and welcome to TSF.

Not sure what you are trying to acheive but you should be running on SP3 and if you are and you're using a disc which has been slipstreamed with SP2 it won't work. Make another disc using this http://www.howtohaven.com/system/sli...e-pack-3.shtml

I think there is a very good chance that your machine is infected. If the slipstream doesn't work......

Please click on the following link to produce the requested logs and start a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section, NOT BACK HERE. If you still require assistance AFTER your logs are declared clean please post back here.

Click here >>>>> First Steps

Follow the instructions carefully. If you cannot complete any of the steps, go on to the next but don't forget to mention your problem to the analyst.

You will need to be patient as this section is usually very busy but a security analyst will be along to assist you as soon as one is available.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-493920.html
Relevancy 102.3%

Apparently I got a trojan. The last thing I saw on my computer before it locked up was a fake virus protection software telling me I had a billion viruses. I attempted to reboot in safe mode and run a virus scan. No dice...

After that I put in my computers repair software that came with the computer and did a Check Disk and Diagnostic. No dice...

Can anyone PLEASE help me get past the blue screen saying fatal system error c000021a (0xc0000034).

I am on a DELL Inspiron 6400, Windows XP.
After doing some research I read something about Dr. Watson debugging software but I cant figure out how to run it in DOS let alone understand what it is for...

If there is no hope for my computer, can I attach an external harddrive and copy files to it via DOS?

Thanks alot.

Relevancy 102.3%

hello.. i am new to this forum... i am not very techno savvy... my comp screen has turned blue and is giving an error msg.
stop: c000021a (fatal system error)
the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
the system has been shut down..

i have a dell drivers and utilities cd for reinstalling dell inspiron and xps system software. but when i try installing that i again get a msg that says

your cd/dvd drive during this boot cycle is f::

a ramdisk drive is available for this boot cycle as C::
it contains several hard drive setup tools. please use these tools only under the direction of dell support staff.

f:\>

what do i do?? i need to reinstall the operating system.. dont know how to do it.. please help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.756717/
Relevancy 102.3%

Hi guys A few days ago I started my computer and it blue-screened with the message A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try chaging video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing {Fatal c000021a Another STOP: blue-screen Error} System If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to Another blue-screen STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF F AD xF B A xF B A I had installed XP over the existing Professional last February and it has worked well until this popped up I tried using the XP disk to repair the system and the computer seems to boot normally until it started to display desktop shortcuts At this point the computer blue screens with the message STOP c a Fatal a href http www pcreview co uk forums thread- php target blank class externalLink rel nofollow System a Error The widows subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x fd b x fac The system has been shut down Now I can restart using safe mode with networking and that mode seems fully functional except I can only log on as administrator and other restrictions I assume come with the safe mode I found one response to someone else with this error and tried C Documents and Settings Administrator gt sfc scannow Which resulted in Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files The specific error code is x ba The RPC server is unavailable I tried reinstalling XP but then I had a dual-boot XP XP system in which the Another blue-screen STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} old XP had the same problems and the new XP worked fine except that it had none of my settings background start-up menu etc I Another blue-screen STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} removed the second copy of XP by using the control panel gt gt System gt gt Advanced to edit boot ini removing the second operating systems line The system now seems to be in the same state it was after I tried repairing it This is an especially inopportune moment since I amusing the computer to search for a job and my daughter is using it to prepare for her first year at college Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-blue-screen-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.839438/
Relevancy 102.3%

Apparently I got a trojan. The last thing I saw on my computer before it locked up was a fake virus protection software telling me I had a billion viruses. I attempted to reboot in safe mode and run a virus scan. No dice...

After that I put in my computers repair software that came with the computer and did a Check Disk and Diagnostic. No dice...

Can anyone PLEASE help me get past the blue screen saying fatal system error c000021a (0xc0000034).

After doing some research I read something about Dr. Watson debugging software but I cant figure out how to run it in DOS let alone understand what it is for...

If there is no hope for my computer, can I attach an external harddrive and copy files to it via DOS?

Thanks alot.

A:blue screen of death / fatal system error c000021a

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-fatal-system-error-c000021a-506120.html
Relevancy 102.3%

Thanks alot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/blue-screen-of-death-fatal-system-error-c000021a-506255.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel System The Logon With Ad-aware System (fatal Crashes Window Process Te... Screen Message: Process A Into Blue Stop:c000021a Error) Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Ad-aware Crashes Into A Blue Screen With Message: Stop:c000021a (fatal System Error) The Window Logon Process System Process Te... ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system Ad-aware Crashes Into A Blue Screen With Message: Stop:c000021a (fatal System Error) The Window Logon Process System Process Te... igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC WINDOWS system aa c ff exeC PROGRA PRINTV pvmodule exeC Program Files Common Files F E- C- - - Update exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exec dell E-center gtb exeC Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink netR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie ton search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http start earthlink net AL SearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www earthlink net partner more msie ton search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google caR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google caR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start earthlink net AL SearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel usR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http us mcafee com root campaign asp cid R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess ElnIE dllR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - -C B - F -AB -F BF D FD DD - C WINDOWS system pmnlj dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO IeCatch Class - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dllO - BHO EarthLink Popup Blocker - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO PrintViewBHO Class - D E C - CE- - A - FD C - C PROGRA PRINTV PRINTH DLLO - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgieba... Read more

A:Ad-aware Crashes Into A Blue Screen With Message: Stop:c000021a (fatal System Error) The Window Logon Process System Process Te...

Hi george_527,

We're studying your log right now and will be back to you a.s.a.p.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66296/ad-aware-crashes-into-a-blue-screen-with-message-stopc000021a-fatal-system-error-the-window-logon-process-system-process-terminated-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 93%

Hello all This is my first post I am not very computer literate and I am having a very large problem at the moment with my Windows XP Media Edition with Microsoft Service Pack installed This morning I started my computer and it worked fine initially loading up my desktop background and desktop icons then the task bar at the bottom turned grey Without clicking anything my screen then turned blue and I got the error message that follows STOP c a Fatal System Error The WIndows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with Blue Error}" Windows System {Fatal "SPOP: Screen XP c000021a a status of Windows XP Blue Screen "SPOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}" x x x The system has been shut down I rebooted about times getting the same error but on the th time it logged on as normal I was then able to use the computer for about an hour I then turned it off After rebooting it a few minutes ago the same error has appeared again and have rebooting about times it doesnt seem to be going this time On occasions I get a different error which is quot STOP c Unable To Locate Component This application has failed to start because qt-mt dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance Has anyone got any idea what this is and how to solve it And if the two errors are related Thank you Haychee nbsp

Relevancy 92.07%

hi folks bit of problem here screen death blue error fatal of c000021a but i have the solution i just need to know if theres any way i can get past the bluw screen of death to fix it a w dll file was deleted by my antivirus software after it got infected and the blue screen came up after this i have the file on my computer but obviously cant get blue screen of death fatal error c000021a to it the computer wont boot in safe mode or from the last good config but i was hopin theres a blue screen of death fatal error c000021a way i could unrar and copy the file through the recovery console or if i make a Usb boot stick from there any help much appreciated ps i was just thinking although i dont have the setup disk dell store a copy of the xp CD on the hard drive C i would it be possible to run a utility from there that would replace the missing files if so how would i access it could it be done from the recovery console aL

A:blue screen of death fatal error c000021a

honestly if it was already infected my best suggestion is to borrow some ones computer and access your old HDD from the other computer and just saved the important files because there no use doing all that work when theres a chance it can get corrupted again =\

and im also having a BSOD problem like non stop! and i can't figure it out also.. i've reformatted so much and still no luck so im guessing its really a hardware problem.

but yeah man i suggest starting off clean and new again i mean if you know how to low level formatt that'll help too specially when its a brand new year :D new start :D

gl!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-fatal-error-c000021a-454273.html
Relevancy 82.77%

Hi I error error) (fatal system Malware infection then and removal doctor c000021a have fundamentally the same problem as Laura H from this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html I ve had problems with these fake antivirus programs before and they really did a number on my laptop I treated the problem using various tools mostly malware bytes and deleting some suspect files Been working fine for the most part however today out out of nowhere I was attacked by malware doctor I deleted the suspect file from the temporary internet files folder and ran malware bytes that detected trojan and deleted Shortly after drwatson was shut down and some time later I think explorer shut down because my desktop went back to basics no theme desktop wallpaper etc the windows look if you grasp what I m trying to get at I thought it was no big issue and in my own time restarted laptop when I Malware doctor infection removal and then error c000021a (fatal system error) realized audio wasn t working after trying to play a film Upon restart I get the blue screen with the same message as Lauras So for the most part I m in the same situation as Laura with some minor Malware doctor infection removal and then error c000021a (fatal system error) differences such as I didn t use Spy doctor etc I have Kaspersky AV installed which has been inefficient in protecting my laptop lately especially from these fake AV attacks I am using Windows Firewall which I know is a bad idea Myrti was helping Laura resolve the issue and I have followed her instructions upto the following actions locate this file and right click it gt choose rename Malware doctor infection removal and then error c000021a (fatal system error) gt rename it to userinit txtnow we will do the same for explorer exe and winlogon exe and hlp dat and rename the filefind txt after each search in explorer txt winlogon txt and hpl txt respectively I will paste the text from these files below Laura couldn t access her USB in xPUD so Myrti went off on a different direction which I cannot follow If Myrti could tell me what I need to do after creating the text files it would be of a really great help Anyone else is also welcome to put in their cents too Search results for userinit exe b ffb c acbae d aff mnt sda WINDOWS system dllcache userinit exe K Aug b ffb c acbae d aff mnt sda WINDOWS system userinit exe K Aug a aee a d ce e d ec f mnt sda WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download e a f efb e bf userinit exe K Apr b ffb c acbae d aff mnt sda WINDOWS ERDNT cache userinit exe K Aug Search results for explorer exed ea ac c e ef f abef mnt sda Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware explorer exe M Jul f ca f b dd abcb cb e mnt sda WINDOWS system dllcache explorer exe K Aug fb bfb dc b bcaedc mnt sda WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download e a f efb e bf explorer exe K Apr a ae b e mnt sda WINDOWS ERDNT cache explorer exe K Aug cc e bb c c eb c bbb mnt sda WINDOWS explorer exe K Aug Search results for winlogon exeaf bf da fc c b bb d e mnt sda WINDOWS system dllcache winlogon exe K Aug ed ef a dec df f e mnt sda WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download e a f efb e bf winlogon exe K Apr c c f aed e bfe mnt sda WINDOWS ERDNT cache winlogon exe K Aug Search results for hlp data ec c e d b b a d ced mnt sda Documents and Settings All Users Documents Server hlp dat K Aug Thank you Can anyone tell what is wrong with the system from the text files or is it too early to tell yet Btw I am running Windows XP not sure about SP prob maybe To confirm safe mode last known config and all other options lead to blue screen with error message EDIT Posts merged BP

A:Malware doctor infection removal and then error c000021a (fatal system error)

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350489/malware-doctor-infection-removal-and-then-error-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 82.77%

Hi, I have been getting the dreaded blue screen of death with STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)" Error Occurs when i log into my windows 2000 service pack 3 and my linksys wireless usb network adapter connects me to the internet. My computer will remain on and run fine if i do not connect to the internet. This also will happen if i connect to the internet using my backup 56k modem. Any suggestions on what is happening?

Relevancy 81.53%

Hi everyone,
This morning I turned on my PC (Windows 7 x64) and I get this blue screen error STOP:c000021a [FATAL SYSTEM ERROR].
I can't even get passed the starting windows screen it just keeps on rebooting then getting blue screen again. I've tried safe mode and last known configuration point. Both just give me blue screen after the drivers are loaded. Haven't installed anything new recently so I don't know what the cause of this problem could be. I apparently have no system restore points even though Norton would make them every scan. I can get to command prompt and that is the only thing I can get to. Is there a way I can fix this through command prompt. I think I've attached the screen it gives me and that's all I know.
Thanks!

Relevancy 110.94%

Was wondering if anyone could help me I m running a Rock Xtreme Laptop GHz P MB RAM GB HDD C000021a HELP! Error System Fatal Was running Windows XP Pro however without reason on one boot It began to load XP showed the Windows XP boot screen however once that HELP! C000021a Fatal System Error was finished instead of displaying the welcome screen as usual it showed a blank screen no cursor I thought it to be a good idea to re-instal windows I wasn t bothered about loosing files and folders I have it all backed up I tried installing XP Pro It copied files successfuly after a quick NTFS format however when it came to installation I recieved a blue screen with the fatal system error C a Apparently a KnownDLL file failed verification or something So I tried reformatting and installing Server Standard Again same problem after files were successfully copied So I tried Vista Ultimate again to no avail Setup copied files but failed to expand them install Tried each Windows Installation also with full format not quick however they hung at I presume it s a hard drive error however need to fix it Waranty expired Jan If ANYONE has ANY IDEAS please let me know asap For ease could you please email them straight to email protected Would be GREATLY appreciated Thank you in advance for any help Dean Kellham nbsp

A:HELP! C000021a Fatal System Error

first you should not post your e-mail address there are bots that look for them and YOU WILL GET SPAMMED...
it sounds like the HD is dead or dieing...look here and see if you can run chkdsk...it could also be benificial to run memtest86 plus to make sure you don't have RAM problems..get the second one down...unzip it...it makes a bootable .ISO file..burn it to a cd ...put it in the cd drive and power up...let it run for at least 2 hours unless you start getting a bunch of errors..press escape to end the tests

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-c000021a-fatal-system-error.570984/
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello Recently I have been getting BSOD's got rd time in bootups It happens on Starting Windows screen The latest one said something like this Quote STOP c a Fatal System Error The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x xc another combination of integers and alphabets which i can't recall The system has been shut down And this is not it I have been getting problems lately This Starting Windows screen stays for long time so boot time has doubled or even more Weeks back my system went slow overall I was going to post in here but before that I ran my Anti-virus ran defrag tool and these didn't help Then check disk helped me and everything went like normal When my system was slow opening any drive took very long and was really frustrating And i was amazed when I used to close the window since it took too much time and when it was time that drive was explored in a new window Also I used to play movies they used to get stuck in between and that still happened after my system was faster but it was kinda rare with some movies only So now I am confused about my system I wonder if both problems are connected to eachother I doubt it could be my HDD though this system is just years old PS I checked on the internet for HDD c000021a Error System Fatal Diagnostics tool and found this My PC's specs Windows bit GB DDR RAM TB WD HDD Device manager reads this WDC WD EARX- N YB ATA Device AMD Phenom X BE Please let me know if you require any information EDIT I just read and I will try getting the BSOD error details when I face BSOD and post them here Thank you

A:c000021a Fatal System Error

Hello sp33dky, try to boot into Advanced Boot Options > Last Know Good Configuration (advanced).

When booted into desktop, try a system restore to an earlier point of time than the problem is started. Let us know if it works or not.

For the disk caution, follow this post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279860-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 110.94%
A:C000021a Fatal system Error

take a look here, see if it helps.

you will need access to the internet, though. Can you boot in safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c000021a-fatal-system-error.462488/
Relevancy 110.94%

hi there to all geniius ppl
i am stuck my my xp installation pro
everything was going fine after deleting partiion, creating partiion, formatting but when installation start, its just stop at about 60 percent on a blue screen saying stop: c000021a (fatal system error). the windows logon process terminated unexpectablly with a status f oxc0000135#
the system has been shut down
i dont hve access to c promth..nothing
plz plz help me
thanks

A:c000021a(fatal system error)

Try erasing everything on the hard drive by using a third party program such as DBAN (Link available in my signature).

After DBAN is finished - then try installing XP again.

Let us know if it works,

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c000021a-fatal-system-error-386681.html
Relevancy 110.94%

i have a dell dim-2400 and i got the blue screen c000021a error and unable to do recovery with it it, has financial info on the hdd and i need to get it on a external hdd how can i get this thing back to work?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c000021a-fatal-system-error-304754.html
Relevancy 110.94%

quot The NT initial command process system process terminated unexpectedly no sh t with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down quot --What got me to this point Troubleshooting a Vista HP machine that had mywebsearch MWS and other non-lethal spywares and blue screens Solved the MWS pretty easily with MWB but the machine kept blue screening went too fast to write down error codes OK so I ran numerous Vista diagnostics even removed the HD and ran error checker through another machine with this drive plugged in via SATA to USB adapter Found and fixed some errors Also replaced RAM with one of mine no change in symptoms so I replaced factory ram Machine would boot up fine but very shortly therafter stop and Error C000021a Fatal System or blue screen One error code I managed to get was relative to some ISATAP thing I researched this and didn t find too much that was helpful but I did go to device manager and uninstall this from the network adapter area I pulled another SATA drive and inserted it into the machine with the intent of formatting and reinstalling OS As soon as I turned on machine it said no hard drive was C000021a Fatal System Error found and stopped I repeated this process with additional SATA drives with the exact same error This really got my head spinning I reinserted the orginal drive after downloading all the data to a separate machine and lo and behold it came right up with same errors as noted earlier So I ran the Vista Recovery from the partition Dell Inspiron it went through all normal steps until just the end when it gave the error described in the title I repeated the recovery in case I had missed something and the same error and stop code arose Where should I look next If I am dealing just with a bad HD then the others should have at least been NOTICED by the machine If I were dealing with a bad HD slot the original one SHOULD NOT have been noticed eaither Good grief I am so stumped I will be grateful for anyone s insight and guidance on this issue I hope I have provided enough detail without being too verbose But as a tech I know it is helpful sometimes to have that little piece of data that seems unimportant Thank you VERY much for reviewing and possibly answering Don in Tucson AizA nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c000021a-fatal-system-error.818609/
Relevancy 110.94%

Helping out a friend. Yesterday, we successfully removed the System Tool Virus. After I verified everything was working properly and left, he attempted to install Bit Defender and received the following error:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

I have tried Safe mode and system restore, both coming up with the same error.
Can anyone help me ?

OS is Windows XP, Dell Inspiron 9300 notebook computer.

A:Fatal System Error c000021a

0xc0000034 is the real error to be concerned with...the 21A is just a generic code resulting from the 34 STOP error.MS Says...I might add...from what I see, most persons with this error don't seem to have a solution other than "use System Restore" or "reinstall".Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382435/fatal-system-error-c000021a/
Relevancy 110.94%

Hi Guys

I know this sounds like a very common problem but I can't get my Dell Inspiron 1300 to boot I get the STOP msg above with the associated blue screen of death.

WinXP starts to load then stops.

The status is: 0x0000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000)

The machine will not even boot from the recovery disk.

Any ideas?

Hugo

A:c000021a {Fatal system Error}

Hello Hugo and Welcome to TSF. I did some research it seems Norton Go Back bundled in Norton SystemWorks could be the culprit. Have a look here http://www.castlecops.com/p801026-Fa...x00000000.html. Report back with successes and failures.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c000021a-fatal-system-error-116635.html
Relevancy 110.94%

When I start my computer a black screen with the Dell logo comes on www dell com Dimension BIOS Revision A C000021a Error System Fatal and F Setup f Boot Menu in the upper right corner Then it goes to another black screen that list some information on the type of BIOS copyright Fatal System Error C000021a information etc then it says Primary hard disk not found strike the F key to continue F to run the setup utility When I strike the F key the Windows XP logo comes on like it is going to start and then it goes to a blue screen with the following message STOP c a Fatal system Error The Session Manager Initilalization system process terminated unexpectantly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down I called Dell who had me run hardware test from the setup utility which said the system didn t have hardware issues They had me turn off Primary drive and Primary drive before I ran the tests Now I m getting that error message primary hard disk drive not found From the F Boot menu I ran my Norton SystemWorks CD and ran Norton AntiVirus which didn find any virus When Fatal System Error C000021a I ran this the night before this all started it found Dc exe csrss exe ntsrv exe and services exe which I tried to quarantine and delete with no success I have Dell Dimension Pentium GHz MB PC RDRAM GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive RPM MB DDR NVIDIA Graphic Card I use a Westell Versalink gateway model w - to access my Verizon DSL and use Windows Internet Explorer Norton SystemWorks Spybot Ad-ware Personal SE Spycatcher Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Fatal System Error C000021a

One seemingly odd question, is the clock accurate? Computers have a small power supply, a battery or capacitor to keep bios information up to date when computer is turned off. Sometimes this power supply goes bad and has trouble finding hard drive and also resets clock to 12:00 on whatever the earliest date in its program is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37696/fatal-system-error-c000021a/
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello All,

I have just installed a clean install of win xp sp2 on my dell vostro 1500. it worked fine for 2 days, but this morning when i started computer , it starts and as soon as i c my desktop, i get a blue screen saying this message:

"c000021a fatal system error, the windows subsytem process terminated unexpectedly - 0x7c9101b3 0x0069f28c"

the dumping process started ... and it does that restarts and does the same again.

can some one please help me out.

Thanks i appreciate it.

A:C000021a fatal system error in WIN XP pro sp2

Worth a look: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/112455, technical info follows:0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATEDThis occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can?t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.If the reason for the reinstall was malware...I would say that odds are that you are still infected. My suggestion would be to ask to have this thread moved to the Am I Infected forum. The problem with that is that you don't seem to be able to boot into Windows to do anything useful.If you are sure...not just wishful...that it's not a malware situation, then I would suggest a repair install of XP.Could also be some type of hardware problem, but that's just enumeration of the logical suspects possible. You haven't posted sufficient information for anyone to make that call, IMO.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255150/c000021a-fatal-system-error-in-win-xp-pro-sp2/
Relevancy 110.94%

My desktop computer has completely ceased all function When I try to boot up it thinks to itself for a minute and then flashes the blue screen with this error STOP c a Fatal System Error The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x c000021a Error Fatal System xc x The system has been shut down It does this every single time that I start the computer I get the option to try and repair but it just takes minutes longer to reach the same exact result I'd like to give a little bit of history to explain the situation better The desktop a Dell XPS began acting fishy about weeks ago when it began randomly crashing giving me BSOD's with a variety of errors including PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR It would always crash within a few hours of rebooting usually when anti-virus was running or simply if a lot was going on I surfed around for solutions some here many in other places and tried to use the chkdsk f r and sfc scannow programs Trying to run chkdsk f r would nearly finish completing - up until processing the quot free clusters quot of memory when it would freeze Ever since running the sfc scannow program my computer has been in its current predicament I'm fuming over this because I've got a lot of files that I'd rather not lose Please keep in mind I cannot get my desktop to boot PERIOD Any suggestions as to what could be done will be appreciated I get the feeling that c000021a Fatal System Error I'm going to have to send it to a local PC repair shop or even worse ship it to Dell Thanks in advance

A:c000021a Fatal System Error

Sounds like a RAM error... I think.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/264749-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 110.94%

hi i am running windows xp home and when im starting my pc this error comes up in a blue screen:

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

i dunno how to solve it... any help would be greatly apprieciated.. thank you .

A:c000021a-fatal system error

can u plz give me a quick reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c000021a-fatal-system-error-350244.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello all my laptop recently caught what i believe was called vundo virus i deleted two dll's that my {fatal c000021a error} system anti virus program said were bad Upon rebooting c000021a {fatal system error} my computer would get to windows loading screen then give me a blue message which said stop C a fatal system error and mentioned something about the logon and it gave me a code x x x i brought it to a tech shop and they could not fix it Although my other two Os's vista and linux will boot my xp pro is having issue's only I went through vista and used cmd to restore those two dll's from the recycling bin and i rebooterd and got back into xp and no blue screen then about min later my laptop died i didnt notice the charger came out When i plugged it back in and tried to boot xp it again gave me blue message gt lt I went back on vista and went online and someone said to replace the winlogon exe with the on from cd i tried it and still got a blue screen but now with an error code of xc f x x Thank you for reading any help will be greatly appreciated

A:c000021a {fatal system error}

Also forgot to mention i can't get in to xp with safe mode,last known good config or any of that i tried chkdsk -r in recovery console and nothing still!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c000021a-fatal-system-error-306717.html
Relevancy 110.94%

i was using my computer then i got infected by a virus i try to open the internet but it would not open then i try to turn it off but whould not turn of so i unpugged it.then on it back but the srceen went blue and said:stop:c000021a {fatal system error} the window logon process terminated unexpectedly with a sate of 0x0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).the system has been shutdown someone plz help me .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346655/c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.94%

i have reformated my hp pavilion dv5000 laptop. i tried to get rid of that stupid blue screen. i reinstalled windows xp but when i try to upgrade to vista i get a blue screen with c000021a fatal system error. how do i finally fix this problem.

A:c000021a fatal system error

Download and install all the drivers for that model (as posted on the label on the back, not the bezel on the front). Do the Chipset first, then the video graphics, then all the others. Soon you will be done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c000021a-fatal-system-error.78796/
Relevancy 110.94%

i have reformated my hp pavilion dv5000 laptop. i tried to get rid of that stupid blue screen. i reinstalled windows xp but when i try to upgrade to vista i get a blue screen with c000021a fatal system error. how do i finally fix this problem

A:c000021a fatal system error

Talk to HP tech support, or get the model number from the label on the back, then go to the HP support and downloads site to download all the drivers and fixes for that model listed on the label... and print the install instructions... Simple matter, but time consuming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c000021a-fatal-system-error.78797/
Relevancy 110.94%

STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly {Fatal c000021a Error} System with a status of xc x x The system has been shutdown this is the exact error code i have im using Dell Inspiron E it was microsoft xp c000021a {Fatal System Error} media center edition with gb of ram bit ghz and duo core cpu thats all i could remember i transferred the folder quot Microsoft Games quot off my windows vista to my windows xp but it didnt work but i dont think thats what caused this to happened well yesterday i was watching quot AIR quot anime then i stopped watching it then i was trying to find quot InkBall quot its a game only for vista a version that is compatible with xp but it turns out none of it worked some instructions required me to add a new folder in c windows so i did yet it didnt work so i just deleted the folder i downloaded VAIOP i think thats what it was called and widows journal viewer they were both compatible to windows xp i was cleaning my computer using this program called quot Auslogics Bootspeed quot it scanned that i had -ish temp files but it couldnt delete it so i tried delete it manually so i manually ended a process name called quot itt tmp quot i think it was like that then i restarted the computer then thats where my problem started when i reboot my computer after the windows xp logo it goes into BSOD then i tried starting in safe mode with cmd yet still the same result i had a diagnostic scan and had a graphic error it was Error Code Msg Error Code - but i didnt think graphic and my fatal error system was irrelevant does any know how to fix it i will only reinstall my OS for my last resort cuz i really dont want to lose any data http www techspot com vb topic htm this is a link of reinstalling os only for my last resort http support microsoft com default asp this is the same problem of mine but the problem is i cannot boot into safemode with cmd or neither restart didnt help since i cant boot into safe mode with cmd

A:c000021a {Fatal System Error}

I did some research, and found some people with the same problem on the CNET forums. See if this helps.

I am narrowing in on the problem...
by Dick White - 4/15/05 10:45 PM
In reply to: XP startup-Fatal system error-session manager initialization by Strangette
and its a real *****! So far, attempting to boot to Safe Mode or any other option on the F8 boot menu has no effect. The initialization error occurs before even safe mode is reached, so it becomes an endless loop of splash screen, reboot, splash screen, reboot, rinse and repeat.

The only solution that has yet worked for me is reloading the operating system from the install CD. Fortunately I have built all my systems from scratch with genuine M$ install CDs, not the big OEM house restore disks. Thus, I can use the repair option in the first screen of the retail install and not lose have the routine reset the partition to the original factory load. I am currently on my third reload of the evening and it is 1:30 in the freakin' morning so I am not a happy camper and I am not likely to finish troubleshooting this tonight, but here is what I know so far.

When the OS is reloaded from the original CD (a 40 minute process that looks exactly like a virgin install, but actually just overwrites the Windoze system files without blowing off the registry or any programs or data) TURN OFF Automatic Updates!!!! You may go to the Windoze Updates site manually and let it search for updates, but use the "Custom Install" not the "Express Install." This will allow you select the specific patches to be installed. When I started working on this issue earlier tonight and determined what was happening, I began installing the updates one at a time to find the one that caused the failure. I got halfway through the list of 16 and then got lazy. I did 4 at once and everything was fine. Then I did the last 4 on the list and bang, I'm dead again.

DO NOT INSTALL UPDATE NUMBERS 890859, 891781, 893066, or 893086. It is one of these that killed me. I do not yet know which one. Stay tuned and maybe I'll have some time on Sunday (won't have any time tomorrow, sorry) or one of you can take over the detective work.

Now if I were to rename my computer as "Kenny," then I could truthfully say, "Those bastards, they killed Kenny."

dw

Hotfix number 890859 is the culprit. Another tech in Microsoft's own newsgroup has documented it as well. But I can't find any evidence that Microsoft itself has acknowledged it. The easier solution than my method of reinstalling is outlined here.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/spuninst.htm

So put out the word - turn off Automatic Updates, install updates manually and do not install # 890859. You may need to check the "hide this update" box so it doesn't get included again in future update cycles.

dw

Good luck
-alias

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c000021a-fatal-system-error-285404.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello Today turn on my computer and it restarts after the boot up screen and it keeps doing it in a loop I XP system c000021a fatal on Help error SP3 boot it up without restart on system failure and i get a blue screen and an error message STOP c a Fatal System error So far in only works in safe mode please help Here is a copy of my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Help c000021a fatal system error on XP SP3 svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www optonline net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Help c000021a fatal system error on XP SP3 BHO Internet Explorer Plugin - C B AF-CBE - F -AB - FC D - yoxgsvpc dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe Help c000021a fatal system error on XP SP3 quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run CanonSolutionMenu C Program Files Canon SolutionMenu CNSLMAIN exe logon O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop anthony media go QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run neuksvmi C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data xhbsqlskv chqacdkuqiw exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run neuksvmi C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data xhbsqlskv chqacdkuqiw exe User Default user O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com win... Read more

A:Help c000021a fatal system error on XP SP3

Can anyone help me with this problem i cant get on the computer without safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-c000021a-fatal-system-error-on-xp-sp3.963787/
Relevancy 110.94%

My computer (64bit) has a blue screen that reads c000021a {fatal system error} and wont let me start up even in safe mode! We have run a start up repair and a system restore and both of those fail. Please help!

A:c000021a {Fatal System Error} What do I do now?

Hi cmozey, please run the following steps:Download http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/unetboot...dows-latest.exe to the desktop of your clean computerInsert your USB drivePress Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick formatDouble click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloadedPress Run then OKIt will install a little bootable OS on your USBAfter it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installerRemove the USB and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computerPress F12 and choose to boot from the USBFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBNow for the tricky part; we need to locate replacement copies for two files: explorer.exe and wininit.exePlease see if you can do a file search for these two files and post me the locations you found.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344040/c000021a-fatal-system-error-what-do-i-do-now/
Relevancy 110.94%

Sony Vaio VPCEH25FM laptop

Sorry can not post screenshot but this is what is going on...

The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x00010620) The System Has Been Shut down.

When the start up repair runs it tells me it can not repair it automatically and I get this...
Problem Signature
Problem Event Name: Start Up Repair Offline
Problem Signature 01: .6.1.7600.16385
02: .6.1.7600.16385
03: UNKNOWN
04: -1
05: AUTOFAIL OVER
06: 12
07: NO ROOT CAUSE
OS Version 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID 1033

Is this enough info for someone to please help me?

A:Fatal System Error c000021a

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399210-fatal-system-error-c000021a.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Out of the "blue" and into the blue, here we go:

STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Initial Command Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000001 (0x00000001 0x00010043c)

No way to "RE" Start in ANY mode, whatsoever, (Safe, Advanced, Normal, Network, or C prompt) just keeps looping around.

Assistance greatly appreciated.

Vista Home Basic

Kind thanks.

A:HELP!! STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

Originally Posted by speckled

Out of the "blue" and into the blue, here we go:

The Initial Command Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000001 (0x00000001 0x00010043c)

No way to "RE" Start in ANY mode, whatsoever, (Safe, Advanced, Normal, Network, or C prompt) just keeps looping around.

Assistance greatly appreciated.

Vista Home Basic

Kind thanks.

Basically you only have one option. boot from dvd, and either repair install or clean re-install
Can you give us more info on the hardware

Thanks

Ken J

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259879-help-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi there I seem to be having some serious problems and I have no clue what to do next Maybe anyone here knows a solution Yesterday I found out about that latest windows leak I ran some tests and I System Repairable Not C000021a Error. Fatal was infected with it so I downloaded the patch installed it and hoped for the best Because I was working to clean my computer a bit anyway I decided to run ad-aware to scan for any junk on my comp I have been using ad-aware since like for ever and never had any problems with it The first time I tried running C000021a Fatal Not Repairable System Error. ad-aware it scanned k files and then the problem occured My windows shut off I C000021a Fatal Not Repairable System Error. got a bright blue screen wich stated STOP c a onherstelbare systeemfout Het systeemproces windows logon process is onverwachts afgebroken met de status xc c x x Het systeem is afgesloten Since I dont know if any dutch people come here I ll try to translate it to english but I might be a little off STOP c a not repairable sytem error The system process Windows Logon Process suddenly stopped with the status xc c x x The system is shut-down The only thing possible after this message is hitting your power button and start up your computer again I tried running ad-aware again and to my surprise it scanned up to k files I thought I was lucky and all went well after reboot but no luck I got the same error again After a third reboot I started windows in save mode as I have seen it recommended on several topics at this site Ad-aware had the same response this time after scanning k files Rebooted again to save mode and tried spybot S amp D and AVG anti-virus Both found some infections removed them but the problem still occured Next thing I did Ask a friend for help He said well Since the problem only occurs when you try to scan with ad-aware Un-install it and dont use it anymore You have Spybot S amp D and AVG too so why bother I thought there might be some sense in it So I decided to do nothing and see what happens The first thing that changed after another reboot was that the computer does not stop loading anymore I had every program I normally use shut-off but the comp keeps loading on The next thing I tried was getting another anti spy-ware program When I tried to download it I found out my download speed was down to kb s I tried google to find any solutions to the problem but the next change happenned My start page changes everytime I start up IE and when I google something and press a link it redirects me to another search engine wich wont show anything I want Even worse no matter what link I click on google or yahoo it gets me to a site wich claims to be a search-engine but actually is an advertisement page for a enormous pool in my backyard And then the final change Since this morning I get pop-ups like crazy casino ones and some prices I won because im the th million viewer or so There is one pop-up I really dont get though Microsoft office it wants to install about every minutes I need to cancel it times before it ll leave and it gets back soon enough again There are some other minor changes but thats because of the spyware and I dont think it s worth mentioning THINGS I TRIED MYSELF run spybot S amp D and AVG in save mode they both removed some junk but didn t help anything system restore to september wich was a pretty good idea in my opinion but it didn t do anything either panda scan found about problems but need to upgrade to pro to get them of Since I dont have a credit card its rather hard to order it I am really desperate here Anyone have an idea or a possible solution Any help would be much apreciated Cheers Bart

A:C000021a Fatal Not Repairable System Error.

Hello technikalPlease read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". You may even have performed some of these steps already. If one does not work, then skip and go to the next. When done, about half way down are instructions for downloading HijackThis and creating a log.When you have done that, post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, not here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix.It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. Please be patient. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have no replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log here.After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make may cause confusion for the member assisting you and complicate the malware removal process.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66746/c000021a-fatal-not-repairable-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

hey guys wondering if u could help me repair my mac pro with xp x64. I rebooted after uninstalled an antivirus and i got this error prior to the login screen.

"c000021a STOP: {Fatal System Error} The Windows Login Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc00000080 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down".

Awh i know i can just boot in the xp x64 cd and format/reinstall, but i had alot of important stuff on the drive that i would like to to save. So is there away to fix it,I dont see a repair option in my xp x64 setup cd. Now ive tried hooking up the drive to an external connector and tried accessing some of the data, but its all locked.

A:XP X64 and STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

do you have goback installed on the machine

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-x64-and-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-177998.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I just bought a new computer from www Arbico co uk its a gaming computer which I also use for School coursework and it has LOTS of important information I've not saved onto my memory stick and I c000021a Error} System STOP: {Fatal need it back up and running The problem that I've encountered is -- STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x -- Which comes on a blue STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} screen before the login screen For the past week my computers Task bar Start Panel wont show just my background no icons I tried to fix it by uninstalling windows STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} internet explorer but it didn't help I uninstalled the application and now my computer is doing this - Restarts EVERYTIME just before it shows the logon screen and brings up a blue screen with this message STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc I CANNOT get onto safe mode and cannot get onto last known good configuration either and the caps are for those who always suggest start run because I explained I cannot even log on Can anyone please help me Thanks Evan

A:STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

I've just bought a new power supply and I will try it out now, I will post here if it works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-345297.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I've been searching the internet and nothing has worked. Whenever I log in I get this error
I'm on my phone because my laptop took a dive (please see last thread) and now my desktop had done so as well.

It's a Dell Precision T5400
Win xp pro I believe

I tried starting in safe mode and doing a system restore.. didn't work and now when I try to boot in safe mode I get this same error.. I tried booting from a windows xp cd and I get another error saying (didnt write down anything but this sorry) systemroot\system32\restore\ntdll.dll

I'm on my phone so sorry for typos.if you need anything else from me let me know.

Halp please :'(

Hi Devil Im sorry to hear about this. Its an extremely complicated error and the fix is kind of technical. Heres a link that I think might help you.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1180578731

You are going to need access to another working computer with an active internet connection. I found this information by googling systemroot\system32\restore\ntdll.dll
You can also do that and you will find alot of info about this problem and what to do about it. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Reguards
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-504349.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello, today I've been messing with some software tools like defrag and registry cleaner then i restarted my pc and now im getting blue screen with this error: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00010828).The system has been shut down.I've already tried system recovery but it fails everytime aswell as the repair tool. Also I downloaded some important Windows 7 update today so I did a bit of googling and I found out that this type of error happened to some people after updating their windows. So I tried to delete the latest windows update using command prompt in system recovery optains but that says that im not authorized to do that even tho I logged in as administrator.I've got no idea what else to do can anyone help me with this?

Sounds as if you will need to do a system repair which requires the installation CD.  Registry tools can do far more damage then good!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525767/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello,
I am getting this problem at the time of loading. After windows boot screen suddenly it shows the following-
"autochk program not found...Skipping Auto Check". It then immediately goes
to the blue screen with the following message:

"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminiated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down."

Previously at time of log on it was showing ntoskrnl.exe corrupt or missing. so from recovery console I used expand command to overwrite the file in windows\system32 by using a XP installation CD.
After this I am getting this error.
I have windows XP SP3 that I upgraded from SP2 version that I have on my installation CD.
Please tell me remedy to solve this problem, I dont want to format, because it would a time consuming process and all settings and software will be gone.

Relevancy 110.08%

Just few minutes ago i got this blue screen and i know the blue screen isnt a good sign!
i have had this error twice now, second time i thought i better ask people on techguy what to do.
this is the blue screen error that i had -

any suggestions what to do?

Sorry.. just noticed i didnt catch all the computer screen in the picture,

Relevancy 110.08%

This is long but stick with me The message quot Stop c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with System c000021a {Fatal Error} Stop: a status of xc s x x The system has been shut down quot willappear on the blue screen of death Sometimes a popup message will Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error} appear before quoting quot winlogon experienced a problem and must be terminated Press OK to terminate press cancel to debug If I don t push anything my computer will go on running fine If Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error} I press OK cancel or the X on the top right the computer will display another message saying the quot memory cannot be read quot if I get to this point my computer will undoubtedly fail If I leave the second message be it will duplicate itself over and over again freezing my computer and eventually displaying the message at the top of this form If I hit OK or the X it will go to that message at the top anyway it is usually trigged by logging on from hibernate or stand by after the computer was on hibernate for a long time and suddenly put back on and turned off to hibernate again That last sentence simplified Computer Hibernation hours Computer turned on - Hours Computer hibernation or stand by less than min on again Error message displayed in - min after rd use I m not sure I can get more specific from my personal explanation If anyone understands that please let me know whats happeing nbsp

A:Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

Welcome,

Do you have GoBack running on that PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.523382/
Relevancy 110.08%

My sons comp is showing this after replacing the processor, and we can't even get into safe mode or the recovery console, has anyone else experienced this problem, or even got a solution ?

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown.

Please Help !

P.S I know i'm an established member BC but was just a little unsure as to where to post this thread, so i'll apologise now if this is in the wrong dept !
Thankyou for any help in Advance !

A:Stop : C000021a Fatal system error

System manufacturer and model?

The error reported...arises from many different causes. You can verify that by using Google for the designated error.

You will note that several persons suggest using a registry cleaner to "fix" the problems noted. I suggest that this is unwise advice and it's impossible since you cannot boot into Windows.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267059/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

i have seen many posts about this error not just on bc but on many other sites but my Error} Stop:c000021a {fatal System problem is a bit different on the other forums that ive seen people have been getting this error message after changing an option in windows that requires them to reboot but mine isnt like that at all but i should start from the beginning one day i turned on my computer at first it booted up normally just the way it always did Stop:c000021a {fatal System Error} exept when my desktop wallpaper comes up everything stops the computer isnt frozen or anything just nothing happens so i decided to try task manager and on the current tasks there was nothing so i went to the process tab and all the processes were there but they all showed on the disk usage column the only one that had a number was system idle process and it was at i knew i couldent fix the problem withought getting into my computer and even a boot in safe mode did the same thing so in task manager i selected new task and went to a few different things i found that using new task to select my computer from deskto brought up my icons and everything went well but is still had to fix the problem after doing every sing virus scan adware scan spyware scan and whatnot nothing worked at all so i said screw it and i went to pc help and tools in my programs list in the start menu and i selected system recovery because my Stop:c000021a {fatal System Error} computer did not come with recovery disks or diskettes it said that i had to restart my computer so i obliged and when my computer restarted it showed the pc recovery loading screen its just black with a white status bar so after that fineshed i saw the HP invent screen with a loading bar wich is the starting of the recovery but after it fineshed loading i got the bsod wich said Stop c a fatal system error the Stop:c000021a {fatal System Error} windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x x x the system has been shut down my system is still usable however to get onto my desktop i still must use task manager and all i want to do is use system recovery my computer specs are HP Invent Microsoft Windows Xp Media Center Edition i do not have any recovery cd i do not have a floppy disk drive i do not have a windows xp install disk i have service pack any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Stop:c000021a {fatal System Error}

The error message means that the security of the operating system has been compromised and that it was shut down because security could no longer be guaranteed.

What make and model computer is this?
Do you have a recovery partition on your hard drive?
Have you scanned for viruses or malware?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106439/stopc000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello all, I recently received an email and stupidy opened a zip file containing a virus. Since then my computer turns on a gets this fatal system error blue screen straight away. I have tried safe mode and last known good configuration, nothing has worked! I have alot of important files and do not want to lose them. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 and it's 4years old. Please help I am not very tech savvy!

A:c000021a fatal system error‎

If you have the Windows XP CD you can do what's called a repair install which will re-install Windows without disturbing your files. Before doing that I would use something like Symantec Ghost or a linux live CD to get access to your important files.

You could also try to download and burn one of the virus scanning CD's available from avira, bitdefender, AVG, etc and see if you can remove the infection and if that fixes the issue without doing anything else.

After you get access to your files, learn to do proper backups. Having important files in a single location is just asking for trouble.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c000021a-fatal-system-error-566309.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a Dell XPS 400 running media center and am getting this same message. I have tried everyting I can think of including booting in safe mode and recovery to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Terry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-330492.html
Relevancy 110.08%

My pc, OS windows xp home edition sp3, keeps booting on startup, I can't open in safe mode and I get this error

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc00000135 (0x00000000 0x0000000)

and also my pc is Dell Dimension 2350 and didn't come with the XP discs
any help will be appreciated

A:Stop:c000021a (fatal system error) please help

download and burn this file to a blank CD and then boot from it.
http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso

Once booted, run chkdsk /r and then reboot and see if that helps at all.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-please-help-602766.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello, today I've been messing with some software tools like defrag and registry cleaner then i restarted my pc and now im getting blue screen with this error:
The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00010828).

I've already tried system recovery but it fails everytime aswell as the repair tool. Also I downloaded some important Windows 7 update today so I did a bit of googling and I found out that this type of error happened to some people after updating their windows. So I tried to delete the latest windows update using command prompt in system recovery optains but that says that im not authorized to do that even tho I logged in as administrator.
I've got no idea what else to do can anyone help me with this?

I doubt it will be the Windows Update that caused the problem, or a lot of people would have been reporting the same problem. It is more likely to be damage caused by the registry cleaner, registry cleaners can often cause more problems than they fix and are not required to keep your system running smoothly, don't use them. That being said I have not known of a registry cleaner to cause such a drastic problem.

Have you tried booting to the Advanced Options using the F8 key and selecting Last Known Good Configuration?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.1120803/
Relevancy 110.08%

Im having this error message after bootup
"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown"
I've tried all booting options and still get blue screen right after the Windows xp startup screen appears...

I cannot even go to safe mode command prompt mode...system shuts down immediately...i have already tried to do what microsoft kb says about this error...i did it with normal xp bootable disc...the article says,
"1. At a command prompt, type System Root\System32\Drwtsn32.exe -I, and then press ENTER.
This command configures Dr. Watson as the default system debugger.
2. At a command prompt, type System Root\System32\Drwtsn32.exe, and then select the following options:
Append to existing log file
Create crash dump
Visual Notification
how to do these steps? i cannot get to system 32 directory...please advise...thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-430778.html
Relevancy 110.08%

hi i am running windows xp home and when im starting my pc this error comes up in a blue screen:

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

i dunno how to solve it... any help would be greatly apprieciated.. thank you .

Ryan ~vodka4life~

A:STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)

Try a System Restore from a command prompt, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279736

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.641440/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi, I have a Dell Latitude E6500- Windows 7 Laptop - clean install fully updated. . After about an hour the machine will blue screen and need a manual reatart. Otherwise the machine performs fine. I ran Spinright, memtest86 with no errors. I removed the back plate and blew out the fan area. Any further troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. Also could not find any dump file on the system. See link for screen shot of BSOD

http:[email protected]/8166733268/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.1075898/
Relevancy 110.08%

I recently posted on here and got fast, great help. Now my friends computer is having trouble and I thought I would turn here again. Here is the issue.

When trying to boot I get the following blue screen:

The Verification of of a knownDLL failed, system process terminated unexpectedly, with a status of 0x0000020 (0x90ac4390 0x00000000).
Here is what I know about the laptop: It is a HP Pavillion dv6000, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5250 1500MHz, 2 gigs of memory, running Windows Vista. When I go into the bios I don't see the info on the hard drive.

Thank You in advanced for any help you can give!
-Daniel

Hi Daniel, Welcome to VF,

Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
Zip up the copy
Post it here

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/267983-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi
When I boot up my computer with Win XP (SP2) my computer restart without giving any message. So I tried disabling restart if error arise. Then the problem identified was as

Stop C000021a {fatal system error}The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000, 0x0000000) The system has been shut down.

Does anyone have any idea to resove this problem? I even did not get any information from microsoft url.

with regards

A:Stop C000021a {fatal system error}

Maybe this will help.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317189

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.507703/
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a laptop Sony VAIO model VGNFS with System Stop: {fatal C000021a Error} Mb RAm GHz intel processor it doesn t come with recovery cds u make it from the partition it comes with or recover C drive directly from there I ve been having this problem for a few days now and frankly i don t know what to do anymore at first i would get a message at start up saying Isass exe appliaction error the system failed to initialize properly click ok to terminate the program and then if would shut down or restart on its own after a few times i would get the following message STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logopn Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x x x The system has been shut down Stop: C000021a {fatal System Error} eventually i would be able to log in and the first message i would get is found new hardware ACPI uniprocessor Pc and then rebooth so the system change can take effect exept that rebooth might get me in the same problem i ve tried doing a system recovery and for a while it ws fine and it did it again sometimes it would freeze at the vaio screen i just performed another c drive recovery and at the first start up I got that blue screen again that thing is driving me nuts if anyone has a solution it will be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Stop: C000021a {fatal System Error}

No solution...but I think it would be wise...to make a recovery CD, per instructions from the system manufacturer.You may not always be able to access your hard drive or any partitions on it, the CD provides one more possibility of correcting whatever might be wrong (at that time).Complex error message, multiple possibilities for what might be the trigger. You might want to read: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669/Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130020/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi,

Yesterday I did a system restore on my pc and there was a powercut. Since then I've not been able to get to the desktop - it just keeps rebooting and when I disabled the automatic restart I got the STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} message.

I've tried to start it in safe mode (all the options) and it won't - it just reboots again. I've tried the last known good configuration option to have it reboot again.

I use Windows XP

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,
Karen

Relevancy 110.08%

Hi, I hope you can help, I am getting the Stop error above with the following info also. Stop C000021a (fatal system error) the verification of a known DLL has failed, system process failed unexpededley with astatus exception of oxc0000007b (0x000f9700 ox00000000) the system has been shut down.

I cannot boot at all, not even safe mode or last known good configuration. my system is Win 7 64bit. If I run startup repair it doesn't fix it, if I try to run SFC /SCANNOW it wont as it says it has a repair pending.

Please help, and thanks in advance.

Regards Dave

A:Stop C000021a (fatal system error)

Hi Dave and Welcome to TSF!

I'm not seeing any similar problems elsewhere, this may be unique to you :(

The suggestion in your thread elsewhere looks incorrect:
Quote:

The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xC000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has shutdown.

Note The status will always be 0xC000003a if you are experiencing the issue described here.

You are describing a oxc0000007b, so the issue isn't as described by MS.

Standard troubleshooting for 0xC000021A:
Quote:

Cause

This error occurs when a user-mode subsystem, such as WinLogon or the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem (CSRSS), has been fatally compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. In response, the operating system switches to kernel mode. Microsoft Windows cannot run without WinLogon or CSRSS. Therefore, this is one of the few cases where the failure of a user-mode service can shut down the system.

Mismatched system files can also cause this error. This can occur if you have restored your hard disk from a backup. Some backup programs might skip restoring system files that they determine are in use.
Resolving the Problem

Running the kernel debugger is not useful in this situation because the actual error occurred in a user-mode process.

Resolving an error in a user-mode device driver, system service, or third-party application: Because bug check 0xC000021A occurs in a user-mode process, the most common culprits are third-party applications. If the error occurred after the installation of a new or updated device driver, system service, or third-party application, the new software should be removed or disabled. Contact the manufacturer of the software about a possible update.

If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time. If this does not resolve the error, try manually removing the offending software. If the system partition is formatted with file allocation table (FAT), use an MS-DOS startup disk to gain access to the computer's hard disk. If the system partition is formatted with NTFS file system, you might be able to use Safe Mode to rename or delete the faulty software. If the faulty software is used as part of the system startup process in Safe Mode, you need to start the computer using the Recovery Console in order to access the file. If a newly installed piece if hardware is suspected, remove it to see if this resolves the issue.

Try running the Emergency Recovery Disk (ERD) and allow the system to repair any errors that it detects.

Resolving a mismatched system file problem: If you have recently restored your hard disk from a backup, check if there is an updated version of the Backup/Restore program available from the manufacturer. Make sure the latest Windows Service Pack is installed.

The closest thread I can see otherwise might be Blue Screen -- c000021a The verification of a KnownDLL failed. - Microsoft Community which also deals with a DLL verification problem, there's an answer there that details forcing a disk check, also see page 2 - the suggestion at the top may be worth trying.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-695867.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi People I m having a problem with my Dell Inspiron B running Windows XP Home Edition Operating error] [Fatal system C000021a Stop: system It is yrs old A flash drive that was used was infected thus the Stop: C000021a [Fatal system error] AVG free antivirus showed that the PC had the Heur virus The scan cleaned some but others could not be deleted eventually the system shut down The laptop was taken to a technician who reprogrammed it All the files were deleted and the new program worked well for a few days then whenever I tried to log on XP Professional justs starts up and then shuts down then a blue screen just flashes a quick message then it starts up again I have tried starting it using all the options available in F When I F and disable automatic restart the blue screen that flashed briefly remained and I was able to see the following message Stop c a Fatal system error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of f x x x The system has been shut down I do not have the operating disc Please advise Thanks in advance

A:Stop: C000021a [Fatal system error]

Hi there try this :

The system has been shut down. After unsuccessfully trying F8, Safe Mode and Last Know Good Configuration press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Esc to start task manager and on applications tab hit new task and run system restore (in windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe). Then Reboot !

These are instructions for you to try :

Reboot the system and continue pressing F8 ?> a screen that allows for a F1: Boot ?> do the F1 and continue pressing F8 to get the Safe Mode screen ?> select the Last Know Good Configuration and repeatedly press Ctrl+Shift+Esc sequence ?> Windows XP should load correctly! ?> open the C drive ?>windows folder ?>system32 folder ?>restore folder ?> and start the rstrui application ?> select a date prior to the download of the bad files ?> and now the problem should be gone !

Let me know if this works !
Good Luck !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273578/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

Greetings,
I found this thread regarding the error I'm getting on a client's computer:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...up-516556.html

I did not do all the things he did, but I've managed to clean the hard drive enough to where I briefly reach the desktop (in regular and safe modes) before receiving the exact same error. So, I cannot run any of the preliminary analysis programs on that hard drive unless they work with the infected drive as an external drive--I have an IDE SATA-to-USB adapter (and have backed up my data).

The problem arose after scanning with the free AVG program. I've rescanned the drive with Kaspersky several times and Kas thinks it's clean. I'm not convinced.

Infected computer:
DELL Optiplex GX260
WinXP pro SP3

Computer used to access drive:
DELL Optiples GX260
WinXP pro SP2

Can you help? Thanks so much!
-Andy English

UPDATE: during process of backing up some more files, reached I/O error on drive. Is it salvageable?
-Andy English

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-517636.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hey guys I have a problem. I'm running Windows XP SP2 on a laptop that has not been able to boot the last few days. The error message I get when starting is:

The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).

There is no reference to what caused this, and I am unable to boot in safe mode. any help would be most appreciatve.

Have you tried "Last Known Good Configuration" from the Safe Mode menu?If that doesn't work insert your Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.Type: chkdsk /rIt's important to have a space before the "/".To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163137/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello I need help fixing my computer C000021a Error... System Stop: Fatal When I turn it on it appears to boot fine the XP thing Stop: C000021a Fatal System Error... runs and seemingly goes on with no problems A few moments later a black screen comes up like it normally does but then my computer makes a sort of weird sound as if it were going into sleep mode but still on and then a blue screen appears with these words Stop c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down I am using a Dell Dimension E and Windows Xp I think I have Media Center Edition but I may have professional This happend on March and I was using Microsoft Office Word I turned my computer off by the power button and turned it backed on When I did so I was greeted with this problem I am currently using my Ps to type this It s quite tedious Please help if you can

A:Stop: C000021a Fatal System Error...

Try to enter in windows Safe mode and try to restore your computer last date. because it might be problem in Windows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213198/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a dell computer I use windows xp My computer shuts down everytime I try to start it It will c000021a fatal error Solved: system say winlogon exe error if I want to report it to Microsoft Then within seconds I get the blue screen Solved: c000021a fatal system error of death It says c a Fatal System Error I have researched it and have tried to boot from the cd rom butttt my D cd rom is not working The E is working The D hasnt worked for a while I never had time to change the cd rom out and get another one So I cant get the computer booted for the resourse cd I have tried to go to the computer to get the e cd rom to work but by the time It comes up the computer shuts down I was thinking of putting another cd romm in the computer but does it take a driver If so that wont work for me because the computer wont give me any time to do anything much less download a driver The computer going into safe mode but shuts off no matter if I go to the prompt or other options Can someone please help me Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 110.08%

Help STOP: c000021a Fatal system error The session failure system proccess terminated Unexpectedly  status of 0xc000003xa(0x00000000 0x00000000 )  i got no disc or anything  just saying but help

A:Help. STOP: c000021a Fatal system error

Does the computer boot into boot at all in either Safe Mode or normally?

Please post the make and model of this computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534188/help-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a Windows XP laptop with SP Earlier today I was just browsing the internet nothing special and out of nowhere I began getting all these popups from my Avira Well since I had this problem before and I solved it by clicking on delete file on each popup and then scanning my computer I was planning on doing the same but the popups would not stop I tried opening up Task Manager to see if I could see a program running that wasn t supposed to be or whatever but my task manager would not come up Instead I System c000021a STOP: Fatal Error kept getting an error saying Task Manager could not start up because STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error of something registry error or I m not sure what it said I got scared and just forced it STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error to shut down When I tried to reboot I got the blue screen saying STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error STOP c la Fatal System Error The Windows Logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of Oxc Ox Ox The system has been shut down I have tried running Safe Mode booting from last configuration that worked I have tried nearly everything I have seen online from using the Recovery Console chkdsk bootcfg all those have copied the system files into tmp and tried to do what it said on the Windows website but nothing has changed I don t want to lose my files because there are important pictures from my niece when she was born and everything I have done through college I can t lose these files I seen somewhere that some people somehow are able to copy the files onto the usb and back them up This would be awesome so I could backup all my files on another computer and just reinstall Windows XP Is this possible Also I seen somewhere about a BartPE CD and since I have no other windows XP computer I was wondering if I could make this CD on a NON Windows XP computer and run it on my laptop My sister has a Vista and Windows computer If anyone knows it would help a lot Another thing I saw was that someone posted that they popped in the XP CD went into Install Windows options as if she was to reinstall XP and she got the option to repair the existing installation and someone else posted that they had the option of keeping the drive intact or something Does anyone know about this I don t know what else to do and I don t have the money to take it somewhere Any advice or help would be very very much appreciated

A:STOP: c000021a Fatal System Error

A repair installation will not affect your files, so this is one option. One other option it to try a System Restore. I'll provide you with instructions for both of these.System Restore.Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.Repair Installation.Boot the computer from the XP CD. You may need to change boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order.When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer: To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER. To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R. To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER. You do not want to choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R.Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair isn't one of the option end the installation, this will mean that you will need to do a fresh installation of XP.The repair will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot, the repair installation will continue after the reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339940/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

hello,while playing games online, my system gets shutdown and if i restart, i will be getting " STOP:c000021a [fatal system error]" over blue screen. in order to start, i have to do restart several times..
any body can tell me how to fix this and what is actually ment by fatal system error? waiting for help..

A:STOP:c000021a [fatal system error]

Boot in safemode with networking and follows these instructions
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194554-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi,

The other day we found a computer giving this error and continuosly resetting:
 The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown

We reviewed kb156669 and it says some causes:
•Mismatched system files have been installed:  "No as far as we know"
•A Service Pack installation has failed:  "No as far as we know"
•A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use:  "No as far as we know"
•An incompatible third-party program has been installed: "No as far as we know"

We resolved the problem copying the folder system32 from a new computer to the old but the question is if someone know how to troubleshoot this and to know exactly the cause.

Thanks in advance.

The previous person that used it might have added dual boot with linux and edited the .Ini boot file.

You understand that the system32 folder contains a folder called drivers, which contains the drivers related to the software installed on the operating system?

So basically copying the system32 folder from another pc, and expecting all software to run fine is not going to work out well for you.
For example, here i have 2 pcs, pc A and pc B.
Pc A has avast and malwarebytes software installed.  Pc B has Microsoft security essentials and SuperAntiSpyware installed.  How could i expect the system32 folder from pc A, to have the correct drivers for pc B?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565812/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi guys- I have a {Fatal BSoD c000021a Error} System Dell Inspiron E series laptop running XP SP w MS Office I am was using AVG free for anti-virus software I did attempt to upgrade to AVG then proceeded to run a scan with with auto shut down That was it for the day On my next attempt to BSoD c000021a {Fatal System Error} start the machine I saw the usual start up with Windows XP across the screen and then got the BSoD Tried several more times since and there is no change I do not recall hearing any noises that were out of the ordinary Here is the message I received STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc The system has been shut down I have tried to start from a previous session including cmd line from F to no avail I have been able to retrieve some music by starting with Dell quot media direct quot Hopefully this is a bit of a start I appreciate any help that can be provided Thanks nbsp

A:BSoD c000021a {Fatal System Error}

If I were you, this is what i'd do. First buy an external hard drive bigger than the one in your computer. Then, on another computer, go to this site: http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download I recommend downloading to a CD. Download the file to your desktop. Open the file and follow the instructions. On the infected computer, boot off the CD or USB stick. When it starts up, click on 'Try Ubuntu'. Transfer everything from your hard drive onto the external hard drive. Reinstall Windows and all device drivers. Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-c000021a-fatal-system-error.959163/
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a DELL Inspiron E1705, with Windows XP, service pack2.
I get STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).

I tried the F8 key & restart Last Known Good Configuration. Doesn't work.

I need help.
Thanks

Hello maca93

Had you just made any changes such as installing a program/Updates or updating drivers?

Try a System Restore from Safe Mode.
Press F8 to boot to the Safe Mode Options screen
Select
'Safe mode with command prompt'

At the command prompt type
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hopefully System Restore will open so pick a date a few days ago

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-231332.html
Relevancy 110.08%

STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shutdown Hello yesterday I ran a scan on my computer and it found some registry fixes and infected files in the boot section After I successfully removed the problems everything went fine The moment I decided to restart my computer it asked me if I wanted to check my disks usually I ignore these but since it was almost time for me to go to sleep I agreed Early in the morning I turned on my computer and then I got a BSOD this surprised me since I never get these I need your help in fixing this error and I appreciate anyone who has the time to help me REMEMBER I have no access to command prompts I'm on a different computer No access to Safe Mode No CD ROMS No Floppy disks This BSOD appears after Windows load up Example In order it goes - gt Motherboard logo Additional info on hardware Windows load up BSOD Once again thank you to anything who can help me STOP: Error} System c000021a {Fatal and I appreciate anyone who attempts to fix this Have a nice day EDIT Sorry if this is in the wrong section please do not remove this and if anyone is able to move it to the STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} right section

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-364145.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I have been having problems recently with my laptop The hard drive tends to stop functioning and then crash When I tried to reboot it said the operating system was not found So I decided to give the hard drive and the laptop a break to Error} c000021a - System {Fatal help? STOP: cool down and it worked great for a while then crashed again And then it asked me to start the windows repair and when I did it got a stop error asking bs to disable shadowing on the BIOS But I dont know how to disable it so I end STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} - help? up restating after waiting a bit I tried using safe mode but the boot up kept getting stuck at crcdisc sys and then later when I tried to use system repair I got this error STOP c a Fatal Systrm Error The initial session process of system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x xc x c The system has been shut down And I sit here with this stop error as I type this post I m using my iPod so I m sorry if I fail to type and I hope someone out there can help me I normally wouldn t ask for help but can t take anymore I give up I ll turn off the laptop and let it rest in case the hard drive is overheating nbsp

A:STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} - help?

I have a desktop PC and just ran into the same problem,

Any help on this topic would be much appreciated !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-help.979815/
Relevancy 110.08%

Help I have a Dell desktop running Windows XP Pro SP I believe the SP part is correct Last week the pc did a virus scan using Avira and it found items that needed fixed I moved them to quarantine without looking exactly what they were wish I hadn't done that now When it was complete I was running fine The next morning I left pc on I couldn't get anything to run - System {Fatal Error} BSOD c000021a click on any icon and nothing would happen CTRL-ALT-DEL and BSOD c000021a {Fatal System Error} nothing would happen etc So I did a hard boot and then it went into the continuous boot loop where it would get to the Windows boot screen with scroll bar and then shut down and reboot again I did an F at boot and turned off Automatic Restarts BSOD c000021a {Fatal System Error} on System Failure and it brought me to a BSOD with this error STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down I have tried starting in Safe Mode all options and get same thing I had someone suggest loading XPUD exe and http noahdfear net downloads driver sh BSOD c000021a {Fatal System Error} on a flash drive with instructions to do somethings but my BIOS does not support USB boots So I loaded it onto a CD and did boot with it but the pc still will not recognize the USB as an option to load driver sh and my cd is not writeable on that pc In XPUD exe I tried setting up my ethernet connection but it won't work through it I am currently on a laptop so that is how I am in here now I am somewhat technology inclined at least enought to be dangerous so I'm not afraid of trying anything with help Thanks in advance for any help Keith

A:BSOD c000021a {Fatal System Error}

If you have a Windows Installation disc, do a Repair Install. Cheers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-c000021a-fatal-system-error-537658.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I was trying to install nero multimedia suite 10 when my computer just turned itself off and restarted. then i got blue screen saying :-

STOP : c000021a (fatal system error ) the windows subsystem system process terminatted unexpectedly with a status of 0 c0000005

computer is still working ok ( touch wood ) but it logged the fatal error and now im abit worried its a serious problem?

any help guys?

ps i dont have a windows disk

A:STOP : c000021a (fatal system error )

Hi Tizza. Im not sure how technical you are but heres what this error means:

The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. This error may have several causes. Among them are the following:
Mismatched system files have been installed.
A Service Pack installation has failed.
A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
An incompatible third-party program has been installed.

Heres a link if a fix is needed: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;156669

You said the computer is working ok so I think your probably alright. I feel like a broken record because this is the 3rd time in 3 days I told someone to do this to fix a problem LOL. But its easy and it works. Do a system restore back to a date before this happened
since your able to boot up and your computer is still working. To do this go to start - programs - accessories - system tools - system restore. Select a highlighted date from before you got this message. Select system check point from the right and follow the on screen prompts. Make sure when your computer reboots it says that the system restore was successful and youll be ok my friend. Let me know if you need anymore help or if for some reason this doesnt fix your problem. Take care

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-500719.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi guys I know this has been asked before - but I cannot find the answer that solves my problem On boot up I am getting the BSOD - with a STOP c a Fatal System error The Windows Login Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a a status of xc - System Fatal Error BSOD (c000021a) x x The System has shut down I am using XP SP on a Dell Dimension c Note I got this after using anti BSOD - Fatal System Error (c000021a) virus software Spy bot Avira Suiperantispyware I think this is what itr was called In forums I have seen they have suggested going into safe mode - doesn't work Go back to quot Last Known Configuration quot - doesn't work reinstalling repairing XP with an installation disk - unfortunately I do not have one came pre-installed with my computer to go into the recovery module and try chkdsk r fixboot fixmbr - neither of these worked take out hard drive and put into another computer - I do not want to go near the hardware - as I am technically hardware inept Would you guys have any suggestions - I am at my wits end If it means going into the recovery module and stopping or starting a service - I can do that Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD - Fatal System Error (c000021a)

Hi Nev, I am going to give you a link that might I repeat might help you solve this issue. However it comes with a warning: Some of the troubleshooting steps involve working in your registry. Unless you know exactly what you are doing in there I don't recommend this. 90% of the time it will only make the problem worse. That said, I'm not quite sure if you will be able to apply any of these fixes becuase you don't have an XP disk, but you might be able to do something from the recovery console. Let me know if it helps you, and if not I will look for some other ways to try to help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;156669

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the quick tools option located at the top of this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-fatal-system-error-c000021a-507886.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi,
I'm using Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop. My laptop crashed after I did a big blunder. The os is windows XP Home Edition.

This is what I did:
To get rid of a start up error in psapi.dll after installing IE 7.0, per what I found in one of the forums, I renamed psapi.dll in my laptop. Installed latest version of Firefox broswer. By mistake I renamed this psapi.dll file under windows/system32 folder also. Later, when it prompted about windows log on alert, I clicked on yes (instead of no :(( ) and restarted my laptop.
Thats it my laptop got crashed. I get this below error now:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal system error}
the windows log on process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135

(0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down

Is there a solution to recover my OS & my laptop. I cannot login now at all.
Can anyone please help??

Thanks.

A:STOP: c000021a {Fatal system error}

do you have the recovery CD? have you tried doing a repair using that recovery CD? if you do not have the recovery CD, try the steps here:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f108...tml#post839984

i hope you have a good back up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-250748.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Dell 4600 series Windows XPTurn on the computer get the start up screen then a BLUE SCREEN.Blue Screen says:Stop: C000021a (fatal system error)Session Manager Initialization System process terminated unexpectidely with a status oxc000026c (0xc00000000 0xc00000000).This system has been shut down.I can't even get to Safe Mode. I tried to boot to last good configeration and doesn't change.Need some ideas.... I have read the forums and it seems that it might be a virus or something, but having problems getting to somewhere I can start cleaning. I have all the disks that came with the computer.Thanks...Tina

A:Stop: C000021a (fatal system error)

The error refers to the fact that the SMSS.EXE service was unable to load for some reason.Since you're not able to boot to Windows you'll have to look to either a repair install or a wipe and reinstall of Windows.For the repair install, read this first if you have IE7 installed: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=917964Then use this procedure for the repair install: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189681/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi I am getting C a Fatal System Error xC XP Error System problem C000021a Fatal x x on another XP Home computer I C000021a Fatal System Error XP problem have I have read many posts on the web regarding this and the solutions proposed all require the computer to complete the startup process get to the cmd line or get into safe mode This computer cannot start up in safe mode I get to the window to select the different safe mode options and when I try each one the computer always gets stuck and displays the fatal system error message I cannot get to a cmd line and when I insert the disk that Dell provided it makes the startup run a little further but still crashes with the fatal system error not ready to bring this to the shop yet until I try and get some help from people much smarter than me on this subject any suggestions help to offer for a pc that cannot even start up in safe mode many thanks PLR nbsp

A:C000021a Fatal System Error XP problem

What disk did Dell supply...Recovery disk?

You might have to get into Bios and set your boot order so that Your CD-Rom is first in boot order.

Pushing F2 immediately on startup might also give you the option to select your Cd-Rom (put the disk in first)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c000021a-fatal-system-error-xp-problem.802154/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi all I m looking for any suggestions for a system error message I ve just started getting When I try to start my pc I get as far as the Windows logon screen and System C000021a Error} {fatal Stop: then it hangs with Stop: C000021a {fatal System Error} this message Stop c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down I tried to get into safe mode and also tried quot Use last known good Stop: C000021a {fatal System Error} configuration quot without success Is this a software or hardware issue and can I try anything before reloading the operating system If I have to try to reload will I lose everything on the drive This is an older pc - Compaq Presario approx years old running WindowsXP Home sp and had all available updates I haven t added or removed any software recently The only thing unusual in the recent past was a power outage two days ago but it was running fine yesterday Today I played World of Warcraft for a short Stop: C000021a {fatal System Error} time then downloaded updates for SuperAntiSpyware and Adaware shut the pc down and when I tried to turn it on started getting this message I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have If it comes to an operating system reload I d be grateful for any suggestions for saving existing data on the drive Thanks in advance

I'd suggest taking a look at a few of the links below:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=X...amp;btnG=SearchSeems to be a varied phenomenon, which means it will probably take time to resolve.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154649/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi.

I've been trying to fix this for a couple of days now and I have run out of ideas.
The Microsoft logo appears and the loading bar but then the Blue screen and I cannot boot into Windows.
So far I have tried:-
Boot Last Known Configuration (BSOD)
Safe mode (BSOD)
Startup Repair (No errors found because technically its does boot...)
System Restore (No restore points)
Chkdsk
sfc /scannow (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation(?))

Is there anything else I can try before I just reinstall Vista?
Thanks.

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

This is a difficult BSOD to troubleshoot. Please start by running the free anti-malware stuff here (and then run the other tests as time allows): Hardware Diags

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-629956.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I am currenting Running XP Home Version Service Pack on a Dell My Problem is whenever I switch users My wife and I share the same machine I get the following Error with the blue screen of death STOP C a Fatal System Error The Session Manager system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc ox x ff d x ef The System has been shutdown This has been happening for the last weeks My Hijack log is as follows Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Error} STOP: C000021a {Fatal HELP! System system services exe C WINDOWS STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error} HELP! system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error} HELP! exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System nfscsrv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C PROGRA TUN COMMON ESLCBCST EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe O - Hosts dbdevnet O - Hosts dbfire O - HKLM Run checkrun C windows system elitelyz exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button ATI TV - DFF- E- edc-B C- E CD C - C Program Files ATI Multimedia tv EXPLBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF D - B- D -A E- B CoGSManager Class - http gamingzone ubisoft com dev packages GSManager cab O - DPF B F-D BF- -B -FDC F F E B FilePlanet Download Control Class - http www fileplanet com fpdlmgr cabs FPDC cab O - DPF BA C -DAE - CE - BB- C A F B GSDACtl Class - http launch gamespyarcade com software launch alaunch cab O - DPF A - C- E - B- D EC D CRAVOnline Object - http www ravantivirus com scan ravonline cab O - Protocol vskype - no CLSID - no file O - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - America Online Inc - C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS SYSTEM ati sgag exe O - Service Esker License Control EskerLicenseControl - Esker - C PROGRA TUN COMMON ESLCBCST EXE O - Service Esker FTPD ftpds - Esker - C PROGRA TUN TCPW WFTPDSNT EXE O - Service IAA Event Monitor IAANTMon - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe O - Service LexBce Server LexBceS - Lexmark International Inc - C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE O - Service Esker LPD lpds - Esker - C PROGRA TUN TCPW WLPDSNT EXE O - Service Esker NFSD nfsds - Esker - C PROGRA TUN TCPW WNFSDSNT EXE O - Service Esker NFS Network Provider TunNfsNP - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System nfscsrv exe O - Service WAN Miniport ATW Service WANMiniportService - America Online Inc - C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe O - Service TridiaVNC Server winvnc - Tridia Corporation - C Program Files TridiaVNC win WinVNC exe O - Service X Device Network Service x nets - Unknown owner - C PROGRA ATIMUL RemCtrl x nets exe file missing Anyone have any solutions - other th... Read more

A:STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error} HELP!

I have followed the instructions on the thread
Elite Toolbar - I'm in H*LL, Pleasse Help!~
(since I think I have the Elite Toolbar Problem also)
I downloaded and ran Ad-Aware SE Personal and SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY
Hear is my HiJackThis Log after running the above
Please advise me what to remove thanks anyone who can help.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:04:36 AM, on 7/8/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nfscsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TUN\COMMON\ESLCBCST.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O1 - Hosts: 209.114.249.189 dbdevnet
O1 - Hosts: 209.114.249.180 dbfire
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] C:\windows\system32\elitelyz32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: ATI TV - {44226DFF-747E-4edc-B30C-78752E50CD0C} - C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\tv\EXPLBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\PartyPoker.exe
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {27527D31-447B-11D5-A46E-0001023B4289} (CoGSManager Class) - http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/dev/packages/GSManager.cab
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.cab
O16 - DPF: {70BA88C8-DAE8-4CE9-92BB-979C4A75F53B} (GSDACtl Class) - http://launch.gamespyarcade.com/software/launch/alaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {A3009861-330C-4E10-822B-39D16EC8829D} (CRAVOnline Object) - http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ravonline.cab
O18 - Protocol: vskype - (no CLSID) - (no file)
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Esker License Control (EskerLicenseControl) - Esker - C:\PROGRA~1\TUN\COMMON\ESLCBCST.EXE
O23 - Service: Esker FTPD (ftpds) - Esker - C:\PROGRA~1\TUN\TCPW\WFTPDSNT.EXE
O23 - Service: IAA Event Monitor (IAANTMon) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Esker LPD (lpds) - Esker - C:\PROGRA~1\TUN\TCPW\WLPDSNT.EXE
O23 - Service: Esker NFSD (nfsds) - Esker - C:\PROGRA~1\TUN\... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-help.378371/
Relevancy 110.08%

The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000)
the system has been shut down.

This message comes up pretty much after the windows loading screen.
Have no idea what this is about as it happened very suddenly.
But cannot get into windows at all basically.
Please help if u can.

A:Fatal System Error...c000021a,,need helpppp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeddy

The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000)
the system has been shut down.

This message comes up pretty much after the windows loading screen.
Have no idea what this is about as it happened very suddenly.
But cannot get into windows at all basically.
Please help if u can.

Read here for the solution.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fatal-system-error-c000021a-need-helpppp-73151.html
Relevancy 110.08%

hi i hope someone might have some useful suggestions to help me with a fatal problem i have just experienced with my acer travelmate intel duel core ghz running vista sp which was running ok when it was switched off however when i next tried to boot (FATAL c000021a SYSTEM STOP: ERROR) up i STOP: c000021a (FATAL SYSTEM ERROR) was met with the bsod with the following message STOP c a fatal system error the initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x x x the system has been shut down i have tried to bootup using safe mode but the system just hangs on the logon i have also tried to bootup using the last good configuration but the system fails to finish booting and hangs on the logon similarly i have tried to boot to the c prompt but again the system hangs and fails to complete the boot i have not tried to boot with a resue disc or reinstall the os - the hdd contains valuable data that is not backed up and which i cannot really afford to lose so if anyone has so useful help or suggestions i would be very grateful - please just do not tell me that i should have backed up my data more regularly many thanks in anticipation of some good advice or suggestions best

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-645633.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I have windows xp media center edition. The stop c000021a fatal sytem error message with a blue screen keeps coming up. The computer will not allow me to get to the start up menu. When first attempting to correct the problem I was able to get into Safe Boot Options Menu but still could not run Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, or Start Windows Normally. When I turn on the computer now and press F8 it makes a loud beep noise for as long as I hold it down then goes back to the blue screen. Please Help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-449960.html
Relevancy 110.08%

following error msgs displays and not booting windows. so i format and reinstall windows.
what is the problem in my system?

The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status 0

now am using kaspersky internet security 7.0.1.325 it enough?

A:STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

Please DON'T double post (someone please close this thread here).

Are you still having the problem or did the full re-install fix it? If you are then when did it start happening (on the clean Windows or after you started adding programs to it)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-278548.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi All

I am a beginner to all this so while i know there are some solutions to this I just dont understand what to do!

Any help appreciated, most times i log on i get this BSOD. I removed the windows update that seemed to cause many to believe that it was the reason, but after 2 weeks of no problems, its back with fury

I really appreciate your attention

Nick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hello-please-help-bsod-c000021a-fatal-system-error.681635/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi Everyone,
I was happily on my laptop when I noticed that my virus protector TREND MICRO had popped up a box saying that a trojan had been detected and I needed to restart my computer so I did.

Anyway ever since then I can boot up but then after maybe 2 or 3 minutes I get the blue screen with the error message c000021a etc.

I am currently running in Safe Mode with Networking and apart from the fact that it all looks very ugly I am not having any problems.

I done some googling re the problem but am getting confused...I'm not in-depth computer savy at all.

Hopefully someone can help
Cheers Moira
PS: I did a system restore to no avail
PPS: just noticed that there was a Windows update that must have download automatically this afternoon - I left the laptop on while I was out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-fatal-system-error-c000021a.747083/
Relevancy 110.08%

stop c a fatal system error the session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x x x Windows XP SP My stop: system {fatal c000021a error} computer had recently been infected by one of the fake quot BUY OUR ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM YOUR COMPUTER IS DYING LOL quot viruses I removed it Security Suite I believe using safe mode and Malware Bytes I had no problem for about three days My computer has the trial version of Spyware Doctor antispyware and antivirus yadda yadda Can t afford REAL Antivirus at this time so I try to stop: c000021a {fatal system error} stay off the internet on the computer I was then trying to update stop: c000021a {fatal system error} Super Antispyware only to realize that the fake virus had IE set to a proxy server Super Antispyware wouldn y update I hadn t noticed that since I use firefox When I changed it back Super Antispyware DID update and I ran a scan using it While that was going on in the background I played Quake After about twenty minutes I was about to quite Quake and decided to see if it needed to update I m using my friends Quake with a CD Crack because he ran off on vacation with the game before I realized you had to input the key in a second time when you first run the game Yeah yeah I know you shouldn t do that I plan on reinstalling it when he gets back Anyway I hit the upate and it said it needed to update to something or other Then it went to desktop Only there was nothing on my desktop I hit alt-tab and accessed Super Antispyware which had finished it s scan I told it to clean things up and then it froze I couldn t access any other part of my desktop so I rebooted my computer via the second power button hold Now the computer crashes to bluescreen with the above error Safe mode gives the same error and the last working config also gives this error No idea what to do various other sites on the internet give solutions like RIP image folder or something but I can t change that due to not being able to access anything I d REALLY like to not have to reformat Granted I don t even know HOW to do that what with not being able to get into windows does anyone have any solutions or help Also I dunno if this matters or not but I also couldn t pull up any windows update websites and the like on that computer either nbsp

Relevancy 110.08%

Had malware issues and now I have have this blue screen saying STOP: c000021a Fatal system error ...the system has been shut down.
Is there anyway to get back into safe mode and then go on to removing the malware problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-on-stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-500070.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi i am using windows xp service pack2, While restart or shutdown the system, i am getting this error message.
STOP C000021a. Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process
terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000).

while i run the Symentec virus scan the following virus have been detected, very offenly
Trojan.Awax
Downloader
Trojan.Metajuan
Trojan Horse
Trojan.Pandex
While shutdown this system explorer.exe is not ending by its own, its promting for end now.

please any one suggest me, how to overcome this issue. i tried system recovery, but it didn't helped. i am not having XP os CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-system-fatal-error-320221.html
Relevancy 110.08%

PLEASE HELP !!!

Have a second hand computer windows xp professional ( hp zd8000 ).

Turned it on and got :

windows xp stop c000021a fatal system error status of 0xc0000135 ( 0x00000000 0x00000000).

What do I do ? I am not a computer expert but this is not good at all !

Any help would be "GREATLY" appreciated.

Thanx !!!

A:stop c000021a fatal system error

I had the same thing. Turned out my hard drive had alot of SMART errors.
Bye, bye HD! It was a Western Digital, the second WD that went bad, do not trust them anymore.

Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c000021a-fatal-system-error-343940.html